Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Horror Story: Apocalypse - Part Two

Keep bitching, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 600October 11, 2018 10:04 PM

Link to Part 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 20, 2018 7:29 AM

Screencaps or gifs please, of Evan getting plowed by the leather man!

by Anonymousreply 2September 20, 2018 8:34 AM

Evan is gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 20, 2018 8:36 AM

So hot as Tate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 20, 2018 8:37 AM

Can anyone explain why Nana was dressed up in the latex fetish gear?

by Anonymousreply 5September 20, 2018 8:50 AM

Did you see this????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 20, 2018 9:08 AM

I didn't realize that Cody Fem is the same age as Evan. Cody seems younger.

by Anonymousreply 7September 20, 2018 9:12 AM

If the Evan Peter's character hated his Nana so much, why did he bring her??

by Anonymousreply 8September 20, 2018 9:24 AM

It just keeps getting worse and worse...

by Anonymousreply 9September 20, 2018 9:29 AM

[quote]That scene with Evan and the Leather Guy was HOT!!

Latex not leather.

by Anonymousreply 10September 20, 2018 9:49 AM

I asked the same question about Evan's character running through a pre-nuclear pandemonium in order to save his grandmother if he despises her so much. Also- no one questions the fact (or at least what they're being told) that people paid $100m and the government spent a shit ton of money to find people with the best genes, yet they only have three bunkers TOTAL in the US, and the one we're seeing has maybe a dozen purples tops?

This season truly is the nadir. Though I didn't watch Cult, with every other season, even if I've turned out to dislike it, I've always found some reason to keep watching. Even Roanoke, which for me was the least appealing, I was curious to see where it was going (which, apparently was in a circle from the house to the production trailer to the hillbillies and back, over and over and over). Hotel was a disaster, but the production design and then camerawork and several of the performances were quite wonderful.

But this- I'm honestly not sure I'm going to hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 11September 20, 2018 3:51 PM

[quote]If the Evan Peter's character hated his Nana so much, why did he bring her??

I assume it is supposed to be some co-dependent thing where he says he hates her but really doesn't know what he woud do without her. I mean they basically said it last night, he has always begged for her approval.

[quote]Latex not leather.

Yes it is very obviously not leather, everything that is black is not leather!

by Anonymousreply 12September 20, 2018 4:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 20, 2018 4:13 PM

If he always begged for her approval, he had a funny way of showing it.

by Anonymousreply 14September 20, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]I didn't realize that Cody Fem is the same age as Evan. Cody seems younger.

Well biologically Michael Langdon is only 9....

by Anonymousreply 15September 20, 2018 4:28 PM

[quote]Also- no one questions the fact (or at least what they're being told) that people paid $100m and the government spent a shit ton of money to find people with the best genes, yet they only have three bunkers TOTAL in the US, and the one we're seeing has maybe a dozen purples tops?

Yeah, these centers do seem very underpopulated. Best not to think about it too closely, no AHS season can survive logical scrutiny.

All I really ask of the show is to keep me entertained.

by Anonymousreply 16September 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Did they say there were only three other bunkers or that three other bunkers had already been 'overrun'?

by Anonymousreply 17September 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Was it ever explained how the world still has wi-fi? And how the laptop's battery is being charged?

by Anonymousreply 18September 20, 2018 4:43 PM

I don't think Bates is supposed to be a cyborg. I think her flesh is rotting due to radiation contamination. And Nana wasn't really in the latex suit. Langdon used his antichrist/vampire powers to make Evans see things different than reality.

by Anonymousreply 19September 20, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote] Did they say there were only three other bunkers or that three other bunkers had already been 'overrun'?

They said there were three bunkers in the US and that two had been attacked. And there are more internationally, but they didn't say how many.

by Anonymousreply 20September 20, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote]Was it ever explained how the world still has wi-fi? And how the laptop's battery is being charged?

Obviously that is meant to be a mystery, the characters who saw it were equally as confused as the audience is meant to be.

[quote] And Nana wasn't really in the latex suit. Langdon used his antichrist/vampire powers to make Evans see things different than reality.

I assumed that poster was making a joke, if not, Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 21September 20, 2018 5:30 PM

[quote]I don't think Bates is supposed to be a cyborg. I think her flesh is rotting due to radiation contamination.

Look again, there were clearly mechanical parts visible.

by Anonymousreply 22September 20, 2018 5:35 PM

Wow, I love the second episode even more than the first one. The whole thing seemed like lifted directly off Datalounge (The Datalounge Shelter & Millennials vs. Eldergays and some HISSSSSSSing snakes, oldies music, Alexis!).

We had at least four Chrises who could star in a movie. How many did you have? (Another DL thread shoutout).

Seems like the are doing more of a vignette thing where they cover a couple of short stories instead of having a story arc lasting the entire season. Maybe three or four differerent stories about the post apocalyptic horror of surviving.

by Anonymousreply 23September 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Michael Langdon is playing AntiChrist tricks on everyone....they are being manipulated with hallucinations....i.e...Rubberman turning into Evie....the computer, which is something the teens would be attracted to even though everyone is shocked it exists. Hes seeing how far everyone will go in their depravity.

(note...Emily states she thinks the computer is on a satellite system)

by Anonymousreply 24September 20, 2018 6:05 PM

Regarding the leather vs. latex thing. In season one Chad (Zach Quinto) finds out that his lover is into leather and buys the rubber latex suit only to get dissed by Patrick (Teddy Sears) that latex (and being into latex) is totally different from (being into) leather.

by Anonymousreply 25September 20, 2018 6:46 PM

Reddit is already recasting Michael. Cody is a dud.

by Anonymousreply 26September 20, 2018 6:56 PM

[quote] That scene with Evan and the Leather Guy was HOT!!

[quote] Latex not leather.

That reminds me of season one where Chad (Zach Quinto) finds out his boyfriend Patrick (Teddy Sears) is into leather and buys the latex suit only to get dissed by Patrick that latex, and being into latex, isn't the same as (being into) leather.

by Anonymousreply 27September 20, 2018 7:03 PM

LOL. r27 here. Sorry for the double post. My post at r25 didn't show up and I thought it didn't get through. Only with r27 I realized I accidently ignored myself. LOL! Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 28September 20, 2018 7:06 PM

Are we going to be in this underground bunker the whole season? Snore.

Also, the black woman (the one who played the tv reporter last season) can't act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 29September 20, 2018 8:32 PM

Does anyone really give a shit about the love interest couple? I was so happy when I thought they were gonna get wiped.

by Anonymousreply 30September 20, 2018 8:38 PM

r30 I sure don't. Neither of them have any screen presence let alone chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 31September 20, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote]Look again, there were clearly mechanical parts visible.

And milky white "blood" like in "Alien" & "Aliens"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 20, 2018 10:15 PM

"We need to make sure we have a young, cute hetero romance". They feel like they are only there to check a box.

by Anonymousreply 33September 20, 2018 10:15 PM

Who does, R33? They don't act like that's what they believe. Their story is just incredibly boring and they have absolutely no personalities at all.

by Anonymousreply 34September 20, 2018 10:25 PM

The young couple is there because they were chosen for their DNA and are intended to repopulate the world. The others paid to be there, but are basically worthless.

by Anonymousreply 35September 20, 2018 11:01 PM

Yes everyone recognizes the in-story reason for their existence r35, that's completely different to what they are actually adding to the TV show.

(And as was mentioned earlier, if the goal is to repopulate the earth it is insanity that this center had all of 2 people picked for good genes)

by Anonymousreply 36September 20, 2018 11:05 PM

The others might not have made it to the shelter....look at the rich girls family...they were in Tokyo....

by Anonymousreply 37September 20, 2018 11:09 PM

Building from R24, if the Rubber Man vision felt tangible to Gallant in Evie’s room, I wonder if another bunker dweller was wrapped in the Rubber Man vision when fucking Gallant.

by Anonymousreply 38September 21, 2018 12:09 AM

He had his own thread a few years ago, but I cant believe DL AHS watchers are ignoring the twinkalicious Kyle Allen.

He has an exotic JGL/Josh Hartnett type of look, and he’s a dancer. Yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 21, 2018 1:05 AM

Maybe when he learns to act R39.

by Anonymousreply 40September 21, 2018 1:31 AM

However flawed it may be, AHS is usually more interesting than most network shows. This year is an exception. It's like a remake of Hotel-people check in, people die-with less style, less interesting characters, fewer interesting actors and lots of bad music. Hopefully it will pick up when more characters are introduced.

by Anonymousreply 41September 21, 2018 1:43 AM

I watched episodes one and two earlier this evening. Joan's snobbery and name-dropping is a hoot.

I'm enjoying it but I think I've guessed the upcoming surprise twist.

As for the bunkers, didn't they say in episode one there were ten in the world.

by Anonymousreply 42September 21, 2018 1:58 AM

Yeah watching a bunch of people hang around in a dark bunker isn't that exciting.

It some ways it is similar to the Asylum setting, but there was some top tier acting and characters that season.

by Anonymousreply 43September 21, 2018 1:58 AM

In previews, Venable says its All Hallows Eve.....and it showed the witches walking to the compound....which would make sense since we know most of the witches are dead....Misty, Madison, Queenie, Myrtle.....they show up on Halloween....and the Halloween story arch usually lasts 2 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 44September 21, 2018 2:10 AM

So tired of the bunker already. I just don't believe that these characters wouldn't have killed each other already in all the months that have passed. Or that they wouldn't have found a way to revolt against Paulson and Bates and Amazon Eve.

It will be nice to have a glimpse of the witches, but considering how bad these first two episodes are, I'm not holding out hope that even Misty Day can resurrect this dead mess.

by Anonymousreply 45September 21, 2018 2:21 AM

Ratings were shit for this week as well.

This is going to go down as the biggest bomb in the series's history.

by Anonymousreply 46September 21, 2018 3:22 AM

The show is a rip-off of "Mother!"

by Anonymousreply 47September 21, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote] The show is a rip-off of "Mother!"

So who's playing the Debbie Reynolds character?

by Anonymousreply 48September 21, 2018 3:40 AM

Billie Lourd and Adina Porter are the worst actors ever.

by Anonymousreply 49September 21, 2018 5:07 AM

Holy shit! I just watched MANDY, the ridiculously over-the-top and crazy Nicholas Cage movie (which currently holds a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes)... and APOCALYPSE directly rips off basically the entire thing. There are at least a dozen things I could mention, but if you watch the movie you'll see it was the major influence for this season. It was gob-smacking to witness that someone on the creative team saw this and stole a plethora of images/ideas/etc... watch and see.

by Anonymousreply 50September 21, 2018 5:46 AM

Such shitty writing and acting. This season could possibly be worst then the last one, kudos.

by Anonymousreply 51September 21, 2018 6:13 AM

It is so bad. So very bad. Even for Murphy...it is very bad.

Very

Bad

by Anonymousreply 52September 21, 2018 6:15 AM

TBH I think this is the best AHS since HOTEL, tons of glamorous, gritty mise en scene (Rubber Man aka The Antichrist as Joan Collins fucking Evan Peters included). Obviously, it will reboot ala ROANOKE and spin off new stories of the apocalypse in the coming weeks. I'm loving it.

by Anonymousreply 53September 21, 2018 8:32 AM

I like it, too. And the storyline around Kyle Allen's character is a nice contrast to the usual dark and gritty AHS story. And that sort of constrast is usually happen in AHS. AHS: Coven (Nan and the neighbor's son), AHS: Freakshow (the Gummer girl and the circus guy) for example.

by Anonymousreply 54September 21, 2018 8:46 AM

Sorry, I meant . And that sort of contrast isn't so unusual.

by Anonymousreply 55September 21, 2018 8:47 AM

[quote]Yeah watching a bunch of people hang around in a dark bunker isn't that exciting.

But they're wearing Victorian clothes!

[quote]APOCALYPSE directly rips off basically the entire thing.

Homage Dear, it's an homage!

by Anonymousreply 56September 21, 2018 8:48 AM

Now that you posted what you did R50, I hope that Murphy doesn't get sued.

There have been copyright suits for much less in Hollywood, so it could very well happen.

Not only would it be a disaster of a season, but it could really hurt Ryan Murphy's credibility in the industry.

That's not good.

by Anonymousreply 57September 21, 2018 9:20 AM

R19 Love your theory. I think Michael is half vampire too.

by Anonymousreply 58September 21, 2018 9:31 AM

[quote] If the Evan Peter's character hated his Nana so much, why did he bring her??

[quote] I assume it is supposed to be some co-dependent thing where he says he hates her but really doesn't know what he woud do without her. I mean they basically said it last night, he has always begged for her approval.

There is also a bit of selfloathing involved where you hate yourself for being so desperate for other people's approval and your own approval isn't enough. But then we usually are raised to hunger for other people's approval and go out of our way (pushing our own needs, desires, and moral compass aside) to get it.

by Anonymousreply 59September 21, 2018 9:37 AM

It's been known that Murphy will cherry pick images or themes from Iconic horror movies. He's acknowledged it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 21, 2018 12:34 PM

It used to be easy to find those references in the earlier seasons, R60, but not so much now it seems.

by Anonymousreply 61September 21, 2018 12:40 PM

Probably because he isn't that much involved in later seasons.

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2018 12:44 PM

Goddamn, where did they find this Cody Fern thing? Cannot act for shit, and he always looks distracted in his scenes, like he can't wait for them to say "cut" so he can rush back to his phone and check out Instagram. This is supposed to be the antichrist?? He looks like he could be taken down by a mild breeze.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2018 5:21 PM

He was good in Versace R63 but I agree something is off here. He's just not menacing in any kind of way he needs to be.

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2018 5:27 PM

Anyone think that it will turn out that Mikey Langdon is just manipulating everyone's minds into thinking there was an apocalypse and it will turn out that the world is running business as usual? He's just playing with this bunch for fun and his real plan is to use the cute young couple to breed more little Satans?

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2018 5:29 PM

[quote] Anyone think that it will turn out that Mikey Langdon is just manipulating everyone's minds into thinking there was an apocalypse and it will turn out that the world is running business as usual? He's just playing with this bunch for fun and his real plan is to use the cute young couple to breed more little Satans?

Hang on, let me jot that down.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2018 5:34 PM

I think you're watching the wrong show if you're looking for any of it to be logical or have any kind of meaning.

by Anonymousreply 67September 21, 2018 5:37 PM

I simply adore the clothes.

by Anonymousreply 68September 21, 2018 5:41 PM

[quote] Anyone think that it will turn out that Mikey Langdon is just manipulating everyone's minds into thinking there was an apocalypse

Yes that was my thought for the surprise twist. But we shouldn't spell out such possible spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 69September 21, 2018 5:44 PM

I was fascinated by the eye makeup on Cody Fern - just those two reddish spots on the inner eyelid makes him look devilish, dangerous and alien. OT: Every time I see the name Cody Fern, I have to remind myself that he and CODY HORN are different actors. FYI: Cody Horn is a terrible actress whose most notable role was the female lead in Magic Mike, which she got because her dad is some HW bigwig. For some reason, her name got stuck in my head.

by Anonymousreply 70September 21, 2018 5:47 PM

I think the twist will be that pretty much everyone is already dead. I think the witches are dead....thats why they show up on Halloween. Theyre in a kind of purgatory or something.

by Anonymousreply 71September 21, 2018 7:47 PM

My guess is that wasn't the first time Joan Collins has worn a PVC Domme outfit to assault a younger man.

by Anonymousreply 72September 21, 2018 8:18 PM

I just checked Google to find out does the term the "antichrist" automatically mean Satan, the devil, Lucifer. Some definitions say yes but some others say the antichrist is the son of Lucifer and is evil incarnate to bring despair upon the world. Now I'm confused....

by Anonymousreply 73September 21, 2018 8:57 PM

Well, since the Finale of Hotel took place in Los Angeles on October 30 2022, then the nuclear wasteland has to be fake or prevented by time travel, or Ryan Murphy and co. are the shittiest writers ever.

