Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Part 9

Will & Grace is back on January 31st

and Doom Patrol on February 15!

plus all the fun before, after and in between!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600April 11, 2019 6:07 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2019 4:44 AM

Ohmahgoodness! Hes looking mighty hot as fuck in OPs picture.

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2019 4:52 AM

The Dublin Film Festival will be better organized than London as it's a Opening Gala so he shouldn't get mobbed by over zealous fans. Lived in Dublin for a year and the location doesn't lend itself to people crowding outside the cinema as it's right on a main road.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2019 5:28 AM

What happened to Papi Chulo? When it i is releasing on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2019 6:03 AM

R4 Papi Chulo is doing the festival rounds. Prrobably be released later in the year.

Looks like other people notice how much his weird fans tweet him.

I'm guessing it's because he follows some of them their tweets come up first (especially when they tweet him multiple times a day) but yeah there's a few fans that are batshit crazy. I'd be afraid to encourage them. Doesn't take much for set obsessed fans off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2019 4:36 PM

R5, The algorithm (of who appears first) is a combination of who replies first, who he follows, how many likes the tweet gets and whose tweets he usually likes. Twitter takes all of that into consideration to determine what he sees first under a reply. (It also marks certain replies and accounts as useless.) Verified accounts always get a bump up based upon that over every one else.

The problem, and I don't know if that person gets that, is that when his fans get into struggles over who gets his attention first they're the only one that uses. He just pulls back from the platform even more. He definitely appears that he doesn't like drama.

As for those particular fans that keep appearing: he knows who they are. He knows their names. He sees them all the time physically showing up to get a signature and say hi for a few seconds. He may like the fact that they spend money on him, promote him and appear to give a crap about him. He also once said that he's way too trusting but Simon is not.

While that seems weird to us, because it is, it's still in his best interest not to piss them off as long as they keep their distance and he may actually like them because he sees them so much. He just might be that nice of a person.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2019 6:05 PM

R6 he most likely just grateful to have really dedicated fans-they're free PR for him. As someone said before I doubt he really thinks about it that much; he most likely has a quick scroll through his timeline, reads the comments and then gets back to his life. Him liking fans or only certain fans tweets doesn't mean anything-it's not like he's inviting them to hang out or becoming friends with them. He only likes their tweets when he's tagged in them-that tells you enough tbh.

It's the fans fault for thinking that a like or him remembering their name means that you've a connection. He seems like nice guy who makes time for his fans but yeah some of thos women need to chill out lol going to the same screening withing an hour of each other is baffling

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2019 6:53 PM

LOL I agree R7. I do appreciate the videos the fans take of the Q&As so we can see them.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2019 7:33 PM

(from the old thread)

[quote]Has anyone seen "Jonathan"?Is it any good?Does Matt even mention this movie?

A fan asked him why his name was listed at Matthew Bomer in the credits and if he's going back to using Matthew instead of Matt.

His response was, that he wasn't sure why and he added that it was a cameo.

So there you go. It's just a cameo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2019 4:42 AM

Bomer is very self conscious, he obviously checks SM everyday, my guess is that he has all his twitter fans identified because they've been around for so long and many have travelled long distances to see him. He's also a caring person, perhaps he favorites her nutties fans because it's the only way to keep them calm and ignores the fan accounts with more followers and influence, so to not give them too much power... his husband is a publicist, Matt knows what he's doing. The problem is that his normal fans are stepping away from tweeting him and don't even tweet often anymore. He obviously doesn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2019 7:09 AM

He may be self-counscious but he's also image conscious. It's a good thing to an extent. It keeps him from making mistakes. So many celebs ignore that and they shouldn't. He's not going to be like ScarJo or any celeb who the public gets annoyed with (while they continually make mistakes) because they don't care or care to hear what the public is upset about (only listening to their people) until their movies start bombing. He won't do another Anything or align himself with someone like Susan Sarandon again. She may be nice but she has a bad public rep.

As you said, he does check SM every day. He's also very much still on Twitter but careful NOT to let people know he is. He'll randomly favorite a tweet from someone, make a response or follow a person even when he's been quiet for days.

He followed a lot of fan accounts for a while and now he follows accounts of people he has worked with, people he knows or people he finds interesting. His normal fans know that he prefers Instagram and that's where they should be. It's obviously easier for him to deal with. Many celebs have ditched Twitter because it's toxic.

Finally, as said before a few times, we're also sure he knows about this place too as do most celebs.

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2019 8:30 AM

Matt posted this earlier with Simon on their way to the SAG awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Very boring tux, Ricky Martin outshone him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2019 9:35 AM

He looked hot. Classic and classy.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2019 3:11 PM

Simon telling Matt to hurry along. I wonder does he ever get sick of being his husband's 'non-offical' publicist and having to be the one who moves Matt along and keeps him on schedule.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2019 4:09 PM

I just saw “Anything” with Bomer playing a trans. Boilerplate blah movie but I give him credit. He is charismatic. Even as a woman, he has magnetism.

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2019 4:37 PM

R15 how many times must it be repeated. Halls and Bomer have accepted their Father Duck/ Duckling dynamic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2019 4:56 PM

I wish Matt would stop wearing the same boring thing to every. single. event. That video of him talking to Timothée Chalamet gives me hope that a little sense of adventure in regards to fashion will rub off on him. Don't get me wrong he looks stunning in a classic black and white suit, but it'd be nice to see him mix it up a little.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2019 9:15 PM

Matt usually ends up on best dressed lists so I doubt he'll be changing his styling anytime soon.

Him not wearing socks is as wild as he gets.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2019 10:08 PM

I really hate that no socks look

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2019 10:19 PM

Duckling is a boring formal dresser, that is why he is Duckling.

He has only worn an interesting tux once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2019 10:31 PM

I like the video of him talking with Timothee, I love it when at the end they briefly made eye contact and immediately looked away. Matt has in the past liked a couple of tweets regarding Timmy. He's a fan.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2019 11:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 29, 2019 11:52 AM

IMHO Jonathan is a stupid movie. Matt only makes a brief appearance.

by Anonymousreply 24January 30, 2019 8:32 AM

R24 well he even tweeted himself that it was only a cameo. Think the director was in CMU so probably the reason he did it. He only mentioned it once or twice on social media so not liked he hyped it up as anything

by Anonymousreply 25January 30, 2019 6:34 PM

Apparently Doom Patrol is not bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 1, 2019 2:33 PM

As someone else said before, these DC shows are "adult" shows not shows with kids.

And it's nice to have nudity confirmed for Doom Patrol.

DC's Titans had nudity as well.

by Anonymousreply 27February 1, 2019 3:40 PM

And Matt posted his Doom Patrol animation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 1, 2019 3:57 PM

Hopefully the nudity is Bomer pre bandages, but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 29February 1, 2019 4:01 PM

There's some hope. It seems like they all get spotlight/flashback episodes during the season.

But I think his character is already married with kids when the accident happens from the casting sides.

by Anonymousreply 30February 1, 2019 4:19 PM

A character that's married with kids could still have a nude scene. It's probably one of the other male characters.

by Anonymousreply 31February 1, 2019 4:42 PM

R31, yes but in the sides I think she's already mourning her loss of him. There's also a gay character in a gay relationship in his episode too that's working on the project he's involved in.

There should be reviews out soon since more reviewers apparently just saw it.

by Anonymousreply 32February 1, 2019 5:06 PM

Check out Farhoudi’s story if you want to see Mr Peabody in the bottom missionary position

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 2, 2019 12:05 AM

For posterity

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 2, 2019 12:14 AM

It's actually great that he tries to keep himself in shape.

by Anonymousreply 35February 2, 2019 12:22 AM

I think he looks great.

by Anonymousreply 36February 2, 2019 8:40 AM

Compare his frame against Bomer's. Matt is very slight

by Anonymousreply 37February 2, 2019 9:30 AM

I don’t understand how someone can exercise in sneakers without socks.

by Anonymousreply 38February 2, 2019 11:43 AM

Simon is big and in great shape

by Anonymousreply 39February 2, 2019 12:16 PM

~"But Burtka was already involved, raising twins with his long-term male partner. “So I sort of gazed from afar until that had run its course. And thankfully I got to hear from Kate on the phone, every now and again, when she’d say, ‘They’re fighting! They’re fighting! You might have your chance!’ ” AND ~"When they spend time with Burtka’s twins, Harris says he gets to “be the fun guy who takes them to Disneyland.” So was Burkta more of a father to the Bomer-Halls kids than I originally thought? My understanding was that he was out of the picture before the kids were ever born, but these are quotes from NPH. And if Burkta was playing dad to these kids, why does no one talk about how he abandoned them once his own kids with NPH came along/when Matt came into the picture? Seems like kind of a screwed up thing to do when you were around for the birth of these children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 3, 2019 1:05 PM

No they are referring to Burtka’s previous, pre-Halls partner whom he had children with.

Burtka was involved with Halls during Burtka’s run in Gypsy, they had a long distance relationship and Halls did not have any children at that time.

by Anonymousreply 41February 3, 2019 2:03 PM

Also the timeline was muddled on purpose by Harris in that interview, but subsequently corrected in his autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 42February 3, 2019 2:04 PM

Simon resembles Mr. Peabody. Matt acts as though he is Simon's duckling.

by Anonymousreply 43February 3, 2019 3:16 PM

R40 The guy Davis Burtka dated before Simon was Lane Jagger, who also featured in the same surrogacy article as Simon over 10 years ago. Walker and Henry were born in 08, years after NPH and Burtka got together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 3, 2019 3:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 3, 2019 3:26 PM

so the "they're fighting" comment was in reference to Simon and David, just before NPH came into the scene, but after Lane? Does anyone know if Kit was born by the time Simon and David were together, or was that after?

by Anonymousreply 46February 3, 2019 6:39 PM

From what I understand, they broke up before Burtka ended his run in Gypsy which would have been Spring 2004.

by Anonymousreply 47February 3, 2019 6:57 PM

Kit was born in 2005 and NPH posted on IG last year that he and Burtka began dating 14 years ago (April 2004 based on the post). He would have had no involvement with Simon's kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 3, 2019 8:10 PM

R48 I thought that was already established, c’mon, let’s talk about something else. Also is it true Burtka and Neil are in an open relationship?

by Anonymousreply 49February 3, 2019 8:14 PM

R49, This is the Matt Bomer & Simon Halls thread, not the NPH and Burtka thread.

All questions and answers relating to the past few posts could have been easily found using the search function. It's a really good function, especially when using Google.

It's just if we don't use the Search then we loop and have the same conversations every single thread, over and over again, year after year. I also feel like someone else said this exact same comment last thread.

One of the basic things mentioned on every Datalounge thread is to actually use the search. It's the one thing here posters are consistent about despite all the bitchery and fighting.

by Anonymousreply 50February 3, 2019 8:23 PM

R50 yes it really isn't that hard to search for all this info. Even if you're relatively new to the site it doesn't take much to go back to older threads and find out old information. Just some posters being lazy.

Seems Matt is back in Atlanta? Is he still doing some Doom Patrol stuff or maybe filming something else?

by Anonymousreply 51February 3, 2019 8:47 PM

R51, Doom Patrol shoots until March. However, that person who posted the photo didn’t seem like she was necessarily being chronological since her whole Instagram was full of celebs and she updates weekly. It coulda been this weekend of four weekends ago.

by Anonymousreply 52February 3, 2019 11:50 PM

That person has two instagrams. I guess on the one she just posts the photos and on the other she'll comment. Guess he went back down there. At first I was thinking they found a way to make his part larger so we could see him more but he's unshaven and not wearing makeup at all (guess he didn't think he'd be spotted) so he's probably still doing voice overs for more episodes.

by Anonymousreply 53February 4, 2019 2:45 AM

He so handsome

by Anonymousreply 54February 4, 2019 2:55 AM

When is the Doom Patrol trailer coming out?

by Anonymousreply 55February 4, 2019 5:21 PM

The review embargo is up on the 11th, R55.

So probably sometime around then.

It seems like they're being very careful since releasing the Titans trailer early hurt the show a bit since people were trashing it.

by Anonymousreply 56February 4, 2019 7:22 PM

R55 it's usually the case with Marvel and DC projects that they keep a tight lid around spoilers and clips. They really don't like to give much away. No pics or videos from set unless pre-approved by producers/studio

by Anonymousreply 57February 4, 2019 8:02 PM

Matt is a gorgeous homosexual!

by Anonymousreply 58February 4, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote]it's usually the case with Marvel and DC projects that they keep a tight lid around spoilers and clips. They really don't like to give much away.

This wasn't the case at all with their other show Titans. They're actively not making the same mistakes with Doom Patrol (even people here were judging it before they even released more than a teaser trailer) but apparently it is the best of all of the new shows on DC Streaming. It's a show with "heart."

There's also a private group with the entire crew and creators on it. They all seem to think it's going to be something special.

by Anonymousreply 59February 4, 2019 8:30 PM

If Bomer is involved it’s ofcourse going to be something special something good. I hope this doesn’t nix his chance at playing another superhero.

by Anonymousreply 60February 4, 2019 9:12 PM

It probably does r60. There goes my dream of seeing him in a Marvel movie.

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2019 2:54 AM

I wanted to see him as Batman.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2019 7:52 AM

what a hot kool guy...his hubby so lucky,

that ass of matts::wow.

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2019 10:03 AM

In case anyone didn't see: there's a gay instagram guy who does little sketches on his account that Matt follows, and often Matt likes or comments on some of his content. Anyway, this guy is doing a series of videos on what it's like dating each star sign. Simon's a Capricorn (which Matt included in his Happy Birthday IG post to Simon), and this guy did a little sketch called "Dating A Capricorn" and Matt liked it and commented "you nailed it boo!" with a bunch of clapping hand emojis lol. Here's the link in case anyone wanted a glimpse into what it's like being with Mr. Halls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2019 9:24 PM

R64 LOL This is so funny!

by Anonymousreply 65February 5, 2019 10:53 PM

R64 I don't see Matt's comment

by Anonymousreply 66February 6, 2019 7:49 AM

It's there R66, it was just a bunch of claps and praise symbols and you nailed it boo, and Benito responded thank u baby.

by Anonymousreply 67February 6, 2019 7:59 AM

Which of his co stars in that gay play he did do u think fucked his cute butthole?

by Anonymousreply 68February 6, 2019 10:14 AM

Nobody fucked him, Simon will kill him and destroy the other one.

by Anonymousreply 69February 6, 2019 12:56 PM

R68 he had a major affair with Andrew Rannells during BITB, they were flaunting it everywhere

by Anonymousreply 70February 6, 2019 1:04 PM

R70, you've been here trolling for 8 plus years. Aren't you tired of making up shit?

by Anonymousreply 71February 6, 2019 2:28 PM

Don't blame me, everyone saw Rannells slip his arm around Bomer's waist below the belt line in that behind the scenes Instagram story.

by Anonymousreply 72February 6, 2019 2:31 PM

As if two major bottoms hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 73February 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Ohhh, you mean the one where Matt wouldn't even move his arm so he could get his arm around him and then proceeded to stay as far away from him as possible afterwards which we all thought was a get away from me move? In the play where they were all hugging and holding on to each other? With PR done by Matt's husband. In the play he got him in. With interviews he set up for him? He also had his arms around MB Washington and touched Quinto's leg and arm during interviews! Were they fucking too?

[quote]As if two major bottoms hooked up.

I didn't want to say it but ...

by Anonymousreply 74February 6, 2019 2:40 PM

R74, . It's obvious you didn't see it. They were going up the stairs and Bomer was trailing behind Rannells. Right as they were going around the corner, Rannells let Bomer come alongside him and slipped his arm around his waist, but at pocketlevel, and then they disappeared around the corner.

I feel sorry for you, you missed out!

by Anonymousreply 75February 6, 2019 2:43 PM

R75, The entire cast was walking up the stairs at the same time to pee since they all had to share one bathroom between shows.

But you know this since you are bored and trolling and trying to get people riled up because that's what you do and just like with this in two weeks you'll be proclaiming the opposite was happening. You're a really pathetic woman.

by Anonymousreply 76February 6, 2019 3:05 PM

Agree with R76. They were all comfortable with each other as many of them have been friends for years, and have worked together in the past. Matt is touchy-feely with a lot of people, it doesn't mean he's fucking them. He was like that with Tim DeKay, he nestled into James Cordon on his late night show, he fully leaned into Andy Cohen for that TBITB podcast picture for Radio Andy, he let Andy hold him from behind in a prom style photo for WWHL- just to name a few examples. Sorry to wreck your silly fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 77February 6, 2019 3:23 PM

R77, he even said more than once that they were all like that but it was all platonic. While I'm sure they were all friendly, he also stated that they weren't all hanging out before the show and that he mostly hung out with Zachary Quinto and Michael Washington. I thought it was telling that he said his kids knew to see Michael when they arrived because he always has candy.

Simon's response to the prom style photo when Andy posted it was pretty funny.

Simon wrote: "He's already spoken for Cohen!!! Lol love this pic."

and Andy replied, "thanks for sharing"

by Anonymousreply 78February 6, 2019 4:11 PM

You fraus will do anything to convince yourself that the affair never happened.

Sad!

by Anonymousreply 79February 6, 2019 4:17 PM

R79 Speaking of dicks. Would somebody please put a dick in your mouth. It would save us all a lot of time and drivel.

by Anonymousreply 80February 6, 2019 5:13 PM

R80, I don't know if anyone remembers this but once The Duckling Troll at R79 thought in 2012 Simon was sending her letters telling her that he hated her. LOL

She even posted one of the "letters" and said that he was watching her because of some phrase he used.

That's the kind of person that we're dealing with. 😂 😂 😂 She's best ignored. 😂 😂 😂 😂

by Anonymousreply 81February 6, 2019 5:28 PM

Sorry that was another troll!

I am the one that suggested he beats him with a bag of oranges though.

by Anonymousreply 82February 6, 2019 5:33 PM

You guys are bored today, aren’t you?

by Anonymousreply 83February 6, 2019 5:40 PM

I stopped commenting on this board. I might comeback when you fools stop replying to the troll, he's fucking exhausting and a mood killer.

by Anonymousreply 84February 6, 2019 5:40 PM

Anywaaaay. Good Lord some of Matt's fangirls are genuinely desperate and creepy. One of them got her Apple Pencil engraved with "Bomerbabe" and sent a picture of it to Matt.... uh ma'am? you're a grown ass woman? wyd with your life?

by Anonymousreply 85February 6, 2019 11:51 PM

The pencil is nothing, haven't you seen her tattoos? she even has Matt's face somewhere on her body.

by Anonymousreply 86February 7, 2019 1:23 AM

R86 what?! no fucking way- I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 87February 7, 2019 1:55 AM

Some of his fans are really crazy.

by Anonymousreply 88February 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Maybe just let the woman live her life, however she wants it, as long as she's not a danger to herself or others and focus on the men in the topic of the thread?

by Anonymousreply 89February 7, 2019 3:13 AM

Every fandom has over-zealous fans-it's a given with every celebrity fanbase. In Matt's case, a lot of his stans are older women. It's pretty harmless as they aren't too extreme and some are definitely worse than others. It's only noticable because they are a bit older whereas you'd give them a pass if they were teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 90February 7, 2019 4:06 AM

Why do you think that Matt appeals to older women more than say teens or even gay men?

by Anonymousreply 91February 7, 2019 5:40 AM

To me it appeared they were in fuk/ bro love also...bein nelly don't mean u aint a top, I can see whts his name fuking the be jesus out of sweet matt's luscious bubblebutt.

