Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32)

Continued Discussion...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Link to previous thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2018 5:12 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

Treason d'être (The Mueller Investigation Part 32) (06/30/18)

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2018 5:14 AM

Love it! I like the shorter, but catchy titles.

Nice job OP.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2018 5:22 AM

Maxine Waters Responds To Death Threats:

“If you shoot at me, you’d better shoot straight.”

“I have no fear. I’m in this fight.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2018 12:31 PM

r4, Maxine Waters is FEARLESS. I love how she is NOT backing down.

Trump and deplorables, you fucked with the wrong woman.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2018 12:35 PM

This has the shortened video of Auntie Maxine saying "you better shoot straight".

Give 'em hell, Maxine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2018 12:54 PM

Maxine is great. Hopefully she will have something to say about Justice Kennedy's son/Deutsche Bank/dirty money/Trump loans/Kennedy's retirement. We need a vocal mouthpiece to bring this up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2018 3:16 PM

Maxine is on AM Joy as we speak

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2018 3:19 PM

The last 50+ posts on the previous thread (and the few starting this one) make no mention of Mueller. Have we given up on anything coming of the investigation?

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2018 3:27 PM

The last few threads are just the Concern Trolls fighting back saying they deserve to have place to sow seeds of dissent.

Also, Trolls are trying to distract and divide us with the Nancy Pelosi VS Young Guns hateful sniping going on here in the last thread.

The Trolls have taken over and you all let them.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2018 3:30 PM

r9....no, some Pelosi hating wannabe sjw trolls took over.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2018 3:31 PM

Miss Lindsey's comments at post #596 on the last thread points to a very critical concern.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2018 3:34 PM

R9, you sound very concerned.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2018 3:39 PM

I would speculate that the reason that we haven't been mentioning Mueller much is that there has been almost no breaking news on the Russian collusion investigation front. The most that happened at the end of last week was the further attempt by Gowdy and others to shut down the investigation by trying to strong-arm Rod Rosenstein -- which isn't going to work.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2018 3:54 PM

Maybe some of you should read Rolling Stones article about Is" Nancy Pelosi a secret Republican?" Come on, as the article states, Nancy is great at raising money and dealing with corporations on the Democratic side but she caves and caters to the Republicans. There is no fight in that lady. She's too wealthy and comfortable to know how to climb down in the street and fling the shit right back. And the way she turned on a member of her own party-she showed so much deference to the Alpha dogs in the Republican party-she proved herself worthless. Sure, raising money is important but come on. This is NOT the time for civility and laying down like a whipped pup. We need a hero. A smart street fighter and that ain't anybody in the Democratic party right now. I can't think of a single person. And Chuck Schumer is a wimp. No harassment, he says. Wow! Stupid fucker doesn't fight for anything. We are in such a mess. A crisis is here. And fuck CNN. MSNBC is the only news channel I've seen report anything on Kennedy and his son and Deutsche Bank and the deep Trump/Kennedy connections between the two families.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2018 4:00 PM

Hi R13. The Mueller investigation is our best hope for getting Trump out of office, IMO, and it’s gone quiet. So yes, I’m a little concerned, and I’m also of the opinion that you’re a fuckface for implying that any “concern” about that investigation is illegitimate. I know that you need this coping mechanism to get by, and denial can be a very difficult thing to admit, but try growing up a little bit. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2018 4:02 PM

I thought this was the Mueller thread. Why are Nancy Pelosi Trolls and Concern Trolls like R15 and R16 trying to constantly derail it?

Why don't they go start their own "DEATH TO NANCY PELOSI!" threads?

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2018 4:05 PM

Didn't Senator Mark Warner give a little bit of a hint as to what is coming when Mueller finishes his investigation something on the lines of what has been reported so far pales in comparison to what shit will hit the fan when this report comes out

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2018 4:11 PM

You have poor reading comprehension, R17. I asked why no one is discussing Mueller in these threads recently and asked if it’s because we’ve lost hope in the investigation. Then I got accused of being a concern troll, and now you’re saying that I’m discussing Nancy Pelosi, when I was trying to get thevthread back on track.

Has this series of Mueller threads always atrracted lower IQ posters? Or are you so unhinged by the political climate that you’re incapable of clear thought? Get it together.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2018 4:11 PM

Fuck off, Concern Troll!

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2018 4:13 PM

R20, I know you’re incapable of discussion and are very scared. That doesn’t mean that other people shouldn’t discuss the issue. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2018 4:16 PM

[Quote] WaPo confirms NBC News reporting: North Korea is working to conceal key aspects of its nuclear program and does not intend to fully surrender its stockpile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2018 4:18 PM

Wow! Those two Trolls just CLEARED their cookies!!!! Shocker!

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2018 4:34 PM

Wasn’t Trump’s then-13 year old rape victim about to make a #MeToo style re-emergence when she disappeared again somewhat recently? I absolutely believe that he violently raped her in a tag team with Jeffrey Epstein.

The Mark Warner hint makes me thing that there are truly heinous and venal bombshells that will come out of this.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2018 4:40 PM

Yesterday a friend was telling me about a BBC documentary, I forget the title. I believe it is divided into two or three parts, so each part might have its own title. Have any of you seen it?

Apparently that guy with the Greek name, aka coffee boy, sang like a canary. I believe his wife was interviewed and she said we won't believe what will be revealed.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2018 4:41 PM

R25, She changed her tune. Now she says he's innocent but in January, she was stating what you said:

[Quote] Her tone represents a shift since January, when she told The Washington Post that Papadopoulos would be remembered like John Dean, the former White House counsel who pleaded guilty to his role in the Watergate coverup and then became a key witness against other aides to President Richard M. Nixon. “There’s a lot to come,” she said then. “He was the first one to break a hole on all of this.”

She changed her tune in early June when Trump was acting like Oprah handing out pardons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2018 4:53 PM

I would expect Trump will say it's fine for Putin to invade Estonia as payback for the US ambassador there resigning in protest at Trump's foreign policy.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2018 5:03 PM

Simona Mangiante is all over the map when it comes to the investigation so who knows what the truth is. She claims George contacted her when she was working with Joseph Mifsud, the professor who was working with Russia. She also claims she had no idea Mifsud was connected to Russia. First George was a hero who was going to save America, now he's innocent and was set up.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this chick turns out to be George's handler.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2018 5:12 PM

[quote] and asked if it’s because we’ve lost hope in the investigation.

Well, I haven't lost hope, R9 / R16. I'm the one from the earliest thread who actually knows Mueller and Rosenstein professionally (though I haven't spoken to either of them since shortly before the election in 2016), and they both thus far have handled this investigation precisely as I would have expected: with the utmost care and concern for following the rules, not leaking, and doing "the right thing" (as Janet Reno was fond of saying).

Mueller is a meticulous lawyer. Here's one example. He was the homicide prosecutor in the late 1990s who was assigned to handle the case of Aundrey Burno, a murderer who also shot and permanently injured a DC cop (Burno was the subject of a 1998 HBO documentary, "Thug Life in DC). Mueller handled the case pre-trial through the motions hearings but then stopped before the trial because Clinton had appointed him to become US Attorney in San Francisco.

I read the transcripts from that multi-day motions hearing in Burno's murder case; the defense had filed a lot of complicated motions in the hope of excluding much of the government's incriminating evidence. Mueller's handling of the hearing was flawless. It was a textbook example of how to get ready for a trial -- except this was preliminary to the trial when some lawyers are a bit more casual about how they prepare. He recognized the importance of being the most prepared person in that courtroom. Result: the defense motions were denied, Burno was eventually convicted (in large part because of the evidence that came in thanks to the motions hearing), and the conviction was affirmed on appeal. Burno is now serving a 70-year term in prison. If you were to read those transcripts you would see that the way he dissected the case was truly outstanding. I suspect he is doing the same thing -- but on a larger scale -- in the Russia investigation (and with the help of a lot of brilliant lawyers).

I have complete trust in Bob Mueller whose judgment and integrity -- to me at least -- are unassailable.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2018 5:14 PM

Thank you R29!!!! You have given me a glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2018 5:18 PM

Cookie clearer.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2018 5:19 PM

WTF! Things from Mueller have been discussed. Its just that right now there isn't anything happening (or that we know about) except Flynn maybe cooperating even more and his sentencing being delayed for third time. Manaforts latest court filings unsuccessful' He's not getting out of jail and maybe the trial will be moved if no jurors who aren't already aware of the case can be found. And we saw the congressional comm. (Repubs) beat the hell out of Rosenstein.

Fuck that's it. Until something happens to discuss, let us discuss subject matter around Mueller. How about Hope Hicks, as reported by Vanity Fair, being considered to replace John Kelly as C.O.S. and apparently she's open to returning to the WH. Does Hope have a brain or , as GG might say, is she one chromosome short of being a potato?

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2018 5:54 PM

Thank you R29. Even a small bit of hope is better than none at all. I keep reminding myself how popular Nixon was, even to the point of a landslide re-election, before it all came crashing down. I think it's more important for Mueller to keep a tight lid on what he's doing rather than letting info get leaked out, which would play right into Trump's tiny hands and give him fuel to his fire.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2018 6:02 PM

R32, no one wants to read your divisive anti-Pelosi rants in this thread. You fucked up the last one.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2018 6:12 PM

R34 and R33, it’s hardly a “small” bit of hope. You should feel reassured by R29.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2018 6:35 PM

Yes, Thanks R29!!

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Thank you for addressing my “concern,” R29. Things seem to be going Trump’s way right now, and the Supreme Court shift is truly scary. I want to believe.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2018 6:51 PM

CONCERN!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2018 6:56 PM

as many other people stated before, it always gets worse before it gets better.

Frankly, I thought Rosenstein made Jordan look like the idiot he is and didn't give an inch to zippy the pinhead.

Instead of hand wringing, why don't you sign up for postcards to voters? Or register people to vote? Or join one of the parades on the fourth for a candidate you support?

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2018 8:52 PM

R39 All the GOP congressman willing to do Trump's bidding are such clowns. Where do they find these idiots? They are the worst type of empty suits... dumb and incompetent posers. They string a few buzz words together and they act like they have the gotcha on Rosenstein?

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2018 9:40 PM

Wasn’t it posted that Russian media was claiming responsibility for trumps election?

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2018 9:40 PM

r40....the vast majority of the nutjobs in the GOP are members of the Tea Party.

r41....yes, and theyve made that claim multiple times as well as comments like "we own Trump"

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2018 9:43 PM

Interesting list of Tea Party members currently in Congress......it features the likes of McConnell, Paul, Cruz, Gohmert, etc......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2018 9:49 PM

Why didn’t Manafort want to attend his hearing? Does he feel safer in jail?

On another note marched yesterday through two Republican majority municipalities and the response was overwhelmingly supportive from motorists and people on the street. Baby jails really do upset most people even Republicans- or at least Northeastern Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2018 10:28 PM

Another Russian to make our Russian Trolls feel more welcome:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2018 11:08 PM

I kiss you r44. Keep fighting the good fight.

by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2018 11:11 PM

Yeah R44. Have you checked out the lovely responses form our dear Datalounge colleagues in this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2018 11:24 PM

"From"^

by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2018 11:26 PM

Trump is TREASON!!!!

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2018 11:56 PM

Ya think?

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2018 12:36 AM

R47, I put eight posters on Ignore in that thread.

We really have some revolting Ass-Fraggles loitering about lately.

“We shall be judged by how we treat the least among us.”

by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2018 1:03 AM

I have never been more ashamed of my country, as I am right now.

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2018 1:07 AM

R51, I left that thread just shaking my head. I think most of the decent people left that thread. It's now just a butt-load of deplorables arguing amongst themselves, spewing hate.

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2018 1:09 AM

Ugh. I just read through that thread. Despicable deplorables. I happily attended the rally in DC yesterday, and will gladly join any march against the Orange Monster.

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2018 1:25 AM

Wow thanks R47! As the big sister to a number of siblings removed from their parents via growing up in a foster family I know just how traumatic it is for kids to be removed from even the worst parents and how those same worst parents still have due process rights. Those are some nasty trolls on that thread. I can only hope they are Russians.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2018 6:38 AM

They’re Russian trolls and Stormfront, Elder Lez. I blocked nine of them.

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2018 6:48 AM

I saw your post on that thread, Elder Lez. You're a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2018 8:52 AM

[In Cohen's] first in-depth interview since the FBI raided his office and homes in April, Cohen strongly signaled his willingness to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller and federal prosecutors in the Southern District of New York--even if that puts President Trump in jeopardy.

“My wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will,” Cohen told me. “I put family and country first.”

When I asked Cohen directly what he would do if prosecutors forced him to choose between protecting the president and protecting his family, he said his family is “my first priority.”

But when I pointed out to Cohen that he wasn’t repeating past vows to “take a bullet” and “do anything” to protect the president, the longtime Trump loyalist left little doubt about where he stands now, saying simply: “To be crystal clear, my wife, my daughter and my son, and this country have my first loyalty.”

[MORE AT LINK]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2018 11:57 AM

Very interesting! What went into the timing and the content behind the scenes I wonder.

And why was the interview not in the studio?

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2018 12:10 PM

God George S is such a tight little old hottie.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2018 12:13 PM

I know this sounds terribly snarky, but I can't help but think that “my wife, my daughter and my son have my first loyalty and always will" actually means "the investigators showed me the case they have against me and I'm absolutely and completely fucked; I really have no choice but to cooperate."

I've never gotten the sense that there is anything noble about Michael Cohen, nor have I seen anything to indicate that he is anything other than the biggest of Trump sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2018 12:20 PM

r32, the Republican congressmen did not "beat the hell out of" Rosenstein. It was quite the opposite. Rosenstein made Jordan look like a goddamn fool. Gowdy and the others also looked foolish.

