Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

On the set of American Horror Story

It was supposed to be one of those regular jobs. But I was super excited to be on an Emmy winning TV show again. Jessica Lange had always been one of my all time favorite actresses. She's a pleasant woman, always "Hello there, good morning etc." but she's not the type of person who likes to chat with others, Frances Conroy was more or less the same. Always about the work, all the time. Plus she can be pretty moody, especially to the younger members of the cast (looking at you, Emma Roberts). I was insulted [on numerous occasions] by the "lovely and pleasant" actress Gabourey Sidibe or whatever the fuck her name is. The nicest persons on that set are the males - especially Denis O'Hare and Evan Peters. Finn is an introvert and Cheyenne's got a lot of demons which is a shame. Kathy Bates (boy, the Southern accent is thicker than her thighs) is a nice woman although reserved, the show sort of saved her life and dug her out of depression.

Ask me anything.

by Anonymousreply 510April 2, 2019 10:25 PM

What about Matt Bomer?

by Anonymousreply 1October 8, 2016 2:00 PM

What was your job, and how did you come by such intimate knowledge of Miss Bates? I found Finn (met @ Juilliard) to be a gentle extrovert.

by Anonymousreply 2October 8, 2016 2:02 PM

Does Gabourey Sidibe get hangry in 15 or 20 minute intervals? Does she like being called "Precious"?

by Anonymousreply 3October 8, 2016 2:06 PM

Spill more on Gabourey please! She was just on WWHL gabbing it up with Jussie Smollet; she seemed like fun.

And yes, I agree, I've met Denis O'Hare and he is as approachable and as down to earth as can be.

by Anonymousreply 4October 8, 2016 2:07 PM

Isn't the set filled with the ammonia-y/urine-y smell? How do you deal with it? Did you grab any of them by the pussy?

by Anonymousreply 5October 8, 2016 2:11 PM

I don't know much about Finn but it's possible that he was uncomfortable on the set and the whole environment felt foreign to him. He might be a different person when he's around his mates.

Abot Kathy - she was very sad when she came on board for Coven but the work turned her into a playful child, she found herself again on the show and that's why she is so grateful. I adore her. I thinks she truly and honestly admired Jessica, maybe not entirely in a platonic way.

Gabourey made fun of me because of my sexual orientation and that tells you what you need to know. She didn't eat as much as you'd think but there was a time on the set right before Christmas '13 when she collapsed and they had to call her an ambulance.

by Anonymousreply 6October 8, 2016 2:13 PM

There was a lot of reports around the time she got her oscar nom for "Precious" that Gabourey was a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7October 8, 2016 2:16 PM

Are you still working there? What's the format shift? I'm really bored of this season.

What's Emma Roberts like?

by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2016 2:16 PM

Tell the truth, they really DON'T have an endgame in mind when they plot out a season, right?

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2016 2:18 PM

It seems like they didn't have a beginning in mind this season.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2016 2:23 PM

No, it usually changes as they go along. I'm no longer there, my work is now on Feud.

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2016 2:24 PM

How are Jessica and Susan doing with their Crawford and Davis performances? Are they believable?

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2016 2:27 PM

How smacked out is Evan Peters? He looks as though he's been clawing at his face whenever I see him (talk shows, etc.) and he looked so beautiful in the first series.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2016 2:29 PM

I never thought that I'd say something like this but Susan is much better (at least in my opinion), Jessica brings the same craziness from Elsa Mars and Sister Jude. She is very predictable as Joan. Still 6 more episodes to film.

[R13] That's just his personality. Oh and his weight always fluctuates.

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2016 2:32 PM

I'm glad that AHS helped Kathy Bates. She's admitted that she was in a real funk because her previous series was suddenly cancelled, she fought cancer, and the phone was not ringing for acting roles. AHS really brought her out of her depression.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Disappointed in Gabourey.

by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2016 2:52 PM

Based on gossip previously reported on DL, I assume "Finn is an introvert" is code for "Finn spent a lot of time in other people's trailers."

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2016 3:00 PM

[R17] Well, he is very close to Denis and Evan :)

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2016 3:10 PM

Not that I think Finn must be a closet case, but I remember shocked when I found out he was straight. I only knew him from "Masters of Sex" and "A Normal Heart" which were both gay roles, so I just sort of assumed he was.

by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2016 3:28 PM

How bad is the competition? Is Murphy really easy to influence by what the actors want?

Someone wrote here in the past the O'Hara had a sex scene with Finn in Hotel because O'Hara asked for it, and not necessarily because that was the part of the original plot. It made sense because how patchy things were, but I'm curious to know if that's realy how things used to work. The new season feels very different.

by Anonymousreply 20October 8, 2016 3:30 PM

[R20] When Ryan likes and respects you, he is also very loyal. He listens to the suggestions the actors make and he tries to accomodate them.

Finn is a bisexual, at least that's my info.

by Anonymousreply 21October 8, 2016 4:23 PM

[quote]Finn is a bisexual

Interesting. Any male hook ups you've heard about that you can pass along to us?

And that is hilarious if Denis really did request a sex scene with Finn. Hey who can blame the guy.

by Anonymousreply 22October 8, 2016 4:36 PM

Thanks, R21!

by Anonymousreply 23October 8, 2016 4:36 PM

Also tell Ryan to gay it up with Evan already. I'm shocked that over his many seasons of working for Murphy, Evan Peters has never had to do anything gay.

by Anonymousreply 24October 8, 2016 4:41 PM

Okay, let me say that I am not a Gabourey fan. All you have to do is listen to her in interviews, and you can tell that she is slightly obnoxious, silly, and immature. And she talks really loud.

That said, when you grow up looking like her, I am not at all surprised that she had to develop a thick skin, and an "I don't give a fuck attitude." You can only be beaten down so much, and you're either going to crumple up into a ball and die, or you're going to fight back.

I think that her stank attitude nowdays is the result of being picked on - incessantly. Just look at the threads on Datalounge, and you get a taste of the vitriol hurled at her.

So on the one hand, I do think that her personality probably rubs people the wrong way. She is not really great with her social skills. But on the other hand, she has a right to be the way that she is, because I am 100% sure that she has been bullied throughout her life. I'm not her biggest fan, but I do sympathize with her.

As for Finn, I think it's hot that he's bisexual and introverted. It adds a bit of depth to him that seemed to be lacking. Before this information, I thought that he was just your typical pretty boy actor who had everything handed to him.

I have been a huge fan of Evan ever since season one. I'm interested in his "weight fluctuation." Any idea what that's all about? Overall, he must be a good actor, because he has been in many popular movies, in addition to AHS.

I've also been a fan of Kathy Bates, so I'm happy when I hear about an aging actress whose phone stopped ringing, and then all of sudden has a career resurgence. I think that Ryan Murphy is very cognizant of the way that gay actors and older actresses are treated in Hollywood, and he has a place for them. I really respect him for that.

Probably the most controversial thing I have to say about this is that I feel that Jessica Lange is over-rated. I really liked her in Season 1 of AHS, and as I said, I have an appreciation for older actresses who were down and out, and then have a comeback. Truthfully, Jessica was a mess. She was with Sam Shepherd, and she was only in the news for her drinking, and her blowout fights with Sam. It wasn't pretty.

Also, I think that her acting is one-dimensional. It's usually always the same breathy, aloof, soft-spoken portrayal of a character, no matter what role she's playing. It got old after a couple of seasons.

Even though the series has been hit or miss, I think that Ryan Murphy consistently has some of the best casts assembled on television.

Thanks for the gossip, op!

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2016 5:24 PM

Thanks for the gossip, OP! Still, someone has to say it...

Darling, do NOT tell us too much about yourself! Both because there's the possibility that this could get back to your employers, and because this place has some really nasty cunts who will start throwing vitriol at you and your thread just because they don't like to see anyone else become popular (and because the intrinsically unverifiable nature of gossip disturbs triggers them, why the fuck are they on a gossip forum). They'll call you a fake and a liar and stalk everything you posted on this forum and generally make the thread so unpleasant that nobody but them will come in, and a couple are so unstable they'll try to stalk you onto the rest of the net and into real life.

They are the reason we never get gossip any more, and the webmistress ought to ban them permanently just to make the Datalounge more fun.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2016 5:33 PM

Anything about Matt Bomer? Please?

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2016 5:39 PM

[quote]It's usually always the same breathy, aloof, soft-spoken portrayal of a character, no matter what role she's playing.

That wasn't the case on the stage in "Long Days Journey into Night." She was remarkably "multi-voiced"--fluttering like a schoolgirl's one minute, growling like a panther the next. It was a multilayered performance and it's a shame many only know her from AHS.

I think Kathy is doing great work so far this season. And she's looking fabulous with the weight loss. Glad to hear she's in good spirits after a period of depression. She has spoken previously of her and awe of Lange, and how she is the embodiment of glamorous movie star. Any info on Angela? What's the deal with Cheyenne?

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2016 5:42 PM

[quote]Anything about Matt Bomer? Please?

Nobody gives two shits about Matt Bomer. He has all the depth of a doorknob.

Glad to hear that Kathy Bates is a good egg in real life, she's always been one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2016 6:54 PM

[quote] Jessica Lange had always been one of my all time favorite actresses. She's a pleasant woman, always "Hello there, good morning etc." but she's not the type of person who likes to chat with others, Frances Conroy was more or less the same. Always about the work, all the time.

How dare they be there to work on the set! Don't they know their job should be to chill with you!

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2016 6:59 PM

[R28] Angela is one of those decent intelligent people, she is amazing. Cheyene is quiet, often very tired and he tends to drift off which is not a good thing for an actor. But he seems to be quite popular among the cast members.

And by the way ... I loved being around Stefani / Gaga, she's nicer than you might think.

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2016 7:05 PM

Finn was upset without his "mates?" Gabourey is homophobic yet Billy Eichner cast her on his tv show and is best friends with Jussie Smollett? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 32October 8, 2016 7:12 PM

R21, I'm guessing from your comments that Evan Peters is bi, too?

by Anonymousreply 33October 8, 2016 7:14 PM

[quote]Plus she can be pretty moody, especially to the younger members of the cast (looking at you, Emma Roberts).

Would you care to elaborate? Did Emma get on Lange's bad side, or is this Conroy you're talking about?

by Anonymousreply 34October 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Love hearing that AHS turned out to be such a positive in Kathy Bates's life and career. She fucking brings it to every scene she's in. Her commitment to the material is practically heroic.

by Anonymousreply 35October 8, 2016 7:21 PM

OP = Cater Waiter

by Anonymousreply 36October 8, 2016 7:24 PM

got to r36 before the snide showed up... thanks OP for posting

by Anonymousreply 37October 8, 2016 7:28 PM

I wish Ryan Murphy would cast Faye Dunaway as something in AHS. I would love to see Faye have a bit of a career resurgence.

by Anonymousreply 38October 8, 2016 8:00 PM

[quote] I wish Ryan Murphy would cast Faye Dunaway as something in AHS. I would love to see Faye have a bit of a career resurgence.

She's certainly an American Horror with a Story!

by Anonymousreply 39October 8, 2016 8:21 PM

giggle - that was funny.....you cunt...

by Anonymousreply 40October 8, 2016 8:32 PM

R34, OP was talking about Conroy at that point - she's the one who's not having Emma Roberts

Speaking of Emma Roberts, she always plays a bitch, both on AHS and Scream Queens. Is it a case of "takes one to play one"?

by Anonymousreply 41October 8, 2016 9:26 PM

I'd love to believe that Finn is bisexual, but he's been married to his girlfriend from Juilliard since 2014.

Does he have an open marriage with his wife?

by Anonymousreply 42October 8, 2016 9:31 PM

I know Patty Duke has passed away and this can not happen now, but I always wished that Ryan Murphy would have given her a role in his American Horror Story series. I know she worked for Ryan on Glee, I wish he would have used her on some of his other shows. I always wonder why he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 43October 8, 2016 10:28 PM

OP, is there any truth to the rumors that Emma Roberts used to physically abuse Evan Peters?

by Anonymousreply 44October 8, 2016 10:31 PM

Sorry if this is a reposting but my other one didn't seem to go through. I always wondered and wish that Ryan Murphy would have used Patty Duke in one of his other series besides Glee. I thought she would have been perfect in any of the roles on the American Horror Story series.

by Anonymousreply 45October 8, 2016 10:31 PM

R44, here's a picture of the purported abuser and her victim together. How much damage do you think she could do?

Bearing in mind that those heels make her look bigger than she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 8, 2016 10:50 PM

Finn Wittrock is 5'9"

by Anonymousreply 47October 8, 2016 10:55 PM

I LOVE YOU r26

by Anonymousreply 48October 8, 2016 11:30 PM

I love that Faye Dunaway idea.... American Horror Story: Hollywood Royalty Edition!

by Anonymousreply 49October 8, 2016 11:32 PM

OP did you by any chance see David Naughton when he filmed his brief cameo in Hotel? Details if so?

by Anonymousreply 50October 8, 2016 11:48 PM

OP must be a white gay unnerved by Gabourey's "yasss queen" style humor. I've met her and she's funny and constantly surrounded by gay men. Not homophobic in the least.

Any more gay gossip? Who has slept with who? Does Ryan really fuck the "talent"? Did Evan get that first role on the casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 51October 8, 2016 11:59 PM

Please more about Evan. They jailed Emma for domestic abuse when she gave him a black eye last year. I hate that he's dating her.

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2016 12:14 AM

I think Gabourey would intimidate me more than Lange or Conroy.

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2016 12:23 AM

Brang me mah food, Precious!

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2016 12:23 AM

If I were Kathy Bates, I'd go up to Jessica Lange and say, "You thought you were going to get cast in Misery, but you weren't were you? That's because the movie needed a *real* actress. So, suck it bitch."

