Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

College Admissions Scam, Operation Varsity Blues: Part Seven

For when Part Six is full, or your phone has bogged out because the thread got too long.

Link to Part Six below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 26, 2020 6:59 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2019 3:09 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2019 6:53 AM

With that kind of donation, she could be pink polka dots and get in.

USC has had a certain cachet among bougie and rich blacks for some time--entertainment and sports.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2019 7:10 AM

Dumbass Dre basically drew attention to the fact that her daughter got in as result of hefty donation. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2019 7:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2019 8:41 AM

[quote]well, she's black, so probably easier for her to get in.

No, asshole at R2! Ger being black didn't have to have anything to do with it. Sometimes black people are smart enough to get into schools because they're actually very smart.

What a POS.

She was smart enough to not raise any red flags at USC if they let her in + her father's donation was enough.

If Huffman and Loughlin had 70 million their kids would have gotten in too but they didn't.

FYI: That donation was made back in 2013 so it wasn't specifically so that kid could go to that school. He's probably relieved she liked it as an option.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2019 9:54 AM

R6--LOL. If the kid was alive, that 2013 donation was made with her in mind. Development types plan ahead.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2019 10:35 AM

Don’t be a cunt, r2. She didn’t get in because she’s black. She got in because of her dad’s donation.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2019 12:53 PM

Cantor Fitzgerald billionaire Howard Lutnick made a huge donation — rumored to be $20 million — to Stanford, where two of his sons go, but only after the eldest was a junior there, a spokeswoman for Lutnick told me. Lutnick has also given $65 million to his alma mater, Haverford College.

“Saturday Night Live” producer Lorne Michaels made donations totaling in the six figures to the three universities where his kids went — Yale, Dartmouth and Vanderbilt — through the Michaels Family Foundation.

A spokeswoman for Michaels said the money was given only after the children were accepted, and that Michaels also donates to several other schools he has no connection to.

“Colleges are eager to admit children of rich people and celebrities even if a donation is not immediately forthcoming,” Golden told me. “The presence of celebrities at parents’ weekends and similar events generates favorable buzz and publicity that can translate into more giving from impressed parents and alums.”

Meryl Streep has donated $2 million to Vassar, which is her alma mater and where two of her daughters are alumnae, and DreamWorks co-founder Jeffrey Katzenberg gave $1.25 million to Boston University a year after his twins, who are now in their mid-30s, graduated.

Michael Ovitz got a son into Brown University, according to Golden, and while the boy lasted only a year, the university reaped big benefits.

“Ovitz brought a number of his key clients, A-list people like Martin Scorsese, for well-publicized events that gave the campus, you know, a lot of panache,” Golden said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2019 2:14 PM

Lots of black people get in on their own merit. But int his case, Dr Dre's healthy $70 million donation secured his daughter's admission. He's just too stupid too realize that everyone would make that association immediately, especially in light of the serious allegations right now. Is his daughter an Instagram "influencer"? She poses like one.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2019 4:24 PM

$70 million donation? Fuck but that's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2019 4:56 PM

What r11 said. Jared got into Harvard with $2.5 million. Why would Dr. Dre draw attention to that? What a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2019 5:01 PM

I am assuming Felicity Huffman won’t be replaced as CUNT Linda Fairstein in the upcoming Central Park 5 show with by Ava DuVernay. She’s very well cast.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2019 5:09 PM

R5 Looking forward to Jodie going back off the rails with this show ending

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2019 5:28 PM

At least USC got a building from Dre. They didn't get (nor would ever get) diddly from Lori and Mr. Lori except the precious presence of their sweet little Oliva J.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2019 8:03 PM

USC is big on alumni networks--Loughlin/Massimo are well-connected. Seriously, they should have just gotten the kids ACT tutors, made sure they took some mindless classes for easy As and endowed a chair at a school. That would have gotten OJ and her sister in without breaking the law.

There wasn't a big need to cheat, that's what's so dumb about all of this.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2019 8:36 PM

It's ok imo to admit a certain number of students because their parents or relatives gave large donations. They should just be transparent about it; they should reports the numbers every year.

Say an upper tier school admits 1500 freshman every year. They can do that, and also admit a quota of say, 8 to 10 'large donor' kids on top of it - freshman who's first or second degree relatives have made large gifts in the prior five year period to that school. Transparency is key here - just admit you do it and report the numbers annually so people can see it.

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2019 12:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2019 2:03 AM

Rowers Speak More!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2019 2:04 AM

Cry me a river

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2019 2:59 AM

Can someone give me some background on this Rick Singer character? Religion mainly.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2019 3:01 AM

r21 I'm sure Google can. Have at it.

by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote]some background on this Rick Singer character? Religion mainly.

You mean is he a Jew pissing in the American Soup (again)?

Gee, i don't know...

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2019 3:17 AM

money make the world go round, the world go round, the world go round

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2019 3:34 AM

[quote]Is his daughter an Instagram "influencer"? She poses like one.

The smug daughter's name is Truly Young. Yes. Her real name.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2019 3:39 AM

Mr Lori is a trump humper...eeewww. Side note I saw my first MAGA hat wearer in CA at an rv resort giving chocolate ice cream to a dog. Was afraid if I said anything he’d shoot.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2019 5:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2019 2:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2019 2:36 PM

Dr. Dre deleted his instagram post after tons of people called him out on his past donations to USC. At the very least a few people will probably give his daughter shit next year at USC.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]Is his daughter an Instagram "influencer"? She poses like one.

Her IG has 108k followers. There's an article from a couple of years where she plays the guitar and is a self taught singer. She has a youtube channel that has a music video that she did.

This is one of the comments on the video

"70 million dollars and no jail time? Privileged MUCH???"

Dr. Dre didn't do anything illegal. But, his daughter lives a very privileged life. She could very well be an intelligent young woman who has worked hard academically. The bragging comment from her father backfired on them and people are bashing them on the comments sections of her instagram posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2019 3:48 PM

I want to know who paid 6.5 million! I have many bridges to sell!

The parent who plunked down a whopping $6.5 million as part of the nationwide college admissions scandal remains a mystery nearly two weeks after prosecutors indicted 50 people in connection with the scheme, according to a new report.

The deep-pocketed mom or dad paid the massive sum to get his or her children into elite schools, the Los Angeles Times reported. The names of the schools involved are also unknown.

While prosecutors have spoken about the $6.5 million figure at court and at a news conference, the hundreds of pages of charging documents make no mention of who was behind the alleged payment, according to the report.

“The name was not divulged,” Christina Sterling, a spokeswoman for the US Attorney’s Office in Boston, told the paper in an email. “We did not tie the amount to anyone by name. That is not public.”

Sterling would not say whether the person who allegedly made the payment is among those already charged in the scheme. But that’s probably not the case, because court records show no one else paid anything close to that amount, the paper reported.

Andrew Lelling, the US attorney for Massachusetts, told the paper the case is ongoing.

A source with knowledge of the case told the outlet that federal authorities are demanding any names not included in the charges filed at Boston federal court.

Some of the parents already charged have been pressured to connect prosecutors to others involved in the scheme, according to the report.

While it’s not clear exactly how many people were involved in the scam, plot mastermind William “Rick” Singer had more than 700 clients, according to the report.

Wealthy parents allegedly paid Singer to help their kids cheat on college admissions tests and falsify their athletic records.

Actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, along with Loughlin’s fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, have been charged in the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2019 4:15 PM

R26 Lori supported Clinton in 2016. Her husband likes Trump

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2019 5:22 PM

Truly young, Dr. dre's daughter will inherit a billion dollars. At least. No exageration. The Giannulli spawn will each inherit about 300 million, or much more.

Why are these idiots going to college? They cannot live a scholarly life on their own? It is necessary to deprive normal children, without hundreds of millions of dollars, the opportunity to study for a profession?

Rich people are just as stupid as everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2019 7:01 PM

Again R32 where are the receipts? Huffman's support is well documented.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2019 7:50 PM

I'm guessing the 6.5 million dollar mystery asshole is someone at Google, Twitter, Facebook or the like. Just a hunch. Perhaps a high level politician. Someone with enough power to keep traps shut...for now.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2019 8:35 PM

I just wanna know how much of a fuckup that kid has to be.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2019 8:52 PM

Huffman’s kid’s SAT score went up to 1420 with the proctor’s help. Which means she made a 1020. Which means she is perhaps decorative but not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2019 12:15 AM

6.5 million must have been used to bribe the whole fucking admission dept.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2019 12:35 AM

If Huffman's kid went from a 1020 up to a 1420 in a short time that should have been a huge red flag to someone. My nephew just took his PSATs early, cold (in 10th grade, a year before the official test) and got a 1360. We figure even with test prep courses over the next few months he still won't break much beyond early 1400s; with more prep for a year after he's aiming for the mid-1400s, high 1400s on SATs with luck. There's just a point of plateauing in a kids testing ability, once it's hit

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2019 12:41 AM

R39 it should have been a red flag. Apparently, they thought that 400 was as great an improvement as possible without alerting anyone....but it’s way too much.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2019 1:12 AM

Collusion...

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2019 1:50 AM

My kid just got into USC, but this scandal really does leave a bad taste in the mouth. We'll see what the financial-aid packet said, but who wants to spend tons of money to send their kid to a school where you have anti-bragging rights? I expect I'm not the only parent who feels this way. Some people love USC and have a USC dream, but for a lot of admits, it's one of many schools--mostly because everyone's applying to so many school. If you got into USC, sans legacy or bribe, odds are you got in elsewhere .

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2019 2:25 AM

R42, i understand your situation. Do you and your child have a back up plan school? Just because she/he was admitted doesn't mean they have to accept and attend in the fall. What are your other college options? In the end, if USC truly is the best school for your kid, just hang your head high and complete the enrollment. Congrats!

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2019 2:59 AM

"A professor at an elite US school says an influx of unskilled and entitled students is monopolizing faculty time: ‘They will eat you alive.’"

If you think corruption in elite US college admissions is bad, what happens once those students are in the classroom is even worse.

I know, because I teach at an elite American university – one of the oldest and best-known, which rejects about 90% of applicants each year for the small number of places it can offer to undergraduates.

[...]

Students who can’t get into elite schools through the front door based on academic merit don’t change once they’re in class. They can’t do the work, and are generally uninterested in gaining the skills they need in order to do well.

In comparing stories, we have also found that such students strive to “work the system”, using university procedures to get the grades they desire, rather than those they have earned, and if necessary to punish faculty who refuse to accede to those demands. It is perhaps unsurprising that students whose parents circumvent the rules to get them into elite universities are often the ones who become adept at manipulating the university system in a corrupt way.

[...]

Students who represent money, whether in the form of their parents’ donations or athletic prowess that attracts viewers and media coverage, are simply worth more to universities as long-term sources of revenue than the faculty themselves. However well-known our names might be, most of us can easily be replaced from among the army of un- and under-employed PhDs struggling for a place in a shrinking labor market. We, not the rich students, are expendable

[...]

To save themselves and their careers, many of my colleagues have decided that it is no longer worth it to uphold high expectations in the classroom. “Lower your standards,” they advise new colleagues. “The fight isn’t worth it, and the administration won’t back you up if you try.”

Whole article at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2019 3:17 AM

There should be lists - formal or informal - of these 'donor' students circulated at the schools they attend, so they can be handled accordingly. Why bring down the standards for everyone else because someone's family donated? It eventually lowers the value of the institution's degree, once the lower standards become common knowledge. Transparency is key.

Look at USC right now - it will take some time before they re-gain their ascendant academic reputation. Maybe years.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2019 3:40 AM

i got a 1200 on my sats, it just barely got me in college, im no genius so why should i aim for the impossible

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2019 4:50 AM

r45 the reputation is more important than the standards. That goes both ways, too. The value of the name attached to the degree is great enough for both parties that the standards will be secondary in the real world, where reputations can matter more than actual, technical skills/work.

Obviously, the harder sciences are the exception. All the amorphous liberal arts categories are different. I'd love to know who this is & where they teach. I'm surprised with all the academics we have on DL, someone hasn't outted him/her.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2019 5:46 AM

Oh Dre, you dummy. As Ice Cube said, "yo Dre, stick to producin'. " and to paraphrase Eazy, "Dre Day was USC's payday."

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2019 5:49 AM

R43, yeah, my rugrat got into several of the UCs (though not UCLA or Berkeley) and Emory, so there are options. I know USC is a good school, but for a serious student (and my kid is one), it's kind of a joke right now. Just makes me think about it being a school of Greeks and jocks like it was 30 years ago. Maybe the Trojan leopard hasn't changed its spots after all.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2019 6:09 AM

[quote]Truly young, Dr. dre's daughter will inherit a billion dollars. At least. No exageration. The Giannulli spawn will each inherit about 300 million, or much more.

[quote]Why are these idiots going to college? They cannot live a scholarly life on their own? It is necessary to deprive normal children, without hundreds of millions of dollars, the opportunity to study for a profession?

This article said that Truly is going to attend USC's film program. I bet after she graduates USC, Dre will start some kind of production company to help her get leg up in the business.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2019 10:20 PM

R46 - I got a 780 on my SATs in the late 70s. I got into 5 universities based on my family’s legacy connections. I earned As as an undergrad and completed 2 Masters. I was battling drug and alcohol addiction at 17. I’m surprised I got sober and focused on college. My parents had no money, but my family had influential friends. I guess that’s playing the system, but Pierre Bourdieu said things work.

by Anonymousreply 51March 27, 2019 12:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2019 12:32 AM

Jussie Smollet's community service should have been to tutor Olivia Jade. That would be torture.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Olivia Jade sounds like Erika Jayne...trashy

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2019 5:14 AM

Well Erika Jayne might be trashy, but she's smart. Where is the second wave as promised? *whine* I want more dirt.

by Anonymousreply 55March 28, 2019 7:19 AM

Is OJ the dumbest celebrity kid to date?

by Anonymousreply 56March 28, 2019 11:25 PM

someone explain to me how olivia jade is dumb,1000 sat is pretty average.

by Anonymousreply 57March 29, 2019 2:47 AM

Is the former DOJ trial attorney from Part Six still with us? If so, please speak up. I may need your help on another thread. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 58March 29, 2019 2:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59March 29, 2019 2:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 29, 2019 3:15 PM

I bet Kimora’s kid is smart!

by Anonymousreply 61March 30, 2019 1:29 AM

Kimora looks like a drag queen now

by Anonymousreply 62March 30, 2019 2:01 AM

R57 Don't forget that you're posting on a site where 8 inches is considered tinymeat.

by Anonymousreply 63March 30, 2019 3:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 1, 2019 9:43 PM

Who does she think she’s kidding?

by Anonymousreply 65April 1, 2019 9:50 PM

R65 I am pretty sure "Yoga class" is Ms. Lori's term for "my dealer". She must have been running low, and forced out to resupply. If we see her on the way back sporting a less concave camel toe, we'll know I'm right.

