Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 12: Dangling Tendrils, Ill-Fitting Gowns, is it Time for a Style Intervention for New Royal Duchess Meghan?

Every day brings a new disaster. Carry on! Prior bitchfest here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Sky News reporting on that cookbook crap, showing the DuchAss of Suck-Sex in the middle of some Grenfell women.

She always knows where the cameras are.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Now, now all - I dislike her profoundly but at least here she seems to be doing her job. The unbuttoned blouse is a wearisome reminder of her hunger for attention but, hey - it's minorities and it's cooking, and if they're letting her take the credit for it, they know it's the only way to get the money.

So, as I said earlier, let's see how it sells.

I do think the timing of this was quite interesting, as Kate beat her to the punch last week with a new initiative for helping disadvantaged children in (are you sitting down?), "Broken Britain". I'm sure our PM is too too thrilled at the name of the programme.

So hot on the heels of Kate's announcement, which included secret meetings with other leaders whilst still on maternity leave, comes the sudden announcement of Meghan's "Cook Me Kate" initiative!

The royals should really take this show on the road.

Oh, wait . . . .

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2018 8:58 PM

Prepare for a mouthful of word salad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2018 9:37 PM

"scents of cardamom, curry and ginger dancing through the air"

What pretentious drivel.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2018 9:41 PM

Collard greens, black eyed peas and cornbread is her favorite meal? Right.

by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2018 10:35 PM

That forward is way too long and way too much about her (of course).

I find it amusing that for all her talk about her favorite meals and them representing home, she makes no mention of her father's matzo ball soup.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2018 10:39 PM

Jesus, three pages of a foreword and it's almost all about her.

I'm sure the media will be filled with nothing but praise. You should see CB they're drowning in kleenex whilst a separate column on Kate's new initiative is filled with contempt and venom.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out over the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2018 10:51 PM

Gawd, I can't wait for Yuge's wedding so we can do clothes again.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2018 10:52 PM

I don't see the harm in including Meghan on the cover of the cookbook. Our society is so celebrity-obsessed that it'll boost sales. I did roll my eyes a bit at the self-indulgent foreword, though.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2018 11:00 PM

Agreed R6. Pa Markle's going to be outraged that Doria's gumbo got a mention but his shipments of matzo balls didn't make the foreword.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2018 12:21 AM

BTW - the photo shoot? Done at Kensington Palace kitchen. So she didn't even go there. They came to her, she changed shirts at least once, they served (pun not intended) as her props. PLEASE read the forward. Dear Christ.

by Anonymousreply 11September 18, 2018 12:23 AM

R11 - I dare you to go on to Celebitchy and post that the photo shoot was done at KP and she changed shirts twice and the plebs served as her PR props.

If you're not home by dark tomorrow we'll contact Missing Persons and point them in Kaiser's direction.

by Anonymousreply 12September 18, 2018 12:35 AM

I thought her favorite meal was a pasta thing?

by Anonymousreply 13September 18, 2018 3:29 AM

Did she tell the ladies how to roast a chicken using nothing but their magical breasts and they too can bag a dim, malleable prince?

by Anonymousreply 14September 18, 2018 3:33 AM

I don't know, I'm reading the Beard Club on twitter and those Eugenie shots -- . And Harry and Meghan? I'm convinced. It explains Mulroney/Markle and Markle's constant wearing of labels that Mulroney has scraped up some relationship with, even when it's scraps. I guess what goes in Mulroney's pocket goes in Meghan's pocket. Although aren't Mulroney's pockets deep already - she's an heiress? And the background of some of Markle's "posse". And there we are with why Harry is constantly going to Botswana, and after it's announced, we can't track him. Did we get any shots of his last visit to Africa? If not, what was the point of him going? Don't answer that. :)

by Anonymousreply 15September 18, 2018 3:40 AM

PS - and that lady with Doria. Sure looks like what they say it is. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 16September 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Oh FFS R15 would you Americans please realise that much of the rest of the world operates differently to you!?!?

People elsewhere are more sophisticated and less uptight about behaviour which you would see as gay but which we see as relaxed people confident in their sexuality (whatever that is) enjoying life with their friends.

Overlay that with the English upper classes doing whatever they like with no regard to public opinion...you need to try and understand that what you experience is different to that of much of the rest of the civilised world.

by Anonymousreply 17September 18, 2018 7:26 AM

R11 I couldn't read the small type but if she really didn't go to the Grenfell kitchen and had them all come to her, that's just awful. How does she think she can get away with this with no one noticing her obvious PR moves. She had a woman in the video claim that it was ALL MEG'S IDEA that they do a cookbook of their recipes and it never would have happened without Saint Meggie and her genius and ideas.

She was dressed completely inappropriate with her buttoned down to her bra blouse. And this was 4 months before her wedding, still playing the sexy ingenue. At least she seemed more at home cooking with the women than at any other event. She seems repelled by kids, handicapped athletes, the elderly and more who aren't part of the Hamilton cast.

by Anonymousreply 18September 18, 2018 7:52 AM

R11 erm, are you sure about that? William at the Al Manaar/Hubb Kitchen &....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 18, 2018 10:45 AM

R11 ...Meghan in the same place during the photoshoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 18, 2018 10:45 AM

R17, Sure, Jan. Nice try.

by Anonymousreply 21September 18, 2018 10:59 AM

How many days is it till 12 October?

by Anonymousreply 22September 18, 2018 1:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 18, 2018 3:10 PM

R23 I bet it will be something see through!

by Anonymousreply 24September 18, 2018 3:30 PM

R23 - Hot damn! Thanks for the info. Interestingly, I think Kate's first solo outing was at the National Gallery (Portrait Gallery?). She wore a gorgeous grey tweed short skirt dress.

R24 - I bet it will be something black.

by Anonymousreply 25September 18, 2018 4:27 PM

R20 even that white shirt didn't fit. She's a little bent over but it's too tight in the back along her braline then down lower it looks looser like she tied it around her waist. Her skin is even showing. from how high she tied it. Combine that with the unbuttoned to her braline blouse in the video and she's still pulling her sexy actress card, In the video for the cookbook there was once scene where she was hacnig to hold her blouse shut at the chest with her hand as she helped scoop food out of a pot for risking another wardrobe malfunction of her own choosing.

by Anonymousreply 26September 18, 2018 5:29 PM

MasterChef just outed herself with this one:

[quote]scents of cardamom, curry and ginger dancing through the air

This is confirmation (as if we needed it) that her knowledge of food and cooking begins and ends with throwing a slightly-off adjective in front of a written ingredient. If she knew anything at all, she would know that cardamom and ginger are components of the masala that flavors the curry. It's like writing:

[quote]scents of sugar, water, lemonade and lemon dancing through the air

Her mind obviously went straight to curry powder in a jar as a discrete ingredient, something that a person cooking the type of food she's talking about would never, ever dream of using.

She really is an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 18, 2018 6:09 PM

I think her identity is so entwined with being the sexy ingenue that she just can't let go under any circumstance. Like some women can't leave the house without makeup, even if the house was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 28September 18, 2018 7:14 PM

I’ve said it before, but Jesus, she’s such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2018 8:39 PM

R17 listens to her gay husband and believes everything he tells her.

by Anonymousreply 30September 19, 2018 1:02 AM

ITV released their "Queen of the World: documentary trailer and friggin Megs has more time than Wills, Harry and Kate as the "next generation" of royals who will follow in her footsteps. Meagain is seen looking at her wedding gown on the eve of the ceremony mooning over her veil and the commonwealth symbols emboidered on it. This fake ass Hollywood Z llister has more on screen time than Kate, the future Queen consort who has given her three heirs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 19, 2018 1:09 PM

R31 - It's a two part documentary. Did they show both parts or just Part I? Kate and William and their children may feature more in the second half. The focus on Sparkle is undoubtedly an attempt to pull in Diverse Britain.

Meanwhile, Buck House has announced another royal wedding: Lady Gabriella Windsor, daughter of our very own Princess Michael (and her husband, Prince Michael) of Kent.

As far down as the Kents are this will feature big in outlets like HELLO and the DM, as Prince Michael is the Queen's first cousin, but not merit even the remotest suggestion of a broadcast.

The real fun will be seeing what Pss. Michael wears as the mother of the bride.

Ah, we got fun times coming up!

by Anonymousreply 32September 19, 2018 1:22 PM

The Kents are by far the most elegant and stylish members of the BRF today and always have been in living memory. You can bet Princess Michael will look fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 33September 19, 2018 1:48 PM

Another royal wedding in the future - Lady Gabriella Windsor is engaged to this hunk, Thomas Kingston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 19, 2018 2:40 PM

The more KP try to sell MM, the more obdurate the public has become in rejecting their pr tactics. Yet MM and PH must be taking note of negative public opinion, because their Cotswold place has been described as their 'safe haven'.

by Anonymousreply 35September 19, 2018 2:56 PM

Read this comment on DM. Anyone know who it is? PC or W?

"Buckingham palace seem to have a lot of announcements lately , anything on a future kings close association with a rather controversial dj including staying at his highland retreat"

by Anonymousreply 36September 19, 2018 3:42 PM

R32 If they're filming the wedding dress then the doc was recorded over the last few months so we'll probably get minimum Kate as she's been on maternity leave.

I don't think it's about diversity really, ITV don't care about diversity, the Palace are pushing the whole Royal Family of the Commonwealth shtick because they're more popular outside the UK than they are in it, hence why they're showing and making a point of the symbolism in MM's veil, showing Charles in Canada etc... HBO are showing it too (& prob helped fund it) so they'll want as many shots of "the american princess" as they can get.

Princess Michael has probably picked out the most expensive and most rascist brooch in her collection for her daughters special day... Or she can just wear her dad's old nazi uniform.

by Anonymousreply 37September 19, 2018 3:46 PM

R36 controversial DJ? who do they mean?

by Anonymousreply 38September 19, 2018 3:50 PM

Birkhall is Prince Charles' highland estate r36. He inherited it from the late Queen Mother.

by Anonymousreply 39September 19, 2018 3:51 PM

R38 DJ Khaled of course. But Lil P. Chuck says he doesn't at all mind plumbing the depths of Camilla "Cardi" PB's lady parts. No sexist controversy here.

by Anonymousreply 40September 19, 2018 4:50 PM

Prince George and DJ Lance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 19, 2018 5:23 PM

Maybe Jimmy Savile? He’s as controversial as they come, had a little cottage in the Highlands (I think the locals set it on fire when it all came out) and he was invited to royal residences because of his charity work.

by Anonymousreply 42September 19, 2018 5:24 PM

R37 - actually, my guess is Pss. Michael has far more expensive brooches in her collection than that Blackamoor one she so tactlessly wore to be introduced to Sparkle. But in fact, those brooches were not originally framed precisely as racist - they were part of an epochal interest in Orientalism, and as a decorative movement, were also produced in furniture, clothing, and sculpture. Unless you want to count all exoticism, which this movement really fell into, as racist because it objectifies other cultures - in which case you can call racist a good bit of ballet, music, etc. Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade is a good example of the era's obsession with Orientalism, a ballet was made of it as well starring Nijinsky, the ballet of Raymonda - there are many examples. The brooches and other art of this kind are actually part of the art history of the West and its encounters with other cultures.

That said, you are quite right that later European and American history absolutely puts the brooch into another light. I'm always against trying to erase past history, but a bit of discretion in displaying art of this kind (and most of them are works of art) should have stopped the bitch from wearing it at this particular outing.

But that's, as the Queen sarcastically calls her, Our Val. (Short for Valkyrie.)

by Anonymousreply 43September 19, 2018 5:30 PM

R42 Ah yep ofc, i tried to forget about him... if you google their names there is a slew of daily mail articles and conspiracy theory websites talking about their friendship.

by Anonymousreply 44September 19, 2018 5:34 PM

R43 Absolutely, that brooch and similar accessories are works of art, but i think should be in the jewelry gallery at the V&A or somewhere & not be worn for a Christmas party... someone needs to get her one of those flashing xmas tree badges, much more festive.

by Anonymousreply 45September 19, 2018 5:52 PM

R45 - Unless I am misremembering, she and Wallis, Duchess of Windsor, were quite chummy and Wallis left some very valuable jewellery to Pss. Michael some of which the Dook had taken out of the royal family and some of which he bought her after their marriage. I don't know if the Blackamoor Brooch was amongst those. And, not sure where I read it but Wallis was urged to leave some of it to other lower rank royal women who were, I think the quote was, "hardworking gals" - I'm guessing they referred to Pss. Alexandra and the Duchess of Gloucester, but she refused and what she did give back, went to PM. PM would also have gotten stuff from her mother in law, the late Duchess of Kent. Research might turn up from which source the brooch came from. If it indeed came from her mother in law, it is telling that the erstwhile Duchess didn't wear it, but PM did. I think it also quite telling that Wallis liked PM but none of the other royal women. It doesn't say much for PM that Wallis liked her, in my view.

R45 - I agree, wearing such a brooch today carries too much baggage, but they are beautifully wrought and part of an era and should be stewarded, in context.

by Anonymousreply 46September 19, 2018 6:04 PM

According to this article Kate is in the doc, she will be seen, but not heard, which lets face it, is her job now she's produced enough heirs. We'll hear from Meghan tho... can't wait to hear what she has to say 😒

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 19, 2018 6:06 PM

R35 - If your only source for this are the btl comments in the DM, you might want to dial that back. My own view is that this vast majority of the British public don't give a flying fuck about Meghan one way or the other. I won't argue that the BRF is anxious to sell her and this marriage, but I'd like a bit more info "negative" opinions about her more broadly than the DM and Tumblr blogs. Got any?

by Anonymousreply 48September 19, 2018 6:18 PM

R46 "hardworking gals", lmao, Wallis was such a bitch, i love it.

I'm sure Princess Pushy was best of friends with Wallis, after all The Windsors did have a giant mansion in the south of france to vacation at. Similar to how Princess Pushy MKII is now BBF's with a celeb couple who happen to have a beautiful house by Lake Como.

by Anonymousreply 49September 19, 2018 6:24 PM

R49 More invention from the DL. Princess Michael would have done well to be best friends with Wallis as by the time that she arrived on the scene, the Duke was dead and Wallis was a bedridden recluse who was unable to speak and who spent the last decade of her life in a coma in her house in the Bois de Boulogne attended to be nurses and exploited by her lawyer.

There was no house in the south of France.

by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2018 7:39 PM

I had heard, as mentioned above, that the Duke of Windsor took some of the jewels belonging to the monarch (when he was no longer king) and gave them to Wallis.

Has that story ever been confirmed?

When both the Duke and Duchess were dead, were any of the purloined royal jewels identified?

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2018 7:55 PM

R51 the story has never been confirmed.

The Duchess requested in her will that her jewellery collection be auctioned after her death with the proceeds going to the Pasteur Institute, which they were, in 1987.

This was the first of the big celebrity auctions and raised a huge amount of money. The Pasteur Institute was the leading AIDS research centre in Europe at the time.

If any jewels which were purloined from the British Royal Family appeared in the auction catalogue it would have been noticed!

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2018 8:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2018 8:37 PM

Poor little Meghan is all alone and friendless at the Soho Farmhouse....ERRR her Oxfordshire home with Harry.

Sources in the Oxfordshire village where she and Harry have a country house and now spend much of their time tell The Daily Beast that when Meghan is spotted walking in the Great Tew estate on which their house stands, she is usually sighted alone.

“There never seems to be anyone with her except a cop following at a discreet distance. She does not seem unhappy but she does seem very solitary,” says the local.

The source says there rarely seem to be visitors to their house, and when the couple do venture out to nearby Soho Farmhouse with friends, Meghan is always with Harry and people from his circle of buddies, not hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2018 8:42 PM

>>She does not seem unhappy

Of course she doesn't seem unhappy - being the DuchAss of Suck-Sex is what she wanted to be and being the DuchAss of Suck-Sex is what she is now, so there's absolutely no reason for the pretentious social-climbing attention whore to be unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 55September 19, 2018 8:51 PM

Aw, poor little lonely asshole.

by Anonymousreply 56September 19, 2018 9:23 PM

R53 - I doubt very much that Lady Colin Campbell is an arm of Sparkle's PR, and, in fact, I would guess that this is the last thing that Sparkle would like circulated, that she doesn't - quite - fit - in. The DM has given it a bit of Poor Lonely Meghan pathos to cover what is clearly shade being thrown at Sparkle for precisely that: she doesn't belong.

Given who the DM's readership is, mentioning Sparkle's extreme liberal views is a form of malicious shade. The rest is just cover.

I also don't doubt that Harry's crowd loathe her, not because of her liberal views, but because they can see her for what she is: a famewhore social climbing grifter who glommed on to Harry as her Last Great Hope of A-List Status at 36.

I also don't doubt that her only "friends" outside of Harry are her makeup and stylist.

Oh, wait, I forgot about George and Amal.

by Anonymousreply 57September 19, 2018 9:25 PM

[quote]Meghan is spotted walking in the Great Tew estate on which their house stands, she is usually sighted alone.

This sounds like a ghost story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 19, 2018 9:29 PM

R56, I do think Harry is very much into her lonely asshole.

He probably is right now.

by Anonymousreply 59September 19, 2018 9:29 PM

It's Radar but the thought of her telling Prince George what to do is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 19, 2018 9:30 PM

Presenting her holes to him turned out to be pretty successful when it comes to distract the royal idiot, so you guess what she's doing whenever there's danger in paradise.

by Anonymousreply 61September 19, 2018 9:38 PM

R57 Right, I doubt Lady Man Campbell has the inside scoop here, she's a massive shit stirrer and has been for years, she wrote books on Diana and the Queen mother claiming there were her good friends and confidants but yet somehow this well-to-do, in the know aristocrat and socialite ended up on I’m A Celebrity, she's full of more shit than Meghan herself... not to mention what 69yr old knows the ins and outs of a 30 something friendship group.

by Anonymousreply 62September 19, 2018 9:39 PM

So what happens after Woody kicks the bucket? Is Ronan going to fight Soon-Yi over his estate?

by Anonymousreply 63September 19, 2018 9:50 PM

R57 - I wouldn't be surprised if Diana confided in LCC, Diana's judgement wasn't the best in that arena. And frankly, I thought some of LCC's insights into Diana's "issues" weren't too far off the mark, although they were hardly hers alone.

