Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ben Barnes, Part X

Now with TEN TIMES the ambiguity!! Join us, won't you?

by Anonymousreply 9516 hours ago

Link to previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 103/25/2019

As I was saying....

"Real Man"! TeeHee...Ben must be loving that title. Some choice tidbits:

[quote] "I grew up in a household where my brother and I were often asked how we were feeling about whatever was going on with us."

Is this a polite, passive-aggressive British way of saying, "My parents were nosy and overbearing, and I had no private life"? I think it is.

[quote] "I am often the person that my friends will go to with their various life troubles or romantic woes. "

Sweet Jesus, how pathetic and hopeless a person must one be to go to BEN BARNES for relationship advice?!

by Anonymousreply 203/25/2019

R2, yeah, it's a bit odd.

Since Ben seems to have very little relationship experience himself, why would his friends want his advice?

Or is this one of those cases where friends want to speak to someone who is a bit cold & detached, and can offer a more objective, less romantic opinion?

by Anonymousreply 303/25/2019

[quote]Sweet Jesus, how pathetic and hopeless a person must one be to go to BEN BARNES for relationship advice?!

Thanks for the laugh R2

by Anonymousreply 403/25/2019

From the end of the previous thread:

[quote]Is that J&L's house, or is it Zelda's?

Looks like Ben is in J&L's kitchen. Here's another pic:

by Anonymousreply 503/25/2019

I think Julian served up a big batch of hash brownies shortly before the picture in the last thread was taken.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2019

Do you think Ben & Julian ping in this photo?

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2019

R7 did you just find DL today?! Ben and Julian ping in EVERY goddamn photo.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2019

Yes, I've seen other photos of Ben & Julian, R8.

I just thought they pinged more than usual in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2019

R4 LOL

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2019

So is Ben just friends with Julian & Landon, or do you think he's spent the night a few times . . .

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2019

Definitely FWB

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2019

And Landon took that photo, R12.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2019

Do we still not have a release date for Gold Digger?

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2019

OP, is that Ben, or Christian Bale?

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2019

R14 Noooooooope *sigh*

R15 That's Our Ben trying to be his Most Butch!

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2019

I remember reading that Gold Digger was on BBC's spring slate and given all the new interviews/photoshoots, it seems like it'll be out soon enough. But a date would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2019

BB needs to stop sharing the bad Punisher fan "art."

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2019

According to the Wikipedia page on "Gold Digger", it will air on BBC One in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2019

We know, R19. We're looking for something a little less vague.

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2019

One of the problems with Ben is that there's hardly anything to talk about.

He's going to be 38 in a few months and we still know Zero about his romantic life.

These threads are getting very slow.

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2019

I'd rather it be slow than rack up 50 threads like the Renner/Cavill/Timmy freaks. That's just embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2019

Yeah, those threads are pretty obsessed.

But these are the opposite and are too slow.

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2019

It's not us, it's Ben. Here's a gif to enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 2404/04/2019

A short yet award-worthy video.

by Anonymousreply 2504/04/2019

BB at the opening night of Division 19 w/ Suzie Halewood last night

by Anonymousreply 2604/06/2019

I want to lick his chest in the OP gif so bad.

by Anonymousreply 2704/07/2019

WFT is Division 19?

by Anonymousreply 2804/07/2019

LOL! WTF, I mean. And who is that frau?

by Anonymousreply 2904/07/2019

She directed Bigga Than Ben and has been trying to make this Division 19 movie since 2013.

by Anonymousreply 3004/07/2019

Is anyone else here reading the Richard Madden gay gossip tsunami that just happened? I have so much envy, wishing we could get even a fraction of this tea + receipts for BB!!

by Anonymousreply 3104/07/2019

R31, as we all know, BB refuses to allow anyone to be near him in public so he never gets photographed.

by Anonymousreply 3204/07/2019

Peasants must walk at least 10 feet behind BB at all times!

by Anonymousreply 3304/07/2019

What happened to his lovely hairs?

by Anonymousreply 3404/07/2019

Which lovely hairs, R34? His lovely couple of dozen chest hairs? I blame society.

If you mean the hair on his head, Ben hasn't had glorious flowing locks for ages now. It saddens me.

by Anonymousreply 3504/07/2019

^ lol

I wanna cry, too

by Anonymousreply 3604/07/2019

R35 why o why doth society make him shave approximately a 2" square patch of hair? It isn't excessive. I like a little hair.

Same with every male in the Marvel films. Evans, Stan, RDJ... what's wrong with chest hair?

by Anonymousreply 3704/07/2019

R31, yeah, it's amazing how many posts the Richard Madden thread is getting.

And the Julian Morris thread is more popular than Ben's thread, too. Julian & Landon share photos of themselves every week whereas Ben gives us nothing.

by Anonymousreply 3804/07/2019

Agreed, R38. Such a shame. What's wrong with looking like an adult male?

