Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

College Admissions Scam, Operation Varsity Blues: Part Four

For when Part Three is full, or your phone has bogged out because the thread got too long.

Lori's turn!

Link to Part Three:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603March 14, 2019 9:10 PM

At first, I thought it was rich parents trying to get their brat kids into a drama program, but it is really fucked up. Here is why:

-They wrote off these bribes as a tax write off to the IRS.

-They are going after merit scholarship money and other financial perks.

-They are doing it to get their kids into serious academic and scientific programs.

-USC School of Dentistry is involved in the Scam.

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2019 7:32 AM

In so many posts in so short a time it would be easy to lose this and it shouldn't be. The feeding frenzy and the subject.

Posted in r271 in thread three

[quote] She couldn't leave the courtroom because the press was blocking the door.

Certain to be one of the best photographs of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2019 8:30 AM

USC has had its share of scandal lately. Something about a pervy campus gynecologist, somebody big had to resign.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2019 2:01 PM

For those who missed these older Tweets that Lynette will most likely scour from her Twitter:

"My partner in crime since we met."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2019 2:03 PM

Felicity and WHM casing the joint in December 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2019 2:04 PM

Felicity's now infamous HACK back-to-school Tweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2019 2:04 PM

Lori Tweeting her followers that there are more important things than money, "like doing the right thing. Words to live by."

Hmmm......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2019 2:06 PM

For new arrivals, the transcript. Felicity's bit starts on page 26 (as noted on the header, not the footer)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2019 2:17 PM

I'm late to chime in, but I actually worked in admissions at a top 10 college many, many years ago. I am stunned by this and all my fellow college admissions friends are too.

Everyone and their mother knew that straight out huge donations helped otherwise rejected kids get in, but this athletic and test scamming stuff is mind boggling. My guess is that this kind of stuff circulates among the "lower tier" private schools, where very wealthy parents send kids that aren't that intelligent or lazy or difficult - I would be shocked if kids from Exeter had to resort to these measures. Kids at the lower-tier privates are tutored up and the parents and schools push them as aggressively as possible, but they generally end up at middle-tier private colleges. Those private high schools had to be aware of this scam- they have a general idea how kids will test on ACT/SAT and there is no way a kid bumps up a score by hundreds without someone figuring it out. They were prob paid to stay quiet too. The kids' ACT/SAT tutors certainly knew because I'd imagine that many of these parents tried to tutor their kids to better ACT/SAT scores before throwing in the towel and breaking the law. Again, prob more payoffs.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2019 3:25 PM

Mamet is a colossal asshole who likes to sit and watch the world burn, and then turn it into his next project. He’s right about higher education being full of corruption and hypocrisy, though, so it’s no wonder he excuses his dinner companions for gaming the system - it’s exactly what the protagonist in one of his plays would do.

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2019 3:27 PM

R10, Couldn’t agree more. Mamet May not have bribed his kid’s way into college, but she is without question a product of nepotism so of course he is defending these dongs.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2019 3:42 PM

@ABC7

Who is Rick Singer? Newport Beach neighbors discuss man at center of college-admission cheating scandal - who has now put his $2.5M mansion up for sale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Singer is the guy who "ran" the scam. He's the one who turned.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2019 3:46 PM

OP, it's bad enough you started this thread LAST NIGHT, solely so you could claim "dibs" on it, but it's fucking ridiculous and needy to keep posting on it when the last thread ISN'T FULL YET. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2019 3:49 PM

R9 Supposedly, the ACT/SAT tests measure cumulative knowledge, and being prepped for them only gives students a slight edge by making them familiar with the presentation of material and thus reducing test anxiety. I would guess wealthy kids benefit more by going to private schools and being tutored for many, many years. However, there will always be dumbasses like OJ who need to bribe their way through the system.

I wonder if the FBI was actually investigating an agency unrelated to athletics like, say, the College Board, but stumbled onto Singer’s other connections during the investigation. If the corruption is not limited to a few opportunistic criminals, but rampant throughout these organizations, coming from the top as with Enron or Wells Fargo, this will be HUGE. How many rich high school students were also “tutored” by proctors when they took their AP exams?

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2019 3:50 PM

@anblanx

UPDATE: Actress Lori Loughlin has been taken into custody by the FBI per law enforcement sources. She is due to appear in Federal court in Los Angeles this afternoon (Wednesday).

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2019 3:53 PM

We fucking know R16 because you posted it on the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2019 4:00 PM

It's about time these Hollywood scum start to get taken to task. Of course they'll get off lightly due to their celebrity. No past criminal history, Scot free. It's sad that regular people put celebrities, politicians, etc up on a pedestal. The old saying still stands, never meet your "heroes".

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2019 4:01 PM

ruh-roh

University admissions fraud case worries independent college counselors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2019 4:03 PM

[quote] never meet your "heroes".

Felicity Huffman? My hero?

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2019 4:05 PM

Yeah, here at DL they worship the strangest people. We've got hero worship/lust for murderers, rapists, gay bashers, wife beaters, drug addicts, and pedophiles here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2019 4:09 PM

I never understood Felicty Huffman’s appeal. She is unattractive, doesn’t have a good body and is not a particularly distinctive actress.

And the way she goes on about William H. Macy being such a catch for her! Weird. I mean he obviously is more talented and charismatic than her, but WTF is with her obsession?

by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2019 4:10 PM

Someone mentioned that David Mamet was only voicing his support of Felicity Huffman because of his friendship with William H. Macy. Huffman actually starred as "Karen" on Broadway in Speed-the-Plow" in 1988 (maybe she took over for Madonna?), later won an Obie Award for appearing in Mamet's play "The Cryptogram" and starred in the premiere of his play "Boston Marriage." She also starred in Mamet's 1997 film "The Spanish Prisoner" and had a small role in his '88 film "Things Change,"

So those two have their own (rather long) history.

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2019 4:15 PM

This is the Betsy Devos template for privatizing Education and making it a business to benefit the 1%.

Degrees from US Universities including the Elite ones for some movers and shakers including many in the highest level of government and industry are suspect and have been for some time.

We have CEOs with MBAs from top tier universities who are dumber than boxes of hair and are continually rewarded for failure .

What a scam.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2019 4:16 PM

[quote] We've got hero worship/lust for murderers, rapists, gay bashers, wife beaters, drug addicts, and pedophiles here at DL.

And you probably voted for Trump who is at least half of those things. You are why we hate you and them, stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2019 4:17 PM

R9, thanks for your input. I had always assumed that some sort of... assistance would occur, but wasn’t sure if the scale and scope of this latest was exceptional. There was a college admissions expert on CNN/MSNBC the other day who was clutching his pearls and I thought he was being disingenuous, but maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2019 4:22 PM

actually if you read the case, It seems like the universities should have know about this. It seems like they are complicit. That olivia jade is a USC student and is fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2019 4:24 PM

The thing with the colleges themselves is, was there no vetting of these kids and their accomplishments? Like if you say you’re a champion tennis player, they just accept that? Everybody fluffs their resumes somewhat, but you would think the big achievements will be checked.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2019 4:32 PM

R27, WTF? Are you seriously unaware that universities rarely interview prospective students as part of the admissions process? How the fuck would the schools be "complicit"? If anything they should be the opposite: bribing ... er, donating to a school directly is perfectly legal, since it goes into their endowment funds, but bribing individual school officials is not okay! (from their perspective) Btw it's not like they can readily conclude after admitting a student that they're somehow "too dumb," and you also can't judge one based solely on their social media presence.

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2019 4:32 PM

R23 Mamet and Macy also invented an anti-method acting technique called Practical Aesthetics that uses raw energy, literal reading, and being present in the moment rather than ruminating about past events or over-analyzing situations to develop characters and generate emotions. They both strike me as rebellious guys who believe “unlearning” the post-modernist philosophies supposedly espoused by university theater professors. That Macy ended up ensnarled in a college scandal is very surprising to me.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2019 4:32 PM

USC's academic reputation gained, ironically, when they opened the floodgates and started admitting a lot of Chinese students. Despite the idea that UCLA is so Asian based, admissions says the split is fairly equal between Asian/Caucasian /Hispanic in the 20%s. The smallest segment is African Americans at 3%. Non US is 12% and mixed race is 5%. USC has 39% white, 20% Asian and 14% Non US. African Americans do slightly better than at UCLA at 4% and Hispanics are 13%

But why would Lori have to cheat to get her daughter in? OJ already has deals with, among others, Amazon and Sephora. Those are very impressive on an application. She has famous parents and don't think the University didn't try to use that to their advantage before the scandal. She graduated from, I presume, a good private high school. That has to account for something at a private university. Even though she probably is a total airhead, it's hard to look at some of those achievements, including large following on social media, and not think that the admission board would be swayed.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2019 4:34 PM

R22 Felicity gets cast because she’s a competent actress (see American Crime) who was on a hit show and has an Oscar nom. It’s not like she’s nabbing A-list roles. She just built a career out of a series of smaller successes (and no huge breakout role) as many people do.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2019 4:34 PM

R28 - for the non-revenue generating sports, like rowing, sailing, etc., the universities generally trust the coaches, though at top-tier schools there is a higher threshold those candidates need to meet to get in (not as high as the standard for regular students, but higher than revenue generating sports like football). The coaches usually give the admissions folks a list of students they want and they get preferential treatment.

That being said, Lori Laughlin's kids must be fucking stupid to have to cheat to get into USC, esp. given OJ's work experience.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2019 4:36 PM

[quote]Like if you say you’re a champion tennis player, they just accept that? Everybody fluffs their resumes somewhat, but you would think the big achievements will be checked.

R28, this was discussed in one of the articles that came out yesterday (though I can't remember where). It made the excellent point that achievements in sports such as tennis, crew, volleyball and water polo aren't exactly well-publicized beyond maybe a specific state's level, so even within a given community of enthusiasts they have no real way of knowing for certain if a student is indeed a star athlete. Yes, leading universities may compete with one another to land the handful of genuine stars with reasonably large fan bases, but they might have 100 spots to fill on a given team, and there simply aren't enough "known" athletes to fill them.

Also, particularly among elite universities with widely known rigorous academics, there's both internal and external pressure to produce across-the-board excellence, even in seemingly "minor" sports like water polo. It wouldn't be "fitting" if Yale had a consistently top-3 academic ranking but a tennis team ranked in the lower half of the top-100.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2019 4:37 PM

R34, so in other words, the coach must be complicit with the cheating company in order to produce documentation that the student is truly an elite athlete. At USC, one girl got onto the womens basketball team, which only has fifteen scholarships. No way the coach did not know of this development but he's still there.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2019 4:42 PM

Felicity Huffman ‏Verified account @FelicityHuffman

Love trumps hate. Honored to join the #WomensMarchOnWashington with so many amazing women (and men) 3:04 PM - 21 Jan 2017

New sign "Cash trumps studying".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2019 4:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2019 4:52 PM

Mamet talking about the "Texas verdict"?

In his case, that was the University of Texas cancelling his deal after he was lecturing his students and advising them to give hell to all arabs because they "bombed New York City". He was promptly told not to come back for the next semester and his racist views were no longer considered vital to the curriculum lol.

Mamet's had a tough few weeks. His best friend Ricky Jay dies and now his other best friend is going to be a prison whore. I knew senility was kicking in on Mamet a few years ago when he said he was "in love with Sarah Palin".

I love his writing but come on. His letter was a disgrace. His friends have broken the law and must pay the penalty. Nothing to do with zeal for your kids.

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2019 4:56 PM

There's going to be a great difference in the mugshots.

From what I read, Huffman's arrest was done in early morning and the family was asleep when authorities arrived. Thus, no makeup or hair style.

Loughlin had time on the plane to pretty herself up.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2019 4:56 PM

Not forgetting the faking of learning disabilities R1, making it harder for people with genuine issues to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2019 4:57 PM

Lori is a homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2019 4:58 PM

Has the Hallmark channel broken into their regularly scheduled programming to update its viewers on Lori's arrest?

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2019 4:59 PM

Lori's not the only one getting cheek fillers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2019 5:00 PM

Nothing beats Huffman and Macy deciding their younger daughter is too smart for the scam.

Olivia Jade was CC'd on emails from Lori about the application forms being "hard". Bye bitch!

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2019 5:00 PM

[quote]Lori is a homophobic cunt.

Stop that shit. She is not.

by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2019 5:01 PM

R43 Chipmunk cheeks...looks like he's storing nuts

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2019 5:02 PM

R40 - They were on to the fake disability and they rejected that lawyer's daughter twic.e They only allowed it when law enforcement forced them to as part of the sting.

I'm not saying it's not abused by the wealthy, because I personally know that the "extra time" is, but kudos to the folks that were on to that particular aspect of this scam.

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2019 5:03 PM

The View Blasts College Admissions Scandal: How ‘Mediocre’ Must You Be to Game a System That Advantages You Anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2019 5:04 PM

Anyone starting to be more depressed by all of this rather than excited of enjoying these toads getting caught?

It is exposing some hard truths about life, that I would rather not face at the moment-

Olivia Jade is abhorrent but I find myself despising the parents far more. She is too dumb and vapid to care about.

And her cheeks are TRAGIC. TOO YOUNG for that kind of cosmetic shit.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2019 5:05 PM

The outrage around this is so ridiculous. The great majority of us never even had a shot at elite schools anyway. And there are soooooo many others ways the rich and famous f*ck the other 99% everyday.

Meanwhile, we have a President who is wreaking havoc -- stealing, lying and cheating -- who is clearly a beneficiary of illegal bribes and favors every step of his life from the cradle to the White House. But the media is focused on the alleged misdeeds of the supporting actress from Netflix's "Full House"? And the Deplorables are crying foul?!?!?!!!

This is Amerikkka today.

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2019 5:05 PM

Lori hasn't aged much. Mossimo looks pretty weathered.

It was such a waste of money for them. I agree w/ the other poster who said their money should have gone to buying instagram followers and a modeling contract like the Rinna/Hamlin daughters. Or pay for a film short starring their daughters.

OJade was supposed to be a coxswain. The hardest part of that gig would be to get up early and actually sit in a cold boat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2019 5:06 PM

R48 I can only imagine what insights McHeiress has

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2019 5:07 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2019 5:07 PM

I read a short story recently where a film producer is doing an elevator pitch of a movie he wants to do where the main actress hired will be literately beheaded in front of an audience to see if the theory that a person has ten seconds of consciousness before dying that way. He reveals halfway through the pitch that he want Zosia Mamet for the role.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2019 5:07 PM

The Russian and Chinese oligarch model of education: pay someone to write your application and your thesis. A degree is just a product, right? Available to those who can afford it. Another great idea from global capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2019 5:08 PM

How will Olivia Jade's crisis manager advise her? Cut her hair short, tone done the makeup, wear glasses, start studying and do a mea culpa tour, or double down on her Insta career and leave USC?

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2019 5:09 PM

I didn't think you could go to prison because your kids are lazy and dumb, but apparently you can.

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2019 5:10 PM

[quote]How will Olivia Jade's crisis manager advise her?

Crisis manager: Kill yourself, dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote]I wonder if the FBI was actually investigating an agency unrelated to athletics like, say, the College Board, but stumbled onto Singer’s other connections during the investigation.

This is pure conjecture on my part but we’ll see if my hunch is correct.

I think the whole thing started with a “follow the money” mentality. The guy at the center of this either cheated on his taxes big time, or was spending money far and above what he was taking in “officially.” Hence, let’s see where he’s getting all this money from, and...bingo!

by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2019 5:11 PM

R50 And Pelosi doesn't think it's worth impeaching Trump. WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2019 5:12 PM

I think the IRS uncovered Singer’s fake “charity”... and started taking a look at everyone who had made donations.

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2019 5:13 PM

[quote]The outrage around this is so ridiculous. The great majority of us never even had a shot at elite schools anyway. And there are soooooo many others ways the rich and famous f*ck the other 99% everyday.

Yeah, so let’s let the scammers get away with it then. Those that DO have a shot at elite schools shouldn’t mind. Just because something has been done for a long time, doesn’t make it right and doesn’t mean people shouldn’t face consequences if they’re caught.

by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2019 5:13 PM

R61, you and I are thinking on the same wavelength.

