Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer and Simon Halls Part 11

More .... everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 17, 2019 12:19 PM

OP do you prefer that look or the makeup gun look?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2019 11:07 AM

Natural look is definitely better.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2019 1:05 PM

Why are gay men so vain. As a straight woman I have never understood the appeal of looking like a plastic male barbie. Aging naturally is sexy with a little wrinkles and lines on a guy is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2019 1:22 PM

To continue from the prev thread, he has spoken about how coming out has limited his opportunities but in his interview with Pete Dominik, he said that he used to do screen tests for superheroes all the time, and then when he came out, that just dried up. Until Negative Man. So he has not been considered from 2012 to now...and this is probably only because the character of Negative Man is gay.

If this is how Hollywood works, why would you ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2019 1:36 PM

Love him, but all the makeup and skincare he does is gonna make him and Simon stand out like a sore thumb. Simon has thinning white hair, and wrinkled skin- which is natural given his age, meanwhile Matt kinda looks like a creepy, porcelain Ken doll.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2019 1:42 PM

Creepy ken doll can't pass as straight. He has gay bottom face for days.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2019 1:49 PM

R4 The Pete Dominik interview was really interesting, purely down to his style of interviewing. He's very straightforward and blunt and you could tell Matt wasn't as comfortable with this style of interviewing. Now he answered the questions and gave some good information but you could tell it wasn't a hugely relaxed interview.

When he full out refused to give an example of when people in the community gave him a hard time was very striking. Although I did love how he said their oldest son hates when people stop them when they're out. Fair.

Is Simon in New York? Kinda seems like Matt's going solo to the Tonys this evening. Although it would be strange that Simon isn't there considered he looks after the PR for the even along with some colleagues. Plus 3 or 4 of his clients are nominated too.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2019 2:13 PM

R7, Definitely, at first he was a bit more relaxed and then once he started hitting him with more serious questions you could feel that he was getting uncomfortable and more than a couple of times he went back to his usual roster of stories to try and re-center the interview.

Him flat out refusing to even give an example was pretty jarring since he doesn't usually refuse to answer questions. However, I also think it's clear at this point that he hates that particular topic and he usually cuts it off. He's even said that he hates that (lost opportunities and problems from him coming out) topic.

But after that Pete Dominik backed off a bit.

To Matt's credit he handled it very well.

I'd like to hear him go on a show like "WTF with Marc Maron" who is pretty off the cuff BUT very respectful of people and not aggressive at all.

by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2019 3:10 PM

R8 I don't think he was expecting the questioning to be so direct and blunt. I don't think I've ever seen or read an interview with Matt where he's been asked questions so bluntly with follow up questions to his answers. Dominik did elude to the fact that he doesn't have much actors on the show and think he was trying to suggest that mosy actors aren't great interviewees (media trained/coached by publicists). Matt really wasn't expecting the "oh did you guys adopt?". I think if Dominik asked a follow up to that he would have refused to answer that too.

You can totally tell Matt hates answering that "how did coming out affect your career question?". It's much just be a horrible thing to have to essentially say; "yeah studios won't hire me for big mainstream projects". Equally he probably doesn't want to drag studios or execs in fear of completely shutting off any potential future chances he may get.

I'd like to hear him on Marc Marmons WTF podcast. He's a good mix of keeping it light but asking insightful questions. I think Matt opens up more when he's relaxed with the interviewer and when he thinks the interviewer isn't trying to catch him out.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2019 3:51 PM

Sorry which interview are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2019 3:53 PM

R10 He did on interview on Stand Up with Pete Dominik on Sirius XM on Wed/Thurs.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2019 4:05 PM

You can find that and a couple of his other Sirus appearances on the Sirius XM website but it won't let me direct link.

Someone should send this to that Matt Bomer site woman to archive it since Sirius regularly goes through hosts.

And there were some interviews he did with other hosts that are gone now since the hosts are gone or on new shows.

Just search "Matt Bomer" in the search bar and they should all come up. You don't have to have a subscription, just click the listen now button.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2019 5:17 PM

r12 she has already - go to her twitter feed.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2019 5:22 PM

R13, Oh, I don't use that thing. I should!

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2019 5:25 PM

Linda couple Matt and Simon.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2019 5:28 PM

Shout out to Pete for not giving a fuck, I wish more interviewers would be like this. It saved us from having to listen to the same boring answers from Matt.

by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2019 5:36 PM

R17 it's most likely the reason he doesn't interview many actors lol too media trained. Matt was fine during the interview but you did feel he was a little uncomfortable with the pace and direction of questioning. Odd that he'd gone onto a show like that as it's most definitely not his preferred type of interview.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2019 5:57 PM

R17, He normally goes on whatever show Larry Flick is hosting (and Frank DeCaro is gone) but it's not surprising that he didn't go on his show this time after he was finally forced to talk about "Anything" when he dropped in unscheduled last time. He did say in another unrelated to Sirius interview that he does listen to Sirius satellite radio in his car so it's possible he had heard the show and before. He implied that he had during the interview but he probably didn't expect the line of questioning.

It seemed a little too "force an intimate conversation with someone you don't know" which was different than the Homophilia interview where he opened up to the guys because he felt safe and had met them previously. They also paused and let him keep talking to fill in the gaps. Also I think he may have come across more open during that interview since the guys were in Papi Chulo and they all had a shared interest in promoting the movie and making him look good. He knew they weren't going to ambush him.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2019 6:14 PM

R12 what’s her Twitter? It’s not playing for me on the website.

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2019 7:01 PM

R13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2019 7:03 PM

Sorry, that link is for R19

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2019 7:04 PM

R18 Despite the bluntness of the questioning, it was still a good insight into how Matt is like in those situations and those tricky questions. He really is so careful about what he says or how he comes across. He knows the image he has and he really isn't going to rock the boat at all. He does flourish better in more relaxed environments when he knows it won't be too in-depth.

The stuff about his kids in that interview was funny. Never understood people who approach celebrities when they are with their kids. I wouldn't blame Kit for getting annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2019 7:25 PM

r19 :

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2019 8:34 PM

He’s never going to take a photo with his own kid, is he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2019 11:06 PM

R24 that is his own kid. period.

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2019 11:24 PM

Henry is so cute!

by Anonymousreply 26June 10, 2019 12:41 AM

Simon is also there. You can see him with Billy Porter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 10, 2019 12:45 AM

Oh wow! BITB won a Tony!

by Anonymousreply 28June 10, 2019 1:48 AM

Well deserved

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 10, 2019 3:16 AM

I don't know how many of you watched the Tony's last night, but James Corden made a joke about how good looking the cast of TBITB are, and hesaid "I'm looking at Matt Bomer, I'm like technically he and I are the same species."

by Anonymousreply 30June 10, 2019 5:38 PM

So, so, so.... beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 31June 10, 2019 6:03 PM

Do you wanna be Simon or Matt?

by Anonymousreply 32June 10, 2019 9:21 PM

Matt flirting on IG !

by Anonymousreply 33June 10, 2019 9:49 PM

Please, DL, please. STOP WITH THE MATT BOMER THREADS.

I'm begging you.

by Anonymousreply 34June 10, 2019 9:50 PM

R33 link to post?

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2019 11:00 PM

R33 flirting with who?

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2019 11:10 PM

All he has done today is post a pic with Henry and liked pics and comments from The Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2019 11:36 PM

He did a video for pride month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2019 11:39 PM

Henry looked very handsome next to his father. Matt must be very proud!!.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Matt called Simon Zaddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2019 4:15 AM

R40 lol what was the context of that sentence?

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2019 4:58 AM

R41 He was on the Larry Flick podcast talking about Papi Chulo and many other things, including Simon.

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2019 5:02 AM

R41, Matt said that his character in Papi Chulo pretty clearly likes "bears" and then he joked that the character is similar to him in real life but then added that his husband isn't a bear. Larry Flick said that he's married to a "daddy" and Matt said "zaddy." He uses that word all the time on Instagram. Lots of kids use it on Twitter too to refer to a hot older male.

The first part of the interview (it's only about 15 minutes) was pretty normal stuff that he's talked about before. In the last few minutes he finally explained what happened to his "album." Sounded like he was approached by a major record label but he said in not so many words that he turned it down since they'd basically own way too much of it but maybe he'd do it on his own someday independently and mentioned that (partially joking I think) if someone has a band and wants to work with him contact him.

He also said that a full version of the Doom Patrol song he did will be released for Pride to make money for charity. The interview was recorded a few days ago. Until Emily uploads it you can find on the Sirius website but you have to search for "Larry Flick" not "Matt Bomer" as of now.

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2019 5:12 AM

R43 thank you! So interesting about the whole album thing. It's makes sense that he wouldn't want to do an album that was basically made and tailored by a label.

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2019 5:30 AM

Here is the link to the podcast. The last 4 minutes were the interesting part that R43 nicely summarized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2019 6:31 AM

Does he have anymore press stuff planned for Papi Chulo? Looks like he still is in New York. Unclear whether Simon and Henry are still there.

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2019 3:27 PM

He's doing RuPaul's show but that tapes in Los Angeles. He has that fund raiser too out there next week.

He said that he lives in both Los Angeles and NY now on one of his radio interviews this time around. Seems like they kept their place there since both regularly have business in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2019 3:57 PM

R47 yeah I caught that too during the interview. Makes sense considering how often they go back and forth to the city. He could be staying on for a few days in NYC. The family could be gone back to L.A.

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2019 6:52 PM

Just listened to Matt's interview with Larry Flick and that was an eye opener. We have to figure a way to keep Matt on the promotional tour, because he's really revealing some neat stuff. Who knew he was such a big fan of Todrick Hall. The thought of him jamming to Nails, Hair, Hips and Heels is everything. Hope someone takes him up on his collaboration offer to record his music.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2019 6:58 PM

The Sinner series will be recorded in New York? Maybe that's why he will reside in New York

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2019 7:12 PM

R49 I like his theatre and movies recommendation but all music he likes soun awful to me, can he please not record an album? ;)

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2019 7:19 PM

*sounds not soun

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2019 7:22 PM

R50 Most likely. Boys in The Band will film first in L.A. in the next 2/3 weeks so he'll be in L.A. then and will most likely come back to New York in August/September. His IG stores kinda made it seem like he's on his own in NYC. Maybe he's taking few extra days or something.

