Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

More Port Charles Mayhem and Madness!

Dopple Your Pleasure, Dopple Your Fun

Halloween is upon us and the sanguineous scent of MURDER is in the air. Our favorite evil twin is finally poised and ready to start unleashing his pent-up demons, with the loathsome Mary Pat, PC's own version of Nurse Ratshit, first in line for extermination.

Let the good times roll!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 25, 2018 10:12 PM

Someone mentioned on another forum that Kiki's pic has been removed from the opening credits. Anyone notice if this is true? I didn't catch it.

by Anonymousreply 1October 30, 2018 10:46 PM

IDK R1 but I heard that Willow is already in the opening credits.

by Anonymousreply 2October 30, 2018 10:59 PM

Who is Willow?

by Anonymousreply 3October 30, 2018 11:10 PM

Willow is Aiden's teacher who had a meeting with Liz and Franco about Aiden's behavior. Today Willow was sleeping in her car and Chase tried to give her a ticket and then Willow went to the same Bereavement Support Group as Michael.

by Anonymousreply 4October 30, 2018 11:13 PM

As was suggested on the previous thread, if Ryan only winds up offing Kiki and Mary Pat, I am going to be seriously pissed!!!

Personally, I was hoping in addition to Kiki and Mary Pat, that he’d also dispatch the racial stereotype that is Aunt Stella (can no GH writers write a non offensive ethnic character??), Lulu, and Kristina, at least! If Ryan killed men too, I’d toss in Brad, Spinelli, and Griffin. I would of course prefer he take the Corinthos clan all together, but I know better.

Anyone else wondering how Kevin is going to explain, get away with knowing Ryan’s alive, keeping him a secret patient for 25 years? Any whispers on Jon Lindstrom leaving so maybe both Ryan and Kevin will die together in an inferno at Ferncliffe?

I don’t buy Valentine switching the DNA results and that Sasha isn’t Nina’s daughter. But I would like them to flesh out her backstory more. Same with Drew - does he have no curiosity about who raised him, how they got him? Sloppy writing as ever.

I’m guessing the hunt for Liesle will result in her capture now, just in time for her to get a deal for revealing Jonah is alive.

I don’t think Willow is the dead baby’s mother - (I still think it’s Kristina) but she’s connected to someone. Maybe she’s another child of one of Sonny’s victims and getting close to Michael will finally force him to face the fact his adoptive father is a multiple murderer.

Any news on nuNikolas - if anyone’s been cast, when will he appear, has he really been in cahoots with Valentine all along?

by Anonymousreply 5October 30, 2018 11:15 PM

I'd blow all these bitches away (M F and Xyr) in one episode.

Are you listening, Frank?

by Anonymousreply 6October 30, 2018 11:20 PM

R5, I co-sign annoying Auntie Stella, Brad, Spinelli and oh so boring Griffin having a run in with Ryan and his weapon of choice.

Jon Lindstrom got an Amazon Prime series but don't know if that means anything re: GH.

by Anonymousreply 7October 30, 2018 11:21 PM

Thanks R4. I appreciate your post.

by Anonymousreply 8October 30, 2018 11:22 PM

You're welcome r3.

by Anonymousreply 9October 30, 2018 11:26 PM

There is certainly a death of hot men on this show.

by Anonymousreply 10October 31, 2018 12:08 AM

I want Mo Benard in me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 11October 31, 2018 12:09 AM

If JL is leaving then I'm curious how they're going to write for Genie.

And I agree that Ryan needs to go on a MASSIVE killing spree. I'd say kill Finn but they'd just bring back ME in another role.

by Anonymousreply 12October 31, 2018 12:15 AM

[quote]There is certainly a death of hot men on this show.

Worst typo ever! No killing of the few hot men they have!

by Anonymousreply 13October 31, 2018 12:26 AM

No, not Finn and not Franco who both only pop up once every other week or so. He needs to do in the air hogs. Sonny, Carly, Jason, the teens, Maxie, Peter, Lulu would do for starters. Not only are they air hogs but most can't act and are boring. Oh, and I wouldn't complain if he added Spencer to his list. We will never get rid of that kid for good otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 14October 31, 2018 1:02 AM

Franco needs to die too.

by Anonymousreply 15October 31, 2018 1:36 AM

Mo is stocking up for his special episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 31, 2018 1:52 AM

Peter needs to go before anyone but fucking LW gives him job security

I have no problem with Franco or Finn. They are far from airhogs & I really enjoy them with Liz & Anna. They are the only 2 couples with a modicum of chemistry & flirt on the entire show.

I'd love for the Mob crew to die but they'd never go for that.

My kill list would be Peter, Oscar, Griffin, Nina & Stella.

by Anonymousreply 17October 31, 2018 2:04 AM

JL only has a recurring role on Bosch. He intends to remain on GH

by Anonymousreply 18October 31, 2018 2:05 AM

Really? You have no problem with rapist and serial killer Franco playing town hero/Ward Cleaver?

It's the same bullshit as the complaints with Stumpy. These pathetic men are not heroes.

by Anonymousreply 19October 31, 2018 2:08 AM

Franco hasn't been that way since his tumor was removed. He hasn't been a saint but he's done good things and nothing that bad. If it was the tumor he was sick. Why do I get the feeling it's Todd you hate.

by Anonymousreply 20October 31, 2018 2:18 AM

R19

Franco never raped anyone. Sonny did by the way.

Franco's kills were due to a brain tumor. Like it or not that's canon. He has turned his life around & worked to be a better man. He's also expressed remorse. He's not the first character to have a redemption arc.

Sonny, on the other hand, feels zero remorse, continues to murder/maim for $$$$ , is a hypocritical sanctimonious asshat that the show has been subjugated to. No one can ever call him on his shit & he gets biased writing. He murdered a legacy character & that character's son & mother has to smile & never act angry about it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 31, 2018 2:19 AM

I missed AJ's return. Is it common knowledge in PC that Sonny killed AJ? And how did he get away with it?

by Anonymousreply 22October 31, 2018 2:30 AM

Liz and Franco are supposed to have a November wedding or is it now back burnered til who knows when? It may as well be. I don't want to see an instant wedding pop up out nowhere with no prep or anticipation until the last second even if it's a small ceremony. Maybe they can rent some mannequins to play Webbers budget permitting.

by Anonymousreply 23October 31, 2018 2:38 AM

I heard the wedding is going to be postponed because of Kiki.

by Anonymousreply 24October 31, 2018 2:40 AM

I’d enjoy Spinelli’s death immensely. He is so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 25October 31, 2018 2:50 AM

If Spinelli dies, that only leaves Kristina to prop Jasam.

by Anonymousreply 26October 31, 2018 3:06 AM

R22

Every single person & their auntie knows Sonny murdered AJ.

by Anonymousreply 27October 31, 2018 3:07 AM

I need my Leisel back!!

by Anonymousreply 28October 31, 2018 3:22 AM

When is Nicholas Cassadine coming back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 31, 2018 6:33 AM

What floor does Nurse Jessie work on these days?

by Anonymousreply 30October 31, 2018 6:53 AM

Will Faison's Brain make a special appearance for Halloween?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 31, 2018 7:38 AM

For Halloween, I'm going as Nurse Jessie Brewer. (Nurse's outfit with sweater.) My friend is going as Nurse Lucille and another as her sister Nurse Audrey.

by Anonymousreply 32October 31, 2018 11:06 AM

Jessie’s blue sweater has a few holes in it. The moths have gotten to it over the years.

by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2018 12:48 PM

[quote] Jimmy Lee Holt’s bulging red bikini briefs

What the show really needs. A visit by Jimmy Lee, and then his son, a carbon copy of Jimmy's hairy, bulgy 80's heyday, stays behind.

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2018 12:59 PM

Billy Miller's now sharing the "starring" prominent end photo of the opening credits with JaSam. Looks like somebody signed a new contract with the show. SB's got to be pissed that it looks like this triangle is going to go on much longer and he's no longer the show's star.

by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2018 1:15 PM

R34 - I could get behind (or in front 😉) of that! Plus he’d be another Quartermaine to beef up their ranks being Jimmy Lee’s and I guess Celia’s son! Now just to figure out who could embody Jimmy Lee’s bulging, hairy legacy? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 36October 31, 2018 1:15 PM

Jessie’s blue sweater should be in the Smithsonian.

by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2018 5:02 PM

I really need to pay attention to today's opening credits, haven't caught any of the changes. Good for Billy if he got himself equal billing to whatshisface.

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2018 5:07 PM

There is such low energy on this show, it's ridiculous. I feel like half of them are asleep through scenes. Miller, Monaco, Burton, and Benard are the worst offenders.

I know she gets a lot of shit here, but while I don't particularly like her as Carly, Laura Wright is one that never phones it in and always puts the effort into scenes.

by Anonymousreply 39October 31, 2018 5:10 PM

Half the time I can't understand anything in Sam and Drew scenes. She's doing her sexy baby whisper while he's mumbling. Beyond ridiculous. KeMo has been on the front burner since she debuted and I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2018 5:18 PM

Whatever the behind the scene stuff there is involving SB's return, it really has affected KM. She has good days, and a lot of bad days on screen.

She goes from indifferent (good days) to borderline PO'ed (bad days). It especially shows in her face. I think she mumbles to hide her feelings from her performance.

by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2018 5:20 PM

I'm not a BM fan (the mumbling and truly phoning it in since Day 1 on GH), but I'll root for him over SB any day.

The fan fascination with fellow mumbler and zombie just going through the motions KM has always eluded me.

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2018 5:56 PM

Isn’t the issue KMo didn’t want SBu to return and prefers working with Billy? Some fans have even accused her of tanking scenes with SBu on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2018 7:49 PM

I half pay attention. So the Britch, who I do recognize, is different than Nina’s daughter who is different than the teacher. They all look alike.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2018 7:49 PM

I don't understand the fans accusing her of tanking scenes. She was the same way with Ingo and Maurice and Greg and Jason ... that's how she acts. I'm just sick of the Jason and Sam "will they or won't they?" every day.

by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2018 8:24 PM

The woman who Nina currently thinks is her daughter and the new teacher need to look alike as it's likely that the new daughter will turn out to be Nina's sister and the teacher will turn out to be Nina's daughter.

It doesn't help Britt (who is Nina's cousin) that they look so closely alike to her, but all the characters would be related.

by Anonymousreply 46October 31, 2018 9:02 PM

r46

I can see that happening, gives Nina insta family what with Nathan dead and cuckoo Aunt headed to jail.

Sasha did say it was just her and her mom, so Nina's dad had an affair and Sasha is the result. Willow the teacher lady will end up being seen wearing the half heart necklace and TA DA, Nina's character has has a sis and daughter and something to do especially if JPS leaves.

by Anonymousreply 47October 31, 2018 9:14 PM

[quote] Now just to figure out who could embody Jimmy Lee’s bulging, hairy legacy?

Whoever it is, he should be furry.

I wish they'd find someone like Scotty's insta son from a few years back, but with an actor who isn't such an asshole that they want to kill him off in a matter of months.

by Anonymousreply 48October 31, 2018 9:57 PM

It might be humorous if he WAS a furry.

But that's more Franco's style.

by Anonymousreply 49October 31, 2018 10:03 PM

[quote]Now just to figure out who could embody Jimmy Lee’s bulging, hairy legacy?

His name on that Disney show was 'tripod'.

He fucked Karrueche Tran and she said that he broke her puss.

Alderson would take him back in a minute if he would have her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 31, 2018 10:16 PM

[quote] It might be humorous if he WAS a furry.

I meant furry as in hairy. But Spinelli probably WOULD be a furry. So glad he's never on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 51October 31, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote] He fucked Karrueche Tran and she said that he broke her puss.

Hot dog down a hallway like hers? Doubtful he broke anything. Doubtful she even felt it in that cavern.

by Anonymousreply 52October 31, 2018 10:55 PM

Was Scott's insta-son played by Josh Duhon? He was a really sexy guy. Why'd they let him go?

by Anonymousreply 53October 31, 2018 11:17 PM

R53 Yes, that was him.

Supposedly there was some issue with him. Rumors that he either got verbally abusive or sexually abusive with an actress. I don't know how true those are but he seemed to come and go in the blink of an eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 31, 2018 11:21 PM

Thanks for those pics of Duhon. He looks like he would have thrown a great fuck.

by Anonymousreply 55October 31, 2018 11:32 PM

Josh Duhon has barely worked since GH fired him in late 2008. Didn't act again (at least in TV or movies) until 2014. Only a few episodic appearance since then.

As I recall, he was originally part of the MetroCourt siege storyline that also brought back Jerry Jacks as a criminal mastermind. They liked him and kept him around after that storyline, just like they did Jason Gerhard, who played Cooper Barrett. They eventually saw Josh had mannerisms similar to Kin Shriner. Thus they made him Scotty's son Logan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 31, 2018 11:39 PM

How long before Margo is riding on the Stumpy dick?

by Anonymousreply 57November 1, 2018 1:57 AM

Not long. Maurice requested to be paired with a much younger female...

by Anonymousreply 58November 1, 2018 2:22 AM

We are in #metoo R58. There is no way he would request that. He would be committing career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 59November 1, 2018 2:23 AM

I want my own episode, Frank.

by Anonymousreply 60November 1, 2018 2:33 AM

Jason Gerhardt still looks good. He's still getting some bit parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 1, 2018 4:22 AM

Gerhardt IN as nunuAdam!

by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2018 11:46 AM

Maura West is the "get" from another soap who I actually like on this show.

by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2018 2:15 PM

I think they're wasting MW on this ridiculous Kiki/Griffin story. I can't wait until Kiki is gone. The actress is as sleepy as KM.

by Anonymousreply 64November 1, 2018 3:28 PM

Will they give Ava another kid if Kiki is killed off? They could always invent a Franco/Ava spawn.

by Anonymousreply 65November 1, 2018 4:05 PM

Ava was great initially but seems to be spinning wheels lately.

by Anonymousreply 66November 1, 2018 7:20 PM

That ending was funny.

by Anonymousreply 67November 1, 2018 7:32 PM

Hate Maura West and her always smirking character. I hope Ryan kills her. Viscously

by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2018 9:35 PM

R68 here. I know how to spell. Stupid auto correct.

by Anonymousreply 69November 1, 2018 9:37 PM

I feel cheated that we aren't getting to see the actual kills. I know they won't do full on violence or gore, but a little light, campy horror would have been fun.

by Anonymousreply 70November 1, 2018 10:14 PM

There was a lot of outrage on other soap boards/forums over how graphic Sabrina's death was so I guess we won't see a lot of the details of Ryan's work, too bad, a little glimpse would add to the impact.

by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2018 12:42 AM

How did Sabrina die again? I cant believe I've forgotten already.

by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2018 1:23 AM

Paul Hornsby, Tracey's ex, stangled her.

What a waste of the actor Richard Burgi, he was good and should have been a lead on the show.

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2018 1:31 AM

^^^ "strangled"

by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2018 1:34 AM

The difference is, Sabrina was a nice person that people felt empathy for. The fans would have actually rooted for Mary Pat to get what's coming to her. They could have panned back and shown only the shadow of the knife plunging, or whatever, whilst accompanied by spooky music and blood curdling screams. I think you could get away with that much in the spirit of Halloween, at least.

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2018 1:36 AM

Yikes. GH sinking last in all demos in the most recent ratings. How long before Genie is gone again?

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2018 1:59 AM

I still can't believe they ruined Paul Hornsby AND wasted a stud like Burgi on a killer story.

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2018 2:21 AM

r77, do you think they care? This was the same team who turned Irene Manning into some sinister mastermind/supervillain.

by Anonymousreply 78November 2, 2018 3:07 AM

I agree, R67! Also, I can’t believe Mary Pat actually fit in the barrel, and fit deep enough for her head to float up disrupting the apples and giving Carly a fright! She was a healthy girl after all.

Re: ratings — I wonder why US soaps didn’t try and take a page from the UK soaps and give up afternoons, to show them after 7pm. Would have been worth a shot, no?

by Anonymousreply 79November 2, 2018 4:06 AM

Years ago (in the early 90s?) Y&R was shown two different times in primetime. I watched one (and I hadn't seen an episode in nearly a year), thinking I wouldn't know half the characters or what was going on, but I was appalled to see that many of the same stories were still grinding along. And Victor had a very long phone conversation discussing some of these goings on (who thought that was "must see?").

by Anonymousreply 80November 2, 2018 4:12 AM

R79 I think it was probably just her head in there. They'll probably find the rest of her soon.

by Anonymousreply 81November 2, 2018 4:20 AM

R73 Didn't they change the Hospital Killer storyline halfway thru? I think originally it was supposed to be Andre - then they decided they wanted to keep the actor so they rewrote it (like after two killings had been committed), and suddenly it was Paul Hornsby. And Burgi was pissed!