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote] Those private high schools had to be aware of this scam- they have a general idea how kids will test on ACT/SAT and there is no way a kid bumps up a score by hundreds without someone figuring it out. They were prob paid to stay quiet too.

I am sure the schools knew but I doubt they were paid off. Private high schools exist to cater to customer-students. There is a strong incentive to keep quiet. It's the same at the college level and I bet this scheme just scratches the surface.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2019 5:15 PM

R49 So you think that OJade had her cheeks injected with fillers? I'm not so sure. I think it could just be the McLaughlin genes.

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2019 5:15 PM

[quote]lower-tier privates

Oh, honey, let me tell you, I’ve been with some of those in my life.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2019 5:15 PM

FBI said the were investigating something else and came across this. I agree it had something to do with NCAA athletics.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2019 5:16 PM

The outrage would be only merry entertainment if college wasn't a requirement for just the hope of not living on the street. Now, with almost every job outside of laborer requiring a college degree, having an admissiion slot stolen hits home.

by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2019 5:16 PM

R61 I agree. I don't think it was a nosy high school counselor.

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2019 5:17 PM

[quote] The outrage around this is so ridiculous. The great majority of us never even had a shot at elite schools anyway.

Outrage ABOUT. Not around.

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2019 5:17 PM

Dear Lori, maybe you should've cared about your daughter's education at anytime before age 17. She didn't become a useless twat overnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2019 5:18 PM

[quote]actually if you read the case, It seems like the universities should have know about this. It seems like they are complicit. That olivia jade is a USC student and is fucking stupid.

I'm waiting to see if additional payouts have happened. To get into these schools is one thing, but one has to maintain grades to stay. If she's as stupid as you're all implying, she should have been booted.

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote] I think the IRS uncovered Singer’s fake “charity”... and started taking a look at everyone who had made donations.

Yeah, that was mentioned in one of the news articles in this thread or a previous one. Singer began calling around to the "donors" of his "charity" and told them that the IRS was contacting donors and asking about the contributions. He told them to tell the IRS (if they called) that the contributions were for the benefit of "underserved children."

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2019 5:19 PM

I thought a coach told the authorities about the scam.

Does anyone know why William H. Macy hasn't been charged? He was certainly in on this, based on Felicity's charges. Would love it if he threw her under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2019 5:20 PM

[quote]I am sure the schools knew but I doubt they were paid off. Private high schools exist to cater to customer-students. There is a strong incentive to keep quiet. It's the same at the college level and I bet this scheme just scratches the surface.

There’s no way that guidance counselors at the Huffman girl’s high-school didn’t know someone was cheating, when a special needs student scored a 1420. They definitely knew.

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2019 5:23 PM

I'm a God-fearing woman who unfortunately didn't previously fear the FBI or IRS.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2019 5:23 PM

R74 No one knows why he wasn't charged. The charging documents clearly show that not only was he aware of the scheme but they also have him on tape.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]How will Olivia Jade's crisis manager advise her? Cut her hair short, tone done the makeup, wear glasses, start studying and do a mea culpa tour, or double down on her Insta career and leave USC?

At this point I think she needs to simply disappear for a year or two - but may need to change her name and possibly get looks-altering cosmetic surgery, depending on how many news cycles the scandal lasts. (And btw I think there's a 0% chance she's returning to SC this year.)

[quote]So you think that OJade had her cheeks injected with fillers? I'm not so sure. I think it could just be the McLaughlin genes.

L.A. kids, and certainly those with celebrity parents, have been getting cosmetic work done for decades. All of the Kardashian bitches had it (for the first time, at least) around the age of 17-18. Even Angelina got a nose job back in her teens, meaning she had the surgery circa 1978.

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2019 5:25 PM

[quote]Does anyone know why William H. Macy hasn't been charged? He was certainly in on this, based on Felicity's charges. Would love it if he threw her under the bus.

I think they only have evidence of him being involved in the scam regarding the younger daughter. But ultimately they didn’t go ahead with that daughter... so I don’t think he’s really guilty of anything.

I don’t think there’s any physical evidence showing him being involved with the first daughter.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2019 5:26 PM

I think those cheeks are too fake. her sister doesn't have the same problem.

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2019 5:27 PM

Breille Bierman (Kim Zolciak's tragic over face tuned daughter) could afforda 6500 dollar a month apartment in Atlanta based of her instagram sponsers. She decided not to go to college because college was hard and instagram was easy. I doubt Kim had 500K to get her into a college anyway.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2019 5:27 PM

Some already posted about it in previous threads, they have more evidence against the wife. she wrote all the emails.

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2019 5:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2019 5:28 PM

William H. Macy sucked cock to get out of charges; Felicity refused.

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2019 5:29 PM

William H. Macy is one strange looking guy. Good thing he is an actor.

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2019 5:31 PM

Why does Lori Loughlin look like she just Hoovered up a long line of coke before each picture was taken?

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2019 5:33 PM

Because JESUS R86

I wonder if Candace will play her in the TV movie

by Anonymousreply 87March 13, 2019 5:33 PM

Based on what we all know of our criminal justice system, there is literally no likelihood that all these parents will go to prison. They’ll all have great lawyers and will probably end up with Community Service. I bet Lori, her husband and Felicity don’t spend any time in prison.

by Anonymousreply 88March 13, 2019 5:34 PM

LL had excellent work done . But her husband’s cheeks look like Wendy Williams or Michael Jackson’s. wtf ? He is cute otherwise. Love that these hypocrites are going down . More to come . Watch them fall .

by Anonymousreply 89March 13, 2019 5:34 PM

I'm not so sure of that, R88.

by Anonymousreply 90March 13, 2019 5:35 PM

I'm not so sure about that R88. Regardless of their sentence, they've fucked themselves career wise.

by Anonymousreply 91March 13, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote]Why does Lori Loughlin look like she just Hoovered up a long line of coke before each picture was taken?

She may have to submit to random drug tests if she ends up on probation or house arrest.

by Anonymousreply 92March 13, 2019 5:37 PM

I hope investigators work backwards and see if any of these parents did anything to get them into K-12 beyond writing some extra checks

by Anonymousreply 93March 13, 2019 5:37 PM

[quote]Why does Lori Loughlin look like she just Hoovered up a long line of coke before each picture was taken?

Is this a trick question? She looks like it because she DID just Hoover up long lines of gak before each shot.

by Anonymousreply 94March 13, 2019 5:38 PM

How will the Hallmark channel handle this?

by Anonymousreply 95March 13, 2019 5:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 13, 2019 5:44 PM

Lori is definitely more fucked than Felicity

* Her kids are enrolled, FH kids are still applying to school

* Her daughters act like Marie Antoinette online, FH kids are generic teenage girls

* More money spent, more elaborate scam

by Anonymousreply 97March 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Can any of these parents face civil liability for this scam? I know the colleges will be sued.

by Anonymousreply 98March 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Let's face it, USC and University of Texas and one step up from a community college.

by Anonymousreply 99March 13, 2019 5:51 PM

The reason we have the turd in the White House along with his relatives and cronies is because our values as a country are rotten. We value money and fame and that’s it. The people saying it’s not a big deal and any parent would do the same if they could cannot have a problem then with Trump getting clearance for his son in law, Trump hiring his useless sons, Trump being a trust funder, Trump paying off a porn star to protect his wife and child and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 100March 13, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote]Would love it if he threw her under the bus.

What? Why?

by Anonymousreply 101March 13, 2019 5:56 PM

University of San Diego was also involved, when was this a hard school to get into? Are the kids that retarded?!

by Anonymousreply 102March 13, 2019 5:56 PM

"Let's face it, USC and University of Texas and one step up from a community college."

You are REALLY out of touch if you believe that. USC has something like a 20% acceptance rate these days. You eldergays don't understand how much more competitive college admissions are today. Top colleges are MUCH harder to get into, acceptance rates have gone down across the board.

by Anonymousreply 103March 13, 2019 5:59 PM

Anyone coming into this thread as a newbie, might want to have a browse through Part Three. There was a LOT of discussion about how college rankings and the admission process have changed over the years. Many of the schools I remembered as being "lower tier" or "easy in" aren't now, and in some cases, the other way around. There was some good discussion from people on the inside such as admin. Just throwing that out there.

by Anonymousreply 104March 13, 2019 6:00 PM

R95 "USC - Not Without My Daughter!" starring Morena Baccarin and Carys Douglas.

by Anonymousreply 105March 13, 2019 6:01 PM

Once again, USC lives down to its reputation as the University of Spoiled Children, and students like Olivia Jade are the Trojan Whores.

by Anonymousreply 106March 13, 2019 6:01 PM

Lori’s daughter might be loving this. Properly played, this could be her Ray J sex tape. Little OJ needs to get in touch with Kris and build an empire off this. She’s a household name now. Even if you’re known for a shitty reason, (i.e. Dr Phil catch me outside chick) you make money and have fans from it.

by Anonymousreply 107March 13, 2019 6:02 PM

I know a family with two very smart and clever sons. They got into top tier schools based on merit, both were valedictorians of their high schools and had exceptional academic and other performance prior to applying to the colleges of their choice.

One son made money during and after college by writing and editing the essays and other written material students needed to submit as part of their applications. Both sons are now in solid tech careers but the cheater is arrogant and entitled. The parents were deeply distressed by a lot of his behavior but now that he's successful and stable in his field they've put the past behind them. Creepy as he could be, he did not himself cheat, but he did enable others.

The cheaters in this case got caught. Their cheating was reprehensible, bit they aren't the only ones gaming the system. It happens in countless instances and in a variety of ways. Sometimes it's mom editing their kids papers and beefing them up with additional information to get a better grade. I have a relative who did that, I doubt her son would graduated without her constant help. I imagine their are legions of parents out there assisting their kids that way.

With the corrupt leadership in the US today I fear it will inspire even more people to cheat any way they can.

by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2019 6:02 PM

r102, the University of San Diego only admits about half the people who apply. A lot of kids who apply aren't getting in.

by Anonymousreply 109March 13, 2019 6:02 PM

Sponsors, if they are smart, should be dumping her R107.

by Anonymousreply 110March 13, 2019 6:04 PM

R88 I agree only if they didn't commit tax fraud by taking tax deductions. If they did, they are fucked and will be going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 111March 13, 2019 6:04 PM

R71 isn’t she precious.

by Anonymousreply 112March 13, 2019 6:05 PM

R95 I don't think they (or their viewers) really care and I'm sure they will welcome her back after it is all over and done.

by Anonymousreply 113March 13, 2019 6:05 PM

[quote] And the way she goes on about William H. Macy being such a catch for her! Weird. I mean he obviously is more talented and charismatic than her, but WTF is with her obsession?

It's nice to be appreciative of your partner in life but this seems more about HER. She can't have anyone thinking she somehow "settled". Overpraising him validates HER.

by Anonymousreply 114March 13, 2019 6:06 PM

Oh Mamet

I went to BU film school eons ago. For one of our screen writing classes Mamet came in to lecture for a day. The was a cautionary warning that if we were even a minute late for the class we were out of luck because he would lock the door and we weren't allowed in. As I had other commitments in the morning I was aware that i probably couldn't get there on time so i didn't even try to make the lecture. When I did make it in I ran into one of my classmates and asked him about it. He said that I missed nothing as Mamet did indeed lock the door and then told all of them to quit grad school as it was all a waste of effort. That was his lecture. The whole lecture.

So fuck him and the horse he road in on and his talentless daughter.

by Anonymousreply 115March 13, 2019 6:07 PM

I admit if I were a parent and had the means, I'd probably do whatever I could to give them a boost.

BUT...

I'd only do it if I had a kid with drive that really wanted to make the most of it. I'm not committing a felony for Little Miss I Want To Party.

by Anonymousreply 116March 13, 2019 6:09 PM

R115 Are you in the industry now, did grad school enhance your career? I find Mamet to be an arrogant prick who is not nearly as talented as he thinks BUT anyone Ive met who went to film school regretted it. Perhaps it was less regrettable eons ago when tuition was cheaper.

by Anonymousreply 117March 13, 2019 6:29 PM

r115 reminded me of a Mamet lecture to aspiring actors in which he informed us that if we weren't working actors by 28 to give up, as we would never be successful in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 118March 13, 2019 6:48 PM

David Mamet's daughter is one of the ugliest women in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 119March 13, 2019 6:57 PM

Did Felicity pay someone to have her mugshot destroyed?

by Anonymousreply 120March 13, 2019 7:14 PM

gurl...

by Anonymousreply 121March 13, 2019 7:23 PM

[quote]Breille Bierman (Kim Zolciak's tragic over face tuned daughter) could afforda 6500 dollar a month apartment in Atlanta based of her instagram sponsers. She decided not to go to college because college was hard and instagram was easy.

You know you done fucked up when Kim Zolciak's "hoe daughter" seems more redeemable than your own!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 13, 2019 7:24 PM

R44 It's going to be fun for them . Hey mom , dad . Why don't you love me enough to commit a felony for me like you did for my sister . Or is it going to be . Hey mom , dad. Why do you think I'm so stupid you have to commit a felony for me .

by Anonymousreply 123March 13, 2019 7:53 PM

What the fuck happened to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 124March 13, 2019 8:14 PM

Olivia is a fine name. Sticking Jade behind it just hitches a trailer onto it.

by Anonymousreply 125March 13, 2019 8:19 PM

Wow did thread came to a screeching halt!

by Anonymousreply 126March 13, 2019 8:27 PM

Felicity knows someone at DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 127March 13, 2019 8:28 PM

I can’t effng keep up with you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 128March 13, 2019 8:31 PM

I hope TMZ sends out people to track down Candace Cameron, Bob Saget or John Stamos to ask them about Lori.

by Anonymousreply 129March 13, 2019 8:44 PM

Now the ringleader of the scam says they grossed $25 million having served 750 clients.

by Anonymousreply 130March 13, 2019 8:49 PM

This is some schadenfreude for the entitled. The prosecutor said there would be more indictments. I wonder why the delay.

by Anonymousreply 131March 13, 2019 8:57 PM

Will the SC “student” get expelled?

by Anonymousreply 132March 13, 2019 9:02 PM

So this how the kids learn their parents didn’t think they were very smart. Thats gotta hurt.

by Anonymousreply 133March 13, 2019 9:05 PM

Don't you think they already knew?

by Anonymousreply 134March 13, 2019 9:07 PM

This is a case for the FBI

by Anonymousreply 135March 13, 2019 9:08 PM

But we've been told the kids knew nothing about the scam R134

by Anonymousreply 136March 13, 2019 9:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 13, 2019 9:09 PM

Quote from the article. I kind of wonder if some of the psychologists were also paid off as part the scam.

[quote]It was vital, Singer told Caplan, for his daughter “to be stupid” when the psychologist evaluated her. A poor evaluation report would allow for Caplan’s daughter to be granted extra time when she took her standardized tests, a practice that Singer said is widespread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138March 13, 2019 9:09 PM

My mom told me never to play dumb for anyone R138.

by Anonymousreply 139March 13, 2019 9:10 PM

Mamet:

[quote]I do not see the difference between getting a kid into school by bribing the Building Committee, and by bribing someone else. But, apparently, the second is against the Law. So be it.

It’s not against the law, you pompous shit. Claiming the bribe money back as a tax rebate, now that’s against the law.

by Anonymousreply 140March 13, 2019 9:11 PM

[quote]David Mamet's daughter is one of the ugliest women in Hollywood.

