Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603August 22, 2018 3:42 AM

Link to previous thread for reference:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2018 2:48 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18) Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

Tre45onal Affective Disorder (The Mueller Investigation Part 45) (08/16/18)

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2018 2:49 AM

Excellent. I am here for the Manafort Verdict.

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2018 2:57 AM

Thank you, Op.

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2018 3:00 AM

This jury has me very nervous. Why couldn't the judge give a fuller answer to their question re: 'reasonable doubt' ("doubt based on reason" was all he would say). And why didn't the prosecution give the jurors a handy color-coded scheme to identify which exhibits were relevant to which counts of the indictment?

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2018 3:20 AM

Good listen from a few weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2018 3:22 AM

More like Treasonable doubt you dumbass jury!

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2018 3:27 AM

Oh, how I now respect Omarosa and her 200 recordings...and this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2018 3:31 AM

I hope she releases all the recordings. For history's sake.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2018 3:33 AM

...and her publisher, too;

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2018 3:36 AM

Our President. What a wonderful man.

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2018 3:37 AM

Papa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2018 3:43 AM

r12 Just...........anyone else this would be scandalous beyond words.

by Anonymousreply 13August 17, 2018 3:45 AM

R13 Does that include Bill Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 14August 17, 2018 3:59 AM

Since we now include thread suggestions at the beginning of threads now, I’m sure OP has “The Voice of Treason” or some variation of that in store for the inevitable Trump tapes.

by Anonymousreply 15August 17, 2018 4:04 AM

R12 Incest is best.

by Anonymousreply 16August 17, 2018 4:05 AM

r14 What do you mean? I never saw Bill pawing Chelsea. If so, please provide the receipts.

by Anonymousreply 17August 17, 2018 4:05 AM

R17 Those are just silly photo poses, not sex tapes. They mean nothing.

by Anonymousreply 18August 17, 2018 4:10 AM

r18 Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 19August 17, 2018 4:11 AM

r14, Nikita, not everything Trump has a magic mirror equivalent to the Clintons.

Just like the Trump Foundation is a scam and a slush fund, the Clinton Foundation is a well audited charitable foundation that brings medical assistance to third world countries.

The false equivalence is that all foundation s are similar. They are not.

by Anonymousreply 20August 17, 2018 4:12 AM

R18 = Roy Moore

by Anonymousreply 21August 17, 2018 4:12 AM

A guest on MSNBC said that by stripping the security clearance of the people who trump threatened do so would make it difficult for them to later testify in court because they would not have access to their notes and records held in their former offices. The list of names which started with Brennan are all of people involved in the early days of the Russian investigation and all but one are retired.

by Anonymousreply 22August 17, 2018 4:21 AM

Mueller probably already recorded their statements at least.

by Anonymousreply 23August 17, 2018 4:28 AM

Giuliani probably told him to revoke the clearances.

by Anonymousreply 24August 17, 2018 4:29 AM

Rumor has it that it was John Kelly, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25August 17, 2018 4:47 AM

That’s a great point, r22. I don’t know why the coverage about clearances doesn’t mention that the list includes people who may testify against the president in addition to sometimes being critics of the president.

by Anonymousreply 26August 17, 2018 4:57 AM

They’ll just have to leak to the media more if they need to get news out to patriots.

by Anonymousreply 27August 17, 2018 5:54 AM

Manafort is very calm considering he could spend the rest of his life in prison if convicted. Maybe I'm being too paranoid or crazy but somehow I keep wondering if the fix is already in and he knows it. He either won't be convicted or, if he is, he will receive a full Presidential pardon. I also think the fix is in for Trump. He will all out against any "enemies" and will not be stopped. The Democrats will hopefully retake the House and maybe the Senate but if they don't Trump is free to do whatever he wants to whoever he wants.

P.S. As much as I like Rick Wilson, just finished his book. Not sure he is much of an insider anymore. I feel like he doesn't know as much as he says he does. Omarosa= pure evil from her very first reality show appearance-and it wasn't Apprentice. But if she brings him down even a notch, I'll maybe read her book.

by Anonymousreply 28August 17, 2018 2:04 PM

R28 in my opinion you are not being paranoid. I believe Manafort believes the fix is in, and that’s why he’s not stressing.

by Anonymousreply 29August 17, 2018 2:06 PM

Even a nitwit jury should be able to understand income tax evasion. Money laundering and related can be more complicated for some to fully understand.

by Anonymousreply 30August 17, 2018 2:13 PM

Could a judge order them to allow access to the notes of a witness for his/her testimony only?

by Anonymousreply 31August 17, 2018 2:15 PM

What do these people need to see that he is guilty as sin?

GUILTY!

What is there to discuss?

by Anonymousreply 32August 17, 2018 2:18 PM

I think Manafort’s defense team put him on beta blockers and coached him on affectation. This is normal. His behavior is normal.

by Anonymousreply 33August 17, 2018 2:21 PM

Would be fitting if this thread (Thread 45) is the last one we need before Fuckface goes down........ (I believe in signs & portents)

by Anonymousreply 34August 17, 2018 2:26 PM

R33 what would beta blockers do? Aren’t they for heart conditions?

by Anonymousreply 35August 17, 2018 2:31 PM

r28 The people connected to Paul Manafort installed a traitor as POTUS, so what makes anyone think they couldn't get to a jury member or two? And the judge has certainly done everything in his power to sway the jury to not guilty. I'm still hopeful there will be a guilty count on at least three charges, but nobody is being paranoid to worry.

by Anonymousreply 36August 17, 2018 2:32 PM

I hope if they tried to get to a juror, they squealed and it gets that much worse for him.

by Anonymousreply 37August 17, 2018 2:35 PM

At least the jury asked what the definition of "reasonable doubt" is. Do any legal people know if that's a good sign or not? To a lay person like myself it seems like it would be, as it seems to apply somebody wants to convict, they just want reassurance first.

by Anonymousreply 38August 17, 2018 3:05 PM

*imply somebody...

by Anonymousreply 39August 17, 2018 3:05 PM

AP BREAKING: Trump says he expects to 'quickly' revoke security clearance for DOJ official whose wife worked for Trump dossier firm.

by Anonymousreply 40August 17, 2018 3:08 PM

The jury does appear to be going through all 18 counts and are looking at the documents which they have access to review. They could convict on some counts and not convict on some others. If there is confusion or lack of clarity or questionable evidence on a particular count, they may not convict on that one. Just speculating here, but it may not be all or nothing. The prosecution would see it as a victory if they can get a conviction on several of the counts.

by Anonymousreply 41August 17, 2018 3:39 PM

Very clever title, OP - up to now you have still failed to disappoint me! Thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 42August 17, 2018 3:43 PM

Yes, r41 but if not guilty on all counts, I want it to be overwhelmingly, like 17 to 1 or 16 to 2.

No wiggle room for Trump to crow about. Though he's already pretended Manafort was a temporary coffee boy.

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2018 3:54 PM

Observe the aggressive, pro-DJT activities of this Senator in pressuring the FBI and DOJ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2018 3:54 PM

Manafort is up to his bulging eyeballs in Russian Mafia entanglements. He fears for his life (whatever he has left) I think he prefers prison, where he will be more “protected “ than in outside world. But if orange asswipe does pardon him, it will allow Mueller to have him testify for Grand Jury without being able to plead the 5th. Manafort is fucked either way. A pardon is an admission of guilt. Trump is too stupid to know that. I predict Manafort suicide before end of year.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2018 4:03 PM

The Pentagon postponed Trump's military parade.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2018 4:07 PM

R45 I don't think that's how it works. I think he can only be forced to testify in a case related to what he was pardoned for. Further, he can't be forced to testify if the Federal crime he's pardoned for would incriminate him for charges that could be brought against him at the State level.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2018 4:08 PM

I think they "postponed" it, r46.

by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2018 4:10 PM

Bruce Ohr will be the next person fired.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2018 4:14 PM

R28, I’m in the process of reading Wilson’s book too. I’d hate for your comment to discourage others from reading it — of course he is no longer completely and utterly “in the know” — he isn’t a criminal and has rejected them. However, he represents someone who literally is as close as you can be to the inner workings without being a traitor AND if his party even survives, he and his kind are battling to regain power and control of the GOP. So either way, he’s a man worth following and reading. I don’t agree with his thoughts on policies at ALL, but I do believe he is a patriot. Too bad we can’t flip more bad asses like him to our side, we need more ruthlessness.

Also, Wilson is privy to gossip that the average Joe is not, and he’s alluded to it numerous times. He has stated there is MUCH much worse than the pee tapes, people are just sitting on it, but that’s a fact.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2018 4:15 PM

It doesnt matter if Trump pardons Manafort....Mueller has not filed any charges explicitly linked to Russian interference by the Trump campaign...YET. You can rest assured that Manafort will wish this were the worst of his worries when Mueller gets done with him.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2018 4:17 PM

Oh great! Now trump wants Betsy's brother to take over the war in Afghanistan.. A bunch of BLACK OPS carrying America's name into war. A bunch of murdering thugs, carrying our flag. Can trump take us any lower?

by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2018 4:20 PM

The military parade has in fact been canceled, not postponed like was announced last night.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Good lord, Erik Prince is talking to Andrea Mitchell right now in the studio on MSNBC. Making the case for privatization of the Afghanistan war. Why don’t the authorities just cuff him? Immediately?

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2018 4:25 PM

The Clinton Foundation is completely legit. There is nothing that trump is involved with, that is legitimate.

by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2018 4:26 PM

I agree, R55, but who are you responding to?

Did you see that segment of Sacha Baron Cohen’s show where they’re in Arizona(? NM?) and telling that assembled group of redneck citizens that they’re going to award the town millions of dollars to build a mosque, and the money is coming partially from The Clinton Foundation?! I died laughing.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2018 4:29 PM

Andrea Mitchell is really good. She’s making Erik Prince look very dishonest.

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2018 4:30 PM

So Ol' Spur Heels is trying to hire a private war machine after we just gave our military this huge spending spree? WTF? Is there something wrong with our military? Isn't it the largest on the planet? I'm concerned that our so-called leader has no confidence in the American soldier and the expertise of his generals.

by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Prince has been angling for Afghanistan since the campaign. Just look up stories about where all in the world he currently operates. He has a worldwide mercenary army already set up, and Trump is all for it because that's what he wants- a military loyal to no country and no constitution, just him.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2018 4:50 PM

R59 is right: Trump wants his own army. He's plenty confident that the Joint Chiefs of Staff hate him and have from the very beginning. (Remember how he ordered them to expel transgender people? They just shrugged him off).

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2018 4:56 PM

Erik Prince is a great patriot! Fifty billion saved on Pentagon loosers will fund new and improved parade! Huge and Major Anouncement coming soon! We will celebrate my beautiful American Heros!

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2018 4:57 PM

DJT, It's L O S E R S, not loosers, Are you "chocked"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2018 5:04 PM

Umh, that belle senator must be getting oligarch cash and cock.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2018 5:11 PM

I think we can all safely assume that Miz Lyndsey is an insatiable bottom. But he would be very unpleasant since he is so full of shit his butthole would be nearly impossible to cleanse sufficiently.

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2018 5:17 PM

The Senatrice is clearly on the take, being blackmailed and on the peen.

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2018 5:17 PM

R64 it needs a bleachin' honey.

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2018 5:20 PM

I HATE all these people.

What about you?

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2018 5:23 PM

R67 I hate them soooo much....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2018 5:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2018 6:00 PM

R67 I hope they die. I hope they die soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2018 6:05 PM

Hi, R35, beta blockers would help to mask the the effects of anxiety or the fear response that Manafort could encounter during a trial that may help place him in jail for the rest of his life. Beta blockers interact with the sympathetic nervous system receptors to prevent responses like shaking hands, thumping heart, and massive sweating.

If the jury sees a defendant who is nervous, sweaty, or otherwise displaying anxious behaviors, they can be biased against the presumption of his innocence. I don't know whether or not this is fair, but high-end trial lawyers will prepare their client extensively on courtroom behavior. That includes recommending the use of beta blockers, specifically Propranolol.

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Fuck the media giving Trump the attention when he threatens to take action. Fuck the media for giving this illegitmate piece of shit any attention at all beyond pointing out that he's a criminal who cheated his way into this illegitimate presidency thanks to his master Vladimir Putin.

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Trump's removal of security clearances may come back to bite him in the ass.

Deputy Yates, can you answer if the President engaged in treasonous activities before of after his inauguration?

Well, Mr. Chairman, I was not allowed to review my contemporaneous notes as to what was and was not classified because my security clearance was revoked, so I shall simply answer honestly as to my memory. The FBI provided me with a recording of the Lavrov / Kislyak meeting in the Oval Office where the president thanked the Kremlin for the social media assist and the NRA funding during the election, but Mr. Trump was insistent that they could have done more, and agreed to let Russia take full charge assisting Al-Assad in the crushing of the Syrian rebels rebels and was absolutely positive that he could grant Russia full annexation of Crimea. They then discussed future Trump Tower projects in Russia and Mr. Trump injected that the Israelis had intercepted ISIS bomb making capabilities disguised as laptop computers. Again, that is my recollection as I did not have access top my notes due to my clearance being revoked. Oh, and Ambassador Kislyakk asked about Supreme Court Justice Kennedy's son Justin and if Felix Sater was useful.

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2018 6:17 PM

Yesterday on MSNBC, I heard and anchor or guest say that NBC executives had listened to all of Omarosa's tapes and there were no new profound Revelations (paraphrasing). I was not listening closely and don't recall the afternoon show.

Did anyone else hear that? I was expecting at least one of her future tapes will be a game changer. Maybe Omarosa didn't share everything with NBC executives. Omarosa can act coy and overly dramatic, so my expectations are guarded.

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2018 6:20 PM

R74 I thought they were talking about that specific recording, The exec listened to the whole clip, but they were only playing parts of it on air.

by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2018 6:23 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2018 6:28 PM

Good god, how low will we go, r76?

by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2018 6:30 PM

I don't know what the big deal is about the recordings if they're weak sauce and aren't of sufficient value to supersede IC efforts to bring Cheetolini to justice. People boasted about having recordings (like Tom Arnold), but did they let the possibility of a Russian asset of Fat and Furious gaining the WH prompt them into releasing them before November 2016? No. They love attention and clickteasing more to sell their books and television programs than they love their country.

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2018 6:35 PM

I just want Trump in prison as soon as possible...before he causes the whole world to explode.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2018 6:41 PM

When they canceled trumps stupid, needless, military parade, I felt happy for one brief moment. For once, someone tapped him down. Thanks to the Mayor.

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2018 6:47 PM

The Mayor got him good.

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2018 6:48 PM

No r58, USA doesn't have the largest military. China is number one.

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2018 6:53 PM

Is there something wrong with our Military?

Uh.... they didn't give him his parade?

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2018 7:37 PM

For the Senate to do a resolution that they back the freedom of the press when it is the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, is bizarre.

What they needed to do is pass a resolution condemning Trump for his attacks on the freedom of the press and speech.

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2018 8:08 PM

Just heard on the news that the jury wants to leave at 5:00 today because one of them has a function to attend.

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2018 8:12 PM

Trump says Mueller has “conflicts”, which of course means Trump has conflicts.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2018 8:12 PM

R85, why isn't this jury sequestered? A function so they can go out and listen to Fox propaganda or other shit is not wise.

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2018 8:14 PM

Plus they'll have all weekend to do that, r87!