Why do some of u waste time dissin others posts, waste of good energy aint it? kind of a bummer for the rest of us to read ur sad shit.

by Anonymousreply 92February 7, 2019 5:40 AM

R91 Because for most of his career he was marketed to straight audiences. Most of his fans are from his White Collar days. His character was charming and smart good looking guy etc so naturally the women watching it would be mad about him. He was in the glass closet for most of his career and even when he did come out he was never that open about his personal life and his sexuality. It's only really since after The Last Tycoon that he's posted more pics of Simon on his social media and showed more of his true personality. If he'd been out for his entire career and was less PR/inoffensive then his fan base may have been diffwrent

by Anonymousreply 93February 7, 2019 6:16 AM

R91 Because for most of his career he was marketed to straight audiences. Most of his fans are from his White Collar days. His character was charming and smart good looking guy etc so naturally the women watching it would be mad about him. He was in the glass closet for most of his career and even when he did come out he was never that open about his personal life and his sexuality. It's only really since after The Last Tycoon that he's posted more pics of Simon on his social media and showed more of his true personality. If he'd been out for his entire career and was less PR/inoffensive then his fan base may have been diffwrent

by Anonymousreply 94February 7, 2019 6:19 AM

R91:

Older Women? White Collar and Guiding Light (soap fans never forget) did that. Although those women were a bit younger when it was on. His original audience was that group. They've stuck with him. That's the kind of work he was doing.

Teens? He's 41 and doesn't do that kind of content. They'd like someone like Adam Rippon before they'd think of Matt. He's younger, he talks like they talk, he gets them and nearly every thing the man says is funny if you're in the right age group. They'd like Ezra Miller because he's "different." They liked Lady Gaga (a few years ago) for the same reason. Teens are hard to keep because they age out of you after a while.

It seems like when they do know him it's because he worked with Lady Gaga on American Horror Story.

Gay Men? Gay men like Matt Bomer......but they'd rather lust after a "daddy" like Idris Elba or someone younger like Gus Kenworthy or even Troye Sivan / Timothy Chalamet. Ezra Miller has the wild child thing going on. You have to either exude sex or have a dynamic/outrageous personality to get their attention. You could also have a tragic life like Lindsay Lohan or Britney Spears. Madonna, Christina and Cher fall into a couple of those categories.

Matt is a settled, pretty normal guy with three kids. That's his image. He's attractive but doesn't have an edge that he presents. He is too skilled and practiced at saying the right thing. (That's not a bad thing.) He doesn't ever talk of any tragedy that is beyond the norm for any gay man. There have been many mentions of him on threads about men who "have no sex appeal here" because he's too pretty/perfect or too boring for many gay men.

by Anonymousreply 95February 7, 2019 6:19 AM

[quote]It's only really since after The Last Tycoon that he's posted more pics of Simon on his social media and showed more of his true personality. If he'd been out for his entire career and was less PR/inoffensive then his fan base may have been diffwrent

That's another thing. When he tries to be "wild" in interviews it always seems forced or as if he's uncomfortable. He's definitely not the kind of person who is going to be posting shirtless pics to his social media. (Even when he does instagram stories he keeps it from the chest up and that has only happened two or three times and there's always a reason for it.) He just may be a decent, kind, private person.

I still can't help but think his upbringing may have something to do with that but I also think that's why some of us like him.

by Anonymousreply 96February 7, 2019 6:36 AM

Sigh. Duckling is Duckling. He is innocuous. That’s why he appeals to these older crazy women who fetishize a non threatening gay man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97February 7, 2019 9:50 AM

He just storied his waxed legs from the Georgia set.

Why does he need to be on set so much for this stupid show?

by Anonymousreply 98February 8, 2019 2:11 AM

Why does it bother you so much?

by Anonymousreply 99February 8, 2019 2:35 AM

Awww. It looks like they're near a loading dock outside and he doesn't know what day it is. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 8, 2019 3:53 AM

R100 At least he went back and edited the days!

R98 a job is a job. Not every role is going to be a passion project or one with depth. He's probably getting decent money for it so why not? Even A-list stars do mediocre projects from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 101February 8, 2019 4:17 AM

As a head's up we should be getting the trailer for the show in the next few days.

The reviewers were told to keep their mouths shut until the 11th. And the show starts airing on the 15th.

The only thing we know so far is that the reviewers liked it better than Titans and that there's nudity in the first episode. (But if it's like Titans it won't be too in your face because the fan boys don't want ass all the time if it's attached to a man!)

R101, just mute R98. It's the troll. Everyone should probably stop responding to the troll.

by Anonymousreply 102February 8, 2019 4:25 AM

He is still filming Doom Patrol. Maybe because everyone was complaining about Matt playing a guy with BANDAGES on his face, he got more scenes as Larry Trainor?

by Anonymousreply 103February 8, 2019 5:48 AM

They're near the end of filming the season. They released the first episode descriptions already and they're fighting a character who has their own universe (who can control whatever is in it) so maybe that person took away Larry's powers in this episode? I can't imagine why his character would be outside (probably wearing nude underwear since they're shooting out doors) otherwise.

And you just know he pulled open that robe to show his chest in that pic. ;) The hashtag he put on the second one #SteelMagnolia was cute.

by Anonymousreply 104February 8, 2019 6:00 AM

Cute. The man is cute. Why is he sans clothes tho? I won’t be surprised if they make him do a nude scene. Like when the Larry turns into negative man. Every wants to see that booty

by Anonymousreply 105February 8, 2019 6:09 AM

I've just finishe ACS: Versace and I was really surprised they put up the first episode for Emmy dirceting award - Matt's was the most coherent and creative one. I felt like the story was flowing so smoothly even though there were so many changes if time, place ir character whilst 'The man who...' directed by Murphy felt so laboured and was inconsistent. I am a bit disappointed now he is doing DC thing instead of directing.

by Anonymousreply 106February 8, 2019 11:49 PM

Damn sorry for typos.

by Anonymousreply 107February 8, 2019 11:51 PM

Matt's episode delved into Cunanans childhood to offer some explanation about why he is that way so it inherently was more interesting based on that.

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2019 12:04 AM

He did a fantastic job directing the episode. There wasn't a lot of heavy lifting but you can tell he did great work with the actors.

Problem is that these award shows are voted on by peers in that category. So while if he keeps directing he'll probably win something one day but they're unlikely to give it to someone on their first time out.

It's also obvious what he wants to do is act and not direct.

[quote]I am a bit disappointed now he is doing DC thing instead of directing.

I don't know why everyone is so down on the show before they've even seen a single episode or read an actual review. It's obvious he'll be making appearances in it occasionally beyond his voice.

Having a show like this means he'll have a steady presence on TV and a steady paycheck. It will give him a few months free during the summer to work on other things or even take a break since he worked non stop all last year.

Also, because it's a voice over job during the year with a few appearances with permission they'll let him work on other short projects.

What he really should be doing is putting that charm and face of his to good use and producing his own projects with people he knows. So what if HBO isn't doing Monty? He could take it somewhere else if he wanted and pull together the financing himself with people he and Simon both know.

Most actors these days, Reese Witherspoon comes to mind, do this sort of thing all the time and they cast themselves in it. If there's no space for you, you make it. He just has to be willing to take the time to do it.

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2019 1:19 AM

R109 as well as that, we don't even know what kind of directing work he turned down either. It was most likely just an episode of a Ryan Murphy show. He'll get other opportunities to direct no doubt. Not like he turned down a chance to direct a major studio film.

By doing Doom Patrol/episodes of Will & Grace, it gives him the chance to get back on to TV which will at least open a few more doors to other acting work.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2019 2:19 AM

Ryan Murphy was always going to win the award for best director. It's his show. Matt humbly stepped aside . Matt directed his episode beautifully. The way he suggested sexual abuse was done with so much class and dignity. He also made Jon Jon Briones act the fuck out of his scenes, especially the scenes in Philippines, Jon went on to work on other Murphy shows and I'm sure Matt pushing him as an actor had something to do with it. He is a very good director.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2019 3:03 AM

I'm a big, big fan of Matt and watch all his work, but the Doom Patrol thing sucks.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2019 3:05 AM

[quote]Ryan Murphy was always going to win the award for best director. It's his show. Matt humbly stepped aside .

It's a bit more nefarious than that. He would have had to of had the support of the network, the show's team & Ryan Murphy to be nominated. He would have had to of had industry support from other directors to win over everyone else nominated.

I 100% believe if they had of backed him and he got nominated he would have also won. His episode was one of the highlights of the series. I was blown away.

[quote]It was most likely just an episode of a Ryan Murphy show.

I think we guessed it was American Horror Story based on his timing: in which case, no one would blame him for bowing out.

BTW: I'm more than sure the cast probably recorded or will do some interviews for Doom Patrol at some point and maybe we'll get a clue as to what he's doing next before the show starts shooting again in August.

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2019 3:38 AM

Duckling did not go to the cast panel at TCA, because he is shooting scenes? It sounds like he will have a significant onscreen presence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2019 10:39 PM

It makes me sad that Matt couldn't at the TCAs for this since he's filming according to articles on it.

My guess would be, since his character has a "negative spirit" that emerges from his body (which looks like him but is dark and attacks people) ...

he was outside in a bathrobe with that green bag next to him ...

and since everyone else in the cast was free to go (so they can't be doing scenes with him)

they probably have him doing CGI for the last few episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2019 3:33 AM

Matt you hot fukker, do u know we all want to suck on ur lips and on ur …..asslips????

by Anonymousreply 116February 11, 2019 3:46 AM

Why is peddling fake jussie Smollett attack? doesn't he know that was fake? Will he retract his tweets now?

by Anonymousreply 117February 11, 2019 9:07 AM

Except for a few old women fans, MB is fading from view. He was hot a few years ago with lots of projects and potential and high profile media, but not now.

by Anonymousreply 118February 11, 2019 12:39 PM

The Doom Patrol critic embargo lifted and people seem to almost universally love it.

by Anonymousreply 119February 11, 2019 4:19 PM

This is great R119! I hope his children will enjoy the show.

by Anonymousreply 120February 11, 2019 9:46 PM

Matt is getting very good reviews.

by Anonymousreply 121February 12, 2019 2:21 AM

link?

by Anonymousreply 122February 12, 2019 4:18 AM

His character in Doom Patrol also seems like he might be a gay man who was iving a double life as a married man with children.

by Anonymousreply 123February 12, 2019 4:30 AM

R120, there’s a full on R-Rated sex scene in the first few minutes where you see Brendan Frasiure’s naked butt while having sex.

There’s also lots of F-Bombs. So it’s definitely not for young kids.

by Anonymousreply 124February 12, 2019 4:55 AM

I'd rather see Bomer in a sex scene than Frasier!

by Anonymousreply 125February 12, 2019 3:35 PM

Oops Fraser not Frasier. Does he look good in it?

by Anonymousreply 126February 12, 2019 3:48 PM

I'm sure you'll find the answer in the Fraser thread.

by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2019 12:14 AM

R126 He looks like you'd think he looks.

Matt does get a make out scene with another guy.

It kind of makes me think he is just bucking Hollywood trends and only playing gay characters now. Another gay actor was saying that usually you go back and forth to avoid being typecast.

From Boys in the Band, to Papi Chulo, Will & Grace and now Doom Patrol he is doing them back to back to back.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2019 2:39 AM

They made his superhero gay? You’ve got to be shitting me.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2019 2:43 AM

R129, Nope. They made his character a married man with kids who has a male lover on the side and he's ashamed of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2019 3:43 AM

Wow, all that’s left is for Duckling to show up on Sesame Street as the new gay Muppet.

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2019 4:42 AM

R128 Have you seen episodes in advance? How do you know what happens?

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2019 2:12 PM

Oh, duckling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 14, 2019 4:22 PM

Valentine's Day Doom Patrol Inspired post on his IG story. Nothing for Simon?

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2019 4:56 PM

Matt Bomer and Matthew Zuk as Larry Trainor / Negative Man: A member of the Doom Patrol and former pilot, who crashed into negative energy and is now wrapped in bandages from head to toe. Bomer voices the character and appears as Trainor in flashbacks, while Zuk physically portrays Negative Man.[7]

So Matt is not playing the negative man. So he has a minor role. Then why he is taking so much to shoot. He is only in minor flashbacks

by Anonymousreply 135February 14, 2019 5:24 PM

The flashbacks might be a bit more than minor.

by Anonymousreply 136February 14, 2019 5:28 PM

The extended trailer looks awesome.

by Anonymousreply 137February 14, 2019 5:47 PM

[quote]So Matt is not playing the negative man. So he has a minor role. Then why he is taking so much to shoot. He is only in minor flashbacks

The production was from August and is going until March.

He was around about 3 of those months? (And he was probably shooting while the cast was at the TCAs because he was doing Will & Grace earlier in their production cycle while the rest was working on the show.)

Larry's story is going to be stretched out the entire season so his role isn't just minor.

And they are all back to work again in August since the show as already renewed for Season 2.

[quote]Valentine's Day Doom Patrol Inspired post on his IG story. Nothing for Simon?

He just posted something.

And before anyone says the pic is impersonal, he doesn't really post those kinds of pics. Either a professional photographer took or Simon does. It's kinda funny.

by Anonymousreply 138February 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Here is the link for Valentine post

Simon looks old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 14, 2019 6:15 PM

Simon IS old.

by Anonymousreply 140February 14, 2019 6:29 PM

So hot! Thank you Matt for giving us gays hot gay make out scenes. We love you for that

by Anonymousreply 141February 14, 2019 8:06 PM

Agreed R141. Rarely get to see Matt getting it on with other guys so this is a plus.

by Anonymousreply 142February 14, 2019 10:01 PM

He's talked about this project more than once so I'd say he enjoyed working on it.

by Anonymousreply 143February 14, 2019 10:20 PM

Matt's role is bigger than we think.

by Anonymousreply 144February 14, 2019 10:20 PM

As someone else said R144, they'll each get their own spotlight episodes so he'll be in the entirety of those ones.

There are 13 episodes this season and the first two were released to the press as they are a two parter.

by Anonymousreply 145February 14, 2019 11:01 PM

Hmm, that trailer actually makes it look like Doom Patrol might be kind of fun. At least Matt didn’t have to walk around in all those bandages.

by Anonymousreply 146February 15, 2019 3:40 PM

The show was really good.

You saw his character with his wife and then you saw him do that weird actor top of the lip/bottom of the lip kiss to another guy who is his character's boyfriend from the 50s.

Matt was only in it physically a couple of minutes but from the trailer it's obvious there will be more of him next episode before the accident.

Honestly, if they didn't tell us that it wasn't Matt in the bandages you wouldn't have known. It blended together well.

He and the actor who plays the bandaged Negative Man spent time together so he could learn how Matt moves and replicate it. He did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 147February 15, 2019 5:40 PM

The kiss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 17, 2019 12:59 AM

Seems like the other actor playing the boyfriend is going to be in at least 3 more episodes season.

He's straight and is getting married soon but at least they have one actual gay actor in the scene.

He also insta'd a picture of two chairs sitting outside at night from the set so it looks like he's the other chair next to Matt's in the picture from R100.

Which means that at the least Matt will be in a few more episodes this season.

by Anonymousreply 149February 17, 2019 1:09 AM

R144 actually, Matt's hole is bigger than we think.

by Anonymousreply 150February 17, 2019 1:16 AM

Is it a coincidence that his character is also gay?

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2019 5:15 PM

I think Matt may have given up on playing straight after TLT.

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2019 5:22 PM

R152 was his character straight in that Susan Sarandon film?

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote] was his character straight in that Susan Sarandon film?

For the record: Viper Club was shot at the end of 2017 before he did Papi Chulo in 2018.

So while he may play straight again one day, he hasn't in quite a while.

He could just be doing things he thinks are interesting.

It's a bold move. Most other gay actors at his level wouldn't do that for fear of being type cast. He probably just doesn't care at this point.

[quote]Is it a coincidence that his character is also gay?

The character wasn't gay in the comic books and liked the woman on the show, Rita the actress. They did that just for this show.

by Anonymousreply 154February 17, 2019 7:16 PM

Totally unnecessary to make Larry Trainor a closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 155February 17, 2019 8:05 PM

How will it affect him now that he is Negative Man? Seems irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 156February 17, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]How will it affect him now that he is Negative Man? Seems irrelevant.

The show is definitely about the characters pasts and presents. They were all supposed to be terrible to deeply flawed people before their accidents. Their powers are those flaws made real. The point of the series is for them to grow and learn to deal with their issues.

The vain highly respected actress (who had a beloved person fired for being disfigured) becomes disfigured if she doesn't concentrate and people think she became a porn actress so the respected part is gone.

The arrogant race car driver who cheated on his wife, indulged in drugs and ignored his children is now a giant robot who can't feel anything, anymore.

From the preview Cyborg looked like he may have been an a-hole to his mom which resulted in his accident.

And while being gay isn't bad, the fact that the "sex machine" handsome, hot shot pilot, Larry (in this universe) had a wife and family he lied to, and a boyfriend who he wouldn't completely commit to because he was scared: is now ugly and can't be with anyone. I have a feeling we're going to find out that he screwed them both over at some point because [bold]none[/bold] of these characters were supposed to have been good people and just saying it was the time period (which the audience can understand) can't be enough.

We still don't know anything about Jane but if it's the same as the comic, people did things to her and that's why she is the way she is. They may change that to fit with their theme.

In a way it makes sense that Matt is playing the role. People were complaining how horrible it is that the character is bandaged head to toe because he's so attractive. That's the point of Larry's character. He was very, very handsome and now no one would say that.

[quote]Totally unnecessary to make Larry Trainor a closeted gay.

This is a Greg Berlanti production and he has been taking straight characters and making them gay for quite a while now.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2019 10:13 PM

So the characters are being punished for their past behavior and are trying to redeem themselves? But their conditions are permanent, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 158February 18, 2019 12:44 AM

I think Bomer probably wanted the gay storyline because he’s the only current gay actor who can get away with it. He has some balls. I hope this won’t limit his future work. Other gay actors especially closeted, take note.

by Anonymousreply 159February 18, 2019 1:09 AM

[quote]So the characters are being punished for their past behavior and are trying to redeem themselves? But their conditions are permanent, aren’t they?

That's the question the series sets out to explain. The showrunner had this to say:

[quote][bold]Is there an element of karma to their origin stories? I hesitate to say that about Cliff because his family didn’t do anything wrong.[/bold]

[quote]I think that’s a great question in that I think that’s a question that they struggle with. They’ve been asking themselves while mired in isolation for all these decades, what did I do to deserve this, right?

[quote][bold]Larry had a secret but we know now it’s not a bad secret. It was a bad sign of the times that he had to keep it.[/bold]

[quote]That’s exactly right. I think for Larry, a guy who was very much control-centric, he always wanted to be in control, keeping his different lives in control. I think what’s important about the Larry character, as you described it, it’s taken Larry a very long time to forgive himself for feeling different and realizing that what he had not done in all the years since his accident is put his prior life in context of the times. That it wasn’t bad to be what he was and it was bad what the times made him feel like it was.

It's also sad Matt missed the TCAs because it would be nice to hear him interviewed about the show. I'd bet someone will interview him when his character gets another spotlight episode.

The showrunner also said that yes there will be lots of flashbacks so Matt will get to be himself quite a bit this season and the next since it was already renewed.