I agree and she gets by on nepotism. David needs to be called out on that more.

by Anonymousreply 141March 13, 2019 9:13 PM

CNN: FBI Director Christopher Wray Giving a Statement on Now-Captured Lori Loughlin at 6:00pm EST

by Anonymousreply 142March 13, 2019 9:14 PM

Isn’t Miss Lori due in court right about now? Where are the paps? Where’s TMZ??

by Anonymousreply 143March 13, 2019 9:15 PM

Mamet

by Anonymousreply 144March 13, 2019 9:17 PM

Now students with legit learning disabilities are going to be looked upon with skepticism thanks to these crooked parents and coaches. Imagine the resources earmarked for disabled students that were absorbed by the entitled cheaters.

by Anonymousreply 145March 13, 2019 9:19 PM

Did any of the students end up taking any financial assistance/scholarships opportunities from other students?

by Anonymousreply 146March 13, 2019 9:19 PM

At least Aunt Becky's feeling optimistic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 13, 2019 9:20 PM

John Stamos already said "no comment" when the paps saw him last night.

by Anonymousreply 148March 13, 2019 9:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 13, 2019 9:24 PM

R143 they are probably already there along with the news crews and journalists

Kevin Tripp ‏@kevintripp Press lined up waiting for Lori Loughlin to exit federal court after 2pm hearing in LA #CollegeCheatingScandal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 13, 2019 9:25 PM

Test. Having trouble posting....

by Anonymousreply 151March 13, 2019 9:26 PM

This is the most publicity Z-List (she does Hallmark series for Christ's sake!!!!) this born-again cunt has received in her life.

by Anonymousreply 152March 13, 2019 9:27 PM

I think it is beyond delicious that this happened to that phony, virtue signaling bitch Felicity. At the beginning of her career, she pretended to own her rather modest and off putting looks and wore them like a badge of honor. Then suddenly one day she showed up with a brand new face, completely unrecognizable, without a word of explanation and acted like her shit didn’t stink. And her & Bill’s “we’re such a cool, Hollywood Bohemian couple” was vomit-inducing. Schaudenfraude indeed!! I’m lapping it up like a kitten with a bowl of cream!

by Anonymousreply 153March 13, 2019 9:27 PM

Why is it taking so long to get the mugshots? Are they airbrushing them for the celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 154March 13, 2019 9:31 PM

I haven't been able to post for hours. Testing!

by Anonymousreply 155March 13, 2019 9:31 PM

Tweet from a NY Magazine writer:

"The number of prominent entertainment industry people who told me yesterday they weren't surprised Felicity was indicted was astounding. All of them were shocked that Lori was indicted, however."

I posted in the lengthy Desperate Housewives how manipulative and backstabbing Felicity could be and was the worst one overall on set, but most believed the fake face/persona she put on. She and Eva really screwed over Nicollette Sheridan big time. She was mean to Teri Hatcher, but all the other housewives disliked her too and could be cold and mean to Teri. But Teri is very weird herself and you never knew what mood she'd be in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 13, 2019 9:32 PM

Is "Law Enforcement" the #1 Drama Provider of 2019?

by Anonymousreply 157March 13, 2019 9:33 PM

I see the scandal involves Yale admissions, and I wonder if this will lead to the inevitable downfall of one Amy Sherman-Palladino. Specifically, was Rory Gilmore really smart enough to go the Yale, or did Sherman-Paladino hire a bunch of writers to make her seem smart enough to go to Yale, when in fact she was nothing more than a intellectually-deficient, boy-hungry teen? Expect more indictments.

by Anonymousreply 158March 13, 2019 9:35 PM

I bet more people with disabilities come out and slam them for this.

Jess Marion- The Blind Athlete ‏@LiftyGirl The #CollegeCheatingScandal is about so much more than the celebrity names involved. These individuals abused the #ADA to get SAT accommodations for non-disabled kids. It took a year for me to secure accommodations for my SAT (as a #PWP)

by Anonymousreply 159March 13, 2019 9:38 PM

Testing too.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for "OJ". She didn't stand a chance with either of those two for "parents".

by Anonymousreply 160March 13, 2019 9:40 PM

Dear Lori, if your daughter finds the application process "too confusing", she's not worth half a mil to sneak into college.

R160 she had every chance. That's the whole point. Fuck her

by Anonymousreply 161March 13, 2019 9:41 PM

yes, but these parents started to scam very early on...like 1 year in advance...Felicity's younger daughter is only 16 and they were inquiring about scamming for her.

by Anonymousreply 162March 13, 2019 9:46 PM

Live feed outside the courthouse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 13, 2019 9:49 PM

It must be killing OJ not to be able to post more selfies. The dumb bitch was in a car accident two years ago because she was filming while driving.

by Anonymousreply 164March 13, 2019 9:52 PM

did the daughters get nose jobs like mommy?

by Anonymousreply 165March 13, 2019 9:57 PM

Has Elizabeth Warren commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 166March 13, 2019 9:58 PM

Yes R166

by Anonymousreply 167March 13, 2019 9:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 13, 2019 10:01 PM

You people have been schadenfreude-ing in this thread so hard, you nearly broke DL for a while. Slow down, Jesus! We need DL for other things as well.

by Anonymousreply 169March 13, 2019 10:02 PM

[quote]It must be killing OJ not to be able to post more selfies.

It must be killing OJ Simpson that his moniker now belongs to a vapid Instagram ho.’

by Anonymousreply 170March 13, 2019 10:02 PM

For the posters upthread, I was also having problems posting about an hour ago. I'd get a error that I didn't have permission, but still got the posting options and boxes. Search has also been on the fritz.

Teri Hatcher is having the last laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 13, 2019 10:02 PM

Dear Don Jr, you were known for pissing in other people's beds in college. Eat shit.

by Anonymousreply 172March 13, 2019 10:03 PM

JFC, COME ON! What the fuck, is her glam squad getting her tarted up for her big moment? Let's GO! How much do you want to bet she'll be wearing a cross?

Was Lori's bail the same as Mr. Lori's? I would assume so. I'm guessing the house was collateral for both, but I want some facts.

by Anonymousreply 173March 13, 2019 10:03 PM

[quote]If we can't get a mugshot, can we at least get a court artist's rendering?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 13, 2019 10:16 PM

Fuck this twat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175March 13, 2019 10:16 PM

Elizabeth Warren maybe should have sat this one out.

by Anonymousreply 176March 13, 2019 10:19 PM

And you know what? Shame on Amazon for hiring that twat to represent their college prime service or whatever it was. This spoiled brat publicly spoke about hating school, yet Amazon made her their collegiate poster child.

by Anonymousreply 177March 13, 2019 10:20 PM

R176 As should anyone in the Trump family/admin

by Anonymousreply 178March 13, 2019 10:20 PM

3:15 PM PT -- Loughlin got the same treatment as her husband ... the judge set her bond at $1 million. Just like Mossimo Giannulli, she was allowed to put their home up as collateral to secure the bond.

She will be allowed to travel to Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada for purposes of work -- that's where she shoots projects for the Hallmark Channel. However, she'll have to surrender her passport in December, once all her contracted work in Canada is completed.

The judge also instructed Loughlin to avoid contact with other suspects and witnesses ... other than her daughters and husband. She'll have to appear in federal court in Boston on March 29 ... along with Mossimo and Felicity Huffman.

by Anonymousreply 179March 13, 2019 10:26 PM

Boston? Why Boston?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 13, 2019 10:27 PM

[quote]OJade was supposed to be a coxswain. The hardest part of that gig would be to get up early and actually sit in a cold boat.

Nah she could probably master sitting, now spelling coxswain...well.

by Anonymousreply 181March 13, 2019 10:29 PM

[quote]Was Lori's bail the same as Mr. Lori's? I would assume so. I'm guessing the house was collateral for both, but I want some facts.

I'm still having trouble getting my head around having to put their residence up as collateral. Are they so cash poor that they did not have 10% of his $1M Or maybe I don't understand the Fed bail system and more is required.

by Anonymousreply 182March 13, 2019 10:31 PM

[quote] Lori is a homophobic cunt.

[quote] Stop that shit. She is not.

Evangelical - check

Guest on Pat Robertson's show - check

Yep, a homophobic cunt

by Anonymousreply 183March 13, 2019 10:33 PM

R182 Me too especially because they appear to be very rich. Maybe most of their wealth is tied up in real estate? This article seems to hint they are real estate flippers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 13, 2019 10:33 PM

yeah...they are poor, not even 100k in cash.

Maybe their money is in the stock market. and 500k gone to scammer. Or maybe they hide it off shore.

by Anonymousreply 185March 13, 2019 10:33 PM

Don't you dare feel sorry (or any sympathy at all) for the bitch daughter. A girl born in poverty to deadbeat parents is rightly considered brave and inspiring if she overcomes her situation by working hard, getting into a good school, and getting a good job after graduation. A girl born to privileged who has NO lower-class situation to overcome, who still turns out like this vacuous bitch deserves NOTHING. Don't feel sorry for HER, feel sorry for all the girls (or boys!) who this waste-of-space and her mother screwed out of THEIR chances to get something, anything in this vulture country.

by Anonymousreply 186March 13, 2019 10:33 PM

[quote] Warren described herself as a Native American in a State Bar of Texas membership application, She also claimed for decades that she had Cherokee ancestors, allegedly using that identification to get university slots as both students and professor, Warren famously took a DNA test and released the results, which showed she may be as little as 1/1,024th American Indian – less than most white Americans

And she took the test in good faith. She and her family were raised to believe it, as many in the area did where she lived. Ever see the DNA commercial where the guy thinks all his life he is Italian and he isn't? She didn't purposely defraud anyone.

by Anonymousreply 187March 13, 2019 10:34 PM

r182 We had the same questions on the last thread. Seems pretty bleak if you can't scare up 100k for your bail, and another 100k for your wife. Yet they had 500k to spend on cheating their kids into school?

by Anonymousreply 188March 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Macy needs to hand her divorce papers immediately. He doesn't need the baggage of a convicted felon.

by Anonymousreply 189March 13, 2019 10:36 PM

Could it be the case they preferred to put up the house rather than dig into their cash stash? If they're confident they're not going on the lam, then putting up the house is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 190March 13, 2019 10:36 PM

How do I link to a tweet. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 191March 13, 2019 10:37 PM

I can't understand doing all this for kids who actively hate school. If your kid actually wants to put the education to use, I'd understand. But this black hole of knowledge known as Olivia Jade wouldn't do anything with it. Rent her an apartment next to campus and let her hang out.

by Anonymousreply 192March 13, 2019 10:39 PM

r180 That's where the FBI office that pursued this case is based, so that's probably the district where the charges are filed?

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2019 10:39 PM

Charges could probably have been brought anywhere one of the colleges was located, or even where one of the prospective defendants is located. Boston seems like an odd venue, but it's fraud in interstate commerce so I guess it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2019 10:43 PM

I actually prefer the youngest Kardashian over this new hellspawn Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2019 10:45 PM

1. Loughlin is out on bond and allowed to leave the country? What? Does Canada allow that? I thought they were strict. Even though she’s not convicted... how does that work?

2. Olivia Jade and her daddy must not have the same surgeon as LL. Her work is impeccable.

3. When Zosia Mamet popped up on “Mad Men”, she was so terrible she took me right out of the story and it made me yell at the TV. She looks like a Neanderthal.

by Anonymousreply 196March 13, 2019 10:47 PM

^^ LL’s work is impeccable. Her kid looks like she has the mumps.

by Anonymousreply 197March 13, 2019 10:48 PM

R196 From TMZ:

She will be allowed to travel to Vancouver and British Columbia, Canada for purposes of work -- that's where she shoots projects for the Hallmark Channel. However, she'll have to surrender her passport in December, once all her contracted work in Canada is completed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 13, 2019 10:49 PM

R192, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 199March 13, 2019 10:49 PM

They are multi-millionaires, Moss sold one line for $135 mill, she's been working consistently since she was 15 years old. Putting up a house is just easier and looks better to the courts. Anyone could skip town giving up some cash, but most people aren't going to forfeit their house.

by Anonymousreply 200March 13, 2019 10:50 PM

As Lori Loughlin traveled from Vancouver to L.A. Tuesday night to surrender to federal authorities in the college bribery scandal -- which got her daughter, Olivia Jade, into USC -- Olivia spent the night on the yacht of the Chairman of USC's Board of Trustees ... but she's off the boat now, TMZ has learned.

We've learned 19-year-old Olivia was on Rick Caruso's yacht in the Bahamas. Caruso's daughter, Gianna, Olivia and several other friends were spending spring break in the area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201March 13, 2019 10:50 PM

Any word from Uncle Jesse?

by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2019 10:52 PM

Yes R202.

by Anonymousreply 203March 13, 2019 10:52 PM

I wonder if OJ has the same coke dealer as Aunt Becky and Mr. Lori.

by Anonymousreply 204March 13, 2019 10:55 PM

R202

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205March 13, 2019 10:57 PM

Back some 25 years ago I worked for Brown University. I was in the IT section for Alumni and Devel. We often remarked how large donors kids got into Brown.

by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2019 10:57 PM

Quick all you writers, get to work, a Lifetime movie "Redemption"starring Felecity Huffman, Lori Loughlin & Jessie Smollett.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2019 10:58 PM

Jesus the daughter looks like Joan Rivers in 201. What’s up with her face, is she already overdoing fillers or is she fat. I’ve seen posts calling her a beauty, what? The mother is a beautiful woman but I’ve never heard of her before this broke. The girls don’t have her bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2019 10:59 PM

It cannot get any better than the dumb daughter partying on the chairman's yacht in the Bahamas.

[quote]But this black hole of knowledge known as Olivia Jade wouldn't do anything with it.

I think it's worse than this. She seems like the type for whom a little knowledge is a dangerous thing -- like she'll take a "Rocks for Jocks" course and start defending "intelligent design" or she'll see "chem trails" instead of contrails after dropping in on an intro to meteorology course a few times. And she'll feel completely justified cuz she went to college and's smart and all.

by Anonymousreply 209March 13, 2019 11:00 PM

r201 GAH! I said on the last thread (or the other one) that she was likely a yacht girl!

by Anonymousreply 210March 13, 2019 11:02 PM

They did just dock the yacht and throw her off and go on with the party. I hope they did. Must have been fun onboard when the story broke.

by Anonymousreply 211March 13, 2019 11:04 PM

Well this really fucked up spring break for a few people.

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2019 11:05 PM

More proof that breeders have spawn for their own self-aggrandizement.

I've been calling into question the whole "elite" schools concept for awhile and this matter confirms my worst suspicions- it's all false; a delusional status built on pretense and dishonesty.

I'm not gonna humble-brag; I'll outright brag: I graduated UW- Madison Law School. It's a superb, mid- tier school. I'll always remember a person there I was acquainted with who would stick needles in her eyes before she would say she graduated Harvard. I was very impressed with her humility which is just the opposite of the attitudes on display here where all an elite education means is bragging rights.

Public and private education in this country, from-pre-school and on up, is, to use a non-legal term, fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2019 11:07 PM

I hope TMZ is waiting at the airport for the vacuous twat. She's probably crying because she can't post bikini selfies

by Anonymousreply 214March 13, 2019 11:07 PM

r201 This is fucking jaw-dropping. The universe has a sense of humor and it hates the rich. This makes me--someone who is not a supporter of Bernie Sanders--want to elect him president, speaker of the house, and chief justice of the supreme court, so that he can pull up these rich fucks by the root and literally hang them.

by Anonymousreply 215March 13, 2019 11:14 PM

[quote]Quick all you writers, get to work, a Lifetime movie "Redemption"starring Felecity Huffman, Lori Loughlin & Jessie Smollett.

Oh - it’s happening already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 13, 2019 11:15 PM

When the scandal broke (I subscribe to entertainment newsletters) I legitimately thought it was a casting announcement for a TV movie

For My Daughter's Degree, Starring Aunt Becky and Lynette Scavo

by Anonymousreply 217March 13, 2019 11:19 PM

There's some fight going on in the live feed. What's up? Lotsa fuck words!

by Anonymousreply 218March 13, 2019 11:23 PM

I am picturing "Mildred Pierce"esque scenes of screaming recrimination when Lori, Mossimo and Oliveda Jaded reunite.

"With this Instagram money I can finally get away from you and your Hallmark movies and you with your cheap Target goods. You'll never be anything but a common Frau who never did better than a cheesy TGIF sitcom! "

by Anonymousreply 219March 13, 2019 11:28 PM

r218 I heard that too. I think it's either between two camerapersons (one a veteran and one a neophyte) or some random on the street who happened upon the circus.

by Anonymousreply 220March 13, 2019 11:28 PM

I hope they play OJ's videos in court. That should be humbling for mommy.

