Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shawn Mendes is the Worlds Youngest OLD QUEEN!! part 25

The last thread is just about to fill up, so join the discussion of the closeted singer turned homophobic underwear model here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 20, 2019 5:30 AM

Part 24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2019 9:08 PM

This new thread makes my hole so moist. Welcome guys!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2019 9:12 PM

Damn, OP, that gif is pretty telling, isn't it? He wants to know what's under that sweater and he wants to know NOW!

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2019 9:18 PM

Has he really said anything homophobic? I don't keep up with him. I just know that he's pretty.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2019 9:21 PM

I don't think nor have I ever heard anything homophobic related to him.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2019 9:24 PM

In an interview he gave to Rolling Stone a month or so ago, he talked about how he wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because people might think he's gay. Thats homophobic to me.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2019 9:29 PM

He awkwardly phrased some comments in his “dude doth protest too much” Rolling Stone interview. He should be talking to a therapist not a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2019 9:30 PM

r4 r5 Maybe Google it or something? there's 25 threads about him here, we can't have this discussion for the 689th time. Here, read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2019 9:38 PM

To the person in the last thread complaining that someone posted the next Shawn thread 9 posts early. It's full now. That wasn't a bad time to start the new thread considering how fast the last ten or so posts happen.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2019 9:49 PM

r9 Thank you, Also I didn't want another fanigirly post to start one of these threads, ignoring his recent homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2019 9:54 PM

My best feature:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2019 10:16 PM

R11 Your mouth is nice too, when it isn't spouting phobic crap or horrible covers.

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2019 10:24 PM

I love that he gives an Interview where he says that he spent a sleepless nights Friday and that people think he’s homosexual and then proceeds to do at underwear add targeting a demographic of homosexual men

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2019 10:27 PM

R13 Gurl wants all the fame and money, just don't make her think about wanting cock.

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2019 10:32 PM

Shawn Mendes is sexier than I tthought. He would make a nice bottom.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2019 10:32 PM

I'm not sure I would call Shawn homophobic.

To me, homophobic means someone who dislikes (or even hates) gays. It's someone who fears or is hostile to gays (or even violent).

Shawn embraced Troye Sivan the moment he saw him at that event last year.

I think Shawn's problem is that he's insecure in his sexuality (maybe even a virgin?). And is worried about people thinking he's gay because of his career.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2019 10:40 PM

R13 my first reaction as well but then I thought that was no longer the case now that fraus buy CK underwear for their DH in multipacks at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2019 10:40 PM

R16 So internalized homophobia then...

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2019 10:43 PM

For some reason, after I watched this, I want to see JM manhandling/bullying Shawn like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2019 12:52 AM

Shawn is homophobic in the sense that fears being seen as gay, hence the [i]phobic[/i] part. Alec Benjamin, on the other hand, actively features gay couples in his music video. When would Shawn ever do that, especially considering how sensitive he is to being perceived as gay.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2019 3:07 AM

^ [italic]phobic[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2019 3:07 AM

It doesn't matter who he has in his music videos if no-one knows who he is. God, I like some bitching at Shawn, but this Alec bullshit is beyond tedious. Especially so given the poster behind it is acting like he's some great artist, when they only discovered the fugly one because of John Mayer's likes.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2019 3:11 AM

R22 You should block the poster you think is the "Alec bot" and you'd see there's not just one, I know I also posted about him jsyk. I don't know why you get so upset at the mere mention of Shawn losing relevance, especially when are, mostly, just joking around. That's like fangirl behavior

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2019 3:41 AM

^ *when we are

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2019 3:42 AM

r22 You keep calling him fugly, are you 12? Is that really all you care about? SAD

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2019 3:49 AM

Maybe in 2019, I'll have a Miley moment and go wild!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2019 3:57 AM

r26 You don't have tits (well, female tits at least) you don't have to cover them, silly! Show us your butt or peen if you really want to go wild...

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2019 4:03 AM

My hole is shaped like a heart too 😍, R27

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2019 4:05 AM

this is a queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2019 4:08 AM

r29 Uhm, wrong thread?

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2019 4:34 AM

I think R29's post may refer to the OP's title.

by Anonymousreply 31February 19, 2019 4:40 AM

This has been reiterated on numerous occasions, but the reason Alec keeps getting mentioned in these threads is because he is the most serious threat to Shawn's throne in the music industry. Every singer who has managed to reach a level of popularity gets copycats and people who make music like them getting signed by other labels to capitalize on their success. The thing that makes Alec stand out from all of the other wanna be, would be twink singer songwriters is that he is signed to arguably the biggest label in the industry, Atlantic Records (a much bigger label than Shawn's Island Records) and he has already ingratiated himself with several people in Shawn's orbit. He also met Shawn after literally poaching his fan base in the parking lots of his shows. As Alec rises up the chart, the comparisons will start to be made beyond the DL and we'll be able to say we called it first. Shawn may not be that bothered by it now (or maybe he is, who knows), but he will be soon enough and good riddance when that happens. Alec may not be a Bob Dylan level writer, but he certainly holds his own against fellow label mate Jason Mraz and certainly has much more talent than Shawn ever had or ever will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 19, 2019 5:31 AM

Shawn just posted a CK commercial:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 19, 2019 5:34 AM

You finally got JM's attention again, Shawn!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 19, 2019 5:43 AM

I saw him on the elvis tribute yesterday. He was terrible and looked terrible. Looked like he didn't comb his hair.

by Anonymousreply 35February 19, 2019 5:50 AM

I got cereal for you, JM R34

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 19, 2019 6:05 AM

Alec, get on my fucking level :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 19, 2019 6:06 AM

R28 Your hole is shaped like the head of Mayer's cock.

by Anonymousreply 38February 19, 2019 6:06 AM

R37 You boys should make up and have a cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2019 6:11 AM

R36 & R37, were those new ones just posted?

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2019 6:12 AM

For all my DL fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2019 6:14 AM

R36 I think he was having oatmeal with Alec.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2019 6:43 AM

R42, But my cereal is better than Alec's oatmeal!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2019 6:51 AM

R43 Don't be mean, look what he said about you today. He's clearly the better man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2019 6:59 AM

Fine R44....we can cuddle, Alec. I'll be little spoon. It's gonna be so wholesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2019 7:07 AM

[R20] He featured a drag queen in the music video for 'Youth' ft Khalid...

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2019 7:53 AM

r30 Perfume Genius is an actual queen who makes music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2019 8:00 AM

R30 So does Shawn

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2019 9:22 AM

[quote] Perfume Genius is an actual queen who makes music

Just like Shawn, but thank you Perfume Genius PR

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2019 10:34 AM

The Chalamet threads are up to 30 now! Shawn is definitely losing his appeal here.

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2019 1:54 PM

But consider who's posting in them, r50. Among them, their IQ total doesn't break into triple digits.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2019 1:56 PM

R22: Shawn was discovered making 6 seconds videos on Vine. And frankly Alec's song is way better than most Shawn's singles, he is not big but he is getting abroad in a good bunch of countries way faster than Shawn did. Maybe the song ends flopping (Shawn's two first singles on radio flopped anyway) but his career is starting very well

R50: RS interview was a buzz killer. Some people here liked his music, some thought he was a talentless musician and bad vocalist, but almost everyone though he was a nice guy, and that interview destroyed that image

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2019 1:56 PM

I noticed that :(

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2019 1:57 PM

r52 Shawn's management thought he should have more of an edgy image, without thinking how dumb the idea of an edgy Shawn actually is.

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2019 1:58 PM

R145: It's a very small throne, he is not remotely at the level of popularity and sales that JB had when he was the king of teen hearthrobs

R54: When you have a nice guy image you must be very cautious with changes, people generally don't react very well to add some edge or something too sexy. The interview was designed to bring him sympathy while debunk the gay rumours, and as you say add some edge to his image. It was a total failure. People complain about the journalist and it's very obvious he doesn't like Shawn at all, but Shawn hung himself with the way he carried the interview

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2019 2:02 PM

Please leave him alone. If he's gay he'd better stay in the closet and get a beard. His fan base is all young girls who would abandon their crush if they knew he wanted to suck cock all day.

If he DID come out, you queens would scorn him and cast him aside like you did poor old Colton Haynes.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2019 2:23 PM

r56 Not true. If Shawn came out he'd get tons of LGBTQ community support. DL is not the whole community.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2019 2:24 PM

No one hates the way Datalounge hates.

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2019 2:26 PM

r56 "You queens"? aren't you one too or just an homophobic cunt?

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2019 2:28 PM

He's going to come out when he's old and loaded and no one remembers his RS interview anymore. I can already see that DL thread forty years from now - "Remember Shawn Mendes, eldergays?"

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote] RS interview was a buzz killer. Some people here liked his music, some thought he was a talentless musician and bad vocalist, but almost everyone though he was a nice guy, and that interview destroyed that image

Yeh, exactly what happenned to me. I was never really into his music, but he seemed like a sweet, nice guy, that I could overlooked that. This fuckboy persona he's trying to put up is so off putting, I mean the world is full of fuckboys, no need to add one more.

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2019 2:36 PM

R56: Nobody is asking him to come out, the guy is not even close to have the guts needed to do it, but at least a little less self hate and internalized homophobia will be nice.

That RS interview did something more than damage his image. He could not go with a diversity video because it will be seen as a pr stunt, he need a lot of acting classes before even try to beard again, because his relationship will be mocked relentlessly if he is not convincent enough (and he can't act), he gave his hater a lot of material to hurt him

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2019 2:36 PM

r60 That might be, except everybody already knows he's gay. No matter when he comes out, no one will be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2019 2:36 PM

r62 O think the RS interview was setting it up to seem like he's a big pussyhound, taking random girls like that bartender back to his hotel.

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2019 2:38 PM

r64 They tried so hard too "he only has to choose any blue check marks on his DMs" (or something like that) and the "cuties" at the beach (do straight guys in his 20's even refer to girls as 'cuties'? lol) . Not to mention all the BS about Hailey Baldwin and their "relationship", that he denied like 3! times before

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2019 2:48 PM

R65: That's the part that make him look like a total fake. He denied 3 times being with her, she married Bieber five minutes after quitting that bearding job he was constantly sabotaging and suddenly he realized that they were in a relationship. The need to be seen in public with someone (like a girl) is something a straight guy will never say. He could go with the "i would love to be in a relationship", i want to find a nice girl to date and share my success, the possibilities were inmense, but no, he was totally unable to find something credible.

He had the same problem with his lyrics, most of them show him like a knight in shiny armour but he is simply not credible singing that. He just don't give that vibe.

As i say, the whole interview is a disaster from the beginning to the end

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2019 2:54 PM

r66 I wonder if he realizes the damaged it caused? he definitely did, right when the interview was released. Probably not though, because he still has legions of fangirls worshipping him that didn't see anything wrong with what he said. But he lost a lot of fans that day.

by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2019 3:16 PM

Would he really lose his fangirls if he came out as bi and started dating one of those clones from BTS? I feel like that would only increase his fandom.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2019 3:21 PM

Perfect gif to start the thread OP.

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2019 3:37 PM

I see some people on this thread have the same suspicions I have that Shawn is still a virgin. The reason I say this is his reactions remind me a lot of myself at his age. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 22 because sex and my sexuality scared the hell out of me, and in all honest it took me until 30ish to really make peace with being gay and allowing myself to drop my defenses and finally have meaningful and healthy romantic and sexual relationships.

I grew up in Ajax, Ontario which is the neighbouring city of Pickering where Shawn is from. A lot of my issues stemmed from this environment as the area to this day is still fairly conservative and very WASP. My family was not particularly religious but I was raised in a macho-masculinity type of environment which does align itself with being a homo.

by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2019 3:50 PM

Just to prove that he lost a lot of support and sympathy not only on the DL, a series of the best tweets I found while searching "Shawn Mendes homophobic" on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2019 4:17 PM

If he wants to change the lyrics to "I Want to Hold Your Hand" to "I Want to Suck Your Cock," I'll only charge him two cents per copy sold.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2019 4:42 PM

Vocal coach review of Shawn and Miley's Grammy performance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Corrected link from above

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2019 4:53 PM

A bit out of topic, but just to show CDAN blind items are bs, here's an item that was revealed recently about JM

[quote] Grammy Awards This former A+ list singer who is now A+ list generally at only hitting on women 24/7 was so wasted while hitting on people that this foreign born B+ list mostly television actress who used to be on a hit almost network show was laughing at him and the married alliterate A list singer walked away telling him he needed help. John Mayer/Nina Dobrev/Maren Morris

I mean there's a picture of him with Nina Dobrev backstage at the Grammys, where you can see his hair was still longer, he then went to his house, got his hair cut and even did an IG live (where you can tell he wasn't wasted at all, and he's also been sober for like 10 years now) It's like they used every cliched thing about him from 2004 and ran with it, so I'm trusting any BI even less from now on. Link to the IG live from that night below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2019 5:10 PM

Shawn wears briefs!