I wonder will he move out for Boys In The Band filming lol

R49 that interview was good. Him calling Simon a zaddy was hilarious. No hesitation from him there.

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2019 7:25 PM

R53, Yeah, he mentioned it films in July and they just got the script this past week. They're doing it in LA and only doing exteriors in NY but there shouldn't be that many exteriors. As for him being alone, it's hard to know. It's not like he makes a habit of putting Simon and others on his instagram stories. Either way he has to go back within the next few days. He got his mom, sister and their church group in and out of NYC and people only knew during tBitB because he said it. I like how good he is at keeping things to himself.

BitB and the Sinner shouldn't be long shoots and Doom Patrol starts shooting in November.

by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2019 7:44 PM

R54 So it’s confirmed Doom Patrol has been renewed.?

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2019 11:27 PM

R55 No renewal news yet.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2019 11:57 PM

Interview Bill Pullman (The Sinner)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 12, 2019 12:09 AM

Bill Pullman (The Sinner)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 12, 2019 12:28 AM

Bill Pullman (The Sinner)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 12, 2019 12:33 AM

[quote]So it’s confirmed Doom Patrol has been renewed.?

Not "publicly."

by Anonymousreply 60June 12, 2019 12:37 AM

Bill Pullman tells details 3 season "The Sinner".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 12, 2019 1:40 AM

Either he's up late or working really early because he's posted at early/late times the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 62June 12, 2019 9:17 AM

Matt in Chinatown (Manhattan).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 12, 2019 10:27 AM

I like that he looks pretty normal here. A bit of scruff suits him.

by Anonymousreply 64June 12, 2019 10:53 AM

He looks best with a little bit of scruff. Not so plastic.

by Anonymousreply 65June 12, 2019 11:34 AM

He's such a flirt isn't he? You always see guys on Twitter say he flirted with them. At the end of the day, he's got a good set up: a husband that keeps him connected to showrubners/producers while looking after the kids while he swans off for work or extended work holidays for weeks and only rolls out the kids whenever it suits lol He's probably just chilling out in New York now for a few more days on his own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 12, 2019 11:58 AM

Yes, liking someone’s tweets is the equivalent of flirting 🙄 This guy was joking.

by Anonymousreply 67June 12, 2019 12:06 PM

R66 All he did was like a tweet 🤔

by Anonymousreply 68June 12, 2019 12:42 PM

So Matt will be playing opposite an older guy in Sinner. That works.

by Anonymousreply 69June 12, 2019 1:03 PM

You see regular tweets from guys who say he flirted with them at bars etc. He seems like an extremely flirty guy. The stuff with Andrew Rannells last year was kinda jarring, regardless of whether or not anything happened. He held hands with him every night at curtain call too yet he'll never show any affection towards his husband publically. Just pointing it out that he's really flirty lol Equally he talks about spending as much time with his kids but he certainly never rushes back home to them after he's finished promo. Or that he never acknowledges that it's most likely Simon who does most of the heavy lifting with the kids. I know he's very private with his life but that's one thing that always never made sense: how little parenting credit he gives to his husband.

by Anonymousreply 70June 12, 2019 1:07 PM

Matt loves her husband and children, loves her house. He is very kind and people can say that he flirts with them, but in the end his family is everything. With respect to The Sinner, his character will be dark like all the characters in the series in previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 71June 12, 2019 1:28 PM

They say parenting takes a village, but then the village idiot always comes along. The DL giving advice on parenting, lol. We all know this interest in Matt's parenting has absolutely no good faith intent, just another trolling exercise, a lame one at that.

by Anonymousreply 72June 12, 2019 2:21 PM

[quote]Either he's up late or working really early because he's posted at early/late times the last few days.

Or he hasn't adjusted to the time zones? Or he goes to the gym early in his building? Or he has to pee? Or he has insomnia? He's just a normal person like everyone else, you know. lol

[quote] You always see guys on Twitter say he flirted with them.

No, you don't. He liked a tweet that was funny & he liked a tweet that called him incredible in response to an instagram post saying something else is incredible from a guy that lives in Norway, that he doesn't even follow, that rarely tweets in English. They all held hands at curtain, they did during the show because the characters like each other and they were all touchy feely. It's obvious you have an agenda and you just don't like the guy. Please seek help.

by Anonymousreply 73June 12, 2019 2:57 PM

Apparently the whole family is in London! A family vacation I guess because the kids are having summer break now!

by Anonymousreply 74June 12, 2019 3:34 PM

And I hope all you lot who were speculating that Matt had stayed on in New York leaving Simon with the kids are happy now.

by Anonymousreply 75June 12, 2019 3:57 PM

I guess it was not 'really early' when he was posting on SM then?

by Anonymousreply 76June 12, 2019 4:12 PM

R75, that person that posted the entire rant over nothing SMH!

As I said before, he doesn't let everyone know all of his business and I like that.

by Anonymousreply 77June 12, 2019 4:31 PM

That pic looks like Simon with his 4 sons...

by Anonymousreply 78June 12, 2019 5:40 PM

What pic?

by Anonymousreply 79June 12, 2019 5:44 PM

Never mind. He has a couple of cute pics on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2019 5:59 PM

These are the pics R80 is talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2019 6:03 PM

Stupid of him to tag his son's instagram.

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2019 6:06 PM

yeah the kid really doesn't need his dad's frau psycho fans commenting on his photos

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2019 6:42 PM

I don't think Kit mind. His accepting like 300-400 followers for the past months, most of them are Matt's fans.

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2019 6:55 PM

R84 That’s weird. I’d think he’d have a very private account.

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2019 7:06 PM

R85 It was private a month or two ago when Matt first tagged him in a photo but he must have switched to public during that time. He doesn't look as if he's actually engaging with the fans in fairness.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2019 7:16 PM

I'm sure they discussed it, he asked him to and he's had to deal with Matt's fans for years sadly and will always have to.

Simon is a PR expert. He'll keep his eye on it like a hawk for all of their sake.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2019 7:16 PM

wow Kit is really Simon's little twin in that London photo.

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2019 7:18 PM

Andrew doesn't like Matt's Instagram pics anymore

by Anonymousreply 89June 13, 2019 4:44 AM

R89 he liked the pic of the family in London a few hours ago and some pics from last week.

by Anonymousreply 90June 13, 2019 6:30 AM

R70 Don't you know from Matt's interviews that he was flying back and forth NYC - LA on weekly basis, just to spend a day and a half over weekends with the kids? IIRC he said it had lasted for years. Only that fact is enough to consider him devoted father IMO.

by Anonymousreply 91June 13, 2019 7:00 AM

"Was so exciting to meet @MattBomer yesterday, couldn’t believe it! White Collar got me through most of my exams when I was at uni 😂 sorry for interruptor general the start of your gym session Matt and thanks for the photo 😍"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 13, 2019 9:16 PM

R92 working out on vacation! Must be because Boys In The Band is coming up in two or so weeks. He said once that he was so nervous about filming Magic Mike that he went to the gym on his wedding day.

by Anonymousreply 93June 14, 2019 1:00 AM

Guessing they’re keeping the shower scene in the script...

by Anonymousreply 94June 14, 2019 2:03 AM

Matt should always exercise. I want to see it in The Sinner, it's a series that I follow from the first season.

by Anonymousreply 95June 14, 2019 2:42 AM

Or he's working out because he likes working out, even has a gym at his home, is an actor in his 40s & gets judged if he looks even slightly out of sorts in public and has to shoot 4 different projects starting next month this year. 🙄

The last time he went into public after he gained weight people lost their damn minds.

by Anonymousreply 96June 14, 2019 2:45 AM

And he probably had gained the amount of weight the average joe puts on over Thanksgiving weekend. It’s tough to live up to that image of near-perfection.

by Anonymousreply 97June 14, 2019 2:50 AM

When he said "food is fuel not pleasure" it kind of made me sad but I guess that's what you have to do at that level while you celebrate "green drink" day.

by Anonymousreply 98June 14, 2019 3:20 AM

Sure there's nothing wrong with working out on vacation, especially when you are someone who regularly appears on screen. The pressure to look a certain way must be intense.

by Anonymousreply 99June 14, 2019 4:14 AM

Are Matt's fan annoyed at him or something? Saw a few of them saying he was losing fans and confused as to why.

by Anonymousreply 100June 14, 2019 4:48 AM

Matt has a husband, 3 children, a job, he can not give personalized attention to all his fans, apparently that's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 101June 14, 2019 10:14 AM

Oh well I sincerely doubt he puts that much thought into what he likes on social media. Probably just likes whatever he sees first or something that catches his eye. If people are jealous of that one fan who he gets a lot if likes then they really should find other things to worry about than a fab who spends hers days desperately trying to get his attention. A like is only a like. Doesn't mean he wants to be friends or favours one person. The man has a full life and while appreciative of fans, he just considered them fans.

by Anonymousreply 102June 14, 2019 11:49 AM

[quote]Saw a few of them saying he was losing fans and confused as to why.