That visor makes me want to smack her.

by Anonymousreply 66April 1, 2019 10:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 2, 2019 2:20 AM

Poor Lori, this mess and her unfortunate looking older daughter.

by Anonymousreply 68April 2, 2019 2:21 AM

On a positive note, she's in great shape for a 50-something

by Anonymousreply 69April 2, 2019 3:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 2, 2019 9:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71April 2, 2019 8:25 PM

R70 Who would have guessed William was the best looking in the Macy family.

by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2019 10:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2019 2:14 AM

They are in court today. I read the prosecutor wants jail time, even in a plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 74April 3, 2019 5:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75April 3, 2019 5:51 PM

Husband wasn't charged.

by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2019 5:57 PM

r76 I know that, but you think he would be there to support her.

by Anonymousreply 77April 3, 2019 5:59 PM

Why draw attention to himself R77. Isn't there a rumor they aren't getting along?

by Anonymousreply 78April 3, 2019 6:13 PM

Lori Laughlin gets the Clueless Entitled Cunt Award. I wonder if her attitude will also affect Huffman adversely as well, or if Huffman will look slightly better in comparison. Huffman paid less in her part of the bribery scheme, so there's that. I can't stand either of them but Loughlin definitely comes off worse.

by Anonymousreply 79April 3, 2019 6:16 PM

*Lori Loughlin (fucking auto-correct).

by Anonymousreply 80April 3, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]Meryl Streep has donated $2 million to Vassar, which is her alma mater and where two of her daughters are alumnae

Meryl’s situation is not the same. Vassar is HER OWN alma mater. Lots of people make donations to the schools they graduated from. It’s not unreasonable that her daughters would apply to the same school.

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2019 6:22 PM

I thought today would be jumping. This is boring! Wah!

Another non fan of Ms. Lori:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2019 6:22 PM

This picture from today perfectly sums up the state of our culture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83April 3, 2019 6:46 PM

The Macy girls are still in HS so maybe Dad is home with the kids?

by Anonymousreply 84April 3, 2019 6:49 PM

Is Lori coked up, or is it Adderall?

by Anonymousreply 85April 3, 2019 6:51 PM

r85 Probably a lot from column C and a little from column A. Since it's a court appearance, I would say it's an Adderall day. When she gets home, she'll be back to hoovering it up in the Jacuzzi.

It would be a beautiful thing if she got busted for coke during her appearance though.

by Anonymousreply 86April 3, 2019 7:02 PM

HOLY FRAU-DOM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87April 3, 2019 7:36 PM

I finally found someone reporting from the court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 3, 2019 8:22 PM

No more coke for Lori!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 3, 2019 8:24 PM

R88/R89

by Anonymousreply 90April 3, 2019 9:09 PM

Your fucking point r90?

by Anonymousreply 91April 3, 2019 9:45 PM

They gonna go to jail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 3, 2019 10:12 PM

Prosecutors want jail time for everyone charged in the $25 million college admissions scam, including actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, according to reports Wednesday.

A law enforcement official with knowledge of the matter said Huffman and Loughlin, who are among 33 parents charged in the case, could get sentenced to between six and 21 months behind bars if they plead guilty or are convicted at trial, CNN reported.

“You can’t have people being treated differently because they have money,” an unidentified fed told TMZ.

“That’s how we got to this place. Every defendant will be treated the same.”

Each parent is charged by complaint with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud, which carries a maximum 20 years in prison.

More charges could be added if they’re indicted.

As many as 10 of the parents are expected to strike plea deals by mid-April, according to CNN.

by Anonymousreply 93April 3, 2019 10:13 PM

shameless cunt. tried to schmooze with prosecutors in court. she probably fucked for parts too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 3, 2019 10:13 PM

Felicity is thanking Sweet Baby Jesus that Lori is going Full Cunt.

"Yes, throw the book at HER! HER OVER THERE!"

by Anonymousreply 95April 3, 2019 10:16 PM

She’s gotta be mighty pissed that she lost those Hallmark deals. Those movies were all she had.

by Anonymousreply 96April 3, 2019 10:17 PM

I smell a book being written R96.

by Anonymousreply 97April 3, 2019 10:19 PM

Won't somebody think of the #hearties ???????????????????/

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 3, 2019 10:20 PM

I would GLADLY contribute to Lori's defense fund if she and OJ would do a YouTube video sharing how they really feel about the Hearties and Full House Fraus

by Anonymousreply 99April 3, 2019 10:25 PM

I don’t think she should have to do any jail time. I am satisfied that her daughter has dropped out of USC and now hates her.

She should also have to pay any taxes she wrote off.

Jussie Smollett got away scot-free, what she did isn’t worse.

by Anonymousreply 100April 3, 2019 10:29 PM

At least one of Meryl's daughters went to Northwestern, which is Celebrity Child Central. I'm surprised NU hasn't been mixed up in this scandal yet.

by Anonymousreply 101April 3, 2019 10:32 PM

Mamie Gummer went to Northwestern, not Vasser.

by Anonymousreply 102April 3, 2019 10:34 PM

If Martha Stewart had to do 9 months, these bitches should have to do time as well. Especially Lori. Lori should get extra time just on her cuntery alone.

r95 My thoughts exactly!

by Anonymousreply 103April 3, 2019 11:14 PM

And now Jazz is going to Harvard! I hate to admit that this series of events may be the best advert for community college EVER

by Anonymousreply 104April 4, 2019 1:11 AM

I bet Macy and Huffman get divorced within a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 105April 4, 2019 1:48 AM

Uh-oh Lori...

The responses on Facebook are...lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 4, 2019 1:51 AM

My kid had a 34 ACT, 4.3GPA, 18th in her class of 551, is an award winning piano player, and was captain of her debate team. She got in NO where that she applied. No where. She worked her ass off. College admissions is crazy town. Knowing now that even with a background like that she’d be shut out, I’d cheat to get her in where she wanted to go if I could afford it.

by Anonymousreply 107April 4, 2019 2:00 AM

r107 Do they ever give a reason why? Or is it just a hockey buzzer noise in the form of a rejection letter?

by Anonymousreply 108April 4, 2019 2:07 AM

I had to google to see if R104 was joking...

by Anonymousreply 109April 4, 2019 2:11 AM

R107 ‘s kid must have written a truly shit essay.

It’s all about the essay.

by Anonymousreply 110April 4, 2019 2:12 AM

No reason R108 just a letter. And, R110, her essays (different prompt at each school) weren’t Shakespeare but they were good. Reviewed by her counselor and English teachers. You may be right though. Because I can’t explain it and she is devastated.

by Anonymousreply 111April 4, 2019 2:21 AM

r111 Maybe she should take a gap year. Travel, get some life experience, become a bit more well rounded and give it another go. Maybe she was a bit *too* "polished"?

by Anonymousreply 112April 4, 2019 2:25 AM

"My kid had a 34 ACT, 4.3GPA, 18th in her class of 551, is an award winning piano player, and was captain of her debate team. She got in NO where that she applied. No where."

Apparently, she's not smart enough to understand the concept of safety schools.

by Anonymousreply 113April 4, 2019 3:29 AM

nowhere*

by Anonymousreply 114April 4, 2019 3:32 AM

How could your daughter not have chosen a safety school to apply to as well?

by Anonymousreply 115April 4, 2019 12:05 PM

[quote]I bet Macy and Huffman get divorced within a couple of years.

You give it that long, huh? I’m not giving it another two months. They’re already showing a strained relationship in public.

by Anonymousreply 116April 4, 2019 1:13 PM

Link, photo R116? Right now we have a rumor, which something like this would strain any relationship.

by Anonymousreply 117April 4, 2019 1:27 PM

What counts as a safety school? We did the research as best we could and applied at two schools with lesser GPA and ACT requirements—at least they were lesser according to college application websites. She should have been a shoo-in at both. But, no. So now we turn to the schools that allow you to apply right up until August. No essays. No recommendations. Just an low to average ACT score and proof that you’ve graduated. She is looking at those and will choose one. Not what she wanted or worked so hard for but it’ll have to do.

by Anonymousreply 118April 4, 2019 1:29 PM

Link or photo to what?

by Anonymousreply 119April 4, 2019 1:29 PM

Showing their "strained" relationship R119.

by Anonymousreply 120April 4, 2019 1:32 PM

From the NY Post

[quote]Her appearance without “Shameless” star Macy followed a report last month that said their relationship hit the rocks following her blockbuster arrest.

From ET online:

[quote]A source tells ET that the scandal has definitely affected the longtime couple's relationship.

From Yahoo’s headline:

[quote]Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy's Marriage Strained Amid College Admissions Scandal

From the Daily Fail headline:

[quote]William H Macy and Felicity Huffman's 21-year marriage under pressure as the two 'argue a lot' amid college cheating scandal

FFS every news outlet is reporting it. Oh, and i didn’t quote gossip sites and the like.

by Anonymousreply 121April 4, 2019 1:35 PM

OK R121. In other words it is just gossip.

by Anonymousreply 122April 4, 2019 1:39 PM

Call it what you will. How can anyone have anything other than that with respect to someone else’s marriage?

But when every TV station that I watched last night covering this says the same thing, I tend to believe it. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Oh, perhaps you didn’t see the header when you came in. This is a GOSSIP site, you dolt.

by Anonymousreply 123April 4, 2019 1:44 PM

Please do not help her with any future essays, r118.

by Anonymousreply 124April 4, 2019 1:46 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 4, 2019 7:15 PM

I wonder why WHM didn’t accompany Felicity to Boston for the hearing. Trouble in paradise, Lynette?

by Anonymousreply 126April 4, 2019 7:39 PM

Oh, don’t suggest that, R126, like every other media outlet is announcing. You’ll be asked to produce “proof,” and after you do so it’ll be dismissed as “rumors.”

by Anonymousreply 127April 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Their two daughters are in high school. Is it not crazy that he might have stayed behind for that? Could be trouble in paradise but...occam's razor

by Anonymousreply 128April 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Oh god, their kids aren't toddlers, and I'm sure they could have found a family friend to stay with them while he went to accompany his wife. Felt like a very telegraphed message. Maybe they thought it was a better look for Felicity to be "alone" in this. Whatever look was being served, it was way better than Lori's meet and greet, autograph expo.

by Anonymousreply 129April 4, 2019 7:48 PM

R128, why would he stay home to help a high schooler? If you’re in high school, you can make your own breakfast, get in the shower and get to school.

And if your wife is going through a traumatic event such as this—in my opinion, deservedly so—you go to court to support her. Even if you didn’t support her, in a high profile case like this the attorney would likely recommend a show of solidarity at the minimum. Plus their PR teams would know the media would deem it scandalous that he wasn’t there.

by Anonymousreply 130April 4, 2019 7:51 PM

R129 Yes I'm sure that whatever they're doing is for PR, and they're being much better advised than Lori "Red Carpet" Loughlin

by Anonymousreply 131April 4, 2019 7:51 PM

Loughlin wants people to think it’s no big deal and she doesn’t believe she’s done anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 132April 4, 2019 7:59 PM

That was very Joan Crawford of Lori.

“My fans! They’re life and death to me, baby!”

by Anonymousreply 133April 4, 2019 8:01 PM

All these celebrities bragging about their kids getting into college need to shut the fuck up. It's because they are paying full tuition, or more (if they are really stupid) via a huge donation to that colleges' endowment. It's not like their brats are going to be medical doctors or scientists.

Hey, the public is not stupid like your dumb kid!

by Anonymousreply 134April 4, 2019 8:14 PM

What this case really exposes is that private schools are really crap. Public schools are much better.

by Anonymousreply 135April 4, 2019 8:15 PM

"We did the research as best we could and applied at two schools with lesser GPA and ACT requirements—at least they were lesser according to college application websites."

Define "lesser" - and it is pretty easy to find the average SAT/ACT scores for each college

by Anonymousreply 136April 4, 2019 8:15 PM

I agree, R136. I went to a public high school in Northern Virginia that was excellent. And I went to school with the children of Congressman, Supreme Court justices, etc. who you otherwise might have thought would be shipped off to private schools.

by Anonymousreply 137April 4, 2019 8:17 PM

R133 "Lori, do you have a message for your devoted Hearties?"

by Anonymousreply 138April 4, 2019 8:18 PM

*Congressmen

by Anonymousreply 139April 4, 2019 8:18 PM

Did anyone see the clip of Lori yesterday where the girl was yelling, “Lori! Lori, pay my tuition, Lori!”?

I enjoyed that.

by Anonymousreply 140April 4, 2019 8:30 PM

This thing is going to go on for a loooong time. Now people are following the money, and it's ending up all over the place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 4, 2019 9:38 PM

Their kids may have to testify against them. I hope OJ flips the fuck out on the stand.

Please baby jesus, let this be televised!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142April 5, 2019 12:27 AM

OMG!

What will I wear?

by Anonymousreply 143April 5, 2019 1:04 AM

How do you get a 4.3 GPA?

by Anonymousreply 144April 5, 2019 1:14 AM

Camel and gray. I am not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 145April 5, 2019 1:17 AM

R144 AP classes earn a 5.0 for an "A" and regular classes earn a 4.0 for an "A." So , depending on how many AP classes you take, your GPA average will take your GPA over a 4.0. So, a student with a 4.0 is not as impressive as in the old days. A 4.6 would impress, with excellent SAT and ACT scores.

by Anonymousreply 146April 5, 2019 1:20 AM

[quote]He bought the fencing coach’s house. Then his son got into Harvard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 5, 2019 4:12 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148April 5, 2019 6:15 PM

The most bizarre fact of all however may be that the student in question had a perfect score on his SATs and received just a single 'B' during his four years at the prestigious Saint Albans School in Washington DC.

by Anonymousreply 149April 5, 2019 6:18 PM

R147 and r148 I posted about it first! Where is MY love? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

by Anonymousreply 150April 5, 2019 7:09 PM

[quote] The most bizarre fact of all however may be that the student in question had a perfect score on his SATs and received just a single 'B' during his four years at the prestigious Saint Albans School in Washington DC.

Look at Harvard discrimination against Asians. Got to make room for stellar students like David Hogg and Jazz Jennings.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2019 10:01 PM

r151 doesn't even know what scores Jazz Jennings or David Hogg received.....probably just a bitter Republican.

by Anonymousreply 152April 6, 2019 2:31 AM

r152 If you ever watched the show, Jazz makes OJ look like Einstein. Limited doesn't even come close. Can't speak to the Hogg kid, except he should get that last name sorted. Maybe if he has a nice middle name, style himself Anthony-Hogg or whatever. Yes, I am shallow.

by Anonymousreply 153April 6, 2019 8:39 PM

I’m assuming Jazz will be majoring in Gender Studies.

by Anonymousreply 154April 6, 2019 8:44 PM

I guess he has to, R154. Will he ever get to stop for a minute and have his own thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 155April 6, 2019 8:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 6, 2019 8:50 PM

r155 Not while his mother is still alive. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 157April 6, 2019 8:51 PM

Bella is certainly not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 6, 2019 9:07 PM

Nicole Kidman wins the "Never name your kid Isabella" award:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 6, 2019 9:23 PM

Hiiiii R159

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160April 6, 2019 9:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2019 12:49 AM

Mom told me to pose with a boat thingy, so I'm just waiting for her to tell me what to pose with for this court thingy.