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2018 8:23 PM

R87, sequestration is now thought to be unwise in a lot of cases--isolating jurors may make them more emotional and stressed-out. It certainly didn't bring wisdom to the George Zimmerman jurors. It's worth remembering where this case is being tried, it's in an area with a lot of people who work for the federal government. It's not a given that the jurors are fools.

by Anonymousreply 89August 17, 2018 8:26 PM

Not to mention that Judge Ellis announced hes been threatened and now has protection from federal marshals.....what makes him believe that the jurors wont be targeted as well ?

by Anonymousreply 90August 17, 2018 8:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 17, 2018 8:50 PM

I did not see the show about building a Mosque, with Sachs. I would have liked to see the reaction...

by Anonymousreply 92August 17, 2018 9:04 PM

This Brennan thing seems to be escaping the understanding of the pundits. I'm watching MSNBC, and I'm mystified. A couple of them get it. One said he remembers that Trump was attacking the Intel community throughout his campaign. He was always negative on them. But they don't come to the correct conclusion IMO. Even though John Heilleman reminded people that Trump has been a money launderer for Russia for decades. The fact is, one of his missions as a Ptuin asset was to weaken and dismantle out Intelligence gathering operations. Trump is a fucking traitor. It's not a big leap. I have said it before, I'll keep saying it. The attacks on t he Intel people not just about the current Mueller investigation. The Mueller investigation is one part of it. But this is way bigger. Don't frame this as politics. It's about patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2018 9:16 PM

R93 I get it, and I agree! Keep posting this.

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2018 9:44 PM

Great point R93, you should be on Deadline White House!

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2018 9:49 PM

Great thinking, r93. I have a question for you because I think you are better equipped to answer it than me.

Your point reminds me of the question pundits were asking during the Republican primaries: "If Trump were a Clinton plant, what would he be doing differently?"

I see your point when rephrased in this fashion as being: "If Trump were a Putin asset, what would he be doing differently?"

The answer to both questions is obviously "he would be doing nothing differently."

Importantly, however, the answer to each question can be correct without the premise of the question being true.

So what would support your premise being true?

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2018 10:03 PM

Common sense?

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2018 10:18 PM

slow clap for r93.

I have to wonder why Brennan himself hasn't come right out and said this? Not like he has anything to lose at this point.

by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2018 10:36 PM

I'm hoping R93 that it will be mentioned tonight on Real Time.

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2018 10:40 PM

John Brennan will be on Rachel tonight. What do you think they’re gonna talk about? Golfing tips? The new Broadway season?

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2018 11:05 PM

Bannon will be on with Ari Melber at 10......If Ari were half the journalist he thinks he is, he will drill Bannon about Cambridge Analytica and Brexit.....Bannons in some deep shit over there....and rest assured, hes in this deep with us as well.

by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2018 11:34 PM

Ari is on with Chris Matthews now plugging his special at 10 ....apparently, his gives Bannon free platform for his rhetoric.....no big questions asked......Melber is such a fucking lightweight....I used to like him.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2018 11:39 PM

r102 I won't be watching. I hope the ratings plunge to zero.

by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2018 11:44 PM

Brennan has come as close to the line as he can on all of this. He can't divulge classified info, but he has made it more than clear that Trump is a Russian asset and a traitor. Clapper, in his quiet way, has been signally the same for months. He has said Russia swung the election to Trump. He has said Putin is handling Trump like an asset. He basically said Trump is a traitor just outright one night on CNN, and I thought this will change things. This is the moment.

And Don Lemon just moved on to the next segment and nobody else in the press even mentioned it.

These former intel guys can't get much clearer than they already have, and they've been trying to warn the public for over a year. The POTUS is a foreign agent, the Republicans in Congress are currently representing Moscow and the press just can't seem to connect the dots. It's infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2018 11:51 PM

Thats like that fucking bubble head Katy Tur....I dont know whos worse, her or Chuck Todd, another idiot.....anyway, today there was a panel and they started talking about Trumps collusion with Russia, and she cut them off and stated...and made very clear that there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE that Trump or his campaign has colluded with Russia. Do these people even pay attention to the news that they report ? A monkey can see there was collusion,,,Junior, Papadapolous, Page, Cohen, Kushner, etc.....theres even fucking emails spelling it all out FFS.

by Anonymousreply 105August 18, 2018 12:08 AM

I wish I could say I'm surprised r105, but honestly I'm not.

by Anonymousreply 106August 18, 2018 12:13 AM

Congress is not doing its job. A few dozen of them are co-collaborators or co-obstructionists. The Senate majority, McTurtle, has been on oligarch take big-time. .

by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2018 12:18 AM

Why MSNBC has Chuck Todd doing MTP daily needs an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2018 12:21 AM

[quote] DJT: “look, i say it, i say it again...no collusion“

I despise the idea that repeating a lie makes it not a lie. Especially when the speaker seems to think his reputation gives his lie some kind of authority.

I hate when my intelligence is insulted this way.

by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2018 12:22 AM

I still don’t understand what a “reasonable doubt” is.

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2018 12:32 AM

Sentencing proposal for George Papadopoulos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2018 12:35 AM

[quote] Brennan has come as close to the line as he can on all of this. He can't divulge classified info, but he has made it more than clear that Trump is a Russian asset and a traitor.

Did you notice in his op ed he refers to the abomination as Mr. Trump? He didn't win the election - Brennan is signaling. What is sad is that the IC seems to have so little power to stop him, unless they are biding their time so they can bring the entire house of cards down on the heads of all the Russian assets in our government, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2018 12:39 AM

[quote] R52: Oh great! Now trump wants Betsy's brother to take over the war in Afghanistan.. A bunch of BLACK OPS carrying America's name into war. A bunch of murdering thugs, carrying our flag. Can trump take us any lower?

My personal feeling is that, in a democracy, war should be prosecuted democratically. Even if that means a new draft. If “The People” are against that, then the war should not be executed. It’s a kind of check on governmental power. In addition, I think it’s important for everyone to have some shared experiences. This is why I’m against private prisons, too.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2018 12:55 AM

R112, I think the IC is biding its time. Mueller won't make his final move until there is no escape for Trump and everyone who conspired with him from the consequences of stealing the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2018 12:57 AM

I wish that were the case, r112, and it might be.

As the link below suggests, the Times refers to an incumbent president with the title on first mention and Mr. on subsequent mentions. The title of Brennan's op-ed includes "President" Trump. However, I'm not sure how headlines and titles fit into the convention the Times uses in referencing a president.

Does anyone know if Brennan has ignored this convention by using Mr. on the first mention in the body of his writing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 18, 2018 12:59 AM

[quote] R58: Is there something wrong with our military? Isn't it the largest on the planet? I'm concerned that our so-called leader has no confidence in the American soldier and the expertise of his generals.

It was larger than the next 10 countries’ militaries combined. It might have slipped to only larger than the next 7 - 8, after the funding reductions of the Obama years.

Russia, China, the UK, and France each have one aircraft carrier. The US has 10 to 19, depending on how you count.

I don’t believe that Trump knows anything about the military, and has learned nothing in the past 1.5 years.

by Anonymousreply 116August 18, 2018 1:03 AM

Remember when Trump proposed that our IC work with Russia’s IC to better prepare to keep hackers out of critical systems, from, you know, the Russians?

Previously, he proposed something else that was similar. I think it was joint military exercises. In any event, it is like giving a thief a key to your house. What a fool this President is.

by Anonymousreply 117August 18, 2018 1:06 AM

So far, John Brennan has not once referred to Trump in any other way than "Mr. Trump" in his interview with Rachel Maddow, ongoing now.

by Anonymousreply 118August 18, 2018 1:06 AM

Just came here to post that too, r118

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2018 1:09 AM

The Chinese Army has more personnel (almost 3 million, vs. the US, slightly over 2 million), but the US has more assets in terms of aircraft, ships, weapons, etc. It is thought that China might spend as much as the US on its army, but its official numbers are much lower. Also I think it has a mandatory military service component, which the US does not as a volunteer army

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2018 1:24 AM

Trump is going to go ballistic over the Brennan interview - his very, very courteous contempt for Trump just oozes from every pore.

by Anonymousreply 121August 18, 2018 1:26 AM

Brennan just said about Trump, "He's drunk on power."

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2018 1:31 AM

He's drunk with love.

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2018 1:35 AM

[quote]Did you notice in his op ed he refers to the abomination as Mr. Trump?

That was the first thing I noticed in his Op Ed

by Anonymousreply 124August 18, 2018 1:37 AM

Mister Broidy.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 18, 2018 1:45 AM

John Brennan was certainly very articulate on Rachel tonight. Contrast that with the poor manner with which the President speaks. Unless he’s reading off a TelePrompTer, as poorly he does with that. When he speaks extemporaneously, he can’t finish a sentence or train of thought without veering off into angry rants against the bugaboo of the day.

by Anonymousreply 126August 18, 2018 1:49 AM

Trumps’ speeches and body language at his rallies always reminds me of the guy at the link.

They both ranted.

Chronic Liers.

Both think that their people have failed them and are not worthy.

Both think they are stable geniuses.

Both had charisma.

Both fabricate and inflame hatred against their other countrymen; and against foreign countries, including friends and allies.

Both were narcissists, with infantile insecurity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 18, 2018 2:08 AM

Didn't one of his wives say he keeps a book of Hitler's speeches on the bedside table?

by Anonymousreply 128August 18, 2018 2:19 AM

R128, no. Ivana Trump said that Donald kept a copy of “Mein Kampf” on his bedside table.

by Anonymousreply 129August 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Brennan filleted Dump good on Maddow.

He pretty much laid it out there. At times, you could tell he wanted to say everything he knows but would say that is what Mueller is looking in to. He so knows Mueller has Dump for treason.

by Anonymousreply 130August 18, 2018 2:47 AM

R130, explain what Brennan meant when he said something like “Trump’s actions were nothing short of treasonous“. I guess that means that his actions were treasonous. He used an odd turn of phrase, though.

by Anonymousreply 131August 18, 2018 3:04 AM

r131 I think he wants to get the "treason" word out there without claiming Dump is treasonous. He clearly knows he is but he wants it to come from Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 132August 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Brennan perjured himself while testifying to the Senate about spying on Senate aides when the Intelligence Committee was conducting oversight of the CIA. So he is not a giant of credibility.

by Anonymousreply 133August 18, 2018 3:07 AM

Maybe so, but Brennan is more credible than anyone in the entire Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 134August 18, 2018 3:13 AM

I have never seen a former CIA director behave in such a partisan manner. Former Communist Brennan deserves to have his security clearance revoked. And he's lying when he says it violates his First Amendment rights. He's been shooting of his mouth on every cable channel but the Home Shopping Network. But no one has arrested him. There is no Constitutional right to a Federal Security Clearance.

by Anonymousreply 135August 18, 2018 3:16 AM

Jesus Christ R125, each of these GOP fuckers is uglier than the next.

by Anonymousreply 136August 18, 2018 3:18 AM

Yet Jared Kushner has one, R135, and if you think Brennan should have his revoked, I'm quite sure you feel the same about J-red, komrade. Cause if anyone is a threat to our national security it's that overextended twink.

by Anonymousreply 137August 18, 2018 3:22 AM

I wish Romney had run again. I'd rather have him than T any day. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 138August 18, 2018 3:22 AM

But not with Paul Ryan, that lying selfish fuck.

by Anonymousreply 139August 18, 2018 3:23 AM

Bill Maher’s show discussed treason, I’m glad we are hearing this word more. He is a treasonous dick.

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2018 3:27 AM

R137 Please, Jared Kushner works for the government, John Brennan no longer does. There is no purpose in Brennan still having a security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2018 3:28 AM

R140 Are you kidding me? Bill Maher said that the suicide bombers who crashed into the Twin Towers on 9/11 were heroic. He has some nerve talking about treason.

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2018 3:30 AM

Oh dear, must be morning in Moscow, the trolls are here! *snicker*

Actually, they are up a little early. You know that broke ass country can't pay them overtime. They must be slaves. Poor Russians, their country is in the shitter and all they can do is most their BS over the world as tears stream down their dead eyed face.

by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2018 3:33 AM

R142 he did not say they were ‘heroic’ dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2018 3:34 AM

Treason! treason! Treason! Trump sold us out and his Russian buddies hacked and stole the election. The truth is coming out!

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2018 3:36 AM

R141, what about Bruce Ohr? He’s next—his clearance will be stripped the next time Trump needs to distract from an Omarosa tape. Bruce Ohr is currently at DoJ.

How do you feel about Trump saying Ohr is next? Or the rest of the people on the list?

How do you feel about Trump doing this each time they want to take the news back from Omarosa? Cannot WAIT to hear your defense of this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2018 3:37 AM

I think there is a fine line Brennan was attempting to draw between treasonous behavior, and the conscious committing of an act of treason. He was saying the behavior was treasonous but not that it rose to the level of the legal definition of treason. I later watched Prete Bahara on Maher (no ari melber for me) and Preet said we need to be careful about throwing the word around. Maher wanted to call it Treason but Preet cautioned against t hat. Again for legal reasons. He also said, FIGURATIVeLY, the old proverb about, "be careful when you shoot at the king. Don't miss."

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2018 3:38 AM

R143 I;m not Russian, I am one of the millions of gay men who voted for Trump and would do it again. There are far, far more of us than you can ever imagine.

by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2018 3:38 AM

That’s what I understood Brennan to be saying, R147. I was surprised Maddow didn’t get his meaning.

by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2018 3:39 AM

R148, we are well aware that there are many extremely stupid gay men out there.

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2018 3:39 AM

I seriously doubt R148 is "one of millions of Gay men. " LOLOL! In fact this comment confrims his stupidity and lac of familiarity with our community. Fuck off Troll.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2018 3:41 AM

R148 guess even some gay men can be racist and self loathing enough to vote for a treasonous lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Someone was on MSNBC earlier, he has just published a book about Trump and his long history with Russia, money laundering, etc. According to him, if Trump hadn't been elected president, there is no way he would ever be able to get his own security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2018 3:42 AM

Hello Russian trolls, enjoy this Putin gay clown pic that is illegal in your country....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2018 3:45 AM

The idea that gay men voted in disproportionate numbers for Trump is pretty laughable.

62 million Trump votes, and more than 2 million of them were gay men?

Meanwhile I’m still waiting for a response to my query about the Enemies List that Trump is going to be working his way through, stripping clearances whenever he needs to distract from Omarosa. What’s up, R141?

by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2018 3:45 AM

lol...Gay men were one of the the best Demographics for Hillary next to Black women, Latinas, Pacific Islanders, and Jewish women.

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2018 3:49 AM

The press has gotten a little wiser to his distraction game. They cover his latest distraction but still continues to cover whatever he was trying to distract from. He is getting predictable in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 157August 18, 2018 3:49 AM

Wasn't there a Bannon interview today?

by Anonymousreply 158August 18, 2018 3:52 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159August 18, 2018 4:02 AM

It drives me crazy how US mainstream media totally fell for the story that "Sloppy Steve" was banished from the WH after the Michael Wolff book, a total enemy, etc. Total reality-TV bullshit. Bannon has been working for him continuously the whole time, from outside the WH. It's so obvious, but the WaPo won't say it. It's mind-bottling.

by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2018 4:02 AM

R128, Yes, Ivana told a lawyer about the book of speeches. Tina Brown also mentioned it in her book Vanity Fair Diaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2018 4:03 AM

[quote]Good lord, Erik Prince is talking to Andrea Mitchell right now in the studio on MSNBC. Making the case for privatization of the Afghanistan war.

Whew! Andrea must be SO RELIEVED Hillary Clinton isn't President, huh? Her years-long campaign of shitting all over Hillary finally pays off! Hillary would NEVER think of hiring Erik Prince and then we'd NEVER have the good fortune to hear him out and all of his wonderful plans!

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2018 4:19 AM

R110, “reasonable doubt” refers to the reasonable person standard. That is, would a reasonable person believe it to be so?

