Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: The Case of the Missing Mayhem

Or, Is That All There Is?

Like a cruel mistress, this show teases and teases and teases but never delivers the climax. Where's our un-happy ending, huh? We want suspense, we want twists and turns and tricky mysteries. Hot sex and a few laughs. Most of all, we want BODIES! One severed head does not a murder spree make. Chop, chop! Andele!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601December 18, 2018 10:43 AM

Please, please, please make Finn the next victim. Oh, hell, they'll just bring the actor back as yet another character.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2018 10:49 PM

If Ryan kills Finn then we'll have no FAnna!!

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2018 11:09 PM

Robert and Anna! Time to cut out all the unneeded characters - Finn, Franco, Nina, Valentin, Julian, Margaux, Kim...to name a few of the obvious ones!

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2018 11:57 PM

[R2]

You say that as though it were a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2018 12:46 AM

I just want Ryan to get off his ass and do a little house cleaning in PC. We have a cast of thousands when really all that is needed and interesting is about a dozen of the characters.

If not it's time for some natural disaster to hit PC again. Whatever it is let it take out Sonny, Carly and Jason. Then all the newbies and I don't mean Franco and Finn. They are no longer newbies. The two look alike daughters of Nina wold be a good place to start with getting rid of newbies and that Finn's brother, goodbye to him too. While no newbies get rid of Maxie, Lulu, Peter, Spencer, Oscar and Joss. All a waste of the lousy few minutes of actual show time we get. I liked the Jordan Curtis story until they switched Jordans. This new one is prettier but she sucks and has no chemistry with anyone. I like the Mike story. Just let him have it without Sonny and Carly. Oh and that Kristina. What a bomb came to PC with that actress/character.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2018 2:03 AM

I guess I don't understand the complaint about too many characters. Maybe I'm old, but I remember when soaps would have 35-40 people on contract.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2018 2:10 AM

You want to see the characers you are invested in drive story. Having all these newbies and characters you don’t care about take over the show it becomes unwatchable. It’s a matter of opinion but the more expensive “name” actors playing irrelevant charters could be money spent on the things viewers do care about - yeah I’m talking to you Michelle Staff!

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2018 2:15 AM

Sonny, Carly, Jason and Sam will be the leads until this show finally dies. I don't expect anything to change with that. Though it pisses me off that Kelly Monaco is allowed to sleepwalk when she doesn't feel like working. And while I do think the cast is bloated, I believe the main problem is there's no balance on the show. If they insist on continuing to add to the cast, then spread the wealth! There are people who are on constantly and in multiple storylines and then there are those who we see once a week, maybe twice. Some characters will have a scene and then we won't see them again until two segments later. It's all over the place. They also have no idea how to slowly integrate newbies. There is no need for Sasha to be on damn near every day. She's in the Nina storyline and already in a non-triangle with Griffin and Kiki. I don't care about her!

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2018 2:22 AM

What R8 said

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2018 2:32 AM

Why is this show obsessed with pairings that have no chemistry? Stump and Ms. Wright are horrible together as are Burton and Monaco, the latter is coma inducing.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2018 2:45 AM

Carson and Jasam are endgame!!!

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2018 3:34 AM

So Kiki dies this week? Boy GH sure does have a long history of offing people right before Christmas. Just puts you in that festive mood.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2018 3:50 AM

Will Spencer be a victim? Pretty please.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2018 4:36 AM

Not enough deaths, too long coming.

They’re ruining a potentially good thing, just like they ruined SB’s return.

Ryan needs to kill Oscar, I know that. And then kill lesbian Kristina, who is so damn annoying and worthless. And then kill Mike, because the Alzheimer’s story is tired. And then kill nuJordan, because she’s styled like a model instead of a police commissioner.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Who the hell would even want to get with plank Jason for a ltr? Maybe some bimbo or older woman for nsa penetration purposes but they wouldn't do that because it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2018 4:56 AM

R10- No matter who is writing the show or producing it, they always seem chemistry-blind. Like the time they let Luke and Felicia go on endlessly even though the audience needed eye bleach to get through it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2018 4:59 AM

I don't understand the Jason/Sam/Drew crap. SB came back for this non-triangle crap? Jason and Sam are just so awkward to watch. There is nothing there. Test him with other actresses already.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2018 5:05 AM

Why did Dominick Zamprogna leave the show? What is he doing now?

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2018 5:12 AM

A friend of his has been asking for GH cast members to retweet a fundraising link for a movie he's supposed to star in. A few of them have. That's all I've seen/heard about Dominick. The Sonny episode was the best writing he's had in years.

Lulu should join Dante on his "special assignment" btw.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2018 5:27 AM

R7 I thought you were talking to Nancy Grahn.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2018 5:37 AM

When is Stafford's contract up?

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2018 6:12 AM

I want to eat the Staff’s snatch.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2018 10:06 AM

Watching the 2000 Thanksgiving episode, I was struck by several things:

Maurice Benard was a good actor at that point. Sarah Brown brought out the best in him. And he hadn't fallen into all his lazy acting ticks that he has today.

The Qs were the show's core. It was a joy to watch the family interact, bickering and all. Thanks Bob Guza for systematically killing off the family.

Bobbie was the emotional center of the show. Loved watching her host Thanksgiving and making everyone, including me, feel welcome. Thanks Brian Frons for pushing her off the canvas.

Its a shame the Bobbie-Roy DeLucca pairing never took off. I thought Jackie Zeman and A Martinez had nice chemistry together. (However, nothing that came close to comparing to off-the-charts chemistry that A Martinez and Marcy Walker had on Santa Barbara). Anyone recall why A Martinez left the show?

Colton Scott/Stephen Martines sure was pretty when he was 25. But gay face for days! Hard to buy Nikolas paired with a woman when Martines was playing the part.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2018 10:22 AM

So given today's ending, hopefully Griffin will be so consumed with remorse at leaving her alone that he will leave town and go to some monastery and never be heard from again. Even better if he somehow talks Peter into going with him but I know that's asking for too much.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2018 7:14 PM

Finally Ryan's killing somebody besides a non-contract character. Buh, bye Kiki! At one time I'd hate to see you go but after all the crap you said about your mother? Good riddance!

Why are they rushing this Jordan & Curtis wedding? Why should we be invested in them especially when Jordan & TJ are played by brand new actors. Not to mention Jordan/TJ look like they should be marrying each other instead of being mother & son.

When are TPTB going to wake up & realize the kid playing Oscar can not act at all? And when are they going to tell Miller he needs to wake & and emote if he wants to receive his paycheck?

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2018 7:26 PM

r25, I agree with everything you said and am baffled every time the Sluggish and Lethargic Duo (BM & KM) appear on screen as to how they keep their jobs in their semi comatose states. Whether California is an At Will or Just Cause employment state, seems ABC could fire them without repercussion either way.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2018 8:27 PM

Fired? Stumpy has been phoning it in for 20 years. Burton staring blankly is considered showing up as well now? I suspect Miller will be leaving soon anyway. Monaco is never going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2018 8:52 PM

R27

Miller signed a new contract in October. He can be let go every 26 weeks.

TPTB should jerk a knot in his ass & tell him to earn his salary or he'll be cut at the 26 week mark.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2018 8:59 PM

I think Stumpy wasn't mentioned for firing because it's just futile, they (FV) have somehow christened him the "patriarch" of the show, FV even gave him a shout out as their "leader" at some Emmy show, SMH and beyond baffling. MonavieSteve and his zero talent and return of said talent deficit is the cause of the sleepwalking duo's defiant performances and as mentioned on other threads, the average employee would not get away with such behavior. I don't doubt BM isn't in it for the long haul but if he really wants his primetime JustinHartley/ThisIsUs big break he needs to actually deliver at whatever job he currently has. I can't imagine Justin was happy going back to soaps after doing primetime but we all got bills to pay and he was very good on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2018 9:06 PM

Yea not sure why Billy hasn't been let go either. Maybe he's got some dirt on grease bag Valentini.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2018 10:04 PM

Kelly Monaco is a lifer. No one is going to tell her to wake the hell up during her scenes. She's been pulling that shit for years and they still made her a lead.

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2018 10:13 PM

So what's with Peter's lovesick teenager act, so creepy.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2018 11:01 PM

So will Maura West's emmy reel performance/reaction to the death be tomorrow or Wed I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2018 11:29 PM

I hate snarky, sneering Maura West. She’s got one facial expression and it’s ugly. Wish Ryan would chop her into a million pieces.

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2018 11:56 PM

I only watched ATWT for a brief time during the Cady McClain years but I never realized how huge Maura West is? People on twitter WORSHIP her. You can't say anything bad about Ava without someone flipping out.

However, I'd rather watch her than Stafford.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2018 12:10 AM

When I started watching GH, I couldn't stand Ava, but the actress eventually won me over because her facial expresses remind me of the Coyote when he's plotting something against the Roadrunner. It's like MW realizes she's playing a cartoon villain.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2018 1:11 AM

Maura's kids get all angry when she's not given a story. They go to social media and cry.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2018 1:19 AM

Why was Drew not at his friends wedding instead of having the same conversation with Kim about Oscar’s treatment for the millionth time.

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2018 1:52 AM

From the first day of GH to the day he died, John Beradino was top billed on GH (even during the whole Luke & Laura craze)

General Hospital

Starring

John Beradino

As

Dr. Steve Hardy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2018 1:56 AM

Anyone who disses Maura West needs to turn in their gay card.

And anyone who thinks her Ava bears any similarities to her role of Carly on ATWT is a fucking loon.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2018 5:46 AM

This is really dumb and pathetic, but watching the credits R39 posted, I remembered the day I got all excited when I noticed they added Genie Francis's name at the end of the credits. I had huge crush on her, and figured that was a pretty big deal for a 16 year old actress - and that was a good two years before Anthony Geary came on the show!

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2018 5:51 AM

Who the fuck is KiKi?

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2018 6:35 AM

r38, because Jordan and Curtis decide to get married on Thanksgiving Day and ruin holiday plans for half of the town.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2018 1:23 PM

Mark my words; Jason and Carly, coming soon.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2018 7:37 PM

R44

LW & SBu have both said that will never happen unless MB leaves.

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2018 7:41 PM

GH cheated us out of seeing Kiki's murder but her dead body was in Jordan/Curtis' honeymoon suite.

I hope we get a flashback to her murder.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2018 7:43 PM

It appeared Kiki got to keep her head.

Maybe Ryan removed something else?

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2018 7:46 PM

Are they gonna frame pouty Griffin for her murder?

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2018 7:50 PM

GF is lookin a little tired, is she weary of this gig already? We need her to stay strong and hang in there for whichever Cassadine is in the limo with Cassandra/MeganOLTL.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2018 7:54 PM

[R48]

Griffin touched the broken glass and shawl, so there's fingerprints and DNA available to give Margo and Jordan a few scenes of giving him the Carly treatment.

I wonder who Ava is going to go after?

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2018 7:57 PM

😬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2018 9:01 PM

R49

I think Genie's face looks great but her hair is dragging her down. It needs some highlights & some layers.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2018 9:05 PM

That Port Charles Teleporter sure comes in handy, doesn't it? So many uses. I imagine that must be how Ryan was able to drag a body across town in the middle of the day and then sneak it onto a yacht filled with law enforcement completely undetected.

I'll bet he used the silk shawl to strangle her. Ruh-roh, Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2018 9:22 PM

Yes that PC Teleporter does come in handy as does the fact that there are apparently no security cameras in PC. Does Amazon not deliver to the PC area? Seems some Nest cameras would come in handy at say the dock, hospital, hospital garage, MC, etc.

I wouldn't mind if dull as dishwater Griffin got too close to the truth and Ryan took him out too but as mentioned up thread Ryan has turned out to be a rather lazy serial killer so I'm not holding my breath for that.

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2018 9:59 PM

R44 TBH I'm surprised they haven't tried that yet. Carly is still obsessed with Jason after all these years and I can't believe she hasn't tried anything with him again.

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2018 10:17 PM

I wonder if they are really going to have Oscar die. The story is a bust in that the character isn't anyone the audience is invested in and the actor isn't a strong enough actor to carry the story. Also the actors playing his parents are a snoozefest, sorry Tamara liked you as Carly but this Kim is so badly written. They should have given the story to Cam, actor could have pulled it off and audience would be crying buckets at the thought of Liz losing a child. So I predict a miracle cure in Oscar's future and we'll just forget this nonsense ever happened and Oscar will just happily live at cult headquarters (again not a story line this actor can carry but whatever).

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2018 10:45 PM

I don't think he's going to die. They're gearing up for that cult story with him and Kristina. Why? I don't know. Maybe an attempt to make them interesting? Speaking of Kristina sorta ... is Haley Pullos a.k.a Molly on recurring? We never see her.

And I agree that Cam should be the lead in the story. He's the best actor out of the teen bunch and Becky Herbst would finally get some material.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2018 10:54 PM

I thought I read Oscar wasn’t really sick. It was munchausen by proxy. No? That’d be a good story line and something new for soaps.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2018 10:54 PM

R56

It would've definitely played better if Cam had been the one ill. He's a kid we've known since birth. Becky Herbst is a master at evoking warmth, tenderness & maternal love. Roger Howarth would be so much better than Billy Miller who only looks bored & sullen in every scenes.

Elizabeth being frantic & resorting to drastic measures would've played better because Liz has already suffered the "death" of Jake. We'd totally buy that she would go over the edge trying to force her son into therapy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2018 10:55 PM

Nothing like watching howarth eat like a pig in scenes.

by Anonymousreply 60November 28, 2018 4:11 AM

Or watching Wright snarl every time she says her lines.

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2018 4:40 AM

Serial killer storylines are worthless unless you show the murders. The pacing on this story is bad enough without seeing some of the killing itself.

by Anonymousreply 62November 28, 2018 6:54 AM

Agreed R62. This entire storyline had so much potential and it flopped.

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2018 8:06 AM

And murdering a young woman who just won a #metoo court case, during the holidays no less....kind of a downer. I mean - cults, teens with cancer, serial killers - give us a break Frank! I need a fucking Prozac to watch this show.

by Anonymousreply 64November 28, 2018 9:45 AM

New promo is released. Kiki is ding dong dead & Ava/Ryan are getting their freak on between the sheets.

by Anonymousreply 65November 28, 2018 1:51 PM

Soaps can mostly only now afford scenes where the actors stand in front of the camera and say their lines.

Murder scenes are a lot more expensive, as they need to be highly choreographed and need extra preparation time and camera work.

by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2018 2:12 PM

Makes sense they don't have the budget these days for special effects and stunts. Also what small budget they do have for stunts has probably been depleted for several years to come by last years superhero Jason crashing through the roof along with the underwater rescue of his IdontwanttoworkwithyouIlikeBillybetter former co-star.

by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2018 2:28 PM

R66

GH showed the extremely brutal murder of Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2018 2:29 PM

Per SOD

Ryan frames Griffin for Kiki's murder. He plants the bloody knife in Griffin'a apartment.

by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2018 2:30 PM

Good, I hope Dr. Priest gets wrongly convicted and this bland character goes away. Maybe they could then use his salary to subsidize the return of Stephen Nichols or Rebecca Budig or a well known actor as Nik.

by Anonymousreply 70November 28, 2018 2:34 PM

R70

MC doesn't make enough to fund the salary of a soap vet like Nichols or Budig. If they write out Griffin they should use that money to put hottie Ryan Carnes on contract. Lucas is a doctor & related to half the cast.

GH needs to also can Sasha, Willow, Nina, Valentin, Peter, Kim,Oscar, & Drew. They are either unneeded and/or stayed long past their time. Stefan could return and avenge the death of his son by killing Valentin. A distraught Nina could move away.. Kim/Drew/Oscar could reunite as a family & move away.. I know Ryan only kills women but he needs to make an exception with Peter. He needs to die in the most horrible was possible.

Budig should return once Anna/Finn are rock solid. Hayden popping in with the baby would be good angst.

by Anonymousreply 71November 28, 2018 2:52 PM

r71

I like your ideas especially regarding Peter, can't stand him. Cassadine conflict is really the route they should be taking to incite some interest instead of all these newbies. Also on that note, I'd love more Valentin and Natasha scenes, enjoy it when he needles her and calls her "Sis" and she looks revolted. They should have explored their brother/sister relationship more.

I was offering up MC"s salary as a subsidy, incentive towards someone more useful, lol. It would take a Staff size salary to be freed up to fully cover another soap vet like SN I know but being she is FV's biggest cheerleader on social media I've resigned myself that's never going to happen and she and her big goofy grin are here to stay.