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2016 1:09 AM

r55 or compliment her on her method acting in Francis, I couldn't even see a Francis Farmer as Francis now.. it was so natural, just like I'm talking with you here now. You truly are the Faye Dunaway of our time.

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2016 1:24 AM

R55 and others. Bates and Lange have been buddies since way back when they did Men Don't Leave - (one of Lange's best underrated performances).

by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2016 1:38 AM

Would the Jessica Lange/Kathy Bates fanboys/womyn kindly go fap about them elsewhere? We were discussing important things, like Evan Peters potentially fucking Finn Flintstone.

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2016 1:47 AM

Jessica Lange is the most "mannered" actress there is. If someone chopped off her hands, it would be the end of her acting career. I guess she learned that hand business from her time with Marcel Marceau.

by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2016 2:33 AM

R30 Agree!

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2016 2:48 AM

R59, Étienne Decroux, not Marcel Marceau.

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2016 3:35 AM

Was Jessica nice to the Gummer girl?

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2016 3:43 AM

Was Dylan McDermott really nude for his fapping scene in S1? No cock sock?

by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2016 4:00 AM

Now see... R63 has an IMPORTANT question.

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2016 4:33 AM

r62, since OP came on to the show when Kathy Bates was on, I doubt he would know. Kathy Bates was only added for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2016 4:35 AM

Thanks for the insight OP! much appreciated!

by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2016 5:12 AM

R65, The Gummer girl was in seasons 3 and 4.

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2016 5:29 AM

I'll chime in and say I've also met Denis O'Hare and he is one of the nicest men you'll ever meet. A real sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2016 5:32 AM

I heard rumors that Ryan Murphy got fisted by the seal boy. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2016 6:41 AM

Also at the wrap party, I heard Cheyenne, Evan, Finn, Matt, Wes, Darren Criss and Max Greenfield all took out their cocks and jerked off into Ryan's open mouth. Is that true?

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2016 6:45 AM

[Quote] Also at the wrap party, I heard Cheyenne, Evan, Finn, Matt, Wes, Darren Criss and Max Greenfield all took out their cocks and jerked off into Ryan's open mouth. Is that true?

Now there's a visual.

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2016 6:59 AM

OP sounds like a racist female, probably the same one behind Fake Femme and Sec Guy. R26, are you the person who said in the Femme thread it's all the same whether these anonymous stories are true or not?

by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2016 7:25 AM

I need to hear more about "Cheyenne's demons" and anything about Matt Bomer would be appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 73October 9, 2016 10:23 AM

[quote]OP did you by any chance see David Naughton when he filmed his brief cameo in Hotel? Details if so?

Who?

by Anonymousreply 74October 9, 2016 1:36 PM

Cheyenne has always seemed like a bipolar person to me. I don't know much about his personal life but it seems to me that he isn't very happy in his marriage and regrets the end of his first marriage. He used to hang out with Stefani and Denis during the downtime.

Emma is one of those 'dumber than a box of rocks' girls. She ain't bright at all but must be very good in bed since Evan keeps coming back. But quite frankly, people like Evan doesn't have a lot of options dating-wise. He is surrounded by dumb (mostly) teenage fangirls who want to get laid by him.

by Anonymousreply 75October 9, 2016 1:41 PM

R74 lead actor of American Werewolf in London (& appreciated by DL for his oft nakedness in the movie)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 9, 2016 4:24 PM

CUNT BUMP!!

by Anonymousreply 77October 11, 2016 7:01 PM

[quote] Also tell Ryan to gay it up with Evan already. I'm shocked that over his many seasons of working for Murphy, Evan Peters has never had to do anything gay.

Ask and ye shall receive R24! Happy to report that Evan just had his first man on man make-out session last night on the show.

by Anonymousreply 78October 13, 2016 5:11 PM

[quote]OP did you by any chance see David Naughton when he filmed his brief cameo in Hotel? Details if so?

Not the OP but what episode was he in?

by Anonymousreply 79October 13, 2016 5:17 PM

I Second the idea to add Faye Dunaway to the series - dear god that would be remarkable. It would be great to see her exercise those acting chops again. I think that Conroy, Bates and Bassett would be very kind to her. Hope Dunaway would return to he favor and not Be too defensive. Just a GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!

by Anonymousreply 80October 13, 2016 7:11 PM

R55, Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates starred in "Men Don't Leave" together in 1990. I hardly believe she thinks that about Lange or would even say it.

I agree with the poster lauding Lange's range in "Long Day's Journey Into Night." That was the best performance, male or female, I've ever seen on stage. It was astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 81October 13, 2016 8:05 PM

Not a good idea, [R80] . While Dunaway is a good actress, particularly good at playing bitchy and creepy characters, I don't think that she'd be able to handle a regular character on this show. She's gone through a very serious illness fairly recently and she's just slowly coming back to acting. Ryan doesn't like drama and Ms. Dunaway, bless her heart, she gets so lost in her work that she simply assumes that there is always enough time, money and patience to accomodate her complicated needs and making her a priority on the set.

by Anonymousreply 82October 13, 2016 10:04 PM

In other words, r82, she's a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 83October 13, 2016 10:49 PM

What illness did she have?

by Anonymousreply 84October 13, 2016 10:55 PM

Well, that's one way to put it. [R83] Some people say that about Jessica as well because she's always so hard on the scripts. She used to make suggestions for her characters throughout her entire run on the show. It was her idea to get Constance a young lover in the first season, also Sister Jude's entire backstory was her idea, Fiona's ending and she basically created the entire Elsa Mars personality and Ryan told the writers what to do.

I've heard she had cancer. Not sure what kind. [R84]

by Anonymousreply 85October 13, 2016 11:03 PM

She should be happy she's getting the work, R85. She's someone whose legacy far exceeds her talent.

You mentioned up thread that Evan was seen in a male actor's trailer. Is he bi?

by Anonymousreply 86October 13, 2016 11:12 PM

OP you're an early christmas present for the regular AHS fan.

Sooooo, how close are Evan and Finn, hmmm?

by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2016 11:13 PM

I'm imagining Faye screaming "EVERYONE OUT OF MY EYE LINE!" to the cast and crew with Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates present.

by Anonymousreply 88October 13, 2016 11:16 PM

Thank you to Marcus for all of your scoop!

by Anonymousreply 89October 13, 2016 11:18 PM

And knowing Angela and Kathy, they probably would get out of her eye line. They don't have the patience for such behavior. Jessica would probably not be so kind. And Sarah would literally shit her pants, NOT KIDDING.

About Evan - yes, he was close to Finn because he didn't really interact with the ladies. He wasn't very close to Taissa, not that I know of. Evan would usually spend time with Emma who wouldn't let him breathe, poor guy. She was always making demands and arguing with him. That girl is an eternally unhappy person. He was much more relaxed when she left to film Scream Queens. Finn was a new kid on the block and he shared some screentime with Evan so they became buddies. Thank God he was there for him because Frances can be very unpredictable, she barely talked to her co-stars at all. But he seemed to enjoy working with Sarah who is always in a good mood and she seems genuinely happy when she's on the set.

Then there were guys like James Cromwell and Michael Chiklis who just didn't fit in, didn't feel comfortable with their experience on the show and I doubt that they'd ever come back.

by Anonymousreply 90October 13, 2016 11:38 PM

Marcus, tell us more about Stefani/Gaga. Where was she at in her life? Did she talk about moving away from popular music? How was she sweet?

by Anonymousreply 91October 13, 2016 11:52 PM

Is Frances shy or something?

by Anonymousreply 92October 14, 2016 12:14 AM

OP do you have friends who worked on the set of Nip/Tuck. I would love to hear about stuff from that show.

by Anonymousreply 93October 14, 2016 12:15 AM

More about "Feud", please!

So Lange brings the pathos just like she knows her fans want her to. Besides, no one does crazy better than Lange.

How is her voice? Is she attempting - or rather, are she and Sarandon attempting to sound like Joan and Bette? Also, how is there chemistry together? Do they get along offset?

by Anonymousreply 94October 14, 2016 12:22 AM

I loved seeing Evan kissing his lover. It was bliss.

by Anonymousreply 95October 14, 2016 12:24 AM

Bette had such a distinctive voice, if Susan doesn't attempt to do it as best she can, it's going to throw off her whole performance.

by Anonymousreply 96October 14, 2016 12:25 AM

Not OP, R94, but I'm guessing Lange will have the same Southern lilt she has in everything and then do that dismissive growl thing she does when she's upset.

Throw a nun's habit, strait-jacket, or prosthetic legs on the woman, and you'll get the same exact character every time.

There was little lost when she departed AHS a few seasons back.

by Anonymousreply 97October 14, 2016 12:27 AM

R96. Regardless of the outcome, Lange and Sarandon are both some brave bitches. Not only do they have to imitate two legends, they have to recreate two of their most legendary performances.

Like, Dan. They have quite a mountain to climb.

by Anonymousreply 98October 14, 2016 12:28 AM

Stefani is a lovely person but you can tell that it's not easy being her. I've had two conversations with her towards the end of the season, it was in early December last year. She was waiting on the set to film the scene where Wes Bentley's character kills The Countess, they were some delays. Let me tell you one thing - she's very careful around people. I don't blame her, there had been some disturbing incidents with stalkers. She's a very grounded person and she's much more intelligent than you might think. There's always that problem - she never knows if people like her for being Lady Gaga or if they actually like her as herself, Stefani, and see her like an actual human being. But they rarely look beyond the 'surface', that Gaga shit is just drag. It's a character, a product. I didn't ask her about the music but the funny thing was that we mostly talked about me and my life. She seems interested in other people's lives because she feels lonely. Fame must be very isolating. And the other time talked (although very briefly) was a few weeks prior to that when I grabbed a smoke and she was outside smoking a cigarette with Chloe and asked me to join them because I "looked so sad being by myself". My stupid reaction was to look behind me, it never occured to me that she was talking to me.

[R92] Yes, she is. But she is one of those actors who need to be left alone and focus. Sarah once asked her if she was on Twitter and Frances seemed appalled, she called it a distraction.

[R93] What do you need to know? I can ask.

[R94] They get along beautifully. Jessica does her thing and Susan (I love her btw) seems more like a parody of Davis but not in a bad sense. Ryan gave them some pretty extensive homework to do. This is a risky subject that can only go either way.

by Anonymousreply 99October 14, 2016 12:29 AM

[quote]Sarah once asked her if she was on Twitter and Frances seemed appalled, she called it a distraction.

My kind of gal.

by Anonymousreply 100October 14, 2016 12:34 AM

R97. Say that to her fans. That's why AHS has continued to tank since she left.

Also, she uses her voice and its magnificent range to wondrous effect throughout AHS:

Soft, high, flitting as Constance with a wonderful Virginian twang.

Deep, resonant and utterly Bostonian as Jude.

Again, her deep register is in full effect here with the subtlest New Orleans drawl as Fiona.

And, she ended me as Elsa Mars Marlene Dietrich, with a German accent full of spunk and dramatics just like that old legend Dietrich. She should play her in a bio. I didnt8"get" Elsa until I started watching Dietrich interviews from late in her career before she became a recluse.

by Anonymousreply 101October 14, 2016 12:35 AM

so Evan is scared to interact with the women because of backlash from Emma? Poor guy. And is it true that they're both HUGE cokeheads?

by Anonymousreply 102October 14, 2016 12:36 AM

R99 Thank you for the reply!

I'm glad they get along.

Give me something positive about both of their performances in "Feud" - so far - that has surprised or excited you?

by Anonymousreply 103October 14, 2016 12:37 AM

Lange and Conroy seemed to get along and be "cut from the same cloth". Did they?

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2016 12:39 AM

Hahaha! Francis Conroy admonishing Sara Paulsin would've been sublime to behold.

That botch is such a social climber. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2016 12:42 AM

Frances Conroy sounds like a lazy-eyed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2016 12:46 AM

R106 Better than a lisping frog.

by Anonymousreply 107October 14, 2016 12:51 AM

Yes, Jessica and Frances are more similar than not. They enjoyed each other's company and loved to act together. Frances (and Kathy) seemed to be a little bit intimidated by her although it's obvious how much they admire her. But Jessica is much more pleasant and she is quite a flirt when the mood strikes her. This is going to sound bitchy but I think she's one of those women who don't know how to act their age, it's like she doesn't realize that she's not that sexpot anymore.

Regarding Feud. It reminded me of how amazing of an actress Susan Sarandon is. She was kind of lost in (mostly) supporting parts in forgettable indies for the past decade so this is truly fantastic for her and she got her chance to shine again.

by Anonymousreply 108October 14, 2016 12:54 AM

R108 Thanks for the replies!

I don't think there's anything wrong with Lange being flirty. I love it, especially after all of those years she seemed beaten down by the massive depressions she's often talked about battling. I also don't think it indicates that she thinks she's still a sexpot, though she is still very sexy.

As for Sarandon, I've been saying that she's going to win the Emmy for this. She's due, Bette Davis is a showishowier personality than Joan Crawford and I'm sure she's killing it.

Now, I want to know: is Lange serving us Joan Crawford's voice? How is she portraying her?

She was insanely good in "Sweet Dreams" and "Grey Gardens" where she was able to mimic Clone and Big Edie' s voices perfectly.

Please let us know! Thanks xoxo

by Anonymousreply 109October 14, 2016 1:03 AM

Marcus I have a weird question. Did Finn look as hot in person as he did on camera in that goth/emo look he had during Hotel?

by Anonymousreply 110October 14, 2016 1:08 AM

She's serving the voice but she is very careful with the performance. It's such a thin line and she knows it. She seems to be more subtle, even with the meltdown scenes. She definitely made her more human than Dunaway in Mommie Dearest. I'm more than convinced that they both will get nominated (and possibly win) for this piece. You'll see it in spring.

