Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Shutdown is Perfectly Treasonable (The Mueller Investigation Part 73)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603January 11, 2019 4:07 AM

Previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 7, 2019 4:25 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

by Anonymousreply 2January 7, 2019 4:26 AM

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55) (10/06/18)

Treasons for Hidden Genius (The Mueller Investigation Part 56) (10/15/18)

Trick or Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 57) (10/25/18)

Several Treasons to Get Out and Vote in the Midterms (The Mueller Investigation Part 58) (11/5/18)

Heading Back to the Magical Keebler Elf Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 59) (11/11/18)

It's Turkey Picking Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 60) (November 18, 2018)

Stepping into the Holiday Treason! (The Mueller Investigation Part 61) (November 26, 2018)

Treason's Greetings! (The Mueller Investigation Part 62) (November 29, 2018)

Spirit of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 63) (December 3, 2018)

'Tis the Treason to be Jolly (The Mueller Investigation Part 64) (December 5, 2018)

Celebrate this Holiday Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 65) (December 8, 2018)

Treasons to Get out of Solitary (The Mueller Investigation Part 66) (December 10, 2018)

Numerous Treasons For Silence (The Mueller Investigation Part 67) December 12, 2018)

Treasons We Celebrate This Season (The Mueller Investigation Part 68) (December 15, 2018)

Trimming the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 69) (December 19, 2018)

O Christmas Treason, O Christmas Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 70) (December 22, 2018)

Treasons We'll Be Ringing in the New Year (The Mueller Investigation Part 71) (December 27, 2018)

Treasons I'm Coming For You (The Mueller Investigation Part 72) (January 3, 2019)

A Shutdown is Perfectly Treasonable (The Mueller Investigation Part 73) (January 6, 2019)

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2019 4:26 AM

I hope this thread goes fast, I can't stand the sight of trump.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2019 4:39 AM

Oh no not another with his ugly face on it. I’m going to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2019 4:54 AM

Looking at your history, R5 - you won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2019 4:59 AM

So many trolls out already... must be something happening this week!

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2019 5:00 AM

What excuse shall we get for another week of Mueller indicting anyone?

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2019 5:07 AM

Not indicting anyone.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2019 5:10 AM

Oh R8 is back. For those keeping track R8 is R 523 in the last thread that got called out for its trolling troll ways.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2019 5:10 AM

An opinion is not trolling. I doubt very much that I am r523. Only an anal retentive fool would even know something like that. Go get your tampon unstuck, you will feel better.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2019 5:18 AM

May I just say -- I enjoy Mueller taking his own sweet Jesus time. It is driving them all batty and it's fun to watch. I have every confidence shit's coming and it's gonna be real.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2019 5:21 AM

I am angry will Mueller and I am not afraid to say it. I have family who I do not feel like speaking too until he exposes this story and I am anxious to resume my acceptance of them and their poor judgment.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2019 5:22 AM

You have confidence that things will turn out alright, I usually believe if something bad can happen, it will. So far everything bad is happening.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2019 5:26 AM

Sure, R11, sure.

I see your still failing at the English portion.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2019 5:28 AM

[quote]Go get your tampon unstuck, you will feel better.

I'm going to start calling out the sexist fucks on here every single time. You're number one.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2019 5:28 AM

Seriously, it's like the trolls have no idea how obvious they are.

Sort of like all the Drumpfs.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2019 5:29 AM

Yawn

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2019 5:37 AM

I am a negative person. I had a dream last night and in the dream I saw Mitch McConnell take a bullet in his throat. I hoped it was true and not a dream but I was disappointed. I guess most people would say my negative attitude was coming out in my dreams, is that true?

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2019 5:41 AM

so wait -- after all that Trump has done and said and ruined, your family is going to get the mueller report and SUDDENLY change their minds. That very same report that Google eyes Guliani and Trumpie have been preparing for their followers to disbelieve not matter what it says?

Oh comrade, a few words from Mark Twain. (He's a writer from this country)

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2019 5:42 AM

[quote]Also could they call in the Keebler Elf now?

It's too bad, so sad, that the We-Don't-Know-What-We're-Doing Brigade plucked the munchkin out of his safe Senate seat so he could protect International Treason-Corruption, Inc., only to have him fail to provide protection/interference and be gone in a year and a half. And now that Senate seat held by a Democrat.

Womp, womp.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2019 5:57 AM

I would like to know exactly what folks think will happen when this report is presented? Not a response of "Well it's the end of Trump!" but how so? In what way specifically?

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2019 6:00 AM

So Boris would like us to do his homework for him?

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2019 6:10 AM

R19 I hope it was a premonition, with the bullet being metaphorical, of course.

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2019 6:11 AM

I want the hearings to start in the house and hopefully some of the members will provide us with some entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2019 6:15 AM

r22, Mueller will release the report and the final indictments. He will unseal his previously sealed indictments.

That's when things get interesting about "unindicted coconspiritor #1" from the Cohen indictments.

Either it leads to impeachment and resignation or impeachment and conviction. We will have to see what Congressional Republicans do.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2019 6:47 AM

[quote]I initially (a few months ago) couldn’t decide if I liked Jeffries because I just couldn’t get a good read on him. But after hearing his fly “we’re down with NDP” speech the other day, I finally get him and adore his ass.

He's my Congressman and I love him. Saw him speak at several events during midterm campaign season and he is smart, funny, and charming. He was very involved in flipping the typically Republican-held seats (Staten Island/Bay Ridge and a huge district upstate) that were won by freshmen Dems Max Rose and Antonio Delgado.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2019 7:00 AM

[quote]I would like to know exactly what folks think will happen when this report is presented?

Depends on what's in it. Also depends on whether anything at all can persuade Senate Republicans to take action against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2019 7:03 AM

I wonder how long it will take for Congress to realize Dump himself is the Greatest Domestic Threat that the U.S. has ever encountered! I seem to recall in the distant past, maybe early 2016, that Dump wanted to trim federal employees and eliminate the I.R.S. I think he is close to accomplishing both. This is what happens when a hostile foreign power is in charge and we bicker about partisan politics.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2019 7:14 AM

Bee gas works wonders on my cooter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2019 7:21 AM

Traitor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2019 7:50 AM

[quote]I see your still failing at the English portion.

Oh, the irony

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2019 10:06 AM

It most certainly is, OP!

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2019 10:16 AM

Is good you say a words, R32. Whither other best Datalounge the contributors have gone? Is clear now more than even ever that only American speaks with the words of English and without obvious errors. Today is difficult more than the ever to determine whether poster is American, is pleasant person of Russia, or is Lady with poopy shoes.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2019 10:31 AM

Marry me r34

by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Aw, R32, nice try. There's a big difference in a spelling issue via predictive text and consistently butchering English in the majority of its troll posts. But you knew that, didn't you? Go clear some more cookies, troll defender.

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2019 11:50 AM

[quote]Oh, the irony

Oh, the irony of the irony!

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2019 11:51 AM

Natascia must come defend Boris. We no trolls.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2019 11:51 AM

AG on the Meuller She Wrote podcast today talked about George Papadopoulus' "Italian" wife (who the women on MSW think is definitely a Russian operative) tweeted a message this weekend saying: "This is what happens when you get into a federal investigation to support someone who can't be loyal to anything and try to slander me as soon as he wants to run after a new skirt." then right after that she deleted her account. But now it's back up again.

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2019 11:53 AM

R39, what does she mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2019 11:55 AM

That George Papa was straying??

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2019 12:24 PM

LOL at that gif OP

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2019 12:34 PM

really, a PS: J'accuse post on a treason thread? It was funny, but je refuse.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2019 12:49 PM

It is interesting that Boris would troll Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2019 1:04 PM

Back to getting rid of Trump, if not about the Mueller investigation. I loved the NYT Sunday opinion piece by David Leonhardt entitled "The People vs. Donald J. Trump."

"The easy answer is to wait — to allow the various investigations of Trump to run their course and ask voters to deliver a verdict in 2020. That answer has one great advantage. It would avoid the national trauma of overturning an election result. Ultimately, however, waiting is too dangerous. The cost of removing a president from office is smaller than the cost of allowing this president to remain."

Bubbling in the background is all the environmental damage his administration is committing, in addition to him contributing to human misery in multifarious ways.

Out. Now!

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2019 1:10 PM

I'm commenting on something from the last thread about Nunes. I think the way it works is that the House Minority Leader, in this case McCarthy, talks to Pelosi about who he wants on various committees. It seems like this only really applies to new members. If you already have a committee assignment you just either step up if you're in the majority, or you step back to "ranking" status if you're in the minority.

They do change committee assignments if a member requests his assignment be changed and it makes sense. OTOH, if a member misbehaves, his assignment will get changed. I have no way to know this, but I will bet you Pelosi,Schiff, and McCarthy have had a conversation and Nunes is on a very short leash.

If you think about it, Pelosi and Schiff are dealing with a nest of vipers among the GOP members. McCarthy is close to Trump and he will also get intel briefings. And you know Nunes will tell the White House every single thing that happens. So I'm thinking Schiff may set Nunes up, Nunes will take the bait and get expelled from Intel. At least that is my hope.

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2019 1:35 PM

[quote] "The easy answer is to wait — to allow the various investigations of Trump to run their course and ask voters to deliver a verdict in 2020. That answer has one great advantage. It would avoid the national trauma of overturning an election result. Ultimately, however, waiting is too dangerous. The cost of removing a president from office is smaller than the cost of allowing this president to remain."

Precisely. If the Mueller report and the results of the Congressional investigations plainly show (as we fully expect) that we have a traitorous felon in the White House, then he must be removed immediately. I understand the desire to defeat him at the ballot box, but we simply don't have the luxury of that kind of time once the evidence is revealed. He cannot remain in office. The Dotard is a very dangerous monster, and we don't know the full extent of his collusion with Russia. The sooner he is removed and placed on trial for his crimes the better everyone will be. And, yes, I sincerely hope and expect that Pence and the long list of criminals that tRump has working for or supporting him also go to prison right along with him.

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2019 2:08 PM

Apparently the shit is on! Pelosi said, "apparently this president isn't interested in governance. We have a problem."

by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote]Natascia must come defend Boris. We no trolls.

More like Boris defending Boris.

It's like the trolls don't even bother trying to hide how stupid they are.

Sure, some random poster with basically no history in these threads goes through a troll's posts and ignores the dozens of troll posts its made... and defends it by referring to the ONE post it has that didn't have a grammatical error?

Sure.

by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2019 2:33 PM

[quote] R20: It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Excellent quote! I’ve never read it before!

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2019 2:35 PM

When Mueller Issues a Report, Trump May Try to Suppress Some of It

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2019 2:59 PM

Nancy...NOW a warning!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2019 3:05 PM

OK, according to CBS news, Nancy's exact statement is" If the President is against governance...and doesn't care whether people's needs are met,...then we have a problem."

That's a pretty strong condemnation of the President. She's escalating the pressure in response to his threat to invoke a state of emergency. I think she's holding back on McConnell because she is still locked in to serious negotiations with him. Trump isn't serious about negotiating. She's calling him out on that. Telling him she knows he is not serious, and his theatrics are bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 53January 7, 2019 3:19 PM

Nunes, Gaetz, Gym Jordan, Meadows, Gohmert, and maybe a handful-plus more, are direct pipelines to Trump. They certainly don't belong on judicial and intelligence committees, IMO. Nunes needs to be scrutinized by Mueller while investigating obstruction.

by Anonymousreply 54January 7, 2019 3:19 PM

Nunes belongs in PRISON.

by Anonymousreply 55January 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Chris Collins (NY State) and Duncan Hunter (Calif.) are under indictments; yet they got re-elected by their respective districts.

These are adamant pro-Trump politicians. Obviously, alledged criminal behavior matters little to Trump's base when it comes to their own politicians. That is the horror of this form of partisanship. Ethics and honestly don't matter.

by Anonymousreply 56January 7, 2019 3:39 PM

R51, didn't I hear on DL a couple of days ago that Schiff said he would release the Mueller report regardless of whether or not Trump wanted it to go public?

Do these idiots really think that after over a year and a half of waiting for the biggest investigation in our nation's history to come out, we're just going to bend over and let Trump and his traitorous bunch of assholes, bury it? I think there would literally be chaos in the streets if something like that happened. Also, couldn't they just call Mueller in to testify in front of Congress and just read the entire thing out loud?

by Anonymousreply 57January 7, 2019 3:40 PM

The demand for the report will be enormous. It will leak, prehaps redacted, but I bet you an unredacted report will make it to the public -- there is just too much interest and heat.

by Anonymousreply 58January 7, 2019 3:56 PM

Nothings going to happen. This is all nothing burger, and believe me I’d like for him to go down. But I think Trump is going to triumph and it makes me furious.

by Anonymousreply 59January 7, 2019 4:24 PM

I don't believe you, r59.

by Anonymousreply 60January 7, 2019 4:25 PM

Trump will not triumph. He just wants you to believe that he will.

by Anonymousreply 61January 7, 2019 4:28 PM

R59 also keeps a dirty ass so...

by Anonymousreply 62January 7, 2019 4:31 PM

Jerry Nadler, who’s now chair of the House Judiciary Committee, said he would see that Mueller's report gets publicly released. If that's somehow prevented, I’m sure a copy might fall off a truck in front of the NYT building.

They can also call Mueller to testify before the committee, ask him anything they want, and Trump can’t do a thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 63January 7, 2019 4:33 PM

Trolls like R59 are not even trying anymore. You people are fucking pathetic.

It's a little too late to "fire Mueller" or suppress his report. That ship has sailed, Les Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 64January 7, 2019 4:41 PM

Reuters:

Trump to travel to southern border on Thursday: White House

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 7, 2019 4:45 PM

A job for Sean Hannity?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 7, 2019 4:45 PM

You know, we are in a fucking crisis. Right now. Asswipe just told the media he never said he wanted an immediate withdrawal of troops from Syria! And Bolton is traveling to "talk " to Turkey etc. right now doing damage control. Aside from his incompetence in foreign policy, the fact that our government is dangerously understaffed including the Defense department, the government is shut down, he's lost roughly 170 kids he separated from their families and put in cages, he has 14,000 kids living in tents in Texas, he's called in federal troops for a manufactured crisis at the border, there is no factual basis for anything he is doing. He is a proven liar. And he's wrecking our economy with phony trade wars and tariffs that a re clearly benefiting Russia and China, and he refuses to negotiate to re open our government, and IMO we have the grounds right fucking now to impeach this incompetent son of a bitch without any help from Mueller. Once we get him out of office Mueller and his team can put the fucker in jail. I was of a mind to wait for the report, but in the past two months this piece of shit has done some outrageous things.

by Anonymousreply 67January 7, 2019 4:51 PM

Something doesn’t sit well with a potus who broke the law to *become* potus ...and then getting away with it *because* he is potus.

Immigrant children have died needlessly. (We could have prevented their deaths.)

The government shutdown is a shit-show.

Putin has our top secrets...and Trump is espousing Putin disinformation.