And I hope they all have to fund a very large scholarship for kids actually working to make something of themselves

by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2019 11:30 PM

WHAT ABOUT MY FAAAAANS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Lynette Scavo also has several brands she CONSTANTLY pitches for on her SM.

by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2019 11:34 PM

Lil OJ is a little cunt.

Thought she had it all.

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2019 11:36 PM

Lori has probably been home doing lines and drinking wine in the Jacuzzi for the last 3 hours as I continue to wait for a glimpse of this D-lister. Who's the idiot?

Hint: me.

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2019 11:39 PM

Is Lori still going to appear or did she leave through a secret back exit?

by Anonymousreply 226March 13, 2019 11:40 PM

The REAL QUESTION is HOW MANY of these Social Media Celebrity Brat Whores are yet to be revealed??

by Anonymousreply 227March 13, 2019 11:41 PM

I heard she had left earlier R225. If the paps had been there all day what a screw-up for her to have gotten past them.

by Anonymousreply 228March 13, 2019 11:42 PM

[Quote] Lil OJ is a little cunt. Thought she had it all.

She did. And imo letting your children have it all never truly prepares them for real life. Giving your kids everything they want as children, means you'll end up having to give them everything when they're adults. A little struggle builds character, which little OJ seems to be lacking.

by Anonymousreply 229March 13, 2019 11:43 PM

R225 Lines, as in coke, or from a script?

by Anonymousreply 230March 13, 2019 11:44 PM

Well, there's this little bitch.

"“Unbeknownst to the school,” the complaint alleges, the proctor “sat side-by-side” with Isabelle during the exam, providing her with answers as she went. “After the exam, he ‘gloated’ with Elizabeth Henriquez and her daughter about the fact that they had cheated and gotten away with it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 13, 2019 11:44 PM

[R230] both

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2019 11:46 PM

How dumb IS she?

And yeah, copy your kid on your fraud emails. Princess OJ's first felony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2019 11:48 PM

What gets me more than the kid being confused by the form, is her parents' seeming inability to help her. Surely, they've filled out forms, even complicated ones, at one point in their lifetimes.

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2019 11:54 PM

Do we think young OJ gets kicked out? I mean the fact that she's been partying on a member of the board of trustee's yacht leads me to believe she's firmly entrenched in the upper echelon of the University of Spoiled Children. However, since she was cc'd on emails I think there's a good chance she'll be expelled.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2019 11:54 PM

2 different sources that she left the building according to some dude in the live feed.

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2019 11:55 PM

Two different sources say she has left the building. So I guess we won't get the perp walk.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2019 11:55 PM

R234 perhaps not. Doesn’t R Kelly claim (amongst other things) that he only went to a bank for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

I have known a few actors / artist types and they had trouble organising themselves enough to mail a letter, let alone fill out an entire form.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2019 11:55 PM

BREAKING: Elle Woods indicted in Harvard Law admissions scam

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2019 11:56 PM

Some of the reporters are saying they think she's left the building

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2019 11:56 PM

Living your life online 24/7 has implications, OJ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2019 11:57 PM

It should be a rule that if you can't fill out a college application (excluding those with disabilities) you can't be admitted.

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2019 11:57 PM

She left under the cover of horrid 90's Mossimo prints.

by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2019 11:57 PM

I love that this feed is uncensored. I hate that I still have it on.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2019 11:57 PM

The people in the chat are saying the courthouse closes at 5PM (2 minutes from now)

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2019 11:59 PM

Which one of you wrote this in the chat: OLIVIA JADE IS FAR TOO PRETTY TO EVER HAVE DONE SOMETHING BAD!! C'MON PEOPLE!!

by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2019 11:59 PM

Probably "OJ" herself r246

by Anonymousreply 247March 14, 2019 12:00 AM

John Stramos looks hot with the beard in R205's link.

by Anonymousreply 248March 14, 2019 12:01 AM

Aunt Becky probably left out the side door.

by Anonymousreply 249March 14, 2019 12:01 AM

R246 it wasn't me

by Anonymousreply 250March 14, 2019 12:01 AM

It looks like William H Macy did not get charged because there evidence showed him discussing the second daughter and Georgetown, and the second daughter did not go on to cheat (and presumably no money was exchanged).

by Anonymousreply 251March 14, 2019 12:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252March 14, 2019 12:02 AM

The live feed has ended...I guess they've given up on her coming out or realized she already left

by Anonymousreply 253March 14, 2019 12:04 AM

I hope the mugshots get published by tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 254March 14, 2019 12:05 AM

Dear rich people, start investing in your kid's education from the beginning and you probably don't have to break federal law to get them into a good college.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255March 14, 2019 12:06 AM

No celebrity will ever want to send their kid to USC again. I wonder what this will do to their rankings / reputation.

by Anonymousreply 256March 14, 2019 12:07 AM

Geez, no wonder USC's football program turned to shit.

by Anonymousreply 257March 14, 2019 12:07 AM

That's what I don't understand R255. If their kids were having a problem in school why the hell didn't they hire a tutor. OJ sounds like a bumbling idiot that anyone would notice there wasn't much upstairs.

by Anonymousreply 258March 14, 2019 12:09 AM

Imagine how much cash lil OJ is raking in with everyone checking out her bratty YouTube videos in the last two days. The rich get richer.

by Anonymousreply 259March 14, 2019 12:12 AM

We need an investigation into why the mugshots still haven't been released

by Anonymousreply 260March 14, 2019 12:13 AM

R258 It just doesn't seem like she was academically driven, and even a tutor couldn't have really helped. She wanted to go to college for "game days" and instagram sponsored posts. If it was the 80s she would have been home schooled and on a sitcom and maybe by now stealing videos like Dana Plato from Diff'rent Strokes.

by Anonymousreply 261March 14, 2019 12:15 AM

R261 I'm saying maybe they should have prioritized school from the start, like elementary. And if they tried (doubt it) and failed, put your resources behind something she IS good at.

by Anonymousreply 262March 14, 2019 12:17 AM

"Academically driven" is kind, indeed. The kid appears to be a seriously over-indulged airhead who had zero interest in "school." I don't know what the parents were thinking all the years they were raising their daughters, but it sounds like they weren't thinking at all. r261 has the right idea.

by Anonymousreply 263March 14, 2019 12:19 AM

You guys, she's totes deserving of a college education

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264March 14, 2019 12:22 AM

Poor idiot.

by Anonymousreply 265March 14, 2019 12:23 AM

There’s only so much a tutor can do even if the kid is dedicated and committed to learning. You cannot turn every child into an intellectual anymore than you can turn every child into a world class runner. We all have our aptitudes and biological limitations. With the current emphasis on STEM I know parents who have invested a lot of money in tutors, weekend courses, camps in coding and the kids just don’t get it. Only one kid has become competent. You have to have an aptitude, sadly one little girl is a really, really good writer but the parents are pushing her to code and work for one of the big tech companies. They can’t accept that she’s never going to wake up some morning and get it and they can’t let their dream go.

by Anonymousreply 266March 14, 2019 12:23 AM

Youre half right R265

by Anonymousreply 267March 14, 2019 12:23 AM

OJ's parents thought they could just pay their kids' way into college. Why bother instilling the value of an education to them as children when writing a check could do it with less effort.

by Anonymousreply 268March 14, 2019 12:28 AM

This is great and we should be taking these scammers down. But they are only being taken down because they just weren’t rich ENOUGH. If they were they could have made an endowment and got their kids in that way. And it’d be totally legal.

by Anonymousreply 269March 14, 2019 12:29 AM

[quote]Dear rich people, start investing in your kid's education from the beginning and you probably don't have to break federal law to get them into a good college.

They are already investing early, paying ridiculous amounts to ensure their tiny tots are in the right playschool. It's all about social status and brands from day 1, not education.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2019 12:29 AM

If you're rich and your kid isn't academically inclined, why not put money behind whatever their skill IS? Everyone has SOMETHING

by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2019 12:30 AM

I don't think our current scamming parents had "dreams" on their children's behalf. I think they wanted bragging rights. Unless you've raised a kid through high school or been around people who have, you can't imagine the level of competition among the parents over whose kid got into what college (and in certain major cities, high school or even nursery school).

by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2019 12:30 AM

As a California taxpayer don't I have the fucking RIGHT to see their mugshots? I'm going to call the courthouse tomorrow, why the fuck not. I'm on vacation and I'm bored. I'll report back. I'll probably just hear a lot of laughter and the sound of being disconnected.

by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]why not put money behind whatever their skill IS?

Well, Youtube is free.

by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2019 12:32 AM

Discover the Real Jesus

Merciful: Undeserved kindness instead of punishment.

Even though we are sinners who should be punished , God's mercy is available to us because of Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. What amazing news!

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2019 12:33 AM

R179 $2 million bail for Lori and Mossimo?! Unreal when Trump and his crime family haven't been busted.

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2019 12:33 AM

Too true R269.

I agree R272, this was never about the kids but about their own narcissistic need to brag about their kid's "achievements".

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2019 12:34 AM

I'm sorry but if I'm bribing someone to get my kid into college, I'd aim higher than USC.

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2019 12:35 AM

You're right R273, this is a travesty. As a CA taxpayer you have every right to view all public documents including humiliating mugshots of has been celebrities. It's only fair.

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2019 12:37 AM

Also R278 presumably most of their friends have met the daughter and have realized that she shouldn't be trusted to boil water.

"OMG you guys, it's so amazing that OJ got into USC! How big was the check?"

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2019 12:38 AM

R278 I bet they did aim higher and USC was the only school that accepted them. Especially Felicity's daughter with the 1420. I'm sure she tried better schools but just inflating your SAT isn't exactly a golden ticket.

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2019 12:38 AM

At least this guarantees WHM won't steal a nomination for Actor in a Comedy at the next Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2019 12:40 AM

R281 the Macy daughter is a HS senior currently, so she technically hasn't stolen a spot yet. Probably helps mom and dad with the judge.

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2019 12:40 AM

All the crazy competition is among upper middle class people and some social climbing middle class people. I live in a lower middle class area and parents aren’t like that at all and the kids get to enjoy childhood. It’s actually very refreshing because you can go out for dinner with people who are parents and they don’t mention their kids at all or use their kids accomplishments to validate them. We had 3 couples and 2 single moms over for dinner a few weeks ago and I couldn’t tell you where any of their kids go to school or plan to go or if they are on the honor roll. My partner worked in a law firm in NYC before moving here and he cannot believe the difference. Humble bragging about kids was a constant there.

I think OJ wanted USC. She wanted to stay in LA for the party scene and her priority was YouTube anyway and all those YT kids are in LA.

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2019 12:41 AM

R282 the shit writing for the past few years helps

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2019 12:42 AM

The Macy kid is within a few weeks of hearing from whatever schools she applied to, unless she did early action somewhere. In any case, she shouldn't be surprised if any outstanding offers are withdrawn and no acceptance letters come in. Nobody's going to want to touch this kid with a ten foot pole.

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2019 12:44 AM

Why chose USC over UCLA? Is the former a bigger party school?

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2019 12:45 AM

Buffalo Community College is always available

by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2019 12:47 AM

Lori in an old ad...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 14, 2019 12:47 AM

R233, what was so appalling to me about that was that Loughlin knew that the Marymount counselor was watching her and wanted to find ways to get around her as well. She won't be able to recover and I'd be surprised if Lifetime cancelled their contract with her. She can turn in her passport now.

by Anonymousreply 290March 14, 2019 12:48 AM

Ms. Lori looks very cokey. Mr. Lori looks very methy.

Let's face it, this isn't the first or last slimy shit either of them have tried to get away with. OJ already ratted out her dad for using his tuition money to start his business (which, to be frank, turned out to be a good move), so he's a proven and proud liar. You just know there are plenty of skeletons in both of their closets, and I'm praying to Lori's baby jesus for more messiness to come spewing forth.

by Anonymousreply 291March 14, 2019 1:00 AM

Ooh I hope that Georgetown girl Isabelle gets kicked the fuck out of school! What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 292March 14, 2019 1:02 AM

What a shameless cunt, to brag that she cheated in her SATs.

by Anonymousreply 293March 14, 2019 1:03 AM

R288 the kids at Buffalo at least earned their way to anything they have. Maybe it’s time we stop mocking lower tier schools. Most kids who go to Community College do so because they started life in the negative, compared to these spoiled rich kids.

by Anonymousreply 294March 14, 2019 1:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 14, 2019 1:08 AM

Anyone else wondering what other lesser celebrities are shitting themselves waiting fjr the feds to knock on their door? You know there are a lot more out there.

by Anonymousreply 296March 14, 2019 1:10 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 14, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote]Why chose USC over UCLA? Is the former a bigger party school?

Maybe because UCLA has all those Asians in the library on their cellphones?

by Anonymousreply 298March 14, 2019 1:12 AM

R294 Good point. Community college is the only option for a lot of kids, adults who want to improve themselves, single parents etc. Must suck to be working hard and have family so proud of you and then hearing people mock your school and say only idiots go there. I thinks that’s why so many people are seeing red over this.

R297 Priceless.

I’d give a limb to see a Judge Judy type rip these entitled pricks to shreds. Dumb and Dumber would only be the appetizer, I want to see those hedge fund assholes put in their place for once in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 299March 14, 2019 1:16 AM

Lori's house is listed for $35 million!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 14, 2019 1:17 AM

I wonder why they picked rowing for the spaghetti armed daughter. Surely there’s a sport she would look the part for. If you’ve ever seen a rower’s upper body you’d know this girl couldn’t win a race if she had two Rolls Royce engines on the boat.

by Anonymousreply 301March 14, 2019 1:21 AM

It's Radar so could be BS but the kid is certainly stupid enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 14, 2019 1:22 AM

@mattdpearce

Are we at peak USC? This feels like peak USC

by Anonymousreply 303March 14, 2019 1:23 AM

Felicity Huffman shot an indie film last summer, Otherhood, which is about three moms (Patricia Arquette and Angela Bassett play the other ones) who decide to have fun in NYC after they drop off their sons at college. I’m sure it will be a laff riot.

by Anonymousreply 304March 14, 2019 1:23 AM

she should shut her mouth, unless she wants her mommy to go away to the big house.

by Anonymousreply 305March 14, 2019 1:23 AM

@BurkhartBrandon

So does this mean Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade is now the most embarrassing O.J. to attend USC? At least the other infamous one actually played the sport that got him a scholarship.

by Anonymousreply 306March 14, 2019 1:24 AM

What is at stake here? How long in jail potentially?

by Anonymousreply 307March 14, 2019 1:25 AM

Allen Koh, CEO of the elite admissions consulting firm Cardinal Education, told The Daily Beast that he first heard about Singer in 2013 from some of his clients, who had hired Singer to get a second opinion.When he met Singer at one client’s home, Koh said, he was immediately skeptical of Singer’s promise that he could win students a spot at elite universities.“One of my mottos is—and I tell this to families, and I tell this to my staff—anyone who offers a guarantee is either lying or incompetent,” he said. He expressed those concerns to some families, he said—but due to Singer’s “titanic” reputation among the uber-wealthy, they didn’t always listen.

And while he suspected that Singer wouldn’t be able to deliver on his promises, he said he never thought that the middleman was committing felonies.“I thought he was a charlatan,” he said. “I didn’t know he was a crook.”

This is just the beginning of the fallout, Koh added. “There’s gonna be so many more names coming out. A lot more names. Just of the people I know who’ve worked with him, just a fraction were indicted the other day,” he said. “It’s gonna be ugly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308March 14, 2019 1:26 AM

Great article r297

r308 I was literally just typing this out to post it. I'm going to post this part again, once more for the people in the back:

[quote]This is just the beginning of the fallout, Koh added. “There’s gonna be so many more names coming out. A lot more names. Just of the people I know who’ve worked with him, just a fraction were indicted the other day,” he said. “It’s gonna be ugly.”

by Anonymousreply 309March 14, 2019 1:28 AM

Why does Laughlin freakishly resemble her Television niece, Candace Cameron? Is it Jesus in common or what?

by Anonymousreply 310March 14, 2019 1:28 AM

wow! I can't wait for it R308!!!

by Anonymousreply 311March 14, 2019 1:28 AM

Another Jesus freak with the same look permanently plastered on her face is Roma Downey.

