Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55)

Continued Discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603October 16, 2018 6:16 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 6, 2018 7:36 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

by Anonymousreply 2October 6, 2018 7:37 AM

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

ThWhen will it Be Mushroom Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/21/18) e Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

Judicial Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 55) (10/06/18)

by Anonymousreply 3October 6, 2018 7:37 AM

Some Mueller news carried over from the last thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 6, 2018 7:56 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 5October 6, 2018 9:09 AM

Oh, great, r4. Now when federal employees travel to NYC, they can stay at the Trump apartment instead of wasting money on hotels.

by Anonymousreply 6October 6, 2018 9:31 AM

When the Dems have the Presidency and hold majorities in the House and Senate in 2020 and if RBG opts to retire, we need to nominate Obama for her seat. Not because he the most "qualified," but because his mere presence will cause the Repugs heads to explode. We will confirm him in a single month (or less) after providing a 100,000 page document dump the night before the confirmation hearing. We will throw out any regard to precedent and set aside rules. We will have him prepare a highly barbed statement right in their faces.

In short, we will enjoy ramming Barack Obama down their collective throats! I believe the Obamas will love his lifetime appointment and they get to keep their house in DC. I can see his eloquent and poetic decisions being written out, unlike the stunted drunk bullying frat boy with wretched handwriting scrawls describing his dissenting opinion.

by Anonymousreply 7October 6, 2018 11:18 AM

I love that idea...but he wouldn't go for it. I wish he could be a Senator, again.

by Anonymousreply 8October 6, 2018 11:27 AM

Why don't Supreme Court Justices ever die young? Is it because they have the perfect job?

by Anonymousreply 9October 6, 2018 11:30 AM

Why would Obama not want to be a Supreme?

by Anonymousreply 10October 6, 2018 12:13 PM

r7, You really want to see Deplorable heads explode?

Have the Democratic president nominate HILLARY or MICHELLE.

That would be their worst nightmare...[html removed]

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2018 12:35 PM

I'm so disgusted by Collins. The media is portraying her as a hero and that she made the most reasoned argument for voting for Kav. Ugh. I hate the NY Times. Right next to it is an article justifying Trump having reason to brag! The best week of his presidency

by Anonymousreply 12October 6, 2018 12:48 PM

Stop reading the NYT. This is the same NYT that tried to get Rosenstein fired a few weeks back. They are only doing the bidding of their corporate masters and their conservative agenda.

Fuck the NYT.

by Anonymousreply 13October 6, 2018 1:04 PM

Chris Hayes, re: the Republicans' lionizing of Kavanaugh as a "good, decent man":

Something I think about a lot is that the longest serving Republican speaker in American history turned out to be a child molester. And basically everyone who worked with him thought he was a great guy.

by Anonymousreply 14October 6, 2018 1:18 PM

An exasperated President Trump picked up the phone to call the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, last Sunday. Tell the F.B.I. they can investigate anything, he told Mr. McGahn, because we need the critics to stop.

Not so fast, Mr. McGahn said.

Mr. McGahn, according to people familiar with the conversation, told the president that even though the White House was facing a storm of condemnation for limiting the F.B.I. background check into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, a wide-ranging inquiry like some Democrats were demanding — and Mr. Trump was suggesting — would be potentially disastrous for Judge Kavanaugh’s chances of confirmation to the Supreme Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 6, 2018 1:19 PM

And McGahn is leaving so he gives zero fucks how all this looks.

Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 16October 6, 2018 1:32 PM

So r15, they KNEW that a REAL investigation into the allegations against Kavanaugh would uncover things that would put his nomination in jeopardy, so they were determined to keep the FBI investigation as limited as possible.

What a bunch of cretins. And most (but not all) of the population fell for it.

To hell with all of them.

by Anonymousreply 17October 6, 2018 1:34 PM

R14, no one seems to remember Dennis Hastert. All I ever hear about is how evil Nancy is; at least she wears gorgeous pearls, and has kept her hands to herself.

by Anonymousreply 18October 6, 2018 1:36 PM

I am wishing pancreatic cancer for Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 19October 6, 2018 1:43 PM

Look at it this way, at least Rosenstein is still in his job. Trump got out distractioned for once.

by Anonymousreply 20October 6, 2018 2:26 PM

Best week of Trump’s presidency. So it’s all downhill from here?

by Anonymousreply 21October 6, 2018 4:07 PM

don't tarnish your own soul by wishing ill on anyone. it will come soon enough for them.

by Anonymousreply 22October 6, 2018 4:09 PM

I keep thinking everything is about to go hell because Trump is such an idiot, and yet.... when is it going to happen? When does he start losing big time? How does he keep skating along, getting his way, without obvious consequences? I’m past tired of his winning.

by Anonymousreply 23October 6, 2018 4:10 PM

r23 I am having the same problem. I know this is going to end soon and things will change drastically but each day things look better and better for him. Even the election is now going to be difficult. How can a man have so much damned luck that things just fall into place for him. But I will not give into it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 6, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]...because we need the critics to stop.

Good luck with that, Trumpy. After BK is confirmed you'll look back on 'the critics' before that wistfully. Like the moronic inferno of your base, but with sanity, 'the critics' will be exponentially energised.

It's useful to know though that as 'President' you can't take 'the critics', and think you can get them to stop. They've barely even started.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2018 4:52 PM

In any other year, with any other "President", NYT's expose of his lifetime tax evasion and mass corruption would be getting 24hr wall-to-wall coverage. Instead, it registered barely a blip while the wall-to-wall continued with Kavanaugh. Un-fucking-believable!!

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2018 5:13 PM

I don’t get why nobody seems to care about the corruption and tax evasion story. He obtained his fortune illegitimately and squandered a lot of itand now somehow he is POTUS. Talk about the world’s greatest showman! What a colossal scam.

by Anonymousreply 27October 6, 2018 5:24 PM

[quote]NYT's expose of his lifetime tax evasion and mass corruption would be getting 24hr wall-to-wall coverage. Instead, it registered barely a blip

It'll hardly be forgotten. It's not like a big movie with a bad opening weekend, doomed to fail. It's more citable deep research to use and bring up against the criminal - along with so much else - when the time is right. (Which is admittedly, always.) It's not as though Mueller will regard such research as beyond his terms of reference.

by Anonymousreply 28October 6, 2018 5:26 PM

[quo te]I don’t get why nobody seems to care about the corruption and tax evasion story.

Because it's huge and complex and hard to understand. It needs a spokesperson framing the Republican way: simple for stupid. You started to do that with 'he obtained his fortune illegitimately.' That's the idea that needs to be pounded in. Fuck the detail.

The Democrats need to start deploying talking heads that talk in the same style as Republicans: simple for stupid. There's no discipline in Dem talking heads... they've all got to beat their own drums. Watch CNN. The Repugs have their talking points down. The Dems just talk about whatever is bugging them from whatever perspective.

by Anonymousreply 29October 6, 2018 5:30 PM

^^ Good point!

by Anonymousreply 30October 6, 2018 5:32 PM

The tax evasion story would have been huger if it had broke after this mess with the nomination was completed and died down

by Anonymousreply 31October 6, 2018 6:18 PM

So of the GOP keeps the Senate, does that mean Mueller's report can be suppressed or at least heavily redacted? Or could a Dem-controlled House make sure that doesn't happen?

by Anonymousreply 32October 6, 2018 6:35 PM

Eric Swalwell: Devin Nunes buried evidence on Russian meddling to protect Trump. I know because I’m on the committee.

Just last week, hours before the Republican-led House recessed for six weeks, Nunes broke out his shovel yet again to bury even deeper the evidence of Russian interference, once again demonstrating there’s no distance he won’t go to protect this president.

House Intelligence Committee Democrats asked to immediately send the committee's interview transcripts to Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who hasn’t been allowed to see them under Nunes’ rules. There’s good reason to believe many witnesses committed perjury or offered information relevant to the special counsel’s work. But Nunes opposed it, and it was voted down.

Though incomplete due to Republican obstruction, our investigation did reveal worrisome contacts between the Russians and candidate Trump, his family, his businesses, and his campaign. Yet every time we sought to learn more, we were blocked. We sought to test witnesses’ accounts by subpoenaing third-party records such as cell phone, bank and travel records. Republicans refused to allow it.

To arrange the infamous June 9, 2016 Trump Tower meeting, Donald Trump Jr. called his Russian contact, then called a blocked number, and then called his Russian contact back. We had evidence from other witnesses that Donald Trump used a blocked number. Republicans refused to pursue whether it was the same number.

More at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 6, 2018 7:03 PM

R32 I doubt it. The Dem House would have its own authority to investigate any shenanigans at the Justice Department overseeing the Mueller investigation, and the GOP Senate would have to coordinate with the Justice Department to do any sort of cover up for Trump. Trump needs every parts of the government to be in his/GOP control to be safe for the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 34October 6, 2018 7:09 PM

Pres Tre45on is not some evil genius. Conservatives have been slowly poisoning the well against the media, our institutions and other things with their relentless propaganda and highly skilled talking points for decades. Every single Repug talks the same way, uses the same language, speaks the same message. They are lemmings. None of them can think for themselves.

Democrats and Liberals are not this way. We are far more independent thinkers. That is our weakness in a way. We can never behave like Repugs. Not even Manchin.

Dump isn't winning. Mueller has the goods on this sack of shit and the Repugs.

This is a dark day every bit as much as Nov 9, 2016. We just installed a true sociopath to the SC. Elections have consequences. Please remember this next time you think you are choosing between the lesser of two evils or "equally" bad choices. One side is truly evil and that was revealed in spades this week.

by Anonymousreply 35October 6, 2018 8:47 PM

R33 why doesn't some brave patriotic pissed off Democrat leak all of this information to Mueller. verbally let him know what's up. meet in a dark parking garage-whatever. chop chop Eric.

by Anonymousreply 36October 6, 2018 8:49 PM

How is everyone coping with today? I feel so hopeless and depressed and, honestly, incredibly sickened by the sheer depravity of this Kavanaugh situation. I live in D.C. and it’s very overcast and glum out today for which I’m very thankful. I have been sitting on the couch eating comfort food and watching bad TV. Just trying to stay away from any coverage of this. I’m having a very strong presentiment.

A friend of mine called last night and revealed to me that he had been raped while traveling abroad some years ago. He said that the one thing he couldn’t forget was how the man drove him back to his hostel afterward and was almost too nice on the way back sort of like, if he was nice it would make up for what had just happened. He told me that the last couple of weeks, he had started to realize that the trauma of the assault has had a lasting impact on him, his inability to be in a relationship or trust people (he was adopted from an orphanage at age two and already carries some baggage about that, but I think this has compounded it for him). I told him that I loved him and we managed to move onto other topics. I feel so awful for him and for all survivors of sexual violence today. I can’t imagine how awful today is for them.

by Anonymousreply 37October 6, 2018 9:01 PM

R37, I’m just even angrier now than I was before, and I donated quite a bit of money today to various democratic candidates. We need to fight.

by Anonymousreply 38October 6, 2018 9:06 PM

We can't depend on Mueller or anyone up at the top, as valuable as his work is and is going to be. The strength needs to come from below and in numbers.

by Anonymousreply 39October 6, 2018 9:21 PM

I have a deplorable cousin who was diagnosed with a brain tumor. So there's that. I told his mother I felt so bad for them and wished him God speed. I meant it, but I also thought:"What goes around comes around." This guy is a pig. He is a vile, racist homophobic shit heel.

by Anonymousreply 40October 6, 2018 9:42 PM

Also wanted to add that they fired him from his job because he was always picking fights with other workers.

by Anonymousreply 41October 6, 2018 9:43 PM

Dems should go by this motto: Help yourself so that others can help you.

Meaning, the Dems should first and foremost learn to vote in elections. Then ask for Mueller and whoever to do their job.

by Anonymousreply 42October 6, 2018 9:47 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but it's a good read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 6, 2018 11:23 PM

The fucking coup d'etat HAS happened...I feel so fucking angry! We are fucked for YEARS TO COME with this shitheel on the SCOTUS. We need to take it into the streets. and to protest at every opportunity, or democracy in the United States is dead.

by Anonymousreply 44October 6, 2018 11:30 PM

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 6, 2018 11:42 PM

My highly apolitical wife just said “fuckin Susan Collins, man. She’s such a piece of shit.”

by Anonymousreply 46October 7, 2018 12:31 AM

I just got this message in my email:

[quote]Just a few hours ago, Senate Republicans voted to CONFIRM Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.

[quote]But as Kavanaugh himself told Senate Democrats at last week's hearing, "what goes around comes around" – and it's coming around for Trump and the Republicans sooner than anyone imagined.

[quote]Something incredible is happening right now - from the moment the Senate vote finished, donations started POURING IN to support Democratic state legislators and knock Trump's allies from power all over the country. Just LOOK how fast they're coming in!

by Anonymousreply 47October 7, 2018 1:15 AM

Good r47, but it will all mean nothing if we don't come out and VOTE on Nov 6th too.

by Anonymousreply 48October 7, 2018 1:17 AM

Preach r39. I am a huge Mueller fan and supporter, but Mueller’s success is totally separate from the success of the People. The American People created much of this, ergo only the People can make the needed correction.

Kavanaugh’s life as he knew it is closed — his existence from now until the grave will be tormented. I don’t believe he’ll die early from his drinking, many Mick’s have astounding tolerance for alcohol over many many decades. And ironically, I actually wish him a very long life, as I believe it will be one of public torment, ostracization, and revulsion. That is quite satisfying to me. Let him use mental gymnastics to rationalize why he is so hated, the energy of coping will be painful and draining to Bart.

Right now many women are rage-filled, and even some men. My hope is that we continue to deliver a message to men that allows them to see that our loss is everyone’s loss. I support Dr. Ford. Having said that, at this time I believe our strategy on O’Kav must be focused strictly on his lies and perjury, as these are indeed provable. We can’t prove Dr. Ford’s and the other women’s claims, but it is easy peasy to point out his numerous acts of perjury, dishonesty, and partisanship, so talk about on those. They cannot be denied.

I just signed up to do a text program on Monday to help register voters. Remember, right now it’s about: vote, donate, volunteer. We each must do all three. We are more vulnerable now that Rethugs are awake again, there’s not a single day to waste before this election.

by Anonymousreply 49October 7, 2018 1:18 AM

So do we think Trump fires Rosenstein this week now that the Kav confirmation process is over? Or does he wait until after the elections?

by Anonymousreply 50October 7, 2018 1:18 AM

Anything is possible r50. I just don’t know. He may be emboldened and do it, or he may relish in this victory so much that he doesn’t want to give it up quite yet, the attention I mean.

by Anonymousreply 51October 7, 2018 1:20 AM

Well, it is too early for Kavanaugh to be the October Surprise...

by Anonymousreply 52October 7, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote]Good [R47], but it will all mean nothing if we don't come out and VOTE on Nov 6th too.

I'm really starting to worry about the counting of those votes. There is so much we are not being told about the shenanigans and crimes that went on with the voting in 2016 and nothing has been done.

by Anonymousreply 53October 7, 2018 1:27 AM

I signed up to be an election judge, but I landed a new job so I had to pull out.

by Anonymousreply 54October 7, 2018 1:34 AM

Is Mark Judge still in Bethany Beach with all his possessions in his car?

by Anonymousreply 55October 7, 2018 1:48 AM

I'm concerned about ballot security, suppression and fraud. Definitely. But we have to turn out. Massively. Keep this in mind. I've said it before, but it's worth repeating: Hillary had a perfect storm of shit falling on her. She had a hostile media, she had Comey, she had the Russians, and she had some crooked nasty people running elections in various key states. In spite of all of that and then some, she won the popular vote. Why is that important for the Midterms? Because there is no Electoral College to block us this time. We can overcome a lot with massive turn out.

The other thing worth repeating is for everyone to remember 2010. In 2010, eight short years ago, the Democratic Party was in control of both houses of Congress. But we failed to show up to vote, and we gave them away. That is when this shitslide started. What we are seeing today, is directly related to what happened eight years ago. So SHOW UP. And remember to vote locally. Vote for Democrats up and down the ballot. Governors, Secretaries of State, Attorneys General, judges for the courts, state legislature, everything. Do your research.

Go the the website of your local Democratic Party organizations and find out who has been endorsed. Make sure your registered. Find out the polling place, the times, the required ID. Find out what the rules are and follow them. And when this election is over, we have a lot of fucking work to do. We need to find out what needs to change in every state to make things free and fair. We cannot sit on our asses anymore. We have to be engaged.

by Anonymousreply 56October 7, 2018 2:09 AM

We need to learn from the Republicans. THey have this basic overall strategy, they have a masterplan and the have very specific goals. They have a wholea resenal of tactics, and yet they are also supple enough to tweak and adjust things when necessary. IMO sometimes I think the Dems are too vague. Yeah, we have a platform. We want good things and we cannot understand why most people don't want all those same good things. We get frustrated by the "low information voter" who goes against their own interests. But we don't think strategically, and we don't have that insistent determined attitude that says we will get what we want and we will not stop until we do. It's as if we don't really plot and scheme and figure out how to get from point A to point B. The Republicans seem to be playing Chess while we play checkers. They anticipate our moves and figure out ways to make our stuff work in their favor. We have to do a much better job of plotting out our our war plans and implementing them.

by Anonymousreply 57October 7, 2018 2:14 AM

I'm going to post this on the other thread too, but it dawns on me that Trump who is a petty vindictive revengeful fucker stuck with Kavanaugh from several reasons. But prominent among them is the fact that Hillary, who is still very much an applause line at Trump rallies, is also very much a part of Kavanaugh's history too. Kavanaugh was obsessed with Vince Foster's death and caused a lot of pain to his family continuing to investigate long after the matter was closed by Ken Starr. The fact that Kavanaugh was part of Ken Starr's team, writing the questions for the deposition, etc. was something Trump had to love knowing about. The connections to the Clintons were what welded Trump to Kavanaugh, not his connections to the Bushes. Kavanaugh even recently was seen calling Hillary a bitch when he was watching her on TV. He's a sick, evil fuck, and his President is one too. It was their mutual hatred of the Clintons that propelled this thing through. Kvanaugh hates her almost as much as Putin.

by Anonymousreply 58October 7, 2018 2:29 AM

R58 Men who hate women (whom they don't have power over) is pretty the running theme of all male Trumpies. The women Trumpies are those who kowtow to the men even if it is against their own interests.

by Anonymousreply 59October 7, 2018 2:35 AM

R40, he might have been picking fights because of neurological changes from the tumor.

by Anonymousreply 60October 7, 2018 2:37 AM

R60 he was always that way.Always a bully, always fighting. He drank and drugged his way through high school and has barely been able to keep a job.

by Anonymousreply 61October 7, 2018 2:39 AM

I have a friend with a brain tumor. They took part of it out, but can't take the whole thing out because of where it is. So, it's just kind of a waiting game about when he'll have to go back in for surgery...rinse and repeat. The chemo and radiation wrecked his joints so in his mid-30s he had to have a hip replaced. And he has seizures all the time now. He's one of the nicest fucking I've ever known. Super laid back, witty, funny, creative, loyal, smart. Not everyone with a brain tumor is or becomes a jerk. He lives in Kentucky and their governor is probably going to take away his healthcare and disability; he'll lose his house and the opportunity to have more tumor cut out of his head when needed in order to preserve his life and the quality thereof.

by Anonymousreply 62October 7, 2018 2:57 AM

That sucks r62, but I'm curious? Who did he vote for in the presidential election in 2016?

by Anonymousreply 63October 7, 2018 3:08 AM

Clinton. He's a smart guy. He's a social progressive who inclines toward moderate democratic policy with a few independent/green/libertarian spikes, as you might expect from a bookworm pothead with advanced martial arts training. Nobody is simple.

by Anonymousreply 64October 7, 2018 3:18 AM

R62, that’s depressing as hell. I hope your friend will be OK.

by Anonymousreply 65October 7, 2018 4:30 AM

ALL states need to move to Vote By Mail.

by Anonymousreply 66October 7, 2018 4:53 AM

There's a phase from repukes I first heard after the Florida school shootings this year. We've got to "harden our schools" by arming teachers and others on campus. I'm hearing it now applied to other situations, too. Harden this, harden that. An online dictionary states the meaning, in part: 3. To make unfeeling, unsympathetic, or callous.