Rosenstein handled himself extremely well against those rabid GOP clowns.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Rosenstein has balls in a city full of dicks.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2018 12:35 PM

Poor schmuck Cohen claims he's not a "villain." Just play the tapes of his screaming obscene threats to journalists to easily disprove that.

He always used to brag he would take a bullet for Trump. Always a big bullshitter, like his boss.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2018 1:37 PM

I never thought Robert Mueller needed (or wanted) Cohen’s cooperation, and I still don’t.

And R64, yes,this.

People that talk & act like this, douchey tough guy bullies, are always the first to reveal themselves to be cravenly, crybaby, cowards, when confronted by a real Alpha.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2018 4:09 PM

.....my family and my country come first.....

Which country is that Michael ?, By playing Trumps bagman for Russia, you proved your loyalty.....and its not the United States. And what family are you loyal to ?......your wife and kids or your crime family ?

NEVER TAKE ANYTHING ANYONE INVOLVED IN THIS SAYS AT FACE VALUE.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2018 4:11 PM

You can call me a concern troll if you want, but I’m very scared. We haven’t heard anything in a long time and if Mueller had the evidence, why wouldn’t he just arrest Trump already? It’s very worrying to me.

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2018 4:23 PM

Does he say WHICH family and WHICH country, r66?

by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2018 4:25 PM

R67 - he's just getting his ducks in a row. Deep breathes baby, deep breathes.

by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2018 4:26 PM

Compoz yourself, r67.......

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2018 4:31 PM

Interestingly, I already have R67 blocked.

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2018 4:35 PM

I saw this Twitter thread today and propose that the scared, anxious and paralyzed give it a full read. I hope it either comforts them or fortifies them to take action.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2018 4:37 PM

Cohen is totally trying to get Trump's attention and willingness to help his former henchman.

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2018 4:38 PM

r67 As we keep telling you, there is almost zero chance Mueller arrests a sitting President. The way to remove a President is impeachment, the 25th or resignation. That doesn't mean Trump wins, it means Mueller will most likely send a report to the DOJ and they decide whether it goes to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 74July 2, 2018 4:47 PM

It must be pointed out that Trump can’t pardon Cohen on state charges.

by Anonymousreply 75July 2, 2018 5:04 PM

The joint defense agreement between President Trump and his former attorney Michael Cohen will come to an end over the next few days, according to ABC.

The joint agreement allowed Cohen's and Trump’s lawyers to share information with one another, but when Guy Petrillo becomes Cohen's new head counsel this week, this agreement will be terminated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 2, 2018 5:23 PM

r76....which signals that Cohen will be flipping soon.

by Anonymousreply 77July 2, 2018 5:38 PM

yeah, r77. I think that ABC interview was a veiled threat. "the agreement is ending. Pardon me or I will spill my quivering guys to the big, bad Bob "

That sniveling blowhard is so fucked. But at least he has enough sense to realize it.

by Anonymousreply 78July 2, 2018 5:42 PM

A little more on Cohen's files.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 2, 2018 5:48 PM

[quote]It must be pointed out that Trump can’t pardon Cohen on state charges.

"Among the first cases the Court agreed to hear the day after Kennedy announced his retirement will decide whether a Trump pardon from federal prosecution will shield someone from state prosecution even if that state retains its dual sovereignty loophole"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 2, 2018 6:03 PM

R80, ?

by Anonymousreply 81July 2, 2018 7:56 PM

This is about the case R80 was referring to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 2, 2018 8:10 PM

r81....they agreed to take up a Double Jeopardy case.

by Anonymousreply 83July 2, 2018 8:10 PM

There is no reason to think that a silent Mueller is anything less than a deadly Mueller. The current info is that he HAS all the NRA dark money donors from RUSSIA.

Not so quiet.

by Anonymousreply 84July 2, 2018 8:49 PM

It will be HILARIOUS to see a Trump court squash STATES' RIGHTS!

by Anonymousreply 85July 2, 2018 8:50 PM

That will be 'blue' state rights, the ones they trumpet are only for them.

by Anonymousreply 86July 2, 2018 8:52 PM

So, R84, you're saying that Mueller is silent... but deadly...?

Like Bernstein...?

by Anonymousreply 87July 2, 2018 8:54 PM

they can't have it both ways. If there aren't states' rights, they can't kick roe v wade back to the states.

So which is it? They can't pick and choose.

by Anonymousreply 88July 2, 2018 8:57 PM

But that's just what the Miz Lindsays of the world want to do, R88! Cherry picking is so southern, don't you know?

by Anonymousreply 89July 2, 2018 8:59 PM

SURPRISE......new documents show Manafort was an actual Russian pawn......Im SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you.

by Anonymousreply 90July 2, 2018 9:00 PM

Back channel to Russia requested by Kushner is all I ever needed to know they were guilty. Any links to that R90?

by Anonymousreply 91July 2, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote]So which is it? They can't pick and choose.

Wanna bet?

by Anonymousreply 92July 2, 2018 9:14 PM

r91.....yes....give me sec to find an early one......

by Anonymousreply 93July 2, 2018 9:40 PM

Still looking r91....but I found this interesting one (unrelated) about theories of the case from LAST March (2017).......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 2, 2018 9:44 PM

r91....here is an article from last year about Kushner seeking a backchannel and it was proven through intercepts of Kislyaks calls to Moscow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 2, 2018 9:49 PM

Question

With all the news crews & paparazzi how has Mueller managed to stay completely out of sight?

I would think they'd try & snap a photo or film him as he goes to FBI headquarters or the DOJ. I have to give him props for managing to be literally MIA while this is going on.

by Anonymousreply 96July 2, 2018 9:56 PM

I imagine Mueller going to work every day through some sort of secret tunnel into something resembling the Bat Cave, but more badass.

by Anonymousreply 97July 2, 2018 10:11 PM

I hope he has some sort of security detail. Scary thought. Maybe the reason he’s been silent is that he was the victim of some sort of accident or kidnapping. I’m sure his family is being guarded too.

by Anonymousreply 98July 2, 2018 10:16 PM

I agree that not hearing anything from The Special Prosecutor’s Investigation is a good sign.

I’d be very interested to know how Robert Mueller has kept his operation completely leak free.

The best people, with the highest qualifications & expertise in their practices have been recruited for this job.

The people Mueller has handpicked to work with him did not take time away from (often) hugely lucrative private practice to be part of an obstruction of justice case against Trump.

They did it for the good of our country & to be a part of history.

I hope when real Americans are in charge again, we assassinate Vladimir Putin. Clandestinely or not.

He needs to be dealt with. NATO could always charge him with crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 99July 2, 2018 10:16 PM

Fuck off r15

Just. Fuck. Off.

Assholes like you are why Hillary is not president & kids were caged.

by Anonymousreply 100July 2, 2018 10:18 PM

Let’s be clear:

There is no prohibition against indicting a sitting President. It’s a courtesy that we haven’t done it before, but we’ve never had such a criminal/traitor/liar/etc., as President, as we do with Trump. I know it’s disruptive, but every arrest is disruptive.

In addition, there is no prohibition against revealing the results of an investigation of a President, in the months before the midterms. In fact, if Trump colluded with Russia, and the report is substantially ready, it would be Mueller’s responsibly to release the report before the midterms [italic] and [/italic] before this new Justice is seated.

by Anonymousreply 101July 2, 2018 10:44 PM

Mueller has a security detail. Ordinarily, security is provided by the US Marshals for federal prosecutors. However, the FBI provides security for the AG, the DAG (Rosenstein), and the Director of the FBI. Considering Mueller's position, and the fact that he is the former Director of the FBI, I'm sure the Bureau is providing him with a security detail.

Also, his office is not in the Main Justice building on Pennsylvania Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 102July 2, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote] R75: It must be pointed out that Trump can’t pardon Cohen on state charges.

There is a case in the courts right now challenging this as double jeopardy. I don’t know how this applies as I saw this on Law & Order 20 years ago. Meaning, it’s nothing new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 2, 2018 10:59 PM

Today, Trump says:

“There’s no collusion with me, there’s no Russia with me. There’s no nothing. Honestly, it’s a disgrace.”

He has a twenty word vocabulary. I’m sure he will be honored to meet Putin, later.

by Anonymousreply 104July 2, 2018 11:04 PM

Is he aware a double negative makes it an affirmative, r104?

by Anonymousreply 105July 2, 2018 11:15 PM

"Honestly"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2018 11:20 PM

Watch, when Trump meets with Putin, he'll announce the recognition of Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Is this is part of what Putin wants in the collusion deal?

by Anonymousreply 107July 3, 2018 12:39 AM

It wasn’t just Republicans.

When Paul Manafort needed a powerful D.C. law firm to bless an alarming act by his clients in Kiev’s pro-Kremlin regime in Kiev, Donald Trump’s future campaign chairman turned to attorneys with significant ties to Barack Obama’s administration.

In exchange, a team led by Obama’s former White House counsel Greg Craig at the firm of Skadden Arps produced a report that whitewashed the pro-Putin government of Viktor Yanukovych for jailing Yanukovych’s anti-Kremlin predecessor. Manafort consulted for Yanukovych’s Party of Regions. And they did it all for roughly $13,000—a conspicuously small amount for top lawyers at a prestigious law firm. (Prosecutors in Ukraine have reportedly alleged a million dollars more in secret payments.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 3, 2018 12:48 AM

R108 That's called lobbying or more likely, influence peddling, which is as dirty as you would expect. It's money politics more than party affiliation. If Manafort had stayed away from election politics, all his shady dealings might have gone unnoticed. But getting involved with Trump and his swamp got him into trouble fast.

by Anonymousreply 109July 3, 2018 1:02 AM

Adding to my post it needs to be added that Obama’s former White House counsel Greg Craig was ousted in 2010.

You are right R109, the seediness, the dirt is everywhere. Lobbying firms just work for who pays them the most amount of money without any regards for ethics, what effect it has on America or Western alliances.

It's like a cancer in Washington.

by Anonymousreply 110July 3, 2018 1:10 AM

I have 2 questions that are probably stupid but they gnaw at me.

I keep hearing on TV that Trump hasn't decided if he'll agree to meet with Mueller instead he wants written questions. WTF?

#1 On what planet can someone refuse a subpoena much less one of this magnitude?

#2 On what planet can you ask for written questions instead? Your lawyers could just fill them out in whatever way minimizes your guilt.

by Anonymousreply 111July 3, 2018 1:15 AM

Sorry for not being up to speed, but isn’t it game over if Cohen tells Mueller everything?

by Anonymousreply 112July 3, 2018 1:21 AM

R112: Cohen - probably... Cohen AND Manafort - definitely!

by Anonymousreply 113July 3, 2018 1:24 AM

R111, those are real questions. Trump's current position, as set out in a letter to Mueller by his attorneys, is that, as President, he can't be compelled by subpoena to testify in a criminal matter. It's just beneath the "dignity of the office." Other presidents (including Jefferson) have tried to get out of subpoenas (for documents or testimony), and such precedent as exists says that the President is not above the law.

Assuming that Trump can be subpoenaed in the first place, he can't demand written questions. It's just a negotiating position. Presumably he's looking for a way to worm out of taking the Fifth.

by Anonymousreply 114July 3, 2018 1:38 AM

I think Manafort will spend the rest of his life in prison rather than say anything Russian related, he's scared to death of them.

by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2018 1:39 AM

R115 - He's delusional to think that prison is a safe haven against the mob.

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2018 1:46 AM

R114 is correct. The Trump team is going to challenge every unprecedented action to the very end. And there is so much unprecedented.

I believe that the business about “the President can’t be indicted” is BS. The Constitution does not prohibit it. It has never been done before because no President has been this criminal before. Yes, it is inconvenient. Everyone who gets indicted or arrested is inconvenienced.

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2018 1:58 AM

"Rosie's" latest. She was recommended in the previous thread and after watching a number of her videos, I can see why. She can be hard to follow - she has an accent (Italian?) and she also mugs a lot, and when she's laying out and identifying her cards and what they mean, she tends to mumble or talk so fast it can be difficult to understand her. But then she closes her eyes and listens to her guides, and her insights from that are much more clear, serious, and detailed. She really knows her stuff about Trump and Mueller and the investigation.

Still I take it with a grain of salt because Rosie could just be talking to herself. But here she discusses Bolton and what she senses was his dismay (to say the least) upon realizing the implications of his meeting with Putin, both for Bolton himself and what it says about Trump. I

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2018 3:04 AM

R118: She is Brazilian and lives in New York. I watch all her videos also. I hope her readings are accurate!!

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2018 3:08 AM

The Justice Department and FBI’s probe into Cambridge Analytica is now looking at Facebook, and the SEC and FTC are getting involved.

The US Department of Justice’s investigation into Facebook’s Cambridge Analytica scandal is now looking at Facebook itself, not just the defunct data firm that gained access to its user data, according to a report from The Washington Post.

Additionally, the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission have joined the Justice Department and the FBI in the inquiry, according to the report. Among other things, the investigation is scrutinizing Facebook’s public statements related to the scandal, The Post reported.

“We are cooperating with officials in the US, UK, and beyond,” a Facebook spokesperson said in a statement to Business Insider. “We’ve provided public testimony, answered questions, and pledged to continue our assistance as their work continues.”

Facebook’s stock dropped more than 1% in after-hours trading following the news, which came after the close of regular market trading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2018 3:12 AM

[quote]I have to give him props for managing to be literally MIA while this is going on.