It's easy to believe they are, but Murphy and co. do want all the seasons to make sense together so we shall see.

by Anonymousreply 74September 21, 2018 9:08 PM

It's possible to nuke Los Angeles and the rest of the world just shrug it off. They already demonstrated this in "24".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 21, 2018 9:17 PM

Yes one city being nuked is not the end of the world, but way more than Los Angeles got nuked r75, the first episode mentioned a list of other cities that were attacked.

by Anonymousreply 76September 21, 2018 9:21 PM

Where does it say that Hotel was part of this series' timeline?

by Anonymousreply 77September 21, 2018 9:39 PM

Huh r77? They are all part of the series timeline. That was the creative decision they made that all of these seasons take place in the same world, that is why you have all these crossovers now, like Queenie and Billie Dean showing up in Hotel that season.

by Anonymousreply 78September 21, 2018 9:49 PM

I agree about Cody Fern. He was very good in Versace but in this his evil character is blah.

by Anonymousreply 79September 21, 2018 9:56 PM

Leather Man

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 21, 2018 9:56 PM

Soooo in a wold where witches, the Anti-Christ, Joan Collins and vampires exist people are worried about plot consistency?

by Anonymousreply 81September 21, 2018 9:59 PM

And Marcy the realtor who sold the Murder House to the Harmons also sold The Cortez to Will Drake.

by Anonymousreply 82September 21, 2018 10:02 PM

There's nothing worse than forced camp, and that's almost all Wednesday's episode was. That ridiculousness of Evan Peters yelling out the names of "gay icons of the 70s" or some such nonsense between lashings was just too much.

by Anonymousreply 83September 21, 2018 11:08 PM

This last week's episode wasnt great. It has to get better, right? I'm too hopeful. I just want the witches and ghosts to show up.

by Anonymousreply 84September 21, 2018 11:24 PM

There's nothing interesting about the characters. They're just plain ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 85September 21, 2018 11:39 PM

Murphy really should have just done AHS: Coven S2 since it appears most people are just waiting for the "witches" to appear.

Out of all of his seasons, it appears that one is still one of the most talked about.

by Anonymousreply 86September 21, 2018 11:39 PM

Coven fell apart in the second half but it was overall campy fun with interesting and dynamic characters.

by Anonymousreply 87September 21, 2018 11:47 PM

The preview for next week shows three of the witches(Cordelia, Madison and Myrtle I'm assuming) walking to the outpost. But it could be from episode 5 for all we know. Not getting my hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 88September 21, 2018 11:49 PM

IT does say scenes "from the next episode" R88.

by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2018 12:32 AM

Cody Fern needs acting lessons.

by Anonymousreply 90September 22, 2018 12:32 AM

Someone did a screen capture from when the two teenagers were looking at Michaels laptop.....the main message was that Venable had created her own rules and that after interviewing her and Gallant, he deemed them "red" and that they would be executed when the interviews were done....and he only saw two people who were worthy, and they were questionable.

The messages in the que were about DNA tests on embryos and the fall of the other outposts....one had a radiation breach and everyone there was infected.

by Anonymousreply 91September 22, 2018 1:13 AM

R89 pretty sure previews for episode 2 had clips of the witches so....

by Anonymousreply 92September 22, 2018 1:48 AM

[quote]Cody Fern needs acting lessons.

Yeah, he’s just not up for this role.

by Anonymousreply 93September 22, 2018 1:50 AM

Unfortunately for Fern, when he uses his real voice, a million purses drop out. He is unbelievably femme irl.

by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2018 3:05 AM

Finn Whitrock needed to be the Antichrist. He could pull off sexy devil.

by Anonymousreply 95September 22, 2018 3:44 AM

So sad Lange chose to return in such a low quality season. Like Crawford reduced to "Trog".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 22, 2018 3:51 AM

Huh, r78, I thought it was just Murder House x Coven.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2018 4:12 AM

There was no "next week on AHS" after the first episode, R92, so...

by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2018 5:45 AM

I've been watching since S1 - liked the series up to S3 and have disliked all the rest. This new season made me realize how much I forgot from S1, like it ending with Michael Langdon being a lil Antichrist and being raised by Jessica Lange and Tate being the father. Totally blanked on that, so I started rewatching S1 on Amazon last night.

I'm up to episode 3 and the show is reminding me how I got hooked. It's very spooky and surreal and Jessica Lange is a hoot, spitting out hilarious but cringe-worthy lines about her own Down's Syndrome daughter, and the genius move to have the wife see the maid as an older woman but the husband sees a hot, sexy vixen. And I must say, I also forgot that Jessica looks pretty damn good - she doesn't look pulled back or scary like some surgery victims do. I also saw that a future Walking Dead actor had a small part in this: Christian Serratos, who plays Rosita has a little part as a snobby high school student.

by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2018 6:26 PM

Pretty Kyle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2018 10:40 PM

R73, why look online when it's right there in your Bible? The Book of Revelations is where the antichrist mythology started. Any online theories are just speculation as to how it's interpreted.

by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2018 10:53 PM

I find it hard to imagine what Cody Fern is like in bed. We know he's a top given his ugly twink boyfriend. He's so femme himself though. I imagine the twink rides him. lol

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2018 11:30 PM

Femme guys can be great tops when they know what to do with their big dicks. You know a reverse "Butch in the Streets, Femme in the Sheets".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2018 11:33 PM

After seeing what Cody's brother is packing (nothing), I doubt he's that great.

by Anonymousreply 104September 23, 2018 1:36 AM

Cody's got a fever blister on his lip all the time.

by Anonymousreply 105September 23, 2018 1:36 AM

ths is

by Anonymousreply 106September 23, 2018 1:37 AM

r104

where did you see

by Anonymousreply 107September 23, 2018 1:40 AM

Cody's bro has an Instagram account where he's nude all the time. We discussed it a million times.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2018 1:41 AM

I like it. I’m fascinated by AHS, yes it usually disappoints but the opening credits terrify me and o always end up learning something, even just researching the old movies from which RM steals.

Is the be-antlered stick monster from’ opening credits this season from Coven too? I swear I recall it being used before...

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2018 3:12 AM

Here he is! Yes, in Coven too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2018 3:16 AM

Yes, the opening credits are some new, some old imagery.

The antlered skeleton is from Coven as well as a baby picture from Murder House is also flashed during the credits.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote]He had his own thread a few years ago, but I cant believe DL AHS watchers are ignoring the twinkalicious Kyle Allen.

I stopped watching The Path before he cut his Heath-Ledger- in- 10- Things- I- Hate- About- You- Hair and before his character became bisexual. Now I have to go back to watch.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2018 6:00 PM

I watched the first two seasons of The Path because I have a friend in the cast. It was agony sitting through it because it's such a horrible show, and Kyle Allen was one of the worst actors on it. I finally realized they were never going to give my friend anything to do even with a regular role, so I bailed.

Kyle may be pretty, but he's dull as dishwater.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2018 6:09 PM

[quote]Kyle may be pretty, but he's dull as dishwater.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2018 9:43 PM

The second episode was better than the first, so I shall watch the third episode. That's how I am taking AH, one episode at a time. I will no longer invest more than five episodes if the show goes wonky.

by Anonymousreply 115September 24, 2018 5:55 AM

R114, stick your Oh Dear up your ass. The phrase has been said incorrectly for decades and pretty much by everyone that it's basically now considered to be dishwater. It's not as though we're talking about anything but snarky slang, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 116September 24, 2018 5:11 PM

[quote]The phrase has been said incorrectly for decades and pretty much by everyone that it's basically now considered to be dishwater.

Bwahahahaha!!! No it hasn’t, you dropout, retard.

by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2018 5:29 PM

This idiom site lists both "dull as dishwater" and "dull as ditchwater."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2018 7:17 PM

Not sure what the whole argument has to do with anything, but I've never heard the term dull as Ditchwater.

by Anonymousreply 119September 24, 2018 11:57 PM

It's ditchwater.

If you wish to continue riding the short bus, go ahead and sound like you came out of a trailer park. Those of us who are educated will just point and laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 25, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote]Not sure what the whole argument has to do with anything, but I've never heard the term dull as Ditchwater.

Phrase, not term.

by Anonymousreply 121September 25, 2018 12:39 AM

It is already terrible, and it is only episode 3.

by Anonymousreply 122September 25, 2018 12:42 AM

Fern is horrible. He’s like a bitchy wedding planner from Sex and the City. The only redeeming thing in this show WAS Mz Collins. RIP...

by Anonymousreply 123September 25, 2018 1:32 AM

I want to hear Sarah Paulson say “ditch/dish water” with her baby lisp.

by Anonymousreply 124September 25, 2018 1:32 AM

Now that we know Jessica is back for at least one episode (and has been filmed on set just this weekend), there is hope that the 2nd cycle will be better. Joan has said she is playing 3 characters, as are Paulson and Peters. It is going to reboot either this week or next ala ROANOKE and become a completely different thing. I'm assuming it will be 3 separate entities (APOCALYPSE/COVEN/MURDER HOUSE). Have they announced how many episodes this season? Tim Minear wrote Episode 4 so I assume that's when the changeover/reboot will occur. I hope Ryan Murphy wrote Jessica's episode (though I have little doubt he wrote her scenes).

by Anonymousreply 125September 25, 2018 2:13 AM

10 episodes this season

by Anonymousreply 126September 25, 2018 2:19 AM

You do realize it is supposed to be a tie into all the other AHS stories.

by Anonymousreply 127September 25, 2018 2:29 AM

Uh, yeah. How much more obvious could they have made it with Michael Langdon showing up with Connie Britton's wig? And, last week, Rubber Man raping Evan Peters (who was the original Rubber Man who impregnated Connie Britton with the Antichrist in the first place)? I'm glad the witches haven't showed up yet. Ditto Jessica.

by Anonymousreply 128September 25, 2018 2:35 AM

Azura Skye played a character named Fiona in the "Afterbirth" episode of S1, obsessed with murder scenes, etc.. I wonder if there is a connection between her and Fiona Goode (as in Fiona Goode possessed her to confront Connie Britton to play out the murders that occurred as a result of her coming to Murder House).

by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2018 2:40 AM

Murder House and coven will both cross over, so far the rubber man from murder house has shown up. s1 they had the craigslist psychic said that a child of a human and a spirit would be the anti-christ and usher in the apocalypse. My guess is the young guy is that child.

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2018 2:49 AM

Only 8 episodes to go....how will they get out of this mess? 8 episodes of Evan taking it up the ass would be ok

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2018 2:58 AM

You're sooooo sharp, R130.

by Anonymousreply 132September 25, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote] t's ditchwater. If you wish to continue riding the short bus, go ahead and sound like you came out of a trailer park. Those of us who are educated will just point and laugh.

Awww, you poor, sad thing. it must be hard on you every time someone proves you wrong. Luckily for us, we find it amusing.

by Anonymousreply 133September 25, 2018 4:11 PM

R133 = Trump U graduate.

by Anonymousreply 134September 26, 2018 12:00 AM

I keep thinking these dumb posts have be to sarcasm.

I mean even if you miss all the promotional material for the season, missed the name of the character, it has also been mentioned roughly 100x in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 135September 26, 2018 12:01 AM

Don't forget DL rule #45, R135-"Everything I Have To Say Is So Important That I can't Be Bothered To Read The Thread First."

by Anonymousreply 136September 26, 2018 6:54 AM

Episode 3 leaked online again thanks to it being on FX+. lmao.

FX is trying to kill this show.

by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2018 8:11 AM

Spoil it for us, R137.

Any witches yet? The Harmons?

by Anonymousreply 138September 26, 2018 9:13 AM

Yes, witches, but it’s again, really, REALLY LAME.

by Anonymousreply 139September 26, 2018 9:24 AM

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Cody Fern needs some serious acting lessons. Holy shit was he terrible in this episode (#3). This is worse than daytime television!

by Anonymousreply 140September 26, 2018 9:29 AM

Delia, Myrtle & Madison?

by Anonymousreply 141September 26, 2018 9:30 AM

It’s small.

by Anonymousreply 142September 26, 2018 9:31 AM

This is cameo shit and flashbacks. Sloooooow.

by Anonymousreply 143September 26, 2018 9:32 AM

Do they explain why Bates is an android?

by Anonymousreply 144September 26, 2018 9:33 AM

r137 is full of shit and a troll......the episode IS NOT available yet on FX+.....I have FX+ and the only episodes available (as of 3 seconds ago) are the first and second.

by Anonymousreply 145September 26, 2018 3:38 PM

R145 is full of shit, all three are available, I, and everyone on ATRL are discussing it. You can even search Twitter. Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 146September 26, 2018 3:40 PM

I hope y’all bitches have FX+ because #AmericanHorrorStoryApocalypse episode 3 is up already and it’s beyond fucking amazing! Thank you @AHSFX #NoSpoilers 🍞 🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 26, 2018 3:42 PM

Episode 3 is where it’s at!!! American horror story

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148September 26, 2018 3:43 PM

I watched it. So phenomenal and classic AHS mind scramble. I'm starting to think this might be one if the best seasons and we're only on episode 3. 😆

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 26, 2018 3:44 PM

Someone already ripped a scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 26, 2018 3:46 PM

I'll admit that scene was pretty good-wouldn't it be swell if she was Myrtle reincarnated (it's the glasses).

by Anonymousreply 151September 26, 2018 4:32 PM

Yeah, that looks really good at R150.

by Anonymousreply 152September 26, 2018 4:55 PM

I am curious where to find the torrent for this new, leaked episode, because the big one, rarbg, doesn't have it. But then it's only a few hours away from being aired on FX anyway.

by Anonymousreply 153September 26, 2018 5:05 PM

Spoilers anyone?

by Anonymousreply 154September 26, 2018 7:49 PM

I wasn't really vibing with the first two episodes, but I liked this one for what it is worth.

by Anonymousreply 155September 27, 2018 1:05 AM

No spoilers huh?

by Anonymousreply 156September 27, 2018 1:26 AM

It airs in 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 157September 27, 2018 1:27 AM

It’s a shame that song has been overused in commercials lately, but it was still a fabulous entrance.

by Anonymousreply 158September 27, 2018 3:04 AM

Okay.

So out the like 10 people at the damn outpost, three of them happen to be witches?

Kathy Bates is based on Constance because Michael misses his mother? But she hasn't really seemed Constance-esque at all.

Still though, I liked it. It was good to see scenes of the outside world, I though the scene were Michael realizes Lourd is a witch was cool, and of course the witches entrance was everything.

But Lourd has some past persona in her? And apparently someone that Madison knows?

by Anonymousreply 159September 27, 2018 3:10 AM

Why didnt they ever mention that the black gay guy was Dinas son.....and obviously, based on the exchange between her and Michael, that she is a witch. Mallory is a witch, but she doesnt know....since Madison recognizes her, she obvioulsy has amnesia....or is another witch in Mallorys body...probably Queenie....Mallory did say she felt there was someone inside her trying to get out.....I dont get Coco as a witch though....I guess we'll find out... I still say the witches are dead, thats why they showed up on Halloween....Michael said he thought he got rid of them all...Thats probably how Cocos boyfriend showed up as well.

by Anonymousreply 160September 27, 2018 3:11 AM

[quote]Why didnt they ever mention that the black gay guy was Dinas son

Yeah, we finally got an explanation of who he was and why he was there..right before he died. They should have mentioned that in episode 1. And maybe give them a damn scene together.

by Anonymousreply 161September 27, 2018 3:14 AM

Wait - could Kathy Bates be her character from coven? The torturing slave owner - I mean she was cursed to never die right?

by Anonymousreply 162September 27, 2018 3:18 AM

[quote]Wait - could Kathy Bates be her character from coven? The torturing slave owner - I mean she was cursed to never die right?

Huh? Michael says he has her built because he missed the important woman from his childhood, which seemed like an obvious Constance reference. What would Delphine LaLaurie have to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 163September 27, 2018 3:20 AM

So most of these bunker characters were just filler or red herring characters? I was convinced most of them would be in the entire season.

by Anonymousreply 164September 27, 2018 3:23 AM

The very last scene of Murder House is Constance coming home to find toddler Michael murdered his nanny/sitter. I wonder if that is who Mrs. Meade is modeled after?

by Anonymousreply 165September 27, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote]Kathy Bates is based on Constance because Michael misses his mother? But she hasn't really seemed Constance-esque at all.

I think she has Constance's memories which is why she felt the memories were so "real." That may also be how we get Jessica back, in flashbacks from Mrs. Meade's character's mind. The only memory she didn't have was Michael's face.

[quote]I dont get Coco as a witch though....I guess we'll find out... I still say the witches are dead, thats why they showed up on Halloween....Michael said he thought he got rid of them all...Thats probably how Cocos boyfriend showed up as well.

When Cordelia said to get their "sisters" + the idea that Mallory said there was someone inside of her trying to claw their way out + Dinah & Michael knowing each other but him not actually attacking her directly + Madison implying that Mallory should know who she is = Mallory, Dinah and Coco are probably housing the spirits of Zoe, Queenie & Misty.

Based on their attitudes, my guess is Coco is Queenie (bitchy), Mallory is Zoe (powerful and shy) and Dinah is Misty (earthy. I don't think the witches are dead because it would be odd to have a ghost be able to resurrect someone by giving them the breath of life. Although the last time we saw Madison and Myrtle they were definitely dead.

by Anonymousreply 166September 27, 2018 3:46 AM

So, Mallory is...

- Fiona? Seems too easy and her circumstances were dire at Coven’s end. The closeup on Cordelia’s concerned face might be a clue. - Queenie, Misty, dead witches, et.al.? Unlikely. They take corporeal form later in the season. - Madison’s old assistant? That seems more likely. It would have been a long time since Madison left for NOLA. Madison’s catch phrase is a red herring.

by Anonymousreply 167September 27, 2018 3:46 AM

The Witches wouldn't have their powers if they were dead. Also it seems that they've been going from outpost to outpost searching for Michael Langdon so that they can kill him for a while. Something they couldn't do if there were dead and unable to move around other than Halloween.