Yeah Trump needs to go. He is a threat to national security.

by Anonymousreply 68January 7, 2019 5:03 PM

[quote]Trump to travel to southern border on Thursday: White House

And he wants to deliver a prime time address before he goes:

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about a request to television networks to carve out time for an Oval Office address. A person familiar with the request said the White House had asked to interrupt prime time programming on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 7, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]Trump to travel to southern border on Thursday: White House

And he wants to deliver a prime time address before he goes:

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about a request to television networks to carve out time for an Oval Office address. A person familiar with the request said the White House had asked to interrupt prime time programming on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 70January 7, 2019 5:07 PM

You're double-posting, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71January 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Weird, I'm only seeing it at R70 -- but I'm not seeing an R69 at all. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 72January 7, 2019 5:11 PM

Okay, I refreshed and now see both entries. Now I'm really sorry!

by Anonymousreply 73January 7, 2019 5:11 PM

R59 is posting from Borisland, making it obvious for those who can't read.

by Anonymousreply 74January 7, 2019 5:37 PM

The only people who use the term "nothing-burger" are Trumptards. It always makes me think of Tucker Carlson or that brunette idiot on Fox & Friends who talks like he recently graduated from seventh grade.

by Anonymousreply 75January 7, 2019 5:47 PM

I prefer to leave it to the trolls to figure out where they fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 76January 7, 2019 5:50 PM

Dummies, I’m not a Russian troll. I’m literally sitting in a deli thing on 3rd ave in NYC

by Anonymousreply 77January 7, 2019 5:52 PM

They can get around GOP obstruction regarding Muellers report very easily.....any one of the members of a committee who receives the report can read it out loud into the record. THERE IS NO STOPPING IT FROM GOING PUBLIC regardless of how they try....even with claims of national security.

by Anonymousreply 78January 7, 2019 5:58 PM

WE ought to get on twitter and tell people to turn off their TV sets #Boycott Trump. They will replay clips of it endlessly anyway, and if he uses it to declare his emergency then we will certainly know. So fuck him and fuck the networks for giving in. Fuck Trump! #BoycottTrumpAddress!

by Anonymousreply 79January 7, 2019 6:04 PM

I've stopped watching Trump live. Nothing he says matters unless a third party determines if it is a lie or not.

by Anonymousreply 80January 7, 2019 6:06 PM

msnbc has stopped covering his live appearances.

by Anonymousreply 81January 7, 2019 6:08 PM

Mueller is required to give his report to the Attorney General. The AG has complete discretion on whether the report is released. The AG can even refuse to release the report to Congress. Mueller is a patriot and a Marine. If the AG refuses to release the report, I believe Mueller will give the report to Congress and dare Trump and the AG to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 82January 7, 2019 6:08 PM

R80 - It is always the former.

by Anonymousreply 83January 7, 2019 6:10 PM

What does Whitaker think he's going to do? Be like, "Oh, I don't really think anyone needs to see this. Next."? It's just so utterly absurd that these assholes think they can just throw the report away after all this. It's quickly becoming one of the most important documents in American history (see also: the continually verified Steele dossier).

by Anonymousreply 84January 7, 2019 6:12 PM

We need more troll names. Andrei, Sergei, Ivan, Sascha, Oleg, Vladimir, Vitaly, Dmitri, Mikhail, Vassiliy. I don't think they always recognize themselves when they read "Boris". But we recognize them. Yay for the sharp eyes of Dlers.

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2019 6:15 PM

I am partial to Alyosha myself, r85.

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2019 6:17 PM

How about Mischa, General Michael Flynn's pet Russian name.

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2019 6:20 PM

I would go with Babushka, as in Babushka dolls. Dolls sounds like trolls and them being so quick to change their IPs to post some more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2019 6:22 PM

I am American. I am not troll. You is moron. I am American as Apple Pie. I am posting from very American City, Norman, Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2019 6:30 PM

OP - again, great visual to start the new thread. Thanks, as always!!

by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2019 6:43 PM

Why the fuck is he going to the border? Just to waste our tax dollars by running up bills on his personal jet?

by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2019 6:54 PM

r91....its not HIS PERSONAL JET.....although he does own one ....it belongs to The US and is for use by the president FOR NATIONAL STATE BUSINESS...not personal usage i.e. campaign rallies and repeated trips to his own properties on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2019 7:01 PM

What's the name of the little Nunes clone who quit the House just suddenly?

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2019 7:03 PM

Jason Chaffetz

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2019 7:04 PM

Is Jason Chaffetz the ugly one with the piggy nose who is now on Faux News?

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2019 7:07 PM

yes.

by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2019 7:08 PM

Thanks, R93.

R95, yes indeed.

I hope the press keep following this scum...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2019 7:09 PM

Unprofessional fucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 7, 2019 7:09 PM

Absurd. I hope the entire fucking thing gets leaked. We deserve the whole story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Given that the idea of suppressing parts of the report comes from Demento Giuliani, I'm not that worried about it.

by Anonymousreply 100January 7, 2019 7:16 PM

Hmmmm, if the "witch hunt" yielded nothing, then why block release of the full report?

by Anonymousreply 101January 7, 2019 7:19 PM

Wonderful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2019 7:21 PM

He's not going to be able to stop the House Judiciary Committee from getting the report. They have very broad subpoena power. Yes, it might wind up in court, but even Blackout Brett Kavanope won't be able to stop Judiciary Chair Jerry Nadler from getting that report.

by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2019 7:25 PM

I hate photos of trump's ugly lying face, too, but I kind of like this one.

My apologies to those who are offended upon viewing the face of a criminal monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2019 7:28 PM

I prefer that mouth to the usual anus-mouth we usually see, r104.

by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2019 7:32 PM

OM that article at R98. Poor Mueller, having to pretend to take those dumbasses seriously.

by Anonymousreply 106January 7, 2019 7:34 PM

Shout out to the Mueller, She Wrote people. Last week they started using the name "Ghouliani."

Welcome, ladies!

by Anonymousreply 107January 7, 2019 7:35 PM

Ghouliani and the ghoul are appropriate.

Is he still spouting off? Why hasn't someone driven a stake through his heart or left him out in the sun to get rid if him?

by Anonymousreply 108January 7, 2019 7:43 PM

Just a head's up. The court might end up fucking democracy even more than Citizens United fucked democracy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 7, 2019 7:48 PM

r109....just like Citizens United, the court may have ruled a certain way, but stated that their decision was based on the current laws....and could be changed by an act of Congress.....which of course they didnt do, and even though they are making an effort to change things, the Dems really cant do anything until we take the Senate too.

by Anonymousreply 110January 7, 2019 7:54 PM

Conceivably Mueller could indict people and then submit his final report afterwards. So if Mueller indicts family, and possibly Trump himself, or even names him as an unindicted co-conspirator, the report would be almost an after thought. Because the way Mueller is handling the indictments it's as if these are the report. His indictments are detailed and very specific. They are written almost in a narrative fashion. So Whitaker might try to stifle the report itself, but it would be after the horse is out of the proverbial barn. That's how I think it most likely will go down. Now concealing the report will be very bad PR and it will make DoJ look very bad and certainly the Attorney General, who ever he is will look terrible, but the facts of the case and the investigation itself will be revealed once court filings are unsealed and people are named.

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2019 8:50 PM

From the link at r97:

[quote]I’ve been given more enemas by more people over the last eight years than you can possibly imagine.

Only a republican't would say this with pride.

by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2019 8:56 PM

Trump is a Schmuck!

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2019 9:09 PM

I like Grushenka as a troll name because the trolls are essentially whores. And when I think Russian whores I think Grushenka.

Now if only they’d grab on to Mueller’s onion of absolution they could escape from Putin’s hell on earth.

by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2019 9:28 PM

What is Sean Spicer up to?

Oh, he's going to be on Celebrity Big Brother with Caitlyn Jenner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2019 9:29 PM

Putty's state-sponsored trolls are unfortunately going to be an ongoing thing, the 2020 Presidential election included. It will take a new President not politically tied to Trump and the exit of a mass of Kompromat Senators, whereby stronger and more effective sanctions are applied, and the U.S. becomes more assertive in confronting Putin and Russian interests internationally.

by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2019 9:48 PM

Junior Mint tried trolling AOC. Dumb to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2019 10:09 PM

R32 said:

[Quote] An opinion is not trolling. I doubt very much that I am r523. Only an anal retentive fool would even know something like that. Go get your tampon unstuck, you will feel better.

However, he IS R523 of the previous thread. He is a lying troll. Troll-dar shows he posted R523 on the previous thread:

[Quote] Has been two years since inauguration...and nothing will ever be done. I have had it...the prick in the White House is tearing our country apart and all we do is talk, talk, talk. Our end is near and Mueller is dotting his I s.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Has anyone noticed that the troll talking points have moved to

"our country is a mess. I don't think I can stand it much longer. Why are the republicans doing nothing? Why isn't Mueller acting on this? Hurry up! Random mention of Pelosi or AOC."

They want to foment anger even more and break apart everyone. Block them all. They also start most posts that even remotely mention a race (see Mexican gas station post).

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2019 10:32 PM

"Mueller is tearing our country apart! I blame him and the DEMS for not putting an end to all this. AOC! Mexicans! My racist Deplorable family! Mexicans!"

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2019 10:34 PM

The Mueller team is on the Prince matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2019 10:39 PM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2019 10:41 PM

Americans have finally shot themselves in the foot so completely, we may not recover. Trump and Putin are out to destroy our great nation.

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2019 12:07 AM

Let's not perform the autopsy just yet, m'kay?

by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2019 12:29 AM

STAWP Anton. America will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2019 12:30 AM

Putin is a seedy piece of shit. He gained his position through treachery and murder. Coercion, back mail, etc. But where it counts, with governing, he is not a smart man. Russia's economy is in the toilet and has been he can point to nothing that would be looked on as an accomplishment designed to make his people and his nation better and stronger. He's a pig. an autocrat. He found a piece of shit who was wrapped up in himself, a nasty little manchild, he could run. His experience and training as a KGB agent has sustained him for decades. He is running Trump like his asset. There is no fucking way these two turds can destroy "our great nation." Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 126January 8, 2019 12:32 AM

You know, when the dust settles, and we finally know the full shape of what's happened, the Frontline coverage of this is going to be epic.

by Anonymousreply 127January 8, 2019 12:35 AM

The article from Slate about Mueller's writing style was super interesting, thanks R122

by Anonymousreply 128January 8, 2019 1:09 AM

Great Maddow episode

by Anonymousreply 129January 8, 2019 1:50 AM

Can someone quote the first sentence of the Slate article please?

I KID. 23 Skidoo!!!

by Anonymousreply 130January 8, 2019 2:47 AM

I enjoy Chris Matthews, though I realize he’s a bit of a simpleton.

Having said that, SO irritated that he had on Corey “Womp, Womp” Lewandowski, I literally am living for the day they are each indicted, and I have infinite faith now that it will happen.

Do you realize that the more each of us believes in democracy (and the value of Mueller’s work) the more powerful we are? All of the fucktards on this thread try to make us forget “E Pluribus Unum.” Don’t forget what that means, E Pluribus Unum. Write it in dry erase on your bathroom mirror so it’s the first thing you see every single day.

by Anonymousreply 131January 8, 2019 3:02 AM

Legit question. Do you think Trump would go so far as to collude with the Russians or the UAE (or maybe even China) to get another country (not one of those three) to initiate an attack on the US? The intent would be to engage us in a war and distract from all things Mueller and Trump's failed attempt to build a wall? At this point, I almost don't put this past him. We're already in Wag the Dog territory and Trump is unhinged enough to try anything he thinks will allow him to gain total control and re-galvanize his base of cray crays.

by Anonymousreply 132January 8, 2019 3:17 AM

Pres Bone Spurs is upping his insanity in a huge way. Declare a national emergency? He is trying anything for a win. Mueller will be check mate?

by Anonymousreply 133January 8, 2019 3:18 AM

R132, he’s capable of literally anything. I don’t want to find out how many more crimes he’s capable of committing, I want him gone now.

by Anonymousreply 134January 8, 2019 3:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 8, 2019 3:43 AM

A-doy. (That’s fancy for “duh”).

by Anonymousreply 136January 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Rachel was scary today. Russians are insane.

by Anonymousreply 137January 8, 2019 4:19 AM

What did Rachel say?

by Anonymousreply 138January 8, 2019 4:21 AM

Harris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 8, 2019 4:27 AM

I like Oksana for trolls. I picture them like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 8, 2019 5:44 AM

If you didn't read r109 link, would it help you to know the article is built around the philosophy of Judy Garland?

Yes, really it is.

by Anonymousreply 141January 8, 2019 5:48 AM

pride

greed

lust

envy

gluttony

wrath

sloth

by Anonymousreply 142January 8, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote]When Mueller Issues a Report, Trump May Try to Suppress Some of It

Great. That will make it really easy for us to know which parts to concentrate on when it gets leaked five minutes after it's "suppressed".

by Anonymousreply 143January 8, 2019 6:09 AM

Seriously.

The worst criminal masterminds ever.

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 144January 8, 2019 6:43 AM

R140, Funnily enough, despite her country of Ukraine being fucked in the ass by Putin, Oksana Baiul is a loud Trump supporter

by Anonymousreply 145January 8, 2019 6:59 AM

I read that Russia is now supplying China with soybeans and chickens, while US farmers do tiddlywinks and wait for federal handouts while their land lays fallow. Win-win for Dump and Russia, while we get stuck with the bill.

However, if not mistaken, the US House decides who or what money is appropriated and where in their annual budget. Therefore the Dem House can strip the payout. We'll see how many of them keep supporting Dump when their livelihood goes bye bye.

by Anonymousreply 146January 8, 2019 8:21 AM

I wonder if McConnell is deliberately encouraging this shutdown in order to weaken Trump.

by Anonymousreply 147January 8, 2019 8:37 AM

I don't think so. They want to jam as much shit down our throats, I.e. long standing Repug wet dreams like empowering the 1% and killing off non-whites males, gays and women, in general.

by Anonymousreply 148January 8, 2019 9:18 AM

The Republican Party, represented by Mitch McConnell, do what they always do: Blame the Democratic Party for all their failures, blunders, getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar, etc.

Everything that goes wrong? It's the House Dems' fault! Trump refusing to budge negotiate to end the government shutdown? It's the Dems' fault! Economy crashing? It's the Dems' fault. Our allies abandoning us? It's the Dems' fault.

Nobody holds the Republican Party accountable, except the voters in 2018 mid-term election.

by Anonymousreply 149January 8, 2019 9:36 AM

Oksana does like her vodka.

by Anonymousreply 150January 8, 2019 9:38 AM

Piotr’s troll posts are most convincing when he is sober, i.e. between 5:00 AM - 5:30 AM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 8, 2019 9:57 AM

I wish Mueller would also take Erik Prince down. I live in the same town as him and his sister Betsy DeVos, they are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 152January 8, 2019 10:04 AM

But Lindsey, you didn't attend Clemson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 8, 2019 10:13 AM

The Mueller report delivered and ensuing Trump and USA chaos will be the next step in Russia's successful operation. I'll be glad for the report but the enormous turd has already plopped on us all and there is no way to flush it. It's going to get worse before it dries up and the odor fades.

by Anonymousreply 154January 8, 2019 10:21 AM

I wonder if Deplorables will ever have enough of Trump lies? Will his staff ever stop lying? Will McConnell continue to let Trump hurt our country?

by Anonymousreply 155January 8, 2019 10:37 AM

Rachel's A block was nuts. I wish she would stop reading Court documents to us though. It's like a dramatic monologue.

by Anonymousreply 156January 8, 2019 10:48 AM

I listen to Rachel as a podcast in the morning, and I love her readings. They play really well on just audio.

by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2019 11:13 AM

Omg Pence freaking LYING through his teeth spouting the Trump lying points on CBS morning news. Anchors on cbs news am calling out the mistruths after the live interview ended. This address tonight should be on a 7 minute delay so it can be split screen fact checked as the lies emerge.

by Anonymousreply 158January 8, 2019 11:15 AM

[quote]spouting the Trump lying points

I like 'lying points', such a cool natural phrase - be good if it could become embedded as the sane world's 'fake news.'

As in a news commentator summing up the day's events, 'And today's lying points…' Stated as though a fully accepted categorisation.

by Anonymousreply 159January 8, 2019 11:50 AM

Just heard NBC, CBS are giving equal time to the Dems to respond to tRumps lies tonight.

by Anonymousreply 160January 8, 2019 12:35 PM

Bibi Netanyahu just pulled a similar stunt.

by Anonymousreply 161January 8, 2019 12:59 PM

Has the opposing party ever done this before to a President?

by Anonymousreply 162January 8, 2019 1:01 PM

Mitch McConnell could end the shut-down now. No, he is giving deference to Trump. If McTurtle pretended the shut-down is Merrick Garland, he'd have this over by mid-afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 163January 8, 2019 1:07 PM

If his head is not removed from his body with a baseball bat, there is no justice in the world.

