Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treasons to Watch (The Mueller Investigation Part 87)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602March 11, 2019 7:37 PM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 7, 2019 7:06 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

by Anonymousreply 2March 7, 2019 7:07 AM

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55) (10/06/18)

Treasons for Hidden Genius (The Mueller Investigation Part 56) (10/15/18)

Trick or Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 57) (10/25/18)

Several Treasons to Get Out and Vote in the Midterms (The Mueller Investigation Part 58) (11/5/18)

Heading Back to the Magical Keebler Elf Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 59) (11/11/18)

It's Turkey Picking Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 60) (November 18, 2018)

Stepping into the Holiday Treason! (The Mueller Investigation Part 61) (November 26, 2018)

Treason's Greetings! (The Mueller Investigation Part 62) (November 29, 2018)

Spirit of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 63) (December 3, 2018)

'Tis the Treason to be Jolly (The Mueller Investigation Part 64) (December 5, 2018)

Celebrate this Holiday Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 65) (December 8, 2018)

Treasons to Get out of Solitary (The Mueller Investigation Part 66) (December 10, 2018)

Numerous Treasons For Silence (The Mueller Investigation Part 67) December 12, 2018)

Treasons We Celebrate This Season (The Mueller Investigation Part 68) (December 15, 2018)

Trimming the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 69) (December 19, 2018)

O Christmas Treason, O Christmas Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 70) (December 22, 2018)

Treasons We'll Be Ringing in the New Year (The Mueller Investigation Part 71) (December 27, 2018)

Treasons I'm Coming For You (The Mueller Investigation Part 72) (January 3, 2019)

A Shutdown is Perfectly Treasonable (The Mueller Investigation Part 73) (January 6, 2019)

Treasons I'm Focused (The Mueller Investigation Part 74) (January 10, 2019)

Treasons We Need A Wall (The Mueller Investigation Part 75) (January 13, 2019)

Mid-Treason Replacement (The Mueller Investigation Part 76) (January 15, 2019)

A Treasonable Request (The Mueller Investigation Part 77) (January 19, 2019)

Treasons to Postpone (The Mueller Investigation Part 78) (January 23, 2019)

Swinging from the Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 79) (January 26, 2019)

Sweating Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 80) (January 30, 2019)

I'll Be Your Girl For All Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 81) (February 4, 2019)

House Cleaning Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 82) (February 9, 2019)

For Emergency Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 83) (February 15, 2019)

Treasons I Speak (The Mueller Investigation Part 84) (February 19, 2019)

Treasonable Preparations (The Mueller Investigation Part 85) (February 23, 2019)

Treasons for Redemption (The Mueller Investigation Part 86) (March 1, 2019)

Treasons to Watch (The Mueller Investigation Part 87) (March 7, 2019)

by Anonymousreply 3March 7, 2019 7:07 AM

On the schedule for today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 7, 2019 7:38 AM

Thank you, OP. Seamless.

by Anonymousreply 5March 7, 2019 7:40 AM

Please god please bring these motherfuckers down soon.

by Anonymousreply 6March 7, 2019 7:41 AM

new thread so it would only be fair if we got a new indictment!!! Hopefully Friday someone new goes down

by Anonymousreply 7March 7, 2019 7:47 AM

Once chinless Jr gets slapped with a subpoena or an indictment, the shit will really hit the fan.

by Anonymousreply 8March 7, 2019 8:21 AM

waiting on Corsi's ugly evil ass to be indicted...

by Anonymousreply 9March 7, 2019 9:52 AM

Gosh, golly and geeehiz.....Aren't the Repukes getting hypersensitive about anti- semitism!? Now they are painting the entire Democratic Party as anti-semitic!? Excuse me, but the Democrats have ALWAYS supported Isreal and are sympathetic to their persecution. Just because ONE freshman member brought up her experience and because she's Muslim? (Ilham Omar) It scares me how the Nazis and far right hatred has taken over their party. This is how RepukeNazis kick demo ass all the time and this is why we are seen as soft.

I'm so glad to hear secretary Nielsen got bitch-grilled in yesterday's hearings. She literally may be a female dog-person.

by Anonymousreply 10March 7, 2019 10:16 AM

Watch the judge postpone Manafort's sentencing again!

by Anonymousreply 11March 7, 2019 12:22 PM

More nails in the coffin.

by Anonymousreply 12March 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Does anyone know around what time we should be expecting sentencing? I am seriously thinking of going home early so I can watch MSNBC with a bowl of popcorn.🍿

by Anonymousreply 13March 7, 2019 12:38 PM

We're discovering so much terrible shit from this administration it's almost like we need separate threads for the actual government fuck ups. For instance, Neilson from Homeland Security, testified before Congress about not knowing about the sexual abuse, or how there's a list of journalists and activists being under surveillance and getting arrested at the border, or telling Congress that 3 kids have died "so far this year," or not knowing how many kids were in detention from asylum seekers, or not actually understanding how asylum works, etc.etc.etc.

Then there was this weeks report about coal ash seeping into the ground water and contaminating drinking water in 39 states with arsenic and a bunch of other shit. OR Trump intervening to stop the merger of Time Warner/AT&T. Or Trump intervening to stop the FBI from getting a new headquarters/Office building in D.C.

And I'm sure others can list more.

by Anonymousreply 14March 7, 2019 12:42 PM

Ivanka has never looked so Stepfordy as in R 588 in the last thread. Do her eyes even have irises?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 7, 2019 12:50 PM

I don't think we can rely on that cranky, addled old fool Ellis to mete out proper justice to Paulie. He'll give him a slap on the wrist, I fear.

by Anonymousreply 16March 7, 2019 12:53 PM

I agree we should have separate threads on all of Dumb Fuck's fuck-ups, or at least the ones on major sub-themes because there IS SO much shit going down. The stupid Dems need to know how to use the media to their advantage I.e. It's time for more public hearings. I don't care which fool they bring in, just line them up and ask pointed questions!

by Anonymousreply 17March 7, 2019 1:05 PM

Manafort Faces Decades in Prison at Virginia Sentencing

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CN) – Once a renowned lobbyist and associate of some of the world’s most powerful people, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s dazzling fall from an elite political world of spin and strategy ends Thursday when he is sentenced by a federal judge to what could effectively be life in prison for a bevy of financial crimes.

Manafort, 69, faces up to 24 years in prison when he is sentenced by U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III. During his trial last August, spread over 12 rigorous days, prosecutors unfurled a complex web of fraud he coordinated in multiple countries with the help of his business associate, Rick Gates, who pleaded guilty to charges brought by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and testified against Manafort as the star witness.

Accused of failing to report roughly $16.5 million in income from his political lobbying work on behalf of Ukraine and its onetime President Viktor Yanukovych, the jury in Virginia found Manafort guilty on eight counts of bank and tax fraud after four days of deliberations.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 7, 2019 1:09 PM

[quote]I agree we should have separate threads on all of Dumb Fuck's fuck-ups,

Absolutely not! These threads compiled a lot of the shit going on, an assortment of valuable links, they are great reference of everything that has gone on.

by Anonymousreply 19March 7, 2019 1:11 PM

I agree as well BUT.....for posterity, when one of you publishes “The Destruction and the DL: Gay Culture Records the Rise, Plateau, and Finale of the Trump Era in America,” it is important to keep these going in real-time for the book(s). Don’t worry, others start those sub-threads, we can and are all bouncing around.

by Anonymousreply 20March 7, 2019 1:13 PM

For one, that bitch Seth Abramson stole DL's idea of a book down to name.

by Anonymousreply 21March 7, 2019 1:18 PM

down to the book's name*

by Anonymousreply 22March 7, 2019 1:19 PM

I think Seth Abramson trolls these threads for ideas. He definitely stole his book title from us.

by Anonymousreply 23March 7, 2019 1:48 PM

Thanks to the OP (and OG OP) for the best running commentary on this ongoing nightmare. The kaleidoscopic, multifarious range of the Trump Administration's criminality continues to amaze me. I’ll be suffering from a nasty form of cognitive dissonance until there are real consequences that resolve all the shit that has happened. Then it will be party time.

by Anonymousreply 24March 7, 2019 1:51 PM

MSNBC shoving Ken Dilanian down our throat daily. Kompromat boy.

by Anonymousreply 25March 7, 2019 2:02 PM

Don't yell at me. OK. Fine. I agree that R20 is right others will start the sub threads. I just worry that the news media bounces from one scandalous bit of news to another and a lot of major stories are getting lost, not being developed. We are literally swamped with one piece of shit after another. fine.

R17 makes a good point about the Dems. They really do need a media strategy, unless they have one and we're watching it unfold. I must admit I literally threw my shoe (sneaker) at the TV( I missed) last night because I disagreed when some pundit said, "The Democrats are trying to do too much and it's going to backfire on them. Too many investigations, too many hearings. THey look like they are scattershot when they ought to be more focussed. Because it looks 'too political.'" Then another person responded by saying, "They're doing their jobs. It's called oversight. We had no oversight for two years. There's a lot of incompetence and outright corruption to investigate."

by Anonymousreply 26March 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Ken's scoops are not so precise with the facts. Not impressed.

by Anonymousreply 27March 7, 2019 2:09 PM

Ken Dilanian whole deal is downplaying the Russian collusion allegations, so that when a new filing fails to mention them explicitly, he takes credit for "breaking" the story. "No Russian collusion" is his refrain.

It's like an investment advisor who over years keeps predicting a bearish market, and then takes credit on market crash days.

He's always been an agent of various interests. Not a journalist. I wouldn't be surprised if he's an agent for .... now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 7, 2019 2:12 PM

The sheer volume of Trump's and his associates' criminal activity could potentially cover more than two dozen conspiracy walls.

They literally overwhelm us with the flood of criminal shit they pull. Officials work to stop, what, 1% in real time? The rest just passes by and bears chilling fruits further down the road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2019 2:19 PM

God bless everyone who voted in November. It wasn't a 'blue wave', but none of these truths would be emerging if the Dems hadn't won the House.

by Anonymousreply 30March 7, 2019 2:53 PM

I like your optimism, R30! Not being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 31March 7, 2019 2:54 PM

Voted straight Dem ticket. Twice!

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2019 3:04 PM

WE must take the Senate in 202. I want the Presidency too, of course. But without the Senate they will all get off. If Trump is re elected he will pass out pardons, he will have a blank check to become even more authoritarian, and if there is no check on him from the Congress, both houses we are fucked forever. We MUST take the Senate. If possible the Presidency, but the Senate is a must.

Here's the thing I worry about with Biden, and all the rest, this whole "bi partisan" thing. There are times when we don't have that luxury. And if Joe Biden is president and he makes ridiculous compromises to get legislation passed so he can claim it's "bi partisan" I will slap his face viciously.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2019 3:33 PM

Sounds like someone's trying to piss Drumpf off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2019 3:40 PM

This is such a special, but petite scandal, for those times when one is overwhelmed by the main events.

I'm looking forward to hearing more, but I fear it will be overshadowed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2019 3:53 PM

Will FOX report this?

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote][bold]It wasn't a 'blue wave[/bold]', but none of these truths would be emerging if the Dems hadn't won the House.

It definitely was a blue wave bitch, Shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2019 4:00 PM

I just caught the tail end of MSNBC who was talking about what happened with Clinton's email server and how that became such a huge deal. They were talking about how it only came out because there was a different investigation going on an entirely different subject - and they randomly came across an email that had the server information in the header and that's how it was uncovered. The point of them bringing this up was that this is what's going to end up happening to Drumpf. Mueller was given the authority to investigate collusion AND any other crimes that surfaced.... and the list of what comes up out of that is going to be a mile long.

by Anonymousreply 38March 7, 2019 4:01 PM

So now Rethugs are trying to say Cohen lied again because Rudy is saying that Cohen's attorney was one of those asking for a pardon.

Why are we supposed to believe lying liar Rudy again?

Does he have receipts?

by Anonymousreply 39March 7, 2019 4:02 PM

R38, it was during the BENGHAZI hearings that lasted more than the 9/11 hearings!

Dems have only just begun. They need to spend 2 years and change to come anywhere near the ginormous time the Rethugs spent on Benghazi.

by Anonymousreply 40March 7, 2019 4:09 PM

Doubt it was Lanny Davis if true. Davis is very smart and strategic.

by Anonymousreply 41March 7, 2019 4:09 PM

Hillary's emails came to be the same way Monica's little black dress because so interesting. The GOP was looking for ANYTHING to pin it on a Clinton. And they were looking really close at things to dig anything up they could blow up with their right wing propaganda machinery.

by Anonymousreply 42March 7, 2019 4:18 PM

Sorry, Monica's little BLUE dress BECAME so interesting.

by Anonymousreply 43March 7, 2019 4:19 PM

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is being prolific in making declarations and allowing no time for questions. She tweets a lot also. How long has it been since she held a press conference? Months? Isn't a press secretary suppose to hold regular, update briefings and field questions from journalists and reporters? Looks like fear. If she really lost weight, it's an opportunity to showcase it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 7, 2019 4:26 PM

What crazy shit with Pres Bone Spurs pull next to distract? It is getting increasingly crazy, nuts and batshit.

by Anonymousreply 45March 7, 2019 4:32 PM

[quote]WE must take the Senate in 202.

According to Lucius Aquila the lesser that ship has unfortunately already sailed.

by Anonymousreply 46March 7, 2019 4:35 PM

r44, Who cares how long it's been since she did a press conference? She's fat; she's ugly, and she lies her ass off in each and every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 47March 7, 2019 4:58 PM

r35 you're right it, is being overshadowed. I posted that 2 days ago in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 48March 7, 2019 6:03 PM

Cohen is suing Trump for $1.9 million, promised to him to fund his legal fees. I'm not sure why it's such a huge story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 7, 2019 6:05 PM

Will someone please tell Ivanka that her hairstyle is EXTREMELY dated and that Friends is no longer on NBC's schedule?

by Anonymousreply 50March 7, 2019 6:30 PM

Support for impeachment among independents is growing steadily. We're not there yet, but if the Dems keep up the pressure we'll get there.

"The poll finds that 42% of Americans feel that Trump should be impeached and compelled to leave the presidency while 54% disagree. Support for impeachment of Trump has risen slightly since November, when 36% favored impeachment and 59% did not. Previous polls showed support for Trump’s impeachment ranging between 38% and 41%. The change since last fall has come largely from political independents. Currently, 40% of independents support impeachment and 57% are opposed. Four months ago, only 26% of independents supported impeachment and 67% were opposed. Partisan opinion on impeachment currently stands at 75% support to 19% oppose among Democrats and 8% to 91% among Republicans."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 7, 2019 6:45 PM

Manafort getting sentenced in VA today, but it's that seemingly senile judge Ellis, whose reputation is that he's soft on white-collar crime.

by Anonymousreply 52March 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Knowing the possibility that their mountain of very dirty laundry could get exposed, it is astonishing the stupidity that DJT and his organization have shown by entering national politics, and then winning a presidential race. And Trump thought only good would come from getting mixed-up with Putin and his oligarchs and international mobster types? Even with most all of the Republican Party enabling and sustaining him so far, the scandals, inclusive of illegal activities, are so vast, it is difficult to track them, let alone seeing them trying to succeed in sweeping much of it under the rug. Still, more than 40% of the electorate supports Trump. When honesty, integrity, truth, competence, decency, and compassion are no longer valued, it will be a long, hard climb out of the gutter, if that can even happen.

by Anonymousreply 53March 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Cohens got his swag back. He feels free.

Hopefully that is contagious. Don’t the repugs want to get back to worshiping satan instead of trump?

by Anonymousreply 54March 7, 2019 7:04 PM

R52, it's time to put in a call to the Vesta Rose employment agency!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 7, 2019 7:16 PM

We forget now what a complete horse's ass Ellis made of himself in the Manfort trial in VA. I wouldn't be surprised if he lets Paulie skate.

by Anonymousreply 56March 7, 2019 7:22 PM

19% of Dems are opposed to impeachment? Those are not really Dems they are your non-partisan left leaners who are swingy and while they vote for the Dems most of the time they are EASILY swayed by a "normal" repug. repugs are hard core partisans while a lot of Dems are not. That needs to change.

