Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 47)

Continued Discussion...

Give that man what he asking for

'Cause I feel like busting loose

It's getting hot in herre...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605August 25, 2018 4:36 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 23, 2018 3:53 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

Untreasonably Hot (The Mueller Investigation Part 46) (08/22/18)

by Anonymousreply 2August 23, 2018 3:53 AM

That was fast!

by Anonymousreply 3August 23, 2018 3:55 AM

It's always Untreasonably Hot in Hell. That's where Dotard Trump is headed for making a deal with Devilish Putin. How did he think it was all gonna end?

by Anonymousreply 4August 23, 2018 4:12 AM

OP, you missed the last thread in your list - A Plea for Treason, number 46! This is actually number 47.

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2018 4:36 AM

Thanks, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2018 4:41 AM

Continuing on from the last thread, I want more gossip on the insane holdout juror, but I am not willing to watch Fox, or add hits to their website. Anyone who fell on their sword wish to spill the goss?

by Anonymousreply 7August 23, 2018 4:57 AM

Someone has started a separate thread in that, r7

by Anonymousreply 8August 23, 2018 5:04 AM

For anyone linking to a Tweet, as has been done many times, click on the actual Tweet you want us to read, and then copy THAT webpage’s URL. Don’t just paste the link to the Twitter account that posted the Tweet you want us to read. This happened a few times in the last thread.

by Anonymousreply 9August 23, 2018 5:11 AM

This unraveling is so gratifying, it’s almost sinful.

by Anonymousreply 10August 23, 2018 5:13 AM

Trump wants to keep blaming Hillary and Obama. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 11August 23, 2018 5:17 AM

How much time will Manafort get?

by Anonymousreply 12August 23, 2018 5:21 AM

Does Manafort stay in jail now until the start of his next trial?

by Anonymousreply 13August 23, 2018 5:23 AM

He’ll be pardoned. Haven’t you being paying attention?

by Anonymousreply 14August 23, 2018 5:23 AM

With every subsequent unhinged Tweet from Piggy I can picture Hillary and Bill reading and laughing. Between cackles Hill probably sends a message to Obama--did you see this?

by Anonymousreply 15August 23, 2018 5:24 AM

bail was revoked by the judge in the second trial, starting next month, so the VA trial has no result vis a vis jail. he's in for the duration until the DC trial is concluded, unless Il Douche pre-emptively pardons him of all crimes

by Anonymousreply 16August 23, 2018 5:27 AM

They will all be pardoned except maybe one or two to teach a lesson. I also believe they will fire either Sessions, Rosenstien, Mueller or all 3.

They will either wait until after the election and do it during the holidays or they will just go ahead and do it before the sept trials.

The evangelical leaders are telling these people that the the above 3 are sinful heathens so they will be nice and brainwashed come the firings.

by Anonymousreply 17August 23, 2018 5:29 AM

R17, by evangelicals do you mean Russians? I believe they are the same at this point.

by Anonymousreply 18August 23, 2018 5:35 AM

trump's fake presidency is in shambles.

by Anonymousreply 19August 23, 2018 5:35 AM

Trump needs to go already. And soon.

by Anonymousreply 20August 23, 2018 5:41 AM

For anyone who was around and old enough to recall some details during the Nixon resignation, was there a lead up where everyone knew he was going to resign and it was announced and expected or was it just speculated about and then, boom, one day he was just gone?

by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2018 5:46 AM

you really don't have to have "been around" then R21. there's this thing called "history" which some curious people actually read.

"Even with support diminished by the continuing series of revelations, Nixon hoped to fight the charges. But one of the new tapes, recorded soon after the break-in, demonstrated that Nixon had been told of the White House connection to the Watergate burglaries soon after they took place, and had approved plans to thwart the investigation. In a statement accompanying the release of what became known as the "Smoking Gun Tape" on August 5, 1974, Nixon accepted blame for misleading the country about when he had been told of White House involvement, stating that he had had a lapse of memory.[223] Senate Minority Leader Hugh Scott, Senator Barry Goldwater, and House Minority Leader John Jacob Rhodes met with Nixon soon after. Rhodes told Nixon that he faced certain impeachment in the House. Scott and Goldwater told the president that he had, at most, only 15 votes in his favor in the Senate, far fewer than the 34 needed to avoid removal from office.[224]

In light of his loss of political support and the near-certainty that he would be impeached and removed, Nixon resigned the presidency on August 9, 1974,"

5 days after the "smoking gun" tape was revealed, he was gone. many similar parallels to now.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2018 5:54 AM

It's in Orangeasses best interest to resign NOW. Make a plea deal for a lesser charge and try to plea out his family. Offer the pleas in return for stopping the Mueller investigation from going forward.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2018 5:56 AM

Can the next thread be named "There is a Treason, Turn, Turn, Turn"?

by Anonymousreply 24August 23, 2018 6:06 AM

Trump crimes are too deep.

by Anonymousreply 25August 23, 2018 6:24 AM

R17, there are several reasons to believe that none of that will happen.

by Anonymousreply 26August 23, 2018 6:25 AM

I’m sure Mueller has stateside identical charges that can’t be pardoned.

by Anonymousreply 27August 23, 2018 6:25 AM

CNN takes no blame? They set-up these crass, silly debates and have these bimbo acting anchors that can't competently moderate them. Paris, Jeffrey Lord, and others, should have never been put on as regulars. It's not substance, just failed infotainment.

by Anonymousreply 28August 23, 2018 6:28 AM

CNN needs a new formula. Last place for 5 years straight.

by Anonymousreply 29August 23, 2018 6:34 AM

CNN would do better getting back to covering international news regularly. I like BBC, but my satellite provider doesn't offer it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 23, 2018 6:53 AM

I agree with R28, R29, and R30, but why on earth are we suddenly talking about CNN?

by Anonymousreply 31August 23, 2018 7:11 AM

28 29 and 30 are same person trying to shift the blame to one of Trumps favorite targets. Don't take the bait and ignore the deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 32August 23, 2018 7:34 AM

R23, the Whitewater investigation went on for another 2 - 3 years after Clinton was impeached by the House.

by Anonymousreply 33August 23, 2018 8:11 AM

Also, there isn’t just one (Mueller) investigation. There are so many crimes to investigate/prosecute, Mueller has farmed them out to other agencies. No goddamn way they can all be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2018 8:14 AM

Mueller has more than enough to indict Trump.

It is all about timing.

by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2018 8:16 AM

Lanny Davis, Michael Cohen's lawyer, recently published a book about the Russian interference in the 2016 election. It's fair to say he knows the case against Trump inside out, and because of his contacts has access to all sorts of other info.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2018 8:24 AM

r7 The juror who talked said the jury was full of Republicans and she herself thinks the whole Russia thing is a witch hunt. She believes they only went after Manafort to get at trump, but he was guilty and they couldn't ignore that. Except the lone holdout, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 23, 2018 8:42 AM

Asshole at R22, that just tells me what happened from the point of looking back at the facts. That is not what I asked. I wanted to know if the average citizen knew it was coming, not whether the politicians behind the scenes with all the details knew it was coming, which is what is reported in history books. Parallel to what's going on now, was everyone in the country talking to each other over the back fence about when that rat was going to finally resign and speculating about how long he could possibly last and what each new revelation meant or was it all less visible than it is today?

Now, if you're going to act like a pretentious shit, why don't you go find something a little more substantive and scholarly as a source than fucking wikipedia and kindly fuck off while you're doing it.

by Anonymousreply 38August 23, 2018 8:46 AM

[quote]The juror who talked said the jury was full of Republicans and she herself thinks the whole Russia thing is a witch hunt. She believes they only went after Manafort to get at trump, but he was guilty and they couldn't ignore that. Except the lone holdout, of course.

So, the whole thing is a "witch hunt", and "they only went after Manafort to get at Trump", but he WAS actually guilty? So then, it's not actually a "witch hunt" and they SHOULD have "gone after" Manafort because the fucker was guilty, you stupid bitch. JFC, these people!

by Anonymousreply 39August 23, 2018 9:13 AM

[quote] I also believe they will fire either Sessions, Rosenstien, Mueller or all 3.

What happens if Rump does this? I mean likely scenarios, not “there will be riots!” because that’s not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 40August 23, 2018 9:54 AM

[quote] For anyone who was around and old enough to recall some details during the Nixon resignation, was there a lead up where everyone knew he was going to resign and it was announced and expected or was it just speculated about and then, boom, one day he was just gone?

I was around and in college at the time. I was acutely aware of what was going on because I was a history/political science major and I hated Nixon with a passion. I followed Watergate very closely. I watched every day of those hearings, and then re-watched the edited versions on PBS each night with my Dad. I read every newspaper I could get my hands on. My senior history thesis a few years later was on Watergate.

A week or so before Nixon resigned I was visiting DC (we lived in NY), and I sat in the gallery of the House to watch for a while. It was fairly boring, and then all of a sudden there was a knock on the door of the House and the Sergeant at Arms announced, "Mr. Speaker, a message from the President of the United States." Everything stopped and you could hear a pin drop. Alas, it was not the announcement that everyone was expecting and a lot of us were hoping for. Instead, it was some routine piece of government business gussied up with a bit of formality.

So, I would say that the country was ready for Nixon to leave before he was able to pull the plug on his failed presidency. It wasn't unexpected because it had been building for quite a while and when it happened it was a relief. People were very much aware of what was going on because it dominated the news. Everyone knew that he would leave office in disgrace, it was just a question of when and to some extent how. I was hoping for the full impeachment and trial in the Senate, but was happy to settle for getting rid of the bastard.

by Anonymousreply 41August 23, 2018 9:55 AM

R32 you are not very bright. We were talking about Paris and discussing CNN format. Not all the same person. Now go flap your ass atop a flagpole. But DL won't pay for the forklift.

by Anonymousreply 42August 23, 2018 10:05 AM

[quote] I also believe they will fire either Sessions, Rosenstien, Mueller or all 3.

I don't see that happening. If he fires them before the election, he will guarantee that House and even the Senate will flip to the Dems. (As it stands, the Dems are going to pick up the House.) And, in January they would begin impeachment proceedings. Frankly, considering that he is for all practical purposes an unindicted coconspirator, he's going to be facing impeachment whether he fires Mueller, Rosenstein, and Sessions or not. It is just that firing them makes it much harder for the Senate Repukes to vote to acquit him.

Tuesday changed a lot. Yeah, Trump, Rudy, Sarah Huckabeast Sandbags, and the nitwits on Faux News may be in denial, but pretty much everyone else is catching on where this headed.

He's fucked. And, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bastard.

by Anonymousreply 43August 23, 2018 10:12 AM

Mika B. just relayed what a Trumptard told her after the Cohen guilty plea: Well, everybody does it, financial stuff. Mika told her, But this is the President of the U.S.? Trumptard said, Well, that makes him human.

There is no evidence in the world that will move the Trumptards. They will excuse everything and it doesn't matter to them one bit that today's excuses contradict yesterday's excuses. Their final answer is always, well, that makes him human. That's what they say to evidence of criminal acts. Well, everyone breaks the law and the potus is only human, so no biggie!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44August 23, 2018 10:29 AM

Cheeto just told Fox and Friends that "Flipping should be outlawed."

That's the chief law enforcement officer of the land saying that federal government prosecutors getting people with criminal exposure to testify for the prosecution should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 45August 23, 2018 10:32 AM

Deplorables don’t want to follow the rule of law. They want an “anything goes” government. In other words, they’re eager for a dictator to take over.

by Anonymousreply 46August 23, 2018 10:44 AM

Mika is such a lightweight, but one who doesn’t know that fact apparently. Even so, she managed to utter one of the better visual images this morning: she described Trump as this gasping fish, flopping on the dock. I absolutely love that image and think it is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 47August 23, 2018 10:55 AM

[quote]Mr. Trump repeatedly minimized the news, telling aides that the legal developments were not about him, but about Mr. Manafort and Mr. Cohen.

From the previous thread, but indicative of Trump's clinical powers of denial. How said aides responded without any hint of astonishment would have been a marvel to see. Practice, I suppose.

In any event, Trump still felt the need to tweet that Cohen was a bad lawyer. A lawyer he hired and retained for many years.

[quote]Cheeto just told Fox and Friends that "Flipping should be outlawed."

Indeed, it's reprehensible when a 'President' says one thing at a public summit to please a Russian dictator - then shamelessly tries to correct himself when safely back home, having provoked outrage. Such flipping might be seen to set a tone, and one of growing influence.

by Anonymousreply 48August 23, 2018 11:03 AM

If the Manafort jurors want to talk to the press, then their identities should be released. If they fear for their lives, then the judge should have instructed them not to talk to the press. I hate that they can say whatever they want now and stay unnamed.

by Anonymousreply 49August 23, 2018 11:14 AM

r44 It's like the press can't figure out Republicans are the biggest hypocrites on the face of the earth, they don't believe in anything they pretend to and they only believe in holding Democrats to any sort of standard. Instead we get article after article trying to figure these people out.

by Anonymousreply 50August 23, 2018 11:37 AM

Trump to Fox on impeachment: “I guess it says something like high crimes and all. I don’t know how you can impeach somebody who’s done a great job.”

More Trump on impeachment: “If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor. Because without this thinking [points to head] you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 23, 2018 11:46 AM

I agree, R49.

Reading R28,29 & 30 I was reminded of the shit show on CNN for almost the entire campaign season with very few exceptions. I found the legitimization of Bernie on MSNBC hard to take on some nights, but CNN was even worse. I wanted to physically hurt Jeffrey Lord. Ugh.

I was home recovering from surgery watching the Watergate hearings on TV when I was 15. I had a broken leg result of a car accident, (Car meets bike) and had a very long convalescence., so no summer for me. Anyway, I didn't get the sense Nixon would resign, although my father, who loved politics and was a good "Tea Leaves reader" said Nixon was a coward and he'd never go through with an impeachment trial. He was sure the hearings would lead to impeachment even though originally they were just investigating Watergate.

It's a blur to me now, but at some point the hearings seemed to go on and on. Dean's testimony was stunning. I remember that. I remember his wife Maureen with her bleach blonde hair pulled back in a tight bun. Sam Irvin with his garrulous theatrical personality, and I remember Howard Baker standing up shouting "What did the President know, and when did he know it??!?!" The court battles with Judge Sirica seemed endless. I just never thought it would end. I remember vividly the televised vote of the Judiciary committee late in the day, I think it was an evening session, when one by one each member voted on each article of impeachment. I seem to remember one or two Republicans actually crying. They were very sad but t hey voted yea.

I remember the tension and the speculation and the sense that Nixon had few options. The news media kept saying no President had ever resigned and they thought he would stay and fight. He came on TV at some point and said the American people had a right to know whether or not their President was a crook and he said he was not a crook. Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. Maybe he did that on another occasion. But I do remember seeing him on TV putting up a good front. I want the speculation about him resigning probably lasted no more than a week or two at most, before he actually resigned.

I remember when Goldwater and the others went to see him at the White House and told him he didn't have the votes, and he was going to have to resign for the good of the party. He had no support among Republicans. That was the significant part. Nixon's impeachment was definitely Bi Partisan. Goldwater, as I recall, spoke to reporters but I don't remember if he actually got specific, and told reporters that he told the President to resign.

by Anonymousreply 52August 23, 2018 11:48 AM

The Trump family has a whole 'nother shitstorm brewing with their fraudulent Charity. The New York DA has filed a lawsuit that will most likely go criminal. They're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 53August 23, 2018 11:58 AM

R52, here. it's a slippery slope to pressure a President to resign. At least it was then. That smacks of a coup. They had to be really careful. I remember reading afterward that they could only give the POTUS a status report on how it looked in Congress. They were telling him how many votes he had. How bad it looked, and the fact that yes, he was going to be impeached. Of course they may have talked about the nuts and bolts of a trial in the Senate, too.

They couldn't outright say, "You have to resign right now!" Only POTUS can make the decision. In terms of our traditions, our protocol, the Law, the whole notion of forcing a President out of office, it's a very slippery slope and back then those senators were very aware of the historical significance and the precedent they were setting. It went to the heart of the stability of our government and how our democracy functioned. It was extremely significant. Not taken lightly. When I look at the damned clowns and the stupidity of our Congress today, it is so discouraging to an old fart like me that they seem clueless about the position they hold and the responsibility they have.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2018 11:59 AM

The Trump Foundation investigation is going to be serious. it gets lost in all the Russia mess. I think it's safe to say that no matter what happens with Mueller, Trump and his kids are going to be investigated and charged with crimes and dealing with legal proceedings for the foreseeable future. At some point will any of his kids realize he should have never run for President? I must say looking at Manafort and Trump and even Cohen, the laxity with which we deal with white collar crimes is astonishing to me.

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2018 12:02 PM

[quote]There is no evidence in the world that will move the Trumptards.

That is literally true. I cannot think of anything that would dissuade Republicans from following him. That includes waging nuclear war, having concrete proof of having raped someone, proof that he made a woman get an abortion, or using ethnic slurs. I think that he could murder FLOTUS and they would find a way to justify it, and I’m serious.

by Anonymousreply 56August 23, 2018 12:10 PM

R52, I remember the Hearings from that summer, too. I was working as a 16-year-old at a summer job with some other '70s-era stoners at a nightclub. We had to clean that nasty place during the day. Most of us opted to watch the Watergate Hearings on TV instead, since the boss was rarely around, and that place was never going to lose its stale beer stench laminated over the years into the carpet.