FFS, just because YOU don't see retweets from Buzzfeed or a Kardashian doesn't mean he's "literally" missing in action..

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2018 3:23 AM

Good. I know Mercer stepped away from CA months ago. I'm glad they are they're still digging. Thanks for posting R120

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2018 3:25 AM

For the umpteenth time, Mueller DOES NOT need to subpoena Trump. If he has enough evidence, he can opt not to interview him at all....it would be pointless. And that will through a big wrench into the works for Trump and his pr team. If he does interview Trump, it will be strictly a courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2018 3:30 AM

^^^throw^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2018 3:30 AM

I'm in agreement with a couple of others on this thread regarding Mueller, Trump and the law.

According to United States law and precedent on some of the following, presidents can be subpoena'd, presidents can be deposed, presidents can be indicted, presidents can be arrested, presidents can be tried and convicted.

Anyone who says otherwise is merely speculating. There's no law against it. The Constitution doesn't prohibit it. Every other person in the United States lives under those laws and is subject to those procedures. As Justice Gorsuch said with real conviction during his hearing, "No man is above the law. No man." I believe that he actually believes that and I didn't believe much he said that day. (Of course he'll overturn Roe given the chance - Duh.)

Mueller will do what he has to do in order to stop this criminal, illegitimate, amoral person from getting away with stealing a presidential election (along with the catalogue of other criminal acts the Orange Menace has knowingly engaged in). The fact that he's the POTUS won't spare him. He won the position using illegal means.

Robert Mueller is the toughest, smartest, strongest, ethically Untouchable United States Attorney in his generation and probably more generations. Trump is the dumbest, most criminally guilty POTUS in more than 200 years with a third-rate staff and only one attorney who isn't a fool. My money's on Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 125July 3, 2018 3:48 AM

I meant to add that Mueller has a staff that resembles the Avengers of American prosecutors.

by Anonymousreply 126July 3, 2018 3:51 AM

[quote]I’d be very interested to know how Robert Mueller has kept his operation completely leak free.

It's not hard.

by Anonymousreply 127July 3, 2018 4:04 AM

team FinCEN!

by Anonymousreply 128July 3, 2018 4:19 AM

[quote]For the umpteenth time, Mueller DOES NOT need to subpoena Trump.

From what I understood from this spring, Mueller wanted to interview Cheetolini because establishing intent is quite important in obstruction of justice charges.

Of course Mueller might just skip that and dive into the 35 metric tons of financial shenanigans.

Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 129July 3, 2018 4:47 AM

I know it is a huge investigation but our country is bleeding and Mueller needs to do SOMETHING quick.

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2018 4:59 AM

Mueller would have to talk to Trump one on one, because otherwise some Trump supporters (including in the senate and house, like Nunes) would claim that Trump was not given a fair chance to tell his side of the story (I would even go that far they will say it anway when only Trump's lawyers meet with Mueller).

And, to be honest, I would LOVE the media circus around Trump having to do the walk and meet Mueller. Because I know it's going to look humiliating for Trump to be summoned like a common school boy being summoned to the principal's office.

And yes, to me it comes down to the preference to these kinds of optics over legal, behind closed door negotiated, loop holes that give Trump a way out to retire in order to spend more time with his family. To me there really needs to made an example of Trump to discourage anyone to follow in his footsteps. Because you just know there are dozens of assholes out there thinking "Oh, I could do that, too ... only I'd be a lot smarter and not get caught!".

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2018 5:15 AM

R131

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2018 5:39 AM

Rachel spent half the show on Cohen and his documents. Seems to think that something is about to go down.

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2018 7:18 AM

[quote]Apparently that guy with the Greek name, aka coffee boy, sang like a canary. I believe his wife was interviewed and she said we won't believe what will be revealed.

She was interviewed by an Australian journo as well. There is a three part series on this on the ABC website to stream. Papadopoulos GF, who's a lawyer said he will be the John Dean of the Trump investigation.

John Dean is the one who brought Nixon down.

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2018 8:35 AM

Oh I guess I was behind. Lots of stuff happened since then.

R134

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2018 8:44 AM

It seems that Trump is busy killing our country and Mueller is busy perfecting his case, do we really have time for that? The Republicans are letting him destroy us.

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2018 10:42 AM

What has Trump Tweeted about Cohen's interview with Stephanopoulos?

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2018 11:21 AM

R137 as of last night he has been conspicuously silent. Many are interpreting that as a sign Cohen's strategy could be working...

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2018 11:25 AM

I think this may be what R90 was referring to:

Associated Press -- Internal records show that Konstantin Kilimnik, indicted for alleged witness tampering along with President Donald Trump's ex-campaign chairman Paul Manafort, played a bigger role formulating pro-Russia strategy with Manafort than previously understood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2018 11:43 AM

Which strategy, R137?

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2018 12:10 PM

R138, R139

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2018 12:11 PM

Maybe Trump realizes that his butt buddy, Kim Jung Un, has been lying to him.

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2018 12:31 PM

Putty is so excited about the rim job forthcoming from Boney Spurs.

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2018 12:35 PM

Attention double jeopardy trolls. If the federal crimes and the state crimes are different (and they are in the cases of both Manafort and Cohen) there is no double jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 144July 3, 2018 12:40 PM

FYI: Brad Parscale who helped give us Trump and is now heading up his 2020 campaign operation (read that as interfering with 2018 as priority #1) He has hired former employees of Cambridge Analytica. The Mercers ran away from CA to escape scrutiny and issued bullshit statements about their patriotism. But they have been in the thrall of Right Supremacists ever since they hired and finance Breitbart before he died, and Bannon ever since. Bannon is very busy promoting the Alt Right agenda and taking his agit-prop game abroad to Europe where he has hooked up with the Alt Right who enjoy the patronage of Putin.

On to the Supreme Court: Brett Kavanaugh, who appears to be a front runner in the nominating process, is the guy who worked for Ken Starr and wrote some of the more salacious parts of the Starr Report. He's a pig. He is pond scum. He will never support indicting a sitting President. He has written about it. While Congress and the pundits are preoccupied, speculating about abortion, Trump is looking at where the nominees stand on indicting. LOL! And that is a fact.

by Anonymousreply 145July 3, 2018 12:58 PM

Trump lickspittle Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) accused by former wrestlers he coached more than two decades ago at Ohio State University of failing to stop the team doctor from molesting them and other students.

Jordan, who was assistant wrestling coach at the university from 1986 to 1994, has repeatedly said he knew nothing of the abuse until former students began speaking out this spring. His denials, however, have been met with skepticism and anger from some former members of the wrestling team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 3, 2018 2:46 PM

Don't pick on Jim, a "gentleman" whose "calls" are determined to be receptive.

by Anonymousreply 147July 3, 2018 3:03 PM

I understand wanting Mueller to hurry up but I really want him to be completely thorough & cross all his eyes and dot all his t's.

That way when Mueller does his thing is will be a death blow

by Anonymousreply 148July 3, 2018 3:14 PM

It could hurt his credibility if his eyes are crossed

by Anonymousreply 149July 3, 2018 3:21 PM

R146, and why do you think, if he knew, that he said nothing? The pond scum sticks together. Little children in cages, molested boys - I don't really care, do u?

The Dems need to use that wonderful opportunity she gave us and throw it at them full force.

by Anonymousreply 150July 3, 2018 3:24 PM

That is pretty explosive R146. Jim Jordan is scum and a cretan. He needs to go. I hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 151July 3, 2018 3:54 PM

Don't fuck with the FBI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 3, 2018 4:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed as soon as Cohen flipping started to be a real possibility Rudy disappeared?

by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2018 4:00 PM

RUdy disappeared about ten days ago. I think he was told to STFU. Also there is an investigation going on about leaks to Rudy from FBI people in the NYC field office, etc. during the campaign, and he was on TV every five minutes insisting he "knew" Hillary was going to be indicted in....five minutes!!!!!! I hope Rudy is charged with something that allows them to disbar him and fine him. I know he would never go to jail, but yeah, a fine and the loss of his law license. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 154July 3, 2018 4:04 PM

Jim Jordan and his simian smirk are only in office because his district in Ohio is Gerrymandered as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 155July 3, 2018 4:07 PM

Eric's wife was also on Fox News a few days before the Comey letter talking about how something surprising was going to happen, and Jason Chaffetz announced he was backing Trump again two days before the letter. They all knew.

I hope this brings down Jordan. And why has the national media forgotten the lawsuit that alleges Devin Nunes' winery company used coke and underage hookers to reward their top investors? Can you imagine if that were a company owned by Pelosi or Schiff or any Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 156July 3, 2018 4:16 PM

Oooh a wrestling coach.

by Anonymousreply 157July 3, 2018 4:16 PM

Trump wants to meet with Putin without aides prior to the summit.

by Anonymousreply 158July 3, 2018 4:35 PM

Top DOJ lawyer resigns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 3, 2018 4:52 PM

R157, are you Denny Hastert?

R158, I wonder if Amazon got a spike in lube orders?

by Anonymousreply 160July 3, 2018 4:55 PM

146 should be its own thread.

by Anonymousreply 161July 3, 2018 6:25 PM

Lets be clear.....TRUMP IS NOT WALKING......this is not some bungled burglary to obtain dirt on the opposing team.....we are talking MAJOR financial crimes, Espionage and most likely TREASON. There is no way in hell that Trump gets off scott free. Its a matter of National Security. He will be made an example as a warning to future traitors. Bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 162July 3, 2018 6:47 PM

lock

him

up

by Anonymousreply 163July 3, 2018 6:58 PM

[quote]Trump wants to meet with Putin without aides prior to the summit.

Well, it would be awkward to have your performance review in front of other people.

by Anonymousreply 164July 3, 2018 7:22 PM

This means without an interpreter? Solely relying on Putin?

by Anonymousreply 165July 3, 2018 7:30 PM

And now this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 3, 2018 8:05 PM

That was good R164

by Anonymousreply 167July 3, 2018 8:05 PM

Sorry if this was posted already. I didn't see it anywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 3, 2018 8:30 PM

From r168's link:

Ex-congressional IT staffer reaches plea deal that debunks conspiracy theories about illegal information access

Federal prosecutors concluded an 18-month investigation into a former congressional technology staffer on Tuesday by publicly debunking allegations — promoted by conservative media and President Trump — suggesting he was a Pakistani operative who stole government secrets with cover from House Democrats.

As part of an agreement with prosecutors, Imran Awan pleaded guilty to a relatively minor offense unrelated to his work on Capitol Hill: making a false statement on a bank loan application. U.S. prosecutors said they would not recommend jail time.

But the agreement included an unusual passage that described the scope of the investigation and cleared Awan of a litany of conspiracy theories promulgated on Internet blogs, picked up by right-leaning news sites and fanned by Trump on Twitter.

“The Government has uncovered no evidence that your client violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems,” including stealing equipment or illegally accessing or transferring information, prosecutors wrote in an 11-page plea agreement dated and signed Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 169July 3, 2018 8:33 PM

Yes, Putin will have his translator and his whole crew and Trump will just be by himself, the world's greatest negotiator confabbing with the world's most successful KGB officer.

by Anonymousreply 170July 3, 2018 8:58 PM

Yes, the self-proclaimed world’s greatest negotiator.

by Anonymousreply 171July 3, 2018 9:14 PM

I suspect that Mueller would like Trump to testify only to gain additional charges (perjury right and left, since Trump is incapable of telling the truth). There is more than enough evidence of collusion and obstruction for Mueller to turn over to the DOJ to be sent over to the House of Representatives for impeachment proceedings to begin - not to mention all the proof of money laundering and grifting. . Perjury would seal the deal though. There's a lot of complexity to collusion and obstruction charges, and financial dealings are even murkier, but even poorly educated Americans understand the word perjury, and it would be hard for the Republican House members to explain why they wouldn't go forward with impeachment proceedings on charges of perjury.

by Anonymousreply 172July 3, 2018 9:15 PM

[quote] And why has the national media forgotten the lawsuit

Must be hard to keep up what with layoffs and flabby performance the last few years. This thread provides a well rounded update unlike no other. Great job and thank you OP. Are you only one person?

by Anonymousreply 173July 3, 2018 9:28 PM

The other women aren’t going anywhere either, and these damaging links are being investigated by Mueller and others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 3, 2018 9:29 PM

[quote] Yes, Putin will have his translator and his whole crew and Trump will just be by himself,

Really?! What's anyone saying about this? The White House? State department? Senate? House? Dems? Tweets?

by Anonymousreply 175July 3, 2018 9:30 PM

More guilty behavior. What has he got to hide? The Dems better be taking notes.

by Anonymousreply 176July 3, 2018 9:35 PM

you know, r152, I was thinking the same thing when I heard about Jordan.

He's an idiot who thought berating the FBI was a good idea to fire up his deplorables.

He just got his dumb ass handed to him and he will not only lose his job but he will be hounded for the rest of his miserable existence.

