Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars Season 4: Part 2

Link to part one below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601February 24, 2019 6:33 PM

One thing that I think is really obvious this season, is that none of the eliminated queens deserved to come back (and I include Latrice).

This isn't normally true with All Stars, but when you look at who remains and who was eliminated, it seems correct.

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2019 5:11 PM

I know she’s divisive, but I love Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2019 5:36 PM

Trinity claimed she wasn't nervous, but she gave the weakest lip sync of the queens still in the game. Gia should have picked her.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2019 6:25 PM

Gee...I NEVER would have guessed that Latrice was going to be saved. Never in a million years. And, I repeat, Trinity The Tuck is the lamest fucking name yet.

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2019 10:57 PM

I think the four queens that competed against the returning queens pretty much all won. It was really difficult to pick a winner from Latrice and Monique and Ru just decided to keep them both. Good call.

Trinity's outfit was to die for. Bitch has some body. She also knew the words to the song, something that the other guy did not. He was just moving his mouth a lot of the time. So was Farrah, she didn't know the words either. He hid his mouth with his hair. Valentina totally won her lip sync.

So glad Gia lost again. Naomi is some freak with that body! Wowza!

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2019 9:15 AM

Everybody keeps saying it was all set up to save Valentina, but I think it was all for Latrice. She was cute on Season 4, but now I am on the verge of hating her. All that ego, unprofessionalism, lack of talent, and delusion just kill me. Now she is back. Expect another episode full of whining, complaining, criticizing, and all that pointless stuff with zero talent and taste on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2019 11:09 AM

Wilson has resting concussion face.

If Latrice is so great, why can't she pick matching shoes?

Naomi got what she needed from this season. She's gone from a boring and undeserving finalist to someone to watch.

No more wine in the green room. Better check Ru's dressing room too.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2019 12:51 PM

Fuck this All Stars is such shite, listening to these boring little fucks go on and on about nothing, just put on a wig and be funny you clueless cuntless wonders....BUT Valentina is totally delusional, I want him to freeze and totally fuck up Rent Live. Actually can totally see that happening

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2019 7:17 PM

[quote]No more wine in the green room. Better check Ru's dressing room too.

Yes, RuPaul was noticeably loose and energetic this episode. Someone seemed like they had just powdered their nose.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2019 7:20 PM

R1 has it completely correct. Jasmine and Farrah are not in any way "All Stars" and their eliminations were fair and justified. Gia should not have been on the show to begin with, we know why, I'm not getting into it here. The thought of having any of those three come back, and any of the remaining ones leave as a result did not sit well with me.

Latrice was the only one that even remotely deserved to return, but like the rest of you I'm getting tired of her continual under-performing and under-delivering, and that "beloved queen" comment is still jarring. The fact that Ru still kept Monique after the LSFYL made the whole venture of specifically bringing her back really transparent.

But hey, the straight girls at my work that watch the show all loved it, and are loving the season overall, so mission accomplished, VH1.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2019 7:52 PM

People had too high of expectations of Latrice who has never actually been that great at the Drag Race game, I said that before the season aired.

I honestly don't think she has under-performed, she has done as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2019 7:56 PM

Latrice’s jowl whiskers were painful looking. Especially if she was dry shaving. 😳

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2019 8:06 PM

Latrice and her entitlement need to be sent packing again ASAP. A lot of Valentina hate on here, but I kind of love her. Yes, she's delusional, but she sure knows how to draw attention on the stage. I don't see anyone beating Manilla at this point, including Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2019 2:42 AM

Valentina is a little batty and delusional but maybe it’s just for show. To psych everybody out.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2019 4:28 AM

I'm so over Monique and Monet bulldozing their way through the season, monopolizing every moment of camera time with Monique's shrill screaming and Monet's warmed-over cliche observations that's so proud of. If either one of them wins, it's going to be an embarrassing blight on the show, especially if it's Monet with her cheap and amateurish runway looks.

I'd take Latrice underperforming over the two of them at their best any day.

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2019 11:42 PM

In the last episode Farrah at 15:05 reminded me of Jennifer North in Valley of the Dolls, but just for a second. Sharon Tate was fabulous, Farrah is not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2019 12:33 AM

Season 12 is officially casting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2019 12:35 AM

Wilson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2019 6:35 AM

more...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2019 6:36 AM

R18/R19- Gia before she transitioned?

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2019 10:58 AM

The Meet the Queens for the new season is out. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. A bunch of charmless, unpolished queens with illustrious drag mothers like Sahara Davenport and Coco Montrese with cringy catchphrases ready to shove down our throats.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2019 2:01 AM

R21 Too soon

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2019 5:01 AM

Monet and Monique really have such crappy runways. Monet just doesn't have any taste at all. Manila on the other hand has gorgeous and clever dresses. Also, I hated Naomi during her season, she was such a cunt there, but Im pretty neutral on her here (and THAT'S something positive). She slayed her lipsync tho, without cheap splits, death drops, etc. She isn't winner material tho.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2019 5:09 AM

And apparently Adam Rippon was terrible at interviewing the queens r21? I haven't subjected myself to watching it but apparently that's what the subreddit thinks.

They should have got Gus instead of they were going that route, he is decently witty.

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2019 4:25 PM

Latrice is in the top 2 even though she did nothing other than be smart enough to pick good teammates. Okay.

It seems everybody agreed that Monet and Monique put on the best night, but yet they aren't in the top. I guess we have to complete the Latrice redemption arc.

That said, I will give her props on her runway, which for once was actually fresh and not generic pretty gowns.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2019 1:20 AM

Ru seemed upset they sent home Valentina instead of Naomi. I thought Manila was doing some telenovela crying when Latrice went home, but damn Latrice decided to match it this ep.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2019 1:33 AM

Fuck this shit!!!!

Such crap. Valentina was comedy gold !!

Fucking cow Latrice, she sucks. Even Ru seemed surprised.

I’m over it, just like the last all stars. Didn’t finish watching that either.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2019 6:44 AM

Trinity's lip sync look was ... a choice.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2019 6:54 AM

Is it me or did Valentina seen all too coy? It’s as if she told herself: if I don’t act like I care, they can’t hurt me! She just wasn’t a factor this season. Nothing memorable. Hard to take seriously by intention

by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2019 7:01 AM

She seemed off in her own Aspie-ish world when she and Naomi were planning their club.

Suzanne Bartsch looks good for nearly 70.

by Anonymousreply 30January 26, 2019 7:05 AM

I like Trinity but wtf was she thinking with that lipsynch. Latrice could have forgotten the lyrics and just stood there doing nothing and she still would have won.

by Anonymousreply 31January 26, 2019 7:26 AM

I loves the club challenge so much! I wanna go to two of them. I did think the video promos of all were a little too long, though.

by Anonymousreply 32January 26, 2019 8:07 AM

RuPaul did look annoyed about the choice of Valentina. He will bring her back soon enough. She was featured in Vogue (?) just before the season began; there’s no way RuPaul is going to let a “glamazon” who gets so much attention for his brand go so easily.

But really, if the narrative shown on the episode was true at all, then Naomi deserved to say. That would really be fucked up to get a dud partner who is distractingly vacuous, have to do all the work because she was in La La Land, and then be the one to get fired? No. I would have resented that as a viewer.

I love Monet X Change, but yeah, she is a C+ at her best in the runway outfits. I don’t get why we are supposed to love Latrice so much (She has said too often this season that she is the most-loved by fans, and that alone makes me not like her.), but she fully exploited the plastic-fantastic theme. Manila kept hers relatively simple with the cellophane, but it was such a smart approach.

A coworker asked who I want to win. For me, it was a toss up between Trinity (whom I think has been the most consistently polished and just a dynamic contestant overall) and Monet (whom I just like). My coworker’s choice is up in the air between Manila and Monique.

I FORGOT ALLLLL ABOUT MANILA. Having remembered Manila, she is my choice. She stood out as the best among her original season crew when I rewatched it, and I think she and Trinity are evenly matched talentwise, but I like Manila better. I am not buying the bitch edit she’s getting.

by Anonymousreply 33January 26, 2019 8:38 AM

When Valentina said at the end “The saddest part of this is I now have to pack up all my shit, girl... there’s so much shit”, I cracked up. She is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 34January 26, 2019 10:10 AM

I do think Valentina is amusing in a way similar to Tammie Brown. She’s just her own kind of improv machine riding on her own wavelength. When she admitted last week after boasting and being called on her unjustified boasting that she chooses her fantasy version of life over reality, then I stopped resenting her for being an arrogant asshole because she admitted she knows better than what she says.

Valentina is interesting for what she is and I am sure she will find venues and platforms for years to come. She doesn’t deserve to advance on this show, though, and I hope RuPaul somehow is reading this. Valentina is lazy. She will not do the work. She didn’t bother to learn words to lipsync before and this time she couldn’t be bothered to write or to rehearse and left it all up to her partner. Really shitty. RuPaul gave the title to the undeserving Tyra Sanchez who likewise prettied her way through without ever doing more than twirling, and it was a mistake in the long run. Lazy ass bitches will not serve the series well over time. So move on, Ru. Let Valentina represent herself and don’t come up with a lame excuse to put her back into the competition because she is pretty and you want her to be better than she is.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2019 10:19 AM

Does it really matter? Valentina is in Rent Live tomorrow in a major role and if she pulls it off, she could leave all these queens behind, including Ru. She'll be on a whole other level.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2019 11:42 AM

R36 If she pulls it off, it’ll be pretty amazing. Do you remember how abysmal the live Sound of Music and Grease were?

by Anonymousreply 37January 26, 2019 11:44 AM

What the fuck did I just watch??

We are all watching how a great show could be fucked up by an extremely forced script, which even Stevie Wonder could have seen.

I am amazed how Ru, the producers, and all the contestants worked their asses off to bring back Latrice. Considering her lack of talent, arrogance, and lack of taste, I am almost jealous of her luck! I don’t remember a word she said during their club show, all I remember is her giving Manila the side eye, which was pretty obvious since she has been just complaining “You are not professionals! You talk too much! You don’t let me talk!” since Season 4. Add that horrible outfit and see how she was favored.

Also, all she did at the lipsync was give a soulless, tepid performance and rolling on the stage like a pig in mud. I still don’t understand what there was to be gagged so much upon. Huh, Monique? Huh, Michelle? Huh, Ru? I wish the favoritism had been done more subtly at least. Trinity at least created a concept, and considering it was an old song they lipsynced to, it made sense. I somehow happen to think that she originally had planned to come out of that old attire as her contemporary self, and perform a great lipsync; but I guess the producers didn’t allow her to overshadow the hippo’s forced comeback allure.

This show made me hate Latrice, whom I really liked a lot during her season.

By the way, a lipsync song by a male vocal, WTF?! Isn’t this the same programme in which the judges would have a mental breakdown if a queen came with a little bit small breasts, blaming her to be “too boyish”?

Naomi and Valentina deserved to be the Bottom two. Valentina had started to be extremely sloppy, foolish, and deluded. Maybe she just gave up and wanted to quit to focus on her role in “Rent”. I wouldn’t be surprised. When it comes to Naomi, she competed in a field she is not very talented at, and had to carry on the whole thing herself. She deserved to stay.

I guess Monet is the only one I didn’t mention, and it doesn’t come as a surprise since she leaves zero impression on me other than sponge. I think this Bob-backup made a good couple with Monique, even though she was overshadowed by her just like in Jersey Justice. I wouldn’t be surprised if she were the next to go.

I am not really planning to watch it anymore. My favorite contestant chopped herself, and I would watch a movie or series if I wanted to watch fiction. That being said, I believe it is Manila or Trinity that deserves the win. I also love Naomi, but she is very unlikely to win. If Ru did not bother to go on, and cancel the show and give the money and the crown to Latrice directly, I would like one of these to win.

by Anonymousreply 38January 26, 2019 4:22 PM

I really loved the “build a club” challenge. It’s probably my favorite ever. But I agree 100 percent with this:

“I am amazed how Ru, the producers, and all the contestants worked their asses off to bring back Latrice. Considering her lack of talent, arrogance, and lack of taste, I am almost jealous of her luck!”

I also liked Latrice when Latrice was a “real” contestant years ago. I don’t like All Star Latrice. I also resent the scripting this season. Latrice, her costars and I think at least one of the judges keep saying Latrice is the audience’s favorite. Over and over they all say it. I have never heard of Latrice being everyone’s favorite until now, and I was alarmed to hear all my coworkers say “Latrice has always been my favorite.” As they’d say on the show, “No, Bitch! You ain’t nevva said that!” People just parrot what they hear. It’s really unnerving.

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2019 4:28 PM

It's fun when you can see there was a runway costume that went unused. Even Monet and Monique were rocking their bee outfits last night for their club. Obviously a runway option they were asked to bring.

You saw it last season on the evil twin episode, a lot of queens used their prehistoric runway outfit since it was another unused runway theme.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2019 4:58 PM

As others have pointed out, this season is overly scripted! This is particularly noticeable around Latrice as she really has been dreadful this season yet she managed to be put back in the game after a tepid lipsync and won this week's challenge for no justifiable reason. Manila and Latrice were brought back for two reasons: 1) to make up for the fiasco that was All Stars 1 and 2) because, frankly, they've run out of memorable Queens. There was no doubt that Latrice was going to be come back Queen, the whole lip sync contest was shaped around Latrice coming back, and this week's episode was scripted to give Latrice one win before she is eliminated again.

As for Valentina, she did deserve to go home because she's been in the bottom 2 or 3 times now, but she really was the only funny part of All Stars 4.

by Anonymousreply 41January 26, 2019 5:10 PM

According to Jasmine Masters and Willam, Trinity was fucking a producer behind the scenes hence her undeserved favorable edit.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2019 5:32 PM

R42 - umm - you are citing two of the craziest most unhinged queens as your source there so I’d take that with a huge grain of coke.

Trinity was a front runner from the beginning and probably should have won her season as it is.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Reality shows are fictions, guys.

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Seems like the show becoming overtly and obviously scripted was the inevitable side-effect of it becoming more and more mainstream. That's just how it is with "reality" TV.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2019 5:40 PM

The mediocraty of All Stars started with the last one. The queens of the first two were indeed the dream cast. They all lived up to the name of the show, they were all stars, save Mimi and Coco. I think the inclusion of the “all stars” concept should be that of the contestants that really had the potential to win on their original seasons, and that just couldn’t. That’s where All Stars 3 failed at. I could understand the inclusion of Chi Chi, Kennedy Davenport, and BenDeLaCreme, each of whom at least made it to the top 5 on their respective seasons, and Shangela can be accepted as well. But Milk? Thorgy? Morgan? Aja? Could it get any more average? And worst of all, including a winner?

For All Stars 4, I always dreamt of a cast including Asia, Eureka, Valentina, Shea, Peppermint, Trinity (Taylor aka the Tuck), Naomi, Kim Chi, Pearl, Courtney, Willam, and Ivy. Valentina and Ivy were not Top 5 either, but they were both talented and deserved a second chance; and Willam would probably win her season had she not been disqualified. Just three of them made it, and we all know Willam, Courtney, and Pearl will never do it. Still, can you imagine what a great show it would be if these queens competed instead of nobodies like Jasmine, Farrah, Gia, and the tired ass “I-am-loved-by-the-whole-galaxy” Latrice?

I think they really should leave a a gap between All Stars seasons if they can’t scrape a true “all stars” crew, and let new queens from the following seasons reach the sufficient number.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2019 5:41 PM

We all know that there should be more than one year in between All Stars seasons, but it's clear that VH1 is milking this cow dry.

I mean, there's going to be an All Stars 5 next year! I can count on one hand the amount of queens remaining that live up to the name of 'All Stars' and who would actually want to do it. The fact that only about half of the AS4 queens were the producers' first choices says it all.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2019 5:51 PM

I never saw All Stars season 1, what is all the fuckery that everyone refers to?

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2019 6:01 PM

R48 They competed in pairs

Valentina is insane and fucked. God I pray she freezes in the middle of 'Rent Live', like the foul amateur she is

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2019 6:10 PM

Of course r46. Everyone knows they are scraping the bottom of barrell to fill up these casts every year. It's why you get queens like Farrah Moan being called an All Star.

But they don't care. They know they are running it into ground, but you are still watching it aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2019 6:38 PM

Not sure I can endure another episode of Latrice braying about how amazing she is and deserves to win

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2019 6:50 PM

Even though Manila (aka Karl Westerberg) is the clear front runner, they need a black queen to win. I hope it’s at least not Latrice.

by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2019 6:57 PM

[R50] I really lost my interest after seeing the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2019 7:43 PM

R52 You don’t think it’s a toss up between black or Asian? I do agree there should be an all star winner of color, and not purely because of tokenism. Last year’s winner did not deserve it in my opinion, regardless of his career outside of the RPDR world. It was the wrong choice and easily could have gone to a contestant of color.

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2019 8:01 PM

Karl Westerberg is only half Filipino

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2019 8:15 PM

And? R55 Some contestants of color may be “only” biracial. They’re still “of color.”

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2019 8:28 PM

Shangela should've won last season.

Manila or Trinity should win this one but I have a feeling Monet (the Trixie of this season) will win.

by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2019 8:44 PM

I really wish Shangela had won, if only because RuPaul will foist her upon us until she wins. How many seasons has she appeared now? Four?

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2019 8:51 PM

Give it to Manila. She is polished. She always has been one of the best.. Despite the faux drama this season about her *gasp* being loyal to friends and not playing by everyone else’s rules, she is probably the most likable.

Trinity is equally polished and usually very good, but more inconsistent and not as likable.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2019 8:53 PM

If you follow RuPaul spoilers on reddit or Youtube then you already know who wins All Stars 4 it was leaked before the show even premiered. I won't say anything more but I do think they need to change up the all stars format. Also Queens like Aja and Bob have heavily hinted who wins on their Twitter.

R58 It's no secret that the All Stars seasons are rigged for ensure the Queen that the producers wants to win does. In AS1 and A2 were really constructed by Ru to give Chad Michaels and Alaska a crown. For some reason, however, starting with AS3, Ru abdicated most of his powers over the Producers. Aja has spilled a lot of tea about AS3 basically saying they knew from day one Trixie was supposed to win. Also she alleges that Dela's self-removal from the competition was staged (there is no way Dela could have painted her name on the lipstick without a producer and Bebe actually out performed her in the lip sync). Also Aja stated that after each Queen was eliminated the were sequestered and did not see the performances of the remaining Queens so many Queens were actually told that Trixie and Kennedy were the better performing Queens over Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2019 9:16 PM

I love Valentina but I did think that it was her time to go. She'll carve out a very successful career out of all of this.

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2019 9:26 PM

Trinity is not the comedy queen she thinks she is. Sure she had a few funny moments but she doesn't give consistently funny comedy routines. Her latest lipsync was a mess. Trinity seems to be the most deluded if she thought she would win in that get-up.

by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2019 9:37 PM

That makes sense, R60. I'm still shook at how Kennedy got the most points from the eliminated queens' votes out of that four. She was just too old school, and not all that good when it came to adapting to the RPDR format. Trixie was pretty much a non-factor for the first half of the AS3 season, culminating in one of the most awkward Snatch Game performances to date where she was extremely lucky to escape elimination.

I also never ever bought that the producers weren't aware of Dela painting the lipstick and writing her own name on it. They film them during that part! Bebe taking her wig off for no reason to lose the lipsync was a little too convenient also.

And we've done a great job of this so far, but let's continue to keep this thread free of spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2019 9:38 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing Valentina in Rent this weekend. It could go two ways: She could be phenomenal and start a lucrative career, leaving RPDR in the rear view mirror. Or she could freeze and forget her lines, and her fantasy crashes down around her in real time in front of the whole country.