I think most people want to have an actual crime presented with evidence. There are thousands of crimes committed by this asshole and enablers but until we get a few to sink our teeth into, support for impeachment will remain roughly where it is. It will soar once receipts pour in.

by Anonymousreply 57March 7, 2019 7:26 PM

Any rumors of which couples have gone "swinging with the Stones" over the years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 7, 2019 7:28 PM

"Impeachment now" doesn't make sense. There's so much to investigate and reveal. Isn't that how Watergate unfolded? Investigations, revelations, gradually changing public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 59March 7, 2019 7:30 PM

They have been investigating for two years and they're about to come up empty. Prepare to be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 60March 7, 2019 7:34 PM

Randy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 7, 2019 7:45 PM

Who cares what Tokyo Rose or St. Petersburg Svetlana or whatever they call themselves have to say.

I expect a dump truck load of receipts. It's inevitable. The president is a crook and a traitor. Worse than Nixon. The next year will be a major turning point in American history. It won't be easy but the truth will prevail. The only question is how many republicans will come pleading for mercy.

by Anonymousreply 62March 7, 2019 7:45 PM

Impeachment is the only way to prevent him from abusing his power further. Unfortunately there is no other means to prevent him from fucking the US more. And fucking things up (looking only for his own personal gain) is all he does while in power.

by Anonymousreply 63March 7, 2019 7:49 PM

What's happening with Manafort's sentencing! FFS bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 64March 7, 2019 7:52 PM

Still waiting here too r64.

by Anonymousreply 65March 7, 2019 7:57 PM

It only started 30 minutes ago and no cameras, so expect to hear about it within the hour

by Anonymousreply 66March 7, 2019 7:59 PM

R60 An extra turnip for you for good spelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 7, 2019 7:59 PM

Manafort just entered the courtroom in a wheelchair and green jumpsuit. Lolz

by Anonymousreply 68March 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Ughhhh!!! Trump is such a cunt. I can't stand this fucking lie piece of pond scum.

by Anonymousreply 69March 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Manafort bringing the theatrics and drama to the courtroom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 7, 2019 8:06 PM

What the fuck is with all of the moronic threads today?

FOUR incest threads at once and NOT with the same OP.

The top of DL is filled with either nonsense threads or threads about Pizza Gate type shit.

by Anonymousreply 71March 7, 2019 8:12 PM

Judge Ellis is ... traditional when it comes to white-collar crime. Maybe a year or two in prison.

But there'll be a more substantive sentence next week from Judge Jackson in DC.

by Anonymousreply 72March 7, 2019 8:14 PM

R71, try blocking one of the OPs of one of those incest threads. It's the same troll. Keep him blocked and things get much better.

by Anonymousreply 73March 7, 2019 8:14 PM

We are all frustrated things aren't over but remember, this is an experienced conman, traitor, grifter dealing with an entire political party enabling and covering for him. Evidence needs to be rock solid and irrefutable. That takes time. We are talking about a Russian asset as president. It doesn't get much more dire than that. This isn't a time to swing and miss.

We may never know the things he has been prevented from doing by a few. We must be patient beyond what we feel is normal. The fact anyone is still supporting this obvious treasonous person in the WH means this has to be thorough beyond belief and that takes time, way more time than we want but that is just how it is.

by Anonymousreply 74March 7, 2019 8:16 PM

You just never know what Judge Ellis will do. He's not fond of government.

by Anonymousreply 75March 7, 2019 8:17 PM

Judge Ellis just said - we are not here for Russian collusion.

by Anonymousreply 76March 7, 2019 8:19 PM

NOTHING so far revealed that has pointed away from what we started learning in mid-2016--that Trump's team had been caught with known Russian spies, and that he conspired with Russia to win the Presidential election. He's been named as a co-conspirator in Federal crime, caught red-handed lying about all of it, and this is all without evidence presented in court. Oh we've got something coming, alright. RICO is involved and he's been busted so many times before for that...he is a fucking idiot for running.

by Anonymousreply 77March 7, 2019 8:19 PM

Ellis will draw it out. He loves attention.

by Anonymousreply 78March 7, 2019 8:25 PM

R70 started one of the Incest threads.

by Anonymousreply 79March 7, 2019 8:26 PM

R60, empty except for all the arrests, indictments and convictions that have already happened. Already one of the most corrupt administrations in history, and the investigation isn't even done yet.

But you keep trying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 7, 2019 8:40 PM

[quote]This isn't a time to swing

Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 81March 7, 2019 8:43 PM

If I see one more link to YouTube....

by Anonymousreply 82March 7, 2019 8:45 PM

Interesting that the judge mentioned they weren’t there for Russian colluding. I can’t decide if that’s good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 83March 7, 2019 8:46 PM

Manafort's in a wheelchair for gout. Give me a break, take medication.

by Anonymousreply 84March 7, 2019 8:51 PM

R84 is that true? Gout is painful but geez...

by Anonymousreply 85March 7, 2019 8:52 PM

Manafort’s being sentenced today for only for the financial crimes, bank and tax fraud, that he committed in the US to get the dough to support his extravagant lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 86March 7, 2019 8:54 PM

R84

Surprised Manafort did not arrive for court in a hospital bed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Ellis just called for a 15 minute recess.

by Anonymousreply 88March 7, 2019 9:04 PM

OMG, R70!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one could faint like my Lana in Ziegfield Girl. 'Twas pneumonia.....And then she died......

by Anonymousreply 89March 7, 2019 9:08 PM

R76, Ellis saying that the sentencing is not about Russia collusion inadvertently implies that he takes it for granted that Manafort is, in fact, guilty of collusion.

by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2019 9:11 PM

When Cohen first hired lawyers Lanny Davis wasn't his lawyer and he was in a joint agreement with Trump's lawyers. So it's highly possible his attorneys might have fished around for a pardon, etc. But I thin after the feds raided his office, his house, some spare apartment, etc a hotel where his family was staying, all that ended. I think Donnie Deutch was talking to him about walking away from Scumbag Trump and stepping into the light!

by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2019 9:11 PM

According to Jim Acosta Ghouliani has just arrived at the WH. Whatever for?

by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2019 9:13 PM

It's 5:20PM EST. Isn't that past Ellis's dindins time? Get on with it, you old codger!

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2019 9:21 PM

When will it be announced?!

by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2019 9:43 PM

Ellis is LOVING this. During the break I'm sure he checked whether the sentencing was a top story.

by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2019 9:50 PM

Indictment Friday? Collusion? Saw this on Twitter earlier. Not sure of sources. Major grains of salt. But just something to ponder, in case you were wondering if you really wanted to live another day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 7, 2019 9:51 PM

What is spectator USA?

by Anonymousreply 97March 7, 2019 9:56 PM

I'm sure Ellis is pissed that he is only the first stop on the Manafort Sentencing Train, and won't have the last word. So he's milking it.

by Anonymousreply 98March 7, 2019 10:05 PM

I am a star !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 7, 2019 10:14 PM

Spectator US is a right wing site - just look at at the anti Democrat articles on the politics page. Please block the troll.

by Anonymousreply 100March 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Thank you r100. Friendly/not friendly reminder to ID your sources, you slimy whores! Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 101March 7, 2019 10:18 PM

For the person wondering about the incest threads, I've noticed the trolls are posting outright porn threads more often with photos, race-baiting articles, anti-trans threads, ridiculous questions about sex. They also still post a lot of lightning rod names like AOC, Sanders, Beto, Omar, Klobuchar, Pelosi.

This is all to distract from the actual criminals in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 102March 7, 2019 10:23 PM

Reposting this from the previous thread - John Brennan's indictment predictions from Lawrence O’Donnell's show the other night. He says tomorrow's the day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 7, 2019 10:29 PM

R100 yup the Spectator is a right wing site, but I found it interesting that the story was basically that Mueller’s report will confirm collusion. That surprised me—makes me wonder what the strategy is.

by Anonymousreply 104March 7, 2019 10:30 PM

I think he's protecting WikiLeaks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 7, 2019 10:31 PM

I need another big felony Friday in my life!

by Anonymousreply 106March 7, 2019 10:33 PM

Asshole Ghouliani has prepared an 80 page "rebuttal" of the Mueller report. That's right. Mueller hasn't even finished but Rudy is ready for him. LLOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 107March 7, 2019 10:43 PM

The judge says he thinks the sentencing recommendation is excessive and that Manafort has lived an otherwise blameless life.

by Anonymousreply 108March 7, 2019 10:44 PM

Oh, yes, what a fine, upstanding citizen he's been.

by Anonymousreply 109March 7, 2019 10:45 PM

Oh shit! This judge is going to put a soft sentence, isn't he?

Ari's face aged 10 years when he heard that....

by Anonymousreply 110March 7, 2019 10:45 PM

yes, everyone should be a traitor as long as you only get caught once.

by Anonymousreply 111March 7, 2019 10:46 PM

[italic]"he has lived an otherwise blameless life"[/italic]

Oh fuck this judge. He needs to be removed!!!

by Anonymousreply 112March 7, 2019 10:48 PM

He's basically verbally blowing him now.

He's done good for many and earned the admiration of many (paraphrasing here).

by Anonymousreply 113March 7, 2019 10:49 PM

He'll still get 8 to 10.

by Anonymousreply 114March 7, 2019 10:49 PM

I think Ari wants to cry. Those eyes are getting watery.

by Anonymousreply 115March 7, 2019 10:50 PM

Cheeto will pardon him in the end.

by Anonymousreply 116March 7, 2019 10:50 PM

"An otherwise blameless life" = "He didn't personally kill anyone, at least not that we know."

It's so nice that there is a federal judge who is pro-tax evasion.

by Anonymousreply 117March 7, 2019 10:50 PM

Can't believe CNN is still employing that pocket gay know-nothing dope Shimon that can't put two and two together. Christ. He must give a mean blowjob.

by Anonymousreply 118March 7, 2019 10:51 PM

I predicted this at R16.

Ellis is soft on crime. And soft in the head.

by Anonymousreply 119March 7, 2019 10:52 PM

Is this by any chance the same judge who gave Papadapolous 2 weeks? He said Pap showed a lot of remorse and knew he had done wrong. Immediately after Pap is on Twitter calling everything a witch hunt and he was being framed.

Has to be the same judge. They can't all be that bad.

by Anonymousreply 120March 7, 2019 10:54 PM

Has Manny been butt fucked yet?

by Anonymousreply 121March 7, 2019 10:55 PM

r121, he looks like an adventurous guy.

by Anonymousreply 122March 7, 2019 10:56 PM

I guess "white collar crime" = "white people."

by Anonymousreply 123March 7, 2019 10:56 PM

Aaron Schlock probably put in a good word for Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 124March 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Don't worry bitches. Wait until I sentence this scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 125March 7, 2019 10:57 PM

Chris Mathews on the sidelines saliva at the ready

by Anonymousreply 126March 7, 2019 10:58 PM

4 years

by Anonymousreply 127March 7, 2019 10:58 PM

47 months. I want foreign bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 128March 7, 2019 10:59 PM

47 months!

by Anonymousreply 129March 7, 2019 10:59 PM

Who got to the judge?

by Anonymousreply 130March 7, 2019 10:59 PM

lol 20+ years turns into under 4 years. He'll be out in less than a year. Next. Trump isn't going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 131March 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Time served. He's out.

by Anonymousreply 132March 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Unbelievable

by Anonymousreply 133March 7, 2019 11:00 PM

OMG a gasp through MSNBC !! I have never seen these type of reaction. Awww Ari wants to cry.

by Anonymousreply 134March 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Can the prosecution appeal the sentence?

At least there will be another sentencing in a different court.

by Anonymousreply 135March 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Told ya. Ellis sucks.

by Anonymousreply 136March 7, 2019 11:01 PM

He hasn't served 4 years yet.

by Anonymousreply 137March 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Well, find out in a few days that the judge thought he was sentencing Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 138March 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Fucking Judge Ellis. I knew he was a right wing idiot since the trial started.

by Anonymousreply 139March 7, 2019 11:01 PM

Ughh, removed this judge. He is probably bought and paid for!

by Anonymousreply 140March 7, 2019 11:02 PM

I called it at R16 earlier today. Feeling vindicated in my cynicism.

by Anonymousreply 141March 7, 2019 11:03 PM

Judge Berman better give him the maximum 10 years next week. There should be public outcry.

by Anonymousreply 142March 7, 2019 11:04 PM

you have got to be kidding. 2 years for treason?

by Anonymousreply 143March 7, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]He hasn't served 4 years yet.

That's not how it works. He already served time. No one serves full time. He's pretty much already done.

by Anonymousreply 144March 7, 2019 11:07 PM

Seth Abramson notes that the sentence is actually 38 months (credit for 9 months already served). He predicts Judge Jackson could give him a sequential sentence of up to 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 145March 7, 2019 11:08 PM

The judge basically said F.U. to Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 146March 7, 2019 11:09 PM

He's going to die in prison regardless.

by Anonymousreply 147March 7, 2019 11:12 PM

This decision, along with the Affluenza Killer and the Stanford Rapist, will go down in history as one of the worst decisions ever made in the courts.

by Anonymousreply 148March 7, 2019 11:13 PM

The judge signed Manafort's death warrant.

He's a dirty judge,

by Anonymousreply 149March 7, 2019 11:13 PM

fucking piece of shit judge. I hope he fucking dies in the most painful way soon. Ellis is a disgrace and should be disbarred

by Anonymousreply 150March 7, 2019 11:14 PM

I have a question for the legal eagles. None of this stuff supposedly involved collusion or the campaign. Could Manafort be tried for additional crimes if the report comes out and he’s part of a conspiracy? Or is this the end of the road as far as the Russia investigation?

by Anonymousreply 151March 7, 2019 11:15 PM

Mueller needs to drop more indictments on Manafort tomorrow that target collusion.

by Anonymousreply 152March 7, 2019 11:15 PM

It would be great if Mueller retried the 10 counts that were "hung." Just to torment Manafort and Ellis.

by Anonymousreply 153March 7, 2019 11:17 PM

I'm officially fed up and sick of this shit. I'm now fully prepared for the Mueller investigation to end up being a brief summation of no "provable" collusion and nothing more. That seems to be the direction all this fuckery is headed. It's like charlie Brown and the football every damn week.Not one fucking thing has gone our way and that orange fuck is going to keep getting away with everything.

by Anonymousreply 154March 7, 2019 11:19 PM

@thelauracoates FYI in 2018, #JudgeEllis sentenced Frederick Turner, 37, to a mandatory minimum of 40 years in prison for dealing methamphetamine: "I chafe a bit at that, but I follow the law. If I thought it was blatantly immoral, I'd have to resign. It's wrong, but not immoral." #PaulManafort 7:14 PM · Mar 7, 2019 · Hootsuite Inc.

by Anonymousreply 155March 7, 2019 11:21 PM

Billy Ray Valentine spoke the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 7, 2019 11:22 PM

[quote]Spectator US is a right wing site - just look at at the anti Democrat articles on the politics page. Please block the troll.

Fuck You! I’m not a troll. I got that article from a fellow Resister on Twitter who has never shared anything right wing. I didn’t know!! What on earth in that article was supposed to tip me off that it was “right wing”? You can check my history, trolldar me, whatever. I have never been a right wing troll.

I have however been the Fugue State Troll.

by Anonymousreply 157March 7, 2019 11:23 PM

r154 Not one thing has gone our way? Are you KIDDING? I would not want to be on their side in ANY of this. This has been a fucking disaster for that treasonous administration over the last 2 years. They are in agony.