Americans are hardening. We hate each other. I hate scum trump and republicans. Republicans play dirty, we have to lower ourselves to get them at their own level. Just think of all the hate spewed by right-wing media over the years. You just don't hear that on center-left media outlets. There is a civil war afoot. The scum trump government has quietly seceded to the billionaires. No shots have been fired yet, I hope they never are, but I fear what the future will bring with the right wing cheating and lying out in the open and no one stopping it. Yet. Mueller and clean elections may get us back on track, but in the meantime, I'm hardening, and not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 67October 7, 2018 5:16 AM

One very good reason to fight like hell in the next four weeks to achieve a Democratic majority in the House and Senate is to help the cause as the Mueller investigation winds up. The reaction -- or lack thereof -- to the KavaNOPE allegations is precisely the reaction that the Repukes will show towards anything that is going to be in the Mueller report. It is the same reaction that has occurred this week with the NY Times revelation that tRump is a tax fraud and cheated his way to his millions -- basically, nothing. If we don't have a Democratic House and Senate -- or at least one of those -- then our downhill slide away from democracy will pick up speed very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 68October 7, 2018 10:27 AM

[quote]I have a deplorable cousin who was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

“Thoughts & Prayers.”

by Anonymousreply 69October 7, 2018 11:23 AM

As I said before, not one moral between them. It feels awful to lose everything but I knew it would happen.

by Anonymousreply 70October 7, 2018 11:28 AM

Repugs anticipate the public's reaction and launch countermeasures in advance. Just now Dump has alluded that China is going to hack the midterm election which is a month from now. They will definitely meddle in the election and tell their "low information" voters it's China's fault.

A group of women are now a "mob".

We have been living in a police state ever since the Patriot Act, which needs to be discontinued.

by Anonymousreply 71October 7, 2018 11:32 AM

Yes, it’s the Chinese, the CHINESE I tell you!

Beware the Yellow Peril.

by Anonymousreply 72October 7, 2018 11:52 AM

So. The Senate has been so busy with Kavanaugh, they didn't have time to pass the Elections Security Act of 2018.

by Anonymousreply 73October 7, 2018 12:15 PM

The Orange Slime just continues to sink lower and lower.

Last time at yet another rally he made fun of Elizabeth Warren once again for claiming Native American heritage. I would never watch that shit live, but I saw a clip on the news this morning where he mocked her and then said, "I have high cheek bones too, do you think maybe I'm an Indian too?" His crowd just ate it up and went wild.

This man is a POS racist through and through and he must be stopped at all cost.

by Anonymousreply 74October 7, 2018 12:20 PM

He passed that bar a long time ago R74 he is America's Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 75October 7, 2018 12:25 PM

He's a carnival barker putting on a show while McConnell, Ryan, and his White House Staff and cabinet do us all great harm, and a lot of it is happening under the radar because TrumpNews sucks all the oxygen out of the news coverage. Start checking out special advocacy groups. If you care about the environment, or education, or the impact of the tariffs on the economy, start checking in on groups who are expert in that stuff and you'll see the harm.

by Anonymousreply 76October 7, 2018 12:26 PM

Center for Budget and Policy Priorities is a good place to start. They deserve our support too. They're solid, not crazy.

by Anonymousreply 77October 7, 2018 12:27 PM

I meant to say "last night" not "last time" in my post above.

Although "last time" kinda works too....maybe?

by Anonymousreply 78October 7, 2018 12:27 PM

Yes, he's found that schoolyard mockery is the new Deplorable g-spot, so will keep on pressing, because it makes him feel so strong and popular.

It's humanly degrading to listen to - can't bring myself to watch - and given the copious grotesquerie to choose from, perhaps the most sinister low yet.

May the mockery back be vicious and ceaseless. He deserves no less.

by Anonymousreply 79October 7, 2018 12:31 PM

I'm sick of the media covering his latest outrages and giving them more weight than they deserve. Yes he is outrageous ad offensive and dangerous. But sometimes I feel like the media is stoking it, hyping it, and that is irresponsible IMO. I'm not saying pretend he didn't, but there has to be a way to cover it without fueling it.

by Anonymousreply 80October 7, 2018 12:58 PM

Will add that the MAGAs and haters are emboldened by crowds of like minded people. Trump is stoking up hatred and division. His mockery is dangerous. There are times I Feel very uncomfortable when I'm in certain areas, moreso than I used to. Much more.

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2018 1:00 PM

Repugs always refer to to their base, the 33% of voters that will vote Trump even if he shot someone on Fifth Ave. Who are they? They're racist, homophobic, misogynist, mostly white, incels. They are full of anger and rage that their privilege was stolen by the other.

by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2018 1:29 PM

Jeff Bridges was on Maher Friday. he's a sweet guy. Bill called him an old Hippie. But he is absolutely committed to environmental causes especially our oceans, and he has been working on the issue of hunger for more than 30 yrs. He said that while people are all focused on what's going on in Washington, and yeah, they should be, that we also should be focused locally on issues we care about. And we often ignore other ways to get support for an issue if all we do is confront and argue with the opposition. He said the change people's minds and bring them along, you had to undermine them in different ways. Especially in selling them on options that make sense. There is merit in that point of view. Unfortunately he assumes these people are open to reason and so many of them are not. But I do think with the more moderate and the Indies we can certainly make some headway. There are a lot of ways to fight. They don't always have to be the strident, take no prisoners style. Sometimes undermining the opposition is easier. We get short term satisfaction from yelling and from confrontation, but maybe we need to just get busy organizing, informing ourselves and getting the vote out. I just know the more you antagonize people the harder it is for them to admit they are wrong and for them to do the right thing. We have to give them a way out.

by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2018 1:52 PM

Why do we NEVER hear about Trumps siblings ?.....We occasionally hear a reference to his sister the judge.....and his older brother died in the early 80s, but he has another brother and another sister still living.

by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2018 3:30 PM

They probably have changed their names and have gone into hiding.

by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2018 3:41 PM

r84, because they are all complicit with Donnie's tax frauds.

They are currently shitting bricks.

by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2018 6:27 PM

To her credit, Joy Reid talked about Trump's tax shenanigans on her show today, so it hasn't been completely forgotten by everybody in media.

by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2018 6:29 PM

we all need to disengage sometimes. Don't let yourself get so worked up it causes issues.

Turn the fucking news OFF for a few days. Just do it. Watch something else. Go for a walk or better yet, take your dog for a walk - they love that!

Volunteer for a local campaign or for postcards to voters. But don't set around stewing like some fat, toothless deplorable glued to Fux and limpdick. You're smarter than that.

Right now self care should be everyone's top priority. You can't do any body any good if you're having a nervous break down, FFS.

Yes, it's bad. Yes, it's a coup. Yes, we hate the scum and will fight. But there are plenty of us. More of us than them. Take a break. When you return, we will still be here, fighting the good fight.

And when you return, you make it possible for someone else to take a break. This is a long, hard, intense road and shit isn't going to magically change in a month or two. It won't so prepare your self for a long and bloody fight.

Winning the House is just step one.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2018 7:22 PM

W/W, r88.

by Anonymousreply 89October 7, 2018 7:24 PM

We knew the backlash was coming.....so no whining now because it's so powerful. These people are smart and rich and powerful and with no fucks to give. You beat them by holding to the line of the righteous law, which we thankfully have, and never wavering. I stand with R88 and know this is the ONLY way we will win.

Hang tough, boys and girls. We've got the history in proving it works. I'm tired but not in the least bit complacent. In fact, I'm even more resolved to hang in there and beat these bastards.

First order of business: Hit them where it hurts and stop buying from them. Find out the political persuasion of your favorite retailers and let them know you're boycotting their shit. NYT is learning this lesson right now and don't you believe otherwise. Second: Vote, vote early, vote often and make sure your neighbors get help voting if they need it. Another? Go solar, go electric cars, etc. and pay the tariff prices on goods that are worth it.

I'm sure we can think of other ways. One small way I've done this is by refusing to buy my books from dealers in the South. They have sort of a monopoly. I've also been boycotting LLBean for some time, but made sure they knew it by cancelling my annual winter order. Linda fucking Bean supports Collins and others like her. Make them pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 90October 7, 2018 7:55 PM

Tom Nichols: The Kavanaugh confirmation fight revealed the GOP to be the party of situational ethics and moral relativism in the name of winning at all costs. I am out of the Republican Party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 7, 2018 8:08 PM

I appreciate what Tom Nichols is doing with that essay, but c'mon... THIS is the moment where they started adopting situational ethics?

by Anonymousreply 92October 7, 2018 8:56 PM

R92 Exactly, how many of Bill Clintion biggest male GOP critics turned out to be liars, cheaters and abusers? 90% of them?

by Anonymousreply 93October 7, 2018 8:59 PM

R93 Brett is just the latest one. If it took Nichols this long to figure it out, he's even dumb as a rock or he's being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2018 9:04 PM

At least he figured it out...may this portend a tidal wave of reason amongst the unreasonable....ahhhhh, men

by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2018 9:05 PM

From now on, if I run into someone who says they are a sexual assault survivor and they supported Brett, I will laugh and walk away.

Deplorables, I hope your daughters don't get assaulted. Even if they do, I doubt you'd care. As long as Uncle Dump is "winning", right?

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2018 9:48 PM

R96 Deplorables take amorality to new heights. That's "winning" to them.

by Anonymousreply 97October 7, 2018 9:50 PM

R96, there is no sexual assault in the land of family values. Figure that one out for yourself or avoid Montana entirely.

by Anonymousreply 98October 7, 2018 9:52 PM

Conservatism has always had huge cult-ish qualities. They are very high on platitudes such as what Nichols just shared. It is kinda sad some of them are finally realizing the true conservatives never really believed in the rule of law, or supported the military. Those were slogans and platitudes that served to lure people into the party. They all sound great but mean nothing. Nichols and his ilk are now finding this out the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 99October 7, 2018 10:04 PM

Didn't Hitler eat his own before he turned to killing Jews and gypsies?

Nichols, you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 100October 7, 2018 10:11 PM

Avenatti did nothing to change what was long in motion-that is, Kavanaugh on the SC. McConnell said a week before this that BK would be confirmed -that he would plow the nomination straight through. I don't know if Swetnick was credible or not-her allegations were never even looked into and quite honestly as sleazy as BK and friend Mark Judge are-nothing would have surprised me. According to the NY Times Don McGahn told the FBI who and what they could investigate. He wanted very limited investigating because he knew more would likely come out and he wouldn't get his and the Koch brothers nominee on the court.

The Democrats fucked this up starting with Dianne Feinstein and now they want to blame Avenatti. A lot of blame to go around-just don't misplace it.

by Anonymousreply 101October 7, 2018 10:23 PM

Oh goodie, the Fienstein troll is back.

by Anonymousreply 102October 7, 2018 10:27 PM

It was always a done deal, but now it's more than obvious who the fuck the enemy is. Collins is done. The yellow dog from WV is done. There's always a silver lining....

by Anonymousreply 103October 7, 2018 10:29 PM

R101 Let's just admit the FBI is compromised. They never really seriously investigated Kavanaugh to begin with. And the post-Ford investigation was another sham to protect his GOP Senate supporters.

by Anonymousreply 104October 7, 2018 11:06 PM

He is evil to the core but Americans seem to love evil. Americans will be getting what they deserve. Unfortunately I will have to suffer with everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 105October 7, 2018 11:38 PM

We can't afford to lose a single seat. if you wanted Manchin gone you should have primaried him. Manchin occupies a Democratic seat. If we have a Democratic majority we get to chair the committees, get rid of McConnell, Grassley, etc., and decide who and what to support...and investigate. We need Manchin to win. He occupies a Democratic seat. We need the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 106October 8, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote] We can't afford to lose a single seat. if you wanted Manchin gone you should have primaried him. Manchin occupies a Democratic seat. If we have a Democratic majority we get to chair the committees, get rid of McConnell, Grassley, etc., and decide who and what to support...and investigate. We need Manchin to win. He occupies a Democratic seat. We need the numbers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This cannot be repeated often enough. Manchin was a shit for making that absurd political calculation and explaining that he would have voted no if Collins and Flake had (WTF??), but that is not the point right now. We simply can NOT lose a single seat. It is going to be an extraordinarily tough challenge to get to 51 seats as it is. We can'r throw one away.

If we wake up on Wednesday, November 7, and find that Manchin lost and we are in a 50-50 tie in the Senate we would have wasted a golden opportunity to put a halt to a lot of bad things the Repukes could make happen. Manchin (and Bredesen in Tennessee who said he would have voted for KavaNOPE) have precisely ONE vote to cast that I care about right now: who is going to the Senate Majority Leader. If their Rethug challengers win, I can assure you they will vote for the McTurtle to remain as Majority Leader.

Chuck Shumer (or whoever the Dems pick), can stop judicial appointments of bad reich-wing judges with the help of the majority on the Senate Judiciary Committee. The Majority Leader can also bottle up awful legislation so Joe Manchin will have much less of a chance to cast a DINO Rethug-lite vote for tRump.

I've seen people all over social media calling for Manchin's head. The time for that was ages ago during the primary. Four weeks before one of the most important mid-term elections ever is not the time to abandon any Democrat who could get us to 51 -- a nearly impossible task as it is.

by Anonymousreply 107October 8, 2018 12:37 AM

You know what the problem is, R107? All these newcomers, these Bernbros, these SJWs, these purists who want to throw everyone away, these idiots who make the Democrats throw Franken out of the Senate while the Repugs get Kavanaugh, etc., do not know how the government actually works. I highly doubt that the majority of them realize that by simply getting to 51, we get to chair all the committees. We get subpoena power. We get to stop the judges. We get to stop Trump. We get to kick Grassley, and Graham, and Cornyn, and Cruz, and Hatch squarely in the nuts until they die.

Half these reactionary idiots don't know what they are talking about but, hey, they also don't end up voting, so I guess it's a wash.

by Anonymousreply 108October 8, 2018 12:52 AM

It was really stupid that Al Franker left, he had done nothing wrong. He kissed a girl when he should not have, no reason to give up his position. If lowlife Donald did not have to step down, Al should not have left.

by Anonymousreply 109October 8, 2018 12:58 AM

It really is Nazi time in America...I don't know if we will come out of it or just get deeper into it. I expect nothing from Mueller, I think we are over. I hope the rest of the world will stand up for what is right.

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2018 1:10 AM

What would have made the difference in Germany before Nazism prevailed? I know people fought against Hitler but what did history determine they should have done. Whatever it was, we need to start doing it now.

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2018 1:18 AM

Speaking of boycotts...Facebook exec Joel Kaplan held a congratulations party for Brett Kavanaugh this weekend in DC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2018 1:24 AM

It's a relief to see some reason emerging on DL. Politics is a business of compromise. That's the truth of it.

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2018 1:39 AM

The fact is, the fucking Republicans out think us when it comes to strategy. We don't take it far enough, for every action there's a reaction We never go the extra step of looking at outcomes and consequences. If we want to beat them we have to out think them and anticipate their actions instead of always reacting. Flake, Grassley, Graham, they played us. We never get into their heads.We keep getting surprised when we ought to know WTF to expect from them by now.

by Anonymousreply 114October 8, 2018 1:45 AM

r113, Compromise with these Hitlerian Trumpites? NEVER!

by Anonymousreply 115October 8, 2018 1:50 AM

R114, why don't you name some specifics? I see people posting crap like you just posted that it patently untrue but they never actually point out any specifics. Do you not realize we are in the minority in a system that disallows the minority from any power? I think the Dems did pretty damn good for having zero power. Add to that the fact that the Repugs cheat and act illegally. Think about that one, please. The Repug LAWMAKERS act illegally. They are colluding with a foreign power against the nation they represent.

Let me guess, your answer it to impeach everyone, right? Talk about doing something fucking useless since there will be no way to convict in the Senate. Should we just cheat, too? That's brilliant. So, really, what more do you want the Dems to do? Give specifics or shut up.

by Anonymousreply 116October 8, 2018 2:04 AM

I like where this thread is going, the talk of strategy. It’s so complex, but that’s the way to win. I am toying with the idea of Durbin to replace Schumer, he showed moxy.

by Anonymousreply 117October 8, 2018 2:09 AM

r112 I sure hope Laura Kaplan didn't get in a room with booze-hound Brett Bart. I sure would hate to not believe her when he turns up the music and........I hope she wears a one piece.

by Anonymousreply 118October 8, 2018 3:11 AM

I could swear that once upon a time, a SC justice had to get approval from 2/3 of the Senators. Am I crazy? I mean, it is appalling that a justice can be seated in the highest court in the land when half the Senate disapproves.

by Anonymousreply 119October 8, 2018 3:12 AM

Fuck you R116. YOu don't get to tell me to shut up. I know exactly what I'm talking about and I posted about it earlier. I gave the example of the hearings. McConnell did not have the votes and if he had insisted on going forward with the voting after Dr. Ford testified he would have lost. Durbin and the other Dems thought they were calling his bluff when they kept repeatedly asking to re open the FBI investigation. Then Flake comes back in and says I agree. I think we should. And he has Collins and Manchin and WTF ever joining him. Murkowski. Suddenly Flake is agreeing with the Dems. Everyone is OMG! Bi-PArtisan. Yaaay!! A fucking kumbaya moment. Coons is ecstatic. "Let's take one week, and focus the scope of the investigation on the current charges." There were people on the fence who were appeased by that. They agreed to vote yes if the investigation was re opened and nothing was discovered. Except, the White House was calling the shots on the scope of the investigation. And it wasn't a criminal investigation into charges of wrong doing, it was a "supplemental background check." So Flake bought time, he got people to calm down and agree, and McConnnell Grassley and McGahn narrowed the scope rushed the report through, and McConnell whipped his caucus into shape, and he had the votes. Done. And the Democrats sat there feeling outraged, angry, and said this was undemocratic. It was. If they insisted on calling for a vote right after Ford testified, as McConnell wanted, They would have had a chance. But instead they were led exactly where the Republicans needed to go. They knew it was not a criminal investigation. They knew They had the advantage because of Ford's testimony and because of Kavanaugh's behavior and they let it slip away. The momentum shifted the moment that investigation was proposed and accepted. That's WTF I mean by them out thinking us.

by Anonymousreply 120October 8, 2018 3:21 AM

You are thinking of the filibuster rule, R119. It wasn't two-thirds, it was 60 votes. The Dems did away with it during Obama's administration for lower court judges (District Court and the Courts of Appeals) because the Rethugs were using it to avoid the appointment of any judges. McConnell swore revenge, and when Trump came in, the Repukes abolished it for Supreme Court Justices.