I really hope the dead witches are truly resurrected (I'm aware their original bodies are gone) and that they don't use the 3 who were resurrected at the end of the episode as vessels for their souls.

by Anonymousreply 168September 27, 2018 3:50 AM

I like your theory R166. When we last saw the coven, Zoe was alive, though. Possession is possible, but It seems like Dinah has been powerful in her interview. At the same time, witchdom emerges at puberty. Coco would have already gotten her powers unless “getting what [she] wants” is her power.

by Anonymousreply 169September 27, 2018 3:53 AM

One of the promo pictures shows Billy Eichner and Leslie Grossman as witches with the other witches.

by Anonymousreply 170September 27, 2018 3:56 AM

[quote]The Witches wouldn't have their powers if they were dead.

Says who? This is AHS, they make up shit as they go along.

Though if they are alive, Michael pretty epically failed at "killing all the witches".

I mean they set it on Halloween so the audience would wonder if they are alive or not, but I guess we will find out for sure next week.

by Anonymousreply 171September 27, 2018 4:00 AM

Coco is Queenie....the bitchiness. Dinah is Misty....quiet and caring. Mallory is Zoe....same attitudes and Zoe and Madison were the two witches that hung out together.

by Anonymousreply 172September 27, 2018 4:02 AM

R172, but Coco, Queenie and Zoe all appear in this photo.

R170, the guy seems too hunky to be Eichner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Thats Cheyenne Jackson.....I thought it was Eichner.....

by Anonymousreply 174September 27, 2018 4:12 AM

Really guys? No offense to Billy, but c'mon...

by Anonymousreply 175September 27, 2018 4:15 AM

R174, Cheyenne in black with scruff is hot!

by Anonymousreply 176September 27, 2018 4:15 AM

Good point, R169. I don't think they would have left Zoe alone while visiting the places where survivors were. I think Dinah is aware of who she is. Coco isn't and Mallory just figured out she had powers this episode. Dinah also said she wasn't as powerful as Michael but Michael is clearly scared shitless of Mallory.

R173, and Dinah and Mallory aren't. Coco is there but Misty isn't. It may not mean anything at all. For all we know she could have been off taking a leak. I guess we'll see. I just think there's something to them missing 3 witches and there are 3 people who died they just brought back.

by Anonymousreply 177September 27, 2018 4:16 AM

R177, this is fun! I am so happy something finally happened. Did you see the preview for next week? Madison, in a smock, working discount retail.

by Anonymousreply 178September 27, 2018 4:26 AM

Maybe Billy is Beverly Leslie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 27, 2018 4:51 AM

This is a shitshow. This week was the absolute worst. Murphy and Co. are pulling our dicks. They have no idea what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 180September 27, 2018 4:59 AM

Perhaps Mallory is Madison’s sister who became more introverted in her celebrity sister’s shadow.

Unexpressed power, passivity, being belittled and demeaned by a more powerful relative...sounds like Cordelia and Fiona. Paulson said in an interview that Cordelia is the Supreme...for now. Perhaps, Mallory will be the next Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 181September 27, 2018 5:21 AM

The trouble with the show is that it's relying heavily on camp, and Murphy and Falchuk are not good at camp.

No one except the British and other foreigners think Hollywood/celebrity shallowness is campy-funny. Americans who are not caught up in it themselves find it deeply depressing.

by Anonymousreply 182September 27, 2018 5:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 27, 2018 6:16 AM

Bates' character is not based on Constance.

I think the episode Constance appears in will see her murdered by Michael. We'll see...

As for Fiona Goode, they should resurrect her and have her save the day (if Constance doesn't) but of course they won't.

I mean, why give the fans what they obviously want.

by Anonymousreply 184September 27, 2018 6:51 AM

RYAN MURPHY BLOWS!

HANG IT UP, YOU BASIC BITCHES

by Anonymousreply 185September 27, 2018 7:17 AM

Evie was wearing Gaga's finger weapon from the "Hotel" season.

by Anonymousreply 186September 27, 2018 7:21 AM

The hardest thing about this season has been the inadequacy of the acting. Kyle Allen barely reacted to the deaths of his parents and brother, and neither he nor Ash Santos seemed to react much either to the entire world ending. Cody Fern, moving but miscast in "Versace," here seems cold and uninteresting (plus he looks bizarrely like Lestat); Evan Peters is appealing but has never been much of an actor, and barely reacted to finding he had accidentally murdered his Nana.

by Anonymousreply 187September 27, 2018 7:41 AM

[quote]Murphy and Falchuk are not good at camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 27, 2018 9:32 AM

Roasting a baby on a spit in a post-apocalyptic landscape. Very creative, Mr. Murphy.

At what point does a stolen idea become theft instead of a tribute?

by Anonymousreply 189September 27, 2018 9:35 AM

Just finished the second epi and will watch the third tonight (I like to stay a week behind) but...it's not looking good. I hate to be THAT GUY but this is all over the place and its not even a quarter of the way through. How's he going to dump the other 100 seasons into this one?

by Anonymousreply 190September 27, 2018 9:45 AM

I thought it was a leg on the spit.

by Anonymousreply 191September 27, 2018 9:54 AM

R191 The guys doing the cooking said something like, “pull up a chair and enjoy the child!” It’s a pivotal, schocking scene from Cormac McCarthy’s “The Road.” A man and his son survive a global (?) cataclysm that’s never explained—could be a manmade nuclear weapon, could have been an astroid or meteor strike, etc.—and they walk along a road whose landscape looks like the terrain in this show. Everything has been obliterated. Occasionally they come upon suffering survivors, or people who have become killers as they defend the few resources they have, but the man and son have to fend for themselves and keep going. At one point they come upon two men who are roasting meat on a spit and it makes them realize how hungry they are until they realize it’s a human baby, and that’s how far humanity has gone. It’s devastating in the book. Of course this show would make that into a bad joke with Billy Eichner.

by Anonymousreply 192September 27, 2018 10:13 AM

R191 That was also the point of the last guy saying, “I wasn’t always like this. I was a special ed teacher!”—he went from caring for the most vulnerable kids to eating babies.

by Anonymousreply 193September 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Oh, good. So it looks like the worst part of the Coven season—the witches die but don’t really die—is the whole reason the witches have been incorproated into this season. So fucking annoying. And why did the annoying-as-hell, depthless heiress have to be one of the people brought back? Nobody wants to watch her. Do Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk think that viewers giggle giddily over over-the-top bitch caricatures? Why can’t they write a decent character with any depth at all?

I actually liked this episode. Bitching here is obligatory.

by Anonymousreply 194September 27, 2018 10:22 AM

I don’t remember the need for such over the top camp in Season 1, but directions change, I guess.

I wonder how successful the show would have been, if Murphy has stuck with traditional horror elements and a more serious tone.

by Anonymousreply 195September 27, 2018 10:32 AM

I'm still waiting for a season called AFRICAN-AMERICAN HORROR STORY combining elements of Blacula, Blackenstein, Abby and Sugar Hill starring Adina Porter, Cuba Gooding Jr., Charles S. Dutton, Angela Bassett, Gabourey Sidibe, Patti LaBelle and Jessica Lange in afro puffs.

by Anonymousreply 196September 27, 2018 10:43 AM

I am really looking forward to Sabrina on Netflix next month. I grew up on Archie comics and I have grown to love the Riverdale interpretation even though it took some getting used to. I read the new Sabrina comics in anticipation and they are DARK. Like, really fucked up and twisted. If the Netflix series is true to the comics, then Sabrina may give witches a proper horror treatment unlike AHS’s “witches are sassy bitches!” spin. I hope it doesn’t neuter the series by making it campy.

I don’t know why, but I am more drawn to witch stuff and satanic stuff when it comes to horror than to any other subject matter. Slasher shit bores the hell out of me. But American Horror Story has really disempowered the whole notion of witches and Satan with every effort. If you’re going to introduce the son of Satan into a horror series, then you have to go dark-dark, like the Asylum season in which the Nazi was shoved into a crematory oven—that is proper treatment of the subject matter. I mean, my God, the son of Satan bringing on the apocalypse is supposed to be hell on Earth, as bad as it can possibly get. And Ryan Murphy gives us a snooty rich (what does “rich” even mean in a post-apocalyptic world with no currency?) socialite bossing around her personal assistant in a glam-goth nuclear bunker? I’m sorry, but this man has the imagination of a 14 year-old girl who takes herself way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 197September 27, 2018 10:46 AM

Just watched the scene again, it's clearly an adult leg on the spit and the guy says "enjoy the chow".

by Anonymousreply 198September 27, 2018 10:54 AM

Yes I don't know why the person was going on this long baby tangent r198, it was clearly a leg.

[quote]No one except the British and other foreigners think Hollywood/celebrity shallowness is campy-funny. Americans who are not caught up in it themselves find it deeply depressing.

Oh dear, you are speaking for all Americans now?

by Anonymousreply 199September 27, 2018 12:05 PM

Brock, Cordelia, Madison and Myrtle are all ghosts.....they are able to walk and interact among the living on Halloween....remember how the kids Tate killed in season 1 found him and confronted him on the beach. Teddy Sears character was able to go out to bars and turn tricks, etc.... The witches showed up with no protection....Brock was close, but yet it took him over a year to find the sanctuary.....makes sense if he only has one night a year to search. Remember, this is all happening on Halloween night.

by Anonymousreply 200September 27, 2018 6:28 PM

A convoluted mess.

by Anonymousreply 201September 27, 2018 7:02 PM

I accept this show for what it is. A mostly fun hot mess with writers that have no clue what direction they are taking it.

by Anonymousreply 202September 27, 2018 7:13 PM

WE WANT JESSICA LANGE!

by Anonymousreply 203September 27, 2018 7:46 PM

So Venable and Miriam never questioned where in the hell all these snakes came from? Where was Eichner when the witches were rounding up "their sisters"?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Still think the witches entrance should have been in slow-mo.

by Anonymousreply 204September 27, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]Where was Eichner when the witches were rounding up "their sisters"?

Hiding somewhere, that isn't hard to explain. We will see him again.

[quote]I accept this show for what it is. A mostly fun hot mess with writers that have no clue what direction they are taking it.

Yeah, we are in Season 8, everyone who tunes into AHS knows what they are getting.

by Anonymousreply 205September 28, 2018 12:10 AM

Francis Conroy was burned at the stake which was the true way to kill a witch so not sure how she comes back unless they recton her being brought back by the swamp witch. Queenie was killed in Hotel as well, by the ghost then drained of her blood by Angela Bassett.

by Anonymousreply 206September 28, 2018 1:29 AM

"recton"???

by Anonymousreply 207September 28, 2018 2:53 AM

I assumed Bates' character was modelled after a nanny, not Constance. She described herself as taking care of the child - I thought I heard her use the word 'nanny'. Maybe not. I didn't get the impression it was after Constance, though. I did love how this episode sort of 'reset' things.

by Anonymousreply 208September 28, 2018 3:00 AM

They better not fuck with Constance!

by Anonymousreply 209September 28, 2018 7:34 AM

Loved the third episode. Bummer about the blurring when Cody was filmed from the front during the Satanic Ritual. Not into the blood, but that was sexy.

It is a bit odd though that most of the characters are just dismissed by eating a poisoned apple. So the whole couple with their precious DNA was just big bag of nothing.

So is Emma her character on Coven or Scream Queens? Because only on SC Emma and Billie have a history together. Probably misleading and it's AHS: Coven.

by Anonymousreply 210September 28, 2018 7:07 PM

r21...Mallory, Dinah, and Coco are basically "possessed" by witches.....presumably Queenie, Zoe and Misty....thats why they were resurrected at the end of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 211September 28, 2018 7:11 PM

Cordelia says "we when need your help Mallory" in the preview. If it's another witch inside her, are they coexisting?

by Anonymousreply 212September 28, 2018 7:13 PM

I meant "we need your help Mallory" or something like that. Dont know why I added when

by Anonymousreply 213September 28, 2018 7:16 PM

r212....basically, yes....for now.

by Anonymousreply 214September 28, 2018 7:23 PM

Ep 3 was both the best and worst of AHS.

All the flaws of Coven and later seasons, but also really cool crazy stuff and character turn-arounds.

I don't expect the show to go beyond an average of 7/10 to me anymore, but it is enjoyable and really, it provides many things for me that most shows don't. I'd miss it.

by Anonymousreply 215September 28, 2018 8:03 PM

Not sure I get the Devil kid killing all the witches - in Coven when a witch died they were stuck in a shitty life by (presumably) the devil. Retcon, sorry transposed two letters.

by Anonymousreply 216September 28, 2018 9:09 PM

If they died performing the one seven wonder where they go into the underworld to face their greatest fear, they die and are then trapped in that nightmare. If they die normally they're not trapped in the nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 217September 28, 2018 9:28 PM

r217, remember Knotty Pine? That wasn't some Seven Wonder ritual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218September 28, 2018 10:49 PM

Fern is a totally fucking shit actor

by Anonymousreply 219September 28, 2018 11:06 PM

Fern fucked for the role no doubt about it.

by Anonymousreply 220September 28, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote]Bummer about the blurring when Cody was filmed from the front during the Satanic Ritual.

Why? He was wearing a cock sock or modesty patch so you wouldn't have seen anything anyway. It's FX not HBO.

by Anonymousreply 221September 28, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote]It's FX not HBO.

Or Netflix! We can show dick if Murphy wants so be sure to tune in!

by Anonymousreply 222September 28, 2018 11:22 PM

Is Papa Legba coming back?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2018 11:43 PM

Ryan forgot to have things happen in this season.

by Anonymousreply 224September 29, 2018 1:25 AM

When Jessica Lange died in Coven she got stuck in hell with the serial killer Jazz man.

by Anonymousreply 225September 29, 2018 1:37 AM

This is officially the lowest rated season on record so far, week to week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 29, 2018 2:40 AM

R226 That may be because it is total shite

by Anonymousreply 227September 29, 2018 4:31 AM

And the season before this was the lowest rated season r226, and the season before that was the lowest rated season, next season will be the new lowest rated season. It is expected at this point.

by Anonymousreply 228September 29, 2018 6:40 AM

No, r228.

by Anonymousreply 229September 29, 2018 6:50 AM

Uh yes r229. Look at the ratings, they peaked at Freak Show, the season after the pop culture hit Coven. And every season since then has had lower ratings than the one before it.

by Anonymousreply 230September 29, 2018 6:56 AM

I find it rather sad when people feel the ned to validate their own opinon with TV ratings , movie ticket sales, and music chart placements. Either you like something or you don't. And if you don't like something why do you waste so much time and energy on it?

by Anonymousreply 231September 29, 2018 9:38 AM

Sorry, when people feel the NEED to validate their own opinion ...

by Anonymousreply 232September 29, 2018 9:39 AM

Maybe I'm stupid but what the fuck am I missing - who's memories were implanted in the Kathy bates android? Was constance a serial killer?? Am I really too dumb to understand a Ryan Murphy show?

by Anonymousreply 233September 29, 2018 10:25 AM

I think Bates' android is injected with memories of a nanny - think 'Omen'.

by Anonymousreply 234September 29, 2018 12:14 PM

Why go through all that elaborate drama when he coulde've just picked Kathy up at his arrival and leave the rest to die?

I gather the other outposts were overrun by the witches and not radioactive mutans?

The functioning laptop was apparently real. So there must be some way to communicate even with thick, radioactive clouds creating a new ice age (I doubt it's satelite based).

by Anonymousreply 235September 29, 2018 12:51 PM

[quote] This is officially the lowest rated season on record so far, week to week.

But it's still a hit given its delayed viewing numbers:

"The season premiere of “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” had the biggest total gains of any cable show in both the adults 18-49 (+1.5, +100%) and total viewers (+3.17 million, +102%) measures throughout the week."

by Anonymousreply 236September 29, 2018 2:17 PM

R206, It's Halloween. Madison and Myrtle could be spirits who've crossed over from the spirit world.

I don't know what the point is in bringing up ratings. I think a lot of AHS viewers don't watch television the conventional way (i.e real time viewing via television sets). The younger generations tend to view their programs on their own time on their computers and tablets via wi-fi. Overnight ratings only measure what was viewed the previous night, not what was DVRed for later viewing.

by Anonymousreply 237September 29, 2018 4:29 PM

Why does that Leslie actress keep on getting jobs? She plays the same character all the time.

by Anonymousreply 238September 29, 2018 5:20 PM

I did laugh when one of the characters (was it Kathy Bates?) mentioned how bland the two young leads were. Maybe the writers have been reading the forums.

