Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54)

Continued Discussion...

But first we make out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601October 6, 2018 7:55 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 28, 2018 5:36 PM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2018 5:37 PM

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

ThWhen will it Be Mushroom Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/21/18) e Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

A Plea for Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 46 (08/21/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47) (08/22/18)

There is a Treason... Turn, Turn, Turn (The Mueller Investigation Part 48) (08/24/18)

The Voice of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 49) (08/28/18)

The Golden Age of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 50) (09/03/18)

Treasons for Remaining Anonymous (The Mueller Investigation Part 51) (09/08/18)

Hurricane Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 52) (09/16/18)

All Natural Mushroom Treasoning (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (The Mueller Investigation Part 53) (09/22/18)

Treasoning with an Alcoholic (The Mueller Investigation Part 54) (09/28/18)

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2018 5:38 PM

Scalia's death was a big surprise and it could happen again. Let's hope they make the same mistake they did with Justice David Souter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2018 6:22 PM

Brilliant, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2018 6:24 PM

I miss little Toad. I hate looking at both of those ugly faces of christo-fascism.

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2018 6:28 PM

I like beer. Don't you like beer? I like beer!

by Anonymousreply 7September 28, 2018 6:31 PM

brilliant and appropriate title, OP.

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 8September 28, 2018 6:39 PM

Will Kavanaugh make it through next week?

by Anonymousreply 9September 28, 2018 6:42 PM

R9 You know the Dems are fired up to find more dirt on the guy before the floor vote. The least they can do is massively shame all the GOP senators who cast the final votes for this scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 10September 28, 2018 6:55 PM

Dramatic slow clap of appreciation to OP for this clever thread title. You, sir or madam, outdo yourself every thread.

by Anonymousreply 11September 28, 2018 6:59 PM

Manchin agreeing to Flake's proposal as well now.

by Anonymousreply 12September 28, 2018 7:04 PM

r12...and Lisa Murkowski.....

by Anonymousreply 13September 28, 2018 7:08 PM

Excellent title.

by Anonymousreply 14September 28, 2018 7:15 PM

Oh, now what? Just a delay for the sake of PR. I want Brett's ass on the bench NOW. Most qualified candidate ever.

by Anonymousreply 15September 28, 2018 7:19 PM

Thanks for the thread, OP!

Great title but I can't with the photo.

Two assholes with butthole mouths. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 16September 28, 2018 7:29 PM

Mark Judge issued a statement saying he'll cooperate with any "confidential" investigation per his attorney.

by Anonymousreply 17September 28, 2018 7:31 PM

Thanks OP! 💕

by Anonymousreply 18September 28, 2018 7:47 PM

Per MSNBC: Sen. Cornyn: There will be an FBI background check on allegations.

by Anonymousreply 19September 28, 2018 7:48 PM

Hm. Why would he need confidentiality to cooperate if theres no there there?

by Anonymousreply 20September 28, 2018 7:52 PM

What an arrogant prick Judge is, r17! Like he has a choice as to whether to cooperate with the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 21September 28, 2018 8:00 PM

Has this been added to the threads?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 28, 2018 8:06 PM

38 days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 28, 2018 8:10 PM

Re R543 from previous thread about the SCOTUS case next month that could jeopardize separate state level charges - If the Kavanaugh rush is to decide this case and avoid state charges for Cheeto and Co., the fact is that Cheeto isn't likely to be indicted by Mueller at least any time soon. None of the Cheeto Klan have been federally indicted either. But the NY state AG is already probing into the Trump foundation and the Trump Organization and will still be able to charge anyone. Manafort faced potential state charges but he is now cooperating so such charges are unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 24September 28, 2018 8:32 PM

It's also about double jeopardy, and I don't see Mueller passing off duplicate federal and state charges. I believe the tax evasion charges, for instance, that Manafort faced were for both fed and state unpaid taxes.

Human trafficking and money laundering charges may be what he's most afraid of. I remember posting quite a while back that it was what I suspected the Trump family's real business was all about because of the obvious nexus of prostitution/hotels/beauty contests/modeling agencies.

by Anonymousreply 25September 28, 2018 8:45 PM

Meanwhile, over at the EPA, science is being actively murdered to ensure christo-fascist support

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 28, 2018 8:57 PM

[quote]What an arrogant prick Judge is, [R17]! Like he has a choice as to whether to cooperate with the FBI.

From my understanding, because this is not a criminal investigation, Judge does indeed have a choice as to whether he wants to answer questions or not since he cannot be compelled to do so.

by Anonymousreply 27September 28, 2018 9:00 PM

Is this credible?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2018 9:40 PM

LOL at Avenatti's "old white men like @tedcruz" in the tweet posted in the last thread. Ted Cruz is less than two months older than Michael Avenatti!

by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2018 9:47 PM

The Mueller investigation is being so overshadowed by this Brett insanity. Good. Mueller is quietly working hard while everyone is distracted.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2018 9:57 PM

We all know what's going to happen now - whenever the truth is revealed about a Rethug they're going to just shout that it's all a lie made up by Dirty Dems to discredit them. And of course Deplorables will eat it all up.

Daddy Drumpf has taught them well.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2018 10:08 PM

The Republicans always play to their followers. They don't give a fuck how the Liberals see them. They see us living in some silly bubble being lied to by the Lamestream media and turn into weaklings who need safe spaces and get triggered by random words. And we Liberal see that as them projecting their own bubble reality onto us.

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2018 10:24 PM

These thread titles are so, so very stupid.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2018 10:27 PM

What's funny is these dorks posing as alpha males have no idea what to do about an actual alpha like Avenatti. I hope he has a sack of filth on everyone. Do you suppose Gloria Alred hates him?

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2018 10:28 PM

R33 is on the short bus.

by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2018 10:47 PM

What the actual fuck???

I posted this on one of the earlier threads:

[quote]"What’s the rush with Kavanaugh you say? Why not investigate? Here is why: So it is now very clear why the GOP is so desperate to get Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court by next month that they would schedule a vote before hearing from Dr. Ford or any other witness that comes forward. BIG STAKES HERE... if you check out SCOTUSblog, you will see that on next month's docket is: Gamble v. U.S., No. 17-646. Issue(s): Whether the Supreme Court should overrule the "separate sovereigns" exception to the double jeopardy clause. They are desperate. The plan was to appoint Kavanaugh early this week so that he would be seated in time for this ruling. It was in the bag. Saves everyone involved from state charges. Not only Trump but all políticos who were knowingly enriched by the $$$ funneled through the NRA into the coffers of McConnell, Graham, Rubio, Ryan, etc. So if Kavanaugh gets appointed he’d effectively vote to stop states from charging Trump or anyone else involved. Obstruction of justice."'

I swear when I looked earlier the facts seem to be in place and this was scheduled for October. I just checked the blog again and now that case has been moved from October to an undetermined date.

Proof they're all trying to fucking obstruct justice.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote]From my understanding, because this is not a criminal investigation, Judge does indeed have a choice as to whether he wants to answer questions or not since he cannot be compelled to do so.

He CAN be subpoenaed, and as a matter of fact a motion was presented exactly to that effect by a democrat committee member- of course, it got shafted.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2018 11:04 PM

We need to applaud those two women that cornholed Flake in the elevator. Whoever they are, thank you.

Now with the FBI investigation the FBI only has to find a suspicion of something gone wrong and it gets reported back to the justice department to investigate independently of the FBI inquiry ordered by Trump.

kavanaugh is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2018 11:15 PM

We need to applaud those two women that cornholed Flake in the elevator. Whoever they are, thank you.

Now with the FBI investigation the FBI only has to find a suspicion of something gone wrong and it gets reported back to the justice department to investigate independently of the FBI inquiry ordered by Trump.

kavanaugh is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2018 11:16 PM

They could become the Rosa Parkses of the MeToo movement.

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2018 11:29 PM

WTF, is everyone out on a date? The FBI has been ordered to investigate and no one is crowing and fist pumping?

I'm doing a happy dance and it's because ol' LDS Flake made the sucker blink!

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2018 11:32 PM

Where's the NYer cartoon of Lady Liberty blocking the elevator door while shifty eyed, crooked nosed Flake stares at his feet? Please, hurry up and draw that.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2018 11:33 PM

Sorry, for some reason the posts didn't all load and I could only see up to R28. I should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2018 11:33 PM

R21, you're forgetting what class these jerks are from. The elite attitude never leaves. I wonder if he'll throw Kav' under the bus with the drinking as payback?

by Anonymousreply 44September 28, 2018 11:36 PM

R36 Is that also a reason the Repugs want Kavanaugh SPECIFICALLY?? They really could have gotten a number of qualified judges, but they seemed intent on him. I also suspect there's another reason I haven't seen or figured out yet.

by Anonymousreply 45September 28, 2018 11:59 PM

All I know is that the two ladies are named Maria. Are they here legally???

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2018 12:25 AM

Kavanaugh must be too imprtant for their right wing agenda or else they would have dropped him for the bad press. But since Trump bad press is all they get anyway.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2018 12:29 AM

I can't remember that much shit coming up in previous SCOTUS candidate hearings and interviews. I mean Antonin Scalia must've been a real piece a work before he joined SCOTUS and that didn't seem to hinder him getting selected.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2018 12:37 AM

[quote]...you're forgetting what class these jerks are from. The elite attitude never leaves.

I read an article yesterday that one of the reasons Blasey Ford is still not being believed in certain circles is that she is now seen as a 'class traitor'. One of the elites taking down one of their own. It simply isn't done. I hope Mueller is the next 'class traitor' to take out his targets.

by Anonymousreply 49September 29, 2018 2:40 AM

I saw a Meme going around by Deplorables that Dems are stupid and don't realize that Mueller is only there to make them feel better and in reality that's all he's doing... biding time to make Dems think he's doing something about a fake Russian thing they believe in.

Talk about delusional.

But then again, these are the same people who believed in Pizzagate.

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2018 2:44 AM

"I saw a Meme going around by Deplorables that Dems are stupid and don't realize that Mueller is only there to make them feel better and in reality that's all he's doing."

If that's what the Deplorables believe, Great!

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Someone researched Kavanaugh's decisions and found that he sided 100% with big business against the little guy.

He is a white privileged corporate whore.

He is an extreme Catholic in his post Jesus meet life.

He would overturn Roe, Lawrence and any number of civil rights protections.

Hell Miss Graham knows that if you repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments, you can re institute slavery.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SETTLED LAW!

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2018 3:09 AM

They just want to cover all of their asses for taking Russian money from the NRA. What does Russia want from us? Because they won't tolerate not getting a return on their investments.

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2018 3:28 AM

I am posting this link here rather than in the Kavanaugh thread because there is a record of time here. Mike Pence lived in Judge’s grandmother’s house until Inauguration Day. I suspect there is a direct link of Russia interference going on here. My guess is that this little puzzle piece eventually will contribute towards evidence that Kavanaugh was paid off (gambling debts?) by Putin/Trussia to ensure that Trump’s treason is not prosecuted successfully in court as a criminal act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2018 4:42 AM

That's an interesting thread R54 but I really don't see how he gets tied into it other than coincidence at this point.

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2018 5:14 AM

r54, per your link, Judge's family did not own the house while Pence lived there. They had sold it previously. So, what do you think is compelling about him living there? People of Judge and Pence's class are only going to feel comfortable living in a limited number of areas, surrounded by other children of the corn. It looks like a not particularly surprising coincidence. And I bet if you dug around more, you'd find most of the red right live in the same 3 neighborhoods and that many live in houses that have previously been owned by other republicans.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2018 5:15 AM

One thing that I found interesting in that link above is the provision in DC. How if the crime happened in DC, basically a crime like that happening to a child, if a child says it happens it happened and there's no need for a witness to corroborate.

That's how I understood it anyway.

But how does that work when the crime was 30+ years ago and how does it work when the parties involved were all minors?

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2018 5:24 AM

At the moment Mike Judge’s grandmother’s/Mike Pence’s house is one of the potential likely locations of Kavanaugh’s sexual assault on Ford.

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2018 5:34 AM

And in non-Kavanaugh, non-Mueller news:

[quote]A federal judge on Friday gave the go-ahead to a lawsuit filed by 200 congressional Democrats against President Donald Trump alleging that Trump has violated the Constitution by doing business with foreign governments while in office.

[quote]The lawsuit is based on the Constitution's emoluments clause, which bars presidents from taking payments from foreign states without Congress's consent. Trump's business, which he still owns, has hosted foreign embassy events and visiting foreign officials at its downtown District of Columbia hotel.

. . .

[quote]In his ruling, Federal Judge Emmet Sullivan agreed with the legislators, writing that they have legal standing to sue and their case can proceed.

[quote]"The Clause requires the President to ask Congress before accepting a prohibited foreign emolument," Sullivan wrote. If the allegations made by Democrats are true, he wrote, then "the President is accepting prohibited foreign emoluments without asking and without receiving a favorable reply from Congress."

[quote]Typically, judges are skeptical when individual legislators seek to sue the president. In this case, Sullivan allowed it, writing that the lawmakers had no where else to turn for a remedy other than the courts.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2018 5:42 AM

r58...ok, and?...You think they'll find DNA 36 years later after multiple owners? My understand from Ford's testimony was that she believed they had been at the house of PJ aka Squee. I'm sure many women have been sexually assaulted in many different houses in fancy D.C. suburbs and I'm equally sure that many repubs in government have lived in and owned many houses that were previously lived in and owned by other republicans in government. It's about as surprising as the children of two colleagues going to the same school or Ford going to the Safeway where Judge worked; in other words, not surprising or suspicious at all. Your factsgirl may want to recalibrate her pattern recognition sensor.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2018 6:10 AM

R59 Well, that's one of the reasons Trump needs Judge Rapist in the SC.

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2018 6:17 AM

Wouldn't it be crazy if there was BK DNA on an article of clothing that Ford saved and hid in the rafters somewhere? Or, someone comes forward with Polaroids of the night in question. I've been watching too much SVU.

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2018 6:24 AM

She was so sweet and cooperative during her testimony that I can see her saying, "Oh, by the way, if it would be helpful or if anyone would like to have it, I do still have the t-shirt I was wearing that day. You see, my grandmother bought it for me and it had sentimental value before everything happened and I just couldn't get rid of it even though it has bad memories attached to it, too, now. You know, if it would help..."

How anyone can look at that slimy, lying, pinch-faced, bloviating piece of shit Kavanaugh versus the seemingly intelligent, caring, kind, helpful, and honest Blasey Ford and take his fucking side is beyond me. Repugs need to burn in their own special hell.

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2018 9:44 AM

Other non-Kavanaugh, non-Mueller news:

The U.S. State Dept. will no longer let same-sex domestic partners of UN employees get visas unless they are married. But only 12% of UN member states allow same-sex marriage.

"Currently accredited same-sex domestic partners of UN officials who wish to maintain their G-4 visa must be ready to submit proof of marriage by 31 December 2018. After 12/31, they will be expected to leave the US within 30 days" if they can't show proof of marriage."

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]We need to applaud those two women that cornholed Flake in the elevator. Whoever they are, thank you.

Flake denied that they had anything to do with his decision. I think it's probably true that they didn't make him reconsider his stance on Kavanaugh -- instead, he realized that the footage of that confrontation would haunt him in future political campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 65September 29, 2018 2:24 PM

I would be pleasantly surprised if the Republicans drop Kavenaugh (or force him to resign on his own), because I have a very low opinion of the Republican Party these days and I fully expect him to be their official new representative at SCOTUS furthering their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 66September 29, 2018 2:29 PM

What future political campaigns, R65? He's a dead man walking, politically.

by Anonymousreply 67September 29, 2018 2:32 PM

WOW, R64, outright homophobia. The Democrats need to make sure this is out there.

by Anonymousreply 68September 29, 2018 2:35 PM

I have heard that Flake wants to challenge Trump in a primary. Assuming the Orange one is still in office.

by Anonymousreply 69September 29, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote]What future political campaigns, [R65]? He's a dead man walking, politically.