A total rewriting of that character, once a hero when on 20 years ago. Just like they changed the Rick Webber character. It would almost be like if suddenly Dr. Hardy was a serial killer. So stupid... and LAZY WRITING!

by Anonymousreply 82November 2, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote] It would almost be like if suddenly Dr. Hardy was a serial killer.

Tell me about it!

by Anonymousreply 83November 2, 2018 4:46 AM

R82

You are correct. The killer was supposed to be Andre but then FV decided he wanted to keep him.

Such stupidity considering Paul's ties across the canvas vs Andre who was a nobody.

by Anonymousreply 84November 2, 2018 8:59 AM

I don't know about his "budget handling", but Frank is a god awful EP in terms of any vision or driving force to a show. He seems to love to stand behind writers and let the success or failure of the show be pinned on them. I am assuming he's just a "safe" choice because ABC has allowed him to get away with this shit for 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 85November 2, 2018 11:37 AM

Thanks R80 - I think I vaguely remember that - but I thought it was supposed to be a once off? I just wondered why there wasn’t a more concerted push. The demographics of soaps have changed in that, there really isn’t the stereotypical housewife home alone during the day, watching her “stories”. I’m sure it would be cheaper for networks then the crap on now plus the ones who watch would be home from work too. Wouldn’t have to be every day either - like the Brit soaps are only 3 or 4 days a week - another cost saver I would think. Anyway, was just a thought.

R81 - I didn’t even think of that! That makes more sense.

R83 - thank you! I forgot about Burt AKA Mr Big! I can still picture him, in his hospital bed, writing the orders on his legal pad lol

I agree with everyone - switching from Andre to Paul as the Hospital Killer was beyond stupid. I guess they decided they needed him around for the Jason/Drew storyline. Could have worked with him in prison or Ferncliffe - the WSB is always making deals for cooperation OR if in Ferncliffe, he could be the one to finally figure out Ryan is Kevin, saved some lives, got a pardon as we know that happens too.

I’m still holding out hope Ryan offs more than just Mary Pat and Kiki 🤞🏻But these writers don’t seem interested in long storylines anymore - everything is wrapped up, however lazily and sloppily, in time to culminate during the regulars sweeps weeks.

Still can’t see how Kevin will come back from having hidden, sheltered his brother for 25 years especially now that he’s on another killing spree.

Those in the know - when the soaps do finally go, what could FV do? I agree, he’s not a good EP so can’t see him transitioning to nighttime dramas.

by Anonymousreply 86November 2, 2018 12:28 PM

Valentini IN as EP of Y&R

by Anonymousreply 87November 2, 2018 12:33 PM

I wasn't really familiar with the Paul character in his original run, but he was never a good guy. I thought the character was more a bad guy who falls the good girl Jenny before written off. Making characters suddenly crazy murderers is hardly ever believable.

by Anonymousreply 88November 2, 2018 2:03 PM

OLTL had a nighttime episode in June 1998 to end the hostage story. It was good but I think they used film instead of tape and it was off-putting. It didn't look or feel like the regular soap. I also think it's an insult to daytime viewers to conclude a huge story at night when maybe some people couldn't see it. Yes, there were VCRs but not everyone had one. If a daytime soap is going to do an episode at night I think it should be a stand alone episode and not the big ending to a running storyline.

by Anonymousreply 89November 2, 2018 3:09 PM

Does anyone here really know why those in charge at GH don’t change it up in light of diminishing ratings/demos? Fraus and other viewers can’t really be all that invested in screenhogs MB, SB, LW, KeMo and the rest if ratings are plunging. I gotta admit, I don’t watch regularly anymore but I love Kevin/Ryan, Laura, Liz (w/o Franco), and Monica (even though I find her face kinda scary). But all the One Lifers gotta go. Maura West has got to go. The teens have got to go. The mobsters and family have to go (but keep Diane and give her something else to do). Wholesale change and Ryan’s just the man to do it!

by Anonymousreply 90November 2, 2018 4:52 PM

r90, because ABC doesn't care that much anymore. They will likely have no problem canceling it.

by Anonymousreply 91November 2, 2018 4:55 PM

Ratings are down because Stumpy does not have a hot young pussy to fuck. The fraus love to see that hot stud getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 92November 2, 2018 4:56 PM

Friday’s show was ridiculous. I can’t get that hour back. Laura can’t see through Ryan? Genie came back for this? Why the fuck is Frank Valentini still employed?

by Anonymousreply 93November 2, 2018 7:53 PM

[R93]

The S/Ls this past year have been dependent on the characters leaving their brains somewhere else. These writers are relentless in dumbing people down to get from plot point to plot point.

by Anonymousreply 94November 2, 2018 8:15 PM

According to these spoilers, Finn receives a message from Hayden during Nov sweeps (it's listed after the weekly break downs). I would welcome this as I find Finn/Anna snooze inducing, more chemistry with Alexis actually. Haven't heard any rumors of Rebecca Buddig's return, I can't imagine she comes cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 2, 2018 8:39 PM

So Ryan is going to try and frame Carly? Boring.

by Anonymousreply 96November 2, 2018 9:42 PM

Oh god! So the whole Ryan thing is just to give another huge story to LW! No wonder the ratings are going down with this shit. WTF does LW have something on at ABC that they give her most of the show and give her BF the rest????????????? She has sucked since Loving.

by Anonymousreply 97November 2, 2018 10:10 PM

It was revealed today that Valentin & Sasha are in cahoots. She's not Nina's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 98November 2, 2018 10:29 PM

So then guess it's the teacher. For some reason Nina has to have an already grown daughter.

by Anonymousreply 99November 2, 2018 11:10 PM

Literally everyone predicted Sasha wasn't Nina's daughter. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 100November 2, 2018 11:13 PM

[quote]For some reason Nina has to have an already grown daughter.

Nina was in a coma for 20 years. Her mother put her into that coma via a drug that was supposed to abort the baby. That's part of Nina's established history.

Likewise, she's been in town for 4 years.

There's no way that child could still be a teen. Nina's child has to be at least 24 years old.

by Anonymousreply 101November 3, 2018 12:17 AM

I get why the daughter wouldn't be a kid. I just don't get what the purpose of her having a daughter at all is, other than maybe someone wants the actress who plays the teacher to have a big part on the show.

by Anonymousreply 102November 3, 2018 12:43 AM

[quote]I just don't get what the purpose of her having a daughter at all is

Nina has very limited potential for storylines at this point. The child turning out to be alive is one of those dangling plotpoints the show hasn't dealt with yet.

by Anonymousreply 103November 3, 2018 12:54 AM

[quote]Does anyone here really know why those in charge at GH don’t change it up in light of diminishing ratings/demos?

I know. There are three things at work here.

1) Focus groups via ABC research

Network testing continues to play a huge role in storyline and character direction. This testing has evolved over the years, but the goal is to grow the audience by focusing on what would make a new viewer want to tune in.

2) Fan feedback from official ABC sanctioned websites and message boards

The behind the scenes staff pay close attention to what is discussed on official message boards, websites, and social media. They also pay some attention to those boards that will play ball with them. You know the ones, they have been around a while and often are in quid pro quo relationships with the networks to a degree.

3) The Soap Press

Talk about quid pro quo. The real soap press is almost non existent. They are terrified of giving accurate critiques because the networks will cut them off. But, when they do get the nerve to post a fair, but critical piece they will pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 104November 3, 2018 1:12 AM

I mute all Nina and Valentin scenes. They are pointless and boring. No chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 105November 3, 2018 1:55 AM

So if this is what the focus groups and soap board fans want to see how come the ratings keep getting worse?

by Anonymousreply 106November 3, 2018 2:10 AM

[quote]There's no way that child could still be a teen. Nina's child has to be at least 24 years old.

Oh please.

by Anonymousreply 107November 3, 2018 7:48 AM

R79 I believe that Pop tv network has run same day episodes of the soaps in primetime slots although not GH because the "mouse" allegedly didn't want to do a deal with Pop. They eventually end up cancelling Days on their network because it kept losing almost half the audience of its lead in show and reruns of old shows were doing better than Days.

R104 has a point about the soap press back when Days "killed off" gay Will Horton one of the ways Days dealt with the backlash they were receiving was by eventually telling the soap press that they couldn't really ask questions about Will and or why he was "killed off" because if they tried to they would lose access to speak to or interview the other actors on the show.

There was a recent rumor that one or two of the 4 soaps have been pushing the soap press into giving their show(s) lots of positive coverage including on terrible storylines and another rumor that one of the 4 soaps has hired a couple of pr hacks to go hard online in shilling for one of the actors on their show and to shill for all the storylines they are involved in.

There has been talk going around that there are some at ABC,NBC and CBS daytime who will almost do anything thing they can to certain people involved with their soaps until they can no longer protect those individuals.

by Anonymousreply 108November 3, 2018 8:31 AM

POP has slo dropped B&B now.

by Anonymousreply 109November 3, 2018 1:05 PM

*ALSO

by Anonymousreply 110November 3, 2018 1:06 PM

R109

That must be new b/c I taped B&B off of POP just this week due to an interruption.

by Anonymousreply 111November 3, 2018 1:22 PM

R104

Yes ABC/GH do focus groups but that still doesn't mean FV listens to it .

SourceRyan (among others) have said the 2 pairings with the highest FG scores are Franco/Liz and Julian/Alexis.

Franco/Liz get no airtime or focus and Julian/Alexis haven't been reunited for 2 years.

FV would rather push washed up Mo, overbearing Carly, robotic Jason & boy toy Wes while needlessly adding to his cast of 100.

by Anonymousreply 112November 3, 2018 1:29 PM

Franco gets no airtime?

LMFAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 113November 3, 2018 1:43 PM

TBH Franco really doesn't get a TON of airtime. I read a rumor that Howarth only wants to work, like, two times a week or less - which is annoying since the only time they really show Liz is when she's with Franco.

If anyone is soaking up airtime, it's Stafford who is on practically every day.

by Anonymousreply 114November 3, 2018 3:00 PM

I wonder if part of the problem is that Howarth still lives in Manhattan and only goes to LA to work, or maybe he's just lazy.

by Anonymousreply 115November 3, 2018 3:04 PM

R113

He's not in the top 10 episode counts. He was on 1 day this week for a total of 1 minute

One day last week. Anyone saying Franco/Liz get airtime are just spewing agenda. Her teen son is getting more airtime.

The air hogs are Sonny, Carly, Jason, Peter and to a slightly less degree Sam Nina, Drew

by Anonymousreply 116November 3, 2018 3:05 PM

Just like with some people with political agendas, facts mean nothing to the people who claim Howarth and Easton are air hogs. You can tell them the truthful facts till you're blue in the face and they will still insist these two get a lot of air time. I wonder how people do that, only believe what's in their heads and never the truth and have no interest in even seeking the truth.

by Anonymousreply 117November 3, 2018 3:11 PM

Stop with the bullshit. They are ALL problems. From Stumpy and the Borg down to Howarth, Easton and Stafford. Arguing back and forth about episode counts and specific terms is so moronic. Frank cannot properly run a show, and the current incarnation has no connection to General Hospital as it should be nor does it have any real identity or direction.

by Anonymousreply 118November 3, 2018 3:15 PM

How is it bullshit. How can characters who are hardly seen ruin a show compared to those who are on at least 4 days a week and for most of each of those shows? You might as well say Nurse Amy is ruining the show. Then they have the horribly annoying characters who can't act for shit like Maxie and Lulu. They aren't on as much but drag down the episodes they are on. The show needs a huge overhaul and either ABC or FV won't do it. I never put much into focus groups but maybe they should listen.

by Anonymousreply 119November 3, 2018 3:22 PM

It is bullshit, because again, they are all parts of the problem. Even if the "episode count" airhogs were eliminated tomorrow, what would that leave you? No aspect of this show is stable or reliable. The fact that anyone can sit there and say Frank's hiring and pushing of pets from other shows doesn't add to the overall shit system is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 120November 3, 2018 3:27 PM

Let's face it, GH and Y&R are in their death throes. Every move the producers make reeks of desperation. They can't decide whether they want to please the old viewers or attract new ones. The start to introduce a "modern" story but then pull back because the older audience may reject it. They bring in bad actors, flash-in-the-pan stories, while cutting back on sets, favorites (e.g., treatment of Genie Francis), and good writers. It would take a modern-day Gloria Monty -- someone who could recharge the genre to bring in new viewers while keeping the faithful viewers tuning in. That's not Frank or Mal, evidently.

by Anonymousreply 121November 3, 2018 3:32 PM

Even though it is irrational and not based in anything real, I sort of get why the OLTL transplants annoy GH fans. But it is odd that they go on about Howarth and Easton with their one or two episodes a week and not mention Phyllis Stafford. The ultimate problem with GH is an unsolvable one and one that the audience has complained about for a long time now. The two leads of the show are a mobster (who doesn't run guns, drugs, or girls) and a paid assassin with special needs and that's what the audience wants. Because if they didn't want that, then why did Frank bring them back to prominence?

by Anonymousreply 122November 3, 2018 4:16 PM

Do some of you simply read these posts selectively? Stafford is trashed just as much as Easton and Howarth as well as Benard/Wright/Burton. I don't see ANY posts where these people are praised so the fighting over this is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 123November 3, 2018 4:36 PM

I have to laugh at anyone who claims Howarth or Easton are FV's pets. It certainly doesn't translate on screen.And piss off that they came from another soap.

If that's a litmus test then so did MB, NLG, LW, MS, JPS, KM, BM,WdV, KSt etc....

GH has a talented cast but it desperately needs balance. Unless you're part of the Mob Squad you get sporadic airtime & crumbs for story.

Nobody should be on 3-4 days a week 52 weeks a year. And likewise no one should disappear for 7-10 days.

by Anonymousreply 124November 3, 2018 4:51 PM

r124, how you can say Easton isn't an FV pet is mind-boggling.

FV gave him FOUR characters on this show, brought him back after being fired, has now given him an insta-family...not to mention the legacy of pimping on OLTL for 9 years.

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 125November 3, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]a paid assassin with special needs

This made me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 126November 3, 2018 5:35 PM

When MB, SB, LW and LW's plus one Parking Lot Peter appear on my screen is when I run the vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 127November 3, 2018 6:41 PM

R125

I don't give a flying fuck about Easton's airtime on OLTL. On GH he is not an air hog by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 128November 3, 2018 7:22 PM

Burton, Wright, and Benard are the THREE BIGGEST issues on the show.

2018 has been the worst year of this show out of the Valentini's years...THE WORST, and that's saying a lot considering how bad it has been under his reign. Nothing comes to close. It's nice the show has collectively taken a complete nose dive since Burton's return as Jason.

by Anonymousreply 129November 3, 2018 8:09 PM

[quote]...paid assassin with special needs

[R122] and [R126], I loved when Marcus Taggert would call him "Jason Quarterbrain."

by Anonymousreply 130November 3, 2018 10:13 PM

In today's PC climate that would probably cause an outrage. PC does seem to have an overabundance of brain problems, though, doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 131November 3, 2018 10:34 PM

I used to love Taggert, Scotty and Jason scenes. They always looked like they were trying not to laugh. I remember them calling him "Anger Boy".

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2018 12:29 AM

[quote] The real soap press is almost non existent. They are terrified of giving accurate critiques because the networks will cut them off. But, when they do get the nerve to post a fair, but critical piece they will pay attention

No soap press whatsoever anymore.

Digest didn't report on a recent behind the scenes controversy. They never will again.

Shows will all be dead in 2-3 more years.

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2018 12:43 AM

If you're going to keep Michelle Stafford on this show, give her something to do. She and Maura West should be doing Jill&Kay-style bitchfests twice a month. She should be cunting all over town.

by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2018 12:53 AM

Stafford is boring, awkward and has chemistry with no one. Nina sucks. Her leaving could free up so much money.

by Anonymousreply 135November 4, 2018 1:04 AM

Has The Staff always been so dull since she joined GH?

