Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part II of the "Harry and that gurl, Meghan, are quitting London and Kensington Palace for THIS" thread

Do we want to continue this conversation?

The last thread was full.

So many people with so many (very interesting) opinions.

It's going to take A LOT of work and (tax payers money) to make this shithole look like a Royal abode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604November 30, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote]Reports say that the Sussexes plan to to turn the cottage into a five-bedroom home with room for a live-in nanny. A Kensington Palace spokesperson said that all substantial building work is funded by the Sovereign Grant - which is ultimately funded by ordinary taxpayers, the Mail Online reports.

[quote]But it is understood that any decorative work inside the cottage will be paid for by Harry and Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2018 4:51 PM

From some angles, it doesn't look very big.

They may be in for a surprise...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2018 4:59 PM

Link to previous thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2018 5:01 PM

The Windsor castle grounds are open every day. There are photos of people standing at the gate of Frog Cot. That will all need to be blocked off now.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2018 5:01 PM

I read somewhere the property lies within the security zone. Neither Frogmore House nor Queen Victoria’s mausoleum are typically open to the public and those sites are within the security zone as well.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2018 5:16 PM

[quote]R89 Compared to everyone else's "country houses,' I think that Harry and Meghan damned well SHOULD have been given the HOUSE and not the cottage.

It's racism at its WORST to shove Meghan away in a froggy cottage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2018 5:21 PM

What. A. Dump.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2018 5:30 PM

correct r5 tourists can't enter the mausoleum but they can walk right up to the gate of Frog Cot. There was a video posted in the first thread of people wandering the grounds and they are shown *at the gate*. This is the same view that's posted in the DM; the gate is in the side yard but not far from the front door.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2018 5:44 PM

I read that W&K's kids are very limited play area-wise at KP. There's very little garden space. In many ways The Queen should get the hell out of Buckingham Palace at her age and let the younger ones move in. They have grounds there the size of a London park.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2018 5:51 PM

R9 - the kids have Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park right next door. Gasp, they have to share it with the public but there's still plenty of space to roam around. Their Spanish nanny often takes them to the park and the photographers are warned not to take pictures. Of course, there's always one or two paparazzi who don't play by the rules but for the most part, they're left alone.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2018 6:03 PM

[quote]r10 W&K's kids are very limited play area-wise at KP....The Queen should get the hell out of Buckingham Palace at her age and let the younger ones move in.

Child Services needs to be called in.

LOCK 'ER UP!

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2018 6:04 PM

Victoria and Albert's mausoleum at Frogmore is generally open to the public, but it's been closed for years for restoration.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote] In many ways The Queen should get the hell out of Buckingham Palace at her age and let the younger ones move in.

You just don't get it. The point for even HAVING a Buckingham Palace in the first place is that it's the palace in which the sovereign resides in the capital city.

Harry and Meghan don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. All he is, ultimately, is the younger son of the current heir to the throne, and all she is, ultimately, is the younger son's wife. Harry will never rule himself, nor will his children. They all are simply minor royals, no matter how popular they are right now.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2018 6:10 PM

From the end of the other thread:

[quote] Which is pretty much everything. She will probably wear that Tiara to the Queens funeral After party.

Again, almost certainly not.

Charles and Camilla get control of the collection of royal tiaras after the queen dies, and then William and Kate do.

Harry and Meghan never do.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2018 6:12 PM

There was an official letter sent out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2018 6:23 PM

"...and they are grateful that they got a residence at all because their performances as royals have been a bit shit, let's be honest."

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2018 6:29 PM

[quote]The Queen should get the hell out of Buckingham Palace at her age and let the younger ones move in.

Why would the Queen have to move out for William and Kate to move in? Surely Buckingham Palace is big enough for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote]r13 Harry and Meghan don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. All he is, ultimately, is the younger son of the current heir to the throne, and all she is, ultimately, is the younger son's wife.

You just keep whistling that when the Revolution hits.

It's already building.

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2018 6:36 PM

So many American DLer's with nothing interesting going on in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2018 6:39 PM

R19 Do share the fascinating philosophical DL threads you've contributed on today. Please.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2018 7:13 PM

Why don't you get back to your interesting life, R19? Why are you even here?

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2018 7:24 PM

Well, with a multi million pound budget for the reno, here's hoping they give the place a new exterior facade as well.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2018 8:09 PM

I wonder if Megs will have it photographed for one of those magazines.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]r23 I wonder if Megs will have it photographed for one of those magazines.

The Public will demand it. We Britts are fascinated with the new People's Princess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2018 8:22 PM

Courtesy of Wikipedia on the Frogmore Estate: "The name derives from the preponderance of frogs which have always lived in this low-lying and marshy area near the River Thames."

Am I the only one reading between the glossy realtor bullshit and coughing "it's swamp land" over my shoulder? So they're moving to a rack-shambled multi-family dwelling on some prettified landscaping that's located in a veritable swamp? --Directly under Heathrow's flight path approach for God's sake! Yeah, suuuuuuure they "chose" this property...

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]r25 Am I the only one reading between the glossy realtor bullshit and coughing "it's swamp land" over my shoulder?

A moist climate is wonderful for the skin.

Camilla might try it.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2018 8:29 PM

For those of you saying that H&M are moving to the country by moving to Windsor, they most certainly are not. They are just on the other side of Heathrow, just barely out of the M25. Windsor and surrounds are decidedly suburban. It's a suburbia that does not bear much resemblance to US suburbia as it is much older and more established, but it is suburbia nonetheless.

The English countryside is something else entirely. They aren't terribly far away from it in Windsor, but they're barely countryside adjacent there.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2018 9:37 PM

R24, drugs are bad.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2018 9:39 PM

A 1.4 million dollar renovation is hardly going to create shack.An the place was renovated in the eighties

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2018 10:06 PM

Someone on another thread already posted the planning application document.

Clearly not a complete renovation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2018 10:11 PM

Frogmore Cottage will become the new epicenter for theater, arts and letters, where Harry and Meghan will host glittering salons for Great Thinkers and [italic]Artistes[/italic].

From there they will plan their takeover.

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2018 10:16 PM

R31 You jest but these very thoughts are swirling through her head. It shall SOHO South. SOHOS.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2018 10:23 PM

That totally made my evening R32. W/W for you!

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote]r32 You jest but these very thoughts are swirling through her head. It shall be SOHO South. SOHOS.

I predict their followers will be known as The Frogs.

They will drag all other Royals from Buckingham and Kensington Palaces, and FROG MARCH them through the streets.

Then H&M shall reign over a nation of perfect peace and happiness.

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2018 10:39 PM

Sweet, some of the thinking here. So far of the mark. Obviously most here have been educated by The Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2018 10:58 PM

Typo ... off

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2018 10:59 PM

HAAAAAAAAARRY...........HAAAAAAAAAARRY........

Check for loose floor boards throughout, my darling Henry. There is a secret wall panel in one of the larger bedrooms - PUSH! One of the steps on the staircase is slightly giggly - pry the board away from the frame. In the cellar, you'll find a brick wall marked by a painted red dot at the upper right - pull it down, my child! In the attic you'll see a huge empty chest - lift the bottom out, my love. Finally, get yourself a shovel and take 45 paces exactly north east from the rear door and dig, Harry, DIG! A treasure trove of Royal proportions awaits you, dearest boy. No one ever came to visit me whilst I lived here, so they didn't know that I actually ran an Antique Shoppe with all the shit I grifted from the Aristocracy my whole life. It's all yours, my boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2018 11:22 PM

[quote] You just don't get it. The point for even HAVING a Buckingham Palace in the first place is that it's the palace in which the sovereign resides in the capital city. Harry and Meghan don't matter at all in the grand scheme of things. All he is, ultimately, is the younger son of the current heir to the throne, and all she is, ultimately, is the younger son's wife. Harry will never rule himself, nor will his children. They all are simply minor royals, no matter how popular they are right now.

YOU are the one who doesn't get it. The Queen spends as little time as possible at Buckingham Palace. It's an absolute dump that is full of mice and hasn't had any modernization done since 1950. She and Prince Phillip prefer to spend most of their time at Windsor Castle. It's her favorite place amongst all her homes. That's why she spends Thursday night through Monday morning at Windsor Castle. And no Harry will never rule. Neither will Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William or any other British royal family members. Queen Elizabeth reigns. She does not and will not ever RULE anything. Those are two TOTALLY SEPARATE things. You would behoove yourself to google those words

by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2018 11:30 PM

[QUOTE]r35 Sweet, some of the thinking here. So far of the mark. Obviously most here have been educated by The Enquirer.

At least we can spell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2018 11:36 PM

R37 - Absolutely riotous!

For awhile there, though, what with the loose floor boards, I thought perhaps Great-Great-Gran was giving Harry instructions on how to free himself of the albatross he was foolish enough to sling about his neck - and the necks of his relations.

After all, it worked for Lord Robert Dudley.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote] It would behoove yourself...

To block you forever?

DONE

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2018 12:55 AM

I worked as an interior designer. But I wouldn't help Harry and his whore renovate this shack if Liz herself got down on her knees and begged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2018 1:08 AM

awesome @ r37.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2018 1:14 AM

Do saggy cheeks run in that family?

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2018 1:24 AM

[quote]r42 I worked as an interior designer. But I wouldn't help Harry and his whore renovate this shack if Liz herself got down on her knees and begged. - PrinCESS Michael of Kent, stroking her Sherwin Williams brooch

You'd just fill it with glitzy drapery and cartloads of atrocious blackamoor pieces, anyway.

[italic]WE SEE YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote] Am I the only one reading between the glossy realtor bullshit and coughing "it's swamp land" over my shoulder? So they're moving to a rack-shambled multi-family dwelling on some prettified landscaping that's located in a veritable swamp? --Directly under Heathrow's flight path approach for God's sake! Yeah, suuuuuuure they "chose" this property...

It's what they're going to give Megan to live in after the divorce, they must see it coming. Diana ended up with that huge Kensington Palace apartment and they can't have that again.

The monarchy will be officially hosted and some of its offices will be located in Buckingham Palace. Charles will remain in Clarence House after the Buckingham Palace renovations are completed, which will take years. I doubt that after the Queen dies any British monarch will ever really live in Buckingham Palace again. The public will have greater access, I guess there's that, but something will be lost.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2018 1:58 AM

I don't think Charles or any member of the Royal Family is going to do anything that lessens the monarchy. Maybe downsizing the number of free loaders is smart but doing anything that diminishes the importance of the monarchy (vacating Buckingham Palace as the official residence) would send a message that the monarchy isn't important enough to sustain. Charles may dislike BP but I bet he still moves in.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2018 2:25 AM

As the Sugary scribe who wrote about W&K's "limited play area", it is a good thing they get to helicopter to Anmer Hall, their country estate where there is play area galore!

Two parking lots are planned to be put in at Frogmore Cottage, so perhaps Baby S can frolic a bit away from the residence proper, more towards the mausoleum, lest he/she risk getting bashed by a car, like poor Guy.

Will and Kate also have her parents' estate in Bucklebury, where play area is likewise not limited.

The Sussexes have Frogmore. Soho House and its ultra chic pinterest-y converted cow sheds are very cozy for a kid, but I don't know about play areas that are G-rated.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2018 2:35 AM

[quote]r48 The Sussexes have Frogmore. Soho House and its ultra chic pinterest-y converted cow sheds are very cozy for a kid, but I don't know about play areas that are G-rated.

They will certainly need play areas out of earshot of the sex parties.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2018 2:37 AM

R47, here's the thing. Today Richard Palmer revealed that at the time of the expensive KP renovation, William signed an undertaking that he would remain at KP even after Charles becomes king. Clarence House is a beautiful place, much more so than Buckingham Palace. Is he going to move to BP and leave CP empty? Will has promised to stay put. CP will not be designated for Harry and Meghan no matter how their fans fantasize. Charles is comfortable there. BP is supposedly impossible and no monarchs were happy about moving in. Maybe he'll be the one to say fuck it, I'm staying at CP but of course BP is there as offices, reception, events, guest quarters, etc.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2018 2:38 AM

I want to get DP'd by BBC at both BP and CP.

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2018 2:42 AM

We'll have to see what Charles and Camilla do when the queen dies regarding Buck House and Clarence House. That's all in the future, much like whether or not Camilla will be styled Queen or Princess Consort. We can guess, but we cannot know for sure.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2018 2:44 AM

I think Charles doesn't need to do anything that lessens the monarchy - the death of Queen Elizabeth will do that. She's the link to the glory days of the modern monarchy - World War II and her parents standing firm with the people of London (that's how it went, right?) . She's the connection. Charles will be king because there's no process in place for him not to be. It's apparently no small thing to abolish the monarchy. It surely won't get done before QE dies. But it has eroded over time, and there's no way to stop it. I think it will end during William's reign, and George will never be king.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2018 3:05 AM

HM is the last head of state alive who served in WWII.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2018 3:08 AM

[quote]r53 It's apparently no small thing to abolish the monarchy. It surely won't get done before QE dies. But it has eroded over time, and there's no way to stop it. I think it will end during William's reign, and George will never be king.

This girl has revitalized the Monarchy. Political leaders on all fronts, and more importantly [italic]the public, [/italic]have embraced her ... and the crown is safe AS LONG as she's around.

Her children will be likewise fêted, so we're good for the next few generations, at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2018 3:18 AM

[quote] HM is the last head of state alive who served in WWII.

***ahem***

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2018 3:19 AM

[quote] HM is the last head of state alive who served in WWII.

***ahem***

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Bush and Carter are *former* heads of state.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2018 3:25 AM

[quote]This girl has revitalized the Monarchy. Political leaders on all fronts, and more importantly the public, have embraced her

R55 is assured of this because the DM, Hello, OK and Woman's Day told her so.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2018 3:40 AM

Are there commemorative H&M china sets we can buy anywhere?

I want a full service for 12.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2018 3:47 AM

[R59]

Evidently disagrees that Meghan and Harry are worth any time of day.As Prince Charles gives speeches about their intended baby names. Somebody is out of touch

by Anonymousreply 61November 27, 2018 3:51 AM

R61 Somebody is ignorant of PR.

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2018 3:55 AM

omg...omg...OMG!

I need this apron [italic]so badly ! ! !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2018 4:00 AM

Nice apron.....

[R62]Somebody is very ignorant, clue=YOU Blanche

Shouldn't you be off somewhere spreading hateful messages about babies or kicking dogs for sport.Peasant

by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2018 4:24 AM

I would wear that apron if H&M came over. I'd answer the door drying my hands on a dishtowel, looking surprised.

[italic]"Yes...?"

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2018 4:29 AM

,,R65

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2018 5:03 AM

R64 Ignorant AND juvenile. Who knew Megs posted on DL.

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2018 5:48 AM

If Oprah was still around she probably would have done a special with Meghan at the finished Frogmore House.

by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenia need a place to live. I believe Eugenia and Jack have an apartment at Kensington Palace. Where does Bea currently live? She could live at Clarence House if she gets married.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2018 6:09 AM

Frogmore Cottage. Soon to be known as Toad Hall......surely?

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2018 6:13 AM

Bravo, R70! That was brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2018 6:51 AM

R71 Thank you|! I aim to please

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2018 7:02 AM

You've does that in spades, R72. What a wonderful wit you are.

by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2018 7:56 AM

**done that **not does that - omg.

by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2018 7:57 AM

I read these threads, and with each post my sadness and dread about the inevitable death of HM pains me more each time.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2018 8:03 AM

^^ LOL

sorry.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2018 8:07 AM

Haha R70 a perfect nickname for Frogmore Cottage . 😂

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2018 11:52 AM

I agree, R75. It's startling to watch a movie from the 50's or 60's and see a portrait of the Queen hanging on a wall. I then think to myself, "DAMN! And she's STILL the Queen!" It makes everything seem just a little bit...safer and more comforting, somehow.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2018 11:56 AM

R58 - And - ahem - although technically Heads of State, Bush and Carter were elected Heads of Government. Governing was their real job, being Heads of State was the add-on. Queen Elizabeth II is a Reigning Head of State and ONLY that.

There is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2018 1:14 PM

R59 - I suspect irony in the statement you responded to. Strongly suspect . . . but who knows, I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2018 1:17 PM

The vast majority of British people cannot remember any monarch other than Elizabeth. She's even mentioned in Beatles songs. Most of the magic of the monarchy will disappear when she's no longer the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2018 1:26 PM

I hope that baby is black as night! Let's see how open the Royals really are!

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2018 1:33 PM

Why do Americans believe that the Royal Family, in fact, most Brits, are anything other than racists and bigots? Britain has a very long history of both which continues to this day, and for which it is neither ashamed, apologetic nor repentant.

by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2018 1:41 PM

Actually, of course, it's the Americans who are worldwide the most famous for their racism...past, and present.

by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2018 1:55 PM

Actually, the Brits have been racists and bigots long before America existed.

by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2018 2:00 PM

^^ Very stupid point.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2018 2:07 PM

[R85]

Its in the Colonialism handbook

Requirement #3

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2018 2:14 PM

FAIRY QUEEN. And the frogs! Ugh! I never shall enjoy any peace of mind until I know why lolanthe went to live among the frogs!

by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2018 2:23 PM

Americans might be "famous" for racism, but throughout modern history, far more people in more parts of the world have been affected by British racism than American.

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2018 2:24 PM

Let's not turn the Sussex move to Windsor into a discussion about race.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2018 2:51 PM

Windsor may be special to Dimwit and Nutmeg (maybe they screwed like rabbits on the golf course) but I bet Sparkle had her eye on the bigger prize of Frogmore HOUSE not the cottage.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2018 2:52 PM

I wonder at which point it will dawn on MM that she has lost all her freedom and autonomy. When she married, she joined an established family business which determined where she would live, how she would dress, who her friends would be, who would own her children, and every aspect of her working life. She also lost most of her privacy, and her every move is scrutinised by her ultimate employers, the British public.

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2018 3:02 PM

Harry is having fun in Zambia while his sidekick is in England being "exhausted".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2018 3:10 PM

Harry is a totally different man without clingon on his side .

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2018 3:23 PM

[quote]She also lost most of her privacy, and her every move is scrutinised by her ultimate employers, the British public.

and the Americans back home it seems.

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2018 3:26 PM

R92 - I don't think Meghan gave it all much thought. She just saw the TITLE, the FAME, the MONEY and a great platform for HER AGENDA (to become another global humanitarian a la Diana and revolutionize the Royal Family).

by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2018 3:34 PM

This has been grayed out already? Why?

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2018 3:49 PM

I don't blame them for wanting a little space from all the family.

Shame Frogmore's so dreary.

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2018 3:51 PM

It's actually pretty for a graveyard swamp infested with frogs. And the Cottage being a dump and all.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2018 3:57 PM

Shall the Lady Of The House henceforward be known as Her Grace The Duchess Swamp-thing?

by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2018 4:34 PM

R100 They're pretty much heading toward Shrek and Princess Fiona territory at this stage...

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2018 4:45 PM

[quote]If Oprah was still around

Did she die?

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2018 5:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2018 5:05 PM

She just has to bide her time, decorate the new house, and pop out the pup.

Good things come to those who wait.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2018 5:07 PM

What happens at Frogmore, stays at Frogmore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2018 5:09 PM

Meghan doesn't seem photogenic to me. She looks like she is trying too hard or just looks uncomfortable. Diana was more authentic and photogenic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2018 5:15 PM

Di had quite the SCHNOZ, didn't she?!

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2018 5:19 PM

Thanks for the clip from the documentary. r105. I'm not at all surprised Meagain had the Cottage painted black. It matches her wardrobe now. Very stylish. But I was amazed at the size of the Famous Frogs of Frogmore. I had no idea!

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2018 5:21 PM

[quote]The Queen should get the hell out of Buckingham Palace

Yes, quite.

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2018 5:26 PM

[R90]

Too late,many of the posts insinuate color as the main reason they cannot stomack Meghan Markle. I mean they are making Duchess of Kent remarks as jokes.Without considering their queen had negative remarks to say about jewish and middle eastern cultures as well.They are racist,do not cover for them

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2018 5:33 PM

Oh dear, the RACIST!!! sugar is back ...