Jessica is a fan of dirty jokes and I remember when they were doing a scene in Freakshow with Sarah (it was the first ep) and Sarah took a drag of Jessica's cigarette and the other head was supposed to exhale the smoke. Jessica said something like: "So if this head blows a guy, the other one spits out the goodies?" Imagine the laughs this line received.

[110] He looks much better in person, camera doesn't do him justice.

by Anonymousreply 111October 14, 2016 1:16 AM

I can't wait for Feud. I think Bette Davis needs a pop culture revival.

by Anonymousreply 112October 14, 2016 1:37 AM

R97, Did you even watch those seasons? In Asylum, Jessica had a Bostonian accent, for Freakshow, she was German. I don't even remember whether she was Southern or not in Coven, but she didn't sound like she did in Murder House.

by Anonymousreply 113October 14, 2016 2:16 AM

R85, I think the difference between Faye and Jessica is Faye is notorious for keeping people waiting while she got her hair and makeup done to perfection (at least, when she was younger; don't know if this has changed). This drove directors, cast, and crew insane with rage. Jessica, from what I hear, isn't as vain and hates to waste time. She becomes moody if she has to spend any more time than necessary on the set.

by Anonymousreply 114October 14, 2016 2:29 AM

[quote] There's always that problem - she never knows if people like her for being Lady Gaga or if they actually like her as herself, Stefani, and see her like an actual human being. But they rarely look beyond the 'surface', that Gaga shit is just drag. It's a character, a product.

That's entirely her own fault.

by Anonymousreply 115October 14, 2016 2:45 AM

R111 Thank you so much for answering my questions re: Lange and "Feud"!

Based on your description, I'm even more excited now!

Have you seen any of the other cast members performing on "Feud"?

by Anonymousreply 116October 14, 2016 2:51 AM

How's our fave CZJ doing? Still passing for 33?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117October 14, 2016 3:17 AM

I'm 32!

by Anonymousreply 118October 14, 2016 3:36 AM

It's great to read that Lange is both professional but cool and flirty off set.

With how intense her performances are, I always figured her to be less social. I mean, she's even said that she's rather reclusive and moody during filming, but it's good to see she can cut loose and have fun.

I truly love Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 119October 14, 2016 3:45 AM

Do the Ryan Murphy casting couch rumors have a ring of truth to them or are they heavily exaggerated? How involved socially does he get with the actors? Are any of the other writers/directors as messy and celebrity-obsessed?

by Anonymousreply 120October 14, 2016 3:48 AM

Sort od echoing R120, OP tell us about Ryan Murphy. Not from a gossip or personal life aspect, but what he's like while directing and what you know about his creative process. Not all his output is stellar, but enough of it is truly amazing (People vs. OJ, The Normal Heart), and he seems to be a real risk-taker and a true creative juggernaut. I find his work fascinating, what say you as an insider?

by Anonymousreply 121October 14, 2016 4:23 AM

Write about Bomer. This is a gay message board for gods sake.

by Anonymousreply 122October 14, 2016 4:51 AM

Must agree. Please write all you know of Bomer. Was he totally nude on set? Verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 123October 14, 2016 5:27 AM

Yeah,why is Bomer ignored?

by Anonymousreply 124October 14, 2016 9:44 AM

I heard that they had to hire a tent maker to construct Gaborey Silbedibbie's clothes for "Coven". Can you confirm?

by Anonymousreply 125October 14, 2016 11:06 AM

Thank you for sharing your great stories, OP! During your time on "AHS", did you have any interactions with Max Greenfield?

by Anonymousreply 126October 14, 2016 11:51 AM

How was Gracie? Did she behave?

by Anonymousreply 127October 14, 2016 12:07 PM

Concerning Sidibe, is it true that she was transported to the set on a flat bed truck? Did she have her own craft service trough? Was their special structural engineering for sets she on? Did she fit in her trailer's bathroom or did she have to use the field behind it? Did she use the makeup chair or was scaffolding just placed around her for the crew to use?

by Anonymousreply 128October 14, 2016 1:12 PM

OP is behind the [italic]I had an affair with a "straight" friend who is getting married soon[/italic]-thread.

Such exciting life you lead, Marcus a.k.a. Denis the Penis.

by Anonymousreply 129October 14, 2016 1:22 PM

Innerestin' R129.

by Anonymousreply 130October 14, 2016 1:26 PM

Really, r129. Well, gosh. I don't like this thread as much now.

by Anonymousreply 131October 14, 2016 1:52 PM

I want more info!

by Anonymousreply 132October 14, 2016 2:11 PM

More about Kathy perhaps being a good ole dyke, please.

by Anonymousreply 133October 14, 2016 3:09 PM

R112, I was ill yesterday and happened upon a Dick Cavett with Miss Davis (It was the anniversary of the release of All About Eve yesterday). She looked divine in her black seal cape, matching cap, satin gloves, tinted glasses and black go go boots. She was stylish in her own way, and has such a great view on life-those old talk shows really talked to the stars. She wasn't there to promote anything.

I agree; Bette's renaissance is overdue.

by Anonymousreply 134October 14, 2016 3:28 PM

r134 I've seen that Bette Davis interview with Dick Cavett on Youtube and it was enthralling. What an intelligent and quick-witted woman she was. They don't make 'em like that anymore. Today's celebrities are so dumbed down by comparison, with the exception of only a few.

by Anonymousreply 135October 14, 2016 6:29 PM

R79 he was in episode 3 of hotel as a producer that Angela Basset's character meets with (very briefly!)

by Anonymousreply 136October 14, 2016 6:44 PM

That wasn't brother James, r136?

by Anonymousreply 137October 14, 2016 7:07 PM

NVM - I just googled. It was David. Didn't recognize him at the time.

by Anonymousreply 138October 14, 2016 7:09 PM

God it's so good to have actual gossip and insider knowledge on DL again. It's been forever. Thank you, Marcus. x

by Anonymousreply 139October 14, 2016 7:16 PM

[quote]Jessica Lange is the most "mannered" actress there is.

That's 2 time Oscar, 5 time Golden Globe, 3 time Emmy and SAG Award winner Jessica Lange is the most "mannered" actress there is to you, Cunt? M'kay?

by Anonymousreply 140October 14, 2016 7:32 PM

R104 You forgot to mention her Tony Award and 3 Dorian Awards.

Meryl Streep is the most mannered actress, actually. She can't do anything with running her nose, scratching behind her ears, or pursing her lips.

by Anonymousreply 141October 14, 2016 7:38 PM

*without rubbing her nose

by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2016 7:39 PM

Still waiting for some info on Matt B. Please?

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2016 7:40 PM

SPILL THE BOMER BEANS BITCH!!!

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2016 8:52 PM

Faye completed her recurring character role in Hand of God this summer, so saying she's not up to doing a role on a series has already been disproved by her own actions. C U N T

by Anonymousreply 145October 14, 2016 10:39 PM

Proven troll thread?

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2016 10:46 PM

Nah, she was a cunt on the set, r145. Trust in Me.

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2016 10:51 PM

Maybe Simon threatened Marcus not to talk about his Matty.

by Anonymousreply 148October 14, 2016 11:31 PM

Maybe Marcus likes Matt.

by Anonymousreply 149October 14, 2016 11:44 PM

Nobody really gives a shit about Bomer except for the few obsessives here.

by Anonymousreply 150October 14, 2016 11:48 PM

I'd also like to hear more about Wes Bentley, who I find sexy as hell. And Bomer.

by Anonymousreply 151October 14, 2016 11:54 PM

I'm here, folks. No need to call me a cunt. I'm not Faye's doctor and I'd never seen Hand of God. If you think I'm a troll, just shut me down and delete this. I don't care. And yes, sadly, my personal life (if you can call it a life) is a bloody mess right now.

Some of you keep asking me about Ryan. It's hard to describe his personality, he is a professional although sort of mysterious guy. We don't socialize that much outside of work, I'm very grateful to him because I've been able to pay off my house thanks to his loyalty. When he likes you and sees that you love the work, make the best of it, enjoy the opportunity then he keeps you around. He's friendly with some of the cast members (not just on AHS), some of them visit his home on regular basis, look up to him and even consider him a father figure. He's enormously talented but his shows lack substance at some point. It's hard to sustain then storylines because of poor planning and the inability to see beyond an interesting idea. While I consider him a genius in his own league I must complain about the fact that he doesn't know how to accept criticism. I blame FX for this, Mr. Landgraf convinced him that he's a TV God who created the best shows of this decade. And that's the worst that can happen, once you believe that you're flawless, it can only go downhill from there. Believe me, 99.9% of those people wouldn't be his friends if he didn't give them jobs, revive their careers etc. Someone mentioned casting couch. That's bullshit. Ryan is the most asexual person I've ever known. As for the creative process - he seems to enjoy directing much more than writing, that's sort of slowing down, maybe he doesn't enjoy it as much as he used to. But many people write scripts so they can move on to directing at some point. Anyway, producing four shows at the same time ... well, not the best idea.

There's nothing interesting about Wes Bentley. Some people say that he's a huge drug addict, I can neither confirm nor deny this. I'm not a fan of his acting, he seems well liked among his colleagues. There was some tension with Chloe. I'm not sure what happened but she is one of those generally unhappy people. They just didn't click. She was always keeping her distance but she just didn't fit in with the cast, such a reclusive person. Chloe was barely in the show by the end of the season, they just stopped using her character. That's why they paired him up with Sarah Paulson as the season progressed and they kept giving them so many scenes together. He was much happier with Sarah, they were very close. I was surprised by one thing. He was always so grabby with her, touching her, hugging her, kissing her, it seemed awkward but she didn't mind. Not at all. Maybe she didn't wanna insult him.

Matt Bomer is a nice person who was very friendly with Stefani, Kathy and Sarah. He's beautiful and delicate in person as you'd assume. I was not there but I'm sure he wore a modesty pouch, they always stick a penis and balls into it before filming nude scenes. But he comes in and out, rushes back to his family. Definitely not a scandalous person, he seems pretty quiet. He's not particularly interesting. Nothing juicy there. His life seems very family oriented and too normal according to Hollywood standards.

Kathy Bates had had these lesbian rumors for as long as I can remember but she used to bring this guy to the set, he was around 50, tall, nice, dark hair and wore glasses. I don't remember his exact name but she introduced him as her dear friend. They were not living together but they'd known each other for more than twenty years and he event went to the Globes and Emmys with her. Sarah mentioned that Kathy used to date her oncologist a while ago and it seemed pretty serious. But it's over now, who knows why? I don't know but I've always felt like she had this crush on Jessica Lange. It's just the way she looks at her.

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2016 12:56 AM

Ignore the cunts, Marcus!

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2016 1:08 AM

....Wes Bentley has been very open about his years as a heroin addict. It is not a secret.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2016 1:37 AM

Anything on Lily Rabe?

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2016 2:05 AM

[quote]Nobody really gives a shit about Bomer except for the few obsessives here.

Why in the world are you speaking for anyone but yourself? Don't, please.

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2016 2:39 AM

Sarah: I'll hit you on twitter later Frances!

Frances:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2016 4:06 AM

Sending good thoughts your way, Marcus. I'm truly sorry that your journey is rough right now. I thank you for sharing your insights with us in DL.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2016 4:08 AM

What's your take on Max Greenfield, Marcus?

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2016 4:09 AM

Marcus, thank you very much for reporting this gossip, despite the trolls!! We really appreciate and respect someone who contributes genuine gossip and you provide really thoughtful insight.

So, do you have any gay related gossip in general? You said Finn was bi, anyone else on AHS or other tv shows who you know or have heard is gay?

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2016 4:17 AM

[quote] Ryan is the most asexual person I've ever known.

Squirrel flunky spotted.

by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2016 4:59 AM

You're so sweet to share, Marcus.

How is Lange after filming an intense emotional season. Does it continue after "cut!".

by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2016 12:22 PM

I meant "scene".

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2016 12:24 PM

[quote]Anything on Lily Rabe?

Just me.

by Anonymousreply 164October 15, 2016 12:25 PM

I've met Rabe during some of her New York stage work and she's serious, hard-working and cares about the craft, but she's also very down to Earth and easy to chat with.

by Anonymousreply 165October 15, 2016 4:28 PM

Thank you, Marcus! Glad to hear Bomer is as nice a guy as he seems. No gossip because he doesn't generate any. Just does his job as an actor and goes back to his own life. Nice to hear. Really interesting stuff about Ryan Murphy. Sounds very plausible.

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2016 4:45 PM

It's weird to hear Murphy is somewhat asexual when he keeps hiring bad actors that, I assume, he finds sexy.

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2016 5:14 PM

I imagine Murphy is more into watching guys to perform for him. Doing all sorts of humiliating sex stuff (dildos, fetish, group sex,). He loves to "direct" which means he very much likes to be in charge, in control. I imagine he demanded Chad Overstreet to have sex with some smelly hobo right in front of him so Chord could come back to Glee. I think that's the thing asexual guys like Murphy are into, power mindfucks.

by Anonymousreply 168October 15, 2016 5:21 PM

My apologies. The Glee actor's name is Chord Overstreet.

by Anonymousreply 169October 15, 2016 5:22 PM

Another name that belongs in the Real names that sound made up thread.

by Anonymousreply 170October 15, 2016 5:34 PM

Anything about Zach Quinto?Why did he leave the show?

by Anonymousreply 171October 15, 2016 5:48 PM

Yeah, how come the two gay guys don't show up again?

by Anonymousreply 172October 15, 2016 5:51 PM

I don't think Murphy liked Quinto.

by Anonymousreply 173October 15, 2016 5:55 PM

Why is Murphy such a shitty writer?

by Anonymousreply 174October 15, 2016 6:34 PM

How about Naomi Grossman? I still can't get her performance in "Orphans" out of my mind.

by Anonymousreply 175October 15, 2016 6:36 PM

I read that Quinto is a total pseud and bores his fellow actors rigid on set trying to sound like an intellectual.

by Anonymousreply 176October 15, 2016 6:45 PM

R129 is why I absolutely LOATHE troll-dar.