Not that her Phyllis was any better -- Staff seems to be a one-note actress.

by Anonymousreply 136November 4, 2018 1:09 AM

Gina T made me love Phyllis

by Anonymousreply 137November 4, 2018 1:48 AM

Staff's employment is secure, she is FV's #1 fan and cheerleader, constant rah-rah. LW is Co-Captain of the cheer leading squad.

by Anonymousreply 138November 4, 2018 1:51 AM

r128, if you bothered to READ before you start foaming out the mouth, it was an example of why Easton is clearly an FV pet and has been for quite some time. Go back to calculating your episode counts.

by Anonymousreply 139November 4, 2018 2:04 AM

Pets get more than one or two episodes every other week.

by Anonymousreply 140November 4, 2018 2:08 AM

For a pet Easton sure is invisible. What is he shown, 3 or 4 times a month? Pretty much the same with Howarth. I can believe the one who plays Nina is a pet but no one was ever more pets than the awful 3 of Sonny, Carly and Jason. Now another huge story for Carly is coming up. If I ff any more of the show I might as well not even record and watch anymore.

by Anonymousreply 141November 4, 2018 2:31 AM

You people do realize that actors have guarantees in their contracts, yes? Some of them HAVE to be played regardless of any "pet" status.

by Anonymousreply 142November 4, 2018 2:56 AM

R142

No shit Sherlock.

The point is quit giving MB, LW, SB, WR,,etc...such high guarantees. Balance the show.

by Anonymousreply 143November 4, 2018 4:45 AM

Anyone know if there's a new AMC thread?

by Anonymousreply 144November 4, 2018 6:01 AM

r143, send a letter to ABC

by Anonymousreply 145November 4, 2018 11:55 AM

I agree with 99% of what has been posted here, and in the previous GH threads. I’ve been watching since I was a young gayling in the early 80’s (anyone else remember watching GH at 3pm, then Edge of Night at 4pm?), so I remember Luke & Laura on the run, the introduction of the Cassadines, Jason’s birth, Crain Tolliver, Anna and her fake scar, Nanny MacTavish, Celia and Jimmy Lee, etc, etc.. As such, I have to say it’s been sad and annoying watching the decline of GH - and the worst has been seen in 2018. If GH is on life support, then FV is doing his part as Dr Kevorkian in speeding along its demise.

It’s clear the writers and producers don’t care about show and character history; they don’t care about developing plots and stories - everything must now be played out in a few week arc; holes in any story are ignored, and any unsuccessful stories are just dropped without explanation. The actors and actresses that should be utilized are back burnered with stupid storylines, while the ones with hardly any talent are front and center no matter if the story makes sense for the character or not.

• Sonny being described as the local mob boss of PC originally after having taken over the Frank Smith territory. Being counseled not to go after certain rivals (the Balkan, the Cassidines) because they’re more powerful and could crush him. Suddenly he’s been morphed into the most powerful mob boss on the East Coast - but he doesn’t run drugs or women. Yeah right. Oh and of course, he’s untouchable and everyone forgets his “work” but loves him anyway. I do remember and loved when Patrick was all “I don’t want him around our daughter, he’s a murderer” to sanctimonious fat Robin, but everyone else seems ok with that. Every other soap mob boss has setbacks, gets taken down, rises again, has real enemies in town, is loved and hated, etc. but not here. It’s gone beyond ridiculous now.

• The Jason/Drew mess - come on! I still cannot believe Drew has expressed ZERO interest in who raised him, how they got him, etc.. Jason is still Jason but now apparently has learned emotion in Russia as he seems to have gotten much closer than he’s been in 20 years with Monica. I still say it would be much more interesting to have had SB turn out to be Drew and BM remain Jason. As it is, this whole inept story has me flashing back to OLTL and the Todd/VictorJr story with Irene as the super spy chief. Should we expect the resurrection of Susan Moore as some chief of a rogue DVX or WSB agency behind it all before Tomas Delgado-or is he really Lorenzo Alcazar-aided by Finn and Anna bring her down???

• The Ryan/Kevin shitshow we’re watching. Is Laura really this stupid and at the same time running for mayor? As I said before, if Ryan only winds up killing Mary Pat and Kiki I am not going to be happy. I’ve got a whole list of the annoying and unnecessary characters Ryan needs to dispatch. And how will Kevin come back from having hidden his supposed dead serial killer brother for 25 years??

• The Oscar/Joss/Cameron triangle with guest appearances by Spencer. Just make it all stop. While we’re at it, are they really making Aiden into a tranny? Unbelievable.

• Valentine - such a wasted opportunity! They could have made him a much better and complex character - one that did bad things, but all in the name of protecting those he loved. They could have made him and Nina a great contrasting rival couple to Sonny and Carly. But no, let’s just make him responsible for every evil action we can - “killing” Nikolas, drug running and jewel thieving with Cassandra, stealing Anna’s Faison baby, playing mind games with Alexis, and now paying Sasha to pretend to be Nina’s daughter? Beyond disappointing.

• The WEHT stories - Nurse Amy’s PTSD amputee brother; Sean still in prison for a murder Julian committed; Heather and Betsy’s roles in Drew’s youth; how did Faison and Helena know Drew was Jason’s twin; who is the mother of Lucas and Brad’s dead baby; etc., etc..

And so much more...

by Anonymousreply 146November 4, 2018 2:54 PM

The Brad/Nelle/Lucas/Michael baby thing is off to me. Just a total waste. They give the Nelle actress a big storyline when she's walking out the door and clearly the actor who plays Lucas isn't available all that much. So all we see is Brad and his wide-eyed stare whenever he's around Michael. It makes zero sense. We actually need Lucas and Nelle onscreen for this story to move along.

by Anonymousreply 147November 4, 2018 3:17 PM

Pets in the old days were on all the time.

I think some of these shows have two layers of pets now.

On GH you have the forever front burner pets: Stumpy, Snaggletooth Carly, Original Jason and Sam. Peter. They're on seemingly 24/7.

The second tier pets aren't so much about airtime. It's about these people having a contract or steady job. So even in the cases where it seems like they should be gone, or have no story, they're around. That would be whatever character Easton is playing now, The Staff, Maura West, Nancy Lee, Billy Miller.

I'm sure people have names to add to this list or change, but my point was it's not always amount the most airtime per se. I think some of these people probably agree to low salaries and/or low guarantees in order to continue having a job, but those folks taking up space is just as much of an impact as the screen time hogs, because that means X veteran can't come back, or that other stories sit wilting on the vine because Frank brings in yet another newbie to start a new story and plug the gaps.

by Anonymousreply 148November 4, 2018 3:51 PM

I think GH is done next fall. It feels like they are slowing moving Jason and Sonny out of the mob business - which will consume the last months of the show. Anna will leave before the end.

by Anonymousreply 149November 4, 2018 3:56 PM

Agree there are two tiers of Pets. I absolutely loathe the everyday first string tier/quad of Stammering Sonny, Snarly, Snarly's Real Life Plus One and MonavieSteve.

The second string (as named in r148) is being eaten up by huge salaries with little return on investment namely The Staff. At least Maura is talented and isn't constantly on social media fawning over FV like LW and MS. I don't think BM is a pet as much as I think his people negotiated a heck of a deal with stern penalties and continue to negotiate in manner that would cost GH money and reputation if they don't comply and add to that BM and KeMo have probably formed some kind of alliance/pact ala Survivor that pretty much says eff with one of us you eff with both of us and the result won't be pretty. BM and KeMo actually don't want to be there in my opinion but since this show won't be around for more than another year, they probably figure hey I can tolerate this for another year of steady income.

So to summarize, all the money being p!ssed away on these pets and no money for vets or better writers or development.

by Anonymousreply 150November 4, 2018 4:14 PM

All these new young cast members, it’s turning into Friends. I already hate dull Sasha. I miss evil Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 151November 4, 2018 4:18 PM

I could not agree with R148 any less. It is about air time. If you are playing the same 4 characters in front burner storylines 4 days a week, then you don't have room for other characters and stories. GH has been about the mob and then whatever else is left for almost 20 years now, with a brief break when Ron was writing.

[quote]I think some of these people probably agree to low salaries and/or low guarantees in order to continue having a job, but those folks taking up space is just as much of an impact as the screen time hogs, because that means X veteran can't come back

You may not like it but Mumbles, Snaggle, Short bus, Tits, and Gas Station are all vets now. So is NLG. What vets can't come back? Laura's back. Scotty and Bobbie are on from time to time. Who else are you looking for who isn't dead in real life?

With the exception of Maura West, I don't understand what purpose Easton, Howarth, and Staff serve, but Easton and Howarth aren't air hogs. And whatever Easton and Howarth and Staff cost, they didn't have to fire a bunch of people including a beloved Genie Francis to pay their salaries like a certain Jesus freak who gets flown in from Tennessee and who tanked on another soap.

So just stop it with this tiers nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 152November 4, 2018 4:19 PM

Stafford was just a name grab. Nina would have been gone a long time go if the character was played by anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 153November 4, 2018 5:20 PM

R152 you make no sense. You pretty much said the exact same thing and yet say you disagree.

Have another cocktail, honey.

by Anonymousreply 154November 4, 2018 8:38 PM

R144 here's the new AMC/OLTL thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 4, 2018 8:46 PM

R150

BM's new contract should've kicked in in October.

If GH kow tow'd to him they are crazy. The man refuses to act. He sleepwalks thru every episode & basically grunts. They should've low balled his ass & cut his minimums at the very least. I'd have written his ass off.

Other actors may not be happy with their story direction but they at least show up, look awake & sell what's on the pafe.

by Anonymousreply 156November 4, 2018 9:45 PM

Page not pafe.

by Anonymousreply 157November 4, 2018 9:46 PM

I don't disagree about BM's acting r156 and I'll add his mumbling to me always sounds like he has a mouth full of chewing tobacco. I just believe he has been able to hold something over their heads at ABC to be able to get away with his half assed performance. It makes me believe the rumors that it was in his initial contract that if SB came back, there was some kind of bonus or penalty paid to him and that clause must have covered any subsequent contracts he signed (I know he only signs one year at a time). Maybe cheaper to keep him than to pay out the penalty and cut him loose and he is taking full advantage of it and the steady income.

by Anonymousreply 158November 4, 2018 11:05 PM

GH played themselves with Burton's return. They thought there would be less push back from their "star lady" Kelly. Welp.

by Anonymousreply 159November 4, 2018 11:07 PM

R159 has an inflated idea of what soap actors can put in their contracts these days. It might have been true during the heyday of soaps, but it's very unlikely now. Don't believe every rumor you here! ABC can still drop him at 13 week intervals.

by Anonymousreply 160November 4, 2018 11:09 PM

If they dropped BM, Twitter would go up in flames. The "Killy" fans would burn the studio to the ground. I think they're worse than the "JaSam"/"Stelly" people. Even though it is pretty fun watching the two fanbases fight all day. And Kelly plays right into it.

by Anonymousreply 161November 4, 2018 11:13 PM

I think they should drop Sam and just let Jason and Drew get a room.

by Anonymousreply 162November 4, 2018 11:15 PM

I too believe Billy's crazy agent has something over Frank & company. She also manages Maura and Emme but you would never know it because she is oddly obsessed with him. I take it that she did orchestrate some crazy deal that puts him in a pretty decent position $$$ on the show.

by Anonymousreply 163November 4, 2018 11:28 PM

Yep, I do believe ABC's knee jerk reaction to SB leaving and needing to show SB they could survive with out him caused them to give into whatever BM's mgmt demanded thinking it would pay off in spades. Now they're stuck with this sleepy mumbler AND they are paying SB to fly back and forth from where ever he lives. Wasn't part of the reason SB originally left was he wanted his travel paid and JFP at Y&R agreed to meet the demand when GH wouldn't? Joke is on you GH, smh.

by Anonymousreply 164November 4, 2018 11:43 PM

Billy's problem is an age old one. He doesn't want to be on soaps, but he also needs to pay the bills because the non soap gigs can't support a certain lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 165November 4, 2018 11:58 PM

On the subject of paying the bills: I was reading on KellyThiebaud's (Britt) twitter that when she left GH and moved to NYC she worked as a cocktail waitress to make ends meet for awhile and customers recognized her of course. Julie Berman (ex-Lulu) chimed in on the tweet that she worked as a Hostess after she left GH. I guess Julie reallllly didn't want to be on GH anymore. Anyway, I was surprised to read both these things but give them much credit for doing what they needed to do.

by Anonymousreply 166November 5, 2018 12:04 AM

Tamara also mentioned that she was still on call at the hotel she worked at back when she was Carly and even went in for a shift a few months after she'd already been on the show.

by Anonymousreply 167November 5, 2018 12:13 AM

Burton moved his family back to CA. That was always an excuse as to why he left GH in the first place because of his "family" WHINE WHINE. JFP, his LOVER....already had a job set up for him at YR. Lo and behold months later he was on the YR set. Burton is all about the money and no he hasn't done shit for the show since his return. It was BETTER without him.

by Anonymousreply 168November 5, 2018 12:17 AM

Sometimes I watch Jason and Robin scenes on YT and I can't believe it's the same person. He truly does not give a fuck anymore.

by Anonymousreply 169November 5, 2018 12:21 AM

Dolt may be phoning it in since his return, but he is still pretty to look at. I just wish they would update the wardrobe. Him and KeMo look like they stepped out of 1999 with their leather jackets.

by Anonymousreply 170November 5, 2018 12:28 AM

The bigger issue is the non existent chemistry between the two on screen.

by Anonymousreply 171November 5, 2018 12:29 AM

They've never had chemistry but I guess TPTB ran out of men for Sam back then.

by Anonymousreply 172November 5, 2018 12:31 AM

Thank you R170! Not only do the two of them look like they stepped out of the 90’s, SB is pushing 50 at this point so he looks ridiculous in his black t-shirt, black jeans, black leather jacket ensemble at his age. I actually thought he was going to say something when his kid said he was dressed as him Halloween especially after he had the convo with Sam about never wanting his kids in his business. But no. Everyone smiles as if the kid dressed up as his dad, the fireman or similar vs his dad, the contract killer with more bodies than Helena, Faison, Ryan combined.

by Anonymousreply 173November 5, 2018 1:48 AM

Besides the costume, wtf was up with Jason not being able to use a KNIFE?

by Anonymousreply 174November 5, 2018 1:51 AM

Burton looks sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 175November 5, 2018 12:07 PM

Steve Burton is the kind of "hot" you get when fraus who think Cheesecake Factory is fine dining pick out a hot guy to lust over.

Billy Miller was hot when he was on Y&R, but he's either totally unhappy at GH or is drinking himself into bloated apathy.

by Anonymousreply 176November 5, 2018 12:47 PM

r176, Billy was also bloated and mumbling at Y&R. So I doubt it was anything to do with GH specifically.

by Anonymousreply 177November 5, 2018 12:52 PM

Billy is one of those goombah types who is always one cheeseburger away from morbid obesity. He has to work really hard to stay thin when it really is a total losing battle. Genetics always win in the fat game.

by Anonymousreply 178November 5, 2018 2:22 PM

I agree that the network must be scanning soap boards to see reaction mainly because of what happened when they wrote Laura off back in 2002- people who had "sources" were throwing out hints that it was going to turn out that Amy was molested by Rick. The fans hit the roof about that and instead the story suddenly turned into Rick the serial adulterer.

But if the network really is using soap boards to judge reaction, strange that they haven't gotten the hint that SoapZone, which used to have massive traffic, is now down to a handful of posters talking about the show.

by Anonymousreply 179November 5, 2018 2:33 PM

r179, none of the networks care that much about soaps anymore to go scanning message boards for reactions, spoilers, or anything for that matter. It's not 1995.

by Anonymousreply 180November 5, 2018 2:36 PM

My guess is that the DA Margo/Chloe/Maggie/Frankie turns out to be Stammering Sonny's sister. They're making it look like she'll be Scully's daughter but I think the twist will be she's Mike's and of course he can't remember. Or maybe I'm just giving the writers too much credit for being able to come up with a twist. The D.A. being the mobster's sis could bring more story lines for the Stammerer which, as we know, is always the objective more/all/everything about him and his little trio.

by Anonymousreply 181November 5, 2018 7:28 PM

I can't believe people are still paying for SoapZone.

by Anonymousreply 182November 5, 2018 7:57 PM

Wow SoapZone is still a thing. I also check for Media Domain soaps, but that is gone.

by Anonymousreply 183November 5, 2018 8:05 PM

Interesting idea, R181.

by Anonymousreply 184November 5, 2018 8:38 PM

Most of those boards have chased away any sane users, either from a few trolls ruining everything or the moderators having their own pets and a bunch of rules. Soap Central doesn't seem to let new users on and the fat, petty queen at Soap Opera Network seems to have issues.