No politician ever thinks it's over. Flake will run for president one day, though I think he'll wait until 2024.

by Anonymousreply 70September 29, 2018 2:38 PM

[quote]Flake denied that they had anything to do with his decision. I think it's probably true that they didn't make him reconsider his stance on Kavanaugh -- instead, he realized that the footage of that confrontation would haunt him in future political campaigns.

If he's worried about the footage of the confrontation haunting him---- then the women had everything to do with his decision.

by Anonymousreply 71September 29, 2018 2:43 PM

Just went and looked at that footage. I'd love to put my foot up the ass of his blonde assistant trying to shut those women down. They ignored her. This should be required watching for the whole country.

These women are all of us. We know we matter. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 72September 29, 2018 2:55 PM

This is such a festering cesspool of bloated maggots.

Every old, straight white man in my hood has put up rethug signs. I want to cunt punt every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 73September 29, 2018 3:00 PM

I know I have said it before but to quote Jack Nicholson's Joker:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 29, 2018 3:25 PM

It's homecoming weekend in my neck of the woods. I didn't hear any of the crowd joining in, but the local Republican chair did chant "Confirm Kavanaugh!"

by Anonymousreply 75September 29, 2018 4:25 PM

R75 What a deplorable (red)neck of the woods!

by Anonymousreply 76September 29, 2018 5:00 PM

Advice for R75: move.

by Anonymousreply 77September 29, 2018 5:04 PM

It's a shame really R70. Flake is very handsome with a bland personality so to speak. It surprised me to learn how many women get damp/think about fucking him when they see his cowboy photos and shirtless pics.

The Republican's could have used him as their candidate against Hillary and woulda won. Now that they are the Trump party they have become the party of angry bullies and criminals. Flake will never be President, but he sho is cute.

by Anonymousreply 78September 29, 2018 5:29 PM

I finally watched the video of the elevator confrontation. What stood out to me was Flake repeatedly looking up to see if he was still being filmed. He knew that was going to go viral and he looked sheepish.

by Anonymousreply 79September 29, 2018 6:06 PM

I saw just one moment where he looked attentive, R79, while also pressing buttons as the women blocked the door. A split second is all it took, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 80September 29, 2018 6:13 PM

My take away was what a coward he was trying to close the doors on them and how he wouldn't look at either of them in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 81September 29, 2018 6:37 PM

Yep, R81, you're right. The only time he does is when she demands it and then it's only to glance at the camera as he then looks down again.

Whatever it took I hope he votes against.

by Anonymousreply 82September 29, 2018 7:10 PM

I’m going to try to not be really hard on Jeff Flake. We needed one person to step up, and he did. He could have faded into the woodwork along with the rest of the Nazirepubs but he didn’t. I think it took guts to do what he did. I’m only looking at this single act btw. As a party, every Republican needs to be voted out because they all support the party nonsense but I’m glad at least one of them chose this moment to do the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 83September 29, 2018 8:11 PM

I agree with you, R83, but I don't trust him to vote him down no matter what the FBI comes up with. I read this as more about covering their own asses.

by Anonymousreply 84September 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Does anyone have pix of him before he nose wound up sideways on his face?

by Anonymousreply 85September 29, 2018 8:24 PM

R84 yes.... Would Flake had done the same if he’d been up for re-election? I suspect we may have seen a different outcome.

by Anonymousreply 86September 29, 2018 8:25 PM

No doubt, R86. They have proven what they are. Even this little delay of one week, though a good thing, also provides cover and time for them to discredit more witnesses.

The weekend is early. Expand the scope.

by Anonymousreply 87September 29, 2018 8:40 PM

Follow the money trail of another conservative eyeballs deep in miraculously & suddenly wiped out debt.

by Anonymousreply 88September 29, 2018 8:42 PM

I don't think it's that. I rather believe that they expect the public to grow tired of the Kavenaugh drama and just move on to the next shiny news drama the coming days will provide and they will confirm Kavenaugh while the focus and attention is somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 89September 29, 2018 8:43 PM

R89 I believe they hope that will happen, but I think they’re morons if they think it will.

by Anonymousreply 90September 29, 2018 8:44 PM

Flake stated this morning, that provided the FBI finds nothing, hes voting yes.

by Anonymousreply 91September 29, 2018 8:51 PM

r89....while everyone was glued to Kavanaugh, the House voted for another 3.8 billion dollar tax cut.

by Anonymousreply 92September 29, 2018 8:53 PM

Yep, R92, and they were hoping we wouldn't notice. I did. You did. Guess they failed.

by Anonymousreply 93September 29, 2018 8:55 PM

R91, did he say "nothing"? Republicans have no idea how simple-minded (or actually disingenuous) they sound to an educated or even halfway intelligent public. What the hell does "if they find nothing" even mean in a situation like this? No new charges? No new witnesses? No smoking gun? Is he going to gloss over BK's obvious financial improprieties?

by Anonymousreply 94September 29, 2018 10:06 PM

I sent my congressman (Jeff Merkley) a link to the Mother Jones article. He needs to fully disclose this financial situation. This should have been a much bigger deal in the questioning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 29, 2018 10:13 PM

r94 they're all nose deep in financial crimes, so: yes! that will be one thing ignored across the board. and the reason they have to ignore everything else.

by Anonymousreply 96September 29, 2018 10:20 PM

Social Media is going on focused on making sure people keep calling Collins and Murkowski but I think people need to be reminded to flood Flake's phone, email, social media with messages as well reminding him that he will be hounded and approached for the rest of his life by survivors who will let him know exactly what he's done and how his name will go down in history.

by Anonymousreply 97September 29, 2018 10:22 PM

[quote]He is an extreme Catholic in his post Jesus meet life.

He's the type of guy who wouldn't hesitate to arrange for an abortion for his college girlfriend, but is anti-choice.

[quote]I’m going to try to not be really hard on Jeff Flake. We needed one person to step up, and he did. He could have faded into the woodwork along with the rest of the Nazirepubs but he didn’t. I think it took guts to do what he did.

I see him as having done the bare minimum to appease his conscience. Outlawing abortion is so close he can taste it and he is not going to let that opportunity pass. But he had to do something so that he can continue to think of himself as a godly man.

by Anonymousreply 98September 29, 2018 10:27 PM

r98 have you read about Flake's adorable son, Tanner, who likes to use social media to threaten to beat the shit out of f****ts under the handle "n1ggerkiller"? I hope Flake is not still under any delusions of decency about himself.

by Anonymousreply 99September 29, 2018 10:32 PM

R99 I wouldn't expect anything less from someone named Tanner in AZ.

by Anonymousreply 100September 29, 2018 10:33 PM

Flake asking people to confront him in an elevator anytime at the Global Citizen Festival, cringe-inducing, especially since he's probably going to cave and vote for Kavanaugh anyway.

by Anonymousreply 101September 29, 2018 10:35 PM

[quote][R98] have you read about Flake's adorable son, Tanner, who likes to use social media to threaten to beat the shit out of f****ts under the handle "n1ggerkiller"? I hope Flake is not still under any delusions of decency about himself.

Holy fuck! No, I did not know about that. Never mind what I said then.

by Anonymousreply 102September 29, 2018 10:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 29, 2018 10:46 PM

r103 oh so now he's the one who is suffering so it matters boo fucking hoo scumbag

by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2018 10:52 PM

I hear Tanner's uncle is throwing him a birthday party.

by Anonymousreply 105September 29, 2018 11:00 PM

r105 by "hear" do you mean you're social media stalking the teenage son of a public coward?

by Anonymousreply 106September 29, 2018 11:03 PM

I think you missed the joke, R106.

by Anonymousreply 107September 29, 2018 11:07 PM

R98, R102 - here is the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 29, 2018 11:07 PM

What joke?

by Anonymousreply 109September 29, 2018 11:08 PM

R109 about Tanner's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 110September 29, 2018 11:09 PM

So Trump limited the scope of the FBI and what theyre allowed to look at in this new BI.....no Swetnick (the gang rape...Avenattis client), no Mark Judge employment records from the supermarket, no looking into his drinking, etc......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111September 29, 2018 11:11 PM

The FBI will look into every nook and crannie that's needed. Trump hasn't been a friend to the FBI, to say the least, and if he says don't look there it will sound like an alarm to them.

by Anonymousreply 112September 29, 2018 11:21 PM

So Lindsey is actively trying to push Jeff Sessions out as AG so he can be named himself?

by Anonymousreply 113September 29, 2018 11:22 PM

r111, yeah, we know. Do keep up.

by Anonymousreply 114September 29, 2018 11:23 PM

Somehow, R112, I doubt that. They're not going to use this case to overstep what he tells them to do. It'll just further Drumpf's narrative that they can't be trusted and work rogue and Deep State and Pizza basements.

by Anonymousreply 115September 29, 2018 11:25 PM

r113, he's trying to keep video of himself being fisted by a dozen seven year old Thai boys dressed up as Oompa Loompas from being released. If that means he has to dance, he'll dance. If that means he has to dress up as the AG, he'll pretend to be an AG. Oh and they're all terrified of being sent away for life for money laundering, but the Senatrix is a fucking drama queen AND a go-getter.

by Anonymousreply 116September 29, 2018 11:26 PM

The thing is, they FBI may be limited in who they can approach to interview but once people start being interviewed, they are not limited in following where the information leads. I heard a former FBI agent say to someone on MSNBC the other night that an FBI investigation is like a beast, once it is released, you don't know where it will go and nothing can stop it.

by Anonymousreply 117September 29, 2018 11:42 PM

The FBI is an independent agency and though its director is appointed by the POTUS, the agency does not answer to him.

by Anonymousreply 118September 29, 2018 11:45 PM

Thank you, r117, I had been wondering about that.

by Anonymousreply 119September 29, 2018 11:47 PM

r117 sure but that info will not be allowed to be submitted in their report and the senate will "make their decision" based only on what's in the report, which will be nothing, as is the intention.

by Anonymousreply 120September 29, 2018 11:48 PM

The FBI will put all of their findings in the report. I have no doubt the White House will try to redact or edit things but they will not be able to because the entire Senate will also be given the report. The FBI will not edit their findings.

by Anonymousreply 121September 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Black out drinking is related to the sexual assaults they are investigating, isn’t it? And he probably lied outright to the Senators about that.

by Anonymousreply 122September 29, 2018 11:54 PM

Both Senators from South Carolina are single fellas. Tim Scott is 53 and is described by his wikipedia page as "unmarried" and "a devout evangelical Christian." Do we have a case here of two gay senators, one of them African American? South Carolina may be more enlightened than I'd thought!

by Anonymousreply 123September 30, 2018 12:08 AM

I should add that Tim Scott is afflicted with gay face (gummy subdivision), though not as bad a one as la Sénatrice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 30, 2018 12:10 AM

So Avenatti's client is not included in the FBI investigation? Oh well then Avenatti needs to bring his client and her charges out on his own I guess; a nice lawsuit in Maryland wouldn't be a bad thing either.

GO AVENATTI!

by Anonymousreply 125September 30, 2018 12:20 AM

Was Swetnick's incident in Maryland? I thought that one was in college. Or was that just the dick in the face one?

by Anonymousreply 126September 30, 2018 12:39 AM

If there was any justice in the world, a group of women would strip Kavanaugh naked and throw his ass down the capital steps while throwing beer cans at him.

by Anonymousreply 127September 30, 2018 12:41 AM

Avenatti's client Swetnick, claims she knew Kavanaugh and Judge when they were still in high school. So it would fall within the laws of Maryland I believe.

by Anonymousreply 128September 30, 2018 12:47 AM

Let's not forget Mark Judge's former girlfriend who says Judge guiltily confided to her that in high school he had, in fact, participated in train-running on girls with other boys from his Georgetown Prep (she didn't say that he named any of them).

by Anonymousreply 129September 30, 2018 12:52 AM

Avenatti keeps saying that he might consider legal action later on, but why isn't he doing anything now? You do realize that the Republicans are just waiting for this week and then regardless of what the FBI finds, they are determined to vote for Kavanaugh to be on the Supreme Court, right? Yes, even Flake.

Unless the FBI finds something jaw dropping all this is going to do is delay the inevitable for another week.

by Anonymousreply 130September 30, 2018 1:01 AM

OMG, r124. Those gums are revolting. Can't anything be done about that?

by Anonymousreply 131September 30, 2018 1:45 AM

R130 I was just reading The Hoarse Whisperer, and he was saying that what Avenatti is doing this week is falling right into a Rethug trap. I can’t decide. I’ve been a fan of his and still am, but it’s all making me nervous. The fact that the FBI can’t talk to his client is highly problematic.....but does anyone know, is it LEGAL to restrict an investigation in this way? I can’t understand how it’s legal to restrict investigators this dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 132September 30, 2018 3:02 AM

Now they are saying the White House says there are no restrictions on the investigation. This is the only White House, ever, that can lie on both sides of one issue at the same time so I have no idea if it's true.

by Anonymousreply 133September 30, 2018 3:59 AM

Link please R133

by Anonymousreply 134September 30, 2018 4:08 AM

Yes, please link that, R133. We need to hold their feet to the fire if that's true.

by Anonymousreply 135September 30, 2018 4:11 AM

To think that these people will all be in church tomorrow is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 136September 30, 2018 4:26 AM

If it’s any consolation, those tax breaks for the rich will be paid for with the broken backs of deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 137September 30, 2018 4:28 AM

I’m surprised deplorables don’t campaign for their own pay deductions at this point.

“I don’t need Heath insurance either. I’ll just work for free to counter the tariffs. Here, take the shirt off my back.”

by Anonymousreply 138September 30, 2018 4:30 AM

Nope, no news site is reporting what R133 said.

by Anonymousreply 139September 30, 2018 4:59 AM

It's all over the news, r139.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 30, 2018 5:08 AM

I’m having trouble nailing down the Vegas odds even in the days of high speed Internet.

All reports seem to be from a few days ago.

My guess would be somewhere around 50-50 at this point.

Polls, on the other hand, are in the democrats favor at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 141September 30, 2018 5:13 AM

They are playing hanky panky with the media.

by Anonymousreply 142September 30, 2018 5:18 AM

Guess which country just got added to the "Shithole Countries" list?

by Anonymousreply 143September 30, 2018 5:38 AM

Why some of you can't find a link when a search for 'Trump FBI' has it as the leading story on the entire first page of results I'll never understand but I do love it when you have attitudes about your inability to find common knowledge, R139. Here's another link in case you don't like the LA Times link someone posted above.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 30, 2018 5:45 AM

R78, almost good enough for homosexual website.

You are getting better.

Spasiba Bolshoi

by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2018 5:47 AM

Trump is a liar. I wouldn't be surprised if he says one thing to the press and something totally different to the FBI. He probably picked the FBI investigation team himself based on Giuliani's reccomendations.

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2018 5:48 AM

Interesting that he would now say that they have free reign... either it's total bullshit and they just want the public to think that every avenue was reviewed and nothing was uncovered or...

