Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Story: Apocalypse - Part Three

Continued from prior thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 1, 2018 12:38 PM

Can someone please clearly explain what was presented this week in episode 5? I’m completely confused and on the verge of not giving a shit.

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2018 10:17 PM

R1. Have you.seen any other episodes or been following the stories. It is hard to explain one episode when it includes seven years of character and plot twists.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2018 10:22 PM

It would help if you explain what you are confused about r1.

In a nutshell, this is what you needed to take from this episode.

Cordelia has vision of apocalyptic future.

Cordelia allows Michael to do 7 wonders.

Cheyenne Jackson goes to warn Cordelia about Michael. He is murdered by head warlock, Kathy Bates and Michael.

Michael easily passes 7 wonders and rescues Misty from hell for Cordelia.

We find out Cordelia already has suspicions about Michael, she just wanted to see how powerful he was and get Misty back.

Cordelia sends Madison to Murder House to investigate Michael's backstory.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2018 10:33 PM

Also to join in on the best season talk from the end of the last thread, "Asylum" is the best for me. And among the core fanbase of the show "Asylum" is most favored season, it generally tops those polls. Coven is the pop culture favorite, definitely the shows "biggest" season.

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2018 10:36 PM

Coven had the nicest set though. I loved that house.

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2018 10:53 PM

What was the point of having Stevie Nicks show up to sing? And what is the deal with her and Misty?

by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2018 11:55 PM

If you didn't see "Coven" you wouldn't know. Nicks is a "white witch" who Misty was obsessed with.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Plus she had an even more embarrassing cameo in Coven where she croaked out "7 Wonders" while the Coven girls were preparing to do their test.

by Anonymousreply 8October 12, 2018 12:01 AM

The Stevie Nicks embarrassment was the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've watched AHS from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 9October 12, 2018 12:02 AM

My ranking:

1. Season one, which wasn’t called murder house when it aired. It was mysterious and playful and creepy and stylish.

2. Asylum. Genuinely disturbing. The nutso, meandering plot annoyed me though.

3. This one because I don’t hate it.

4. Coven because it was good until the witches started dying but not being dead, which ruined it.

5. Roanoke—watched a few episodes and it didn’t hold my interest.

6. Freak show—too much gross-out shit. Stopped watching halfway through the season.

7. Cult—Paulson’s screaming made me turn off the first episode. Annoying, not scary at all.

8. Hotel—Turned off the first episode during an unscary but sickening rape scene.

9, 10, 11, 12–were there others? I think I tried every season and all after coven were unwatchable.

Horror as a genre rarely scares me. And I don’t like any stories without good...stories. The title of the series is misleading. American? OK. Horror? Rarely. Story? Hardly ever.

by Anonymousreply 10October 12, 2018 12:06 AM

[quote]American? OK. Horror? Rarely. Story? Hardly ever.

Okay, I chuckled you bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11October 12, 2018 12:08 AM

The real question, will the show somehow contrive Dylan McDermott to be naked in his appearance next Wednesday?

It would be silly, but appropriate since he spent half of Murder House naked. It is one of the calling cards of that season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 12, 2018 12:24 AM

I actually like this season.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 12:32 AM

[quote] Can someone please clearly explain what was presented this week in episode 5?

Sarah Poulson had a vision of the coven school in New Orleans after the atomic blast. Everyone was dead, and she was being eaten alive by zombies while a mysterious figure watched.

Then she wakes up. It's still a few months before the nuclear war. Emma Roberts' bitchy character has been brought back from the dead by MIchael Langdon, and Poulson is so impressed she tells the warlocks she is ready to give Langdon the new test of the Seven Wonders to see if he really is the new Supreme. She reveals to Frances Conroy her powers are fading and that her body is weirdly turning into a metallic crystalline substance.

Cheyenne Jackson is furious Michael Langdon is being given this chance. He has a big fight with Billy Porter and rushes off to check on something about Michael he hopes to find out of town. At the gas station he is killed by Kathy Bates, who first gains his confidence and then ambushes him, cutting his throat and then dousing him with gasoline and setting him on fire. We find she is in cahoots with the head Filipino warlock, who was not going to let Jackson blow their coven's chance to have the first male Supreme. We also find out Michael put Kathy Bates up to this murder.

Michael passes the Seven Wonders with flying colors. For his last test he must go to hell and bring back Lily Rabe, who was last seen forced to spend eternity dissecting frigs in her high school science class (which she hated to do more than anything). Mchael goes to hell and instead dissects Lily's science teacher, and brings her back to Earth, reconstituting her body from dust. Michael is tagged to be the next Supreme.

Sarah Poulson explains to the other witches she has no intention of letting Michael become the next Supreme; she only gave him the test to find the extent of his powers, which are incredible. Misty says she wishes she had not been brought back from hell because Michael is pure evil. For no clear reason, Stevie Nicks is brought in by Poulson to croak out a song of inspiration to Lily Rabe. She proceeds to bore the entire viewing audience blind for several minutes by doing so., even though she does look great for her advanced age

Poulson has a new plan to combat Michael. Emma Roberts must go to Los Angeles to find out the place where he is from: the Murder House from season One. Emma Roberts asks Poulson if she is afraid Roberts's real sympathies are with Michael since he brought her back from hell, but Poulson responds Roberts' only loyalty is ever with Roberts herself. Billy Porter will go with her to Los Angeles.

Gabourey Sidibe is in many scenes involving the witches, for no clear reason--she has practically no lines. Cody Fern continues to look pretty as Michael but to impress no one with his acting. We also find out Coco the bitchy rich girl from the first three episodes this season had been a student at the New Orleans coven school before the atomic explosion because she has the mysterious magic ability to tell if a food contains gluten, which she downplays but which Poulson says is important because it means she can sense danger.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2018 12:39 AM

R14, thank you for explaining. The back and forth time shifts are what I find confusing this season.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2018 1:07 AM

The Witches showed up to confront Michael on Halloween after the "apocalypse", everything since that moment is a flashblack explaining how we get to that point. Eventually we will return to that scene.

C'mon man, this is AHS, not Ulysses. It's not that dense.

by Anonymousreply 16October 12, 2018 1:12 AM

If I'm correct, there has been exactly 1 time shift this season. From Halloween night to 3 months before the blast.

by Anonymousreply 17October 12, 2018 1:16 AM

I think this stuff with a young Michael meeting the Witches/Warlocks has to be more than 3 months before the blast, but I wasn't paying attention if there was anything that gave it a firm date.

by Anonymousreply 18October 12, 2018 1:20 AM

I'm guessing Michael killed Constance at Murder House, that's why she'll be 'stuck' there. They have to bring Vivien and whathisname into the picture, since they're also guesting. The set up might be Michael going to Murder House to visit his 'parents' or something. At any rate, it's fun to speculate. I'm always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 19October 12, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote]Gabourey Sidibe is in many scenes involving the witches, for no clear reason--she has practically no lines.

If she wasn't there R14, then people would be wondering where the hell she was. It's not like they could say she was in the bathroom all episode.

She's also still currently on another TV series, "Empire" on Fox. Based upon Ryan Murphy's and her own Instagram she's popping back and forth between both sets working on both shows. So they probably will give her little to do and have her disappear at some point for a while.

[quote] The set up might be Michael going to Murder House to visit his 'parents' or something. At any rate, it's fun to speculate. I'm always wrong.

Constance warned Dr. Harmon that Michael must never return to Murder House back in their season after he was born. Madison and Billy Porter are going there next episode.

I wonder if at some point this "warning" will come into play, especially since the other side of Michael's "soul" is still in the house as Vivian's baby who died.

by Anonymousreply 20October 12, 2018 3:20 AM

I’ll just wait til next year. American Horror Story: Grand Maul Seizure

by Anonymousreply 21October 12, 2018 3:56 AM

I don't know why,but I like Michael's silent giggle during the 7 Wonders montage. And I like the relationship between Michael and Kathy Bates' character.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2018 3:40 PM

I like when Madison said, "You know I'm not the hugging type, right?" and Cordelia responded, "Tough shit!" Madison had this cute little smile on her face.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2018 4:42 PM

I guess I am the only one who liked Cody's performance. Apparently I know nothing about acting.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2018 4:54 PM

I like his performance, too r24

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2018 5:01 PM

This may be a stupid question but when Madison and the other guy meet Billie Dean, wouldn't they be like 'Are you Cordelia's twin sister?' . That's why I think it is stupid to connect the storylines from different seasons, each one should be in a totally different world. Not to mention the different forms of magic and beliefs from different cultures could not exist and be real in the same universe.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2018 6:42 PM

R26, it's a good question because it so rarely happens.

We know from Hotel they don't look alike to them in the same universe.

Queenie from AHS: Coven was on AHS: Hotel and ran into Iris, Ramona, March and Liz Taylor but she didn't think they looked like Delphine, Marie, Kyle or Spaulding.

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2018 6:47 PM

Especially Cordelia and Billie Dean since the only difference between them is hair length and maybe a slight shade difference in hair color.

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2018 6:51 PM

Will Constance be a ghost next week?

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2018 6:56 PM

Myrtle: Time and time again history has shown the hubris of men knows no bounds. Have we learned nothing from Attila the Hun, Herod the Great, MARK ZUCKERBERG?

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2018 7:14 PM

I'd rather that they'd send Taissa Fermiga back to murder house instead of Emma Roberts but I guess that Taissa has to play Violet and couldn't do double duty. Emma's bitchy girl act (I realize that it's consistent with her character) has gotten boring.

by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2018 7:20 PM

It had to be Emma Roberts, because all the other witches are either played by actresses who've been in Murder House (Lily Rabe, for example) or cannot be seen by Michael (Billie Lourd, Leslie Grossmann) or else he would've recognized them right away when he arrived at the bunker.

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2018 8:04 PM

That's certainly one thing they continue to do R32.

They killed Ms. Meade right before Cordelia arrived and if Billie Dean is coming back next episode Cordelia can't be in the same location as her or else

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2018 8:22 PM

r33....It was Ms. Veneble, not Ms. Meade. Ms. Meade is the android.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2018 8:45 PM

R34 …… oh I'm so fucking sorry I can't keep track of 900 fucking characters in multiple seasons played by the same actors over and over again

by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2018 8:55 PM

The scene described by R30 made me truly laugh out loud. I love that character and how Frances Conroy plays her. That line was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2018 8:58 PM

I didn't watch Coven so a lot of this makes no sense, it keeps jumping around so.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote]Are you really asking why Cheyenne would come back [R566]? He is happy to do whatever Murphy wants, this is by far the biggest thing going in his career.

He's a working actor, why would you think he could just turn down work at a whim?

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2018 9:28 PM

Some of us actually enjoyed Stevie. And she wasn't there for nothing, she was there to comfort Misty who just got out of Hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 12, 2018 9:32 PM

“How come Billie Dean and Cordelia have the same baby lisp?”

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2018 12:39 AM

Gabourey Sidibe is there to show off her weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2018 12:45 AM

Shes still overweight but it's great that Sidibe lost the weight that she has. I'm sure her health has improved.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2018 1:14 AM

Yeah hopefully she keeps it off. It's progress that she is "normal" fat now, instead absurdly fat.

by Anonymousreply 43October 13, 2018 1:18 AM

Whatever happened to Patti LuPone's hot son, Luke, from Coven?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 13, 2018 2:07 AM

Pati smothered him with a pillow in the hospital, so he wouldn't snitch on her for killing his father.

by Anonymousreply 45October 13, 2018 2:18 PM

As if Patti could ever give birth to a hot and sexy son.

by Anonymousreply 46October 13, 2018 2:31 PM

I'm rooting for Team Michael. These witches all ended up in hell and derive their power from the dark side. It is about time that gay warlocks Trump cunty women.

Yes that Nick's cameo was so corny. I'm surprised that Murphy hasn't asked NeNe to make a cameo yet....

by Anonymousreply 47October 13, 2018 2:51 PM

I just can't get past how bad/campy it is. They're throwing so much shit into it, forcing everything. Stevie Nicks showing up and singing made me want to bury my head in the sofa, it was so bad and beneath her, so painfully cheesy. Not even campy in a funny way.

Is this the final season? Are they attempting to be campy and just missing it? The queen playing the supreme warlock may have been good on the Versace series, but he's absurd here. Even every scene Kathy Bates is in is cringe-worthy.

What am I missing? I usually love it. Is it me just not getting it?

by Anonymousreply 48October 13, 2018 3:21 PM

35 has stated his boundaries

by Anonymousreply 49October 13, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]It is about time that gay warlocks Trump cunty women.

You're soooooooooooo gay.

by Anonymousreply 50October 13, 2018 4:29 PM

Gabourey Sidibe always looks so greasy

by Anonymousreply 51October 13, 2018 4:39 PM

A fan theory suggests Constance is a witch with limited powers. She had the ability to see things, and apparently mentioned at the end of S1 that she's related to the DeLongpre family. There's also the question of why none of the ghosts in Murder House never touched her, especially when some would have wanted to take revenge on her (ex husband, Moria). Everyone else who owned the house was murdered. The question, though, is why she couldn't use her visions or powers to save Tate or Addie.

by Anonymousreply 52October 13, 2018 5:23 PM

Also, the fact that she can see and interact with the ghosts in the house.

by Anonymousreply 53October 13, 2018 5:24 PM

Stevie's AHS performance of "Gypsy" is incredible!!!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 54October 13, 2018 5:35 PM

Wait, R47-I thought Nene is playing the warlock that goes to Murder House with Madison-am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 55October 13, 2018 5:48 PM

Yeah, I don't mind Cody's acting. I don't think it's the worst I've ever seen on this show - surely, it's better than Gaga's, and she won a bloody award.

by Anonymousreply 56October 13, 2018 6:53 PM

The worst thing about this season is that you seem to need an encyclopaedic knowledge of previous seasons to have a clue what's going on. Just a teeny bit of exposition wouldn't go amiss.

by Anonymousreply 57October 13, 2018 7:28 PM

Good point.

by Anonymousreply 58October 13, 2018 9:17 PM

Evan is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 59October 13, 2018 9:47 PM

American Horror Story: Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 60October 13, 2018 9:50 PM

R52 Very good theory. I always felt she was psychic and before Lange requested that Sarah Paulson be written a part in season 1, I always imagined Billie Dean Howard having been developed from/given some of Constance's scenes/psychic ability.

by Anonymousreply 61October 13, 2018 11:57 PM

I loved this week's episode. My favorite in a long while.

by Anonymousreply 62October 14, 2018 12:18 AM

r52..."perceiving things" is not the same as seeing into the future.

by Anonymousreply 63October 14, 2018 1:16 AM

[quote]different forms of magic and beliefs from different cultures could not exist and be real in the same universe.

Why not? Don't Voodoo, charismatic Christianity, and Taoism all exist together on one planet?

by Anonymousreply 64October 14, 2018 1:47 AM

R63 - 'limited' powers. Online fans were giving examples - one was when she mentioned to Ben something about digging up the yard, building a gazebo and him and Vivien having coffee on it. She either had a vision, or maybe placed the idea in his head. Same with when Ben was sleepwalking and who was there - Constance. She may have had a vision of what was going to happen, or maybe was casting some spell. It might be nothing - again - just a bunch of fan theories - nothing to get uptight about. I guess we'll see this Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 65October 14, 2018 2:18 AM

I totally believe that r52....I was just stating that maybe her powers are limited to just perceiving supernatural entities and thats it. The other possibility is that Michael killed her in the house and shes trapped there also....I think shes just visiting the house and the occupants like she always does.

by Anonymousreply 66October 14, 2018 2:23 AM

Does anyone know Cody Fern is gay or bi?

by Anonymousreply 67October 14, 2018 7:04 AM

On the show I think he is whatever works for his character r67 In "real life" I'm 99.99 percent sure he is gay. But what does it really matter?

by Anonymousreply 68October 14, 2018 9:04 AM

Cody's not gay, but his boyfriend sure is.

by Anonymousreply 69October 14, 2018 9:08 AM

Still can't believe Cody is a top.. His boyfriend is a TOTAL bottom, he probably masturbates by shoving things up his butt

by Anonymousreply 70October 14, 2018 9:55 AM

If Constance was able to see in the future she wouldn't have had the mongoloid.

by Anonymousreply 71October 14, 2018 10:03 AM

When Cordelia stated that she had all her girls back, I thought about Nan. Though Papa Legba took her to a place with others like her, Cordelia never considered her one of her girls.

by Anonymousreply 72October 14, 2018 12:27 PM

Nan was never accepted because of her disability.

by Anonymousreply 73October 14, 2018 12:37 PM

Oh dear. R67 is new here.

by Anonymousreply 74October 14, 2018 12:42 PM

Every new male actor on this show performs The Seven Wonders. The ceremony is always being held at Ryan Murphy's house.

by Anonymousreply 75October 14, 2018 12:58 PM

Who is "Nan"...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 14, 2018 2:22 PM

I wonder if Cody’s hole is as hairy as his brother’s is. I think I found his bf’s Grindr profile. Says he’s a top. Would explain things.

by Anonymousreply 77October 14, 2018 2:37 PM

r77

show us

by Anonymousreply 78October 14, 2018 2:47 PM

Who is Cody's brother? Can't find his name anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 79October 14, 2018 3:26 PM

What the fuck? Who is Cody's brother? Show us his pics, his grindr, his social media and his hairy hole. ASAP!

by Anonymousreply 80October 14, 2018 3:45 PM

He was talked about a lot in the Versace threads. I don't have the links offhand.

by Anonymousreply 81October 14, 2018 3:46 PM

Why is Precious there when she was killed at the hotel?

by Anonymousreply 82October 14, 2018 5:34 PM

Why is r82 confused about something that was very clearly depicted in the show?

by Anonymousreply 83October 14, 2018 5:36 PM

The biggest logic error for me in the last episode was the big deal they made about changing up the 7th Wonder where Michael was asked to go to hell and retrieve Misty. Um, he just did it with Emma Roberts' character, idiots... He could have just shown the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 84October 14, 2018 5:38 PM

R83, I think he just wanted to refer to her as “Precious” for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 85October 14, 2018 5:39 PM

Well Madison died normally r84, Misty died as part of the Descensum test. They said during Coven if you die during descensum you can't be resurrected, which is why Misty wasn't brought like so many other characters were that season.

by Anonymousreply 86October 14, 2018 5:45 PM

Thanks [r86]. I missed that.

by Anonymousreply 87October 14, 2018 6:21 PM

But we didn't see Michael's hell (biggest fear) which he had to overcome first before he was able to rescue Misty, right?

by Anonymousreply 88October 14, 2018 6:28 PM

True, we never saw Michael overcoming his hell. Though would he even be given a hell? I mean his "father" is Satan.

by Anonymousreply 89October 14, 2018 6:33 PM

I thought show was portraying that Michael just went down there and found Misty in hers. He's the antichrist so hell would be welcoming to him.

by Anonymousreply 90October 14, 2018 6:37 PM

He didn't have to overcome his personal hell. Cordelia said to him :"I'm not asking you to perform, I'm asking you to conquer it."

by Anonymousreply 91October 14, 2018 7:02 PM

Cody’s Brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2018 7:15 PM

For real r92? Ew!