These white collar criminals, who fuck over people, their country and everything in between (like Schock) get slaps on the wrist all the time yet try us peons would get the book thrown at us for a tiny fraction of what these rich assholes do. They will never learn. It is why corruption is so rampant in the corporate world- they have no consequences. They know it.

by Anonymousreply 158March 7, 2019 11:24 PM

Wow! Ari is PISSED!

by Anonymousreply 159March 7, 2019 11:24 PM

This feels like it is going to end like the North Carolina academic/athletic cheating scandal.

by Anonymousreply 160March 7, 2019 11:24 PM

Ari should be quoting gangsta rap lyrics at this point.

by Anonymousreply 161March 7, 2019 11:27 PM

No wonder Senator McConnell wanted to stack the courts with CONservative judges. Because, in their courts, as long as they're "one of them," they will get off.

by Anonymousreply 162March 7, 2019 11:30 PM

R151 is the one posting links to Right Wing sites.

by Anonymousreply 163March 7, 2019 11:31 PM

What About state charges?

by Anonymousreply 164March 7, 2019 11:32 PM

Yes he could be tried again for conspiracy charges.

by Anonymousreply 165March 7, 2019 11:32 PM

NY is waiting to zap him with some more charges. Pauly is not going to be retiring to his Dacha in the Ukraine anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 166March 7, 2019 11:33 PM

Anyone who doesn't believe there was and is Russian collusion is a freaking moron of epic proportions. It is all in your faces.

by Anonymousreply 167March 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Ummm...r163 I’m not??? Methinks you’re a tad confused. Check again.

by Anonymousreply 168March 7, 2019 11:36 PM

Btw, I reread my post and wanted to clarify—I didn’t mean the end of the Russian investigation as a whole, only how it pertains to Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 169March 7, 2019 11:38 PM

I got 52 months for weed in 1972. Fucking WEED! Sometimes I really hate this country.

by Anonymousreply 170March 7, 2019 11:39 PM

Judge Ellis was appointed by Reagan tells me everything about this sentence.

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2019 11:41 PM

While I agree that there is a huge disparity between what regular people get and the politically connected get, four years without freedom is no picnic.

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2019 11:43 PM

Let's hope Judge Jackson sentences more wisely.

by Anonymousreply 173March 7, 2019 11:44 PM

Ellis had a shitty attitude all along. No surprise there. Manafort will still die in prison...

by Anonymousreply 174March 7, 2019 11:45 PM

A quick refresher on Jackson and what we can expect from her, please? Someone?

by Anonymousreply 175March 7, 2019 11:46 PM

Is the longest possible sentence with Jackson longer than the longest for Ellis?

by Anonymousreply 176March 7, 2019 11:47 PM

At least Manafort had to surrender $22 million to Mueller with his plea deal, that probably bothers Manafort more than the 47 months he has to serve. That includes Manafort's condo in Trump Tower, that has to burn Trump that Mueller has control of one of the condos in Trump Tower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 7, 2019 11:49 PM

Max from Jackson is two consecutive five-year terms. So possibly 14 years in all. End of the Times article up now, can't get link.

by Anonymousreply 178March 7, 2019 11:51 PM

Next week, Judge Amy Berman Jackson of United States District Court for the District of Columbia will sentence him for the two conspiracy charges, which each carry a maximum penalty of five years. Whether the sentences run consecutively or concurrently is a major issue for both sides.

by Anonymousreply 179March 7, 2019 11:52 PM

No, r135. Prosecutors cannot "appeal" this or any other sentence. This is common knowledge.

Central American children in Kirstjen Cages will be imprisoned longer.

by Anonymousreply 180March 7, 2019 11:52 PM

Wonder if Paul will be allowed to have conjugal visits by spousal substitutes?

by Anonymousreply 181March 7, 2019 11:53 PM

His jail time is currently max 38 months.

by Anonymousreply 182March 7, 2019 11:54 PM

R180, yet federal prosecutors are appealing the 30-day sentence given to the guy who attacked Paul Rand.

by Anonymousreply 183March 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Did anyone catch his lawyer's careful choice of words outside the courthouse? There is no evidence that he colluded with any official of the Russian government.

by Anonymousreply 184March 7, 2019 11:57 PM

R172, "No picnic" is hardly the point. Even a day incarcerated is "no picnic."

Time for the next judge to go Full Guideline on this fat felon.

by Anonymousreply 185March 7, 2019 11:57 PM

NY AG needs to prosecute under state laws. ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 186March 7, 2019 11:58 PM

Was the lawyer under oath, r184? (That would be a "no".)

by Anonymousreply 187March 7, 2019 11:59 PM

r151....yes, and there will be charges....for all of them...Flynn, Gates, Manafort, etc....

by Anonymousreply 188March 8, 2019 12:00 AM

If Jackson can tack on two five-year sentences, that wouldn't be bad.

by Anonymousreply 189March 8, 2019 12:01 AM

This CNN article says that Manfort bought his Trump Tower condo ten years ago, but "Manafort had paid off none of the mortgage for the condo, the bank's court filings said." Who the hell gets to borrow $3.675 million for 10 years without paying off any of it?

[quote] Manafort bought the condo -- near the top of the 58-floor golden skyscraper -- more than a decade ago for $3.675 million.

[quote] Manafort had paid off none of the mortgage for the condo, the bank's court filings said.

The rich and powerful really do live a privilege life in this country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 8, 2019 12:01 AM

R185, there is a huge difference between what one day does to a person mentally and what four years does. He will suffer for his crimes. There is no doubt about that.

by Anonymousreply 191March 8, 2019 12:05 AM

r181, enough with the Lindsey shit.

by Anonymousreply 192March 8, 2019 12:07 AM

Families and communities are destroyed by lengthy sentences for weed. This guy gets 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 193March 8, 2019 12:08 AM

My apologies, r183. A sentence above or below the Federal Guidelines can indeed be appealed by the prosecutor.

Maybe next time I'll Google BEFORE spouting off.

by Anonymousreply 194March 8, 2019 12:09 AM

R193, yeah, and? The point of the outrage is he's being made to suffer far less than many other people who've done less.

by Anonymousreply 195March 8, 2019 12:10 AM

That's my point, r195

by Anonymousreply 196March 8, 2019 12:11 AM

^ Sorry, I meant to respond to R191.

by Anonymousreply 197March 8, 2019 12:12 AM

Vote R180 for Miss Congeniality!

by Anonymousreply 198March 8, 2019 12:15 AM

The rich have zero consequences for any of their actions. None. They can do anything and even if they get a fine or some jail, it is never a burden financially and the jail time is probably cush compared to what any one else would get.

One day people will wake up to how the rich have just run roughshod over us and are actively trying to fuck us over in every conceivable way. When that happens, and it will, the fallout will be ugly- for them- because they've basically stopped giving us enough to be satisfied and looking the other way. More and more, the rich are in our faces with how little they care and how little they are willing to give us, or allow us, to have.

by Anonymousreply 199March 8, 2019 12:17 AM

Hmmm, I'm wondering, since Manafort did not express remorse, and the wackadoodle judge even made a note of it, I wonder if Judge wackadoodle was originally going to give him even LESS time, but instead gave him 4 years for that.

by Anonymousreply 200March 8, 2019 12:17 AM

R170, what were the circumstances of your arrest/conviction for "weed"? Was it a state or federal level offense?

by Anonymousreply 201March 8, 2019 12:17 AM

OK. So what was Manafort sentenced for tonight? I'm not surprised Ellis was lenient. Ellis was the fucker who was rough on the prosecution when they went to court a few times months ago. I remember him being a shit.

by Anonymousreply 202March 8, 2019 12:31 AM

Thanks for that reminder r177. I feel a bit better knowing that.

Fantasy tonight...... Mueller seethes with anger and ramps up against Junior, Kush and Lollipop.

by Anonymousreply 203March 8, 2019 12:33 AM

His name will henceforth be known as the honorable Judge Wackadoodle

by Anonymousreply 204March 8, 2019 12:36 AM

Chris Matthews said tonight that the Mueller Report will be out “this week”. That means tomorrow, Friday. Maybe Saturday. So, we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 205March 8, 2019 12:36 AM

Roll the goddam guillotines!

by Anonymousreply 206March 8, 2019 12:36 AM

We're like Latin America. Wealthy people will soon be able to murder with impunity.

by Anonymousreply 207March 8, 2019 12:39 AM

and guess what? Thanks to morons in this country, we're getting a whole new generation of inept, corrupt, biased, bigoted and ignorant judges confirmed in the Trump era. Just when the last assholes from Reagan are dying off and retiring there are a lot of younger ones filling their places

by Anonymousreply 208March 8, 2019 12:39 AM

R205, he also called Ivanka Trump "Bianka".

I wouldn't go by what Ramblin' Matthews says. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

by Anonymousreply 209March 8, 2019 12:40 AM

And yet again all the "smart" pundits with their keen insights fall flat on their faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 8, 2019 12:41 AM

R201, sorry OT, felony, crossing state lines, nev to cal. Just makes me mad how you can get away with not paying taxes on millions $ yet ruin young lives by a victimless crime.

I know this is mean and immature, but I hope his gout hurts like a motherfucker for these next 39 months.

by Anonymousreply 211March 8, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]enough with the Lindsey shit. @ R192

Just 4 u. Lindsey the pussycat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 8, 2019 12:45 AM

You're in good company, r211.

Most of us hope this shitstain writhes in agony every damn day of his existence and ends up broken, broke and homeless begging on the streets in his wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 213March 8, 2019 12:48 AM

Ohhhh gout, squish squish

by Anonymousreply 214March 8, 2019 12:55 AM

r208 "but her emails" will go down in history as the rallying cry of those who allowed the destruction of our country, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

All those judges is what the conservative repug sociopaths always wanted and would do anything for. I cannot believe they held up so many judges under Obama to the point of creating a crisis, the whole Garland fuckery and got away with it.

Again, it cannot be said enough- the problem is not old male whites. It is male conservatives the world over. They are a cancer on every society they run.

by Anonymousreply 215March 8, 2019 12:55 AM

There was a lawyer on MSNBC who said he had a client get 4-8 years for stealing $100 from a quarter machine.

by Anonymousreply 216March 8, 2019 12:55 AM

R205 did he present this as a scoop? Or just scuttlebutt he heard?

by Anonymousreply 217March 8, 2019 12:56 AM

How many times have we heard that the Mueller report is coming? Eventually one of these predictions/leaks has to be right, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 218March 8, 2019 12:58 AM

Maybe you should stop listening to the predictions.

You will know when Mueller is going to release his report shortly after he releases it, and probably not a moment sooner.

by Anonymousreply 219March 8, 2019 1:01 AM

Seriously... doesn't Drumpf et company always manage to get out that the Mueller report is coming out THIS WEEK every time they need to distract from something?

No wonder they keep doing it since the media falls for it every single fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 220March 8, 2019 1:03 AM

[quote]Chris Matthews said tonight that the Mueller Report will be out “this week”. That means tomorrow, Friday. Maybe Saturday. So, we shall see.

Did he give ANY hint as to where he heard that? Does anyone who watched Hardball tonight have any recollection of that part whatsoever? Did he read my “troll” post on this thread from that right wing website and just run with it?

by Anonymousreply 221March 8, 2019 1:03 AM

Yes, apparently Mueller will release his report tomorrow. This comes from Rosenstein. Barr may not release it to the public immediately, but apparently Mueller will be indicting himself, Hillary, and Obama.

by Anonymousreply 222March 8, 2019 1:22 AM

R222 thanks for the laugh! Needed it today!! When pot smokers got more jail than someone who tried to subvert democracy, you need some laughs.

by Anonymousreply 223March 8, 2019 1:35 AM

R205, I'm more than halfway through. He hasn't said it. When did he say it?

by Anonymousreply 224March 8, 2019 1:42 AM

R224, I relistened to the show but could not find it, making me wonder if it was Ari or one of the others. I haven’t heard the news repeated so it is possible I dreamt the entire thing while dozing off. Mea culpa, DataLounge!

by Anonymousreply 225March 8, 2019 1:46 AM

I also read Mueller will be indicting Prince Albert from that Victoria show on PBS. Not sure if it’s the actor or the Prince. He may also be indicting Oliver from the Brady Bunch, the corpse of Michael Jackson (finally!), and nepotism has-been Luke Russert.

by Anonymousreply 226March 8, 2019 1:51 AM

Lots of LOLz in this thread. Appreciate the effort, boys & girls.

by Anonymousreply 227March 8, 2019 1:57 AM

I heard the cast & writers of SNL are preparing for a 6am indictment. 7am Hillary's hairdresser. 8am the staff from thr hospital Obama was born in. What a day!

by Anonymousreply 228March 8, 2019 2:12 AM

Paula, one of the jurors who convicted Manafort, is on Lawrence O’Donnell, and her right eye is VERY angry!

by Anonymousreply 229March 8, 2019 2:28 AM

Dump's lie # 5,547,762: "Paul Manafort worked for me for a very short time. It's sad what happened to him. He's a very good person."

Manafort has not cooperated and has not been remorseful yet only got 47 months?!

The indictment had more than 18 counts including conspiracy against the US AND laundering more than $18 million he received as compensation for lobbying and consulting services for pro-Russian, former Ukrainian prime minister Viktor Yanukovych.

by Anonymousreply 230March 8, 2019 2:30 AM

[quote] Paula, one of the jurors who convicted Manafort, is on Lawrence O’Donnell, and her right eye is VERY angry!

Paula just said she voted for Trump and will vote for him again.

by Anonymousreply 231March 8, 2019 2:32 AM

r231 You cannot fix stupid.

That Judge Ellis is a piece of shit. Just goes to show what true conservative jurists do- they are the activists.

by Anonymousreply 232March 8, 2019 2:34 AM

Paula seems too nice to send to the Guillotine. Yeah, I think being that stupid is it’s own punishment. But give her 47 months, anyway. Just to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 233March 8, 2019 2:36 AM

Oh but Paula put her Trump supporting politics aside and voted to convict Manafort! Let's throw her a ticker tape parade!

by Anonymousreply 234March 8, 2019 2:36 AM

I had to mute her when she started talking about how she didn’t see any Russians in the voting booths when she voted for Trump.

Jesus Christ, the stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 235March 8, 2019 2:36 AM

[quote] she didn’t see any Russians in the voting booths

but I bet she is still upset about all those illegal Mexicans that voted for Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 236March 8, 2019 2:39 AM

She didn't see any Russians?????

by Anonymousreply 237March 8, 2019 2:41 AM

r236 Did she see any of them?

Setting aside the Russian stuff, every fucking thing he has done as "president" is a fucking disgrace. The ass-handing he received from Nancy and Kim, the ass-kissing he does to every brutal dictator (he loves them he says) except for the Venezualan one cuz that is apparently his red line, his obvious mental issues, the damning shit his own staff have leaked about him, what are these people voting for? Owning the libs? Just cuz they can? Fuck, this country has a huge sickness running through it.

by Anonymousreply 238March 8, 2019 2:43 AM

How would she know?

by Anonymousreply 239March 8, 2019 2:43 AM

r239 I guess she didn't smell vodka, desperation and B.O in the voting booth?

by Anonymousreply 240March 8, 2019 2:44 AM

Who said upthread that he got time served and he was out?

Is that true?

Link?

by Anonymousreply 241March 8, 2019 2:49 AM

the judge gave Manafort less time than Manafort's OWN lawyers had requested.

by Anonymousreply 242March 8, 2019 2:50 AM

R213, you gave me a boner.

by Anonymousreply 243March 8, 2019 2:50 AM

No, R241, he'll get a credit of time served for the months he was in jail before the sentence.

by Anonymousreply 244March 8, 2019 2:51 AM

Time served for Manafort is 9 months against the 47 month total...

by Anonymousreply 245March 8, 2019 2:57 AM

It's open season for treason.

Hey everybody, get your treason here. Come one, come all. Judge Ellis and the repugs don't care. Get a conservative judge and do as you please. Just please be a conservative.

by Anonymousreply 246March 8, 2019 2:57 AM

We need to start stressing how this country is no longer a democracy. Cuz it isn't. But repugs never wanted a democracy anyway. Dems need to understand what is truly going on.

by Anonymousreply 247March 8, 2019 3:05 AM

R247 Yes!

Wow, the Don't Count Her Out thread about Hillary running again is FILLED with Russian trolls/conservative shit-stirrers. They are still all over this site. They try to infiltrate this thread every now and again but get the shit beat out of them. They HATE these Mueller threads. There are a lot of self-loathing conservative gays as well.

by Anonymousreply 248March 8, 2019 3:12 AM

It's also open season for tax evasion.