How about: 48 Beyond a Treasonable Doubt?

by Anonymousreply 57August 23, 2018 12:28 PM

The US has to take a long and hard look at itself once this shit show is over.

The greedy media, the trash culture, the loss of ethics, how social media needs to be monitored, education standards, holding politicians accountable, lobbyism, gun culture ...

by Anonymousreply 58August 23, 2018 12:29 PM

... populism... bothsidesism...

by Anonymousreply 59August 23, 2018 12:31 PM

R58 is right. I blame a lot of what we face now on the deregulation of the FCC requirements for news gathering and broadcasting in general. The news being regarded as a profit center instead of a public service.

by Anonymousreply 60August 23, 2018 12:33 PM

Maybe so, R60, but "if it bleeds, it leads" goes waaaay back. It's always about sensationalism and sales. It's far worse now, I'll grant you that.

by Anonymousreply 61August 23, 2018 12:42 PM

I actually said this a few times on threads. A smart lawyer should start a class action suit against facebook and fox news for deliberately deceiving the public.

by Anonymousreply 62August 23, 2018 12:54 PM

Fox News was the beginning of the end of this country and nothing will change while it still exists. When half a population is brainwashed and under the control of propaganda a country simply cannot function.

by Anonymousreply 63August 23, 2018 12:57 PM

[quote] I cannot think of anything that would dissuade Republicans from following him.

And, the numbers remain essentially unchanged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 23, 2018 1:05 PM

CNN showed this clip: When asked about impeachment, Tre45onous Tramp responded in his recent Fux News interview, "I don't know, can you impeach someone who's done a GREAT job?!"

Oh my sides!

by Anonymousreply 65August 23, 2018 1:28 PM

About Watergate:

I was 12 in 1974. My best friend and I were working on a Citizenship Merit Badge in Boy Scouts. One of the requirements was “follow a current event.” I suggested “this Watergate thing” (clearly I was not savvy about politics). My friend (who WAS into it) said, “That’s going to go on forever. We want this badge before we’re 30, don’ we?!”

by Anonymousreply 66August 23, 2018 1:32 PM

Thank you OP!!! I continue to love you!

by Anonymousreply 67August 23, 2018 1:37 PM

R62 I don't think they can do that. Didn't whatever law they passed in the Reagan Era allow Fox to exist? They aren't news... they're "Entertainment and Opinion," so they get to get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 68August 23, 2018 1:38 PM

I believe Fox News FCC license is listed under entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2018 1:39 PM

Wow. Trump is deeply deluded, sad individual. The crazy is undeniable now.

by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2018 1:44 PM

I saw a Deplorable comment on someone's post:

"This all happened BEFORE he was RIGHTFULLY elected and don't mean SHIT. No Russia NO NOTHING. He fucked some sluts who cares. Nothing will happen. 4 more YEARS. MAGA. All Presidents lie. Clinton. Obama. ESPECIALLY HILLARY LYING CLINTON. Im LOYAL UNTIL THE END."

So yeah, there's no changing their minds.

by Anonymousreply 71August 23, 2018 1:46 PM

R66, did you then respond, “yes, and I can think of something else I want to get done before we’re 30...” whilst bending down and opening his zipper?

by Anonymousreply 72August 23, 2018 1:47 PM

R71 Deplorables really do think Hillary was President. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 73August 23, 2018 1:50 PM

Rick Wilson said in a Periscope last night that his own research in 2015-2016 identified at least 12 women that Trump had paid off ... and that there's probably significantly more. Here's hopting those payments also ran afoul of campaign finance laws.

by Anonymousreply 74August 23, 2018 1:56 PM

Dear God did he look fat in that Fox interview. Bulging out of his suit. He must be stress eating.

by Anonymousreply 75August 23, 2018 2:05 PM

Good article in this morning Wash Post about the National Enquirer and what they did for Trump. And yes it mentions that they sent stuff to Trump to see along the way. I bet there are more stories they buried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 23, 2018 2:14 PM

Trump has to pay for sex. Even Melania wasn’t free.

by Anonymousreply 77August 23, 2018 2:25 PM

r72, that ship had sailed...sadly, there wasn't a merit badge for it!

by Anonymousreply 78August 23, 2018 2:32 PM

[quote]Trump has to pay for sex.

When will you Liberal Commies stop lying and spreading fake news about my Daddy!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 23, 2018 2:33 PM

Nancy Pelosi is apparently now saying that impeachment is "not a priority" for the Democrats should they take back the House.

I told you...

by Anonymousreply 80August 23, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor.

So he's now conceding it's a real possibility, albeit in order to bring in a concomitant alarmist threat. And despite his now frankly disturbing over-repetition of 'No collusion!'

'If I ever got impeached' wouldn't have got close to his tragic mouth before this week. Wonder how his re-election campaign plans are coming along.

by Anonymousreply 81August 23, 2018 2:37 PM

[quote]If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash.

He's got that backwards -- if the market crashed, he'd be impeached.

by Anonymousreply 82August 23, 2018 2:40 PM

Trump looks like he’s scarfing down lots of Little Debbie’s and Olive Garden Endless Pasta. What a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 83August 23, 2018 2:47 PM

I think the market would be more stable under Pence since he will continue Trump’s policies without the crazy tweeting until 2020.

by Anonymousreply 84August 23, 2018 2:48 PM

This tweet gave me a chuckle this morning.

Brian J. Karem @BrianKarem: Trump rally supporter: "Get used to it. Trump for 8 years." Me: . . . I don't care. But I don't know. Depending on the judge and jury he might get more than that. 3:55 PM - 22 Aug 2018

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 23, 2018 2:49 PM

R81 More red meat for his base. What a simplistic fear mongering imbecile!

May his tiny shriveled puckered mouth blather on and on and continue to get him in even more overdue big fat trouble to the fullest extent of the law!

by Anonymousreply 86August 23, 2018 2:50 PM

R51, he didn’t say that he shouldn’t be impeached because he hadn’t done anything wrong? That’s quite an omission.

by Anonymousreply 87August 23, 2018 2:56 PM

Impeachment might not be the priority, but it's on the agenda....oh my yes indeed. The top priority? Blocking kavafucking naugh.

by Anonymousreply 88August 23, 2018 3:00 PM

On the one hand, I understand Nancy not wanting to get anyone's hopes up/trying not to alienate possible swing voters for House candidates. On the other hand, she's coming across as especially dithering.

by Anonymousreply 89August 23, 2018 3:04 PM

No, she's not a 'dithering' person and has never been perceived as such, R89. I see her as doing what is best, right now, for her country and her party in the face of a Constitutional crisis. I admire the damn hell out of her patience and planning. It will pay off.

by Anonymousreply 90August 23, 2018 3:13 PM

"It is all starting to be revealed — not pretty," Trump wrote."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 23, 2018 3:16 PM

Y'all are going to shit your pants when they start unsealing the thousands of indictments they have prepared against Deep State players this fall.

by Anonymousreply 92August 23, 2018 3:18 PM

Don't you have a youtube site to spray your spittle on, Alex/R92? Oh that's right, you don't. Too bad, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 93August 23, 2018 3:20 PM

Idiot. Those "thousands" of "sealed indictments" are not indictments at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 23, 2018 3:27 PM

Yes, R93, glad to see you admit the "Liberals" are now the party of Soviet-style censorship and de-platforming of people whose opinions they don't want to hear.

Blocking, banning, barring, and censoring are the only tools the Democrats have left. Meanwhile QAnon is teaching the rest of us to ask questions and come to our own conclusions.

We see who the wannabe Totalitarian Dictators are.

by Anonymousreply 95August 23, 2018 3:28 PM

R95 Get help.

by Anonymousreply 96August 23, 2018 3:36 PM

R95 thanks for that. I needed a laugh today!

by Anonymousreply 97August 23, 2018 3:37 PM

If r95 admits that he lubes himself up with hot sauce I think we know the real payment trolls receive.

by Anonymousreply 98August 23, 2018 3:38 PM

Wow he's really getting fatter! I can't stand to watch him or hear his fucking voice, but had to look at a still photo. Sitting with the praying hands on the toilet position. Pssst Fattie - it doesn't help. You still look FAT. FAT, FAT, FAT, FAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 23, 2018 3:40 PM

Yes, R95, but it weren't the liberals who did the deed, see? It was that globalist organization, Google, who is the real enemy of the erstwhile youtuber practicing free hate speech. You know who I mean, right? The organization that got the tax breaks and the net neutrality decision made by your crusading crud-slinging pussy grabber. Too bad, sooooo sad.

by Anonymousreply 100August 23, 2018 3:40 PM

The Mueller investigation is a house of cards built on a pack of lies from the phony Steele Dossier purchased by the Clinton campaign. Trump will be re-elected in 2020 by which time the Mainstream Media will be thoroughly discredited in the eyes of most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 101August 23, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote]It was that globalist organization, Google, who is the real enemy of the erstwhile youtuber practicing free hate speech.

If you believe in Free Speech, you are willing to tolerate "Hate Speech." Only freedom-haters support censoring opinions they disagree with. Google couldn't belong more to the Democratic Party if it tried. The Dems are the America-hating globalists.

by Anonymousreply 102August 23, 2018 3:47 PM

R101 Are you still here, troll? Let's get through the midterms first before you jump to your fantasy second term.

by Anonymousreply 103August 23, 2018 3:47 PM

R102 Hate speech is not included in free speech. You can have your hate speech when you start your race war.

by Anonymousreply 104August 23, 2018 3:48 PM

R103, the booming economy will spell good news for Trump and the Republicans come November.

The Democrats like Bill Maher who are openly calling for economic collapse in the vain hope that financial hardship for the working class will win them votes are baring their spiteful, America-hating asses for the world to see.

by Anonymousreply 105August 23, 2018 3:52 PM

[quote]Hate speech is not included in free speech.

Yes, it is. Jews in the USA openly say and write hateful things about Palestinians all the time. Would you deprive them of that freedom?

by Anonymousreply 106August 23, 2018 3:53 PM

Ignore the troll. He’ll be back at work in the potato fields of Omsk in no time.

by Anonymousreply 107August 23, 2018 3:56 PM

R84 Thanks you for posting. I love Brian Karem. He's one of the few reporters who actually stood up to Sarah Sanders. He occasionally appears on CNN and he's also a riot. Almost as good as Rick Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 108August 23, 2018 4:03 PM

^^^Sorry, R85 , and "Thank" (no 's')

by Anonymousreply 109August 23, 2018 4:04 PM

One of my non sexual fantasies involves Trump, Pence, McConnell, Bannon and Sarah tied up with rope in a swamp. Then I’d cut one of them and wait for the alligators to come.

by Anonymousreply 110August 23, 2018 4:07 PM

so whats Huckabeast been spinning now?

by Anonymousreply 111August 23, 2018 4:10 PM

Thank you R493.

by Anonymousreply 112August 23, 2018 4:12 PM

i can't wait to see what r493 ends up writing, r112!

by Anonymousreply 113August 23, 2018 4:19 PM

R99 They will have to make his height 6’8” at his next physical to keep his BMI under 30.

by Anonymousreply 114August 23, 2018 4:24 PM

So what exactly are the charges Manafort is facing in the September trial? Do they have anything to do with Russia or Ukraine?

by Anonymousreply 115August 23, 2018 4:24 PM

Yes, R115, apparently Manafort trial #2 focuses on Russia/Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 116August 23, 2018 4:46 PM

Breaking on CNN: David Pecker was granted immunity. It's not on CNN's website yet and the WSJ article they're citing is behind a paywall, so Vanity Fair is the best I can do.

[quote]And now Trump’s most powerful media ally next to Fox News has broken with him. According to two sources briefed on the Cohen investigation, prosecutors granted immunity to David Pecker, chairman of The National Enquirer publisher American Media Inc., and A.M.I.’s chief content officer, Dylan Howard, so they would describe Trump’s involvement in Cohen’s payments to porn star Stormy Daniels and Playboy Playmate Karen McDougal during the 2016 campaign. The Wall Street Journal first reported Pecker’s cooperation on Wednesday night. (Pecker and Howard did not respond to multiple requests for comment. A spokesperson for the Southern District of New York declined to comment.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 23, 2018 4:55 PM

Ha this tread title was once again perfect, OP!

It's getting HOT IN HERE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 118August 23, 2018 5:02 PM

This is starting to feel like a Vraylar commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 23, 2018 5:04 PM

God knows what else Pecker knows that they will want him to spill. You know there were other stories! This is getting good. And this one must really piss Trump off bigtime! I bet he is sputtering and f word this, f word that. White House staff is all hiding under their desks.

by Anonymousreply 120August 23, 2018 5:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 23, 2018 5:08 PM

So all those jokes about Stormy Daniels bringing down Trump weren’t really jokes after all.

by Anonymousreply 122August 23, 2018 5:12 PM

R115:

[quote] In the District of Columbia, Manafort is scheduled to go on trial in September on charges including conspiracy to defraud the United States, failing to register as a foreign agent, money laundering, witness tampering and making false statements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 23, 2018 5:31 PM

Miss Lindzey has been all before the cameras today in the hallways on The Hill. She's alledgedly to be dropping possible actions by Trump and garner the sentiments from colleagues. One is on the prospect of Trump firing Jeff Sessions. Then she speaks about deal breakers that would go against Trump. The cable media keeps quoting her.

Borrowing words from Junior Mint, she's "loving it"!

by Anonymousreply 124August 23, 2018 5:36 PM

The base will get more and more riled-up as the evidence piles up. 90% of them will vote in November, vs. a semi-ignorant remainder of the population, most of whom won't bother to vote. Fucking hell.

I ride in shared Lyft rides, and neither drivers nor passengers know anything about what's going on. People are so hugely fucking ignorant and uninformed. They don't know enough to care, and don't want to bother. It's awful.

by Anonymousreply 125August 23, 2018 5:36 PM

This latest Pecker turn is just too fucking delicious.

I hope that there were abortions and all kinds of fuckery. I want it to be nasty and dark and humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 126August 23, 2018 5:36 PM

Thanks, r116 and r123. Money laundering! Love it!

by Anonymousreply 127August 23, 2018 5:38 PM

If this was a meal, I'd be stuffed! Pecker, Manafort, Cohen....what Cohen's lawyer said, all of this. Delicious! And am I the only one shaking? I've been explaining to people what is going on, calmly and slowly, and it's quite simple what I say to the those who don't know:

Me: Have you heard the news?

Them: No, what?

Me: Trump's lawyer has turned for the feds and is telling everyone that he has the proof Trump knew the election was hacked by the Russians and was in on it!

Them: No?! are you kidding?

Me: Oh yes, you need to go to Maddow, MSNBC, Truth Dig, etc., and read all about it.

It would be comical, but I do it because people need to fucking know. Either I get caught up in my own bullshit and get preachy, or I do the right thing and just air it out there.

Our President is a traitor. He's guilty of treason. Holy Fucking hell. Call me a Mary all you want, I'm fucking crying with rage and sadness after that statement on Maddow's show. We knew it. We all knew it. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 128August 23, 2018 5:45 PM

R128, what statement on Maddow?

I'm worried that Cohen has no credibility nor concrete evidence that Trump himself colluded. I also keep hearing that he's not cooperating, and even if he did, he doesn't have that info re collusion.

I also fear the pardons he could use to neutralize threats to him.

by Anonymousreply 129August 23, 2018 5:49 PM

trump is going to fire Sessions and Grassley and Lindsey are all in. It would be so nice if a reporter somewhere dug into those two guys to and tried to uncover why they are so desperate to cover up treason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 23, 2018 5:50 PM

You sound like a concern troll, R129.

by Anonymousreply 131August 23, 2018 5:50 PM

I actually love how some deplorables are spinning out of control. And the lies they have to spin to make sense out of the facts playing out...it IS delicious. The stress will turn to anger and rage and they'll dig in even harder. The rest of the country needs to see that cult behavior in HD living color.

I particularly love how shutting down lies and propaganda (InfoWars and the Russian FB pages) in their minds equal silencing free speech or attacking their party. How much of that is ignorance is real, and how much of it is theater to avoid admitting they're a bunch of dumbasses with no moral compass?

Hats off to the juror who admitted to being a deplorable yet still voted to convict Manafort. No self awareness at all, however, that the person she supported and voted for appears to be HEAVILY involved in criminal activity. I'd bet next month's salary that she'd vote for him again in 2020. No. Moral. Compass.

by Anonymousreply 132August 23, 2018 5:52 PM

R129, you didn't watch Maddow, or see the tweets by Cohen's lawyer, troll, and this is no surprise. They're turning on him, his own people, and it's carnage....absolute carnage. I wouldn't watch if I were you, either. Poor babushka!

by Anonymousreply 133August 23, 2018 5:57 PM

R131, I'm a pessimistic and anxious person. Neurotic personality, depressive. Sorry if that makes me sound like a troll. Others have the same concerns. I'm just inclined to collect all of them carry them with me.

by Anonymousreply 134August 23, 2018 5:59 PM

R133, WTF? I was just asking where I could see what Maddow was talking about, since no one pointed it out specifically. Jeeze.

