Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 22: Dangling Tendrils, Ill-Fitting Gowns, is it Time for a Style Intervention for New Royal Duchess Meghan?

Carry on! Previous thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603November 14, 2018 3:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2018 3:40 PM

Part 21 still has room. OP, this happened last time. Like your beloved Nutmeg, you do not seem to learn from experience.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2018 3:51 PM

The OP had it at the ready r2 as is smart to do because these threads tend to fill up fast. It's up to the posters of Dangling Tendrils to fill up the current thread before posting to the one waiting in the wings. But like our beloved Sparkle, common sense doesn't seem to be your forte.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2018 3:57 PM

One more word about Charlene of Monaco - she has worn some extremely elegant clothes but doesn't always get it right. Very, very tall (my guess is that she's taller than Diana - probably 5'11") with the almost bizarrely broad shoulders champion swimmers develop, she has to be a bit careful about proportion, but generally she gets it right more than wrong. The giant black bow on the grey coat is one of the "wrong" choices. The WWI commemorations aren't a fashion forward opportunity. And she should let her hair grow again - the short crop is nice with her face, but has a "pinhead" effect atop those barn door shoulders.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2018 4:01 PM

Is it because of the freebies that Meghan's clothes never fit? Does she not get enough of an allowance from Charles to buy her own clothes that could be tailored, or is she too proud to ask?

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2018 4:08 PM

And thread 21 is full, so R2 can quit hall-monitoring.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2018 4:08 PM

Yes, I think OP is timing it right, given that this thread was needed only one hour after it was created.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2018 4:13 PM

Here is the CDAN blind..

"Tuesday, October 16, 2018 Blind Items Revealed #2

October 9, 2018

It is really interesting that the guy who arranged the initial pay for play date between this foreign born permanent A+ lister and his now wife is no longer welcome in the home by the wife. Guilt by association? Maybe she is afraid he will talk about the others?

Meghan Markle/Prince Harry"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2018 4:16 PM

And this..

"Blind Items Revealed #3

September 4, 2017

This B+ list mostly television actress on a very long running cable show is in danger of losing that A++ list boyfriend. Apparently one time she yachted for a best friend of the A++ lister. The man who paid her for the yachting had no idea she is the girlfriend of the A++ lister and thought the A++ lister wanted to hire the actress for yachting purposes. Awkward.

Meghan Markle/Prince Harry

Posted by ent lawyer at 8:30 AM "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2018 4:22 PM

Best friend..Adam Bidwell?

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2018 4:23 PM

I love a juicy yacht girl story as much as anyone, but CDAN is so regularly full of shit I can't believe anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2018 4:27 PM

Albert wanted to marry his first love, Nicole I believe was her name, but his father said no.

And Charlene has resting sad face. She would not enjoy being a windsor wife. Make no mistake, she loves her life in Monaco. She also loves glam and fashion.

She would not enjoy the scrutiny of being married to harry and the fishbowl...and not being able to shop whenever she wanted or spend money on brands like givenchy, chanel, gucci, valentino etc etc

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2018 4:28 PM

Nah, AB is likely gay. His one known girl was a short rx with a woman who beards, and it was years ago. The guy who paid for it was believed to be Tom Inskip, a very long term friend of Harry.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2018 4:30 PM

Skippy given the boot, yet he has married far more wisely

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2018 4:35 PM

The Mirror this morning has been the only paper so far to headline its coverage of the Cenotaph ceremony with "Camillla and Kate Join Queen on Balcony - But Not Meghan". The rest have simply stated it below the headline.

Sparkle has had a really bad PR week and if she misses the messages here, she's a fool. It is undoubtedly the Yorks (and possibly the staff she quickly made enemies among) who leaked Tiara Gate and well and truly paid her back for the maternity coat stunt at Yuge's wedding. She thinks she's playing petty games with the Kardashians - she isn't. She's playing with immensely wealthy people whose entrenched social standing and influence is galaxies larger than hers.

If she has the sense of an ant, she'll lick those burnt fingers, stop mugging for the camera, start wearing British fashion, and settle into her second-string status, one that will become increasingly minor over the next couple of decades, and thank her lucky stars for getting this far.

Kaiser on Celebitchy is, of course, insisting that these stories "don't make sense" and that this is all about the British press always having had a bead on Meghan.

Kaiser is party right: what she has left out of that statement is that they have a bead on her because she threatened them and got Harry to threaten them before they were engaged, in order to entrench herself further as Harry's future wife. It isn't because she American or biracial or divorced or an actress: she did with the British press just what she did with the Yorks: overreach and assume she had a stronger hand than she really had.

It's rather like Henry James's old themes of the innocent Americans abroad who whilst rich have no clue the way things work in European social circles.

Meghan has displayed stunning ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2018 4:36 PM

R1

Photographed in profile is NOT her look. She looks good straight on and at an angle, but that profile! What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2018 4:37 PM

People should leave her the fuck alone about the hair. MM has black hair, it's not going to look the same as Middleton, or Charlene, or Mary or any of them. Unfortunately, dominant culture does not yet accept or prize afro hair and many people of african ancestry have internalized this bias. It's just rude and classless (and, yes, perpetuating racism) to criticize her hair so relentlessly.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2018 4:37 PM

R17 - I think the Afro hair matter has been discussed here including the internalisation of conflict about it on women of colour. But in choosing to try to look as non-African as possible, Meghan has left herself open to criticism. She's not Rachel Zany any longer, her marriage has brought her exactly the global exposure she's always craved. But with that, it has also brought her intense global scrutiny. She has stated herself that she thinks African hair is beautiful but she "feels sexier with straight her" which in and of itself is a rather trashy statement.

She has the right to wear her hair any way she prefers. She doesn't have the right to object when it comes under criticism. God knows, Kate's "sausage curls" have been the object of jeers from the Celebitchy set for years. No one objected to Kate's hair being jeered at.

I think the real issue here is not so much Meghan's hair, as her general aura of lack of authenticity, of seizing a role she wanted badly, but without any understanding or respect for the institution she so nakedly aspired to join.

The fact is, she's phonier than, as Americans say, a $3 bill. And the hair has become symbolic of her phony facade.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2018 4:44 PM

What about "Jew fros" R17?

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2018 4:44 PM

R17, has it ever occured to you that she might as well go for a more natural look instead of the hairy horror she displays on her head these days?

It's not racism to point out the simple, yet irrevocable fact that her hairdo looks downright ridiculous most of the time.

In fact it's rather racist of her not wearing her hair the way it simply is, but to 'whitish' it as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2018 4:46 PM

R17 No one is complaining about her hair because it is AA hair. Her hair is perpetually messy with mid 90s tendrils - those are the complaints, neither of which has to do with the texture or ethnicity of her hair.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2018 4:46 PM

*Rachel Zane, not Zany. Typing too fast, as usual.

R18

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2018 4:47 PM

R17 err no one mentioned her hair....very left field of you. What is your agenda? We already discussed her hair abut 16 threads ago.

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2018 4:47 PM

R21 and R23 see the post at R1 "Straw like" definitely refers to her hair and its texture.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2018 4:49 PM

R24 Sigh, I wish both sides would let it go.

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2018 4:52 PM

Do you know who else has "straw like" hair? anyone who over processes it. Which is exactly why her hair has that texture. Meghan needs to let it grow and let it FRO!

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2018 4:53 PM

Tbf, I'm not that much surprised so many of HazBean's staff are leaving.

Can you remember Duke Dimwit and Duchess Merching Meg's landing in Oz? Their accompanying staff looked truly exhausted - but not in a way of being exhausted due to the long flight ...

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2018 4:53 PM

R14, the Scottish Sun posted that article on Oct 9th, and then posted another article on Oct 25th that maybe Skippy will be a godparent to the future little royal, since he and Harry are "so close."

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2018 4:53 PM

My agenda R23 is not to spoil your fun, or to say that MM is some sort of saint. Rather, I just want people to be aware of perpetuating the constant comparison of everyone to white european standards of beauty. I'd love to see MM with her as it naturally grows, pretty sure it would be splendid, but that's unlikely. It takes a lot of strength to trust your own beauty when dominant culture largely prizes one standard of appearance.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2018 4:53 PM

R20 - I think we can split the difference here. R17 is not wrong: this has been a sensitive issue in the black community, part of the "colourism" debate within it, as any visit to LSA will show you. Meghan's light skin, slightly narrowed nose, and straightened hair have undoubtedly gotten her places that her natural nose and hair might not have.

Her hair, even straightened, will never behave the way Kate's will. She isn't obligated to wear a more natural look - you know, she IS half-white and if that's the way she leans, she has the right to let her hair express how she leans.

But it also means she should find better ways of working with it - God knows she has the money to, now. The tendrils were getting incredibly silly - I notice she has started to wear them less. Those Brazilian blow-outs have to be done twice monthly and they are devastating to hair strength. She doesn't seem to have it trimmed up often enough to save the hair.

And come to it, both she and Kate are over 35 and should be thinking about shorter hair, anyway. I note that Kate has trimmed hers up and is now wearing it several inches shorter; she looks more adult and more sophisticated, rather than like a 36 year old trying to look like an 18 year old, which she sometimes struck me as.

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2018 4:54 PM

Fuck off with your calls or "racists!". "Messy" and "straw like" because it is poking out all over the place. Nothing about the texture being AA and inferior. If she wore a hair net, as Kate has to do because her hair can be messy too, then Megs could keep her hair neat.

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2018 4:54 PM

If I were to advise her about her hair. I would encourage her to curl it at least a little bit.

Straight asian like hair is very ageing and harsh looking. Some soft curls would do her good.

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2018 4:55 PM

R31 you don't like facing it, but there it is. Point is, if you aren't a woman of african descent it is not your place to comment on her hair. You are perpetuating racist standards -- not your intent -- it's all a bit of fun, but you are nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2018 4:56 PM

In the same way SOME people on DL will often perpetuate homophobia with bottom-shaming, prizing "masc" above all else, fetishizing straight men, etc.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2018 5:00 PM

[quote][R21] and [R23] see the post at [R1] "Straw like" definitely refers to her hair and its texture.

When hair is over-processed, no matter what your ethnicity, hair loses moisture and inevitably becomes straw-like. Unless you have lots of product to manage the dryness and frizz.

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2018 5:01 PM

Get over yourself, R17. People can comment on her hair if they want to: She's a public figure, and that leaves her open to all kinds of scrutiny a normal AA woman wouldn't be subjected to. And I say this as someone of African descent.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2018 5:01 PM

Oh please, white women are the biggest consumers of weave/human hair extensions from india ffs.

Also biggest consumers of hair bleach and lip plumping, tanning, and plastic surgery in the west.

Megnan straightens her hair and it's a big deal for some reason. Whatever.

I still think she should curl it because it's more beautiful that way.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2018 5:01 PM

Ignore the sugary R17 trying to stir up some shit. Let's focus again on tiaragate and staff leaving in drones.

Here's my comment on the latter again:

Tbf, I'm not that much surprised so many of HazBean's staff are leaving. Can you remember Duke Dimwit and Duchess Merching Meg's landing in Oz? Their accompanying staff looked truly exhausted - but not in a way of being exhausted due to the long flight ...

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2018 5:02 PM

Then R33, if you're not Prince Harry it is not your place to comment on his wife. The hair I've ever commented on is the straight hair presently on her head and it's a sloppy, treated disaster. Am I racist too?

by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2018 5:05 PM

R38 so sorry to make you think, it must be difficult. And R36 remember how people were about that other public figure Michele Obama? Remember all the comments about her hair, her build, her arms....was that OK with you also?

by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2018 5:05 PM

Let's all agree with r17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Oh fuck off you tedious bore r40. Her hair is terrible, it’s fair game to talk about it NO MATTER WHAT YOUR ETHNICITY IS. She’s set herself up as some sort of style guru (barf) and she has to take the consequences of her obvious poor grooming and lack of knowledge in that respect. Her hair is a mess. Is it because she’s mixed race? No. It’s because she’s a lazy, oblivious asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Either argue a point or let it go but hall monitoring around here never works so your high-minded herding instincts are wasted. That's a point I'm arguing. If you want to waste your time trying to tell people what to do fill your boots. And duck.

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Blocked R17, and the thread is looking so much happier and lighter!

I honestly think Harry is unstable, R38, and his wife is a narcissist. Together they must indeed suck all of the air out of the room--or the plane, as it were.

Once Baby Sussex is born, it's only going to get worse. She's going to make Andrew and Fergie look like amateurs, in terms of pushing her dynastically irrelevant offspring into the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2018 5:12 PM

She's such an asshole.

With a terrible hairdo.

End of.

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2018 5:12 PM

I marvel at her ever agreeing to the no titles for the kid(s) thing. Titled kids are her trump cards - if they are seen to matter in the scheme of things, they're leverage. Otherwise, come the inevitable divorce, she may just be allowed to fly off to California with her little nobodies. And I have a feeling she's got a lot of Nicole Kidman in her when it comes to kids.

by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2018 5:15 PM

Blocked R17 as well.

by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2018 5:16 PM

That no-titles story is crap. For it to work, she and Harry would need to give up the Duke/Duchess titles, leaving him as plain Prince Harry and her as Princess Harry, which would leave their children without the Earl/Lady titles the dukedom entitles them to. Meghan will never give up being a Duchess.

by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2018 5:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2018 5:18 PM

Tiaragate definitely smells like Yorkshire pudding...Andy did say Euge simply has more friends than hazza and meg hence why she invited so many celebs. Euge and kate moss arelikethisclose, didn't you know?

Andy is definitely not amused and won't take being irrelevant and pushed aside by his lessers!

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2018 5:19 PM

I loathe her, but will give her credit for looking decent for once. Though we haven't seen what she's spilled on her shoes yet today.

She's a car crash. Well, more of a fender bender.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2018 5:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2018 5:20 PM

I wouldn't believe anything I read on CDAN. The disclaimer pretty much acknowledges that this isn't gospel.

Re the titles for the Sussex kids, it would be just like Sparkle, livid at being in back rows and on separate balconies from the Queen, Camilla, and Kate, to "change her mind" and demand HRHs the way she demanded an emerald tiara.

If, again, she has any sense, Meghan won't challenge what I suspect is a decision she has already been informed of, and be grateful for Earl Dumbarton and Lady Windsor.

Some people, though, are curiously ineducable.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2018 5:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2018 5:24 PM

R52 Interesting name choice.

I'm going to be That Person and say they chose it so meghan couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2018 5:25 PM

An ouch picture caption from the Mail: Despite her new-found status, Meghan (shown right) was positioned separately from the Queen and Kate and Camilla, both of whom are considered more senior family members

Ouch. Just ouch.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2018 5:26 PM

This is probably the first time Nutmeg (the newest royal member of Church Of England) has been to church for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2018 5:28 PM

R55, I concur. I think Merching Meg would've LOVED to call her son Arthur.

Nice thought of Pippa including her father's name. But what about William? Will William perhaps be the boy's godfather?

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Fixing her hair like always.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2018 5:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 11, 2018 5:32 PM

Teary eyed Kate. Love her Alexander McQueen outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 11, 2018 5:33 PM

Meg's cheeks look swollen with nuts = Nutmeg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 11, 2018 5:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 11, 2018 5:34 PM

Where was Sophie? I would have thought she would at least have been on the "lesser" balcony with Sparkle. I don't see her anywhere. She used to hang with Kate and Cams. Of course this was before the advent of MM and the latest round of messaging via placement.

by Anonymousreply 65November 11, 2018 5:36 PM

Markle no long Sparkles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2018 5:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2018 5:37 PM

And at Westminster Abbey William and Kate are at one end of the row and Harry & Sparkle at the other end with the Gloucesters inbetween. The DoY is in Belfast and PR in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2018 5:38 PM

Wearing some blueish-greenish colour at a Remembrance service.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to wear black?

Sorry, I forgot - black's suitable for visiting sick children at hospitals and the like.

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2018 5:38 PM

R69 - it's a solemn occasion so everyone is pretty well in black.

Meghan's face is getting swollen from her pregnancy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2018 5:41 PM

Kate having a word with the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2018 5:42 PM

R70, I'M talking about the service at Westminster Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2018 5:44 PM

If Kate bides her time, R53, she could see her son/daughter made a prince or princess. According to the current rules, male-line grandchildren of the sovereign automatically become princes and princesses, so her children would be raised to that level when the Queen dies and Charles becomes king.

Unless, of course, they're going to follow Sophie and Edward's path. Which may be the only path they're allowed to take at this point.

by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2018 5:45 PM

Sorry, I meant if MEGHAN bides her time. Kate doesn't need to.

by Anonymousreply 74November 11, 2018 5:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 11, 2018 5:48 PM

Why is Meghan wearing navy to the Westminster Abbey service? Why does she only wear black when she's NOT supposed to?

by Anonymousreply 76November 11, 2018 5:48 PM

Westminster Abbey - the couple are in the SECOND ROW - she's smiling at him, he's NOT smiling at her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 11, 2018 5:49 PM

Holding hands going to church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 11, 2018 5:49 PM

Can they strip away her title after the divorce? How much money will she get since there is no prenup.

by Anonymousreply 79November 11, 2018 5:50 PM

The Queen and Camilla are in purple for the Westminster Abbey service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 11, 2018 5:51 PM

She'll get the same title change Diana and Fergie got: She'll be Meghan, Duchess of Sussex rather than the Duchess of Sussex, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 81November 11, 2018 5:52 PM

If they divorce, Merching Meg will probably be known as "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex" instead of "The Duchess of Sussex".

by Anonymousreply 82November 11, 2018 5:52 PM

People call out Gwyneth Paltrow’s hair as being “straw-like” all the time.

Markle was wearing a French designer to honor dead Brits. The nerve is breathtaking.

If Markle wasn’t strictly “yachting” (prostitution on yachts) she had to have been escorting or hostessing. Consenting adults can do as they like, but it becomes problematic when royals marry them.

by Anonymousreply 83November 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Kate and Will at Westminster Abbey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 11, 2018 5:52 PM

re R80's pic: And there was me thinking they might be wearing black due to the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 85November 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Has there ever been any corroboration of the yachting story? I'll need more than CDAN to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 86November 11, 2018 5:53 PM

So all the Royals are wearing blue/purple to Westminster Abbey. Fair enough.

by Anonymousreply 87November 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Immaculate Kate vs. Dangling Tendril - the difference is striking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 11, 2018 5:55 PM

It's an armistice service which is less solemn than a remembrance service, so I guess wearing darkish colours is mandatory but wearing black would be simply over the top.

by Anonymousreply 89November 11, 2018 5:55 PM

re R88's pic:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 90November 11, 2018 5:57 PM

Oh how I love Kate's green coat. But the coronet-style hats have got to go. She's made her point.

Can someone please explain the distinctions between yachting, escorting and hostessing? The first is done at sea and the others are done on land?

by Anonymousreply 91November 11, 2018 5:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 11, 2018 5:59 PM

blowjobs on a yacht: yachting

blowjobs in a luxury hotel room: escorting

blowjobs in the back of a high-end club: hostessing

by Anonymousreply 93November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Where is the Dead-Eyes Troll when we need her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 11, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]Can someone please explain the distinctions between yachting, escorting and hostessing?

We texted Lindsay Lohan. Expecting to hear back shortly.

by Anonymousreply 95November 11, 2018 6:01 PM

Kate's recent style change really seems to signal that she's done with the young and fecund bride stage of her life and is quickly moving on to the stately bejeweled matron stage of her life. No more babies for her!

by Anonymousreply 96November 11, 2018 6:02 PM

R95 Fucking GOLDEN!

by Anonymousreply 97November 11, 2018 6:04 PM

"Get behind the curtain you spoiled brats until you can learn to behave yourselves."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 11, 2018 6:10 PM

Fuck off, R96.

I'd be laughing so hard if Kate announced another pregnancy these days ... particularly if the announcement was published just about when Merching Meg would go into labour.

by Anonymousreply 99November 11, 2018 6:10 PM

A sleeveless dress at a remembrance service?!?

WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with this bitch?

by Anonymousreply 100November 11, 2018 6:12 PM

Kate The Great looking over at the woman who will always be second rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 11, 2018 6:13 PM

The actress trying to put on a show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 11, 2018 6:14 PM

The look of longing toward the OTHER balcony with the present and future Queens is probably the most authentic I have ever seen of Bean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 11, 2018 6:14 PM

Where was Sarah, Duchess of York? The Windsors still holding a grudge?

by Anonymousreply 104November 11, 2018 6:14 PM

R96 a bit "too" matronly in my eyes, she's only 36. But I like this look over the sausage curls and harsh eyeliner she was sporting for so long. She looks kind of tired out in most of these snaps. Funny you should mention that r99 because the thought crossed my mind: oh god, is she knocked up again?

by Anonymousreply 105November 11, 2018 6:15 PM

Sarah, Duchess of York is not a member of the royal family

by Anonymousreply 106November 11, 2018 6:15 PM

R104 - Sarah doesn't do royal engagements anymore since her divorce from Prince Andrew. Occasionally, she's invited to a royal wedding like Harry and of course she shows up at her daughter Eugenie's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 107November 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Kate isn't going to take any shit from Sparkle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 11, 2018 6:19 PM

Kate's Remembrance Day looks through the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 11, 2018 6:20 PM

Way harsh, R99: Kate's look has become QUITE stately lately. What about my observation deserved a 'fuck off'?

I do think she's done with babies, but if she were to get knocked up right now, it would really take the wind out of Meghan's sails.

by Anonymousreply 110November 11, 2018 6:22 PM

I would hazard that one was done at Soho House, R91.

by Anonymousreply 111November 11, 2018 6:24 PM

Kate had a band type hat on her head for the service at the Abbey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 11, 2018 6:27 PM

If Kate's Catherine Walker coat looks familiar it's because she's worn it a couple of times before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 11, 2018 6:28 PM

Meghan looked good for a change but Kate looked elegant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 11, 2018 6:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2018 6:40 PM

Ok, that might have been a bit too harsh indeed, R110, but this doesn't change the fact that I differ from you. I don't think Kate's style has become 'stately' or 'matronly'. She looks like she always does - except for a better hairstyle and better make-up. Laying off that monstrosity of an eyeliner was the right thing to do, she should've refrained from using that much eyeliner in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 116November 11, 2018 6:40 PM

Harry looks like he's fighting a terrible urge to swipe Clingon's hand away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 11, 2018 6:41 PM

Oh, too bad. She caught on his hand again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 11, 2018 6:41 PM

Kate's eyebrows are too harsh

by Anonymousreply 119November 11, 2018 6:42 PM

He married her and impregnated her and encouraged her shenanigans: He should hold her hand. Otherwise he looks like an even bigger manbaby than before.

by Anonymousreply 120November 11, 2018 6:42 PM

R120 - a manbaby has to hold his surrogate Mommy's hand.

Personally, I think Kate is very competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a least one more child to tie the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 121November 11, 2018 6:45 PM

In R117's pic, you can see Hazza's wearing that stupid ring again.

Instead of Sussex, they should've become the Duke and Duchess of Merchingham.

by Anonymousreply 122November 11, 2018 6:45 PM

Previous thread mentions Meagain still being able to turn the situation around and behave and play nice in the sandbox. I think the chances of that are slim to non-existent for a narcissist. Just like Cheetolini will never start acting "presidential", it's just not inherent, same with Meagain.

by Anonymousreply 123November 11, 2018 6:45 PM

Perhaps "queenly" is a better adjective for her style choices of late, R116. This certainly has a very different look to her former style, IMHO:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 11, 2018 6:46 PM

Here is the "Sparkle Sashay" on full view in the Abbey. Lights, camera, action!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 11, 2018 6:47 PM

I am a Kate fan, R101, but she is looking pretty hard and mean in that photo. Some eyebrow softening and lip and naso-labial filler would do her a world of good.

by Anonymousreply 126November 11, 2018 6:47 PM

Look at those hooker shoes she's wearing at church!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2018 6:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 11, 2018 6:48 PM

R126, maybe she is pregnant again, so no fillers.

She did use them before, so there must be a reason why she doesn't use them these days ...

by Anonymousreply 129November 11, 2018 6:49 PM

Oh hell. That would be jolly good fun if Kate was pregnant again. Nutmeg would blow a fuse.

by Anonymousreply 130November 11, 2018 6:50 PM

Look at her looking at Kate in R125's video ... that look on her face says she wants to push Kate off some cliff.

by Anonymousreply 131November 11, 2018 6:51 PM

Once a hooker, always a hooker. The bare arms at a solemn occasion, hooker stilettos in W Abbey...

by Anonymousreply 132November 11, 2018 6:51 PM

R132 here. forgot to mention the Sparkle Sashay in Westminster Abbey. Wagging her insolent little ass in church like ... I don’t even know what.

by Anonymousreply 133November 11, 2018 6:53 PM

Kate seems to like having her children relatively close together, so if she wants to put the maternity clothes to good use one more time, now is the time. Besides, even though women do have babies in their 40s, 30s is better if you can afford it--which she can.

It wouldn't be just about pissing off Meghan, though Megs will probably see it that way.

by Anonymousreply 134November 11, 2018 6:54 PM

[quote]like ... I don’t even know what.

Like someone without manners who doesn't understand her role.

by Anonymousreply 135November 11, 2018 6:54 PM

The funny thing is, Kate would be, at this stage, even more fecund due to have been pregnant not that long ago.

So, if she is pregnant, this might have been what is ironically referred to a 'Betriebsunfall' (industrial accident) in German. :-D '

by Anonymousreply 136November 11, 2018 6:55 PM

*due to having been pregnant

by Anonymousreply 137November 11, 2018 6:55 PM

Have a girl and name her Diana, Kate! That would effectively block off another highly brandable name from Megs, since Pippa took Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 138November 11, 2018 6:56 PM

And her wonky face on the balcony isn’t from being pregnant. It’s misapplied blush/bronzer meant to give the appearance of swelling. She probably wants people to speculate as to why one side of her face is swollen (did Harry deck her?!)

by Anonymousreply 139November 11, 2018 6:57 PM

William and Kate would never be so dumb to name a daughter of theirs Diana. It's one of Charlotte's second names and that's about it. They're not that preposterous, giving their kid a kind of heritage he would struggle to deal with and to live up to.

Duke Dimwit and Duchess Merching Meg on the other hand ...

by Anonymousreply 140November 11, 2018 7:01 PM

I hope she passive aggressively names her son Archiebald Arthur Philip Charles and daughter Rose Doria Diana Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 141November 11, 2018 7:01 PM

That Markus Anderson guy is HOT. I wonder if he fucked Meghan or at least made her blow him before he introduced her to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 142November 11, 2018 7:03 PM

i saw the picture r60 posted and others from the same event and thought - oh my! she's done away with the horrible orange clown-bronzer (so shimmery it's almost like glitter)...

nope. the photo r56 shared makes it obvious the bronzer's still her best friend. nobody around her likes her - otherwise a well-meaning friend would have stolen this vile thing she's so obviously attached to...

by Anonymousreply 143November 11, 2018 7:04 PM

If it's a boy, they might be going for Philip.

They'd be sucking up to the Queen if they named their first-born son in honour of her husband (dead or alive).

by Anonymousreply 144November 11, 2018 7:05 PM

I would laugh for days if racist Philip ended up with a namesake who's one-quarter black.

by Anonymousreply 145November 11, 2018 7:08 PM

R145, me too. I hope it comes to pass.

by Anonymousreply 146November 11, 2018 7:10 PM

Bronzer inspiration

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 11, 2018 7:12 PM

I don't think philip is racist. He seems to hate everyone equally.

by Anonymousreply 148November 11, 2018 7:13 PM

And I must say, philip looked the happiest out of everyone at harry and megs wedding.

by Anonymousreply 149November 11, 2018 7:15 PM

I thought the Suxxes may have been appropriately chastened after this most recent round of bad pr, but the hand holding into Westminster Abbey shows that to be a big fat nope. Still, she did have the garish control hose on at least.

by Anonymousreply 150November 11, 2018 7:17 PM

R142 Markus is gayer than liberace

by Anonymousreply 151November 11, 2018 7:18 PM

That was the Demerol, R149.

by Anonymousreply 152November 11, 2018 7:20 PM

R151 How do you know? There is hardly anything about him on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 153November 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Markus was said to be her handler. There is video of Markus, Nutmeg, Dim and DORIA, up from LA at the IG in Toronto. The druggie little Soho set setting up the mark?

by Anonymousreply 154November 11, 2018 7:50 PM

Why doesn’t follow the strict rules of BRF? What to wear when to smile and when not to? Surely all has been explained to her. She is fighting against centuries of rules and instructions. It is rude and foolish. Lilibet is not amused.

by Anonymousreply 155November 11, 2018 7:54 PM

The Cambridges and the other two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 11, 2018 7:56 PM

R156 I know I might go too far with this but details matter in this. Her smile is all wrong, too wide when it should be reserved. She was supposed to an actress. Act and bring out tiny reserved smile when needed.

by Anonymousreply 157November 11, 2018 7:59 PM

Arthur was the nickname Charles used for his penis

by Anonymousreply 158November 11, 2018 7:59 PM

Two brothers, two helping hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 11, 2018 8:00 PM

Look at Duke Dim's exasperated look on his face in R159's pic, trying to move Merching Meg away from the scene while she is looking for the cameras.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 160November 11, 2018 8:04 PM

Meghan seems like she's playing the role of the wide-eyed American girl who bagged a prince through her innate sweetness and beauty, and charms all around her without even trying. She still thinks this is a movie and she, as its heroine, is guaranteed a triumphant ending. What a sad day it will be when reality intrudes and she sees the truth: She's a social-climber of no family and no substance who got supremely lucky, and has absolutely no idea what the fuck she's gotten herself into.

by Anonymousreply 161November 11, 2018 8:05 PM

Marcus is discussed a bit here. How funny to scan this in light of all that has happened!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 11, 2018 8:17 PM

R103 I noticed that sad little glance, as if she were thinking "If only I'd been able to yacht my way into William's heart".

by Anonymousreply 163November 11, 2018 8:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Her arse seems to be growing significantly faster than her belly.

by Anonymousreply 165November 11, 2018 9:42 PM

Which is making her legs look even more bird like.

by Anonymousreply 166November 11, 2018 9:45 PM

Surely hose comes in her skin tone, yet she persists in embodying Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 167November 11, 2018 9:55 PM

It's meant to accent the heavy-handed illuminator cosmetic on her face so the cameras can be graced with the full-on glow effect, lest the masses be not reminded (like a goddamn loop) she is pregnant

by Anonymousreply 168November 11, 2018 10:17 PM

To the manour born was I!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 11, 2018 10:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 11, 2018 10:28 PM

[quote]To the manour born was I!

OH DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 171November 11, 2018 10:29 PM

You are a bunch of repressed, bitter schoolboys, whose views have no importance to no one but your paltry group of acquaintances. There is a thinly veiled misogyny, class envy and racism underlying your every message. You would have thought the woman was a fascist who goes around making agreements with Russian strongmen in exchange for the control of a country.

I thoroughly pity all of you.

by Anonymousreply 172November 11, 2018 10:30 PM

[QUOTE]You are a bunch of repressed, bitter schoolboys, whose views have no importance to no one but your paltry group of acquaintances. There is a thinly veiled misogyny, class envy and racism underlying your every message. You would have thought the woman was a fascist who goes around making agreements with Russian strongmen in exchange for the control of a country. I thoroughly pity all of you.

Was your Reader's Digest late this month?

by Anonymousreply 173November 11, 2018 10:35 PM

Aw, how adorable r173 A grease fire AND a block just for YOU!

by Anonymousreply 174November 11, 2018 10:37 PM

Damn it I meant R172!

R173 I'm so sorry! I'll get the fire extinguisher right away...burns are "in" this year if that helps!

by Anonymousreply 175November 11, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]You are a bunch of repressed, bitter schoolboys, whose views have no importance to no one but your paltry group of acquaintances. There is a thinly veiled misogyny, class envy and racism underlying your every message.

I agree.

All I see is Meghan looking lovely, and they are falling over backwards praising old ass looking Kate, as if her butt doesn't stink. I swear if Meghan had her dress flying up in the air one time -- let alone the multiple times Kate's dresses flew up in the air -- she would never live it down.

by Anonymousreply 176November 11, 2018 10:55 PM

R172 Honey there are no boys in here. Only Queens and fraus.

by Anonymousreply 177November 11, 2018 10:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178November 11, 2018 10:57 PM

Uh-oh! Kate is fussing w/her hair. I thought Meg only did that.

by Anonymousreply 179November 11, 2018 10:58 PM

When HazBean get their asses handed to them by Her Majesty the Queen the sugars resort to attacking the messengers. I gladly invite their pity (as if they really understood the definition but sadly, most of them are about as bright as the ginger fuckwit).

by Anonymousreply 180November 11, 2018 11:03 PM

R180 HMQ wore the same brooch she wore to harry and megs wedding. I guess to send the press a message.

by Anonymousreply 181November 11, 2018 11:07 PM

And well we remember how cheerful she looked that day.

by Anonymousreply 182November 11, 2018 11:11 PM

"You are a bunch of repressed, bitter schoolboys, whose views have no importance to no one but your paltry group of acquaintances. There is a thinly veiled misogyny, class envy and racism underlying your every message."

Obviously their views are of very much importance to YOU, you indignant twat. If criticism of Nutmeg bothers you so much then take your lumpy ass to another thread. Begone!

by Anonymousreply 183November 11, 2018 11:11 PM

Here r173 - Something more at your level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 11, 2018 11:15 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tiara-gate was just Megan asking (demanding) a tiara with colored stones, not emeralds in particular, and the queen knew of Eugenies plan for the emeralds , said no. Her dress was plain enough, that a colored stone tiara would have looked very pretty. You can bet your ass on that Mulroney creature being a god parent of the new baby. The family usually chooses three or four sets of god parents for the baby, and really, who else does she have? It would look strange if all of them are his friends/family.

by Anonymousreply 185November 11, 2018 11:15 PM

R183 I'm not R180, but it seems his/her post bothers you. You can't take the criticism either, so poof!

by Anonymousreply 186November 11, 2018 11:16 PM

Meant r172

by Anonymousreply 187November 11, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote]whose views have no importance to no one but your paltry group of acquaintances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 11, 2018 11:19 PM

JFC, that pic at r169 and her stupid hand to face pose. She uses it quite a bit and must think that she looks so very chic. Is it wrong that I wish she would lose her left arm in some freak merching accident? Oh, who am I kidding? She would just bring her stump to her face.

by Anonymousreply 189November 11, 2018 11:24 PM

R169 SSAA

by Anonymousreply 190November 11, 2018 11:33 PM

She did that same hand to face move when she emerged from the car at Eugenie 's wedding wearing the pregnancy coat and rings on nearly every finger.

by Anonymousreply 191November 11, 2018 11:53 PM

What is her fascination for wearig a coat over her shoulder's like a cape? Did she see it in Vogue once? Does she harbour a secret wish to be Superman???

by Anonymousreply 192November 11, 2018 11:53 PM

About that TiaraGate business...supposedly she wanted a tiara with emeralds but her desire went unfulfilled because of the "origins of the stones', which were said to be from Russia. This made dimwit Harry mad and he supposedly had a tantrum where he barked "Whatever Meagan wants, Meagan gets!" Is he really that stupid? I think he is. Anyway, the issue went to the Queen, who said no, no emerald tiara for Nutmeg. I wondered if this story was true and I think it might well be. She may well have wanted an emerald tiara to offset the plainness of the wedding gown. Anyway, it's interesting that Eugenie got to wear an emerald tiara at HER wedding.

by Anonymousreply 193November 12, 2018 12:21 AM

Except for her bronzer or blush or whatever it is, I think Sparkle looked nice today at the Cenotaph ceremony; I was less enthused about the return to messy hair under a little saucer hat at the Abbey, and the return to the playing to the camera smug smile.

What she was actually thinking as she was relegated alone to that secondary balcony, and she and Harry to the second row behind HM, Charles, Camilla, William, and Kate is a matter of amusing speculation ("I was born for centre stage, NOT the chorus line!"), but one thing you learn fast in royal circles is, show 'em nothing - a rule Diana broker perpetually as the marriage disintegrated.

That the Queen sent a very clear message in today's arrangements - not just to Harry and Meghan, but to the public - is beyond doubt.

Whether Meghan will take it to heart remains to be seen.

Oh, and "old ass" 36 year old Kate to the poster upthread is eight months younger than the 37 shopworn divorcee - whose ass and thighs are expanding like a souffle in her second trimester.

Sarah Ferguson is not a member of the royal family and under no circumstances would have been part of the ceremonies today.

Next, children, we have Charles's big birthday bash, laid on by HM herself, so we should be seeing gowns galore. Uncertain if it is a tiara night or not.

by Anonymousreply 194November 12, 2018 12:24 AM

Looking at all those nasty headlines in the tabs and the speculation about tantrums and tiaras and who outranks who and whose hair and clothes are better - one can just hear Cressida Bonas singing, "Who's sorry now?" in the shower.

Gurl knew what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 195November 12, 2018 12:37 AM

^^^^^^ Chelsy dodged a big bullet there also, r195.

by Anonymousreply 196November 12, 2018 12:38 AM

I wonder if part of why Harry seems extra fucked up and angry lately is (if the rumour is true) that he is no longer in touch with Chelsy. She was a good influence on him especially in later years, and they remained quite close friends after they broke up. I imagine she was one of his main go-tos for advice. Now that she's gotten the boot by orders of Sparkle (again, if true) he's probably quite at sea for want of someone he can confide in.

by Anonymousreply 197November 12, 2018 12:53 AM

How can her skin tone and make-up take an abrupt modification for the better in the last leg of the tour, but when she shows up for the remembrance stuff, it all goes in the shitter and once again it's foundation six shades darker than her skin tone, plus copious bronzer, plus injectables? And the lips!

by Anonymousreply 198November 12, 2018 12:54 AM

You have to be pretty dumb to marry into the Royal Family and think it is OK to:

1. Demand a particular tiara from the Queen.

2. Rant at staff when you don't get your way about the tiara.

3. Refuse to wear clothes created by designers from the country that is supporting your lifestyle.

4. Pull a bitchy mean girl trick to steal the focus from someone else's wedding.

5. Leak nasty stories about your soon to be or new in-laws, particularly about their children.

6. Refuse to pay attention to the protocol instructions you were undoubtedly given as to how to and who to curtsy to.

7. Constantly seek the focus of any camera within sight.

8. Wear clothes that are frequently inappropriate, and ill fitting, with dangling tags and basting stitches still in place.

And these are just some of the most obvious qualities!

by Anonymousreply 199November 12, 2018 12:58 AM

The first time I saw the merch ring on Harry's hand I assumed he had gotten in on the merching himself but could it be that he's so dim that Meghan gave it to him as a gift and he still hasn't noticed that she's merching her ass off.

by Anonymousreply 200November 12, 2018 1:00 AM

I see she’s back to the boat neck. It makes her upper body look even more huge than it already is (she’s quite barrel chested and burly.) why does she do this!?

by Anonymousreply 201November 12, 2018 1:07 AM

I like that turn of phrase you used there R195. "Tantrum and Tiara" is rather fitting as an alternative sobriquet for HazBean, Nutmeg & Ginger, Suxxes, etc.

by Anonymousreply 202November 12, 2018 1:08 AM

Wasn’t Tantrums & Tiaras the name of the Elton John documentary too?

by Anonymousreply 203November 12, 2018 1:14 AM

It was r203. I've always wanted to see it, but no luck finding it. I will look on YouTube again.

by Anonymousreply 204November 12, 2018 1:18 AM

Third Option: She can always merch the fetus, then merch as a toddler......Endless royal merching.

by Anonymousreply 205November 12, 2018 1:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206November 12, 2018 1:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207November 12, 2018 1:35 AM

There was another photo where the Queen had turned to leave and both Camilla and Kate looked concerned. Maybe the Queen is not as healthy as we are led to believe. She has done this a lot longer than her father.

by Anonymousreply 208November 12, 2018 1:44 AM

I'm sure she'll live to be 103 at the very least

by Anonymousreply 209November 12, 2018 1:55 AM

My God, she looks small there.

by Anonymousreply 210November 12, 2018 2:07 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 12, 2018 2:17 AM

So we are guessing that Skippy may have paid to get blown at a Soho House, likely London? Should the rumors be true...

by Anonymousreply 212November 12, 2018 2:49 AM

Merch a baby? Have you no sense of propriety, R205?