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2019 1:14 AM

"I’m assuming Jazz will be majoring in Gender Studies."

A step up from majoring in White Nationalism like most of the Republicans here

by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2019 3:10 AM

^ Dumb

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2019 3:12 AM

What's the problem with an italian guy naming his daughter Isabella? Are you ignorant? Half of my Italian cousins are named Isabella it's the most common Italian name from her generation.

by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2019 5:34 AM

R165 it's just funny that every celebuspawn named Isabella is unfortunate looking and Bella means beauty.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2019 5:36 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but I see two very pretty girls @ R158. You make it sound as if she looks like one of the Willis girls or Meryl’s daughters.

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2019 6:31 AM

[quote] every celebuspawn named Isabella is unfortunate looking

Get out of town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2019 7:52 AM

"Maybe I’m missing something, but I see two very pretty girls"

Me too....they may be dumb, spoiled twats but they are not ugly.

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2019 3:49 PM

^^^Low foreheads are not attractive let alone pretty, and those two have some Teresa Guidice neanderthal forehead genes going on. They both need electrolysis to move their hairlines up further, then maybe they can be considered cute. OJ has some weird shit going on with her over injected lips that can't smile or move properly too.

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2019 3:53 PM

Well, I'd say low foreheads are more attractive than fiveheads. I'd love to see a picture of you.

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2019 4:07 PM

R171 Is Olivia Jade.

Little cunt!!

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2019 4:13 PM

Who said anything about a fourhead? I'm talking about a nice forehead that's not a four-head nor neanderthal low one. Can't you discern things without extremes? Maybe I hit a nerve with the low forehead dig. This is DL, if you're offended by making fun of OJ's low forehead then maybe you should play elsewhere. And no, low foreheads are not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2019 4:14 PM

Geez. the only reason she's a fucking "influencer" to begin with is because she's pretty.....if she weighed 300 pounds and suffered from female pattern baldness we wouldn't even be talking about her

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2019 4:32 PM

We might be r174, but more because of her incredible stupidity than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2019 5:03 PM

Question: do wealthy women in LA walk around Beverly Hills in athleisure clothes? Are the mean shop girls of Pretty Women no more?

I read an article about Hope Hicks which described her glossy style of blown out hair, heavy makeup and heels as not fitting in in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2019 10:25 PM

R163 - please define exactly what “white nationalism” is.

by Anonymousreply 177April 8, 2019 12:40 AM

The FBI is so pissed at these people.

by Anonymousreply 178April 8, 2019 2:34 AM

R177 - go look in the mirror, dear. Make sure to take your white hood off first though.

by Anonymousreply 179April 8, 2019 9:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 8, 2019 6:14 PM

Am I missing something? How did she get in on her own merits if her parents were bribing a coach?

by Anonymousreply 181April 8, 2019 6:18 PM

Actress Felicity Huffman agrees to plead guilty in college admissions cheating scam that has ensnared wealthy parents.

At least she owns it.

by Anonymousreply 182April 8, 2019 7:09 PM

Bet she worked out a deal for no jail time.

by Anonymousreply 183April 8, 2019 7:12 PM

Link, r182. Nothing anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2019 7:12 PM

It’s on every news source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2019 7:14 PM

Now that is a good public statement! That is how you apologize.

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2019 7:16 PM

[quote] Anyone who thinks Ms. Lori, Mr. Lori and/or Felicity isn't going to spend some time behind bars is delusional.

If I'm delusional so be it. I think the jail time will be for the coaches etc.

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]Bet she worked out a deal for no jail time.

I agree. She has a better chance at a deal because she didn't spend 500k and she backed out of cheating for the younger daughter.

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2019 7:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 8, 2019 7:27 PM

R185 you can't say news source and then post a Fox link

Felicity has really handled this in the best possible way, while Lori gives no fucks

by Anonymousreply 190April 8, 2019 7:34 PM

actions and will accept the consequences that stem from those actions,” Huffman said in a statement.

“I am ashamed of the pain I have caused my daughter, my family, my friends, my colleagues and the educational community. I want to apologize to them and, especially, I want to apologize to the students who work hard every day to get into college, and to their parents who make tremendous sacrifices to support their children and do so honestly,” she continued.

“My daughter knew absolutely nothing about my actions, and in my misguided and profoundly wrong way, I have betrayed her. This transgression toward her and the public I will carry for the rest of my life. My desire to help my daughter is no excuse to break the law or engage in dishonesty.”

Other parents who will plead guilty to conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud include New Yorkers Greg and Marcia Abbott, prosecutors said.

Actress Lori Loughlin is not among those pleading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191April 8, 2019 7:39 PM

LORI is not pleading guilty!

by Anonymousreply 192April 8, 2019 7:40 PM

Felicity's statement really makes the faux Princess Hallmark Lori - look pathetic. How stupid are these people? (Lori and husband.) They are in real trouble but they seem to be in total denial.

by Anonymousreply 193April 8, 2019 7:41 PM

Lori will hnd the jury signed Full House DVDs.

by Anonymousreply 194April 8, 2019 7:41 PM

Felicity is going to plead guilty. Here is her statement.

Your move, Lori, you fucking cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Sorry, I didn't refresh this thread before posting!

by Anonymousreply 196April 8, 2019 7:46 PM

I still like Felicity better than pieces of shit like Lori, Mossimo, and Jussie.

by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2019 7:51 PM

Has the moron who paid six million dollars in the scam been identified?

by Anonymousreply 198April 8, 2019 7:52 PM

r198 Not that I am aware of. Very curious who it is and I'm surprised it hasn't been sniffed out yet. One of Bezos' kids maybe?

by Anonymousreply 199April 8, 2019 8:07 PM

US College is over-rated. The status symbol of the near future will be no-university or European university. US Education is a joke, as parent above demonstrates. His child is "devastated." His child deserved it. Life's not fair. Boo-hoo-hoo. Education is not a horse race. It's not something you go buy in a store. Showing you don't understand the college process tells me exactly why your child didn't get into any colleges. Safeties? Do some research for some little known places far from where you live? A minor state school from which you transfer junior year to the school of your dreams. Santa Barbara Community College has one of the best faculties in the country. Get a clue, parents.

by Anonymousreply 200April 8, 2019 8:08 PM

The 6 million has a tax angle.

by Anonymousreply 201April 8, 2019 8:12 PM

I call bullshit that the daughter didn’t know.

She didn’t question why she got special accommodations and double the amount of time to take her SATs as everyone else? And she really thought she scored 1400s??

by Anonymousreply 202April 8, 2019 9:47 PM

I don't think the daughter is that bright, hence the need for someone else to take her test.

by Anonymousreply 203April 8, 2019 9:57 PM

R203 Huffman's daughter had her test corrected after. She took it.

by Anonymousreply 204April 8, 2019 10:02 PM

"US Education is a joke, as parent above demonstrates"

Cheating goes on everywhere, in every country. Meanwhile, thousands of international students are lining up to go to US colleges

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2019 2:59 AM

It did seem like the fbi wanted to roll her and her shit husband. I wonder if they will rat out more people?

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2019 3:21 AM

Meanwhile Lori is laughing it up in public.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2019 9:13 AM

R207 She's facing more charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2019 9:06 PM

The 6 million dollar parent might be the Hot Pocket family. Also I just heard on NPR that the low end of the sentencing is 4-10 months which is what Huffman will get and an additional charge of money laundering has been added to the 50 parents who didn't plead including Loughlin and husband. Bet she wishes she plead now though she might not have been offered the same deal.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2019 9:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2019 9:11 PM

^^ could have said 15 and I heard it wrong but additional charges nonetheless

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2019 9:12 PM

Huffman is probably somewhat relieved that she didn't get far into the scam as Lori and Mossimo did.

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2019 9:16 PM

r212 This can't be their first scam is my vibe. I wonder what other skeletons might be in Mr. Lori and Ms. Lori's closets?

I can't wait for the IRS to come calling on ALL of these fleabag parents. Audit their asses from here to hell.

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2019 9:22 PM

I think Felicity will be sentenced to about 4 months in prison... but she will only serve one day, and be released on house arrest for the remainder of the time.

I think Lori will go to trial and be acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 214April 9, 2019 9:24 PM

Lori is pretty arrogant, isn’t she? Shameless. She really thinks she did no wrong and should get off scott-free. I never would have thought she carried such an entitlement attitude. This scandal has revealed the true Lori and it’s not looking good.

by Anonymousreply 215April 9, 2019 9:25 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Lori has done illegal things in the past with his fashion companies.

by Anonymousreply 216April 9, 2019 9:25 PM

[quote]Bet she wishes she plead now though

Oh, dear!

[quote]if she had plead guilty on Monday,

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 217April 9, 2019 10:01 PM

r214 Prison doesn't work that way. Jail? Yes, but not prison. The intake process for prison takes nearly a full day as it is.

You knew what we meant r217. I hope the pathetic thrill you got was worth it. Get out more.

Here is how Ms. Lori has been cunting...I mean coping. In her case, I hope they throw away the key.

Here is how Ms. Lori has been coping the poor lamb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 9, 2019 10:19 PM

These are federal charges R214 and you go to a federal prison. You have to serve at least 85% of your sentence.

by Anonymousreply 219April 9, 2019 10:30 PM

[quote]I hope the pathetic thrill you got was worth it.

Yup. It was.

by Anonymousreply 220April 9, 2019 10:31 PM

To produce a child like Olivia Jade, you need to be the exact kind of person that Lori Loughlin is. There is not going to be some contrite, repentant, and reformed misunderstood but well-intentioned person underneath the egregiously shallow, piranha-like status seeking and social climbing, delusional and detached persona we've all seen. In other words, she is behaving exactly how I would expect.

However, if I was trying to get into Harvard and was paying for either OJ or Jazz Jennings to take the SAT for me...you'd better believe my money's with OJ.

by Anonymousreply 221April 9, 2019 10:56 PM

Attention DL Hearties!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 9, 2019 11:14 PM

It all these kids didn't know what shit their parents were pulling, they are too stupid to go to college. Taking the SAT in a room by yourself? Or in your own bedroom? In what universe? What these kids are not guilty of is choosing to have been born to criminals. Nobody is responsible for their parents-- but yes, these kids knew what they were doing was fishy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 223April 10, 2019 2:36 AM

"However, if I was trying to get into Harvard and was paying for either OJ or Jazz Jennings to take the SAT for me...you'd better believe my money's with OJ."

Man, the DL Republicans never miss a chance to bash transgender people, do they?

by Anonymousreply 224April 10, 2019 2:39 AM

Pretty much R224. The fact that they can fit it into THIS thread, which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with anything T...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 10, 2019 2:43 AM

Hey, r224 fuck off. OJ is pretty stupid, but Jazz is dumber than a box of hair. FACT. Or do you even watch the show? This thread has nothing to do with being transgender, so, lame try. Take that shit to another thread. You fucking post this transgender bias assholery everywhere. You seem to get off on it. I think you even posted an accusation of it in the "processed foods you secretly love" thread or whatever it was called. Go away and get help.

by Anonymousreply 226April 10, 2019 2:47 AM

r223 I agree. Quite a few of the lesser known parents involved in this come from my neck in the woods. The kids out here all have bad cases of affluenza and they tend to be pretty fucking buddy-buddy with their parents. No way they didn't know something. Except for maybe the kid who "cost" 6 million dollars. That kid might have been too stupid to know...or breathe.

by Anonymousreply 227April 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Damn, Lori, damn. She's gonna be a prison bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 228April 10, 2019 4:50 AM

How sad R226 that you admit you watch such garbage and are here defending such garbage.

by Anonymousreply 229April 10, 2019 5:04 AM

R229 I don't watch the show, but I have seen enough YouTube etc. clips to see that Jazz is clearly dumb. Harvard? Jazz got into fucking Harvard on scholastic merit? Get the fuck out of here. THAT is what was being made fun of on other threads. Fairly so.

Can we please move on?

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2019 5:17 AM

Once again R230, how sad you are invested in garbage TV. I go to YouTube and never once has their recommendation mentioned Jazz.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2019 5:26 AM

Bye Boris. *click* Ahhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2019 5:28 AM

The fact that Lori Loughlin is a piece of shit and has a foolish child does not negate the fact that Jazz Jennings has the intellect of a rock. Neither of these offspring are finishing college, and they both took spots from someone who would have at least worked to earn a degree.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2019 5:49 AM

[quote]Lori is pretty arrogant, isn’t she? Shameless. She really thinks she did no wrong and should get off scott-free. I never would have thought she carried such an entitlement attitude. This scandal has revealed the true Lori and it’s not looking good.

Before this scandal, I thought she was some harmless C list type celeb. She is a giant cunt. I think she and her husband will be convicted and at the least they'll serve a few years in prison. I don't see them getting 20 years or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2019 2:41 PM

If they do indeed go to jail, I bet Olivia will be happy. She hates them

by Anonymousreply 235April 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 10, 2019 7:59 PM

The arrogance is unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 237April 10, 2019 8:24 PM

Thanks, Lori!

by Anonymousreply 238April 10, 2019 11:24 PM

I'm fine with Felicity just getting a fine and probation but I hope Lori and that weird fellow she is married to get serious prison time. They both sound like horrid people.

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2019 11:13 AM

R239 Part of Felicity's plea deal includes prison time. 4 to 6 months is what is being reported. Martha was in for 5 months. Ms. Lori and Mr. Lori will likely (hopefully) be in for a long fucking time now that there are additional charges in their case.

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2019 11:22 AM

I love how everyone refers to him as Mr. Lori.

So emasculating.

by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2019 11:26 AM

What the hell did Mr. Lori do to his face?

by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2019 3:02 PM

Cheek implants

by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2019 6:29 PM

Dumb lady, that Lori. She thought the prosecutors were kidding. Clearly, intelligence does not run in that family.

by Anonymousreply 244April 11, 2019 7:52 PM

A year without fillers and injections is going to be hard on that face.

by Anonymousreply 245April 11, 2019 8:18 PM

r245 Good point. I remember how rough Teresa Giudice looked after she got out.

by Anonymousreply 246April 11, 2019 9:03 PM

Also, keep in mind for those trying to spin this into a career move for them involving an apology tour--

Martha Stewart lost $800 million dollars because of her conviction. (That is, its effect on her business.)

by Anonymousreply 247April 11, 2019 9:11 PM

R246, you aint seen nothing yet...

by Anonymousreply 248April 11, 2019 9:19 PM

Where did you get that figure R247?