Batter up!

by Anonymousreply 164January 8, 2019 1:30 PM

Per Erik Prince......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165January 8, 2019 1:36 PM

To end the shut down, Republican members of the U.S.Senate, just a few of them, can go "on strike" and refuse to vote for anything else until the shutdown legislation is voted on and the government is re opened. That's all it would take to force McConnell to put the legislation that passed by 90 votes in December, back on the floor for a vote. This is the exact same legislation Pelosi just passed with a BI-PARTISAN majority in the House. And I read this morning that the Republicans are worried that more of their House members a re peeling off to support Pelosi. There are senators who are ready to desert McConnell. They need to step up.

by Anonymousreply 166January 8, 2019 1:54 PM

As certain as I am that the sun rises in the East, I am certain Putin is already auditioning Trump's successor. IMO Lindsey Graham is ding his damnedest to be that guy. It's might be Pence but there are probably several Putin is looking at.

by Anonymousreply 167January 8, 2019 1:57 PM

On Michelangelo Signorile's show yesterday, they had a pundit on who said that this whole idea about Bone Spurs declaring an "emergency" might be an attempt on their part to get it to the courts, knowing it will be denied, and so he can turn to the base and say, "well, I tried everything I could... "

He speculated that this *could* be someone's idea as the only way they can get out of the wall mess they've backed themselves into - but then he also said he wasn't sure they could think that strategically.

by Anonymousreply 168January 8, 2019 2:23 PM

R168: If that is the plan (probable), Trump did not think of it.

by Anonymousreply 169January 8, 2019 2:27 PM

[quote]but then he also said he wasn't sure they could think that strategically.

I cannot think of one single thing this administration has thought about "strategically".

Every single fucking thing they do is tactical to get themselves out of whatever bottomless pile of shit 46 minus one has dumped them into.

There is not one moment to think strategically.

Plus: How can a revolving-door group of goons strategize when they have zero idea who will be sitting next to them at the table at any given moment?

by Anonymousreply 170January 8, 2019 2:38 PM

I can't stand how the trump administration and allies use lies to distort reality and con people. This whole wall drama, ginning up a fake national emergency for what? What about the opioid crisis, the 30,000 gun deaths per year, and a myriad of other real emergencies? These people want to destroy Social Security, Medicare, and other social safety nets so many rely on. Why does anyone at all believe any of their lies? It feels they are determined to lie their way out of treason. They really think they can do it. It's scary how hard it's become to stop them with so many suckers buying their crap every day.

by Anonymousreply 171January 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Told ya so, r171.

by Anonymousreply 172January 8, 2019 3:21 PM

R171, it is easier to convince someone of something stupid, than it is to convince someone that they’ve been tricked into believing something stupid.

by Anonymousreply 173January 8, 2019 3:43 PM

R173 Wow, that's really deep, Mr. Twain.

by Anonymousreply 174January 8, 2019 4:16 PM

I keep going back to what he's getting out of pushing the wall?

At this point, he'd be better off just blaming the Democrats for not funding it and then saying HE'S going to drop it and negotiate a deal without the wall because HE CARES SO MUCH FOR THE DAMAGE THAT DEMOCRATS ARE DOING TO THOSE IMPACTED BY THE SHUTDOWN.

His base is stupid enough to buy it so why not just do that?

by Anonymousreply 175January 8, 2019 4:22 PM

If Trump declares a National Emergency under the guise of building his wall, what other militant measures does he intend to implement ?

by Anonymousreply 176January 8, 2019 4:22 PM

CBS' Bo Erickson:

Secretary of State Pompeo tells King Abdullah of Jordan he saw an early draft of the president's address to the nation tonight: "He'll make a lot of news," and then laughed.

by Anonymousreply 177January 8, 2019 4:24 PM

Meanwhile, back in the Southern District of New York...

"A Russian lawyer whose role at a 2016 meeting at Trump Tower has come under scrutiny from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III was charged Tuesday in a separate case with obstructing justice in a money-laundering investigation.

Natalia Veselnitskaya became a central figure in Mueller’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election when it was revealed that in June 2016, she met with Donald Trump Jr. and other senior Trump campaign advisers after an intermediary indicated she had dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The indictment unsealed Tuesday relates to a different legal fight involving the Russian and U.S. governments, and charges Veselnitskaya made a “misleading declaration” to the court in a civil case arising from an investigation by federal prosecutors in Manhattan into suspected Russian money laundering and tax fraud. She did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Her work on that case attracted little attention at the time, but her role in the Trump Tower meeting made her the subject of intense investigative interest in the United States, as Mueller’s team has sought to determine whether that meeting was part of any broader conspiracy by Trump associates to seek the Kremlin’s help in defeating Clinton.

A copy of the indictment is shown below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178January 8, 2019 4:27 PM

r156, Кого она думает, что читает, Гоголь?

by Anonymousreply 179January 8, 2019 4:28 PM

r176, Declaring a National Emergency is one step away from declaring Martial Law and suspending Congress and the Constitution.

by Anonymousreply 180January 8, 2019 4:30 PM

Martina Navratilova:

I can tell you all this for sure- whatever ridiculous propaganda we were fed in then Czechoslovakia, which was mandated by Soviet Union- pales next to the lies being told and repeated by trump and his ilk. I am not kidding… trump truly trumps the communists. And that’s not easy.

by Anonymousreply 181January 8, 2019 4:31 PM

R180 Only way he could do that is if the military goes rogue along with him. The current turmoil in the Defense Department is a bad sign, but I don't think Trump can cleanse the department and install his loyal cronies fast enough to pull off a coup. Still, the grave warning signs are there: every minute Trump is allowed to stay in office the more his brand of lies and corruption will seep into every part of the government and military.

by Anonymousreply 182January 8, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]I keep going back to what he's getting out of pushing the wall?

Headlines. Diversion. Red meat to the base. Any minute aired or column written about the wall is one less discussion about the fact that Donald Trump was named as a co-conspirator in a federal crime entered into judgment in the Southern District of NY in a plea deal accepted by a federal judge.

Then, too, there is the obvious: If even a portion of the wall is constructed, Trump's shell companies can suck out loads of cash, contracts, and materials like he's always done. The leopard can't change his spots.

by Anonymousreply 183January 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Eric and Betsy need to be in prison...or in hell.

by Anonymousreply 184January 8, 2019 6:21 PM

I'd like to see Betsy's cunt on a pike before this is all over. Game of Thrones style.

by Anonymousreply 185January 8, 2019 6:30 PM

Pence that piece of shit kept trying to pin this on the Dems. Dems won't negotiate, Dems won't come to the table. What the Fuckety Fuck? I think we need to use the text alert system that was set up for protests if Trump shut down Mueller's investigation, set up for Trump pulling a BS State of Emergency. Enough!

by Anonymousreply 186January 8, 2019 6:41 PM

Trump lies, and Fox News perpetuates and reinforces Trump's falsehoods And Hannity is mixed-up in this mess much deeper than being a talking head.

The confrontation doesn't need to be with the on-air yappers, but with Rupert Murdoch and sons. A House Committee needs to call them in. Murdoch and Putin are beyond just being acquainted. Fox advertisers need to feel the pressure.

by Anonymousreply 187January 8, 2019 7:04 PM

[quote]whatever ridiculous propaganda we were fed in then Czechoslovakia, which was mandated by Soviet Union- pales next to the lies being told and repeated by trump and his ilk. I am not kidding… trump truly trumps the communists. And that’s not easy.

To be fair Martina, it is quite easy when Putin's ventriloquist's dummy is Trump. It's easy for Trump because he can't think anyway, so lying points work fine for him. And it's beyond easy for Putin, who every day must hug himself at chancing upon the biggest useful idiot in recorded history.

by Anonymousreply 188January 8, 2019 7:05 PM

R186

Well, that's what you'll get if Trump is forced out. Best case scenario is that Pence runs away in terror of being outed, so that Pelosi takes over.

by Anonymousreply 189January 8, 2019 7:07 PM

“I stand before you today to say that this country is under attack from outer-space gays,” Pence told the military gathering. “Only Space Force can protect us from their unimaginable evil.”

Pence detailed a nightmare scenario in which “gay aliens by the thousands” land in the U.S. in “seemingly cute spacecraft” and “subvert life in America as we know it.”

“I’ll tell you what’s to stop them,” he said, pausing for dramatic effect. “Space Force.”

At the White House, CNN’s Jim Acosta asked the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, how, exactly, Pence had developed his theory about the existence of gay aliens.

“No one is more qualified to talk about life on other planets than Mike Pence,” Sanders snapped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 8, 2019 7:23 PM

OOPSIE!!! Manafort's attorneys inadvertently release unredacted info on his collusion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 8, 2019 7:27 PM

It appears that Country A will not be happy...

by Anonymousreply 192January 8, 2019 7:38 PM

R191 it wasn’t an accident, they are cluing Trump in.

by Anonymousreply 193January 8, 2019 7:44 PM

R193: Trump and everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 194January 8, 2019 8:18 PM

Via Scott Stedman -- "Washington Post: The mystery corporation fighting a Mueller subpoena is a “financial institution”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195January 8, 2019 8:21 PM

Politico:

Supreme Court declines to intervene in mysterious Mueller subpoena fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196January 8, 2019 8:23 PM

Alfa Bank?

Any others? Deutsche Bank has been excluded.

Is the Bank of Cyprus public or private?

by Anonymousreply 197January 8, 2019 8:25 PM

That's good, right, R196?

by Anonymousreply 198January 8, 2019 8:25 PM

^^^Yes, very good

by Anonymousreply 199January 8, 2019 8:27 PM

Steven Miller is writing his speech for tonight. I wonder if the word HeIl is in there.

by Anonymousreply 200January 8, 2019 8:28 PM

*Heil

by Anonymousreply 201January 8, 2019 8:34 PM

I bet "vectors of disease" will be in the speech and that it will lead to something like this...

"Vec.. Vic... Victims of disease... They've victims of disease. Victims and also vectors of disease. Victims and vectors. Vectors of disease. That's what the are, vectors of disease. Vectoring diseases across the border. VECTORS. That's what they're called. VECTORS."

by Anonymousreply 202January 8, 2019 8:38 PM

According to Mueller’s filing, Manafort sent 2016 Presidential campaign polling data to his Russian asset.

COLLUSION!

by Anonymousreply 203January 8, 2019 8:43 PM

R198, yes, it's good. It means that the mystery corporation has to produce its documents and will be fined until it does.

by Anonymousreply 204January 8, 2019 8:51 PM

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬. read the responses too. the link shows the letter.

Alex Mallin ‏Verified account @alex_mallin 4h4 hours ago

The Trump campaign is now using the Oval Office address tonight on what the administration has described as a “national security crisis” to try and raise $500k in one day —> 69 replies 209 retweets 152 likes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 8, 2019 8:59 PM

WHY do my links work everywhere but here?????

by Anonymousreply 206January 8, 2019 9:01 PM

Fixded

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 8, 2019 9:09 PM

Putty's Clown Prince will declare a national emergency, then what? Expand executive powers and dictates from there? Next he will purge the DoJ/FBI/additional intelligence services, and any government agencies standing in his way. He will if he thinks he can get away with it. It's on his mind.

by Anonymousreply 208January 8, 2019 9:11 PM

Do Miller's speeches come with stage directions on which racist dog whistling symbols to throw during the performance?

by Anonymousreply 209January 8, 2019 9:29 PM

The Trumpettes that I know had a meltdown over the 2016 conspiracy rumors that Obama was going to declare Martial Law so that he could stay president. They're oddly silent on this. (Actually, one has been posting anti-Islam stuff today.)

by Anonymousreply 210January 8, 2019 9:41 PM

Collusion by Manafort - not Trump. And Manafort isn't squealing. He's willing to sit in prison the rest of his life. But not squeal. Russian horse's head in his bed?

by Anonymousreply 211January 8, 2019 9:52 PM

Swipe left for the second part.

Geo. Conway III received this mass message from DJT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 8, 2019 9:55 PM

How many of you believe he will declare a national emergency tonight?

by Anonymousreply 213January 8, 2019 10:04 PM

That’s a good one, R202. Let’s add this:

“You gotta understand, nobody knew about vectors before.

by Anonymousreply 214January 8, 2019 10:10 PM

No attorney would deliberately produce documents with redactions that the opposite side can see through. Somebody fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 215January 8, 2019 10:12 PM

I live in Atlanta and they're running TV advertising, campaign style ads on Trump's immigration crisis. It is a disgusting stew of lies designed to scare people and motivate them to "support President Trump."

by Anonymousreply 216January 8, 2019 10:15 PM

R216 I was listening to Progressive Radio earlier and they believed all Drumpf was going to do was repeat what his campaign ads are already saying about immigration... So essentially he's using this as free campaign advertising.

by Anonymousreply 217January 8, 2019 10:25 PM

Block the troll who is claims it was Manafort collusion - not Trump. More lies from Russia.

by Anonymousreply 218January 8, 2019 10:25 PM

Steve Miller writes these speeches. If that's not bad enough, Trump could go off-script. If he does, he could get really bizzare.

by Anonymousreply 219January 8, 2019 10:32 PM

I would expect no less.

by Anonymousreply 220January 8, 2019 10:38 PM

They're saying Trump is going to visit Capitol Hill to try to stop the defections! Apparently the GOP is about "this close" from breaking away from McConnell, and the House has al ready started doing it. Poor little Kevin McCarthy! He can't hold them and had to ask his big buddy to come help.

by Anonymousreply 221January 8, 2019 10:40 PM

Christ OP, your gif is driving me fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 222January 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Nicole Wallace erupted into laughter several times throughout her show today about how ridiculous and pathetic Trump is. It’s a very entertaining watch. Complete with a typical home run delivered by Steve Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 223January 8, 2019 10:50 PM

The Wash Post says Trump will not call for a national emergency. But will make his case to build the wall.

by Anonymousreply 224January 8, 2019 10:54 PM

Haven't we heard enough of his lies behind his case to build the wall enough already? Every time he opens that ugly trap of his...

by Anonymousreply 225January 8, 2019 10:56 PM

[quote] The Wash Post says Trump will not call for a national emergency. But will make his case to build the wall.

In 8 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 226January 8, 2019 10:58 PM

I hope he has that dry mouth thing where he slurs his words and has trouble reading the teleprompter. This is a big risk given he doesn't do well reading or possibly can't read. Maybe that is why it is on a delay and not a live broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 227January 8, 2019 11:07 PM

[r164] I'm not sure whether you are referring to Trump or McConnell, but let's say both and call it a double head-er. Triple if you want to throw in Pence for good measure.

by Anonymousreply 228January 8, 2019 11:26 PM

[quote]I hope he has that dry mouth thing where he slurs his words and has trouble reading the teleprompter.

I think the Liza-speak happens when his dentures come unmoored.

by Anonymousreply 229January 8, 2019 11:38 PM

Republican Senator Lisa Murkwoski tells CNN the government shutdown should end while negotiations over the wall continue.

by Anonymousreply 230January 8, 2019 11:40 PM

I hope he has a bucket of KFC and a few Big Macs on his desk to snack on while speaking to us.

by Anonymousreply 231January 8, 2019 11:41 PM

Anyone else expecting him to go off script and declare the emergency anyway?

by Anonymousreply 232January 8, 2019 11:43 PM

His first few rants are probably going to be NO COLLUSION!!! Then he'll get to the wall.

by Anonymousreply 233January 8, 2019 11:44 PM

Someone please live post so I don't have to watch, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 234January 8, 2019 11:44 PM

Fat Russian chick indicted. Nice!

by Anonymousreply 235January 8, 2019 11:51 PM

yeah, are we going to have another "fat Donnie melting down" thread? Or just bump one of the numerous old ones?