Some of you are slightly cultlike in your belief in the inevitability of impeachment and removal or resignation. Come on, look at all the angles - by knowing what could go wrong, you can address those weak points; who knows what some random person here could come up with that could spread on the internet and lead to the Mueller team following that lead and finding something huge.

by Anonymousreply 135August 23, 2018 6:01 PM

From today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 23, 2018 6:03 PM

Pecker will be backing up much of Cohen's claims. I think it's because they have Pecker that they aren't bending over backwards to get Cohen.

But this has been the best 48 hours since Trump was elected. Mueller and Feds are really building their case!

by Anonymousreply 137August 23, 2018 6:03 PM

Ok, so this is encouraging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Then don't come here and ask stupid questions, R134, showing how you didn't watch the show or see the commentary on it, or anything else for that matter, and then go ahead and dare to extrapolate upon what you clearly don't know anything about, and then reach a conclusion that has no meaning and is the exact opposite of anything that is happening and has happened.

Pay attention, troll, and learn a few things. Mr. Trump has done a lot more than this, which, btw, is the SOMETHING HUGE, that should have warranted impeachment quite a long time ago. He's a criminal and you're a fool if you think anyone is falling for your 'jeez willerkers' act. Anyone paying attention, and you clearly haven't, would know this. You are an ass and need to come up with a new act other than the continual recycling of your neurotic concerns. People who are concerned take the time to read these threads and learn. I can see and smell your shit over the web waves, asshole, so don't play coy with me.

by Anonymousreply 139August 23, 2018 6:05 PM

So do we think Jared is going to be next?

by Anonymousreply 140August 23, 2018 6:08 PM

or Junior

by Anonymousreply 141August 23, 2018 6:09 PM

I'm the biggest pessimist on the planet, but any day a Republican President starts his morning by going on television to talk about why he shouldn't be impeached is a really good fucking day.

by Anonymousreply 142August 23, 2018 6:11 PM

R141 Perhaps Jared and Junior will walk into the federal building holding hands. Eric will be wagging his tail behind them.

by Anonymousreply 143August 23, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote]f word this, f word that

Start using the word "fuck" asshole or I'm gonna raise you to a buck seventy-five

by Anonymousreply 144August 23, 2018 6:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145August 23, 2018 6:14 PM

Nobody will take a bullet for Trump, he’s not Teflon-Don, and he’s not invincible. Everybody will sell him out before going to jail, Ivanka and Jared included.

And even if Mueller can’t put Trump behind bars, the NY state AG can. Trump will have a hard time once he’s impeached. He might just jump out of a WH window soon, because there’s no way out for him.

Checkmate, pal.

by Anonymousreply 146August 23, 2018 6:14 PM

Reality Winner deserves a Medal of Honor, not jail time.

by Anonymousreply 147August 23, 2018 6:15 PM

R139, I think you're unwell. Not that you're wrong, but that you're having trouble regulating your tone and possibly emotions.

by Anonymousreply 148August 23, 2018 6:19 PM

Another Enquirer guy is also cooperating, and he liked to tape things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 23, 2018 6:22 PM

Encouraging. Trump keeps saying "Where's the collusion?" but doesn't realize that he could go down on the felony angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150August 23, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote] In this article, I’m going to take the opposite approach. I’ll assume none of that speculation is true. I’ll stick to the public record. I’ll set aside the question of collusion as most people understand it—a conspiracy during the election—and I won’t postulate any hidden motives. I’ll present the minimum we know about Trump and Russia. The minimum is enough to merit impeachment: Trump is working with Putin to protect Russia and cripple the United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 23, 2018 6:23 PM

In exchange for immunity, Mr. Pecker, CEO of American Media, Inc. and a longtime friend of Mr. Trump, has met with prosecutors and shared details about payments Mr. Cohen arranged in an effort to silence two women who alleged sexual encounters with Mr. Trump, including Mr. Trump’s knowledge of the deals, some of the people said.

Prosecutors in the Cohen investigation have indicated they won’t proceed with criminal charges against either Mr. Pecker or Dylan Howard, chief content officer of American Media, for their participation in the deals, according to people familiar with the matter.

by Anonymousreply 152August 23, 2018 6:25 PM

According to Kaitlyn Collins - Jess Sessions just arrived at the White House! Do you think Trump is going to fire him?

by Anonymousreply 153August 23, 2018 6:26 PM

***Jeff Sessions

by Anonymousreply 154August 23, 2018 6:27 PM

It's supposedly a meeting that was already scheduled, but some Republican on TV was speculating Graham and Grassley are saying trump can fire Sessions after midterms to keep him from firing Sessions today. An interesting theory, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 155August 23, 2018 6:33 PM

For the love of god , we have to make it to 01.03.2019...

by Anonymousreply 156August 23, 2018 6:51 PM

Fire Sessions?

Keep digging, Mr. "President"

by Anonymousreply 157August 23, 2018 6:54 PM

R155, I think the theory is that if Trump fires Sessions now the ensuing madhouse atmosphere will undermine the Kavanaugh confirmation.

by Anonymousreply 158August 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Can you imagine the effect if Trump were to fire Sessions and ultimately Mueller? Public opinion would crystallize against him even harder than it's doing now. Does he think stifling the investigation would win him any new loyalists, rather than just turning off more soft supporters and hardening his opponents?

Not to mention that everything now under wraps would spill out from a hundred leaks, and states' attorneys general would ramp up their own investigations.

by Anonymousreply 159August 23, 2018 7:05 PM

Sooo.....who paid off Kavanaugh's debt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160August 23, 2018 7:06 PM

r160, wasn't it implied that it was Justice Kennedy's son, the Deutsche Banker, Justin?

by Anonymousreply 161August 23, 2018 7:18 PM

wow, so he's gonna fire sessions after midterms? sorry if it's been posted, i didn't read the whole thread. I read it on twitter...he got approval from key republicunts.

by Anonymousreply 162August 23, 2018 7:21 PM

He could fire Sessions, but his replacement would have to be confirmed by the Senate, then would have to agree to fire Rod Rosenstein—and then Rosenstein's replacement would need to fire Mueller, and then Mueller would challenge it in court, and somewhere in there is impeachment.

via twitter of Seth Abramson

by Anonymousreply 163August 23, 2018 7:23 PM

The problem with that is that Trump doesn't give a fuck about long-term things. If he thinks firing Sessions serves him now in some manner ("look over there!" distraction) he will do i t. He will most certainly do it the moment Mueller does go after his close family members (Ivanka, his sons, maybe Jared).

by Anonymousreply 164August 23, 2018 7:33 PM

So.... How does Dotard saying if he would have known Sessions would recuse himself on the Mueller case he would never have put him in look like anything BUT obstruction and guilt?

by Anonymousreply 165August 23, 2018 7:35 PM

R163 is that accurate? If Rosenstein is fired and there's no one in that position can't the Attorney General just fire Mueller?

by Anonymousreply 166August 23, 2018 7:37 PM

I don't understand how people who turned against Mueller (apart from cult members) don't see what this tableau has looked like all these months: a ranting, raving, bullying, slandering Trump vs. this quiet team that's working hard and quietly, taking the abuse, issuing no statements other than indictments that lead to convictions?

How are the latter not the heroes?

by Anonymousreply 167August 23, 2018 7:38 PM

Deplorables keep parroting Trump & Fox - “booming economy, lowest unemployment in years, nobody cares about Russia because it’s a hoax, the FBI is corrupt and overreaching; they need to be taught a lesson.”

They’ll never stop. When Trump is gone, they will want buildings and airports named after him. “He was a fine man brought down by commies, pinkos, homos and socialists.” I grew up hearing my mother defending Joseph McCarthy. “He was a patriot, the commie democrats brought him down.”

We just have to accept that roughly 1/3 of Americans are fucking morons and that’s not going to change. How many times do I have to see deplorables declaring Trump is “a good man”? What’s good about him? He lies every time he speaks, he’s a serial cheater, he’s a lousy businessman with mafia ties, he uses his “charity” to pay his porn Star bills, he behaves like an overtired two year old, he’s a racist, he’s misogynist, his own wife can’t stand him, he cheats on his taxes....

So they go, “Well all rich people in business do that, so it’s ok.”

by Anonymousreply 168August 23, 2018 7:47 PM

R165, he's a master of self deception. He contradicts himself, regularly, in the same sentence and in the same breath.

by Anonymousreply 169August 23, 2018 7:48 PM

From the break in to the day Nixon left office was approximately two years.

There aren't a lot of schools, roads, airports, etc., named after the disgraced Mr. Nixon. There won't be any for Orangina either.

by Anonymousreply 170August 23, 2018 7:52 PM

So supposedly Trump has sought advice for a Manafort pardon.... I'm hearing it in my trading platform chatroom.

by Anonymousreply 171August 23, 2018 7:54 PM

You can't reason with the Deplorables, because they will dismiss everything as FAKE NEWS and part of a Deep State conspiracy against Trump. And that's what Trump's co-conspiritors, and by now I consider Lindsey as a co-conspiritor, do. They play to their Deplorable base and expect that the media establishes an image that Trump's support is still so big that it's at least 40 to 50% if not more.

The only good thing I hope comes out of this is that every non-Trump supporter votes and makes damn sure that his or her vote, and disapproval of Trump, counts.

by Anonymousreply 172August 23, 2018 7:54 PM

I mentioned it a couple of threads ago, but my MAGA colleagues are pretty silent these days. They are no longer willing to mingle and talk about how great Donald Trump is and how we are all brainwashed by Liberal lamestream media. Now it's all "this isn't an appropiate topic for a workplace" now that Trump is losing his co-conspiritors one by one. Assholes. They know they have been used and manipulated, but can't face the humilation of admitting it.

by Anonymousreply 173August 23, 2018 8:00 PM

We sort of touched on this in the other thread but I found this interesting. I was listening to my local radio station this afternoon and I noticed that when giving the updates about Sessions, etc. they kept referring to Dotard as, Mr. Drumpf... they didn't refer to him as the illegitimate title he stole like they normally do.

I don't recall them ever doing this with Obama or Bush.

by Anonymousreply 174August 23, 2018 8:02 PM

They'll turn on him, R173, give it time and a few more convictions in the courts.

by Anonymousreply 175August 23, 2018 8:03 PM

I'm not happy with the local supporters of this bullshit, but I'm not going to make them eat crow, either, as they watch the lies, deceit and traitorous truth come to light. I won't feel sorry, but I wouldn't goad them, either. We have to all heal from this shit, and theirs dreams of making me eat crow will be dead.

I'll serve them some nothingburgers with a side of salt.

by Anonymousreply 176August 23, 2018 8:05 PM

Orange is the new Nixon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 23, 2018 8:06 PM

R168, I guess none of the Deplorables has gone for their annual medical check up recently? I'm talking about the Medicare demographic. I took my mother this morning, and boy have things changed. Prescription drug coverage and the kinds of things that were routine part now you have to ask for and they charge you when they weren't charging under Obama. Fuck Trump. They wanted to charge Ma for a shingles shot: $200. Want an EKG? Justify it. Want a Mammogram? Justify it.

by Anonymousreply 178August 23, 2018 8:07 PM

I'd go with prussic acid, r176, but sodium works!

by Anonymousreply 179August 23, 2018 8:08 PM

Can I just say? I love Jake Tapper but he always has this annoying woman, African American, very very short Afro, glasses and I Cannot. Stand. Her. So I wait. I turn on MSNBC. But at 5 PM, Chuck Todd is on. I Cannot. Stand. Him. So I turn tio Wolf (I know.) Blitzer and CNN. oh, good. Jeffrey Toobin. Manu Raju. but then here comes Chris Cilizza. I Cannot. Stand Him.

by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2018 8:14 PM

Ughh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2018 8:15 PM

And so why is this posted here, R181? What the fuck do we care what a bunch of rubes conned by a Yorker believe about their golden calf? This bs has been debated by panels of psychiatrists and media types since we heard of this pecker. No one cares anymore about those too lost to reason to see it

by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2018 8:27 PM

And this is why assholes in flyover land, bible thumpers, Deplorables, Neo Nazis and other assorted miscreants shouldn't be allowed to vote.

A similar poll when Dubya was running said most Americans would prefer to have a beer with GWB than Gore.

It's not a fucking Miss America pageant, you dolts. Its the Presidency of the United States you're voting for.

by Anonymousreply 183August 23, 2018 8:33 PM

r180 At least we've been saved from Paris Dennard.

by Anonymousreply 184August 23, 2018 8:41 PM

Cohen now says he does NOT know if Trump knew about Trump Tower meeting in advance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 23, 2018 8:44 PM

So Paris is really straight? Exposing his junk to female at Arizona State?

Thought purses were dropping from his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 186August 23, 2018 8:46 PM

R176 is right. Crowing about it may cause people who would otherwise peel away from the cult to double down instead.

by Anonymousreply 187August 23, 2018 8:50 PM

r186 This reporter says our gaydar is fine and then also has a bunch of screenshots some hilarious Paris tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 23, 2018 8:51 PM

Stages of Grief

DENIAL

ANGER -------------------------Trump about here now

BARGAINING

DEPRESSION

ACCEPTANCE

by Anonymousreply 189August 23, 2018 8:55 PM

I suspect a lot of people are telling Trump, "after the midterms"

by Anonymousreply 190August 23, 2018 9:02 PM

Like Trump ever listens and does what he's being told. You know he will screw over the GOP for not supporting him more and practically pay his military parade out of their own pockets.

by Anonymousreply 191August 23, 2018 9:04 PM

Jeff Sessions is trending on twitter. He has responded ---

Sessions: “While I am Attorney General, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations.”

by Anonymousreply 192August 23, 2018 9:10 PM

I forget if I asked this question -- it's for the eldergays. What was the election year of 1974 like? Were there Republican candidates who clung closely to Nixon, then had to dramatically change course in the last few months? What about 1998, with Democrats and Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 193August 23, 2018 9:11 PM

R193 Dan Rather was interviewed on Don Lemon discussing this very topic. Perhaps you could do a search.

by Anonymousreply 194August 23, 2018 9:15 PM

I worry about why the Republicans are confident about midterms!

by Anonymousreply 195August 23, 2018 9:20 PM

R193 Nixon was reelected in 1972, resigned in 1974, Gerald Ford, Nixon's VP, completed Nixon's term, and Carter defeated Gerald Ford in 1976.

Although a lifelong Democrat the acrimony along party lines was nothing then like it is now. I was OK with Gerald Ford, he was benign. I did not like Nixon. We had just lived through the Viet Nam years and the culture was in upheaval. Ford, followed by Carter, were a peaceful respite. I always figured that Republicans had something to do with the Iran hostages that were released just after Reagan's election, thus marring Carter's legacy and costing him a second term. I did not like Reagan's policies. He closed state mental hospitals where I live and sent thousands of mentally ill people out onto the streets. Many lived in halfway houses but left those for the streets, too. Much of our homeless problems can be tied to that act.

by Anonymousreply 196August 23, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]Sessions: “While I am Attorney General, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations.”

Did he grow a tiny, elfin spine? I'm not going to give him the grudging respect that I eventually gave John Ashcroft when it came out that he'd risen from the bed where he was recovering from an appendectomy to tell John Yoo that he would in no way, shape or form sign off on allowing torture, but it's at least encouraging.

[quote]I worry about why the Republicans are confident about midterms!

If they're so confident, why did so many of them retire?

by Anonymousreply 197August 23, 2018 9:24 PM

gee...you know with all this shit hitting the fan...I wonder if they will try to distract the public with incidents...yes, I know, I should take off my tin hat!

by Anonymousreply 198August 23, 2018 9:29 PM

R195, even dumbass Republican plant Devin Nunes is not confident about the midterms, as he revealed in that recent tape recorded speech to donors.

by Anonymousreply 199August 23, 2018 9:32 PM

R193 There was no election in 1998, Clinton first won in 1992 against Bush I and again in 1996, against Bob Dole. The country was not so divided at that time. I heard the rumors about Clinton's womanizing in 1992 but wasn't be sure they were true. It gave me some concern but because I am pro-choice and support liberal causes I could not support a Republican candidate. I had no objection to Dole, he seemed like a good public servant, just didn't agree with his views. Bush 1 also seemed pretty benign except for his connections to weapons manufacturers and big business. He was not a right wing religious fanatic and I've read the Bushes were pro-choice.

I thought Clinton should have resigned rather than stick around while we suffered through that stupid and lurid impeachment trial. Then Gore would have been president and possibly get more votes in the 2000 election thus sparing the miseries (except for President Obama) that followed. 9/11 might still have happened but the Democrats would have handled it better.

by Anonymousreply 200August 23, 2018 9:33 PM

Sorry, I meant “Russian,” not Republican . . . But wait, there’s no difference . . .

by Anonymousreply 201August 23, 2018 9:34 PM

Absurd. He's worth $20 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202August 23, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]Sorry, I meant “Russian,” not Republican . . . But wait, there’s no difference . . .