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2019 9:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 11, 2019 9:52 PM

How could she be "in denial" about jail? Doesn't she have a lawyer on retainer who DAY ONE sat her down and explained the charges she and her husband were facing and the many directions this case could take? I am a nobody and meeting with a lawyer would be the very first thing I did. And if her lawyer fed her some story like these charges were all smoke and mirrors and she will beat them then I have no words.

by Anonymousreply 251April 11, 2019 10:05 PM

r251 I'm sure they ignored the lawyer's advice. Fuck, do we even have proof they had a lawyer? I think Lori and Mr. Lori honestly thought this whole thing would blow over, which is fucking insane. I joke about Lori being coked out, but maybe she is, (or they both are), because her behavior throughout this entire mess has been borderline psychotic. This is a case of "the rules don't apply to me" the likes you might expect from a huge A-lister (and I am grasping to name one that would have this much hubris). Not some d-list actress and her washed up fashion designer husband.

My guess is they likely ignored the lawyer's advice.

by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2019 10:33 PM

You are probably right R252 - and I just can't imagine it, the level of density and denial. I thought Lori was smiling and signing autographs because in a very misguided way she thought she was being nice and this might make people like her and feel sorry for her. Now, I think this woman is just on another planet. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2019 11:17 PM

I'm on this thread and the Jussie thread, and the similarities of their personalities/attitudes is striking.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2019 11:20 PM

Lori, like most of Hollywood, lives in a bubble, think they are special and are above rules. Rules and following the law are for little people.

Typical celeb mentality. She's gonna be somebody's bitch in Jail.

by Anonymousreply 255April 11, 2019 11:33 PM

R255 " Loughlin is in talks with Lindsay Lohan's former crisis manager, it has been claimed"

BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256April 12, 2019 12:35 AM

r256 I know. That is what made me remark that maybe OJ is actually the smartest of the lot. On what planet would Lindsay fucking Lowcan's ex crisis manager would be an option you would even consider? How fucking dumb can you be? Pretty fucking dumb, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 257April 12, 2019 12:47 AM

The smartest of them so far is Bill Macy, who's somehow still got a job and avoided charges. Huffman got decent advice--took the plea deal. Celebrity/money protect people from a lot of things--i.e. see Trump--but in this kind of thing, it boomerangs. People want blood.

by Anonymousreply 258April 12, 2019 1:12 AM

R258 It really helps Bill Macy that it hit right as his show went into hiatus. It was a couple days after the Shameless finale I think. PERFECT timing.

by Anonymousreply 259April 12, 2019 1:18 AM

[quote]Lori, like most of Hollywood, lives in a bubble, think they are special and are above rules. Rules and following the law are for little people.

They are above the law, when pieces of shit like Jussie Smollett have all charges dropped because they get their friends (Michelle Obama) to strong-arm a dumb, ugly, black prosecutor into dropping them. Good work, Kim Foxx... you’re supposed to represent the interests of the people, not some stupid black celebrity criminal.

by Anonymousreply 260April 12, 2019 1:30 AM

Did Michelle Obama really do that R260? How would she have any connection to Jussie?

by Anonymousreply 261April 12, 2019 1:35 AM

I seriously doubt Michelle Obama got herself involved in this circus

by Anonymousreply 262April 12, 2019 1:44 AM

She did. It’s been well documented on the 16 Jussie threads.

by Anonymousreply 263April 12, 2019 1:47 AM

^^^^ well if the DLers said so.....

by Anonymousreply 264April 12, 2019 1:52 AM

r263 It is said on the Jussie threads that Michelle's one time aide was in touch with Jussie's family. Some people argue it was at Michelle's urging. I personally think that is bullshit. Michelle isn't stupid, and this guy isn't that fucking famous or important for her to fuck up her reputation by stepping in, however indirectly.

Speaking of Foxx, her chief ethics officer is quitting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265April 12, 2019 2:09 AM

"They are above the law, when pieces of shit like Jussie Smollett have all charges dropped because they get their friends (Michelle Obama) to strong-arm a dumb, ugly, black prosecutor into dropping them. Good work, Kim Foxx... you’re supposed to represent the interests of the people, not some stupid black celebrity criminal."

As opposed to dumb, ugly white racists going on and on about Jussie, you know the same people who didn't give a shit when Sherry Papini falsely claimed she was kidnapped by Latina women....

by Anonymousreply 266April 12, 2019 2:31 AM

[quote] Where did you get that figure?

Right before she was charged, Martha was literally a billionaire: most (nearly all) of her net worth was her ownership of Martha Stewart Company (the show, the mag, all of the merchandise, etc). When she was convicted, her distributors dropped her, sales tanked. She went from being a billionaire to being a $200millionaire. More tragically, her friends and family who invested also lost 4/5's of their investment; she had to fire entire departments of Martha Stewart Company. All of those people lost their livelihoods.

Now Mr. Lori is only shilling his shitty golf accessories crap; Lori (I don't believe) has a company, though the daughter did lose a very lucrative few deals. Having a felony and going to prison is not a plus for anyone. Martha Stewart had public sentiment was on her side, and she still lost a fortune. Someone like Downey, Jr. needed the help from a lot of colleagues and friends who loved him and saw him as a troubled soul.

But people hate these two idiots.

**Oh, but you asked me how I know. Check her net worth--it's 200m now, used to be 1B. She has given interviews explaining the numbers. There are lots of articles, too, if you google.

by Anonymousreply 267April 12, 2019 4:43 AM

Those sites that claim someones net worth are worthless R267. They don't know their investments and what they gain or lost. Also they don't take into account they people on payroll they have to pay and the taxman.

by Anonymousreply 268April 12, 2019 4:48 AM

If Olivia Jade is the smart one in this debacle, Lori and Mr. Lori are truly fucked.

by Anonymousreply 269April 12, 2019 5:11 AM

Go OJ! I know, I know but fuck it. I like how that bitch is out there getting her party on while her worthless parents are twisting in the wind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270April 12, 2019 5:41 AM

Martha Stewart going to prison didn't help her company, but that's not what really did it in--MSL was hit by the same thing that hit every other publication--the disappearance of advertising dollars and readership--the Internet sucked up both. You want to make a fancy cake? You look it up on Pinterest, not in the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living.

by Anonymousreply 271April 12, 2019 6:01 AM

What Martha *did* get out of prison was a much more...I don't know if "relatable" is quite the word, personality. She stopped with the WASP pretensions, and gained (or revealed) a sense of humor, and by that gained a new audience.

She has excellent comedic timing (who knew?) as she proved in her roast of Justin Bieber. She and Snoop have a really fun show. She's letting it all hang out.

Her daughter, however, remains a cunt of the highest order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272April 12, 2019 6:16 AM

I take it back, Ms. Lori is a cunt of the highest order. Martha's daughter can't even touch that level.

by Anonymousreply 273April 12, 2019 6:17 AM

I think OJ is selling stories. *Someone* has to pay the family dealer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 12, 2019 9:40 AM
by Anonymousreply 275April 12, 2019 12:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 12, 2019 12:57 PM

R275 Thanks, but ancient history at this point.

by Anonymousreply 277April 12, 2019 1:00 PM

I knew someone who went to work for MSL, r272. She said she was surprised that Martha had such a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 278April 12, 2019 4:57 PM

Mr. Lori reminds me a bit of Dr. Seuss creature in the pic at R276.

by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2019 5:15 PM

Here is the official DOJ list of people charged, their exact charges, and their current case status. I wonder if we can figure out who the 6.5 million dollar asshole is from this.

FYI, no arraignment date set yet for Ms. Lori or Mr. Lori.

Felicity's plea hearing is set for 5/21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 13, 2019 2:17 AM

I was betting the 6 Million Dollar man was the casino guy but no.

Former Las Vegas Strip casino executive Gamal Aziz has been arrested on charges of bribing a university official to get his daughter into the University of Southern California.

The executive, charged as Gamal Abdelaziz, uses a shortened version of his given name. He was one of dozens of defendants charged in a nationwide bust of mainly wealthy parents paying college entrance exam administrators, university varsity coaches and administrators to ensure their children were accepted at prestigious institutions.

Aziz, a former Wynn Resorts and MGM Resorts International executive, is accused of paying $𝟑𝟎𝟎,𝟎𝟎𝟎 to charity Key Worldwide Foundation, which arranged to have his daughter presented as a high school basketball star to the university’s athletic admissions subcommittee, according to the federal complaint.

by Anonymousreply 281April 13, 2019 3:16 AM

What kind of person has the guts and audacity to pass their child off as a basketball star to get into college. It's so ridiculous and obvious I would be afraid to do such a thing. Rick Singer must be quite the salesman. He should be working on Wall Street. He could have done all kinds of illegal sales hacks and never gone to prison.

by Anonymousreply 282April 13, 2019 1:49 PM

He probably already has, r282. How do you think he's managed to get that much $$$?

He most likely didn't come by it honestly.

by Anonymousreply 283April 13, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote] What kind of person has the guts and audacity to pass their child off as a basketball star to get into college. It's so ridiculous and obvious I would be afraid to do such a thing.

I don't know. If I were crazy enough--and had the money--I would present her as a recently injured basketball star who had played/gone to school in Europe--or better yet!--Asia. They could have "red shirted" her (as an injured player that is still part of the team) for two years, and no one would even have noticed.

by Anonymousreply 284April 14, 2019 7:29 PM

90% of college athletes retire after 1 year, due to injury, fatigue or academic challenges. The grueling athletics is a full time occupation, on top of academics, for "real" athletes. These cheaters just need to redshirt , then quit, or participate briefly and develop an injury. Apparently, they couldn't be bothered to pretend even that much.

by Anonymousreply 285April 15, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote] 90% of college athletes retire after 1 year, due to injury, fatigue or academic challenges.

I dated a few college athletes when I was at college myself. The number of those dropping out is nowhere near 90%. (Especially because most of them have athletic scholarships. If they are not legitimate redshirts, the coach will cut them to recoup the scholarship money and replace with with a walk-on or an extra player in the incoming class. Even when they are injuredy and try to redshirt, they can still be cut from the team.)

by Anonymousreply 286April 15, 2019 1:51 AM

My husband made me do it.

by Anonymousreply 287April 15, 2019 2:02 AM

AP: Loughlin, Giannulli plead not guilty in college scam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 15, 2019 4:04 PM

She's going to rot in jail for a decade, isn't she? And somehow, she's going to come out richer than she is now. Because that's just how people like her roll.

by Anonymousreply 289April 15, 2019 4:12 PM

Wow her attorney must be nuts. Is she really that delusional?

by Anonymousreply 290April 15, 2019 4:19 PM

R289 I think she and Mr. Lori will be convicted, but only serve a few years in prison. If she does prison time of 3 to 10 years and then comes out, I don't see her resuming an acting career. She has probably turned off a lot of people.

Felicity Huffman might be able to resume an acting career after prison. Felicity didn't get that far into the scam, she plead guilty and apologized. She didn't do all the smug crap that Lori has done.

by Anonymousreply 291April 15, 2019 5:52 PM

It was said that Felicity and Bill's daughter wanted to be an actress. I wonder she'll still pursue an acting career. The daughter isn't really pretty, but then again Kevin Bacon's hideous daughter Sosie has managed to have a career.

by Anonymousreply 292April 15, 2019 6:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293April 15, 2019 10:55 PM

Lori and Mr Lori are claiming they were misled and only had good intentions. BS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294April 15, 2019 11:30 PM

A jury will never convict her.

by Anonymousreply 295April 15, 2019 11:40 PM

r294 Lori and Mr. Lori are massive cunts. That they are playing the victim card doesn't surprise me in the least. That they keep doubling down does surprise me...but I am loving it.

by Anonymousreply 296April 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Someone tell OJ she better cash out her trust fund before these idiots lose everything

by Anonymousreply 297April 16, 2019 1:21 AM

We all thought Jussie would be convicted and he wasn't. I hope Laurie doesn't walk. Just takes one.

by Anonymousreply 298April 16, 2019 2:16 AM

R298 Hopefully the FBI shoe will drop soon on Jussie (and he's now being sued by the City of Chicago), so at least that will be something to look forward to.

I hope they throw the keys away for Lori and Mr. Lori

Some students are now receiving "target letters"

After 50 people, including parents and coaches, were charged last month with crimes, the nation’s largest-ever college admissions prosecution appeared to be ensnaring another group — students.

According to a lawyer involved in the case, at least some children of the parents who were charged in the scandal have received so-called target letters, which notify people that they could be targets of a criminal probe. The lawyer declined to be quoted by name, citing sensitivities about the ongoing case. A spokeswoman for the federal prosecutor’s office in Boston, which is handling the case, declined to comment on the development, which was previously reported in Law360, a legal news service, and The Wall Street Journal.

It was uncertain on Monday how many students received such target letters or whether they would, in fact, lead to additional charges. Several defense lawyers in the case said the children of their clients — parents charged with trying to get their children admitted to college with falsified athletic credentials or altered test scores — had not received such letters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299April 16, 2019 2:27 AM

[quote] Just takes one.

It takes "one" with an iron will who is willing to give up their own life, day after day, in an effort to convince the others to agree.

Have you ever been on a jury? I am telling you, by day two of deliberation, the jurors start negotiating with each other because they want to get the hell out of the jury room.

by Anonymousreply 300April 16, 2019 2:52 AM

[quote]Hopefully the FBI shoe will drop soon on Jussie (and he's now being sued by the City of Chicago), so at least that will be something to look forward to.

I also hope Jussie goes down somehow for his crime. That fucker's staged "hate crime" is a slap in the face to people who have been victims of real hate crimes.

by Anonymousreply 301April 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Republicans go on and on about Jussie but don't care about Trumpsters who stage fake kidnappings like Sherry Papini.

by Anonymousreply 302April 16, 2019 3:02 AM

What makes me extra happy is you just know that Lori (AKA Ms. Lori) and Mr. Lori both have Google alerts. And Mr. Lori is feeling emasculated as fuck these days. HAH!

by Anonymousreply 303April 16, 2019 8:08 AM

Haaaaay Mr. Lori!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304April 16, 2019 12:43 PM

Mr. Lori should have sued his plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 305April 16, 2019 3:10 PM

CBS: Analysis: Pleading not guilty in college scam could be huge risk for Loughlin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306April 16, 2019 5:35 PM

Oh my gosh, they're so stupid.

One of the other families say they pleaded not guilty because the prosecutors wouldn't "share" the evidence with their attorneys. (Um...they don't have to.)

Mr and Mrs Lori's attorney have no fucking idea what the prosecutors have and/or are going to use to seek a conviction. They are literally flying blind.

