Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44)

Continued Discussion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 17, 2018 3:56 AM

Link to new thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1August 12, 2018 8:39 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

My Treasons Are Not My Own (The Mueller Investigation Part 33) (07/08/18)

The Treasons a Baby Cries (The Mueller Investigation Part 34) (07/13/19)

Get to Know Your Family Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 35) (07/15/18)

All You Got To Do is Hold Him And Kiss Him and Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 36) (07/17/18)

Fall or Spring? Which Would / Wouldn't Be Your Favorite Treason? (The Mueller Investigation Part 37) (07/18/18)

It's the Time of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 38) (07/21/18)

My Treasonal Summer Job Abroad (The Mueller Investigation Part 39) (07/25/18)

Yellow is the Color of the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 40) (07/27/18)

The Treason for my Life's Trials and Tribulations (The Mueller Investigation Part 41)1) (07/31/18)

Hunting Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 42) (08/04/18)

It's Swimsuit Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 43) (08/07/18)

Treasonably Priced (The Mueller Investigation Part 44) (08/12/18)

by Anonymousreply 2August 12, 2018 8:40 AM

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhh OP - gotta hand it to you. You've done it again!!!

by Anonymousreply 3August 12, 2018 8:56 AM

It's way too soon but I might forget: Double Treason Hotel, Moscow

by Anonymousreply 4August 12, 2018 8:57 AM

Wonder what Madame Kirstin told?

by Anonymousreply 5August 12, 2018 10:26 AM

That photo is scary.

by Anonymousreply 6August 12, 2018 10:29 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 7August 12, 2018 11:07 AM

My burning question is will he be allowed to touch up his roots? All I kept wondering during Sadaam Hussein’s trial is who is supplying his hair dye and why, with all the atrocities he’s committed, is he allowed that privilege?

by Anonymousreply 8August 12, 2018 11:57 AM

You are right, R8. Phil Spector didn't get such treatment.

by Anonymousreply 9August 12, 2018 12:15 PM

[quote]"Trump didn't drain the swamp. He swamped the drain."

Pithy. The Dems should use it, god knows they need something better than "for the people".

by Anonymousreply 10August 12, 2018 12:49 PM

Just throwing this out there for a future thread:

All Treasonable Offers Considered

by Anonymousreply 11August 12, 2018 1:21 PM

Just turn these threads into suggestions for new thread titles with play on the word treason, and chase away people who have content to offer.

by Anonymousreply 12August 12, 2018 1:53 PM

I was reading the Newsweek link in the other thread about Ohr's wife, and came across this. Worth reading....I guess a lot of people were "frustrated" with Comey...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 12, 2018 1:57 PM

r11, way, way too early to start with thread title suggestions. Geez.

by Anonymousreply 14August 12, 2018 3:00 PM

I want the plaid jacket (top row, second from right) and have alerts ready for when Kathy puts it all up on Craigslist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 12, 2018 3:27 PM

Either Jerry Falwell, Jr. is somehow implicated in this Russian mess or he's as stupid as the rubes he and his father have fleeced over the past several decades. Friday he tweeted:

Are there any grownups w/ integrity left in the DOJ? When I was a kid, I watched Repubs join Dems to force Nixon out. Now Dems won’t join Repubs to lock up Comey, Lynch, Ohr, Rosenstein, Strzok, @HillaryClinton, @BarackObama & maybe even @jeffsessions despite damning evidence!

by Anonymousreply 16August 12, 2018 3:31 PM

That apple didn't fall from its tree, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17August 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Remind me again why Hillary and Obama should be arrested?

Yeah exactly, no reason.

Conservatives and Republicunts just think if they say things loud enough and often enough, that people will automatically start to believe they must be true; sorry Repukes, with most thinking rational people it doesn't work that way.

by Anonymousreply 18August 12, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote]Remind me again why Hillary and Obama should be arrested?

Um, because they something something uranium and emails, that’s why! (Also one of them is black and the other has a vagina and a shrill voice.)

by Anonymousreply 19August 12, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]Conservatives and Republicunts just think if they say things loud enough and often enough, that people will automatically start to believe they must be true; sorry Repukes, with most thinking rational people it doesn't work that way.

Hon, that's exactly how it works!

by Anonymousreply 20August 12, 2018 4:41 PM

Carrying over from the last thread....the Russians didn't need to hack Lindsey's emails to get blackmail dirt, they just had to ask his former campaign manager Christian Ferry.

Christian worked for both Lindsey and John McCain. Then he went to work with Manafort for Viktor Yanukovych. And now he works for a pro-Russian group in Latvia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 12, 2018 5:48 PM

^^^Oh Lawdy!

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2018 6:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2018 7:21 PM

Omarosa’s credibility looks pretty good so far. The media appear to be vetting her significant claims in reverse order of magnitude: first with the firing story, next with the n-word, and finally with her claims about the president’s mental fitness.

She’s 1/1 so far, and her account of how she was fired is standing up well to scrutiny.

Do we think she will go 3/3?

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2018 8:32 PM

She probably will keep at least one bombshell for the actual book readers to find out. I mean, if she spills all the good stuff during the promotion who will bother to buy the book?

by Anonymousreply 25August 12, 2018 8:34 PM

R24 The thing is all this Trump shit should have been exposed by journalists in the first place and not doled out for profit by a reality show has-been. The media created this reality shit show we're in by NOT vetting Trump with his long history of crimes and misbehavior like they should have.

by Anonymousreply 26August 12, 2018 8:36 PM

I agree, r26, and rank Michael Wolf’s book as one of the most important books of the era because it did just what you describe. His Hollywood Reporter coverage during the campaign was almost equally revealing.

by Anonymousreply 27August 12, 2018 8:49 PM

OP, thanks for keeping this going! Another great thread title!

by Anonymousreply 28August 12, 2018 8:59 PM

There's literally nothing Omarasa could say about him that the world doesn't already know. What could Omarosa possibly reveal that would shock or change anyone's opinion about Dotard?

by Anonymousreply 29August 12, 2018 9:00 PM

R29 An ongoing extramarital affair, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 30August 12, 2018 9:05 PM

R29 Or Trump can tweet something really racist about Omarosa! If I were Trump's babysitters, I would be very nervous.

by Anonymousreply 31August 12, 2018 9:09 PM

Pussygate DID some good. There were SEVERAL famous Republicans like Ahnuld who disavowed Trump.

Just because it didn't completely counter the Russian hacking does not mean it was worthless.

Plus, lots of women spoke out about their hatred of Trump because of Pussygate.

Let Omarosa's actions chip away at him.

Why are you fighting this?

by Anonymousreply 32August 12, 2018 9:09 PM

R32 Yes, instead of attacking Omarosa directly, people should counter those deplorable attacking Omarosa's character with: how is Trump any different?

by Anonymousreply 33August 12, 2018 9:12 PM

R33 That's killing two lowlifes with one stone.

by Anonymousreply 34August 12, 2018 9:13 PM

R30 and how would that surprise anyone or change any of their opinions about them?

At this point I literally cannot think of a single thing that would make Deplorables turn on him.

by Anonymousreply 35August 12, 2018 9:14 PM

Turds, R34. Sorry for my inelegance.

by Anonymousreply 36August 12, 2018 9:14 PM

R31, sadly that would re-energize his base. Rethuglicans wouldn't do anything about it and Democrats already know he's a racist.

[quote]Why are you fighting this?

Who is fighting it?

by Anonymousreply 37August 12, 2018 9:16 PM

R35 The Deplorables are a minority. You don't need to change them. We just need to whip up a fierce enough anti-Trump sentiment to get lazy asses to vote against him and his party.

by Anonymousreply 38August 12, 2018 9:21 PM

"My momma used to call my affliction manic-depression. Today I believe the proper term is bi-polar. Except their ain't nothing bi about me in other parts of my life." - Sen Linz (R-Closet)

by Anonymousreply 39August 12, 2018 9:26 PM

I mean "there" ugh!

by Anonymousreply 40August 12, 2018 9:26 PM

Why do they keep having KAC on any show? She spins and lies so much she makes SSH look like Honest Abe. Why have them on when you know exactly what you are going to get? Enough already!

by Anonymousreply 41August 12, 2018 9:34 PM

The only thing that would be best for the US and the rest of the world when Trump, his Deplorables and other supporters (including the Koch Bros and the Mercers / 1% and their paid lackeys), and Putin go down simultaneously. Just cover the ground with salt and make sure nothing bad can ever grow out of that cursed ground.

by Anonymousreply 42August 12, 2018 9:43 PM

The view from 50,000 feet as I see it: we’re in a sort of holding pattern where we can basically see the outlines of the criminal activity that touches the president. It’s our daily reality, however obscure in the collective psyche. We’ve tacitly accepted it as a ground truth in the political discourse.

There will be some reveal, some turn of events that serves as a fulcrum, a “can’t go back moment” that shocks us into clearly seeing this reality for what it is: a vast conspiracy of criminal actors and complicit bystanders. I suspect that reveal may come during the Manafort trial in D.C. The levee of obscurity will have to break soon.

by Anonymousreply 43August 12, 2018 10:10 PM

"The levee of obscurity will have to break soon."

Unfortunately, it won't break soon. It will be a long, drawn out process, with lots of pain, suffering and dislocation, just like the fall of Germany in WWII.

And just like Germany in WWII, the US will ultimately be destroyed in the process.

Thanks, Republicans and Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 44August 12, 2018 10:14 PM

Lindsey touts his appearance on Fox News Sunday.

He did take Saturday off from near daily appearances.

Sounds like Hannity, Levin, and Graham are coordinating their messaging following dinner with DJT last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45August 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Lindsey's Emails!

Authoritarianism expert hints Lindsey Graham may be covering for Trump due to the 2016 hacking of Graham's Emails.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 12, 2018 11:58 PM

R46, I wouldn’t mind seeing Lindsay’s Grindr registration email. I think it’s time for him to come out of the closet instead of living in fear.

by Anonymousreply 47August 13, 2018 12:02 AM

How many tokens has he dropped on chaturbate?

by Anonymousreply 48August 13, 2018 12:14 AM

What could possibly be in his emails that would get Miz L to of this? He’s gay? Hunny, we know this already! I don’t even think his constituents would be so stupid as to believe otherwise.

Who is he fucking that’s so horrible? Illegal immigrants? Abortionists? Black guys? Nancy Pelosi?

by Anonymousreply 49August 13, 2018 12:26 AM

I'm trying to remain unbiased about Omarosa. I'm trying to be aware enough to not just take her side because she's fucking with Trump. She's always been a pretty awful person so I don't want to jump on her bandwagon now for the simple reason that that bandwagon is running over the Turd in Chief. But...

I'm finding her really believable and she's handling the questioning very well. I hope she taped everything and each time they call her a liar she says, "Oh, really!" and pulls out a recording like she'd done with the firing tape. (We'll just leave the fact that not only did the Chief of Staff take her into the situation room but he let himself be taped alone for now. I hope Trump didn't give the Russians a tour of the Sit Room after their little get-together in the Oval.)

by Anonymousreply 50August 13, 2018 12:26 AM

Graham's behavior is a180 from McCain's view of Trump and support of the investigation.

It would be interesting to know if the FBI knew what were in those Emails and if they were shared with the Mueller investigation.

Graham has gotten anti-FBI/anti-Mueller Investigation as much as Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan, and Mark Meadows.

Something happened and it was sudden months back.

by Anonymousreply 51August 13, 2018 12:34 AM

R49 it is safe to say Nancy Pelosi can be removed from your list.

by Anonymousreply 52August 13, 2018 12:39 AM

Well, Miz L is particularly enraged about FISA warrants on Carter Page & George Papadopoulos. You don't suppose......

by Anonymousreply 53August 13, 2018 12:51 AM

Our classiest President ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 13, 2018 1:58 AM

Someone should point out to the biker in R54's pic that a patch saying you love "guns and titties" implies you're bisexual. "Trump hangs out with Bisexual Bikers!" Can we make that trend somehow?

by Anonymousreply 55August 13, 2018 2:10 AM

Meanwhile, Devin Nunes spent the weekend in....

...Azerbaijan.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation for that of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 13, 2018 2:15 AM

Isnt that where Trump has that hotel project that was funded by the Royal Iranian Guard ?......the same one Ivanka made the videos for ?

by Anonymousreply 57August 13, 2018 2:19 AM

Trump will eventually defect to Russia. You can bet on it.

He also thinks that Vlad is his “friend” and won’t understand why Vlad never returns his calls.

by Anonymousreply 58August 13, 2018 2:26 AM

Looks like Nunes may be obstructing again.

by Anonymousreply 59August 13, 2018 2:47 AM

Jesus Christ, how is Nunes not in prison?

by Anonymousreply 60August 13, 2018 3:13 AM

Again, thank all of you who post, and the OP.

by Anonymousreply 61August 13, 2018 3:17 AM

Nunes is such a moron, but so dangerous. If Democrats take the House and Senate, we can put him under the magnifying glass until he squirms and pops in the intense heat like the insect that he is

by Anonymousreply 62August 13, 2018 3:23 AM

Why no thread or comments on the big failure of the Racist Right in Washington, D.C. today? I thought you guys would definitely have a thread on that. Is it too much to be hopeful that the incredibly low turnout compared to Charlottesville, a year ago, means they are running out of steam? I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 63August 13, 2018 3:25 AM

r63 someone remarked that there are more "White nationalists" in the US Congress than showed up today in DC

by Anonymousreply 64August 13, 2018 3:28 AM

r64, start with the entire "freedom" caucus...

by Anonymousreply 65August 13, 2018 3:40 AM

r53 I'm a titch deflated this has nothing to do with gentlemen callers, nor was his account hacked to get at his blue ribbon pecan pie, but this pictorial chart attempts to track why Lindsey Graham and others changed their tune about Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 13, 2018 3:44 AM

Their leaders, including Richard Spencer and Andrew Anglin, warned them to stay away.

by Anonymousreply 67August 13, 2018 3:45 AM

Following up on Omarosa:

[quote]Current and former Trump staffers don’t know what conversations Manigault Newman recorded. Therefore, they can’t publicly deny any charge they know to be true, or even suspect might be true, for fear that she can release audio proving them to be liars (and enhancing her own credibility in the process.) This passage in Politico’s account, the second-to-last paragraph, illustrates the dilemma for Trump loyalists. “Manigault Newman’s reputation for deceit has also made people fear her. ‘I don’t know what tapes she has on me,’ said a former colleague, explaining his reluctance to comment on her accusations.’ ”

[quote]The story frames this dynamic as Manigault Newman’s “deceit,” but what the source is actually saying is that her weapon is having proof of what is true. Trump’s people are the ones afraid to engage in deceit, at least on the record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 13, 2018 3:54 AM

r68 all of that is predicated on the idea that there is something fantastically revealing on her "tapes." If there was, don't you think they'd make sure it was out there while she had our attention? If it's just her firing and some other random shit, it won't amount to much. If she had anything good, we'd know about it by now. This is a publicity stunt.

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2018 4:01 AM

R69 But a publicity stunt that paralyzed the WH staff! Even though that staff must consist of the stupidest creeps on the planet... Still what a stunt!

by Anonymousreply 70August 13, 2018 4:10 AM

Anything that causes him grief is fine with me.

by Anonymousreply 71August 13, 2018 4:12 AM

R71: Yep!

by Anonymousreply 72August 13, 2018 4:14 AM

I am surprised that Kelly himself did not record the meeting.

People need to watch The Death Of Stalin to understand this administration.

by Anonymousreply 73August 13, 2018 4:51 AM

Whoa, R73, the opening credits for Death of Stalin were playing just as I read you comment. I'll just take that as a sign that Trump will be dead soon. (Although, I have tended to take anything as a sign Trump will be dead soon, so...)

by Anonymousreply 74August 13, 2018 5:37 AM

Is Death of Stalin on HBO? Showtime? Netflix? (Apologies for minor thread derailment.)

by Anonymousreply 75August 13, 2018 9:55 AM

I loved Death Of Stalin. Funny shit. In somewhat related news, I was binge watching the first few seasons of Veep (created by the same guy) and was shocked how un-shocking it is now. Trump has been so much more incompetent and disgusting that the characters and situations on the show seem weirdly bland now.

by Anonymousreply 76August 13, 2018 10:14 AM

If Manacuck is getting the VIP treatment, that just means they're using lube. He's probably having a grand time in there with all his repressed gay fantasies.

by Anonymousreply 77August 13, 2018 11:02 AM

I know R76! Had this conversation with fiends just the other day! We’d all loved Veep and it seemed so wicked at the time - and the Hijinks and nastiness kept getting ratcheted up each season -

...and now it seems quaint and dated. And somehow ineffectual - like - shit, that’s the best you can come up with?