Don't bother to pay if you're white. You'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

Just make sure you're rich and white and you can just not pay your taxes or be concerned about going to jail or getting slapped with a lien. Tax evasion is no longer a crime!

by Anonymousreply 249March 8, 2019 3:16 AM

Trump can and will pardon Manafort of all federal convictions. Its obvious. So the ball is in NY's court if PM is to serve any serious time.

by Anonymousreply 250March 8, 2019 3:22 AM

Didn’t somebody upthread day he was out?

by Anonymousreply 251March 8, 2019 3:25 AM

Say

by Anonymousreply 252March 8, 2019 3:25 AM

The Hillary threads are honey pot threads for the purpose of sussing out right wing trolls and blocking them.

by Anonymousreply 253March 8, 2019 3:27 AM

I think Dems should use this to rally the base. This is a fucking JOKE. They want to threaten us with a 2nd Civil Fucking War?!?!? I’ll *show* them a Civil War.

Dems, for ONCE, need to demonize these people by using the same hate rhetoric that they employ. They literally need to tell America that “these people” hate America and they want to fuck America. Insult the President’s intelligence every other sentence, also mention his penis size again. Every single news outlet in America should print every hypocritical/bad sentence of this judge they can find. Journalists need to dig up every speck of dirt on the judge that they can. Mueller needs to blow everything up now. Dems need to tell voters they will remove Trump appointed judges if they take the Senate. Punish them in Every Single Way. Times ten.

This IS a Civil War. And you know what? Fuck Putin too, drop a bomb on his ass while we’re at it.

by Anonymousreply 254March 8, 2019 3:28 AM

This is exactly why I can't just overlook that a friend or family member voted for this shit show. I'm not one to start political fights (we know there's no use) but I've pulled away from all of them. Look at what these idiots have caused. The anger is always aimed at tRump, these judges, etc but the root of the problem is the voters. They are who you should take your anger out on. And on a side note, the fact that trolls come here so much (a gay message board of all places) really shows how deep and serious the problem is.

by Anonymousreply 255March 8, 2019 3:29 AM

R255 Yep, it is very serious and is about to get even worse as far as trolls. They know the shit is about to hit and are gearing up like crazy. It has been noticeable the past week here alone.

R249 You need to edit- it is rich and CONSERVATIVE. You can be any color as long as you are conservative. You can do anything as long as you are conservative. We are hung up on white but that is only because 99.9% of conservatives are white. But whites are not the problem. Conservatives are. You can be any color, gender, sexuality, religion as long as you are conservative you are ok with them.

by Anonymousreply 256March 8, 2019 3:37 AM

Life in Prison for Selling $20 of Weed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257March 8, 2019 3:40 AM

R255 I TOTALLY agree. I still occasionally hear someone around me talking nonsense about “respecting each other’s views.” Guess what? Respect only works when it is a two-way street, and it is fucking EARNED. These people do *not* deserve our respect, so those of you who have family supporting this *must* continue to confront them with a merciless attack DESCRIBING their own moral hypocrisy. Keep pointing out that they ONLY give a shit when something affects them, which makes them Assholes of the Highest Order. And when you feel like it’s not worth it because it won’t change their mind anyway? You’re wrong. It may not change their minds directly, but your energy will ripple out in other ways to discourage/shame them. For example, when you tell your family that they are the reason America has gone to shit, the next time they’re gabbing with a fellow Trumper, they won’t sound quite so cocky nor so bold. You may not win the battle but you will help us win the war. You OWE IT to your country to strap on a pair of balls and call out every single person in your life supporting this, and let them know since their President is such an asshole who thinks he doesn’t have to filter himself, now you are no longer filtering yourself either.

by Anonymousreply 258March 8, 2019 3:41 AM

Incarceration info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259March 8, 2019 3:42 AM

R258 Preach!

Fuck them and their feelings. They are the ones who can't handle an opposing view. They can't handle facts.

Our derr leader rants and raves like an insane 3rd grader with a vocabulary of an beginner English Language Learner, creates chaos and havoc in everything he touches, lies nonstop about obvious shit, and they just turn a blind fucking eye. The foundation of this country is being attacked from outside and within (from rich conservative oligarchs) and they are just keeping score. It's a sport to them and their team is their team no matter what. It is like the bloods and the crips.

by Anonymousreply 260March 8, 2019 3:53 AM

Best possibility, Amy Berman Jackson sentences this fucker, Manafort, to the full ten years to be served consecutively and then, if the asshole lives that long, the state of New York arrests him the second he steps off the federal prison grounds. State prison isn't nearly as comfy.

by Anonymousreply 261March 8, 2019 4:40 AM

Impunity. There is no justice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262March 8, 2019 4:43 AM

It's time for pitchforks, tar, feathers, and guillotines.

by Anonymousreply 263March 8, 2019 4:47 AM

R254 - I am reminded of a cold war t shirt an ROTC buddy used to wear.

It had a bomber on it with the slogan "we rock Moscow"

by Anonymousreply 264March 8, 2019 4:59 AM

Looking back at the early posts on this thread, quite a shift in tone.

by Anonymousreply 265March 8, 2019 5:13 AM

Is Manafort looking at more time? I read something about a second trial. How much time could he get for this? 48 months is a joke. He will be out in less than a year.

by Anonymousreply 266March 8, 2019 5:20 AM

Manafort will face more sentencing next week from NY Court, (I think it's NY?) , so he will not get off with 47 months.

PLEASE! PLEASE everyone: Remember that the Russians are still very active in distorting and creating our opinions. Whoever or whatever is goading Biden, of all people, to run and/or claim he's the best one to beat Dump is dead wrong. He's the worse. There is so much dirt material in Biden's past, it's not even funny--pervy pedo video and his big mouth=dead in the water. Plus he's too old and represents the establishment. This I believe is pure Russian propaganda.

Second, Pelosi is showing bad judgement regarding her anti-Semitic Resolution. WHY did she do that? Does she realize she's reinforcing Omar's point-that we have to pledge allegiance to a foreign country.

by Anonymousreply 267March 8, 2019 5:29 AM

One of the MSNBC anchors said tonight that Ellis refused to allow Russian evidence or testimony into this trial. It was all about Manafort's financial crimes. For his lawyer to say there was no proof of collusion was pure deceit to play to the right wingnut base.

I wonder if that means Manafort can still be indited for collusion by Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 268March 8, 2019 5:50 AM

Judge Amy is going to be as tough on Manafort as she has been on Roger Stone.

Expect her to sentence Manafort to writing "I WON'T DO IT AGAIN" 20x on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 269March 8, 2019 6:01 AM

[quote] One of the MSNBC anchors said tonight that Ellis refused to allow Russian evidence or testimony into this trial. It was all about Manafort's financial crimes.

Of course he refused. Mueller didn't charge Manafort with Russian crimes, making such "evidence" problematic. So if he had anything why didn't he charge him in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270March 8, 2019 6:13 AM

I keep getting a photo of Manafort posing in front of American flags. How I'd LOVE to shove one of those as far up that bastard's ass as possible, the break the wooden pole off. These evil mother fuckers have no SHAME!

by Anonymousreply 271March 8, 2019 6:25 AM

For those talking about how Manafort hasn't been charged with Russian collusion and how Mueller and the prosecutors haven't moved forward with anything on that front, etc., I have one word for you...

YET.

by Anonymousreply 272March 8, 2019 6:32 AM

R270, because he can’t charge Manafort with Russian election conspiracy crimes without tipping his hand to all other future defendants. He’s going to indict everyone that he can possibly indict for those crimes *all at the same time*. Stone, Kushner, Trump Jr, Manafort again, and whoever else. All together. Possibly tomorrow (Friday March 8).

by Anonymousreply 273March 8, 2019 6:34 AM

I know Louise Mensch is a bit... much... at times, and I unfollowed her a long time ago, but I wanted to see if she had any “scoops” on Indictment Friday and there’s this little piece. I looked at her Followers list and I’m surprised to see she’s followed by Katy Tur, David Corn, Nicolle Wallace, Mueller She Wrote, Mimi Rocah, Evelyn Farkas, Glenn Kirschner, Phil Rucker, and so on.

It’s for that reason that I’m sharing her latest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 8, 2019 7:25 AM

R267 - Russian hoping Elizabeth Warren gets the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 275March 8, 2019 7:35 AM

Lots of calls for Vindictive Prosecution. Very dangerous tactic in that as a matter of 14th Amendment rights and political fallout it would be likely to backfire. Just sayin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 8, 2019 7:39 AM

R276.

by Anonymousreply 277March 8, 2019 7:43 AM

I'm very tired of waiting for Meuller's report. We need to put that in the back of our minds because we are going forward with House Oversite and Judicial committee hearings. In fact, the obvious lack of the Meuller report is hamstringing the hearings. His dalliance now is causing more damage than good.

There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 278March 8, 2019 7:43 AM

Ooh, I had R276 blocked as a pro-Putin troll and it looks like I was right. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 279March 8, 2019 7:44 AM

The judge was right to not allow any kind of evidence for Russian collusion, not yet confirmed on a legal level, in a legal case about tax evasion. But still the judge should've thrown the book at Manafort for being a criminal tax dodger and make him the latest example for how you get punished when you think the rules, for the general public, don't apply to you.

People need their faith restored in the political and legal system.

by Anonymousreply 280March 8, 2019 7:51 AM

Maybe once the next Democratic administration stacks the courts.

They can add 8 new seats to the Supreme Court and fill them with liberal judges. The time for revenge is now! (Or next year, I guess.)

I say we sacrifice R276 for starters.

by Anonymousreply 281March 8, 2019 8:06 AM

R281 - huh?!

by Anonymousreply 282March 8, 2019 8:28 AM

What part of that do you need me to clarify, R282?

by Anonymousreply 283March 8, 2019 8:31 AM

Tax evasion is not a big deal.

Ellis has set a precedent that if you evade taxes, it matters less than getting busted for weed.

Think I will just not pay my taxes and claim if traitor Paulie gets off, then I should, too.

by Anonymousreply 284March 8, 2019 8:52 AM

Because it will hurt you, R284, thus making it illogical. There are better ways to protest such as boycotting certain advertisers and Newscorp Ltd., and phoning your senator.

by Anonymousreply 285March 8, 2019 9:18 AM

Surely Mueller must realise that as a prosecutor he has to win in the court of public opinion? The time to make that case is now. If he waits any longer his entire investigation will be eclipsed by right wing noise.

by Anonymousreply 286March 8, 2019 9:59 AM

r281. Just learned Eric Holder (Obama's AG) has advised that if Dems win in 2020, they should increase the SC to 11 Justices. The Repigs STOLE two seats from us. If they are bold enough to do that, we definitely need to fight fire with fire and place all additional seats with liberal judges. I would put Obama on the SC to watch their heads explode!

by Anonymousreply 287March 8, 2019 10:19 AM

I'm not trying to minimize the importance of Meuller's report, but the delay and the fact that it will first be screened by Barr gives me a lot of reservations. I don't trust Barr. The only reason Trump picked him is beacause he kissed his butt and actually wrote a memo saying he was anti-Mueller. He literally put his bias on paper. I don't know any clearer way to signal what one's intentions are. We are asked to do mental gymnastics that Barr purposely lied on paper so he could trick Trump, then believe he's fiends with Mueller because he said so. I don't trust him. Does anyone else fell this way or is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 288March 8, 2019 10:34 AM

Brooklyn Public Defender Scott Hechinger: ‏ For context on Manafort’s 47 months in prison, my client yesterday was offered 36-72 months in prison for stealing $100 worth of quarters from a residential laundry room.

by Anonymousreply 289March 8, 2019 11:14 AM

I am disgusted with the short sentence given to Manafort by Judge Ellis.

However, in perspective Ellis tried to get the whole case thrown out at the beginning and he lost that fight. Then he tried to destroy the prosecution by hectoring them in court and making inappropriate comments. Yet despite that the jury voted guilty on 8 counts and the other 10 counts resulted in a hung jury NOT an acquittal. I am guessing Ellis would have given Manafort no time if he thought he could get away with it.

Now in addition to the 10 years Manafort is facing next week, the terms of his plea agreement included confessing to the 10 hung jury counts. Mueller can choose to bring those charges to trial again and Manafort has to plead guilty.

And that is not taking into consideration any possible conspiracy charges or New York State charging him with state income tax evasion and other local crimes.

by Anonymousreply 290March 8, 2019 11:17 AM

Plus Manafort will die a broke cuckold. I'm good with that.

by Anonymousreply 291March 8, 2019 11:44 AM

I'd like to see Eric Holder on the Democratic ticket. Kamala Harris/Eric Holder. Wouldn't that make conservative republican heads explode.

by Anonymousreply 292March 8, 2019 12:05 PM

The Democratic party will never run 2 black people on a presidential ticket together. Not in today's world.

by Anonymousreply 293March 8, 2019 12:06 PM

R278, Mueller's "dalliance"? GTFO with that bullshit! You really believe he's casually taking his time and not giving all this overwhelming criminality his due diligence? By the way, you also don't know what the word means, just like the illiterate assholes who think "peruse" means "to look over" or "scan".

by Anonymousreply 294March 8, 2019 12:42 PM

R274 Louise Mensch is also reporting that Comey had his own phone hot miked via a legal court order so he could record calls from the president, Don Jr et al. "Two days before he was fired Comey also interviewed Donald Trump Jr and Eric Trump about the Kelhios botnet operating out of Trump Tower, which they both had knowledge of. This conversation too was legally recorded." Article also says that Sessions tried to get access to the system after Comey was fired but the courts and FBI put up a legal wall so he couldn't. I know Louise Mensch gets a bad rap because she sometimes goes off the deep end but she has been right on so much and she seems to have good sources.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 8, 2019 12:54 PM

So Trump supporter and lifelong friend Robert Kraft owner of New England Patriots gets busted on prostitution charges stemming from visits to an Asian spa in Florida. Guess who Trump had a Mira-Lago to watch the Super Bowl? Of course, the owner of the spa. You just can't make this shit up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 8, 2019 1:00 PM

11 Justices is a No No.

Remember what happen after Harry Reid opened the barn door with his mini-nuclear option.

by Anonymousreply 297March 8, 2019 1:04 PM

Bad job statistics this morning. Trump is in for a particularly awful day today.

by Anonymousreply 298March 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Axios: Through a Trump admin leak, the House Oversight Committee has obtained documents related to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump's security clearances that the Trump administration refused to provide.

by Anonymousreply 299March 8, 2019 1:07 PM

[quote]The rich and powerful really do live a privilege life in this country.

I have learned that the rich tend not to pay their bills. A billionaire well-known in Houston, Tilman Fertitta, is notorious for stiffing contractors, using undocumented workers and general deadbeatery. Also, an asshole of epic proportions who throws glassses and dishware at the staff of his restaurants/hotels.

The Manafort Trump Tower apartment deal is probably a money laundering thing.

by Anonymousreply 300March 8, 2019 1:08 PM

R300, the rich don't get rich throwing their money away. :/

by Anonymousreply 301March 8, 2019 1:09 PM

R295 "I know Louise Mensch gets a bad rap because she sometimes goes off the deep end but she has been right on so much and she seems to have good sources."

No, not really. Not at all in fact. She's basically the flip side of the QAnon coin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 8, 2019 1:18 PM

I hope someone uncovers skeletons in Judge Ellis' closet. If yesterday wasn't a more-or-less discrediting ...

by Anonymousreply 303March 8, 2019 1:38 PM

Why do they always interview Dump amongst a lot of AF1 background noise so that he's shouting like a moron?

Oh that's right its intentional.

by Anonymousreply 304March 8, 2019 2:02 PM

because he can go back and claim he couldn’t hear the question over the engine noise when he does answer like an idiot or lie outrageously again.

by Anonymousreply 305March 8, 2019 2:06 PM

Maybe Ellis's yearbooks?

by Anonymousreply 306March 8, 2019 2:43 PM

Chelsea in jail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 8, 2019 2:48 PM

R296 She's the owner and founder of all the spas in Florida. I think there are 15 of them. Buds with Trump. She watched the Super Bowl with Trump, has been to the White House, pics with Don Jr and Eric. Attended lots of Republican events. Shes made millions. Isn't she the one who is now being investigated for sex slave trafficking?