Would love Ryan Carnes to be full time but only without Brad, the actor makes the pair unwatchable for me, he is not good.

by Anonymousreply 72November 28, 2018 3:15 PM

I read a couple years ago that Ryan Carnes does not want to go contract. I don't know if that is still true though. Does he get other work?

by Anonymousreply 73November 28, 2018 3:18 PM

Yeah r68 it's funny how the show could afford to film Sabrina's brutal murder scene when they weren't paying SB's salary.

by Anonymousreply 74November 28, 2018 3:36 PM

Ryan was recently in a Mexican film and I think has done some other projects.I think in some joint interview with Parry although I could be wrong they both said that they would like to be on contract but that it was up to ptb at GH. Parry I believe has recently been doing science videos for NASA and a few other projects when not in GH.

by Anonymousreply 75November 28, 2018 3:42 PM

R73

I read the recaps from GH Fan Club Weekend and Carnes said he'd love a contract..

R72

I have a feeling Brucas will implode once the truth comes out about the baby. At that point I'd welcome Felix stepping in forst as a friend but then have them rekindle things. Brad works best as a troublemaker.

by Anonymousreply 76November 28, 2018 3:47 PM

Felix supposedly has a bf.

by Anonymousreply 77November 28, 2018 3:59 PM

Thirty-five years ago today, Luke and Laura were reunited in the yard of the mayor's mansion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 28, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote]Makes sense they don't have the budget these days for special effects and stunts. Also what small budget they do have for stunts has probably been depleted

Apparently Frank doesn't have the money for light bulbs either.Recent episodes have been so darkly lit.

I've never seen the Q foyer so dimly lit as it was for the Thanksgiving episodes. And you'd think most brides would want a bright church where everything was clearly visible, but Curtis and Jordan's wedding was also dimly lit.

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2018 5:33 PM

So many “big name” actors need to go so their salery could free up money for the ones we care about...

Getting Ryan Carnes on contract is a great idea! I’d love Stephen Nichols and Tyler Christopher back!

Let’s lose Nina, Griff, Peter, Valentin...to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2018 7:09 PM

Agree r79, terrible lighting. Maybe they could get Meghan Markle's father back in there, he did win an Emmy for his lighting at GH.

Is it too much these days to expect soap actors to squeeze out a tear or two during sad scenes instead of just contorted faces and cry sounds? Don't they have eye drops or something to help the actor along? Or are the eye drops not in the budget either? Although I'm sure MW will bring the tears and smeared mascara tomorrow and make up for the others.

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2018 7:20 PM

I don't think they'll hire Tyler Christopher again. If Nik returns, it'll be a recast.

by Anonymousreply 82November 28, 2018 8:12 PM

Griffin eventually brought the tears but holding on to the bloody scarf was dumb. Like, dumb as in he wouldn’t have done that.

by Anonymousreply 83November 28, 2018 8:13 PM

Eden McCoy was struggling to cry during her scenes with Laura Wright yesterday. She finally got a teary-eyed when Joss and Cam met up .. yet people have been praising her acting in this storyline. I think she's as screechy as LW sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 84November 28, 2018 8:15 PM

The kid that deserves praise is the one playing Cam. He's got enough talent for both "Oscar" and "Joss".

by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2018 8:17 PM

R83

I never saw a single tear from Griffin. That guy is pretty but he can't act for shit. He has 1 expression = earnest with raised brows. Today he tried to contort his face but no tears. He finally just covered his face with his hands.

by Anonymousreply 86November 28, 2018 8:19 PM

Nice to see Laura praising Franco today. RME.

by Anonymousreply 87November 28, 2018 8:19 PM

Lulu and Maxie barely reacted to the news of Kiki's death. I guess they weren't close to BFFs.

Was the director even present during their scenes?

by Anonymousreply 88November 28, 2018 8:20 PM

Emme and KStorms were both terrible in those scenes. I think they're both awful anyway but they didn't even attempt a reaction. And does Valley Girl Lulu take that stupid recorder everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 89November 28, 2018 8:24 PM

R87

Why wouldn't Laura? Elizabeth & Franco have been seeing each other for almost 3 years & Laura supports their relationship. Franco has supported Elizabeth & those boys better than any man ever has. He's turned his life around unlike 90% of the other criminals in PC.

by Anonymousreply 90November 28, 2018 8:25 PM

I know. I know. The tumor made him do everything including holding Lulu captive with a bomb. Just can't get into this good guy act though. I'm trying.

And I just want them to give Liz scenes with her boys, especially Aiden, WITHOUT Franco.

by Anonymousreply 91November 28, 2018 8:36 PM

Griffin had the tears going when he was sitting back in the ballroom or whatever after finding the body. Or at least after props showed up with an eye dropper.

by Anonymousreply 92November 28, 2018 8:46 PM

I wonder if we'll get flashbacks to him killing her. Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 93November 28, 2018 8:47 PM

Why exactly were Kiki and Griffin guests at Jordan and Curtis' wedding, anyway? I can't think of a single connection they have.

by Anonymousreply 94November 28, 2018 9:19 PM

Joss has been getting praise lately. I don't watch the show but according to the "stans" she's killing it!

by Anonymousreply 95November 28, 2018 9:23 PM

R95

I hate the actress that plays Joss. She has co-opted Laura Wright's every bad acting schtick

by Anonymousreply 96November 28, 2018 9:47 PM

Maura's tweet to Hayley today is nice:

I love you, Hayley. And you are stuck with me...cuz once you’re my fake tv daughter...you’re my family forever and for real. ♥️♥️♥️ we will continue to watch you sparkle!! 🌟🌟🌟

by Anonymousreply 97November 28, 2018 10:07 PM

R78- I remember that episode. It was so well written with Laura secretly saying "goodbye" to Port Charles. She ended up at the mayor's mansion and as she walks under the balcony, Luke walks out on to the balcony. And you had a shot of both of them, not knowing about each other's presence.

That's how you write a suspenseful scene.

by Anonymousreply 98November 28, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote] I guess I don't understand the complaint about too many characters. Maybe I'm old, but I remember when soaps would have 35-40 people on contract.

The budgets don't allow for that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 99November 28, 2018 10:59 PM

[R96]

I agree with you. I can't stand Joss because she is basically Carly's giant Mini-me in all the wrong ways.

The actress is good, I'll giver her that much.

by Anonymousreply 100November 28, 2018 11:08 PM

For R94

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 28, 2018 11:17 PM

The thing about the Josslyn actress is that she isn't bad but who gaf about her existence? She's kinda a plain Jane with no wattage so to speak and her voice is very valley with a undertones of Mortimer Snerd.

by Anonymousreply 102November 29, 2018 12:05 AM

You really have a way with a phrase and your analytical skills are right on point, R102!

by Anonymousreply 103November 29, 2018 12:13 AM

I agree R102 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2018 12:36 AM

So they kill a character that not that many viewers care about and a guy no one cares about gets the blame. Idiots. Well the up side is that Ryan finally got off his lazy ass. I can't imagine he's much of a lover. He'll probably just lie there and Ava will have to do all the work.

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2018 12:55 AM

How long if ever til Ava realizes "Kevin" doesn't have the gun shot scar from when Valentin shot him? Ava was there when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2018 12:57 AM

My remark tain't nothing really r103, r104. If she was written more wackadoo and as an inadvertent troublemaker headcase that moved story she might be more intriguing and establish the character as she grew into adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 107November 29, 2018 1:34 AM

According to the rumors

Burton makes $10,000 an episode

Benard makes $9000 and episode but has a bigger guarantee so he makes more

Miller/Stafford/Howarth are in the $7500 an episode range

KMo/Wright are in the $5000 an episode range

West/Easton/Finola/Herbst are in the $3500 an episode range

by Anonymousreply 108November 29, 2018 1:44 AM

There's no way Miller makes more than Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 109November 29, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote] There's no way Miller makes more than Kelly.

I could see it. He's a bigger get. And she's a vapid whore.

by Anonymousreply 110November 29, 2018 2:49 AM

R86

That episode remains iconic for so many reasons.

After all these years I can still hear Luke's scream of "Laura". It was a combination of shock & desperation.

I remember being fucking gobsmacked because there was no spoilers so it laid me the hell out.

by Anonymousreply 111November 29, 2018 3:23 AM

R108 How the hell is Herbst only at $3500 when she's at 21 years straight on this show? That is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 112November 29, 2018 3:30 AM

R112

Nobody on the internet knows how much any of the actors makes.

by Anonymousreply 113November 29, 2018 3:33 AM

Of the 3 teen actors the Cam actor has more presence onscreen but none are nearly good enough for this story. Sad that a show that had AJ/Karen/Jason/Brenda and Lucky/Liz/Nik/Emily as teen scenes they now have this

by Anonymousreply 114November 29, 2018 3:39 AM

I will never understand why the show doesn’t use Herbst more.

by Anonymousreply 115November 29, 2018 3:40 AM

The menopausal, jowl fest love scene today was slightly disturbing, wrinkly hands and all. Dead Kiki was sexier than Ava today. For the love of god, will someone throw some lipstick on that woman!

by Anonymousreply 116November 29, 2018 3:47 AM

The teens are not good enough for this story and they definitely shouldn't be on as much. I thought GH had an acting coach on set? Oscar and Josslyn could both use classes. The Oscar actor gets so much hate online. Tamara is the only one carrying this storyline. Billy can't even be bothered to articulate his words. I can never understand what he's saying.

As for Herbst, I don't understand it either. She can act, has never phoned it in and has a big fanbase. Doesn't really add up.

by Anonymousreply 117November 29, 2018 3:48 AM

The Oscar actor is earning that hate.

His voice is impossibly inexpressive except when he whines, which is all he's done.

Plus, it hasn't helped him that TPTB made his character turn so negative when he got the cancer news.

by Anonymousreply 118November 29, 2018 5:19 AM

One of the Blind Items in the new SOD has people thinking it's about the Oscar actor.

A young actor/actress is giving his show & his adult screen partners fits because of being regularly unprepared.

by Anonymousreply 119November 29, 2018 2:34 PM

If MW and FH are making less than KeMo, that is a crime, huge crime.

by Anonymousreply 120November 29, 2018 2:49 PM

GH had no problem letting the first sorasd Cam go within a couple of episodes, wonder why they haven't given this Oscar actor the prompt boot.

by Anonymousreply 121November 29, 2018 3:00 PM

Oscar must have the hairy legs so Miss Frank keeps him around. Or was that Carlivati who likes the hairy legs? I forget.

by Anonymousreply 122November 29, 2018 3:10 PM

[R121]

Could he be the son of somebody with connections?

by Anonymousreply 123November 29, 2018 3:10 PM

They also had a hotter Latin Oscar for his first few appearances before this one. Guess they figured they couldn't keep changing actors unless they kill off the character.

by Anonymousreply 124November 29, 2018 3:17 PM

He delivers his lines like he's reading off cue cards.

by Anonymousreply 125November 29, 2018 5:14 PM

Or a really boring instruction manual.

by Anonymousreply 126November 29, 2018 5:19 PM

Are we sure he’s not a robot already?

by Anonymousreply 127November 29, 2018 6:42 PM

I find myself once again today being the No Tears Police. I'm surprised to be reporting that WDV was the only one who actually got choked up and misty with some almost tears on cue and without having to contort his face to distract from the lack of tears. WDV wins today's Almost Tears trophy. MW made great groaning sounds but failed to deliver on the tears which is highly disappointing, I expected mascara running down her face. I refuse to give out any Participation Trophies, these actors must earn their Tears Trophy. I wonder if these actors can see the writing on the wall that GH is not long for this world what with the atrocious writing so maybe they figure why bother, save the real tears for the finale next year some time.

O.k. wait, little smeared mascara on MW at the end but still, dry face. Groaning in previews for tomorrow, maybe some water works then, come on MW you can do it.

by Anonymousreply 128November 29, 2018 7:00 PM

MW was incredible today.

The Finn/Anna and Maxie/Peter scenes brought the episode down.

by Anonymousreply 129November 29, 2018 7:04 PM

The Peter lovesick teenager schtick is so dumb.

I wish we could keep Britt.

by Anonymousreply 130November 29, 2018 7:21 PM

This show really does thrive on anti-chemistry. Finn and Anna. Maxie and Peter. Just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 131November 29, 2018 7:36 PM

Hey, snaggletooth and shoe polish brought the tears, as usual!

by Anonymousreply 132November 29, 2018 8:05 PM

I'm so tired of hearing about Morgan!!!

by Anonymousreply 133November 29, 2018 8:19 PM

Kelly has been on the show for many years and has worked for ABC on DWTS, so yea I think she's a higher priced actor than MW, Miller, etc.

by Anonymousreply 134November 29, 2018 8:52 PM

It is a complete joke if Kelly Monaco is making more than Maura West.

by Anonymousreply 135November 29, 2018 8:58 PM

I think Becky H had to take a big pay cut a few years back when they let her go. She probably came back at a reduced rate to save her job. She's the prime breadwinner for her household so.....

by Anonymousreply 136November 29, 2018 9:03 PM

Snags and Stumpy Show

by Anonymousreply 137November 29, 2018 9:03 PM

MW is the breadwinner for her family. What does that slug Defreitas do?

by Anonymousreply 138November 29, 2018 9:03 PM

R136 Then I wonder what happened the second time around when she was having contract negotiation issues in 2016?

by Anonymousreply 139November 29, 2018 9:12 PM

Nothing just like Saucedo.

by Anonymousreply 140November 29, 2018 9:47 PM

R111- That's when Gloria Monty was in charge and when Tony Geary said he was leaving and wanted Luke killed off, she apparently said she wasn't going to do that to the fans and instead, asked Genie Francis to come back for his exit.

That's the big difference between today's producers and the ones who put the fans first over the actors.

by Anonymousreply 141November 29, 2018 10:06 PM

The salary ranges at r108 make me wonder what category GF falls into...

by Anonymousreply 142November 30, 2018 1:25 PM

Genie might be along the bottom to mid of that range, but her guarantee is much lower.

Remember there's the per episode rate and then the guarantee, which says how many episodes you'll be in a week.

Which makes Snags & Stumpy, Burton, etc. even more expensive if you think about it, since they appear at least 3x a week, sometimes more.

While GF may only be guaranteed a day a week.

by Anonymousreply 143November 30, 2018 1:42 PM

Dammit! I live in LA. We had storms yesterday, the power went out, and yesterday's episode of Ava finding out Kiki was murdered didn't record.

The scene of Ava's reaction was really the one thing I wanted to see. How was it? Is it worth seeking out?

I hate watching it On Demand because you're forced to watch the entire episode, commercials and all! It usually takes me less than 20 minutes to watch a typical episode as I fast-forward thru most of it.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 144November 30, 2018 5:42 PM

[R144]

Yes, Ava's big scene is worth viewing. It's good enough to get her an Emmy nomination.

It may be available on YouTube with so-so audio quality.

by Anonymousreply 145November 30, 2018 5:51 PM

R144 go here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 30, 2018 5:58 PM

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2018 5:59 PM

Genie put her foot down during her last contract negotiation for her return. She got a coupon for a free sandwich at Subway AND now makes the same amount per episode as the actress who plays Epiphany. This was a big win for Genie! She is also allowed to take any leftovers from the craft services table, which has meant big savings in her monthly grocery bill.

by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2018 6:02 PM

^^^^ LOL

by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2018 6:05 PM

I like Finn/Anna. I like Peter but detest Maxie. Ava was on fire.

Time to resurrect Helena C with La Looch playing the role. Then bring on Helena’s sweet, well-meaning sister to be played by Vicki Slee.

Please have Ryan off the entire Corinthos clan.

by Anonymousreply 150November 30, 2018 6:08 PM

So there's no CVS or Walgreens in PC? Sam's prescription for her cold needs to be picked up at the hospital.

Who cut Scotty's hair, Avery or Scout?

Emmy competition is going to feature both MW for this and MS for Nathan's death.

by Anonymousreply 151November 30, 2018 6:20 PM

If Staff submits for supporting there's a good chance both her and Maura will win.

Of course, ego gets in the way. If it's both in Lead, Maura will wax the floor with Staff's ass. She was amazing yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 152November 30, 2018 6:27 PM

Well since Ryan isn't doing his job as a serial killer and eliminating more of the useless cast maybe Ava can help matters along and take out Dr. Priest. I would be delighted but it's probably just a tease, NuJordan or Kung Fu Anna will run in and save one note can't act but looks good MC.

by Anonymousreply 153November 30, 2018 7:07 PM

^^^^I changed my mind and want to make that Ninja Anna (like when she tackled Julian) instead of Kung Fu Anna. Wish these posts could be edited...

by Anonymousreply 154November 30, 2018 7:09 PM

How did Ryan stab Kiki but there was no blood anywhere? And they arrest Griffin that same night?? Jeez, what kind of high tech labs do they have in PC?

by Anonymousreply 155November 30, 2018 7:14 PM

I think she was killed in Griffin's apartment but they limited the view of blood to the knife.