The makeup gun?

by Anonymousreply 103June 14, 2019 12:56 PM

His follower number on Instagram has grown afyer BITB and Doom Patrol. There are also comments from DP fans on videos promoting Papi Chulo, so I think it is rather other way round - he's gained new fans recently.

by Anonymousreply 104June 14, 2019 2:10 PM

His fans from the White Collar days just seem pissed that he likes a lot of that one fan's posts. Really, it's that person who suffers the most from it as they have probably built up some idea that Matt considers them important or something. They most likely spend their days spamming him with stupid posts so obviously he'll notice. Sad really.

by Anonymousreply 105June 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Have the white collar fans posted something on social media specifically to make you say that? R105

by Anonymousreply 106June 14, 2019 2:33 PM

R106 Not any specific White Collar fan account but there was a thread with all his more long-term fans giving out about it.

by Anonymousreply 107June 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 14, 2019 2:46 PM

Doom Patrol has done very well, I think it can go better, it's a very good series, it has heart. A second season has not yet been confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 109June 14, 2019 3:32 PM

He has about 3 or 4 mental fans that @ him for everything. And there is that one fan who is particularly embarrassing with no sense of self-awareness.

by Anonymousreply 110June 14, 2019 6:35 PM

I think fans forget that it isn't a two-way street with celebrities and that the attention they give stars isn't always recuperated. It is what it is. I wouldn't even read much into what he likes or doesn't like. The only reason he likes tweets from that obsessed fan is because they bombard him with multiple tweets everyday and literally show up to events that he is at, both in Europe and the States. Due to algorithms too their tweets probably are more prominent. I think I'd rather be a casual fan than someone who spends their days deluding themselves they have some sort of connection with a random actor who mosy likely gives little thought to them.

by Anonymousreply 111June 14, 2019 7:15 PM

[quote]Due to algorithms too their tweets probably are more prominent.

Exactly. Certain tweets from certain people get pushed to the top of the listing. Certain tweets get hidden automatically by Twitter depending on content and how much the account tweets. Finally certain tweets from people who he likes a lot will get pushed forward and show up on his time line.

However, to play devil's advocate, a lot of celebs and their teams have done random things for fans that do the most to promote an actor even before Twitter existed. In some ways they can be better than the actor themselves when it comes to managing social media and they're free. He has the person that runs "his" website currently, Jess on Twitter and Emily on Tumblr. He doesn't owe them anything, of course, but it would be nice if he said thank you. They're different than the people that show up to all the events. They're repositories for anything in re: to him and his career and countless fans of the past, present and future do visit their sites.

However, you could argue that him following their accounts was that thank you.

Doesn't seem like enough for some of them though and that is problematic.

by Anonymousreply 112June 14, 2019 8:20 PM

I do not understand why they criticize some fans, Matt can give MG in gratitude to those fans who went to New York to see him in the Tonys, and they went to see his movie, he is very kind. Other fans also do things for him. Matt recognizes them all, I do not know why jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 113June 14, 2019 8:34 PM

It's the normal fan drama really. Many have a sense of entitlement when it comes to celebs and how they interact with them. Some expect celebs to be available 24/7 and notice them online. There could be a number of reasons why Matt only likes a few users (most likely due to alogorithims/frequency if tweets) but many who have met him in real life have said his patient and accommodating he is to fans so just because it may not translate online it's hardly fair to complain about it.

On the flip side, anyone who has seen some of that posters tweets and comments about/to Matt knows how utterly embarrassing/mortifying they are so you would scratch your head as to why Matt isn't more freaked out by them.

by Anonymousreply 114June 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Well there was the fan who nearly killed him while he was crossing the street and then proceeded to tell him how much he meant to them.

I think on the scale of, "I make fan art of you and your husband" to "I nearly murdered you with my vehicle" his scale of what's weird is probably not the same as an outside observers.

He admitted that he stood there and listened to a fan while he was with his husband and kids during a Pride Parade and he was wearing a jock strap which meant his naked ass was out so these woman are probably nothing.

by Anonymousreply 115June 15, 2019 12:53 AM

Saw the movie Papi Chulo today. It’s quite good, but different than I expected from the promos and reviews.

by Anonymousreply 116June 15, 2019 2:27 AM

Because now they released the film?, when all the big studios show their films with big marketing campaigns, it's like the suicide of a small independent film.

by Anonymousreply 117June 15, 2019 3:09 AM

R117 Small indie films are always going to fall behind studio releases. It's always been the way. Unless there's a relatively A-list star in an indie then they will always get smaller releases. Although Matt did do a decent amount of promo for the film so it probably got as much exposure as an indie film could get.

R115 he's probably used to weird fans at this stage and most likely has a higher tolerance level for them than most fans would. It's probably out of politeness and appreciation that he likes their posts. I saw first-hand how cringe some of the super fans were at a festival so I don't get it but it's his social media so he's free to like whoever he chooses.

by Anonymousreply 118June 15, 2019 7:13 AM

r114 I always think that he likes their tweets etc. to placate them so their behavior does not escalate. Stalkers always tend to escalate and these middle aged women behave more like teenage fan girls than anything.

by Anonymousreply 119June 15, 2019 9:43 AM

R119 I would agree with that too. He's not foolish, I'm sure he's aware how obsessed they are with him and he just tries to keep them happy so they don't do anything crazy. If you look at the posts of the ones that went to the Tonys and they pretty much went to places he mentioned in interviews or in his previous IG stories. You know if they went to Los Angeles they'd camp outside his house. Adult women acting like lovesick kids.

I really wouldn't be jealous or annoyed of Matt only liking certain people's posts. He is most definitely not friends with them.

by Anonymousreply 120June 15, 2019 10:51 AM

Watched papi chulo yesterday too. My friend and I are the only one there, it was empty...the movie was a bit slow but quite good. He was great acting. I almost thought the director fell in love with him for giving him so many close up shot and really just focused on him the whole movie to show the best part of him.

by Anonymousreply 121June 15, 2019 5:55 PM

R121 Don't all the directors have crushes on Matt? Lol I think it's because Matt's character is most likely a representation of John Butler himself, hence why the film focuses on his character more closely and intensely. The shower scene was so unnecessary but it was comedic so I'll give them that. They seem to be quite good friends but wouldn't be surprised if John had a little crush.

by Anonymousreply 122June 15, 2019 6:37 PM

It seemed strange to me that they decided to release the movie just when the big studios are releasing their blockbuster bets, the movie is beautiful, hopefully they can premiere it in other countries with more support, or upload it to Netflix and that Matt promotes it accordingly in networks and in media. The film is good.

by Anonymousreply 123June 15, 2019 7:34 PM

One of his super fans said she went to see it twice, and both times she was the only one in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 124June 15, 2019 7:42 PM

Matt's husband could not have developed a better publicity campaign for the film?

by Anonymousreply 125June 15, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote] I almost thought the director fell in love with him for giving him so many close up shot and really just focused on him the whole movie to show the best part of him.

R121, That wouldn't be the director (John Butler) that would be the cinematographer, Cathal Watters' doing.

He's also notorious for doing "tight" close ups of actors even when he's not working with John Butler. Other reviewers on other projects he has done have commented on it. He also loves to play with color. He did John's, Handsome Devil and a ton of other movies.

[quote]One of his super fans said she went to see it twice, and both times she was the only one in the theater.

The fact they even got a theater release was thanks in large part to Matt. The only reason there are so many articles about it is thanks to Matt. The only reason there were so many TV appearances is thanks to Matt, his own PR firm and probably Simon.

He really worked his butt off to promote such a low budget movie.

Someone here said "Magic Mike" was a small movie. But Magic Mike had a budget of 7 million dollars which is actually more than films like "Crash," "Moonlight," or "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" had.

Papi Chulo's budget isn't even close to that. So far (in limited release) in 12 theaters, it has made about $10,546 dollars in the US and world wide about $20,166 dollars and they wouldn't have even made that without Matt.

I'm sure once it shows up on a service and the release is increased a bit they'll break even and it may even make a few dollars more.

by Anonymousreply 126June 15, 2019 8:43 PM

Matt is so handsome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 15, 2019 9:30 PM

R126 Very much agree. Indie films dont have the same type of marketing budget as studio films so they really have to rely on the actors to do promotion. Studio films get billboards, tv/online ad space and a fairly robust promo campaign. Money talks.

In saying that, Papi Chulo got some relatively good promo, largely down to Matt. He did two weeks of press and got on three big talk shows and numerous podcasts/radio shows/online publications. All down to him and his publicist (with an assist from Simon most likely). As R126 noted, the film's best chance of getting seen is through a streaming site.

by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2019 3:57 AM

I thought Matt had met Ryan Murphy for Simon and no, it's inferred that Simon knows Ryan for Matt, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2019 6:12 PM

R129 hmmm I really doubt that. Ryan said during his Hall of Fame speech that Simon had been there since the very beginning of his career. He's also called both Simon and Bryan Lourd his "brothers" in another speech. Also Matt has previously said he met Ryan Murphy at the Emmy awards in 2011. I'd take anything said in interviews with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 130June 16, 2019 6:25 PM

That interview is so odd, none of Matt's responses sound like him lol.

by Anonymousreply 131June 16, 2019 7:19 PM

R131 Agree. Written interviews are often weird. The writer takes liberties. I did not think that interview implied he knew Ryan first at all.

by Anonymousreply 132June 16, 2019 7:31 PM

No Father's Day post from Matt this year? He shared the pic of the whole family a few days back but he does usually post a message either on IG or Twitter (regardless of whether he mentions Simon or not). Although he didn't post anything for Mothers Day

by Anonymousreply 133June 16, 2019 8:25 PM

Honestly, its a bit stupid to post every special occasion on social media. Especially as it seems he is on vacation with his family overseas. Rather keep private stuff private.

by Anonymousreply 134June 16, 2019 8:34 PM

He usually does acknowledge the day in some way, even with just a like of a tweet. Although this must be his first Father's Day with the kids in 2-3 years so could just be enjoying his day.

Him and Simon seem like a solid couple, yes?

by Anonymousreply 135June 16, 2019 8:54 PM

Not all publish in reference to a date. Matt did not publish anything at Christmas or New Year. He was probably doing more interesting things.

by Anonymousreply 136June 16, 2019 10:08 PM

The test of their marriage will come when the kids are grown.

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]I thought Matt had met Ryan Murphy for Simon and no, it's inferred that Simon knows Ryan for Matt, I think.

No. Matt said this in the interview

[quote][bold]WCT: Ryan Murphy has been a big part of your career. How did you first meet him?[/bold] MB: I auditioned for Glee right before I got White Collar. I picked a really silly song that I don't remember and we had a general meeting for The Normal Heart. It was years before Normal Heart was made, but I ended up with a guest spot on Glee. That was the first job I did for him.