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2019 7:57 PM

PERFUME GENIUS ROOOLLSSSSS SHAWN MENDES DROOLLSS

by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2019 7:59 PM

Shawn wears calvins

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2019 8:07 PM

The brief industry will crash due to shawn swtiching over

by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2019 8:07 PM

Great post, R70. It’s really interesting to read your perspective as someone who grew up closeted from the same area as Shawn.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2019 8:29 PM

Look how big my bulge looks now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2019 11:48 PM

R81 Still tiny meat. It's just blown up to splash across the billboard.

by Anonymousreply 82February 20, 2019 12:05 AM

Who wants to lick my feet? All welcome except R82 :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 20, 2019 12:21 AM

R83, some of the feet lover trolls on LPSG & FM Forums have been saying all week they want to see Shawn's feet, so I guess this will make their day!

by Anonymousreply 84February 20, 2019 1:58 AM

"This'll make 'em think I like pussy FOR SURE."

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2019 4:22 AM

In London today. He really likes the hairbands huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 20, 2019 4:35 AM

I mean I'd take the ass, mouth, dick, pits. All with the hairband.....

by Anonymousreply 87February 20, 2019 5:01 AM

Jesus that's a gay voice if I ever heard one. Also does he has to have his leg up, why can't he show is his body?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 20, 2019 5:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 20, 2019 5:23 AM

The whole thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 20, 2019 5:26 AM

Straight men don't say "comfy."

by Anonymousreply 91February 20, 2019 7:49 AM

Someone else probably wrote the script, though.

by Anonymousreply 92February 20, 2019 8:43 AM

r92 Scripted? He's been saying "comfy" since 2014, gurl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 20, 2019 11:16 AM

Is it possible that Shawn doesn't know he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 94February 20, 2019 2:23 PM

If he did, r94, which I doubt, he knows now.

by Anonymousreply 95February 20, 2019 2:29 PM

r94 How can someone not possible know? I mean, I get it being in denial or repressed but deep down you know.

by Anonymousreply 96February 20, 2019 2:32 PM

Did Shawn shave his chest for the CK ads?

by Anonymousreply 97February 20, 2019 4:26 PM

R94: If he were living in a small conservative village in a very religious family and he was not a very sexual person it could be a posibility, but he lives in a world full of gay people (even if he tends to not be near them). If he were unaware of his sexual orientation his anxiety problems will be less severe

by Anonymousreply 98February 20, 2019 5:51 PM

R97 Unfortunately based on this pic it looks like he trimmed it down quite a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 20, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote]Did Shawn shave his chest for the CK ads?

No, I did.

by Anonymousreply 100February 20, 2019 6:26 PM

R94 By 20 you know if you're gay, but knowing it and accepting it are two different things. The question I have about Shawn is where does this anxiety, particularly about his masculinity/sexuality, stem from? We don't know a lot about Shawn's family and my hunch is that he was raised with certain constructs of masculinity. His dad comes a cross as a kind of sporty, stupid macho jock type probably not the most pro-gay type. This seems reflected in his choice of friends as he seems to hangout a great deal with the "frat party boy" set. I think Shawn's issue (beyond the profession pressures surrounding sexuality) is that he can't reconcile being gay with being a man.

by Anonymousreply 101February 20, 2019 6:29 PM

At the Brits Awards red carpet in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 20, 2019 7:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 20, 2019 7:16 PM

He's so sweet. Just come out, Shawnie.

by Anonymousreply 104February 20, 2019 7:25 PM

R98, I think R94 raises a good question.

We assumed that Shawn was staying in the closet because of his fangirls, but after his vociferous denials that he is not gay, I think perhaps he is in the closet to his friends & family (and maybe himself?).

And yes, the fact that most of his male friends appear to be straight bros could be part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 105February 20, 2019 8:02 PM

R105: I think he is in the closet for himself. He is clearly obsessed with everything about it and not dealing well at all with it.

It goes way beyond of usual management pressure.

He better control alcohol use because that could end on a twitter disaster (online and drunk is a very bad combination)

by Anonymousreply 106February 20, 2019 8:10 PM

Hugging Matty Healy. I hate that he (Shawn) does that pat pat thing when he he hugs men though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 20, 2019 10:02 PM

The only one standing up and applauding for Hugh Jackman lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 20, 2019 10:05 PM

Lmao the poor thing was mortified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 20, 2019 10:08 PM

[QUOTE]Also that's a lot of booze on the table

You've never been to Britain, have you?

by Anonymousreply 110February 20, 2019 10:14 PM

If you go to page 245 of the Shawn thread at LPSG, the cock experts are now analyzing the new footage of Shawn's bulge -- and their analysis so far is that Shawn is CUT.

by Anonymousreply 111February 20, 2019 10:56 PM

r110 He's not british though...

by Anonymousreply 112February 20, 2019 11:23 PM

"Stay with someone who looks at you the way Shawn Mendes looks at Lizzo" when he's not even looking at her, fangirls are really reaching to prove themselves he's straight. The delusional cow even posted the video on IG with the caption "Get you a man that looks at you the way @shawnmendes looks at me doing press" lmao right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2019 11:30 PM

I'm totally straight, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 20, 2019 11:40 PM

r113 So they think he's str8 AND blind?

by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2019 11:40 PM

You naughty gays probably want to suck my big long feet, don't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116February 20, 2019 11:43 PM

r115 It seems so. In any case he's looking at one of the dudes next to him, he never really even look at her way. But to me he's just staring into space, without actually looking at anything.

r116 Ew not me, feet gross me out. But I have to admit yours are quite nice

by Anonymousreply 117February 20, 2019 11:52 PM

R116 Too bad your totally str8, or someone might give your little pink hole a good licking out.

by Anonymousreply 118February 20, 2019 11:55 PM

R112 And he wasn't setting the table

by Anonymousreply 119February 21, 2019 12:01 AM

Do you think I look handsome at the Brit Awards today, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 21, 2019 12:05 AM

R113 See, guys? Told you I have a chance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121February 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Look, I'm being seen with a girl!

by Anonymousreply 122February 21, 2019 12:12 AM

R121 Her hand is going to town on his ass.

by Anonymousreply 123February 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Shawn giving Hugh Jackman a standing ovation at the Brits:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124February 21, 2019 12:17 AM

With Khalid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 21, 2019 3:27 AM

Tonight at the Brits with my fave bro, Brian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126February 21, 2019 5:03 AM

R125, I love Khalid but sorry honey, you can't be my daddy.

by Anonymousreply 127February 21, 2019 5:08 AM

R126 Ugh that guy looks so annoying

R227 Oh yeah? And why is that, Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 128February 21, 2019 5:31 AM

R128, his big butt tells me he is a bottom and well.....I'm no top....SHOCKING, I know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129February 21, 2019 5:40 AM

r129 Well he's also just a few months older than you, ofc he can't be your daddy. You have enough already anyway...

by Anonymousreply 130February 21, 2019 5:44 AM

Never enough, R130, my hole is greedy and I wanna swim in a sea of daddies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 21, 2019 5:57 AM

He looks gorgeous here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 21, 2019 6:06 AM

Far better comments on DL than these thirsty tweets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133February 21, 2019 6:15 AM

R133 They must be all from teenage girls, what can you expect

by Anonymousreply 134February 21, 2019 6:33 AM

It's all about the ass, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 21, 2019 7:28 AM

Is it just me who finds Shawn a bit boring? He's a beauty, that's established, and probably what has us all hooked on him, but personality wise he seems somewhat bland. I don't mean he has to be involved in some drama or scandal, it's just that he doesn't comes off as an interesting person really or particularly funny either and his talent is also limited. Even when he does big events like the Grammys or the Brits last night, there's nothing remarkable to discuss, he doesn't do or say anything new, just the same recycled interviews again and again.

John Mayer really has to be seeing him through rose-colored glasses to say that he has "more power star that anyone he's ever seen before", because I don't see it at all. I see just another generic pop star that, if doesn't have another hit song, changes his music into something more mature or comes out soon, people will forget all about in 5 years (to be generous). Right now he's just another manufactured artist catered to tweens/teenage girls that very well could be included in Lisa's "Non threatening boys magazine".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 21, 2019 10:49 AM

*Star power, I meant

by Anonymousreply 137February 21, 2019 10:52 AM

R129 Shawn's tiny meat would never be enough to satisfy that ass.

by Anonymousreply 138February 21, 2019 11:40 AM

LOL @ R88 - you are so right, the voice is soooooooooo gay!!! OMG she is still claiming to be straight????

by Anonymousreply 139February 21, 2019 1:51 PM

R136 I agree with you about Shawn being boring. Other people on DL and elsewhere have talked about his lack of a personality. There's no doubt that he's obsessed with being famous but I think he's also fairly introverted and more of a follower rather than a leader. Despite his success, I feel like Shawn is a very young 20 and has a lot of growing up to do.

by Anonymousreply 140February 21, 2019 2:25 PM

The problem with Shawn is he has no personality at all. There are a lot of nice guys who are interesting, that's not his case, he is not particularly bright or talented, and that clean image seems a little prefabricated but way more close to reality that the edgy image they wanted to project (and failed miserably) in the RS interview.

In the first years he seemed boring, now he is vapid and narcissistic too. It's difficult to feel empathy for him (for his anxiety problems) because he projects an aura of fakeness

by Anonymousreply 141February 21, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote] It's difficult to feel empathy for him because he projects an aura of fakeness

That's how i always felt about him, I remember I used to see his threads around here (that used to be way more active months ago) and sometimes lurked a bit just to see what all the buzz was about, but never really caught me in. Mostly because, like you said, he seemed a bit fake and prefabricated, kind of like hose kpop bands. Even his SM doesn't reflect much about his own opinions or anything like that, all promo and "I love my fans" stuff. No political, no social opinions, anything.

I don't remember exactly what it was that finally draw me in, but after I started to visit his threads regularly I changed my mind a bit and he really seemed like a sweet, nice guy, that was trying his best with his music even though he's not the most talented out there. The RS interview really disappointed me again. He's either really repressed or his people are trying really hard to sell an image, but either way I'm afraid we can't never actually know his real personality or,maybe, that's all there is.

by Anonymousreply 142February 21, 2019 3:27 PM

He’d be so hot if he was shorter.

by Anonymousreply 143February 21, 2019 3:29 PM

r143 Said no one ever

by Anonymousreply 144February 21, 2019 4:13 PM

I like shorter ones as well. Tall bottoms freak me out.

by Anonymousreply 145February 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Tallest a bottom can be is 5’10.

by Anonymousreply 146February 21, 2019 4:18 PM

r146 Not if you're tall as well

by Anonymousreply 147February 21, 2019 4:23 PM

He's so hilariously bad at playing it straight it's almost endearing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 21, 2019 4:40 PM

[QUOTE]Not if you're tall as well

But most men aren’t tall.

by Anonymousreply 149February 21, 2019 4:41 PM

r148 He'll wake up in cold sweat again because of that interview

by Anonymousreply 150February 21, 2019 4:48 PM

Tall bottom boys, you make the rockin' world go round.

by Anonymousreply 151February 21, 2019 5:06 PM

I'm going on tour with Alessia Cara, maybe she can be my new gf....even JM approves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152February 21, 2019 7:50 PM

So they can sing Alec's song as a duet on tour

by Anonymousreply 153February 21, 2019 7:55 PM

R153, She did me dirty by doing a collab with Alec but I'm gonna forgive her cause she can be my new gf!!!!!! Bebe Rexha is still waiting for me to show up at her Grammys party....bitch please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154February 21, 2019 8:01 PM

R152 Forget it, Shawn. She already friend zoned you

(Really though I thing they just have a friendship because they're both Canadians)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 21, 2019 9:25 PM

R142, if you want to see an example of Shawn's nice guy image cracking, watch this clip where he lost it & swore at this guy for asking for an autograph:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 21, 2019 10:04 PM

I felt violated, R156! I'm still a nice guy, I promise :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 21, 2019 10:07 PM

R156 Oh dear, the mask slips a bit. He'll be punching people out before too long, or trying to.