Here’s an example of something that happened in a real court case. I served on the jury.

An inexpensive family restaurant was missing some money from the night before. Three employees had access to the money before it was dropped into a lockbox. One, a Mexican worker. Low paid, with a sick father who needed an operation. He told a private detective the company hired that he was guilty and signed a statement saying he was guilty.

Two, a white female coworker, a pretty young girl.

Three, the middle aged female manager.

Here’s the “reasonable doubt”:

The private detective never interviewed the two women, other than to ask the young corworker if she knew what happened. She said no. That was the end of her questioning.

The manager was assumed to be innocent with no questioning, even though the policy of two employees counting the money together wasn’t followed and the manager was the last one to touch it. The manager also had health troubles and a lot of related bills, and was very low paid. She didn’t make a lot more than the employees and had a lot of debt.

The detective told the Mexican worker if he pled guilty and signed the statement admitting his guilt, he would be allowed to keep his job and the money would be deducted from his check until it was all paid. He needed his job so he agreed. The detective admitted to this on the stand.

The Mexican employee was kept handcuffed and locked in a trailer by the detective until he signed the statement and the police came to pick him up. He was not allowed to consult with an attorney or any other person. He was not allowed to leave. He was not read his rights. As a Mexican national, he didn’t understand he wasn’t yet under arrest and thought the detective was an officer of the law.

The pretty young girl was a party girl who had recently spent a lot of money on pot and was broke.

Who did it?

I sure as hell don’t know. The mostly white jury was outraged and came back with not guilty almost immediately. It was unanimous from the beginning.

Why? The prosecution didn’t do their homework. The other two women were never seriously questioned by anyone. And the Mexican was coerced to confess. The jury was so pissed they were ready to spit nails. The second we got in the room, it was filled with outbursts from various jury members who thought the kid was railroaded.

The “reasonable doubt” in that case was in part because of the detective’s behavior. He committed false inprisonment. He had no right to lock that kid up. He wasn’t a cop. He had no right to demand repayment. He had no right to trick the kid into signing a confession by promising he could keep his job. He scared the shit out of that kid and made him think confessing would solve all his problems. Instead, he was arrested.

The detective tainted the case by his behavior. And by the end, the jury realized both women had at least as much motive as the kid.

The jury listened extremely carefully to everything. Several said they had headaches from all the concentrating. You couldn’t let your mind wander for a moment, for hours on end. They took it extremely seriously and did not want to convict when there was “reasonable doubt.”

In a court case, the reasonable doubt comes in because a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty. The default is always that he’s innocent. So, we say there is reasonable doubt that he is guilty. The jury can’t convict if they have reasonable doubt that the case is proven. If they think someone else did it, if they think there’s no evidence a crime was committed, above all, of there is insufficient evidence. If the prosecution doesn’t prove the defendants guilt to their satisfaction, there is reasonable doubt.

Not 100%, God’s hand comes down from the sky and He says, “he’s guilty!” That’s never going to happen. But does a reasonable person think the case wasn’t proven?

by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2018 4:24 AM

The thing that's scary is that the country is so polarised right now, a juror might say he's innocent just because the President has said so and Fox News and other right wing media are all saying it's a witch hunt. I don't know why the jury wasn't sequestered.

by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2018 6:00 AM

I don't believe sequestered works anymore. People are too stupid and way too easy to manipulate. They remember what's being said in the past about such high profile people like Manafort and it influences them most definitely.

by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2018 6:05 AM

This is just a hunch, and in this case, I hope I'm right. Unlike, say, West Virginia, isn't Trump generally unpopular in Virginia? And do we know the racial breakdown of the jury members? I doubt it's 12 white guys. And certainly not wealthy and entitled, otherwise they'd have figured a way to get out of jury duty. If anything, Manafort's wealth alone will have pissed them off. Despite all the unbelievable things we've witnessed during this "Presidency", I can't comprehend "not guilty".

by Anonymousreply 166August 18, 2018 6:40 AM

R166

by Anonymousreply 167August 18, 2018 9:13 AM

Miz Lindzey looks pregnant. That's impossible.

by Anonymousreply 168August 18, 2018 10:43 AM

Maybe we could have a “Let’s be Russian Troll Farm Trolls” thread. The trolls could earn their rations posting in it and we could have peace on Dataounge.

by Anonymousreply 169August 18, 2018 12:04 PM

Well I'm hoping the jurors, whoever they are, feel some sense of personal injustice about a guy who can blow through millions of dollars and lie and cheat to get bank loans in the tens of millions. A guy who lies to the IRS etc. Because that ought to hit home with most people. People who have struggled, applied for loans, etc.

What worries me even more is Trump trying to influence the jury! Trump may have seemed erratic but I've decided that he does nothing without some calculation. He was pretty obviously trying to influence the fucking jury this week with what he said about Manafort less than 48 hrs ago while they were in their 2nd day of deliberation.

His comments to the Media about Manafort being a "very good person" and even though "he only worked for me for a very short time" etc. what's happening to him is "Sad!" etc.etc. He keeps screaming on the roof tops about the corrupt FBI and the Intel community all ganging up on him, and the investigation being a hoax.

by Anonymousreply 170August 18, 2018 12:09 PM

Yeah the crazy bit is that in his eyes, any findings of guilt from the Mueller investigation, even if not pointing at him, validate the investigation. So he will try to sabotage other legitimate cases because it makes his narrative about "the best people" and the whole investigation look more legitimate than Trump says it is. Pure narcissism and self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 171August 18, 2018 12:36 PM

R142, if you are going to troll, at least try to use facts to do so. Otherwise, your small brain will be pulverized on these threads.

by Anonymousreply 172August 18, 2018 12:37 PM

R170 Should a sitting president really be commenting publicly on an ongoing court case that involves a past associate! I can't imagine any legitimate politician who wouldn't know to avoid doing this.

by Anonymousreply 173August 18, 2018 1:12 PM

JFC R163, that's horrible. It probably happens all the time too.

by Anonymousreply 174August 18, 2018 1:13 PM

Lol at R135 calling Brennan “partisan.”

The word you are looking for is PATRIOTIC.

Trolls still don’t get the spirit of true Americans—being loyal to our republic first and foremost.

The further Trump and his Russpublicans stray from American ideals and values, the more criticism they’re getting. It has nothing to do with being “partisan.”

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2018 1:55 PM

Sidebar: Later today I'm going to search and see if there's an online meditation group to join that's focused on strengthening all efforts for Tre45onous Dump's removal.

He's getting more dangerous every day: calling journalists the enemy of the people; revoking security clearances; discrediting Mueller ' s investigation; trying to influence the Manafort trial.... and on and on.

Collective consciousness is powerful and I need to feel like I'm doing something.

by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2018 2:23 PM

R176 that’s a great idea! I need to put my anger and energy somewhere—that’s perfect.

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2018 2:31 PM

There are plenty of threads for Putty infiltrators to post and can comment freely: Kelly Anne's Pussy, Sarah's Pussy, Karen's Pussy, Miss Lindsay's Pussy, Jenine's Pussy, etc. They can stick within those parameters along with the trans-hate inflamers, some of which are also Poottinites.

by Anonymousreply 178August 18, 2018 2:48 PM

NOW a warning???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 18, 2018 3:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 18, 2018 3:42 PM

It's kind of funny that Omorosa's book has been stuck at #2 behind some lifestyle book called "Girl, Wash yo Face". Still, for two weeks it's been number two on Amazon's bestseller list.

I think she is the Canary in the coal mine. She bailed on Trump and other insiders will be watching her to see how to do it. She's opened the floodgates.

by Anonymousreply 181August 18, 2018 4:35 PM

If the jury comes back ‘not guilty’ I’m never paying taxes again. What’s the point?

by Anonymousreply 182August 18, 2018 4:36 PM

R179 Corker isn't worth shit. He made sure he voted for the tax cut legislation from which he personally gained a windfall. In the millions. (He's a real estate developer.) and while he stands there and talks a good game, like Jeff flake, neither of them are worth a bucket of warm spit. They vote with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 183August 18, 2018 4:46 PM

Yeah, you have to look at what they actually do, not what they say. McCain is (usually) the same way.

by Anonymousreply 184August 18, 2018 5:00 PM

R169

Per your request.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 18, 2018 6:15 PM

[bold]NYT: Don McGahn has cooperated extensively with Mueller[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186August 18, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote] For a lawyer to share so much with investigators scrutinizing his client is unusual, but Mr. McGahn views his role as protecting the presidency, not the president.

Yay!

by Anonymousreply 187August 18, 2018 7:01 PM

R174, the hilarious thing about that case was that the jury was all white except one black guy who was a career military man, retired. The rest were all very conservative looking white people, with conservative professions. Retirees, housewives, office workers. A lot of men. The prosecution obviously thought they had a slam dunk. When that jury door shut it was like you were at a meeting of the ACLU. A lot of outrage at the injustice of it all.

After the verdict was read, the jury filed past the defendant, who thanked each one sincerely. And several of the jurors wished him good luck as they went out that door.

Don’t give up hope yet.

by Anonymousreply 188August 18, 2018 7:04 PM

r186, that's an amazing bit of reporting. I think that stories like that scare the Trump team (mainly Trump himself) into making unforced errors.

by Anonymousreply 189August 18, 2018 7:33 PM

Thanks R185!

by Anonymousreply 190August 18, 2018 7:48 PM

R163, thanks!

by Anonymousreply 191August 18, 2018 7:50 PM

[quote] R170: Well I'm hoping the jurors, whoever they are, feel some sense of personal injustice about a guy who can blow through millions of dollars and lie and cheat to get bank loans in the tens of millions. A guy who lies to the IRS etc.

Well, I wonder. My brother in law cheats on his taxes, in a big way; and he’s a habitual liar. So, I’m not sure. I know he voted for Trump. He might admire Trump for being successful at being a liar and cheat. So, your premise might be off, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 192August 18, 2018 7:59 PM

Trump says not paying taxes makes you smart! I can’t convict someone for being smart! Being smart is not a crime!

by Anonymousreply 193August 18, 2018 8:10 PM

I sat on a jury in a case that was clear to me and could not believe how a couple of others who heard all the same information simply dismissed most of it or appeared not to hear it at all.

The defendant was a parolee drug crazy up for beating and badly injuring his girlfriend then resisting arrest. If the majority of us didn't hold our ground those fools would have let him off. We were able to get him convicted on lesser charges but it was very frustrating experience. The jurors who were flaky brought a lot of personal bias to the table.

by Anonymousreply 194August 18, 2018 8:17 PM

I'm sure that Mueller's prosecutors scrutinized the jury list carefully, and listened closely to the answers from potential jurors to weed out bias (and craziness) as the jury selection began.

by Anonymousreply 195August 18, 2018 8:23 PM

The defense also gets to screen jurors.

In the OJ murder trial, the prosecution pushed for women. The defence pushed for black jurors. The result was predominantly non-college educated, black female jury. The one white female juror was a young, college educated flight attendant.

by Anonymousreply 196August 18, 2018 8:37 PM

r195 Ellis rushed jury selection and they were chosen and seated in a little over half a day after filling out some questionnaires the week before.

r170 The jury already has had plenty of time to be influenced because not only weren't they sequestered, they were allowed to roam around freely in the halls and cafeteria with spectators and reporters. Ken Dilanian from NBC said he'd never seen anything like it before.

Ellis is either a nutcase or was bribed. Reporters telling us he's always like this and his behavior is fine are full of shit. He has done everything possible to get a not guilty verdict. Now we just have to trust the jury will ignore his bias.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 18, 2018 8:38 PM

[quote] Ellis is either a nutcase or was bribed. This R197. Mr Ellis is another aging white man suffering from post-Obama shock syndrome who worships Trump, or someone needs to check his bank statements.

by Anonymousreply 198August 18, 2018 9:02 PM

That judge is a real piece of work. I don't care if this is the way he "always is", he's got his own little fiefdom and doesn't seem interested in justice.

by Anonymousreply 199August 18, 2018 9:05 PM

Ellis is a Reagan appointee. That alone calls into question his mental competency.

by Anonymousreply 200August 18, 2018 9:14 PM

Listen. If Ellis' behavior results in a not guilty verdict, you can believe he will be investigated to within an inch of his life and quietly decide to step down and retire. I have a feeling the Mueller guys aren't fucking around. Always remember. The indictments of the 12 GRU agents, Russian Intelligence agents were handed down just days before the Orange Turd met wit Putin. And you KNOW Putin was pissed off. Not only was he pissed off, but probably livid at the amount of detail in the indictment. WHich is why he probably exerted even more pressure then he already had on Trump blowing up our Intel people. Brennan and the rest.

by Anonymousreply 201August 18, 2018 9:36 PM

R201 that might be true but it doesn't mean Ellis didn't try it. Just look at our friend the Senatrice... she seems to have no fucks to give.

by Anonymousreply 202August 18, 2018 9:41 PM

I declare what do you mean? I am in New Jersey this weekend again to play golf with my President and we will later have dinner with Levin and Hannity. We are all good friends. Listen to Fox News Sunday to hear my report.

by Anonymousreply 203August 18, 2018 10:13 PM

As WH counsel McGahn is a public employee of the Executive branch. None of his communication with the President ever falls under attorney-cllient privilege, because the President is not his client. The fun thing is that Trump may not have realized this until now. If he even realizes it now.

by Anonymousreply 204August 18, 2018 10:14 PM

r148. According to very careful polling, less than 14% of gay men voted for Trump. Given that self-identified gay men are probably no more than 1% or so of the total population, that means that there are about 3.5 million of us. 14% of 3.5 million equals about 490,000 votes. Try again. In the past, Russians had a good reputation in mathematics and science. Don't ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 205August 18, 2018 10:16 PM

McGahn is smart for giving willing and cooperative interviews with Mueller since last November.

John Dean said it was smart.

McGahn doesn't want to go down with Trump and cohorts over the Russian mess.

by Anonymousreply 206August 18, 2018 10:28 PM

Has there ever been an indictment with a million charges? That's what it feels like it's going to have to be with all the shit these people are guilty of.

by Anonymousreply 207August 18, 2018 10:30 PM

This Republican controlled Congress would never have tolerated the shit Trump does if it was anyone else, including Republicans, being President. This Congress may have two dozen or slightly more that are compromised as it pertains to this Russian saga. Those known, need to be on circulated lists. Credible investigative journalists need to be showing the names.

by Anonymousreply 208August 18, 2018 10:39 PM

In June 2017 Omarosa invited the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) to visit the White House, signing the invitation as "the Honorable Omarosa Manigault".

Some members of the CBC took exception to her use of the title, which is neither customary for political aides nor typically self-applied.

The CBC ultimately declined the invitation.

by Anonymousreply 209August 18, 2018 10:39 PM

So there we have it.

McGahn is cooperating with Mueller.

Mueller is just waiting for the midterms.

Waiting to see what Trump will do after the midterms.

Will the Republicans move to impeach and remove him before 01.03.2019 so at least they keep President Pence?

What will Trump do once he realizes that he is a cornered rabid dog?

W Bush may have been bad but he was NEVER this entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 210August 18, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]the President is not his client. The fun thing is that Trump may not have realized this until now. If he even realizes it now.

Please. This is the same man who thought Aretha Franklin worked for him.

by Anonymousreply 211August 18, 2018 11:16 PM

This is hardly the clown with his pans falling down, r210.....

by Anonymousreply 212August 18, 2018 11:22 PM

Rabid dogs do not know they are rabid r212.

W. knew he was perceived as a moron.

by Anonymousreply 213August 18, 2018 11:25 PM

[quote] Ellis rushed jury selection and they were chosen and seated in a little over half a day after filling out some questionnaires the week before.