The Miami Herald is doing a great job with these stories. They deserve a Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 308March 8, 2019 3:03 PM

R308 She actually sold the spa where Kraft was partaking but founded it and owns several more with her husband where sexual activities are also said to occur if reviews from yelp are true. "A little rub and tug" as one reviewer stated.

by Anonymousreply 309March 8, 2019 3:07 PM

R307 At one point I kind of respected Manning. Now I think she is a bit of a fame whore. She knows she can't be safe in a prison so why try to protect asshole Assange and Wikileaks.

by Anonymousreply 310March 8, 2019 3:08 PM

America as protection racket:

Trump wants to make other countries pick up the bill for having US troops in their region, plus pay extra 50% for the privilege.

His “cost plus 50” plan for demanding host nations pay for US troops has sent shock waves through Defense and State depts, where officials fear it will be a big affront to stalwart allies in Asia and Europe already questioning the depth of Trump’s commitment to them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311March 8, 2019 3:08 PM

Chelsea Manning going to jail, you say? It couldn't happen to a nicer fella!

by Anonymousreply 312March 8, 2019 3:11 PM

Ugh. More Annie Leibovitz photos and magazine covers coming soon. Maybe Harvard will hire her again.

So sick of him. I got rid of my (free) Out subscription b/c of their lionizing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313March 8, 2019 3:19 PM

R313 I thought that was Cody Fern at first glance.

by Anonymousreply 314March 8, 2019 3:43 PM

R287 I would LOVE to see Obama on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 315March 8, 2019 3:46 PM

BREAKING: Trump’s communications strategist, Bill Shine, a former Fox News exec, is out.

“Bill Shine offered his resignation to the President yesterday evening, and the President accepted. Bill continues to support President Trump and his agenda and will serve as Senior Advisor to the 2020 re-election campaign,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders says in statement.

by Anonymousreply 316March 8, 2019 3:51 PM

Yeah, r316. Essentially Fox News is running Trump's re-election campaign. It will be an entire cable network continuing to run propaganda for Trump to get him re-elected. And corporate, outside advertisers are paying for it, not campaign funds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317March 8, 2019 4:03 PM

I wonder why he resigned but is still planning to work on the campaign? Hmm. Maybe there won’t be a campaign. Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 318March 8, 2019 4:12 PM

Is anyone else disappointed that no indictments have been unsealed yet today? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 319March 8, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote] Probably got another job. While Sarah is still looking.

by Anonymousreply 320March 8, 2019 4:13 PM

Look who else knows the rub and tug day spa lady...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321March 8, 2019 4:20 PM

This Tweet is more direct, sorry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322March 8, 2019 4:20 PM

Everyone seems to have overlooked the fact that Manafort was not working for Trump but for Tony Podesta when he committed the crimes for which he has been convicted.

by Anonymousreply 323March 8, 2019 4:33 PM

Another rat announced leaving the ship today: USAF Secretary Heather Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 324March 8, 2019 4:36 PM

GO Rep. Flowers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 8, 2019 4:53 PM

Wow, R325. That was really powerful.

by Anonymousreply 326March 8, 2019 5:00 PM

Anger IS powerful. We need to help our fellow citizens tap into their anger too. That woman is an example of peaceful protest too.

by Anonymousreply 327March 8, 2019 5:01 PM

If they continue to deny democrats basic truths, then democrats need to go out swinging all the way.

by Anonymousreply 328March 8, 2019 5:16 PM

I could have done without the dramatic music. Like what the hell? This is serious stuff.

But good for State Senator Flowers. When she said "what are you going to do, shoot me?" I clapped. It was beautiful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 329March 8, 2019 5:28 PM

I despise that Judge so much, I cannot believe he was allowed to preside over this case.

DL Legal Eagles, how much say (if any) does the SCO have in the judges they are assigned? Is it just luck of the draw?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330March 8, 2019 5:28 PM

Doesn't each judge have an expertise?

by Anonymousreply 331March 8, 2019 5:30 PM

Re Bill Shine resigning to work on the Dump campaign... hasn’t that been a reason used in the past for other resignations? I’m wondering if it’s actially true. Might just be a ruse...

by Anonymousreply 332March 8, 2019 5:34 PM

R332 I think it’s a ruse only because of the other resignations, though it’s also possible that after the Manafort sentencing they think they have a second term locked up because they have so many judges in their pocket. FUCK THEM ALL, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB YOU WEASELS.

I looooooove how now our country is being attacked from within, and the very people who were either voted in or appointed to fucking PROTECT this country are now refusing to do their god damn jobs. Meanwhile, manufacturers and retailers continue to close, more shootings, police arresting journalists in Sacramento. ROME IS BURNING.

by Anonymousreply 333March 8, 2019 5:42 PM

R323 seems to have overlooked the fact that Manafort's convictions for bank fraud were due to conduct over a 2+ year period, and the entire period of time he worked for the Trump campaign was entirely contained within those 2+ years. R323 also doesn't seem to understand that Manafort didn't actually work "for" Podesta--they were each founders of their own separate lobbying groups.

R323 seems to be a troll/bot. And an really stupid one at that.

by Anonymousreply 334March 8, 2019 5:49 PM

Sam Stein with a “Hmmm....”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335March 8, 2019 5:51 PM

Well, the White House might want him to stick around, but Bill Shine was probably so desperate to get out of there, he left a Bill Shine-shaped hole in the wall of the West Wing.

by Anonymousreply 336March 8, 2019 6:08 PM

r297 Surely you can't be serious. If Reid hadn't used the nuclear option, the Republicans would have prevented Obama from appointing any judges. And the Republicans would have done the same thing, even if Reid hadn't done it first. You are a drooling idiot.

by Anonymousreply 337March 8, 2019 6:21 PM

Bill Shine, the POS Roger Ailes protege from Faux News, just resigned as the White House Communications director. I think he believes the Titanic is sinking so he's putting on ihs babushka and jumping in a lifeboat.

Here's my theory: former Intel chief, John Brennan and most other people, legal experts, believe that Mueller is saving the best for last. So if Jared, Donnie, Jr. Ivanka, and Trump himself, Bannon, Parscale, etc are going to be hit, they will be hit all at one time. FIne. And they will be among the last to get indicted. Flynn will probably get more charges added to his indictments too.

The thing is, the outrage about Manafort is off the charts. It is filtering down to the grassroots level. Twitter has exploded and no amount of bullshit Rudy shovels will forestall the damage. We also know, at most Manafort will get 5 years apiece on each of two convictions by the tougher judge. So a maximum of ten more years added to the 38 months. At most 13 yrs, which means he'll be 83...if he lives, when he's released. He may get a break for "good behavior."

Trump is 99% likely to pardon Manafort, but will probably wait until next week's sentencing by the other judge. So, IMO Mueller, who is probably really pissed off at what Judge Ellis just did, will also wait until after Manafort is sentenced next week, nd about five minutes before Trump has a chance to pardon Manafort, Mueller will indict Trump and his family, and the campaign's inner circle. So I'm looking at next week as the week when a lot of shit will be hitting the fan.

by Anonymousreply 338March 8, 2019 6:24 PM

Thank you, R325. That was amazing. It was true. And powerful.

by Anonymousreply 339March 8, 2019 6:33 PM

I think n Bill Shine's case it's not a ruse. I think he will actually be responsible for a lot of managing of the campaign. If there is a campaign. And he will make a fortune from it in a away he was handicapped from making money in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 340March 8, 2019 6:45 PM

R338 if all that comes to pass I will build a small alter to you and say prayers that only good things happen for you. If my hopes are dashed I will hunt you down

by Anonymousreply 341March 8, 2019 6:52 PM

[quote]Axios: Through a Trump admin leak, the House Oversight Committee has obtained documents related to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump's security clearances that the Trump administration refused to provide.

John Kelly, right?

by Anonymousreply 342March 8, 2019 6:52 PM

R338 - I hope so!!!

by Anonymousreply 343March 8, 2019 6:55 PM

R274, Louise Mensch takes credit for events she didn't predict and completely ignores her 100% inaccuracy rate of predicting events that don't occur.

She's a disgruntled right-wing extremist who would have gladly taken Steve Bannon's job had it been offered to her. She traffics in deliberate misinformation and her backing is shady.

She's no friend to us.

by Anonymousreply 344March 8, 2019 6:58 PM

Did Manafort pull an MJ and jump out of his wheelchair when he got the sentence?

by Anonymousreply 345March 8, 2019 7:03 PM

The judge was appointment by Reagan. That's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 346March 8, 2019 7:03 PM

r327 I just read that Rep. Matt Gaetz, or "Swamp Thing," was the only Congress representative on 12/19/17 to cast a "no" vote on a widely bipartisan human trafficking bill that passed unanimously through the U.S. Senate in September before sailing through the House by a count of 418 to 1. The more that is revealed about human trafficking, child trafficking and the Republican party, the angrier whatever decent Americans remain will get. I know a good 30% of adult American voters would vote for a known human trafficker, rapist, money launderer, but maybe the 102 million Americans who didn't vote could be persuaded to prevent that cultist 30% from getting their way again.

by Anonymousreply 347March 8, 2019 7:03 PM

r297, if the 67 Democrats level is raised in the Senate, Dems should raise the SCOTUS to 13. Big enough to PERMANENTLY shift the court. This is in anticipation of Republicans never taking hold of the three branches of government with a 2/3 vote majority in the Senate. This is why adding four Senators from DC and PR are a good move. 104 x .66= a new 69 Senate vote. We shall see.

This is why we need a moderate Democrat in the WH to sign legislation.

by Anonymousreply 348March 8, 2019 7:04 PM

If the economy keeps hitting the skids and the massive layoffs continue, you might get a few people to wake up.

Nothing like having republicans send your job to China to get one’s attention.

by Anonymousreply 349March 8, 2019 7:05 PM

r344 I agree about Louise Mensch. She is blindly right-wing, as in "even though former Canada PM Stephen Harper has more favourable views to far-right politics and economics, it's the 'I pwn and troll Trump whenever possible' current PM of Canada who apparently had a majority government thanks to Russia's meddling in elections." R-i-i-i-i-ght.

by Anonymousreply 350March 8, 2019 7:12 PM

I think Bill Shine left because he knows the Mueller report is going to be released and he knows that it will be horrendous for Trump. The report will send Trump into a tantrum like we've never seen before. He will do things like fire the special counsel, start a war in Venezuela, do a pre-emptive attack in North Korea, exit NATO and order more National Emergencies. He may even do things like put the elections on hold or try to somehow remove congress. It's all up for grabs. If you're sitting on million of Fox $$$ and don't have to work, why would you put yourself in the middle of that. Anyone near Trump is going to be a punching bag. I imagine Shine has quite the ego and said, "Ain't gonna play this game no more."

by Anonymousreply 351March 8, 2019 7:19 PM

More speculation about the sex parlor and the GOP Congressmen who keep turning up in pictures with the Chinese ringleader lady...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 8, 2019 7:32 PM

She's like the Chinese version of Maria Butina. Instead of holding up guns, she'll be holding up dildos.

by Anonymousreply 353March 8, 2019 7:36 PM

R274 - the voice in my head predicted that a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 354March 8, 2019 7:45 PM

Very interesting thread (a must-read) about the sex trafficking parlor and how it could be (already is?) ensnaring the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 8, 2019 8:00 PM

I always wondered who owns those spas. Silly me thought they were individually owned.

Turns out they are all owned by one conglomerate lady. She must be raking it in.

This is getting juicy.

by Anonymousreply 356March 8, 2019 8:02 PM

The law enforcement that brought down the spa lady must have not been in on the corruption or else we would have never heard about it.

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 357March 8, 2019 8:08 PM

R353

by Anonymousreply 358March 8, 2019 8:13 PM

510 472 3.4K

Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson · 1h In the future, everyone will be White House Communications Director for 15 minutes

by Anonymousreply 359March 8, 2019 8:15 PM

The sex parlor scandal will be huge.

by Anonymousreply 360March 8, 2019 8:24 PM

OMG! This is like an episode of Claws!

by Anonymousreply 361March 8, 2019 8:32 PM

Jesus Christ! The GOP is probably involved with human trafficking and money laundering.

The whole Pizza gate was a mere projection of what the GOP was doing in the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 362March 8, 2019 8:38 PM

Just saw on MSNBC that the Dems are concerned about how aggressively to pursue investigations into Drumpf’s children. WTF, they were brought into the administration and should be treated like anyone else. Stop pussy-footing around. .

by Anonymousreply 363March 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Is there an official thread for the sex parlor scandal?

by Anonymousreply 364March 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Oh, we have to be nice to America's Princess, she's a mother and a wife! She loves women, she invests in them! It would hurt us in the eyes of America's housewives and mothers and grandmothers if we asked her questions!

by Anonymousreply 365March 8, 2019 8:49 PM

I want to see Ivanka swing by her neck like Mary Surratt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366March 8, 2019 9:07 PM

Since this story broke I said that Mueller came across this sex parlor thing and notified them in FL so they could do an investigation. 100% this connected to Trump somehow. I have always felt he has been involved with sex trafficking for years. on another note..................

President Trump is Signing Bibles for volunteers and survivors at a Baptist church in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 367March 8, 2019 9:51 PM

r367.....TRUMP MODEL MANAGEMENT

by Anonymousreply 368March 8, 2019 9:56 PM

Here is the full tawdry article. For some reason, it’s not been posted anywhere on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369March 8, 2019 9:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370March 8, 2019 10:02 PM

Trump was pissed off with Shine...as usual blaming someone else... because the media focus was completely on Michael Cohen and there he was back in North Korea and he felt that the attention was not what it should have been....

by Anonymousreply 371March 8, 2019 10:06 PM

Could you imagine working for this guy? Why the FUCK would anyone work for this asshole and expect a different outcome?

by Anonymousreply 372March 8, 2019 10:10 PM

Damn, r369. These men are vile. Just vile.

Good on that Chinese girl who reported what was going on through her relative. She must've been horrified and scared.

I hope she can remain anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 373March 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Rumor has it Miss Matt G. is closeted It is odd if he paying for pussy. Did that madam have twinks, pool boys, and muscle menz employed?

GOP? NRA? Evangelical associations? And no gay hos? Something ain't right.

by Anonymousreply 374March 8, 2019 11:12 PM

I hope this implicates the Evangelical church too.

by Anonymousreply 375March 8, 2019 11:24 PM

Sean Spicer & Rence Priebus, former WH employees, are working on Trump's re-election campaign.

by Anonymousreply 376March 8, 2019 11:35 PM

Is Kellyanne out yapping? I don't watch Fox.

Chris Cuomo will have her back when she's ready.

by Anonymousreply 377March 8, 2019 11:38 PM

Well I've given up watching Chris Cuomo completely because I just couldn't stomach watching that shrew.

by Anonymousreply 378March 8, 2019 11:40 PM

[quote]Sean Spicer & Rence Priebus

or they are fishing for a pardon when they eventually get indicted.

by Anonymousreply 379March 8, 2019 11:41 PM

Isn't Jerry fallwell jr.'s poolboy in Florida?

by Anonymousreply 380March 8, 2019 11:42 PM

Didn’t they say that the “re-election campaign” is where they bury the bodies? It’s where you go after you are fired but being paid to stay quiet.

by Anonymousreply 381March 8, 2019 11:48 PM

R380, of course.

by Anonymousreply 382March 8, 2019 11:49 PM

I'm glad MSNBC is coming out fighting post-Manafort sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 383March 9, 2019 12:22 AM

Erik Prince was at the trump tower JUNE 2016 meeting. He’s admitted it.

Jeez I wonder why he would lie about that??

by Anonymousreply 384March 9, 2019 12:23 AM

Wait! That’s wrong. It wasn’t the June meeting. It was one in August. He just met with the campaign and lied about it.

by Anonymousreply 385March 9, 2019 12:32 AM

Video of Erik Prince admitting to perjury:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 9, 2019 12:49 AM

Though, I posted this link on the last Treason thread, I think if bares repeating. Especially, since it ties into the Miami sex trafficking story and Russian organized crime through Donald Trump.