This will be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 307April 16, 2019 5:52 PM

Incorrect, r307. It’s called discovery. The prosecution must share its witness list and evidence obtained, both inculpatory and exculpatory under the [italic]Brady[/italic] rules. Otherwise the defense cannot put on a valid defense.

by Anonymousreply 308April 16, 2019 6:34 PM

[quote] Incorrect, [R307]. It’s called discovery. The prosecution must share its witness list and evidence obtained, both inculpatory and exculpatory under the Brady rules. Otherwise the defense cannot put on a valid defense.

Not BEFORE they plead. They are entitled to some evidence (exculpatory evidence) before they plead, but not all evidence. Once they have plead and the trial dates are set, THEN they can request to see certain types of evidence.

by Anonymousreply 309April 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Lori loughlin is going to rue the day she pled not guilty. Every part of her, her husband and her dopey daughter's lives will be put on display for the entire world to see. All their texts, emails, social media account activity (public and PRIVATE) will be presented. Her dumb daughter's can likely face charges for conspiracy, concealing evidence and a whole host of other crimes. It's against the law to try and cover up a conspiracy, attempt to destroy evidence and perjury (in depositions & on the stand in court). Even if you weren't involved in the original conspiracy.

Here's the steps all accused conspirators go through (courtesy of Wikipedia)

Flat denial (this is what she is doing now)

Convince the media to bury the story (that didn't work)

Preemptively distribute false information

Claim that the "problem" is minimal

Claim faulty memory (I'm sure the Feds will use their texts, emails, voicemails, and SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS to refresh their memory)

Claim the accusations are half-truths

Claim the critic has no proof

Attack the critic's motive and character

Prevent the discovery of evidence

Destroy or alter the evidence (more crimes. These morons aren't smart enough to know that this is almost impossible in this day & age)

Make discovery of evidence difficult, Block or delay investigations

Create misleading names of individuals and companies to hide funding (that's what their charity is all about)

Lie or commit perjury (but when you lie, you have to pick a lie & stick to it. This family of morons won't be able to do this)

by Anonymousreply 310April 16, 2019 7:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 16, 2019 7:40 PM

I don't let my clients plead guilty unless I know the government has enough evidence to convict them. There may have been some infrequent instances when I already knew what evidence is out there and we negotiated a quick plea. Technically the government (this is feds now) doesn't have to hand over discovery until after the arraignment but often if you are working toward a plea and you have a decent working relationship with them they'll give you early discovery.

What and when the government turns over evidence and witness info is dependent on various rules and the court's rulings. You can obviously also make discovery demands - sometimes they get met, sometimes not. Only witnesses that are considered Brady witnesses have to be turned over before trial. Brady witnesses like any Brady material is evidence that is exculpatory or favorable to the defense (either outright or for impeachment purposes) either for trial or sentencing. The feds are notorious for withholding, mischaracterizing (oh that's Baby Brady, that's not really Brady) , hiding, and otherwise lying about and failing in their Brady and other discovery obligations.

Practically the entire cadre of over 200 Inauguration Day protest defendants got dismissals with prejudice because of the government's misconduct and lies about Brady and other discovery violations. Plus the judge ordered the prosecutors to assist the defense in getting all those arrest records expunged.

As annoying as these college scam defendants are, I do not forget that the government often does not play fair and is in the business of bluffing defense attorneys on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 312April 16, 2019 8:09 PM

R312, but do you think they would bluff on such a high-profile case (or series of cases) where a public trial could make them look seriously incompetent?

by Anonymousreply 313April 16, 2019 8:28 PM

I do, r313. Most people don’t remember everything promised in a high profile case.

In their opening statement defense counsel in OJ Simpson’s murder trial promised a ton of stuff they couldn’t possibly produce. Yet no one on the jury (and to a larger extent the public) called them out and said, “Hey, the defense said they had a witness that would say she saw four guys fleeing the scene, what happened to that witness?”

As the trial progresses, people forget unless you REALLY overplay your hand like saying you’ve got video proof of someone committing a crime, when you really don’t.

by Anonymousreply 314April 16, 2019 8:36 PM

R314, thanks for the response. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 315April 16, 2019 8:42 PM

[quote] It’s called discovery

They'll get it. But they already have 95% of it. It's on their phones, computers, Social Media accounts). Their phones are TIMEBOMBS

by Anonymousreply 316April 16, 2019 8:47 PM

R312, the very first person to plead guilty first was a partner at a big law firm

by Anonymousreply 317April 16, 2019 8:56 PM

Prosecutors plan to seek up to 10 months in jail for actress Felicity Huffman per CNN.

Loughlin has lost her damn mind. I don't think Huffman will get more than six, but I bet she goes to prison for some small amount of time. Lori is playing with fire. She has no one to give up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318April 16, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote] Practically the entire cadre of over 200 Inauguration Day protest defendants got dismissals with prejudice

Going to trial for protesting is a COMPLETELY thing than going to trial for money laundering

And as the investigations proceed, a lot of other crimes and other financial misdealing can be revealed to the authorities. This is something a smart person wouldn't want to open themselves up to. Although lori's never been accused of being smart or even semi-intelligent. She's also opening her daughter's up to being dissected by investigators. A lot of that social media advertising/influencing the most ignorant daughter does may be open to a GIGANTIC investigation by the IRS. Any type of favors or remuneration must be declared as income

by Anonymousreply 319April 16, 2019 9:07 PM

The fact that the mastermind behind the whole scam pled guilty and gave up his clients is a huge challenge for the Gianulliis, right? His testimony alone could put them in jail. All he has to say is that they knew exactly what they were doing, and he probably has emails to pack him up from their initial contact to the final payment. Add to that, Huffman and others pled guilty as well, so if THEY knew that it was illegal, then everyone involved should have known.

While I'm not a fan of Huffman, I give her credit for making sure her daughter was off the hook, and not dragging this out for her family. Lori and Mossimo are only thinking of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 320April 16, 2019 9:14 PM

I love that Mrs. Lori is quoted as, "I didn't think I was doing anything wrong," rather than, "I wasn't doing anything wrong."

He he

by Anonymousreply 321April 16, 2019 9:19 PM

R320 That's Mr. Lori to you.

by Anonymousreply 322April 16, 2019 9:21 PM

Publicists weigh in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323April 16, 2019 9:37 PM

[quote] Add to that, Huffman and others pled guilty as well, so if THEY knew that it was illegal, then everyone involved should have known.

I'm not sure that it matters whether they knew it was illegal or not. "Ignorance of the law is no excuse.." etc.

by Anonymousreply 324April 16, 2019 9:38 PM

The publicists didn't "weigh in" in that Vanity Fair fluff: it was just the writer--and what the heck is a Kenzie? she/he/zhir?--summing up their public appearances with links to other articles.

by Anonymousreply 325April 16, 2019 9:42 PM

[quote]The fact that the mastermind behind the whole scam pled guilty and gave up his clients is a huge challenge for the Gianulliis, right?

It depends on his credibility, whether the defense can make the jury see (or even just believe) that, even though he pled out, he got a much lighter sentence because he “gave up” names, and if the jury in Lori’s seat would’ve seen his communiques the same way the prosecution wants them to see them. It’s definitely not a guarantee, though it’s a mountain for the defense.

by Anonymousreply 326April 16, 2019 10:28 PM

The prosecutors don’t have anything.

And even if they do, no jury is going to convict Aunt Becky.

Felicity was the dumb one to just say “put me in prison”.

by Anonymousreply 327April 16, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote] The fact that the mastermind behind the whole scam pled guilty and gave up his clients is a huge challenge for the Gianulliis, right? His testimony alone could put them in jail. All he has to say is that they knew exactly what they were doing, and he probably has emails to pack him up from their initial contact to the final payment.

Here's the thing. They (the federal investigators) got him and then they got him to incriminate everyone else through phone calls, texts, emails and in writing. And all of it was recorded by the federal investigators. These and all other texts, emails and other computer documents were probably already subpoenaed by the prosecutors from their phone carriers. These people used their personal charities to pay this man off. They cheated on their taxes and broke many, many, many laws by using their charity money to pay someone to commit crimes and then covering it up. They also filed their charity's income tax and said the money was a donation. It wasn't. These crooked mother fuckers deserve many years in jail and their charity should be shut down and all the money seized as a part of their sentence

I can just imagine the texts between the parents and the kids when the story broke. All those parent pled guilty because they didn't want any of that being read out in court as well as all their other dirty laundry

Lori is opening up a lot of trouble for her daughter, who I would bet my life on it, did not claim all the money, "gifts" and other assorted things from companies who hoped she would use their products on her social media "influencer" accounts. The IRS will be on her ass

by Anonymousreply 328April 17, 2019 2:46 AM

These parents emailed back and forth with this man. His credibility is fine. The federal prosecutors have lots of emails and recorded phone calls they can use in court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329April 17, 2019 2:50 AM

r329 Ms. Lori sent her message with a high-five emoji huh? How twee. I'd like to high-five her upside the head.

R328 Great post!

These dumb cunts keep forking over the gifts each day. It's like an advent calendar of smugfuckery.

by Anonymousreply 330April 17, 2019 3:07 AM

R328 Yes. I will not be surprised if Lori & her husband enter guilty pleas at some point.

by Anonymousreply 331April 17, 2019 8:08 AM

[quote]His credibility is fine.

I’m not disputing that, it’s a matter of how a good attorney can make his credibility look. He may have skeletons other than this in his closet that they will harp on. It’s not that cut and dry.

We had a recent case where I live where a restaurant owner was accused of bribing a politician. Emails, texts, wiretapping, receipts, etc. Seems easy, right? Nope. The first trial ended in a mistrial in part because the defense made the briber look extremely nefarious through other deeds he did, including paying his employees under the table. The jury didn’t find him credible in spite of the corroborating evidence. With a mountain of solid proof, they said they didn’t believe this guy! Same basic fact pattern as this case.

So you never know how a jury is going to go for either side, which is why plea bargaining is offered.

by Anonymousreply 332April 17, 2019 11:56 AM

I hope both that smug bitch Louglin and her vacuous cunt daughter get jail time.

by Anonymousreply 333April 17, 2019 12:16 PM

Don’t forget Mr. Lori, r333.

by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2019 12:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Of course Loughlin and her greasy husband will be going to jail. This nonsense that no jury will convict "Aunt Becky" is just too stupid for words. LMFAO!

For reference, again--"daughters" means 2 or more; "daughter's" means "daughter is" or "daughter's career," etc. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 336April 17, 2019 3:25 PM

r336 Take the grammar complaint to the DM, I'm just the messenger.

Completely, absolutely agree with your first paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 337April 17, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote] Going to trial for protesting is a COMPLETELY thing than going to trial for money laundering

R319, you missed the whole point. I was talking about the government (the US Attorney in DC) violating the rules of discovery and other ethical considerations - even in high profile cases.

The Inauguration Day case was a high profile case covered extensively by the media. With hundreds of defense attorneys, almost all from one of the best and most experienced defense bars in the country (DC). Admittedly there was violence, injury and destruction of property. All charged as felonies. Almost all caught on video - lots and lots of video as well as photographs and other media platforms. Because there was so much planning and coordination that went into the march/protest (including videos of that by undercover agents infiltrating those meetings) and there was some commonality among the protestors, the government charged those who merely marched with the acts of those few within the march who actually did commit the underlying offenses. Had they been able to prove the conspiracy my client, along with most of the other defendants, would have ended up with serious felonies on their records. The government offered early pleas to everyone - misdemeanors with a recommendation of probation - which the assigned judges would have gladly given. Those who did accept the plea offers were all given probation. But the temptation to plead guilty was great. These were almost all young people with careers ahead of them - felonies would have effectively destroyed many of their chances for certain careers. The misdemeanors offered would barely have been a blip on a career path. Just the process alone was daunting. Most defendants were from out of town and criminal defendants have to appear at every hearing. We were able to get them excused from motions hearings but these mostly young and mostly broke-ass kids had to get to DC for a number of hearings.

There was one 3 week trial with no active players (5 codefendants) in fall 2017 - that is no one who actually committed the underlying crimes. All defendants were acquitted. As they came up to 2 more trials months later - one already in progress and one scheduled to start right after - one defense attorney's expert opined to him that an important video the government intended to use (already turned over to defense) had been altered, so that defense attorney filed motions demanding the original and access to interview that videographer & the detective who was overseeing the evidence. The judge ordered the government to make those people available for an interview which was hastily scheduled for a Monday holiday. During the interview it was uncovered that it wasn't just the original video that had been withheld but that there were a total of 69 videos that had been withheld and never released to any of the 200 plus defendants.

If you need more examples of high profile cases in which federal prosecutors brazenly committed violations & misconduct see the case they brought against Senator Ted Stevens in which he was convicted. Federal prosecutors never face any real punishment or discipline. One of the more serious cases of prosecutorial misconduct involving withholding important Brady evidence (and more) occurred in a high profile murder trail decades ago in DC. The prosecutor was eventually transferred to the San Diego US Attorney's Office (such a punishment LOL) and the formal discipline was not handed down until almost 20 years after the misconduct was uncovered. A slap on the wrist. He has been able to enjoy the rest of his career and retire with all generous federal benefits intact.

So all that above to say, yes, violations can happen in high profile cases. I'm not pre-judging these prosecutors. I'm just saying it happens - all the time.

by Anonymousreply 338April 17, 2019 5:13 PM

R338 You speak with great authority. What are your credentials?

by Anonymousreply 339April 17, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote]Prosecutors plan to seek up to 10 months in jail for actress Felicity Huffman per CNN.

It's up to the judge. I'm pretty sure she's in a probation box.

We haven't seen the plea agreement. We should be able to see it once she enters a guilty plea and the agreement is filed with the court. We'll see how good her lawyers are and if they kept out a clause that says the defense agrees NOT to allocute for a sentence below the guidelines. But even if the defense cannot argue for a lesser sentence and/or for probation, it is still the judge's call.

by Anonymousreply 340April 17, 2019 5:22 PM

r340 Prosecutors are apparently seeking the low end of the prison sentencing guidelines for Felicity. If this is so, she would get 4 months. 85% of which she has to serve. This is aside from any fines, probation, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341April 17, 2019 5:27 PM

Also, a reminder:

Here is the official DOJ list of people charged, their exact charges, and their current case status. I wonder if we can figure out who the 6.5 million dollar asshole is from this.

FYI, no arraignment date set yet for Ms. Lori or Mr. Lori.

Felicity's plea hearing is set for 5/21

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342April 17, 2019 5:28 PM

Maybe this isn't the place for this question but there's related discussion here. What does it take these days to get into top tier, non-Ivys like Georgetown, Duke, Northwestern or UVA? if you've got a kid who's at a good public school, what's needed. 1500 SATs, 4.5 GPA, Top 5 of 10% class rank - ? Am very curious as I have two nephews in hs now.

by Anonymousreply 343April 17, 2019 5:46 PM

Thanks, R341. I knew that but it is still up to the judge.