They've actually got some new plan and they no longer care about Kav.

by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2018 5:58 AM

It’s free “rein”. Reign describes a royalty ruling over subjects.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2018 6:22 AM

It's called voice to text. Sorry, deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2018 6:30 AM

R148

by Anonymousreply 150September 30, 2018 6:31 AM

I accept your apology.

by Anonymousreply 151September 30, 2018 6:34 AM

Clear some more cookies R151, lol.

by Anonymousreply 152September 30, 2018 6:35 AM

Trolls are out in full effect. Must be worried.

by Anonymousreply 153September 30, 2018 6:37 AM

Ugly and uglier

by Anonymousreply 154September 30, 2018 6:46 AM

The FBI would love to dig up some new dirt on Kavanaugh. They would love to get even with Trump for badmouthing them all the time. Payback is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 155September 30, 2018 6:49 AM

The FBIs job is to investigate. Believe it or not the agency isn't partisan or political. The men and women are loyal to the constitution. They are not out to get trump or kavanaugh. They are after the facts.

by Anonymousreply 156September 30, 2018 7:18 AM

Haha you sure about that R156?

by Anonymousreply 157September 30, 2018 7:50 AM

What kills me is that the FBI has background checked him 6 times before AND NEVER READ HIS YEARBOOK?

That's bullshit.

Did they not care he was a drunken rapist?

by Anonymousreply 158September 30, 2018 8:22 AM

I presume the FBI doesn't dig deep by default when it comes to Republicans and their supporters. And they stay down when a Republican bashes them in public.

by Anonymousreply 159September 30, 2018 8:58 AM

All the investigators can stop right now because what Kavanaugh has shown the world already is that- when push comes to shove- he is not SCOTUS material. This scandal simply provided a shortcut to that conclusion.

His demeanor was inappropriate for any job interview, let alone one for the Supreme Court of the United States. His victimhood ("You have destroyed my fee-amily!") was an embarrassment for the entire country. What he said and the manner in which he said it was appalling.

Same goes for Sissey Graham. They obviously were coached for weeks. I'm sure Trump thought they were very, very incredibly wonderful performances.

He's a rich, spoiled babyman who has always gotten what he wants. When it looked like he wasn't going to get this he threw a tantrum.

He. Is. Not. Qualified.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 30, 2018 9:20 AM

Matt Damon as Kavenaugh, SNL opener, nails it.

by Anonymousreply 161September 30, 2018 10:27 AM

KAVA NO

KAVA NOPE

KAVA NEVER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 30, 2018 10:39 AM

[quote]he's trying to keep video of himself being fisted by a dozen seven year old Thai boys dressed up as Oompa Loompas from being released. If that means he has to dance, he'll dance. If that means he has to dress up as the AG, he'll pretend to be an AG. Oh and they're all terrified of being sent away for life for money laundering, but the Senatrix is a fucking drama queen AND a go-getter.

Liessssss! Mendacity! Those young gentlemen were eight years old if they were a day.

by Anonymousreply 163September 30, 2018 10:53 AM

His performance was “strength” to Trump and the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 164September 30, 2018 1:17 PM

I think Kavanaugh will go away quietly.

by Anonymousreply 165September 30, 2018 1:33 PM

Kava -- nah.

by Anonymousreply 166September 30, 2018 2:48 PM

exactly R160. His has 0 judicial temperment

by Anonymousreply 167September 30, 2018 2:51 PM

Tim Scott looks like a black version of Ms. Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 168September 30, 2018 2:51 PM

On the bad side, Clarence Thomas has sat on the court for 2 decades+. So maybe Kavanaugh just figures he eyed only get on, and he’s safe. Maybe the reason he never says anything, is to avoid scrutiny that reflects on his history as a pag?

by Anonymousreply 169September 30, 2018 3:03 PM

I wish Flake would realign his nose.

by Anonymousreply 170September 30, 2018 3:07 PM

Putting aside his rapey past for a second .... he THREATENED the US Senate!!!! "What goes around comes around." In his hearings following up to Friday, he bobbed and weaved around any hot-button political issue by saying he's a sitting judge and he wants to stay "three area codes away" from anything that would have the appearance of impartiality. Then Friday he THREATENED the Democrats in front of the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 171September 30, 2018 3:20 PM

Omg I would so marry the woman in r103...

Why can’t I find a nice a woman like that? Mom says I’m a good catch 😉

by Anonymousreply 172September 30, 2018 3:27 PM

Lol r127. Fun thought

by Anonymousreply 173September 30, 2018 3:29 PM

Graham made me want to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 174September 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Kavanaugh has already been paid over $200,000 (that gosh-darn credit card debt) so his employers are not going to allow him to quit his attempt to get on the bench until they have played this out.

by Anonymousreply 175September 30, 2018 5:18 PM

Saw the screaming, Antebellum, not-so-closeted aged Queen on ABC this morning.

Please TV programmers, get that insulting character off TV news. It's much of the day, every day. Then, anchors have to show clips of her or quote her. Enough! At least she could stick with Fox which I refuse to watch.

And this endeavor of CNN again interviewing, regularly, Kellyanne Conway is very annoying. Listening to deflections, nonsense, and propaganda is not what I call news.

by Anonymousreply 176September 30, 2018 9:43 PM

Treason bump

by Anonymousreply 177October 1, 2018 12:45 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 178October 1, 2018 1:47 AM

Emphasis on the nonsense, r176. I immediately switched off George this morning when Lindsey's mug defiled my TV screen.

by Anonymousreply 179October 1, 2018 1:52 AM

Does anyone know if Kavanaugh's wife is from money? Or, if someone died and left them an inheritance over the last few years? I just don't want us to make a big deal out of the seeming money issues and have it blow up in our face if his wife inherited a million dollars last year or something like that. Although, I'm sure the dumbfuck would have mentioned something like that to cover his ass.

by Anonymousreply 180October 1, 2018 1:54 AM

I’ve wonderrd the same r180. I know his mother was a judge but never heard his father’s career. They only had Brett, both were professionals, it’s definitely possible that they just have a lot of money and continue to bail out their grown ass son.

But either way, we need to know — who would embarrass you more for paying off your bad debts — Boris or Mommy? Either way it’s not a good look. I have been DYING for a reporter to find out those three big questions. 1) who gave him the house down payment, 2) who paid the $95k country club fee, and 3) who paid off the plastic? Someone needs to find this out right fucking now.

by Anonymousreply 181October 1, 2018 3:33 AM

Here’s a little

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 1, 2018 3:35 AM

Looks like his father and grandfather both did Yale, the family appears in what I think is a DC social register. What the fuck did his father n grandpappy do for careers?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183October 1, 2018 3:38 AM

More on the family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Why does he seemingly lie about inconsequential, stupid things that can easily be verified.

"I got into Yale without connections..."

Why lie about that when it's so easy to uncover?

by Anonymousreply 185October 1, 2018 3:58 AM

According to the Mother Jones article on Kavanaugh's finances that has been posted several times, Kavanaugh's attorney father was a lobbyist for the cosmetics industry. There's a lot of money to be made in lobbying (it's also easy to channel money through lobbyists); presumably that's where the family scratch comes from.

by Anonymousreply 186October 1, 2018 4:06 AM

Even if he legitimately paid off the debt suddenly, I think the fact that he was in that much debt in the first place is a problem. Just another sign of the preening asshole he is.

by Anonymousreply 187October 1, 2018 5:34 AM

My hope is that the repukes will be unable to seat a SC judge before the midterms when the Democrats seize the congress and senate. Then, Mueller will reveal the results of the investigations and they will prove that trump and many repuke congressmen are criminals beholden to the Russians and the 2016 elections will be declared invalid. Trump and the whole criminal lot, along with his appointees, will be swept from office. Democrats will take control and reintroduce sanity to the nation.

I can't believe the lying deplorable repukes are trying to rush through the appointment of such a despicable, biased, creep like Kavenaugh. Shame on all of them. May my hopes come true.

by Anonymousreply 188October 1, 2018 5:50 AM

R188 Even if half of that came true, I'd be satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 189October 1, 2018 6:15 AM

Bump for Trump press conference happening right now.

by Anonymousreply 190October 1, 2018 4:29 PM

Did trump just announce that he’s caught the Senatrice in flagrante delicto?

by Anonymousreply 191October 1, 2018 4:33 PM

Live Video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 1, 2018 4:35 PM

I can't remember where I read this, but apparently the Senate GOPs contingency plan if the nomination fails and Senate control flips is to do nothing for two years. Just let the seat remain vacant.

They must think both things are within the realm of possibility if this is being talked about.

by Anonymousreply 193October 1, 2018 4:59 PM

Ok that's fucking insane so both his father and grandfather went to Yale and he lied to the Senate and millions of people watching saying he got into Yale with no connections. I mean....I wouldn't let someone like that walk my dog.

by Anonymousreply 194October 1, 2018 5:03 PM

Someone is finally digging in to Devin Nunes. The family farm was moved from California to Iowa a decade ago, but they've tried to hide that from California voters. And they keep it going by using undocumented workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 1, 2018 5:40 PM

Nunes is despicable. He belongs in jail, not congress.

by Anonymousreply 196October 1, 2018 5:45 PM

R193 If Kavanugh fails, the SC nomination ball will still be in Trump's court if he doesn't get impeached, that is. He overplayed his hand with this faulty crony nomination at the 11th hour of GOP full control of Congress. But that's a typical Trump dick move... try to bluff his way through by being an overbearing bully, and then claim victory if that play works, but if that fails, he will play the victim or the fool, and maybe do something less shitty next time depending on his power status at that time.

by Anonymousreply 197October 1, 2018 6:17 PM

[quote][R193] If Kavanugh fails, the SC nomination ball will still be in Trump's court if he doesn't get impeached, that is.

Democrats with a Senate majority would never advance someone like Kavanaugh. When control flipped in 2006, the Bush White House was told "Send more moderate judges or don't waste your time."

by Anonymousreply 198October 1, 2018 6:56 PM

[quote]The FBI would love to dig up some new dirt on Kavanaugh. They would love to get even with Trump for badmouthing them all the time. Payback is a bitch.

They would love to however they're not allowed to.

by Anonymousreply 199October 1, 2018 6:59 PM

R198 If it's a Dem Senate majority, Trump is just a lame duck with the Dems heating up the oven. He can forget about any nominations that he has any vested interest in.

by Anonymousreply 200October 1, 2018 7:02 PM

Bumpity bump for Brett

by Anonymousreply 201October 1, 2018 7:11 PM

Lying Trump lies again. Remember the "investigators" he sent to Hawaii who had very interesting things to say about Obama's birth certificate? Yeah, this is like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 1, 2018 7:12 PM

I suspect that what he is saying that he thinks is so "compromising" is that he's seen a Senator drunk. Well, who hasn't?

by Anonymousreply 203October 1, 2018 7:23 PM

R202 Says the one who paid off a prostitute to cover up his infidelity before the election.

by Anonymousreply 204October 1, 2018 7:30 PM

r201, fascinating contribution...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 1, 2018 7:31 PM

Trump is sending Mel to visit "shit hole" countries. LMAO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206October 1, 2018 7:37 PM

Thanks for the links at R182, R183, and R184 that provide some background on Kavanaugh. I love how the deplorables, who openly despise and endlessly rage against "the elites", bend over backwards to defend this prep-school educated, Ivy League legacy. As if Kavanaugh and his kind would give those yokels the time of day. Well, perhaps he [italic]would[/italic] pay [italic]some[/italic] attention to their 15 year-old daughters, if only for the couple of minutes it takes for him to fumble at their bra straps, turn up the music, cover their mouths with his Cheeto-dusted hands, and dry hump them until he dribbles a scant teaspoon of his watered-down, sour ejaculate into his skid-marked briefs.

by Anonymousreply 207October 1, 2018 7:39 PM

R205 - Could but won't.

by Anonymousreply 208October 1, 2018 7:41 PM

R206, so what about USAID are they trying to distract from? Some horrid new policy? Slashing of funding?

by Anonymousreply 209October 1, 2018 7:52 PM

Melanoma is probably being sent to do a little espionage exchange.

by Anonymousreply 210October 1, 2018 7:55 PM

Drumpf just stated that Kav had a drinking "difficulty," lol. Unbelievable .

by Anonymousreply 211October 1, 2018 8:46 PM

R211 Just like Trump has a cheating/lying "difficulty"... boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 212October 1, 2018 9:00 PM

[quote]Someone is finally digging in to Devin Nunes.

That was quite a story -- not just about Nunes, but also about the Iowans who back Trump even though what he wants to do re: immigration would literally destroy their livelihoods. It's a strange world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 213October 1, 2018 9:04 PM

Kav was texting witnesses asking them to refute claims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 1, 2018 9:59 PM

r213, that is the lengths that whites will go not to surrender power to the demographic shift.

by Anonymousreply 215October 1, 2018 10:07 PM

r215 Us whites are stupid to think we will lose much power any time for decades. Even when whites fall below 49% it won't be for decades and they will still be the largest group- by far. The trends will slow as anyway. I bet whites don't lose their majority status for a few decades longer than everyone thinks. This huge fear that whites have that they will be a vast minority soon is comical if it wasn't sad.

by Anonymousreply 216October 1, 2018 10:10 PM

Multi-millionaire Republican Senator Chuck Grassley, with a net worth of $3.3 million, has applied for Trump’s Farmer bailout funds. Grassley helped design and push for this bailout. He's already accepted over $400,000 in farming subsidies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217October 1, 2018 10:32 PM

r217 How is this shit legal? Fucking grifters every one of them!

Treasonous assholes, all of the Repugs!

by Anonymousreply 218October 1, 2018 10:34 PM

Maybe Melanoma (Fake boobs! Fake boobs!) will return from Africa with several adopted orphans like Angelina or Madonna did. Lady Bountiful spreads her plastic bosoms and embraces the children.

by Anonymousreply 219October 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Comm here my leetle cheeldrens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 1, 2018 11:10 PM

Melania dearest, pack a variety of wide-brimmed hats. Also, if you're wondering about appropriate host/hostess gifts, a goat always does the trick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 1, 2018 11:24 PM

I hope Melania contracts malaria. Or The Dreaming Death.

by Anonymousreply 222October 1, 2018 11:29 PM

I thought her name WAS Malaria - she was named after the disease wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 223October 1, 2018 11:44 PM

r222 It was clarified to be Springfield, Illinois, dear, do keep up! :)

by Anonymousreply 224October 1, 2018 11:52 PM

The investigation has been expanded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225October 2, 2018 12:05 AM

R214, isn't that witness tampering? He could be disbarred???

by Anonymousreply 226October 2, 2018 12:22 AM

Hahaha, R226. Why would you think there would be consequences?

by Anonymousreply 227October 2, 2018 12:28 AM

I didn't want to link to the NYT so here's a different link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 2, 2018 12:32 AM

r218....Trump applied for 9/11 aid ....and got it.....and there was NO damage to his building....his building isnt even close. The entire GOP are corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 229October 2, 2018 12:36 AM

OP you seriously couldn't have picked a better title for this period.

by Anonymousreply 230October 2, 2018 12:38 AM

Kav told the committee in one of the transcripts they released he'd never spoken to anyone about the Ramirez allegations, so that's another time he lied. Jeff Flake said if Kav had been found to have lied to the committee his nomination was over. Should we take bets on whether Flake lives up to that tough talk or not?

by Anonymousreply 231October 2, 2018 12:45 AM

R231... texts and emails isn't "speaking" to anyone. No lies! Fake news!

by Anonymousreply 232October 2, 2018 12:47 AM

I think he is toast. trump even stated Kavanaugh drank too much.

Then there is the witness tampering.

I wonder if he'll have to pay his loan off now to who ever wiped them clean.

by Anonymousreply 233October 2, 2018 12:48 AM

Unfortunately, R229 that might not be correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 2, 2018 12:49 AM

Trump was such an asshole to that Latina journalist. He had this shit-eating grin on his face. What the fuck does HE have to smile and laugh about? He really does think he's the "teflon don", and that there will be no repercussions , nor consequences, from his lies and criminal acts. Mueller has GOT to take that mother fucker down! I live to see him in an orange jumpsuit, with shackles on his wrists and ankles! If there is ANY justice in this world, his treasonous ass should be held accountable!

by Anonymousreply 235October 2, 2018 1:17 AM

Joke's on you, fuckers! I've orchestrated this whole spectacle so that I won't get confirmed, and then I'll have more time to indulge in my third favourite pastime: guzzling piss-like domestic beer. (After boufing and Devil's Triangles, of course.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236October 2, 2018 1:29 AM

[quote]He really does think he's the "teflon don", and that there will be no repercussions , nor consequences, from his lies and criminal acts.