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2018 5:40 PM

This is the four bedroom Welsh cottage in which Kate and William lived for about four years. What a view!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2018 5:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2018 5:42 PM

[R113]

No they think is witty,clever and perfect.As they cackle in tight,rubber topped stretch pants and debate if going on Jerry Springer is really a good look

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2018 5:56 PM

How sad that that's a "cottage" to them. It's a mansion. This is a cottage:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2018 6:05 PM

Meghan also has warehouses of royal antiques to decorate with if she chooses, so the place will look fab.

I hope she mixes antiques with modern pieces and art, though, like the Obamas did in the White House (with the help of Michael Smith). If she goes the total [italic]Colefax & Fowler[/italic] route, it will be a step backwards. Their children need to be exposed to both parents' cultures: ancestral Brittish and modern American.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2018 6:22 PM

Re: Royal Racism:

There's a famous Frogmore Plantation (associated with cotton and slavery) in the U.S. that's a museum in Louisianna.

I wonder if putting Meghan in that particular house was a jibe from Big Liz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2018 6:51 PM

R117 - yeah, like The Queen of England would certainly KNOW about an obscure place in Louisiana.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2018 6:54 PM

It's not obscure at all. It's one of the top 3 tourist attractions in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2018 6:56 PM

I know it’s a small niggle but there hasn’t been a Queen of England for centuries. She is Queen of The United Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2018 6:56 PM

R119 I’ve been to all those states and never heard of it. It is very unlikely QEII has.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2018 6:57 PM

With the Frogmore Cotton Plantation suddenly being in the news, it looks like she's more like the Queen of Shade.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2018 6:58 PM

Is HRH The Duchess Swamp-thing of Froggy Bottom related to Mary Berry, queen of the soggy bottom?

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2018 7:01 PM

If the BRF has relegated her to some ramshackle frog dump directly under Heathrow's flight approach, no way in hell are they gonna give her access to anything remotely valuable. Nah, gurl's gonna have to merch Bassett or some shit and humble brag how normal and down to earth she is when the truth of the matter is it's the only way she is going to be able to decently furnish her semi-detached dwelling. Maybe if he hadn't come tearing out of the gate as some entitled bitch screaming about which tiara she would wear, abusing the help and trying to steal attention at other people's weddings they might have given her at least something detached.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2018 7:04 PM

The Queen doesn't know what she's up against, and better watch her step. Meghan has the public in her pocket.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2018 7:06 PM

R125 knows very little of British tabloid journalism. They haven't even begun to tear into the web of lies Meghan spun out of glass. Bellicose she may be, she won't win that fight.

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2018 7:14 PM

Read r126, then re-read again. TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2018 7:50 PM

I guess frog legs will now be on the menu.

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2018 7:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2018 8:00 PM

[quote]Maybe if he hadn't come tearing out of the gate as some entitled bitch screaming about which tiara she would wear, abusing the help

Talking of which...

[quote]Meghan Markle's aide who quit after 6 months

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote]Meghan has the public in her pocket.

Yeah. I could tell that from that scientific poll where she came fifth or sixth, after her husband, the Queen, William, Kate and the Duke of bloody Edinburgh. But I know she’s ahead by a wide margin in the wishful thinking poll.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2018 8:43 PM

And so dies part 28 of the "Tendrils Saga"

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2018 8:54 PM

[QUOTE]I hope she mixes antiques with modern pieces and art, though, like the Obamas did in the White House

Maybe William and Kate can help them pick some art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2018 9:03 PM

And we mourn its passing... Adieu Les Tendrilles de dangle dangereuses!

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2018 9:03 PM

I don't recall anything controversial or about race on that thread. Most interesting thing on it was that Meghan allegedly made Kate cry during Charlotte's fitting for her bridesmaid's dress. Charlotte was fidgety and Meghan complained that she would ruin her wedding. I think the poster said it came from a private FB thread. I don't know if it was substantiated or not. I opined that Meghan pulled a "control your child" implying that Kate's parenting skills were lacking.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2018 9:30 PM

Now the plantation stories related to places named Frogmore

You all are on a roll,must be difficult in those white sheets and hoods you wear,don't fall into the burning cross dears.You might get burned

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]r131 that scientific poll where she came fifth or sixth, after her husband, the Queen, William, Kate and the Duke of bloody Edinburgh. But I know she’s ahead by a wide margin in the wishful thinking poll.

What you're missing in the INTERNATIONAL and AMERICAN support Meghan has. The UK is a rather tiny string of isles on its own, but the attention and support this American girl has singlehandedly brought them [italic]from all continents[/italic] cannot be bought.

She has saved Brittain's bacon, bringing it into the 21st Century, and Big Liz better wise up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2018 10:38 PM

Sure, r137, because "Big Liz" and her 1000 year old throne have to bet their entire future on the young new wife of the dimwitted grandson, 6th in line to the throne.

It's all that INTERNATIONAL and AMERICAN support and attention for this one girl that's gonna keep the monarchy running. Without it, it collapses! You're a genius, thanks for stopping by to enlighten us all. Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2018 10:41 PM

[quote]Meghan allegedly made Kate cry during Charlotte's fitting for her bridesmaid's dress. Charlotte was fidgety ... Meghan pulled a "control your child," implying that Kate's parenting skills were lacking.

And wasn't it time someone said it? It's high time lazy parents STOPPED letting their over indulged rug rats run roughshod over everyone else.

Meghan made Kate [italic]get her bitch in line.[/italic] And that's why she's perfectly suited to handle anything the royals may toss her.

by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2018 10:47 PM

This thread should be more properly titled, "Harry and that gurl, Meghan, get booted out of London." Not just KP. LONDON. I love how Richard Palmer was all - apparently there was no other royal property in London available. Because he knows there's plenty. As well as more aesthetic, sizeable, better situated outside of London, on castle and estate grounds. But Frogmore Cottage it is. In a bog. Under a flight path. Subdivided into small units. Two adjacent parking lots planned! As the cottage is quite close to a road (security boundary or not) that cuts into what green space immediately surrounds.

This is a like a Jane Austen novel, only darker spirited. So maybe a Bronte. "Reduced circumstances" isn't half of it.

Get them out of the way completely - no London for you! Dreary residence, dreary bog Flight path The planning permissions don't indicate upgrades, but improvements, things that need improving, such as drainage, a canopy extension, and I suppose, parking lots! Very cozy, two parking lots on either side of the suburban home. Certainly if Harry wants to decorate it to a standard, he is welcome to dip into his after tax trust income. Surely the family won't object. I suspect the family purse has been shut and now it's down to Harry and Megs to earn their way back.

That the family has done this with a wee Harkle en route is very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 140November 28, 2018 12:26 AM

It was probably a mistake for Markle to loudly complain of little Charlotte just to put Kate down. The fucking balls on that bitch.

That it has been brought out now - CHARLOTTE!!! - says the gloves are off. Charlotte was recently estimated to be worth more than George by the metric of influence - everything she wears sells out, is searched, etc., more than anyone else. THAT is a popular royal.

by Anonymousreply 141November 28, 2018 12:29 AM

Oh just read elsewhere that it's interesting Sophie gets to meet the stars, like Angelina Jolie, instead of Meghan.

Though I'd kill to see Jolie meet Meghan. Bitch please, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 142November 28, 2018 12:30 AM

Frogmore Plantation is named after Frogmore at Windsor Castle! This will be a scandal!

"Although the name “Frogmore” cannot be traced to an exact date, the earliest reference to an area called Frogmore in Louisiana, Lynette says, appears on a map from 1815. Frogmore Plantation was built by Daniel Morris, an Englishman, who Tanner suspects named the plantation after Windsor Castle’s Frogmore, a residence so loved by the British royals that Queen Victoria and Prince Albert chose to be interred there. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 28, 2018 1:05 AM

Wow r143 If MM was smart she would capitalize on this. THIS could cause them to back down and suddenly come up with nicer digs, if she had decent PR to work it, and I don't think she does since she can't get out of her own way and thinks she can do better. She fucks up every chance to get it right. Someone basically handed her a gift. If this makes the DM, she just might have a shot.

by Anonymousreply 144November 28, 2018 1:17 AM

I lived in Louisiana and Texas nearly all my life. Oak Alley, Rosedown, Myrtles, Deshetran and Laura are the best known plantations. I don't remember anything about Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 145November 28, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote]r143 Frogmore Plantation is named after Frogmore at Windsor Castle! This will be a scandal!

What a cunty thing for the queen to do! Class, my ass! She's as good as saying she thinks the black girl belongs on a slave plantation.

Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 146November 28, 2018 1:41 AM

Oh my fucking [italic]GOD ! ! ![/italic]

Fom r143 article about the plantation:

[quote]Visitors can choose to see a re-enactment of a slave wedding, including the “jumping the broom” and “cakewalk” ceremonies, on a tour narrated by a guide.

by Anonymousreply 147November 28, 2018 1:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 28, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote]r141 It was probably a mistake for Markle to loudly complain of little Charlotte just to put Kate down. The fucking balls on that bitch.

But SOMEONE has to reign that little brat in! She's always beating up on her baby brother in the news footage that's released.

by Anonymousreply 149November 28, 2018 1:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 28, 2018 2:05 AM

Big Liz sure fucked up across the board with THIS stunt.

Was her little joke worth it?

by Anonymousreply 151November 28, 2018 2:11 AM

In general, are the Windsors cruel or kind?

by Anonymousreply 152November 28, 2018 2:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 28, 2018 2:14 AM

5 million a year or is that over a longer period of time? Guarding the royals is always costly.

Where is Royal Lodge located, in regards to the Frogmore estate and Windsor Castle? Andrew and the Yorks live there, he requires 24-hr protection as son of the current sovereign. What's its exposure?

by Anonymousreply 154November 28, 2018 2:21 AM

Not a MM fan by any measure, but this is really beyond the pale, yeah, Mary! Whatever. Just a step too far. I emailed the DM with a link to the above. They like to stir up shit. I encourage others to do the same. Maybe we will get some good drama out of it at the very least. Maybe we will get H&M an upgrade, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 155November 28, 2018 2:22 AM

Prince Harry is in Zimbabwe, pics on Reuters.com

He and his bulge will be there for a couple days.

He looks bigger then Prince William,but that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Poor Kate and Meghan's walls

by Anonymousreply 156November 28, 2018 2:26 AM

[QUOTE]Frogmore Cottage. Soon to be known as Toad Hall......surely?

Or to be renamed Foggy Bottom

by Anonymousreply 157November 28, 2018 2:27 AM

[quote] r155 Not a MM fan by any measure, but this is really beyond the pale, yeah, Mary! Whatever. Just a step too far. I emailed the DM with a link to the above. They like to stir up shit. I encourage others to do the same. Maybe we will get some good drama out of it at the very least. Maybe we will get H&M an upgrade, who knows? — The power of the DL knows no bounds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 28, 2018 2:31 AM

TMZ even had a picture of Smegs canoodling with her ex boyfriend and possibly questioning the timeline of them being together when she started dating Harry

by Anonymousreply 159November 28, 2018 2:54 AM

I was just thinking Wait! until the Daily Mail gets a load of this! Another website for the plantation itself has cringeworthy details about friendships between slaves and masters and songs the slaves sang. "Listen to the slave customs, secret music, and their surprising relationships with the master, mistress, and overseer." Visits for school groups! "Cotton then and now."

A gift shoppe! "Frogmore is named after Frogmore, England, and the store boasts its name with its Frogmore t-shirts in several colors, all which have a large plantation frog wearing his planter hat. Finally, there are frog souvenirs and loads of cute frog toys for children."

This sounds cool, though: "Shake a tambourine and participate in learning the "double voicing" technique used on plantations for secret song."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160November 28, 2018 3:12 AM

R60, here's your royal wedding china.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 28, 2018 3:25 AM

Inmates at the asylum dislocating jawbones trying to fashion some random association to an obscure like-named reference from the back and beyond. Pitiable wailing and gnashing of teeth for a dragon in a windmill. Nevermind, the Sussexes have been summarily dismissed to their own Grey Gardens hovel and there ain't a damn thing the sugars can do. Harry and Meghan will barely have time to pack Sparkle's sundry of ill-fitting fuglies before they have to move. The palace wants them out before the baby is even born. Go ahead sugars, amass you demonstrations and riot--I dare you! Just like your Ivanka-boycott of Nordstrom, how'd that work out? As much as you may soil your panties, Meghan isn't all that popular in the Commonwealth. She's not necessarily hated (yet) but she's not loved either. You are welcome to mail your HazBean sympathies to Frogmore Cottage, c/o the Windsor Estate.

by Anonymousreply 162November 28, 2018 3:39 AM

[quote]r161 here's your royal wedding china, [R60]

[italic]Want ! ! ! Must ! ! ! Have ! ! ![/italic]

Now, do you think H&M have any of that stuff...or is it really just for us onlookers?

It's pretty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 28, 2018 4:15 AM

I can’t believe there are people here ridiculous enough to think that not only has Her Maj heard of an obscure tourist trap a couple of thousand miles away but is somehow using the coincidence of the name to let HazBean know their place. I wish I’d bought a ton of shares in Reynolds Wrap, you bitches would’ve made me rich by now.

by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2018 4:17 AM

It's odd that the Queen would do this, as she seemed so kind to Meghan at first, bonding with her over her beagle and all that.

But is this how she really feels? Is she as racist as Princes Michael of Kent?

by Anonymousreply 165November 28, 2018 4:20 AM

[quote] r165 I can’t believe there are people here ridiculous enough to think that not only has Her Maj heard of an obscure tourist trap a couple of thousand miles away but is somehow using the coincidence of the name...

But the name is no coincidence.

The slave plantation Frogmore in Louisiana was named after Frogmore in Windsor by the initial English owner...Daniel Morris.

by Anonymousreply 166November 28, 2018 4:23 AM

How can that porcelain belong to the Sussexes when it clearly bears the insignia of Her Majesty? I tell you there is just no end to that girl's grifting.

by Anonymousreply 167November 28, 2018 4:29 AM

R163, But I do have their commemorative coin!

The accusations of racism against Queen Elizabeth are really despicable. She was the person who first welcomed Nelson Mandela to a meeting of the Commonwealth Countries, before he had even been elected to public office. And maintained a friendship with him afterwards, until his death. And she never mentioned the protocol, so he always called her 'Elizabeth', and not 'Ma-am'. She famously danced with Kwame Nkrumah during her visit to Ghana, and probably secured Ghana's place in the Commonwealth.

I can believe some of the other accusations of racism by various royals, but not by HM. It seems like she sees herself as the Queen over 'all her realms' and that includes the nations in Africa where she is Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 28, 2018 4:32 AM

[quote]r167 How can that porcelain belong to the Sussexes when it clearly bears the insignia of Her Majesty? I tell you there is just no end to that girl's grifting.

Yet another cruel joke by Her Majesty??

[italic]"Thanks for the tea. And actually, that china's mine. And I'm taking it with me. LOAD THE CAR!"

Will the young couple be left with NOTHING?

"

by Anonymousreply 169November 28, 2018 4:35 AM

I wonder how these Brits feel about those millions of taxpayer pounds being spent to support the lavish lifestyle of Ginger Megs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 28, 2018 4:40 AM

I used to live in Louisiana and I’ve never heard of Frogmore. I think you guys are really reaching here.

by Anonymousreply 171November 28, 2018 4:41 AM

^^

(issued by a Palace representative, typing furiously)

by Anonymousreply 172November 28, 2018 4:43 AM

[quote]It seems like she sees herself as the Queen over 'all her realms' and that includes the nations in Africa where she is Queen.

Translation: I don't think the Queen is racist so she isn't!

by Anonymousreply 173November 28, 2018 4:45 AM

r173, If you have anything factual to add, please do. All the comments I added are actually factual, and not hard to verify. I realize this is DL, but sometimes the speculation goes beyond anything bearing fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 28, 2018 4:52 AM

What are the Duke and Duchess of Glaucester doing with such a huge place at Kensington? He's 26th in line to the throne, and only a cousin at that.

He and his wife should switch quarters with H&M (just how much room does that old couple need??), and then the Queen can take her time figuring out a less embarrasing gift for the newlyweds.

Really Liz? A [italic]slave[/italic] plantation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 28, 2018 4:52 AM

R174 It doesn't appear the Queen is any more racist than others of her generation [italic]when it comes to doing her job.[/italic]

The issue now is, How is she acting with an African American in her actual family. THAT'S something not all the Royals are showing good grace about.

It would be very, very disappointing if the Queen gifted Frogmore Cottage to the Sussexes while knowing its racist connontations. It will be even more disappointing if, now that she does know, she choses not to make a more culturally appropriate gift.

by Anonymousreply 176November 28, 2018 5:08 AM

[quote]If you have anything factual to add

R173 confuses fact and assumption. The FACT that the Queen must be seen to be doing her job, her personal feelings should not be ASSUMED.

by Anonymousreply 177November 28, 2018 5:09 AM

^^^^ R174, not R173^^^

by Anonymousreply 178November 28, 2018 5:10 AM

The Gloucesters were ready to downsize as they no longer have children at home and are moving or have moved to the much smaller renovated Royal Stables at KP. The multi-million dollar rehab of Apt. ! is nearly complete as evidenced by the removal of the massive scaffolding photographed over it for the past year. Despite Meagain's frantic fake press leaks to save face, the many press reports from last spring saying it was to be her and Harry's home were correct. Too bad she blew everything up so spectacularly and now must go live in the graveyard among the frogs. Apt. 1 is now going to become office space so that there will be no future risk of the Cambridges having to endure such neighbors.

by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2018 5:17 AM

Frogmore Cottage sounds like a place the Scooby-Doo gang would investigate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 28, 2018 5:17 AM

[quote]r179 Apt. 1 is now going to become office space so that there will be no future risk of the Cambridges having to endure such neighbors.

Well, it really won't make any difference, as M married for love and would probably prefer to live in America, anyway. If anyone feels the slight it's probablly H.

It's just too bad the family has to be so openly nasty about it all. Not terribly dignified. It makes the House of Windsor look shabby, and as outmoded as it truly is.

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2018 5:30 AM

As the gloves are off with the BRF versus the Harkles, it would not surprise me if the dress fitting story never happened and Meghan was never near Charlotte. However, Meghan constantly plants negative fake stories about Kate and other royals, while smarming up about her nonexistent closeness to Prince Charles (if they were close, they would not be going to Frogmore Cottage). It feels like a "two can play at that game" ploy. Let's weaponize Charlotte against Meghan and see how she enjoys the fallout.

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2018 5:33 AM

God, Americans are obsessed with race just like they are obsessed with Markle. She doesnt look black at all, why keep harping on that one thing? If you read some of the comments on LSA or ONTD, they are obsessed with the fact that Harry married a biracial girl, though "Markle is the whitest "black" girl he could find, after being rejected by his previous girlfriends. Its so embarrassing, like these posters see this as a sign of white validation and acceptance. Newsflash! All white people are racist to some extent and this family is most definitely so. Harry was the one who wore a nazi costume, for fucks sake.

Cant wait till harry's side of the family become completely irrelevant, which will happen in ~15 more years.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2018 5:33 AM

It's astonishing how many people on these threads haven't learned to pay attention to what the family *does* instead of it *says.* PR masters for decades.

by Anonymousreply 184November 28, 2018 5:40 AM

[quote]It's astonishing how many people on these threads haven't learned to pay attention to what the family *does* instead of it *says.*

Some of us do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 28, 2018 5:45 AM

Look, if the Queen were really serious about racial equality she would have kicked Princess Michael of Kent out of Kensington Palace as a tenant the day after the Blackamoor incident. Zero Tolerance.

But as things stand, it was just business as usual for that crowd, so everyone got a good snigger and it was on to the next.

by Anonymousreply 186November 28, 2018 5:45 AM

I want to be the first to congratulate the Duke & Duchess of Sussex on their new home & jobs as crypt-keepers!