Better get that boy some cock before he really loses it.

by Anonymousreply 158February 21, 2019 10:13 PM

Do you think that clip hints that Shawn can be a real bitchy queen?

by Anonymousreply 159February 21, 2019 10:27 PM

r156 Oh yeah, I knew about that, but I thought maybe he had a bad day or something. Now to say what he said in that interview, where you're supposed to have some control of what you want to put out there, really showed his true colors to me.

r159 No doubt about it, and a closeted one at that, so double the bitchy I bet

by Anonymousreply 160February 21, 2019 10:45 PM

R156 It's so cringe-worthy, especially when the guy proves Shawn wrong, and yet Shawn still tries to act like he has some kind of point. And of course, needless to say, if those bodyguards weren't there you know he wouldn't have said a damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 161February 21, 2019 11:28 PM

Caption this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 21, 2019 11:46 PM

Oh R159, I'm the bitchiest queen of them all!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 21, 2019 11:48 PM

He liked this fanart on IG. Lmao he's so straight!

He actually follows that cringy account that's basically fanart of him with girls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164February 21, 2019 11:59 PM

He looks even gayer in all those drawings.

by Anonymousreply 165February 22, 2019 12:01 AM

R164 If he were any whiter he'd be bleaching that shirt out just by wearing it.

by Anonymousreply 166February 22, 2019 1:10 AM

Uhm, @Shawn what do you think about JM's brother? Hot or not? I think he looks even more like a"daddy" than John (probably because he actually is one)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 22, 2019 4:00 AM

Why does that guy have a fans Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 168February 22, 2019 4:08 AM

r168 Because he has a "show" on IG like JM, I never watched it so idk what is about. John gave him a shoutout on one of his lives too, so I guess his fans are his brother's fans as well.

by Anonymousreply 169February 22, 2019 4:13 AM

Yes daddy, R167....come play with me!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170February 22, 2019 4:38 AM

R170 You have no code, SLUT!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 22, 2019 5:03 AM

Doesn't matter, at least I can always count on Alec. Look how supportive he is 💓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 22, 2019 5:16 AM

Ugh, I was only being nice to your hot daddy brother cause I love you, JM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 22, 2019 6:44 AM

Shawn just posted this photo:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174February 22, 2019 8:23 AM

Is so weird Shawn didn't made more of a fuss over Mayer's new single that was released last night. He didn't post anything,he only liked (not even retweeted) JM's tweet about it. If you compare it to other times when JM dropped a new song or album, Shawn used to praise everything he did, even just until some months ago. I wonder if he toned it down because media started talking about a bromance, because his team told him to or maybe he's just not as interested anymore, but is certainly odd.

by Anonymousreply 175February 22, 2019 10:54 AM

*make

by Anonymousreply 176February 22, 2019 10:55 AM

R175 He was too busy fingering himself to do more than click the like button, the little slut.

by Anonymousreply 177February 22, 2019 11:22 AM

R173 Now you made poor John cry - what else can he do but seek comfort elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 178February 22, 2019 11:24 AM

Shawn was probably too busy fantasizing about Hugh Jackman:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 22, 2019 11:31 AM

r174 For some reason he also posted this on his stories...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180February 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Bae

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181February 22, 2019 1:51 PM

R178, Alec wears cartoon pjs and I wear my Calvins to bed....your choice JM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 22, 2019 5:04 PM

r182 He can just take the pjs off him

by Anonymousreply 183February 22, 2019 5:38 PM

R178 John loves eating Peanuts in bed.

by Anonymousreply 184February 22, 2019 9:56 PM

[QUOTE]He’d be so hot if he was shorter.

Totally agree.

Due to his height, as soon as he hits 30, he might start looking like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 22, 2019 11:39 PM

r185 Ehh Idk, Mayer is taller than him and he still looks fuckable at 41

by Anonymousreply 186February 22, 2019 11:53 PM

I think Shawn's height is part of his appeal since interviewers comment on it all the time.

He knows it too, since he wears heels to make himself even taller.

by Anonymousreply 187February 23, 2019 12:26 AM

Eg. look at the heels he wore a couple days ago at the Brit Awards.

That adds on another couple inches to his 6'2 height so that it makes him around 6'4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 23, 2019 12:36 AM

She wants to be Allison Janney, Oscar-winning cougar/giraffe.

by Anonymousreply 189February 23, 2019 12:37 AM

R189 Gurl isn't in remotely the same league as AJ.

by Anonymousreply 190February 23, 2019 12:39 AM

He just want to wear heels

by Anonymousreply 191February 23, 2019 12:40 AM

Shawn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192February 23, 2019 6:42 AM

Hey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 23, 2019 6:42 AM

What do you think of Alec's peeing skills, Shawn?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194February 23, 2019 7:01 AM

I just don't understand him. He seems to have anxiety attacks if people think he is gay but then he keeps wearing those headbands and frankly those books are the less masculine thing he could wear (if he likes boots there are a lot of way more masculine options). In the pic with Sam Smith, Sam looks way more masculine than him

by Anonymousreply 195February 23, 2019 11:38 AM

R193 Don't smear your lipstick, hun.

by Anonymousreply 196February 23, 2019 12:32 PM

R194 The guitar helps counterbalance Alec's thick boymeat.

by Anonymousreply 197February 23, 2019 12:34 PM

r195 He can't help it, it's in his nature. Can you imagine how much of a queen he'd be if he weren't so repressed? Same with his mannerisms. Such a shame he can't accept himself the way he is.

by Anonymousreply 198February 23, 2019 12:39 PM

R195 It's the other end of the spectrum from so many young celebs who think that their success (and youth, effectively) will last forever, but it's still not a useful reaction.

by Anonymousreply 199February 23, 2019 12:50 PM

R198, yeah the problem for Shawn is that:

1) He has gay voice

2) He has gay face

3) He has gay mannerisms

4) He never has a girlfriend

5) He gets upset when people ask if he's gay

There are a lot of other celebrity gays who are in the closet, but usually they don't have all the list of factors to deal with that Shawn does.

by Anonymousreply 200February 24, 2019 2:20 AM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 24, 2019 5:48 AM

.^ And he's wearing Dave Chappelle & John Mayer's show "Controlled Danger" shirt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 24, 2019 5:49 AM

Sorry wrong thread, I was meant to post that in Alec's thread 🤦‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 203February 24, 2019 5:52 AM

R203 I'm sure Shawn won't mind some Alec news.

by Anonymousreply 204February 24, 2019 11:45 AM

I prefer pot, R204.

by Anonymousreply 205February 24, 2019 1:07 PM

"There are a lot of other celebrity gays who are in the closet, but usually they don't have all the list of factors to deal with that Shawn does."

Why is everyone looking at ME...???

by Anonymousreply 206February 24, 2019 1:32 PM

[quote] Is so weird Shawn didn't made more of a fuss over Mayer's new single that was released last night. He didn't post anything

R175 It seems to me he's trying to avoid showing much love to JM, apart from some likes. For what reason idk. And he posted this today on his stories, he could've done the same with John's song if he'd wanted to (like Alec did)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207February 24, 2019 2:10 PM

R206 Cruise is just the right height to suck Shawn's cock, such as it is.

by Anonymousreply 208February 24, 2019 4:34 PM

He's still in London, still wearing the hairband. Is it just me or he looks kinda tired/sad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 24, 2019 4:52 PM

Working out with Daddy Cez. I’m sad but he will make it better, R209

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 24, 2019 5:08 PM

R209 "This bitch is digging her fingernails into my ass and I think her cock is bigger than mine!"

by Anonymousreply 211February 24, 2019 5:10 PM

Can we expect a Shawn & Alessia (mutual bearding) "romance"? Or does he know that it would be ridiculous to "date" a girl who looks like Ralph Macchio & owns more suits than he does?

by Anonymousreply 212February 24, 2019 5:43 PM

I doubt Alessia has any interest.

Bearding for Shawn right now is a risky job

by Anonymousreply 213February 24, 2019 5:48 PM

He knows Alessia since a few years now and if they didn't beard by now I don't think they will. She doesn't seem to be like the type that would accept something like that.

by Anonymousreply 214February 24, 2019 6:40 PM

R209 The fuck is with that eye shadow?

by Anonymousreply 215February 24, 2019 6:40 PM

Lmao his fans are pathetic, deep down they know he'd have a gf by now if he were really straight and they're desperate, that's why they do this kind of drawings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 24, 2019 6:51 PM

I'm really old, when i was younger girls wanted their idols single.

In fact marrying was considered the kiss of death for a teen idol career

by Anonymousreply 217February 24, 2019 7:14 PM

R217 That's what I'm saying. They're not all like that, One Direction fans used to harassed (online) every girl that even came close to them. Shawn fans must be aware he's not straight as he says and they're trying to convince themselves or, even worse, kinda pushing it to him. They often tagged him on these drawings and sometimes he likes them.

by Anonymousreply 218February 24, 2019 7:25 PM

No matter what the situation, I always end up in the bottom 😓

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 24, 2019 7:31 PM

R218: Well, OD fans were very diverse a good bunch of them would get a multiorgasm if Louis and Harry were really a couple

That behaviour is a little passive-agressive, the less thing Shawn needs is his fans pressure him to get a girlfriend. And right now after the RS interview is not a good moment to try to beard again, that could backfire big time and it would be a risky job for the beard

by Anonymousreply 220February 24, 2019 7:31 PM

What R200 said.

by Anonymousreply 221February 24, 2019 7:35 PM

R221: Oh Taylor, your case is even more pathetic than Shawn's because you are filthy rich and your career is not going anywhere, you really have nothing to lose (and maybe without that pressure you even learn to act)

by Anonymousreply 222February 24, 2019 7:39 PM

r209, I think he was up all night crying, this breaks my heart. :(

by Anonymousreply 223February 24, 2019 7:40 PM

R209 I enjoyed my time in London a lot more than you did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224February 24, 2019 8:33 PM

Looks like Tim Kruger (big dicked porn top) wants a piece of Shawn too.

Obviously just a joke but if Shawn's read it I'm sure he's dilated with excitement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 24, 2019 9:08 PM

R225 TK would destroy that hole.

by Anonymousreply 226February 24, 2019 10:43 PM

OH come on, if he reads that he will get another anxiety attack

by Anonymousreply 227February 25, 2019 4:50 PM

r225 Is that guy trying to say he's fucking Shawn or something? Why are people asking him to convince Shawn to make a video as if he actually has access to him?

I agree r227

by Anonymousreply 228February 25, 2019 5:03 PM

My virgin hole just had an anxiety attack, R227

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 25, 2019 5:59 PM

R229 Virgin hole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 25, 2019 9:21 PM

Zac posted a hot video clip from Italy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 25, 2019 11:08 PM

Someone has a crush on Rami Malek...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 26, 2019 4:11 AM

I hope this is the part of his speech that inspired him so much

[quote] "That kid was struggling with his identity, trying to figure himself out ... I think to anyone struggling with theirs and trying to discover their voice... we made a film about a gay man, an immigrant, who lived his life just unapologetically himself. The fact that I'm celebrating him and this story with you tonight is proof that we're longing for stories like this."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233February 26, 2019 4:15 AM

Rami makes my hole so moist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 26, 2019 4:47 AM

r232 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 235February 26, 2019 11:25 AM

Looks like Rami has overtaken John in Shawn's affections.

by Anonymousreply 236February 26, 2019 11:34 AM

r236 Shame that's not going to go very far, seeing how many times he kissed her gf before he went to accept the award...

by Anonymousreply 237February 26, 2019 12:25 PM

So up until now our theory has been that Shawn is attracted to guys twice his age in their 40's (eg. John Mayer, Justin Trudeau, Jared Leto, etc.)

How does Rami fit into Shawn's attraction profile?

by Anonymousreply 238February 26, 2019 1:06 PM

r238 Maybe he just admires him? You know, as an actor. And it seems like he really loved the movie, he tweeted this after he watched it

[quote] Bohemian Rhapsody leaving me speechless. Im all messed up, wow.