We're working on something much more in keeping with the aesthetic of The New Monarchy™.....[bold]SohoBébé x Royal Tig[/bold]™! Here's a sneak peek at our first two pieces.

Our first piece, a simple unisex romper, features the season's must-have convertible collar. Buttoned up, it protects bébé's neck from searing heat and humidity. Pulled off-shoulder, it converts to the on-trend Bébé Bardot neckline; so sweet for funerals and church services!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 12, 2018 3:00 AM

R213 DYING over here. Oh god, keep these coming!

by Anonymousreply 214November 12, 2018 3:08 AM

Genius r213.

by Anonymousreply 215November 12, 2018 3:09 AM

We think you’ll agree that our second piece, a modern christening gown, is the standout of our inaugural collection. Harkening back to The Wedding That Stopped the World™ this minimalistic gown in Sussex Soot is the perfect blank canvas to showcase an exquisite emerald baby bracelet! Our dangling hem-tendrils go from thick and bouncy to stressed and straggly with just a few tweezer plucks. The choice is yours.

Note: If bébé must, he/she can wear a simple diamond bracelet. Still adequate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 12, 2018 3:25 AM

Did you hear, girls? Harry will divorce Megs before the baby is even born! And, supposedly she will be tossed into jail for damaging the British Monarchy! The charges are being filed by middle-aged white gay American men who have no monarchy of their own, who wept over Diana’s death and always hoped Diana would watch over Harry like an angel! But yes, execution is the only punishment they’ll consider for the evil adventuress!

by Anonymousreply 217November 12, 2018 3:25 AM

R216 This is absolutely fucking brilliant, Mess. BEYOND. Quick question...are you looking for an agent?

by Anonymousreply 218November 12, 2018 3:29 AM

You're already our agent, dear. Shhhhh.

by Anonymousreply 219November 12, 2018 3:32 AM

*gulp* r219

by Anonymousreply 220November 12, 2018 3:35 AM

I'm impressed with my SSAA interns for keeping the flame alive in my absence. Great work and there will be a little something extra for you all in your paycheques.

Having said that and having seen photos of her at the Remembrance Day event, she is SUCH an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 221November 12, 2018 4:49 AM

You're so right, R221. I have a bit of a soft spot for SSAA Intern 3; they've been keeping things moving right on track, hustling strays back into the fold like a shiny-haired sheepdog, and still finding time to drum up a little side hustle. AND Intern 3 can multitask splendidly, among other things!

by Anonymousreply 222November 12, 2018 4:57 AM

Oh my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223November 12, 2018 5:34 AM

There are no words, R223. Oh wait, yes there are: THAT IS ONE UGLY FUCKING GETUP.

by Anonymousreply 224November 12, 2018 5:40 AM

In R159 pic, why is her dress so wrinkled? Why is there a white stain on the side? Why Kate’s dress is tidy and smooth, when she has worn it before on several occasions? I’m not even asking why she’s wearing a dress exposing her neck and shoulders and shoes with slits.

by Anonymousreply 225November 12, 2018 5:41 AM

The Duchess of Excess is so spectacularly unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 226November 12, 2018 5:55 AM

What I find weird is that she was such a really ugly child when she did the detergent ad stuff, and is so much better looking as an adult that she has to have got major work done.

by Anonymousreply 227November 12, 2018 6:08 AM

Were we aware that she flips her hair from side to side? I love that she adopted a "a frenetic and self-conscious tick" who helps with the hair-flipping when she's feeling anxious.

It's all so unfair. The best the rest of us can hope for is a plain old involuntary tic.

[quote]While my hair off-camera is generally pulled into a low bun or tousled and flipped from side to side (a frenetic and self-conscious tick I adopted for moments I feel anxious, the onscreen Rachel Zane hair is something that leaves little room for insecurity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 12, 2018 6:19 AM

LOL, "self conscious tick", isn't she amazing?

by Anonymousreply 229November 12, 2018 6:26 AM

Sorry to say this....not a sugar here. Kate is a stunning woman who is always beautifully dressed and is impressively tall and faultlessly slim. She has beautiful legs and hair and teeth. But her thin lips, wrinkled forehead and heavy brows often make her look old, hard and mean. While I do think MM is a mess, style-wise and grooming-wise and think her perma-grin makes her look like a lawn jockey, to me her face is softer and prettier than Kate's.

by Anonymousreply 230November 12, 2018 6:38 AM

Oh, gawd. The "lawn jockey" comparison is going to fulfill R17's every suspicion about this thread and its inhabitants. Thanks, R230, for perpetuating one of the most hateful stereotypes about African Americans, the perpetually grinning and obsequious lawn jockey. You may have a point, but you made it so badly. But at least she's soft and pretty!

by Anonymousreply 231November 12, 2018 6:49 AM

Soft and pretty? Since when is hard core greed and acquisitiveness and sheer, petty meanness and spiteful, spoiled, juvenile behavior soft and pretty? You can see all these things in Bean's eyes, R230. Maybe Kate has a corrugated forehead and normal-sized lips, but she seems genuine and kind.

by Anonymousreply 232November 12, 2018 6:57 AM

Kate does seem genuine and kind. But a bit of eyebrow thinning, Botox and lip filler would not go amiss.

by Anonymousreply 233November 12, 2018 7:46 AM

Kate looks harsh as fuck and much older than Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 234November 12, 2018 7:46 AM

R231 You lost me at lawn jockey. Really?

by Anonymousreply 235November 12, 2018 7:47 AM

It doesn't matter. Meghan is a phony piece of shit. She could have Charlize Theron's face and she'd still be a piece of shit. Nothing can make that grifting, ugly skank pretty and soft. Kate rocks.

by Anonymousreply 236November 12, 2018 7:50 AM

Time to go to sleep R236. You're getting angry over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 237November 12, 2018 7:58 AM

No I'm not. I'm just stating a fact. And hall monitors are unnecessary here, you controlling asshole.

by Anonymousreply 238November 12, 2018 8:00 AM

Well, sorry to offend. Who else has an inappropriate stupid grin plastered on their face no matter the occasion - Alfred E. Neumann?

by Anonymousreply 239November 12, 2018 8:00 AM

R235 - R231 here. I did not bring the lawn jockey up. I could only attribute to and respond to R230. I only pointed out its reprehensible racist underpinnings, I know it's late, but please be more careful and excoriate the person who deserves it, not me. It kind of hurts to point out the racism, and then be called a racist. If you have any claims against me, what are they?

by Anonymousreply 240November 12, 2018 8:10 AM

I don't think the BRF was "punishing" the Sussexes with their seating. Why on earth would they sit in front with the Queen? She sat between her heir and his heir. That's the way it is now....Charles is up next, then William.

Prototcol-wise, they were seated where they were supposed to be.

Once the Queen is gone, they'll be in better seats and Andrew, Edward and Anne will make room.

Of course, once George, Charlotte and Louis are old enough, then Harry & Megs will have to scoot back up again. That's the "spares" lot in Royal life....filling in the spare spaces as needed.

by Anonymousreply 241November 12, 2018 8:13 AM

Deep thoughts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 12, 2018 8:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 12, 2018 8:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244November 12, 2018 8:22 AM

R240 So sorry.

R231 is the racist thug that thinks nothing of letting it all hand out -- on a keyboard that is. Lawn jockey? Really? Your parents sure raised you low class, because there is no reason to be threatened. Meghan is too far above to see you in your busted up trailer.

by Anonymousreply 245November 12, 2018 8:23 AM

Awww, those motivational posts are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 246November 12, 2018 8:26 AM

Well, you know what? If MM didn't demonstrate racial stereotypes with her behaviour, then no one would point them out. Her mother certainly knows how to be dignified, both in dress and behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 247November 12, 2018 8:28 AM

No, this shit would be the worst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 12, 2018 8:28 AM

And yet you still excoriate, R231, who pointed out their hateful nature, R245? Please learn to either count or keep track. Or just go the fuck away.

by Anonymousreply 249November 12, 2018 8:41 AM

I think the situation is finally getting on her nerves.

She still looks smug but if you look at footages, there's several times where her mask is slipping and she looks genuinely upset. I think she's starting to understand her real situation.

She's pregnant (yes she is, Jeez), she married a man-child, a good part of her new "family" hate her and she's isolated in a foreign country with no friends and no family.

It not gonna be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 250November 12, 2018 8:53 AM

And she's the one who's created it, R250, by being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 251November 12, 2018 8:57 AM

I agree she created it but she's also her own abuser and victim.

In her head she thought she would come and conquer when in reality all she did is isolating herself.

I don't think it's what she wanted, she wanted to be the most beloved and IMO she doesn't understand why she is not, that's why she's upset. The reality is crashing on her feet and Harry is unable to help her.

by Anonymousreply 252November 12, 2018 9:03 AM

Right you are, R250. As I said before, she looked infinitely happier before she married Harry. She was queen of her own world.

by Anonymousreply 253November 12, 2018 9:06 AM

And he looked happier before the wedding, too. In fact, I'd say this marriage has been much rougher on him than on her.

by Anonymousreply 254November 12, 2018 9:11 AM

She should have stay with her Chef boyfriend being the Queen of her little Toronto Court. She would have been happier.

I think she was quite happy until the ed of the Tour, she had her bump to display to adoring journalists and officials were nice to her.

It's when they came back in UK that all Hell broke loose for them, tbh Harry saw it coming as he looked gloomy at the end of the Tour.

by Anonymousreply 255November 12, 2018 9:17 AM

She is a phoney ass bitch . There is nothing true about her . She believes her own lies like the orange turd does . Her nose and hair are screaming to me I want to be white soooo much . When I first saw her on Suits here in my country I thought she was white with a little bit of mexican trow in . Never thought she was half black . There are black actresses who don’t denie their heritage like she does . Her mother doesn’t denie her heritage and knows how to dress well . She looks 100 times better than her daughter who did everything to erase her partial black heritage . I have respect for Doria not for Meghan

by Anonymousreply 256November 12, 2018 9:30 AM

1) lana turner

2) garbo

3) de havilland and fontaine 2 in 1

by Anonymousreply 257November 12, 2018 9:54 AM

sorry, wrong thread!

-r257

by Anonymousreply 258November 12, 2018 9:55 AM

The queens on this thread talking as if they have the inside track on high society. They wish.

by Anonymousreply 259November 12, 2018 9:55 AM

I know, R259. Sugars tend to do that, and there's lots of sugar flying around this thread right now (unfortunately.)

by Anonymousreply 260November 12, 2018 9:58 AM

When bearding goes wrong . To much hand holding to much cradling her faux baby belly to much of everything . That’s something all these publicists get wrong . From the first time we where seeing them together as a couple it never seem wright . Not even the Wedding that was the biggest scam of all . 2 million quid that the taxpayers will have to pay now . And then the 130000 quid as clothing money for their tour . I never seen that kind of money on their body . All I could see where cheap clothes . The only thing when Harry was looking good was when he had a polo shirt on and slacks . It was a shitstorm that entire tour downunder .

by Anonymousreply 261November 12, 2018 10:12 AM

Yep, R261.

by Anonymousreply 262November 12, 2018 10:58 AM

When I look at Harry and Meghan I always have to think of the Spice Girls song Too Much

by Anonymousreply 263November 12, 2018 11:10 AM

Charles birthday party is coming up, I believe. What on earth will the Eternally Clueless One wear? Perhaps a flower in her buttonhole that will squirt water whenever anyone gets close enough to take a sniff? Kate and William won't be there, so The Only Woman Who Ever Gave Birth won't be overshadowed by the pretty, well-dressed one.

by Anonymousreply 264November 12, 2018 11:20 AM

Sorry...Charles' birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 265November 12, 2018 11:21 AM

I sure had to laugh R264 😂.

by Anonymousreply 266November 12, 2018 11:32 AM

Bump to get in my thread watcher

by Anonymousreply 267November 12, 2018 11:33 AM

W&K will be at the birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 268November 12, 2018 11:33 AM

What makes you think so, R268? The inside scoop again?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269November 12, 2018 11:35 AM

Their engagement is during they day, the party is in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 270November 12, 2018 11:36 AM

So you DO have the inside scoop! How interesting. Except you don't know what the fook you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 271November 12, 2018 11:40 AM

My... Some of you need to learn to read again.

They have an engagement the same day but the party is on the evening.... Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 272November 12, 2018 11:46 AM

So we will see the Duchess of Soho at the birthday party and at the PT gala. Wonder what she will do since it is more of an entertainment event? Another super short dress? Cannot wait! Any other engagements announced?

Wonder what will go on with Doria and the holidays?

by Anonymousreply 273November 12, 2018 12:19 PM

She’ll probably have a miscarriage as they’re bringing out Charles’s cake.

by Anonymousreply 274November 12, 2018 12:25 PM

Well, children, this was in The Mirror last night and in my view, amongst recent charming stories generated by The New Diana! it gives Tiara Gate a run for its money: die-hard fans of Meghan are interpreting the fact that the Queen wore the same brooch at the Remembrance ceremony that she wore to the Sussex wedding was a coded message that the Tiara Gate story was false.

The Mirror, like the DM, finds a not too subtle way to make the hysterics look like the nutjobs they are without coming out and calling them that. The headline reads, "Clever Way People Think Queen Denied Rumours about Tiara Row with Meghan Markle". The Mirror puts up some of the truly hilarious exclamations insisting that this was the Queen's way of denying rumours, and then goes on to repeat the Tiara Gate story.

by Anonymousreply 275November 12, 2018 1:02 PM

I,live in a appartment and besides my flat is a more luxury one . The old people who live there are better dressed than the Clueless One ! She has no clue what clothes to wear ! That’s s why I think its all fake . You recall in the summer they had to go to a wedding and she had that awful dress on witch looked like a curtain . Well If I was a man married to her I would have dragged her back in and let her change !

by Anonymousreply 276November 12, 2018 1:14 PM

Same Sugars think the Queen gave her a diplomatic role and think she's a diplomatic genius because she was with the German Lady on the balcony.

Yeah, of course, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 277November 12, 2018 1:20 PM

R251 - Look, the lady herself may be phonier than a $3 bill - she may or may not even be in a lavender marriage, but the baby is real - I do not know why you fake pregnancy theorists do not see the illogic in your dearly held idea. You don't seem to get it that if it were fake, it would mean that Harry is in on it, and we all know he would do no such thing. He's dim but not that dim.

If there is no real baby, there will soon be no real Duchess of Sussex - in fact, there would also be no Duke of Sussex. It really could not possibly be hidden. Do you think she's going to give birth in her bedroom in Nottingham Cottage?! Do you think she's going to bribe the staff of the Portland Hospital's maternity wing?

She has absolutely nothing to gain from a fake pregnancy and everything to gain from a real one. No such deception would get past the BRF. Any attempt at same would get her booted out of the BRF, along with her foolish mark.

She needs that real live baby and she needs it bad. She'll never be accepted as part of the family or have any financial security, not to mention always unfavourably compared to the fecund Kate with her brood of attractive children, until she breeds.

Get over it. The bump is real and the baby is real.

Everything else, of course, is open to speculation.

by Anonymousreply 278November 12, 2018 1:21 PM

Just thinking they must not live together . He lives in KP and she in the farmhouse ! They live separetly and just come together when they have something to attend together

by Anonymousreply 279November 12, 2018 1:23 PM

Careful here R278, they're going to call you a Sugar.

by Anonymousreply 280November 12, 2018 1:23 PM

What makes you say that, R279?

by Anonymousreply 281November 12, 2018 1:24 PM

I guess every one is in on it in the RF including dimwit . And why not a surrogate ? Lots of rich people do that .

by Anonymousreply 282November 12, 2018 1:26 PM

She does look pregnant. I suppose she could just be gaining weight. But the weird puffiness does make her look pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 283November 12, 2018 1:30 PM

What does it say about Bean that some people believe she'd have the cajones to fake a (royal) pregnancy? That she's a complete phony. That there's nothing she won't stoop to. That she carries Harry's balls around in her ugly, cheap, borrowed purse.

by Anonymousreply 284November 12, 2018 1:33 PM

It's not just the puffiness, you could see that her thighs are filling out rapidly in the outfits she wore yesterday. The idea that the BRF AND Harry AND the doctors AND the hospital where she gives birth are ALL in on this is beyond ludicrous.

Look, there's plenty to dislike about Meghan Markle without descending into absolute fake news idiocy. We have quite enough of that around.

She needs a real baby and so does Harry. Otherwise, this marriage stands on a knife-edge and if it goes tits up she gets out with nothing. She didn't claw her way up this far to fall at the last gate.

Meanwhile, the DM is continuing its campaign against her today, comparing her makeup and Kate's on the balcony yesterday.

"Meghan returns to her showbiz roots with high-voltage 'Hollywood' makeup for her first Cenotaph appearance - while sophisticated Kate opts for a more ;grown up' look for the solemn occasion"

They really are going after her. the Tiara Gate story must have been real because its release seems to have removed more barriers to reinforcing the image of a trashy, grasping, self-entitled showbiz type who doesn't belong in the family. If the story hadn't had legs, the DM would have retreated. They must know that the source is reliable.

They are going to pay that bitch out for those threats till the end of the chapter. Meghan's problem is that she has short-term savvy, but lacks long-term strategic vision.

A quick scan of Celebitchy shows a fair sprinkling of posters giving the story of Meghan's "attitude" some credence and being unwilling to dismiss it entirely, some (I think correctly) assuming Prince Andrew leaked it, whilst the usual suspects shriek about racism.

by Anonymousreply 285November 12, 2018 1:46 PM

The thought of the DM going after Bean is so satisfying to me, because you know THOSE bitches will never back down.

by Anonymousreply 286November 12, 2018 1:52 PM

R286 - Sparkle should have remembered the old dictum that you never start a fight with someone who can afford barrels of ink.

Yes, I agree - the DM apparently isn't going to back down. I'd give a good deal to be a fly on the wall of their editorial meetings. Anyone here see "State of Play", one of British TV's most intriguing one-off series, about how a newspaper's digging eventually [SPOILER ALERT] brings down an up and coming MP for a murder - I imagine the editorial meetings at the DM in a similar way.

But the DM has got to avoid making the same mistake Sparkle made, and overplaying its hand, lest it be accused of persecution, or its readers stop paying attention because it's the same old story about her over and over.

by Anonymousreply 287November 12, 2018 2:03 PM

I don’t understand the orange bronzer and (did you notice?) the frosted lipstick? How does that square with her wanting to look “white”?

And her clothing colors are so drab, then she piles tons of garish colors on.... her FACE?! It makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 288November 12, 2018 2:42 PM

Ha! Now DM has a story claiming that Hazbean's PDA's have helped William and Kate rekindle their romance.

by Anonymousreply 289November 12, 2018 2:51 PM

R289 - The DM is careful to leaven its attacks with a few sweeteners. The idea on its face is beyond ridiculous, but that never stopped the DM.

by Anonymousreply 290November 12, 2018 2:53 PM

R279 - If the tabs thought there was the slightest chance that they weren't living together, they'd post 24-hour paps with telephoto lens trained on the front and back entrances of Nottingham Cottage and Soho Farmhouse. Tabs like the DM, The Mirror, The Sun, etc., have pockets plenty deep enough for that. And don't think for a moment that Prince Andrew isn't capable of hiring private services for that - which is to say, this is also a fake news story. The only way that that story would have the slightest legs would be if Charles, the Queen, and William knew that the marriage was a bearding arrangement and were complicit in the entire fraud.

If you think MI6 isn't on call for the BRF at need, think again.