Other than being here I check out the Disqus comments over at Daytime Confidential and that's all the more I have time or patience for any more.

by Anonymousreply 185November 5, 2018 8:39 PM

If the people behind the scenes are checking anything, it's Twitter. And that's a big if because if you go through the GH hashtag, you'll see that most people hate Sonny and Carly so clearly they're not listening.

by Anonymousreply 186November 5, 2018 8:42 PM

R178 - every once in a while, I see BM on screen and think “wow! he reminds me of a less fat Kevin James”

by Anonymousreply 187November 5, 2018 11:00 PM

So many different soap boards back in the day. I used to frequent so many. I’m sure most of them don’t exist anymore. I used to enjoy Mediadomain although their spoilers could be hit or miss. Remember Wubs.net or Daytime Dish? Wasn’t DD the one that started charging membership fees for their spoilers? I didn’t even realize Soap Central was still around. Haven’t read it or Daytime Confidential in years.

by Anonymousreply 188November 6, 2018 4:44 AM

Is Miss Jamey Giddens still around? Or did he finally explode?

by Anonymousreply 189November 6, 2018 6:39 AM

giddens got a writing/producing job with will packer/oprah. His show is called Ambitions

by Anonymousreply 190November 6, 2018 10:14 AM

The old AOL boards/chatrooms were the shit. I remember the OLTL actors used to come into the chatrooms.

by Anonymousreply 191November 6, 2018 11:55 AM

Kim Mc is directing an episode of The Connors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192November 6, 2018 11:57 AM

On yesterday's GH, the dimpled Don had fresh shoe polish on his hair to cover the gray for his scene with the much younger DA. They made bodily contact, yelled and screamed at each other and I could see already they will be in the sack; of course her being another sibling of Sonny's works too. Just what the show needs - more Corinthos blood.

by Anonymousreply 193November 6, 2018 1:31 PM

Studly Stumpy needs to get some ho pregnant. That will bring the fraus back to watch.

by Anonymousreply 194November 6, 2018 1:40 PM

Britt really does resemble Sasha.

NuJordan has not grown on me.

Willow actress is confirmed on contract, how long before her half heart necklace is shown I wonder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 6, 2018 6:08 PM

They tested her with Chase and Michael today.

by Anonymousreply 196November 6, 2018 7:31 PM

I think I like her better with Michael, maybe because CD is a better actor.

Anyone catch what Anna said about vampires to Finn and what his response was? Hate when I miss history references.

by Anonymousreply 197November 6, 2018 7:43 PM

I think he said "That was ridiculous." It went by quickly.

by Anonymousreply 198November 6, 2018 7:46 PM

Thanks r198, lol.

I'm also enjoying Britt's snark, her referring to Anna and Finn as "Double O Mary Poppins and Porcupine", LOL. I wish we could keep Kelly T.

by Anonymousreply 199November 6, 2018 7:49 PM

Hey, that DOCTOR Porcupine!

by Anonymousreply 200November 6, 2018 7:51 PM

My bad DOC, many apologies, all due respect.

by Anonymousreply 201November 6, 2018 8:02 PM

And I never thought I was a vampire. Don't even think it. That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 202November 6, 2018 9:22 PM

Nurse Ingles gave good head.

by Anonymousreply 203November 6, 2018 10:10 PM

I think Willow and Michael clicked onscreen together. The actors have chemistry and it would make a better pairing than her and Chase.

by Anonymousreply 204November 6, 2018 10:25 PM

Chase has a wonky eye.

by Anonymousreply 205November 6, 2018 10:26 PM

I liked her okay with Michael but all I can think about is Carly eventually ripping her to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 206November 6, 2018 10:32 PM

They're saving Chase to comfort Lucas after Brad crashes and burns.

by Anonymousreply 207November 6, 2018 10:36 PM

R206 You mean when Carly starts shreking about how Willow isn't good enough for her Michael.

by Anonymousreply 208November 6, 2018 10:41 PM

Too bad Finn said that since his Caleb the vampire is my favorite of all his characters and I'm one of those who really likes Finn.

by Anonymousreply 209November 6, 2018 11:07 PM

This election hacking story is so hilariously bad.

by Anonymousreply 210November 6, 2018 11:08 PM

I honestly can’t tell if the guy playing Chase is playing him all awkward, overly earnest, eager like a puppy on purpose OR if he’s just not terribly good?

So is it the consensus that Willow will turn out to be Nina’s real daughter? Any theories on why she’s in a bereavement support group?

I noticed that too R195 - due to Sasha’s connection to Valentine, anyone think she’ll turn out to be a Faison? Possibly Anna’s daughter? IIRC, Liesel did say Faison had a son by another woman, and Valentine originally said Anna had a daughter. So putting forth Peter as Anna’s son could play out as some twisted revenge of Valentine’s?

Why can’t they keep Britt??? I forgot how much I enjoyed her!!! If they let Ryan kill a few more, surely they could afford her? I imagine she’d be great with the whole Brad and Nell’s baby story, having stolen her one herself.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not have Sonny and Margo hook up, have Margo forgive him, have Margo and Sonny be related!!!!!!! Enough with EVERY SINGLE STORY circling back to Clan Corinthos!! I’d love for Margo to get her own Spinelli type assistant that finds the goods on Sonny and company forcing Sonny to agree to a deal where he has to forfeit everything except his restaurant, with him and Carly living without the wealth, guards, etc.. Jason gets to keep the coffee stand on the waterfront. Yeah, I hate the whole bunch.

I guess after yesterday, Jason will save Kevin? Ugh!

Finally, the Spencer hacking the election plot is beyond ridiculous! I can’t wait for him to be caught! #lockhimup At least his father knew how to throw an election and not get caught. Curtis and Charlotte better not cover for him either!

by Anonymousreply 211November 6, 2018 11:15 PM

What is the obsession with Anna having secret children? Can they stop?

Same with Nina. So, Sasha isn't her kid which means even more story for Stafford. This is horrible! I'm hoping Willow doesn't have any connection to her.

by Anonymousreply 212November 6, 2018 11:45 PM

Actually, I would love it if Sonny fucked Margaux, got her pregnant, and then found out she's HIS SISTER.

The sound of his exploding head would rock the Chuck harder than the fracking ever did.

by Anonymousreply 213November 7, 2018 12:36 AM

Sonny banging his sister would certainly upstage Carly bobbing for Mary Pat's head.

by Anonymousreply 214November 7, 2018 12:50 AM

R189

Daytime Dish is still going strong. They never charged to post. Soapzone charged to post.

by Anonymousreply 215November 7, 2018 6:04 AM

Shee it! That last scene with Ned warning the hacker that they are "coming for them" was so embarrassingly bad, I really felt bad for Wally Kurth having to stand there looking like an idiot. I am not sure what Spencer did to the machine but it was so unrealistic and stupid. That kid gets more obnoxious by the minute. Laura must be the only person who can tolerate him.

by Anonymousreply 216November 7, 2018 7:50 AM

I don't know what any of you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 217November 7, 2018 7:53 AM

Spencer is the most annoying character, ever. Ugh!!!!

by Anonymousreply 218November 7, 2018 8:14 AM

R218 Yet Frank, Stumpy and several others for some reason seem to can't get enough of him. Even Ron over at Days still can't get enough of him too and probably would no doubt try to have him on Days if he could.

by Anonymousreply 219November 7, 2018 8:29 AM

How long before they blame Genie and Jon Lindstrom for the low October ratings?

by Anonymousreply 220November 7, 2018 1:34 PM

Lindstrom is really knocking it out of the park. Good for him.

I wonder if they'll have Spencer run into Britt. They actually had some fun scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 221November 7, 2018 4:13 PM

Ratings are down because Sonny does not have a hot romance.

by Anonymousreply 222November 7, 2018 4:30 PM

It looks like Nancy Pelosi's first act as Speaker of the House is to talk over GH's time slot today.

Thanks, Obama....(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

by Anonymousreply 223November 7, 2018 5:42 PM

JL really is bringing it.

I think Ryan has lost his fascination with Felicia, seemed turned off when she was going on about being a grandmother. Ava is his new obsession.

by Anonymousreply 224November 7, 2018 5:44 PM

O.K. Nancy, wrap it up now, please.

by Anonymousreply 225November 7, 2018 5:49 PM

Make it stop! Make it Stop!!!!

by Anonymousreply 226November 7, 2018 5:52 PM

So, talking with another GH longtime viewer earlier today, he offered a potentially interesting twist. Willow will turn out to be Nina’s real daughter; she’s in the bereavement group because she’s mourning giving up her baby - the original dead Wiley. She and Michael will get together, she’ll be the mother to Jonah once it all comes out.

Eh.

I still think Kristina is going to be revealed as dead Wiley's mother. She never wants to be around Brad/Lucas and the baby; plus Wiley’s mother made it a condition of the adoption that Julian could not be a part of the baby’s life. That’s definitely something Kristina would insist on, though no reason Willow would.

The only hiccup in either K or W winding up being the mother, is Julian knows who it is because he did something to make her give up her claim when she was going to change her mind. Maybe they just leave it as some random unknown as dead Wiley’s mother.

We also hoped that once Kiki gets offed, that Ava’s mother the fabulous Delia will come to PC to support her daughter. Maybe she’ll have the inside scope on Joe Scully, Margo’s parents, Sonny, and Mike. If only Mike was still being played by Roger Coleridge - those two were pretty awesome on Ryan’s Hope.

by Anonymousreply 227November 7, 2018 5:55 PM

I hate, do nothing, impeachment is off the table Pelosi! I hope the new Congress votes to replace her with someone with a pair and now the bitch is taking away an episode of GH. Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 228November 7, 2018 5:55 PM

Nancy, you babbling booby. I have only one thing to say....Whhaaaaaaaaaaoohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 229November 7, 2018 5:58 PM

I wonder how long of a contract Genie signed, I bet only a year. Before she came back FV said she would be involved in not one but two big stories . I bet if ratings don't improve they'll claim hey we gave her two big stories and no bump in ratings and then cut her loose again.

I wonder if Sasha could turn out to be Nina's sister instead, maybe Val initially thought it was a match and when he discovered it was a sister instead he said oh well close enough. The Sasha actress isn't on contract like Willow actress but I'd like them both to stick around, if we're going to have a bunch of newbies might as well keep these two decent actresses with some stage presence.

Brad actor is not a strong actor and this story is wasted on him. Back when Wiley died he was trashed on Twitter for his bad acting and he did take it in stride, apologized and said he would try to do better.

by Anonymousreply 230November 7, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote] Before she came back FV said she would be involved in not one but two big stories

Nikolas' return would be the second big one, if that actually happens.

by Anonymousreply 231November 7, 2018 6:38 PM

Are these multiple mentions of Nik today a hint he's been recast? Wonder who they got, newbie or known actor...

by Anonymousreply 232November 7, 2018 6:42 PM

Stammering Sonny's very special episode airs Mon Nov 12. It's a Sonny re-imagined episode, where his alter ego imagines what life would be like if he had said no to the mob. Vomitous.

His son Josh Benard plays young Sonny.

Hard pass for me.

by Anonymousreply 233November 7, 2018 7:17 PM

So, Monday will be 60 minutes of Sonny tranquility?

Lol...Sonny as Jimmy Stewart in "It's A Wonderful General Hospital Life"????

by Anonymousreply 234November 7, 2018 7:36 PM

Now Monday the 12th would have been the perfect day for Nancy P to give her speech. Like way back with Susan L from AMC, I just want these people to get their damn Emmy so they can stop giving them huge stories. Stumpy should be so far on the back burner that he is off the stove.

by Anonymousreply 235November 7, 2018 8:03 PM

R230 IDK. For some reason, I just can't see GF signing only a one- year contract? After all the backlash and finger pointing that went along with her firing, she probably made some serious demands before signing anything.

I think the Brad actor is horrific but reading that he apologized for his bad acting makes me kind of sad. LOL.

R227 I thought Kristina was the mother as well but if she is then they're doing a poor job of building it up.

by Anonymousreply 236November 7, 2018 8:40 PM

Genie Francis came back for this shit??? Sorry, but Laura would have seen through Ryan episodes ago. Dumb writing. Hold out for more next time, Genie. And please demand that Spencer never follow you back to Port Charles. This show annoys me lately. No wonder the ratings are dropping.

by Anonymousreply 237November 7, 2018 8:47 PM

IA that Laura is smarter than this. There is so much character history for Laura and such potential for storylines but they stick her with this garbage. Not to mention her return brought Spencer back. Super disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 238November 7, 2018 9:03 PM

Laura should be Ryan's next victim just for the sin of bringing that unspeakable abomination of a kid back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 239November 7, 2018 9:07 PM

I'd prefer Lulu to be his next victim. It would get rid of the character and give GF some good material.

by Anonymousreply 240November 7, 2018 9:28 PM

Lulu is a valid candidate as she doesn't realize yet the killer is her main interviewee.

As dense as she is, Lulu should get a clue eventually.

by Anonymousreply 241November 7, 2018 9:30 PM

Lulu as a reporter is a complete joke.

by Anonymousreply 242November 7, 2018 9:39 PM

On par with Michael being a CEO of a multinational corporation.

by Anonymousreply 243November 7, 2018 9:48 PM

No, say it ain’t so. I’m off Monday and It’s an hour of Sonny? Fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 244November 7, 2018 11:02 PM

Does anyone remember if he deserved this win?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 8, 2018 4:25 AM

I honestly don't remember his story from that year and that's back when I thought GH was still pretty decent. I just remember the crowd going NUTS. That was also the year Vanessa Marcil won so of course everyone made a big deal out of it.

by Anonymousreply 246November 8, 2018 7:43 AM

The fraus love Shoe Polish!

by Anonymousreply 247November 8, 2018 11:37 AM

New photos in the opening debuted on Wednesday.

Anna, Finn, Chase and Willow in the first group.

Michael, Josslyn, Oscar and Cameron in second group.

Laura alone in the final one.

by Anonymousreply 248November 8, 2018 1:16 PM

The Monavie scam king must be fuming that he's not the only one with a solo shot.

by Anonymousreply 249November 8, 2018 1:28 PM

How did this Oscar kid get a full story? He’s so bland. I can’t take a full hour of car primer head.

by Anonymousreply 250November 8, 2018 1:40 PM

Uncle Frankie loves his bland teen SLs. Remember Cole & Starr?

How long before they are doing a high school musical?

by Anonymousreply 251November 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Has Spencer been killed off yet? Please?

by Anonymousreply 252November 8, 2018 2:01 PM

Stumperstilskin deserves ALL the Awards, of course!

by Anonymousreply 253November 8, 2018 2:11 PM

I’d you’re gonna have teen SLs at least make the actors hot.

by Anonymousreply 254November 8, 2018 2:36 PM

I'm aiming for a Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 255November 8, 2018 2:40 PM

Do they think giving Nina a daughter will make THE STAFF fit in at GH?

by Anonymousreply 256November 8, 2018 2:54 PM

Here’s a thought R256 - after reading your comment I’m wondering the same. Right now, Nina is only connected to Maxie and Valentine, but if Willow does in fact turn out to be her daughter, and given how it looks like a Willow-Michael romance is in the cards, she’d be connected to not only Clan Corinthos (ugh), but the Quartermaines as well, given that’s where Michael lives. It was opined in an earlier GH thread about Drew winding up with Nina, since he’s bedding down at the Quartermaines too, could this be a planned outcome? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 257November 8, 2018 3:06 PM

The Quartermaines don't even exist anymore.

by Anonymousreply 258November 8, 2018 3:07 PM

They are unfortunately under-utilised R258, other than by Sam to dump her kids there when she puts on her leather and stilettos to go on a case with Jason 🙄

by Anonymousreply 259November 8, 2018 3:19 PM

[quote] Beatrice LeSeur - Jimmy Lee is washing his red bikini briefs

I am amused.

by Anonymousreply 260November 8, 2018 3:25 PM

The Staff and semi comatose BM? I can't picture that, her talking so fast and animated, him all sleepy and mumbly, she'll chew him up and spit him out. I've never watched Y&R, were they paired or sharedany scenes there? Was BM awake on Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 261November 8, 2018 3:26 PM

I think Billy and Phyllis porked at some point during their time on Y&R, did they not?

by Anonymousreply 262November 8, 2018 3:31 PM

R262

Not with Stafford & Miller. Phyllis & Billy fell in love once Gina T. & Jason T. joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 263November 8, 2018 3:47 PM

R261

Starr & Cole were scintillating compared to GH's current crop of teens.

And I hated Starr & Cole.

by Anonymousreply 264November 8, 2018 3:49 PM

I think you mean Andre Chernin’s dong Celia R260

by Anonymousreply 265November 8, 2018 3:53 PM

GIVE HIM THE EMMY! NOW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266November 8, 2018 5:40 PM

GH may need the paddles to shock itself back to life.

by Anonymousreply 267November 8, 2018 5:42 PM

r264, Brandon Butt Buddy's hole was scintillating as well.

by Anonymousreply 268November 8, 2018 8:27 PM

"What if"...there was no more shoe polish?

How would Stumpy deal with it?

Fascinating television.

by Anonymousreply 269November 8, 2018 8:29 PM

Today's episode was terrible!