Real life events have left it in their dust. And rather than the epitomy of jaded and cynical - it seems naive and oddly innocent.

by Anonymousreply 78August 13, 2018 11:05 AM

I'd kill for a Selina Meyer presidency right now.

Mike McClintock > Sarah Huckabee Sanders

by Anonymousreply 79August 13, 2018 11:21 AM

Why does none of those news anchors ask Miss Lindz about the over $800,000 given to her PAC by a Ruskie oligarch around 2016?

The absurdity of attacking federal investigations while your own financial interests smell of rotting flounder.

by Anonymousreply 80August 13, 2018 12:46 PM

I know it’s been referenced before but if you follow this thread, you should be listening to the Mueller She Wrote podcast. These women are smart, informed and funny. It’ll make you realise that however well intentioned some outlets are in the mainstream media (if biased in Trump’s favour), there is so much more going on in this investigation.

Ghouliani’s The Lube The Truth” tour - as the ladies refer to it - exists in a vacuum. When the findings of this investigation are known, people (likely Trump supporters) are going to shit themselves. This is going to be HUGE. And of course it would be - because Mueller is 1,000x smarter than Trump and his ilk. The man will go down in history as the prosecutor that saved American democracy.

Why Trump ever thought he could withstand the spotlight of the Presidency is just insane. The take down is going to be huge.

by Anonymousreply 81August 13, 2018 12:59 PM

R76, I read "somewhere" that Julia Louis-Dreyfus was dismayed by how much Trump had diluted the impact of her show's humor.

I'm awaiting the Schadenfreude of Schadenfreudes, the Big Comeuppance. It can't happen soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 82August 13, 2018 1:07 PM

I'm with R80. The media needs to highlight the $800,000 Miz Lindsey Graham got from the Russians and they need to make sure Nunes' witness tampering is exposed! It is outrageous that that fucker can actually travel to Azerbajan or WTF ever, and meet with a potential witness before he testifies. O.U.T.R.A.G.E.O.U.S. That is stunning news.

by Anonymousreply 83August 13, 2018 1:22 PM

The Crypt-Keeper would like Jeff Sessions to appoint an independent counsel to investigation the investigators. He suggest former FBI Director Louis Freeh.

Rudy Giuliani ‏Verified account @RudyGiuliani 1h1 hour ago

To my friend Jeff Sessions: Appoint an Independent Counsel like Louis Freeh or Judge Mukasey to investigate the “investigation and investigators..” Also unlike the illegal Mueller appointment you will be able to cite, as law requires, alleged crimes.

Remember that casino in Saipan run by a Trump protege that was raided by the FBI last year? I'll bet Louis Freeh does.

[quote] The casino, run by an executive who cut his teeth in Atlantic City casinos then owned by Donald Trump, enlisted a slate of luminary overseers including former leaders of both the Republican and Democratic national parties in the U.S.

Its board members include James Woolsey, who ran the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency in the early 1990s and was among national-security advisers to Trump’s presidential campaign. Former FBI director Louis Freeh and Ed Rendell, a former Pennsylvania governor and Democratic National Committee chairman, sit on an advisory committee, as does Haley Barbour, the ex-Mississippi governor and Republican National Committee chairman who’s now a prominent lobbyist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 13, 2018 1:33 PM

Oh ffs. I've been on Datalounge for a decade and still can't multi-quote. I'll try again.

Rudy did a Tweet: [quote] Rudy Giuliani ‏Verified account @RudyGiuliani 1h1 hour ago

To my friend Jeff Sessions: Appoint an Independent Counsel like Louis Freeh or Judge Mukasey to investigate the “investigation and investigators..” Also unlike the illegal Mueller appointment you will be able to cite, as law requires, alleged crimes.

Louise Freeh was on the board of a casino in Saipan with ties to Trump.

[quote]Its board members include James Woolsey, who ran the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency in the early 1990s and was among national-security advisers to Trump’s presidential campaign. Former FBI director Louis Freeh and Ed Rendell, a former Pennsylvania governor and Democratic National Committee chairman, sit on an advisory committee, as does Haley Barbour, the ex-Mississippi governor and Republican National Committee chairman who’s now a prominent lobbyist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 13, 2018 1:51 PM

I quit.

by Anonymousreply 86August 13, 2018 1:51 PM

Hush!!! You're doing FINE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87August 13, 2018 2:06 PM

So, I’m the person who said that Manafort’s accountant (the one who received immunity and was recently fired from her firm) lived in my building here in D.C. I recognized her from the papers last week and told you all. Well, well, well, I was chatting with this new woman who just moved in and I was asking her what she did for work. She said that she was a forensic accountant. I asked her if she had been following the Manafort trial.

“Follow it? I just testified in it three days ago.” She is the forensic accountant who testified for the prosecution just last week. So, there is yet another person from the Manafort trial who lives in my building.

I feel like the next time I walk into my elevator, Rick Gates or someone will be casually standing in the corner.

Just for fun, two blocks away from us lives Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayer...

by Anonymousreply 88August 13, 2018 2:42 PM

Where do you live R88? Alexandria?

by Anonymousreply 89August 13, 2018 2:46 PM

R89, mid-city D.C.

by Anonymousreply 90August 13, 2018 2:50 PM

So, R88, thanks for the invite. We're all looking forward to the dinner party you're throwing for the Manafort verdict celebration party. I'm looking forward to meeting your "honored guests."

by Anonymousreply 91August 13, 2018 2:58 PM

You are close to 12th and U, r88?

Does Anthony Weiner still live in the same building as Justice Sotomayer?

by Anonymousreply 92August 13, 2018 3:04 PM

[quote]Just for fun, two blocks away from us lives Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor

What a HOT and SPICY turn of events!

by Anonymousreply 93August 13, 2018 3:05 PM

Same here R93, at 14th and V. My friend lives in her building.

by Anonymousreply 94August 13, 2018 3:07 PM

R88 is my new BFF. You are perfectly positioned to give us some "informed speculation."

by Anonymousreply 95August 13, 2018 3:08 PM

I wish we had posters who knew people who worked on the Hill. House staff members Senate staffers, committee staffers. I want to hear gossip and dirt on Nunes et al.

by Anonymousreply 96August 13, 2018 3:09 PM

^ I could swear there are posters who've mentioned having friends on the Hill, R96. Come out, come out, wherever you are, ya fat whores!

by Anonymousreply 97August 13, 2018 3:12 PM

R94, are you in Union Row?

by Anonymousreply 98August 13, 2018 3:20 PM

There was that app for a while on Capitol Hill where all the staffers were spilling the tea left and right.

It was promptly shut down.

by Anonymousreply 99August 13, 2018 3:23 PM

Yes R98

by Anonymousreply 100August 13, 2018 3:23 PM

Dayum r88, that IS good shit!!!!!!! Keep it coming. You really and truly need to milk your sources, I don’t care if you’re a gay man, maybe you’ll need to sleep with some frau CPA’s to get us the good stuff. I would do the same for you!!!! Do whatever it takes, use all of your innate gay gifts of socializing and relationships to get those bitches to talk! Plus, by fulfilling your gossip duty to the DL, you will restore the integrity of the once mighty gossip train that is the DL.

by Anonymousreply 101August 13, 2018 3:24 PM

I have R99 hidden for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 102August 13, 2018 3:24 PM

R100 - We are neighbors.

Don’t you love our new concierge?

by Anonymousreply 103August 13, 2018 3:27 PM

Also, r88, did you get her to elaborate at all on where this Manafort trial is headed, maybe using humor? I’m DYING to hear tidbits from that woman. Without revealing too much, what industry do you work in? I’m just trying to imagine you talking to these dowdy CPA’s.

by Anonymousreply 104August 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Juicy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 13, 2018 3:34 PM

R100 which one? There seems to be a new one weekly. I am in the warehouses. I think we should discontinue this communication for fear of stoking the wrath of the DL.

by Anonymousreply 106August 13, 2018 3:34 PM

R81 I just subscribed to the podcast. Do you recommend any to get started? Or a few that give a big picture understanding?

by Anonymousreply 107August 13, 2018 3:34 PM

WHOA!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 13, 2018 3:44 PM

Just a reminder of what a horrible ass is in the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 13, 2018 3:53 PM

Dumb republicans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 13, 2018 3:54 PM

Trump's base be base, r110.

by Anonymousreply 111August 13, 2018 4:11 PM

Stephen Miller: even his family hates him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 13, 2018 4:18 PM

r108 And yet the Hillary-hating agents in the NY FBI office who leaked to Rudy and other Republicans haven't been fired nor even named in public. I'll be their texts are pretty interesting. Everyone keeps saying there is an investigation into those agents but there is no proof that investigation is actually happening.

The Director of the FBI, a Trump appointee, just let his Deputy fire the FBI's top Russia expert.

by Anonymousreply 113August 13, 2018 4:21 PM

The forensic accountant is not a dowdy CPA frau. She’s actually quite beautiful and is, by my estimation, in her mid-to-late 30s. We didn’t touch on any specifics of her testimony (the details of what she testified to are available on Google), but she did mention that her work weeks were extremely busy. She had just come in from a run and we chatted at the concierge desk while both waiting for packages.

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2018 4:25 PM

r88, go Russian on her, maybe she needs a GBF???

Grab her as a DL asset!

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2018 4:34 PM

R115

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2018 4:36 PM

So true R113! Who is protecting them?

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2018 4:38 PM

The corporate media is now obsessed about Omarosa, but can't address the current behaviors of Nunes, Graham, Stone, etc.

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2018 5:15 PM

I’m surprised that leaked tape of Devin Nunes has not been a bigger deal. It clearly shows that the House Russo-publicans have no interest whatsoever in protecting the country and are blatantly running defense/offense for Trump the man. Not that this wasn’t already obvious to anyone who’s been living in the U.S. for the past year and a half and has a working brain. But it really doesn’t seem to have stuck.

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2018 5:19 PM

r88's forensic accountant sounds hot!

Thanks for the tidbit!

by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2018 5:19 PM

R118, very true. You throw them a bone and they drop everything. Can they not multitask?

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2018 5:20 PM

r117 Christopher Wray's former law firm represents Gazprom and Rosneft, and some reports say they also represented Sberbank and Alfa Bank. I wonder what those organizations think about the firing of the FBI's top Russia expert? Wray talks a good game in public but so far he's fired every agent Trump has gone after and he also has a habit of giving in to whatever demands Nunes makes. And also...Donald Trump appointed him. Does anyone really think Donald was going to appoint someone to the FBI who didn't take his little loyalty test?

I want to believe Wray is a patriot, but right now I don't. I need some proof. Firing the agents who tried to sabotage Clinton and leaked to Republicans instead of protecting them would be a good start.

by Anonymousreply 122August 13, 2018 5:26 PM

Fake Prez trolls John Kasich, Kasich responds with GIF shade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 13, 2018 5:26 PM

Do Manafort trial updates fit under the Mueller Investigation? Love to see some speculation here about the contents of a sealed motion and a sealed document filed today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 13, 2018 5:45 PM

Maybe Mueller is subpoenaing the ostriches that we’re skinned to make that hideous coat.

by Anonymousreply 125August 13, 2018 5:46 PM

Could it be a plea deal?

by Anonymousreply 126August 13, 2018 5:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a plea deal.

Wasn't it reported that the Defense only had one witness?

by Anonymousreply 127August 13, 2018 6:09 PM

Mr. Kellyanne piles on with Kasich. What a weird divergence of views he and The Smelly One have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 13, 2018 6:13 PM

Wow her husband really rips the administration a lot.

by Anonymousreply 129August 13, 2018 6:25 PM

Yes r124,, the Mueller investigation uncovered criminal activity and brought the charges against Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 130August 13, 2018 6:34 PM

R129

by Anonymousreply 131August 13, 2018 6:38 PM

So Jerry Falsewell has been going hard after Sessons.

This is a strange feud.

Franklin Scam III is neck deep in this too.

Wonder what is going on there.

by Anonymousreply 132August 13, 2018 6:41 PM

Top GOP Congressman’s Son Gives Money To Democrat Running For Father’s Seat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 13, 2018 6:49 PM

Stock market is looking a little shaky.

by Anonymousreply 134August 13, 2018 7:48 PM

r132 They love Putin because of his anti-gay agenda. Frank wrote an article about it all the way back in 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 13, 2018 7:57 PM

The far right evangelicals are doing coloring books about their three action heros: Trump, Putin, and Jesus One has them clearing away Democrat swamp monsters.

This is a long way from the Power Puff Girls of Bubbles, Buttercup, and Blossom.

by Anonymousreply 136August 13, 2018 9:03 PM

The Department of Justice has added an attorney with expertise in weapons export and sanctions laws to the team prosecuting Maria Butina, the accused Russian agent whose handler was entwined with Kremlin-connected arms manufacturers banned from doing business in the United States.

The addition of Will Mackie brings to three the number of prosecutors pursuing the case against Butina. She faces charges of conspiracy and acting as an unregistered foreign agent for what authorities say was her attempt to gain political influence through the National Rifle Association, part of a broader Russian campaign to install Donald Trump in the White House.

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 13, 2018 9:09 PM

The military appropriations bill has the money in it for Trump's military parade later this year.

Cadet Bone Spurs will inspect his troops. Will this coincide with Putty Poop's visit?

The bill is named after John McCain whom Spurs refused to acknowledge. And McCain's dear friend, Miss Lindz, won't say a thing about the nasty slight.

by Anonymousreply 138August 13, 2018 9:37 PM

Trump looks tired and miserable in the photo at this link regarding the military bill R138 mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 13, 2018 10:54 PM

Will there be invisible planes?

by Anonymousreply 140August 13, 2018 11:06 PM

Whatever is going on at R139, it looks uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 13, 2018 11:14 PM

Rick Wilson and at least one other journalist teased a big story for today around 5pm.

Both accounts have been radio silent since the tease.

Well?

by Anonymousreply 142August 13, 2018 11:27 PM

R97 I was a Congressional intern for a representative who was first elected in 92 and still in office. I will reach out to his office to see if there is any gossip around DC but from what they have said (and I shared this in previous Mueller threads) and the sense is, Mueller has the goods on so many Repugs in Congress as well as donors and on up, as far as you can get. He has the goods, in case he is fired, and the evidence will get out. He is rumored to be just shoring up the case.

by Anonymousreply 143August 13, 2018 11:27 PM

[quote]So Jerry Falsewell has been going hard after Sessons. This is a strange feud. Franklin Scam III is neck deep in this too. Wonder what is going on there.

The evangelicals are funded and propped up by the Russians, just like the NRA. Those tax-exempt megachurches would be the perfect machine to launder money. I hope that Trump and his deplorable army end up taking out both the NRA and the evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 144August 13, 2018 11:36 PM

R143 thanks... this scares me a bit (and I’m not a troll!). I’m realizing how much we have to persevere and fight this evil that has become very deep rooted in our government. There are powerful forces at work, but I also strongly believe that most people understand what’s at stake and are sickened and disgusted by what’s happened. There is no ambivalence, and that’s important.

by Anonymousreply 145August 13, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote]Rick Wilson and at least one other journalist teased a big story for today around 5pm.

[quote]Both accounts have been radio silent since the tease.

[quote]Well?

I’m guessing it’s this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 13, 2018 11:44 PM

Any hot lesbians here willing to perform as a honeypot for R88's accountant?

by Anonymousreply 147August 13, 2018 11:55 PM

Former Congressional intern here- my former boss there said she thinks Russia infiltrated the donors or they willingly went along with them. The tentacles run through them, Congress, organizations (NRA, churches, Heritage Foundation, right wing media) and others. It's deep and will take time to shore up the case.

I will reach out to them again. Haven't talked to them in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 148August 13, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]The main attraction of the March 14th event was Henry Kissinger, the center’s honorary chairman, who gave a talk that included analyzing U.S.-Russia relations for a small group of attendees. Kushner, who remained quiet and unobtrusive during the lunch, introduced himself to Kissinger afterward. He also met Dimitri Simes, the Russian-born president of the center and publisher of its magazine, The National Interest.

Questions have recently been raised about the center for its ties to Russia, including its interactions with Maria Butina, a woman accused of conspiring to set up a back channel by infiltrating the National Rifle Organization and the National Prayer Breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Regular poster, rare contributor of first-hand info here. I talked with someone in the position to know who suggested that, for at least a year now, the Attorney General of New York’s office has been ready to indict the president. I don’t have anything more than that as the comment was off-hand and I wasn’t brave enough to pry more out of this person.