If anyone is bearding in this relationship, it's Harry unwittingly bearding for Meghan Markle, not the other way round. She seriously pings for me, as well as striking me as being, after whoring around showbiz for 15+ years, quite sexually expert enough to set a honey trap without being the least sexually interested in the mark.

by Anonymousreply 291November 12, 2018 3:00 PM

I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand where Sparkle got the idea she should pursue a career that’s based on looks.

That would be like Anna Nicole deciding to become a brain surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 292November 12, 2018 3:12 PM

According to HELLO, Charles's birthday bash at Buck House will be attended by many of Europe's other royals - the Danish Royal House has already confirmed that Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will be attending. So we should have plenty of fashion to discuss.

I'm hoping Kate will wear her emeralds as a sweet message to Meghan.

R292 - She's pretty enough. No great beauty, but then, those are really few and far between. As always, it's more about guts, ambition, a thick skin, a willingness to do whatever it takes, and a ruthless disregard for anything and anyone who stands in the way.

Attitude is all; the looks, in truth, are surprisingly secondary at her level.

by Anonymousreply 293November 12, 2018 3:16 PM

[QUOTE] Sparkle is not attractive. She just isn’t.

She looked fine on Suits, because they wardrobed her specifically for the part and she was lit and filmed for maximum attractiveness, as actors are. It seems once she makes her own fashion choices is when she gets in trouble. Her choices have almost all been poor.

And Kate is the one who isn’t attractive, she just isn’t. She has a hard, severe face, yet at the same time generic and bland. But not bland in a country living aristocrat way, more like boring suburban frau who has a bitchy face and who demands to speak to a manager. Plus she has smoker face too, she’s going to wind up haggy like Camilla. We were all saying it here before Me! was even on the scene. All of us.

by Anonymousreply 294November 12, 2018 3:18 PM

R291 How come he lets his legal wife step outside with some of the clothes she is wearing ? After 6 months of marriage she doesn’t know how to dress herself ? Oh come on ! She is just a decoy to avert our eyes from Harry . And a front for the baby that’s coming ! You can gain weight just by eating . You don’t have to be pregnant for that . After her marriage she is most of the time a slob . Why she looks like a slob ! Because it doesn’t matter now ! Before she had to look the part . A sultress who snagged a prince . Now its not necessary anymore -

by Anonymousreply 295November 12, 2018 3:29 PM

Kate's main problem, besides the smoking, is her extreme thinness. After 35 you really do have to pick face or ass, and all signs point to Kate choosing her ass. Which I'm sure is very nice, but her face is paying the price.

Meghan is definitely pregnant. Besides the PR disaster if it came out she was faking, any heir not 'of the body' would not be eligible for the title of Earl/Lady, according to the archaic succession laws of the British aristocracy. Someone in another thread was discussing an English Lord whose second son was not in line for the title because he was born via surrogate. I'm sure the same rules apply to the Royal Family.

She's pregnant. She's pregnant. She's pregnant. Anyone who says otherwise needs to get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 296November 12, 2018 3:39 PM

Neither Kate nor Meghan are great beauties, but they were certainly attractive enough as young women. I agree Kate is a bit too thin, but she has looked lovely in recent outfits since her maternity leave ended and she came back into the public eye. She has a neat little face, lovely hair, and a good figure. Meghan's face is more in the "piquant" category in my opinion, and she has made a mistake going for the long-haired sultry look, and as we all know, she has a really bad figure that is difficult to dress.

The last woman who was truly photogenic in that family was Dianna, who also wasn't a classic beauty but had some striking characteristics that added up to photogeneity: beautiful skin, large blue eyes, great legs.

I would very much doubt that Kate is still smoking - she probably stopped as soon as the engagement was confirmed. She knew she'd be having children fairly soon and she's a careful mother by all accounts.

Not everyone ages well. In fact, hardly anyone does. You got your Lena Hornes, and then you got - just about everyone else.

Ah youth - its freshness goes miserably quickly.

And yes, R296 - she IS pregnant. Which isn't doing her little box of a figure any favours. One thing both Middleton girls do is carry well.

by Anonymousreply 297November 12, 2018 3:52 PM

A moment of quiet reflection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298November 12, 2018 3:57 PM

R295 - It's obviously useless to point out to you the holes in your logic. Maybe her slutty habits appeal to Harry - maybe they reinforce his unconscious desire to stick it to the family he blames for mistreating his beloved Mum. How many husbands do you know who can "stop" their wives from wearing what they want? Harry's looked pretty shabby himself when out of uniform these days, with holes in the soles of his shoes and uncut hair and an untrimmed beard, suit jackets that are too short, and wrinkled clothes. She clearly wears the trousers in this relationship, which isn't that unusual when the wedding's over and the mark is caught. He's an idiot, she's a user with a steel backbone. What's so mysterious?

Draw the eye away from what? There's no evidence Harry is gay although there's plenty of evidence he's dumb, immature, easily led, spoilt, possibly has a drug problem, and wasn't interested in a "suitable" wife, but one who suited his rather dubious taste.

Sometimes what you're seeing really is what you're seeing: an unstable moron of a manchild snagged by a cunning, experienced, not very nice woman. Who is absolutely going to have his baby and ensure that her place in the BRF is more secure and she's less easily gotten rid of.

End of.

by Anonymousreply 299November 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Little Duke and Duchess dolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300November 12, 2018 4:01 PM

So, if the "courts" are split, does this mean that when Prince Charles releases the spending figures that the money spent for the Cambridge branch and the Sussex branch will be listed separately?

Given the numbers reported as to the supposed costs of Sparkle's wardrobe, wouldn't the Cambridges want their allowances listed separately from the allowances to the Sussex?

The wardrobe costs continue to puzzle me.

While I doubted the charge of "Merching" originally, I am extremely doubtful that Prince Charles would fork over huge sums for one new daughter-in-laws clothes.

If her clothes were appropriate and from British designers, I could understand how a newcomer would have to spend to build up a wardrobe of standards that she would be able to reuse over the years. (This is, of course, standard for many of the Royal women like Kate and Princess Anne.)

But Sparkle's clothes are so often poorly fitted and just plan wrong for the occasion, not to mention of foreign designers, that this does not seem to be the case.

So, if the money figures released are split into separate categories, wouldn't that reveal whether the clothes were actually purchased or she is merching?

by Anonymousreply 301November 12, 2018 4:03 PM

Does this reasoning apply to Nutmeg and Dimwit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302November 12, 2018 4:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303November 12, 2018 4:08 PM

R287 The Daily Mail doesn't have the second highest circulation in the country for nothing. It's an old hand at building people up and tearing them down. Particularly fond of going after royals whilst looking like it is praising them to the skies.

by Anonymousreply 304November 12, 2018 4:11 PM

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary will be at Charles' 70th birthday dinner. This will be the chance you've all been waiting for to compare her and Megsy's fashion. Of course Meg will wear some pregnancy hugging gown though cause she's the only woman ever to have a baby.

by Anonymousreply 305November 12, 2018 4:15 PM

In R298's pic, you can see Merching Meg's coat for the Remembrance service wasn't black like the ones worn by HM, Cammy and Kate ...

What an asshole she is!

by Anonymousreply 306November 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Disclaimer: I do not dispute the pregnancy. It is her persistence with the fillers and botox and hair treatments into her second trimester (f you are familiar with these procedures the telltale signs are glaringly self-evident) and her attendance to Zika virus locales that is damning. Regardless whether there is proven correlation that any of it harms the fetus, a caring mother would shift her priorities to the sole interest of the child, if she could--and Nutmeg could, she has unlimited resources, but she chooses NOT to place the welfare of her child in front. She is a categorical narcissist who believes herself exceptional and superior and doesn't give two shits about anyone or anything beyond her ego. (And the sugars will chime in with their bullshit that she is a feminist and why should she let pregnancy stop her from saving the world prancing about in stilettoes on cobblestone in front of the cameras in some fugly expensive new frock--but how dare you criticize her piss poor begrudged curtsy to the Queen of Tonga. She's pregnant for christ's sakes! Have you no shame?)

by Anonymousreply 307November 12, 2018 4:17 PM

R305, Crown Princess Mary will probably look flawless in a classic yet simply dress.

by Anonymousreply 308November 12, 2018 4:30 PM

I don't believe that Harry or Meghan is gay. There have been rumors about Harry's womanizing since he was a teen. I don't think Meghan is sexually attracted to a man who is younger and less emotionally mature than her, less educated than her, and less "Hollywood" than her, and not really all that good looking compared to the men in Hollywood. But lack of attraction to Harry doesn't make her gay. Women choose money and prestige over love all the time. (Though, usually they get that from much older men rather than a younger man.) She'll probably fall for a smart, rugged servant and carry on an affair on the side, while continuing to enjoy the fame and money that Harry offers. Harry will probably enjoy the freedom to sleep around with younger women who want to brag to their friends that they bedded a royal.

I'm also sure she's pregnant. When she does leave Harry (and she's probably already planning her exit), she's going to want people to stay interested in her. Since she can't achieve that goal through her acting ability or charm, she's going to need to leverage that kid. Wherever Meghan ends up, people will want to know what's going on with Diana's youngest grandchild, whether the child has a title or not. When the stalking paps chase down the kid, it will make Meghan feel important. If the child's a girl, Meghan will say that she left the monarchy to make sure that the child could escape the burden of an institution that treats women lesser than men. (She'll make herself sound like a heroine on the level of Katie Holmes escaping scientology with her daughter.)

I don't see how anyone can say Meghan isn't attractive. She'd never been hired for TV work if she didn't meet Hollywood's current standards of attractiveness for women. She's paid a lot of money for her looks, and she's not going to let go of them gracefully. I think she'll follow the Hollywood regimen of anti-aging fillers and other procedures. I think Kate is very attractive too. She has that pale skin (maybe Irish) that isn't so resilient, and she's probably not going to go the fillers and laser "refreshing" route. But she's still aging many times better than her hubby.

by Anonymousreply 309November 12, 2018 4:50 PM

R301 - The "courts" only apply to their PR staff. Their household stipends from Charles have always been separate, as W&K have been married for years and therefore had separate levels of expenses, have a different sized staff for their much larger homes, attend different sort sorts of events, and occupy different positions in the line of succession.

The brothers have, in the past, shared "offices" and support and PR staff. That is what is going to be split up. The rest already was.

by Anonymousreply 310November 12, 2018 4:59 PM

R304 - Yes, that's how they keep the water in the pot boiling.

The poll in the article mentioned doesn't say who carried it out, the DM (in which case it is virtually worthless in terms of the latest polling sciende) or an organisation like YouGov. That said, the polls do reflect what has been the case for a long time. Charles and Camilla have been polling behind the Queen and younger royals for years, and Harry, William, and HM have been reliably in the top three, and the rest (Anne, Philip, the Wessexes and Yorks) are so irrelevant that it's a wonder the public even recognise their names.

I'm sure, though, it is galling for Meghan to find out that all her mugging for the cameras, speeches, "hot" clothes, etc., still left her behind Kate and William.

by Anonymousreply 311November 12, 2018 5:08 PM

As to why pH married her:

1. She's probably fun, as in sexually adventurous and likes drugs.

2. She convinced him she shared his passion for humanitarian work in Africa and he thought it would make them a cool, power couple unlike his stodgy boring brother

3. She's exotic, bi-racial, from the US and a "Hollywood celebrity", with cool celeb friends

4. He wanted to give the royal finger to his family for the death of his mother

5. He got out-manoevred by an experienced, devious actress, who built up his ego.

6. He wanted to be a knight in shining armor and rescue a waif and give her the family she never had.

by Anonymousreply 312November 12, 2018 5:09 PM

Harry and Meghan in conversation at Westminster Abbey. Notice she barely moves her lips. Is her mouth filled with marbles? I think I know what's going on here....

Psst, I want to tell you something but I don't want the lip readers to know what I'm saying to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 12, 2018 5:09 PM

Royal mumbling is an old tradition. Ever hear Princess Anne speak?

by Anonymousreply 314November 12, 2018 5:13 PM

R315 - Meghan isn't royal and you can see that she is purposedly trying NOT to move her lips in the video.

by Anonymousreply 315November 12, 2018 5:14 PM

Oh my “Hollywood Celebrity “ isn’t that a bit over the top . She’s a Z-list tv actress at best .

by Anonymousreply 316November 12, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote] you can see that she is purposely trying NOT to move her lips in the video

What she needs is one of these...to foil any lip readers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 12, 2018 5:17 PM

R317 - please don't give her any ideas. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 318November 12, 2018 5:27 PM

The plastered smile and the fiddling with her hair while talking the Prime Minister Theresa May. If May curtsied, it was either a feeble attempt that I missed or it didn't happen. Perhaps the bob of her head was her acknowledgement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319November 12, 2018 5:34 PM

Don't know why the video didn't work @R319. Hope this one does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320November 12, 2018 5:36 PM

Lip filler treatment.

When it comes to her precious looks, she doesn't give a fuck about her meal ticket.

by Anonymousreply 321November 12, 2018 5:36 PM

Harry married his father's first wife and Wills married his second.

by Anonymousreply 322November 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Nicely put, R322.

by Anonymousreply 323November 12, 2018 5:47 PM

Really, the answer is likely much simpler: you aren't supposed to talk during a solemn service and she was trying to talk to him without it being too obvious. Standard OP.

I'm fairly persuaded by now that the rest of the BRF was willing to give it a chance but that Sparkle showed her true colours too soon and the rest of them neither like nor trust her. They are savvy enough to know that those petty stories about Kate came from Meghan, and if the Tiara Gate story was true, the Queen and Charles and the Cambridges will have gotten an early bead on her, followed by the maternity coat stunt at Yuge's wedding.

Sparkle blew her opportunities early, because she can't help who she is. I am guessing that whilst the family will behave nicely to her in public, they can't stand her privately. And that will contribute to her isolating Harry further from his family. As I said in a long-ago post, this is typical of insecure narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 324November 12, 2018 6:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325November 12, 2018 6:20 PM

This poll isn't surprising, people are not very interested. They vote by habit.

by Anonymousreply 326November 12, 2018 6:24 PM

R325 meet R303.

by Anonymousreply 327November 12, 2018 6:36 PM

I read somewhere that when members of the BRF are doing a foreign tour, they--probably just the women--get a special clothing allowance from the Foreign Office. Has anyone else heard of that?

by Anonymousreply 328November 12, 2018 6:54 PM

What could explain Harry’s shabbiness, though? Where are the too-small jackets coming from? Is he borrowing clothing, too? And doesn’t he have someone on staff to schedule his haircuts and send holey shoes to be repaired? I would imagine that he’s got custom-made shoes and all one has to do is place an order...

by Anonymousreply 329November 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Yes, I've heard this too. R328

by Anonymousreply 330November 12, 2018 7:00 PM

I think Harry is either depressed or doesn't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 331November 12, 2018 7:04 PM

Except, R329, if your wife is insulting the staff, things that staff used to take care of automatically, will not get done.

It's called "Work-to-Rule".

According to the Cambridge Dictionary, Work-to-Rule is

[quote] a form of protest in which employees do exactly what is stated in their contracts, and nothing more, in order to slow down production :

and

THIS...

[quote]A work-to-rule is seen as a way to protest against low pay or bad working conditions.

by Anonymousreply 332November 12, 2018 7:04 PM

R325 - YouGov isn't always dead on but it is a professional polling agency and when its methods prove flawed, the agency goes to some lengths to correct them. They are often close.

Comparing a popularity poll by the DM to the work of YouGov is absurd. It's like saying a taxi driver is as able to take out your appendix as a trained surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 333November 12, 2018 7:05 PM

R333 The Daily Fail is citing YouGov so...

by Anonymousreply 334November 12, 2018 7:09 PM

If your staff like you and want you to look your best, they will tell you when your shoes need to be soled. Or they might actually take your shoes in to be soled without having to be told. I doubt Harry ever had to look at the soles of his shoes. They were just taken care of.

But now, they're not being taken care of.

Or staff will tell you that you are going out with tags hanging from your clothes or dirt on your shoes.

And then they don't. Not their job. Most people take care of their own tags and shoes.

It was sooooo obvious that that is what has been happening when Sparkle showed up with that tag handing from her dress.

Of course, staff saw it. And let it go. And enjoyed her ridiculous appearance.

Want to be a bitch as to how you treat staff - fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 335November 12, 2018 7:11 PM

R328 - According to my source if your job requires representation in the FO you'll get an allowance to cover clothing, male or female (although the allowance might have changed to a reimbursement system). Royals are performing representation so they will get an allowance, suspect their allowance is significantly larger than mere FO staff.

by Anonymousreply 336November 12, 2018 7:36 PM

With the gradual freezing out of all Harry's chums it makes you wonder, who the fuck they gonna ask to be godparents? JASSica, Serena Williams, the Clooneys??? What was it someone said upthread? "She has short-term savvy, but lacks long-term strategic vision."

by Anonymousreply 337November 12, 2018 7:45 PM

In her biography of Diana, Tina Brown said that Diana was a tactician, not a strategist. She could plot short-term but not long-term, which was part of her undoing with the Royal Family. She was always reacting on the spur-of-the-moment rather than taking the long view, and the Royals are all about the long view.

Meghan is doing the same thing, as the pregnancy coat revenge for the tiara loss shows. A strategist would have sucked it up and worn the very lovely tiara she was given without complaint, but a tactician takes a one-day revenge that will have years-long consequences.

by Anonymousreply 338November 12, 2018 7:47 PM

She lost a tiara?

by Anonymousreply 339November 12, 2018 7:55 PM

Read and learn, R339

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340November 12, 2018 7:56 PM

One of the Celebitches has proclaimed that Bean is suffering from morning sickness so severe [in her second trimester?] that the forcefulness of her vomiting has broken blood vessels in her face.

Bean, displaying a level of stoicism not seen since the Blitz, is bravely choosing to hide her horrific injuries under layers of caked-on bronzer in order that the populace might go on with day-to-day life rather than falling into abject despair. So selfless!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341November 12, 2018 8:00 PM

Of course, since Kate had severe morning sickness, Meghan must have the SEVEREST morning sickness.

by Anonymousreply 342November 12, 2018 8:02 PM

Good God. Bean may not vocalize hyperbole outright like the oval office cheetoh, but her sugars sure are willing to take up that baton on her behalf,--with her passive consent no doubt. It is exacly like trumpanzees who project their narrative of what is--really--meant when their idol says or does something. There is subtext there, they insist, that is profound!

by Anonymousreply 343November 12, 2018 8:14 PM

I just had a thought on the godparent angle. You don't suppose they would ask... the Obamas do you, for the social cache? It makes one wonder with the rumour recently put out that it was Michelle who supposedly "introduced" them and that the HazBeans will be attending an upcoming party with Barack and Michelle in attendance. To have the Obamas named as godparents to the Sussex baby(ies) would be quite the sensational coup de maître.

by Anonymousreply 344November 12, 2018 8:31 PM

"Little Duke and Duchess dolls."

The dolls look a lot better than they do.

by Anonymousreply 345November 12, 2018 8:35 PM

R344, it is entirely plausible that MM has the ballz to ask.

It’s not likely IMO that they’d ever accept. Michelle isn’t a fool.

by Anonymousreply 346November 12, 2018 8:36 PM

How about Godmother Oprah? Imagine the gifts.

by Anonymousreply 347November 12, 2018 8:40 PM

How the sugars would squee at the prospect. And rationalize of course that Harry and Michelle are obvs besties from way back, and naturally it became a bff threesome when Sparkle happened on the scene. Oh the glorious SJWs that is our precious Sussexes!

by Anonymousreply 348November 12, 2018 8:44 PM

R335, that sounds about right. Like Trump trailing toilet paper from his shoe.

Many years ago, I was an admin at an investment bank. I always had a Managing Director to cover, and the associates who worked under them. For the MDs who were respectful and appreciative (and they usually were), I bent over backwards and spoiled them in a million little ways. Sometimes the associates were entitled little pricks, and those guys received the bare minimum required. Since the MDs were first priority, their requests always took a back seat.