He thinks it because so far he has been. Same as Kav.

by Anonymousreply 237October 2, 2018 1:30 AM

[quote]R21 Like he has a choice as to whether to cooperate with the FBI.

I think he might. I have seen the word “invited” used. My thinking is It makes someone look guilty as ALL HELL to decline to be interviewed by the FBI, but it may be one of those situations like where the person on LAW & ORDER says “Are you charging me with a crime? No? Then call my lawyer.”

I don’t know that in this case they can FORCE someone to participate (?)

by Anonymousreply 238October 2, 2018 1:43 AM

R236 Why is this joker still holding on to his fading nomination? Even if he got confirmed, outraged feminist protesters will follow him around for life. It would make the "ambush" on the Senators seem like child play. It would disrupt the SC itself to have this unfit and controversial joker on the bench. Are these GOP idiots so dense? They don't have an authoritarian state yet, so no way could they get away with an unpopular confirmation without serious consequences.

by Anonymousreply 239October 2, 2018 1:44 AM

r234.....Thats says exactly what I said....

Our ruling

Crowley said Trump "cashed in, collecting $150,000 in federal funds intended to help small businesses recover — even though days after the attack Trump said his properties were not affected."

Trump did receive a grant for his building at 40 Wall Street, which was less than a mile away from the Trade Center, but the property was eligible under the grant criteria.

He also did say in 2001 that his properties were not affected by the attack, although he likely meant physically. The grant also provided compensation for economic losses.

by Anonymousreply 240October 2, 2018 1:49 AM

Thanks for the link, R195. I especially love that Devin Nunes' family dairy farm, which relies on illegal work by undocumented workers to survive, is located in Iowa's 4th Congressional District, which is represented by the rabidly anti-immigrant, white supremacist Republican Steve King.

Ya just can't make this shit up!

by Anonymousreply 241October 2, 2018 2:04 AM

Small comfort but this is the first time in their lives Brett and Dump have been held accountable for anything they've done.

by Anonymousreply 242October 2, 2018 2:49 AM

I'd like some reporter to check out the vineyard dopey devin is invested in and which has Russian connections. Why is it the media always goes halfway in reporting. Stupid fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 243October 2, 2018 3:35 AM

Listening to repukes rant about Democrats these days makes me begin to feel like what it means to be a minority in their eyes. They talk about Democrats with dismissive disdain and are demonizing Democrats the same way they marginalized Blacks, gays, women, Mexicans and others who don't fit their white upper class mold. They spit out the word "liberal" like being liberal is worse than being a terrorist. People like Hannity, scum trump, McConnell, and Kavenaugh, they talk about Democrats like we're evil, criminal beings, when it they who are pulling all the dirty tricks. They are truly trying to gaslight Democrats to sow chaos and ram through a hateful agenda that no one wants but the 1%, bigots, and idiots. What in hell is their end game? Do they really think we can't see what they're doing?

by Anonymousreply 244October 2, 2018 6:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 2, 2018 6:26 AM

R37, It's "Democratic."

R38, It's simply "cornered."

by Anonymousreply 246October 2, 2018 6:56 AM

Republicans main scheme is "us vs. them" distraction. There cannot be any compromise because the sides are so damn different that any ground lost means the terrorists have won! This hyperbole rethoric is what fucks with people's minds who let themselves get fucked by the GOP and the media.

by Anonymousreply 247October 2, 2018 7:51 AM

Yertle McTurtle doesn't want the hurdle.

by Anonymousreply 248October 2, 2018 10:16 AM

The Wall Street Journal reports today that Trump personally directed an effort in February to stop Stormy Daniels from publicly describing an alleged sexual encounter with Trump. Trump instructed his then-lawyer Michael Cohen to seek a restraining order against the former adult-film actress, and to coordinate the legal response with Eric Trump and another outside lawyer who had represented Trump and the Trump Organization in other matters.

This, despite earlier White House claims that Trump knew nothing about payments and the National Enquirer, that he was not aware of payments made to Daniels beforehand, and that Cohen acted totally on his own.

Also: roping in your son to help cover up your affair with a porn star? What a family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 2, 2018 1:51 PM

Cocaine Mitch cannot shrink into his shell fast enough as he is followed by three women of color who are all survivors of sexual assault at National Airport yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 2, 2018 4:06 PM

R240 - why does this surprise anyone? I read an article in Vanity Fair about Trump.

He made sure he could get a farm grant for one of golf courses by putting animals on it (can't remember if he was sheep or goats).????

Cheap bastard who gets away with shit (so far).

by Anonymousreply 251October 2, 2018 4:18 PM

^ it

by Anonymousreply 252October 2, 2018 4:18 PM

What kills me is that the FBI has background checked him 6 times before AND NEVER CAME ACROSS THE INFO ABOUT THE BAR FIGHT?

by Anonymousreply 253October 2, 2018 4:52 PM

A protest of the Kavanaugh nomination from celebs is planned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 2, 2018 4:54 PM

R253 They were probably told to do a routine check, not actually dig up dirt like they should to ensure a clean and qualified nominee. I mean if dirty Trump can get through all the checks to become the President, the FBI itself has been internally compromised severely.

by Anonymousreply 255October 2, 2018 5:05 PM

And now a few insane words from Joni Ernst...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 2, 2018 5:58 PM

R249, and now we know why he is a VERIFIED unindicted co-conspirator.

by Anonymousreply 257October 2, 2018 6:19 PM

I just heard a clip of Drumpf saying that if Kav lied to Congress it should disqualify him...

Is he prepping to cut him loose?

by Anonymousreply 258October 2, 2018 6:24 PM

If only. He was probably talking about Ford, not Kav.

by Anonymousreply 259October 2, 2018 6:26 PM

Ford isn't being nominated to anything so the "disqualifying" part wouldn't make sense.

by Anonymousreply 260October 2, 2018 6:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 2, 2018 7:18 PM

If the FBI uncovered any allegations from Kavanaughs past, it is likely included in the BI.....its up to Trump, and Dom McGahn (a close friend of Kavanaugh) to relay that information to Congress....and you know it was heavily redacted....if not by the WH, then by the GOP. Theres a reason McConnell, Grassley, et al are trying to obfuscate the process.

by Anonymousreply 262October 2, 2018 7:20 PM

r262, the democrats have insisted they be briefed by the FBI directly and at least 24hrs before any scheduled vote.

by Anonymousreply 263October 2, 2018 7:22 PM

r262, why do you keep posting about shit you're making no effort whatsoever to stay informed of? What is it you think you contribute to the discussion by injecting your opinions on imaginary circumstances? You keep doing this. All over the board. You should spend more time reading and less time writing.

by Anonymousreply 264October 2, 2018 7:24 PM

r263....I know that. I was responding to the posters who were questioning how these accusations could be overlooked by the previous 6 BI.....

r264...fuck off....Im more than informed and have been following this saga since the very first reports before the primaries were concluded. If you think for one second Trump or anyone in his administration has been honest about ANYTHING regarding any of his nominations or policies, then you need to be the one educating yourself. McGahn is corrupt a political operative as Kavanaugh is and if youre paying attention you would realize there things theyve known about and hidden regarding Kavanaugh....and its starting to leak out.

by Anonymousreply 265October 2, 2018 7:30 PM

R265 it's funny that R264 felt the need to post that considering their history is primarily made up of bitching about what other people are posting.

by Anonymousreply 266October 2, 2018 7:39 PM

FBI investigation complete tomorrow (!), voter later this week.

WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 2, 2018 7:42 PM

So the FBI gives Kavanaugh a clean bill of health and all the Republicans put him on the Supreme Court. It was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 268October 2, 2018 7:46 PM

So...what next after this guy is seated. They continue to get their way. How far down the theocratic fascist road are the going to go? Will concentration camps (other than for migrant children) and genocide be in the cards in their coming cleanse of society? I can't imagine the horrors that are in store.

by Anonymousreply 269October 2, 2018 8:01 PM

R268 The FBI let Trump become nominee and president without so much as a squeak, and even did a Tonya Harding on Hillary just before the election. I just assume the FBI is compromised and beholden to Team Trump.

by Anonymousreply 270October 2, 2018 8:09 PM

NYT: Trump Committed Outright Fraud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 2, 2018 8:11 PM

APNewsBreak: The Trump administration is quietly moving to weaken U.S. radiation regulations, turning to scientific outliers who argue that a bit of radiation damage is actually good for you.

by Anonymousreply 272October 2, 2018 8:13 PM

Why, sure it is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 2, 2018 8:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 2, 2018 8:35 PM

THank you R274. I'm so glad she is continuing to speak out. I learn every time I listen to her.

You know, it was so easy to fuck us. So easy They've spent millions on focus groups and people lie Frank Luntz and Karl Rove designing "strategies" and it was clear and simple and easy from the get go: Give us bread and circuses, give us someone to hate, someone who will scare us, and make sure people feel disappointed, discouraged and demoralized. That's it . That's how the Republicans, a minority party of special interests, convince people to support them.

by Anonymousreply 275October 2, 2018 9:11 PM

It appears that the federal fiscal year 2019 (started yesterday) Department of Health and Human Services legislation may make it illegal to provide health insurance that includes abortion coverage to anyone whose salary is supported via grant (NIH, CDC, HRSA, etc.) funds.

by Anonymousreply 276October 2, 2018 9:38 PM

GOD that's sick, r276. Sick.

by Anonymousreply 277October 2, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote] the FBI itself has been internally compromised severely.

Obviously, and there are probably similar compromised factions in the CIA and armed forces as well. We are watching internecine warfare, agitated by an outside actor - Russia. The second Civil War is well underway and the Rebs are winning so far.

by Anonymousreply 278October 2, 2018 9:47 PM

FYI: Trump is currently mocking the claims of sexual assault by Dr. Ford at his rally (wherever the fuck it is in Flyoveria this week).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 3, 2018 12:52 AM

He mocked a man with disabilities during the campaign, why should this surprise anybody?

Trump is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 280October 3, 2018 12:59 AM

R280

by Anonymousreply 281October 3, 2018 1:01 AM

I just want him to keel over and fucking DIE, already.

by Anonymousreply 282October 3, 2018 1:01 AM

^ preach. I have never hated anyone like this before — I am a bitter rage-filled cunt. I fucking HATE HIM.

by Anonymousreply 283October 3, 2018 1:07 AM

Evil dies hard, r282, and that fat ,orange fuck (as well as people like McConnell, Kavanaugh, Jr. Mint, etc.) will all be hanging around with the cockroaches and my ex-husband, after the nuclear holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 284October 3, 2018 1:08 AM

With part of the NYT article about how Trump undervalued property to avoid taxes, you have to realize he does this even today....hes always challenging the value of his properties...even for property tax....often claiming they are worth one fourth of their actual value.

by Anonymousreply 285October 3, 2018 1:33 AM

He’s a malignant tumor

by Anonymousreply 286October 3, 2018 1:47 AM

I take offense!

by Anonymousreply 287October 3, 2018 2:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288October 3, 2018 2:42 AM

R288, how could they have untangled this web so fast. Take your time, Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 289October 3, 2018 2:46 AM

I’ve altered my wish. Instead I want him to suffer a massive brain aneurysm at a rally covered live on Fox News. And I want him to suffer for years from it. And he looks on helplessly as Jr, Eric, Ivanka and Jared are all carted off to prison, his wife bangs her latest fucktoy in front of him and Barron taunts him relentlessly.

by Anonymousreply 290October 3, 2018 3:15 AM

Something like this, R282 ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291October 3, 2018 3:29 AM

R288's article about two of the prosecutor's on Mueller's team leaving is a bit disingenuous. These were the prosecutors that were doing the Manafort case. Their job is pretty much done. He could very well hire two replacements tomorrow. I see no evidence in that article that this means anything about the Russia investigation winding down.

by Anonymousreply 292October 3, 2018 3:43 AM

[quote]how could they have untangled this web so fast. Take your time, Mueller.

I don't think anything about the timing would be fast.

This isn't 1972 and modern technology like emails, cell phones, and high speed computers exist now. I don't think this would have the same timeline as Watergate and if we, the public, can easily see the crimes Trump possibly committed being discussed in print; then Mueller's people probably already knew three times as much about them, way before we did.

I agree with R292 that the headline is a bit misleading. As R292 said the article is about 2 of the people who handled Manafort leaving. Comey was quoted in the article saying that the investigation is likely in the "4th quarter." That I'd believe.

It is interesting that at the height of the investigation the team of lawyers numbered 17 but now they're down to 13 with two having already left this past summer before these two.

by Anonymousreply 293October 3, 2018 4:09 AM

Has anyone heard anything about the 300 prosecutors that Rosenstein called to DC in mid-July ? It was supposed to be to help with Kavanaughs confirmation, but I seriously find that hard to believe. Are they still in DC ? That in itself leads me to believe something big is on the not too distant future.

by Anonymousreply 294October 3, 2018 4:26 AM

^^^is on the horizon in the not too distant future.^^^

by Anonymousreply 295October 3, 2018 4:28 AM

Speaking of Rod... isn't he supposed to be meeting with Drumpf this week?

by Anonymousreply 296October 3, 2018 4:33 AM

I have had the sense that some things I hear attributed to Rosenstein are intended for Trump ‘s ears, and are not reality based. To keep Trump from obstructing Justice and interfering with his prosecution. I guess that can’t be so, but otherwise, I can’t make sense of any of it.

by Anonymousreply 297October 3, 2018 4:34 AM

The news about scum trump committing probable fraud with the family taxes does not surprise me, nor does breadth and depth of his misdeeds. It's why I've always been uncomfortable with Bernie and others claiming the rich will pay for free college, health care, and all the other things by increasing taxes on the rich. That kind of talk only invites the evil wealthy to fight back and they have the money to do it.

When are Americans finally going to get it through our heads that most extremely wealthy people DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR ANYTHING and will cheat on their taxes and block business and banking regulations until their dying breaths to keep the rest of us from getting a break. The Kochs, Mercers, Karl Roves, and people like McConnell, trump, and others will lie, cheat, and steal to ensure they will never have to pay for the education etc of anyone except for their advantaged spawn ever again. They are all for pouring money into defense because that's where many of their investments are found.