I hope she shines.

BTW, the Miss Venezuela crown she used on Friday is a close replica of the "Miss Universe" crown which was used by the pageant in the earlier part of this decade. I hope she received permission to use it.

by Anonymousreply 64January 27, 2019 12:25 AM

R60, for some reason? I think that’s when it went on VH1 no? Since then you can tell Ru doesn’t decide anymore. Ru said it herself that when Drag Race went mainstream it’s be because she had sold out.

by Anonymousreply 65January 27, 2019 12:31 AM

r60 - yeah especially since Dela was back for the finale ep. If she really eliminated herself like that Ru would not have had her back. Ru hates a quitter. Bebe taking her wig off also was odd as we all know if the wig comes off, there better be another wig underneath it. It is an auto loss. I think either it was rigged or Bebe didn't want to pick from the remaining three.

by Anonymousreply 66January 27, 2019 12:43 AM

R64 Like a deer in headlights, one slip and Valentina will lose her shit, and I cannot wait for her to fuck it up

by Anonymousreply 67January 27, 2019 12:47 AM

It was really obvious that Bebe had barely watched Drag Race though, so it's not hard for me to believe she didn't know Ru hates when queens remove their wig.

by Anonymousreply 68January 27, 2019 12:49 AM

“By the way, a lipsync song by a male vocal, WTF?! Isn’t this the same programme in which the judges would have a mental breakdown if a queen came with a little bit small breasts, blaming her to be “too boyish”?”

R38 The most lipsynced artist on the show is RuPaul, a man.

by Anonymousreply 69January 27, 2019 1:05 AM

Trinity has never considered herself a “comedy queen.” She has said many times that doing comedy is uncomfortable for her.

by Anonymousreply 70January 27, 2019 1:52 AM

Trinity said at the beginning of this season that she never thought she was funny until her original season and that made her realize she is a “comedy queen,” and she’s claimed that mantle all season. Almost everything she has done as been an attempt at humor.

by Anonymousreply 71January 27, 2019 1:54 AM

that was the worst lip sync so far. Trinity's old lady suit was too much like Shangela's fat suit from last season, very unoriginal. Naomi should have gone home, she's paint drying.

by Anonymousreply 72January 27, 2019 4:21 AM

The problem is Trinity thought she could copy Shangela's idea. Shangela owned the stunt, she didn't like the stunt own her. Trinity can't say the same.

It is similar to everyone thinking they could do lip synch surprises because Sasha won with it. Not everyone can pull it off as well.

by Anonymousreply 73January 27, 2019 4:53 AM

I actually feel Trinity wanted to lose that LSFYL....the decision who to send home then will be out of her hands - No blame. Trinity is a smart queen - let "beloved Latrice" be the one to send Valentina home - Latrice is getting married - Trinity still has a career to care about.

by Anonymousreply 74January 27, 2019 6:27 AM

Bring back DELA!!!

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2019 6:27 AM

No, the problem is Trinity The Tuck is a lame-ass name and her facial surgery is so distracting. Why is it that we have to accept that humans no longer look like humans?

by Anonymousreply 76January 27, 2019 6:29 AM

R66 Not really

by Anonymousreply 77January 27, 2019 10:20 AM

R69 RuPaul is the main person of the show, who likes to promote her music on her own show. Besides, she is a drag queen, like the contestants themselves. You should be able to distinguish a drag queen and a male performer.

by Anonymousreply 78January 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Am I the only one who sees some facial similarity between Carson and Trinity? Especially the lower jaw/teeth alignment. It is especially obvious from certain angles.

by Anonymousreply 79January 27, 2019 10:25 AM

Trinity also won Snatch Game this time by doing a bad imitation of Sharon Needles doing Caitlyn Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 80January 27, 2019 11:28 AM

R78 This is the male vocalist who sings “Right Round.” A case can be made easily that he was a pre-RuPaul drag queen, but nobody realized it because it was the 80s. My family still don’t accept that Boy George was a drag queen and not just dressing up to fit in with the 80s.

R79 Yes, there is a vague similarity.

I think Trinity is good. Replacing Taylor with “The Tuck” shows judgment so poor that that alone should automatically give the All Stars title to Manila instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 27, 2019 11:32 AM

I don't know why people seemed bothered by "The Tuck". I think it's funny and almost surprised it doesn't "offend" people. Kind of what you should expect from a drag queen. It ain't all that serious. Also, it's a good reminder that drag queens are men with dicks. Not women, not trannies, not "transitioning", etc.

by Anonymousreply 82January 27, 2019 12:10 PM

R81 Still, not a drag queen, and can’t be equated to RuPaul, whose looks and voice are familiar to all viewers, therefore the illusion of her drag is not spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 83January 27, 2019 12:51 PM

R83 At this point, I am fascinated that you are so bound to definitions and rules and conformity to norms and standards, and yet you enjoy this show. How do you reconcile this?

by Anonymousreply 84January 27, 2019 12:55 PM

[quote]Suzanne Bartsch looks good for nearly 70.

Yes, it is stunning how ageless the bitch looks. When came into the screen, I was like wait she is RuPaul's elder.

by Anonymousreply 85January 27, 2019 2:00 PM

[84] Ask that to RuPaul and the producers. Plus I didn’t say I didn’t like it, I just said it was interesting that they did this, because they always criticized when a queen emerged with a beard-looking foundation, boy chest, very short hair etc, and when they take off their wigs during lipsyncs.

by Anonymousreply 86January 27, 2019 2:26 PM

Michelle Visage did not appreciate Trinity's lip synch look. She did not clap and looked horrified.

by Anonymousreply 87January 27, 2019 2:40 PM

The old lady costume was a risk. It was redundant following Shangela’s similar costume, but the show is really all about dumb spectacle as entertainment, and I didn’t mind it for that. It certainly didn’t deserve a win.

by Anonymousreply 88January 27, 2019 2:45 PM

r81 - umm have you fucking seen Pete Burns who sings Right Round?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 27, 2019 2:50 PM

R89 Yes, I posted a photo, but R81 feels like RuPaul is the only male drag queen with a male voice whose music should be allowed in lipsyncing competitions on the show.

by Anonymousreply 90January 27, 2019 2:57 PM

R89 PS Pete looks freakishly like Chad Michaels there. They could be twin sisters from the same surgical womb.

by Anonymousreply 91January 27, 2019 2:58 PM

r91 YES! lol. That silicone look seems to be universal.

by Anonymousreply 92January 27, 2019 3:00 PM

R89 He dead!

by Anonymousreply 93January 27, 2019 3:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2019 1:37 AM

I am watching Rent and suddenly I’m thinking Latrice should work in casting for NBC.

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2019 1:42 AM

How would that help for this FOX production r95?

by Anonymousreply 96January 28, 2019 1:46 AM

She’d work on NBC’s ACTUALLY LIVE version, I guess, R96.

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2019 1:54 AM

How is it going, btw, R96?

It’s not live anymore. I´m watching the SAG awards.

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2019 1:55 AM

"I don't know why people seemed bothered by "The Tuck"."

If only she had called herself 'Nip and Tuck'

by Anonymousreply 99January 28, 2019 2:05 AM

Or What The Tuck, R99.

Nippon Tuck would be great for a Japanese drag queen!

by Anonymousreply 100January 28, 2019 2:06 AM

Trinity the tuck is a dumb ass name. Period.

The old lady costume was dumb also, because there was no context or reason for it. It's like she just had it in her wardrobe and wanted to use it.

by Anonymousreply 101January 28, 2019 4:03 AM

r98 Valentina actually didn't do bad in her performance, but her singing is just not good and was widely mocked.

by Anonymousreply 102January 28, 2019 4:04 AM

Thanks, R102.

The whole,thing was messed up, Though. Who breaks their foot a day before the performance?? Poor dude.

by Anonymousreply 103January 28, 2019 4:09 AM

I think I'm done with the show after this season. I might give season eleven a glance, but I don't think I'll stick around long. This used to be my favorite show and it's changed so much. It's following is mostly straight teenage girls with shit taste in queens, and the more vocal they become, the more the show feeds into it. You can't have anyone sharp or biting, because the fans will be outraged at any chance. It's all just a bunch of safe, predictable girls and delusional amateurs. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 104January 28, 2019 4:25 AM

^^You won’t stop watching. Instead, you’ll continue to watch every episode and you’ll bitch about them here.

by Anonymousreply 105January 28, 2019 4:32 AM

Valentina stunk on 'Rent - Not Live' and she is being roasted alive in reviews and online, especially about the whole 'I am now gender liquids' two days before it aired

by Anonymousreply 106January 28, 2019 4:40 AM

I hate all the tearful sob stories that happen around someone's tragic event in their lives. "And that was why I chose to do drag, to show little queers everywhere that you could be beautiful etc. etc. sob sob weep cry" Bitch, you're putting on a dress and telling risque jokes that are inherited from Vaudeville, you aren't performing brain surgery.

by Anonymousreply 107January 28, 2019 6:25 PM

“I hate all the tearful sob stories that happen around someone's tragic event in their lives.”

Damn. This may be why you’re still alone.

by Anonymousreply 108January 28, 2019 6:59 PM

r108 it's funny that you have to make it personal with an ad hominem attack, because you know exactly nothing about me. Go cry into your scented handkerchief now.

by Anonymousreply 109January 28, 2019 7:01 PM

Monique Hart's voice is grating

by Anonymousreply 110January 29, 2019 2:00 AM

R104 At the very least they need to stop with the All Stars seasons. AS4 is the most boring season in Drag Race herstory surpassing Season 7. I still think the regular seasons have merit, but they need more interesting Queens. I feel like the last few seasons they've been scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

by Anonymousreply 111January 29, 2019 3:45 AM

How many drag queens have actual talent tho' R111? Latrice Royale is considered top of the barrel. Drag is broad , coarse and has to heard over the din of a bar/club . Jasmine Masters was dumbfounded when her comedy stylings flopped on the show, I'm sure in the club a crowd of boozy queens and fag hags whoop and cheeer her 'You eat too much ass, your breath stinks of ass etc' routine. My least favorite element of the show is the lipsynch but really that is basically what drag queens do ,Drag Race stretches this by trying to present them as all round entertainers. The interest used to be provided by the personalities of the contestants ( as in all reality shows) , sadly the success of the show has killed off the bitchy/melancholy/quirky/sour/funny and replaced them with piss elegant Insta-pouters. I'm still watching as I was so enamoured of the show at first ( and for a while ) but it's running on fumes now.

by Anonymousreply 112January 29, 2019 11:31 AM

R102 “Valentina actually didn’t do bad in her performance but her singing was poor...”

It was a musical performance. And not just any musical, but the sort in which every line of dialogue is sung. I understand what you’re saying—she had charisma, uniqueness and nerve. And she did remember the steps and the words as far as I can tell. But for a nationally broadcast hyper-musical play, it is pretty astonishing that they cast someone who turned in a high school-caliber performance instead of a professional or even someone with a few years of community theatre experience.

Here comes a slight self-contradiction: I would rather watch Valentina’s type of performance than Carrie Underwood’s in the Sound of Music. Valentina does have charisma and seemed to have thought about her character’s intentions and spirit, which Underwood showed no sign of doing. But when there are many major cities with thousands of extraordinary singer-actors out there, the stunt casting is inexcusable. It gets people to tune in, but what is the point if they turn it off or are fuming throughout the entire performance?

by Anonymousreply 113January 29, 2019 11:46 AM

I do wonder if they considered auditioning Adore Delano/Danny Noriega once Valentina’s name was being considered. She’s not a glammy tranny like Valentina is, but she is street-y in a way that seems fitting for Rent, she is relatively young looking, she is Latina, and she can actually sing reasonably well. And she probably has a different following than Valentina, but she’s also beloved by RPDR’s fan base. It seems like a no brainer at least to consider her.

by Anonymousreply 114January 29, 2019 11:50 AM

[quote] How many drag queens have actual talent tho' [R111]? Latrice Royale is considered top of the barrel.

By whom? Peppermint's wowing them on Broadway. Ginger Minj and Shangela both got high-profile acting gigs this year. Sasha Velour is promoting his book. Charles Busch is a Tony award winner.

by Anonymousreply 115January 29, 2019 11:57 AM

Who the fuck is “Charles Busch?”

by Anonymousreply 116January 29, 2019 12:04 PM

Questionable logic at play there.

I can entertain an argument that not much of drag demonstrates talent—lip syncing (hardly), wearing clothes well (barely), makeup (some consider it an art), hair (ditto), dancing (wide spectrum from basic skill to true artistry).

But to suggest that by virtue of being a drag queen a person cannot be talented is completely irrational.

by Anonymousreply 117January 29, 2019 12:15 PM

Social media ruined Drag Race. Trinity didn't want to win the lip sync and face the backlash of sending Valentina home. Latrice is probably too old to be as concerned. Even the judging has become tame due to the fact you could have one word taken out of context these days and be ruined on social media. The show has lost its edginess.

And it's a shame Valentina was so mediocre on Rent Live. People seeing her for the first time will only know she had a subpar voice and a sort of Big Bird persona, not the amazing drag performer we've seen in other performances this season on Ru. She's had a bad weekend.

by Anonymousreply 118January 29, 2019 12:16 PM

R118 OMG she IS Big Bird!!!

by Anonymousreply 119January 29, 2019 12:26 PM

I bet Valentina even has a personal Snuffleupagus in her life who no one else has ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 120January 29, 2019 12:30 PM

Bit parts and novelty casting R115 Charles Busch ( obvs not a DR alumni ) is the most talented of the bunch you mention but sadly see R116 for lack of recognition. I didn't say drag queens couldn't be talented R117 I asked how many have actual talent, and Royale is considered top of the barrel by himself and the DR producers, who went to great lengths to return him to the show ( again ). There are a few very talented drag artists , the aforementioned C Busch, Lypsinka ( who makes lipsynching worth watching ) , Bette Bourne, Lily Savage ) but very few.

by Anonymousreply 121January 29, 2019 12:31 PM

[quote] Who the fuck is “Charles Busch?”

That is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 122January 29, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote] Bit parts and novelty casting [R115] Charles Busch ( obvs not a DR alumni ) is the most talented of the bunch you mention but sadly see [R116] for lack of recognition

Peppermint's role is neither a bit part nor a novelty casting and her performance has been critically acclaimed. As to your second point about lack of recognition, that has absolutely nothing to do with your question about talented drag queens and doesn't even apply anyway, since he's a Tony winner.

by Anonymousreply 123January 29, 2019 2:45 PM

We'll see what Peppermint's next critically acclaimed performance is before we put her in the hall of fame R123. I just don't believe Drag Race is a hotbed of talent and none of your examples persuade me otherwise, they get work as a result of the show's success but I doubt that will parlay into much of a career for any of them. As to drag queens being talented , of course some ( as I said at R121 ) are. Busch didn't win a Tony , he was nominated and for writing a straight ( comedy ) play that had nothing to do with his ( impressive ) drag career. Busch is interesting as he is a flag bearer for what could be done with drag and has done great work with it, but in one of his last plays ( The Tribute Artist ) he examined what drag today is and how his influences, old Hollywood etc are now pretty redundant .He has recently re-invented himself as a non drag cabaret performer.

by Anonymousreply 124January 29, 2019 3:38 PM

R124, you will never be satisfied. All of the queens can win Oscars and become A-List superstars that are celebrated by generations and you will still hate....drag queens? Feminine men? Gay men? Not sure what exactly what or who it is that you hate but you clearly hate the contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race and I'm not sure why anyone should care about the people or things you hate.

by Anonymousreply 125January 29, 2019 3:45 PM

[quote] We'll see what Peppermint's next critically acclaimed performance is before we put her in the hall of fame [R123].

Keep moving those goal posts, girl.

by Anonymousreply 126January 29, 2019 5:52 PM

[quote] they get work as a result of the show's success

No one gets a featured role in a Broadway show because they were a runner-up in a reality competition. You're being ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 127January 29, 2019 5:57 PM

R123 The show was shit and a total flop, you go Peppermints

by Anonymousreply 128January 29, 2019 6:04 PM

One of my issues with the show in the last couple of years is that Queens who have no business being in the top 5 end up in the top 5 and that's where they get their All Stars queens. For example, how did producers think having Kameron Michaels in the top 3 was a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 129January 29, 2019 7:15 PM

Courtney Act just announced that she’ll be on The upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars Australia. With a male partner.

by Anonymousreply 130January 29, 2019 8:54 PM

How was Courtney allowed to be on Drag race? I find it hard to believe they would have sponsored her for a work visa.

by Anonymousreply 131January 29, 2019 8:59 PM

I will watch Season 11 because they cast Nina West from Columbus, finally not an LA or NYC queen.

by Anonymousreply 132January 29, 2019 10:46 PM

R131 Courtney was supposed to be on Season 5 but couldn't because Logo only allowed American Citizens. For season 6, the requirements changed to people in America as an alien of extraordinary ability which Courtney was.

by Anonymousreply 133January 29, 2019 10:56 PM

Courtney was already living in America, she relocated to LA in 2011. Season 6 filmed in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 134January 29, 2019 11:02 PM

R125 R126 R127 I'm truly not hating on them, I've become disenchanted with the show and how dry they are milking it ,the endless parade of the so-so has drag- fatigued me, there are definitely some amusing queens from the show and they are rightly making the most of the spotlight, I just think they should save their money.

by Anonymousreply 135January 30, 2019 12:03 AM

Could America handle a drag queen dancing with a man on DWTS? Or would the show get yanked off the air?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 30, 2019 12:27 AM

I hope he is paired with a homophobic Russian dancer. I’m sure plenty of Aussie dancers are Russian imports, too, right?

by Anonymousreply 137January 30, 2019 12:29 AM

Here's Valentina's breathless future plans, based on her wildly successful turn in Rent Live!

[quote]I have this aspiration to be in a Pedro Almodóvar film or to have my own telenovela on Telemundo where I’m the lead and I sing the original score. I want to have star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and to be the first drag queen at the Met Gala and to win an Oscar. I hope this will be a great year for me, and I hope I can open doors for people like me as representation as a proud, Latino, non-binary goddess who is able to believe in their dreams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 30, 2019 12:46 AM

R138 How very...me-focused.

by Anonymousreply 139January 30, 2019 12:49 AM

That's who the bitch is, I'd be disappointed with a less crazy answer.

by Anonymousreply 140January 30, 2019 12:52 AM

There are rumors going around reddit and youtube that All Stars 5 is being reformatted into a "Robbed of the Crown" edition, given the lackluster response and ratings for AS4. It would feature runners up or other popular Queen people felt should have won their respective season or AS season. This is being spurred by an interview Dela gave in which she stated that she would not only be willing to return to Drag Race, but she very subtly hinted that may have already asked her. You can bet Shangela and Katya would also be approached if this is true.

by Anonymousreply 141January 30, 2019 4:35 PM

They are already casting 5 - Shea Coulee has confirmed she was asked, and possibly Eureka. If they want a good show - get Eureka, Shea, Asia, Mayhem, ...basically Eureka and every black queen from every season but the Vixen...That would be entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 142January 30, 2019 6:15 PM

Ugh, Mayhem is the most boring drag queen I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 143January 30, 2019 6:17 PM

r142 ugh, I'm so sick of the "race wars" storylines. Even without The Vixen you know those queens would be trying to get Eureka to say something vaguely offensive so they could turn it into a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 144January 30, 2019 6:21 PM

I hope they cast Eureka and I hope she gets it. I also hope this is a wakeup call to Ru to stop coasting and get some of his mojo back, if it was ever really there. I never realized just how much he is, at heart, a mainstream person until Drag Race. Any contestant who is too weird and original (e.g. Tammie Brown, who I was fascinated by) makes him cringe. I was floored but delighted Jinkx Monsoon won, because, again, quite original, and that is not Ru's comfort zone at all. I would love to see John Waters take over this show, or do his own version of it.

by Anonymousreply 145January 30, 2019 6:45 PM

R145 Sasha Velour? Aquaria?

by Anonymousreply 146January 30, 2019 6:47 PM

R145 So Ru hates kooky but Sharon, Jinzx and Alaska, all kooky won. You do not have a single idea what you are talking about

by Anonymousreply 147January 30, 2019 6:47 PM

I don't think Sasha would have won except for that rose petal reveal during the final lip sync. She had been kind of meh until then.

by Anonymousreply 148January 30, 2019 6:48 PM

Alaska was hardly "kooky". Come on.

by Anonymousreply 149January 30, 2019 6:49 PM

Yeah Sharon Needles is SO unoriginal.