I do hope they have something up their sleeves this time, because this has been fairly underwhelming. The last season I genuinely loved was Asylum. I loved how dark and creepy that one was.

by Anonymousreply 239September 29, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote]"The season premiere of “American Horror Story: Apocalypse” had the biggest total gains of any cable show in both the adults 18-49 (+1.5, +100%) and total viewers (+3.17 million, +102%) measures throughout the week."

The biggest gains in history? For FX? What in the hell does that mean exactly? That's just PR spin. The season is a ratings mess. There's no way around it. They might be helped a little if they stopped leaking episodes to their subscription service which then ends up online.

by Anonymousreply 240September 29, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote]I find it rather sad when people feel the ned to validate their own opinon with TV ratings

Except we don't... the public has dubbed this season horrible and they are tuning out.

by Anonymousreply 241September 29, 2018 7:58 PM

They don't "leak" episodes to their premium service, the early episodes are a perk of subscribing.

by Anonymousreply 242September 29, 2018 7:59 PM

This is basically Scream Queens only less entertaining, and it's less episodes. Thank god Ryan's moving to Netflix. Let Disney butcher his shit beyond recognition.

by Anonymousreply 243September 29, 2018 7:59 PM

[quote]They don't "leak" episodes to their premium service, the early episodes are a perk of subscribing.

They're essentially leaking them, because they go straight from FX+ to the internet before they premiere that night.

by Anonymousreply 244September 29, 2018 8:00 PM

Yes, those people torrenting the episodes are definitely Nielsen homes who were going to watch it life if not for the torrented copy. Gurl please.

Why are you even obsessed with the ratings? It is already renewed for two more seasons, I don't get why it matters to you so much.

by Anonymousreply 245September 29, 2018 8:04 PM

It states that it had the biggest total gains of any cable show throughout the week, R240. You are being purposely obtuse.

by Anonymousreply 246September 29, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote] Except we don't... the public has dubbed this season horrible and they are tuning out.

And once again you need to validate yourself by hiding behind "the public".

by Anonymousreply 247September 29, 2018 8:18 PM

I don't care anymore. I can't, I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 248September 29, 2018 10:43 PM

Wonder if any of Murhy's stable of boys will be willing to go full frontal with Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 249September 29, 2018 10:45 PM

Evan Peters at least has talked about in interviews how uncomfortable he gets during nude scenes r249.

by Anonymousreply 250September 29, 2018 10:56 PM

Kathy Bates has Jessica Lange's memories from Season 1. The devil baby murdered his nanny. I am pretty sure Lange's character in season 1 talked about dressing as rosie the robot for halloween.

by Anonymousreply 251September 30, 2018 3:37 AM

Witches

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252September 30, 2018 5:23 AM

Where's Adina and Misty Day?

Who is the black guy?

by Anonymousreply 253September 30, 2018 5:34 AM

Who is the woman on Gabby's right side?

by Anonymousreply 254September 30, 2018 6:23 AM

Oh fuck, that's Leslie Grossman, sorry. Didn't recognize her at first.

by Anonymousreply 255September 30, 2018 6:24 AM

R252 Why does Billie Lourd always look so fucking sullen? Apart from the junkie mother thing

by Anonymousreply 256September 30, 2018 6:39 AM

So Joan is a witch? Charlotte Rae was right!

by Anonymousreply 257September 30, 2018 12:54 PM

R251, so Constance was a serial killer? Or little Michael was being looked after by a nanny / serial killer? Whaaaat

by Anonymousreply 258September 30, 2018 5:03 PM

Is Mallory possessed by the spirit of Fiona Goode? The power she unleashed was pretty strong for novice witch. An why else would Madison tell her "Surprise bitch. Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me" unless they've encountered each other before.

by Anonymousreply 259September 30, 2018 8:24 PM

R259 I'm wondering if Mallory is now the Supreme? Cordelia is dead/or died so a new Supreme was created.

by Anonymousreply 260September 30, 2018 9:54 PM

Apparently Michael is seen at the hotel Cortez in a scene from the trailer.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 30, 2018 11:25 PM

The good thing is that this season has not gone off the rails the way it usually does. The bad thing is that it started off far away from any rails or quality.

by Anonymousreply 262September 30, 2018 11:32 PM

i watched 3 episodes. not impressed. kinda boring.

by Anonymousreply 263September 30, 2018 11:37 PM

EVERYBODY dies.

But some come back to life.

by Anonymousreply 264September 30, 2018 11:42 PM

R259 and R260,

My bet is that Mallory is Madison’s sister or Madison’s assistant. See r167 and r181.

by Anonymousreply 265September 30, 2018 11:56 PM

[quote]So Joan is a witch? Charlotte Rae was right!

Joan is playing multiple roles this season. One is probably a witch

[quote] I'm wondering if Mallory is now the Supreme?

Hard to say but the actress has been missing from the behind the scenes photos for a while.

[quote]Apparently Michael is seen at the hotel Cortez in a scene from the trailer.....

Seems like he approached the witches in "Hell" or wherever they ended up.

Madison died when she was killed by Kyle at the end of her season of Coven so Michael probably went to visit her based on the preview.

Queenie was killed in the Hotel Cortez so he probably went there to get her too. He may be the reason they're both back.

Something tells me he also found Misty too based upon the promo for the season but she hasn't been in any photos of the cast in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 266September 30, 2018 11:57 PM

They’re just throwing shit at the wall at this point. Cody Fern must suck a mean dick to get a role this big out of nowhere. Maybe Ryan’s original choice wasn’t available. Too bad Cody can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 267October 1, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote]Cody Fern must suck a mean dick to get a role this big out of nowhere.

You must be the only person in this thread that didn't watch ACS: Versace. It isn't out of nowhere, he had a role in another Murphy production first.

by Anonymousreply 268October 1, 2018 1:38 AM

Billy Magnussen would have been PERFECT casting for Michael. Way better casting than Cody. Reportedly, he was #2 to Evan to get the lead in CULT last season and it was right down to the wire, but Evan got it instead. I hated CULT and so did a lot of the fans (the only season I truly dislike), so probably for the best. MANIAC is ten times more innovative than AHS at this point, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 269October 1, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote] Reportedly, he was #2 to Evan to get the lead in CULT last season and it was right down to the wire, but Evan got it instead

I have a very, very hard time believing this. Evan Peters is a Ryan Murphy regular who has been in every single season of AHS. I don't think Kai was some open audition role, it was obviously written for Evan.

by Anonymousreply 270October 1, 2018 2:00 AM

Jessica Lange appears in episode five.

by Anonymousreply 271October 1, 2018 2:01 AM

Agreed, R269. Just what I've heard from people involved with the show. Maybe he was going to play Colton Haynes role? Or, perhaps it was going to be tricky for Evan to film POSE at the same time so they were going to split up the role of cult leader somehow. Just repeating what I was told. Either way, Billy dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 272October 1, 2018 2:16 AM

r271....she is in episode 6.....its been reported repeatedly. Please keep up.

by Anonymousreply 273October 1, 2018 2:18 AM

Just saw Evan Peters at the Grove, with Emma trailing behind. It was bizarre- Evan didn't even bother wearing glasses or a hat-he's quite ordinary really.

by Anonymousreply 274October 1, 2018 3:00 AM

He is pretty ordinary r274, which is rather funny how he became this AHS heart-throb.

by Anonymousreply 275October 1, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote]So is Emma her character on Coven or Scream Queens? Because only on SC Emma and Billie have a history together. Probably misleading and it's AHS: Coven.

I thought it was just a throwaway inside shout-out to Scream Queens.

by Anonymousreply 276October 1, 2018 3:44 AM

They look like a lesbian couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277October 1, 2018 5:21 AM

In the photo immediately above, does he resemble Lily Rabe to anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 278October 1, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote] You must be the only person in this thread that didn't watch ACS: Versace. It isn't out of nowhere, he had a role in another Murphy production first.

Yeah, one role last year and now he gets the lead. That is out of nowhere. He got bumped up overnight over every other regular. I did see Versace, btw. Cody is dreadful. Finn should have been cast in this but then judging how terrible this season is he actually dodged a bullet. He, like Jessica and others have read the writing on the wall and have gotten the hell out of AHS aka Scream Queens.

by Anonymousreply 279October 1, 2018 1:32 PM

[R218] - Fiona had tried to strike a deal with Papa Legba but that was declined when he realized she didn't have a soul. He warned her that she was in big trouble after drowning Nan.

Fiona called Papa and tried to arrange a deal with him for immortality and she agreed to his terms of service, but when she tried to finalize the deal, he says the deal is off because she has 'nothing to sell' saying she has no soul and then disappears. Then after Fiona and Marie drown Nan in the tub he appears and tells them that he won't accept any substitutions and that they must provide an innocent soul, after they try to convince him, he comments that the two of them together are 'big trouble' and then escorts Nan's soul to the afterlife though she comments it is better than being in the coven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 1, 2018 1:51 PM

The fans are merciless.

42,000+ retweets and over a 150,000 likes...

Who's the baddest witch in town?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281October 1, 2018 7:56 PM

[quote]Yeah, one role last year and now he gets the lead. That is out of nowhere. He got bumped up overnight over every other regular.

I disagree. Ryan Murphy is like a company that always hires from within before hiring anyone else.

All of his other usual actors from Finn Wittrock, Max Greenfield to Matt Bomer were busy when the series started production or had overlapping commitments. (Angela already has a job on another Murphy show so it's not surprising she said she wasn't coming back.)

He got it by process of elimination but I wouldn't say that's out of nowhere. Lady Gaga is a better example of someone who jumped over everyone else. Sarah and Angela had to be pissed.

[quote] I did see Versace, btw. Cody is dreadful.

I thought he was great on Versace but I agree that he doesn't work here at all.

by Anonymousreply 282October 1, 2018 8:14 PM

I get what Cody is going for by playing his character so icy and cold, but it's not really interesting to watch. I think he needs to start having a little bit more fun with the character.

by Anonymousreply 283October 1, 2018 8:44 PM

Cody is a queen in real life. His idols are all larger than life female actresses and that's what he's basing his performance on. He's got flames shooting out of his ass in this. Too bad no one told him to tone it the fuck down. It's beyond cringe-worthy - and I have nothing against flamboyant gay men, btw, but when they can't act on top of everything else and are given a lousy script, I have to draw the line. Then they go and give him a woman's wig and it's like he just got into mommy's closet. The guy is doing everything he can from jumping up and down for joy. He already routinely showed up for events wearing concealer before he got the AHS role. Now he's in camp heaven. He's one step away from Drag Race. lmao.

by Anonymousreply 284October 1, 2018 9:12 PM

The problem is that he's not convincing as icy and cold.

by Anonymousreply 285October 1, 2018 9:12 PM

Does anyone remember when Fern's personal Vimeo video was found and posted here? The first response was: "My god, that boy sure loves his makeup!" LMFAO

by Anonymousreply 286October 1, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote]Lady Gaga is a better example of someone who jumped over everyone else.

But she's Lady Gaga. Come on now. That's not the same thing. We all knew who the fuck she was. It makes more sense that others were busy and that's how Fern ended up with the part.

by Anonymousreply 287October 1, 2018 9:15 PM

I am looking forward to Murphy "The Politician" for Netflix... but, ugh, Paltrow.

by Anonymousreply 288October 1, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote]But she's Lady Gaga. Come on now. That's not the same thing. We all knew who the fuck she was. It makes more sense that others were busy and that's how Fern ended up with the part.

You, "come on now!" R287. What you said, "we knew who she was" didn't invalidate what I implied, "she jumped over everyone." [bold]She did.[/bold] It didn't matter that we knew who she was. She's was person who had no real acting resume other than playing herself.

Jessica announced she was leaving, Gaga announced she would do it and suddenly the entire plot of the show changed from the idea the cast was pitched when they agreed to do it as a "Civil War" piece to what we saw.

Angela, Sarah or Kathy earned the right to lead the cast, not just because they had been there longer, but because they could actually act.

by Anonymousreply 289October 1, 2018 10:08 PM

Is there any verification of the Civil War rumor? I don't remember ever reading anyone officially saying that was the original pitch in an interview/article. Either way, HOTEL was a huge success and Gaga won the Golden Globe so you can hate and dither but it is what it is. I loved it so I'm glad they did it.

by Anonymousreply 290October 1, 2018 10:19 PM

[quote]His idols are all larger than life female actresses and that's what he's basing his performance on.

I imagine that is how they want him to play the character, I mean his introductory scene was quasi-flirting with a gay guy for crying out loud, and yes have picked that Lestat wig for him. They are clearly pushing the character in a certain direction, and why can't that be the portrayal?

by Anonymousreply 291October 1, 2018 10:28 PM

My PS3 would not play anymore Hotel halfway through. Seriously, the machine just stopped playing the discs. It was old and temperamental and had issues playing BluRays but I like to think it had just had enough.

I’ve never bothered to finish it. It just got too grim and miserable for me.

by Anonymousreply 292October 1, 2018 10:30 PM

HOTEL had excellent episodes near the end, unlike most AHS seasons. The 1920s flashback episode with Gaga/Evan Peters was especially good. Worth watching all the way through. ASYLUM was the most relentlessly bleak and depressing to me... the only season I've never rewatched.

by Anonymousreply 293October 1, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote]Yeah, one role last year and now he gets the lead.

He is not the lead, he wasn't even in the first episode. It's an ensemble. And he got the role because he is now in the Murphy group.

by Anonymousreply 294October 1, 2018 10:48 PM

My brother says some of the stuff I hated was resolved positively but I just have enough care left in me to bother starting up again.

I was interested in the 1920s stuff since I find that era of Hollywood fascinating but it’s not enough.

SPOILERS ✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was Done when the countess killed off Finn Wittrocks character. I thought his sudden “love” for Liz Taylor was really poorly written, just crammed in there without relation to anything the character had said or done before. BUT it added a bit of sweetness to the show.

The Countess killing him was poorly motivated since she had always been portrayed as loving and supportive of Liz, Randomly yes but still she seemed to genuinely care for Liz. I get the she doesn’t like to share but we know and she knows she doesn’t really give a shit about Tristan? He is just gonna end up on the discard pile with Ramona and the others. And the super cliche way it was done? “ I forgive you and release you to be free and love ...............NOT”

Didn’t Make through Asylum by choice, just skipped around.

I don’t like bleak much.

by Anonymousreply 295October 1, 2018 11:00 PM

^Don’t have enough care in me^

by Anonymousreply 296October 1, 2018 11:01 PM

I can't remember to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 297October 1, 2018 11:10 PM

I guess I'm not seeing in it what many of you are. It just seems like a fucking mess. All over the place. Sophomoric. Outright stupid even. There's nothing ever "horror" about it. It's like a drag queen's idea of a Rocky Horror ripoff.

I've checked out but gonna keep following the updates here.

by Anonymousreply 298October 1, 2018 11:15 PM

I'm sorry, but some of you sound like broken records, complaining about the same things year after year. I don't know whether you are all trolling, or gluttons for punishment.

by Anonymousreply 299October 1, 2018 11:22 PM

I said a similar thing earlier r299, it is season fucking 8, you know what you expect when you tune into AHS.

by Anonymousreply 300October 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Facts. AHS will be what it is and this season is at least a throwback to COVEN and HOTEL with being glamorous and fabulous, filmed gorgeously. I don't expect much more from it than what this season has delivered so far. That's why CULT was such a letdown. It was so low-rent, with no big stars. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 301October 1, 2018 11:54 PM

r295....those things are addressed later in the season.....The Liz storyline was quite touching when they wound it up....actually Hotel is one of the better seasons in my opinion....but I like the glamour....Coven, even Freaksow. Frankly, regardless of what people complain about, none of the seasons are bad in and of themselves. Ive enjoyed every single season, mistakes and all.

by Anonymousreply 302October 2, 2018 12:31 AM

[quote]Is there any verification of the Civil War rumor?

R290, Angela Basset said it in an interview with Gold Derby.

Matt Bomer said it in an interview with The Daily Beast.

by Anonymousreply 303October 2, 2018 1:20 AM

What's hilarious to me is that it's called American HORROR Story and yet none of the seasons, besides Asylum, have been very horrific. It mostly feels like a darker Drag Race. It's funny that Asylum seems to be one of the most polarizing seasons and, to me, it was probably the best and most genuinely scary. There was still some good campy elements in there (Lily Rabe being possessed, The Name Game, etc.) but it took its characters and story fairly seriously and was all the better for it. I could have done without the alien stuff, but besides that, I found it rather good.

I guess they heard the fans complain about it being too dark and gave us Coven the next year which was about as harrowing and intense as a trip to Target. All camp, no bite. I feel like the fans only have themselves to blame for the decline in quality over the years.

by Anonymousreply 304October 2, 2018 1:29 AM

YeahR392 my brother told there is a happy ending later on but frankly? Why go there in the first place? It just felt cliche to me. Here is this couple out of the blue and then Wham! Let’s tragedy this up!

I love the glamour and was REALLY looking forward to Hotel. Especially that it was a fixed location that we’d see through the lenses of different times and perspectives. For me it didn’t deliver on that promise. I will probably finish it sometime in the future but I am in no rush.

