Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Closeted Gay Sam Heughan New Threads- Part 3

Carry on. Report: Marvel Wants an Openly Gay Actor to Lead The Eternals.-

[quote] “As it turns out, that future is nearly upon us as the studio searches for an actor, 30-49, who ‘physically looks like a superhero’ for one of the film’s leads,” reports The Hashtag Show. “While the studio is open to actors of all ethnicity, they would prefer the role to go to an openly gay actor.”

[quote]Yep, Heughan and his team fucked up. He could have gone from BatSam to being the first gay superhero. Now, someone truly out and proud and worthy will get the honor. Wonder who it will be.

[quote]Sam would be perfect for this role. He's 38. looks like a superhero. he already played Batman on stage and confirmed that there's nothing straight about his Bat....xd

[quote]Sam was openly gay before Outlander, when he was a theatre actor in England. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 1918 hours ago

Link to the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 103/04/2019

The old threads are still up in the Datalounge archive, although certain shills and homophobic trolls have spent months trying to derail and close down these discussions.

by Anonymousreply 203/04/2019

so if Sam got the part for this movie where would he go after that? Most of all of the other options would then be closed to him.

by Anonymousreply 303/05/2019

You can either cower like a thirsty, selfish wimp and let Homophobic Hollywood ‘put you in a box’ and dictate your destiny or you can carve your own path without compromising your values or harming others; one that sets an example and helps pave the way for LGBT actors coming up.

by Anonymousreply 403/05/2019

What he (all gay and straight actors) need are cool interesting complex characters... Supporting and lead that happen to be gay. Overt and proud or just quietly going about life with a male partner/lover life support/family. End of day it isn't entirely all down on Sam. He may want nothing more than to be out but, whilst modern equality employment laws would disallow prejudice from studios.. Actually enabling him to use publicity platform of their projects to come out would be distracting I suppose. No one wants it on their watch... If you're promoting a block buster you don't want a distracting relationship or particular true life issue in one of your puppets upstaging your story and all the hard work by everyone to tell it. I guess, it gets harder and harder to find a platform where you are allowed to be so egocentric as to presume anyone cares who you fancy and tell the world. 😑 He needs a break from work and commitment to various money making enterprises, in order to do a real life insightful piece about himself, what makes him tick and then he could include relationshio/sexuality. BUT- he's not going yo stop working, promoting and taki g the paycheck at 39... He could at any time have a yawning gap of enforced retirement to pay for. I love the Goss but a reality check is a good idea occasionally, especially when the vilification of the titular object of the thread is so horrendous it causes in fighting and nastiness. First timer... Fire away at leisure.

by Anonymousreply 503/05/2019

Sam leaving Nevada

by Anonymousreply 603/05/2019

R5 Spare us the long-winded blather about how impractical it would be for Heughan to come out. He was openly gay and should never have closeted to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 703/05/2019

R6 Product placement for ‘car model’ Sam to $hamelessly $hill one of the world’s most unreliable automobile brands. smh

by Anonymousreply 803/05/2019

r7 Fully agree. A reality check is indeed a good idea, and more than occasionally. Members of the gay community and supporters have to deal with homophobia all the time, often on a daily basis - THAT's reality, and HW perpetuates this homophobia by making being gay something shameful, something to be hidden/denied. Gay actors who undertake bearding, straightwashing, denials, showmances etc only help to perpetuate this system, even though they may do so with great reluctance and even heartache. As for the titular object of the thread being subject to horrendous vilification, no - he is called out (I would bet that quite a few posters have a great deal of sympathy for him , but he is still playing the HW game).

by Anonymousreply 903/05/2019

I don't blame him for shilling. Over half an actors income goes to Management, Pr, Internet cleaners etc. We knew someone in the industry who said a lot most actors couldn't survive or stockpile savings if they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 1003/05/2019

[quote]Heughan looks best when he ditches the masculine wannabe scruff and goes back to his sleek, natural androgyny.

[quote]I agree! Love his androgynous natural look, he looks good with it. The try too hard scruffy man look is just blah for him, looks too much like so many other actors that way.

His natural androgyny.....

by Anonymousreply 1103/05/2019

[R9] No you are right, sorry. I was just trying to alleviate some of responsibility from his shoulders. It is pants and unacceptable and the industry needs to change and that can only happen if people refuse to play the game. It can see why that isn't happening though.. Lots to ask individual to take the hit when they get the break finally. I can see why they'd take the cash and come out after the fact. But you are morally /ethically right.

by Anonymousreply 1203/05/2019

Heughan had his big chance to prove his leading man chops in a mainstream HW movie and he phoned it in. Did he think it was just about how high he could jump or shoot a gun? He brought zero charisma, passion and believability to the character. And don't try to blame the shitty writing. A good actor elevates the part. smh

by Anonymousreply 1303/05/2019

There was such a lack of charisma between him and Mila Kunis. The movie wasn’t a succes here and I didn’t like it myself either.

by Anonymousreply 1403/06/2019

I thought the movie was a bit of light hearted fun. It provided escapism with laughs. There have been far worse. Plus he’s always good eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/06/2019

Most actors get their big breaks in silly, lighthearted vehicles. But when you get your moment you milk it for all its worth and try to be memorable or stand out in some way. Heughan never even got mentioned in the reviews. He was eminently forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 1603/06/2019

R15, Agree. And I think that Sam was the best thing of that silly movie.