R145 your theory sucks

by Anonymousreply 150January 30, 2019 6:52 PM

R142 Unless they've signed a control asked doesn't mean they will be on the show. For AS4, producers reportedly asked numerous Queens and with the exception of Trinity, Valentina, and Monet all the other Queens were second choice Queens.

by Anonymousreply 151January 30, 2019 7:13 PM

What's a 'control asked', r151?

by Anonymousreply 152January 30, 2019 7:15 PM

not r151, but "contract, asked"

by Anonymousreply 153January 30, 2019 7:18 PM

“Any contestant who is too weird and original (e.g. Tammie Brown, who I was fascinated by) makes him cringe.”

It’s understandable if all that you know of RuPaul was learned from what you’ve seen on Drag Race, but if you knew more about RuPaul including her performance history, you would know that your statement is total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 154January 30, 2019 7:38 PM

I'm probably older than you are r154. I've followed RuPaul for a long fucking time. I'm allowed my fucking observations. He himself has admitted he's basically sold out, so shut it.

by Anonymousreply 155January 30, 2019 7:44 PM

R155 Your observation is stupid and wrong, ya whinging baby

by Anonymousreply 156January 30, 2019 8:16 PM

Sorry Valentina, Miz Cracker has attended the Met 2018 ball:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 30, 2019 8:22 PM

Unless they've signed a contract, asked doesn't mean they will be on the show.

Yeah, that doesn't make any more sense R153 but thanks anyway.

by Anonymousreply 158January 30, 2019 10:09 PM

R111 I don’t get the dislike and criticism towards Season 7. Is it the contestants or the challenges that bore people so much? To me, while it was not as good as the legendary highs of Seasons 4-5-6, it still had so many interesting challenges and colorful contestants. And no other following season reached the success of the aforementioned seasons anyway. I just finished watching it for the umpteenth time, and still enjoyed it. The dual dance was amazing, Despy Awards was a wonderful idea, return of all the queens for the twins challenge was a nice surprise, RuHollywood Stories was simply hilarious, and I’m so glad it contained no makeover challenges, which bore me to death.

by Anonymousreply 159January 30, 2019 10:36 PM

We need a damn break from Eureka, she has been in the past 2 season. I accept she will be on All Stars, but let it be All Stars 6.

[quote]Shea Coulee has confirmed she was asked

Shea was asked for AS3 and AS4, she basically has a standing invitation for whenever she is ready to come back. As she should, she won her season until rose petals happened.

by Anonymousreply 160January 30, 2019 10:39 PM

I'm so over Latrice She's been on RPDR 4 times now?

Most of these queens are barely qualified to be small-time bar queens. They will call bingo numbers, maybe do a lipsync number, but generally, these girls will find work MCing events at gay bars across America. Some will get the call, like Bianca, Jinx, Alyssa, Alaska, etc., from WOW Presents to go on a tour representing the brand because of proven ability to be consistently entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 161January 31, 2019 1:28 AM

RuPaul is a cranky old man. His podcast is often the equivalent of your grandpa bitching about entitled millennials. The show’s “edge” has been replaced by a VH1 contract. It seems “out there” to its now-target audience. But it’s basically just an updated version of many late 60s/early 70s variety shows.

All of which is fine as long as the queens are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 162January 31, 2019 1:38 AM

I think Ru took his drag as far as he could and is positioning himself out of drag, hence his judging jobs on Body Wars and the new AGT rip off.

by Anonymousreply 163January 31, 2019 2:13 AM

Cracker is one of the most overhyped queens ever to appear on the show. She sold herself as a kooky comedy queen, but she showed herself to be basic and unfunny. Plus she was bitter as fuck when Aquaria won, she went after Asia in her post-elimination press for saying she wasn't a star, and her behavior at the reunion was downright embarrassing.

On top of all that, her drag looks like total shit a lot of the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 31, 2019 4:04 AM

Yeah, R157, because that’s the only Met Ball to be held ever again. 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 165January 31, 2019 5:38 AM

Your eyeroll emojis make you look very clever and smart, r165. Your lack of reading comprehension, however, negates the effect:

[quote]I want to have star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and to be the FIRST drag queen at the Met Gala

by Anonymousreply 166January 31, 2019 12:50 PM

[quote] 'm truly not hating on them, I've become disenchanted with the show and how dry they are milking it ,the endless parade of the so-so has drag- fatigued me, there are definitely some amusing queens from the show and they are rightly making the most of the spotlight, I just think they should save their money.

Okay, but you were still deeply, tragically wrong.

by Anonymousreply 167January 31, 2019 12:50 PM

At least Cracker never killed any butterflies

by Anonymousreply 168January 31, 2019 1:54 PM

Plenty of people are buying tickets to Miz Cracker's sold out SOLO tour of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 169January 31, 2019 1:56 PM

That Caitlyn Jenner seemed more like Elaine Stritch to me, R80.

by Anonymousreply 170January 31, 2019 2:51 PM

The producers are pushing Trinity through to the top because she’s fucking one of them. Her opening night variety act wasn’t comedy gold either, but she won!

by Anonymousreply 171January 31, 2019 7:16 PM

I thought Trinity's variety act was really good, but she sucked in Jersey Justice and wasn't really called out on that, and her roast was god awful. Her and Naomi were the two worst.

by Anonymousreply 172January 31, 2019 7:17 PM

Miz Cracker was cute and funny when she did the pickle thing. She seemed relatable. Her nemesis seemed like a little snot who needed to be slapped a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 173January 31, 2019 8:06 PM

The two worst on the roast challenge were Trinity and Naomi by a mile. If there have been two bottom queens that episode, Valentina would have been safe. That being said, she was the worst in this last episode and rightfully was sent home.

by Anonymousreply 174January 31, 2019 8:37 PM

Valentina got sent home? I'm sure it wasn't due to her horrendous performance on Rent Live!

by Anonymousreply 175January 31, 2019 8:46 PM

Bring back Ginger Minj!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 31, 2019 8:53 PM

^^ I agree. Why haven't we seen more of her?

by Anonymousreply 177January 31, 2019 9:28 PM

Ginger's gotten the movie role of a lifetime we'll see her soon I hope.

by Anonymousreply 178January 31, 2019 9:55 PM

Miz Cracker has a huge fanbase, but it's a total mystery because she's such a mediocre queen. Her looks are basic to booger, she can't land a joke, and her live performances are either boring or cringey. This number in particular screams "weekend bar queen in Dayton, Ohio."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179February 1, 2019 12:12 AM

R173, I'm not an Aquaria fan, but to be fair, she was kind and respectful towards her fellow competitors. It was Cracker who tried to bring in a nemesis storyline between the two and make it as though they were each other's top competition, when it was Aquaria winning challenges pretty consistently as Cracker bombed each one in cringier and cringier ways.

But whatever, she's loved by the fanbase of eleven year old girls with zero taste in queens, so we'll eventually see her turn on up on an All Star season with all her stilted, unfunny confessionals and a million GIFs to commemorate each eye-rolling nugget.

by Anonymousreply 180February 1, 2019 1:50 AM

Aquaria was manipulative and caused problems where she could, behind her "I don't care, do u?" attitude. The only time I actually liked her was when she was being an overt brat to The Vixen, but that's because The Vixen was worse x10 than she was. Miz Cracker doesn't seem to have that duplicity to me, anyway, she seemed earnest and wanted to make a good impression. Miz Cracker feels more genuine, I think is what I mean, even if she does get in her head and tries to land more intelligent jokes than her audience has patience for. Valentina is similar in that she feels completely fake to me.

by Anonymousreply 181February 1, 2019 2:13 AM

Miz Cracker’s makeover of that straight blogger created some of the all time best moments in the entire series.

But keep hating if it makes you feel better. Cracker and her fans don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 182February 1, 2019 3:16 AM

R182 I don't remember that, who was the blogger?

by Anonymousreply 183February 1, 2019 3:20 AM

This cute guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184February 1, 2019 3:21 AM

Oops, that's an offline drag makeover. Here's the reddit thread discussing Miz Cracker's thing on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185February 1, 2019 3:22 AM

I think Miz Cracker was trying to go the Delacreme route: self-deprecating, slightly helpful, mostly respectful, but kinda pussy in non-confrontational ways. I like her, and I do like Aquaria's looks (although she's in a Violet/Valentina mold attitude wise- god's gift to drag to usher in for the ages.

I did love Cracker's makeover, and the guy's response to himself, "I'M BEAUTIFUL!!!""

by Anonymousreply 186February 1, 2019 3:37 AM

Yeah, Aquaria's looks were pretty great (and expensive looking), and I agree with the attitude.

by Anonymousreply 187February 1, 2019 3:53 AM

We'll have to agree to differ on that point, I still think you have an inflated idea of the level of talent coming from Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 188February 1, 2019 11:47 AM

Miss Hacker brought this all upon herself. She made all these claims of how funny and smart she was. She did that constantly. She is not entertaining at all. One of the most boring 'featured' queens ever.

by Anonymousreply 189February 1, 2019 12:34 PM

R182, you just disproved your own point. Cracker's only win, and positive contribution to the show, came from someone else entirely. Not a great track record.

But I'm going to keep hating because IT'S OH SO DESPERATELY FULFILLING.

by Anonymousreply 190February 1, 2019 10:26 PM

What has Aquaria done since he won? Almost as underwhelming as Sasha Velcro, fuck these gender queer performers are boring as fuck and have little talent

by Anonymousreply 191February 1, 2019 10:28 PM

These nicknames aren't even offensive. "Sasha Velcro"? "Miss Hacker"?

by Anonymousreply 192February 2, 2019 12:17 AM

That “You’re My Best Judy” song was better than the crap RuPaul songs we have to listen to on this show.

by Anonymousreply 193February 2, 2019 1:04 AM

Seriously. RuPaul's songs are the worst mass produced meaningless tripe, and you're forced to listen to it endlessly during the show.

by Anonymousreply 194February 2, 2019 1:06 AM

WIth Manila gone this season is basically over.

by Anonymousreply 195February 2, 2019 3:41 AM

Who's left?

by Anonymousreply 196February 2, 2019 3:42 AM

R196 Latrice, Monet, Trinity, Monique and Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 197February 2, 2019 3:45 AM

These next few episodes are going to be painful to get through.

by Anonymousreply 198February 2, 2019 4:37 AM

Well that certainly clears the way for Trinity or Monet to win.

by Anonymousreply 199February 2, 2019 5:10 AM

Is it fair to suspect that they're setting things up for a Latrice win? She would be the first big queen to be crowned and the first non-white All Star, so she'd definitely check some empty Drag Race boxes. It's a shame, because Manila really shouldn't have been sent home considering Latrice's overall lackluster performance compared to her own. Naomi was either returning a favor, coached by the producers, or was thinking Latrice would be easier to beat. Based on this week's performance and runway, Latrice was worse than Manila.

by Anonymousreply 200February 2, 2019 5:55 AM

Rupaul's face was priceless when Naomi announced Manilla was out. Even worse than the "Valentina is out" face.

by Anonymousreply 201February 2, 2019 6:54 AM

Latrice has been lackluster during her best weeks this season. If she wins, it will make a total joke out of the whole series, which at this point I would not bet against. Bringing her back and voting off Manila feels completely manipulative and orchestrated. I still enjoy the campiness of the show, but the faux competition aspect is blown.

by Anonymousreply 202February 2, 2019 11:17 AM

the black queens all look the same, and both are BORING AS FUCK

by Anonymousreply 203February 2, 2019 11:34 AM

“Rupaul's face was priceless when Naomi announced Manilla was out. Even worse than the "Valentina is out" face.”

I didn’t see the same. I saw disapproval when Valentina was booted, but not w/ Manila. This season feels rigged in Latrice’s favor, although I would have bet on Valentina a couple of weeks ago since she has been put in fashion magazines and for some reason celebrated in press, and that is good PR for RuPaul’s brand.

by Anonymousreply 204February 2, 2019 11:43 AM

R204 Rather than doing a close up on Ru like they did for Valentina elimination, the did a panel wide shot right after Naomi says she's eliminating Manila. All three judges are shocked: Michelle's jaw is practically on the floor, Ru is clearly taken aback and Carson winces (you can see it in the clip below at about 4:05). This season has been a train wreck - Latrice has been lacklustre and won't win, I keep forgetting Naomi is even on the show, and neither Monet, Monique or Trinity really scream all star to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205February 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Manila deserved the AS4 Crown. That was shady AF of Naomi. Trinity for the win!

by Anonymousreply 206February 2, 2019 1:51 PM

Does Naomi have any "talents" other than just being skinny? Her appeal escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 207February 2, 2019 2:01 PM

R207 She can bend over backward while wearing high heels and not fall over. What DOES she have to do to prove she deserves $100k?

by Anonymousreply 208February 2, 2019 2:06 PM

Why are we being TOLD to LOVE Latrice? I like all these damn queens (well, most of them) but hey now Ru, let's not shit the wig box with ridiculous demands. I said PUT the Kool-Aid away, Ru. I'm not drinking that bland processed VH1 shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 2, 2019 2:33 PM

Latrice's and Manila's addition to AS4, in my humble opinion, was twofold. 1) I think Ru and the producers wanted to give them a redemption to make up for AS1. 2) If the rumors are true, many of the Queens the producers actually wanted for this season turned it down (I think AS3 scared some Queens off) and as such I think the producers worried the other queens weren't a big enough draw. Latrice and Manilla remain powerhouse Queens from an era of drag race that is over now as the show moves more towards look Queens rather than Queens with personalities.

by Anonymousreply 210February 2, 2019 2:51 PM

True. In the current state of Drag Race, a queen like Jinxx, or even Bianca probably wouldn't have a chance.

by Anonymousreply 211February 2, 2019 4:50 PM

Damn. I can't believe a Queen actually got rid of their biggest competition when given the chance. Usually the girls always try to do the fair things in these eliminations because they are afraid of fan backlash.

by Anonymousreply 212February 2, 2019 5:14 PM

I love the cut to Trinity's face when Manila was eliminated, she is processing that she just won this season. Thanks for giving me the crown bitches.

by Anonymousreply 213February 2, 2019 5:23 PM

WIth Manila gone this season is basically over.

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 214February 2, 2019 5:38 PM

Latrice won't make it to the top 2. There is a pretty substantial rumor that the top 2 (whoever they are) mainly got there because they had sex with the same producer Willam had sex with on his season. That makes me think the top two will be Naomi and Trinity. The queens who have been on tour with Naomi have said many times that Naomi hooks up with one or two guys in every city when they travel.

by Anonymousreply 215February 2, 2019 6:00 PM

[quote]The queens who have been on tour with Naomi have said many times that Naomi hooks up with one or two guys in every city when they travel.

A gay man hooking up while on a work trip?! Get the smelling salts!!

by Anonymousreply 216February 2, 2019 7:53 PM

Reality TV hijinks makes another All Star winner seem like bullshit. Manila was doing the best and whoever wins won't actually deserve it.

Drag Race actually used to be won by the queen who did the best.

by Anonymousreply 217February 2, 2019 7:58 PM

[quote]Latrice and Manilla remain powerhouse Queens from an era of drag race that is over now as the show moves more towards look Queens rather than Queens with personalities.

Huh? The first three winners of Drag Race: Bebe, Tyra and Raja were look queens. This take makes no sense to me.

It wasn't until Season 5 that we got a winner that really won of the strength of the performance skills even though their actual drag was busted.

by Anonymousreply 218February 2, 2019 8:03 PM

On other reality competition shows (Survivor) it makes sense to eliminate the toughest competition. But the Drag Race fanbase is different. If Naomi beats Latrice, the “all star” crown will be meaningless and the fans want it to be meaningful.

It’ll be interesting to see if Naomi suffers the kind of long term backlash that ruined Phi Phi’s career.

by Anonymousreply 219February 3, 2019 12:02 AM

R210, if AS3 scared off some queens, imagine what AS4 will do. Who will want to spend all that money and cancel those bookings to go on a show, work their ass off, show the best that they have, only to have one week where Ru reads them for having a somewhat basic dress (while ignoring Monet's tattered hems and the wig falling off Monique's head) and getting voted off by some talentless, brain dead filler queen in a desperate attempt to stay one more week.

If they could only get a garbage cast for AS4, then AS5 is going to be a fucking joke.

The only way for them to fix this is to bring back Ru's decision and a meritocracy. Big Brother and Survivor are entertaining enough in that we know going in the strong will be voted out and the strategic players will last. No one watches Drag race for strategy; they want to see a talent show. Now that the talent show is officially gone, there's no reason to stick around. Listening to 30 minutes each of confessionals from Monique and Monet in the weeks to come makes me want to blow my brains out.

by Anonymousreply 220February 3, 2019 2:58 AM

R219, unfortunately it's not happening. If you go on reddit, you'll see a bunch of straight teenage girls screaming about the hate Naomi is receiving, but they're just assholes with a victim complex. You go on her socials and there's maybe three bad comments for every one hundred good ones.

It's all "Naomi SLAYED, it was an iconic elimination!" and "WE STAN NAOMI" because they think there's some cool contrarian cache in rooting for the ones that are doing terribly and shitting on the frontrunners, but it really just exposes their complete lack of taste.

by Anonymousreply 221February 3, 2019 3:08 AM

Yeah I want to see a competition between the best queens, I don't need reality TV hijinks of shocking eliminations.

by Anonymousreply 222February 3, 2019 3:11 AM

I think after AS3 and AS4 Ru and the producers need to modify the all stars format to ensure the front runners and fan favs actually make it to the top.

by Anonymousreply 223February 3, 2019 3:56 AM

R219 I highly doubt that Naomi will ever suffer from any of the backlash Phi Phi did. Despite resting on being skinny, I don't think Naomi has a personality that comes off as caustic and rancid on reality tv, unlike Phi Phi. Apparently Phi Phi is reasonably talented outside of her stints on RPDR, but who cares enough to find out??

by Anonymousreply 224February 3, 2019 4:00 AM

All Stars is rigged? Come on now anyone who watch that final lip synch between Trixie and Kennedy could see Trixe clearly out performed her...(oh wait she didnt? She just sort of stood there while Kennedy danced her ass off?)..anyways not rigged.

by Anonymousreply 225February 3, 2019 4:32 AM

Well this completely sucks!!

Give me a fucking break! I’m sick to death of the fat cow who keeps saying she needs to stay because she’s gonna win. I loathe Latrice now. Bitch, the title is NOT yours.

Naomi willl get hers eventually. Talentless cunt. The only reason she is still there is because she’s pretty much hidden in the crowd all these weeks.