Yes, but, the lawyers for the government and the defense may have received the list of potential jurors before the morning of jury selection, and that way could do some investigation of the members of the jury pool. I don't know what the practice is in the ED of Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 214August 18, 2018 11:32 PM

I could not watch Bannon and I have no idea why Ari had the racist on, he should be ashamed of himself.

by Anonymousreply 215August 18, 2018 11:43 PM

Bannon was shilling a movie.

Back to the White Supremacist graveyard for him.

by Anonymousreply 216August 18, 2018 11:48 PM

Why the fuck did the jury need the weekend off? The whole country is waiting and they are off to a barbaque. That's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 217August 18, 2018 11:54 PM

Did McGahn have any choice but to cooperate?

[quote]The appeals court ruled that the primary duty of White House lawyers is to uphold the law, not to protect the president. “When an executive branch attorney is called before a federal grand jury to give evidence about alleged crimes within the executive branch, reason and experience, duty, and tradition dictate that the attorney shall provide that evidence,” the D.C. Circuit said. “With respect to investigations of federal criminal offenses, and especially offenses committed by those in government, government attorneys stand in a far different position from members of the private bar. Their duty is not to defend clients against criminal charges and it is not to protect wrongdoers from public exposure. The constitutional responsibility of the president, and all members of the executive branch, is to ‘take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 19, 2018 12:07 AM

R218, in light of that, you have to wonder what was the point of today's NY Times article about McGahn. The article suggested that McGahn had given Mueller extraordinary access because Trump's first legal team had erroneously permitted it. Is Trump going to try to limit Mueller's reliance on evidence from McGahn? I don't think he can do that--once the cat's out of the bag, it's out of bag.

by Anonymousreply 219August 19, 2018 12:14 AM

Maggie tweeted that since Cobb took over no one at White House - even Kelly - has been allowed to voluntarily talk to Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 220August 19, 2018 12:24 AM

R219 someone in another forum suggested that because Maggie was a part of that NYT article it was an attempt to make it look like Dotard and staff were cooperating.

I don't see how they concluded that though.

by Anonymousreply 221August 19, 2018 12:26 AM

R221 Because Maggie is a known Trump shill? Nothing she is connected with can be considered journalism without ulterior motives.

by Anonymousreply 222August 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 223August 19, 2018 12:49 AM

If you decide you want to talk to the Special Prosecutor you don't need anyone's permission. Cobb or whomever may tell you you shouldn't or that you better not, etc. but no one can legally stop you. And if you decide to talk to him, you'd be a damned fool to announce it. The point is, if you feel like you have a REASON to call the SP and voluntarily ask for an appointment, then you are not going to be running around asking for permission.

by Anonymousreply 224August 19, 2018 1:32 AM

Ty Cobb no longer works for Trump. He has been replaced by Emmet Flood, a lawyer who previously defended Bill Clinton during his impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 225August 19, 2018 1:43 AM

r225 I guess that is better than Emmet Honeycutt.

by Anonymousreply 226August 19, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]Ty Cobb no longer works for Trump. He has been replaced by Emmet Flood, a lawyer who previously defended Bill Clinton during his impeachment.

Which is hilarious considering that Drumpf tried to imply that Cohen's use of a former Clinton Attorney proved Cohen's guilt.

by Anonymousreply 227August 19, 2018 2:09 AM

Haberman and Schmidt are mouthpieces for the administration and Roger Stone. I wouldn't trust anything those two put in print. Marcy Wheeler thinks McGahn has actually been tangled up with Stone and Cohen for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 19, 2018 2:55 AM

I want a Roger Stone indictment very, very badly.

by Anonymousreply 229August 19, 2018 3:11 AM

I can't wait until DJT pardons his son. Constitutional crisis!

by Anonymousreply 230August 19, 2018 3:19 AM

[quote]It's worth remembering where this case is being tried, it's in an area with a lot of people who work for the federal government. It's not a given that the jurors are fools.

Not all federal employees are National Science Foundation program administrators. Many are sows at the trough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 19, 2018 3:54 AM

I've said it before. We don't need Mueller's report to justify a proceeding of Impeachment. One thing is certain. If the Democrats take over both Houses next year, even if they decide not to impeach that imbecile, they will most assuredly curb him, and box him in, and they will not ignore malfeasance by members of his cabinet. Nor will they ignore irregularities in various departments of government. They will hold real hearings and really investigate stuff. We'll have close to a functioning government again. At least Congress will function.

by Anonymousreply 232August 19, 2018 4:04 AM

[quote]It was larger than the next 10 countries’ militaries combined. It might have slipped to only larger than the next 7 - 8, after the funding reductions of the Obama years.

Everything about the U.S. military in that sentence is false, which a 10-second Google search will show anyone.

by Anonymousreply 233August 19, 2018 4:08 AM

I still feel that Mueller is just treading water until after the midterms.

After the Midterms, I think he will start with more low level indictments.

Just enough to keep Trump thinking he is not the focus of the investigation.

Then after 01.03.2019 we will see Pence get the star treatment.

Mueller knows hoe to cut ALL the heads off of a Hydra.

by Anonymousreply 234August 19, 2018 5:36 AM

I believe deeply in the rule of law and due process, at the same time I fantasize about a flying guillotine

by Anonymousreply 235August 19, 2018 5:44 AM

R233, you are simply wrong. I'm not sure why you'd throw such a hissy fit over something you are wrong about. These are the numbers for 2017 that show that we outspent the next seven countries combined. With Trump's increases, it's probably the next eight to ten countries now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 19, 2018 6:43 AM

[quote]It was larger than the next 10 countries’ militaries combined. It might have slipped to only larger than the next 7 - 8, after the funding reductions of the Obama years.

Oh, you meant military budget. You should have said that instead.

by Anonymousreply 237August 19, 2018 1:07 PM

The NY Times article stated that Mueller told McGahn that he would not indict a sitting president. Part of me hopes that there are some conditions to this statement. Like when the President is a compromised foreign asset.

by Anonymousreply 238August 19, 2018 1:30 PM

[quote]This is hardly the clown with his pans falling down, [R210].....

[quote]—or the dance that's a dream of romance

Maybe so, but a ghost and a prince meet and everyone ends in mincemeat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 19, 2018 1:36 PM

r238....pay attention to the source....Schmidt and Haberman.....you know damn well there is some spin in there to placate Trump....ol Maggie plays a game with Trump in exchange for access....has for years and has deep ties to Trump and family.....so I would take at least 50 % of that article with a very large grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 240August 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Discussion in a college sports forum:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Whoever Lt. Col. Ralph Peters is, I assume he's retired from the military, he is excoriating Cadet Bone Spurs on CNN's "Reliable Sources."

He's in thrall to a hostile foreign power. There's no other explanation for it.

They said the colonel resigned from Fox earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 242August 19, 2018 3:22 PM

[quote]Jared Kushner works for the government

Does he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 19, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote]Miz Lindzey looks pregnant. That's impossible.

Honey, ya'll know ah loves me a challenge an' ah gotta keep tryin'.

by Anonymousreply 244August 19, 2018 3:26 PM

R241 those southern sports forums are usually full of assholes. If even they suspect Graham is being blackmailed....then it is obvious to every one.

by Anonymousreply 245August 19, 2018 3:34 PM

[quote] Jared Kushner works for the government

But which government?

by Anonymousreply 246August 19, 2018 3:40 PM

"Truth isn't Truth !!! "

-Rudy Giuliani

by Anonymousreply 247August 19, 2018 3:46 PM

Mrs. John Dean have took off her earrings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 19, 2018 4:00 PM

Miss Lady Senatrice would never be caught dead with child. It would ruin her figure.

by Anonymousreply 249August 19, 2018 4:01 PM

But it would explain the mood swings

by Anonymousreply 250August 19, 2018 4:22 PM

Trump calling Dean a "rat" tells you everything you need to know about Trump. He has a mob mentality and all he cares about is his own protection.

by Anonymousreply 251August 19, 2018 4:37 PM

Peters said that the polite term for Fox News on-air commentators would be “prostitutes.”

by Anonymousreply 252August 19, 2018 4:47 PM

Forgive my ignorance: can the Traitor In Chief revoke Mueller's security clearance or are there protections in place to prevent this?

by Anonymousreply 253August 19, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote] Forgive my ignorance: can the Traitor In Chief revoke Mueller's security clearance or are there protections in place to prevent this?

Technically, yes. But there are protocols in place for revoking a security clearance that are set out in the regulations that govern each department and agency. That is one of the objections that people have raised over what Cadet Bone Spurs did to Brennan -- he just "ordered it be done" like some tin-horn dictator. It is unlikely that it went through the proper procedures.

by Anonymousreply 254August 19, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] Trump calling Dean a "rat" tells you everything you need to know about Trump.

Notice each and every one of his putdowns is really about his own character?

by Anonymousreply 255August 19, 2018 5:45 PM

You're fat and orange and have a small penis, r255!!!

by Anonymousreply 256August 19, 2018 5:54 PM

[quote]did to Brennan -- he just "ordered it be done" like some tin-horn dictator. It is unlikely that it went through the proper procedures.

And he got away with it. So what's the point of having those procedures?

by Anonymousreply 257August 19, 2018 5:55 PM

R241, thanks for posting that, it's a really interesting read. Apparently everyone in South Carolina knows Graham is gay. Other interesting comments, too.

by Anonymousreply 258August 19, 2018 5:59 PM

No headless people in South Carolina, evidently!

by Anonymousreply 259August 19, 2018 6:00 PM

This was an article from back in April. Russia Insider used columnist Wayne Madsen's views in an immediate posting of their own. Is it an effort to deflect, or that more that one entity will alledgedly attempt blackmail? This is presented here not necessarily as some kind of agreement pertaining to the Senator's motives, but that it has an international dimension to it. LG is a neo-conservative hawk anyway, and his pro-Israel stances would be expected without prompting. Being combative against the investigation of DJT and his cohorts activities with Putin is the more questioning matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 19, 2018 6:04 PM

R236 Many of those other countries use slave labor to build weapons and pay their soldiers poorly.

by Anonymousreply 261August 19, 2018 6:12 PM

Posted in another thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 19, 2018 6:12 PM

thank you, r235, for that visual.

by Anonymousreply 263August 19, 2018 6:14 PM

r262 I read the article and am wondering if Darren Beattie is one of those who asks for the pronouns 'they/their' or if James Kosur is afraid to assign gender without permission. Yet 'he' and 'his' seem interchangeable.

Sloppy journalism style standards are not helping to slow the dumbing down of America.

by Anonymousreply 264August 19, 2018 6:17 PM

Note Press TV is associated with Iran: with English-French publications.

by Anonymousreply 265August 19, 2018 6:19 PM

Why doesn’t a reporter ask him? With the camera rolling? Why don’t they investigate?

Beltway journalist are the worst when it comes to knowing everything yet reporting nothing. Dana Bash comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 266August 19, 2018 6:25 PM

I think it helped that Brennan was no longer employed by the Gov't and his classification was more a convenience and a courtesy. But if Trump attempted to be so peremptory with an active employee he'd run into problems.

by Anonymousreply 267August 19, 2018 6:35 PM

Bruce Ohr has been demoted from two positions at the Justice Department. What does he do there now?

by Anonymousreply 268August 19, 2018 6:38 PM

Trump can demote him, but if he has expertise and relationships his bosses will continue to use him and fuck Trump. A lot of these people are j,ust playing a waiting game. Trump will be gone they'll still be around.

by Anonymousreply 269August 19, 2018 6:47 PM

[quote]Israel using secret info on Sen. Graham’s homosexuality to exploit him

Secret to whom, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 270August 19, 2018 6:48 PM

Is there any mechanism for Congress to restore someone's security clearance? I doubt the dolt in chief is the only one who can grant security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 271August 19, 2018 6:49 PM

Dana Bash interviewing Rudy Giuliani acts star struck

John King is another that uses "equivalency" in his presentations. He does a good job with election maps and may need to stick with that.

Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, and Mika (Morning Joe) on MSNBC were determined Hillary bashers/detractors. Their alarmist presentations about seem more opportunistic than genuine. There are others.

Maddow seemed quite fond of Bernie as well as near all of CNN.

Fox just lies to appeal to deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 272August 19, 2018 6:50 PM

^The alarmist presentations about Trump...

(correction)

by Anonymousreply 273August 19, 2018 6:53 PM

r238, but it would not prevent him from releasing all his information to Congress for Impeachment and conviction.

THEN Mueller could indict him as an EX-President.

This is why it is so important "to Agnew" Pence before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 274August 19, 2018 7:04 PM

This goes along with the NYT piece about McGahn and is the White House's new talking point: Donald Trump has never obstructed anything, McGahn had some wonderful things to say to Mueller exonerating Trump of obstruction and Trump fired Comey simply because he had no confidence in him. It had absolutely nothing to do with Russia.

One tiny problem: Trump went on national television and said he fired Comey because of the Russier thing.

And then we've had Rudy for two weeks trying to convince everyone Trump is just desperate to sit down with Mueller.

Who believes this bullshit?

They're spinning their little ratfucking heads off the past few weeks. It feels like somebody fears something big is about to drop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

Fine, get rid of Pence first. But then what’s to stop Trump from nominating Paul Ryan or someone equally odious (but perhaps untouched by Russia) for his VP? It’s almost like they need to deep six Trump and Pence at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 276August 19, 2018 7:09 PM

Mueller could declare him an "unindicted co-conspirator ". Not sure what that means but it still paves the way for impeachment if there is a Dem majority after the election.

by Anonymousreply 277August 19, 2018 7:10 PM

[quote] Their alarmist presentations about Trump seem more opportunistic than genuine.

Yes, indeed they are. Recall please that Chuck Toad was apoplectic a few weeks ago on MTP over Trump's "enemies of the people" charge against the press. His ardor seems to have cooled and subsided Today, while he was bemused over Rudy's "the truth isn't the truth" nonsense, he seemed genuinely relieved that Brennan had seemingly pulled back on the notion that tRump had not committed conspiracy.

The bottom line is that these people have time to fill and they have to talk (endlessly) about something, when, in fact, they don't know a fraction of what Mueller knows or has. Rudy made the absurdly baseless charge that Mueller and his team leak like sieves and Chuck did nothing to correct that falsehood. That was unfortunate because it allowed Rudy to advance his BS narrative that Mueller leaks everything, thus, what we know is all that exists and thus there is no conspiracy, collusion, obstruction, or treason. Therefore, "case closed," "end the investigation."

by Anonymousreply 278August 19, 2018 7:12 PM

As I said up thread I seriously doubt Mueller ever said anything like that to McGahn. The question of whther or not they can indict a sitting president rule is not settled law. The way things are structured now, Mueller makes a report he then submits to Rosenstein. Rosenstein decides whether it needs to go to Congress and whether or not to make it public. That's the way the thing is set up right now. But since Mueller has been charging and indicting people and he has empaneled a grand jury, I have to believe if he found evidence of crimes he'd indict Donald Trump with out any hesitation. This is major theft plane and simple Fraud. A Conspiracy to defraud the American People by interfering with our elections and getting aid from a foreign adversary. There's no question he has to go. I think the CIA will see to it if no one else does.

by Anonymousreply 279August 19, 2018 7:17 PM

r279 THIS. Robert Mueller is not going to tell anyone in Trump's orbit what his plans are for anything. Mueller's team doesn't leak and Trump's team can't be trusted. The press needs to stop acting like they can be.

by Anonymousreply 280August 19, 2018 7:20 PM

It's always interesting to see commentators on TV talking about how "Mueller will leak this through the New York office" as if he has control over that Rudy Giuliani-friendly leakfest. You know when actual lawyer commentators say that, that they would do the same thing. It's like how Republicans accuse everyone of doing what they're secretly doing or are planning to do, because they think that way and assume everyone else does. The only leaks from the investigation have been from Trump's team or whoever they have involved in the process. Mueller runs a tight ship.

by Anonymousreply 281August 19, 2018 7:34 PM

Oh Snap- John Dean ain't playin anymore. I love it!