The Senate is broken, and so is American democracy. Most of the blame lies at the feet of people like Newt Gingrich and Mitch McConnell.

[quote] Compromise with these Hitlerian Trumpites? NEVER!

The "compromise" was supporting Democrat Joe Manchin for strategic reasons. Not compromising with the Trumptard Repukes.

by Anonymousreply 121October 8, 2018 3:24 AM

I'll further point out that McConnell withheld Merrit Garland's nomination, and no one on their side would even agree to meet with him. Not one single Republican would even schedule an appointment. Unified. Like a clenched fist. McConnell refused to put his name before the Judiciary committee for hearings. He totally stopped the nomination in its tracks. Is what he did illegal? No. it was unethical. It was unprecendented. It was insulting.

It broke with tradition, but he broke no laws. He may have bent a few rules, but McConnell, just like the rest of the GOP going back to Karl Rove and others, did what he did because he could get away with it. Audacity. Push the envelope. Now the Dems say they are for unity, and they put country first. But WTF is the point if you keep losing. If you believe your party is better for the country then fight. If you put Country first, then do what you need to do and stop assuming that people who consistently show you they mean you no good, that they cannot be trusted, their word is no good, and all they care about is winning, stop assuming they will suddenly cooperate. They won't. They regularly try to suggest that "if you agree to this then we'll CONSIDER that" after the fact. And they never honor their agreements. NEVER. We need to toughen up. All our good intentions are meaningless if we can't gain position to get them done.

by Anonymousreply 122October 8, 2018 3:34 AM

R120/R122, this is you:

“Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Nothing you've said is even correct. You have no facts to back up the contention that McConnell didn't have the votes the entire time. In fact, the final votes show the exact opposite. Flake and Collins were always going to vote yes. The only thing that may have changed is that Murkowski decided to vote against the fucker during that week.

And, again, what would you have the Democrats, as the minority party, do? Provide specifics or, again, shut up.

by Anonymousreply 123October 8, 2018 3:42 AM

r120/r122 makes good points, esp re pushing the envelope and using the same tactics Repubs have used against us in order to restore some sanity and stability to our government once we re-take the House next month (and with help from above, the Senate if we're lucky).

Who really knows if McTurtle had the votes or not? The point is he's a monstrously tough taskmaster who keeps his 'troop's tightly in line. The reason the Rethugs keep getting their way - even though their extremist views reflect barely 30-35% of the populus, if that imo - is because of their willingness to fight to the death for what they want, no holds barred. To defeat an enemy such as this requires equal toughness and strategic planning.

by Anonymousreply 124October 8, 2018 4:42 AM

'troop's = 'troops'

by Anonymousreply 125October 8, 2018 4:43 AM

29 days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 8, 2018 6:36 AM

Now can we get back to mueller? He and avenatti are the only bright lights for me.

by Anonymousreply 127October 8, 2018 7:00 AM

[quote] he is America's Hitler

I see him more as Amerca’s Benito Mussolini.

by Anonymousreply 128October 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Was There a Connection Between a Russian Bank and the Trump Campaign?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 8, 2018 9:54 AM

Mark my words, if the Dem voters do their part and deliver the House next month, then Pelosi/Shumer will bring up DACA first thing. They will "free" the detention camp kids. However long that takes. We will lose our momentum with the Kavanaugh rape of the SC and the Dem voters will be furious toward Pelosi/Shumer. However, neither of those two fossils will even give a damn and never voluntarily step down.

by Anonymousreply 130October 8, 2018 10:49 AM

DACA kids and the immigration thing may get the attention of the media, but they will be busy on all their committees investigating a lot of the stuff various cabinet level departments and agencies have been sweeping under the carpet. And even if the Senate remains Republicans, always remember. The House has the "power of the purse." They're the ones who can hold up the funding for a lot of programs. And they will.

by Anonymousreply 131October 8, 2018 11:58 AM

Nancy Pelosi has already declared (again) that impeachment is now off the table for Kavanaugh. Should she become Speaker again, she will not pursue it. So Kavanaugh stays as far as she's concerned.

And she's not too hot to investigate Trump's crimes either.

Good luck Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 132October 8, 2018 12:11 PM

[quote] We get to kick Grassley, and Graham, and Cornyn, and Cruz, and Hatch squarely in the nuts

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 133October 8, 2018 12:19 PM

I read that MoveOn has pulled funding for Breseden (TN-D) and Manchin due to the Kav support.

by Anonymousreply 134October 8, 2018 12:21 PM

[quote] I read that MoveOn has pulled funding for Breseden (TN-D) and Manchin due to the Kav support.

Yes, an incredibly stupid, short-sighted, emotional decision that ignores the reality of the situation and the dire straits in which we find ourselves.

[quote] Nancy Pelosi has already declared (again) that impeachment is now off the table for Kavanaugh.

No, that is a mischaracterization of her comment. She said it was not her "plan" to impeach Kavanaugh. She never said it was "off the table." Smart move on her part. She wants people in the next four weeks to be focused on health care, jobs, and the economy. But I'm quite certain that when Jerry Nadler becomes the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee he will be looking into perjury allegations against Blackout Bart O'Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 135October 8, 2018 12:52 PM

[quote]Yes, an incredibly stupid, short-sighted, emotional decision that ignores the reality of the situation and the dire straits in which we find ourselves.

One of the biggest reasons we're (Dems) constantly coming no further than close. Tennessee could be a win but it needs everything thrown at it because it is so close. Manchin probably will be a win now he's voted for Kavanaugh.

Could the filibuster be restored - for the Supreme Court level only? That seems to me like a compromise. Prevents a party fucking with the lower court nominations out of partisan bad behaviour but requires a traditional consensus on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 136October 8, 2018 12:59 PM

We need to make sure Manchin, Heitcamp, Claire McCaskill and Bredesen get in. Can't do without them. Beto O Rourke would be great, but we have no seats to spare. None. Call moveOn and protest.

by Anonymousreply 137October 8, 2018 1:29 PM

Even though his confirmation went through, I’m glad that at least now Brett Kavanaugh carries the stain of being accused as a rapist. That is not something that ever truly goes away and it wipe its stink off on his wife and children as well (for whom he obviously doesn’t care that much about since he knew these stories were out there and still plowed through to his dream job). This is not a small thing. People don’t forget and, I assure you, every woman in his physical presence, from now until he dies, will be thinking it about him.

by Anonymousreply 138October 8, 2018 1:57 PM

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 8, 2018 2:30 PM

[quote]Brett Kavanaugh carries the stain of being accused as a rapist.

You would be astounded at what those judicial robes can cover.

by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2018 2:32 PM

Plus BK will always be Trump's boy. That's another huge lifelong stain right there.

by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2018 2:56 PM

MSM, particularly cable, wants a horserace for selling ads and making bigger profits. The messaging is slanted for that.

by Anonymousreply 142October 8, 2018 3:06 PM

To be honest, should the Democrats take the majorities in the House and Senate, I’d like to see them hit the ground running with an infrastructure plan. Give Mango Mussolini a win to show they are able to work across the aisle.

Then Impeach the piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Part of the problem is that GOP voters are perfectly fine with their pols being lying hypocrites. They don’t care. Look at how many Dems wring their hands and worry about what’s right. The Dems need political capital from their voters.

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2018 3:32 PM

I haven't been able to turn on the TV or visit these threads (until today) since Saturday. I feel as sick as I did back in November 2016.

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2018 3:40 PM

Go, Beto!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 8, 2018 5:11 PM

Texas has restrictive voter ID card rules I think. Hope newly registered voters remember to bring them with them on November 6.

by Anonymousreply 147October 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Nancy Pelosi has already declared (again) that impeachment is now off the table for Kavanaugh. Should she become Speaker again, she will not pursue it. So Kavanaugh stays as far as she's concerned.

And she's not too hot to investigate Trump's crimes either.

Good luck Democrats.

=================================================================

Impeachment by the house requires 2/3 of the Senate to convict. Pelosi is simply stating she will not waste resources. Nixon resigned before he was impeached. It is all in the investigations. Present someone with so much embarrassing and incriminating evidence that they RESIGN. Much more efficient. Release Kavanaugh's other 96% of his Bush papers and we will see. Release the Judiciary Committee correspondence with the WH and we will see.

by Anonymousreply 148October 8, 2018 5:32 PM

Confirmations to the Supreme court used to also require 2/3 of the Senate's approval.

by Anonymousreply 149October 8, 2018 5:34 PM

I believe that it was a 60 vote Senate rule that has been shit canned.

This is one reason we need PR and DC as admitted states.

by Anonymousreply 150October 8, 2018 5:36 PM

She's saying what needs be said to avoid scaring people off voting for Democrats. There's as many people don't want it as do. She's playing the Republican game... telling people what they want to hear.

by Anonymousreply 151October 8, 2018 5:37 PM

As long as the Dem House investigate Trump administration for the next 2 years...that should cut Trump down to size. If his campaign produced so many criminals... think of how many are currently in the administration.

by Anonymousreply 152October 8, 2018 5:45 PM

Judging by DL and Twitter, there seem to be some Democrats -- perhaps a lot of Democrats -- who are more concerned with rubbing the other side's nose in it than making actual political progress.

by Anonymousreply 153October 8, 2018 5:48 PM

R148, do you really believe they won't investigat trump if we take the house?

Also if it only takes 60 to confirm then it should only take 60 to impeach.

by Anonymousreply 154October 8, 2018 5:53 PM

R143 - yes, infrastructure should be the first order of business if the Dems take the House.

I always thought that Repugs were really stupid to begin with healthcare. They should have started with something that would have bipartisan support like infrastructure. Roads and bridges create jobs. It's a winning issue.

The Dems will have to patiently wait for Mueller's report. Then study it carefully while Trump pisses himself. And then go in for the kill.

by Anonymousreply 155October 8, 2018 5:54 PM

We have been patiently waiting for the report on the NY office of the FBI. Anyone hear anything about that?

by Anonymousreply 156October 8, 2018 5:58 PM

r154, I said that Pelosi will spend time INVESTIGATING. I did not say Trump would not be investigated.

However, seeing as how his daughter ans SIL are employees, I believe that they will torture Trump through them. All of Trump's dirty laundry will be thrown out in public.

by Anonymousreply 157October 8, 2018 6:02 PM

r150, the Repugs will never go for that, and that's exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 158October 8, 2018 6:05 PM

R157, you said Pelosi is not too hot to investigate trump's crimes. What did you mean by that?

by Anonymousreply 159October 8, 2018 6:06 PM

For Christ sake, damn idiot Democrats always point fingers at themselves, Republicans don't have to do it, we are always the ones giving us a spanking, I don't know why. We should get as damn mean as Republicans, I have been saying that for 30 years. All of our kinder than thou attitudes just make us look weak, to idiots.

by Anonymousreply 160October 8, 2018 6:19 PM

R156, I've been wondering about that too for a while now. Either the NY office has closed ranks or there was no investigation in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 161October 8, 2018 6:22 PM

What's going on with RR's meeting today with Dotard?

by Anonymousreply 162October 8, 2018 6:22 PM

R145: I check DL a few times a day. MSNBC and CNN are off until I read something positive, for a change...

by Anonymousreply 163October 8, 2018 6:27 PM

[quote]What's going on with RR's meeting today with Dotard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 8, 2018 6:36 PM

Why is Braeden winning in TN such a big deal if her turns out to be another Manchin, Repug in Dem clothing. Even Doug Jones from GA would have voted to robe Kav IF, he hadn't had a win due to women, particularly, BLACK women.

There is NO DEM with a vision, immediate plan or simple agenda to coalesce POWER for the benefit of the PEOPLE. Nancy ain't it, Chuck ain't it, Lizzie ain't it..... There is a HUGE vacuum in the party and it needs to filled stat!!!

by Anonymousreply 165October 8, 2018 6:49 PM

R165

by Anonymousreply 166October 8, 2018 6:55 PM

The R's are taking on #metoo playing the victimization card, I have a feeling that is going to get women pretty pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 167October 8, 2018 6:55 PM

r166

by Anonymousreply 168October 8, 2018 6:55 PM

[R168]

by Anonymousreply 169October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

[R168]

by Anonymousreply 170October 8, 2018 7:03 PM

Sent in my mail-in ballot today. Voted straight Dem. Really doesn't amount to much since I am in bluest part of California, but it's still my personal FU to the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 171October 8, 2018 7:03 PM

R166, R168, R169, R170 are men of few words.

by Anonymousreply 172October 8, 2018 7:07 PM

We need the numbers. We need Manchin and the guy from Tennessee and every other Democrat we can get to make sure Democrats are in the majority so we c an chair the committees and be the Senate Majority Leader and get McConnell and his band of thugs out of there.

by Anonymousreply 173October 8, 2018 8:35 PM

YES^^^ Fuck Move On

by Anonymousreply 174October 8, 2018 9:30 PM

Dems to support:

Jacky Rosen, NV

Phil Bredesen, TN

Claire McCaskill, MO

Bill Nelson, FL

Joe Donnelly, IN

Heidi Heitkamp, ND

Beto O’Rourke, TX

Kyrsten Sinema, AZ

Tammy Baldwin, WI

John Tester, MT

by Anonymousreply 175October 8, 2018 9:41 PM

We need to support every fucking Dem running in every fucking race. Prioritize the Senate ones but they ALL need our support.

by Anonymousreply 176October 8, 2018 9:46 PM

Make sure you vote Dem for local races too. State government does a lot of harm in the wrong hands. Voter suppression, gerrymandering, fraud, ballot security, and a lot of other crap starts at the state's doorstep.

by Anonymousreply 177October 8, 2018 10:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 8, 2018 10:02 PM

Eh, she confirmed everything I suspected anyway.

by Anonymousreply 179October 8, 2018 10:11 PM

From the link at R178, Stormy said this: “In a way, it’s body shaming and I feel like if I could go back and write the book [again], I think I would have left those details out.

I justify it in a way to myself, even now, saying ‘this is a man who said much worse things about women multiple times,’ so here’s a taste of your own medicine, asshole.”

It doesn’t sound very regretful once you read the entire statement.

by Anonymousreply 180October 8, 2018 10:11 PM

[quote]Dems to support:

Um, are you not paying attention?

Support them all.

by Anonymousreply 181October 8, 2018 10:28 PM

All Democrats are good.

All Republicans are pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 182October 8, 2018 10:36 PM

If my dog ran as a Democrat I'd vote for him. THis is one election wqhere I am not even concerned with the candidate's "qualifications." I'm voting the GOP OUT> Period. I'm not listening to debates, commercials, reading articles, paying attention to smear jobs, etc. My life is simplified. Voting straight party ticket. Only thing I'll research is the non partisan and judicial candidates. I will not put any conservatives on the bench in my state. Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 183October 8, 2018 10:40 PM

Amen, r183. The GOP is a criminal enterprise. Remove and replace them across the board, at all costs, no matter how much their opponents offend your moral sensibilities. Vote the big picture. Democracy is literally at risk here.

by Anonymousreply 184October 8, 2018 11:23 PM

R183 and r184 W&W

by Anonymousreply 185October 8, 2018 11:31 PM

Trump just said Kavanaugh was "found innocent." Kavanaugh wasn't found innocent; that's still very much up in the air until/unless we get a fuller picture and a real investigation into what he is supposed to have done.

So, is Trump lying once again?

by Anonymousreply 186October 8, 2018 11:51 PM

I'd vote for you dog if he ran as a Republican too. Because dogs are nice and Republicans aren't so if they're going to get elected I'd like a nice one.

Plus your dog is probably smarter.

by Anonymousreply 187October 8, 2018 11:54 PM

Spencer Bacchus was running unopposed in my district, and I entered a write-in vote for my Jack Russell, Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 188October 9, 2018 1:26 AM

But Clarence Thomas was confirmed 52-48 so rules chg a lot

by Anonymousreply 189October 9, 2018 1:44 AM

I wish I could vote twice. Straight Democratic ticket for me, as is usually the case.

by Anonymousreply 190October 9, 2018 1:48 AM

Spoke to my relatives in MA, even though many people there like Charlie Baker and his crew and my relatives voted for him, they won't do it again. It's going to be straight Dem ticket voting all the way.

That's saying a lot in MA where their "RINO" moderate Repub governors are somewhat of a tradition (Weld, Romney, Baker). It's the way everyone needs to think nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 191October 9, 2018 3:14 AM

My parents have great friends who live in the hill country of Texas. Very red. They are very liberal and have pissed off many people who live near them because they are rich and they don't hold their tongue. The husband is a rough and tumble guy who is very liberal. His wife is a total spit fire. She ROASTS conservatives like no other ( I WISH she would run for something). Their neighbors asked if they could get some of their BETO signs (they are distributing them). These are Dump supporters. Their neighbors were not happy about this Brett SC shit. The neighbors said many of their friends planned on voting BETO and some have talked about voting against Gov Abbott.

It may not mean a thing but my parent's friends have never seen anyone up there except their across the street neighbor say they would vote for anyone with a D next to their name. She said things are getting out of control and they think there needs to be some checks and balances.

by Anonymousreply 192October 9, 2018 3:29 AM

[quote]Nancy Pelosi has already declared (again) that impeachment is now off the table for Kavanaugh. Should she become Speaker again, she will not pursue it. So Kavanaugh stays as far as she's concerned.

Please stop with this crap. What is the fucking point of spending all their time and energy impeaching these people if there is ZERO chance of conviction in the Senate? It is a much better plan to investigate everything and everyone. If they find enough concrete proof, maybe then the Senate Repugs won't have a choice but to vote to convict these fuckers. But stop harping on impeachment. It would be 100% symbolic and a waste of time at this point. Grow up, learn how politics works, and then vote.

by Anonymousreply 193October 9, 2018 3:44 AM

For those who are upset with Bredesen and Manchin for their BrettKav support remember this: if the Senate was majority Democrat (read: just two extra seats) its a high likelihood that Mr. Kegger would have never even had a hearing. Dianne Feinstein would have been the Judiciary Committee Chair, not Grassley; at the very least he would have had a very thorough vetting and investigation BEFORE getting to the late stages.