Ugh, I said I was done when Valentina lost but now there really is no reason to go on. Watching. That is 😉😉

by Anonymousreply 226February 3, 2019 6:04 AM

Manila’s husband looked Latino. So did those other two guys who weren’t fat or red-headed.

by Anonymousreply 227February 3, 2019 6:06 AM

I used to really like Latrice, but the entitlement I've seen on this season has completely put me off. All stars should go back to the sashying away elimination method.

by Anonymousreply 228February 3, 2019 6:23 AM

According to Jasmine Masters and Willam, Trinity and possibly Monet fucked a producer (likely Steven Corfe, who also fucked Willam and Pearl in earlier seasons).

by Anonymousreply 229February 3, 2019 6:31 AM

Trinity's boyfriend is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 230February 3, 2019 9:25 AM

Pearl could give Trinity pointers.

by Anonymousreply 231February 3, 2019 9:32 AM

He's gross looking, R229. And fucking him really didn't do a lot for Willam and Pearl, did it?

by Anonymousreply 232February 3, 2019 10:17 AM

I can definitely see a producer fucking Pearl, but Monet? WOOF. And for casting couch favors? That seems to be a stretch.

Perhaps I'm naive, but I think the season will end the way it's rumored to because they voted out all the talented people and made it so that all the 3's are now on a level playing field.

But if this producer saves Trinity from this nonsense, I'll be very happy.

by Anonymousreply 233February 3, 2019 4:47 PM

I loved the song this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234February 3, 2019 5:33 PM

I loathed the My Best Judy song, personally. It was just cheap sounding. Why couldn't they have used a Judy song?

Naomi slayed that lip sync.

Manila's husband is so damn cute.

Frances Bean Cobain was a terrible guest judge. Ellen Pompeo turned out to be great.

I thought Patty the redhead was adorable, and actually looked better without the eyebrows and mustache somehow.

All the "Judys" were really charming and sweet and made for good TV. They really held their own against the other queens in the show.

by Anonymousreply 235February 3, 2019 7:47 PM

I thought it was tacky that Manilla's husband hopped into her confessional and then held his hand up when they kissed.

by Anonymousreply 236February 3, 2019 8:08 PM

Isn’t this Naomi with Corfe?

Who could be attracted to a guy with the insanely inflated lips Trinity and Naomi have? I don’t get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237February 3, 2019 9:07 PM

The high point of every All Stars is the final music video challenge. Hey Kitty Girl was great and Read U Wrote U was iconic. There's zero chance that the final four this year is going to do anything even approaching those. It's going to be four Roxxxy tracks.

by Anonymousreply 238February 3, 2019 10:11 PM

Real talk: Naomi hasn't been coasting. She has performed extremely well throughout the competition and there were a couple times she could/should have been in the top two already (the Jersey challenge and the bachelorette challenge), her only true mis-step was the roast. And both of her lip-syncs have been fantastic.

Having said all that, this was a punk ass move from Naomi, especially after her speech at the beginning of this episode thanking the others for being fair and keeping her in place of Valentina. Manilla absolutely had earned her place in the top 5 and, imho, was the only viable queen left (along with Trinity) to be considered the winner.

by Anonymousreply 239February 3, 2019 10:23 PM

Post the spoilers , R233. Don’t care about whose left anymore.

by Anonymousreply 240February 3, 2019 10:54 PM

Iconic?

by Anonymousreply 241February 3, 2019 11:16 PM

I can't stop staring at Naomi's ridiculous lips. Did they really need to be made bigger? They're cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 242February 3, 2019 11:18 PM

She looks like a fucking freak. Hate her.

by Anonymousreply 243February 3, 2019 11:41 PM

I was starting to NOT hate Naomi this season (I hated her guts on her own season), but this cunt ass move is making me loathe her even more. The only one left deserving of the win is Trinity (with Monet a second.... way behind). The rest of them are ridiculous to have made it as far.

by Anonymousreply 244February 4, 2019 12:50 AM

R244 Is Monet the unfunny cow one or the unfunny other one?

by Anonymousreply 245February 4, 2019 12:57 AM

Am I the only one bothered by the ones who don't have breasts in drag? I don't get it. You do your makeup, hair, etc all in proper drag but you don't think books are necessary? It seems quite common now, especially with the younger ones. It's no different than walking out with no makeup on. Really strange.

by Anonymousreply 246February 4, 2019 1:01 AM

*boobs

by Anonymousreply 247February 4, 2019 1:02 AM

“If you’re not wearing nails, you’re not doing drag!” — Alaska Thunderfuck

Everyone has their own “rules” for drag. Personally, I don’t mind a flat chest. But I do want to see heels.

by Anonymousreply 248February 4, 2019 1:10 AM

So if Trinity fucked one of the producers, did that make it weird when Trinity's boyfriend showed up?

Does the boyfriend know, or care?

by Anonymousreply 249February 4, 2019 1:15 AM

The producer in question looks like a young KD Lang for anyone who hasn’t googled him.

by Anonymousreply 250February 4, 2019 1:32 AM

Ru needs to stop letting the queens eliminate each other on All Stars. It always results in a mess at the end. Rather than Ru choosing the bottom queens before the top two lip synch for their legacy, Ru should just choose the top 2 and whoever wins the lip synch should then be able to choose the bottom two (with the other top queen being automatically safe) and let Ru (and the producers) make the final decision as to who stays and who goes from those bottom two.

by Anonymousreply 251February 4, 2019 2:55 AM

R251 While I agree that the Queen's eliminating each other causes less worthy Queens to get further in the competition, we can't forget the Drag Race, and All Stars even more so than a regular season, is fairly rigged. Queens who've been all stars have admitted going into the competition knowing who the winner would be from day one. AS1 all queens knew Chad would win, AS2 Katya let is slip on Ru and Michelle's podcast that he did AS2 because he was told Alaska would win so it took the pressure of him and he was there to have fun and build his brand. AS3 Aja stated he knew Trixie was going to be the winner and that during the jury episode, producers rigged it so Shangela would not make the top two. AS4 seems to have been created for Trinity to win.

by Anonymousreply 252February 4, 2019 4:10 AM

Naomi had a horrible decision to make - Manilla was more deserving, but Latrice saved her. She also probably considered that Latrice would be easier to beat down the road. Who can blame her? Really, though, the All Stars format sucks. Ru should have learned her lesson when Alaska and Detox dragged the undeserving Roxxy to the final because she was their friend.

by Anonymousreply 253February 4, 2019 4:22 AM

The fandom for this show is so odd. Naomi wanted to knock out a strong player. What the fuck is wrong with that? Isn't that how you're supposed to play the game? She made a bold move and everyone is talking about it, so good on her.

by Anonymousreply 254February 4, 2019 4:30 AM

I agree, R254—it was a smart strategic move. Not surprisingly, though, Naomi is getting tons of hate on social media, including racism and death threats.

by Anonymousreply 255February 4, 2019 4:36 AM

Latrice’s sense of entitlement and attitude is very unattractive. I want to see it go. And take your skin tags with you.

by Anonymousreply 256February 4, 2019 4:50 AM

Honestly almost all of the non winners of AS1, with the exception of Mimi, deserve another shot at an all stars. Specially Pandora, Raven and Jujubee. Id rather see them for the third time than bottom of the barrel Farrah, Gia and Jasmine.

by Anonymousreply 257February 4, 2019 6:51 AM

The main thing I hate about All Stars is that every queen who made a funny sound or became known for something then does it excessively so as to try to build their "brand". Bitch it's only funny if it isn't intentional!

Example: Farrah Moan's sighing thing, Trinity "the Tuck", the cow, Shangela and her corn, Alyssa Edward's click, etc. etc.

It'd be interesting to see an authentic drag queen who wasn't just dropping words and sounds from other drag queens and tired movies everyone was sick of ten years ago. That would require talent, though.

Also why the hell do they have Monet and Monique on the same show again? They're hard enough to tell apart as it is.

by Anonymousreply 258February 4, 2019 5:05 PM

Valentina should really not have shaved off her eyebrows. Yes I know it takes a little extra time to cover them up, but she looks like a cancer patient out of drag now.

by Anonymousreply 259February 4, 2019 5:06 PM

Naomi should never have gotten lip injections. She looks ridiculous now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 4, 2019 5:08 PM

It depends on how you watch the show r254.

Whether you want reality TV hijinks a la Survivor, or you actually want to see a contest between the best Deag Queens.

Seasons 1-8 were fairly straight forward, the best performing Queens advanced and the one with the best record was crowded.

Recently, that is no longer the case and the show uses a lot of twists.

by Anonymousreply 261February 4, 2019 5:11 PM

R258 is looking for fresh and sophisticated comedy from a drag queen??? Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 262February 4, 2019 5:12 PM

Monique is witty and can think on her feet. However, she talks too much and her look is getting a little tired. I am so sick of seeing her confessionals on EVERYTHING. Monet Exchange does nothing for me - not even sure how she ranked as an All-Star. Her looks are busted if you ask me - not polished and dime store tacky.

Manila had almost everything and by far the best looks - this is a professional - so of course Michelle takes Ru's cues and gets her in the bottom two.

Drag Race is now RUled by the producers who want the young viewers (who support the mostly untalented younger queens). That said, I don't know who Valentina pissed off - you can't take your eyes off her. I felt very manipulated this season and am done watching AS4. Hoping the regular season is better.

by Anonymousreply 263February 4, 2019 5:25 PM

Ru is just calling it in these day. I only started watching the show in season 8 and just re-watched season 2 though 7 on Netflix and in the early years you can tell he took the show very seriously. He was much more "motherly" towards the queen and encouraged them. Now I feel like Ru just shows up reads the lines and takes the pay check home.

R263 This season of AS by far seems the most manipulated and set up. Personally, I've always preferred the regular season to All Stars and I really think they should abandon the format. Ru admitted on his podcast once that AS was basically created by producers to reward queens who went on to great success after their season.

by Anonymousreply 264February 4, 2019 10:35 PM

Do the producers of RPDR actually have a say in who wins or goes home? I thought that, aside from any allowance for contestants to do the auf'ing, Ru was sole dictator.

by Anonymousreply 265February 5, 2019 1:52 AM

Great post, R263. You really summed it all up. Hopefully some of the producers are DLers and listen.

by Anonymousreply 266February 5, 2019 3:06 AM

TLo are cashing in with a book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 5, 2019 3:13 AM

Don't know why that link didn't work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268February 5, 2019 3:15 AM

Half of them don't even look that different out of drag than they do in drag. All the face work, lip injections, etc. It's ridiculous. Seeing the transition was half the fun. And that would show more talent. A doctor messing up your face or body is the opposite of talent. Like most things now, standards are non existent. However I do still find Ru funny in drag. He totally carries the show.

by Anonymousreply 269February 5, 2019 3:56 AM

[quote]Ru is just calling it in these day.

She cannot possibly think that shitty network show she is on will be a long term money earner for her. If it makes it 2 months it will be a miracle.

by Anonymousreply 270February 5, 2019 4:03 AM

I was embarrassed for Ru on that awful CBS show produced by Trump protector Mark Burnett. It was also clear that Ru has great writers on RPDR - not so much on The worlds Best.

by Anonymousreply 271February 5, 2019 6:33 AM

The motherly thing R264 was always phoney but better presented and less phoned in during early seasons, but this week there was a moment when he did a caring sharing thing in the workroom and choked up with non-existent tears, it was his worst effort to date. Also surprised just how dumb the contestants are, they seemed to had never heard of the Judy/Stonewall connection. They've really fucked up the franchise with the stupid elimination process , they've made it too obviously a reality show and not a talent competition , but that's what you get for being greedy and tinkering with success in thinking you can squeeze even more out of it.

by Anonymousreply 272February 5, 2019 9:45 AM

The contestants ARE dumb. They're basically queeny trash that like putting on makeup and pretending to be women.

Some of them you can't even understand because their voices are so unintelligible for whatever reason.

One of the Ms - either Monique or Monet, I can't remember which is which most of the time - rely way too much on bodysuits.

I agree that the transformation is what made them great. Now with all the cheap plastic surgery they look cartoonish in and out of drag.

(I still can't believe Naomi did that to her lips. Bitch, you're black, you already have enormous lips, why the hell would you make them BIGGER??)

Valentina is one injection away from becoming trans like Gia Gunn. She's already shaved off her eyebrows and is claiming "nonbinary" status. She loves feeling glamorous and pretty way too much. She likely wears makeup out of drag on a typical day.

Did Gia get the snip? She seems like one of those queens who latches on to "being trans" as a way to distinguish herself. I'd be surprised if she's even taking hormones.

Also, even though she's Asian, that Snatch Game impression she did was straight up racist.

by Anonymousreply 273February 5, 2019 10:50 AM

R265 Although I think it's debatable how much power Ru actually had over the show, particularly eliminations, his influence has waned a great deal. Allegedly Ru virtually abdicated all his power to make elimination decisions when the show moved to VH1 in exchange for a hefty pay increase. It's forgotten now, but Drag Race was not actually created by or even for Ru. Logo already had plans in place to create a drag competition show and it just show happened that at the same time the show was in development, Ru and his management were looking for a TV opportunity. This was not technically his creation and therefore a lot of the show's direction rests with producers.

During regular seasons, decisions about who is the top and bottom are basically decided by the producers. After the runways are over, Ru and the judges leave the main stage to discuss things with the producers. The judges critiques are scripted around who producers want in the top and bottom. After the lip sync for your life, Ru leaves the stage to meet with producers again and the decision is made. Some queens (like Jiggly, Thorgy, and Aja) have alleged they were told in advanced when they were getting eliminated. Eliminations have a noticeable pattern to them now: for example, there is always a shock elimination around 5th or 6th place and that person is often seen as the front runner for Miss Congeniality.

by Anonymousreply 274February 5, 2019 3:11 PM

Very interesting R274.

How do you know all of this?

by Anonymousreply 275February 5, 2019 3:18 PM

Even though the talent show is unwatchable, it’s nice to see Mark Burnett and CBS cast a very out and very gay man in such a prominent role on a major network primetime show.

by Anonymousreply 276February 5, 2019 3:39 PM

What really turns me off Naomi is that her and her clique go on and on about voting fair only to do the opposite when they have the power. That clique went off on Manila when she saved Latrice over Monique...,

And ugh, it’s obvious Monét will win now. There’s no way they’re going to crown Trinity after what happened w Trixie and Shangela.

It’s ironic that Shangela losing to Trixie now means the Trixie of this season (Monét) will win as a result.

Manila was only hope at a worthy winner of color...

by Anonymousreply 277February 5, 2019 4:24 PM

Monet is the least talented of all the queens that are left. Well, with the exception of Latrice. And even that is debatable.

by Anonymousreply 278February 5, 2019 5:54 PM

This loathing for the black queens is excessive. Monique is the best singer to come out of drag race and Monet is a classically trained opera singer with an actual personality.

by Anonymousreply 279February 5, 2019 7:46 PM

R279 Is that you Vixen, supporting your blac sistas?

by Anonymousreply 280February 5, 2019 8:04 PM

Why didn’t Monet or Monique sing for the talent challenge?

by Anonymousreply 281February 5, 2019 8:11 PM

I'd be lucky to have Monique and Monet as sisters. They are treasures.

by Anonymousreply 282February 5, 2019 9:15 PM

R282 Moo, Moo, they are cheap street trash, so bad they look like drug soaked trannys from the Seventies

by Anonymousreply 283February 5, 2019 9:28 PM

R275 All of this is open knowledge based on things Ru, the queens, former producers and people involved with the show have said over the years. Ru has openly stated numerous times that most of the jokes he and judges say during the runways are fed to them through ear pieces by the show's writers.

Several of the Queens have talked about how the lip syncs actually work and that Ru doesn't decide who is being eliminated right on the spot. After the lip sync, the queens return to lounge and wait while Ru makes the decisions with "guidance from producers." Ru himself has said the he re-watches the lip syncs with producers and discuss things. Editing also heavily influences how the audience sees the lip sync so even a good lip sync can be edited to look terrible. Sasha Bell alleges that she actually won the lip sync against Katya in season 7 but that producers wanted Katya to stay and so the lip sync was cut down only to show Katya's best parts and Sasha's worst. I tend to believe this is true if you watch it, the song is heavily edited (about 1.5 minutes of the song is cut out) and Katya's appearance is more limited than Sasha's yet Katya wins. Producers likely felt Katya had more long term potential than Sasha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 5, 2019 9:45 PM

It's confirmed Drag Race Season 11 debuts March 1, 2018 on VH1. They are keeping the show on Fridays which will negatively impact the ratings has it has done with AS4. Also Wow has confirmed Ru and Michelle are filming Drag Race UK this spring and it will air on VH1 in America likely this fall. AS5 and Season 12 are in the casting process and likely will later in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 285February 5, 2019 9:50 PM

Yeah You can tell Ru doesn’t decide eliminations anymore. No way would’ve Shangela gone if that was the case. Production pushed Trixie cause they’d benefit financially more from her.

Ru herself used to say that when the show went mainstream, it’s be because she sold out.

I’d say season 7 in a way was the start of this. Since that season queens who are popular on social media (usually young, thin, white, pretty and talentless) started doing better than queens w actual talent. The new audience it gained (usually dumb straight teen girls) prefers pretty over talent.

Anyway, it’s funny this show copied America’s Next Top Model when it started and now on VH1, it has more in common w a modeling competition than a drag competition.

by Anonymousreply 286February 5, 2019 10:17 PM

One thing you have to remember is casting. They are not casting the best drag queens they can find. They are casting the best set of characters they can find. Once they get a few they then look for personalities that will make good TV with the others. It's extremely one dimensional. I don't think Ru has anything more than an opinion on who goes or stays at this point. The producers need to please VH1 and that's it. Once Ru caved and took away "you've got she-mail" it felt different. If I had to get I'd say they have the top 3 or 4 picked before filming even begins. Since they film the finale sp much later they have time to decide who fits the mold most.

by Anonymousreply 287February 5, 2019 10:39 PM

"They are not casting the best drag queens they can find. They are casting the best set of characters they can find."

What is your definition of "the best drag queen"? Seriously curious since you seem to think that there's a whole group of drag queens who are not cast on this show, What do those ignored queens have in common that makes them different from the show contestants?

by Anonymousreply 288February 5, 2019 11:23 PM

[quote]It's confirmed Drag Race Season 11 debuts March 1, 2018 on VH1. They are keeping the show on Fridays which will negatively impact the ratings has it has done with AS4. Also Wow has confirmed Ru and Michelle are filming Drag Race UK this spring and it will air on VH1 in America likely this fall. AS5 and Season 12 are in the casting process and likely will later in 2020.

r285, good grief, VH1 is really running this into the ground. Give the audience a chance to breathe.

by Anonymousreply 289February 6, 2019 12:15 AM

R289 Drag Race UK will run on BBC3 but it's anticipated VH1 will run it too.

R286 According to Aja and Michael Morgan, the queens knew going into AS3 that Trixie was going to be the winner. Problem is Trixie under performed big time and with editing they tried to spin Trixie's win as a late in the competition comeback, but editing couldn't hide the weakness of his performance. Added to that Dela and Shangela came in meaning business. Although Dela has never said it directly, it sounds as though producers made his life a living hell while filming AS3 and his "shocking elimination" was a mutual decision. As for Shangela, Aja has said the Queen were basically told to vote Trixie and Kennedy as the final two. There was no way Trixie would have won if it was Shangela/Trixie in the top two.

by Anonymousreply 290February 6, 2019 12:24 AM

Which one is the one trying to make cow-print her brand?

by Anonymousreply 291February 6, 2019 12:28 AM

R290, this may be a stupid question, but I'm assuming Trixie knew as well?

by Anonymousreply 292February 6, 2019 12:32 AM

@288 - It's not about what I, or anyone, thinks is the best drag queen. All these reality tv shows cast the same way. Without a good TV personality, you're never getting on such a high profile TV show. The network also has to ok you. Not just the casting people, producers or Ru. It's a very long, complicated process.

by Anonymousreply 293February 6, 2019 12:46 AM

I've been watching "Drag Race Thailand", and I much prefer it to the US version. They still use, "You've got She Mail", and while the queens can be bitchy, they're all actually rather sweet and supportive to each other.