RNC: Russian National Committee.

by Anonymousreply 203August 23, 2018 9:36 PM

Embarrassing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 23, 2018 9:39 PM

Perhaps we should start referring to Republicans as Rushins' as in "rushin to oblivion."

by Anonymousreply 205August 23, 2018 9:39 PM

OMG, grammar police alert! I inserted an unnecessary apostrophe above! I beg your forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 206August 23, 2018 9:41 PM

Oh, I meant punctuation police. Kill me now.

by Anonymousreply 207August 23, 2018 9:42 PM

They are around, R207. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

by Anonymousreply 208August 23, 2018 9:43 PM

R205, I prefer the word 'traitors.'

by Anonymousreply 209August 23, 2018 9:46 PM

To veer back on topic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 23, 2018 9:49 PM

Some people don't want to think for themselves and feel more comfortable having other people do it for them. His supporters are always gonna love him. He gets impeached and they will howl about how great he could have made America if only. Let him continue being president and they will whinge about how the lousy democrats or his own party traitors destroyed him. I hope he does get impeached though and very soon. I cannot wait. I have come champagne on ice for the moment :)

by Anonymousreply 211August 23, 2018 9:50 PM

I’d love some cum champagne!

by Anonymousreply 212August 23, 2018 9:51 PM

later, Don

by Anonymousreply 213August 23, 2018 9:55 PM

David "Tiny" Pecker flipped on Trump. Maybe there is a God after all.

by Anonymousreply 214August 23, 2018 10:23 PM

r173, Thanks for posting that little tidbit of reality.

It does me good.

They know he's well and truly fucked. I would just smile smugly at them. They're about to get kicked in the teeth by The Truth and Justice.

by Anonymousreply 215August 23, 2018 10:46 PM

guys, I walk by Trump Tower all the time as I work close by and it is always packed with tourists taking pics etc. The NYPD likes to post young, hot looking guys on look out duty there. They are probably rookies but they are many cute and hot looking cops there. Unfortunately, they probably all love Trump!

by Anonymousreply 216August 23, 2018 10:50 PM

I just want to see the name of Trump Tower changed. Obama Or Clinton Place has a nice ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 217August 23, 2018 10:59 PM

The feds already have Cohen plea regarding payments. They don’t need Pecker. Pecker must know a lot more about corruption to be granted immunity.

by Anonymousreply 218August 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Can we call the hotels Hill-tons, r217?

by Anonymousreply 219August 23, 2018 11:07 PM

The Republicans, at this point, have shown such cowardice and emptiness that I wonder, do you think they would even act if Trump fires Sessions and then Mueller is messed with by his successor?

Once that seemed to be a line that couldn't be crossed. Now I think they'd do nothing.

They are terrible people who have abdicated any kind of decency or honour.

by Anonymousreply 220August 23, 2018 11:08 PM

Ha ha...Omarosa is on repeat of Say Yes to the Dress and touting her business savvy.

by Anonymousreply 221August 23, 2018 11:08 PM

Remember the Israeli firm Black Cube spying on former Obama admin officials? Here's more to that story.

I hope this isn't Mitch and Elaine.....

[quote] A source familiar with the operation has maintained that the investigation of Rhodes and Kahl was part of Black Cube’s work for a private-sector client in the shipping industry, pursuing commercial interests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222August 23, 2018 11:09 PM

If the GOP lose big in Nov., they’ll have no use for Trump. Then impeachment is possible to rid of his stench for 2020.

by Anonymousreply 223August 23, 2018 11:10 PM

We need another Omarosa tape.

by Anonymousreply 224August 23, 2018 11:14 PM

Omarosa was marrying a preaches.

by Anonymousreply 225August 23, 2018 11:15 PM

Someone sagely noted Omarosa only trolls him when she can dominate the news cycle, so she's presumably biding her time. And God bless her... on the occasional slow news day she's fresh trouble.

by Anonymousreply 226August 23, 2018 11:19 PM

r218 The prosecutors used Pecker to flip Cohen. The prosecutors know how to follow the money. That is why Trump is going berserk. He can feel the walls closing in on him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 23, 2018 11:22 PM

I've sifted through so much news stuff the past few days I can't remember where this was from... Rachel maybe? But someone was talking about Mueller and saying he basically gave 50 people a piece in every direction a corner of a parachute and told them to walk... so it's all gonna close in on Dotard because his crimes are going to come from every direction.

by Anonymousreply 228August 23, 2018 11:29 PM

Miss Lindzey favors dumping Sessions after the election. Well, we can safely assume Jeff was not a gentleman caller.

by Anonymousreply 229August 23, 2018 11:41 PM

R229 I'm pretty sure they probably compete for the same callers.

by Anonymousreply 230August 23, 2018 11:42 PM

Oh my god, I was sagely!

No way she can beat all the Cohen/Manafort news and now with the National Enquirer scumbag in the mix it's hard out there for a working girl. That said I'm still happy with what she's doing. The more pressure we put on El Scummo of Orange the better. I ponder the condition of his arteries in a decidedly morbid way.

by Anonymousreply 231August 23, 2018 11:46 PM

Two belles; one ball. It was bound to end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 232August 23, 2018 11:46 PM

Miz L looked so frazzled in that interview today. Dear God, who’s holding what over her head? It can’t just be that he’s gay. He could survive that. What in hell could it be?

by Anonymousreply 233August 23, 2018 11:48 PM

Under age? Actual footage of a sex act? Money from Russia? I'm dying to know, r233.

by Anonymousreply 234August 23, 2018 11:52 PM

r233 The Russians also hacked the RNC and who knows what else. They know the Repugs are as corrupt and dirty as any group ever in our history. The piles of shit they have on them must be enormous judging by the way they have let their country down. They never loved our country. These are demons. Doing unGodly things while using God to rope people in is the very definition of evil and doing the devil's work (if you believe all that).

by Anonymousreply 235August 23, 2018 11:53 PM

[quote]These are demons. Doing unGodly things while using God to rope people in is the very definition of evil and doing the devil's work (if you believe all that).

And we'll never stop voting for them!

by Anonymousreply 236August 23, 2018 11:56 PM

R235 I also believe that and have been saying it since day one. They released the Dem emails because they were boring. The Repug emails however, those were juicy! They were saved for blackmail purposes. Kompromat.

We're now seeing the results!!

by Anonymousreply 237August 23, 2018 11:58 PM

No, Miz Lindz most certainly would not survive being outed by Putin or anybody else. He's from one of the Carolinas and either of them would kick him out for being gay, pronto. If you mean could he build a career as a lobbyist or something after the Senate? Yes. But he'd lose his Senate seat for sure.

Old gay white men don't exist for Carolina Republicans, come on now.

by Anonymousreply 238August 24, 2018 12:00 AM

R234 probably photos/videos of the Senatrice being Spit Roasted by some Black or Muslim cock!

by Anonymousreply 239August 24, 2018 12:02 AM

R222, Black Cube worked for Harvey Weinstein, too. They sound like lovely people.

by Anonymousreply 240August 24, 2018 12:06 AM

Maybe they found Miss Lindz's porn collection.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 24, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote]do you think they would even act if Trump fires Sessions and then Mueller is messed with by his successor?

Actually two key senators have just indicated they are ok with trump firing sessions and hiring someone who’ll can Mueller — Miss Lindsey as already mentioned, and Chuck Grassley. And while it seems their preference is for him to do it after the midterms, they didn’t rule out his doing it now.

by Anonymousreply 242August 24, 2018 12:15 AM

Did you see that asshole woman juror on Fox? She didn’t want Manafort to be guilty, but had to convict him because he was. Then she called the whole Russia thing “shenanigans” and a witch hunt & said poor Manafort would’ve gotten away with everything had he not got involved with Trump & getting the media to go after him or some such crap.

by Anonymousreply 243August 24, 2018 12:23 AM

A lot of people in South Carolina are disgusted with Graham. His campaign money is immense. The Kochs, Lockheed-Martin, GE, Dupont, all the other major contractors in the military industrial complex, the NRA, AIPAC, developers, etc. contribute plenty. His constituent services are piss poor. Shame he keeps stuffing his pockets and does nothing for South Carolina which ranks low in education, road conditions, access to health care, etc. He's too busy kissing Trump butt, and thus Putin's butt, and prissing before cable news shows, mostly Fox.

by Anonymousreply 244August 24, 2018 12:33 AM

Twitter was not having Miss Lindsey & Grassley today. They say they would be open to firing Sessions/Mueller after the midterms but they are really putting up a trial balloon to see if they can do it now. The answer they are getting is a big hell to the naw.

by Anonymousreply 246August 24, 2018 12:36 AM

Kellyanne on Cuomo... God knows what comes of that!

by Anonymousreply 247August 24, 2018 12:51 AM

^^^ WHY? I won't watch when they have known, crazed liars.

by Anonymousreply 248August 24, 2018 12:53 AM

He's only got about six people who do the damn show.

by Anonymousreply 249August 24, 2018 12:54 AM

Putin is pissed that Pecker is now pussywhipped by Pecker and hasn't called him once this week.

by Anonymousreply 250August 24, 2018 12:58 AM

Preet Bharara pointed out on Twitter today that President Shithole can't do a goddamn thing about SDNY charges. And if NY State nails Trump Org on criminal charges he can't do a goddamn thing about that.

This is starting to look like some kind of a massive pincer movement by Mueller, isn't it?

For some comic relief, please enjoy the Bad Lip Reading version of a WH press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251August 24, 2018 1:01 AM

[quote]Jeff Sessions is trending on twitter. He has responded --- Sessions: “While I am Attorney General, the actions of the Department of Justice will not be improperly influenced by political considerations.”

I guess we have to give the little cookie-baker credit for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 24, 2018 1:01 AM

Cuomo & Kellyanne going at it.

by Anonymousreply 253August 24, 2018 1:09 AM

What I don't get is if he's in DC, why did he bring his stupid set?

And did it fit in the overhead?

by Anonymousreply 254August 24, 2018 1:11 AM

Cuomo filibustering bigger than Kellyanne; giving her a dose of her own method.

by Anonymousreply 255August 24, 2018 1:12 AM

Apparently Mike Pence, our future Christian Supremacist leader, is a friend of Dorothy.

[quote]They comment on Pence’s favorite movie by noting that he loved "The Wizard of Oz" “despite the feminist power of its main characters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256August 24, 2018 1:13 AM

I don't like Cuomo but I like how he's handling this. She should hang her desiccated head in shame.

by Anonymousreply 257August 24, 2018 1:14 AM

I gotta give her credit... she is a sorceress but she's almost impossible to catch she's so slippery in her delivery. It's insane.

by Anonymousreply 258August 24, 2018 1:16 AM

[quote]She should hang her desiccated head in shame.

She's need to possess a soul in order to feel shame.

by Anonymousreply 259August 24, 2018 1:16 AM

Rare miss for the Bad Lip Reading crew at R251, because SHH is shown as the sensible, funny one, while the reporters are the butt of the joke.

Do better, BLR.

by Anonymousreply 260August 24, 2018 1:16 AM

These two are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 261August 24, 2018 1:18 AM

SHH comes as in that video as sensible and funny?? Srsly?

by Anonymousreply 262August 24, 2018 1:19 AM

Well if Cuomo is stupid enough not to use the word evidence then he deserves to be cut done at the knees. Evidence - the Cohen/Trump recording is evidence.

by Anonymousreply 263August 24, 2018 1:23 AM

Hilarious, Kellyanne happily changing the subject every second sentence.

by Anonymousreply 264August 24, 2018 1:29 AM

The National Enquirer kept documents relating to President Trump’s hush money payments to women in a safe leading up to the 2016 presidential election.

The safe also contained documents from other “catch-and-kill” stories about celebrities and was revealed on Thursday as the tabloid’s parent company, American Media Inc., has received immunity by federal prosecutors, according to a report by the Associated Press.

The safe was removed from its location when a story about Trump’s hush money payment to Playboy playmate Karen McDougal was published in the Wall Street Journal in 2016, the AP said.

It was unclear where the safe — which could contain embarrassing information about Trump and others — was taken.

Sources exposed the information to the AP days after Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations.

One of the pleas alleged that Cohen, Trump and the tabloid were involved in buying the silence of McDougal and porn actress Stormy Daniels, who alleged affairs with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 24, 2018 1:31 AM

wow!!! Do you think we will hear about other celeb stories that are in the safe???????????? I wanna know sooooo bad!!!!

by Anonymousreply 266August 24, 2018 1:32 AM

Does this mean the Enquirer is going to start running "he's guilty" stories?

by Anonymousreply 267August 24, 2018 1:34 AM

People at FBI who went through the safe probably knows. OMG, so fucking lucky! all the gossip and probably a long list of who is in the closet is in there.

by Anonymousreply 268August 24, 2018 1:36 AM

R214, he flipped, but with immunity. He belongs in prison with the rest of the Trump syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 269August 24, 2018 1:36 AM

Manhattan DA is possibly pursuing charges against two senior officials at the Trump Organization. NYT has the article. Rachel will be talking about it next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 24, 2018 1:38 AM

R269 Trading a smaller fish for the bigger catch. The legal system is very flawed this way. These white-collared criminals will never learn to fear the laws or abide by them.

by Anonymousreply 271August 24, 2018 1:43 AM

r270....Im glad they pointed out that Cyrus Vance let the Trumps off the hook for criminal charges in the past....what they left out is he did it because Trump made a nice donation to him. Ive said it before, Cyrus Vance is crooked.

by Anonymousreply 272August 24, 2018 1:46 AM

I wondered if somebody leaked this to pressure Vance.

by Anonymousreply 273August 24, 2018 1:49 AM

Pretty interesting to hear trump talk about flippers. He's known so many of them. Yep, among his criminal friends. What a low-life.

by Anonymousreply 274August 24, 2018 1:50 AM

Meanwhile,Fox is promising a shocking expose about Hillary and Uranium One.

by Anonymousreply 275August 24, 2018 1:58 AM

I would if somehow Fox gets indicated in all this.

by Anonymousreply 276August 24, 2018 2:02 AM

My guess is Trump doesnt pardon Manafort yet, as regardless of pardon ,Manafort faces trial 2..........this is much more serious than tax evasion or bank fraud. This is Treason and will lay bare just who Manafort really is. His business partner was a close Putin associate and Russian and Manafort will be shown to be a foreign agent....................this was Trumps campaign manager............the public will turn on Manafort big time and Trump wont be able to get away with saying he is a great guy and being treated unfairly. I predict they wait to see how events unfold before a pardon is considered because if Trump has any hope of remaining in office, pardoning somebody that is a Russian foreign agent and an enemy of the US is not going to bode well for Trump.

Secondly Trump faces big problems from the state of NY for a long history of corrupt practices involving The Trump foundation that could mean jail time for his 3 oldest kids. He cant pardon his way out of this.

Finally you have Cohen in there willing to spill all. There are things coming at Trump from all directions and I dont see how he pulls out of it. Best case scenerio is he runs for re eleciton and loses in a landslide. Worst case scenerio is he resigns early getting an agreement that neither he nor his family do any time.. nor face charges. My guess.

by Anonymousreply 277August 24, 2018 2:16 AM

They may let him resign, but they will not drop charges. This involves espionage and potential treason against the US.....Trump will be made an example to deter future radicals that think they can attempt a coup.

by Anonymousreply 278August 24, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote] Worst case scenario is he resigns early getting an agreement that neither he nor his family do any time.. nor face charges. My guess.

I doubt that there is much of an appetite among the public for letting a traitor get off scot-free. In this regard, Trump is not Nixon. Many of us grudgingly accepted Ford's decision. But this fucker and his criminal brood should be in prison -- or whatever may be the appropriate penalty for treason.

by Anonymousreply 279August 24, 2018 2:22 AM

I love the Daily News.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 24, 2018 2:29 AM

There should be no avenue this treasonous asshat gets off without facing trial for his many many crimes.

This has to be example setting and harsh.

That jury! This shows how he is poisoning the well. He KNOWS he is toast. He KNOWS they have everything on him. The projection is epic. He is trying to poison the well of any potential jury AND have his frothing at the mouth supporters forever fawning over him.

by Anonymousreply 281August 24, 2018 2:33 AM

Isn't the pardoning of Nixon what cost Ford the '76 election?

by Anonymousreply 282August 24, 2018 2:34 AM

r282 I would hope it was the nation couldn't trust the Repugs! My how that lesson was not learned.

by Anonymousreply 283August 24, 2018 2:37 AM

How did Michael Avenatti retain Stormy Daniels as a client? Did he contact her, or did she contact him? I wonder if he had any idea how big this was going to get.

by Anonymousreply 284August 24, 2018 2:37 AM

I just want to see Steve Cortes’ head explode live on CNN when the shit really hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 285August 24, 2018 2:40 AM

I would just love to see Steve Cortes without the shit eating grin for once.

He could be talking about dead puppies and he'd be smiling, the fatuous fucker.

by Anonymousreply 286August 24, 2018 2:51 AM

Does anyone really believe that Trump hasn't already gotten word to Manafort that the pardon will come?

by Anonymousreply 287August 24, 2018 2:52 AM

R283, they didn't learn their lesson after Nixon, or after Reagan, or after Bush, and they won't learn their lesson after Trump. We've always been right, and they've always been wrong.

by Anonymousreply 288August 24, 2018 2:52 AM

r282 The economy cost Ford the 1976 election - as it usually does.

by Anonymousreply 289August 24, 2018 3:26 AM

So, Stormy leads to Cohen, and Cohen leads to Pecker, and Pecker will probably lead to some other victim or enabler of Trump. All the while Trump lies and lies and lies every step of the way. Trump is always digging himself a bigger hole.

by Anonymousreply 290August 24, 2018 3:29 AM

R271 spouting the Fat Fuck's dumb anti-flipping talking point. Duh.