R38 I think the J&L thread is 75% one obsessive poster who just reposts everything from IG.

by Anonymousreply 3904/08/2019

Maybe we'll get a glimpse of BB's natural chest hair in 'Golddigger.' The English aren't so bothered with making all of their leading men look like waxy Ken dolls.

by Anonymousreply 4004/08/2019

I don’t understand how facial hair became such a rage but chest hair was still verboten? We could do with a little less on the face in exchange for some on the chest

by Anonymousreply 4104/08/2019

Agreed r 41. I miss Ben's jaw. He's a naturally beautiful man with a perfect jawline. Why hide it? I'm so ready for beards to go away.

by Anonymousreply 4204/08/2019

No official premiere date yet but Gold Digger is still listed as being on the spring 2019 slate so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

by Anonymousreply 4304/08/2019

R39, there are a number of us that post on the Julian Morris threads, but yeah, there are a couple of posters that are better at finding photos.

My point is that the reason these Ben threads are not as popular as some other actors on DL is because Ben gives us nothing to work with. As someone said above, Ben seems to have a "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" policy.

by Anonymousreply 4404/08/2019

But we get to engage in fun theorizing for lack of real content. The J&L thread is nothing but:

*picture link*

"Gosh aren't they handsome!"

"Yes, I agree!"

*repeat*

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 4504/09/2019

Fan sighting at the gym

by Anonymousreply 4604/11/2019

Ben goes to a plebeian gym like LA Fitness?

by Anonymousreply 4704/11/2019

Probably not anymore, R47.

by Anonymousreply 4804/12/2019

BB got pap'd the same day as the fan sighting at the gym. Don't recognize his friend, though.

by Anonymousreply 4904/12/2019

That looks a full body press hug, not entirely platonic. But she looks back at him and he doesn’t look back at her. She does have an adorable dog. Keep your heart pinned on the dog, hon

by Anonymousreply 5004/13/2019

The hug is very exaggerated LOL

by Anonymousreply 5104/13/2019

Maybe Ben has been keeping up with all of the Richard Madden gossip and is trying to head off rumors by being seen walking down a street with a female.

Look at this. Fag & Hag.

by Anonymousreply 5204/13/2019

95% sure that BB is saying, "Brunch next week, Gurl?" in pic above.

by Anonymousreply 5304/13/2019

This thread on Twitter 😂

by Anonymousreply 5404/13/2019

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 5504/13/2019

R53 R54 LOL

by Anonymousreply 5604/13/2019

Nobody knows who the hag is yet? I thought you were better than this. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 5704/13/2019

I don't think anyone cares, to be honest. She's not that Peyton person, and Ben has so many casual, interchangeable hag friends, why bother keeping track?

by Anonymousreply 5804/13/2019

Another one without the hag, because it's just too precious.

by Anonymousreply 5904/13/2019

Nipple alert

by Anonymousreply 6004/13/2019

R58 But do you still believing in his relationship with Peyton? She is just another toy for him. When he gets bored he will left her.

by Anonymousreply 6104/13/2019

R61. No, I never did believe in that "relationship" with Peyton, which is why I'd like more proof. For the record, I think Ben is a heavily gay-leaning bisexual with issues.

by Anonymousreply 6204/13/2019

So. Many. Issues.

by Anonymousreply 6304/13/2019

Apparently BB’s friend might be the actress Lily Robinson.

by Anonymousreply 6404/14/2019

Her IG is private, but Ethan Peck follows her. Ben doesn't. (At least not with his official account.)

by Anonymousreply 6504/14/2019

Following up on my own post: I decided to IG stalk Lily. She accepted my follow request and I got the impression that she doesn't know Ben very well, or maybe just met him. She follows his Public account but not the private one, he doesn't follow her at all. She also appears to have a boyfriend who is an author.

So, yet another of Ben's British Hag Squad. Move along.

by Anonymousreply 6604/14/2019

She was also briefly, maybe incorrectly, linked to Johnny Depp earlier this year. Didn't realize that was her until I saw her with BB.

by Anonymousreply 6704/14/2019

R66 perfect opportunity for BBs Favorite activity, 3rd wheeling. Is the writer BF cute?

by Anonymousreply 6804/14/2019

He's kinda cute. Here he is with that cute dog.

by Anonymousreply 6904/14/2019

Cut or uncut? Sizemeat verificatia?