More pics of androgynous Sam.

by Anonymousreply 1703/06/2019

Will we ever almost know the real truth about Sam?

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2019

Maybe when Outlander ends after book 9. He’s probably had to agree to keep his private life private when he’s signed on the dotted line. He’s always dropped hints. But the outlander fandom consists of thousands of ridiculous and homophobic American women. Who are too stupid to realise Jamie Fraser is an actor named Sam. And they will never get these hints and say how adorable he is. The shippers are the worst. They actually believe Jamie and Claire are together in real life. Spare us!

by Anonymousreply 1903/06/2019

Related: I guess the DC Universe has had gay superheroes for awhile now. DL fave, Matt Bomer carefully considered the role before taking on gay superhero Larry Trainor in TV's "Doom Patrol"...

[quote]“I’d never really seen a gay male superhero and what I love most about the character is that even though it’s a huge struggle internally for him, it’s not the sole thing that defines who he is, he’s such a multifaceted character, if it was just one stereotypical aspect of him I would have had reservations about it.”

Bomer, who's just been cast as the lead in the 3rd season of "The Sinner" has always had his priorities straight (from IMDB)...

[quote] I've never cared about how successful or how big I was going to be. I just wanted to be part of a story that affected people, made them laugh or cry. To me, that was more important than having my face on some billboard.

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2019

r19 Sometimes the biggest shipper has been SH himself - it suited him to hide behind a 'showmance' , even when he had a fauxmance going at the same time, and he didn't want to do that interview that denied that they were together (maybe Balfe finally put her foot down). He continued to drop 'we are together and we work together' hints and was still at it even up to a year ago. And the hearts eyes, the draping himself over her, the innuendo took quite a while to really taper right off. Initially neither he nor Balfe probably had any idea at all just how bizarre and strange some of the fans could be (who would?). But then he did realise how some of them would react, and misinterpret, and extrapolate into their odd fantasies, and he played it - damn good cover.

by Anonymousreply 2103/06/2019

r21. Exactly that and this is where he has painted himself into a corner. He pushed the SamCait showmance so hard and for so long, still at it to a lesser extent now, it’ll be hard to come out and be himself with his integrity intact. Straight after the famous denial interview, at which he looked very uncomfortable, he was back with innuendo. Balfe could knock the whole shipping thing on the head if she was a little more forthcoming about her fiancé. They may be too worried to lose the shippers after a bad s4 was panned by critics.

by Anonymousreply 2203/06/2019

True though it seems the fiancee doesn’t like public attention at all. Maybe that’s the reason.

Lynnette Rice talked about the shippers and their horrible effect on cast and crew. She also said Sam and Caitriona were seeing other people....so does Sam have currently have a boyfriend? I sure hope so

by Anonymousreply 2303/07/2019

I think it would be hard to sustain any meaningful relationship with the amount he travels, the hours he works and all his business and fitness interests.

by Anonymousreply 2403/07/2019

There are plenty of others with far busier schedules than Sam who make relationships work.

by Anonymousreply 2503/07/2019

Pedo thre—whoops, wrong one. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 2603/07/2019

[quote]"Did anyone else read the comments to SH's photos on this personal FB page(not the commercial one))? I just read the comments on a photo of him as Bruce Wayne, a photo from 3 years ago and there is a guy called Keith Kikki Fleming who said "El Divo..?1 x" and Ian Skewis said: "Yum". and "are you Madonna?;)" To me this definitely suggest people know he is gay. Also a comment on another photo from a guy called Mark: "Fuck me Heughan. I think I may be on the turn!! Lookin'good &thrilled you are smashing it x" and another "Sam you are such a hunk after Batman, it could turn me"

[quote]"Definitely NOT comments a straight guy would make to another straight"

[quote]"here is also one from an elder woman (lesbian?) concerning his skipping pic "Keep skipping, big girl".

by Anonymousreply 2703/07/2019

You make time for what you prioritize. If a relationship was important, it would happen. Both people make adjustments to make the relationship successful.

by Anonymousreply 2803/07/2019

My heart of hearts tells me he has somebody ... in London ? Also an actor or writer or something to do with the entertainment industry. I’m only surmising as eho would really know but in my mind there is no way a hot guylike that has no love interest. He’s just a little bit too cute.

by Anonymousreply 2903/07/2019

R29 I agree. I also believe Sam has a BF/Lover in London.