It seems like it really struck a chord with him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239February 26, 2019 1:20 PM

Btw Rami Malek is 37, so not that far from his 40's as well

by Anonymousreply 240February 26, 2019 1:28 PM

True, although Rami isn't as much of a DILF type as Mayer, Trudeau, & Leto.

by Anonymousreply 241February 26, 2019 1:39 PM

I’ve jerked off to Bohemian Rhapsody so many times! 💦

by Anonymousreply 242February 26, 2019 4:07 PM

He looks really gay in all of these

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 26, 2019 5:45 PM

H e a v e n

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 26, 2019 5:45 PM

Hi5, R243 ...but remember I’m not gay cause I’ve said it publicly...twice. Don’t make me cry.

by Anonymousreply 245February 26, 2019 5:49 PM

He’s handsome I guess but could not be more boring. He should sing Christian music.

by Anonymousreply 246February 26, 2019 5:53 PM

My dick looks thicc and juicy in these jeans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 26, 2019 5:54 PM

I like the tucked in shirt, I don't know if that's the right pants to do it though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 26, 2019 7:05 PM

*tucked in shirt look I mean

by Anonymousreply 249February 26, 2019 7:07 PM

Jeans bulge is not always a true bulge.

by Anonymousreply 250February 26, 2019 7:10 PM

R239 He'll try to grow the mustache now.

by Anonymousreply 251February 26, 2019 10:22 PM

R250 There are already his fangirls saying these pics show his real bulge and that it was somehow "hidden" or edited out of the CK pics!

by Anonymousreply 252February 26, 2019 11:50 PM

Sharing shirts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253February 27, 2019 2:23 AM

R236 It's ok, John has Diplo now 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 27, 2019 3:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255February 27, 2019 3:52 AM

One of the Bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 27, 2019 4:25 PM

I like this shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 27, 2019 4:37 PM

Is he deliberately showing more bulge now?

by Anonymousreply 258February 27, 2019 11:56 PM

The most exciting thing about tour is my shoe collection!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 28, 2019 12:51 AM

Where are the ruby slippers...???

by Anonymousreply 260February 28, 2019 9:24 AM

R259 Even more gay than we thought.

by Anonymousreply 261February 28, 2019 10:15 AM

He really needs a hit song, or at least a catchy one, on the radio while he's still young. and the shoe collection is hilarious(is that real?)

by Anonymousreply 262February 28, 2019 11:41 AM

People are slowly forgetting about him so yeah, I agree with r262.

by Anonymousreply 263February 28, 2019 11:44 AM

R262, that shoe photo collection is from a fangirl IG account, so who knows.

It's written in Spanish but it appears to say that the fangirl would like to see him in the silver shoes, so I don't know if they're actually his shoes or what she imagines his shoe collection to look like.

by Anonymousreply 264February 28, 2019 11:57 AM

r264 It's actually portuguese, no spanish. The fan account seems to credit another fan on the post too, so idk if that's real, I'm not seeing it on other IG fanpages

by Anonymousreply 265February 28, 2019 12:09 PM

*not

by Anonymousreply 266February 28, 2019 12:09 PM

New Emporio Armani ad. So butch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 28, 2019 12:13 PM

Another one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 28, 2019 12:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269February 28, 2019 12:17 PM

That add is really absurd. Trying to sell a product making his look like a tough man is ridiculous. Do a sensitive guy approach and at least it would look believable

by Anonymousreply 270February 28, 2019 2:59 PM

Is it dick time yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271February 28, 2019 7:18 PM

The picture of the shoes came from my stylist’s IG stories. Should I date her? She gets my love for shoes!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272February 28, 2019 9:45 PM

He posted this cringy af fanvid on his IG (even on his stories too)..Lmao why would he do that? Is he really that desperate to sell this hetero, macho image of him? Not to mention his fans who keep pushing it on him. Well, it's not working, is just laughable and pitiful at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 1, 2019 11:31 AM

And then those are the same fangirls who keep saying "don't push your sexuality on him!!"

by Anonymousreply 274March 1, 2019 11:59 AM

R274: I don't blame them, he was the one who put that feeling on print. He seems to think gay people (like if gays were the only ones who think he is gay) project on him and give him anxiety attacts.

I'm surprised that someone so boring and bland got those modeling gigs but it's way more surprising the way gay media keeps promoting him like the RS interview didn't existed. One thing is getting magazines defending him and talking about him like he was the epitome of a new straight masculinity (and not the insecure mess he really is) and other totally different that gay media keeps pushing him like he was gay friendly (that interview was not gay friendly at all). But gay media like this site seems to love way more closet cases than openly gay singers and actors.

More positive news is the fact that Alec Benjamin keeps his song in the Billboard hot 100 even without any radio support till now

by Anonymousreply 275March 1, 2019 7:12 PM

With the bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 1, 2019 11:40 PM

r276 Shawn's 30 load weekend

by Anonymousreply 277March 2, 2019 12:05 AM

Do you think Shawn fantasizes about being banged by a group of his straight bros?

by Anonymousreply 278March 2, 2019 12:35 AM

Another one. You know he just wanted to show off his abs with that movement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 2, 2019 1:14 AM

R278 Bet it gives his hole a guilty quiver.

by Anonymousreply 280March 2, 2019 5:32 AM

Why do we think he’s gay? Because of his mannerisms?

Aren’t we past this yet? Liking MEN makes you gay. Not behaving in a certain way. It’s kind of homophobic and backward to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 281March 2, 2019 9:34 AM

R281: I think it was explained before but he hits the jackpot on stereotypes. Yes, not all people who fits an stereotype are gay, and there a lot of gays who doesn't fit at all in those stereotypes, but Shawn fits them all.

The fact that he overreacts doesn't help his cause, and if he doesn't accept himself he will go the Ian Thorpe route (and frankly i think coming out save his life because he had all the signs of someone who was going to die very soon, and now he looks better and happier)

by Anonymousreply 282March 2, 2019 10:51 AM

I hate it when people claim someone is gay based on mere mannerisms or presentation. It’s so archaic, ignorant, petty, and small minded.

by Anonymousreply 283March 2, 2019 11:06 AM

OH come on, only people without a brain and 15 yo fangirls think Shawn Mendes is straight

by Anonymousreply 284March 2, 2019 11:12 AM

R283: And i'm tired of people who think everyone is straight till proven otherwise, it's ignorant, archaic and small minded

by Anonymousreply 285March 2, 2019 11:13 AM

r 281 / r283 Types like a Tumblr frau

Man (if you are), there are 25 threads about him, you can't expect we post every "evidence" again just because you're years late. Maybe bother to read a few posts before you say stupid shit again. Is way more than his mannerisms, hell just watch OP's gif, do you even have eyes?!

by Anonymousreply 286March 2, 2019 12:39 PM

r286 That's why I picked that .gif. What Shawn's doing in it goes way deeper than mannerisms. He cant stop gazing at the interviewer's chest. No way he wasn't getting hard the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 287March 2, 2019 1:44 PM

R281 This thread is filled with tween girls so you can hardly hope for any kind of intelligence on here.

[QUOTE]you can't expect we post every "evidence" again

Every evidence? Christ, maybe pay more attention at school. Maybe then you'll learn both how to write correctly and also the meaning of the word "evidence".

by Anonymousreply 288March 2, 2019 4:28 PM

Compare the replies these threads get to the replies the "Shawn Mendes is now the fact of Calvin Klein underwear". The latter actually had DLers posting, and the difference is refreshing - that was a thread that was actually funny. Whereas this thread...this is just Tumblr shit. Fetishists of gay men and shitty attempts at fanfic.

Besides, no self-respecting gay man would have an iota of attraction towards Mendes after that RS interview.

by Anonymousreply 289March 2, 2019 4:38 PM

r288 English isn't my native language. If instead of being a condescending asshole you pointed out the mistake, I would've actually appreciated it. Maybe then I'll learn how to write properly and you'll learn how not to be such a massive cunt

by Anonymousreply 290March 2, 2019 5:08 PM

[quote] Besides, no self-respecting gay man would have an iota of attraction towards Mendes after that RS interview.

Datalounge is an online community for gay men with no self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 291March 2, 2019 5:54 PM

R289: But for a reason gay media keeps promoting him. And sorry but i don't understand that. There are tons of handsome singers to promote, but they keep to promote a bland and boring singer who gets anxiety attacks if people think he is gay.

R291: Maybe, but that interview killed his buzz here

by Anonymousreply 292March 2, 2019 8:36 PM

[quote]Besides, no self-respecting gay man would have an iota of attraction towards Mendes after that RS interview.

[quote]Maybe, but that interview killed his buzz here

Well, despite his controversial comments in the RS interview, I've noticed that many gay men are still lusting after Shawn.

Just check out other gay websites like LPSG, FM Forums, JUB, etc. They all have long Shawn threads with people posting new photos of him every day. The Shawn thread on LPSG is approaching *300* pages. It seems there are a lot of gays who still want to get into his pants.

by Anonymousreply 293March 2, 2019 10:35 PM

Lusting after SM is not about what comes out of his mouth, but what goes into it.

by Anonymousreply 294March 3, 2019 1:55 AM

This gay artist has come up with some nice illustrations of Shawn's booty. . .

Will Shawn have a meltdown if he finds it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 3, 2019 6:59 AM

Justin "living his life out loud."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296March 3, 2019 12:31 PM

Why are they in briefs? Why not in more masculine boxer briefs, which they actually wear? SM will not be happy.

by Anonymousreply 297March 3, 2019 12:45 PM

Media and fans were pretty soft on him. Others with half of what he said face a big backlash but he has a lot of magazines defending him, fans blaming the journalist (yes, the journalist hated him and it's very obvious he had zero respect for poor Shawn but it was innocent in all this because Shawn's answers were the ones the caused the controversy).

I think his good looks (i don't find him that attractive, but hey i don't find attractive Tim Chalamet or Cody Fern and internet loves loves loves them) and his good guy image what saved him.

But that doesn't change the fact that the interview was a disaster, he didn't won new fans and he even lost some. He is still very popular but his last album flopped in the USA, so he needs a good first single and he needs it as soon as possible. When you have talent you can survive a flopping album, but when you are not that talented (and he is not that talented, not as a musician, not as a vocalist and his lyrics suck) you need hit songs.

It happened to bigger names, Katy Perry is a good example of someone who was very big that it's now in trouble

by Anonymousreply 298March 3, 2019 12:49 PM

I don't have time to go through all of these threads, did we identity the interviewer in the OP's gif Shawn is salivating over?

by Anonymousreply 299March 3, 2019 1:04 PM

These late-teen, 20-something pop stars are a dime a dozen.

Interest in him is fading fast.

by Anonymousreply 300March 3, 2019 3:05 PM

Namaste, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 3, 2019 11:27 PM

Oh surprise, Daddy Cez is here too! 😏

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302March 3, 2019 11:31 PM

Alec was at JM's house tonight in the audience for his IG show. I bet they're still hanging out together...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303March 4, 2019 3:26 AM

R303 Such a sweet boy, I bet they just cuddled. Unlike dirty Shawnie, who'd be all over that Mayercock as soon as he got there.

by Anonymousreply 304March 4, 2019 11:15 AM

You have a vulgar imagination r304

by Anonymousreply 305March 4, 2019 12:12 PM

Thought this was worth pointing out. This is an article about a Canadian show like The Voice and one of the contestants. Guess who they consider their dream collaborators? Shawn Mendes [italic] and [italic] Alec Benjamin.

[quote] Shawn Mendes, Bazzi, Alec Benjamin,” he said. “They’re all very cool. All kind of new pop-R&B, not just poppy pop, it’s all very cool, very swag with great lyrics.”

He also mentioned someone who has a thread on the DL that isn’t as popular, Bazzi. This is just one indication that these are Shawn’s rivals, with Alec being the most serious one to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 4, 2019 1:57 PM

I’m so straight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307March 4, 2019 4:25 PM

That pictures at least 5 years old

by Anonymousreply 308March 4, 2019 4:27 PM

R308: But he is as straight now as he was 5 years ago

by Anonymousreply 309March 4, 2019 6:32 PM

R309 Is that sarcasm or...?

by Anonymousreply 310March 4, 2019 11:01 PM

R305 What's your point?

by Anonymousreply 311March 5, 2019 2:06 AM

This thread seems to be veering off course.

by Anonymousreply 312March 5, 2019 2:08 AM

R312 The course of Shawn being desperately gay and repressed?

by Anonymousreply 313March 5, 2019 2:35 AM

The meanness of gay men certainly wouldn’t help him come out if he were gay

by Anonymousreply 314March 5, 2019 2:40 AM

If?

by Anonymousreply 315March 5, 2019 2:44 AM

R314 He'd have legions of gay support for coming out if he'd not been suck a little jackass. He probably still would if he'd just apologize.

by Anonymousreply 316March 5, 2019 3:01 AM

R314: He was a complete jerk in that interview, a respected gay should not support him unless he changes

R310: I thought it was obvious, he is exactly as straight as he was 5 years ago. Exactly the same

by Anonymousreply 317March 5, 2019 2:19 PM

I’m talking about the meanness of gay men that predates the interview and is not even related to it now

by Anonymousreply 318March 5, 2019 2:27 PM

I don't care about it. I used to like him (ii don't find him talented but he seemed a nice guy) but in that interview he comes across a self absorbed jerk so i couldn't care less. Frankly i this point i prefer him to not come out, i'm pretty sure he'll have a nice time pretending (i hope he is taking acting classes because he is awful pretending hi is interested on a girl) and at least he can blame his anxiety attacks on others.