Apparently when a character name Sabrina was murdered on screen several years ago, there was a big backlash from GH fans.

by Anonymousreply 156November 30, 2018 7:17 PM

^^^GH fans are sissies.

by Anonymousreply 157November 30, 2018 10:25 PM

Are Miss Frank and Miss Varni a couple? Could be why Miss Frank is still employed. GH is a mess!

by Anonymousreply 158November 30, 2018 10:36 PM

Maura's acting in this story is the only interesting thing going on.

This show is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 159November 30, 2018 10:42 PM

Roger was GOD AWFUL today. I actually started laughing.

by Anonymousreply 160November 30, 2018 10:45 PM

I thought Maura was so bad. Over the top, screeching and mugging. If she took it down just a notch, she would have been pitch perfect. Thank goodness for Jon Lindstrom. Proof that one does not need to chew the scenery to be effective and believable. He's saving this storyline. And Maura has way too much filler in her cheeks and overly botoxed in her forehead and between her eyebrows. It's distracting in close ups. She's awful.

by Anonymousreply 161November 30, 2018 10:58 PM

West, Stafford ... who else has a shot at a nomination? I wonder if Minnie Mouse voice Storms is going to submit for anything. I saw her on a few "nomination prediction" lists when Nathan died.

by Anonymousreply 162November 30, 2018 11:10 PM

It wasn't until I noticed how old Maura's hands looked the other day that I realized she must have had a ton of work on her face. The black nail polish and black eye shadow was very unflattering, also. Of course, that may been done deliberately to make her look more suitably evil to be Ryan's hell-bride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163November 30, 2018 11:15 PM

The black eyeshadow and super nude lipstick makes her look harsh.

by Anonymousreply 164November 30, 2018 11:18 PM

Holy shit, R163, that really looks like her!

by Anonymousreply 165November 30, 2018 11:21 PM

[R162]

If the Nurses' Ball episodes count for this year, Max Gail and Maurice Benard could be in the running. That scene of Maurice helping his father through "The Summer Wind" was as effective and emotional as what the two actresses did this year.

by Anonymousreply 166November 30, 2018 11:23 PM

I've been critical of the lack of actual tears from the actors the past couple days but I feel bad about that now as I was re-watched the Downton Abbey episode last night where Sybil died and those actors didn't do any better in the tears dept. DA has the luxury of lots of rehearsal and many takes and retakes unlike the fast pace and only one take of soaps and still Cora and Branson made all kinds of wailing sounds and contorted faces but no tears. Only misty eyed one was Edith. I know they're English and stiff upper lip and all but Cora is American and Branson Irish so I expected water works from them too. So I have decided to turn in my badge as a Tears Inspector and just live and let live (or in this case die).

by Anonymousreply 167November 30, 2018 11:32 PM

Stephen Martines IN as nu-Nicholas! Could Jacob Young be far behind as a Lucky recast? Word is, the two actors are chomping at the bit to work together again. Sources say the two still generate electrifying chemistry as the tempestuous siblings.

by Anonymousreply 168November 30, 2018 11:33 PM

Isn’t Stephen Martines in jail? He rips off women after eating out their snatch and getting their bank account pin number.

by Anonymousreply 169November 30, 2018 11:55 PM

He was tweeting about the old Thanksgiving episode that aired. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2018 12:00 AM

Genie alluded in an interview she didn't care for Martines. I truly doubt they'd bring him back.

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote]According to the rumors Burton makes $10,000 an episode Benard makes $9000 and episode but has a bigger guarantee so he makes more Miller/Stafford/Howarth are in the $7500 an episode range KMo/Wright are in the $5000 an episode range West/Easton/Finola/Herbst are in the $3500 an episode range

Genie makes $6000 an episode. She took a 25% pay cut to return, but she made up for the 25% in some nice perks.

Maura didn't have any negotiating power when she came to the show. The NYC soaps were paying actors 2 nickels and some chicken feed, then she had that disastrous turn on Y&R. She had no leverage, but she has a family to feed. I'm just surprised she even wanted to do soaps again after what they did to her on Y&R. There is not a hell pit deep enough for those jackals over there.

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2018 12:14 AM

R172

What did they do to Maura over at YR?

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2018 12:20 AM

R167

You should be pleased by Maura today. She was sobbing thru 75% of today's show.

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2018 12:22 AM

Stephen Martines negotiated a pay of $7500 an episode for his return.

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2018 12:23 AM

R173, CBS sort of "forced" Maura on to the show after ATWT was cancelled and the cast and crew ganged up on her. First, they gave her a role that she was too young to play, then they started their mind games and bullshit. Certain cast members shunned her. Scene partners wouldn't run lines. It wasn't a welcoming environment. Then the show blamed Maura because the character wasn't working. And CBS, realizing that you can't fix the toxic Y&R set, agreed to let the character. And guess who got to murder her? Queen Cunt Extraordinaire.

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2018 12:28 AM

With charging of being a con artist and scamming women out of money, it is highly, highly doubtful GH would ever consider bringing back Stephen Martines as Nikolas.

Show is in too perilous a position to risk the negative press and the negative fan reaction of rehiring him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 1, 2018 12:33 AM

r176

Thanks for the info about MW's time at Y&R. I guess The Staff must have been decent to her while she was there as they are close friends and their kids trick or treat together per twitter.

by Anonymousreply 178December 1, 2018 12:39 AM

The Staff just seems like a massive suck up at GH. And wtf kind of guarantee is in her contract? She is on way too much.

by Anonymousreply 179December 1, 2018 12:46 AM

Maura knows that she can’t get a job outside soaps. Plus her lazy hubby doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 180December 1, 2018 12:52 AM

Do Maura’s kids trick or treat with Mel Thomas Scott’s grandkids? lol

by Anonymousreply 181December 1, 2018 1:07 AM

So do we think Ryan is going to kill anyone else and if so who? Since this hasn't turned into the killing spree/trim the cast bloat project I imagined, I don't know. If he does I don't think it would be any vets as they need the few they have left for any anniversary shows or the inevitable finale of the show. So for story line advancement purposes I'm going to guess Sasha. The actress isn't on contract and if Ryan killed her Valentin would have to fess up that she wasn't Nina's daughter to stop Nina's grieving. I don't know, I just made that up but it's sounds good to me anyway.

by Anonymousreply 182December 1, 2018 1:13 AM

I think he's done.

by Anonymousreply 183December 1, 2018 1:37 AM

R180

Maura? She's amazingly gifted but ain't nobody on GH going to get any career outside of soaps.

by Anonymousreply 184December 1, 2018 1:46 AM

They need to pancake Maura’s face a bit - it’s botoxed so tight that the lights reflect from her forehead.

by Anonymousreply 185December 1, 2018 1:55 AM

I don't think anyone outside of a small faction of older GH fans really remember Stephen Martines' troubles outside of acting. Nothing was proven and it seemed be mostly vague hearsay

by Anonymousreply 186December 1, 2018 2:10 AM

The numerous print articles about his fraud activities are actually quite recent, R186.

by Anonymousreply 187December 1, 2018 2:29 AM

I think Frank and the Disney execs are counting on the low readership of soap magazines to keep any controversy away from Stephen's return. It will be interesting to see how he is received.

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2018 2:40 AM

Nick Stabile was quite good as the sub Nikolas. I was surprised when they didn't keep him around two years ago. If they want to revive Nikolas, they should have invited him back. And Stabile doesn't come with baggage and potential criminal charges.

If they really are bringing back Stephen Martines, are they also going to bring back Jacob Young as Lucky? The two did have good chemistry in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2018 5:58 AM

I truly hope they don't bring Lucky back. Let him continue to be a Skype Dad.

by Anonymousreply 190December 1, 2018 6:26 AM

Quit being gullible. They are not bringing back Martines. He's up to his neck in legal trouble that will ultimately send him to prison.

by Anonymousreply 191December 1, 2018 11:24 AM

If I were one of the woman who Stephen Martines conned and I learned GH rehired him, I would get the other people he conned together and stage a protest outside ABC Prospect Studios in Los Feliz.

I'd also call the soap press, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, LA Times, etc. to come cover it. Not sure how many of them would come, but it would definitely get at least some coverage in the press. I'd also blanket social media with news of the protest.

I'd shame Martines and I'd shame GH for rehiring him. I would make sure it was a public relations nightmare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 1, 2018 12:41 PM

Martines loves the pussy. That’s for sure.

by Anonymousreply 193December 1, 2018 1:35 PM

He certainly loved mine.

by Anonymousreply 194December 1, 2018 1:46 PM

Fans seemed to like Nick Stabile too - obviously any recast gets pushback but I remember how much some of the audience responded positively online. They should rehire Stabile.

by Anonymousreply 195December 1, 2018 2:30 PM

They fired TC because he was a drunk.

Stabile had all the looks of a drunk as well plus he lacked any of the "to the manor born" that was just beneath Nik's surface.

I'd cast someone besides Stabile.

by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2018 2:52 PM

Martines sucked, anyway. He also looked way too Hispanic to be believable in the part.

by Anonymousreply 197December 1, 2018 3:40 PM

I wouldn't mind looking at Swill Rappaport/Jason-Shane Scott as Nicholas. Wait, don't tell me Frank probably hates him right or vice versa?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 1, 2018 4:15 PM

Will Rappaport was way too hot for homely Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 199December 1, 2018 6:13 PM

Hmmm, interesting choice.

by Anonymousreply 200December 1, 2018 6:21 PM

Anyone else suspect it's the mystery Cassadine waiting for Finn in Italy in the form of Nik (with Cassandra) and not Hayden? If this is the case then recast Nik is already a done deal. I keep going back to FV saying GF was getting TWO big stories when she came back. So, Kevin/Ryan is one and two has to be Nik. The mayor story is a big nothing so I'm not counting that.

by Anonymousreply 201December 1, 2018 6:40 PM

I really hate hearing people talk about what a wonderful young man Morgan was. Since Morgan came back in the form of Bryan Craig, after the character was kicked out of boarding school and had become a gambler/con artist, he was a dick for the entirety of his run. Yes, he was bipolar, but he was also a lying, cheating, whiny asshole, too. Did he ever do anything decent? I certainly don't recall. He fucked over his family members and Kiki and Ava multiple times and never atoned. His only redeeming quality was his swinging dick inside thin sweatpants.

by Anonymousreply 202December 1, 2018 8:32 PM

I agree with everything 202 said plus BC always came across like a pompous asshole with a huge ego. Sorry kid you aren’t Brando. Glad he’s gone!

by Anonymousreply 203December 1, 2018 9:44 PM

Everything goes back to dead Morgan. I hope they never bring that dopey kid back.

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2018 10:32 PM

I thought Morgan was a great character in that he was the bad son vs. the good son, Michael (who has not had a decent story since Morgan "died"). That tension between the brothers could have kept the show fueled for years; it's a classic soap story.

All that said, I was not a big fan of the actor who portrayed him; I would be more than fine with a recast (as I am with most characters when that happens).

by Anonymousreply 205December 1, 2018 10:47 PM

R205

The last thing those fucking Corinthos need is anyone else added to their family.

by Anonymousreply 206December 1, 2018 10:49 PM

Jason Shane Scott has a really hairy ass.

by Anonymousreply 207December 1, 2018 11:07 PM

For those Snaggletooth "Snags" Wright fans, if you wondered if she was that annoying on her other shows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 1, 2018 11:11 PM

I just really hate her acting. She's truly made Carly unbearable. But at least she didn't snarl all that much in the above scene so ...

by Anonymousreply 209December 1, 2018 11:33 PM

Is GL where PeteHeinrich met LW? He said in some interview they worked together on some soap ages ago and she was pregnant irl and he thought she was "the most beautiful pregnant woman in the world". It was highly nauseating to read and I dislike him so much I can't even think of his real name right now.

by Anonymousreply 210December 1, 2018 11:38 PM

R210

Yes. He played Crystal Chappel's brother on GL. He was there very long.

by Anonymousreply 211December 1, 2018 11:55 PM

His name is Wes Ramsey.

I still think he's a closet case. He was with Bethany Joy Lenz for years playing daddy to her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 212December 2, 2018 12:45 AM

I have heard several of the cast members really want JY back. Becky Herbst specifically. Producers are hoping that both Jacob Young and Steve Martines back in their old roles will bring back some of the GH fans from back in the day. They want to bring more males to that age group, especially having lost Dominic Z.

by Anonymousreply 213December 2, 2018 12:45 AM

No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 214December 2, 2018 12:58 AM

Somebody's high on fumes. Virtually every comment I've seen about the classic Thanksgiving episode cited how great it was, with the exception of SM and JY; they were the weak links.

by Anonymousreply 215December 2, 2018 1:06 AM

R215 I've been hearing the polar opposite. I brought a sense of nostalgia.

by Anonymousreply 216December 2, 2018 1:43 AM

R213

GMAFB! You're pulling that out of your ass. Becky did not get along with Jacob. She would not be wanting him back.

by Anonymousreply 217December 2, 2018 1:48 AM

I just watched it. I can't believe how beautiful Jackie Zeman looked. Why couldn't she just age gracefully instead of butchering her face?

by Anonymousreply 218December 2, 2018 1:56 AM

R218

Wasn't her ex-husband a plastic surgeon?

I always wondered if her getting the surgery was a result of being so gobsmacked that he just up & dumped her one day.

That can be a blow to your self-esteem. She really should've sought out people like Susan Lucci & Linda Dano who had amazing work done.

She should've gotten their doctors' names.

by Anonymousreply 219December 2, 2018 2:02 AM

Speaking of butchered faces and aging gracefully, Staff and NLG and I think Finola don't have the distorted puffed botox/filler look, does that mean they went traditional face lift route? If so, I must say that looks much better and more normal.

by Anonymousreply 220December 2, 2018 2:04 AM

Nancy got her under eyes down many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 221December 2, 2018 2:25 AM

Genie got a rejeuvination surgery *down there*

by Anonymousreply 222December 2, 2018 2:29 AM

Maybe GF's real life husband didn't want to have sex with her either.

by Anonymousreply 223December 2, 2018 2:33 AM

R205, the actor who plays Michael has beautiful hair....and a look of perpetual 50% confusion/50% constipation.

by Anonymousreply 224December 2, 2018 2:43 AM

Martines hasn’t aged well at all. I’ve read some of the articles about the people he ripped off. It will turn your stomach, I hope none of this is true. I could get into JSS as Nic. I always loved him on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 225December 2, 2018 2:54 AM

Nik = more Spencer. Damn this show!

by Anonymousreply 226December 2, 2018 2:59 AM

Spencer is apparently off the charts popular with certain fanbases. Frank tries to get the kid on as much as he can.

by Anonymousreply 227December 2, 2018 3:02 AM

As far as the question of whether or not Jason Shane-Scott was liked by FV, he must have been. His character was only on the show for about three years but he came back several times over the years for short arcs. I can’t imagine you’d be frequently asked back if no one liked you.

by Anonymousreply 228December 2, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote] Spencer is apparently off the charts popular with certain fanbases.

Including Nicholas Bechdel's agent

by Anonymousreply 229December 2, 2018 3:03 AM

Nich Bechdel is the most ambitious child actor in years. He'll be around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 230December 2, 2018 3:06 AM

OMG! Howarth was so god awful.

by Anonymousreply 231December 2, 2018 3:45 AM

Yes he was! Where is that Roger/Becky fan on here always singing their praises?

He stunk!

by Anonymousreply 232December 2, 2018 3:46 AM

They all tried to overcompensate to cover the fact that no one really gave a fuck about Kiki

by Anonymousreply 233December 2, 2018 3:51 AM

Ron really loves Spencer too and if he could would have on Days.

by Anonymousreply 234December 2, 2018 3:53 AM

[R227]

Pedophiles with no taste?

by Anonymousreply 235December 2, 2018 3:54 AM

They should be killing off characters that would bring on real reactions and have some kind of ripple effect. Everyone basically shrugged when Kiki died.

by Anonymousreply 236December 2, 2018 4:47 AM

I think the show needs more Spinelli.

by Anonymousreply 237December 2, 2018 5:23 AM

Maybe Spinelli is the cult leader.

by Anonymousreply 238December 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Jason’s reflex hand grabbing in his sleep was right out of Netflix Bodyguard.

by Anonymousreply 239December 2, 2018 5:55 AM

I swear they did that hand grabbing scene with Liz and Drew.

by Anonymousreply 240December 2, 2018 6:34 AM

More of that turd Spinelli? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 241December 2, 2018 12:02 PM

Martines is never coming back. Never. He’s poison and no show wants that controversy.

by Anonymousreply 242December 2, 2018 12:45 PM

GH can not ( or will not) craft what should be Soap 101 for dealing with the fall out to a murder.