And it serves him right. Can't wait to hear he's resigned and begging on the internet for lawyer money.

by Anonymousreply 177July 3, 2018 9:36 PM

Trump wants a Supreme Court Justice who "looks the part". I can't make this shit up.

by Anonymousreply 178July 3, 2018 9:43 PM

Then tell him to nominate John Houseman

by Anonymousreply 179July 3, 2018 9:52 PM

Is Joanna Merlin available?

by Anonymousreply 180July 3, 2018 9:55 PM

"...looks the part"

He's killing me with this new show. When is it over?

by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2018 10:01 PM

Putin himself, in an interview last month, admitted he and Trump talk frequently on the phone.....take that for what its worth......and Trump meeting Putin with nobody else there is nothing new....he did the same thing last year at the summit they both attended....twice that we know of.....remember ?

by Anonymousreply 182July 3, 2018 11:39 PM

R182 yes I remember that. And now in the middle of the Russia investigation and still no outcry. Wake up media, Democratic Party!

by Anonymousreply 183July 4, 2018 2:07 AM

Putin doesn't need a translator when dealing with Trump. His English language skills are totally fine when dealing with a simpleton like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 184July 4, 2018 2:12 AM

Also, there is a Republican crew in Russia right now (Democrats were not invited to the party). They are meeting with Russian officials (Putin couldn't be bothered to meet them). Word from Russian reporters - No mention of 2016 election meddling or Crimea.

by Anonymousreply 185July 4, 2018 2:12 AM

This is how the meeting with Putin will go, no need really for an interpreter. Of course Trump will be the one on his knees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 4, 2018 2:13 AM

R176, you understand a game show host made that statement.

by Anonymousreply 187July 4, 2018 2:16 AM

There is no point of meddling with other countries when you don't let them know that it's you who's screwing with them. Total ego trip move by Putin. It's not like anyone dares to go to war with Russia with Trump as Putin's bitch.

by Anonymousreply 188July 4, 2018 2:21 AM

This whole GOP dereliction of duty is proof that one party should not have total control of the House and Senate because if the party in power is corrupt, nothing can be done to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 189July 4, 2018 2:41 AM

R172 "it would be hard for the Republican House members to explain why they wouldn't go forward with impeachment proceedings on charges of perjury"

Oh hello, apparently we've never met. Please, hold our collective beer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 4, 2018 2:46 AM

yeah, seriously, could we not with the conscience of the Republican Party. It hasn't existed for 100 years, and it sure as shit won't come alive during the Trump Personality Cult.

by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Trumpy and Putty really need to have Miss Lindzey there at their private gatherings. She's their biggest cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2018 3:03 AM

It's the art of the deal, don't you know.

by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2018 3:13 AM

According to Amy Suskind on twitter there are seven Republican Senators in Moscow right now meeting with Russian officials including Intel people. W.T.F.????

personally I think Trump is a dumb ass to think what he and Putin discuss when they're "alone" will not be recorded and documented somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote] hope Rudy is charged with something that allows them to disbar him and fine him. I know he would never go to jail

Don't be too sure.

by Anonymousreply 195July 4, 2018 3:23 AM

here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 4, 2018 3:25 AM

The best thing we can do is canvass, donate, phone bank, vote Dem. then we get investigations in congress, impeachment bills introduced, mueller protected. One thing the Republicans have done is to pack the courts with judges who have/will narrow the scope of collusion.

by Anonymousreply 197July 4, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote]This means without an interpreter? Solely relying on Putin?

He speaks Russian fine, though he's a little rusty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 4, 2018 3:36 AM

Rachel raised a very good point tonight regarding the prime minister of Taiwan and how he and his family looted the government coffers to the tune of billions of dollars. You just know Trump and his acolytes are up to the same games. We need to demand an in depth audit of every single agency and their finances when we rid ourselves of these criminals. And we cant let them off the hook if they leave office. We need to enforce asset forfeiture.

by Anonymousreply 199July 4, 2018 4:38 AM

demand from whom, r199? how exactly does this thing happen?

by Anonymousreply 200July 4, 2018 4:40 AM

Congress.....and no, it will not always be in GOP hands

by Anonymousreply 201July 4, 2018 4:41 AM

I hope so, r201, I hope everyone gets off their damn ass this November and ensures that.

by Anonymousreply 202July 4, 2018 4:42 AM

The problem is that the actual votes might not matter in the end. How do we ensure they count them? How do we ensure they aren't hacked? After all, ""It's not the people who vote that count, it's the people who count the votes." It's a Russian thing!

by Anonymousreply 203July 4, 2018 5:02 AM

I think they may not do too much to thwart the elections this November. The whole thing is about Impeachment. The court packing insures that the Supremes will have guys who will rule that you cannot indict a sitting President. And if you have just a few U.S. senators bought and paid for by Russia, there will be no Impeachment trial in the Senate. So Mueller can investigate. He can turn in a report. The report can go to the Democratic Congress. And Impeachment proceeding will take place, and Trump will remain in office. There is only one thing I can think of and that is if the report itself is too damaging to Russia, if it exposes Russians and shines a spotlight on Putin and his activiities world wide, then Putin will end it. He will get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 204July 4, 2018 8:56 AM

I actually think we may see a body count. I bet Manafort and Cohen and Manafort's former partner, Gates, who is cooperating, all have reason to worry about their personal safety whether they remain free or go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 205July 4, 2018 8:59 AM

(R199) Correct in its essence, but the corrupt prime minister who stole over 5 billion, Najib Razak, is from Malaysia, not Taiwan. And yes, I think Trump and his cronies have already exceeded him in the amount of money stolen from the US Treasury, when you count the amount of taxes they have now legally avoided by the tax "reform".

by Anonymousreply 206July 4, 2018 9:10 AM

[quote]I actually think we may see a body count.

Could be a poisoning of some minor useful idiot - or someone linked to a family member - which sends an unignorable message to the featured players. As in, do the right thing and soon, so 'no foul play' can be legally attributed. Otherwise, more poisonings.

by Anonymousreply 207July 4, 2018 11:44 AM

There were just a couple of “suspicious substance” deaths in the English town of Salisbury.

by Anonymousreply 208July 4, 2018 12:40 PM

The details of the 18 to 21 states the Ruskies hacked in the 2016 election are being suppressed by the Trump administration.

With such a focus on House races and certain Senate seats up for grabs, it suggests certain precincts in certain states will be even more targeted for 2018. Scrutiny of ballet transfers, the assimmulating of ballots, counting processes, unobserved "stuffing" opportunities, computer hackings, etc., are all concerns. Cheating is facilitated by co-ops on the ground who may be officials, election employees and designated volunteers. Some crooks are networking to build on the success of the 2016 results.

by Anonymousreply 209July 4, 2018 1:05 PM

assimilating (sp.)

by Anonymousreply 210July 4, 2018 1:12 PM

Is this real?! I can't even tell anymore...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 4, 2018 1:27 PM

Of course Trump wants to be alone with Putin, r158.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 4, 2018 1:58 PM

r211.....yes it is

by Anonymousreply 213July 4, 2018 2:03 PM

r208 The people in Amesbury are in hospital - not dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 4, 2018 2:08 PM

R211, that ought to be run on every station on every TV and it ought to be all over the internet. We know there is nothing Trump himself and Sessions would not do. We know that. Let that sink in. There is nothing they will not do, if they could do this.

But the people who work in Immigration, these judges, these "courts" the people who wok there like clerks etc. how could they do this? How could they not stand up and say "Enough!" This is despicable. There is no court of Law that can ever persuade me of the legitimacy of this bullshit. It is heartbreaking.

On NPR I heard about a woman , no one special who was so incense, she raised money all on her own to bail a mother out of detention, (most of them can't pot bail) then they hired a lawyer for her, tracked down her son, a little kid who they had shipped all the way to NYC. Anonymous strangers took turns driving her from one point to the next and in this way she was able to see her kid.

If I knew where or how to plug in to that kind of effort, dammit, I would. That's how to fight this. we help reunite families and expose this horrific lack of humanity in the process. There is real outrage out here and it is not going away.

by Anonymousreply 215July 4, 2018 2:15 PM

Forgot to say that this took the woman who raised the money and helped the asylum seeker from May until now.

by Anonymousreply 216July 4, 2018 2:17 PM

R211, it's based on transcripts of actual court cases. And the judge is an actual retired judge that did this type of work. I believe the other players are or were actual court employees as well.

by Anonymousreply 217July 4, 2018 2:19 PM

r25....and because of actions like that, they now are denying bail to immigrants. Seriously. Trump wants them separated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 4, 2018 2:28 PM

[quote]it would be hard for the Republican House members to explain why they wouldn't go forward with impeachment proceedings on charges of perjury.

It wouldn't be that hard.

Neither the Republican House members not their gerrymandered constituents care about Trump lies.

by Anonymousreply 219July 4, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote]Putin doesn't need a translator when dealing with Trump. His English language skills are totally fine when dealing with a simpleton like Trump.

There will be a negotiation, and Putin will get all those words Trump has--the best words--and Trump will get to sit in Putin and Ivanka's chair.

by Anonymousreply 220July 4, 2018 2:50 PM

There will be no negotiation. Trump will take orders from his puppetmaster, Putin. Same as it ever was.

by Anonymousreply 221July 4, 2018 3:10 PM

These are the Яepublicans in Яussia on Independence Day

Senator Richard Shelby (Я-Alabama)

Senator Steve Daines (Я-Montana)

Senator John Hoeven (Я-North Dakota)

Senator Ron Johnson (Я-Wisconsin)

Senator John Kennedy (Я-Louisiana)

Senator Jerry Moran (Я-Kansas)

Senator John Thune (Я-South Dakota)

Representative Kay Granger (Я-Texas, District 12/Fort Worth)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222July 4, 2018 3:10 PM

[quote]I bet Manafort and Cohen and Manafort's former partner, Gates, who is cooperating, all have reason to worry about their personal safety whether they remain free or go to prison.

He won't even leave the jail he's in--

"But his lawyers said earlier this week that the two hours of travel each way from the jail to the Alexandria courthouse would be excessive. The judge agreed Manafort didn't have to come to court Friday, as is his right."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 4, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]If I knew where or how to plug in to that kind of effort, dammit, I would. That's how to fight this. we help reunite families and expose this horrific lack of humanity in the process. There is real outrage out here and it is not going away.

On Saturday morning, they started a Facebook fund-raising page for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, or Raices, a nonprofit organization that provides low-cost legal defense services to immigrant and refugee families in Texas. The Willners set a modest goal of $1,500.

It has since garnered more than $20 million from more than 525,000 people, stunning the staff at Raices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224July 4, 2018 3:57 PM

[quote] R204:And Impeachment proceeding will take place, and Trump will remain in office

If the report is bad enough, the people will demand he be removed. I’m hoping Congress still responds to that.

by Anonymousreply 225July 4, 2018 4:54 PM

The news, which isn’t lying about this, reports that Trump misspelled “Independence” today in a tweet. It was corrected.

It’s not [italic] just [/italic] that he is a stupid, stupid man, it’s that he is also arrogant. He thinks he’s not just smart, but brilliant. It’s not a big deal that the average Joe can’t spell “Independence” (perhaps). It is a big deal that the President can’t. He’s functionally illiterate, and he’s the President.

by Anonymousreply 226July 4, 2018 5:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 4, 2018 5:19 PM

No puppet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 4, 2018 5:21 PM

I believe the typo mistakes are deliberate to pander to the mouth breaters we call Deplorables. Also it shows he's very "hands on" and posts his own Twitter posts instead of letting some flunky type some message that's not "on brand".

by Anonymousreply 229July 4, 2018 5:24 PM

The Reichstag fires have started

(plus statement from DL Nebaska Fave Scott Kleeb's wife, may she rot in hell for stealing that prime slab from us)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230July 4, 2018 5:27 PM

Told you so.

by Anonymousreply 231July 4, 2018 5:33 PM

maybe r229, but I think he's just semi-literate. He can string a few letters together, but mostly he doesn't know words because he doesn't read anything longer than a tweet. All the stories about briefings and documents seem to be that you have to make it as simple and childish as possible to get through to him.

by Anonymousreply 232July 4, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote] If the report is bad enough, the people will demand he be removed. I’m hoping Congress still responds to that.

I told you impeachment is off the table.

by Anonymousreply 233July 4, 2018 5:38 PM

People need to see justice being served to put their trust back into the government and democracy in general. Trump walking away scot free and retire or stick around to just be voted out of office will not cut it after all the shit Trump pulled.

by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2018 5:48 PM

Trump also claimed he is a successful author yesterday......forgetting that its public knowledge he used ghost writers for every book his name is on.

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2018 6:14 PM

It's even more amazing than that, R235.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2018 6:23 PM

I like to pour over Trump's tweets as I pore vodka over my ice.

by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2018 6:26 PM

J K Rowling trolled him about that yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 238July 4, 2018 6:27 PM

SPACE FORCE!!!!

by Anonymousreply 239July 4, 2018 6:31 PM

I still can't wrap my brain around this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Whether the deserving pour or the undeserving pour, the pour will always be with us.

by Anonymousreply 241July 4, 2018 7:19 PM

Like pee from a Russian hooker, the press keeps pouring over Trump's very best words.

by Anonymousreply 242July 4, 2018 7:26 PM

I have this Timeline of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections bookmarked. Very helpful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 4, 2018 7:27 PM

R240 yeah why are GOP senators meeting russsians? What have DP counterparts said about this?

by Anonymousreply 244July 4, 2018 7:35 PM

[quote]why are GOP senators meeting russsians?

It's July 4th! What greater way to celebrate our democracy than to pledge fealty to a foreign power?

by Anonymousreply 245July 4, 2018 7:49 PM

Maybe they want to get their instructions directly. They're sick of untangling whatever word salad comes tumbling out of Trump's mouth when he tries to give them Putin's orders.

by Anonymousreply 246July 4, 2018 7:53 PM

R246 *crickets*

by Anonymousreply 247July 4, 2018 8:10 PM

Not just brilliant, R226, but a "stable genius" who needs to meet with his Master alone.

by Anonymousreply 248July 4, 2018 8:28 PM

R230, any violence that occurs is going to be the work of the Right.

by Anonymousreply 249July 4, 2018 9:26 PM

"to my favorite Prime Minister" . . .

here's a picture of me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250July 5, 2018 12:01 AM

Droomps baby daddy angles for $75 million payoff in Department of Justice influence peddling scheme

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251July 5, 2018 12:07 AM

It can happen

[quote]Malaysians watched live on Wednesday as Najib Razak headed to court to face charges linked to a corruption scandal, an extraordinary event in the swift downfall of the former prime minister since he lost an election less than two months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 5, 2018 12:16 AM

Unfortunately it’s working for the Republicans to paint Democrats as crazy

by Anonymousreply 253July 5, 2018 1:15 AM

Well, r253, all I hear is the Dems on defense constantly, they NEVER put him on defense. Makes me appreciate Hillary’s debate performance even more, she came out swinging. She called him a puppet, sneered about his tax returns, and taunted his business “expertise” with his numerous bankruptcies. But the current Dems? They just take notes while he writes the narrative, it is MADDENING.