The USC chairman should have thrown her off the yacht and let her row back to shore.

by Anonymousreply 312March 14, 2019 1:32 AM

R290- Exactly- I was about to chime in that Lori L. strikes me as a deep as a plate IDIOT and was just a dumb, shallow, wealthy bitch.

But that document shows that she was at the very least cunning and manipulative. And knew exactly what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 313March 14, 2019 1:34 AM

From R297's article:

[quote] After consulting with his client, attorney Harris told the judge that Loughlin has two projects in April and May for a series set to launch in July.

I can guarantee you those projects are about to be cancelled (or at least Lori fired from them). If so, I bet her passport is then taken.

by Anonymousreply 314March 14, 2019 1:36 AM

Olivia Jade finally disabled the comments on her Youtube channel.

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2019 1:37 AM

R315 I have a feeling she paid someone to do that for her.

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2019 1:38 AM

The best hope Lori has is to stack the jury with Full House fans

by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2019 1:39 AM

Becky's lawyers finally disabled the comments on her Youtube channel.

Fixed that for you, r315. You think OJ knows how to disable YT comments? Lolz

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2019 1:39 AM

@shelbygrad

Do more heads need to roll at USC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319March 14, 2019 1:39 AM

What does it take

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320March 14, 2019 1:41 AM

Nothing says "private" like 260K followers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 14, 2019 1:42 AM

R307 They are not going to jail , they are rich .

by Anonymousreply 322March 14, 2019 1:50 AM

What celebrities have kids at Harvard?

by Anonymousreply 323March 14, 2019 1:52 AM

[quote]I can guarantee you those projects are about to be cancelled (or at least Lori fired from them).

Even if she didn't have a morals clause in her contract, could you imagine the frau rebellion if she were kept on? The Lifetime Network's only demo is fraus (of all ages) who have had, have, or will have kids going to college. Prime justifiable outrage tinder from them

by Anonymousreply 324March 14, 2019 1:53 AM

I want confirmation that every one of these CHEATERS and scam-boys and girls are immediately kicked out of whatever university they're pretending that they're qualified to attend, and I want it NOW! I'm actually surprised at myself at how much I hate these rich, entitled assholes. I hate them! Am I transforming into a Bernie Bro??

by Anonymousreply 325March 14, 2019 1:55 AM

R325, I'm with you.

by Anonymousreply 326March 14, 2019 2:00 AM

Lori’s small town period romance series When Calls The Heart and cozy crime series The Garage Sale Mysteries are both on Hallmark, not Lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 327March 14, 2019 2:00 AM

pretty sure they will be kicked out. They lied on their application and having someone take your SATs goes against their school code.

by Anonymousreply 328March 14, 2019 2:01 AM

Can I post a new selfie yet, Mom????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 14, 2019 2:01 AM

Are there any hot corrupt frat bros who need to be taught a lesson? Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 330March 14, 2019 2:01 AM

@ABC7Veronica

#UPDATE on students:

@UCLA says any student who benefited from bribes could be kicked out.

@USC says current applicants connected to scheme will be denied admission. Current students will be reviewed case-by-case, as some were minors during the application process. @ABC7

by Anonymousreply 331March 14, 2019 2:07 AM

Was Felicity Huffman keeping this a secret from her daughter? Did the girl think she got special treatment for a two day exam because of her social anxiety, and not because mama paid $15k?

by Anonymousreply 332March 14, 2019 2:11 AM

Whether they were minors or not should only be pertinent to the prosecution R331. They should all be kicked out with no credit, or have their degree nullified if they've graduated. Too bad, too sad. Let them blame Mom and Dad.

by Anonymousreply 333March 14, 2019 2:12 AM

What a nightmare. I would actually hate to be a college President. So many problems.

by Anonymousreply 334March 14, 2019 2:12 AM

And meanwhile, some homeless kid from New Jersey who worked his ass off in high school has been accepted to 21 colleges. I wish it were possible for some judge to require the Macys or Aunt Becky and Mossimo to pay that kid's tuition, room and board for 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 335March 14, 2019 2:12 AM

R331 DL Fave OJ was over 18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336March 14, 2019 2:13 AM

it's either USC or UCLA that is putting the ill-gotten gains into a scholarship fund.

by Anonymousreply 337March 14, 2019 2:14 AM

Actually, untimed testing is pretty common, r332. A doctor's or therapist's note that the kid has anxiety disorders or ADD or a pending Aspergers diagnosis will do it. People on these threads talk as if they think only mentally challenged kids do this, but a lot of parents think it gives their snowflake a competitive edge to have the extra time and a lot of pediatricians or MSWs will write the damned letter to shut the parents up, even if Snowflake is perfectly ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 338March 14, 2019 2:16 AM

R332 this was for their dumber daughter. Macy outright said when they were considering a repeat that their younger daughter would notice something was off if they tried it with her

by Anonymousreply 339March 14, 2019 2:16 AM

R324 It's Hallmark, not Lifetime. And it's a conservative company with conservative viewers. They aren't going to care about her being charged for scheming to get her kid into USC. That's like saying Fox cares about Tucker being a racist misogynist. As long as she doesn't do something offensive to conservative viewers, she doesn't have to worry her job.

by Anonymousreply 340March 14, 2019 2:17 AM

I'm sure the felicity's kid knew. you were "normal" all your life and all of a sudden you have a "disability" and get to take test over 2 days.

She's not that stupid, or is she?

by Anonymousreply 341March 14, 2019 2:17 AM

R338, but they also had an Ivy League male grad as the proctor and he also corrected answers for her.

by Anonymousreply 342March 14, 2019 2:17 AM

R339, damn, that daughter is so stupid and she's going to be an actress! LOL. she'll fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 343March 14, 2019 2:19 AM

R340, hmmm, this doesn't sound like a ringing vote of approval from Hallmark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 14, 2019 2:20 AM

During the height of #metoo Lily Tomlin was interviewed and got confused and called it #getout. I think it would be the perfect hashtag for this. Those schools are going to get bombarded with mail and it seems every one left and right is pissed off. We might start seeing some change in the system #getout

It wouldn’t surprise me if Felicity’s daughter thought she got special treatment because of her anxiety. When I worked in the call centre of an airline we had parents who wanted several ROWS to themselves for free because crotchfruit has a “peanut allergy”. Don’t get me started on how many called looking for ways to get fast tracked through security because the child was autistic. I swear about 20% of kids were supposedly autistic and needed special accommodations and we said no they would threaten that he would have a meltdown. These parents have been interfering in every aspect of their kids lives and getting them special treatment, that’s how they ended up with brats. Nothing would surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 345March 14, 2019 2:20 AM

[Quote] she doesn't have to worry her job.

Aunt Becky bribed a university to accept her garbage children. Conservatives (Hallmark's target demo) HATE privileged Hollywood phonies. Becky has betrayed them. Her career will continue the same way OJ will continue at USC.

by Anonymousreply 346March 14, 2019 2:21 AM

[quote] Lori's house is listed for $35 million!

She's come a long way from Hauppauge Long Island.

by Anonymousreply 347March 14, 2019 2:22 AM

R345 I never understood the point. What’s to stop someone from packing PB&J to snack on? Or to stop someone from another row walking by, munching peanuts as they go to the toilet?

by Anonymousreply 348March 14, 2019 2:24 AM

Some of the bribes the coaches took went only to their program - the sailing coach (I think at UCLA?) didn’t take that money directly, it went to the sailing program. I would think that kind of donation isn’t considered a bribe? I don’t know it makes me a little sad that he’d get fired for that.

by Anonymousreply 349March 14, 2019 2:24 AM

R349, that was Stanford, The UCLA mens soccer coach has been placed on leave, which is a fancy way to say they're working to get rid of him since he's a state employee and it's not so easy to fire him. However, one of the students was on the womens soccer team for one year despite not playing in high school. That coach had to know she was not a soccer player. At USC, their water polo coach used part of the bribe money to pay his assistant coaches. But he also had one of the parents pay for his two sons tuitions at Loyola Boys School.

by Anonymousreply 350March 14, 2019 2:27 AM

The daughter has been on the yacht of the USC Board Chairman. Privilege. The fix is in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 14, 2019 2:30 AM

R345 My brother is autistic. STFU! It's not something that anyone takes lightly. If you only knew, you asshole!

by Anonymousreply 352March 14, 2019 2:31 AM

How many of Olivia Jade's ex teachers are laughing their asses off at happy hour? You know Lori was THAT mom.

by Anonymousreply 353March 14, 2019 2:32 AM

Stop making fun of Zosia Mamet for a minute. Mamet's OTHER daughter wrote a movie, it was released, and she went on a tour for it and it was at Tribeca and she was featured in the NY Times. It was fucking awful. She hasn't been heard from since.

Here's a snippet from an interview she did for her "movie" ...

The public relations firm run by your father’s friend and producer is handling publicity. William Macy, a frequent collaborator of your dad’s, stars in the movie. And your mother is played by, well, your mother. You are only 19 years old. Is there a concern that the reaction to the film may be that everything was handed to you?

"I hope that’s not the case, but it’s definitely been a fear of mine. It’s a tricky business; everybody’s a critic. But I don’t care as long as I get to keep going."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354March 14, 2019 2:33 AM

R351 Can someone explain OJade's doughy face. Is it fillers at her young age or oily, carb face?

by Anonymousreply 355March 14, 2019 2:33 AM

R344 They are just giving lip service to the media. What will most likely happen is they probably won't go forward with any new stuff with her after the first of the year as she won't be able to travel anymore to Canada where Hallmark films its stuff. Devotees of her show ("Hearties") are already posting stuff like the following on social media asking for forgiveness for her alleged crimes. Remember Hallmark's audience are conservative religious people, not liberal social justice warriors rallying on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356March 14, 2019 2:34 AM

Hallmark announced that they'll keep Lori on their payroll, but are officially changing their slogan to "When you care enough to bribe the very best."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 14, 2019 2:35 AM

So your brother is autistic and you’re fine with scammers using the condition to intimidate airline staff into giving them freebies? Those assholes make things even harder for your brother to get what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 358March 14, 2019 2:36 AM

R350 is the Stanford coach going to be fired? If he used the money solely for his team I hope not.

by Anonymousreply 359March 14, 2019 2:38 AM

of course he's gonna be fired, he may go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 360March 14, 2019 2:40 AM

He's already been fired R359.

by Anonymousreply 361March 14, 2019 2:41 AM

R358 Shut up. If someone is telling the airline that their child or family member is autistic, believe it. They aren't asking for freebies. They are asking for some understanding.

by Anonymousreply 362March 14, 2019 2:44 AM

Some of the fraus are ENRAGED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363March 14, 2019 2:45 AM

r362, maybe they should find other means of transportation, not everyone needs to or should fly.

by Anonymousreply 364March 14, 2019 2:47 AM

NOBODY needs to fly.

by Anonymousreply 365March 14, 2019 2:49 AM

R351. And I wouldn't be surprised if Spring Break on the yacht results in the "resignation" of USC's president. The Board will want a fall guy (and he may well deserve to be shown the door).

by Anonymousreply 366March 14, 2019 2:54 AM

I don't care if the coaches took their bribes and donated them to the darfur orphan fund, every one of them should be fired for not immediately saying "No I won't be bribed, and I'm going to report this.":

by Anonymousreply 367March 14, 2019 2:54 AM

R354 Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 368March 14, 2019 2:55 AM

They were fired, R367.

by Anonymousreply 369March 14, 2019 2:56 AM

Haha, very good, R306!

by Anonymousreply 370March 14, 2019 2:56 AM

R346 except Laurie is Democrat, her husband is one of the few straight male fashion designers and she was Tweeted pro Hillary stuff during the 2016 election and we all know Felicity is Democrat

So once Again....

by Anonymousreply 371March 14, 2019 2:56 AM

Pray for the #hearties.

Every actor on this show must hate their fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 14, 2019 2:57 AM

R366, there is no president. There is an interim President. One who will definitely be fired is AD Lynn Swann.

by Anonymousreply 373March 14, 2019 2:58 AM

Why did no one get a photo of Lori leaving court like Flick and Moss?

by Anonymousreply 374March 14, 2019 3:02 AM

[quote] A doctor's or therapist's note that the kid has anxiety disorders or ADD or a pending Aspergers diagnosis will do it.

Wow. I had no idea this is an option now. So much has changed since the good 'ol days (took SATs in '81). I was a pretty anxious kid with not much confidence (my mother liked telling me how stupid and useless I was whenever the mood struck her which was frequently) and I had stabbing stomach pains as I took them. Of course, at the time I couldn't identify them as anxiety symptoms. I didn't get a wink of sleep the night before I took the GREs. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but I managed to get into UC and a good grad school. But still, there's a part of me that goes "What if?"

by Anonymousreply 375March 14, 2019 3:02 AM

Won't someone think of MY FANS?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376March 14, 2019 3:04 AM

R362 Sure when a plane with 172 seats has received call from 11 families who are never heard from again after we lightly question what accommodation they need and why, and ask for payment when they want a free business seat, free security fasttrack, free extra seat, free extra baggage, free priority boarding. Genuine cases had no problem answering our questions and many even faxed doctors notes and medical reports (that we didn’t request btw) This was such a common scam we had a training manual and script for dealing with it so unless you’ve experienced what. I did in that line of work don’t take it personally because the only people they are hurting are the genuine cases. Redirect your anger at them please. Genuinely, please do because I found their scam disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2019 3:07 AM

The Stanford coach pled guilty in Federal Court to racketeering conspiracy. They had no other choice but to fire him.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2019 3:08 AM

R372 ouch.

And you get the impression Lori and Mossimo (both Catholic, not fundie) are whoring themselves out to the Frauen of Faith and are probably casually religious at best.

by Anonymousreply 379March 14, 2019 3:08 AM

It's the younger, smarter Macy daughter's birthday tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 380March 14, 2019 3:11 AM

I've never heard anything stupider than #Hearties, come on fraus, have some taste.

by Anonymousreply 381March 14, 2019 3:13 AM

Those wishing to join this prayer chain, please step to the right and join hands with the #Heartie to your left

TBStL ‏ @TracyBStL12win Mar 12

More Heavenly Father, we lift up @LoriLoughlin to you! We pray that Lori is able to open her heart to you. Fill her w/the Holy Spirit!Lord we are all sinners. Forgive us. We can make mistakes or poor choices.Please guide her in her time of need. In J.C. #Hearties #PrayersForLoriLoughlin

by Anonymousreply 382March 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Lori is Catholic but she hangs out with Pat Robertson and the 700 club? I need some receipts please.

by Anonymousreply 383March 14, 2019 3:22 AM

"And imo letting your children have it all never truly prepares them for real life. Giving your kids everything they want as children, means you'll end up having to give them everything when they're adults. A little struggle builds character, which little OJ seems to be lacking."

Except it's poor kids who tend to struggle in life, not the spoiled rich ones. This twat will be fine, she'll just marry a rich guy and it won't matter that she's not smart

by Anonymousreply 384March 14, 2019 3:30 AM

She's covering all the bases R383 to assure that she gets into Heaven.

Dear Heavenly Father, cash, check or Amex?

by Anonymousreply 385March 14, 2019 3:31 AM

Who knew Olivia Jade would become the Marie Antoinette of our times? When is the revolution coming?

by Anonymousreply 386March 14, 2019 3:36 AM

Why would these girls need rich husbands, they must have $$$$ trust funds, they will inherit their parents fortune. If they were boys nobody would expect them to marry rich women. They’ll be just fine even if they end up with Ray Js and Tygas and they probably will. OJ is stupid enough to go for a C Lister who’ll mooch off her.

by Anonymousreply 387March 14, 2019 3:36 AM

R386 "Let them eat my snatch"

(Especially if they are rich)

by Anonymousreply 388March 14, 2019 3:38 AM

Poor sobbing fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 14, 2019 3:41 AM

"When Calls the Heart"? Is that even proper English?

by Anonymousreply 390March 14, 2019 3:44 AM

Check out this cunt. Son defends parents------

Maybe this is why Gregory and Marcia Abbott allegedly bought their daughter’s way into college.