"orange traitor belts down part MMCXLII"

by Anonymousreply 236January 8, 2019 11:52 PM

That polling data Manafort shared could be the way Russians targeted specific geographical areas and groups during the campaign. Wow. I was hoping it was tech guru Jared. Still could be of course.

by Anonymousreply 237January 8, 2019 11:56 PM

I refuse to watch the asshole. The less attention given his lies, the better. I will watch the Democrats response as they are the adults in the room who have actual solutions.

by Anonymousreply 238January 8, 2019 11:56 PM

What an idiot. A pointless national address saying the same bullshit he said at his midterm rallies. Dummy.

by Anonymousreply 239January 8, 2019 11:57 PM

Do we know how long his comments are supposed to run? I want to do the same thing as r238, just tune in to the Democratic response, and quake with terror that I might turn on the TV and see his hideous flapping face

by Anonymousreply 240January 8, 2019 11:59 PM

8 minutes, R240.

by Anonymousreply 241January 9, 2019 12:03 AM

Gerrymandering story from today. Missouri voters voted to end it, GOP state lawmakers are trying to keep it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242January 9, 2019 12:03 AM

Lawrence tribe tweeted that the Manafort mishap is evidence of collusion.

I wonder what will happen with gerrymandering in Missouri? Anyone know if the courts will get involved?

by Anonymousreply 243January 9, 2019 12:08 AM

I hope the House subpoenas the blocked number from the tower meeting call.

by Anonymousreply 244January 9, 2019 12:11 AM

r237.....Kushners time is coming.....remember Jared bragged (and was even featured on a few covers) about being the tech guru....and how he and Brad Parscale worked with Cambridge Analytica and were able to micro target specific demographics. Funny how Cambridge has dropped from the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 245January 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Really hope the phone company didn't delete the records, a routine business practice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 9, 2019 12:17 AM

Mueller must have the phone record, no?

by Anonymousreply 247January 9, 2019 12:18 AM

Swalwell today about the blocked call.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 9, 2019 12:19 AM

We need to make Lying Points happen.

He snorts Adderall, which makes the sinuses alternately dry and drippy (sniffs). Speech is often slurred when one does too much. Had a partner who did this.

by Anonymousreply 249January 9, 2019 12:19 AM

The hope is that Mueller subpoenaed the blocked call record in time. By now it seems it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 250January 9, 2019 12:20 AM

Will "Melanie" be present ce coir? Large belt cinched high under her huge rack?

Melanie's tits are probably harder and bigger than any wall we could erect.

by Anonymousreply 251January 9, 2019 12:21 AM

ce SOIR

by Anonymousreply 252January 9, 2019 12:21 AM

Damn, pieces are really coming together. I'm thinking it's a massive 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle, and we have two corners almost complete. A way to go, but we can see where this is headed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253January 9, 2019 12:22 AM

Good news on that unnamed state-owned company's appeal to the SC. Roberts failed to block Muller this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254January 9, 2019 12:24 AM

R92, yes I know it is not his personal jet, but he sure fucking acts like it is. No long explanation is necessary. It will be costing us tax dollars for his grandstanding.

by Anonymousreply 255January 9, 2019 12:30 AM

The whole point was that the Russians were working closely with "someone" here to target data they didn't just look at what Manafort gave them and then get busy. They were working with knowledgeable people here. So Jared, Bannon, Brad Parscale, Cambridge Analytica, etc. This is the first evidence there absolutely was collusion, coordination conspiracy, WTF ever. And Michael Cohen says nothing ever happened without Trump. He knew every single thing that was going on.

by Anonymousreply 256January 9, 2019 12:31 AM

[quote][R92], yes I know it is not his personal jet, but he sure fucking acts like it is. No long explanation is necessary. It will be costing us tax dollars for his grandstanding.

To think the worst GWB did was cosplay as a fighter pilot to declare Mission Accomplished!

by Anonymousreply 257January 9, 2019 12:32 AM

Nicole Wallace was indeed funny today.

by Anonymousreply 258January 9, 2019 12:34 AM

Looks like lots of Mueller news on Ari today.

by Anonymousreply 259January 9, 2019 12:39 AM

Wallace WAS hysterical today - she really IS becoming the best!

by Anonymousreply 260January 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Hope I'm pasting right. The info for the ny subpoena and relationship to collusion. No wonder trump is all The Wall! Mueller and ny have him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261January 9, 2019 12:42 AM

The characters in this crime saga are extensive. It only grows. And the Republicans in Congress have tried to deflect from them, particularly the honcho, being investigated. That has made it more disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 262January 9, 2019 12:59 AM

“More shitizens”.

by Anonymousreply 263January 9, 2019 1:03 AM

SNIIIIIIIIIF!!!!

by Anonymousreply 264January 9, 2019 1:04 AM

“Professhion-schnells” = professionals?

by Anonymousreply 265January 9, 2019 1:05 AM

His top dentures keep popping out?

by Anonymousreply 266January 9, 2019 1:05 AM

Small sniff

by Anonymousreply 267January 9, 2019 1:06 AM

Another small sniff

by Anonymousreply 268January 9, 2019 1:06 AM

“Democrats will NOT fund border security.”

by Anonymousreply 269January 9, 2019 1:07 AM

“National Shecurity”

by Anonymousreply 270January 9, 2019 1:08 AM

Once Pence is told about the evidence against him, he will be wise enough to step down. Trump has no wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 271January 9, 2019 1:11 AM

Democrats have always funded border security, especially under President Obama. Of course no one will repeat this truth.

by Anonymousreply 272January 9, 2019 1:15 AM

Those “sniffs” are a signal his diaper needs changing.

by Anonymousreply 273January 9, 2019 1:22 AM

If I say "that speech was a nothing-burger" will I sound like a Deplorable?

by Anonymousreply 274January 9, 2019 1:23 AM

Of course Nancy looked fucking RAVISHING, and Chuck was appropriately snide. Dems knocked it out of the mother fucking park.

by Anonymousreply 275January 9, 2019 1:24 AM

Oh r274, don’t even GO THERE.

by Anonymousreply 276January 9, 2019 1:24 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzz.... Asshole did not move the needle to the right. Stephen Miller failed.

Back to square one.

Pelosi looks terrific!

by Anonymousreply 277January 9, 2019 1:29 AM

Rachel made a fairly salient point that he did this because he was upset that he wasn't getting attention because the press was all about the new Democratic majority.

by Anonymousreply 278January 9, 2019 1:29 AM

I love that Rachel repeatedly says “there’s nothing new here.” Her tone was almost dismissive which is perfect for this prick. The worst thing for him is to think he can’t get a reaction.

by Anonymousreply 279January 9, 2019 1:31 AM

Didn't watch it but I assume the basic rundown is - he threw a live tantrum because he's not getting what he wanted, blamed it on the Democrats (as expected), didn't declare an Emergency and let everyone know he's still on whatever he's on.

And what did Nancy and Chuck do?

by Anonymousreply 280January 9, 2019 1:34 AM

I'll bet ANYthing that he was pissed that Pelosi and Schumer got the last word. Put him completely out of the spotlight

by Anonymousreply 281January 9, 2019 1:35 AM

Nancy and Chuck had a very dynamic response. Nancy seemed to focus more on the facts, she literally would repeat a lie, the follow it with, “but the FACT, is xxxx.”

Chuck focused more on how stupid this is. His points were perfect, mainly that we can debate this issue AND fund the government, and you don’t govern via tantrum. He closed by saying that the symbol of America should be the Statue of Liberty, NOT a fucking dumb ass wall.

Both spoke like they are talking to retards because they are.

Both also discussed how important border security is.

by Anonymousreply 282January 9, 2019 1:42 AM

Why does part of me feel like even THIS was an attempt to see how much he could get away with for the future? Bully the media into allowing him air time for free campaigning which he'll do again in the future and throw out the "emergency" thing to test out the responses at a lower level so he can gear people up for eventually declaring Martial Law.

by Anonymousreply 283January 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Meh r283. He sucked. And Chuck n Nancy had the last word.

by Anonymousreply 284January 9, 2019 1:47 AM

Snooze; sniff. Next!

Where the fuck are these indictments?

by Anonymousreply 285January 9, 2019 1:48 AM

Miss Lindsey will be making a big round of interviews tomorrow. She'll say she's pissed, and argue for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 286January 9, 2019 2:07 AM

Lawrence O’Donnell is saying that tonight’s address was merely a fundraiser for Trump’s re-election (slush) fund.

by Anonymousreply 287January 9, 2019 2:11 AM

Nicole Wallace’s show today was gold- listen to the replay tomorrow if you can #impotentwizard #WhereAreThePesos

by Anonymousreply 288January 9, 2019 2:15 AM

Holy shit AOC was intense on Rachel. I just watched while lying down and I'm feeling like the room is spinning. I mean it's powerful stuff but I'm so not used to it that I'm literally dizzy. It feels like when I'd hide in my room as a kid and hear my parents screaming at each other and the room would spin as I lay in bed closing my eyes. The intensity is off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 289January 9, 2019 2:20 AM

Trump's speech was absurd. Just the same BS he's saying at his Nazi rallies.

by Anonymousreply 290January 9, 2019 2:21 AM

R287 and he'd be right. They were running ads all afternoon here in Georgia. tagline:"Support President Trump!" he got 8 minute of free airtime essentially to appeal to his base with another stew of lies. Fuck him and fuck the networks for playing his game. They ought to be smarter by now. We really need to send the media a message and insist people boycott these Hitlerian broadcasts.

by Anonymousreply 291January 9, 2019 2:26 AM

I didn't see it (I had a work meeting)...Did he look and act as unhinged as he really is or did his handlers replace his lines of adderall with benzos?

by Anonymousreply 292January 9, 2019 2:34 AM

R292, benzos tonight.

by Anonymousreply 293January 9, 2019 2:41 AM

Hey Bitches!

Love you, too. Wanted to let you know though it's spelled Nicolle!

Keep it up and I will too!

xxoo

by Anonymousreply 294January 9, 2019 2:48 AM

Benzos AND a rail. There is no ignoring the sniffs.

He also had the dry mouth thing where he sounds Liza-esque.

by Anonymousreply 295January 9, 2019 2:48 AM

Let's all remember back in 2014 when Obama also requested airtime to discuss immigration - about actual changes that had consequences - all the stations flatly told him "no," because they said it was just being as a political strategy (nevermind they afforded Baby Bush the same as they did Drumpf).

by Anonymousreply 296January 9, 2019 2:48 AM

[quote]I'll bet ANYthing that he was pissed that Pelosi and Schumer got the last word. Put him completely out of the spotlight

And I'll bet that when they went to the networks with the ask for 10 minutes of free campaign prime time, not one person on that crack communications team imagined the networks would give response time to Nancy and Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 297January 9, 2019 2:52 AM

Can we make "Denture Donny" happen?

by Anonymousreply 298January 9, 2019 2:53 AM

August, 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 9, 2019 2:57 AM

Oh, bitch, do NOT come for my man Jim Acosta!

[quote]JIM ACOSTA, CNN: Can you promise that the president will tell the truth tonight? Will he tell the truth?

[quote]KELLYANNE CONWAY: Yes, Jim, and do you promise that you will?

[quote]ACOSTA: I will.

[quote]CONWAY: The whole truth and nothing but the truth, under God. Am I allowed to mention God to you?

[quote]ACOSTA: I don't have an 'alternative facts' problem like you do.

[quote]CONWAY: Um, no. Jim that's a cheap shot, make sure that goes viral. By the way, this is why I'm one of the only people around here who still gives you the time of day. Let me get back in your face, because you're such a smartass, and I know you want this to go viral. A lot of these people don't like you. But let me just be respectful to the media writ large, as I always am. I explained that that was alternative information and additional facts and I explained it many times. Don't you put it back in my face, for all the corrections that your network needs to issue. I was on your network 25-26 times in 2018, I'm one of the last people here who even bothered to go on. And the disrespect that you show to me personally, I'll just look past. And don't call me ma'am to make it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300January 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Wow KAC, you sure got ‘im!

by Anonymousreply 301January 9, 2019 3:04 AM

I fucking hate Kellyanne Conway.

by Anonymousreply 302January 9, 2019 3:09 AM

Instructional, with a touch of snark . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303January 9, 2019 3:15 AM

So at r196 there's a Politico story by the excellent reporter Josh Gerstein about the Supreme Court not getting into the super-mysterious subpoena fight Mueller's office has going on.

I'm reminded that Politico has also had at least two wildly wrong "opinion" pieces now on this case from an outside contributor named Nelson Cunningham. He is president of McLarty Associates, an international strategic advisory firm that says "We understand the complexities of international markets and help our clients navigate the strategic and operational challenges they face around the globe." This type of firm does not (and doesn't have to) disclose its clients.

First he explained for us all the reasons why Trump could be the defendant in the mystery case. Then he intimated Chief Justice Roberts was taking some sort of extraordinary personal interest in reviewing the defendant's appeal.

Both wrong.

Why does the head of this multinational, multi-million-dollar company with secret clients keep writing and putting out theories on this case? Why just this case? Why in Politico?

We may know someday.

by Anonymousreply 304January 9, 2019 3:43 AM

Good catch R304. Look out for suspect Nelson Cunningham bylines.

by Anonymousreply 305January 9, 2019 5:03 AM

Why is it, whenever I hear Trump spout about his "big, beautiful wall", the thing that immediately comes to mind is "Stonehenge" from This is Spinal Tap?

Anybody else?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306January 9, 2019 6:22 AM

WW x1000 R306!

by Anonymousreply 307January 9, 2019 6:30 AM

*tears* @ R306

by Anonymousreply 308January 9, 2019 7:25 AM

Why does CNN continue to be give Kellyanne interviews? After three years, they still fall for her act.

by Anonymousreply 309January 9, 2019 10:07 AM

Jon Meacham tweeted before the speech last night:

America should “build a wall of steel, a wall as high as Heaven" against the flow of immigrants.--Georgia Gov. Clifford Walker, at a 1924 convention of the Ku Klux Klan, then a powerful force at a time of strain for the white working class.

by Anonymousreply 310January 9, 2019 10:32 AM

So let me get this straight: There was no imminent danger or attack and Trump just wanted some attention and that's why he needed to get 8 minutes prime airtime? Sorry, but this is insane.

by Anonymousreply 311January 9, 2019 10:39 AM

[quote]Why does CNN continue to be give Kellyanne interviews?

you want to keep them in the limelight. If everyone stops bothering with them we would have no idea what they were up to. They may lie but we know it.

by Anonymousreply 312January 9, 2019 10:40 AM

Rod Rosenstein quit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 9, 2019 10:46 AM

R289, I finally saw why she was elected last night. Like her, hate who she plays on social media. No cutesy shit when speaking about policy.

by Anonymousreply 314January 9, 2019 10:59 AM

Well, I got chills, R313.

by Anonymousreply 315January 9, 2019 11:00 AM

Shit! Rod Rosenstein is leaving the DOJ in a few weeks.

Mueller, you have to come out with some shit very, very soon, you are running out of time.

by Anonymousreply 316January 9, 2019 11:58 AM

r313, Are you sure that Mueller quit and wasn't forced out?

by Anonymousreply 317January 9, 2019 11:59 AM

What are you talking about, R317? Mueller is still on the job and will release the information when he is ready.