You have someone like "Marcus" who is giving us some legitimate gossip, and then you have R129 who is hurling unnecessary insults at him, and then the peanut gallery chiming in.

There is no gossip here anymore because of troll-dar stalkers like R129 who track you with troll dar, and then follow you around and harass you. THAT's the real reason this place sucks nowdays. Get rid of fucking troll dar, because it's only the TROLLS who really use it.

Marcus, keep it coming, baby. You're the best thing to happen to this place in a long time!

by Anonymousreply 177October 15, 2016 7:03 PM

So happy to hear Bomer is same to the image he projects. The guy really has his shit together! To be so beautiful whre women and men alike all all over him and still be so unproblematic is fucking awesome.

by Anonymousreply 178October 15, 2016 7:05 PM

[quote]"Marcus" who is giving us some legitimate gossip,

Yeah right. Marcus/Denis sounds more like a racist and homophobic female troll.

by Anonymousreply 179October 15, 2016 11:38 PM

The Matt Bomer stans scare me.

by Anonymousreply 180October 16, 2016 12:15 AM

Who was touching,hugging Chloe?Ryan or Wes??

by Anonymousreply 181October 16, 2016 12:17 AM

Did Matt hang out with any of the male cast?

And is he even in this season?

by Anonymousreply 182October 16, 2016 12:21 AM

Marcus, anyone and EVERYONE is at some point labeled a troll. Ironically by trolls.

by Anonymousreply 183October 16, 2016 12:59 AM

Come back, Marcus! We miss you already.

I want to know and savor every morsel you have on Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 184October 16, 2016 1:43 PM

This has been one of the best threads! Don't let the troll scare you off, Marcus! AHS is one of my faves & I'm loving all the gossip!

by Anonymousreply 185October 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Sorry, I had no idea that Wes Bentley's battle with addiction has been so public. It only goes to show that I don't know much about him, nor do I care that much. He's not my cup of tea.

[R171] I wasn't on the show during Murder House and Asylum but I am 100% sure that there is no bad blood between Ryan and Zachary Quinto. Zacch didn't come back because there simply wasn't a character for him on Coven and I know from Sarah the he doesn't want to be tied down to TV shows. He apparently missed out on some interesting movie role while playing Dr. Thredson. I've heard a story about him bringing his ukulele to the set of Asylum and playing during the downtime to cheer up the cast and crew because of the intensity of the scenes.

[R175] Naomi Grossman was one of my all time favorite members of the cast. She's incredibly smart, warm and grateful. And Jessica loved her. She should've been at least nominated for her episode "Orphans". The only thing that bothered me was when Emma and Evan made fun of her.

One more cute story about Kathy Bates. I lost my father in December of 2014 and she saw that I wasn't well that day and hugged me when I told her about dad. She's exactly the kind of person you think she is. Only better ;)

by Anonymousreply 186October 17, 2016 3:40 PM

I couldn't give a shit about 95% of celebrities, but Kathy Bates has always been one I've always liked and I'll watch her in anything. Glad to hear she's such a sweet person in real life.

by Anonymousreply 187October 17, 2016 3:48 PM

I've met Kathy Bates a couple of times, and I can confirm that she is a nice person..no "star" ego there.

by Anonymousreply 188October 17, 2016 4:08 PM

Thank you, Marcus. Grand to have you here! I loved hearing that Natalie and Kathy are both wonderful; no surprise Emma and Evan ain't.

by Anonymousreply 189October 17, 2016 4:10 PM

Any stories about Jyoti Amge (Ma Petite) - the world's smallest woman?

by Anonymousreply 190October 17, 2016 4:22 PM

[quote]What's your take on Max Greenfield

I'll always remember him for his surprisingly nice ass, but seeing it quiver around enticingly before it was violently raped was kinda disturbing. Seemed a bit wrong.

I remember thinking he would have more to do in Hotel, but it was a glorified cameo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 17, 2016 4:50 PM

I don't give a shit about American Horror Story, or any of the actors on it, quite frankly. Will Andy Randells or Kristi Dawn ever be on? I'd love to see that....

by Anonymousreply 192October 17, 2016 5:16 PM

OP, before I forget (haven't finished the thread so maybe someone asked for this already): would you start a new thread about The Feud?

by Anonymousreply 193October 17, 2016 5:41 PM

You know Marcus, forget it- write what you like. Thank you for posting here!

by Anonymousreply 194October 17, 2016 5:56 PM

Yes, more "Feud" info please.

We love you Marcus!

by Anonymousreply 195October 17, 2016 7:44 PM

R75 Interesting.

Did Cheyenne actually discuss his marriage or did you witness him interacting with the husband when he came to visit or something? It must be pretty bad if it's that obvious.

I mean, it's nothing that hasn't already been assumed/speculated about ad nauseum on the various Cheyenne threads, but interesting to hear direct confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 196October 18, 2016 1:13 PM

Cheyenne just had twins so I hope that he's doing OK.

by Anonymousreply 197October 18, 2016 5:04 PM

loved the inside info marcus...thank you.

by Anonymousreply 198October 18, 2016 5:45 PM

How did Chyanne force twins out of that little pooter?

by Anonymousreply 199October 18, 2016 6:49 PM

His babies are so small,so cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 18, 2016 9:32 PM

Wait, someone thought it was a good idea to let Cheyenne Jackson have kids? Get them a book deal, now.

by Anonymousreply 201October 18, 2016 9:51 PM

Plenty of crazy straight people have raised kids. #Equality.

by Anonymousreply 202October 18, 2016 9:52 PM

Re: Chloe Sevigny.

I have friends who worked on Big Love. The crew there HATED her with a passion. They loved the Drew Droege videos and used to call her "toast" behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 203October 18, 2016 9:54 PM

Chloe is one of those people who can't act. At least, not in an earnest way. She should just play bitchy characters. It's more her natural personality.

by Anonymousreply 204October 18, 2016 10:05 PM

Chloe's attempt at an English accent in Love & Friendship is up there with Keanu Reeves in Dracula. She should go back to sucking cocks on screen.

by Anonymousreply 205October 18, 2016 10:07 PM

OP, can't remember: do you have gossip on the other Murphy's project, American Crime Story? It just came out that the third season will be about the Versace murder. Can't wait. Do you happen to know who's rumored to play Donatella?

by Anonymousreply 206October 18, 2016 10:07 PM

Chloe was good playing the nice girl opposed bitchy Kate Beckinsale in Last Days of Disco. Think of it, it's the only time she didn't play a snottish bitch as far as i can remember. Was she a bitch in Boys don't cry?

by Anonymousreply 207October 18, 2016 10:18 PM

Her Oscar nomination was just riding the wave of that movie.

by Anonymousreply 208October 18, 2016 10:20 PM

no, she wasn't really a bitch in Boys don't Cry. <----why does that film never get mentioned?

I thought she was good in Party Monster, too.

by Anonymousreply 209October 18, 2016 10:21 PM

that movie never get mentioned talking about Chloe because Swank was so good playing the FTM victim she erases the whole cast (i'm not sarcastic: she was born to play that role). When the movie came out this trans-madness we're living today hadn't been unlashed on us yet, so the movie was still fresh and shocking. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 210October 18, 2016 10:24 PM

She was really good in Bloodline too. I think she's a great actress, though she's definitely better suited to playing trashy people.

by Anonymousreply 211October 18, 2016 10:25 PM

She was also good in Shattered Glass.

by Anonymousreply 212October 18, 2016 10:33 PM

Chloe is IMO a v good actress, granted maybe in only one type of character/movie. Still. Have no idea what she's like as a person, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 213October 18, 2016 10:38 PM

she was interesting in that train wreck of english series she made a couple of years ago: she played a transexual hit-woman with kids from her former marriage. It was a total mess!! Oh, and she even went full frontal on that, with a fake penis. Hit & Miss, it was called. Strange it's totally forgotten, it was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 214October 18, 2016 10:38 PM

She considers herself a fashionista, and has her own clothing line. Joan Rivers thought otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 215October 18, 2016 10:41 PM

Hit & Miss: I remember that! Well, I remember the pitch. Never got around to watching it... Now I reckon I should have!

This is OT but our lesbian sisters will like to know Asia Argento had some hot action on the final season of Mafiosa (really).

by Anonymousreply 216October 18, 2016 10:51 PM

Marcus, is Evan bi?

by Anonymousreply 217October 18, 2016 11:24 PM

Met Naomi Grossman a few times and yes she is so cool. We talked about how much fun they had rehearsing "The Name Game". She should have WON for "Orphans".

by Anonymousreply 218October 18, 2016 11:33 PM

R201 Cheyenne is not that bad,he's actually been pretty boring lately.

by Anonymousreply 219October 19, 2016 1:04 AM

R205 is either stupid or an asshole. He's probably both now that I think about it. That cunt-waffle is criticizing Chloe Sevigny's English accent in LOVE & FRIENDSHIP. News flash, idiot: HER CHARACTER WAS AMERICAN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 220October 19, 2016 6:05 AM

This thread needs more male cast gossip.Is there any?

by Anonymousreply 221October 19, 2016 6:46 AM

What's all this bullshit about trolldar? It doesn't exist anymore.

by Anonymousreply 222October 19, 2016 7:40 AM

I thought the same about TROLLDAR R222---

Whats the deal? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 223October 19, 2016 8:56 AM

I don't know if Evan is bi but there are no signs that would indicate something like that. Regarding Cheyenne - yes, I've met his husband and I am usually right about people when I get to observe their behavior for a little while. He reminds me of those celebrity stalker types, absolutely in awe of fame and all the things that come with it. Believe me, actors don't want to be treated that way. They (most of them) dislike when they encounter people who are obsessive over them and their work. Jessica used to tell a story about a guy who followed her to the ladies room in a NYC restaurant and tried to lock himself there with her. Imagine that happening to you. By the way, Kathy came to the set of Feud earlier this week, she had lunch with Jess and watched a couple of scenes.

Some of you asked me about Max Greenfield who had to loose so much weight for that brief guest starring role on Hotel. He was a very nice, very cute guy, I think he is definitely gay or bi in real life. Funny thing was ehen he hugged Ryan after they wrapped a very difficult scene he filmed with Sarah. That was sweet. If the casting couch rumor had been real, then Max would be definitely up for it and he would gladly come over to Ryan's house.

Some of the cast members don't have a problem with nudity. Sarah filmed the threesome scene at the end of the season completely topless, her genitals were covered. Stefani would be gladly fully nude if this were an HBO show. Guys are shy comoared to these ladies. Except for Cheyenne who didn't bother wearing his modesty pouch in a scene with Stefani.

Yes, Chloe can be difficult to deal with. Another funy tidbit about her - she had a scene with Denis and they had to wait a bit between the takes and Denis tried to have a conversation with her. She pulled out her iphone and ignored him. The same thing happened at the screening of the premiere when she refused to talk to her co-stars and gave them just "yes" and "no" answers. Her only priority that evening was parading her black panties that were sticking out of her short dress.

by Anonymousreply 224October 19, 2016 3:22 PM

R224 omg.

Especially the bit about the NYC Lange stalker. That's fucking creepy! I don't understand how fans can take it to that level.

I'd have major issues just acknowledging her presence if I were ever in the same room as Lange. I'd end up just staring at the floor and regretting a missed opportunity later.

And, yes, Kathy just shared on Twitter about her lunch with Queen.

by Anonymousreply 225October 19, 2016 4:39 PM

Seeing as most of the obvious questions have been asked, do have anything on the guy who played Mr Wu the hot Asian guy on AHS:Hotel? I know he was only in 1 or 2 scenes but he had a nice ass so...

by Anonymousreply 226October 19, 2016 4:46 PM

So the worst person from AHS is Chloe,yes?

by Anonymousreply 227October 19, 2016 5:54 PM

I loved Chloe's performance in The Last Days of Disco. It sucks to hear that she such a cunt IRL but I do think she can be a good actor.

Not sure why she thinks she's better than everyone though.

Marcus, you're a genuine DL find, hon!

by Anonymousreply 228October 19, 2016 8:58 PM

More info on Feud, please Marcus. xoxo

Bette and Jessica showing who the real Queen's are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229October 19, 2016 9:24 PM

Marcus, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Do you have any more gossip on who is gay/bi or who you suspect or have heard is gay? Doesn't have to be AHS cast only.

by Anonymousreply 230October 19, 2016 9:36 PM

[quote] Jessica used to tell a story about a guy who followed her to the ladies room in a NYC restaurant and tried to lock himself there with her.

So she does remember me!

by Anonymousreply 231October 19, 2016 9:44 PM

OK, probably not actual gossip, but Marcus, do you have any stories or information about the costumes. Some of the AHS have been rather costume heavy; so, I assume there must be stories.

by Anonymousreply 232October 19, 2016 9:56 PM

I'm not Marcus, but this will inform you about AHS Hotel:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 19, 2016 10:13 PM

R231 Who are you?

There are like a 100 Lange "trolls" on here.

Of course, I'm the Supreme one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 19, 2016 10:22 PM

r200 - miz chyanne looks 'zhausted from birthin' them babies! How she do it?

by Anonymousreply 235October 20, 2016 12:10 AM

EVAN PETERS IS ONE THE FUGLIEST ACTORS WORKING.

by Anonymousreply 236October 20, 2016 10:44 AM

I find Evan Peters to be quite attractive. I wish he had a bigger role this season, loved him in AHS Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 237October 20, 2016 12:50 PM

R224 so does Cheyenne seem annoyed around his husband?

by Anonymousreply 238October 21, 2016 1:47 PM

Why are people speculating about Max Greenfield and Ryan?

Max is married (to a woman) and they have a daughter together.

by Anonymousreply 239October 21, 2016 1:58 PM

[quote]Not sure why she thinks she's better than everyone though.