Glee and White Collar both started in 2009. Ryan Murphy didn't even buy the rights to The Normal Heart until 2010 which he has said in interview. It is possible that he just revealed that he auditioned for Will Scheuster on the show since most of Hollywood did but he couldn't have had a general meeting for The Normal Heart since Ryan Murphy didn't even own the rights to it in 2009 or 2008.

But the key here is the way Matt ends the question, "That was the first job I did for him." So I think he might have misinterpreted what the question was and answered "when was the first time he worked with Ryan Murphy" and not when he first met him away from work.

Previously Matt said this (in 2012):

[quote][bold]THR: Considering your partner, Simon Halls, is Ryan's agent, has working with Ryan been something you’ve wanted to do for a long time?[/bold] Matt Bomer: I've been a huge fan of Ryan's work for years, so yeah, absolutely. I've met him socially at the Golden Globes and incidentally at things over the years. But the first time we sat down together was at the meeting for was for The Normal Heart in September, and I was blown away by his talent. To be honest, nobody makes me laugh harder.

So yes, they did meet at the Golden Globes but they definitely met before if only briefly or professionally like an audition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 17, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote]No Father's Day post from Matt this year? He shared the pic of the whole family a few days back but he does usually post a message either on IG or Twitter (regardless of whether he mentions Simon or not). Although he didn't post anything for Mothers Day

Sharing posts on social media are for his "fans" not for his parents. He can call them. He's also with his husband and kids this year, for once ...., in a long time.

Simon sent him a giant bouquet of flowers when he did Doom Patrol and he shared it with his fans. I doubt that was Simon's actual thank you. He probably called, texted or Skyped him.

by Anonymousreply 139June 17, 2019 12:34 AM

They look cute, together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 17, 2019 12:45 AM

ZQ and Matt have been known each other for so many years, wonder if they ever had any chemistry

by Anonymousreply 141June 17, 2019 12:52 AM

I read that Matt liked stupid Jessica Biel's anti-vaccination tweet. I find it very odd, Matt is smarter than this.

by Anonymousreply 142June 17, 2019 1:39 AM

Jessica Biel already clarified it in her IG, Matt liked that publication. I know because I follow both of them and when I read your post I realized that Matt had given him MG, I also put him MG.

by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2019 1:44 AM

MG? What are you talking about? Your post doesn’t make any sense to people that don’t follow her.

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Here's a rare thread from the owner of Datalounge talking about the site.

Muriel (that's the name the site gave him) just finished answering questions but it does put some of the things here in perspective like how many people actually see the site, yes there are celebs who post here and know about it, yes the site does get sued and yes there are some celebs who don't want to be talked about here including one we've mentioned in the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2019 3:43 AM

Does anyone have any idea what Matt gives ZQ?

by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2019 4:19 AM

R146 Mint, gum? His 11 year old son is right is front of them looking at him so I would it was nothing too scandalous lol

He liked that MB Italian Family Fathers Day post to him and Simon. Maybe as R139 said, he was just enjoying that day and didn't need to post, especially as he posted the family pic on Weds. Well you'd hope that's the reason anyway. Always thought the flowers from Simon were anniversary flowers as it was in September and that's when they married in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2019 4:25 AM

The flowers that her husband gave to Matt were very ugly, anyway what counts is the detail.

by Anonymousreply 148June 17, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote]Does anyone have any idea what Matt gives ZQ?

He's pulling a business card out of his wallet and then he puts his wallet back in his pocket. It's fast but you can see the wallet there.

[quote]ZQ and Matt have been known each other for so many years, wonder if they ever had any chemistry

It's possible for gay men to be friends and not ever like each other in that way. Especially when they've known one another for as long as those two have and especially since Zachary Quinto was "straight" in college when that was most likely to have taken place. (And of course Matt says he was celibate.)

They're very different people who are into very different types than the other one. Even though they were in different years it's obvious they've bonded because of that original experience and that they genuinely enjoy the other one.

by Anonymousreply 149June 17, 2019 5:47 AM

Does anyone know where that gif comes from? What video?

by Anonymousreply 150June 17, 2019 12:26 PM

Matt seems to make people want to touch him. It's adorable and amazingly frequent that a picture is posted with someone laying hands on him. Recently, the hand to chest/heart move is showing up. He needs to bottle that.

by Anonymousreply 151June 17, 2019 5:35 PM

R1151 There was a video of him in a panel interview for American Horror Story, the security helped him to place the microphone on his suits, then pat his shoulder, very adorable...I didn't see that security did that when he was helping other actors in the panel...

by Anonymousreply 152June 17, 2019 6:37 PM

I agree that people really like to touch him.

by Anonymousreply 153June 17, 2019 6:42 PM

He should be in an AD Campaign for a new men’s cologne. “Touch” featuring Matt Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 154June 17, 2019 9:48 PM

I understand the urge.

by Anonymousreply 155June 17, 2019 10:32 PM

Simon liked that Fathers Day post by that Italian fan page too. They have a soft spot for those women. Only fan account his follows on IG.

by Anonymousreply 156June 18, 2019 5:30 AM

Aren't those the same women that showed up at Bruce's restaurant years ago fresh off a plane from Italy? I think the story was that Bruce called Matt & Matt drove out to meet them?

by Anonymousreply 157June 18, 2019 7:18 AM

When we see the Instagram of Neil Patrick, we realize that he is very expressive with the love he feels for his partner, it would be good if Matt sometimes was like that, not always, but sometimes. Matt's husband will have photos of him in his Instagram posts, or he will also prefer not to show off their relationship?

by Anonymousreply 158June 18, 2019 11:35 AM

R158 They’re private. To me, that makes their relationship more real than NPH who flaunts his.

by Anonymousreply 159June 18, 2019 11:37 AM

NPH doesn't just flaunt his relationship with his husband, he monetizes it AND his children.

And some of you thought Matt's instagram post Target ad was bad? You'd drop dead if you saw the way NPH whores his family out. It's funny to me because it seems to be celebs who need money the least, who will do the most for a paycheck. NPH is set financially and career wise, whereas people like Matt/Simon are successful, but not "never work again" successful. Yet, it's NPH who will sell his soul for spare change.

to clarify, I have zero negative opinion on celebs doing ads and collecting their coin, but sometimes it gets to a point where it's like seriously? you needed money THIS badly? we're promoting laxatives now? anyway, we're lucky Matt isn't one of those celebs.

by Anonymousreply 160June 18, 2019 11:48 AM

NPH has millions of followers in networks, if it announces many things in publications. Matt has far fewer followers and does not care about increasing them. You know why Matt does not have Facebook?

by Anonymousreply 161June 18, 2019 1:10 PM

I don't see him posting a lot of emotional photos of Simon, even if he has a private account.

by Anonymousreply 162June 18, 2019 2:45 PM

R162 He's very private with that stuff. Even when he talked about how they met and his first date it was still fairly to the point and didn't get too personal. No real insight to the date or what they liked about each other. Doesn't seem like his relationship is something he wants to share.

by Anonymousreply 163June 18, 2019 2:49 PM

Would you share the private stuff with all of us...?

by Anonymousreply 164June 18, 2019 5:59 PM

R164 ha well it's completely his right to not want go share the more intimate moments of his life. He's always appeared to be very private and even though he's definitely shared more in the last few years, he never overshares. Equally, Simon clearly likes to stay in the background too and most likely doesn't want his life broadcast on social media to thousands of people. The fact that his IG is on private is a good indication he's not one for being too public.

by Anonymousreply 165June 18, 2019 6:17 PM

They look like degenerates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 18, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]He's always appeared to be very private and even though he's definitely shared more in the last few years, he never overshares.

Seriously, Matt being private is nothing new. He's very good at managing that aspect of celebrity. This is the first time he didn't fill interviews with that dang soap opera story. lol

I also, personally, don't think there's much else there. Simon has said before in interviews that he doesn't think a person in his line of work should ever be the center of attention. He also has a very image conscious job. He has celebrity clients. He can't be the center of attention. They're both very good at keeping their personal lives personal and I think that's part of the reason why they've lasted so long. They're on the same page.

It has only been this past round of interviews that Matt actually revealed anymore than he ever has in the past 15 years! As for PDA maybe Simon isn't comfortable with it. Maybe Matt isn't comfortable with it. We've had fans spot them when the cameras aren't on them and they are affectionate. It's just not the public's business.

However, they're both very aware of and very controlled with their image. They also understand having a sense of separation between what the public sees and what is their own business. I think that's beautiful because it keeps stuff involving the two of them something that they own and isn't for anyone else because it's that important to them.

by Anonymousreply 167June 18, 2019 8:51 PM

I just went through Bomer's timeline, has he ever supported a cause that doesn't directly affect him?. All he cares about are gay related issues.

by Anonymousreply 168June 18, 2019 9:15 PM

R168 of all of the complaints you could have about a person... this ain't it chief.

by Anonymousreply 169June 18, 2019 9:24 PM

R169 Why not?, t's a fair observation.

by Anonymousreply 170June 18, 2019 9:26 PM

Does Matt still have a nice butt?

by Anonymousreply 171June 18, 2019 9:28 PM

R170 "observation" is a funny way to spell "criticism".

by Anonymousreply 172June 18, 2019 9:29 PM

R171 Of course, you'd have to be blind not to notice it.

by Anonymousreply 173June 18, 2019 9:45 PM

Matt has a perfect bubble butt, Simon seems to have almost no butt...

by Anonymousreply 174June 18, 2019 11:32 PM

Madame X is not impressed with either's ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 18, 2019 11:36 PM

It seemed to have disappeared after he lost the weight for the Normal Heart. Did he get it back?

by Anonymousreply 176June 18, 2019 11:43 PM

You do know he made Magic Mike XXL after the Normal Heart, right? The butt is safe and beautiful as ever. You can search for recent butt pics yourself, I'm sure it's not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2019 12:09 AM

Simon is happy!