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2018 8:38 PM

Mmmm... I would toss his salad.

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2018 8:52 PM

There are so many characters here and I miss watching the other series. Who is Constance? I don't mind this season. I like Cody Fern's acting and he is perfect for this role as his eyes are a very striking, like headlights.

It's funny how all the men in the future are gay except for that one young guy. How are they supposed to procreate? It takes more than one fuck to make a woman pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2018 9:03 PM

Constance was Jessica Lange's character from Murder House.

This season was promoted as a crossover between Coven and Murder House. If you never saw the past seasons you knew you wouldn't understand everything that is going on.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2018 9:07 PM

They kind of dropped the two kids who were supposed to procreate storyline. Fine by me as both of them were total duds with zero chemistry. Didn't they get killed off?

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2018 9:09 PM

Yeah they are dead r97, everyone was poisoned. They might get revived at some point, who knows, right now we are still in flashback time.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2018 9:12 PM

The episode this week is 55 minutes without commercials, about 15 minutes longer than their normal episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2018 9:18 PM

Hope they bring back this JGL/Josh Harnett looking hottie. And somehoe make him fuck Evan Peters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2018 9:20 PM

I never saw both Coven and Murder House but i'm still able to follow the storyline so far. i guess its because i got convinced but most that the writers are just making story as they go along. lol.

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2018 10:12 PM

I rewatched Coven recently and Madison's hell was described differently. I forget what it was, but she wasn't a retail clerk. But Queenie's hell was the same. Why would they change one and keep the other?

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2018 10:30 PM

Madison died twice. Was her hell the same both times? And if she had already been to hell and back, wouldn't she change her ways to avoid going back?

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2018 10:43 PM

That was Madison's personal hell when she performed Descensum during The Seven Wonders. Her actual hell after death is different.

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote]I rewatched Coven recently and Madison's hell was described differently. I forget what it was, but she wasn't a retail clerk.

R102, The first time Madison died she went to a cold, dark, place. She didn't go to hell. It's the same place Kyle went when he died. No one knows what that is but Donovan, in his season, died outside of the hotel and his spirit told his mother that he was in a happy place. Wherever he went is not the same place they went but none of them went to hell.

The second time she "died" during the Seven Wonders she went to her own personal hell during Descensum. She did that under her own power. That hell just repeats over and over again.

The third time she died "naturally" (not under her own power) and went to another kind of hell.

[quote]But Queenie's hell was the same. Why would they change one and keep the other?

The first time Queenie died was after fucking the Minotaur. She didn't mention going to hell. Fiona used Vitalum Vitalis and brought her back.

The second time Queenie died when she was shot by the witch hunters and she didn't go to hell. She used Resurgence and brought herself back.

The third time Queenie died it was because she used Descensum , she did it on purpose to talk to Papa Legba but came back to her body. That was her personal hell.

Then fourth time Queenie used Descensum was during the Seven Wonders and again visited her personal hell but got out rather quickly because she'd done it before.

Then the fifth time Queenie died, she did it in the Cortez so her spirit just stayed there.

[italic]The difference seems to be that if you die naturally, you can possibly go to a good place, go to hell (which doesn't seem to repeat) or not go anywhere. If you use Descensum, you'll always go to your own personal hell no matter what kind of person you are because the purpose of your spell is to send yourself there. Regular hell doesn't seem to do that.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2018 11:46 PM

Thank you so much to those who takes the time to explain things for those of us who missed Coven. Otherwise I know I would be utterly lost. But now I can actually understand and enjoy this season.

by Anonymousreply 106October 15, 2018 12:01 AM

R84.. In Coven, when Madison killed Misty by putting her in a coffin and then having her sealed in the crypt, Queenie was able to bring her back using Vitalum Vitalis. But later... when doing the Seven Wonders, Queenie was disqualified because she couldn't bring Zoe back. It makes no sense to me either, but at least Ryan Murphy and company are being consistent in whatever rules there are.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2018 12:27 AM

R83 R85 because I haven’t watched it yet, dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2018 2:17 AM

So reading a thread on AHS makes total sense, R108.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2018 2:20 AM

THANK YOU R109 ! Fucking hell r108 who is the dumbass here?

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2018 3:00 AM

[quote]But later... when doing the Seven Wonders, Queenie was disqualified because she couldn't bring Zoe back. It makes no sense to me either, but at least Ryan Murphy and company are being consistent in whatever rules there are.

R107, they did explain it in the show.

During times of crisis a witch's powers can spike or they could suddenly demonstrate other witch powers. During the season they all randomly gained powers outside of their normal powerset as the season went on and things got crazier.

That's why Queenie could bring Misty back earlier but couldn't bring Zoe back later on or why Cordelia couldn't heal her eyes when she was blinded earlier but could at the end of the season when she had to step up and become Supreme.

The Seven Wonders was about showing who could do it on the spot. So it didn't matter if the witches could do something before, they had to be able to do it during the test.

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2018 4:42 AM

[quote]'American Horror Story’ Star Cheyenne Jackson on Jessica Lange’s Return: ‘She’s the Queen’

[quote]Get ready for Jessica Lange‘s return to “American Horror Story.”

[quote]“Next week Jessica Lange comes back, and that was very exciting for all of us. People that weren’t even in the scenes were just dropping by and watching the master at work,” “AHS” actor Cheyenne Jackson told Variety at Saturday’s Point Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. “She’s the queen.”

Damn, Jessica Lange is still considered the Queen of AHS nearly four years after her departure. Her powah! This episode might just end up garnering the show it's highest ratings since her exit.

Hopefully, they've done right by Constance Langdon (and Fiona Goode) or it won't be a pretty look come Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 15, 2018 5:05 AM

R110 Its a ridiculous fucking show and the witch season was unwatchable. I couldn’t imagine seriously talking about it like you pumpkin spice latte queens are. You should just answer the fucking question as to why gabby fatass isn’t a spirit at the hotel. I did watch that one. What else you need to say. Little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 113October 15, 2018 5:18 AM

Hotel and Roanoake are good. Cult sucked. Any man that liked Coven season is a total flame. Total. It was ALL fish.

by Anonymousreply 114October 15, 2018 5:19 AM

Dying from fucking a Minotaur is pretty fucking funny, though.

by Anonymousreply 115October 15, 2018 5:21 AM

Coven will always be the best season. It was LIT.

by Anonymousreply 116October 15, 2018 5:33 AM

This sounds too complicated, like Ryan Murphy makes up these "rules" as he goes along. I never got into AHS, I'm only watching Apocalypse because I'm bored and Cody Fern is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 117October 15, 2018 5:44 AM

R117 He makes the rules every fucking season, none of i makes any real sense and plot holes are huge, but more trouble is you wanting to fuck Fern Gully, that slut has zero talent for acting but obviously can suck a mean dick

by Anonymousreply 118October 15, 2018 5:47 AM

How long has Fern been away from Australia? His accent isn't very strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 15, 2018 5:54 AM

Such nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 120October 15, 2018 7:43 AM

[quote]The second time Queenie died when she was shot by the witch hunters and she didn't go to hell. She used Resurgence and brought herself back.

I thought she blew her brains out to kill the witch hunter and being the human voodoo she is, she just healed right up instantaneously after it was done.

by Anonymousreply 121October 15, 2018 7:59 AM

[quote]I thought she blew her brains out to kill the witch hunter and being the human voodoo she is, she just healed right up instantaneously after it was done.

Her power only works if she's focusing on who she wants to hurt first. She got shot before that by Hank when she wasn't focusing on him. So he didn't take that damage, she did.

She then figured, what the hell, focused on Hank as a last ditch attempt to stop him and blew her own brains out. It worked. That would have healed, the wound wouldn't have.

The next time we see her she's healed and pissed at Marie because she left her body there. Marie responds that she thought she was dead so she split.

That spawned this GIF which was everywhere that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 15, 2018 9:52 AM

Season finale is being filmed at the moment. They'll be done with the filming by the end of the last week.

by Anonymousreply 123October 15, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote] How long has Fern been away from Australia? His accent isn't very strong.

You must be hearing impaired.

by Anonymousreply 124October 15, 2018 4:03 PM

You all know the reason Stevie Nicks keeps coming back is because Misty is the baby she aborted after Don Henley got her pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 125October 15, 2018 4:45 PM

Only 10 episodes r123, weird to think we are halfway done with the season.

by Anonymousreply 126October 15, 2018 11:34 PM

I've seen Jessica's dailies online last month. Her speech is going to blow your heads off!

by Anonymousreply 127October 16, 2018 3:40 PM

Sure r127, I’ll play along... because if it’s as amazing as everything else scripted this season... lmao.

by Anonymousreply 128October 16, 2018 3:43 PM

You saw them online r127, but somehow nobody else has ?

by Anonymousreply 129October 16, 2018 3:44 PM

To close out a question upthread, Nan was one of the witches in Coven... and in her powers hardly disabled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 16, 2018 4:23 PM

Is this going to be another fake feminism/gender inequality season like Cult?

by Anonymousreply 131October 16, 2018 5:19 PM

Still annoyed Nan wasn't brought back. She was pretty powerful. She could read minds which could've been a huge advantage for the Witches if she was revived. She had other powers too. She made Patti Lupone kill herself by drinking bleach.

by Anonymousreply 132October 16, 2018 5:36 PM

Someone for reasons I don't know started a whole nother thread about this, but Jessica Lange was spotted filming today. So it seems she will appear in the finale as well.

by Anonymousreply 133October 17, 2018 12:18 AM

R133 because It's the most important thing about this shitshow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134October 17, 2018 12:20 AM

It is inevitable there has to be time travel to fix the Apocalypse from happening, probably prevent Michael from ever being born. Considering "it is all connected" it is the only way the universe works.

I'm guessing her scene in the finale is connected to that.

by Anonymousreply 135October 17, 2018 12:24 AM

She should have come back as Fionna in the finale.....That would have been perfect.

by Anonymousreply 136October 17, 2018 12:51 AM

R136 Yeah, but instead they'll probably throw in a 10 Sarah Paulson character because, you know, the world is screaming for more of that.

by Anonymousreply 137October 17, 2018 1:05 AM

I know it’s not the current season, but I’ve been watching episodes of “Coven” and “Asylum,” and Lily Rabe really is the most underrated of the AHS stable. I like Sarah Paulson more than most, but Rabe could have done wonders with some of her lead roles.

(And because of DL, I will always think of how we made her name into a verb in “Asylum.”)

by Anonymousreply 138October 17, 2018 3:13 AM

I also am a Lily Rabe fan. She's who I remember most often from the Asylum season.

by Anonymousreply 139October 17, 2018 3:25 AM

Asylum also had James Cromwell and Joseph Fiennes, neither one ever returned after that season.

It was a stacked cast.

by Anonymousreply 140October 17, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote]Still annoyed Nan wasn't brought back. She was pretty powerful. She could read minds which could've been a huge advantage for the Witches if she was revived. She had other powers too. She made Patti Lupone kill herself by drinking bleach.

It makes sense that she wasn't brought back even beyond the idea that she could read Michael's mind would have meant he could have never gotten that close to the witches in the first place.

Besides the fact that she is in a happy place because she was "mostly" innocent, Michael probably couldn't go toe-to-toe with Papa Legba to get her.

Finally, her last words before leaving the series were clear so it's unlikely she'd even want to come back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 17, 2018 3:41 AM

I don’t think James Cromwell liked working on the show, and Fiennes had a nothing role (and I think he was first billed!) so it’s no surprise he didn’t return either.

R141, Jamie Brewer is coming back this season. I assume it’s as Nan, but I do know Brewer has filmed for the show.

by Anonymousreply 142October 17, 2018 3:46 AM

James Cromwell won an Emmy for his role on AHS....Im sure hes gotten over it.

by Anonymousreply 143October 17, 2018 4:21 AM

What time tomorrow is the episode going to be available on FX+?

by Anonymousreply 144October 17, 2018 4:49 AM

I just want Jessica Lange to come back as Fiona Goode don’t give a shit about anything else really.

Does anyone think the Apocalypse storyline will derail this season? Those freak creatures from the blasts I bet will become centerpieces to the season. And the season will unravel into silliness. What the fuck was the point of Coco’s husband coming back and killing her.

by Anonymousreply 145October 17, 2018 4:59 AM

Rumor is, FX seriously wants Lange in lead next year. . Nothing worked out or solidified yet.

This and whatever other episode Lange appears in may not be available before it airs because of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 146October 17, 2018 9:05 AM

Episode 6 is reportedly up.

by Anonymousreply 147October 17, 2018 10:06 AM

[quote]What time tomorrow is the episode going to be available on FX+?

I believe episodes are released at 3am EST.

by Anonymousreply 148October 17, 2018 11:56 AM

This show needs more Billy Eichner

by Anonymousreply 149October 17, 2018 12:13 PM

omfg. Constance is everything.

by Anonymousreply 150October 17, 2018 12:31 PM

"I'm Constance Langdon and this is my fucking house."

by Anonymousreply 151October 17, 2018 12:34 PM

I ahted episode 6. Constance was the best thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 152October 17, 2018 1:44 PM

You ahted it?

by Anonymousreply 153October 17, 2018 1:46 PM

Queen is back to being STUNNING.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2018 2:06 PM

At least Moira got her happy ennding, she can rest. Violet and Tate got back together thanks to Madison. Constance is probably happy spending eternity with her kids.Billie Dean Howard is such a useless character. Cody was especially annoying in this one. Ugh. But Paulson did a wonderful job directing this episode, maybe that's her true calling.

by Anonymousreply 155October 17, 2018 2:54 PM

....yes, please spoil the damn episode for everyone r155. Ugh.

And Violet and Tate apparently reuniting is terrible fan service that ruins the whole point of their season 1 arc. It was all about turning the bad boy with a heart of gold cliche on its head, having Violet realize Tate is a terrible person and she deserves better. It was a good job by Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2018 3:00 PM

Oh cut the crap and get back to Evan Peters naked ass. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 157October 17, 2018 3:40 PM

Is Constance dead or alive ?

by Anonymousreply 158October 17, 2018 4:16 PM

She dead

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2018 4:52 PM

Constance killed herself in the house to get away from Michael Langdon.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2018 5:03 PM

Ryan Murphy Tweet today...

Ryan Murphy ‏Verified account @MrRPMurphy 4h4 hours ago

The entire cast of AMERICAN HORROR STORY will be tweeting along LIVE with tonight's RETURN TO MURDER HOUSE episode to support the directorial debut of the one and only Ms Sarah Paulson. Join us and support our Supreme! #AHSApocalypse

by Anonymousreply 161October 17, 2018 7:49 PM

I dropped out when this became Coven Redux.

Is it still that way or have all the bitchy witchies mercifully been exterminated?

by Anonymousreply 162October 17, 2018 8:02 PM

[quote]Jamie Brewer is coming back this season. I assume it’s as Nan, but I do know Brewer has filmed for the show.

R142, I heard that too a long time ago. Since we know they do return to Murder House at some point again in the future even after this episode - it could easily be as Addie (especially if there is time travel involved.) There is another reason why it might be her and not Nan but I don't want to spoil this week's episode.