I’ve sat on this gossip for a while because it sounds so far-fetched and is obviously unsubstantiated. However, in light of the context of the Mueller investigation and the theories about double jeopardy risk mitigation, it does seem somewhat plausible.

by Anonymousreply 150August 14, 2018 12:25 AM

"the Attorney General of New York’s office has been ready to indict the president."

You mean the same Attorney General's office where the AG resigned because of his S&M dalliances? Albany is every bit as corrupt as Washington DC and the Cuomos are one step removed from the Mafia. I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in anything originating from Sodom-on-the-Hudson.

by Anonymousreply 151August 14, 2018 12:33 AM

Well, clearly the financial crisis of 2006, 07, 08, 09, showed us what craven irresponsible pieces of shit we have running the show, and the kind of people attracted to the Republican Party and their "policies." And after Citizens United a lot more unscrupulous bastards really went crazy. There is no morality or ethics among people like Adelson, the Kochs, Mercer, others whose names we don't even know. A lot of the bottom feeders who hang around Mar A Lago with Trump, guys like Wilbur Ross, Mnuchin, others. It's not necessarily that they consciously committed treason. it's that they are greedy immoral pieces of shit always looking for another opportunity to flaunt their wealth and power. Read Jane Mayer's book, Dark Money. We've been heading towards a corporate police state here without Putin to add to the mix. These people are shitting themselves as we creep closer to "socialism" which simply means they will not call the shots and ruin our environment, exploit our healthcare needs and play liars poker with our banking and financial services industries. The fact that the old Whtie Men a re losing their grip to women and minorities, gays black people brown people and fucking Middle Easterners is killing them. They are in panic mode and don't give a fuck about Constitutions and our country.

by Anonymousreply 152August 14, 2018 12:34 AM

These people really believe they are above the law and really believe everyone is for sale and they can buy anything they want.

by Anonymousreply 153August 14, 2018 12:36 AM

r150 Are all the Democratic candidates for NY State AG eager to indict the President?

by Anonymousreply 154August 14, 2018 12:39 AM

“Adelson, the Kochs, Mercer” I’m guessing this is the axis of evil who were compromised.

It makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 155August 14, 2018 12:41 AM

[quote]You mean the same Attorney General's office where the AG resigned because of his S&M dalliances?

Eliot Spitzer? The former NY AG who investigated wall street corruption and who was ratfucked by...

...wait for it...

...Roger Stone?

That Eliot Spitzer?

by Anonymousreply 156August 14, 2018 12:42 AM

I think they're talking about Eric Schneiderman, R156.

by Anonymousreply 157August 14, 2018 12:48 AM

I think they're a deplorable troll r157.

by Anonymousreply 158August 14, 2018 1:02 AM

[quote][R150] Are all the Democratic candidates for NY State AG eager to indict the President?

If anything, should Tish James win, I expect her to be even more eager than Schneiderman.

I'm really torn about the AG primary. I really like her, but the idea of voting for an openly gay man also has its appeal.

by Anonymousreply 159August 14, 2018 1:20 AM

I know that, R158, but they are still yammering about Schneiderman, not Spitzer.

I wonder if the New York AG is set to file charges the moment Trump tries to fire Mueller and they've let Trump know that and that's why he hasn't done it. I bet those charges are also against Don Jr., Eric, Jared, and Ivanka, which, to me, would be the only thing that might force Trump to rein himself in for five seconds.

by Anonymousreply 160August 14, 2018 1:21 AM

Oh crap you're right, I completely forgot about Schneiderman's hijinks.

Yeah he fucked himself up but good.

by Anonymousreply 161August 14, 2018 1:32 AM

EXCLUSIVE: House Candidate Melissa Howard Faked Her Diploma, University Alleges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 14, 2018 1:52 AM

House candidate Terry Power lives in $500K home but applied for food stamps

by Anonymousreply 163August 14, 2018 1:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164August 14, 2018 1:54 AM

So what happened today. CNN's Sciutto said there was going to be "news" at 5 PM, then nothing. Watched the last few minutes of Maddow and she 's talking about the trial today but I tuned in too late to get a sense of what happened.

Another thing. As I think about it, the rich and powerful have always been desperate and evil trying to hold on to power. They always fail. We keep pushing ahead. sometimes it's a war of inches on the battlefield, but we keep pushing back. So don't be discouraged because history is on our side.

by Anonymousreply 165August 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Was the big news at 5 the firing of the FBI agent, or did that come earlier?

by Anonymousreply 166August 14, 2018 1:56 AM

Never mind. Just saw that that story broke around noon.

by Anonymousreply 167August 14, 2018 1:58 AM

Much earlier

by Anonymousreply 168August 14, 2018 1:58 AM

I think it was either news about Cohen or a new development in the Manafort trial.

by Anonymousreply 169August 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Maybe it had something to do with the tweet at r124.

by Anonymousreply 170August 14, 2018 2:04 AM

I think the big reveal was that Trump was going to not mention John S. McCain's name attached to a military veterans bill. John S. McCain is a Vietnam veteran who is dying of brain cancer. He was also a GOP Senator for Arizona.

by Anonymousreply 171August 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Is Manafort going to testify?

by Anonymousreply 172August 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Anyone remember the name of the podcast mentioned in the last thread, something like It's Mueller Time? Put out by some women in California, I think one of them works for the EPA. I'm googling it but it's a popular phrase so I'm getting a lot of chaff.

by Anonymousreply 173August 14, 2018 3:11 AM

I guess R173 doesn't know how to scroll.

by Anonymousreply 174August 14, 2018 3:25 AM

Yes I do, so there! I found it. Also found that I'd already bookmarked it. Now I'm going to listen to it. Goodbye, Sir!

by Anonymousreply 175August 14, 2018 3:49 AM

You know those fuckers had to try to manipulate social media. because all the money in the world buying advertising wouldn't do them any good since we can ignore and bypass all the TV bullshit.

Think about it. They use some very basic stuff: Divide and conquer. Sow fear and suspicion to divide us. Lie. Did I say LIE. Suppress the votes, change the rules, hack the votes, purge the voting rolls, gerrymander. They have nothing to offer. Never did. They don't care about fiscal responsibility or the economy, or blowing up the deficit. D they care about healthcare? The Environment? Job creation? Increasing the minimum wage? When they talk about smaller government, lower taxes, getting government off our backs, bcz too much regulation, etc. they aren't talking about us. These damned fools out here don't seem to want to know that. They aren't talking about us. Unless you are in the multi million dollar brackets they do not give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 176August 14, 2018 4:14 AM

r176 I do think about it. Every day I ask myself "how much of America do I hate right now? and how much of America hates me? How many people on food stamps, living in tents by the freeways, forking over 10% to their 'church of prosperity' and eating macaroni and cheese think that they're 'owning the libs' by intentionally voting people that dismantle their education, poison their water, leave potholes in their roads? How much hateful ignorance must I put up with under the guise of 'temporary measure'?"

by Anonymousreply 177August 14, 2018 4:20 AM

Yeah. They’re really sticking it to liberals when they take away their own healthcare.

by Anonymousreply 178August 14, 2018 4:27 AM

Well you know, my father is an old autoworker and he blames a lot of this on union busting activities by the Republicans. He said that the one thing labor unions did well, was educate their workers on issues. The average autoworker may have had only a high school diploma, but he understood the economy better than an College English major. And even allowing for some bias on his part I know he is right about that. Today's workers vote against their own interests and in a lot of cases they don't see the connection. Although, to be honest, the so-called Reagan Democrat was the blue collar auto worker who was pissed off at Carter.

by Anonymousreply 179August 14, 2018 4:39 AM

R142 and others. Um...could this be it? (from Seth Abramson's twitter feed).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 14, 2018 5:54 AM

^^ Sorry, I couldn't get the link to work. Here's a cut and paste:

Garance Franke-Ruta ‏ Verified account @thegarance Follow Follow @thegarance More In sum: Trump's inaugural cmte. paid $26 million to a firm owned by friend of Melania's, who in turn paid Apprentice creator Mark Burnett's team, brought in at Trump's request, after Burnett refused to release the allegedly inflammatory Trump Apprentice tapes during the election.

by Anonymousreply 181August 14, 2018 5:55 AM

But, I thought Burnett was a godly man who gets touched by an angel on a regular basis. You mean, that's all bullshit? Nooooooo.

I'm going to add this piece of shit to the list of people and organizations that I hope are completely brought down by Trump. Trump is the touchstone we can use to judge the shit content of everything around him.

by Anonymousreply 182August 14, 2018 6:12 AM

R182 Filthy rich men are by definition not godly. You don't get filthy rich by being godly but by being nasty.

by Anonymousreply 183August 14, 2018 6:16 AM

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, R183. He's godly in the same way Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 184August 14, 2018 6:20 AM

That’s interesting that Burnett got paid. How much of the $26mil, I wonder? And where are the receipts?

If Trump is ever indicted by NY AG (and he should be—and he should also be convicted and executed, and everyone else complicit in this treachery should get life in prison), his lawyers will take the case to the Supreme Court. It should be a foregone conclusion that YES the president can be indicted while in the Oval Office. For fuck’s sake, what if he murdered someone? We just throw up our hands and say, “Oops, oh well, can’t indict a sitting president.” Our system seriously needs overhauling.

Oh, and Manafort will not be testifying, to the poster upthread who asked. All legal experts have said it would absolutely shocking for him to take the stand, and there’s practically zero chance that he will.

by Anonymousreply 185August 14, 2018 6:42 AM

You think Roma Downey ever called Della Reese the N-word under her breath?

by Anonymousreply 186August 14, 2018 10:53 AM

Yes, but Jesus gave her a special dispensation cuz she was spreading His word in prime time.

by Anonymousreply 187August 14, 2018 11:01 AM

That would explain where the inauguration $$ went. Tom Arnold has said all along that the apprentice tapes existed. It makes sense that Burnett wanted to get paid to keep his tapes under wraps. Hope Burnett, Roma, trump and omarosa burn in hell.

by Anonymousreply 188August 14, 2018 11:04 AM

Listen. Sean Spicer and Reince Priebus are also getting "severance pay" from the RNC, the Trump Campaign, etc. They still visit the WH and still "consult" with Trump. Especially Reince.

by Anonymousreply 189August 14, 2018 11:39 AM

Former WH staffer/Nazi fuckface Seb Gorka passes out business cards with fake Fox News logo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 14, 2018 12:53 PM

Ruh Roh, Miss Lindsey may have some explaining to do!

[quote]There are emails of @LindseyGrahamSC trading pictures with young men. It's going to come out soon. Bookmark this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 14, 2018 1:05 PM

Thank you, R191!!!!! Thank you a million times!!!! Thank you!!!! Once again, DL knows be fore the world knows.

by Anonymousreply 192August 14, 2018 1:10 PM

I only wonder what the photos are of and how old the "men" were whom he sent them to?

by Anonymousreply 193August 14, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]Listen

You sound like Sarah Hickabee Sanders

by Anonymousreply 194August 14, 2018 1:31 PM

[quote]Once again, DL knows be fore the world knows.

I think the world knew a long time ago. It’s not like it wasn’t very evident, or like he was hiding anything:

by Anonymousreply 195August 14, 2018 1:33 PM

R195, there is such a thing as the world not being surprised, like, when you find out someone is Gay, and everything falls into place and you say, "Yeah. That makes sense." But it's different from when you KNOW, ya know? And at DL, we KNEW. From Day One.

by Anonymousreply 196August 14, 2018 1:36 PM

How could anyone ever doubt that Miz Lindsay has ALWAYS left her back door open to entertain leg ill ons of gentlemen callers?!!

by Anonymousreply 197August 14, 2018 1:40 PM

Common street trollops, the lot of them. As if I would drag myself down to that level.

by Anonymousreply 198August 14, 2018 1:54 PM

🎶 But when she gets behind closed doors, and she lets her hair hang down ... 🎶

by Anonymousreply 199August 14, 2018 1:57 PM

Fiddle-Dee-Dee, r191.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200August 14, 2018 2:03 PM

Not sure pics of Miss Lindz's shooting peaches out of her pussy will be endearing

DL had her pegged long ago.

by Anonymousreply 201August 14, 2018 2:13 PM

I am appalled Miss Lindzey would be doing this.

by Anonymousreply 202August 14, 2018 2:19 PM

It will be interesting to see if illegals, POC, and underaged ge tlemen callers are among Miz Lindsey's special friends.

by Anonymousreply 203August 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Re-Text

"Lindsey, I want you to keep coming to my golf properties to plan strategy to fight the witch hunt. But you coming as Stormy and calling your visits MAKE AMERICA HORNY AGAIN is just wrong."

Donald

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 14, 2018 3:18 PM

r191 Is Pace Lattin a reporter?

by Anonymousreply 205August 14, 2018 3:19 PM

[quote]a godly man who gets touched by an angel on a regular basis

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 206August 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Well, there HAS to be a reason for her transition to being a big tRump supporter...it's really the only thing that makes any sense here.

by Anonymousreply 207August 14, 2018 3:29 PM

Well, well, well. Looks like Omarosa has drawn some blood. Trump is now suing her to prevent the release of the tapes, based on the NDA she signed during the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 208August 14, 2018 3:32 PM

I’m another one who thinks these guys dont really

by Anonymousreply 209August 14, 2018 3:39 PM

r208, wouldn't it be something if Omarosa would hire a certain lawyer who knows how to deal with Trump and his NDAs?

by Anonymousreply 210August 14, 2018 3:42 PM

r208 I hate Omarosa, but I'm loving the fact that Trump is in a fight with someone who is every bit the sociopathic monster he is. They have no idea how to control her except by threatening legal action.

by Anonymousreply 211August 14, 2018 3:47 PM

Shit R209 here. These guys don’t care about borders or countries. They are all working together to establish an oligarchy of the extremely wealthy and the rest of us will be a peasant class. Trump’s Space Force is probably a cover for building a space station for the wealthy to go when the Earth is scorched. The rest of us will be left here. Those fictional sci-fi movies are not too far off.

by Anonymousreply 212August 14, 2018 3:56 PM

For conservatives EVERY issue is just pushing buttons of the general public to get them riled up / distracted / easy to manipulate. Everything is about "LOOK OVER THERE!" hysterics to further their agenda. And people fall for it. Every single time. To quote Donald Trump: Sad.

by Anonymousreply 213August 14, 2018 4:00 PM

R211, hunny they know of several ways to control her, but this is the only way that's legal. I hate Omarosa, but I too am delighted to see Trump's chickens coming home to roost.. Cohen, Stormy, the Playboy bunny, and now Omarosa. I want her to play tapes every day. How long was she in the WH? Good. Enough to get us through to election day.

These are the kind of people he surrounds himself with. Slime. But remember. While this sideshow is going on, other important things are happening, so be watchful. What is going on in Florida, Georgia and Wisconsin on voter suppression and fraud? Today is an important primary day. Wisconsin.

I do think there is an element of Trump fatigue. I think a lot of people including me, are turning off the news. Rationing it. It's just too much. I was a news junkie. Now I can barely stand Maddow and O Donnell twice a week. I try to get Joy Reid on Saturday for an hour. But that's it for me. I do keep up with the broader aspects, by reading the Washington Post several times a week, & I check my twitter feed once a day, incase something big drops. For me that's a huge cutback.

by Anonymousreply 214August 14, 2018 4:01 PM

If trump had not decided to get into politics he’d still be happily laundering money and golfing. I bet he regrets living under microscope now. Melania knew it would lead to disaster.

by Anonymousreply 215August 14, 2018 4:11 PM

She should release the tapes as an album on iTunes or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 216August 14, 2018 4:12 PM

[quote] If trump had not decided to get into politics he’d still be happily laundering money and golfing.

Oh honey, he would still do that if it weren't for Putin ordering his ass into the White House.

by Anonymousreply 217August 14, 2018 4:13 PM

Somebody needs to release the tape of him saying it, already.

by Anonymousreply 218August 14, 2018 4:17 PM

Their only defense is that the investigation should have never happened.

OK, but it did happen.