[quote][bold]Will flashbacks always be part of Doom Patrol?[/bold]

[quote]Yes. Part of the fun of introducing these backstories of these team members from their various eras is even in their backstory, there were lots of elements that are yet to be revealed and learned. So there’s a whole rich world in these backstories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 18, 2019 1:26 AM

I read somewhere that Larry Trainor was written as gay for the show before Matt was cast?

by Anonymousreply 161February 18, 2019 2:57 AM

R161, Originally someone else voiced/played the role on a different show in March on the back door pilot but before it went to air they decided not to cast him for the series so they already had someone else in mind. (Probably Matt.)

They finalized the script in July. They sent out the casting sides for Larry's family in August after they started shooting. They had Matt and Brendan working already in September/August to redub lines from the backdoor pilot Titans show on the same network before it aired.

However, Matt was the last one announced at the start of October but we knew he had been cast before that because of an accidental leak showing his photo in the background of a production office someone was in a producer tweeted.

So it's possible he had something to do with it (since he is second billed) but it's more likely the producers and he thought it was a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 162February 18, 2019 5:05 AM

Looks like he's on route to Dublin. Doubt Simon is with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 18, 2019 5:30 AM

I can't believe he would go to work WITHOUT HIS HUSBAND! How BLOODY DARE HE!

by Anonymousreply 164February 18, 2019 7:05 AM

Exactly. ffs. Some people are ridiculous sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 165February 18, 2019 7:07 AM

ROFL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 18, 2019 7:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 18, 2019 7:45 AM

Simon has travelled with Matt in the past when he's gone abroad-it's a fair observation to make, not like it was saying "oh for shame".

Rannells is thirsty as fuck for Matt. John Butler also posted a pic of him and Matt on his IG story on Valentine's Day lol it was a "one year ago today post" but I've zero doubt that Butler is as thirsty for Matt as Rannells is

by Anonymousreply 168February 18, 2019 8:39 AM

Yes, he's traveled with him. Most of the time he doesn't but he always does when he has *work of his own* to do. Simon actually has a job he gets paid for. He just can't take off every time Matt needs to take an 11 hour flight somewhere to spend a couple of days and see a movie that he has already seen multiple times. That's just a fair observation.

What Rannells posted was relevant.

And what John Butler posted would have probably also been relevant since they were probably in pre-production for the movie.

I'm sure most of the planet that knows who he is, is thirsty for Matt.

by Anonymousreply 169February 18, 2019 9:06 AM

Mr Peabody is busy as it is Oscars week.

Rannells is still so proud he bedded Bomer!

by Anonymousreply 170February 18, 2019 11:45 AM

Or m a y b e 1. he and Andrew are friends, 2. Matt was in Magic Mike, 3. (hopefully your brain is able to comprehend this one R170) Andrew saw Magic Mike Live, a play based on a movie his friend was in, and 4. posted a friendly IG pic with a casual mention to his FRIEND, and a funny IG story that Matt probably laughed at. Believe it or not gay men can be friends, but what's more is I can guarantee no "bedding" went on between two total bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 171February 18, 2019 2:01 PM

They exchanged sperms.

by Anonymousreply 172February 18, 2019 3:18 PM

R171 How do you know they are bottoms,

by Anonymousreply 173February 18, 2019 5:14 PM

The conversation in this thread loops over and over again because people won't ignore the troll & keep bringing up stuff to set it off.

I'll be back when people learn to do that. This is why this thread is dead.

by Anonymousreply 174February 18, 2019 5:42 PM

r173 are you joking? Andrew called himself a "better receiver than a pitcher" on some late show he was on ( I mean as if we didn't already know) and Matt.... I mean?? Does that even need proof?

by Anonymousreply 175February 18, 2019 6:11 PM

R175 how anyone thinks Matt isn't primarily a bottom is beyond me. Probably just his stans who built up the weirdest fantasy/sanitization of the man.

by Anonymousreply 176February 18, 2019 6:21 PM

Lol R176 exactly. He even favorited something on Insta a while back about "bottoming spontaneously", so there's no denying that.

by Anonymousreply 177February 18, 2019 6:23 PM

Is Butler gay? ... I imagine Matt flirting with the guy he met at the airport and now they are tweeting each other aawwww

by Anonymousreply 178February 18, 2019 8:06 PM

Andrew Rannells sleeps /fucked with Quinto's boyfriend miles. Not with Matt!!!

by Anonymousreply 179February 18, 2019 8:07 PM

R178 how did you not know Butler is gay? Also, how did you make flirting out of such an innocuous tweet? Lol the guy probably just saw him at the airport and tweeted him.

Although, Matt seems like an insane flirt. Wonder why Simon puts up with it. The guy barely even acknowledges his husband's existence most of the time

by Anonymousreply 180February 18, 2019 8:27 PM

I don't think he seems like an "insane flirt" as much as he just seems nice to everyone. I've only ever heard him "flirt" with olddddd men (because he likes older men) and any woman who thinks he is cute (because he's not really interested.) Otherwise he comes off as charming rather than flirtatious. He'll respond kindly to you (because it's his job) but he's not actively initiating anything.

Although, I agree with you R180. The guy saw him, probably spoke to him and said good luck on his flight. The end.

Simon has said in an interview years ago discussed here that he doesn't want people to talk about him because of his job. He doesn't think a publicist should become the subject of conversation. They had to drag him on camera when Matt won the Golden Globe. He just doesn't seem comfortable with being noticed. (Up until this past summer when he lightened up a bit.)

R177, waxed crossed legs, dangling a slipper off his toe, liking posts about places he goes for colonics and anything bottoming related, the fact that he has a routine for working out his ass, the idea there's no way any one can picture him mounting Simon. He is a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 181February 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Imagine being Simon...

by Anonymousreply 182February 18, 2019 10:58 PM

R180 no, he ain't that famous.

by Anonymousreply 183February 18, 2019 11:00 PM

When did he liked something "bottoming spontaneously" and "places he goes for colonics " on Instagram? Which posts?

by Anonymousreply 184February 19, 2019 3:14 AM

R184 a while back now. If you follow any of those gay meme accounts like Best of Grindr or Drinks for Gays then you'll notice he likes posts similar to that

by Anonymousreply 185February 19, 2019 5:08 AM

Colonics = Douching?

by Anonymousreply 186February 19, 2019 5:15 AM

R186 pretty much-although also used for clearing out your stomach for maintaining a slim figure.

by Anonymousreply 187February 19, 2019 5:36 AM

R184, what R185 said.

Instagram will show you when someone likes something on the likes tab, but only for a little while to protect the users since you can't search for that and they won't let you see everything someone likes. You can't even search for comments which is good. You either see it when it's there, you follow the other account and see it or you don't at all. (Remember when Armie Hammer got caught on Twitter, where you can clearly view someone's likes, liking posts on S&M gear, women's butts and rope play?)

He likes anal humor and anything anal health related including essays on anal health. Otherwise definitely nothing scandalous other than an occasional older hairy chested male art print from the 70s or 80s. Tons of stuff on the AIDS crisis including essays. He is also, as we know, very into anything to eat/drink that healthy. Pretty normal basic stuff. It paints him as a normal, decent, healthy guy.

by Anonymousreply 188February 19, 2019 6:28 AM

Is Matt anorexic? he seems obsessed with looking like a twink.

by Anonymousreply 189February 19, 2019 6:36 AM

The camera adds 10 pounds. 20 if you’re gay.

by Anonymousreply 190February 19, 2019 7:26 AM

Duckling has been neurotic about keeping his weight down this side of starving for a while. I think the Transbomer film fucked him up a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 191February 19, 2019 9:53 AM

Like anyone who's regulary on screen or photographed, I'm sure he's very conscious of his weight. I doubt anyone in Hollywood has a healthy body image or relationship with food. He said before he was prepared to to risk his health for the Normal Heart. That's his mentality so wouldn't be surprised if he's body issues

by Anonymousreply 192February 19, 2019 12:44 PM

Wouldn’t it be fun to find out your seat mate was Matt Bomer? I'd never be that lucky.

by Anonymousreply 193February 19, 2019 2:07 PM

R193 that actually sounds like a nightmare lol. Regardless of whether or not Bomer makes you hot, there's no denying he's conventionally attractive. I could be 100% secure with myself, and still never want to be that close to someone so pretty. Imagine falling asleep in front of Matt fucking Bomer on an international flight, one would get PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 194February 19, 2019 2:57 PM

Total nightmare, R194. However, he has always seemed very humble about his looks when asked about them. So he'd probably want you to act like you'd act with anyone else.

From the Vanity Fair Interview a few years ago:

[quote][bold]Do you find that your looks have limited you in a way? Have you had to overcome that because you are just gorgeous, and no one’s going to argue with that?[/bold]Well, it’s very hard for me to weigh in on it completely objectively because I don’t think of myself in that light. I don’t say that just to be faux humble. I really don’t. Maybe because I was raised in a very conservative Christian household, where you were never really allowed to be sort of egotistical in that way. I don’t really perceive myself that way, so it has definitely been frustrating when I’ve gotten that feedback, or it’s limited an opportunity, or whatever I’m hearing through the grapevine.

That also agrees with an interview he gave on a podcast years before where he told the interviewer that he actually didn't think of himself as attractive. I also noticed that he's more likely to notice your tweet if you talk about his acting rather than his looks.

I'm sure he knows he's attractive and takes care of himself but he's not programmed to make a big deal out of it.

He also doesn't seem very looks focused when it comes to the people he associates with at all. He seems like a swell guy.

by Anonymousreply 195February 19, 2019 5:16 PM

LOL! Duckling is obsessed with his looks, you're nuts if you haven't put that together.

by Anonymousreply 196February 19, 2019 5:45 PM

Nope. I think you can be obsessed with your looks personally while not necessarily making it a point of every conversation and interaction you have.

I think if most people looked like him they would be giant a-holes who only hang out with pretty boys with abs. His entire public persona would be different. His entire instagram would be different.

He decidedly plays them down even if he doing is best to hold onto them which speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 197February 19, 2019 6:10 PM

R197 I agree, and that makes him even more attractive. I think that he is obsessed with his looks on a personal level, like you said, that's why he takes so much care of himself with green juices, facials, face treatments, etc. But he is incredibly humble and down to earth. Take for example Armie Hammer who's always been a bit of a douche and quite arrogant, he knows he's fucking handsome and plays the part, Matt does not.

by Anonymousreply 198February 19, 2019 8:55 PM

He definitely wants to feel and look good about himself, but he's not ~into~ himself the way someone as attractive as him could be. He doesn't post half naked photos or thirst traps, like a lot of people do. In fact, he rarely ever post solo selfies, and when he does they're usually to serve some sort of purpose- like encouraging people to vote, or supporting #WorldAIDSDay. Plus, I think Simon is handsome don't get me wrong, but if he was more into appearances than personalities we know he'd be with someone else.

by Anonymousreply 199February 19, 2019 10:51 PM

I also think it's great that he has no problem associating with people who are old or young, fat or thin, industry or outside of the industry, man or woman, gay or straight, and he doesn't care at all about racial background. He'll talk about his best friend growing up who he is still friends with who is black, hang out with Alexander Patino outside of working on the movie, talk about how much he loves Rosario Dawson, Donald Glover or rap music. He'll have a conversation with any fan no matter what you look like. (I know some of us girls were shocked he was even bothering to.) It doesn't matter if you can do something for his career.

He didn't grow up in that kind of environment but he was open enough to break out of that bubble. A lot of other actors can't say that and definitely don't live it.

It really seems like his parents really did raise him right in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 200February 20, 2019 12:03 AM

I still want to sit next to him on a nice long flight. It’s about me looking at him - not him looking at me. Anyway, he would probably be pleasant and exchange a few words. It would be better than catching a quick glimpse of him at a public event.

by Anonymousreply 201February 20, 2019 12:05 AM

[quote] In fact, he rarely ever post solo selfies, and when he does they're usually to serve some sort of purpose- like encouraging people to vote, or supporting #WorldAIDSDay.

I also noticed that when he posts solo selfies he definitely doesn't go and put on something special to present an image unless he's physically going to an awards show. Beard, baseball cap, old camo shorts or pants, sweater that he comments is dirty later on, old band shirt, even when he's out in public. It definitely says a lot about him and what it says, is that he's down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 202February 20, 2019 12:10 AM

Oh, you fraus. Duckling isn’t down to earth; he’s merely boring.

by Anonymousreply 203February 20, 2019 12:25 AM

R201 I agree. He said in a interview (can't remember which one) that he was very intimidated by multiculturalism when he first arrived in NYC. I find it wonderful that he treats people from different background/races/socioeconomics the same. His parents did a good job.

by Anonymousreply 204February 20, 2019 2:06 AM

That was for R200 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 205February 20, 2019 2:09 AM

All things considered (meaning how hot and fit he is), he actually seems to be insecure at times. Not sure if it's humility and shyness that comes off that way, or just genuine insecurity, but it's probably a mix of both? I imagine he feels a lot of pressure to live up to the HOTNESS hype people have created for him. Celebs and fans that meet him always comment on how perfect he is, for example Rory o'malley saying "Matt Bomer made him gay" or Zach Woods on Stephen Colbert saying Matt was "like a different species" with "eyes like glaciers". With such high expectations I'm sure he worries about shit like wrinkles, gray hairs, and aging overall. It's no wonder he's so into facials, and skincare, and health. I often wonder if someone as devoted to organic/all natural crap would go and get botox fillers or any other kind of injections in his face in order to "keep up".

by Anonymousreply 206February 20, 2019 2:33 AM

R206 I'd say he's gotten botox or fillers at least a few times. While the man obviously looks after himself and appears to super healthy, there's only so much non-surgical procedure and organic facials can do after a certain age. He probably has botox or gets fillers once or twice a year and then invests heavily in all the non-invasive treatments for the rest of the time. Pretty standard for someone on who's onscreen a lot.

by Anonymousreply 207February 20, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote] I often wonder if someone as devoted to organic/all natural crap would go and get botox fillers or any other kind of injections in his face in order to "keep up".

He's shared some of that either by liking the places he goes, treatments he does or even letting them use him for testimonials.

[bold]Based upon that,[/bold] it doesn't seem like he gets actual botox "injections." Instead it seems like they do something similar to the top of his skin which looks more natural and is supposed to be more natural? It's like botox but not the same. He still does have wrinkles on his forehead if you get up close. He has literally named the treatments he gets. (Probably because he'll get a discount or get something for free lol.)

As someone mentioned a few threads ago he did have a kind of mole on the side of his jaw that's completely gone now so he's done microderm. It faded over time.

I still don't think he has ever gotten fillers. We've never "not" seen him photographed for more than a month or so. His face generally always does look the same.

The only time it ever seems to change is if he gains or loses weight.

by Anonymousreply 208February 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Why are people so reluctant to believe he's had some non-organic work done? It's not being judgemental or mean, it's a fair observation. He obviously doesn't do it regulary, preferring to stick with natural treatments, but he's definitely gotten some work done over the years. It would be like saying he doesn't dye his hair lol

by Anonymousreply 209February 20, 2019 3:16 AM

R209, why are you so reluctant to believe that maybe he hasn't had as much work as some other people have his age? Hummmm?

I don't think anyone is saying he hasn't "done" something. I think people are saying it's probably not as much as you seem to think.

It's very easy to start looking like Mark McGrath, Rupert Everett or John Travolta if you do it too much and if he was doing a lot then he'd probably look way less natural than he does. (As long as he backs off the makeup he does.)

In short: people his age, who have more money than him, who have done bigger films than him, who have access to the same (if not better) people than him STILL don't look as good as he does and you know they would pay to.

So yes, some of that has to be that he's naturally attractive and while he may get things done here and there, his beauty is not primarily based on that.

Hell, Eric McCormick has more money than him and you don't think if he could get stuff done and look as good as he does he wouldn't?

by Anonymousreply 210February 20, 2019 3:41 AM

R210 meh, it's just an observation at the end of the day. He's a naturally good looking guy who ensures that he maintains his looks-no big deal. No judgement about any treatment that he gets to keep the skin looking young.

by Anonymousreply 211February 20, 2019 4:07 AM

Doubt he’s do so anything invasive that’ll effect his facial muscles and ability to emote. He’s an actor. A darn good one at that. Botox is a nono

by Anonymousreply 212February 20, 2019 5:32 AM

R212 actors get botox too you know.

by Anonymousreply 213February 20, 2019 5:59 AM

LOL! Duckling gets name checked on The Other Two

He is included on a gay kid’s shit list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214February 20, 2019 3:26 PM

They do R213 and many regret it. Nicole Kidman, Renée Zellweger and Cameron Diaz have all admitted that they've done it and then decided to stop doing it. Remember people complaning that Nicole couldn't move her face or Renee looked like a different person entirely?

Gwyneth Paltrow says she doesn't but she sticks to natural products and laser treatments. They all get laser treatments.

No one wants to come out looking like Courtney did before she admitted a couple of years ago that she finally stopped doing all of it and had her fillers dissolved and stopped with the botox.

It can make you look younger or it can completely alter your face so that you look unrecognizable. That's the risk you take and some avoid it.

I do know that he goes to the same person as Angela Bassett. The doctor that made that procedure where they inject your own blood plasma back into your face but she only promotes him as someone that uses her product line. Who knows really? He looks great in Dublin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215February 20, 2019 3:27 PM

You can tell immediately if someone is using botox, they get this really weird expression. Matt doesn't have that.

by Anonymousreply 216February 20, 2019 4:24 PM

Oh honey

Duckling's face has seen more needles than a San Francisco BART station.

by Anonymousreply 217February 20, 2019 4:29 PM

He looks great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 20, 2019 4:34 PM

Not a fan of his outfits lately. He's usually either dressed too safe with his boring black and white suits, or he's wearing something that doesn't go well/ isn't flattering.

by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2019 4:49 PM

The coat is boring but he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 220February 20, 2019 4:55 PM

I mean, to be fair, he always looks good, but his outfit is not the best. Not a fan of the green on green, but especially can't stand the length of the coat. Not flattering especially when he has such a nice body underneath.

by Anonymousreply 221February 20, 2019 4:59 PM

Yeah, I can tell he wants to be "different" and his stylist is known for that. I don't mind the green on green but the coat length is the thing that bothers me too R221. Although when he dresses in his own clothes he can be a little bit quirky with his Hawaiian shirts so maybe he likes the slight wackiness of what he's wearing?

It also looks like he's back to his normal weight which is my favorite Matt look.

He has already changed clothes into something more classic and he looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222February 20, 2019 5:54 PM

Who is his stylist? S/he is usually on point.

by Anonymousreply 223February 20, 2019 6:12 PM

R222 By normal weight do you mean that he recently lost or gained some spare pounds?

by Anonymousreply 224February 20, 2019 6:29 PM

R223, Jeanne Yang. She does Jamie Dornan & Alexander Skarsgard too.

She has dressed him for the past few events he has been to and there are many pictures on her instagram. She dressed him for London, Gold Meets Golden, that the Favourite party and it seems like she did him (and Simon) for the Golden Globes.