[quote]It was all about turning the bad boy with a heart of gold cliche on its head, having Violet realize Tate is a terrible person and she deserves better. It was a good job by Murphy.

They explain that in this week's episode R156 or rather they ... you'll just have to watch the episode.

by Anonymousreply 163October 17, 2018 8:13 PM

Does Dylan get naked?

Is Constance a witch?

Is Madison related to Charles and Nora? I'm assuming no Infantata since the actor is dead.

by Anonymousreply 164October 17, 2018 8:52 PM

Addie died OFF the property....so she cant be a ghost. Remember, Constance tried to drag her onto the property so she would still be there, but she died before they got there.

by Anonymousreply 165October 17, 2018 8:57 PM

Not to mention Billie Dean channeled Addie and thanked her for not getting her back on the property to make her a ghost since she was terrified of Tate now, that in death, she knew the truth.

by Anonymousreply 166October 17, 2018 9:13 PM

They will have to destroy the house at the end of this episode or at least the end of the season, right? I want to see Emma Roberts get thrown through a wall.

by Anonymousreply 167October 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Constance is BACK!

by Anonymousreply 168October 18, 2018 1:41 AM

[quote]Addie died OFF the property....so she cant be a ghost.

Why would she be a ghost if the episode took place before she died since the show is about stopping the Anti-Christ, her nephew?

We know that wasn't Jessica's only episode.

It's just telling they pretend as if Nan didn't exist but Addie caught a very specific mention explaining who she was.

by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Dousing all the AHS queens emphatically shrieking Lange would *ONLY* be in one ep as if they knew it for a fact with copious gasoline. Burn, Balenciaga, burn!

by Anonymousreply 170October 18, 2018 1:50 AM

Huh r170? People were just passing on what was said.

by Anonymousreply 171October 18, 2018 1:52 AM

Nobody *BUT* the AHS queens were saying Lange would only be in one ep. Paulson merely said Lange's first appearance was in Episode Six and they ran for a touchdown and decried that she would absolutely not be in any more every time anyone else posited that perhaps she would be doing more than that. Read the first two threads, R171. Either way, huzzah! The baddest witch is back.

by Anonymousreply 172October 18, 2018 1:55 AM

Fiona is back???

by Anonymousreply 173October 18, 2018 1:57 AM

Tearjerker

Oof

by Anonymousreply 174October 18, 2018 2:14 AM

"I'm going upstairs and masterbate like I do every fucking night". Snap!

by Anonymousreply 175October 18, 2018 2:18 AM

[quot]Fiona is back???

As far as we know, Jessica Lange has only filmed as Constance. But who knows, there could be a surprise in the season.

by Anonymousreply 176October 18, 2018 2:21 AM

YEAH!

by Anonymousreply 177October 18, 2018 2:21 AM

[quote]"I'm going upstairs and masterbate like I do every fucking night". Snap!

Bringing back Dylan McDermott masturbate-crying from the pilot of this series. It was a thing he did once, not an addiction, but I don't mind the fanservice in that case.

by Anonymousreply 178October 18, 2018 2:23 AM

I can't even enjoy hate watching it anymore. This show is just garbage.

by Anonymousreply 179October 18, 2018 2:24 AM

It's glorious watching real pros.

by Anonymousreply 180October 18, 2018 2:25 AM

Yet you will still be here every episode, for every season to come r179.

by Anonymousreply 181October 18, 2018 2:26 AM

Paulson's doing a great job directing

by Anonymousreply 182October 18, 2018 2:29 AM

So how did the Supreme blood get in McDermott's and his wife baby? Was it an immaculate conception?

by Anonymousreply 183October 18, 2018 2:45 AM

It was Tate, not McDermott, and Connie Nielsen who conceived Michael r183. And Tate was dead and it should have been impossible for him to have a kid. Thus the "miracle" of Michael's birth, rather than an immaculate conception he was born from death.

And he is not actually a witch, he just has devil power, surely you have picked up on this.

by Anonymousreply 184October 18, 2018 2:50 AM

So, as none of the uber fans have been coming here to jism, safe to assume the episode was OK, but not earth shattering?

by Anonymousreply 185October 18, 2018 2:52 AM

I watched it earlier r185, it is a perfectly nice ep. It was of course great to see Jessica Lange and one moment in particular she reminds you why she is an acting legend, but the episode as a whole was nothing amazing to me. And Constance features less than you might think.

by Anonymousreply 186October 18, 2018 2:57 AM

R186 No, i presumed she would be in it fuck all.

by Anonymousreply 187October 18, 2018 2:59 AM

I will say I thought Cody Fern did his best work of the season in this ep. He seemed more comfortable digging in, probably since Michael was more of a three dimensional character when he was this young, rather than EVIL!!!11!

by Anonymousreply 188October 18, 2018 3:00 AM

The Harmons are still at each others throats?

by Anonymousreply 189October 18, 2018 3:00 AM

Pepper!

by Anonymousreply 190October 18, 2018 3:06 AM

You can see how fat Cody Fern is in that suit. Boy needs to hit a gym. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 191October 18, 2018 3:10 AM

And when is the last time you were as "fat" as Cody Fern? 1996?

by Anonymousreply 192October 18, 2018 3:14 AM

Did Sarah Paulson make these awful music choices?

by Anonymousreply 193October 18, 2018 3:15 AM

Loved the episode. Enjoy the interaction between Emma Roberts and Billy Porter and how they played therapists to the ghosts. Also loved the return of Jessica Lange. Hopefully the last 4 episodes are spectacular seeing as how we've spent the first 3 episodes with a mostly dummy cast, and the next 3 episodes doing an amazing, but very long flashback.

Naomi Grossman's character for some reason reminded me of a satanic Liza Minelli.

by Anonymousreply 194October 18, 2018 3:23 AM

Who did Grossman play?

by Anonymousreply 195October 18, 2018 3:24 AM

I'm so confused about the timeline.

by Anonymousreply 196October 18, 2018 3:26 AM

This episode was perfection! Finally, after all the shitty years since Freakshow.

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2018 3:29 AM

Constance's mysterious "4th" child was a son with albinism whose scenes were completely deleted from the 1st season and yet he's been ret-conned into an eyeless Jon-Benet Ramsey.

by Anonymousreply 198October 18, 2018 3:39 AM

It's not a retcon when that character was never actually in the show, we never met Constance's 4th child til this ep r198.

by Anonymousreply 199October 18, 2018 3:41 AM

I don't think that was Constance's fourth child - just a child who died in the house that she sort of 'adopted'.

by Anonymousreply 200October 18, 2018 3:45 AM

The two weakest moments in the episode were the Black Dahlia cameo and the Anton LaVey subplot. As it is, the show asks a lot of its viewers to keep up with all its in-series mythology, so bringing in the Murphified versions of those two real (deceased) people just seemed like clutter and better left to the likes of "American Crime Story." (The Dahlia storyline was handled better on "Murder House.")

Tonight, watching Michael cutting the Dahlia a smile, I thought: are we in a Batman movie now?

And anyway, LaVeyan Satanism doesn't venerate the devil, so including the whole "I am the Black Pope and I faked my death to usher the Antichrist" bit about the fictional LaVey just made it seem like the writer (Crystal Liu) was going for a quick, clever real-world connection. It pulled me out of an episode that was up to that point a nicely paced reunion with the "Murder House" revenants. Kathy Bates remains the best thing on the show. Who needs Anton LaVey when you have a Satanist Mater Magna cum android?

by Anonymousreply 201October 18, 2018 3:47 AM

This is without a doubt the best season of AHS ever. Ryan Murphy outdid himself with Apocalypse.

Sarah Brightman is getting the Emmy next year.

by Anonymousreply 202October 18, 2018 3:52 AM

I thought the most pointless cameo was Billie Dean r201.

by Anonymousreply 203October 18, 2018 3:53 AM

Forgot about that, r203. Couldn't they at least do something to differentiate the characters? Give Billie Dean a Myrtle wig or something?

by Anonymousreply 204October 18, 2018 3:58 AM

This is the second show about a haunted house I’ve watched this week - both ruined with a happy ending. 🤢

by Anonymousreply 205October 18, 2018 4:00 AM

The Tate/Violet reunion was incredibly forced and unnecessary r205.

How do you have the beautiful "I was born to be a mother" writing and that plotlines writing in the same episode. Oh AHS.

by Anonymousreply 206October 18, 2018 4:04 AM

[quote] This is without a doubt the best season of AHS ever. Ryan Murphy outdid himself with Apocalypse.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 207October 18, 2018 4:07 AM

The Tate/Violet ending was a gift to the fans...a lot of fraus hated that they were apart at the end of Murder House.

by Anonymousreply 208October 18, 2018 4:07 AM

I was surprised Lily Rabe did not reprise Nora Montgomery. She seemed like she should have been in this ep.

by Anonymousreply 209October 18, 2018 4:15 AM

Hmmmm....Papa Legba is back next week....possibly Nan coming back ?....or Fionna ?

by Anonymousreply 210October 18, 2018 4:21 AM

r209.....Good point....her husband the Dr wasnt in the episode either, although Billie Dean knew who Madison was and that said she knew several Montgomerys.

by Anonymousreply 211October 18, 2018 4:23 AM

[quote]Who did Grossman play

The dark, short-haired woman with Anton LaVey.

[quote]I'm so confused about the timeline.

We're still in flashbacks, pre- Apocalypse. The show has to get back to the timeline when Madison, et al woke up their "sisters".

by Anonymousreply 212October 18, 2018 4:58 AM

Did Constance utter any racist lingo?

by Anonymousreply 213October 18, 2018 5:07 AM

J proved TV can be a viable medium for actresses of a certain age with the mettle to make it work. Anticipating our Emmy wins next year. She is my favorite performer, after all (sorry G).

by Anonymousreply 214October 18, 2018 6:36 AM

The CGI in these episodes is embarrassing. It's like animated GIFs, or lulz...flash.

by Anonymousreply 215October 18, 2018 7:39 AM

[quote]The Tate/Violet reunion was incredibly forced and unnecessary

I agree but they did set up the reasoning well enough so that I guess it makes some sense.

I can believe that: Tate's not evil but was troubled, he's getting counseling and improving, he didn't father Michael & the "House" was making everything in it do bad things but stopped after the baby was born.

I can believe that Tate saving Vivian from complete destruction at the hands of Michael, thus leading Violet to talk to him after not doing so for years is possible.

I just don't get them making out at the end as if he wasn't a mass murderer before he died but I guess she deserved a chance to be happy in death because they're still stuck there?

[quote]Hmmmm....Papa Legba is back next week....possibly Nan coming back ?....or Fionna ?

The preview for next week had a tiny laugh at the end. It could be Nan, Fiona or no one we know at all. Then again it could be from 3 episodes from now or not in the episode at all. Who the hell knows anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 18, 2018 7:47 AM

im only there for cody and evan

the bitches are starting to wear my nerves...

by Anonymousreply 217October 18, 2018 8:23 AM

The 15-minute Jessica Lange monologue...Zzzzzz. I know people here want any excuse to put her on the show, and that qualifies as “any excuse.”

And what are we supposed to think when Paulson plays two roles, one as the queen of witches and one as a realtor, and both look and sound alike but characters supposedly see one as their boss and can’t even recognize the barest resemblance between the two?

Some of the shit on this show could be so easy to resolve by doing one thing: make it about the story and not about worship of your favorite actors. Good God.

by Anonymousreply 218October 18, 2018 9:10 AM

[quote]Hmmmm....Papa Legba is back next week....possibly Nan coming back ?....or Fionna ?

More like Cordelia selling her soul for immortality.

by Anonymousreply 219October 18, 2018 9:14 AM

Loved the pan across Fern’s sweaty ass lying on the bed. He looked ripe for plowing.

by Anonymousreply 220October 18, 2018 9:15 AM

That close-up on Connie Britton was a little Kellyanne Conwayish.

by Anonymousreply 221October 18, 2018 9:20 AM

The first episode of the season was “The End.” After that, all thr survivors died on Halloween night. Then came:

-Three witches (did they die during the course of the series?)

-Madison (from hell, dead)

-Gabourey (from hell hotel, dead)

-Warlocks, pre-apocalypse (alive?)

-Murder house people (all dead)

Seems like just about everyone is dead. Which makes sense given the apocalypse setting. Is the whole post-apocalypse scenario just a more expansive hell that will end with “The End” again? Is this all just leading up to explain how the nukes came to be—orchestrated by Michael Langdon or perhaps in an effort to exterminate him from Earth?

by Anonymousreply 222October 18, 2018 9:26 AM

Missed opportunity:

Madison bitchiness vs. Hayden cuntiness

by Anonymousreply 223October 18, 2018 9:26 AM

I thought the episode was great.

I wonder if Madison's little good deed in the end is going to have some kind of future benefit, or if it was just done to make the fans happy.

I wonder what the story is with Jamie (Nan / Adelaide) - maybe she couldn't come back for some reason. On other boards, she has a big fan base and people liked her characters. They brought everyone else back.

I wonder if these two are even going to make it back to Cordelia at all.

by Anonymousreply 224October 18, 2018 9:33 AM

Ok I don't know why I started 3 consecutive sentences with "I wonder" - i am up way too late.

by Anonymousreply 225October 18, 2018 9:34 AM

So the boring multi racial couple with the chemistry of a roach motel in the first couple of episodes ended up being worth nothing to the show? Good?

by Anonymousreply 226October 18, 2018 9:36 AM

Is this show supposed to be actually scary? The satanic cult people wearing black and red Halloween capes is just so silly. I think gay men are creative and great at a lot of things, but the team behind this show makes me feel like they’re just way too whimsical and fabulously flamboyant to make anything truly horrific. They do grotesque, violent, etc., but it never has any gravitas. Is that by design or is this the best they can do?

by Anonymousreply 227October 18, 2018 9:36 AM

Taissa Farmiga looks 35. It was uncomfortable watch her pretending to be 15 years old.

by Anonymousreply 228October 18, 2018 9:45 AM

R202 You are so right, that was amazing TV, it just changed the face of TV now it was so inventive.

And for direction, Sarah Polley is totally winning An Emmy, AMAZING DIRECTION

by Anonymousreply 229October 18, 2018 11:40 AM

[quote]The 15-minute Jessica Lange monologue...Zzzzzz.

The woman could read a menu and make it riveting. Isn't there a Kardashian marathon somewhere you might enjoy better?

by Anonymousreply 230October 18, 2018 11:42 AM

[quote]And what are we supposed to think when Paulson plays two roles, one as the queen of witches and one as a realtor, and both look and sound alike but characters supposedly see one as their boss and can’t even recognize the barest resemblance between the two?

You're supposed to suspend disbelief and pretend that they are two different people. It is done all the time in theater, and actors like Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, Mike Myers, etc., have all played multiple characters in a single movie. Use your imagination. Also, Billie Dean Howard is a psychic medium, not a realtor.

by Anonymousreply 231October 18, 2018 11:52 AM

R231 They could at least change her GD hair color or something to differentiate them.

by Anonymousreply 232October 18, 2018 11:55 AM

I hope they really fuck with everyone's mind and have Lana Winters cover the ELE.

by Anonymousreply 233October 18, 2018 11:58 AM

Evan Peters has been doing the best with playing multiple roles this season.

by Anonymousreply 234October 18, 2018 12:01 PM

R231 HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH you dumb cunt, like American Horror Story is vaguely comparable to 'Dr Strangelove' or 'Kind Hearts and Coronets'.

by Anonymousreply 235October 18, 2018 12:08 PM

"...actors like Peter Sellers, Alec Guinness, Mike Myers, etc."

A "one of these things is not like the others" phrase if I've ever seen one!

by Anonymousreply 236October 18, 2018 12:20 PM

To the point that historic figures should be relegated to American Crime Story, this show preceded it and the reason it was called *American* Horror Story in the first place is that the concept was to weave together real-life horrors from US history into a series. After season two, AHS abandoned the “horror” part, substituting it with fantasy or grotesque-but-not-scary imagery. After season three, AHS abandoned the “story” part, mostly just patching together gross-out and weird vignettes into long, incoherent messes. This season has the American and the story parts, so it’s better than its own average. The horrors for me mostly have fallen flat. They try way too hard for “clever” and it completely takes me out of ever being in the moment so that I can get frightened or disturbed. Instead I watch thinking, oh, another bitchy witch joke, oh another gay joke, oh, here comes a “clever twist” on a horror trope. Oh, look, a cameo.

I think there’s a reason most memorable horror movies star (at the time of the movies’ releases) mostly unknown actors. This show is one big calculation about how actors can be repurposed for their amusement and the amusement of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 237October 18, 2018 12:35 PM

Wow. People really can't tell the difference between Venable, Cordelia and Billie Dean Howard? I guess I must be some sort of genius!

by Anonymousreply 238October 18, 2018 12:59 PM

I know, R238. Billie Dean has messier blonde hair, while Cordelia has smoother blonde hair with a side flip.

by Anonymousreply 239October 18, 2018 1:01 PM

Dylan’s face looked sort of lumpy.

by Anonymousreply 240October 18, 2018 1:14 PM

Dylan McDermott is 56, he is no spring chicken. He still looks great for his age.

by Anonymousreply 241October 18, 2018 1:49 PM

[quote]Dylan McDermott is 56, he is no spring chicken. He still looks great for his age.