#1 A nurse was beheaded & her murder exposed in such a public manner (head in a dunkin' bin at a party/body at a hoity toity art gallery) yet no one in this small town is scared or even talking about it

#2 A young med student is brutally murdered in her party dress & placed in the bridal bed during the reception yet there's no panic amongst the guests

#3 The girl's mom is sobbing & begging her child to wake up while every guest stands around looking like they're in a trance or like they're silently making their grocery lists

#5 Maxie leaves the death ship with the lug responsible for her husband's death & they make a Champagne toast "To the night". Never mind that they just learned a girl was brutally murdered or that Maxie's own sister was brutally murdered.

#6 They spend enormous useless time on Friday on the Godawful Oscar story & useless scenes of Kiki's fake sister, Valentin,Nina finding out. Meanwhile Kiki's pseudo father got no focus except a very brief scene of utter shock.

#7 And to top it off they had Kiki's father & his fiance go into fucking work after finding out she was brutally murdered. RUKM? No one would do that.

GH is incapable of creating drama or heartfelt emotion or even following the very basic tenets of Soap Opera.

by Anonymousreply 243December 2, 2018 1:02 PM

Uncle Frankie seems obsessed with this teen shit - he did the same thing on OLTL with mediocre actors.

by Anonymousreply 244December 2, 2018 1:14 PM

Josh Kelly (ex-Cutter, OLTL) for NuNicholas or NuLucky.

by Anonymousreply 245December 2, 2018 1:27 PM

Meant to include a picture of Josh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 2, 2018 1:29 PM

Michael Easton IN as NuNik.

by Anonymousreply 247December 2, 2018 1:54 PM

r240 at first I thought they were just repeating a similar JaSam scene, but it was Liz and DrewJason that did the same hand grabbing scene.

by Anonymousreply 248December 2, 2018 1:54 PM

It looks like we'll get one more victim via Sahsa, as she'll cause legal problems for Ava. Her death with have ripple effects on her true identity story. Ryan will probably meet his end at the hands of Ava.

by Anonymousreply 249December 2, 2018 2:01 PM

R243

PREACH! Louder for the folks in the back!

by Anonymousreply 250December 2, 2018 3:43 PM

Roger was awful. His fangirls can't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 251December 2, 2018 3:46 PM

R243 was spot on. The disconnectedness of it all is becoming jarring. I forget half the storylines sometimes because it’s so disorienting. Maxie was downright giddy the night of that murder, in her sexy silk robe.

by Anonymousreply 252December 2, 2018 4:02 PM

R213 I doubt they'll ever bring back Steve Martines thanks to his legal problems.

by Anonymousreply 253December 2, 2018 4:23 PM

Frankie has never run a cohesive show. Filming scheds/guarantees play parts in it, but he still does not produce a worthy product.

by Anonymousreply 254December 2, 2018 4:24 PM

r249

I agree Sasha will be Ryan's next victim. Didn't think of Ava taking Ryan out, that would be good.

by Anonymousreply 255December 2, 2018 4:41 PM

Wasn't the Sasha actress just put on contract a few months ago?

by Anonymousreply 256December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

I think it was the Willow actress who got the contract.

by Anonymousreply 257December 2, 2018 6:32 PM

I wonder, didn't Kiki get some kind of estate from her father Silas? So now that would rightfully (or not, as the case may be) pass to Sasha. That might keep her around for a while. Might also be a catalyst for her identity reveal if it's challenged by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 258December 2, 2018 7:16 PM

I recall Nina buying Silas' apartment because Kiki had no where to go and there was no money or some such nonsense being the guy was a doctor. Also, didn't Franco pay for her tuition. Silas must have been bad with money.

by Anonymousreply 259December 2, 2018 7:39 PM

Roger's face looked like he was smelling shit on Friday when he heard about Kiki.

TERRIBLE. He was only eclipsed by Burton and Monaco's whispering, mumbling, dead eyes, and attempt at flirting.

Remember when Burton called Monaco old on his podcast?

by Anonymousreply 260December 2, 2018 8:00 PM

I don’t remember Burton calling her old but there was one episode where he took a shot at Hogwarts, calling his character Todd Manning.

by Anonymousreply 261December 2, 2018 8:06 PM

No he definitely implied she had aged in the podcast.

by Anonymousreply 262December 2, 2018 8:24 PM

She often looks like she had a really rough night.

by Anonymousreply 263December 2, 2018 9:13 PM

You couldn't pay me to listen to a podcast with Burton & Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 264December 2, 2018 11:25 PM

She's not on it. It's Burton and his fuck buddy Bradford with special guests. She hasn't done it yet.

by Anonymousreply 265December 2, 2018 11:51 PM

Jacob Young back as Lucky? Oh hell no. He just did a Lifetime movie and he looks awful. Old. Bloated. Tired. I think he had a semi-comb over. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 266December 3, 2018 12:09 AM

I'd want GV back as Lucky but obviously, that won't happen. I would love to see him with GF now. He's also close to Becky and they actually had chemistry. However, there are other characters I want back before Lucky.

by Anonymousreply 267December 3, 2018 12:46 AM

As a Soap fan when I was a teen in the 80s, back when there were about 14 soaps on the air, I sometimes get nostalgic thinking we're down to our last few. But when I read posts like R243 (I'm no longer watching any of these shows), I find myself hoping they cancel all of them. There's no one left who can create soap operas like they once existed. It's all quick edits, quick plotting, models as "actors", etc.

My favorite storyline growing up was the Diana Taylor murder mystery on GH. There's no way they could recreate that today. The build up to the murder took months. They explained how Heather discovered Jeff was fooling around with Diana, how Heather fooled Port Charles into thinking she was recovering, how she stole a gun from the Webber's house where her mother was the housekeeper, how she hid the gun at Forest Hills, how she was mistaken for a nurse at Forest Hills (Shelly Vernon), stealing a nurses uniform, finding out where Shelly kept the keys to her car, etc. It was thoroughly plotted at suspenseful. Then, after Diana was murdered, it took one or two weeks for the day to play out, as friends and family learned of her death, their reactions to it, their concern for her young son (Heather's biological child) P.J., etc. Then another 6 months or so for the case to be solved.

All told, that storyline must have taken over a year to play out. But it never felt slow, it just felt realistically paced in terms of the planning of a crime, the discovery, the after-effects, the resolution. *That's* what made the soaps great, you were along for the ride with characters you loved (or loved to hate). And that's what's lost in today's soaps - the pacing, the community of the characters, how they interact, how one event could affect so many of the characters and the other plots. Perhaps most of the audience doesn't have an appetite for that type of storytelling anymore, but it's what I miss about the genre, and without it, I'm fine with the genre going away.

by Anonymousreply 268December 3, 2018 1:25 PM

Soaps were definitely paced in real life time back then which made them so much more interesting. Now they’re speeded up to keep up with the Twitter length attention span of today.

by Anonymousreply 269December 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Get ready for Sonny and Margaux.

by Anonymousreply 270December 3, 2018 5:31 PM

So is Carly going to get Jason or will a miracle happen and the character and her BF's character will be written out?

So I guess Ryan worked up a sweat doing his serial killer work twice in what, 6 or more weeks and he's done. What a lazy lout. There is so much serial killing that needs to be done in PC, starting with Sonny and Ryan is probably already looking for that serial killer pension he thinks he has coming.

by Anonymousreply 271December 3, 2018 7:02 PM

How about that Ryan?

Playing those head games with Ava - "I'm responsible for Kiki's death."

by Anonymousreply 272December 3, 2018 7:16 PM

How about that Sam? Getting an obituary for a dead husband who, of course, will not be dead and show up in PC.

by Anonymousreply 273December 3, 2018 7:23 PM

I'm impressed with KM turning method actor and playing the flu victim without make up!

by Anonymousreply 274December 3, 2018 7:26 PM

She attemped to sound sick for one scene then gave up and went back to whispering.

by Anonymousreply 275December 3, 2018 7:28 PM

*attempted

by Anonymousreply 276December 3, 2018 7:29 PM

Was the birth date on the obit 1942? If so, guess he must have been some rich elderly guy she scammed. Maybe his kids will show up in PC looking for stolen money or jewels. Or maybe he has a current wife, I nominate La Lucci for current wife.

by Anonymousreply 277December 3, 2018 7:38 PM

1942 - 2018. He was 76.

by Anonymousreply 278December 3, 2018 7:39 PM

"Manufacturing magnate Leland Powell"

by Anonymousreply 279December 3, 2018 7:41 PM

So then 20 years ago (is that how long she's been in PC?), he would have been 56, not elderly then but wealthy and old enough to be her pops as she would have been in her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 280December 3, 2018 7:42 PM

Can't they at least resolve the "Will Sam choose Jason or Drew?" S/L before starting another one for Sam?

by Anonymousreply 281December 3, 2018 7:50 PM

Sam choose robot cock. She doesn’t sniff drew anymore it’s all about the penis that has cobwebs on it.

by Anonymousreply 282December 3, 2018 8:09 PM

R280. She's been in PC for 15 years. And I think they screwed with her age to accommodate the Alexis teen mom garbage.

by Anonymousreply 283December 3, 2018 8:24 PM

R268- The pacing was definitely different in those days. The Diana Taylor story reminded me that it took 2 years from the first time Luke set eyes on Laura until their first kiss.

by Anonymousreply 284December 3, 2018 10:27 PM

So is Ryan gonna fess up already?? And yes, I’m seeing Margaux and Sonny happening. Carly’s due for her yearly break up. And she ends up with Jason, who cools to whispers when he finds out about the old man.

by Anonymousreply 285December 3, 2018 10:44 PM

[R285]

I think Ryan's going to blame himself for not advising Ava to reconcile with Kiki.

Reverse psychiatry!

by Anonymousreply 286December 3, 2018 10:47 PM

Robot cock haha Jason Morgan isn’t packing

by Anonymousreply 287December 3, 2018 11:00 PM

How is Felicia not being featured in this Ryan story??

by Anonymousreply 288December 4, 2018 1:13 AM

If Ryan confesses he'll probably fall asleep halfway into it. He needs some vitamins or something.

by Anonymousreply 289December 4, 2018 1:17 AM

Leslie Charleson about 10 years before she started playing Monica - before the cigs brought her voice down a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 4, 2018 1:45 AM

Stray observations -

Exactly how long has Griffin been chained to that desk?

Jason drinks a lot of beer.

Sasha gets her clothes from the same 1997 wardrobe department as Jason and Sam.

When in god’s name is anyone gonna ask why the hell Ryan is with Ava??

That is the busiest cemetery ever.

by Anonymousreply 291December 4, 2018 3:04 AM

I had to laugh at how many people gained access to that interrogation room today. Beyond ridiculous. No one heard shouting? Where was Anna to body slam someone?

And is Steve getting botox? He looks so different to me.

by Anonymousreply 292December 4, 2018 3:21 AM

I hate that Steve is such a fundie because I find him very hot.

by Anonymousreply 293December 4, 2018 3:24 AM

Yuck. His face is decaying.

by Anonymousreply 294December 4, 2018 3:42 AM

Was that business with Sam asking if there is a "Quartermaine Christmas Curse" an anvil? The first two bodies were dropped at celebrations (Halloween and wedding reception), will the next one be a little something extra found under the GH Christmas tree as Monica does the traditional storytelling? Cook #458 strung up by her own turkey truss?

by Anonymousreply 295December 4, 2018 9:57 PM

Read a rumor that Felicia is the next victim.

by Anonymousreply 296December 4, 2018 10:14 PM

R296

Surely TIIC aren't stupid enough to kill off Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 297December 4, 2018 10:19 PM

Felicia would make sense. She was on Ryan's hit list that Laura got a peek at. The other names were people he already murdered.

by Anonymousreply 298December 4, 2018 10:19 PM

Does Maura know how to do anything other than snarl, lick her lips and screech/yell? And I'm not just talking about this storyline. She's been doing that since day one. She is awful.

by Anonymousreply 299December 4, 2018 10:26 PM

R299

Maura is a fantastic actress. Yes, she can play different roles with different mannerisms & inflections.

All you need to do if watch clips of her as Carly Tenney on ATWT.

How she plays Ava is spot on for this particular character.

by Anonymousreply 300December 4, 2018 10:29 PM

I think Sasha will be the next and final victim of Ryan's mini spree. She will be set to testify against Ava and Ryan will take her out to protect Ava. Dr. Priest won't testify against Ava out of guilt.

MC continues to underwhelm with his acting.

by Anonymousreply 301December 4, 2018 10:33 PM

I don't even want to imagine MS's performance if he kills Sasha R301. Good lord.

He should terrorize Felicia and then kill Maxie next.

by Anonymousreply 302December 4, 2018 10:44 PM

If Felicia dies the fraus will burn the studio to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 303December 4, 2018 10:52 PM

Thus far all of Ryan's victims were killed out of expediency, to eliminate obstacles or otherwise help further his goals, as were his choices of who to frame. Getting rid of Sasha would tend to fit with that pattern. It could also be anyone that started to get wise to him and posed a threat to maintaining his ruse, which could include patients and co-workers.

by Anonymousreply 304December 4, 2018 10:55 PM

Well I never could stand Felicia's voice so if it's her I'm okay with that. I'd be even more okay with it being Maxie. I totally can't stand her and as for Sasha go for it Ryan. That said, I can't believe old lazy ass has another killing in him.

by Anonymousreply 305December 4, 2018 11:07 PM

I would not mind Maxie being one of Ryan's victims at all.

Beside not being very good an actress, she reminds me of a slightly smaller Meghan McCain right down to the perpetually pissed off demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 306December 4, 2018 11:10 PM

They should've killed Maxie off after the Lucky thing. She should be dead instead of Georgie.

by Anonymousreply 307December 4, 2018 11:21 PM

R305

I have always cut KW slack regarding her voice. She spent years in speech therapy as a child just to be able to speak.

In fact, when Frons famously wanted Felicia phased out because he thought she was "matronly", KW decided to enter school to earn a degree in speech pathology. She later changed her mind.

Frons was such a fucking pig. KW is still beautiful now but all those years ago she was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 308December 4, 2018 11:34 PM

Either Felicia or Laura will be on the verge of getting murdered, (or both), when Ryan's identity is discovered. Carly and/or Spencer will figure it out just in the nick of time.

by Anonymousreply 309December 5, 2018 12:04 AM

R300 Fantastic actress? Good Lord. She sucks the air right out of the room every time she snarls, shrieks, smirks, or snickers. She is bloody awful.

by Anonymousreply 310December 5, 2018 12:43 AM

Laura will be on the verge of getting murdered while Carly stops the attack. It'll be done in a beautiful montage which will include Sonny in bed with Margaux.

by Anonymousreply 311December 5, 2018 12:44 AM

I think Ryan is also laying the groundwork for potentially gas lighting or setting up Ava if she becomes a threat. The medication he's prescribing, the phony alibis, egging on her dark side, propping up her ego, making himself indispensable, all part of spinning a web of control. It seems like he gets off on that part of it more than any romantic sense of the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 312December 5, 2018 12:45 AM

R311 that’s the funniest goddamb thing I read all day!!! Sony was like the ghost of Christmas cheer today, and maxie’s story is turning into a Hallmark movie.

by Anonymousreply 313December 5, 2018 12:58 AM

Kill Nina! Kill Sasha! Kill Lulu...if they won’t get the original actress back! Kill Margaux! I think that’s a good enough bloodbath...don’t kill Felicia give her an actual storyline!!!

by Anonymousreply 314December 5, 2018 1:17 AM

JMB is never coming back to GH so they should kill Lulu. She's a boring and domesticated valley girl now. Emme needs to quit acting. They also need to get rid of Sasha, Peter, Oscar, Josslyn, Nina, Franco (for GOOD) and Finn.

by Anonymousreply 315December 5, 2018 1:50 AM

LOL, your list of giving Ryan that many serial killer jobs would take him to the year 3000. Back in the day he could have finished all of them off in a week and have time leftover to shop for a new suit.

by Anonymousreply 316December 5, 2018 2:26 AM

Hello?? Kevin only kills women.

by Anonymousreply 317December 5, 2018 2:34 AM

*RYAN should switch it up and start killing men

by Anonymousreply 318December 5, 2018 2:36 AM

There could always be a party where almost everbody just blowed up reel good.

by Anonymousreply 319December 5, 2018 2:38 AM

Maura West is a fucking goddess.

by Anonymousreply 320December 5, 2018 3:14 AM

I'm with R299. MW has been horrific this past week. I can only take Ava a little at a time, and MW's gone overboard this week. I'm sure we'll have to sit through Ava's raging for the next several weeks. Ugh.