Froggy went a courtin' he did ride, uh-huh....

by Anonymousreply 187November 28, 2018 5:46 AM

Actually, if the stories of MM being opinionated and entitled are true, it reinforces stereotypes about black women that they are pushy and demanding.

by Anonymousreply 188November 28, 2018 5:48 AM

[quote]r188 Actually, if the stories of MM being opinionated and entitled are true, it reinforces stereotypes about black women that they are pushy and demanding.

Well, whitey always thinks it's SO DRAMATIC and out of line when minorities speak up, especially women of color.

So, whatevs. Can't change that.

by Anonymousreply 189November 28, 2018 5:51 AM

R189, Meg hadn’t been doing well in her new role regardless of her heritage. Please remember, American critical race theory doesn’t apply to Britain. Notice Harry’s popularity is down too, and not just because he’s married to our Bean, but because he isn’t doing well in his new role, either. To save herself from more public backlash, our Meg needs to: Stop merching, stop leaking lies to the press, demonstrate true interest in her new job by adhering to its actual requirements, brush up on formal etiquette and British history, and (for the love of god) learn to dress appropriately (British, conservative fashions). Oh, and no more PDA, it’s undignified for representatives of a head of state to paw at someone, even if that someone is their new spouse. We (maybe not all but certainly most) had high hopes for MM; she’s been a total disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 190November 28, 2018 6:47 AM

Here's a newsflash:

MM is a grown woman with her own life and marriage. She doesn't need to please anyone but her husband and herself. Unlike the rest of that family, she's actually worked for a living and has her own mind and identity. She wouldn't be afraid to work again, and could now actually make more money away from the Royals than with them.

It was totally immersing and investing herself in trying to please the Royals that drove Princes Di to anorexia and suicide attempts. MM is not that needy or intimidated. If she had to walk away tomorrow she could, because she's not as dependent upon all the pomp and circumstance and inflated "purpose" as those lifetime retainers, the Windsors.

I'd say its in their own best interest to not alienate MM, because she could blow the whole lid off that racist vipers nest like no one's had the opportunity to before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191November 28, 2018 7:12 AM

R191, the fact is that in marrying a working royal, MM signed up for a lifetime job which she is not performing well. The only way she could reclaim her autonomy would be for her and her spouse to quit their royal jobs and forge their own lives separately from the BRF. The only other possibility might be to become minor royals with a limited role, and of course, limited perquisites in terms of salary, housing and prominence.

by Anonymousreply 192November 28, 2018 7:23 AM

They are already minor royals. That hasn't sunk into her little head yet.

by Anonymousreply 193November 28, 2018 7:27 AM

Well dear R191 she had just a support role on Suits and nothing else going for her . She was mighty pleased she could strick a royal prince . I you come into The Firm its expected from you to wear fitted clothes and do not wear slutty clothes when you represent the royal family . All that clinging onto Harry and handholding like you’re a sixteen old girl isn’t befitting her status . And the belly cradling like If she was the only,woman in the world who’s pregnant . All too much . She made enemies in that family who are more powerful than she or Harry are . Andrew was always the Queens favorite and still is . Charles is gonna be king but hey lets be a total cunt to everyone and also the Daily Mail who are plotting her demise . They didn’t forget the mail from Harry that they are racist . But when she divorces Harry she can bank in for the rest of her life on the fact she was a Duchess and married to a prince . Never have to work again ! And we have to feel sorry for her ? .

by Anonymousreply 194November 28, 2018 7:42 AM

[quote]r192 the fact is that in marrying a working royal, MM signed up for a lifetime job

That is their culture, not hers.

Basically, they can suck it. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 195November 28, 2018 7:53 AM

She's famous only thanks to Harry and his family.

Without him she would still be a C-list starlet soon too old to work with a so not successful lifestyle blog.

But yeah, she doesn't need them at all and can walk away tomorrow without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 196November 28, 2018 7:55 AM

[quote]r194 Andrew was always the Queens favorite and still is.

Doesn't that really tell you all you need to know? The man's disgusting.

Did the two fuck or something?

by Anonymousreply 197November 28, 2018 7:56 AM

I swear some of you are too stupid to be alive.

Try and find ONE historical place in England not linked to racism or colonialism. There's not ONE.

But yeah sure, the Queen choose this place because there's a slave plantation with the same name somewhere in America.

by Anonymousreply 198November 28, 2018 8:05 AM

He is R195 ! But that doesn’t take away the fact that he’s powerful . Maybe If she publicly says she’s sorry for upstaging Eugenie who’s also a favorite of the queen and her behaviour on tour maybe they will take her back in the fold of the family. If I was her I would keep a very low profile for 6 months and emerge back from excile .

by Anonymousreply 199November 28, 2018 8:13 AM

[quote]r198 But yeah sure, the Queen choose this place because there's a slave plantation with the same name somewhere in America.

A slave plantation in the Deep South, in her black daughter-in-law's country of birth.

You can't tell me that with all the diplomats and advisors serving the Queen, no one looked into this and warned her? It's disgusting that she went ahead, anyway. Utterly disgusting.

I bet QEII thought it would never come to light, and it would be the RF's little inside joke forever. Like the Blackamoor brooch, but even sicker.

by Anonymousreply 200November 28, 2018 8:13 AM

Well, find ONE place in England with no unsavory story linked to racism or colonialism.

I wait.

You're just graping straws.

By the way I don't doubt the BRF can be racist and Frogmore Cottage is a big Fuck You to Harry and Meghan but more because it's outside London and quite shabby. In some way the Harkles managed to get enemies by dozen inside the Firm, they pay for it now.

by Anonymousreply 201November 28, 2018 8:20 AM

[quote] I swear some of you are too stupid to be alive.

I feel stupider for having read the last 50 comments.

by Anonymousreply 202November 28, 2018 8:20 AM

You just need to read some comments to understand people have lost touch with reality.

by Anonymousreply 203November 28, 2018 8:21 AM

Black daughter in law ! Really ! The woman who is whitewashing herself for decades but now she is suddenly black . You have to come up with something more substantial than that . If she was really black I would say you’re right . Trust me If she was really black Harry wouldn’t have married her .

by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2018 8:22 AM

Nottingham Cottage can be connected to the Sheriff of Nottingham, the traditional enemy of Robin Hood. The Sheriff was known as a tyrant and bully. Did they give the Sussexes the Cottage to show Meghan what the Queen really thinks of her? What a delicious connection! I emailed the editor of the Daily Mail to point this out.

by Anonymousreply 205November 28, 2018 8:23 AM

Now that I’m thinking of it maybe he has a real black woman stashed away somewhere or a black boy . He loves going to Rwanda and those African countries .

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2018 8:26 AM

[quote]r199 Maybe If she publicly says she’s sorry for upstaging Eugenie who’s also a favorite of the queen and her behaviour on tour maybe they will take her back in the fold of the family. If I was her I would keep a very low profile for 6 months and emerge back from exile.

Living away from the RF might suit her just fine. For all the fun we're making of it, she's still going to end up in a beautiful house (once they're done with it) on lush grounds with live in staff, a hunky husband she loves, a pied-à-terre at Kensington, and a new baby to occupy her for quite a while. Plus her mom will be onhand. If I were her I'd take the pay cut and stay home most of the time, accompanying Harry just to the most important functions.

Someone upthread was bitching that MM has to wear modest clothes...but then some are upset by her loose coat at Eugenia's wedding. That way lies madness. Really, she looked beautiful, modest, healthy and comfortable in that outfit. I mean, that's a classic silhouette Jackie Kennedy wore all the time, UNpregnant.

What I am unaware of is how she supposedly embarrased the entire country on her tour through the Pacific. Did she hold her new husband's hand too much, or something? What is the outcry about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 28, 2018 8:29 AM

Since Meghan and Harry both chose Frogmore House to host their wedding reception, it is certain that the existence of some faint Louisiana connection didn't cause Meghan the slightest pause or concern.

by Anonymousreply 208November 28, 2018 8:30 AM

R200, lots of places in the south (large cities & small towns) were named after English cities, such as Norfolk, VA. & Suffolk, VA. Do you really think that because some obscure, historic site in Louisiana was named after Frogmore House that Liz picked Frogmore Cottage as a slam against Meghan? You must be trolling, you can't be that foolish.

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2018 8:33 AM

Does anyone else remember Meagain asking for Frogmore House for her reception and being told Not Available. And then the reception was held at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 210November 28, 2018 8:35 AM

This started out to be a good discourse about H and M's latest living situation. Now it has devolved into a "tendrils" type of thread with the accompanied crazies that come with those. Hopefully, we can keep on with information and wit.

by Anonymousreply 211November 28, 2018 8:35 AM

[quote]r208 Since Meghan and Harry both chose Frogmore House to host their wedding reception, it is certain that the existence of some faint Louisiana connection didn't cause Meghan the slightest pause or concern.

Because they didn't know QEII was laughing behind their back.

It's all a very cruel joke, and in the worst taste imaginable.

by Anonymousreply 212November 28, 2018 8:36 AM

Yeah R208 If it was Frogmore House nobody would say that there was a slave plantation in America with that name . Yet its on the same grounds as Frogmore House . Some,sugars stirring the pot like always .

by Anonymousreply 213November 28, 2018 8:36 AM

[quote]r209 lots of places in the south (large cities & small towns) were named after English cities, such as Norfolk, VA. & Suffolk, VA.

The whole state of Virginia is named in honor of the Virgin Queen.

by Anonymousreply 214November 28, 2018 8:37 AM

Anyone using the term "sugars" here should not only be ignored, but sent to the nearest grease fire. This is NOT a tendrils thread.

by Anonymousreply 215November 28, 2018 8:39 AM

[quote]r213 If it was Frogmore House nobody would say that there was a slave plantation in America with that name .

Well, the most obvious difference would be that a black girl wasn't being shoved into the grounds' equivalent of slave quarters. (It presently houses employees.)

by Anonymousreply 216November 28, 2018 8:41 AM

Once they live in FrogCott, no more KP pied à terre or any London pied à terre.

By the way, if you think it's the life Meghan wanted or hoped for when she married the Ginger one I have a bridge to sell you.

R215 That's cute you think you can control DL members.

by Anonymousreply 217November 28, 2018 8:41 AM

R271, one of the creators of the shite Tendrils threads since incinerated. Hah!

by Anonymousreply 218November 28, 2018 8:47 AM

North and South Carolina are named in honor of Kings Charles I and II, who gave the Warrants and Land Grants to form the original state of Carolina. Carolus is the Latin form of Charles.

by Anonymousreply 219November 28, 2018 8:47 AM

That would be r217 and a double HAH!

by Anonymousreply 220November 28, 2018 8:48 AM

R218 I can't create post, Ha!

by Anonymousreply 221November 28, 2018 8:49 AM

[quote]r217 Once they live in FrogCott, no more KP pied à terre or any London pied à terre.

Oh....thanks. I thought they were keeping their present Nottingham Cottage, too. I got confused because the press release said they'd retain offices at Kensington Palace.

So where would they sleep, if they want to, in London? Will they be shoved out of the palace gates at curfew?

by Anonymousreply 222November 28, 2018 8:50 AM

R222 I am sure they would get some good, secure digs at a London hotel.

by Anonymousreply 223November 28, 2018 8:53 AM

Be sure PC will spend some money on it for renovations . Harry is a son of his but the queen will not . They.re exciled from London court bit hey they have cars to ride to London and stay the night over in BP If its necessary . Its not they have to go to a hotel like we have to do . Suddenly now they’re in Frogmore Cottage it sounds like the end of civilisation for these two . They’re still better of than billions of people .

by Anonymousreply 224November 28, 2018 8:55 AM

R222 They keep the KP office because they won't have their own court. Their staff will be related to Will's or Charle's Court, like Charles's siblings.

Windsor is supposed to be close enough to London (watch the traffic jams) so they won't need a place in London.

by Anonymousreply 225November 28, 2018 8:55 AM

[quote]r223 I am sure they would get some good, secure digs at a London hotel.

Well, that's not very [italic]en famille!

by Anonymousreply 226November 28, 2018 8:57 AM

R223 Sure cause people will pay for FrogCott + hotel rooms because they can't drive for 30 minutes to go back home.

by Anonymousreply 227November 28, 2018 8:57 AM

I'm thinking more for late night social events, where you want people to stay late and sleep over, anyway. And not drive because they've been drinking, etc.

I guess no one over there's that close, like families in the U.S. are.

by Anonymousreply 228November 28, 2018 9:01 AM

And If Harry and Megs wants to be celebrities they should walk away from the royal family and start on their own . But Harry wouldn.t do that in a million years because than he has to use his own money,and cant use the privileges anymore he’s so hangs on to . And the other royals use BP also when they have stay in London .

by Anonymousreply 229November 28, 2018 9:03 AM

[quote]r229 But Harry wouldn.t do that in a million years because then he has to use his own money, and cant use the privileges anymore, so he hangs on, too.

So you're saying he's just in it for the money and prestige...like others say MM is?

by Anonymousreply 230November 28, 2018 9:08 AM

R228 Drivers are there for that.

by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2018 9:08 AM

R230 You think he's there for duty and loyalty?

by Anonymousreply 232November 28, 2018 9:09 AM

Well, it's the life he's used to. And what all his relatives do.

by Anonymousreply 233November 28, 2018 9:11 AM

I don't think any of them could have a "normal" life even if they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 234November 28, 2018 9:15 AM

Yeah but royals like Ann and the others do some work for the money they’re recieving . Its not a 9 to 5 job but you have to do some work for the Firm . Harry was always a party prince .

by Anonymousreply 235November 28, 2018 9:15 AM

When the queen acts like that be sure there are things we as the public doesn’t even know . What we see is just a small bit not the entire picture .And I think some of these countries they where visiting on their tour have complained about them . Otherwise the queen would not act like that . And then the stunt at Eugenies wedding and at other weddings . Me again really thinks she and only she should be in the limelight and nobody else .

by Anonymousreply 236November 28, 2018 9:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 28, 2018 9:29 AM

Question: why should Will roll out the red carpet for Harry's girlfriend? He doesn't seem the type to roll out the red carpet for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 238November 28, 2018 9:38 AM

Shouldnt you earn respect first before you are accepted in the family . She came in that family with scandals surrounding her and he , expect they roll the red carpet for her . And her camera mugging and thinking she is sooo special .Smugness is an ugly trait in her caracter and expecting to be in the limelight all the time .

by Anonymousreply 239November 28, 2018 9:39 AM

Sorry has to be “ he expects “ R 239

by Anonymousreply 240November 28, 2018 9:44 AM

[quote]r238 Question: why should Will roll out the red carpet for Harry's girlfriend? He doesn't seem the type to roll out the red carpet for anyone.

Because Harry is his only sibling. And because Will could, if he wanted.

Maybe Will is as racist as all the rest.

by Anonymousreply 241November 28, 2018 9:45 AM

Daily Fail is spitting out stories on the royals every day. What the hell is going on over there lately? Who pissed off who?

by Anonymousreply 242November 28, 2018 9:48 AM

That would be true only if he rolled out the red carpet for Chelsy and Cressida but I don't remember reading he was close to them. Kate was.

So in your logic, it's ok for him to be cold with Harry's white gfs but it's racist if he acts the same with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 243November 28, 2018 9:48 AM

Harkles pissed off the Daily Fail with their warning over nothing long before the wedding.

The Fail is vicious, don't make them it your enemy.

by Anonymousreply 244November 28, 2018 9:50 AM

“Lovely Megs” really thinks she is an asset to the royals . Saying she’s gonna make the royals modern . No the royals don’t want to be modern . If they are they can abolish the institution and the royals with it . Their survival is that they are old fashioned and a steady force for the country . Nobody would have respect for them .

by Anonymousreply 245November 28, 2018 9:52 AM

Oh and something else Harry didn.t marry “LovelyMegs” for love . If they are really in love with each other you don’t have to act like you are ! Its like watching a movie watching these two . I always suspect to hear “cut” .

by Anonymousreply 246November 28, 2018 10:02 AM

Megs thinks she’s a Hollywood starlet but she’s a Toronto D-list starlet at most .Nothing else . If she could do away with her starlet behaviours and thinking maybe they would embrace her in the family .

by Anonymousreply 247November 28, 2018 10:14 AM

She is an American, r247 That alone is a strike against her. If she was Canadian, well...commonwealth and all that.

by Anonymousreply 248November 28, 2018 10:18 AM

Royal brothers bickering over status and entitlement, fueled by a domineering, arriviste American wife.

King George VI and the Duke of Windsor, 1937

Prince William and Prince Harry, 2018

Makes one almost believe in reincarnation.

by Anonymousreply 249November 28, 2018 10:36 AM

R244 Oh please. The daily snuff had it in for her from the start, what with their "straight outta compton" article and numerous other passive aggressive racist articles and comments.

They were always going to be attacking her and thought no one would call them out on it and now they're extra angry. There never was any building up or honeymoon phase.

by Anonymousreply 250November 28, 2018 10:44 AM

David and Wallis are buried at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 251November 28, 2018 10:45 AM

What R250 fails to understand is that Megs signed up for the gig. Which includes relentless exposure, analysis and criticism. Whining ad nauseam about racism has to do with R250's woeful ignorance. What R250 should also keep in mind is that Megs could have said no thank you very much to Harry. As Chelsy and Cressida did. But she didn't, because her greedy, grifter, highly blinkered heart saw fame and fortune, and not the landmines on the path to same.

by Anonymousreply 252November 28, 2018 10:51 AM

Meghan was not obliged to be a Duchess or to take a job in the Firm, Anne's husband didn't.

She could have stay a private citizen.

I won't cry for her, British tabloids are vicious they knew it. If she didn't leak herself so much, maybe I could feel bad for her but she played the game as well. All those stories about how Meghan is the greatest thing since the Queen coronation came from her and no one else.

by Anonymousreply 253November 28, 2018 10:56 AM

R252 What are you on about? Are you drunk? I was specifically addressing a comment and added my opinion which is based on facts.

by Anonymousreply 254November 28, 2018 11:05 AM

[quote]Meghan was not obliged to be a Duchess or to take a job in the Firm, Anne's husband didn't.

Operative word is "husband". Anne is royal. Hubby isn't. For the same reason, Anne did not want titles, courtesy or otherwise, for her children, so that they could live private lives, be under no public obligation to the RF or public scrutiny.

Megs signed up for a completely different gig. As HRH the Duchess of Sussex, she is very much in the public eye and under public scrutiny, same as any other HRH who are supported the by taxpayer. Obviously neither Megs nor R253 was aware of that reality.

by Anonymousreply 255November 28, 2018 11:06 AM

Yes R249 she is Wallis is she . Wallis 2.0 at least the real Wallis had some style .

by Anonymousreply 256November 28, 2018 11:07 AM

R255 You said it, she signed for it and she was not obliged.

Tim didn't sign for it, she didn't have to because she's a woman.

by Anonymousreply 257November 28, 2018 11:09 AM

In other words, she wanted to be a fucking Duchess and not just Mrs Wales. She had the choice.

by Anonymousreply 258November 28, 2018 11:11 AM

And Wallis is buried outside Meghan's doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 259November 28, 2018 11:14 AM

R257 The second Megs became HRH, she was OBLIGED. The rest of R257 R258 is ignorant nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 260November 28, 2018 11:19 AM

You can’t parlay ms Wales . Duchess has another ring to it . Can you just imagine after the divorce all the talkshows she’s gonna do ! And of course the book she’s gonna write “My Life with a Royal Prince “ . She will milk that cow for eternity . And maybe doing a show herself . And being asked to sit as a judge everywhere . Harry provided her with status after he married her and making her a Duchess . Oh she will cashing in you can bet that !

by Anonymousreply 261November 28, 2018 11:20 AM

R260 She was not OBLIGED to be HRH, don't you get it? She wanted to be HRH.

by Anonymousreply 262November 28, 2018 11:24 AM

R262 The title goes with gig. She's OBLIGED. Don't YOU get it?

by Anonymousreply 263November 28, 2018 11:27 AM

Maybe the fact that Wallis is burried on the estate is a little snub for Harry and his wife from the queen . And what the consequences are !

by Anonymousreply 264November 28, 2018 11:28 AM

So she wanted the GIG + the Title. She wanted this life. She choose this life.