But as to her contacts nowadays in AristoLand, who knows? If there is a leak here, wouldn't it be delicious if it were from some of Harry's pals, whose loathing for Sparkle prompted it?

by Anonymousreply 64September 19, 2018 9:56 PM

R63 - You sly dog.

by Anonymousreply 65September 19, 2018 10:00 PM

If (that's a big if) she's really venting to her new "family she always wanted" about their practices, she's even more dim than I thought.

She's the new girl. It's up to her to fit in.

I doubt they passed her a gun or ever planned to include her in their activities.

If she doesn't "approve", I doubt they give a single shit. Except to make note of her extremely bad manners toward her husband's family.

by Anonymousreply 66September 20, 2018 12:25 AM

The "Cotswold Place" is Soho House. Even their frigging Boswell, the dude whose name I can't remember but who tumblr call Scobie, is an ex of Markus Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 67September 20, 2018 12:38 AM

You forgot about her girlfriend Jessica Mulroney and her pimp - wait - representative - Markus Anderson. Others may come and go, be ghosted, be PR only. Those two are eternal.

by Anonymousreply 68September 20, 2018 12:41 AM

Great comment from DM under lady GB article.

"Zara did not have a low key wedding. I'm fed up with people thinking that the Phillips live like ordinary people. Zara used the Palace of Holyrood House in Edinburgh which had to be opened specially for her as it is not often used. The wedding service was in a nearby church outwith the palace grounds so the bill for security at Zara's wedding must have been large too. They also had some pre wedding celebrations on board the Royal Yacht Britannia which would have been expensive to hire. The guests were photographed extremely hung over the next morning. Peter Phillips was married in St George's chapel, same as Prince Harry, had a carriage ride and reception in Frogmore, just like Harry. He also sold his wedding photos to Hello magazine"

by Anonymousreply 69September 20, 2018 1:00 AM

That DM comment misses the point. Sparkles is leaking like crazy to her media favorites claiming Eugenie is overspending and it is EUGENIE who is too low ranked to merit a splashy royal wedding like the one featuring Meghan. Nobody is saying Prince Harry shouldn't have married at Windsor, however tacky, trashy, hasty and low rent the event turned out to be. It is SPARKLE trying desperately to assert that she outranks Eugenie, but at the same time, is equal to Catherine as all Duchesses are the same.

by Anonymousreply 70September 20, 2018 1:09 AM

This manic hatred of MM is bizarre. Where is the wit and the wisdom behind the barbs? These threads sound like a pack of Harry stalkers foaming at the mouth. The cookbook has already topped the best seller lists before publication and MM features in the doco ads because she is POPULAR. The woman isn’t the devil, just a chick who angled her way to the top of the royal tree. This vitriol is getting old, sharpen up your knives or give it a bloody rest.

by Anonymousreply 71September 20, 2018 1:55 AM

She isn’t popular r71 no matter how much the media try to cram her down everyone’s throat. There will always be stans for every famewhore but reality is she just isn’t popular among the average Brit.

by Anonymousreply 72September 20, 2018 2:33 AM

New Outfit Alert!

According to LBC, Buckaroo Beanzai will be hosting a reception for the Grenfell cookbook women at KP later today.

Apologies if already posted and I missed it.

by Anonymousreply 73September 20, 2018 3:12 AM

Wednesday, or did you mean it is on Thursday, R73?

by Anonymousreply 74September 20, 2018 3:52 AM

There is no manic hatred of MM, people are simply observant. It's what she puts out there. Nothing wrong with not falling for her basic, basic PR.

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2018 3:59 AM

Thursday UK, r74.

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2018 4:03 AM

Thanks R73 for the laugh... "Buckaroo Beanzai"!!!

So, are they using the kitchen at Nottingham Cottage?

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2018 4:04 AM

We shall see how this plays out. I want to see how she styles herself - again no hairnet? White shirt unbuttoned to bra line? A cross-promotion with Birks immediately taking to social media to tout she's wearing their earings? What exactly happens here - the media gather in the kitchen, watch them cook, then everybody sits down to eat while it's filmed?

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2018 4:06 AM

Will the luscious sun ripened scents of shadiness and desperation be dancing through the air?

by Anonymousreply 79September 20, 2018 4:10 AM

Here's a leaked photo of an early version of her outfit for the cookbook launch. It will be the same, just longer and with an asymmetrical hem, and she'll wear it unbuttoned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 20, 2018 4:17 AM

R60 she's such a hypocrite. The family eats the birds that they shoot on the hunts. Where the hell did she think the chicken she was roasting for Harry when he proposed came from? It was probably killed in a a horrific way at a factory so she could buy it at the local grocery store. Hunting game to eat isn't inherently evil. Trophy hunting is, but hunting for food the BRF eats is a different case.

by Anonymousreply 81September 20, 2018 6:59 AM

This would be the PERFECT chance for Meghan to wear a British affordable High Street brand for the cookbook appearance. She's going to be among displaced mostly poor British citizens who manage to scrape by day to day existences. But knowing MeAgain, she'll show up in an $1500 Ralph Lauren shirt and trousers as yet another FU to the British people. Or if she goes affordable, it will be another Canadian brand that Jessica Mulroney is getting a payoff from.

This woman has zero concept of dressing for the occasion. For her to do it now would be a shock. Hell, in the cookbook video she had a white blouse unbuttoned down to her bra to be around a bunch of Muslim women while cooking. She even had to hold her blouse shut while pouring food from a bowl because her boob was about to pop out.

by Anonymousreply 82September 20, 2018 7:08 AM

And HER apron was rolled down to the waist to show (and not protect) her decolletage and white blouse...the other ladies had full length aprons. I wonder what would become of her if she actually wore her apron over her chest...she'd melt?

by Anonymousreply 83September 20, 2018 9:31 AM

Here she is today at the book launch, with Mom and Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 20, 2018 1:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Lipstick on a pig. You can put lipstick on it, it's still a pig.

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2018 2:16 PM

The vicious racism in these threads are shameful. I would love to believe these are Russian bots but no these are DL posters.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2018 2:20 PM

LETS DERAIL THIS THREAD!!

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2018 2:23 PM

Meghan is the pig I was referring to.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2018 2:23 PM

Why if you don't like someone, you are either a Russian bot, a raciest, or a Russian raciest bot. Frankly, I am fucking sick of being called a raciest because someone doesn't agree with you, Anonymous Reply #87. Go look in the mirror. I find those that who scream the loudest are those that have the most to hide.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2018 2:54 PM

R87. This marriage is fake as F. The cookbook is another diversity ploy. Royals trying to save their asses in the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2018 3:06 PM

Don’t give r87 the oxygen it craves. It’s just a race baiting troll shrieking into the void.

by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2018 3:11 PM

That blue coat is rather nice.

by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2018 3:13 PM

Fake, ugly, grifter, bitchy wanna-be.

by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2018 3:21 PM

Why the hell is Doria doing royal duties?

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2018 3:34 PM

Big hug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 20, 2018 3:39 PM

R95

Can you imagine the outrage if Carole Middleton pulled this shit?

by Anonymousreply 97September 20, 2018 3:40 PM

^ sorry wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 98September 20, 2018 3:40 PM

Doria is now on the royal pay roll? What till Pa Markle and half-sister Samantha hear? The shit will hit the fan.

by Anonymousreply 99September 20, 2018 3:49 PM

^ Wait till

by Anonymousreply 100September 20, 2018 3:50 PM

R95 I think it might be to soften Sparkle's image after her father and sister's outrage. "Oh look, MM has a Mother she is close to".

by Anonymousreply 101September 20, 2018 3:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 20, 2018 3:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 20, 2018 3:54 PM

Doria's outfit is lovely. Do you think the BRF are buying her clothes? I've only seen her in yoga gear sonot sure.

by Anonymousreply 104September 20, 2018 3:58 PM

I think Doria looks more chic than the Duchess. Is Dimwit Duke such a wimp he lets them walk in front of him???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 20, 2018 3:59 PM

She talks with her hands. It's all about ME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 20, 2018 3:59 PM

Hi, it's MEagain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 20, 2018 4:00 PM

Group hug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108September 20, 2018 4:01 PM

Their smiles are odd. "What are we doing here?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 20, 2018 4:02 PM

Thank God, she's finished her speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Why is it always black or navy blue? Her mother is dressed better than Meghan is.

by Anonymousreply 111September 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Is it too much to ask for Harry to make an effort? What does he look so casual? Did he just decide at the last minute to attend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112September 20, 2018 4:05 PM

A meme that speaks for itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113September 20, 2018 4:05 PM

This made me laugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 20, 2018 4:07 PM

I see tendrils.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 20, 2018 4:09 PM

She's very animated. Let us pray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 20, 2018 4:10 PM

Stop touching your fuckin' hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 20, 2018 4:11 PM

She's touching her hair around the food too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 20, 2018 4:12 PM

She's still praying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 20, 2018 4:13 PM

Touchy feely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 20, 2018 4:14 PM

Harry’s just an afterthought the way megs got out of that car like she owned the place.

by Anonymousreply 121September 20, 2018 4:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 20, 2018 4:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 20, 2018 4:20 PM

We told you, after the abuse we suffered on the cookbook shoot, that we'd revolt, R118. And now here we are, revolting. Absolutely revolting.

by Anonymousreply 124September 20, 2018 4:25 PM

Blue coat is a pretty color, but rather shapeless in a “Burlington Coat Factory” way.

Why is she wearing black during the day?

Why is she wearing a sleeveless tank top if it’s cold enough for a winter coat?

Why does Doria always look stoned?!

Sparkle’s speech was vomitous. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 125September 20, 2018 4:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 20, 2018 4:48 PM

Hair dangling over the food. Yuck.

What are those things her mother is wearing around her ankles?

So Mom is living with the happy couple? Never a good sign in any marriage. Must be cramped in Nottingham Cottage.

And, what's the betting on a delay in those "renovations" at KP?

by Anonymousreply 127September 20, 2018 5:05 PM

R103. Meghan admitting she is a diversity tool. Prince Harry should have just came out of the closet, this hot mess isn't going to fly. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 128September 20, 2018 5:21 PM

I don’t understand why she seems to go out of her way to sound insincere.

She can’t possibly REALLY be this cheesy, can she?

by Anonymousreply 129September 20, 2018 5:30 PM

The official BRF SJW.

by Anonymousreply 130September 20, 2018 5:32 PM

Her "diversity" line is very telling. She lived in the multicultural city of Toronto for six or seven years. I didn't hear her talk about diversity then. Now, it's become convenient.

by Anonymousreply 131September 20, 2018 5:32 PM

Are British taxpayers now paying for her mother's clothes too?

by Anonymousreply 132September 20, 2018 6:14 PM

MeAgain went 100 pct Canadian with her outfit, showing Jessica Mulroney is still pulling the merch strings.

Smythe blue coat is Canadian, retails for $1,200. Her skirt is Misha Nonoo, the woman rumored to have introduced her to Harry. At least it's just around $300. Megs wore her white "Husband Shirt" for her first public appearance at the Invictus Games in Toronto three months before their engagement was announced.

God, this would have been the PERFECT place to finally support a British label among impoverished British citizens and she's still merching off that ghoul Jessica. She really is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2018 6:23 PM

In the book forward, she talked about how people crave certain recipes when they're far from home. This time, instead of her cute story about Dad FedExing food from the restaurant, she talked about how she waited "with bated breath" for winter so she could have her mom's gumbo soup. Her mom's the PR prop now. This must be like a stab in the heart to her father. I'm sure we'll hear from him (or his other daughter) soon.

by Anonymousreply 134September 20, 2018 6:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 20, 2018 6:48 PM

Talk about cliches - does she actually know what 'bated breath' means, the classically trained Shakespearean actress that she is? Or not.

by Anonymousreply 136September 20, 2018 6:51 PM

When I think collards and cornbread, I don’t tnink “cuisine de Los Angeles.”

by Anonymousreply 137September 20, 2018 7:09 PM

R133 at this point it has to be deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 138September 20, 2018 7:09 PM

Misha Nonoo is an American label, so Bean has two of her three bases covered. I'm sure she must have a French accessory in there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Excerpt from the 2nd last paragraph concluding Sparky's 3 page Foreword, aka TIG Jello Salad -

"From a Thanksgiving supper, to a Shabbat dinner, or a Sunday roast, the meals that bring us together are the meals that allow us to grow, to listen, to engage and to be present."

Had no idea that the Brits come together over 'Thanksgiving supper' and the highlight of Grenville community is celebrating Shabbat, .

The pics should have tipped me off.

by Anonymousreply 140September 20, 2018 7:20 PM

Meghan has clearly not inherited her mother's dress sense. This is the second time I've seen her mother, and the second time she is dressed better and more elegantly than her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 141September 20, 2018 7:38 PM

I mean, she could employ real writers to help avoid such embarrassment, yes?

So I can only assume she’s trolling us.

by Anonymousreply 142September 20, 2018 7:39 PM

R140 hahahahahaha omfg

This attention whore is such an idiot it's beyond believable.

Of course she's an asshole, too.

;-)

by Anonymousreply 143September 20, 2018 7:43 PM

She seems to be deluded about her skills, talents and popularity.

by Anonymousreply 144September 20, 2018 7:44 PM

Didn’t she have some writing-adjacent major at Northwestern?

So why can’t she write?

by Anonymousreply 145September 20, 2018 7:59 PM

My humble wordcraft is imbued with a subtle spirituality which endeavours to elevate my fellow travellers to the same lofty heights of kindness, generosity, and grace that I myself inhabit. That is my mission.

Namaste,

by Anonymousreply 146September 20, 2018 8:08 PM

Her mother is adorable but she needs a better bra. I have no Meghan hate, I hope she's having fun in her new life. I sure would like to live in a palace.

by Anonymousreply 147September 20, 2018 8:28 PM

Have read her speech, it was all about her. She didn't say anything much about who the people were who did the cooking or the stories of the victims of Grenfell. Or where the proceeds were going. Maybe it was agreed. I don't know. It was a bit weird, maybe that's how american's do things like that.

I also see people asking who the guests were. US Frau's and Meghan haters seem to be getting their knickers into a twist over some little known muslim holiday which apparently doesn't apply to all muslims (as they think) just Shia muslims who are a minority.

by Anonymousreply 148September 20, 2018 8:39 PM

Meghan admitting she is a diversity tool.

NO-- Meghan admitting she is a tool.

by Anonymousreply 149September 20, 2018 9:30 PM

Hope Doria the Explora isn't working, it's against the law to work on a tourist visa whether you are paid or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 150September 20, 2018 10:37 PM

R150 That visa rule has changed, per www.gov.uk — “Visitors under the Standard route will also be able to carry out 30 days’ unpaid volunteering at a UK-registered charity without having to be sponsored under the work routes.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151September 20, 2018 11:19 PM

It is blindingly obvious they don’t have a mirror at Nottingham Cottage but surely they have a travel iron at least? Dora’s pants need a quick going-over.

by Anonymousreply 152September 20, 2018 11:40 PM

R151 So Megs may be a registered charity. Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 153September 20, 2018 11:49 PM

[quote]Dora’s pants need a quick going-over.

While she's in them, yes? I'll go get my knee pads...

by Anonymousreply 154September 20, 2018 11:52 PM

Poor Haz wasn't advised that you're not supposed to kiss and hug Muslim women. This woman couldn't get away from him fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 20, 2018 11:55 PM

I love how in the clip at R155 Megs gestures for Harry to greet the woman. Who is in charge? Looks like Sparkle

by Anonymousreply 156September 21, 2018 12:09 AM

That is some funny shit! The dimwit moniker clearly applies to the prince and explains why he was such a sucker for Sparkle's "charms."

by Anonymousreply 157September 21, 2018 12:09 AM

Just watched the video and was about to say the same thing, R155. Men don’t touch traditional (I.e. veiled) Muslim women - I think unless they are either married or related to them.

If you’re meeting a Muslim woman and you are male, the correct response instead of shaking hands (and certainly instead of going in for the double kiss FFS!) is to clasp you hands together over your heart and slightly bow your head.

That’s what I do. I can’t believe that Harry has never been told this - especially as a non-Muslim man living in London.

by Anonymousreply 158September 21, 2018 12:10 AM

Like this (maybe just one hand) - go Justin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159September 21, 2018 12:15 AM

R155 Even tho he went to hug her he never actually touched her and they only air-kissed, her body language and reaction probably made him click halfway thru, hence all the nervous laughter.

R156 She was the official host of the event and she met these women before at the grenfell kitchen so she was introducing her guests to her mother and husband, i think this is a rare occasion where she actually showed proper etiquette by officially introducing Doria & Harry to a guest. Knowing MM there is probably a whole pretentious piece on The Tig about proper hostess etiquette.

by Anonymousreply 160September 21, 2018 12:39 AM

I am sure the mother is a nice person but royal engagements are not bring your kid to work days.

These two will be irretrievable figures of derision by the time Charles takes the throne. They are the next Yorks in all but name.

by Anonymousreply 161September 21, 2018 1:24 AM

Who drags their mother over 5000 miles, even in first class, for a phoney baloney cookbook launch? The desperation is real. Grenfell, charity, and her mother must have been trending with the focus groups.

by Anonymousreply 162September 21, 2018 1:58 AM

Like it or not, it was a success and the book is selling like hotcakes.

by Anonymousreply 163September 21, 2018 2:04 AM

R163 I think it was but the PR lengths they had to go to for that success were very OTT. At this rate both Megs and mummy will be donating kidneys to orphans within months. Got to keep the ball rolling!

by Anonymousreply 164September 21, 2018 2:12 AM

She looks ever so slightly retarded at R126.

by Anonymousreply 165September 21, 2018 2:18 AM

ever so slightly! Love it r165

Without the intention, MM exposes PH apparent real self? ....he appears hapless, clueless, and just plain weak. He seemed confident and charming previously, but since wedding....kind of a loser, wimp.

by Anonymousreply 166September 21, 2018 2:40 AM

[quote]My life-long dream has been to have a food van; I spend any free time I have thinking up dishes, and putting ingredients together in my mind. These dips are my own invention.

Thank Jesus she finally “invented” seasoned mashed avocado!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 21, 2018 3:19 AM

So, did her ex-boyfriend the chef really make up these recipes too?

by Anonymousreply 168September 21, 2018 3:56 AM

Her life long dream has been (not was, mind you) to have a food van? Well, get on it girl! Fuck TV, screw "stardom", humanitarian work can suck it, and this Duchess thing is just a side gig. She's wanted to have a FOOD VAN. This chick will quite literally say anything.

by Anonymousreply 169September 21, 2018 4:09 AM

Does MM look pregnant to anyone here?