We need every single seat to go Blue, no matter who sits there or what individual stances they take on issues. Control of the overall Senate by the Dems will go a huge way toward alleviating all the damage that's been done - that means Manchin must stay and Bredesen gets elected.

by Anonymousreply 194October 9, 2018 3:58 AM

MoveOn was stupid to pull support, especially from Bredesen. He didn't vote for the drunk rapist but he gains votes by saying he would have while running in his ugly red state. MoveOn seems to not understand politics.

by Anonymousreply 195October 9, 2018 4:26 AM

DL gets it right. For the Dems to get to 51 in the Senate we need Manchin in WVA and Bredsen in Tennessee. The ONLY vote that they cast that matters is who will be the Majority Leader of the United States Senate. Period. That's it. We can worry about the other shit later. For right now, that is all that matters.

Move On got it very, very wrong.

by Anonymousreply 196October 9, 2018 11:46 AM

R193, R194, R195, R196 I agree with all of you SO MUCH, and have said as much myself other posts, other threads. But let's also remember the Dems in tight races who deserve an extra boost . Not only do we have to get Manchin and Bredesen in, and hopefully O' Rourke, but Heitkamp and McCaskill and anyone else who is out here struggling.

There can be no "surprises" no upsets where we lose a single seat. We have to hold what we have and get more! So even if you live in a safe seat, please see if some of these other races need help. You can make phone calls for Heidi Heitkamp Claire McCaskill and Beto no matter where you live, and they always need $$.

Here is something important to know: Early voting is either about to begin or has begun in some states. Absentee ballots are going out too and thousands have already been mailed in. In Georgia, where the Trump endorsed Governor's nominee is still Secretary of State and has purged and fucked up a lot of voters, more than 10,000 absentees have already voted. So making calls is important.

by Anonymousreply 197October 9, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]So, is Trump lying once again?

Let's just leave that question laying out there.

by Anonymousreply 198October 9, 2018 12:17 PM

Why is Bredesen making any kind of statement regarding Kavanaugh when he doesn’t have to? Why not just say that he would need to review the FBI files to form an opinion or just have more information?

Why are Democrats so eager to have opinions on everything?

by Anonymousreply 199October 9, 2018 12:25 PM

As opposed to the shy, retiring republican'ts who have no opinions on anything r199?

by Anonymousreply 200October 9, 2018 12:39 PM

R200, that’s not what I’m saying. Why make a statement to alienate female voters when your opponent already supports Kavanaugh?

by Anonymousreply 201October 9, 2018 12:49 PM

R199, please! He's running in Tennessee. He needs Red votes as much as he needs Blue and Indies.

by Anonymousreply 202October 9, 2018 12:51 PM

Just saw a depressing report on "Morning Joe" ( I know, I know) that said that young college age people aren't anymore likely to come out and vote in these upcoming mid-terms anymore then they have in the past. In other words, nothing has changed; Generation Z or whatever they're called, will not be the savior of the Democratic party in this next election. It surprised the reporter and the hosts, because these young people are also so tech savvy and users of social media, they thought that they would be more inclined to vote, not less.

This is their mother fuckin' future, what will it take to get these kids to actually care?

by Anonymousreply 203October 9, 2018 12:52 PM

Let’s hope those polls of young people are wrong. They might be. It’s too late to do much to convince them now otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 204October 9, 2018 1:05 PM

Dank memes and Taylor Swift, R203.

by Anonymousreply 205October 9, 2018 1:20 PM

I can't stand Taylor Swift, but if she gets some of these younger people off their asses good.

The "tech savvy" IT types barely know Trump is POTUS. True, my evidence is anecdotal, but it's scary how clueless they are.

by Anonymousreply 206October 9, 2018 1:54 PM

I've never been a Swift fan, but I'm glad she finally endorsed a Democrat. Those obsessed fans of hers will follow anything she says, so that should translate into votes.

by Anonymousreply 207October 9, 2018 2:10 PM

Niki Haley is resigning.

by Anonymousreply 208October 9, 2018 2:19 PM

CNN HEADLINE: NIKKI HALEY RESIGNS AS UN AMBASSADOR

Dump and Haley will be giving a statement soon.

by Anonymousreply 209October 9, 2018 2:23 PM

What reason is she giving for resignation?

by Anonymousreply 210October 9, 2018 2:33 PM

Since Taylor Swift flexed her star power Sunday with an Instagram post that encouraged her 112 million followers to register to vote, Vote.org has experienced an unprecedented flood of new voter registrations nationwide.

"We are up to 65,000 registrations in a single 24-hour period since T. Swift's post," said Kamari Guthrie, director of communications for Vote.org.

For context, 190,178 new voters were registered nationwide in the entire month of September, while 56,669 were registered in August.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 9, 2018 3:59 PM

Let's hope she tweets out that they also need to turn out and vote.... and vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 212October 9, 2018 4:19 PM

Lifelong conservative Max Boot:

As I look back with the clarity of hindsight, I am convinced that coded racial appeals had at least as much, if not more, to do with the electoral success of the modern GOP than all of the policy proposals crafted by well-intentioned analysts like me.

by Anonymousreply 213October 9, 2018 4:34 PM

You needed hindsight to see that, Max? Really?

by Anonymousreply 214October 9, 2018 4:36 PM

Is Max Boot running for Captain Obvious?

by Anonymousreply 215October 9, 2018 4:37 PM

So Haley is taking Lindsey’s seat so Lindsey can take over for whom? Sessions, right?

by Anonymousreply 216October 9, 2018 4:57 PM

I think Lindsey would rather be VP. He does love the Senate, and the VP has a role to play in the Senate. Pence is kind of useless as a wrangler and Graham is more of a wheeler dealer. I think he is slated to take over Judiciary from Grassley if he stays in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 217October 9, 2018 5:02 PM

They always fuck up when they try a plan like that, R216. Remember when Jared told Trump that firing Comey would make Democrats happy? I bet this turns into another slow-motion fail.

by Anonymousreply 218October 9, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote]Pence is kind of useless as a wrangler and Graham is more of a wheeler dealer.

You seriously underestimate Pence. His fingerprints are all over this administration, and everything he's done is to position himself for a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 219October 9, 2018 5:20 PM

I knew Haley's resignation had to involve something like this. The Trump Crime Syndicate marches on.

Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 9, 2018 5:48 PM

A member of the Trump administration being unethical?!?!? Wha...?!?

by Anonymousreply 221October 9, 2018 6:38 PM

I know, right?

by Anonymousreply 222October 9, 2018 6:39 PM

Ha!, that's small potatoes and these people are shameless. There's more to this than what they're saying

by Anonymousreply 223October 9, 2018 6:42 PM

Yes, if she's out it's because Trump wants her out. Unethical behavior is a plus not a minus in this administration. I mean, the whole theme of this administration is how to get away with crimes and treason.

by Anonymousreply 224October 9, 2018 7:01 PM

I read speculation that this is meant to serve as a distraction when it’s revealed this week that Michael Cohen DID go to Prague.

by Anonymousreply 225October 9, 2018 7:51 PM

Of course this is a distraction. I agree. I'm not so sure of what we're being distracted from, but it certainly feels like a distraction.

by Anonymousreply 226October 9, 2018 8:18 PM

Haley, when Governor of South Carolina, was involved in several scandals involving cronyism, spending improprieties, conflicts of interests, and use of state government assets for personal purposes.

by Anonymousreply 227October 9, 2018 8:33 PM

I watched the news earlier. A reporter asked a Congress member what he would think if the "rumor" that Haley would be replaced by Ivanka Trump was true. Was she experienced enough? He declined to comment.

by Anonymousreply 228October 9, 2018 8:44 PM

Next elections Trump's gonna run with Ivanka as VP.

by Anonymousreply 229October 9, 2018 8:49 PM

Lindsey Graham denied today he was interested in a cabinet position, and that he is running for the Senate again 2020. That may be a big delection to change the media focus.

It is mentioned frequently he seeks to be the Attorney General, and Trump wants to nominate him after Sessions is fired following the mid-terms. If happens, expect the Mueller investigation to be prematurely concluded, and no indictments of the Trump inner circle happen.

The Senate has to confirm the AG nominee. Get ready to contact your Senators, may be the only technical way to stop it. Graham is back again golfing with Trump. And if Kompromat is at work, this alleged conspiracy would be even more alarming.

The media has failed, for quite awhile, to ask Graham some direct and probing questions about the oligarch contributions, and the full nature of his now sycophant relationship with DJT.

by Anonymousreply 230October 9, 2018 8:55 PM

[quote]Lindsey Graham denied today he was interested in a cabinet position, and that he is running for the Senate again 2020

Well, that’s good enough for me. Never has a lie passed her virginal, pearl-pink lips.

by Anonymousreply 231October 9, 2018 10:43 PM

Miz Lindzey's obsession over Kavanaugh went beyond Senatorial advocacy for a court nominee. She acts like a stalker in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 232October 9, 2018 11:35 PM

[QUOTE]Well, that’s good enough for me. Never has a lie passed her virginal, pearl-pink lips.

His behavior makes perfect sense for someone who needs to get re-elected Senator in South Carolina in two years. When I saw his outburst over Kavanaugh, I knew he must be due for an election soon.

by Anonymousreply 233October 9, 2018 11:45 PM

The crowd at Trump rally tonight apparently yelled “LOCK HER UP!” when he mentioned Feinstein. So fickle, those Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 234October 10, 2018 12:33 AM

[quote]The crowd at Trump rally tonight apparently yelled “LOCK HER UP!” when he mentioned Feinstein.

What for, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 235October 10, 2018 12:36 AM

Being female and having some semblance of power

by Anonymousreply 236October 10, 2018 12:38 AM

I suspect Mueller has everything he needs. It has been quiet lately. I think it is wrap up time. Once the mid-terms are over, he will unload all of his findings.

Of course, all the lemming repugs are clucking the exact same verbage, sentences, talking points, whatever you want to call them. They are scared. I saw 2 women on social media, both very anti-abortion, saying they do not like Pres Tre45on and now will vote 3rd party because they can't stand what he said about Dr. Ford after the fact. FWIW, both women didn't like Dump before but voted for him only because of the SC. I saw several comments of "same" after their comments. I don't trust them once they get in the voting booth but I guess it's some good news.

by Anonymousreply 237October 10, 2018 2:50 AM

So Anthony Weiner's getting out of prison . . .

Uday tweets:

[quote]Who else is excited about Avenatti/Weiner 2020?

Avenatti replies:

[quote]If I were you, the last thing I would be doing is referencing other people getting out of federal prison. Because after you are indicted, you will likely be passing them on your way in. BTW, they don’t have silver spoons or gold toilets in the joint. Buckle up Buttercup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 10, 2018 2:57 AM

Big swinging dick Avenatti knows how to punch back.

That crime family really thinks there are no consequences to their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 239October 10, 2018 3:04 AM

Guess who's pissing the bed tonight.

by Anonymousreply 240October 10, 2018 3:07 AM

R235, she's a Democrat. Isn't that enough?

by Anonymousreply 241October 10, 2018 3:58 AM

r206, r207, r211--

I’m writing this post about the upcoming midterm elections on November 6th, in which I’ll be voting in the state of Tennessee. In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions, but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now.

I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent. I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love.

Running for Senate in the state of Tennessee is a woman named Marsha Blackburn. As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me. She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values. I will be voting for Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for House of Representatives. Please, please educate yourself on the candidates running in your state and vote based on who most closely represents your values. For a lot of us, we may never find a candidate or party with whom we agree 100% on every issue, but we have to vote anyway.

So many intelligent, thoughtful, self-possessed people have turned 18 in the past two years and now have the right and privilege to make their vote count. But first you need to register, which is quick and easy to do. October 9th is the LAST DAY to register to vote in the state of TN. Go to vote.org and you can find all the info. Happy Voting! 🗳😃🌈

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242October 10, 2018 4:40 AM

[quote]The crowd at Trump rally tonight apparently yelled “LOCK HER UP!” when he mentioned Feinstein.

[quote]What for, exactly?

Not only for being a Democrat, but also for being an intelligent woman. Thus Trump's rallies are conforming ever more closely to his 30s inspiration. Mass hysteria, mob rule, due process irrelevant. The sleep of reason produces monsters.

by Anonymousreply 243October 10, 2018 6:13 AM

“She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act”

Now this is just evil.

by Anonymousreply 244October 10, 2018 6:55 AM

It truly is R244. What is wrong with these people??

by Anonymousreply 245October 10, 2018 7:17 AM

The women at his rallies are oblivious to the messages he is giving.

by Anonymousreply 246October 10, 2018 7:47 AM

His latest ploy is to blame Feinstein for the Kavanaugh debacle at the Judiciary hearing, he bounces off walls with Ford, simultaneously calling her a victim and a liar and a fool, ridiculing her testimony, but Feinstein he calls a liar. He repeatedly claims she lied about leaking the Ford letter to the press. Then he mocks Feinstein and imitates her. It's insulting and disrespectful and wrong. Even the guy who wrote the article came out to publicly avow that neither Feinstein or her staff had anything to do with the letter/information about Ford leaking.

But even more important, the whole "Lock her up!!" Phenomenon began in the Ukraine. It was the brainchild of Paul Manafort. His candidate for President of Ukraine was a Man, a puppet of Putin's and he was running against an anti-Putin activist who happened to be a woman. So they chanted "Lock her up!!!" at all their rallies. After Manafort's monster "won" the rigged election, he actually did lock up his woman opponent!! Apparently Trump thinks this is a good idea, and he has constantly talked about how corrupt and dangerous Hillary is and how she ought to be arrested, prosecuted, locked up. It is a very dangerous, authoritarian tactic and one we should not take lightly. To charge your political opponent with wrong doing and threaten them with prosecution because you are not in agreement with their views. Trump is a very dangerous, ugly person, but it's very sobering to realize he's the burlesque show while the real business is going on behind the scenes. We must stop this. If your issue is Gay Rights, women's Rights, Gun Rights, WTF ever. Just please vote. Vote in record numbers! I appreciate what Taylor Swift did, but she should have taken that last step and told people to vote Democratic in ALL races this November. We have to clean up a really bad mess.

by Anonymousreply 247October 10, 2018 11:14 AM

What Trump is doing at all his rallies lately is seriously dangerous. Like the demagogue that he is, he is doing his best to demonize Democrats as much as possible to his low-info voters and supporters. They just eat all this hatred and demonizing up and spit it back at him. I'm not sure if he truly believes what he says, but one thing is for sure, his audiences do.

There is something very Hitlerian about this whole tactic, and we ignore it at our peril.

by Anonymousreply 248October 10, 2018 1:00 PM

Good thing Taylor waited til the last day of voter registration to post. Thanks Tay-Tay, for taking such a huge risk and leaving people almost no time to react. You go girl!!!

by Anonymousreply 249October 10, 2018 1:01 PM

Word, R249.

by Anonymousreply 250October 10, 2018 1:45 PM

It's up to Republicans in Congress to speak up but they're all fucking cowards afraid of aienating their base. I wonder why none of them has figured out that they might be able to expand their base if the moderated their tone and weren't so evil. They ought to be standing up to him and to the bad policy he is making. Compromising on immigration, telling people they believe in Climate change and protecting the environment , and they want to fix healthcare not end it. They ought to want to protect Social Security and medicare. A lot of their short term bullshit is going to have a very bad effect on the economy. This bubble will not last. The huge deficits are truly a danger to our national security. We have borrowed a lot of money from China and other places and we are not doing a very good job with our "diplomacy" these past two years. But that's OK. Putin loves this. He watches Trump enact policies every day that weaken us and alienate us from our international allies.

by Anonymousreply 251October 10, 2018 1:49 PM

I hope Hurricane Michael destroys many Deplorables’ homes and businesses. Karma’s a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 252October 10, 2018 1:54 PM

I read a fascinating post on Twitter yesterday wherein Clint Watts was concurring with an article that stated all security experts agree — currently almost zero Russian interference with the election. The SOB’s are still cheating, but will things finally go our way?

by Anonymousreply 253October 10, 2018 1:56 PM

There's already shenanigans going on ...

MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Thousands of absentee voters were mistakenly sent instructions on how to vote a straight-party ticket even though that's not an option in next month's Michigan election.

The Lansing State Journal reports Meridian Township Clerk Brett Dreyfus says about 5,000 ballots were sent before the problem was discovered. Dreyfus blamed a vendor for sending incorrect instructions but acknowledged his office should have caught it before mailing absentee ballots in the Lansing-area community.

The township noted the error in a posting on its website .

A federal appeals court last month revived Michigan's ban on straight-party voting . Voters must go line by line if they want to vote for candidates in partisan races. In the past, a single mark could automatically count for candidates of a single party, from governor to county commissioner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 10, 2018 1:56 PM

Kyle Griffin:

Responding to a lawsuit that alleges the Trump camp and Roger Stone worked with Russia and WikiLeaks to publish hacked DNC emails, Trump lawyers are arguing the 1st Amendment protects the campaign's "right to disclose information—even stolen information."

by Anonymousreply 255October 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Kleptocracy in action:

During a meeting at Mar-a-Lago, Trump raised Sheldon Adelson's casino bid to Japanese PM Abe, ProPublica reports. The Japanese side was surprised.

"It was totally brought up out of the blue. They were a little incredulous that he would be so brazen."

The president raising a top donor’s personal business interests directly with a foreign head of state would violate longstanding norms. “That should be nowhere near the agenda of senior officials,” said Brian Harding, a Japan expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “U.S.-Japan relations is about the security of the Asia-Pacific, China and economic issues.”

Adelson donated $20 million to Trump's campaign and pitched in an additional $5 million for the inaugural festivities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 10, 2018 2:08 PM

But at least Trump is honest about being a liar!!

by Anonymousreply 257October 10, 2018 3:49 PM

No, Dee, he...isn't.

by Anonymousreply 258October 10, 2018 3:54 PM

NYT's GlennThrush:

It wasn't the timing of the Trump taxes story, its length, or the fact that it wasn't cut up into bite-sized pieces that dampened impact.

The great @ProPublica story on Trump/Abe is getting similar "we knew this."

Trump overload/cynicism is a growing threat to good journalism.

by Anonymousreply 259October 10, 2018 4:10 PM

I read today that EPA ethanol standards were relaxed by trump so Iowa farmers could profit more from its sale, in a nod to Grassley who was such an asshole during the kavanaugh fiasco (as usual). Quid pro quo. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Environment be damned.

by Anonymousreply 260October 10, 2018 4:12 PM

While I agree that Trump overload and cynicism is definitely out ere, there is something called the Law and it should not ride on whether people know about the Tax fraud or get upset about it. People get murdered every day. Murder is a crime. We barely react to most murders. But they still must be prosecuted.