Who the hell are Jason and Sam to be asking questions about Nelle? Also, please stop with the constant reminders that Franco has changed. We get it and I'm bored. And the healing scene inside of Charlie's? WTF. Such garbage.

by Anonymousreply 270November 8, 2018 9:03 PM

But Franco is never on. He is not a problem. Episode counts don't lie.

by Anonymousreply 271November 8, 2018 9:12 PM

Surprised the actress who plays Nelle hasn't snagged a guest spot on L&O: SVU as the sociopath of the week.

If they are going the cult route with the reiki master girl there at Charlie's, they better tread lightly so as not to insinuate anything Scientologist like, The Staff wouldn't like that.

Agree boring, terrible episode.

by Anonymousreply 272November 8, 2018 9:19 PM

Who will save PC from the cult? The Borg? Stumpy? Jillian? Todd? Finny?

So many heroes...so little time.

by Anonymousreply 273November 8, 2018 9:21 PM

Bring back Jean Passanante. Get her out of retirenent. Now!!

by Anonymousreply 274November 8, 2018 9:23 PM

How about getting rid of FRANK? This creatively barren producer has been through SEVEN sets of writers on 2 different soaps, yet miraculously he is NEVER the problem.

by Anonymousreply 275November 8, 2018 9:26 PM

I doubt they'll get rid of Frank at this point, the end is nigh for GH and he already knows the drill from OLTL's funeral so ABC can rest assured he'll turn off the lights, lock the doors and turn in the keys.

by Anonymousreply 276November 8, 2018 9:34 PM

R273. Well, Kristina is involved so obviously it'll be Sonny .. who will then recruit Jason which means that Sam will be involved too.

by Anonymousreply 277November 8, 2018 9:44 PM

When Jason and Sam were with the nurse in Nelle's room, I noticed Jason kept the same expression on his face throughout the whole scene He barely moved a muscle. He is even worse than Stumpy.

by Anonymousreply 278November 8, 2018 9:51 PM

They looked absolutely ridiculous in those matching leather jackets. And SB looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 279November 8, 2018 10:01 PM

I highly doubt the young Asian girl we keep seeing is the mastermind of the cult, surely there's an adult ringleader behind it. Any guesses on who it could be? Someone new, someone from the past, someone like Mitch Laurence or Allison Perkins?

by Anonymousreply 280November 8, 2018 10:24 PM

[R280]

She's a scout/recruiter for whoever's the mastermind.

by Anonymousreply 281November 8, 2018 10:35 PM

How much do you think Monaco hates Burton?

by Anonymousreply 282November 8, 2018 10:36 PM

R188- I remember Wubs.net. Wasn't the person running it a friend of Constance Towers? I remember the weird rumor she put ou when it was up in the air on whether Genie would return to finish up her story in 2002--- Wubs. net put up a picture of Charlene Tilton implying that if Genie didn't return, Laura was going to be played by Lucy Ewing.

by Anonymousreply 283November 8, 2018 10:39 PM

Anyone remember Soaptown USA? I swear there was a guy who ran it who had connections to the show and would give out spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 284November 8, 2018 11:29 PM

GH was preempted in LA due to the Thousand Oaks mass shooting coverage.

ABC7 in LA is airing today's episode at 1:05 a.m. Set your DVR.

by Anonymousreply 285November 9, 2018 1:18 AM

[quote] Phyllis & Billy fell in love once Gina T. & Jason T. joined the show.

I know that, but I thought they'd fucked, either on screen or somehow offscreen at some point as a one night stand when Staff and Billy played them.

by Anonymousreply 286November 9, 2018 2:06 AM

Something about Nell faking insanity and cradling a fake baby to get out of paying for her crimes seems familiar, no?

by Anonymousreply 287November 9, 2018 2:51 AM

I thought Chloe Lanier was leaving? So why is Nelle still around? Can we hurry up and get this boring baby storyline resolved so the show can move on.

by Anonymousreply 288November 9, 2018 2:57 AM

Mary Pat's not dead! She's working at a hospital in Seattle. Just saw her on Grey's Anatomy right now. Head is still attached to her body!

by Anonymousreply 289November 9, 2018 3:06 AM

I thought today was one of the more interesting episodes (Nov sweeps). Was not expecting Nelle. Is she staying? The Asian chick is definitely a cult, even down to the book.

by Anonymousreply 290November 9, 2018 3:12 AM

Obviously a heretofore unknown twin, R289. Maybe they were separated at birth for reasons that may or may not be explained.

by Anonymousreply 291November 9, 2018 3:18 AM

I just hope the cult leader isn't another newbie.

by Anonymousreply 292November 9, 2018 3:22 AM

I can’t remember if GH ever had a cult storyline? I don’t think so. There’s pretty good potential in such a storyline, but I have no doubt the current team at GH will make a dog’s dinner out of it.

I don’t see anyone on the scene now who could emerge as the cult leader, so I’m guessing it will be a newbie R292. The only current player I could maybe see as the leader would be Ryan - but that would be a huge stretch. Heather is still locked up, right? She I could see running a cult.

Since ABC has the rights to the OLTL characters, how about bringing Schuyler Joplin to PC, following in his father Mitch Laurence’s footsteps?

Whoever is the leader, will this cult be of the mass suicide variety so we can cull the cast left after Ryan’s lame killing spree?

by Anonymousreply 293November 9, 2018 3:46 AM

I would love for Nelle to finagle a soon to happen parole. Let it happen in as preposterous a manner as ever. It's not like characters getting unexpectedly sprung from the pokey is a rarity on soaps anyway. Let Nelle accidentally kill Maxi and Lulu.

P.S. I'm kind of hating pretty much the entire cast at this point. Not everyone, but just about. Everyone's on autopilot.

by Anonymousreply 294November 9, 2018 5:14 AM

IA about hating the cast. My favorite - Rebecca Herbst - is only on when her love interest is on. I can't even enjoy Genie's return because of Spencer. And normally I would have welcomed a cult storyline but starring Oscar and Kristina? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 295November 9, 2018 5:19 AM

I was watching season 4 of The Americans recently. The daughter on the show was watching GH. The show being set in 1983, the scenes from GH were Grant Putnam (Brian Patrick Clarke, who played DL fave Susan Richardson's hubby on Eight is Enough) and Celia Quatermaine. It was very strange, because they kept showing the television with those two on it. You couldn't hear the TV, so it was unclear what was happening on GH. I thought it was odd that they wouldn't show more familiar characters like Luke, Laura, Robert or Holly.

It suddenly dawned on me. Grant Putnam (later Grant Andrews, don't ask) was a Russian spy working for the show's version of the KGB, the DVX. Grant's situation was very much like the main characters of The Americans. He was living among Americans, meeting regularly with his DVX boss, who would give him assignments. Pretty cool of The Americans writers to insert that for those of us who watched GH in the 80s. A fun Easter egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296November 9, 2018 5:47 AM

I can't to finger myself to the special Stumpy episode!

by Anonymousreply 297November 9, 2018 11:35 AM

When Daisy gave Kristina the 'self-help; book I immediately thought of Scientology.

Staff will pitch a fit to end all fits if this story starts shading CO$

by Anonymousreply 298November 9, 2018 12:28 PM

Shelly says in the new SOD that Dan J. O'Connor is now the Associate Head Writer.

I don't remember a soap having 2 HWs and an AHW before.

I only remember a soap having 1 HW and 1 AHW.

It just struck me as odd. Made me think it's transitional & one of the HWs may step down.

by Anonymousreply 299November 9, 2018 12:31 PM

r299, as if that will change anything. Frank's revolving door of writers and it's all the same shit.

by Anonymousreply 300November 9, 2018 1:05 PM

Why is Frank Valentini still employed? Yeah yeah yeah. The old excuse that he can manage the budget. That excuse is getting old. He has systematically dismantled the show while saving the budget. Not worth it, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 301November 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Because he's safe and they don't care enough to replace him. Frank will go down with the ship.

by Anonymousreply 302November 9, 2018 1:14 PM

They're doing a cult story? What is it about, Trump supporters?

by Anonymousreply 303November 9, 2018 5:32 PM

So my theory that Stumpy and Margo would turn out to be brother and sister has been quashed today. As is GH tradition (and probably mandated by MB's contract) Margo will fall into bed with Stumpy due to his irresistible charm.

The previews for Monday's Stumpy-a-thon are enough to make me lose my lunch.

by Anonymousreply 304November 9, 2018 6:59 PM

Well, today's show made me curious to see Monday's "It's A Wonderful General Hospital Life."

I haven't followed the show that long so it'll be interesting to see old clips of Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 305November 9, 2018 7:01 PM

Mo Benard for the Emmy win! I love him.

by Anonymousreply 306November 9, 2018 7:35 PM

Stumpy rutting with a new onscreen sow makes me barfity barf barf

by Anonymousreply 307November 9, 2018 8:44 PM

Just like that Stumpy is cheating on Carly? Did they have a falling out? Is Stumpy being drugged again? Is he drunk? What would make him suddenly cheat on Carly?

by Anonymousreply 308November 9, 2018 11:21 PM

Maybe Carly's gonna get her ass thrown back in Ferncliff so she can go DEEP UNDERCOVER!

by Anonymousreply 309November 9, 2018 11:53 PM

The entire Sonny/Margaux thing was INSANE today.

by Anonymousreply 310November 10, 2018 1:03 AM

Will Mo show his tits on the special episode?

by Anonymousreply 311November 10, 2018 2:30 AM

is there anyone who would actually tune in to see Mo's tits? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 312November 10, 2018 2:55 AM

So..Dante and Sam are married in the What If? episode? From mistress to daughter-in-law. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 313November 10, 2018 3:33 AM

The Margaux/Sonny scenes were disgusting on every level.

I did like the Franco/Liz scenes ( RoHo/BH have effortless chem) and the Liz/Terri scenes. I think they may really be going for Aiden having gender identity issues. The dialogue really seems to be setting that up.

I also loved the Ava/Ryan scenes. Those 2 are fire. I'd bet good money they'll be fucking before the end of the month & I am here for it.

I will definitely not be watching the Sonny blowfest on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2018 12:41 PM

"I will definitely not be watching the Sonny blowfish on Monday."

Very few will. Most of us try to avoid nausea rather than seek it.

by Anonymousreply 315November 10, 2018 1:36 PM

Fraus love hot, sexy Sonny.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 316November 10, 2018 1:39 PM

Mondays episode will get good numbers because alot of people are off work.

by Anonymousreply 317November 10, 2018 1:46 PM

Why did they kick Margaux’s mother out of her own house?

by Anonymousreply 318November 10, 2018 2:31 PM

When will people learn that there is no such word as "alot." I think you want to say "a lot" -- two words. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 319November 10, 2018 2:32 PM

Because mumbling Stumpy and Marho found out that her mommy 'ordered' the hit.

Stumpy was all smug as usual. How long before precious margo opens her legs for old mobster cock? Maybe she can ask that other dumb brunette Scam for some tips.

by Anonymousreply 320November 10, 2018 2:33 PM

Stumpy = good

Everyone else = bad

Drink the kool-aid

by Anonymousreply 321November 10, 2018 3:18 PM

R317 Well, I will be off from work and I definitely won't be watching. An hour of mumbling Stumpy would put me in a coma.

by Anonymousreply 322November 10, 2018 3:46 PM

I would love to know if it's Valentini who directs Howarth to eat through scenes like he did in one episode this week. It was so "Todd", it was blatant.

by Anonymousreply 323November 10, 2018 3:50 PM

Margaux's mom letting Sonny - a complete stranger - into the house was crazy enough but then they have them kick her out? What?

And, sadly, Terri will probably be gone after the Aiden storyline. Clearly, they don't want to write for her.

by Anonymousreply 324November 10, 2018 3:55 PM

Yeah, got it. r321. Thank you. Got any more ww worthy insights?

by Anonymousreply 325November 10, 2018 3:57 PM

Roho said before FV told him to stick orange peels in Becky's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 326November 10, 2018 4:09 PM

R326

Yeah the Jason/Liz loons hate RoHo because Franco's paired with her.

After that scene aired they called him every name in the book & said Roger was trying to choke Becky.

He had an event a couple weeks later and someone asked about that scene. He said FV approached him before the scene & told him to feed Liz a piece of orange. Someone asked if Becky was surprised he said absolutely not. He said it's their job to make it look spontaneous. They rehearse together & he considers it bad form to touch his partner without both talking/agreeing on it.

Those Jason/Liz fans were once again shown as the lunatics they are. They are seriously insane. Like RoHo should look over his shoulder if he ever encountered one. Those idiots have been thinking Jason/Liz will finally get together for decades. SMDH

by Anonymousreply 327November 10, 2018 5:24 PM

Roger makes me hard.....down there.

by Anonymousreply 328November 10, 2018 5:30 PM

Kinky!

by Anonymousreply 329November 10, 2018 8:17 PM

A lot of the time - not all the time - I FF Liz and Franco scenes because I pretty much hate RoHo's acting and it makes me cringe. IDGAF who orders him to do what but I just find shit like chewing on shirts and gnawing on fudgesicles just plain stupid and distracting.

Though to be honest ... I FF most of the show. The majority of front burner stories at the moment are boring.

by Anonymousreply 330November 10, 2018 8:37 PM

FV still got a job and GH is last in every demo.

by Anonymousreply 331November 11, 2018 2:15 AM

Dios mio, this photo!

Tristan is only barely recognizable and Brad Maule.....oh, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332November 11, 2018 3:12 AM

Kin was smoking hot back in the day.....(see whole photo by clicking)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 11, 2018 3:13 AM

Jesus. Oh, dear, indeed re: Brad Maule. Wtf happened?

by Anonymousreply 334November 11, 2018 3:27 AM

Jackie Z ... oh dear. I thought she was looking better? This is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 335November 11, 2018 3:29 AM

Fire Frank! Why the hell not I say. Could'nt hurt and if does so what. Just keep the hiring and firing process going 'til it works.

by Anonymousreply 336November 11, 2018 4:47 AM

Billy Warlock looks good with the silver.

Took me a minute to recognize Emma.

Tristan looks fine considering the guy is 72 years old.

Why does Jackie look so surprised? Oh... never mind.

by Anonymousreply 337November 11, 2018 4:49 AM

Tristan looks incredible. Did he have surgery to his jaw or neck? Kin’s forehead and that dead animal on his head are distracting.

by Anonymousreply 338November 11, 2018 11:17 AM

Are Kin and Billy still fucking?

by Anonymousreply 339November 11, 2018 11:33 AM

I think Jackie looks fine, better than before and certainly better than a few of her comrades.

by Anonymousreply 340November 11, 2018 11:39 AM

Fans clearly need more Sonny

1. Y&R 406,000 (-14,000/-27,000) 2. B&B 354,000 (-12,000/+6,000) 3. DAYS 329,000 (+3,000/-20,000) 4. GH 301,000 (-12,000/-186,000)

by Anonymousreply 341November 11, 2018 11:54 AM

The demos are even worse. ABC clearly doesn't care though because Burton's big old return has been a big giant FAILURE.

by Anonymousreply 342November 11, 2018 1:32 PM

Those are the demos, r342. GH hit a new low.

They will likely blame the Ryan story and no one caring.

Frank will have to pull another stunt quickly. I'm thinking Vanessa Marcil?

by Anonymousreply 343November 11, 2018 2:31 PM

Marcil loathes Frank and he doesn't like her much either. He's too busy cupping Benard and Burton's ball sacks to realize those two are killing his damn show + the 1 billion newbies he puts on screen as well. Air hogs and characters no one gives a shit is FV's recipe on GH.

He also refuses to fire anyone. So contracts like Stafford, Miller, and West are just floating there wasting big bucks and they're doing nothing on screen.

Wright, Monaco, Burton, and Benard are horrible for this show and they keep getting more and more episodes to stink up. Has Monaco been awake on screen in 2018 yet?

by Anonymousreply 344November 11, 2018 2:37 PM

r344, there was much more balance in October with Genie Francis leading the episode counts. And the ratings continued to drop every week. This is a problem bigger than your hate for the same specific people. Mind you, I am not defending them or the focus on them, but it's really not a problem that can be fixed by a few firings.

by Anonymousreply 345November 11, 2018 2:53 PM

There is no defense of those 4 air hogs. They've gotten plenty of chances to prove their worth and continually flounder, yet on still shove down the throats of the audience.

by Anonymousreply 346November 11, 2018 2:58 PM

Here are the problems, 1) Sonny needs a big story with more conflict. People tune in for Sonny. 2) They need to move forward with Jason and Sam. Regardless of what Kelly wants to play, JaSam brings the ratings. 3) The fans don't like this Laura/Ryan story 4) Fans want more action.

by Anonymousreply 347November 11, 2018 3:01 PM

JaSam do not bring the ratings. They've been in each other's orbits for months now, they had a sleazy almost sex scene and it did horribly. They suck.

by Anonymousreply 348November 11, 2018 3:04 PM

R347 If people tuned in for Sonny the ratings would be higher since he is on almost every damn day.

by Anonymousreply 349November 11, 2018 3:47 PM

All the show needs is more of Burton's constipated and piled on make up face hovering over every scene.

by Anonymousreply 350November 11, 2018 4:02 PM

The story lines are not well planned or thought out, they just make it up on the fly and it shows.