Yes, their are some good wealthy people who are willing to pay their taxes and help others. But the ones who don't want a Bernie world are evil and ruthless and we are seeing the fruits of their labor right now. Kavenaugh is the one percent's tool, he will do their bidding and make the base happy, too. They're cheaters, for sure, and probably deeply complicit with the Russians, but they still need a few votes from their duped and stupid base.

by Anonymousreply 298October 3, 2018 5:19 AM

r298, Sanders is another pampered, privileged, misogynist, megalomaniacal, old white guy who represented one of the most homogenous populations in the country and who believed (at least until the age of 31) that "all women fantasize about rape" during sex. I don't want a future under his vision any more than I want the we have.

by Anonymousreply 299October 3, 2018 5:42 AM

[quote] But the ones who don't want a Bernie world

Fuck off, we’re currently living in a Bernie world due to this gunsucking, sexist, Russia-compromised man whose campaign manager also used pro-Putin propaganda techniques in Ukraine, being a co-conspirator with Paul Manafort. There’s a reason the Sanders team hacked the DNC, and there’s a reason Sanders received support from Russian bots and there’s a reason Sanders stole much of his platform from Hillary Clinton and there’s a reason Sanders’ campaign manager Tad Devine was interviewed as a cooperating witness in the Manafort trial.

by Anonymousreply 300October 3, 2018 5:47 AM

^^^I’m glad that old fart lost his big chance for that to happen.^^^

by Anonymousreply 301October 3, 2018 5:51 AM

R300 What's your point? Do you believe Bernie secretly wanted trump to win or do you think Bernie's platform inspired the Russian's etc to use him to defeat Hillary? I find your statement confusing, please clarify.

by Anonymousreply 302October 3, 2018 5:57 AM

I believe Bernie was used by Putin whether Bernie was aware of it or not (it would be hard for Bernie to be unaware: Bernie’s campaign manager Tad Devine had, along with Paul Manafort, run a pro-Putin campaign in Ukraine against a more progressive female candidate using the familiar chanted phrase “Lock her up! Lock her up!; Bernie’s wife as campaign surrogate stated on Twitter the day before November 9, 2016 that it was fine to vote for Trump instead of Clinton; Bernie encouraged violent, misogyny by what has been revealed to be Russian “crisis actors” at conventions AFTER he lost the primary by 4 millions votes; Bernie was the only U.S. senator to vote against Russian sanctions). My post isn’t confused at all, jerk.

by Anonymousreply 303October 3, 2018 6:05 AM

R298, it's not just the ultra wealthy, the tea partiers are anti tax as well. I only know a couple tea partiers and they are not wealthy, they're just fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 304October 3, 2018 6:12 AM

FURTHER, Bernie didn’t have a progressive platform to speak of - he, as a lake house-owning multimillionaire who never released his taxes for the full five years, banes on about “millionaires and billionaires” while he took over a million in dark money small contributions (believed by the CIA to originate in Russia) that have never been investigated, and he called this populist slogan his “platform”. Read the NYDN interview and you will see how he had no platform to speak of even as late as that point in the campaign. After he was revealed as an empty suit, he stole major portions of Hillary Clinton’s own platform which, as the policy geek she was, was posted openly on her website. Universal health care - Hillary. Raised minimum wage - Hillary.

So yeah, I fucking resent your phrasing of Bernie World. Bernie was propped up by fascist misogynist and homophobe Putin as a spoiler and we are now living in Bernie World/Trump World. How’s that working out for you?

by Anonymousreply 305October 3, 2018 6:13 AM

Just one disgusting aspect of Trump's psychopathic public mockery of Ford's testimony is that it amplifies her most searing memory - of being laughed at during and/or after her assault.

Another disgusting aspect is that of course such brazen callousness, and its response, will sway gutless waverers doubting BK back to siding with the supposed realpolitik of hard white male power. Worship the big swinging dicks, or those who pretend to such, or stay with the losers.

Whatever Nemesis has in store for Trump, I'm not sure it'll ever be enough for the most repulsive first-world 'politician' of my lifetime. Never ever have I longed for a humiliating deeply painful downfall more sincerely.

by Anonymousreply 306October 3, 2018 11:19 AM

I wish the tucker would have a stroke that would not kill him, but leave in a crippled "locked-in" state, where he knows everything that's going on around him, yet he cannot Express himself, or interact with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 307October 3, 2018 11:36 AM

R306, I agree. It was one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 308October 3, 2018 12:23 PM

[quote]Whatever Nemesis has in store for Trump, I'm not sure it'll ever be enough for the most repulsive first-world 'politician' of my lifetime. Never ever have I longed for a humiliating deeply painful downfall more sincerely.

Agree completely

by Anonymousreply 309October 3, 2018 12:39 PM

Me too, R309. When is Karma going to kick in. So many people are feeling this way it has to get to him at some point.

by Anonymousreply 310October 3, 2018 12:44 PM

Republicans (except for the 1%) are willing dupes, happy to exchange health and safety for toasty-warm illusions of superiority and belonging. These are people who compulsively vote against safety regulations, pollution controls, living wages, Medicare, Social Security, higher tax burden on the 99%, etc. It's no big surprise that woman in Trump's audience would laugh along with his idiotic mockery of Christine Blasey Ford, when many of them might be assault victims themselves. They love "owning libs" at any cost, and seem content to treat death, sickness, poverty, and other misfortunes as inevitable facts of life, unrelated to policy.

Where they get this obliviousness to causality I don't know. They don't seem to have absorbed the American spirit of improvement that they claim to uphold, at least where public policy is concerned. Trump was obviously lashing out at Ford because of the NYT story uncovering his tax crimes, and this basically represents Republicanism: wantonly attack other people and treat life as a zero-sum game, emphasis on game.

by Anonymousreply 311October 3, 2018 12:56 PM

R305, I love you.

by Anonymousreply 312October 3, 2018 2:04 PM

Reminder to you all that today's the day that Dotard's mandatory alert goes out. 218 PM EST / 1118 AM PST.

You can turn your phones off if you don't want to get it in real time, however once you turn your phone back on the alert will pop up.

by Anonymousreply 313October 3, 2018 2:06 PM

[quote]I wish the fucker would have a stroke that would not kill him, but leave in a crippled "locked-in" state, where he knows everything that's going on around him, yet he cannot Express himself, or interact with anyone.

Something like this, R307?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314October 3, 2018 2:14 PM

r310, "karma" is imaginary, doof.

by Anonymousreply 315October 3, 2018 2:17 PM

r306, like the comeuppance Dick Cheney got or Hitler got or Stalin got or all those cops who shoot unarmed black kids? You mean that complete lack of ever being held accountable for one's actions? Yeah, you just keep sitting & waiting for that. Maybe go on a hunger strike until it comes to be.

by Anonymousreply 316October 3, 2018 2:19 PM

[quote] Worship the big swinging dicks

Since this is the DL, it is safe to say that we do.

by Anonymousreply 317October 3, 2018 2:19 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 318October 3, 2018 4:29 PM

Does anyone else revisit in their mind the “He will die in prison” prediction we heard shortly after IT was “elected”?

by Anonymousreply 319October 3, 2018 4:34 PM

Karma hit Hitler (and Stalin).

Cheney will get his

by Anonymousreply 320October 3, 2018 4:35 PM

And....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321October 3, 2018 4:39 PM

r320 is a pinhead Zeka baby

by Anonymousreply 322October 3, 2018 4:42 PM

Sorry if this has been posted already...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323October 3, 2018 4:59 PM

R321 - you are making the same exact posts in multiple threads.

by Anonymousreply 324October 3, 2018 5:03 PM

Sarah Sanders is to host a press conference today at 1 pm EST (she's already late). I anticipate she'll be even angrier than usual.

by Anonymousreply 325October 3, 2018 5:03 PM

What a shitshow...as usual. SHS should be embarrassed and ashamed....but then again, shes just like her father.

by Anonymousreply 326October 3, 2018 5:51 PM

And Dotard is going to be testing his new propaganda tool in 5..4..3..2..

by Anonymousreply 327October 3, 2018 6:16 PM

Corker just said Senators are probably getting Kav's FBI report this afternoon. I wonder if Flake cooked up this sham investigation thing by himself or with others.

by Anonymousreply 328October 3, 2018 6:18 PM

I didn't know that wasn't permitted, r324.

by Anonymousreply 329October 3, 2018 6:20 PM

You’ve posted it in four separate threads with the cutesy “And...” each time, R329.

You are, quite simply, an attention-seeking troll.

by Anonymousreply 330October 3, 2018 6:23 PM

R327 Well, that was a waste of time. Should have turned off my phone...

by Anonymousreply 331October 3, 2018 6:26 PM

R331 still have mine off. Apparently though I'll get it once I turn it back on.

Did you have to click on anything in order to show you "received it" and to clear it off your screen?

by Anonymousreply 332October 3, 2018 6:30 PM

Wait - I just got a loud alarming sound on my mobile about 15 minutes ago. As it so happens, there are major thunderstorms and flash floods where I am so I just thought it was a flood warning from the weather emergency system. DO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME IT WAS A TRUMP PROPAGANDA THING?!!!

I’m still not done with the paper towel he threw at me...

by Anonymousreply 333October 3, 2018 6:43 PM

I saw the R323 clip in real time and gasped as well. What an unprovoked, bullying, cowardly act. Did people let him get away with this shit when he was just a con man? Before becoming a professional con man on The Apprentice, or political con man today.

by Anonymousreply 334October 3, 2018 6:48 PM

Were they in inappropriate threads for the subject matter in the links, r330?

by Anonymousreply 335October 3, 2018 7:08 PM

Trump's stupid and insane voters react to his test of the emergency alert system.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336October 3, 2018 7:39 PM

Is BK going to be confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 337October 3, 2018 10:02 PM

r337 No.

by Anonymousreply 338October 3, 2018 10:09 PM

If they want this done right, the 3 Repug Senators on the fence can just tell MMc that either the FBI conducts a thorough and complete investigation, they are voting NO.

THEY have all the power yet act like they are helpless.

by Anonymousreply 339October 3, 2018 10:13 PM

He’s getting through. The piece if shit gets a lifetime appointment.

by Anonymousreply 340October 3, 2018 10:17 PM

A lifetime that could end hours or even moments later.

by Anonymousreply 341October 3, 2018 10:22 PM

Collins and Flake said that Trump's mockery of Dr. Ford is despicable. They can send Il Douche real message by voting against Kavanaugh's confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 342October 3, 2018 11:17 PM

This woman made a really good point on Hardball (Mimi something? She is a prosecutor). What makes Trump’s display last night in Mississippi even more abhorrent is the fact that he was making fun of someone he (and Fox News) had already acknowledged was the victim of a sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 343October 3, 2018 11:29 PM

Collins, I believe, called Trump's mockery, "Just not right." A harsher condemnation of a man who bullies assault victims has never been heard!

by Anonymousreply 344October 3, 2018 11:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345October 3, 2018 11:48 PM

Murkowski and Collins could become Independents and pay no price for it. They would actually gain power as both sides try to gain their favor and votes. Why don't they do it?

by Anonymousreply 346October 3, 2018 11:49 PM

Flake and Collins think that their stern verbal reprimands of Trump's disgustingness are cover enough and permit them to vote for Kavanaugh.

by Anonymousreply 347October 3, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]Why don't they do it?

Because they agree with 95% of the Republican platform, and they'd never get elected as Independents.

by Anonymousreply 348October 3, 2018 11:51 PM

If he's approved, some of the GOP enthusiasm should fade.

by Anonymousreply 349October 3, 2018 11:53 PM

Who's voting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350October 3, 2018 11:56 PM

R348, Murkowski had to win her last election as a write-in against the Repug candidate. She'd be fine.

by Anonymousreply 351October 3, 2018 11:57 PM

R344, Collins’ comment was actually “Just plain wrong.”

by Anonymousreply 352October 4, 2018 12:07 AM

The women could change to Democrats as Arlin Spector (D-PA) once did. He kept his committee chairmanships and seniority, too.

by Anonymousreply 353October 4, 2018 1:03 AM

The days of standing for something are long gone, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 354October 4, 2018 2:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355October 4, 2018 2:29 AM

1:00-1:04: "We were roommates; out beds were ten feet apart for a couple of months."

I'm idly curious about their rooming situation. The third roommate, Kit Winter, said that he moved in from a room elsewhere in the entryway after the semester had started (because his first roommate liked to stay up late); he'd heard Brett and Jim had a free spot in their suite. Why did the two of them move into a triple and share a room, leaving one empty? The way Kit W describes it (with the pigeon nailed to his door), he moved into a still empty room in the suite—and Anderson Cooper seems to confirm this at 6:21. And why does Jim R. here say they were in the same room together only two months?

by Anonymousreply 356October 4, 2018 2:44 AM

R356 most likely because you're technically not allowed to just move in to any room in your suite. You're assigned a suite. There may have been an empty room but they probably knew not to bother because the school would be putting someone else in it shortly.

by Anonymousreply 357October 4, 2018 2:51 AM

Never mind, I've figured it out. There was a person besides Kit Winter in the other bedroom. Anderson spills the beans a little by calling him "Dave," and I suspect that it was David White, who's in the 1998 wedding picture looking very tight with Brett (while Debbie Ramirez keeps her distance on the opposite side). Kit Winter probably moved in with Dave a bit later and the situation could have been even more complicated, since Jim R. mentions a "series" of people in that room. I feel like Jessica Fletcher sorting this out.

R357, that occurred to me, but when you get to college and are the second person in your two-bedroom suite to arrive, you take the unoccupied room on the off chance that the other person won't show up—that's what I did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 4, 2018 2:56 AM

Additional thought: maybe their beds were 10 feet apart for only a couple of months because after that Brett and Kit switched places, Brett moving in with Dave? Just more speculation; sorry I'm posting it here rather than in the Kavanaugh thread.

by Anonymousreply 359October 4, 2018 3:06 AM

[quote]You take the unoccupied room on the off chance that the other person won't show up—that's what I did.

I don't know. I don't think most people do that. And I'm assuming, as you sort of mentioned, that there were a series of people moving in and out and they just knew someone else would be moving in.

Have they stated which college they were in? It sounds like they may have been in a 3 bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 360October 4, 2018 3:08 AM

They were in Ezra Stiles college, but freshmen lived on Old Campus; Stiles freshmen were in Lawrance Hall that year). I suspect it was a two-bedroom suite with a common room, which would have been normal. I have the information of who was rooming with whom but it was obviously provisional in places, because it has only Brett K and James R in the same room (D01); the other rooms in entryway D have three people each.

by Anonymousreply 361October 4, 2018 3:12 AM

I must have missed something. What was the importance of Brett apparently saying somewhere that Dave and James didn't get along? Why is that significant in any way?

by Anonymousreply 362October 4, 2018 3:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 4, 2018 3:17 AM

r363 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 364October 4, 2018 3:21 AM

R362, Jim R. explains the significance in a Slate piece (it has to do with Brett trying to discredit Jim): "When asked about my comments in the New Yorker at his hearing last week, Judge Kavanaugh seemed to suggest that my account was not credible because “it was a contentious situation” where I “did not like” the third suitemate. He then referenced a prank I pulled on the third suitemate and some redacted portion of his closed-door questioning by Senate Judiciary Committee staff. It’s true that I played a prank on the third roommate. We were not close. But that relationship has no bearing on my ability to observe Kavanaugh’s behavior then and to describe it now."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365October 4, 2018 3:23 AM

Thanks, R365 but that's what I don't understand. Even if the two roommates hated one another... what does that have to do with Dave's memory of who Brett was? That logic literally makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 366October 4, 2018 3:26 AM

R362, he used it to undermine James Roche’s credibility. In essence, he suggested anything from Roche was biased because of an incident. Conveniently, Kavanaugh represents this position of there being a disqualifying incident by referring to “redacted” portions of committee materials.

The reference to redacted materials was likely meant to imply that Kavanaugh had a strong claim. Roche’s interview at r355 works against Kavanaugh’s inference. Roche recounts the events, is puzzled by the need for them to be redacted, then theorizes that they may be redacted because they involve a keg in Kavanaugh’s room.

by Anonymousreply 367October 4, 2018 3:31 AM

The clear, trenchant statements of Jim Roche and others on this issue really put to shame the offensively banal, wimpy excuses put out by Republicans like Jeff Flake, Orrin Hatch, even Ben Sasse. The Republican party has never been shown more bankrupt of ethics and intelligence than it is now—and yet its supporters must be even more bankrupt.

by Anonymousreply 368October 4, 2018 3:40 AM

Hopefully they’ll pay for it next month.

by Anonymousreply 369October 4, 2018 3:50 AM

Putin is about to get his checkmate with Brett being confirmed. The oligarchs of Russia along with Putin have played the long game. They piggybacked on the long game of conservatives who started their long game in the late 70's. They started nominating young SC justices early on. They got it. They thought of Fox and the endless talking points and spin. They were overtaken by Putin and here we are. They will have 5 votes on the SC and we will be a subsidiary of Russia.

by Anonymousreply 370October 4, 2018 3:56 AM

WSJ alert: White House finds no corroboration of sexual assault in FBI report

by Anonymousreply 371October 4, 2018 4:30 AM

It's over. Judge lied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372October 4, 2018 4:31 AM

Yeah of course because they refused to actually interview anyone who would give testimony to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 373October 4, 2018 4:35 AM

Are you trolling, R372? I can't see the WSJ article in its entirety because it's behind a paywall but the title is the same 'White House Finds Nothing' shit posted elsewhere. Is there something in the article or are you trying to be an ass?

by Anonymousreply 374October 4, 2018 6:25 AM

The Republicans, to a one, are craven. They have their$, so they don't care if the new SCOTUS votes 5-4 to declare the entire New Deal and LBJ's legacy as unconstitutional.