He looks better than fortysomething Cheyenne Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 242October 18, 2018 2:09 PM

The person who is so confused about the timeline (there has been literally one time jump from Halloween til a couple years beforehand when everyone was meeting Michael) should maybe stick to Real Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 243October 18, 2018 2:41 PM

R205 Was it The Haunting Of Hill House? If so, I agree, that ending was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 244October 18, 2018 4:16 PM

[quote] It was of course great to see Jessica Lange and one moment in particular she reminds you why she is an acting legend, but the episode as a whole was nothing amazing to me

[quote] The 15-minute Jessica Lange monologue...Zzzzzz

[quote] it seem like the writer (Crystal Liu) was going for a quick, clever real-world connection. It pulled me out of an episode that was up to that point a nicely paced reunion with the "Murder House" revenants

I think it all has to do with this writer. She really sucks, and she clearly doesn't know how to write for the likes of Jessica Lange. EVERYTHING felt so forced.

Given the amount of acting talent contained in this episode, and bringing back so many characters from season one, this episode could have been EPIC. Instead, it was underwhelming.

It was basically a re-tread of their characters from season one, and it brought nothing new to the table. Their characters should have evolved as "ghosts" trapped in a house, but instead it was Jessica drinking Crown Royal and whining about Michael. It was Dylan gratuitously jerking off, and Evan and Taissa still moping about the house.

It also seemed like she went for this dumb "redemption" storyline for the characters. All of a sudden, Tate is a "good guy," and Constance is a "loving mother." Neither of them were those things!

Constance was a mean, bitch! And Tate was a mass murderer. To blame it all on the house as an "evil portal" which influenced Tate's behavior, was insulting.

A GOOD writer would have wrote the hell out of Jessica and Connie Britton reprising their roles, but instead, this writer (Liu), made them boring as hell. Jessica's monologue in particular, put me to sleep. Literally.

I agree that it was so fun to see all the characters back, but the writer didn't do them justice.

by Anonymousreply 245October 18, 2018 6:01 PM

I'm enjoying this season, but in retrospect the first few episodes now seem particularly pointless.

by Anonymousreply 246October 18, 2018 7:44 PM

This season is a complete mess.

by Anonymousreply 247October 18, 2018 7:54 PM

I loved last night's episode just because Murder House is my favorite of the series. We'll see where it goes with this one. It's at least entertaining this season.

by Anonymousreply 248October 18, 2018 8:05 PM

I agree. Sara Gilbert was phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 249October 18, 2018 8:16 PM

For a dead woman/un-dead woman/ghost, Vivian has fabulous hair.

by Anonymousreply 250October 18, 2018 8:18 PM

Which one was she, R249? The whothefuckevenwasit eyeless girl?

by Anonymousreply 251October 18, 2018 8:23 PM

What the fuck is the point of this season???

by Anonymousreply 252October 18, 2018 8:37 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it might be about stopping the antichrist r252....

by Anonymousreply 253October 18, 2018 8:42 PM

Joan Collins, Papa Legba and Jamie Brewer alias Nan are appearing in the next episode ;)

by Anonymousreply 254October 18, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote]What the fuck is the point of this season???

Entertainment doesn't have to have a point, it just needs to be fabulous and last night episode certainly was.

by Anonymousreply 255October 18, 2018 10:42 PM

Can someone refresh my memory?

What happened to Constance's daughter Addie & why wasn't she why her like the other children?? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 256October 19, 2018 1:25 AM

Correction-

Why wasn't she with her like the other children?

by Anonymousreply 257October 19, 2018 1:27 AM

R256 Run over, died off site so did not become a ghost, and Tate scared her. The character, not his acting

by Anonymousreply 258October 19, 2018 1:27 AM

R179 Eat my shit, cunt.

I do like seeing discussions about it, I'm just getting fed up with trying to find any of it any good.

So go fuck yourself with a demon drill.

by Anonymousreply 259October 19, 2018 1:32 AM

R255 The typical American, and why we have Barnum as Prez.

by Anonymousreply 260October 19, 2018 1:33 AM

What struck me is how much older Connie, Dylan and Frances look since that first season.

by Anonymousreply 261October 19, 2018 2:36 AM

R262, the wacky wigs don’t help them look younger. Tate looked like a very very old teenager.

by Anonymousreply 262October 19, 2018 2:47 AM

Farmiga definitely looked the most like her 2011 self, but that might just be because her blankness lends her a certain ageless quality. They did the best they could to make Peters seem to not have aged, but I think his performance helped allow some suspension of disbelief. He still could project Tate’s adolescent nature, in contrast to Fern, who never pulled off the magical man-child thing they asked of him.

I don’t think the producers cared that much about making sure the “Murder House” actors looked close to their 2011 versions, possibly because it would have made for some uncomfortable conversations with the older stars.

by Anonymousreply 263October 19, 2018 3:25 AM

I hope they bring Angela Basset back to stir things up.

by Anonymousreply 264October 19, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]....Good point....her husband the Dr wasnt in the episode either, although Billie Dean knew who Madison was and that said she knew several Montgomerys.'

Yeah, the dialogue indicated Madison was supposed to be related to the Montgomeries who built Murder House, but if that is the case why not do more with it. I guess there was a lot to cram into one episode already.

by Anonymousreply 265October 19, 2018 5:54 AM

Clearly Madison and/or her actress is intended to lead further into the show's seasons, so Montgomerie material will be stretched further. This episode closed off a lot (specifically the main Murder House family) but still left bits to play with later.

by Anonymousreply 266October 19, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote]What happened to Constance's daughter Addie & why wasn't she why her like the other children?? Thanks

She was hit by a car Trick or Treating in a "Pretty Girl" mask and Constance pulled her off the property so she wouldn't be trapped there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 19, 2018 9:28 AM

r267

it's been a while since I've seen season 1 but I thought Constance was trying to pull her onto the property so she would still be able to see her like she did with Tate

by Anonymousreply 268October 19, 2018 9:35 AM

R239 Say what you want about Meryl Streep, but when she plays multiple roles, each one of them is an entirely different person. Paulson doesn’t even bother to change her wig.

by Anonymousreply 269October 19, 2018 10:08 AM

This episode just proves what shit writing the show has, and shit directing.

It's almost as if the characters played by Lange, McDermott and Britton were doing the show strictly as a favor to Ryan Murphy.

There was no energy or passion behind their performances. It was almost lifeless.

In fact, the only one who seemed to be giving 100% in his acting, was Evan Peters. He always gives 100%, no matter what the role.

I find it sad that he has never won an Emmy for this show, because he certainly deserves one.

by Anonymousreply 270October 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Really, R267-you waited 9 hours to reply to a question that was answered almost as soon as it was asked and then you got it wrong. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 271October 19, 2018 10:34 AM

So let me get this straight-Tate "rescues" Vivian by pushing her out of the fire and Michael, the fucking Antichrist, pretty much says "fuck it then, I won't destroy either one of them". RRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. And I'd like a list of the 36 KNOWN deaths in the house (that would be known by the realtor), because many of the deaths/characters we've seen either had bodies never found or weren't known to have died in the house (Hayden/Moira/Black Dahlia/Boy Dahlia). In fact, in season 1, the only deaths mentioned by the realtor were the 2 gay guys. So, in the 7 years since then there have been 34 deaths to occur in the house that were known, even though the only bodies to be found in the house since that time would be Violet, Ben Vivian their baby and the 2 home intruders killed on the property. And, a big point was made in the final episode that Ben/Viv/Violet were going to scare off any buyers. Three's Company made more of an effort to follow storylines from season to season.

by Anonymousreply 272October 19, 2018 10:48 AM

That's what threw me off too, R272.

The Harmons ended season one as a happy family unit, and then in this most recent episode, they were all over the place and Ben said to Vivian, "are we talking now?"

That made no sense.

by Anonymousreply 273October 19, 2018 10:52 AM

They tried to cover that by having Vivian being all pissy because Ben was trying to break through to Michael even though she knew he was evil. Weak, I know, R273, but there it is.

by Anonymousreply 274October 19, 2018 10:58 AM

Oh, and I think the exterminator (the one who found Violet) died at the house too, so one presumes his corpse was found. Still way off.

by Anonymousreply 275October 19, 2018 11:07 AM

Adina Porter as the warlock is this season’s best transformation.

by Anonymousreply 276October 19, 2018 11:08 AM

Adina's pathetic acting returns next week.

by Anonymousreply 277October 19, 2018 11:30 AM

Well, luckily we've been treated to Billy Porter's high octane queening for the last two weeks to tide us over. Talk about horror!

by Anonymousreply 278October 19, 2018 1:03 PM

This week felt like pandering to the fans. For that, it was well done but I hate when shows do that. Walking Dead and even the Downton Abbey finale did it. The show loses any artistic credibility when it starts shaping itself around what they think the mob of fans want instead of what makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 279October 19, 2018 1:35 PM

I like this season but it does scream fan service.

by Anonymousreply 280October 19, 2018 1:42 PM

R270 Cheyenne Jackson posted on Instagram that the episode was Paulson’s directorial debut...

by Anonymousreply 281October 19, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote]The Harmons ended season one as a happy family unit, and then in this most recent episode, they were all over the place and Ben said to Vivian, "are we talking now?"

They kind of glossed over their problems for the closing season 1 scenes. It would be pretty believable that after time they would be having issues again. The marriage had a lot of problems that living as ghosts would not magically disappear. How were they at the end of the episode?

by Anonymousreply 282October 19, 2018 3:01 PM

[quote] the episode was Paulson’s directorial debut...

Well, that would explain it.

Wah, wah.

by Anonymousreply 283October 19, 2018 4:30 PM

To me the high expectation hype made the episode almost a miss for me. Loved the Frances Conroy part with her and her mother walking hand in hand into the mist.

Jessica Lange was nice, but overhyped.

Fan service be damned. Tell me a story with rough edges and challenges. And lots and lots of camp.

by Anonymousreply 284October 19, 2018 4:51 PM

Did anyone else notice what Madison said about a former Supreme’s family that died on the property and that they should talk to them first? It’s odd that that was even brought up now as it never was before. Did this former Supreme create the Hellmouth that traps everyone there? Did she sacrifice her family with dark magic to ensure she would become the Supreme of her generation? It just seemed odd to mention it if it means nothing although that is common for this show.

by Anonymousreply 285October 19, 2018 5:38 PM

Nice Damian shoutout at the satanic ritual.

by Anonymousreply 286October 19, 2018 5:52 PM

You misheard the dialog r285, she was talking about how Michael's family died on the property.

by Anonymousreply 287October 19, 2018 6:32 PM

As for the 36, didn't the abortionist in the basement have a lot? They also clearly said that you won't see a ghost if they don't want to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 288October 20, 2018 12:56 AM

I don't remember the Doctor having a lot of victims, unless you wanna get into unborn babies, but that's an argument for another thread. Secondly-the realtor really doesn't have to mention murders that occurred DECADES before selling the house, even if he was aware of them.

by Anonymousreply 289October 20, 2018 1:01 AM

[quote]And I'd like a list of the 36 KNOWN deaths in the house (that would be known by the realtor), because many of the deaths/characters we've seen either had bodies never found or weren't known to have died in the house (Hayden/Moira/Black Dahlia/Boy Dahlia).

Nora and Charles Montgomery died in the Murder House. As did Tate, Violet, Ben and Vivien, Lorraine Harvey and her two daughters, the nurses, the two intruders, the redhead twins Troy and Bryan, Chad and Patrick, the Pest Exterminator, Derrick (the guy afraid of the Piggyman), the lesbian couple... that's besides Moira, Hugo, Hayden, Travis, Beauregard, the Infantata (reanimated), and the Black Dahlia, whose Murder House deaths were probably not known by the public.

by Anonymousreply 290October 20, 2018 1:20 AM

R289 Well, Murphy is a practicing Catholic. Re"unborn babies".

by Anonymousreply 291October 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Who's Adina Porter supposed to be? Marie Laveau's previously unknown sister?

by Anonymousreply 292October 20, 2018 3:41 AM

The biggest clue as to whats going to happen is Mallory and her power to not only raise the dead and cure their injuries, she regenerates them by essentially turning back time biologically.

by Anonymousreply 293October 20, 2018 4:11 AM

Not even close to 36, R290, and Derrick (the piggyman guy) did not die in the murder house-he was shot by a burglar in his own bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 294October 20, 2018 5:00 AM

Umm, R290 named roughly 30 people who died in Murder House. Obviously, there are a few more we do not know about (yet). Thank you for doing all that for us!

Where's your list, cunt at R294? Peanut gallery, peanut brain. Thanks for your correction, I guess... but, no.

by Anonymousreply 295October 20, 2018 5:39 AM

So, all powerful Michael couldn't make Constance's ghost visible to him (even when she doesn't want to) in the demon (murder) house that gave him life and his demonic powers? Uh, okay.

by Anonymousreply 296October 20, 2018 5:44 AM

You're still missing the point, R295, but I guess calling me a cunt makes you superior.

by Anonymousreply 297October 20, 2018 6:53 AM

R296 Most of his powers comes from being some conduit for Satan or somesuch. The episode was full of bits of how he can be almost human when not taking that role, but the killing urge is totally overwhelming at times and when he learns any smallest bit of his destiny he typically embraces it.

I'm sure at the past-current point in the timeline (being a 'Supreme'), Michael could do anything to any ghost.

by Anonymousreply 298October 20, 2018 7:15 AM

Watching grown adults seriously discuss this series is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 299October 20, 2018 1:41 PM

I would like to see a supernatural post-apocalyptic scenario like this done in a more serious way. It could be interesting. So far the timeline is: End of world via nukes; survivors in a nuclear bunker for 18 months; devil comes along, everyone dies on Halloween night; witches appear to revive a few of them.

“Apocalypse” means “unveiling” or “revelation,” which in no way means “everything ends.” It means “everything you understood before has been an illusion projected onto something that covered up reality, and now it’s time to experience reality.

Since we just saw in the murder house how the lesbian couple was killed and immediately rose back up, plus Frances Conroy’s ghost rejoined with her mother’s, maybe then the post-apocalypse won’t be a cop out despite the appearance of witches, but an entree into the postmortem world. IF that were done in a thoughtful way, it could be a really interesting place to explore. But this show has a way of presenting really interesting, exciting, potentially thoughtful premises and then exploring them with the intellectual interest and capacity of a 12 year-old goth girl. It’s just endlessly disappointing to me. And as to the question of why I watch: it’s the same reason as the disappointment: because the ideas are imaginative and interesting and provocative to think about, and I am always hopeful that one day a spark will catch on and be explored in an equally thoughtful way. Mostly the show introduces a series of awesome “what-ifs” begins an interesting exploration and then does some kind of sexually graphic, gory or Mean Girls treatment and abandons it. It’s really frustrating that it never delivers intellectually.

by Anonymousreply 300October 20, 2018 2:02 PM

[quote]but I guess calling me a cunt makes you superior.

Not superior Dear, Supreme!

by Anonymousreply 301October 20, 2018 3:24 PM

Taissa Farmiga politely admits she thought the Tate/Violet reunion was stupid as well.

[quote]Part of me was, I guess the part that was Violet was happy that she didn't have to cry anymore and the part that's Taissa was sort of — you know, I like things that aren't tied up in a neat little bow. I like when things are ambiguous. So you know, I think I was more happy with the Season 1 ending but I think the Violet inside me is more happy with this ending.

[quote]I try to see the good in people. But just because someone is in a circumstance that is influenced by outside evil or outside darkness and they're led to do these actions, I don't think you can completely wipe the slate clean and fully take away the responsibility from that person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 20, 2018 6:53 PM

Jessica Lange was probably disgusted by her shitty lines.

by Anonymousreply 303October 20, 2018 7:16 PM

With all they hype and media buzz, dont be surprised when Lange wins a guest actress emmy.

by Anonymousreply 304October 20, 2018 8:41 PM

R304 Not for that total shit

by Anonymousreply 305October 20, 2018 9:04 PM

Lange can’t win a Guest Actress Emmy. Only Comedy and Drama series have Guest Acting awards. Shows like “American Horror Story” that compete in the Limited Series categories only have Lead and Supporting awards for actors.

by Anonymousreply 306October 20, 2018 9:06 PM

I kept waiting for Madison to say to Violet: "Hey weepy ghost girl - you're a dead ringer for a witch I know called Zoe. It's uncanny!"

Or better yet, they should've had Zoe go back to murder house with Billy Porter so when Zoe and Violet meet they could play the Patty Duke Show twin song.

Such crap.

by Anonymousreply 307October 20, 2018 9:12 PM

I'm a huge fan of AHS and LOVE Jessica Lange, but this episode was very disappointing.

This is what we've waited months for?

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 308October 20, 2018 9:13 PM

Have Dylan McDermott and Zach Quinto tongue-kissed yet?

Has Stevie Nicks been on this season since her wonderful performance of "Gypsy"?

by Anonymousreply 309October 20, 2018 9:37 PM

Quinto has never came after season 2 r309, and he has seemed dismissive in interviews about ever coming back.