So that is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 219August 14, 2018 4:21 PM

@jimsciutto

Breaking: Paul Manafort's team will not present a case nor call any witnesses in his defense. The defense rested at 11:53 am

by Anonymousreply 220August 14, 2018 4:28 PM

Remember, for conservatives the crime itself isn't a (legal) crime. It's being investigated and caught for the crime(s) they committed while they keep projecting that others did the same, or worse, crimes and that's much worse, because those others are Liberals (Hillary Clinton, Obama, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 221August 14, 2018 4:28 PM

It’s hard to hear the actual tapes. Every media outlet wants to add their two cents but I can’t find the full recordings.

by Anonymousreply 222August 14, 2018 4:30 PM

R222

by Anonymousreply 223August 14, 2018 4:37 PM

Sooo....I'm watching Donna Reed. Mary is running for class vice-president. Her campaign manager is a girl who gets her to run her campaign in a devious manner. Mary (of course) does see the light and (of course) loses. One of the factors in her decision is that she realizes that she'd continually be under the thumb of said devious campaign manager and....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 14, 2018 4:37 PM

The are Omarosa's prized posessions and she's going to make a lot of money off of them. Of course she won't release them all at once. This is all promotion for her "hell hath no fury than an Omarosa scorned" book tour. Hell, she might turn it into a whole book series!

by Anonymousreply 225August 14, 2018 4:39 PM

Thanks for the new thread OP! You never disappoint!

Sidenote: Am I the only one that wants to blow OP?

I thought I could only feel this way about Poll Troll.

by Anonymousreply 226August 14, 2018 4:47 PM

That’s a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 227August 14, 2018 4:48 PM

I haven't paid too much to the Omarosa stuff because I don't trust her.

I'm wondering if she's really turned on him or if she's doing this in service to him. Is she just giving him cover by saying that he has no clue to anything that's going on and he's not mentally there? Maybe that's too far fetched an idea but I do wonder if it's actually helping him in some way by giving him the excuse of incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 228August 14, 2018 4:49 PM

I don’t trust her one bit but she does continue to shoot down these admin critters one by one.

by Anonymousreply 229August 14, 2018 4:50 PM

[quote]I'm wondering if she's really turned on him or if she's doing this in service to him.

She's doing it to make money. She has no more loyalty or affection for him than he does for her. That's how sociopaths operate.

by Anonymousreply 230August 14, 2018 4:56 PM

Omarosa is holding some things back. That is why Trump and his WH loyalists are going crazy. They fear just to ignore her.

by Anonymousreply 231August 14, 2018 4:59 PM

These two will eventually get back together. It's his pattern. They fall out, there's betrayal on both sides then they reconcile. Look at him with Bannon. Yes. Bannon is out of the WH but he is still helping Trump and he's working with Far Right Groups in Italy and the rest of Europe. Omarosa knows this. She knows how to get to him.

by Anonymousreply 232August 14, 2018 5:17 PM

R223, I had R222 on block also for what it’s worth.

(Assuming that’s why you put their R-post in a comment - so you could see what it said).

by Anonymousreply 233August 14, 2018 5:18 PM

Hey. On the tapes I just want to say that maybe Omarosa isn't sharing the entire tape because it makes her look bad. After all she was tapoing herself. It's one thing to get Trump on tape being an ass, but another entirely showing your own ass. And you know she said somethings she would not want to have us hear. It would go against her "new" image.

by Anonymousreply 234August 14, 2018 5:49 PM

Something big happened today. Manafort's defense rested. No witnesses. Nothing. The case is a wrap .

by Anonymousreply 235August 14, 2018 5:50 PM

My guess is that Trump is threatening to sue Omarosa, not over a likely unenforceable NDA, but rather so they can try to get her to hire an attorney through which they can subtlety propose a HUGE settlement - with the atty taking a cut - to shut her trap.

by Anonymousreply 236August 14, 2018 5:54 PM

R190

I'm quoting Tea Pain, "The business cards are real. It's the network that's fake!".

by Anonymousreply 237August 14, 2018 5:54 PM

Yep, R233, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 238August 14, 2018 6:16 PM

The poster(s) who said that it's all about money with Omarosa, is right. She isn't a mental giant, but surely she realizes that she will never be anything but a sell-out/step-and-fetch-it for working for Trump, as well as lying for him, even though she long knew he was a RACIST

by Anonymousreply 239August 14, 2018 6:17 PM

What are you people doing today to our Miss Lindsey? No TV, no Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2018 6:20 PM

Hey, this is America. there's always a second act...and a third... and a fourth... Omarosa will re invent herself and re surface in a year or two as some kind of real housewife of Somewhere. But yeah, I'm betting now she'll have to hire a lawyer and negotiate a $$$ Settlement. But it depends. There are tracking polls who can tell her and her publisher if her book is selling. She is promoting the book so she will have to find a way to keep controversy alive even if they force her to stop airing tapes. Which I don't think they can do. They can't force her but they can pay her off. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2018 6:22 PM

So Manafort's Lead defense attorney came out to say the Defense rested because they said the burden was on the Prosecutors to prove guilt and Manafort's team feels the Prosecutors failed to meet that test so they don't need to defend their client. yeah, right....

by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2018 6:29 PM

[quote]she does continue to shoot down these admin critters one by one.

And yet not one single one of them is dead. Or even visibly wounded.

by Anonymousreply 243August 14, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote] he poster(s) who said that it's all about money with Omarosa, is right. She isn't a mental giant, but surely she realizes that she will never be anything but a sell-out/step-and-fetch-it for working for Trump, as well as lying for him, even though she long knew he was a RACIST

Which one of Trump's appointees is a "mental giant". They are all just like him, shallow, amoral, unprincipled greedy opportunists who only care about enriching themselves.

by Anonymousreply 244August 14, 2018 6:37 PM

[quote]Something big happened today. Manafort's defense rested. No witnesses. Nothing. The case is a wrap .

Why bother with a defense if you're going to get a pardon?

by Anonymousreply 245August 14, 2018 6:38 PM

Exactly, R245. It's beyond insulting to the American people that this POS is allowed to do this.

by Anonymousreply 246August 14, 2018 7:05 PM

Didn’t the White House basically just admit that Trump used the n-word at some point? Sarah Hickabeast just said that the White House “cannot guarantee” that such a tape does not exist.

by Anonymousreply 247August 14, 2018 7:37 PM

'cannot guarantee'

word combination equivalent to a hand grenade

by Anonymousreply 248August 14, 2018 7:41 PM

Sarah better get her story and spin ready for hiw she will defend it when the tape comes out,

by Anonymousreply 249August 14, 2018 7:43 PM

R247, something is telling me that Sanders will be replaced with Hope Hicks within 2 weeks. Trump is probably furious and throwing cheeseburger wrappers at Sarah right now.

by Anonymousreply 250August 14, 2018 7:44 PM

R226: Sidenote: Am I the only one that wants to blow OP?...I thought I could only feel this way about Poll Troll.

The Christmas Moose is always available.

by Anonymousreply 251August 14, 2018 7:45 PM

Yes? EMPTY wrappers! *sob*

by Anonymousreply 252August 14, 2018 7:46 PM

It’s making me crazy to think about manafort getting a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 253August 14, 2018 8:05 PM

I want to fucking scream about the arrogant motherfucker and his 'I don't need to defend myself no matter what'

PITCHFORK time

by Anonymousreply 254August 14, 2018 8:12 PM

There would be anarchy in the streets if cheeto pardoned this career criminal who has overwhelming evidence

by Anonymousreply 255August 14, 2018 8:13 PM

First, he needs to be convicted. I’ve got my fingers crossed. If he’s not convicted, Trump will respond with fire and fury and it will be damaging to the whole investigation.

by Anonymousreply 256August 14, 2018 8:25 PM

No it won't, R256. And he'll be convicted. The evidence is not just what we heard in court, but reams of financial information they provide as 'exhibits' to the jury and that we don't see or hear about in the media.

by Anonymousreply 257August 14, 2018 8:30 PM

[bold]BREAKING: Pentagon spokeslady under investigation for first-degree cuntitude[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258August 14, 2018 8:31 PM

R256 - 'fire and fury' is their terminology. We see pee and desperation.

by Anonymousreply 259August 14, 2018 8:33 PM

Do you think the jury will return this week? I think so. As long as they start deliberations tomorrow, Wednesday. If so, they might conclude by Friday.

I was on a jury only once, but there is a feeling like the decision should be made by day’s end, or week’s end, even though that’s an artificial deadline. It feels like a real deadline. As long as the evidence is clear.

by Anonymousreply 260August 14, 2018 8:39 PM

Nice 'goober' hair, Paul.

by Anonymousreply 261August 14, 2018 8:43 PM

Lil’ Miss Manafort seems to think she is sitting pretty.

by Anonymousreply 262August 14, 2018 8:47 PM

I know this. When the law ceases to be for the people and by the people and only for those with privilege who now decide that they are the law, it's pitchfork time.

He gets pardoned and I'm taking to the streets.

by Anonymousreply 263August 14, 2018 8:49 PM

Miss Linds should not be hanging around Trump anymore. Since that started, she's been saying shit, damn, and hell on camera. Next she could be saying fuck and cunt.

by Anonymousreply 264August 14, 2018 10:26 PM

If Manafort is convicted and then pardoned by Orange Fuckface, could he then be put in front of the Grand Jury in Mueller's investigation, and he would now be unable to plead the fifth and would be compelled to answer Mueller's questions?

Any lawyers here who know the answer?

by Anonymousreply 265August 14, 2018 10:44 PM

You DLers are misguided.

Lindsey and Trey Gowdy are focused on those fine Clemson University football players practicing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 14, 2018 10:47 PM

"I'd nevah evah use such language as you suggested r264. Those words are not in mah vernacular unless fuck is succeeded by 'me daddy'. I reserve the c-word but the likes of Hillary and that awful Kamala woman."

by Anonymousreply 267August 14, 2018 10:49 PM

We once heard her say "Kiss mah foot." Such VULGARITEH left us no choice but to ask her to turn in her badge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 14, 2018 10:55 PM

Do you see the blue dotted hat Trey Gowdy is wearing in r266 pic. Enlarge it. It goes perfect with those sandals.

by Anonymousreply 269August 14, 2018 11:23 PM

He'll be convicted. The government's evidence is overwhelming. And yes, I think we'll get the verdict by Friday. And then another trial in DC in September, on more Russia-related matters. I don't think Trump will pardon him. The political cost is too high, and how could Manafort be of any further use to him now? He's not family.

by Anonymousreply 270August 14, 2018 11:38 PM

OMG, if I never thought Trey Gowdy was gay before now, looking at R266's pic, there can be no doubt. Gurl, no.

by Anonymousreply 271August 14, 2018 11:42 PM

Really, R271? It's been obvious for years. No straight man goes through as many hairstyles.

by Anonymousreply 272August 15, 2018 12:03 AM

[quote]Something big happened today. Manafort's defense rested. No witnesses. Nothing. The case is a wrap .

Betcha the jury still hangs. If the jury has any deplorables, there will be no conviction.

by Anonymousreply 273August 15, 2018 12:06 AM

R271m Trey and Linz make the woman look positively masculine!

by Anonymousreply 274August 15, 2018 12:08 AM

R274 Their parents must have known that when they named these boys.

by Anonymousreply 275August 15, 2018 12:10 AM

They look like a couple of old-school bulldagger gym teachers to me.

by Anonymousreply 276August 15, 2018 12:13 AM

R274 the woman is the University Prez wife.

by Anonymousreply 277August 15, 2018 12:56 AM

[quote]Miss Linds should not be hanging around Trump anymore. Since that started, she's been saying shit, damn, and hell on camera. Next she could be saying fuck and cunt.

Too much rough trade in her life.

by Anonymousreply 278August 15, 2018 1:26 AM

It ain't fittin' R278! It's jus ain't fittin'!

by Anonymousreply 279August 15, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote]Do you see the blue dotted hat Trey Gowdy is wearing in [R266] pic. Enlarge it. It goes perfect with those sandals.

It is the only hat in the developed world that is capable of fitting on that mincing Conehead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280August 15, 2018 3:48 AM

[quote]What are you people doing today to our Miss Lindsey? No TV, no Twitter.

Let's make #WheresLendsey happen, Gretchen!

by Anonymousreply 281August 15, 2018 3:49 AM

Miz Gowdy with her PELLEGRINO

by Anonymousreply 282August 15, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]They can't force her but they can pay her off. LOL!

Maybe Omarosa will get a Men's Journal cover, too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 15, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]Sarah better get her story and spin ready for hiw she will defend it when the tape comes out,

They'll just say it's a fake tape. That's what they did with the pussy-grabbing audio.

by Anonymousreply 284August 15, 2018 3:51 AM

Tiffany Trump to Chechnya on special assignment from Jared "Let's clean up this mess!"

by Anonymousreply 285August 15, 2018 3:55 AM

What evidence could Manafort's lawyers possibly present? They sure as hell aren't going to put Manafort on the witness stand where he could be cross-examined, as much as I'd love to see that.

by Anonymousreply 286August 15, 2018 4:32 AM

Can anyone comment on how the press is portraying the trial? People here are saying it’s a slam dunk because of all the evidence. Is that how “experts” are perceiving it? And if it is, it’s incredibly apparent Manafort expects a pardon.

by Anonymousreply 287August 15, 2018 4:41 AM

Omarosa claims that after she was fired she was offered $15,000 a month to work for the trump campaign as a way to shut her up. I assume that means the $15,000 would come out of campaign funds. Can't that be construed as paying hush money form campaign funds? She says she has the contract they gave her to sign, which she did not. She probably could have signed it, taken the money, and never done a lick of work. That's probably what they were planning because why would they want her around after firing her? I hope Mueller looks into this, too, as another misuse of campaign funds.

by Anonymousreply 288August 15, 2018 4:45 AM

I thought I heard something about $15,000 month IN ADDITION to a job working for the Dotard Company.

I heard somewhere else that Spicer and others were given the same deal.

by Anonymousreply 289August 15, 2018 4:47 AM

I had a run in with a deplorable I know. They were, of course, going after Omarosa and this and that. I stopped him, said Dump HIRED her, loved having her around and gave her one of the TOP jobs in his WH. Her pay grade was the top pay grade. I asked if he was happy with Dump's behavior, name-calling, obvious swamp enabling, Russian shit and he said well the Supreme Court and tax cuts. I stopped him again and said, " GREAT, so we are clear now. Ethical behavior from our President is no longer up for discussion. How our President behaves in our nation and internationally is no longer up for discussion. What matters is policy results, right Marty?????" His eyes bulging, he stammered a bit and said, "No, that isn't necessarily what I meant. I, I......" to which I stopped him again and said, "No, Marty, that is exactly what you and many others Repugs have said. Verbatim. Glad to clear this up. I NEVER want to hear you say anything about any other Presidents behavior ever again. Ever, Marty, EVER. Are we clear?" He walked off saying I can't be reasoned with.

by Anonymousreply 290August 15, 2018 4:52 AM

I hope you flounced off, r290.

You should have.

by Anonymousreply 291August 15, 2018 4:59 AM

R290 When they don't care about reason or truth, then they project on to you that you can't be reasoned with. It's the very Trump-like.

by Anonymousreply 292August 15, 2018 5:00 AM

r290 I likely did.

by Anonymousreply 293August 15, 2018 5:01 AM

Manafort is toast, and while he may entertain fantasies about a pardon, I don't think one will ever come, for him. He's looking at a very, very long Grip in the Stoney Lonesome

by Anonymousreply 294August 15, 2018 5:01 AM

R290, next time they try to defend Cheeto with "Supreme Court and tax cuts", ask your deplorable:

1) Who got the sweetheart deal on the tax cuts?

2) Is he confused that any other Rethuglican president wouldn't have gotten through a Rethuglican judge and passed tax cuts for the wealthy given the GOP Congress? How is that exactly Cheeto's own "accomplishment"? He just signed the paper.

3) Why doesn't he mention the Trump taxes (aka the Trump tariffs) which increase prices and are the policy he alone can take "credit" for?

by Anonymousreply 295August 15, 2018 6:13 AM

At least Marty is a multimillionaire so it makes sense.

Please tell me he is a multimillionaire.

by Anonymousreply 296August 15, 2018 9:26 AM

We have been distracted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297August 15, 2018 9:48 AM

The Gaslit Nation podcast is really interesting, but having listened to it, I’ll probably never pay attention to “mainstream” news media again. But it makes me realise that cable news is about viewer and they would never be able to parse fact into attention-getting news bites. You can’t rely on them for full reporting because that’s not what they’re offering - they ultimately want to engage and entertain.