The pardon cost Ford that election, R289. We all knew that at the time and it hasn't changed in the intervening decades.

by Anonymousreply 291August 24, 2018 3:31 AM

I still think we just want Trump contained by a Democratic house and ideally Senate. We don't want President Pence.

by Anonymousreply 292August 24, 2018 3:34 AM

Is it likely that Manafort will be retried for the 10 counts that were deemed mistried?

by Anonymousreply 293August 24, 2018 3:34 AM

I don't see why. They got him on eight. He's going to jail. Then there's the state stuff.

by Anonymousreply 294August 24, 2018 3:35 AM

Those incredibly stupid buttons didn't help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295August 24, 2018 3:35 AM

R292 Me, too. Impeachment has its satisfaction, but containment is good, too. At the end of the day, people need to vote Dems in first, and bitch about whether to impeach later.

by Anonymousreply 296August 24, 2018 3:40 AM

r292 We don't want him in there any longer. He is a fucking foreign agent to a hostile enemy. Yes, Pence is fucking nuts but he literally would be doing the EXACT same policies as Dump but with way less of Dump's entertainment value and devotion from his mouth foaming followers.

Fuck BOTH of them. Get rid of BOTH. They are BOTH compromised and, for Pence, at the very least, that fucker knows what went on and diddles.

by Anonymousreply 297August 24, 2018 3:45 AM

It's rethugs pushing the impeachment story. Since it drove Democrats to the polls when the dumb cunts tried to impeach President Clinton, they think it will help drive their cunt base to the polls for the Fat Fuck.

As for Pence, I can live with a weak short-term repeat of Gerald Ford despite Pinga Pence's revolting religious views and being married to a woman he calls mother. His hatred of us (gays) is off the charts. His adoration of the fetus is beyond all understanding. He is still a very conventional American politician and he will only go so far. He doesn't have the Fat Fuck's pathology or willingness to break the rules.

by Anonymousreply 298August 24, 2018 3:45 AM

It was Manaforte who got Pence the VP job. Pence is heavily involved in all this, he is going down too.

by Anonymousreply 299August 24, 2018 3:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 24, 2018 4:01 AM

Pence seems to keep himself out of the criminal activities as much as possible. However, during the time he was head of the transition team and dealt with Flynn's treason Pence is vulnerable.

We'll see if he goes down with the rest of the scum or if they leave him there to run out the clock.

by Anonymousreply 301August 24, 2018 4:14 AM

R301 As long as Big Bully Trump is there, no one will remember Pee-Wee Pence still exists, especially if he keeps nice and quiet like Mother told him to.

by Anonymousreply 302August 24, 2018 4:17 AM

Pence....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 24, 2018 4:48 AM

Oh hell no, R303, we don't want that fucker. Leave him in the closet, please.

by Anonymousreply 304August 24, 2018 4:50 AM

Oh I don't either r304. I just want the truth exposed about the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 305August 24, 2018 4:53 AM

All you Mary’s need to STOP with the “they will turn on him when __________.” It’s not going to happen. Get it? They. Will. Not. Turn. On. Him.

We. Don’t. Need. Them. To.

Just keep screaming that he’s the most traitoring traitor who ever traitored. The rest will happen organically. Trust. What we need to keep saying is, “oh HELL no, not having some Russher guy taxing fucking money I don’t have for another fucking week, much less a fucking DAY! Fuck his lies. And fuck you for defending LIES.” Triple down on the lies, triple down on attacking his character, triple down on each law being broken, yet refuse to compare him to ANYBODY (that’s a trap and you’ll lose), but NOT because you’re trying to sell them on changing their minds — you’re just letting them know we’re going to kick anyone’s ass who supports this bullshit. REFUSE to listen to someone say “but they all do it [lying]” without flipping fucking tables over — do NOT accept that without going Donkey Kong!!! We need to stop trying to win them over, they’re 100 times worse than Nixon’s supporters, but in the end, that doesn’t even matter. Whatever percentage of them exist after this ends will simply be an amusing observation — their base wields zero power at this point in history. Do not fear them. Justice will prevail, you just need to vocalize your faith in truth and justice, everything else will happen all by itself, as I said, organically. Including his downfall.

And as others said, do not goad them either. I say this as someone who was hysterically laughing yesterday. Keep your glee to yourself and like-minded friends, share your glee only in places like the DL. Not because you don’t deserve to relish our victory, but only because it isn’t productive to rub the puppy’s nose in his/her mess. In other words, use your brain, the next few months matter in setting a productive, inspired, and even humbled tone to move our country forward fast, and good leaders will help expedite that process.

Now is NOT the time however, to stop calling your Reps BTW!!!! Or going to protests!!!! Or telling doctor offices and gyms you don’t want that Fox propaganda shit on the tv or you’re taking your business elsewhere, and you’ll tell others to take their business elsewhere too!!!!

The next few months require a delicate blend of three parts anger/patriotism and one part humility. The smart ones will be grateful for our humility. The dumb ones will mistake our humility for weakness, and that’s when you have my permission to bloody their noses.

by Anonymousreply 306August 24, 2018 5:05 AM

Does SC not have journalists?

I bet DL sleuths could get to the bottom of it. It’s not a joke. He has really been compromised. Or promised a promotion.

Either way something is seriously fishy.

by Anonymousreply 307August 24, 2018 5:08 AM

Kathy Griffin chimes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 24, 2018 5:10 AM

This is Lindsay Graham’s home. On a private, secretive lot in Seneca, SC. Wonder what goes down there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 24, 2018 5:13 AM

SC queens need to fan out and get the tea.

Report back.

by Anonymousreply 310August 24, 2018 5:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 24, 2018 5:15 AM

Can't Miz Lindz's dying best friend, John McCain, get the old whore to shiv Trump? Even a little?

by Anonymousreply 312August 24, 2018 5:18 AM

r307 South Carolina is a shithole state. The white trash scum who live there kept the racist monster Strom Thurmond in the US Senate for 48 fucking years. If you expect them to do anything about Miss Lindsey Graham, you are delusional.

by Anonymousreply 313August 24, 2018 5:18 AM

Manafort pardon may backfire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314August 24, 2018 5:34 AM

Amazing post r306

by Anonymousreply 315August 24, 2018 5:39 AM

R306, spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 316August 24, 2018 5:56 AM

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Clinton's living room.

by Anonymousreply 317August 24, 2018 10:30 AM

"Pecker's Vault is nothing more than a men's chasity belt."

by Anonymousreply 318August 24, 2018 10:31 AM

When Yertle the Turtle fucked Turkey Lurkey, then there was Mitch.

by Anonymousreply 319August 24, 2018 10:58 AM

I don't think much happens in Ms Lindz house in SC. He is never fucking there. I do declare most of SC knows she is light in the loafers.

by Anonymousreply 320August 24, 2018 11:56 AM

She just sits around polishing her Franklin Mint.

by Anonymousreply 321August 24, 2018 11:59 AM

As I watch this unfold, I see Michael Cohen's role, basically as bait. Back during the campaign and before, he was an unpleasant, nasty piece of work, bullying people insulting them and generally acting like an asshole. Now we're to believe he has found religion. He's flipped, wants to come clean, feels remorseful. Fine. He has simply faced the fact, with help from his family, etc. that Trump will do nothing for him, will hang him out to dry, because while Trump requires "loyalty" he gives none.

But that raid, and all the stuff they got from it, was a way for Mueller to intimidate not just Trump, but Trump's kids, and everyone else in his orbit, like Schiller, the Security guy. Mike Flynn too. Pecker, etc. I believe Cohen's considered expendable by Mueller. He has given other people immunity, but Cohen isn't going to get a sweet deal. He may get some kind of deal, but he isn't going to be as lucky as Gates. Cohen was way too close to Trump. The other thing is Mueller has to be careful with his offers of immunity and deal making. It gives the opposition talking points, both from a PR angle and from a legal perspective.

As Maddow said the other night after the Manafort trial, the defense attorneys tried to make an issue before the jury about Gates' deals, and the important point to emphasize, which it seems Mueller's team did not make, is that if Gates were to lie on the stand he would go to prison and there would be no deal. So the Defense is pounding the jury with "Gates made a deal, he's a liar" while the prosecution neglected to say he couldn't lie because he'd be in jail.

by Anonymousreply 322August 24, 2018 12:25 PM

Gloria Allred needs to go over to eastern Europe, find those pee pee girls, interview them, and represent them in a multi-million dollar lawsuit.

That is, if Pooty Poop thugs haven't vanquished the girls.

by Anonymousreply 323August 24, 2018 1:43 PM

I’m sure the Mueller Team is taking notes in real-time literally as you type your recommendations — they couldn’t do it with you baby!!!! We need more people like you in government!

by Anonymousreply 324August 24, 2018 2:10 PM

My bad, mypost waa for r322.

by Anonymousreply 325August 24, 2018 2:15 PM

Could it be so that Trump's next rally will be in Kentucky, with Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul, campaigning for the re-election of Kim Davis as County Clerk? She's in a tough race against the Democratic tax examiner from across the hallway.

by Anonymousreply 326August 24, 2018 2:17 PM

Who's got what on Grassley and Graham? They turned on Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 327August 24, 2018 2:21 PM

Graham looks positively ill, whatever Vlad has on him it must be bad. I can smell his flop sweat through the TV.

by Anonymousreply 328August 24, 2018 2:29 PM

[quote]Could it be so that Trump's next rally will be in Kentucky, with Mike Pence, Mike Huckabee and Rand Paul, campaigning for the re-election of Kim Davis as County Clerk?

Dear blessed God, could it be so?

by Anonymousreply 329August 24, 2018 2:33 PM

I loved Don Lemon saying to Chris Cuomo following his interview with Kuntyanne Cuntway “That’s twenty minutes I’ll never get back.”

by Anonymousreply 330August 24, 2018 2:42 PM

r327 Grassley's pissed at Sessions because he won't support a crime bill that is one of Grassley's pet projects.

by Anonymousreply 331August 24, 2018 2:51 PM

Allen Weisselberg CEO of Trump Organization has now been granted immunity by prosecutors!

by Anonymousreply 332August 24, 2018 2:53 PM

R332 You beat me to it. This just keeps on getting better.

by Anonymousreply 333August 24, 2018 2:55 PM

332 here My post above is according to WSJ. He is the big fish.

by Anonymousreply 334August 24, 2018 2:55 PM

Granted immunity in Cohen probe... Hope he works with the state AG as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335August 24, 2018 2:55 PM

This is huge! So this could be more than taxes. Could also be about loans and where he got the money?

by Anonymousreply 336August 24, 2018 3:02 PM

Love it, love it, love it! Correct me if I’m wrong but Trump can’t touch the NY prosecutors here, right? Thank you, Rosenstein!

by Anonymousreply 337August 24, 2018 3:02 PM

R337, Trump can get to the federal prosecutors (southern district of NY), but if New York's AG did something, he couldn't get to them.

So hope NY elects Teachout as AG. She'll destroy corruption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338August 24, 2018 3:06 PM

nope.

Fat Donnie can do fuck all about state charges. And every state where he committed crimes can prosecute. Like Florida, New Jersey, etc.

Also, the state will turn over evidence of tax evasion to the fed.

by Anonymousreply 339August 24, 2018 3:06 PM

McCain's dying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 24, 2018 3:07 PM

Has anybody kept track of how many times the phrase "claiming without evidence " has be used in the last two years?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 24, 2018 3:09 PM

Lawyer on MSNBC say ing we don't know how broad this immunity is. Is it just about Cohen/Trump payments or all of Trump Org? Another lawyer says it probably is broader.

by Anonymousreply 342August 24, 2018 3:12 PM

HA!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 343August 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Mueller handing off this case to SDofNY was brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 344August 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Analysis re state AG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 24, 2018 3:15 PM

Some pessimism -- not to troll, just to look at all the angles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346August 24, 2018 3:16 PM

Blahblahblah r346.

You know what is truly poetic and beautiful and wonderful about this? Think of how many times you typed or read “When is something going to happen? Are they going to just let this guy get away with this? I am just tired of waiting for something to happen to these criminals.” Think of it!!!! It ain’t over by a long shot, but in terms of restoring some of my shredded faith in our institutions????? WOW.

No man or woman is above the law — NO ONE. THAT is part of what makes this country great and why it works — no one is above the law.

by Anonymousreply 347August 24, 2018 3:22 PM

Also, we already knew it about Mueller, but Rod Rosenstein is a bad ass mother fucker!!!! Think of the PRESSURE he withstood. He is a MAN. This is what real men do, they do their duty to their country no matter WHAT. Can you imagine if Rod had folded? Wow, I just love him, and all the nameless DOJ heroes, they are studs, all of them. Blowjobs (and whatever) for everyone today!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 348August 24, 2018 3:28 PM

Trump really needs to fear Mueller. Mueller has been sharing the wealth. Mueller sent a little info in five different directions of the law, however, he has kept Manafort and possible Russian connections for himself. Way to go Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 349August 24, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote] No man or woman is above the law — NO ONE. THAT is part of what makes this country great and why it works — no one is above the law.

You have A LOT of faith in our justice system...

by Anonymousreply 350August 24, 2018 3:29 PM

NBC News reports Pecker has other damaging stories on Trump!

Humpty Dumpty is falling down. All the king's horses and all the king's men - flipped on him.

by Anonymousreply 351August 24, 2018 3:30 PM

You know, on one hand media gave us Trump, but on the other it also delivers us the latest news of his downfall which, to me, is very satifying. You can bet that with Hillary winning the GOP would be outraged about the smallest things (a pantsuit? AGAIN? How undignified, we should start impeachment proceedings right away!).

by Anonymousreply 352August 24, 2018 3:31 PM

Remember, even with the investigations, indictments, and prosecutions rolling along, we need to VOTE in November -- and get our friends and family to VOTE (for Democrats).

I hope people don't think "Oh, Mueller et al will take care of it. What's one vote?" That'd be awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 24, 2018 3:38 PM

[quote] He is the big fish.

Remember those food web maps from grade school? Mueller has been going after everyone systematically, he's an artist. Start with the bottom feeders, hook a few little fish, then go after the bigger ones until you reach the apex predator then take it down. And preach it R353.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 24, 2018 3:42 PM

I wonder if they'll grant immunity to his personal secretary.

by Anonymousreply 355August 24, 2018 3:42 PM

Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg, the "Allen" mentioned on the leaked Michael Cohen-Trump audiotape, has been granted immunity! Bring it on -- the walls are caving in on Trumpy!

by Anonymousreply 356August 24, 2018 3:44 PM

This is going to make an incredible multivolume history book. As long as it turns out well. If not, I don't want to read it.

by Anonymousreply 357August 24, 2018 3:46 PM

I daresay Michael Beschloss already has his draft of volume 1 ready R357.

by Anonymousreply 358August 24, 2018 3:47 PM

I wonder how Trump's going to lash out and distract everyone.

I'm thinking something related to the border again. Maybe send the military to the border like he said he would. Maybe innumerable ICE raids and summary deportations.

by Anonymousreply 359August 24, 2018 3:47 PM

Actually r350, no, I don’t have gobs of naïveté over our Justice system. But in THIS situation, where we are literally at a crossroad on whether our country will survive, it is coming through. It is a highly flawed system, there are too many things to list that need to be changed. But right here, right now, it’s WORKING. So don’t be a fucking buzzkill.

by Anonymousreply 360August 24, 2018 3:48 PM

Analysis from the Economist yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361August 24, 2018 3:50 PM

From the same issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362August 24, 2018 3:50 PM

Rona the secretary must be shitting bricks.

by Anonymousreply 363August 24, 2018 3:54 PM

McCain worship on all the news networks. Good, take the focus off Mueller so they grind away at peace.

by Anonymousreply 364August 24, 2018 3:56 PM

Seeing him with Sarah Palin though. The idea the a major political party would present someone like her to be second in line to the Presidency helps explain how we got to where we are today. That was shameful. I wish him peace but his sins will live on.

by Anonymousreply 365August 24, 2018 3:58 PM

^ that a

by Anonymousreply 366August 24, 2018 4:00 PM

From "Locker-room talk" to "Lock her up!" Trumptards will excuse literally (yes) anything, believe anything, support anything blasted over the FOX loudspeakers as they receive their Soma in Trump World.

Where is the "Melania should divorce Donald!" MAGA version of "Hillary should divorce Bill!"?? Oh, that's right, paid-off porn stars and paramours are simply par for the Trump golf course, but that's okay, because...Monica!

Now it's "Everybody cheats on their income taxes! It means Trump's human!"

No, it means he's a criminal.

by Anonymousreply 367August 24, 2018 4:03 PM

Stupid trump said the market will crash and people will be poor if he's impeached. Sorry, asshole, there will be dancing in the streets and glorious shouts of happiness around the globe.

Can you believe he pointed to his addled brain and said something like "without this?" What a deluded fool. This has been a painful, horrifying ordeal, but his ultimate downfall and banishment will be sweet indeed.

by Anonymousreply 368August 24, 2018 4:08 PM

People aren't totally unaware of voter suppression. Hope they spread awareness, get people out to vote to stop this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369August 24, 2018 4:10 PM

When was the last time the world held a spontaneous global celebration R368, Nelson Mandela's release from prison? It will be like New Year's around the globe. Stocking up on my fireworks now.

by Anonymousreply 370August 24, 2018 4:12 PM

Re the reason/s for giving Trump's accountant immunity, this is heartening ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 24, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]Stupid trump said the market will crash and people will be poor if he's impeached.