I got the impression him and Murphy did not get along, but then he did Boys in the Band so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 310October 20, 2018 9:54 PM

Kate Mara was Dylan’s ex-mistress in S1 and was quite good at portraying someone completely unhinged. Why wasn’t she asked back?

by Anonymousreply 311October 20, 2018 10:40 PM

[quote]Quinto has never came after season 2 [R309], and he has seemed dismissive in interviews about ever coming back.

Finn Wittrock acted the same away after his season and hemmed and hawed on if he would want to return. But I think that was because he was heavily lauded for his role and assumed that he was headed to stardom so he didn't need AHS or Murphy. How wrong he was.

by Anonymousreply 312October 20, 2018 10:41 PM

This is what people know of Finn Wittrock. Beginning and end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 20, 2018 10:45 PM

Finn Wittrock did 3 seasons...Freak Show, Hotel and Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 314October 21, 2018 1:26 AM

Can I point out how weird it is that Cheyenne Jackson is in the opening credits of this season?

by Anonymousreply 315October 21, 2018 1:28 AM

what about the aliens?

by Anonymousreply 316October 21, 2018 1:31 AM

Misty will probably revive him if they find his body....there are photos of him with the other witches, so he comes back somehow.

by Anonymousreply 317October 21, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]what about the aliens?

There was some speculation that the two humans selected for their good genes were picked because they were descendants of Kit's alien birthed children.

by Anonymousreply 318October 21, 2018 1:56 AM

I like the cut of your jib, r300.

by Anonymousreply 319October 21, 2018 5:16 AM

[quote]Quinto has never came after season 2 R309, and he has seemed dismissive in interviews about ever coming back. I got the impression him and Murphy did not get along, but then he did Boys in the Band so who knows.

It doesn't seem like any of the actors who didn't return to the show in a following season had a problem with Murphy. Many of them just didn't like doing [italic]this particular show[/italic] but saw themselves working with him again and have. A few others were busy or were working on other Ryan Murphy productions.

Quinto only did two seasons then claimed he wanted to get away from the "genre" stuff. He did do Boys in the Band, as you said.

Michael Chiklis did a season then said the show was too dark for him but he liked Ryan Murphy and would work with him on something else. He's been on Gotham the past few years since his season until this past year.

Chloe badmouthed her character in Hotel but said she'd come back if whatever she played next time was different. She was on Bloodline from the time Hotel ended up until this past year.

Matt Bomer did a small part in Freak Show then appeared in Hotel. He did an uncredited voice over in Roanoke but never appeared on screen. He skipped Cult but did the Boys in the Band. He was also supposed to direct an episode of AHS this season but booked a TV series so he couldn't do it. He also directed an episode of Versace.

Angela said she wasn't asked to come back but she's already on Murphy's 911 show and Finn was just in American Crime Story: Versace.

by Anonymousreply 320October 21, 2018 6:24 AM

Gay character dead?

by Anonymousreply 321October 21, 2018 10:44 AM

It's interesting to me how many young impresario/director types want to work with the same actors again and again--I think not because they're necessarily the best people for the roles but because they like working with them. PT Anderson loves some geneuinely great actors, like Edward Norton and Frances McDormand, but he also likes working with some incredibly weak actors like Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman. Similarly, although Murphy keeps casting some phenomenal women actors (Lange, Bassett, Paulson, Bates, Rabe) he also casts some actors of incredibly limited ability (Roberts, Sidibe).

by Anonymousreply 322October 21, 2018 4:54 PM

Cheyenne Jackson should take an acting class. :) Just sayin' ...

by Anonymousreply 323October 21, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote]Similarly, although Murphy keeps casting some phenomenal women actors (Lange, Bassett, Paulson, Bates, Rabe) he also casts some actors of incredibly limited ability (Roberts, Sidibe).

Roberts and Sidibe are great at comedy / delivering one liners. Sidibe was great in Precious but she's really only done comedy since then at one point doing Empire and Difficult People at the same time. Both always make themselves available to him and it seems he recognizes that.

Murphy has never hidden the fact that he has an acting company which definitely leans towards giving older women and gay actors roles to keep them working. Occasionally someone else comes along and he adds them in too.

Apparently he spotted Jon Jon Briones on Broadway where he had played the same role for years in various productions of Miss Saigon, cast him on Versace and liked him so much that now he's on AHS: Coven. There are many actors who have gained a leg up because of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324October 21, 2018 7:11 PM

I guess its good he casts so many of them even though they suck.

by Anonymousreply 325October 21, 2018 7:18 PM

I think it is great that Ryan Murphy keeps these older women and gay actors working who wouldn't necessarily get work otherwise.

I mean you look at the first show he planned for netflix, he went for a gay guy (Platt) and an older woman (Streisand) to anchor it.

by Anonymousreply 326October 21, 2018 7:26 PM

[quote] Both always make themselves available to him and it seems he recognizes that.

Yes, I am sure they are turning down other roles down right and left, and so must actively work to make themselves available to him.

by Anonymousreply 327October 21, 2018 7:31 PM

Jon Jon Briones was good in Versace but has been AWFUL in Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 328October 21, 2018 7:32 PM

I think he has been perfectly fine in this series, not great or bad, but getting the job done. I don't get the posters who have complaints about his performance.

by Anonymousreply 329October 21, 2018 7:37 PM

Jessica Lange brief comeback to the show broke the internet and was met with rapturous raves by both fans and critics.

I can see her getting in in supporting and winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330October 21, 2018 9:07 PM

[QUOTE]Quinto has never came after season 2 [R309], and he has seemed dismissive in interviews about ever coming back. I got the impression him and Murphy did not get along, but then he did Boys in the Band so who knows

This is the first "sequel" of sorts were past characters have showed up. I posted this before but when it was announced there would be a "Murder House"/ "Coven" tie in I asked Zac if he was coming back and and he said no. But that was before it was announced that Lange would return. So I don't know if he turned it down or wasn't asked at all, but he definitely told me no in July.

by Anonymousreply 331October 21, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]Yes, I am sure they are turning down other roles down right and left, and so must actively work to make themselves available to him.

Gabourey Sidibe is a regular on Empire. At one point she was a regular on Difficult People, recurring on Empire and still did a guest appearance on AHS. She said they wouldn't let her do more than 3 episodes of another show when she was promoted to regular on Empire. So yes, she did get special permission to appear in more than a few episodes of AHS: Apocalypse since she's doing both shows. She's doing just fine without Murphy and was even before this on The Big C. She has Lee Daniels to thank for her career.

Emma Roberts on the other hand is another story but it seems like she just landed lead on another, non-Murphy, series.

[quote]I posted this before but when it was announced there would be a "Murder House"/ "Coven" tie in I asked Zac if he was coming back and and he said no.

He said he didn't want to do the show again but would do other Murphy productions. Angela said specifically she wasn't asked but she's also doing another Murphy show. Maybe he just wanted a break since BitB ended right when Apocalypse went into production?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332October 22, 2018 4:12 AM

R332 Netflix for Emma? Good fit

by Anonymousreply 333October 22, 2018 6:46 AM

No Flix for Emma, an even better fit.

by Anonymousreply 334October 22, 2018 6:52 AM

R334 Let me guess, she will play a cunty ice queen......

by Anonymousreply 335October 22, 2018 6:57 AM

I guess Teddy Sears isn’t one of Ryan’s favorites as he hasn’t been asked back for any of the subsequent seasons, not even for a single episode. He could easily have played any of the roles given to Cheyenne...and probably better too.

by Anonymousreply 336October 22, 2018 11:33 AM

[quote]I guess Teddy Sears isn’t one of Ryan’s favorites as he hasn’t been asked back for any of the subsequent seasons, not even for a single episode. He could easily have played any of the roles given to Cheyenne...and probably better too.

He didn't make much of an impression, at least for me, I had to look up who you were talking about.

by Anonymousreply 337October 22, 2018 11:41 AM

Sears was too busy doing CW's The Flash back then. He wasn't able to maintain a working relationship with Murphy for Murphy to keep him in mind for future projects. Murphy probably forgot all about him and used someone like Wittrock for future projects instead and when Wittrock left for a bit ...

by Anonymousreply 338October 22, 2018 11:48 AM

An obvious question maybe, but if it support to be this campy? If so, it passed campy a hundred miles down the road and ran off the cliff of downright embarrassing.

It's somewhat entertaining, mostly because it's Halloween, but really I keep wondering if it's meant to be this over the top and silly. From Cody Fern in the long blonde wig to Stevie Nicks showing up to sing gypsy, to Kathy Bates hamming it in black lipstick and a butch comb-back.

I mean, WTF is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 339October 22, 2018 12:05 PM

That was meant to read: "...but is it supposed to be this campy?'

by Anonymousreply 340October 22, 2018 12:06 PM

It's all a ridiculous cam fest. I agree with reply 299...that anyone would take any of this nonsense seriously is hysterical. Murphy excels at weird creepy cartoons full of ludicrous camp.

by Anonymousreply 341October 22, 2018 4:19 PM

Camp not cam, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 342October 22, 2018 4:19 PM

Murphy decided that people wanted campy vs scary in Season 3. Where have you all been?

by Anonymousreply 343October 22, 2018 4:26 PM

Then he is an idiot, because the season widely recognized as the best is 'Asylum', which hardly had any camp, but a lot of darkness, suffering and blasphemy.

by Anonymousreply 344October 22, 2018 5:30 PM

Asylum is the only season where I've never rewatched any episodes. It was just so fucked up and dark I didnt want to ever see it again.

by Anonymousreply 345October 22, 2018 5:32 PM

Heaven forfend something called American Horror Story might be fucked up or dark.

by Anonymousreply 346October 22, 2018 5:41 PM

This show has always been BOTH gory and campy, ever since season 1.

Season 2 was great because it was disturbing, though not necessarily scary. It was also campy (The Name Game anyone?).

Season 3 is mastered the successful elements of the first 2 seasons and mixed in more overt supernatural/metaphysical themes. It's the most popular season for a reason.

Season 4 was surprisingly somber and depressing but totally worked.

I never watched again after Jessica Lange left and they brought on Lady Gaga.

An essential ingredient was lost.

by Anonymousreply 347October 22, 2018 5:50 PM

What was the point of Langdon fucking Evan Peters' character in latex?

by Anonymousreply 348October 22, 2018 8:30 PM

R348 Just for shock probably. I feel like a lot of this show is just shock value with no meaning.

by Anonymousreply 349October 22, 2018 8:46 PM

R349 This entire season is without meaning so far.

by Anonymousreply 350October 22, 2018 8:54 PM

R347....Then youve cheated yourself. Hotel, contrary to what the Gaga haters say, was great. Roanoke and Cult were as well. Hotel is very stylized and glamorous which I loved.

by Anonymousreply 351October 22, 2018 9:16 PM

R351

Yeah, i liked Hotel, but ending was terrible. Cult was great.

by Anonymousreply 352October 23, 2018 2:56 AM

R351 Take ya meds, Hotel was shit

by Anonymousreply 353October 23, 2018 2:58 AM

I thought both Asylum and Freakshow were the best but both so dark and disturbing that I don't think I'd rewatch either.

by Anonymousreply 354October 23, 2018 3:00 AM

R349

But really, it was strange even by AHS standards. It looked like first part of the season was written by some insane Evan Peters' stalker with sadomaso-tendencies. He was fucked, beaten, humiliated, he was licking boots at some point? Not that i complain, but it was so pointless. It was probably a relief for Peters to go back to his old characters.

by Anonymousreply 355October 23, 2018 3:21 AM

I am not watching this season only reading about it here and bring it up over cocktails. My friends know I am not watching it this season and fall all over themselves telling me all about it. It has been really fun and good so far this season. Hope they keep the crazy coming the rest of this season. Hail Satan and Evans Tush!

by Anonymousreply 356October 23, 2018 3:32 AM

reply 349 ding,ding,ding...we have a winner!

by Anonymousreply 357October 23, 2018 5:08 PM

You are upset I gave you a scene of Evan Peters getting fucked?

by Anonymousreply 358October 23, 2018 5:45 PM

What pisses me off is with this last episode, they completely fucked up the Murder House legacy.

If you rewatch season one ever again this season completely cheapens all the characters story conclusions.

by Anonymousreply 359October 23, 2018 7:18 PM

I guess Ryan Murphy had other things on his mind than the Datalounge folklore that he fucks every guy he hires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360October 23, 2018 7:23 PM

Freakshow is where everyone gave up on the series.

by Anonymousreply 361October 23, 2018 7:28 PM

Ryan is a good guy who deserves to be happy. Yes, he is weird and strange at first but that's just a first impression. He's a doll.

by Anonymousreply 362October 23, 2018 7:50 PM

That mainly seems to be jokes r360, a lot of gossip has consistently said that Murphy is surprisingly asexual, not some big slut.

by Anonymousreply 363October 23, 2018 7:58 PM

R358

Well, yeah, but then what? This character died next episode. Thats annoying.

by Anonymousreply 364October 24, 2018 5:42 AM

I can do cancer! Or PTSD! Any illness, really. Call me.

by Anonymousreply 365October 24, 2018 6:07 AM

emmy for ms lang and that awesome monologue!!!

and for cody ferns asshole !

by Anonymousreply 366October 24, 2018 11:45 AM

Last weeks episode was so bizarre and bad. If you go back and watch the first season, there was NEVER any of that shit. The season ended with the happy ghost family decorating a tree or some shit. Now they rewrite the story to make an antichrist birth by Connie Britton and all this other absurdity.

It's so bad it's like watching a train wreck. And I have no idea what Cody Fern did before the Versace show, but he's a terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 367October 24, 2018 12:55 PM

R367 what are you on? The antichrist story was in season 1

by Anonymousreply 368October 24, 2018 1:02 PM

True, R367, but it's still one of the best season in years. What does that tell you?

by Anonymousreply 369October 24, 2018 1:02 PM

R367, in Season one, Billie Dean told Constance that a child born of spirit and flesh would result in the birth of the Anti-Christ. Something to do with the reverse of the virgin birth or something like that. Also, Michael killed the babysitter in the final episode of "Murder House".

by Anonymousreply 370October 24, 2018 1:03 PM

R367 watched a different season 1 than the one that aired. Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 371October 24, 2018 1:15 PM

R367 is confusing AHS Murder House with Full House.

by Anonymousreply 372October 24, 2018 1:40 PM

Full House had two anti-Christs!

by Anonymousreply 373October 24, 2018 1:53 PM

Who cares if the show has meaning. It's a campy show meant to entertain , which it does better than most. It's not a serious drama or documentary. Just sit back and enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 374October 24, 2018 2:10 PM

[quote]The two weakest moments in the episode were the Black Dahlia cameo and the Anton LaVey subplot.

Did anyone think that as LaVey was pulling out that heart, he orgasmed? The actor made a sound like LaVey blew his load. Or am I misinterpreting that? I watched it a couple of times and I could’ve sworn. I was like...I CAUGHT THAT!

Anyway, this season might be pretty good. I enjoyed both Lange and Fern. Fern is weird tho. Despite seemingly having the same expression, he can be expressive when it calls for it. For example, when he was sitting at the end of the bed next to the dead priest and Constance opened the door. His reaction went from “Hey! Grandma” to “Jesus, excuuuuse me.” He really impressed me. I think I get why he was chosen--save the jokes. He has a wide-eyed but sinister face. And he did look hot and juicy in those scenes where he was supposed to be asleep.

One thing I appreciate about these threads is posters filling in the blanks and reminding me of things that have happened in previous seasons cause I barely remember shit. Like DLIF crying and jerking off, Paulson’s character being a medium, Constance saying Michael shouldn’t come back to the house etc. I remember NONE of that.

What happened to Constance’s house? Didn’t she live next to Murder House?

by Anonymousreply 375October 24, 2018 2:19 PM

Yes, Constance lived next door....and still did until her suicide......however, Constance used to live in the Murder House when she was married to Eric Close....she killed him and Moira when she caught them having an affair...thats why Moiras eye is cloudy....thats where she was shot.....and Tate was killed in his bedroom by the FBI after he did the school shooting. Thats when Constance moved next door....to stay close to her children.

by Anonymousreply 376October 24, 2018 3:19 PM

And to add to R376, the Contance's daughter , Addie, never made it to the Murder House when she died. he was fatally hit by a car outside the house. But before she completely flatlined, Constance tried to drag her body from the street and into the house in order to keep her spirit in there, but Addie died outside the gate and her spirit never made it inside.

by Anonymousreply 377October 24, 2018 5:07 PM

Sorry about the typo's.

by Anonymousreply 378October 24, 2018 5:07 PM

Who was fucking Peters' character (dead one) in latex suit? I thought it was Michael, but now i have doubts.

by Anonymousreply 379October 24, 2018 5:30 PM

My read is Michael was just toying with Evan Peters. No one was literally there in a suit, it was just a magic fantasy in his head.

by Anonymousreply 380October 24, 2018 5:40 PM

R380

But his grandmother saw them fucking.

by Anonymousreply 381October 24, 2018 5:54 PM

Right r381, I don't know how I forgot about that.

Who knows. Does it even have to be an actual person? Michael seems to be able to do practically anything, can probably create a "rubber man" out of thin air like he did the snakes.