I hope that Latrice doesn't win it.

by Anonymousreply 294February 6, 2019 1:01 AM

In other drag race news, Michelle Visage had her breast implants removed today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295February 6, 2019 4:28 AM

r246 I totally agree. The queens don't have to do big titties every single time, but at least mix it up. How did the saying used to go? Something like "Big hair, small face, big tits, small waist" That said, I am very happy the incredibly lame silicone breastplate trend seems to have died.

by Anonymousreply 296February 6, 2019 4:48 AM

R268 Surprised it took them that long. WAY back when, they used to be fun. Now they think they are the shit (they are not, they are just shit). The ads alone are ridiculous. I mean, good for them for getting some coin, but it's like they will take absolutely anything. Last time I visited the site, I was not only bored to tears, but it crashed my computer, and I have adblocks galore.

by Anonymousreply 297February 6, 2019 5:05 AM

r294 Where do you live where you can view that? I would love to see it. I firmly believe that RuPaul decided to sell out when the "you've got she-mail" controversy exploded. I remember him ranting on Twitter saying how he was the one keeping the lights on at Logo. I think once VH1 dangled the money and bigger viewership carrot, he was like fuck it, I'm in. I no longer give a shit, just give me my check (and my Emmys). Can't say I blame him.

by Anonymousreply 298February 6, 2019 5:16 AM

R295 It took that dumb bitch 20 fucking years to get her horrible implants yanked? What the fuck is wrong with these people? 2 years? OK, 4? Possibly, 10? Insane. 20? Certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 299February 6, 2019 5:20 AM

Full disclosure that I have no personal knowledge of what I'm talking about, only instinct...but..

I have a hard time believing the producer-control narrative. This show isn't that important to television, and it barely makes that much money. How can they spend that much time and money laboring over the decisions for a show this low-brow?

I think Ru is still dictator, yet she makes some errors at times, runs out of ideas, doesn't listen to some of her colleagues and judges , and relies too heavily on formats that have proven to work and moves on to her other projects. That explains how the show is getting a bit lamer, much moreso than the theory of ever-increasing controls when it is and always will be a shitty cable show. As for the shit editing of lip synch battles - that has always been a hallmark of this show. You never see more than 1/4 of the song, and they try to pick the best moments to make a nice summary of the proceedings. Sometimes there aren't that many, sometimes there are a great many, like the last few weeks of AS4.

That said...I will still continue to watch and love this drek and roll my eyes, because it's still fun to watch after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 300February 6, 2019 7:21 AM

r300 The show itself may not make that much money (I have no idea), but things like Drag Con, etc. do bring in a ton of money. RuPaul's speaking and appearance fees grow constantly. The better queens (e.g. Bianca, Adore) are making a lot more money because of their exposure on Drag Race than they ever would have.

Also, sadly, it isn't all that low-brow now as it was in the first few seasons. The low-brow production made it campy and fun. Now it has been mainstreamed into crashing boredom.

by Anonymousreply 301February 6, 2019 7:26 AM

R301, and how would all that extra cash Ru and the queens make have any bearing on producers having control over the queens' wins and eliminations? This ain't American Idol where they are forced into a contract and management deal that makes them cough up 15% to the producers of the show, right? Am I misunderstanding your point?

Agreed it was way more low rent early on. But it still is a low budget tacky affair compared to network TV, and even compared to some high end cable. They don't do much to change the set each year, the music is still shite, etc. All that is changed is a few coats of paint, more costumes and lens filters, better film equipment, and a LOT more self-conscious Instaqueens, causing the show to veer into non-controversy, less excitement and less danger. I don't see how that is really 'mainstream'. We don't see any footage of tours home or massive lighting design or location shoots. I just don't see how the evolving look of the show really still qualifies it to be seen as objectively mainstream - just mainstream by comparison to earlier seasons. That arc is really slow.

Again, I'm splitting hairs and will love this silly show to the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 302February 6, 2019 7:46 AM

You don't even try to hide it, do you R283?

by Anonymousreply 303February 6, 2019 12:28 PM

R302, how old are you?

by Anonymousreply 304February 6, 2019 1:06 PM

When Monet did Cher in her regular season challenge, she speaksang her way through it. I mean, it worked for Bea Arthur, but I don't see her singing talent.

by Anonymousreply 305February 6, 2019 6:18 PM

I’m also watching Drag Race Thailand and it’s in every way a better show than the US. I only just started the second season (you can find it online, some kind soul has subtitled the episodes in English) but I already love it.

For the finale, the main challenge was that they were given a choreographer, a video designer, and backup dancers to create a three-minute act to show what they could do with real resources and real collaborators. I’d love to see the US queens take that on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306February 6, 2019 6:48 PM

Michelle Visage's struggles are truly heartbreaking and inspirational.

by Anonymousreply 307February 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Intoxicated young RuPaul grocery shopping in NYC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 6, 2019 10:57 PM

r298, get a VPN service first, then choose an Asian, New Zealand or Aussie server. Use the MG link (the OL has some weird CG pron link). Don't download, just view onscreen. The latest episodes are usually uploaded every Monday. If you time out (I think it's maybe more than an hour), clear your cache, choose a different IP address, and pick up where you left off. His subtitles are very enlightening- he'll translate slang or explain Thai references (look at the top of the screen for that). Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309February 6, 2019 11:36 PM

Thanks so much r309!!

by Anonymousreply 310February 6, 2019 11:57 PM

You guys are completely out of the loop...why didn’t anyone link the new Pepsi ad with Monet X Change and Cardi B?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311February 8, 2019 7:37 AM

no one is outta the loop.....monet is nothing more than a fat boy in a dress. nice personality-miss congeniality.

alaska, jinkx, pearl, violet and courtney act are some of the more inventive and invested drag queens out there with intellectual capacities greater than most. Katya too when she's not strung out.......but they aren't great stage performers.

Kennedy Davenport, Ginger Minj, Dida Ritz, Alyssa Edwards and Adore Delano are all wonderful performers on stage, all round DRAG queens who can entertain for hours. But they're not good at the Drag Race game.

Monet is the sweet face funny best friend. Although she's not pumped full of plastic, he sure as hell never resembles a woman.

by Anonymousreply 312February 8, 2019 6:50 PM

[quote]Real talk: Naomi hasn't been coasting.

So this is her best?

Bless.

by Anonymousreply 313February 8, 2019 6:58 PM

Speaking of Pearl, he's a dark and subversive guy. Talented and troubled. He recently posted a sad video straight talking about his years of abuse and self abuse. Drugs, escorting, drugs, violent relationships, drugs and risky living, drag and anxiety. Lots of anxiety, abuse, drugs. He's not going to set a stage on fire dancing, death dropping and lip synching but he's more than an instagram model and his references are widespread and witty. The kids love him but he's been with a lot of older gay men - here his old zombie character dresses up as I dream of Jeannie for Halloween. He's very entertaining in the right format. I don't stan him, but he doesn't deserve to be shunned just because he told a truth about RuPaul. Katya, Morgan, Kennedy and Violet have said much more critical and revealing things regarding the fuckery of Drag Race, but they were careful not to directly disrespect Ru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314February 8, 2019 7:34 PM

r314 Oh, I thought he actually was a zombie he is so fucking dull. And didn't he fuck a producer to get to the top 3?

by Anonymousreply 315February 8, 2019 7:48 PM

I thought that Adore was the drugged out, suicidal queen.

by Anonymousreply 316February 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Adore has his shit pretty much together these days. I wish he and Bianca would do a show together. They bring out the best in each other.

by Anonymousreply 317February 8, 2019 9:42 PM

R213, you're giving Monet too much credit. He's very self-important and delusional about his level of talent, and if the sneak peek for tonight's episode is any indication, he also has a shady side.

R317, I've heard just the opposite. Lots of drunken, drugged out videos posted on his social media in the last couple of weeks. There's also rumors he's parTying harder than ever.

by Anonymousreply 318February 8, 2019 10:46 PM

My bad, R213 should've been R312

by Anonymousreply 319February 8, 2019 10:46 PM

I'm just watching tonight to see what a train wreck the acting challenge will be. I've never done that before with Drag Race. What a waste. #WorstTop5Eva

They better step their pussy up next season. Bring back the Lip Sync for Your Life, or if RuPaul doesn't want to face the backlash of sending an All Star home, then don't do another All Stars. I have less than zero interest in watching talentless, gutter trash conspire to send home the talented queens so they can have another week to bombard us with their unfunny catchphrases and show off all three of their performance tricks.

by Anonymousreply 320February 8, 2019 10:57 PM

brown cow

by Anonymousreply 321February 8, 2019 11:11 PM

Here's my prediction for the acting challenge tonight:

Monique: Biblical character, that's a certainty. She will be VERY loud and consistently talking, may get a genuine laugh or two, but will ultimately come off obnoxious.

Naomi: She will play 1) a snotty thirteen year old girl-type or 2) a stone-faced high fashion cliche. It will flatline, and Reddit will say she was ROBBED of the win.

Latrice: Will immediately shut down and look extremely put-upon that everyone around her is being so hammy and over-the-top. From the mid-point on, she will be silent and sit there with an angry scowl on her face.

Monet: Will put on a cheap wig, spray herself with water, and just play Monet only less authentic and more wooden. She will be in the top.

Trinity: Will either hit it out of the park or bomb miserably, either or. Possibly the later if she picks a redneck character. If it's the former, she'll be the other top.

I hope this show proves all of that wrong, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 322February 8, 2019 11:30 PM

R318 Oh shit, that's not good. Adore, get it sorted!

by Anonymousreply 323February 8, 2019 11:50 PM

I didn't like Kameron Michaels either, but at least he could sell a song. If they didn't have Drag Race demi-fame, most of them would be working the corner. Naomi does look appealing here, for a few seconds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324February 9, 2019 12:11 AM

God, these scripted acting challenges are pretty much always a fucking mess.

They should have just done a ball.

by Anonymousreply 325February 9, 2019 12:54 AM

Manila dressed as Naomi doing the Garland LSFYL at the club this week is a CHAMPION play. One of the many things I love about Manila Luzon is that she has true artistic wit. Her wit has always been visual in fashion and expression. Sometimes it's more basic. She's one of the very best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326February 9, 2019 12:57 AM

Manila’s kitty cat couture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327February 9, 2019 1:11 AM

That exited SATC mockumentary was agonizingly bad. So bad. So bad. So terrible and bad.

by Anonymousreply 328February 9, 2019 1:33 AM

And it went on for a really long time r328. But like I said earlier, these scripted acting challenges are nearly always bad. I don't know why the show loves them so much.

by Anonymousreply 329February 9, 2019 1:37 AM

Trinity FTW, just to make the Vixen explode

by Anonymousreply 330February 9, 2019 1:51 AM

Trinity has this in the bag unless the pull a last minute twist like last season and Trinity becomes the new Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 331February 9, 2019 2:46 AM

Trinity is the new Trixie, she will win her season but everyone will say Manila should have won. The same thing Trixie has to live with in Shangela.

by Anonymousreply 332February 9, 2019 2:51 AM

Trinity FTW!!!! What a hypocrites Naomi and Monet were. When they are in the bottom suddenly the report card should be considered. Fucking cunts

by Anonymousreply 333February 9, 2019 5:47 AM

After Valentina and Manila’s eliminations, I honestly have zero interest. My boyfriend is currently watching last night’s episode and I’m posting on Data Lounge, so...

Probably won’t even watch the next season and I’ve NEVER felt so liberated.

Also, FUCK Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 334February 9, 2019 9:04 AM

I was really hoping Trinity would pick Naomi. When Trinity won the lipsych and they cut to show the losers in the background, Naomi had that "shit, I'm going home" expression. I can't wait to see who Monique chose. I'm sure that, had Trinity been in the bottom she would be gone now.

by Anonymousreply 335February 9, 2019 10:19 AM

I thought Monique actually won the lip sync and therefore probably has Naomi's lipstick. They don't want her gone so they fuck with how they edit the LSFYL. They do that all the time on All Stars. Alaska don't win lip syncs against Katya, not in the real world....

Our true and forever winner. Manila Luzon. Shady, clever, witty and oh so stylish in a color she wouldn't be caught dead in. Manila's dumb parody is better than the jazz hand back bend wormy ass seizure that Naomi won Ten Thousand Dollahs for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336February 9, 2019 10:44 AM

Shangela gets a mention from Ariana herselfeses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337February 9, 2019 6:16 PM

[quote]I'm sure that, had Trinity been in the bottom she would be gone now.

For sure. And Trinity knew it as too. Had they not put her in the top 2 she would have been eliminated. The All Star system is broken when it is completely up to the rival contestants who is allowed to advance no matter how well they are doing.

It's not a competition about talent anymore, it is purely a reality TV sow.

by Anonymousreply 338February 9, 2019 6:49 PM

There is a rumor going around that instead of jury like in AS3, the top two will be determined by the previous three All Stars Winners.

Also, Gia gave some credence to buzz going round the that producers are feeling the pressure not to crown Trinity because the All Stars winners circle is looking too white.

by Anonymousreply 339February 9, 2019 8:25 PM

[quote]There is a rumor going around that instead of jury like in AS3, the top two will be determined by the previous three All Stars Winners.

Well of course. If you watched the preview with the previous winners saying "all stars rules have been suspended", that is what the show itself is hinting at. Though it could be misdirection.

by Anonymousreply 340February 9, 2019 8:33 PM

No, it's correct R340. Everyone knows who the top two are, both of them were filmed being crowned back in August. All the spoilers and predicted elimination orders have been correct so far. One of the top 2 makes me very unhappy. Y'all better be retweeting who your favorite is. The crowning is next Friday, they can still re-edit. #AllStars4

by Anonymousreply 341February 9, 2019 9:11 PM

Finally had a chance to watch the latest episode. A few thoughts:

The Sex and The Kitty, Girl challenge had to be one of THE worst challenges, acting or otherwise, in the history of the franchise. Just didn't click for me, wasn't funny at all. The script/lines were bad, the characters and interactions were bad and not to mention Ross' supposed directing. Not sure why the queens have to do an "acting" challenge.

Confused about some of the queen's attitudes toward voting & eliminations. Seems its wrong to want to save friends (but not be able to) and then eliminate someone else who performed better. BUT it is ok to want to do the same when YOU are in same position. Seemed very shady of them to knock Melania for wanting to the former.

And speaking of Manila - thought she would have killed these challenges as she had done in the past. #TeamManila

by Anonymousreply 342February 9, 2019 9:31 PM

Apparently, Shangela is friends with Ariana Grande’s half-brother. Yuck!

If Chad, Alaska, and Trixie pick Trinity, that will absolve RuPaul and the show of not picking a black winner.

Monet and Monique seem like nice people but they are strictly entry level, busted drag queens. The show will not give either one of them an All Star crown.

by Anonymousreply 343February 9, 2019 10:27 PM

R343 And Nomi is a nothing, nothing person, nothing drag queen, just a long void of nothing

by Anonymousreply 344February 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Well like it or not, Monet is one of the final two. So you best get voicing your support for Trinity on a social media platform that matters.

by Anonymousreply 345February 9, 2019 10:57 PM

It's rather adorable that you think they actually care what you do on social media r345.

by Anonymousreply 346February 10, 2019 12:46 AM

I asked this the last season he was on- WTF is up with Monet's literal titties? dude has better titties than I do.

by Anonymousreply 347February 10, 2019 12:56 AM

I'm more hunky than adorable R346, but I'm glad your weariness finds me cute.

by Anonymousreply 348February 10, 2019 1:02 AM

R345 Is Monet the fat black untalented one, or is that the other one, as they are both ft, black and untalent. The other one if thin, black and untalented.

What a fucking awful season and third rate talent

by Anonymousreply 349February 10, 2019 1:08 AM

Yes R349, Monet is the fat black untalented one - with the full on soft titties. I disagree about Monique though. I think she is very talented and charismatic. But with messy drag and trying way too hard to be heard. Not a winner.

I agree it's an awful season. At least Trinity is a pro - pragmatic and bitchy and a bit clever. Her looks are all very polished. Too bad she's not made of flesh.

by Anonymousreply 350February 10, 2019 1:25 AM

I'd love to be able to say Monique is a winner but yeah, her drag is messy at times and I don't always like her make up. She is a very talented queen.

by Anonymousreply 351February 10, 2019 1:28 AM

My problem with Trinity is that nothing about her seems real. (insert cosmetic surgery joke) By that I mean she has figured out what she needs to do to be a winner, she makes smart choices, but none of it feels like it comes from who she is. It's all just calculation and things she learned from doing pageants. Nothing authentic so it feels hollow.

by Anonymousreply 352February 10, 2019 1:32 AM

Manila is a drag artist and an artist period. Trinity is bit more like a drag product. But she cares about herself and respects what she does. I believe Monique does too - she just hasn't had the safety and resources to glow up. Drag Race has given that small town preacher son scared for his gay drag queen life REAL freedom. He's gonna do great. He doesn't have to get classy. Money won't buy you class - see Trinity. Where she got such a good ass job I have no idea, because her toxic material looks and moves right! Monet is a frustrated comic and actor who uses bad drag to make money, gain acceptance, get laid and get gigs he could never land on his own. (Aja in Brooklyn) See Bob and Bianca too. Except they both had real talent to "tootsie" up.

This lil bitch bugs the fuck outta me though. Making a couple hundred thousand dollars a year in bra and panties. Being praised as a supermodel when he's just a skinny brat with huge feet and features. A real hideous nose and fake hideous lips. Non fattening and talent-free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 10, 2019 2:19 AM

The only thing more annoying that Monique's pushing of the 'cow' brand is the voice. That voice makes me want to scream and not in delight.

by Anonymousreply 354February 10, 2019 4:55 AM

The judges all seemed to be struggling to pull compliments out of their asses for those performances. They were all weak. And Felicity Huffman certainly looked "refreshed."

by Anonymousreply 355February 10, 2019 6:25 AM

One thing I noticed about this season, producers are covering Ru's ass when the popular queens get eliminated. When Valentina and Latrice were eliminated, they cut to "shocked Ru face," for Manilla they cut to "stunned panel."

R355 The only person who actually made me laugh during the Sex and the Kitty Girl thing was Monique. Also I noticed they did not edit in the judges laughs when they were screening the skit. I've never seen that on Drag Race before, usually you can count on at least one loud Michelle laugh.

Someone on reddit named this season All Stars 4: We've Run Out of Queens. That's what it feels like. Say what you want about AS3 but I found each episode entertaining, this season is boring and low energy.

by Anonymousreply 356February 10, 2019 3:27 PM

[Quote]The judges all seemed to be struggling to pull compliments out of their asses for those performances. They were all weak.

There are always these half-assed scripts that aren't funny.