The lack of continuity results in viewers losing interest and when the story does pick up again (if it ever picks up again) it has lost momentum with audience. Mystery Cassadine w/Cassandra, Alexis seeking info on her mother, Drew's past and memories, Franco reaching out to Liz's family for the wedding are just a few of the missed opportunities that should have been developed.

Soaps began their slow painful death when they went from character driven to plot driven. I know we have Chuck Pratt and Brian Frons to blame for that at ABC, don't know about the other networks.

Everything said about the terrible trio I agree with, I mute and or FF them and for some reason Snarly bugs me the most with her always the same snarly delivery.

Also, does anyone know if it is true that writers get extra $ and some type of residual when they create a new character? Is this a thing of the past or still in place today? I wonder if this is the reason we don't get recasts of established characters (Sarah Webber, Jeff Webber, Lila Rae, Baldwin sisters etc.) to build families back up and instead get new characters no one cares about or is invested in. Just a thought.

by Anonymousreply 351November 11, 2018 5:48 PM

I agree, the show needs bigger stories with bigger stakes for their big 4 stars. No one cares about Phyllis' daughter or that stupid Ryan and Laura storyline. I just don't fucking understand why Frank doesn't bring back Bob Guza. He knew how to write for the show and the ratings were always through the roof. There is a part of me that the show still hasn't truly recovered from losing both Luke and Tracey. The show needs classic characters like that to ground the show. This is what works, bring on a rival mob family and just let Sonny and Jason do their thing. Or bring back back Bob Guza, the only one who can write this show.

by Anonymousreply 352November 11, 2018 5:54 PM

Phyllis? Who's that?

by Anonymousreply 353November 11, 2018 6:02 PM

Stop rewriting history. Guza was fired because the ratings took a nosedive.

by Anonymousreply 354November 11, 2018 6:26 PM

I disagree that the Ryan story isn't well received. On Twitter it's the only thing that seems to be universally liked.

The only quibble is people want him to start killing the dead weight = Peter, Sasha, Willow Griffin, Oscar,etc..

by Anonymousreply 355November 11, 2018 7:47 PM

I watched the clip of tomorrow's all things Sonny show. MW looks great, KeMo's Carmela Soprano imitation is lol.

If they've got Dom Z. reprising Dante for this I highly doubt there is a recast in the works any time soon. Wonder if they are trying to wait Dom out, if he doesn't find anything better and starts to worry about his financial security he is more likely to agree to whatever they offer him $ wise. Such is the reality of life.

by Anonymousreply 356November 11, 2018 8:22 PM

What imitation? She was acting just like she usually does except dressed like a NJ housewives outcast and chewing gum.

by Anonymousreply 357November 11, 2018 9:11 PM

I don't understand why TPTB are so obsessed with KM. OBSESSED with her. Multiple regimes have kept her front and center. She can't act and sleepwalks through scenes. How is that compelling them to constantly write for her? Because she's pretty? IDGI. Same with LW. Her version of Carly is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 358November 11, 2018 9:30 PM

I sort of got why GH went the Sopranos route when they did. Imitating a popular and well done TV show is nothing new to this genre, but the Sopranos haven't been a thing in quite some time. In fact, one of the biggest shows in the last 10 years is ABC's Grey's Anatomy. I'm surprised that they stuck with the mob focus, when in primetime one of their highest rated shows was doing a primetime version of General Hospital. It made no sense to me then or now that General Hospital ISN'T about young doctors and nurses fucking in broom closets and dealing with sick people and issues surrounding health and healthcare. There is nothing soapier than medical drama.

by Anonymousreply 359November 11, 2018 11:18 PM

There was a nice balance of hospital drama back when Robin and Patrick first got together. Robin, Liz and some nurses and doctors were all friends and would do girls nights, etc. That was forever ago though.

by Anonymousreply 360November 11, 2018 11:23 PM

I don't mind Sonny and company in small doses. Twice a week is sufficient. Maybe three times a week during a really juicy storyline, but then they should go back to twice a week so other characters can shine.

But what I really object to is making Sonny and Jason the center of the show. Everything revolves around them. Making career criminals the moral center of the show!! That's disgusting

One of the best things that Ron did during his first year of HWing the show was backburner Sonny so that he was only on a couple days a week. Ron understood that Sonny was a cancer killing GH. Unfortunately the other TPTB did not understand that and forced Sonny back to centerstage.

by Anonymousreply 361November 12, 2018 12:05 AM

Maurice danced on Ron's grave when he was fired.

by Anonymousreply 362November 12, 2018 12:11 AM

If they actually did a decent and fair job of writing Sonny, Jason and Carly then I wouldn't mind them being on so much. But them being the heroes in every story and winning every single time conflict arises has gotten really old. They are NOT good people and watching character after character prop them and constantly remind everyone how great they are is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 363November 12, 2018 12:24 AM

The audience should just know that Carly and Sonny are good people without other characters having to tell them.

by Anonymousreply 364November 12, 2018 12:30 AM

Never going to happen, Maurice needs his tits sucked by the audience and called a "good man" over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 365November 12, 2018 12:51 AM

The Stumpy apologist loons at SOC are getting ready to finger themselves while watching today's episode.

by Anonymousreply 366November 12, 2018 11:49 AM

I've seen quite a few people defending the episode on Twitter, claiming he deserves it and that he's put in his time. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 367November 12, 2018 4:04 PM

MO IS A GOD

by Anonymousreply 368November 12, 2018 4:44 PM

Is Mo doing a one hander today?

by Anonymousreply 369November 12, 2018 4:51 PM

I wonder how many times he'll slur and forget his lines. He's probably in almost every scene. How much do you think the cue card guy gets paid to hold those signs up?

I once heard that his scripts are scattered throughout the set so if he really really forgets his lines, he has a marker to look at.

by Anonymousreply 370November 12, 2018 5:44 PM

R370

Not just that but LW has said that Mo refuses to rehearse. What I nightmare that must be to play opposite..

by Anonymousreply 371November 12, 2018 5:51 PM

R354- Exactly. Last thing the show needs is Guza. He's the one who sent Laura off into Catatonia Land. She got wheeled off in a straight jacket and drooling.

by Anonymousreply 372November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Mo for the Emmy win! This is a great episode and I am only 16 mins in. Genius!

by Anonymousreply 373November 12, 2018 6:15 PM

Jason and Ava as a couple?...Interesting.

The episode makes me wish Dante would return to the show. The actor is good.

by Anonymousreply 374November 12, 2018 6:21 PM

His own very special episode and he can't even deliver smooth lines for that. Still choppy, stilted delivery and several stammers within the first 10 minutes. I'm surprised he didn't ban all the good actors from the episode so as not to show him up but I guess that would have only left MonavieSteve, MumblingKeMo and SleepyBilly to do the episode with.

by Anonymousreply 375November 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Carly's chewing up the scenery like it's a stack of London Broils for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 376November 12, 2018 6:30 PM

All this A.J. talk, wouldn't an A.J. appearance be great? What's Sean K. up to? Still on B&B?

by Anonymousreply 377November 12, 2018 6:38 PM

Well, Dante turned out to be a real bastard in the Twi-light zone.

by Anonymousreply 378November 12, 2018 6:45 PM

Oh well, the dream is over...

That was fun while it lasted!

by Anonymousreply 379November 12, 2018 7:03 PM

GH now has it's Emmy episode. Great job by everyone!!! I haven't checked the other boards yet, are people excited?

by Anonymousreply 380November 12, 2018 7:05 PM

I didn’t watch. Didn’t think I could stomach it. Dare I go back and watch on Hulu tonight? Was Tamara Braun in it?

by Anonymousreply 381November 12, 2018 7:39 PM

No Tamara. Sonny, Carly, Olivia, Dante, Sam, Jason, Ava, Julian, Anna, Alexis, Jordan, Mike are in it.

I didn't hate it, actually would prefer it to real GH.

by Anonymousreply 382November 12, 2018 7:44 PM

[R382]

Michael and AJ got honorable mentions.

Apparently, even though Carly was married to AJ in the dream, she still named her kid after Sonny!

by Anonymousreply 383November 12, 2018 7:54 PM

Lots of overacting and sanctimonious writing for Sonny. Dominic was good. What a shame GH didn't use him right. A horrible depiction of Anna. So Robin lived cause Sonny saved her, doncha know! Mo's son did a good job. LW And MW were awful.

by Anonymousreply 384November 12, 2018 8:04 PM

R380 Go to SOC. The fraus over there are probably wetting themselves in excitement over the episode.

by Anonymousreply 385November 12, 2018 8:07 PM

Sonny makes my peen swell!

by Anonymousreply 386November 12, 2018 8:12 PM

Are Stumpy fans the same people as Trump fans?

by Anonymousreply 387November 12, 2018 8:19 PM

I wonder if they tried to get Vanessa Marcil for this episode. It felt like Brenda should have been in it?

It's a shame Dante is/was wasted on Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 388November 12, 2018 8:23 PM

The gals over at SOC have given the episodes two thumbs up with a snap. I'm going to watch it again, it was so good.

by Anonymousreply 389November 12, 2018 8:26 PM

Burton was horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More robotic than ever in the fake universe.

by Anonymousreply 390November 12, 2018 8:31 PM

Jason and Ava? Who the hell thought of that? Terrible!

by Anonymousreply 391November 12, 2018 8:53 PM

Of course the fraus at SOC flooded their panties with panty pudding over Stumpy the Ratfucker.

by Anonymousreply 392November 12, 2018 8:56 PM

R380

You're either high or trying to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 393November 12, 2018 9:10 PM

"Halloween is upon us and the sanguineous scent of MURDER is in the air."

Glade has a pumpkin spice scent that is good for that kind of problem.

by Anonymousreply 394November 12, 2018 9:28 PM

Maurice sucked something fierce in his own episode. Getting upstaged by Dominic.

by Anonymousreply 395November 12, 2018 10:47 PM

Dominic stood out. He was the only one who I enjoyed watching, except for Alexis. The rest: oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 396November 12, 2018 10:50 PM

Hey Guys, I usually wait to read thru this thread until after I've caught up on episodes in order to avoid spoilers. However, I live in LA and hadn't gotten around to watching Thurs and Fri's episodes. I just attempted to watch, and discovered they were both pre-empted for coverage of the Malibu Fires. Damn those fires.

Can someone please give me a quick rundown and advise if anything is worth seeing If so, I'll either go on Direct TV or their site. It's just I hate to sit thru them that way because the fast-forward feature is disbanded and you're forced to watch the entire show AND commercials. It usually takes me less than 20 minutes to ff thru a typical episode. Thanks.

Oh- and I've skipped the last 140 posts (when did this thread get so popular?) and just hit reply to skip to the end. Thanks again.

by Anonymousreply 397November 13, 2018 12:17 AM

This is what’s considered “Emmy worthy” in 2018? Oy!

Overall, the episode wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Not saying it was good, just not the entire sh*tshow I was expecting.

Some thoughts:

• anyone else catch that Sonny and Olivia’s apartment was the same set used for Mike’s apt?

• since Mike was Sonny’s savior in the “what if”, I thought he would have appeared in the alternate GH.

• who came first for Sonny - Connie or Olivia? I figured Sonny married Olivia after he knocked her up, but they could have mentioned Connie, as she’d still be alive. They could have had one of the daughters working for her.

• was that a picture of Olivia with Leo on the mantle?

• I loved Carly as drunk society dame Caroline Quartermaine - tho I was hoping Tamara would have played her.

• GH must really have a hardon for AJ, even in the “what if” he’s a weak drunk. I would have liked a cameo by Sean Kanan too, but not as a drunk - Carly as the drunk works better with AJ as the weak, long suffering husband.

• in real GH, Sam only knew Alexis was her mother because of Jason. So in theory, neither should know they’re related in the “what if”. But as they do, would that mean Julian’s in the know too? Or does Alexis not recognize him since the plastic surgery he had before he first showed up in PC?

• Jason named the baby Michael after Sonny when Carly abandoned him. I’m guessing they kept him Michael vs AJ III to keep it clear to viewers who he is.

• Sam didn’t need to be in this episode. Dante should have been married to Claudia Z — or even Nelle. As with all episodes she’s in, Sam brings nothing.

• oh poor Anna! That was truly pathetic what they did to her. Served no purpose other than to remind viewers “see, Sonny really is a good guy!” over the whole Robin HIV story.

• whether he’s a Morgan or a Smith, Jason’s about as interesting as wet paint. An interesting twist would have been calling him “Drew Cain” since they were identical twins before Drew’s plastic surgery, and leaving Jason as a Quartermaine.

Anyway, just my two cents!

by Anonymousreply 398November 13, 2018 12:36 AM

I didn't watch it but from reading the comments and recaps, some of it makes no sense. Why would Sonny have been in PC to begin with? He knocked up Olivia when he was living in Bensonhurst and they probably would have been living there. Don't know how the rest of them fit in at all, especially Robin. I doubt if he had become a cop he would have ever met any of these people.

by Anonymousreply 399November 13, 2018 2:16 AM

To the poster abov who wanted to know why the powers that be like the actress that plays Sam-It’s because her holes are like McDonald’s, billions and billions served

by Anonymousreply 400November 13, 2018 2:21 AM

R399 Sonny was a NYC cop who was visiting his son, Dante, in GC. He was trying to save him from being a gangster, but too late! Once again, St. Sonny.

The actor who played Dante showed us that they wasted him, a talented actor on that show for years. This alternate Sonny did not mumble (but that exposed MB's lack of talent!). Some of the actors were camping it up and looked like they were having fun.

by Anonymousreply 401November 13, 2018 2:31 AM

[R399] The episode wasn't in an alternate universe. Sonny just fell asleep at Margo's and had a dream that he wasn't a mobster.

by Anonymousreply 402November 13, 2018 3:36 AM

The most offensive part to me was Robin died of AIDS related complications because in the dream Sonny didn't fund the Stone Cates Center.

RUFKM?? What bullshit! Alan would've gotten her on the cocktail regardless of Sonny's donation to the hospital.

GH's hard on for Sonny & Mo is their undoing.

by Anonymousreply 403November 13, 2018 12:00 PM

Finola's acting in the very special Mo episode was really bad which is surprising coming from her. I understand she was supposed to be depressed but it was something other than depressed. I realize they were being somewhat campy but I can't help but think she isn't on board with all the Mo adoration and this was her middle finger to it all, that's what I want to believe anyway.

by Anonymousreply 404November 13, 2018 4:32 PM

A lot of it didn't make any sense. TPTB clearly don't care about the history of the characters.

by Anonymousreply 405November 13, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote] It’s because her holes are like McDonald’s, billions and billions served

With the same rancid aftertaste

by Anonymousreply 406November 13, 2018 7:22 PM

Overall, the Sonny episode was interesting. The actors clearly enjoyed doing it. I'm glad to have seen it.

But the weakest actor in the episode was Maurice Benard. It was nice that he pronounced his words for once rather than mumbling everything. But he couldn't pull off playing a cop with a conscious. High school level acting on his part. As someone said above, the episode really highlighted how weak an actor he is.

by Anonymousreply 407November 13, 2018 11:19 PM

Speaking of rancid aftertaste, Kimberly McCullough's pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 408November 13, 2018 11:48 PM

Speaking of Kimberly, I was watching old Jason and Robin scenes and holy shit was that haircut during the cottage time horrible. And she had lost weight. She looked like an emaciated child.

by Anonymousreply 409November 14, 2018 12:08 AM

Nothing emaciated about her on her most recent visits to GH...

by Anonymousreply 410November 14, 2018 1:39 AM

The fatter McCollough gets the more her snatch stinks!

by Anonymousreply 411November 14, 2018 1:45 AM

Leave Kimberly ALONE !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 412November 14, 2018 5:54 AM

Do my ears deceive me? Did I just hear Lucky mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 413November 14, 2018 6:51 PM

False alarm, Liz thinks Lucky would "do more harm than good" where Aiden is concerned.

by Anonymousreply 414November 14, 2018 6:56 PM

Could those career day scenes for third graders have been any longer? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 415November 14, 2018 8:04 PM

They even had Laura praising Peter today!

by Anonymousreply 416November 14, 2018 8:04 PM

I think the "problem" with Aiden is that he's being bullied by Charlotte. What a little cunt she was today! The very special gender-related message is going to be that girls can be bullies, too.

by Anonymousreply 417November 14, 2018 8:47 PM

Yeah, Charlotte is the bully, wonder how she will French talk her way out of that with her Papa.