People have the assumption that Sam is extremely Scottish, but he’s not. He only moved back to Scotland to Film Outlander. For 10-15 years he lived in London.

by Anonymousreply 3003/07/2019

R27 exactly!

by Anonymousreply 3103/07/2019

Attn: Sam Heughan

Don’t be a hypocrite! If you’re asking your followers to do something, shouldn’t you do the same! Are you too good to become a stem cell donor and save Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 3203/07/2019

Why are you assuming he is not a donor? He does a lot for medical charity. More than most actors. He runs marathons to raise money and gives up his time to visit hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 3303/07/2019

FWIW - Pretty sure he's been registered on the potential donor rolls for a while. Matches are far from automatic (I know; I've donated in the US - I was on the donor list for nearly 5 yrs before getting called out of the blue) Likely he donated bone marrow to either his father or brother when they were being treated for cancer. You can see the scar on his hip in the OL "Wedding Episode."

by Anonymousreply 3403/07/2019

The scar is visible in one of the latest paparazzi photos taken of him in America near the pool too. I don’t agree with those photos by the way. Stalking IMO as he didn’t know he was being photographed.

by Anonymousreply 3503/07/2019

R27 yes!! spot on!! and why would all this be deleted now I wonder.....not long after it was posted here. scrub scrub scrub

The scar could be anything

by Anonymousreply 3603/07/2019

R30 exactly

by Anonymousreply 3703/08/2019

R33 In his post he states “Its really easy, as I understand...” if he’d already done it, then he’d know and he wouldn’t have prefaced with As I Understand.

Sam uses his charities as a way to market himself and MPC. I’d like to know how much of Sam’s own money he personally donated to these causes last year.

by Anonymousreply 3803/08/2019

R38 good point

by Anonymousreply 3903/08/2019

Sam and Tobias...

by Anonymousreply 4003/08/2019

[R40] yep my friend I am not 100 % certain what YOU meant by this but if I am right then I agree. I think that has legs. 4 of them two in kilt two in tennis shorts 😊

by Anonymousreply 4103/08/2019

R33 I agree he uses his charities and MPC to further market himself. With the As I understand bit, I read it to mean he was saying he assumed anyone in the UK could be a donor. Thereby trying to promote his social media followers who reside in UK to become donors.

by Anonymousreply 4203/08/2019

If Ruby Rose wasn't openly gay, his homophobic fangurls would be already shipping Sam with her......lol

by Anonymousreply 4303/09/2019

Why would she want to add to the closeting one wonders.....

by Anonymousreply 4403/10/2019

r44 how is she adding to his closeting by being his friend? She’s not going to out him. No one would it’s his choice.

by Anonymousreply 4503/10/2019

[quote] She’s not going to out him. You can't out someone who was already out.

Fixed it!

by Anonymousreply 4603/10/2019

Thank you R46

by Anonymousreply 4703/10/2019

Thread greyed out already? Ever get the feeling you cunts are hated here? You are, in case you all are lying to yourselves, you homophobic cunts are totally hated

by Anonymousreply 4803/10/2019

🤦‍♂️ Troll R48

by Anonymousreply 4903/11/2019

The only thing greyed out here is the real homophobic troll who keeps trying to derail these threads ....xd

New pics of Gay Sam and his Barbour guys. Remember his interview in the Red Bull magazine? He longs for a private, quiet life, near a loch, a boat.....

by Anonymousreply 5003/11/2019

[quote] Balfe could knock the whole shipping thing on the head if she was a little more forthcoming about her fiancé. They may be too worried to lose the shippers after a bad s4 was panned by critics.

And, like Steven Cree, Cait has also outed Sam many times.....

by Anonymousreply 5103/12/2019

by Anonymousreply 5203/12/2019

Looks like the 'Win a Date' winner has been announced with a very short clip on You Tube - sparse details. Name Caitlin; sounds American (surprise); member of MPC (surprise); looks maybe late 20s/early 30s (although I'm not good at judging ages). Some sore losers snarling in comments already - probably a lot more of that to come for the poor woman. A lot of celebrities do this stuff but I'll bet not many of them really enjoy it - still, all helps with the hetero image.

by Anonymousreply 5303/12/2019

It’s just PR, the Omaze campaign. A way to give to charity. I don’t think Sam will give that much thought to it.

by Anonymousreply 5403/12/2019

Shes American from NY, and an MPC member. She’s allowed to bring a friend as Sam will have other responsibilities that evening with the gala. I’m sure there will be other people at the table too, wouldn’t be surprised to see JA! I’ll bet good money she’s had to sign privacy agreement and has received a list of topics to avoid in conversation! If I were her I’d go private on all SM now before the guns are cocked.

by Anonymousreply 5503/13/2019

R55 I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right

For Sam I hope she will bring her hottest gay male friend to the gala

And Sam is of course showing he is sponsored by New Balance in the announcement vid😏

by Anonymousreply 5603/13/2019

R56 Yep, our thirsty 'dream date' is product shilling his a$$ off. Omaze sounds like some kind of disgusting trans fat vegetable shortening.

by Anonymousreply 5703/13/2019

The winner is a Sam Cait shipper

by Anonymousreply 5803/13/2019

[quote]The winner is a Sam Cait shipper

Seriously? Don't those idiots believe Heughan is secretly married to Balfe? In which case, why would they fork over ca$h to Win a Dream Date with a Married Man? smh

by Anonymousreply 5903/13/2019

But they’ve discovered he’s back in Hawaii from the video. Tunagate round 2?

by Anonymousreply 6003/13/2019

And why would the guy ask us for dating advice? Creepy!

by Anonymousreply 6103/13/2019

Well, kids, it all starts with hard cruising at the gym...

by Anonymousreply 6203/13/2019

Where's my fucking Grindr hookup?

by Anonymousreply 6303/13/2019

R60 he isn’t back in Hawaii. They had the winner chosen while he was there and he filmed it then likely. His hair was recently butchered off my Melissa during oscars weekend. Just my opinion but I highly doubt he’s back in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 6403/13/2019

[quote]But they’ve discovered he’s back in Hawaii from the video. Tunagate round 2?