I don't even know why we argue about it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 265November 28, 2018 11:31 AM

She doesn't stand a chance. I just wonder how long it'll take her to realize that.

by Anonymousreply 266November 28, 2018 11:47 AM

I don’t think the title + the gig are together . She can say she doesn’t want the title

by Anonymousreply 267November 28, 2018 11:49 AM

I was just thinking he always surround himself with those black underage boys . Mmm maybe he.s fond of little black boys he can fondle . He always goes without his wife .

by Anonymousreply 268November 28, 2018 12:17 PM

Great, now we can add pedo to the list.

let's recap, shall we... he's gay, no wait bi, a coke addict, dim, depressed, famewhore, party boy, womanizer, pussy whipped....

by Anonymousreply 269November 28, 2018 12:21 PM

And this can be the secret that binds these two . She knows his dirty stuff that’s for sure . And why she can get away with so many stuff and he never can control her like she does him .

by Anonymousreply 270November 28, 2018 12:21 PM

If things get ugly you just know they'll fly Oprah over for "THE TRUE STORY".

by Anonymousreply 271November 28, 2018 12:31 PM

R271 Yes. Just like that Oprah and Doria interview.

Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 272November 28, 2018 12:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273November 28, 2018 12:41 PM

Kate has such amazing hair; she looks very good here. William has slimmed down.

by Anonymousreply 274November 28, 2018 12:47 PM

Kate wears hair extensions or as some have said in the past; a wiglet. Her hairdresser mentioned it a few years ago followed by a quick denial by kate. She didn't want that out there.

Kate's real hair is similar to her sister pippa.

by Anonymousreply 275November 28, 2018 12:56 PM

R269 - Well, you know the old saying, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

I don't know about gay, bi, or coke addict, but at east a few of the other qualities on that list seem appropriate: he is dim, he is pussy-whipped (please!), he probaby has extensive experience with depression, as the photos from Vegas show he was something of a party boy, and his womanising was part of the reason his relationships with Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas.

And she does control him. That was obvious from the start - do you think Harry would have threatened the British press on his own? Or had the spine to tell her that she shouldn't do that Vanity Fair article because if you want to gain the BRF's confidence, you don't talk to the press - that discretion is all?

All in all, it's a pretty good description of Harry with a few odd suspect bits thrown in.

However, in the Queen and the machine behind the BRF, Meghan's finally come up against something she can't control or pussywhip or force to her will.

Hence, her "home base" in a dull market town in a mere 5-bedroom outdated not particularly splendid cottage, with just a couple of rooms in St. James Palace like any other MINOR ROYAL when she and Harry have to stay in London. Rather than her dreams of being on an equal footing with the future Queen Consort of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Just wait till HM is raptured and William and Kate are Prince and Princess of Wales and raking in the revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall, and their long memories of how Sparkle acted when she got in the door, and they ruthlessly but carefully marginalise the Sussexes and their children.

William strikes me as a once burnt, twice shy sort of bloke, with a long and unforgiving memory, especially where his wife and children are concerned.

Sparkle should have taken the longer view and realised that the name of the game here is ingratiation, not auditioning for Better Ingenue Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 276November 28, 2018 1:00 PM

R275 - Link please to the quote by the hairdresser. And as for a "wiglet" - photos of Kate at 18 show the same luxurious thick hair, long before she became William's squeeze. Her hair looks fantastic - as opposed to Meghan's which looks like over-processed straw.

by Anonymousreply 277November 28, 2018 1:04 PM

Tsk tsk, another thread grayed out. You girls just can't keep it classy

by Anonymousreply 278November 28, 2018 1:07 PM

The people calling Meghan a D-List actress are so poorly misinformed. She had a main role on one of the most successful TV shows in recent years. Most television actresses would have killed for her spot

by Anonymousreply 279November 28, 2018 1:21 PM

I call her a C-list actress not a D-list.

And Suits sucks, most successful tv show my ass. We're not speaking about True Detective, Game of Throne or the Walking Dead here.

by Anonymousreply 280November 28, 2018 1:24 PM

R278 - the question is, who is defining "classy" here?

by Anonymousreply 281November 28, 2018 1:25 PM

*his womanising was one reason his relationships with Chelsy Davy and Cressida Bonas failed . . .

R276

by Anonymousreply 282November 28, 2018 1:27 PM

R279 - She played a secondary, not a primary character on a cable show that was something of a joke, and after 15 years of trying desperately to break in, it was, at 35, the ONLY real acting job she had ever had, and her producer husband got her that. Lots of people didn't even know who she was when the news broke, and if it weren't for "Suits", NOBODY would have known about her as an actress at all. Toronto isn't Hollywood. And at 35, she was aging out of her role on "Suits" and roles like it rapidly, something she knew quite well. She was a virtual Nobody, wanting desperately to be a Big Somebody, and that's what she got with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 283November 28, 2018 1:32 PM

Wrong R283 Her character is on almost every episode and has numerous plot lines focused on her. Sometimes several per season. She was billed as "main" from season one. She probably has the third highest amount of screen time in the series. Do educate yourself

by Anonymousreply 284November 28, 2018 1:35 PM

I predict that they will get Apt 1 at Kensington Palace in due course. In time, we'll see reports of "the D and D of Sussex will be STAYING at Kensington Palace while in London." Then it will get leaked that they're STAYING in Apt 1. Then, at some point, it will be reported that they're LIVING in Apt 1, and then that Apt will will be their London home. The BRF are good about trickling this sort of information out to the public. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I really DO think that things are being blown way out of proportion here at DL. H and M are just fine, and who knows - perhaps they actually DID choose FC for themselves. On another note, I'm sure that Harry has versed her well on the snakes she has to watch out for within the family - those would be Andrew and Fergie, no doubt. Andrew is hell bent on his daughters being perpetually recognized as the BLOOD PRINCESSES they are. Check him at at the beginning of this video during the Queen's Golden Jubilee directing Harry from his spot next to Phil so his own kids could stand next to him. Phil didn't like it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 28, 2018 1:36 PM

That's nonsense R285.

If they get apt1, why not say so?

From the beginning people said they would get apt1 and suddenly BP would be paying game to make people think they don't get Apt1 to finally give them Apt1 after one or two years?

I just don't see the interest.

by Anonymousreply 286November 28, 2018 1:41 PM

Apt. 1 is going to be offices now after having had a multi-million makeover for her. She blew her chance.

by Anonymousreply 287November 28, 2018 1:43 PM

I know now why THE FREEZE accured with his brother . Other things are at play with these two and its not the fact that MeAgain let Kate cry . I think Kate is a grow up woman . Why would she cry because MeAgain was rude toCharlotte. She would have killed her If she did that . And that’s the real reason why they have to live at Toad Hall as someone said .

by Anonymousreply 288November 28, 2018 1:48 PM

“Occured “ sorry .

by Anonymousreply 289November 28, 2018 1:50 PM

Its the BRFs loss if they push Meghan away over that. They were getting stale and MM provided a much needed influx of attention and admiration

by Anonymousreply 290November 28, 2018 1:51 PM

Daily Mail this morning

Duchess of Cambridge hasn't ruled out baby #4

by Anonymousreply 291November 28, 2018 1:53 PM

LOL remember the people thinking this would end in quiet divorce? Get used to Megahn, she will be in the BRF spotlight for decades to come

by Anonymousreply 292November 28, 2018 1:55 PM

Okay. They did a roughly 2M $ renovation on Apt 1 for office space to accommodate staff. If you say so. I say that Apt will remain empty after the old couple move out, ready and waiting for H and M. William's move to KP played out the same way.

by Anonymousreply 293November 28, 2018 2:00 PM

Yep, she gets all the Daily Mail, Sun, Mirror and Daily Telegraph attention.

by Anonymousreply 294November 28, 2018 2:00 PM

Kate looked well rested this morning, Prince William had his hands shoved in his pockets,probably holding down that abnormally large tallywacker.

by Anonymousreply 295November 28, 2018 2:02 PM

R294 Diana got all the same. Are you going to argue she wasn't an amazing princess?

by Anonymousreply 296November 28, 2018 2:02 PM

They will never move back to KP . The last thing Kate and William want now is his brother and wife there . They literally have burried them at Frogmore Cottage .

by Anonymousreply 297November 28, 2018 2:09 PM

R292 Megs and Ginger have been married for 6 months. A more realistic, less myopic view of the situation would say that divorce will occur within 3 to 5 years, once Megs has become bored with her child-man and the heavily restricted, regimented life, stepped on one too many Royal toes, truly believes that her next opportunity up the ladder has come along. No doubt she will definitely be in the spotlight, but not due to altruism.

Much like Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 298November 28, 2018 2:23 PM

[quote]the most obvious difference would be that a black girl wasn't being shoved into the grounds' equivalent of slave quarters.

Please don’t minimize the vile institution of slavery with silly comparisons like this.

by Anonymousreply 299November 28, 2018 2:23 PM

R278, R279, R284, R290, and R292 are all the same person.

by Anonymousreply 300November 28, 2018 2:49 PM

So are the Cambridge"s trying for another child....wow

by Anonymousreply 301November 28, 2018 3:03 PM

R296 Slow down, Meghan is far far far to be an other Diana.

by Anonymousreply 302November 28, 2018 3:04 PM

R300... so what? People can’t have an opinion that differs from yours? And you wonder why these threads keep getting banned. Unless someone’s a Russian bot, let people have their opinions. I came here to read funny, witty discussions about MM, and instead, I’m in a kids’ playground

by Anonymousreply 303November 28, 2018 3:16 PM

I think that Cottage looks so cozy. I'd want to live there. But will the airplanes overhead be making a lot of noise?

by Anonymousreply 304November 28, 2018 3:21 PM

According to some people you can't stay outside on summer because of the airplanes.

Living near an airport is no joke on long term.

by Anonymousreply 305November 28, 2018 3:25 PM

Nobody in Britain had ever heard of her until she got lawyers to send a threatening letter to ALL the press accusing them of racism - from an unknown second banana actress on a cable show not shown in Britain. Nobody knew she was fucking Harry until she made such a fuss about it, THAT is the reason for the press hostility. She used legal threats to give herself a PR boost in a place where nobody had ever set eyes on her.

by Anonymousreply 306November 28, 2018 3:45 PM

R306 Honey that was Harry defending her, not MM

by Anonymousreply 307November 28, 2018 3:46 PM

R307 Honey, that was pure idiocy nevertheless.

by Anonymousreply 308November 28, 2018 3:52 PM

You people are so over the top and wonder why the threads get grayed out. No one is allowed to have a positive opinion of MM. Anyone who does must be shamed and run out. Completely ridiculous.

Nothing inspires fantacism on DL like hating MM or loving Timothee C. And you ruin the thread for everyone else who just wants to discuss this stuff

by Anonymousreply 309November 28, 2018 3:58 PM

Vogue article speculates why/whom is behind pitting Kate against MM

Maybe those who stand to loose as Prince Charles ascends the throne.Vogue said it won't be his kids

There you have it,its the cousins.

by Anonymousreply 310November 28, 2018 4:08 PM

R309, so you're the one responsible for the Meghan-related threads to get deleted ...

Let me tell you this:

Fuck you, you little piece of sugary shit.

by Anonymousreply 311November 28, 2018 4:10 PM

R307 may be unfamiliar with the concept of a Narcissist’s “flying monkeys”.

I’m sure Harry doesn’t recognize that he is one, either.

by Anonymousreply 312November 28, 2018 4:13 PM

I bet MM's baby is premature. A premature 10 pounder.

by Anonymousreply 313November 28, 2018 4:13 PM

R311 I have never once FF'd a Meghan thread. Unlike you I don't get unhinged by people disagreeing with me. Get a life

by Anonymousreply 314November 28, 2018 4:14 PM

R309 is the embodiment of gas lighting. (No wonder this frau foams at the mouth over a narcissist.) Just gray rock the mother fucker.

by Anonymousreply 315November 28, 2018 4:14 PM

R314 >>Unlike you I don't get unhinged by people disagreeing with me.<<

Yeah - YOU don't even let people disagree with you by undermining their right to have a different opinion in the first place.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 316November 28, 2018 4:18 PM

If all the racial obsession going on in this thread is indicative on what was going on in the 'Tendrils' threads that got pulled, then good riddance. I feel really sullied to have participated in this one, and will exit it and not return.

by Anonymousreply 317November 28, 2018 4:19 PM

While it can be safely established that she's an asshole, I don't hate Meghan Markle.

I do HATE her unhinged fans, though.

by Anonymousreply 318November 28, 2018 4:20 PM

R317, oh please fuck off at last - but hey, don't forget to make sure this very thread gets deleted as well!

by Anonymousreply 319November 28, 2018 4:21 PM

The latest Tendrils thread was a pretty peaceful place until some Meghan lunatic started stirring shit again.

There was even appreciation of Markle having finally getting it right with the dark red / marroon coat.

Not that the Meghan loons would've noticed.

by Anonymousreply 320November 28, 2018 4:25 PM

I don't bother to post anymore, r317.

-- OP Dangling Tendrils

by Anonymousreply 321November 28, 2018 4:27 PM

Is Frogmore Cottage that bad? Do the Sussexes entertain friends or throw intimate dinner parties? Are they entertained by friends?

Usually at that stage of life, married people have other couples over for casual dinners and go on double dates for drinks/dinners out. Harry seems to have a group of friends; do they see them socially?

I’m just trying to imagine why they wouldn’t want to have a little cosmopolitan social life in London. Why didn’t they get a nice flat in town, if they want to break tradition? That seems pretty acceptable; a little pied a terre.

by Anonymousreply 322November 28, 2018 4:29 PM

R321, as if we're supposed to believe YOU were the creator of the Tendrils threads.

You're probably just R317 talking to yourself, you fucking Meghan lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 323November 28, 2018 4:30 PM

All this "tendrils" nonsense is such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 324November 28, 2018 4:31 PM

The last thread wasn't grayed out because people went into action and W&W'd the OP.

There are so many "innocent" threads grayed out right now. It's pretty stupid.

by Anonymousreply 325November 28, 2018 4:35 PM

She simply isn't suitable as is. Thus we have sent them off to Purgatory, to have the birth whilst learning some Royal decorum. We even included a leaflet with illustrations of the various waves (the changing the light bulb wave, the elbow-elbow-wrist-wrist-wrist, and so forth). Hopefully they will return to London with a freshened outlook.

by Anonymousreply 326November 28, 2018 4:38 PM

if you see someone praise Meghan and your first reaction is to FF that person, you are the unhinged one sweetie.

It's never even occurred to me to FF the people slamming MM, even though I'm a fan, because I'm not 10 years old. This is pathetic

You don't own this site. People can praise her as much as they want. Again, grow up

by Anonymousreply 327November 28, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote] Check him at at the beginning of this video during the Queen's Golden Jubilee directing Harry from his spot next to Phil so his own kids could stand next to him.

Shouldn't Harry have been standing next to his father and brother where Andrew directed him?

by Anonymousreply 328November 28, 2018 4:43 PM

Yes they can r327, the can also criticize her too. You see how this works?

by Anonymousreply 329November 28, 2018 4:44 PM

Exactly r329 I don't FF people criticizing her. I do not understand the drive to FF her supporters. Yet it's on every single MM thread. Look at r300. On no other thread on DL are people called out just so others can FF them for their opinion.

by Anonymousreply 330November 28, 2018 4:46 PM

Speaking of FF/WW, I can’t tell which one I’ve pressed. They both disappear as an option if I hit one. If I FF, shouldn’t there still be the option to correct it with a WW?

by Anonymousreply 331November 28, 2018 4:49 PM

People are too FFhappy these days.

by Anonymousreply 332November 28, 2018 4:50 PM

And I am trying to get this thing back on topic before we lose THIS one, too.

So do the Sussexes entertain other couples for dinner, the way other 30-something married couples do? Why can’t they have a pied a terre in the city proper?

Why haven’t they gone on a Caribbean vacation yet?

by Anonymousreply 333November 28, 2018 4:51 PM

No problem I can see if people want to praise Meghan. But there is one poster in particular who wants to hurl racist epithets and then shriek and sling shit about criticism toward anything related to Meghan is racist based. They purposely devolve the conversation into histrionics thereby shunting dialogue and the odd witty repartee. Lavish adulation upon the wannabe starlet all you want--just bear in mind many of us find her self-absorbing antics repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 334November 28, 2018 4:51 PM

>>You don't own this site.<<

And so do you.

I don't mind people praising Meghan if there's something to praise. Which, in fact, was the case in the latest Tendrils thread. (The dark red coloured wardrobe. She looked really nice in that one!)

by Anonymousreply 335November 28, 2018 4:52 PM

This thread won't see tomorrow.

Adios

by Anonymousreply 336November 28, 2018 4:53 PM

I suspect they may do much of their socializing at Soho Farmhouse so is there any real need to have a London house, a house 30 minutes from the center of London and another rented cowshed somewhere around an hours drive from central London all while spending a lot of time at Soho Farmhouse?

by Anonymousreply 337November 28, 2018 4:54 PM

The only posts I EVER FF are for Trumpists. Anyone FFing opinions of MM on either side is pathetic.

R335 that's just the attitude I'm talking about it. Its not up to you to decide when people are allowed to praise her. If you don't like they said just write a post slamming their opinion. I've written and received plenty myself. But taking it farther than that with the sugar labels and other nonsense is stupid

by Anonymousreply 338November 28, 2018 4:54 PM

R333 They don't have friends. The Harkles are self-sufficient.

Anyway, I would not want to be stuck in a dinner between Nacho the Romance writer and Jessica the Toronto plastic doll.

by Anonymousreply 339November 28, 2018 4:55 PM

The "That's racist!" poster is annoying, but I will concede that there is at least one guy who is dropping subtle racist remarks in his posts. It's really weird, too. He'll drop in a very subtle racist remark that has nothing to do with the rest of his post. Not sure if he's trolling or actually a (subconscious?) racist. If he is a racist, you're not going to change his mind. Just ignore the comment.

Then there's one dude who gets so riled up over little things he starts dropping the F bomb in every sentence of his post.

I can't help but think that the person responsible for shutting down the threads is one of the three individuals above...on a trollish power trip.

by Anonymousreply 340November 28, 2018 5:02 PM

Why woud I Iie about being the OP, r323.

by Anonymousreply 341November 28, 2018 5:16 PM

R328, you must have missed it before Andrew shewed him away that Phil, HIMSELF, invited Harry to stand next to him. Andrew is a fucking asshole. He's the one written about in books authored by some former help as answering to his footman's "Good morning, your Royal Highness" with a resolute "FUCK OFF!" His adjacent character of Simon on E's "The Royals" is probably right on the money.

by Anonymousreply 342November 28, 2018 5:19 PM

Supposedly Meghan is such the pompous twat, all of her engagements on behalf of the BRF from now on have to go through a select committee for oversight and approval. I'm sure the diva duchess embraces that new development about as much as she and Harry "chose" the council house, I mean cottage, at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 343November 28, 2018 5:20 PM

Ann's kids might be okay under King Charles,but Andrew and Edwards kids might end up treated worse then the greedy cousins.

by Anonymousreply 344November 28, 2018 5:22 PM

I've never FFed any posts or threads just because I don't like the subject matter. But the idea that the Queen is sending Harry to Frogmore as some twisted joke, because of some obscure American plantation, really beggars belief. I do know my American history, and somehow managed to never hear of this plantation until this thread, but the idea seems to have quickly gained a lot of traction. Frogmore has been where Victoria and Albert and scores of other royals have been buried. I don't understand people twisting themselves into pretzels trying to make some racial 'burn' happen, when many of us don't give it much thought. I've otherwise liked these threads, but never really came across some of the racial obsession I've seen like upthread.

by Anonymousreply 345November 28, 2018 5:34 PM

You see them on the balcony and at events together from time to time and think that they must be a close knit family. Actually, they probably get into verbal battle and curse each other regularly, especially that Andrew. He's got an ax to grind.

by Anonymousreply 346November 28, 2018 5:36 PM

Who exactly are "the cousins" being mentioned? Which generation of cousins?