I was a long-time fan of ATWT where she snarled with her lip, cried so her makeup ran, etc. Carly Tenney was just a slightly milder version of Ava (who is too cartoony for my taste).

by Anonymousreply 321December 5, 2018 4:57 AM

Ava is a loser. Hard to feel sorry for her. Wish she was more the noir femme fatale bad ass bitch who came to town and manipulated Sonny and the rest of Port Charles. Now she just is weak and needy and apologetic and constantly loses!!!

by Anonymousreply 322December 5, 2018 6:54 PM

Ava's always been a fake Faith Roscoe to me.

by Anonymousreply 323December 5, 2018 10:23 PM

I think Ron C. planned to make Ava a proper rival to Stumpy but of course we know that didn't work out. Stumpy must always win and must never be on the back burner and FV will see to that.

by Anonymousreply 324December 5, 2018 10:40 PM

She’s never even been given a viable Love interest. Some of her storylines like when she was Denise the Ava look alike in the wig were such crap!

I kind of liked her when she was screwing Morgan.

Faith Roscoe was the best! Ava is not that

by Anonymousreply 325December 5, 2018 11:19 PM

Maura has worn out her welcome on GH. She’s dull and pulls the same acting tricks out of her ass that she did on ATWT. She hasn’t evolved.

by Anonymousreply 326December 5, 2018 11:37 PM

I've been hearing rumblings that Frank is bringing some OLTL characters to GH now that prospect park lawsuit is over. The Ford brothers among others.

by Anonymousreply 327December 6, 2018 12:59 AM

How the fuvk is Maura worse than some of these other actresses? She’s awake in her scenes for one.

by Anonymousreply 328December 6, 2018 1:06 AM

What, no Andy Triscuit with his hairy legs and wonderful feets? You're slipping!

by Anonymousreply 329December 6, 2018 1:06 AM

If they would just show TSJ's feets and Triscuit's feets the show would go to #1

by Anonymousreply 330December 6, 2018 1:12 AM

Why crap on MW? She ain't perfect but she's pretty damn good in comparison to anyone else. It's not like she has much pull.

by Anonymousreply 331December 6, 2018 2:23 AM

R326 = Melody Thomas Scott

by Anonymousreply 332December 6, 2018 2:32 AM

I'd keep MW over Stafford any day. Nina is insufferable! I can't wait until this bullying story is over with because I hate her future psycho Charlotte and her "Papa". Thank god Laura figured it out today.

by Anonymousreply 333December 6, 2018 3:11 AM

*hate her with

by Anonymousreply 334December 6, 2018 3:16 AM

Miss Frankie likes the twinks. It was Carlivati who liked the hairy legs.

by Anonymousreply 335December 6, 2018 8:07 AM

Who the fuck is Sasha?

[quote]Ava is a loser. Hard to feel sorry for her. Wish she was more the noir femme fatale bad ass bitch who came to town and manipulated Sonny and the rest of Port Charles. Now she just is weak and needy and apologetic and constantly loses!!!

The WORST defanging in GH history. Maura West was a hurricane when Ava came to town but she's being wasted. Same with Stafford. They should've kept her crazy or at the very least barely keeping it together. She has pockets of awesome every now and then tho.

I hate Jocelyn but that Oscar kid is really cute. How old is the actor?

by Anonymousreply 336December 6, 2018 9:40 AM

Some overall observations and comments:

So very much to agree with!! Sigh ... it is sad how farcical the stories have become, never mind the acting! As bad as most of this bloated cast is, I can’t blame them 100% when they have only this garbage to work with.

R268 is spot on! The Diane Taylor murder should be mandatory reading for the writers so they can get a clue how to plan, write, and plot a story that will both make sense and get/keep viewers interested.

I hesitate to add anything to the consensus that Clan Corinthos is destroying the show. But, what I have found one of the most annoying aspects about how they’re all written is that there are never any consequences for any of them, regardless of what they do! There was a time that the “bad guys” on soaps had their comeuppances. Whether it was in Llanview, Monticello, Springfield, Pine Valley, etc. - the bad guy, the mobster was thwarted, experienced consequences. They stayed on the canvas, humbled and maybe plotting a comeback or maybe turning over a new leaf. Never do I remember a run like Clan Corinthos has had. Also, the whole “mobster with a heart of gold” way they write Sonny and the fact everyone in town knows he’s a murdering mob boss, yet other than maybe Monica, everyone is happy to ignore his business because he’s such a great guy - ridiculous! Sonny as the pater familias of Port Charles - I wonder how hard Gloria Monty is rolling in her grave.

by Anonymousreply 337December 6, 2018 9:55 AM

R336 I think the Oscar actor is either 15 or 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 338December 6, 2018 9:56 AM

[R338]

He was born Jan, 2003. 15 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 339December 6, 2018 10:07 AM

Some comments, wishes for the current storylines;

• Ryan is indeed the laziest serial killer ever! I’d love it if he could kill off Aunt Stella (for her yelling at him to do his paperwork when he needed to get to Ferncliffe to prevent Carly and Laura discovering Kevin); Sasha to prevent her testimony against Ava; Lulu for exposing his affair in the pages of the newspaper, because you know, she’s a journalist, dammit!; Felicia because she was the one who got away the first time; and nearly killing Laura only for Valentin to take the bullet and Nina to then kill Ryan. If Val is leaving the show, he can be in a coma from the bullet, able to return when recovered.

• Sam’s heretofore unknown husband Mr Powell - didn’t they do this storyline with her already?? When she was the hostess of the TV show “Everyday Heroes”, wasn’t the producer the daughter of a husband Sam had that she swindled or something like that? If as rumored they’re bringing some OLTL characters, weren’t there Powells that were related to the Lord family in Llanview? Or am I misremembering? I’m guessing someone is coming for Sam now - what would be interesting is if she had a child she left behind, raised by Leland and his sister. The sister and child show up in PC wanting to payback Sam for abandoning brother and nephew.

• I’m still thinking Oscar will somehow be a munchausen by proxy thing - Kim keeps saying how doctors as parents know what the outcomes could be, so just as easy she could do some skulduggery to fake his tests and such. Sad that this is the storyline Tamara was saddled with.

• Sonny and DA - will they or won’t they? I’m up in the air still but I get the sense they’re writing some sort of change for Sonny as a result of whatever goes down with Margaux.

• Liesel! I love her! I’d bet dollars to donuts she’ll get a deal to remain free in exchange for revealing what she knows about Nell ‘s baby. We’ll know the baby was born alive, but no one will suspect Wylie is really Jonah for now.

• Baby Wylie/Jonah - when the truth comes out, obviously Brad and Lucas will be destroyed and potentially the budding relationship between Lucas and Julian, if Brad lets the cat out of the bag that Julian knew. Will Sonny seek revenge against Brad forcing Brad to turn to his Chinese Triad family (remember that part of his history!) for protection?

• Lucky returning - I’d only want Greg V back as Lucky and only if they include twice weekly obligatory underwear or shirtless scenes. I’d also only want him back to console Lucas after his life tits up by saying the words “you know, we’re not really cousins” as Lucky strokes Lucas’ cheek.

• Who will be the Corinthos to show up - Nik? Stefan? Accompanied by just Cassandra? Or will Helena rise again? If it’s Nik, love him to come back and reveal it was all a ruse for him to fake his death, recover and consolidate some lost Cassadine assets and now be running the Russian mob. Val knew all along and went along with it to protect Charlotte. Also count me as being on board with Nick Stabile as Nik or the Will Rappaport actor.

• The Cult - I’m going with its connected to Mitch Laurence - his son taking up where dad left off. That could also be an avenue to bring in some OLTL characters.

• Some will we ever find outs: what Kevin did with Faison’s brain?; who took Drew, who raised him?; what’s the deal with Alexis’ mother’s watch and why does it keep stopping at 10:10?; is Sean still in Pentonville for a crime he didn’t commit?; what’s Val’s connection with Olivia Jerome and why did he pay Norah B to defend her?; will Laura drop out of the race because of Kevin/Ryan OR because it’s revealed Spencer hacked the election?

I also think the Q’s need either a new butler a la Reginald OR a cook who is actually seen an interacts like Stella used to, but acts more like how Karla Hall played her. Quirky, funny servants are enjoyable especially now that the mansion is getting full again.

I’m sure there’s more, but that will do for now.

by Anonymousreply 340December 6, 2018 10:50 AM

Please, no more Helena.

by Anonymousreply 341December 6, 2018 11:56 AM

[R340]

Reading your post made me realize GH has more ,loose ends than even "Lost".

by Anonymousreply 342December 6, 2018 1:10 PM

[quote][R268] is spot on! The Diane Taylor murder should be mandatory reading for the writers so they can get a clue how to plan, write, and plot a story that will both make sense and get/keep viewers interested.

I think the issue, though, is that the viewer who would appreciate that type of storytelling has largely gone by the wayside. I know I loved it - it was great seeing the characters like Rick and Lesley simply react to the news of Diana's murder. But nowadays I think the complaint from viewers would be "nothing is happening". I suspect most viewers want BAM BAM BAM instead a slow build or well-crafted story. People have changed, tastes have changed, attention spans have changed.

I'll always have old soap clips on You Tube.

by Anonymousreply 343December 6, 2018 1:21 PM

R343 is spot on. Soap fans look at random clips on YouTube of soap's biggest moments and climaxes and wonder why soaps today aren't as exciting. You remember the big moments and the shocking reveals, but soap opera, especially way back in the day, was a commitment. You had to watch months and sometimes years of day to day story for that one big reveal.

If something is not happening everyday, which is impossible in my opinion, then some fans call it boring. I'm older, so I remember soaps when they were soaps. It's all about the slow build and the day to day minutia. That's why these shows stopped being about character, because the fans only want to see shocking moments. They don't want to take the time to watch Lucille and Audrey gossiping in the staff lounge. They don't want to see the moments that create great characters.

by Anonymousreply 344December 6, 2018 1:37 PM

GV Lucky and Lucas not blood cousins YEAH!!!

by Anonymousreply 345December 6, 2018 1:39 PM

I know GH isn't going there because being gay is verboten but...................

Did anyone else think the scenes between Cam & Oscar and then Cam & Joss played like Cam was attracted to Oscar?

If you hadn't watched the show & turned on yesterday it totally played like Cam's affection toward Oscar was , he rushed outside the hospital room to pull himself together

Then when he ran into Joss he jumped on the elevator after she told him she didn't want to come between Cam & Oscar's friendship.

by Anonymousreply 346December 6, 2018 1:39 PM

R336

Ron wrote Ava as a fierce take no guff, balls to the wall woman. A real adversary to Sonny.

Mo hated it & once Ron left he demanded that end. Why do you think the writing immediately changed to Ava cowering to Sonny especially over Avery? Ava Jerome would never cower especially to a prick like Sonny.

Mo also threw his weight around when Michael disavowed Sonny over the murder of AJ leading to Michael turning toward the Qs. That event should've driven story for years but Mo demanded Michael return to the fold. He absolutely can not abide by characters not getting in line for the Sonny Kool-Aid. It's a shame on many levels but especially for CD. The only time he's been interesting or shown any bite was when Michael was fueled with rage at Sonny & Carly.

by Anonymousreply 347December 6, 2018 1:53 PM

Agree about the unfinished/dropped story lines especially Alexis and her mother's watch. Not that I really care about the watch but I just would like more JPS/NLG scenes, they play well together and I enjoy it when Valentin needles her and calls her "Sis" and "Natasha" and she looks revolted, NLG does Resting Revolted Face well.

MW's talents really are wasted, she would have been a great adversary for Sonny as RC clearly had planned but of course the Don of stilted, stammering, wooden acting has to control everything.

by Anonymousreply 348December 6, 2018 3:54 PM

Happy 65th birthday Kin Shriner!

by Anonymousreply 349December 6, 2018 4:47 PM

[R349]

Now there's an underused actor....

by Anonymousreply 350December 6, 2018 4:49 PM

Is Kin of the homosex persuasion? 65 and never married........

by Anonymousreply 351December 6, 2018 5:06 PM

We do not need any more OLTL characters back on this show! None of them fit. Bad enough we're stuck with Todd 2.0.

The Josslyn actress posted an IG photo of Cameron in court. I wonder what that's about.

by Anonymousreply 352December 6, 2018 5:06 PM

Wonder why Finola never did DWTS, back when the show was at its peak, not now that it's on life support.

by Anonymousreply 353December 6, 2018 6:10 PM

Lots of professional dancers wreck their bodies over the course of their careers with lasting injuries. It's likely Finola knows her body couldn't/shouldn't go through the weekly demands of that show.

by Anonymousreply 354December 6, 2018 7:18 PM

I never thought that Ava was supposed to be Sonny's main adversary....Julian was. I thought she was more of a pot stirrer and femme fatale. I would have been fine if she was in and out like Obrecht, but she's already had her own episode, etc. Too much.

The latest ratings report showed that GH lost audience from the previous week (during sweeps!). The ratings were nearly identical to DOOL's. Bringing back some OLTL characters is NOT going to help, as we all know.

This show is going through a long, painful death.

by Anonymousreply 355December 6, 2018 9:09 PM

Tamron Hall’s show will kill GH. Syndicated, but picked up by all the Top 10 ABC owned stations. Buh bye GH next Sept.

by Anonymousreply 356December 6, 2018 9:11 PM

I truly believe ABC has an unwritten understanding with FV that GH is a "DNR".

There is no effort being made, just coasting to the end which is near. Probably the only reason they brought back GF is so she can be around for the farewell and they are cutting corners so they can afford to have TG in the finale.

It's been months since the mystery Cassadine/Cassandra in the car, if they were going to do anything with that it would have happened during Nov sweeps and not the deaths of two people no one was invested in. The end being near is probably also why BM and KM feel so comfortable sleep walking through their scenes.

by Anonymousreply 357December 6, 2018 9:29 PM

Is Franco’s mother still in the hospital? Did anyone calll her an Uber?

by Anonymousreply 358December 6, 2018 10:01 PM

When is JY and SM's first airdates?

by Anonymousreply 359December 6, 2018 11:48 PM

JY and SM are slated to debut the same day as Moose the Parrot, who will fill the role of Franco's post-Kiki grief comfort animal and the Geico Gecko, who has been tapped as Roxy's sexy new love interest.

by Anonymousreply 360December 7, 2018 12:09 AM

[quote] When is JY and SM's first airdates?

The same day Michael Muhney returns to Y&R

by Anonymousreply 361December 7, 2018 12:11 AM

If they had just given the great and beautiful Roxy a love interest long ago and given her the most amount of airtime there would be no talk of GH being cancelled now. TBTB wouldn't dare. GH would have higher ratings than L&Ls wedding and she woudn't need the stunt casting of Liz Taylor. Just her natural beauty and raw talent.

AND!!! I would FLOVE to see Moose the Parrot come flying in Franco's window. I'd love Foster and Annabelle back too.

The human actors suck for the most part. Give the show over to those who really can act.

by Anonymousreply 362December 7, 2018 12:19 AM

Brandon Barash (ex Johnny) is spon conning for that type of liposuction that freezes the fat on his Instagram. What's next, Chad (Dick of Death) Duell for Magnum Condoms?

by Anonymousreply 363December 7, 2018 12:38 AM

The GH decision making always baffles. 2 weeks ago they had a promo featuring 2 female characters that had been on the show combined less than a month. They continue to give stories to the likes of Nina and Ava. Maxie is never without a story while Elizabeth gets nothing.

by Anonymousreply 364December 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Elizabeth gets nothing yet she’s on almost twice a week. Why?

by Anonymousreply 365December 7, 2018 1:31 AM

Liz is nothing but a glorified extra these days. All she does is talk about Franco, how wonderful he is or she just stands and wrings her hand in the background while he talks to her children or Ms. Tait. She's been pushed to the background in this Aiden story and has lines like "Franco's better with the kids than I am." WTH.

It's frustrating to watch as a Liz fan especially when others get endless stories. I don't care about another one of Sam's husbands or Maxie falling for Peter or a triangle with Chase, Willow and Michael or Nina's non-daughter.

by Anonymousreply 366December 7, 2018 2:32 AM

GH received a Writers Guild Award nomination. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 367December 7, 2018 3:36 AM

R366

You sound like one of those lunatic Jason & Elizabeth fans. You see the show only thru your agenda glasses for a couple that never really was.

If you actually listened to dialogue with out your tin foil hat you'd have seen that Liz was present & vocal with the teacher. She calmly advocated for her son while Franco was furious. The dialogue did not have her saying Franco's better with the kids than I am.

She said SOMETIMES he's better with them. That is true of any parental team but it also played into the through line that she feels overwhelmed by a situation she can't fix. She feels she's making all the wrong decisions even though Franco & Laura have reassured her. That makes Liz one of the most relatable characters on the show.