It would be a terrible choice.

[quote]His hair was recently butchered off my Melissa during oscars weekend.

That's what makes me think that the Omaze vid is recent. Look at the pics.

by Anonymousreply 6503/13/2019

His butchered hair in the Omaze vid.

by Anonymousreply 6603/13/2019

R63 probably not at the MPC gala :p

by Anonymousreply 6703/14/2019

He needs to fire his style team Melissa Adelaide and Monty Jackson but he’s too conflict avoidant. Maybe he can ask William Shatner to do it for him.

by Anonymousreply 6803/14/2019

He should stick with the Barbour stylist. The cute guy he was flirting with....

by Anonymousreply 6903/14/2019

[quote]He should stick with the Barbour stylist. The cute guy he was flirting with....

Oh, yes.....

by Anonymousreply 7003/14/2019

That’s a cute pic- we need more Sam flirting with other guys-

by Anonymousreply 7103/14/2019

R71 Before the PR fuckery started, and they 'put him into a box', Sam and hot French actor Stanley Weber were flirting with each other in twitter -and probably, on set.

Stanley saying to Sam that "he has a really inviting butt"......;)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by Anonymousreply 7203/14/2019

Sam flirting back.....

by Anonymousreply 7303/14/2019

More Sam/Stanley flirting....

by Anonymousreply 7403/14/2019

Sam and Toby...

by Anonymousreply 7503/14/2019

Bloody good times...

by Anonymousreply 7603/14/2019

SamToby selfie... #comicon2017

by Anonymousreply 7703/14/2019

This fan met Sam -who looked happy and gay- in Las Vegas, March 4th.

Love his tartan trousers.

by Anonymousreply 7803/15/2019

Tobias might not be gay bit they are still cute together. Beats any beardpic of Sam’s

by Anonymousreply 7903/15/2019

R79 Not quite but fun manip...

by Anonymousreply 8003/15/2019

It could’ve happened after the intense work they did on s1 😜

by Anonymousreply 8103/15/2019

R81 Possibly, but we're not "shippers." We're just calling out the steady stream of BS that Hollywood pukes out to oppress and exploit gay actors.

[quote] Lipman says young actors are more susceptible to being victimized if they're gay. "The first step is kind of instilling this idea that you must be closeted," he says

[quote]"It's an additional way to silence them because it's something that can be used against them if they were to speak out against their accuser, or to try to use their voice to challenge what happened."

by Anonymousreply 8203/15/2019

R82 it’s horrible though a young actor is one thing. Didn’t Sam reach a point in his career he could come out again? I mean even he wouldn’t get any more big roles he would be fine financially. All the endorsements, his companies, his work for RBS etc.

by Anonymousreply 8303/16/2019

R83 But Sam has said that he wants to be a movie star.

But he has also said -in the recent Red Bull interview- that he would love to go back to theatre and lead a quiet, private life near a loch, with a boat.....

by Anonymousreply 8403/16/2019

R84 I’m thinking the latter is more likely.

by Anonymousreply 8503/16/2019

Sam Pings! 4yrs ago

by Anonymousreply 8603/16/2019

R84 Barbour also gets that he looks better with his handsome, strong jaw exposed. The man should be clean-shaven...

by Anonymousreply 8703/16/2019

R87 not really shaven in the latest campaign ;)

R84 True. He seems to do things now mainly for $ as mentioned before. Apparantly what he has earned so far isn't enough to "retire" and/or come out....one would think it would be plenty.

by Anonymousreply 8803/17/2019

Diana interview in The Sunday Post.

About Sam.-

[quote]At base, he's the same person, he's very genuine . But he's now got much more reserved publicly. He keeps his private life, very private.

We knew Diana, we knew.....;)

by Anonymousreply 8903/17/2019

R89 indeed, no surprises there....

by Anonymousreply 9003/17/2019

If he’s wise the one person he’ll keep his private life from is Diana. The woman has no filter and is very attention seeking.

by Anonymousreply 9103/17/2019

[quote] But he's now got much more reserved publicly. He keeps his private life, very private.

And a straight actor wouldn't need all this hiding, secrecy, scrubbing, laughably fake relationships.....etc...etc

[quote]"With Heughan, we've seen his friends go dark on SM, we've seen him engage in laughably fake relationships with his co-star, friends and beards, we've seen him intimidated into babbling like a deer in the headlights when doing press (with his publicist babysitting him ) and basically driven into the Sunken Place of gay shame."

[quote]Any SM linking Sam with anything gay has been scrubbed!! All the gay roles on you tube under his name are gone.. except one.. If you go under any of his gay roles they are all “deleted”. His private FB gone.. that was the most telling with the comments. MPC members questioned it and people are saying his FB was “hijacked”.. lmao!! Even comments about him “possibly” being gay, on his biggest fan website have been deleted. People on the site were questioning why......

by Anonymousreply 9203/17/2019

[quote]He keeps his private life, very private.