I really liked Freakshow and a lot of Coven but again Murphy and Falchuk can’t seem to refrain from going unnecessarily dark. Your mileage may vary but I just don’t think just because it’s called horror story means that it has to get to the point where they just do random shock, depressing character twists and deaths just “because”. It’s like a lot of modern horror movies that get disgusting mixed up with horrific or suspenseful.

by Anonymousreply 305October 2, 2018 1:33 AM

HOTEL had the most viscerally violent scene ever on the series with Gaga/Bomer's blood orgy with the other couple. I'd argue FREAK SHOW previously almost topped that, ditto ASYLUM's crucifixion, but the gold standard AHS scene will remain "I Wanna (Fucking) Tear You Apart". Great song, too.

by Anonymousreply 306October 2, 2018 1:51 AM

The most shockingly violent scene for me was in last year's Cult, when Kai and his followers took turns driving nails into that poor guy's skull, with a nail gun. The sheer depravity of it made me physically ill.

by Anonymousreply 307October 2, 2018 1:57 AM

Is Jessica Lange coming back this year?

by Anonymousreply 308October 2, 2018 1:57 AM

I haven’t heard anything about her coming back, no.

by Anonymousreply 309October 2, 2018 2:00 AM

No, Jessica is not coming back.

by Anonymousreply 310October 2, 2018 2:05 AM

Lange is back for one episode.

by Anonymousreply 311October 2, 2018 2:09 AM

Is Jessica Lange coming back?

by Anonymousreply 312October 2, 2018 2:10 AM

According to Twitter, when Mizz Lange does come back....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313October 2, 2018 2:13 AM

[quote]Is Jessica Lange coming back this year?

There are behind the scenes videos of Jessica on the set right now. It seems like everyone that could come back did come back.

by Anonymousreply 314October 2, 2018 2:16 AM

Re: Lange. Some season don't get sarcasm.

And Asylum was not the most true horror season, and I say that when Asylum is my favorite season. The most horror season is one no one talks about, Roanoke.

by Anonymousreply 315October 2, 2018 2:29 AM

[quote]What's hilarious to me is that it's called American HORROR Story and yet none of the seasons, besides Asylum, have been very horrific.

Bitch, please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 2, 2018 2:31 AM

@ the poster who keeps talking about her brother...is that code for some guy who’s fucking you??

by Anonymousreply 317October 2, 2018 2:41 AM

No it’s my literal brother.

I went off on AHS Hotel about some of the things I disliked and how I was never going to buy another season and he tried talking me into finishing it.

I don’t have cable so I would buy each season at Target for $10 on Black Friday.

by Anonymousreply 318October 2, 2018 2:47 AM

See 316 I have no fear of clowns and I not only found Twisty not scary but pretty ridiculous as well.

Normally I’d good naturedly suspend disbelief but AHS often takes itself so seriously that I find myself going that route with it.

In which case the idea that anyone would mistake this as a normal clown is ludicrous. Appearance aside he’d have to absolutely REEK so how could he surprise people outside of a sewer or a zoo? Who wouldn’t run screaming from the stench alone? Bah!

by Anonymousreply 319October 2, 2018 2:53 AM

The question none of you seem to be asking is: "Are we ever going to see what the hell dragged off the horses in the first episode, or we just supposed to forget they ever even existed?"

by Anonymousreply 320October 2, 2018 5:53 PM

I assume they are zombie like creatures. The "canker puss monsters" Venable mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 321October 2, 2018 6:01 PM

Could the canker pus monsters be related to the monsters that Dr. Arden was creating in Asylum? I know he shot them all, but in the 5th(?) episode he mentions that he’s trying to create humans that can survive a nuclear bomb, so maybe someone else was doing similar work.

by Anonymousreply 322October 2, 2018 6:45 PM

How many episodes is this season?

by Anonymousreply 323October 2, 2018 7:49 PM

REMEMBER....Ryan Murphy has been saying for years that season 8 will tie all the seasons together.....so far we have season 1, season 3, season 5....r322 could possibly be season 2....so look for seasons 4,6 and 7.

r323.....10

by Anonymousreply 324October 2, 2018 7:54 PM

Episode 4 was outstanding. I loved seeing Hotel Cortez again! And Madison desperate to blow Michael Langdon was funny and hot at the same time. This show is amazing when it comes to flashbacks and the old characters. The new ones did nothing for me this year.

by Anonymousreply 325October 3, 2018 10:04 AM

Another dumb episode.

by Anonymousreply 326October 3, 2018 4:22 PM

Michael looks like a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 327October 3, 2018 4:23 PM

R325 and any others NO SPOILERS PLEASE! Most of us haven't seen the latest episode. At least do a spoiler tag or something if you must. Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 328October 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Sorry, baby. I'd gladly fondle your testicles to make up for it ;) [R328]

by Anonymousreply 329October 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Canker puss monsters was just a flippant way to describe the survivors of the nuclear blast who are now covered with cancerous pustules. Jeez. Don't read into it too much.

by Anonymousreply 330October 3, 2018 6:02 PM

Sorry R328, but for FX+ subscribers they get the episode hours before everyone else. They have the same problem on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 331October 3, 2018 11:07 PM

I've always waited to share my detailed thoughts til after it airs. It's not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 332October 3, 2018 11:11 PM

Don't read the thread if you haven't seen the show, dumbass r328 ! lol

by Anonymousreply 333October 3, 2018 11:44 PM

When they episode hasn't aired yet, you don't think it will be an issue dear r333. Faulting him is silly.

by Anonymousreply 334October 3, 2018 11:54 PM

The opening of episode four was painfully bad. Poor dialogue, poor plot, poor acting all around. Why is this show so terrible?

by Anonymousreply 335October 4, 2018 2:08 AM

The last good Murphy show was Feud.

That spawned like 15 threads here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 336October 4, 2018 2:10 AM

[quote] The last good Murphy show was Feud.

Nice try, Langebot.

by Anonymousreply 337October 4, 2018 2:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 4, 2018 2:12 AM

Yeah, half of those threads was that fucker spamming the hell of the damn thread r337.

by Anonymousreply 339October 4, 2018 2:14 AM

R337/R339 Ms. Paulson, please.

by Anonymousreply 340October 4, 2018 2:16 AM

Gotta give Murphy credit - he had 4 name gay actors in this episode: BD Wong, Cheyenne Jackson, Billy Porter and Cody Fern.

by Anonymousreply 341October 4, 2018 2:18 AM

R341 And Sarah Paulson?

by Anonymousreply 342October 4, 2018 2:22 AM

Yeah that Warlock School was the gayest place on Earth r341. Ryan Murphy living out his fantasy of a gay hogwarts and I applaud it.

by Anonymousreply 343October 4, 2018 2:22 AM

I’m a gay witchguy in need of a coven.

by Anonymousreply 344October 4, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote] Gotta give Murphy credit - he had 4 name gay actors in this episode: BD Wong, Cheyenne Jackson, Billy Porter and Cody Fern.

Honey, no one gives a shit about gay anymore. This ain’t the 90s. It’s shocking to find a show with all breeders.

by Anonymousreply 345October 4, 2018 2:34 AM

Also, 3 men of color in scenes together (maybe 4, as I don't know Jackson's heritage).

by Anonymousreply 346October 4, 2018 2:35 AM

[Quote]Honey, no one gives a shit about gay anymore.

Says the person who hangs out on a gay board.

[Quote]It’s shocking to find a show with all breeders.

This is incredibly dumb. Casts with zero openly gay actors are still very commom.

by Anonymousreply 347October 4, 2018 2:49 AM

[quote] HOTEL was a huge success and Gaga won the Golden Globe

SO prestigious!!!

by Anonymousreply 348October 4, 2018 2:57 AM

Ok, so we know why the 3 from the outpost didnt know they were witches....and we know how Queenie and Madison were brought back....and you know Michael will do the same for Misty....but how did Myrtle come back ?

by Anonymousreply 349October 4, 2018 3:05 AM

So two things really bugged me this episode:

1) Myrtle was dead at the end of Coven. Literally no mention of this fact.

2) Cordelia specifically name drop how they lost Misty Day, when Michael says they have to get one more person I was all set to see Lily Rabe...but we go to Madison, who wasn't even brought up. Weird writing.

That said I enjoyed this episode because the Coven characters always were very entertaining. Myrtle had so many great lines.

by Anonymousreply 350October 4, 2018 3:07 AM

Ok, episode 4 was great and Cody Ronan Fern is King of the Witches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351October 4, 2018 3:08 AM

r350....I was anticipating Misty as well....although Madison in a retail establishment where people think shes someone else was perfect as the hell she would end up in.....Now Im wondering if somehow Fiona will make an appearance for her powers in order to defeat Michael as a surprise twist toward the end of the season. I have a hard time believing Lange would return for only one episode when the opportunity to resurrect both of her award winning roles is presenting itself. I was surprised with the appearance of March at the hotel Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 352October 4, 2018 3:16 AM

I noticed this season seems to have the atmospheric vibe of Hotel. It also seems like the same music droning on all the time.

by Anonymousreply 353October 4, 2018 3:16 AM

I had no idea Mr. March would show up either.

by Anonymousreply 354October 4, 2018 3:23 AM

"Damn...a ho even in the afterlife, huh?"

by Anonymousreply 355October 4, 2018 3:24 AM

You need some character from the Hotel, and you already have Evan hanging around set. But yes, it was nice to see him don Mr. March again. That's still my favorite character he has done on the show, you can tell he has a lot of fun with it.

by Anonymousreply 356October 4, 2018 3:25 AM

So how were Queenie and Madison brought back?

Why didn't Dinah, Coco and Mallory know they were witches?

by Anonymousreply 357October 4, 2018 3:33 AM

It was a gay guy for the one Warlock we saw in Coven, Leslie Jones.

It almost feels purposeful, saying in this universe gay guys tend to be magical than straight, especially considering that women are more magical than men. Gay guys are "closer" to women. I don't know, knowing Murphy I wouldn't say it is a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 358October 4, 2018 3:33 AM

Gah, Leslie Jordan*

by Anonymousreply 359October 4, 2018 3:36 AM

A season about warlocks would be a lot better than this. The problem is that Murphy has too many actresses in the regular troupe. He needs to have a David DeCoteau type cast.

by Anonymousreply 360October 4, 2018 3:40 AM

Well, Ryan Murphy likes to keep his talent he uses for his shows in the family...you have Cody Fern and Jon Jon Briones from Assassination, and Billy Porter from Pose....Grossman was in Popular, and Lourd (and Roberts) were in Scream Queens. If he likes you, at least your guaranteed work.

by Anonymousreply 361October 4, 2018 3:52 AM

[quote]If he likes you, at least your guaranteed work.

True, it's interesting to think about what people he cast once or twice and never again. Michael Chiklis (he said the horror/darkness of the show got to him) and Chloë Sevigny (who didn't like her last character on Hotel and was vocal about it) never returned after their last AHS seasons. Nene Leakes went from guesting on Glee to The New Normal and then back to Glee but she hasn't worked with him in a long time. Patti LaBelle was only on one season, briefly and never came back.

[quote]Why didn't Dinah, Coco and Mallory know they were witches?

Dinah always knew she was a witch. Michael and Dinah both knew what/who the other was. They seemed to have some understanding, which she mentioned again later on this episode, that she has nothing to do with anyone else there and because of that he could/should leave her alone. She even told him she's not as powerful as him. Of course, he killed her anyway so that didn't matter. She's still trying it again.

It definitely was the same dynamic we saw on Coven where the Voodoo Witches and Non-Voodoo Witches don't consider themselves allies so they don't want to be lumped in together. Michael hating witches, in Dinah's mind, doesn't mean he needs to hate her too. She's not one of "them" Salem witches. She's Marie Laveau's.

It seems like Michael can possibly read minds so the witches, Coco & Mallory, needed to have their identities hidden.

by Anonymousreply 362October 4, 2018 4:31 AM

Nobody can hate on this ep, the warlock coven in and of itself was epic... then you have the HOTEL flashbacks. One of the best AHS eps since the best of HOTEL and then we have Jessica next week? Enjoy your gifts, cunts. I can't imagine the show will eclipse this season going forward given Murphy's Netflix deal.

by Anonymousreply 363October 4, 2018 5:17 AM

Cody Fern really looked sexy with the long blond hair and the sleeveless black t-shirt. He also had much more empressive range as the younger Michael.

Who was Ariel, the lead warlock? He just couldn't act.

by Anonymousreply 364October 4, 2018 5:21 AM

*expressive, not "empressive"

Though that's kind of a funny typo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 4, 2018 5:24 AM

So, apparently Billy Porter has filmed scenes with Lange for her upcoming episode.

He posted the cutest video fangirling about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 4, 2018 5:28 AM

R364, Ariel was played by Jon Jon Briones, who played Andrew Cunanan's father (to acclaim) in The Assassination of Gianni Versace.

by Anonymousreply 367October 4, 2018 5:29 AM

R363 Lange's episode isn't next week, but the week after (Episode #6).

by Anonymousreply 368October 4, 2018 5:32 AM

This episode has some of the worst CGI I've seen in years.

by Anonymousreply 369October 4, 2018 5:36 AM

R356, March is my favorite AHS character period. I am surprised his turn as the serial killer wasn’t more acclaimed in season 5. Peters imbues the role with panache, gravity and a hint of despair. It’s lovely.

by Anonymousreply 370October 4, 2018 5:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371October 4, 2018 5:52 AM

😂 I love the fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 4, 2018 5:55 AM

I wish i found the idea of bitchy gay warlocks and haughty/snobby witches empowering.

by Anonymousreply 373October 4, 2018 5:56 AM

I wonder if Constance will address Billy Porter as a "colored" in their episode?

by Anonymousreply 374October 4, 2018 5:57 AM

Let this tweet empower you, R373.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375October 4, 2018 5:57 AM

R374 Or as a "negroid". Either would be totally Constance.

I hope they give some fun, batshit crazy shit to do.

by Anonymousreply 376October 4, 2018 6:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377October 4, 2018 6:06 AM

The fans are so loyal and cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 4, 2018 6:23 AM

Lmfao!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379October 4, 2018 7:33 AM

Evan acted the hell out of his March scenes despite the fact there were few.

He went from telling Queenie she couldn't leave, to being friendly with Queenie, to be scared of Michael to being sad that Queenie was gone.

You'd almost forget his character was a serial killer and ended up murdering her.

by Anonymousreply 380October 4, 2018 8:38 AM

Every season the same stuff. Weep Wail and Moan. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the show just fine, Bummer to hear about Misty's fate, though that might not be the final word on the subject. And Madison's personal circle of hell being mistaken for eternity as Lindsey Lohan was excellent.

The person above who suggested the other sites were overrun by the witches might have stumbled onto something. But like the source of the laptop's signal that's all speculative now.

by Anonymousreply 381October 4, 2018 9:24 AM

[quote]I loved seeing Hotel Cortez again!

Unfortunately those gorgeous Art Deco sets were destroyed. Have to admit those doors and the Queenie's room looked so cheap and nothing like the originals.

Why in the world would anyone subscribe to FX+?

by Anonymousreply 382October 4, 2018 9:50 AM

Cody Fern throws a really mean fuck. It's pleasure to make him angry.

by Anonymousreply 383October 4, 2018 10:49 AM

I think Cheyanne looks very old and haggard. Is he sick?

by Anonymousreply 384October 4, 2018 11:43 AM

He has AIDS dear R384

by Anonymousreply 385October 4, 2018 12:37 PM

Ummm... R384... because he's no longer 25? That's kind of what happens when we age. You know, we start to look old.

by Anonymousreply 386October 4, 2018 12:57 PM

This episode was pretty good. Reminded me of the earlier, better seasons.

by Anonymousreply 387October 4, 2018 12:58 PM

The evil dude is so hot.

by Anonymousreply 388October 4, 2018 1:12 PM

This episode was great. AHS has gone through a long shitty period with some of the recent seasons. They didn't make sense for so many episodes. Hotel only really came together in the finale. By this point in Cult, the lesbians were still running around with Sara screeching over holes and exterminators in the yard and whatever idiotic stuff.

Coven was a great season and tying in Hotel & a lot of favorite characters from the past is great. It's a little strange they didn't explain how Myrtle came back & Misty was ignored... but oh well, can't get everything.

by Anonymousreply 389October 4, 2018 1:33 PM

[Quote]This episode was essentially an Reminded me of the earlier, better seasons.

That's because this episode was basically just an episode of "Coven".

by Anonymousreply 390October 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Cody Fern is not hot. He’s passable but typical Aussie white trash who wears too much makeup. Evan proves he’s the only 30 something in this show who can actually act.

by Anonymousreply 391October 4, 2018 4:32 PM

[Quote]Evan proves he’s the only 30 something in this show who can actually act.