Or maybe Michael really did just want to get his dick wet lol.

The sad truth is it will probably never be explained.

by Anonymousreply 382October 24, 2018 6:18 PM

R382

That's what annoys me about Ryan Murphy shows. To be honest, it was the only thing that got me interested in this pathetic season.

by Anonymousreply 383October 24, 2018 6:28 PM

Has anyone watched tonight’s ep yet? Damn Spectrum doesn’t have FX+. Spoilers please!

by Anonymousreply 384October 24, 2018 6:54 PM

FX+ is online....for a fee.....it can be cast to your tv (if you have capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 385October 24, 2018 7:33 PM

You are constantly asking people to post spoilers here r384, DL is bad place for that because there is no way to hide text like some forums can.

by Anonymousreply 386October 24, 2018 7:36 PM

NO Michael in the new episode. But Joan Collins & Frances Conroy were amazing together!! Yay!

by Anonymousreply 387October 24, 2018 9:42 PM

Thank you, R387!

by Anonymousreply 388October 24, 2018 10:35 PM

That's a take off of Joan in 1969's Tales From The Crypt.

by Anonymousreply 389October 25, 2018 2:13 AM

r389...I came to post the same thing !

by Anonymousreply 390October 25, 2018 2:15 AM

Im liking this episode.

by Anonymousreply 391October 25, 2018 2:37 AM

Joan can play....Joan.

by Anonymousreply 392October 25, 2018 2:43 AM

Is it the warlocks who kill the witches?

Does Cordelia summon Papa Legba for immortality?

by Anonymousreply 393October 25, 2018 2:58 AM

Still no explanation of how Myrtle is back?

by Anonymousreply 394October 25, 2018 2:59 AM

r394...youre obviously trolling....they addressed that in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 395October 25, 2018 3:00 AM

I’m so confused..

by Anonymousreply 396October 25, 2018 3:29 AM

If anyone is confused, the best thing is to re-watch coven or read all the episode summaries. There are many characters I suppose we (who remember coven) are taking for granted that a new audience may have no clue what to think of.

I think the episode was great again. I cannot believe AHS is finally coherent - like with a clear plot that makes sense. And, they've brought back some of the best characters on the show (well, Myrtle at least).

by Anonymousreply 397October 25, 2018 3:43 AM

One of the best seasons ever, up there with S12345. So loving every moment. If they wrap this up effectively, it'll be S2 greatness.

by Anonymousreply 398October 25, 2018 6:02 AM

This season is more of a mess than any of the previous ones, especially by having the actors playing more than one role. I agree that Joan was good. They should have her character tell about her life in the 1930s when she meant Captain Kirk. That would be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 399October 25, 2018 6:17 AM

[quote] Last weeks episode was so bizarre and bad

Blame the writer, Crystal Liu. She sucks ass, and she's to blame for fucking up the "Murder House" legacy. There's no going back on that one.

This episode on the other hand, was very well written. The writer was Adam Penn, and he knows exactly how to write for the characters, without pandering. He did the bitchy banter between Joan Collins and Emma Roberts very nicely, and the story was easy to follow and it made sense.

That's what I want to see, when I watch this show.

Why in the fuck did they let that Liu lady write the Murder House episode, knowing that so many big names were coming back? The woman is a goddamned amateur.

She used to be a production assistant, for fuck's sake! Who thought it was a good idea to make her a writer???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 25, 2018 7:42 AM

I hated previous episode. When Tate was screaming "you are the only one i neeeeeed!", i laughed. It was so silly.

by Anonymousreply 401October 25, 2018 8:26 AM

This episode definitely advanced the plot, but it was pretty boring.

by Anonymousreply 402October 25, 2018 9:25 AM

Love Grossman's "powers."

Ugh, Eichner is back next week.

by Anonymousreply 403October 25, 2018 9:31 AM

Harriet Sansom Harris appears in the next episode! My life is complete.

by Anonymousreply 404October 25, 2018 9:35 AM

R400 love when people drag writers like this. Most tv writers nowadays are just people that got a job and talked the to the right people. Most don’t have any actual talent and just rehash any number of stories they’ve heard. Amateur hour.

by Anonymousreply 405October 25, 2018 9:36 AM

Connections, connections, connections. [R405]

by Anonymousreply 406October 25, 2018 9:47 AM

R376 Okay, yeah I remember that now, thanks.

I also wondered who was fucking Peters' character. We know it wasn't Micheal. I bet it'll be Cheyenne.

by Anonymousreply 407October 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Where are those pics of evan peters' asshole?

by Anonymousreply 408October 25, 2018 10:24 AM

Billy Porter needs to be off this show like yesterday. Can he ever dial it down even a notch? He makes most of the rotten actors on this show look like the reincarnation of Olivier. Why does Cheyenne Jackson look so horrible?

by Anonymousreply 409October 25, 2018 11:29 AM

R409 You are so right. Porter makes my skin crawl. Cheyenne's looks have started to fade ever since he left his husband for that other guy.

by Anonymousreply 410October 25, 2018 11:37 AM

Cheyenne is a major asshole and he looks older but I don't think he looks horrible.

by Anonymousreply 411October 25, 2018 11:48 AM

Porter is a big old queen trying to enunciate without his lisp, probably spitting everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 412October 25, 2018 12:00 PM

[quote]Why does Cheyenne Jackson look so horrible?

Apparently in the afterlife they have lots of eyeliner.

by Anonymousreply 413October 25, 2018 1:17 PM

R407

His character was dead at that moment. Or he came back to life in recent episode?

by Anonymousreply 414October 25, 2018 1:26 PM

reply 397 Coherent?!!! LOL, oh my sides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 415October 25, 2018 1:27 PM

The least they could do was have Cheyenne be brought back naked.

by Anonymousreply 416October 25, 2018 1:29 PM

R416 He's done enough nudity to last him a life time.

I must admit he looked pretty charismatic in that last scene.But it was mostly the clothes&his height.

by Anonymousreply 417October 25, 2018 3:04 PM

Some wonder why millennials are often ridiculed as being out of touch and only aware of whats happened in their lifetimes.....heres an example.

Ive read three recaps about last nights episode.....all three written by clueless columnists.....when addressing Joan Collins and her portrayal of a woman who kills her husband and in turn is killed by a deranged Santa, they all commented on how campy it was, or that it was a call back to season two......NOT ONE was aware that it was clearly a spoof of Joans own career and a movie she made in the early 70s....Tales from the Crypt.

Its akin to someone reviewing A Star is Born and asking why the premise was never explored before the Cooper/GaGa version of a movie that been remade multiple times..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418October 25, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote] NOT ONE was aware that it was clearly a spoof of Joans own career and a movie she made in the early 70s....Tales from the Crypt.

So true, R418.

If it didn't happen in THEIR lifetime, then it never happened. Because clearly, the world revolves around them.

by Anonymousreply 419October 25, 2018 3:13 PM

I have only season SEASON 1, Cult and now this one. I’m finding it very dull and find Cult tobe the clear winner so far.

by Anonymousreply 420October 25, 2018 3:17 PM

This episode had so much happen and yet it felt so much like filler. I do think it was otherwise written well, whereas the Murder House episode felt necessary (even if also shoehorned) but written badly.

R418 it isn't cluelessness, its that we're exponentially more deluged with data than ever before. To the point that the youngest of us are moving to things like Snapchat/Instagram because it allows the mind to take info, have quick reaction, and basically discard it after to make mental space for more relevant things. Most would be willing to learn the history of that actress, but ironically, informational context is harder to discover than ever before, at least with an article deadline within the day. For the record though, I think they still should have figured that bit out.

Billy is making me laugh a little. I'm willing to take a camp season, I just wish it wasn't this one.

Cheyenne was never attractive to me. If anything I like him in this role as I actually buy him as a concerned leader warlock, down the some of the wear on his face.

I think we're back to typical pacing issues for AHS that usually keep it rarely higher than a 7/10 in my eyes. They do not plot out their seasons well at all. I did like the mid-Roanoke twist though.

by Anonymousreply 421October 25, 2018 3:53 PM

You talk about Tales from the Crypt like it's fucking Fellini.

by Anonymousreply 422October 25, 2018 4:02 PM

r422....were your delicate sensibilities offended ?......nobody claimed it was fucking Fellini.....but its also not unknown and is a camp classic....the point being that anyone who is a fan of Collins, the horror genre, or camp, would have instantly recognized the parody and not deemed it absurd.

But, you know that and just dont like being labeled as clueless.

by Anonymousreply 423October 25, 2018 4:07 PM

....and by the way.....the Tales from the Crypt mentioned was a movie circa 1972.....not the tv series.

by Anonymousreply 424October 25, 2018 4:09 PM

[quote]....and by the way.....the Tales from the Crypt mentioned was a movie circa 1972.....not the tv series.

The movie is an anthology and Joan's section is great and creepy and should be mandatory Xmas Eve viewing.

by Anonymousreply 425October 25, 2018 4:21 PM

What kind of basic bitches watch this shit?

Ryan Murphy is such a hack -- HANG IT UP.

by Anonymousreply 426October 25, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote] [R400] love when people drag writers like this. Most tv writers nowadays are just people that got a job and talked the to the right people. Most don’t have any actual talent and just rehash any number of stories they’ve heard. Amateur hour.

It's called Affirmative Action. There's not enough minorities in the room, so let's make sure our staff is balanced, even if they can't write for shit. Also, white men are the enemy these days so we must eliminate them. Meanwhile, in writer's rooms, gay is not considered a minority. Not even one bit. But of course, trannies are.

There was (and may still be as I haven't watched it in years) a writer on Family Guy named Cherry Chevapravatdumrong, quite possibly the worst writer ever in television. Whenever I'd see her name come on the screen as a writer, I knew the episode would suck, and it did. She was actually a big reason I stopped watching, since she became an EP on the show and there was a noticeable drop in quality.

by Anonymousreply 427October 25, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote]Ryan Murphy is such a hack -- HANG IT UP.

Shadddup.

by Anonymousreply 428October 25, 2018 4:49 PM

[quote]It's called Affirmative Action. There's not enough minorities in the room, so let's make sure our staff is balanced, even if they can't write for shit.

Or maybe she kissed the right asses R427 like many good would be tv writers. Good God, you act if no white writer has ever written a shitty episode of a series. Also, in case you haven't noticed, there have been many shitty episodes over the years of this series.

[quote]Some wonder why millennials are often ridiculed as being out of touch and only aware of whats happened in their lifetimes.....heres an example.

Not everyone knows everything R418 and people watch the show for different reasons. Some people were watching the show long before Joan set foot on it.

You're expecting viewers of the show and recappers of the show to be able to recall the cinematic histories of every actor and actress on the entire show. "I'm deeply upset you didn't recall that was a reference to Sarah Paulson's guest appearance on Touched By an Angel in 2001 and don't you dare tell me that was not an important hour of television that you and your ilk should have recorded and played back at least once a Christmas season!"

by Anonymousreply 429October 25, 2018 7:03 PM

R429 doesn't have many friends.

by Anonymousreply 430October 25, 2018 7:06 PM

R430, is using Datalounge from his dad's basement again while furiously jacking off to Evan Peter's ass.

by Anonymousreply 431October 25, 2018 7:08 PM

U pressed, R429/R431? Sounds like it.

by Anonymousreply 432October 25, 2018 7:10 PM

R431 I'm pretty sure there are several people on here masturbating to the thought of Evan's ass as well as Cody's.

by Anonymousreply 433October 25, 2018 7:57 PM

Someone above talked about seeing Cody's ass in that shot in the Return to Murder House ep when it got really hot and he was lying in bed. I saw boxer shorts. Was that because I watched it on the FoxNow app instead of the The Fox+ subscription? I'm asking because I've watched all the other seasons of AHS on Netflix and I have always seen nudity and heard all the bad language. It never occurred to me that I might be watching a censored version of AHS.

by Anonymousreply 434October 25, 2018 9:07 PM

Very convenient how Michael was "in isolation", or else none of the plot of this episode would have worked. Collins was good, she has been a delight this season though of course keep they her in her wheelhouse.

[quote]This episode had so much happen and yet it felt so much like filler. I do think it was otherwise written well

I felt the same way. It was a good episode yet it did feel like filler, just tying up some loose ends with some extraneous characters. I now wonder if we aren't going to catch up til post-apocalyptic Halloween til the final episode, seems that way, we began at the end.

by Anonymousreply 435October 25, 2018 11:51 PM

I think I figured out PART of whats going to happen.

Think about who was in the Outpost....aside from the 2 with "ideal" DNA, we have 3 who turned out to be witches under a protection spell...Mallory, Coco, Dinah. What about the rest ?....Evie, married to a Hollywood mogul, retired actress...and her grandson. Could Evie be Bubbles ?.....that would make her grandson a warlock. Dinahs son....he would have voodoo in his blood.

Could each outpost be where Michael was rounding up witches and warlocks to destroy them ? why would Meade happen to be there. They did say most of the other outposts had already been destroyed.

I also stand by my guess that the witches that showed up at the outpost are already dead....but since its Halloween night, they are able to rise and fight Michael again with the help of the witches who were alive in the outpost (after they were brought back.)

by Anonymousreply 436October 26, 2018 12:41 AM

^^^and the outpost is coincidentally the old warlock academy.^^^

by Anonymousreply 437October 26, 2018 12:43 AM

I'm still waiting for the reveal that Mallory was a virgin birth.

Christ vs Anti-Christ. They are showing the obvious parallel with pure and uber-powerful Mallory and evil and uber-powerful Michael.

by Anonymousreply 438October 26, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote]I must admit he looked pretty charismatic in that last scene.But it was mostly the clothes&his height.

And that fierce scarf flip.

by Anonymousreply 439October 26, 2018 1:51 AM

It's turning out to be The Stand with chicks.

by Anonymousreply 440October 26, 2018 2:31 AM

I gave up, this program skips around so much I am totally confused

by Anonymousreply 441October 26, 2018 10:20 AM

It's not that confusing

by Anonymousreply 442October 26, 2018 11:48 AM

It follows the same narrative structure as the Gianni Versace Murder.

by Anonymousreply 443October 26, 2018 12:29 PM

loved that yr gaga was in it, the hotel one, so fun::::had cutie matt bomer in it an lots more

by Anonymousreply 444October 26, 2018 12:46 PM

maybe they decided the first few shows with the bomb shelter thing were boring twas

by Anonymousreply 445October 26, 2018 12:47 PM

I missed the first couple of years of AHS, so this one is lost on me

by Anonymousreply 446October 26, 2018 3:29 PM

glad they dropped the hiding in the shelter theme, tired.

so fun now bak in the house of firs AMS with the originals. and some thru the yrs

is this the finale?

by Anonymousreply 447October 26, 2018 3:34 PM

AHS has already been renewed for the next 2 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 448October 26, 2018 3:41 PM

This season really isn't an anthology, it is a continuation of Coven and Murder House. It's like with any other show if you didn't watch earlier seasons you won't understand a lot of what is happening in the show. To be fair, the promotion for this season made it clear that would be the case.

by Anonymousreply 449October 26, 2018 4:04 PM

Yeah I agree that Michael is somehow granted the power to figure out the Cooperative thing and use it as a ploy to draw in magical people as they're the only ones he thinks might survive in some form anyway. Remember that he even may want to destroy their souls, not just allow them to go to afterlifes. The Cooperation might truly be to decide who gets to join him, he may even have people somewhere, but probably not and at least the majority of the test is to torment people. At the final moment the apoc will be reversed, but we'll have more lore and character knowledge going into the future.

I wonder if since this is a mix of S1 MH and S3 Coven, next would be a mix of another couple earlier seasons, then they try to wrap up the rest.

Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 450October 26, 2018 4:07 PM

Not a fan of the slow-mo walk off at the end. But I do love the rest. Bubbles sniping at Madison and her lovely banter with Myrtle.

I think for some it felt like a filler, because Michael didn't appear which some people may see as moving the story forward whenever the big bad is around taking action.

I like Porter. He brings the fierce drama. And I do wonder sometimes would hell would break loose if Murphy used Grace Jones in one of his future AHS season?

I think the show solved the issue with the actors playing several characters on the show pretty decent by not letting the actors be on double duty during each episode (for example in the previous episode Frances Conroy was only seen as her character in Murder House).

I loved the focus on the coven and the bond between them. I wish something like that would exist for gay guys (magic or not).

by Anonymousreply 451October 26, 2018 4:08 PM

I think the Cooperative is just a scam from Michael making it look like there is some big organization saving the worthy and people are supposed to fight over who is worthy and who isn't for his amusement. An empty hope.

by Anonymousreply 452October 26, 2018 4:14 PM

So is it for sure that Mallory is the next Supreme? It just doesn't make sense to me, the story takes place only a few years after Cordelia became the Supreme. It just happened! They always last longer than that, a generation. I want Cord to stay the Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 453October 27, 2018 3:29 AM

R449 What bullshit, if you are a casual viewer you would have no idea you would have to had watched Coven for this season to make any sense at all, I gave up on Coven after two episodes so this season is just puzzling for me

by Anonymousreply 454October 27, 2018 3:49 AM

R453 There are some speculations that Mallory may not be a witch but a Nephilim.

by Anonymousreply 455October 27, 2018 6:50 AM

[quote] It just doesn't make sense to me, the story takes place only a few years after Cordelia became the Supreme. It just happened! They always last longer than that, a generation. I want Cord to stay the Supreme.