Their “rapper” son, Malcolm, popped out of the family’s Park Avenue building to smoke a giant blunt — while defending his parents and bragging about his latest CD.

“They’re blowing this whole thing out of proportion,” said Malcolm Abbott outside the home that overlooks the Metropolitan Museum of Art. “I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man.”

In between drags, Malcolm, whose father is the founder of food and beverage distributor International Dispensing Corp., admitted, “I didn’t go to college.”

The toker, who sports a ponytail and raps under the name “Billa,” then shamelessly plugged his music. “Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers,’ ” he said of his 2018 five-track rec­ord that includes a song titled “If I Lost My Money.”

Later, Malcolm emerged with his brother, who groused to The Post on Tuesday his parents “got roped into [this by] some guy who f–king cheated them.”

The parents are accused of paying admitted mastermind William “Rick” Singer $125,000 to boost their struggling daughter’s ACT and SAT scores.

Singer paid off an alleged crooked test proctor to inflate the girl’s scores to a perfect 800 on the SAT math exam and 710 on the literature test. On the ACTs, her score of 23 out of 36 was upped to a near-perfect 35, according to court filings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391March 14, 2019 3:44 AM

[quote] She left under the cover of horrid 90's Mossimo prints.

r243, best comment so far...

So out of fashion the camera lens refused to focus.

by Anonymousreply 392March 14, 2019 3:45 AM

The daughter of a Miami venture capitalist whose family has ties to supermodels Gigi and Bella Hadid knowingly took part in the sweeping college admissions bribery scheme, according to court documents.

Dragon Global CEO Robert Zangrillo was one of 33 parents charged Tuesday for allegedly conspiring with crooked college counselor William “Rick” Singer to get his daughter admitted into the University of Southern California — going as far as to hire someone to retake classes his daughter failed, according to court documents.

His daughter Amber knew about the plot, according to the documents, even asking Singer in a phone call what he was doing “about an ‘F’ grade that she had received in an art history class she had taken.”

Singer said that one of his employees, Mikaela Sanford, would secretly retake the online class on her behalf and that she had “already got the class almost done.”

Singer asked if his plan made sense and Zangrillo and his daughter replied “Yes,” according to the document. They also asked whether Sanford could take a biology class for Zangrillo’s daughter.

Amber needed the stellar grades on her transcript since her application to the school indicated that she “was taking classes” at a number of colleges after being rejected by USC the first time around in 2017.

Her new application also “falsely stated that she rowed crew at a club for an average of 44 hours per week for 15 weeks a year.”

Zangrillo allegedly paid a $50,000 bribe to USC’s athletics department and made a $200,000 donation to a bogus charity so Amber would be labeled an athletic recruit, despite her having never rowed competitively, the criminal complaint states.

On June, 14 2018, USC accepted Zangrillo’s daughter.

Amber posted the happy news to her Facebook account in July.

“Started School at University of Southern California,” her Facebook post read.

The Zangrillos appear in multiple Facebook photos with supermodels Gigi and Bella Hadid.

Zangrillo posted a photo of himself with Gigi and his other daughter Alexa in Central Park in 2013 and an image from St. Barths celebrating the New Year in 2014 with the sisters.

Zangrillo couldn’t be reached. A message to Amber was not answered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393March 14, 2019 3:46 AM

Oh for fucking real, the fans are called "hearties"? If it is possible to die from Frau, (or would that be the subsection Fundie Frau?) I'm about to. And yeah, you can have all of my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 394March 14, 2019 3:47 AM

Wow, USC looks horrible in all this.

by Anonymousreply 395March 14, 2019 3:49 AM

“rapper” son, Malcolm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 14, 2019 3:51 AM

Does this remind anyone else of Chanel Oberlin and her Asian who took college tests for her? Olivia Jade's real life muse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397March 14, 2019 3:52 AM

R391 Shameless. Those parents really got saddled with useless sacks didn’t they.

And how to you get an F in art history, did she just skip the test

by Anonymousreply 398March 14, 2019 3:52 AM

The blunt-smoking rapper comes out of his mansion in the sky to offer his opinion and promote his shitty music? Jesus, this is as good as OJ partying with USC's chairman on a yacht in the Bahamas. What's next?!

by Anonymousreply 399March 14, 2019 3:53 AM

It’s better than a soap opera. You couldn’t write this shit.

by Anonymousreply 400March 14, 2019 3:54 AM

R398 they CREATED the useless sacks

by Anonymousreply 401March 14, 2019 3:55 AM

R391 I can't believe that isn't a parody.

Strike that, after the revelations of the last few days, I guess I can.

by Anonymousreply 402March 14, 2019 3:55 AM

We need a "bling ring" type of movie about this

by Anonymousreply 403March 14, 2019 3:55 AM

The more these rich kids speak, and the more we get to know about them, the better we understand why their sperm and egg donors had to cheat and lie to get them into college.

by Anonymousreply 404March 14, 2019 3:56 AM

This is a great addition r391, but honestly "Malcolm the rapper" seems like the most honest person in this whole affair. It's refreshing, actually. I feel like he knows that without Daddy's money he is nothing (I'm basing that off virtually nothing though).

by Anonymousreply 405March 14, 2019 3:56 AM

I guess this is what happens when parents are busy working and no time to parent their kids. most CEOs are sociopaths anyways...

That rapper didn't go to college lol.

by Anonymousreply 406March 14, 2019 3:56 AM

Only better made R403

by Anonymousreply 407March 14, 2019 3:57 AM

[quote] [R179] $2 million bail for Lori and Mossimo?! Unreal when Trump and his crime family haven't been busted.

Agree wholeheartedly. Other than the tax-related crime, I fail to see how any of this justifies such vigorous prosecution. It is contrary to the public interest. Access to elite institutions is NOT a right. Make them pay the taxes with penalties and move on. The schools are really the culprits by having admissions standards that can be gamed so easily.

Look at the White House for the most egregious case of a moron paying for access to an elite school. Use our tax dollars to impeach that lying, corrupt motherf*cker.

by Anonymousreply 408March 14, 2019 3:57 AM

Hearties are stans I wish had forever stayed off my radar.

by Anonymousreply 409March 14, 2019 3:58 AM

“It is contrary to the public interest”

Which were you, legacy student or donation?

by Anonymousreply 410March 14, 2019 3:59 AM

R408 = PR Fail. Complete with dainty asterisk.

by Anonymousreply 411March 14, 2019 4:00 AM

I'm glad God didn't make us wait too long after the Jussie Hoax Affair died down before he provided fresh entertainment. Good looking out!

by Anonymousreply 412March 14, 2019 4:01 AM

Lori has the most useless, ignorant daughters

Forget the bribing she did for these two brainless idiot daughters to get into college, can you imagine how much she had to donate (bribe) the dumb daughter's high schools? And I can guarantee they used their family foundation/charity to make the bribes

The one woman (michelle javans) paid, er "donated" almost $500,000 to her ridiculously stupid kids jr high and sr high schools. And every penny came out of her 501 c charity foundation. The foundation has $1.9 Million in assets, they earned almost $200,000 from investments on the money and they only had to pay $115 dollars in taxes on that $200 k profit

How rich is that? Someone who earns $15 an hour pays more than that a week in income tax and this cheating Janavs cunt gets to earn $200 k, basically 99.999 fucking percent tax free that she then used to bribe colleges. I hope the IRS puts a lien on every damned thing she owns. I may call them myself tomorrow and turn that cunt in. And I wouldn't be surprised one damned bit if she used her scam bullshit charity to pay the college admission arranger. One fake scam of a charity" writing a check to another fake scam of a charity

by Anonymousreply 413March 14, 2019 4:01 AM

r413 A great reminder that this is the first wave. The second is the IRS coming down on all of them for phony charitable tax write-offs. Oh the JOY! *cackles*

by Anonymousreply 414March 14, 2019 4:06 AM

@LeynaNguyenTV

A bunch of FBI agents are approaching a home in my neighborhood. #operationvarsityblues?????

by Anonymousreply 415March 14, 2019 4:07 AM

R412, the Jackson and Smollett families are kissing the ground these rich white cunts walk on

Just when you think it's gone to shit, along comes a bunch of ignorant, rich white mother fuckers to save the day

by Anonymousreply 416March 14, 2019 4:07 AM

These stupid rich fucks paid more to get their ridiculously stupid kids into private high school

Lori Loughlin's daughters are so damned dumb, she should have child neglect charges brought against her. I was smarter than her stupid kids put together when I was 7 yrs old

Her name ought to be Lori Laugh In because I know I will laugh every single time I see a picture of her

by Anonymousreply 417March 14, 2019 4:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 14, 2019 4:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 14, 2019 4:16 AM

Lawyer man at r418 link is fug, but has a nice head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 420March 14, 2019 4:16 AM

[quote] A great reminder that this is the first wave. The second is the IRS coming down on all of them for phony charitable tax write-offs. Oh the JOY! *cackles*

I want every penny and every object they possess to be frozen by the IRS. They shouldn't be allowed to use those funds for legal services. Let them use a public defender. That's what the feds would do to anyone accused of dealing drugs. In my state, if you sell a joint out of your car, the police can seize it. Even if you are found innocent in court, you have to seriously fight to get your vehicle back

And heaven forbid you are driving around with a few thousand dollars in your car. The cops can and will seize it. You have to hire a lawyer and prove that every penny of that money was earned legally. And that's not an easy or an inexpensive thing to do. Asset forfeiture is legalized theft by the states against the citizens

by Anonymousreply 421March 14, 2019 4:17 AM

R415, it's not related to Operation Varsity Blues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422March 14, 2019 4:18 AM

R418 That lawyer daddy is hot af.

by Anonymousreply 423March 14, 2019 4:19 AM

R420 That is 90 percent dyed, glued and fluffed possum on his noggin.

by Anonymousreply 424March 14, 2019 4:19 AM

r391 you cannot right write this shit! His rapper name is "Billa"?? Its like I'm watching a bad movie!

by Anonymousreply 425March 14, 2019 4:20 AM

I wish I had a corrupt, law-breaking partner, and idiot children to come home to.

by Anonymousreply 426March 14, 2019 4:21 AM

R422 Oh god, it's come to this... "oh, it's just some bank fraud/embezzlement thang, NBD"

by Anonymousreply 427March 14, 2019 4:21 AM

Thanks r422

by Anonymousreply 428March 14, 2019 4:21 AM

He was going for "Bills", as in dollar bills for his rap name, r425. But he made a typo and was too lazy to fix it. So he settled for Billa.

by Anonymousreply 429March 14, 2019 4:23 AM

r426 only if they look like hawt lawyer daddy @ r418!

by Anonymousreply 430March 14, 2019 4:28 AM

It's going to be a little awkward for all the normal USC students returning next week after spring break, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 431March 14, 2019 4:35 AM

Someone posted in one of the previous threads and accidentally typed Fecility Huffman. I think that should be her new name on DL, like Lens Dunham.

Carry on--these threads are De-lish-us.

by Anonymousreply 432March 14, 2019 4:39 AM

Considering she might soon be in a facility.

by Anonymousreply 433March 14, 2019 4:40 AM

[quote]A great reminder that this is the first wave. The second is the IRS coming down on all of them for phony charitable tax write-offs. Oh the JOY! *cackles*

Don't forget the mail fraud charges. Serious felonies. And it's going to be worse than this. The lawyer's involuntary leave from his law firm is only the beginning. If he becomes a convicted felon, he'll lose his law license. A lot of the people on the list are in the financial services industry, run brokerages, hedge funds, etc. They also need licenses to practice from their state regulatory bodies/professional services departments. I think felonies are disqualifiers when you work with other people's money.

All for the spoiled kids they created. They're the architects of their own misery. Good thing they have money so they won't go without.

by Anonymousreply 434March 14, 2019 4:41 AM

Fecality Huffman

Facility Huffman

by Anonymousreply 435March 14, 2019 4:41 AM

If you read Fecility Huffman's Wiki page, it describes the wealthy family she came from. She has never known hardship a day in her life, either. Like mother, like daughter.

by Anonymousreply 436March 14, 2019 4:42 AM

OJ's next sponsor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 14, 2019 4:48 AM

Will Felicity Huffman be housed in a Mens or Womens prison?

by Anonymousreply 438March 14, 2019 4:48 AM

To go to such lengths to get your kid in a not-terribly-prestigious school like USC and then to turn around and write your bribe off on your taxes...the tax deductions are what really get me. That's balls. Done all the time, no doubt. But still.

by Anonymousreply 439March 14, 2019 4:48 AM

Will we ever see what Trump wrote off on his secret tax returns?

by Anonymousreply 440March 14, 2019 4:51 AM

I am loving this! Not just for the celebs, but for all the rich assholes getting busted. It brings me great joy.

by Anonymousreply 441March 14, 2019 4:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 14, 2019 5:00 AM

I don't find any joy in this R441. It really is sad all the way around. These parents, for whatever reason, neglected the signs their child needed help in school. I'm dyslexic. Thankfully I had a teacher that recognized my disability and a parent that sought help. I still screw up and the idiot grammar and spelling queens on DL let me know how much of an idiot I am. I feel sorry for those that feel they are far superior than others.

by Anonymousreply 443March 14, 2019 5:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444March 14, 2019 5:03 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445March 14, 2019 5:03 AM

Their kids may not have needed help in high school: they may just be of (gasp!) average or below average intelligence. Which is nothing to be ashamed of, unless you desperately want your child to attend an elite brand university.

by Anonymousreply 446March 14, 2019 5:06 AM

R446 watch 30 seconds of Lori's daughter talking.

by Anonymousreply 447March 14, 2019 5:08 AM

That's cruel r447! How about 7 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 448March 14, 2019 5:09 AM

Wow, Olivia Jade, the Hearties, rapster Billa, students' faces Photoshopped onto athletes' bodies, etc. To do justice to all this rich material, we really need Robert Altman to film a "Nashville"-style faux documentary.

by Anonymousreply 449March 14, 2019 5:10 AM

This whole thing is Data-nip.

by Anonymousreply 450March 14, 2019 5:11 AM

R449 all I want is a video to emerge of DL Fave OJ talking shit on the Hearties

by Anonymousreply 451March 14, 2019 5:12 AM

The Hearties reminds me of the Claymates and their collective meltdown when Clay Aiken came out of the closet. I wonder how much crossover there is between those fanclubs.

by Anonymousreply 452March 14, 2019 5:14 AM

I am laughing my ass off that Lori actually hoped the $1 million would get her kids into USC, but she was also hoping to use ASU as a backup school. WHO IN THE FUCK SPENDS $1 Million trying to get their retarded kids into ASU? They're a public school and they have an 83% admission rate. Damn, my cat and dog could get accepted to ASU

Lori is stupider (I had no idea that was even possible, but it is) than her ridiculously vapid, ignorant kids. And in an unrelated story, a goat was just elected mayor of a Vermont town. It seems that goat is smarter than Lori and her kids. I think someone drugged me or the world is ending. This shit is so bizarre

by Anonymousreply 453March 14, 2019 5:16 AM

R453 Lori's husband actually shit on ASU as a worst possible scenario, not a backup. Naturally MyFather McCunt was outraged

by Anonymousreply 454March 14, 2019 5:17 AM

I'm beginning to think the mugshots are never coming out.

by Anonymousreply 455March 14, 2019 5:18 AM

R446, they should just have accepted that the kids weren’t elite academically. I was, for a time, and I’m now an unemployed alcoholic, so really doing well at school is hardly the be-all and end-all.

by Anonymousreply 456March 14, 2019 5:19 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457March 14, 2019 5:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 14, 2019 5:20 AM

NO r446. Do not listen to R447. What ever you do, do not listen to Lori's daughter talk. You will lose 10 IQ points if you do. And you will never regain them. That's how shockingly stupid the daughter is. Her stupidity will infect you

by Anonymousreply 459March 14, 2019 5:20 AM

A million dollars must be chump change to Lori.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460March 14, 2019 5:20 AM

She posted this in the MIDDLE of her fraud campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 14, 2019 5:22 AM

I see, R458. So she has a mommy blog. Including a post on Mom Guilt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Yes, R458, she seems pissed she had to be there. As if she's above it all

I wonder what she's going to do when she learns her husband threw her stupid ass under the bus. He cooperated with the feds for his own interests. Not hers

by Anonymousreply 463March 14, 2019 5:23 AM

I saw one of the Hearties was upset with Lori and calling herself a #Hurtie.

by Anonymousreply 464March 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Dear lord, why am I awake reading these posts? Because I can't get enough! I slept for two hours, woke up, and am back at it . . . Loving every detail!

by Anonymousreply 465March 14, 2019 5:24 AM

R463 I didn't see that. Link?

by Anonymousreply 466March 14, 2019 5:24 AM

R464 When Calls the Hurt

by Anonymousreply 467March 14, 2019 5:26 AM

I now have more respect for the Kardashians, Rinnas, and Hadids of the world who let their airhead daughters skip college and embark immediately on careers.