Gaslit Nation is a little tin-hatty but they’d be the first to admit that. It is fulsome in its analysis. And a little scary.

by Anonymousreply 298August 15, 2018 11:19 AM

We need to become more aware about all the ways we are being manipulated. Then we can make the informed decision whether we go along with it WILLINGLY or not.

by Anonymousreply 299August 15, 2018 11:27 AM

Omarosa said there's only one way to deal with Trump. Cut off his "oxygen." he loves to stir up controversy and get media attention. Loves it. He doesn't care if it's negative attention. So if the media would ignore him, that would cause him to.....what? I know if the media would ignore him more I'd feel better, but WTF effect would it have on him?

by Anonymousreply 300August 15, 2018 12:07 PM

I’m concerned that they have paid off a jurer to throw the whole thing, it’s their M.O.

by Anonymousreply 301August 15, 2018 12:12 PM

R301, more than likely it's the judge. That judge went above and betond with his prejudicial treatment of the prosecution. After what we recently learned about Justice Kennedy and Trump and Kennedy's son, nothing surprises me.

by Anonymousreply 302August 15, 2018 12:34 PM

I'm still wondering what kind of perks, business deals, and money changed hands among the voting members of the Electoral College. I've known for years that Electors were usually party hacks who could be counted on to vote the way the governor who appointed them wanted them to vote. They were usually big donors who were also often contractors or spouses of VIPs. But we really need to shine a spotlight on how that all went down in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 303August 15, 2018 12:47 PM

Manafort seems way too complacent.

by Anonymousreply 304August 15, 2018 12:48 PM

R304, I agree. He does. Like he knows a secret no one else knows. It is consistent with the self assured arrogant behavior of a lot of Trump associates, Trump family and GOP leadership people. They all act as if there are no consequences for anything they do. I guess they believe that by controlling state governments and fucking with voting, and appointing judges that have been corrupted, and controlling Congress and the state legislatures everything is wired for their success. They even have their deep pocket donors propping them up. They don't give a fuck about any opioid crisis. Hell, if they had their way they'd get all of us addicted to opioids. I guess they aren't worried about our resistance. They figure if they make life hard enough for us, just surviving day to day will be all we have time for. And make no mistake. White Supremacy has everything to do with this.

by Anonymousreply 305August 15, 2018 12:53 PM

[quote]I'm still wondering what kind of perks, business deals, and money changed hands among the voting members of the Electoral College.

The electoral vote was exactly as expected, given the popular vote. (With the caveat that the popular vote totals may have been manipulated.) I'm sure electors are as dirty as virtually everyone else in our political system seems to be, but I don't think anything above and beyond the usual graft had to be proffered to vote the Dumpster into office.

by Anonymousreply 306August 15, 2018 12:56 PM

Donny Deutsch: Secret Service asks Cheeto's guests to say nice things about him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 15, 2018 1:00 PM

R307, I hope that's an indication that he really is coming unhinged. Ever since I saw the children in cages I felt like that was some kind of turning point. Even among his supporters. He's vile, and his Homeland Security Bitch is vile. ICE is like the fucking Gestapo in Nazi Germany. So I hope all the negative karma he generated focuses on him leaving office sooner than later. How ever it occurs.

by Anonymousreply 308August 15, 2018 1:09 PM

Exactly, R308. I'm a Democrat who believes we have to be a lot stricter in allowing illegal immigration and it galls me every time he spews the filth that we're not so he can justify his approach to people he sees as "murderers and rapists." There are ways to accomplish this goal other than punishing the DACA kids or caging babies.

by Anonymousreply 309August 15, 2018 1:23 PM

And yet r308, he still has around 40% of the country behind him supporting everything he does.

He's a Nazi; they are Nazis, and the sooner we realize that and fight back against them hard, the sooner we will be rid of him.

Unfortunately, even after he goes, they will still be here.

What happens then?

by Anonymousreply 310August 15, 2018 1:25 PM

[quote]The electoral vote was exactly as expected, given the popular vote. (With the caveat that the popular vote totals may have been manipulated.)

What?

by Anonymousreply 311August 15, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]What?

Simply noting the possibility that the Russians may have actually hacked the popular vote. I dismissed this out of hand for the longest time ... but I'm not so sure anymore.

by Anonymousreply 312August 15, 2018 1:31 PM

R310, I'm not R308, but I would hope that the continued understanding of the level of corruption and sickness in this administration will teach us a valuable lesson going forward. It did after Nixon...for a little while anyway. Carter was and is a good man. I'm hoping we continue to demand higher standards from people we need to look after our interests as we go about our business.

by Anonymousreply 313August 15, 2018 1:36 PM

R310, I just can't accept that 40% of Americans really blindly support him. I think that's optimistic. For whatever reasons, the media and others need to believe there is still a viable Republican Party when there isn't.

I cling to the belief that everyone has a breaking point, and when some of these people step out of their Faux News bubble they'll realize how terrible he is. I know his rallies are not nearly as well attended as they used to be. I know that even some of my Deplorable neighbors were sickened by the babies in cages.

I know that the Tariff and trade wars are upsetting to many of them, and talk about cutting Social Security and Medicare scares them. That a lot of those Deplorables, are being negatively affected by the sabotage of the Affordable Care Act, and rising healthcare costs. Many are finally listening to their kids and their grandkids about environmental issues. You can't watch the fires burning literally all over the world, and particularly in the Western USA, and not believe something real bad is going on.

And while the Racists are loud they are fewer in number because this country is no long a safe haven for them. There are a lot of people of color all over the place, even in some Deplorable families. What I think we need to do is not necessarily write all of them off. Yes there are hardcore assholes out here. But there are also confused, misguided people who will not be able to keep denying reality and we have to really tell the story better.

Not that we have to personally argue with the Deplorables. that only makes them dig in. But the Democratic Party and the News media really have to tell the story, repeatedly, not just during one or two news cycles, of the consequences of the Trump Presidency.

When I see ads on TV from former Trump voters who last jobs in Indiana, I feel good. That's the story that needs to be told repeatedly. The Tax cut legislation that is a tax scam needs to be repeatedly pointed out.

We need to SHOW that kind of thing more often. Those Deplorables might get in our faces, and act terrible, and the ones I see on TV aren't the kind of people I want to be around, but they go home and in their everyday life they see the consequences and they need to hear and see that where ever they go. So right now I'm putting Trump's hard core supporters around 28%. and hoping there are a re 12% of people who have not completely abandoned all rationality.

by Anonymousreply 314August 15, 2018 1:54 PM

I've noticed that Deplorables only get aggressive and nasty when they're in groups, most of the time. When they are in the minority, or when they are in an environment where they know their behavior and their views are unacceptable, they are cowards.

by Anonymousreply 315August 15, 2018 2:05 PM

What shows have Omarosa today? Setting my DVR.

by Anonymousreply 316August 15, 2018 2:12 PM

[quote]And yet [R308], he still has around 40% of the country behind him supporting everything he does.

Quite frankly I don't trust the media with these sort of statements. They would look rather foolish if the Trump's support would only amount to, say, 15% and yet insist that these 15% need as much media attention, if not more, than the 85% (seriously though, where IS the media attention about the people with common sense who are not Trumpers?). The media is the one that sells the narrative that Trump and the Deplorables are a force to be reckoned with. It's the same media that told us that it made perfect sense that Hillary lost the electoral college on her own and not because of Russian interference even with the popular vote giving her a huge lead.

by Anonymousreply 317August 15, 2018 2:43 PM

Thank you R317. That's part of what I was trying to say in my log winded, meandering way. The media benefits from these false narratives.

by Anonymousreply 318August 15, 2018 2:57 PM

Does Mueller Really Need to “Beat” Manafort?

Me: Yes, preferably with a large stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 15, 2018 3:04 PM

I'm looking forward to Jeffrey Toobin's take on the verdict and the trial in general. When it comes to this kind of stuff he really is the best. I love it when he shits all over Dershowitz.

by Anonymousreply 320August 15, 2018 3:08 PM

Think about it. Even if Manafort was acquitted of all charges, and pardoned or WTF ever, there is no where he can go and nothing he can do. His life is over. He is a hollowed out husk, and loser. He won't be able to get work or generate income and he is millions of dollars in debt to some very dangerous people. I want him to burn, and never see the outside again. In Prison for life. But even if he weasels out of that, he is through. I see "suicide" in his future.

by Anonymousreply 321August 15, 2018 3:11 PM

He'll easily get a do-nothing-and-get-way-overpaid job at some right-wing think tank. They'll pretend he's a celebrity. If he's not in prison.

by Anonymousreply 322August 15, 2018 3:25 PM

Oopsie....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323August 15, 2018 3:32 PM

We'll hire him!

by Anonymousreply 324August 15, 2018 3:33 PM

So far Pauly has been loyal to the mob. They'll reward him.

R92 that behavior is sociopathic. Trump has brought anti-social mental malpractice right out in the open. Deplorables love that shit and are rolling in it like catnip.

The empathetic, or laden with a moral compass, are appalled. Newbies to anti-social behavior are tired, confused or outright gaslit.

I also believe in that 12% of vulnerable GOP supporters mentioned upthread. True facts and evidence will change their minds. Suspecting and knowing are two different things. We are going to be better for this, even as much as I hate having to go through the cycle.

by Anonymousreply 325August 15, 2018 3:47 PM

^^Crap, wrong link:

[R292] that behavior is sociopathic. Trump has brought anti-social mental malpractice right out in the open. Deplorables love that shit and are rolling in it like catnip.

The empathetic, or laden with a moral compass, are appalled. Newbies to anti-social behavior are tired, confused or outright gaslit.

by Anonymousreply 326August 15, 2018 3:49 PM

Spin it Sarah.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327August 15, 2018 4:27 PM

Tee-hee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 15, 2018 4:28 PM

Falwell is so deluded he should be committed to an insane asylum.

by Anonymousreply 329August 15, 2018 5:03 PM

This article is from back in May, but is a reminder of how much of this ties together. One cannot separate figures such as Mnuchin and McConnell from this saga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 15, 2018 5:26 PM

Interesting discussion. Scroll to varied comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331August 15, 2018 5:41 PM

r317 I think it's dangerous to believe only 15% support Trump. I live in a blue state yet know many who like Trump, not wholeheartedly like the people that go to rallies, but they don't have time to follow the news and think he is helping the economy. It's very important to assume that 40% is correct, we don't want it like last election where people think they don't need to vote because Trump/GOP are a sure bet to lose.

I would rather be wrong when November comes and see overwhelmingly the GOP get crushed, but for now I will assume a close race and work to get those who oppose Trump's policies to show up to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 332August 15, 2018 5:46 PM

La Senatrice definitely changed course after that golf outing at Mar-a-Lago. If the speculation in the Twitter thread is right, she was bribed by the suave Mr. Oleg Deripaska.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333August 15, 2018 5:57 PM

The Manafort trial goes to the jury on Friday?

by Anonymousreply 334August 15, 2018 6:00 PM

I think about 20% blindly support trump, and another 15% support him with reservations (they like much of what he does, but not everything).

by Anonymousreply 335August 15, 2018 6:04 PM

[quote]I love it when he shits all over Dershowitz.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 336August 15, 2018 6:05 PM

Sarah Sanders announces that President Trump has decided to revoke John Brennan’s security clearance.

by Anonymousreply 337August 15, 2018 6:39 PM

What w bitch.

by Anonymousreply 338August 15, 2018 6:41 PM

[quote]Sarah Sanders announces that President Trump has decided to revoke John Brennan’s security clearance.

And considering do so with Gen. Clapper, Gen. Hayden, Comey, Strzok and Page.

But not, interestingly, Michael Flynn.

An oversight, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 339August 15, 2018 6:44 PM

Mueller needs to land some new indictments soon.

Trump has moved to censorship decrees. Totalitarianism is happening in real time.

by Anonymousreply 340August 15, 2018 6:47 PM

Way to go to change the subject from using the N word.

by Anonymousreply 341August 15, 2018 6:48 PM

Trump needs to be in prison as soon as possible, he is unamerican.

Clapper and Brennan do not use their clearance anyway. In the meantime, lying assholes like Trump and Jared supposedly get classified information daily, as if they could be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 342August 15, 2018 6:51 PM

R333, the one Twitter poster expressed such was discovered in the Cohen trove of information.

by Anonymousreply 343August 15, 2018 6:53 PM

Pearl Jam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344August 15, 2018 6:55 PM

Mueller should do his best to go after Donald Junior and Jared. Jared is doing a lot of damage to America.

by Anonymousreply 345August 15, 2018 6:55 PM

There are 18 counts, against Manafort, FYI.

by Anonymousreply 346August 15, 2018 7:09 PM

Pretty certain that picking fights with rock royalty who just raised $11-million for homelessness isn't a good look for the whiny little GOP bitches.

by Anonymousreply 347August 15, 2018 7:10 PM

Jerry Falwell Jr is a grifter too with his "university"

by Anonymousreply 348August 15, 2018 7:11 PM

Eddie Vedder fan here. GOP can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 349August 15, 2018 7:12 PM

Attempts to revoke the security clearances of those listed are actions in furtherance of a crime, right? If these people are potential witnesses against the president or witnesses in cases that could materially harm the president, then these actions appear to be criminal.

by Anonymousreply 350August 15, 2018 7:42 PM

Lovely, r350, but seems like a stretch to this layman.

by Anonymousreply 351August 15, 2018 8:00 PM

FBI agents in California and Washington, D.C., have investigated a series of cyberattacks over the past year that targeted a Democratic opponent of Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA). Rohrabacher is a 15-term incumbent who is widely seen as the most pro-Russia and pro-Putin member of Congress and is a staunch supporter of President Trump.

The hacking attempts and the FBI’s involvement are described in dozens of emails and forensic records obtained by Rolling Stone.

The target of these attacks, Dr. Hans Keirstead, a stem-cell scientist and the CEO of a biomedical research company, finished third in California’s nonpartisan “top-two” primary on June 5th, falling 125 votes short of advancing to the general election in one of the narrowest margins of any congressional primary this year. He has since endorsed Harley Rouda, the Democrat who finished in second place and will face Rohrabacher in the November election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352August 15, 2018 8:07 PM

I never realized till recently how hard it is to prosecute white collar crime. The biggest criminals in the world are never charged with their crimes.

by Anonymousreply 353August 15, 2018 8:09 PM

A daily trickle of revealing internal conversations between staffers. Growing anxiety about what one might have once said. No sense of how long it will go on.

Omarosa Manigault Newman’s slow release of secretly taped conversations from inside the Trump campaign and White House is having the same effect on staffers as the daily dumps from WikiLeaks had on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign, when chairman John Podesta’s emails were trickled out during the final stretch of the race.

“People are terrified,” one former Trump aide said of the tapes. “Absolutely terrified.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354August 15, 2018 8:11 PM

Trump's stunt with Brennan is trying to change the news headlines. Trump and his cohorts are terrified of Omarosa. Somebody clever is closely advising her, even if it is just fluff to sell a book. I don't think that's it; believe she has more evidence that is embarrassing for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 355August 15, 2018 8:23 PM

"There's two people I think Putin pays....."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 15, 2018 8:32 PM

"Graduating students and their families stood up and turned their backs on her. I was seated onstage watching this travesty unfold. When the booing started, she should have wrapped it up, but she went on and on for twenty minutes, talking over the booing. I was thinking 'It’s not about you! Abandon your full speech! Adjust, woman!'" Manigault Newman added.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357August 15, 2018 8:41 PM

I guess we'll have wait for the chattering classes on TV tonight to see if it's the case, r351.

by Anonymousreply 358August 15, 2018 8:42 PM

Lindsey Graham does not have John McCain available anymore to cover for him and focus his direction. He's playing a very risky game, and too many are now aware of his wishy-washy methodology. When it is known, minimally, his PAC directly received $800,000 from a foreign oligarch source, attacking the FBI/DOJ relentlessly, may not be a wise move.

by Anonymousreply 359August 15, 2018 8:52 PM

Does the White House staff ever feel like they are stalked? I thought they said Huckabee Sanders ask for Secret Service security? They are well hated, why would anyone work for this White House?

by Anonymousreply 360August 15, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote] R360: ...why would anyone work for this White House?

R360, look at the caliber of the staff. There are two types that are hired. Nobodies, for whom this is the pinnacle of their careers. Then there are the Generals, for whom this is their opportunity to keep “the crazy” from completely wrecking the country. That’s why, as far as I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 361August 15, 2018 9:13 PM

R354 When I saw Sarah Suckabee with a fake smile on her face speaking with a non-bitchy voice with the press yesterday, I thought she must be scared that Omarosa might have something on her.

by Anonymousreply 362August 15, 2018 9:21 PM

I thought they were going to stop showing SSH briefings? Just show a transcript, FUCK HER!

by Anonymousreply 363August 15, 2018 9:39 PM

I just found out my neighbor is the Associate Counsel to the President. I kid you not. Total frat boy loser.

by Anonymousreply 364August 15, 2018 9:44 PM

Every time Trump tries to get public attention by revoking security clearances or starting a war, Omarosa needs to release another tape.

Beat the orange one by using the same dirty tricks.

by Anonymousreply 365August 15, 2018 9:45 PM

R361, some have conflicts of interests, profiteering from agencies they are or were regulating.