In other words, IN THE CLOSET with the help of shills like Babbledon who have an interest in pushing Hetero Heughan to $ell the $how and by exten$ion, her tra$hy book$.

[quote]And a straight actor wouldn't need all this hiding, secrecy, scrubbing, laughably fake relationships

Exactly. Straight and openly gay guys are proud to show off their wives and partners. For security, they protect themselves with the usual guards, gates and cameras like other celebrities. "Private life private" is PR for people with something to hide, like employing Jennifer Allen who now babysits him during press tours.

by Anonymousreply 9303/17/2019

I wonder if this “awesome” career truly makes him happy. Money or not. He always says he was lucky, was he......He is always playing a role now(hetero Heughan) from the moment he steps out of his frontdoor every morning until he gets home again.

by Anonymousreply 9403/17/2019

Smilin' with the Barbour boys...

by Anonymousreply 9503/17/2019

R95. It's Brokeback Barbour.

by Anonymousreply 9603/17/2019

R96 good one, spot on!

by Anonymousreply 97Last Monday at 1:54 AM

You guys are very amusing,glad I stumbled across the site. Learnt a lot about what a horrid homophobic old world it still is!! Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 98Last Monday at 8:59 AM

Sam has just posted this pic of him on IG.

A Beautiful Gay Sailor....

by Anonymousreply 99Last Monday at 12:53 PM

Hahaha Maybe he felt gay fans were drifting away and threw us a bone. “Sammy”

by Anonymousreply 100Last Monday at 1:09 PM

R100 But you are not a gay man, you are a fucking stupid homophobic woman.

by Anonymousreply 101Last Monday at 1:12 PM

Or he is taking his Barbour pals for a gondola ride.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Monday at 1:51 PM

Ou la la! R99. Maybe this matelot has good onions?

by Anonymousreply 103Last Monday at 2:24 PM

Pleated pants...oy.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Monday at 2:42 PM

Part of his new Barbour collection?

by Anonymousreply 105Last Monday at 5:59 PM

The Barbour barber sure beats the barbaric barber, Melissa 'Scissorhands' Adelaide. He looks like he's in a WW II-era miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Monday at 7:40 PM

r105 Pretty sure that's an older photo (relatively). I think it was part of "The Rake" magazine shoot from last summer (?). which was part of the spy movie publicity campaign.

by Anonymousreply 107Last Monday at 8:07 PM

r106 …. a mini-series in which he must play a POW (?) Yeah, he looks awful -- not just the hair; but his face is gaunt and he has bags/dark circles under his eyes. That tuna trip really did him in. What ever he's up to has clearly taken its toll.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Monday at 8:12 PM

R99

R105, No, although it seems that Sam loves sailors striped t-shirts......XD

by Anonymousreply 109Last Monday at 8:35 PM

LOL Caitriona’s comment (“jazz hands”) to Sam’s IG photo that R99 shared

by Anonymousreply 110Last Monday at 9:10 PM

R107 Yes, it's from the Rake shoot last August.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Monday at 10:04 PM

[quote]I think it was part of "The Rake" magazine shoot from last summer (?). which was part of the spy movie publicity campaign.

Sammy looks sooooo gay in that pic- the opposite of what they really wanted for TSWDM PR campaign- that they have released it now....xd

Some of his homophobic stans are scared, seeing the obvious gayness so they are making ridiculous excuses to not like the pic, or are back to post the usual ass-kissing comments on the ex-beard dead IG......lol

by Anonymousreply 112Last Monday at 10:38 PM

Supposedly Sam is still in LA, per a twitter account. Didn’t he say once it was toxic. My how things change. Fantards are hopeful he’ll be caught with Caitriona.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Tuesday at 8:53 AM

R113, According to her IG, Cait is back in UK. She has posted from the studios in Glasgow.

Regarding Sam being in LA, it seems that Marvel is casting Eternals.....

by Anonymousreply 114Last Tuesday at 10:20 AM

Alexander is hot too

by Anonymousreply 115Last Tuesday at 10:25 AM

Half the fandom say they hear him on Cait’s Glasgow video and now they’re saying he’s still in LA? I can’t keep up. When he wants to hide, he does. Anyone have that tweet saying he’s still in LA?

by Anonymousreply 116Last Tuesday at 11:09 AM

R116

This fan has seen Sam in LA. She claims that she is in the same hotel that him.

It seems that Sam is having some business meetings:

by Anonymousreply 117Last Tuesday at 1:21 PM

Woukd Sam be out again for this role?

by Anonymousreply 118Last Tuesday at 2:16 PM

*Would

He’s been in the gym enough.

And when would he have been considered?

by Anonymousreply 119Last Tuesday at 2:17 PM

R117 Seems that tweet has been deleted. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Tuesday at 3:04 PM

The tweet is still up, at least for me:

by Anonymousreply 121Last Tuesday at 3:26 PM

Sam has just been spotted at LAX. It seems he's leaving LA.

by Anonymousreply 122Last Tuesday at 4:40 PM

He has to start working in OL again sometime.... some other cast and crew started as early as november....I expect we won’t be seeing that much Jamie and Claire in S5. Since it’s ridiculous story from S1 until now, I hope S6 will be cancelled still.... Maybe that would give Sam the freedom to come out again.

by Anonymousreply 123Last Tuesday at 6:07 PM

Related: Research by Harvard psychologists suggest that attitudes about homosexuality are changing. Studies also show that the more that well-known and highly regarded people align with LGBT rights, the more attitudes are influenced positively.