MM looked lovely and that book is a good project, but the way she kept talking with those hands! She should have had her hair in a bun or something.

Doria is the real star. I stand by that.

by Anonymousreply 170September 21, 2018 4:12 AM

R170. The Queen has Sparkles eggs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171September 21, 2018 4:16 AM

I don’t believe that for a minute r171. Nobody would give a fuck, they’ve got an heir, an heir apparent and three spares. MeAgain WISHES she was important enough.

by Anonymousreply 172September 21, 2018 4:23 AM

If she is headed on tour shortly, she isn't going to be knocked up, or I hope she isn't, because of the danger of Zika.

by Anonymousreply 173September 21, 2018 4:23 AM

Kind of off topic, but speaking of sprog, when are we going to see a new snap of Louis?

by Anonymousreply 174September 21, 2018 4:26 AM

When Charlotte deigns it permissible r174..

by Anonymousreply 175September 21, 2018 5:00 AM

Charlotte is the Bomb.

by Anonymousreply 176September 21, 2018 5:04 AM

Throwin' shade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 21, 2018 5:17 AM

Charlotte for Queen!

by Anonymousreply 178September 21, 2018 5:23 AM

R178 I think that's entirely plausible. George has proven to be so shy and HATES public attention. Charlotte on the other hand has been waving and proper with crowds and seems to get her place in life is special. The way she waved to crowds when heading in to visit newborn Louis, taking the wind out of Jessica Mulroney's sails by waving to the crowds over her shoulder when making her way into HazBean's wedding. She even sassed the press and told them they weren't invited into Louis' private ceremony. She's WAY more extroverted than George who seems to hate crowds. I think this will only become more obvious as they grow up. Charlotte is only three and seems to know she has a place in public life which is pretty remarkable for a child that age.

by Anonymousreply 179September 21, 2018 6:52 AM

Oh please.... Georges and Charlotte are still super young and children change a lot. Remember how Georges was as a baby?

You have no idea what kind of adults they gonna be.

by Anonymousreply 180September 21, 2018 6:55 AM

Well R180 George is still kind of a baby, even for his age. He is a wilted, petulant, miserable yet fey thing. Much like Charles. I don't see him going the distance. Charlotte has all of the "it" and none of the shit.

by Anonymousreply 181September 21, 2018 10:53 AM

You really have no problem talking shit about a child R181.

Please, limit your verbal diarrhea to bashing grown ass adults.

by Anonymousreply 182September 21, 2018 11:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 21, 2018 2:06 PM

Yeah, some people care. No one forces you to watch.

by Anonymousreply 184September 21, 2018 2:08 PM

R181 - Miserable and petulant? Wilting? He looks happy and adorable. Your powers of projection are astounding.

You wouldn't be able to give us a few hints about Saturday's Powerball numbers, would you?

by Anonymousreply 185September 21, 2018 2:08 PM

R170 - What a load of bullshit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sparkle had some eggs frozen, because of her age, and her correct assumption that without kids, both her marriage to Harry and, therefore, her position and future with the BRF would be far less comfy and certain. But the idea that the sixth in line's intended would be "pressured" to do so is absurd.

Radar, as usual, is blowing smoke out its arsehole.

by Anonymousreply 186September 21, 2018 2:13 PM

The Queen usually doesn't get involved in the private lives of her children or grandchildren. The only time I can recall is when the Warring Wales' were going at each other and she WROTE to them both to get a divorce for the sake of the monarchy. She usually buries her head in the sand and hopes that things will go away magically.

by Anonymousreply 187September 21, 2018 2:16 PM

R183 - for us just adds to the fun, but I doubt HRH York was amused. What he doesn't get is - nobody cared in the first place.

That said, Sparkle certainly hasn't been a force for togetherness in the BRF, has she? She's like itching powder Harry poured down the backs of their ermine robes.

by Anonymousreply 188September 21, 2018 2:21 PM

So I lost my Internet Wednesday afternoon, the fuckers didn't come till this morning to fix it, and I return here to find the Doria/Sparkle/Grenfell PR spectacle and I have to say that with the insertion of her mother into MM's First Big Charity Project As A Royal Duchess, her gesticulating and mugging for the cameras, and Harry coming up aft in her wake, Sparkle has hit an absolute new low in self-aggrandizement.

An absolute five-tonne low so vast it can be seen from Outer Space . . . like, I can't even.

by Anonymousreply 189September 21, 2018 2:30 PM

R183 This story smells like bull to me, if she wanted to get married in 2017 she could of, as the Harry Meghan announcement didn't happen til November & there was no special events planned stopping her from doing so. It stinks of a reporter who has watched too much of The Crown and thinks all Royal women have to follow the same rules Princess Margaret did.

by Anonymousreply 190September 21, 2018 2:44 PM

It's entirely possible that Eugenie was asked to stepped back to allow for the Harry / Sparkle debacle to proceed.

Too bad, too.

Too bad for Eugenie if she loses out.

And too bad that Harry didn't have those extra months to better get to know the person he planned to marry.

by Anonymousreply 191September 21, 2018 4:01 PM

R166 - And, interestingly, that's exactly what happened to his father in Diana's Big Stage Persona, is it not? But his father was Prince of Wales, not the sixth in line who actually doesn't like the work to start with and is probably relieved to have a wife all too eager to shoulder more of the burden, and it won't cause the schism it did in the Wales marriage.

R191 - Kate's third pregnancy forced Harry to delay announcement of his engagement, and his wedding took precedence over Yuge's. It's called hierarchical privilege.

by Anonymousreply 192September 21, 2018 4:07 PM

[quote] Kate's third pregnancy forced Harry to delay announcement of his engagement

Which pushed back Eugenie's wedding even further.

Despite the fact that her intended was in the picture for several years. Unlike the story changing, ghosting, choice of Haz.

by Anonymousreply 193September 21, 2018 4:20 PM

For Eugenie to want to get married in 2017 like the article claims would mean she would have been engaged early 2017 at the latest, she probably had to delay the announcement and was probably forced to have an autumn wedding so Harry could have spring, But there is absolutely no way she had to wait 18 months for a baby that wasn't even conceived yet and a relationship that was only 6 months old. Hierarchical privilege exists but not to the extent R183 article suggests, it's just another fluff piece to make Harry and Meghan seem more important than they actually are.

by Anonymousreply 194September 21, 2018 5:26 PM

[quote]a wilted, petulant, miserable yet fey thing.

My new answer when someone looks over my shoulder and asks what I'm reading.

by Anonymousreply 195September 21, 2018 5:36 PM

Wasting no time...

[quote]Recently worn by Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, the Saturday Skirt is great for any day of the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196September 21, 2018 6:32 PM

The Saturday Skirt? WTF?

Designers are so full of themselves.

by Anonymousreply 197September 21, 2018 6:44 PM

I clicked r196 link - it’s polyester. POLYESTER! Made to order but made of polyester? What the everloving fuck?

My sister has a skirt that looks very, very similar to that but hers is 100% silk, bought in London a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 198September 21, 2018 7:10 PM

Sparkle needs to stick to the petite clothing racks.

by Anonymousreply 199September 21, 2018 7:52 PM

R198, that surprised me, too! 100% polyester = junk, no matter how much the designer has marked it up. I can't believe Meghan would choose THAT, when she has access to the finest fabrics and best tailoring in the world.

by Anonymousreply 200September 21, 2018 7:56 PM

R198 Dry clean only too, LOL. no doubt because all the pleats would fall out of this cheap ass skirt if it was put in a washing machine.

by Anonymousreply 201September 21, 2018 8:05 PM

A royal duchess named Meghan. Fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 202September 21, 2018 8:23 PM

R202, well if you want to get technical, her name is Rachel. She managed to ghost her first name. FFS.

by Anonymousreply 203September 21, 2018 8:34 PM

No better.

by Anonymousreply 204September 21, 2018 8:42 PM

R204 Rachel is a biblical name at least, Meghan is the name of a Preppy SoCal girl born in the 80's who thinks she's super popular when everyone actually hates her... oh... nevermind, that name is actually pretty accurate to who she is.

by Anonymousreply 205September 21, 2018 8:47 PM

Did Key and Peele predict Harry and Meghan's first date?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206September 21, 2018 8:52 PM

If there is a Serene Highness Princess Charlene, why can't you have Her Royal Highness Meghan Duchess of Sussex?

by Anonymousreply 207September 21, 2018 8:53 PM

As opposed to MeAgain, Charlene is not a cheap but nevertheless pretentious attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 208September 21, 2018 9:03 PM

R196, I saw a woman wearing something like that, this morning, and really liked it. It was chocolate brown. She was just some random stylish woman on a Manhattan street.

I saw a beige one, real silk, at a thrift shop the other day, and considered it, but it had a stain and wasn’t sure if I could get it out. It was $8.99. (Also passed on a collarless vintage Saint Laurent silk blouse for $12.99 because it was just too 70s and I can’t pull that off.)

by Anonymousreply 209September 21, 2018 9:17 PM

Here's the thing - who ARE the other women? The women at the event were very well dressed. I did think it funny that the tent where it happened was pitched so far away from the actual Kensington Palace Buckaroo was closer to a neighboring backyard. It's just so vague and word-salady. This is for Grenfell victims. Why is it all women? Men don't need to eat? Kids don't need to eat - kids, and men don't cook? Not very 2018 Meghan. Why is it all women of color? Was that an emphasis? Just the other day Prince William was chatting with a Grenfell survivor, a kid, who'd lost a dear friend. The kid was white. I don't know the demographics of Grenfell, but this cookbook seems very mish-mashy message wise. Hands across the water! A "flutter" of different languages (per Beano's copyrighted forward). BIG emphasis on ethnic cooking. But Grenfell was full of poor people of all stripes. And most were relocated 15 months ago, so who is the kitchen feeding at this point? You'd think an immigrant halfway house had burned to a shell.

by Anonymousreply 210September 22, 2018 12:31 AM

R200, no she does NOT have access to the finest shit in the world. She is merching her little ass off, dressed by whatever her bff Jessica Mulroney (who is Canadian, hence all the Canadian brands Megala wears plus the occasional U.K. random). She has never tailored anything, and I doubt she has any more access to the finest whatever than Fergie had - probably a lot less. I don't think she wants to swan her skinny ass around in the clothing the allowance PC would be willing to provide. She likes announcing she has the most extravagant, OTT everything, and she HAS to have it, because there is just that much attention on her! So she opens the boxes Ms. Mulroney ships her, puts it on, the label pretends someone will pay 10,000 pounds sterling for the ensemble. Meghan preens while her polyester accumulates odors and the waistband slides off her lack of waist, and the label can promote to the world that they dressed a duchess. A (theoretical) win sin.

by Anonymousreply 211September 22, 2018 12:35 AM

^^^Mostly right except she’s not known for wearing UK designers. She’s been read for filth for not promoting the country that is financially supporting her.

by Anonymousreply 212September 22, 2018 1:14 AM

R207 Charlene is a French name so tres approprie for Monaco. It also has a bit more poetry to it than Meghan. And I should know, have you heard my poems?

by Anonymousreply 213September 22, 2018 2:14 PM

R210 An immigrant halfway house DID burn to the ground. Out of the 70 or so victims only a handful - maybe 5 - were white and two of them were Italian. Most of the others were described as "foreign nationals" before people accused journalists of being racist. Residency status was never mentioned again - except by those complaining about how immigrants and asylum seekers were mistreated by the UK. It's also very telling that one of the first policies after the fire was that survivors wouldn't face immigration checks and that relatives of the dead would still get compensation even if their relatives were not in the UK legally. What was a terrible tragedy very quickly became a racially and socio-economically charged issue.

She, or KP, picked a very high profile and cause celebre charity connected to issues of race, immigration, and class. Yet they've somehow made it about gumbo. I wonder if they're trying to have their cake and eat it by showing that she's concerned about social justice and race but filtering it through the hazy screen of food and family.

by Anonymousreply 214September 22, 2018 2:39 PM

R210 you're sounding like it's some multicultural PC conspiracy against white people... The garden Party is to help the book, the book is to help the community kitchen, the kitchen was started by muslim women (the women invited to the party) in a muslim community hub, so there wouldn't be that many men or white people involved. Grenfell tower had a bigger percentage of african and middle eastern residents than any other races, that was a fact. William didn't speak to a Grenfell survivor, he spoke to a kid who's friend died in the tower, the kid who died wasn't white. All the rehoming within a year of the fire has been temporary, the government even admitted so back in June, this whole idea of a cookbook began in January when there were still residents living in hotels without cooking facilities. All of this is very easy to research, bash Meghan all u want for being an opportunistic attention seeker but don't bash the people who are actually trying to do something with the shitty situation that's been handed to them.

by Anonymousreply 215September 22, 2018 2:59 PM

Re the Grenfell Tower tragedy, it should be noted that the same "cladding" caused major fires in other parts of the world, including in the Middle East in luxury buildings. In this particular case, the victims were mostly minorities and possibly illegal migrants. But it should be noted that other buildings used this same cladding that were not built to house the poor. There were, I think, at least 4-5 fires in tall buildings that used this cladding and in other countries. It should be outlawed.

I'm rather in agreement with R215 that Sparkles undoubted opportunism here re an extravagantly grandiose PR opportunity that shows her hugging and crying and clasping her hands and otherwise acting up a storm, shouldn't be confused with a group of people in ghastly situations taking what they can get.

And also for what it's worth, the Twin Towers went down for a not dissimilar reason: the architect and engineers designed the buildings to have light, airy cores and put only the flimsiest layer of fire insulation over the steel beams inside the core. Conspiracy theorists who claim that the temperature wasn't enough to "melt" the steel deliberately miss the point: the steel up top didn't have to melt, only weaken enough, and with that little insulation, which was blown off the beams by the force of the explosions, and the amount of paper inside the offices that kept burning even after the jet fuel fire began dying down, the beams weakened just enough.

So it isn't just the poor who have been subjected to this kind of shoddy engineering. To be fair, no one expected 727s to fly into the upper floors of the Twin Towers - just the same, the amount of insulation on those inner beams was negligent hubris. But the cladding on Grenfell should have been outlawed a long time ago, given that it had caused deaths in luxury hotels and high rises before then.

As usual, no one who should hang will be hanged for it.

by Anonymousreply 216September 22, 2018 3:35 PM

R215, R210 in no way makes it sound like a conspiracy against white people but his/her questions raise more questions about this charity and Meghan's involvement. The reason there are no men is because Muslim men aren't going to be cooking - that women's work - and Muslim women aren't going to be interacting with non-relative males in a kitchen - that's forbidden. So how does Meg square that with her oh so woke feminism? Remember her washing up liquid campaign? Well no man in a traditional Muslim household is going to be washing dishes.

by Anonymousreply 217September 22, 2018 3:47 PM

Meanwhile, closer to the topic at hand, I liked the blue coat MeAgain wore for the cookbook launch. She seemed appropriately dressed, for once.

But also following themes of these threads, she is already far outclassing Harry in terms of star power in her work - she is absolutely going to "Diana" him as his father was outgunned by Diana in terms of public interest.'

I am, as I have often said before, fascinated by the way family dramas are replayed by the next generation.

Looking at the BRF more broadly, it's becoming somewhat obvious to me that after the Wales debacle, the second-tier royals are expected to do the heavy lifting with more high profile projects, and that William's and Kate's job is to do just enough to keep the system honest, as it were, but in reality to create a stable family, keep William on course and happy, and produce the next generation of heirs.

Harry and Meghan are going to be put to work the way the Wessexes, the Kents, the Gloucesters, and Pss. Anne worked. Kate's and William's positions are unassailable: this works on birth order, not merit, except under extraordinary circumstances.

Meghan is going to be made to pay for the privilege she so nakedly hungered for. She can "show up" Kate from now till Domesday. She'll still be married to the sixth in line, and her children are the next generation's Yuge and Bea.

Are we counting down yet to Yuge's wedding? I can barely wait for the parade of hats. In fact, I understand that the wedding invitation made a hat de rigueur for women. If Sparkle shows up without a hat, we can all assume she is sticking two fingers up to the Yorks, and there won't be a thing they can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 218September 22, 2018 3:48 PM

R217 - Yes, yes, of course, but you can scarcely criticise helping the women in this situation because they cling to an ethnic code that leaves them in the kitchen. It's rather a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, don't you think? This was a shrewd move on whomever's part, be it Sparkle's or KP's or both, and if benefits the community's access to feeding themselves, I'm not going to argue, low as my opinion of Sparkle is.

I saw some footage of what is going on in Yemen on BBC over the last couple of days - all the women I saw were wearing burkas, a custom I despise heartily and think should have been banned across Europe 40 years ago.

Does it mean I wasn't sickened by what is being done to them by Iran and the Saudis? Of course not.

I'm waiting to see if Charles goes on displaying his great friendship with the Saudi royal family given that they are willing to starve 9 million people, including a million children, to death in their proxy war with Iran.

by Anonymousreply 219September 22, 2018 3:55 PM

R218 nah, she'll turn up with a hat, it'll just be totally inappropriate for the occasion, just like the black one she wore at Harry's friends wedding

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220September 22, 2018 3:58 PM

I don't think meghan is leaking anything to the dailysnuff.

Remember, ma middleton is the one who is friends with the fails editor in chief.

I think the occasional bad article about kate is so it won't seem like they are harassing meg and ganging up on her (even though that is exactly what they're doing). It also makes people defend kate and accuse meghan pr of doing the bullying and being behind it all.

I don't believe meghan is doing all this leaking about his friends etc it doesn't make any sense. The rf, harry and will, know exactly who is behind it and if they thought it was meghan she wouldn't still be here.

Mostly though, it's just bored and jealous "journos" trying to get a reaction out of them by pitting them against each other.

by Anonymousreply 221September 22, 2018 5:56 PM

R221 - Meghan has done quite a bit of media manipulation and far from getting her "gone", it's gotten her an HRH. And they weren't occasional bad articles about Kate, they were constant. Lainey is a friend of Meghan's and she obligingly spread that nonsense story for MeAgain about Kate not giving Sparkle a lift to go shopping. Diana was also skewered the tabloids.

Bottom line, if the DM were nice to all the royals, it would be HELLO. It makes its money by keeping its coverage off balance, and building people up and then tearing them down.

MeAgain is simply now a better lightning rod than Kate, whose demure motherhood and (by contrast) nonexistent thirst for attention, are now looking blameless next to Sparkle's obvious camera hungry persona and refusal to wear British clothes.