People a re so insular today that unless something affects you or threatens you directly you hardly react. We always find a way to distance ourselves mentally and emotionally from stuff that makes us uncmfortable. Look at all the mass shootings. A gay nightclub, a luncheon for employees, a college campuses, high schools, elementary schools, out door concerts, movie theatres, Bible studies, and in every instance we have found a way to decide that it didn't affect us because either the shooter was nuts and there for it's a one off, or we don't go to those places so not to worry.

by Anonymousreply 261October 10, 2018 4:58 PM

Lets all focus our minds on indicting Trump and his immediate circle. Focus HARD. Let's karma Mueller into an October surprise!

by Anonymousreply 262October 10, 2018 5:05 PM

Also focus Karma on Nunes and Cruz. Cruz! Cruz! Make him Lose, lose!!!

by Anonymousreply 263October 10, 2018 5:06 PM

Lose!

by Anonymousreply 264October 10, 2018 5:07 PM

Oh, Jesus....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265October 10, 2018 6:55 PM

“It’s going to be extremely big and extremely wet.”

by Anonymousreply 266October 10, 2018 7:12 PM

I'm tellin' ya, r66, he coulda been a meteorologist!

by Anonymousreply 267October 10, 2018 7:16 PM

^r266

by Anonymousreply 268October 10, 2018 7:17 PM

Yeah, Donald, extremely large and extremely wet like one of your farts

by Anonymousreply 269October 10, 2018 7:17 PM

The Dow is now down 600 points.

Winning!

by Anonymousreply 270October 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Yes, please let the market crash.

by Anonymousreply 271October 10, 2018 7:25 PM

Dow down >700 now. Final fifteen minutes should be interesting!

by Anonymousreply 272October 10, 2018 7:46 PM

No lies told, R272 . . .

by Anonymousreply 273October 10, 2018 7:59 PM

Dow Jones Industrial Average closes down 800+ points, off 3%, the 3rd biggest point loss in the history of the index.

by Anonymousreply 274October 10, 2018 8:03 PM

Yes! Keep tanking. How is the dotard going to blame the dems for this?

by Anonymousreply 275October 10, 2018 8:14 PM

R275 If he were smart, he could blame the rising interest rates... ironically, rates are rising partly because of historically low unemployment. Don't tell dotard there's no constant winning. Once you hit extreme high or low, something's got to give.

by Anonymousreply 276October 10, 2018 8:18 PM

This is all because of the angry mob democrats! They pulled our beautiful stock market down!

by Anonymousreply 277October 10, 2018 8:19 PM

The liberal tech companies are destroying this country by tanking your retirement funds.

by Anonymousreply 278October 10, 2018 8:21 PM

26 days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 10, 2018 8:46 PM

Voted by mail last night. Mail carrier took it today.

by Anonymousreply 280October 10, 2018 8:47 PM

Which state, R280?

by Anonymousreply 281October 10, 2018 8:53 PM

California, R281, and not a swing district. My parents are in a swing district back East, however, and I talked with my mom about how important it is to vote Dem.

Also, I really care about some of the propositions in CA this cycle — e.g., no to Prop 6 (GOP-sponsored repeal of gas taxes), yes to Prop 12 (giving farm animals a bit more space), yes to veterans' housing, yes to homeless housing, yes to allowing for more rent control, yes to more funding for childrens' hospitals, etc.

Voted De Leon for senator, though I'm ok with Feinstein — just wanted to show support for the idea of new blood.

by Anonymousreply 282October 10, 2018 9:02 PM

R282 Voted for Feinstein since I figure she might just die in office and get replaced by another Dem anyway.

by Anonymousreply 283October 10, 2018 9:12 PM

So when the Democratic votes are split, and we lose the seat, you will be able to sleep at night. FUCK YOU.

by Anonymousreply 284October 10, 2018 9:15 PM

R283 Also I hope she gets a chance to exact vengeance on ancient dirtbag Grassley, and of course, the douche meister Trump.

by Anonymousreply 285October 10, 2018 9:16 PM

R284, she's almost guaranteed to win.

by Anonymousreply 286October 10, 2018 9:17 PM

R284 For Feinsten's senate seat, there was no Republican candidate. Only the two Dems on my ballot.

by Anonymousreply 287October 10, 2018 9:17 PM

I'm voting for Diane because she deserves to be our Senator. And Trump is shitting all over her with his" Lock her up!" crap.

by Anonymousreply 288October 10, 2018 9:18 PM

The GOP is California is so dispirited they only dare raise their heads into the red counties.

by Anonymousreply 289October 10, 2018 9:21 PM

California’s new “jungle primary” system puts all of the candidates from all of the parties on the primary ballot for all to vote on. California, being one of the bluest states, elected two Democrats as the top two vote-getters in the primary for US senator to appear as the two choices to appear on the general election ballot.

The governor’s race would have also featured two Democrats but the second place spot divided the vote between the 2nd and 3rd-place Democrats so that the Republican candidate squeaked by to take 2nd place on the general election ballot. But he’s considered a real long shot to win.

by Anonymousreply 290October 10, 2018 9:36 PM

R247 - that's Yulia Tymoshenko.

I love her. I wish she would come to the US and give speeches about her history. She is fascinating and I would love to hear her speak.

by Anonymousreply 291October 10, 2018 10:46 PM

Under grilling by Democratic U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris today, FBI director Christopher Wray refused to say why his agency failed to interview numerous key players in its supplemental background check of Brett Kavanaugh, or if it investigated allegations that Kavanaugh lied to Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292October 10, 2018 11:17 PM

Christopher Wray looks like Kavanaugh's equally ugly and slimy brother.

by Anonymousreply 293October 11, 2018 12:22 AM

My parents voted straight Dem this week by mail (TX). They always do. Dad is a union guy. Both my parents come from union homes. I had a great middle class upbringing due to those great union benefits.

by Anonymousreply 294October 11, 2018 1:38 AM

DL's, how do you handle it when Dump tweets given his bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax? Do you "Oh, dear" him on twitter? Do you make a drinking game for every time you would say "Oh, dear"?

by Anonymousreply 295October 11, 2018 1:49 AM

Trump's back to his Hillary obsession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296October 11, 2018 2:07 AM

Oh god, how long can we go on like this? Please let this election turn it around.

by Anonymousreply 297October 11, 2018 2:49 AM

What will it take for NBC to call it like it is? It's not "evidence-free allegation", its CRAZY TALK.

by Anonymousreply 298October 11, 2018 2:56 AM

Can the news media at least tell people where this came from? I'd love to see footage of Paul Manafort and the Ukrainians chanting lock her up at the woman political opposition to the Putin Puppet. That is not common knowledge and it draws a direct line from the Russians Putin to Manafort to Trump. It's a visual. It would put that bullshit right back on him and he'd go apeshit.

by Anonymousreply 299October 11, 2018 3:00 AM

Did we start a thread about the Saudi Journalist who was murdered in the Saudi Embassy in Turkey? Apparently Jared is implicated. On Lawrence O Donnell tonight, some guy was talking about how Jared visited with him about a year ago, and right after Jared left, a week later there was a purge and now this journalist was murdered. It needs its own thread. I'm not allowed but someone else could. Please?

by Anonymousreply 300October 11, 2018 3:03 AM

R291, that’s actually a very good idea. Democrats should invite her to the States to tell her story. I’m sure that very few Americans know about her or that Manafort was recycling the same old playbook.

Instead of devoting an hour to vapid Melania, ABC should Interview Tymoshenko and HRC instead.

by Anonymousreply 301October 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Seriously, though, he'd better get a lot of shit for having his wank session while the south is suffering.

by Anonymousreply 302October 11, 2018 3:09 AM

I would love that, r301!

To see the two of them interviewed on one show would be fantastic!

Who can we contact to see if this is possible? CNN would do a shitty job. MSNBC?

I'd write, call and post on social media to get her here for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 303October 11, 2018 3:19 AM

r303 He called out Obama for campaigning after Sandy. Now, he does the exact same thing but DURING the storm. None of his deplorables will care. Repugs are so BLATANT about their hypocrisy it is stunning.

Florida won't care. It is amazing how Cubans can freely come here yet Haitians and Mexicans aren't. Hmmm why is that? Oh yeah, Cubans vote R. Conservatives thought the children of illegal hispanics would vote R because of the religious aspect of their culture. When they didn't, and it might turn the nation blue forever, suddenly they have a huge problem with them and are willing to destroy their lives.

by Anonymousreply 304October 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Can’t both Obama and Hillary sue that piece of shit for slander the day he leaves office? Obama for the wiretapping accusation and now Hillary for the Russia accusation?

by Anonymousreply 305October 11, 2018 3:37 AM

What do we make of this ?.....watch til the end....VERY INTERESTING.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306October 11, 2018 3:38 AM

R306 what am I supposed to be seeing?

by Anonymousreply 307October 11, 2018 3:45 AM

Trump says something to Kennedy that stops him in his tracks and Kennedy looks like hes been had.

by Anonymousreply 308October 11, 2018 3:51 AM

r307 End times?

by Anonymousreply 309October 11, 2018 3:51 AM

It really is very interesting. Kennedy looks shocked. I wonder what the fuck he was just told.

by Anonymousreply 310October 11, 2018 4:35 AM

R300- The thing I'm seeing about this which is scary is that the US IC intercepted calls about Saudi planning to do something to this journalist and they passed the info on to the WH.....which did nothing. Shouldn't they have warned the journalist personally instead of thinking the WH was going to intervene? Watching Trump with his hands on that orb should have tipped them off that he's going to turn a blind eye to all of it.

by Anonymousreply 311October 11, 2018 4:55 AM

Maybe the storm is starting to pass - quite a few conservatives have now publically left the GOP---Max Boot, Steve Schmidt and now David Jolly. Plus Fox apparently is pulling back on covering Trump's rallies.

Maybe all of that is a good omen.

by Anonymousreply 312October 11, 2018 4:57 AM

They got their fucker on the Court. They got all their tax cuts. Now, they'll turn on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 313October 11, 2018 5:55 AM

R299 that would be a really compelling visual.

by Anonymousreply 314October 11, 2018 12:01 PM

I think Kennedy and Trump were talking about Kavanaugh's hearings. Trump was saying "They tried to get me to open up the FBI investigation! hell with them." And Kennedy probably said, OMG, no!" Or maybe they were talking about Mueller and his son and Duetsche Bank, and Trump said, Fuck him. I'm President. I don't repay loans! Hillary probably stole more than I did. " And Kennedy said, Really? Hillary IS crooked! You have to... Lock her up!"

by Anonymousreply 315October 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Whatever he said what struck me was Trumpy seemed uneasy... Like he suddenly understood he'd gone too far... He looks like he's giving impatient lets move along gesturing.

by Anonymousreply 316October 11, 2018 12:12 PM

I think he told Kennedy that he'd have to resign next so Trump can fill that seat too....

by Anonymousreply 317October 11, 2018 12:31 PM

Uh, R317, have you been away?

by Anonymousreply 318October 11, 2018 12:36 PM

correcting I think he told Kennedy that John Roberts will have to resign next so Trump can fill that seat too... He wants all Trumpers on the court

by Anonymousreply 319October 11, 2018 12:37 PM

Trump looked very unhappy. He looked angry, disgusted, WTFever. So maybe he did tell Kennedy something startling. Maybe he told him how Jared foolishly gave the Saudi guy information that led to the murder of the journalist and the Post has the story and they are going to expose him!

by Anonymousreply 320October 11, 2018 12:38 PM

Michael Avenatti:

Donald Trump Jr. will be indicted before his birthday on 12-31-18. If you doubt my prediction, please check my record over the last 7 months. #Winning

by Anonymousreply 321October 11, 2018 2:43 PM

Hooray!!!

by Anonymousreply 322October 11, 2018 2:44 PM

I wish to fuck Avenatti would have said "before October 31, 2018." Why wait? They have everything they need. You know they do.

by Anonymousreply 323October 11, 2018 2:46 PM

[quote]I wish to fuck Avenatti

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 324October 11, 2018 2:49 PM

why has Junior and Kushner not been indicted?? Fuck Mueller...Fuck him right up the ass, WHAT AN EGO!! He irritates the hell out of me. Start putting these major assholes in JAIL!!

by Anonymousreply 325October 11, 2018 2:57 PM

I have started thinking Mueller is dragging his feet, because he is a Republican. And don't tell me he is not dragging his feet, while America is burning.

by Anonymousreply 326October 11, 2018 2:59 PM

When you reach for the high places you best not fail.... Mueller is being meticulous. When he files his indictments and makes everything public, he wants to make it all airtight so it is a foregone conclusion they are guilty. All of them. Look at the detail in Manafort's charges. Mueller does not play. All the reports they write can get censored and quashed and kept hidden, but indictments filed in a court of Law? Hah! That's a different story. And if the investigation is disbanded, or stopped after the Midterms, if the Dems take the house they can re open the investigation and re hire Mueller. Wanna bet Mueller has copies of everything under lock and key in a safe location?

by Anonymousreply 327October 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Will Floridians care that Donnie Darko chose to ego wank at a rally instead of monitor the hurricane's wrath?

Or will the home of Mar A Lago get extra special attention and recovery support?

by Anonymousreply 328October 11, 2018 3:08 PM

R300 & R311, this story is so fucking disturbing. Now the Senate is forcing the WH to investigate but of course they won’t since Trump and Jared are so buddy buddy with these apparent murderers.

Putin murders people with reckless abandon. Now the Saudis are doing the same. Not to mention Kim. Meanwhile, Trump brags about how well he gets along with all of them.

by Anonymousreply 329October 11, 2018 3:09 PM

And Canada is our enemy, R329.

by Anonymousreply 330October 11, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote]And don't tell me he is not dragging his feet, while America is burning.

You come for the king, you best not miss.

by Anonymousreply 331October 11, 2018 3:19 PM

So the fresh Jared speculation might account for Haley's 'hidden genius' public appraisal. He is neither, but this clunking over-estimation was oddly suddenly put out there.

Sounds like a gimcrack Trump boost for short-term esteem, knowing very bad stuff is simmering.

by Anonymousreply 332October 11, 2018 3:20 PM

She didn't say which kind of genius. Is he a good genius or an evil genius?

by Anonymousreply 333October 11, 2018 3:25 PM

Mueller cant file any charges against the main players until hes ready to file against ALL of them at the same time. Why on earth would he charge Junior or Kushner, only to file against the others later and allowing them advance warning about whats coming and how to manipulate evidence. Its not rocket science people....and its not about you and what you want.

by Anonymousreply 334October 11, 2018 3:27 PM

Good point, R334.

by Anonymousreply 335October 11, 2018 3:29 PM

After Kennedy shook his finger at trump the orange menace stalked off, dismissing Kennedy and leaving him in his dust. That's what he does to naysayers, dismisses them before walking away to the next disaster.

by Anonymousreply 336October 11, 2018 3:45 PM

More likely, Trump said something to Kennedy and suddenly a light bulb went off and Kennedy realized he had been played.

Trump: Let those fucking democrats try to remove me now.

Kennedy: What ?!?...you told me this wasnt about protecting yourself.

Trump: Dont be naive...My 12 year old is more qualified than this asshat to sit on the SC..remember, your son is deeply involved in this too..

Kennedy :Dont threaten me, Im still respected and can turn you in...

Trump: whatever old man (walks away)

Kennedy: I cant believe you lied to me.

Trump : (chuckles)

by Anonymousreply 337October 11, 2018 3:56 PM

Is she saying "learn to sashay right bitches!"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338October 11, 2018 3:58 PM

I almost vomited looking at her smug piglet face^^

by Anonymousreply 339October 11, 2018 4:00 PM

Stock market down another 150 points after yesterday's 800-point dip.

Ford to lay off 2,400 workers.

One of America's largest coal companies just filed for bankruptcy.

Winning!

by Anonymousreply 340October 11, 2018 4:17 PM

Even more shenanigans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341October 11, 2018 4:41 PM

I think Trump said to Kennedy “I’ve got terminal cancer and I’m taking the entire fucking country down with me.”

by Anonymousreply 342October 11, 2018 5:00 PM

Trump would never admit to cancer to anyone, believing he's above all special, untouchable, and cancer only happens to poor people - and certainly not to people on summit terms with Vladimir Putin. Narcissism 101.

Rather like Roy Cohn in 'Angels In America', if a doctor ever told Trump of any such diagnosis, he'd bully the doctor into shifting his lifetime terms of reference - he'd call medical science 'fake news' - so the terms somehow fitted the freakshow of egotistic lies his stunted brain contains.

Weirdly - see Kissinger and Murdoch - such specimens often just go on and on. Maybe their withering and shrinkage as they deepen into age, uselessness and and global revulsion is punishment enough.

by Anonymousreply 343October 11, 2018 5:50 PM

Maybe Mueller will file charges just days before the election. Trump is probably going to fire him right after the election so why not preempt him and do maximum damage? Once the charges are filed with a court, Trump can’t stop them, can he?

by Anonymousreply 344October 11, 2018 6:03 PM

Just 25 days left

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345October 11, 2018 7:11 PM

Hmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346October 11, 2018 7:12 PM

Mueller knows the lame duck will be TREACHEROUS!

by Anonymousreply 347October 11, 2018 7:14 PM

Journalist to Heather Cunty, State Department Spokeswoman, regarding the missing Saudi correspondent:

[quote]In terms of your understanding, or...lack of understanding...

by Anonymousreply 348October 11, 2018 7:26 PM

The Trump administration is probably better off taking action against the Saudi's now rather than later. If they delay, they'll have another special counsel investigation on their hands.

Some analysts, notably Seth Abramson, believe there's evidence of a Saudi influence campaign that includes illegal measures and that the current special counsel is investigating it in conjunction with the Russian support for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 349October 11, 2018 7:26 PM

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

I can’t answer that

by Anonymousreply 350October 11, 2018 7:32 PM

Not too many answers from the State Department

by Anonymousreply 351October 11, 2018 7:33 PM

R350/R351

by Anonymousreply 352October 11, 2018 7:37 PM

R352 - some sissy lame wimp who blocked me, but still NEEDS to know what I’m saying.

by Anonymousreply 353October 11, 2018 7:47 PM

I also have R350 and R351 blocked fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 354October 11, 2018 7:57 PM

Me2 352-4.

Wonder where he was an asshat?

by Anonymousreply 355October 11, 2018 7:58 PM

Trumplestiltskin and all his minions need to be trusted up like holiday turkeys long before Jr. Mints birthday on New Years' Eve. Someone said up thread that Canada is our enemy. All our previous allies among the 'free' world have been alienated from the U.S. by that shit-stain pretender who calls himself POTUS. Our government and foreign relations are being totally and utterly destroyed. It will take us decades to recover from this, IF our country CAN pull through this shit-storm of open and unrepentant tyranny against the Constitution

by Anonymousreply 356October 11, 2018 8:02 PM

You’re terrible R350/R351!

by Anonymousreply 357October 11, 2018 8:03 PM

Trump lawyers preparing answers to Mueller questions!

by Anonymousreply 358October 11, 2018 8:06 PM

JUST IN: Michael Cohen re-registers as a Democrat, lawyer says.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 11, 2018 8:38 PM

Sad to see that O'Rourke is trailing Cruz, but at the very least he's given Cruz a scare. It would be delicious if the actual returns are much closer.