Mnuchin, Wilbur Ross, Scott Pruitt, etc.

by Anonymousreply 366August 15, 2018 10:04 PM

I hope someone is recording Trump now. He has probably been using the N word a lot since Omarosa has been outfoxing him this week.

by Anonymousreply 367August 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Cheeto has hired Charles Harder, who represented Hulk Hogan in the lawsuit that ended Gawker, to get Omarosa to back down. I hope she continues to call his bluff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368August 15, 2018 10:17 PM

Didn't Cheeto hire Harder to shut up Stormy Daniels and Avenatti, and how did that turn out?

by Anonymousreply 369August 15, 2018 10:18 PM

Who could've thunk it when Season One of The Apprentice was on the air, that it will be replayed as a real-life reality shit show in the friggin' White House 15 years later?!

by Anonymousreply 370August 15, 2018 10:22 PM

I never did watch the fucker. I wish Omarosa would release more tapes.

by Anonymousreply 371August 15, 2018 10:46 PM

Smellyanne says her husband's tweets are "disrespectful" in a new WaPo profile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372August 15, 2018 10:49 PM

Good one, R369!

by Anonymousreply 373August 15, 2018 10:49 PM

I remember one day, sometime around The Apprentice's third or fourth season, I saw the TV ratings in my neighbor's Entertainment Weekly and noticed that it had fallen out of the top ten. And that very same night I saw an interview with Trump on TV where he was bragging that it was the number one show on TV that week. Huh? I told myself there had to be a qualification or something that I was missing, because surely no one would just go on TV and utter such a bald-faced, easily disproven lie like that. He’s doing the exact same thing now, only about things that actually matter.

by Anonymousreply 374August 15, 2018 10:54 PM

R372 A smelly divorce coming?

by Anonymousreply 375August 15, 2018 10:57 PM

If Miss Lindsey took foreign campaign contributions, she is playing a very dangerous double game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376August 15, 2018 11:04 PM

r374 he did that all the time. Just bald faced lying about easily provable things and everyone just laughed "Oh that's Donnie" and now look at us!

by Anonymousreply 377August 15, 2018 11:10 PM

R376, Lindsey does contractions. It has been a pattern. Her vote on whatever, will be reliably partisan.

by Anonymousreply 378August 15, 2018 11:24 PM

R376, they should propose a bill making foreign campaign contributions illegal and backdate it somehow to apply to the previous five or six years. The yeas and nays would draw Mueller a very precise road map.

by Anonymousreply 379August 15, 2018 11:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380August 15, 2018 11:39 PM

Long post, my apologies, but I’m sharing it because I think some might relate. I think revoking Brennan’s security clearance is a mixed blessing that may spur movement. It only reinforces to intelligence agencies that a) yes, he will escalate, b) yes, he’s become even more unhinged, and c) yes, time is ever more slipping away.

The window to stop him won’t be open forever. I am definitely one of those who wants this to play out as much as possible through the people, the voters (the caveat of course being that our elections can’t keep being fixed!!!!!!). But seeing him do this with Brennan, listening to the Huckabeast, it just all makes me go back to one of my early fantasies. The daydream is that Maddog requests a one-on-one dinner in the Green Room with Cheeto under the pretense of colluding, but instead slits his throat deep enough that he bleeds out in less than two minutes. I envision his blood filling the two-scoops of vanilla ice cream in the porcelain china bowl, Maddog let him have not a single taste. I kid, I do still want it to play out “legally” but I’ll be beyond thrilled if someone just goes rogue.

I am still indeed very hopeful. People are angrier than ever, there are plenty of patriots, many are resisting. But I just wish I could see something really dramatic happen to really throw a mind-fuck curve ball at him. I know it will happen, but the waiting is the hardest part. I’ve been waiting for two years.

It will be extremely interesting to see what is the final tipping point. Are we seeing it with, of all people, Omarosa? You can’t write this shit, couldn’t imagine it, you can’t make this up. I detest her. But perhaps her evil selfishness will work in our favor just this once.

Last but not least, most of these two years, I believed the GOP was absolutely taking money BUT ALSO being blackmailed, but NOT full-stop colluding “as a party” with Russia, if that makes any sense. I thought maybe there was a RICO case, but I still thought it was a lot of separate actors, and that most didn’t have direct contact with Russia. But something in my brain clicked today reading this thread and the attached articles — the worst case scenario is indeed the truth. The GOP is actually fully, completely, totally, utterly and madly in partnership with Russia. I believe at least 50 to 70% of the national-level reps are in a TOTAL conspiracy. At the state and local level, it’s much less, but perhaps as much as 25 — 30%? I don’t know how far Russia has penetrated.

THAT, my friends, is what we are facing. That is the chilling truth. I’ve known they were all turning and taking money from Russian donors. I’ve believed the whole time they welcomed Russian interference. But I really couldn’t believe it was a full-stop conspiracy where they are orchestrating the entire GOP’s press statements through Putin, where dozens are talking with Russians, where multiple deals are being secretly made with Russia weekly (and on behalf of Russia’s allies). I’m just saying, I am a person who two years ago knew and believed the election was hacked, I knew tons of Repubs were involved, but I thought there were just individuals within the party doing it, on a semi-solo basis. Maybe a few here and there would talk together and plan, but I couldn’t envision a room of say 35 people talking about what Putin wants them to do — now I see that is what is happening. I am fully convinced it is a criminal conspiracy without question. If you have been sitting on the sidelines just “lurking” please please please — your country needs you right now. This is IT. We are at that crossroads. I have been as much of an activist as I can, I implore you to do the same if you have not. Many experts have said that part of how we got to this point is a “failure of imagination.” Americans had it so good for so long, we thought things could never change. They have. We need your voice.

“Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”

“Man will prevail.”

by Anonymousreply 381August 15, 2018 11:40 PM

If Obama had done 1/100000000000000000th the shit this asshat pulls, (insert a term that is apoplectic times 999,999,999,999,999,999,999).

Someone needs to end this shitshow now. Our nation is in danger (we in danger gurl). Like for real. The Repugs, and conservatives in general (who support this treasonous liar) are a clear and present danger because they've sold their souls and our nation out for their own partisan gain.

by Anonymousreply 382August 15, 2018 11:46 PM

R382, anything controversial Trump has done and tell a deplorable that Obama did it. Then stand back and watch the fireworks.

by Anonymousreply 383August 15, 2018 11:53 PM

r383 When you point out their hypocrisy, they will say "Welp, we got tax cuts and the Supreme Court" like their talking points have told them.

They know they are out of this world hypocritical and have forever forsaken their place at the table to criticize any future president on their behavior. Every person who has gone along with Dump and either not said anything or openly nodded along because they got their pet policies passed should never again be allowed to give their opinion on TV or in print. They've rendered their opinions moot.

by Anonymousreply 384August 15, 2018 11:57 PM

r379 Ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. That is, punishment can only apply to actions which occur after the law is passed.

by Anonymousreply 385August 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Not a slit throat but a heart attack or stroke with continued prosecutions, R381. Personally, I think it would send a message but then who am I? It’s treason at the highest levels and the inaction is somewhat puzzling.

by Anonymousreply 386August 16, 2018 12:07 AM

No, I'd like to see an impeachment trial and conviction. I'd like to see the truly awful Republicans twist in the wind and go down with the president.

by Anonymousreply 387August 16, 2018 12:14 AM

The jury in the Manafort case starts deliberations tomorrow morning. Here’s hoping for a conviction by lunchtime.

by Anonymousreply 388August 16, 2018 12:33 AM

Mr Emotional R381 is really trying to get us to become violent like the Antifas.

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 389August 16, 2018 12:42 AM

what is so pathetic about all of this this is that the deplorables have all the power in the world right now. This is they most power they will ever have. All those toothless hicks have the president in their hand. He has to do what they demand or he has no base.

So what to the newly empowered trash of the world demand? Nothing.

They could be demanding factories and raises and new wheels for their trailer.

But instead their bosses got a tax cut and their bosses got their ideal corporate-elite loving SCOTUS and the rank and file impoverished deplorables get....NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 390August 16, 2018 12:43 AM

Somebody needs to tell the deplorables to demand their money’s worth.

They get nothing in return for their blind loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 391August 16, 2018 12:46 AM

They have a WHITE president.

That was the whole point.

And he’s a man.

by Anonymousreply 392August 16, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote] and the rank and file impoverished deplorables get....NOTHING.

They seem to think they got the right to be openly racist.

by Anonymousreply 393August 16, 2018 12:48 AM

Yeah but their bargaining power is through the roof. It’s time for them to demand insurance (with dental) and raise increases.

They could make a big fuss and get whatever they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 394August 16, 2018 1:05 AM

Instead they get tariffs. And closed factories. Their bosses all got huge windfalls. And they get squat.

by Anonymousreply 395August 16, 2018 1:07 AM

Being a deplorable is its own punishment. Such a raw deal.

by Anonymousreply 396August 16, 2018 1:08 AM

Wages in America are stagnant, but CEO pay has EXPLODED in the last year. Congrats, Deplorables! I’m sure you’ll all be millionaires in no time.

by Anonymousreply 397August 16, 2018 1:11 AM

In New Mexico, a judge released five Islamic terrorists on $20K bond even though they owned a compound where children were trained to become mass shooters and one child was murdered. But Paul Manafort has been placed in solitary confinement with no opportunity to post bond. Democrats think that helping elect Donald Trump is a far worse crime than murdering an innocent child.

by Anonymousreply 398August 16, 2018 1:15 AM

r398 WTFever Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 399August 16, 2018 1:18 AM

Steve Bannon is spearheading a propaganda offensive aimed at keeping the House, including a [italic]Triumph of the Will[/italic]–style movie exalting Trump and demonizing Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400August 16, 2018 1:34 AM

Manafort asked to change prisons, then retracted the request a couple of weeks ago. He is in prison now because he violated the terms of house arrest. He is in solitary confinement because he is a very high profile detainee, and his personal safety is a factor. R398, your suggestiveness is flawed.

by Anonymousreply 401August 16, 2018 1:39 AM

r398 God you trolls are desperate this week. If you're trolling for free it's just pathetic. If you're getting paid you need to tell your home office the "Paul Manafort is actually an American hero" line isn't playing well. Run along now.

by Anonymousreply 402August 16, 2018 1:41 AM

r400 They are still on Hillary's dick? GAWD I think they secretly love her. It's like a scene out of Brokeback Mountain- Hillary, I can't quit ya.

by Anonymousreply 403August 16, 2018 1:41 AM

r401, r398 is a troll; don't feed him.

by Anonymousreply 404August 16, 2018 1:43 AM

They hate Hillary because she just kept coming back. She kept being successful despite the astronomical tons of shit they threw at her. And they hate her because she won the election, fair and square.

You know, it is ALMOST like they are still fighting her because, now hear me out, maybe she will be revealed to be the actual, duly elected President when all the shenanigans are revealed and that is why they are still going after her. Gotta make her unpalatable to the people when all is revealed. It is their only hope.

by Anonymousreply 405August 16, 2018 1:47 AM

They all have Hillary Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 406August 16, 2018 1:58 AM

When you get right down to it, they're just a bunch of sadists and assholes who have to keep gloating, trolling, and twisting the knife. You know, to let everyone know they're the winners. WINNING, WINNING, WINNING!

by Anonymousreply 407August 16, 2018 2:04 AM

I have a theory: I think Trump's team hasn't heard from Mueller in months and they are freaking the fuck out over it. We have no proof that they've negotiated with Mueller or that Mueller has threatened a subpoena at all. Mueller's team doesn't leak and Rudy is a pathological liar, so nothing he says can be trusted. I think they are worried because there is radio silence from Mueller which means he's already made his case against Trump and Rudy is simply trying to figure out when charges are being brought.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408August 16, 2018 2:04 AM

Rudy needs to be doing geriatric drag shows as Rudia, Trudy or whatever. Surely, there is a quaint bar in NYC that caters to such. He would be making less of a fool himself.

by Anonymousreply 409August 16, 2018 2:21 AM

Why does Rudy have such hideous (there are no actual words to describe them) lower teeth? He's fucking rich. Can't he fix them?

by Anonymousreply 410August 16, 2018 2:25 AM

His overpowering denture odor has a deleterious effect on his mental faculties.

by Anonymousreply 411August 16, 2018 2:30 AM

I think that's a dandy theory, R408. It does fit with what we actually know.

by Anonymousreply 412August 16, 2018 2:36 AM

[quote] Steve Bannon is spearheading a propaganda offensive aimed at keeping the House, including a Triumph of the Will–style movie exalting Trump and demonizing Hillary.

"Triumph of the Shill".

by Anonymousreply 413August 16, 2018 2:36 AM

Speaking of trolls, some accounts inactive from 2011-2014 all just today unfollowed me. I reported them all as hacked. You can use who dot unfollowed dot me and give it permissions to use your Twitter account to see if any inactive accounts dropped from your followers. You can visit the account page and report each, selecting "I think this account was hacked." The trolls are ramping up for the midterm elections.

by Anonymousreply 414August 16, 2018 2:56 AM

The truth is, Trump has been part of the Russian Mafia for years and he knows that his life and the lives of his family are at risk if he does not do what Putin says.

by Anonymousreply 415August 16, 2018 2:59 AM

r413 Somebody already did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416August 16, 2018 2:59 AM

(R405) I don’t think you are delusional. Your explanation makes the only common sense out of why they are still So fixed on Hillary. I think you are right. They stole the election and they need to make her unpalatable and impossible to the general public as the actual victor in 2016, in case the truth is publicly uncovered.

by Anonymousreply 417August 16, 2018 3:38 AM

Submitted topic title for future use: "All Progress Depends on the Untreasonable Man"

by Anonymousreply 418August 16, 2018 4:42 AM

Hot and juicy tea at link. Conways escalating public fued. Hursbang going rogue with oped in WaPo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419August 16, 2018 5:06 AM

I think George Conway needs to leave that marriage as soon as possible; his actual sanity is at state.

by Anonymousreply 420August 16, 2018 5:45 AM

What state?

by Anonymousreply 421August 16, 2018 5:50 AM

Ha ha r421, yes I mean to write "stake" not "state." You got me. It's late and I'm tired so I think I'm going to go to bed now.

by Anonymousreply 422August 16, 2018 5:52 AM

I'm confused; I though that Brennan etc getting their security clearances revoked was old news. Didn't Dump say he was going to do that ages ago?

by Anonymousreply 423August 16, 2018 6:31 AM

Yes. He threatened to revoke the clearance ages ago.

He’s doing it now so that the press will spend the next cohpme days chasing that ball (Squirrel!) rather than Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 424August 16, 2018 6:40 AM

“couple days”

by Anonymousreply 425August 16, 2018 6:43 AM

[quote]"Welp, we got tax cuts and the Supreme Court" like their talking points have told them.

Ask them: Are tax cuts and SCOTUS what made you support Cheeto over all other Rethug candidates? Is that why Cheeto was winning the Rethug primaries? Of course not! All of them wanted tax cuts and Supes Justices. So?

Isn't the answer: You, the deplorable, chose Trump because of "Build the wall and Mexico to pay for it". Of which none will happen, and people told you that. Next, you chose Trump because he is a birther just like you, and a racist.

by Anonymousreply 426August 16, 2018 7:33 AM

Next time a deplorable brings up the tax cuts, ask them if they think the Trump tariffs are anything other than new taxes on consumers which will offset whatever crumbs they get from the tax cuts.

And that's without the rising costs of healthcare because after the Rethugs spectacularly failed to pass any new law, let alone a better law, Cheeto decided the best course of action is to illegally sabotage it until the people are left with nothing. And then ask them wasn't Cheeto running his mouth about his "beautiful cheap health plan" during the campaign, and weren't they, the deplorables, taken in like chumps.

by Anonymousreply 427August 16, 2018 7:45 AM

John Brennan: President Trump’s Claims of No Collusion Are Hogwash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428August 16, 2018 10:27 AM

When I'm on twitter, I have followers and I follow people, but I never engage with the crackpots. I see some people who respond to the Alt Right people and try to discuss an issue with them, and the minute I see one I block it. I think we need to be very aggressive about blocking because the troll infestation is definitely getting worse right now.

by Anonymousreply 429August 16, 2018 12:35 PM

The solution is to a) block / ignore the trolls and b) to voice your disapproval of Trump and the GOP's actions. DO NOT engage with trolls, do not defend your comments when trolls and haters try to push your buttons. Sadly you can't have civil discussions anymore, because there is always one confrontational troll around trying to get you on the defense making you, and your opinion, look weak and so very silly.

by Anonymousreply 430August 16, 2018 12:48 PM

One good thing: This experience of a major cyber attack by a foreign adversary, whose main weapon is divisive hate filled fear mongering, has taught me to really think about who I am and what I believe in and what I stand for. It's not some vague bullshit anymore. Maybe 6 years ago I may have gotten into a good "discussion" with someone who opposed the Affordable Care Act, or who was a climate change denier. But no more. I know who I am and what I believe in. And I will not put up with any shit from trolls. My beliefs are firm.

by Anonymousreply 431August 16, 2018 1:29 PM

[quote] It's very important to assume that 40% is correct, we don't want it like last election where people think they don't need to vote because Trump/GOP are a sure bet to lose.

r332, people should vote anyway. They should not rely on the media to tell them whether they should or shouldn't vote (we shouldn't vote liberal, because ... it's a done deal! / oh, what's the point? the votes wil not count anyway / oh, what's the point? The Deplorables will outvote us anyway!). That's the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 432August 16, 2018 1:36 PM

Omarosa is dropping a new “secret recording” at 1pm on msnbc.