After all, as it has clearly been Sparkle's decision not to support British fashion, you can scarcely blame the resulting bad PR on Carole Middleton - in this regard, the DM doesn't need Ma Middleton's prodding at all.

And it certainly wasn't Ma Middleton who got that Vanity Fair cover story for Sparkle well in advance of the engagement, breaking a long-standing NO NO about talking to the press about a royal relationship in favour of an eagerly anticipated rise to global fame.

by Anonymousreply 222September 22, 2018 8:14 PM

Where is it said Carole Middleton is friends with the editor of the Mail? And which one? The job just passed from the notorious Dacre to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 223September 22, 2018 8:36 PM

I shall miss the Popbitch descriptions of Dacre’s infamous double cuntings.

by Anonymousreply 224September 22, 2018 9:08 PM

I don't know about any connection between Carole or Dacre or the new guy, but his name is Geordie Greig, and he does have connections to the royals, his father was a knight and a gentlemen usher for the queen, his brother was a page for the queen when he was a kid and his sister was a lady in waiting for Diana. Not exactly relevant but he is also friends with the Johnson family meaning his main focus in the next few months will be probably championing Boris for PM 🙄.

by Anonymousreply 225September 22, 2018 10:15 PM

I can't wait to see what PH's ex-girlfriends wear.

by Anonymousreply 226September 22, 2018 10:19 PM

I don’t know which direction they’ll go r226 but I bet whatever it is will fit.

by Anonymousreply 227September 23, 2018 12:08 AM

This hat should convey how I feel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 23, 2018 12:44 AM

Her face looks like she can smell her hat.

by Anonymousreply 229September 23, 2018 12:48 AM

R229 - LOL - MeAgain's Famous Dog Poo Hat. Worn with one of MeAgain's Famous Belted Bathrobe Coats.

Doesn't MeAgain have a solo engagement at an art gallery coming up this week?

by Anonymousreply 230September 23, 2018 1:13 AM

Cameldome

by Anonymousreply 231September 23, 2018 1:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232September 23, 2018 3:52 AM

All I want is life beyond Cameldome.

by Anonymousreply 233September 23, 2018 1:10 PM

Catherine (and William) were at a friend's wedding this weekend. She rewore this blue coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234September 23, 2018 2:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235September 23, 2018 2:36 PM

When I saw pictures of Sparkle's mom at the cookbook thing, I flashed on a recent video I saw about people having their parents accompanying them on job interviews.

Hard to take either of them seriously.

by Anonymousreply 236September 23, 2018 2:40 PM

Just something that crossed my mind . I think I know now why Me -again weares those terrible clothes all the time she’s on duty . Its because it will deflect from Harry and he can do what he really likes when all eyes are on her . Nice trips to Africa with the boyfriend on a socalled humanitarian mission . That’s why he married her . When she’s going out to the clubs with Harry her clothes are okay and when it was the garden party she was groomed to every inch of her life . No tendrils nice clothes it was okay . There is something else going on with these two . She is just a lavender wife for him . When she had that curtain on when Harry ‘s friend married I think not a man in the world would leave his wife dressed like that out of the house . Its so odd most of the time .. Sorry for the long post

by Anonymousreply 237September 23, 2018 2:52 PM

After all this time, it's obvious that she is doing just what she wants to do, wearing just what she wants to.

Apparently, she just has bad taste and doesn't care to remove the mud off her shoes or look in the mirror before she leaves.

by Anonymousreply 238September 23, 2018 2:57 PM

I never heard of these gay rumors about harry until he married meghan.

by Anonymousreply 239September 23, 2018 2:57 PM

R235 Those pics are harsh, lol.

by Anonymousreply 240September 23, 2018 2:58 PM

I think within 5 years Doria gonna have her tv show.

by Anonymousreply 241September 23, 2018 2:59 PM

R235 - I'm surprised to see Doria back in L.A. already - I'd thought perhaps she'd taken the long flight to spend some time with her daughter, but clearly she was just there for PR purposes. Sparkle brought her mother all that way for a few photo ops at MeAgain's first solo charity project?!

I'm sorry - that is simply absurd. It would be one thing if she had brought her mother over to spend some personal time together over a couple of weeks, but just for this?!

What the fuck was Sparkle thinking? What the fuck was the purpose? Showing she hasn't quite ghosted everyone from her past and showing she's still in touch with Mum?!

by Anonymousreply 242September 23, 2018 3:13 PM

Lawd, Doria is ugly. Sorry, but she is. Sparkle was extremely fortunate that her father's DNA modified Doria's. Because if Sparkle had come out looking more like Doria, there is no way that she would be HRH the Duchess of Sussexx today.

I agree with the poster upthread who says the simple truth is that MM 1) has lousy taste and 2) wants to wear what she wants to wear and doesn't have any fucks to give about what the British public or press thing.

There really is something strange about this marriage, I just cannot put my finter on it, and I don't think it's that Harry is gay, it's that he's unformed, immature, and was suddenly desperate to marry and have kids.

As they tell you on schools exams, the first and simplest guess is usually the right answer.

by Anonymousreply 243September 23, 2018 3:22 PM

*what the British public of press thinK

**just cannot put my finGer on it

R243

by Anonymousreply 244September 23, 2018 3:23 PM

[quote] What the fuck was Sparkle thinking? What the fuck was the purpose?

Attention! Sparkle wants attention! Me Me Me! Look at ME! I'm giving a speech. (I understand she didn't mention Harry at all.) Use whatever props you can (including your mother) to get more attention!

by Anonymousreply 245September 23, 2018 3:25 PM

She just can't win with you, can she? Article after article saying how inappropriate it was to bring her mother and comment section filled with anger and hatred over it and when her mother finally leaves as quickly as she got there...it is a problem? What do you want from her?

Seriously.

Write KP and tell them exactly what you want. Or better, stop bullshitting and hiding behind excuses and say you hate her and want her gone.

by Anonymousreply 246September 23, 2018 3:25 PM

R246 Calm down....

I just think it's weird she needs mum at her events.

If it was Carol people would eat her alive.

by Anonymousreply 247September 23, 2018 3:29 PM

You seem to have difficulties comprehending r246. It WAS ridiculous to have her mom with her on an official visit. The British taxpayers are paying for the security for this. It is ALSO ridiculous that she isn’t spending any time with her mom. It’s not as if she just jumped in a cab and came round. Doria was trotted out for PR purposes only then sent packing. Both these things are cringe worthy faux pas. It is entirely possible to see the PR strings being pulled and be pissed at it *and* see the fast disposal of the PR prop afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 248September 23, 2018 3:30 PM

I think what really gets meghan under people's skin is that she doesn't care.

Certain people wanted her to break down from all the hate she was getting from the media but she keeps on smiling, confident as ever, maybe even a little smug grin here and there.

She nor harry look miserable. They actually look genuinely happy and it pisses the frauhags off.

If it makes me laugh, I imagine it makes them laugh too. Especially the shrieking "hazzy what have you done!?" Under every fail article.

by Anonymousreply 249September 23, 2018 3:36 PM

No, I think what gets under people’ skin is that she’s leeching off the British taxpayers while utterly failing at the job, which is to promote British products. She’s a scammer, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 250September 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Personally, I find the whole Sparkle thing to be an entertaining replacement for the old night time soaps. Because, after all, the Royal Family is the longest running soap opera.

Sparkle is playing "Sammy Jo" goes to the Palace with Harry as the (is he / isn't he) gay Stephen.

Adding to the mix is the occasional "You're all just jealous." or "You hate her." posters who completely miss the point and certainly all the fun.

by Anonymousreply 251September 23, 2018 3:44 PM

This. With the privilege comes the expectation of respect for the duty of service. They just need to get on and do their rather nice jobs.

by Anonymousreply 252September 23, 2018 3:47 PM

I do not think she shares your view, R252.

Does Harry?

by Anonymousreply 253September 23, 2018 3:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 23, 2018 3:49 PM

Re R254's link

Does anyone else find it hard to believe that ANY groom would be "OVER THE MOON" over the meaning of flowers on the bride's veil?

Really, really pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 255September 23, 2018 3:57 PM

If bringing Doria to London was a PR stunt then Meghan and , especially Kensington Palace are showing how shit they are at it. Why wheel her in for one event and then ship her back out again, that makes it seem worse, that makes it seem like her daughter was using her (she probably was). Surely she should have come for a couple of weeks, the Palace should have announced it well in advance and sold it as a trip to introduce Doria to her daughters new home, have her in attendance to the Hamilton event, perhaps even a visit to balmoral... This whole thing just makes Meghan look desperate for people to stop talking about her dad and sister... maybe that's the point, instead of a bigger scandal the press are now focusing on this little thing that happened.

by Anonymousreply 256September 23, 2018 3:57 PM

R252 As if Harry gives a fuck about a veil....

She's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 257September 23, 2018 3:59 PM

[quote] perhaps even a visit to balmoral.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Balmoral = private spaces.

by Anonymousreply 258September 23, 2018 4:00 PM

R254 Lol, did anyone else hear the squeaky shoes?

by Anonymousreply 259September 23, 2018 4:01 PM

How long will the RF last if William divorces Kate?

I think both kate and meg would have been better off marrying money or a future duke.

by Anonymousreply 260September 23, 2018 4:04 PM

R258 Private spaces sure, yet we still know when someone makes a visit, case in point:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 23, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote]I think what really gets meghan under people's skin is that she doesn't care.

What gets under people's skin is that she doesn't get it... she does not understand her role. I imagine any attempts to course correct them by staff who do get it have been rebuffed by sullenness and sulk. There's a way to do this and it isn't hard to figure out. If they resist, they meet their fate. The Cambridges become the figures of affection - effortlessly - and the Sussexes became some variant of Princess Margaret/the Duke of York/the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. It will be a nice life in terms of creature comforts, but not much else.

by Anonymousreply 262September 23, 2018 4:05 PM

R246 has made me feel really guilty about all the things I've posted about HRH, Meghan Duchess of Sussex. I'm going to have to have a long think about why I've been so unfair and disrespectful. Thanks for your post, R246.

by Anonymousreply 263September 23, 2018 4:06 PM

R246 - "Anger and hatred" is a bit over the top, don't you think? Look the woman is a typical L.A. C-Lister who has had only one aim in life, and that is to be an A-Lister. Having clawed her way to the top of an economic and social pyramid in a country whose taxpayers have put "the family she never had" where they are, and whose good will it is important to recognise, she then goes on to refuse to support the fashion industry of said country.

Her taste in clothes is shall we say highly questionable.

She brings her bloody Mum to a highly visible PR event, which is essentially her first solo charity project, even if hubby was there taking a noticeably muted back seat, and it was also clear that she had brought Mum there ONLY for this event, not to spend time together.

And what you are expecting is no one even to wonder about it?

Come on. She has all the earmarks of a long-time PR hound social climbing grifter, with a long history of ghosting people who are no longer useful to her, and whose mother appears to be the only relative she has a connection with. Her only other "friends" are the ridiculously suspect Jessica Mulroney, and her makeup artist.

Really? I mean, really?

If you find her wonderful and beyond criticism, head on over to Celebitchy - you'll feel right at home.

by Anonymousreply 264September 23, 2018 4:07 PM

R234, lovely colour and probably a lovely coat, but look at the fit! Shoulders too big and collar much too big! When the collar on a coat or suit doesn't sit snug and flat, it is the mark of poor fit. A bespoke suit adheres to the body.

by Anonymousreply 265September 23, 2018 4:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 23, 2018 4:07 PM

Look how long it took, R261, before the Middletons were invited to stay at Balmoral.

And William knew Kate for years before they married. And it was years after that that the Middletons were invited to stay.

Sparkle, not to mention her mother, are very, very new to the equation.

No visits to Balmoral for her mother now- maybe some time.

In fact, even Sparkle and Harry were not at Balmoral this year.

by Anonymousreply 267September 23, 2018 4:10 PM

[quote]Her only other "friends" are the ridiculously suspect Jessica Mulroney, and her makeup artist.

Oh, don't forget pocket toy Marcus Anderson, who's literally added an admission fee to social climbing.

by Anonymousreply 268September 23, 2018 4:10 PM

The first date fabric idea sounds like something found on Pinterest. I guess that’s her version of Angelina’s letting her feral children draw on her wedding dress.

by Anonymousreply 269September 23, 2018 4:10 PM

R260 - Kate and MeAgain did marry future dukes: uWilliam and Harry were only created Dukes on their wedding days. And Kate and William aren't getting divorced. Their marriage looks quite successful.

I suspect you meant Royal Dukes, who carry HRHs. Normal, that is to say, non-royal dukes, are only addressed as Your Grace, not Your Royal Highness.

As for marrying money, I think Kate really loves William, whilst I have no doubt MeAgain tried to latch on to money, and failed. Hence, her leap to get her claws into Harry and corner him with that Vanity Fair article and that letter threatening the British press long before an engagement.

And besides, mere money wouldn't have given Sparkle the global A-List profile she's always craved.

by Anonymousreply 270September 23, 2018 4:11 PM

The Middletons were invited to Balmoral for the first time the late summer/early autumn of 2011... the wedding was in April of that year,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271September 23, 2018 4:12 PM

I am Carole and Michael Middleton and if we are invited to this wedding, you can be sure we will be the best-dressed and most elegant couple there, although it will be a close race with the Kents.

by Anonymousreply 272September 23, 2018 4:16 PM

Oops, sorry, wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 273September 23, 2018 4:17 PM

R267 The Queen invited them in 2011 just after the wedding, the year before, just before the engagement announcement, Charles invited them to Birkhall and they went to a shoot at Balmoral - All it takes is Kensington Palace to have a little foresight and plan these things and coordinate with the other royal offices. someone, somewhere is dropping the ball, either the staff can't do their job properly or they hate Meggy that much they can't be bothered, maybe it's both.

by Anonymousreply 274September 23, 2018 4:21 PM

I imagine she's keeping Mulroney and her other Canuck cronies sweet because they know where the bodies are buried. So she'll continue to promote whatever Mulroney tells her or stories about her less than savoury pre-Harry days will start leaking. Therefore , British labels can fuck off because they can't do anything for her.

by Anonymousreply 275September 23, 2018 4:21 PM

Maybe the RF are afraid to get into the minefield known as the Markle family. It's not hard to predict the fireworks from MM's father and half-sibs if Doria gets an invitation to Balmoral.

by Anonymousreply 276September 23, 2018 4:24 PM

R266. Thanks. That's interesting.

by Anonymousreply 277September 23, 2018 4:27 PM

R276 That's very true, her sister seems to have a meltdown every time her sister sneezes.

by Anonymousreply 278September 23, 2018 4:31 PM

R277, that's fiction.

by Anonymousreply 279September 23, 2018 4:33 PM

R256. I agree with BRF showing their true colors via Markles agenda. They are on a slippery slope here.

by Anonymousreply 280September 23, 2018 4:35 PM

R280 what makes you think KP or the BRF have any control over what dim bulb Harry and grifter MeAgain say or do? They’ve already made it plain that MeAgain doesn’t listen and they consider her a disaster area.

by Anonymousreply 281September 23, 2018 4:42 PM

The RF know perfectly well that Sparkle is leaking. She has absolutely no discretion. I believe they do not trust her. At all.

Yes, she is married to Harry. But the faces of Harry's family at the wedding show anyone who chooses to see how they felt about it.

Also, Princess Anne, hovering around The Queen at Ascot, as Sparkle turns her back on The Queen seem to indicate her (Anne's) protective instincts toward her mother.

There is the RF, but just marrying in is not enough if you don't step up and show you want to belong. And that, if it ever happens, takes time.

As for Sparkle's parents, don't be fooled by Prince Charles escorting Sparkle's mother at the wedding. That was unavoidable. It is a long, long way from an invitation to Balmoral.

by Anonymousreply 282September 23, 2018 4:48 PM

Agree, r281. They made it clear, in pre wedding interviews, backed up by those infamous 'sources' that they were planning on running their offices, including PR, 'their' way. It's evidently a done deal.

by Anonymousreply 283September 23, 2018 4:51 PM

I don't think that MM having her Mum at the book party or whatever is a problem. Doria looked lovely and very proud of her daughter.

Talk about those flailing hands instead because that is the real laugh in all of this. For a communications major, MM's speaking presence is a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 284September 23, 2018 5:14 PM

R284 nah. alot of people are taught to be expressive when public speaking - she probably did some business classes too & it's a technique used in sales pitches etc... Steve Jobs did it alot, People who do tedtalks tend to do it... I think it's weird in this scenario because we see the royals the same way we see politicians, we prefer them to be still, calm and measured when they speak instead of showing too much passion.

by Anonymousreply 285September 23, 2018 5:35 PM

R285... especially when that passion looks fake.

by Anonymousreply 286September 23, 2018 5:37 PM

There's usually photos whenever royals go to weddings of friends and family.

How come none this time? Kate is supposedly really close to her and she's her daughters godmother.

by Anonymousreply 287September 23, 2018 6:00 PM

The idea that Harry and Meghan were at Balmoral and Sparkle didn't seize the photo op in the limo going to churchwith HM is ludicrous.

R287 Maybe there are no photos because the bride is a completely private citizen and it wasn't let out that the Cambridges were attending en masse till the last moment so that the bridge could have her own wedding instead of sharing it with Kate and Charlotte, especially.

Interesting idea, that, that it is Sparkle who is being blackmailed by Mulroney and her stylist and Markus, hence the Canadian lines; not Harry and the BRF being blackmailed by Sparkle.

I find the former theory far more plausible.

by Anonymousreply 288September 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Bloody hell, I meant "so the BRIDE could have her own wedding . . ."

R288

by Anonymousreply 289September 23, 2018 6:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 23, 2018 6:09 PM

Link went to video instead of article. Search Doria hiking.

by Anonymousreply 291September 23, 2018 6:11 PM

R287 R288 But there are pictures?? not many but...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292September 23, 2018 6:41 PM

R292 the article also says exclusive, so i presuming the pap's weren't present and these pics were sold to People by a local or tourist maybe?

by Anonymousreply 293September 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Hands in her hair, shaking hands, then in the food, gross! Just disgusting.

Doria..why are you there? Is that your formal? ponytail ? You look high all the time.

by Anonymousreply 294September 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Calm down R294 keep using your antiseptic hand sanitizer, Meghans germs can't hurt you here, it's the antibiotic resistance you're building up that will.

by Anonymousreply 295September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

R266 Doria’s lady friend appears to have a wedding ring and toothless, pls no unsavory sexual jokes.