I would imagine the surge in champagne purchases alone would cause a nice uptick in the economy.

by Anonymousreply 372August 24, 2018 4:13 PM

If Mueller gave immunity to Weisselberg it means that Mueller's people had to show him that they had stuff, serious stuff, hard evidence that was going to incriminate him unless he told them everything he knew. The fucker folded. No one in Trump's orbit, not even someone who worked for his companies for years wants to shield him. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 373August 24, 2018 4:14 PM

If this turns out well, business schools are going to teach the Mueller investigation, to show how to run an operation steadily successfully even when besieged.

by Anonymousreply 374August 24, 2018 4:15 PM

I hope they somehow got to Pecker's safe before he was able to destroy the most damning materials.

by Anonymousreply 375August 24, 2018 4:18 PM

That's the real beauty of it. Trump doesn't inspire loyalty within his associates and employees. They know firsthand how much of an asshole he is to people (two scoops for me! Only one for you guys!) and how he treats them like yesterday's trash when they are no longer of use to him. You don't fall on your sword for such a guy. And Trump doesn't realize that he didn't create a network that is going to protect him no matter what. And probably the most glorious thing: He may figure out real soon that even for his bestie Vladimir Putin he is just a pawn, an asset he can dispose of when he's no longer useful.

by Anonymousreply 376August 24, 2018 4:23 PM

R370, good idea! I will stock up on champagne, too. The celebration will be spontaneous when news breaks. I can imagine crowds in the streets in this nation, even my neighbors out in the streets laughing and shouting and toasting.

by Anonymousreply 377August 24, 2018 4:23 PM

R376, I love that.

by Anonymousreply 378August 24, 2018 4:24 PM

C'MOOOOOOOOON URINE

by Anonymousreply 379August 24, 2018 4:25 PM

LOLOLOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 24, 2018 4:27 PM

I put some money aside to invest in some real good dancing shoes.

Warning. Link's a bit prematurely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381August 24, 2018 4:27 PM

Once Trump is of no use to Putin, I will wager the Putin will release the tapes or whatever he has on Trump (that Mueller doesn't expose) just to further humiliate him. That is what a psychopath would do and I won't feel sorry for Trump because it is exactly what a malignant narcissist would do as well.

I would hate to be anyone wrapped up in this mess, I can't imagine the stress.

by Anonymousreply 382August 24, 2018 4:33 PM

Duncan Hunter a profile in courage, continuing a long line of brave patriots.

by Anonymousreply 383August 24, 2018 4:34 PM

His Fox interview is very um 'telling' shall we say - sweaty, blinky, talking a million miles an hour and yep, chucking his wife under the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384August 24, 2018 4:37 PM

Can we all throw the lovely Ammar Campa-Najjar some money to use on tv ads that replay to hilarious effect the flop-sweating, bug-eyed wife-betraying of Duncan's interview?

by Anonymousreply 385August 24, 2018 4:39 PM

If she is smart she will already be telling prosecutors she is ready to flip and contacting a divorce attorney.

by Anonymousreply 386August 24, 2018 4:40 PM

Not sure if this was posted earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387August 24, 2018 4:44 PM

Putin had to know that putting Trump in office would destroy him. Was it for the short-term chaos, to show his capabilities, revenge for something else, not believing in US rule of law...or simply doesn’t care. Or all of it. This is fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 388August 24, 2018 4:46 PM

I wonder how many Senators are willing to go down with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 389August 24, 2018 4:49 PM

Apparently all of them.

by Anonymousreply 390August 24, 2018 4:51 PM

Harvey at TMZ should be nervous for the same reason Catch and Kill Pecker flipped! It constituted an illegal campaign contribution to affect outcome of election.

by Anonymousreply 391August 24, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote]This is going to make an incredible multivolume history book. As long as it turns out well. If not, I don't want to read it.

What's also going to be of genuine value and fascination are these collected 'Treason' threads, among other deep DL responses to the freakshow.

Real-time responses by often well-informed whip-smart critics aghast at what's breaking daily; responses attempted to be deflected by blundering trolls, instantly sniffed out by the cognoscenti.

There's a way to go, but certainly the tide has at last begun to turn. Decline and fall as recorded here on the DL will be unmissable, and dare I say it of historic interest.

by Anonymousreply 392August 24, 2018 4:52 PM

Interesting article re Pod Save America

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393August 24, 2018 4:55 PM

Wiesellberg, NBC says he's Executive 1 in the Cohan tapes , discussing the payoff.

Howevvveeeerrr, Executive 1 forwarded email to Executive 2 discussing payoff logistics. Only 2 people authorized to sign checks at Trump Co. Executive 1 was one of them. Second one assumed to be family member.....

(Sorry this is paraphrased as best I could on the fly)

by Anonymousreply 394August 24, 2018 4:56 PM

Analysis re CFO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395August 24, 2018 4:56 PM

Maria Butina is hard to look at: she's a fug chick who thinks she's hot. It's cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 396August 24, 2018 5:00 PM

I’d like to know what other kompromat Pecker has in that safe. Might explain the reluctance of certain Repugs to criticize Trump, i.e. Miz Lindsey, Rand Paul, etc.

by Anonymousreply 397August 24, 2018 5:00 PM

LOLOLOL:

GOP fundraiser Broidy under investigation for alleged effort to sell government influence, people familiar with probe say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 24, 2018 5:02 PM

Two nights ago, Rachel did a somewhat puzzling bit about the fall of Enron and how it had led to the destruction of the accounting firm, Arthur Anderson. Arthur Anderson was found guilty of shredding incriminating documents. Now I think that she was foreshadowing the AMI developments. According to the AP, all of the "catch-and-kill" documents that David Pecker kept in AMI's safe were removed shortly before Trump was sworn in as president, because Pecker believed that their existence was a threat to AMI. The documents may have been moved to another location, or they may have been destroyed; we don't know yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399August 24, 2018 5:03 PM

Crap, R399, hope they didn't destroy the docs, or if they did, that the team will be able to prove it and prosecute AMI to death.

by Anonymousreply 400August 24, 2018 5:10 PM

Bill Maher should be a hoot tonight!!!

by Anonymousreply 401August 24, 2018 5:11 PM

Manafort juror says the 1 holdout (the mentally challeneged one) was exasperating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402August 24, 2018 5:11 PM

AMI needs to be sued out of existence. Disgusting lies.

by Anonymousreply 403August 24, 2018 5:18 PM

R376, Putin is the only winner here. It took him long enough, but he has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams and he picked the perfect stupid and greedy chump. He doesn't need Trump anymore. He has already discarded him and left him twisting in the wind. I'm afraid that it will take a very long time for America to recover from this, but we will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 404August 24, 2018 5:22 PM

Was that juror tampered with? It fits the M.O.

by Anonymousreply 405August 24, 2018 5:22 PM

We all want to know r405, including DOJ.

by Anonymousreply 406August 24, 2018 5:25 PM

AMI's owner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407August 24, 2018 5:31 PM

It’s weird that she held out on the charges that link up the Russia stuff.

It’s like she was told which specific charges to hold out for.

by Anonymousreply 408August 24, 2018 5:32 PM

The prosecution can file to have a re-trial on those 10 hung jury charges plus petition to have a different judge preside. Plus, there is the D.C. trial awaiting.

by Anonymousreply 409August 24, 2018 5:34 PM

So we get to see what’s on the juicy TMZ servers next?

The celebrity stalkers on DL are going to go bananas

**orders large popcorn**

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 24, 2018 5:34 PM

R409 per Manafort

by Anonymousreply 411August 24, 2018 5:35 PM

R410, that needs to become a story - maybe the team will turn to them if they hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 412August 24, 2018 5:35 PM

AMI owners:

Mr. Anthony Melchiorre/ Managing Partner

Mr. Evan Ratner/ Principal and Portfolio Manager

Mr. Feisal Alibhai CFA

Mr. Kevin J. O'Malley/ Portfolio Manager

Mr. Gregory Roselli/ Senior Analyst

by Anonymousreply 413August 24, 2018 5:37 PM

Spell their names out from now on so this thread is linked to their names in google.

DL is always at the top of google for some awesome reason.

by Anonymousreply 414August 24, 2018 5:38 PM

California's AG should start investigating the Trump Org's activities in CA.

by Anonymousreply 415August 24, 2018 5:40 PM

Levin (TMZ) likes to collect dirty secrets. Wasn't he the one who was found out on practically blackmailing Justin Bieber with a video where he says the n-word? It would be absolutely divine if he goes down just like Pecker.

by Anonymousreply 416August 24, 2018 5:41 PM

Donald needs a big distraction, so he's gone to the North Korea well again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417August 24, 2018 5:43 PM

CA's attorney general should investigate TMZ. They're owned by WarnerMedia (which AT&T owns), however, which might try to protect TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 418August 24, 2018 5:44 PM

Trump's calling off talks with North Korea -- BREAKING NEWS

Like the monster isn't doing that to distract us. LOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 419August 24, 2018 5:46 PM

“Leading up to the election there were many phone calls between Harvey and Trump. Harvey was in close contact with the Trump team frequently,” said a former TMZ top executive who, like others, spoke under the condition of anonymity for fear of retribution from Levin.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420August 24, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote]Trump's calling off talks with North Korea

But Kellyanne told Chris Cuomo Korea denuclearization was one of the Trump accomplishments the media wasn't focusing on!

by Anonymousreply 421August 24, 2018 5:49 PM

R419 Trump’s latest distraction — North Korea

by Anonymousreply 422August 24, 2018 5:49 PM

Just throwing everything at the wall, he's so desperate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 24, 2018 5:51 PM

The accountant is the big deal, as I mentioned in some other of these Treason threads. It's not about the payouts to the porn star. It's about the shell companies, offshore banking, and asset shifting that allowed Trump to launder Russian mob money for the past 25 years. It's very hard for the average American to understand though. White collar crime is inherently confusing, precisely because accountants and lawyers design it to be confusing. Most Americans would rather send a black man down the river for stealing a $5 six pack of beer from a convenience store than follow the shenanigans that allow white collar criminals to steal BILLIONS. My fear is that when Mueller writes this all up in a report, the members of Congress are going to tell their constituents that it's too confusing, and therefore probably not true. It doesn't quite compute to most ordinary folks that it's just fine for a Russian to pay $500,000 too much for a condo in a Trump building - because that money was stolen to begin with. And now the Russian has an asset that he can sell and put into a bank account as though the entire transaction had been above board from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 424August 24, 2018 5:51 PM

COuld Trump enter a plea deal himself — say, he could confess to treason with Russia and have a reduced sentence if he gave details and evidence against Putin?

by Anonymousreply 425August 24, 2018 5:52 PM

R424, there needs to be someone who creates a really compelling and simple explanation of the scandals that goes viral.

I hope innumerable YouTubers try to do it. Maybe someone will figure out how to convey what's going on clearly and simply, Maybe something humorous, splicing clips/dialog from movies into complete sentences that explain things.

by Anonymousreply 426August 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Kremlin Sources Go Quiet, Leaving C.I.A. in the Dark About Putin’s Plans for Midterms.

n 2016, American intelligence agencies delivered urgent and explicit warnings about Russia’s intentions to try to tip the American presidential election — and a detailed assessment of the operation afterward — thanks in large part to informants close to President Vladimir V. Putin and in the Kremlin who provided crucial details.

But two years later, the vital Kremlin informants have largely gone silent, leaving the C.I.A. and other spy agencies in the dark about precisely what Mr. Putin’s intentions are for November’s midterm elections, according to American officials familiar with the intelligence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427August 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Are we the only people who have figured out his bullshit with North Korea??? There was a time during his first year when every time a Russian story broke North Korea would fire a missile and take the focus off the story. You could set your watch by it. Who is North Korea's best buddy? Putin. Why does the press ignore this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 428August 24, 2018 5:56 PM

“I remember when that woman started making allegations against Trump, Harvey made it a mission for days to discredit her,” a former staffer said.

Yeah, he’s next.

by Anonymousreply 429August 24, 2018 5:56 PM

[quote] My fear is that when Mueller writes this all up in a report, the members of Congress are going to tell their constituents that it's too confusing, and therefore probably not true.

Those people should be insulted by being told that they are too stupid to understand what a crook Donald Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 430August 24, 2018 5:57 PM

[quote]...which it seems Mueller's team did not make, is that if Gates were to lie on the stand he would go to prison and there would be no deal. So the Defense is pounding the jury with "Gates made a deal, he's a liar" while the prosecution neglected to say he couldn't lie because he'd be in jail.

There was an entire line of testimony where the prosecutors had Gates explain, in full, the details of his plea deal, including that he'd get 100 years in prison if he lied so he sure as hell wasn't going to lie at this point.

by Anonymousreply 431August 24, 2018 5:58 PM

Let's accept the fact that Grassley and Graham have probably been tricked into laundering money for Putin. Easy money?

by Anonymousreply 432August 24, 2018 6:00 PM

There are 99 other Senators. Why is this one Senator way out front doing Trump's bidding and trying usurp the DOJ and FBI? Now trying to promote a political cause to remove Sessions, he assumes a role what other lawmakers consider within proper parameters.

Lindsey Graham is a daily fixture on Fox and CNN often. Even MSNBC references Lindsey regularly.

Graham is playing a dangerous game attacking the judicial system personnel. His ass better be squeaky clean.

Or, is it being big-time compromised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 24, 2018 6:01 PM

10 of the ickiest allegations in the Duncan Hunter indictment

Here are 10 of the most stunning allegations from the indictment that give politicians a bad name:

1. When Hunter and his wife chatted with each other about how they were able to get cash from the campaign to spend on daily life, they allegedly said “it was great.”

2. Margaret Hunter allegedly spent $200 on tennis shoes at Dick’s Sporting Goods, which she then claimed as being for an annual dove hunting event for wounded warriors.

3. When Hunter told his wife he needed to “buy my Hawaii shorts,” but he was out of money, she allegedly told him to buy them from a golf pro shop so he could claim they were actually golf balls for wounded warriors.

4. When the water utility company threatened to turn off their water, Margaret Hunter allegedly spent $300 in campaign funds to pay the bill.

5. Margaret Hunter allegedly spent $152 on makeup at Nordstrom and told the campaign it was “gift basket items for the Boys and Girls Clubs of San Diego.”

6. Another $394 from Macy’s was listed as “gift baskets for local organizations.”

7. In an attempt to justify spending campaign funds on a family trip to Italy, Hunter asked a naval base there for a tour. When officials said they couldn’t do it then, Hunter said, “Tell the Navy to go f--- themselves.”

8. They allegedly described the payment of their family dental bills as a charitable contribution to “Smiles for Life."

9. Margaret Hunter allegedly bought plane tickets for her mother and her mother’s boyfriend to go to Warsaw. She told the campaign it was for events in New Orleans and Kentucky.

10. Hunter allegedly used campaign funds to go a personal ski trip to Lake Tahoe when his family bank account had a negative balance and his personal bank account had $35. (He withdrew $20 from his personal bank account while there, the indictment alleges.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 24, 2018 6:02 PM

The indictment. The district is now only "lean Republican" per Cook Report. Still, they might actually reelect him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 24, 2018 6:04 PM

It’s driving me crazy that a team of journalist are not in SC at this moment.

Does anyone remember when CNN had unlimited resources, hundreds of reporters and split screens with up to 6 different live broadcasts of reporters on the scene at a time feeding into the central broadcast?

by Anonymousreply 436August 24, 2018 6:04 PM

I'm sure Ms. Lindsay has received word from ... that they have compromising materials on him. Sex stuff, money stuff, sex + money stuff.

by Anonymousreply 437August 24, 2018 6:06 PM

It’s got to be really bad.

by Anonymousreply 438August 24, 2018 6:10 PM

r436 It makes me crazy, too. That story above is all about how we're losing intelligence assets because people like Lindsey are outing them and making intelligence info public. He's a traitor. He became a traitor after one game of golf with trump. There's a huge story there. Huge. And the reporters on the hill just stick a microphone in Lindsey's face, get a soundbite and then move on.

by Anonymousreply 439August 24, 2018 6:11 PM

I amuse myself by imaging Mueller holding department meetings saying:

Provide proof so the dumbest motherfucking Trump supporter can understand and accept as evidence

by Anonymousreply 440August 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Someone please tweet Buzzfeed News re the Miss Lindsay story... maybe they'll pick it up. The others are too concerned w/ maintaining access to do real investigative work on this.

by Anonymousreply 441August 24, 2018 6:14 PM

First Trump alienates our allies and know he is alienating North Korea. The only one left is Putin.

by Anonymousreply 442August 24, 2018 6:14 PM

I am worried that Mueller and the Southern District of New York are handing out to many deals. Trump will pardon anyone in his family that is charged and nearly everyone else is getting immunity deals, the Senate will never vote to convict even if the House impeaches Trump. No one will end up in jail except Manafort unless he asks for a plea deal in the next couple of days.

by Anonymousreply 443August 24, 2018 6:17 PM

There needs to be a coordinated effort to get to the bottom of L.G. This can NOT go unanswered any longer.