Sevigny grew up a spoiled rich girl in Darien, and has never been anything but. That's why.

by Anonymousreply 240October 21, 2016 2:36 PM

[QUOTE]Max is married (to a woman) and they have a daughter together.

Oh god, like that means anything.

by Anonymousreply 241October 21, 2016 2:57 PM

Thanks for the Max Greenfield info, Marcus -- I'm one of the folks who was asking. He's so cute, delightful on "New Girl", and reportedly a nice guy. Good to hear that your experience bears this out -- and intriguing insider info, too!

by Anonymousreply 242October 21, 2016 3:56 PM

Yeah r51 I was confused by OP insinuating that Gabby is homophobic because almost all her friends are gay men. Her roommate is a gay man. So maybe she was just messing with you and you couldn't snark back? Gabby is a snarky queen in a Black woman's body.

by Anonymousreply 243October 21, 2016 4:05 PM

Okay OP who is the on set dresser on Feud. Just give a first name.

by Anonymousreply 244October 21, 2016 4:14 PM

Marcus, I suspect you're a treasure; you've been an absolute doll to share.

by Anonymousreply 245October 21, 2016 4:17 PM

And a physical description please.

by Anonymousreply 246October 21, 2016 4:17 PM

I guess I should have directed my question to Marcus. So Marcus give me a FIRST name and description of the on set dresser on Feud. Then I'll believe you haven't made all this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 247October 21, 2016 4:22 PM

R247, what makes you think anybody gives a shit what you believe?

by Anonymousreply 248October 21, 2016 4:47 PM

Usually we want the gossip to be real 248. Not just made up from someone's active imagination.

We don't come here to read fiction.

by Anonymousreply 249October 21, 2016 4:58 PM

R247, you're a fucking troll. Please do not address Marcus as if he's your personal gossip servant.

by Anonymousreply 250October 21, 2016 5:13 PM

I'm not a fucking troll. If he works on the set he can give me a name and description. I've worked on Feud too.

by Anonymousreply 251October 21, 2016 5:32 PM

Give us a piece of gossip then, R251. Something about Catherine Zeta perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 252October 21, 2016 5:41 PM

So Marcus, in your opinion, did Cheyenne's husband likely stalk him to AA on purpose? I have always figured that was the case and your insight into him being star obsessed just confirms it.

by Anonymousreply 253October 21, 2016 5:51 PM

[quote]I've worked on Feud too.

"But no one talked to me so I have nothing to say."

by Anonymousreply 254October 21, 2016 6:04 PM

[quote]I find Evan Peters to be quite attractive. I wish he had a bigger role this season, loved him in AHS Hotel.

The season isn't half over. How do you know how big his role in? They are messing with the time line. There are scenes with the re-enactment show, behind the scenes, they even showed auditions. he could be through the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 255October 21, 2016 6:52 PM

True, r255. It wasn't looking good after this past episode, but will see what's in store. Hoping to see Bomer too. He's a little one note, but so very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 256October 21, 2016 9:03 PM

[quote]I'm not a fucking troll. If he works on the set he can give me a name and description. I've worked on Feud too.

I'd like to hear Marcus answer this as well. R251, when people attack you just remember that one prolific follower of Marcus in this thread wrote earlier that it doesn't matter if the insider talk here is fabricated. She just enjoys reading them. I wouldn't be surprised if she's behind the Marcus posts herself.

by Anonymousreply 257October 21, 2016 9:13 PM

#TeamMarcus

I love Frances Conroy. I hope she isn't unkind, but I can understand being all about the work and I love that she has no patience for bulkshit and Emma Roberts.

Anything to say about some of the guest stars, like Clea DuVall, Mädchen Amick, Patti Lupone, Jamie Brewer, Mare Winningham, Erika Ervin (Amazon Eve), Christine Estabrooke, Josh Hamilton? Love all of them so anything would be cool. Or anyone else that sticks out with a story or fun tidbit?

by Anonymousreply 258October 22, 2016 2:58 PM

Looks like another great DLer chased away by trolls.

by Anonymousreply 259October 23, 2016 9:29 AM

DL isn't for sissies.

by Anonymousreply 260October 23, 2016 3:03 PM

Chased away? Look on the bright side. Maybe he's working on set right now and garnering more tidbits.

by Anonymousreply 261October 23, 2016 3:29 PM

Maybe he's gathering more tidbits? Bitch, it'd be best to learn someone could be anonymously trolling you and not to have blind faith.

by Anonymousreply 262October 23, 2016 3:40 PM

Bitch? Why be so testy? And what does 'trolling' mean exactly on DL? Fooling? Deceiving? Following?

by Anonymousreply 263October 23, 2016 3:53 PM

I am sorry, but at this point if someone is so fourthcoming with details, which can be immediately traced back to him or her, it only can be a troll. Nobody, especially on an anonymous message board, that is a popular and monitored by PR lackeys (to check if someone is damaging their celebrity clients' PR image with scandalous gay accusations!) in his or her right mind would risk his job and career to spill the beans to us outsiders, even disgruntled employees know better than to share details that can be traced back to them.

I am sorry, but I do believe the glorious times where us outsiders got real dirt from insiders are long gone. Datalounge is too famous for insiders to share some great and juicy secrets without them fearing the consequences of their actions or PR shills trolling the board doing their best to chase off posters and invalidate their posts.

by Anonymousreply 264October 23, 2016 4:00 PM

R264 Spoilsport. Know it all. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 265October 23, 2016 6:02 PM

It's possible that the goss is real but OP might be posing as "Marcus". If he were a disgruntled former friend or ex bf of the real Murphy employee, that might explain dropping details that make "Marcus" identifiable.

by Anonymousreply 266October 23, 2016 8:05 PM

R264 is sorry. I completely agree

by Anonymousreply 267October 23, 2016 10:56 PM

A Return to Coven? Seriously? zzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 268October 24, 2016 12:12 AM

[quote]I am sorry, but at this point if someone is so fourthcoming with details, which can be immediately traced back to him or her, it only can be a troll.

Unless the Marcus poster knew enough to alter and change details from the start so no one could actually identify them.

I've posted gossip here over the years and have known enough to do that.

But I also know, from being here for so long ... once a posters start asking questions like, "Give me the initials of XYZ!" "Who wore white pants to work every day!" "Just where exactly was so and so's car parked!"

That A.) someone affiliated with someone I'm talking about is trying to figure out who I am

B.) it doesn't matter whether I'm wrong or right, the person or persons will find a way to keep on going and asking more and more questions

C.) Just stop posting and move on.

by Anonymousreply 269October 24, 2016 12:34 AM

I agree that OP isn't the insider but knows someone who is and is retelling their stories. The gossip is too specific for plain fan fiction but he's too easily identifiable to be a true insider. either way it's entertaining and he shouldn't be discouraged from posting more.

by Anonymousreply 270October 24, 2016 12:37 AM

Marcus, what can you tell us about Judy Davis? Any good stories? Is she friendly? Does she hang out with anyone from the cast? Is she "difficult" or does she work well with others?

I think Judy Davis is one of the greatest actresses of her generation and I'm sorry she doesn't get more work. Personally, I think she would have been a much better fit for the Bette Davis role than Sarandon. But hopefully Sarandon will surprise me.

I'd also appreciate your thoughts on Angela Bassett, who's been fabulous in AHS. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 271October 24, 2016 1:17 AM

I got booted off a soap opera because I was using the company wifi to go to DL and snark on people. So it can happen that you can be traced.

I've seen pix of SS on Feud and my lord, she's the spitting image of Baby Jane (but her skin is way better).

by Anonymousreply 272October 24, 2016 3:18 PM

Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis in "Feud"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 24, 2016 3:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2016 7:31 PM

Hello, guys. I'd like to apologize for my absence but I've been busy. I'll post again later today with some new info.

[R242] Why are you asking specifically about that person? Are you him? Well, in that case ... hello, David ;)

by Anonymousreply 275October 28, 2016 1:42 PM

R275 You're back! I've been relying on Jackie Hoffman for updates on Lange while filming Feud.

Please, please, please give us some more Lange info.

We love you, Marcus!

by Anonymousreply 276October 28, 2016 4:55 PM

Why is Susan's hair jet black as Bette Davis? Davis' didn't have that hair color at the time, did she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 28, 2016 6:13 PM

It is supposed to be Bette Davis doing Night of the Iguana. The hair is wrong and Sarandon has too much padding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278October 28, 2016 6:33 PM

Curious why they would pick the stage version of The Night of the Iguana.

by Anonymousreply 279October 28, 2016 9:46 PM

[quote]Curious why they would pick the stage version of The Night of the Iguana.

Because Joan attended one of the performances and afterwards went backstage and presented Bette with the script/book of Baby Jane and the idea that they should play the sisters.

by Anonymousreply 280October 29, 2016 2:09 AM

Oh dear. The thought just struck me.

Jessica Lange is actually going to kill it as Joan Crawford.

Yes, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 29, 2016 3:14 AM

Thanks R280

by Anonymousreply 282October 29, 2016 5:28 AM

Marcus, come back!

by Anonymousreply 283October 31, 2016 9:21 PM

Is Gaberey Signobidabbide in the show this season? So hard to tell with the dark cinematography.

by Anonymousreply 284October 31, 2016 11:40 PM

I wrote a very lenghty post a couple of minutes ago but my battery died. Don't you just love it? Damn it.

by Anonymousreply 285November 1, 2016 1:47 AM

I need this now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286November 1, 2016 2:19 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 1, 2016 10:57 AM

Is Zeta-Jones testing her skills as an actress and playing someone 41...seven years older than she actually is?

by Anonymousreply 288November 1, 2016 8:16 PM

R288 lmao.

by Anonymousreply 289November 1, 2016 9:23 PM

Non AHS related but just reading through and reminded of a story my friend told me about Chloe. He was working on a film she was in. Her parents were played by Cybill Shepherd and Malcolm McDowell , who got on famously apparently. The three of them were due to film, Cybill and Malcolm are there on good form but no Chloe. She turns up eventually and McDowell just changed completely and just rips her a new one in front of everyone, right up in her face. After he finishes she just turns and walks out without a word or a flicker of emotion and not seen again. Cybill and Malcolm ended up doing the scene with a stand in, over the shoulder shots and don't think it even made the end film.

by Anonymousreply 290November 1, 2016 9:36 PM

[quote]Is Zeta-Jones testing her skills as an actress and playing someone 41...seven years older than she actually is?

Nine years older, you bloody arsehole! NINE!

by Anonymousreply 291November 1, 2016 10:28 PM

I want to hear more about Cheyenne Jackson not liking his husband.

by Anonymousreply 292November 1, 2016 11:53 PM

I want to watch this series with a split screen: one of the actual Ryan Murphy show and the other of Olivia de Havilland watching it in real time from her Paris apartment.

by Anonymousreply 293November 2, 2016 1:12 AM

R292 Me too.He may not be a big part of the show but some Cheyenne&Jason gossip is always entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 294November 2, 2016 9:02 AM

Will Cheyanne Jackson's charachter come back this season, or is he really dead?

by Anonymousreply 295November 5, 2016 12:50 PM

Frances Conroy ought to play Agnes Moorehead for the Sweet Charlotte portions of Feud.

by Anonymousreply 296November 5, 2016 1:02 PM

Damn r296, that's a good idea. Putting Frances Conroy in anything is a good idea.

Glad to see Zeta-Jones in this. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 297November 5, 2016 1:41 PM

Was Marcus killed off?

by Anonymousreply 298November 5, 2016 1:49 PM

Yas! Frances Conroy.

by Anonymousreply 299November 5, 2016 2:18 PM

[quote] Was Marcus killed off?

Yes, by the DL Gossip Grinch!

by Anonymousreply 300November 5, 2016 4:10 PM

I'm here but very tired .... I just sleep it off on the weekends. Plus I went on a very bad date last night.

by Anonymousreply 301November 5, 2016 6:04 PM

Is it true that Evan Peters got so excited during the sadomasochistic sex scenes of Hotel they had to tape down his erection? That he had to run to his dressing room between takes to Jack of?

by Anonymousreply 302November 5, 2016 9:49 PM

You mean th scenes he had with Stefani (Gaga), right? There was more in the episode but it got cut out. She was pretty into it and so was he. There migt have been an erection problem but I don't know if he had to jack off afterwards. Emma wasn't there to keep an eye on him, thank God.

by Anonymousreply 303November 5, 2016 10:49 PM

We need big, juicy posts like the ones from the start. Sleep it off and come back strong, Marcus. Reading from Argentina :)

by Anonymousreply 304November 6, 2016 5:00 AM

Who is Stefani Gaga? Do you mean Lady Gaga?

by Anonymousreply 305November 6, 2016 3:56 PM

Stefani Germanotta = Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 306November 6, 2016 4:11 PM

Lady Gaga = Has Been

by Anonymousreply 307November 6, 2016 4:50 PM

Gaga is still amazing, you irrelevant douche!

by Anonymousreply 308November 7, 2016 2:47 AM

Has Been = Vernita Vendoza = Stefani Germanotta's nanny

by Anonymousreply 309November 7, 2016 11:53 PM

More about Finn being bi, please!

by Anonymousreply 310November 8, 2016 12:10 AM

Lange and Sarandon in FEUD.

PLEASE.

by Anonymousreply 311November 8, 2016 1:55 AM

R292 I'm really curious about the details of this one. It was already speculated on here that Cheyenne was unhappy in the marriage and realizes it was a mistake and it is even more obvious how obsessed with "stars" Jason is, but I'd love to know the specifics.

Did CJ actually tell somebody he was miserable? Does he just look miserable whenever Jason is around?