I will say GH casting does a good job picking the kids for this show.

by Anonymousreply 418November 14, 2018 8:54 PM

Charlotte was a special kind of cunt today. She was even bullying an adult-Dr.Finn. No wonder little Aiden is shaking in his boots.

by Anonymousreply 419November 14, 2018 9:18 PM

Charlotte is the latest character to get the "Creep of the Week" makeover.

I wonder if this means Oscar's character is going to return to something more normal.

by Anonymousreply 420November 14, 2018 9:22 PM

And her idiot mother was standing right there, without a single reaction or disapproving look. Lulu sucks.

by Anonymousreply 421November 14, 2018 9:23 PM

R421

Lulu conveniently left after she gave her talk.

by Anonymousreply 422November 14, 2018 9:25 PM

Why did Franco give Finn wrong directions? Was that a nod to some OLTL Todd/McBain thing? I hadn't watched OLTL since the Cord/Tina days/Max/Gabrielle era.

by Anonymousreply 423November 14, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]Lulu conveniently left after she gave her talk.

Ah, I must have missed that. She still sucks. I remember after the teacher told her that Charlotte was being "bossy" at school she and Nina went into complete denial mode about it. On top of that, her Papa has made her believe she's an entitled princess who can do no wrong. For all his haughtiness and precociousness, at least Spencer could be entertaining at times; Charlotte is just a brat.

by Anonymousreply 424November 14, 2018 10:04 PM

I feel like maybe they switched up the Aiden transgender storyline and now they're making it about bullying. It seems like they dropped his interest in "girl" things. But it was weird that Ms. Tait called Liz and not Lulu after school ended. Charlotte was the one acting out today but Liz gets a call about Aiden who did nothing but sit there?

by Anonymousreply 425November 14, 2018 10:40 PM

I think they're dropping the transgender angle with Aiden also. I wondering if it has to do with the Charlotte actress having more acting experience and presence and it's just easier for them to work a story around her.

Wonder why they would even bring Hayden up if Rebecca Budig isn't going to make an appearance, even if it's just for a short arc and not a contract thing...

by Anonymousreply 426November 14, 2018 10:56 PM

I thought the same thing, R425, but maybe that's because it's the bully's victim that needs extra support. In the meantime, little missy is long overdue for a trip to the principal's office and a stint in detention. Or don't they do that anymore?

by Anonymousreply 427November 14, 2018 10:59 PM

If they're turning Charlotte into the female Spencer then I'm not interested. Just more for me to FF.

by Anonymousreply 428November 14, 2018 11:38 PM

It's funny that a few of the fraus have declared that couple on Days to be the new JaSam or JaSam 2.0 who everyone should get behind and worship just like original JaSam. 😂

by Anonymousreply 429November 14, 2018 11:59 PM

yes being compared to jashit is such an honor. their awful chemistry stinking up the screen on a daily basis.

STEEB trying to sell his shakes to the jashitters while Kelly continues to post pics with Billy Miller.

by Anonymousreply 430November 15, 2018 1:17 AM

I bet KMo and Billy have the hottest, nastiest sex you can imagine two straight people having. I bet he fucks her in half and she rides him like she has cancer and Billy Miller's cock is the cure. He probably cums all over those titties and her face.

by Anonymousreply 431November 15, 2018 1:26 AM

I'm not really sure what the exact nature is of the sex life of sloths, but, whatever it is, that's what I fully imagine theirs is like.

by Anonymousreply 432November 15, 2018 1:41 AM

I can only imagine if Lucky ever returned - he would be vilified to pimp Frodd

by Anonymousreply 433November 15, 2018 1:55 AM

Impossible - Ciara and Ben actually have chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 434November 15, 2018 2:03 AM

R433 Those tear ducts would be working overtime.

by Anonymousreply 435November 15, 2018 2:04 AM

The sex can't be as good as it is between Mo and Burt Burt.

by Anonymousreply 436November 15, 2018 2:26 AM

R431

Monaco & Miller are not an item. He's had the same girl friend for the last 3 years. She's not in the business. She's some sort of therapist = occupational therapist or physical therapist.

by Anonymousreply 437November 15, 2018 2:55 AM

R433

Lucky has done enough all on his own to be vilified.

by Anonymousreply 438November 15, 2018 2:58 AM

[quote]Monaco & Miller are not an item. He's had the same girl friend for the last 3 years. She's not in the business. She's some sort of therapist = occupational therapist or physical therapist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439November 15, 2018 3:30 AM

So having a girlfriend means you don't have sex with other people? HAHA! Good one.

by Anonymousreply 440November 15, 2018 3:37 AM

They may not be an item but they are definitely fucking. And, no, I'm not a crazy "Killy" fan.

by Anonymousreply 441November 15, 2018 3:37 AM

I'm sure they fucked in the past but I don't think they've been fuckbuddies for about 3 years.

Are they buddies? Sure but I think they enjoy playing it up for their looney tune fans.

by Anonymousreply 442November 15, 2018 3:48 AM

LOL...yeah I don't buy they haven't slept together in 3 years. At all.

by Anonymousreply 443November 15, 2018 4:05 AM

So let me get this straight - they actually did a special episode to prove that everyone's life would be miserable without Sonny being in the mob?

by Anonymousreply 444November 15, 2018 11:40 AM

R444.

Yes. Also, Robin would be DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 445November 15, 2018 3:16 PM

Good god. You know Mo had to be jacking himself off to that type of script.

by Anonymousreply 446November 15, 2018 3:22 PM

How quaint that in this day and age Hayden is handwriting letters with postmarks, lol, so very retro.

by Anonymousreply 447November 15, 2018 6:22 PM

LW looks "refreshed". She and MS were all over twitter yesterday wishing FV a happy birthday.

by Anonymousreply 448November 15, 2018 6:39 PM

We need the sleuths to find out if any steady bf wished Uncle Frank a happy bday

by Anonymousreply 449November 15, 2018 9:20 PM

Frank is married to the show. He's too busy inside Benard and Burton's assholes to get an actual boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 450November 15, 2018 9:22 PM

At 56, Frank has to have reg sidepiece.

by Anonymousreply 451November 15, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote]How quaint that in this day and age Hayden is handwriting letters with postmarks, lol, so very retro.

And suggesting him hopping into Italy to appease any whim for a possible reconciliation per this fucking letter. Yeah, how very 1946 or prior to.

by Anonymousreply 452November 16, 2018 1:29 AM

As per soap standard operation procedure, since Nina is fighting with Willow that would then indicate Willow is her daughter, right?

by Anonymousreply 453November 16, 2018 6:47 PM

Did Sonny kill Margaux's father?

by Anonymousreply 454November 16, 2018 6:59 PM

[R454] Yes, he went from just burying him to being the trigger man as well. Sonny's father threw the gun in a river to get rid of the evidence.

by Anonymousreply 455November 16, 2018 7:03 PM

I was so embarrassed watching Stafford in those parent-teacher conference scenes that I had to look away. At this point, she is beyond chewing scenery. Just absolutely terrible.

by Anonymousreply 456November 16, 2018 7:35 PM

R456

Stafford has made a career of chewing scenery. She chewed everything that wasn't nailed down in Genoa City & now she's gnawing like a beaver thru Port Chuckles .

by Anonymousreply 457November 16, 2018 8:11 PM

Aiden can go live with Lucky or Charlotte can push him into traffic. Just stop showing him. The conference scenes piss me off because of pussy Willow's dipshit handling of the situation which I assume is school protocol. It highlights how being pc gets no one nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 458November 16, 2018 9:15 PM

The Staff was unwatchable today.

At least we now know she's getting paid to be FV's stan-- and not for acting.

by Anonymousreply 459November 16, 2018 9:28 PM

I think the problem with this Aiden story is that they're backtracking on the original storyline which seemed to be going towards Aiden identifying as a girl. So we've had all this build up for months and now it's just about ... bullying. That's the November Sweeps story we have on Liz's end who is basically a supporting character in a story about her own child. She stands around wringing her hands while Franco takes over. That's my biggest issue with it. The scene today with Aiden drawing could have been really touching if it were Liz with him given her art background. It could have happened at home after school. But, no, we get Franco. Again.

Also, I don't know school protocol but couldn't Ms. Tait tell Lulu and Valentin that Charlotte was bullying her COUSIN?

by Anonymousreply 460November 16, 2018 9:40 PM

That's just it. School protocol must have forbade her from setting out [the] facts plainly.

by Anonymousreply 461November 16, 2018 10:09 PM

[quote] she's gnawing like a beaver thru Port Chuckles

Staff knows her way around gnawing at beaver.

by Anonymousreply 462November 16, 2018 10:11 PM

It sounds like someone put the kibosh on the original story. But why and who?

by Anonymousreply 463November 16, 2018 10:54 PM

Common sense put the kabosh on the original story maybe?

by Anonymousreply 464November 16, 2018 11:04 PM

As I mentioned up thread, I wonder if they changed Aiden story due to the acting ability of Aiden actor? Maybe he can't carry a story and the Charlotte actress can, she is a good little actress. Seems they went so far as to hire a Cassandra James to tie into the story and they must have gotten approval from ABC for Cassandra and to go forward at some earlier point.

by Anonymousreply 465November 16, 2018 11:07 PM

Well, Cassandra James can't act for shit, either. It was stunt casting, pure and simple.

Now it seems Aiden feels inferior because he's small for his age. They can still do a tie-in about feeling out of place among your peers, regardless of the reason for feeling different. The bottom line is still the toll that bullying takes, whether you're short, fat, ugly, a minority race or religion or gender non-conforming, it's all the same hurt.

by Anonymousreply 466November 16, 2018 11:50 PM

His acting ability is something they should have taken into consideration before they came up with the storyline for the character? And the point of Terri was only to be a shoulder for Liz or "Biz" to lean on when Aiden's issue was finally revealed. Unfortunately, they never intended to write for her past that.

by Anonymousreply 467November 16, 2018 11:56 PM

You mean fortunately.

by Anonymousreply 468November 17, 2018 12:53 AM

GH releases The CarSon collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469November 17, 2018 12:58 AM

So sweet that Jason will be spending the holidays with Sam. AND he remembered that she loves pumpkin donuts from Kelly's. Such riveting material!

by Anonymousreply 470November 17, 2018 1:01 AM

Graceland is going to hold a special GH fan event next year.

by Anonymousreply 471November 17, 2018 1:43 AM

So is Kiki STILL alive? If so, Ryan is one lazy ass serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 472November 17, 2018 2:00 AM

I'm reading that sweeps are no longer sweeps so November doesn't really mean anything action wise. Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 473November 17, 2018 2:10 AM

Frank promised must-see TV this month. LOL. They should have had The Purge in PC with everyone terrified and on lockdown. Who cares about the death of Mary Pat?

by Anonymousreply 474November 17, 2018 2:52 AM

Frank is full of shit

by Anonymousreply 475November 17, 2018 3:24 AM

He is not, you meanie at R475... he's a brilliant visionary storyteller and we're lucky to suck up to him!

by Anonymousreply 476November 17, 2018 3:30 AM

what about sex between wes and laura? hot or not?

by Anonymousreply 477November 17, 2018 3:58 AM

R473 A few years ago Nielsen said that they would have all markets metered (in one way or another, so sweeps would no longer be needed) by now, but they have run into major problems, which they are sorting out. It also takes a while to convert a market over from diary, just to compare numbers, see if there are any glitches, etc. I think it will be some time in 2019 or 2020 before sweeps are history.

by Anonymousreply 478November 17, 2018 5:34 AM

R466

I didn't have the same take away as you regarding what Aiden said. I don't think it meant he's being bullied because he's small.

I think his words yesterday was from an 8 y/o mind. He feels small because he's shy & not strong enough to stand up for himself.

Franco even said he doesn't see him that way at all but Aiden softly said But I am.

Being bullied has whittled down his opinion of himself.

by Anonymousreply 479November 17, 2018 12:30 PM

There is absolutely no excuse to leave Frank in charge with these current numbers, so it's obvious they are just waiting for the show to die.

by Anonymousreply 480November 17, 2018 12:42 PM

Thanks r478 for sweeps info.

Agree r480, they're just letting the show die, no need for regime changes at this point.

by Anonymousreply 481November 17, 2018 1:19 PM

Who would you suggest replace Frank as EP?

by Anonymousreply 482November 17, 2018 1:22 PM

The problem is no one will likely touch that job at this point.

by Anonymousreply 483November 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Anyone but fucking Frank. He's awful beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 484November 17, 2018 4:29 PM

Not even any of my whores watch General Hospital any more.

by Anonymousreply 485November 17, 2018 4:38 PM

The best whores watch Fraternity Row.

Or so I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 486November 17, 2018 5:34 PM

Ah, good times...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487November 17, 2018 6:55 PM

I will forever love Ron for backburnering Stumpy and for not being a particular fan of Easton.

by Anonymousreply 488November 17, 2018 11:44 PM

Apparently, they're charging almost $900 for that Graceland/GH event??

by Anonymousreply 489November 18, 2018 12:26 AM

Does it at least come with a reach around?

by Anonymousreply 490November 18, 2018 12:43 AM

For 900 bucks either Will de Vry or James Patrick Stuart would need to blow a load on my face.

by Anonymousreply 491November 18, 2018 12:45 AM

I am sure DeVry will do that for free.

by Anonymousreply 492November 18, 2018 12:46 AM

R492

Only if you hold up a mirror for him.

by Anonymousreply 493November 18, 2018 1:38 AM

R492 and R493, you both made me burst out snickering. You're both spot on.

by Anonymousreply 494November 18, 2018 2:00 AM

I think DeVry is the hottest guy on GH by far.

by Anonymousreply 495November 18, 2018 2:09 AM

What about Ramsey? He's definitely in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 496November 18, 2018 2:14 AM

DeVry agrees, R495

by Anonymousreply 497November 18, 2018 2:15 AM

R496 I'd be willing to take Wes and his nut, too.