The bag is a MM hand me down...everlane tote at invictus games.

by Anonymousreply 296September 23, 2018 7:01 PM

R292 Thanks but where is Will? Was he really there?

And those photos were for sure sold by K&W which begs the question...are the Cambridges in on it too. Just like harry and meg? PR overseas and "pap pics". They could make good money that way.

Wonder what the british press thinks of that...

by Anonymousreply 297September 23, 2018 7:04 PM

Cheap shot on a gay board, R295, but I suspect you know that. White lines coming your way.

by Anonymousreply 298September 23, 2018 7:07 PM

R295 is right. There's nothing to see here. It's just a little hair (hers and the countless Indian women who offered theirs at Venkateshwara) hanging loose inches above a pot of food while a strong wind is blowing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299September 23, 2018 7:07 PM

R297 There was a whole second article for some reason with a picture of Wills, don't know why

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300September 23, 2018 7:08 PM

Thanks for concern r295. I’m not afraid of her germs, I think she’s dirty. If she’s such a passionate foodie she’d know basic food prep protocol...hair pulled back and no tendrils!! She flouts protocol once again tacky ho.

by Anonymousreply 301September 23, 2018 7:10 PM

I’m very clean on food preparation too. R295 standards for food handler is likely food made by same cashier handling cash at register. Ewww

by Anonymousreply 302September 23, 2018 7:16 PM

Why do people think Doria will move to the uk? Do you really think she, at her age, want to leave her friends and whatever family she has in california at this point in her life?

People at her age usually move somewhere warmer not colder. No way is she giving up her homebase of several decades for London.

She's clearly a bit bohemian and hippie-ish who loves the warm climate and hiking and yoga...

by Anonymousreply 303September 23, 2018 7:17 PM

R301 I didn't realize there was food prep protocol for dishing up food in a tent in a field... someone alert the Great british bake off they're all dirty like the duchess! Then I advice R302 to stop eating out pretty much anywhere because all she was doing was serving food the same way waiters and waitresses do, she never touched the food, just the utensils.

by Anonymousreply 304September 23, 2018 7:20 PM

You've never seen anyone on GBBO let their hair dangle in or directly over the food.

by Anonymousreply 305September 23, 2018 7:23 PM

What has CA done for me lately, r303?

Time for me to ghost it.

by Anonymousreply 306September 23, 2018 7:27 PM

R303 I thinks it's peoples presumption that a) Meghan will be having kids soon and b) Doria will want to be an active part of her grandkiddies lives.... i mean for all we know she might not give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 307September 23, 2018 7:32 PM

Has this "adorable" moment been posted on here yet? Harry's face dropped almost immediately after and The artist formerly known as Rachel was smiling through gritted teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 23, 2018 7:41 PM

R300. Kate arrived in a decorated farmers truck? The story would have been so much better if it was a decorated food van.

by Anonymousreply 309September 23, 2018 7:48 PM

R309 it's an in thing to do at british country weddings, my granddad owns a vintage Fordson Major Tractor & it's been hired out pretty much every weekend this summer for weddings, i don't know why brides find it appealing to sit in a trailer full of hay-bales whilst wearing the most expensive outfit they'll ever own, but there we go.

by Anonymousreply 310September 23, 2018 7:54 PM

Does the mum hate London or something?It seems that she never stays for more than a few days.Or maybe she's not comfortable with the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 311September 23, 2018 8:52 PM

R298 - really? Because the Cambridges need the money? Because they don't remember the Queen's displeasure when Peter and Autumn Philips sold their wedding coverate to HELLO, and Fergie sold photos of herself and the newborn Bea to HELLO?

Please. W&K don't merch themselves, they don't have to. If they were caught selling those photos they'd be crucified and they know it. They don't need a bit of extra pin money.

by Anonymousreply 312September 23, 2018 10:57 PM

R287 - your aching desire to spread mud over William and Kate has backfired. There are photos of the wedding, and there are photos of William at the wedding, and the idea that the Cambridges "sold" photos of someone else's wedding as if those photos were their personal intellectual property is beyond lunacy.

As I said, you really should head over to Celebitchy, where everything Meghan does is marvellous and everything Kate does is suspect.

The Cambridges would be as likely to sell those photos to PEOPLE as they would be likely to sell Charlotte to the white slave trade.

by Anonymousreply 313September 23, 2018 11:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314September 23, 2018 11:13 PM

R313 What is it with you and "the white slave trade"? This is not the first time you mention it.

Maybe you should head to stormfront, you'd be right at home. Or some conspiracy nut forum.

The reason there is a strong possibility that they sold the photos is because it is PEOPLE. They don't do anything without first getting the OK to do so. They work WITH the celebrity/famous person.

This is also an exclusive. Meaning they got the pics first. If you think a friend sold them out, I have a bridge to sell you. And the royals have merched for decades, are you kidding me. Charles sold seat tickets to williams wedding. The Queen has a car deal, they have always used pay for play. This is nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 315September 23, 2018 11:22 PM

There's such a weird vibe between Doria and Meghan. Obviously mom is the parent and family member she acknowledges, so there is mutual cooperation, but still it doesn't seem infused with familiarity and affection.

I saw Beard Club's pics of Doria with the person they tagged as Doria's live-in female partner, and that lady looks the part.

While Doria may be enabling the shit out of the Duchess of Fake, I don't dislike her as much as Duchess. She's not fronting as much. There are no doe eyes and coy smiles. Frankly, I think she looks much better in clothes than her daughter. I've only seen her royal-ing out three times, and each time she's looked better and carried off her ensemble better than any of the several dozen times we've seen her kid. Her night before the wedding ensemble looked good. She looked great in her mother of the bride coat dress and the way she carried herself she fit right in. Then these neutral tans, camel colored stuff she wore to the cooking event looked just right on her. Meghan always looks like she's borrowed what she's wearing or is wearing some kind of costume. Doria manages to look like she's in her own clothes. I think the secret might be Doria gives far less of a shit than her kid. Maybe Meghan should take a lesson there.

by Anonymousreply 316September 23, 2018 11:23 PM

R313 HELLO is a UK based magazine. They got shit for it because it was British and they weren't discreet.

People is American.

And there is only one photo that I saw of William and he is alone in it.

by Anonymousreply 317September 23, 2018 11:26 PM

Ffs, even Pss. Margaret's son, David Armstrong was seen with the Queen going to church at Balmoral at the end of her vacay there. The only glaring absences were HazBean.

R316 - I wasn't the one who mentioned the white slave trade earlier. I was the one who responded LOL kiddie version of The Wind and the Lion.

So 1) you owe me an apology, 2) your lack of a sense of irony makes you unfit to participate in a blog this satirical, and 3) you must be the poster who brings up stormfront every time someone says something you don't like about MeAgain.

Bit over-invested, are we? As well as unable to tell the difference between one poster and another?

By the way, how often do you visit stormfront? It sounds like you spend quite a bit of time there.

by Anonymousreply 318September 23, 2018 11:27 PM

R292

[quote] But there are pictures?? not many but...

The link at R292 has another link of several pictures (28) from the wedding.

The kids look they are having fun.

Here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319September 23, 2018 11:29 PM

*David Armstrong-JONES . . .

R318.

R317 - oh my god, William was alone in the photo? Clearly he either wasn't there or he and Kate are on the brink of divorce. And, OH - PEOPLE is American. That must mean that the Cambridges absolutely sold the photos to them, right? Of someone else's wedding? Because they want to be more popular in America?

Jesus, do you people ever listen to yourselves?!

by Anonymousreply 320September 23, 2018 11:30 PM

R316 - apologies, my reply to the moron who thought I had mentioned the white slave trade earlier was meant for R315.

by Anonymousreply 321September 23, 2018 11:32 PM

"and the idea that the Cambridges "sold" photos of someone else's wedding as if those photos were their personal intellectual property is beyond lunacy."

You don't even know who took the photo so how do you know who it belongs to?

R320 You don't know how much PEOPLE paid for those exclusives.

by Anonymousreply 322September 23, 2018 11:33 PM

R322 - look - if this was such a bloody exclusive, how come it is all over HELLO and the DM? And exactly what would the Cambridges be selling - images of themselves at someone else's wedding?! You sell exclusives to your own events, not someone else's. Magazines are always claiming "exclusive". What they usually mean is, we got here first.

It's like saying Sparkle sold an exclusive to HELLO of images of herself at Prince Louis's christening.

The Queen's car deals are not for the purposes of merching. Her frugality despite her wealth is legendary. She doesn't need to give any help to Rolls Royce and BMW.

The Cambridges don't need PEOPLE and don't need money. They're the ones who have the free 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace whose four million pound renovation was done on the backs of taxpayers through the Sovereign Grant, they're the ones who were given Anmer House by the Queen, and William is the one who will inherit the Duchy of Cornwall and its vast revenues.

It's Meghan and Harry who have to penny-pinch and do deals, not the Cambridges.

by Anonymousreply 323September 23, 2018 11:41 PM

R321 You sound unhinged.

Did you not write 'white slave trade' in your comment? But yet you didn't? Fucking schizo frauhag.

So there are two of you who use it? So what? You used it now, I didn't make it up,

I asked you what it is about? What relevance does it have and only place I have ever heard that is from white nationalist you fucking plonker.

by Anonymousreply 324September 23, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote]And those photos were for sure sold by K&W which begs the question.

Oh, my. Is this serious? It begs the question whether the Cambridges hired a photographer to memorialize another couple's wedding so they could sell the photos to People Magazine? Either that or they had an incredibly long, invisible selfie stick maneuvered by their brain waves.

by Anonymousreply 325September 23, 2018 11:43 PM

It is not about "needing money". If someone offers you a free deal you will take it. Especially if pics will be sold anyway. Why do you think pippa does pap strolls? Why do you think zara accepted endorsement deals? None of them need the money! Duh.

And yes the rf absolutely depends on popularity around the world.

by Anonymousreply 326September 23, 2018 11:49 PM

Exclusives mean they get the pics first and after a certain amount of time they are then released and approved for other magazines to print them.

by Anonymousreply 327September 23, 2018 11:51 PM

R324 - Listen you obsessed cunt - you accused me of having used the term white slave trade earlier, and I hadn't, I had replied to someone else who did.

The use of the phraseology about Pss. Charlotte was part of an analogy whose meaning clearly escapes you - you know, "selling the family"?!

It's not surprising that the meaning escaped you because you have one of those two-dimensional brains that like Pavlov's dogs salivate at the sound of a bell without the slightest ability to analyse context.

The only obsessive here is you.

Go back to Celebitchy with an occasional visit to Stormfront to confirm your view that anyone who doesn't agree with your insane claims about the Cambridges selling exclusives to PEOPLE of themselves at someone else's wedding, or who mentioned the phrase "white slave trade" in irony, is actually preparing a bunker in the backyard for the Coming Race War Unleased By The New World Order.

You fucking halfwit.

by Anonymousreply 328September 23, 2018 11:57 PM

R328 lol You know what...

Have at it.

You're just getting more and more unhinged and have clearly lost your mind.

Take care

by Anonymousreply 329September 24, 2018 12:04 AM

R329 - The only thing I've lost is any assumptions that Meghan Markle's fans have IQs over 65.

R328

by Anonymousreply 330September 24, 2018 12:22 AM

Welp.

Tanna just confirmed.

Mark Stewart took the pics and he is a royal photographer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 24, 2018 1:48 AM

He is a professional photographer. His business is the sale of photographs of the Royal Family. He would easily be able to piece together a private schedule for the Cambridges. It doesn't suggest the Cambridges organized this. There are very few photographs of the children made public. Prince William, in particular, hates the press.

by Anonymousreply 332September 24, 2018 1:56 AM

R331 Being a "royal photographer" doesn't mean he's hired by the royals, if that's what you're thinking. He probably knew about the wedding and showed up on spec.

by Anonymousreply 333September 24, 2018 1:57 AM

R332 Which is why I can't believe some people think William would allow photographs of his children in PEOPLE unless he himself approved it. Mark would be cut off immediately if he went behind their back and sold them. He has taken photos of William many times before. They approve of him.

Face it, they allowed the photos be sold to PEOPLE. It was approved by the Cambridges.

It was an exclusive and they had the photos a whole day before they were released to other publications.

by Anonymousreply 334September 24, 2018 2:10 AM

That isn't how it works. The wedding would have been held in a public location. A professional photographer could have been present and there was nothing William could do about it.

by Anonymousreply 335September 24, 2018 2:12 AM

Well if Mark works with the Cambridges again I guess we will know the truth.

by Anonymousreply 336September 24, 2018 2:19 AM

where do you get this notion he works with the Cambridges? How do you substantiate it? He is a professional photographer who works in selling images of the Royal Family. It isn't hard for a professional to work out where they will be.

by Anonymousreply 337September 24, 2018 2:21 AM

E334 - IF they allowed the photos to be sold, they were sold by the photographer for his own gain, not the Cambridges for filthy lucre for themselves.

And IF Stewart politely asked the Cambridges if they minded, it was politesse to ensure further access; in point of fact, he didn't need to.

by Anonymousreply 338September 24, 2018 2:24 AM

He knows his way around the system... he has a network of contacts... like Tim Graham did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 24, 2018 2:24 AM

Because if Mark sold the photos of William and Kate's kids and pocketed the money then I expect William is furious and will limit access in the future.

by Anonymousreply 340September 24, 2018 2:25 AM

R340 - Are you suggesting that William expects professional photographers who show up at a public event not to sell the photos if they include his children?

Despite knowing that this is how photographers like Stewart and Tim Graham earn their living?

Why else would Stewart sell the photos to a global magazine if not to make money? That's his LIVELIHOOD - do you think he took photos at that wedding for personal amusement?!

You know what would happen to William's already shabby relationship with the press if he got angry at professional photographers not selling their photos of his family at a public event?

Jesus. Even William isn't that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 341September 24, 2018 2:29 AM

Can you get this through your head: Prince William cannot limit access to events held in public. Like this wedding. Which was held at parish church in Norfolk. A public road, the right lens and look out William, there's somebody on the loose you can't do fuck all about. Sorry, you're just being so paranoid conspiracy theory stubborn about this point I can't help but try to point out how loony your determination is. Not that I actually expect to prevail but I've never been one to encourage idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 342September 24, 2018 2:29 AM

You have your opinion, I have mine.

Don't like it? Ignore it.

If you can't understand why William at this point would get ahead of it and make sure he is in control of the output and access to photos of his children...I don't know what to tell you.

I already told you PEOPLE works WITH the celebrity and royalty and would never publish photos without getting the OK because they want access to exclusives in the future.

There are only a few shots. And it seems deliberate.

You seem to think only sparkles work the pr game which is laughable. British press have complained about the rf giving the exclusive to foreign press for ages now.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you. Not trying to change anyones mind.

by Anonymousreply 343September 24, 2018 2:36 AM

William takes the view his mother died because of pictures for sale. Surely even the mightiest love for Meagain Markle cannot support your fantasy that he's colluding to make a few thousand pounds off pictures for People?

And my opinion is at least founded on reference to facts. You have nothing but supposition to offer. Not sure in aid of what. Sorry to argue with you, I just can't stand that much stupid.

by Anonymousreply 344September 24, 2018 2:38 AM

And a final query, when was the last time People had a "royal exclusive"?

by Anonymousreply 345September 24, 2018 2:39 AM

R343 you seem to have muddled up the BRF with American celebrities. People magazine do not “work with” the royal family. This isn’t some aging soap actor trying to control the PR of his messy divorce/drug habit. William can not control what people photograph in public. He does not get a cut of the pap’s fee. He does not control who the pics are sold to. This really is the most idiotic thing I’ve read on here in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 346September 24, 2018 2:57 AM

All of these dull as fuck comments about who took the photos and who gets the money? All of that wittering on, but not a single comment about how Princess George has stepped up his prancing game? He was really working it in a couple of those snaps. Queen Charlotte was not terribly amused by his antics.

by Anonymousreply 347September 24, 2018 3:16 AM

Has anyone noticed how the last two wedding hats Kate has worn have the shape of coronets? Or is that the latest style for hats? Kind of Mamie Eisenhower-esque, imo

by Anonymousreply 348September 24, 2018 11:26 AM

I agree, it is dull but it's also hilarious how these thick fraus think only meghan plays the pr game.

This was a private event. Photogs don't have the royals private schedule and Mark was the only royal photographer there. Then the first time we get to see them is in PEOPLE as an exclusive and then after 24 hours were released for other publications to use.

Clear, close shots of the children, including private citizen and other children without face blurred. PEOPLE do not do anything without first getting the approval of their subject. They're not tmz.

William has a history of suing rags for using photos he don't want out there. And when they usually show pics of the kids it's through their own pr and twitter, not magazine exclusives.

The only way Mark Stewart would get away with this is if william agreed. No royal photographer would risk pissing him off. Especially not when it comes to his children. They would lose access.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 349September 24, 2018 11:27 AM

I don't like the head piece Kate wore at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 350September 24, 2018 12:09 PM

That shape of hat always reminds me of the one Wallis Simpson wore at her wedding R348

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351September 24, 2018 12:36 PM

Your ignorance is hilarious r349. You clearly know NOTHING about the BRF and how they deal with the press. You are looking at it through the lens of what an American celeb would do. That is not how the BRF do things.

A “royal photographer” is just a pap who stalks royals. It’s not a partnership.

by Anonymousreply 352September 24, 2018 12:40 PM

R352 I'm british you idiot and know more about the RF than you do.

You know nothing about how partnerships work between the royals and royal photographers.

by Anonymousreply 353September 24, 2018 12:50 PM

R352 - oh, don't upset his universe.

Those photos are Stewart's work product, for which he expects to be paid, otherwise, why worry about further "access"? What is the point of "access" if he can't sell the product?! You think he offered those photos to PEOPLE for fucking free??!!

If any deal was struck, it was that the Cambridges would allow a few photos of them, whilst the bridal party was left strictly alone. But the idea that part of that bargain was that Stewart would give them to PEOPLE for FREE, or that the Cambridges got a financial kickback from them, is sheer idiocy.

Photogs like Stewart may obligingly agree not to make pests of themselves at a private citizen's wedding in a public area, but the idea that he would then give them to PEOPLE for free is beyond lunatic.

I doubt William is quite as dense as that poster.

by Anonymousreply 354September 24, 2018 1:17 PM

Meanwhile, back to the topic at hand - the DM states that Doria has made several private trips to the UK and is planning to move there "in preparation for grandchildren coming along".