I hope for the kids' sakes he gets them away from this creepy husband and creepy cult of his.

by Anonymousreply 312November 9, 2016 2:33 PM

Matt Bomer is listed in the cast for the final two episodes by IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 313November 9, 2016 2:46 PM

r307 = M. L. Ciccone = Ready for Shady Pines

by Anonymousreply 314November 10, 2016 10:32 PM

I been watching this whole season and I don't ever see Lady Gaga. When is she be on?

by Anonymousreply 315November 13, 2016 10:58 AM

Gaga was that crazy, feral woman in the woods who had sex with the husband. Well, she was the re-enactor of that role, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 316November 13, 2016 12:03 PM

Marcus, how was Darren Criss during his episode of AHS. Sometimes he seems like an earnest tool.

by Anonymousreply 317November 13, 2016 1:52 PM

[quote]More about Finn being bi, please!

Finn always has beautiful chemistry with men, is completely at ease getting physical with them.

Not that it means he must be bi, but it is noticeable. Compare Evan's gay scene, to Finn's with Cheyenne or that bearded hipster.

by Anonymousreply 318November 13, 2016 2:05 PM

So did Marcus pass the doubters test with his ID of David?

by Anonymousreply 319November 13, 2016 2:25 PM

Loving this thread.

by Anonymousreply 320November 13, 2016 2:49 PM

Did Holland Taylor ever visit the set?

by Anonymousreply 321November 13, 2016 2:53 PM

Sorry for being so quiet these past couple of weeks but the work got very hectic. Combine that with the election craziness and lack of sexual encounters and you get a nervous meltdown.

I got a little bit close or closer to Susan Sarandon lately. I know how unpopular she is these days among the Hillary supporters but she's just a great lady. So open and honest, past all the Hollywood bullshit. She loves good sex and we talk about it a lot. It's hard for her to find a partner because they see her as that famous actress. Her younger boyfriend used to be jealous when people stopped her on the street and complimented her work, he hated that. And her kids didn't like him. I don't think she realizes that I'm totally a gay man. It's strange sometimes. We were shooting very late once and she was waiting around to film her stuff, it was about two weeks ago. And she was wearing a very revealing top (without a bra) when suddenly one of her breasts came out. It was awkward for me, I had no idea how to tell her. It was out for a couple of minutes before she noticed it in the mirror. She laughed and asked how long was it opened for business? That's got to be my weirdest celeb story of all time.

Cheyenne was very uncomfortable around his husband during the screening of American Crime Story. Each and every time Jason talked to Chey's colleagues or producers. He just wanted him to shut the fuck up. Holland Taylor was also there with her best friend / former lover Stephanie Faracy. She brought her there because Sarah is always busy during these events and she usually leaves HT all by herself, waiting. Sarah is a good person who means well, she has a good heart but she's becoming too Hollywood-ish. It's getting annoying and frustrating. And Ryan encourages her, it's his fault. Sarah's relationship with Jessica is no longer that amazing. Jess is still friendly with her but she more or less keeps her distance now when they're not spending so much time together like they used to on the set of AHS (they even shared a trailer in New Orleans, always stuffed with alcohol btw).

by Anonymousreply 322November 14, 2016 2:29 AM

Marcus, can you give us any male gay gossip about who you know or have heard is gay or bi in Hollywood and in AHS? Details please?

THANK YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 323November 14, 2016 2:36 AM

Finn's scenes with the hipster, Cheyenne and Liz were hot. Much hotter than his scene with Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 324November 14, 2016 2:41 AM

I think I love Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 325November 14, 2016 2:42 AM

Stephanie Faracy? Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I didn't realize she was gay or that she and Holland had been lovers.

by Anonymousreply 326November 14, 2016 2:58 AM

Stephanie Faracy had a major role on the last season of Devious Maids. She's also been on How to Get Away With Murder this season.

by Anonymousreply 327November 14, 2016 3:42 AM

When is "Feud" supposed to air? And do they do the whole 1963 Oscar "Excuse me, I've got an Oscar to accept!" scene between Bette and a Joan backstage at the awards?

by Anonymousreply 328November 14, 2016 3:45 AM

I call BS at R322. You are a nobody and she is not going to be discussing her sexual or private life with you.

by Anonymousreply 329November 14, 2016 3:48 AM

I don't agree, r329. SS seems so earthy and open, I can see her discussing her private life with a relative stranger. There are people like that. One of my coworkers, on her second day of employment in my office, confided in me during the course of a conversation unrelated to our private lives that she's fucking a married guy.

by Anonymousreply 330November 14, 2016 1:24 PM

Marcus is Kathy Bates.

by Anonymousreply 331November 14, 2016 1:42 PM

R330 Not buying that analogy. You would have to be real dumb to confide in just anyone thinking they would not spill that information.

by Anonymousreply 332November 14, 2016 1:53 PM

r332 Maybe she doesn't care if the information she divulged got out.

by Anonymousreply 333November 14, 2016 2:02 PM

It wasn't meant to be an analogy. Maybe 'Marcus' is not actually in production but a fellow actor.

by Anonymousreply 334November 14, 2016 2:12 PM

We don't care about no women troubles - tell us what we really want to know - who on set has the biggest cock!?

by Anonymousreply 335November 14, 2016 2:19 PM

r322 Figures that Sarandon would be so cool and open in person and that Icon Lange would tire of that chupacabra.

Give us more!

How do Lange and Sarandon get along. How is there chemistry? How are their performances?

by Anonymousreply 336November 14, 2016 11:39 PM

Um, yeah. Keep giving us more of Lange and Sarandon, plus the hot cocks.

Keep the rest.

by Anonymousreply 337November 15, 2016 12:07 AM

OP, what a great story about hanging out (sort of) with Sarandon. I'm a lesbian and also very very hot for another actress (10 years younger though, Sarandon is 70!!) and man, if she ever did that... Anyway. I get that it must be difficult once you're way past 60, but I would totally do her (the one I'm hot for, not Sarandon) so I'll keep my hopes up until-

Very, very cool thread. It's like you're telling us about real people dealing with stuff over time. Excellently cool, thank you again for starting this thread.

by Anonymousreply 338November 15, 2016 12:22 AM

Jackie Hoffman is giving us more info on #Feud than Marcus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339November 17, 2016 4:01 AM

I like Marcus, but I wish he wrote as well as Femme, not like an eight grader.

Anyone who has ever been on a film set with Sarandon will tell you that she talks a lot, with any crew member, any time. So I can see her overshare with Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 340November 17, 2016 4:49 AM

Poor Jackie Hoffman...will be bitter till the end.

by Anonymousreply 341November 17, 2016 10:30 AM

Definitely the 'wtf' season of the bunch. I still like it marginally better than Hotel, and am glad at least Gaga didn't get to stink up this season.

by Anonymousreply 342November 17, 2016 12:08 PM

This is the worst season ever. I feel like it's a terrible SCTV parody of AHS.

by Anonymousreply 343November 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Marcus, I think I may know you. Have you worked on a Bryan Fuller show in the past?

by Anonymousreply 344November 17, 2016 1:44 PM

*I have an anecdote I will share that will not out you to anyone but me.

by Anonymousreply 345November 17, 2016 1:45 PM

[R344] No, I have not.

Jackie Hoffman is not my favorite person though, she is barely more pleasant than a colonoscopy. Jessica has been very cranky ever since the election, especially since she returned from her quick trip to Poland. She gets along with Susan just fine but this isn't a close friendship, just a respectable working relationship. Sarah is finally back here which is always a sign of something unexpectedly awkward and hilarious.

I'd like to post more but I'm always short on time!

by Anonymousreply 346November 17, 2016 2:28 PM

r346 Yes, daddy! You're back! So, Lange and Sarandon are cordial? Is that it? I bet this is probably more due to Lange who has always kept to herself. She's not into the showy, Hollywood shit.

How is their chemistry on screen? Are they creating magic?

by Anonymousreply 347November 17, 2016 9:44 PM

r346 Ugh, don't pollute this thread with non-entities like Sawa. I can't stand her. Wait...

Don't tell me you're her. She's been known to lurk around IMDb and DataLounge like a crazed harpy seeking victims.

by Anonymousreply 348November 17, 2016 9:52 PM

[quote]Jackie Hoffman is not my favorite person though, she is barely more pleasant than a colonoscopy.

Ahhhh Jackie Hoffman is in a perpetual state of crank.

by Anonymousreply 349November 17, 2016 9:59 PM

Has Jessica Lange bitch-slapped Susan Sarandon on behalf of all of us?

by Anonymousreply 350November 17, 2016 11:10 PM

[quote]So, Lange and Sarandon are cordial? Is that it? I bet this is probably more due to Lange who has always kept to herself.

Or, she could be purposely keeping her distance to stay in character and convey a frosty relationship with 'Bette.'

by Anonymousreply 351November 18, 2016 2:23 AM

r351 Actually, she has been known to do that. She gave Berry the cold shoulder treatment during "Losing Isaiah" and Berry went on to talk about how disappointed she was behind that because she admired Lange so much and felt they could relate since they both started out as models.

When Lange was told of this during an Entertainment Weekly interview (1995, after winning Oscah 2) she was a bit taken aback and explained that they had only a handful of scenes together and that the production treated both their stories as separate films almost, but also stressed that she felt it helped build a stronger antagonistic dynamic between their characters on screen. The interviewer went on to divulge that a make-up artist on the movie accused Berry of lashing out and throwing some objects at her. Lange simply said, "You have to learn to conserve your energies," with no ill will intended or implied.

by Anonymousreply 352November 18, 2016 2:44 AM

Exactly, why do people think movies instantly become life long friends? Most do their job, work for a few months and on to another job.

by Anonymousreply 353November 18, 2016 2:55 AM

[quote]barely more pleasant than a colonoscopy.

Jackie's finally found the title for her autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 354November 18, 2016 5:19 AM

No shade, but Cornelius still comes off as a grade school bitch. I don't think the others care for him either, as evidenced by the lukewarm congratulations.

I didn't like Erin's dress at all. That tacked on ruffled hem looked cheap and tacky. She really has questionable tastes.

I didn't get the love for Mah-jong's mishmash dress either. And then he kept cooing like a big ol' girl. Just stop, queen!

Funny how Heidi asked Rik if he ran out of time, considering how he had enough time to take a nap and help out Nathalia. No Heidi, that was intentional.

by Anonymousreply 355November 18, 2016 5:44 AM

^^ Oops! Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 356November 18, 2016 5:46 AM

Jackie Hoffmann had exactly three tweets re Feud, one, begging for a spinoff as the maid. Two others about something Jessica said. Nothing else. That's hardly hot news.

And she is ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 357November 18, 2016 5:52 AM

[quote]Berry went on to talk about how disappointed she was behind that because she admired Lange so much and felt they could relate since they both started out as models.

Berry is 5'5", short for a model. Was she really a model, or is that something one calls oneself after appearing in the town circular?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358November 18, 2016 5:58 AM

I have seen Jackie Hoffman many times onstage. You ALWAYS get your money's worth, she is a very funny performer.

by Anonymousreply 359November 18, 2016 5:59 AM

There's another DL thread listing people who are scary ugly. I think Jackie Hoffman could be on that list.

by Anonymousreply 360November 18, 2016 6:21 AM

[quote]I have seen Jackie Hoffman many times onstage. You ALWAYS get your money's worth, she is a very funny performer

We aren't talking about her as a performer, but as a human being. She finally makes to Hollywood and working with two Oscar winners and she's still bitching.

Jackie Hoffman ‏@JackieHoffman16 Nov 16..... Up extra early this am to stand as decor and watch other people act

by Anonymousreply 361November 18, 2016 11:11 AM

There was so much talk about Ms. Faye Dunaway earlier in this thread and I ran into her this past Friday. Apparently we have the same orthopedist! It was shocking to see her there, she was reading a magazine and seemed very nice and polite. Even more shocking considering the stories about her antics. I asked her if she won an Oscar back in 1977. She put down the glasses, closed the magazine and laughed. She seemed to be enjoying the attention and said that people barely recognize her on the streets these days. She talked about her new movie for a bit and her desire to explore other ventures again, such as theater. I told her about our strange connection with Joan Crawford, she seemed very surprised and sort of laughed it off. She said that some people already think she is dead, cold and buried but she's "back in business" after a self-imposed hiatus. Interesting woman.

Now another shock: Joan Collins wanted to be on the show and simply asked Ryan to cast her. Bold move. But I can't imagine her on AHS. It would be another Alexis character. Supposedly happened after / around Coven season.

by Anonymousreply 362November 20, 2016 12:29 PM

Marcus, do you have any stories about Judy Davis or Angela Bassett? What are they like? Are they approachable? What's the dynamic with them on set?

by Anonymousreply 363November 20, 2016 12:37 PM

Please Marcus tell us what Faye said about her new movie? Glad she is back working. I wish Murphy would cast her in something.

Was Faye talking about Inconceivable? What did she say?

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 364November 20, 2016 9:22 PM

I remember the time that Joan Collins was on the Mike Douglas show and she said something really funny about something that had happened on one of the shows that she was on. I can't remember exactly, but it was right before Mike sang "The Men in My Little Girl's Life". Really funny story that brought tears to my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 365November 20, 2016 11:33 PM

I can't help but love the delusion in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 366November 20, 2016 11:41 PM

[quote]I remember the time that Joan Collins was on the Mike Douglas show and she said something really funny about something that had happened on one of the shows that she was on. I can't remember exactly, but it was right before Mike sang "The Men in My Little Girl's Life". Really funny story that brought tears to my eyes.