As far as the Gloucesters and/or Kents, you can check the official RF calendar of events to get an idea of who is very active on behalf of the RF.

How many people know that Princess Anne spent several days in Edmonton just recently?

Or that the Duke of Gloucester was in Thailand on an official trip?

These trips may not get the press outside of the countries being visited, but they are still vital to the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 347November 28, 2018 5:36 PM

[quote]How many people know that Princess Anne spent several days in Edmonton just recently?

She was embarrassed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348November 28, 2018 5:47 PM

Charles adores me bitches! In fact he said in spring he'll be sending me on a lovely trip to Paris.

by Anonymousreply 349November 28, 2018 5:59 PM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, r317. Tootles.

I don't get why so many, both pro- and anti-Bean, don't get that her supposed 'high popularity' or 'current visibility' really mean almost nothing in the scheme of things in the Royal Family. She's the wife of the 6th-in-line, she's the equivalent of Fergie or Sophie Wessex. Comparisons to Diana are silly, as she was Princess of Wales immediately from her marriage, and was supposed to be the future Queen. That's Kate's position now (after Camilla).

It doesn't matter how 'boring' or 'frumpy' Kate and William are; they are the future monarchs and therefore far more important than anyone else in the organization, except for Charles & Cam. They will also control the keys to the kingdom literally, ie. the funds for the rest, so to irritate or alienate them is akin to self-implosion in that family. All this fuss over H & M is transient at best, purely temporary. In a few years they won't hardly be on anyone's radar anymore.

Those who think Megs is going to have some kind of major, Diana-like public visibility and role are kidding themselves. That's not how it works in that group.

by Anonymousreply 350November 28, 2018 8:11 PM

Well, she managed to pull off this "I just got out of bed the morning after" looking photo before getting married to Prince Harry, r350.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351November 28, 2018 8:17 PM

So she did r351. Point being. She won't be having photo ops like that after her marriage. It's all pretty much controlled for her now. Royal marriage = loss of freedom, to a degree.

by Anonymousreply 352November 28, 2018 8:22 PM

[quote]Here's a newsflash: MM is a grown woman with her own life and marriage. She doesn't need to please anyone but her husband and herself. Unlike the rest of that family, she's actually worked for a living and has her own mind and identity. She wouldn't be afraid to work again, and could now actually make more money away from the Royals than with them.

[quote]It was totally immersing and investing herself in trying to please the Royals that drove Princes Di to anorexia and suicide attempts. MM is not that needy or intimidated. If she had to walk away tomorrow she could, because she's not as dependent upon all the pomp and circumstance and inflated "purpose" as those lifetime retainers, the Windsors.

[quote]I'd say its in their own best interest to not alienate MM, because she could blow the whole lid off that racist vipers nest like no one's had the opportunity to before.

MM married a senior UK royal, she knew in doing that she was marrying not only him, but his family and their "Firm", and basically what that entailed in terms of her future career. Her career melded with her marriage more of less, her future work expectations pretty much mapped out. In exchange she got a royal husband, relative wealth, access to tremendous power and priceless objects (jewels, etc) and exclusive secure housing. Not a bad deal; is she doesn't want it there will be others who will.

Of course she could leave and make her own way again. No doubt. There's nothing to stop her either; the Windsors would simply hold the door open for her and carry on as before. She'd have one problem with the kid/s: they technically are in custody of the monarch, so she'd have to stay in the UK is she wants to continue raising them. But otherwise, bye and move on.

by Anonymousreply 353November 28, 2018 8:23 PM

I assume that trip will include driving through a tunnel, r349?

by Anonymousreply 354November 28, 2018 8:26 PM

I don't think MegTungsten will quietly conform to any restrictions on appearances or by logistics and will create her own drama to get headlines and photo ops if they try to rein her in. She'll fake braxton hicks pains while walking to Church on Christmas and have all eyes on her. She'll create more security scares like at the market only it will be Harrod's or wherever she will claim she was going to buy a chicken to roast. The baby will come and she will create some incident while she was trying to go for a walk with baby and the paps scared her. Hell, rather than pay her family to keep quiet she'll reverse course and pay them to continue squawking and then she'll demand tv interviews to counter what they are saying to defend her, Dimwit's and the baby's honor. Maybe she'll pull a Jennifer Lawrence and fall on some red carpet. Her thirst for attention and mugging for the camera will not cease, she will keep clawing for it regardless what sanctions are put in place.

by Anonymousreply 355November 28, 2018 9:00 PM

Were it ever to get that bad they'll post Harry as Governor of the Bahamas and ship 'em off on a plane to Nassau before two shakes of a roast chicken. They like the Caribbean, don't they? The announcement from the palace will state that they chose the new assignment.

by Anonymousreply 356November 28, 2018 9:08 PM

Or Botswana, r356.

by Anonymousreply 357November 28, 2018 9:19 PM

She's not going to be at Sandringham at Christmas. Neither, of course, is her mother, despite Sparkle's attempted push of the Queen.

Wherever the Sussex duo are at Christmas, they can always call the paps to assure pictures. She's done it before.

Will she and Harry go to church? It's possible, but I don't really think either of them are church goers.

by Anonymousreply 358November 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Are the Sussex church goers?

If the Queen isn't there, I mean?

by Anonymousreply 359November 28, 2018 9:35 PM

Right now, Meghan probably realizes she should be feeling sad. There must be a way to get some exposure here. She's probably planning to sit sad-faced and alone outside some structure on Christmas day, like Diana in front of the Taj Mahal. But cradling her bump, of course.

by Anonymousreply 360November 28, 2018 9:35 PM

Baby Dorkus will have the most fabulous playhouse evah, and there shalt be NO SPOILED CHILDREN ALLOWED.

It shall be used to play refugee kitchen, or any pretentious event and all the nattier children of the smart preschool Dork will attend.

Of course, the Queen who weekends at Windsor will have a new favorite slew of grands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361November 28, 2018 10:11 PM

Thy playhouse is hilarious! It’s nicer than my house!

by Anonymousreply 362November 28, 2018 10:15 PM

Baby Lolita Tiggas Doria Diana Von Mountbatten Windsor will need her own private pool and a shop full of pool toys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363November 28, 2018 10:20 PM

"Also, the nobility tends to stick to their own ranks when it comes to choosing mates. The Dukes are fairly closely related to one another, cousin marriages being somewhat common. While there are occasional marriages out of the class, that usually occurs to obtain an heiress. One danger of inbreeding is infertility. "

-- Excerpt from link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 28, 2018 10:25 PM

Prince Harry’s ex Chelsy Davy appears to be following in the footsteps of his wife, Meghan.

The 33-year-old blonde is launching lifestyle blog AYA, which will focus on travel — echoing Meghan’s website, The Tig, which she shut down in 2017 when her relationship with Harry became serious.

‘My vision for AYA is for it to become a luxury African lifestyle brand that represents “everything Africa, everything luxury”,’ explains Chelsy.

‘I want AYA to capture the beauty and spirit of Africa in every way... in travel, apparel, fashion and artisan.’ She’s certainly got the patter down.

by Anonymousreply 365November 28, 2018 10:47 PM

Chelsy was born in Africa, right? Forgot which country. Wasn't it Zimbabwe?

by Anonymousreply 366November 28, 2018 10:58 PM

Also read today in the Sun UK that MM trashed Kate for putting George in shorts. Said she would NEVER do anything so low class.

by Anonymousreply 367November 28, 2018 10:59 PM

SHORT SHRIFT? Meghan Markle ‘determined her child won’t be paraded around in shorts like Kate Middleton’s son Prince George’, reports claim

MEGHAN Markle is clearly a very modern royal.

And according to Heat, she'll continue to break the mould after she and husband Prince Harry welcome their first child next spring.

The magazine claims that Meghan, 37, wants to "break with tradition" and "reflect the modern woman", a decision that will influence the way she raises her son or daughter.

Apparently, it could even affect the way she dresses them.

We often see Kate Middleton and Prince William's son Prince George in shorts - a tradition in the Royal Family - but Meghan may not follow suit.

A source tells the publication: "She's determined her child won't be paraded around in little shorts like Prince George."

The reason little Prince George is rarely seen in trousers or dungarees is because it's a silent British class marker, according to an etiquette expert.

William Hanson claims trousers are deemed “suburban” – something no self-respecting royal would want to be considered.

He said while he doubts there "would have been a memo sent around Kensington Palace telling George to wear shorts", Kate would be aware of clothing protocol.

William added: "I don't think that the sartorial rule of shorts for young boys would be a new one for Catherine.

He told The Sun Online: “Not only does The Duchess of Cambridge have to worry about dressing herself but she has to dress her own children appropriately.

"She has to find a balance between royal tradition, heritage and more proletariat customs, such as the ‘suburban’ habit of making young boys wear trousers."

"I bet her brother James wore shorts as a boy and Sophie Wessex has dressed her son in a similar fashion."

William said the dress code harks back to historic traditions that state"shorts are for little boys, trousers are for men".

It is likely that George will start wearing trousers at around "seven or eight years old".

Heat has also reported that Meghan is said to want to "help normalise" breastfeeding by doing so in public and is keen for Harry, 34, to be seen carrying their baby.

In general, the former Suits actress's birthing plan is "unlike anything the Royal Family has ever seen".

The magazine claims that she wants a home birth in a "pool set up in a relaxing environment".

This is very different from the way Kate welcomed her three children, who were all born in the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital, London.

Kate, 36, was following in Princess Diana's footsteps, who had both Harry and Prince William at the unit.

Kensington Palace was contacted but declined to comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 28, 2018 11:04 PM

Really interesting the Meg haters are now dreaming up occasions where Markle attacks babies.As they mutter racist epitaphs and advise others to respect the crown.You all are disgusting cows.The crown is NOTHING you will ever understand.

by Anonymousreply 369November 28, 2018 11:09 PM

Take a Xanax, wash it down with a Bacardi and coke and try to get back in touch with reality r369.

by Anonymousreply 370November 28, 2018 11:12 PM

LEAKED: MM & PH left PC's birthday before PHILLIP!!! That's just coming out now. PP is 97 & quote said it was "UNUSUAL for anyone to leave befoe PP"

by Anonymousreply 371November 28, 2018 11:13 PM

Reports coming out that PW wanted PH & MM gone from KP.

by Anonymousreply 372November 28, 2018 11:15 PM

Epitaph? Do you mean epithet, dumbass?

by Anonymousreply 373November 28, 2018 11:16 PM

[R370]

No i don't partake in idle druguse,its gross... ...an low class.Get help

by Anonymousreply 374November 28, 2018 11:17 PM

INSIDERS saying that MM is playing the DIANA card to PH for sympathy, they've been fighting & yelling and she is saying quite frequenly how she wants to be "just like Diana & carry on Diana's legacy". For now PH is going along with this but insiders say it's manipulative and he knows it & dosesn't like it

by Anonymousreply 375November 28, 2018 11:17 PM

More! More gossip, please! Finally this thread is back on track.

by Anonymousreply 376November 28, 2018 11:19 PM

The one occasion where she wore stockings was in front of the queen. Usually - no stockings, many times, no underwear. Like that 2 side-split striped dress in Australia and she sat down.

by Anonymousreply 377November 28, 2018 11:19 PM

If Harry did not "want to live in a goldfish bowl", why the F did marry someone who loves the goldfish bowl & will do everything to stay in the news including LEAKING everything daily?

by Anonymousreply 378November 28, 2018 11:21 PM

Thank you for the freshly brewed tea. Keep it pouring darlings! (even if it means a demitasse at a time)

by Anonymousreply 379November 28, 2018 11:25 PM

TMZ article & photo on Cory Vitiello & Meghan Markle was telling. Obviously, some more shade is coming. That pic was dated in May of 2016. , In SEPT 2016 MM wrote an article stating that her & PH had been seeing each other on the sly for 6 months. Which means March 2016.

MAY 2016 pic below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 28, 2018 11:27 PM

R368's article makes me fondly remember one of our late Dangling Tendrils threads, in which one particularly witty poster invented a line of children's clothing called SohoBébé. Each item was black, including the christening gown. The catalogue descriptions were wonderful. I hope someone has those posts saved!

by Anonymousreply 381November 28, 2018 11:29 PM

On the secret FB acct someone wrote that they were once a sugar, big Sugar with a FB Sugar site. Then came to the realization that MM was a manipulative grifting fraud. Especially since the Sugars attacked someone viciously.

I think I'm saying to the Sugars, there's hope for you yet.

by Anonymousreply 382November 28, 2018 11:30 PM

There's a place on Gab if we get shut down again. Look for MEGHAN MARKLE in the topics. #FreeSpeech

by Anonymousreply 383November 28, 2018 11:31 PM

"Secret facebook account"? While there might be hope for the "sugars," the same cannot be said for you.

by Anonymousreply 384November 28, 2018 11:32 PM

ENTY said more shade is coming. National Enquirer sent shade too. I think because of the Elton Jon scandal a couple of years ago, UK DL'ers can't access NE. But for others, worth a look. Might also be banned in all EU countries too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385November 28, 2018 11:34 PM

BTW I'm R384 - I would rather stay here. Just saying that's an alt if we get shut down. I do not like Gab that much. I want to stay here

by Anonymousreply 386November 28, 2018 11:35 PM

Prince Harry feels imprisoned at KP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 28, 2018 11:38 PM

Twin news is strong. If she has a boy/girl set of twins that will cause a huge outcry in the UK as sex selection is against the law via IVF.

by Anonymousreply 388November 28, 2018 11:39 PM

Prince Harry apparently spent time in Africa with his secret boyfriend Adam Bidwell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389November 28, 2018 11:40 PM

Also saw PH in Africa with a very attractive blonde woman next to him.

by Anonymousreply 390November 28, 2018 11:42 PM

How much do we love that Meghan loves the same earriings that Kendall KARTRASHIAN loves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391November 28, 2018 11:43 PM

Same brand of fake lashes, too!

by Anonymousreply 392November 28, 2018 11:49 PM

Pic in R391 - wig. Very sad imho. Great black hairstyles everywhere today & she's shoving her natural hair in wigs. You can see the wig there too.

by Anonymousreply 393November 28, 2018 11:49 PM

Judi Dench's lover Abdul resided at Frogmore Cottage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394November 28, 2018 11:56 PM

R388, what if she had the IVF done in Canada or another country?

I bet it IS twins. Been saying that since she wore that maternity coat at the York girl’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 395November 29, 2018 12:56 AM

Well she did make that little solo trip to Canada where it was "leaked" that she was so nice to flight attendants while sipping peppermint tea...

by Anonymousreply 396November 29, 2018 1:00 AM

Twins would explain why she’s so broad in the beam as they say, so early in the pregnancy. I mean her ass is huge!

by Anonymousreply 397November 29, 2018 1:09 AM

R397 - She may or may not be having twins, but that isn't why she's so broad in the beam . . . it's just how she carries. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark had twins and didn't like Meghan does now throughout her pregnancy. Women just carry differently.

by Anonymousreply 398November 29, 2018 1:24 AM

E385 - Enty prints whatever he thinks will get the most clicks for his advertisers. He wouldn't know, not nohow not no way. Ditto Enquirer.

Savvy Kate with her gracious statement on the Leicester walkabout - it makes her look, again, so much the Nice Girl. If indeed it was off the cuff and not a prepared statement as I originally thought at first glance, it shows how well Kate has learned to play this game.

Kate looked very relaxed, confident, and charming today on her walkabout, collecting flowers. She is definitely the one coming out of this smelling like roses.

I just know we're all looking forward to the Sandringham Christmas service walk.

by Anonymousreply 399November 29, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote]Women just carry differently.

They sure do, r398!

by Anonymousreply 400November 29, 2018 1:35 AM

Anyone else find it really CREEPY AF that she had a nose job with fillers to match Prince Harry's nose, in between the time she dumped husband #2 (producer who got her the Suits job) & Cory Vitiello? Previously, her sideview was very, uh, porcine, like her father's & sisters

by Anonymousreply 401November 29, 2018 1:44 AM

Her mother's nose here, very very wide, like her mother's nose. Her father has a wide nose too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402November 29, 2018 1:50 AM

These photos don't show her with Harry's nose and no one in her family has PH's nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403November 29, 2018 1:52 AM

She's also got bald spots on the left side because of the chemical toxic straighteners, aka Brazilian/Keratin which will wreck your scalp, possibly permanently and cause baldness. They contain formaldehyde. Or the old black staighteners which are also absolutely horrific for curly haired women that smell like rotten eggs & contain lye or if not lye something so horribly toxic.

There's another bald spot I've seen on the right hand side behind her ear, and then there's bald spots on top of her head.

Also notice her grey hair which she's since been dying, prob using the worst chemicals to get rid of that too.

by Anonymousreply 404November 29, 2018 2:00 AM

R404, acatually, straighteners today do not contain formaldehyde, including Brazilian/Keratin. They can be somewhat damaging but the risk is low for damage since conditioners are used during the process. Hair color isn’t damaging either, unless you’re stripping color out, which she isn’t. What’s really damaging to MM’s hair are the extensions. They are terribly damaging—they cause hair loss and bald spots, but people love the way they look.

by Anonymousreply 405November 29, 2018 2:07 AM

R404, I don’t like her either, but I’m not going to pick on her for having gray hair at age 36. I don’t know enough about hair color chemicals to say, but I imagine there are gentle dyes to cover gray. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 406November 29, 2018 2:08 AM

re gossip bits like those at r375 - do you have links to the source? would like to read more.

I understand people looking for alternatives to gather in case of other deletions here, but Gab is a far-right/alt right site and I won't frequent it out of principle. Are there any other chat sites around?

by Anonymousreply 407November 29, 2018 2:11 AM

Criticising Meghan Markle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 29, 2018 2:12 AM

I think she had a very, very subtle nose job. The shape and size was OK to begin with. But if you want to be an actress, an "OK" nose is not good enough. I don't think that she had a ski jump added on purpose. She probably went to a plastic surgeon who's stuck in the 80s, when the ski jump look was popular.

by Anonymousreply 409November 29, 2018 2:21 AM

Echoing r407... I come to DL for almost all of my gossip, especially political, but it would be nice to have alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 410November 29, 2018 2:26 AM

R407 not really. There's the place on FB that's a secret place. But Gab is it. It's not actually a "far right" site, it's actually for free speech. There's some lefties there too. It's sad that ALL of the mainstream social media sites have banned people, ykwim? People like to be social! Also Gab has new ban & mute buttons there. Not saying you should sign up, but the places I know about that are free speech & you won't get your threads deleted are just Gab & Minds. I'm willing to put up with some crazies bc I want my posts to stay up.

by Anonymousreply 411November 29, 2018 2:50 AM

R405 do you have a link to that? The FDA says the Brazilian Blowout & Keratin still have formaldehyde

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412November 29, 2018 2:53 AM

People are thinking that its a slight that MM and Harry are moving to Frogmore Cottage, but William and Kate also moved to a cottage in Wales when they were newly married. That cottage too wasnt very fancy. How do you explain that?

Also, I agree with the people who say that marrying into the royal family is a job. Thats why many of Harry's previous gfs didnt marry him, they did not want to live that kind of a life.