And, that is the Quora article about Michael Cohen's testimony. So, please scroll down to John Bartram. That's where you'll find such interesting tidbits as:

When Benjamin Netanyahu was in the United States, he was regarded by law enforcement as a gangster. It was while living in New York during the 1980s that Netanyahu became friends with Fred Trump, the father of Donald Trump.

And how would this lead to criminal relationships? Through Michael Cohen's FAMILY, a code word for MAFIA. This is how POTUS Trump is so close to the Israeli PM, how they both learned from Fred Trump and what ‘Family’ really means to them all.

Michael Cohen was a childhood friend of Felix Sater, whose father was a reputed capo in the Mogilevich organized crime syndicate, said to be Russia’s largest and most dangerous.

Michael Cohen’s uncle, Morton Levine, owned and ran a Brooklyn social club, El Caribe, the headquarters of Russian-organized crime from the 1970s though the 1990s.

Real estate has long been a convenient place for Russian gangsters to launder ill-gotten gains, and Trump’s projects were well known as places to park money with few questions asked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387March 9, 2019 12:52 AM

That sounds like a lot of prosecutions could come out of it, R387, but god almighty is it going to be difficult to keep all those characters straight in people’s minds. I’m already dreading the Middle East part of the collusion investigation.

by Anonymousreply 388March 9, 2019 12:58 AM

R388, Thank you for reading my post. But, if you scroll down through the article, it gives you a lot more details than my post provided. Also, if a picture speaks a thousand words, there is one of Republicans at the El Caribe Club. Unfortunately, I couldn't copy it over.

But, between the Trump family, the Cohen family, Russian organized crime, the recently indicted Netanyahu, and the criminally infested GOP, what a tangled web they weaved when the learnt to deceive. No wonder Mueller has to take so long with his report!

By the way, the link is not the same picture in Quora. But, it's still an interesting read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389March 9, 2019 1:26 AM

Wait, I’m confused. Are we talking about Russian mob or Jewish mob, based out of Russia or the Middle East??? Or is it now both? I don’t relish the Average Joe understanding this, it took me some time just to absorb Central and South America.

I guess at the end of the day, those who care enough to want to “truly” understand will have a lot of reading to do, and for the rest, it will be transcribed into short-hand somehow. But I don’t care how hard someone studies this in future generations, no one could possibly understand what it has been like to live through this in real-time. It’s fucking UNREAL.

by Anonymousreply 390March 9, 2019 1:27 AM

R362, "Probably"?!

NS, S!

by Anonymousreply 391March 9, 2019 2:15 AM

r390 The Russian mob includes Jews and non-Jews, just like the American Mafia had Jewish associates like Meyer Lansky and Bugsy Siegel. There are Russian mobsters in the US and Israel and Trump and Netanyahu are involved with them. It is total corruption in plain sight.And the deplorables have no problem with it.

by Anonymousreply 392March 9, 2019 2:22 AM

R381, I’ve heard the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 393March 9, 2019 2:30 AM

R392 And, the kicker is the deplorables think they are so much better than us because they're so damn religious.

No, wonder the deplorables shove their bibles in our faces. That is to keep us from looking at them dipping their hands in the till and taking their unfair share.

Well, the deplorables can take their hypocritical, holier-than-thou attitude and stick it in their offering plate. Because, at the end of the day, that's all they care about - money.

by Anonymousreply 394March 9, 2019 2:30 AM

Pretty in Pink with a green trimmed white blouse.

The makeover, weight loss, and the new stylish attire, have her looking fabulous with the shadowed lighting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 9, 2019 2:37 AM

"The Muller Report is already a hit, sight unseen"

NYT article about publishers and sellers prepping to publish the report. It's accessed through MSN, so it won't count against your monthly article allotment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 9, 2019 6:28 AM

Thanks, R395.

I always get a kick out of Jonathan Winters in drag.

by Anonymousreply 397March 9, 2019 7:23 AM

So, another Friday has come and gone, and still no Mueller report.

by Anonymousreply 398March 9, 2019 7:26 AM

Li Hung Yang, Orchids of Asia SPA founder, hung out with major Florida politicians Mat Gaetz, Rick Scott, Rick DeSantis. and Fox News pundit Dan Bongino. Marco Rubio is NOT among them.

Are the named GOP/MAGA Florida politicians clients or they just appreciate Yang's campaign contributions? Perhaps both?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399March 9, 2019 11:19 AM

The Erik Prince interview and Seth Abramson's breakdown - only 4 tweets - is really mind blowing. Wow. Watch it and damn that journalist could teach a thing or two to ours.

by Anonymousreply 400March 9, 2019 12:11 PM

suckie suckie five hundred dollar

likey Trump, ten percent off Wednesdays

ask about senior discounts plan

by Anonymousreply 401March 9, 2019 1:36 PM

r397, you're being very unfair to the late, greatly talented Jonathan Winters.

by Anonymousreply 402March 9, 2019 1:50 PM

AP: Where the investigations related to President Trump stand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403March 9, 2019 2:01 PM

Roughly 20 months until Election Day 2020. Buckle up, folks.

by Anonymousreply 404March 9, 2019 2:25 PM

you know, these pundits and journalists keep saying..." There's no smoking gun ..." that connects Trump with Russia on election fraud. But I think there is. First of all it's obvious Trump is connected to it. And if the pundits are insisting there is actual audio, maybe there is. Especially with either the Feds getting FISA warrants and tapping into Trump Tower months before we knew they were, back during the campaign, and Cohen recording stuff.

I have to wonder WTF is going on with the MErcers, BAnnon and Brad Parscale. IMO those are indictments waiting to happen. Couple of other randoms who worked with them may be singing to the Feds. I'm waiting for that set of indictments, along with Jared, Donnie, Jr. and Ivanka. I'd would absolutely fucking love it if theMErcers got stripped of their assets. OMG. The shockwaves, especially for the Kochs would be glorious to see. Throw in a few members of Congress, and we might just manage to get through this.

by Anonymousreply 405March 9, 2019 3:01 PM

Kellyanne's husband and conservative lawyer, George Conway, is maintaining his criticism of Trump, and it is now going beyond tweets.

In recent days, he has been more visible and outspoken than Kellyanne, who is paid by taxpayers as a WH employee whose prime role is to spin, deflect, and deny for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 9, 2019 3:13 PM

I am convinced George is doing this to shield KellyAnne.

by Anonymousreply 407March 9, 2019 3:15 PM

Nope.I'm convinced this is genuine, not tactical. Personally I don't think Kelly Anne is as dedicated to Trump as she seems to be. THe other night they were tallying the number of firings and resignations, and they said Kelly Anne is the only one outside the family who's still there from the campaign. IMO the reason for that is because she is so close to the Mercers. I think her husband is about ready to walk away from her.

by Anonymousreply 408March 9, 2019 3:18 PM

Conway doesn't often speak in public, but took the opportunity to slam Trump without mentioning his name directly in video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409March 9, 2019 3:27 PM

When voter turn-out is low, Republicans can flip seats, especially in closely contested elections. In Connecticut, Republicans flipped 2 of 5 in a recent special election for the state legislature.

Local elections are very important too. Don't let up! Vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410March 9, 2019 3:52 PM

Thanks, R410. People keep forgetting. It is your state legislature that does the gerrymandering. Your state courts that approve it. And the Governors and Secretaries of State and the State Attorney General make sure to set up the rules and the policies that are strangling us. So get off you asses. Every election is "special. " And they aren't going to do a lot of advertising, so pay attention. In fact, if you gave them $20 a year for a membership you could join your state Democratic Party, or your Democratic county organization, etc. and find out WTf is going on. Easy.

by Anonymousreply 411March 9, 2019 4:22 PM

R408, I do agree that his feelings are genuine, but I think it’s also possible that he is trying to make sure she can’t be charged, if he speaks out like this it will help their defense when/if she is charged. It will make it easier for her to say she didn’t realky believe in what her public message is.

by Anonymousreply 412March 9, 2019 4:25 PM

Could be r412. It will strengthen KellyAnne's future contention that she was the eyes and ears of the nation, hanging on to make sure things don't get too crazy. She'll say her hands were too full from all the other stuff to notice anything criminal.

by Anonymousreply 413March 9, 2019 4:37 PM

Yes yes yes r413, that’s what I’m saying, I do think George genuinely despises Trump too, but what he’s doing is unprecedented (how many fucking things will be unprecedented with this saga?) and I strongly suspect that he’s trying to keep his wife from being indicted while also enjoying himself pointing out what anidior Trump is. Last but not least, he may also be trying to protect his practice and professional reputation.

by Anonymousreply 414March 9, 2019 4:48 PM

[Quote] Erik Prince—Trump advisor; ex-head of a murderous mercenary army; would-be head of Trump's private spy agency; would-be head of a privatized U.S. army—is a dangerous liar. He just testified under oath. This is a live reading of the transcript. Hope you'll read and share.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415March 9, 2019 4:58 PM

Graham formally requested Barr to send him FISA warrants background material on Carter Page and others from the Trump campaign. Also, he wants to investigate, again, Hillary's Emails for the upteenth time. It's about investigating the investigators.

Yet, Graham is doing nothing related to investigating the Trump campaign, Russher, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 9, 2019 5:04 PM

You know what I wonder? How many state elections will include people claiming to be "different than the usual politician." That was quite the selling point (beyond racism, sexism and stupidity, of course) for Trump in 2016, but three years later, we're seeing the importance of having a baseline of skills. Local and district elections, you can maybe get away with the of-the-people schtick, but even that's shaky.

by Anonymousreply 417March 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Yet another possibly impeachable offence for Dump:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 9, 2019 5:22 PM

Another day, another scandal that would've brought down any other president before Trump:

Cindy Yang, the founder of the Florida spa where Bob Kraft was busted for soliciting prostitution, wasn’t just posing for selfies with members of Trumpworld. She's been selling Chinese business executives access to Trump and his family at Mar-a-Lago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419March 9, 2019 5:43 PM

Yang’s company is promoting an upcoming event at Mar-a-Lago featuring Trump’s sister, Elizabeth Trump Grau. The co. bills it as “a once-in-a-lifetime publicity opportunity” where "Chinese elites" will have the chance to mingle with Trump Grau and (Republican) members of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 420March 9, 2019 5:44 PM

So is there a trump kickback for access to the Trump Crime Org?

by Anonymousreply 421March 9, 2019 5:45 PM

Of COURSE r421. You think this family gives away their time for free? Trump probably charges for his nail and hair clippings too.

by Anonymousreply 422March 9, 2019 5:49 PM

No! I’m sure Drumpf is doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He's an altruistic soul. He never thinks of himself.

Also, no collusion.

by Anonymousreply 423March 9, 2019 6:00 PM

#PresidentPersonalAppearance

by Anonymousreply 424March 9, 2019 7:06 PM

[quote]I am convinced George is doing this to shield KellyAnne.

Do you even realize this is sexist? You're implying that KellyAnne doesn't have a mind of her own and will be judged by the stated beliefs of her husband. She's evil all by herself and will be judged as such. No one should think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 425March 9, 2019 7:19 PM

Kellyanne's pussy excretes a neurotoxin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 9, 2019 7:24 PM

I really don't get how what George Conway is doing shields Kelly Anne in any way. She's an adult responsible for her own actions. There's no 'spousal shield' law that lets someone off crimes just because their other half is less of a dick, as far as I'm aware. That said, I've no idea if KAC has committed any crimes (admittedly she'd be one of the few in the WH who hasn't), but I don't see how GC criticising Trump protects her if she has.

by Anonymousreply 427March 9, 2019 7:44 PM

George Conway is a renowned attorney. He looks at life through the lens of a skilled attorney. Of course he’s thinking ahead on her legal strategy for a defense. She absolutely could be swept up in charges if she hasn’t been incredibly careful.

by Anonymousreply 428March 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Don’t forget, she makes the money. When all the shit finally goes down, she can cling to her hubby and say, "I’ve learned a very big lesson thanks to George." The world will smile and forgive her, she'll go off to work for the next shitstain and they’ll both laugh all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 429March 9, 2019 8:11 PM

r297 The repugs were always going to go there. If wasn't a matter of if but when.

by Anonymousreply 430March 9, 2019 8:13 PM

Remember the op-ed from the supposed anonymous White House secret resistor?

KellyAnne has no loyalty. She and George would absolutely stage a scenario where if she ended up a Mueller or other criminal target, she could say she was the secret resistor all along. And here's George to back her up--of course she was! Would I have been so publicly in criticizing her boss if she were part of his corruption?!

by Anonymousreply 431March 9, 2019 8:13 PM

The Koch Bros. use their money to maintain the status quo of the conservative gerrymandering. I am sure they have some conservative judges on their payroll.

by Anonymousreply 432March 9, 2019 8:36 PM

Some of you sound like you're living in the 1930s with this crap about KellyAnne getting forgiven because her husband, the leader of the household (of course), should be the one you really listen to. And, exactly what brilliant legal defense strategy would this be part of? "Please, forgive the little wifey, your Honor. I told her and told her over and over but she just wouldn't listen to her superior!" Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 433March 9, 2019 8:56 PM

All I know is, I don't want Kellyanne *AND* George getting away so easily. There must never be a Kissinger from this administration.

by Anonymousreply 434March 9, 2019 10:04 PM

Brad Parscale is also pictured with Cindy Yang. I want him to go down so hard. His arrogance makes me crazy. I want to grab him by his swarmy little hipster beard and shove his head in a mud puddle.

by Anonymousreply 435March 9, 2019 10:06 PM

I thought Kellyanne was exiled from the White House long ago and was operating as a freelance Trump apologist.

by Anonymousreply 436March 9, 2019 10:07 PM

Prostitution and the hospitality industry go hand in hand. The Trump corporation has Chinese trademarks for massage parlors and escort services.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437March 9, 2019 10:13 PM

R426 when that KA Pussy thread is full, Mueller shall release his report.

by Anonymousreply 438March 9, 2019 10:14 PM

I still want to know what Parscale did to warrant 90 million from the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 439March 9, 2019 10:23 PM

R433, no need to be a royal cunt. George could help KAC build a story that she wasn’t truly loyal to Trump, why does that upset you so? Who gives a fuck?

Next please?

by Anonymousreply 440March 9, 2019 10:25 PM

I wonder if Cindy Yang and her establishment will be discussed on the Sunday morning shows. I somehow doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 441March 9, 2019 10:25 PM

I am just speechless @ R437...and not even sure why!

by Anonymousreply 442March 9, 2019 10:26 PM

Hey, Ivanka has to make some money off her one and only talent somehow....

by Anonymousreply 443March 9, 2019 10:37 PM

It's Pooh Bear's birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444March 9, 2019 11:31 PM

R442, I feel the same. Conservative Christians would be at the front gates of the White House with pitchforks and torches if Trump was a Democrat, but they all just support him anyway, the huge fucking hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 445March 10, 2019 12:46 AM

The one thing that might make them change their minds is if it is discovered that Trump forced one of his bimbos into having an abortion. You know the way that he played, he didn't like to use condoms so I would be really surprised if there wasn't an NDA or two floating around concerning certain medical procedures. For conservative christians, there is nothing worse than "murdering babies." It just might be a bridge too far.

by Anonymousreply 446March 10, 2019 12:54 AM

R433, you're completely missing the point. The two of them TOGETHER may have constructed this ruse to cover up for her. It's not "listen to husband over wifey" it's, "wifey was the secret hero all along."

by Anonymousreply 447March 10, 2019 12:59 AM

Did anyone else see the The Story of Fascism on PBS today? It was the pledge week special program with Rick Steves as the host. He made the documentary because he is alarmed how similar trump's behavior is to Hitlers in the run up to WWII and he wants people to wake up to it. Hitler had his cult of deplorables, just like trump, who were with him to the bitter end. A hallmark of creating fascism is to dismiss intellectual thought and critical thinking. Journalists and critics were silenced and many eventually killed. I know we know all this but a refresher course is badly needed right now. Someone said on the program, you wake up in a democracy and the next day it's a dictatorship, or something to that effect.