I don't get why these scam parents even want their child in a university for which they are clearly not qualified. They could easily afford the tuition for some pricey but interesting private school. Instead they are wasting all that money on a child who will likely not make it past the first year.

And what of the sports advantages? Wouldn't anyone notice they are not playing the sport they faked? It's mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 468March 14, 2019 5:27 AM

I'm with you R465. It's fucking addictive.

by Anonymousreply 469March 14, 2019 5:28 AM

That's why there are 4 threads and counting! I wonder how many threads this will make, and what's the DL record for most threads on any one topic?

by Anonymousreply 470March 14, 2019 5:30 AM

When Calls My Dealer

by Anonymousreply 471March 14, 2019 5:30 AM

The whole thing is baffling, R468. Why would you want to risk exposing how stupid they are or how they can’t play the sport they claim. And I agree, I have little time for the Kardashians but at least they’ve not been pretending they’re college material (well there was some mention on here that Rob K went to college but the sisters seem to have skipped it).

by Anonymousreply 472March 14, 2019 5:31 AM

Very smart people can have dyslexia and get help with that. I think these kids (and their parents) are just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 473March 14, 2019 5:33 AM

r470 The theatre threads are in the 300s, so they are on a planet of their own. I think the treason threads are ahead after that at 88. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 474March 14, 2019 5:34 AM

To these people they look at a college education like medical insurance ..wanna have a good one but not ever get anything out of it!

by Anonymousreply 475March 14, 2019 5:36 AM

R475- USC's new motto!

by Anonymousreply 476March 14, 2019 5:38 AM

[quote]These parents, for whatever reason, neglected the signs their child needed help in school

They're celebrity parents and company CEOs.

The children were likely raised by nannies while the parents were working long hours or filming on the other side of the country.

The parents probably did it as a result of feeling guilty.

That doesn't excuse them. I'm just saying, I doubt any of them had much of an idea of what was really going on with their children in school so using their money to patch up their lack of concern (and their children's lack of grades) and get them into these colleges was just the quick fix they were used to.

by Anonymousreply 477March 14, 2019 5:38 AM

Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford accepted years ago that their kids were dumb as a box of rocks and didn't even consider them as college material. They set about pimping the kids out on their coattails during their dumb kids early teenage years

Cindy is fully committed 100% to pimping her daughter out at all costs. Anorexia (cindy thinks it's great), her teenage daughter showing off as much skin as possible (also great). And we all know how models and actresses get their jobs - on their back and knees (also okay with cindy)

by Anonymousreply 478March 14, 2019 5:39 AM

I don’t think it’s guilt R477 so much as pure entitlement. “So what if my daughter isn’t in any way smart or talented enough to attend X school, she has said she wants to go, or I want her to go, we will just find a way.” I think they see the elite school as part of their lifestyle and think money can buy it like everything else

by Anonymousreply 479March 14, 2019 5:44 AM

DL Fave Alison Arngrim is LOVING this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 14, 2019 5:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481March 14, 2019 5:49 AM

Actually, I think this was the scam Cindy and her dumb kids were going to be using.

by Anonymousreply 482March 14, 2019 5:50 AM

Wasn't Cindy a class valedictorian who got a college scholarship? Or is that a myth? And hasn't the father started a couple of companies? I don't necessarily buy that the kids are below average IQ or genetically predisposed to stupidity, but were brought up in possibly the most dumbed down environment in America next to a Trump rally.

by Anonymousreply 483March 14, 2019 5:50 AM

Hallmark Queen and former Tori Spelling murderer liked this tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 14, 2019 5:51 AM

Hallmark Queen and former Tori Spelling murderer Kellie Martin

by Anonymousreply 485March 14, 2019 5:52 AM

r484 This is funny but it would be funnier if the athlete that the white kid's head was photoshopped onto had dark skin..

by Anonymousreply 486March 14, 2019 5:56 AM

This investigation is not over. There is more to come. This is what I learned from the brief FBI Press Conference yesterday. It's up on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 487March 14, 2019 6:02 AM

Could you please give us the link r487?

by Anonymousreply 488March 14, 2019 6:05 AM

[quote]Christie Brinkley and Cindy Crawford accepted years ago that their kids were dumb as a box of rocks and didn't even consider them as college material. They set about pimping the kids out on their coattails during their dumb kids early teenage years

Hey, don't forget about me, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 489March 14, 2019 6:06 AM

R484, how dare the good name of Hallmark be dragged into this debacle, etc ... and thank you for referencing the film in which Kellie Martin kills Tori Spelling, time for me to go find that again on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 490March 14, 2019 6:07 AM

Of course R490. If this were Kellie instead of Lori, we'd have to forgive her for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 491March 14, 2019 6:09 AM

Those one and done Best Actress nominees are a slimy bunch (Hit and Run Halle Berry, crazy Goop/Gwyneth).

Why on earth should Huffman's kids go to an Ivy league undergrad school?

None of my girls did. Not sure about the boy. That was along time ago and I was busy with that year's For Your Consideration plans. I guess he must be gay too. He's rather old now to be unwed.

But I digress.

by Anonymousreply 492March 14, 2019 6:16 AM

Sad thing is the kids likely think it’s ok and the government is just picking on their rich n famous parents

by Anonymousreply 493March 14, 2019 6:17 AM

[quote] I think they see the elite school as part of their lifestyle and think money can buy it like everything else

"Elite school?" Yale, Stanford, Wake Forest, Georgetown? Yes. The University of San Diego, the University of Texas, and the University of Southern California? Not so much.

What I'm saying is with some of the schools implicated these kids clearly just wanted to go there for whatever reason. They weren't shooting for the moon.

It doesn't have to be either/or with "entitlement" and "guilt." There are many loaded parents who would have donated money to the school or actually bothered to pay enough attention to their kids to get them the help they needed before they even bothered to take the test or put their kids in a plethora of activities that they paid for. Entitled people don't generally limit their sense of entitlement to one thing.

It just seems they realized that their kids wouldn't get in without some "assistance" way too late.

by Anonymousreply 494March 14, 2019 6:21 AM

The one and ONLY thing I'll agree with Ann Coulter about is that the parents were worried that their kids are as dumb as they are...

by Anonymousreply 495March 14, 2019 6:24 AM

So have these kids been expelled.

by Anonymousreply 496March 14, 2019 6:32 AM

It's the middle of spring break so the reckoning is still ahead. I don't know if they'll show up on Monday or quietly send someone to clean out their dorm rooms. You'd think they'd be too ashamed to show face around campus any more, but you never know with some folks. The standards for what's embarrassing have changed so much.

by Anonymousreply 497March 14, 2019 6:36 AM

MOMMY! MY BRANDS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498March 14, 2019 6:37 AM

We need to jack up the taxes on the rich and invest in our public schools. This illustrates how the private charter schools and expensive college prep programs are just gigantic SCAMS.

Public Schools are BETTER!

by Anonymousreply 499March 14, 2019 6:37 AM

I hope they play this in court. And the older daughter looks like a lost Willis sister,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500March 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Okay everyone, take a breather. I need some sleep. Let us all resume this discussion in four hours . . .

by Anonymousreply 501March 14, 2019 6:43 AM

OR we can stay up all night in solidarity with the students who are up studying, writing papers and learning.

by Anonymousreply 502March 14, 2019 6:45 AM

Prosecutions exhibit A

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503March 14, 2019 6:47 AM

I have never liked Lori Whatever, insipid cunt in awful material.

Felicity Huffman has always been such a pious dry bitch.

This is so delightful to watch, the evil of the frau exposed

by Anonymousreply 504March 14, 2019 6:53 AM

R494 well I’m struggling with the motivation behind all this when these aren’t top schools... I mean maybe guilt but why not just buy these kids a place to live or a car or something.

by Anonymousreply 505March 14, 2019 6:54 AM

R505, that's what I'm trying to figure out too. This seems like something you would do for Harvard or Yale. Then I was trying to remember why I went to the school I did and I realized it was because I was following my friends from high school.

An incredibly stupid decision (because I got into better schools than the one I went to) but it made perfect sense to me at the time.

Remember when "Felicity" (from the tv series) went to a school because she was following a boy she liked? That was a terribly dumb plot but not out of the realm of possibility for a 17 year old.

by Anonymousreply 506March 14, 2019 7:01 AM

Yale? See the entire Bush Family about Yale.

Harvard? Se Jared fucking Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 507March 14, 2019 7:03 AM

I just don’t understand how they couldn’t have appreciated none of this was worth it. The schools in question are mediocre by the sounds of it (in the UK so not very familiar with them), the kids were never going to excel once they got in, and there seems to be a paper trail including what, really, tax rebates?? it’s all so very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 508March 14, 2019 7:11 AM

[quote]well I’m struggling with the motivation behind all this when these aren’t top schools...

It's not about the quality of the education, it's about the "brand" now. USC's name has cachet, it's in sunny southern CA in an industry town, it has a renowned film school, it's private therefore tonier and more exclusive. Their kids will meet other rich kids there and presumably start meeting peers' parents and start forming the connections.

by Anonymousreply 509March 14, 2019 7:17 AM

I see, R509. But couldn’t these kids have utilised their parents’ networks of contacts anyway? They must already have some of the right “friends” from who their family are and their education to date, which I’m guessing was privately paid for. Perhaps there is a lot of benefit to going to one of these colleges.

by Anonymousreply 510March 14, 2019 7:20 AM

USC carters to rich families with dumb. USC wants the money, it not about higher education.

by Anonymousreply 511March 14, 2019 7:21 AM

^^ USC grad

by Anonymousreply 512March 14, 2019 7:23 AM

[quote]USC's name has cachet, it's in sunny southern CA in an industry town, it has a renowned film school, it's private therefore tonier and more exclusive.

You are right, it is good for connections and you can get in if you have enough money but you don't need to do things the way these parents/kids did them.

People in the area know the school is a joke and if you don't know any then you can go on Twitter and run a search and see tons of people who you don't know laughing at the fact that they pulled this stunt for [bold]that[/bold] particular school.

by Anonymousreply 513March 14, 2019 7:51 AM

Can we talk about USC’s locale? It’s infested with drug dealers, potheads, vagrants and prostitutes. Oh, and the neighborhood’s pretty bad too!

by Anonymousreply 514March 14, 2019 7:59 AM

Another rich kid story:

@ABC7

Palos Verdes teen who was acquitted of gang murder arrested again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515March 14, 2019 8:08 AM

Obviously that poor kid was driven to a life of crime because his parents wouldn't buy him a chin implant. How can you be so intolerant r515?

by Anonymousreply 516March 14, 2019 8:22 AM

Lori to appear in Fullest House.........

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 14, 2019 8:23 AM

Anyone else this think this is just the tip of the iceberg? 2019 is the year of karma

by Anonymousreply 518March 14, 2019 8:25 AM

OK now that's enough. Leave Lori alone, she's been through a lot these last two days. All she is guilty of is loving her kids too much.

by Anonymousreply 519March 14, 2019 8:27 AM

I really do hope that they dig deeper and blow this all wide open and expose these academic scams and the hypocrites behind them ... that have been going on by the elite for years . It’s time. Like what they are doing in Hollywood and the media, politics, etc . It is very humbling to watch the mighty fall .

by Anonymousreply 520March 14, 2019 8:29 AM

U$c has easy classes that all the athletes take people Saying these girls Would flunk out don’t know just what a scam that school is.

by Anonymousreply 521March 14, 2019 8:29 AM

520 fuck off deplorable trash this goes on at deplorable hick colleges as well, that amazing football team at alabama? They cheat for it!

by Anonymousreply 522March 14, 2019 8:32 AM

...THIS IS THE HANDWRITING OF A PRIVATELY EDUCATED COLLEGE-BOUND STUDENT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 14, 2019 8:39 AM

Reply to that tweet: "That’s some ChickFilA cow writing on a billboard font right there..."

by Anonymousreply 524March 14, 2019 8:54 AM

If my child had handwriting like that, I'd be slapping their second grade teacher. But that's just me.

by Anonymousreply 525March 14, 2019 9:00 AM

R516 It's tough looking like Kristy McNichol when you're trying to be a Palos Verdes gangsta.

by Anonymousreply 526March 14, 2019 9:01 AM

If this has a disastrous affect on her "influencer" career (you never know what will hurt or help these days) that dumbass Olivia Jade will hate her parents forever. It is clear that she didn't even want to go to college at all.

by Anonymousreply 527March 14, 2019 9:02 AM

Kaia Gerber as OJade

by Anonymousreply 528March 14, 2019 9:09 AM

^ Whoops. Wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 529March 14, 2019 9:10 AM

Caitlyn Jenner as OJ

by Anonymousreply 530March 14, 2019 9:10 AM

Huffman's daughter has been making the audition rounds for the big drama schools--people saw her with her parents at the Carnegie Mellon auditions, NYU and the Unified (multiple schools) in Chicago and, of course, USC. The high profile programs are extremely hard to get into -- they take a handful of students. Naturally, the connections would be a huge plus, but academics/test scores count for half the admissions score at NYU, while UCLA won't even allow you to audition unless you've got a competitive GPA/SAT combo. Given that one of the NYU-Tisch studios was basically started by Macy and Mamet, you'd think Macy's kid would have a guaranteed slot, but NYU's admission system is a bit weird. The theatre department holds auditions, interviews the kids and gives them the score, but NYU separate admissions committee makes the decision on who gets in and who doesn't.

Acceptances and rejections started in February with most of the big schools delivering the good and bad news at the end of the month. I expect the Macy-Huffman kid just got moved over to the rejection pile at a number of places.

by Anonymousreply 531March 14, 2019 9:10 AM

r521, even the most elite colleges have athlete-track courses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 14, 2019 9:15 AM

If this is your 17 year old's handwriting, you should be more concerned with getting refunded for years of private school because WHAT THE FUCK.

And this mom gloated about getting a tax writeoff for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533March 14, 2019 9:15 AM

R533 I thought for a minute, that Trump's school released his file.

by Anonymousreply 534March 14, 2019 9:17 AM

Poor Felicity got the whole surprise swat team with guns and handcuff routine at 6 in the morning and Lori got to walk in. Wonder how they get in when the elite have electrified gates...Bzzzztttt "Uh Hello? FBI... can you buzz us in please?"

by Anonymousreply 535March 14, 2019 9:28 AM

(R 522) I’m hardly a deplorable. I think Trump should go down and I know that the cheating goes on at all levels in many ways . It is beyond disgusting and has been happening for years . I agree with you and was saying that I hope that this all blows wide open . I meant all over the board . We are seeing a huge wave of karma as of late and I do hope that it continues.

by Anonymousreply 536March 14, 2019 9:56 AM

For r535

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 14, 2019 10:02 AM

No penmanship classes anymore? I remember having an hour class on that every day in fourth and fifth grade. Then taking that book home that had the grid lines so that you could practice writing with your little tongue hanging out of your mouth because it helped you concentrate. Even in classes that weren't penmanship your penmanship was commented on. Parents then seemed to be sticklers for nice writing. Especially if you were a girl. I even like the name "penmanship". I guess they don't give a fuck because everyone types on a keyboard now. Fuck kids don't even learn to write in cursive anymore. I was shocked when I learned that. It seems like a form of tolerated illiteracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 14, 2019 10:18 AM

I totally called the actresses wearing eyeglasses to court to look more "serious." Will any of them go the Manafort-in-a-wheelchair route at their next court appearance, for additional gravitas and sympathy?

by Anonymousreply 539March 14, 2019 11:18 AM

My money is on Felicity when they go to the next appearance to pull that stunt r539

by Anonymousreply 540March 14, 2019 11:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 14, 2019 12:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 14, 2019 12:22 PM

Suddenly Chloe Lattanzi isn't looking so bad.

by Anonymousreply 543March 14, 2019 12:31 PM

That handwriting, holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 544March 14, 2019 12:34 PM

This scandal is causing all other DL threads to be neglected.

by Anonymousreply 545March 14, 2019 12:36 PM

be = get

by Anonymousreply 546March 14, 2019 12:37 PM

R531, the system is not that unusual. Drama departments accept on the basis of audition or portfolio, the university accepts on the basis of grades and scores. You need both acceptances to get in.