I mean sure, you get cool jewellery and a lavish lifestyle, but every single action/look of yours is criticised to death. You forego any life/career of your own and have to uphold a lot of archaic protocol and rules. Plus this entire family is racist and evil. MM knew what she was getting into and good luck to her. I mean, she was a c-list actress before and is now one of the most famous women in the world. People who never knew she existed, know her name now. Probably she is happy with that.

by Anonymousreply 413November 29, 2018 2:54 AM

R413 I think Cressida & Chelsy didn't marry him because he cheated on them with other women and hookers. Either one would have done the job if he hadn't done that.

by Anonymousreply 414November 29, 2018 2:55 AM

Apartment 1A in Kensington Palace took 18 months to be renovated. Was that why K&W moved to a different place? Also they always had Nott Cottage.

by Anonymousreply 415November 29, 2018 3:04 AM

I also have issues with Gab because its hosted on a strange foreign domain: io, or British Indian Ocean. It's not even a geographic landed location. The whole enterprise seems fishy and I'd be wary of posting from my home IP there, no matter how much I'd love a totally uncensored board discussion.

No saying others shouldn't try it out. Please continue to report back to us about it so we get feedback.

by Anonymousreply 416November 29, 2018 3:09 AM

[quote]r353 Of course she could leave ... She'd have one problem with the kid/s: they technically are in custody of the monarch, so she'd have to stay in the UK is she wants to continue raising them.

If it came to it, that would be challenged in court and blasted out of the water...and before a decree was even reached the Royals would release the captive kids simply out of embarrasment - especially as said would be so far down the line of succession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417November 29, 2018 3:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418November 29, 2018 3:14 AM

R416 - it could be that it's hosted somewhere else. IDK. I just go to gab dot com these days.

by Anonymousreply 419November 29, 2018 3:15 AM

r413 Kate and William lived in the cottage in Wales (actually quite a spacious house, not small at all see photos of it) because he was stationed there with the RAF during that time. They were both actually quite happy there by all accounts.

They later moved full time to their country retreat at Anmer Hall, eschewing KP in London because they craved privacy for their family, and both love the country life. They by all accounts had to be dragged back to London to live in KP as their home base because of the Queen's advancing age and the growing call for both W & K to 'step up' and take on their roles and royal responsibilities. If they had their way, they'd go back to living at Anmer full time and keep KP as a workday layover spot. No such luck.

Haz & Megs have, oddly, almost the opposite problem. They have the very small Nott Cott at KP, only because it was Harry's bachelor pad. There seemed to be the understanding that after they wed and had children, they too would move up to a larger space at KP and take on senior royal work, alongside W &K. Meghan by all accounts is a city girl, raised in the heart of LA, schooled in Chicago and working in Toronto. They both like their weekend country retreat to the Cotswolds and all, but London was where it was at.

The current surprise is they are now basing themselves full time out in the country/suburbia, and leaving London completely, whether by choice or forced direction who knows. They are going to the life that W & K would love to have, while W & K have the digs that Meghan would probably covet. It's like no one wins here.

by Anonymousreply 420November 29, 2018 3:19 AM

r418 Diana lived across the way at Apt 8/9 at KP, not 1A. 1A was Princess Margaret's spot for many years, then converted to office space after her death, and re-converted to a family space for W & K.

by Anonymousreply 421November 29, 2018 3:21 AM

The reason Will and Kate were in a cottage the first years of their marriage was Will was active duty in the Royal Air Force and was on assignment as an air ambulance pilot in Wales. The Anglesey Cottage was like set up like an American farmhouse and the Cambridges felt perfectly content there. Will had to be persuaded by the Queen herself to leave that behind and assume a more prominent role in the BRF. HM gave them Anmer Hall (a large manor house) in her Sandringham estate as their country abode on top of Princess Margaret's old home, Apt 1A, which included massive upgrades to the apartment. It is said William actually wanted Diana's old place in Kensington Palace but the Firm wanted William in the grandest spot because he is afterall an heir apparent. Hierarchy is everything. Plus, I would imagine they wanted to put Diana in the past in anticipation of Charles' eventual accession.

by Anonymousreply 422November 29, 2018 3:21 AM

Excellent post at link re Diana's apartment at KP, with wonderful photos of the interior from when she lived there. Also has a lot of information re the current layout of apartments and cottages:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423November 29, 2018 3:30 AM

Does anyone think that MM will ever get it, as far as being in the BRF? I don't think she ever will, and this will cause tensions with PH, it probably is now. He will never give up the perks of being a Royal Heir.

by Anonymousreply 424November 29, 2018 3:45 AM

I'm glad we've moved back to the actual topic of the thread and have stopped talking about hair and nose jobs.

by Anonymousreply 425November 29, 2018 3:48 AM

R425 are you reporting people here?

by Anonymousreply 426November 29, 2018 3:49 AM

[quote]r368 Heat has also reported that Meghan is said to want to "help normalise" breastfeeding by doing so in public

I personally hope she does it at some Royal's wedding, ensconced in a pew. Hopefully right next to Princess Michael of Kunt.

Meghan will be thinking, "How do ya'all like that maternity coat NOW, bitches?!"

by Anonymousreply 427November 29, 2018 3:51 AM

R427 so you hate the BRF?

by Anonymousreply 428November 29, 2018 3:54 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be attending Pyranka's wedding in India.Probably for the best.The Duchess of Sussex needs to mind her health.

by Anonymousreply 429November 29, 2018 3:57 AM

Apparently Meghan Markle's wig has almost come off in public a few times. One where her wig was blowing all ove and PH put his hands on her wig to prevent it from blowing away, and another when she wore heels on a basketball court & a child tried to touch her wig, she was hugging the child & PH flipped out & told the kid to stop.

I can't wait to see her wig blow off in that strong British wind one day and we'll see some sort of weird bald woman underneath the wig.

by Anonymousreply 430November 29, 2018 3:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431November 29, 2018 4:02 AM

Wasn't that home previously a heritage home R431 ?

by Anonymousreply 432November 29, 2018 4:05 AM

EWG - enviro working group says that brazilians & keratin straighteners still contain formaldehyde but they hide their ingredients & they're still toxic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433November 29, 2018 4:17 AM

enough with the fucking hair.

Puhlease!

by Anonymousreply 434November 29, 2018 4:18 AM

[quote]Wasn't that home previously a heritage home [R431] ?

No, it was built in 1986

by Anonymousreply 435November 29, 2018 4:19 AM

[R429]

Priyanka Chopra

by Anonymousreply 436November 29, 2018 4:20 AM

This is jmho but I do not find Princess Michael of Kent "racist" for wearing a Blackamoor brooch or naming her black sheep Serena & Venus. That was really reaching on MM's part, look at the stuff on ebay. It's beautiful imho & celebrates not denigrates black beauty imho.

I really feel we need to take back many of these icons that are considered racist. Uncle Ben's is not racist, nor is Aunt Jemima, again, this is JMHO. Both are kind icons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437November 29, 2018 4:23 AM

I heard it was Meghan Markle & her "Communications Degree" fom NW Uni that wrote PH's missive calling all Brits "racist & sexist" & he just appoved it. That did not endear her to the public.

by Anonymousreply 438November 29, 2018 4:25 AM

R424 Harry loves to talk about how he'd like to be normal, but he just wants the perks, the status and the entitlements without the responsibility or accountability. He wants to be a rich fuckboy who answers to nobody. That's basically who he is, anyway, covered up by PR. Harry could have declined the Duke title but he snapped it right up. He could have easily pulled an Anne or an Edward instead. He accepted that embarrassing major title from his grandmother after quitting the military rather than taking the written testing that would have made him a real one. Threw away years of what his family expected would keep him busy until 40. So Invictus games was invented to suit his military persona. And he's pissing that away too. But call him Duke! He doesn't say no to that. He'll want HRH's and prince or princess for his spawn, too.

by Anonymousreply 439November 29, 2018 4:30 AM

You know she wrote that thing. "Sexist and racist." All lies. Nobody knew who the fuck she was and the only paps after her she paid herself. Toronto police investigation disproved the claims of harrassment and intimidation. Harry was SO dumb to authorize that.

We must remember that even if she has a degree - and all we know is she was listed as a candidate - it is in communications. Not the international studies and theatre that she claimed. You cannot GET more basic than a fucking communications degree. What a waste of Northwestern, but I guess it's really a B.A. in party. Again, if she even has it. The one interview I read, she was vague.

by Anonymousreply 440November 29, 2018 4:33 AM

r279 if you are talking about Suits nobody heard of it before she dated Harry

by Anonymousreply 441November 29, 2018 4:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442November 29, 2018 4:50 AM

Allegedly she worked in South American embassy for 6 months & allegedly she speaks 2 other languages. She lies so much that unless there's pix & video of her in this embassy & actually speaking 2 other languages I don't believe it. She lied about NWU.

She lied about her father not supporting her & yet, he spent so much money on her expensive private school eduation. She was NEVER poor. Ever. One phone call - "DADDY" would always bail her out.

She lied about "not having gas". EVERYTHING is a fucking lie with her.

by Anonymousreply 443November 29, 2018 4:55 AM

[quote]Heat has also reported that Meghan is said to want to "help normalise" breastfeeding by doing so in public

HOO BOY!

by Anonymousreply 444November 29, 2018 4:56 AM

[R443]

Except that Prince Harry loves her and that's really all that matters.I can remember a time when the "doubters"said Harry would never marry her. But look what happened. You lot were wrong.......

by Anonymousreply 445November 29, 2018 4:59 AM

We wee wrong R445 and? It's a gossip site.

Are you reporting us?

by Anonymousreply 446November 29, 2018 5:03 AM

George & Amal Clooney are supposed to be the official godparents

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447November 29, 2018 5:07 AM

[quote]r428 So you hate the BRF, r427 ?

I merely hate racists.

by Anonymousreply 448November 29, 2018 5:08 AM

Wasn't MM wearing a wig that night? The tendril in this video got loose and she was waving it out of her face again. Or it was a deliberate tendril to hide the bald edges on that side of her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449November 29, 2018 5:09 AM

How can the Clooneys become godparents to the Sussex baby?

I don't think Amal is even a Christian. And I doubt either of that pair are churchgoers at all.

The role of godparent is not some social role, it is a religious role. It requires certain promises from those chosen.

It's not just someone who has their picture taken at the Christening.

by Anonymousreply 450November 29, 2018 5:13 AM

So, she's on the Angelina Jolie diet? Green juice & acai bowl & "cleansing" which btw, scientists say is bs. I think before she was allegedly "expecting twins" she was just a green juice drinker & no meals.

"In an interview with Eye Swoon back in 2017, the Duchess of Sussex revealed she likes to start her day with an “acai bowl, clean cleanse shake or a green juice.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451November 29, 2018 5:14 AM

R450 Amal is Druze which is an off-shoot of the Shi-ite Muslims. And Clooney is prob atheist. Remember Davida, didn't she have the gossip on Amal? Yeah she posted a lot of crazy shit but also there were truth bombs in there regarding Amal & her Islamic Druze family.

by Anonymousreply 452November 29, 2018 5:17 AM

I’m not a fan of breast implants, but Meghan really should have gotten some.

Even when thin, her ass was huge.

Which can be great, if you are voluptuous and curvy.

But a flat, square ironing board sitting on top of a huge ass... not cute.

by Anonymousreply 453November 29, 2018 5:24 AM

She thought she was going to be a skinny Bridget Jones

by Anonymousreply 454November 29, 2018 5:25 AM

British press has turned on Meghan Markle per CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455November 29, 2018 5:25 AM

R453 I believe she had breast implants, say in the days of "Deal or No Deal" when she played suitcase girl but had them taken out. She DOES wear padded bras which the ex-DT thread pix sleuths found & pretty sure, even IF she's pregnant, she wears fake bellies. That's why it's hard to say if she's really pregnant or not. She ay be, but wearing fake bumps is not helping her PR.

by Anonymousreply 456November 29, 2018 5:28 AM

BTW, Kate won & broke the internet today by being completely nice about MM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457November 29, 2018 5:30 AM

"“Thomas is praying Meghan will give him one last chance this holiday season,” an insider recently revealed. “He’s clinging to the fact that Christmas was such a special time for them growing up, and hoping against hope that her heart will soften and she’ll at least pick up the phone and patch things up.”

According to Radar Online, Markle stopped talking to her dad shortly after her wedding when he made a series of embarrassing comments about the royal family during multiple paid interviews. Thomas also damaged his relationship with Meghan when he allegedly lied about his health after a staged photo scandal led to him to opt out of his daughter’s wedding.

Thomas has apologized repeatedly for what he did and says that he needs his daughter in his life. However, the insider says that Thomas is “growing impatient” with Meghan, and will start talking again soon if he doesn’t get any encouragement from his royal offspring.

The source added that when Samantha Markle (Meghan’s half-sister) starts to ramble, it means that Thomas isn’t far behind.

Royal biographer Robert Johnson traveled with Harry and Meghan on their recent royal tour down under. And, he revealed that when he asked the newlyweds if they had told Thomas about their pregnancy, they replied, “No comment.”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 29, 2018 5:33 AM

Another reason I dislike her. Her sister is actually disabled & not doing well financially, and her father is broke & went broke paying for her private schooling.

So, IDK if THIS person is a SUGAR or, allegedly MM herself (rumors) but this is absolutely, the lowest of the low:

"princessnpearls🖤 princessnpearls @princessnpearls · Nov 27 Bitter & broke Samantha Markle, who’s POS father Thomas Markle wouldn’t use any of his “2011 (Fake;)Facebook Stock sale” to build a wheelchair ramp for Old Sammy, making her GoFundMe 4it, watches jealously as Harry & Meghan get 1st multi-mill luxury refit."

I understand, MM is not responsible for her Sugars, her superfans, but if my sister was disabled, I would have helped her out, She could have helped her out when she was on Suits. Same for her "beloved" father that even in 2016, she talked about how much she LOVED her Daddy.

This makes me think MM is a sociopath. A narcissistic sociopath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 29, 2018 5:44 AM

That CNN article @ r455 is cringingly sycophantic. I’m actually embarrassed for the writer.

by Anonymousreply 460November 29, 2018 5:58 AM

[R446]

Gaslighting again Sugar......it won't deflect from you incorrect information about the Duchess of Sussex

It just makes your sugar less sweet

by Anonymousreply 461November 29, 2018 5:58 AM

R451 - no hun. I'm one of the Salts, the anti-MMs.

And I'm not gaslighting anyone. So, you're reporting everyone on this thead, right? I take it you got rid of theother Dangling Tendril threads because of your virtue-bullying and reporting of us.

by Anonymousreply 462November 29, 2018 6:00 AM

[quote]Except that Prince Harry loves her and that's really all that matters

By his own admission, Ginger was desperate to marry. After several knock-backs, Megs said yes please. That's not love, that's relief and gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 463November 29, 2018 6:08 AM

[R462]

NOPE,wrong again.....does truth ever come from your lying mouth.So sad.......

Your need to blame me for reporting anybody speaks volumes about your maturity (are you 5)and your own guilty conscious. So your the snitch huh?

by Anonymousreply 464November 29, 2018 6:11 AM

R453 if he hadn't cheated on Cressida & Chelsy either of them would have said yes. But he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. I'm shocked he's keeping his dick in his pants with MM, however that beautiful blonde I saw him near in Zambia - who knows what is going on there. It is probably nothing but one never knows.

by Anonymousreply 465November 29, 2018 6:15 AM

R464 "guilty conscious"

LOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 466November 29, 2018 6:16 AM

[quote]r460 That CNN article @ [R455] is cringingly sycophantic.

Not really. The only problem I can see with the writing is it doesn't really answer the question it poses in the headline.

It doesn't give specific examples of any news sources "turning" on Meghan in any way, so you don't get a true picture as to whether that may be the situation or not.

by Anonymousreply 467November 29, 2018 6:19 AM

The blond in Zimbabwe was a reporter right?

You all are confusing him with those Prince Phillip jaunts

by Anonymousreply 468November 29, 2018 6:21 AM

Why is the term "sugars" used to describe those who might like, admire, or simply be generally accepting of MM as a person?

by Anonymousreply 469November 29, 2018 6:22 AM

She didn't look like a reporter, she was pretty nicely dressed. Forgot where I saw it. Anyone have the pic?

by Anonymousreply 470November 29, 2018 6:23 AM

Sugars - IDK, but it's been around for a few years for her fans.

This goes back to an old DL thread regarding "fans" of celebs: they're all nuts. Same thing with fans of spots. Any fan of anything is usually psycho.

by Anonymousreply 471November 29, 2018 6:26 AM

R467 it goes straight to “RACIST!!!!” to explain the general dissatisfaction with her. No mention of the threats to the press when nobody had a clue who she was. No mention of the fraudulent claims of harassment. It was all “so she upset a three year old and her mother, it was her wedding she’s allowed!” but no mention that it was 3 days after Kate gave birth that Megs made her cry. It was embarrassingly one sided, no examination of her behavior that prompted the negative press. It was a poorly written sycophantic puddle.

by Anonymousreply 472November 29, 2018 6:36 AM

Sugars should be banned. It's getting on my fucking nerves.

by Anonymousreply 473November 29, 2018 6:37 AM

Anyone who uses the word sugar or sugars should be drowned in the lake at Frogmore.

by Anonymousreply 474November 29, 2018 6:40 AM

Re making Kate cry - I read somewhere that MM said that Charlotte would be likely to cause upset at the wedding, ie, criticised Kate's daughter. Possibly Charlotte was being cranky at the fitting.

I am just waiting for the day when MM does something so outrageous that she is given her marching orders and Harry is given an ultimatum - either leave with her or separate if he wants to keep his royal job.

by Anonymousreply 475November 29, 2018 6:42 AM

R475 funny you should mention that, INSIDERS have stated that THAT the RF is exactly what they've told PH a few weeks ago, "control her or leave".

by Anonymousreply 476November 29, 2018 7:07 AM

SUGARS!!!!!

Why the fuck is your problem with this word? It's basically a way to call Megs' stans.

It's like Cumberbitches or Hiddlestoners and people don't care about those specific words.

by Anonymousreply 477November 29, 2018 7:12 AM

Where did you see that, R476? I don't want him to control her. I have had a gutsful of seeing her smirking face and reading and hearing her smug, puerile pronouncements and just want her to be GONE.

by Anonymousreply 478November 29, 2018 7:15 AM

[quote]r477 It's like Cumberbitches or Hiddlestoners and people don't care about those specific words.

But, those are derived from the star's name, so they make sense (?)

by Anonymousreply 479November 29, 2018 7:34 AM

R479 True, but no one came with "Markle's Sparkles" before Sugars, so it's Sugar.

It could be worse than Sugar.

by Anonymousreply 480November 29, 2018 7:59 AM

[quote]SUGARS!!!!! Why the fuck is your problem with this word? It's basically a way to call Megs' stans.

I hate the word stans just as much. No wonder YOU use it.

by Anonymousreply 481November 29, 2018 10:19 AM

R481 No wonder you have a problem with 100% of the Earth population.

You just HATE words for whatever reason.

by Anonymousreply 482November 29, 2018 10:23 AM

Seems like Meg stans should be called Sparkles instead of Sugars

by Anonymousreply 483November 29, 2018 10:51 AM

^^ retard

by Anonymousreply 484November 29, 2018 11:14 AM

R413 - Kate and William moved to that cottage in Anglesey because it was near William's job as a rescue pilot. They weren't shunted off there by the BRF because the BRF wasn't willing to give them a London place OR a grand country place as they started having children.

The minute they got the place fit for front rank royals, and their family started to grow, Kate and William were into 22 rooms in a historic palace in the heart of London.

The cottage in Anglesey was near to William's job - it wasn't designated as their "home base" for the foreseeable future. Frogmore Cottage, which isn't grand, is rather run down, and has half the bedrooms Anmer Hall has (and whose renovations the Queen herself paid for, having the chef's kitchen redone to Kate's specifications), is the Sussex's home base from now till the end of the chapter.

It's a boot out of London, not a charming way station for a young couple whilst the hubby does his manly duty as a rescue helicopter pilot for awhile.

If you can't see the difference, you're blind. It's quite clear who the favoured couple is here, and if they aren't in better graces, it is entirely their own fault.

by Anonymousreply 485November 29, 2018 12:59 PM

R458 - Meghan ghosted her father the minute she started dating Harry. She introduced Harry to her mother, but not her father, In all the time they dated, Meghan kept Harry far away from her father. For one thing, her father is fat, slovenly, and rather sad, and probably has a few personality problems, he is most assuredly NOT on-brand and she began to put distance between them as soon as she met Harry. For another, he lacks inhibition controls, and knows far more about Meghan than she is comfortable with. She could rely on her Mum to maintain discreet silence, but not her Dad. So she dumped him.