I will piggyback on what others have said about the hysterical liar Ghouliani. Mueller wouldn't ever say such a thing. Anyone who buys anything out of Ghouliani's stinky mouth as anything resembling truth is a certified idiot.

by Anonymousreply 282August 19, 2018 8:32 PM

Speaking of the Ghoul....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 19, 2018 8:44 PM

r283 We openly colluded and I am saying they did but it wasn't collusion. Got it, Ghoul.

He is trying to change the definition of collusion in the open. They need to stop interviewing him. Let him spew his propaganda on FNC.

by Anonymousreply 284August 19, 2018 8:50 PM

Please, all these jerks have is throwing shit at the audience and then telling them "Hey, could be shit, or could be FAKE NEWS!".

by Anonymousreply 285August 19, 2018 8:52 PM

Or prussic acid!

by Anonymousreply 286August 19, 2018 8:55 PM

Doubtful Mueller would be telling McGahn the end result of the investigation. Until McGahn speaks for himself, or Mueller or Rosenstein release something, don't believe any of Rudy's bullshit. He's a Kellyanne that speaks slower, tries to sound more folksy, but tells even bigger whoppers. Rudy knows Mueller does not use a rapid response team for public relations, and will be closed-lipped until the report is finalized. In the meantime expect some near future indictments.

by Anonymousreply 287August 19, 2018 9:39 PM

Yes, R283, my jaw dropped when I heard Ghouliana say that.

What happened to the 2016 meeting being primarily about adoptions?

(Did I miss DJTjr admitting that he lied?)

by Anonymousreply 288August 19, 2018 9:44 PM

I don't think they ever directly copped to the lie, but the most recent talking point was "Junior colluded, but he did it by accident so it doesn't count."

by Anonymousreply 289August 19, 2018 9:46 PM

Didn't Jr Mint tell Congress under oath that the meeting was about Adoptions and not about getting dirt on Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 290August 19, 2018 9:56 PM

That clip of trump at the start never fails to disgust me. Terrible president with terrible policies, but also a horrible man.

by Anonymousreply 291August 19, 2018 10:02 PM

I concur R292, except for the fact that it is not a man.

by Anonymousreply 292August 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Anyone following Peter Wehner and Joe Scarborough on Twitter. Both men talking about how unwell Trump was when he took office and how much worse he’s gotten over the last 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 293August 19, 2018 10:14 PM

I feel better when I remind myself that Mueller can keep a secret better than anyone I've ever known.

by Anonymousreply 294August 19, 2018 10:17 PM

The rumour at r260 has a ring of authenticity for me. Canada's Foreign Affairs Minister under the Harper government, John Baird, was the subject of Iran's Press TV speculation. From June 9 2013:

[quote] Whenever a prominent statesman prioritizes the national interests of a foreign country over the national interests of his own country it behooves journalists to ask uncomfortable questions. And in the case of Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister, John Baird, who prioritizes the national interests of Israel over those of Canada, it is his personal sexual orientation which is being honed in on by certain analysts. Currently Canada’s Foreign Minister is lecturing other countries on respecting the rights of homosexuals while he and some of his colleagues, with the help of the media, appears to be concealing their own homosexuality, possibly to prevent them losing the support of certain Christian Fundamentalists and other anti-homosexual groups which tend to vote for John Baird’s right-wing Conservative Party. Political analysts have drawn attention to the roles blackmail, a specialty of the Israeli Mossad, and sexual politics play in international diplomacy. Some analysts feel this subject may relate to John Baird, who for the past 15 years has been a frequent visitor to Tel Aviv, a city sometimes referred to as the “Gay Capital of the World”. Critics argue that Canada’s Foreign Minister may be jeopardizing Canada’s national interests because of his own biases and orientation. And whether Baird’s secretive personal life is being used to manipulate him in other ways is yet to be seen. What cannot be denied however is that there is a glaring contradiction displayed when Baird lectures anti-homosexual governments on homosexual rights abroad, while concurrently relying on people with such views for votes domestically.

John Baird criticized the UN's recognition of Palestine.

by Anonymousreply 295August 19, 2018 10:18 PM

Puny Portrait of Projection:

basket case

wacko

nut job

unstable

pathological disease

major security risk

crazy

total waste of time

a joke

failed badly

corrupt

lyin'

milking the system

one of the worst

mind is shot

incompetent

ungrateful

sloppy

dumb as a rock

sad

no talent

low-life

little

begged

nuts

in the swamp

low IQ

cried like a baby

leaker

a clown

dummy

dope

a mess

insecure

clueless

lightweight

low energy

weak

total disaster

ineffective

an embarrassment

soft

confused for 40 years

angry

obnoxious

phony

fake

so bad

wacky

terrible

nasty

unfair

total joke

whimpering

over

dying

terrible at business

flunky

wrong

foolish

sick

should resign

deeply troubled

sleazy

low ratings

dopey

knows nothing

total mess

in total freefall

acts hurt when called out

should be fired

bad

third rate

broken

very dishonest

ridiculous

going crazy

has made so many mistakes

loser

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296August 19, 2018 11:34 PM

r295 was inspired by r255

[quote]Notice each and every one of his putdowns is really about his own character?

by Anonymousreply 297August 19, 2018 11:36 PM

New York Times says they are finally coming after Michael Cohen! This could get very interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 19, 2018 11:36 PM

Cohen kinda of fizzled. Seems he got the signal from the WH he will be protected somehow.

by Anonymousreply 299August 19, 2018 11:43 PM

Sally Yates. Why is she on his shit list? Didn’t she try to warn him about Gen Flynn? I like her. Seems honest and dedicated to you country.

by Anonymousreply 300August 19, 2018 11:52 PM

Your last sentence answers your first question.

by Anonymousreply 301August 19, 2018 11:53 PM

R291 I feel exactly the same way. Every time I see that picture, I'm reminded of how much I hate that creep.

by Anonymousreply 302August 19, 2018 11:56 PM

Sally Yates for President!

by Anonymousreply 303August 20, 2018 12:02 AM

The Trump White House has cooperated with Mueller's team fully. It's given them millions of documents. Don McGahn was allowed to testify and Trump didn't even assert Executive Privilege. The Clinton White House never came close to this when Ken Starr was investigating the Whitewater Scandal and others.

by Anonymousreply 304August 20, 2018 12:03 AM

r304 Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 305August 20, 2018 12:04 AM

LMAO, r304! Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 306August 20, 2018 12:06 AM

Brilliant piece of performance art, r304! You almost convinced us you were one of those brainless Trump supporters. Take a bow!

by Anonymousreply 307August 20, 2018 12:07 AM

R304 = Maggie Haberman writing in her diary....

by Anonymousreply 308August 20, 2018 12:12 AM

Senator Rand Paul recently visited the Kremlin. The anti-sanctions and Mueller investigation/DOJ/FBI critic, played a "quickie" golf game with DJT this weekend in N.J.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309August 20, 2018 12:21 AM

r309 The only way Rand Paul can remain relevant is by licking the assholes of Trump and Putin.

by Anonymousreply 310August 20, 2018 12:27 AM

On R309 link read the fourth comment in the comments section by Contentious Otter. lol

by Anonymousreply 311August 20, 2018 12:32 AM

I have a feeling about Rand Paul. That he was never part of the cabal because they didn't want him, too much of nut. And what we're seeing now is Rand Paul scrambling to be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 312August 20, 2018 12:38 AM

LOLOL! Rand Paul is insane. Truly unhinged. Giuliani is off his rocker. Seriously. Then you have Jones, and Hannity and all those rocket scientists in Congress and this is more farce than anything else. they're all ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 313August 20, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote] Cohen kinda of fizzled. Seems he got the signal from the WH he will be protected somehow.

I seriously doubt that. Cohen is facing a whole lot of state charges that are completely separate and apart from the federal charges. Even if Trump pardoned him for all of his federal crimes, that would not stop the NY AG from bringing state charge against him for local fraud and state tax evasion. I suspect that the prosecutors in the SDNY are being very, very careful regarding what they charge Cohen with. NY has that statute about no double prosecution after a federal pardon. But, if they are prudent in how they draft the indictment and work cooperatively with NY State authorities, then that law should not be a bar to state prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 314August 20, 2018 12:44 AM

Don' worry. Der's lotsa things they can get him for. Cohen is, like, a thug, ya know?

by Anonymousreply 315August 20, 2018 12:48 AM

We've heard hardly anything from or about Michael Cohen in the last two weeks. According to the speculation on cable news, that means he most likely spoke to Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 316August 20, 2018 12:49 AM

Love this from the article at R283. "I don't even know if they knew (Veselnitskaya) was Russian at the time. All they had was her name. ... They knew it when they met with her, not when they set up the meeting," Giuliani said. "All they knew was that a woman with a Russian name wanted to meet with them.

They didn't know she was Russian, but they knew she had a Russian name. Please keep talking Rudy!

by Anonymousreply 317August 20, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote]The Trump White House has cooperated with Mueller's team fully. It's given them millions of documents.

That’s obfuscation, not cooperation.

by Anonymousreply 318August 20, 2018 12:54 AM

If Rand is alledgedly swinging with Roger Stone and/or provided services from the Manhattan Madam and there are pics; perhaps this is part of the information the Mueller team sought from Madam Kirstin?

Rand and Miz Lindz are bitter rivals, or is that for show? Both are major DJT sychophants.

by Anonymousreply 319August 20, 2018 12:55 AM

sycophants (spelling)

by Anonymousreply 320August 20, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote] LOLOL! Rand Paul is insane. Truly unhinged. Giuliani is off his rocker. Seriously. Then you have Jones, and Hannity and all those rocket scientists in Congress and this is more farce than anything else. they're all ridiculous.

Obama's Presidency drove all these racist white men insane. It's like they have PTSD. They'll never recover.

by Anonymousreply 321August 20, 2018 1:00 AM

r319 We'll accept that spelling. It is a cross between psychopath and sycophant. It fits them.

by Anonymousreply 322August 20, 2018 1:04 AM

psychophancy Nancys

by Anonymousreply 323August 20, 2018 1:27 AM

[quote]Didn't Jr Mint tell Congress under oath that the meeting was about Adoptions and not about getting dirt on Clinton?

I though Jr. wasn't under oath when he testified. I know it was closed session, which was also bullshit, but I know someone wasn't even under oath which made the whole thing a sham.

by Anonymousreply 324August 20, 2018 1:33 AM

Junior was sworn-in before the Congressional committee. He was under oath.

by Anonymousreply 325August 20, 2018 1:43 AM

Jr was most definitely under oath. I’m still waiting for our journalists to stop lobbing easy pitches to Huckabeast (eyeroll). Can you just envision the questions you would be asking if you had the privilege of being a reporter in the WH? They are NOT helping when they’re more concerned about being polite than getting answers, but I say nothing new. Sure, there’s been a few reporters who have been aggressive but we need more, much more. That guy who challenged the Beast on the kids in cages, asking how she as a mom could defend that was could. I like Kristin Welker especially when she gets pissy. Andrea Mitchell is amazing too but I’m still pissed over her anti-Hillary posture.

by Anonymousreply 326August 20, 2018 1:49 AM

at r309 link

[quote]The golf outing also came days after Trump revoked the security clearance of former CIA director John Brennan. Paul had lobbied Trump to make that move and celebrated when Trump did.

by Anonymousreply 327August 20, 2018 2:47 AM

I love that Rudy doesnt even acknowledge Juniors emails....that he released himself....dealing with the TT meeting and that it was part of Russian governments efforts to help his father. Chuck Todd, the worthless waste of space should have hit him with that fact, but instead just let it go unchallenged.

by Anonymousreply 328August 20, 2018 3:14 AM

R321, that's what fascinates me. We've got at least an entire generation of white men and women who were just flabbergasted that a black man reached that level of achievement. They are terrified that they can't just skate by on whiteness, although many are older and might not live to see the full erosion of power.

by Anonymousreply 329August 20, 2018 3:27 AM

The fact that they are now admitting it was about Clinton is interesting. I wonder what they know (or think) Mueller has on them and are they trying to change the narrative now to save Dotard's ass, while full well knowing that it will get Jr. Mint in trouble for perjury.

Not that any of us haven't known he'd eventually start throwing his children under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 330August 20, 2018 3:29 AM

"He was only my son for a very short time"

by Anonymousreply 331August 20, 2018 3:35 AM

[quote] Junior was sworn-in

He only said "fuck" three times.

by Anonymousreply 332August 20, 2018 4:12 AM

Junior Mint spoke in a room where there was no cat nor any deliberations. So while he may have not told the whole truth, there was absolutely no purr jury...

by Anonymousreply 333August 20, 2018 4:26 AM

[quote]If Rand is alledgedly swinging with Roger Stone and/or provided services from the Manhattan Madam and there are pics; perhaps this is part of the information the Mueller team sought from Madam Kirstin?

The only thing I would find truly shocking about this is the revelation that Rand Paul is indeed straight.

by Anonymousreply 334August 20, 2018 4:42 AM

Madams only provide women?

by Anonymousreply 335August 20, 2018 5:05 AM

Calling him Jr. Mint is ruining a perfectly good candy.

by Anonymousreply 336August 20, 2018 5:30 AM

It was reported Kimberly Guilfoyle that gave JR. MINT the pet name. Obviously, she perceived he emits a unique sweetness for her.

by Anonymousreply 337August 20, 2018 9:23 AM

"Swinging with the Stones" doesn't sound very endearing.

by Anonymousreply 338August 20, 2018 9:33 AM

Funny, R331!

by Anonymousreply 339August 20, 2018 9:49 AM

r328 And no reporter ever brings up the notes Manafort took at that meeting! Why didn't Chuckles the Todd stop Rudy's rantings and ask why, if that meeting was all about adoptions, Manafort wrote down 11 words and phrases including 'active sponsors of the RNC'. When will the press stop letting Rudy and the others get away with this bullshit it was all about adoptions? We have extemporaneous notes proving it was not.

I hate Trump's attacks on the press and we need to support them now more than ever, but I swear to god these people are going to give me a heart attack with their softball questioning. Maddow seems to be the only one with a command of all the facts, including the little ones that keep getting buried.

by Anonymousreply 340August 20, 2018 10:48 AM

Not always, R335.

by Anonymousreply 341August 20, 2018 12:57 PM

Trump's AM tirade:

Disgraced and discredited Bob Mueller and his whole group of Angry Democrat Thugs spent over 30 hours with the White House Councel, only with my approval, for purposes of transparency. Anybody needing that much time when they know there is no Russian Collusion is just someone....

....looking for trouble. They are enjoying ruining people’s lives and REFUSE to look at the real corruption on the Democrat side - the lies, the firings, the deleted Emails and soooo much more! Mueller’s Angry Dems are looking to impact the election. They are a National Disgrace!

Where’s the Collusion? They made up a phony crime called Collusion, and when there was no Collusion they say there was Obstruction (of a phony crime that never existed). If you FIGHT BACK or say anything bad about the Rigged Witch Hunt, they scream Obstruction!

by Anonymousreply 342August 20, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote] Anybody needing that much time when they know there is no Russian Collusion is just someone.... ....looking for trouble. They are enjoying ruining people’s lives and REFUSE to look at the real corruption on the Democrat side - the lies, the firings, the deleted Emails and soooo much more! Mueller’s Angry Dems are looking to impact the election.