The timeline is off R453.

Cordelia's mother, Fiona screwed it up by killing the previous Supreme prematurely. She then killed anyone she thought could have been Supreme to keep herself from "fading" and she sucked the life force from humans to keep herself alive long after she should have been dead naturally.

If she hadn't done that, Cordelia would have (assuming she could have passed the tests) been Supreme years before she actually was or someone else would have been that Fiona possibly killed.

The people on the show aren't even sure if that's what happened but it's possible. However, I don't think Mallory is the next Supreme.

You really did have to watch Coven to get some of the things in this season. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 456October 27, 2018 7:02 AM

R446, then WHY are you even watching? And why should anyone care that your dumb ass is lost?? Go get a clue hon.

by Anonymousreply 457October 27, 2018 9:16 AM

I read a theory that Mallory is a descendant of Kit and an alien from season 2. She's part alien and thats why she's so strong. They base this theory on the fact that in the bunker, Mallory was a "gray" and that's also a type of alien. The theory posits that that was the show giving a hint.

Idk. I still think it's more likely that she is an angel or Christ like figure.

by Anonymousreply 458October 27, 2018 9:46 AM

oh sweetie 457, be nice for once.

by Anonymousreply 459October 27, 2018 12:17 PM

I think Sarah Paulson will get an Emmy nom for Best Director. She did a fantastic job. Her acting however has been disappointing this season. She was completely one note as Venable. She cannot do villain roles AT ALL. Billy Dean was completely one note. Cordelia is OK but she was much better in Coven. I don't know what happened to her acting talent. Does anyone else feel this way?

by Anonymousreply 460October 28, 2018 4:11 PM

I think Evan Peters was shockingly bad this season. And he is my favorite on the show.

by Anonymousreply 461October 28, 2018 4:34 PM

R460 I’ve said before and I feel it’s proven out this season, Sarah Paulson is a serviceable television character actress but not a very strong actor, not very nuanced at all, and certainly doesn’t have the charisma of a lead player. Her talent is stock. She seems perfectly likable and I feel a little bad saying it, but it’s the truth. Murphy could improve his productions if he did freinds and self fewer favors and instead invested in the story and drama delivered to the audience. His set and costume designs are consistently excellent. Story concepts are consistently intriguing and consistently poorly executed, and acting is hit or miss, but the story and acting always come second to the casting of Murphy regulars, seemingly based on off-camera relationships rather than professional capability. Sarah Paulson’s talent is good for procedurals like Law & Order etc. where characters basically explain the plot as it advances, but she’s not versatile at all and not very competent with conveying authentic emotion. She seems affected, I suppose in a Katharine Hepburn kind of stilted way, except that Hepburn had a mystique and Paulson just seems to be there to deliver her lines.

by Anonymousreply 462October 28, 2018 4:42 PM

And she was sublime in the latter half of Cult (Once she grew stronger and stopped screaming and cr.ying all the time). SP is one of my favorite atresses. I just really like her. But she brought absolutely nothing to Venable. I could not have cared less when she died. The only other time she was worse was her 'british" character in Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 463October 28, 2018 4:53 PM

Will we ever actually find out who was Venable and what's her story and meaning to the plot?

by Anonymousreply 464October 28, 2018 5:06 PM

She was so good in that scene with Ivy in Cult when Ivy tells her that she not afraid of her and that she knows Ally will never hurt her and Ally responds "I already have". She deserved an Emmy nod from that scene alone.

by Anonymousreply 465October 28, 2018 5:06 PM

R465

Yes, it was amazing scene.

by Anonymousreply 466October 28, 2018 5:08 PM

I watched the first ep of Cult and part of the second, and turned it off because of Paulson’s constant fretting and shrieking and screaming. It was truly unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 467October 28, 2018 5:09 PM

R420 If you think Cult, the very worst season of AHS wins over season one and this current one, just quit watching any of it now hon.

by Anonymousreply 468October 28, 2018 5:14 PM

Wait, are you saying this is award-worthy acting on the part of Paulson? Somehow she’s overacting even just sitting there. Her emphasis is completely unconvincing to me. Ah well. To each his own.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469October 28, 2018 5:14 PM

R468

Cult was amazing. Probably their most coherent season. Hated first season.

by Anonymousreply 470October 28, 2018 5:20 PM

Paulson’s best performances were in Assylum and Freak Show. You felt for Lana, and the twins were convincingly different characters.

by Anonymousreply 471October 28, 2018 5:20 PM

I liked asylum and I did care about her character in that season. I found season one thrilling and season two disturbing, and then season three showed that the whole series is just a random assemblage of spectacle and a showcase for Ryan Murphy’s favorite celebrities. I like Stevie Nicks A LOT, and I think her forced appearances in Coven and Apocalypse are about the worst decision any showrunner ever could make. I am a writer and my favorite artist is Tori Amos. If anyone ever produced anything I wrote for screen and forced a nonsensical Tori Amos performance that ruined the drama into it, I’d be the first one to demand it be cut out. Murphy and Falchuk have great imaginations and very poor directorial discretion.

by Anonymousreply 472October 28, 2018 5:25 PM

I agree. She was harrowing in that aversion conversion scene in Asylum. You really felt that she WAS Lana Winters. And Dot and Bette looked identical and yet you knew immediately which one was speaking. That is the definition of good acting. And yet why is so very bad in Roanoke and Apocalypse?

by Anonymousreply 473October 28, 2018 5:28 PM

R470 Cult coherent? Wow. Well, different strokes and all that I guess.

by Anonymousreply 474October 28, 2018 5:35 PM

R474

I thought so. I really dislike most of Ryan Murphy's projects, and not a big fan of AHS. But i saw Cult on tv and loved it. Rewatched previous seasons and was reminded why i dislike Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 475October 28, 2018 5:44 PM

Apocalypse is my least favorite season of this show. The first three episodes werpure filler. It did not need 3 episodes to explore the bunker. One would have been sufficient. The acting is dreadful. And it makes no sense why the witches in the bunker have no memories. .Can someone please explain to me that plot point? TIA

by Anonymousreply 476October 28, 2018 5:51 PM

I am enjoying this season as a bad “horror” fantasy show. It’s not good, but it has a plot and that is better than most seasons.

I AM LOVING the new Sabrina series on Netflix though!!!

by Anonymousreply 477October 28, 2018 5:55 PM

Cordelia placed a spell on them to make them forget they were witches.

by Anonymousreply 478October 28, 2018 5:55 PM

How did the witches end up in the bunker in the first place? And did Cordelia actually save them from the bunker? If so how come she was not affected by the radiation? And why would she save Adina Porter?

by Anonymousreply 479October 28, 2018 6:04 PM

I am curious about how the antichrist will end up triggering a nuclear holocaust. At this point, he seems engaged in a small domestic squabble but antagonizing a nuclear war seems way beyond his reach. Otherwise, I think it’s worth considering that the apocalypse in this show (if it is really willing to take an unexpected chance) may have been the apocalypse and not a fake out. Perhaps it went nowhere but back in time because it’s all over in the present. Maybe the witches who came back after the last of the people died are dead—that seems to be all the witches do, really, is die and then un-die. So maybe everything on Earth is dead now and the witches just keep on coming back from the great beyond because that’s a thing this show loves to do tediously and incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 480October 28, 2018 6:07 PM

Do you always ask questions about things that TV shows haven't covered yet r479? Keep watching and we will find out some of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 481October 28, 2018 6:08 PM

Just a thought not really related to the show. In the Book of Revelation, the apocalypse brought on by the Antichrist is followed by a war that ends with 1,000 years of peace on Earth. So it seems the Antichrist is either good (the means justify the end) in essence, or else he will be made to suffer by having his evil deeds lead to a period of peace and prosperity for human beings.

by Anonymousreply 482October 28, 2018 6:11 PM

Show of hands: who would be surprised if the season closes with Stevie Nicks croaking out “Edge of Seventeen” in a white gown amid a sea of fluffy heavenclouds.

by Anonymousreply 483October 28, 2018 6:12 PM

The acting is pitiful this year. Evan Peters (who I usually like) is terrible. Sarah Paulson is dreadful. Even Kathy Bates looks like she is phoning it in. Adina Porter is unconvincing. Does anyone else feel this way?

by Anonymousreply 484October 28, 2018 6:19 PM

R484

I do. I am especially surprised by Peters who was terrific last season. His acting looks almost like a parody. And what was the point of Gallant?

by Anonymousreply 485October 28, 2018 6:37 PM

If Joan Collins is a witch, then we may assume that Evan Peters’s gay hairdresser grandson is a warlock and will reappear. Hot Devil Baby called him weak, and so I expect Peters to resurface and take his revenge on Hot Devil Baby. He’ll probably rape him in the ass because that’s the sort of thing this show’s writers would come up with.

by Anonymousreply 486October 28, 2018 6:40 PM

Joan Collins was playing a different character r486.

by Anonymousreply 487October 28, 2018 6:43 PM

R487 Wait, really? Are you absolutely sure? Wasn’t her original character an actress, and also the “new” one we met this week an actress? I think she’s the same character...?!

by Anonymousreply 488October 28, 2018 6:49 PM

Joan Collins is playing two different characters, though they are both actresses.

by Anonymousreply 489October 28, 2018 6:50 PM

There was no point to Gallant,. There was no point to Venable. There was no point to any of the bunker nonsense. Why did it need 3 episodes on the bunker? It makes no sense. It was like a short story. Did anyone here even like the bunker episodes?

by Anonymousreply 490October 28, 2018 6:52 PM

I liked it and thought Venable was creepy, at least it was something new instead of repeating the bullshit from earlier seasons.

by Anonymousreply 491October 28, 2018 6:55 PM

Bunker was ok. It's the witches i dont like

by Anonymousreply 492October 28, 2018 6:56 PM

I thought the bunker stuff was boring, the show became significantly more entertaining once it left that drabness.

by Anonymousreply 493October 28, 2018 6:57 PM

We are in a flashback now. There is some point to the bunker. It is the present. The show will return to the present. I just hope it’s not through some lame turning-back-time-to-avoid-the-nuclear-winter plot twist that I expect.

by Anonymousreply 494October 28, 2018 6:59 PM

It has to be though r494. The world being destroyed by nuclear bombs would severely limit what they could do in feature seasons, they would have all to be period pieces. So it is inevitably going to be magically reversed.

by Anonymousreply 495October 28, 2018 7:03 PM

Murphy said a major twist would happen in episode 5 or 6. There was no twist. Dissapointing.

by Anonymousreply 496October 28, 2018 7:41 PM

If there was a twist than it was so bad no one noticed.

by Anonymousreply 497October 28, 2018 7:44 PM

But do the plot twists on this show usually pay off? (No.) All everyone wanted when this season was announced was witches, and it’s a witch fiesta.

by Anonymousreply 498October 28, 2018 7:55 PM

In the earlier episodes, Joan Collins played Evie Gallant, whose best friend was Natalie Wood and had dalliances with Yul Brynner and other stars of yore. I assume she was an actress, but I don't recall if this was ever mentioned. In the latest episodes, Collins plays Bubbles McGee, an actress witch who has the power of lectio animo. She's good friends with Myrtle Snow and taught her how to master fellatio.

by Anonymousreply 499October 28, 2018 8:18 PM

R499 Am I the only one who thinks that this double casting is unnecessarily confusing and a distraction? She looks and acts the same as both characters. Jesus this show is bad.

by Anonymousreply 500October 28, 2018 8:39 PM

I dont think Collins is known for having much range. Doesn't she just play a fabulous rich bitch in everything?

by Anonymousreply 501October 28, 2018 8:41 PM

Collins isnt known for range, is she? Doesn't she just play a fabulous rich bitch in everything.

by Anonymousreply 502October 28, 2018 8:43 PM

R50 no one ever said that JC is a good actress. At least she is interesting to watch. Which is more entertaining than a lot of the characters this season. Poor Kathy Bates. You have to a terrible writer and worse directing to make KB look like a bad actress.

by Anonymousreply 503October 28, 2018 8:47 PM

I agree. This is Kathy Bates worst season but it's not really her fault. Her character is so one note.

by Anonymousreply 504October 28, 2018 8:50 PM

R500, but the hair color and style is different!

by Anonymousreply 505October 28, 2018 8:53 PM

Apocalypse is the literal name of the book of Revelations in Latin and many modern day latin languages like Spanish, Portuguese and Italian. I think the French are the only ones that called it the Revelation.

by Anonymousreply 506October 28, 2018 9:00 PM

I agree R504. Kathy Bates is turning in a poor performance BUT IT IS NOT HER FAULT. She has terrible writing and directing working against her. Kathy Bates is such a fantastic actress it is truly a crime that she has absolutely NOTHING to work with. Same for Paulson. Who would ever give a compelling performance with the nothing role that is Venable. And what is wrong with Evan Peters? He suddenly out of the blue became a terrible actor?

by Anonymousreply 507October 28, 2018 9:36 PM

The scene with Kathy Bates smiling victoriously while engulfed in flames was so bad. Sci-Fi Channel level special effects.

by Anonymousreply 508October 28, 2018 9:36 PM

Paulson and Bates and Peters are all exceptional actors and yet they are all giving extremely poor performances. Who is to blame?

by Anonymousreply 509October 28, 2018 10:05 PM

Harriet Sansom Harris plays a Satanist in the next week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 510October 28, 2018 10:06 PM

R50 who the hell is that and why should we care? Maybe a good idea would be we should only talk about people we actually know and care qbout.

by Anonymousreply 511October 28, 2018 10:11 PM

R448 Now that's a true American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 512October 28, 2018 10:17 PM

Everyone is a horrible actor in this season. Paulson is terrible. Bates is a joke. Evan Peters is an embarassment (and I LOVE Evan Peters). Why is the acting so bad? Cody Fern is OK When he is playing a teenage Michael but why are the adults so terrible? I am particularly disappointed by Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 513October 28, 2018 10:25 PM

My favorite is whiny hate watchers that can't stand the show and can't wait to jump into any and every AHS thread and bitch about it endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 514October 28, 2018 10:27 PM

Love Frances Conroy. Her Myrtle Snow character is probably one of my most favorite characters of the whole series. But she was also amazing in Freakshow when she hired the mass murdering clown for her crazy son right off the street.

by Anonymousreply 515October 28, 2018 10:31 PM

R514 because I loved the show through season 7. I have never posted negatively before this season. Paulson and Petrs and Bates are turning in terrible performances and I want to know why

by Anonymousreply 516October 28, 2018 10:33 PM

Frances Conroy is great....her Moira from Murder House was a very sympathetic character....I literally felt for her.

by Anonymousreply 517October 28, 2018 10:34 PM

r516, have you tried banging at Ryan Murphy's door demanding the answers he owes you?

by Anonymousreply 518October 28, 2018 10:36 PM

Francis Conroy is a gem.

by Anonymousreply 519October 28, 2018 10:37 PM

She is a top rate acting talent, I don't know why Murphy keeps her to these supporting roles. She is the best actor he had after Lange and she should have been the new Lange, not Paulson.

by Anonymousreply 520October 28, 2018 10:39 PM

R520. I think Paulson should still be given top billing but Francis should be getting that very special "and Francis Conroy" billing at the end.

by Anonymousreply 521October 28, 2018 10:48 PM

A little off topic, but when Mallory was a Gray in the bunker sporting that weird pointy hair-do, it reminded me of the infamous Lava Lady of Los Angeles. This very eccentric older woman had the same hairstyle. She mostly kept to the Beverly Grove/Fairfax area, walking the streets aimlessly.

It can't be coincident, she was legendary amongst gays in the neighborhood, which presumably included someone in the AHS costume department.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522October 28, 2018 10:58 PM

Cody Fern wants you to know he is just like you!

[quote]’m not a person who likes to look back. Lately, my life has been overflowing with wonder and magic. I’m happier than I’ve ever been. But I’ve also noticed a rising anxiety - especially with social media. I’m a private person. I prefer mystery. But I’m pulled into the past every time I see a photo from a long (and purposefully forgotten) era - a photo that I didn’t choose to put out into the world. It’s confronting. Cringing, I look at these old pictures and think about who I am now and who I was then and the wide gulf that stretches out between us. Who was he? Why did he dress like that? What’s with that hideous haircut? Why wasn’t he ‘cooler’ or at least, why didn’t people like him? Why didn’t he like himself? I judge him and all of his choices. The gulf gets wider and my anxiety grows. Here’s the thing - I was nerdy, sensitive, awkward and afraid. I was a day dreamer. I was bullied. I struggled to make friends. I struggled to fit in. I struggled to stand out. I struggled with weight. With acne. With girls. With guys. With life. The road to who I am now is littered with phases that I was embarrassed of, regretted or would otherwise choose to forget. But in rejecting these parts of myself, I reject my journey - and I don’t want to do that. So this is me taking ownership of all of the pieces. It’s trivial, but I’m sharing these intimate snapshots as a small act of rebellion against self judgement. I’m proud of the growth and evolution that I’ve undergone and I’m grateful for all of the moments, especially the tough ones that helped forge who I am today. I’m choosing to own my journey with compassion, in all of it’s embarrassing face-palm glory. Enjoy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523October 28, 2018 11:13 PM

R523 He writes as badly as he acts

by Anonymousreply 524October 28, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote] I’m a private person. I prefer mystery.