Come again?

by Anonymousreply 392October 4, 2018 4:41 PM

Lily Rabe has always been infinitely better than Peters and Paulson. In a class all her own.

It's a shame she never got more to do with Lange. Their few scenes together were always electric.

Rabe should've graduated to lead after seasons 1 and 2.

by Anonymousreply 393October 4, 2018 4:49 PM

The Legion of Lange, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 4, 2018 4:59 PM

I, for one apparently, am the only one who thinks Peters is absolutely horrible as March. That awful cadence and wig. He looks and acts like a 10 year old playing dress up. And, good God, the acting from the African American warlock!!! JE-SUS!!!

by Anonymousreply 395October 4, 2018 5:38 PM

R384 Drugs(no idea if he's still using)+a bunch of toddlers at home.

R385 Fact or fiction??

by Anonymousreply 396October 4, 2018 6:20 PM

Lily Rabe gives me the creeps - she has crazy eyes and looks unhinged. She gives me the same vibe as Kristin Wiig, that she's a moment away from ripping off her clothes and running into traffic.

by Anonymousreply 397October 4, 2018 6:25 PM

R384, Cheyanne is 43. He looks like a 43 year old who probably works out too much. In face vs abs he chose abs.

R393, Rabe is criminally underutilized but I think part of that is that she's always busy outside of the show. I tried watching her old TV series that got canned and she was infinitely better than everyone around her. I think that prevented her from being in Freak Show.

R382, If you had FX+ when the show premiered they gave you 3 free months because of an "outage." There's also no commercials. So if you want to binge an FX series then it's a good idea at least for the time the show is on. There's also the bonus of seeing episodes of shows earlier and, at least once, full frontal male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 398October 4, 2018 6:45 PM

[quote]Cheyanne is 43. He looks like a 43 year old who probably works out too much. In face vs abs he chose abs.

Yep, he needs to put on a few pounds so his face won't look so skeletal but doing so will also add weight were he doesn't want it.

by Anonymousreply 399October 4, 2018 7:11 PM

AHS: Apocalypse was the highest-rated scripted show on cable for the week ending September 24.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 4, 2018 7:41 PM

That’s not saying much. It’s cable. This is the lowest ratings it’s ever had.

by Anonymousreply 401October 4, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]This is the lowest ratings it’s ever had.

That's true of most every show on TV this year.

by Anonymousreply 402October 4, 2018 8:01 PM

To everyone saying “how the hell did Myrtle Snow come back”? Have you considered the fact that that character is now a robot like Ms. Mead? Cordelia really cared for Myrtle much more then Fiona so if she was going to reproduce someone wouldn’t it be someone she truest loved. Plus we don’t know how common robots are in this world. Also, we never really saw the original Myrtle use magic like the other witches except for that one spell to give Cordelia her sight back the first time. I don’t know, just throwing it out there.

by Anonymousreply 403October 4, 2018 8:02 PM

I think Myrtle was resurrected to be on the witches council after Queenie got stuck st the Hotel Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 404October 4, 2018 8:12 PM

I haven't seen this yet, but I am curious, why would Madison have been brought back? She was packing to leave the coven to return to her agent when the 'house dog' killed her for not resurrecting his girlfriend...but she's back, out of all the other girls? Why? How? Who the hell would've wanted her anyway??

I know trying to make sense of AHS is an exercise in futility so if there's no reason other than that she was brought back to say 'bitch' again please let me know what that reasoning is/was.

by Anonymousreply 405October 4, 2018 8:23 PM

yum-ooooooooooooooooooo

by Anonymousreply 406October 4, 2018 8:27 PM

[Quote]Why? How? Who the hell would've wanted her anyway??

I mean we saw how, Michael did it to show he could. No one asked for it, Cordelia never even mentioned Madison.

by Anonymousreply 407October 4, 2018 9:19 PM

Well, they have you all speculating!

by Anonymousreply 408October 4, 2018 10:01 PM

[quote]So two things really bugged me this episode:

[quote]1) Myrtle was dead at the end of Coven. Literally no mention of this fact.

[quote]2) Cordelia specifically name drop how they lost Misty Day, when Michael says they have to get one more person I was all set to see Lily Rabe...but we go to Madison, who wasn't even brought up. Weird writing.

A lot of times in the AHS-verse, these little plot points are explained in flashbacks in due time. I kind of like this because it keeps us viewers going "Huh? What? Why? Oh, okay... now I get it."

by Anonymousreply 409October 4, 2018 11:30 PM

Oh well, this is when I say bye bye to Apoc. It’s SO heavy on Coven. Which I hated and stopped after two eps. “Witches being bitchy?” Nope.

Four eps onto this season and not. One. Scare. Yet.

American Camp Story is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 410October 5, 2018 12:31 AM

[quote]I know trying to make sense of AHS is an exercise in futility so if there's no reason other than that she was brought back to say 'bitch' again please let me know what that reasoning is/was.

He's doing it to prove how powerful he is so it will prompt her to feel like she has to do The Seven Wonders. He took care of the two problems she had with performing it for him.

She can't say he's not powerful enough to qualify to be Supreme because after days of trying, she wasn't able to get Queenie out of Cortez but he did easily.

Her other objection was not forcing someone to go to hell who may never come back but he's already done it to get Madison.

This act of "kindness" may even get one of the girls on his side or at least convince Cordelia she should do what he says because he really could be the next Supreme.

by Anonymousreply 411October 5, 2018 12:35 AM

After having seen this week's ep, it is crystal clear that Fiona Goode will be back in one form another, I have no doubt whatsoever. And, Twitter will explode.

by Anonymousreply 412October 5, 2018 12:41 AM

R411 - didn't Cordelia comment something to the effect that his magic was something else? I assumed she knew or sensed he was more of a demonic force than a warlock.

by Anonymousreply 413October 5, 2018 2:27 AM

Remember...its still Halloween night at outpost 3....and Michael said to the witches, "When Im done, you will wish you were still dead".....I still believe theyre all dead and this is their shot to reverse everything. I also predict that Jessica Lange will not just be making an appearance in one episode....I think we will see her in the finale possibly as a ressurected Fiona who will battle Michael.

by Anonymousreply 414October 5, 2018 2:32 AM

Nah, R414 - Cordelia will be battling him. I think Lange is just coming back in Constance flashbacks.

by Anonymousreply 415October 5, 2018 2:34 AM

R413, Cheyanne's character said that he wasn't a warlock, he was possessed by a demon but no one cared enough to heed his warnings because the other warlocks wanted to be better than the witches. Even Mr. March clearly knew that Queenie and he shouldn't mess with him.

by Anonymousreply 416October 5, 2018 2:53 AM

Love this season. Warlocks vs. Witches!

[quote] It almost feels purposeful, saying in this universe gay guys tend to be magical than straight, especially considering that women are more magical than men. Gay guys are "closer" to women. I don't know, knowing Murphy I wouldn't say it is a coincidence.

I believe Murphy takes inspiration of the Western interpretation of the ancient time's spiritual third gender of tribal culture.

[quote] The terms third gender and third sex describe individuals who are categorized (by their will or by social consensus) as neither man nor woman, as well as the social category present in those societies who recognize three or more genders. The term “third” is usually understood to mean “other”;

[quote] While some western scholars have sought to understand the term ‘third gender’ in terms of ‘sexual orientation,’ several other scholars, especially the native non-western scholars, consider this as a misrepresentation of ‘third genders.’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 5, 2018 1:09 PM

I know this will be very unpopular to say....

BUT...

I actually genuinely like Emma Roberts.

She plays the bitch so well. I put her in the class with Alison Arngrim, Charisma Carpenter, etc... who make the "bitch" character downright loveable and sympathetic.

by Anonymousreply 418October 5, 2018 1:40 PM

The head warlock is so awful. Any of the other guys would’ve been better. He makes it seem like warlocks are inferior and desperate but then again maybe that’s the point.

by Anonymousreply 419October 5, 2018 1:47 PM

Men are witches too, not warlocks. Geez. Sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 420October 5, 2018 2:34 PM

[Quote] He makes it seem like warlocks are inferior and desperate but then again maybe that’s the point.

That was obviously the point...

by Anonymousreply 421October 5, 2018 2:42 PM

@ R 420 English, motherfucker! Du you speak it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422October 5, 2018 2:57 PM

Yeah, the leader of the warlocks is so desperate for male dominance within that witchcraft community that he ignores the warnings of Cheyenne's character.

by Anonymousreply 423October 5, 2018 2:58 PM

Cody should have been the genius kid who was kidnapped in the first episode and Evan as the devil boy.

by Anonymousreply 424October 5, 2018 3:37 PM

I think Cody looks cute with the hair he has in episode four. Of course he is an evil son of a bitch, because he was raised / born that way.

by Anonymousreply 425October 5, 2018 3:44 PM

Cody’s already getting that trashy bloated Aussie look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 5, 2018 3:51 PM

This is easily the best season since Coven.

Madison's scene in the BB&B store was the tie-in to Scream Queens.

by Anonymousreply 427October 5, 2018 4:16 PM

Cody is really clumsy in bed.

by Anonymousreply 428October 5, 2018 5:09 PM

There is NO tie in to Scream Queens.....jeez.

by Anonymousreply 429October 5, 2018 5:15 PM

I really do like Emma Roberts, too. I have no idea what she's like in real life, but she plays a bitch so well. I remember noticing her in Scream 4 where she's made out to be the good girl for 3/4ths of the film, only to be revealed as the killer. She was so bland that she blended in with the background the entire time and I kept thinking "man, this girl really is lousy" only for her to spring to life in the final 10/15 minutes and nail it.

I'm guessing she doesn't exactly have the best range out there since it seems like that's all she's been cast as since.

by Anonymousreply 430October 5, 2018 5:19 PM

I think if shes not playing a complete bitch than she is bland. But she does bring some sweetness to her bitch characters to keep them from being one dimensional.

by Anonymousreply 431October 5, 2018 5:38 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432October 5, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote]I think if shes not playing a complete bitch than she is bland.

That's because she can only play the one character, which I imagine is fairly similar to her real personality. But yes she is an entertaining bitch.

by Anonymousreply 433October 5, 2018 6:03 PM

Emma Roberts reminds me of young Nicollette Sheridan. I don't know why. Maybe because of the characters they play. Maybe because Nicollette looks like an older version of her and could easily play her mother.

by Anonymousreply 434October 5, 2018 8:53 PM

[quote]Cody is really clumsy in bed.

How would you know?

by Anonymousreply 435October 5, 2018 9:31 PM

I'll repeat my question from 2 weeks ago. Where the fuck is Billy Eichner? If Michael is so powerful he certainly would realize that there was someone still alive in the bunker who doesn't belong there and Coco remembered that he killed her but no one else was like what? Huh? Who? And Coco certainly comes across as someone who would just let that drop, except not.

by Anonymousreply 436October 6, 2018 1:13 AM

None of the witches are dead. If they were dead, they wouldn't have their powers. And they wouldn't be able to fight Langdon if they were stuck in one place. Plus the witches have been going from outpost to outpost searching for their own kind and Langdon himself. Something that would take weeks which they couldn't do if they were already ghosts.

by Anonymousreply 437October 6, 2018 1:56 AM

Yeah, R436, it's a bit odd that Eichner is skulking around and no one knows he's there? Coco doesn't say anything? Doesn't try to kill him or something now that she's alive again? I can see why Michael maybe let him be - he killed Coco, but it just adds to the sloppy writing, I guess, to not address him.

by Anonymousreply 438October 6, 2018 3:06 AM

Michael didnt let him in....he hid under the carriage, and when Amazon Eve went to kill the horses, he killed her and stole her entry pass.

by Anonymousreply 439October 6, 2018 4:53 AM

Jess will be appearing in episode 6. (I just hope that no talent daughter of mine isn't on this season.)

by Anonymousreply 440October 6, 2018 5:12 AM

Who the hell ever said Michael let him in, R439? The problem is all those witches AND the son of Satan are there and none of them even sense that he, technically, is probably still there and very much alive when everyone is supposed to be dead. PLUS, as stated before, COCO said that he killed her and no one even batted an eyelash about someone new being in the compound, nor is she the slightest bit interested in finding him.

by Anonymousreply 441October 6, 2018 6:31 AM

[quote]I have no idea what she's like in real life, but she plays a bitch so well.

She's a violent drunkard like dear old dad Eric.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 6, 2018 6:36 AM

R441, we don't know what's become of Eichner's character because it hasn't been revealed yet. The witches may have already done away with him. AHS doesn't always tell its story in a linear fashion.

by Anonymousreply 443October 6, 2018 7:02 AM

And why is the air clear now? If the witches could clear it, why would it take a few years? This doesn't make sense, none of this makes sense. People actually make a living creating this mess.

by Anonymousreply 444October 6, 2018 9:48 AM

It's a flashback when the air is clear

by Anonymousreply 445October 6, 2018 12:10 PM

Some things that don't add up. When Queening was on Hotel she said that her Supreme booked her reservation. Odd that she would know the Hotel was a hellmouth, but she booked Queenie the room there. How did Madison die and why would he get her when she only talked about Misty and Queenie in the meeting with the warlocks.

by Anonymousreply 446October 6, 2018 3:07 PM

Is Angela Bassett reprising any of her characters or is she too busy with 911?

by Anonymousreply 447October 6, 2018 3:19 PM

r441.....r438 stated that Michael let him in... TRY AND KEEP UP YOURSELF.........and learn to fucking read instead of running your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 448October 6, 2018 3:30 PM

R446 I dont think Cordelia knew the hotel was a hellmouth until she went there to get Queenie.

by Anonymousreply 449October 6, 2018 3:34 PM

The enchanted ticket and reservation was for "The Price Is Right" R446, which is where Queenie was headed before she got waylaid at the Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 450October 6, 2018 5:09 PM

[quote]Some things that don't add up.

Welcome to a Ryan Murphy show.

by Anonymousreply 451October 6, 2018 5:19 PM

R450, thank you! To clarify, Cordelia enchanted the Price is Right ticket. Queenie has the bad fortune to book the Cortez.

by Anonymousreply 452October 6, 2018 5:28 PM

IT says Michael let him BE, R448, not IN-why don't you try learning to read before you shoot off your fool mouth?

by Anonymousreply 453October 6, 2018 5:33 PM

Cody Fern is a fucking awful actor, and is not that hot..He MUST throw a mean fuck

by Anonymousreply 454October 6, 2018 7:29 PM

I'm visiting some friends on the set next week. Looking forward to it. I'll post pics on my IG.

by Anonymousreply 455October 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Where did Cody Fern even come from? Ryan Murphy must be in love with him to give him this role and the Versace one.

by Anonymousreply 456October 6, 2018 8:21 PM

He gives good head. The twink boyfriend is probably being passed around, too as he got an extra role in Versace.

by Anonymousreply 457October 6, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote]I'm visiting some friends on the set next week. Looking forward to it. I'll post pics on my IG.

Who the fuck are you and what's your IG? lol

Get some dirt on Cody. His twink bf is down there posting snaps from Starbucks bathrooms. No, I'm not joking.

by Anonymousreply 458October 6, 2018 8:36 PM

R458 What does a Cody bf look like? Cause he is fucking gross

by Anonymousreply 459October 6, 2018 8:45 PM

r459, randomlynew and erixxmith on instagram. He looks like Barry Manilow's tweaker son.

by Anonymousreply 460October 6, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote] I 'm visiting some friends on the set next week. Looking forward to it. I'll post pics on my IG.

Yeah, the producers of AHS are just dying to have visitors leak set pics on social media.

by Anonymousreply 461October 6, 2018 9:07 PM

[R461] You can take pictures when people are aware of it and pose with you. But there's always been a rule on the set that you can't take unsolicited pictures. Not my first visit.

by Anonymousreply 462October 6, 2018 9:29 PM

Who have you met already r462? Any dirt?

by Anonymousreply 463October 6, 2018 9:33 PM

[R462] Tell us more about Cody

by Anonymousreply 464October 6, 2018 11:57 PM

I just rewatched hotel with Queenie - she def said Cordelia made her reservation. plus how would she not know getting there. She is a fucking witch. How do you not know they place is fucked? lol. Still no reason for him to go get Madison. There was no mention of Madison just Misty - why so something must be up with Madison being an agent of the devil.

by Anonymousreply 465October 7, 2018 12:32 AM

I think Misty was mentioned because she will come in play as a surprise later on. Madison may be Michael's secret ally willing to backstab the witches to help the guy who saved her from her hell.

by Anonymousreply 466October 7, 2018 1:15 AM

I really liked the season premiere, disliked the boring and idiotic episodes 2 and 3, and just when I was about to ditch this season the magnificent episode 4 happened. Now I want to see more but I'm afraid it all turns to crap again. It's a roller coaster ride with this show, you never know what you'll be getting.

by Anonymousreply 467October 7, 2018 3:34 AM

Madison isn't evil, R466, she's just selfish and she had a very messed up childhood. The only person she didn't like was Zoe.