In one way, I don’t have personal anger toward say Pelosi or Schumer because dealing with him is SO unprecedented, unpredictable, and low-class — nothing in normal life can prepare you for this type of adversary. It is indeed hard to handle him. But goddammit, then know your own limits and bring in your best street fighters. THAT’S where I am really angry. Pelosi and Schumer don’t want to roll in the mud? Fine. Then pull in people like Avenatti who actually get off on sparring and give them the ability to make strategy decisions for the party. Also, Howard Dean would be manna from heaven right now, he’s smart as hell, doesn’t play softball, and he isn’t afraid to show that is PISSED.

by Anonymousreply 254July 5, 2018 2:39 AM

Not really, R253. We're not seeing any real signs of it working where it counts: at the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 255July 5, 2018 3:11 AM

R253 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 256July 5, 2018 3:19 AM

Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 257July 5, 2018 3:27 AM

r254 the party could greatly use Dean right now, for all the reasons you mentioned. He was fantastic as an eloquent public attack dog when he was head of the DNC. In that regard he was highly effective.

by Anonymousreply 258July 5, 2018 3:31 AM

Maxine Waters has spoken out, and certainly has irritated Trump. In combating Trump, being mannerly doesn't work beyond the well-informed elite. While Maxine can make some bizarre comments, it is the overt confrontation of Trump that has value.

R254,r258, concur. Howard Dean was an excellent DNC, and he can hit hard articulating.

I also like Eric Swalwell speaking out. He's sorta young and building his credits, but he relates in a comforting way the average viewer understands, but gets his point across.

by Anonymousreply 259July 5, 2018 4:36 AM

Any chance Dean is going to run in 2020 with, maybe, Kamala Harris as VP?

by Anonymousreply 260July 5, 2018 6:42 AM

Kamala Harris needs to be on the SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 261July 5, 2018 6:46 AM

Harris as VP.

Obama on SCOTUS.

White dude as president because this country is full of sexists and racists.

by Anonymousreply 262July 5, 2018 6:51 AM

Kennedy as VP, Obama is over public service.

White dude as president is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 263July 5, 2018 7:28 AM

Dean. My hero. I was so upset when the dnc scuttled him. His was the only grassroots excitement I've seen politically. He was able to fire up the base and the imagination.

Obama was a good speaker and rhetorician too. But he was astroturf in his campaign, and stolidly and safely managerial in his presidency.

We are beyond that nice guy messaging now.

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2018 8:53 AM

I assure you the four million of us on a pro-Clinton “secret” Facebook were fired up, excited and thrilled about her, too.

Disgusting that she was cheated.

by Anonymousreply 265July 5, 2018 10:26 AM

r253, I disagree.

by Anonymousreply 266July 5, 2018 12:15 PM

r254, I agree we need more Michael Avenatti street fighters on our team. Trump is TERRIFIED of Avenatti. Sean Hannity and the rest of the GOP clowns are also afraid of Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 267July 5, 2018 12:24 PM

The Nancy Pelosi Troll thinks he’s clever hiding his latest rant about her in a long post.

by Anonymousreply 268July 5, 2018 12:27 PM

Agreed, r254.

by Anonymousreply 269July 5, 2018 12:32 PM

If you aren't a "street fighter" then you can't turn in to one over night. It is not your role and your history, and it woul lack credibility. Pelosi and Schumer are reconcilers, deal makers, negotiators. They are very effective, especially Pelosi. But there is a legitimate role for fighters right now.

The one thing the Republican strategists insist on is stirring up shit. Division, infighting, etc. They want to give the impression the Dems re deeply divided and disorganized. Nothing could be further from the truth. The GOP wants to suppress the vote.

Remember this: Negative campaigning suppresses the vote. Right now, people are very angry out here and the last thing they want to see is one Democrat attacking another. Although I am certain that of all these women criticizing Pelosi many of them have been goaded on by Republicans.

I can be upset with Pelosi, but I am still going to support her. The Republicans want to demonize her. I'm not going to let it affect me. I'm not that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 270July 5, 2018 12:46 PM

"Could be a poisoning of some minor useful idiot"

In that case, we have an embarrassment of fucking riches....

by Anonymousreply 271July 5, 2018 1:02 PM

“I support Nancy Pelosi, of course, but she’s terrible, old, and she needs to go! But I support her!”

by Anonymousreply 272July 5, 2018 1:16 PM

This is great. Michael Cohen had an encounter last night with someone named David Baerwald:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 5, 2018 1:22 PM

I'm fascinated that Sen. Shelby of Alabama is 84 years old. Seriously, retire already.

by Anonymousreply 274July 5, 2018 1:32 PM

More hires by Mueller - keep the fires burning, folks, this is going to be a long night in our country's history

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 5, 2018 1:43 PM

Old news, still looking for the most recent story, but someone shouted it out on the floor a minute ago.

by Anonymousreply 276July 5, 2018 1:45 PM

from the Hill:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 5, 2018 1:48 PM

Check out the Hill piece for video of Mueller. It's good to know he actually exists and is doing something about these turds. How it will suss out is anyone's guess, but I'm highly anticipating the Manafort trial. 70+ subpoenas could comprise the hostile witness list.

To paraphrase Bette D. "...it's going to be a bumpy ride"

by Anonymousreply 278July 5, 2018 2:01 PM

R270, I agree with you and you are reiterating my rant. I am not asking the “statesmen” or party diplomats to alter their style of communication; their thoughtful, measured, deliberate style is much needed in particular settings. They can’t pretend to suddenly be street fighters, it will seem forced and inauthentic plus they’ll be mowed over by Trump. However, what they CAN do is vocalize support for our Dem street fighters and actually pass the mic to them. Hold a press conference TOGETHER with Dean, Waters, Avenatti, Swalwell. I would love to see a press conference where they even include people like Steve Schmidt and Richard Painter and Rick Wilson!!!! These are OUTSPOKEN, tough talking people, and I want to see our Democratic leaders UTILIZE them. There is absolutely zero time for egos or behind-the-scenes power jousting. We need to be a united front and get the street fighters front and center right now!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 279July 5, 2018 2:16 PM

Hillary was an excellent debater, but not great at campaigning and having a successful strategy. Still, I believe she technically won if the truth becomes fully known. Trump, with immense Russian intrusion, CHEATED. The vote count in several states looks suspicious for certain locales.

Russia also was involved in the 2016 Republican primaries pushing Trump on social media and with ads and a pac. Trump beat 16 other primary challengers, Near all were current or former Governors or Senators with major experience.

by Anonymousreply 280July 5, 2018 2:50 PM

Yes, we do agree, R279, but here is another thing to consider. There are a lot of ways to show support without vocalizing it or holding news conferences. That isn't the best way to address this, IMO. Because at that point it doesn't matter whose mouth the words come out of, everyone will be held to account for them, and if you find yourself in a leadership role, you really need to keep a distance from all efforts to go one way or another.

So while Maxine in her own way expresses her outrage, and it's great coming from her, there are a lot of ways to show support for Maxine while letting her do her thing. If I were orchestrating this (and it used to be part of my job when I worked for a Congressman) I would have orchestrated a spontaneous "ask" from some media figure. Something like this:

"How do you feel about Maxine Waters saying we have to impeach Trump? " or WTF ever???

Pelosi: Look. Maxine has been a fighter for Democratic ideals for her entire career. Of course she is angry. There are a lot of people out here who are angry. But right now, we are going to focus on the Mid Terms so that we can help Americans who are struggling out here with healthcare and job security, and of course this horrible situation on our borders where children are being separated from their parents. I don't think there is an American out here who isn't deeply affected by that. So yes there's a lot of anger out here and a lot of it is because the American people are feeling like they don't matter. I would not attempt to speak for Maxine."

Something like that.

I would NOT issue anything resembling a reprimand and shame on Schumer and Pelosi for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 281July 5, 2018 2:50 PM

Trump is tweeting like a mad thing about the immigration crisis. It means the polling shows we are having an effect. Trust me. He is pissed because the focus on"Abolish ICE " and the juxtaposition of the little child who doesn't understand English sitting in a court room without a lawyer, is killing him. These videos are powerful. I don't know if they are actual footage or if they are a dramatization of what's happening, but damn they're actually bringing tears to my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 282July 5, 2018 2:54 PM

The Trump administration thinks that by showing these detention facilities as clean and bright and cheerful places, with nice beds, etc it will minimize the damage, but the fact that kids are torn from their families and stuck in a detention center is the point, not what color the walls are painted. And the fact that the federal government is not allowing cameras into these facilities or reporters is telling. That Senator who went there and was denied access they were completely out of line with that. He is an elected official who had a right to monitor and visit that site and inspect it. It's his job. The actual photos of kids in cages was so powerful it ought to be on TV in every damned campaign commercial.

by Anonymousreply 283July 5, 2018 3:03 PM

I dearly hope the Dems are hearing you, R283. I'm also intrigued by a Dean/Harris ticket. I'd go for that. Dean should get out there again.

by Anonymousreply 284July 5, 2018 3:15 PM

R281 thinks he has every answer. ANYTHING to slip in yet another barely-veiled attack on Nancy Pelosi.

Why haven’t “The Dems” hired this brilliant guy yet???

by Anonymousreply 285July 5, 2018 3:20 PM

R282 what else is he Tsering about, like a mad thing or not. Cohen? Anything on that?

Is there a way to make him face the press? The opposition and media have been allowing him to m dodge this for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 286July 5, 2018 3:25 PM

Kellyanne to Fox's Steve Doocy will explain Trump's immigration policy is working in fabulous fashion, and any problems were caused by Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 287July 5, 2018 3:26 PM

R282, they are a dramatization of actual court transcripts using an actual retired judge that did these types of cases in the past. He was appalled by the current situation and volunteered to do the commercial.

by Anonymousreply 288July 5, 2018 3:50 PM

I find the speculation about Mueller's recent hires intriguing. It appears he is ready to be fired. to focus on just the upcoming trial of Manafort, or is ready to hand over other criminal indictments to appropriate jurisdictions.

Does a media vehicle exist that breaks down the timeline of these events from discovery to current trials and indictments?

by Anonymousreply 289July 5, 2018 4:07 PM

I have no problem with the Dem leadership being older. Elder experience is invaluable

by Anonymousreply 290July 5, 2018 4:14 PM

On Mueller, agree, he's putting in place safeguards in case he's fired, to ensure the investigations and prosecutions continue whatever Trump tries to pull.

As to Avenatti, has Dump tweeted shit about him yet or is he still too much of a pussy?

by Anonymousreply 291July 5, 2018 4:17 PM

It's not about the age, it's about having each others' backs. Schumer and Pelosi failed to consider the optics of turning on Maxine Waters in a time people want the Democrats to fight and go on the attack instead of playing nice with those keeping Trump in the White House.

"Know your audience". And if you want that audience to vote in your favor you better give them something they like to hear. And I don't see any Liberal pining for a "Impeachment is off the table" reboot.

by Anonymousreply 292July 5, 2018 4:23 PM

[quote]As to Avenatti, has Dump tweeted shit about him yet or is he still too much of a pussy?

Still a pussy. No tweets about Avenatti or Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 293July 5, 2018 4:33 PM

R293, that is a commentary on Twitter, not Avenatti or Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 294July 5, 2018 4:35 PM

No, it's a comment on Trump that he hasn't dared to talk shit about either of them.

by Anonymousreply 295July 5, 2018 4:40 PM

You can tell Dumpy is afraid of Avenetti and Mueller by his Twitter silence.

by Anonymousreply 296July 5, 2018 4:45 PM

Important Article posted on Mother Jones...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 5, 2018 5:40 PM

What happens to all the trolls once they are no longer needed?

by Anonymousreply 298July 5, 2018 6:03 PM

Walk away hashtag was another Russian initiative to divide Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 5, 2018 6:05 PM

Another thread marred by the incessant attempts to be divisive by the Nancy Pelosi Troll.

Any opening has him trying to cause dissent among gay Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 300July 5, 2018 6:18 PM

I love Nancy. Nobody’s perfect. But thanks to her a lot of people have healthcare that never did.

And she’s always trying to get more services to the poor. Yes she has to muck it up with bankers to get that done but it’s not her fault. That’s the republicans fault for being one big swamp.

by Anonymousreply 301July 5, 2018 6:21 PM

Another VERY interesting thread from Seth Abramson......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302July 5, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote] Another thread marred by the incessant attempts to be divisive by the Nancy Pelosi Troll.

I guess some fell for the trolling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 5, 2018 6:37 PM

What amazes me about threads like the one R302 posted is that a member of the public can assemble such a detailed picture of the puzzle... but with only the information that is available to the public.

Just how much MORE than this does Mueller know?