He looks like he is in great peril. His face reveals a lot of rear and anguish.

by Anonymousreply 444August 24, 2018 6:18 PM

Who is LG?

by Anonymousreply 445August 24, 2018 6:28 PM

R445, Lindsay Graham.

by Anonymousreply 446August 24, 2018 6:29 PM

r445, our very own Southern Belle Miss Lindsey Graham.

by Anonymousreply 447August 24, 2018 6:30 PM

Thank you !!

by Anonymousreply 448August 24, 2018 6:32 PM

Wonder if Russia is behind some of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 24, 2018 6:33 PM

"rear and anguish", r444?

by Anonymousreply 450August 24, 2018 6:33 PM

MSNBC is talking about the Miss Lindsay change re the Attorney General...

by Anonymousreply 451August 24, 2018 6:34 PM

Seismic shift by Graham... they're not speculating on why... saying the other senators and House members may start shifting depending on ... public opinion I think they said.

by Anonymousreply 452August 24, 2018 6:37 PM

Re Pod Save America - while I agree with the message, I can't fucking stand the hosts. Smarmy douchebage. Their ads send me lunging for the skip button.

Pod Save The World is more serious, but On the Media is my personal favorite.

by Anonymousreply 453August 24, 2018 6:45 PM

Ned Price just said on MSNBC that it looks like Sebastian Gorka wrote this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 24, 2018 6:46 PM

*wrote the conspiracy memo

by Anonymousreply 455August 24, 2018 6:46 PM

There is a petition in South Carolina to recall Lindsey Graham, whom an organizer terms 'Princess Buttercup'. Beware, don't sign that online one. It is a far-right, pro-Trump group and began in 2016. It only has a couple hundred signers.

The Democratic Party in South Carolina is not very strong state-wide.

by Anonymousreply 456August 24, 2018 6:55 PM

Author was on MSNBC just now. Looks interesting. Ezra Klein covered this stuff a few weeks ago...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457August 24, 2018 6:56 PM

I don’t think Senators can be recalled. Only state elected officials. That should be a red flag.

by Anonymousreply 458August 24, 2018 6:59 PM

R392, yes!! That is why we need to protect OP!!!

by Anonymousreply 459August 24, 2018 7:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460August 24, 2018 7:02 PM

Who is executive 2?

Is it you know who?

by Anonymousreply 461August 24, 2018 7:11 PM

The mundane tread troll is cranking up them out today. Another good sign.

by Anonymousreply 462August 24, 2018 7:17 PM

Yeah who is the co-signer of the checks? I can't imagine it would be Jr or Basement Sloth... the only one in his family he trusts is Vanka, no?

by Anonymousreply 463August 24, 2018 7:22 PM

I've noticed that as well, r462.

by Anonymousreply 464August 24, 2018 7:24 PM

Keep bumping the scandal threads to counteract.

by Anonymousreply 465August 24, 2018 7:26 PM

I hate gif trolls, but this just feels so nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466August 24, 2018 7:30 PM

That juror from the Manafort trial doesn't seem like the worst person - at least she was a good jury who understood her duty.

by Anonymousreply 467August 24, 2018 7:35 PM

a good *juror who understood ...

I'm talking about the one who's on the news shows - not the idiot holdout

by Anonymousreply 468August 24, 2018 7:36 PM

Guarantee the one holdout in the Manafort trial was an old lady like this dummy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469August 24, 2018 7:37 PM

The period between the election and the seating of the next Congress will be more intense than the Cuban Missile Crisis.

11.06.2018 -- 01.03.2019 the missiles will be in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 470August 24, 2018 7:46 PM

If you block somebody, why go back and read all their posts? What was the point in blocking them?

Or did you just want everybody to know who you blocked?

Either block or stalk. Don’t do both.

by Anonymousreply 472August 24, 2018 7:54 PM

R472 I agree. I personally find the posting of Replies just to read them inconsiderate and a waste of posting space.

by Anonymousreply 473August 24, 2018 8:10 PM

The period between the election and the seating of the next Congress will be more intense than the Cuban Missile Crisis.

11.06.2018 -- 01.03.2019 the missiles will be in the White House.

True. Also, the McCain seat could be up for grabs in a special election. That one vote could make a big difference in some of these Senate votes.

by Anonymousreply 474August 24, 2018 8:12 PM

Doubtful there will be make up sex between Chris and Kellyanne.

Why CNN keeps bringing her on is baffling. NBC stopped doing it months ago.

by Anonymousreply 475August 24, 2018 8:23 PM

Conway is useless. No more wasted airtime with her.

by Anonymousreply 476August 24, 2018 8:25 PM

On my nights off, she sucks Dad off almost as good as I do. That's why I hired her.

by Anonymousreply 477August 24, 2018 8:27 PM

Expect the FBI/DOJ has dirt on a bunch of House and Senate members beyond Collins and Hunter. Some of them have to be panicked about it.

Some of those guys are mixed up with Russian characters that were up to no good. The ones that broke financial laws, need exposed and indicted.

by Anonymousreply 478August 24, 2018 8:32 PM

Add up just the known bitches and hos that banged DJT in just the last 15 years or so, it's quite a number. The common denominator seems that he pays them, gave/promised them an appearance on the Apprentice, or rewarded with travel, gifts, and stays at resorts. It all so creepy.

Wonder if he still has access to all that when he goes to Mar-a-Lago-logo and NJ? Maybe at the WH?

by Anonymousreply 479August 24, 2018 8:44 PM

R480

by Anonymousreply 481August 24, 2018 8:47 PM

So..... had Dotard even thought about what Melania knows and what she's willing to sell out for?

There's no way the bitch doesn't know enough to also throw him in jail.

by Anonymousreply 482August 24, 2018 8:48 PM

Someone should start a thread where we can all post our guesses of possible resignation dates (reasons optional). Closest to the actual date gets a prize! I know I'd donate a buck to a kitty on a Go Fund Me page.

I still think clearer heads will prevail and persuade him to resign before the rest of the shit hits the fan. Gentlemen, bets please?

by Anonymousreply 483August 24, 2018 9:02 PM

I’d say 1Q19 r483

by Anonymousreply 484August 24, 2018 9:08 PM

Veterans Day 2018.

by Anonymousreply 485August 24, 2018 9:14 PM

Cuomo is probably trying to goose his numbers, which as cited here are disappointing. He's only got about six people who do the damn show anyway.

by Anonymousreply 486August 24, 2018 9:19 PM

R483: on or about January 20, 2024.

He ain't goin' nowhere, no way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 487August 24, 2018 9:24 PM

Straight to hell, R487, that's where he's going and you along with him. Where you both belong.

by Anonymousreply 488August 24, 2018 9:29 PM

r474....The Governor gets to appoint a replacement Senator until the next election.

by Anonymousreply 489August 24, 2018 9:32 PM

Don’t let McCain go until November.

by Anonymousreply 490August 24, 2018 9:39 PM

Uh oh, someone get the smelling salts and drag out the fainting couch.

Lindsey Graham Received Campaign Donations From Firm Tied To Russian Oligarch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491August 24, 2018 9:51 PM

Mercy, I had no idea that those funds had anything to do with the Russian gentleman with the tightly fitting polo shirt and khakis I happened to entertain over rum punch on my veranda! That was a purely social occasion!

by Anonymousreply 492August 24, 2018 10:14 PM

The Senatrice wishes the only thing they have on him is some Russian cash.

by Anonymousreply 493August 24, 2018 10:31 PM

We’ve known that for a while now, right R491?

by Anonymousreply 494August 24, 2018 10:32 PM

Dotard started his speech in Ohio today by mentioning that not many people know Jim Jordan was a great wrestler in college.

In went downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 495August 24, 2018 10:33 PM

Ahhh, may the long whispered about Senatrice goatse be published!!!

by Anonymousreply 496August 24, 2018 10:35 PM

Has Mr. Oleg Deripaska tasted of La Belle Senatrice's sultreh chahms?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497August 24, 2018 10:38 PM

The ship is sinking. The rats are now abandoning ship.

by Anonymousreply 498August 24, 2018 10:38 PM

Please visit my Pence thread and weigh in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 24, 2018 10:39 PM

So as Dotard's Campaign Manager there's no way KAC wasn't aware of all the shit going on right? When does she get her indictment and/or when does she turn on him?

by Anonymousreply 500August 24, 2018 10:39 PM

I can see Putin just spilling all the dirt he has on Dump and the Repugs. He could gloat that he stole an election and whipped up a huge divide in our nation. He could shove it in our faces that he, they (Russia) did all of that.

by Anonymousreply 501August 24, 2018 10:47 PM

R501 wouldn’t that invite more worldwide sanctions and action by all NATO countries? Wouldn’t it be politucal suicide for Putin?

by Anonymousreply 502August 24, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote]Graham is playing a dangerous game attacking the judicial system personnel. His ass better be squeaky clean.

Really? No one's going to comment on this?

by Anonymousreply 503August 24, 2018 11:10 PM

On another note and not new news, it’s damn depressing to see how many idiots still love trump, a recent post by a friend of a friend:

[quote]Take a good look at what a real natural born leader looks like when he exits a Limousine for a historic meeting! History has already been made tonight, irregardless of the spin the Liberal Left wants to put on this ... just sayin

by Anonymousreply 504August 24, 2018 11:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505August 24, 2018 11:14 PM

The mundane troll is on a tear.

by Anonymousreply 506August 24, 2018 11:15 PM

r504 I do not believe he has that high of support from them. They will NEVER admit they were bamboozled, snookered, hoodwinked. They will die before they admit they made a huge mistake. Even to themselves.

by Anonymousreply 507August 24, 2018 11:27 PM

Omarosa is Joy Reid's guest this weekend. Looks like she wants back in on the action.

by Anonymousreply 508August 24, 2018 11:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509August 24, 2018 11:35 PM

I love you, r348! I admired him before, but now I admire the HELL out of Rosenstein!

Yes, he and Mueller are MEN! Men of courage, honor, truth, and patriotism!

by Anonymousreply 510August 24, 2018 11:41 PM

On CNN they played Graham's sanctimonious 1999 testimony during Clinton's impeachment. On and on about cleansing the Presidency and how Clinton should be unceremoniously removed even if no crime had been committed.

My how times have changed. Hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 511August 24, 2018 11:41 PM

I think I figured out what happened to Graham on the golf course.

He is going to be the next Attorney General.

It all fits.

by Anonymousreply 512August 24, 2018 11:46 PM

R512 Nooooo!!!

But I think you are on to something. ..

by Anonymousreply 513August 24, 2018 11:48 PM

Is Miss Linda a lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 514August 24, 2018 11:50 PM

Wikipedia: "Graham graduated from the University of South Carolina in 1977. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1981. He served in the United States Air Force from 1982 to 1988 and served in the South Carolina Air National Guard then in the Air Force Reserve, attaining the rank of colonel. He worked as a lawyer in private practice before he was elected to the South Carolina House of Representatives in 1992, serving one term from 1993 to 1995."

by Anonymousreply 515August 24, 2018 11:53 PM

Think of all the lawyers and investigators on his team that Muller is training in the art of defending the law against tyranny. Dare we hope for the future?

by Anonymousreply 516August 25, 2018 12:00 AM

That makes sense r512. Or VP.

by Anonymousreply 517August 25, 2018 12:08 AM

I'll give Trump another year, let's say to Labor Day, 2019. Congressional Republicans will want him gone before they need a new Presidential campaign in gear.

by Anonymousreply 518August 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Random capitalisation and "irregardless" FTW, R504! This is what natural born subgenius looks like.

by Anonymousreply 519August 25, 2018 12:23 AM

Oh, I'm sure Russia would receive sanctions, but the idea of creating a deeper partisan divide/distrust among Americans was probably just too appealing to Putin.

by Anonymousreply 520August 25, 2018 12:27 AM

I love the idea that the lone MAGA holdout on the Manafort jury which resulted in a mistrial for 10 counts means that he can be retried on those counts in NY or California; double jeopardy doesn't apply.

by Anonymousreply 521August 25, 2018 12:42 AM

No way will Trump last the year, much less Labor Day 2019.

by Anonymousreply 522August 25, 2018 12:46 AM

Like I've said before....you can tell how bad a week was for trump by the talking points his defenders come up with. Today's is Democrats will do anything to get trump, just like Ness did with Capone. (Apparently that was a bad thing).

I'm not sure I'd want to compare trump to a mob boss who died of syphilis right about now, but ok.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 25, 2018 12:49 AM

Miss Linda took a slap in the Senate from Ben Sasse today... who also issued a warning. It's on!

"Sasse appeared to target Graham and Grassley during his comments on the Senate floor.

“Bizarrely, there are people in this body now talking like the attorney general will be fired, should be fired,” Sasse said. “I’m not sure how to interpret the comments of the last couple of hours but . . . I find it really difficult to envision any circumstance where I would vote to confirm a successor to Jeff Sessions, if he is fired, because he’s executing his job, rather than choosing to act as a partisan hack.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 25, 2018 12:52 AM

So the old hawk, Mz. Lindz is an air force vet. Explains a lot. Bunch of fluffernutters playing soldier. And I also subscribe to the maybe it's not so much the compromising donation by the Russian oligarchy as the promise of "ok, we have your balls, but if you play ball, we'll hand it off to you for AG when we let go of Jeff's balls"

by Anonymousreply 525August 25, 2018 12:53 AM

r524...Actions speak louder than words. There are several GOP Senators that make threats, but never follow through and always vote party line. EVERY DAMN ONE OF THEM.

by Anonymousreply 526August 25, 2018 12:55 AM

Why would Miss Lindsay want to jump on this sinking ship? How does it end well for him?

by Anonymousreply 527August 25, 2018 12:55 AM

R520, Boris, double Jeopardy doesn't apply. No one said California or New York for retrial venue.

You must have read Wikipedia, if it's not censored where you are. Read more deeply.

by Anonymousreply 528August 25, 2018 12:58 AM

R505 I hope the monster hears of those comments by the ghoul. Maybe the ghoul will be thrown back into the wilderness.

by Anonymousreply 529August 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Listen, no one wants to place bets on a resignation date. What we want to wager on is how many bj’s can Rod handle in a single day?

by Anonymousreply 530August 25, 2018 1:01 AM

Attorney General Lindsay Graham

by Anonymousreply 531August 25, 2018 1:07 AM

I want Rod’s rod.

by Anonymousreply 532August 25, 2018 1:08 AM

My guess is that he was offered the AG post in return for helping to discredit the investigation and get rid of Sessions.

Aside from the Supreme Court, AG is the top prize for all lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 533August 25, 2018 1:08 AM

Anyone voting for Zephyr Teachout for New York Attorney General?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 25, 2018 1:09 AM

Get in line r532.

by Anonymousreply 535August 25, 2018 1:11 AM

An interesting scenario, but not very detailed in Arizona politics. Sen. Jeff Flake did not run for re-election. Suppose, instead, he is appointed by the Republican Governor to fill the remaining term of John McCain's seat.

Flake votes solidly GOP, but is a frequent critic of Trump. Maybe Arizona Republicans have become too Trumpian to accept Flake returning if he seeks to do so.

I don't think it will be Jan Brewer. In the last few years, she has demonstrated some mental confusion and jumbled speech.

by Anonymousreply 536August 25, 2018 1:11 AM

Someone who knows these things, please explain, because I’ve had Trump Trolls arguing with me online, saying Manafort is *protected* by *New York’s* double jeopardy laws. It’s like they think if you’re pardoned for a federal crime, you can’t be tried in NYS for similar crimes (or any other crimes ever?). Bizarre logic, but I don’t know NYS’s DJ laws to effectively counter their claims.

by Anonymousreply 537August 25, 2018 1:12 AM

GOD, David Farenthold (Pulitzer prize winner, WaPo) is a fucking STUD with BDF. Was on Maddow’s show now (with Ali Velshi hosting).

Look him up if you’re not familiar. He has Trump’s number on finances and fraud.

by Anonymousreply 538August 25, 2018 1:15 AM

Flake is old school LDS and come from a scion family out there. He'll vote, if appointed, against the fuck. They're a somewhat rogue group in the Christian posse and are not happy with how ol' Bone Spurs has treated their own.

by Anonymousreply 539August 25, 2018 1:15 AM

R537 from how I understand it he would be protected in NY from Double Jeopardy if he was acquitted or convicted in those 10 counts. Because there was a Mistrial he can now be charged in NY.

by Anonymousreply 540August 25, 2018 1:23 AM

It’s been discussed here, R537. Just Google “New York double jeopardy loophole.” There is an ongoing push to close it.

by Anonymousreply 541August 25, 2018 1:24 AM

If someone is acquitted or found not guilty on federal charges, the person cannot be charged in State court on the exact same charges. If it is something like income tax evasion, for example, the crime can be similar and prosecuted if it pertains to penalties and collection of state income taxes or violating other state laws not covered in the federal prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 542August 25, 2018 1:24 AM

[quote] Someone who knows these things, please explain, because I’ve had Trump Trolls arguing with me online, saying Manafort is *protected* by *New York’s* double jeopardy laws. It’s like they think if you’re pardoned for a federal crime, you can’t be tried in NYS for similar crimes (or any other crimes ever?). Bizarre logic, but I don’t know NYS’s DJ laws to effectively counter their claims.