God, I am loving her long game here.

by Anonymousreply 433August 16, 2018 1:40 PM

I am not getting MSNBC!

by Anonymousreply 434August 16, 2018 2:00 PM

You can be sure it will be posted here as soon it's revealed, R434.

by Anonymousreply 435August 16, 2018 2:02 PM

Maybe Omarosa releases a juicy one on Craig Melvin @ 1 on MSNBC.

With Aretha Franklin passing, there will be other heavy news coverage.

by Anonymousreply 436August 16, 2018 2:06 PM

[quote]For whatever reasons, the media and others need to believe there is still a viable Republican Party when there isn't.

Optics, r314.

For when they steal the next elections.

by Anonymousreply 437August 16, 2018 2:14 PM

r436 - "Maybe Omarosa releases a juicy one on Craig Melvin @ 1 on MSNBC."

by Anonymousreply 438August 16, 2018 2:29 PM

So the excuse given by Drumpf is that he revoked Brennan's security clearance because he blames him for Mueller and the investigation.

Someone explain this once again isn't obstruction of justice?

by Anonymousreply 439August 16, 2018 2:31 PM

He's off his rocker right now, R439, and is not following anyone's advice.

Meanwhile his count now includes the Conway marriage. Mine wouldn't survive this level of public bullshit she just threw. Publicly humiliate the bitch, George, please. Do it for the kids. They deserve better than a lying liar for a mother.

by Anonymousreply 440August 16, 2018 2:34 PM

The Republican Party electorate comprises the illiterate, the thuggish, the racist, the misogynistic, the immoral "religious," and the authoritarian. Their actual values would superimpose the Swastika, the Hammer and Sickle, and the Stars and Bars on the American flag.

There is an unreachable % that will never, even while losing jobs, homes, finances, and even lives because of Republican policies, vote for the Party they perceive as sissified and anti-American. Bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 441August 16, 2018 2:57 PM

Putin crony tweeted list of proposed security-clearance revocations two days before the 7/26 memo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442August 16, 2018 3:10 PM

Re: the list of people who "may" lose their clearance.

Is it it an inflated list? Didn't Comey and McCabe already lose their clearances because they were fired?

by Anonymousreply 443August 16, 2018 3:49 PM

Watch the media just skip over this. If anyone outside the administration, let alone a friend of Vladimir freaking Putin, had a list of people Trump was going to strip of their security clearances, this is a big effing deal! Either they’re spying on the WH or someone there is leaking the info to the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 444August 16, 2018 3:54 PM

I wonder what stunt he'll pull in time for the elections.

by Anonymousreply 445August 16, 2018 3:55 PM

I hope mueller keeps track of tweets coming from some of these people.

by Anonymousreply 446August 16, 2018 4:02 PM

Will they stop the Aretha coverage for Omarosa? Cnn is Aretha and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 447August 16, 2018 4:10 PM

Oh my GAAAAAAAAHD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 16, 2018 4:16 PM

The cost of his stupid parade just went up again. We are at $96 million now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 16, 2018 4:19 PM

I want the US people to present a bill to the grifter family after this is over for every cent wasted on security for the grown up kids and their families and other shit like this parade. All the flight fuel costs to Margalardass, etc.

Someone better be compiling the mother of all ads with that shit when they start screeching for austerity from the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 450August 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Whatever tape Omarosa plays at 1:00 today is going to be a whole lot of nothing. If she was releasing something big, she’d be doing it in prime time. She’s nothing if not skilled at TV salesmanship.

by Anonymousreply 451August 16, 2018 4:50 PM

Scared R451?

by Anonymousreply 452August 16, 2018 4:51 PM

sure troll, R451

love how all this nothing got you doing a whole lot of something

by Anonymousreply 453August 16, 2018 4:51 PM

Will he lock her up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454August 16, 2018 4:51 PM

Why am I looking at Pompeo reading a prayer during a cabinet meeting? Why is Trump pretending to be the Christian equivalent to the Taliban?

So many questions....

by Anonymousreply 455August 16, 2018 4:52 PM

I did not know Aretha Franklin personally, but I can assure you, she was NOT a friend of Donald Trump.....and in what world did she WORK for him ?

by Anonymousreply 456August 16, 2018 4:54 PM

That's fun, R454. No matter what you think of Omarosa, she knows how to push his fucking buttons. 6 minutes to Tea time.

by Anonymousreply 457August 16, 2018 4:55 PM

R456, didn’t Frederick Douglass also work for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 458August 16, 2018 4:56 PM

Putty Poop doesn't need a U.S. security clearance when he can get it directly from the mouth of the sychophant.

by Anonymousreply 459August 16, 2018 5:02 PM

Apparently Aretha attended the opening of Trump International Hotel and Tower...I dont know if she performed, but thats hardly a working relationship.

by Anonymousreply 460August 16, 2018 5:05 PM

He probably mistook her for the maid and asked her to put a pint of mint ice cream on his pillow.

by Anonymousreply 461August 16, 2018 5:06 PM

[quote]Whatever tape Omarosa plays at 1:00 today is going to be a whole lot of nothing. If she was releasing something big, she’d be doing it in prime time. She’s nothing if not skilled at TV salesmanship.

It turned out to be kinda minor, but it corroborated part of her book, so that’s good. She’ll save the good stuff for prime time. Anderson or Acosta or Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 462August 16, 2018 5:16 PM

He certainly has a love/hate relationship with the word collusion.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463August 16, 2018 5:18 PM

Trump's military parade is now estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464August 16, 2018 5:21 PM

I'd bet good money on Omarosa milking these tapes for an entire book series.

by Anonymousreply 465August 16, 2018 5:23 PM

Is the Manafort jury deliberating?

by Anonymousreply 466August 16, 2018 5:27 PM

If $92 million is available to throw a parade, why wouldn't that money be used instead to help out Puerto Rico and The Virgin Islands? or the costs of reuniting families at the border? or even building that fucking wall which looks less like a joke compared to that fucking parade that NOBODY except Trump wants.? The military wants nothing to do with it, but is basically being coerced.

Why the fuck is that psychopath still in the Oval Office?????

by Anonymousreply 467August 16, 2018 5:28 PM

He asked Jeff Session to arrest Omarosa! Sounds like a bigtime meltdown to me.

by Anonymousreply 468August 16, 2018 5:32 PM

Cussing Miss Lindz was again on Fox last night demanding a special prosecutor for Hillary's Emails and FISA warrant on Carter Page. She sounds very protective of Page.

How about a special prosecutor for the pac money she and other politicians received from oligarchs tied to Putty?

How about a special prosecutor to explore and determine if obstruction of justice strategy planning occurred at those golf outings?

by Anonymousreply 469August 16, 2018 5:32 PM

Of course the parade is going overbudget. Putin and all his oligarch pals aren't gonna fly over here coach, now are they?

by Anonymousreply 470August 16, 2018 5:37 PM

Miss Lindsay will be locked up too. She must be up to her gills with money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 471August 16, 2018 5:41 PM

The military could get some balls and say no. Why are they afraid of this turd? Is hethreatening to defund certain things?

by Anonymousreply 472August 16, 2018 5:47 PM

It could be a felony to pay hush money from an election campaign.

Why was CNN’s Inside Politics totally about Aretha? That made no sense whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 473August 16, 2018 5:47 PM

Someone has video of Mz. Lindsay sucking cock at a glory hole or a Grindr profile.

by Anonymousreply 474August 16, 2018 5:49 PM

R472, unfortunately, the US Armed Forces work for the fuckstain. To not follow orders is anathema to the military.

by Anonymousreply 475August 16, 2018 6:04 PM

R474, I assure you, you cad, there are no profiles of me on any of those applications! Quelle horreur!

by Anonymousreply 476August 16, 2018 6:05 PM

92 million dollars of the tax payers' money to boost the ego of a mentally disturbed despot.......

by Anonymousreply 477August 16, 2018 6:12 PM

R476 - do you think you could maybe snap your femur next time?

by Anonymousreply 478August 16, 2018 6:14 PM

Why stop with just a major bone, R478? Let's see if he can snap his own neck....

by Anonymousreply 479August 16, 2018 6:16 PM

DJT needs to be a real, devoted "daddy" to Barron. Miss Lindz needs to find another, and preferably outside of politics and corruption.

by Anonymousreply 480August 16, 2018 6:17 PM

[quote] R432: ... people should vote anyway.

I agree. I’m in the bluest of states but I voted for Hillary because the popular vote is important as far as giving the Pres. a mandate. As it is, Trump is weakened by having lost the popular vote, right? How often do you hear that referenced? Almost every day, if discussing politics.

by Anonymousreply 481August 16, 2018 6:37 PM

If Omarosa stretches the tape releases out too long, she’ll lose the public’s attention.

by Anonymousreply 482August 16, 2018 6:52 PM

Miz Lindsey meets her gentlemen callers the old-fashioned way; blindfolded in the tobacco drying shed.

by Anonymousreply 483August 16, 2018 6:57 PM

Miz L doesn't do a damn thing for South Carolina unless it relates to the military contractors or big donors. Horrible roads, poor schools, corrupt state governance....

Mark Sanford really lost in the primary because he criticized Trump and was trying to protect the coastline, environmentally.

by Anonymousreply 484August 16, 2018 7:09 PM

This is fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485August 16, 2018 7:30 PM

r472 The head brass is fine with it because Mattis is every bit the asshole Trump is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 16, 2018 9:08 PM

Lindsey Graham supporting Senate Intel Chairman Burr's statement that defends Trump's authority to revoke Brennan's security clearance.

This GOP House and Senate continues to criticize or counter anyone associated with Intelligence work, past and present, that doesn't fawn over Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 16, 2018 9:09 PM

R487 The day of reckoning for Trump and cronies can't come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 488August 16, 2018 9:22 PM

Oh shit. The Paul Manafort jury asked the judge some questions, one of which was if the judge could go over reasonable doubt again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 16, 2018 9:23 PM

jfc. They also asked a question about "shelf" companies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490August 16, 2018 9:26 PM

A reporter at the court says shelf companies are actually a real thing. They are companies which have no activity.

by Anonymousreply 491August 16, 2018 9:35 PM

Could the "reasonable doubt" question just apply to one of the charges? Doesn't he have something like a dozen charges against him?

by Anonymousreply 492August 16, 2018 9:41 PM

18 charges and it's not all or nothing. He could be guilty on some and not on others. But I want it to be overwhelming. That fricking judge was blasting the prosecutors because he thought they overcharged, i.e. Threw the book at Manafort in hopes that some of it would stick. Asshole republican. Still thinks "the rules" apply.

by Anonymousreply 493August 16, 2018 9:57 PM

R493 and yet you know if it were Hillary the judge would have said they didn't throw enough charges at her and probably would have supported additional charges like overdue library fines from her days at Wellesley.

by Anonymousreply 494August 16, 2018 10:30 PM

Yup. Lawyers are saying, "typical lifetime appointment judge with massive ego" and "judge was being super hard so it doesn't get overturned on appeal" but nobody is taking into account "dozy jurors who can't follow elaborate financial schemes". Like, "oh, he forgot to file taxes on this foreign bank acct. Hey it could happen to anyone".

by Anonymousreply 495August 16, 2018 10:39 PM

So, apparently Papadopolous is looking to get out of his plea agreement......its funny because the wife is using Trump terminology to justify it. It wont happen this late in the game, but Ill bet that someone got to them.

by Anonymousreply 496August 16, 2018 10:41 PM

Papadopoulis is too late. He won't get a pardon if that's what he's angling for. And really, in the scheme of things he's a small fish. He could prove conspiracy I guess, but WTF. I hope he goes to jail. I think he'll have fun there.

by Anonymousreply 497August 16, 2018 10:47 PM

Trump Jr. ("Junior Mint" as gf Kimberly Guilfoyle calls him), is reportedly is in high demand at deplorable political events and supporting GOP candidates

Just a few years back, anyone who would give false testimony to Congress, and host Russian agents in hoping to gather dirt on a political opponent seeking the highest office; would not be cheered and embraced, but ostracized and denounced.

by Anonymousreply 498August 16, 2018 10:50 PM

Must read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 16, 2018 10:52 PM

Don’t they mean “shell” companies?

by Anonymousreply 500August 16, 2018 10:59 PM

No, shelf companies are when you only own 50% or less. What Manafort is trying to say is, he didn't "control" the company therefore he's not responsible for tax shenanigans. What he's not saying is that his wife owned the other 50%.

by Anonymousreply 501August 16, 2018 11:04 PM

R500, no shelf and shell companies are two different things.

by Anonymousreply 502August 16, 2018 11:05 PM

r498....look at the way they treat Mike Flynn when he makes campaign endorsements....its an pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 503August 16, 2018 11:05 PM

A Shell company defined by Wikipedia: “A shell corporation is a company which serves as a vehicle for business transactions without itself having any significant assets or operations … Shell corporations are not in themselves illegal, and they do have legitimate business purposes.”

A Shelf company defined by Wikipedia: “A shelf corporation, shelf company, or aged corporation is a company or corporation that has had no activity. It was created and left with no activity – metaphorically put on the “shelf” to “age”. The company can then be sold to a person or group of persons who wish to start a company without going through all the procedures of creating a new one.”

by Anonymousreply 504August 16, 2018 11:06 PM

Shit, ignore my answer at r501. That was an explanation of FBAR and it's not even accurate because the tax law is so convoluted. Basically, avoiding taxes overseas is quite easy to do and rarely does anyone get caught.

by Anonymousreply 505August 16, 2018 11:10 PM

r489 that is a greasy-looking Twitter photo!

by Anonymousreply 506August 16, 2018 11:14 PM

Ari Melber batted his eyelashes and looking into the cameras with faux sincerity announced his big "get": On Friday he's having a special interview at 10 PM, "with a man who rarely agrees to any interviews," Steve Bannon. I tweeted that I won't be watching. I urge others to do likewise.

by Anonymousreply 507August 16, 2018 11:25 PM

r507 oh no, I won't watch that filth spew his shit.

by Anonymousreply 508August 16, 2018 11:27 PM

R507 Geez, more Trump propaganda... didn't Rosie O school him on that just last week?

by Anonymousreply 509August 16, 2018 11:28 PM

Brannon always goes after the gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 510August 16, 2018 11:43 PM

I'm hoping that the request for a definition of "Reasonable Doubt," was solely about one of the counts or that it was to address the Defense's claims that the Prosecution didn't do enough to prove their case and they wanted to make sure it didn't have to be a "slam dunk case."

I mean, Jesus, Dotard's other favorite employee, Tre Giudice got thrown in jail for much less and for standing by the claim that she didn't know what she was signing.

by Anonymousreply 511August 17, 2018 12:08 AM

Omarosa is playing it really smart right now. She isn't saying how much she has, what she has, what she might have. They literally don't know what she recorded. They have to walk very carefully with her. And I LOVE it. The tables were turned and by one of his own, vile reality star colleagues.

I bet she has a lot and we may never know the extent she has. She will hang on to some stuff for insurance.

by Anonymousreply 512August 17, 2018 12:14 AM

Although I love the idea of Omarosa making Dotard lose his shit.. I always keep in mind who Omarosa is and that at any moment she could flip again or whatever if she's made the right offer.

by Anonymousreply 513August 17, 2018 12:17 AM

Make no mistake about it This John Brennan thing is serious. Trump as an asset of Putin's, and Mike Pompeo who probably is also part of the larger conspiracy, are dismantling our Intelligence operations. I'd safely bet that Homeland Security Secretary Nielsen the fucking Nazi, is also part of it.