Does Liz need to be written for more often? Yes. Does she need family? Yes. She is played by a well loved actress but sadly GH hasn't been interested in about 15 years. It has nothing to do with her pairing.. Her screen partner isn't even getting focus & his pseudo daughter was just murdered. Meanwhile CarSon, Sasha, Michael, etc.. have gotten more dialogue. In a nutshell that highlights what's wrong with GH

by Anonymousreply 368December 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Liz comes from a core family. She is our tortured complex heroine who excels in any pairing you put her in. She works at the hospital - the show is called general hospital after all. She has amazing rivalries. Great chemistry with anyone you mix her up with! Played by a long term Vet who appears to be not only beautiful but professional and loyal the show...so why is she not of GH’s stars????

by Anonymousreply 369December 7, 2018 3:30 PM

R369

Because going all the way back to Frons the only "stars" of GH are Sonny, Carly, Jason, Sam. The show is built around those 4. They have the high guarantees. They infect storylines they have no business being in. FV feels the same but he has also added LW's boy toy & MS to the "All Star" league.

by Anonymousreply 370December 7, 2018 3:39 PM

Herbst is not the best actress but there is something about her that just works. She should be featured more I agree. What does the show see in Storms aka Maxie?

by Anonymousreply 371December 7, 2018 3:55 PM

R368

And you sound like one of those lunatic Friz fans who have to pounce and attack every time someone criticizes Franco. Agenda glasses? For Jason and Liz? In 2018? GMAB. Just because I don't like Franco means I have an agenda? You're hilarious. Franco has absolutely been given more focus than Liz in this story about Aiden because it is always ALL about Franco. I'm allowed to be a Liz fan and not like her pairing.

by Anonymousreply 372December 7, 2018 4:24 PM

All of the Maxie recasts have been better than Storms but they insist on keeping her around R371. I'm just looking forward to her sleeping with Peter because that means he'll probably be dead soon!

by Anonymousreply 373December 7, 2018 4:42 PM

Storms is not good. She was only tolerable for a bit when Maxie was to catty fashionista bitch.

Now Maxie is a chubby drab woman trying to be a heroine. Maxie isn't a heroine & Storms is terrible in the role. And she looks awful.

by Anonymousreply 374December 7, 2018 4:55 PM

Maxie and Peter don’t work. In real life he wouldn’t touch her with somebody else’s dick. Out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 375December 7, 2018 5:02 PM

Boring Friday episode.

So now the cult girl is involved with Sam's ex-husband. In the words of Joy Behar, so what, who cares.

Can't believe Tamara Braun came back to be this dull drab inconsequential character. She should have been the Nelle character, some long lost, same age sister/half sister/step sister/separated at birth twin of Snarly. But of course that would have been true competition for one of the Unholy Trinity (MB, SB, LW) and we can't have that.

Was Curtis introduced to his father today? That might actually be something of interest...

Anyone care enough to speculate what the Sam's ex and Galina IL connection/angle is?

GH got a Writer's Guild nomination? LOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 376December 7, 2018 7:12 PM

[R374]

Mollie Burnette was a great temp replacement as Maxie. It's a shame TPTB didn't pull the trigger then and make Burnette permanent.

Permanent Maxie is Meghan McCain light.

by Anonymousreply 377December 7, 2018 7:20 PM

IA about Tamara. It’s painful watching her in scenes with the Oscar kid and with BM. They suck.

I don’t see the point of newbies for Stella and Mike. What a waste.

This Daisy/Sam thing is stupid already.

by Anonymousreply 378December 7, 2018 7:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 7, 2018 8:44 PM

It can't be a 'Legends of GH' event if Mo isn't gonna be there.

by Anonymousreply 380December 7, 2018 9:29 PM

Mo will be at the "Gods of GH" event.

by Anonymousreply 381December 7, 2018 9:31 PM

I can't wait to see if the cult has convinced Oscar to will them his shares of ELQ, that will put a whole different spin on things. Are they targeting rich kids to bilk them out of their funds? Kristina also comes from wealth. And that business about "unburdening" to cleanse yourself of negative energy sounded an awful lot like the e-meter BS that Scientology was using to gather blackmail material to control people with. Now it looks like Daisy either works or volunteers at the memory care center, won't be surprised if she's trying to scam the old folks, too.

by Anonymousreply 382December 7, 2018 10:46 PM

But why bring Sam into this? So she can use her PI skills to figure it all out and be the hero in the end?

Also, I wonder what Stafford thinks of this story. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 383December 7, 2018 11:03 PM

When Daisy was blathering on about how Krissy shouldn't feel sad for Kiki because she's "gone home now, back to the place she came from" you just know she really meant she took the intergalactic tram back to the mother planet.

by Anonymousreply 384December 8, 2018 5:09 AM

I had high hopes for Tamara’s GH return. Total letdown. Wish she’d been a bad Girl. Or a Dr Sarah’s Weber recast it better yet the real Carly who would expose LW as the fake.

by Anonymousreply 385December 8, 2018 6:27 AM

I definitely miss Tamara as Carly. LW has been on GH forever and I still can't see her as Carly. All I see are those teeth and that snarling. Everything about her is so harsh.

by Anonymousreply 386December 8, 2018 6:45 AM

R385 Welcome back. Sarah Weber troll!!

by Anonymousreply 387December 8, 2018 7:34 AM

The only way I'm going to GAF about this cult shit is if Mitch Lawrence is the Big Kahuna running it.

by Anonymousreply 388December 8, 2018 12:40 PM

I'm shocked they are doing a cult story what with MS being one of FV's pets.

by Anonymousreply 389December 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Are we gonna get a munchausen story or what? This brain tumor story is going nowhere and has no point.

by Anonymousreply 390December 8, 2018 2:04 PM

Rumor says Mia Korf is coming to GH as Blair Daimler.

by Anonymousreply 391December 8, 2018 2:06 PM

A Munchausen story would be a lot more interesting than what's going on right now. And it would give Tamara B. more to do. Viewers have no emotional connection to Oscar so why should they care that he's dying? Or are supposed to care because of Mumbling Drew?

by Anonymousreply 392December 8, 2018 6:21 PM

[R392]

At this point, a Munchausen story would make the Tranny doctor directly involved with Kim.

Can you imagine the outrage from the Stefonknee activists if they make Dr. Terry a villain?

by Anonymousreply 393December 8, 2018 6:31 PM

Yeah it's too late now to backtrack and make it a Munchausen story. They'll just have to rush the miraculous cure for someone no one cares about and then move along and forget about it or they have to rush the death that no one will tune in for and then move along.

by Anonymousreply 394December 8, 2018 7:06 PM

R393

Ok, frau. It's time for you to exit DL. Pejoratives against LBGTQ are not tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 395December 8, 2018 8:17 PM

The LBGs aren't part of the Ts.

by Anonymousreply 396December 8, 2018 8:25 PM

R393 I completely forgot about Dr. Terry! That's how little she's on. I forgot she was Oscar's doctor. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 397December 8, 2018 8:27 PM

[R397]

It seemed like they brought Dr. Terry on to do an important S/L on diversity and tolerance at the workplace.

Since then, nada thing.

I wonder if GH got cold feet?

by Anonymousreply 398December 8, 2018 8:30 PM

For elder GH fans- one of my earliest, most visceral memories- my mom was a huge fan (as was everyone in the late 70s, early 80s) as I remember being sucked in as a reallly kid by a storyline where a jealous girl angrily cut another girl’s sweater to pieces with scissors over a guy. I think it was her sister...? Does anyone remember this scene? It’s seared in my memory.

by Anonymousreply 399December 8, 2018 8:36 PM

R398 I personally think Dr. Terry was brought on for the Aiden storyline. Initially, it looked like Aiden wanted to identify as a girl/was interested in "girl" things but I think they've changed it to just bullying by his cousin. That's a pretty heavy story for a little kid so maybe they backtracked. Not that I had any faith that GH writers could pull off something like that.

by Anonymousreply 400December 8, 2018 8:37 PM

GH seems to have backtracked on every single story lately....

by Anonymousreply 401December 8, 2018 8:43 PM

Is there a new OLTL thread?

by Anonymousreply 402December 8, 2018 8:45 PM

R402 Has been for a while

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403December 8, 2018 8:52 PM

What's going on with the mayor/election tampering storyline?

by Anonymousreply 404December 8, 2018 9:31 PM

Spencer escaped back to France.

Ned must be doing all of the campaigning because Laura is pushing her fake husband non stop to kill her.

A for the investigation...We're talking the PCPD whose only success in the last two years was to bust Alzheimer's Mike for trespassing in Ava's gallery.

by Anonymousreply 405December 8, 2018 9:40 PM

LOL r405

by Anonymousreply 406December 8, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote] It seemed like they brought Dr. Terry on to do an important S/L on diversity and tolerance at the workplace. Since then, nada thing. I wonder if GH got cold feet?

Oh, the hilarity that could have ensued if Bensch had tried to put the moves on Terry. She looks like she could flatten him in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 407December 8, 2018 9:55 PM

[R407]

A good number of viewers thought what you posted was a real possibility during the Kiki harassment S/L.

by Anonymousreply 408December 8, 2018 9:57 PM

Those would have been great metoo era stories for GH fans to watch as Bensch sued Terry or Kiki for assault.

by Anonymousreply 409December 9, 2018 9:57 AM

Daytime Confidential's report on the ratings included this tidbit:

Days, generally at the bottom of the ratings heap, beat GH in the ratings for one day during the week of Nov. 12-16. That day was Monday, Nov. 12, the day that GH aired its Sonny-centric show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410December 11, 2018 1:23 AM

R410

That makes me so proud that Days beat GH! The concentration on all things Sonny & his co-horts is killing the show.

I read online that Mo is pitching to have FV hire his son His son played Sonny in the flashback.. Mo supposedly said it at a recent event & on his snap chat.

Fuck! We already have LW's bed warmer now we're probably going to get Mo's tween son.? Pardon me while I barf.

by Anonymousreply 411December 11, 2018 1:49 AM

Underwhelming funeral today. Where was everyone?

by Anonymousreply 412December 11, 2018 1:56 AM

Franco's speech was moving, but Griffin's speech fell flat and was self serving. It was weird that the funeral speeches ended with his.

by Anonymousreply 413December 11, 2018 1:58 AM

Howarth blew as usual. Mo in love with himself and now trying to get his son a job. Burton looked like he was melting on screen today. That skin! This show needs to go!

by Anonymousreply 414December 11, 2018 2:16 AM

That article sounds a little like it's doing some big time shilling for Days. All 4 soaps are not in a necessarily good place.

by Anonymousreply 415December 11, 2018 2:17 AM

No soap is in good shape but no soap has lost as many viewers as GH in a year.....

by Anonymousreply 416December 11, 2018 2:26 AM

I thought Howarth was AWFUL at the funeral. Overacting at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 417December 11, 2018 3:15 AM

He's almost always bad. only the friz fans hype him up really.

by Anonymousreply 418December 11, 2018 4:09 AM

R417

I thought Howarth did very well. His eulogy alternated from anger to pain to light anecdotes. He was the best part of the show today IMO.

Griffin is just a waste of skin. His sole expression is looking like he's straining for a dump.

GH should've cut out the Jason/Oscar bullshit. It serves the show no good to keep switching scenes every 45 seconds. Especially during heavy scenes like a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 419December 11, 2018 4:12 AM

Roger is terrible. I don't know what's going on with Steve's face.

Also, we're getting another newbie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420December 11, 2018 4:18 AM

Haha Rogers stan is here. He sucked.

by Anonymousreply 421December 11, 2018 4:27 AM

That funeral service was dumb. It might have worked if the script stuck to being centered around the attendees circulating around like what happens at a typical viewing. Then a clergyman could have done a dignified three minute tribute sermonette to make it look official followed by a cemetery burial scene for the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 422December 11, 2018 4:54 AM

Kiki and her sunflowers. Morgan and his penguins. Courtney and her snow globes.

Brings a tear to my eye.

by Anonymousreply 423December 11, 2018 4:56 AM

Someone needs to put this shit show out of its misery.

Valentini is completely awful producing this dreck and it's been the same way for 15 years on both OLTL and GH.

by Anonymousreply 424December 11, 2018 12:07 PM

So many storylines I forget about on this show until they're brought up - like the flash drive garbage.

by Anonymousreply 425December 11, 2018 3:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426December 11, 2018 6:56 PM

Do they not have access to actual "classic" episodes? They can't dig deeper into the vault?

by Anonymousreply 427December 11, 2018 7:59 PM

Question regarding Ava. I watch on and off sometimes missing months at a time. There was an absolutely ridiculous storyline where Ave "died" and came back as her identical cousin who was a hairdresser(?) - or something like that? - I think she used the name Debbie. And when she "died" it was from some disease but Silas cured her, then she killed him. I can't quite remember, so if someone could recount it for me I'd appreciate. Most importantly, how did she kill Silas, why?, and how did she get away with it? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 428December 11, 2018 10:18 PM

Ava didn't kill Silas, Nina's mother Madaline (Donna Mills) killed him.

Ava had cancer, Silas cured her in secret.

Ava came back pretending to be an unknown sister or something, Denise DiMucchio so that Sonny wouldn't kill her. Sonny was going to kill her for killing Connie and had waited until after Avery was born to kill her.

I forget exactly how Ava got out of being killed by Sonny, I think she knew he killed A.J.

That's all I remember.

by Anonymousreply 429December 11, 2018 10:31 PM

For awhile due to Silas treatment on Ava's her DNA supposedly would show up as different on tests. Which would allow her pretend to be a lookalike relative thus protecting her from Sonny killing her. Then I think she found out about Sonny killing AJ.

by Anonymousreply 430December 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Maura Friggin' West is a damn Queen!!

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 431December 12, 2018 1:22 PM

Maura Friggin' Weis a Queen!

That is all!

by Anonymousreply 432December 12, 2018 1:23 PM

[quote]I forget exactly how Ava got out of being killed by Sonny, I think she knew he killed A.J.

She got knocked up with his kid...at like 50.

by Anonymousreply 433December 12, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]Griffin is just a waste of skin. His sole expression is looking like he's straining for a dump.

Yeah but that actor is fucking HOT.

by Anonymousreply 434December 12, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]Griffin is just a waste of skin. His sole expression is looking like he's straining for a dump.

If y'all don't want him, we'll take him over at Days as a recast Sonny or as a new boyfriend for Will.

by Anonymousreply 435December 12, 2018 1:32 PM

Griffin is hot. Too bad they wasted him on Kiki when he had better chemistry with Liz.

by Anonymousreply 436December 12, 2018 4:38 PM

A shame they brought back Duke only to kill him off again....

But Ian Buchanan can no longer play heterosexual convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 437December 12, 2018 5:30 PM

Maura is a one trick pony. Get the make up off and win me an Emmy. Same ole same ole.

by Anonymousreply 438December 12, 2018 7:18 PM

R436

Griffin may be handsome but that's it. Becky Herbst is a chem magnet & even she can't bring any spark to that lump of oatmeal.

Maura Fucking West couldn't liven him up either. Seeing him try & "act" grief stricken today was P&L material.

by Anonymousreply 439December 12, 2018 8:53 PM

Are we really supposed to think Finn is funny? ME is horrible! What is the fascination??

by Anonymousreply 440December 12, 2018 9:07 PM

I agree the Griffin actor is not a good actor and it is a shame cause he sure is nice to look at. They really should cut him loose and free up the money for someone who can act, we really don't need dead Duke's son.

by Anonymousreply 441December 12, 2018 9:08 PM

R440

I adore Finn. I find him quirky & fun. If you had tried to convince me before that Easton would be one of my faves I'd say you were crazy.

He's known for the brooding leading man so watching him as quirky, shy, romantic, witty Finn has been a delight for me.

by Anonymousreply 442December 12, 2018 9:44 PM

R427- They've got tons of classic GH in the vault. I remember when they did a big L&L marathon on SoapNet- they pulled out complete episodes from 1979-1983. So they've got them. Maybe they're too afraid that if viewers see the old episodes they'll realize just how terrible current GH is.

by Anonymousreply 443December 13, 2018 1:28 AM

I find nothing witty or quirky or romantic about Finn. Griffin is no Oscars winner, but Finn is so much worse.

by Anonymousreply 444December 13, 2018 2:06 AM

If Sasha really left to go back to wherever she came from that kills my theory that she would be Ryan's next victim. As DL has said Ryan sure is a lazy serial killer.