I simply can't wait. Instead of hiring a nanny, the Sussexes will have their own Mammy who will be fed, luxuriously housed, clothed, and holiday'd at the expense of the British taxpayer.

Re Kate's headpiece referenced upthread: I tend to agree with you. It looks like a twin of the one she wore in ivory to Prince Louis's christening. She has a decent "hat face" so it's not hideous, but it's rather an odd . . . style.

I keep wondering if she's wearing this style these days because it faintly resembles a crown - a reminder, as it were, of who's who here.

by Anonymousreply 355September 24, 2018 1:28 PM

I'm going to explain this as if I am speaking to a toddler.

Stewart sold them to PEOPLE with the Cambridges approval and both got paid for it. Mark got his cut out of the deal.

Mark Stewart was the only royal photographer at the wedding.

No one has their private schedule and Mark would not have known when and where and got those good shots at the right time. Nor would he been allowed that close to begin with.

The photos are still up. If Cambridges didn't approve, they would ask them to take the photos down.

You are so used to no one questioning you that you forget there are people in the know who know more about the british royal family than you could ever. You think the all powerful meghan is leaking precious info to everyone and merching but innocent WK are just so above it.

Keep going. I will keep being a thorn in your lumpy backside.

by Anonymousreply 356September 24, 2018 1:32 PM

R355 please FF this racist loser

by Anonymousreply 357September 24, 2018 1:35 PM

R357 Oh yikes, thanks for pointing that out, i wouldn't have realised they were being racist if you hadn't said that, i had to google Mammy, because here in the UK/Ireland it's a term of endearment for mothers and grandmothers, I would never have guessed it had different connotations for americans.

by Anonymousreply 358September 24, 2018 1:56 PM

Oh please.

Do us all a favour will ya. Fuck off back to tumblr.

You fraus have just about ruined this place.

We like our gossip smart, witty, snarky, factual and fun. Racists and bitter cunts aren't welcome. I was hoping the gay porn and dick gifs would turn you off but alas..

by Anonymousreply 359September 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 24, 2018 2:23 PM

Meghan has spent the afternoon pretending to like sports... thoughts on the outfit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 24, 2018 2:35 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 24, 2018 2:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363September 24, 2018 2:40 PM

Her hair seems nicer than usual, Brazilian blowout over the weekend perhaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 24, 2018 2:40 PM

Mismatched navy and black.

by Anonymousreply 365September 24, 2018 2:43 PM

It wouldn't be an official royal visit without a shot of the Sussexes clinging on to each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 24, 2018 2:44 PM

The look on her face is like she's saying: "what the fuck is this?"

Has Sparkle NOT seen a ball in her life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367September 24, 2018 2:56 PM

She's touching her hair again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 24, 2018 2:58 PM

R367 "I married a PRINCE! Why am I being made to play catch with these peasants?"

by Anonymousreply 369September 24, 2018 3:03 PM

Nutmeg and her wandering hands are on the cover of Hello.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370September 24, 2018 3:06 PM

Nutmeg and her wandering hands are on the cover of Hello.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371September 24, 2018 3:06 PM

R346 Is correct. The BRF isn't Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber. They aren't feeding stories, statements disguised as sources, or telling paps where and when to show up.

by Anonymousreply 372September 24, 2018 3:13 PM

What a horrible outfit. The top looks so big that the V-neck had to be pinned. The bottom is just schizophrenic. It just doesn't gel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373September 24, 2018 3:13 PM

Seems she's rocking the 'Rachel' haircut circa 1994.

by Anonymousreply 374September 24, 2018 3:18 PM

I think her eyes may have found the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375September 24, 2018 3:20 PM

Oh you shameless hussy. Will you ever get it right? Those heels on a basketball court! I don't hate her. I like her because her whole essence is off putting, yet shes clawed her way to the top of high society. I'd like her to stay put, because clearly does not belong.

by Anonymousreply 376September 24, 2018 3:22 PM

Check out the video on the DM. Their clinging was awkward and lasted a nanosecond.

by Anonymousreply 377September 24, 2018 3:24 PM

Another top that looks like a roll of carpet.

by Anonymousreply 378September 24, 2018 3:32 PM

Why do people think fraus are the ones discussing MM? Reads like comments from men to me.

by Anonymousreply 379September 24, 2018 3:36 PM

R379 Aggressive hostility tends to come across as masculine

by Anonymousreply 380September 24, 2018 4:05 PM

Spike heels on the court??

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

And that top is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 381September 24, 2018 4:15 PM

Dukes,lords marrying the daughters of other aristo families.So fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 382September 24, 2018 4:24 PM

R381 female coaches wear heels all the time on the floor, no biggie. Not like she's running around actually playing.

Much ado about nothing as usual.

by Anonymousreply 383September 24, 2018 4:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384September 24, 2018 5:10 PM

Lord, that outfit on the basketball court is simply heinous. There's no other word for it. Navy and black? Which dull her colouring out as it is?! And the top is beyond unflattering with the little belt accentuating her lack of a waist, with the little flares at the bottom.

This woman just doesn't know how to dress. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 385September 24, 2018 5:11 PM

R357 - you invite this shit. We do it to annoy you.

by Anonymousreply 386September 24, 2018 5:14 PM

R358 - "Mam" - classic Brit speak for Mum in northern England and Ireland.

I thought he said he was British?

by Anonymousreply 387September 24, 2018 5:15 PM

R356 - Yeah, the Cambridge's are taking pieces of a professional photographer's fees because they so desperately need the money, with Papa's $20 million p.a. from the Duchy of Cornwall supporting their household and other expenses in their free 21-room apartment in a historic palace and their country home in Norfolk . . .

Prove that the Cambridge's are taking money for those photos or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 388September 24, 2018 5:21 PM

'Tis another incarnation of something she is trying to establish as her signature, like with boatnecks--in this case, mix matching navy with black. In her mind it is flouting fashion convention; ergo, look at me, I'm oh so modern and Kre8itv. Moreover, should someone else happen to have black and navy in their outfit she gets credited as some sort of trendsetter and is obviously being copied.

by Anonymousreply 389September 24, 2018 5:22 PM

Did they check Sparkys DNA before they got hitched? Starting to wonder if she has a future muscle disease with those hands and ankles.

by Anonymousreply 390September 24, 2018 5:25 PM

R389 - I've made the embarrassing "Black & Navy" mistake myself. Usually it's because it was too dark in the room to see the colors properly (this happens especially with socks). I certainly wouldn't do it on purpose. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 391September 24, 2018 5:27 PM

Can anyone find the top?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392September 24, 2018 5:38 PM

Turns out the de la Renta top ALONE is $2,000. In deference to recent criticism about what she's spending on clothes, she graciously recycled the trousers and shoes.

Christ, she really is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 393September 24, 2018 5:43 PM

The top reminds me of Robin Hood.

by Anonymousreply 394September 24, 2018 5:45 PM

R348 Definitely the headpiece Kate wore to Louis' christening was reminiscent of a crown/coronet In this case, however, I think the subtext is just how homegrown, native, reassuring and utterly British to the core is the Duchess of Cambridge; hence, an English Rose(s) connotation.

by Anonymousreply 395September 24, 2018 5:48 PM

One of the posters on Celebitchy, noting the different textured hair, opined that Sparkle is already pregnant, because of the slightly rougher texture of her (which is obvious in the photos if you look, and she has also cut some shorter ends around her face) indicates she has stopped the keratin treatments that smoothed the hair out with the Brazilian blowous, which apparently is a "dead giveaway" of pregnancy. So they're all convinced she's pregnant.

Which, of course, if she has any brains, she's made sure to become post haste.

Of course, if so, she has to be not quite at three months, or they'd have announced it.

by Anonymousreply 396September 24, 2018 5:50 PM

R393 - Oscar would be rolling over in his grave!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397September 24, 2018 5:54 PM

She's speaking again - touching the hair and talking with hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398September 24, 2018 5:56 PM

Dry and damaged hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399September 24, 2018 5:56 PM

Her hair has looked much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 24, 2018 5:57 PM

Too bad she didn't get Marsha Bradied with the ball. For $2000 bucks in the top alone, it's a really boring outfit.

by Anonymousreply 401September 24, 2018 5:59 PM

It's hilarious that it's supposed to be about kids AND ALL THE KIDS FACES ARE BLURRED OUT.

by Anonymousreply 402September 24, 2018 6:03 PM

Her face looks fuller. It suits her.

Makes her look younger as well.

by Anonymousreply 403September 24, 2018 6:03 PM

It’s reminiscent of the early 90s. I remember seeing peplum skirts on belted blouse/jacket things. I also remember the solid ridicule a friend of my sister received for wearing a blue & black dress to prom - navy blue top with peplum on black pencil skirt bottom half.

by Anonymousreply 404September 24, 2018 6:03 PM

The fail is at it again. They're trying to piss off harry lol.

They deliberately cut him out of a lot of pics and focused on meghan in an obvious way.

What they don't realize is that harry won't care. He's not charles or william. Not being center stage won't bother him.

by Anonymousreply 405September 24, 2018 6:08 PM

Modern Family's Halloween episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406September 24, 2018 6:09 PM

Too soon for that idiot peplum thing to be hiding a bump, but it wouldn't surprise me if she's pregnant. They absolutely didn't have time to waste, and if she's just about three months along they should be all right on the upcoming tour.

R395 - yes, I think Kate is shrewdly sticking to her Home Counties look and letting Meghan soak up all the Look At My Expensive Foreign Designer Clothes! PR.

The long game is always going to go to William and Kate no matter what MeAgain and Haz do. The shape of that headpiece is a reminder.

R405 - I agree - this is Charles and Diana all over again but Harry isn't the Heir Apparent and he hates the work, anyway, so he's happy to have MeAgain take up the spotlight she so hungers for. Of course, it's possible Harry may tire of that at some point, but not likely any time soon and quite possibly never. If so, he definitely married the right woman and I underestimated his judgement of who he is and what he needs.

I think a similar situation occurred in Denmark with Frederik and Mary - he was notoriously lazy and more interested in sailing and drinking and sports than doing anything more than the bare minimum for his "appenage" as Crown Prince of Denmark. Mary, on the other hand, like Diana and MeAgain, longed for a Larger Destiny, and took to the work and the spotlight like a duck to water. She is appreciated by the Danes for working much harder than her husband, learning Danish fluently, and is seen as a good mother. She consistently comes out at or near the top of the Danish Royal Popularity Polls, and her mother in law is quite pleased with the job Mary is doing.

Kate is a whole different animal from all three of those women. She doesn't care for the spotlight and is more interested in her home life with William, and with the three heirs safely arrived, she can pretty much relax and leave the spotlight hugging to her new sister-in-law, who can mug and hug for the cameras as much as she likes: Kate will still be Queen.

by Anonymousreply 407September 24, 2018 6:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408September 24, 2018 6:16 PM

R408 - Unfortunately, except for DM readers, most of the Great Unwashed are even dimmer than the royals, or they'd give the whole show the boot. This stuff never matters as much as it should.

But, ah, the DM - saved the story (which took place on 4 September) to coincide with today's coverage of Haz and MeAgain On The Basketball Court, so they can throw shade the moment some sun appears over HazBean's heads. You have to admire their strategic savvy.

You should see the comments btl of this article.

by Anonymousreply 409September 24, 2018 6:23 PM

She had the same layered, overly straightened '90s hair in 2010, but don't focus only on that; start at the top of her head and allow your eyes to scan down and slowly take in each element of her "look."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410September 24, 2018 6:23 PM

R410 - LOL. Actually, her waist looks as bad in that pink dress as it does is most of her outfits now, but in the highlighted lighter hair she looks more Latina and less black than ever; her face, though, is much softer and prettier, she doesn't look so "done" and the makeup is much softer.

Of course, the stuff she's clutching in her hot little hands is, well, the prelude to $2,000 Oscar de la Renta blouses. I take it this was an advertisement for swag bags at some industry event?

by Anonymousreply 411September 24, 2018 6:40 PM

Bean never met a gift suite that she didn't love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 24, 2018 7:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413September 24, 2018 7:10 PM

R413 - well, her past makes it clear who she is and what she wants and what she's willing to do to get it. Now, she wants to look like a humanitarian duchess. Only the veneer is very, very thin. She can't even bring herself to support the fashion industry of the country whose taxpayers are giving her the privileges she now enjoys. She figures she's doing enough for them if she carries out her patronage obligations.

by Anonymousreply 414September 24, 2018 8:32 PM

As a mostly lurking reader of this thread and its predecessors, it has been fascinating to watch it degenerate into an increasingly shrill shouting match between a whole bunch of people who have descended upon DataLounge from some of the unhinged fan girl sites such as Celebitchy etc clashing with a bunch of DataLoungers who have appointed themselves as experts on the British royal family.

In the mix there are a few actual English people who do know what they’re talking about as well as a few others from Commonwealth countries (e.g. Canada and Australia for those of you fan girls who don’t know what the Commonwealth is or think it has something to do with Massachusetts) who have a fairly good understanding having grown up with The Queen as Head of State and have a basic understanding of who is in her family and how they operate.

The thread was fairly entertaining when it focused on Meghan’s fashion failings but when I just read that someone on here seriously suggested that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (“Wills and Kate” for the uninitiated) arranged to be papped at a friend’s wedding to pick up some extra cash when the pics were sold to an American “celebrity” magazine - well, some of you people have no fucking idea.

They are rich beyond your wildest dreams. They have no need for what would be to them small change in payment and neither appears particularly enamoured with celebrity so I can’t see that they‘d be chuffed to appear in a rag like People.

Stop trying to apply your narrow, celebrity obsessed views on people to whom they just do not apply. You just make yourselves look foolish, and you really don’t need to work at that, you’re already there.

by Anonymousreply 415September 24, 2018 9:31 PM

For everyone going on about how she is likely up the duff, she had better not be as they are going on tour shortly, and Zika is in the path. The last thing those two want or need is a pinhead for a kid.

by Anonymousreply 416September 24, 2018 9:51 PM

WOW!

That picture at R410!!!

I've read on DL some people's comments that Sparkle has no waist, but in that picture - Just Wow!

She really, really doesn't have a waist!

Apologies for doubting any of the couture, wardrobe and costume experts, because you all were and are right on the money.

by Anonymousreply 417September 24, 2018 10:26 PM

R415 - The poster claiming to know that W&K take part of the price paid to photographers for photos of their children also claims to be British. As a half-breed Brit/Yank, I and others have told him he's looney and pointing out how fucking rich the Cambridges are, but to no avail.

Meanwhile, part of the problem has been the summer dearth of fashion faux pas on Meghan's part, as it was fairly quiet, so bear with us. We had to talk about something while we waited for their "work" schedules to pick up.

Things should pick up sartorially in the next three weeks, not least due to Yuge's wedding and the tour of H&M Down Under. So hang on.

R416 - Zika is one of those infections that can cause damage at any point in a pregnancy, so I doubt that she's in the Club. So if they haven't amended the schedule or cancelled the tour, she's not. I do subscribe, however, to her having frozen some of her eggs, which would be smart at her age if she wants time to become "accustomed" to her new life first.

by Anonymousreply 418September 24, 2018 10:37 PM

The press on Meghan overshadows Harry, but Meghan has her own PR (Sunshine Sachs). When she married she reported out of both sides of her mouth - her acting career was at an end, but she would retain representation to screen offers. Come now. Meghan herself doesn't overshadow Harry. In fact, I have read that when she is working one side of the street, talking to the folks assembled (hard to describe the numbers they draw as a "crowd"), her side calls for Harry. When it was Diana and Charles, the people would call for Diana. Meghan is nowhere near as popular as Diana, is not a popular royal. Not saying she's hated universally as she is here, but she's no phenomonem, and her hubby remains more popular. Everything else is just her own media spin and the tabloid media LOVES to stir up the readers and piss them off by bigging up Meg to ludicrous heights.

by Anonymousreply 419September 24, 2018 10:43 PM

Jessica Mulroney is just so....[italic]genuine.[/italic] It’s apparent why she and Bean are friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 24, 2018 10:43 PM

R420 - oh my sides at your tagline below!

by Anonymousreply 421September 24, 2018 10:50 PM

She has spawned four kids? Breeder frau.

by Anonymousreply 422September 24, 2018 10:52 PM

It's one thing to be a fame whore like JM, but bringing your young children into it - people who do that are despicable.

by Anonymousreply 423September 24, 2018 11:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424September 24, 2018 11:25 PM

[quote]when I just read that someone on here seriously suggested that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (“Wills and Kate” for the uninitiated) arranged to be papped at a friend’s wedding to pick up some extra cash when the pics were sold to an American “celebrity” magazine - well, some of you people have no fucking idea.

There's no shortage of stupid around this place but oi... empty lies the head that wears that particular crown.

by Anonymousreply 425September 24, 2018 11:29 PM

A link to this thread was posted on one of those Frau hater communities in the past two weeks, hence the sudden influx. I'm no fan of HazBean but those fraus take the biscuit. Their dislike is toxic and racially motivated. It's a shame they couldnt' stay in their enclosure.

by Anonymousreply 426September 24, 2018 11:44 PM

R426 - What is more, those fraus have no sense of humour. New posters should have to pass an Irony Test before they're allowed in.

by Anonymousreply 427September 25, 2018 12:34 AM

Just got back from the grocery. Sparky is on the cover of In Touch magazine with an arrow pointing to her royal womb.

by Anonymousreply 428September 25, 2018 12:35 AM

^ Are you sure it wasn't a pitchfork?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429September 25, 2018 1:03 AM

^^^I’d think it would be Lizzie with a knitting needle.

by Anonymousreply 430September 25, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote]She has spawned four kids? Breeder frau.