Always treat support staff with respect and courtesy. The security guards, drivers, cleaners, etc. The “little people” have networks and know everything. They can save your ass or fuck it UP.

by Anonymousreply 349November 12, 2018 8:46 PM

Don't know where this one came from, but the internet doesn't want us to forget it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350November 12, 2018 8:54 PM

Truth r349. I make a point of being first name terms with security, cleaners, mailroom staff etc., these are people who can make your life a bed of roses or a living hell. Remember their names, interests, families, ask after their mom when she’s ill. You will never go wrong.

by Anonymousreply 351November 12, 2018 8:54 PM

Harry, being as unintelligent, immature and bitter as he is, was always going to be a man made by his choice of wife. He couldn’t have made a poorer choice than this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 352November 12, 2018 8:57 PM

Of course the simplest approach is to treat everybody well, from cleaner to C Suite. And to do this because it’s the right thing to do, not because of what they can or cannot do for you.

by Anonymousreply 353November 12, 2018 9:01 PM

R333 - I did ask first if anyone knew if this was a DM poll or a YouGov poll. Granted, should have checked myself.

And I did say IF, and that the poll reflected pretty much the findings of the past, except for the addition of Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 354November 12, 2018 9:02 PM

R352 made me LOL but it’s true. A good wife is truly an asset and a bad one is a liability.

by Anonymousreply 355November 12, 2018 9:02 PM

At least TRY to treat the Help well, Megsy. If you don't they just might flounce off with bad gossip about you and stories in the newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 356November 12, 2018 9:05 PM

R353, I didn’t particularly care WHY the MDs were being respectful and appreciative; whether they wanted better service from me or because they were genuinely nice people. I just appreciated that they did.

But I see your point.

by Anonymousreply 357November 12, 2018 9:08 PM

Oh and I want to point out again that Meghan was wearing a French designer to honor Britain’s fallen.

Don’t tell me that was a mere oversight.

by Anonymousreply 358November 12, 2018 9:10 PM

I call bullshit on the tiara story. That kind of stuff is already decided by courtiers, she didn’t have the ability to demand anything from The Queen’s vaults. There is a pool of tiaras that aren’t exclusively for The Queen’s use, and that are deemed appropriate for the occasion, and those were what Meghan was allowed to pick from.

by Anonymousreply 359November 12, 2018 9:12 PM

So the Meagain likes to "hug" staff because she's American rumors were just more spin or is she actually the type of evil who hurts people and then wants to fake hug.

by Anonymousreply 360November 12, 2018 9:12 PM

yougov.com is bogus in politics, what makes it reliable with royals? Don't believe Harry was ever the most popular. That's PR and image rehab by the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 361November 12, 2018 9:13 PM

The problem with Meghan is Harry. While I agree a wife would have always made or broken Harry, it's a Catch-22 in that he's not the sort of man where any woman who could "make him" would want him. Lots of people who dislike Meghan, and I am heartily with them, differ from me about Harry. They dream of him marrying some paragon. Educated, intelligent, genuine, natural good looks, maternal, family oriented, respectful. What would such a woman want with Harry? They don't get it. He kept going down the ranks until he was fishing in the celebrity pool, but even the big celebrities didn't want him. So it was Soho hostesses and the likes of Meghan Markle. The pot fell and found its lid, as they say. They are alike.

by Anonymousreply 362November 12, 2018 9:17 PM

I posted the Meghan mugshot. To clarify - and looking at it again, I think the head is from the Invictus games 2016, when she was high as fuck. The head is pasted on a different body to make it look mug-shotty.

by Anonymousreply 363November 12, 2018 9:19 PM

I don't know who this expert is but I quite like that Kate is seen and not heard. We really don't need to hear from Kate. I hear far too much from Sparkle as it is, lording it over everyone as if she was an A-list talent or self made billionaire rather than a Zlist actress who only managed one small recurring role on a cable show nobody watched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364November 12, 2018 9:23 PM

"I call bullshit on the tiara story."

I don't. Obviously there was a tiara (or tiaras) with emeralds available to be loaned out to weddings because Eugenie wore one at her wedding. And I think it's perfectly plausible that Nutmeg may have wanted a tiara with emeralds because she thought it would add needed glamour to her "minimalist" wedding gown. I also think she wanted a veil (not really suitable for a second wedding) because she knew it would make a dramatic moment when Harry lifts the veil from her face. I also believe that the boorish Harry said something like "What Meagan wants, Meagan gets!" He's such an idiot. I think both Nutmeg and her dumb cluck of a husband both acted like cunts. I'm glad the Queen finally told them what was what and "put Harry in his place", as one report said.

by Anonymousreply 365November 12, 2018 9:24 PM

R333 I didn't compare a YouGov poll to a DM poll so I'm not sure where you're getting that. Also YouGov only surveys online which automatically makes its methodology flawed in a way that can't be "corrected".

by Anonymousreply 366November 12, 2018 9:25 PM

R359 your theory of a “pool” is nonsense. The queen personally owns many tiaras, the state jewels are separate. Her personal jewels are not just up for grabs, she loans them out long term. You don’t get to go into a showroom and pick, the Queen - and NOT courtiers- decides what she will loan. I don’t doubt for a moment that Markle researched what she wanted and was angry when she was instead given a choice of a few that the queen thought suitable for her position.

by Anonymousreply 367November 12, 2018 9:32 PM

I love this so much. Captured on video the EXACT moment Meghan looks over to the balcony containing Kate, Camilla and the Queen and realizes she's always going to be put in a corner as an outsider and the wife of the measly sixth in line. You can see it in her eyes that it has finally dawned on her that she's not the "star" of the family and is now trapped in a life where her existence is irrelevant and will get more so as time goes on and Kate moves further up in the BRF.

This isn't what she signed up for and she has now realized it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368November 12, 2018 9:50 PM

I agree, R368. And it's only going to get worse, because there will be as many low prestige tasks - youth centres, senior care homes, Tesco openings - as walkabouts and gala events. To someone from California, the rain and grey skies of Britain will be hard to fight. What will she do? Bolt on her own? Take Harry with her? Or adapt to her less than glittering new life?

by Anonymousreply 369November 12, 2018 10:00 PM

If she could research an emerald tiara, how sad that she couldn't research the way the line of succession works, which would have told her that her position would only become more irrelevant as time went on. If she signed on for something she didn't understand, it's her own fault.

by Anonymousreply 370November 12, 2018 10:02 PM

Her face is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 371November 12, 2018 10:05 PM

Haha, r368. That she is looking over to confirm her placement makes me wonder if she had contact with rest of the royals beforehand. I just envision some aide hustling her and the German first lady out onto their separate balcony without letting Meghan get a word in edgewise. "But where are the rest of-", as the door slams shut behind her.

by Anonymousreply 372November 12, 2018 10:05 PM

Lol, R372

by Anonymousreply 373November 12, 2018 10:10 PM

What is with the duck lips at r373? She looks like she can barely move her mouth to sing.

by Anonymousreply 374November 12, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote]This isn't what she signed up for and she has now realized it.

Within the photograph I have vigilantly reproduced in the hinter wastelands bottomwards of this text, my tactile visage is displaying an acted emotion known to those unfortunates afflicted with such as "worry." The selfsame acted emotion shall now make itself known anew upon perusal of subject R368's unkind logorrhea.

And, if the truths self-evident are to be betold, I CHOSE TO STAND THERE!

#ChooseKindness

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375November 12, 2018 10:15 PM

It is actually rather sad. She had a lot of promise, and perhaps she still does. When she dressed herself, or wore her Suits era clothes, she looked attractive, American, and alive. Harry will always be more interesting than Wills, if he and Meghan really did some work raising awareness of need in the Commonwealth and working to make positive change where it is really needed (not luxury touring Oceania) they could be quite interesting and perhaps more glamorous than the Cambridges. She needs to stop looking like the marriage was about the chance to wear expensive clothes, tiaras and "be royalty." If she could bring some American energy to this: "I love this guy, and together we're going to do some amazing work to benefit those in need and respectfully start modernizing the BRF," she could go quite far. I get the sense that was what Harry wanted, what Meghan seemed to promise tacitly, but somewhere along the way she got lost and he is not the one to lead her back.

by Anonymousreply 376November 12, 2018 10:22 PM

I read on one of the anti-Meg Insta pages that she and Harry were sat down after the Australia tour and dressed down for their behavior. She alleged turned on the waterworks and tried to claim her bad work was because she was pregnant and Harry was over her fake tears. Then the tiara story leaked and she blamed "fucking Mel" for bering a spy (her assistant) and it got back to Melissa who had enough and told Harry she was quitting. Harry begged her to stay but on her way out the door Melissa told him that Meg was a "monster" who was ruining the monarchy and all of the history that comes with it.

Apparently it was a come to Jesus moment for Harry. After the aide quite, Meghan was then told that her public appearance scheudule would be pared down to next to nothing which made her even more furious. She claimed "this wasn't what I signed up for" and complained she felt like "Rapunzel trapped in a castle" about her locked down existence that would be looming following the Remembrance Day weekend events. Harry reportedly has had a heart to heart with William, knowing he made a major mistake and is looking at ways to get out of things. Of course he can't with a pregnant wife, but he knows he fucked up and wants out. Meghan doesn't want to fit in with the BRF, learn protocol or history and it's never going to change.

Take for it what you will. But it would explain her wearing a sleeveless skin-baring dress to the Festival of Remembrance Saturday when everyone else was covered up was a sign she's pissed and acting out. Even though she hilariously was seated SO far in the back (and Harry reportedly had to switch places as she complained that her seat made her so hidden, which is why he was barely visible). The Queen has officially put her on a pretty permanent time out and it was so obvious all weekend. Even the way she tried to chat up Harry during the service at the Abbey last night where he was ignoring her and having none of it.

Megsy is trapped. The Queen has made it VERY known that she is not essential to the family with the separate balcony at the Cenotaph and the poor seating at the festival. And the BRF members made it a point to barely interact with her or acknowledge Megs' presence all weekend. She was the STAR of her royal tour down under but now she's low hanging fruit on the royal tree and none of the BRF wants anything to do with her. She fucked up big time in her maternity coat at Eugenie's wedding and breaking her pregnancy news as her tour started, making every appearance AL:L ABOUT HER. The queen noticed all of her willful errors and she is not amused.

Finally Lillibet has put her in her place. And Meghan's not getting out of it. Will be interesting to see when her next public appearance is to see if this report is true. I bet we don't see her until Sandringham at church over Xmas then after the baby is born. She's going to get ghosted by the BRF like she's ghosted everyone else in her life. Which makes her completely alone and trapped.

This is going to get SO good!

by Anonymousreply 377November 12, 2018 10:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378November 12, 2018 10:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379November 12, 2018 10:27 PM

These threads are hilarious.

While I certainly don’t doubt that Meghan considers this to be her biggest acting role, even she is not stupid enough to demand the Queen give her a particular tiara for her wedding. She is good at kissing-ass and there’s no higher ass to kiss than the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 380November 12, 2018 10:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381November 12, 2018 10:41 PM

R359 - I doubt that courtiers would have the temerity to go around the Queen and tell a royal bride which tiaras she can consider or not. These are the Queen's personal possessions - as I said in another comment, it would be tantamount to taking Meghan into the Queen's dressing room and directing her to take a fur coat from among the ones hung on the left side.

The story makes complete sense and went straight down the line from HM to Charles and then circulated amongst the family. Prince Andrew is the likely culprit of leaking it and the TIMES wouldn't have run with it if it didn't know the source was impeccable.

This is a personal moment between the Queen and the next royal bride. No courtier would handle this.

by Anonymousreply 382November 12, 2018 10:45 PM

This article seems to support that story, r377, at least the part about her appearances being reduced. It's seems like her PR providing an alibi for her impending disappearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383November 12, 2018 10:46 PM

If Harry is pissed off at her, then why is he still holding her hand in public? It would be so delicious if he did the Melania hand swat right in front of the cameras! He should!

by Anonymousreply 384November 12, 2018 10:52 PM

The pregnancy also gives both Meghan and the RF leave to kick the patronages question down the road, should it be asked. Ol' "hit the ground running" Megs should have some patronages announced around now. Perhaps they will use her maternity leave for the same purpose, in hopes that she will be gone by the time they have no more excuses.

by Anonymousreply 385November 12, 2018 10:56 PM

Harry has to hold her hand because she keeps wearing her 6in hooker heels. Imagine the pity her PR could flame up against Harry if she fell.

by Anonymousreply 386November 12, 2018 10:59 PM

R384 it was obvious in photos she was constantly reaching for Harry's hand, almost grabbing at it. He didn't initiate the hand holding. He can't swat her away as that would be unroyal. Melania can get away with it cause her husband is a known douchebag. Harry can't swat away his pregnant wife's hand in at a very public event. Would be too much drama and they've already caused enough for the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 387November 12, 2018 11:01 PM

If that story is true, Christmas at Sandringham has got to be a nightmare for MM. If your spouse's family hates you, you can generally ditch family events, but not here....

by Anonymousreply 388November 12, 2018 11:06 PM

Her face is lopsided. There's something extra and funky going on with the right side of her face (our left).

I believe she's only 37, but this shit is aging.

by Anonymousreply 389November 12, 2018 11:18 PM

Meghan will do the Xmas walk then be sent back from whence she came to celebrate xmas at Soho Farmhouse. She's not going to be haunting Sandringham.

by Anonymousreply 390November 12, 2018 11:19 PM

Stop it, Harry had his hand on her inner thigh on the boat, he had his hand in her lap on the beach, he was showboating as much as she was. They were reality show-ing their asses off, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 391November 12, 2018 11:26 PM

Meghan is NOT good at kissing ass, if she were, she wouldn't treat most people like shit. Good ass kissers are smarter than that. She would have worked more than bit parts and the one contract role on Suits. She's a narc, and narc's truly think they know better than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 392November 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Tiaragate happened right after the “leaked” story that Doria got invited to Sandringham for Christmas and the Middletons had *never* been invited. It’s so obviously bullshit - Wills & Kate have their own house on the estate, her parents would stay there so no need for a separate invite - I think this is a warning shot across the Markle bows.

Don’t tell lies about who gets invited where, don’t try to do down the family of the future queen, don’t try to upstage a real princess. Whether she will see the writing on the wall is another matter, I think she’s cunning but not clever.

by Anonymousreply 393November 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Not just Tiaragate - the stories that she's an incredible bitch. Following on the heels of reports from the tour that she's an incredible bitch. It's like the palace saying, well now that you mention it - us too.

But it shows the weakness of the royals. If one of their own is a fucking mess, like Harry, there is nothing to be done about it. Just smother him in titles and honours, which is offensive, really. And then have better behaved royals like Will, Kate and Charles "mind" him, have him piggyback onto their ventures and use him as a mascot. Invent a thing for him (Invictus). But then he shows his true self by bringing home a mini thug and grifter as a wife, someone bound and determined to dirty up every member of the BRF she perceives as competitive (read, Kate, Kate's kids). What do the royals do? Nothing. Betty is weak.

by Anonymousreply 394November 12, 2018 11:36 PM

R377 - That isn't going to be sooooo good because that isn't going to happen at all. I don't know where you read that but whoever put it up there is writing fiction based on wishful thinking. Not least because if any of those things had happened, no one would have known about it. Tiara Gate may have gone the family rounds, but this wouldn't have gotten out the front gate.

It's clear that the Sussexes had a bad PR week and that some sort of reigning in and reminding of hierarchical place occurred, but beyond that, we know nothing and all you may expect is a retreat and retooling by Meghan and Harry. Meghan has no intention of going anywhere and Harry has made this bed and he's going to have to sleep in it for a good long while.

As for courtiers doing the tiara selection with Meghan, she herself wrote of the experience of selecting a tiara with the Queen, calling the day "surreal". Harry reportedly was there although, he said, "I probably shouldn't have been."

So unless Meghan was again making up fables about the Queen that she blithely figure HM would never publicly contradict, which I doubt very much as this does seem to be a rather sweet personal ritual that HM carries out with incoming royal brides, a form of welcoming them into the family, the Tiara Gate story is probably quite true.

So Meghan's blotted her copybook quickly and thoroughly - threatened the British press before the engagement ring was on her finger, ditto the Vanity Fair article, then nasty stories about Kate and William and their kids through Lainey, then Tiara Gate, then the maternity coat stunt at Eugenie's wedding and thereby pissing off the Queen's and insulting her granddaughter, and then a less than stellar performance Down Under.

A retreat is in order with a carefully recalibrated return.

Next appearance isn't Sandringham at Christmas, but Charles's birthday bash on Wednesday - Sparkle will finally feel in her element, amidst the glitterati and European royal guests.

by Anonymousreply 395November 12, 2018 11:42 PM

It WILL be interesting to see if her engagements are curtailed. The story is she got so many engagements prior to the wedding because she wanted to merch her ass off. Given that she's supposedly in debt, and given that Harry doesn't want to be stuck with her bills, there was a tacit green light. But, if she's sidelined, no merching, and no earning, and no debt repayment.

by Anonymousreply 396November 12, 2018 11:44 PM

"mini thug." Calling her badly dressed, a social climber, out her league, z-list and untalented is fair game. But thug? Really? What makes her more thuggish than the rest of the royals? Careful now, your racism is showing.

by Anonymousreply 397November 12, 2018 11:47 PM

The racism is showing everybody, or haven’t you noticed? Look where we are now, people here are actually praising potato faced Eugénie York for her understated beauty.

by Anonymousreply 398November 12, 2018 11:55 PM

R396 - She got so many engagements prior to the wedding to introduce her to the British public. She had no choice in the matter. Kate and William dated for eight years and she'd been on magazine covers and a topic of speculation for years. Kate is also English. People who didn't watch that sort of television hadn't a clue who Meghan Markle was, and she's American. So they started out with a couple of places in England, then went to Edinburgh and then Cardiff and eventually to NI. In spring before the wedding, of course, they had the Stephen Lawrence memorial, the Manchester concert attack memorial . . . stuff like that so she got exposure across the country and people got used to seeing her attached to Harry as he carried out his duties.

Merching had nothing to do with it.

It took awhile for Kate to announce patronages. They usually give newcomers time to get acclimated and figure out what works best with their obvious bents.

The rest however, I haven't much doubt about.

by Anonymousreply 399November 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Excuse me, but who were the 2 people on the left side balcony on Remembrance Day?

We saw Camilla, the Queen and Kate in the middle.

Sparkle and the German First Lady on the right.

But a wider shot showed 2 people on the left balcony. One was a man (in uniform, I think).

by Anonymousreply 400November 12, 2018 11:59 PM

Harry is an asshole and was playing up the pda up until the last few days of the tour. He must of thought there would be no consequences. Given his change of demeanor and his barely-concealed annoyance with her, something or someone finally made him realize she is a liability. Whatever his feelings for her, I bet he loves his title and all that comes with it more.

by Anonymousreply 401November 13, 2018 12:01 AM

R398 - Actually, many of us well before now have noted that Eugenie IS quite pretty, but doesn't know how to showcase it. She has her father's and great-grandmother's Celtic colouring (dark hair and blue eyes) and beautiful skin. But like her sister, she has taste up her arse, and her plumpness keeps her from making the most of her petite look.

But her basic decent material has been noted before.

by Anonymousreply 402November 13, 2018 12:06 AM

R401 - What barely concealed annoyance with her? You have no idea what he's thinking from his expression in one of thousands of photos taken at any given moment. He could be tired and unhappy that things aren't going better, he could be blaming the family, or he could have gas and really need to fart.

I'm happy to bash Meghan and Harry for the stuff that seems relatively evident

But as they say on Law and Order, re your comment about how Harry feels toward Meghan, "Objection! Calls for speculation!"

by Anonymousreply 403November 13, 2018 12:10 AM

ANYONE credulous enough to cite, "She herself said" about anything that comes out of Smegs' mouth, even a single syllable, is too ridiiculous to be considered.