If she does get jail time and it is under 12 months then she can now get good time credit up to 15% off her sentence. This sticks in my craw but it is largely because of Jared Kushner that the good time credit was extended to all federal prisoners no matter how long the sentence with few exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 344April 17, 2019 5:58 PM

Average SAT score for UVA - 1365

Average for Duke - 1485

Average for Northwestern - 1490

Average for Georgetown - 1435

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 17, 2019 5:58 PM

[quote] FYI, no arraignment date set yet for Ms. Lori or Mr. Lori.

See your link below. They were both already arraigned and entered not guilty pleas. Their next court date is a status hearing June 3. They could change their minds and enter a guilty plea then. If they don't they may ask for a continued status hearing if they are working toward a plea.

[quote]4/15/2019 – Court grants defendant’s motion to waive appearance for arraignment and enter a plea of not guilty to the Indictment. An initial status conference is set for 6/03/19 at 11:00 am.

Says the same for Mr. Lori.

by Anonymousreply 346April 17, 2019 6:06 PM

r346 Thanks! I forgot the records had been updated since that was last posted.

Throw away the keys for the Lori's!

Very curious to see if OJ is going down too.

Ugh, so now we have to wait this shit out until June?

by Anonymousreply 347April 17, 2019 6:11 PM

This could be a new blogging opportunity for OJ: The best amazon products for decorating a 10 x 8 foot jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 348April 17, 2019 6:15 PM

Thanks r345. But are those averages for private/prep or PUBLIC school students, because I've been told it does make a difference, with public HS grads needing a 10-15% boost over what is expected.

How much are sites like prepscholar and books like the College Guide trustworthy in terms of acceptance criteria? I'm referencing the poster upthread who said his/her kid couldn't even get into their back up schools, even though the prevailing wisdom was that they should have.

by Anonymousreply 349April 17, 2019 6:53 PM

God bless DL for the names Lori and Mr Lori, OJ and Not-OJ. We know who runs this family, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 350April 17, 2019 7:01 PM

Thanks to the criminal defense attorney who is posting on this thread. I hope you stick around.

by Anonymousreply 351April 17, 2019 7:12 PM

R350 I'm sure it is totally tacky of me to take credit, but I AM tacky, so...the history:

I didn't know how to spell (and still don't care to learn) Mr. Lori's name (and it worked as no one cared about him anyway). The whole OJ, Not-OJ was planted in my noggin from back in the Yolanda days of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills when it was Gigi who got all of the attention, and someone nicknamed Bella as Not-Gigi. Aka "da udder one"

You guys really make this whole infuriating mess both informative and fun.

Perhaps when the trial(s) get underway we can discover and assign a boo like we have over on the Jussie threads.

by Anonymousreply 352April 17, 2019 7:25 PM

R352. It never pays to be named Bella

by Anonymousreply 353April 17, 2019 7:44 PM

Waiting patiently for OJ to go full Crawford and throw Lori and Mr Lori under the bus

by Anonymousreply 354April 17, 2019 7:50 PM

r354 Waiting less patiently for OJ and Not-OJ to go full Menendez on Lori and Mr. Lori

by Anonymousreply 355April 17, 2019 7:56 PM

R349, My kid got into Northwestern, but the lack of financial aid means it's probably a no-go. (Which is fucking painful.) But, anyway, averages are very rough guides. Athletes, donor cases, and, in some cases, legacies all tend to come in below averages and so do poor minority kids. And all of those kids can be way below the average.

Which means unhooked kids needs to score above that average--so, yes, 1500+ SATS for Northwestern. GPA is tricky because different schools offer different classes, but basically mostly As in a rigorous curriculum. (And, whatever you do, don't slack off on rigor senior year.) Demonstrated interest helps, so does some sort of stand-out talent/accomplishment--i.e. Do you have the potential to make the school look good? And, if they make you an offer, will you accept? Yield is a big deal.

There's a crapshoot element to all of it--how many kids from the same school are applying? What majors? Does the kid play an instrument the marching band needs? Regarding public v. private--depends on which public/prep schools. Some of the most hard-core schools around are public magnets (i.e. Stuyvesant).

by Anonymousreply 356April 17, 2019 8:32 PM

It would be something if OJ were also dragged into an investigation and had to do jail time (seems unlikely, but imagine) for being part of a cheating scam to get into a college she never wanted to go to in the first place. Dumb and self-centered as she is, she's what her mother made her and now she's being punished for it. I don't blame her for hating both her parents.

by Anonymousreply 357April 17, 2019 8:35 PM

Private/public is less important than which school and where it is.

Years ago, southern schools used to have terrible reputations, and if you attended a public school in the south, your chances were much worse.

In 1997, I got into Northwestern and U Chicago, but didn't go--much to my despair--because I got a full ride at one of the state schools.

by Anonymousreply 358April 17, 2019 10:03 PM

Is the lighting adequate for taking selfies in a courtroom?

by Anonymousreply 359April 17, 2019 10:12 PM

Snort R359

by Anonymousreply 360April 17, 2019 11:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361April 18, 2019 1:11 AM

"Sacndal"--the Daily Mail is such shit.

by Anonymousreply 362April 18, 2019 1:28 AM

OJ has a Fifth Amendment privilege not to answer any questions by the government and maybe more importantly to refuse to testify at either a grand jury or at trial. I hoe she knows to keep it shut. I hope her parents have obtained lawyers for her and her sister. What am I saying, OJ is an adult with money - she can hire and pay for her own attorney.

If they want Lori's testimony they'll have to get her statutory immunity (though she may accept informal immunity which is a written promise by the US Attorney's office not to prosecute her rather than a court order from a federal judge ordering her to testify under a grant of immunity). Then the governmen cannot use any part of her testimony against her if she gives truthful testimony. If they have other independent evidence they can use that to prosecute OJ. Lots of case law on "independent" evidence and how the government obtained that evidence.

There are DOJ guidelines that advise that in seeking statutory immunity to force a witness to testify that the prosecutors not force a child to testify against a parent unless the case is so serious and the government can't make its case without the testimony. The government, however, regularly ignores its own guidelines.

by Anonymousreply 363April 18, 2019 1:43 AM

Leave them out to dry, OJ!

by Anonymousreply 364April 18, 2019 2:25 AM

I know this was mentioned some time back on here, but saw it posted on one of the other Lori threads, and figured a refresher wouldn't hurt. This isn't Mr. Lori's first time at falsification when it comes to education:

In an October 2016 post on the fashion blog “The Hundreds,” author Bobby Hundreds writes that Giannulli “not only convinced his dad that he was a student by falsifying report cards, Mossimo got him to fork over fees with fake tuition bills. In fact, Moss used this seed money to initiate his foray into the T-shirt biz.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365April 18, 2019 7:43 PM

Whats the gossip on Bella the other sister?

by Anonymousreply 366April 18, 2019 9:56 PM

R366 She's ugly and not me

by Anonymousreply 367April 18, 2019 10:04 PM

That tidbit about him using fake tuition fees to extort from his father is hilarious.

Yup, dig through those taxes. It'll be delicious.

by Anonymousreply 368April 18, 2019 11:53 PM

The IRS is going to audit Mr. and Mrs. Lori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369April 19, 2019 4:22 AM

R369, thank you for posting!

by Anonymousreply 370April 19, 2019 4:26 AM

Thank you R369! I was waiting for this. I felt this was around the corner, though not so soon.

IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

Thank you little baby jesus, the one that Ms. Lori used to fake pray to with Pat Robertson, and dampen her panties knowing it would help her get more viewers thanks to all of those 700 club appearances. Yes, you, the one she whored out on said show, as well as others, to flaunt her"family values", while OJ and Not-OJ were yachting their underage brains out. (OK, maybe not Not-OJ, we are not quite sure about her potato faced participation in this mess). Anyway, thank you for giving even us non believers (Like Lori and Mr. Lori, though they will deny it to the Easter end) some hope that even more shit is going to go down, soon, and will be as ugly as possible.

In the name of the Lard, Chrissy Metz, Amen.

by Anonymousreply 371April 19, 2019 7:19 AM

Let’s just hope it’s true. Only one source “exclusively told US Weekly.”

by Anonymousreply 372April 19, 2019 12:48 PM

Auditing them makes perfect sense. When you write off as a deduction toward a now-proven scam charity, AND while you're being charged with these other crimes, of course the IRS is going to go after you. And Mr. & Ms. Lori will not be the only ones. Dumb fucks.

by Anonymousreply 373April 19, 2019 5:59 PM

A lot of Hollywood types are about to find themselves on the wrong side of the IRS.

I hope some big names go down hard.

by Anonymousreply 374April 19, 2019 7:07 PM

Why wouldn't they be audited? A scam like this is a massive red flag. I'd be surprised if they WEREN'T

by Anonymousreply 375April 19, 2019 7:54 PM

She must be so freaked out right now. Because her news cycle hasn't ended yet and it gets worse each time. This story is having an unusually long news cycle. Any theories why?

by Anonymousreply 376April 19, 2019 9:00 PM

LA Times: Videos of Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman become legal battleground in college admissions scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377April 19, 2019 10:38 PM

R374 I think more celebs will be busted in this scam. IIRC, there were a few articles when the story broke that the feds were still investigating and that was possible that more wealthy people would get charged.

by Anonymousreply 378April 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379April 20, 2019 4:03 PM

That Daily Mail title at r379...

DM has the biggest ka-WEENS writing for them.

by Anonymousreply 380April 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Bella wants to be an actress. Though no question her name is totally tarnished. She's going to have to suck off or give up her asshole to the right Hollywood power-player to ever have a career.

by Anonymousreply 381April 20, 2019 6:32 PM

Yes, god knows the acting community won’t stand for booze and dope!

by Anonymousreply 382April 20, 2019 6:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383April 20, 2019 8:00 PM

I’m honestly inclined to believe he certainly had the germ of the idea. See what he did to his parents’ (his own parents!) tuition money.

I’m NOT arguing Lori is innocent, not by a long shot, just that I could see Mr. Lori bringing this up and encouraging her to get on board.

by Anonymousreply 384April 20, 2019 9:07 PM

r384 I agree that it was likely Mr. Lori's idea, as he does have a "history". That said, I don't think Lori needed a drop of encouragement. Now that shit is going south, here comes the Lori bus. She's a cold cunt, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 385April 21, 2019 9:43 AM

@LosFelizDaycare

Kondo (142 weeks) is a master coder and small batch cider sommelier. Zher superpower is composting and lovingly encouraging zher friends to compost. Always “yes ands.” Ready for Harvard Westlake but would settle for Crossroads. #LFDCAdmissionsBoost

by Anonymousreply 386April 22, 2019 12:10 AM

[quote] If they want Lori's testimony they'll have to get her statutory immunity (though she may accept informal immunity which is a written promise by the US Attorney's office not to prosecute her rather than a court order from a federal judge ordering her to testify under a grant of immunity). Then the governmen cannot use any part of her testimony against her if she gives truthful testimony. If they have other independent evidence they can use that to prosecute OJ. Lots of case law on "independent" evidence and how the government obtained that evidence. There are DOJ guidelines that advise that in seeking statutory immunity to force a witness to testify that the prosecutors not force a child to testify against a parent unless the case is so serious and the government can't make its case without the testimony. The government, however, regularly ignores its own guidelines

Are you retarded? Of course the parents know to get her a lawyer. But their border line retarded daughter has already done videos on Youtube since their arrest saying that's she's done a bunch of fucked up stuff

And the government doesn't need Lori's testimony. They have recorded conversations, texts and emails to the ringleader guy and Mr & Mrs Lori. They probably have dumped their phones and the phone's of her stupid daughters. I'm sure these morons talked about all of this through some social media app/texting or emailing

If you had paid a little attention you would know that the ringleader was caught first. He offered to turn all the parents in. The feds got him to contact the parents and talk about this entire thing. The parents gladly obliged. That's wraps up the state's case. That is why, EVERY OTHER PARENT HAS PLED GUILTY AND THROWN THEMSELVES ON THE MERCY OF THE COURT. They couldn't plead guilty fast enough. Your whole diatribe isn't applicable to this situation. And there are plenty of witnesses who Lori's stupidest daughter talked to about being on the rowing team. The people all remember it because she didn't know what the fuck she was talking about and it was supremely obvious that she had never rowed before. And of course there is the money that Lori and her ridiculous husband put in a charity and used to bribe their daughter's middle and high schools with big donations from their "charity". Then there's all the tax returns that they signed under the PENALTY OF PERJURY. And each of them were fraudulent. And you can damn well bet their accountant will only be TOO HAPPY TO COMPLETELY COOPERATE WITH THE IRS 100% and tell them all kinds of details Mr & Mrs Lori told him/her.

by Anonymousreply 387April 22, 2019 3:38 AM

Mrs Lori needs to be careful. While she smiles and grins (and hired those people in Boston to line up and act like fans), he looks stunned in every photo of them since the arrest

He's not the brightest guy, but he might shove her under the bus first

by Anonymousreply 388April 22, 2019 3:41 AM

Students of the college scandal: Who knew, who didn’t and why so many ended up at USC Some were involved, others oblivious, all face fallout

Second wave likely soon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389April 22, 2019 6:08 PM
by Anonymousreply 390April 23, 2019 7:50 PM

W&W, r386.

by Anonymousreply 391April 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Reading between the lines at r389 ‘s USA Today link - has the mysterious $6 million chump fled the country?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392April 23, 2019 11:40 PM

All this money spent to get into USC or Georgetown? Christ, it's not like these moron kids were getting into the Ivy League.

by Anonymousreply 393April 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Spot on R356. I am a middle class nobody. I scored 1520 on my SATs (this is in the early 90s before the new"dumbed down" version), 800 on 2 of my SATIIs, and took every AP class my high school offered (yes, got all As and was valedictorian). I also won some national awards. That is the ONLY way I was going to get into the Ivies (which I did). But my parents received no aid, so they told me they couldn't afford it. I was crushed. By some act of God, I was awarded an outside scholarship at the eleventh house and was able to attend.

Imagine my surprise when I saw just how little all the rich, elite private school kids had to do to get in by comparison. Crushing for a different reason, but it opened my eyes to the way the world works.

by Anonymousreply 394April 24, 2019 4:01 PM

Happy the fish or the sister who got to 'enjoy' cutie Peter Lawford!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395April 24, 2019 4:10 PM

"I scored 1520 on my SATs (this is in the early 90s before the new"dumbed down" version)"

Is it really dumbed down or do you just want to believe it is so you can feel superior?

by Anonymousreply 396April 24, 2019 7:35 PM

God, I didn't even know "college reveal" was a fucking thing.