She has 3. The daughter and the creepy Shining twins. The 'fourth' she was referring to is her closeted husband.

by Anonymousreply 431September 25, 2018 1:15 AM

God that's even creepier to refer to her husband as her 4th kid! Thanks R431 for clarifying.

by Anonymousreply 432September 25, 2018 1:16 AM

R432 - Every time I begin to wonder if I've been a bit harsh on Sparkle, I think about the fact Jessica Mulroney is her bestie and that apart from JM it's the makeup/hair stylist and Marcus what's his name and I think, No, no - I was right after all.

by Anonymousreply 433September 25, 2018 1:44 AM

Jessica, when she looked human

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434September 25, 2018 1:53 AM

She was a nice enough looking girl. Better there than her present Bride of Frankenstein thing.

by Anonymousreply 435September 25, 2018 1:54 AM

Oh wow they both ping hard n R434

by Anonymousreply 436September 25, 2018 1:57 AM

They ping super hard. He has gayface for days and she looks not only dykey, but quite hard. What a pair!

by Anonymousreply 437September 25, 2018 2:01 AM

R430 Abort, abort, abort, abort, chuck it down the pan. Bring me a...a...a knitting needle.

by Anonymousreply 438September 25, 2018 2:42 AM

I like navy with black, although it’s nothing new or radical. Their awkward hug was sad. Definitely trying deflection with bait for pregnancy rumors. They are boring though, as people. Losing interest so bring on the clothes!,

by Anonymousreply 439September 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Apart from being mixed race and having married into a famous, rich and famously white family she’s actually kind of dull. Having heard her speak a couple of times now she sounds completely pleasant but overly earnest, shallow and with a heavy reliance on psychobabble and whatever corporate buzz words have currency. But then again, she’s from LA. How else would she sound?

by Anonymousreply 440September 25, 2018 5:29 AM

That awful Oscar De La Renta blazer looks like a reject from the first episode of any Project Runway season where Heidi and the crew says " Auf Wiedersehen" to the obviously least talented candidate. That ghoul Jessica obviously merched it for MeAgain. And it was a horrid pairing with those black slacks. Those awful asymmetric flares are terrible and her waist is thick as a brick so that belt doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 441September 25, 2018 7:06 AM

I can't be bothered to listen her speak.Does she say "like" and "awesome" 25 times like every other LA person?

by Anonymousreply 442September 25, 2018 11:07 AM

R442 No. She's actually pretty well spoken.

The weight gain looks good on her. Her face looks softer and more youthful.

by Anonymousreply 443September 25, 2018 11:35 AM

You realize how little is involved in being a B actress. All this hugging and kissing and hair tugging... she doesn't have a knack for the role.

by Anonymousreply 444September 25, 2018 11:47 AM

It’s weird that she doesn’t wear British designers, especially because when she was trying to land Harry, she was always papped wearing a Barbour jacket, Hunter wellies, and carrying Mulberry bags. It was her English-man-hunting costume, I guess. Comical, really.

by Anonymousreply 445September 25, 2018 12:21 PM

R445 - All she needed was a Merkel RX Helix (just in case anyone thinks an eldergay retired academic is into deerstalking, I got the name from ShootingUK).

by Anonymousreply 446September 25, 2018 1:09 PM

R444 - B-list? C-list is doing her a favour.

But face it: would anyone who was already an A-Lister have married this dim bulb?

by Anonymousreply 447September 25, 2018 1:12 PM

Why did her mother introduce herself as "meg's mom" when her real name is rachel?

by Anonymousreply 448September 25, 2018 3:20 PM

Feigning surprise/interest? She was never a great actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449September 25, 2018 3:29 PM

I hope everyone believes that I want to be here! Fingers crossed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450September 25, 2018 3:30 PM

It's not polite to point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451September 25, 2018 3:33 PM

Courtside fashion - Kate vs. Meghan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452September 25, 2018 3:33 PM

That top is not flattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453September 25, 2018 3:36 PM

This is an awkward shot from this angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454September 25, 2018 3:39 PM

She's a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455September 25, 2018 3:39 PM

As awful as her personality&fashion taste can be,she wasn't blessed with great looks.It's not something she can change.

by Anonymousreply 456September 25, 2018 4:03 PM

R453 - Perhaps she thought it reminiscent of a gymnasium uniform . . .

by Anonymousreply 457September 25, 2018 4:28 PM

Spike heels on the gym floor???

Clueless.

Bad, bad, bad.

by Anonymousreply 458September 25, 2018 4:30 PM

There is no such thing as too much or enough money to the wealthy. They always want more. Only poor people think of wealth in finite terms.

by Anonymousreply 459September 25, 2018 4:32 PM

R456 - she's "changed" her nose and straightened her hair, hasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 460September 25, 2018 4:33 PM

Meghan is aware that she will never be Queen. For a working class biracial American being a Duchess and a member of the BRF is a end in and of itself. There is no further up for her as there is no way a future King of England would have been allowed to marry her. Being a Duchess also has it's own privileges because there is no way the future Queen would be allowed the same leeway as a Duchess.

I think that both of Diana sons got exactly what they wanted for a spouse. I think William who is more like Charles than Diana has the quiet home and heart life and Harry who is more like Diana than Charles will lead the more glamorous life. I recall that during the infamous week leading up to Diana's death, it was written that William was miserable during the vacation with Dodi while Harry was loving it.

by Anonymousreply 461September 25, 2018 4:41 PM

Always pushing those funereal black or navy blue bathrobes she seems to favor.

by Anonymousreply 462September 25, 2018 4:50 PM

It's odd, when you consider Fergie's pedigree described above, how she can be so permanently clueless. Especially since middle class girls have managed to fit in with the aristos and rf without too many problems...Autumn Phillips, Lizzy Wilson, Charlene Wittstock.

by Anonymousreply 463September 25, 2018 5:47 PM

Sorry, wrong thread!!!

by Anonymousreply 464September 25, 2018 5:48 PM

She's wearing bloody black again and touched her hair twice before shaking hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465September 25, 2018 5:57 PM

Waving to her fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466September 25, 2018 5:58 PM

She always finds the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467September 25, 2018 5:58 PM

This is the video for R465

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468September 25, 2018 6:03 PM

She doesn't look too bad lately but so sick of the colour.

by Anonymousreply 469September 25, 2018 6:11 PM

What the FUCK is her obsession with black clothing?!

The dress is awful and another Givenchy and £2,000. The front with the velvet texture V is simply ugly, her waist looks thick, and unless my eyes deceived me you can see enough up the slit to see some undergarment, bottom of a slip or top of her hose (do women still wear hose like that?).

Black again, ugly design, inappropriate views under, think in the middle, foreign luxury designer.

Jesus - she really and truly just does not have two fucks to give, does she, about the sensibilities of the family who let her in or their taxpayers?

And the obsession with black is just absurd. She doesn't even look that great in the colour.

by Anonymousreply 470September 25, 2018 6:22 PM

*THICK in the middle . . .

R470

by Anonymousreply 471September 25, 2018 6:23 PM

Looking at R455, Pa may have taught her how to find her light in a controlled setting, but now that she's out in the wild and her face is contorting at will she's looking a lot like Natalie Nunn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472September 25, 2018 6:32 PM

Correction: the dress is £2,500, the black clutch is £1,390 and also by Givenchy, and it looks like she isn't wearing hose. In the up close photos on DM she looks every bit her age, there are a couple of gray hairs at the top of her head, and her hair is clearly fried and/or recently received new extensions or weaves.

This woman is just incapable of selecting a truly flattering outfit. Maybe she should try some British designers, maybe one could do for her what Givenchy, Dior, and de la Renta seemingly cannot.

by Anonymousreply 473September 25, 2018 6:33 PM

I think Sparkle is afraid of colour, and I think she's afraid of colour because she figures she won't do as well in them as the Home Counties English Rose across the way in Kensington Palace. She's leaving the colours to Kate and staking out the Oh So Much More Adult And Elegant Neutrals for herself. The only problem is, she has sallow colouring and the black, navy, dark green, etc., really don't light up her face.

She's wrong about the colours. Christ, she doesn't have to show up in candy pink, it's autumn, she could show up in aqua, royal blue . . .

Claire Foy wore a drop dead fabulous gown by Stella McCartney for the premiere of her newest gig that was rather an homage to Sargent's Portrait of Madame X.

For god's sake, why doesn't Sparkle take a look at stuff like that and stop the bullshit with Givenchy and the rest of the lot?!

by Anonymousreply 474September 25, 2018 6:43 PM

Oh, she dressed for a Christmas party.

by Anonymousreply 475September 25, 2018 6:44 PM

Wearing British designers?!? Just like Kate, the hag who will be Queen one day while I will NOT?!?

No way! I'm far too classy and far too regal anyway to wear those British rags!

by Anonymousreply 476September 25, 2018 6:44 PM

R475 - "Oh, she dressed for a Christmas party."

Nailed it, my son, that's exactly what she looks like: she's off to a Christmas Eve cocktail party at hubby's boss's home in Belgravia. All she needs is a little holiday bag from Gerry's Wine & Spirits in the other hand with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot sticking out.

Or one from her father in law's private Reserve.

by Anonymousreply 477September 25, 2018 7:00 PM

The woman in the blue dress @ r468 looks to be the same height as Sparkle but wearing flats. Her waist is higher and legs are longer even though Sparkle is tittupping about in 5” spike heels. Sparkle must hate that.

by Anonymousreply 478September 25, 2018 7:19 PM

She's such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 479September 25, 2018 7:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480September 25, 2018 7:28 PM

She's getting fat around the mid-section. Which is a real problem when you haven't got a waist in the first place.

She might be getting that pre-IVF-treatment with hormones so she can get preggers right after that trip to Oz.

by Anonymousreply 481September 25, 2018 7:35 PM

Black is so ageing, and she's not youthful looking to begin with! That goes for the hair too, she should soften it-- she has jet black straw. She has crazy, hungry eyes.

by Anonymousreply 482September 25, 2018 7:47 PM

The pic @ r467 looks like Mandy Patinkin in drag.

by Anonymousreply 483September 25, 2018 8:00 PM

Well, with all the black in her wardrobe, she's all set when someone kicks the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 484September 25, 2018 8:04 PM

It's too early for anything regarding IVF. There's an eight-week wait after visiting a Zika area before attempting to conceive.

A full IVF cycle only takes eight weeks, with the earliest phase being normal birth-control pills (for those not already on them) for a month to produce a controlled menstrual cycle. The follicle stimulating drugs that can cause fluid retention are only used 10-12 days prior to egg retrieval.

by Anonymousreply 485September 25, 2018 8:04 PM

You all have to know that this event here marks the real fulfillment of all Sparkle's dreams when she met Harry - not being with Harry, but stepping out of a limo on her own, cameras flashing, people bowing and curtseying, a bouquet, and the cameras rolling as she graciously tours the event exhibit hospital children's center, etc., smiling and looking interested, and then after a couple of hours gets back into the limo and goes home.

This is what she's been living for since that first date.

by Anonymousreply 486September 25, 2018 8:15 PM

thx, R485!

by Anonymousreply 487September 25, 2018 8:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488September 25, 2018 8:47 PM

I actually like that picture, R488.

by Anonymousreply 489September 25, 2018 8:52 PM

She really needed a good pedicure cause her feet are cracked and noticeably peeling. Too much time in those high heels and her foot skin is rebelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490September 25, 2018 8:52 PM

I'm sorry but she fucking looks like Morticia Adamms in that photo.

And the sight of her heels in those shoes is unpardonably bad grooming, and hose would have covered the cracking skin.

Slutty habits under a the veneer of newly acquired wealth and social status.

by Anonymousreply 491September 25, 2018 8:55 PM

She’s altogether ooky.

by Anonymousreply 492September 25, 2018 9:01 PM

*Damme - Morticia Addams . . . not Adamms.

R491

by Anonymousreply 493September 25, 2018 9:04 PM

“Only poor people...”? Speak for yourself, R459.

Oh, I see - you are.

by Anonymousreply 494September 25, 2018 9:29 PM

Oh, the DM is having a field day cooing over Sparkle whilst throwing shade at her: the cost of the dress is in the huge headline, the large closeups show how wrinkled her forehead is and indifferent her skin is, and in the Maori nose-rubbing photo you can see how stretched her neck is. She needs to put on 10 pounds, and fast.

If it weren't for the strenuous efforts of the DM to keep the BRF honest, Sparkle would have been canonised by now.

by Anonymousreply 495September 25, 2018 9:32 PM

R442. Speaking, well spoken, but despite animated hands and expression, oddly dull. I look at her but what she says is empty, no matter how earnest the delivery. She says like, but she says right? At the end of many sentences, when she’s trying to emphasize a point.

by Anonymousreply 496September 25, 2018 9:47 PM

She needs to wear those hooker heels all the time - they make Hazza shag the DuchAss so she will end up with a bun, her meal ticket respectively in the oven.

by Anonymousreply 497September 25, 2018 9:54 PM

You know; you’re absolutely right r486. She,s living the dream now, or objective. Only she would date Prince Harry to not get him, but get past him ! He was standing in the way of her light shining at its brightest. He held the key to entry, now he’s only holding her back......he will be ghosted now off with you ginger prince! You’ve served your purpose.

by Anonymousreply 498September 25, 2018 10:00 PM

How many people show up to see Sparkle? The photos are always of her and the greeters at the various events, (except I think there were some crowd shots in Ireland).

Isn't the purpose of these events to allow the peasants to see their betters?

How many peasants show up?

by Anonymousreply 499September 25, 2018 10:24 PM

R496 - Yes, she is dull, that's the mystery of the thing. She's strikes me as someone who crafted a persona from a laundry list of characteristics she thought an A-Lister should have, but none of those grafts "took" or came naturally to her, and she comes off as amazingly inauthentic. She's a "made up" person - or, if you will, an exemplar of that American talent for self-reinvention.

I do wonder about Harry falling for so much surface performance with so little behind it. He's either also amazingly shallow or so beset by emotional I'll say this for Kate, her persona was authentic and she hasn't changed it in response to Sparkle's arrival on the scene. She doesn't have to reinvent herself.

Of course, Harry's mother was very much an actress, as well. But she was a "natural" at it and she had the other accoutrements that Sparkle lacks: the breeding and background, the looks, genuine "star" power - and, of course, she had the dewy bloom of youth all over her, like flower petal powder, when she came on the scene.

Sparkle is most definitely the bargain basement version, but who knows if that will be sufficient for Harry? If he grows up, he will undoubtedly tire of her; if he doesn't, he may not.

And from the closeups in the DM, I don't think she will age well - she looks as if she's aging rapidly already.

by Anonymousreply 500September 25, 2018 10:28 PM

*He's either also amazingly shallow or so beset by emotional conflict he can't see her clearly. I'll say this . . ."

R500

by Anonymousreply 501September 25, 2018 10:29 PM

Kate made her first solo public appearance six months after her wedding in 2011 with just 24 hours notice, filling in at an event Charles had to pull out of. She was stunning and wore a perfectly fitted gown by British designer Amanda Wakeley. Meghan had a full week's notice to get her first solo appearance dress in order and she chose this ghastly black number from a French design house that cost nearly $4,000 when combined with the matching Givenchy purse.

Megs cannot get it right. Ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502September 25, 2018 10:53 PM

Sparkle is all glitter no substance. Scratch beneath the veneer and you get cracked heels, ill-fitting undergarments, and (intentional?) wardrobe malfunctions. Her whole persona blinkers FAKE and detestably vacuous.

by Anonymousreply 503September 25, 2018 11:01 PM

R502 If Meghan wore a dress like that people would be saying it's too revealing,slutty and she's trying to be sexy etc.

by Anonymousreply 504September 25, 2018 11:05 PM

R504 Kate was much younger than Meghan is today so she could get away with it thanks to being in her late 20's. Plus she exudes class and elegance. That's something Sparkle is completely devoid of so she could not carry it off without trying to look like a sexpot. She's always looking for the camera and carries herself with zero grace which is why she would get vilified. No one looked at that photo at the time and thought of Kate as slutty because she carried herself with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 505September 26, 2018 12:02 AM

Kate is lovely but she's human too and she wasn't always this classy and perfect.Plenty of drunk Kate pics can be found online.Of course that was before she married into the royal family.Perhaps Megs will learn to look elegant too,she's American so it'll be harder for her.

I'm not a Meg fan but she's 37 not 85.I find all this she's too old to wear this or that talk ridiculous.If she was beautiful and had a good figure nobody would be complaining.

by Anonymousreply 506September 26, 2018 12:21 AM

R500 Nothing to do with emotional maturity. He's just fucking stupid. He inherited his mother's intellectual fire power. When you're a box of rocks up top you can't manage to look below the surface so you accept the surface, even if it's obviously fake.

by Anonymousreply 507September 26, 2018 12:38 AM

The article about Kate's dress at R502 mentions that she changed the waistline from the original gown (showing pictures of both). Comparing the 2, Kate's choice is much more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 508September 26, 2018 12:58 AM

Agreed r508. I’d not seen that pic before but Kate’s choice to make it empire line instead of belted at the waist makes it far more elegant.

by Anonymousreply 509September 26, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote]If she was beautiful and had a good figure nobody would be complaining.

I think she is beautiful. To look at. It's the grasping, gaming climbing I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 510September 26, 2018 1:03 AM

She may as well stick to her uniform from here on out. No need for designer duds if they're all going to look like mourning outfits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511September 26, 2018 1:39 AM

That's my great-royalgrandmother, Princess Alice!

See? I have been studying. Go me!!

by Anonymousreply 512September 26, 2018 1:46 AM

The pic at [410]—Charlotte Russe dress—I can’t stop looking at her big toes! They look like thumbs!

The pic at [455]—that’s bad hair up close. Frizzy. Looks like a lighter brown piece is peeking out from underneath the new weave and it isn’t pretty.

[486]—I think your description is on point. She’s living for those moments.

by Anonymousreply 513September 26, 2018 1:56 AM

R513, you don't have to type out the brackets. Just add an "R" directly before the post number you're referencing and it will format itself.

Big toes like thumbs. Between that and the full moon I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

by Anonymousreply 514September 26, 2018 5:19 AM

R490 R513 R514 Her toes are bizarrely as long as her fingers and her "old lady bunions" are caused by wearing ill-fitting shoes either sized too small (which isn't the case presently) and/or wearing very high heels too often.

With her obvious love of hooker heels, those bunions will continue to get bigger and her big toes will develop an even more severe angle. Surgery is the only fix. (My mum got bunions from wearing shoes sized too small when she was growing up and very poor, and had the surgery later in life as they became painful.)

The DM posted pics of Sparky's feet a few months ago for reader amusement (as attached), but R490 's pic of those tough cracked heels is particularly indicative, as pointed out, of a lack of care. Nasty. Horses have better feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515September 26, 2018 6:55 AM

A lot of fashionistas have terrible pointy feet with huge bunions, even quite young ones. Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham and Kate Middleton spring to mind. I know all this thanks to the DM.

by Anonymousreply 516September 26, 2018 7:31 AM

Indeed r516 - Where would this, and many other threads, be without the DM? Love to loathe it but we rely on it for our gossip.

by Anonymousreply 517September 26, 2018 9:00 AM

The Fail is also responsible for unleashing Steven Tyler's mangled toes on the world. They called them "unsightly shrimp toes." The phrase and the visual are still stuck in my brain, and it's been years.

by Anonymousreply 518September 26, 2018 11:12 AM

Now then, DLers, this takes the biscuit: the DM has a major headline up today about Sparkle being hailed as "humble and down to earth" on social media because - SHE OPENED THE CAR DOOR HERSELF AT THE ART EXHIBITION!!!!