Treason will prevail. Actual, real-life, criminal treason.

Kavanaugh, 5-4, super-Presidential pardon authority over both Federal and State crimes, with the latter's being declared unconstitutional "double jeopardy" if identical.

Roe v. Wade? Pfffft. Buh-BYE. Republican men don't care; Republican women pols are old; and in general the rich as always have compliant doctors.

Corporations will rule us to an unprecedented degree.

Finally, the Yahoos who live hand to mouth and yet vote "R" and wear MAGA hats while braying about Dr. Ford will blame their future travails on Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 375October 4, 2018 10:23 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 376October 4, 2018 1:46 PM

r375, you're being blocked now for spam-posting across multiple threads. You were already warned about this. Take this time to reevaluate how valuable anything that falls out of your head is to anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 377October 4, 2018 1:51 PM

R367, you ought to assume a nom de plume for use when barking orders at others. It would add panache to your dictates.

by Anonymousreply 378October 4, 2018 2:44 PM

Last night I read that Twitter-bots were posting about DOJ's press conference for 9:30 EDT. Nothing was on the DOJ site, but they linked to a blog (Trump-partisan) so I figured they were lying. They actually weren't: the DOJ announced at the press conference seven GRU intelligence officers charged with conspiracy to commit several types of fraud.

Also, eight new sealed indictments have been filed this week.

by Anonymousreply 379October 4, 2018 2:49 PM

r378 I assume you meant to respond to r377. Confusing, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 380October 4, 2018 2:50 PM

R379 any further info as to what that might be about?

by Anonymousreply 381October 4, 2018 2:52 PM

r381 yes, I have a genuine DOJ news item link that details the charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 4, 2018 2:59 PM

r382, awesome, looks like some good news finally.

by Anonymousreply 383October 4, 2018 3:04 PM

[quote] R372: It's over. Judge lied.

Do you mean Mark Judge, or Judge Kavanaugh?

Or both, which is more likely?

by Anonymousreply 384October 4, 2018 3:50 PM

R384, Mark Judge lied to protect his friend Kavanaugh and back up his story. He knows nothing will happen to him by lying. Who is going to charge with lying? The FBI? The same FBI who is pushing this thing through with a half assed investigation without even talking to the victim and all the people practically begging to talk them about Kavanaugh?

by Anonymousreply 385October 4, 2018 4:11 PM

Remember....Chris Wray, the head of the FBI went to school with Kavanaugh....and Rod Rosenstein worked on the Starr panel with Kavanaugh. I dont suspect they did anything wrong as its the WH who directed the scope, but they could have questioned the directive. That question will always be there as well.

by Anonymousreply 386October 4, 2018 4:23 PM

R386 It may not be shady but it stinks. Kavanaugh was a done deal from the moment his nomination was announced. And call me paranoid, suspicious, whatever but I have no great faith in Wray or Rosenstein,

by Anonymousreply 387October 4, 2018 4:59 PM

I get want to get back to breaking Mueller probe news. Seeing Kavanaugh's bloated face on tv every night is such a downer

by Anonymousreply 388October 4, 2018 5:08 PM

R379, I can’t find any information on the 8 new sealed indictments that you reference. Do you have more information?

by Anonymousreply 389October 4, 2018 5:42 PM

Excellent ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390October 4, 2018 5:54 PM

r389 has brain worms.

by Anonymousreply 391October 4, 2018 5:55 PM

I'm shocked how ignorant my Lyft drivers are. They don't believe voter suppression is real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392October 4, 2018 6:01 PM

R387 Given that Kavanaugh’s confirmation was assured, consider the delay for the extra hearing & FBI questions a small victory. It did not go as smoothly as they expected and now his reputation is blemished. Took a little of the satisfaction out of it for them and further riled up the Dems for the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 393October 4, 2018 6:22 PM

32 days

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394October 4, 2018 6:24 PM

MacLeans' Scott Gilmore:

Yesterday, after an 18 month investigation, the NYT revealed the President of the United States committed hundreds of millions of dollars of tax fraud - possibly one of the biggest scandals in the history of the Presidency - and 24 hours later we're no longer talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 395October 4, 2018 6:55 PM

r387 I don't think you're paranoid. Rosenstein is a complete party hack and always has been. He's no hero, he's just better than whatever nightmare would come after him. Wray is also a partisan hack, his law firm did work for Russia's two largest energy companies, he fires everyone Trump tells him to, and he gives in to Nunes constantly. Why any Democrat would trust these two is beyond me.

We have got to win back the House. If we win back the House, Democrats can start investigating Trump's taxes, can subpoena all the FBI texts and notes from the NY field office, etc. We need the House.

by Anonymousreply 396October 4, 2018 6:57 PM

Attacking Rosenstein and Wray whilst pretending to be "progressive" is a neat game.

by Anonymousreply 397October 4, 2018 7:21 PM

Lyft drivers? Why are we talking to Lyft drivers? 😂

by Anonymousreply 398October 4, 2018 7:26 PM

r397 Christ, now I remember why I quit posting here. YOU POINTED OUT A TRUTH I DON'T LIKE SO YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A RUSSIAN TROLL!!!11 Yeah...I'm a troll. That's why I'm urging people to vote Democratic. Because I'm a troll.

Let me try to explain this for you in words you can understand: one can be adamant Rosenstein not be fired while at the same time acknowledging he's a partisan hack. He is the best option we have. That doesn't make him a good option. But he is better than the nut who would come next. See how that works? Adults often times can see more than one side to an issue.

Wray has done nothing- absolutely nothing- to show he can be trusted. You want to trust him, fine. Go ahead. I'll be over here actually watching what he does, and most of it isn't good.

Mueller is the only Republican who has shown he can be trusted to do the right thing.

Keep burying your head in the sand if you want but most of us are not. Republicans are not going to save you. Not a one of them. Not even Mueller, no matter how much good work he does. It's up to us. It's up to Democrats. We have to take back the House or every institution that hasn't already crumbled will and this country will be lost.

Serious adults are able to have these kinds of conversations without screaming toll at each other.

by Anonymousreply 399October 4, 2018 8:16 PM

r399.....ignore the troll

by Anonymousreply 400October 4, 2018 8:28 PM

R302= textbook “sea-lioning”

There was nothing obtuse about R300’s post R302, so stop trolling Sea Lion.

Fuck Bernie Sanders! & Fuck R302!

by Anonymousreply 401October 4, 2018 9:34 PM

Chubby Russian lawyer's partner in crime dies in freak accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402October 4, 2018 9:55 PM

Facebook Inc loves Kavanaugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403October 4, 2018 10:00 PM

Wow, R402.

by Anonymousreply 404October 4, 2018 10:15 PM

The NYT article of course misses the point that the facebook guy isn't just "standing by his old friend," he's getting behind the whole Republican smear operation against credible allegations of sexual assault, Kavanaugh's obvious perjury about his role in stealing Democratic documents back in the 00s, the secrecy over his massive debts and financial oddities, etc. What exactlly was Joel Kaplan's role in the (criminal) Bush White House?

by Anonymousreply 405October 4, 2018 10:16 PM

It wasn't Murkowski's last election in which she ran -- and won -- as a write-in candidate, R351, but rather in 2010. Her most recent election to her current Senate term was just in 2016, in which she won the Republican primary and, subsequently, another term in the Senate. Interestingly, in her three US Senate races (2004, 2010, and 2016), she has never won 50% of the vote. The highest percentage she has won was 48.62%, which was back in 2004.

I am not familiar enough with Alaska politics to know whether there is a potential Democratic candidate who could give her a run for her money when she has to run again in 2022. She certainly seems popular in her home state, but if the opposition to her weren't split among so many parties (Libertarian, Alaskan Independence, Green) and individual independent candidates, but rather were unified behind a single Democrat, it looks like the challenger could stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 406October 4, 2018 10:17 PM

Tasteful friends and constant Mueller thread readers, what are some fun ingredients for seasoning popcorn?

"A massive information dump conducted by 16,000 people is about to expose information about 158 Republicans. No word yet on what that information will entail but the organization behind the info dump is led by an opposition research expert."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 4, 2018 10:54 PM

and we should believe this why?

by Anonymousreply 408October 4, 2018 11:01 PM

no particular reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 4, 2018 11:09 PM

r406....Murkowski wins the majority of her votes from native Alaskans....she knows it....if she votes yes on Kavanaugh, her political career is over. In fact, the native elders recently met with her and pretty much stated so.

by Anonymousreply 410October 4, 2018 11:30 PM

What r395 said. Times a thousand.

This is beyond huge; proof that the president of the United States committed tax fraud. I get why Deplorables are ignoring the story (too many big words and complex concepts) but why is the media shunting it to second half hour, if that?

by Anonymousreply 411October 4, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote]On the internet forum 8Chan, QAnon fans also noted that the test message was 17 words long—a significant number for believers in the conspiracy theory, because “Q” is the 17th letter of the alphabet.

JFC

by Anonymousreply 412October 4, 2018 11:35 PM

damn, r407!

Hot damn, that should be pretty fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 413October 4, 2018 11:36 PM

[quote]Hot damn, that should be pretty fucking hilarious.

If it happens.

by Anonymousreply 414October 4, 2018 11:40 PM

After Facebook's dealings with Cambridge Analytica, and Kapl9's support of Kavanaugh, why the FUCK does anybody use Facebook anymore?!! They fucking allowed data breaches, pushed partisan propaganda, etc. I deleted my face book profile YEARS ago, and I don't fucking miss it. It's a forum for people POSTING about their lives, rather than LIVING their lives.

by Anonymousreply 415October 4, 2018 11:57 PM

I use FB under an alas and never on NY phone to keep up with my local protests.

That's pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 416October 4, 2018 11:58 PM

I had in mind a Buddy Holly Memorial Flight ending in a nosedive R34 along with the other conservative Justices but I like the way you think. Your way would be cheaper and would only result in front-end damage as opposed to the destruction of an airplane that was minding its own business.

by Anonymousreply 417October 5, 2018 12:47 AM

Oops, make that R341.

by Anonymousreply 418October 5, 2018 12:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419October 5, 2018 1:32 AM

May I suggest the next thread be called Trick or Treason?

by Anonymousreply 420October 5, 2018 6:28 AM

Good one R420

by Anonymousreply 421October 5, 2018 9:22 AM

That’s perfect, R420.

And next month there should be one called It’s Turkey Treason Time.

by Anonymousreply 422October 5, 2018 1:37 PM

Why is Grassley acting like an angry old white man right now on TV?

Oh that's right, because he IS.

by Anonymousreply 423October 5, 2018 1:42 PM

Probably because they still don’t have the votes to confirm Kav!

by Anonymousreply 424October 5, 2018 1:43 PM

What’s Assley saying? I can’t watch.

by Anonymousreply 425October 5, 2018 1:46 PM

He said, “Yada, yada, yada.” Now it’s Diane’s turn.

by Anonymousreply 426October 5, 2018 1:53 PM

Oh, the drama! Susan Collins says she will vote yes today on the procedural vote, but maybe no tomorrow on confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 427October 5, 2018 2:09 PM

Collins will announce at 3:00 pm today how she will vote on the confirmation.

Talk about milking it.

by Anonymousreply 428October 5, 2018 2:11 PM

She’s a yes. And I feel nothing but sadness for the US.

by Anonymousreply 429October 5, 2018 2:13 PM

Yeah, she’ll give a heartfelt speech about how hard she thought about it before giving in.

by Anonymousreply 430October 5, 2018 2:19 PM

Exactly. Shakey Sue is only concerned with her Satanic Pussy Posse aka the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 431October 5, 2018 2:20 PM

Yertle McTurtle is speaking now. What a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 432October 5, 2018 2:21 PM

Disgraceful! Absolutely disgraceful!

by Anonymousreply 433October 5, 2018 2:22 PM

He called the references in Kavanaugh’s yearbook as “goofy”? I wonder how Renate Schroder Dolphin feels about that.

by Anonymousreply 434October 5, 2018 2:28 PM

I can't even watch it. It's too upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 435October 5, 2018 2:29 PM

God, please drop a meteor on the Congress today.

by Anonymousreply 436October 5, 2018 2:29 PM

With the one guy out of the vote... we still need 2 more to say no. Flake could easily do it but won't. Who else?

by Anonymousreply 437October 5, 2018 2:32 PM

Flake voted yes, according to Brian Kilmeade.

by Anonymousreply 438October 5, 2018 2:41 PM

Do these yes votes mean they’ll be yes votes tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 439October 5, 2018 2:42 PM

At this point, go ahead and approve the rapist motherfucker. It's going to INFLAME women and decent men - they'll end up organizing and voting in every single election against this. Keep his profile high - let him lord it over us. It'll absolutely help us.

It was going to be one motherfucker or another. If it has to be the rapist - if they love him SO FUCKING MUCH - so be it.

Collins is a FUCKING IDIOT.

by Anonymousreply 440October 5, 2018 2:47 PM

R438, Kilmeade is right, but why are you watching/following that motherfucker?

by Anonymousreply 441October 5, 2018 2:48 PM

So much more shit about that rapist is going to come out after he's approved - the GOP is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 442October 5, 2018 2:49 PM

Collins, Flake and Manchin a yes, Murkowski a no.

by Anonymousreply 443October 5, 2018 2:49 PM

R442 by that time he'll be appointed for life so what do they care?

by Anonymousreply 444October 5, 2018 2:54 PM

This vote is to allow the nomination to move forward to a floor vote. Once it is moved to the floor, other Senators aside from just the judiciary committee members, will be permitted to speak for or against the nominee's approval. So you can vote yes to move it to general debate, and still vote no on the nomination at the final floor vote after they close debate.

by Anonymousreply 445October 5, 2018 3:07 PM

R444, that's not the point. It's that they'll have this huge turd, exposed as a rapist turd, stinking up the court and showing voters that the GOP has terrible judgment and hates women and gay people. The rulings issued because of him will be even worse.

I get it: it sucks that this rapist is "set for life" and has his trophy - what he's been working for all his life. It sucks. But his being there, on the court, will anger people for years to come. Thomas didn't because women weren't as organized and pissed-off (the "year of the woman" was about it - a small bump in 1992). This is going to piss-off Millennials and younger voters for decades. They'll get engaged, and they'll vote.

Let them overturn Roe. It won't last, because people will overwhelmingly vote Dem in the face of their bullshit. In such great numbers that even gerrymandering and voter suppression won't be able to defeat the will of the vast majority. After that, we'll end gerrymandering and voter suppression (with new Supreme Court appointments and rulings that reaffirm the Voting Rights Act and rule gerrymandering unconstitutional .

This is going to help overturn the GOP's bullshit for a generation.