I don't understand how Trump can be anything other than completely fucked... which is probably why he's so eager at this point to just stack SCOTUS with people who will judge favorably for him personally.

by Anonymousreply 304July 5, 2018 6:37 PM

Who was it who told someone that the public will be shocked to the core at the corruption amongst Dumpco?

by Anonymousreply 305July 5, 2018 6:41 PM

Was that Warner at the cocktail party fund raiser

by Anonymousreply 306July 5, 2018 6:49 PM

Mueller also should consider the public morale. We are a democracy and we should know the details of things.

He should put out a interim report over the Summer. Trump should not p

by Anonymousreply 307July 5, 2018 6:51 PM

On a lighter, and more satisfying, note:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 5, 2018 6:53 PM

Pls. excuse the misfire.

...should not be permitted to place a Justice, or any more judges, until he is tried (and executed).

by Anonymousreply 309July 5, 2018 6:53 PM

I just hope that Mueller will be in control of the narrative of his findings and not someone like Devin Nunes if / when it becomes available to the public.

by Anonymousreply 310July 5, 2018 6:58 PM

Very much hoping that pics of the Trump Baby blimp go viral globally.

Also, most pleasing that the crowd funding raised enough to send the giant baby on a world tour.

by Anonymousreply 311July 5, 2018 6:58 PM

R310, all indications are that Mueller has thought everything through from all angles to ensure justice is done as far as it's within his power. I doubt he'd go to so much trouble only to allow his agenda to be hijacked by some corrupt fuckwit like Nunes.

by Anonymousreply 312July 5, 2018 7:02 PM

Schumer reached out to Trump encouraging him to put Garland on his list for SCOTUS.

by Anonymousreply 313July 5, 2018 7:14 PM

“It’s just bluefish!”

by Anonymousreply 314July 5, 2018 7:29 PM

Re R313: Yeah, good luck with that Schumer.

When are our representatives in Congress gonna learn that the GOP doesn't play by the same rules as us and doesn't give a fuck about any of it?

by Anonymousreply 315July 5, 2018 7:31 PM

More shuffling in the swamp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316July 5, 2018 7:58 PM

Good by you fucking scumbag Pruitt. I guess he got all he could fleecing the EPA office

by Anonymousreply 317July 5, 2018 8:00 PM

Gone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 5, 2018 8:09 PM

Pruitt isn't evil enough for Trump... Trump will just look for someone eviler!

by Anonymousreply 319July 5, 2018 8:09 PM

Now Pruitt's free to replace Jeff Sessions like he always wanted to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 5, 2018 8:53 PM

I'm not a troll but I have been extremely disappointed in both Schumer and Pelosi. They seem to be clueless as to how to deal with Trump. They need to be calling out the many ethics violations of him, his family and most of his Cabinet. They need to be screaming about Devin Nunes and trying to force him to resign from the House investigation into Rusdia. They shoul.d block any efforts by the House to get material from Rosenstein during an ongoing investigation. So much more they could do by threatening to hold up appropriations, etc. and they also need to go to the public and try to stop Trump from appointing a Supreme while he is under criminal investigation. Also, demand he not meet with Putin without witnesses. They need to fight all these things and cut the "lets be civil" crap. Grow a spine!

by Anonymousreply 321July 5, 2018 8:56 PM

I hate to say it but some democrats are extremely naive...they really can't believe that Trump is a huge criminal, they don't understand that he is a serious bad guy. I think the repugs know how awful he is but they don't care, because Republicans have black hearts.

by Anonymousreply 322July 5, 2018 9:04 PM

Nothing to add, I just love that GIF in OP's post, lol!

by Anonymousreply 323July 5, 2018 9:04 PM

[quote] stop Trump from appointing a Supreme while he is under criminal investigation

I'm with you on all you say r321 but this leaps out at me especially.

So if it does turn out the the Russians have installed trump in the White House it would mean their mole is appointing a SCOTUS.

Treason is a dangerous thing. It infects everything. Every president we have had, good or bad, have not worked for the enemy against the US as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 324July 5, 2018 9:18 PM

I hope this is the last we see of Pruitt but not of the charges against him. He needs to go down for blatant abuses and ethics violations. This exit should be the only time he rates a first class ticket...to jail.

by Anonymousreply 325July 5, 2018 9:23 PM

I’m betting Schumer and Pelosi have adult children, nieces, nephews, etc who all work in lobbying jobs, banking jobs, media jobs and don’t want to make waves and destroy the very lucrative careers of their family members. It’s all about not upsetting the corporate apple cart.

by Anonymousreply 326July 5, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote] I hate to say it but some democrats are extremely naive...

I hate to say it but I don't think they are naive at all....

by Anonymousreply 327July 5, 2018 9:30 PM

R321 is a divisive Troll.

NONSTOP with the chaos-spreading tactics.

by Anonymousreply 328July 5, 2018 9:34 PM

Why can’t the divisive and hateful Pelosi Trolls start their own thread? There they can spew out their hatred of the oldsters and plot to split the Democratic votes in November.

by Anonymousreply 329July 5, 2018 9:38 PM

And start with r326. R326 would bitch if someone were an elected dog catcher.

Fuck the trolls.

by Anonymousreply 330July 5, 2018 9:53 PM

r286 During the campaign, CNN had a goddamn counter on the screen for weeks showing how many days since Hillary's last press conference. Then MSNBC got in on the act as well and started screeching about Hillary never talking to the press.

Cut to now when the President of the United States hasn't held a real press conference since his bizarre public therapy session almost a year and a half ago, and there are no clocks on CNN and I rarely hear any anchor on any show mention it.

I love the free press. They should be supported and celebrated. They should also have their feet held to the fire on how badly they are covering this administration and all the double-standards being applied to him.

by Anonymousreply 331July 5, 2018 9:56 PM

You KNOW the Pelosi Trolls are really just here to help split the vote.

by Anonymousreply 332July 5, 2018 9:56 PM

R331, the free press is dead. They're owned, bought and sold and will do as their corporate masters order by telling you just enough for you to easily forget it in the next news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2018 9:59 PM

Why don’t you start your own thread and state your boundaries?

by Anonymousreply 334July 5, 2018 9:59 PM

[326] does suggest a reason why no Schumer or Pelosi action. We won't really know.

I'm sure it's not the only possible explanation.

I doubt it's anything as bad as incompetence or corporate money,

by Anonymousreply 335July 5, 2018 10:12 PM

R334, why don't you clearly state who you're addressing your post to?

Pelosi trolls can suck it. They're getting more active and more desperate the longer a clear Dem candidate to oppose Trump remains in the shadows. She appears to be their only target and why is that? Because she's an effective and powerful leader.

She's doing plenty and the ONLY reason she said to take impeachment off the discussion table was because it was too soon. She's a fighter and I have no doubt she'll be there when it's underway.

by Anonymousreply 336July 5, 2018 10:43 PM

4th man says Jordan knew about sexual abuse. And this accuser is a Republican and long-time friend of Jordan's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337July 5, 2018 10:45 PM

I was addressing the self-centered thread police officer who tbelieves that anyone thinking outside of her train of thought is trolling. Start a thread where you state what you think and say that no one is allowed to disagree with you or they’re a troll.

And leave the rest of us here to talk to each other.

by Anonymousreply 338July 5, 2018 10:48 PM

r337, my favorite part is where he says they ALL showered with the student wrestlers.

Jesus loves a soapy hole...

by Anonymousreply 339July 5, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote]the fact that kids are torn from their families and stuck in a detention center is the point, not what color the walls are painted.

plus this is really scary and makes them cry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340July 6, 2018 12:17 AM

The Senate is be cautious, and remains partisan, but they at least are not ignoring Russian intrusion.

The House is horrible. That group of ultra-loyalists to Trump continue to have excessive influence. Among the characters trying to disrupt the Mueller investigation include Jim Jordan, Gaetz, Gohmert, Nunes, DeSantis, Meadows, and several others. This guys need to be singled-out way more and put on the defensive. Jordan is already under scrutiny for denying knowledge of sexual abuse during his Assistant Wrestling Coach days.

by Anonymousreply 341July 6, 2018 1:31 AM

MSNBC reporting that Trump “went off the rails” in his speech before a Montana audience tonight. Republican Tom Nichols tweets:

If Obama had stood on a stage in Montana, praised Putin and Xi, and crapped on GHW Bush like that, the same crowd would have rushed the stage and the Secret Service would have had to evacuate him. There is no Supreme Court nomination, no regulatory rollback, that is worth this.

by Anonymousreply 342July 6, 2018 1:48 AM

It wasn't any different than Trump has been doing for the past couple of years. Highlights in the linked Twitter thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 6, 2018 1:49 AM

r341......7 of the 8 people who went to Russia for the 4th were SENATORS, 1 was a congressperson.

by Anonymousreply 344July 6, 2018 2:00 AM

And don’t forget the Utah politician that went too. What’s up with that.

by Anonymousreply 345July 6, 2018 2:12 AM

This guy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 6, 2018 2:14 AM

They do know to avoid the proffered hookers, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 347July 6, 2018 2:21 AM

Interesting ... It looks like we're seeing increased moderation right now. At least one thread deleted; at least two threads closed; and half a dozen red tags handed out.

by Anonymousreply 348July 6, 2018 2:24 AM

Good! Sick of the divisive fuckers posting all of their tactics.

by Anonymousreply 349July 6, 2018 2:34 AM

Trump in Montana:

“I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.“

by Anonymousreply 350July 6, 2018 2:52 AM

Why are people going on about trolling in this thread? I've posted criticism of Pelosi and Schumer, but it doesn't mean I don't support them or want them taken out of leadership.

Some of us feel they were wrong and heavy-handed in their criticism of Waters. There are many who feel this way; doesn't mean we're 'traitors' or 'trolls' ffs. We're usually allowed to express an opinion - these are tough times we're in there's gonna be lots of disagreement but doesn't mean disunification.

by Anonymousreply 351July 6, 2018 4:08 AM

[quote]I dearly hope the Dems are hearing you, [R283]. I'm also intrigued by a Dean/Harris ticket. I'd go for that. Dean should get out there again.

Dean was always great and got a totally raw deal with criticism of his 'screaming' at rallies.

Like, compared to the crap we see now from the Freak in Chief he looks totally tame. We could use his wits and enthusiasm right about now.

by Anonymousreply 352July 6, 2018 4:10 AM

that fat orange cunt better step off Elton right the fuck now.

by Anonymousreply 353July 6, 2018 4:18 AM

If Trump completely lost his mind, how would we know? How do we know it hasn’t already happened?.

by Anonymousreply 354July 6, 2018 4:33 AM

Holy lord. Did he really say that? WTF is he on about?

by Anonymousreply 355July 6, 2018 4:38 AM

R355: yep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 6, 2018 4:42 AM

I truly thought R350 was a surreal parody - funny in its wild bizarre invention. And now I've seen the clip @ R356.

The blend of aggression and whimsicality; egotism and self-pity; and deranged illogicality is alarming indeed. No other leader in living memory has come close to such verbal incontinence.

Trump has no need of alcohol to sound like a tragic stupid old drunk. And what's worse is the crowd lapping this loud dysfunction up. It's really disturbing to watch mental illness celebrated.

by Anonymousreply 357July 6, 2018 5:40 AM

[quote]And don’t forget the Utah politician that went too. What’s up with that.

I take it you are not aware of what Jon Huntsman's job is, and where he lives as a result of that position?

by Anonymousreply 358July 6, 2018 5:54 AM

from r337's link

[quote]Also Thursday, Mark Coleman, another former wrestler and a former UFC world champion, told The Wall Street Journal that Jordan was aware of the abuse and had not taken action. “There’s no way unless he’s got dementia or something that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State,” said Coleman, who said he was Jordan's roommate on several wrestling trips.

And what upstanding Christian wrestling coach/future Congressman wouldn't want to spend the night with a young Mark Coleman?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 6, 2018 5:57 AM

[quote]what upstanding Christian wrestling coach/future Congressman wouldn't want to spend the night with a young Mark Coleman?

Me! Me!

I mean, not me! Not me!

Oh, what the hell . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360July 6, 2018 6:07 AM

It puts the lotion on its skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 6, 2018 6:08 AM

[quote] She appears to be their only target and why is that? Because she's an effective and powerful leader.

She's doing plenty and the ONLY reason she said to take impeachment off the discussion table was because it was too soon. She's a fighter and I have no doubt she'll be there when it's underway.