Are you sure you aren't confusing her story with the other one?

by Anonymousreply 367November 21, 2016 12:57 AM

r367 - Thank you, but I'm pretty sure it was Joan's funny story that I'm trying to remember. Of course, it could have been when Brett Somers was doing her hilarious stand up routine immediately before Joan, but I know it came before Mike singing. I sure with I could remember. Brett had some great stories too about her time on that game show, I can't remember the name of it immediately, but I remember she shared some really funny moments. It had Mike cracking up and he almost couldn't make it through "The Men in My Little Girl's LIfe" without cracking up. If any of you remember that show you know how serious that song was to him and really to everyone on the set and show so to see him having a hard time getting through it was something that none of us never thought we would see especially because it was such an important and meaningful song to him, I actually think he write that song for his daughter, or at least I think I remember hearing that. Anyhoo - if I remember my funny Joan Collins story, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks again!

by Anonymousreply 368November 21, 2016 10:37 AM

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for starting this thread! I am curious about the Naomi Grossman incident. What were Emma and Evan making fun of her for? If you can't say, that's ok but was Emma the instigator and Evan just playing along? I usually read really nice things about him and most of the other AHS cast although a lot of people have said Emma acts like a brat.

Also, does Naomi even know they made fun of her? She seems like a sweetheart and is so nice to the AHS cast and crew on her social media.

by Anonymousreply 369November 26, 2016 3:48 PM

I think Naomi not only deserved an Emmy nom, but possibly even the win. I suspect many people thought she really had the birth defect of the character, and wasn't a normally formed person in heavy makeup. She should have hired her own publicist and made a shitload of appearances, not just cult under the radar crowd on social media.

I also wonder if she qualified for the Guest Category considering she only appeared in a few episodes. She might have had a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 370November 26, 2016 10:37 PM

Actual DataLounge members waiting for Marcus to return to the thread :-P

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 5, 2016 1:42 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 372December 5, 2016 3:06 AM

r369 - I'm pretty sure they were making fun of her manbun.

by Anonymousreply 373December 5, 2016 11:13 AM

Will Lady Gags be back for the next season of AHS in a better, more meaningful roll?

by Anonymousreply 374December 5, 2016 11:45 AM

Served in either a kaiser or a cloverleaf perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 375December 5, 2016 11:57 AM

Please don't F/F me but I'm curious did anyone on set discuss Conroy's eye ?

by Anonymousreply 376December 5, 2016 12:02 PM

I feel awful knowing Lady Gaga is having a rough time dealing with fame. She seemed so well adjusted. Now I fear she won't be as accessible.

by Anonymousreply 377December 5, 2016 12:41 PM

How many episodes left of Feud to film?

by Anonymousreply 378December 5, 2016 1:39 PM

Family Feud, r378? I'm not sure, but as it is in syndication it will run forever.

by Anonymousreply 379December 5, 2016 2:27 PM

There's a new red carpet interview where Cheyenne Jackson looks like he is ready to belt his husband. He looks embarrassed and annoyed and like he just wants him to STFU. I totally believe Marcus's assessment of that situation.

by Anonymousreply 380December 6, 2016 4:32 PM

R380 It's hilarious.Poor Cheyenne has to put up with that man every day!

by Anonymousreply 381December 6, 2016 9:01 PM

I would love more details on Cheyenne hating his husband.

by Anonymousreply 382February 7, 2017 6:20 PM

r382 - Cheyenne's husband? Cheyenne hates him. Can;t stand him. Hate with a capital "H". Cannot stand. Really dislikes. Throws up in his mouth a little bit every time he hears the name "Jason". No-likey.

by Anonymousreply 383February 10, 2017 2:53 AM

Has Cheyenne's husband been cast in the new season of AHS?

by Anonymousreply 384February 13, 2017 11:40 AM

Denis O'Hare is one of my favorite "L&O" guest stars.

by Anonymousreply 385February 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Any more Feud gossip?

by Anonymousreply 386March 16, 2017 7:25 PM

There really isn't much gossip on Feud [R386]. It was quite a peaceful set filled with professionals. Even Judy Davis (who can get pretty difficult sometimes) kept her cool and sort of distanced herself from Sarandon and Lange. I don't know if she needs to stay more focused on her performance and that's why she barely interacts with her cast members ... who knows?

by Anonymousreply 387May 2, 2017 4:29 PM

Welcome back Marcus ---anything interesting happening now?

by Anonymousreply 388May 2, 2017 8:29 PM

I am done with American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 389June 13, 2017 3:51 PM

R389 The vitalum vitalis ! Can you do it? If not, who will be the next Supreme ?

by Anonymousreply 390June 13, 2017 3:59 PM

R6 yeah you can tell she's all sorts of ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 391June 13, 2017 4:03 PM

I hate Billy Eichner and Colton Haynes, that's all I'm going to say about these two.

by Anonymousreply 392July 20, 2017 9:29 AM

r392 why? Is colton the snobby gay type?

by Anonymousreply 393July 20, 2017 10:23 AM

How vapid and vacous is Sarah Paulson?

by Anonymousreply 394July 20, 2017 10:55 AM

R392, please spill more about Eichner. People who knew him way before he hit it big said he was a nasty, dismissive asshole. I can't imagine fame has made him softer.

by Anonymousreply 395July 20, 2017 12:22 PM

Everyone hates Billy Eichner. He's a total prick, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 396July 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Mr. Eichner thinks that he's the funniest man on the planet. I'm very disappointed by the producers {mostly Ryan whom I adore but still}, Mr. Haynes had appeared with an attitude of a legendary movie star {Jessica, I miss you}. Sarah had changed so much in the last 18 months. I don't recognize her personality anymore, she is now one of those actors who only care about other actors. Thank God for people like Alison Pill, Billie Lourd or Christine Estabrook who keep my sanity intact. I miss the old days.

by Anonymousreply 397July 20, 2017 1:44 PM

Random gossip would be nice, Marcus. This thread is awesome. I knew Eichner was a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 398August 1, 2017 4:44 AM

Ive always heard Eichner was an asshole

by Anonymousreply 399August 1, 2017 5:17 AM

Their drunken road trip to see Cher was just a trash fire on social media. Pill looked like the only sane one of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 400August 24, 2017 1:15 PM

[quote]People who knew him way before he hit it big said he was a nasty, dismissive asshole.

We had a poster here who went to Northwestern University with Billy Eichner and said he was an absolute, total cunt. Also, he did a lot of coke which turned him even more cuntish, as coke always does. The poster said he couldn't believe Eichner made it as far in the business as he did, because he has no real talent.

by Anonymousreply 401August 24, 2017 1:23 PM

Not surprised to hear Eichner is an asshole, as others have said that has long since been the rumor.

Sad to hear Colton Haynes is such an annoying diva.

by Anonymousreply 402August 24, 2017 2:05 PM

OP Please tell us all about Sarah Paulson. I've heard she is a bitch and an opportunist, what did you see and hear from her? There is a lot of stories about her not being nice, only nice to people that she can benefit from.

by Anonymousreply 403August 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Sidibe was an obnoxious bitch on the set of that Laura Linney cancer thing., The Big C.

by Anonymousreply 404August 24, 2017 6:22 PM

OP, have you asked Estabrook about her time on Desperate Housewives? Because she told me that those bitches were MEAN, especially Teri Hatcher and Nicolette Sheridan.

by Anonymousreply 405August 24, 2017 6:23 PM

Alison is a total sweetie, hard worker, but just a bit hyper (for my tastes). Billy is an unhappy dour cunt who thinks he's hotter than he actually is.

Marcus, I've been called so many times to work on AHS and Feud, but it never panned out (I was available for the Academy days, but when they moved it to the next week, I wasn't). I even got called for Versace and still was unavail. But if I do get booked, I'll let you know, and we must have some secret handshake or hat or something to identify us.

by Anonymousreply 406August 25, 2017 4:45 AM

the racist creep was lying from beginning to end, especially about Siborey.

by Anonymousreply 407August 25, 2017 4:53 AM

R406, that's the only thing I don't like about Difficult People. The show makes him out to be way better looking than he actually is.

I'm sure every gay man in New York is just dying to hook up with someone with a shitty personality and a dead eye.

by Anonymousreply 408August 25, 2017 4:57 AM

Im actualy looking forward to the new season.

by Anonymousreply 409August 25, 2017 5:01 AM

Sorry, guys. I've been meaning to write something and answer the questions but my father died unexpectedly last Friday and I had to take a few days off and support my family.

by Anonymousreply 410September 7, 2017 4:42 PM

Omg. Im so sorry to hear that Marcus. Take all the time you need buddy.

by Anonymousreply 411September 8, 2017 4:50 AM

Thank you. Things are okay now. The relationship with my biological father has never been very good, it was a dream of mine to make it work one day but it's impossible now that he's dead. My "real father" - the one that actually raised me and was very present in my life died three years ago as well. But enough of my personal shit.

AHS Cult is done as you might have noticed, it was one of the most boring and unpleasant jobs ever. I'm working on an indie movie about an older actress in her late 60's who finally gets a lucrative offer after years and years of alcoholism and life in obscurity. I'm mostly focused on getting funds for this. The funny fact is that both Ryan and Sarah P. had read the script and Sarah immediately wanted me to consider Holland Taylor for this. I like Holland (only met her a few times) and I appreciate her as an actress but she's not my choice for this. And Ryan asked me if I based the actress on Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 412September 30, 2017 7:33 PM

hi Marcus, glad you're doing better. Would you mind to elaborate on why AHSCult was boring and unpleasant? TIA

by Anonymousreply 413September 30, 2017 8:18 PM

Good morning, folks! I don't mind. Yes, there was a significant change in the cast because actresses like Bates or Basset were no longer a part of the regular cast and the new people were ... less than interesting. The atmosphere on the set was very different because the joy of the earlier seasons is gone. Ryan's attention is fully focused on Versace and Katrina and AHS is slowly fading away. It's frustrating and everybody is aware of it. It's a well oiled machine at this point even though the ratings are dropping. AHS is not interesting anymore and even Ryan knows this. He keeps asking Jessica to come back and she keeps turning him down because she knows it's shitty nowadays and she's glad to be gone. I'm also done with it after this season. I won't be back anymore. Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 414October 1, 2017 12:03 PM

How's Billy Eichner on the set?

by Anonymousreply 415October 1, 2017 1:09 PM

Fascinating thread. Just read it in its entirety. To see op's progression is so indicative of everything Hollywood can be. Flash of fire that simmers to ash. Nothing lasts. Wishing you all the best on the indie, op. That sounds like a very cool project! And the behind the scenes mood of AHs is definitely how it's feeling onscreen to me as well.

by Anonymousreply 416October 1, 2017 2:20 PM

i understand that, Marcus. Seven seasons are a lot. Do you think this is gonna be the last?

by Anonymousreply 417October 1, 2017 3:33 PM

AHS has already been renewed for 2 more seasons r417.

by Anonymousreply 418October 1, 2017 3:37 PM

^wow...

by Anonymousreply 419October 1, 2017 3:41 PM

Are they already working on next years theme?

by Anonymousreply 420October 2, 2017 3:02 AM

Helo [R420]. Next year is probably going to be a crossover between Murder House and Coven.

by Anonymousreply 421October 2, 2017 2:19 PM

Thank you so much for all this awesome info, Marcus!

I'm a huge fan of the show, but this season has been atrocious. It feels like a totally different show. Technically, it still looks great, at least.

Any idea what the "secret season" Murphy has teased is about? It's apparently all written by/with one writer (one assumes Stephen King?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 2, 2017 10:01 PM

Thanks R421.

by Anonymousreply 423October 3, 2017 4:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your father and the sad state of this season (I'm trying to like it, but have to turn of the eps midway through because everyone is so annoying on it. I'm sad you're not on Versace-I dayplayed a couple of days and forgot to check in this thread, but it didn't matter anyways, because you're not on it.

It sounds like you're producing this indie movie?

Oh well, maybe next lifetime...

by Anonymousreply 424October 3, 2017 5:10 AM

Arrrgh, the "maybe next lifetime" was meant to be before the indie movie sentence...sorry!

by Anonymousreply 425October 3, 2017 5:10 AM

R410 Sorry to hear about that Marcus. Are you still working on that screenplay? I hope you do consider Faye Dunaway (you mentioned you met her in a thread) - that would be classic.

by Anonymousreply 426October 3, 2017 5:36 AM

Do Billy and Colton get naked this season, Marcus? I feel like it's leading up to that.

by Anonymousreply 427October 3, 2017 5:37 AM

Guys, something is off. Marcus says his father just died unexpectedly in September this year in R410 but in R186 he says his dad died in 2014.

"I lost my father in December of 2014"

He posted that October 2016. Someone's dad doesn't die twice.

by Anonymousreply 428October 3, 2017 5:59 AM

They are two different people. Looks like the old Marcus stopped posting, and a fraud started pretending to be him to bitch about Colton and Billy whatever. One problem. If you are going to catfish, bother to read the rest of the thread to get your story straight.

Damn, these basic bitches.

by Anonymousreply 429October 3, 2017 6:03 AM

Marcus made it clear that he has a biological father and the father who raised him. One died three years ago. One recently. There are not two Marcus posters, just dataloungers who jump the gun.

by Anonymousreply 430October 3, 2017 6:12 AM

Evan Peters is fuckin' hot as shit in that sleek, former skater, alterna-bro kinda way.

It was so hot when he took a piss in that condom and flung it. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 431October 3, 2017 3:24 PM

I know that part of this is bullshit because I have an in-law who used to be very close friends with Gabby. They were friends for years when they lived in the same city. That in-law is flaming. From what I know of her, she is not homophobic at all.

by Anonymousreply 432October 3, 2017 3:31 PM

[quote] she keeps turning him down because she knows it's shitty nowadays and she's glad to be gone.