Yes, everyone that wants to be closeted tries this line. That is why you resort to hiding your boyfriend from on your social media and don't want red carpets with him.

by Anonymousreply 525October 28, 2018 11:20 PM

^^^^^^ If this were 20 years ago, I'd say cue the People mag cover, "Yep, I'm gay!"

by Anonymousreply 526October 28, 2018 11:24 PM

Murphy has said this season is about Cody Fern, Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson's characters, so sad they're given so poor material. If it weren't for the nostalgia factor, this season would be completely unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 527October 29, 2018 2:04 AM

I think Bates was fine in season 8. But Paulson and Peters... Yeah. It's almost hard to watch. I think it's time for them to move on. They both had a terrific history with the show, but everything comes to an end.

by Anonymousreply 528October 29, 2018 3:45 AM

I agree R528. They should both move on. They are both embarrassing themselves. Paulson especially should move on.

by Anonymousreply 529October 29, 2018 5:22 AM

This season aint shit until Siouxsie Sioux flies in on her broomstick and sends 'em all to hell.

by Anonymousreply 530October 29, 2018 5:52 AM

What do you all think of Sarah Paulson as director? I think she did a great job. The Jessica Lange 15 minute monologue was mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 531October 29, 2018 5:57 AM

R539

It's not on them, really, they were terrific just one year ago, in Cult. You can say anything about Cult as season, but both Paulson and especially Peters did tremendous job. This season they have nothing to do.

by Anonymousreply 532October 29, 2018 7:08 AM

I agree R532. Their characters were nuanced and multidimensional in Cult. And Peters and Paulson did some great work. This season has absolutely no character development. Same situation with Kathy Bates. In Coven KB played a horrific character BUT she was not without some redeeming qualities. She was multidimensional. This season she is just playing an evil character with absolutely no redeeming qualities. The writers are giving the actors nothing to work with.

by Anonymousreply 533October 29, 2018 8:14 AM

I'm surprised that more of you aren't discussing Sandra Bernhard in the upcoming episode.

As usual, she is over-the-top, and can't act her way out of a paper bag.

More stunt casting, while adding nothing to the plot or story.

by Anonymousreply 534October 29, 2018 9:24 AM

I think this season is simply good vs evil. That is fine but nobody other than God is perfect and nobody other than Satan is all bad. Fleshing out the characters more would have been a lot more satisfying. And it would have allowed the actors to shine. Hannibal Lector was so compelling because no matter how evil he was he still cared about Clarice. He wasn't a cartoon characiture.

by Anonymousreply 535October 29, 2018 9:31 AM

I think that Joan Colins, Adina Porter, etc are playing the same characters, but were put under some spell to not know who they really we're when they went to the bunker. Wasn't Adina's character supposed to an Oprah type? I suspect that issue will be cleared up over the next couple of episodes. I'm guessing all of it was Cordelia's plan.

by Anonymousreply 536October 29, 2018 6:31 PM

Adina was the same character, that is why Corderlia brought her back along with the other witches.

Joans Collins original character was not a witch, why she wasn't ressurrected.

by Anonymousreply 537October 29, 2018 6:36 PM

So Adina was a talk show host who happens to also be a voodoo priestess? That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 538October 29, 2018 6:46 PM

Yes r538. Apparently Dinah Stevens is a TV host and voodoo priest. We know she seems motivated to make as much money as possible so I guess does whatever she can.

by Anonymousreply 539October 29, 2018 6:50 PM

Does anyone but me think Adina Porter is a terrible actress?

by Anonymousreply 540October 29, 2018 8:41 PM

It has been posted over and over in this damn thread, so unless you are the one constantly doing it, it obviously isn't just you dear r540

by Anonymousreply 541October 29, 2018 8:49 PM

Sorry. No it wasn't me who posted here. Sorry for getting you riled up. That was not my intention. I love this site. You guys are the smartest funniest people on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 542October 29, 2018 9:41 PM

They fully explained in the last episode how Myrtle came back. Anyone whining about them not explaining it here was not watching even lazily--and it's really simple to look up on wikipedia or on the reviews for the episode how she was brought back (or to actually WATCH the episode on OnDemand). The explanation did not go by quickly, nor was it just a throwaway.

by Anonymousreply 543October 29, 2018 9:47 PM

I agree R543. That part was easy to understand. I personally loved the dynamic between Myrtle and Cordelia. Francis Conroy is fab. I think she should be given last credit after Kathy Bates.

by Anonymousreply 544October 29, 2018 9:55 PM

You're cute that you think the average DLer pays attention to anything other than how hot someone is.

by Anonymousreply 545October 29, 2018 10:07 PM

R540, there are two people that have openly been speaking about hating Adina's acting and you're one of two. So why don't you and the other one find one another and start a club?

by Anonymousreply 546October 29, 2018 10:12 PM

This is a confusing piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 547October 29, 2018 10:14 PM

I disagree R545. I am a straight 49 year old married woman with 3 children. You guys are smart and astute and funny. I have always felt included here. I think you are selling yourself short. And 546 I spent way more time criticizing Paulson and Peters. Please don't get offended. As I said I really enjoy this site.

by Anonymousreply 548October 29, 2018 10:17 PM

[quote]And 546 I spent way more time criticizing Paulson and Peters. Please don't get offended. As I said I really enjoy this site.

Hi R548. Welcome to Datalounge. There's no way to read how I'm feeling or what I'm saying in print. I'm, just saying exactly what I said. There are two people who don't like her acting that have posted in this thread and you two should talk since you asked if there was anybody else. LOL

Other News: There's a rumor that Angela Basset will appear in the finale of the show from the AHS leaks account which is usually 90% accurate. They are the account that always has behind the scenes video from the set. I guess after that interview where she said she wasn't asked back they found time to write her in since it didn't make sense that she wasn't there when nearly everyone else in creation was.

by Anonymousreply 549October 29, 2018 10:22 PM

R548 I'm not offended at all, particularly since you think I was referring to myself when I said nothing of the sort. Maybe I should be offended by your questionable comprehension skills?

by Anonymousreply 550October 29, 2018 10:25 PM

R549 Oh goody, great idea to introduce yet another character from the fucking awful 'Coven' season, fuck I hate Murphy

R550 That is subpar, call him a stupid fuck

by Anonymousreply 551October 29, 2018 10:28 PM

R550. I meant you in the collective not you particulary.

by Anonymousreply 552October 29, 2018 10:31 PM

I'm going to start naming myself so you know who I am.

by Anonymousreply 553October 29, 2018 10:35 PM

R552 Pardon me for not reading your mind or between the lines better.

by Anonymousreply 554October 29, 2018 10:47 PM

That's ok R554. I probably wasn't clear.

by Anonymousreply 555October 29, 2018 10:52 PM

I just hope the ending makes sense. And I hope they don't kill off Cordelia. I hope Mallory is the second coming of Christ and not the Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 556October 29, 2018 11:42 PM

R556 Make sense, or satisfying? You won't get both

by Anonymousreply 557October 29, 2018 11:44 PM

What makes you believe Bassett will be back as Marie Leveau?

Ramona Royale chomped on Queenie and now has witch blood coursing through her blaxploitation veins.

by Anonymousreply 558October 30, 2018 12:33 AM

Wouldn't have been smarter for this show to use Angela Basset instead of bringing this other actress I couldn't care less about? She reminded me of the wooden actress on Pose, another Murphy mess, which I surprisingly grew found of for some strange reason.

by Anonymousreply 559October 30, 2018 12:33 AM

The French AHS verified twitter account also posted this so it looks like she's back as Marie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560October 30, 2018 3:23 AM

reply 514... Dear Cunt, this is DATALOUNGE. By its very definition a BITCHY gay gossip board. So the people hate watching the show and pissing all over it are actually the ones fulfilling the very spirit of DL. I realize it's been taken over by sycophantic nincompoops by idiotic posters who argue that Jamie Lee should get an Oscar for Halloween; Train Wreck. But it's still DL, a place for heinous detestable bitches to gather and vomit all over Hollywood dreck.

So, if you feel out of place here, it's because YOU ARE. Now go die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 561October 30, 2018 3:42 AM

R561 Use your r's love

by Anonymousreply 562October 30, 2018 4:01 AM

Can Sandra Bernhardt act like anyone else, other than Sandra Bernhardt?

She's completely one-dimensional.

by Anonymousreply 563October 30, 2018 4:26 AM

what part can cody play when ryan does the movie of aaron Hernandez..... maybe an attorney or sumpin….

by Anonymousreply 564October 30, 2018 5:48 AM

I sat next to Sandra Bernhard at a Stevie Niicks concert. She was very nice and funny. I liked her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 565October 30, 2018 11:30 AM

Bebe from Frasier is in the next episode.

by Anonymousreply 566October 30, 2018 11:37 AM

Shoot marry kill. Evan Peters and Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson. Go.

by Anonymousreply 567October 30, 2018 10:30 PM

R567 Does shoot mean blow my load in his ass/face?

by Anonymousreply 568October 30, 2018 10:34 PM

I'm sorry. I meant shag marry and kill

by Anonymousreply 569October 30, 2018 10:35 PM

For me it would be shag Cheyenne Jackson kill Matt Bomer and marry Evan Peters.

by Anonymousreply 570October 30, 2018 11:01 PM

If anyone cares, BILLY PORTER will be on the Wendy Williams show tomorrow (10/31). I agree that he was better on POSE- he thinks he's on Broadway, the way he projects on AHS.

by Anonymousreply 571October 31, 2018 1:06 AM

R566, I initially read that as Bebe Neuwirth from “Frasier,” not the Bebe played by Harriet Sansom Harris.

I’m happy for Harris (who was just fantastic in her “Phantom Thread” cameo), and now want Neuwirth to show up. She’s just the type of actress Murphy likes to cast: middle-aged with Broadway pedigree, and can be as campy as required. If LuPone can do an arc, so can Lilith.

Fuck Bomer, marry Peters, kill Jackson, obviously. Step-kids rule out Matt for a marriage, cults rule out Cheyenne for even a hook-up.

by Anonymousreply 572October 31, 2018 5:08 AM

[quote]Can Sandra Bernhardt act like anyone else, other than Sandra Bernhardt?

She can't but I think that's exactly why people hire her.

Fuck Peters (because he seems like he'd be great at it), Marry Bomer (he seems like the kind of super attractive person that's lazy in bed and according to the legendary AHS behind the scenes thread, nice but boring) and kill Jackson (as someone else said, no culties).

The AHS behind the scenes gossip thread had some juicy tidbits in it if you missed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573October 31, 2018 6:45 AM

What cult is Cheyenne a part of?

by Anonymousreply 574October 31, 2018 9:40 AM

If I remember correctly, he was in Landmark Forum or something similar. One of those personal development scams that function like a decaf Scientology. There were many threads dissecting his personal life a few years ago that mercifully seem to have died down after going too crazy, like long-running celeb threads always do here.

by Anonymousreply 575October 31, 2018 2:59 PM

R562 Use THIS, dear. Go find that grease fire, it's waiting!

by Anonymousreply 576October 31, 2018 4:52 PM

Newest episode = pile of smelly feces.

Harriet Sansom Harris was very convincing as Madeline and Sarah Paulson was back as Venable (pre-Apocalypse version) but other than that it was the worst episode of the season. This show simply fails miserably when it tries to build the episode around new and random characters. Cody Fern isn't strong enough to be the lead, he was so boring.

by Anonymousreply 577October 31, 2018 6:40 PM

You're quite right, R577 - and what the fuck was up with those stupid wigs on Peters and Eichner?

by Anonymousreply 578October 31, 2018 6:51 PM

[R578] Those wigs were terrible. And I really hate them playing new characters over and over again. Why the fuck do they keep casting Eichner? He's a bottom of the barrel in terms of acting.

by Anonymousreply 579October 31, 2018 7:05 PM

Eichner and his shitty voice make my skin crawl

he mus be hung cause he is obnoxious as fuk

by Anonymousreply 580October 31, 2018 10:26 PM

R578, they were oddball cultists, like the Turpins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 31, 2018 11:35 PM

Eichner turns AHS into amateur hour.

by Anonymousreply 582November 1, 2018 12:15 AM

This makes no sense at all. None

by Anonymousreply 583November 1, 2018 2:41 AM

Its backstory....basically, we are learning how the robot Meade came into being, and we're meeting members of the so-called Cooperative.

by Anonymousreply 584November 1, 2018 2:44 AM

So....Venable would have known who Michael is...and that Meade was a robot BEFORE the bunker. THEN in the preview, it shows her demanding to know who and what the Cooperative is.

by Anonymousreply 585November 1, 2018 3:01 AM

This episode is beyond ridiculous - full of foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 586November 1, 2018 3:02 AM

Holy bad acting tonight.

by Anonymousreply 587November 1, 2018 3:25 AM

I love that Ryan Reynolds is Satans pass around bitch.

by Anonymousreply 588November 1, 2018 3:52 AM

Worst episode of the season (so far). The scenes with Sandra Bernhard were cringe-inducing. She was doing her usual comedy-shtick, which felt so out of place and unnecessary. So disappointing after a run of good episodes.

by Anonymousreply 589November 1, 2018 6:10 AM

Note: I think Venable is just these guys’ secretary. I don’t think they’ve shared the details of “The Coopertive” with her yet.

This episode was complete cringey trash. Sigh. I keep watching tho lol.

At least Asylum and Roanoke tried to scare you most episodes. Murder House is the only season which weaved a great overall creepy story IMO without being explicitly scary.

by Anonymousreply 590November 1, 2018 7:17 AM

My read of this show is that the creators and showrunners are basically daring FX to cancel it by making it as terrible as possible. I am halfway through last night’s episode. It is BAD TV. So bad. Bernhardt is unspeakably bad. The satanic cult is lame, totally neutered from any horrific quality by the way it is being treated. The extended flashback is tedious. Again, this season gets points for having a story, which makes it better than some seasons that were just series of freaky vignettes, but the story is so bad! Why can’t they just hire writers who will write a decent storyline and stick to it without awful distractions and idiotic campiness? Bernhardt’s presence makes me think of Andy Cohen (They’re friends, and he gave her a radio show.), and some aspects of him certainly could be horrific—I wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark steamroom full of needles—but mostly it’s just all bad, derivative camp. Dad jokes plus gay stereotypes plus devil worship stereotypes. This series belongs on Logo with The Lair.

by Anonymousreply 591November 1, 2018 10:23 AM

Harriet Sansom Harris didn’t take direction well...she did pretty well and obviously didn’t get the note this is a showcase for bad performances.

by Anonymousreply 592November 1, 2018 10:28 AM

Dear Ryan Murphy,

Your show is terrible. But I know how to make it better. Instead of casting Sarah Paulson in every other role and expecting her to master each one as if she is Meryl Streep, why not cast her in every single role? Make her the sexy young guy and the haggard old woman. Because we don’t watch a show called American Horror Story to be scared or for an engrossing story. We watch it because all of us have altars to Sarah Paulson in our bedrooms. We worship her because she is an actor with true star quality. That’s why she gets $25 million for every feature she leads!

Oh, wait, she has no charisma and couldn’t lead a rat out of a sinking ship. Never mind.

by Anonymousreply 593November 1, 2018 10:39 AM

The Antichrist can make people spontaneously combust but he needs coked up losers to run a 3-D printer.

by Anonymousreply 594November 1, 2018 10:45 AM

I was kind of wondering, R594, ,why he didn't have the power to resurrect her. Or, I mean, use the power since they established he can do shit like Cordelia can.

by Anonymousreply 595November 1, 2018 12:07 PM

R595 Right. He one-upped her on the seven wonders. He retrieved dead people from hell. It’s just poor writing from people whom I’m guessing care a lot more about sassy bitchy one-liners than a story with integrity. As a gay man, I’m really offended that everyone seems to have accepted gay men care only about fucking, hot bodies, glamour and bitchiness. I need story, not another pretty person with abs who can’t act. Go ahead and burn me at the stake for blasphemy, DL.

by Anonymousreply 596November 1, 2018 12:14 PM

They seemed to be *badly* infusing references to Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 597November 1, 2018 12:18 PM

This has been the only season that I have disliked. It's boring. I honestly could not care less how it ends. I'll keep watching since my husband likes it. Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson seemingly lost the ability to act. I am so disappointed because this is my favorite show. Is anyone else as disappointed as I am?

by Anonymousreply 598November 1, 2018 12:33 PM

R598 IMO this season started off more interestingly than what I’ve seen since the Coven season—and it predictably fell off the cliff immediately. Why is AHS your favoeite show? I think it’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 599November 1, 2018 12:36 PM

I really liked the last few post-bunker episodes, but the one last night was pretty terrible. It was fun seeing Sandra and Harriet, though.

by Anonymousreply 600November 1, 2018 12:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!