This. She has to tread lightly. She knows that her caucus is diverse and cannot always be counted on to vote the party line. She also knows that if Dems can take the house and Mueller gets this job done right both Trump and Pence will be headed to jail. She knows the order of succession. So do the Republicans/Russians, that's why they are actively working to smear her and peel Dem voters away from supporting her. Ignore the disinformation campaign, support her. She is smart and playing her cards very carefully. She's been one of the most effective Speakers and legislators in history, during a time when the other side has been on a steady march towards fascism and treason. She has your back. Don't bet against her.

by Anonymousreply 362July 6, 2018 8:40 AM

I agree with R362. I love Pelosi and she also has one of the best Congressional staffs too. I also agree with R351. I'm not a troll. I've never attacked Pelosi, but I have criticized not just her but Schumer and a few others when I disagreed with their tactics. We can afford the luxury of indulging our anger. the leadership can't. But the leadership ought to acknowledge the existence of the anger people are feeling, and sometimes I get frustrated when I think they don't acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 363July 6, 2018 9:00 AM

Just because I don't agree with Pelosi's and Schumer's treatment of Maxine Walters doesn't mean I want the Democratic Party to combust and destroy itself so that the GOP wins. I want the Democratic Party not only to succeed but return people's faith in democracy and the political system. If they can't accomplish that then there is no other alternative than civil unrest to depose dic(k)tator Trump and the GOP which has his back.

by Anonymousreply 364July 6, 2018 9:56 AM

Right now Nancy Pelosi is on Twitter kicking Trump's ass for his "despicable attacks on Maxine Waters" and telling him to deal with the families that are being torn apart at our borders.

by Anonymousreply 365July 6, 2018 10:46 AM

Putty is planning his continuation of his U.S. dynasty after DJT. Next up:. Don Jr. & Kimberly.

by Anonymousreply 366July 6, 2018 10:51 AM

Want to interrupt this discussion to share something I've noticed. It's important and it might be related: Amazon. We know Trump has been attacking Amazon and Jeff Bezos in general, because Bezos owns the Washington Post and they have been kicking Trump's ass daily. Well, it seems I have experienced an unusual amount of troll activity and I have had my Amazon and my e-mail accounts hacked five times in a two month period. So I wondered. Clearly Putin has weaponized hackers to go after Hillary and give us Trump. But is it possible that Russian trolls are hacking and disrupting Amazon's ability to serve customers? Amazon has been experiencing a record amount of fraud in the past year or two and it is becoming difficult to determine which e-mails I get are authentically Amazon. There are typos so that's a clue, but something is definitely going on. If this is true, that an American President can attack a businessman because of his newspaper, and then cause his Russian allies to help disrupt and attack that business, we need to alert the media.

by Anonymousreply 367July 6, 2018 10:52 AM

r348, I'm glad Muriel is finally doing something about the trolls that have been infesting DL lately. The trolls have been especially active in the Maxine Waters threads, the Keep Families Together Rally thread, and various other Trump-related threads.

Thank you for taking out the trash, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 368July 6, 2018 1:32 PM

That insane rant is on tape. So many insane rants and still the Congress, his cabinet, does nothing. It's plain to me that we've been sold out and this needs to end for the sake of this country and everyone in it. This is an emergency. I think this asshole has had a stroke!

His history is on record that he lies and bribes medical personnel. He needs to be evaluated and someone needs to act.

by Anonymousreply 369July 6, 2018 2:45 PM

Republican Max Boot:

"If Trump announced he were going to spit-roast immigrant kids and eat them on national TV ... most Republicans probably would approve of that, too. The entire Republican platform can now be reduced to three words: whatever Trump says".

by Anonymousreply 370July 6, 2018 2:52 PM

Whatever Trump says? Fine, what the fuck, exactly, is he saying?

by Anonymousreply 371July 6, 2018 2:55 PM

I'm R321 and yes, I am criticizing Peoplosi. She had been a very effective Senator. I respect her. But I believe in term limits. Mitch McConnell is a prime example. I believe that neither Pelosi nor Schumer have been able to deal with DJT. And the fact that they allowed Gillibrand to railroad a very feisty and effective senator Frankenstein out soured me.

I am respectfully expressing a thoughtful opinion and if you can't handle it well, that's your problem. DJT is ruining this country. In every way possible: economically(wait until the effects of the tariffs ruin some farmers). Environmentally, globally with relations deteriorating with Allies and going great with Russia, China ,and North Korea. The overall corruption is mind blowing. We need strong fighters to change things. Sorry about typos I'm pissed.

by Anonymousreply 372July 6, 2018 3:49 PM

If anyone needs more proof the GOP is nothing but a Trump worshiping cult at this point just watch the part of the Montana speech where he mentions space force. The crowd starts chanting SPACE FORCE, SPACE FORCE.

What is space force? They don't know!

What will it do? They don't care!

Dear Leader said two words that sound kind of catchy, so his mindless drones latch onto it and repeat it back to him whether it makes any sense or not.

If he passed out cups of Kool-Aid at these rallies and told these idiots it was poisoned they'd drink it anyway and whisper space force as they collapsed onto the floor.

by Anonymousreply 373July 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Except that your opinion isn't "thoughtful," given that you don't appear to know that Pelosi isn't a Senator. And that neither Pelosi nor Schumer can control independent Senators. Nor can they do those other things that you claim you want. The party in power has enormous power to block anything the other party wants.

In terms of speaking up, they're already doing it. Anything else will have to wait until we regain control of either the House, the Senate, or both. What you're ascribing to is the "Green Lantern" theory of politics, where all someone has to do is "will" it and it will happen. That's not the way it works. Neither Pelosi nor Schumer has any ability to force Devin Nunes to resign. Nor can they block attempts to get material from Rosenstein. Nor can they hold up appropriations. Nor can they block Trump's Supreme Court nominee in the Senate. And so on.

So, basically, your opinion is the opposite of "thoughtful."

by Anonymousreply 374July 6, 2018 4:10 PM

Trump, and the GOP have sold out to Russia. Notice that they continue to push forward with their Russia friendly agenda regardless of the scrutiny. Watch as they establish a new world order. Watch as we wake up one day and we are no longer a democracy and Trump declares himself president for life.

by Anonymousreply 375July 6, 2018 4:13 PM

R375: You are absolutely right. That is EXACTLY what will happen if they are not stopped. It is a shame that the "oversight" committee (Congress) does not have its own oversight commitee (Supreme Court?) when they are compromised/corrupt. It seems it is all up to Mueller (a report which will go to the corrupt GOP fuckers in Congress) and the voting public (the GOP/Trump are already working with Russia to undermine voting polls again)!

by Anonymousreply 376July 6, 2018 4:19 PM

[quote]Jesus loves a soapy hole...

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 377July 6, 2018 4:24 PM

Didn’t he say he won Wisconsin at the rally last night, when in truth he didn’t? And the crowd bought it.

by Anonymousreply 378July 6, 2018 4:34 PM

Dick Durbin:

Remember Brian Benczkowski? He represented Russia’s Alfa Bank and was a top staffer to then-Senator Sessions. Senate Republicans plan to vote next week to confirm him to head the DOJ Criminal Division.

Heading the DOJ Criminal Division is a critically important job. This person will supervise over 600 federal prosecutors handling thousands of cases and investigations, and will oversee sensitive matters such as the criminal investigation of Michael Cohen.

Benczkowski has no prosecutorial experience. He showed poor judgment by choosing to represent Alfa Bank while he was seeking a DOJ job despite reports that Alfa was under criminal investigation. And he won’t commit to recuse himself from Russia-related matters if confirmed.

Why does President Trump want Brian Benczkowski for this important job? Why not find an attorney who has actual prosecutorial experience and who is free and clear from Russian connections? And we still don’t know the full story behind Alfa Bank and what they did in 2016.

Watch this vote next week. Republicans will try to confirm Benczkowski while attention is focused on SCOTUS. This could be a pivotal moment in the Russia investigation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379July 6, 2018 4:37 PM

We're in a very dangerous place. We have to fight as hard as we can to stop the supreme court nominee. Even if we end up losing the fight we have to make such a prolonged sustained stink about it, t hat there is a cloud over their heads. Even once the prick is seated on the Court we have to keep pressuring and publicly exposing the court. There is no way we can afford to allow Kennedy to vanish into retirement without raising pure sustained hell about the Deustche Bank connections. The point is to make sure we create a cloud of suspicion. It's justified. We need to take a page out of the GOP playbook and stop being polite and "reaching across the aisle." There is never a single moment when that will be the right thing to do. KEEP FIGHTING!

by Anonymousreply 380July 6, 2018 4:38 PM

R378: Yes. That is when I had enough.

by Anonymousreply 381July 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Interesting R367. Trump is insanely jealous, resentful of Bezos.

What I have to wonder is why we seem to be so helpless against these hackers. Don’t we have our own guys to fight some of this? The Chinese routed a majority of internet traffic through their servers for a brief period just to test whether they could.

by Anonymousreply 382July 6, 2018 4:44 PM

[quote]Didn’t he say he won Wisconsin at the rally last night, when in truth he didn’t? And the crowd bought it.

No. He said he won Wisconsin, which he did, but he inaccurately claimed that Reagan failed to win Wisconsin. So he was claiming that he was the first Republican President to win Wisconsin since Eisenhower.

by Anonymousreply 383July 6, 2018 4:53 PM

Who cares. We all know that whatever comes out of Trumps mouth is a lie. PERIOD.

by Anonymousreply 384July 6, 2018 4:55 PM

It would be easier for chroniclers to list the truthful statements that Trump makes at these rallies. There are usually just one or two, if any.

by Anonymousreply 385July 6, 2018 4:57 PM

The truth hurts. His audience members are total "Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" idiots.

by Anonymousreply 386July 6, 2018 5:05 PM

Mueller Is Now Looking Closely at Trump's Inauguration

From today's E-V.com

He just can't keep away from those darn Russians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387July 6, 2018 5:06 PM

On a strange tangent here - have any of you watched the old movie "death race 2000"?

If not, go re-watch it. It's almost weirdly prophetic. I'm sure at the time it was meant to be over the top but now, some of the stuff about the American president living in Moscow seems, well, prophetic.

by Anonymousreply 388July 6, 2018 5:10 PM

[quote]Sorry about typos I'm pissed.

What kind of idiot posts this at the end of an ignorant, mistake-filled screed instead of bothering to fix the typos before hitting Post?

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 389July 6, 2018 5:21 PM

R389, a lazy one.

by Anonymousreply 390July 6, 2018 5:22 PM

Pelosi and Schumer are dealing with Trump EXACTLY as you should a sociopath--flat affect. They can work like hell behind the scenes, but stepping in to Trump's chaos, thinking they can out-rationalize him or function normally for long is a losing strategy and they know it. Trump uses people's decency and pain threshold against them.

They're starving him of fuel. Mueller is starving him of fuel. Dems are starving him of fuel, which is why he's recycling Warren and going in on Republicans. The poster upthread who mentioned America getting an up-close look at mental health is dead-on. THIS is why Trump was elected--he's the horrifying face of the Evangelical/boomer/supremacists that Americans, especially millennials, needed to see.

by Anonymousreply 391July 6, 2018 5:32 PM

Trump backed off of Maxine Waters after her "if you come after me you better shoot straight!" comment on a rally. I'd guess both approaches work when it comes to Trump, r391.

And, thankfully, nobody is buying the Republicans' cries of being victims by the militant left anymore.

by Anonymousreply 392July 6, 2018 5:36 PM

R388 I'm the lazy ignorant "troll" that posted "Senator" Pelosi instead of Rep. Pelosi. Now that's out of the way, I keep thinking about that movie. That and Ideocracy I think is the other movie I think of when I realize how crazy everything here is getting. OK. So I'm pissed that the Dems allowed McConnell to pull that crap about Obama not being able to pick a Supreme Court justice because it was an election year. That was bullshit..

So I don't think Nancy Pelosi is all that anymore. And much too gentle to deal with a sociopath. Sorry. But there are things that can be done. They can bitch as loudly about Trump as some of the Republicans like Nicole Wallace, Rick Wilson and Steve Schmidt and Susan del Percio, Jennifer Rubin, etc. DJT needs to be dealt with by someone with a flame thrower. But maybe Repubs. Criticizing the orange slime ball is ultimately more effective. I'm just sad. And I don't hate Pelosi or Schumer or Gillibrand. I just disagree with their tactics.

Pinning hopes on Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 393July 6, 2018 5:41 PM

[quote]So I'm pissed that the Dems allowed McConnell to pull that crap about Obama not being able to pick a Supreme Court justice because it was an election year. That was bullshit.

There. Was. Nothing. They. Could. Do. About. It. Is any of this sinking in yet?

And don't count on Mueller, as there is no guarantee that he'll be taking out Trump himself or that Congressional Republicans will act, no matter what Mueller finds. What you need to count on is yourself. Vote later this year and in 2020. Encourage your family, friends, and colleagues to vote. Volunteer for your local Democratic candidate's campaign. Give a few bucks to that campaign. Volunteer to drive people to the polls so that they can vote. Stop whining and act.

by Anonymousreply 394July 6, 2018 5:53 PM

Is this getting lost in everything?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 6, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote]Trump backed off of Maxine Waters after her "if you come after me you better shoot straight!" comment on a rally.

He attacked Maxine again last night: "I said it the other day, yes, [Maxine Waters] is a low-IQ individual. Honestly, she's somewhere in the mid-60s, I believe."

by Anonymousreply 396July 6, 2018 6:50 PM

Trump has no business attacking anyone else’s IQ. The guy is barely literate.

by Anonymousreply 397July 6, 2018 6:54 PM

I prefer my trolls to be lazy and ignorant rather than industrious and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 398July 6, 2018 6:57 PM

The people who think this cretin racist clown being in power was 'god's will' terrify the fuck out of me. I won't accept anyone who supports them. Tolerate, yes, because it's America, but will do everything I can to divest them of credibility and power.

by Anonymousreply 399July 6, 2018 7:01 PM

Special counsel Robert Mueller is tapping additional Justice Department resources for help with new legal battles as his year-old investigation of Russian interference with the 2016 election continues to expand.

As Mueller pursues his probe, he's making more use of career prosecutors from the offices of U.S. attorneys and from Justice Department headquarters, as well as FBI agents -- a sign that he may be laying the groundwork to hand off parts of his investigation eventually, several current and former U.S. officials said.

Mueller and his team of 17 federal prosecutors are coping with a higher-then-expected volume of court challenges that has added complexity in recent months, but there's no political appetite at this time to increase the size of his staff, the officials said.

According to his most recent statement of expenditures, more money is being spent on work done by permanent Department of Justice units than on Mueller's own dedicated operation. The DOJ units spent $9 million from the investigation's start in May 2017 through March of this year, compared with $7.7 million spent by Mueller's team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400July 6, 2018 7:10 PM

r396 Then I will assume Trump took an IQ test and he landed in the mid-60's since he projects all his crimes and attributes onto others.

by Anonymousreply 401July 6, 2018 7:18 PM

It's what his father and mother said to him, R401. Trump is the brutalized child of a father and grandfather who were sicko pimps and a neglectful, uncaring mother. He's still acting out. He's always been acting out. He and his followers are the real snowflakes of crybaby America.

by Anonymousreply 402July 6, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote] Is this getting lost in everything?