R224, He looked very different when he was doing Broadway last summer. He still looked handsome, of course, but very thin and his features were sharp because he "didn't eat" as the cast put it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 20, 2019 6:43 PM

r225 Thanks

by Anonymousreply 226February 20, 2019 7:13 PM

Just saw Papi Chulo at the Dublin Film Fest. Very good film. Matt looked very well. Some of his super fans were there and were a tad on the mortifying side........really weird. Sat at the front row and asked two stupid questions at the Q&A.

by Anonymousreply 227February 20, 2019 8:24 PM

R227 please do tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 228February 20, 2019 8:25 PM

Just saw Papi Chulo at the Dublin Film Fest. Very good film. Matt looked very well. Some of his super fans were there and were a tad on the mortifying side........really weird. Sat at the front row and asked two stupid questions at the Q&A.

by Anonymousreply 229February 20, 2019 8:28 PM

R228 just typical annoying fan stuff. The film was a bit late starting and there was a few words by sponsors so it meant that the time for Q&A was cut short and was only two questions from the audience. Both came from the fans who sat right at the front. One asked "what was the most fun thing about the role?" And the other was "what has been your favourite character to play? I'm a big fan". Few people behind us groaned at the second question as it had nothing to do with the film. They swarmed him the second the Q&A finished

by Anonymousreply 230February 20, 2019 9:04 PM

those are pretty legit questions.

by Anonymousreply 231February 20, 2019 9:27 PM

R232 the second question was stupid. People groaned. It was the Q&A about the film, not Matt Bomer's career.

by Anonymousreply 232February 20, 2019 9:38 PM

"Hi I love you, I'm the one that flew 1000 miles to see the boys in the band, and waited at the stage door to hand deliver a photo album I made of you, your husband, and your kids! Haha anyways, what's been your favorite character to play?"

by Anonymousreply 233February 20, 2019 10:03 PM

Oh wow lol

by Anonymousreply 234February 20, 2019 10:24 PM

So this fan has been travelling the world over for Bomer, I wonder how much $ they spend on him.

by Anonymousreply 235February 20, 2019 10:25 PM

R233 and what was the answer?

by Anonymousreply 236February 20, 2019 10:26 PM

To clarify, post R233 was jokingly mocking the superfan who asked him what his favorite character to play was. Can guarantee no one actually said that- not that I'd put it past one of his fangirls to say that. They really do fly all over the world and country when there's even a chance of seeing him- like AIDS-Walk Gate. And some fans have really gifted him photo albums that include pics of him and Simon- which is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 237February 20, 2019 10:30 PM

R236 he answered something like "Well Sean is up there. It's a tough question". And that was it-he gave a polite but very brief answer to what was a silly question. Such a missed opportunity to learn something new about the film.

by Anonymousreply 238February 20, 2019 10:40 PM

I guess it's not a good question for this setting cause it should be about the film but that is a typical question actors often get asked.

by Anonymousreply 239February 21, 2019 12:15 AM

Some of the fans from Europe who flew to NY for the BITB went to 4-5 performances and met him at the stage door after every performance while they were there. Some of the US fans flew to NY a couple of times to see the play and meet him at the stagedoor. Those are some of the same ones that went to the Papi Chulo screenings in London & Dublin. They are devoted and apparently can afford to follow him around. He is always friendly to them.

by Anonymousreply 240February 21, 2019 12:44 AM

It's the same thing as people being told it's not polite to bring something from another production to the stage door at a different production.

He was there to talk about this movie so he should have been asked about things that related to this movie.

He answered the question the right way by subtly reminding them that this is about Papi Chulo without being rude. Such a charming man.

by Anonymousreply 241February 21, 2019 12:49 AM

R241 well he was hardly going to be rude to someone in front of a crowd lol he could hardly say "only questions about the film". He answered very briefly as I think he didn't want to deflect from Alejandro or John. He could tell he felt a bit embarrassed.

Fans also had gifts from him, which his publicist/assistant(??) had to hold (in lieu of Simon)

by Anonymousreply 242February 21, 2019 5:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 21, 2019 9:24 AM

Matt liked some comment on his instagram post where one of his superfans thanked him for coming out, meeting fans, and then mentioned something about Simon being more at ease with this event compared to the one in London. I'm guessing she was at the London premiere, and witnessed first hand how out of control it got. This confirms what other people on this thread were saying about Simon jumping in, and basically shutting it down (the fan interaction) out of fear for Matt's safety.

by Anonymousreply 244February 21, 2019 11:27 AM

R244 Father duck knows how out of control these things can get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 21, 2019 11:48 AM

The London premiere was a mess based on pics and vids. Don't blame Simon for wanting to make sure Matt didn't get hurt or pushed.

Dublin was better organised, largely helped by the fact they didn't arrive until after 6:15 which meant that people couldn't really wait around to crowd them.

by Anonymousreply 246February 21, 2019 12:58 PM

A more interesting interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 21, 2019 1:21 PM

Oh Duckling Troll, this thread would be lost without you.

by Anonymousreply 248February 21, 2019 1:23 PM

Really nice interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 21, 2019 4:37 PM

Is Simon him in Europe now?

by Anonymousreply 250February 21, 2019 6:05 PM

R250 no Simon isn't there. Probably busy with work - Ryan Murphy got an award for something I'm Tuesday night. Busy award week. He probably only came to London because it was Matt's birthday and they had a vacation afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 251February 21, 2019 6:59 PM

It's Oscar week dummy.

by Anonymousreply 252February 21, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]Busy award week.

In relation to what R251 mentioned, R250

There was an article a while back where they talked to Simon about awards season.

Besides Ryan's CDGA award on Tuesday, he has to coordinate all of their clients going to the Oscars & not just the people he handles personally. He doesn't just make sure that they can get there, he makes sure they know how to get there, he makes sure they understand when they need to get there for arrivals, that they all have what they need beforehand, know what they have to do and that all questions are answered on both sides. I also read him in another article saying that he and the others literally give them all directions with considerations for traffic so they can't be late and know who they need to meet up with.

So yes, not the best time to take off for Europe. lol

by Anonymousreply 253February 22, 2019 9:50 AM

Matt's staying on a few days in Scotland! Is he wearing the same bracelet as the one John Butler has worn in previous pics in his IG?

by Anonymousreply 254February 22, 2019 12:10 PM

[quote]Is he wearing the same bracelet as the one John Butler has worn in previous pics in his IG?

Wow. It's not the "same" bracelet. They both have them and there's a photo where they both have them on at the same time. It's just harder to see Matt's because of his sleeve but it shows up in some shots. They probably got them for free as a gift. They're very in right now in men's fashion.

[quote]Matt's staying on a few days in Scotland!

Yeah he said he was skipping the Oscar weekend and staying in Scotland.

I think it's pretty obvious that he feels zero any obligation to spend time with Simon's children. He comes and goes as he pleases.

Although if the story that he said on TV a few years ago, that they do "quality" over "quantity" parenting is true then neither is probably around them very much unless they have to be or there's a photo op.

by Anonymousreply 255February 22, 2019 12:22 PM

Duckling is close to the older one and that's about it.

He is clearly aloof from his own son, but that's understandable considering that thing he did.

Mr Peabody it seems is just biding his time until he can whore Walker out to show business and become Svengali again.

by Anonymousreply 256February 22, 2019 12:28 PM

Simon is very much the primary parent I guess. Matt probably comes and goes as he pleases. Shit for the kid. He only got back from Atlanta and was back out the door and stays longer than needed. Kids probably spend more time with the nanny and Simon.

I laughed at an interview he did where he said he would go see Gaza's show when he got home and had "free time". If he's staying a weekend in Scotland then he's clearly not busy or bothered with his family. Wonder why Simon puts up with it lol especially when Matt rarely speaks of Simon with any warmth. I get he's very private about his relationship but I don't think I've ever heard him non-generic about his husband. It always seemed very sad.

by Anonymousreply 257February 22, 2019 1:13 PM

Matt is probably feeling ignored this Oscar season, so he’s going to skip it. Yes, Nanny is obviously the primary constant parent. Dads come and go. Simon works late and Matt travels. The kids probably have lots of school and sports activities to keep them busy. Lots of families with two successful working parents are like this.

by Anonymousreply 258February 22, 2019 1:21 PM

I don't think it's a matter of Simon putting up with it as much as they've always been like that. Even back when he was doing White Collar he only "flew home on weekends." That's just how their relationship has always been. Different strokes for different folks especially when they have money.

He also talks so openly about these things that it's clear he sees nothing wrong with it or that it's anything to be embarrassed about.

I remember someone who interviewed him saying that they'd been friends for decades but they barely knew anything about him because he's very private. I also remember an interviewer saying she asked them how they met and they both politely declined to discuss it. It's possible that they have a clear dividing line between what's public and what's private and they do not cross it especially since Simon works in PR and he's made it clear he doesn't want to be the subject of conversation.

by Anonymousreply 259February 22, 2019 1:24 PM

What we need is a webcam in their bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 260February 22, 2019 3:46 PM

Do you think they fight a lot?

by Anonymousreply 261February 22, 2019 4:06 PM

Only the oranges know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 262February 22, 2019 4:11 PM

They probably fight as much as any couple does in fairness. I'd say Matt is tricky to live with-he said he gets consumed by roles and immerses himself in the part so I imagine he's distant for a lot time when he's working. He said himself during an interview a few years back that if he tried to another extreme weight loss like the Normal Heart that his husband would kick him out of the house. Says it all really about his moods when he works . You'd hope Matt different with Simon in private than how he is in public.

by Anonymousreply 263February 22, 2019 4:55 PM

I agree R263 but most of the work Matt does he gets through being married to Simon and being able to act and he's always working.

I'm sure both know that. The Normal Heart is included in that.

Maybe Simon is the one uncomfortable with PDA? He seems all business which relates to the video he liked about Simon's star sign when Matt commented the guy who posted it was right.

by Anonymousreply 264February 22, 2019 5:06 PM

R264 I've seen pics at events where it's Simon kissing Matt on the cheek and it's Matt that looks uncomfortable. We don't really know much about Simon to even judge how he is with PDA. It's always seemed very intentional by Matt to be very careful with how he appears with Simon, especially during White Collar and a year or two afterward. Always thought it was to be as inoffensive and straight-friendly as possible.

by Anonymousreply 265February 22, 2019 6:43 PM

'Simon's children' really??? SMH.

by Anonymousreply 266February 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Wonder how their relationship will change when the kids leave the nest. They’re teenagers now.

by Anonymousreply 267February 23, 2019 3:03 AM

kit is 13 and Henry and Walker are almost 11. They still have a long way to go before they move out.

by Anonymousreply 268February 23, 2019 4:12 AM

R267 it's hard to tell since we really don't know much about him as a father or a husband. As alluded to in my previous post, I'd say he's distant and barely around when filming projects so the kids/Simon are probably use to spending a lot if time without him. Who knows what type of father/husband he is when he's not working

by Anonymousreply 269February 23, 2019 4:37 AM

I remember when he did that Todd Snyder interview and implied that they tell each other goodnight no matter where in the world they are. I thought that I was sweet.

As much as people complain that couples who flaunt their relationship on social media are doing it for bad reasons, these two have never really flaunted their relationship. I'd say, if that's the rule, then things are fine.

I agree R265, I still think he falls back into his old pattern of not trying to offend any homophobic people by playing the relationship down.

I still hope he does an interview about Doom Patrol soon. He was in the first and second episodes. He'll be in next week's episode too from the preview. I wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to cut him as his normal self into every episode. People really seem to love the character on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 270February 23, 2019 5:13 AM

Being with a method actor must be a drag. Daniel-Day Lewis wife said that when he was prepping for a role and then shooting the film she wouldn't have a husband for months because he was so immersed in the role. It's probably the same for Simon.

Matt just is so private about his personal life. We know pretty much the same about him as we did 5 years ago. Would love to know more about Simon-even just to see why Matt ended up with someone like him.

R270 Doom Patrol has gotten pretty solid reviews; much more positive than Titans. It's an interesting role for him-possibly lead to other work on TV and film. Wonder will he play a part in the new old Hollywood series Ryan Murphy announced today.

by Anonymousreply 271February 23, 2019 6:25 AM

He’s sensational in Doom Patrol. He’s too good for that role.

by Anonymousreply 272February 23, 2019 6:45 AM

Doom Patrol producer Greg Berlanti paying tribute to Simon at the publicist awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273February 23, 2019 7:05 AM

Everyone in that room know Simon spent years covering up for Bryan Singer, I would have loved to hear the sniggering when Berlanti called him a role model.

Berlanti also turned a blind eye to his show runner harassing all those women, so he’s also a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 274February 23, 2019 10:47 AM

It is a bit unfair to judge their parenting. Does anyone do that when Chris Hemsworth leaves his kids in Australia to film in Atlanta or Morocco or London? I think they are as involved as they can be considering their circumstances. Also, it is refreshing that they don't feel the need to post private stuff on social media. Couples who do that strike me as being a little desperate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275February 23, 2019 1:00 PM

R275 oh god do fans like the posts from their kid's school IG feed? I hope if any of the kids have social media that it is private.

People will always comment on other people's parenting ability, especially celebrities. Who knows whether they are good parents or not, Matt never gets too specific about the kids. The discussion about Matt being distant and absent probably stems from the fact from last January until now, he's pretty much worked non-stop and has most likely been away from his family than he has been with them.

He was the one that told journalists that he moved out of the home to shoot a small indie film that was filming in the same town. Considering it was only a month or two before he moved to another state for 4 months, you do wonder why he didn't want to spend as much time with the kids as he could. Even now, he's chilling in Scotland with his director friend for an extra few days even though he only got back from filming in Atlants while his husband is probably extremely busy and the kids are most likely left with a nanny. At the end of the day, he's a rich male artist and male artists are always given a pass at being a part-time parent. If he were a woman, then people would criticize him a lot more.

by Anonymousreply 276February 23, 2019 1:24 PM

Well, if he were a woman, pretty much everything about him and his life would be different.

by Anonymousreply 277February 23, 2019 1:29 PM

No one knows exactly how long they've been together, but we know Matt's been in the kids lives since they were toddlers- none of them probably remember a time where Matt WASN'T their dad. I'm sure his relationship with the kids is great, regardless of how often he goes away for work. I mean you don't doubt pilots, deployed service men/women, those who work on oil rigs, etc's commitment to their families do you? Some trolls are making assumptions, but for all you know they might FaceTime everyday before or after school. With modern technology I'm sure they all stay in constant communication with each other.

by Anonymousreply 278February 23, 2019 1:32 PM

R278 well with servicemen they don't really have a choice in the matter. People work those jobs because due to financial necessity most of the time. Matt has the benefit of money to be more flexible.

Listen, you can still be a fan of someone and still serve some side eye at some of their decisions. Keira Knightly said it was common practice for her male co-stars to never bother with their kids when they were filming as they needed their creative space wheras most of the female actresses never have that option. Matt is clearly no different and is happy to let Simon/nanny take the reigns when he works.

by Anonymousreply 279February 23, 2019 1:44 PM

R279 Sure, but Matt has the benefit of money because he works, not because he just has cash laying around in his bank account. All three of his kids go to a prestigious private school, and the tuition isn't going to pay himself. Side eye all you want, I fully agree with you that we definitely don't always have to agree with everything they do, but in order for them to uphold their current standards of living Matt has to work- luckily for him his job is also something he's passionate about, which I'm sure helps to balance out how much he misses his family when he's gone.

by Anonymousreply 280February 23, 2019 1:48 PM

I Roma.

by Anonymousreply 281February 23, 2019 1:53 PM

R271 he would fit into a show about the golden age of Hollywood so well. Hopefully he's cast in it.

by Anonymousreply 282February 23, 2019 1:57 PM

Yeah that worked out so well last time.

by Anonymousreply 283February 23, 2019 2:54 PM

This would a different show with most likely different viewership numbers.

by Anonymousreply 284February 23, 2019 2:58 PM

R283 well I'd have a little more hope for a Ryan Murphy production than the self-indulgent show from Billy Ray. At least Murphy shows win Emmys and Golden Globes nearly ever year.

by Anonymousreply 285February 23, 2019 3:00 PM

R285 Exactly. I’d love to see him as the William Powell character in the Thin Man series. Powell and Myrna Loy were terrific together. Matt has that same suave, sophisticated charm and intelligence that would totally fit the bill. He would also be great as Tyrone Power or Errol Flynn. Glad to see Ryan taking this on.

by Anonymousreply 286February 23, 2019 3:10 PM

Tried watching The Last Tycoon, and couldn't make it through. I think Matt is an amazing actor, but he's not suited for the role. I saw a review that said something to the extent of a roll that intense needing a man like Jon Hamm to fill it, and it's true. Monroe's confidence vs Matt's personality clashed too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 287February 23, 2019 4:48 PM

R287 I think had the writing/plots been better, the show could have been better. The dialogue was so weak and limp that it just made the episodes drag. They didn't know what to do with Monroe either; he's meant to be an anti-hero but his character is pretty much a heartbroken lovesick guy. Matt even said during press for film that if they got a second season he wanted Monroe's character to be darker-think he wasn't happy with how the character was written. Missed opportunity

by Anonymousreply 288February 23, 2019 5:16 PM

[quote]Wonder will he play a part in the new old Hollywood series Ryan Murphy announced today.

I hope not. Ryan Murphy won't cast him as anything other than a pretty boy sex object. He has proven that multiple times. That has to be boring for any actor after a certain point and it makes it harder for people to see you as anything else.

I think Matt knows that which is why he tries to work outside of him. When he does we get Papi Chulo and Walking Out. He's capable of doing more but how long should he wait until Ryan realizes that? It's obvious he's not waiting.

[quote]Does anyone do that when Chris Hemsworth leaves his kids in Australia to film in Atlanta or Morocco or London?

Chris takes his family with him as much as possible and brings them to set often but they would have a different dynamic than someone where both members of the family are powerful people. He also doesn't work all year round and only spend 3 months at home out of 12.

[quote]At the end of the day, he's a rich male artist and male artists are always given a pass at being a part-time parent. If he were a woman, then people would criticize him a lot more.

What? R276? No one is giving him a pass. That's what's so interesting about this. That's the entire topic of this discussion. You're here posting about it because people aren't giving him a pass.

[quote]well I'd have a little more hope for a Ryan Murphy production than the self-indulgent show from Billy Ray.

Yeah, Last Tycoon was boring. Even he knew it was boring as R288 pointed out.

Also Ryan Murphy isn't infallable. Scream Queens and The New Normal come to mind.

by Anonymousreply 289February 23, 2019 5:44 PM

I liked Matt in The New Normal.

by Anonymousreply 290February 23, 2019 5:56 PM

R289 it's been discussed here before most fans know Ryan Murphy has his favourites (Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett) and they are the ones he builds his shows around. Everyone else just kind of orbits them. He clearly rates Matt as an actor as he's kept him working since White Collar finished but let's call a spade a spade here: Matt only got in with Murphy because of Simon. Same thing with Billie Lourd and Emma Roberts.

Male actors/artists as a whole tend to get a pass for being away from home a lot. We have no idea what type of parent/husband he is but you could take a guess and say he's the "I'll make it up to you" kind dad when he misses the kids birthdays or school events or that his schedule dictates the families life. But I sure a lot of successful parents are the same.