I'm sure she told Harry some weepy story about her abusive drug addled father - she left out the bits about he spoiled her, took her along with him to his job as television lighting director, and put her through school.

She really is a hard-arsed bitch.

by Anonymousreply 486November 29, 2018 1:07 PM

A General Hospital actress (Nancy Lee Grahn) spoke very highly of Thomas Markle (she called him Tommy) on Twitter back around the wedding time. She said he was so sweet, gentle and kind and always diplomatic when instructing actors where to stand for their best light when the actors messed up. She also said whenever anyone on his lighting crew made a mistake he always took the blame for anyone working under him as he felt he was ultimately responsible and he fiercely protected his crew.

by Anonymousreply 487November 29, 2018 1:17 PM

I think he is a good man but his life is a mess and he did not have the tools to deal with the situation.

He should have been helped from the beginning, he didn't because H&M were too selfish to see the problem.

by Anonymousreply 488November 29, 2018 1:21 PM

The Kensington Palace interior decoration blog posting up thread was great to read. I know it was the 80s but Diana had horrible taste in decor. I still defend her wedding gown but those rooms were awful.

by Anonymousreply 489November 29, 2018 1:23 PM

Apparently some frau from flyover checked and there is a way to remove prince william AND his children from the line of succession! It involves parliament and blah blah but it IS possible!

Now imagine they are removed and then harry and meg decide to move to Malibu and live a life of leisure and the occasional hollywood party and let's say Andy gets in an "accident".

You know what this means, right!?

BEATRICE WILL BE QUEEN!!!

That is all I want. Bea the ginger haired Queen.

by Anonymousreply 490November 29, 2018 1:34 PM

Highly doubtful any siblings of Prince Charles will ascend the throne before he does.Just dosen't work that way

They have too many people ahead of them

by Anonymousreply 491November 29, 2018 1:41 PM

I meant after our Charlie becomes King.

by Anonymousreply 492November 29, 2018 1:45 PM

Beatrice is so regal and she is looking more confident lately.

She'd make a great Queen.

by Anonymousreply 493November 29, 2018 1:47 PM

[R492]

Okay

I like Beatrice too,but i do not think Andrew or his kids should sit on throne.No offense,but they have been stained by Sarah Ferguson

by Anonymousreply 494November 29, 2018 1:49 PM

R490, now I want something I didn’t know I wanted. Queen Bea.

by Anonymousreply 495November 29, 2018 2:04 PM

R488, I agree. It’s kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 496November 29, 2018 2:05 PM

Now they are saying Charles is behind every negative story and that he is trying to divide and conquer by turning the sussexes and cambridge against each other.

I must say, Charles reminds me of Scar from the lion king...perhaps it's the voice.

He has a history of throwing his own sons under the bus if it means good pr for him.

by Anonymousreply 497November 29, 2018 2:24 PM

Wow just peeped video of Duchess of Cambridge speaking highly of Meghan

An how they are all anxiously awaiting their "cousins"

She didn't say cousin,she said cousins.Its on ABC.com now Meg haters....watch it and weep

by Anonymousreply 498November 29, 2018 2:26 PM

Yeah well the DoC is perfect, that's why I love her FWIW. Also don't forget DoC & the BRF really do not like MM HOWEVER, none of them will ever SAY anything neg about her. They'll be nicey-nice. It's the British way. It also helps deflect the Mean Sugars.

by Anonymousreply 499November 29, 2018 2:30 PM

What do you expect Kate to say in public? I hate that fucking bitch? Really, R498, no one can be THAT gullible.

by Anonymousreply 500November 29, 2018 2:32 PM

I like "The duchess of drab and her penniless prince" title for the next meagain fashion thread.

by Anonymousreply 501November 29, 2018 2:34 PM

Also is it "the spy of kensington palace"that keeps shutting down the bitchy meghan threads?

by Anonymousreply 502November 29, 2018 2:35 PM

Meghan needs to learn how to play chess.

by Anonymousreply 503November 29, 2018 2:36 PM

R502 No, it's DL's pack of fascists.

by Anonymousreply 504November 29, 2018 2:38 PM

R503 Why?

by Anonymousreply 505November 29, 2018 2:38 PM

Please tell me meghan isn't responsible for the latest TMZ leak! This is what i mean when I say she needs to learn how to play chess. My goodness she can't be this dumb. I refuse to believe it. I hope itscharles team...

by Anonymousreply 506November 29, 2018 2:45 PM

Kate Middleton wants everyone to know Meghan Markle isn’t the only Royal with impeccable style … because Kate’s doing everything she can to keep up with Meghan’s public image. Our Royal sources say Kate is attending more events than she used to, and she’s paying much more attention to her looks … we’re talking wardrobe, hair, jewelry, make-up, the whole nine yards. Basically, we’re told Kate wants to be more visible now that Meghan is commanding the spotlight.

As you can see, Kate has totally switched up her look … combining Princess Diana’s favorite tiara with a fancy necklace and a new gown by Alexander McQueen. This ensemble for a recent state banquet is quite different from the looks we’d gotten used to seeing Kate wear. When she attended Prince Charles’ 70th birthday party on Nov. 14, Kate wore her hair up … showing off bare shoulder under very glitzy earrings. Again, a style we hadn’t seen much. For what it’s worth, Meghan also wore her hair up at that event. Kate’s been busting out some outfits from way back in the day — she’s no fool and knows that gets more coverage. Usually, she recycles a year-old jacket or two, not a dress she wore 6 years ago — a clear sign she’s trying something new.

It’s interesting … Kate’s image focus comes amid reports of tension between her and Meghan, and between William and Harry. We’ve reached out to Kensington Palace for comment, but so far no word back.

by Anonymousreply 507November 29, 2018 2:48 PM

R507 pls make sure you put a link where you found that story. I found it at TMZ after searching, if you're new here, it's down below ehre it says WEBSITE LINK - put the link in there. TY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508November 29, 2018 2:59 PM

The new TMZ article is pobably because of MM. Kate's "style" has always been the same & she's worn her hair up a lot. Kate is also naturally beautiful, with her real hair, as opposed to MM. Finally, future Queen Kate waited 10 years to marry the future King. It wasn't a whirlwind romance where 2 people did not know each other well. They knew each other very well

by Anonymousreply 509November 29, 2018 3:02 PM

[quote]Now they are saying Charles is behind every negative story and that he is trying to divide and conquer by turning the sussexes and cambridge against each other.

Where do they say that? Links, please.

by Anonymousreply 510November 29, 2018 3:08 PM

Part Three should be called [bold]"THAT GURL, MEGHAN[/bold] (& harry) are quitting London..."

by Anonymousreply 511November 29, 2018 3:08 PM

That TMZ article is just a rehash.

by Anonymousreply 512November 29, 2018 3:09 PM

another day and this train rolls on...and on..and on..

by Anonymousreply 513November 29, 2018 3:10 PM

TMZ are really scraping the barrel here. Nobody wants to emulate Megs badly fitted ugly clothes or her hooker strut.

by Anonymousreply 514November 29, 2018 3:12 PM

Fuck TMZ.

Who even looks at that shite anymore? Prisspots who are frightened of The Daily Mail, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 515November 29, 2018 3:12 PM

It's ALL shite. Kate's position is solid and unassailable. She doesn't have to play petty power games with Megs and everyone knows it. The rest simply sells papers.

by Anonymousreply 516November 29, 2018 3:15 PM

My theoy: Hazza wanted a Kate/Pippa clone - at that point MM plastic surgery had gotten her up to some faux Middleton level so he fell for her. I don't think she was a yacht girl at that point because she was living with Cory Vitiello, and he was madly in love with her. She had stalked Cory too btw. She stakes out her prey and goes for it like the viper she is. Poor guys.

by Anonymousreply 517November 29, 2018 3:42 PM

[R516]

Prince Charles behind the leaks,pure bullocks

Its the poor cousins who will loose status as Harry and William move to assume control.Charles is making changes and busy with that.Now Camilla might be involved.....dosen't she love Princess Micheal? ???An the rumors about her disliking Meghan aren't exactly whispers either

by Anonymousreply 518November 29, 2018 3:43 PM

So, then. I sorta see Meghan like so: You got a new job at a place you thought you knew a lot about. Over a period of time looking in from the outside, you took mental notes on what you thought would be good changes. OOOOOO - you're such an innovator. You're in like Flynn. You got the gig. Bear in mind that you already knew who things were done and to be done, but again, YOU think that you're going to go in and shake things up! You ignore policy and procedure and elect to do your own thing because you just KNOW that both the public and those employees already there for ages are going to come to your side and say "Good golly, Miss Molly - how did we EVER survive this far without YOU!" Ah, but you misjudged everyone and everything to do with your new position. You EVEN misjudged your importance in the whole operation because to be quite honest, all the greatness that you anticipated was only coming from your own mind and imagination. And now, you're being forced to work with those who don't care to work with you any longer because you just couldn't be glad for the gig in the first place. You came in behaving like a new branch manager when you were only hired as the girl at the drive-thru window.

OOPS!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519November 29, 2018 4:04 PM

Get over yourself if you're offended by the moniker "sugar". When I have used it I am calling you out as a bullying sycophantic supporter. As someone mentioned upthread, it could be a helluva lot worse. Own it if Meghan is your idol; embrace your moral cavities.

And you can call me snowflake, a special brand of snowflake. I proudly don my liberal raiment.

by Anonymousreply 520November 29, 2018 4:06 PM

The term “sugar” isn’t a DL phenomenon it’s common currency in many sites, can the anti-sugar zealot please focus more attention on scolding the rest of the web for using the term?

by Anonymousreply 521November 29, 2018 4:09 PM

[R519]

Funny,only Meghan has married the head of the bank.She has the title and soon the offspring of the King's son.You all fouled in not acknowledging her power early on.Now you will bear witness to her triumphant successes......which she willl make sure you witness every single time. Markle =3

Meghaters=0

by Anonymousreply 522November 29, 2018 4:17 PM

[quote]The term “sugar” isn’t a DL phenomenon it’s common currency in many sites,

Wherever it comes (teenage gurl sites) from it's SHITE. Just drop it. It's being over-used by an idiot. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 523November 29, 2018 4:20 PM

[quote]And you can call me snowflake, a special brand of snowflake. I proudly don my liberal raiment.

YOU'RE none of those things, just a fucking bore.

by Anonymousreply 524November 29, 2018 4:22 PM

You know nothing, sugar.

by Anonymousreply 525November 29, 2018 4:23 PM

TBF, the OTHER name for Meghan's Stans is MAGGOTS. So, take your pick "sugar-hater". MAGGOTS or SUGARS?

by Anonymousreply 526November 29, 2018 4:26 PM

R522 ? WTF? "Meghan has married the head of the bank"<<<----

LOLOLOLOLOL

As if Harry was the "head" of anything! He's just another welfare scammer & she has married a welfare cheat

by Anonymousreply 527November 29, 2018 4:29 PM

And they're moving into the royal version of welfare housing. Nothiing is too grand for the Sussexes. Bloody hell, who am I kidding? Nothing grand period for these two. The idea they were given Frogmore Cottage is still making me chuckle. Maybe we should play a game of, could there have been a dumpier equivalent among the royal estates to appoint as Harry and Meghan's official residence?

by Anonymousreply 528November 29, 2018 4:35 PM

[R27]

But her bag is still secured,which is exactly why folks are mad.Meghan will go down in history.While Meg haters,will go down in ephinay. .....as the loons who attacked the King's beloved daughter-in-law. Which do you think history willl be more kind to?

by Anonymousreply 529November 29, 2018 4:38 PM

R522, I'm not a "Meghan hater." Rather, I'm just one of the rare posters here who never committed to one side or the other. In fact, I have posted both positive and negative ramblings re the Diva Duchess (my own original moniker first used the other day). Truth and fact, man - that's the ticket. It's been interesting and fun trying to figure it all out, but alas, I've drawn my conclusion. Being absolutely, authentically biracial myself, I cannot be accused of racism in this case.

She's a grifter. No doubt about it. She married the man's position and status - his celebrity. Had he not been who he is, then I am highly inclined to believe that she would not have given him a second glance. Again, I'll make note of something he said during the engagement interview. He said "I'm in love with this girl, and I THINK she loves me." Ooops! He should have KNOWN that she loves him - for HIM, mind you. That utterance will perhaps turn out to be notorious as was his own father's statement "Whatever love means."

Now, it takes a player to know a player. No. She didn't fool anybody. They had her number from jump. It bears saying that she married into a family of grifters. MAJOR, MAJOR grifters of an international scale. This family, and the nation/government it represents, is responsible for the invasion and colonization of lands foreign to them thereby oppressing the native peoples while profiting from their natural resources. They were heavily into Imperialism and Empire building for centuries, much like the United States today. Quoting Chris Rock here - "It is ONLY the white man who is able to glorify the profits gained from the infliction of pain."

I don't fault her for what she's done. I do, however, feel sorry for her because I KNOW that she only entertained thoughts of self-aggrandizement during the months leading up to the nuptials. She didn't take the necessary weeks/months to think about all the negative aspects of marrying into the BRF. And now, she's getting the inevitable rude awakening. Poor Harry. Based upon her prior experience, I absolutely DO believe that it's entirely her nature to wake up one day and say to herself "This just isn't working for me anymore," and getting the fuck outa Dodge. Those folks probably have every phone line she uses tapped. Internet connection tapped. Nott Cott, itself, tapped. I don't doubt it for a minute. They know every move she makes and every word she speaks/types/otherwise communicates. If she knows what's best for her, then she had better chill. No matter the lofty ideas she had for herself, the fact of the matter is that she signed up to be her husband's wife and a member of his family. THAT'S IT! That's ALL they want from her. She should have known better.

Best of luck to her, seriously. And best of luck to him as well. I hope things simmer and relax down to where they're supposed to be for her benefit, his, and that of his family. She will make a fatal mistake when she begins lamenting over what she gave up to gain this position.

by Anonymousreply 530November 29, 2018 4:51 PM

[R530]

Okay,i will bite.....but she played her hand well.Bravo to her

by Anonymousreply 531November 29, 2018 4:58 PM

Does Harry not have control over his own money that was given to him by Diana and the Queen Mother? Can't he use it as he pleases, like buying his own house?

by Anonymousreply 532November 29, 2018 5:13 PM

R503, I agree. Thanks for the rational comment.

I’m also pretty ambivalent. She can look fantastic, and I admire her hustle and ability to bag a prince. She’s come a long way. I’m glad she came along because she’s made things more exciting!

Agree she’s going to get sick of it after a while. I keep saying it, but I think she’s aiming for a foreign billionaire next. Harry is her stepping stone.

by Anonymousreply 533November 29, 2018 5:18 PM

Harry is cheap . . Noway he’s gonna use his money for a home . He has only 20 million quid . When you don’t work to have more money its very rapidly sqaundered . He has 400000 quid / year . He has to pay everything with it . Servants cars clothes bills .and now a wife .

by Anonymousreply 534November 29, 2018 5:19 PM

So where is the $5 million Meghan's pr was on about regarding her net worth? That could go toward a decent down payment.

She earned her own money they said. She was a top billed actress on a highly successful tv show and surely was raking it in they said. So why at the mercy of dole from HM?

by Anonymousreply 535November 29, 2018 5:23 PM

Hadn't thought of it before, r530, but they probably do have everything tapped. No doubt they want this information to keep her in check if she leaves. However, do you think they've shared anything 'incriminating' with Harry? I bet she doesn't always have the kindest things to say about him in her conversations.

by Anonymousreply 536November 29, 2018 5:26 PM

R531, getting there seems to have been the easy part. STAYING there is another matter. They'll never turn her away unless history repeats itself, and scandalized, QEII or Charles demand their divorce. If she ever decides to leave of her own accord, then they will destroy her utterly on her way out. Her going up against that family would be some major David vs Goliath shit! It would take an act of God for her to come out unscathed. Master media manipulators, who do you think Diana learned it from? All we ever hear about are the courtiers and what they do to ensure the survival of the Monarchy. We know nothing about the other faction - those "men in black" who do the real dirty work when it's warranted. The BRF probably has no idea who they are, but they know that they're there when needed. There IS a dark side at work here. All we see as spectators is surface shit - shit the WANT us to see.

by Anonymousreply 537November 29, 2018 5:27 PM

Classy Kate put the rumors to rest for now without having to say that she liked Meghan and they were great friends. Good girl, Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538November 29, 2018 5:31 PM

"Nobody makes my Mummy cry. I'm telling Daddy on you".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539November 29, 2018 5:35 PM

This photo is for those Sugars who are delusional and say that Nutmeg hasn't had any nose surgery or a minor tweak. I say, really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540November 29, 2018 5:36 PM

Re Thomas Markle and Doria

Meghan is biracial. This is how she defines herself.

White father Thomas.

POC mother Doria.

This is the picture.

But...

What if it was Thomas who was the Parent of Color? The loving father who impoverished himself, spent a fortune on her schooling, supported her after schooling, the man she glowingly described on her media profile. The hard working successful former lighting director. The parent with whom she lived during her formative years. The parent who her teachers described as a very involved parent. Who took her to his job and explained all the details. The man who sent her her favorite soup when she was away at a very expensive university that he paid for. The man now who is down on his luck, in bad health and low on funds (having previously been tapped out by his youngest child), living in a questionable location. The man now ghosted and ignored by his much loved daughter.

Suppose Thomas Markle was the Parent of Color?

And suppose Doria was the white parent. The slim, attractive California yoga instructor. The woman, wearing beautiful, well fitting clothes, escorted to her daughter's wedding by no less than the Prince of Wales. The woman who was not the parent who tended and was much involved at her daughter's school. The woman who owns her own home, left to her by her father. The woman who apparently contributed nothing financially to the very expensive education of her daughter, her only child, but who has now been embraced and included by said daughter at a Royal Wedding.

Suppose Doria was the White Parent?

Everything else is the same. Meghan looks the same, leaks the same, behaves the same. Same groom, same wedding, everything the same.

Ghosted, rejected, ignored father. Embraced mother.

Would people view Meghan's actions in the same way?

Would her ghosting of her father be accepted and even, by some, thought justified.

Would Doria be cheered and feted?

Would Meghan's behavior be viewed in exactly the same way by her fans? By the media? By her husband?

I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 541November 29, 2018 5:42 PM

DL experts...

Why do I sometimes see that a reply was posted, but the text is not there? I see the date and the author and everything else, but not the text?

by Anonymousreply 542November 29, 2018 5:47 PM

^ When you ignore a post, you also ignore the author which means you will not see any postings by that ignored individual. Go to "Ignored" and unblock them by pressing the X's

by Anonymousreply 543November 29, 2018 5:53 PM

R541, you have a point.

R537, I wonder if that ever crosses her mind; that these are powerful people she’s messing with. Historically, she’s demonstrated a good deal of hubris. Could she be that conceited, that she thinks she’s untouchable? While I don’t think there is anything to the conspiracy theory about Diana’s death, I’m a fan of “Ray Donovan” and believe that there are people who are sent to “fix” things and send messages.

by Anonymousreply 544November 29, 2018 5:54 PM

Did Kate say "cousin" or "cousins"?

If the latter: Did she deliberately leak the fact that Meggers will be giving birth to twins?

If so: BRAVO, Kate for messing up Meggers' announcement of having twins.

by Anonymousreply 545November 29, 2018 6:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546November 29, 2018 6:40 PM

r530

[quote]She married the man's position and status - his celebrity. Had he not been who he is, then I am highly inclined to believe that she would not have given him a second glance.