Texans: do the right think for once!

by Anonymousreply 360October 11, 2018 8:40 PM

Ads against Beto are numerous and effective. Beto's ads are not. To add on to that, PACs and Gov "crazy legs" Abbott are running ads constantly demeaning liberals and talking about how noble conservatives are.

Do liberals ever run ads about how conservatives have consistently fucked up our country and all they ever do is talk a good game but run up the deficit and put the economy in the ditch every fucking time they are elected?

by Anonymousreply 361October 11, 2018 9:53 PM

The Trump Admin is complicit in the murder of Kashoggi.. They were warned by the IC and did nothing. I think could be one more big scandal.

by Anonymousreply 362October 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Sounds about right r362

by Anonymousreply 363October 11, 2018 10:13 PM

They don't appear to give a flying fuck about scandals, r362....

by Anonymousreply 364October 11, 2018 10:15 PM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 11, 2018 11:08 PM

Analysis from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 11, 2018 11:08 PM

Florida midterms

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367October 11, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote [bold]]But even more important, the whole "Lock her up!!" Phenomenon began in the Ukraine. It was the brainchild of Paul Manafort.[/bold] His candidate for President of Ukraine was a Man, a puppet of Putin's and he was running against an anti-Putin activist who happened to be a woman

[bold]and Tad Devine[/bold] (Bernie Sanders campaign manager). They both were running the Viktor Yanukovych campaign and were successful in jailing the female candidate that dared to run against Viktor Yanukovych and his master Vladimir Putin. Sounds familiar ???

I am certain that is the fate that awaited (or still awaits) Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 368October 11, 2018 11:41 PM

It's is really incredible we have come to this. Telegraphing authoritarianism in plain site and it seems 40% of our country is fine with it?

by Anonymousreply 369October 12, 2018 1:11 AM

Is it really any different than pre-Nazi Germany?

As a kid in school, I remember hating the Nazis, of course, but also the German people for letting it happen. I mean, how could they just let it happen??!!

by Anonymousreply 370October 12, 2018 1:54 AM

r370 I always cursed the German people thinking they were really evil inside to allow such a horrible thing to happen when they were so sophisticated. Not anymore. I see exactly how it happened. And it doesn't take a majority.

Sorry, German people, for having thought that.

by Anonymousreply 371October 12, 2018 2:02 AM

Crazy Republican judge Ellis is trying to sabotage the Manafort deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 12, 2018 2:56 AM

r372 They got their majority on the court to do all sorts of crazy shit. Expect Repug judges to go hog wild now.

by Anonymousreply 373October 12, 2018 2:57 AM

I knew the photo with the orb and the Saudis would come back to haunt.

I hope I needn't wait too long to find out what the Wendi Deng/Ivanka "vacation" was all about.

by Anonymousreply 374October 12, 2018 3:17 AM

[quote] Stock market down another 150 points after yesterday's 800-point dip.

Down 500 today.

[quote]Ford to lay off 2,400 workers.

Ford set to lay off 24,000 workers, not 2,400.

If Avenatti is right and they will indict Trump by the end of the year, we know why they HAD to get Brett "can't indict a president" Kavanaugh on the bench right the fuck now.

And, how about this scenario? Trump has to resign. Pence is elevated and gets to choose his VP. The newly resigned Nikki Haley is appointed by Pence. The still Repug-controlled Senate gets to approve her for the position. The Repugs get to get rid of Trump and get a woman on the ticket for 2020. I've noticed that all those Repugs who have become ex-Repugs over the last two years can't get enough of re-shaping Haley's history and pretending she's some sort of moral, anti-Trump when she's actually just as ass-licking as the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 375October 12, 2018 3:25 AM

r375 We know many of the never-Dumpers will come back to the Repugs once he is gone. I want to see the real heroes who will not endorse any Repug for Prez because the rest of the party is absolutely corrupt to the bone. However, they did their part. I will not blame them for going back to the party after him. Most of them are not moderates.

by Anonymousreply 376October 12, 2018 3:31 AM

But Haley isn't a moderate and she's been licking Trump's ass the entire time she's been at the UN. They're just lying. Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 377October 12, 2018 3:33 AM

Chief Justice John Roberts requested the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals review more than a dozen ethics complaints related to Judge Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing conduct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378October 12, 2018 3:37 AM

One week and I bet Roberts already hates this little fucker.

by Anonymousreply 379October 12, 2018 3:43 AM

Oooo maybe Roberts won’t seat him officially.

Who wants to work with a creep like that anyway.

Can you imagine lunch time?

That guy is an idiot. He has the intelligence of a gnat.

by Anonymousreply 380October 12, 2018 3:43 AM

He's already officially seated, R380. He's been on the bench all week.

by Anonymousreply 381October 12, 2018 3:46 AM

Thanks r378. I knew I read that somewhere, just didn't bookmark it. I think it doesn't bode well for Kavanaugh. This does lend credibility to the Dems claim that the FBI had its hands tied despite the blathering Dump. What if it shows Kav's shady past, his undeniable partisanship? Will Roberts bring him into his chambers for questions?

by Anonymousreply 382October 12, 2018 3:49 AM

Roberts is Chief Justice. He will not take kindly to Kavanaugh's huge Ego and constant sense of grievance. People say Roberts breathed a sigh of relief when Scalia died. He was too flamboyant. Robert is about comity. He is alll about judicial temperament. And he is definitely in charge. To the degree Kavanaugh tries to usurp his position they will not get along. As I read about it, Roberts could have made those complaints "go away." But he is all about Recititude and integrity and he didn't do Kav any favors by referring those complaints. I see KAvanaugh as a disruptive force on that court.

by Anonymousreply 383October 12, 2018 3:56 AM

I would not hang my hat on Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 384October 12, 2018 3:57 AM

What is the 10th Circuit like? How often does this type of complaint occur? What about the number of complaints? Predictions????

by Anonymousreply 385October 12, 2018 4:52 AM

The head of the 10th circuit is a Republican appointee, Timothy Tymkovich, (George W. Bush) and it's based in Kansas, so you can guess that it's not the most liberal circuit court in the nation...... moreover, Tymkovich was on Trump's short list for Supreme Court nominations, so I'm guessing he's going to go out of his way to make these 10 complaints go away......

by Anonymousreply 386October 12, 2018 5:25 AM

I can't post links tonight, but a Washington post article said the same thing. The complaints are moot since kavanaugh is on the court. I guess Roberts is covering his ass like Flake did.

by Anonymousreply 387October 12, 2018 5:49 AM

The 10th Circuit is seven Democrats and five Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 388October 12, 2018 6:00 AM

[quote]it's based in Kansas

No, it's based in Denver. The Circuit includes Kansas, but the Court is not based there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389October 12, 2018 6:03 AM

Hitler did not have to deal with the instantaneous transmission of information through the Internet.

by Anonymousreply 390October 12, 2018 6:07 AM

Why did Garland have to refuse himself?

Why are the Dems always taking the fucking high road?

He could have reviewed the complaints and fuck the republicans if they protest.

by Anonymousreply 391October 12, 2018 6:13 AM

^^recuse himself

by Anonymousreply 392October 12, 2018 6:40 AM

What if they do find merit for with the complaints? What are the consequences?

by Anonymousreply 393October 12, 2018 6:48 AM

Garland is one of the Republicans in Circuit 10. And he has recused? Well at least that tilts the panel 7 Dems vs 4 Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 394October 12, 2018 7:10 AM

R394, not even one of the things you wrote is correct.

by Anonymousreply 395October 12, 2018 7:14 AM

[quote]Roberts is Chief Justice. He will not take kindly to Kavanaugh's huge Ego and constant sense of grievance.

I was listening to Michaelangelo Signorile and I missed something that they were talking about. He was referencing how Roberts was given a bunch of information re: Kavanaugh and could have done something to stop him from getting seated but he didn't bother.

I came in at the tail end of that discussion so I didn't catch what exactly they were saying.

I have been wondering how the other Justices feel about Kav and in the same discussion they brought that up and said that Kav over the years has sent a bunch of clerks to both the Repug and Dem justices and so that indicates that they all like him just fine.

by Anonymousreply 396October 12, 2018 7:25 AM

At the end of the day I believe these judges have the same pack mentality as cops or firemen or mobsters. They cover for each other and present an united front against outsiders and rats (insiders who step out of line and go after one of their own).

by Anonymousreply 397October 12, 2018 9:04 AM

It is beyond comprehension, r32, how the crime of treason---real, honest-to-God TREASON, never mind perjury and obstruction of justice---can legally be buried 6 feet under by anyone, let alone Nunes.

Boggles the mind how we have allowed Congressional protocols to reach this state of aiding and abetting.

by Anonymousreply 398October 12, 2018 10:49 AM

R398, we only recently found the evidence of Nixon thwarting the Paris peace talks. That was treason.

by Anonymousreply 399October 12, 2018 12:29 PM

R399, Not sure what your point is, other than to support the idea that Republican Presidents are and have been traitors to the United States.

There's Reagan and the Iranian US Embassy hostages and then Iran-Contra.

Dubya with the lies about Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 400October 12, 2018 2:37 PM

Good point, R400. They're disgusting. As for Roberts, the analogy of him covering his ass like Flake is a good one. And remember. Kavanaugh worked in the office of the Special Counsel in the Bush White House for W. So a lot of these lower court judges know him, and got assistance from him during their own confirmation hearings. Unless it's proven that he did something heinous, they will give him a pass, IMO. But if, as you say, the 10th is mostly Dems a lot will hinge on who comprises the panel of review. The Appeals court usually selects 3 judges to sit in review.

by Anonymousreply 401October 12, 2018 3:03 PM

Yes, r400, my point is the Republican Party has a long history of treason. This administration looks to be over the top.

by Anonymousreply 402October 12, 2018 3:22 PM

I think Roberts is just letting him know the angry frat boy shit won't play well in his courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 403October 12, 2018 3:29 PM

Call it treason or whatever, but to me it was always clear that the Republican Party only represents its 1% type of donors. Neither the 1% nor their lackeys give a fuck about the rest of the US and the world. It's all about their own advantage no matter who else suffers.

by Anonymousreply 404October 12, 2018 3:35 PM

Is there a thread for the murdered Saudi whistleblower?

So sad.

by Anonymousreply 405October 12, 2018 3:56 PM

It's clearly their message, R404, but who cares what they believe or want? They are but 1%, after all, and can buy an island to cry their xtian tears.

This god complex of having to rule and lord it over everyone while depriving them of their rights is the disease of the rich. Perhaps the time is right for the return of the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 406October 12, 2018 3:57 PM

Did a search, not seeing the Saudi thread. Can anyone link it?

by Anonymousreply 407October 12, 2018 4:02 PM

It is hard to drag them out to the guillotine when they live in a fortress with body guards. It would be nice if they at least knew how hated they were.

by Anonymousreply 408October 12, 2018 4:06 PM

There are a few threads. I'll link below and in next posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 12, 2018 4:14 PM

This is a thread about Khashoggi too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410October 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Finally, here's a thread on the Senatrice's faux outrage about the disappearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411October 12, 2018 4:18 PM

Exactly, the 1% never cared at all about our democracy or our constitution and frankly, they are so selfish and thoughtless, they never need to be represented, they already live on their own planet.

by Anonymousreply 412October 12, 2018 4:24 PM

I think we all see that Mueller is just passing time, he will never touch the Trump White House, Republicans don't want him to. We can all see that Trump, Jared, Kelly and most the cabinet are criminals, nothing will be done.

by Anonymousreply 413October 12, 2018 4:27 PM

Can you just stop, R413? You have no clue what Mueller has or is planning? Also, from everything I have heard and read about him, he is loyal to the truth and the rule of law, not the Republican Party.

I can’t figure out if you’re a troll or what, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 414October 12, 2018 4:34 PM

Mueller needs to make it to 01.03.2019.

It is that simple.

by Anonymousreply 415October 12, 2018 4:36 PM

R415

by Anonymousreply 416October 12, 2018 4:40 PM

why do you have me blocked r416?

by Anonymousreply 417October 12, 2018 4:43 PM

Re: R413: still though they are humans (albeit unevolved) and their arrogant untouchability isn't an iron law.

If Mueller (I think improbably) transpires not to have knock-out blows, it's likely that cretin Trump - high on "No Collusion" - will blurtingly overreach somehow (even by his current non-standards) which renders him categorically unfit to continue.

Unintended consequences: with enough rope, he could hang himself.

by Anonymousreply 418October 12, 2018 4:46 PM

What they need to do is eliminate ALL tax loopholes and raise the top tax tier to WWII levels (approx 94% over 2.5 million of todays dollars) and any offshore accts that are not declared get confiscated.....time to take control and to put the rich...and the nation...back in its place.

by Anonymousreply 419October 12, 2018 4:47 PM

I agree with R419. My take on Mueller is this. As much as I would like to see Mueller get Trump for treason, I'm thinking it won't happen. Mueller will get a lot of people around Trump, like Donnie Jr. & Jared. But Trump will get burned on Obstruction. Then the state of NY will come after them for fraud and they will get busted for the corruption involving their foundation. If they can get Trump on money laundering that would be great. I hope so. Tax fraud and money laundering, obstruction aren't too shabby. They have to get him in a squeeze play though so he can't pardon anyone. If I were Mueller, I would make sure I had charges ready to go, detailed charges impossible to refute, then I would file in court and bust them all at once. Trump would scream like a scalded cat and raise 99 kinds of hell, but pardoning people would be the last thing on his mind. In fact I can see hi throwing Jr. under the bus along with Jared. Of course I have every reason to believe Jared will rat him out. Manafort will not get a pardon because he is cooperating. They have stripped him of his assets too. I hope that's what happens to Trump I will excuse the lack of jail time if I can watch him get stripped of all his holdings. The point is Trump is so completely corrupt, they can come at him all kinds of ways and I'll be OK. What I will not be OK with is Trump not getting busted at all.

by Anonymousreply 420October 12, 2018 5:02 PM

I see two things here: firstly, Mueller doesn’t need Trump’s testimony to bring charges or make his case and, secondly, once the charges are brought Trump is going to have to testify anyway - and he’ll have to stick to the obvious lies in his written testimony.

Mueller is still cornering his prey.

by Anonymousreply 421October 12, 2018 5:09 PM

If Trump ripped off his rubber Trump mask and revealed that he was literally Hitler his cult would cheer.

by Anonymousreply 422October 12, 2018 5:13 PM

Actually Trump has the cold cunning eyes of The Fuhrer. With a bad black dye job and a little square moustache he could take his grotesque circus performance down to the next level.

The content of his rallies is going distinctly in that direction. If a clever cyber artist has already created the chilling image above I missed it, but it's an obvious and ugly graphic to create. And yes, all too many would not see it as satire.

by Anonymousreply 423October 12, 2018 6:23 PM

There should be a method by which if you find out someone has blocked you (for instance they just list your link on a post) you can punch and delete in a way that you can truly disappear for them. That way when they try to read anything you’ve said they can’t.

Should work both ways. Can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you block me, get ready to never hear from me, as you initially wished. And if you block someone accidentally, it’s simple to unblock because people don’t announce those they’ve blocked accidentally, neither do they post links to their posts.

by Anonymousreply 424October 12, 2018 6:35 PM

[quote] The numbers tell a shameful story. Barely half of all eligible millennial voters cast a ballot in the last presidential election, compared with nearly 70 percent of baby boomers and the two generations older than them. The midterms are far worse. In 2014, just 16 percent of people between the ages of 18 and 29 voted. So, while I love the placard that a kid held up during one of the March for Life anti-gun protests this year — “You can’t fix stupid but you can vote it out” — midterms are largely ignored by the young. And this November, with a president and a party in power determined to turn back time, only 28 percent of young adults say they are “absolutely certain” they will vote in midterms, according to one poll. By comparison, 74 percent of seniors say they will show up on Election Day. Other polls show a higher turnout among those at the front end of adult life, but it still lags behind those at the opposite end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425October 12, 2018 7:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426October 12, 2018 7:47 PM

Stupid title to the article (it's not a "secret weapon - we've known about this for a decade at least) but here's a voter suppression overview from today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427October 12, 2018 7:53 PM

I think Justice Roberts had to do something with the complaints. They couldn't just sit on his desk. So he picked which court to send them to. Not sure what their duty will be? Is there a lawyer representing the complaints/charges? Some of them are from attorney's who felt he disgraced the bar with his testimony. Which would be a complaint to the DC bar?

by Anonymousreply 428October 12, 2018 8:02 PM

The complaints are that he perjured himself during his multiple hearings. From what I heard yesterday, anyone can bring those charges in the Washington court jurisdiction. The fact that they weren't automatically thrown out for lack of standing would seem to indicate that whomever brought the multiple charges (I believe it was multiple people) do have the ability to follow up on these charges. If it isn't thrown out for cause, I assume there would be discovery allowed which could include the release of all of Kavanaugh's documents in order to prove the perjury. Maybe we will get lucky and the fucker will have to do under oath in a deposition.

by Anonymousreply 429October 12, 2018 9:39 PM

Yes, R413 is an obvious troll that has been desperately trying to pull that shit for awhile. Just look at its history.

by Anonymousreply 430October 12, 2018 10:41 PM

Agreed, r430.

by Anonymousreply 431October 12, 2018 10:52 PM

No way Trump is a Hitler manque.

Now Mussolini, that is a totally different story.

by Anonymousreply 432October 12, 2018 11:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433October 13, 2018 2:39 AM

I feel the same r432.

May it never come to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434October 13, 2018 2:45 AM

Interesting that those who probably were Mussolini’ biggest backers may have been the mob who strung him up. I wonder if Trump’s fanboys would ever get that mad. Btw appreciated the jaunty Italian music that went with the video in R434’s post.

by Anonymousreply 435October 13, 2018 3:15 AM

I was just recently reading a wonderfully bitchy book about The Duchess of Windsor. They all just ADORED Mussolini (and to a lesser degree, Hitler). It didn't matter to the elite back then if a man was a beast or a darling, as long as he was a head of state. Even Churchill, as "problematic" as he is, liked Mussolini at first.

by Anonymousreply 436October 13, 2018 3:33 AM

The movie Tea with Mussolini shows that very well, R436. Cher, Dame Maggie, Dame Judi, Joan Plowright, and Lily Tomlin vs. Mussolini in the end but, at first, the Brits thought Mussolini was just fantastic. They held onto that for a while, too, even after things went to shit for them.

by Anonymousreply 437October 13, 2018 8:17 AM

The difference now being that nobody of the slightest distinction or influence has any liking or respect for Trump.

The Pope's face and remarks, The Queen's downgraded invitation, and the laughing UN sent that message loud and clear.