I think that is how most majors work. You interview to get into the department, but the college has the ultimate ability to accept or reject.

by Anonymousreply 547March 14, 2019 12:37 PM

The detail of applying to get a kid in via the basketball team and falsely listing his height as 6’1” when he is all of 5’5” is just too amusing.

Isn’t SOMEONE going to notice the size of this guy when he arrives? Is no-one going to ask him to play basketball? And WHAT a lie. It’s not rounding up five feet eleven or even ten to six, it’s pretending a kid who is extremely short is going to be any use on a basketball team. I mean, I am 5’5”, true, but then again I’m a woman, frequently feel short even by female standards and at school my height was a real disadvantage for certain sports.

We had a guy at my university (an elite school by international standards, humblebrag but relevant for the story) who was from overseas and had been written the most ridiculous letter of recommendation from a person high up in the government of his native country that claimed he was the best student that nation had had in the last twenty-five years or something. On arrival it became clear that the guy could barely read and write, and couldn’t understand basic concepts as put to him in any of the classes. If engaged in conversation it was clear that he was honestly, slow. The professor in charge of the course openly complained to students about the lies in his recommendation letter. He eventually scraped the lowest possible passing grade after his parents engaged tutors to help him study day and night for a few months while everyone else was partying. Is that how these parents wanted their kids to live their lives? Surely they’d be humiliated when they got to these colleges if they had to be helped to this degree.

by Anonymousreply 548March 14, 2019 12:48 PM

Jesus even the fraus of DL are elite school graduates. Is this the most educated group on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 549March 14, 2019 12:50 PM

I’m a lesbian R549, does that count as Frau? I could be hitting lesbian Frau territory perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 550March 14, 2019 12:52 PM

In r329’s photo, OJ is wearing multiple rings. You know what that means...

by Anonymousreply 551March 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Or maybe just the most likely to exaggerate their accomplishments, r549.

by Anonymousreply 552March 14, 2019 12:56 PM

I was hardly the best student either, got raged at by the same professor for not studying anything and going to an elite school taught me I was nothing better than extremely average, if that helps you believe the story.

by Anonymousreply 553March 14, 2019 1:04 PM

Nah I’m just ragging. I had no idea how out of touch I am until reading this thread, I don’t know any Ivy leaguers in real life so it’s just to shock that we have so many on DL. Thanks all, carry on. You made good points.

by Anonymousreply 554March 14, 2019 1:09 PM

The handwriting kid may have dysgraphia and/or dyslexia. If that’s the case, the parents should put the money into working on that and start out in a smaller, less overwhelming school. Or maybe even realize that not everyone needs to work at a desk and see if the kid has a talent for mechanics, etc.

Trade skills can earn a decent living. I know it’s not the same for these parents as being able to say “my kid is at Yale,” but it’s a kid who can be self sufficient and make it in the world. That’s supposed to be the point.

by Anonymousreply 555March 14, 2019 1:12 PM

[quote] Some of the fraus are ENRAGED

R363, My my. Including MISS Charlotte Clymer who would never in its life think of pretending to be anyone but the truth - like never pretending to be a rower when she's not or never pretending to be, oh I don't know, a woman when it's not.

by Anonymousreply 556March 14, 2019 1:13 PM

Heh cool R554. My life has been totally all downhill since graduating as well, that was the pinnacle of my life’s achievements and I wasn’t even that good at it. I can’t imagine signing up for a school you know perfectly well you’re certainly too dumb to compete at because you cheated to get in.

by Anonymousreply 557March 14, 2019 1:15 PM

Part Five when ready:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558March 14, 2019 1:18 PM

R555 well exactly, college isn’t the be-all and end-all and I’m not a parent but it seems to me a good one wouldn’t push a kid without sufficient academic skills down a path that is not suited to them. I appreciate parents don’t want to be discouraging either, but there’s a balance to be struck, surely? If you’re having to get your kid’s SATs regraded on some false basis or whatever then they aren’t going to be able to cut it and you’re not helping them.

by Anonymousreply 559March 14, 2019 1:24 PM

[quote]Is this the most educated group on the internet.

A high proportion of DLers also work in high education as well. Im sure some of the more lecherous ones have done favors for some of their young male students, and taken cash bribes. They are ones saying throwing these hoes in jail is too harsh!

by Anonymousreply 560March 14, 2019 1:29 PM

[quote] I'm beginning to think the mugshots are never coming out. A spokesperson for the Department of Justice confirmed to TheWrap that mug shots are only released by the U.S. Marshals “under very specific circumstances that do not apply here,” and that the ones for Huffman and Loughlin will not be released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561March 14, 2019 1:39 PM

[quote] they aren’t going to be able to cut it and you’re not helping them.

Cut it at what? This gives them a leg up the same way "internships" do. It provides a network, a smidge of knowledge and a veneer of competence. Most jobs don't require the intelligence of Einstein. The BA in English "earned" from Harvard certainly doesn't make an individual more prepared for life than a similar degree from Kalamazoo. The Harvard name might open more doors or help one secure more interviews.

by Anonymousreply 562March 14, 2019 1:39 PM

Well I know what you mean R562, because college doesn’t really prove very much and for sure you don’t need to be that smart to do the vast majority of jobs out there, but these kids seem so stupid and need so much help that I’m not sure they could get through the course.

by Anonymousreply 563March 14, 2019 1:48 PM

Although on the other hand if they COULD do the courses then that just shows what a nonsense college admissions and standards are if faking competence to that level doesn’t stop them succeeding even to a limited degree once they’re there.

by Anonymousreply 564March 14, 2019 1:49 PM

So many areas of academia revolve around the idea that since the student was admitted, they have what it takes to graduate. They can retake a failed course or change majors etc. Most jobs don't ask for transcripts so a shitty academic journey is covered by the fact that one's completed it.

The point of the degree is to get to the next step.

If employers would hire unknown people without college degrees then people would stop getting them. Since they don't, people do what they feel they must, to get to the next stage of the process.

by Anonymousreply 565March 14, 2019 2:01 PM

Harvard grad here. In the words of Ali McGraw in Love Story, smart and poor. I don’t think it made my life any different than if I’d gone honors to a state school, but I wasn’t part of the ski team/ rich kid group. So all the “networking” passed me by and I just studied, to be looked at by hiring managers once I graduated as either not part of the club, or some freak they couldn’t relate to. I made friends of course, but they mostly were like me from poorer backgrounds. The ones who have found success have mostly done it in politics.

by Anonymousreply 566March 14, 2019 2:05 PM

Really depressing to think that in too many cases at these colleges, the students don’t deserve to be there and neither do the professors. Such a scam, but how do we as a society get out of it? I respect trade schools and people who learn how to do actual things, like make or fix stuff.

by Anonymousreply 567March 14, 2019 2:06 PM

r548, r550, r553, could you just say the damn name of your school already!

by Anonymousreply 568March 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Do college degrees truly equate a decent salary? Obviously it depends on the field, but I mean in general. I am not a college graduate, but I make 80k a year, and have no student debt (though plenty of other debt, because I am an idiot). I don't know if it is an urban legend, but you used to hear about people with MBAs waiting tables.

by Anonymousreply 569March 14, 2019 2:07 PM

Sounds to me like these kids weren’t so much stupid as lazy and unwilling to do the work. Too busy on their phones, creating YouTube content.

by Anonymousreply 570March 14, 2019 2:08 PM

I don't understand what "creating content" even means. I just see an idiot filming herself talking about clothes and makeup...and herself. Anyone can do that! What the hell are you "creating"?

by Anonymousreply 571March 14, 2019 2:10 PM

[quote]Then taking that book home that had the grid lines so that you could practice writing with your little tongue hanging out of your mouth because it helped you concentrate.

Hugs, r538, you adorable munchkin you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 14, 2019 2:14 PM

Lens Dunham should shut the fuck up on this scandal. Wasn't it confirmed that her college rape story was bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 573March 14, 2019 2:17 PM

Cambridge University, R568.

by Anonymousreply 574March 14, 2019 2:19 PM

[quote]I'm beginning to think the mugshots are never coming out. A spokesperson for the Department of Justice confirmed to TheWrap that mug shots are only released by the U.S. Marshals “under very specific circumstances that do not apply here,” and that the ones for Huffman and Loughlin will not be released.

Damn it! I wanted Huffman's mugshot for a dart board.

by Anonymousreply 575March 14, 2019 2:19 PM

R569, it really depends on what you study. What gets you ahead are the skills you acquire rather than the knowledge you gain. Theater majors do better in the job market than mathematics graduates because the workplace wants project management and team working skills rather than higher math knowledge.

MBAs are bullshit degrees and do not get you far. So you better believe that many of them wait tables.

by Anonymousreply 576March 14, 2019 2:21 PM

R566, very interesting. I’m the Cambridge grad posting above and had same experience. I didn’t make the same networks the already well-connected were making, was viewed differently by recruiters at the time and still stand out as a state school student in the workplace in various ways (never mind being a woman and gay). But I guess without University I never would have been able to have even the somewhat disappointing reasonably middle-class life I now have. These kids don’t really seem to need this, so whole thing is weird to me.

by Anonymousreply 577March 14, 2019 2:24 PM

I think the parents were doing it just as much for themselves as their kids.

by Anonymousreply 578March 14, 2019 2:29 PM

R575 thanks for the update, and they can suck my hairy balls! Special fucking circumstances. Get the fuck out of here. Do these two twats need more "special"? Those pap photos of a very frazzled looking Felicity is almost as bad as any mugshot I've seen. Lori, that cunt, got off easy (though not in that police sketch, hah!) It's not like we don't know what they look like.

As I mentioned upthread I'm calling the courthouse later today and see what they say. I'm sure they'll just hang up on me, but it can't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 579March 14, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote] Will we ever see what Trump wrote off on his secret tax returns?

The hypocrisy is stunning. Trump's federal law enforcement agencies are indicting celebrities for stuff Trump has done all of his life. I hope this is a dry run for the indictment and prosecution of everyone with the surname "Trump."

by Anonymousreply 580March 14, 2019 2:37 PM

yes the name means a lot. Top companies aren't going to community schools to recruit. But you need to put in the work too.

by Anonymousreply 581March 14, 2019 2:39 PM

r580 - two celebs, one a Trump supporter. Mostly rich CEOS and others. The majority are Republican supporters. Huffman is the least of the criminals. She paid 15K for a proctor. It's not like they photoshopped her kids faces on crew rowers. Honestly, I think this was so showy to present the Trump administration as "for the people" The Trumptards are already crowing about how the Liberal elite are getting their comeuppance.

by Anonymousreply 582March 14, 2019 2:44 PM

I saw the arresting of Huffman. Jesus Christ did they make a show of it. 6 am guns drawn and handcuffs. How is conspiracy to commit fraud worth 20 years but beating your wife is 6 months time served?

by Anonymousreply 583March 14, 2019 2:47 PM

It’s the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 584March 14, 2019 3:01 PM

So many of the accused own their own business, would they really be satified with their kids being recruited by some company and living a corporate life for 40 years? I can see how that life would appeal to middle class kids but I can’t see the kids in this case “settling” for that.

by Anonymousreply 585March 14, 2019 3:13 PM

[quote] I saw the arresting of Huffman. Jesus Christ did they make a show of it. 6 am guns drawn and handcuffs.

I'm guessing that she had no idea what it was about when they showed up at her door. I bet she never believed that facilitating some cheating on college exams would warrant such a response, so she had to be super surprised and horrified.

by Anonymousreply 586March 14, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote] Although on the other hand if they COULD do the courses then that just shows what a nonsense college admissions and standards are if faking competence to that level doesn’t stop them succeeding even to a limited degree once they’re there.

It doesn't. That's why the outrage is laughable. Those of us that graduated from one of the 'elite' schools named in this fraud scheme know that even the less motivated students will graduate. Most classes are graded on a curve so even the idiots pass. These are private institutions in the business of making money, not babysitting. Students are pushed through. The only kids who don't make it are the completely distinterested drop-outs with mental issues, trauma or extreme substance abuse problems.

by Anonymousreply 587March 14, 2019 3:18 PM

r586 She actually knew in advance that she had to turn herself in, but for some reason the FBI pounced. Maybe she waited too long? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 588March 14, 2019 3:20 PM

Are private colleges really all for-profit in the US? or are they more likely to operate as non-profits?

by Anonymousreply 589March 14, 2019 3:25 PM

"Wasn't it confirmed that her college rape story was bullshit?"

Only according to DL Republicans who hate her.

And I find it funny that Ann Coulter is calling people dumb. She needs to look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 590March 14, 2019 3:29 PM

Actually, I thought Lena walked back her rape story.

by Anonymousreply 591March 14, 2019 3:30 PM

r489 Private universities in the USA are virtually all non-profits.

by Anonymousreply 592March 14, 2019 3:32 PM

the chairman of USC was on a yacht in the Caribbean - they are making a profit regardless of how they officially classify themselves! When I lived in Stockholm my neighbor was the vice persistent of a university. He shared a 2 bed apartment with his college aged son during the week and weekends in a small town cottage with his school teacher wife. They were middle class and couldn’t afford to buy in the city.

by Anonymousreply 593March 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Lens is really not someone liberals need to go to bat for. Let's ignore her and move on.

by Anonymousreply 594March 14, 2019 3:33 PM

"Actually, I thought Lena walked back her rape story."

No

by Anonymousreply 595March 14, 2019 3:34 PM

R593, No, he wasn't on a yacht. It was his yacht.

by Anonymousreply 596March 14, 2019 3:35 PM

Wow, so based on a couple of the posts above, it looks like after some of these kids cheat their way into the school, they then sign up for online courses so that the fixer guy's employees can log in as them to do all the work. What is the point of taking an online course when you live on campus; the online courses are for the commuter students. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 597March 14, 2019 3:37 PM

Part Five

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598March 14, 2019 3:37 PM

r593, I believe he's the chairman of the board of trustees at USC--so they're all rich businessmen already.

by Anonymousreply 599March 14, 2019 3:40 PM

And onto Thread 5.

by Anonymousreply 600March 14, 2019 3:43 PM

R473 I have dyslexia. Studies have shown most of us are above average intelligence. Until you are diagnosed you do feel "stupid." I have a hard time with the grammar and spelling queens here because I see it is bullying. It is no different from being in school and people making fun of your dyslexia.

by Anonymousreply 601March 14, 2019 3:43 PM

I think OJ only went to college to further her career as an influencer, because face it, these companies want to reach college kids to buy their products and services. Ironically, her college career will likely cost her the influencer career.

I'm not even sure Lori graduated from high school. She's been modeling and acting since she was about 14.

by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2019 4:56 PM

R500, I saw that and thought why are you bragging about NOT pushing your kids to do better. I kinda get what she's saying but her job was to push her kids to achieve - not just to let them do what they thought they were capable of doing. It's all in HOW you push your kids - HOW you encourage them to push themselves. This starts when they are little - it doesn't start in high school.

by Anonymousreply 603March 14, 2019 9:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!