Also the two characters that were crazy and written to be funny were the top two. Shocker.

by Anonymousreply 357February 10, 2019 3:33 PM

The script was very lame and these queens didn't have the chops to make anything out of it

by Anonymousreply 358February 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Manila is the only queen this season who would have been a deserving winner. Having her next to Chad and Alaska would be a return to high quality winners after the Trixie win.

by Anonymousreply 359February 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Agreed r359. Manila being in the Hall of Fame feels correct. The others that are left, they feel like also rans.

by Anonymousreply 360February 10, 2019 4:41 PM

The hypocrite is Trinity. Blathering about a fair competition all the while fucking a producer to get ahead. You're a whore darlin.

by Anonymousreply 361February 10, 2019 5:04 PM

R361 Who is/was Trinity sleeping with to get ahead?

by Anonymousreply 362February 10, 2019 5:10 PM

The idea that Trinity has sexual allure/powers - that might be the funniest thing to come from this season of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 363February 10, 2019 5:13 PM

Pearl's takedown of Rupaul might have been more effective if she hadn't prefaced it with acknowledging that she saw ingratiating herself with the panel as a boost to her chances on the show.

by Anonymousreply 364February 10, 2019 5:17 PM

R347, forget Monet's titties; what's up with Monique's facial discolorment? In the two seasons she's been on, I've never heard anyone on the show or online discuss it. Did her Margaret White zealot church try to expel a gay demon from her soul by baptizing her with acid? Did someone dump hot popcorn butter on her head? Was it an unfortunate hot glue gun accident? (Which would make sense of why she doesn't want to glue her wig down and it's always flying off her head ((also, laziness)))

by Anonymousreply 365February 10, 2019 5:19 PM

R365 Yikes, you sound like a real asshole. Do you scrutinize people to make fun of their physical imperfections in real life or only from the safety of your keyboard?

by Anonymousreply 366February 10, 2019 8:02 PM

r314, you call this SUBTLE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367February 11, 2019 7:43 PM

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368February 11, 2019 7:50 PM

The only reason I can think of Naomi getting larger lips is that it was cheaper than getting a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 369February 11, 2019 7:52 PM

Is this really Naomi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370February 11, 2019 7:59 PM

R370 looks like her without the fish lips, so I'd say yes

by Anonymousreply 371February 11, 2019 8:01 PM

Here's a still from her audition video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372February 11, 2019 8:15 PM

I'm good with Manila being gone. She has great looks but that's about it. The crossed eyes thing she does is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 373February 12, 2019 1:27 AM

[quote]She has great looks but that's about it

Weird thing to say when she was the only queen who was really able to deliver on the Roast of Lady Bunny.

by Anonymousreply 374February 12, 2019 1:37 AM

[Quote] Weird thing to say when she was the only queen who was really able to deliver on the Roast of Lady Bunny.

Weird thing to say when there were other challenges.

by Anonymousreply 375February 12, 2019 1:42 AM

That's a nonsensical comeback. Your statement is that Manila displayed no talent other than cool fashion, which is false.

by Anonymousreply 376February 12, 2019 1:44 AM

Manila has more than good "looks." She is a master of the art of female illusion. No fake parts, not even Botox. And he's the tallest in the competition too. He's handsome as a dude but he looks like a woman - many different women. She evokes many eras down to the smallest nuance and mannerism. Her lip sync to Whitney Houston was one of the best things ever seen on Drag Race. Manila became the eighties, and the sweet young Whitney Houston, with absolutely no resemblance to her. She did well in both Snatch Game appearance and is proficient in the acting categories. He also still makes much of his own drag. Gorgeous and creative, Manila is amazing. One of the top 5 queens EVER to compete on Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377February 12, 2019 1:48 AM

Good looks, I'll say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 12, 2019 2:22 AM

Manilla is easily one of the best queens ever. Better than most of the actual winners

by Anonymousreply 379February 12, 2019 2:23 AM

As many have already stated, Manila deserved to win AS4. Her looks were stunning, tho I don't think she really did well with the Judy Challenge. The only talented queen left as far as looks go, is Trinity.

by Anonymousreply 380February 12, 2019 2:56 AM

If Trinity wins then fine. In general it was a dull season. Hoping RPDR 11 is better.

by Anonymousreply 381February 12, 2019 3:33 AM

I’d rate Manilla is one of the best queens ever to appear on Drag Race. I think she should have won her first season (instead of Raja) as well.

by Anonymousreply 382February 12, 2019 3:44 AM

R382 "Can I get a Amen up in he-ah?"

by Anonymousreply 383February 12, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote]Hoping RPDR 11 is better.

I'm rooting for Vanjie and Nina West.

by Anonymousreply 384February 12, 2019 3:49 AM

Fun seeing Monet in this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385February 12, 2019 3:51 AM

R377 Hell to the Yes! I meant to include your post in mine at R383.

by Anonymousreply 386February 12, 2019 3:51 AM

I fucking hate Naomi. She's now throwing a tantrum about the shady practices of Drag Race. Bitch you already competed so you know what they are like. Just be thankful you even got a second chance.

I'm sick of her bitter ass moaning about white queens and lack of opportunities for POC Queens. Well Naomi if you didn't kick off Manila you actually could have celebrated an Asian Drag Queen AS winner, a POC Queen that rightfully deserved the crown.

Also I don't know why she's bitter about not winning, she never stood a chance. She's a filler queen that exceeded expectations by chucking her biggest competition under the bus.

Also I hate Latrice. Manila went out of her way to support her and save her and the fuck wasn't even upset Manila went home. Ungrateful bitch.

by Anonymousreply 387February 12, 2019 3:53 AM

Love Manila. Handsome guy and gorgeous queen. She was robbed :(

by Anonymousreply 388February 12, 2019 5:21 AM

They definitely need to revamp the format again for AS5.

by Anonymousreply 389February 12, 2019 5:41 AM

It was a huge mistake for Latrice to take part in these season as it has damaged her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 390February 12, 2019 5:51 AM

[Quote] It was a huge mistake for Latrice to take part in these season as it has damaged her reputation.

She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 391February 12, 2019 5:59 AM

Wanted Naomi to be kicked off but Latrice will do just fine.

Ru keeps looking shocked after all the talented queens were voted out. Bitch, if you don't want to be upset all the good ones are leaving, then take back the fucking responsibility of kicking them out yourself.

by Anonymousreply 392February 12, 2019 6:19 AM

Ahem, Ru is informed who's lipstick the queens choose. That sometimes plays into who he declares the winner of the lip synch. He and the producers have discussed who should be eliminated prior to this. He's not shocked and he doesn't act it convincely either. So the show is only partially rigged.

Kennedy Davenport (talented but not too bright) made the mistake of revealing that Ru personally apologized to her before she was eliminated in 4th place on season 7. Watch the episode - even with editing they can't hide that Kennedy did great. He explained to Kennedy that Pearl needed to be in the top 3. Then for the only time EVER on the reunion show, RuPaul told everyone they should go see Kennedy Davenport in person if they get a chance, because she's a hell of a performer. And so she is. You can tell Ru liked her, he's a bit affectionate in his tone with some queens. Kennedy is old school, hard working, small town queen, not young or sophisticated. She was supporting her family and taking care of his handicapped sister. Anyway, when Kennedy revealed this she thought she was being nice about Ru and how the cookie crumbles, but she's lucky she didn't' get sued by Logo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393February 12, 2019 7:37 AM

Great post r393. Any other dirt? I am lonely and can't sleep.

by Anonymousreply 394February 12, 2019 7:44 AM

Yeah, well, I’m pissed that they manipulate us so shamelessly, R393.

I skipped the entire opening segment cause I couldn’t stomach the bitches talking about how they loved Manila and still that big-lipped cunt sent her home.

by Anonymousreply 395February 12, 2019 4:33 PM

R393 A number of queens over the years have claimed to have been notified that they were going to be eliminated. I remember Jiggly claiming that she knew she was being eliminated because the morning of the runway she woke up to find a checkout invoice for the hotel under her door.

All Stars is also similarly rigged. Aja has stated numerous times that going into AS3 all the Queens knew Trixie would win and that the jury vote at the end was somewhat rigged and only Thorgy went against they way producers wanted them to vote. Also during an interview on Ru's podcast, Katya very bluntly said that they all knew Alaska was going to be the winner which is the only reason he did AS so soon after season 7 because he felt less pressure know he wouldn't win.

So Season 11 will air on Thursdays starting Feb 28. The ratings for AS4 are way down likely due to the switch to Friday. Glad to see they are moving it back to Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 396February 13, 2019 2:41 PM

Now there will be pressure on the show to have better ratings since it is back on Thursday. Will be curious to see how they look.

by Anonymousreply 397February 13, 2019 2:43 PM

People love making it way more conspiracy theory than the boring truth.

Aja was expressing that everyone just felt Trixie was gonna win that season, not surprising the entire fanbase was saying that when they were casting the queens for that All Star season.

She is just trying to shirk blame for her jury vote which she took a lot of heat over.

The producers are the blame for that stupid jury twist, but the outcome is on them. They could have advanced Shangela, they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 398February 13, 2019 2:49 PM

Yeah you can tell Aja is full of shit. She goes on and on about white is evil and black is beautiful yet she chose Trixie over Shangela...

She’s so desperate to prove her worth to SJWs, she is now attacking Manila accusing her of using white privileged to advance in the competition

by Anonymousreply 399February 13, 2019 2:54 PM

[quote]The ratings for AS4 are way down likely due to the switch to Friday.

That for sure. But also because it is as boring as death.

by Anonymousreply 400February 13, 2019 2:55 PM

I miss RuPaul Lynde, shouting out "You better work!" with that Uncle Arthur laugh attached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401February 13, 2019 3:47 PM

Drag Race UK has signed its judges. Graham Norton and Alan Carr will be the rotating judges a la Ross and Carson.

by Anonymousreply 402February 14, 2019 2:08 PM

I wonder if they asked Paul O'Grady.

by Anonymousreply 403February 14, 2019 2:20 PM

R393: Kennedy had a dreadful experience on S7 mostly because she was disappointed RuPaul NEVER interacted with her off-camera (Pearl from S7 later confirmed RuPaul once told her: “Nothing you say matters unless a camera is rolling.”)

Skip to 41:06 of this podcast / interview to hear Kennedy’s frustrations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404February 14, 2019 2:27 PM

It's strange that some of the Drag Race contestants assume that the host of show will befriend them and are loudly disappointed when that turns out to be a bizarre fantasy.

I've never heard of the contestants on Survivor complaining that Jeff Probst doesn't go to brunch with them after filming ends..

by Anonymousreply 405February 14, 2019 2:30 PM

I’ve never heard Jeff Probst say that “each and every one of the girls that come through my show are my children and I am their mother” either!

by Anonymousreply 406February 14, 2019 2:47 PM

r403 I keep hearing that he quite vocally hates the show so they probably didn't even ask him.

by Anonymousreply 407February 14, 2019 4:21 PM

OOh r402, they will be merciless. BTW, on the last episode of Drag Race Thailand, they had a judge that was a winner of some Thai modeling show (she looked Eurasian), and she was cutting to the bone.

by Anonymousreply 408February 14, 2019 6:17 PM

r408 You really think they'll be merciless? I think they'll want to support their local drag scene and will be gracious throughout, at least in the first season. It's Michelle who'll definitely come out gunning for the queens with her big dick New Jersey energy. I bet it'll be so awkward at first and that's exactly why I can't wait for it to air.

by Anonymousreply 409February 14, 2019 6:59 PM

Graham Norton is actually hilarious, as opposed to Carson and Ross and Moochelle Visage, who thinks her big fake laugh is a trademark anyone would want. Let's hope they don't use the same horrible writers as Drag Race.

Seriously, this has been my experience with hiring gay guys as handymen and such, where you hire them only because they're gay (and often attractive) - they suck, with few exceptions. Based on what I've heard and seen they hire the same way on Drag Race. You can always tell when a gay show's producers let their dicks make hiring decisions.

by Anonymousreply 410February 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Michelle Visage will still be there I hope you realize r410.

Her and Ru are still the two permanent members of the judging panel.

by Anonymousreply 411February 14, 2019 8:29 PM

WHET Merle and Santino?

by Anonymousreply 412February 14, 2019 8:32 PM

I'm curious if Graham will be privately horrified at the rank amateurs he's agreed to assist.

by Anonymousreply 413February 14, 2019 8:59 PM

So we already hate Drag Race UK before the first episode even films?

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 414February 14, 2019 9:01 PM

Very true R413. Are there two duller people than RuPaul and Michelle Visage? They should have hired Paula Abdul, ha.

by Anonymousreply 415February 14, 2019 9:02 PM

Hopefully Graham will subtly shade both of them rather than just kissing their asses.

Michelle doesn't even have the huge tits anymore that made her somewhat interesting.

by Anonymousreply 416February 14, 2019 9:06 PM

r414 I love it more than the current RPDR already and it hasn't even aired! This injection of freshness and a perspective on drag from another culture is exactly what the show needs at this point. I just hope it doesn't end up being a massive disappointment that gets cancelled after one season.

by Anonymousreply 417February 14, 2019 9:07 PM

Yes, r416, that is what I mean by merciless- British wit is so dry, most people won't know what hit them. Also Brits like taking down people who think they're too good for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 418February 14, 2019 9:14 PM

Did anyone see a fairly ppor quality, late night UK TV reality show called Drag Queens of London ? The line up was a shabby group of boozy, messy queens, which seemed fairly representative of the circuit. If that type are allowed on the UK show it would be a mess but fun, I doubt very much that the corporate WOW machine will sanction them and instead we'll get wannabee Aquarias etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419February 15, 2019 9:48 AM

So we're already making straw man arguments about Drag Race UK before the first episode even films?

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 420February 15, 2019 11:07 AM

Have you been here before R420, pointless bitchery is the slogan.

by Anonymousreply 421February 15, 2019 11:27 AM

r420 We're just speculating because that's always fun and it's an exciting new project. I'm sure the show will end up being great.

by Anonymousreply 422February 15, 2019 1:39 PM

I was shading R414.

Gee, I expected Drag Race fans to be swifter.

by Anonymousreply 423February 15, 2019 1:48 PM

So we can't even make fun of someone shading a shader without being insulted in the UK now? I guess DL IS weird.

by Anonymousreply 424February 15, 2019 2:43 PM

OK, so we hate everybody and everything. Got it!

by Anonymousreply 425February 15, 2019 3:38 PM

R404 Yes, I don't get the queens who go on the show thinking they're going to spend a lot of quality time with Ru and become best friends, that's not how it works. Ru is the head judge so it makes sense he's going to remain distant from the queens. Also let's get real here, at this stage in the game Ru is in this for the money and that's about it. His comments to Pearl were bitchy, I agree, but for reasons of ego, I'm sure Ru prefers that these moments of adoration are on camera so they can be edited into the show. By all accounts, Ru is fairly introverted off camera and doesn't socialize not even with Michelle or the other judges.

Regarding Drag Race UK, I'm far more excited about that show than I am about season 11 of regular Drag Race. Graham and Alan are hysterical and it will be interesting to see what the challenges are like.

by Anonymousreply 426February 15, 2019 3:56 PM

[quote]His comments to Pearl were bitchy, I agree, but for reasons of ego, I'm sure Ru prefers that these moments of adoration are on camera so they can be edited into the show.

I disagree that these are egoic reasons; it's just how reality TV is shot. I've heard from people who took part in reality shows and they had exactly the same experience, to the extent of being told to stand in complete silence until the cameras start rolling. I mean, does anything that happens on a reality show even matter if we as consumers don't get to see it? The audience should always come first and Ru as a professional understands that.

[quote]Regarding Drag Race UK, I'm far more excited about that show than I am about season 11 of regular Drag Race.

Same here. They should put a cork in the American version for a while and just let the UK one percolate in our awareness for a bit. Of course that's never going to happen because VH1 needs consistent content, but a short pause would be nice to get people excited again.

by Anonymousreply 427February 15, 2019 4:22 PM

R427 I"m not 100% sure, but isn't the UK version going to air on VH1?

by Anonymousreply 428February 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Trinity is not a true All-Star! She’s a solid female impersonator with an astronomical wardrobe budget.

They should have changed the title of the show from All Stars to The Gauntlet/Battle Royale when they started allowing the contestants to pick the winners.

by Anonymousreply 429February 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Correction - none of the final four should be in the running for All Star!

by Anonymousreply 430February 15, 2019 5:33 PM

I was a little surprised they didn't invite Miss Vanjie to AS4. Yes she was the first eliminated of her season, but her "Misss Vanjieeeeee" became such a catchphrase.

by Anonymousreply 431February 15, 2019 6:37 PM

^ Vanjie is returning for S11, which starts at the end of the month.

by Anonymousreply 432February 15, 2019 6:39 PM

Oh wow, I didn't realize she was invited back for S11. Wouldn't that be something if she's the first to leave again LOL

by Anonymousreply 433February 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure having someone who was the first to sashay away on her season to be in All Stars would be a bad look for the show. A show that is already a mess of bad looks.

by Anonymousreply 434February 15, 2019 6:43 PM

She won't be - she's half the reason people will tune in. Guaranteed to stay on until at least the top 6.

by Anonymousreply 435February 15, 2019 6:55 PM

This is season 3 all over again.

Manila= BenDeLa. Most deserving but leaves in a dumb twist. Trinity= Shangela. Hardest working out of the bunch but gets screwed at the end. Monet= Trixie. Untalented but most likely to win for “reasons.” Naomi= Aja. Like Aja she goes on and on about supporting poc, yet when it comes down to it they screw over the poc most deserving of winning aka Shangela and Manila. Latrice = Milk. Deluded queen of the season.

by Anonymousreply 436February 15, 2019 6:56 PM

Vanjie is a super-cute boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437February 15, 2019 7:03 PM

[Quote] Vanjie is a super-cute boy.

With a HUGE penis.

by Anonymousreply 438February 15, 2019 10:03 PM

I didn't even know about RPDR UK. Damn, how many jobs does Ru have now?

by Anonymousreply 439February 15, 2019 10:13 PM

I assume the World's Best is a flop, ratings-wise?

by Anonymousreply 440February 15, 2019 10:14 PM

actually I can answer my own question:

Meanwhile, The World’s Best fell 1/10th of a point in the demo, earning last place in the timeslot against the other big 3 networks. Ouch.

The masked singer is kicking its butt.

by Anonymousreply 441February 15, 2019 10:15 PM

[quote]With a HUGE penis.

Isn't that Aja? (they look pretty similar)

by Anonymousreply 442February 15, 2019 10:17 PM

In what universe do ugly ass AJA and cutie boy Vanjie look similar?

by Anonymousreply 443February 15, 2019 10:25 PM

Receipts, r438?

by Anonymousreply 444February 15, 2019 10:38 PM

R436 The major difference is that AS3 was actually entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 445February 15, 2019 11:03 PM

Zzzzzzz

I hope S11 is better than AS4

by Anonymousreply 446February 16, 2019 1:30 AM

Boy that was underwhleming.

by Anonymousreply 447February 16, 2019 1:45 AM

I call shenanigans!

by Anonymousreply 448February 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Instagram is canceling RuPaul 😂

by Anonymousreply 449February 16, 2019 2:45 AM

So sick of RuPaul trying to make has-been Todrick Hall happen. E - NOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 450February 16, 2019 2:49 AM

A literal gag finale made me want to puke. Trinity and Monet both had to cancel their schedule tonight to film this reaction to the last minute/cheap edit double win. Trinity doesn't look happy, after she gets over being confused. Can't say I blame her. What a cowardly and cynical show Drag Race is. Manila and Raja should have shared the win in Season 3. Manila should have won All Stars 4. Shangela should have won All Stars 3. And Monet Xchange should never win anything. Gag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451February 16, 2019 3:38 AM

"Well, Trinity did the best but we can't give it to the white girl when she's up against three black girls, and with the three former winners all being white too!!! What to do? Oh, I know! Let's give it to both of them!! Yay!!"

by Anonymousreply 452February 16, 2019 3:45 AM

What. A. Cop-out.

by Anonymousreply 453February 16, 2019 3:49 AM

That video was awful - Kitty Gurl was 100% better. and yeah I think it was a cop out - they wanted to give it to Trinity but could not do another white girl winner.

by Anonymousreply 454February 16, 2019 3:57 AM

Watch a mediocre but very popular white girl win the next one over an actually talented black queen now that they crowned Monét lol.

by Anonymousreply 455February 16, 2019 4:02 AM

I guess Gia was right when she said in an interview with ET Canada that they wouldn't let Trinity win because producers were worried about having another white queen winning.