I defintely thought he wasn't happy with how The Last Tycoon turned out. The day it premiered he basically stopped posting or tweeting about it. He probably knew that the reviews were lukewarm and because Amazon was gunning for a hit, he may have suspected that a second season was not likely

by Anonymousreply 291February 23, 2019 6:03 PM

Simon probably broke the news to Matt that TLT wasn’t going to be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 292February 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Murphy, who was taken many actors and recontextualized them in new and unique ways, casts Duckling only as one thing: a vain, flaky insecure himbo and moron. I’ll leave you to be the judge of why that is.

by Anonymousreply 293February 23, 2019 6:09 PM

Bomer won't get good roles until directors accept him for what he is: a neurotic and insane duckling. Papi Chulo director understood that, that is why he is good in that.

by Anonymousreply 294February 23, 2019 6:31 PM

R291, Ryan has always made it clear (multiple times, even on camera) that if an actor wants to continue to work with him, he'll find a way for them to work with him. Sarah, Evan, Jessica and Angela may be his "favorites" but they are also his "favorites" because they openly make themselves available at all times to him. We won't get into the fact that it's hard for a woman of a certain age to find role (add Kathy Bates into that) so he is helpful to them in continuing to work. They don't have as many options. Evan's not willing to take a risk and neither is Darren Criss but both got their start with him.

And while Matt keeps working with him, I take issue, with people thinking he should work with him [bold]all[/bold] the time. When Matt does something that people don't like the first thing people say is, "Why isn't he working on this new Ryan Murphy project?" He shouldn't. That's not helpful for him to grow as an actor. And he really does play, essentially, the same role every time he works with him.

Yes, he got in with Murphy because he's Simon's client. The same can be said of Greg Berlanti and Doom Patrol. That's how the whole town works.

It comes down to this: Murphy hasn't cast a show or a movie that revolves around Matt and it has been a long time since he did Glee. He has had many opportunities. He never gave him one.

However, when he worked with Billy Ray, John Butler or Alex Smith/Andrew Smith he got to do more than Ryan would have ever let him. He got to be the lead. I would think people would want that for him.

It should also be recognized that when he chooses to work with Murphy he also misses out on other opportunities. He has to have balance and he has to go and do things that he thinks are interesting.

[quote]The day it premiered he basically stopped posting or tweeting about it. He probably knew that the reviews were lukewarm and because Amazon was gunning for a hit, he may have suspected that a second season was not likely

I noticed that too. He's pretty obvious about that. He also stopped tweeting about AHS as soon as his last episode aired. It's pretty obvious when he doesn't like a project personally. With that in mind, the projects he liked the most were of course "Papi Chulo," "White Collar," "Walking Out," "Traveler," "The Normal Heart" and now "Doom Patrol" (it was cute when he added that he "really" did like it although he deleted that part of his post and he is liking tons of tweets from people that enjoyed seeing him on the show.)

Only one of those can be attributed to Murphy the rest he found when he struck out on his own and he wouldn't have gotten those if he was working with Murphy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 295February 23, 2019 6:32 PM

Roles in which Bomer is cast as vain flaky insecure himbo: Magic Mike, American Horror Story (two times), The New Normal, Will & Grace - all bad performances

Roles in which Bomer is cast as neurotic crazy duckling: Papi Chulo - good performance

by Anonymousreply 296February 23, 2019 6:37 PM

R295 I don't think people expect him to work with Ryan Murphy on every single project. As for reasons already laid out, Murphy doesn't always give him the most interesting roles so he is probably happy to weave in and out of that world while doing other stuff. If Murphy offered him a decent role in any of his new shows on Netflix then im sure he would take it. He has a good enough relationship with Murphy to be more selective with his roles.

Walking Out was also another project he got through Simon if I remember correctly??

Doom Patrol looks like it was interesting to film and reviewers like it. His character seems complex too so he probably appreciated that too.

White Collar, The Normal Heart, Walking Out and Papi Chulo are his best roles to date. Boys in the Band too although he has a very understated role in it.

by Anonymousreply 297February 23, 2019 6:43 PM

The Last Tycoon was boring. They should've kept the affair with Rose going. Also, Matt stayed in Europe and missed the publicists' awards, wow!

by Anonymousreply 298February 23, 2019 6:47 PM

R298 the publicists awards are not actually for publicists. Publicists nominate films and TV shows for awards and are just a press/PR event. They aren't honouring publicists themselves. It's not like Simon was up for an honour; he was just there for Greg Berlanti who won TV Showman of the year and he thanked Simon

by Anonymousreply 299February 23, 2019 6:54 PM

R298 The award wasn't for Simon. It was for Greg Berlanti, who thanked Simon. If the award was for Simon, Matt would have been there.

by Anonymousreply 300February 23, 2019 6:54 PM

R300 well you would hope he'd have come back for that instead of hanging out with John Butler in Scotland lol

by Anonymousreply 301February 23, 2019 6:59 PM

[R300]well you would hope he'd have come back for that instead of hanging out with John Butler in Scotland lol

As other people said the award wasn't for Simon.

Simon is Greg Berlanti's PR rep. Simon would have been dealing with Greg before and during the event.

Earlier in the week he had to deal with Ryan Murphy when he got an award.

He also has his usual Oscar duties this week.

Matt's not missing anything by not being around for the weekend. Simon likely wouldn't have been around all week either.

I still remember the time a woman commented on Matt's instagram post that knows them both and asked him if he was finally going to start doing carpool again since Simon was tired and Matt had been gone doing Boys in the Band. Then Matt left town a week or two later lol

Their careers obviously come first but that's how it is when you have money. Hopefully they're not in for a rude awakening when the kids get older and aren't afraid to tell them what they think of them.

by Anonymousreply 302February 23, 2019 7:34 PM

"Matt's not missing anything by not being around for the weekend."

Maybe time with his kids?

by Anonymousreply 303February 23, 2019 7:39 PM

They are typical Hollywood parents like the kind described in Less Than Zero, totally absorbed in themselves and their careers and oblivious that the children are doing cocaine and watching snuff films.

by Anonymousreply 304February 23, 2019 7:44 PM

R303, True but I don't think that's his perspective. He has told the story of the actress multiple times that told him to stop feeling bad about working so much because his "kids will respect him more when they're older" and the other story about by following his dreams he's "teaching" them to "follow their dreams." I don't think I agree with that but that's what he's said on it.

by Anonymousreply 305February 23, 2019 7:44 PM

People in Hollywood will create any type of convoluted logic to convince themselves they are being ethical. How do you think Scientology started?

by Anonymousreply 306February 23, 2019 7:47 PM

Simon is probably around a lot more than Matt is. As that woman said on Matt's IG, he was doing a lot of carpooling for the kids. Once he's access to internet, he could probably work from anywhere when he doesn't have to do events. Plus, he has junior publicists and assistants to manage a lot of things. I regularly see one of his junior publicists at events with Simon's clients (just like it was with Matt this week; he had a publicist with him that wasn't Jennifer Allen but is regularly at events with him. Keep seeing some fans refer to her as his PA lol). I'd say at this stage on his career, Simon picks and chooses on what he goes to. Simon and the nanny must do all the heavy lifting in the family.

by Anonymousreply 307February 23, 2019 7:57 PM

So far, I really am enjoying Doom Patrol, are there any DL discussion threads about it?

by Anonymousreply 308February 24, 2019 12:38 PM

R308 Doesn't seem to be. You'd may have better luck with other discussion sites for the show.

by Anonymousreply 309February 24, 2019 12:52 PM

That’s what happens who you do a show for a streaming service no one has.

by Anonymousreply 310February 24, 2019 12:54 PM

R308, The Titans thread contains Doom Patrol discussion. It's not a bad thread at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311February 24, 2019 2:55 PM

R308, The best discussion can be found at the DCU Titans Reddit.

I've only see one negative post about Negative Man being gay and that was a long time ago.

Everyone loves him and Matt.

Some have even gone on to say that he's now their favorite character!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312February 24, 2019 2:57 PM

His kids are 13 and 11 and he thinks they still play with legos? They probably already vape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313February 25, 2019 9:09 PM

It's not even a real lego, it's an edit smh. "Where can I get a set?" uh there's not a set to get, certainly not a Lego manufactured one.

by Anonymousreply 314February 25, 2019 9:13 PM

R313, R314 - You guys are a couple of assholes.

Being that he's actually on the show and can use Google ... I think he was offering praise for the person who made it since it's not actually on the official Lego account and he doesn't actually think Lego released a figure of his character. He may think that the person actually made a real one though and wants one.

His character will likely be appearing as part of a DLC pack for DC's Lego Super Villains. Whether or not they'll be using Matt's voice (probably from the show) is the question.

by Anonymousreply 315February 25, 2019 11:11 PM

I noticed on Twitter that some of Bomer's fangirls became BFF with Alejandro Patino. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 316February 27, 2019 7:40 PM

His second W&G appearance as dolphin-skinned McCoy Whitman airs tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 317February 27, 2019 8:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318February 27, 2019 9:37 PM

I have... SO many questions

by Anonymousreply 319February 27, 2019 11:20 PM

Matt yesterday at a press event for Doom Patrol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320February 28, 2019 12:13 AM

She looks thin. Is she starving herself again?

by Anonymousreply 321February 28, 2019 12:29 AM

Self-hating homo ^

by Anonymousreply 322February 28, 2019 1:04 AM

R316 only noticing that now? Lol they made bffs with him ages ago. He seems like a nice guy but you'd question the logic of making friends with people who are clearly obsessed with his co-star

by Anonymousreply 323February 28, 2019 3:51 AM

It’s classic “make friends with the friend/family member” to get access. He’s probably oblivious to it all and is flattered by the attention of female fans.

by Anonymousreply 324February 28, 2019 4:07 AM

R324 completely weird behaviour either way. Such bonkers fans out there. At least Matt knows to keep his distance from fans and has set boundaries. Only likes posts or occasionally replies to people only social media and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 325February 28, 2019 4:35 AM

R324, he's been a character actor for almost 30 years now. I'm sure he knows what's going on and is just being nice while enjoying the attention, unlike Willie Garson who got called out a few times for being mean to Matt's fans who tried to cozy up to him while they were on White Collar.

In Matt news: Matt's spotlight episode of Doom Patrol airs Friday.

They also increased the episode count from 13 to 15 because DC is extremely pleased with the show. To compare Titans only had 11 episodes that aired and they cut the last one to reshoot it. The show is still shooting and finished in a couple of weeks ahead of schedule.

I thought it was great when Matt was asked about playing Superman again and said he was happy doing this/that it worked out this way.

by Anonymousreply 326February 28, 2019 4:36 AM

R326 I think Willie Garson's reaction was justified tbh. Fans can be annoying and intrusive and lack a lot of self-awareness so he was well within his rights to call out any behaviour he didn't like. Matt probably has had issues in the past with fans but is too PR savy to publicly say anything.

Doom Patrol seems be going well so far-good reaction from both critics and fans alike. It's a good role for him. I did love the Superman comments from him-he was asked about the Superman role twice in interviews last week for Papi Chulo. Quotes in the Advocate article state that he got the role after Greg Berlanti saw in in The Boys In the Band.

by Anonymousreply 327February 28, 2019 5:05 AM

Willie hates Matt's fans. They are using Alejandro, the poor bastard doesn't realise.

by Anonymousreply 328February 28, 2019 5:15 AM

[quote]Quotes in the Advocate article state that he got the role after Greg Berlanti saw in in The Boys In the Band.

R327, he also left out the part where he's friends with Greg Berlanti's husband (and used to wear clothes from his fashion line in public to promote it) and Greg Berlanti himself has been his Simon's friend and client for years but that's showbiz!

by Anonymousreply 329February 28, 2019 5:24 AM

R329 well he's hardly going to say "yeah Greg Berlanti and his husband are both my husband's friends and clients and they came and saw me in a play that was produced by Ryan Murphy, another one of my husband's oldest clients and friends." That would have been too obvious now lol

I'm sure most journalists are smart enough to know to not ask him about his husbands connections.

by Anonymousreply 330February 28, 2019 5:36 AM

R330, of course not! lol I was pointing it out since he used that as a talking point about why he got the role. Little moments like that are interesting because we know they're not being entirely honest. (Especially with Greg using Boys in the Band, a play where he "blended into the background" in the second half. If he had of said, "The Normal Heart" I would understand.)

I thought it was funny when during an interview the first time the Papi Chulo cast went overseas (to London,) John was asked why he picked Matt to do comedy and he said that he saw from his work that he was funny and he stumbled a little when questioned and said his "talk show appearances." Then Matt questioned that (since he was surprised) and explained that they're just for marketing but eventually just let him go. It was obvious he went with Matt Bomer because "Matt Bomer!!!!!" wanted to do the project. It was interesting that he thought he had to come up with a reason.

I'm just happy he got through the press conference without talking about Guiding Light. lol

by Anonymousreply 331February 28, 2019 7:01 AM

R331 yeah Matt's talk show appearances are pretty forgettable to be honest. His interviews are always pretty formulaic and you very rarely see much of his personality unless it's a more intimate interview like the SAGA ones. John could of just said he'd seen his previous work and could tell he had good comedic timing. He's obviously a fan of Matt and was dying to work with him.

by Anonymousreply 332February 28, 2019 12:19 PM

If you are based in UK 'Papi Chulo' will be screened at BFI Flare Festival on 28th and 29th of March.

by Anonymousreply 333February 28, 2019 2:00 PM

Stop belittling Matt. If we wasn't talented no way he would've been cast in anything big and popular like ahs, the normal heart, doom patrol or boys in the band.

by Anonymousreply 334February 28, 2019 7:31 PM

R334 no one said he wasn't talented, they were simply pointing out the facts. He gets a lot of roles from people who happen to be his husband's clients-how could anyone dispute that? He also gets roles that don't come about from Simon's contacts. It's how Hollywood (and a lot of industries) work. It's not just about talent, it's about who you know. All the roles you listed came from Ryan Murphy and Greg Berlanti, two of Simon's clients lol

by Anonymousreply 335February 28, 2019 8:00 PM

R334, No one is saying he isn't talented. I think most of us are here because we think he is talented.

For instance, Ryan Murphy said he asked Penelope Cruz to play Donatella in AHS: Versace because he had directed her husband Javier Bardem in "Eat Pray Love" so he knew her from their relationship. That doesn't mean that she isn't talented. That just means she had that connection to him. That's just how Hollywood is. It's about talent AND connections.

As R335 said it's no different than outside of Hollywood. You'd ask your friend or a friend of a friend to go bowling with you vs asking a stranger most of the time because you already have a connection to them.

by Anonymousreply 336February 28, 2019 8:08 PM

You'd have to be incredibly naive to think that Simon's clients haven't looked favourably on Matt because of his relationship with Simon, regardless of how talented he is. Even for films that don't have Simon's clients at the helm, he's still had some involvement in a few of them. He was credited in the Special Thanks section of the credits for both Papi Chulo and Viper Club.

by Anonymousreply 337February 28, 2019 8:36 PM

He's gorgeous, I love the jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 28, 2019 10:26 PM

The new will and grace episode was so funny!

by Anonymousreply 339March 1, 2019 3:02 AM

The show seems to work best while Will and Grace are single/casually dating and always fall back on each other “support” but I’d love to have Matt stick around past his 4 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 340March 1, 2019 3:07 AM

He went to the NowApocalpse premiere yesterday. His friend Victor accompanied him. Where is Simon? Haven't seen Simon for a longtime.

by Anonymousreply 341March 1, 2019 3:13 AM

Someone has to watch the children on Consuela’s night off.

by Anonymousreply 342March 1, 2019 3:24 AM

He looks weird and zombie like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343March 1, 2019 3:26 AM

He's probably jet lagged.

by Anonymousreply 344March 1, 2019 3:42 AM

He often has that slightly unfocused gaze when he’s doing paparazzi wall photos, compared to when he’s maintaining eye contact with other actors or an interviewer. Or maybe he doen’t have his contacts in.

by Anonymousreply 345March 1, 2019 3:50 AM

R344, the best cure for jet lag is staying at home with his husband and children for more than two days before taking off again for a week to a month.

R341, You saw Simon a month ago. It really hasn't been that long. He's not the celebrity.

R340, while he's good and while I like seeing him, playing that character long term could get real tired, really fast.

by Anonymousreply 346March 1, 2019 4:16 AM

R346 sure he was at events two nights in a row only a day after he got back from Europe. You know where his priorities lie #notwithhisfamily

Simon always keeps a low profile. Only ever see him if Matt shares a pic or at any event with Matt or a brief glimpse of him with one of his clients.

by Anonymousreply 347March 1, 2019 4:24 AM

Wow Simon and Matt has been together for what like 15 years? Do they still have sex? Most couple married for 10 years I know in real life are barely passionate about it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 348March 1, 2019 4:49 AM

R348 You need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 349March 1, 2019 5:12 AM

You'd honestly never know what goes on in their relationship as Matt never talks about it. It's a mystery

by Anonymousreply 350March 1, 2019 8:03 AM

Crying Matty on Will and Grace was so funny!

by Anonymousreply 351March 1, 2019 4:37 PM

I did not think he was very good last night. But not everyone can do three-camera.

by Anonymousreply 352March 1, 2019 4:40 PM

Is that what you wanted? And the way Will cringely/hesitantly says yes...

by Anonymousreply 353March 1, 2019 4:40 PM

He has more scenes in Doom Patrol this new episode. All I see is his blue eyes...

by Anonymousreply 354March 1, 2019 6:08 PM

R352, People here (who had some not so nice things to say), and I'm sure the people who make the show, were surprised then he even did Will & Grace. I'm sure they were also surprised when he agreed to do three more episodes.

I'm sure they needed to time to get a grip on the character and needed time to write him into the episodes they had planned, where he wasn't supposed to be since it's not like his character had a whole arc planned out in advance.

No doubt, they'll give him more to do on his last two episodes with the show but it's really hard to outshine Molly Shannon as a comedic guest star when that's what she does.

I thought he was great in every scene except the crying scene.

by Anonymousreply 355March 1, 2019 7:03 PM

I liked crying scene...rarely see this side of Matt

by Anonymousreply 356March 1, 2019 7:43 PM

The crying scene was hilarious, caricaturesque like his character. I liked it.

by Anonymousreply 357March 2, 2019 12:18 AM

He reminds me of a gay Ted Baxter. But I like how they’re unravelling his fake persona.

by Anonymousreply 358March 2, 2019 12:28 AM

That after burning look in Doom Patrol was not a stand-in, it's Matt himself! I guess it was pretty fun to work in this series for him then.

by Anonymousreply 359March 2, 2019 7:59 AM

I love Larry Trainor :(

by Anonymousreply 360March 2, 2019 8:23 AM

He appears (physically) in Doom Patrol a lot more than people anticipated I guess. Looks like he really did consider the role carefully before taking it.

by Anonymousreply 361March 2, 2019 9:55 AM

He was shooting way too much for this to be all we see of him. I'm sure we have more scenes coming up in a few episodes after they focus on other people for a while including the one outside at night and another bar scene.

It was interesting when he said, "I’ve only been in the same room as Brendan one time, just because of the nature of how it all shakes out. And that was in the trailer, after an 18-hour day, when I was getting the silicone pieces pulled off my face," and didn't get to spend a lot of time with the whole cast other than Matthew Zuk since he was shooting separately from everyone else. He did imply he at least met everyone else but there were two groups shooting at the same time.

The character does eventually lose his powers and get stuck as himself in the comic book, with his normal face, but who knows when we'll see that or if we will. Maybe in a season or two.

by Anonymousreply 362March 2, 2019 3:17 PM

Are they still filming Doom Patrol or are they finished up?

by Anonymousreply 363March 2, 2019 8:19 PM

What is he going to do next?

by Anonymousreply 364March 3, 2019 12:59 AM

DP has already been renewed for another season. Larry Trainor is a hit, pretty sure the character will have a fairly decent amount of screen time.

by Anonymousreply 365March 3, 2019 5:34 AM

R363, They have two weeks left. Some of the actors are already done.