(The fact that she had to because no one leapt forward from the Academy of Art to do so doesn't seem to have occurred.)

by Anonymousreply 519September 26, 2018 1:19 PM

AND SHE CLOSED IT TOO! (somewhat angrily according to the commenters)

by Anonymousreply 520September 26, 2018 1:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521September 26, 2018 1:42 PM

Why does she dress like a 60 year old woman? And the shoes?? Ugh, humble my ass, SHE IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 522September 26, 2018 1:50 PM

3 events in one week.She needs to disappear until the upcoming tour.

by Anonymousreply 523September 26, 2018 1:51 PM

The funereal colors do her no favors. She really needs to get a competent stylist, preferably one with access to a tape measure and a sewing kit.

by Anonymousreply 524September 26, 2018 1:58 PM

Her clothes never fit and her hair used to look much better. She needs to get the stylists from Suits on a plane.

by Anonymousreply 525September 26, 2018 1:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526September 26, 2018 2:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527September 26, 2018 2:50 PM

Sorry for posting twice. Nothing happened the first time I posted (or so I thought).

by Anonymousreply 528September 26, 2018 2:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529September 26, 2018 3:09 PM

What does she have on her feet? Looks like Frankenstein booties!

by Anonymousreply 530September 26, 2018 3:13 PM

This just in: Even Kaiser on Celebitchy hates the dress, and at least half the comments agree.

I agree with one of them that the lack of hose for this outfit was appalling.

by Anonymousreply 531September 26, 2018 3:19 PM

I really like the dress, shoes and bag and think she looks quite elegant. However, she could achieve the same look for £500 all up.

by Anonymousreply 532September 26, 2018 3:30 PM

I think the dress looks basic as fuck and the split is far too high.

The clutch is useless, girls you just don't need those clutchs. You can't put anything inside anyway.

The shoes are pretty.

by Anonymousreply 533September 26, 2018 3:35 PM

And her hair is really fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 534September 26, 2018 3:38 PM

R527 when Meghan says "the role we play" about the RF says it all.. Bad actress cashing in on the role of a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 535September 26, 2018 3:49 PM

R533 It also looks like she's wearing a bib .

by Anonymousreply 536September 26, 2018 4:16 PM

R536 - Agree, the velvet triangle [sic] on the bodice is awful.

Welladay, the TIMES (UK) reports that the post-wedding carriage wave to the plebs ride for Yuge will be a fraction of the one for H&M.

I don't know what annoys me more: Prince Andrew's undoubted rage at the slight to his little blood princess (9th in line) or the undoubted smugness of Sparkle at the confirmation of her place in the hierarchy (married to the 6th in line and son and brother to the next two Kings).

Because, when hierarchy rules, when I took maths in schools, 6 was higher than 9.

by Anonymousreply 537September 26, 2018 4:25 PM

R534 And in the course of 15 seconds she touches her hair 3 times! She simply cannot stop playing with her hair extensions. So unsightly.

by Anonymousreply 538September 26, 2018 5:17 PM

America's Princess Shuts Car Door!!!! Actual DM headline.

by Anonymousreply 539September 26, 2018 5:21 PM

Kate will resume her royal duties on Oct 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540September 26, 2018 5:24 PM

Lord, there is no end to the inventiveness of the DM in the shade department. They should be put to work in carnival telling fortunes.

"America's Princess Shuts Car Door" (translation: not "our" princess, she fucking doesn't belong here, but we do think she is just so humble for shutting that door, the reflex must be due to her plebian roots!).

"Designer Duchess!" (translation: none of the designers are British and look at the cost of this mess of a frock, she could have gotten it in Marks and Spencer for £200).

"Meghan's Favourite Altazurra Shoes" (note the price tag, the lack of hose, and the cracked heels showing due to lack of hose - you can take the girl out of L.A., but . . .)

Thank God Kate is returning to work next week. More clothes, more bitching, and quite likely more fuel from the DM.

Taking wagers now: will they play up the Kate The True English Princess or figure they're doing so well throwing shade at Meghan, they may as well throw some at Kate, too?

What will it be, my children? The DM building up Kate to stick it to Meghan? Or sticking it to both women?

by Anonymousreply 541September 26, 2018 5:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542September 26, 2018 6:03 PM

I hope they will be sticking it to both women. Kate used to touch her hair just as much if not more than MM.

by Anonymousreply 543September 26, 2018 6:04 PM

Oh yes, sugar aka R543, we get it. No matter what Bean may be criticised, in your mind Kate surely did worse.

by Anonymousreply 544September 26, 2018 7:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545September 26, 2018 7:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546September 26, 2018 7:56 PM

They have it right. I am sure she would like to be known as an American Princess.

by Anonymousreply 547September 26, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote]'Either way, she plans on doing all of the decorating. This is her way of thanking her mom.

[quote]'Plus she loves decorating, it's a passion. And by the time she's done, her mom's home will look like a page out of Architectural Digest.

Yeah, it's going to look exactly like the Architectural Digest page below. And before long it will actually be a page in Architectural Digest, complete with all of the prices and ordering info from R549 listed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548September 26, 2018 8:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549September 26, 2018 8:48 PM

R544 Fuck you, fat frau. I don't care for either of them, and I really think this "sugar" shit is retarded and should be left to the tumblr crowd or wherever it came from. Just setting the record straight.

by Anonymousreply 550September 26, 2018 8:52 PM

R545 - God, MM's skin looks bad in that photo.

Sparkle and Sam aren't going to meet? Really? Sure about that? Well, there goes my wager . . .

Apparently some viewers of the "Queen of the World" documentary noticed that Sparkle's accent had changed. She's such a preening narcissistic fake - her pretensions are going to become unbearable with time, and I want to know if the Duchy of Cornwall revenues are also going to be used to pay for that little home of Doria's. Because if so, I'm going to vote Labour no matter how nuts Jez's speeches get.

Touching the hair is a sign of internal self-doubt or nervousness, which probably afflicted both women in the early days of getting used to their "roles". As Sparkle has weaves, there's probably an added unconscious need to make sure they're still attached or properly disguised.

Jackie Kennedy used to push her hair back often with a light brush of her fingers at the forehead - only in her it was considered an endearingly feminine trait.

Oddly, Diana didn't, even at the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 551September 26, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote]As Sparkle has weaves, there's probably an added unconscious need to make sure they're still attached or properly disguised.

She's in full hairdressing mode in this video; separating the top sections, lifting them, then patting them back down to ensure the free-flowing weave is hidden....on a windy day....while handling food.

I can't decide whether it's 51% stupidity and 49% hubris or the other way around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552September 26, 2018 9:24 PM

Sure R550

by Anonymousreply 553September 26, 2018 11:07 PM

R552 - I'm going with 51% hubris. She gets 2 percentage points for snagging Harry.

by Anonymousreply 554September 27, 2018 12:16 AM

Oh joy - the DM has a prominent article up now on "Harry and Meghan's secret weekend in Amsterdam - how the royal couple joined a racy celebrity set who partied till dawn and toured the red light district"

It's a wonder she had the strength to open and close that car door after that weekend.

by Anonymousreply 555September 27, 2018 12:35 AM

She'd like that kind of a weekend in Amsterdam. Much more her speed.

by Anonymousreply 556September 27, 2018 12:49 AM

R556 - Well, the DM couldn't let the week close with the last story about Sparkle being about her "humbleness" and "down to earth" character, now could they?

Pity there's no snaps.

by Anonymousreply 557September 27, 2018 12:52 AM

It's going to be a loooooong life for that girl... they're already feasting on her and she's not been married six months.

Can't wait for the cavalcade of Meagain fucks up stories from her first tour.

by Anonymousreply 558September 27, 2018 1:01 AM

R558 - Oh I'm sure she'll be cushioned from too many stumbles. What will be more interesting is the response from Commonwealth folk, because a great many of them don't give a fuck about the royals, resent the whole set-up, and are annoyed by the huge expense for their security (borne by the host nation, of course) that these visits entail. The rapturous reception Diana, especially got on that first tour after William was born might rub off on Harry, but he is sixth in line and Sparkle, much as she may delude herself, is no Diana.

There's much more republican sentiment Down Under than there was in the 1980s.

It bears repeating that the Sussex wedding drew the lowest ratings in the UK of any broadcast royal wedding in history, even including the massively boring Wessex's. I will be interested to see what the response is.

by Anonymousreply 559September 27, 2018 1:20 AM

So, will Sparkle be packing all black clothes for her tour?

Do most people wear black down under?

by Anonymousreply 560September 27, 2018 1:39 AM

R560 Only when the royals come to town.

by Anonymousreply 561September 27, 2018 1:45 AM

One of the tricks of monarchy is enigma... you make them wonder more than you let them hear you. A little is a lot with royalty. This one talks too much and when she does it sounds like her words were styled by that melted blow up doll who tried to steal Pippa Middleton's ass.

by Anonymousreply 562September 27, 2018 2:18 AM

So, I know Harry is dim but why would he write that letter to the press if they weren't that serious yet and he was dating others?

by Anonymousreply 563September 27, 2018 2:28 AM

R563 - Why, indeed? Because she'd had her lawyers write one first and he couldn't really leave her hanging out there alone to take the heat on that. No one is suggesting he wasn't interested in her, but they were not yet engaged.

Her real aim was not so much to intimidate the British press, but to force Harry into a tacit public announcement that she was the real deal, making it increasingly awkward for him to pull out if he wanted to. The Vanity Fair cover was the other tactic she took on this. If Kate had done an interview before the engagement announcement the way Markle did, with a last line that said, "I'm sure the day will come when we'll have to present ourselves and tell our story but this is out time . . ." virtually announcing before the Palace did that she'd got him. It is a massive no-no, and if Kate had done it William would have given her the boot, because discretion above all things is the watchword for royal girlfriends. That's how Diana's sister, Sarah, lost her chance with Charles.

By that point in his life, Harry should have learnt a few lessons about the British press, particularly the tabloids - they do not take kindly to threats and they have a great deal of money and ink. It was the stupidest thing he could have done, as you can see from the incessant determination of the DM and the Sun to tarnish her in the eyes of the public. They'll never forgive the Sussexes and they'll keep discreetly smearing Markle till the end of the chapter. And God help her if there's really something out there that they can dig up that can bring her down. Or that they've found already and are holding in reserve for the right moment.

She played him like the proverbial fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 564September 27, 2018 2:54 AM

Thanks R564

by Anonymousreply 565September 27, 2018 3:03 AM

She’s still such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 566September 27, 2018 3:22 AM

One thing I do not get about black people - if they have so much pride in their identity, why do nearly all of the women go to massive trouble and expense to have weaves and extensions? I think natural African hair looks great, as well as healthy, and invariably the straightened hair looks dead and fried. And surely the weaves need to be updated or replaced pretty often, otherwise it must be quite unhygienic.

by Anonymousreply 567September 27, 2018 7:35 AM

Because Black and Proud is a myth R567.

Some activists are, but most black women still hate their natural hair.

by Anonymousreply 568September 27, 2018 7:44 AM

Poor thing. She's Pippa'ing her heart out but the lighting makes it look like she's wearing giant high-cut underpants under a sheer dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569September 27, 2018 8:37 AM

R569, Where do you think she keeps her kid's duck?

by Anonymousreply 570September 27, 2018 8:54 AM

I worry for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 571September 27, 2018 8:58 AM

Her best friend Jessica is such a whore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572September 27, 2018 9:01 AM

So much photo-shopping.

by Anonymousreply 573September 27, 2018 9:13 AM

R572 Read and weep - It's Official - Sparky's stylist perp is about to foist her good taste and style upon all Canadians this fall.

Hudson's Bay, iconic, and last, Canadian-branded department store - with divisions of Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Galeria Kaufhof (Germany ) - hired stylist Jessica Mulroney as their 'bnidal and fashion stylist'.

Excerpt -

"The fashion stylist advised her [Markle] on and off-air [Suits] and was Markle’s chief adviser of her wedding dress [to Prince Harry]." ...

" Jessica Mulroney is a stylist, p.r., brand and content strategist to major Canadian brands and labels. Having teamed with the retailer [Hudson's Bay] in 2014 to launch the Kleinfeld brand in Canada, her role has her helping “drive the fashion and bridal business” and acting as the spokeswoman for its new Core Life brand due out this fall. The new label will span apparel, footwear and accessories for women and men. ...

Hudson’s Bay president Alison Coville said in a statement, “As we continue to drive our fashion position in Canada, Jessica is a valued and important partner of Hudson’s Bay. Working with Jessica in this new capacity gives us the opportunity to share her expert knowledge and style with our customers and ultimately provide a unique shopping experience with a compelling point of view. ...

Jessica is an established voice for fashion in Canada. She has a loyal following of people who trust and are inspired by her style. We are thrilled she will continue to bring her energy and focus to Hudson’s Bay shoppers.” she said. ...

On more official terms, Mulroney said, “Hudson’s Bay is Canada’s fashion authority and I am so excited to expand my relationship with the company. I am extremely proud of the work I’ve done to help build the Kleinfeld Hudson’s Bay business and this is an incredible opportunity to speak to an even broader audience and do the same within the fashion space."

Now we know who's been dressing Sparky, and we can all follow in the wobbly footsteps of those enchanting feet.

Thoughts and prayers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574September 27, 2018 10:13 AM

Kate is so gorgeous,tall,has a near perfect body and stunning hair.Even if Megs was a perfect human being personality wise she would have been disliked by most.People want to see beauty.

by Anonymousreply 575September 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Hahaha, she's really milking her relationship with Meghan.

Someone can explain me again how the Middletons are terrible cause they sell mini british flags?

by Anonymousreply 576September 27, 2018 10:43 AM

Kate is the one who wears wiglets and most hair extensions come from India and are sold in the west to--you guessed it-- white women.

Look at pippas hair. That's Kate's natural hair. There are old pics of it too.

White women have thin, limp hair on average. They want south asian hair if anything.

I think meghan does keratin treatments but that's all. Her hair looks too natural to be extensions whereas Kate's sausage curls and stiff hair with unnatural thickness on the lower bottom looks like a half wig. Do white women hate their lips, skin and bodies since they alter it so much with injections, tanning, anti ageing creams and PS?

Doria is a black woman. She wears her natural hair like most black women that I've seen.

A lot of racists in here "but it's not about colour!! Stop pulling the race card!".

Message to fraus: You'll be seeing a lot more of these pairings so you might as well get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 577September 27, 2018 12:45 PM

Kate has a mannish body type.

Tall, short legs, long torso and wide shoulders. And she needs to stop with the tanning she's already ageing rapidly and there is only so much photoshopping dm is willing to do. She has jowls. Can't believe she is only 36..

by Anonymousreply 578September 27, 2018 12:50 PM

You’re so full of sugar you must be diabetic r577.

by Anonymousreply 579September 27, 2018 12:50 PM

R564 LOL Yes, little z list actress meghan FORCED hazzy to marry her! She also blackmailed the QUEEN!!

Seriously, I'm starting to think a lot of you are mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 580September 27, 2018 1:00 PM

Blue is her colour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581September 27, 2018 1:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582September 27, 2018 1:19 PM

"....and then the frauhag said I forced him to marry me!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583September 27, 2018 1:23 PM

R577 So tell me genius, why Meghan's hair has two different textures and colors?

It's a fucking wig, doesn't matter if Kate has one too.

It's the fucking first time I hear about black women not needing wigs.

by Anonymousreply 584September 27, 2018 1:26 PM

R584 Stop watching so much jerry springer and take a walk outside and perhaps communicate with people if you want to learn about them.

It's called a blow dryer and straightener, genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585September 27, 2018 1:34 PM

Did Jessica Mulroney go to design school? Business school? Any higher education? Or is she simply a product of an ambitious marriage and Instagram?

by Anonymousreply 586September 27, 2018 4:46 PM

I liked her nappy hair! And her original nose!

by Anonymousreply 587September 27, 2018 4:51 PM

R584, have you heard of hair color?

I do not wear weaves/extensions but I used to relax my hair. I currently get a better look and feel from a flat iron though I have to get my hair styled weekly.

For the record many black women love the idea of being able to chose how they wear their hair. We do not have to explain our choice of how we wear our hair any more than we have to explain why we chose a certain brand of tampon. Our choice is personal to us individually.

by Anonymousreply 588September 27, 2018 5:02 PM

So..... if Kate *does* wear extensions (which hasn’t been proven) is that her choice and nobody else’s business r588? Because that’s how the thread ended up here, with baseless accusations of Kate wearing wigs.

For the record I have no idea if Kate wears wigs or not, just that there is no evidence of it.

by Anonymousreply 589September 27, 2018 5:15 PM

Closing up on 600 count.

Here's the next thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590September 27, 2018 5:38 PM

No one's asking you for an explanation, R588. The facts speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 591September 27, 2018 6:00 PM

R588 Duh, your "choice" is dictated by 2 centuries of slavery and racism.

Don't act like you just LOVE to destroy your hair and skin to look more white.

by Anonymousreply 592September 27, 2018 6:21 PM

New name for Megan “ Morticia “ 😂

by Anonymousreply 593September 27, 2018 6:28 PM

Is the dailyfail ignoring William and his trip to Africa?

by Anonymousreply 594September 27, 2018 6:38 PM

R593

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595September 27, 2018 6:47 PM

R588 don't you dare lie to us! You hate yourself! What with your age defying skin, natural youthful looks, plump lips, button nose, big brown eyes and naturally versatile hair you can braid and straighten, round high butt! You hate yourself!! Say it!,😠😠😤😖 my life and WS depends on it!!11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596September 27, 2018 6:56 PM

R592, you are entitled to your opinion. But to me slavery is allowing a gay man who has no real interest in women other than to criticize them, dictate my choices. I will correct that to include straight men or anyone other than myself. I live my life for myself and do not need to explain myself to your or anybody.

by Anonymousreply 597September 27, 2018 6:58 PM

NUMBER

by Anonymousreply 598September 27, 2018 6:58 PM

ONE FAN

by Anonymousreply 599September 27, 2018 6:59 PM

Pumpkin 💋

by Anonymousreply 600September 27, 2018 7:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!