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2019 12:11 AM

R168, nearly every celeb supports causes that are directly related to them because [bold]they mean something to them and they have personal experience with with.[/bold] Good lord!

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2019 2:56 AM

Didn't he take part in some gala for youth charity?

by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2019 6:20 AM

R180 he's done a few non-LGBTQ things over the years: Water ORG fundraising, Art of Elysium, Uplift Family Services and shared fundraising pages for disaster relief for the floods in Texas. Think he's done a few events for cancer charities too.

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2019 6:51 AM

Plus Some ALS related charities right?

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2019 7:14 AM

R182 Yes, he's done a good few things for ALS obviously because Simon's association with the charity.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2019 12:56 PM

[R168] It shows happy!

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2019 8:16 PM

Papi CHulo's tickets sold out in SHanghai, China

by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2019 3:42 AM

R185 That’s great news. Maybe there is more receptivity to LGBTQ content in media now and a lessening of the pretty tight restrictions that had been the case previously. I’m not sure how accepted the gay community is in Shanghai, but years ago in the late nineties I lived briefly in Beijing and homosexuality was just being decriminalized. China is not anything like Russia in its rabid homophobia, but its still very challenging to be gay. So this is progress.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2019 6:13 AM

Doom Patrol is being referred to as "renewed" by IGN.

The show/three of the actors also submitted themselves for a few different categories for consideration for the 2019 Emmy Awards which implies a bit of confidence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2019 2:29 PM

Doom Patrol will be renewed unless something extraordinary happens so that it does not happen. The series is very good, it strikes me that the actors with names are not considered for an Emmy, all are extraordinary. The series is charming, if it had more diffusion would be more appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2019 3:49 PM

I believe Dianne Guerrero's name has been offered for consideration. She is a well known actress widely recognized for her work on Orange is the New Black and Jane the Virgin.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2019 5:12 PM

Some summer recommendations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2019 4:58 PM

r190 “The color of these swim trunks is really unique, and the constellations are a good conversation starter at the pool or the beach.”

I don't think people are looking at the color and constellations when they are looking at your swim trunks, dear.

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2019 10:57 PM

The answer is with double meaning or sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2019 11:10 PM

Tongue-in-cheek, not unlike this reply.

by Anonymousreply 193June 22, 2019 5:51 AM

Just a reminder of his speedo wearing days from almost 20 years ago back when he was a bit younger and not as svelte.

As a married dad he only does trunks now. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 22, 2019 6:52 AM

R194 now THAT'S a conversation starter.

by Anonymousreply 195June 22, 2019 11:25 AM

While I love seeing a slightly thicker version of Matt, those speedos are really atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2019 12:20 PM

R196 his pre-stylist days lol

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2019 12:38 PM

[R194] Cute butt, always!

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2019 3:22 PM

r194 is that a lower back tattoo I see?

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2019 4:08 PM

R199 I doubt that he has tattoos or wants to have them, it is the photograph.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2019 4:27 PM

R199, that is the shadow of his giant butt jutting out away from his back trying to be contained by his early 00s speedo.

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2019 5:57 PM

R199 just the photo that makes it look like there's something on his back. His frame is so much smaller now in comparison to that photo

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2019 6:18 PM

The Greatest Butt in the History of Butts. Wish we had more/better quality pics of him in his early twenties.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2019 6:55 PM

R203 He was very young, he has a nice ass. Matt's husband must be so happy.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Some time ago I saw photos of Matt on Twitter when he was in a telenovel, he looked amazing, if in those years he and her husband met, her husband is very lucky. Very handsome!!!

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2019 7:14 PM

Ok, R205, I still haven't figured out if you're using "her" on purpose or not.

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2019 10:31 PM

Matt's on that RuPaul chat show next week. Although the blurb says he will talk about getting his start in acting so good chance that soap opera story will be rolled out again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2019 12:43 PM

The Guiding Light stories will be read at his eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2019 12:54 PM

oh god, not that story again.

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2019 1:24 PM

He did well for the promo of Papi Chulo to not bring it up but I guess that story just had to find it's way into some interview. The blurb also says he talks about raising kids with his partner but I doubt they'll go in-depth with that.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Oh please no. And he was doing so well the last interviews!

by Anonymousreply 211June 23, 2019 1:56 PM

Maybe he won't spend too long talking about that soap opera. Such a waste of an interview if he does.

by Anonymousreply 212June 23, 2019 3:49 PM

Does anyone know what The Sinner will be like this Fall? Wonder when he will start promotion for that.

by Anonymousreply 213June 23, 2019 4:15 PM

R213 Last year they had finished recording season 2 for these dates, was late because Bill Pullman was in London and Matt broke his leg ?, if he starts filming The boys in the band, when will The Sinner ?.

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2019 5:17 PM

R214 I'm guessing he'll start filming The Sinner after he's finished Boys In The Band perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2019 7:58 PM

He ALMOST made it through this round of interviews without the soap story. I think we just all know it's coming and some of us can recite it by heart because he's said it so much! He spent more time doing White Collar than he did that soap.

[quote]The blurb also says he talks about raising kids with his partner but I doubt they'll go in-depth with that.

He might. It seems like he tailors his responses to whatever movie he's promoting. It's a gay show, it's supposed to be about overcoming obstacles in life and how you became successful and he's promoting a gay movie. He might not just gloss over it.

[quote]Does anyone know what The Sinner will be like this Fall? Wonder when he will start promotion for that.

It's season 3 of the show so the promotion tour won't be as broad. He's going to go from Boys in the Band to The Sinner to Doom Patrol and maybe Will & Grace sprinkled in there somewhere. In the first episode of Will & Grace, Will is talking to him on the phone so they're still together even if he isn't on that episode. However, Boys in the Band should be a quick shoot since they're all together for the bulk of it. The Sinner is only 8 episodes so that's going to take, probably, about a month and a half to two months but it's also not only his show. Doom Patrol will probably nab him again for 2-3 months. Although there are less episodes this season but people love his character so I'm sure he'll be in it more. He was in darn near the entire show last season.

by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2019 8:09 PM

Matt said in an interview when he promoted Doom Patrol that he would be away from home for half the year, I guess he was referring to Doom Patrol and The Sinner. Maybe it's not in Will and Grace, they have not confirmed anything.

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2019 9:04 PM

R217, The Sinner and Doom Patrol are both shooting later than normal this year.

The Sinner season one was already shooting this time a couple of years back. Season 2 was shooting in August.

Doom Patrol S1 started Late August/September but now it's starting in November.

He'll likely do tBitB in July - August. The Sinner in August - September. Then Doom Patrol in November going forward. Plus, Will & Grace if they want him back and he can get away. My guess is, if they end the relationship, they'll have him back for at least one episode.

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2019 10:45 PM

So sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 25, 2019 4:28 AM

Duckling is passed over again in favor of Andrew Rannells

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 25, 2019 1:21 PM

R220 Great by Andrew Rannells is a great talent. Why not continue with the Broadway casting? As they do with the guys in the band! Andrew Rannells's publicist is Simon Halls.

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2019 2:06 PM

I actually am glad he is not doing yet another Ryan Murphy project.

by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2019 6:15 PM

I think Ryan Murphy has been very beneficial to Matt's career. His support of his casting in TNH, despite Larry Kramer's initial objections, opened up a whole new window into his career. He should have won an Emmy, but was widely acknowledged and rewarded for his work by others in the business. I would like for his next Murphy project to be a starring one, rather than part of an ensemble. Murphy has a lot of projects to develop for his Netflix deal.

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2019 6:27 PM

R223 I agree. While Murphy doesn't always give Matt the most layered roles, he has given some really good opportunities like The Normal Heart and The Boys in the Band. It's a good connection to have. Equally, working with Murphy keeps him in "mainstream" roles AKA shows/films that are on big networks and have big audiences. While I'm sure he loves doing the smaller indie films because of the character work, it just means less people get the chance to see him on screen.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2019 6:34 PM

The Normal Heart was the only thing he actually gave where he wasn't:

A.) Mostly eye candy even though technically he still was. He also went above and beyond for the role.

B.) A character that pops in randomly once and then disappears.

C.) Didn't disappear mostly into the background surrounded by other actors.

While I understand people want to see Matt as much as possible, it's obvious the roles where he got to do the most: "Walking Out" and "Papi Chulo" were ones that he didn't get from Murphy. Of course they didn't get the same eyes that a tv series would get but at least he can say he was the lead. The last tv shows he did (Last Tycoon and Will & Grace) didn't come from Ryan Murphy.

But if he works with Murphy on a project for a few months that means he can't do anything else during that period of time so he has to choose carefully. Broadway was a great opportunity and he got to work with his friends. If he's to be believed the only reason he is doing the Netflix film is because everyone was coming back from the show. It was also the first time Zachary Quinto worked with Ryan Murphy since he left AHS.

Murphy is not the only game in town. He's a nice contact to have but I doubt he regrets ditching directing an episode of AHS to do Doom Patrol or not returning to the show since his last season there.

I'm sure he'll work with him again at some point but I'm also sure he'll only do it if the part is something he likes.

by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2019 6:47 PM

*And I should have said next to last TV shows that includes Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2019 6:48 PM

Ryan Murphy has given Matt very good opportunities since he sang on Glee, directing on Versace, his Broadway debut. Ryan has recognized the talent of many actors, including Matt.

by Anonymousreply 227June 25, 2019 6:51 PM

Murphy has given Matt a lot more opportunities than most others in the business. While he only rarely gives big roles, he also handed him a chance to direct and his Broadway debut. It's not like he only works with Murphy either as but he's good to have as a contact, particularly if roles ever dried up elsewhere. Same with Greg Berlanti.

The Sinner is another good non-Murphy project for him too.