[quote]...research by Harvard psychologists Tessa Charlesworth and Mahzarin Banaji suggests a paradox: Even as Americans grow more aware of bias, we appear to be becoming less biased in many areas—especially when it comes to same-sex relationships and gender nonconformists.

[quote]Americans are becoming less biased in a wide range of attitudes, including on race, both explicitly and implicitly. However, the single largest shift happened in attitudes toward sexuality. “Explicit sexual attitudes revealed the largest overall change of any explicit attitude, moving toward neutrality by approximately 49 percent since 2007,” the researchers write. Implicit attitudes saw a similar but smaller change, moving towards neutrality by 33 percent.

[quote] By 2018, three-quarters of Americans believed consenting relationship between gays and lesbians should be legal. Sixty-seven percent supported marriage equality—which is now the law of the land, thanks to a Supreme Court that actually skews conservative.

[quote]What is clear is that a combination of greater exposure and contact with gay and lesbian Americans, alongside social cues by in-group leaders, were associated with a large decrease in bias among Americans.

Hollywood needs to wake the fuck up and stop forcing gay actors into the closet. The industry leeches that thrive on gay shame will find it harder and harder to justify their old narrative that audiences won't pay to see actors who are out and proud.

by Anonymousreply 124Last Tuesday at 8:02 PM

R124 thanks for sharing Hollywood is a toxic environmemt. Money isn’t all there is to life.

by Anonymousreply 125Last Wednesday at 6:30 AM

but it sure as hell helps.................

by Anonymousreply 126Last Wednesday at 7:16 AM

Anyone here participate in the early screening of Bloodshot?

by Anonymousreply 127Last Wednesday at 1:49 PM

New interview with Sam where he talks about his love for whisky, his job as a cocktail barman.....

Sam also remembers good times in Japan.......(with Luke, good pairing ;)

[quote]Q: You also worked serving whisky and sushi – any recommendations for good pairings?

[quote]Sam: Recently on a press tour for Outlander in Japan, I was lucky to eat in an exclusive small sushi bar in downtown Tokyo......

by Anonymousreply 128Last Wednesday at 2:48 PM

He's just been on twitter saying that he got a call about "BOND!!!" - some fans think he's joking, others think it's legit and this means he is going to be the next Bond and raving about how great he will be, some thinking it is just Josh Horowitz/Heughan banter, a site called 'Fanside' speculating that he may have received a phone call but turned it down because of scheduling difficulties. Can't see him as Bond - too much competition, but you never know. Meanwhile, hope that that closet has a good stock of whisky, a cocktail bar and plenty of (clumsily bashed) sushi.

by Anonymousreply 129Last Wednesday at 3:49 PM

[quote]He's just been on twitter saying that he got a call about "BOND!!!" - some fans think he's joking, others think it's legit and this means he is going to be the next Bond and raving about how great he will be, some thinking it is just Josh Horowitz/Heughan banter

Yep, Sam as Bond and Josh as Moneypenny.......xd

by Anonymousreply 130Last Wednesday at 4:28 PM

It will never happen

by Anonymousreply 131Last Thursday at 4:39 AM

Publicity stunt!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 132Last Thursday at 5:23 AM

You know, maybe Sam will reach the next level. In a way I hope he does. And all that he has been sacrificing for will in the end leave him emptier. Because it’s my opinion that if he is who they say he is abs was prior to all this, how can you be with yourself at the end of the day?

by Anonymousreply 133Last Thursday at 6:18 AM

R133 totally agree

by Anonymousreply 134Last Thursday at 7:51 AM

pattymornay Yes hanging with @hayley_helene tunagirl in NY while everyone is working on Outlander season 5 in Scotland ... time to think with your brain again @samheughan 🙄

by Anonymousreply 135Last Thursday at 9:14 AM

R135, What are you talking about???

If you're talking about the pic of Sam at a play in NY from yesterday, the person who took the pic confirms that Sam was with his Viewpoint publicist in NY, Kara Jones.

We've seen Sam with this publicist before.-

by Anonymousreply 136Last Thursday at 9:48 AM

no that's an old pic of Sam. This woman just posted on Sam's recent Jazz Hands IG photo that Sam is still in NY with tunagirl, Hayley Helene, where she's from. Her mom or stepmom (?), Marla Helene just made her IG private. It was open, So it looks like Sam's going full steam ahead with this 25 yr old tuna twat. Her crowd is amongst the douchebags that went to the Fyre Festival that never was.

by Anonymousreply 137Last Thursday at 9:59 AM

I know it's an old pic but this person Roseann Hartfield - who took this pic of Sam at a Broadway play last night, has just confirmed that Sam was there with his NY publicist, Kara Jones.

by Anonymousreply 138Last Thursday at 10:08 AM

er, SH, I know it's been a while since you've been involved in theatre, but is it not customary to look at the stage rather than pose for fan cameras? (lucky shot? Maybe, but it looks a little posed to me). He needs to go back to Scotland and climb a munro or two rather than go further down the path of becoming a walking publicity stunt. .

by Anonymousreply 139Last Thursday at 1:16 PM

Hey Pattymornay, which beard is it? You were just saying he spent his LA time with Hannah James, now you are lying about tuna girl in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 140Last Thursday at 1:59 PM

Ahem. Sorry to interup you. r140. This is DL, not tumblr. Please be so kind respecting the rules of this place.