Has Ben ever commented on his thoughts on doing frontal nudity?

by Anonymousreply 7004/14/2019

He’s said that he would prefer to go commando rather than wear a cock sock but that wasn’t saying he would do full frontal. He had the chance in both Westworld and Punisher to volunteer. Would the producers say no? Would they have to pay him more money?

by Anonymousreply 7104/14/2019

The camera should have shown his junk being smushed into the saddle in his nude scene in Westworld. It would have accentuated the stripping of Logan's dignity, his total humiliation, in that moment. Kind of a parallel to Quarterman's nudity power inversion in season two.

by Anonymousreply 7204/14/2019

Westworld probably would've been our best chance if he was going to do it. I don't think any of the Netflix Marvel shows showed anything other than the occasional ass shot or side boob.

by Anonymousreply 7304/14/2019

I have a theory based on nothing that he has been filming Westworld and that's why he shaved and fell off the face of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 74Last Monday at 2:42 PM

Entirely possible he's been filming Westworld lately.. but I remember other cast members previously saying production was starting up again at the end of March. So he's maybe been filming Westworld, but only for a possible couple weeks. And he shaved and fell off the face of the Earth months ago. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 75Last Monday at 3:02 PM

You wouldn't be the only one R74 I've seen some people theorizing that he's been working on it, but,other than him staying in LA + growing his hair out, I don't know if there's much else that points to it being the case.

If not Westworld, maybe that tv series based on a book he briefly mentioned in a past interview is moving forward?

by Anonymousreply 76Last Monday at 3:31 PM

Wasn't there some rumour about the Anne Rice novels and his trip to NOLA?

by Anonymousreply 77Last Tuesday at 9:26 PM

We started that here r77

by Anonymousreply 78Last Tuesday at 11:17 PM

I think the Anne Rice show must be DOA or in development hell. Haven't heard anything about it for over a year.

by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 2:07 AM

He must be ill to allow two gym shots in one week.

by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 1:26 PM

Here's the full video for anyone interested. These fans tend to crop pics/videos.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 1:32 PM

Is it still the Universal City LA Fitness? Why don't one of you hos get a membership over there already?

by Anonymousreply 82Last Wednesday at 3:18 PM

I could’ve sworn someone here said they went to the same gym as BB* in a past thread.

* not that they saw him, just that they also worked out there

by Anonymousreply 83Last Thursday at 1:53 AM

Why isn’t BB at the comic cons raking in the autograph money? Is he that comfortable? Frugal? Prideful? Kept by a rich sugar daddy?

by Anonymousreply 84Last Friday at 8:13 PM

I dunno R84, I've wondered that myself. Doesn't seem to be beneath Bernthal or Moore.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Friday at 10:00 PM

R84 I think a little of each. He does strike me as being pretty cheap -- I mean, look at his wardrobe. And prideful, for sure. Maybe he had a sugar daddy at one point, plus his well-off parents.

by Anonymousreply 86Yesterday at 3:02 AM

Maybe Bb doesn’t get invited to Comic Con?! He’s not the main man in The Punisher series. He’s quite prideful. Hubris tends to be the downfall of many celebs, A-lister or not. And to be honest BB isn’t a toff amongst toff like famous brit toffs like Eddie Redmayne who’s an Eton boy and a school mate of Princes Wills & Harry, same as Tom Hiddleston who’s also an Eton-alum, same goes with Benedict Cumberbatch who’s an alum of Harrow School (much more expensive than Eton College). I don’t think he can be called “toff” tbh. Compared to the abovementioned guys, BB is just ordinary. The only thing going for BB, imho, is he’s much more handsome compared to those “toffs” above.

by Anonymousreply 87a day ago

Toffs! 🇬🇧

by Anonymousreply 88a day ago

Jason Moore gets invited to all the cons, so I'd be surprised if Barnes didn't. Michael Nathansen does too and he bought it in season 1. Maybe they don't offer him enough $$ to deal with the unwashed masses of con-goers.

by Anonymousreply 89a day ago

Probably he does but it seems like BB isn’t keen on attending comic cons and he probably feels that’s it’s beneath him?! Lol Just guessing. I don’t know. BB is such a weird person, in more ways than one.

by Anonymousreply 90a day ago

I don’t get the impression that he likes engaging with fans?

by Anonymousreply 9121 hours ago

I agree with R90 and R91. He's both too stuck up and also too paranoid to attend cons. Imagine! A fan might find out something personal about him like which flavor of mineral water he fancies or what brand of shoes he wears. Horror!!

He'd be a big draw. He's a geekdom triple threat with Punisher, Westworld, and Narnia. Though the cons would have to hire so much extra security to keep the fangirl mob in line, they'd end up losing money on him. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 9220 hours ago

Ehhh do we think he has that many fans? Seems like just a vocal minority?

by Anonymousreply 9320 hours ago

I think he’d be huge. Also think he avoids it partly so his more obsessive fans don’t have a definite place they can meet him.

by Anonymousreply 9419 hours ago

Lol BB is a total psycho by the sounds of it!

by Anonymousreply 9516 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!