Good for her. It's best to leave on top. I believe the season premiere of her fourth and final season Freakshow had the highest AHS ratings of all time.

by Anonymousreply 433October 3, 2017 6:18 PM

I have a question about AHS (the whole anthology so far): have they ever done a story involving shooting sprees? I ask because after the tragedy in Las Vegas I was thinking it could be a good plot for future seasons.

by Anonymousreply 434October 3, 2017 7:28 PM

Hello. It was done in the very first season with Evan Peters' character Tate. It was quite intense.

by Anonymousreply 435October 3, 2017 7:32 PM

oh ok. i don't follow the series, obs. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 436October 3, 2017 7:36 PM

Aaaannnd for the first time in six years and seven seasons, I officially quit American Horror Story. You were right Marcus, this season is an unwatchable pile of shit. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Bring on Versace, Versace, VERSACE!

by Anonymousreply 437October 4, 2017 4:58 AM

Remember when Dermot Mulroney had a career?

by Anonymousreply 438October 4, 2017 5:37 AM

This season is horrible. Holy shit, there is no point to it. Just a group of anarchists killing people for the sake of killing people. It's stupid. It's like Ryan Murphy tries to create these horrible murder scenarios just for the gore factor. I hate that.

by Anonymousreply 439October 4, 2017 6:18 AM

Holy crap, this is insufferable. Like a bad Lifetime moviem

by Anonymousreply 440October 4, 2017 7:23 AM

I don't enjoy AHS when it goes the sadistic gore route.. It didn't used to bother me as much but in the past year or so, I haven't been able to stand it on AHS or The Walking Dead anymore. Maybe there's too much of it in real life for me now.

by Anonymousreply 441October 4, 2017 12:22 PM

r42, most of the bisexuals I have known are married to their girlfriends from (fill in the blank).

by Anonymousreply 442October 4, 2017 12:34 PM

r434, in both the first season and the forth season, we saw shooting sprees.

HAUNTED HOUSE and ASYLUM will forever be the best of the bunch for me; COVEN was a huge disappointment (could have been so better) and too campy for me; FREAKSHOW started out well but meandered into total confusion with no end game at all; after a few episodes of HOTEL, I fled from the show (awful embarrassing mess). Had absolutely no interest in ROARKE or whatever the hell it was called, but this season's premise intrigued me so I've given it a chance again. OTT a bit, but what I appreciate is that it isn't a star vehicle - they are just using their actors without any attempt to throw the show on the back of a big name star.

by Anonymousreply 443October 4, 2017 12:47 PM

[QUOTE]HAUNTED HOUSE and ASYLUM will forever be the best of the bunch for me

It was called MURDER HOUSE.

by Anonymousreply 444October 4, 2017 4:54 PM

Thanks Marcus imposter for being such a stupid fake-ass troll.

by Anonymousreply 445October 4, 2017 6:00 PM

Marcus, please cast Faye Dunaway in your movie.

by Anonymousreply 446October 18, 2017 9:32 AM

Faye's too ancient. It's supposed to be for a woman in her 60s. Cast Debra Winger!

by Anonymousreply 447October 23, 2017 5:50 AM

Are you enjoying this new season of AHS? Lena Dunham (as exhausting and annoying as she can get) was really nice during the filming of her episode. She was super nervous about stepping into this territory since she usually does her own projects. We all know that she's not the best actress out there but she was sort of entertaining and campy (without realizing it). Her episode was supposed to be directed by Kathy Bates. But she got busy at the last minute - filming additional episodes of her Netflix show with Chuck Lorre. Sarah P. also wanted to direct one of the episodes because that is "the new thing now". Some people keep asking about her turning up on AHS season after season but she will undoubtedly stick with it until the very end because she'd like to get the "producer" credit and direct some episodes in the future. Might very well happen very soon. Billy Magnussen almost played Kai - can't reveal more. Evan wanted to explore other options, that's why Ryan keeps throwing all those characters at him (Warhol, Manson etc.).

The movie I'm working on - yes, I have found a producer who wants to do it. It's not Ryan. He would never support the idea. He's a lovely person but when you bring up a project of your own, he sort of pushes you out of the nest and wants you to fly on your own. Unless you are Jessica Lange ;) but I have talked to her about it, she was reluctant because it might be too close to her part in Feud without actual feud in it. But the fomer star and now an alcoholic who gets a comeback seemed to similar to Crawford. But that was way back in August. There are some other choices (J.S., K.B., F.D.) ... I have a new story about S. Sarandon but it's probably too weird to post ...

by Anonymousreply 448October 25, 2017 11:05 PM

[quote] I have a new story about S. Sarandon but it's probably too weird to post

"Too weird," you'd get in trouble? Or "too weird," no one on DL would appreciate? Because the latter is impossible.

by Anonymousreply 449October 25, 2017 11:45 PM

The first one! [R449]

by Anonymousreply 450October 25, 2017 11:53 PM

Good luck Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 451October 26, 2017 4:12 AM

R448 Marcus, so happy a producer is interested in your script. Please seriously consider F.D. for the role, she needs one more good role and all of us fans would be so thankful to you. Once again, very happy that your project is getting closer to fruition.

by Anonymousreply 452October 27, 2017 5:34 PM

R448 PLEASE post the weird story!! I'd love to hear it.

I loved Lena on AHS. I thought she was really great, and funny.

Marcus, what's Evan like on the set. I find him so very hot on Cult. Like, I would join any cult he was the leader of. He is very convincing in that part. Hot as a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 453October 27, 2017 5:55 PM

I'm still sort of shocked by Colton Haynes' wedding and even more shocked that I (with several of my former colleagues, along with some actors) received an invitation to that reception.

by Anonymousreply 454October 29, 2017 7:00 PM

R454 Why are you shocked by Colton's wedding?

by Anonymousreply 455October 29, 2017 7:05 PM

I am shocked that he actually did it and I am shocked that he invited people he barely spoke to. It was quite a crowd in there. I wish him well but this is not going to last. It was just an opportunity to become the center of attention for a little while and to promote himself on social media, in a couple of magazines, shows etc. People like him are not very genuine and they are not interested in things / activities that do NOT involve them in any way, shape or form.

by Anonymousreply 456October 29, 2017 7:27 PM

^wow, that was harsh!

by Anonymousreply 457October 29, 2017 7:33 PM

So you went to the reception? Had you met Jeff before??

by Anonymousreply 458October 29, 2017 7:35 PM

Oh, I think we all know this will never last. That Colto's an attention whore is nothing new but what really shocked me was seeing the photo of the groom. There's such insincerity in that florist's eyes I'm now convinced he's as much of a narcissist as his Instahusband.

by Anonymousreply 459October 29, 2017 7:35 PM

wait, Kris Jenner officiated? Talk about a classy affair!

by Anonymousreply 460October 29, 2017 7:43 PM

[Quote] There's such insincerity in that florist's eyes I'm now convinced he's as much of a narcissist as his Instahusband.

Aren't they all narcissists to some degree?

by Anonymousreply 461October 29, 2017 7:52 PM

I think I'm the one actually enjoying Cult. It started off so shitty. But it's grows on you. Or at least me.

by Anonymousreply 462October 29, 2017 8:19 PM

R453 shut up turd !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463October 29, 2017 8:23 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 464July 10, 2018 12:19 PM

OP do you have any gossip about Apocalypse/Cody Fern?

by Anonymousreply 465October 31, 2018 11:49 AM

gibourney is a major biatch. yikes, how she git work

he nor will anyone work with dunaway as she is cruel and nasty, lange is NOT

evan and fern are beloved on the set, kool guys, finn too

ryan has some awesome ideas for future shows. cant wait, he is genius....

by Anonymousreply 466October 31, 2018 12:06 PM

which of the actors trailers gets the most sex and ass fucking? in it...

hope cody is pounding finns' legendary manpuss..

by Anonymousreply 467October 31, 2018 1:23 PM

Marcus,

Hope all is well! How are things going with your indie movie?

by Anonymousreply 468October 31, 2018 4:03 PM

What's up w/ Paulson these days?

by Anonymousreply 469October 31, 2018 5:55 PM

R469 Hopefully she is getting some acting lessons. Her performance this season is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 470November 2, 2018 3:28 PM

r456, I'm one degree away from one of the actors, and they said that Gibourney is super cool and very intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 471November 2, 2018 5:15 PM

I opened the toilet door abruptly, and there was cody sitting on evan's face...

by Anonymousreply 472November 3, 2018 11:50 AM

[Quote] and they said that Gibourney is super cool and very intelligent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473November 3, 2018 2:36 PM

gib sposed to be super skunt

how she git work

o yea

by Anonymousreply 474November 4, 2018 12:11 AM

Giving this thread a bump to see if anybody has on-set gossip from Apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 475November 30, 2018 8:37 PM

Fuck off, Cody.

by Anonymousreply 476November 30, 2018 8:46 PM

I thought that Paulson did a great job directing 'Return to Murder House.' Her first time directing, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 477November 30, 2018 9:10 PM

Tell us all about Sarah Poulson and Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 478November 30, 2018 9:12 PM

Billie Lourd has clearly taken a few acting lessons since 'Cult.'

by Anonymousreply 479November 30, 2018 9:14 PM

What a dumb EST. You queens are easy marks

by Anonymousreply 480November 30, 2018 9:23 PM

Is Evan Peters cut or uncut.

by Anonymousreply 481November 30, 2018 9:36 PM

He was raised Catholic. American Catholic men are usually cut.

by Anonymousreply 482November 30, 2018 10:50 PM

R482 Um, wut?

by Anonymousreply 483November 30, 2018 11:50 PM

Bump. Surely someone has been on the Apocalypse set and has details!

by Anonymousreply 484December 4, 2018 6:55 PM

Murphy receives his Walk of Fame star today. Leslie Grossman has been putting up highlights on her Instagram story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485December 4, 2018 9:35 PM

He paid the 30K. Congrats

by Anonymousreply 486December 4, 2018 10:36 PM

Hey Marcus, Thank you for all your fun and interesting postings. I am one of your loyal fans. I am a government attorney in NYC, so what I do everyday, at times noble, is so uninteresting when compared to your life. A few years ago I lived in the same East Village cooperative as Chloe Sevigny. She had a very aloof reputation during her time there. Such an attractive lady, but always in a mood. Please keep posting. XXOO

by Anonymousreply 487December 4, 2018 11:05 PM

Marcus mentioned that he's out of AHS now, fully out of the Murphy camp, working on his own project.

by Anonymousreply 488December 4, 2018 11:49 PM

No gossip at all from the Apocalypse set?

by Anonymousreply 489December 5, 2018 3:08 AM

Murphy said today that THE WITCHES ARE COMING BACK !.....just not next season.

by Anonymousreply 490December 5, 2018 1:37 PM

Ugh, Coven is horseshit

by Anonymousreply 491December 5, 2018 5:18 PM

Not a single GG nom for AHS this year.

by Anonymousreply 492December 6, 2018 5:13 PM

I'm wondering how the hell they got nominated in the past R492.

by Anonymousreply 493December 6, 2018 5:17 PM

'Asylum' was an excellent season, but that quality has not been matched since.

by Anonymousreply 494December 6, 2018 8:09 PM

Amen R494.

I cringe every time a gay man goes on and on about how Asylum sucks but Coven was AMAZING.

by Anonymousreply 495December 6, 2018 8:52 PM

Coven was campy as fuck and featured tons of capes, hats and catfights. No surprise, really.

by Anonymousreply 496December 6, 2018 8:54 PM

It was also terribly written R496

by Anonymousreply 497December 6, 2018 9:00 PM

@497 worse than hotel?

by Anonymousreply 498December 10, 2018 7:30 PM

Asylum is still the gold standard for me in terms of actual horror. I thought it balanced actual terror and stakes with a little dab of camp here and there (i.e. The Name Game, Lily Rabe being possessed, etc.). It all felt like it was serving a purpose in the story, though. I actually wasn't completely thrilled with Murder House and it felt like a pastiche of a bunch of better movies and TV shows strung together. Lange made it event television.

Asylum had interesting, likable characters you could root for and feel danger for (Paulson's never been better than as Lana) and was pretty dark and mean spirited. The alien stuff was pretty dumb and I certainly remember the first episode seeming like a total clusterfuck, but it actually got better as it went along and turned into something surprisingly intense, scary, and even rather moving.

Coven started off beautifully and fell apart mid-way through. Of course, that seems to be the fan favorite. The dumber and campier it got, the more they seemed to love it. When characters kept dying and coming back over and over again, I checked out. How can you care about these people when there are no stakes. If death isn't even a big deal, where's the threat?

by Anonymousreply 499December 10, 2018 8:55 PM

Asylum is the only season I'd buy on Blu.

by Anonymousreply 500December 10, 2018 10:59 PM

Marcus, you had mentioned upthread a while ago that you could never picture Joan Collins on AHS - you said it would be another 'Alexis' character. Well, Murphy cast her in Apocalypse and her character was a complete homage to Alexis. Did you see it? Any info from that set?

by Anonymousreply 501December 15, 2018 6:30 PM

R454, R456

You were certainly right.

by Anonymousreply 502March 30, 2019 6:35 AM

Any info on the new season?

by Anonymousreply 503March 30, 2019 9:16 AM

R502 right about what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 504March 30, 2019 1:52 PM

Read the posts they were referring to above R504, about Colton's marriage not lasting.

I think a lot of us knew they wouldn't last either though.

by Anonymousreply 505March 31, 2019 2:31 AM

So, any ideas about what the new season will be? There's usually hints in the season finale and Murphy has declared the witches will not be back this season, but will return in the future. I'd love a period piece, especially a Western with exploration of American Indian myths and whatnot, plus cowboys and a Deadwood type vibe.

by Anonymousreply 506April 1, 2019 1:16 AM

"Freak Show" had the best episode -- "Orphans" about Pepper's back story.

by Anonymousreply 507April 1, 2019 1:23 AM

R506 Murphy changes his mind on a whim, so I wouldn't think too hard after clues

by Anonymousreply 508April 1, 2019 2:31 AM

Please, please, PLEASE no American history, colonial times, Western themes, Civil War reenactments. They tried that with Roanoke, it was dull as dishwater, and most people gave up on the season. There was a reason Deadwood was cancelled. No one gave a shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 509April 2, 2019 10:04 PM

Sure, OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 2, 2019 10:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!