So tired of the "Mueller is taking too much time, and it is ruining EVERYTHING" shit.

by Anonymousreply 318January 9, 2019 12:12 PM

R318, I think R317 meant to say Rosenstein.

by Anonymousreply 319January 9, 2019 12:23 PM

Why is Rosenstein leaving?

by Anonymousreply 320January 9, 2019 12:25 PM

I figured that out after I posted, and I combined r316 and 317 in my head. Thanks for being kind to an addled insomniac, R319

by Anonymousreply 321January 9, 2019 12:27 PM

If you were Rosenstein and you had to answer to a dumb, fat fuck like Matt Whitaker every day wouldn't you? I don't see Rosenstein resigning under duress then writing a book or giving a speech. I think he is going to some high dollar law firm and will happily fade. Plus he is probably one of those not getting paid right now. OK. I'll be the optimist. Rosenstein feels comfortable with the new attorney General designee and realizes he can finally hand the ball over to someone with intelligence who will not fuck with Mueller. I have this image in my mind of Mueller and his team in shirt sleeves with coffee cups and take-out trash all over the place i a kind of war room, with a couple of cots and a wash stand working 24/7/365, frenetically trying to get it done.The room smells of stale coffee, trash, and BO.

by Anonymousreply 322January 9, 2019 12:36 PM

Sen. Patrick Leahy:

It’s looking like “No Collusion!” may be right up there with “Mexico will pay for it!”

by Anonymousreply 323January 9, 2019 12:39 PM

r319, I did mean to post Rosenstein. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 324January 9, 2019 12:44 PM

Hasn’t Rosenstein made some comment that he knew Barr and trusted him? I have absolutely no idea why, but IIRC he said that a few weeks back. Everybody questioned if he’d lost his mind.

It’s either that or he just wants to get out of there and doesn’t give a shit what happens after he’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 325January 9, 2019 12:50 PM

A couple of things that I hope might factor in to Rosenstein's leaving:

He trusts this Barr guy that's replacing him

Dems have taken over the house and will investigate everything and will protect Mueller

He knows where Mueller is at with the investigation and maybe he's confident that the Cheetolini and his family have been nailed

by Anonymousreply 326January 9, 2019 1:02 PM

Makes you wonder why he just can’t go on until the end though. Maybe he’s hoping Chuck and Nancy are going to protect Mueller. But he’s kind of jumping the gun, isn’t he? Unless Mueller is almost done, which might not be true. They just got another six month extension.

by Anonymousreply 327January 9, 2019 1:07 PM

Lot of firsts for Denture Donny recently. First time he's visited troops. First time he's had an Oval Office address. First time he's worked Congress on Capitol Hill for legislation he wants.

What's changed in the world of this stimulus-driven, spastic homunculus?

by Anonymousreply 328January 9, 2019 1:35 PM

He has to run for re-election next year; pure PR.

by Anonymousreply 329January 9, 2019 1:40 PM

From mid-November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 9, 2019 1:41 PM

Pretty enjoyable read. Encouraging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 9, 2019 1:42 PM

"Sarah Sanders says a national emergency is "still on the table""

As if that bitch has ever left anything on a table in her life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332January 9, 2019 1:44 PM

R332 Good one!

by Anonymousreply 333January 9, 2019 1:52 PM

[quote]I have this image in my mind of Mueller and his team in shirt sleeves with coffee cups and take-out trash all over the place i a kind of war room, with a couple of cots and a wash stand working 24/7/365, frenetically trying to get it done.The room smells of stale coffee, trash, and BO.

While I am sure that Mueller and his team are working furiously around-the-clock, the shirtsleeves and trash are a fiction -- Mueller is notoriously fastidious.

by Anonymousreply 334January 9, 2019 1:56 PM

I'm going to look up "shirt sleeves" and "wash stand" now.

by Anonymousreply 335January 9, 2019 2:01 PM

R332 Jesus.

I guess her makeup artist has been shut down, too. The hillbilly is shining through.

by Anonymousreply 336January 9, 2019 2:07 PM

I would add a Hildy/Roz character for some added zip, r322.

by Anonymousreply 337January 9, 2019 2:23 PM

I fucking hate her so much. I want to slam her head against the wall repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 338January 9, 2019 2:27 PM

I hope you're right, R326. I pray you're right. Please God, listen to R326...

by Anonymousreply 339January 9, 2019 2:32 PM

More diversion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340January 9, 2019 2:37 PM

Trump cuts California off from FEMA funding because the state doesn't rake its forests. Maybe California should cut Trump off from the federal taxes the state pays.

by Anonymousreply 341January 9, 2019 2:58 PM

Oh Miz L, it's so predictable where you go, what you say, and when you say it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342January 9, 2019 3:03 PM

Linz is trying way too hard. What does Trump have on him?

by Anonymousreply 343January 9, 2019 3:07 PM

I don't think Trump has anything on our Miss Lindsay. Like Kim Jong Un, the Senatrice has decided that the way to manipulate Trump is to flatter him often and extravagantly, then withhold at key moments. It's been somewhat effective in getting Linz what he wants -- like delaying the withdrawal from Syria.

by Anonymousreply 344January 9, 2019 3:13 PM

Omg lol r332

by Anonymousreply 345January 9, 2019 3:28 PM

r344. LOL. It's not Trump who has something on Miss Lindsay. It's Vladimir Putin who has something on La Senatrice who is singing praises on Trump and cussing like a sailor nowdays.

by Anonymousreply 346January 9, 2019 3:28 PM

ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS aught to send Trump a bill for campaign advertising.

How much does a nine minute infomercial cost in prime time?

by Anonymousreply 347January 9, 2019 3:31 PM

"Aught to"?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 348January 9, 2019 3:50 PM

Oops, Grammar Cunt at r348.

Be patient, like that will fucking happen, it will take awhile.

Ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought,

Ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought, ought.

100x shall be sufficient.

And for people who place substance over style, my original, corrected post:

ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS ought to send Trump a bill for campaign advertising.

How much does a nine minute infomercial cost in prime time?

r347

by Anonymousreply 349January 9, 2019 4:07 PM

I already had R349 on block. I can now see why.

by Anonymousreply 350January 9, 2019 4:16 PM

Today's Electoral Vote page has a lot of takeaways from yesterdays happenings, so I will just link to the page instead of excerpting parts of it. The Smoke, Meet Gun section presents a good argument for collusion on part of the Trump campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351January 9, 2019 4:42 PM

I would put it past Trump to "order" an accidental wildfire in California.

He is a criminal after all.

by Anonymousreply 352January 9, 2019 4:49 PM

Trump is so concerned about human trafficking, someone needs to ask him about Trump Model Management.

by Anonymousreply 353January 9, 2019 4:51 PM

It kind of makes my heart bleed to see that his tweet has 51k likes and counting. Fuck you Deplorables and BernieBros! Karma will eventually come for your asses.

by Anonymousreply 354January 9, 2019 4:52 PM

Which tweet, R354?

by Anonymousreply 355January 9, 2019 4:54 PM

Yep, the credo of Trump Model Management was “If you look like Ivanka, Trump will want to bonk ya.”

by Anonymousreply 356January 9, 2019 5:03 PM

This hottie had the best answer:

[quote][bold]It's beyond evident you send federal money to states based on the political ideology[/bold] of their constituents. If you cannot be the president for all Americans, it's time you step down from office.

[quote]1. The fires started on federal land. 2. You, as the chief executive, are responsible for that land. 3. You cut funding from the agency responsible for that land. 4. CA is a donor state. 5. You are a terrorist. Stop holding Americans hostage over money. This is a disgrace.

Ok, DL detectives. Who is this hottie and what do we know about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357January 9, 2019 5:05 PM

Thanks R351 (Ethan) - I have to say that electoral-vote.com is probably the only site besides JoeMyGod that I read DAILY. Had it bookmarked so long the bookmark is titled "Election 2008: Presidential, Senate, and House Races Updated Daily"

by Anonymousreply 358January 9, 2019 5:15 PM

William LeGate is, like, the American version of Owen Jones but WAY cuter!

by Anonymousreply 359January 9, 2019 5:52 PM

yeah, big thanks to whoever originally linked electoral vote and Mueller, she wrote.

Excellent suggestions and I read/listen to them faithfully.

by Anonymousreply 360January 9, 2019 6:05 PM

When I hear the word "wall" I think Russian asset and idiocy. trump is not a legitimate president. His stupid fat ass has to go. He has nothing worthwhile to say, he only lies. We're a nation run be a criminal cabal.

by Anonymousreply 361January 9, 2019 6:18 PM

Putty's operatives hacked Miss Lindz Emails around 2016. At the time, Miss Lindz was an outspoken critic of Trump and entered into the '16 GOP presidential debates and primaries early. She fizzled rather quickly. She is also a war hawk, and has been eager for many years in helping to inject U.S. armed forces into conflicts abroad. Miss Lindz is a favorite of corporations profiting in the military industrial complex. As with other targets, Putty's hackers were looking for dirt to discredit the individual or to blackmail.

Who knows what secrets, if any are salacious, Miss Lindz's Emails revealed, or what other compromizing information was obtained by other means? What is evident is that Putty's hackers zeroed-in on her and gained access to her Emails and certain contacts there-in. Miss Lindz has long been bashing HRC for Email improprieties; yet Lindz ended up showing the vulnerability of her own Email.

The unproven theory goes, that DJT heard the collected dirt, confronted Miz Lindz with the information, and conveyed he would not reveal it if Miss Lindz becomes his political sychophant. Miz Lindz response was to do a 180. It has been that was since.

Lindz and Roger Stone don't like each other. Stone called Lindz fish-face. So, there's that angle.

by Anonymousreply 362January 9, 2019 7:04 PM

I wish every time they interview anyone with the GOP they would ask them if they themselves are still getting their paycheck. Hammer home that they are not affected by this mess.

by Anonymousreply 363January 9, 2019 7:09 PM

[QUOTE]The unproven theory goes, that DJT heard the collected dirt, confronted Miz Lindz with the information, and conveyed he would not reveal it if Miss Lindz becomes his political sychophant. Miz Lindz response was to do a 180. It has been that was since.

Didn't this happen during a golf game?

by Anonymousreply 364January 9, 2019 7:12 PM

Yes, Miss Lins loves to play with her putter.

by Anonymousreply 365January 9, 2019 7:20 PM

Pelosi and Schumer are speaking now. Trump walked out of their meeting.

by Anonymousreply 366January 9, 2019 7:36 PM

Sorry. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 367January 9, 2019 7:36 PM

[QUOTE]Trump walked out of their meeting.

How shocking! I thought he was supposed to be some incredible negotiator.

by Anonymousreply 368January 9, 2019 7:37 PM

The new attorney general is scary as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 369January 9, 2019 7:42 PM

Cheeto should just declare a national emergency so we can take this to the courts. National emergency and open the government while it goes through the courts.

by Anonymousreply 370January 9, 2019 7:45 PM

Okay, the thread I meant to post in is pretty dead so I'll put this here. He had another tantrum, slammed his wee hands on the desk and waddled out.

Schumer: Unfortunately ,the President just got up and walked out. He asked Speaker Pelosi, "will you agree to my wall?" She said no and he just got up and said, "then we have nothing to discuss" and he just walked out. Again, we saw a temper tantrum because he couldn't get his way, and he just wlaked out of the meeting.

by Anonymousreply 371January 9, 2019 7:51 PM

And yet Pence, McCarthy, Scalise and Nielsen are on tv claiming the Democrats are obstructionists and that THERE IS A CRISIS AT THE BORDER.....and not one reporter is calling them out.

by Anonymousreply 372January 9, 2019 7:54 PM

God, I can't wait to watch Nicolle Wallace today. Trump is a big orange CHILD with no understanding of how government works.

by Anonymousreply 373January 9, 2019 7:56 PM

Same shit, different day.

by Anonymousreply 374January 9, 2019 7:56 PM

Such blatant spin by the Republicans about the meeting. They keep saying that Trump said "If we open the government for 30 days, will you negotiate on funding for BORDER SECURITY?" but then some of them acknowledge he said "... funding for a wall?" They're trying to make it seem that Pelosi said "no funding for border security". Such bullshit. She said no money for the WALL.

by Anonymousreply 375January 9, 2019 7:57 PM

I'm in D.C. and while I myself am not furloughed, I have a ton of friends who are and they're starting to become quite worried about paying bills, mortgages, etc. It was easier during the holidays, I think, to pretend that the shutdown was just an extension of vacation (since no one even knows what day it is during that period). But it's really starting to worry and frighten them. This man is such a complete asshole for making federal government workers fear where their next meal is coming from or how they're gong to stay in their homes. I'm so livid. I keep trying to reassure them that it will hopefully be over soon but we are in such unprecedented waters, I could see Trump actually letting this go on for months, all the while repeating his lies that Democrats do not want border security.

by Anonymousreply 376January 9, 2019 8:09 PM

Wow, thanks for sharing that — especially the part about how at first it may have felt like extra vacation time, I can totally see that. It’s terrible.

People call the Dems weak, but it’s times like this where we get CLARITY — compassion, empathy, brotherhood, goodwill, kindness, charity — these qualities are essential to society, and when we don’t have them, people are affected. This is what a government devoid of these traits looks like.

Working class people are taking it up the ass, while the rich get richer. Why can’t it be Deplorables? The *only* good that can come out of it for these families is that they will become active voters from now on, complacency is a form of co-signing.

by Anonymousreply 377January 9, 2019 8:23 PM

If you can, I would recommend donating to local food banks. There are furloughed workers who are coming down to their last savings and have had to turn to those to eat. I know this is a big problem for Coast Guard families in particular.

by Anonymousreply 378January 9, 2019 8:31 PM

R378 that’s a great suggestion, but I wonder if there are specific towns where they are located? I will help, just wanting to know it’s going especially to these workers is all, though I’m grateful to help all in need.

by Anonymousreply 379January 9, 2019 8:38 PM

Trumpinski is the most narcissistic, immature, stupid, and criminal dolt who has ever hit DC. I just wonder if we'll ever get to know all the ways in which he and his Russian masters have manipulated the amoral assholes who make up the GOP. I'm sure the Rethugs all took Vlad's money, but they also probably have many digital images of them in 'compromising positions'. I'm sure that Miss Lindsay was reminded of the large variety of gentlemen callers whom she raised her hoop skirts for. This walk down memory lane probably happened while she was stroking long, hard golf clubs with the orange menace.

by Anonymousreply 380January 9, 2019 8:40 PM

I hope the Coast Guard escort Trumpinski and his whore down the river to their watery demise.

by Anonymousreply 381January 9, 2019 8:47 PM

r378 I thought they hadn't yet not received their paychecks until this Friday. So they shouldn't be into savings just yet?

by Anonymousreply 382January 9, 2019 8:48 PM

Trump is a vindictive, spiteful, jackass. He doesn’t care about the affect of the shutdown on anyone, other than himself. He’s just mad, and lashing out at friends and allies. He no doubt thinks that people are getting what they deserve, having failed him, personally. Especially since Trump had to cancel his Florida Christmas vacation - the elites must pay for this!

by Anonymousreply 383January 9, 2019 9:04 PM

He's already stated that he thinks the shutdown is mostly affecting Democrats. Probably because he associates working for the state = black people = welfare = too bad for them.

by Anonymousreply 384January 9, 2019 9:05 PM

[quote] R371: He asked Speaker Pelosi, "will you agree to my wall?" She said no and he just got up and said, "then we have nothing to discuss" and he just walked out.

More evidence that the book “The Art of the Deal” was ghost-written. Trump probably did not even bother to read it. He has no idea how to motivate people, and no clue how to get people to compromise.

by Anonymousreply 385January 9, 2019 9:09 PM

To the extent that it affects any of his followers, they are expected to suck it up as loyal martyrs.

by Anonymousreply 386January 9, 2019 9:12 PM

I felt like doing a bit of song writing today. Thought I'd share.

How do you solve a problem like Trumparrhea?

Sung to the Melody of “How do you solve a problem like Maria”

He tells a lie and rumors fly, his butt is one giant rear

He waltzes on his way to ruin and whispers in Putin’s ear

And underneath his awful coif has bald skin instead of hair.