That interview had little redeeming qualities, and unfortunately i think it's closer to his real self than the charade of the nice guy

by Anonymousreply 319March 5, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote] he is exactly as straight as he was 5 years ago

Lmao, so not at all?

r318 He was the one being a homophobic asshole but "the meanness of gay men" is what "predates the interview"? What?? And to think heterosexual people are so kind to us 🙄 r314 If there's something that won't help him to come out is his own self hate and internalized homophobia

by Anonymousreply 320March 5, 2019 3:15 PM

Firstly, as I stated upthread, behaviours don’t make you gay. Jake Bain isn’t somehow straight because he’s masculine.

Secondly, the way people sometimes address Shawn’s supposed gayness is like the femmephobic sissy-shaming that we’re supposed to be against. It’s a like a gotcha thing, like ‘we’ve caught you out again’. We’re effectively redeploying homophobia. That’s why I hate when people like Lindsey Graham are attacked for being effeminate by Jon Stewart etc.. They should be being attacked for being bigoted nutjobs, not be shamed for their effeminacy.

by Anonymousreply 321March 5, 2019 5:16 PM

Who cares, Shawn's gay

by Anonymousreply 322March 5, 2019 5:19 PM

The problem with Shawn's interview is that he in fact blamed gay people for his anxiety problem when the truth is gay people are very far from being the only ones who think he is gay.

That moves was really a pathetic attempt to gain sympathy and distance himself from gay rumours. It didn't worked.

Most celebrities have to endure crazy fans but curiously some actors (like the idiot who plays Constantine lover) are only annoyed by the gay fans. Jaime Lorente (élite actor) said recently he stopped openning private messages on instagram because he was tired of watching pornographic pictures. The difference with other people is that he didn't blame gay fans

Shawn showed he is not very inteligent and that his team is really bad. The way the interview was crafted would need a interviewer that was totally on board to sell his message, and not even with that it would have worked.

I need to be seen with someone in public, someone like a girl. Please tell me who dumb straight boy is going to say something so ridiculous. I he wants to project a straight image he should at least try to show some interest in girls. Wanting to be seen with a girl in public to make people think you are straight is not showing interest on a girl at all. It's all about you and the way people watch you.

And then he went on dating Hailey Baldwin. I had some respect for him when he was obviously boycotting the fake relationship his team wanted to sell. I lost all respect after lying with all his teeth. Come on boy, you denied being with her three times and now that she is married (because she was so in love with you that she wasted a nanosecond in going back to her ex) you decided that you really dated her. Yeah, sure.

They wanted him to look edgy and what they get is him looking like an obsessive narcissistic full of self hate and insecurities and bordering on homophobia. Good job

by Anonymousreply 323March 5, 2019 6:12 PM

In Amsterdam today. The big scarf is back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 5, 2019 9:09 PM

[quote]Secondly, the way people sometimes address Shawn’s supposed gayness is like the femmephobic sissy-shaming that we’re supposed to be against. It’s a like a gotcha thing, like ‘we’ve caught you out again’. We’re effectively redeploying homophobia.

Sometimes being the operative word.

I think most people (myself included) who are confident in their belief that Shawn is most probably gay, are drawing inferences from [italic]multiple[/italic] cues. Unintentionally flirting with hot male interviewers (see OP) being the most telling.

That's how gaydar works. It's holistic and context-bound.

by Anonymousreply 325March 5, 2019 9:42 PM

R325 is correct.

Gaydar exists. I can often tell very quickly (sometimes within seconds) whether a guy is gay based on his vocal intonations or mannerisms, or other clues.

Of course we shouldn't base things just on that or be too stereotypical, but when there are a whole host of clues, you'd have to be blind not to pay attention to what your dar is telling you.

And the reason Shawn is on the radar is because even straights can tell. We're not just going by a couple of stereotypical mannerisms -- it's because his whole situation leans that way:

1. gay voice

2. gay face

3. gay mannerisms

4. reacting to shirtless male dancers

5. intently looking at male interviewers (see OP's gif)

6. no girlfriend, despite being a famous attractive singer with 40 million followers who millions of women post every day they want to sleep with

7. constant outbursts about people asking if he's gay

by Anonymousreply 326March 5, 2019 11:52 PM

He’s gross and unattractive. I’d rather he be straight.

by Anonymousreply 327March 6, 2019 12:03 AM

And I thought the poster who keeps insisting Shawn is straight was delusional, but here comes r 327...

by Anonymousreply 328March 6, 2019 12:58 AM

There is a point there. If Shawn were not young and pretty, I suspect considerably fewer shits would be given about him by the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 329March 6, 2019 3:18 AM

[quote]Interest in him is fading fast.

Gurl bye. All he has to do is give that tight pink hole to the hottest rapper or producer and he's got another hit.

by Anonymousreply 330March 6, 2019 3:33 AM

Check out her heels!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331March 6, 2019 11:01 AM

R329: If he didn't were young and atractive (to be honest i find him cute at best) people will think he is gay anyway, but yes, there'll be less interest in him.

Of course interest is relative, there are not attractive singers like Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith who have more fans and bigger sales than Shawn, but Shawn attracts teenage girls which is the type of fan that makes more noise, specially on internet

by Anonymousreply 332March 6, 2019 5:55 PM

I suspect she will go trans at some point.

by Anonymousreply 333March 6, 2019 5:57 PM

Who likes my new necklace? 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334March 7, 2019 12:44 AM

I like his style, even tho some of you bitches don't. He usually wears a little something for us gurls, like heels or a cute necklace. Or his fabulous scarves hunny

by Anonymousreply 335March 7, 2019 2:19 AM

R334 Gurl is tryin' to appease the Christians.

by Anonymousreply 336March 7, 2019 2:50 AM

Meanwhile Alec continues stealing JM from Shawn. He knows how to keep a man's attention...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 7, 2019 3:53 AM

Is he really a young OLD QUEEN?

by Anonymousreply 338March 7, 2019 4:07 AM

I’m ready

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339March 7, 2019 4:52 AM

Close up of Shawn's cut cock outline:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340March 7, 2019 5:40 AM

He has a large wide mouth.

by Anonymousreply 341March 7, 2019 6:44 AM

I wonder if he'll freak out when he starts looking a little older.

by Anonymousreply 342March 7, 2019 11:10 AM

One thing he and Alec have in common is how incredibly bad their teams are launching their careers.

Shawn's team didn't promote Life of the party to radio even when it was selling really well and they tried with Something big and that song flopped. Then they tried with Life of the party but it was too late. Stitches saved his career.

Now Alec has a song on the billboard hot 100 without any airplay and his team didn't push it to radio yet, it's difficult to believe such incompetence

by Anonymousreply 343March 7, 2019 2:09 PM

The good news for Alec is it's his first single. If it somehow doesn't get legs because of label incompetence, they'll try a second one which will hopefully do better. Shawn, on the other hand, has no room for error when his next album comes out in 2020. He has to have a big hit right out of the gate or he's going to flop hard and that will be the end of his career. Pop music is unforgiving for established stars and Shawn has been slagging. The pressure is on and I bet you his anxiety ridden self won't handle it well at all. A meltdown will follow.

by Anonymousreply 344March 7, 2019 2:28 PM

I'm surprised the Shawn Mendes troll hasn't commented on this. Shawn clearly wants the teenage frauen to go away so he can hook up with men in peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345March 7, 2019 2:35 PM

R345 But I'm sure his back door will remain open until the early hours

by Anonymousreply 346March 7, 2019 3:21 PM

Chaotic bottom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347March 7, 2019 4:09 PM

1st show of my world tour, I’m feeling sassy! 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348March 7, 2019 6:59 PM

Alec’s team could never!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349March 7, 2019 7:02 PM

R345, I want everybody to know that I like my dick after 9pm, it helps me sleep better!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350March 7, 2019 7:16 PM

Can we talk about the fact that he created a literal museum about himself in his tour’s VIP area? Who does he think he is, Cher??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351March 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Also, let’s take a moment to appreciate the giant pink blooming rosebud in the middle of his arena concert. She’s not subtle, bless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 8, 2019 12:19 AM

Does this mean somebody's had Shawn's rosebud?

by Anonymousreply 353March 8, 2019 12:28 AM

R353 Probably just that he's eager for someone to deflower him.

by Anonymousreply 354March 8, 2019 1:22 AM

He posted a video clip from Amsterdam:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355March 8, 2019 1:38 AM

I hope to see him at NZ Sauna during his stay in Amsterdam. Or at least at a Febo.

by Anonymousreply 356March 8, 2019 1:43 AM

His shitty ear piercings look very gay I mean did anyone tell him!

by Anonymousreply 357March 8, 2019 2:02 AM

Who will deflower me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358March 8, 2019 2:54 AM

Cez's hand on his leg...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359March 8, 2019 5:19 AM

Justin Bieber commented on a fan account's post about Shawn & Hailey. The fact that he doesn't feel threatened even after Shawn said he supposedly had feelings for her, just shows that she was a beard and JB knows the truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 8, 2019 5:24 AM

R360, I notice that Justin doesn't know the difference between "their" and "they're".

by Anonymousreply 361March 8, 2019 5:35 AM

He's having a concert here in Norway soon. Can't wait for the inevitable interviews proclaiming how straight he is, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 362March 8, 2019 6:09 AM

R362, is he popular in Norway?

by Anonymousreply 363March 8, 2019 7:04 AM

🙄 It's beginning...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364March 8, 2019 9:40 AM

Shawn’s got to be riding that daddy’s dick, right? I can’t see any other scenario.

by Anonymousreply 365March 8, 2019 11:33 AM

Well R359 seemed to answer Shawn Mendes troll's question.

by Anonymousreply 366March 8, 2019 1:38 PM

r366 There's more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367March 8, 2019 1:52 PM

I doubt Alessia is on the mood to beard for him. Right now that's a toxic job

by Anonymousreply 368March 8, 2019 2:48 PM

Good for Shawn. Cute couple

by Anonymousreply 369March 8, 2019 5:43 PM

Hailey Baldwin always looks like she’s ready to commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 370March 8, 2019 5:46 PM

RIP Shawn's hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 8, 2019 6:17 PM

Love masc Shawn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 8, 2019 6:47 PM

Daddy Cez can deflower me any day! 🌹

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 8, 2019 7:08 PM

I think this fits Shawn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374March 8, 2019 8:54 PM

Who is the bottom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 8, 2019 11:06 PM

Who do you think?

by Anonymousreply 376March 8, 2019 11:07 PM

Someone better give Shawn a good fucking before he sits on a speed cone.

by Anonymousreply 377March 8, 2019 11:32 PM

Literally not homophobic! 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378March 9, 2019 1:07 AM

R377, speed cones come to meeeeee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 9, 2019 1:53 AM

Ugh I wanna to lick those pits so bad

by Anonymousreply 380March 9, 2019 2:57 AM

I just want to sniff em

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381March 9, 2019 2:59 AM

Come lick and sniff, boys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382March 9, 2019 3:20 AM

Please, no licking Shawn's pits after 9 pm - show some consideration

by Anonymousreply 383March 9, 2019 3:34 AM

What do his balls smell like after a concert?

by Anonymousreply 384March 9, 2019 6:26 AM

To bae or not to bae?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385March 9, 2019 10:47 PM

r385 Told you... So predictable

by Anonymousreply 386March 9, 2019 11:52 PM

^ r364 I mean

by Anonymousreply 387March 9, 2019 11:53 PM

I'm being seen with a girl!

by Anonymousreply 388March 9, 2019 11:55 PM

Maybe he’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 389March 9, 2019 11:56 PM

Knowing he's gay makes it even funnier

by Anonymousreply 390March 9, 2019 11:57 PM

Maybe he's in the closet.