College admissions scandal may put a damper on ‘college reveal’ season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397April 24, 2019 8:01 PM

OJ caved! No, OJ! BAD OJ!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398April 24, 2019 10:28 PM

R398 I hope she's wearing a wire

by Anonymousreply 399April 24, 2019 10:31 PM

I think Bella is prettier than the moon faced OJ: this family is so disgusting any way you look at it . Entitlement to the extreme .

by Anonymousreply 400April 24, 2019 10:35 PM

Mrs Lori has a plausible defense for a starstruck jury. Her lawyers may well get her off. Even the crew pictures could be explained away as her daughters being active and athletic to show they are well rounded. But she'll never work again or travel in the glamorous same circle of friends.

by Anonymousreply 401April 25, 2019 5:18 PM

R387, unsure what provoked your diatribe in response to my post. My post was in response to comments about OJ turning on her parents or throwing them under the bus. See, how now it makes sense?

You have no idea what evidence the government is lacking or needs to shore up to prove up each and every element of the offenses they've charged. Because juries can be very unpredictable, especially in complicated fraud and economic crimes with no violence, the government would want to have as much evidence as possible on the element of intent. OJ's videos et al are not going to give them that. I would think that personal conversations between OJ and her parents would prove fruitful in providing evidence of intent.

These are not the brightest parents when it comes to handling criminal matters. They didn't even seek an experienced criminal attorney for themselves, a situation I hope they've remedied. The idea that they knew that they needed separate criminal attorneys experienced in federal practice for both their daughters from the very start of their cases is not something I would think they considered.

If my efforts to explain legal matters continues to prove such a trigger to you in future I suggest you skip my posts or perhaps block me altogether. After all I am not required reading.

by Anonymousreply 402April 25, 2019 5:39 PM

R402 some of us appreciate you.

Please stay with us.

by Anonymousreply 403April 25, 2019 6:57 PM

Girls, girls--this isn't about you.

Can we get back on track, queens?

by Anonymousreply 404April 25, 2019 9:53 PM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405April 25, 2019 10:07 PM

^that will never fly

by Anonymousreply 406April 25, 2019 10:08 PM

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law.

by Anonymousreply 407April 25, 2019 10:11 PM

Oh fucking please. This cunt is 54 and doesn't know that bribery is illegal, and she thinks people will buy that? Hell, even if it wasn't, Sister Christian there didn't know it was "a bad thing"? I thought they aren't supposed to do "bad things". God I hate her. I hate her so fucking much.

OJ damn well better be wearing a wire. DO YOU HEAR US, OJ?

by Anonymousreply 408April 25, 2019 10:28 PM

We need a sign OJ that you are indeed rigged up.

We know you have the DM on speed dial. Listen...no...shut up and listen. Go take your ass to Tahoe and have someone take a photo of you lounging by a FIRE and have the DM post it with something about how you are partying while your asshole parents twist in the wind.

If Tahoe is too far, have someone take a picture of you with a roadside repair service changing your TIRE. Article: "OJ's woes increase as she awaits the fate of her no longer estranged mother" Something like that will work.

Get it OJ? NO? Dear mother of god. They rhyme you dumb fucking cow.... WIRE, FIRE, TIRE.

Never mind, let us speak to Not-OJ please.

by Anonymousreply 409April 25, 2019 10:54 PM

R409 I'm dying!

by Anonymousreply 410April 25, 2019 10:57 PM

Sure it will, r406.

It already does for treason.

by Anonymousreply 411April 26, 2019 12:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412April 26, 2019 7:29 PM

Is Bella a lesbo?

by Anonymousreply 413April 26, 2019 7:36 PM

She's so plain looking.

by Anonymousreply 414April 26, 2019 7:49 PM

She pings to me. I'm guessing she reads here because she delivered the goods. Right now, she's my new best friend.

Hey Not-OJ, I take back all of the shitty things I said about you! (For now!)

She's getting walloped in the DM comments.

by Anonymousreply 415April 26, 2019 7:55 PM

Not-OJ! Do whatever the prosecutor wants! Save yourself!

by Anonymousreply 416April 26, 2019 7:57 PM

Not-OJ, keep up the good work, and you might just make it to thread mascot status. You will be a STAH!

Also, what r416 said!

by Anonymousreply 417April 26, 2019 8:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418April 26, 2019 11:14 PM

"Where is the Manson Family when you need them?"

Couldn't agree more, r418. PIGS.

by Anonymousreply 419April 26, 2019 11:24 PM

The kid is happy her pure ignorance won't be displayed on every sort of social and regular media. But it will be reported on when they go to trial

Why do they have psychological reports on these girls? None of my schools had any on me

by Anonymousreply 420April 26, 2019 11:32 PM

Apparently - not included in the 30 some parents indicted - Chinese families have paid millions to get their children into American colleges.

by Anonymousreply 421April 26, 2019 11:36 PM

r421 Juicy! Link(s) please?

by Anonymousreply 422April 27, 2019 1:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 27, 2019 5:13 PM

lol at the Chinese family. For awhile, I was thinking it was some American billionaire who paid the 6.5 mil.

by Anonymousreply 424April 27, 2019 5:16 PM

The US must fight against these Chinese:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425April 27, 2019 5:19 PM

R424

No American billionaire would pay that much money. Some of those indicted knew perfectly well that a contribution (legal, if unethical, and thus totally tax-deductible) to their favored college or university would have guaranteed their child's admission and they chose to go with Singer, et al, instead because they thought they'd be saving money. Proving they're not only stupid but cheap, too.

When this is all over for them, and they've served their time and paid their fines to the court and the fines and back taxes to the IRS for deducting their "charitable contribution" to Singer's foundation and their legal fees, one wonders if they'll question their own judgement.

Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 426April 27, 2019 5:26 PM

r423 Thanks! So the 6.5 million dollar mystery is finally solved, and what a bore of an outcome. I was hoping for another "name".

by Anonymousreply 427April 27, 2019 6:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428April 27, 2019 7:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429April 28, 2019 3:53 PM

OJ Simpson was a USC graduate, as was our second husband. He said that OJ had his pick of any of the cute white cheerleader stinkfish he desired!

by Anonymousreply 430April 28, 2019 4:01 PM

0/10 for r430.

by Anonymousreply 431April 28, 2019 4:27 PM

Well, actually, r430, that is true.

Most star football players can have any cheerleader they want, and the boosters are fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 432April 28, 2019 5:34 PM

Bella aspires to be an actress and goes on auditions. Maybe a name change.

Can she forge a career or should she forget about the entertainment industry entirely?

by Anonymousreply 433April 28, 2019 5:53 PM

This is a teaching moment for immigrants, who have spent the past few decades ignore the tenet -- "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

Except in their own countries, and in their own companies.

by Anonymousreply 434April 28, 2019 5:58 PM

I really don't think this is something they're gong to hold against Felicity and Bill's kid. Or even Felicity. Certainly not long-term. Unlike the other asshole, Lori Laughlin, Huffman is a respectable-enough actress.

by Anonymousreply 435April 28, 2019 6:19 PM

Lori's daughter Bella has three acting credits. Two credits are for Hallmark productions in which Lori starred. She already benefited from nepotism. But, Hallmark is done with Lori. Bella's other acting credit was for a guest spot on a Freeform show last year. She probably auditions for guest spots and gets turned down. The scandal probably isn't helping her these days.

I'm curious if Felicity and Bill's daughter will pursue an acting career. She attends LA County High School for the Arts and I recall reading somewhere she has gone on auditions and has been told she isn't any good.Some kids of actors/actresses have been managed to land acting gigs despite being awful.

by Anonymousreply 436April 28, 2019 6:50 PM

ome kids of actors/actresses have been managed to land acting gigs despite being awful.

Case in point, r436, the Gummer girls. Poor things are fugly and untalented. At least Meryl and Don's son got Dad's looks. He's a hot fucking piece of fuckmeat.

by Anonymousreply 437April 28, 2019 6:56 PM

I agree, the Gummer girls are awful. But, some celeb spawns in the acting biz aren't all that bad. I think Margaret Qualley is a better actress than her mother Andie MacDowell.

by Anonymousreply 438April 28, 2019 7:02 PM

It would be hard to be worse than Andie MacDowell.

by Anonymousreply 439April 28, 2019 7:04 PM

That could be a TV show: The Gummer Girls. With Mom making the occasional goes appearance as Marvelous Ms. Meryl.

by Anonymousreply 440April 28, 2019 9:01 PM

*guest appearance

by Anonymousreply 441April 28, 2019 9:02 PM

[quote] OJ Simpson was a USC graduate, as was our second husband

R430, are you in a ménage à trois type marriage or are you using the royal we?

by Anonymousreply 442April 28, 2019 9:08 PM

Because r430 is a queen, it's the royal "we."

by Anonymousreply 443April 29, 2019 12:36 AM

Nepotism favoring the talentless was never more apparent whenever we see my good friend David Mamet's daughters act, sing, or even speak english on various shows, interviews, movies and the like. I had the misfortune of acting in his daughter Clara's god awful debut movie Two Bit Waltz. Ironically my character was based on Dave himself, playing Clara's daughter in the movie. I spent the whole shoot reading books whilst hiding under a chair or table.

And yet I still thank him for that letter supporting myself and Felicity.

by Anonymousreply 444April 29, 2019 5:58 AM

Group faces new charges in college admissions scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445April 29, 2019 3:08 PM

And the hits just keep on comin’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446April 29, 2019 3:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447April 30, 2019 8:19 PM

So...OJ inherited her brains from Lori's side of the family...

by Anonymousreply 448April 30, 2019 8:35 PM

Reputation's the last of her problems right now. Felicity Huffman will do her short time, get out, start looking for work and be back in business before this trial starts.

by Anonymousreply 449April 30, 2019 9:04 PM

I look forward to this case, and the Huffman/Lori responses to it are taught as "What to Do/Not to Do"

by Anonymousreply 450April 30, 2019 9:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451May 1, 2019 6:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452May 1, 2019 7:14 PM

There are more as yet unnamed but perhaps soon to be indicted stupid parents in LA. OK, there are millions of stupid parents in LA, but some of 'em have reason to be more nervous than others...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453May 1, 2019 7:23 PM

Are Lori and Mr. Lori the only ones to read not guilty?

by Anonymousreply 454May 1, 2019 8:32 PM

r454 Just the most notable ones I believe.

by Anonymousreply 455May 1, 2019 8:53 PM

r454 Here's the latest status on each case. I will try to remember to repost this every so often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456May 1, 2019 9:01 PM

Meet the Chinese

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457May 1, 2019 9:04 PM

Those Chinese paid big $$$

by Anonymousreply 458May 1, 2019 10:18 PM

Thank you to the poster who's sharing the updates.

Uh-oh...27 months for a different mother...Lori must be sweating.

by Anonymousreply 459May 2, 2019 1:10 AM

Please let them broadcast the trial like they did with OJ Simpson. I will DVR every day and watch with popcorn at night.

by Anonymousreply 460May 2, 2019 2:04 AM

R451, NO ONE has been sentenced yet. Wait until they are sentenced.

by Anonymousreply 461May 2, 2019 2:11 AM

r461 = Someone in this shit stew. Learn how to make a shiv now!

by Anonymousreply 462May 2, 2019 5:04 AM

Sorry if it has already been posted. THE 6.5 million idiot is from CHINA! Standford U is the school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463May 2, 2019 11:20 PM

The Chinese student has since been expelled.

by Anonymousreply 464May 2, 2019 11:35 PM

Was she an anchor baby?

by Anonymousreply 465May 3, 2019 1:17 AM

Bono's investment partner ensnared:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466May 3, 2019 1:53 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467May 3, 2019 4:52 AM

Um...I think "Too Late Bitch" would be my response

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468May 3, 2019 7:05 PM

She's too cheap to hire a good one. Anyone facing federal charges who seeks advice from their husband's frat brother who is NOT a criminal lawyer is a cheap-o.

by Anonymousreply 469May 3, 2019 10:28 PM

Felicity Huffmann and Bill Macy had the right idea--apologize, lie low, bargain for a light sentence. She'll serve her sentence and get out and no one will think about it.

by Anonymousreply 470May 3, 2019 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471May 4, 2019 12:58 AM

OJ has left the mansion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472May 4, 2019 4:49 AM

Good, OJ! I hope you took the coke and the money with you. If you forgot, I hope Not-OJ did your dirty work for you as she usually does.

(The safe with the coke is in Ms. Lori's room, the safe with the money AND the coke is in Mr. Lori's room. I have this on good authority. Rhymes with Oh, hey!)

by Anonymousreply 473May 4, 2019 1:00 PM

I would guess she left because she's tired of hearing the fighting that must be going on between Mr. and Mrs. Lori.

Just my guess.

by Anonymousreply 474May 4, 2019 5:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475May 5, 2019 3:53 AM

After raping and pillaging their way into fortune, medieval war lords didn't want their kids to also be murderous oafs like them, but gentlemen of wealth and refinement like the other rich guys, so sent their sons to the monks to be educated. This is how college started, and the key was the murderous oafs were serious about education.

The Chinese murderous oafs (like the US Professional Victims, now) have no interest in eduction, only in seeming educated, and owning various credentials.

by Anonymousreply 476May 5, 2019 8:33 AM

Actually, r476, you're wrong: Ancient Vedic Indians invented the residential university system. Taxila University, a seat of Hinduism and Buddhist philosophical learning, was the world's oldest university. Founded more than 2700 years ago, the university hosted more than 10,000 students from across the world.

As for the oldest university: The oldest existing, and continually operating educational institution in the world is the University of Karueein, founded in 859 AD in Fez, Morocco. The University of Bologna, Italy, was founded in 1088 and is the oldest one in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 477May 5, 2019 4:19 PM

R475 I wonder if she had to return the furniture and other crap she got from her Amazon partnership.

by Anonymousreply 478May 5, 2019 4:27 PM

She can afford West Elm--she's trying to relate to the poors as much as she can, so Sephora and the rest will hire her again.

by Anonymousreply 479May 5, 2019 5:45 PM

How do you feel, #Hearties?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 6, 2019 4:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481May 6, 2019 9:21 PM

Here comes the mini-series!

[quote]Accepted’: Annapurna To Produce Limited Series On College Admissions Scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482May 8, 2019 12:08 AM

R482 who has the skill to play OJ???

by Anonymousreply 483May 8, 2019 12:12 AM

I'm already contacting people to audition for the Felicity Huffman part.

by Anonymousreply 484May 8, 2019 12:21 AM

Sandra Oh should play the Chinese mom.

by Anonymousreply 485May 8, 2019 12:23 AM

I hope OJ lands a rich o e cuz her career is flushed.

by Anonymousreply 486May 8, 2019 12:56 AM

Am I the only one here not rooting for OJ? I hope the spoiled little twat has to go work in a call center or fast food joint.

by Anonymousreply 487May 8, 2019 1:31 AM

R487 I can't speak for everyone here but, I just hope she takes Mommy and Daddy down with her. They got you into this girl, make them pay!

by Anonymousreply 488May 8, 2019 1:33 AM

More casting suggestions!

by Anonymousreply 489May 8, 2019 1:36 AM

Ted Danson as Rick Singer.