As much as he probably likes doing good character work in indie films, it must be a little bit disappointing that his work will only be seen by a select few (plus a much smaller paycheck).

by Anonymousreply 228June 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Neil Patrick Harris does not have a friendly relationship with the actors The Boys in the band.

by Anonymousreply 229June 25, 2019 7:05 PM

R228 Murphy has supported Matt as other actors, some assume Simon has influenced this, I do not think so. Matt has talent and Murphy involves him in his projects when he has a character for him. Matt has sought to grow as an actor in independent films.

by Anonymousreply 230June 25, 2019 7:22 PM

R230 I think Matt's connection to Simon has had a great deal of influence on Matt's working relationship with Murphy. Ryan obviously recognises and respects Matt's talent as he's given him some great opportunities both in front of the camera and behind the camera. He wouldn't have given him a role like Felix or a director credit if he didn't believe he was capable of delivering but in saying that, to think that Simon being Ryan's long-time publicist and good friend doesn't make Ryan look favourably on Matt is a little naive. Ryan mentioned Simon in his Hollywood Star ceremony and said that he had been there from the very beginning of everything. In another speech a few years back he called Simon his brother. He named characters in American Horror Story after Matt and Simon's kids before he'd really even worked with Matt so that gives you an idea of his connection with Simon.

I mean Billie Lourd didn't even have to audition to get a role on any of his shows. That's purely down to the fact that her dad is he agent. He's close friends with Julia Roberts so no surprise Emma Roberts is also in his circle.

by Anonymousreply 231June 25, 2019 7:31 PM

R231 Simon and Ryan could be very friendly, but one thing is friendship and another is work, both are intelligent men. If Ryan's friends influence the choice of actors to work, then Billie Lourd should be in The Prom. Ryan Murphy is where he is because he is a genius, I doubt he is influenced by friendships in artistic matters.

by Anonymousreply 232June 25, 2019 7:51 PM

R233 it's a pretty naive way of looking at things. Matt got in with Murphy (and Berlanti) because of his connection to Simon. It's not to diminish Matt's ability or talent but just an acknowledgement of fact. It's how most industries work-you know someone in a company than you're more than likely going to have a better chance of getting employed there than someone who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 233June 25, 2019 8:00 PM

R233 The influences of Simon have not been very strong, he would have asked for better roles for Matt.

by Anonymousreply 234June 25, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote]If Ryan's friends influence the choice of actors to work, then Billie Lourd should be in The Prom. Ryan Murphy is where he is because he is a genius, I doubt he is influenced by friendships in artistic matters.

I'm sure that friendship got her foot or in this case, Matt's foot in the door but he certainly isn't Sarah Paulson, Kathie Bates or Angela Bassett to him. He's definitely not Jessica Lange to him. He's built projects around those characters or given them roles which carry a season.

He's the hot shirtless ex boyfriend, the dumb actor brother, the hooker who talks about bleeding from his anus then gets killed, the himbo in love with the lead who runs around naked for an episode then dies before the show is over, the guy who strips completely naked then does barely anything the second half of the play.

The Normal Heart was great. Boys in the Band at least got him the chance to be in a Broadway play. Yes, he got the chance to direct Versace but that's not on camera. I'm just saying not every role he offers is a great one that will propel his career forward.

by Anonymousreply 235June 25, 2019 8:59 PM

R235 So Simon does not have much influence on Ryan. Or maybe he's Simon's friend and not so close to Matt. Very positive that Matt works with other people.

by Anonymousreply 236June 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Matt Bomer is cute and kind. ❤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237June 26, 2019 2:30 AM

R229 is NPH supposed to be best friends with them or something? Lol why would he be friendly with them? Most of The Boys in Band cast have known each other years or have worked together previously. NPH most likely moves in different circles.

by Anonymousreply 238June 26, 2019 7:32 AM

R237 is that the new Slenderman? Slenderwoman?

by Anonymousreply 239June 26, 2019 7:43 AM

R238 All are openly homosexual actors, they are almost of the same generation, NPH is one of the most talented gay actors, it is a Broadway star, not necessarily friends. Simon is an NPH publicist! It seems strange to me that I did not go to see the play. Ryan Murphy, who works with talented gay actors, does not work with NPH, he was on Glee, but only that.

by Anonymousreply 240June 26, 2019 10:55 AM

R240 He was also in AHS Freakshow for two episodes (his husband also appeared in one episode too). He's had his own shows for years now and has worked consistently so he probably doesn't have time to do a lot of Ryan Murphy projects. He had his own Netflix show when BITB was on so he was ruled out. NPH hasn't really worked with any of the BITB cast so not surprising he's not friends with them.

Also, why would Matt want to be friends with someone who is married to his husband's ex boyfriend too? Lol

by Anonymousreply 241June 26, 2019 11:41 AM

R241 I did not know about Freak Show! I only saw two seasons of the AHS series. I did not know about the ex-boyfriends .

by Anonymousreply 242June 26, 2019 12:10 PM

[quote]He's had his own shows for years now and has worked consistently so he probably doesn't have time to do a lot of Ryan Murphy projects.

R241, that's a funny story. NPH actually wrote Ryan a letter asking to be on AHS but Ryan didn't respond. Then he said it in an interview. Ryan heard it and wrote him on Twitter and said he had the perfect role for him. That's how he got on AHS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 26, 2019 5:11 PM

R243 oh that's hilarious. Guess Murphy probably isn't that inspired by NPH. Equally, he did get success at a very young age with that young DR. show in the 90s so that's another reason why he probably doesn't float around in the same circles as the others in BITB. Most of the guys there found success in their late 20s. As well as that, Matt went to school with Quinto and worked with Parsons on The Normal Heart. He knew Rannells and Washington from his early days in NYC. Don't think any of them have worked with NPH before (could be wrong) so makes sense they're aren't really friends.

by Anonymousreply 244June 26, 2019 10:47 PM

R244 Everyone around the same age in the same city (NYC) at that time all sort of knew one another. Zachary went to school with Matt in different years. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was at Matt's restaurant the last day he was a waiter right before he got a soap. Matt said he and Michael B Washington were both long time friends of Gavin Creel and they hung out with him after TBiTB closed. Michael B posted that video of him and a young Andrew singing together at a theater program when they were in their earl 20s/late teens. Jim moved to NYC out of school and eventually met Jesse but he was still just starting out even though he's NPH's age.

When they would have been hanging out trying to make it, NPH was already doing Sweeny Todd and Caberet plus movies like Harold and Kumar and Undercover Brother. While I'm sure they crossed paths with him he was already on another level.

by Anonymousreply 245June 27, 2019 12:04 AM

R244 R245 You do not need to be friends with someone to follow them on social networks, they are not interested.

by Anonymousreply 246June 27, 2019 1:34 AM

R246 Who is talking about social networks?!? 😒

by Anonymousreply 247June 27, 2019 2:30 AM

When the film 'The Boys in the Band' was announced, I read in a publication that filming would start on July 17, coinciding with the beginning of the 'Will and Grace' recordings, so Matt will not return as MacCoy!?

by Anonymousreply 248June 27, 2019 12:45 PM

When the film 'The Boys in the Band' was announced, I read in a publication that filming would start on July 17, coinciding with the beginning of the 'Will and Grace' recordings, so Matt will not return as McCoy!

by Anonymousreply 249June 27, 2019 1:30 PM

R237 Ditto! Matt obviously has a lot to recommend him. However, one of the most remarkable things about him is the number of people who comment on his kindness. Over the years , not only the number but the variety of people is really something: fans, friends, family, colleagues, co workers, crew .... plain strangers. I've never read a negative thing about him and it's pretty hard to be in this business twenty years and not have leaks about your behavior. I remember reading about his relationship with Willie Garson when White Collar first aired, and how Willie cited Matt's kindness and support of him when dealing with his mother's illness and death. Also a quote from Viola Davis who worked with him on Traveler, saying Matt didn't know how beautiful he is, but the thing is he's more beautiful on the inside. Someone posted upthread that they wondered if he ever supported charities that didn't directly impact on him. There was a story once on Hollywood celebrities and charities. It went on to cite both Matt and Simon, but said that Matt as a young actor right out of school and newly in New York, routinely gave his to time to entertaining children in hospital. The story above and the comment from Jim Parsons keep coming , because they only confirm what many of us have always known, Matt's the real deal ….a genuinely good human being.

by Anonymousreply 250June 27, 2019 3:12 PM

Maybe his Christian upbringing had a positive influence. More likely, he’s afraid any bad behavior will blow back on him. He’s careful to be nice to everyone. Probably stays home on bad days and only voices negative opinions to a few trusted people. Image is everything.

by Anonymousreply 251June 27, 2019 3:30 PM

I suspect it might be hard to stay home on bad days when you are a broke, 20 something year old struggling actor in New York and no one knows who you are. Character is who you are when no one is looking.

by Anonymousreply 252June 27, 2019 3:53 PM

Duckling recites, "You is good, you is kind, you is important" everyday before he leaves the house.

by Anonymousreply 253June 27, 2019 3:55 PM

[quote]More likely, he’s afraid any bad behavior will blow back on him. He’s careful to be nice to everyone.

He's just genuinely nice. The stories about him don't just take place when the cameras are around. He doesn't have any reason to be nice to a PA on his own show and she's not the only one to tell that kind of story about him. Entertainment people are tight lipped unless they have something positive to say.

Compare him to someone like Jake Gyllenhaal who has had negative stories about his behavior from co-workers and even his own sister at certain points.

He has told that story about him spending his first year at school reading his bible before bed. While that was a long time ago I don't think that aspect of him has left. I remember a few years ago on Twitter (and he actually used it) a girl asked him to come and sing at her school and he asked her for more information about it. He has said that Simon taught him to be less trusting.

I just don't think anyone could appear to be this nice, this long, without barely a slip without actually being a nice person because they just are nice. He has always been nice, even before anyone knew who he was according to some people who knew him before all of this who no one here would know.

[quote]When the film 'The Boys in the Band' was announced, I read in a publication that filming would start on July 17, coinciding with the beginning of the 'Will and Grace' recordings, so Matt will not return as McCoy!