Fuck the rapist. Let him have his stupid seat. Let him drink himself to death. Sociopaths often eventually get what's coming to them (e.g., OJ, Cosby). May or may not happen to him, but in any case he's going to help defeat his own party just by being there.

by Anonymousreply 446October 5, 2018 3:09 PM

Flake is such a gutless coward.

by Anonymousreply 447October 5, 2018 3:09 PM

R446 they still won't care. Rethugs don't give as hit about what they look like as long as they get what they want. I also have no faith that the majority of people are going to be outraged for years to come. People today have no fucking memory.

by Anonymousreply 448October 5, 2018 3:11 PM

We're aware R445... they're still all going to vote him in.

by Anonymousreply 449October 5, 2018 3:12 PM

R444 Yep. He's another solid vote for corporate interests over anything or anyone they view less. The Kochs had him on their radar to push up for years now. Kochs don't give a shit about abortion or even gay matters other than rile a base for their real agenda. They want the pro-big bankers, pro-CEOs, environmental exploiters, GOP partisanship.

by Anonymousreply 450October 5, 2018 3:17 PM

[quote]This is going to help overturn the GOP's bullshit for a generation.

I wish that were true, but I've been hearing variations of this for the last 10 years -- and now they control all three branches of government plus the majority of state legislatures.

Even if you're right -- and I think they've made this calculation -- they're willing to give up legislative power for a while in exchange for a solid Supreme Court majority. That's where the ultimate power lies in American politics now. The five Republican judges are now free to "find no constitutional basis" for abortion, social security, medicaid, medicare, corporate regulation, etc. Even if Democrats hold Congress and the Presidency, they'll be stonewalled by at least 20 years of a conservative Supreme Court, not to mention the federal courts that Trump has stocked with "constitutionalists."

by Anonymousreply 451October 5, 2018 3:18 PM

The Kochs will get what they want short-term, but if social issue rulings are super alienating (they will be), a byproduct of that will be Democratic administrations that will appoint new judges, and everything will backfire - with the rollback of the GOP's conservative social issue rulings will be rulings regarding corporations that'll roll back what the Kochs will have gained in the short-term.

It's not as hopeless as some make it out to be. It's kind of a pendulum, but demographic change and reactions extremism of the GOP's positions (and short-term outcomes) will shift the pendulum leftwards permanently.

There are high-IQ people on the Dem side, too, working on this. It's not a permanent shift rightwards, to eternal night, even with gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Unless the Kochs get their constitutional convention and permanently change the rules of the game.

by Anonymousreply 452October 5, 2018 3:24 PM

I vote Yes on R420. That's the only good YES vote today.

I can't imagine how incandescent with rage women must be. I am pretty fucking furious; I'll be out there with you ladies.

by Anonymousreply 453October 5, 2018 3:25 PM

They're interviewing a dumb bitch from Maine on MSNBC now. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 454October 5, 2018 3:26 PM

It's all old people who are holding shit back. The Kochs are ancient. The bitch from Maine being interviewed on MSNBC now is ancient. Crabby sclerotic calcified old assholes.

It's not forever.

by Anonymousreply 455October 5, 2018 3:27 PM

The Kochs are dying by the day. Time's ticking for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 456October 5, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote]Even if Democrats hold Congress and the Presidency, they'll be stonewalled by at least 20 years of a conservative Supreme Court, not to mention the federal courts that Trump has stocked with "constitutionalists."

Start electing more Dem state houses. When both Congress and States vote in progressive laws, SCOTUS will be more limited in finding constitutional pretexts to strike them down.

by Anonymousreply 457October 5, 2018 3:31 PM

R454, I just posted that on another thread. “GEORGE SOROS” is behind it all. It’s frustrating that the interviewer didn’t correct her statement. Or maybe ask about the Koch’s and the Mercer’s who are funding the right and her opinion on that.

by Anonymousreply 458October 5, 2018 3:32 PM

Got it, R420, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 459October 5, 2018 3:33 PM

R458 you didn't get the memo that you're not allowed to post the same thing in multiple threads!

by Anonymousreply 460October 5, 2018 3:33 PM

32 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 5, 2018 3:34 PM

32 days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462October 5, 2018 3:34 PM

r458, the response would have been something like,"Yeah, you make think Soros and the Jewspiracy isn't behind it all, but I could show you some YouTube videos that would make your head spin. I don't know nothing about no Coke or Mercer, I think Coke is owned by a Jew. But if they're behind the republicans, I support that. We need as much support as we can get against the illuminati deep state. This is a war for our souls."

by Anonymousreply 463October 5, 2018 3:36 PM

R453,

Thank you. I am female and have been raped in addition to being sexually assaulted by a group of men, which I mentioned that I wrote to Lisa Murkowski about as she is my senator. I just wrote to her again to give thanks.

I truthfully don't know if I have ever been angrier. Possibly November 9th, 2016.

by Anonymousreply 464October 5, 2018 3:37 PM

R464, are you a middle-class hetero married type? If so, what are you hearing from your peers (neighbors, coworkers)?

by Anonymousreply 465October 5, 2018 3:40 PM

r464 a female what? 'Female' is a objectifying term used by misogynist neckbeards to dehumanize women.

by Anonymousreply 466October 5, 2018 3:42 PM

No, I am a bisexual female who had a male partner for 5 years, a lesbian partner for 15 years and am now single.

Huh, R466?! I am a biological woman, if that makes you happier, R466. A very angry biological woman.

by Anonymousreply 467October 5, 2018 3:44 PM

The vast majority of the public are oblivious to whats going on....most dont pay attention and have no desire to. Ive actually had arguments with several people who are clueless. Doesnt matter to them....until prices go up, they cant afford medicine, etc....

by Anonymousreply 468October 5, 2018 3:44 PM

[quote] The Kochs will get what they want short-term, but if social issue rulings are super alienating (they will be), a byproduct of that will be Democratic administrations that will appoint new judges, and everything will backfire - with the rollback of the GOP's conservative social issue rulings will be rulings regarding corporations that'll roll back what the Kochs will have gained in the short-term.

The uncomfortable truth is that guys like the Koch Bros. bribe both sides to make sure that they win either way.

by Anonymousreply 469October 5, 2018 3:48 PM

r467, the point is that you've adopted misogynist language as part of your self-definition.

by Anonymousreply 470October 5, 2018 3:48 PM

Fuck you, R470, I am a fucking scientist and I can use the word female when I want since I amo one, you utter fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 471October 5, 2018 3:58 PM

South Carolina has a vigorous pro-Trump Republican Governor who ascended following Haley leaving. He is not very effective at his job. The state has terrible roads, horrible schools, massive environmental destruction along the coastline and elsewhere, chaotic taxation, most jobs paying poorly, very constrained medicade, and an extraordinary amount of corruption on state and local levels.

His Democratic opponent is accomplished with no scandals and actually offers new, fresh ideas to address problems. Polls show he is now 14 points behind. Again,14 points behind! That kind of lead can't be achieved by just core, white Republicans alone. Think again if you believe all those voters are native to the state. The extensive retirees influx, including from the military, on the coast and upstate, from N.J., N.Y., Mass., PA, Ohio, Michigan, etc., as a whole, are extraordinarily right-wing and anti-state tax.

The Democratic party is dismally organized in the state. It won't get better without some national organizational help. Where are they? It will take years to develop something affirmatively with great effort.

Blue wave? It is moving in reverse in South Carolina. And folks wonder why Miss Lindzey doesn't face repercussions for being Trump's biggest sycophant in the Senate?

by Anonymousreply 472October 5, 2018 4:02 PM

R472, from an outsider's perspective, I don't find any of that surprising. Most of the country sees SC as hopeless in the near future as Mississippi. Why would it be any different?

by Anonymousreply 473October 5, 2018 4:05 PM

This is bad. But nothing is forever. A lot can happen. We can vote all these fuckers out and block Trump. We can elect a democratic President in 202. We can make sure we vote in local elections for Democrats in governor, secretaries of state and state legislative races and state court races. Pay attention vote. It's at the state level that a lot of chicanery goes on. So we have to get active and STAY Active. We also have to hope that the 5/4 margin in SCOTUS doesn't hold. Maybe Roberts will be the swing vote. Who knows? And Thomas, Breyer, Ginsberg may last until we get a Dem POTUS and Dem Congress in 2021 and we can restore the balance. The thing is we have to keep going and never accept defeat. Be steadfast.

by Anonymousreply 474October 5, 2018 4:06 PM

R472, the blue wave isn't going to hit states that are hopelessly closed-off to change. Some states are just like that. You need massive demographic change to crack a state open to change.

by Anonymousreply 475October 5, 2018 4:06 PM

R474, I agree. I don't get the "we're fucked forever" people. They're a minority ruling through gerrymandering and voter suppression. That's kind of a vulnerable place to be, regardless of one's hold on the Supreme Court. Executive action can overturn a lot of what they've done.

It's just that people need to actually vote in midterms, even when stakes are "low." 2010 should have taught us that most recently.

by Anonymousreply 476October 5, 2018 4:08 PM

r471, yes, you describe yourself clinically rather than humanistically. You use patriarchal language "a female" "the Democrat party" "pro-life" to redefine your own experiences; you allow *them* to frame your own narrative. A scientist should know the value is misrepresenting data.

by Anonymousreply 477October 5, 2018 4:26 PM

So instead she should allow YOU to framer her narrative.

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 478October 5, 2018 4:27 PM

Liberal investors should start creating jobs in purple states and getting more liberals to move to these areas. Play the long game.

by Anonymousreply 479October 5, 2018 4:32 PM

I Never could have imagined our country falling so completely for Russian propaganda and lies. What did we fight WWII for? Do people even know anything about our history? About checks and balances? About give me your tired your poor? Or is everyone to obsessed with last night’s episode of The Bachelor and Facebook (while that company simply forwards your each and every move to Cambridge Analytica?)?

by Anonymousreply 480October 5, 2018 5:29 PM

The USSR was our ally in WWII r480.

by Anonymousreply 481October 5, 2018 5:30 PM

But didn’t we ice out Russia right after WWII, R481?

I think they’re still smarting from that.

by Anonymousreply 482October 5, 2018 5:53 PM

Russia has never got over Carter fucking them in Afghanistan and pulling out of the Olympics. That's where you start. Russia has been backing Iran and Syria for decades and is responsible for most of the unrest in the Middle East and for exacerbating existent tensions.

by Anonymousreply 483October 5, 2018 6:07 PM

r456, One of the Koch brothers has cancer (can't remember which one), and may be dying sooner than we think.

by Anonymousreply 484October 5, 2018 6:52 PM

Collins is going on about left wing interest groups and operatives....she is totally shooting herself in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 485October 5, 2018 7:13 PM

All of this just shows how so much evil goes unchecked. It's revolting.

by Anonymousreply 486October 5, 2018 7:19 PM

R485 She's toast in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 487October 5, 2018 7:21 PM

Fuck Maine and the shits that live there and put scum like Collins and La Page into office. Backwoods hillbilly trash.

by Anonymousreply 488October 5, 2018 7:25 PM

R487, funny... I'll be she's experiencing what it's like to be held victim to someone forcing you to do acts you don't want to. Something about all of this feels like McTurtle has a gun pressed to the back of her head.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's vile as shit, but there's literally no need for her to be doing this press conference. I'm betting they forced her to. A woman out there basically saying Ford is a liar and Kav is a great man... I imagine they thought that would be great optics in legitimizing the rapist.

by Anonymousreply 489October 5, 2018 7:26 PM

There is a special place in hell for Susan Collins

by Anonymousreply 490October 5, 2018 7:50 PM

The funny thing about this confirmation is when the smoke clears every single fool who got tricked by Mitch into supporting this perv will EAT IT in November.

by Anonymousreply 491October 5, 2018 8:06 PM

I really don't think they care, R491. Mitch has probably already let them know how they're going to steal all the votes.

by Anonymousreply 492October 5, 2018 8:07 PM

The Republicans don't care, because Kavenaugh will do their bidding for decades. He will stall liberal progress for decades with his vote.

And those conservatives getting, rightfully, voted out in the mid-term election will be rewarded with high paying jobs by the 1% and their lobby groups.

by Anonymousreply 493October 5, 2018 8:16 PM

Paul Begala: There are now 4 of 9 justices on the Supreme Court appointed by presidents who didn't even win the popular vote. The Supreme Court has a crisis of confidence.

by Anonymousreply 494October 5, 2018 8:22 PM

Yes R474. I'm more determined and fired up than ever.

by Anonymousreply 495October 5, 2018 8:28 PM

Hillary, March 2016:

[bold][italic]This battle is bigger than just one empty seat on the Court.

By Election Day, two justices will be more than 80 years old—past the Court’s average retirement age. The next president could end up nominating multiple justices,” she explained. “That means whoever America elects this fall will help determine the future of the Court for decades to come.

In short, in a single term, the Supreme Court could demolish pillars of the progressive movement. And as someone who has worked on every single one of these issues for decades, I see this as a make-or-break moment. If you care about the fairness of elections, the future of unions, racial disparities in universities, the rights of women, or the future of our planet, you should care about who wins the presidency and appoints the next Supreme Court justices.[/italic][/bold]

by Anonymousreply 496October 5, 2018 8:30 PM

Keep that passion in your heart and let it drive you right to the voting booth.

by Anonymousreply 497October 5, 2018 8:30 PM

link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498October 5, 2018 8:30 PM

The media preferred the orange clown over the stateswoman.

by Anonymousreply 499October 5, 2018 8:41 PM

I feel almost as sick as I did in November 2016.

by Anonymousreply 500October 5, 2018 8:51 PM

Me too, R500. This is devastating. I haven’t slept a decent nights’s sleep since November 2016. I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

by Anonymousreply 501October 5, 2018 8:59 PM

Linda Sarsour, who enabled the election of Trump, is all over my foolish “woke” cousin’s Facebook page, bleating on about the poor children whose mothers are being arrested in the Kavanaugh protests. Fuck you, Linda, you voted Jill Stein.

by Anonymousreply 502October 5, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote] I don’t know how much more of this I can take.

You will have to take it and be strong for as long as it is necessary.

by Anonymousreply 503October 5, 2018 9:50 PM

Silver lining is D's and some I's are pissed an totally motivated now. Fuck these assholes!!

by Anonymousreply 504October 5, 2018 10:11 PM

Now that it's a done deal, let's get this confirmation over with and move on. It's motivating the hell out of Republicans and they vote. If we don't get the story away from Kavanaugh and back on to Trump, we're going to have trouble even taking the House at this point. Hopefully it's not too late to flip one or two Senate seats.

by Anonymousreply 505October 5, 2018 10:19 PM

Dan Rather

1 hr ·

March forward, without fear, and the winds of justice at your back.

Feel the ranks swell of those who will not cower in the face of money, power and privilege.

A favorite saying reminds us that revenge is a dish best served at the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 506October 5, 2018 10:22 PM

I am trembling with fury but I love Dan Rather and he’s right; the fight goes on.

Defend against enemies within.

by Anonymousreply 507October 5, 2018 10:24 PM

I like what Dan Rather says too but if we don't at least take back the House in four weeks, this country as a Democracy is pretty much dead.

by Anonymousreply 508October 5, 2018 10:27 PM

Winter is coming..so is November. We can win this.

by Anonymousreply 509October 5, 2018 10:27 PM

Please read this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510October 5, 2018 10:39 PM

R510, I remember vividly when some of us on here made that point after Trump was sworn in and people called us hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 511October 5, 2018 10:42 PM

R510 article is very convincing.

by Anonymousreply 512October 5, 2018 10:48 PM

[quote]“If the US has someone whom historians will look back on as the gravedigger of American democracy, it is Mitch McConnell.”