I even heard him lie in church, while whipping up xenophobic fear

He always lies at meetings, but his petulance is real

He's always lies about everything, even about his deals

I hate to have to say it, but I very firmly feel

Trumparrhea's not an asset to the country

At his hotels he launders not just sheets but money

He’s a crook a mob boss, a ghoul.

How do you solve a problem like Trumparrhea

He’s a bigot, a criminal, and a fool

He disgraces our country and is Putin’s tool

How do you find a word that means Trumparrhea?

A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the-wisp! A clown!

A stupid idiot, a disgrace, full of baloney!

It’s time to run him out of town!

by Anonymousreply 387January 9, 2019 9:37 PM

All those fucking disgusting repubs dissembling and lying in front of the White House. They should all be goosemarched out of town! Craven fucking assholes.

by Anonymousreply 388January 9, 2019 9:40 PM

I hope he doesn't read his twitter responses...most are scathing!

by Anonymousreply 389January 9, 2019 9:45 PM

tRump never cared about the workers - he used to stiff enough of them himself as a private citizen tRump.

by Anonymousreply 390January 9, 2019 9:49 PM

Wel it's passed time to focus on the Senate. They need to withhold their votes for anything until the vote to reopen government is enacted. McConnell better figure ut that he is not the only one with power.

by Anonymousreply 391January 9, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote]I hope he doesn't read his twitter responses

No possibility of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392January 9, 2019 9:55 PM

R390 exactly. We have never had a President who openly fucked over working class people before. This is both prior to his Presidency, and now during it. Even if you despise the Obamas (and I hate you already if you do), no WAY can an anti-Obama Troll come up with any story that is in the same stratosphere as the real-life, actual/factual stories of Trump fucking workers up the ass like this. I was born during Nixon, I’m a progressive, and even with all the Rethug Presidents I hate, NOT A ONE of them or their spouses treated workers the way Trump, his whorewife, cunt daughter, retarded son, stupid son, Satanc SIL and DIL’s, etc. treat workers. They are SOB’s of the *highest* order, and this canNOT be said enough.

Let every thread being a celebration of how much they SHIT on workers!!! Why? It’s Troll disinfectant, that’s why!

by Anonymousreply 393January 9, 2019 10:03 PM

r387, very clever and very funny.

Wit and Wisdom!!!

by Anonymousreply 394January 9, 2019 10:12 PM

just a warning. The FDA is not working so I wouldn't eat any lettuces, spinach etc. because no one will tell you if it's bad.

by Anonymousreply 395January 9, 2019 10:32 PM

OMG they are telling Coast guards who aren't getting paid that they should hold a yard sale...............A YARD SALE........we have truly gone over the edge

by Anonymousreply 396January 9, 2019 10:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397January 9, 2019 10:45 PM

Know a veterinarian that supervises the processing of meat/poultry. The workers are not federal employees, but the on-site inspectors are Dept. of Agriculture employees. The person is working without paychecks. Do you want to consume food products that haven't been inspected and authorized for distribution.

A government paid veterinarian is suppose to be on duty 24/7. Most of these plants don't close anytime.

by Anonymousreply 398January 9, 2019 10:49 PM

[quote] Trump probably did not even bother to read it.

I get the impression that he's functionally illiterate. Even his tweets are just soundbites.

by Anonymousreply 399January 9, 2019 11:11 PM

There is NOTHING functional with tRump, R399.

by Anonymousreply 400January 9, 2019 11:21 PM

You’ll remember, I think it was General Mattis, who resigned, and in his resignation letter, left out all thanks, and otherwise implied that Trump was an idiot? Trump praised Mattis the first day, before reading the one-page letter. Once he read the late, he was furious and forced Mattis out, early. I think he also said that he essentially fired Mattis, though he clearly did not.

Maybe someone read the letter to him.

by Anonymousreply 401January 9, 2019 11:21 PM

And so it begins.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 10, 2019 12:08 AM

If this is in front of the Banking Committee, it's our first taste of Chairwoman Waters reclaiming her gavel.

by Anonymousreply 403January 10, 2019 12:11 AM

Is the CDC affected by the shutdown?

by Anonymousreply 404January 10, 2019 12:18 AM

r402, this is what we've been waiting 2 years for!

by Anonymousreply 405January 10, 2019 12:20 AM

So now the reports are that Trump "is assembling a crack legal team to deal with all the subpoenas by claiming executive privilege across his entire administration, thus depriving the House which has "the power of the purse" of their oversight function. Good luck with that Donnie!

by Anonymousreply 406January 10, 2019 12:21 AM

I pray this is true...

“Exclusive: Mueller Is Holding Top Secret Intelligence That Will Sink the Trump Presidency”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407January 10, 2019 12:33 AM

Pardon the boasting Fox News link, but it shows the Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans plan to do Trump's bidding and counter by attacking the investigative agencies.

Lindsey Graham, as expected, was elected Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Lindsey's first order of business is not to investigate Trump-Russia...no siree. Lindsey plans to probe with vigor the DoJ and the FBI over Trump loyalists allegations of abuse in surveillance of the Trump contingent during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408January 10, 2019 12:37 AM

Now that he's head of something maybe we'll see some compromising pictures and someone will finally come forward about his love of twinks.

by Anonymousreply 409January 10, 2019 12:41 AM

R407, does Jared still own that newspaper?

by Anonymousreply 410January 10, 2019 12:42 AM

r410....No

by Anonymousreply 411January 10, 2019 12:49 AM

Any politician who has supported Trump will find that this support will become an albatross around their necks. Or a millstone. It will haunt them that way Hillary’s vote to authorize force against Iraq haunted her. It might even be worse for Trump ‘s supporters.

But, between now and then, we’ll need to see Mueller’s report, and the House investigation, compounded by the growing delusions and instability of Trump. Once the worst of the crimes are revealed, Trump‘s support will crumble.

by Anonymousreply 412January 10, 2019 12:56 AM

Might "Let Them Hold a Yard Sale" be the "Let Them Eat Cake" of this generation?

by Anonymousreply 413January 10, 2019 1:02 AM

Graham should investigate that $800,000 his PAC received from the Russian oligarch. He won't put that on the agenda, will he?

by Anonymousreply 414January 10, 2019 1:23 AM

Rachel just said that Rosenstein would not leave until after the Mueller report is released. This hypothesis lends support to the idea that Mueller will release his report soon.

by Anonymousreply 415January 10, 2019 2:07 AM

Funny how Mueller just got a six month extension on his Grand Jury. I believe that the Rosenstein announcement is a dodge.

by Anonymousreply 416January 10, 2019 2:11 AM

R415 , it's probably important to remind everyone that a poster here has very good sources that says Mueller is definitely going to be submitting his filings in February, February!!!

by Anonymousreply 417January 10, 2019 2:21 AM

You're all going to simultaneously shit and die if Mueller does happen to release his report in February!

by Anonymousreply 418January 10, 2019 2:24 AM

R416 / R417

by Anonymousreply 419January 10, 2019 2:25 AM

I won't mind shitting, but no way am I going to die, silly!

by Anonymousreply 420January 10, 2019 2:26 AM

R416, Mueller’s non-extended term ended this week. So, he needed to extend his term in some way. Just ‘cause he asked for 6 months doesn’t mean he expected to be granted all 6 months, nor that he thinks he’ll need all 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 421January 10, 2019 2:26 AM

R419

by Anonymousreply 422January 10, 2019 2:28 AM

Has Schiff sent the transcripts of the House testimony of Don Jr et al? Mueller already had copies, but needed the official versions for citations for the report, someone here said...

by Anonymousreply 423January 10, 2019 2:28 AM

The timing of his report is just exquisite. He will presumably release it maybe in April and then there will be fights, litigation controversy and leaks and holy hell to pay for long enough to affect the 2020 re-election campaign. In fact That fucker looked so shook up and weak last night the more they keep piling on the pressure, the more likely it is he will develop a medical condition and resign.

by Anonymousreply 424January 10, 2019 2:30 AM

Delicious news...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425January 10, 2019 2:35 AM

But, everyone will surely be concerned with Lindsey Graham's investigation of Obama misdeeds instead?

by Anonymousreply 426January 10, 2019 2:35 AM

Living for that story, R425!

by Anonymousreply 427January 10, 2019 2:45 AM

"We may look back on the incredible bungle by Manafort's lawyers as some kind of beginning of some kind of end—although I believe our grandchildren may be the ones who see the actual end of some Trump scandals. It made things as clear as they had to be. At a very high level, the President* of the United States' election was facilitated by foreign gangsters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428January 10, 2019 2:52 AM

17 new lawyers at the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 10, 2019 2:54 AM

17? - Damn!

by Anonymousreply 430January 10, 2019 2:58 AM

If Kellyanne the Cunt goes down or at least gets put in the hot seat to the point where she starts panicking and naming all the names, it will be a spectacular day. She seems cowardly enough to do it too.

by Anonymousreply 431January 10, 2019 3:01 AM

My mind boggles at what the Conway residence must be like after a long day's work.

by Anonymousreply 432January 10, 2019 3:08 AM

R425, I think it’s too good to be true. BUT it would explain why the fuck Kellyanne joined Trump’s campaign in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 433January 10, 2019 3:16 AM

Repukes will not go quietly. They will lie and cheat and destroy the government if it will get them what they want, a totalitarian dictatorship where women, LGBTQ, immigrants and minorities know their place and bow down to their hateful and ignorant white overlords. The repukes will not win, but there will be a great deal of destruction and loss of life before they are obliterated.

After Mueller's report is released, if it does not finish off trump and the repukes, be prepared to take to the streets and put some heads on stakes.

by Anonymousreply 434January 10, 2019 3:38 AM

r434 Not white overlords, white CONSERVATIVE MALE (FAKE) CHRISTIAN overlords. The conservative part is THE most important as they hate white liberals with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 435January 10, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote]17 new lawyers at the White House.

Are we paying for these fuckers or are these Trump's personal lawyers?

by Anonymousreply 436January 10, 2019 4:29 AM

We're paying for them through the White House Counsels office. They'll be dealing with Executive privilege issues concerning all the subpoenas they'll be receiving from Congress.

by Anonymousreply 437January 10, 2019 4:34 AM

R435, Right you are.

by Anonymousreply 438January 10, 2019 4:52 AM

Just heard that the Secret Service isn't being paid. I say it would be a good time for a sick-out of Trump's protective detail. Stand down for the nation!

by Anonymousreply 439January 10, 2019 5:02 AM

I know I'm jumping way, far ahead, but the chips are falling against Dump and we are moving at a faster pace. But, I have a question: IF Mueller or the House investigations begin to reveal a relationship with the Dump campaign and Russia, then wouldn't it implicate both Dump and Pence?? Yes, yes.....

Then doesn't that=President Nancy Pelosi?? How does DL feel about this? A long shot, I know. So no debating that it's too far fetched, mkay?

by Anonymousreply 440January 10, 2019 5:11 AM

Are you new here, R440?

by Anonymousreply 441January 10, 2019 5:21 AM

Natascia just wants to make sure she has her facts on American politics right!

by Anonymousreply 442January 10, 2019 5:22 AM

I think Pence is more terrified of being outed, than worried about anything to do with campaign legalities.

by Anonymousreply 443January 10, 2019 5:26 AM

R440 here. No I'm not a troll. How come every time we try to venture into What's Next, we are considered a troll? So then, I am not batting for our team if I'm not keeping things under wrap. Is that the logic?

I sense Dumps ass is scared! I think Pence wants out. Mueller has the goods on both, but I'm in the camp that believes the final gavel to fall will be 10 or more years from now. So I'll rephrase the question. What will happen between then and now?

by Anonymousreply 444January 10, 2019 5:37 AM

NO one in North America is normally awake at the hours you are posting, R444.

by Anonymousreply 445January 10, 2019 9:55 AM

Is it anyone else plagued by redirects to spam sites all of a sudden?

I smell borscht and vinegar sweat.

by Anonymousreply 446January 10, 2019 10:02 AM

That’s a ridiculous statement, r445. Enough. I’m not r444 but I regularly fall asleep too early then wake up at 2:00 am and, bored out of my mind, check out DL where I sometimes post things. And I’m on Atlantic time, an hour ahead of New York, still in North America.

The troll accusing paranoia in these threads needs to stop. It’s childish and counterproductive.

by Anonymousreply 447January 10, 2019 10:03 AM

It’s an age thing. Those of us over 50 regularly wake up in the middle of the night and get online in bed to try to fall asleep again. It’s a pretty common thing with me and my contemporaries.

by Anonymousreply 448January 10, 2019 10:05 AM

Friends, must we always say “You are the Boris!” or “You are the Natasha!” when other data recliners offer bold ideas which are fresh? Let us recall in mind we are all in this together. As Americans, have we not countless times faced the greater adversities? We survived the aggressive offensive days of real Joe McCarthy. We survived when decent man the President Nixon was forced from whitehouse. We survived petty President Ronald Reagan who mongered war against country which was ally in World War Two. We will survive possible President Nancy Pelosi who is ever bleeding liberal heart. Let us fashion America great again!

by Anonymousreply 449January 10, 2019 10:20 AM

Hey R448 -

As an over 50 - 57 tomorrow in fact! - I’ll second that! I wake up at 2 or 3am routinely - and I’m usually wide awake when the sun finally comes up of a morning. It’s like I’ve turned into my parents.

I’m also on the other side of the planet - in Oz - and since the election disaster that saw the Cheeto come to power - have obsessed about what’s going on over there. When I wake up I instinctively reach for my phone to check the latest news from the US. And always check the latest on this thread - it’s strangely comforting to hear fellow DLer’s take on it all (been coming here since around ‘97 or ‘98. It’s had its ups and downs over the years - but still such a source of joy - laughs AND gossip and info that manages to be just ahead of the curve - most of the time! Love you guys!)

by Anonymousreply 450January 10, 2019 10:24 AM

Yeah, the notion that we aren't up at all hours of the night is pretty ridiculous.

To get back to the question that sparked the side discussion of our nocturnal habits, the Pelosi-as-President situation is theoretically possible. How likely it is will depend on what information Mueller and the Democrats in the House have on this despicable cesspool of lies, deception, and corruption known as the tRump administration. Thanks to Manafort's incompetent lawyers, we now know that as the head of Cheeto's campaign he was actively colluding with the Russians, providing them with confidential campaign data. Manafort is the one who got Donnie Two Scoops to pick Pence as VP. Pence was the head of the transition. So, the notion that Pence is part of the conspiracy is not necessarily that far-fetched. Can Mueller, Adam Schiff, and Jerry Nadler prove it? I guess we are about to find out.

by Anonymousreply 451January 10, 2019 10:37 AM

R450, you sound like a sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 452January 10, 2019 10:56 AM

[quote]17 new lawyers at the White House.

Rick Wilson: That makes 17 new lawyers who also have a dipshit pathological liar treasonous fuckwit for a client.

by Anonymousreply 453January 10, 2019 11:16 AM

Trump and Pence aren't going to be forced out at the same time. Trump will go first. Pence will become VP and appoint someone uncontroversial to be his VP. If Pence is forced out, new VP becomes President. There will never be a President Pelosi unless she runs directly for President.

by Anonymousreply 454January 10, 2019 11:17 AM

[quote][R407], does Jared still own that newspaper?

I don't know what r411's game is, but when Jared took the White House gig, he said he moved the Observer into the Kushner family trust. It it run now by Kushner's brother-in-law. Married to the Kushner sister that sells million-dollar condos to Chinese people by saying she'll get them a U.S. visa.

The editor of the Observer was abruptly fired in the last week or so, and they issued a statement saying the editor role would now be filled by management (the owners) . . .

(formerly called New York Observer, formerly printed and now digital only)

by Anonymousreply 455January 10, 2019 11:18 AM

[quote]Ok, DL detectives. Who is this hottie and what do we know about him?