How bizarre that Rod Rosenstein, a respected lawyer who has been involved in federal criminal prosecutions at the Justice Department for nearly three decades, is simply unable to see what tRump KNOWS to be true. I'm sure Rod has been briefed on the evidence that Mueller has collected, and yet he STILL refuses to shut down this purported "witch hunt" of an investigation. I wonder why that is. Hmmm. Perhaps because he understands -- Cheataolini's protestations to the contrary notwithstanding -- that there is ample evidence of conspiracy to defraud the United States and an active and ongoing effort to obstruct justice and cover up the crimes.

The "thug" is tRump who belongs in jail, not the Oval Office -- an office that he stole from Hillary Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 343August 20, 2018 1:13 PM

Trump is scared big-time....

by Anonymousreply 344August 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Tяeason

by Anonymousreply 345August 20, 2018 1:22 PM

[quote]Calling him Jr. Mint is ruining a perfectly good candy.

Mrs. Betty Bowers refers to him as Traitor Tot. I like that appellation for him.

by Anonymousreply 346August 20, 2018 1:28 PM

Finally, unraveling the real corruption and collusion that went on with the DNC, Hellary, Obama's minions, Steele, Fusion GPS and the top layers of the FBI, CIA, and NSA!

Yes, that's an actual comment from a Trumptard or, as many of us suspect, an actual Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 347August 20, 2018 1:34 PM

"disgraced and discredited" Bob Mueller?

When did this happen?

I mean outside of Trump's diseased and corrupted mind of course.

by Anonymousreply 348August 20, 2018 1:39 PM

Madame will provide men too if $ fee is met. Some network with male escort services. Some have female, cougar clients also.

Charge extra for certain "specialties".

by Anonymousreply 349August 20, 2018 1:41 PM

Trump thinks if he repeats it often enough it will be become truth or at least his rabid sheep will believe it.

by Anonymousreply 350August 20, 2018 1:43 PM

As usual the media is all over "truth isn't the truth". Typical WTF? distraction. Some people don't understand that with every distraction Trump and his associates get away with is one more victory for them. Nobody is nailing them down with actual facts before they can pull off another distraction. That's why news media is, pretty much , useless and downright destructive. We invite a shit-show in our homes to occupy our pretty, little minds that prevents us to see the bigger, more sinister picture we could prevent when enough people see it early enough.

by Anonymousreply 351August 20, 2018 1:43 PM

[quote] "disgraced and discredited" Bob Mueller?

I was wondering the same thing. To no one is Mueller disgraced and discredited -- outside of tRump and his Trumtard supporters.

by Anonymousreply 352August 20, 2018 1:44 PM

I think that's exactly what the right and media did to Hillary over a 30 year time span, r352. They constantly made negative remarks about her that went unchecked. Her vast right wing conspiracy remark was right on target.

by Anonymousreply 353August 20, 2018 1:50 PM

Yes, and R351, Rudy’s out this morning again re-re-re-recalibrating his stupid ass comments - this time about Truth not being truth.

The man is his own damn elephant and broom.

by Anonymousreply 354August 20, 2018 1:53 PM

Trump also just comes up with his own set of outrageous lies that go unchecked by the media (and I'm not just talking Fox). "Angry Democrat Thugs"? Wha??? It doesn't even make sense but that never stops Trump from lying so blatantly. It would almost be funny, if it weren't so dangerous to allow these kind of falsehoods to persist unchallenged.

by Anonymousreply 355August 20, 2018 2:01 PM

Oh.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 20, 2018 2:04 PM

[quote]We invite a shit-show in our homes to occupy our pretty, little minds that prevents us to see the bigger, more sinister picture we could prevent when enough people see it early enough.

It's really quite astonishing that the public was better served/informed by three nightly newscasts than we are by today's 24-hour news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 357August 20, 2018 2:07 PM

"Swinging with the Stones" doesn't sound very endearing, r338?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 20, 2018 2:14 PM

R357: The public’s intelligence is distributed along a classic bell curve, with the vast majority of people near the middle.

When we only had three news broadcasts striving for maximum ratings they all homed in on sensible center. That’s where the bulk of the population and money was. As a result, we had a general, factual national consensus about news.

Today, there are dozens of would be news services, each trying to grab a subset of cable or web based dollars. A station can do quite well by capturing and consistently (mis)informing a crazy niche. Potentially even a large, crazy niche:

hence FOX.

by Anonymousreply 359August 20, 2018 2:28 PM

Anyone listen to Stephanie Miller?

She made an interesting point this morning (forgive me if it was already mentioned) but she played a clip of Bolton being questioned as to whether or not Brennan had inappropriately breached his security clearance. Bolton's stammering into a final argument that Brennan's statement re: Drumpf colluding is in fact a breach of his clearance to top secret information.

Stephanie pointed out that this means Bolton just admitted that Dotard did in fact collude.

by Anonymousreply 360August 20, 2018 2:58 PM

I watched Network on TCM On Demand this weekend. I'd never seen it before and it's amazing/chilling that what was satire in 1976 has pretty much become the state of TV news today, especially FOX.

by Anonymousreply 361August 20, 2018 2:59 PM

With all the news coverage and it being more sensationalistic than informative, there is indeed the danger that people forget the stakes, the danger the country is in with Trump in the WH.

The news outlets should be held accountable for this. I said this some time ago. Some smart lawyer should take fox news to trial for mass disinformation and deceiving the public.

And it's not just fox, lots of news channels go for the cheap infotainment instead of responsible news reporting. Why was it only the NYDN that exposed Bernie's lack of knowledge during the presidential campaigns? Why does the press give flunkies like AOC so much coverage when people like Doug Jones, Beto O'Rourke and Connor Lamb deserve it more?

by Anonymousreply 362August 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Jury is deliberating again. There have been two side conferences with defense and prosecution. We'll get those transcripts at the end of the trial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363August 20, 2018 3:41 PM

The Orange One, tweeting an hour ago:

Will Bruce Ohr, whose family received big money for helping to create the phony, dirty and discredited Dossier, ever be fired from the Jeff Sessions “Justice” Department? A total joke!

by Anonymousreply 364August 20, 2018 3:53 PM

So why does he have a hard on for this Ohr person?

by Anonymousreply 365August 20, 2018 3:56 PM

While President Donald Trump claims he has “eradicated,” “wiped out” and even “absolutely obliterated” ISIS, there is one group that has ignored the president’s words: the terrorists themselves.

According to recent estimates by the United Nations and the U.S. Defense Department’s inspector general, the self-described Islamic State has between 20,000 and 31,100 fighters ― figures nearly identical to CIA estimates of the terror group’s strength in 2014 when it was near its zenith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366August 20, 2018 3:57 PM

Wow I'm late to this thread. Thanks so much OP! Love the title!

by Anonymousreply 367August 20, 2018 3:58 PM

Because Bruce Ohr is the last remaining witness that can verify Comeys testimony.

by Anonymousreply 368August 20, 2018 3:58 PM

I heard earlier reporting on the radio that Manafort and his Defense Attorney are happy and feel "very confident."

I don't like that.

by Anonymousreply 369August 20, 2018 3:59 PM

So that's basically Dotard signaling to Sessions once again on what he wants him to do.

by Anonymousreply 370August 20, 2018 4:00 PM

If that's true R368 I don't see how firing or stripping sec clearance away would hinder any investigation. He can still go under oath and say the same things.

by Anonymousreply 371August 20, 2018 4:00 PM

Ohr worked for the DOJ at the same time his wife was a contractor for Fusion GPS, which was involved in the Christopher Steele dossier. Ohr was also in touch with Steele.

Trump's just trying to further muddy the waters to support his "rigged witch hunt" nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 372August 20, 2018 4:02 PM

Y'all think Rudy's crazy. He is. But he ain't crazy! He sounds so completely irrational, incoherent, even, that if they do get him for something related to the investigation of leaks from the NYC FBI Field office, he can legitimately plead temporary insanity or dementia, and he will walk. He has an entire body of interviews from cable news to confirm that diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 373August 20, 2018 4:03 PM

One of the things deplorables keep hammering away at is that this investigation is an "illegal attack" on "our" president. I keep asking one guy how it's illegal and have yet to get a good answer.

by Anonymousreply 374August 20, 2018 4:22 PM

So was Watergate an "illegal attack" on Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 375August 20, 2018 4:28 PM

Sorry, Whitewater.

by Anonymousreply 376August 20, 2018 4:29 PM

JK Rowlings trolling Dotard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377August 20, 2018 4:31 PM

There is just so much to see in Trump World.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378August 20, 2018 5:28 PM

JK Rowling is genius, and I'm not even a fan of the Potter books.

by Anonymousreply 379August 20, 2018 5:34 PM

[quote]One of the things deplorables keep hammering away at is that this investigation is an "illegal attack" on "our" president. I keep asking one guy how it's illegal and have yet to get a good answer.

And I keep wondering how he's "our" president.

by Anonymousreply 380August 20, 2018 5:38 PM

He’s not legally the president. He and republican congressmen should have been arrested and executed for treason by now. What’s taking so long?

What the usurpers learned in Ukraine was that it was too much too soon. That’s why they failed.

This time they are trying to spread it out over longer timeframes so that less informed people won’t realize the coup until it’s too late.

That is the benefit of a practice run.

by Anonymousreply 381August 20, 2018 5:53 PM

That’s why they need to be arrested sooner that later. No mercy for these traitors. How could this have even happened?

What about the greatest generation? Why aren’t they shouting from rooftops? Are they all dead?

by Anonymousreply 382August 20, 2018 5:55 PM

Diamond and Silk are very mysterious. If we had a robust press, they could be investigating them for foreign influence.

They are so Schindler’s List with it all. It’s sickening. They are selling out their race for clicks. I’m guessing its a foreign operation.

There is a special place for those two traitors in hell.

Their names will be Cubic Zirconia and Polyester from now on.

by Anonymousreply 383August 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Republicans are all evil. There were a few that were just dumb and easily conned, but any remaining republicans are pure evil.

by Anonymousreply 384August 20, 2018 6:02 PM

Diamond & Silk receive their talking points from the same sources that other party shills on TV receive theirs. Breitbart, RNC, etc., are part of it.

Beyond their given messaging, Diamond & Silk are hired/used for the mannerisms, antics, and the stereotypic, sassy, black female verbalization. The Trump fans see it as part entertainment; and that these black women get it. Seriously, very doubtful they have converted any black female voters with any degree of significance. Black voters see it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 385August 20, 2018 6:25 PM

r322, I call them "psycho -pants".

One day I'll probably slip and spell it like that.

by Anonymousreply 386August 20, 2018 6:26 PM

Diamond & Silk are plants / pundits. They are supposed to sell the Trump brand to a target demographic. That's their job.

by Anonymousreply 387August 20, 2018 6:33 PM

Every time I hear an official say Mr. Trump, I get a glimmer of hope.

by Anonymousreply 388August 20, 2018 6:42 PM

Diamond and Silk are a minstrel show, a 21st century Amos and Andy.

by Anonymousreply 389August 20, 2018 6:45 PM

Who is the disgusting [sic] new board member for the NYT that Trump singled out in the tweet that JK Rowling used?

by Anonymousreply 390August 20, 2018 6:54 PM

Fool’s Gold and Linoleum.

by Anonymousreply 391August 20, 2018 6:55 PM

What could this jury be deliberating about?

Dude is guilty as charged.

No question about it.

by Anonymousreply 392August 20, 2018 7:16 PM

CNN has been in last place for about the last 5 years.

It’s time to fire their worthless CEO and bring back ted turner.

The most embarrassing thing about the current CNN is that it is being beat by the food network.

by Anonymousreply 393August 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Umh, DJT getting between Kellyanne & hubby.

A lot of operatives dedicated to Trump pay certain prices.

by Anonymousreply 394August 20, 2018 7:34 PM

R388: Yep! I can't bring myself to put "President" and "Trump" together. I just refer to him as "Trump", (when being polite). I notice many journalists just say "The President" (no name).

by Anonymousreply 395August 20, 2018 7:37 PM

R395 I wont even say his name. It's strictly Dotard for me. Or Drumpf.

by Anonymousreply 396August 20, 2018 7:49 PM

There's not a damn thing wrong with Kellyanne and George's marriage. She's just trying to stay relevant. Maybe she thinks they can be the new James Carville Mary Matalin couple in the near post Trump future.

There's a rumor swirling, courtesy of Tom Arnold ( I know) that Trump no longer owns the Manhattan Trump Towers and than Mark Burnett knows all about it and the ramifications of this.

If true, his shameless base, who don't care that he lies, might feel just a smidge hoodwinked over this particular lie.

You know, if you catch Tom at the right time, he can be quite chatty.

by Anonymousreply 397August 20, 2018 7:58 PM

What would be the ramifications of it?

by Anonymousreply 398August 20, 2018 8:03 PM

There are articles as far back as 2015 saying that the "Trump" on Trump buildings doesn't mean he owns them.

by Anonymousreply 399August 20, 2018 8:04 PM

Lots of Russians live there. What if he sold Trump Tower to the Russians?

by Anonymousreply 400August 20, 2018 8:05 PM

Sold it to the Russians, R400 or lost it to the Russians when it possibly put it up for collateral and couldn't make good.

Trump being Trump.

R398 - I could not figure out what ramifications Tom was hinting at. He can be difficult to read sometimes, all the time.

He was telling me quite a story about Trump not trusting his body guards so he set up a golf caddy who was wired and that's some of what's going to be on his new tv show. We shall see.

by Anonymousreply 401August 20, 2018 8:09 PM

True #399, his biggest business is licensing his name. Big bucks in that. Others build, sell, and manage the buildings and gold courses, and he's paid for the use of his name.

by Anonymousreply 402August 20, 2018 8:10 PM

Yeah, I really don't see how finding out that he doesn't own anything or even that he is actually in debt billions would bother Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 403August 20, 2018 8:12 PM

After his presidency his name might not be worth bupkis. Panama stripped the Trump name off a building there. Anyone know what that was about?

I would not be surprised if he lost his building owing money.

by Anonymousreply 404August 20, 2018 8:25 PM

Not just trump Panama but other buildings, too. Some in New York and one I read about in Chicago. People don't want to live or work in a building labeled with trump's name.

Attached is an article about the Panama building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405August 20, 2018 8:37 PM

As of May 2018, seven buildings worldwide have removed the odious name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406August 20, 2018 8:38 PM

*Thelma Harper voice* Oh, I am just LOVING this. Seriously, we can't lose once he's out of office. He's either in jail or ruined for good. And old, too old to make a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 407August 20, 2018 8:40 PM

About that parade.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408August 20, 2018 8:41 PM

Two thoughts. First, Rand Paul has aged ten years on one. Something is stressing out that muppet.