What I saw of the documentary was chilling. So many similarities, it's like trump learned his methods directly from Hitler. I can just picture he and Jared and Putin and all others in that ugly cast of characters sitting in a smoke-filled room plotting the destruction of democracy. They think they won't get caught.

I was so alarmed that I ran to the phone and renewed my membership in PBS.

by Anonymousreply 448March 10, 2019 1:07 AM

I saw it a few months r448. To everyone here — it is a *must* that you see this. It is a breathtaking view of what exactly happened in Europe, and it will give you an even deeper understanding of what is happening here, and why it *must* be stopped. Go watch it right now and report back!

by Anonymousreply 449March 10, 2019 1:18 AM

Thanks, R449. What we never thought could happen in America is going on right before our eyes. trump and his supporters are a brazen criminal cabal.

by Anonymousreply 450March 10, 2019 1:25 AM

Bill Maher knows it too.

by Anonymousreply 451March 10, 2019 1:31 AM

R408 I'm thinking you are right. George isn't trying to shield Kellyanne. Bitch is an evil viper and needs no shielding. She's all in. She's too connected to the Koch Bros. , the bats hit crazy and morally corrupt Mercers and Bannon and Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump doesn't grab her by the pussy. I have no prove other than that George Conway looks like a man who detests the ugly hag he's married to but doesn't want her to get custody of the girls.

I'm sorry but if this is a game to "shield" Kellyanne, it's pretty dumb and somebody in media or government would leak it. Kellyanne will vigorously lie, deflect and defend the Idiot in Chief for as long as he stays in the WH. She is no delicate slam piece needing protection. One look at the picture of George meekly holding her coat at the inauguration told me who wears the panties in that house.

Kellyanne is the beast who wore the nutcracker designer outfit to the inauguration. She should be strung up by her hooves for that alone.

by Anonymousreply 452March 10, 2019 1:37 AM

Ivana tried to warn us of Trump's fascination with Hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 10, 2019 1:39 AM

You can tell we are in a no indictments, no court filings, no Rachel weekend.

by Anonymousreply 454March 10, 2019 1:40 AM

so this is why Trump wanted to build up our military so if the masses turned against him and took up arms he would have the military on his side

by Anonymousreply 455March 10, 2019 1:43 AM

So Trump's sister the Judge is dirty too!

by Anonymousreply 456March 10, 2019 1:47 AM

Trump has 2 sisters....the entire family is scum.

by Anonymousreply 457March 10, 2019 1:49 AM

R452, I posted that about KAC, but I love your theory more, HA!! I’ll buy you dinner if he leaves her, we can make a toast over her public destruction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 10, 2019 1:55 AM

[quote]Kellyanne is the beast who wore the nutcracker designer outfit to the inauguration.

At the time it was being compared with a Hot Dog on a Stick uniform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459March 10, 2019 2:09 AM

That outfit was a High Crime.

by Anonymousreply 460March 10, 2019 2:11 AM

One of us gays had it in for her when he dressed her in that. He didn’t just make her look bad, he made her look ridiculous.

Good job, unknown gay.

by Anonymousreply 461March 10, 2019 2:39 AM

Harvard Law Professor Predicts Jared Kushner Will Be Exposed as ‘Insatiably Greedy Benedict Arnold’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462March 10, 2019 3:02 AM

r462, #1 on the list of why Ivankie married him.

by Anonymousreply 463March 10, 2019 3:07 AM

R458 That's how you dress when the gays have abandoned you.

by Anonymousreply 464March 10, 2019 3:32 AM

The killing part is that Gucci made that mess.

by Anonymousreply 465March 10, 2019 4:43 AM

MSNBC is reporting on Trump's rub-n-tug connections. God, I hope this gets traction.

by Anonymousreply 466March 10, 2019 12:06 PM

You're really good at missing the point, r433.

by Anonymousreply 467March 10, 2019 12:34 PM

Miz Lindz has sneaked off to Israel to see Netanyahu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 10, 2019 1:27 PM

Since these threads are just catch-alls for anything now:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 10, 2019 2:45 PM

r469, this is what we're up against.

and so far, we are LOSING.

by Anonymousreply 470March 10, 2019 2:49 PM

[quote]The one thing that might make them change their minds is if it is discovered that Trump forced one of his bimbos into having an abortion.

That wouldn't faze them a bit -- they'd just resort to their "He's just like King David," inanity, claiming Trump is a flawed man that God is using to redeem the U.S.

Seriously, that's what they say.

by Anonymousreply 471March 10, 2019 3:17 PM

No r470, we are not. Just because you can feel the current doesn’t mean it will wash you away.

by Anonymousreply 472March 10, 2019 3:17 PM

[quote]I'm sorry but if this is a game to "shield" Kellyanne, it's pretty dumb and somebody in media or government would leak it.

The media gets many of their administration leaks directly from KellyAnne, no journalists are going to throw her to the wolves.

And she's going to use the fact of her leaking potentially damaging Trump stories, coupled with hubby George's tweets, to try and remain a political force after Trump is gone. And it will likely work, given how dirty politics is.

by Anonymousreply 473March 10, 2019 3:19 PM

There’s a reason KellyAnne can snap her fingers and get all the media access she wants despite being a nasty liar who insults anyone who pushes back on her bullshit. She’s a well-connected insider who trades leaks for camera time. No one in the press is going to “expose” her because they don’t want to lose access.

by Anonymousreply 474March 10, 2019 4:19 PM

KAC has damaged her reputation, but CNN will hire her in 2020 in the event Trump loses reelection.

by Anonymousreply 475March 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Like I said, she *can't* be the Kissinger in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 476March 10, 2019 4:52 PM

Is it true that the Final Report from Mueller is coming out later this month?

by Anonymousreply 477March 10, 2019 4:54 PM

I thought KAC had her own series of threads.

[Quote] Is it true that the Final Report from Mueller is coming out later this month?

Ask the February Troll, troll.

by Anonymousreply 478March 10, 2019 4:55 PM

R477,I think it depends on how many more indictments are coming out. I do know that if Barr attempts to block the indictments, Mueller will have to report to Congress on that. My personal theory is that when Mueller reaches the point where he has indictments for Don, Jr. and Jared, (and Ivanka) and other big enchiladas like maybe even Trump himself, his report will be ready and he will wrap about ten minutes before he is fired. LOL! But if he has more "lesser indictments" like Parscale, Bannon, the MErcers, and others involved with Cambridge Anal, then it could be a few more weeks. He's been very strategic about how he is staging his indictments. Timing is everything. I cannot wait to see what's up with the sealed indictments. IMO I bet it is for additional charges against Flynn and other people directly related to Trump's guilt. He's not giving away anything until eh is ready.

by Anonymousreply 479March 10, 2019 5:04 PM

Aren't there 1,200 sealed indictments just waiting to be sprung open for Hillary, Obama, Huma, Chelsea and the rest of the Deep State?

Mueller and Trump working together to defeat Hillary's Cabal!

by Anonymousreply 480March 10, 2019 5:07 PM

[quote]Is it true that the Final Report from Mueller is coming out later this month?

Whaddya talking about?! It’s already out. I read it, didn’t you? All it says is that Donald Trump is making America great again. Oh, and it turns out Hillary smuggled uranium into Russia up inside her lady parts. But that’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 481March 10, 2019 6:48 PM

Garrett Graff, Mueller's de facto biographer, tells a revealing story of encountering Mueller during his investigation of the NFL's handling of the Ray Rice domestic violence scandal.

Graff asks Mueller about the investigation. Mueller indicates he's taking it one day at a time. The report drops an hour later.

What does this story reveal? Nobody knows anything about Mueller's timing.

by Anonymousreply 482March 10, 2019 6:56 PM

I'm convinced now the "intel grifter" folk have nothing but need to keep their hits going for some monetization and ego gratification and are now broken clocks.

Mueller Report Theme song:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 10, 2019 7:01 PM

R482, I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that if you look at the way they time and stagger the indictments, and you look at who has been indicted it's possible, just based on what any good prosecutor would do, to predict when Mueller will w rap his part up. Ans All I was saying is that he has a strategy and as it unfolds you can sort of predict how it will go. He will file charges against the biggest fish towards the end, then wrap and write his report. I'm not "predicting" so much as deducing...

by Anonymousreply 484March 10, 2019 8:15 PM

I don't disagree with your point either, r484.

I think it's possible we'll see major referrals at the end of Mueller's probe too.

by Anonymousreply 485March 10, 2019 8:22 PM

What caught my eye in R468's link to the story about Netanyahu hosting Miss Graham in Israel: "Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is scheduled to arrive the following week."

Bibi is really sucking up to the worst of the Right.

by Anonymousreply 486March 10, 2019 8:59 PM

If Kellyanne did anything illegal and the law finds out, her husband and his very public criticisms of Trump will not help her. There is defense-building to come of George’s Tweets. That makes absolutely no sense.

If Kellyanne did anything wrong, the only thing that will help her is if she cooperates significantly with prosecutors and gives up testimony or documents. I have absolutely no clue what you “George is building a future defense for her” people are thinking, no matter how many posts I read here to that effect.

Yes, Kellyanne in the future saying “I was against Trump all along, as was my husband” could help her to continue to get *work* as a pollster, pundit, campaign manager, Whatever. But that is completely separate from legal protection.

by Anonymousreply 487March 10, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote]There is defense-building to come of George’s Tweets.

Sorry, I have no idea what I was really trying to type with that sentence, but obviously it came out wrong. Disregard that part.

by Anonymousreply 488March 10, 2019 9:07 PM

Did Kellyanne's New Jersey/Philly Italian mob family have anything to say when she brought home her Filipino FTM lesbian boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 489March 10, 2019 10:44 PM

Another thing about Kellyanne - every anti-Trump effort she may make to salvage her reputation and get work post-Trump will bring Magat wrath down on her. If she's culpable of anything Mueller can get her for, of course she'll throw Trump under the bus. But if she sakes, I doubt she'd turn on Trump. She wouldn't have to. CNN would still snap her up in a heartbeat. They can't get enough of former Trump staffers.

by Anonymousreply 490March 10, 2019 10:57 PM

Skates not sakes.

by Anonymousreply 491March 10, 2019 10:58 PM

CNBC: A mysterious payment to Paul Manafort's lawyer reveals a hidden chapter of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 10, 2019 11:12 PM

That judge better through a decade on Manafort's ass next week!

by Anonymousreply 493March 10, 2019 11:15 PM

Off topic and I have no idea what the context is...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 10, 2019 11:18 PM

Jesus, that article @ r492. I feel like my brain's going to explode. Did we know all that before?

by Anonymousreply 495March 10, 2019 11:24 PM

R494 ..... that could stop a clock, or a heart.

by Anonymousreply 496March 10, 2019 11:42 PM

I am convinced John King (CNN) and Chuck Todd (MSNBC) are Republicans and try to "normalize" Trump while dissing Democrats. Are they trying to be Fox and Friends Lite.

I had to turn both off today.

by Anonymousreply 497March 11, 2019 12:02 AM

? after Lite ^

by Anonymousreply 498March 11, 2019 12:04 AM

Let go Gym Jordan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499March 11, 2019 12:38 AM

Riddle me this...Trump had a major issue with McCabe because his wife was running for a republican seat in the Virginia State House and took a campaign contribution from a PAC associated with the former governor of Virginia who was also a friend of Hillary Clinton's. Trump has an issue with Bruce Ohr, the long time DOJ official whose wife, Nellie Ohr, is a consultant who specializes in Russia and worked for Fusion GPS, the firm associated with Steele’s research. Trump is paranoid so I understand why these two situations set him off. Why then, doesn't the fact that the husband of one of his top advisors is an outspoken critic send Trump off the deep end as well. Personally, I have never heard either McCabe's wife or Ohr's wife say anything negative about Trump but George Conway is on Twitter all the time bashing the president. It doesn't make sense. Does KellyAnn have something on him? Is she providing him with a little rub-n-tug at night when Melania is away? Trump isn't complex. There has to be a reason why he so easily ignores George Conway. His skin is ultra thin. Why does George get away with it and KellyAnn not fired? Something doesn't smell right...

by Anonymousreply 500March 11, 2019 1:29 AM

r500 George Conway either was or still is a member of The Federalist Society. Also the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal first broke on The Drudge Report, because leaked pictures were sent to Matt Drudge by Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George Conway.

by Anonymousreply 501March 11, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]Does KellyAnn have something on him?

They both work for he same money spigots.

by Anonymousreply 502March 11, 2019 1:51 AM

Kelly Anne is very close to Rebekkah Mercer. THey're very good friends. She has done work for the Mercers over the years. If Kelly Anne finds herself in Mueller's crosshairs, George Conway can honestly say he distanced himself and knew nothing. I might be mistaken, but before she started working for Trump she was on TV regularly, criticizing him, and I think she was working for Ted Cruz at the time. She is one of several people who transferred loyalties from Ted to Donald.

by Anonymousreply 503March 11, 2019 2:21 AM

Those tweets at R462 about Jared Kushner are frightening.

by Anonymousreply 504March 11, 2019 2:43 AM

R500, McCabe worked out of the SDNY and handled investigations into the Russian Mob. He was also head of the counter terrorist division and lead the Boston MArathon bombing investigation among other things. Trump's visceral hatred of people always leads back to some kind of Russian involvement. Always. As for Kelly Anne, I would not be surprised at all if she has aspecialset of custom made knee pads in her office for the times Trump summons her for "executive time."

by Anonymousreply 505March 11, 2019 3:21 AM

Hope Hicks is gone, and those pants aren't going to steam themselves.

by Anonymousreply 506March 11, 2019 3:36 AM

Yeah. Hope Hicks is not in charge of Public Relations for 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 507March 11, 2019 3:40 AM

Whoa. I meant Hope Hicks is NOW in charge of. She IS in charge.

by Anonymousreply 508March 11, 2019 3:42 AM

If Tom Steyer wants to do some good he needs to buy up media to compete with Murdoch who has ruined the world over. Conservatism needs propaganda because otherwise it doesn't work and is unpopular.

by Anonymousreply 509March 11, 2019 3:46 AM

Crazy, speculative article. But not so crazy, because it’s all believable. Someone else not affiliated with this publication wrote on Twitter tonight that Mueller has indeed submitted his report to Barr, and Barr and he are currently in disagreement about indicting Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510March 11, 2019 3:46 AM

Trump, Junior, and Eric have all criticized George Conway in terms of his contrary tweets about Trump, claiming they are disrespecting his wife, Kellyanne. She responded to it as having differing and Independent views and saw his tweets as an annoyance. However, Trump didn't rage about George's tweets extensively, compared to his rants about other adversaries.

The Conways are big in the power-establishment cocktail circuit. George is is not the MAGA type of Republican. He's the wealthy, corporate-favoring, country-club type. His clients are largely affluent. Disassociating himself from crude Trump antics, illegal activities, and scandals, helps Conway's business interests and maintaining his status with prominent conservative societies and business organizations.

Kellyanne is a pollster and "hired help" to get Republicans elected. Trump stays in campaign mode so she, as a seasoned strategist, is useful for him. Kellyanne in 2016 switched from Ted Cruz to Trump, once it was evident Cruz would not get the GOP nomination. Before switching to Trump, she was frequently critical of him during her yapping interviews.

Kellyanne is kept because she knows much about Trump's dirt, is valued for spinning messaging, and is close to Rebekah Mercer and her family's political and questionable monetary influences. Steve Bannon was associated with the Mercers as well.

Trump fears terminating Kellyanne from the WH. She is a known leaker. But "part" of that leaking is in behalf of Trump. She has her prominent contacts in the media, and they won't betray the confidential source because she keeps feeding them information. In all this, she is trying to protect herself and cover all the bases. She had her hands in much of the Trump campaign mess of which some sordid things happened. We'll see, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 511March 11, 2019 3:47 AM

I was take that article with a grain of salt but I do think Mueller has enough to indict Pres Bone Spurs a hundred times over and I do believe he will.

by Anonymousreply 512March 11, 2019 3:54 AM

What's the creepy Steven Miller been up to lately? I don't see his name in the news much but you just know he's in the WH doing evil.

by Anonymousreply 513March 11, 2019 3:57 AM

“You won’t get 88 cents from me, Rose”!