Meghan and Harry have been kicked out of Kensington and folded in with the lesser royals. That is more than, "pulling back."

by Anonymousreply 404November 13, 2018 12:20 AM

R377, can you give a link?

by Anonymousreply 405November 13, 2018 12:21 AM

R278, there can be a real baby, does not mean she is carrying it. It could be her egg and his sperm in a surrogate. Although, a short woman I knew also looked like she was carrying in her ass, so she could in fact, be up the duff. Time will tell. I agree that there is a baby, just not 100% convinced it is in her uterus.

by Anonymousreply 406November 13, 2018 12:24 AM

For those who believe in this fake pregnancy or surrogate story, exactly who is in on this scam? Is M pretending to be pregnant and fooling , H, the entire royal family, their doctors and the public? Is it M and H in on the scam together and fooling everyone else including the doctors and the queen? Is HM in on the scam with the Sussexes? I'm trying to understand how this would work and why HM would agree to pretend that M is pregnant if she's not.

by Anonymousreply 407November 13, 2018 12:33 AM

She wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 408November 13, 2018 12:37 AM

R404 - And anyone who thinks she would completely fabricate an event like this with the Queen, the head of the family, is too ridiculous. The story of her description of choosing the tiara with the Queen was carried by all the papers. if it hadn't happened, the Queen and Charles would have broken ranks with Harry and denied her story, by then so appalled at her dishonesty that they no longer would have cared what they did to the Sussex marriage.

Courtiers would have leaked it if the story was false - it would have been telling a lie about the Queen, which no one in the family would have tolerated. NO ONE contradicted that story that Meghan met with the Queen to select a tiara. That's why Tiara Gate has legs - Meghan was stupid enough to humble-brag about meeting the Queen to select the tiara. If you think there aren't courtiers who wouldn't have leaked that she was lying to the DM, think again. Harry confirmed that he went with her.

If that story had been a lie, Harry would either already be meeting with divorce solicitors or drawing up papers officially renouncing his place in the line of succession so he and Meghan could go live quietly in L.A.

No one tells an outright lie about meeting with the Queen and gets away with it.

by Anonymousreply 409November 13, 2018 12:38 AM

I'm not 100% convinced it's in her uterus either. And if it is in her actual uterus, I am 100% convinced she is amplifying tihngs with wardrobe and padding, while the media scramble to cover for why her size goes up and down.

My own opinion, based on observation plus comments from alleged insiders during the tour, as well as alleged insiders whose forecasts and "heads ups" have come to pass, is Harry didn't intend to marry Markle but didn't stop the flow of events - so he let it happen. That Harry doesn't really want the life William has, just the appearance of it. Markle was instant - gratification in terms of appearances, where as Kate and Will built what they have over years. That he, of course, would prefer it if she were crushing it as a royal, as he certainly seemed to expect that she would at first. It seems impossible now that he hasn't noticed she sucks, is unteachable, doesn't care, and will flout protocol and fuck all, as well as consistently undermine his brother's family via her PR. But he's all tired up in sunk cost fallacy and blames everyone else for his predicament, as a self-pitying asshole like Harry is wont to do.

Oh for Christ's sake R407, the queen barely knows Markle. The announcement only happened because it was about to break. Do you really think HM has looked up Markle's uterus, or Meghan and Harry are cross my heart, hope to die with the queen? That they don't lie to her. They announced they were pregnant, Harry is down the line and not important, no royal OBGYN is going to go up Meg's vag to be sure it's Harry's get, or even to be sure there's a get IN there. So basically, as far as the queen is concerned, the ginger grandkid says his wife is pregnant, the queen isn't going to demand fucking PROOF.

Sugars are too fucking much. On the one hand, they think Meghan is in a position to dictate to the rest of the family, tell them how it is, how much money she requires, where she'll sit, and the royal family including the queen are all, whatever you say, my leige. But OTOH, sugars think when Megsy says she's pregnant, a team of royal uterus inspectors is dispatched to be sure it's true. The queen doesn't know if a pillow is up there any more than we do. When Harry and Meghan present the queen with a blonde baby or ANY kind of spawn, the queen will throw a bunch of titles on it without questioning where the kid came from. The BRF is proving rather like Trump and the law. It only works if other people agree to respect it. Protocol and rules and such only work if BRF play along. If they CARE if the queen is displeased. If they are "Tough shit, queen, BE displeased" apparently the options are limited, as the queen is about maintaining front above all else. I, personally, think she should fin another strategy.

by Anonymousreply 410November 13, 2018 12:41 AM

The same people who believe this if a fake pregnancy are guaranteed to be P*zzagate conspiracy lunes.

I smell your shoes from here.

by Anonymousreply 411November 13, 2018 12:41 AM

Please, Megs lies all the time and gets away with it. What the hell do you think the queen will do? Call her out in public?

She's been married only six months and already demoted. Whatever queenie does to her - IF ANYTHING - will not be in public, so your theorizing is stupid. We won't know if she "got away with it" or not.

by Anonymousreply 412November 13, 2018 12:42 AM

[quote] If she could bring some American energy to this: "I love this guy, and together we're going to do some amazing work to benefit those in need and respectfully start modernizing the BRF," she could go quite far.

SPARKLES only married Dimwit to enhance her social status, public profile and gain a life of total ease, luxury, comfort and being waited upon. "Love?"

As far as the her wan look on the balcony, I think the hurried hustle onto the small balcony with a stranger was probably not what Sparkles expected. She was trying to see Kate and the Queen but her line of sight would have been obscured. Therefore, she was effectively staring into space, feeling isolated and wanted to be with them. Not the German frau. MM also could have felt that the crowds were looking over at the other balcony and not so much at her own "razzle dazzle" balcony.

Markle is not comfortable in her own skin, deeply insecure, emotionally dependent, and lacks natural poise. Given that's she's a 37 year old, doubt much will change on that front. Harry has his hands full.

by Anonymousreply 413November 13, 2018 12:44 AM

"SohoBébé" is my new favourite word

by Anonymousreply 414November 13, 2018 12:46 AM

"SohoSprog" is my new favourite word.

by Anonymousreply 415November 13, 2018 12:54 AM

Making the BRF celebrity driven is not the way to modernize it.

by Anonymousreply 416November 13, 2018 12:57 AM

As much as I hold Markle in contempt for her fakery and shallowness and all round continues I don’t believe for a moment the pregnancy is false or surrogate. There is literally nothing to be gained from such chicanery and everything to lose. Yes, she needs a SohoBébé to secure her stranglehold on Harry but it wasn’t required with quite such alacrity that necessitated murky maternal manoeuvres.

by Anonymousreply 417November 13, 2018 1:06 AM

[quote]Markle is not comfortable in her own skin, deeply insecure, emotionally dependent, and lacks natural poise.

But she is mature-ish. It says so right on her t-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418November 13, 2018 1:09 AM

The only reason they would have used a surrogate is if they knew Meghan had a fertility problem. And if they had had to resort to a surrogate, they would never have been able to hide it, they would have had to disclose it because of the potential legal complications, amongst which would be blackmail - the other is losing the child. Look up surrogacy rights in the UK: the woman who gives birth to the child is considered to be the mother even if she and the child are not genetically related. Parenthood can be transferred by adoption or parental order. Normally, adoptees, by the way, are excluded from the line of succession. The legal headaches involved in the non-genetic mother either changing her mind and claiming the child, or transferring parenthood of his own child to Harry by adoption and then Harry having to prove the child is so it still has a place in the line of succession, are ridiculous to contemplate.

And, it it illegal in the UK to pay a surrogate for anything more than her reasonable medical expenses.

Thus, using a surrogate but pretending to be pregnant is nearly the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

Sparkle has too much to risk to embark on so foolish a strategy - for what, to keep her figure?!

Give it up. There's plenty to criticise about both of them without asserting shit like thigh pads and graduated fake bumps and surrogates, or that she completely fabricated a tale of meeting the Queen to go over tiara selection (the Queen isn't that "weak" and she'd exact consequences for a completely false story about herself), or that Harry talked to William and admitted he'd made a mistake and he wants out . . .

I don't mind a bit of fun and I'm gratified to see my early opinion of Sparkle as a Class One narcissist grifter without a clue about her new environs, but really - some of this stuff is right out of Marvel Studio.

by Anonymousreply 419November 13, 2018 1:14 AM

I don't know about "uterus inspectors" but since the pregnancy announcement was done officially by Kensington Palace and not just some personal info leaked by M , then the royal family is giving the pregnancy credibility. I think HM and PC would want some proof before going out on a limb like that. The royal family has had a bit of experience with false pregnancies (I'm looking at you, Mary Tudor).

by Anonymousreply 420November 13, 2018 1:15 AM

R420 - To be fair to Bloody Mary - she had uterine cancer, I believe, and really thought she was pregnant. She did blow up and her menstrual cycle did stop - just not for the reasons she hoped.

by Anonymousreply 421November 13, 2018 1:18 AM

This is a good laugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422November 13, 2018 1:27 AM

Didn't know that about Mary Tudor. That's another good reason to confirm there's an actual pregnancy and not some other reason for M's growth. The royals would probably confirm a pregnancy with their own doctors and not just take M and H's word for it.

by Anonymousreply 423November 13, 2018 1:29 AM

Mary Tudor’s belly was full of tumors, she finally accepted she wasn’t pregnant after her tenth month and by then she was dying. She died a terrible painful death.

by Anonymousreply 424November 13, 2018 1:41 AM

R417, what the hell are you talking about? The "literally" something she has to gain is a baby that will anchor her to Harry's wallet.

She has nothing to lose. Even if it realized the whole thing is B.S. the BRF would bury, not announce, a scam like this. They're the ones who let her in.

by Anonymousreply 425November 13, 2018 1:43 AM

R425 I didn’t say she didn’t need a baby I said there was nothing to gain by chicanery.

by Anonymousreply 426November 13, 2018 1:49 AM

If she is not really pregnant, the royal family is in on it. There is no way in hell, even in this day and age, that Meghan can fool the Queen in this way and get away with it

by Anonymousreply 427November 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Okay I know Enty's blinds are to be read with a grain of salt and not to be taken remotely as gospel; but this is a fun one nonetheless:

Apparently the diva behavior on a recent trip was nothing compared to the verbally abusive thrashing the employee took on that trip when things were not perfect. The employee threatened to sure because of how bad the abuse was which would have become public. The employee instead was given a check and an apology by the in laws of the former actress turned abuser.

by Anonymousreply 428November 13, 2018 2:26 AM

R427, YES SHE CAN. She doesn't live with the queen. She is isolated. The queen isn't checking on her. I'm sure if it's truly fake word will reach the queen but I am positive there is nothing the queen is willing to do about it but pretend all is fine. It's not like the kid is getting on the throne. I'm sure the BRF wobbled once in awhile as to whether Harry was actually Charles' (apparently the answer is yes, timeline and I think even a rumored DNA test proved it), but he was still prince-d and bestowed and the rest despite whatever uncertainty. More to the point, the BRF damn well can get away with knowing about it and keeping it to themselves. I think what you're really saying is the BRF would make it public if she were faking? The hell they would.

My personal take is there is a baby in there but it is buried behind layers of padding and other wardrobe-y bullshit as Meghan tries to play fecund Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 429November 13, 2018 2:29 AM

R428 I have to pull posts from a couple of people, including the wife of a man who worked at Admirality House during the recent tour. The report was Markle was the rudest, downright meanest bitch many of them had ever encountered and things were icy between the couple when the cameras were off. Harry frequently apologized for her while appearing stressed.

It's so funny in the age of media that the still shot trumps the video. There is so much video of them where you can see the posing for the still shot - on, off, on, off - no micro expressions or shorthand between people with actual intimacy and history. But as long as the still pictures support the narrative the subjects want told, video is ignored.

by Anonymousreply 430November 13, 2018 2:31 AM

Other comments on DM are speculating she's more like 6 months pregnant r429.

by Anonymousreply 431November 13, 2018 2:32 AM

PS, a caveat - I'll believe there's a baby in there provided Miss Smegs stops the injectables and botox pretty damn soon - she had a fresh face full on the baclony. And provided something other than her padded ass, boobs and stomach show signs of pregnancy. Her hair should be getting fuller, her fingers and ankles should start showing some swelling. Particularly at the accelerated rate she wants us to believe her midsection is growing.

by Anonymousreply 432November 13, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote]Harry has his hands full.

And since his head is apparently empty (the one at the end of his neck), he's doomed. Or whipped.

So I think Meagain is the worst thing to happen to the Royal Family since the death of deference but two things I don't believe: one, they got a talking to after Australia (though God knows they should have.). It was hands intertwined at Westminster Abbey and the Queen was there. I think Harry is deferential to Granny. She's been a good sport about Invictus. If Granny laid down the law, Harry would follow the law. (Though I do believe the Queen and tiara gate.) The second thing I don't believe is the bad behaviour at Admiralty House. No way a husband and wife would have leaked that much about their identity. How many husband and wife teams work at the same place? Somebody made the up for a willing internet.

I also believe she's pregnant and she's going to get really fat. I think Pa Markle gave her more than just an education. I think he gave her bad genetics in the fat gut and fat ass department.

by Anonymousreply 433November 13, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]I also believe she's pregnant and she's going to get really fat.

With the bird legs, she'll look like Chris Christie standing on toothpicks at 9 months.

by Anonymousreply 434November 13, 2018 2:48 AM

Now that Tiaragate is dying down I pretty certain what happened can be pieced together. I think Megs was presented a selection that included the Queen Mary diamond bandeau, which she eventually wore to good effect. But I think her 1st choice might have been the long-MIA Marie Feodorovna sapphire bandeau, very similar to the diamond bandeau and last seen on Princess Margaret in the 60s. This piece as a large sapphire at it's center that's removable as a brooch and could be replaced by say, an emerald.

I'm guessing Megs chose this one a few months before the wedding. Come mid-March there are the terrible Skirpal poisonings, and all the UK is up in arms in anti-Russian sentiment. QEII, sensing some controversy with this tiara choice, takes it back and asks H & M to accept a second choice (the diamond bandeau). Megs is upset, so is Haz who is already nervous gets very tempermental about it. Gran calls him to meet about his attitude and the "Meghan will get what she's given" meme is born.

Fwiw I think it was Harry causing most of the upset; Meghan imo wouldn't be so foolish as to make that many waves before the ink is dry on the marriage certificate.

The Feodorovna bandeau DOES have a questionable provenance; it's thought to have been brought out of Russia by one of the exiled Grand Duchesses or her daughter, and purchased by Queen Mary at a fraction of its worth. This piece is small and modest enough to be the type presented by QEII to her granddaughters and g-daughters-in-law - Kate had the smallish Cartier Halo as an example. It also fits the narrative by Wooten and Val Low at the Times re a tiara being taken back due to 'potential Russian provenance'. The emerald detail may be a mistake or red herring, or perhaps was offered with the idea of an emerald replacing the sapphire center. Either way the idea of the Queen becoming nervous re public feeling re Russia and what amounted to them murdering on UK soil would be enough at that time for her to probably rescind her offer.

I don't think Eugenie's choice had anything to do here, although perhaps Meghan requested that bandeau as a 2nd choice only to be told it had by then already been chosen by Euge - further inflaming Haz and causing a tantrum. Either way her final choice - the Queen Mary diamond bandeau - worked out well for her imo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435November 13, 2018 3:54 AM

More on the sapphire bandeau:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 13, 2018 3:54 AM

I read about this on Saturday in the DM comments but this is the first time I've seen the video as the U.S. didn't have it televised. During the Festival of Remembrance, a parade of bereaved entered Royal Albert Hall -- all relatives who have lost someone to war in behalf of service to the U.K. EVERYONE clapped in applause and support, many cried, yet Meghan just stood there cupping her belly the whole time with a smirk on her face. She is a SOCIOPATH!!! She's a member of Britain's Royal Family and couldn't be bothered to take attention of her baby bump to recognize those who lost loved ones fighting to support the country she now represents.

She is VILE!!! She wore an incredibly inappropriate outfit, baring her shoulders and arms while everyone else was dressed conservatively for a solemn occasion. Then acted out when placed away from Senior royals. So ME ME ME belly cupped, smirked and didn't applaud those who lost loved ones battling for Britain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437November 13, 2018 6:58 AM

That was a disgrace, R437. I'm posting again because this thread was already up and running when I posted it in #21. The white arrow is not that noticeable against the white background, but there are four pages to swipe through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438November 13, 2018 7:22 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439November 13, 2018 7:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440November 13, 2018 7:32 AM

I liked the Queen Mary diamant bandeau very well . I also liked Eugenies bandeau . Very fond of Art Nouveau .

by Anonymousreply 441November 13, 2018 8:07 AM

Sorry must be Art Deco

by Anonymousreply 442November 13, 2018 8:13 AM

Meghan's face when she longingly looked over at the other balcony was priceless. I should be THERE, not HERE! Don't they know who I am?? This bitch is about to get butt fucked by reality, and no lube in sight.

by Anonymousreply 443November 13, 2018 8:19 AM

What's amazing is that her truly awful behavior all weekend usurped the fact that once again, she ignored British designers on a weekend that was all about recognizing the UK and all of the sacrifices. Wore Givenchy and Prada while Kate wore British brands and recycled her green Catherine Walker coat. She wore a bad Stella McCartney coat while entering the Remembrance Festival for paparazzi but took it off to show her black sleeveless French cocktail dress she wore during the televised event.

Then wearing Italian Prada to the ceremony at Westminster Abbey where the rest of the royal women were in British brands. And it was a horrid outfit, that navy blue top with the poorly placed belt to make her bump appear larger and those awful double buttons. Meghan has NO fashion sense whatsoever and gave the British design houses a big middle finger on a weekend devoted to the U.K and it's sacrifices.

by Anonymousreply 444November 13, 2018 8:21 AM

I agree with you r441 / r442, I love both of those modest but beautiful Art Deco tiaras. Kate's tiara was beautiful but even smaller. I remember reading at the time that Kate wanted to wear flowers in her hair instead of a tiara but she was told in no uncertain terms that as future Queen Consort, she would wear a tiara. Don't know whether that's actually true.

by Anonymousreply 445November 13, 2018 8:31 AM

Can't wait to see what fashion stunt she pulls at Charles' 70th birthday celebration on the 14th. REAL royals from houses across Europe will be in attendance and she will be so far out of her league it will be a disaster. Kate has interacted with many of them on official events and will be quite at home. Megsy on the other hand will be the ultimate fish out of water. She can't even grasp British monarchy history let alone it's histories with other royal houses in Europe.

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary will be at the same party. Someone who was foreign born yet immersed herself in the nation's culture and has proved to be one of Europe's best royals. She's Australian yet lived in Copenhagen and learned fluent Danish and dated her husband for three years before marrying. I would give anything if Queen Letizia of Spain showed up too to show Megs what a real commoner turned royal looks like but I think she has a conflicting event.