R364, as R365 said the show is doing great, it's already renewed and he and his character are getting a lot of press coverage and a positive response. It should start to shoot again around August or earlier from reports.

Since he's second billed and he seems to like the feedback he has gotten from doing it, he could insist he do as much or as little of it as he wants. If something comes along while it's shooting they will adjust the schedule for him since it's not like he's needed all the time but he has this to fall back on now.

Otherwise, unless something else is announced, he has nothing scheduled from now to July which should be fine since he was gone for 9 out of 12 months last year. Maybe he'll finally take a break or maybe he'll back up the moving fan again. We'll see soon.

by Anonymousreply 366March 3, 2019 5:52 AM

R366 Doom Patrol is a handy role for him; it keeps him on TV and opens him up to newer audiences. It will most likely lead him to other work. As someone pointed out before, because he's only a voice over and occasional flashbacks, he probably isn't locked down to only doing that show so he probably has chances to do other roles. It was ultimately a good move by him-it's always a risk with superhero stuff as you never know how comic book fans will react to the show. I'd say he's been hesitant to jump back into TV after the disaster of The Last Tycoon

by Anonymousreply 367March 3, 2019 6:13 AM

I'm happy for Matt, imagine DP had been a flop like Tycoon, how could he recover from that?. Anyway, judging by the amount of "likes" he's given, he's really enjoying the love his character is receiving. He's getting a lot of new fans.

by Anonymousreply 368March 3, 2019 7:07 AM

And a lot of the fans he is gaining are YOUNGER (in their 20s and 30s) and that's what he really needs to survive.

Once the show gets put on Netflix and goes on in Canada (outside of the US) that fandom will grow even larger. All of this new attention is in the early stages.

That's the same thing that went on with the Titans show. They put it up on Netflix outside of the US and it really blew up.

by Anonymousreply 369March 3, 2019 7:21 AM

R369 is it likely to go on Netflix? If it's streaming on a DC, are they going to release it to another streaming site? Is that what happened with Titans?

The show getting a worldwide release would be a major boost for him.

by Anonymousreply 370March 3, 2019 7:46 AM

It will go on Netflix outside the US. The DC streaming site is only available in the US I think.

by Anonymousreply 371March 3, 2019 9:52 AM

LOL! These comic book shows make stars of younger actors, not 41 year old ducklings. All the young stars of Umbrella Academy are in the IMDB Top 10 this week, Duckling is not.

by Anonymousreply 372March 3, 2019 8:00 PM

Matt is getting a lot of love for his Doom Patrol role, I'm very happy for him. I think he will be cast is another big role for DC due to how great he's been on DP and how much people have liked him..

by Anonymousreply 373March 3, 2019 8:38 PM

I want him to play another superhero that will be on big screen!

by Anonymousreply 374March 3, 2019 10:15 PM

R372 I don't even like to give your sorry ass the time of day-seriously this duckling troll nonsense has gone on long enough, get your shit together or go be pathetic somewhere else- but I just have to point out that Matt doesn't need to be "made a star", he's already established. He won't ever struggle to find a job for as long as he chooses to continue his acting career. A show he's on is getting awesome feedback, and fans of the show are loving his contribution and his character. We're happy for him, don't be such a hating fuck! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 375March 4, 2019 12:41 AM

R375, I know you meant well but you gave it what it wanted. You fed it. Now it will come back again and again.

Just hit the mute button which is the head on the right, (under every post) with the slash through it and it will be muted.

The FF button under every post will recommend it to be categorized as a "flames and freaks" and if enough people hit it, it will be flagged by the website owner.

Otherwise, it only goes away when people stop paying attention to it and do not let up for even a moment, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 376March 4, 2019 12:47 AM

R375 don’t feel bad, I would have come back even if you hadn’t replied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377March 4, 2019 12:56 AM

R376 I know, I know-the troll is super obnoxious, but every time someone responds to it you whip out your DL patrol badge which is annoying too. I know how to mute. Unclench once in awhile, we'll be alright lol.

by Anonymousreply 378March 4, 2019 1:08 AM

you do know this r378?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 4, 2019 2:46 AM

Duckling has been casted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 6, 2019 5:04 PM

That sounds like a good role.

by Anonymousreply 381March 6, 2019 5:26 PM

I applaud any work that he appears to have obtained without Mr Peabody's connections.

by Anonymousreply 382March 6, 2019 5:41 PM

R382 No you don't. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 383March 6, 2019 8:10 PM

New role for Matt, he's been cast in a lead role in The Sinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384March 6, 2019 8:19 PM

Yes, we know.

by Anonymousreply 385March 6, 2019 8:23 PM

Is it a leading role? Looks like it's some accident need to be investigated and he is someone involved in the accident. I have never watched that show, never heard of it, is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 386March 6, 2019 8:49 PM

I know nothing about it but I've heard it's good.

by Anonymousreply 387March 6, 2019 9:01 PM

The best I can say about it is that exists.

Really I'm just familiar with it as a vehicle for Jessica Biel which got some notice due to heavy PR push when it premiered two years ago and then promptly dropped off the cultural radar. I had no idea there was even a season 2.

by Anonymousreply 388March 6, 2019 9:05 PM

It's an anthology series. Bill Pullman plays a detective.

They replace the actor that Bill Pullman is investigating and change the location every year.

Matt will be the lead for the next season. This past year it was Carrie Coon. The year before Jessica Biel.

So while he'll be the lead the thing to remember is that it's only for a year then they'll write him off.

by Anonymousreply 389March 6, 2019 9:11 PM

Will it come out in the Fall?

by Anonymousreply 390March 6, 2019 11:49 PM

The show is only 8 episodes every season and the past couple of years it started airing in August.

It normally starts production between May and August wherever the location of the show is.

That fits because Doom Patrol starts shooting season 2 in August.

by Anonymousreply 391March 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Simon commented in Matt's ins. He said Best. News. Ever, Bravo Matty! He calls Matt Matty...aww

by Anonymousreply 392March 7, 2019 4:23 AM

where does one send a vid or pic to get an invite to one of their sex partys?

by Anonymousreply 393March 7, 2019 4:30 AM

The sinner is not the most watched or well-known show but it's quite good and enjoyable.I'm glad that he'll have a major role in S3.

by Anonymousreply 394March 7, 2019 10:28 AM

Simon is always supportive of his hubby, so sweet!

by Anonymousreply 395March 7, 2019 12:24 PM

Matt calls Simon “Sy” sometimes.. They really do seem to love each other and their boys. Gotta be happy for a stable and successful long term gay marriage, however they make it work.

by Anonymousreply 396March 7, 2019 3:01 PM

Today is the twins birthday

by Anonymousreply 397March 7, 2019 3:27 PM

I prefer to call it "the anniversary of the Grand Faux Pas".

by Anonymousreply 398March 7, 2019 3:33 PM

A bunch of pics Matt wearing Tank Top in bed with Will! He is being so cute leaning on Will's shoulder. Wonder if he does that with Simon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399March 7, 2019 4:26 PM

The tv ratings weren't good for The Sinner in Season 2 but Season 1 went on Netflix while Season 2 was on and made it a hit.

Not that many people watch it on the USA network but Netflix saved it by giving it a bigger audience who love it. It was supposed to be a trilogy anyway so Matt's season is the final chapter.

by Anonymousreply 400March 7, 2019 6:43 PM

Matt still look very young and beautiful but comparing to white collar, he does aged a bit.

by Anonymousreply 401March 7, 2019 10:10 PM

People tend to do that as the years go by.

by Anonymousreply 402March 8, 2019 2:45 AM

damn bomer gets better lookin as he ages.

wanna suk his dik so bad, and kiss all nite, and rim him till the chickens come home.

by Anonymousreply 403March 8, 2019 2:59 AM

Matt's hubby so lucky to have that fine piece of ass in his bed a lot...he must be rich and powerful

by Anonymousreply 404March 8, 2019 9:15 AM

Watched that movie "Anything" last night, it was great! I enjoyed it a lot! Matt was awesome in it! Great job! It's a shame they couldn't release it. I hate those hatred trans :(

by Anonymousreply 405March 8, 2019 9:43 AM

He was awesome in the one with his son in the woods, where they are roughing it...suspenseful. not the pretty boy role

by Anonymousreply 406March 8, 2019 9:46 AM

Do you all like him in Will and Grace?

by Anonymousreply 407March 8, 2019 2:12 PM

I'm 19 so I never really watched Will and Grace, but I'm a fan of Matt so I tuned into the first episode he was on- and since then have fallen in love with the show. His character is so fun, and so different from anything he's done so I really enjoyed the episodes he was in, and I can't wait to watch the new one coming up.

by Anonymousreply 408March 8, 2019 2:26 PM

He's fine but he's clearly not a natural at three camera.

by Anonymousreply 409March 8, 2019 2:27 PM

R409 What do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 410March 8, 2019 2:30 PM

I have been enjoying him on Will and Grace. He does comedy really well.

by Anonymousreply 411March 8, 2019 2:55 PM

Three camera or sitcom format where you are filmed simultaneously on three cameras before a live audience.

Many actors do not do this well. If you watched last nights episode you could see how natural it was for David Schwimmer (who of course did this for years on Frirnds) but Bomer does not seem as comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 412March 8, 2019 3:10 PM

I've just noticed that he spends a lot on time on Instagram...

by Anonymousreply 413March 8, 2019 5:38 PM

R413 meaning?

by Anonymousreply 414March 8, 2019 6:15 PM

Simon's nephew left the comment 'Still beautiful' on Matt's recent post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 8, 2019 6:55 PM

R413 He has two TV Shows airing.

He has a lead role in another series coming up and then the second season of the series he's on.

He has a nanny.

Probably a maid.

The kids are in school.

His husband might be working.

Social media is part of his job.

And it takes all of two seconds to like a photo? All of which people can see and are completely innocuous?

Is that what you're implying?

by Anonymousreply 416March 8, 2019 6:56 PM

[R413] He is just like everyone else, on his phone looking through ins while waiting or resting. I am not celebrity but I spend more time looking on Instagram. I find him cute in this way.

by Anonymousreply 417March 8, 2019 7:07 PM

When he talked about the 16-18 hour days he did on Doom Patrol, it was a nice reminder that a lot of his job is just sitting around. I remember him mentioning that he takes a "Sidney Lumet" nap at lunch on another production. Lumet, was notorious for having a cot brought into the studio so he could sleep after lunch. So at work and at home in his free time he looks at stuff on the internet like everyone as R417 said.

It was funny when he didn't lower the cam during the 4-5 hour makeup session for Larry Trainor until his chest was covered. Love our Puritanical Prince. I think somewhere deep down inside he's still the college student that read his bible before bed and it's sweet.

by Anonymousreply 418March 8, 2019 7:17 PM

Pretty sure he's manorexic.

by Anonymousreply 419March 8, 2019 7:37 PM

yikes R419 1. anorexia is not specific to women 2. other than the fact that he's into health, why on Earth would you say that?

by Anonymousreply 420March 8, 2019 7:42 PM

It was repeatedly noted by his Boys in the Band cast members that he did not eat.

by Anonymousreply 421March 8, 2019 8:01 PM

R421 that's been said before, but no link? I think you're taking it out of context.

by Anonymousreply 422March 8, 2019 8:07 PM

I don't think he has an eating disorder anymore than anyone else in Hollywood.

But R422, (I'm not R421) I remember that being said by the cast during the SirusXM town hall interview done by Andy Cohen when he asked Matt what he was eating since he had to be nude on stage. The cast all added, before Matt could answer, "he isn't" or "he's not eating!" You'd have to find and watch the whole interview to find that portion. People remarked at the time that he looked great during the production but also very, very thin.

by Anonymousreply 423March 8, 2019 8:20 PM

R423 Hmm... well when I saw the play I didn't think he looked any thinner than usual? Maybe more in shape, but not an unhealthy thinness by any means.

by Anonymousreply 424March 8, 2019 8:35 PM

R424, To me he did look thinner than usual, but you can't blame him!

That wouldn't have stopped me from putting the moves on him if he were into women! 😂

by Anonymousreply 425March 8, 2019 8:43 PM

I saw him at the stage door during the play and the first thing I actually noticed was that he was incredibly thin. I remember commenting to my friend that his legs were rail thin. He is naturally slim tbh; if you look at early promos for White Collar you'll see how small his frame is.

I think his weight fluctuates depending on the roles he does. He defintely lost weight for Papi Chulo and The Boys In The Band. At the Golden Globes he seemed a bit more at his typical weight. You tend to notice it more when he's with Simon who has a much more broader frame.

by Anonymousreply 426March 8, 2019 9:49 PM

Oh sorry, meant the SAG awards

by Anonymousreply 427March 8, 2019 10:00 PM

R416 R41 OMG calm the fuck down. I wasn't implying anything. I just don't remember him being so active on instagram before. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 428March 8, 2019 10:49 PM

I meant R417 ^

by Anonymousreply 429March 8, 2019 10:50 PM

This was him during the Boys in the Band [R426]. Very slim.

He said in Men's Journal that he controls his weight mostly with dieting but made it clear he doesn't eat food for "pleasure."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430March 8, 2019 11:00 PM

And when he's less concerned he looks like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431March 8, 2019 11:03 PM

Duckling probably has always had body issues but I would say starting with Magic Mike he embarked on a course of taking on roles which alternated drastic body changes culiminating in, of course, TransBomer film. I would say the vast majority of actors, especially television actors, maintain the same physique of the course of their career at least until middle age.

by Anonymousreply 432March 9, 2019 12:34 AM

R430 R431 Okay I do see what you mean. He looks closer to "bloated" as opposed to heavier in weight when he's not strict on himself tbh. I think it's interesting that someone so shy-seeming about his appearance is at the same time is so rigorous in terms of making sure he looks pleasing. I get it though, the final number was over 80 total shows they did the play. Imagine the pressure of a different audience's eyes seeing you naked 80 different nights.

by Anonymousreply 433March 9, 2019 12:35 AM

never watch wil and grace, its so hyper and cornball. but may watch matts parts on u tube. deb messing ruins the show for me. ick.

by Anonymousreply 434March 9, 2019 12:36 AM

R443, definitely. His weight changes mostly show up in his hips and face. It's the difference between him having abs and not having abs and for the stage he probably wanted them.

There are candid photos of him floating around from before he was 27 when he said he started really working on what he eats and he looks closer to R431. He goes back to R431 between projects. I still like him no matter what he looks like but I do recall someone here asking if he was going to bust out of his pants at that awards show a month or two ago. He's definitely the son of a football player.

by Anonymousreply 435March 9, 2019 12:56 AM

R428 well you did leave that statement just hanging there as if it had some implied meaning lol he's been quite active on IG for a long time now, although in comparison to other celebrities he's doesn't post as much. He ramps it up when he's appearing on shows/films. It's his Twitter that really stepped back from a lot once he joined IG.

by Anonymousreply 436March 9, 2019 4:49 AM

Anyone else think that this is a subtle dig at his dad and brother?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 9, 2019 7:55 AM

R438 defintely got a passive aggressive vibe off that post. While I think he's on good terms with his family now, there's probably a history load of issues there. He seems closer to his mother and sister.

by Anonymousreply 438March 9, 2019 8:19 AM

You can see why he said he'd be a journalist if he wasn't an actor. He writes the hell out of those instagram posts. They're usually pure "PR" but every now and then he says something that lets you know that there's more to it in a passage.

Agree with R437 & R438. While I don't think it was about them directly, I think it's obvious they were included in that bunch. Things seem fine now but that was a sign that he hasn't forgotten about people who "didn't even care to" stand up for him. His mother and sister were the only two that came to see him on Broadway. They're also the only two we've seen him with.

I'll always wonder what he meant when he said his life hasn't been as easy as people would think. He's so PR trained I wonder what's really going on in his head and life. Hopefully he'll write a book one day since he canceled the idea of an album a few years back but he seems to shy away from anything that reveals who he is.

by Anonymousreply 439March 9, 2019 9:37 AM

A man who married another man 14 years his senior has Daddy issues. Oh I’m ever so shocked.

by Anonymousreply 440March 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Equally, it could have also been a dig at men in the industry who mabye never stood up for him or didn't fight for him to get roles etc. But I do feel it was defintely a slight dig at some of his male family members.

R439 well I do remember him in an interview saying that he had a long, hard journey getting to where he is in life and that the coming out process was incredibly difficult. I mean he basically said in an interview that his family turned their backs on him for months when he came out. I imagine that must have been devstating for him. He said he couldn't even tell his parents to his face, he had to write a letter. Very few LGBTQ people have easy lives and smooth coming out stories so he's clearly no different.

Even just career-wise, he gigged around in smaller roles for nearly all of his 20s until he finally got mainstream success with White Collar. He even said in an interview that he was considered going back to grad school to study journalism because he wasn't getting roles. We'll only ever hear about the roles and parts he gets, I imagine he's had some tough times in the business that he just doesn't want to share with the public.

He's very careful not to reveal too much about himself and his personal light. We pretty know the same about of info about Simon and the three kids as we did 3/4 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 441March 9, 2019 10:00 AM

ROFL Duckling got a role EVERY PILOT SEASON once he got together with Mr Peabody and if he didn’t get a pilot or movie then he didn’t bother working at all. That’s why his filmography is so thin until White Collar. Most actors after pilot season hustle for work in other areas, TV movies, guest arcs, independent films, theater. Duckling just expected stardom to be delivered to him because he was in bed with Halls and if that wasn’t going to happen he was going to quit. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 442March 9, 2019 10:19 AM

True R441, and even that he revealed because it was related to a role he was playing in The Normal Heart. The Men's Journal interview referenced earlier he talked about hunting because he was promoting Walking Out. When he was doing Anything he suddenly brought up a trans friend he was going to talk about. When he was doing promotion for Boys in the Band he was all about theater experiences. Even now with Papi Chulo he talks about being lonely in LA and spending time in Ireland.

He's not an Armie Hammer type who will start talking about anything he feels like.

If you're a Matt Bomer fan you already know exactly how his interviews are going to go. I think we find out the most information about who he is from his instagram stories. He won't post how much he loves Lizzo on his instagram but he'll share it on a story that will disappear. It's cute. He is PR trained all the way.

by Anonymousreply 443March 9, 2019 10:24 AM

R444 he's pretty much an interview machine at this rate. I don't think anyone expects much from his interviews anymore. It's rare you'd get something in-depth or something that will give you a better insight to himself. To be fair, it's completely fair that he wants to maintain his privacy; he clearly decided early on in his career what image/brand he wanted to portray. If anything, he's consistent.

Interestingly, his IG has been far much better of a platform than Twitter that allows people to see snippets of his personality. He probably prefers to share IG stories of the kids that will eventually disappear and won t accumulate hundreds of comments.

by Anonymousreply 444March 9, 2019 12:15 PM

Some of the rote repetitive content of his interviews is the responsibility of his interviewers. There have only been a couple who seemed to really connect with him personally.

by Anonymousreply 445March 9, 2019 3:32 PM

R445 I would agree with that to an extent. I've seen some journalists ask him some pretty bad questions or not do enough research on him before speaking with him. On the other hand, I've seen him deflect some interesting questions or give a fairly generic response. Also worth noting that we don't know what his publicist instructs the journalists what not to ask. Mostly, I think his interview style was determined at the start of his career when he was avoiding all questions about his personal life and his sexuality. He had to be more discreet and it's probably still built into him to be this way even now.

by Anonymousreply 446March 9, 2019 4:41 PM

Why can't you just accept that Duckling simply has no personality? It does not exist.