Manafort my be tried in New York state court for criminal violations of New York laws (subject matter jurisdiction), if his actions touched the state of New York basically any way (personal jurisdiction). If he is found not guilty on any of those state charges, which are different from the federal charges (the Alexandria and DC trials), then double jeopardy applies, and New York may not pursue subsequent prosecutions under those already prosecuted criminal charges.

Manfort can't be tried in New York state courts for violations he's already been tried and and/indicted for under federal law. Nor, I believe, can New York state courts readily try him for violations of federal law (even if he hasn't been indicted and/or tried by the federal DOJ); I believe if the New York AG tries to do that, Manafort will simply move to have the case removed to federal court.

As I was typing this, I found a number of articles talking about a NY state double jeopardy loophole, so I'll have to take a look at that (example at link), but the first paragraph I wrote above is the most basic framework for prosecutions under state law by the state AG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543August 25, 2018 1:29 AM

It is getting hot:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544August 25, 2018 1:31 AM

[quote]Anyone voting for Zephyr Teachout for New York Attorney General?

Still undecided. I like her, but I also really like Tish James.

What almost makes me feel bad for the Senatrice is that if she'd just come out, she'd have had a lot more cachet as the Gay Conservative than she does as just another Trump bootlick.

by Anonymousreply 545August 25, 2018 1:32 AM

I could have sworn someone posted a good article here about Double Jeopardy and how the one hold out actually ended up hurting Manafort... I can't seem to find it now.

by Anonymousreply 546August 25, 2018 1:32 AM

Oh here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547August 25, 2018 1:35 AM

R542, this also provides a good summary.

A key part I didn't mention is that sometimes the same act by the defendant violates both state and federal laws, in which case the feds and the state may prosecute the defendant for those violations. Double jeopardy doesn't apply because the state and the federal government aren't the same sovereign; double jeopardy only applies to prosecutions by a single sovereign.

This is also at the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 25, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]I don't think it will be Jan Brewer. In the last few years, she has demonstrated some mental confusion and jumbled speech.

What's your point?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 25, 2018 1:37 AM

R545, please check this out. You can get a sense of her mind and style. Really engaging discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 25, 2018 1:37 AM

R546, I think I posted that in a similar thread ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 25, 2018 1:38 AM

[quote]GOD, David Farenthold (Pulitzer prize winner, WaPo) is a fucking STUD with BDF.

Yas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552August 25, 2018 1:39 AM

R544....Pecker leaking?

Not even Stormy Daniels could be as sexually suggestive as the MSNBC scripter.

by Anonymousreply 553August 25, 2018 1:39 AM

Love Nicole. She’s a slayer.

by Anonymousreply 554August 25, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote][R545], please check this out. You can get a sense of her mind and style. Really engaging discussion.

Oh, I already know about her. I voted for her in the gubernatorial primary in 2014. But I also really like Tish James, although her cozying up to Cuomo is a bit of a turn-off, since he needs her more than she needs him. And I was hoping she'd run for mayor in 2021.

I'm glad Cynthia Nixon is going to be on the Working Families Party ticket in the general election. I voted for the Green guy last time, but I can't make myself do it this time, because they just won't stop nominating these pie-in-the-sky candidates instead of realizing they could actually have a viable party here if they'd get qualified people. Anyhoo, that's for another thread.

by Anonymousreply 555August 25, 2018 1:45 AM

Ah. NY has a law that complicates things re double jeopardy, but the team is on it, it seems:

[quote] Federal double jeopardy law would not be an issue here. The doctrine of dual sovereignty allows the federal and state governments to prosecute the same crimes. The problem is that many states broaden double jeopardy protections to prevent the bringing of state charges after a federal prosecution. I’ve explained in Slate that New York and Pennsylvania have such a rule. It turns out that Virginia and California do, too. But because of some likely combination of prosecutorial skill and luck, Manafort still faces prosecutions in those states, plus perhaps Illinois and others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556August 25, 2018 1:45 AM

The article at R556 is VERY interesting. E.g.:

[quote] It’s also important to note that the Supreme Court has taken up a case called Gamble v. United States in which it could rule on double jeopardy and federal-state dual sovereignty for next term. This case could directly impact the Trump investigation if Manafort is pardoned. There are many reasons the Senate should delay confirming Judge Brett Kavanaugh. But there is no way Kavanaugh should be confirmed while he may be the deciding vote on a case directly impacting double jeopardy law and the Trump investigation.

[quote] Ultimately, a Trump pardon wouldn’t benefit Manafort in any concrete sense, but it would build a stronger case for impeachment and removal. Such a pardon would only add proof of Trump’s obstruction, providing additional evidence of criminal corrupt intent. Finally, the same principle of state sovereignty to prosecute would apply to any crimes Trump himself may have committed. If Trump is foolish enough to try to pardon himself, there will be no holding back the state prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 557August 25, 2018 1:52 AM

What’s untreasonably hot is Rod’s rod AND Farenthold. Dayum!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 558August 25, 2018 1:53 AM

R538, watching now. David Fahrenthold is awesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 25, 2018 1:57 AM

R552, He looks like Clark Kent there!

by Anonymousreply 560August 25, 2018 1:58 AM

See, this is why we have a free press. Thank goodness for them.

by Anonymousreply 561August 25, 2018 1:58 AM

R548 appreciate the elaboration links.

by Anonymousreply 562August 25, 2018 1:59 AM

Stud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 25, 2018 2:02 AM

Pretty open-minded! Shirtless violin player at link accompanying tweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 25, 2018 2:03 AM

Wonder who's going to get it next week!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565August 25, 2018 2:07 AM

Any word on exec 2?

At least the lawyers have to know

by Anonymousreply 566August 25, 2018 2:14 AM

I thought we already decided, Exec 1 is Allen, 2 is Trump — is that right?

by Anonymousreply 567August 25, 2018 2:20 AM

How Far America Has Fallen

The thing with every shocking revelation about Trump is that it's already baked into his image. I've never met a Trump supporter who did not know exactly who he is.

By Roger Cohen

Opinion Columnist

Aug. 24, 2018

RIDGWAY, Colo. — It’s different in the West. It’s easier to feel in touch with some essence of what America is. The space, so much of it still, so empty, so awe-inspiring, speaks of American possibility. The boundlessness invites reinvention and prickly individualism. Here in Colorado, purple state, split between gun lovers and legal marijuana lovers, the libertarian streak runs strong.

That’s the bit of the United States the rest of the world finds hardest to fathom. Why the scorn for handouts, the equating of universal health care with socialism, the obsession with self-reliance, the refusal to see that a profusion of guns leads to a profusion of mass shootings? Of course a crowded Europe with its wounds seeks solidarity in the name of stability, while America with its wide-open spaces embraces the right to be left alone (at least until you need Medicaid) and the right, whatever its risks, to the next frontier.

I said it’s different in the West. It’s not so different in the West, it’s just that you see more clearly what the country stood for in its own mythologized self-image, what it was to be an American, what it was to aspire to some new and exemplary measure of freedom, and how far things have fallen to produce President Donald Trump.

No part of the country today is immune to American fracture or the squalid Trump wars, to cultural confrontations over identity and gender and race, to the effects of stagnant incomes over decades, or to the narcissism of modernity.

In a purple state, unlike in Brooklyn, N.Y., or Palo Alto, Calif., these differences press in on each other. Conversations occur that break through ideological lines. Grand Junction, in western Colorado, voted for Trump at the last election. There, I spoke to Robert Babcox, a pastor, who praised the president for sticking to his campaign promises and, “for all the bravado,” getting the economy revved up.

Babcox called the ban on high-capacity gun magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, signed into law by John Hickenlooper, the Democratic governor who has presidential aspirations, “a silly law.” The pastor said he could drive across the nearby border into Utah and buy a high-capacity magazine. He said the Second Amendment was designed to create a militia “equal to the government to ensure self-reliance,” and that therefore the ban on the magazines should be overturned. He said, “If I can limit somebody on what weapons they can buy, why would I not be able to limit what you can say about me under the First Amendment? When we endanger one right, we endanger them all.”

Words don’t kill, I said. Some things are worse than death, he said. So, I asked, Trump’s great? No, the pastor said. He only trusted Trump “to a degree.” Someone should take away his cellphone, he said. Americans can come together, he said, praising John F. Kennedy. “I served in the Navy,” he said. “I saw so many taken before their time — white, black, Hispanic. It all hurt me just the same, and they all bled red, and that lesson stayed with me.”

The thing about all the shocking Trump revelations — Michael Cohen’s about violating campaign finance laws by paying hush money to two women in coordination with a “candidate for federal office” being the latest — is that they are already baked into Trump’s image. His supporters, and there are tens of millions of them, never had illusions. I’ve not met one, Babcox included, who did not have a pretty clear picture of Trump. They’ve known all along that he’s a needy narcissist, a womanizer, a lowlife, a liar, a braggart and a generally miserable human being. That’s why the “Access Hollywood” tape or the I-could-shoot-somebody-on-Fifth-Avenue boast did not kill his candidacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568August 25, 2018 2:23 AM

It’s also why the itch to believe that the moment has come when everything starts to unravel must be viewed warily. Sure, Trump sounds more desperate. But who’s the enforcer if Trump has broken the law? It’s Congress — and until things change there (which could happen in November) or Republicans at last abandon a policy of hold-my-nose opportunism, Trump will ride out the storm.

There’s a deeper question, which comes back to the extraordinary Western landscape and the high American idea enshrined in it. Americans elected Trump. Nobody else did. They came down to his level. White Christian males losing their place in the social order decided they’d do anything to save themselves, and to heck with morality. They made a bargain with the devil in full knowledge. So the real question is: What does it mean to be an American today? Who are we, goddamit? What have we become?

Trump was a symptom, not a cause. The problem is way deeper than him.

For William Steding, a diplomatic historian living in Colorado, American individualism has morphed into narcissism, perfectibility into entitlement, and exceptionalism into hubris. Out of that, and more, came the insidious malignancy of Trump. It will not be extirpated overnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569August 25, 2018 2:23 AM

Trump’s Toxic Friendship

Politics 2018: the wives under the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 25, 2018 2:25 AM

Farenthold sounds dirty and penisy. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 571August 25, 2018 2:31 AM

Thanks r570.

This in particular made me laugh.

[quote] And by the way, remember when I told you Hunter was the second House member to endorse Donald Trump, behind the recently indicted Chris Collins? No. 3 was Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, who managed to get through the last two years without being indicted for anything. Although we do feel compelled to point out that DesJarlais was one of those right-to-life politicians who took an entirely new look at abortion when a woman he was committing adultery with told him she was pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 572August 25, 2018 2:36 AM

I really hope MIchael Flynn goes to jail - "Lock her up!" at the convention. It'd be so delicious.

by Anonymousreply 573August 25, 2018 2:39 AM

R572, Gail Collins is always great for a giggle. Relieves my anxiety for a while.

by Anonymousreply 574August 25, 2018 2:39 AM

What is going on with Flynn and Flynn, Jr?

by Anonymousreply 575August 25, 2018 2:43 AM

Andrew Sullivan, former enabler.

[quote] There was a sense among some this week that we had at last reached that golden “inflection point” when all of Trump’s lies, scams, cons, and crimes finally sink in with Republicans, and the cult begins to crack.

[quote] I tend to think something else is happening: that we are entering the most dangerous phase of Donald Trump’s presidency. We always knew this would happen — that the rule of law and Trump would at some point be unable to coexist — but we had no idea how it would specifically play out. Now we see the lay of the land a little more clearly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 25, 2018 2:44 AM

We really don’t need more pieces about how Trump voters will give him a pass on everything. Seriously, enough.

Although I do think they will start to turn on him—at least the ones who aren’t completely fucking retarded and cultlike—once his economic policies start to wreak real havoc.

by Anonymousreply 577August 25, 2018 2:45 AM

I honestly do not think there is anything that will ever make his followers turn on him. Nothing. They believe everything he says because he is their Savior. When things start to impact them, fiscally or otherwise, they still won't blame him. They'll be made to believe it was all Obama and Hillary's fault.

by Anonymousreply 578August 25, 2018 2:47 AM

I am constantly amazed at how stupid his supporters are. I mean, really really stupid.

by Anonymousreply 579August 25, 2018 2:49 AM

Link to new thread for when this fills up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 25, 2018 2:50 AM

if you don’t see the erosion of support among deplorables then you’re out of touch.

They absolutely have dwindled down to the most hopeless.

They are hiding in the shadows, compared to the inauguration days.

Get out more.

by Anonymousreply 581August 25, 2018 2:51 AM

R581 is right.

by Anonymousreply 582August 25, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote] ... But if the evidence for one or both does come to light, that’s also when the implicit danger becomes explicit. At that point, Trump would have several options. He could fire Sessions and Rosenstein and others until he found someone who would fire Mueller. (And he has just signaled that that is exactly what he will do.) He could pardon everyone implicated by Mueller and declare the entire affair a travesty of justice.

[quote] But Trump could also launch a political campaign to purge the government of those he views as global elitists who have been trying to overturn the result of a democratic election since November 2016. He could perform, in other words, a mini-Erdogan, go to the country in 2020, and appeal for mass support against the “swamp.” He could double down on the populism. If impeached, he would encourage and foment what Rudy Giuliani called this week a “people’s revolt.”

[quote] He could also ratchet up the foul white-nationalist rhetoric he has been spouting for so long, seizing on events, such as the awful murder of Mollie Tibbetts, to generate anti-immigrant hysteria. Newt Gingrich, one of the most sinister figures in modern American politics, has openly mused about running a midterm campaign on fears of violence by brown illegal immigrants. Trump could tweet out scare stories about land reform in South Africa, raising classic fears of black violence against whites, in order to rally his base. He could openly allow Russia to interfere again with the elections, this time the midterms, and indeed his administration just blocked a vital new bill to provide support for election security.

[quote] He could launch a few missiles, or generate a wider trade war with China. He could direct a new attorney general — or mere an acting attorney general — to investigate the Clinton campaign for collusion with Russia. And in all this, he will have a completely shameless state propaganda network to amplify the message, and legitimize it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 25, 2018 2:53 AM

R581, what percentage of the population is part of the die-hard cult? The ones who'll support autocracy over his removal and/or legitimate loss in an election? Which ones would support his taking undemocratic control of the nation?

Just wondering, given you're probably more in tune with things. Anyone else, please chime in.

by Anonymousreply 584August 25, 2018 2:56 AM

*The ones who'll support autocracy over his removal and/or legitimate loss in an election, i.e., would support his taking undemocratic control of the nation?

Just wondering about the approximate probably percentage. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 585August 25, 2018 2:57 AM

I mean, his approval rating is still kind of up there...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 25, 2018 3:00 AM

To my layman eyes I would guess 20-35% would follow him off a cliff.

McCarthy and Nixon had about that until the bitter end and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 587August 25, 2018 3:02 AM

Thanks, R587.

Everyone, it's Friday. Celebrate by pitching in a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588August 25, 2018 3:03 AM

[quote]They are hiding in the shadows, compared to the inauguration days. Get out more.

Perhaps you should take your own advice.

by Anonymousreply 589August 25, 2018 3:03 AM

So roughly 1/3 of citizens are part of the cult. That's a big cult. But it's not the majority so that's good.

by Anonymousreply 590August 25, 2018 3:05 AM

I have no doubt the cult members would be ok with violence against their own fellow citizens to make their god the permanent leader of a new cult nation. They'd help out with their many many guns.

by Anonymousreply 591August 25, 2018 3:06 AM

I get out plenty and I don't see his supporters, "hiding.."

I don't see them hiding any time soon either. In fact, I think his followers will only get louder and crazier the more this tumbles down.

by Anonymousreply 592August 25, 2018 3:07 AM

It’s LESS than a third, and you’re focused on the wrong damn thing if you’re worried about “how many” there are. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 593August 25, 2018 3:09 AM

Wish people would stop bumping up the Iowa murder story. They're adding to clicks, telling the news sites to keep pumping out stories about it, fueling the cult's immigration fury.

by Anonymousreply 594August 25, 2018 3:09 AM

The Crazification Factor: No matter how stupid and crazy something is, there's always a percentage of people who will believe it or accept it.

by Anonymousreply 595August 25, 2018 3:10 AM

R593, why doesn't it matter how many of them there are? I don't get it...

by Anonymousreply 596August 25, 2018 3:10 AM

I don't know how Fox News employees aren't ostracized in NYC. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 597August 25, 2018 3:11 AM

Link to new thread for when this closes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598August 25, 2018 3:12 AM

Hope in Arizona.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599August 25, 2018 3:12 AM

Today's chart at the Economist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2018 3:15 AM

Because, r596, people are giving WAY too much power to their fear of “how many there are.” And at the end of the day, justice is not decided by “how many there are.” Either Justice will prevail — or not. But the percentage of these fucking jamokes has no correlation to Justice actually prevailing, and the fear of the assholes is actually making people feel hopeless and helpless because they are too focused on “how many there are.” See my post at r306 for clarity.

by Anonymousreply 601August 25, 2018 3:20 AM

I don't think the majority is fearing them so much as pointing out how they won't ever change and its pointless to act like they have the ability to.

by Anonymousreply 602August 25, 2018 3:24 AM

New thread at link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603August 25, 2018 3:24 AM

Miss Lindsey doesn't want to be attorney general. She is being blackmailed by Putin.

by Anonymousreply 604August 25, 2018 3:30 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605August 25, 2018 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!