They should have just let Monet win outright, I actually think Monet performed better than Trinity tonight.

by Anonymousreply 456February 16, 2019 4:07 AM

[Quote]I actually think Monet performed better than Trinity tonight.

She did. Honestly if you count this episode as a challenge, Monet won, and Trinity and Monet would have the same number of wins.

Not saying this wasn't a political decision, but just pointing that out.

by Anonymousreply 457February 16, 2019 4:11 AM

Monét can actually sing, plus she clearly beat Trinity in the LSFYL. On the other hand, Trinity's final runway look was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 458February 16, 2019 4:13 AM

Ugh, R455. It’s because of comments like this that we had a patronizing, participation trophy “win” for Monet tonight.

This isn’t a college admissions program. It’s the Drag Race hall of fame. The winner should be the best queen, not whomever fits some imaginary quota. And the best queen shouldn’t be scared because of her skin color, white or black.

Go bitch about a show that doesn’t have any diversity before attacking ones like these over semantics.

by Anonymousreply 459February 16, 2019 5:52 AM

In an alternate universe, the All Stars should be Raven, Manila, Chad, Alaska, BenDeLaCreme, and Shangela. All strong contenders who could have or should have won their respective seasons (I include Shangela because she has always been a Drag Race standout even if she wasn't the best competitor in both of her regular seasons). I would also include Courtney Act, but she's pretty much divorced from the Drag Race ecosystem.

Monet is charming and likable, but she's not a great drag queen. Her runway looks are mostly terrible and she's always wearing those pussycat wigs that never look good on someone with a big head (for the record, I don't love them on Raven either). Trinity is a workhorse drag queen that is akin to Chad Michaels in that she is technically very strong, but sometimes you can see all of the effort that goes into it, which can come across as mechanical. Of the two, Trinity was the clear winner when factoring their overall performance on Drag Race and All Stars, but I can see how it would be complicated awarding her based on the final lip sync and the fact that it wouldn't have been a good look for the show to have her win on her own.

by Anonymousreply 460February 16, 2019 5:57 AM

The way they patched that ending together was so tacky - they would've been better off just to quit wasting everyone's time and just cut to a black screen with the shitty voiceover and leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 461February 16, 2019 5:59 AM

What happens when producers listen to Reddit...

Here's your fake fucking co-winner of All Stars 4!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462February 16, 2019 6:06 AM

What is up with Trinity's teeth? Looks like she missing the top front chompers. Sorry, but I like my queens full of teeth.

by Anonymousreply 463February 16, 2019 6:49 AM

wowpresents releasing the reaction of Monet and Trinity proves the point that they didn't even shoot them co-winning just badly spliced together the separate footage of each winning. Trinity was completely confused.

So this wasn't planned from the beginning. If they gave it to Trinity they'd be called racist, if they gave it to Monet they'd say she only got it cuz she's black and didn't deserve it.

So they split the difference.

by Anonymousreply 464February 16, 2019 10:08 AM

^ and by they I mean the crazy rpdr fans

by Anonymousreply 465February 16, 2019 10:09 AM

I’m done with Drag Race. This was BS. Not going to watch the upcoming season. That ending was ridiculous. Thank you, next.

by Anonymousreply 466February 16, 2019 11:12 AM

“This isn’t a college admissions program. It’s the Drag Race hall of fame.“

I hate to break it to you, but that’s pretty meaningless. What is “the Drag Race hall of fame”? It’s people who are cast on a reality show and selected by producers as their favorite. It’s subjective and arbitrary, no more meaningful than “America’s Next Top Model”—of which there are 25 or 30 among whom hardly anyone remembers. The point of crowning a winner is just to wrap the season and get a contract for a few more seasons. It’s about money for the producers and the cast, not about identifying talent.

The value of this and every other television series, reality and otherwise, is watchability. Drag Race has failed in that regard. Early seasons had smaller budgets and far greater entertainment value. The series has outlived its novelty just as ANTM did, and people are taking a trifle way too seriously. ANTM never generated a winning supermodel, and Drag Race is not an Olympics championship; it’s a cash cow for RuPaul and now for VH1, which continues to degrade its quality in an effort to focus test better.

by Anonymousreply 467February 16, 2019 11:24 AM

pretty much the edit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 16, 2019 12:41 PM

The crown came with an asterisk after the Manila debacle, and now this. It's basically meaningless. Just stop with the All Stars for at least two years.

Anyone else thought Chad Michaels looked kinda awful? What the hell was that thing he was wearing?

by Anonymousreply 469February 16, 2019 12:56 PM

R469 Yeah, Chad’s facial modifications have crossed the line into “concerning” territory. I like him a lot as a performer and hope he doesn’t take the disfigurement too far. I also looked up Trinity Taylor last night and was shocked to see on Instagram that he is only 34. With the facial procedures, I assumed he was somewhere between 48 and 52 because he looks a lot like a woman I know who is in her 50s and fighting the Earth’s orbit with paralyzing syringes. Am I the only one who feels like these performers would probably be just as good without the disfigurement?

by Anonymousreply 470February 16, 2019 1:17 PM

I'm neutral on any face and body procedures except for the lips. Those lip injections Naomi and Farrah have make me cringe so bad. It just makes them look fucked up out of drag. Was pretty disappointed in Needles back when she had them done. I mean, do they *really* add that much to their drag act when you think about it? If you're not getting booked (enough), it's probably not because your lips are too small, is it?

by Anonymousreply 471February 16, 2019 1:58 PM

I never knew they film ALL finalists winning, then chose the actual winner afterwards! The following is some from what I copied from the linked twitter page:

I’m confused if they are watching themselves be told on screen that they both won & it’s a tie. Why are they surprised??? How is this tapped? Can someone nicely explain?

Rupaul saying it was a tie was recorded when the queens weren’t on stage. They filmed each one winning but edited it to make it look like they were winning at the same time.

And they always film every finalist winning. Since season 4. Nobody knows who wins until it airs, except ru and select producers.

That honestly sucks! Haha so they all go home thinking they “won” and wait to see whose scene got picked? Haha wow

Exactly. It was ruined when Raja’s crowning leaked early. And the fans post so many spoilers that they do these twist and turns. Which is why two queens won as well

editing. lame and cheap editing.

every season they film both finalists winning and having a “reaction”, this to avoid gays spread spoilers as they love to. then at the end of the season they air only one of the two posible cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 16, 2019 2:35 PM

Bianca, Alaska, Adore and Raven among others have had their lips done at various times too. Bianca looked especially bad out of drag with the lip fillers, but so far Naomi looks the most deformed and like a very unflattering collectable. It's called female illusion for a reason. Manila and Ben DelaCreme both have thin boy lips, they just paint them on. Different shapes and sizes and colors depending on the look. Very effectively. Sharon had more than her lips done, it was disappointing. He ruined his unique vibe.

Others like Trinity and Detox have silicone injected in their lips and ass and are in for a world of trouble. No only does that shit not absorb away, it migrates, (That's why Cher has two bottom lips.) They've both already been on Botched. I'm not a fan of not looking like a dude out of drag....or an alien. Trinity has been to pumping parties and other similarly stupid things. When fat transfers are used, even in the body like Roxxxy Andrews does, it can be very effective. But I don't think that he is using silicone.

RuPaul had an obvious lip implant in the last couple of seasons. It swells up and disfigures his mouth and speech sometimes. His jawline has obviously been shaved down since earlier seasons as well. He looked terrible last night if you looked closely behind the makeup.

I like Trinity. She's a tough bitch who played a fair game. At times he looks incredible and he's quick witted and bitchy without being hateful. I don't see her as a shining All Star, but neither is Trixie. Monet is plain delusional though she got herself a nice dress - the blonde locs were stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473February 16, 2019 2:38 PM

I think Trinity Taylor (I refuse to use the dumb alternative name!) is leaps and bounds beyond Trix as a performer, but Manila deserved this season and Ben deserved last season. I was a little disappointed that he quit season three, but now I understand why he did it. The move to VH1 has done it in.

by Anonymousreply 474February 16, 2019 2:43 PM

"[italic]RuPaul's Drag Race[/italic] has fucked up drag."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475February 16, 2019 2:47 PM

The worse the series gets, the more Emmys it wins!

by Anonymousreply 476February 16, 2019 2:50 PM

[Quote]I never knew they film ALL finalists winning, then chose the actual winner afterwards!

That's been well known for a while.

by Anonymousreply 477February 16, 2019 2:51 PM

You don't deserve it if you quit. (The real reasons Bendela quit when she did were very strategic and self serving) Shangela deserved to win All Stars 3. If you're in doubt, watch her incredible one take live performance on the Kitty Girl mix. She's a pro and a star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 16, 2019 2:53 PM

R478 Shangela is talented (and privileged given her relationship with “the mother of black Hollywood”), but Ben unquestionably dominated his season and was unmatched talentwise. He was better than Shangela, and it’s clear now that there is no behind the scenes integrity on this series.

by Anonymousreply 479February 16, 2019 2:57 PM

All Stars HAS to be retired for a few years. They need to rethink the challenges, DO some actual challenges (most episodes main stage was the challenge). The also need to invest in better Lip Sync For Your Legacy songs. Was Valentina's the only standout lip sync? Naomi was great in hers, but not a current or popular song. When Latrice isn't lip syncing to Gladys or Aretha, what does she have to offer. Other than pronouncing herself Beloved. Of the last two queens, Trinity won the season, but Monet won the episode. Ru could have given to either, and the fans would have the same amount of ire. Ru doesn't want to be the one making decisions that the fans will hate, so everyone gets the participation trophy.

by Anonymousreply 480February 16, 2019 3:25 PM

I find it so funny in retrospect that Monet bitched so hard about season seven at the start of, hands down, the worst season of Drag Race to date.

Here’s something season seven had that AS4 doesn’t: a winner people can justify.

by Anonymousreply 481February 16, 2019 3:34 PM

The leaked T for a while now was that Monet was scripted to win. The producers probably assumed it would be uncontroversial because of all the straight teens girls with White Savior complexes being so over the top with their praises of her on Reddit. But when the social media returns showed that the majority of fans outside of die hards wanted Trinity to win and Monet was in dead last place, they sloppily decided to make it a tie at the eleventh hour.

by Anonymousreply 482February 16, 2019 3:37 PM

Shangela was in a prestige film, nominated for 8 Oscars, I think she's the real All Star.

Manila should have won.

by Anonymousreply 483February 16, 2019 3:50 PM

Yes, Shangela is the reason why A Star Is Born is a smash hit. No other drag queen could have convincingly delivered those three lines.

by Anonymousreply 484February 16, 2019 3:54 PM

Honestly, I think Monique should have won after hearing her story. Monet is just too impressed with herself.

by Anonymousreply 485February 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Trinity should have won out of that Top 4, but I wouldn’t have been upset if Monét had won, and I’m not upset at the double win.

Also, am I the only one who wants to fuck Monét? He is a really good-looking man out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 486February 16, 2019 4:31 PM

Yes, the tie decision was made very late. I'm still laughing at the poster who just learned that they film multiple winners. They've never planned for a tie because it's just stupid. Then Katya should have been crowned with Alaska, Eureka with Aquaria, Shea with Sasha and Manila with Raja way back in season 3. Reality shows don't do ties. What a cop out shit show. Katya beat Alaska in the All Stars 2 finale, but there can only be one winner baby.

Shangela just completed a 184 city solo world tour. With her own dancers and production. He has real talent as an actor, singer, dancer and annoying comedian. Shangela has more legitimate gigs than any of them including hosting the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, Glee, ASIB, Two Broke Girls, Eurovision. Not always in drag. Don't say he's not a success or a star. He's pretty thirsty for it, but the bitch earned it. As a singer and dancer, he brings the show. He literally broke a leg on stage. Respect.

Of course Manila is the real winner of All Stars 4 because the children got to know her and LOVE her this season and those of us who already did appreciate her more. Most returning early season queens don't get this big attention. Tatiana is still at home in Chicago ordering pizza and flirting with boys on Twitter. Latrice lost some fans this season. Ms. Manila is one of the all time greats, undeniably beautiful and madly creative. She was already a big star and she's poppin again now. Even Alaska was low key tired and lazy in her finale appearance. Manila Luzon is not rich like Alaska, Adore, Trixie and Bianca, but she's never lazy. That queen has an incredible eye, wonderful skill and beautiful presentation. A visual wit, she's a bit of an event. Confident, gorgeous and coy and a bit of a cunt. Zany and campy as fuck too. High fashion and lowbrow humor. That's an All Star.

by Anonymousreply 487February 16, 2019 4:34 PM

Are Raven and Delta still doing Ru’s makeup? It looks leaps and bounds better than it did when they started doing it. It looked like a 2-year old was doing her makeup at first.

by Anonymousreply 488February 16, 2019 4:36 PM

I don’t really get the obsession with Katya. She’s funny and likeable, but there’s no way in hell she deserved the win over Alaska.

by Anonymousreply 489February 16, 2019 4:38 PM

Does Monique have some kind of condition that makes her eyes bug out like that? She always looks like she’s about to boil somebody’s pet rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 490February 16, 2019 4:41 PM

I'm sure this has already been said (didn't have time to read all of the comments above), but the result of AS4 was predictable and political. Ru knew she would be heavily criticized for not having a POC queen in the hall of fame, so Monet was given the co-win, even though Trinity was the clear winner. If they need a POC queen to win, get some of the better ones on! They have had so many POC Queens who have been far better than Money over the years (even though I think Monet is great)! It's a talent competition, not a competition to please the millennial SJWs!

by Anonymousreply 491February 16, 2019 4:45 PM

I think they expected Latrice to win it. I think that is why when she came back, they saved both in her one on one challenge. She disappointed them, and they had to go with their second choice. Then, their second choice, Manilla, got voted off. Latrice is a (drag) household name. The rest, not so much. If Ru Paul had been in charge of voting, Latrice or Manilla clearly would have won wether they deserved it or not.

by Anonymousreply 492February 16, 2019 4:50 PM

r491 I mean, having four white faces on that wall would objectively look bad in this climate, let's be real. Has nothing to do with being "SJW". This could all have been easily avoided if only Manila had won. She's half PoC and that win would have placated everyone. Damn Naomi. I'd even prefer Latrice winning over this shared custody situation.

I wish Kim Chi hadn't backed out at the last moment. Imagine how great that win would have been!

by Anonymousreply 493February 16, 2019 4:50 PM

Sorry if it's been discussed, but does Monique have vitiligo, and is the cow stuff a reference to it?

by Anonymousreply 494February 16, 2019 4:52 PM

Does vitiligo also cause buggy eyes? Didn’t she wear a hideous cow dress on season 10? I thought that was where the cow references came from.

by Anonymousreply 495February 16, 2019 4:58 PM

Latrice has a great personality (hence her Miss Congeniality win), but some performers don’t do all that well in the Drag Race format, and she’s one of them. It’s not necessarily a reflection on their talents as drag performers.

by Anonymousreply 496February 16, 2019 5:01 PM

r494 Yes, she has it and has decided some time ago she would stop covering it while in drag. The cow stuff is a reference from season 10 that turned into an (obnoxious) branding effort, like r495 said. Although I'm sure she's aware of the lucky coincidental parallels with her vitiligo.

by Anonymousreply 497February 16, 2019 5:02 PM

Thanks, r497.

by Anonymousreply 498February 16, 2019 5:03 PM

I’ve only noticed the vitiligo when she’s not in drag. Maybe all my attention is focused on her buggy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 499February 16, 2019 5:03 PM

r496 True. She needs a highly controlled environment of a normal drag show to be at her best. And I bet being constantly stoned isn't of much help in these competitions, as her and Jasmine clearly demonstrated this season.

by Anonymousreply 500February 16, 2019 5:04 PM

Latrice showed very little personality in drag or out of it this AS season. Complete dud who just thought she deserved it without showing us why. Monét is low energy and not dazzling to watch. Her fashion sense is zero. A sparkly leotard for your final LSFYL???!! And then she just stood there for half the song. And to those who say she can sing, she literally spokesang her way through some past song challenges. Not an ounce of Bob’s wit, either. Monique would have been a better choice except for that bat-dress.

by Anonymousreply 501February 16, 2019 5:06 PM

Kennedy is another who isn’t all that well-suited to the RPDR format, although she’s better at it than Latrice (and a few others). But I’ve seen her in person and she’s really fantastic when she’s doing her thing.

by Anonymousreply 502February 16, 2019 5:11 PM

[quote]Not an ounce of Bob’s wit, either.

r501 It still makes me chuckle every time I think about Trannika Rex saying at Roscoe's that we should brace ourselves for Monet as she is like Bob on steroids. I mean, it's not only an exaggeration, it's the exact opposite of what we got!

by Anonymousreply 503February 16, 2019 5:30 PM

R502 I disagree. Kennedy’s Little Richard was inspired. Her bitchelor performance was good albeit predictable. LSFYL always solid. Her problem is that she’s not "smart" in the way that white audience like their smart (big vocabulary, puns etc.)

by Anonymousreply 504February 16, 2019 6:32 PM

r487, don't forget that Miss Fame and Violet are very successful as well- Miss Fame with makeup education (I believe you can make $10,000+ per class), modeling, and a small makeup line (which I'm sure she'll expand), and Violet touring around with world, occasionally with Dita Von Teese.

by Anonymousreply 505February 16, 2019 10:45 PM

Well my mom and I were completely shocked at the ending. Yes I avoided spoilers.

I wanted Trinity to win but understand that the criticism of that result would bring, it was the best they could do.