Lawd knows he isn't giving it to Snaggletooth.

by Anonymousreply 498November 18, 2018 2:16 AM

Don't like Ramsey the actor or his character Peter and like him even less after LW posted a pic of him on her twitter on his bday which showed him reading Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 499November 18, 2018 2:19 AM

No one wants to talk about Ramsey/Wright in the sack?

by Anonymousreply 500November 18, 2018 2:53 AM

Only resident high queen soap kiss asser Fairmam wants to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501November 18, 2018 3:46 AM

I become more convinced they're bearding for each other every time I see them. But whatever.

by Anonymousreply 502November 18, 2018 1:06 PM

Who's dick is cockhound Staff slurping on?

by Anonymousreply 503November 18, 2018 1:15 PM

[quote] Who's dick

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 504November 18, 2018 1:32 PM

Janet Huber aka Aunt Viv from Fresh Prince has just been cast as Mike's love interest. They're also bringing on a former love interest of Stella's.

by Anonymousreply 505November 18, 2018 5:21 PM

Stella needs some dick BAD. The only time she's nice is when she's with Mike.

by Anonymousreply 506November 18, 2018 5:29 PM

If Annoying Auntie Stella is getting a former love interest then I'm gonna predict Curtis is Annoying Auntie's son with said former flame. This is the only way this story of an annoying aunt being so over bearing can even begin to make any sense. Did I mention she is annoying?

by Anonymousreply 507November 18, 2018 5:29 PM

Seems like they are just casting black people to call themselves "diverse" GH is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 508November 18, 2018 6:26 PM

Since Sabrina was killed off there are no more Latinos and only one Asian. If they really want to be diverse, they need to show some love for other communities, too.

by Anonymousreply 509November 18, 2018 8:14 PM

They tried to prove something by casting a transgender actress but they've done nothing with her.

by Anonymousreply 510November 18, 2018 8:43 PM

That's because hiring the transgender woman was a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 511November 19, 2018 12:08 AM

There are 3 Asians I believe

Barely used Brad

Rarely seen Asian doctor

Cult material handing girl

by Anonymousreply 512November 19, 2018 12:53 AM

The Asian doctor ( can’t recall the characters name ) was an OB. She disappeared when Britt came on. And Britt wasn’t even an OB-Gyn at first I believe that got retconned around the time she became “pregnant” with Patrick’s child. Now Tamera Braun’s Kim is the resident OB doc.

by Anonymousreply 513November 19, 2018 3:07 AM

Several warm and fuzzy scenes with Kiki reminiscing about her life and be all positive and upbeat about how great her life is now, yeah she's a goner.

by Anonymousreply 514November 19, 2018 6:30 PM

Ava is insane. I love it!

by Anonymousreply 515November 19, 2018 6:38 PM

The Kiki scenes today will be used as flashbacks during her funeral which will be a week long.

by Anonymousreply 516November 19, 2018 7:07 PM

What story will Ava have after her treacherous daughter is gone?

by Anonymousreply 517November 19, 2018 7:10 PM

Will a recast Morgan appear lurking in the shadows at Kiki's funeral? Or could BC make a cameo as an angel welcoming Kiki to Heaven?

by Anonymousreply 518November 19, 2018 7:15 PM

Kiki could wear Bjork's old Swan dress as she walks into the light.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519November 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Or would they go low enough to have Nina find out Kiki IS her daughter only after she'd been murdered?

by Anonymousreply 520November 19, 2018 7:32 PM

R520

No soap has that kind of budget. Stafford would chew thru not just the furniture but the drapes, the flooring, the wardrobe, etc..

by Anonymousreply 521November 19, 2018 8:01 PM

I miss Bryan Craig's drama and tantrums on Twitter. I am truly shocked he and Kelly Thiebauld managed to end their engagement without crazy antics on social media. Honestly, between them and the Dick of Death and Kris Alderson, the cast drama on Facebook was far more interesting than the show.

by Anonymousreply 522November 19, 2018 11:21 PM

Let me guess - Kiki’s death is tied to seeing Griffin in bed with Sasha, and guilt ensues. Suicide? Speeding car?

by Anonymousreply 523November 20, 2018 1:04 AM

I thought Ryan was gonna kill her.

by Anonymousreply 524November 20, 2018 1:05 AM

Tony G, where have you been? You've missed all of Billy and Kelly's antics on social media since Burton returned?

by Anonymousreply 525November 20, 2018 1:08 AM

Suicide! Man, I was right. Ryan is one fucking lazy ass serial killer! I don't want Kiki to kill herself. I want a good damn serial killer story. I'm don't get anything out of Ryan making goo goo eyes at Ava. There are so many in PC that many of want to see Ryan do in. At this rate it'll take him 100 years. No one should be a serial killer, but if you're going to be a serial killer at least do your job well or go into another profession. Maybe one of those guys who pushes the medication that kills prisoners at executions. Those don't happen often except in Texas. Ryan would have lots of time to goof off between jobs.

by Anonymousreply 526November 20, 2018 1:17 AM

Ryan killing Mary Pat and framing Carly? And possibly killing Kiki. That's all we get??

by Anonymousreply 527November 20, 2018 1:33 AM

For R519

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528November 20, 2018 6:21 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529November 20, 2018 11:19 AM

I'd hail Ryan a hero if he took Peter out. That's just wishful thinking I know, LW isn't FV #1 Cheerleader for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 530November 20, 2018 12:47 PM

I think Jordan may bite the dust. There sure were a lot of anvils falling yesterday.

She's useless anyway.

by Anonymousreply 531November 20, 2018 1:34 PM

Why would they off Jordan if they just hired the new actress?

by Anonymousreply 532November 20, 2018 1:44 PM

I bet nuJordan will be hurt but not killed, and Curtis will marry her in the hospital or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 533November 20, 2018 1:46 PM

The current TJ actor is being replaced, too. I love Curtis, but the rest of the Ashford group is becoming rather dull.

by Anonymousreply 534November 20, 2018 5:26 PM

R534

They were always dull. Jordan has been an unlikable character since day one. TJ has been less than a recurring character. Both should've been written off long ago.

Curtis should've been a Ward. That would tie him to the Qs.

by Anonymousreply 535November 20, 2018 5:37 PM

Really GF, that's the best crying you can do after all these decades at this soap gig? All the petitions and outcry for your return and you can't eek out a few real tears, expected better.

by Anonymousreply 536November 20, 2018 6:33 PM

What is this, GH “This Is Your Life”?

by Anonymousreply 537November 20, 2018 7:17 PM

R534 That actor landed a lead role in a new tv show which is why GH recast the role.

by Anonymousreply 538November 20, 2018 7:41 PM

GF is usually a FANTASTIC crier. IDK what happened today. Maybe she realizes how stupid this story is and couldn't be bothered.

Also, did they just drop the election tampering story? And Escape Room antics? Today's episode was like a sitcom. Horrible!

by Anonymousreply 539November 20, 2018 10:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540November 20, 2018 11:42 PM

R540- Ha! Laura and Kevin number ONE!

Take that Tony, with your Luke and Tracy nonsense. Oh and your Luke and Felicia crap.

by Anonymousreply 541November 21, 2018 3:43 AM

NuJordan — horrible recast. Too stylized for a cop. Replacing Jordan and TJ makes this wedding an absolute bust. And why they care about Curtis’ annoying aunt is anyone’s guess.

The election tampering was done away with? We got two scenes. It was ridiculous anyway. Was Laura ruwhile she was out of town and living somewhere else?

The escape room stuff was TRAGIC. I was literally yelling “CANCEL THIS SHIT!”

by Anonymousreply 542November 21, 2018 4:21 AM

I don't mind NuJordan. I just think she needs a better storyline. They should break Jordan and Curtis up for a while and test her with other people.

Escape Room should have been a campy Halloween episode. It was hilarious to watch Sam explain all the serial killers since the room was filled with newbies. Kelly Monaco looked bored as fuck but that's how she is most days. She only attempts to act when Billy Miller is around.

Also, it was bizarre they had a cut out of Franco up there since TPTB have spent so much time yelling "It was the tumor!!" at the audience. What a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 543November 21, 2018 5:45 AM

One thing I did like about Escape Room: The Lazy Susan was a reference to the long-gone but not forgotten story line of when Heather laced Diana Taylor's iced tea with LSD to make her go crazy, then ended up drinking it herself.

by Anonymousreply 544November 21, 2018 6:06 AM

Regarding the election.....due to the tampering Ned & Laura have to have a run off.

by Anonymousreply 545November 21, 2018 12:18 PM

I need Mo in me quite deeply

by Anonymousreply 546November 21, 2018 2:06 PM

They can't be going too deep with the Laura/Kevin coupling.

Jon Lindstrom just got another gig on another show so I assume this will wrap soon.

by Anonymousreply 547November 21, 2018 3:41 PM

Let's see what happens when the Ryan story is over. Genie will be back to doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 548November 21, 2018 5:34 PM

SB and KeMo look so comfortable spooning together, NOT.

by Anonymousreply 549November 21, 2018 6:57 PM

KeMo posted - then deleted - about not being invited, along with Billy, to Disneyland or Graceland with other castmates. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 550November 21, 2018 7:19 PM

LOL r550, maybe they didn't want to wake them, both of them always appear to be sleepwalking. Although it does speak volumes about behind the scenes stuff there, wish we had an insider there for more scoop, I can only imagine what the real deal has been since SB blew back into town on his high horse.

by Anonymousreply 551November 21, 2018 7:29 PM

R550

Kelly can sit her messy ass down. She wasn't the only cast member not invited. Tons were not. I'd also be glad I wasn't involved because I'd be ashamed to be a part of an event that's charging fans $900 plus airfare, lodging, food, etc.. Not to mention she needs to wake up, put on her big girl panties and act what's on the page whether she likes it or not.

And I say this as someone who could give 2 flying fucks about Jason/Sam vs Drew/Sam bullshit. That being said it's obvious the show is rebuilding the Jason/Sam story so put your issues aside & do your fucking job. I don't know WTF is going on behind the scenes (nobody does) but this would hardly be the first story where there was friction BTS . In those other cases the actors stepped up, did their jobs & sold the fuck out of it. You're paid to sell what's on the page not what you want.

by Anonymousreply 552November 21, 2018 8:40 PM

$900+? I can't imagine paying that kind of money even at the height of the soap era, add a couple thousand more and take a decent vacation, SMH. Does that $900 include whatever the latest vitamin/supplement/juice Burton is selling or is that extra?

by Anonymousreply 553November 21, 2018 8:51 PM

Kelly is so passive aggressive. Her rabid Jasam fans are, of course, attacking the actors invited to those events. She knew exactly what she was doing posting, and then deleting, that crap. Her fans are like attack dogs while she stays quiet until they're attacking her or Billy.

If she's so unhappy that she can't even be bothered to attempt to act in her scenes then she needs to leave. She's easily replaceable on this show. I'm sure her crazy fangirls will follow her anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 554November 21, 2018 9:16 PM

Kelly hates Steve Burton and doesn't want to work with him. You all hate Steve Burton so why are you trashing Kelly for feeling the same way you all do? Would you want to be forced into a pairing with someone you hated?

by Anonymousreply 555November 21, 2018 9:28 PM

I don't understand why they're forcing Jasam anyway. It's not like Steve can't survive on the show without the pairing.

by Anonymousreply 556November 21, 2018 9:31 PM

R555

Honey, do you have a job? Every single person in the world has to work with people they don't like. We suck it up & do our job or we find another job.

I can name so many pairings on soaps or movies who had tremendous problems offstage but they acted like grown ups, left their opinion in the dressing room & then went out & played what was on the page.

If she or anyone else wants to act like brats and sulk on screen (Billy Miller) or sleepwalk then leave the show. It called a J-O-B for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 557November 21, 2018 10:53 PM

I have this terrible feeling that Kelly Monaco has an absolutely filthy pussy.

by Anonymousreply 558November 22, 2018 12:52 AM

RYAN WAIT!!!!! Don't leave yet! Don't forget to serial murder Sonny, Carly and Jason!!!

by Anonymousreply 559November 22, 2018 2:14 AM

How was the Thanksgiving episode today?

by Anonymousreply 560November 22, 2018 4:38 AM

It was terrible. Thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 561November 22, 2018 4:58 AM

R560

GH is a day behind due to the Cheeto President. The Thanksgiving episode will air Monday.

Today they're airing a classic episode from 2000.

by Anonymousreply 562November 22, 2018 12:58 PM

WTF would you expect from TG episode of GH? The Corinthos' gathered, saying thanks for the mob?

Random newbies forced together?

by Anonymousreply 563November 22, 2018 1:27 PM

^^ the whole cast are random newbies!

by Anonymousreply 564November 22, 2018 1:36 PM

I am sure you would get the heart and soul of GH - Stumpy - carving a big old bird. The self-righteous shitpile of Carly, Sam, and the Borg will be giving thanks for having Stumpy as their leader.

Todd will be up to his usual antics, chewing and spitting food at that girl he's involved with. What's her name again?

Nina's insta-family, Finn's insta-family, Drew's insta-family. Maybe they will throw in the black insta-family for diversity.

Happy Thanksgiving from Uncle Frankie!

by Anonymousreply 565November 22, 2018 1:54 PM

LOL r565 and so true.

by Anonymousreply 566November 22, 2018 2:16 PM

When is there going to be another murder? Hell everyone has forgotten Mary Pat's bobbing head already.

by Anonymousreply 567November 22, 2018 2:29 PM

Kiki's death should be any day now ...

by Anonymousreply 568November 22, 2018 4:00 PM

I watched the classic TG episode from 2000 that aired today. It was so damn good.

My God how I missed the Q home filled with snarking family. The Brownstone filled with friends & family. The 4 Musketeers celebrating together.

I hate Carly/Sonny but they were so tolerable today because they did not monopolize the show & Mo/SJB actually had chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 569November 22, 2018 7:19 PM

Sorry I missed today's classic episode, wonder if it will be OnDemand later...

by Anonymousreply 570November 22, 2018 8:01 PM

Today just highlighted what an absolute mess this show has become. It made me sad to see The Q's, Zander and the brownstone.

by Anonymousreply 571November 22, 2018 8:25 PM

How is it possible to have the EXACT same haircut for so damn many years? I'm talking to you, Alexis Davis!

by Anonymousreply 572November 22, 2018 9:40 PM

Zander is Cameron's father? If so, they cast nuCameron well as they look alike.

by Anonymousreply 573November 23, 2018 11:39 PM

R569 IIRC, Sonny and Carly became a couple because Benard wanted to work with SJB. When she left they should have axed the pairing.

by Anonymousreply 574November 24, 2018 12:22 AM

R573 Yes, Zander is Cameron's father. The first teen Cameron had dark hair which makes more sense but the poor kid was ... not good and didn't last very long. I wish they'd give us a scene with Liz telling Cam about his father especially since they're kind of similar.

R574 I think MB and Tamara had chemistry. I've never seen ANY with him and LW.

by Anonymousreply 575November 24, 2018 5:51 AM

The show was actually a mess back then - it's sad now what everyone deems as good in comparison to the dreck that followed.

by Anonymousreply 576November 24, 2018 12:40 PM

Making Xander the father was ridiculous. He should've been Ric's

Why tie the next generation to a useless father with no ties to the show & who you're killing off?

by Anonymousreply 577November 24, 2018 4:03 PM

I didn't watch for many years. Yikes! Liz sure got around.

by Anonymousreply 578November 24, 2018 8:23 PM

I think when Liz slept with Zander, she had only been with Lucky at that point and kissed Jason a few times. I loved Ric and Liz ... I thought the actors had nice chemistry. IIrc, they were headed towards the first round of Liason around that time but then they suddenly put Jason with Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 579November 24, 2018 8:44 PM

R579

No, Elizabeth had already been with Ric when she got pregnant with Cam.

Ric/Liz had broken up. She & Xander had a one night stand. Both were in a bad place. She because of Ric and Xander because Emily was cheating on him with Nik.

Ric didn't care that she was pregnant. He wanted to be the father.

by Anonymousreply 580November 24, 2018 8:54 PM

R580. Ah ok. I thought she was with Zander more than once. My memory is hazy. I need to go find clips during that time. I just remember Nik and Emily on CONSTANTLY which made me hate them. TPTB seemed to be in love with Natalia Livingston.

by Anonymousreply 581November 24, 2018 9:16 PM

I think Kiki dies next week... finally.

by Anonymousreply 582November 24, 2018 9:53 PM

Well, Ryan is certainly taking his sweet time with Kiki. The hots he has for Ava is taking his mind off his real job. Another serial killer should come to town and Ryan should be demoted to assistant serial killer. Right not he's at best a grade D serial killer. Shameful!! If he had a father that father should ground him until he gets it together.

by Anonymousreply 583November 25, 2018 1:29 AM

The pacing of this Ryan story has been pretty terrible.

by Anonymousreply 584November 25, 2018 1:37 AM

Liz is the town bicycle

by Anonymousreply 585November 25, 2018 1:42 AM

We all want Ryan to start offing people but FV insists on having a cast of 1000.

Any other soap who be ratcheting up the drama by Ryan going on a killing spree = Kiki, Griffin, Sasha, Oscar, Peter, Stella, and nuJordan

Ryan may be a stone cold killer but he's always had a weakness for children. He could do a mercy killing on Oscar but no one would ever think it was related to the other kills. That could dovetail into the police thinking Drew, Kim, Monica or Terry did it.

by Anonymousreply 586November 25, 2018 3:53 AM

Ryan's mercy killing would be ridding us viewers of Spenser.

by Anonymousreply 587November 25, 2018 6:44 AM

Ryan should kill Spencer AND Lulu.

by Anonymousreply 588November 25, 2018 6:48 AM

R587

I'm hoping Spencer is leaving soon. One day this week he said he was ready to return to Europe

by Anonymousreply 589November 25, 2018 12:57 PM

If Nik isn't coming back then what is the point of Spencer being there especially since they refuse to age him? Who wants to see Laura/GF stuck with him?

by Anonymousreply 590November 25, 2018 6:27 PM

Well, some damn Cassadine or another is coming back, if we are supposed to take that business with the signet ring seriously. I wonder if the replacement deal they were lining up fell through. Or maybe they can't make up their minds whether it should be Nik or Stefan, or both. Maybe Valentin's business with the phony daughter has to blow up in his face before they can sideline him to make room for other Cassadines. Perhaps he'll scurry off to Europe to pout and sulk for a while.

by Anonymousreply 591November 25, 2018 7:28 PM

Re: Cassadine's ... what is the deal with Alexis and that bracelet? I felt they were gearing up for something but nothing ever came of it?

by Anonymousreply 592November 25, 2018 8:35 PM

Haven't they overplayed the Cassadines? Wasn't there supposed to be some storyline where Laura actually gave birth to twins and Helena hid the other child or something?

by Anonymousreply 593November 25, 2018 9:01 PM

Oh God. Not ANOTHER unknown twin story.

by Anonymousreply 594November 25, 2018 9:25 PM

Next thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595November 25, 2018 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!