Trump is a freak of nature to be endured, by no means enabled or indulged.

by Anonymousreply 438October 13, 2018 8:45 AM

[quote]Interesting that those who probably were Mussolini’ biggest backers may have been the mob who strung him up

It’s not uncommon in these sorts of scenarios, is it? Rabid dogs have no true loyalty. And then of course there are those who are just cynically motivated; the Vichy French happily denounced their friends when it was no longer financially feasible to be allied to the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 439October 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Has anyone seen the report in the Daily Mail about Hillary losing her security clearances? They mash things so badly it was hard to determine whether Trump revoked them or she rejected them. Apparently her senior staff at the state department also got purged. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 440October 13, 2018 11:36 AM

R440, here. I ask because IMO any gesture by the Trump administration which can be construed as a punitive gesture towards Hillary or any other Democrat, is completely evil and dangerous. You do not "punish " your political enemies in America. You don't sanction them, lock them up, or in any way attack them using the power of the state itself. Dissent is not illegal. YOu can attack them on the political campaign trail, but not by using the power of the state.

by Anonymousreply 441October 13, 2018 11:39 AM

It sounds like it was done in solidarity with those who had their clearances revoked by Trump.

"Admiral McRaven has served both Republican and Democratic Presidents, and is a man of honor whose service to this country and heroism is virtually unrivaled," he continued. "Secretary Clinton has great respect for Admiral McRaven. She read this message & decided to take the step of voluntarily withdrawing her security clearance, which she maintained after leaving her post as Secretary of State to write her book, customary for former Secretaries."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 13, 2018 11:52 AM

Hills definitely made the request. Fatso will try n make it look like he one upped her.

by Anonymousreply 443October 13, 2018 1:37 PM

Oh the bloom is fading from the Orange Rose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 13, 2018 1:38 PM

Agreed, r443. I read about it being done at her request and am just waiting for the forthcoming lies ....oopsie....the alternative facts.

by Anonymousreply 445October 13, 2018 1:47 PM

r445, You were right the first time, they are lies. Don't ever give into the Orwellian double speak of this administration.

by Anonymousreply 446October 13, 2018 1:53 PM

Media is reporting that the Saudi journalist who was murdered inside the Saudi embassy in Turkey, recorded his own murder including pictures taken with his iWatch, and sent to a cloud and to his iPhone. Now a bunch of tech people are saying they didn't think it had the capability to sent the stuff to his phone, but why not? It was definitely recorded on his watch. He deliberately turned on his watch to record, while he left the phone with his fiancee outside the embassy. So He must have either known or sensed he was in danger. How gruesome. The Saudi's who have sent their own investigative team never bargain on that I bet.

by Anonymousreply 447October 13, 2018 2:05 PM

R413 is not a troll. He/she is someone who is beginning to feel the despair some of us are feeling. Nothing seems to happen to the orange pig. Tax fraud for years, paid off women he fucked and lied about it, his horrible and destructive domestic and foreign policies, And still no action. I want to believe Mueller Rosenstein and the SDNY will cap his ass but nothing thus far. Hell yes I'm depressed. every gd day some scandal comes out-his connection to MSB/ Saudi government and murder but Kushner's connection to the Saudi Prince has been known about for a while-he gave intel to MSB about his enemies and the enemies were rounded up at the Ritz and tortured and at least one died. Kushner and Trump have blood on their hands. But what will be done-nothing so far. Call me a troll if you wish but Trump controls the Judicial branch. So will they go against him? I pray they will.

by Anonymousreply 448October 13, 2018 2:17 PM

Pundits are already predicting Trump will be elected to a second term. The Republican/Trump party are and will be responsible for the fate of the US as a failed democratic state. Trump has nearly destroyed the US in record time. Think what horrors he can inflict if he wins a second term.

by Anonymousreply 449October 13, 2018 2:23 PM

Bullshit he will be re-elected. He doesn't know what he is doing and the economy will suffer as a result. Also Mueller's team will be unravelling and revealing the criminal behavior.

Trump wasn't even the winner of the last election and he has lost voters since then.

Plus, the Dems are going to win the house. Things will be much more interesting the next two years.

by Anonymousreply 450October 13, 2018 2:30 PM

R448, I caught him on the news yesterday and he looked like absolute shit. At this point, if what I have read is correct, about a third of congress is compromised - that’s a lot on Mueller’s plate.

by Anonymousreply 451October 13, 2018 2:37 PM

T'drump's connection to the incredibly rich Sheldon Adelson is one key to the weird policy, though the thugs really want that casino money. China is holding things up there, but they're moving fast in Japan. Just ask Abe about that audacious conversation Trump brought up on his behalf.

by Anonymousreply 452October 13, 2018 3:07 PM

Bullshit, R448. R413 is none of those things you've mentioned. It's very clear from its posting history that it's a troll with one objective.

by Anonymousreply 453October 13, 2018 3:15 PM

R453

by Anonymousreply 454October 13, 2018 4:08 PM

Over the past decade, Jared Kushner’s family company has spent billions of dollars buying real estate. His personal stock investments have soared. His net worth has quintupled to almost $324 million.

And yet, for several years running, Mr. Kushner — President Trump’s son-in-law and a senior White House adviser — appears to have paid almost no federal income taxes, according to confidential financial documents reviewed by The New York Times.

His low tax bills are the result of a common tax-minimizing maneuver that, year after year, generated millions of dollars in losses for Mr. Kushner, according to the documents. But the losses were only on paper — Mr. Kushner and his company did not appear to actually lose any money. The losses were driven by depreciation, a tax benefit that lets real estate investors deduct a portion of the cost of their buildings from their taxable income every year.

In 2015, for example, Mr. Kushner took home $1.7 million in salary and investment gains. But those earnings were swamped by $8.3 million of losses, largely because of “significant depreciation” that Mr. Kushner and his company took on their real estate, according to the documents reviewed by The Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455October 13, 2018 5:47 PM

Significant depreciation = TAX DODGE

Go get 'em State of New York.

by Anonymousreply 456October 13, 2018 5:49 PM

Yeah, any mention of a second Trump term is patently ridiculous. If he doesn’t croak by 2020 someone like Joe Biden will demolish him in the election.

by Anonymousreply 457October 13, 2018 5:51 PM

"significant depreciation".....like DJT and his family did with their properties...only to turn around a few years later and sell them for 16x the value they declared.

by Anonymousreply 458October 13, 2018 5:53 PM

Oh, but it's all OK because Jared is now officially a 'hidden genius', besides which, per his FIL, not paying taxes makes him 'smart.' Ladies and gentlemen, the Philosopher Kings who now inhabit the centre of power.

by Anonymousreply 459October 13, 2018 6:01 PM

Last night Colorado Democratic Governor John Hickenlooper and Ohio Republican Governor John Kasich were guests on the Christiane Amanpour news hour on PBS. They are friends in real life and working together cooperatively on several issues, health care and climate change at the forefront. It was so refreshing and uplifting to hear two men from different parties stress cooperation and civility and discuss issues calmly, politely and with knowledge.

It was such a stark contrast to the narcissistic and blatant greed, bullying and lies of the current administration. A dark cloud of nasty is covering our country right now and it has to end. I'm counting on the midterms and Mueller investigation to blow most of the stench away but I'm getting awfully tired of waiting.

Regarding Kasich, I don't agree with many of his positions but, to me, he was the most palatable of the ridiculous Republican field in 2016.

I also find Christiane Amanpour an interesting and informative news host. Her show is free of "BREAKING NEWS" graphics and commercials and you hear different points of view from people who aren't continuously featured on cable. I do watch MSNBC and sometimes CNN but I tire of the relentless mention of the name trump.

by Anonymousreply 460October 13, 2018 6:05 PM

R454

by Anonymousreply 461October 13, 2018 6:22 PM

I agree, R460, but I also think it's a sad commentary on our political culture when Kasich—a voter-suppressing, almost-Scott-Walker-level union-busting reactionary is our model of workable politics.

by Anonymousreply 462October 13, 2018 6:28 PM

Kasich seems very closety to me. There’s something about his hand mannerisms that has pinged my gaydar.

by Anonymousreply 463October 13, 2018 6:57 PM

r463.........Kasich is known to be deeply in the closet....one of his old opponents even outed him while campaigning. He was living with his former chief of staff FOR YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 464October 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Kasich's marriage history proves he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 465October 13, 2018 7:08 PM

Kasich, like Trump, has those unfortunate lips which resemble a clenched anus.

by Anonymousreply 466October 13, 2018 7:46 PM

What’s his marital history

by Anonymousreply 467October 13, 2018 7:58 PM

FFS.....Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 468October 13, 2018 8:09 PM

So Kushner (and Trump) use depreciation of their properties to avoid taxes. But why are they then not subject to the alternative minimum tax that the rest of us have to pay when we have too many deductions? Can one of the tax experts here explain?

by Anonymousreply 469October 13, 2018 8:12 PM
by Anonymousreply 470October 13, 2018 11:59 PM

it depends on what and how they file, r469.

People like the orange fool usually have numerous partnerships and LLC 's that are all partners of each other and they all flow into a trust.

So the dotard technically doesn't have any assets. All of his money is tied up in trusts that are partnerships or LLCs so any gains he has he covers them with other "losses" from another partnership.

It's like an onion with numerous layers all sheltering that small kernel in the middle.

I know that's not really helpful but if you think of it as a trust in partnership with an LLC and add layers out from there, you get the idea. Because that's how you hide money and assets. And it is legal.

It should not be but it is and it needs to change.

by Anonymousreply 471October 14, 2018 12:19 AM

Alternative Minimum Tax, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 472October 14, 2018 3:49 AM

No, r472, RICO asset confiscation.

by Anonymousreply 473October 14, 2018 6:08 AM

All these rich assholes should be taxed based on the amount of money they brag about having. Maybe that will bring some humility back to society.

by Anonymousreply 474October 14, 2018 6:46 AM

Democrats need to be thinking about NEW types of taxes.

Robot hours tax. If a robot replaces a worker, the company is not freed from paying the taxes on the work.

Not a capital gains tax, a CAPITAL tax. If a person has 10 million or more in investments, pay a gross 10% CAPITAL tax on the capital in addition to the capital gains tax.

A financial transaction tax. Trade stocks and bonds,. each time 1% of the trade.

Fully staff the IRS and concentrate on top 10% of incomes.

Treat them all like Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 475October 14, 2018 6:57 AM

A PAC tax. 75% tax on monies used for any form of advertising. If the Koch brothers can spend 200M$ on ads, they can pay 150M$ in taxes on them.

by Anonymousreply 476October 14, 2018 7:02 AM

I think they need to look at the entire way non profits get away with being tax exempt and contributing tens of millions to political campaigns. The Supreme Court may have fucked us with Citizens United, but the NRA and a lot of other groups ought to get taxed for the political spending.

by Anonymousreply 477October 14, 2018 11:39 AM

These tax shelters just prove what the dotard said: reform the system. So where are these reforms he promised? Right there behind the closing coal burning power plants and dropping Dow.

by Anonymousreply 478October 14, 2018 12:32 PM

R475, love your ideas. Send them to every senator who will listen! or...start at the state level...

by Anonymousreply 479October 14, 2018 1:58 PM

I like R475's ideas too. Fucking tax cheats..meanwhile who pays taxes? The little people. Just like Leona said.

by Anonymousreply 480October 14, 2018 2:00 PM

Yer darn tootin', r480!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481October 14, 2018 2:07 PM

Be prepared for the trolls in the coming weeks like this one in the Ryan Gosling FLOP thread:

[Quote] A Canadian and a Brit in an American story as the leads. I really hate stuff like that. And people wonder why we have Trump. Not only that but I didn't like the fact that they didn't put the flag in the film either. You know in the moon. Foreigners being all over American stories is a big reason why I keep my money in my pocket. And I'm as liberal and progressive as it gets. But there's so much real talent right here in america that never gets a chance because of hollywood and their bull shit. Haven't been to the movies since 2005 and very proud of it. Hollywood keeps getting it wrong on so many levels.

In the next few weeks, we will be hearing a LOT of: "I'm as liberal and progressive as it gets. But..."

by Anonymousreply 482October 14, 2018 2:49 PM

You'd think they'd at least try to change it up every so often, r482. Maybe use "however" instead of "but".....

by Anonymousreply 483October 14, 2018 3:00 PM

It’s from a “Babble”-like training manual.

They are afraid that attempting other sentence constructions will out them as non-native English speakers.

by Anonymousreply 484October 14, 2018 3:03 PM

Everything said before 'but' is a lie, R482. No ifs and or buts about it.

by Anonymousreply 485October 14, 2018 3:11 PM

Is it too quiet or am I just imagining this might be a big week for indictments again?

by Anonymousreply 486October 14, 2018 4:43 PM

RICO is one if my favorite words.

We need to end pass through entities such as S corps and partnerships. They should get taxed at the corporate rate. Carrybacks limited to 3 years. Period.

Also end all tax exempt statuses for churches, PACs and entities who claim to be "educational" but they are money laundering fronts such as the NRA.

Sadly, the Rethugs keep cutting money to the IRS to make sure that enforcement goes down.

Everyone hates the IRS but if they went after the REAL tax scammers like the dotard and most of the scumbags in congress, it would be a different story.

by Anonymousreply 487October 14, 2018 5:15 PM

No major indictments before the mid-terms..its protocol and Mueller is an adherent to it. Would be fabulous though

by Anonymousreply 488October 14, 2018 6:14 PM

Fuck Mueller sticking to protocol when Trump and the Republican Party take a dump on the Constitution on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 489October 14, 2018 6:16 PM

I am liking the tax ideas in this thread. Some of you may need to run for office or share your ideas with your Reps.

by Anonymousreply 490October 14, 2018 6:29 PM

Things that Don't Help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491October 14, 2018 6:31 PM

California teacher who said Stephen Miller 'ate glue' as a kid placed on paid leave

A California school district has reassigned a teacher who said the President Trump aide ate glue when he was in her third-grade class in Santa Monica's Franklin Elementary. The comment, which was published in The Hollywood Reporter, has sparked a debate on the ethics behind teachers revealing past students' information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 14, 2018 7:27 PM

I can only assume he graduated to sniffing it.

by Anonymousreply 493October 14, 2018 7:31 PM

Why not, r434?

by Anonymousreply 494October 14, 2018 8:46 PM

I ate library paste in the first grade. It was somewhat like white frosting in texture and a bit sweet. I did not consume large quantities but I did give it a try. Also enjoyed peeling Elmer's Glue off my hands after covering the entire surface of my palm. Sort of like peeling a sunburn only better.

by Anonymousreply 495October 14, 2018 9:21 PM

I hope Stephen Miller dies in a vat of glue, or maybe he can just fall in a tub of hot glue so his outsides can match his insides and he can officially become the Batman villain he's destined to be.

by Anonymousreply 496October 14, 2018 11:34 PM

I dunno if this is a catchall thread for including legislators who are widely known to be compromised by Russia, and are 99.44% likely to be in Mueller's indictment list, but Orange County Congresscritter Dana Rohrabacher is not receiving any GOP PAC assistance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497October 15, 2018 12:25 AM

There won't be any indictments after the mid-terms either because Trump is going to find a way to fire Mueller then.

by Anonymousreply 498October 15, 2018 12:30 AM

r498. if you believe that this is not the Mueller investigation, it is the Special Investigation into Russian Interference. I would not doubt if ALL the collected information by Mueller is shared by the top ten appointees in the FBI. The investigation is not Mueller independent.

by Anonymousreply 499October 15, 2018 12:35 AM

It's cute that you think that one move will just stop everything in its tracks, R498.

by Anonymousreply 500October 15, 2018 12:35 AM

R498, and the Dems will own the House after the election.

by Anonymousreply 501October 15, 2018 12:36 AM

And???? r501, the stupid Democrats will make Pelosi speaker again and she has said again, "impeachment is off the table."

by Anonymousreply 502October 15, 2018 12:38 AM

Impeachment is off the table until the Senate is in a position to REMOVE Trump.

Pelosi is simply stating the political obvious. Or do you want:

House of Representatives passes articles of impeachment on Monday. On Tuesday the Senate convenes the Trial. On Wednesday the Senate finds Trump not Guilty.

Is THAT how you want Pelosi to waste political capital?

Well, Pelosi doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 503October 15, 2018 12:45 AM

Sr502, do you think it would be wise for her to threaten impeachment at this point? I don't. I think we need to wait until the democrats are in control and the investigation results are known.

by Anonymousreply 504October 15, 2018 12:45 AM

Remember, Nixon wasn't impeached.

The evidence against him was so persuasive that her resigned.

Pelosi knows that THAT is the blueprint.

by Anonymousreply 505October 15, 2018 12:47 AM

I agree, r505

by Anonymousreply 506October 15, 2018 12:50 AM

Pelosi also knows that Trump will NEVER resign.

The evidence provided by Mueller and the House investigations are only for the benefit of the Senate.

If the Senate turns on Trump, he is gone.

If no Senate, it may weaken him for a Republican challenger in 2020.

This game is more Chutes and Ladders than chess.

by Anonymousreply 507October 15, 2018 1:57 AM

[quote] Democrats will make Pelosi speaker again and she has said again, "impeachment is off the table."

What she actually said is, “It’s not someplace I think we should go." The way she phrased it is not the same as saying impeachment is "off the table." Second, her way of framing the issue is a smart, strategic move. Why would you do anything to fire up his base weeks before the most important mid-term election in quite a while (and possibly ever). As soon as the Dems begin investigating this crooked, treasonous felon -- with or without Mueller's report -- it will be patently obvious that tRump has broken the law and needs to be removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 508October 15, 2018 2:26 AM

No disrespect to the OP, I’ve pisted on almost all of these threads, but this has been the most painful one. Ever tried desperately to have an orgasm over and over and over, but couldn’t? It’s like that. I feel like we’ve been on this one for over a month, and it is k.i.l.l.i.n.g. me.

Others are right, no fucking way in holy hell will Mueller move now — which puts his case in a STRONGER position as it neutralizes accusations that he’s trying to interfere. But they will still throw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

The only people left for Mueller to hit are maybe Roger Stone, then the kids. then Fatass. Yes, of course there’s be players mixed in we may not know, but the family really is already boxed in, which is divine.

I have no doubt anymore that Melania is some kind of handler. Jared gave the Saudi’s direct intelligence in the death of Khashoggi. Peter Smith was murdered by Russians on US soil. There is tons of video kompromat on Cheeto.

He absolutely intends to run again. If we take the house, it’s possibld to stop him just through the sheer will of countless subpoenas.

by Anonymousreply 509October 15, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote]I have no doubt anymore that Melania is some kind of handler.