That is why the Andrew Rannells pairing was so intriguing, because Rannells has so much personality. It was like they said about Astaire and Rogers, he gives her class, she gives him sex.

by Anonymousreply 447March 9, 2019 5:03 PM

Matt latest ig post is so sweet!

by Anonymousreply 448March 9, 2019 5:42 PM

Is he wearing a USC too in his IG post ?

by Anonymousreply 449March 9, 2019 6:06 PM

R446,

[quote]Also worth noting that we don't know what his publicist instructs the journalists what not to ask.

Simon was a chief executive at PMK. They were notorious for not allowing their clients to do interviews without having the questions preapproved first or no interview would take place and the questions absolutely could not veer away from the subjects approved or the interviewer would be denied future interviews with all of their clients. Not just that one. It became a way of doing things for a long time for established actors. That started when they had Tom Cruise.

I think it's pretty clear that's what Matt's people practice with him with Simon's influence. It's why everyone knows not to ask him any questions about Simon, his home life, etcetera at all and they're still asking him about Guiding Light and growing up in a small town.

They have a list of questions they can't ask and they have a list of approved topics. The interviewers agree to it because they want the interview and if they don't then they don't get an interview.

by Anonymousreply 450March 9, 2019 6:19 PM

R449 YES, it looks like a USC t-shirt, most likely Simon's. 😊

by Anonymousreply 451March 9, 2019 6:23 PM

R450 that's definitely still common practice with big stars today. Mostly now it's just that the journalist gets "advised" that they can only ask a specific project at hand. There was something on another site years where some journalist said they never asked Matt about his sexuality early on because they were all afraid of the consequences from Simon as he could reduce their access to other stars. It's why Matt got to be in the glass closet for so long.

R451 yeah I thought it looked like USC colors alright!

by Anonymousreply 452March 9, 2019 7:22 PM

Loving seeing Matt wear Simon's clothes

by Anonymousreply 453March 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Some nice words about Matt from an actor he directed on ACS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454March 11, 2019 9:45 PM

R454 Thanks for sharing that.

by Anonymousreply 455March 11, 2019 10:24 PM

Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 456March 15, 2019 7:59 PM

I'm so intrigued

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 21, 2019 12:09 AM

Andrew was PROUD he was bedding Bomer, it must have been a huge hit to his ego when it finally ended.

by Anonymousreply 458March 21, 2019 12:29 AM

Andrew was wearing that coat Matt just wore a few days ago.

by Anonymousreply 459March 21, 2019 2:46 AM

[quote]Andrew was wearing that coat Matt just wore a few days ago

It's not the same coat. Probably the same designer.

Matt's jacket has a line along the lapel and along the buttoned down area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 21, 2019 4:14 AM

Andrew's jacket is the budget version with no line and 2 buttons instead of 3.

I'll bet the interviewer mentioned tBitB's cast and he said don't woo Matt Bomer since he didn't want the mention of his name taking his spotlight 😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 21, 2019 4:22 AM

It looks ill fitting on Matt, and snazzy on Andrew lol.

by Anonymousreply 462March 21, 2019 2:01 PM

He is excited for tonight's Will and Grace!

by Anonymousreply 463March 21, 2019 5:15 PM

He was really funny on tonight's episode of Will and Grace. His comedic timing was better in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 464March 22, 2019 5:21 AM

It sounds like, from his Will & Grace instagram Q&A he would be open to the idea of returning to the show if they asked him to and probably paid him well. LOL

by Anonymousreply 465March 22, 2019 5:33 AM

I just love his character and how he plays along poking fun at the “pretty boy” stereotype that likely follows him everywhere.

Really curious to see how the “roommate vs bf” situation evolves. One more episode for Matt this year, crossing my fingers for more next year.

by Anonymousreply 466March 22, 2019 5:34 AM

He was very hot tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467March 22, 2019 10:09 AM

I thought it was interesting during the Will & Grace Instagram Q&A that he said again that he didn't think he was attractive

and during his 20s and 30s he hated it when people talked about his looks over his acting and thought he was just "another pretty face" but he thinks they're funny and delusional now when they say that.

Remember when he blocked someone for saying that?

by Anonymousreply 468March 22, 2019 10:20 AM

All pretty people are the same. They constantly obsess about their looks and seek approval for them and then feign modesty. Duckling is no different.

He is playing an insecure duckling on Will and Grace, I wonder if the writers read Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 469March 22, 2019 10:35 AM

And everyone knows if you really want to stroke a pretty person's ego, you compliment them on how funny or clever they are, not how pretty they are. They KNOW they are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 470March 22, 2019 10:59 AM

I call bullshit that he truly doesnt think he is good looking.

by Anonymousreply 471March 22, 2019 12:06 PM

Last night's Will and Grace was laugh out loud funny. Everyone hit their mark. Matt did a great job holding his own with these comedy veterans. This is shaping up to be a good year for him. Papi Chulo is soon to be released and he is getting great reviews. He is absolutely killing it as the tortured hero, Larry Trainor in The Doom Patrol. There was a lot of speculation that an openly gay actor would struggle for acceptance in this genre. Matt's Negative Man seems to be a hit. Appears he will have another interesting character to bring to life as the lead in the new Sinner series. Way to go, Matt.

by Anonymousreply 472March 22, 2019 2:33 PM

R471 I had a friend in college, who was absolutely stunning. Yet he struggled with compliments and acceptance of that fact. He grew up in a home environment where that kind of acknowledgment was not only non existent but actively frowned upon and discouraged. I think Matt knows he is good looking, but is nonetheless conflicted about it; possibly for the same reasons as my college friend. I remember an interview by Viola Davis who starred with him in Travelers. She had nothing but wonderful things to say about him as a human being and talent. One of the things that stood out was her comment that he was beautiful and didn't know it. She then went on to say, as beautiful as he is on the outside is as beautiful as he is on the inside. As a fellow actor, I don't think she would be so easily taken in by the false humility of so many in her business..

by Anonymousreply 473March 22, 2019 2:51 PM

Everyone always says the same thing about Duckling, that he doesn't know he is beautiful. This is bs of course, we know how he obsesses about his creams and makeup and calorie intake. What they mean is that he doesn't not act like how someone who is beautiful would probably act, full of confidence and assertive. Instead, he is retarding, passive duckling, because of the Aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 474March 22, 2019 3:34 PM

Well first of all, I think all of us would agree that the version of ourselves that leaves the house, and the versions of ourselves that we see when we look in the mirror after waking up/after a lazy day at home are COMPLETELY different. I think the time he devotes to spa/working out/skincare/eating right just emphasizes how insecure he really is about how he looks. He definitely comes across as the type of person that doesn't truly believe they're hot, and on top of that he might be a little resentful of his appearance given that he's probably considered "just a pretty face" by a lot of people.

this just makes me think of that instagram post that was shared about how he was insecure before going up to give interviews after winning his golden globe, and he turned to Simon to ask him if he looked alright.

by Anonymousreply 475March 22, 2019 4:13 PM

R474 Well we never have to worry about you not acting like the asshole you are.

by Anonymousreply 476March 22, 2019 4:19 PM

Matt has the "most beautiful skin I have ever seen, like a super hot baby." His skin does look silk like smooth!

by Anonymousreply 477March 22, 2019 5:16 PM

Like a dolphin.

by Anonymousreply 478March 22, 2019 7:21 PM

Does Simon know his husband is pretty?

by Anonymousreply 479March 22, 2019 7:29 PM

R479 I'm sure Simon notices every single day his husband is pretty, as does the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 480March 22, 2019 7:57 PM

His skin is better than when he was young. Just saw some pics on Instagram. He is even prettier now.

by Anonymousreply 481March 22, 2019 9:01 PM

[quote]He definitely comes across as the type of person that doesn't truly believe they're hot, and on top of that he might be a little resentful of his appearance given that he's probably considered "just a pretty face" by a lot of people.

I don't know how many times he has to say it before people believe it.

I remember that interview where he drew a clear line between what people think about him and what he thinks about himself when he was asked if that has hurt him.

He knows people think he's attractive, but if he truly thought he was attractive not only would his behavior over the past few decades been different but he probably wouldn't try as hard to stay that way. He also probably wouldn't be as generally nice. He doesn't come across as someone who has an inflated sense of self importance.

I also found that passage from the Vanity Fair interview when he was asked about it:

[quote][bold]Do you find that your looks have limited you in a way? Have you had to overcome that because you are just gorgeous, and no one’s going to argue with that?[/bold]

[quote]Well, it’s very hard for me to weigh in on it completely objectively because I don’t think of myself in that light. I don’t say that just to be faux humble. I really don’t. Maybe because I was raised in a very conservative Christian household, where you were never really allowed to be sort of egotistical in that way. I don’t really perceive myself that way, so it has definitely been frustrating when I’ve gotten that feedback, or it’s limited an opportunity, or whatever I’m hearing through the grapevine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482March 22, 2019 9:41 PM

R479 I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons he's his husband

by Anonymousreply 483March 23, 2019 12:03 AM

I appreciate that being that attractive doesn't make him behave like a douchebag, like Armie Hammer does. Matt is very self aware, well prepared and always says the right thing. I just love him.

by Anonymousreply 484March 23, 2019 1:24 AM

R484 Armie Hammer has aged 15 years in the past 2 years, he hasn't been attractive since he filmed CMBYN lol so really he's just a douchebag, period. Agree with your comments about Matt though.

by Anonymousreply 485March 23, 2019 1:30 AM

Armie Hammer isn’t a douchebag because he is attractive, he’s a douchebag because he’s an heir.

by Anonymousreply 486March 23, 2019 1:32 AM

This is the kind of content you see on the Instagram of someone who truly knows they're attractive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487March 23, 2019 1:50 AM

And he is nowhere near as attractive as Matt. We would never see Matt sending shirtless selfies.

by Anonymousreply 488March 23, 2019 1:54 AM

Imagine Matt instagramming Simon with him like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489March 23, 2019 1:55 AM

His old friend from school and later roommate regularly posts pictures like this & from the gym showing off his muscles and people think he's hot.

When Matt posted from that ice bath place he kept the camera at chest level, you couldn't even see his nipples & when he posted that video of the makeup he was getting on Doom Patrol he kept the camera at a level where you couldn't see his chest and cut out the video until it came back and his chest was already covered.

Sure he'll strip if he's being forced to by a director AND he's being paid. I'm just saying, maybe he doesn't think he's hot and is image conscious. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490March 23, 2019 2:06 AM

One can be a narcissist without being an exhibitionist dear.

by Anonymousreply 491March 23, 2019 2:09 AM

He doesn't think himself pretty, does he recognize other people's attractive or not? Does he think Simon's hot ?

by Anonymousreply 492March 23, 2019 3:38 AM

People know when they are good looking. I'm sure he's aware that he's got very good looks but he's extremely media trained so he's aware of not playing them up or downplaying them to avoid being put in a narrow box. Even extremely good looking people have big insecurities so he's probably no different. I think a lot of his fans forget about what they see and hear in interviews is all PR-influenced. He knows what brand/image he has and he's stuck to that religiously for years.

He's never been the type to post any too thirsty on his IG. Probably because his family, Simon's family follow him or something to that effect.

R492 er there's a huge difference between being modest about your own looks and what you find attractive in other people. Of course he recognizes other people's attractiveness-he regulary leaves comments/emojis on friend's posts when they post photo shoot pics or general selfies.

Simon is a handsome guy but he's looks like a normal non-Hollywood 55 year old. Pics/vids of him 10 years ago show him being very handsome.

by Anonymousreply 493March 23, 2019 5:43 AM

[quote]I think a lot of his fans forget about what they see and hear in interviews is all PR-influenced. He knows what brand/image he has and he's stuck to that religiously for years.

I don't think anyone here isn't aware of that. However he has, in recent years, gone out of his way on a few rare occasions to emphasize when something he's saying is him actually being honest because he knows he needs to. That's one of those topics. Him mentioning that Doom Patrol is actually really good is another one.

[quote]He's never been the type to post any too thirsty on his IG. Probably because his family, Simon's family follow him or something to that effect.

Do you know any gay men? They care at all. Adam Rippon's mother and siblings follow him and he'll still post his naked ass. That's very normal. Rob Lowe will posts old shirtless pics from his youth while his kids comment and make fun of him. People also don't have any clue who is following them on instagram.

The idea that he'd be the gay man that would think about that as being an issue says something in and of itself especially when you could Google him and see him naked while he's already been worked out and made up. It's about more than "kids" seeing it. He obviously just doesn't feel comfortable outside of the right conditions and when he's being paid.

[quote]Of course he recognizes other people's attractiveness-he regulary leaves comments/emojis on friend's posts when they post photo shoot pics or general selfies.

Anyone can recognize when someone else is "attractive" and offer encouragement/approval but there's a difference between that and what you personally want to sleep with. There's also the idea of having a long term emotional connection with someone. That tends to make people more attractive in your eyes.

I remember when he was spotted in Atlanta one day, flew to Los Angeles for Simon's birthday the next day, then flew back to Atlanta the following day when he was spotted again. That's love.

by Anonymousreply 494March 23, 2019 7:13 AM

R494 I do think a lot of his super fans really don't get how orchestrated interviews are. While he's had moments of honesty, he's never said anything remotely in-depth or anything that truly scratches the surface. He's very intentional and deliberate in interviews and is careful not to offend. I saw fans complaining about paparazzi pics of him and Simon on vacation and I was like "er, you do realise that was organised by publicists and the pics appeared in one of the most pr-friendly websites online?'. They've probably taken numerous vacations and never been photographed because they didn't want to be. Why else do you think you never see more pics of him with the kids? While there are paparazzi who do just follow celebs and take pics whenever they want, most celebs do deals with media outlets so that they'll let them photograph them at certain times but they'll be left alone while family etc.

Also, way to stereotype much R494. I know plenty of gay men who does post thirst pics on IG because they'd be embarrassed. Don't tar everyone with the same brush. He could have several reasons for not wanting to post those kind of pics-I was just suggesting one.

Well the least you would expect of a partner is to try show up to birthdays and special occasions, especially in Matt's case where he probably misses out of birthdays/anniversaries/school events due to work commitments.

by Anonymousreply 495March 23, 2019 8:12 AM

[quote]I do think a lot of his super fans really don't get how orchestrated interviews are. While he's had moments of honesty, he's never said anything remotely in-depth or anything that truly scratches the surface.

I feel like if you're bloody well here you're not completely daft. As for those other people, even when people were going on and on about those Magic Mike beach pics, few mentioned that the only reason the photographers were there on a set was because they were invited. I don't usually follow his fan conversations but I think most non-super fans knew they were setups.

It is true, I don't keep track of what his hardcore fans are saying but anyone that grew up in the social media/maximum celebrity information age knows that those things are setups and that would explain why some of them didn't since I know they trend older.

There are also better ways to handle saying, "I don't believe I'm attractive." He's Matt Bomer. He has to know it sounds disingenuous. He could have used the old, "It's all diet an exercise!" a simple, "Thank you" or even, "You should see me in the morning!" Who knows! But I don't think we can assume everything he has said is a lie. If he's stuck with that excuse this long there may be some truth to it.

[quote]Also, way to stereotype much [R494]. I know plenty of gay men who does post thirst pics on IG because they'd be embarrassed.

Are any of them celebrities? Any of them look like Matt Bomer or any of the men mentioned in this thread?

[quote]He could have several reasons for not wanting to post those kind of pics-I was just suggesting one.

R495, and I was saying that's probably not the right one because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

by Anonymousreply 496March 23, 2019 8:42 AM

[quote]He could have used the old, "It's all diet an exercise!" a simple, "Thank you" or even, "You should see me in the morning!"

He could be cute and chuckle saying “You may think that but ask Simon what I look like first thing in the morning”.

by Anonymousreply 497March 23, 2019 9:08 AM

R496 I was referring to fans in general, not people specifically on this site so calm down. You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't realise the full extent of the smoke and mirrors of interviews/appearances/public images.

The guy has been told for years he's attractive so he's probably used to it by now but it's a tricky question to navigate in interviews as pretty much all actors want to be valued for their talent and body of work. Who in their right minds eants to talk about their own looks in the middle of an interview too? Its an incredibly awkwatd situation. No one wants to have to do it. He's never been one to overshare on social media so that probably explains why he never shares those kind of pics. It's not a big deal anyway, he shares photo shoot pics where he looks extremely attractive.

R496 I was asked did I know any gay men, not gay celebrities so again, calm down.

by Anonymousreply 498March 23, 2019 9:11 AM

The point is that he obviously knows people find him attractive, but maybe he doesn't buy into the hype. Or he maybe just genuinely doesn't agree. Whatever the case is, he definitely isn't conceited or overly into himself like a lot of men are.

by Anonymousreply 499March 23, 2019 2:20 PM

He won't even acknowledge you on Twitter with a like unless you're talking about his acting and not his looks. That don't impress him much. lol His actions there and on his gram seem to support him not buying into the hype. So it's not just words, there's action behind them. It's not like when he says he loves being a parent and then "backs up the moving van" for 10 months out of 12. loll

by Anonymousreply 500March 24, 2019 12:02 PM

“He’s so not conceited” sez fangurls on man whose skin repels water

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501March 24, 2019 12:40 PM

It's fairly obvious he looks after his skin and body extremely well, considering he's barely aged in years. He's an actor in Hollywood so it's pretty much a thing to ensure you look good. Nearly everyone who's on TV/film/modelling invests heavily on staying looking good and young.

"Loves being a parent" but will readily move out of the house for any indie movie that comes along. The luxury of having paid help to raise the kids.

Is Doom Patrol still filming? I feel like it's been filming for a year now.

by Anonymousreply 502March 24, 2019 2:46 PM

Did he go for wine tour with Simon when boys were in school? That's nice they spend quality time with each other.

by Anonymousreply 503March 25, 2019 11:37 AM

matts lucky to have the hubby, im told he fuks and sucks matts asshole like no one else can. and boy howdy, is that guy lucky to plunder and munch on the best bubble ass in town.:: matts...... FREAKS FOREVER YEA.

who wants see the home vids, and I don't mean the ones of them with their adorable sons. man they lucked out. all 3 are hum dingers huh.

by Anonymousreply 504March 25, 2019 11:52 AM

In what way has Matt's autism contributed to his perfect skin?

by Anonymousreply 505March 25, 2019 12:21 PM

if I could be simon for one magic night and suck out matt's fantastique bubble ass hole out , I would die a happy girl.

by Anonymousreply 506March 25, 2019 2:32 PM

R505 he tones and moisturizes every part of his face on the 28 minute mark of every hour

by Anonymousreply 507March 25, 2019 2:49 PM

Why he doesn't share his skincare tips to Simon...Simon's skin looks like 70

by Anonymousreply 508March 25, 2019 6:41 PM

R508 clearly Simon hasn't had any work done. He's not in the spotlight so he probably isn't obsessed about looking young. Matt obviously gets expensive and regular treatments to keep his skin looking the way it is. Takes a lot of work to stay looking that young once you pass the 40 mark

by Anonymousreply 509March 25, 2019 7:13 PM

I appreciate that Simon hasn't had any plastic surgery, and he's actually aging gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 510March 25, 2019 7:38 PM

Same, R510. He's quite attractive and there's nothing wrong with looking your age.

by Anonymousreply 511March 25, 2019 7:48 PM

I think Simon looks sexy as hell!

by Anonymousreply 512March 25, 2019 8:02 PM

In addition to genetics, Matt's general attractiveness and skin tone may have as much to do with internal factors as well as external. He seems pretty devoted to a clean diet, with tons of hydration as well.

by Anonymousreply 513March 25, 2019 8:02 PM

He character was so cringe on Will & Grace. In a good way of course. He does comedy well surprisingly. The episode had every other character drooling over him. Funny

by Anonymousreply 514March 25, 2019 8:07 PM

The cast seems to love Matt! My friend went to see them shooting live said everyone on site went to take pic and kiss him...one of the producer kissed him on the lips.

by Anonymousreply 515March 26, 2019 3:17 AM

R515 flirty Matt at it again. I'd say he's a shitty husband who probably takes advantage of Simon.

by Anonymousreply 516March 26, 2019 6:33 AM

He does seem to be a flirt, but who can blame him? he married up young and he's hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 517March 26, 2019 6:43 AM

simon so lucky, even if he has to share matts hole with other, he still gets to suk it out a lot....

by Anonymousreply 518March 26, 2019 7:49 AM

R515, That's normal when you work on productions with a gay element. Art people are very touchy/huggy/kissy. Older gay men love to do the quick lip kiss as a greeting. I also remember Billy Porter greeting him on the red carpet and kissing him on both cheeks, once at the start of the convo and then once at the end then Matt ran away. It was kind of funny.