Mark Hamill as William H. Macy

by Anonymousreply 490May 8, 2019 1:37 AM

There will probably be some companion podcast to that book that is being written.

by Anonymousreply 491May 8, 2019 1:42 AM

Who can we find to play Lori and Mr. Lori? I think he'll be pretty easy, but finding an actress that can portray such a high level of cuntitude as Lori is going to be a challenge

by Anonymousreply 492May 8, 2019 2:00 AM

Chrissy Metz can play the LA Courthouse. She'll need to diet down a bit though.

by Anonymousreply 493May 8, 2019 2:03 AM

You rang R492?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494May 8, 2019 2:05 AM

Works for me r494 Who is this bitch?

by Anonymousreply 495May 8, 2019 2:12 AM

great casting r494

by Anonymousreply 496May 8, 2019 2:18 AM

R495 HOW DARE YOU

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 8, 2019 2:31 AM

I was born to play OJ!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 8, 2019 3:01 AM

Not-OJ will also be a casting challenge. I wonder if we can get Tammy Cruise's daughter (also an Isabella!) to try out for the role?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499May 8, 2019 3:06 AM

But who will play Mossimo?

by Anonymousreply 500May 8, 2019 4:54 AM

r500 You mean Mr. Lori? Some strung out Eurotrash mess would work from the recent photos I have seen of him. Maybe they could age-up Cedric, from the early days of the Beverly Hills Ho-wives.

by Anonymousreply 501May 8, 2019 5:10 AM

But his chin is so small, his face so rat-like. How will they find someone who looks like that?

Also, I'm looking forward to the Mrs. Lori in the film screaming through the halls of their mansion, "MOSS-I-MO!"

by Anonymousreply 502May 8, 2019 12:14 PM

[quote]who has the skill to play OJ???

Definitely not Cuba Gooding, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 503May 8, 2019 3:41 PM

Has OJ done an apartment tour video showcasing her IKEA furniture yet? Is it sponsored?

by Anonymousreply 504May 10, 2019 1:42 PM

My dream is that this OJ becomes so notoriously famous that we reach a point where people ask about OJ and people say “Which one?” And they say “the USC one” and they say “Which one?”

by Anonymousreply 505May 10, 2019 3:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506May 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Unless she finds 12 Hearties to be on the jury, she's fucked. Being so smug is not working for her.

by Anonymousreply 507May 10, 2019 7:29 PM

William Fichtner as Mossimo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 10, 2019 10:21 PM

Michelle Pfeiffer with darker hair could play Lori Loughlin. I bet she could pull off “wholesome” bitch pretty well. She looks a little older than Lori, but close enough. For Mr. Lori, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 509May 10, 2019 10:43 PM

When Calls the Cunt: The Lori Loughlin Story

by Anonymousreply 510May 11, 2019 3:34 AM

R508 has a good one.

He does kind of have a 70's look going on.

by Anonymousreply 511May 11, 2019 6:57 PM

Reminder, Felicity's plea hearing is tomorrow at 2:30 (guessing Eastern).

by Anonymousreply 512May 12, 2019 11:20 PM

so the defense of the chinese parents, who are not being charged in either the yale or stanford bribery cases, is that they were to stupid to know that the money was a bribe and not a "contribution"

by Anonymousreply 513May 13, 2019 12:11 AM

The Chinese parents weren't charged r513? How the fuck did they get out of that one? Ignorance of the law excuses no-one and all that.

by Anonymousreply 514May 13, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote]is that they were to stupid to know

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 515May 13, 2019 12:17 AM

[quote] so the defense of the chinese parents, who are not being charged in either the yale or stanford bribery cases, is that they were to stupid to know that the money was a bribe and not a "contribution"

Criminal intent is an essential element. It has to be proven. Maybe they found no evidence that there was a quid pro quo. Contributions are not illegal.

by Anonymousreply 516May 13, 2019 4:08 AM

It is extremely difficult to prosecute foreign nationals, especially those living abroad. It’s not worth the time, however the case of Harvard’s fencing coach probably has a lot of university’s scared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517May 13, 2019 4:17 AM

Reminder: Felicity's Plea Hearing is at 2:30 ET. I hope she's happy, she killed Doris Day.

by Anonymousreply 518May 13, 2019 2:42 PM

A refresher.

Notably:

Huffman agreed to plead guilty in March. Massachusetts US Attorney Andrew Lelling’s office has said in court papers it will recommend a short prison term, a fine of $20,000, and a year of supervised release.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519May 13, 2019 3:43 PM

I don't know who the best person to follow on Twitter is for breaking news from the courtroom. If anyone knows, please chime in. I would have thought it would be the woman who authored the above article, but she hasn't tweeted about this or anything since early April. From the looks of her profile pic, it's because she's too busy getting her drank on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520May 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Maybe this account:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521May 13, 2019 3:52 PM

Felicity's Twitter account is back up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522May 13, 2019 6:03 PM

Finally found one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523May 13, 2019 6:47 PM

Sept 13 2:30 - sentencing for Huffman

This will drag on until we are dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524May 13, 2019 7:38 PM

The latest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525May 13, 2019 7:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526May 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Glad she's getting her tanning in.

by Anonymousreply 527May 14, 2019 10:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528May 15, 2019 5:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529May 15, 2019 5:28 PM

R529 Parents? What parents?

by Anonymousreply 530May 15, 2019 6:56 PM

So Felicity turned up dressed all in gray with black flats. Smart choice.

by Anonymousreply 531May 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532May 16, 2019 11:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533May 21, 2019 4:54 AM

That makes absolutely no sense. Bitch went on about how she hates school and now she's infamous.

by Anonymousreply 534May 21, 2019 7:05 AM

A whole family of fricking morons.

I think they think that if she shows she was sincere in wanting to be there, and Mrs. Lori tells everyone she would do anything for her child--just like a Hallmark movie!--they will be forgiven of their felonies.

Except that Hallmark movies are not about the filthy rich for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 535May 21, 2019 3:38 PM

[quote]It's the school's fault they couldn't tell I was a fake. SUE THEM! Student whose father paid $400,000 bribe to get him into Georgetown sues the college for not realizing he was a fake tennis recruit

Entitlement is a helluva drug. I hate this country.

by Anonymousreply 536May 21, 2019 4:37 PM

Is Bill Macy off the hook entirely?

by Anonymousreply 537May 21, 2019 4:47 PM

R537 It looks like he is.

by Anonymousreply 538May 22, 2019 12:24 AM

Macy was never on the hook.

by Anonymousreply 539May 22, 2019 5:29 PM

Macy bought “Congrats Grad” and “You Did It!” party balloons for Sofia’s high school graduation.

Looks like something out of a Coen Brothers film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540May 31, 2019 3:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 3, 2019 10:25 PM

Latest status on each case:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 4, 2019 12:03 AM

I know of one of the nonfamous kids--he's is going to Arizona State. Party School Central didn't rescind his acceptance, which seems legit since the school accepts 82 percent of its applicants.

Really, it wouldn't have been the end of the world if Olivia Jade went there.

by Anonymousreply 543June 4, 2019 12:56 AM

How much of a fuckup do you have to be to need a bribe to get into ASU???

by Anonymousreply 544June 4, 2019 3:16 AM

I suspect ASU was the safety school--it doesn't actually require an SAT as long as the kid has a 3.0 in the required courses.

by Anonymousreply 545June 4, 2019 4:49 AM

I agree with the Paige Turco casting suggestion for Lori in this article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546June 6, 2019 2:29 AM

Has DL forgotten about our new queen , OJ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 6, 2019 2:40 AM

[quote]r77 ...you think he would be there to support her.

He needs to be low key - if his face is in the paper too much re: this scandal, it could hurt his employment possibilities. Your general audience member doesn't even dwell on the fact they're married, so it's wise for him to soft pedal it just now, when possible.

by Anonymousreply 548June 6, 2019 2:40 AM

Paige has my vote. The others are too young. Candace too weird.

by Anonymousreply 549June 6, 2019 2:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550June 6, 2019 11:49 PM

Is his nose melting?

by Anonymousreply 551June 7, 2019 12:24 AM

The Wall Street Journal revealed that USC darling, Pat Haden, is linked to Singer. Big surprise, he is such a greedy fuck. His son in law, is representing him - a real hottie.

by Anonymousreply 552June 7, 2019 1:04 AM

US Weekly: Lori Loughlin Wants to ‘Expose’ USC’s Admission Practices Amid College Scam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 7, 2019 6:39 PM

She's still as guilty as fuck, and no amount of spin or pointing the finger elsewhere changes the fact that Aunt Becky and Mr. Becky are culpable in all this. Send these two cunts up the river.

by Anonymousreply 554June 7, 2019 7:27 PM

She's digging her hole deeper and deeper, and Huffman and her lawyer are thanking God for it.

by Anonymousreply 555June 7, 2019 7:29 PM

Things seem to be getting worse for Aunt Becky and hubby:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 7, 2019 10:05 PM

L.A. Times: College admissions scandal shows 'sacrifice matters less than money,' prosecutors say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557June 9, 2019 1:47 AM

His cheek implants are sliding down his face. Pretty soon he’ll look like he has the mumps.

by Anonymousreply 558June 9, 2019 2:25 AM

And starring......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559June 11, 2019 2:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 11, 2019 3:19 PM

Unless I've missed something, ALL of the Lori's have been very quiet. No pap strolls and even OJ seems to have toned down the partying. Maybe they are finally listening to counsel. If they are, hopefully this move will be far too little too late.

The latest on the schedule for both Lori and Mr. Lori isn't until October. Something called a "status conference":

10/02/19 at 2:15 pm - Status conference. Defendant is not required to attend.

by Anonymousreply 561June 20, 2019 5:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 23, 2019 12:48 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 28, 2019 11:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564July 16, 2019 5:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565July 20, 2019 2:44 AM

R564 Look at that little Republicunt Lori, shopping and lunching like a socialite without a care in the world because she thinks the law doesn't apply to her. I hope the bitch goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 566July 20, 2019 2:53 AM

Oh NO!

US Weekly: Lori Loughlin's Daughters Kicked Out of Their Sorority at USC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567July 31, 2019 6:16 PM

"The past year has been trying for Isabella, 20, and her much more public sister, Olivia, 19, a influencer who lost endorsement deals as a result of the scandal."

That's reporter speak for The Pretty One.

by Anonymousreply 568July 31, 2019 7:01 PM

why weren't they kicked out of USC completely?

by Anonymousreply 569July 31, 2019 7:18 PM

[quote]Olivia, 19, a influencer who lost endorsement deals as a result of the scandal."

Oh fucking dear! Don’t they have a copy editor?

(Not you, r568.)

by Anonymousreply 570July 31, 2019 8:46 PM

US Weekly:

Lori Loughlin's Family Is Still 'Strained' After College Admissions Scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 1, 2019 4:53 PM

Reuters:

As U.S. college admission process opens, scandal weighs on low-income students

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572August 11, 2019 4:30 PM

InStyle.com:

Olivia Jade Giannulli Has a Message for Everyone Writing About Her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 12, 2019 4:17 PM

fdgre

by Anonymousreply 574August 12, 2019 4:21 PM

Daily Mail:

Felicity Huffman steps out with husband William H. Macy ahead of sentencing next month in college admissions scandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575August 19, 2019 11:09 PM

Vancouver mom linked to $100,000 bribe that got son into UCLA as fake soccer recruit

Vancouver mother Xiaoning Sui is the latest parent implicated in the college admission bribery scandal after she allegedly funded the $100,000 bribe that got her son into UCLA as a sham soccer recruit.

Sui paid the money to Newport Beach-based college counselor William “Rick” Singer before Singer turned around and funneled it to former UCLA men’s soccer coach Jorge Salcedo last October,

Sui’s son was accepted to the elite university — and even earned a scholarship — thanks to the payoff and a bogus biography that falsely depicted the high school senior from British Columbia as a decorated player on the soccer club circuit, a person familiar with the case told The Times.

When Salcedo was arrested in March, his indictment said he accepted two $100,000 bribes to designate one male student and one female student as early recruits, despite the fact they didn’t even play competitive soccer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577August 27, 2019 6:45 PM

Lori and Mossimo go before the judge at 3 pm. I think they're expecting a big crowd. From the Boston Federal Courthouse Schedule today -

Magistrate Judge M. Page Kelley - Courtroom 1 - 3rd Floor

3:00 PM 1:19-CR-10080 United States (Rosen, De Vincentis, et al) v. Mossimo Giannulli (Beck, Berkowitz, et al), Lori Loughlin (Berkowitz, Martinez, et al)

Rule 44(c) Hearing - Overflow Seating in Jury Assembly Hall

by Anonymousreply 578August 27, 2019 6:52 PM

Felicity goes in on 9/13 to learn her fate, and see if the judge will go with the government recommendation:

Government Recommendation pursuant to the plea agreement: incarceration at the low end of the Guidelines sentencing range, one year of supervised release, a fine of $20,000, forfeiture and restitution

Here is an update on everyone involved in this fucking mess:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 27, 2019 6:55 PM

No autographs today, but the Lori's got to keep the lawyers they wanted. Of course they did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 27, 2019 10:24 PM

If Felicity gets that government recommendation, it was extremely well played by her attorneys and her willingness to say mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 581August 27, 2019 10:34 PM

R581 next to the Loris, she looks like Maria von Trapp

by Anonymousreply 582August 28, 2019 6:51 PM

CNN:

USC admissions officials considered family potential to donate money, court filings say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 4, 2019 4:46 PM

Patch:

USC Emails Show Officials Weighing Wealth And Power In Admissions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584September 4, 2019 5:59 PM

Link to Part Eight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585September 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Thanks r585! And thanks for keeping the thread title the same!

by Anonymousreply 586September 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Lori Loughlin, college admissions scandal parents urge judge to drop charges

BOSTON — “Full House” actress Lori Loughlin, her fashion designer husband, Mossimo Giannulli, and other prominent parents urged a judge Wednesday to dismiss charges against them in the college admissions bribery case, accusing prosecutors of “extraordinary” misconduct.

Defense attorneys for the famous couple and other parents still fighting the charges say the case cannot stand because investigators bullied their informant into lying and then concealed evidence that would bolster the parents’ claims of innocence.

“The extraordinary government misconduct presented in this case threatens grave harm to defendants and the integrity of this proceeding. That misconduct cannot be ignored,” the lawyers wrote.

The US Attorney’s Office in Boston declined to comment Wednesday.

Loughlin and Giannulli are scheduled to go on trial in October on charges that they paid $500,000 to get their daughters into the University of Southern California as crew recruits even though neither girl was a rower. Prosecutors say they snapped photos of the girls sitting on rowing machines to help make fake athletic profiles that portrayed them as star athletes.

Six other wealthy parents accused of participating in the scheme will stand trial alongside them. Another six parents are scheduled to face trial in January.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587March 26, 2020 6:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!