Whatever though I'm losing interest in him more and more everyday

by Anonymousreply 391March 9, 2019 11:58 PM

Alesia Cara seems a bit lesbianish. Could be a mutual bearding situation.

by Anonymousreply 392March 9, 2019 11:58 PM

I still find it amazing that Shawn & his team don't realize how bizarre his Rolling Stone interview was.

It would sound weird enough for him to say he needs to be seen with a girl, but to say he needs to be seen with someone LIKE a girl was even weirder.

If he doesn't want to be with a girl, what other species would he want to be with? A Klingon? A Cyberman?

by Anonymousreply 393March 10, 2019 12:26 AM

r393 Maybe trans lmao

by Anonymousreply 394March 10, 2019 12:32 AM

Shawn needs to make a song about 9pm, when the trade arrives at the hotel for him

by Anonymousreply 395March 10, 2019 12:39 AM

9pm is armpit time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396March 10, 2019 1:38 AM

Talk about an evolution R396

by Anonymousreply 397March 10, 2019 1:46 AM

Do you like my fabulous new scarf, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398March 10, 2019 5:40 AM

R390: No, it makes it even more pathetic.

I hope he does the fake relationship and that implossion in his face. He trully deserves it

by Anonymousreply 399March 10, 2019 11:21 AM

Shawn with a crazy fanboy who got the same tattoos as him. I wonder if he's a DLer lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400March 10, 2019 12:22 PM

I think they're testing the bearding thing with different women to see which one convinces the biggest number of fans, like if they can even convince DLers that he's in a real het relationship

by Anonymousreply 401March 10, 2019 3:20 PM

R398 Hopefully Shawnie has someone he can trust with his love of scarfing.

by Anonymousreply 402March 10, 2019 3:54 PM

"...if they can even convince DLers that he's in a real het relationship."

Not even if you chop off our heads would we believe Mr. Mendes is a heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 403March 10, 2019 4:14 PM

r403 Idk, there's always people like r389...

by Anonymousreply 404March 10, 2019 5:55 PM

R401: It's not a good idea. The RS interview is still fresh and he is a terrible actor. What he needs is a hit to put his career in the right path because at least in the USA it seems on the verge to derail. The fake girlfriend is simply a distraction, and a dangerous one. If he is unable to sell the relationship it would not matter how much the magazines push to sell that crap (they did it with Hailey and it didn't worked) he will be mocked and probably that'll lead to a bad reaction.

If they do the whole bearding thing just before or during the promo he will be questioned and sooner or later that'll end very bad for him.

But hey, it'll be funny to watch his career explode. He is doing a lot of merits to deserve it

by Anonymousreply 405March 10, 2019 6:19 PM

Do you like my booty? 🍑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406March 10, 2019 6:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407March 10, 2019 8:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 10, 2019 8:56 PM

This is sad. How long gas it been since the RS interview. Maybe they decided to wait a specific period if time before they had Shawn be seen with "someone like a girl"

by Anonymousreply 409March 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Well, they are on tour together so there are going to be pics of them. I don't think Alessia is the kind of singer who wants a fake relationship to bust her profile but who knows

by Anonymousreply 410March 10, 2019 9:30 PM

Well, if he picks her for his beard he can also claim how progressive he is -- a multicultural beard!

by Anonymousreply 411March 10, 2019 10:31 PM

Alessia honey will you be my top? 🌹

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412March 11, 2019 12:42 AM

The beard obviously isn't for our benefit.

He doesn't care what the gays think.

It only needs to be plausible enough to fool his fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 413March 11, 2019 1:03 AM

I cannot get over that Rolling Stone interview. Cold sweats in the middle of the night? Panic attack while watching Love Simon?

Shawn needs a therapist and needs to come out, period. Not for the tabloids or the thirsty gays, but for HIMSELF. His sexuality is clearly eating at him. That constant feeling of anxiety and depression that comes with being in the closet and not being yourself is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 414March 11, 2019 1:11 AM

[quote] It only needs to be plausible enough to fool his fangirls

And they're eating it up, lots of comments about how "cute" they are and some of them are already shipping it.

[quote] Panic attack while watching Love Simon

Tbf the panic attack wasn't because of the movie per se, but because "In my Blood" was released that night while he was watching it

by Anonymousreply 415March 11, 2019 1:57 AM

"I don't think Alessia is up to it" my ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 11, 2019 2:06 AM

And ofc his photographer HAS to capture every single one of their interactions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417March 11, 2019 2:07 AM

Poor Freddie Mercury, first that shitty biopic and now this? He must be rolling in his grave. One of the replies to this tweet though "I always say that @ShawnMendes is our new generation’s Freddie!" 🤦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418March 11, 2019 2:11 AM

R418 He'll try to grow the mustache, because it looks so hetero.

by Anonymousreply 419March 11, 2019 2:32 AM

Very good analysis, R414.

by Anonymousreply 420March 11, 2019 2:57 AM

R418, I scream just like that when I finger myself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421March 11, 2019 6:28 AM

R416/R417, it does kind of look like they may be trying to get the fangirls into thinking they are together in those photos.

by Anonymousreply 422March 11, 2019 7:10 AM

R421 Gonna stretch out your hole if you keep fiddling with it, hun.

by Anonymousreply 423March 11, 2019 11:04 AM

Shawn posted this today:

(Liked by The Stenmark Twins)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 11, 2019 1:15 PM

r424 And John Mayer ;)

by Anonymousreply 425March 11, 2019 1:31 PM

By the way, he left some heart emojis on JM's last post. About time he reciprocates some of the love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 11, 2019 1:51 PM

R426, maybe Shawn was worried that Alec is moving in on his territory?

by Anonymousreply 427March 11, 2019 1:54 PM

r427 Alec pissed all over his territory already. He's constantly liking/commenting Mayer's pictures and even was at his house the other day.

by Anonymousreply 428March 11, 2019 2:14 PM

Where were you when we confused @troyesivan with @ShawnMendes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 11, 2019 2:16 PM

[quote]and even was at his house the other day.

What a little bitch!

by Anonymousreply 430March 11, 2019 2:22 PM

The RS destroyed his nice guy image for some people but not in the way it was expected to do it.

And i repeat, i doubt they'll go full beard with Alessia Cara. Posting pics of them together during the tour is one thing, that's for create some buzz and all that. If they go posting them kissing (Chalamet style) it would be very different.

And there are fangirls and fangirls. Some buy everything the artist say, others are way more inteligent. Anyway, this is not only about fangirls, the same way the rumours about him are not only a thing from gays.

I isuppose hi will be reluctant to go the bearding route, the same way that Rolling Stone journalist was not a fan, Shawn risks that an interview goes south if he promotes a fake relationship. He is not a good actor, and being questioned about a relationship (and that'll happen if he puts the "relationship" front and center could end really bad.

The worst thing is i think this is more about him than his team. He was doing perfectly well, it's not that the rumours were affecting his career at all but he thinks people believing he is gay is the worst thing they can think about him. He is wrong and he'll discover how wrong he was pretty soon if he is not careful

by Anonymousreply 431March 11, 2019 6:25 PM

R430 Sorry ... John got a sample of Alec's homemade lotion and he was immediately hooked. Now he just has to have his regular fix.

by Anonymousreply 432March 11, 2019 6:48 PM

R418 Yikes! He's supposedly been taking singing lessons and he still sounds bad. I'd argue he's gotten even worse over time.

R419 Growing a mustache would make Shawn look like a 70's gay porn star, which is what Freddie looked like when he grew his. It will do nothing to quiet the gay rumors and, in fact, will only make them grow louder.

by Anonymousreply 433March 11, 2019 7:18 PM

R418 Yikes! He's supposedly been taking singing lessons and he still sounds bad. I'd argue he's gotten even worse over time.

R419 Growing a mustache would make Shawn look like a 70's gay porn star, which is what Freddie looked like when he grew his. It will do nothing to quiet the gay rumors and, in fact, will only make them grow louder.

by Anonymousreply 434March 11, 2019 7:19 PM

^ Sorry about the double post. The DL has been acting wonky lately.

by Anonymousreply 435March 11, 2019 7:19 PM

He is really delusional if he thinks he can sing a Queen song. He is not a great singer and he should know that by now

by Anonymousreply 436March 11, 2019 7:23 PM

His career has always been about his looks and his social media. His actual singing talent has always been mediocre so he's basically just like Troye Sivan but better looking and obviously has a better producer and management.

by Anonymousreply 437March 11, 2019 7:28 PM

No, he is not like Troye Sivan at all, Troye Sivan music is way more interesting than anything that Shawn ever released and way less commercial

by Anonymousreply 438March 11, 2019 7:30 PM

r438 We have different tastes in music because Troye sounds like crap.

by Anonymousreply 439March 11, 2019 7:33 PM

One thing is not liking him and other very different is thinking that he is as bad as Shawn. Shawn is a totally prefabricated teen idol

by Anonymousreply 440March 11, 2019 7:35 PM

R440 So you're saying you actually think Troye is a good singer?

by Anonymousreply 441March 11, 2019 7:37 PM

No, Troye is not a good singer, but some of his songs are in fact good. If we are talking about being a vocalist they are equally bad, if we are talking about their music Troye is way better than Shawn.

And his recorded voice is way better too, there's a reason why Adele and Sam Smith like Troye that much

by Anonymousreply 442March 11, 2019 7:41 PM

Who wants a beer? 🍺 This is how I keep my nipples hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443March 11, 2019 9:52 PM

R321 after the pedo allegations she wasn't very close to him anymore

by Anonymousreply 444March 11, 2019 11:25 PM

Someone will post a pic of him smoking and there we'll be.

by Anonymousreply 445March 12, 2019 1:00 AM

Well he already admitted he smokes pot. He said in the RS interview that he needs to smoke pot to deal with his anxiety.

And that he also considered doing mushrooms when he was in Amsterdam.

by Anonymousreply 446March 12, 2019 1:16 AM

The mushroom head I had in Amsterdam was delicious, ty for asking R446

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447March 12, 2019 1:45 AM

And it looks like you may have a mushroom head of your own, Shawn:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448March 12, 2019 5:45 AM

[quote]Well, if he picks her for his beard he can also claim how progressive he is -- a multicultural beard!

She’s Canadian, of Italian descent.

by Anonymousreply 449March 12, 2019 12:59 PM

I guess Bebe Rexha didn’t poll high enough during market research.

by Anonymousreply 450March 12, 2019 1:10 PM

r450 Her tits are too intimidating for him, and he needed an overall less intimidating woman to at least pretend he's into them

by Anonymousreply 451March 12, 2019 1:57 PM

Let's be clear, Bebe is too much woman for him even if he was straight

by Anonymousreply 452March 12, 2019 3:46 PM

He liked this thread on Twitter: "shawn mendes as freddie mercury"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453March 12, 2019 4:41 PM

R453 His fraus are delusional if they think that Shawn is even 1/100th as talented as Freddie Mercury was, even at his low. The comparison is only applicable if we are talking about their open flamboyance but closeted sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 454March 12, 2019 8:17 PM

Delusional and deaf. Even if you take Freddie's charisma and stage presence, he had an amazing voice. Shawn's voice is very mediocre, he can not sing half Queen's songs (and that being generous)

by Anonymousreply 455March 12, 2019 8:36 PM

R454 I'm sure Shawn could be just as talented as Freddie in the bathhouse if he ever overcomes his anxiety

by Anonymousreply 456March 12, 2019 8:41 PM

Could Shawn ever hope to achieve the number of dicks Freddie took?

by Anonymousreply 457March 12, 2019 8:44 PM

[quote]he can not sing half Queen's songs

Ironic since he’s a big queen himself.

by Anonymousreply 458March 12, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote] His fraus are delusional

What's new? He's delusional too for even liking that thread

by Anonymousreply 459March 12, 2019 11:53 PM

I'm being seen with a girl!

by Anonymousreply 460March 12, 2019 11:57 PM

R456 No question Shawn would suck dick better than Freddie. I mean, those teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461March 13, 2019 1:40 AM

Yuck. Why didn't Freddie get something done about that?

by Anonymousreply 462March 13, 2019 1:42 AM

R460 You should give it a try. Who knows, maybe you'll turn out to be a str8 breeder boy after all.

by Anonymousreply 463March 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Mercury needed the Smile Direct Club hunny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 13, 2019 4:19 AM

"Why didn't Freddie get something done about that (his teeth)?"