I’m okay with it. I liked Monet and her big fake green glasses. They were fake, weren’t they?? 😛

by Anonymousreply 506February 16, 2019 11:57 PM

A Tie!! ....Bullshit!!.....WTF-----Maybe it's time for Alaskas Drag Race----you know that bitch isn't calling a tie...I don't know if I can watch another season of RuPaul not making up her fucking mind!...No joke.

by Anonymousreply 507February 17, 2019 12:22 AM

I Call Shade! Trinity's new video is a mean girls inspired tale for drag queens. A non song as most of them are but it's a fun video for the kids. With Peppermint, Blair (the real girl) St. Clair, Phi Phi O'Hara and Thorgy. It's on brand, not a glam fest. Dirty fun. Some jumping boy junk in there too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508February 17, 2019 2:05 AM

I loved Monet's pussy cat wig under a pussy cat wig. I laughed until the lip synch was over.

by Anonymousreply 509February 17, 2019 8:16 AM

Latrice seemed to coast through demanding the only reason they not send her home was, she was Latrice.

by Anonymousreply 510February 17, 2019 2:50 PM

I am BELOVED, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 511February 17, 2019 2:56 PM

It could have been avoided if Shangela (or anyone else) won last season. Ben’s choice to bail out raised hackles and raised awareness that something behind the scenes is awry. Trixie’s win made absolutely no sense based on her performance throughout season three. And then the poorly orchestrated attempt at audience manipulation by having the whole cast and all the judges repeat throughout the season that Latrice is “America’s favorite” (the show’s winner is called “America’s favorite drag queen,” for fuck’s sake!) was the smoking gun that made RuPaul’s choice to bring her back for no good reason glaringly obvious. After all these years, they needed a nonwhite allstar and a “big girl” winner because the series has failed utterly to uphold its promise to reward talent. Shangela has been given too many opportunities on the show to think she has been given fair treatment, but to award Trixie over Shangela was really a head scratcher. This season for me is the Fonz jumping over the shark. There is no denying any longer that the whole ordeal is scripted, and poorly so.

by Anonymousreply 512February 17, 2019 2:58 PM

Why did Ben leave again? Something with contracts?

by Anonymousreply 513February 17, 2019 8:40 PM

Monique had a GREAT tragic deplorable backstory. I want to stuck the huge pendulous young cock of Naomi. He has a lovely lanky body. They should have given the titles to the 2 who won, but the CASH to the two losers, who could probably use it.

by Anonymousreply 514February 17, 2019 10:45 PM

I notice the winners both got $100,000 whereas the tied lip-syncers had to share the $10,000, I guess they didn't want any further accusations of skulduggery after the messy finale.

by Anonymousreply 515February 17, 2019 10:56 PM

Naomi's drag certainly doesn't look like it was done on the cheap. Does she get good bookings? Or is she a great seamstress? She and Trinity had by far some of the best looks ever on this show.

by Anonymousreply 516February 17, 2019 11:28 PM

Naomi came up with Laganja and Adore and would routinely beat them both in competitions.

by Anonymousreply 517February 17, 2019 11:38 PM

I don't know, r516, but here is the clothing designer for Naomi, plus some other queens:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518February 17, 2019 11:39 PM

Some of these bitches are making too much money. What's the point of wearing head to toe Gucci, fierce drag jewels, red bottoms and virgin hair wigs from authenticated virgins if you still gonna look like Monet X Change?

This is my favorite tweet regarding the final four. Short & true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519February 18, 2019 1:39 AM

yummy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520February 18, 2019 2:14 AM

good god, one doesn't need to be a psychic to know that's right, R520!

by Anonymousreply 521February 18, 2019 2:18 AM

This is the only show that fans love so much that they are BEGGING for it to GO AWAY for a couple years!? How weird!

by Anonymousreply 522February 18, 2019 3:10 AM

Naomi's lips are booked at a club downtown, and the rest of her is performing uptown!

by Anonymousreply 523February 18, 2019 3:43 PM

Naomi’s big real dick + big fake lips = raw materials for nightmares

by Anonymousreply 524February 18, 2019 3:45 PM

Lots of guys have big dick. Can you imagine how mind numbing it would be having to make conversation with her before and after with that phony, flat dumb affectation of hers? Listening to her prattle on about Paris runways and how her dream is to be skeleton who stands and wears others creativity would be such a boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 525February 18, 2019 4:22 PM

God just staring at her freak lips every time they showed her on Drag Race was uncomfortable enough!

by Anonymousreply 526February 18, 2019 4:30 PM

There’s some controversy on the Reddit about Monique’s revelation about how she was a gay conversion therapist. A lot of people noted how fucked up that is and that she revealed little remorse or guilt for having psychologically fucked up the kids in her care, but of course the most politically shrill SJWs on there are abandoning their positions to rush to her defense because they like her tacky ass drag.

It’s a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 527February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Religion is poison R527 the most twisted thing is Monique is still all 'Praise Jesus ' so her fucked-up-ness continues, conversion therapist or not.

by Anonymousreply 528February 18, 2019 6:19 PM

Yeah, and it grosses me out how the show paints it to be this cute, charming thing when all of the stories she tells points to a cult-like horror show.

by Anonymousreply 529February 18, 2019 6:22 PM

I do PR for older brands that DR used back when the show first started. I've met many of the older queens from the show and local gigs. I can't believe how huge drag has become. It's amazing to see! At times it is shocking. AS4 was fine. I do agree with many saying AS needs to take a long break.

by Anonymousreply 530February 18, 2019 6:45 PM

Drag brunches have been popular at gay bars around DC for years—but about a month ago I saw a huge 7’ tall poster of a plump drag queen in the window of a downtown (business district) restaurant and was floored how popular and mainstream drag is now. I am the token gay in my office and about half the women I work with love drag race.

by Anonymousreply 531February 18, 2019 6:48 PM

R530, are you Jeffrey Moran from Absolute Vodka? You’re everyones favorite guest judge!

by Anonymousreply 532February 18, 2019 7:34 PM

Naomi has unfollowed Manila on Twitter for being "unprofessional" even though Manila specifically asked her fans not to send Naomi hate.

[quote][bold]Billboard: Are you and Manila still friends? I know fans pointed out that you unfollowed her.[/bold]

[quote]I don't know if we were necessarily ever friends. I thought we had a very good working relationship, but I think some of her tweets have been very unprofessional and I didn't necessarily want that on my timeline anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533February 18, 2019 8:12 PM

And after her fan worship of Manila on the show.

by Anonymousreply 534February 18, 2019 8:14 PM

[Quote] are you Jeffrey Moran from Absolute Vodka? You’re everyones favorite guest judge!

No. Just a worker bee.

by Anonymousreply 535February 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Her thick skin matches her lips...

by Anonymousreply 536February 18, 2019 9:07 PM

Sorry, I'm trying to catch up here. They film different endings with the different Drag Queens winning. But how do we know the tie is not legit? People are either saying M was supposed to win, but then they felt bad for T. And vice versa. What if it was always planned to be a tie?

by Anonymousreply 537February 18, 2019 9:10 PM

R537 It almost had to have been planned from the beginning. The prize is $100,000 in cash. They doubled that prize. Chances of the show having done that on a whim without having preplanned it in preproduction are slim.

by Anonymousreply 538February 18, 2019 9:13 PM

Did you guys watch the episode? It was obviously not planned, thats not gossip, anyone can see they didn't even bother to film a tie, so they had to cut it together post.

They have filmed ties with many other seasons just in case they wanted to have it be a tie, but they didn't plan on a tie happening this year.

by Anonymousreply 539February 18, 2019 9:16 PM

R539, didn't they film it this way to avoid any spoilers getting out?

by Anonymousreply 540February 18, 2019 9:17 PM

Trinity cracked me up the previous week when she summed up Naomi's acting skills on SaTC as a bit "Club 69...." So vicious.

by Anonymousreply 541February 18, 2019 9:22 PM

Huh r540? I'm not sure what you are trying to say.

Yes, of course they film multiple endings so it can't be spoiled who won. Not filming a tie doesn't help them avoid spoilers, everyone would think that is standard procedure as ties have been filmed for many other seasons. That is why it is so sloppy that there wasnt one to use this time. They didn't think they needed it, which bit them in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 542February 18, 2019 9:25 PM

Wow. Everyone knows it was a last minute and poorly pasted together decision. The scheduled viewing party of the finale at Roscoe's was to be attended by the top four queens. Last minute, Trinity and Monet were flown to L.A. for the "live reaction" reveal in front of an audience of VH1 executives. They didn't want the bar crowd rioting or screaming out things that would embarrass the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543February 18, 2019 10:02 PM

I'd never seen all of the queens reactions before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544February 19, 2019 1:16 AM

Ugh. Manila was so fucking beautiful, gorgeous, stunning. I can't stand to watch her lose to that dude Raja. Once was enough.

by Anonymousreply 545February 19, 2019 2:23 AM

Lol, which (talented) queens refused of turned down AS4? I know Shea and Kim were mentioned here. I bet they are kicking themselves. They would have handily won this season.... and 100,000k easily.

by Anonymousreply 546February 19, 2019 3:01 AM

If Shea was the front runner, she would have been eliminated rather than Manila.

by Anonymousreply 547February 19, 2019 3:04 AM

Sorry off topic but here's Courtney Act Dancing with the Stars Australia. Fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548February 19, 2019 5:31 AM

R548 At least she isn't singing

by Anonymousreply 549February 19, 2019 7:52 AM

Rupaul looked awful on the finale. he was kinda sedated looking at the start in the workroom and then her mouth/top lip area looked frozen at the runway/judging

not even frozen.... it looked badly made up or blended? there was something odd going on in the area between her top lip & nose

by Anonymousreply 550February 19, 2019 9:53 AM

r533 And after Manila spent her every waking second post her elimination to defend her and sing praises to her, not to mention include her in her music video. What a brat. I bet this is the start of a downward spiral for her.

Also, "unprofessional"? She's the one to talk, after eliminating the strongest contestant to increase her chances of winning. And what does that word even mean in the context of drag, anyway? Seems so subjective and also a nasty thing to say about anyone, but especially about your (former) idol.

by Anonymousreply 551February 19, 2019 12:16 PM

R547, I doubt it. She’s is black so they would’ve been fair and eliminated Latrice over here.

The queens of color keep knocking on Manila for white privilege. Black SJWs don’t count Asians as poc. They resent them for having white privilege.

Naomi is untalented and needs to rely on money to show her talent. Without expensive fashions, she’s worthless.

Monét is also deluded and untalented. I wish they had just crowned Monique. She had some weak spots but was actually likeable and talented (her weak spot is being poor and not affording expensive costumes).

Anyway..

AS3: Shangela and BenDeLa were only worthy winners.

AS4: Manila and Trinity are the only worthy winners.

by Anonymousreply 552February 19, 2019 3:12 PM

It's hugely important for gay visibility that "Courtney" is a contestant on DWTS so wow, good for her!

Oh, and she got the best scores of the night in the premiere episode. But I'm sure that Datalounge will hate her anyway...because she's successful? I get confused as to why Datalounge hates gays....

by Anonymousreply 553February 19, 2019 3:20 PM

Spon on R552

by Anonymousreply 554February 19, 2019 3:45 PM

Listen, I would have been happy if Kennedy Davenport won over Trixie!

by Anonymousreply 555February 19, 2019 3:50 PM

Isn't Manila half white? Or am I making that up? Asians don't benefit from white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 556February 19, 2019 3:54 PM

Half-Filipino and half-German, so yes.

by Anonymousreply 557February 19, 2019 3:56 PM

Manila was my favorite followed by Monet. I don't see anything special about Trinity. Latrice, like Trinity, is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 558February 19, 2019 4:02 PM

R553 the "everyone who doesn't like the people I like must hate gays" troll

by Anonymousreply 559February 19, 2019 4:11 PM

r553 Too bad she didn't land the Eurovision gig. She needs to get even bigger, get a better song, and try again in a few years, so she can win the whole damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 560February 19, 2019 6:25 PM

R553 Courtney has a shiity voice, and whenever she talks now all she does is rave on about gender liquids and trannys, which has exactly zero to do with homosexuals. So I'll pass on liking her dull ass

by Anonymousreply 561February 19, 2019 6:37 PM

AS 5 should include:

Shea Ivy Jessica Kim Chi Eureka Adore Peppermint Darienne

And two runner-up queens from Season 11.

I wish I could include Willam, Courtney, and Pearl as well, but...

by Anonymousreply 562February 19, 2019 7:32 PM

I wrote each name in a line, but I guess it didn’t work out. Lest there be a confusion:

Shea, Ivy, Jessica, Kim Chi, Eureka, Adore, Peppermint, Darienne

by Anonymousreply 563February 19, 2019 7:39 PM

R550 = OMG I thought I was the only person who noticed something was odd about RuPauls upper lip!!...

by Anonymousreply 564February 19, 2019 7:50 PM

R544 Alaska is the only one who does not congratulate the winner. She wanted that title so BAD. Poor Jinkx could not even celebrate out of her fear of upsetting Alaska hahahah.

by Anonymousreply 565February 19, 2019 7:58 PM

Do you not remember Alaskas meltdown in AS2 r565? That brattiness is part of her personality.

by Anonymousreply 566February 19, 2019 8:04 PM

I want Thorgy Thor on every other All Stars. Will probably always get eliminated quite early but damn it would be worth it for those epic confessionals alone.

by Anonymousreply 567February 19, 2019 8:07 PM

I also love Thorgy. Fun.

by Anonymousreply 568February 19, 2019 8:13 PM

I wish they released the first 15 minutes of the new season already. That would give us two weeks to analyse the queens' entrances and their interactions, while also taking away the attention from the All Stars fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 569February 19, 2019 8:46 PM

Of course I do, R566 but this is too much even in her standards hahahah

by Anonymousreply 570February 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Jinkx tells some funny stories about just how pissed and PISSED Alaska was about not winning season 5. Her tantrum was not short or quiet or soon over. Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 571February 19, 2019 9:07 PM

Courtney Act seemed like an arrogant, smug jerk when she was on Drag Race. I want to like her, but I really did not like her at all. She’s like a bratty kid who grew up and remained a self-satisfied showoff.

It also doesn’t help her that I always confuse her in my mind with the Britney Spears impersonator, who was a real asshole.

by Anonymousreply 572February 20, 2019 12:18 AM

I didn't notice it when she was on Drag Race but I disliked her SJW Twitter posts and other bullshit since then that made me dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 573February 20, 2019 12:32 AM

r572 That's exactly why I loved her on the show. She exuded that "I know I'm too good for this shit" every step of the way and it annoyed Ru to no end.

I will never understand why Derrick Barry's real name is also his drag name but the less is said of him, the better.

r573 She did a world of good for our representation on Celebrity Big Brother UK, I'll give her that.

by Anonymousreply 574February 20, 2019 12:34 AM

They need to choose a mix of older queens that don’t have the built in fanbase and can still perform. Put them against some of the newer cast members, and that could be a good mix. I’d choose: Rebecca Glasscock, Ongina, Jujubee. Alexis Mateo, Ivy Winters, Darienne Lake, Laganja Estranja, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Kim Chi, Peppermint, Shea Couleé, Blair St. Clair, or Mayhem Miller

by Anonymousreply 575February 20, 2019 12:40 AM

There should be an over 50 season of Drag Race.

Oh Chad Michaels was Angelyne-adjacent in the season finale. Was he wearing support hose?

by Anonymousreply 576February 20, 2019 12:47 AM

I love Courtney Act's dance partner Josh in that video. Long torso short legs and fat ass! He's very cute.

by Anonymousreply 577February 20, 2019 12:59 AM

I wonder what kind of money we’re talking when it comes to Bianca and and Courtney. Are we talking millions? Even some of the further back queens are still constantly touring it seems. They all must be raking it in.

Also, why do they all go to England to tour? Isn’t there enough demand in the states? Who knew England was such a hotbed of demand for drag.

by Anonymousreply 578February 20, 2019 3:01 AM

Fuck Ivy Winters, if I have to hear Ru saying her name in that obnoxious voice one more time I'm going to puke. Still traumatized by that.

by Anonymousreply 579February 20, 2019 1:25 PM

Yes they are raking it in. My friend is a wealth manager at UBS and he has more than a handful of Drag Race alumni as clients. He's become a specialist.

by Anonymousreply 580February 20, 2019 1:30 PM

FUck those face-slapping Ho's

by Anonymousreply 581February 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Miss Tiffany Pollard is going to be a guest judge on S11!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582February 20, 2019 2:56 PM

[quote]Also, why do they all go to England to tour? Isn’t there enough demand in the states? Who knew England was such a hotbed of demand for drag.

You sound like someone who has never owned a passport to be honest. They go all over the world (not just to the UK btw) because they have fans who want to see them all over the world. Why on earth would they restrict their tours to just America?

by Anonymousreply 583February 20, 2019 3:12 PM

The rumored T for weeks was that they were playing a Monet win. I think this is the first time the social media results actually played a hand in the crowning. The producers had been listening to all the caterwaling about the all white Hall of Fane and saw just how insanely popular Monet was with the die hards on Reddit.

But when they asked the general audience who they’d like to see, they were probably shocked to see Trinity more than double the votes of her competitors and Monet, who was being outrageously stanned by the Reddit hivemind, come in last place.

They to do some last minute brainstorming and this stupid tie was the best they could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 584February 20, 2019 5:00 PM

They need to just nuke Reddit and Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 585February 20, 2019 5:44 PM

R584 sounds slow.

Social media has been influencing results since season 4.

Chad Michaels was supposed to win that season but social media went crazy for Sharon Needles.

All Stars only occurred so Ru could finally crown Chad.

Season 7 only exists because of social media too. That’s when being pretty and young and white started mattering more than talent. That’s when racists started trashing the black queens non stop.

by Anonymousreply 586February 20, 2019 6:08 PM

R586,

😴

Please keep that “racist” bull shit for the political discussions. We come to the fun threads to get away from that crap.

TIA, 💅 👸

by Anonymousreply 587February 20, 2019 6:20 PM

My point was that it seemed they toured in England MORE than the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 588February 20, 2019 6:29 PM

At least we don't have The Vixen to scream "oppression" and "racism" every five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 589February 20, 2019 6:47 PM

R587 must be racist if she’s so offended.

The teen white girl viewers are racist though.

And no, I was not rooting for Monét or Naomi.

by Anonymousreply 590February 20, 2019 6:51 PM

They started paying more attention to social media during the Violet Chachki season. She is one of the most undeserving winners, IMHO. Just a pretty look which is easy to pull off when you are 22 and don't eat anything.

by Anonymousreply 591February 20, 2019 6:54 PM

Not to be contrary, but I fucking love Violet. As Katya says, she's a straight up cunt and a lot of fun. I don't much like Katya or see her talent, but I dig V. Violet and Miss Fame are not traditional club drag queens and I get that, though Violet has done several of the Drag Race tours. She does real burlesque with Dita Von Teese and she is very much a fashion muse. I think where Violet confuses is that some think she isn't pretty and she's not. But he's fluid and contradictory, sexy and provoking. And sometimes STUNNING. She's not beautiful like Manila or biological looking like Courtney, but they love Violet in Paris and Asia and in the magazines. He may not be warm, but he's open and honest. A bit of a brat. One of the most original drag race winners and the one who doesn't pander. Should Ginger have won season 7? Probably based on performance, but she really was mean. Violet legitimately did great not only on the Runway but came on strong in the conjoined twin challenge (should have won, but they wanted Trixie back not Max) and especially the half man half woman tango with Katya. They are both pretentious weirdos most of the time, but super fun together. If you haven't seen Violet's scathing toots and boots of Taylor Swift, enjoy. I don't think she's just a look queen. She just isn't interested in being a "role" model for the kids, a hokie club host or an ass kisser to RuPaul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592February 20, 2019 9:49 PM

I thought Ginger Minge should have won until the finale when Violet did the strip lipsync, which blew me away. Since they made a point of saying whoever won the lipsync won the crown, I felt Violet deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 593February 20, 2019 9:56 PM

I adore Miss Fame. In the leadup to S7 I thought she was going to be a stuck-up big-city cunt, but she turned out to be a lovable goofball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594February 20, 2019 10:02 PM

Is there a new thread for continued general discussion?

by Anonymousreply 595February 20, 2019 11:46 PM

I feel like Ginger was very generic. All her jokes and gimmicks were really dated and cliche. She didn’t bring anything new to the table. Although Violet didn’t have much of a personality, she had a fresh perspective regarding fashion which gave her the edge. Even Pearl would admit she was in the Top Three because people liked to look at her as a boy, so she didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.

by Anonymousreply 596February 21, 2019 6:05 AM

r595 We need an official Season 11 thread to discuss this video. The premiere is one week away anyway so there's no need for a general thread as we can talk generally in that thread as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597February 21, 2019 9:32 PM

This thread has already been started

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598February 21, 2019 11:28 PM

Let's say goodbye...

by Anonymousreply 599February 24, 2019 6:32 PM

To this incredibly dull season.

by Anonymousreply 600February 24, 2019 6:32 PM

Sorry you had to share the dubious glory, Trinity

by Anonymousreply 601February 24, 2019 6:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!