Is this a trick question?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456January 10, 2019 11:19 AM

To see the slimy Pence lie yesterday is just disgusting, I believe he will resign first. Than Trump will finally resign in shame.

I just keep thinking that Obama said to us all, that everything would be alright, I think he knew what was coming but I wonder if he knew how long it would take?

by Anonymousreply 457January 10, 2019 11:26 AM

Oh look... influx of trolls defending trolls.

by Anonymousreply 458January 10, 2019 11:29 AM

[quote]The troll accusing paranoia in these threads needs to stop. It’s childish and counterproductive.

Yeah, because your contributions to these threads shows how productive you've been in them.

by Anonymousreply 459January 10, 2019 11:31 AM

As someone else asked, who the fuck is paying for that ginormous legal team? And, remember, those lawyers were hired to find ways to stymie requests to hand over [incriminating] information to House investigators. Using "executive privilege" is the Trump strategy to wriggle out of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 460January 10, 2019 12:20 PM

R460 - it's the final gasps of a dying man.

by Anonymousreply 461January 10, 2019 12:28 PM

R461, I would hope this ends soon, but he is a scary guy, willing to burn everything down, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 462January 10, 2019 12:35 PM

R449, nothing in that post sounds like Standard American English.

by Anonymousreply 463January 10, 2019 12:46 PM

R460, as I recall there were reports around the time McGahn left that the Special Counsel's office was desperately understaffed, etc. So the new hires are not unexpected, but clearly the WH is gearing up for a fight based on Executive Privilege when the House investigative committees come knocking on the door. Since the WH Counsel's office will be governed by what Trump insists is his right,I don't think we need to worry. Nixon fought like hell to shield his dirt under the mantle of Executive Privilege and we all know how that worked out. I just wish we had a Judge Sirica presiding over the cases when they come before the courts. He kicked ass.

by Anonymousreply 464January 10, 2019 12:59 PM

This is awesome. R449 wrote in Russian and plugged the text into an online translator which changed Dataloungers to “data recliners”:

[quote]when other data recliners offer bold ideas which are fresh?

From now on I’m a data recliner!

by Anonymousreply 465January 10, 2019 1:04 PM

But “There are no Russian trolls on this obscure and low-trafficked site!”

And their SAME OLD USUAL defenders jumping in.

by Anonymousreply 466January 10, 2019 1:25 PM

I was the one who suggested that the posting hours were suspect, but come on, R449 is CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek.

by Anonymousreply 467January 10, 2019 1:39 PM

R450, I'm surprised ... are many people in Australia following what's happening here, with Cheeto?

by Anonymousreply 468January 10, 2019 1:44 PM

[quote] I just wish we had a Judge Sirica presiding over the cases when they come before the courts. He kicked ass.

I assure you that Chief Judge Beryl Howell (who used to work for Leahy on the Senate Judiciary Committee) is no pushover. Fat Nixon's lawyers can try and tangle with her, but she's not going to take any of their nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 469January 10, 2019 1:45 PM

R467 is another troll-defending-troll

by Anonymousreply 470January 10, 2019 1:45 PM

It’s the trolls who are calling everyone else trolls.

Their only arguments, ever, are variations on “I know you are but what am I?”

by Anonymousreply 471January 10, 2019 1:52 PM

Pence sucked Rush's dick the other day on Rush's show, praising Rush for keeping the White House focused on the border wall. Hardball covered it last night, but the only link I can find is from Rush's site, so I'm not linking to it.

I can't wait for Pence to be outed as a traitor and that other thing.

by Anonymousreply 472January 10, 2019 1:53 PM

[quote] Trump and Pence aren't going to be forced out at the same time. [bold] Trump will go first. [/bold]

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

by Anonymousreply 473January 10, 2019 1:53 PM

r470 is a typical data recliner.

by Anonymousreply 474January 10, 2019 1:56 PM

[quote]I think Pence is more terrified of being outed, than worried about anything to do with campaign legalities.

Perhaps Donnie Dentures tipped him off about a fixer who could make any potential blackmailers disappear.

And perhaps that fixer had all his taped conversations confiscated by the Feds.

by Anonymousreply 475January 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Reuters:

Trump says likely to declare emergency if no deal on border wall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476January 10, 2019 2:07 PM

Pence ...blackmail... he's aware of the possibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477January 10, 2019 2:07 PM

[QUOTE]It’s the trolls who are calling everyone else trolls.

[QUOTE][R470] is a typical data recliner.

I'm actually the person who lives next door to Mueller's forensic accountant as well as the same person who was instrumental in catching the Soft Butch Sous Chef killer, living just down the street from the Donovan Hotel. So, not a troll by any stretch of the imagination.

Who are you exactly?

by Anonymousreply 478January 10, 2019 2:07 PM

[quote]Who are you exactly?

I am one of many who actually understood that r449 was tongue-in-cheek.

And thought it was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 479January 10, 2019 2:12 PM

He’s on TV now giving a presser. He’s deranged. He denies he said Mexico would pay for the wall. We have crazy town running the country.

by Anonymousreply 480January 10, 2019 2:13 PM

If you thought that was funny, you must have a very limited sense of humor, R479.

by Anonymousreply 481January 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Well of course r481, you are a dull data recliner.

by Anonymousreply 482January 10, 2019 2:14 PM

[QUOTE]dull data recliner

Repeating this dumb phrase over and over again is not going to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 483January 10, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote] Another involved a college friend of Pence’s who later sought his counsel about coming out as gay. D’Antonio said that Pence told the friend: “You have to stay closeted, you have to get help, you’re sick and you’re not my friend anymore.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484January 10, 2019 2:18 PM

[quote]Repeating this dumb phrase over and over again is not going to make it happen.

As opposed to repeatedly stating your stellar "accomplishments" on the Data Recliner?

by Anonymousreply 485January 10, 2019 2:20 PM

Is R471 even aware that its own post speaks to its own post? My guess is not.

by Anonymousreply 486January 10, 2019 2:20 PM

I think it's odd that some are so adamant about not calling out the trolls. It seems that this thread is one of the few political ones that aren't overrun with trolls so I would say we're doing something right.

Additionally, something I've noticed over the past few threads is that the troll-ier post all tend to come around the same time and in the same fashion. A post will show up that tries to sound like an average post but always with something a little "off..." it's then followed by something similar but with added concern... and then you'll have a string of off topic posts from users with no other history in these threads followed by a few posters, also with no history, "agreeing" with the trollish post.

It lasts about an hour and then they disappear through the evening.

by Anonymousreply 487January 10, 2019 2:23 PM

there will be charges and arrests for years to come dealing with this administration. Some of us won't even live long enough to see all of it.

by Anonymousreply 488January 10, 2019 2:25 PM

R480, he said he never said Mexico will pay for the wall?

Watch CNN play their tape of him at a campaign rally repeatedly saying “who will pay for the wall?” And the Deplorable crowd yells back, “Mexico!” Then he repeats it and says something like, say it louder. They’ve played it several times recently.

How can he be so stupid? There’s tape after tape of him saying it. Does he not know that? I wouldn’t be surprised if even Faux News plays them sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 489January 10, 2019 2:25 PM

Well, he never actually said they’d write a check for it. Yep, he’s crazy. And yet, his base will continue to support this crack pot. He also preferred China over the Democrats. Just like he prefers Putin and No Korea over our American intelligence. Dude is psycho.

by Anonymousreply 490January 10, 2019 2:32 PM

Trump has found that he can literally say anything, no matter how it contradicts his past statements. I think the only recourse others have to to keep replaying the contradicting tapes; keep reminding people that he has no credibility and should not be trusted to give you the correct time of day; and keep resisting.

by Anonymousreply 491January 10, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote] Well, he never actually said they’d write a check for it.

That's precisely what the deplorables are saying now: "you dumbasses didn't think he meant that Mexico was going to write a check for it., did you?"

That's kind of what "pay for it" means.

by Anonymousreply 492January 10, 2019 2:46 PM

It's a cult. Facts don't matter to them.

Unrelatedly, I wonder if Pence and Ms. Lindsey hang out ...

by Anonymousreply 493January 10, 2019 2:46 PM

As far as President Pelosi goes, first, let’s note that an empty VP position can only be filled with a majority vote of both the House and Senate. Since the Dems have a lock on the House, and the Republicans on the Senate, what I think will happen in our current situation is that the House will not agree to any Republican appointee for VP. They will prefer to leave the position open, leaving Nancy next in line.

I have not seen any evidence that Pence is implicated in anything impeachable. Even if he was, I think the Republican-led Senate will hesitate to impeach Pence, knowing that Trump is a criminal and will be impeached because the public will demand it. So, unless there is a smoking gun, Pence will become President, and the VP slot will remain open until the 2020 election.

But in theory, yes, if both Pence and Trump are impeached, we get President Pelosi. The Dens just have to hold-firm and not knuckle-under and allow the appointment of a Republican compromise candidate for VP. The Republicans showed us the way on this, when they held up Pres. Obama’s SCOTUS appointee for so many months.

by Anonymousreply 494January 10, 2019 2:47 PM

Now Trump is saying that “the Wall will pay for itself”. Of course, Walls don’t pay for themselves, and I wish the Dems would remark on how stupid that is. Walls have maintenance costs, but they don’t yield dividends.

by Anonymousreply 495January 10, 2019 2:49 PM

Fine. Now he says that he didn't mean Mexico would write a check. Now he's saying that Mexico pays for it through the revised NAFTA. People will proceed to analyze if that's true. It won't be.

Then the next lie from the cult will come, maybe like "By Mexico, we didn't mean the modern state of Mexico, dummies, we meant HISTORICAL Mexico, which includes California, which is Democratic, thus the enemy like current Mexico, and pays more into the the federal government than it gets." And we'll analyze that. On and on.

by Anonymousreply 496January 10, 2019 2:50 PM

How can he be so stupid? It's not about stupidity it's about knowing he can get away with saying he never said it and 1) Hardly anyone will fact check him and 2) His Deplorables don't care and 3) if pushed he'll hint that it's "fake news," and the "fake media" using "Hollywood magic" to put words in his mouth.

He already did it with the "Grab 'em by the pussy" comment. He claimed he never said it and it was a fake video.

by Anonymousreply 497January 10, 2019 2:50 PM

So, Manafort provided Kellyanne's polling data to the Russians? She owns the Polling Company.

Will Dana Bash ask Kellyanne to explain this rather than let her filibuster with deception and deflection and blame HRC? George, what you say?

by Anonymousreply 498January 10, 2019 3:06 PM

So the wall will pay for itself now. Pepsi machines every 6 miles?

by Anonymousreply 499January 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Advertising. Think of all the billboard space!

by Anonymousreply 500January 10, 2019 3:17 PM

Why has no, NO reporter asked him about Manafort colluding?

by Anonymousreply 501January 10, 2019 3:19 PM

FINALLY. From Lincoln's Bible on Twitter:

Dear @SpeakerPelosi @HouseDemocrats @SenSchumer @SenateDems, You are in a semantic war with a Russian asset, trained for 30+ yrs in propaganda tactics. He was also raised at the knee of mob bosses, who were the slickest liars in history. Some advice... (cont) 1. When you hang your argument on a semantic, like "We are for Border Security", he will steal it & turn it on you. His minions re-inforce this. "Border Security" is a problem for you now - as a semantic. He co-opted it in speaking to the public. So now, you're on the defensive.

2. Stop using valuable air time on cable news to triple-down on a rational argument for the semantic that you've now lost. This is not the high road. It's the boring road. And it's just giving Trump & his far right propaganda machine more content. Instead...

3. Talk about his behavior. His motivations. Talk about HIM. Call his sh*t out. Like this, "He's saying 'Border Security to all of you, but in rooms with us, he's saying 'Wall', then twisting it. He's a liar. He's a baby. He's having a fit because...

4. "...Ann Coulter & Rush Limbaugh OWN him. And American workers are paying for it. When the market starts reacting, he's going to hurt even more people & our economy. Because "THE WALL" is his toy. He even makes fake tv posters out of it, like this is some show he's putting on.

5. "...Well, you can't help people or protect this nation with a fake poster. You can't put food on people's tables with tweets. Open the government." This puts him back on the defensive & he melts down when he is. He is a bad at it. Knock him back on his heels & hold him there.

6. Stop collapsing zingers with red meat. You need zingers. They are not the low road, they are the dirt that buries people on it. Example: "We were all patient with him in the beginning, because he'd never worked in government before. Well, he's been here TWO YEARS...

7. "...And all he's learned how to do is pour millions of tax payer dollars into his properties, concoct cover stories for bone saw regimes, and make fake posters. Open the government."

8. Here's another one: "He wants to declare a national emergency & take this to the courts? Fine. Let him use the military to seize property. Let him set that precedent. When we have the White House, we'll use it for the real national emergencies like climate change and guns...

9. "... Open the government." Get it? Good. Use the air time wisely, please. You're in a propaganda war, whether you like it or not. Fight.

CODA. Almost forgot. If you're going to coordinate messaging around a semantic, NEVER do so without defining it. Example: I have yet to hear the list of things that make up your definition of "Border Security." If you had listed them, he would've been forced to cling to "Wall".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502January 10, 2019 3:25 PM

Whoa, R502, that was excellent.

I was so angry when I heard Pence saying that Trump asked Pelosi for "border security" and that she refused. Trump asked for "a wall" and she said no. Then all the other Republicans who spoke in front of the White House yesterday started saying the same thing, but Scalise slipped up and said "wall" in reference to Trump's question to Pelosi, before correcting himself and saying "border security."

Sometimes I wish people would just carry audio recording pens like Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 503January 10, 2019 3:30 PM

And this.

I agree with one of the tweets saying that a crippled FBI isn't a bug in the shutdown--it is a feature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 10, 2019 3:39 PM

"Inability to function at FBI would be a dream come true for DJT. Shutdown will never end. Permanent shutdown. No more government. No more courts."

Trump won, with Russian help, by telling every lie under the Sun. I wouldn't be surprised if the shutdown isn't a shrewd calculation to cause as much disruption, as possible, to the U.S.

I don't think Putin has a plan beyond that, and to seize any opportunity the chaos creates by division. A concept straight out of 'the Art of War'. Furthermore, Mussolini once said, something to the effect of, 'entering Parliament, to use the resources of democracy against, democracy itself'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 10, 2019 4:02 PM

R505 I honestly don't think DJT is that smart or calculating. Either way he is losing.

R464 I think you meant the White Council not the Special Council was understaffed. Anyone who defends this clown is a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 506January 10, 2019 4:09 PM

The word is COUNSEL.

by Anonymousreply 507January 10, 2019 4:10 PM

[quote]'entering Parliament, to use the resources of democracy against, democracy itself'.

Sociopathic tactic. Using a person's weakness (empathy, love, honor, respect, decorum) against them.

Vile creatures, especially the enablers turning a blind eye. I'm heartened by the Midterm election results, and hopeful that enough voters now know understand the con.

by Anonymousreply 508January 10, 2019 4:12 PM

R502, I hope you don't work in P.R. Your shit is weak.

Me, if I were looking for someone to write sound bites for Democrats, I'd go after Aaron Sorkin. If he can do it for Jeb Barlett, he can do it for us.

by Anonymousreply 509January 10, 2019 5:28 PM

What exactly was weak about the points in R502, R509? Please elucidate that for us. Thrill us with your acumen. I encountered several points in that tweet thread that I wish the Democrats would make in their responses.

The GOP is coordinates their messaging to the hilt - why can't the Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 510January 10, 2019 5:44 PM

[quote]he said he never said Mexico will pay for the wall

David Frum: "When I said I would make America great again, obviously I did not literally mean 'America.' "

by Anonymousreply 511January 10, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote]When I said I would make America great again, obviously I did not literally mean 'America.'