Are you the only gay guy who didn't see "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

It's because he was afraid fixing his teeth would affect his singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 465March 13, 2019 5:58 AM

Did you learn nothing from Austin Powers? In England in the 60's you could be a sex symbol and still have bad teeth - it didn't matter!

by Anonymousreply 466March 13, 2019 11:54 AM

[QUOTE]Are you the only gay guy who didn't see "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

No, he isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 467March 13, 2019 12:04 PM

Shawn posted new photos from Norway:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468March 14, 2019 8:56 AM

Some pictures from the Magcon era , he was extremely gay back then. Seems like he toned it down since then. (There's other photos in the link if you swipe)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469March 14, 2019 11:48 AM

Just in case you were too lazy to go to link, here's one holding hands with Cameron Dallas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470March 14, 2019 11:50 AM

Thanks, R469/R470.

I've seen that one before, but it's still worth seeing again.

by Anonymousreply 471March 14, 2019 11:52 AM

But Cameron Dallas isn't gay, is he?

by Anonymousreply 472March 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Alec is so good with his DL fans, giving us the content we deserve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473March 14, 2019 7:48 PM

Flirting with guys too...and here we thought he was so innocent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 14, 2019 7:52 PM

I didn't thought his cold sweat nighmares were really that cold. He seems frozen

by Anonymousreply 475March 14, 2019 7:53 PM

R469, he was my 1st...love. 🍆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476March 15, 2019 12:19 AM

I love it when Daddy Cez calls me BOSS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477March 15, 2019 12:23 AM

R473 I wonder how long it's going to be until Shawn posts a similar pose to compete with new DL favorite Alec Benjamin.

by Anonymousreply 478March 15, 2019 12:30 AM

They all look so gay in [R476] and he couldn't sing then, can't sing now.

by Anonymousreply 479March 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Who wants to lick my sweat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480March 15, 2019 1:17 AM

[quote]"Cameron Dallas is my boyfriend" by Shawn Mendes

What's interesting is that back then, Shawn felt comfortable enough with himself to refer to Cameron as his boyfriend (even though they were probably just friends).

Fast forward to the present day, where Shawn is freaking out in the RS interview at the thought of anyone thinking he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 481March 15, 2019 1:21 AM

r480, holy shit...that's raw and sensual.

by Anonymousreply 482March 15, 2019 1:35 AM

Easier to feel less self-conscious before he was so famous, I expect.

by Anonymousreply 483March 15, 2019 2:30 AM

Why are people saying Shawn can't sing? Is it just one troll repeating himself? He's a singer. His voice is smooth as butter and his riffs are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpHHzv5xGBs

by Anonymousreply 484March 15, 2019 4:49 AM

(Embed fix)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 15, 2019 4:50 AM

Whoever says he can't sing is that same hating ass bitch who picks on his boots. Shawn is fabulous hunny and he can sing circles around most of these young hoes today!

by Anonymousreply 486March 15, 2019 4:52 AM

[quote]His voice is smooth as butter and his riffs are great.

Hi, Shawn! Show us your ass, please!

by Anonymousreply 487March 15, 2019 5:35 AM

Thank you, R486, me and my boots are fab!

Sorry R487, my ass is looking a bit flat lately :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488March 15, 2019 5:54 AM

R473 Alec is an adorable silly.

by Anonymousreply 489March 15, 2019 9:50 AM

Scott Harris, one of the songwriters that work with Shawn, commented on Alec's post " do you have my new address?" or something along those lines. He's really stealing everything from Shawn, huh?

by Anonymousreply 490March 15, 2019 10:57 AM

[quote]Whoever says he can't sing

Which is nearly everyone with ears. And musical taste.

[quote]is that same hating ass bitch who picks on his boots.

Not even close to true. He always [italic]looks[/italic] wonderful. Great clothing choices always.

[quote]Shawn is fabulous hunny

His hunny is [italic]absolutely[/italic] fabulous, I am sure, honey.

by Anonymousreply 491March 15, 2019 11:53 AM

"...Shawn felt comfortable enough with himself to refer to Cameron as his boyfriend (even though they were probably just friends)."

Yeah...just "friends".

That's it...

by Anonymousreply 492March 15, 2019 12:27 PM

R486: Yeah sure, the next will be claiming he is the straight Sam Smith

by Anonymousreply 493March 15, 2019 2:52 PM

R484 Did you listen to R418? Or ever see this clip from James Corden's show? Shawn's singing sucks and it's not just one troll saying this, it's anyone who has functioning ears. The boy has pitchy, uneven vocals and a very limited range. Everyone on the DL knows this. It's just that they used to masturbate to him constantly due to his good looks. Now that he's shut himself deeper into the closet, the allure has worn off and the vast majority of posters just make fun of him (rightfully so). Get with the program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494March 15, 2019 3:33 PM

r494, Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 495March 15, 2019 3:37 PM

It seems like we have a fangirl (or a sad DLer) loose around here willing to defend him no matter what

by Anonymousreply 496March 15, 2019 3:55 PM

*on the loose

by Anonymousreply 497March 15, 2019 3:56 PM

R497 Loose or on the loose were both fine.

by Anonymousreply 498March 15, 2019 5:40 PM

R480 That is one of the hottest pics of him! I'd be down to lick those sweaty pits.

by Anonymousreply 499March 15, 2019 7:17 PM

Can you imagine how ripe he'd be after a concert?

by Anonymousreply 500March 15, 2019 7:27 PM

Just ewww r499

by Anonymousreply 501March 15, 2019 7:41 PM

R501 Meh just a kink

by Anonymousreply 502March 15, 2019 7:48 PM

[quote]Now that he's shut himself deeper into the closet, the allure has worn off

Yeah, I've noticed that there has been a drop in the number of people posting in these Shawn threads.

Last year this thread series filled up a lot faster.

by Anonymousreply 503March 15, 2019 9:35 PM

Because the people talking about him here are so nasty and tiresome. Just vicious

by Anonymousreply 504March 15, 2019 9:38 PM

R504: God, you are really stupid. The guy showed to be an homophobic piece of work, a narcisist more interested in fame than in music and a poser and a fake but there are always a dumb fangirl who feels the need to defend him here.

And no, his threads were popular because he is cute and because people expected him to come out sooner or later, now that it's not going to happen so people lost interest. If he embarras himself with another akward attempt at bearding people will come here to comment.

That or if he release a good song, but the probabilities are higher on an embarrasing fake relationship.

That RS interview killed his buzz here and he is the only guilty one of that

by Anonymousreply 505March 15, 2019 9:43 PM

Also keep in mind that Shawn isn't doing anything news worthy or even something on social media worth commenting on. He's on tour, but he's a boring stiff. When there's a fake beard or mental breakdown (there most certainly will [italic] not [/italic] be a hit song on the horizon), the threads will fill up faster. It's a dead period until one of those two things occur.

by Anonymousreply 506March 15, 2019 10:03 PM

Or he and John Mayer come out as a couple LOL.

by Anonymousreply 507March 15, 2019 11:06 PM

You would have to be exceedingly stupid to ever believe he would come out as gay

by Anonymousreply 508March 15, 2019 11:10 PM

[quote] his threads were popular because he is cute and because people expected him to come out sooner or later

Also because he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy, we were aware he wasn't the best singer out there but he was cute and all around inoffensive...until the RS interview, where he showed his true colors and people here (including me) were disappointed in him.

I remember there was a poster, probably a fangirl but one of the no annoying ones, who used to post new pictures everyday and his whereabouts, she/he disappeared too I guess

by Anonymousreply 509March 16, 2019 12:45 AM

R509, I was disappointed by Shawn's behavior, too. I don't dislike Shawn as much as the other posters above, and I try to keep in mind that he is only *20* and that there are celebrities twice his age who are still deeply closeted.

But I do think that he went overboard by saying he wakes up at night anxious about gay rumors, and that he needs to be seen with someone LIKE a girl. It sounds so bizarre.

There are many celebrities who are deeply closeted or who beard, but they normally don't go that far.

by Anonymousreply 510March 16, 2019 1:15 AM

R504 Shawn Mendes (not the troll) coming here to throw shade rather than come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 511March 16, 2019 1:56 AM

R510 Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 512March 16, 2019 2:29 AM

Shawn posted some new pics from Sweden today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513March 16, 2019 6:07 AM

Cameron Dallas doesnt seem to have or had so many girlfriends. That song and handholding might have been a joke. but wonder if not one or both of them has been "warned" of that appearing to be gay is a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 514March 16, 2019 6:40 AM

I used to think Cameron Dallas was gay because he pings a lot. But I'm not so sure because there are several women out there who claim they have been hit on by him.

Maybe he's just a very metrosexual straight boy.

by Anonymousreply 515March 16, 2019 7:43 AM

"Maybe he's (Cameron Dallas) just a very metrosexual straight boy."

Sure, Jan...

by Anonymousreply 516March 16, 2019 11:11 AM

"Metrosexual" is just a guy that cares a lot about his image, grooming and fashion, etc. Think of someone like most football (soccer) players. It doesn't mean they ping, if they do is because of different reasons, like Shawn and Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 517March 16, 2019 12:04 PM

R515: As long as a celebrity is in the closet there will be women claiming to have sex with him, no matter if the guy is openly gay to friends and family and not bearding, as long as he is not publicly gay there will be opportunistic attention seekers.

And the he is only 20 excuse just don't work in this case. This is not a case of someone saying he is not totally straight when he is in fact totally gay, or someone who let people think that the female friend he hangs out is more than a friend, we are talking about someone who blame gays for push their sexual orientation on him, who said that he wakes up in cold sweat because people could think he is gay, who change the way he acts because someone somewhere could think his mannierism are gay. I'm pretty sure they pushed the anxiety on the interview to gain sympathy and in my opinion they failed big time.

by Anonymousreply 518March 16, 2019 12:45 PM

You thought I was down for the count when my song fell off the hot 100, but you thought wrong, Shawn. I'm back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 16, 2019 9:18 PM

So I take it Shawn is not going to be at the Junos (the Canadian music awards) tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 520March 16, 2019 9:25 PM

I still don't understand why the label don't promote Alec's single. It made the hot 100 without any radio support which generally means it will do way better if people can hear the song on the radio. What's the purpose to have Alessia Cara making a duet if you are not going to promote the song (which is very catchy by the way)

by Anonymousreply 521March 16, 2019 9:37 PM

Shawn's tour is now in Copenhagen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 17, 2019 1:06 AM

r521 If you look at his Twitter you'd see he's constantly being played on the radio and added to playlists though, idk if that's his record label's doing or just the radios though. Example 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523March 17, 2019 1:26 AM

Example 2:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524March 17, 2019 1:26 AM

Isn't there an Alec Benjamin thread (or two)...???

You AB queens really need to put your posts there.

by Anonymousreply 525March 17, 2019 1:41 AM

That would be this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526March 17, 2019 2:06 AM

Yeah, although this 'rivalry' between Shawn & Alec gives us something to talk about on DL, in reality Alec doesn't really pose much of a threat to Shawn.

Alec is actually 4 years older than Shawn, so he's not really a threat to Shawn's twink status. Alec is not as attractive as Shawn, so he likely won't have as big of a female or gay fanbase. And Shawn has 42 million followers on IG -- way, way ahead of where Alec is.

by Anonymousreply 527March 17, 2019 2:10 AM

R527 [Quote] Alec doesn't really pose much of a threat to Shawn.

Yet. He may not be as attractive or popular as Shawn, but Alec has more talent and he's already winning over a large segment of Shawn's fanbase and, as shown in several other posts, Shawn's collaborators and friends. It's only a matter of time before the rivalry we discuss here becomes one the rest of the internet takes notice of. Ed Sheeran sells many more records than Shawn and he's on the same label as Alec. Alec's lack of youthful twinkiness doesn't matter if he delivers the goods and sells a lot of records. Beauty isn't everything.

by Anonymousreply 528March 17, 2019 3:04 AM

Alec's success (now or to come) doesn't have to be a threat to Shawn, or anyone. There's plenty of room on the stage. I think it would be hilarious if Alec ended up as Shawn's opening act at some point.