Messy is lucky that the Swedes have some sort of state event and can't make it. Princesses Victoria and Madeline would tower over her in beauty, stature and grace. And even Prince Carl Philip's wife Sofia would outshine Meggy. She had a checkered past but since marrying into the Swedish royal family has been exemplary in her behavior and protocols. Something Meghan has been willful to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 446November 13, 2018 8:32 AM

R435, your comment makes sense and I agree. The truth is somewhere in the middle. The tiara she wore was lovely.

by Anonymousreply 447November 13, 2018 9:09 AM

R405 I believe R377 is repeating something that was posted to one of the anti-sparkles facebook groups by a "journalist" who claims to have a source in the Royal Household. The source seems to be nothing more than extrapolations and guessing based on other media reports. I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 448November 13, 2018 9:17 AM

R377's scenarios are everything I believe Bean to be. It all just fits.

by Anonymousreply 449November 13, 2018 9:23 AM

I don't think she is smirking in those pics and video. To me she looks like she's zoning out on Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 450November 13, 2018 9:30 AM

She could be smirking and still be Xanaxed.

by Anonymousreply 451November 13, 2018 9:39 AM

Well, I am a Xanax queen. Looks to me in the snaps posted above that she is on something far stronger. Begins with H and I will leave it there in order to avoid her rabid fucking fans shitting all over me. I know it when I see it you stupid Frauen. Nothing like your tee-hee, "naughty" margaritas you gulp down at Applebees after "work".

by Anonymousreply 452November 13, 2018 9:51 AM

SSAA intern 3, are you shitting me? You think it's horse? Holy Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 453November 13, 2018 9:54 AM

From what I have seen in the photos, and from what I have seen in real life, I would not at all be surprised. I would have thought coke for her type, and I may still right on that one, but that dead eyed non focused stare in those snaps screams H to me. I hope I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 454November 13, 2018 10:06 AM

Had it been H, and I believe it's totally possible, wouldn't she have been nodding off?

by Anonymousreply 455November 13, 2018 10:13 AM

Oh my God, people, pregnant Meghan isn't floating through Westminster Abbey high on smack. Let's show some logic and proportion here.

by Anonymousreply 456November 13, 2018 10:45 AM

Well, SSAA intern 3 predicted THAT answer.

by Anonymousreply 457November 13, 2018 11:05 AM

Before her marriage nutmeg looked better than after her marriage . She really looked terrible in her face after the marriage . And I think she had some Botox and fillers done now . I thought Cocaïne yes and maybe cristal meth. That is really severe If she is on H . Not that the others are good ! And certainly when everyone says she is pregnant ! That ‘s why I think she’s not .

by Anonymousreply 458November 13, 2018 11:19 AM

Eh, I don’t think it’s drugs at all. I think she’s dissociating. She’s mentally going to her “happy place”.

Probably a skill she practiced when servicing clients.

by Anonymousreply 459November 13, 2018 11:21 AM

Her insistence on wearing the clothes she does - well, they wear her for the most part - underscores her complete ignorance about her role. She dresses somewhere between a red carpet event and a rich man's wife. More to the point, she throws away easy wins by not wearing British. She hands critics the point. Complete stupidity.

For me the interesting thing about the poll from yesterday was how low she ranked in contrast to her husband. The strength of his popularity did not extend to her. A mediocre fifth and then in mid fifties. Which means 45% of the public have a negative impression of her. Where does that leave her, six months in. One chance to make a first impression. FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 460November 13, 2018 11:22 AM

^ one other point, it isn't impossible to rehabilitate an image. Head down, work hard, get good advice and act on it. But based on the last six months do you think her Megjesty is capable of that? Odds don't seem high.

by Anonymousreply 461November 13, 2018 11:23 AM

No, R461. That would require some pesky soul searching and eventually facing cold hard truths about herself. It's just easier to pick something new and ugly to wear and ignore the haters!

by Anonymousreply 462November 13, 2018 11:29 AM

Just to throw this out here, I think she was on the really strong shit BEFORE she got up the duff. Those are older snaps of hers I believe (please let me know if I am wrong.) I still think she is still on something (Xanax), but nothing hard core. Harry on the other hand... I'm worried about that mess.

by Anonymousreply 463November 13, 2018 11:40 AM

Still, if she's getting lip injections and botox and who knows what else (her face has been looking puffy and frozen lately) while pregnant, then the baby is already in harm's way.

by Anonymousreply 464November 13, 2018 11:45 AM

The CDAN blind isn't a blind at all, but the site doing it's usual: picking up a news story, running it, and then pretending it's some delicious bit of tea it dug up from some really fabulous source. The source is the same papers we're reading.

I doubt that a heroin habit could be hidden with all those sleeveless numbers she wears, let along whilst pregnant. The risks are, again, absurd: the fetus would be born addicted. It wouldn't be a case of out of the UK on the next plane - she'd be lucky not to end in the Old Bailey as the BRF finally seized the opportunity she'd have given them to nail her to the wall AND remove the child from her custody This to me is along the lines of the pillow baby-surrogate theories. A woman using heroin during pregnancy is subject to the harshest penalties the law allows.

What I find astonishing in light of all this is the stubborn insistence of her stans that she's an innocent victim of a racist press campaign to dscredit her before she has a chance to "hit the ground running".

I absolutely buy into a threatened lawsuit by "Melissa" and the BRF hastening to buy her off and praise her publicly. Their public statement had all the earmarks of damage control to me.

But I don't buy into the woman whose husband is on staff at Admiralty House. I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm just saying that I won't base judgements on hearsay. Again, it's not feasible that the DM, if it smelt such a story and a live witness, wouldn't have been out there in a flash to pay him a fortune for an interview.

Tiara Gate in the TIMES, the pointed back row in the Albert Hall, the separation from the "important ladies" on the balconies at Remembrance, her absurd clothing choices, terrible makeup, the fact that Harry doesn't give off the aura of a besotted new husband, her incessant bump cradling and obvious narcissism . . . these are things I can see.

So I'm nailing my opinion of her only to what I can see.

by Anonymousreply 465November 13, 2018 12:54 PM

I really don't think she's doing H NOW, but there are a million ways to hide using it (shoot between the toes or sniff it), and it is a myth that if you try it once you are instantly hooked. I think MM like(s) her party favours and now that she can't have them as she is supposedly knocked up, she has switched over to some "safer" stuff. What I saw on the balcony was a Xanax blurred haze, and I know that haze well. Harry, he is the one I am more worried about. I do wonder if he got hooked on something hard (not just MM) and knows he is in a world of shit.

by Anonymousreply 466November 13, 2018 1:04 PM

At what kind events do "lesser" royal ladies (think Sophie) wear tiaras? Will MM ever get to wear another (better) tiara or is this it?

by Anonymousreply 467November 13, 2018 1:17 PM

State dinners/events r467 are what immediately come to mind

by Anonymousreply 468November 13, 2018 1:21 PM

R466 - Yes, I know there are "safer" and more hidden ways to use heroin. But there's no way to hide an addicted newborn. I know little about Xanax so i'm unaware of its potential effect on a fetus; I can only tell you that my niece, whom I have mentioned before, who got pregnant after a year of trying at the same age as Meghan, wouldn't take an aspirin for the entire nine months, she was so frightened of damaging her longed for child. I think her fears were exaggerated, but as it did take her a year to "catch", they were understandable.

I'm not a chemist so I can't pronounce on what is safe or not, and some other posters claim to recognise certain signs. All I can say is I cannot believe she would be that foolish. If she is being that foolish, it's a safe bet the BRF know about it, and Harry is complicit and taking chances with his child, and behind the scenes a quiet crisis would be building.

But we really don't know that.

by Anonymousreply 469November 13, 2018 1:23 PM

This is what Bean should wear to Charles' birthday party!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470November 13, 2018 1:25 PM

R469 There are a lot of ways to hide a lot of things.

by Anonymousreply 471November 13, 2018 1:26 PM

I love it r470! It looks rather edible, which would go with her edible "Hi Daddy" panties she will be wearing that night.

by Anonymousreply 472November 13, 2018 1:29 PM

R471 - Things clearly tend to get around in the BRF - witness the Tiara Gate story that Prince Andrew undoubtedly got wind of and then gleefully leaked.

The brothers are close. If Harry is alarmed and or miserable and drug use is involved, it's not likely William doesn't know at least that things aren't going well, and he will naturally take his brother's part, and perhaps even bring Charles in.

You know what Mr Lincoln famously said: "You can fool some of the people all the time, and all the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

Families are not dissimilar.

by Anonymousreply 473November 13, 2018 1:30 PM

What is it with the emoji’s at the top of the thread ?

by Anonymousreply 474November 13, 2018 1:34 PM

Xanax is not safe during pregnancy. Of course, that does not mean that she is not taking it.

Cocaine use is a given with that crowd in Toronto and at Soho. Again, hopefully not, during pregnancy.

Heroin can be sniffed or smoked, not everyone has track marks. Obviously, to be avoided during pregnancy.

I doubt either she or Harry has the emotional tools to cope with their current situation. If drug/alcohol use is curtailed, how will they manage? The immediate baby has locked both in for now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475November 13, 2018 1:38 PM

Have you guys seen the pictures at @Europeroyals ? Its PC and Camilla Prince William and Kate and their children and Prince Harry and Meghan ! I don’t know but Prince Harry looks very gay in that picture . They are in summer clothing !

by Anonymousreply 476November 13, 2018 1:41 PM

George sitting on Charles' lap while Charlotte sits next to Camilla and Camilla not even touching her is a little strange.It's not the best photo.

by Anonymousreply 477November 13, 2018 1:52 PM

Link please?

by Anonymousreply 478November 13, 2018 1:53 PM

Here ya go, they say its a leak photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479November 13, 2018 2:01 PM

The pics were leaked and were meant to be release for the birthday celebration. Shocker - they were leaked by a MeAgain fan account.

What a coincidence!

This one is better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480November 13, 2018 2:01 PM

The second photo is more animated was what I meant.

If she is the reason the photos were not released as planned by the RF, what next. If this is her response to being put in her place?

Surely they will not be moving next to Will & Catherine now.

People like her enjoy creating chaos and upset, it is kind of a power rush. The idea that she loves him or has any desire to fit in like Sophie is madness.

by Anonymousreply 481November 13, 2018 2:07 PM

How could she even leak them?Is she besties with the photographer?

by Anonymousreply 482November 13, 2018 2:18 PM

It is likely that they have access to the images before they are released, no? Esp if they were going on the KP social media accounts?

by Anonymousreply 483November 13, 2018 2:20 PM

You still think that PH en MM are madly in love with each other ? They never where !

by Anonymousreply 484November 13, 2018 2:46 PM

R484, I think you may be posting on the wrong site?

If she leaked the photos and stepped on the PR for the birthday celebration, what next? What about Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 485November 13, 2018 3:11 PM

This is the other family photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486November 13, 2018 3:16 PM

The photos were taken the same day as the recently released snap of Charles, Catherine and Louis. Nutmeg has stepped on their PR roll out in retaliation for feeling slighted over the weekend and the tiara story coming out. They really miscalculated with this one. Tit for tat will end where? If she was not knocked up she would be on a plane.

You cannot have people like this in a family and have peace and you cannot have people like this in a PR dependent tax payer dependent firm either. All those stories about her family and ex-husbands look a bit different now, no? Poor waify MeAgain is a viper.

by Anonymousreply 487November 13, 2018 3:21 PM

What you mean R485 ?

by Anonymousreply 488November 13, 2018 3:22 PM

After Charles' 70th birthday on Nov 14, the couple will attend the Royal Variety Performance on Mon Nov 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489November 13, 2018 3:23 PM

Nutmeg showing a little shoulder. She does a lot of that now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490November 13, 2018 3:25 PM

She looks like a porn star in some of her show biz shots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491November 13, 2018 3:28 PM

How do we know those photos were "leaked? Because someone on Instagram said so?

by Anonymousreply 492November 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Looking in a mirror taking a selfie. How very Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493November 13, 2018 3:29 PM

"I'm a feminist. I'm a strong woman. I hold the umbrella up for my husband. Oh wait, I always have time for a close up".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494November 13, 2018 3:32 PM

Is she giving us at DL the evil eye?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495November 13, 2018 3:33 PM

After the sleeveless number at the Festival of Remembrance, the blatant not wearing British design labels throughout the commemoration (beside the nominal concession of the coat to Royal Albert Hall), the hand holding in and out of Westminster Abbey it is apparent HazBean are going to proceed as they please. She is a narcissist and no amount of chastisement or guidance is going to alter her course.

by Anonymousreply 496November 13, 2018 3:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497November 13, 2018 3:42 PM

^WOMEN

by Anonymousreply 498November 13, 2018 3:55 PM

R492 Because it wasn't on the Official pages - they are always released on Offical pages and one of the Royal correspondent's said so and made the point that none of them were retweeting.

by Anonymousreply 499November 13, 2018 4:10 PM

Photos were leaked and some sites aren't posting them until the official Royal Family sit releases them. I wonder who leaked them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500November 13, 2018 4:20 PM

The best part from R497:

‘TOTAL: £490.50 *based on RRP’

The Daily Fail will bring shade for days, baby!

by Anonymousreply 501November 13, 2018 4:25 PM

Is R437 herself British? Or are you offering your offense on behalf of the American people?

by Anonymousreply 502November 13, 2018 4:41 PM

Thanks, R499.

by Anonymousreply 503November 13, 2018 4:46 PM

This really is a new level of bizarreness on Data Lounge. I mean, you’re not just entertained by this latest female train wreck figure (as you did for Britney, Liza, Kathy G, etc) you’re actually FURIOUS at her. That’s the bizarre part, and I could buy that if you were British yourselves, but for an American to completely lose their shit over one of their countrymen’s antics overseas is just nonsense. As one of you once wrote (Mary! style), “I watched Diana’s funeral procession, in a way I feel connected with those boys!” said, no doubt, while petting a tiny poodle with rhinestone collar on your laps.

by Anonymousreply 504November 13, 2018 4:47 PM

Furious? Amused and entertained at watching the train wreck is more like it. You know how you can't turn your head away from the spectacle... And there are a number of Brit posters on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 505November 13, 2018 5:01 PM

This is the first thing that came to my mind too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506November 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Ardent thread reader, occasional thread poster and NOT a Sugar! However I would offer MeAgain this advice if she wants to make some sort of a go of it : 1) For god's sake - start wearing British designers ASAP. If you can't 'afford' then for some weird reason then find a few young , up and coming British designers who will work with your shape! Go to the UK fashion colleges or better yet, via The Prince's Trust. Support the UK economy and it's young people. 2) Wear some cheerful pastel colours, whites or jewel tones- khaki , navy and - FFS- black do NOTHING for you and never will 3) Stop with the cringey PDA's! Either someone loves you/ finds you sexy or they don't, but it's none of OUR business and makes you seem about 14 years old. 4) Tone down or totally get rid of the horrible foundation/ bronzer stripes combo.... 5) Find some charities that play to your 'strengths' ( ?) or at least address your background- things that help get young disadvantaged folks into the Arts. Drama and music festivals that promote British talent . Animal charities. 6) Make some decent British friends - and don't ghost them! There's more. I know I'm ranting, sorry. But really, this is 'PR For Dummies' ...

by Anonymousreply 507November 13, 2018 5:12 PM

If TiaraGate did happen (and I believe it did) and if QE or someone had a sit down with these two when they returned from their tour regarding their behavior especially with staff and Meagain still continues to dress as she does and cling onto DimWit like a teenager with their first boyfriend then there needs to be a new subcategory of Narcissism which specifies her Tungsten ways, Narcitungsten maybe or Narcissungsten , she needs her own special classification since she refuses to conform to the norm of her benefactors.

by Anonymousreply 508November 13, 2018 5:16 PM

R506, even if Diana were still alive, that photo would not have happened. She'd have been in the wedding photos and the Christening photos, I suppose. Charles probably would not have been allowed to wed Camilla, so she'd have been absent. It would have been Charles alone on the bench with the grandkids with his sons and their spouses standing behind.

by Anonymousreply 509November 13, 2018 5:17 PM

I think her clinging to PH is because she’s still on drugs or on xanax like someone said . I think he holds her hand for fear that she will be falling to the ground with those stiletto’s of her .

by Anonymousreply 510November 13, 2018 5:37 PM

Personally, I view all this as I would as if I were reading a trashy new novel. It's interesting, both culturally and historically, given the background of monarchy, castles, traditions, etc. Character analyis is fun. Just because it's negative, doesn't mean it's personally angry.

There are, I am sure, a few outliers on both sides who are incensed that Sparkle is part of the BRF, and who are equally incensed that anyone should dare to criticise the Darling of the Virtue Signallers.

But, really, most of us are just have an unusual amount of fun with speculation and analysis - combined with royal fashion and historic jewellery, it's just irresistible.

We aren't responsible for Sparkle giving us so much to work with.

by Anonymousreply 511November 13, 2018 5:46 PM

Cheers R511 !!

by Anonymousreply 512November 13, 2018 5:53 PM

Megsy and her fellow SoHos are running a troubling con game. I suspect they have damaging information about Prince Dim. Otherwise, why else would they allow this grifter into their circle? She’s been leaking info since even before that ring was on her finger or that bun was in the oven. Remember that pathetic “WAAAH! Kate didn’t give me a ride to go shopping!” blind?

If this continues, I see more than just a divorce in their future. I see the RF “persuading” Dim to revoke his title, take his inheritance, and go live as a private citizen. Then MeAgain and the kid will truly be HIS problem (as they should be). Otherwise, these two will just hasten the demise of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 513November 13, 2018 6:16 PM

The poster who keeps using the nicknames is really putting a lot of effort into showing us that he hates this girl.

We get it.

by Anonymousreply 514November 13, 2018 6:23 PM

R513 - I say, draw it mild - you're running ahead of the story.

The rich are different and so are the royals, but they would not, as I mentioned in a much earlier thread, be the first family in history to throw up their hands and say, "All right, have it your way, but don't look to us to pull you out of the mess when it goes tits up!" and then cross their fingers and hope for the best.

Harry was 33 years old and a military veteran of sorts when he decided to marry Meghan Markle. What were they to do? Tie him to a bed post?

I'm fairly convinced Harry is repeating a dire chapter in family history (Charles and Diana) and that she's a narcissistic grifter who played him like the proverbial fiddle . . .

But I'm still not convinced about the Soho con game and all the rest of that.

Let the narrative unfold . . . don't rush it, mate.

by Anonymousreply 515November 13, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]If this continues, I see more than just a divorce in their future. I see the RF “persuading” Dim to revoke his title, take his inheritance, and go live as a private citizen. Then MeAgain and the kid will truly be HIS problem (as they should be). Otherwise, these two will just hasten the demise of the monarchy.

I don't see the BRF doing a thing about MM. Not right now anyway with all eyes on Philip's health and the Queen's. It will be left up to Charles and he won't do anything for fear of upsetting Harry. The Sussex Show will continue for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 516November 13, 2018 6:33 PM

I feel like I am the only one on the planet who would willingly bang Prince Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 517November 13, 2018 6:33 PM

I’m waiting to see how this will unfold for PH an MM . I think they know in the. RF who does the leaking of these blind items and foto’s. PC will not be pleased nor QEll .

by Anonymousreply 518November 13, 2018 6:34 PM

Yes, Fergs you probably are, darling, r517.

by Anonymousreply 519November 13, 2018 6:35 PM

Time will tell, R515.

But I do not recall Diana “playing” the media manipulation game so early in her relationship with Charles—that came later, of course, but only after she had established herself as a Royal who took the job seriously.

And for all her faults, Diana demonstrated respect for the monarchy. By all accounts, she helped instill that sense of duty in William.

Sparkplug, on the other hand, has wasted no time whatsoever demonstrating her contempt for the family, the staff, and the job. She has indeed “hit the ground running” on that account.

by Anonymousreply 520November 13, 2018 6:42 PM

R520 - "But I do not recall Diana “playing” the media manipulation game so early in her relationship with Charles"

Mmmmm, somewhat true in terms of building relationships with press contacts and attacking her husband obliquely. But I think Diana had an instinct about the press that showed very early, in the run-up to the engagement. Those demure up through the lashes looks - I think she understood some things quite soon even if she didn't articulate them to herself. She simply got more conscious and more proactive as she gained experience and the Wars of the Wales began.

Sparkle has just been consciously at it much longer.

And, as a born arista whose family had long had ties to the BRF, Diana would naturally have had deeper feelings for the monarchy.

I do agree with you that that is a primary difference between the two women: to Meghan, the monarchy is just a means to an end, and she really doesn't understand it, or Britain, well at all. That wouldn't have been the case for Diana, and, come to it, for Kate, either. The latter may not have been to the manor born, but she understood its nature and value quite well - and she was English.

Meghan has no particular regard for the monarchy as an institution, and no particular fondness for Britain, which is also just a means to an end. Hence, her belief that now she's got what she wants, she doesn't need to support the British fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 521November 13, 2018 6:57 PM

R513 - I can see them politely "suggesting" he give up h is title and his place in the line of succession, but they won't take his inheritance. First of all, they can't: his 400,000 quid a year is from Diana. But should the unthinkable occur, they'll set him up with some sort of annuity to go along with his inheritance from Diana. He'll be fine and so, if she's still around, will Sparkle - although by then that may seem like a pathetic income after all her dreams of glory.

by Anonymousreply 522November 13, 2018 7:03 PM

A photo of Harry and Meghan in Jamaica for a friends wedding before their engagement.