That doesn't mean anything. The show shoots for months. The film shoot won't be as long. He didn't even shoot his episodes of Will & Grace until months after the show started production. If he does it, it will likely be between Boys in the Band and The Sinner, The Sinner or Doom Patrol or during Doom Patrol like he did last time. Also none of those shows are just his show so he won't be needed the entire time. As long as he can get a free week at some point he'll have time to do it.

by Anonymousreply 254June 27, 2019 6:06 PM

I just remembered there was someone on Twitter a few years back that said that Matt came to guest speak/teach at her NYC school, when she was a kid, about acting. This was long before anyone knew who he was.

She posted a picture of a group of kids standing on some school stairs and Matt was off to the side smiling with the class.

by Anonymousreply 255June 27, 2019 6:16 PM

Simon is attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 28, 2019 2:09 AM

Oh dear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 28, 2019 10:14 PM

R257 It shows the love he feels for his children. 😍

by Anonymousreply 258June 28, 2019 10:28 PM

I just watched Matt on the RuPaul show and it was nice to see that's he's continuing to open up and share more about himself and his family. I've never watched Drag Race. RuPaul, while he seems fun and an outsized personality, his interviewing skills need more work. A little bit of Ru goes a long way. I wasn't sure what he was trying to get at with his clumsy math comments about Matt's coming out and his family. In 2002, Kit wasn't even born. I was delightfully surprised that Matt mentioned Kit's coming out as straight to them. I'm assuming as the kids get older they are more likely to give permission as to what they want of their lives brought into the public arena. I wish Ru would have followed up more on some of Matt's comments instead of deflecting back to himself. I wonder what set Matt didn't feel safe on etc. Matt for his part was good natured as usual and generous.

by Anonymousreply 259June 29, 2019 6:55 PM

Very good interview, I was afraid Matt would start telling the Guiding Light story gain, thankfully he didn't. Another thing I can't help but notice is how feminine Matt is, some of his expressions are that of an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 260June 29, 2019 8:00 PM

R259, It's not actually Ru's first talk show. He had a show he did in drag on VH1 back in the 90s. It lasted 100 episodes or rather 3 years. As for his math, I thought he was trying to say that Matt was in a serious relationship and had kids long before he publicly came out. So he didn't come out and then get those things and Matt's answer implied that's what he got from it.

I'm sure he already revealed in the pre-interview that he wasn't going to say what set. Saying it just doesn't seem like him since I'm sure the people that worked on it are still working today. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what set it was since it was likely before White Collar, he still seems to like when people bring up Traveler, he's friends with Zachary Levi from Chuck and Eliza Dushku's brother is gay and she wouldn't tolerate any homophobic stuff on a show she was starring on. (So probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre?) Maybe one day he'll write a book and talk about it.

[quote] I was afraid Matt would start telling the Guiding Light story gain, thankfully he didn't.

He did tell it in the full interview. In the clips they cut it out.

As for his expressions I think we saw this in the SAG AFTRA interview he did and in some of his behind the scenes mannerisms from Versace: I am pretty sure that "old southern lady" Matt is how Matt really is. Since he turned 40 and started doing more gay roles he simply doesn't care to hide it anymore and he's being more himself.

by Anonymousreply 261June 30, 2019 2:28 AM

Here is the full interview. Yes, he talks about the fucking Guiding Light again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 30, 2019 11:04 AM

Start filming 'The Boys in the band'.

by Anonymousreply 263July 1, 2019 1:38 PM

Start filming 'The Boys in the band'.

by Anonymousreply 264July 1, 2019 1:42 PM

Mr Peabody has finally been invited to join the Academy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265July 1, 2019 6:38 PM

does he show his butt in this film?

by Anonymousreply 266July 1, 2019 6:39 PM

R266 Hopefully!

by Anonymousreply 267July 1, 2019 7:34 PM

R266 the original film and stage play has a shower bit which I assume they'll keep in there. Murphy loves showing off dudes asses. Just ask Finn Wittrock, Evan Peters, Cheyenne Jackson, Ricky Martin, Darren Criss and Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 268July 1, 2019 7:38 PM

Of course Murphy will show Matt's ass.

by Anonymousreply 269July 1, 2019 8:57 PM

I'm not even sure why this is a question?

If there's a project being created where Matt can show his ass there is a 90% percent chance he will.

It's part of his bag of tricks.

That story from EW where Matt was filming the AHS orgy scene says everything: Lady Gaga standing off set in her pasties while they filmed an angle of Matt slashing his victim screaming, "YAS QUEEN!" at him, John Travolta wandering on set from the American Crime Story set to ask questions of Ryan Murphy, reporters taking notes on everything that was happening and Matt was bent over in cock sock with his naked ass out the entire time "acting."

He has zero problems showing it to the point where he probably insists on it because he knows it's something he's more than willing to do that makes it a bonus to hiring him.

[quote] Murphy loves showing off dudes asses.

Besides the fact that it was in the original, I'd give credit to Joe Mantello here.

Murphy is producing it but it's really his project.

by Anonymousreply 270July 1, 2019 10:00 PM

Matt should work with a trainer to target those glutes so he can get peak booty for this project.

by Anonymousreply 271July 1, 2019 11:21 PM

Matt signing image of the Negative Man.😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272July 2, 2019 3:01 AM

Looking good. Can’t wait for the movie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 5, 2019 12:13 AM

R273 Yes, they all look great. I’m afraid the movie won’t be out until 2020. I think we’ll get to see Matt this year in The Sinner. Not sure about Will and Grace or Doom Patrol.

by Anonymousreply 274July 5, 2019 4:29 AM

That photo is from last year dummy.

by Anonymousreply 275July 5, 2019 9:38 AM

R274 Last year The Sinner started in August, broadcast, maybe this year the series starts filming late because it will start next year.

by Anonymousreply 276July 5, 2019 1:43 PM

R274, I did see that the Doom Patrol cast is supposed to be at Comicon on July 20th.

No word if Matt will make the trip there to do the panel.

Sounds like they'll officially announce the renewal on that day.

by Anonymousreply 277July 5, 2019 8:43 PM

There are no publications of The boys in the band, no actor has published photography of the filming of the film.

by Anonymousreply 278July 7, 2019 12:32 AM

But we do know they ARE the same actors who played on broadway. They’re the ones in the picture at R273.

by Anonymousreply 279July 7, 2019 1:55 PM

Wonder where the Bomer Halls are now. The kids are probably at summer camp. Maybe a little alone time for Matt and Simon after the London trip?

by Anonymousreply 280July 8, 2019 11:12 AM

They are filming the Boys in the Band in LA right now, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 281July 8, 2019 11:15 AM

Are they? Are there pictures?

by Anonymousreply 282July 8, 2019 11:33 AM

There is a picture of Charlie in his costume on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 283July 8, 2019 11:38 AM

R283, That's not his costume. He and his brother were passing that hat back and forth over the 4th. He just felt like wearing a cowboy hat, DUMMY.

by Anonymousreply 284July 8, 2019 6:14 PM

bouncy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285July 8, 2019 6:28 PM

R285 doesn't look like that anymore

by Anonymousreply 286July 8, 2019 7:07 PM

r286 is his booty gone?

by Anonymousreply 287July 8, 2019 7:21 PM

R287 It looked a lot flatter in AHS Hotel though that was about 4 years ago and a bit after he lost a devastating amount of weight for The Normal Heart.

by Anonymousreply 288July 8, 2019 8:19 PM

Duckling has a bit of a half-crack and the thong helped a lot to create the illusion of true bubblinous.

by Anonymousreply 289July 8, 2019 8:32 PM

R287, He has said before that he diets rather than working out a lot with his green drinks, colonics and cleanses. His butt size is tied to his weight. That's where he seems to store his fat. For the Magic Mike movies he actually worked out a lot and put on muscle mass and weight. It doesn't seem like that's something he wants to maintain and he has said that he couldn't.

Even when they did the sex scene in Doom Patrol they avoided showing either of the actor's stomachs. He doesn't always have abs. It seems he just prefers to svelte and not have as big of a butt rather than eat a lot and work out a lot to have a bigger one. For TBitB it was obvious he had a nice but smallish butt, he didn't have abs but he was also super thin in person. A strong wind could have knocked him over.

His body seemed more normal during his publicity tour Papi Chulo.

by Anonymousreply 290July 8, 2019 9:26 PM

R275, 281, 284 It really isn’t necessary to call people Dummy because you may know something they don’t - or they may know something you don’t know. It kind of discourages conversation.

by Anonymousreply 291July 8, 2019 10:28 PM

R291, you must be new here at the Datalounge. That's actually the nicest thing the Duckling Troll has ever called anyone who for some reason people keep responding to.

by Anonymousreply 292July 8, 2019 10:33 PM

Dat ass still looked great in New York last year! Guess we’ll be seeing it again soon in the BITB movie.

by Anonymousreply 293July 10, 2019 3:46 AM

[4] A couple things that might contribute to the superhero screen tests drying up are that back in the mid-2000s when Bomer was a bit more rugged and spoke louder he fit the roles better (being out has allowed him to be himself and not try so hard to present as “macho,” but that also moves him further away from the superhero/action hero archetype); and he’s frankly aging out of the roles. Actors are usually around 30 or younger when they’re cast for those parts, with RDJ and Ben Affleck being rare exceptions. He’d probably have better luck if he were instead auditioning for villains or spy/government types in such movies.

by Anonymousreply 294July 10, 2019 5:31 AM

💔💔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 10, 2019 1:02 PM

He played a villain in Nice Guys .

by Anonymousreply 296July 10, 2019 1:21 PM

I really want to see him play an evil, psychotic, sadistic villain. I think he'd be fantastic. He has a kind face and disposition but I rememeber him having a good glare. I'd love to see him play a two faced, Dr Jeckyll and Mister Hyde kind of character.

by Anonymousreply 297July 10, 2019 4:35 PM

The villain in the Nice Guys was not particularly scary...

by Anonymousreply 298July 10, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote] I'd love to see him play a two faced, Dr Jeckyll and Mister Hyde kind of character.