Second, I found the linked Vox article with seven attorneys giving their thoughts on the Manafort trial jury deliberations. A good read to calm any nerves while we're waiting. Summary: Oliver North's jurors took 12 days for 12 counts; Scooter Libby's took ten days for five counts. This jury is methodically moving through 18 counts and covering a LOT of data. Prosecution will probably get a guilty verdict on at least several charges. Questions about "reasonable doubt" are typical. If they're still deliberating a week from today then there is probably an outlier who is not voting on evidence and law. Even a mistrial will result in another trial, on top of the other one coming up. Prosecution and Defense would have liked an early decision in their favor; now we know they're moving through each count. Odds go to the prosecution, even with a mistrial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409August 20, 2018 9:01 PM

No verdict today?

by Anonymousreply 410August 20, 2018 9:33 PM

^^^ not unless it’s in by now.

by Anonymousreply 411August 20, 2018 9:35 PM

Ohhhh, the poor baby's.....unsettled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412August 20, 2018 9:40 PM

I think it was Jeffery Tobin who said that he believes that it will take close to a week for the Manafort jury to reach a verdict because there are so many counts to consider and so much evidence to go through.

by Anonymousreply 413August 20, 2018 9:45 PM

"He has lied to his aides. He has lied to the American people. He has tried to disgrace you and the Office with a sustained propaganda campaign that would make Nixon blush.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414August 20, 2018 9:47 PM

Borderline torture?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415August 20, 2018 10:18 PM

waterboard her!

by Anonymousreply 416August 20, 2018 10:32 PM

R415 As if being forced to sleep with ugly deplorable men weren't torture already!

by Anonymousreply 417August 20, 2018 10:33 PM

Ha R414 that is rich. All over a fucking blowjob. Nobody cares

by Anonymousreply 418August 20, 2018 11:02 PM

The perjury trap is hilarious in and of itself. How do they say this shit with a straight face? Maybe if Trump could actually tell the truth it wouldn't be a problem?

by Anonymousreply 419August 20, 2018 11:03 PM

All those high-level straight Republicans yearn for Butina's vaginal pleasures. Enough so, they gave up secrets.

by Anonymousreply 420August 20, 2018 11:16 PM

R417 Trump is incapable of telling the truth about anything. He's just a pathological liar. He might as well be dead if he can't lie as he pleases.

by Anonymousreply 421August 20, 2018 11:21 PM

House member Jim Jordan. His caucus supports the DJT nasty stuff as much as ever.

Sounds like a repetition of the 'enemies list'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422August 20, 2018 11:48 PM

Interesting piece on Trump's prospective Supreme Court savior, young Judge Kavanaugh. Anti-abortion isn't really "pro life," it's about men in power telling everyone else what they can and can't do with their bodies and lives. Just another indicator that Republican ideology is theocratic statist plutocracy and nothing more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423August 21, 2018 12:06 AM

Gimme that ol' time religion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424August 21, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote]Trump also declined to say whether he might strip Mueller of his security clearance, as he did last week to former CIA Director John Brennan, who had repeatedly criticized Trump’s handling of foreign policy and national security issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425August 21, 2018 12:12 AM

Nothing from the jury...

by Anonymousreply 426August 21, 2018 12:50 AM

He's freaking out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427August 21, 2018 12:56 AM

I am sick of people like Manafort getting to skate by defrauding our govt and people out of millions.

Stick these fucker in the gen pop in prison, a real prison, and you will see these white collar crimes plummet.

by Anonymousreply 428August 21, 2018 12:57 AM

Jesus, the photo at R423 looks like he eats fetuses.

by Anonymousreply 429August 21, 2018 1:00 AM

The picture of Kavanaugh at R423 also looks like he's in the early stages of Bannonesque pustulence. We can expect a blooming crop of rosacea and gin blossoms over the decades along with his reactionary rulings.

by Anonymousreply 430August 21, 2018 1:29 AM

Paging the poster who reminds us of the secret societies of Republicans working with Russians....

I want to send a link with that info to a friend and cannot for the life of me remember where we learned that. Help?

by Anonymousreply 431August 21, 2018 1:35 AM

R431, I believe that's in the criminal complaint filed against Maria Butina.

by Anonymousreply 432August 21, 2018 1:37 AM

May not be hopeless. Jury might just be going through carefully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433August 21, 2018 2:07 AM

r432 Thank you!! I kept looking in Manafort stuff.

by Anonymousreply 434August 21, 2018 2:11 AM

I have alerts in place for when Kathleen puts that plaid jacket up on Craigslist

by Anonymousreply 435August 21, 2018 2:12 AM

John Brennan's behavior is so over the top, so completely partisan and unprofessional, that even James Clapper is distancing himself from him. If everyone is Constitutionally entitled to a Government Security Clearance, than there is no need for a Government Security Clearance. I'd like to see Brennan try a lawsuit. The evidence discovery would force Brennan to disclose what he was doing during the 2016 election and that's the last thing he wants.

by Anonymousreply 436August 21, 2018 2:34 AM

Really, queen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437August 21, 2018 2:37 AM

r437 Good GAWD they have fucking NERVE!

Fuck these Repugs. All corrupt to the fucking bone. Ken Starr probably sucked the stain dry on the blue dress.

by Anonymousreply 438August 21, 2018 2:41 AM

I saw a list today of the jury deliberation periods for major criminal cases, and many of them deliberated for an average of 10-12 days.

Could be that the jury is taking their time digesting rather complicated evidence. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 439August 21, 2018 2:42 AM

when they go low, they'll go lower next time

by Anonymousreply 440August 21, 2018 2:43 AM

Doesn't Ken Starr have a bunch of rapes he needs to cover up?

by Anonymousreply 441August 21, 2018 2:43 AM

When they go low, lets fucking hang them for treason!

by Anonymousreply 442August 21, 2018 2:44 AM

The Oliver North case (1989) took a jury 12 days to deliberate in a case with 12 counts. The Scooter Libby case (2007) took 10 days of deliberations in a case with five counts. This case has 18 counts, supported largely by scores of documents. The judge prevented the prosecutors from showing some of the evidence to the jury during the trial, which means they are looking at some of it for the first time. They must carefully match the evidence with the counts before they can reach a judgment on any count. That’s what they are doing, and it is not at all surprising that this process will take some time.

by Anonymousreply 443August 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Ken Starr is a fucking hypocrite, his investigation into Bill Clinton lasted 4.5 years, the whole investigation took 5! years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444August 21, 2018 2:55 AM

The Whitewater investigation resulted in the convictions of 15 people for 40 crimes. Ken Starr's investigation can be criticized, but he was investigating crimes. What Mueller and the partisan Democrats on his staff are doing is an investigation of a person in search of a crime.

by Anonymousreply 445August 21, 2018 2:59 AM

R445

by Anonymousreply 446August 21, 2018 3:02 AM

I now see why I have R445 blocked. Fuck off, you Hitler-Trump apologist. Putin troll.

by Anonymousreply 447August 21, 2018 3:04 AM

r445 Yet, couldn't get Bill or Hill on NOTHING except lyin bout a BJ. BITCH!

And it started COMPLETELY as an investigation in search of a crime.

Your Hero is treasonous. But if masterbating to Bill and Hill 90's porn makes you sleep better.....

by Anonymousreply 448August 21, 2018 3:06 AM

[quote]What Mueller and the partisan Democrats on his staff are doing is an investigation of a person in search of a crime.

That's not true.

[italic]The Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, including an investigation of any possible links and/or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 449August 21, 2018 3:15 AM

There really is no reason to respond to it. It's not even reading any of the posts.

by Anonymousreply 450August 21, 2018 3:19 AM

r431 and r432.....Its actually in the Butina charging documents that were filed before the indictment. Heres a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451August 21, 2018 3:31 AM

R445, as per usual, you don’t see the hypocrisy in your argument nor are you willing to acknowledge truth — you know, the “truth isn’t truth” stuff Rudy also avoids talking about? If you’re going to have the balls to defend the Ken Starr “Investigation” then you sure as fuck should be ticking off the indictments that Mueller has already brought (and we’re only on the hor douerves, he hasn’t even served the first course yet bitch!!!). Why didn’t you list the number of Mueller indictments, hmmmmmmm? Our election was attacked by PUTIN and you have the mother fucking balls to act like Mueller doesn’t have a legitimate mandate? GTFOH. You’re absolutely full of shit and you’re on the wrong website.

I come here for wit, gossip, politics, news, debate, and even arguments. I don’t come here for bullshit, and baby, you can’t bullshit a bullshitter!!!!!!! So go fuck yourself cunt, if you’re going to debate us, you best be armed with TRUTH — and yeah, there’s only one truth, sorry to puncture your ego cunt!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 452August 21, 2018 4:03 AM

<3 R452. TELL HIM!

by Anonymousreply 453August 21, 2018 4:25 AM

Side question - Is all that footage we see of Manafort striding in and out of the courtroom new footage or file footage? I’d assumed he be brought to the court building in a prison bus.

by Anonymousreply 454August 21, 2018 9:13 AM

Trump is trash, he should have been indicted a year ago. Who is Mueller to decide that this scum bucket should not be indicted? No one is above the law in America...we should all be equal.

by Anonymousreply 455August 21, 2018 9:45 AM

Old footage and pics. Manafort violated house arrest conditions and is dutifully in the slammer, doing the best he can with his hairdon’ts

by Anonymousreply 456August 21, 2018 11:27 AM

Don't know for sure, but I'm assuming all the Manafort footage on the news is previous footage.

by Anonymousreply 457August 21, 2018 12:04 PM

R457

by Anonymousreply 458August 21, 2018 12:05 PM

Link @ R412 has Trump now using the word 'disgusting' for Mueller's investigation. Odd that an inquiry seeking only ultimate clarification should elicit such strong language.

Most recently of course Trump referred to the word he's supposedly never used as 'disgusting', so disgust is much on his mind. (We know how he feels.)

A vile pejorative and a forensic examination into corruption thus share the same status in Trump's 'mind.' Tragic but not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 459August 21, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote] Trump is trash, he should have been indicted a year ago.

Should have been indicted by SDNY years ago, him and all of his Russian mob cohorts. They crawl all over the Tri-state area like maggots and have been getting away with money laundering and worse for years. Read somewhere that Giuliani created the vacuum that helped the Russians infiltrate organized crime in America when he prosecuted all the Italian mobsters. I wonder now whether he was on the FSB payroll even then.

by Anonymousreply 460August 21, 2018 1:13 PM

R460, I'm sure Rudy is on Mueller's radar, my popcorn is popping.

by Anonymousreply 461August 21, 2018 1:34 PM

A detailed report of Manafort's fuckery. The good news is that Manafort is broke and he will be broke for the rest of his pathetic life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 21, 2018 1:36 PM

[quote]They crawl all over the Tri-state area like maggots and have been getting away with money laundering and worse for years.

Yep. Make millions illegally and the law looks the other way -- it's too "complicated" to pursue -- but smoke a joint while black and you'll get jail time.

by Anonymousreply 463August 21, 2018 1:38 PM

If you're lucky and don't get put in a choke hold first R463.

by Anonymousreply 464August 21, 2018 1:44 PM

Bolton possibly tied to Butina.

Was this already discussed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 21, 2018 1:51 PM

[quote]Was this already discussed?

Yes, but never hurts to remind people.

He telebeamed in to the convention of the Potemkin Russian NRA , bringing greetings from comrades in America.

by Anonymousreply 466August 21, 2018 2:01 PM

The people saying that Trump and co should have been indicted years ago....you are correct, and you can thank Cyrus Vance for the fact that he hasnt been. There were several prosecutions underway and Vance killed them when Trump made political contributions to him...ala Pam Bondi killing the Trump University investigation in Florida when Trump donated to her campaign.

by Anonymousreply 467August 21, 2018 2:30 PM

Ken Starr as President of Baylor University, was fired for his part in sexual assault/rape cover-ups by some football players. The media using him as a source of objectivity and ethics is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 468August 21, 2018 3:00 PM

R397 "There's not a damn thing wrong with Kellyanne and George's marriage."

Only Miss Lindz is allowed to cuss, be an expert on the Conway marriage, and back-up the Bowling Green massacre story.

by Anonymousreply 469August 21, 2018 3:15 PM

Manafort jury has sent the judge a note asking another question.

by Anonymousreply 470August 21, 2018 3:35 PM

And here is the note:

The jury asked in a note: "If we cannot come to a consensus for a single count, how can we fill in the verdict sheet?" The jury note also said they needed a new verdict sheet, and they asked what not coming to a conclusion would mean for the "final verdict."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471August 21, 2018 3:38 PM

It's been previously reported that the prosecution wasn't allowed to submit all of the documents during the Manafort trial, he said not enough time. They also requested that the evidence should be matched with each individual count and the judge said the jury can do that. No wonder they have questions.

by Anonymousreply 472August 21, 2018 3:38 PM

MSNBC: Cohen is in talks with prosecution for possible plea deal.

by Anonymousreply 473August 21, 2018 3:50 PM

Hm. Interesting, R473. I thought he and his Attorney were quite confident?

by Anonymousreply 474August 21, 2018 3:57 PM

Seems like 17 charges are guilty; some kind of hold out for not guilty on one count.

I would take that gladly.

The other way around doesn't make as much sense.

by Anonymousreply 475August 21, 2018 3:58 PM

Cohen Article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476August 21, 2018 3:59 PM

Imagine Trumps meltdown if Manafort is found guilty, and then later this afternoon, Cohen enters a guilty plea as speculated.

by Anonymousreply 477August 21, 2018 4:05 PM

I think Dotard knew Cohen was at least talking to the prosecution. He always goes extra nuts right before something big happens.

by Anonymousreply 478August 21, 2018 4:09 PM

I would be ecstatic if Manafort was guilty on 17 out of 18 counts AND a Cohen plea deal on the same day....Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 479August 21, 2018 4:11 PM

Cough....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 21, 2018 4:17 PM

Ellis has given instructions to jurors and asked them to come to a consensus on all counts. If they cannot, after further deliberation, Ellis said they will "cross that bridge" when they come to it.

by Anonymousreply 481August 21, 2018 4:22 PM

Ah hell, someone just pointed out that the jury appears to agree on the verdicts for 17 counts but NOT that all the verdicts are the same. So it could all be split between some guilty, some not guilty and we're just waiting for the last one.

by Anonymousreply 482August 21, 2018 4:27 PM

Ugh. I want him guilty on all counts, then sentenced to multiple life sentences in prison without parole. And then at his next trial I want him sentenced to multiple life sentences on top of the other ones.

by Anonymousreply 483August 21, 2018 4:29 PM

r482 How would anyone know that the verdicts are not all the same?

by Anonymousreply 484August 21, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]How would anyone know that the verdicts are not all the same?

Nobody's in a position to actually know at this point, but an all or nothing decision is rather unlikely. I don't see him being acquitted on all of the charges, but it's possible he could be convicted on all though somewhat unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 485August 21, 2018 4:35 PM

LOL, r480

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 21, 2018 4:38 PM

This one literally made me laugh out loud for awhile: Trump now blames RUDY for Russia investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 21, 2018 4:38 PM

Deplorable comment.

[quote]It bodes VERY WELL for the defendant. It basically represents a hung jury with no convictions on any counts. Conviction requires all 12 votes. If the prosecution cannot get even 1 of 18, the likelihood of any kind of re-trial effort is slim to none.

Not sure if this guy knows what he's talking about or not. Being a deplorable, likely not.

by Anonymousreply 488August 21, 2018 5:09 PM

CNN now says Cohen in talks to plead guilty, but it's not a potential cooperation deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 21, 2018 5:11 PM

"Not" not just "likely not" r488

by Anonymousreply 490August 21, 2018 5:18 PM

[quote] and that weirdox girl on Twitter says it the son AND the father.

by Anonymousreply 491August 21, 2018 5:24 PM

R488 Of course this idiot doesn't know what he's talking about. They've agreed on 17 counts. While this doesn't mean they've agreed to convict on all 17 counts, it is highly unlikely that they've agreed to acquit on all 17 counts (some of those charges were slam dunk), unless the prosecution fucked up on jury selection and picked all Trump voters (also highly unlikely). Frankly, if the prosecution got a conviction on even 10 on these counts, it would be a win.