There were so many pictures of him with the crew when he shot his first episode. I remember that one adorable one where a girl said she was going to date his son when he got older. I guess they were talking about his kids.

R513, I wonder what his breath is like if he's chugging green drinks all day.

by Anonymousreply 519March 26, 2019 10:59 AM

I didn't mean he was flirty that people on the set of Will and Grace kissed him. I meant he was very welcomed and liked among the crew. My friend also said when he didn't have a scene, he just quietly stand in the back, seems he didn't even have his own assistant, he was by himself most of the time. But the crew were very friendly to him, brought him drinks, and came to talk, hug and kissed him when he was alone.

by Anonymousreply 520March 26, 2019 1:40 PM

R519 Minty fresh with a hint of kale and the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 521March 26, 2019 2:17 PM

r520 shudder

by Anonymousreply 522March 26, 2019 2:31 PM

R520, when you put ellipses after a statement people will think you're implying something because the "..." means that you're not saying or omitting something.

by Anonymousreply 523March 26, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]My friend also said when he didn't have a scene, he just quietly stand in the back, seems he didn't even have his own assistant, he was by himself most of the time.

That must be the autism.

by Anonymousreply 524March 26, 2019 2:44 PM

No I think he was just being lowkey. He didn't want to steal anybody's thunder.

by Anonymousreply 525March 26, 2019 4:01 PM

Ignore the autism troll, please.

by Anonymousreply 526March 26, 2019 7:32 PM

'Older gay men love to do the quick lip kiss as a greeting.'

R519 Of course they do [rolls eyes]

by Anonymousreply 527March 26, 2019 7:33 PM

R527, I worked in theater for many years. They do. Please tell us about your experiences.

by Anonymousreply 528March 26, 2019 9:27 PM

So does Simon likes to kiss people on lips for greeting?? Does Matt ever get jealous?

by Anonymousreply 529March 26, 2019 10:05 PM

I doubt people who have been together as long as them, live together, and parent 3 kids together are insecure over a peck on the lips.

by Anonymousreply 530March 26, 2019 10:10 PM

David Beckham kissed Elton John on the lips when they ran into each other at Harry and Meghan's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 531March 26, 2019 10:15 PM

This is turning into "Matt exchanges [bold]sexy tongue kisses[/bold] with Producers [bold]&[/bold] Crew in front of [bold]Live Studio Audiences!!! as the cast and crew looked on![/bold] What will his [bold]HUSBAND[/bold] think!!!" way too fast. Next the crew will have taken turns feeling him up while pouring vodka down his throat as Debra Messing gyrates over his bulging crotch!

This is worse than when Matt doesn't wear his wedding ring in the morning. Maybe he takes it off when he's doing the dishes, taking a shower or working out because you're supposed to! "No, no, they're breaking up!"

Sometimes people give friendly kisses. Sometimes gay men do it. Sometimes straight men do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 26, 2019 11:13 PM

imagine the hot young whores simon mus have access to.....wow

by Anonymousreply 533March 26, 2019 11:46 PM

I am curious Matt jealous more or Simon jealous more if they ever get jealous

by Anonymousreply 534March 26, 2019 11:58 PM

R534 Matt

by Anonymousreply 535March 27, 2019 12:10 AM

Definitely Matt R534

by Anonymousreply 536March 27, 2019 12:17 AM

Wonder how Matt act when he is jealous!

by Anonymousreply 537March 27, 2019 1:19 AM

Oh great fraus shitposting!

I can’t wait til Matt cheats again.

by Anonymousreply 538March 27, 2019 1:24 AM

Is Matt's trench furry?

by Anonymousreply 539March 27, 2019 1:30 AM

Matt isn't the type would cheat. I think Simon has higher chance cheating, but he is older and more occupied with work and kids looks like.

by Anonymousreply 540March 27, 2019 1:31 AM

Anybody know when the Sinner starts filming?

by Anonymousreply 541March 28, 2019 4:26 PM

R541, one year they filmed June through the beginning of August which would fit in with him having to start Doom Patrol in August.

It's only 8 episodes a season.

by Anonymousreply 542March 28, 2019 5:12 PM

R542 Thanks,, I was wondering how he would fit it in with the Doom Patrol schedule.

by Anonymousreply 543March 28, 2019 10:32 PM

Have you guys seen Matt in person? How does he look?

by Anonymousreply 544March 29, 2019 12:29 AM

R544 many people have. If you go through a few of the previous threads you'll get a good indication of what he looks like in person. I saw him at the stage door after his play and he looked pretty good (the same as in pictures). His was wearing make up but he looks younger than his age. Only thing I noticed was that he has such a small frame-was incredibly skinny.

by Anonymousreply 545March 29, 2019 4:01 AM

My friend said Simon is tall and big

by Anonymousreply 546March 29, 2019 8:04 AM

R544, Most of us met him or saw him in person when he was on Broadway since he came out after nearly every performance of the play to sign autographs even when others didn't. People saw him a lot in the theater district, walking around alone in Hell's Kitchen, out and about during Pride with his husband and kids, or walking around near the apartment he and Simon have in NY or with his kids and husband around it or alone. He was nice to every person who talked to him.

R545's description is perfect. He was much skinnier than I'd imagined. Less ethereal looking, more hot boy next door but a head turner. Tons of makeup but he had just been on stage. A few weeks later saw Simon standing around on the other side of the theater and he was taller than I thought he'd be & bigger than Matt. I was scared so I kept moving but other fans said he was nice.

by Anonymousreply 547March 29, 2019 11:31 AM

ran into matt near times square a month ago, words cannot describe the hot vibe he emits, face like a sex god angel and his tight ass was begging for a kiss. we hugged, he lingered, I placed his hand on my hung dick. a quick kiss, and it was over.

matt contact me via the club Hunters.... ask for billy. we can sing songs and then fuk in the basement ….. PLEASE HONEY

by Anonymousreply 548March 29, 2019 2:52 PM

I have seen Duckling briefly in LA. His massive head sort of bobbles above his compact body but that is pretty common for actors. His skin has that otherworldly glow from too much maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 549March 29, 2019 3:20 PM

Ran into him years ago on line to a jazz club in Manhattan, when he was still on White Collar. It was cold and his cheeks were flushed. He didn't appear to be wearing make up. The flush of his cheeks made the blueness of his eyes really stand out, despite wearing glasses. We were all bundled up so couldn't tell much about his frame, but he was drop dead gorgeous in this casual unassuming way.

by Anonymousreply 550March 29, 2019 4:12 PM

Simon is BIG BIG, I want to know how big!

by Anonymousreply 551March 29, 2019 5:44 PM

how big??

by Anonymousreply 552March 29, 2019 10:48 PM

Has anyone talked to Simon? Any of the fans speak to him outside the theatre last year or at the film festival in London? What was he like?

by Anonymousreply 553March 30, 2019 6:43 PM

My friend talked to Simon, she said he was nice and you can easily tell he is very smart.

by Anonymousreply 554March 30, 2019 10:10 PM

It's rare to see him having making out scene with men. He had quite a few in this Doom Patrol series.

by Anonymousreply 555April 1, 2019 10:28 PM

Now we know why he was in Atlanta for months. He's definitely not just a "voice." He's either been in flashbacks, played him in makeup or played him in the present day without his bandages in "dream" sequences.

He's been physically in most of the episodes so far and it looks like he gets to sing next episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556April 2, 2019 7:54 AM

His Instagram follower has been increased in a much faster speed lately, I guess mostly due to this Doom Patrol series.

by Anonymousreply 557April 2, 2019 1:49 PM

R557 being on Will & Grace and Doom Patrol at the same time probably has boosted that IG following. Will most likely be the same if Doom Patrol gets a worldwide release and when The Sinner airs. IG is a much better medium for promo too. It seems to be his preferred social media platform.

by Anonymousreply 558April 2, 2019 8:30 PM

Hope to see his IG follower hits 1MM soon.

by Anonymousreply 559April 3, 2019 1:41 AM

Has The Sinner already started filming? He was spotted in NYC last week. Or is he working on something else?

by Anonymousreply 560April 4, 2019 5:29 AM

Link R560?

by Anonymousreply 561April 4, 2019 8:48 AM

You need Google translate but the tweet says they saw him in New York (I think it says he was filming).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562April 4, 2019 11:51 AM

R562, it's possible but it's also possible they were recalling something that happened before.

They have their tweet location on and it says they tweeted it from Frankfurt, Germany.

by Anonymousreply 563April 4, 2019 1:44 PM

Do you all think his blue eyes charming? Andrew Rannells said in one of his podcast a couple years ago that he thought "when the eyes got too blue it looked like a person had no soul."

by Anonymousreply 564April 4, 2019 3:30 PM

Can eyes be charming?

I think he has pretty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 565April 4, 2019 5:42 PM

R563 hmmm perhaps it was in reference to a previous sighting of him. Who knows. He seemed a bit more quieter on social media the last week or so so I figured he may have been working on something.

His eyes are are quite pretty. Nice deep blue shade.

by Anonymousreply 566April 4, 2019 7:11 PM

If I wasn’t the Duckling troll I would swear the Duckling troll was writing the part of McCoy on Will and Grace.

by Anonymousreply 567April 5, 2019 1:46 AM

Matt's eyes are very beautiful and kind. Lovely shade of blue. Some blue eyes can look soulless (Alexandria Daddario's are beautiful but freak me out a little bit) but Matt's are definitely not in that category.

by Anonymousreply 568April 5, 2019 2:34 PM

A scene from the latest episode of Doom Patrol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569April 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Good article but the parts about the streaming service and viewership is pretty bleak. Surely DC will let Netflix or a TV station air it once the season is done so that it has a wider reach. Considering it has gotten positive reviews it would make more sense to release the first season worldwide to ensure the second season gets more buzz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570April 5, 2019 6:35 PM

That portion of the article, is a bit alarmist. DC Universe has about 4 more shows that are in production and it just started last September of 2018.

The service hasn't even been in service for a year yet!

Hulu has been around since 2007. Netflix started streaming that same year. Amazon started around the same time in one incarnation or another but didn't kick it into high gear until 2011. Not even Disney will reach their numbers in the first year and they haven't even launched yet.

It's sad that not a lot of people are watching it (and these companies are going to learn that people have a limit to how many services they will buy) but the show isn't going to go anywhere. That's a good thing because eventually DC will make more partnerships and probably get it on Netflix over the summer, if not in the US then overseas everywhere.

The good thing about streaming is that there's always time to discover a streaming show.

by Anonymousreply 571April 5, 2019 8:11 PM

Matt is killing it on Doom Patrol. I’m still smiling at the thought of Danny The Street.

by Anonymousreply 572April 6, 2019 3:02 AM

The DC Universe shows are not going on Netflix US. They will be included with WarnerMedia’s streaming service when that is launched later this year.

by Anonymousreply 573April 6, 2019 3:06 AM

He’s acting the shit out of these characters killing it on Will n Grace and also Doom Patrol

by Anonymousreply 574April 6, 2019 11:46 PM

Last episode of Doom Patrol was amazing. And yeah, Matt is killing it as Negative Man.

by Anonymousreply 575April 7, 2019 12:18 AM

I’m really surprised by how much I like Doom Patrol. The writing is great and these characters have depth. Obviously I’m biased towards Matt, but Larry Trainor has really grown on me. Danny Patrol was terrific and Matt just shined, that musical number was everything.. Good to hear they are being brought into Warner.

by Anonymousreply 576April 7, 2019 3:46 AM

I haven't seen a single negative opinion about the show. The karaoke scene was great - the gradual build up to feeling of belonging, comraderie and being part of something and the cut back to Larry in bandages. Really well done from acting to choice of song.

by Anonymousreply 577April 7, 2019 2:02 PM

Sorry but there were way too many "fans" who were upset that he was doing Will & Grace or Doom Patrol and thought the shows were beneath him and now they're singing a different tune.

Both of those roles have allowed him to do things that no director ( Ryan Murphy) has ever really allowed him to do and he is excellent in both of them.

He's doing what he likes to do and it has paid off with new fans and people seeing what a great/versatile actor he is when given the chance and he seems to be continuing that trend by going dark in his new "Sinner" role.

by Anonymousreply 578April 7, 2019 4:47 PM

R578 Even if a some of his fans weren't happy he was doing those roles, they'll still tweet and post in support of him because they want to get likes and responses. Fans can bitch all they want, it's his career he can do what he likes with it.

I do think some probably thought that having a supporting role was sad for someone who had been the lead in his own show for 6 years and was a lead for a short lived show only two years ago but probably most don't realise that you have up and down years in acting. Some years you get really great opportunities and others you will have smaller roles. He's done solid work since TLT was cancelled and now he's the lead again for a decent TV series and is playing a good part in a DC show.

I'm sure he probably wishes he could have bigger roles but we don't know what goes on behind the scenes or how many parts his gone for and been turned down for.

by Anonymousreply 579April 7, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote]Good to hear they are being brought into Warner.

Unless Sarah Aubrey said something new in the past month or so, there's no word on this at all.

The service doesn't even have an official name yet and they were still staffing it last month!

(And I hear their first task is to get their shows back from the CW including their back catalog. That contract ends later on this year. Along with any of their shows that have been airing on TV including the Big Bang Theory's old episodes.)

The new thread (since this one is almost done) is at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580April 7, 2019 5:36 PM

Really looking forward to his work on the The Sinner. It will give him the opportunity to fully dig into a complicated character arc with a great director and set of writers. Also playing with a talented actor like Pullman just elevates it. I especially like the whydunnit aspect of the show, much more interesting and challenging than your conventional whodunnit crime series.

I don’t have a link, but I read recently there is talk to have DC streaming come under the umbrella of the proposed Warner service. Might have been pure speculation. That being said, Doom Patrol is too great a show not to have a wider audience. Matt’s Larry Trainor may be the best written and acted gay character on the small screen right now.

by Anonymousreply 581April 7, 2019 6:44 PM

R578 I was one of these fans at; I was disappointed he decided not to direct what was looking like good TV Series in order to act in 'Doom Patrol'. I admit I did not expect the writers would come up with such strong material. I am usually bored to death with superhero movies - their plots are predictable, character do not develop, and the jokes sound like they were written by army of tumblr powered fans - and this series were looking like a cheap version of them. I should have trusted Matt more ;).

by Anonymousreply 582April 7, 2019 7:49 PM

R583 he said himself that he wouldn't have done the show if it was the same procedural superhero show that they usually do for TV. He's noted a few times in interviews that he chooes his roles carefully. During one interview he said he got a offers to do roles that were similar to White Collar and he didn't want to box himself in to that those types of parts. At this stage in his career in guessing he wants to do varied work.

by Anonymousreply 583April 7, 2019 8:19 PM

R597, Oh yes, exactly. Matt has said it himself multiple times, White Collar was a once in a life time opportunity for an actor. He once went as far as to say that they all knew it from the cast because they had all been on shows that failed before and they knew it might not happen again after it.

Most actors don't get to be the lead on one [italic]successful[/italic] show and of those who do, [italic]they don't normally get to do it more than once. [/italic]

Even Eric McCormick had/has Will & Grace but it wasn't until his 50s until he got to do Travelers and even that only lasted three seasons and it was much more of an ensemble. Debra Messing had "The Mysteries of Laura" but that only lasted a couple of seasons. Julianna Margulies was on ER for a few years as a part of a large group and it was years before she got The Good Wife. Even out of the cast of Friends, years later, only a couple of them have had more than one series that they were the lead on. Not everyone gets to be Julia Louis-Dreyfuss who has had 3 shows.

by Anonymousreply 584April 8, 2019 1:56 AM

R585 very true. Most TV actors don't jump from lead role to lead all the time, especially after they've done a show for a number of years. In Matt's case, he finished White Collar in 2014, then joined AHS as one of the main characters in 2015, then did the pilot for TLT in 2016 and then the series in 2017. He was contracted to that show so he was limited to what else he could do TV-wise. When it got cancelled he already committed to directing and the play in 2018 so he chances of getting a big role last year where slim. He picked up work with Will & Grace and Doom Patrol and now has The Sinner. Unless an actor is A-list, they're not going to have massive roles every single time they a gig.

by Anonymousreply 585April 8, 2019 4:40 AM

Simon will be part of a discussion on LGBTQ representation in Hollywood at the Tribeca Film Festival in May.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 9, 2019 9:12 PM

Matt ‘s agent Joe Machota will also be on the panel. Among him, Simon and Huvane they probably represent all of gay Hollywood. Should be an interesting discussion.

by Anonymousreply 587April 9, 2019 10:41 PM

I want to kiss Matt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588April 10, 2019 4:27 AM

The line starts way over there...

by Anonymousreply 589April 10, 2019 8:20 AM

I hear his kisses taste like champagne wish a splash of moonlight.

by Anonymousreply 590April 10, 2019 2:26 PM

When will that Papi Chulo movie come out in US?

by Anonymousreply 591April 11, 2019 5:50 AM

John Butler said 7th June is the US release date for Papi Chulo. Roughly the same for Europe.

by Anonymousreply 592April 11, 2019 9:27 AM

Oh wow, it's gonna be a while before we see him on screen a lot again.

by Anonymousreply 593April 11, 2019 2:42 PM

And presumably thanks to Simon for the great Jude Law white Speedo pictures. That's a service to the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 594April 11, 2019 4:26 PM

The director of the tv series is responsible for the white speedo, silly. They are shooting a scene for The Young Pope.

by Anonymousreply 595April 11, 2019 4:47 PM

Do you think Jude Law is hotter than Matt?

by Anonymousreply 596April 11, 2019 5:01 PM

But is it the young pope publicist who invited a photographer and interested world media or Jude's publicist one Simon Halls?

by Anonymousreply 597April 11, 2019 5:06 PM

It may have been the studio's unit publicist or just the paparazzi who show up in Italy at the drop of a hat.

by Anonymousreply 598April 11, 2019 5:10 PM

Simon hasn't been Jude Law's PR for a long while. I think Jude Law switched PR agency a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 599April 11, 2019 5:49 PM

OMG Jude Law fired Simon? That would make my heart smile.

by Anonymousreply 600April 11, 2019 6:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!