Nutmeg mauls her future husband as she attempts to remove his tonsils. Dimwit's stiff back speaks volumesays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 13, 2018 7:15 PM

I do hope she gets (and stays) very fat. Inspired by the picture above; her face is too thin.

by Anonymousreply 524November 13, 2018 7:24 PM

What is this family picture leaking business? Did Meagain do it?

by Anonymousreply 525November 13, 2018 7:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526November 13, 2018 7:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527November 13, 2018 7:31 PM

I sincerely hope for her sake that Meghan didn't leak the photos in an attempt to erase the bad PR of last week, because the family would not take kindly to the action, and would more or less conclude that she is hopelessly unreachable after the lessons of last week. It would indicate that she is uncontrollable (which was true of Diana, btw).

But it could only have been leaked by someone inside, no?

by Anonymousreply 528November 13, 2018 7:40 PM

[quote]Monday office look. I get so many messages about my closet must haves. So here are four for this season: a blue-red bag, a clashing orange-red dress 💃🏻 , an amputee-chic camel coat 🐪 and some toe-mangling leopard heels 🐆. I'm well aware that it costs a lot to look this cheap, so would you poors like me to put a few accessible versions of each on my stories?

There. Fixted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529November 13, 2018 7:53 PM

Goddamn...just put your arms in the coat sleeves. Why the fuck would someone try to make this a "thing"? just wear a goddamn sweater and tie it around your waist if it gets warm.

by Anonymousreply 530November 13, 2018 8:06 PM

I hope that when the baby is born her relatives storm the palace and demand to see their new family member. Now THAT would be something to see.

by Anonymousreply 531November 13, 2018 8:22 PM

I'm picturing something like this, R531.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532November 13, 2018 8:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533November 13, 2018 8:36 PM

R517 - "I feel like I am the only one on the planet who would willingly bang Prince Andrew."

Just beware of the teeth if you get into any, er, exchanges.

by Anonymousreply 534November 13, 2018 8:43 PM

I believe Kate and William have a daytime engagement in Yorkshire tomorrow, but they should return in time for HM's huge glittering birthday party for her firstborn tomorrow night at Buck House. So, at last we will have more glad rags to rag on. I do hope it is at least gowns, and not "desk to dinner" cocktail wear.

I don't think I could handle the disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 535November 13, 2018 9:02 PM

I don't know if Sparkles leaked the photo's but I this is the first time I can remember embargoed royal photographs leaking before the date. The two things may not be related at all but it's a remarkable conincidence isn't it? Especially given her "Hollywood" background. The press usually toes the line. I rather suspect that someone's PR found that the British press didn't want the photo's (they already had them and weren't going to annoy the royals over something so inconsequential) and the fan blog was the only outlet that would publish.

by Anonymousreply 536November 13, 2018 9:11 PM

If she did leak the photos, I seriously wonder at her mental acuity. What does she hope to gain through these petty tactics? Does she really thinks she can win against the Windsors?

by Anonymousreply 537November 13, 2018 9:17 PM

R522, what I meant to say is they’d revoke his title and let him go, taking his inheritance with him. They would never take his inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 538November 13, 2018 9:25 PM

Unless his popularity really takes a nosedive, the Royals wouldn't dare revoke Harry's title. They'll manipulate him into divorcing Meghan: He's dumb and easily led. Then they'll throw her to the wolves of the press whilst carefully enfolding her child into the family bosom. The Fergie Maneuver.

by Anonymousreply 539November 13, 2018 9:26 PM

She’s just going to double down on her rebellious shenanigans.

Luckily for us. It’ll be fun to watch her try to take on the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 540November 13, 2018 9:29 PM

R536 I can’t ever remember leaked photos of the RF, either. Maybe someone else on this thread does???

R529’s photo of JM’s “office” is hilarious...it looks like her living room with a desk in it.

by Anonymousreply 541November 13, 2018 9:31 PM

R537 R538 - I don't think they can revoke his title. You don't give out and take back HRHs so easily, or they lose their meaning. Harry was born with his title, the grandson of the Sovereign in the male line. I don't think that that gets "revoked". They can pressure him to formally renounce his place in the line of succession, but I doubt he would renounce his title and I don't think they can take that from him.

Meanwhile, the new family photos are now officially released, so the rest is a moot point. The inclusion of Camilla with Charles's grandchildren is significant - she WILL be Queen and no mistake.

by Anonymousreply 542November 13, 2018 9:39 PM

R540 - Not any time soon. Fergie had already given Andrew two children and the Queen two grandchildren. They'll sit back patiently for a few years. They'll do nothing whilst she is pregnant. They won't want to look like they didn't give the marriage a chance. And as her pregnancy advances and then Meghan takes maternity leave, she'll recede a bit. No, they'll give it time to settle down.

Harry won't want to bail too fast, either. It will make him look bad, too.

No, buckle up, everyone. This will be the gift that goes on giving for some years.

by Anonymousreply 543November 13, 2018 9:43 PM

Two babies and seven years. That's my guesstimate.

by Anonymousreply 544November 13, 2018 9:49 PM

How on earth would MM have access to the photos to be able to leak them? She doesn't have that kind of power, except maybe in her weird little mind.

by Anonymousreply 545November 13, 2018 9:58 PM

R544 - I concur.

by Anonymousreply 546November 13, 2018 10:02 PM

She always has to show her bare arms, doesn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 547November 13, 2018 10:04 PM

R547 But why?

by Anonymousreply 548November 13, 2018 10:09 PM

She doesn't want to risk an errant sleeve marring her painstakingly wrought handwriting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549November 13, 2018 10:17 PM

It will be a fight to the finish in the (UK) headlines tomorrow evening between the BREXIT news from Downing Street and the gowns at Buck House Gala.

Let's see (moves head from right to left and left to right) - Buck House or Downing Street Farce? Buck House or Downing Street? Buck House or . . .

by Anonymousreply 550November 13, 2018 10:18 PM

R547, I suppose she thinks her arms are exceptional. And why should she follow those stuffy rules?

My arms are hot, bitches. Keep yours covered in church if you want, you old biddies.

by Anonymousreply 551November 13, 2018 10:30 PM

R545 The family and staff would have seen the photographs before they were due to go public. Everything is digital these days, just an email attachment.

by Anonymousreply 552November 13, 2018 10:32 PM

Sparkle's brother did warn Harry. Remember?

by Anonymousreply 553November 13, 2018 10:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554November 13, 2018 11:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555November 13, 2018 11:02 PM

R550, what BREXIT news is this?

by Anonymousreply 556November 13, 2018 11:25 PM

That an agreement has been reached but May has to sell it to the cabinet and she has spoken to each of them one by one but there’s talk of a mass resignation r556.

by Anonymousreply 557November 13, 2018 11:55 PM

An agreement with the EU? So then what, Parliament votes on it?

by Anonymousreply 558November 13, 2018 11:58 PM

I see those fat markle genes are coming out!

by Anonymousreply 559November 13, 2018 11:59 PM

I love how Tommy basically defecates all over his sister in that letter but then ends it with we are still family. What could his endgame possibly be? Meghan to write them a check?

by Anonymousreply 560November 14, 2018 12:00 AM

Bean invented yellow gold.

[quote]Meghan Markle‘s sparkle appears to have ignited a trend amongst celebrity brides-to-be.

[quote]The Duchess of Sussex’s one-of-a-kind engagement ring from British jeweler Cleave & Co., which features a three-carat cushion-cut diamond from Botswana set on a yellow gold band, may have provided inspiration to rocker John Mellencamp and “Schitt’s Creek” star Emily Hampshire when they proposed to Meg Ryan and Teddy Geiger, respectively.

[quote]“Teddy’s ring follows one of the biggest trends we’ve been seeing this year: yellow gold,” Kathryn Money, the vice president of strategy and merchandising at Brilliant Earth, told Page Six Style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561November 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Yes, if May can sell it to her cabinet then the UK parliament will vote on it but the EU parliament and EU27 also have to agree to it. We also have the small matter of Scotland taking the UK to the ECJ on Article 50 (whether it can be revoke). I wouldn't be surpised if we crash out without a deal.

by Anonymousreply 562November 14, 2018 12:09 AM

R549 Urgh SSAA. She talked about doing calligraphy for pay. Not a lot of pay with that handwriting, which isn't calligraphy but neatly done script. Here is real calligraphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563November 14, 2018 12:40 AM

Pardon, do my aged eyes deceive me, or does that handwritten note by Tommy Markle refer to the "reel Meghan"?!

And if so, do we think Haz was bright enough to catch the error, which. in an oddly serendipitous way, actually describes our Sparkle rather well?

by Anonymousreply 564November 14, 2018 12:43 AM

R562 - James Kirkup in The Spectator has a persuasive article up on why the Cabinet absolutely ought to sign off on it.

The thing is, you never know with these politicians if they've even read the thing, are objecting on thought-out grounds, or are just making political hay as they measure the drapes in Downing Street.

I did enjoy Boris standing in the halls of Parliament, though, roaring "For the first time in a thousand years. . . " somewhat forgetting the Norman Conquest in 1066 and William the Conker (as they used to call him in Devon).

by Anonymousreply 565November 14, 2018 12:54 AM

What is with all of the BREXIT bullshit doing on a Dangling Tendrils thread? There are about 2.5 million threads dedicated to all things BREXIT, go pick one and moan over there.

by Anonymousreply 566November 14, 2018 12:59 AM

It never seemed to occur to MM that when she joined a family firm, much of her independence and personal freedom would be lost . She cannot come to grips with that. Any failure on the part of a single member threatens the entire family's livelihood and prestige. It really is 'fit in or fuck off.'

by Anonymousreply 567November 14, 2018 1:00 AM

Wherein I offer my most profound thinkings on the secularly wabi-sabi art of the hand-penned, consciously evoked "Note"...

[quote]Picture your day thus far. You woke up and checked your email, which included one from The TIG. You texted your friends, and played catch up, not even fully using words, but instead with stylized cartoonish graphics that have somehow made the leap from schoolgirl favored to middle aged appropriate (cha cha-ing dancer & jazz hands, anyone?). I use them too, but it’s not lost on me that the emoji of it all is kinda random, right? Then there’s Twitter and Instagram, the direct messages and comment boards — the constant carpel tunnel inducing typing, and hunching over a phone/a laptop/an “i”anything, so much so that life (that connection) is all done through a device.

[quote]I’m admittedly a Luddite (ironic considering I’m now the girl with a lifestyle website, I know), but if given the option between fingers to keyboard, or pen to paper, I will always choose the latter. Because amongst the throwback things that I love (a ’62 porsche speedster à la Dylan McKay in 90210, a bevy of Vargas girls, a Busby Berkeley film, or cooking over a charcoal grill), what trumps all is my love of writing (and receiving) a handwritten note.

[quote]Let’s take part A of that equation – the thoughtful meditative moment of penning your words onto stationery (from G.Lalo to craft paper), licking and sealing an envelope, dropping it into the post, and knowing that it will be met (whether in some other part of town or some other part of the world) with a smile.

[quote]Now part B – a trickier explanation, because I can’t write this impartially. I am a gal who just loves getting mail. Oh my god, I absolutely relish it. I know my mailman’s name, I race to the door when mail comes (usually just fliers or bills), but I always hold out hope that there will be a letter. A sweet letter. And that I will have the tactile experience of un-creasing the paper, reciting the words, and holding someone’s thoughts in my hands.

[quote]Let someone hold your thoughts today. Go write a letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 14, 2018 1:01 AM

Tonstant Weader fwowed up.

by Anonymousreply 569November 14, 2018 1:15 AM

Recent-ish BREXIT thread here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570November 14, 2018 1:20 AM

Lastest Brexit thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571November 14, 2018 1:33 AM

^^^^^Latest

by Anonymousreply 572November 14, 2018 1:33 AM

OK bitches, here is the link to Part 23 of Dangling Tendrils for when this thread fills up. Let me repeat, so the cunts from last time who were wailing on their fainting couches how there was still room on the existing thread and how very dare someone start a new thread before the existing one filled up can understand:

THE FOLLOWING LINK IS FOR WHEN *THIS* THREAD FILLS UP.

I am posting it here NOW so I don't have to post it here THEN.

I have stated my boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573November 14, 2018 1:34 AM

SSAA interns: You may need your own thread soon. How about NOW??

by Anonymousreply 574November 14, 2018 1:37 AM

We only seem to have SSAA intern 3 posting lately. What happened to the other two?

by Anonymousreply 575November 14, 2018 1:38 AM

I don't know r575. But they're annoying as hell.

-- Original Dangling Tendril "OP"

by Anonymousreply 576November 14, 2018 1:40 AM

Thank you R576, how very kind. Especially considering I stuck up for you at R3 when the aforementioned bitches started bitching about threads being started too soon.

by Anonymousreply 577November 14, 2018 1:46 AM

For the SSAAs. Fill Your Boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578November 14, 2018 1:46 AM

Meghan has brass ballls, there is absolutely no evidence she's "not foolish enough" to throw tantrums before the wedding.She knew perfectly well Harry wasn't going to call it off.

There was a "drop" on the closed FB book today saying Meghan and Harry had both been reprimanded and informed that there will be very few appearances/engagements going forward, that Meghan cried and said she did her best being pregnant etc., but it didn't fly, that she then blamed "Melissa" whoever that is (the pseudo-nymed assistant who quit), that Harry begged Melissa not to quit but she was outta there), that there were lots of "bullshit" and blame from Smeg, that she refers to herself as "Rapunzel" said that the seating at the remembrance was a "slap in the face" and tried to get Harry to change seats (I think it worked - didn't he get stuck partially behind the curtain while she was in plain view albeit in Siberia)? That she is upset because Cosmopolitan magazine ran with the tiara story and it had previously been in her back pocket, that People tried to spill the subsequent reprimand by claiming a close palace insider (uh huh) said nobody had told Meghan where to sit during the remembrance and everything was her choice, which of course makes no sense. TBC.

by Anonymousreply 579November 14, 2018 1:47 AM

The Australia reprimand wasn't about PDA, it was the totality of unprofessionalism and her vicious bitchiness behind the scenes, of which inappropriate pda was a part (it totally distracted from the events and people they were meant to highlight) but not the greatest of the sins.

Ok, more is that the "Doria is coming for Xmas which Kate's parents has never done" was dropped in the Express and the Daily Mail just lifted the story, but when PH called over at BP to get clearances for Doria, BP staff played dumb like they had no idea. Apparently a few attempts were made by him to get her cleared but it was a big NO, and Smeggy had a tantrum, said getting clearance from BP was "bullshit", that her mom is all alone and "I can invite her if I want." but Smeggy cannot invite her and that is that. The theory is the Queen did not care to be steamrolled in the press (the Express) with a side helping of mean spiritedness towards Kate, so the BP staff just played dumb and waited for the call they knew PH would have to make in order to get Doria cleared. Smeggy denied dropping the Doria story to the press (denied to Harry).

by Anonymousreply 580November 14, 2018 1:51 AM

I love the SSAA Interns AND the OP and Della wherever she may be.

And r569.

by Anonymousreply 581November 14, 2018 1:58 AM

I love you R573.

by Anonymousreply 582November 14, 2018 1:58 AM

Interesting private fb drops, thanks for bringing them over. Time will tell if it's true. I wonder if Doria will show for Xmas.

by Anonymousreply 583November 14, 2018 1:59 AM

r582 - You'll love the unique and very special SSAA thread then.

by Anonymousreply 584November 14, 2018 1:59 AM

R492, they were not put on by the RF, thus, leaked.

by Anonymousreply 585November 14, 2018 2:04 AM

Sorry you have the knives out for me R584. I don't know why, but that's fine. Be happy that my offensive eyes won't be gazing on your posts any longer.

Love you too R582 and R581

Where IS Della?

by Anonymousreply 586November 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Della just surfaced, r586. See SSAA thread!

by Anonymousreply 587November 14, 2018 2:08 AM

"Narcissungsten". Beautiful! Love it, perfect. Please copyright that r508.

by Anonymousreply 588November 14, 2018 2:21 AM

Thank you r570 for posting a Brexit link.

by Anonymousreply 589November 14, 2018 2:35 AM

Re R580

In what way must Doria be "cleared"?

Are we talking about travel issues allowing her into the country?

Or are we talking about "cleared" to stay at Christmas with the Queen?

If the latter, then Sparkle really is quite clueless by saying "I can invite her if I want".

Wow, just wow.

If it is not an issue of her coming into the country, then Sparkle & the Duke can have their own Christmas celebration somewhere - wherever it is that they, (or Sparkle) lives.

Can Sparkle really think she will insist on her mother being at the Queen's private Christmas?

I mean, really? Wow. Just Wow.

She is such an asshole.

And whatever positive thoughts I had about Harry have all but disappeared is this story is true. Could he really be so weak as to call up the Queen being pushed by his wife? That is, of course, just a rhetorical question.

BTW, I like all the SSA & SSA interns. Please carry on.

by Anonymousreply 590November 14, 2018 2:57 AM

[quote]BTW, I like all the SSA & SSA interns. Please carry on.

Here's the SSAA link in case you missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591November 14, 2018 3:03 AM

Doria, I believe on her own is harmless. However I am sure at this point, may get painted in the same light as her daughter within the Mountbatten-Windsor Clan. I guess we will know at Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 592November 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Thinking MM will want her mother near as her pregnancy progresses. Doria will likely hang around well into the new year if she does go to the U.K. By Christmas Sparkles should be 6 or 7 months.

by Anonymousreply 593November 14, 2018 3:10 AM

Doria better read up on this handy guide. Then maybe ask Carroll Middleton if she can join her instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594November 14, 2018 3:19 AM

Don't the royals also go shooting at Christmas, r594? Pheasants and other such wildlife?

by Anonymousreply 595November 14, 2018 3:25 AM

I feel awful for Doria. She is in a shitty position thanks to her daughter and son in law. From much of what I've read, Christmas at Sandringham is something of a chore, even at the best of times. Given recent events, this would hardly fit into the best of times category. I would be beyond embarrassed to show my face knowing how much my daughter had been showing her ass. But if she doesn't go, then everyone sort of looks bad. Maybe she will "come down with the flu" at the last minute and send her gracious regrets that she will be unable to spend Christmas with the family. Something like that might fly. MM fucking ruins things for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 596November 14, 2018 3:27 AM

For those about to wade on over to Part 23, you might want to consider blocking poster 11 over there. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Sorry for your poor eyeballs in advance!

by Anonymousreply 597November 14, 2018 3:36 AM

Who would want to spend The holidays with people you dont even know? Cant Doria just spend the time at wherever the fuck Meghan is living, and just pop by for lunch, church, and leave?

by Anonymousreply 598November 14, 2018 3:37 AM

I love you SSAA intern 3! I appreciate your hard work.

by Anonymousreply 599November 14, 2018 3:38 AM

♥♥♥♥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 14, 2018 3:39 AM

I LOVE the SSAA thread, r597. That thread is great - thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601November 14, 2018 3:40 AM

Oh sure Megs will want her prop-mother "close." Although this woman seems benign, remember that she made Sparkles who she is today by abandoning her during her formative years.

by Anonymousreply 602November 14, 2018 3:44 AM

What might be the fallout from the pics being leaked? Seems likely that it was Nutmeg - it was a Nutmeg fan site that ignored the imbargo. It seems as though this may be a first?

People like this seem to go through life with the goal of constantly showing how rules of any kind do not apply to them. Kind of a, what are YOU going to do about it motto. How can anyone feel comfortable around her after the leaks slamming Catherine, now this interfering with the PR for the birthday boy? If Doria was NOT invited, this is the same old box them in with PR strategy that worked with VF. The story about MeAgain taking pics of private areas in homes, think it was Charles?, seems more likely. She cares nothing for the monarchy, the UK or any of these people, including Dim and spawn. To get fillers while knocked up is not recommended, plus it does not even look good. Her faces looks like she had wisdom teeth out.

by Anonymousreply 603November 14, 2018 3:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!