Here's a handy list of all the counts. Wonder which one they're hung up on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 21, 2018 5:24 PM

he's a trumpkin, so of course he's an idiot and full of shit

by Anonymousreply 493August 21, 2018 5:30 PM

Of whom are we speaking, R493?

by Anonymousreply 494August 21, 2018 5:35 PM

referenced in R488

by Anonymousreply 495August 21, 2018 5:37 PM

I actually thought this was a proxy trial and Hillary was the real defendant.

by Anonymousreply 496August 21, 2018 5:37 PM

That judge is a piece of shit, pure trumpaneez.

by Anonymousreply 497August 21, 2018 5:37 PM

The beauty of this is that once the trial is over, Paulie gets to answer to the IRS.

What ever he is hiding will be confiscated and sold to the highest bidder.

Find that shit here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498August 21, 2018 5:40 PM

I'm confused. Cohen, I thought the plea deal was with State (taxi medallions etc) but AP just said it was with Federal (Mueller).

by Anonymousreply 499August 21, 2018 5:42 PM

Done deal now. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 500August 21, 2018 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501August 21, 2018 5:52 PM

Cohen deal is done per George Stephanopoulos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502August 21, 2018 5:55 PM

Trump has another rally tonight.

So far the rumor about the Cohen deal is 'not a cooperation deal'. I suppose Trump would take that as a victory.

by Anonymousreply 503August 21, 2018 6:02 PM

I don't know anything about the law, but I'll be pissed if he gets a deal without flipping. Of course it's possible he's cooperating but they want to keep that quiet for now.

by Anonymousreply 504August 21, 2018 6:08 PM

Probably the first charge, r492. Seems to be the most difficult one to prove, as the other charges leave a bigger paper trail.

by Anonymousreply 505August 21, 2018 6:11 PM

From R492’s link:

[quote]Manafort was released Monday on home confinement after posting a $10 million bond. Gates was released on a $5 million bond.

So it looks like some of those strutting in the street all suited up pics could after all be recent.

by Anonymousreply 506August 21, 2018 6:12 PM

I don't think Mueller has dealt with the Cohen trial at all. I think the charges Cohen has pled to are about taxicab business, lying to the banks for loans, etc. I don't think so far it is Trump stuff. They were not able to crack his blackberry as they could not guess the password. Hopefully, he gives up the password with tis plea deal. My guess is the guys in NY will forward a lot of evidence to Mueller now. This is far from over.

by Anonymousreply 507August 21, 2018 6:14 PM

Oh wait, never mind. The article is from October 2017!

by Anonymousreply 508August 21, 2018 6:14 PM

These kind of days causes Sarah to stress eat.

by Anonymousreply 509August 21, 2018 6:15 PM

Yeah r507, Cohen’s plea is with the NY State SE Court, so likely it’s not Stormy-related shit.

by Anonymousreply 510August 21, 2018 6:16 PM

Reporting on Cohen is just all over the place today. I think it was AP that said he agreed to cooperate, others are saying it's just pleading guilty. He'll be in court at 3pm and the prosecutor will speak to the press after.

by Anonymousreply 511August 21, 2018 6:17 PM

Cohen went to Russia for Trump and lied about it. I'd love to hear about that!

by Anonymousreply 512August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

AP says Cohen's plea requires cooperation with the government, AP says the opposite. ABC says it's not clear.

by Anonymousreply 513August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

R504 Yashar Ali says plea deal doesn't include flipping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

I guess I should put that's 3pm central.

by Anonymousreply 515August 21, 2018 6:18 PM

CNBC cameras in Manhattan spotted Michael Cohen entering a building that houses the FBI field office in New York at about 1:45 pm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516August 21, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote]AP says Cohen's plea requires cooperation with the government, AP says the opposite.

Is AP schizophrenic?

by Anonymousreply 517August 21, 2018 6:20 PM

Mea culpa -- CNN says no cooperation. AP says yes.

by Anonymousreply 518August 21, 2018 6:21 PM

R510, this deal is with Federal prosecutors.

by Anonymousreply 519August 21, 2018 6:28 PM

Avanatti says he will cooperate and throw Dump under the bus. 100% likely.

by Anonymousreply 520August 21, 2018 6:28 PM

Former deputy finance chair of the RNC and personal lawyer to the President of the United States Michael Cohen has surrendered himself to the FBI.

I'm sure if that were the DNC and personal lawyer to Hillary Clinton the GOP Congress would be just as silent as they are right now.

by Anonymousreply 521August 21, 2018 6:30 PM

R519, you’re right, my mistake. Anything goes.

by Anonymousreply 522August 21, 2018 6:31 PM

Michael Cohen has surrended to the F.B.I.!!!!

He's expected in court at 4 PM for what is expected to be a plea hearing.

It's happening folks...

by Anonymousreply 523August 21, 2018 6:33 PM

The plea involves Cohen making payments to Trump's mistresses before the election.

But it doesn't involve him cooperating with Mueller?

Not liking this.

by Anonymousreply 524August 21, 2018 6:34 PM

!!

NEW: Michael Cohen, President Trump’s former lawyer, reached a plea agreement with prosecutors investigating payments he made to women for Mr. Trump, a person familiar with the matter said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525August 21, 2018 6:35 PM

Trump must be shitting his Depends this afternoon. Will his 'rally' in West VA still happen? '

by Anonymousreply 526August 21, 2018 6:37 PM

They better not air his fucking white supremicist rally.

by Anonymousreply 527August 21, 2018 6:39 PM

Remember when just fiddling with any party girl outside of the confines of marriage ruined your entire political future?

by Anonymousreply 528August 21, 2018 6:40 PM

Now it's tax fraud, bank fraud and campaign violations (paying off the women).

by Anonymousreply 529August 21, 2018 6:42 PM

Sean Hannity, Fox propagandist, compares Robert Mueller to Josef Stalin's Secret Police Chief.

Desperation tine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530August 21, 2018 6:42 PM

Will be jail time and a fine.

by Anonymousreply 531August 21, 2018 6:44 PM

No way campaign finance violations does not involve Trump! Hopefully, he has tapes to prove Trump knew.

by Anonymousreply 532August 21, 2018 6:47 PM

He's going to jail!!!! LOL!!!!

As part of his plea agreement he will be doing time.

by Anonymousreply 533August 21, 2018 6:47 PM

The deal inludes jail time.

by Anonymousreply 534August 21, 2018 6:48 PM

Jim Acosta

Not a good split screen for the president on the shows.. his former personal attorney surrenders to the FBI with a plea agreement expected soon... as a jury decides the fate of his former campaign chairman.

by Anonymousreply 535August 21, 2018 6:51 PM

According to CNN, he will do a "couple of years" behind bars.

by Anonymousreply 536August 21, 2018 6:52 PM

Michael Avenatti

The developments of today will permit us to have the stay lifted in the civil case & should also permit us to proceed with an expedited deposition of Trump under oath about what he knew, when he knew it, and what he did about it. We will disclose it all to the public.

by Anonymousreply 537August 21, 2018 6:59 PM

All he gets is 3 years?? And is it a case where you get 2 days credit for each day served or does he have to do the full 3 years?

by Anonymousreply 538August 21, 2018 6:59 PM

So is this why Twitler was going nuts this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 539August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I can't look at Hannity's face without seeing a big toe....

by Anonymousreply 540August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Ha, R540 that's the perfect description of his face.

by Anonymousreply 541August 21, 2018 7:02 PM

^^Yeah! Because there’s already the precedent of Clinton having to be deposed in the civil suit brought by Paula Jones!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

The chickens are coming home to roost for the GOP’s decades of nastiness!!

by Anonymousreply 542August 21, 2018 7:02 PM

R539, or it's just another typical weekend at The Orange House.

by Anonymousreply 543August 21, 2018 7:02 PM

He better get more than Martha, r536.

by Anonymousreply 544August 21, 2018 7:02 PM

The GOP has been seeking its own ruin for decades.

by Anonymousreply 545August 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Please let the Manafort guilty verdict come down today!

by Anonymousreply 546August 21, 2018 7:04 PM

Is the verdict expected to come down today? I figured it would still be a few more days.

by Anonymousreply 547August 21, 2018 7:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 21, 2018 7:06 PM

Sort of like when Flynn chanted, "Lock Her Up."

I love that Hillary gets the last laugh on all these fuckers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 21, 2018 7:11 PM

Trump is scheduled to do a campaign rally in West Virginia tonight. He may go off all unhinged. Stephen Miller will have his hands full making him stick to a script. Will Junior Mint try to calm him down?

by Anonymousreply 550August 21, 2018 7:15 PM

Someone should tweet to Jr, "You're up next. xoxo Ivanka"

by Anonymousreply 551August 21, 2018 7:16 PM

Yeah, R549, but Trump has done so damn much damage after stealing the election, with more to come, that I just don't have the heart to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 552August 21, 2018 7:16 PM

r550 He'll probably whip himself into a frenzy, pull security clearances from everyone in the intelligence community and then announce he's pardoning Cohen.

Or, hopefully, the fact fuck works himself up into a fatal heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 553August 21, 2018 7:18 PM

Is Cohen the one who said to his "enemies," "I'll destroy you!" ?

by Anonymousreply 554August 21, 2018 7:18 PM

*Fat fuck. Of course no facts will be included.

by Anonymousreply 555August 21, 2018 7:18 PM

You can't pardon someone who takes a plea deal can you?

And at what point did Cohen realize Dotard wasn't going to save him?

by Anonymousreply 556August 21, 2018 7:19 PM

Worried... This is a big move and could prompt some kind of backlash from the cabal. Knowing this, actually going forward with it means that the investigation is ready to roll with the punches and embrace the momentum that's going to be caused by this -- that they have much of what they need to keep fighting.

by Anonymousreply 557August 21, 2018 7:20 PM

It's like, you don't attack a portion of an enemy's territory unless you're prepared to engage in a wider war against the enemy, because it's possible that by attacking that portion, you'll prompt the enemy to punch back hard. So it must mean that the attacker in this case, the investigation, is prepared for a counterattack.

by Anonymousreply 558August 21, 2018 7:21 PM

r556 There were some reporters on the radio saying Cohen may be banking on Trump pardoning him before he starts serving his jail sentence. They seemed to think Trump could pardon. They could be wrong, of course.

by Anonymousreply 559August 21, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]Sean Hannity, Fox propagandist, compares Robert Mueller to Josef Stalin's Secret Police Chief.

Hahah how much do you want to bet that Hannity gets fucked over by Cohen's plea deal too? He is after all Cohen's only other client.

by Anonymousreply 560August 21, 2018 7:24 PM

R559 then why wouldn't Cohen have just waited to be charged with something if he was thinking Trump would pardon anyway?

by Anonymousreply 561August 21, 2018 7:24 PM

[quote]Hahah how much do you want to bet that Hannity gets fucked over by Cohen's plea deal too? He is after all Cohen's only other client.

He was never Cohen's client!!!!!

He just got a bunch of legal advice from him BUT HE WAS NEVER A CLIENT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 562August 21, 2018 7:25 PM

The sooner he pleads guilty, the sooner he can get pardoned -- and he doesn't have to put his family through the stress of a trial.

by Anonymousreply 563August 21, 2018 7:26 PM

If Cohen is expecting a pardon, maybe reaching a plea deal is a way to avoid a messy trial? Can lawyers comment? Could far worse things come out in a trial?

by Anonymousreply 564August 21, 2018 7:27 PM

Don't forget that it was through Cohen's tape that Mueller was able to get a subpoena for Trump's accountant. This is a story that's not been covered in much detail yet. The accountant has worked for the Trumps for 45 years, knows all the shell companies, how all the money laundering went down. We'll hear all about that sometime in the future

by Anonymousreply 565August 21, 2018 7:27 PM

I love how Gouliani et al rages and rants, and Mueller's team just keeps chugging along, totally quiet except when it matters. It's like this --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 21, 2018 7:31 PM

Interesting analysis by Liz Holtzman on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 567August 21, 2018 7:34 PM

According to Rachel Maddow, Alex van der Zwaan is the Belgian attorney who served time already. His wife is the daughter of the oligarch owner of Alpha Bank which had those weird communications with servers in Trump Tower. Creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568August 21, 2018 7:44 PM

Okay... R567?

Care to share with the class?

by Anonymousreply 569August 21, 2018 7:44 PM

R569, it was just on. She basically said Trump is in a corner and things are accelerating.

Rachel last night below... interesting stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570August 21, 2018 7:47 PM

Trump’s done. Stick a fork in him.

by Anonymousreply 571August 21, 2018 7:50 PM

R571... from your lips to...

by Anonymousreply 572August 21, 2018 7:52 PM

The noose is tightening around Trump.

by Anonymousreply 573August 21, 2018 7:56 PM

What disgusting thing is Trump going to do now that he's in a corner? How will he lash out?

by Anonymousreply 574August 21, 2018 7:57 PM

It's sort of frightening to think about how much more unhinged Dotard will become in the future.

by Anonymousreply 575August 21, 2018 7:57 PM

I love how he taunts them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576August 21, 2018 8:01 PM

A plea deal is just the beginning. Cohen will get certainty about his punishment, but only on the crimes he pleads guilty to. He can still reduce the punishment by cooperating with the prosecutors in the future. And he still has to worry about other charges being filed later.

by Anonymousreply 577August 21, 2018 8:02 PM

[quote]And he still has to worry about other charges being filed later.

And State charges, right?

by Anonymousreply 578August 21, 2018 8:03 PM

r578 You are correct, sir.

by Anonymousreply 579August 21, 2018 8:08 PM

Another note?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580August 21, 2018 8:14 PM

Link to new thread for when this fills up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581August 21, 2018 8:15 PM

Manafort jury unable to reach agreement on 10 counts.

by Anonymousreply 582August 21, 2018 8:26 PM

MANAFORT GUILTY ON EIGHT COUNTS is the headline r582 jesus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583August 21, 2018 8:27 PM

It wasn’t the CNN headline, R583.

by Anonymousreply 584August 21, 2018 8:29 PM

10 counts going to retrial...

by Anonymousreply 585August 21, 2018 8:31 PM

We don’t know if the eight counts they’ve decided on are guilty or not.

by Anonymousreply 586August 21, 2018 8:32 PM

R585

by Anonymousreply 587August 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Yeah settle down R583

by Anonymousreply 588August 21, 2018 8:33 PM

Guilty.

by Anonymousreply 589August 21, 2018 8:36 PM

Manafort found guilty. He is totally fucked.

by Anonymousreply 590August 21, 2018 8:37 PM

That's guilty! Guilty guilty guilty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591August 21, 2018 8:37 PM

His hair! Won’t someone please think about his hair?!

by Anonymousreply 592August 21, 2018 8:38 PM

I only hire the best!!

by Anonymousreply 593August 21, 2018 8:39 PM

I don't suppose the West Virginia rally will go like this ...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594August 21, 2018 8:44 PM

GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!

On 8 counts. Still deliberating the remaining charges, as of 4:40 pm.

by Anonymousreply 595August 21, 2018 8:44 PM

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

by Anonymousreply 596August 21, 2018 8:45 PM

Mistrial declared on 10 charges. Guilty on 8. See link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 21, 2018 8:46 PM

5 counts of tax fraud

1 count of illegal foreign accounts

2 counts of bank fraud

ALL pardonable offenses

by Anonymousreply 598August 21, 2018 8:49 PM

If they retry him on the other ten, can that be combined with his other trial, or does it have to be separate because they are separate jurisdictions?

by Anonymousreply 599August 21, 2018 8:49 PM

Now Cohen is pleading guilty to 8 counts! 8 is the magic number!!

by Anonymousreply 600August 21, 2018 8:50 PM

Cohen pleaded guilty to paying hush money and being reimbursed by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 601August 21, 2018 8:52 PM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602August 21, 2018 8:57 PM

And just to top it off Republican congressman Duncan Hunter (California District 50) just got indicted. Another seat for Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 603August 22, 2018 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!