It you dream fucking with Sam. Well, I can tell you,. Waiting numbers are sold for today.

by Anonymousreply 141Last Thursday at 2:17 PM

Anyone catch the tweet he liked where an account suggested he’d get oust galore should he land Bond?!

by Anonymousreply 142Last Thursday at 4:41 PM

*pussy

damn it autocorrect!!!!

by Anonymousreply 143Last Thursday at 5:02 PM

Before going to NY, Sam was seen having lunch -at the hotel in LA he was staying in- with hot daddy Graham McTavish:

by Anonymousreply 144Last Thursday at 5:52 PM

r142 Ah, but as one comment said, 'I don't think that's the kind he likes though!' - they will probably get blocked.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Thursday at 6:42 PM

R144 maybe McTavish still turns him on😉

by Anonymousreply 146Last Thursday at 7:21 PM

R142 yes this person called Soheila(Clifford) tweeted it, the pussy galore thing, and he liked it indeed. Probably because she is famous/has been Twitter verified. Sam seems to respond to verified people in general....

by Anonymousreply 147Last Thursday at 7:37 PM

But the he also liked this tweet:

by Anonymousreply 148Last Thursday at 7:41 PM

R148 And here Sam calls Josh Horowitz , Miss Moneypenny, (a character who enjoys a flirtatious relationship with James Bond ;))

by Anonymousreply 149Last Thursday at 8:25 PM

I will gladly respect your rules R141, but dreaming of Sam in that way, um a big fat no. Standing in no line for that I can assure you. Just pointing out that someone else is stirring false shit with beards, and it's zero to do with tumblr. It's IG. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Friday at 5:56 AM

are there any males left in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 151Last Friday at 7:46 AM

BatSam could have been in the running for the first gay Marvel superhero but he wimped out by letting Hollywood 'put him in a box'. They're not gonna cast a straight actor after all the hype...

by Anonymousreply 152Last Friday at 10:01 AM

If he were to get the marvel part the “Timor’s” woukd hit an all time high.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Friday at 11:55 AM

“Rumors”

Unless it was his plan to live out again.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Friday at 11:59 AM

Flying to Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Friday at 4:34 PM

Seriously though all members, friends and relatives of the LGBT community needs to support this movie, that’s if they do cast an openly gay person playing an openly gay Superhero. Even if it’s not Sam and if this is not your favorite movie genre. I think Sam May have burned his bridges. But we need to show HW that respecting actors sexual orientation pays.

by Anonymousreply 156Last Friday at 5:13 PM

Agreed

by Anonymousreply 157Last Friday at 5:58 PM

Sam being photographed out and about in NYC with brunettes before FINALLY going back to the UK.

by Anonymousreply 158Yesterday at 7:21 AM

yes he is R158. Don’t know what his deal is. And people on here keep saying it’s not real. He was with Minka Kelly Thursday night at Apollo theatre.

by Anonymousreply 159Yesterday at 9:05 AM

They weren’t together.

by Anonymousreply 160Yesterday at 9:11 AM

R160 do you mean the pic is fake?

by Anonymousreply 161Yesterday at 10:08 AM

Link to the original post (you have to click right to the last image)...

by Anonymousreply 162Yesterday at 10:13 AM

So they were supposed to be watching together like a PR set up....or did they just meetafterwards, leave everybody speculating about Sam and his new gf/beard

by Anonymousreply 163Yesterday at 10:20 AM

Heughan is single at almost 40. When asked about his love life, he uses gender-neutral pronouns. A straight guy would just say "a girl I was pursuing," "her house," "her door," "waited for her," "she didn't turn up," "leave her alone," and "not stalk her." Look how many pronouns he carefully conceals.

[quote]SH:' I always like to make an effort, certainly. Whether or not it’s quite as successful as Jamie I don’t know. I do remember one time when I was teenager and someone I was pursuing, and I think it was Valentine’s Day and I went to their house with wine and glasses and flowers, and I put it outside their door and waited for them and they didn’t turn up. And then I got this phone call the next day saying I should leave them alone and not stalk them, like it’s a bit scary that you’re leaving stuff outside my door, so it wasn’t really as successful as maybe I was hoping it to be.'

by Anonymousreply 164Yesterday at 10:40 AM

Seems like two actors just having a chat, Minka has been in NYC working . The SHAMzies are already shipping them but they should look at his GAY pants....lol

You think he would make a quick stop over in NYC- to wach several theatre plays- on his way to Scotland.

Yesterday, Sam posted this IG story.

by Anonymousreply 165Yesterday at 10:51 AM

Another example of Heughan awkwardly trying to appear hetero at the Brave New Warriors ComiCon panel (@15:13)...

by Anonymousreply 166Yesterday at 11:28 AM

R165 so why did he stop over in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 167Yesterday at 12:03 PM

R164 The other tell is that most girls like flowers. Only a boy who was embarrassed to be outed by another boy would be angered.

by Anonymousreply 168a day ago

R167 To see some interesting plays/shows on stage?