Jesus Christ, if that isn’t the truth. People need to share the fuck out of this. Mitch McConnell is a villain the likes of which I thought only existed in bad film noir.

by Anonymousreply 513October 5, 2018 11:24 PM

The whole Brett thing just defied logic. He is poison. They could have and would have gotten another just as conservative justice but nooooooo, it HAD to be Brett. Something is fishy, smelly, dirty and it isn't Dump's foul, shit-crusted ass-crack.

Collins is a piece of shit. As is Flake.

Shit will come out about Brett well after this. They will look foolish. MMc is literally the devil. How the fuck does something so horrid looking and obviously so without principles get all those Repugs to follow along? If Reid had pulled even half the shit MMc has, he would be vilified by everyone especially the media.

Well played, Putin, well played.

by Anonymousreply 514October 5, 2018 11:27 PM

The only thing that would make sense to me is that these people are part of a "secret society" who believe in some prophecy that the end of time is right around the corner and they no longer give a fuck to keep their agenda hidden and are just being assholes right out in the open, because they aren't afraid of any consequences like public backlash.

by Anonymousreply 515October 5, 2018 11:33 PM

Dems need to do a better job of selling, making their case. For example. On Torture. I remember when I would hear, "This isn't who we are!! Torturing is wrong!!!" While the other side was saying Islamic terrorists, ISIS is coming to rip our hearts out and tear off our skin!!!!" Instead, the more potent argument is that when our soldiers are captured we need to make sure they aren't tortured. The only way to do that is to not make it a policy to torture theirs. Doesn't mean we never torture, but we want to keep our own fathers and sons who are fighting a war as safe as we can. I guess that I'm saying we need to make our case on practical kitchen table solutions instead of only appealing to idealism. I am not saying abandon idealism. Not at all. I'm just saying deal with the voters where they are, then bring them along in a way that makes sense to them. Tell them it's a big fucking lie that tax cuts a re real. The fact is, someone pays. It's a shell game. It's a matter of shifting costs. The people we decide not to help aren't going to disappear. We will pay now or pay later. We have a wonderful platform. We have excellent policies. We just do not do a good job of selling. That's my take anyway. I talk to people right now and they don't give a damn about anything but the fact the economy is fine and jobs are plentiful. Period.

by Anonymousreply 516October 5, 2018 11:36 PM

r516 I find the whole economy thing very suspect. Before the election, all the media and the right could talk about was, yes people had jobs, but those jobs were lower paying, everyone was "underemployed" and so on. Suddenly, Dump is elected and all the pain and bitching about the forgotten middle class disappears. What?

For a year, the Repugs didn't pass a fucking thing and the economy was in the same shape as it was. Suddenly we get huge tax cuts and still average monthly job reports yet everything is so great. What? We all know the tax cuts are juicing the economy a bit and the deficit is sky high while ALL the deficit hawks are completely fucking silent. What?

It is all about perception. The thing that changed it was the stock market. Suddenly no one was underemployed, the WWC voters weren't in a world of hurt.

by Anonymousreply 517October 5, 2018 11:54 PM

The Corporate Media helps the Republicans put out their message.

This is news?

by Anonymousreply 518October 5, 2018 11:57 PM

More people are coming forward with text that Cavanaugh was trying to direct their narrative.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519October 6, 2018 12:03 AM

r519 Nothing to see her, folks. Keep moving. If you look over here......

by Anonymousreply 520October 6, 2018 12:05 AM

Me too R500 & R 501. What are we going to do?

by Anonymousreply 521October 6, 2018 12:06 AM

Pres Tre45on is very happy tonight.

by Anonymousreply 522October 6, 2018 12:07 AM

We are going to keep our fucking powder dry and wait until we see the whites of their eyes then unleash hell.

by Anonymousreply 523October 6, 2018 12:19 AM

So the white male power structure wins again.

They are desperate to hold on to their power.

by Anonymousreply 524October 6, 2018 12:25 AM

And they are all so old! We need some young blood infused into the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 525October 6, 2018 12:27 AM

I used to think the Opium crisis was a cause of alarm, now I see it's just mother nature trimming Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 526October 6, 2018 12:32 AM

Republicans are going to use the same game plan when Mueller releases his findings. They'll get angry, start a backlash, and the media will play right along by scolding Democrats for bullying Trump and his poor family.

Just replace Kavanugh with Trump and you already know how this movie is going to end.

by Anonymousreply 527October 6, 2018 12:53 AM

There really is no such thing as justice in this world.

by Anonymousreply 528October 6, 2018 12:57 AM

The economy argument isn't a mystery. First please keep in mind that the Republicans are dishonest. I mean serious liars. In a campaign, you discredit your opponent and promote yourself. So even if the economy is good you can still psyche voters. Just exploit the "discouraged, dissatisfied, disappointed" thing. Most people are economically insecure. They worry about bills, they worry about lay offs, they worry about keeping a roof over their heads. Convince them they are not doing as well as they should be. The thing is, the Republicans have never had a very complicated program. They want less government regulation and lower taxes. They don't believe in the "welfare state" or anything that looks or smells like "socialism." So fuck you if you want or need help. But selling their lack of ideas to American voters is difficult. So they find something for you to hate, something for you to be afraid of, something to be "against." It works every time.

by Anonymousreply 529October 6, 2018 12:58 AM

The opium crisis?

by Anonymousreply 530October 6, 2018 12:59 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531October 6, 2018 1:09 AM

Avenatti can go jump in a lake too at this point. Where has he been? Where is all this "action" he promised us that he would be starting if they ignored him and his client? Not a thing from him in days until this tweet.

by Anonymousreply 532October 6, 2018 1:16 AM

THey've been working hard to discredit his client. If I were he I would've done the same thing. He is probably working overtime to develop more evidence and more information. He had to deal with all the shit that's been flying so I'm not surprised he stepped back for the past week or so.

by Anonymousreply 533October 6, 2018 1:26 AM

That's all well and good r533, except for the fact that TOMORROW is the day that Kavanaugh will be confirmed.

So what ever Avenatti has/had planned is TOO LATE.

by Anonymousreply 534October 6, 2018 1:29 AM

R533 his client is saying this happened in MD, right? So there's no statute of limitations, right? I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get charges pressed.

by Anonymousreply 535October 6, 2018 1:30 AM

What exactly is his client saying? Because I heard that she said she was present when they were Kavanaugh was part of a crowd of guys who regularly got girls drunk or drugged so they could take turns raping them. Unless others come forward to corroborate and there is a legitimate investigation into that kind of group activity, I don't see how this goes anywhere. Does anyone have anything more accurate than what I know?

by Anonymousreply 536October 6, 2018 1:47 AM

Can there be witness tampering without it being a criminal investigation? With all the shit coming out that Kavanaugh was contacting everyone trying to influence their stories or whether they would come forward, is there anything actually there or is it just another thing he gets away with.

I really kind of hope some victimized woman shivs the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 537October 6, 2018 1:51 AM

R536 according to Avenatti there were 6 witnesses who corroborated his client's story. The SJC and the FBI refused to look at any of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538October 6, 2018 1:53 AM

I'm thinking the only people coming forward with Avenatti's client are witnesses. Without an actual victim, no charges can be filed. The victim has to come forward.

I hope there's a Deep Throat in the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 539October 6, 2018 1:55 AM

Where the fuck is Mark Judge?

by Anonymousreply 540October 6, 2018 2:05 AM

R539 his client was supposedly a witness AND a victim.

by Anonymousreply 541October 6, 2018 2:07 AM

Probably on a bender, R540.

by Anonymousreply 542October 6, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote]Where the fuck is Mark Judge?

Bethany

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543October 6, 2018 3:02 AM

The Bush family truly [italic] hates [/italic] Trump.

So why was W making repeated phone calls all over the Senate in support of Trump’s nominee, BK?

It can’t just be that Kavanaugh served in the W White House. That would justify one call, maybe two. But it’s been reported that W made multiple calls to Susan Collins alone- not to mention calls to many others.

What gives?

Were he and Gannon both W’s FBs?

by Anonymousreply 544October 6, 2018 3:12 AM

Why would anyone think W was worth trusting? Or that he magically became some sort of good guy?

by Anonymousreply 545October 6, 2018 3:25 AM

Ashley Kavanaugh is EXTREMELY close to W. She was his left hand Girl Friday for years in TX, at the statehouse; she worked on his Presidential campaign and followed him to DC and continued to work in the West Wing.

I have no doubt it was she who personally appealed to W to get involved and help out her husband. And he did, probably out of loyalty and not because he thought BK was some great jurist. The Bushes are personally loyal to their personal minions, say whatever else.

by Anonymousreply 546October 6, 2018 3:28 AM

Maybe dumbya is worried he and Darth Cheney will be hauled in for war crimes?

As well they should

by Anonymousreply 547October 6, 2018 3:29 AM

All of it makes me feel so physically sick.

by Anonymousreply 548October 6, 2018 3:32 AM

r525, yes, I bring much fresh blood beck. And kidneys, pineal --- I have list!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549October 6, 2018 3:37 AM

Remember, remember the 6th of November

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 6, 2018 3:41 AM

Do the Rethugs seem worried about midterms?

by Anonymousreply 551October 6, 2018 3:46 AM

Abortion doctors and gay marriage officiators are warned. Your days are numbered so you better start looking for new careers. Thank you Senator Susan Colllins of Maine. Your seat on a throne in heaven is assured. Wicked hell bound sinners will be banished from a cleansed America: God’s America.

by Anonymousreply 552October 6, 2018 3:47 AM

Kavanaugh was also one of the lawyers who were involved with a lot of the torture policies under Bush.....thats why they wouldnt release certain documents and also why Bush is campaigning for him....gotta ensure hes quiet,

by Anonymousreply 553October 6, 2018 4:48 AM

Again, why anyone would ever think the Bush's aren't and will always be horrible people...

by Anonymousreply 554October 6, 2018 4:52 AM

I think it’s because the Bushes at least seem like Americans of a recognizable preppy upper class political type. The Trumps are like some sort of clan of gypsy aliens like we’ve never seen before. And yes, both families are criminal.

by Anonymousreply 555October 6, 2018 4:57 AM

I just want all the Rethugs and Deplorables to get theirs. Seriously. I can't stand their smugness. The gloating I'm seeing on social media makes me sick.

Someone think of amazing ways karma can make them regret their choices.

Not that their capable of regret without turning around and blaming HRC or Obama for all of it.

But share your fantasy scenarios where they suffer their decisions.

by Anonymousreply 556October 6, 2018 5:07 AM

To R466, R470, R477, you're replies are absurd, rude, and ridiculous. There is no need to harass someone who made an honest post. Back off.

by Anonymousreply 557October 6, 2018 5:28 AM

"your replies" ^

by Anonymousreply 558October 6, 2018 5:37 AM

R556 you mean like those people who were chanting for the wall and then found out that they were going to lose their homes and farms because the wall is going to run right through their property?

by Anonymousreply 559October 6, 2018 5:54 AM

I remember watching some of those people who were going to lose their land because of the wall. They still didn't connect that it was their own fault. Many of those people said they'd still vote for Drumpf. They believed he would make it right and change his mind about taking their land.

They never understand the consequences of their own actions.

by Anonymousreply 560October 6, 2018 6:08 AM

Or all those Deplorables screaming about how they NEED their Affordable Healthcare but didn't believe in Obamacare?

by Anonymousreply 561October 6, 2018 6:22 AM

I try not to hate but I really hate Republicans. There's not a single sane one in their group.

by Anonymousreply 562October 6, 2018 6:35 AM

WTF R477???? You have to be a troll.

by Anonymousreply 563October 6, 2018 6:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564October 6, 2018 6:42 AM

Fuck them all seriously. McTurtle, Lindsey, Ryan, Nunes, Kavanaugh, Collins... I want them all to fucking pay for their evil.

by Anonymousreply 565October 6, 2018 6:51 AM

Don't forget Grassley.

by Anonymousreply 566October 6, 2018 6:52 AM

Don't forget Flake. Im not letting him off the hook. I feel more and more like it was all a setup to make it look like they did a proper investigation and to make the Rapist look "clean," so he could go in and not be considered illegitimate.

by Anonymousreply 567October 6, 2018 6:54 AM

And don't forget Drumpf. He is at the top of that list.

by Anonymousreply 568October 6, 2018 6:54 AM

[quote]Pres Tre45on is very happy tonight.

Yes, he'll have been repulsively smug that, as he saw it, his disgusting performance in Mississippi made all the difference.

Just imagine the due deference he'll demand behind closed doors when all his favourite psychopaths foregather. How he'll of course boast about it, and require chuckling deep-voiced flattery. A 'POTUS' whose role models are senior Mafiosi.

by Anonymousreply 569October 6, 2018 6:55 AM

This fucking makes me sick all over again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570October 6, 2018 6:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571October 6, 2018 7:01 AM

Fuck. Them. ALl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 6, 2018 7:03 AM

^ hopefully that is what everyone will wake up to.

by Anonymousreply 573October 6, 2018 7:05 AM

How could I forget to add McGahn to that list.

All pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 574October 6, 2018 7:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 6, 2018 7:13 AM

I dont know why but I continue to be shocked with how much they get away with.

by Anonymousreply 576October 6, 2018 7:19 AM

Im with the poster above that said they havent felt this way since November 2016.

I feel so unsettled and upset.

by Anonymousreply 577October 6, 2018 7:20 AM

Seriously what is it going to take to take them down?

We've gotten to the point where nobody seems to care about any of the illegal shit Bone Spurs has done or is currently doing. Look at the Tax thing. It was barely talked about for more than a day. They've successfully managed to desensitize people to how fucking awful they are.

I don't know how to handle it. I think I need to take a break

by Anonymousreply 578October 6, 2018 7:22 AM

In some Mueller news:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579October 6, 2018 7:30 AM

I totally hear you R578. Take a break if you need to but stay strong and hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 580October 6, 2018 7:31 AM

And what happened with the Rod Rosenstein meeting?

by Anonymousreply 581October 6, 2018 7:33 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582October 6, 2018 7:35 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583October 6, 2018 7:38 AM

R578 I get it. It's hard not to get upset and need to shut some of the noise off. I've been there. I got a lot of encouragement from the people on these threads who kept reminding me that we're the majority and we will continue to fight. Take a break if you need to but check back in from time to time when you need to surround yourself with people who feel similarly.

by Anonymousreply 584October 6, 2018 7:42 AM

Thanks for the new thread. These threads used to go lightning fast and now they're pretty slow.

by Anonymousreply 585October 6, 2018 7:43 AM

R585 it's been pretty slow with Mueller news. I think a lot of people are burnt out as well.

by Anonymousreply 586October 6, 2018 7:45 AM

I think DL has been pretty slow overall. I wonder if there's been a drop in traffic.

by Anonymousreply 587October 6, 2018 7:46 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588October 6, 2018 7:47 AM

I think another thing is that there are several threads for several of the news items these days so everyone's posts are all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 589October 6, 2018 7:48 AM

That's true too R589. I personally like having one thread to come back to.

by Anonymousreply 590October 6, 2018 7:50 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591October 6, 2018 7:51 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 592October 6, 2018 7:51 AM

this

by Anonymousreply 593October 6, 2018 7:52 AM

thread

by Anonymousreply 594October 6, 2018 7:52 AM

When are we having that DC bar meet up?

by Anonymousreply 595October 6, 2018 7:52 AM

Out

by Anonymousreply 596October 6, 2018 7:53 AM

Continued discussion at link below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597October 6, 2018 7:53 AM

R595 I don't even remember where that meet up was supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 598October 6, 2018 7:53 AM

Closing this thread.

by Anonymousreply 599October 6, 2018 7:54 AM

New thread at link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600October 6, 2018 7:54 AM

I dont remember where it was supposed to be either but Im looking forward to it as much as Im looking forward to Treason of the Witch!

by Anonymousreply 601October 6, 2018 7:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!