Here we go. Another round of the art of the mis-deal. Happening tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 11, 2019 4:25 AM

[quote]Yeah. Hope Hicks is not in charge of Public Relations for 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News.

How come 20th Century Fox isn't held more responsible for their ownership of Fox News? Why aren't we boycotting everything they produce?

by Anonymousreply 515March 11, 2019 5:29 AM

HOPE HICKS SUX DICKS

by Anonymousreply 516March 11, 2019 6:05 AM

WTF r514?

That fat fool just declared an "emergency" to get his fucking wall money. Why the fuck is he back asking Congress for more?

He's fucking retarded.

by Anonymousreply 517March 11, 2019 6:12 AM

Is it Trump's art of the deal greatness that makes him think that asking for $9billion instead of $5billion for his stupid wall will work? I swear, the moron thinks that if he asks for $9billion the Democrats will start at $0 and then compromise at the $5billion he originally wanted because he's playing them. "They'll never figure out my genius plan!"

by Anonymousreply 518March 11, 2019 6:36 AM

r516, she is a conundrum.

Hope Hicks fucks cunts and isn't a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 519March 11, 2019 7:35 AM

Kellyanne Conway and her husband George pander to two different demographics. They are as much as snake oil salesmen as any other political pundit selling the propaganda of their bosses.

by Anonymousreply 520March 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Revisiting R510's post because, while I believe it's too good to be true, it's a fun fantasy to indulge in:

Several sources tell Cockburn that the Special Counsel has indeed completed his report. It is said to recommend indicting three of President Trump’s children – Don junior, Ivanka and Eric – as well as his son-in-law, Jared Kushner. The Attorney General, William Barr, is said to have ‘silently assented’ to this. It’s also claimed that Mueller wants President Trump himself to be indicted. Barr is said to oppose this. The two men met on Friday but apparently could not agree and this was the reason for the delay in any announcement from the DoJ. At least this is what the sources say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 11, 2019 2:18 PM

Politico: The week that could reveal Mueller’s end-game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 11, 2019 2:34 PM

Wow, R510 KEEPS linking to Right Wing Conservative sites just like before.

He is also the "disappointed with Mueller" troll.

He's hard at work sowing the seeds.

by Anonymousreply 523March 11, 2019 2:35 PM

R523, thanks. Blocked R510.

by Anonymousreply 524March 11, 2019 2:49 PM

WtF!!! I am NOT the “disappointed with Mueller” troll! I am the furthest thing from right wing, or any kind of troll. Troll-dar me if you want. I use the same iPhone all the time. I just shared what I read from one guy on Twitter who, as far as I know, is NOT a right winger.

What other posts of mine linked to right wing sites, R523? You say I “KEEP linking” to them. I shared the SpectatorUS article because it was good gossip and I had no idea it was a right wing site.

Ugh. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 525March 11, 2019 3:17 PM

Not trolling (block me and check my history if you don't believe me), but I'm worried that the wall stuff and the "Dems are anti-Semitic socialists stuff" from Trump and the rest of the cult might snowball and become a huge challenge to the Dem presidential candidate in the 2020 election.

Fox News is a given, but I'm worried that the snowballing will be aided by Times, which is ways looking for a story to blow up to both-sides things, and for CNN, which wants to stir up more on-air yelling between pundits.

I'm just thinking that's where it's going . I'm watching MSNBC this morning, and the guests are saying that the wall, socialism, and Israel are going to be huge issues that Trump will make the center of his campaign.

I don't know what to do with this, except maybe to support a more centrist Dem for president, thought I want Harris/Beto as the ticket for now.

by Anonymousreply 526March 11, 2019 3:17 PM

Look at R526, “concern trolling” again! He KEEPS sowing the seeds!

Just kidding, R526. But that’s probably what R523 wants to say about you.

by Anonymousreply 527March 11, 2019 3:19 PM

You posted this Friday R510 R526 :

[Quote] Is anyone else disappointed that no indictments have been unsealed yet today? Ugh.

Plus, you continue to post links to drivel from Right Wing sites that you frequent.

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 528March 11, 2019 3:20 PM

Well just so you all know, I have r523 on block so what he's saying is already suspect as far as I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 529March 11, 2019 3:21 PM

R528. you're lying. I didn't post R510 at all. Look again.

I have R510 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 530March 11, 2019 3:21 PM

R529, you're right. R523 is a the "everyone is trolling" troll. Also lied at R528 also. He's trying to get everyone to block everyone else so there's less discussion and sharing of news. I've blocked R523. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 531March 11, 2019 3:23 PM

R525 and R527 are the same poster. Defending himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 11, 2019 3:26 PM

R528, you’re a fucking moron.

Yes I was disappointed that there weren’t indictments on Friday. Wasn’t everyone? It’s called Indictment Friday for a reason, and anticipation is building. I am not “disappointed in Mueller”. There’s a huge difference.

And I don’t “frequent” right wing websites. I don’t even visit them occasionally. I follow certain people on Twitter who claim to have inside information, and as far as I can tell, THEY are not disinformation trolls.

What is the problem with sharing a gossipy, “the word from my sources is” article about how the Trump kids are going to be indicted, and Mueller wants to indict Trump, too? Look, I’m sorry, I won’t share any more articles that aren’t from trusted, major news sources. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 533March 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Yes, I am both R525 and R527, as well as R510 and R533.

So?

by Anonymousreply 534March 11, 2019 3:28 PM

ANYONE who posts links to right wing sites, if not a legit troll, is no better than a troll. They're just dumb enough to do it for free. If posting something from one of those toxic sites is important (it rarely is), then take a screencap of it. Posting links is intentionally trying to bring traffic and revenue to a site. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 535March 11, 2019 3:28 PM

R528's the one to block.

by Anonymousreply 536March 11, 2019 3:30 PM

Fine, R535. Did you miss the part where I said I didn’t fucking know it was a right wing site? Why would I think that a right wing site would be posting about plans to indict Trump and all his kids?

by Anonymousreply 537March 11, 2019 3:30 PM

Yes, you’re right R536. I’m blocking R528 now. Way too fucking unhinged. Not everyone is a disinformation troll. What a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 538March 11, 2019 3:31 PM

r528 is a troll and an instigator.

Look how he got all of us fighting and accusing each other.

He revels in it.

by Anonymousreply 539March 11, 2019 3:35 PM

R539, I don't even see him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 540March 11, 2019 3:37 PM

Of the three town hall presentations on CNN last night (Sunday), I was most impressed with Pete Buttigieg, the South Bend mayor. He is very smart, articulate, well-prepared, and provided fiscal details and direct answers. He nailed Mike Pence and used biblical scripture in doing so.

He gets dismissed because he is gay, young (37), has an odd last name, and is not a Governor or Congressman.

I like him. I hope to see his support grow and he becomes formidable in this process

by Anonymousreply 541March 11, 2019 3:38 PM

If you're in the mood to be lied to, Sarah Sanders is doing a a press briefing this afternoon at 2 EST -- her first since January 28.

by Anonymousreply 542March 11, 2019 3:39 PM

Is her other eye expected to show up at 2:05 EST, R542?

by Anonymousreply 543March 11, 2019 3:46 PM

People on MSNBC, etc. are saying Judge Jackson will throw the book on Mueller, giving at least 8 years consecutive to the Ellis 47 months (the max is 10, two five-year terms consecutive). I'm not so sure. Something about the way she's dealing with Roger Stone suggests that she's a bit wary of being "harsh."

Stone has a hearing today about his violation of the gag order (e.g., a new book coming out) with Judge Jackson, but I'm pretty sure that she's not sending him to jail/prison for violating the gag order. My impressions is that doesn't have "it" when it comes to throwing the book at people.

by Anonymousreply 544March 11, 2019 3:49 PM

That is a true W/W, r543!

by Anonymousreply 545March 11, 2019 3:54 PM

Cindy Yang has ties to the Chinese government. I'm shocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 11, 2019 4:50 PM

The SHS briefing will include the Acting Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Russell Vought.

I have never heard Sarah say anything at these press conferences that are true enlightenment.

She delivers bullshit, lies, and deflection. The press corps plays up these sessions so they can be featured in being inquisitive; but the best they can sometimes get is exposing some Trump/administration contradictions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 11, 2019 5:20 PM

Trump's budget proposal calls for cutting $845,000,000,000 from Medicare, according to WaPo.

That alone should propel Dems to victory in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 548March 11, 2019 5:25 PM

Like THAT is going to pass Pelosi!

by Anonymousreply 549March 11, 2019 5:30 PM

Some 20 and 30 yr olds sit there when you talk about Medicare cuts and think it doesn't concern them. How short sighted and wrong they are. If he cuts Medicare we will all pay for it both directly and indirectly.

by Anonymousreply 550March 11, 2019 5:31 PM

[quote]Like THAT is going to pass Pelosi!

Of course not. Which is why it's even dumber for Trump to commit it to paper. The ads practically write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 551March 11, 2019 5:33 PM

Trump’s “Budget for a Better America” also includes dozens of spending cuts and policy overhauls that frame the early stages of the debate for the 2020 election. For example, Trump calls for cutting $845 billion from Medicare, the popular health care program for the elderly that in the past he had largely said he would protect.

His budget would also propose a major overhaul of Medicaid, the health care program for low-income Americans run jointly with states, by turning more power over to states. This would cut spending by $241 billion over 10 years.

....per usual, I am curious about which America he is trying to make better - he sure as HELL is failing at this one!

by Anonymousreply 552March 11, 2019 5:33 PM

Cuts to Medicare will hurt his numbers?

Since when do we start overestimating how stupid Deplorables are?

by Anonymousreply 553March 11, 2019 5:37 PM

*underestimating how stupid they are.

by Anonymousreply 554March 11, 2019 5:38 PM

He also wants to cut food stamps by drug testing people on food stamps and he wants to give boxed food to people instead of people going to the grocery store and getting their own food.

by Anonymousreply 555March 11, 2019 5:41 PM

Drug testing and boxed food sounds like it could be pricey, perhaps more expensive than what's already in place.

by Anonymousreply 556March 11, 2019 5:48 PM

R556, think of the expanded private contracting/graft prospects.

by Anonymousreply 557March 11, 2019 5:50 PM

Boxed food? So what? Don't young people like Blue Apron and such things?

by Anonymousreply 558March 11, 2019 5:56 PM

Good point r557.

And at the risk of sounding Frau-ish, what about the children of these people who flunk drug tests? Let them eat cake?

by Anonymousreply 559March 11, 2019 5:57 PM

Is this the week Stone is thrown in jail?

by Anonymousreply 560March 11, 2019 5:58 PM

And throw away the key, already!

by Anonymousreply 561March 11, 2019 6:01 PM

Dragon Lady Happy Ending Mogul Infiltrate Trump World? Sum Ting Wong!

by Anonymousreply 562March 11, 2019 6:01 PM

Well, R559, we DO have all those child-sized cages.

by Anonymousreply 563March 11, 2019 6:03 PM

They aren't cages! They're... they're... detention cells!

by Anonymousreply 564March 11, 2019 6:08 PM

when the fuck is Corsi getting indicted

by Anonymousreply 565March 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Snippet from the article:

[quote]Conveniently, Rick Scott pushed mandatory drug testing—provided, in part, by his wife’s company, Solantic⁠. Scott transferred his $62 million stake⁠ in the company to his wife only a few months before mandating drug testing for state employees and welfare recipients. Many companies provide drug testing⁠, including Quest, LabCorps, Roche, and Mobile Diagnostic Testing. There are programs by DATIA and others on how to start your own testing business or become a contractor⁠.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Is anyone going after Pam Bondi?

by Anonymousreply 567March 11, 2019 6:12 PM

They're not "cages." They are Puppy Empathy Playhouses.

by Anonymousreply 568March 11, 2019 6:12 PM

There are no white children in those playhouses, right?

by Anonymousreply 569March 11, 2019 6:13 PM

No, white children aren't allowed to have fun in government playhouses. They have to stay with their families and go to school and stuff.

by Anonymousreply 570March 11, 2019 6:16 PM

Are the non-white things in those cages even considered human?

by Anonymousreply 571March 11, 2019 6:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572March 11, 2019 6:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573March 11, 2019 6:35 PM

My GAWD, that hair is a High Crime.

by Anonymousreply 574March 11, 2019 6:37 PM

So 90% of Iowa Republicans want Trump to be "nice." They are lying. They love him because he says all the racist shit they want to, but can't in polite society.

by Anonymousreply 575March 11, 2019 6:37 PM

It's more like a summer camp, R564.

by Anonymousreply 576March 11, 2019 6:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577March 11, 2019 6:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578March 11, 2019 6:40 PM

House Ways and Means member Rep. Dan Kildee says that Congress will request Trump's tax returns within the next few days or weeks: "We're laying the factual basis to make it clear there's a public interest in having access to these returns." @Morning_Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 11, 2019 6:41 PM

Sarah Sanders: Democrats have no problem getting together and agreeing that a baby should be ripped from the mother's womb and killed but can't say that it's wrong to hate Jewish people.

by Anonymousreply 580March 11, 2019 6:44 PM

Republicans have no problem getting together and agreeing that it's perfectly fine for non-white babies to be ripped from their mother's arms and thrown in a cage so that it will never be reunited with its parents, but can't say that Nazi's are all bad people.

by Anonymousreply 581March 11, 2019 6:45 PM

I turned off the press conference, Sanders is a useless abomination. Her answers to questions are mostly "That's under review by" and "I'm not aware of" .

by Anonymousreply 582March 11, 2019 6:47 PM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 11, 2019 6:49 PM

So Trump is considering a pardon for Manafort.....this is going to get interesting real quick.

by Anonymousreply 584March 11, 2019 6:50 PM

Wait, can you elaborate r584? Is that was the Beast said? I didn’t watch....

by Anonymousreply 585March 11, 2019 6:53 PM

At this point how does giving Manafort a pardon benefit Dotard? Wouldn't it just make Dotard look guiltier?

Nevermind, I briefly forgot that Deplorables don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 586March 11, 2019 6:55 PM

Whats to elaborate....Trump said hes considering a pardon for Manafort...but he hasnt made his mind up yet. Im sure he will make it up AFTER Manafort is sentenced this week. I wouldnt worry about it if NY is serious....it will create plenty of drama though.

by Anonymousreply 587March 11, 2019 6:56 PM

a bit off topic but can someone explain to me why Iowa is considered so important in elections and why it's 1 of the first stops for candidates? It's a tiny state that is mostly white and older. They don't represent the country at large, just older white people at large.

by Anonymousreply 588March 11, 2019 6:57 PM

[quote]They don't represent the country at large, just older white people at large.

And they seem to be getting larger by the day.

by Anonymousreply 589March 11, 2019 6:58 PM

I'm not sure why, but the Iowa caucus is the first event in primary season. Can anyone explain why Iowa goes first?

by Anonymousreply 590March 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Google, "Why is the Iowa caucus so important?": After the 1968 Democratic National Convention protest activity, the Democratic Party decided to make changes to their presidential nominating process by spreading out the schedule in each state. ... In 1972, Iowa was the first state to hold their Democratic caucus, and had the first Republican caucus four years later.

by Anonymousreply 591March 11, 2019 7:01 PM

Sarah said Trump will make a decision about pardons "when he's ready."

by Anonymousreply 592March 11, 2019 7:05 PM

R580 what a vile human being she is. I have never, ever heard anyone but Republicans speak like that.

by Anonymousreply 593March 11, 2019 7:05 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 594March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 595March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 596March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

out

by Anonymousreply 597March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

Use

by Anonymousreply 598March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

link

by Anonymousreply 599March 11, 2019 7:08 PM

below

by Anonymousreply 600March 11, 2019 7:09 PM

Link for new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601March 11, 2019 7:09 PM

We know Trump's brain is like a cork on a choppy sea. Troops out of Syria, no wait, they're staying. Not a shred of integrity. Wrongness as performance art. Hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 602March 11, 2019 7:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!