You seem to forget that Sam is a RCS graduate and he has said that theater is his first and real love:

by Anonymousreply 169a day ago

this board is reading like tumblr. Unless Sam is answering all your questions there is no one here that has the answers. I feel like I'm reading all those dumb questions by Anon and the dumb answers that are given by those that Think and make believe they are in the know and all the Anon's thinking they were given the right answers. I guess I was right, there are no more males left in this thread, just the tumblr posters.

by Anonymousreply 170a day ago

R170 Well, if you don't like DL, you can always go back to tumblr or IG ;)

From time to time, Sam is indeed, answering those questions........xd

by Anonymousreply 171a day ago

Ping, Ping, Ping

by Anonymousreply 172a day ago

r171 I can't stand tumblr AND the people that post there.

Sam answers the questions here? prove it. you sound like P-redux

by Anonymousreply 173a day ago

R170/R173 = ConTROLLing troll constantly asking about gender and obviously living in a binary world, demanding answers and contributing nothing. From who? We're all different posters. The DL is a discussion forum, not a blog and we aren't here to serve you with information. Now, fuck off back to tumblr, granny.

by Anonymousreply 174a day ago

r174 look again. it has become a blog. people asking questions and then getting answers from someone that acts like they actually have them. what happened to this thread???

by Anonymousreply 175a day ago

R175 Who are you talking to, Judge Judy? We're not just one person. And don't give us this "what's happened to this thread" bullshit. This has been one of the most viewed threads on DL for over four years. You love it here or you wouldn't be clinging like a barnacle.

by Anonymousreply 176a day ago

For the homophobic troll who can't leave these threads alone.

Sam telling his longtime friend that there's nothing straight about his Bat in 2011 (before the PR fuckery started and he was sent to the Sunken Place):

by Anonymousreply 177a day ago

If the contest winner can bring a plus one on our Omaze "date," I can bring one, too and maybe even turn it into more ca$h. Hmmm... who's so low that they would consider me a step up?

by Anonymousreply 178a day ago

Sam looking very interested in Steven Cree's shortest shorts and cock.

Sam gave Steven 9 out of 10 - but later, he had to remove these gay comments :((

by Anonymousreply 179a day ago

It's inconceivable that Heughan still has this stunt pinned to the top of his Twitter feed. What straight guy in his late 30's would publicly ask children for advice on how to date women? Wouldn't he be concerned that it would turn off any self-respecting prospect, not to mention how creepy and inappropriate it is? Even the optics are bizarre with the kids lined up like performing seals. Does someone BTS have a whip? Were they lured there with candy? Where are their parents?

by Anonymousreply 180a day ago

[quote]well looks like sam isn't back in Scotland yet after all. he was touring Graceland today according to their Instagram. at this pace, nobody will even remember outlander by the time season 5 rolls around

Maybe, that's what he wants, lol

by Anonymousreply 18120 hours ago

so the same person saying Sam was flying to Scotland is the same person that claims that Sam posts here. not sure where you get your info but you might want to change your source.

by Anonymousreply 18220 hours ago

R182, As everybody else (you included), I thought that IG story that Sam posted yesterday from the plane, meant that he was travelling from NY to Scotland (it's about time, how long is this hiatus?)

Now I see that he has posted from Tennessee and I have no problem to bring the pic.

Alex is also travelling. Whiskey Business? UFC event tonight?

by Anonymousreply 18319 hours ago

So they’re already filming Rapelander S5 and Heughan doesn’t need to be on set, yet?

by Anonymousreply 18419 hours ago

Yes they started in November(at least some cast and crew did). Caitriona started filming a few weeks ago. We’re not going to see much Jamie and or Claire this season. It’s prolly all Bree and Roger...it’s all crap anyway

I think Sam has said goodbye to Outlander in his heart and would rather focus on different projects.

by Anonymousreply 18515 hours ago

R185 Thanks. Let’s hope so.

by Anonymousreply 18615 hours ago

R183 Alex has more than the whisky and the MPC company so he could be travelling for one of his other companies as well.

The hiatus is very long imo and it still seems Sam isn’t taking any rest, flying from one place to the other. Graceland is deeply spiritual place he feels??Peaceful I do get. He seems to have some odd views on things, would partly explain the closet. Maybe the closet is a spiritual place to him too;)

by Anonymousreply 18714 hours ago

Spiritual, my ass. You can be sure there's a quid pro quo involved.

by Anonymousreply 18812 hours ago

Perhaps Caitriona started filming some of her scenes without Sam early because she needs to take time of during production for her Wedding and honeymoon. IDK.

by Anonymousreply 18910 hours ago

A nightmare - Sam in an Elvis biopic! But think of the leathers! Na, he hasn't got the moves.

by Anonymousreply 19010 hours ago

Cait isn't filming yet either. Nobody is. The whole thing got pushed back. It's just that Sam documents his whereabouts more than the others. He craves the adulation of people thinking he really is a unicorn.

by Anonymousreply 1918 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!