I could see Alec being taken more seriously as an artist, in part because his looks aren't driving his career in the way that Shawn's clearly are.

by Anonymousreply 529March 17, 2019 4:56 AM

I've never even heard of Alec outside of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 530March 17, 2019 4:58 AM

When you watch Bohemian Rhapsody once.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 17, 2019 5:39 AM

I'm the next Freddie Mercury!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 17, 2019 5:40 AM

[quote]shawn mendess closet

Is that just a fangirl IG for literally just posting photos of what Shawn wears, or is the 'closet' meant to have another meaning?

by Anonymousreply 533March 17, 2019 7:11 AM

R530 Literally same!

by Anonymousreply 534March 17, 2019 7:13 AM

r533 Just what he wears, as you can see

by Anonymousreply 535March 17, 2019 8:07 AM

Found this creepy IG that has a lot, of what it seems personal, photos of Shawn and his parents, I don't know how the fuck they even got them. Fangirls are scary sometimes.

Anyway, his mom looks like a tranny

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 17, 2019 11:00 AM

He kinda looks like her when she was young though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 17, 2019 11:01 AM

Check out this one of young Shawn:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 17, 2019 11:37 AM

"I've never even heard of Alec outside of Datalounge."

Neither have we.

by Anonymousreply 539March 17, 2019 12:14 PM

R527: The threat to Shawn Mendes career is the fact that his last album and singles flopped. Sam Smith had only one hit single of his last album, but the album sold well anyway, that's not Shawn's case. If he doesn't come back with a hit single his career is done for a while, at least in the USA

R539: Alec got airplay in Europe way faster than Shawn.

And when i talk about his label is about the fact that the song didn't received and add's day. Yes, some radio station and picking the song but without a real push the song will die outside top 50 (which is exactly what happened with Life of the party)

by Anonymousreply 540March 17, 2019 12:26 PM

R540, but isn't Shawn's current tour pretty successful? He's been in Norway, Sweden & Denmark this week. People all over the world seem to want to go see him.

by Anonymousreply 541March 17, 2019 12:30 PM

R541: Yes, the tour is successful, but if he dissapears from radio and he'll do if he is unable to have hits his profile will low and interest in him will do the same.

He was smart when he promoted himself outside Canada and the USA at the beginning of his career (like Alec is doing) so the danger right now is more about his USA career than his global career.

His last album seemed destined like the RS interview to attract new fans, in both cases he failed miserably. He needs adult fans (the ones that made Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith's career so solid) because an only teen fanbase is very dangerous because they change of idols overnight

by Anonymousreply 542March 17, 2019 1:03 PM

Is Sam Smith really that successful? More so than Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 543March 17, 2019 1:13 PM

R543: They don't play in the same league, not even remotely. Sam's first album sold two millions in the USA. Shawn's albums sales in the USA never reached 500000. Sam is the male singer with more number ones in the UK.

Shawn is a teen hearthrob and he was lucky OD break up so he has zero competence for that niche, but he is the type of artist who is more famous by name than really successful

by Anonymousreply 544March 17, 2019 1:15 PM

500000 album sales seems really low, considering Shawn gets constant radio airplay.

by Anonymousreply 545March 17, 2019 1:17 PM

Shawn's appeal is based on 2 things:

1) He's an attractive Canadian boy next door, and he's non-threatening to his female fanbase.

2) He kind of grew up in front of his fans because he started posting small singing videos of himself online at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 546March 17, 2019 1:20 PM

I think the last one sold way less than that. The two previous ones didn't reach the half million either but they were close. Right now sales are low, so that numbers are not that bad. The problem with the last one is that after In my blood he dissapeared from radio, they waited a lot of time for the second single and even they pushed Lost in Japan, it flopped .

And the big difference between he and Sam is that Sam doesn't need a single on the radio to sell albums because he had adult fans. The same with Ed Sheeran. He became a massive hit maker with the second album (in the USA, he did amazingly well with the first one in UK) but the first album only had one hit (The A team) but the album sold close to one million

IN my blood was supposed to be a more adult song, in fact the reviews of his last album were better than the previous ones, but he failed anyway

by Anonymousreply 547March 17, 2019 1:22 PM

I think it's important to note that most of the money Shawn's music makes comes from streaming. In pure sales, Shawn's numbers are abysmal, but if you add in the hundreds of millions of streams that his obsessive fan base generates, then it starts becoming more lucrative. Still, the real danger, as R542 said, is that his largely teen base fan leaves him for the next new thing (Alec Benjamin) and Shawn isn't able to bring in an adult audience to replace them. That, and not having a hit single for album number four (like Katy Perry) will doom his career.

by Anonymousreply 548March 17, 2019 1:49 PM

The curious thing is that he has everything to make a nice transition to adult singer. He is the typical white male with guitar that won so many american idol seasons in the past.

In my blood was in fact a good idea, the song was not a hit but it did well enough, the problem was everything that happened after that.

And he should think twice before destroying his nice guy image. There's always the temptation (it happened with Disney stars all the time) to abruptly break with your pass but most of the times that doesn't mean a new career and only burning bridges

And that's the reason why the RS interview was such a disaster. With the promotion of new material he should be ready to do a good job because not everybody is going to be sympathetic on interviews and he should be able to solve that without making a fool of himself. That's another reason to avoid a fake relationship because given his lack of abilities to carry a good interview having to endure questions about a relationship has all the elements to end exploding in his face.

In my opinion he should try a single way before the release of the album. And Sam Smith is a good example for that, they messed his career in the USA releasing ballad after ballad after ballad, so before releasing something new he is making dance collaborations. He should try something similar, being in the radio even as a featured artist with something different will be good for him without risking anything at all. If he releases a single just before the album and the single fails his career will be in danger

by Anonymousreply 549March 17, 2019 2:17 PM

[quote] Is Sam Smith really that successful? More so than Shawn?

In the U.S. Sam's success has waned considerably. He started as the male Adele and now he's the British Adam Lambert.

by Anonymousreply 550March 17, 2019 2:41 PM

Should needs to do some collaborations with other artists, be featured on current songs, and maybe do some dance mixes like Sam Smith.

by Anonymousreply 551March 17, 2019 3:23 PM

R550: He made a good bunch of mistakes releasing only ballads, but you are exagerating a lot. Adam Lambert had no number one albums in UK, and even he sold way less than the first album, his second album sold more than any Shawn Mendes albums in the USA.

He had a top 20 hit on the billboard hot 100 right now.

And the male Adele comparisions were ridiculous from the beginning, nobody male or female is remotely close of the level of success Adele has (but Sam could learn a thing or two about her, because even she is mostly knows as a balladist always was able to combine her ballads with more uptempo hits, something Sam failed big time, specially with the second album, and there's no excuse for someone whose first hits were dance tracks)

by Anonymousreply 552March 17, 2019 6:48 PM

Lmao he's really coming for Shawn and everything he owns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553March 17, 2019 10:02 PM

JM with yet another twink.He should take photos like these of Shawn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554March 17, 2019 11:58 PM

R553 He's got the right level of not taking himself seriously.

by Anonymousreply 555March 18, 2019 12:06 AM

[quote]Lmao he's really coming for Shawn and everything he owns

Why? Is there some sort of personal grudge between Alec & Shawn?

by Anonymousreply 556March 18, 2019 1:47 AM

R556 I'd say he was just playing.

by Anonymousreply 557March 18, 2019 2:05 AM

R556 Just a joke. AFAIK their 'rivalry' is something we only made up here

by Anonymousreply 558March 18, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote]Should needs to do some collaborations with other artists, be featured on current songs, and maybe do some dance mixes like Sam Smith.

I agree. Shawn is unique in that so many in the music industry like him and his work. He should capitalize off his more and do more collaborations.

by Anonymousreply 559March 18, 2019 2:16 AM

Really feeling myself with this beauty mask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560March 18, 2019 2:36 AM

Omg! JM just can’t help himself with these cute young guys lol.

by Anonymousreply 561March 18, 2019 7:02 AM

I'm beginning to think JM may be bi after all.

by Anonymousreply 562March 18, 2019 8:48 AM

JM should change his name to Meyer, with all the weenies he's been getting up with lately.

by Anonymousreply 563March 18, 2019 9:35 AM

Well, the thing is, people have always assumed Mayer is a straight pussy hound.

The ladies on The View even talked about it a few months ago when he supposedly said he'd been with 500 women.

But with his strong interest in Shawn, and now these other twinks, I'm beginning to wonder.

by Anonymousreply 564March 18, 2019 11:41 AM

[quote] he supposedly said he'd been with 500 women

That's not remotely what he said though. It was a livestream, his literal words were recorded and even like that media twist it, so I'm to thinking a lot of rumors about him and women started like that too

by Anonymousreply 565March 18, 2019 12:45 PM

Just to add to my last reply:

(Starts at 1:24 min.)

Question: "Blink twice if you slept with over 800 people"

JM: *Doesn't blink*

Q: "Blink once if you slept with over 500 people"

JM: *Again doesn't blink*

That was literally it, he actually said the opposite of what the media interpreted. Also, notice the use of the word "people" not "women", another thing media just assumed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566March 18, 2019 12:55 PM

* At 21:24

by Anonymousreply 567March 18, 2019 12:56 PM

True, but it's kind of hard to know what to read into all that.

by Anonymousreply 568March 18, 2019 1:08 PM

Shawn was in Germany yesterday.

I think France is next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569March 19, 2019 7:20 AM

R520 You'd be wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570March 19, 2019 4:05 PM

It took some time but Let me dow slowly reach the top 50 on pop

by Anonymousreply 571March 19, 2019 7:27 PM

wait til the fangirl comes out as a les and turns trans!

by Anonymousreply 572March 19, 2019 7:29 PM

Meanwhile Shawn is just chomping down on his brunch time dong. He sends his love

by Anonymousreply 573March 19, 2019 7:30 PM

I was watching the pop chart and there are three gay male singers on the chart.

by Anonymousreply 574March 19, 2019 7:31 PM

[quote]Shawn was in Germany yesterday.

Did he visit with Teutonic god Jan while in Cologne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 19, 2019 7:31 PM

Boyfriend material 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576March 19, 2019 8:49 PM

Look, I'm being seen with a girl at R576!

by Anonymousreply 577March 19, 2019 10:00 PM

R577 Clearly they were all wrong about you. Good thing JM has Alec, or he'd be upset.

by Anonymousreply 578March 19, 2019 10:05 PM

R576 That's an old picture though and she's a fan...so no Shawn, still gay

by Anonymousreply 579March 19, 2019 10:42 PM

R579 Oh no, the poor boy still craves dick?

by Anonymousreply 580March 19, 2019 11:20 PM

Gay face x 1000. Those sleeveless shirts he wears don't help him either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581March 20, 2019 1:12 AM

R581 Little peacock likes to show his wings

by Anonymousreply 582March 20, 2019 1:13 AM

Wings and body 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 20, 2019 1:20 AM

We'd see his ankles in the air is a nice thick cock happened by.

by Anonymousreply 584March 20, 2019 1:29 AM

[quote]We'd see his ankles in the air is a nice thick cock happened by.

He will keep his high heels on though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 20, 2019 1:38 AM

[quote]Little peacock likes to show his wings

His vanity always shines through.

by Anonymousreply 586March 20, 2019 1:39 AM

How much quality twink ass is John Mayer regularly pulling in?

by Anonymousreply 587March 20, 2019 1:39 AM

R587 I bet JM could pound a different twink ass every night if he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 588March 20, 2019 1:40 AM

Having fun in Paris 💁🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589March 20, 2019 2:41 AM

So is it true that Shawn's tour is coming to New York in August?

Are any of you bitches going?

by Anonymousreply 590March 20, 2019 2:51 AM

R590 Someone's ass is getting groped.

by Anonymousreply 591March 20, 2019 3:00 AM

Part 26 in this bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592March 20, 2019 3:30 AM

R592 The title of that thread is worse than this one. His bussy doesn't even rule Grindr, let alone the entire music industry.

by Anonymousreply 593March 20, 2019 3:49 AM

The other thread is already ten posts in so we might as well finish this one up.

by Anonymousreply 594March 20, 2019 5:28 AM

Five.

by Anonymousreply 595March 20, 2019 5:28 AM

Four.

by Anonymousreply 596March 20, 2019 5:29 AM

Three.

by Anonymousreply 597March 20, 2019 5:29 AM

Two.

by Anonymousreply 598March 20, 2019 5:29 AM

One....

by Anonymousreply 599March 20, 2019 5:29 AM

Alec Benjamin is going to have the last laugh this year, mark my words. ;)

by Anonymousreply 600March 20, 2019 5:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!