I suppose we will have to just settle for being intrigued by the mystery of who from Sam's past is messing with her , lol.

by Anonymousreply 445December 13, 2018 8:28 PM

I don't think Ryan is going to kill anyone else. I think he's going to try with Carly and Laura will come to the rescue or the other way around. It's time to wrap this story up though. It's dragging and nothing excited has come from it. A day player nurse and Kiki? Who cares anymore? Felicia and Laura should have been front and center in this story but GH can't do anything right.

by Anonymousreply 446December 13, 2018 9:22 PM

When are Cam and Oscar just admit that they have feelings for each other.

by Anonymousreply 447December 13, 2018 10:04 PM

Am I alone in thinking BM just goes through the motions no matter who he is in a scene with? He just looks sleepy and glassy eyed to me and yet I read on other forums people just praising what a great actor he is. What am I missing? Are they just carrying over love they had for him on Y&R (I never watched Y&R and barely remember his brief stint on AMC)? I guess he's just not my cup of tea although his and KM's lack of effort seems obvious to me.

Poor Tamara, she doesn't have a viable acting partner in any of her lame storyline(s), not BM, definitely not the Oscar actor and WDV can act but no chemistry and everyone just wants Julexis back together so no support or fan base. She came back for this crap? Her manager clearly did not negotiate well or get some finer points in writing.

by Anonymousreply 448December 13, 2018 10:19 PM

The problem for TB is that Kim has been written as a Loon. She might be compatible for Franco, as he's a bit of a loon, but he's busy ruining Liz, who's been reduced to being his cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 449December 13, 2018 10:23 PM

R448. The only people who praise BM are the Killy/Dream psychos. He literally looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than on that set. He's bored just like KM. I wish they'd write them both off. TB can act circles around most of the people on GH and deserves so much better. She's acting with two brick walls in this horrible storyline.

by Anonymousreply 450December 13, 2018 10:43 PM

Kelly and Billy clearly would rather not be in the storylines they are in.

by Anonymousreply 451December 13, 2018 11:07 PM

And TB maybe the show should have tested her with Billy first before making her a past lover as they have zero chemistry and their kid is a giant headed dopey fuck.

by Anonymousreply 452December 13, 2018 11:10 PM

Do we need the heart shock paddles, or should I just call this soap DOA?

by Anonymousreply 453December 13, 2018 11:14 PM

They should've put Tamara with SB. I always noticed their chemistry during her Carly days.

by Anonymousreply 454December 13, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]Am I alone in thinking BM just goes through the motions no matter who he is in a scene with? He just looks sleepy and glassy eyed to me and yet I read on other forums people just praising what a great actor he is. What am I missing?

I've seen him in a few of his prime time gigs, like "Ray Donovan" and "Suits" and he seemed no different. That grunting, sullen, permanently pissed-off thing must be his only speed now.

by Anonymousreply 455December 13, 2018 11:54 PM

He was so good when he played Ritchie on AMC. Was a lovable cad you couldn't take your eye off of. And he played Billy Abbott as a lovable cad too and again was memorizing. He was so good, he made the role of Billy completely his own to the point that David Tom was incapable of reassuring the role after he left. .

Consquently, I've never understood why GH wanted to cast someone who could inject so much humor and personality into a character as the emotionless Stone Cold. Talk about not playing to his strengths.

Although, for the first few months of BM's time on the show, before they figured out he was Jason, he did put some humor and personality into the role. But by the time he knew he was Jason, no emotion, no humor. Just the sullen character we see on screen today, even though he is now Drew.

by Anonymousreply 456December 14, 2018 12:48 AM

Tam’s Carly And Jason always had chemistry I had high hopes as Kim they pair them up...but despite being back now for a year plus SB doesn’t have a pairing. Great leading man!

by Anonymousreply 457December 14, 2018 12:57 AM

Great leading man? He's just as awful as the other men mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 458December 14, 2018 1:01 AM

TPTB need to have a Come to Jesus moment with Kelly & Billy.

They need to be told they are being paid to act whatever they're given. Their sullen checked out behavior must stop now or they'll be written out.

It's glaring & should never be tolerated.

by Anonymousreply 459December 14, 2018 3:13 AM

[R459]

I agree. The S/Ls involving both of them are being danced around de to the back stage drama with those two.

Especially with KM. The writers keep coming up with ridiculous excuses to keep Sam's reunion with Jason from happening.

She gets a cold. Alexis walks in just as they're about to kiss. Kristina walks in as they're about to kiss. Spinelli interrupts them as they're getting friendly. Sam has a suddenly burst of feelings for Drew as they're about to kiss.

KM and BM are not Bette Davis and Laurence Olivier.

TPTB need to set them straight or recast the characters because they're sinking the show.

by Anonymousreply 460December 14, 2018 3:20 AM

In the new SOD they have several blind items & one of them have people guessing Kelly.

Something about a soap being shocked at the unprofessional behavior one of their actresses.

by Anonymousreply 461December 14, 2018 3:24 AM

Neither character is needed so just write them both off. No need to recast. KM should have never made it to leading lady status anyway.

by Anonymousreply 462December 14, 2018 3:29 AM

Blind item said a "starlet" KM is not a starlet.

by Anonymousreply 463December 14, 2018 3:31 AM

[R461]

I'd believe it. I like KM, but she's been in a coma ever since SB returned as Jason.

BM has been good when playing the grieving father, but KM's demeanor has been "I don't care," all year.

by Anonymousreply 464December 14, 2018 3:33 AM

Billy could have been let go the show kept him on. He only signs year to year. Take it up with Frankie for being dumb.

by Anonymousreply 465December 14, 2018 3:35 AM

The dying networks [and the entertainment biz] are in a state of dementia. They don't even churn out a syndicate-able reruns of the future tv shows anymore. They won't be missed when they're gone since they're like an incontinent, incoherent, misery inducing fool old relative that needs to die already.

by Anonymousreply 466December 14, 2018 4:16 AM

They should let Sam hook up with Drew, marry them off and send them off together.

Frees up money on the canvas and lets those two have what they want.

by Anonymousreply 467December 14, 2018 1:58 PM

Stumpy going around town giving advice to people, praying, etc ? Will they ever stop trying to make this character some sort of hero? It is so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 468December 14, 2018 2:40 PM

[R468]

All of that seems to be leading to a new S/L.

Carly doesn't like the new kinder, gentler Sonny.

Maybe a separation S/L is in the works.

by Anonymousreply 469December 14, 2018 2:42 PM

There was a recent blow up on the set between KMo and SBu. Frank had to leave the control booth to intervene. It was a disagreement over the way a scene had to be played. Once they figured out how to play the scene, Kelly still played it her way which basically tanked the scene. They shot it again and she did the same thing. Frank left the booth to talk to her and she finally played it as directed. Three takes for one scene just isn't done in soaps anymore. But it's true, KMo and SBu don't speak outside of their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 470December 14, 2018 2:58 PM

Maybe Kelly was distracted by the wax melting from Burton's face.

by Anonymousreply 471December 14, 2018 3:04 PM

I noticed in a recent scene with KM and SB sitting on the sofa (she had a cold?) she touched his arm with her entire hand flat and stiff, not natural at all. It reminded me of Melania's stiff hand on Trump's shoulder when they "danced" at Inauguration, lol.

by Anonymousreply 472December 14, 2018 3:13 PM

I still have no idea why SB's return was deemed necessary. It was a hot minute of a story and now, it's basically the SSDD.

by Anonymousreply 473December 14, 2018 3:17 PM

The new SOD says Sasha isn't gone for good. She'll be back. UGH!

by Anonymousreply 474December 14, 2018 3:28 PM

R470

FV should've said do it as written or clean out your dressing room.

Her contract was up for renewal in October. If she was pissed about storyline direction she should've not re-signed.

But then she (like most actors) have no prospects. She's over 40 and spent her entire career in soaps.

Grow the fuck up & do your job or vacate the premises.

by Anonymousreply 475December 14, 2018 3:32 PM

Yep, pretty bold of someone over 40 and no other prospects to be so belligerent. I don't think she's ever even done a Hallmark or Lifetime movie as a backup plan. If she just wants to whisper and mumble maybe she should look into doing ASMR on YT instead. I can't stand SB either but no one is paying my to put up with him.

by Anonymousreply 476December 14, 2018 3:44 PM

[quote]FV should've said do it as written or clean out your dressing room.

Won't happen. Everyone knows that Kelly is sitting on a huge #metoo that would blow all kinds of shit up.

by Anonymousreply 477December 14, 2018 3:45 PM

r477, I didn't think of that, makes sense now, she has insurance and has seen a lot in over a decade.

Wonder what happened with Sarah Joy Brown's cryptic twitter or FB posts about what she endured there, her posts were around time Les Moonves stuff broke. I couldn't figure out if she was complaining about GH or her ex ( who is some bigwig in the biz...?) or both. She did say in her posts she went to a big long time actress at GH for help and actress wouldn't help because her H was in business with SJB's ex. I'm guessing big GH actress was GF.

by Anonymousreply 478December 14, 2018 3:56 PM

R477

GMAB! Kelly would never be able to prove her career was hindered in any way.

When Frons was there he catered to her like she was the second coming. ABC has always promoted her = Port Charles to GH to DWTS. She's always had story, a pairing & a huge episode guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 479December 14, 2018 5:06 PM

LMAO. If Monaco was removed for being "difficult", then Mo should have gone years ago for his temper tantrums and demands.

by Anonymousreply 480December 14, 2018 5:20 PM

R480

Gurrl, please keep up. It goes without saying that Mo should've been jerked into line a long long time ago. That's been discussed on DL for a decade.

The Kelly situation is new.

by Anonymousreply 481December 14, 2018 5:24 PM

I think KM and BM have caused a lot of backstage drama since SB was brought back to be paired with KM again.

Even though KM and BM fought that decision, TPTB signed them both back thinking they could get this resolved, but it hasn't to anyone's satisfaction.

So now, since TPTB can't get KM paired with her ex-husband Jason, they're going to start dredging up all of the past elderly husbands she swindled out of their money. They can do this until KM's contract expires next year, and it is not a good look for her to viewers.

OTOH, the writers have turned Kim into a spinning like a top Loon and let her loose on Drew. BM doesn't look happy doing scenes with TB dropping stronger hints about reuniting. They can also drag that S/L out until his contract expires.

I think it's possible TPTB are willing to wait them out one more contract. The show seems like it's nearing he end of the road anyway.

by Anonymousreply 482December 14, 2018 5:35 PM

If nothing else I guess KM & BM have succeeded it making it so that SB wasn't able to come swooping back in and steal the girl back and "WIN", they blocked his win so score for them.

I get they can't stand SB but why the awful performances all around. Can't BM try to look awake in scenes with TB? It's not her fault, why sabotage her. Unless she's besties with SB which I doubt, pretty sure I read she also had her issues with SB and MB her first time around on GH.

by Anonymousreply 483December 14, 2018 5:59 PM

BM only seems invested in his scenes with "Oscar".

I think BM likes that part of his S/L, and I think he's engaged in helping that actor through his scenes. That kid is, unfortunately, below average in talent.

by Anonymousreply 484December 14, 2018 6:14 PM

WTF happened between KM and SBu? And why are they allowing her and BM to dictate what's going on? It's painful watching Jason make googly eyes at Sam while she looks nauseated in their scenes.

And KM is a lifer. She'll never leave on her own. She's said it before. When GH is over, the most she'll get is probably hosting gigs. She's not a good actress and has zero charm or charisma.

by Anonymousreply 485December 14, 2018 7:57 PM

R482

I hate everyone connected to Sonny,Jason,Drew,etc... so I have no investment in who gets Sam. That being said what do you mean " TPTB can't get Kelly paired with Jason"? She's hired to act whatever the fuck they put on the page for Sam.

Kelly & Billy need to grow up & act like professional adults. The history of Daytime is littered with couples who didn't mesh or like each other but they left that off screen & sold the shit out of their stories. None of us adore everyone we work with but we let it go & do our damn jobs. If we didn't we'd be fired.

by Anonymousreply 486December 14, 2018 7:59 PM

[R486]

You need to send that second paragraph to Frank.

by Anonymousreply 487December 14, 2018 8:07 PM

I think Kelly dislikes Burton but I think Billy actually loathes him.

by Anonymousreply 488December 14, 2018 8:11 PM

I just don't understand why Frank insists on keeping Sam and Jason in this will they or won't they story? What is so wrong about letting Jasam go? Let both characters move on. It's not like they're driving a major story right now. If they're so hellbent on keeping KM happy then let Sam go be with Drew.

by Anonymousreply 489December 14, 2018 8:22 PM

I think TPTB are refusing to pair her up with Drew because that would be giving in to her and BM's demands and rewarding their bad behavior. KM won't act right in scenes with SB so that can't put her with him. SB is used to getting his way and calling the shots so he's not backing down. So they are all in a deadlock.

The Staff and RH didn't like working together but it wasn't noticeable when they were paired.

by Anonymousreply 490December 14, 2018 8:34 PM

R489

Kelly & Billy don't write the show. If the show want to reunite Jasam then that's the decision. The actors are hired to play whatever story is written

R488

Billy/Steve never had issues on YR. They can hate each other all they want as long as it's kept off screen. Put on your big boy panties and do your job. Or leave..

by Anonymousreply 491December 14, 2018 8:39 PM

Is BM still with his girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 492December 14, 2018 8:43 PM

R482

I believe so.

by Anonymousreply 493December 14, 2018 8:50 PM

R477 Any details on this?

by Anonymousreply 494December 14, 2018 8:53 PM

Billy never liked Steve at YR.

by Anonymousreply 495December 14, 2018 9:02 PM

Burton and Monaco were never close to begin with. Their psycho fans like to act like they were. Yes they were probably more cordial on set than they are these days, but they weren't hanging out off screen. In fact, that's how the Liason fans would bait those loser Jasam fans by claiming Burton didn't want t work with KM and preferred Becky since they all hung out off screen. Burton was at fan events back in the day mocking a noose around his neck because he had to go back into jasam again and didn't want too.

Becky doesn't fuck with Burton anymore either, so the question is why? Kelly and Billy aren't saint but Burton is a certified smug asshole. I find it hard to believe Burton and Benard never made some Michael Weatherly type comments to several actresses since they threw their weight around with Geary all the damn time back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 496December 14, 2018 9:07 PM

What's the story with Becky and Steve?

by Anonymousreply 497December 14, 2018 9:14 PM

I read Becky and her husband fell out with Steve over the monavie juice mlm thing.

I think they are all just coasting til the end which is not far away.

by Anonymousreply 498December 14, 2018 9:15 PM

Burton's return has been a bust. They can blame Kelly and Billy all they want. At the end of the day, him coming back did absolutely nothing for the show. It's worse than it has ever been.

by Anonymousreply 499December 14, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote] And KM is a lifer. She'll never leave on her own.

Somewhere a Hooters in the Poconos is missing its head hostess.

by Anonymousreply 500December 14, 2018 9:52 PM

R496

No one ever said Monaco & Burton were buds out of work but they never had any problems working on set. This is all beside the point. As I said. Many people have vehemently hated each other in soaps but they left it off the set and sold what was on the page.

by Anonymousreply 501December 14, 2018 10:24 PM

Oh you mean like Tony Geary refusing to do LNL at the end? Please. JaSam is a horrid pairing. Burton is terrible romantic lead at this point in the game.

by Anonymousreply 502December 14, 2018 10:34 PM

It's true Stafford ( basically a new comer to the show compared to Kelly and gets what she wants and makes more) did not want to work with Howarth. She told Frank and Frank made it happen, so when Kelly tells Frank she doesn't want to work with Steve he doesn't have a leg to stand on. This mess has happened because he isn't consistent. Steve will do whatever because he just wants to work and bank money for the inevitable end times. Once this is over Steve Burton is done. At least Kelly can still do her DWTS tours and Billy seems to get booked for guest spots

by Anonymousreply 503December 14, 2018 10:42 PM

Does anyone know why The Staff didn't want to work with Howarth?

by Anonymousreply 504December 14, 2018 10:46 PM

It was ok for Geary to not work with Genie too...of course the biggest pairing to ever exist on GH and to get them millions of viewers. That was ok to do because it's Geary. And all times Maurice cries for a storyline yet Monaco gets raked over the coals for not wanting to work with a man whose face is melting off.

by Anonymousreply 505December 14, 2018 10:47 PM

So another week has passed. Has Lazy bones killed anyone else or is he still just sitting on his lazy ass making goo goo eyes for Ava?

by Anonymousreply 506December 14, 2018 11:02 PM

I can't believe Laura still hasn't figured it out yet. She may be kind of nutty but she's not THIS stupid.

by Anonymousreply 507December 14, 2018 11:15 PM

Stafford and Roger just clashed personality wise.

by Anonymousreply 508December 14, 2018 11:22 PM

Thank you R508. Well, I could never tell. They both were very professional. I actually liked Franco together with Nina, but like him better with Liz. I don't mind Staff. I don't think she's great, but she's okay. There are many others I'd want to see off the show before her.

by Anonymousreply 509December 15, 2018 12:06 AM

IIRC, LW has also dictated who she didn't want to work with.

by Anonymousreply 510December 15, 2018 12:40 AM

LW should be lucky she isn't still pumping gas back in Maryland.

by Anonymousreply 511December 15, 2018 12:53 AM

Not like NLG hasn't demanded shit either.

by Anonymousreply 512December 15, 2018 12:55 AM

NLG is another one who should offer profuse thanks for still having a job after that whole Viola Davis thing.

by Anonymousreply 513December 15, 2018 1:00 AM

NLG and Steve Burton are constantly having friendly fights about politics on the set. They are polar opposites, but seem to like each other. GH is an interesting set. They all adore Frank and are constantly "working" him. Most everybody gets along, except for those who have been mentioned on this thread. GH has always been a set where the actors are constantly trying to please the EP. Monty, JFP, Frank. A lot of fans don't like Sonny, but Mo Benard is a sweetheart and gets the Sonny hate. The only time he was truly pissed off was during the OLTL invasion and Ron's writing. He was the ringleader in getting the cast together to get Ron fired.

by Anonymousreply 514December 15, 2018 1:14 AM

Sweetheart? WTF? FV is hated by many cast members. He gets his ween sucked by those he caters to like Stafford and Benard.

by Anonymousreply 515December 15, 2018 1:51 AM

GH lost audience every week but one during November sweeps.

by Anonymousreply 516December 15, 2018 4:10 AM

How were the ratings for the Sonny extravaganza? Maybe we'll get one for Peter next.

by Anonymousreply 517December 15, 2018 4:53 AM

Ava and Maura centered week got the highest ratings of november and episode rating. Maurice's episode epic fail. But hey Carson and JaSam need to be shoved down everyone's throats.

by Anonymousreply 518December 15, 2018 5:05 AM

R503

That is not true regarding what happened. MS didn't demand to not work with RoHo anymore. It was RoHo except they weren't like KM/BM being all sullen & phoning it in. You never say a trace of issues on screen.