None of the other guys she dated were extremely rich or positioned. She dated regular guys. If she were a grifter wouldn't there be evidence of it in all her relationships, even friendships. Grifters don't normally sit and wait for a good opportunity do they?

by Anonymousreply 547November 29, 2018 6:54 PM

R507- Jesus, I do believe you really believe what you posted. She was given that tiara on loan from HM and wore it before Meghan Markle appeared on the scene. She wore asymmetrical necklines before MM arrived, and she's stuck to her style. She's doing more events because the chess pieces are moving behind the scenes, and they all have to prepare for the next step up. With their home base now (on orders) in London and Kate's childbearing realistically over, the plan was always to have K&W step up about now.

She recycling clothes like mad to show how "thrifty" she is compared to the luxury loving spendthrift Harry brought in. How does that equal "switched up her look"?

Meghan Markle has nothing to do with it. If anything, her ridiculous clothes, mistakes, and increasingly bad PR have made Kate look better and upped her public value.

I think I hear them calling you over at Celebitcy.

by Anonymousreply 548November 29, 2018 6:54 PM

Clooney and Anal live in Windsor? I thought they'd fled back to the USA...citing UK violence or something.

by Anonymousreply 549November 29, 2018 6:59 PM

r548 that post at r507 is copied verbatim from the johnny-come-lately sudden-royal-lover-morons at TMZ. See the post after it, chiding the poster for forgetting the link.

by Anonymousreply 550November 29, 2018 7:05 PM

r530 do you think they bugged Nott Cott and her phone? not doubting this, I can see it happening actually. Was it MI5 you think? Or the BP courtiers, keeping an eye on the newcomer? I wonder if they bugged Kate or Sophie too, when they were new on the scene.

by Anonymousreply 551November 29, 2018 7:06 PM

You have got to be kidding R547! Meghan got her job on Suits because of her husband Trevor Engelson, a tv producer of some note whom she promptly dumped once she saw opportunity in Toronto. If you look at her resume, Suits is pretty much her one break in Hollywood, because of the contacts of her then husband. The rest of her work history is a sparse series supporting guest roles and a commercial or two. Cory Vitiello is how she gained entree into Toronto society. He is a Canadian celebrity chef who mixed with the likes of the Trudeaus and Mulroneys. You know, like in her ex-bff Jessica Mulroney? Her life is a study of whom she has used and discarded. (Where was that uncle at her wedding to Harry who bent the rules as a favor to her and used his contacts to get that internship at the Embassy in Argentina, hmm?)

by Anonymousreply 552November 29, 2018 7:12 PM

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the uncle was asked by journalists if he was attending Harry and Meghan's wedding and he responded with he never received an invitation.

by Anonymousreply 553November 29, 2018 7:17 PM

We're getting close to the edge here. Just ONE part 3 thread needs to be made friends.

by Anonymousreply 554November 29, 2018 7:28 PM

Meghan Markle is also taping everything, don't forget. It's part of her insurance. And if mother comes to live with them Doria will be a real witness.

by Anonymousreply 555November 29, 2018 7:31 PM

[quote]r493 Beatrice is so regal and she is looking more confident lately. She'd make a great Queen.

I can't quite pinpoint what is wrong with her face.

It's a little fetal alcohol syndrome-y.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556November 29, 2018 7:40 PM

About Thomas Markle and Doria...

Meghan describes herself as biracial - one white parent and one parent of color.

So, we have her white father, who tended her during her formative years when she lived with him, who was known per her teachers as an involved and caring parent, who paid large sums of money to get her the best education through all her years of schooling, brought her to his work when he was a very successful lighting director in Hollywood, sent her her favorite soup while she was away at the very expensive university and paid her bills when she was trying to start her career after her schooling. That father is now in ill health, living in a questionable place, and very low on funds and said daughter has ghosted him and has nothing to do with him and even before her wedding, she chose not to introduce him to her intended groom.

We also have Doria, a California yoga teacher, a woman of color, slim, attractive, who owns her own home left to her by her deceased father. By everything we know, she was not the financial source in any way of the costs of Meghan's high price education. Doria is now the praised mother, appearing in beautiful, well fitting clothes while attending her daughter's royal wedding. She was escorted during that event by the Prince of Wales.

But, suppose, just suppose that in the scenario, it had been Thomas Markle, the involved, finanancially supporting and now ghosted father, who was the person of color.

And suppose the California yoga teacher mother Doria was white.

Would Meghan's behavior to her parents, both father and mother, be viewed in the same way?

Would those who sing her praises still sing her praises?

Would excuses still be made for ghosting her father?

by Anonymousreply 557November 29, 2018 7:43 PM

LBR if her poor fat broke father was black & her yoga slim mother was white she'd be blasted. Also, pls make thread 3 PLEASE. I can't for some reason

by Anonymousreply 558November 29, 2018 7:48 PM

[quote]r507 Kate’s doing everything she can to keep up with Meghan’s public image .... Kate is attending more events than she used to, and she’s paying much more attention to her looks

It's disturbing how she's relishing THIS display.

Did she engineer it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559November 29, 2018 7:48 PM

[quote]r521 The term “sugar” isn’t a DL phenomenon it’s common currency in many sites, can the anti-sugar zealot please focus more attention on scolding the rest of the web for using the term?

I'm just asking how it came to be, as it doesn't make any obvious sense (like snowflake or any of the other examples do.)

by Anonymousreply 560November 29, 2018 7:55 PM

you mean in response to this R559?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 29, 2018 7:58 PM

The most amusing post here is the speculation of William AND his children being removed from the succession by an Act of Parliament.

William would have to be proved a child molester or to have been selling government secrets to the KGB for that, and then his children all mental defectives.

Other than such eventualities, or a major tragedy that wipes out William and his entire family, which we all know are unlikely, Harry and Meghan and their offspring and Andrew and Bea have about as much chance of ascending the throne as I have.

Things are quite dodgy enough in Britain these days without upsetting the succession applecart on a whim.

Because, you know, Parliament doesn't have enough to do.

by Anonymousreply 562November 29, 2018 8:03 PM

[quote]LBR if her poor fat broke father was black & her yoga slim mother was white she'd be blasted. Also, pls make thread 3 PLEASE. I can't for some reason

It's too soon

and how long before it's grayed out?

by Anonymousreply 563November 29, 2018 8:07 PM

I suspect if William and his family were wiped off the face of the earth in one fell swoop, Parliament (and this would include all the parliaments within the Commonwealth) would simply dismantle the monarchy and revert to a republic. There would be more enthusiasm to utilize the windfall from all the royal monies than any residual affection toward establishing the Sussexes on the throne. Harry and Meghan would end up worse than they are now. For one, no more home on the dole for them.

by Anonymousreply 564November 29, 2018 8:10 PM

I opened the Part III thread, folks. Remember to keep posting here until Part II reaches capacity. Part III:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565November 29, 2018 8:12 PM

^ he made a bit of a hash of it, I'm afraid, but he means well.

by Anonymousreply 566November 29, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]r547 She married the man's position and status - his celebrity. Had he not been who he is, then I am highly inclined to believe that she would not have given him a second glance.

Even if that were true, would it be any different than saying, "He married the girl's looks and legs - her desirability. Had she not looked how she does, then I am highly inclined to believe that he would not have given her a second glance.

by Anonymousreply 567November 29, 2018 8:27 PM

Sure he liked her looks but she was also genuinely into her causes and "making a difference" - so they had that in common also it reminded him of his mother.

She's a spunky bright gurl.

by Anonymousreply 568November 29, 2018 8:31 PM

Yes, r567, but at least what you describe is some form of attraction. Meghan is a stone cold grifter. Harry (and those before) are not even human in her eyes. Of course, she can't see anything but her reflection.

by Anonymousreply 569November 29, 2018 8:32 PM

I wonder how Pa Markle would have fared with his little Buckaroo if he'd kept his mouth shut and avoided the tabloids in the build up to the wedding. Would she have had him walk her down the aisle or would she be too embarrassed by his weight and disheveled appearance to do so? The BRF could have done some clean up for him. After all, the dissolute Johnny Spencer walked Diana down the aisle and he was in even worse shape than Pa Markle, overweight and somewhat shabby looking after a recent illness. He was in such a bad way that Diana had to prop him up at one point as the were approaching the altar at St. Paul's. It would probably have been an even bigger dilemma for Meghan if her father had behaved appropriately. Did she really want him there at all?

by Anonymousreply 570November 29, 2018 8:35 PM

I just remembered something I'd read long ago. The police, well not the regular police but the ones in charge of protecting the royal family, they monitor every phone call. They are always listening in. Whoever was being interviewed just said, you get used to it. I'm trying to remember where I saw it...it could've been those tapes of Diana talking with her speech advisor. She was very candid.

At any rate, if someone is always listening, then that's where these stories come from?

by Anonymousreply 571November 29, 2018 8:36 PM

[quote]r552 Meghan got her job on Suits because of her husband Trevor Engelson, a tv producer of some note whom she promptly dumped once she saw opportunity in Toronto. If you look at her resume, Suits is pretty much her one break in Hollywood, because of the contacts of her then husband.

That's ridiculous. Knowing the right people and being on casting directors' radars etc. all help ...but they don't hand out starring roles on TV shows to whatever girlfriend some producer not even connected to a project may have.

SUITS is actually a very good show - it's not Shakespeare, but it's witty, with a good premise and perfect cast. And MM was just right on it, within the confines of her role. Plus, she looked like a million bucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 29, 2018 8:41 PM

r568 Please do share what genuine causes she has and how she has made a difference and how long she has been doing this humanitarianism. Ta muchly.

by Anonymousreply 573November 29, 2018 8:41 PM

You believe that people in Hollywood don't owe each other favors, R572? Networking and scratching backs is the name of the game.

by Anonymousreply 574November 29, 2018 8:44 PM

r572 I actually used to watch Suits. Stop rewriting history. Harvey and Mike were the leads. Rachel not so much. Like all of the recurring characters there would be a storyline that involved them but she was in no way a lead. I will agree with you that she got that job on her own but she would have never been in the room if not for her husband.

by Anonymousreply 575November 29, 2018 8:44 PM

R574 REALLY! Ask Harvey (though it wasn't his back being scratched!)

by Anonymousreply 576November 29, 2018 8:45 PM

I remember reading something about Jane Fonda (in more recent years). She said that when she was young and people said that her success was because she was Henry's daughter, she vehemently denied it. Yes, she claimed, his name helped her get an interview, but it was she, herself that got the job.

Now that she is older, she is completely aware that getting the interview IS the most important thing. She realizes how naive and thoughtless she was to think she got there mainly on her own.

Without Sparkle's husband's helping her to get seen for the Suits role, someone else would have played that role quite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 577November 29, 2018 8:54 PM

Guaran-damn-tee Suits wouldn't have looked twice at Nutmeg if she hadn't had Trevor promoting her. She used Trevor to open doors for her and then slammed it shut on him. She was moderately successful in her role maybe, but was unable on her own to parlay any of it in those long 7 years into higher profile parts or movies. (Aw shit, may have dumped Trevor prematurely?) So much for being perfectly cast in a starring role on a, what did you call it R572? A "very good' and "witty" show.

by Anonymousreply 578November 29, 2018 8:55 PM

[quote]r575 I will agree with you that she got that job on her own but she would have never been in the room if not for her husband.

This is a bit of a laugh when you compare it to her husband being literally born into royalty.

She worked harder to get any achievements she had than Prince Harry did to get his, no?

by Anonymousreply 579November 29, 2018 9:00 PM

Oooh, someone going classic deflection maneuver when it becomes difficult to defend a preponderance of examples of MEghan using people like toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 580November 29, 2018 9:07 PM

The BRF do not trust her yet. They couldn't possibly trust her because they don't really know her. She was thrust upon them by Harry. They don't say anything about it, of course, but the fact that she declined to invite her own family to her wedding must have raised eyebrows, I'm sure. Having people like Oprah and George Clooney at the wedding without the benefit of prior friendship or relationship with them must have amused them. The family, and the Queen especially, is just not impressed with celebrity. In fact, it was policy for ages to distance themselves from celebrities for concern of ever being mistaken for being one. I can just hear the Queen and Phil musing to themselves "Why the hell are these people here?"

It's really quite simple about what is required of her. They want authenticity. The Queen is said to have always possessed a talent for snuffing out insincerity in other people. I'm afraid that it's clearly evident that she is treating her entree into the family as if it were a starring role. She needs to lose the red carpet sashay which was blatantly obvious during her first public appearance as Duchess, which I believe was Charles' official birthday in the garden at BP. Cradling her stomach while she's baring showing? Ridiculous. And that's the problem. She always seems to be drawing attention to herself with a specific intent in mind. And now "they" are very diligently beginning to check her by planting stories concerning her bad behavior, or what they want to public to think of as bad behavior. That recent poll concerning popularity among the Royals with Harry first and she being last, or sixth? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it came at the behest of BP. That bit was the FIRST bit of negative publicity because it showed a lack of unison between them. It was a reality check stating "They're still wild about Harry. You? Not so much." These are master spin doctors, and they can effect either a positive or a negative public opinion with ease. Get it together, girl! You're a fucking guppy in a tank full of sharks!

by Anonymousreply 581November 29, 2018 9:13 PM

R579 well, if you call sleeping with Matt Lauer & everyone she could to get her foot in the door "working" but still it's working on her badk, really.

by Anonymousreply 582November 29, 2018 9:14 PM

Is Hazza back from Zambia? Are they still in the Cotwolds? They're not wanted in KP & she's burned way too many bridges at KP.

by Anonymousreply 583November 29, 2018 9:39 PM

@rachelreddd - note the 3 d's at the end of her handle, is MM's neice. She's also screaming to the heavens that everyone in the BRF is racist & out to get MM.. She's also screaming that people that don't like MM are racists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 29, 2018 9:49 PM

Yeah because it's racist not to like a white passing biracial. Who has played up their whiteness their entire adult life.

by Anonymousreply 585November 29, 2018 9:50 PM

Drag Fergie for her ridiculous antics and horrible clothes? Too funny. Drag Eugenie and Bea for their preposterous hats? What a giggle! Drag Meghan for her horrible clothes and clueless behavior? Racist!

by Anonymousreply 586November 29, 2018 9:57 PM

[quote]r577 Now that she is older, Fonda is completely aware that getting the interview IS the most important thing.

[quote]Without Sparkle's husband's helping her to get seen for the Suits role, someone else would have played that role quite nicely.

Well, of course. There isn't a role written that any number of performers could play "quite nicely". There's never a shortage on talent, rather, too few projects to go around.

Jane Fonda and MM were both beautiful young women. That is what their employers wanted. They were also both good at their jobs...Fonda obviously to a greater degree than MM. If Jane Fonda's last name or Meghan Markle's husband made them visible for jobs, well, that's really the way any industry works.

Two other points: 1.) Meghan Markle's husband was not a big deal producer who's associated with any real hits. He's no Stephen Spielberg, or even David Milch. 2.) Producers are usually more in competition with each other, or have bad blood between them, than they're buddy-buddy. When they meet each other, their eyes more often narrow rather than light up. They all have their own little spheres and projects and are very protective of them. So it's not like one producer calls another and demands whatever they want.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587November 29, 2018 10:18 PM

[quote]I wonder how Pa Markle would have fared with his little Buckaroo if he'd kept his mouth shut and avoided the tabloids in the build up to the wedding. Would she have had him walk her down the aisle or would she be too embarrassed by his weight and disheveled appearance to do so? The BRF could have done some clean up for him. After all, the dissolute Johnny Spencer walked Diana down the aisle and he was in even worse shape than Pa Markle, overweight and somewhat shabby looking after a recent illness. He was in such a bad way that Diana had to prop him up at one point as the were approaching the altar at St. Paul's. It would probably have been an even bigger dilemma for Meghan if her father had behaved appropriately. Did she really want him there at all?

The BRF were very familiar with Earl Spencer. Plus his little cottage was kind of impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588November 29, 2018 10:18 PM

Re:

[quote]R587 There isn't a role written that any number of performers could play "quite nicely".

I of course mean: There isn't a role written that any number of performers COULDN'T play "quite nicely".

by Anonymousreply 589November 29, 2018 10:20 PM

The Spencers' art work alone was impressive, r570. Nice little cottage in the countryside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590November 29, 2018 10:22 PM

Trevor Engelson markets himself as a film director, producer and talent agent. Interpret that as jack of all trades if you will which probably gives him some flexibility to network within the industry. And no one is submitting him in the power vein of a Spielberg or David Milch because let's face it, Suits sure as hell is no Schindler's List or in Milch's case True Detective. But Trevor was enough of a player to carry some weight for a basic cable tv show featuring a c-list cast.

by Anonymousreply 591November 29, 2018 10:32 PM

R570

The answer to your question is a resounding "NO".

She never even introduced her father to Harry.

And Harry, dim bulb that he is, didn't insist on meeting her father.

She never had any intention of having her father at the wedding.

In fact, when the engagement was announced, the story was that she wanted HER MOTHER to walk her down the aisle.

All those stories about her father in the few days before the wedding were just PR bullshit to cover for the fact that she had made no plans to have her father there. There had been no people from the RF sent to help her Dad. Nothing. Nada. Invisible. GHOSTED.

by Anonymousreply 592November 29, 2018 10:33 PM

R568 - er, in Britain the term "spunky" means something else.

She's a hard, savvy, driven girl. But as to bright: no one bright makes the missteps Sparkle has since getting what she thinks she wanted. She has tunnel vision.

by Anonymousreply 593November 29, 2018 10:35 PM

R588 - Johnny Spencer is from one of the oldest landed aristo families in England, whose ties to the BRF go back longer than Meghan Markle's knowledge of history does. Diana was BORN on the Sandringham estate, and grew up near the BRF. Her grandmother was a Lady of the Bedchamber to the Queen Mother. He was in bad shape not from a "recent illness" but a stroke that nearly killed him.

Thomas Markle, Sr. was probably in reasonably better shape physiclly - but in every other respect, your post is a joke. Johnny Spencer was part of the Establishment - he won custody of his three children with Diana's mother.

Johnny Spencer was nothing but Plus Plus - Thomas Markle isn't on the same planet.

by Anonymousreply 594November 29, 2018 10:40 PM

Here's Part III

with an updated title

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 29, 2018 10:52 PM

R587 - You're comparing the looks of a gorgeous young Jane Fonda to Meghan Markle??!! With her tall slim figure - did you ever get a look at Henry's granddaughter, Bridget, in her salad days?

Son, you either need glasses or a cinema course. Meghan Markle was a reasonably pretty girl who looked like a million other vaguely Latina looking girls in Los Angeles. Jane Fonda was gorgeous, with a more than passing resemblance to her stunningly handsome father, and American acting icon.

Jesus, get real. And as to that "different degrees" of talent? Christ, have you seen "Klute" recently?

Meghan was barely functional as an actress and unremarkable looking even young. She and Jane Fonda may as well be from different species.

by Anonymousreply 596November 29, 2018 10:54 PM

suck a fuckin asshole..... really

by Anonymousreply 597November 29, 2018 10:54 PM

So now there are two part 3

by Anonymousreply 598November 29, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote] er, in Britain the term "spunky" means something else.

What does spunky mean in Britain?

by Anonymousreply 599November 29, 2018 10:54 PM

PART III

C U there >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 29, 2018 10:55 PM

I was only comparing physical appearances and state of health, R594. I had only suggested that if Markle wanted him there, there could have been a clean up attempt.

And since when does a stroke not cause illness?

by Anonymousreply 601November 29, 2018 10:56 PM

"Spunk" in England means sperm - or come fluid, mate.

by Anonymousreply 602November 29, 2018 11:01 PM

"I hate spunk"

by Anonymousreply 603November 29, 2018 11:03 PM

[quote]R591 But Trevor was enough of a player to carry some weight for a basic cable tv show featuring a c-list cast.

I have to say, I was really empressed with the cast on that show. Though they may not have been A-list stars, ALL of them were good! My favorites were Gina Torres (beautiful badass) and Rick Hoffman (loser badass). But EVERYONE was good.

Meghan Markle's character didn't have as much range because she was basically playing straightman, and "the girlfriend" at that, but she was lovely and more than qualified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 604November 30, 2018 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!