R447, Angela said she wasn't coming back this season.

[quote]How did Madison die and why would he get her when she only talked about Misty and Queenie in the meeting with the warlocks.

Madison said she was leaving town. She went to her room and was killed by Kyle because she wouldn't bring Zoe back from the dead. He thought that was particularly evil. He probably hid the body and no one knew she was dead for a while, they just thought she left.

[quote]She is a fucking witch. How do you not know they place is fucked? lol. Still no reason for him to go get Madison.

Why would she know? She doesn't mystically know all things about all places. It didn't seem she knew what the Cortez really was until she went there herself. She only says it was an evil place when she's recounting the story of how she already had tried to get Queenie. That makes more sense than her purposely sending her there. Hell, it took the combination of James March and Ramona to take Queenie down. She most certainly didn't know there were vampires there too.

She got Madison as part of his plan to give her back her original Coven/students and prove how powerful he was. Getting Misty would be the last thing to do in front of her if only because that's the one she feels the worst about since she sent her to her death. Also once you die like Misty died, during the Seven Wonders you're not supposed to be able to bring them back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468October 7, 2018 6:18 AM

I saw some posts about Cody here implying he was discussed here but I check the olt treads and found no tea other than his boring bf. Can someone link the actuall tread about him that contains all the gossip?

by Anonymousreply 469October 7, 2018 2:46 PM

r468....after Kyle killed Madison, Spaulding took her body...again.

by Anonymousreply 470October 7, 2018 2:56 PM

Cody and his twink feeding each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 7, 2018 7:31 PM

Misty literally turned to dust. Unlike the other dead witches, there's no body to resurrect.

by Anonymousreply 472October 7, 2018 9:09 PM

R472 Like following story is apart of AHS? Are you tripping

by Anonymousreply 473October 7, 2018 9:11 PM

[R469] But there is no real gossip on Cody. Just people talking about his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 474October 7, 2018 9:58 PM

Cody's not even publicly out - hilarious for someone who's basically Ryan Murphy's pet.

by Anonymousreply 475October 7, 2018 10:00 PM

I've watched all of AHS apart from Cult but reading some of the plot explanations on here is really making me laugh. It's all such nonsense (obviously I'll still watch the rest).

by Anonymousreply 476October 7, 2018 10:02 PM

And Myrtle Snow was burned at the stake by the witches tribunal or whatever it was called. How did she come back to life?

by Anonymousreply 477October 7, 2018 10:07 PM

[quote]Cody's not even publicly out - hilarious for someone who's basically Ryan Murphy's pet.

Cody's presence on Eric Smith's IG is being publically out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478October 7, 2018 10:16 PM

Since you have all the answers, R476...

by Anonymousreply 479October 7, 2018 10:21 PM

R479 - I meant it's making me laugh in that I've devoted so much time over years to a programme which is obviously such nonsense!

by Anonymousreply 480October 7, 2018 10:24 PM

[quote]I really liked the season premiere, disliked the boring and idiotic episodes 2 and 3, and just when I was about to ditch this season the magnificent episode 4 happened.

I was totally with you until you got to ep 4. It’s funny that that episode is what drew you back in yet caused me to slam the door on a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 481October 7, 2018 10:25 PM

The Apocalypse hasn't even happened yet. The witches traveled in time and they are also traveling back to Murder House to prevent Michael Langdon's birth. They will also try burning him at the stake but it fails.

by Anonymousreply 482October 7, 2018 10:26 PM

Myrtle is my favortist character ever in all the AHS universe.

by Anonymousreply 483October 7, 2018 10:28 PM

r477...Remember....Myrtle was burned at the stake at the beginning of the season also and Misty resurrected and "rejuvenated" her. She buried her in that special mud outside her shack.

by Anonymousreply 484October 7, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]I was totally with you until you got to ep 4. It’s funny that that episode is what drew you back in yet caused me to slam the door on a bitch.

Episode 4 gave us a solid story. Episodes 2 and 3 were just too vague, and were practically a waste of time. I skipped the Coven season but I generally like witches and warlocks, which is why I was relieved to see we're dealing with them this time.

by Anonymousreply 485October 7, 2018 11:39 PM

R485 - If you skipped Coven how on Earth do have any clue what's going on in this season?!

by Anonymousreply 486October 8, 2018 7:58 AM

R486 Exactly, I also skipped 'Coven', (too many shitty actresses shitting on camera for my tastes) so episode 4 was just an endless 'WHAAAAT?'

by Anonymousreply 487October 8, 2018 9:24 PM

Same, R483. ADORE HER.

by Anonymousreply 488October 8, 2018 11:43 PM

R486, watching AHS is not exactly brain surgery ;) Nods to past episodes aren't really emotionally that deep, especially since I don't think I've ever gotten emotionally attached to any AHS character. I mean I've liked many of them but since this is an anthology series, and main actors have played various roles, it feels like I'm always more in the present than in the past, if that makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 489October 9, 2018 3:22 AM

Are all warlocks gay? I didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 490October 9, 2018 3:02 PM

R490 All males are gay in Ryan Murphy world. All females are fabulous bitches.

by Anonymousreply 491October 9, 2018 3:14 PM

Has anyone seen tonight's ep yet? I don't have FX+ and it hasn't leaked quite yet, so spoilers please!

by Anonymousreply 492October 9, 2018 7:32 PM

It is Tuesday today, the show airs Wednesday r492. Take a breather.

by Anonymousreply 493October 9, 2018 7:41 PM

Stevie Nicks, Lily Rabe and Dame Joan Collins appear in episode 5.

by Anonymousreply 494October 9, 2018 8:15 PM

Does Michael perform the 7 Wonders?

by Anonymousreply 495October 9, 2018 9:02 PM

R495 He definitely performed something to get this part.

by Anonymousreply 496October 9, 2018 9:04 PM

Hopefully the Nicks cameos won't be as lame ass as her ridiculous stint on "Coven". I still cringe thinking about that whole "7 Wonders" video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497October 9, 2018 10:05 PM

I love Stevie Nicks, but that cameo was so fucking stupid. It's just in there because Ryan Murphy could do it. No reason for it to exist in the story. He did the same thing in the later seasons of Nip/Tuck and most of Glee. It's like the fucking Love Boat with all the random celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 498October 9, 2018 10:10 PM

Fern Gully sucks cock for roles

by Anonymousreply 499October 9, 2018 11:45 PM

Why are people thinking he can perform the '7 wonders'? He's not a warlock. He's the anti-christ. He's above and beyond what Cordelia can do.

by Anonymousreply 500October 10, 2018 2:47 AM

Interesting in this interview Cody Fern mentions something that has come up here, Michael Langdon is chronically very young, and that affects how he plays him. He tries to bring more childish emotional temperament to it, which in retrospect I can see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501October 10, 2018 4:02 AM

chronologically*

by Anonymousreply 502October 10, 2018 4:02 AM

Cody performed the Seven Wonders out his asshole for Murphy.

Vitalum Vitalis balanced the scales of life to breathe new life into Murphy's withered old cock.

by Anonymousreply 503October 10, 2018 7:35 AM

Stevie Nicks was in episode 5. Her cameo was terrible and her singing was off.

by Anonymousreply 504October 10, 2018 10:52 AM

[quote]He is pretty ordinary [R274], which is rather funny how he became this AHS heart-throb.

I’m not sure why it’s funny. He’s cute, lanky and awkward looking. Some people--like myself--find that wayyy more attractive than steroided, homophobic, gay for pay porn people that DL obsesses over.

[quote]Why does that Leslie actress keep on getting jobs? She plays the same character all the time.

Uh….that’s kinda the point.

[quote]The opening of episode four was painfully bad. Poor dialogue, poor plot, poor acting all around. Why is this show so terrible?

It’s called "Camp. " Whether that's intentional is whole 'nother thing.

[quote] He tries to bring more childish emotional temperament to it, which in retrospect I can see.

Yeah, he should probably not be so...ambitious.

by Anonymousreply 505October 10, 2018 12:47 PM

The only casting I dislike is Lispy Paulson. I hated Gaga, too, but at least she only stunk up one season. I don't mind Fern. He's maybe not the greatest actor - he seems too aware that he's acting - but he's not the worst choice. I'm guessing he was chosen because he's supposed to be the son of Tate and Vivien. Looks-wise, he could be their likely offspring.

by Anonymousreply 506October 10, 2018 1:22 PM

^no, he was chosen because he can suck a mean dick.

by Anonymousreply 507October 10, 2018 1:29 PM

I agree r506. Cody Fern actually looks like could be the offspring of Connie Britton and Evan Peters.

by Anonymousreply 508October 10, 2018 1:32 PM

Spoilers, please.

by Anonymousreply 509October 10, 2018 6:19 PM

The baby gays still discovering and falling in lovae with Constance 7 years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 10, 2018 6:34 PM

Tonight’s episode is so dumb. Fuck Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 511October 10, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]Stevie Nicks was in episode 5. Her cameo was terrible and her singing was off.

Yep, the Stevie Nicks cameo was every bit as pointless as it was in "Coven"

by Anonymousreply 512October 11, 2018 12:42 AM

I have high hopes for next week. Please don't fuck it up, Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 513October 11, 2018 1:29 AM

Any preview of Constance? I want to see her interact with witches.

How would Constance handle Fiona?

by Anonymousreply 514October 11, 2018 1:32 AM

[quote] Yep, the Stevie Nicks cameo was every bit as pointless as it was in "Coven"

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and oh, her appearance is the best scene in the series so far.

by Anonymousreply 515October 11, 2018 2:58 AM

I liked this episode....its making sense now....and I dont believe Cheyanne Jackson is dead for a minute,

by Anonymousreply 516October 11, 2018 3:02 AM

Yes, snap at your screen and yell "yaas kween" r515.

I guess that is why Murphy loves his celebrity cameos, people like you still get impressed each time.

I would have rather have more actual plot.

by Anonymousreply 517October 11, 2018 3:05 AM

[Quote]I have high hopes for next week. Please don't fuck it up, Ryan.

Yeah next week is the big return to Murder House and we get Jessica Lange, expectations are high.

I guess it will be three flashback episodes in a row, it is still the start of Halloween whenever we return to the "present"

by Anonymousreply 518October 11, 2018 3:09 AM

I really hope the Witches that were bought back don't wind up getting killed again. Talk about cheating your audience. Misty Day is the best AHS character Lily Rabe has ever portrayed, followed by Sister Mary Eunice McKee.

by Anonymousreply 519October 11, 2018 3:09 AM

I love that Cocos power is detecting gluten.

by Anonymousreply 520October 11, 2018 3:15 AM

Why didn't Cordelia know or sense that Warlock John had been murdered? I thought they could sense those things. And seriously - how did Myrtle make it back?

by Anonymousreply 521October 11, 2018 3:18 AM

Evan. Huge penis?

by Anonymousreply 522October 11, 2018 3:19 AM

[Quote]and I dont believe Cheyanne Jackson is dead for a minute,

His death was weird. Ariel and Mrs. Mead were secretly conspiring together this whole time? Sure okay.

by Anonymousreply 523October 11, 2018 3:20 AM

[Quote]I really hope the Witches that were bought back don't wind up getting killed again.

Michael did say he thought he killed all the witches.

by Anonymousreply 524October 11, 2018 3:23 AM

[Quote]Any preview of Constance? I want to see her interact with witches

Well it is going to be Constance, Madison, and Billy Porter. The amount of bitchy one liners is too much.

Also 100% certainty Constance says something racist to him.

by Anonymousreply 525October 11, 2018 3:37 AM

So, Constance is trapped in Murder House, too.

by Anonymousreply 526October 11, 2018 3:40 AM

Constance lives next door....unless Michael killed her before he left. She was always at the house "visiting".

by Anonymousreply 527October 11, 2018 3:44 AM

This season is so much better than the recent seasons have been. It is actually progressing with a plot and coherent. I can forgive some plot holes and gaps (how myrtle came back) when 90% is clear for once.

Whoever asked above - I think Michael killed off the witches in the "present" except for the two in the bunker who had the identity spell. It think they were hinting that the next supreme was actually Mallory, and they used an identity spell so Michael wouldn't find her and kill her. The gluten scene made me laugh. The framing of the shot made it look like areal housewives episode.

Cordelia isn't going to Murder house at all? In the preview, it seemed like she was standing to the right of Madison when Madison said "we're the new owners - who are you?" but that sort of doesn't make sense that she spent all the time sending Madison there.

Constance has been a ghost neighbor of the Murder House for a long time r526. I don't remember much about Murder House at all... they'll have to explain / recap what's going on there. It's been 7 years. I completely forgot they had a baby that was the antichrist altogether.

by Anonymousreply 528October 11, 2018 3:45 AM

Hmm... almost midnight with 2 deadlines for tomorrow. This, or watch AHS. AHS.

by Anonymousreply 529October 11, 2018 3:47 AM

r528 Constance is not a ghost....unless she is in the present and it hasnt been disclosed yet. She lived next door because she used to own the murder house and Tate is there...her son.

by Anonymousreply 530October 11, 2018 3:48 AM

R528, Maybe it was Billie Dean Howard?

by Anonymousreply 531October 11, 2018 3:52 AM

Oh yeah - the realtor. Probably. was she still alive at the end of Murder house? It must have been her. I was almost positive it was Sarah Paulson, however briefly flashed on tv.

Yeah, I stand corrected R530 - I can't remember murder house well at all. Who wasn't alive in Murder House? Some of them definitely were ghosts though right? That's about all I thought I knew of that season.

by Anonymousreply 532October 11, 2018 3:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533October 11, 2018 3:57 AM

... unless I am confusing it with Hotel Cortez & then never mind.

by Anonymousreply 534October 11, 2018 3:57 AM

Oh - ok that's Billie Dean Howard the medium (Sarah Paulson)- not the realtor, Marcy.

by Anonymousreply 535October 11, 2018 4:00 AM

Its Billie Dean with Madison and Billy Porter.....

by Anonymousreply 536October 11, 2018 4:00 AM

What are we down to about 10 viewers now? What was Murphy thinking??!

by Anonymousreply 537October 11, 2018 4:03 AM

r532....By the end, they were all ghosts except for Constance, Michael and Billie Dean.....The realtor, Marcy, was killed at the Hotel Cortez after selling the hotel to Drake (Cheyanne Jackson)

by Anonymousreply 538October 11, 2018 4:04 AM

You just know Lange will be on screen for 5 minutes in some dumb fucking flashback.

by Anonymousreply 539October 11, 2018 4:09 AM

You have good memory r537.

R537, maybe he was thinking that coven was the highest rated season & trying to bring it back would actually get viewers to return after the last few seasons of low ratings. And to some extent he's tying the seasons together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540October 11, 2018 4:10 AM

r538 has a good memory. I cannot type tonight.

by Anonymousreply 541October 11, 2018 4:11 AM

But it's so sloppy and doesn't make sense, r540, We're halfway through the season. This shit is forgettable. Even the former bad seasons were memorable. Nothing about this current one will be recalled. It's so unbelievably boring and goes nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 542October 11, 2018 4:14 AM

What doesn't make sense?

It's pretty clear where it's going... but ok.

by Anonymousreply 543October 11, 2018 4:17 AM

R542 you've written 37 negative posts in this thread about the show. What is the point of all of that exactly?

by Anonymousreply 544October 11, 2018 4:19 AM

If the Witches turn back time to prevent Michael's birth and save the world, Madison and Misty will be back in Hell again.

by Anonymousreply 545October 11, 2018 4:20 AM

Kate Mara is returning as Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 546October 11, 2018 4:26 AM

This is the 3rd best season ever behind Murder House and Coven. It may even move ahead of Coven if it keeps improving like it is.

by Anonymousreply 547October 11, 2018 4:31 AM

[quote]If the Witches turn back time to prevent Michael's birth and save the world, Madison and Misty will be back in Hell again.

It seems like Mallory has that power R545.

But I don't think they have to go back to Michael's birth. All they'd have to do is stop him right where this episode takes place.

by Anonymousreply 548October 11, 2018 4:56 AM

R547 = Cody Fern

by Anonymousreply 549October 11, 2018 5:39 AM

Cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 11, 2018 5:43 AM

[quote] almost midnight with 2 deadlines for tomorrow. This, or watch AHS. AHS.

That's what cable on demand and dvr is for. I time-shift everything these days for convenience plus pause and fast-forward..

by Anonymousreply 551October 11, 2018 7:50 AM

Episodes 8 title is ‘sojourn’ which is typically used in reference to angels, I think. Or sojourner truth. Maybe Mallory isn’t the next supreme but an angel or something? Also, I don’t think the witches were dead in the present day. Sarah Paulson couldn’t have performed vitalum vitalis if she were dead.

by Anonymousreply 552October 11, 2018 8:06 AM

I love Myrtle’s fashion.