Lord knows he didn't mean "great".

by Anonymousreply 512January 10, 2019 6:40 PM

When I said I would make America great again I meant Hillary would...

by Anonymousreply 513January 10, 2019 6:42 PM

When I said "make" it was more like a Hamburger Helper situation.

by Anonymousreply 514January 10, 2019 7:05 PM

R468 - I have lots of friends here in Oz who also obsess over what’s going on in the US right now. They’re all smart and well read and interested in history and politics - and so of course what’s happening there is a big deal. It gets quite a bit if coverage on the nightly news here as well - especially the crazy stuff! - and now, we can all get up to the minute, as it happened news from sites all over the world on our smartphones - which helps feed the obsession!

But I also have many friends who just aren’t that interested in politics and to whom the whole thing is a bore - and even if it wasn’t they feel there’s no point worrying as they can’t do anything about it, etc. - and I imagine this is much the same everywhere. Even in the US itself.

And many friends are only interested in our own political shenanigans - they feel they have a stake in that - and can see directly how our own government’s policies affect us - and they can at least vote and make a difference here.

For what it’s worth - we’ve had five wasted years of a useless, talentless, colourless right wing government whose days are surely numbered. I look at the photos and see the diversity in your newly elected house - and it gives me hope of something similar in our future here. The left leaning labor party has reached forty something percent in the women/men ratio - and it needs to be higher still! It’s gradually getting there. And there are more representatives from different cultural backgrounds, different professional experience too. So sick of grey, middle aged, white, straight men in bad suits with banking and law backgrounds running the show. Their concerns do not reflect that if the wider electorate and we desperately need change. Fingers crossed they get trounced at the ballot boxes sometime in the first half of 2019.

Anyway - sorry for the diversion! Now back to what’s happening there...

by Anonymousreply 515January 10, 2019 7:09 PM

Breaking on CNN — Cohen is going to testify publicly before Congress!

by Anonymousreply 516January 10, 2019 7:17 PM

February sweeps gonna be BIG this year!

by Anonymousreply 517January 10, 2019 7:40 PM

I read the 7th

by Anonymousreply 518January 10, 2019 7:48 PM

Thanks, R518. I misheard.

[quote]An attorney for Michael Cohen, Lanny Davis, released a statement this afternoon from Cohen following the announcement that Cohen is scheduled to appear before the House oversight committee on Feb 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 10, 2019 7:52 PM

CNN's Josh Campbell:

Why the Michael Cohen hearing will be unlike anything we’ve seen in recent memory: He’s a witness essentially unencumbered by personal legal jeopardy (he’s already going to jail) and he will not have to respect classification restraints (he doesn’t work for the govt). Buckle up!

by Anonymousreply 520January 10, 2019 8:43 PM

Trump tells Lindsey 'no' on his proposal to end the government shutdown. Lindsey says he's depressed. But he didn't say he's pissed and did not cuss. Have another Kavanaugh rage moment, Lindsey; that will get attention.

Trump listens to Steve Miller and Sean Hannity. Lindsey must be a usful tool.

Meanwhile, McTurtle ain't talking much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 10, 2019 8:45 PM

^useful

by Anonymousreply 522January 10, 2019 8:47 PM

hot damn! I cannot wait to watch Cohen spill his guts!

by Anonymousreply 523January 10, 2019 8:48 PM

I’d love to be in the WH when Cohen testifies. A sea of calmness and serenity.

by Anonymousreply 524January 10, 2019 8:56 PM

ny resignations between now and then, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 525January 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Thanks for the updates from down under, R515. I sometimes wonder what people in other countries think of us now. I have friends in Canada who simply cannot believe trump was elected. They think he and his supporters are crazy. So do I. Canadians had their day with Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, a drug addicted obese alcoholic. Another creep.

by Anonymousreply 526January 10, 2019 9:04 PM

R526 - as far as what people in other counties think of ‘Americans’ - it’s impossible to generalise.

Certainly I see many people simply eye- rolling whenever trump and the US are mentioned - but most people with half a brain know it’s more nuanced than that: there are over three hundred million of you after all - and you have the best and worst of everything there.

Just as most Aussies hope we’re not judged on the attention-getting exploits of some few appalling racist, homophobic, conservative politicians here - I hope most of us realise there’s more to America than trump and his followers.

Besides - you have to take into account the great affection that American pop culture is held - your music, tv & movies still dominate the culture. And the Americans I’ve met traveling here are usually great! - but then the American people who travel the far flung outposts of the world aren’t representative of the kind of inward-looking demographic that we’re likely to vote for the Cheeto - at least whenever I’ve discussed it with them - they were just as appalled and unhappy about him and his antics as we are...

by Anonymousreply 527January 10, 2019 9:15 PM

True, R527, many countries around the world are having their own troubles with nationalist movements. I live in one of the most left-leaning, ethnically and culturally diverse part of the US. I wish those who fear others could visit for a while and see there is nothing to be afraid of. Well, I guess they do, and they stay. That's how we got so diverse. Duh.

Thanks for the kind words about American arts and culture. There is a lot of creativity and innovation here. There is a also a significant Mexican influence on our food and culture. If Mexico hadn't ceded lands to the US in 1848, California, Nevada, Utah, most of Arizona, about half of New Mexico, and parts of other states would still be in Mexico. Where I live in Northern California many cities and places of interest have Spanish names. Of course trump doesn't know any of that, he's an idiot. He just threatened to cut off funding to help with the rebuilding after our recent devastating forest fires. He knows we don't like him, petty fool. I guess we should have raked our 9 million acres of forest better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 10, 2019 9:39 PM

Forgot to say the map above shows the parts of the US that were once part of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 529January 10, 2019 9:40 PM

Fox News is now getting their feed from you know where...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 10, 2019 9:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531January 10, 2019 9:45 PM

Fuck you, Lindsey Graham, you closeted piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 532January 10, 2019 9:56 PM

WTF is going on with our Miss Lindsey? I have rarely seen anyone do such a complete turn. And for someone whose ship is sinking.

by Anonymousreply 533January 10, 2019 9:58 PM

So Lindsey said this after the Cohen testimony was announced.

by Anonymousreply 534January 10, 2019 10:02 PM

Michael Cohen is a dead man walking.

by Anonymousreply 535January 10, 2019 10:02 PM

R533, shut it. How would you feel if photos of you bent over and being spit roasted by some very dark men were threatening to cloud the very masculine perception the world has of you?

by Anonymousreply 536January 10, 2019 10:03 PM

Why is McConnell allowed to block everything and not questioned?

by Anonymousreply 537January 10, 2019 10:08 PM

Miss Lindsey must have some bad shit hidden which will come out of Trump goes down. That is the reason he has been so vocal I think.,

by Anonymousreply 538January 10, 2019 10:13 PM

r537....because they are all beholden to the same overlords....the GOP in reality is another criminal enterprise.

by Anonymousreply 539January 10, 2019 10:15 PM

Who the hell wants to wait until February 7th for Cohen to meet with congress?

by Anonymousreply 540January 10, 2019 10:26 PM

I think R487 is on to something. I also notice that there aren't really "trolly" posts throughout much of the day.

by Anonymousreply 541January 10, 2019 10:26 PM

I hope Cohen can keep himself away from any open windows until Feb 7.

by Anonymousreply 542January 10, 2019 10:28 PM

So, I'm reading that Judge Napolitano has been truth-telling about Trump on Fox - that declaring a national emergency would be unconstitutional, that Trump may be facing criminal charges, etc... What's up with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543January 10, 2019 10:36 PM

David Corn is on MSNBC is saying that Cohen's Feb. 7th public testimony might be limited by Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 544January 10, 2019 10:39 PM

Napolitano has also said there is evidence of Trumps conspiracy with Russia....so the tide is starting to change.

by Anonymousreply 545January 10, 2019 10:40 PM

R545 what are his claims based on?

by Anonymousreply 546January 10, 2019 10:41 PM

[quote]what are his claims based on?

Eyesight and hearing?

by Anonymousreply 547January 10, 2019 10:43 PM

Jill Wine-Banks, Barbara McQuade, and Joyce Vance, don't hold back in explaining the alledged criminal behavior of Putty's Clown Prince. He must have fits when he sees them on TV.

by Anonymousreply 548January 10, 2019 10:44 PM

Ah, so again, just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 549January 10, 2019 10:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550January 10, 2019 10:53 PM

Jeffrey Toobin just said Trump saying, “Mexico will pay for the wall” through some sort of trade deal, was “an incredible, total lie.”

Who would think five years ago that mainstream, formerly moderate news media would call the President of the United States a liar and nobody would blink an eye, because the President has lied so many times that it would be shocking if he actually told the truth for a change.

by Anonymousreply 551January 10, 2019 10:53 PM

If tRump were to ever tell the truth, I am convinced the Earth would break free of the Sun's gravitational pull and we would be free floating through the solar system to ultimately smash into Pluto.

by Anonymousreply 552January 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle, Junior Mints' girlfriend, is declaring Ivanka an inspiration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553January 10, 2019 11:03 PM

I'm reminded of another posts that referred to her as Kimberly Gargoyle.

by Anonymousreply 554January 10, 2019 11:08 PM

[QUOTE] Pence will become VP and appoint someone uncontroversial to be his VP.

One small catch, of which I was not aware until recently, is that the Democratic House must approve a replacement Veep. The position remains vacant until they say so.

by Anonymousreply 555January 10, 2019 11:09 PM

Didn't Jr. Mint's soon to be ex-wife hire a Criminal Attorney?

by Anonymousreply 556January 10, 2019 11:10 PM

R553 so does that mean Jr. makes her dress up like Ivanka while he fucks her?

by Anonymousreply 557January 10, 2019 11:11 PM

Or he just takes dad's sloppy seconds, if dad can still get it up.

by Anonymousreply 558January 10, 2019 11:14 PM

Or maybe Bone Spurs just watches while Jr. and Vanka pee the bed together.

by Anonymousreply 559January 10, 2019 11:16 PM

At the same time Trump was giving his address on the 'wall' Tuesday night, Stormy Daniels was being watched on live Instagram, by 100,000+, folding her laundry in her underwear. They finished near the same time.

Just a detail to share.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560January 10, 2019 11:21 PM

Wish I would have known about it earlier, R560 I would have directed everyone to that instead.

by Anonymousreply 561January 10, 2019 11:22 PM

That's complicated r559.

So junior had a reputation for getting drunk and peeing in his sleep, presumably in bed a few as a young adult...

Oh my. Where does it lead.

by Anonymousreply 562January 10, 2019 11:22 PM

So what you're saying R562 is that little Donnie Junior has spent his entire life just trying to please Daddy?

by Anonymousreply 563January 10, 2019 11:31 PM

I'd bet Ivanka has one huge bladder.

by Anonymousreply 564January 10, 2019 11:31 PM

I had forgotten that Vanessa hired a Criminal Attorney for her Divorce. I wonder if she's already gone and run to Mueller?

by Anonymousreply 565January 10, 2019 11:33 PM

I’m leaning toward yes on that r565.

by Anonymousreply 566January 10, 2019 11:38 PM

I wish CNN would call it like it is. Dump LIES. His remarks are not “misleading”. He is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 567January 10, 2019 11:50 PM

He’ll declare the emergency unleashing a torrent of lawsuits. It’ll get gummed up in the courts and he will save total face amongst his base. They will be re-energized to vote for him in 20/20.

This is how he wins re-election.

by Anonymousreply 568January 10, 2019 11:54 PM

Yup, at this point there is no reason for any of the media outlets to outright call him a liar.

by Anonymousreply 569January 10, 2019 11:55 PM

HA!!!! We’ll see r568. You’re assuming a lot there, like we won’t fight back or that we’ve given up or that we’ll let him drive the narrative. Ain’t gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 570January 10, 2019 11:56 PM

*not call him a liar.

by Anonymousreply 571January 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Also, now that it’s out in the table that he’s a Russian asset, Dem responses will be adjusted accordingly. They had a harder time when this wasn’t “named.” Now that we all understand we are dealing with Russian KGB propaganda fuckery, we can respond correctly.

by Anonymousreply 572January 10, 2019 11:58 PM

[quote] Now that we all understand

Who is this WE you speak of?

by Anonymousreply 573January 11, 2019 12:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 11, 2019 12:13 AM

I know she's a Rethug but I find her useful for now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 11, 2019 12:14 AM

Yes, useful and quite entertaining r575. For now.

by Anonymousreply 576January 11, 2019 12:16 AM

r575...not only is that old news....something everyones known as well as the date of your article....but now that the House is Democrats, it has no snoballs chance in hell of happening. That was also one of Paul Ryans ultimate goals, and one would think that if they really wanted it, they would have made it happen in the past two years while they had complete control.

by Anonymousreply 577January 11, 2019 12:18 AM

“We” are your enemy, bitch @ r573.

by Anonymousreply 578January 11, 2019 12:18 AM

^^^^^^sorry....r577 was for r574 ^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 579January 11, 2019 12:19 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 11, 2019 12:29 AM

Mitch needs a turtlerectomy.

by Anonymousreply 581January 11, 2019 12:56 AM

We all need a turtlerectomy

by Anonymousreply 582January 11, 2019 2:01 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583January 11, 2019 2:05 AM

Trump says go through that wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584January 11, 2019 2:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585January 11, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote] This is how he wins re-election.

Good lord. They generally don't let people run for President of the United States once they are incarcerated in a federal prison.

by Anonymousreply 586January 11, 2019 2:41 AM

technically, I'm not sure they don't r586. Wasn't there a mayor of Boston re-elected in prison? Not that I think that's the same, but still, not sure there is actually a rule.

by Anonymousreply 587January 11, 2019 2:44 AM

Eyeroll. No, there's no rule -- nor did I say there was. Lighten up. This was tongue-in-cheek -- not a legal opinion. Plus, as insane as the GOP is for tRump do you honestly think they would let him be on the ballot if he had been convicted? Don't answer that.

by Anonymousreply 588January 11, 2019 2:56 AM

yes r588, was not serious either. can you calm down a little too?

by Anonymousreply 589January 11, 2019 2:59 AM

I know it's not popular here, but as the threat is drawing to a close, I'm going to remind everyone that the Democratic nominee in the fall of 2016 had high unfavorable numbers. I can't see him getting that lucky twice, even with Elizabeth Warren.

by Anonymousreply 590January 11, 2019 3:06 AM

Thanks R502 for the link. I knew he was corrupt but this shit is unreal how widespread and for how long he’s gotten away. I wonder if he’s made a deal.

by Anonymousreply 591January 11, 2019 3:08 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592January 11, 2019 3:11 AM

Luck had nothing to do with it R590. Read some of the threads the Twitter account at R502’s link. His win was orchestrated.

by Anonymousreply 593January 11, 2019 3:12 AM

Sure, R90 and we'll remind you, the candidate with "unfavorable" numbers beat him by 3 Million popular votes and "lost" by less than 75,000 votes thanks to Russia, Gerrymandering, and voter suppression... so he doesn't need to get "lucky" as long as he has Russia and the Rethugs helping him cheat. But thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 594January 11, 2019 3:13 AM

yeah, I get ya, r594, but next time, maybe not the moral victory. maybe the victory.

by Anonymousreply 595January 11, 2019 3:15 AM

No, you still don't get it, R595.

by Anonymousreply 596January 11, 2019 3:20 AM

I'd guess R595 gets it just fine and knows exactly why he's saying what he's saying. There's probably a reason its contributions to this thread are less than 5 and only to basically post what it did.

by Anonymousreply 597January 11, 2019 3:21 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598January 11, 2019 3:22 AM

Closing this thread out.

by Anonymousreply 599January 11, 2019 3:22 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 11, 2019 3:22 AM

I do, r596, I am sad, but I get it. No more noble non-victories would be a great thing.

Like, ya know, 2018.

by Anonymousreply 601January 11, 2019 3:22 AM

Again, sure troll.

by Anonymousreply 602January 11, 2019 3:47 AM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603January 11, 2019 4:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!