Wow, that was a quick turn toward the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 510October 15, 2018 5:49 AM

Really, the thought that Melania is a Red Sparrow is a crazy thing?

by Anonymousreply 511October 15, 2018 6:03 AM

Yes, it is R511. She's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 512October 15, 2018 6:08 AM

[quote]A federal judge ordered the unsealing of a significant portion of the grand jury report sent to the House Judiciary Committee in 1974 regarding the infamous break-in at the Democratic National Committee offices at the Watergate hotel and President Richard Nixon‘s role in covering it up. The report is commonly referred to as the Watergate “road map,” and could potentially be used to aid Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his ongoing investigation of the Trump campaign.

Can somebody explain what this means?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 15, 2018 6:23 AM

r512, bitch would cut you.

by Anonymousreply 514October 15, 2018 6:39 AM

[quote]The report is commonly referred to as the Watergate “road map,” can somebody explain what this means?

It means you won't get lost shopping at the Watergate, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 515October 15, 2018 6:41 AM

So does this mean Mueller is soon closing his investigation but needs some precedent on how to present his case so it will not be buried?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516October 15, 2018 7:01 AM

The Mueller investigation has legs that could last until 2025.

No reason to end it early.

But we must make it to 01.03.2019

by Anonymousreply 517October 15, 2018 7:09 AM

Sure Trump could be investigated for years and years but Mueller only has to prove collusion and/or obstruction of justice. After that federal judges take over.

by Anonymousreply 518October 15, 2018 7:25 AM

LOL at Giuliani and his fucking report to discredit Mueller's investigation. They are trying to give us the impression of activity, and even earlier they claimed a few days ago they were answering Mueller's questions in writing, but I believe that a lot of what they're saying is bullshit to give the impression they have a dialogue going with Mueller's team, when they very probably don't. Not saying there is no communication, but it is definitely not as Rudy portrays it. Mueller doesn't need to talk to Trump. He probably extended the invitation months ago and then saw the way Rudy and Trump's team used the request politically, and withdrew it. That Report will not get buried. That is the one thing I count on if the Dems win back the House. And once the report is shared with Congress it'll get leaked. Just like McConnell suppressing the Kavanaugh background investigation will eventually get leaked. Congressional staff are very dependable in that way.

by Anonymousreply 519October 15, 2018 7:57 AM

If we win the House, I just want endless public committee investigations on Kavanaugh to discredit hin. Then we can open a new House investigation committee on Trump and kick Nunes off! Perhaps hold public hearings to reveal all the sneaky shitty stuff Nunes did to protect Dump. I believe the findings in itself may be enough to put pressure on the Senate to push Dump to be impeached. These findings can dovetail with Mueller's documents to form an overwhelming case for either indictment or impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 520October 15, 2018 9:13 AM

If the Democrats take over the House they can re c onstitute committees. But I think the way it works is that members of Congress list their preferences of which committees they want to be on. They submit those to the Leader of their caucus, who then meets with the ranking member or chairman of those committees and they select. Now the Minority leader can express his preferences as to who he wants on a particular committee, but the Speaker can refuse to assign him if the Chair of the committee doesn't want him.

by Anonymousreply 521October 15, 2018 9:29 AM

I wish all of the Trump shenanigans were getting the daily televised Watergate Hearings treatment.

by Anonymousreply 522October 15, 2018 9:36 AM

There's definitely been some pushback from the Communications director, Bill Shine towards the media insisting on more balance. I've noticed it. And Trump is doing more interviews. We're in a very dangerous place if the media starts normalizing this ratfucking piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 523October 15, 2018 9:41 AM

The media has been on his side from day one. He feeds the frenzy and he is the clown who brought in the circus.

Bob Woodward said in an interview recently that the media really failed the public by not making it a bigger deal that Trump refused to release his taxes. Woodward himself was trying to get his hands on them but he couldn't.

The media can make but they can also break him. Just like Nixon and Watergate became a media sensation, same thing could happen with Trump once the House starts with hearings.

It's just really worrying that not law and order, not justice and the courts will bring him down but a public opinion that is dependent on what the media feeds it.

by Anonymousreply 524October 15, 2018 10:45 AM

R524 One thing the Trump years make clear is that all the built-in checks and balances do not work when one very corrupt party is in control of all branches of government. And on top of that, too much of the media is also controlled by people too friendly with said corrupt party to the point it is nothing but an apologist at best and a co-conspirator at worst.

by Anonymousreply 525October 15, 2018 12:38 PM

Citizens United, R524. All the money flowing in, dark money, unaccounted for, unreported. The media is the prime beneficiary of that money. They have elevated political reporting, "debates" etc. to a reality show. It gets priority. So they can say, hey look. We increased our political reporting. It's our "civic duty." But the fact is, by ginning up the overage and making it almost a sporting event, trivializing important issues, etc. this reality show brings in big bucks with very little outlay of cash on their end. The ratings are up so the revenue is up from advertising, and paid ads from political groups or the "advocacy groups" is up too. The Kochs and all those fat cats, oligarchs, etc. are all paying the media. Back in the old days, the TV networks were required to set aside the news segments from the commercial segments. The News operations were not revenue producing. They were public service. And there was an "equal time" rule but all of that is gone now.

by Anonymousreply 526October 15, 2018 1:52 PM

" They have elevated political reporting, "debates" etc. to a reality show."

That's hardly elevating, r526.

by Anonymousreply 527October 15, 2018 2:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528October 15, 2018 2:19 PM

No one's talking about Mueller in relation to midterms. Makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529October 15, 2018 2:29 PM

Time for the Irish American Democrats to run those vile traitors to the race out of office: McConnell, Ryan, that Kennedy corpse on the Judiciary committee, and any other Irish American POS who forgot history and their place. Status was always important to the Celtic race, but it was always a GIFT given by the people, not one you buy for yourself and expect to keep going for generations without merit or honor.

I love this picture, OP, and thanks.

by Anonymousreply 530October 15, 2018 2:30 PM

Yeah, the Watergate unsealing is potentially good. At least an interesting source of possible guidance on how to move forward (or how to tweak any existing plan).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 15, 2018 2:30 PM

I don't know. I don't like this being discussed right now. It's too soon and it allows the Republican Congress and Trump WH to take measures to forestall or stop it from happening to him. I would much rather that Mueller had announced his report and invoked the Watergate road map to demonstrate precedent for releasing the report. We can't afford to lose any advantage we have and the element of surprise is basic among them.

by Anonymousreply 532October 15, 2018 2:59 PM

On TV saw this woman "praying" to Trump to come to the Florida panhandle and help her recover from her loses due to the storm..

Lady, contact FEMA, apply for aid, contact state and local services, hope you had homeowners and flood insurance, contact relief charities, ask neighbors, friends, and relatives for help.

Her prayers to the Church of Trump won't work.

Maybe Tucker Carlson from Fox News heard her plea, and will volunteer to come help her.

by Anonymousreply 533October 15, 2018 3:12 PM

WOW. Did anyone watch Trump with Lesley Stahl on 60 Minutes? He is an absolute ignoramus. Didn’t understand questions and was essentially an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 534October 15, 2018 3:13 PM

Why past tense; why “essentially”?

by Anonymousreply 535October 15, 2018 3:48 PM

R534, arrogant ignorance will only hoist him in the eyes of deplorables. They revel in their own ignorance and hate the intelligentsia.

by Anonymousreply 536October 15, 2018 3:55 PM

Why does the press even humor this asshat with interviews? Total disgrace. How much more rope does he need to hang himself? I mean, c'mon!

by Anonymousreply 537October 15, 2018 4:02 PM

Just remember. People knew who he was and what he was before they voted for him. They knew about his infidelity, his marriages, his personality, etc. the pussy grabbing con artist who refused to show his tax returns and scammed people through Trump Uiversity, the contractors who never got paid, the guest worker waivers he got to hire "foreigners" for his resorts, etc. So why do you expect the devoted followers to give a fuck about him being ignorant or "essentially an idiot" now?

by Anonymousreply 538October 15, 2018 4:16 PM

Perdue commits battery in defense of Nazi Kemp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539October 15, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote] Just remember. People knew who he was and what he was before they voted for him

And the non-voters knew about him too. At least Americans have given up trying to convince me most of them aren't ignorami or idiots.

by Anonymousreply 540October 15, 2018 5:02 PM

The House and Senate forecast odds are the opposite of each other - 4/5 chance for Dems in House, 1/5 in Senate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541October 15, 2018 5:11 PM

R541, there is still time. Three weeks is an eternity in politics...and news cycles. 1/5 is not great. Not even probable. But it is possible. So let's not give up!

by Anonymousreply 542October 15, 2018 5:45 PM

All these downer reports are deliberately meant to discourage people from turning out. Turn it off. Keep working.

by Anonymousreply 543October 15, 2018 5:46 PM

R542, agreed. I just really want at least one of the two chambers. It's not downer news - it's just an update.

by Anonymousreply 544October 15, 2018 5:47 PM

I know, R544, but it seems like the news media will be flooding us with polling, handicapping this damned election and it will have the effect of discouraging some voters...unfortunately not the right ones.

by Anonymousreply 545October 15, 2018 5:51 PM

The corporate media presents Trump as information-entertainment. Talking heads will Express dismay, then it is moving on to the next set of antics. Then there are these "both sides" debates that are argumentative and spin. Then the media is pushing for midterm elections horseraces.

Trump gets away with shit that no one else could. It is tiresome, damaging, frustrating, and immensely divisive. The Mueller investigation is not moving fast enough for me; and is shocking the level of interfence being tolerated, and even facilitated, by a large number of Republicans in Congress. They are not being held accountable.

Trump and company are totally focused on personal and family wealth, not the welfare of the nation. It justs repeats itself with every action.

I'll vote, but feel less than optimistic about the process and potential results.

by Anonymousreply 546October 15, 2018 6:03 PM

If Trump wanted the WH run like a reality show, then he will get his wish in spades when Pelosi gets subpoena power.

by Anonymousreply 547October 15, 2018 6:11 PM

Every once in awhile I find it necessary to mention this as It’s importance seems forgotten all too often: FOX NEWS!!!

Donald Trump, Devin Nunes, Mitch McConnell, etc. aren’t the problem. They’re the symptoms. If they didn’t have a forum to spew their lies and hatred, they wouldn’t be able to get away with it. The disease is Fox news (and it’s various offshoots), and the contributors funding it. To Deplorables it’s the gospel, their sole news source. Without Fox, Trump wouldn’t have a viable platform to spread his divisive speeches of venom. Even if we can successfully get rid of Trump, Pence, etc, there’ll be others to take their place – UNLESS - we get rid of the source! I don’t know how this can be done, but the first step in solving a problem is to identify it!

by Anonymousreply 548October 15, 2018 6:14 PM

If Dems don't take the Senate, the right wing takeover the the judicial branch underneath SCOTUS will continue for another two years, at which point it will matter less and less that Dems get the WH in 2020. The courts will block ANYTHING progressive that comes from a Democrat-controlled government.

Vote, because your future depends on it!

by Anonymousreply 549October 15, 2018 6:22 PM

r548. I am sorry, but you are not going deep enough.

The 1% who owns right wing media like Fox News are to blame for Trump. They also pay polititians to deliberately dumb down US citizens so they can be manipulated more easily by media outlets like Fox News.

I mean no smart person using common sense would believe

- that unions, who fight for the workers to get decent salaries and better and safter work conditions, are the people's enemies.

- or that affordable healthcare for all is terrible, because it's so darn unfair to the pharma industry and to the individual to pay for someone else's medical treatment.

- or that Planned Parenthood is bad, because all they do is give abortions to slutty women.

- or that it's so unfair for big business to pay taxes on their billion dollar profits and therefore need more and more tax cuts.

by Anonymousreply 550October 15, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote]essentially an idiot.

I think this is one case where the term "literally" could literally be used.

by Anonymousreply 551October 15, 2018 7:42 PM

I get why Mueller is waiting until after the election to issue more indictments ( I hope) but it still gets under my skin that James Comey didn't do the same thing back in 2016 to Hillary Clinton's detriment.

I know, I know, the two aren't really related; what Comey did was wrong, and Mueller is doing the right thing, but still, I'd love it if Mueller did something that would torpedo the Republicans chances in this election the same way.

But Mueller is too much of a boyscout to ever do anything like that.

And that's why we trust him.

by Anonymousreply 552October 15, 2018 8:02 PM

Comey was blackmailed by the NY FBI field office....why does everyone miss that ?

by Anonymousreply 553October 15, 2018 8:09 PM

r553, I don't know James, why?

by Anonymousreply 554October 15, 2018 8:14 PM

r554.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555October 15, 2018 8:25 PM

You can have as many Faux News channels as you like, if nobody falls for their shit reporting full of lies, they have no power.

The problem lies with the people who are soaking up their dreck. The problem starts with low education standards and continues with religious influence and an all around trash culture.

by Anonymousreply 556October 15, 2018 9:16 PM

Hey R414, I wanted to believe that Mueller was a good man and just doing his job and not political. I also know that an investigation can take years but our country is desperate with this fool in the White House...what good will his investigation do if we have already lost our democracy?

by Anonymousreply 557October 15, 2018 9:32 PM

There is absolutely no reason why Mueller is waiting to file indictments...it is unfair to the American people. At this point, the wants and needs of Republicans should be considered, THEY NEED AN EDUCATIIN.

by Anonymousreply 558October 15, 2018 9:39 PM

Why is Guilliani acting like a blithering idiot all the time? Does he really think he could be chosen as Attorney General? Lindsay would be disappointed. So much slime, waiting for some scrape to fall off that polluted table.

by Anonymousreply 559October 15, 2018 9:45 PM

For some reason my nephew only listens to Fox News...I never thought he was stupid but I guess I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 560October 15, 2018 9:51 PM

We need a midterms thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561October 15, 2018 10:17 PM

Is Stacey a lez?

by Anonymousreply 562October 15, 2018 11:19 PM

Judge threw out Stormy Daniels's defamation suit. Unable to post link.

by Anonymousreply 563October 15, 2018 11:27 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564October 15, 2018 11:28 PM

R559, he's not "acting."

by Anonymousreply 565October 15, 2018 11:40 PM

[quote]One thing the Trump years make clear is that all the built-in checks and balances do not work when one very corrupt party is in control of all branches of government.

Yes, the system is not working when the three parts of government can dismantle democracy which is the case with this congress; OKing corrupt judges and covering up Trump's crimes.

Very worrying the whole situation.

by Anonymousreply 566October 15, 2018 11:50 PM

Bill Kristol says Ms. Lindsey Graham wants to be Secretary of Defense.

Loves those army boys

by Anonymousreply 567October 16, 2018 12:00 AM

Wolfe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568October 16, 2018 12:14 AM

the r528 pic makes my leg tingly

by Anonymousreply 569October 16, 2018 12:17 AM

No, the checks are not working and we have no control over what is happening to our country...it is turning into Naziland.

by Anonymousreply 570October 16, 2018 12:30 AM

He thinks it will give him "straight cred" r567

by Anonymousreply 571October 16, 2018 12:43 AM

What happened with the RR meeting with Dotard?

by Anonymousreply 572October 16, 2018 12:55 AM

Interesting, R572.

by Anonymousreply 573October 16, 2018 1:49 AM

Seriously r572? It happened, last week I think. Rosenstein accompanied Drumpf on a plane trip and they talked it out. Bottom line: Rosenstein stays, for now.

by Anonymousreply 574October 16, 2018 1:54 AM

I'm aware of that R574... I'm just surprised there weren't any more details about it .

by Anonymousreply 575October 16, 2018 1:55 AM

[quote] People knew who he was and what he was before they voted for him.

Also, don't forget that Christians knew exactly what kind of man Trump was and flocked to him in droves. I will never again entertain the idea that Christians give a shit about morality, period.

by Anonymousreply 576October 16, 2018 1:57 AM

Why is Mike Pompeo so fucking fat?

by Anonymousreply 577October 16, 2018 2:06 AM

Scripture says that the Antichrist will be a deceiver and hailed as a Savior....and that the flock will follow him blindly. You would think, with all the so-called Bible experts praising him, that one of them actually read the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 578October 16, 2018 2:08 AM

r578 lotsa dumb clucks in Yankland think there's only one authoritative Bible source and that everyone knew English in Jesus's day and no translation losses ever happened because God's Word is invincible, or something. So why don't they go with the first Bibles? Because they're Catholic and in Yurpeen langwidges.

I'd have thought the Antichrist to be more slick and convincing than a 300-lb fleshy entity with decaying brain matter, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 579October 16, 2018 2:14 AM

You're talking as though the majority of them know how to read.

by Anonymousreply 580October 16, 2018 2:14 AM

I really want to start seeing more and more of the Deplorables crying because they were "tricked," by him.

by Anonymousreply 581October 16, 2018 2:15 AM

Have we done, "Celestial Treasonings", yet?

by Anonymousreply 582October 16, 2018 2:21 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 16, 2018 2:22 AM

It's on the list, R582, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 584October 16, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote]I will never again entertain the idea that Christians give a shit about morality

It's only bad when liberals and democrats do it.

by Anonymousreply 585October 16, 2018 2:52 AM

I'm so sick of hearing people bitching about Hillary's response re: Bill and Monica.

It's so fucking ridiculous and really rich that fucking Repugs are whining that she deflected. Really? They want to go there?

And fuck the Dems who criticize her fucking answer. They still haven't learned that taking the high road and acting different than the Repugs gets you nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 586October 16, 2018 3:37 AM

whatabout whatabout?

by Anonymousreply 587October 16, 2018 3:38 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 16, 2018 3:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589October 16, 2018 3:45 AM

Anyone else getting sick of Avenatti? The stuff at R588 is just too much. He's believing his own hype too much at this point.

by Anonymousreply 590October 16, 2018 3:48 AM

I never liked Avenatti, he's trash and I have no idea why DL thought he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 591October 16, 2018 3:56 AM

Absolutely not, R190. I love that he has the balls to attack them and in turn, the Rethugs are absolutely scared shitless of him. If they didn't care, they wouldn't constantly be bringing him up. Look how often they brought him up at the Kav hearings. That alone tells you he gets under their skin and I'm absolutely all for it. As long as he's pissing them off I'm happy for him to continue.

by Anonymousreply 592October 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 16, 2018 4:05 AM

Avenatti is a lightning rod but he is also hurting us. When he first came on the scene and went after Cohen he had a lot of credibility. He's lost a lot of it, IMO and his new political persona may have cost him the case the judge ruled against him with stormy.

by Anonymousreply 594October 16, 2018 4:11 AM

Explain r594

by Anonymousreply 595October 16, 2018 4:13 AM

I see nothing wrong with what Avenatti is doing. At least he's willing to go after them like a rabid dog and he fights back the way they do - that's why they hate him.

I'm sick of people expecting Dems to take the moral high ground. Going higher is part of the reason we're where we are.

by Anonymousreply 596October 16, 2018 4:16 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597October 16, 2018 4:27 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 598October 16, 2018 4:27 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 599October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 600October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

out.

by Anonymousreply 601October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

Link to new thread below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602October 16, 2018 4:28 AM

Rod negotiated some extra overtime.

by Anonymousreply 603October 16, 2018 6:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!