Putin probably wants to know the internal details about our operations. He now has people in place to do that. But then you also have people in place, old guard, patriots, civil servants, and guys like Brennan and people like Clapper, etc. & others on his list, who know too much and who would speak up, are speaking up and know enough shit to expose this.

Trump is dismantling our Intel operations and he is doing this in plain sight for Putin. Putin probably pressured him to do something at their Helsinki meeting after Mueller indicted the 12 Russian agents. Putin was pissed off and Trump's comments and more importantly, his own demeanor reflected that.

At least that's my theory and I believe it to be true.

by Anonymousreply 514August 17, 2018 12:17 AM

Re the Manafort trial — The mob always practiced jury tampering. I wonder if there were any safeguards here to ensure that no one was threatened or bribed.

by Anonymousreply 515August 17, 2018 12:19 AM

I was listening to a pundit talk about the offer Lara Drumpf made Omarosa and they said something like, "It must be driving Deplorables insane that their campaign money was going to go into the pockets of a black woman."

Did I miss something? Did it come out somewhere that the money was coming out of his campaign contributions?

by Anonymousreply 516August 17, 2018 12:19 AM

r513 Oh duly noted and I would never trust her. I am just enjoying it while she is dragging his ass.

r514 That summit really did show huge strain on Dump's face. Putin has some huge, heavy shit on him. I would not doubt anything you said. Shit is really starting to accelerate and someone needs to stop him and them.

by Anonymousreply 517August 17, 2018 12:21 AM

I think you're correct R514

by Anonymousreply 518August 17, 2018 12:28 AM

Why would ANY legit new outlet allow Bannon a platform? I will fucking change the channel.

We know what he will say. We don't need to hear anything "new" from that creature.

One thing Dump did that is smart- he knows the media is not really all that popular with either side. I fucking hate the media for this very shit they are doing by putting on people like Bannon to say the same ol shit he always says or Kelly Anne Conwoman. Look what the so called leftist MSNBC did to Hillary and for Dump!

by Anonymousreply 519August 17, 2018 12:33 AM

r516, yes Lara said the money would come from small donors. From the tape she said this:

[quote]“And that all the money that we raise and that pays salaries is directly from donors, small-dollar donors for the most part.”

by Anonymousreply 520August 17, 2018 12:36 AM

Thanks, R520... so shouldn't the Feds be looking at that? Isn't that campaign finance fraud?

by Anonymousreply 521August 17, 2018 12:39 AM

He thinks he can buy off anyone.

Omarosa is vile and a snake but a smart, vile snake.

No telling the tea she could spill on all of them.

by Anonymousreply 522August 17, 2018 12:48 AM

So if they make a huge offer for Omarosa to stop releasing the tapes and hush up, coukd they then turn around and have her arrested for extortion?

by Anonymousreply 523August 17, 2018 12:50 AM

Trump's big parade canceled! Or shall we say they are putting it off till 2019! Wow. People were pissed when they heard $92 million.

I can visualize his pout tonight!

by Anonymousreply 524August 17, 2018 12:53 AM

[quote]Trump's big parade canceled! Or shall we say they are putting it off till 2019!

Want to bet it doesn't happen, pending the outcome of the election?

Or even if things turn out well. Remember the Fake News Awards?

by Anonymousreply 525August 17, 2018 12:55 AM

R521, yes it is a campaign finance violation and it will be investigated.

by Anonymousreply 526August 17, 2018 12:58 AM

Ari is the worst. There is so much I hate about him.

by Anonymousreply 527August 17, 2018 12:59 AM

Is it possible that they leaked the "new cost" of the parade in an effort to distract from everything else going on?

by Anonymousreply 528August 17, 2018 12:59 AM

R523 At this point, Omarosa is not going to take any offer from Trump. She's smarter than that. However, if it's a third party, then I doubt her moral compass would object if the price is right and she can concoct a story as a way out. Who am I kidding, of course, she can. She's Omarosa.

by Anonymousreply 529August 17, 2018 1:01 AM

I wonder if the parade was cancelled as retaliation for the shit Trump is pulling on the intelligence community.

by Anonymousreply 530August 17, 2018 1:02 AM

Thank you to the posters who mentioned Manafort’s trial is not all or nothing. Hearing those questions from the jury really pissed me off. Like, What are they fucking THINKING? That he should be acquitted?!? But I guess it could just be about one or two of the charges.

Rachel is talking about it right now on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 531August 17, 2018 1:04 AM

Can't the Pentagon have a parade of babies in their roller walkers and toddlers on their push bikes all sporting US flags in a 50' x 50' cordoned off area of a street for twenty minutes? Win-win!

by Anonymousreply 532August 17, 2018 1:05 AM

Senators Graham, Hatch, Kennedy (LA), and Lunsford, were before cameras supporting Trump revoking Brennan's security clearance. Kennedy was particularly nasty while Miss Lindsey was her usual, sashaying self.

If the Dems take the House, that Senate is still going to be a problem unless the Dems win all highly contested Senate races.

by Anonymousreply 533August 17, 2018 1:06 AM

r533 it is possible they can. Or they may lose 1 or 2 and pick up 3.

by Anonymousreply 534August 17, 2018 1:08 AM

Does Mueller have anything on Mike Pence besides his knowing about Mike Flynn ? Pence hasn't been interviewed, has he?

by Anonymousreply 535August 17, 2018 1:09 AM

What did the evangelicals do when he was on tape using the Lord's name in vain? I bet they went nuts as it would have been if Obama or Hillary were caught saying it. How did I miss their reaction? I've been busy at work so if any could fill me in on their reaction. I'm sure they read him good for it.

by Anonymousreply 536August 17, 2018 1:11 AM

James Lankford, not Lunsford

by Anonymousreply 537August 17, 2018 1:12 AM

R536 why is it a problem? They look think Drumpf IS the Lord. No problem speaking about himself anyway He chooses!

by Anonymousreply 538August 17, 2018 1:14 AM

R536 In a cult, nothing the leader does is wrong. Got it?

by Anonymousreply 539August 17, 2018 1:17 AM

"I do declare. Us Chisttshins care about things that matta in this here world than salty language as unseemly as it can be. Like discussing with my gentleman calla, err, best friend which cuntry our great nation will invade next. Right after our Mint Julep's and gossip."

by Anonymousreply 540August 17, 2018 1:19 AM

Bet there is still a mole in the WH. Somebody very good at lies and denials yet is overtly a big defender of Trump.

Ole Kellie Ann? Maybe Rebekah Mercer wouldn't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 541August 17, 2018 1:21 AM

WHAT The Fuck?! Rachel says Trump might be trying to take away Mueller’s and his team’s security clearances?!

That would be as bad as firing Rosenstein. This needs to conclude. The shit needs to hit the fan. Trump cannot get away with this.

by Anonymousreply 542August 17, 2018 1:22 AM

R542 if he does that how is that anything BUT Obstruction of Jusice?

by Anonymousreply 543August 17, 2018 1:33 AM

*Justice, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 544August 17, 2018 1:33 AM

R543 But you know this Congress will do nothing about it, so he will act like a tyrant. That's why a Dem Congress is so needed to rein this fool in.

by Anonymousreply 545August 17, 2018 1:36 AM

r535....Pence was brought onto the campaign by Manafort....Manafort picked him.....and as a side note, Pence was the very first person to lawyer up.....that speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 546August 17, 2018 1:37 AM

R542 can you give more info on what she said?

by Anonymousreply 547August 17, 2018 1:38 AM

something is unbelievably rotten in the state of DC-seriously. Trump is getting away with so much shit and its not about his base. The deplorables/his base of supporters is a smoke screen. There just aren't that many. Sure, they are loony tunes but there is something more sinister. Why are the Democrats or "DEMS" which is perfectly acceptable, raising holy hell. This shit is blatantly obstruction of justice and collusion/conspiracy. What he said to the two Russians in the Oval Office about firing Comey-is enough to base a strong case on. Our government, our democracy is a joke. And yeah, at this point, I believe Trump can and will get away with anything. Pompeo, Mattis, Bolton, they have all drank the Kool Aid or were true believers to begin with so there's that. Worse than Watergate-Hell yes! way worse!! I pray we all start marching on the WH the Pentagon the CIA the FBI et al tomorrow. I feel sick! And don't call me a concern troll or anything like that. I'm fucking sick of this shit but I feel like I don't know how to make a difference. I call my congress man and senators, I write letters to CNN and MSNBC. I donate. Didn't vote primaries since I'm a registered Independent. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 548August 17, 2018 1:39 AM

R547, Sen Mark Warner was the first person to bring it up. He said, earlier today, “Where does this end? Is he going to strip the Special Counsel’s security clearance too?” and then she ran with that.

I don’t know exactly how badly that would hamstring — would it cause the investigation to close?

It just seems ridiculous that he could in any complete way shut down the investigation. Mueller and his team are prepared for any eventuality. I think they’re prepared to “go nuclear” if Trump shuts it down. Hand over everything to the states (NY, VA, etc.), release a report earlier than they’d like, etc.

Does anyone have any further insight into what could happen if they got shut down? Rick Wilson said Mueller already knows EVERYTHING from signals intercepts—he knows about all the collusion and transfer of money etc etc — but doesn’t want to expose sources and methods so is investigating it using other means and from every possible angle.

by Anonymousreply 549August 17, 2018 1:43 AM

Remember when Pence had his emails sealed? Girl is hiding something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 17, 2018 1:45 AM

R550 I have a feeling his emails would be quite similar to the Senatrice's.

I wonder if they were to one another?

by Anonymousreply 551August 17, 2018 1:46 AM

Here is a news flash- there is no Constitutional right to a Federal Security Clearance. No one is threatening Brennan's free speech. On the contrary, he won't STFU, but no one has arrested him.

by Anonymousreply 552August 17, 2018 1:52 AM

Them two old biddies couldn't do nothing but bump pussies and giggle.

by Anonymousreply 553August 17, 2018 1:55 AM

r552....thats not the point...the point is that Trump is using it as a tool to discredit any witnesses that can be potential witnesses in any court cases that should arise.

by Anonymousreply 554August 17, 2018 1:57 AM

Exactly r554, and that could rise to Obstruction of Justice.

by Anonymousreply 555August 17, 2018 1:59 AM

R552 There is no precedence for revoking security clearance for speaking out about the state of the nation, either. It is a direct political punishment for speaking out, so it is an infringement on Freedom of Speech.

by Anonymousreply 556August 17, 2018 1:59 AM

Yeah, R555... but who is going to do anything about it?

by Anonymousreply 557August 17, 2018 2:02 AM

Someone mentioned upthread that Drumpf feels like he can just buy anyone off.

Well, of course he does. He's done it his entire life and has always gotten away with it.

by Anonymousreply 558August 17, 2018 2:02 AM

Well, a Democratic House Of Representatives, for starters.

by Anonymousreply 559August 17, 2018 2:03 AM

Butthurt oligarch orders Trump to quash American "Russophobia"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560August 17, 2018 2:08 AM

Fuck those butthurt ruskies!

by Anonymousreply 561August 17, 2018 2:11 AM

I like this @StuartPStevens guy on Lawrence now. Another sassy Republican strategist. Really appreciated what he had to say about the Brennan bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 562August 17, 2018 2:17 AM

Which is what, R562?

by Anonymousreply 563August 17, 2018 2:19 AM

I like Sheppard Smith. He contradicts what's said on Fox the night before as well as content from Fox & Friends. One can sense he detests Hannity and Trump and others, though he holds a lot back. Deplorables hate him and have long complained to Fox to remove him. However, he has a solid following, particularly with women viewers at home. He makes the network money and they keep him as long as he does. Also, there are viewers that will watch him and no one else on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 564August 17, 2018 2:21 AM

Turn on MSNBC now! Craig Unger is discussing his new book! How Trump was cultivated by Russians for over 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 565August 17, 2018 2:23 AM

For R564.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566August 17, 2018 2:23 AM

Craig Unger is awesome on Lawrence O"Donnell. His book on the "House of Putin" would be very interesting reading.

by Anonymousreply 567August 17, 2018 2:26 AM

Worried about how the judge has influenced the jury. He made the prosecution seem less trustworthy. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 568August 17, 2018 2:36 AM

Are the ratings for Shepherd Smith's news show as good as those of the various commentary shows?

It's nice that he refutes the lies but it never happens in a split screen outside of a youtube creation.

by Anonymousreply 569August 17, 2018 2:39 AM

I really am surprised that Fox News has kept Shep around.

by Anonymousreply 570August 17, 2018 2:42 AM

Worried there's a Ruth Jordan type in the jury. Evil bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 17, 2018 2:45 AM

*on the jury

by Anonymousreply 572August 17, 2018 2:46 AM

I wonder what would happen if the intelligence community just threw its hands up and released *everything* all at once. Dossiers on Trump, Pence, every compromised Senator and Representative from both parties, national and state. Would that be in our best interests or Putin's?

by Anonymousreply 573August 17, 2018 2:50 AM

R573 I'm sure it would just be FAKE NEWS!!!

by Anonymousreply 574August 17, 2018 2:51 AM

I already hate that jury.

by Anonymousreply 575August 17, 2018 2:54 AM

R570, he's their claim to legitimate news.

by Anonymousreply 576August 17, 2018 2:55 AM

Shep Smith probably has some receipts he could spill ala Omarosa. Better keep that Queen happy.

by Anonymousreply 577August 17, 2018 2:56 AM

Yuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 17, 2018 2:57 AM

I really like the art by the court artist in the Manfort trial. His name is Art, I noticed during the Maddow Hour.

by Anonymousreply 579August 17, 2018 3:00 AM

NYT reporting Omarosa might have as many as 200 recordings.

by Anonymousreply 580August 17, 2018 3:03 AM

I wonder how much time she has to spend editing out whatever hateful thing she said on them as well.

by Anonymousreply 581August 17, 2018 3:07 AM

I guess it is a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", because I hate Omarosa, but I am thrilled she has tapes and is a media manipulator.

by Anonymousreply 582August 17, 2018 3:11 AM

Look. Something stinks about all of this. Normally, after a lot of bluster and bullshit, Trump would negotiate a deal declare victory, and walk away. He'd settle. But this guy is fighting. He is pulling out all the stops, trying to figure out which maneuver to try next. He is being goaded into fighting by people who have a stake in him remaining in power,of course, but this is something else. Too many people are acting like he is immune, he is not going to be prosecuted or held to account. These people ar e acting as if there are no consequences. That worries me.

by Anonymousreply 583August 17, 2018 3:13 AM

Meanwhile Roma and her husband, good Christians that they are, are sitting on a mountain of tapes.

by Anonymousreply 584August 17, 2018 3:13 AM

They need to relaunch Hollywood Squares with Omarosa in the center.

Omarosa for the win, Chuck.

by Anonymousreply 585August 17, 2018 3:13 AM

Link to new thread for when this one fills up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586August 17, 2018 3:13 AM

R581, I might care if she was still working there.

by Anonymousreply 587August 17, 2018 3:14 AM

I love you r585

by Anonymousreply 588August 17, 2018 3:14 AM

What's going to be our Reichstag fire? This fall or fall 2020?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589August 17, 2018 3:15 AM

In my opinion, r583, two things are true. I think Trump is fighting because that’s his instinct. I also think Trump is fighting and it will hurt him more than if he didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 590August 17, 2018 3:16 AM

I wonder what the jury is asking? Do they find it disturbing that Mueller's team forced FBI agents to pick the lock of the front door of a 65 y/o man a 4:00 a,m., drag him out of bed at gunpoint, and frighten his wife, and ransack his house? I'm amazed that these tactics would be used against a senior citizen with no history of violence, simply over financial issues that happened over a dozen years ago. Perhaps the jury will feel the same way.

by Anonymousreply 591August 17, 2018 3:28 AM

I'm just glad there's another trial after this one. With a different judge.

by Anonymousreply 592August 17, 2018 3:30 AM

Yeah right, r591. They had a warrant signed by a judge. It was around 6:00 am. They knocked politely three (3) times and waited at least 30 seconds each time. Then they used a key to enter and execute the warrant. This "senior citizen with no history of violence" is an international criminal. Rainy in St Petersburg, I hear.

by Anonymousreply 593August 17, 2018 3:34 AM

Block R591. Notice the bad punctuation. We know what it is...

by Anonymousreply 594August 17, 2018 3:37 AM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595August 17, 2018 3:55 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 596August 17, 2018 3:56 AM

This

by Anonymousreply 597August 17, 2018 3:56 AM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 598August 17, 2018 3:56 AM

Out

by Anonymousreply 599August 17, 2018 3:56 AM

Link to new thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 17, 2018 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!