Also I have it on good authority her carpet does not match her drapes and still look pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553October 11, 2018 8:06 AM

Jessica Lange was filming for three days in late September. She's getting more than just a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 554October 11, 2018 8:11 AM

I am two episodes behind now, as I never watched 'Coven', and Fern Gully makes me want to commit acts of violence against the untalented

by Anonymousreply 555October 11, 2018 8:12 AM

I find this season to be rather weak. Most of the plot feels cobbled together and bringing the witches back feels like fan casting and really emphasizes how limited most of them (at least the younger ones ) are as actresses. Emma Roberts is one-note and plays all of her characters the same way. You could easily interchange Madison with Chanel Oberlin - same exact characters in different outfits. The other younger witches (Gabourey Sidibe, Taissa Farmiga) don't fair well either but they haven't really been given too much to do and they aren't being given the snappier dialogue (unlike Roberts and Leslie Grossman). Lily Rabe is a very good actress and has an excellent range. She doesn't need the salacious lines to stand out. Frances Conroy and Kathy Bates too - excellent actresses but they can only do so much with a limited plot.

I think the whole witches and warlocks thing was put together for ratings. It's mildly entertaining but nothing special or particularly nuanced. I am looking forward to the return of Jessica Lange and hope we get her for more than one episode and multiple characters.

by Anonymousreply 556October 11, 2018 8:33 AM

I will say this and admit my MARY! now. I teared up at the Stevie Nicks cameo. Yes, I need to get my testosterone checked. *slithers off in shame*

by Anonymousreply 557October 11, 2018 9:15 AM

I completely agree with you R556.

However, out of all of the seasons he's done Murphy did say he was thinking about coming back to Coven right after the first one aired. (But he didn't think he'd do it until the end of the series.) I think out of the first few seasons it was the one that had an ending that could easily be continued. I'm just not sure this is the story people were expecting.

by Anonymousreply 558October 11, 2018 9:44 AM

I’ve hated every season since halfway through coven. My chief complaint has been lack of a coherent narrative. For a long time, the series was just montages od gross-out shit.

I liked last night’s episode. I’m warming to the season. I liked the pilot, then the quality dropped, and now it feels fun and coherent. I’m a bit of a sucker for witchy stuff, though—very excited about Sabrina, curious about the Charmed reboot, etc. (And, um, anyone see Riverdale?!) But coven pissed me off. It was fun and then it was destroyed by horrible writing. This season feels like it’s on an upswing storywise, but since they’re shifting gears to the Murder House next week, it could all come crashing down again. It probably will. AHS reliably disappoints. Even though I can follow the narrative and it does seem to be headed somewhere, it still feels like the writers would benefit from Ritalin. First it was the apocalypse, then post-apocalypse; then Halloween and all the characters are dead; then witches; then we’re back in time in New Orleans; then at the warlocks school; then hell; next up, murder house...are we still in a flashback timeline? At the beginning of last night’s episode, I forgot we were in a flashback and I thought, damn, this is the longest Halloween night ever. Are we going back to the post-apocalyptic present at some point? Will it still be Halloween? Will Cher come in and sing “if I could turn back time” while Sarah Paulson kills the baby of Satan and dies fabulously and Frances sings “the name game” while grey aliens hand out tacos to trick or treaters? All of these things could happen on this show, and that doesn’t speak well of it.

I thought the Stevie Nicks cameo was ill timed and confusing. It interrupted the momentum of the plot with a lady just standing around singing and...we were supposed to be moved? Literally nothing all season has been moving or emotionally involving. And I imagine if anyone watching didn’t see coven, they’d have no idea why Misty cares that wotchworld Stevie Nicks was there to song a ditty.

R558 Coven seems most like a Ryan Murphy show. It’s women with magic dressing up with fabulously gay-goth styling and acting like mean girls. Basically, it’s grown up Glee.

by Anonymousreply 559October 11, 2018 10:02 AM

R524 About not hoping the witches are dead at the end...that would be quite an irony since most people’s chief complaint of the Coven season was that most of the witches were killed but none of them stayed dead, and so there were no dramatic stakes. That is why the show lost me for remaining seasons; it just became pointless. There is no horror without the consequence of death. If RM and company heard that complaint, maybe they are going to right it with this season and actually kill them all?

Here’s a what-if that just occurred to me: What if Cordelia ends up in hell, and her hell is an eternal halloween night after the apocalypse coming back to save the world and having to face up to the poor choices she made that brought about the apocalypse? Over and over she comes back to save the world, over and over the world is discovered to have been destoyed because she gave it to the son of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 560October 11, 2018 10:10 AM

R559, this is the most beautiful post ever written on this show.

R560, Before the show finished he instituted a "dead means dead" call the first time around since everyone was complaining that no one was staying dead. Nobody thought he meant the death of Misty (and Fiona/Madison but people were more upset about Misty.) I hated the witches constantly dying and coming back on the original Coven but I was happy at least three of the "good witches" survived. It was a "happy" season. Then, of course, they killed Queenie on another show. I guess it does work here that Cordelia wanted them all back and Michael only did it to show how powerful she was since she couldn't do it.

[quote]What if Cordelia ends up in hell, and her hell is an eternal halloween night after the apocalypse coming back to save the world and having to face up to the poor choices she made that brought about the apocalypse?

Based upon the rules of the show:

Bad witches: Go to hell.

Good witches: Go to a cold, dark place that isn't hell but isn't heaven either. *

Good Humans: Usually go to Heaven, sometimes even if they are bad, like Donovan (but you can argue that wasn't his fault since had to drink blood to live.)

Bad Humans: Go to hell.

* Nan went to Heaven but Papa Legba personally escorted her.

by Anonymousreply 561October 11, 2018 11:03 AM

Dear Christ, the African American character is one of the worst actors ever to stink up the screen. Ariel sucks too. That Stevie Nicks cameo was spectacularly senseless. AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 562October 11, 2018 11:12 AM

[quote] I guess that is why Murphy loves his celebrity cameos, people like you still get impressed each time. I would have rather have more actual plot.

Nick's wasn't just some random cameo in "Coven". Nicks has been called a witch for decades. It's was pretty cool she actually agreed to do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563October 11, 2018 11:49 AM

Well, since Episode 1 was titled "The End", I think we can fairly assume that a lot of the entire season would be told in flashback, no? I mean, where can a series possibly go after the Apocalypse? It'll be "The Walking Dead 2.0".

Also, since witches can't journey to Hell and return, wouldn't Michael have given a hint as to his real identity by going to Hell to retrieve both Queenie and Madison? Michael going back to get Misty only proves that he's a demon since the only other entity capable of that backing-and-forthing between this dimension and the other was Papa Legba and he ain't no saint.

by Anonymousreply 564October 11, 2018 12:54 PM

Coven is probably the most iconic and beloved of all the seasons. Best ratings, Lead Emmy for Ms. Lange, the AHS debut of Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates, Patti LuPone killing it. This season is not living up to it.

Part of the problem is that dreadful Sarah Paulson creature. She it's like watching a 10 year old play dress up. She has a habit of taking me out of the show.

At least Lange is back next week.

by Anonymousreply 565October 11, 2018 2:22 PM

Why does Chayanne Jackson keep coming back to AHS if he knows he's going to be killed off? I'd think he'd want to be a play character who does not get killed and makes it to the end.

by Anonymousreply 566October 11, 2018 2:31 PM

Billy Porter is not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 567October 11, 2018 2:40 PM

Billy Porter can't act for shit and his voice is annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 568October 11, 2018 2:45 PM

Porter was great in POSE, he does seem a little vaudevillian here. He's a great theatrical performer/singer -- have seen him many times on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 569October 11, 2018 3:25 PM

If she only filmed for 3 days that is not a lot r554. If you've never been on a set before it takes a long time just to film one simple scene, a lot of moving parts.

by Anonymousreply 570October 11, 2018 4:17 PM

And I agree that I liked Billy Porter a lot in Pose, but he doesn't work quite as well here. I think he is going too big.

by Anonymousreply 571October 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Are you really asking why Cheyenne would come back r566? He is happy to do whatever Murphy wants, this is by far the biggest thing going in his career.

by Anonymousreply 572October 11, 2018 4:21 PM

Except for BD Wong and maybe Cheyenne Jackson (though his performances always seem too intense because of his weird eyes), none of the warlocks is very impressive as an actor.

I liked Cody Fern quite a bit in "Versace" (although he was very much miscast), and he looks very pretty with the blonde hair now that it's not as long in the first few episodes; but he's not been very impressive as the AntiChrist.

by Anonymousreply 573October 11, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote] Coven is probably the most iconic and beloved of all the seasons.

Fans of AHS hated it across the board. They called it the worst season for years. They hated the camp. Asylum is the beloved and iconic season to this day.

by Anonymousreply 574October 11, 2018 4:28 PM

R574 Right, that's why they based a crossover season on Asylum, which I will admit is solid mostly because the exemplary work of Lange and Rabe. Quinton and Paulson were fun, too. Mostly Asylum is remembered for Lange's rendition of The Name Game.

Coven was the series at it's P eek, using it's best elements - THE WOMAN - to full capacity and telling us a bewitching tale that could be as horrific as it was campy, magical fun.

Each witch in Coven was special and amazingly fleshed out. All in all, Coven also produced the most iconic AHS characters to date.

Fiona Goode

Myrtle Snow

Marie Laveau

Madame Delphine La Laurie

Madison Montgomery

The secret to the success of Coven, aside from the women, is that it took it's world seriously. Even amidst the campier segments, Coven was earnest and passionate, and really had something to say about women (and gay men) aging, power and bigotry. It was fun, poignant and batshit crazy.

Murder House, I would say comes next, hence why they chose to do a crossover season between the two. Everything was still new and Constance Langdon WAS EVERYTHING.

I would place Asylum fourth behind Freak Show which is actually surprisingly good. Lange's collection of songs does the trick in tipping this season over into pop icon status.

To be fair, Asylum is probably equal to Freak Show. Both are cathartic - emotionally draining in a wonderfully satisfying way.

by Anonymousreply 575October 11, 2018 4:53 PM

I agree with your list / sentiments r575. What’s always interesting is when you poll the fan base, it’ll be all over the map in terms of which seasons they rank above others. The ratings put coven and freak show on top though.

by Anonymousreply 576October 11, 2018 5:10 PM

Love American Horror Story, but wish someone else (Bryan Fuller?) would come up with something similar like Coven but with (hot) guys like The Covemant. The Warlock school set up in this season of AHS Apocalypse looks too much like Harry Potter.

by Anonymousreply 577October 11, 2018 5:25 PM

Bill Porter is a very charismatic performer and does a great job in Pose but he is not being utilized very well...so far. I actually like Cody Fern and find him a stronger actor than a lot of the fan favorite witches (Farmiga, Roberts, Sidibe) they brought back. He can hold his own with Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson but the story line doesn't give him a lot to work with despite giving him so many scenes. The script just isn't tight enough or interesting enough. They're jumping all over the place and it has a paint-by-numbers depth. On the surface, it's fairly entertaining but it's missing a compelling emotional core and feels contrived. Cheyenne keeps coming back to be killed off for the same reason as Emma Roberts - his career isn't exactly on fire and this keeps him somewhat relevant.

by Anonymousreply 578October 11, 2018 5:40 PM

I actually don't care much about pop icon anything for this series; I want it to be scary. So the best seasons for me were "Murder House" and "Asylum."

"Coven" just wasn't scary.

by Anonymousreply 579October 11, 2018 5:43 PM

I know it has horror in the name but at this point I dont care if its actually scary or not.

by Anonymousreply 580October 11, 2018 5:59 PM

I'm in gay heaven! Conroy & Collins on the set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581October 11, 2018 7:17 PM

R575, Coven was hated. It’s a fact. I loved it. Fans hate it. Go back to AHS boards a year ago and prior and read anything having to do with Coven. You’ll be mocked to death. Asylum is considered the gold standard to this day.

by Anonymousreply 582October 11, 2018 7:25 PM

I feel that Murder House was the gold standard. Ticked all the boxes including horror AND camp. Asylum was indeed excellent though. A tremendously strong second.

by Anonymousreply 583October 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Coven was a disjointed campy mess with storylines that went nowhere. Lupone killing it, R565?? . You're probably right-but not in the way you mean. That storyline only existed to give Nan something to do. That being said, some of the characters were the most memorable but, since Marie Lavaue and Mdme. LaLaurie were actual people can we really call them characters?

by Anonymousreply 584October 11, 2018 7:30 PM

To me the best and the most scary will always be: Murder House, Asylum and Roanoke. The rest was very boring and a chore for me to get through mostly.

by Anonymousreply 585October 11, 2018 7:46 PM

I noticed they have used some form of the word fuck in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 586October 11, 2018 8:00 PM

I've only really liked the first two seasons and I guess I didn't dislike Cult, but I've already forgotten most of it. I don't know why I keep coming back to this show, it's almost always guaranteed to disappoint me.

by Anonymousreply 587October 11, 2018 8:07 PM

The Coven hate is so transparent and ironic, considering this season his half based on it.

Also, even Kathy Bates disliked Asylum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 11, 2018 8:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 11, 2018 8:21 PM

R588 Coven is for emotional cripples. Bates was not even in Asylum, moron

by Anonymousreply 590October 11, 2018 8:23 PM

R582, Coven was hated. It’s a fact. I loved it. Fans hate it.

Coven was the [bold]highest rated season[/bold] out of all of them. Fans on reddit usually like it, hate it or put it in the middle. Critics and the general public loved it.

Coven seemed "necessary" after the darkness of Asylum. Even I had to stop watching the show halfway through S2 because it was bleak.

R564, Also, since witches can't journey to Hell and return, wouldn't Michael have given a hint as to his real identity by going to Hell to retrieve both Queenie and Madison?

Witches can journey to hell and return. That's the whole point of the Descensum test. Queenie went to hell and back twice during Coven. However, if you do it with Descensum and you don't come back in time or get caught in your own personal hell you get stuck for good and your body turns to dust. Other witches can't reverse the Descensum spell if you get caught up in it.

Michael tipped his hat by not only going to another person's hell (Misty) but he brought them back and restored their body.

If you die naturally like Madison did and end up in hell, you can be brought back if another witch finds the body and it's not too broken up with Vitalum Vitalis or you can still bring yourself back with Resurgence.

Queenie wasn't in hell when she died, she was trapped in the Hotel Cortez. She wasn't living out her worst nightmare repeatedly. The building just doesn't let souls out.

This all sounds so ridiculous as I type it. LOL

by Anonymousreply 591October 11, 2018 8:29 PM

R590 You little slit of a shill, no one said Bates was in Asylum. She said she didn't like Asylum, just like she's liked many things she hasn't been in.

Asylum's "heroine" shoots her son in the head and had famewhore issues. How heroic.

Coven's dark heroine concedes to her daughter of her own volition, seeking forgiveness and redemption in the process.

by Anonymousreply 592October 11, 2018 8:30 PM

[quote] I know it has horror in the name but at this point I dont care if its actually scary or not.

I think you're alone in that.

by Anonymousreply 593October 11, 2018 8:31 PM

R593 And I'm just fine with that!

by Anonymousreply 594October 11, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote]This all sounds so ridiculous as I type it. LOL

Actually there is a certain logic to it all.

Queenie was dead but a ghost trapped in the vortex of the Cortez unable to pass to the netherworld whether it being heaven or hell. Madison was dead and in her hell.

During last night's episode I kept thinking if Cordelia does die after losing her Supreme status, then can Misty use Resurgence and bring her back as a regular witch? Also if she loses her Supremeness, it'd be cool if she were blind again. Resurgence is quite different from Vitalum Vitalis.

I can't hardly wait for next week's episode and I haven't felt this way since Asylum.

My only complaint is that it looks like Murphy is headed towards Mallory being the next Supreme. I guess he has to gain further favor with Bryan Lourde by making his daughter Boss Witch.

by Anonymousreply 595October 11, 2018 9:14 PM

In the flashback episodes, was Cordelia really ill? That was part of her "reason" for letting Michael do the test, but Michael is no Supreme.... so I'm thinking either Mallory is the Supreme that was making her ill (and why she had the skin rash) or perhaps she was faking altogether?

I started Part 3 at the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596October 11, 2018 9:27 PM

R596, I keep thinking Mallory might be something else entirely if she's powerful enough to frighten Michael.plus whatever magic she did on that deer was different than what other witches do.

I have a feeling that Coco's power to "detect things that are dangerous" is going to come in handy in an unexpected way. They downplayed it as a joke but there might be something legit there.

by Anonymousreply 597October 11, 2018 9:52 PM

I agree with r597, I think Mallory is the next Christ, to counter Michael’s Antichrist.

by Anonymousreply 598October 11, 2018 10:01 PM

When was Ryan Murphy anything but camp?

by Anonymousreply 599October 11, 2018 10:03 PM

I love Coven. Asylum was too torture porn for me.

Is it just me or is the devil creature (after Adina Porter's name credit) getting fisted by the human underneath in the opening credits?

by Anonymousreply 600October 11, 2018 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!