RoHo & MS do have different working styles. She doesn't like to rehearse but they had a very civil relationship until MS did something unprofessional on a personal level.(I can not reveal it on here) RoHo was coming up on contract negotiations. He said he could no longer work with her & he was ready to not re-sign. GH wanted to keep him so they said if he'd stay they'd end the pairing. JP/SA started tossing around ideas & hit upon pairing BH/RoHo. It all worked out in the end because Becky/Roger and Michelle/James get along very well.

by Anonymousreply 519December 15, 2018 6:33 AM

R517

The ratings for the Sonny centric episode tanked

by Anonymousreply 520December 15, 2018 6:34 AM

I'm sorry but Anna/Finn are AWFUL. Forced and cringe-inducing. Anna had more chemistry with Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 521December 15, 2018 12:13 PM

I like to know the personal thing that Stafford did to Roger that made the latter tell the producers he would only re-sign if he wasn't paired with Staff.

by Anonymousreply 522December 15, 2018 12:22 PM

[quote] I can not reveal it on here

Spill, bitch

by Anonymousreply 523December 15, 2018 12:24 PM

r522

details please

by Anonymousreply 524December 15, 2018 12:42 PM

I've already said more than I should .

I will say that MS did something that truly infuriated him (and rightfully so) and made them working together impossible.

It was nothing sexual. I came back to clarify that because I know how DL jumps to conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 525December 15, 2018 1:58 PM

So have Billy and Kelly essentially been punished because of their BTS drama? They don't share scenes together at all.

by Anonymousreply 526December 15, 2018 2:21 PM

Why even bring up the topic if you can't post about it, R525. It's not a good look. This is an anonymous message forum. No one knows who you are or cares for that matter. Stop being Lucy with the football. "I know something you don't know".

by Anonymousreply 527December 15, 2018 4:14 PM

[R525] makes it sound like MS went into RH's dressing room and left a gift on the carpet ala Bea Arthur/Farrah Fawcett.

by Anonymousreply 528December 15, 2018 4:29 PM

She was probably spreading the word of Xenu

by Anonymousreply 529December 15, 2018 4:31 PM

I did notice MS wasn't her usual over the top bubbly gushing self when discussing RoHo in this podcast of hers from 2017 with Cady McClain. She didn't say anything negative at all but was obviously tight lipped. She and Cady played a Truth or Dare game starting at 30:00 ish, one of the questions starting at 35:00 ish was "rank your leading men from favorite to least favorite", Cady diplomatically ranked RH least favorite, said he was "mercurial". MS definitely has an inside joke kind of laughter going on with her crew (COS people) when they are discussing RH and she is egging Cady on to rank on "personality" and having to "spend the day with the guy". I imagine neither MS or RH are a piece of cake to work with but MS is COS trained and probably has a lot of scientology tricks up her sleeve to further agitate and retaliate against people. I do wonder if MS was born into COS or joined on her own in hopes of furthering her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530December 15, 2018 4:33 PM

All I know is that she is on WAY too much and doesn't have chemistry with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 531December 15, 2018 4:39 PM

I think Finola is deliberately not connecting with Finn. Anna is trying really hard to believe she has fallen in love again but deep down she has not. I think that is how she is playing it.

by Anonymousreply 532December 15, 2018 5:12 PM

I have a thecret! I have a thecret and I'm not gonna tell you!

by Anonymousreply 533December 15, 2018 5:15 PM

What, did Stafford pee on his dressing room floor or something?

by Anonymousreply 534December 15, 2018 5:41 PM

DL was never going to jump to the conclusion that there was anything sexual between MS and a man.

by Anonymousreply 535December 15, 2018 5:53 PM

Wil de Vry tweeted for people to stop harrassing TB. The julexis fans are threatening him for the 12th time that he's shit without julexis.

by Anonymousreply 536December 15, 2018 6:05 PM

Anna and Finn not only DON'T have chemistry--they're a study in UN-chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 537December 15, 2018 7:11 PM

Just like Jason and Sam

Just like Sonny and Carly

FV and company don't care if Sam looks like she wants to have a deep teeth cleaning in scenes with Jason, all that matters is "JASAM!"

by Anonymousreply 538December 15, 2018 7:46 PM

R536, who is TB?

by Anonymousreply 539December 15, 2018 8:26 PM

The actress playing Kim.

by Anonymousreply 540December 15, 2018 8:31 PM

After looking at the clip that R530 posted, I can see why Roger wouldn't want to be around Stafford. She's one of those women who thinks that they are charming and fun loving, but she is one annoying broad. I couldn't spend 1 minute around her without wanting to throw something at her. I don't even want to imagine what she's like when she gets wasted.

by Anonymousreply 541December 15, 2018 8:48 PM

Well, I thought sexual right away but if it wasn't that I'm even more curious.

It was rumored and actually seen by fans who hung our around the old ATWT Brooklyn studio that RH was having a fling with the awful actress who played Meg, can't remember her name. It was quite a shock to RH fans who always though he was devoted for life to his wife. But he's still with his wife so maybe it was a male change of life thing for him. Of all the actresses he worked with no one could understand why that one was the one he would fool around with. According to crew who were friendly with some of the fans hanging out that actress who played Meg used to walk around the studio naked. A real class act. She was very disliked by everyone, except I guess RH.

by Anonymousreply 542December 15, 2018 11:06 PM

Roger is a pig, He probably still cheats.

by Anonymousreply 543December 15, 2018 11:29 PM

R542. Marie Wilson. She played Karen on Port Charles too and I think she may have crossed over to GH a few times? I can't remember. That rumor has been going around for years.

R536. I feel for bad for TB. She's talented and trying in this storyline. She was popular as Carly but that was before social media. It must be hard for her. She seems really sweet but also sensitive. People are pretty terrible to her online. And why anyone would want Julexis back is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 544December 15, 2018 11:52 PM

[html removed] All of them get nasty things sent to them not just Tamara. GH has the most fanatical soap fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 545December 16, 2018 4:18 AM

He only mentioned it because she was online pleading for people to stop being "mean". She either needs to learn to block or just abandon her social media like Becky has. The Julexis fans are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 546December 16, 2018 4:22 AM

Is it true Howarth is bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 547December 16, 2018 4:29 AM

R547

I have never heard any whiff of Howarth being Bi.

by Anonymousreply 548December 16, 2018 6:29 AM

Why isn't Uncle Frankie pushing a hot romance with this piece of ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 16, 2018 12:51 PM

R549

It seems like they're setting up something between Chase & Willow.

by Anonymousreply 550December 16, 2018 1:48 PM

I want more dish on the problems between Kelly, Billy, and Burton. Wonder if at any point it almost got physical between Billy and Burton?

by Anonymousreply 551December 16, 2018 4:04 PM

Those two fight? Between them, they have about the energy of slug.

by Anonymousreply 552December 16, 2018 5:06 PM

R551

I highly doubt it. WTF would they come to blows? People can not get along & it not lead to it being physical.

by Anonymousreply 553December 16, 2018 5:10 PM

Marie Wilson was very pretty and Roger Howarth was separated from his wife at the time. It was hardly a pearl clutching scandal. Nor were they the first actors to ever have a little something going on behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 554December 16, 2018 5:12 PM

No. Roger cheated on his wife with her. Then brought his daughter to the emmys and walked the red carpet with daughter and the mistress together. She was going to leave him. The son disowned him and changed his last name. That's why there are rumors about Becky/Roho these days.

by Anonymousreply 555December 16, 2018 7:13 PM

This is what comes out when you let Roger Howarth creampie you.

Did he really change his last name because he was angry at Roger or was it a career move?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556December 16, 2018 7:18 PM

He changed the name to his mom's maiden name.

Roger, mistress, and daughter at Emmys. This dude has balls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557December 16, 2018 7:22 PM

R557

RoHo's son took his dad's name back after a short time. When RoHo and his wife reconciled she insisted he get a tattooed wedding ring. He always wears a Band-Aid on screen to cover it.

Marie Wilson was also married with a daughter during the fling. She was taping in NYC but her husband stayed in LA.

by Anonymousreply 558December 16, 2018 8:59 PM

RoHo is disgusting to look at.

by Anonymousreply 559December 16, 2018 9:14 PM

I doubt the tattoo matters. Roger seems shady as hell.

by Anonymousreply 560December 16, 2018 9:16 PM

You all act as though Howarth is the first actor to ever have an affair with his costar.

by Anonymousreply 561December 16, 2018 9:38 PM

Yeah, it's not exactly unheard of.

by Anonymousreply 562December 16, 2018 9:40 PM

R561

For real. You don't even have to be in entertainment for there to be workplace flings.

They had a fling & both Wilson & Howarth reconciled with their spouses.

by Anonymousreply 563December 16, 2018 10:50 PM

Wow the Roho bitches are so sensitive here. We can talk about everyone else fucking and screwing but not Roho and his shitty behavior? k.

by Anonymousreply 564December 16, 2018 11:55 PM

I wanna hear more about this bitch hanging around the studio naked. Isn't that a workplace health hazard, snail trails and all?

by Anonymousreply 565December 17, 2018 12:10 AM

How about Jen-A-Fil and her hunky co-star? That was one hot interoffice sex romp.

by Anonymousreply 566December 17, 2018 12:13 AM

Did someone say my name?

by Anonymousreply 567December 17, 2018 12:38 AM

R564

Who's getting sensitive or saying you can't talk about it? I just pointed out the 2 marriages survived & that infidelity isn't only in the entertainment business. Infidelity is very common.

by Anonymousreply 568December 17, 2018 12:58 AM

Just give us the RoHo and Staff scoop already.

by Anonymousreply 569December 17, 2018 1:14 AM

You know that Roger is faithful to his wife these days? For a fact?

by Anonymousreply 570December 17, 2018 1:32 AM

R570, who cares either way? But I would like to know the awful thing Strafford did to him that caused him to not want to work with her anymore. I actually liked Franco and Nina together. I really don't like her with Valentin. They seemed forced and bored.

by Anonymousreply 571December 17, 2018 2:32 AM

I'm so well hung I can suck my OWN cock, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 572December 17, 2018 2:44 AM

Valentine should have been paired with Anna. They have chemistry in spades.

by Anonymousreply 573December 17, 2018 12:20 PM

r573, then how could Frank pimp his pets Easton and Stafford? The fact that those two are still on the show with characters of absolutely zero significance is mind-boggling.

by Anonymousreply 574December 17, 2018 12:50 PM

James Patrick Stuart sings O Little Town of Bethlehem for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575December 17, 2018 5:46 PM

Just give Max Gail the Emmy now, no need to go through the formalities of a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 576December 17, 2018 6:38 PM

LOL, the lengths they are going to so that KM doesn't have to kiss SB.

by Anonymousreply 577December 17, 2018 7:00 PM

I hope they don't have Aiden attempt suicide or something ...

by Anonymousreply 578December 17, 2018 7:05 PM

Oh my, didn't even think of that r578, hope not. I wonder if they are testing the waters as far as what direction to take this story line with Aiden and not commiting yet to what the actual issue is, partly to see what actor can handle and partly to see what audience will accept.

Also, I think Charlotte's behavior problems run deeper than bullying Aiden. She needs an all around attitude adjustment. She was pretty rude to Finn on career day, to Laura when she brought her a doll from France (although she did correct herself but her reaction was ungrateful), to Willow in the coffee shop.

by Anonymousreply 579December 17, 2018 7:32 PM

WOW at the embarrassment of Jason and Sam!

by Anonymousreply 580December 17, 2018 8:41 PM

R578

I hadn't thought of that but I was told be someone that they were shocked at the turn planned for the kid storyline. That it was leading in a direction they didn't think Daytime had ever gone before.

I just assumed whatever it was they meant the teen story but it could definitely be the younger kid story.

Aiden & Charlotte are much younger but they're better at acting than bland as oatmeal Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 581December 17, 2018 8:59 PM

It seems Charlotte was a polite and nice little girl when her father was raising her. It seems she's become what she is now since Lulu came into the picture.

by Anonymousreply 582December 17, 2018 9:14 PM

Someone needs to think about the title for the next thread.

by Anonymousreply 583December 17, 2018 9:29 PM

R582

You obviously haven't been watching. Nina is the culprit and Valentin is so pussy whipped he backs her up.

by Anonymousreply 584December 17, 2018 9:36 PM

It is a very current story and I didn't consider it until that video game scene. Also, Charlotte saying she wasn't the only one bullying him. Poor kid can't catch a break. I think it's pretty obvious the original story - Aiden wanting to be a girl - was dropped. Perhaps they feared the response so they're going with this.

And IA that Future Serial Killer Charlotte has serious issues yet all we get are scenes of her being rewarded and praised. They took her out for gelato just for apologizing to her cousin? Is Papa going to buy her a new pony next?

by Anonymousreply 585December 17, 2018 10:07 PM

Then the new thread oughta be something about "charlotte's web" LOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 586December 17, 2018 10:18 PM

Most awkward love scene EVAH! And I’m not takin bout the nursing home!

by Anonymousreply 587December 17, 2018 10:25 PM

You mean jasam as the most awkward shit on planet earth?

by Anonymousreply 588December 17, 2018 10:33 PM

Watching Jasam is just painful. Besides the fact that they have no chemistry, you have to strain to hear KM. Ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 589December 17, 2018 10:37 PM

Valentin is such a pussy. It's laughable that he was the only person who struck fear in here. Bullshit!

Charlotte is scarier than Valentin. She's a demon seed.

by Anonymousreply 590December 17, 2018 10:40 PM

Oops! Struck fear in Helena.

by Anonymousreply 591December 17, 2018 10:41 PM

Is there still a hospital?

by Anonymousreply 592December 17, 2018 10:45 PM

The Aiden actor is cute and good little actor but I wonder if a young kid like that can carry a heavy story line such as the one being hinted at.

How does it work with these kid actors on Soaps, do they have acting coaches on set or a PA that runs lines with them or what? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 593December 17, 2018 10:46 PM

IDK if GH still has an acting coach but I know that they've used one in the past. He's been mentioned in interviews with different cast members and I believe JMB thanked him in an Emmy speech.

by Anonymousreply 594December 17, 2018 10:49 PM

[quote]Then the new thread oughta be something about "charlotte's web" LOLOLOLOL

New thread was already set up and waiting to drop, so no time to incorporate Charlotte's Web. That could have been good, though!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595December 17, 2018 10:53 PM

*pouts*

by Anonymousreply 596December 18, 2018 10:39 AM

I'd pout if I could still move my face......

by Anonymousreply 597December 18, 2018 10:39 AM

BUH

by Anonymousreply 598December 18, 2018 10:39 AM

BYE

by Anonymousreply 599December 18, 2018 10:39 AM

NOW

by Anonymousreply 600December 18, 2018 10:40 AM

God, I need some cock!

by Anonymousreply 601December 18, 2018 10:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!