I think this is close to what he is doing in "The Sinner" as we find out why his character killed someone.

by Anonymousreply 299July 10, 2019 9:55 PM

R295 Thanks for the link. I remember Matt speaking so fondly of his grandmother. Something to the effect about her unconditional love of him and support when he came out. He routinely recalls how his grandparents marriage served as a role model for relationships and his own marriage. I’m sure this must be an especially difficult lost for him.

by Anonymousreply 300July 11, 2019 1:34 AM

So Dummy at R281, Matt wasn’t filming BITB in LA. He was at his Granny’s funeral in TX. Maybe you don’t always know everything.

by Anonymousreply 301July 11, 2019 1:53 AM

You do realize that the project is in production and not only do they have things to do before they would start actually shooting but he wouldn't be needed on set every single day, right? If an actor has a personal problem like this they'd just shoot around them, have them come back in and do their angles or shoot something entirely different like anything happening on the second floor of the house in the play. Good grief!

by Anonymousreply 302July 11, 2019 2:50 AM

R300 Yes I remember him saying when he came out it was his grandparents that were the most accepting and "gave zero fucks about his sexuality". And that he thought his grandma was an exemple of what a real christian should be.

by Anonymousreply 303July 11, 2019 10:28 AM

Well he did the same Dan Savage did an announce to the world that his teenage son came out as straight.

I find this incredibly stupid, one of the good things of being straight is that you don't have to come out, and telling your gay parents you like girls is not remotely the same (and even some gay parents seems abnormaly proud of having straight kids like if it was a big success in parenting)

by Anonymousreply 304July 11, 2019 11:19 AM

I agree it would be stupid to "come out" as straight in a straight household because it's the norm, but here it's a bit different. He grew up and realised he was different from his parents and wanted to state it. I'm sure they've been wondering anyway. I know if I had a kid I'd be a little curious about their orientation.

by Anonymousreply 305July 11, 2019 1:05 PM

But yeah, stating you are straight to gay parents and coming out as gay to straight parents are totally different things. The term "coming out" doesn't really apply here.

by Anonymousreply 306July 11, 2019 1:13 PM

It’s saying to your parents, “I love you, but I’m different from you in this way.” Maybe some gay dads would be a little disappointed. Kit probably assumed they would be supportive because they always have been. Matt was proud of his son for being open with them. Of course, we don’t know if their egg donors were lesbians. Doesn’t sexual orientation come mostly from the mother? (It’s not a choice.)

by Anonymousreply 307July 11, 2019 1:17 PM

Numerous scholarly articles are in now that find the kids of same sex parents fare no worse than the kids of straight parents. The kids are Okay. I’m pretty sure Kit is okay, loved and supported. Most of the harm to these kids doesn’t come from gay parenting but from the discrimination they face, like being trolled on the DL for example.

by Anonymousreply 308July 11, 2019 1:57 PM

OH come on, telling your gay parents you are straight is not remotely close to coming out. They are not going to kick you out, you are not going to suffer bullying at school for being straight, there's absolutely no comparission.

And i still don't understand the need to talk about your kid sexual orientation to the world, it's like hey look even with are gay we are able to rise a totally "normal" kid

by Anonymousreply 309July 11, 2019 2:35 PM

R308 What are you talking about? Nobody here suggested that there was anything wrong with their kids or with gay parenting.

R309 Everyone who comes out does not get a negative response from parents, especially these days, but it is true that straight is considered more normative.

Gay parents aren’t more likely to raise gay children than straight parents, but they probably are generally more understanding because of their own experiences.

by Anonymousreply 310July 11, 2019 4:18 PM

I saw a recent picture of Zachary Quinto in Los Angeles and he had a beard. I had read that the filming of the film begins in mid-July. Now they must be rehearsing. So 'The sinner' will wait.

by Anonymousreply 311July 11, 2019 4:27 PM

R310, I completely agree with you.

I think they're indirectly arguing about the semantics of the phrase, "coming out" which simply means being honest about your orientation with the people around you. So did their son come out to them? Yes he did and it was obvious Matt mentioned it because it was relevant. He probably wanted them to know so they wouldn't speculate and could go forward knowing that about him.

[quote]I saw a recent picture of Zachary Quinto in Los Angeles and he had a beard. I had read that the filming of the film begins in mid-July. Now they must be rehearsing. So 'The sinner' will wait.

Yeah, they'd have to plan out and block all the scenes with the actors first. I don't think it will be a long shoot. They're all together for most of the play and in the old movie. The whole point of it is seeing their lives, at that party, on that day/night and we learn about them through their interactions at said party. I doubt there will be a lot of locations, sets, costume changes. It should be the easiest thing to produce once they do get started. They could also just not be shooting him yet.

From the way Matt described it the production will do exteriors (probably of the house and of the other people arriving since his character starts the play off already at the house) in NY after.

by Anonymousreply 312July 11, 2019 6:54 PM

The old movie had some exterior NYC scenes.

by Anonymousreply 313July 11, 2019 9:35 PM

Hope we’ll get some pictures from the set of BITB.

by Anonymousreply 314July 17, 2019 9:35 AM

The owner of the site blocked all "series" threads to outsiders and made them "people who pay/subscribers" only so no more series threads for the time being.

It's been an interesting run. (In case you wondered what's going on.)

by Anonymousreply 315July 24, 2019 5:43 PM

So future Bomer threads should avoid numerals, right?

by Anonymousreply 316July 24, 2019 7:40 PM

Very handsome Matt! in some photos of BITB he looks laughing, in photographs from last week he looked sad.

by Anonymousreply 317July 25, 2019 12:20 AM

BITB pics here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 25, 2019 12:31 AM

Next the site owner should try blocking any thread that gets more than a thousand views.

by Anonymousreply 319July 25, 2019 12:33 AM

BITB pix here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 25, 2019 12:33 AM

He is too skinny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 25, 2019 4:00 PM

R321 not really

by Anonymousreply 322July 25, 2019 5:52 PM

Will and Grace ends this season. Some chapters of the Renaissance were excellent! What will happen to McCoy and Will stay together?

by Anonymousreply 323July 25, 2019 10:23 PM

'Will and Grace' ends this season. Some chapters of the Renaissance were excellent! What will happen to McCoy and Will stay together?

by Anonymousreply 324July 25, 2019 10:41 PM

Hulu and Netflix broadcast White Collar depending on the country, so there could be a return in the future. Matt posted stories about the program on Instagram commented in large letters that it was a TBT. In August The Sinner begins filming, he said in an interview that he would be busy until the end of the year, at that time Doom Patrol second season was not yet confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 325July 26, 2019 12:32 PM

R325, they've had a general start date for a long time now for Doom Patrol. They just didn't release it to the public. They were held up negotiating the deal to air it on HBO Max. (And someone here posted that months ago along with exactly when they'd announce it.)

I think it's obvious the dinner a few months ago with the cast + Jeff Eastin talking about it now (after years) + along with Tim DeKay + Willie Garson making his video + and now Matt posting a TBT means they've probably got an opportunity to actually do something. I'm sure with the new streaming networks needing content (NBCUniversal announced their own yesterday when Matt posted the pic) they have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 326July 26, 2019 5:37 PM

White Collar would be a big hit again.

by Anonymousreply 327July 26, 2019 6:00 PM

The sinner will be filmed in the fall said Bill Pullman in an interview, he now also films a movie in LA.

by Anonymousreply 328July 27, 2019 7:21 PM

So he goes from boys to sinner to doom patrol? I wonder if he will be able to appear at all in Will and Grace.

by Anonymousreply 329July 30, 2019 11:09 AM

He’s a hard worker. He’ll fit it in. Who knows what else he may have planned for next year?

by Anonymousreply 330July 30, 2019 2:18 PM

Uh oh

Duckling will be outacted by Chris Messina on The Sinner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 1, 2019 4:20 PM

Ahh, two beautiful men on the same show.

by Anonymousreply 332August 2, 2019 12:13 AM

Bomer's acted with Denzel Washington, Russell Crowe, and Mark Ruffalo. I don't think he exactly shies away from working with talented costars. He may not be a Christian Bale or Sam Rockwell, but he's easily good enough that his performance can be improved rather than shown up by partnering with a stronger actor.

by Anonymousreply 333August 2, 2019 1:13 AM

Umm I’m guessing you never bothered to watch the Magnificent Seven

They didn’t have any scenes together

by Anonymousreply 334August 2, 2019 1:33 AM

I don't think he had any dialog with Russell Crowe's character either, I believe they just shot at each other. But they were both putting their acting skills on display in the same movie.

by Anonymousreply 335August 3, 2019 12:56 AM

It’s not exactly a competition. They will be costars.

by Anonymousreply 336August 3, 2019 2:15 AM

It’s not exactly a competition. They will be costars.

by Anonymousreply 337August 3, 2019 2:15 AM

Nice interview about acting techniques with Bomer on podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 4, 2019 12:09 PM

Bomer Jr is turning into a little DiCaprio per the new photo on Peabody Jr's instragram.

He may be hugely famous in just a few years.

by Anonymousreply 339August 16, 2019 2:55 PM

It looks like Duckling did not go to Andrew Rannells’ birthday party at Bruce Bozzi’s restaurant with the rest of the BITB cast.

Does he regret his sexual affair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 25, 2019 7:22 PM

Maybe he took the picture!

by Anonymousreply 341August 26, 2019 2:54 AM

Still beautiful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342August 26, 2019 9:32 PM

Duckling went to US Open with Michael B Washington

When was the last time this bitch seen his kids?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343September 8, 2019 9:44 PM

I wonder if they will need a young Luke Skywalker for the new Obi Wan series. Walker would be perfect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 14, 2019 1:00 PM

THR review of The Politician says that Murphy has cast David Corenswet in the "Matthew Bomer" part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 23, 2019 6:44 PM

Sadly, June of White Collar is gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346October 4, 2019 10:16 PM

New Matt Bomer thread. Sorry Simon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347October 17, 2019 12:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!