Just in the usual sense. A ghastly sounding initial headline that turned out to be nothing.

NPR’s Tim Mak offered a little more context, pointing out the fact that the real question — whether or not recruits are being discharged because they are immigrants — is never answered in the article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 6, 2018 7:43 PM

He is going to screw the deplorables over so hard and they’re not going to have anybody to turn too.

See Atlantic City.

by Anonymousreply 404July 6, 2018 8:04 PM

Then he will say it was their own fault for being so hateful to everyone and round them up too.

by Anonymousreply 405July 6, 2018 8:05 PM

[quote] He and his followers are the real snowflakes of crybaby America.

They (and I include the 1% with that) are also the most who benefit from entitlement programs, but they whine about "the wrong people" taking advantage of said entitlement programs.

by Anonymousreply 406July 6, 2018 8:07 PM

YEAH! R374 SLAYED R372's fake defense! Way to go in exposing R372 as a Troll trying to spread dissent here!

Caught! EXPOSED!!! LOL!!!!!

"Pelosi is a great Senator!" "BUT I BELIEVE IN TERM LIMITS!" LOL!!!!!!

FUCKED you are!

by Anonymousreply 407July 6, 2018 8:09 PM

We'll just call him "Lazy Ignorant Troll" after every time he posts.

The Russian Trolls and Deplorable Trolls are trying to make us divide and split the vote. Basically, what this Troll poster wants us to do is be so incensed with Nancy & Gang that we don't even vote.

He wants us to be angry and frustrated so badly that we vote just to piss off Nancy's Old Guard. Which is what they worked so hard on back in 2016 with Bernie and Stein.

Too bad this Pelosi-Hater Troll constantly clears his cookies; his entire history is probably full of BernieBro shit and more efforts to cause Democrats to split the vote.

by Anonymousreply 408July 6, 2018 8:20 PM

r372/r393 is not a troll. Back the f off folks. He/she expressed dissatisfaction with how the Dem leadership has been handling *some* things. I've done the same in many of these threads. No one called for their ouster or is trying to divide anyone. The discussion of all of it has been illuminating.

But in fact every time people post dozens of accusatory posts to throw the 'troll' label around, they are in fact creating a ton of dissension right here in the thread.

We get it, you disagree with our (relatively mild) ops on Pelosi, Shumer and a few others. It's fine. One post is sufficient to express it, thanks. We'll all carry on, as we were.

by Anonymousreply 409July 6, 2018 8:39 PM

Just read that Bernie is going after the Dem nom but will not become a Dem. Hasn't hew read the revised rules?

by Anonymousreply 410July 6, 2018 9:02 PM

Bernie needs to sit down and shut the fuck up. He is not helping matters - at all. We don't want or need his bullshit at this critical time.

by Anonymousreply 411July 6, 2018 9:10 PM

Bernie doesn't GAF and neither do bernvictims.

It is just another divisive tactic that the Russians used before. It works so that old coot will keep it up until he's either dead or indicted.

Bernie doesn't give a shit about anything but stroking his own ego.

by Anonymousreply 412July 6, 2018 9:11 PM

Bernie must still be on the payroll.

by Anonymousreply 413July 6, 2018 10:58 PM

There's a crazy OCD person who cannot tolerate the slightest criticism of Democrativ politicians and equates it with Russian/Breitbart trollery. Also, if you say "I'm feeling discouraged today" you'll immediately get labeled a "concern troll" by this cray nutbag. It's pretty obvious who the breitbart/Reddit trolls are and equating someone expressing frustration with our politicians is not even close to their trollery.

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 414July 6, 2018 11:18 PM

There's a poster on these threads lately who won't stand one tiny bit of criticism of Nancy Pelosi. If you say even one thing that is not completely positive about her he goes crazy and starts accusing you of letting the Republicans "brainwash" you against her or something.

Whathefuckever, I don't like that bitch and the Republicans have nothing to do with it. She's old and useless and always willing to put "impeachment on the table."

So take that Nancy Pelosi troll.

by Anonymousreply 415July 7, 2018 12:40 AM

Somebody hasn't had their nap.....

by Anonymousreply 416July 7, 2018 12:42 AM

Of course I meant "impeachment off the table" in my above post.

by Anonymousreply 417July 7, 2018 12:42 AM

To those verbosely disappointed in Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, let me ask you a question...

How many Repugs do you hear publicly attacking Ryan or McConnell?

That's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 418July 7, 2018 12:54 AM

Black female leaders criticize Pelosi, Schumer for 'failure to protect' Waters

Black female leaders and allies expressed their “deep disappointment“ with House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer for their “recent failure to protect“ Rep. Maxine Waters “from unwarranted attacks from the Trump administration and others in the GOP.“

“We write to share our profound indignation and deep disappointment over your recent failure to protect Congresswoman Waters from unwarranted attacks from the Trump Administration and others in the GOP,” the women wrote in a letter sent Tuesday. “That failure was further compounded by your decision to unfairly deride her as being ‘uncivil‘ and ‘un-American.‘“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419July 7, 2018 1:02 AM

I wrote R374, R414 and R415. I have no problem with criticism of Pelosi, so long as that criticism is based on reality. When someone criticizes Pelosi for not having super-human powers to obstruct, then I will cheerfully call them on their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 420July 7, 2018 1:24 AM

R419, that's exactly what you won't see the Repugs doing to their own party. This is politics, not polite society. We need a war mentality. Dems should never, ever attack Dems until this nightmare is over. We can't afford to be polite anymore. We can get back to that when this battle is over. We are dealing with existential stuff at this point. It's us vs. them. That's all there should be right now.

by Anonymousreply 421July 7, 2018 1:29 AM

Eat the Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 422July 7, 2018 2:05 AM

Too oily, r422.

by Anonymousreply 423July 7, 2018 2:11 AM

Mueller requested an interview a month ago with COS John Kelly who is willing but Trump's lawyers are fighting it. They want to know precisely what Mueller's questions will be. If Kelly wants to be interviewed how can Trump's attorneys stop him?

by Anonymousreply 424July 7, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote]Dems should never, ever attack Dems until this nightmare is over. We can't afford to be polite anymore.

well tell that to Chuck Schumer and Nancy who keep berating poor Maxine! She spoke what many feel is the bald truth and put herself out there, and they sat in cold public judgment. When quiet behind-scenes criticism and would have been more helpful.

We have a great space here to discuss the current political situation. Quit sowing hypocritical dissension with extremist attitudes about what we can and can't discuss here. Chill with that.

by Anonymousreply 425July 7, 2018 2:45 AM

R425, I said Dems. That includes Pelosi and Schumer. Hence the us vs. them, war analogy. And, no, I don't even want the Dems to casually fight each other here or on the internet. It spreads into the real world. We need to put ourselves in a warrior-like state of mind. You're either a Dem or you're the enemy. That has to be the mindset right now because our entire democracy actually hangs in the balance.

What will happen when a case as to whether a president can be indicted goes to the Supreme Court and a five to four decision, including two Trump appointed Justices, says, "Nah."? We are weeks away from this. Stop attacking Democrats and start thinking of ways to end Republicans wherever they exist.

by Anonymousreply 426July 7, 2018 2:59 AM

I'm curious to know what Jeff Weaver is doing these days. That rotten fucker .

by Anonymousreply 427July 7, 2018 3:34 AM

I’m confused by comments about Mueller not needing to expand his staffing — I just read two days ago that he hired 15 additional attorneys!! Sounds like his cases are increasing in their momentum if 15 new hires is true.

by Anonymousreply 428July 7, 2018 3:41 AM

You know, I believe they have uncovered so much shit, so much corruption, etc. that this investigation is going to go on for a while. Not the Trump/Russia part, but I bet there are a zillion instances of malfeasance and they are going to start spreading the wealth to other legal teams, to investigate and build cases. They'll be having trials for the next three or four years on a lot of this stuff.

I commented last year that I predicted this Special Prosecutor could go on for several years,even after Mueller steps down and hands it off to another guy, because there are so many threads and so many levels to it. I'd say we'e overdue. The fact is, when you look at all the corruption that Citizens United ushered in, and all the loopholes and loose regulations, etc. and the fact that no one was playing the watch dog, this is like a huge purge.

We have to do our part like R426 said. We have to take the Republican Party down. ASAP. We need to use all kinds of tactics and we have to keep the pressure up on the news media to do the right thing. Look at the Right's ability to propagandize everything. They were blindsided by the children being taken away. It has definitely made their lives more difficult.

So we have to seize the initiative and we better not surrender any ground to them. We have to push that issue right through to Election Day. And Congressman Jordan's wrestling coach was a fucking gift. We need to uncover more "gifts" like that.

by Anonymousreply 429July 7, 2018 4:02 AM

One day, not too long from now there are going to be a few books written including the Mueller Report, that a re going to give us a narrative that will be heart-stopping.

by Anonymousreply 430July 7, 2018 4:05 AM

I say Vlad and his oligarch friends go to some Black Sea resort, and everyone gets food poisoning and dies. Then there are a series of "heart attacks" dementia related illnesses and brain tumors that afflict the Kochs the Mercers, and certain members of Congress. Then several Justices and a few businessmen stroke out. And next thing you know everything gets back on track. Oh. trump is one of the guys who has a fatal stroke.

by Anonymousreply 431July 7, 2018 4:08 AM

What would happen in Russia if Putin were assassinated?

[quote]They'll be having trials for the next three or four years on a lot of this stuff.

I say a decade, at least.

by Anonymousreply 432July 7, 2018 4:21 AM

Do you really think Jim Jordan will resign? That would be wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 433July 7, 2018 4:25 AM

Sounds good to me R431.

by Anonymousreply 434July 7, 2018 4:28 AM

It would be nice if the media was also doing their own investigations instead of waiting for Mueller’s report.

Also, aren’t their private agencies that can look into this? Where is big business on this. The chamber? The economy could tank at any moment thanks to these tariffs, and the administration is selling off American interests to the highest bidder. The chamber should be fighting back.

Even the average American could raise a little money on go fund me to put together a timeline of criminality with receipts.

There are so many things we can all be doing besides sitting on the edge of our seats.

Organize your friends and coworkers and community to do something. Take up some donations and explain to people how this affects them.

Harping on Pelosi is such a huge distraction and plays directly into enemy hands.

by Anonymousreply 435July 7, 2018 4:35 AM

A company like HBO or CBS news could easily put together all the criminal actions of the campaign and administration, and present it to the public just as Mueller will. They can get documents and witnesses and evidence all the same.

but it’s like they are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

Do something.

by Anonymousreply 436July 7, 2018 4:37 AM

I think Rachel Maddow, Politico and Mother Jones, and others do plenty of reporting about the wrongdoings of the Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 437July 7, 2018 4:39 AM

There have been, and continue to be, media investigations, R435, but whether it's money-laundering or collusion, getting real evidence is bloody difficult, and next to impossible without subpoena powers, which media organizations do not have.

The Chamber of Commerce got what they wanted: drastically reduced business taxes and regulations. They are known for their shortsightedness and short-term thinking, so there's not a chance that they will act.

by Anonymousreply 438July 7, 2018 4:43 AM

Trump's new trade was is turning even the fuckwads in the Chamber of Commerce against Cheetolini.

by Anonymousreply 439July 7, 2018 4:45 AM

R439 While trade war might rally the ignorant deplorables, it will piss off the rich who make their money on trade. It's a real tightrope act Trump is attempting, and there's no safety net once things go pear shape.

by Anonymousreply 440July 7, 2018 4:50 AM

You have to keep going back into your memories from before all of this. Try to hold on to something like a photo or object from a few years ago.

Try to remember where this deplorable army came from.

They were our cousins and crazy aunts or uncles or that loner out in the sticks with the rebel flag.

The right wing “think tanks”, like Americans for prosperity, went out since 2010 and ramped up the door-to-door recruitment of voters in rural areas. These groups believed them to be easily persuaded to hate “liberals.” They stirred up themes like the Mexicans are coming to take your jobs and the blacks are coming to rob you and they hate American and they’re all socialists.

The Tea Party was the Trojan horse for what we have now.

Then they invested big in bringing rush over to FM and made entire stations out of that one show. and then cranked up Fox News to state propaganda level.

None of this is real. Deplorables need to snap out of it...it’s all a trap. They need to apologize for their terrible behavior and stop letting grief make easy marks out of them.

by Anonymousreply 441July 7, 2018 4:50 AM

The tariffs are a gift to the east, as well as ripping up the tpp, standing down in South Korea, and proping up that shady cell phone company with the bugged handsets.

I’m going to need y’all to wake the hell up and realize what’s going on. This isn’t yahoo.

by Anonymousreply 442July 7, 2018 5:07 AM

Totally agree R 441. Despicable & impotent cretins like Giuliani are selling America down the river, all for the sake of keeping a corrupt white (Orange) business man in power.

The markets are at a breaking point - Facebook is over $200 a share, which is frankly ridiculous. The idea that share prices will keep going up when America is in debt and economies are vulnerable is a pure fantasy promulgated by Wall Street hucksters. It won't be pretty when the world economy collapses.

by Anonymousreply 443July 7, 2018 5:09 AM

[quote] It won't be pretty when the world economy collapses.

Don't worry, the ones who orchestrated the whole thing will generously offer the solution for the problem (they created). In conspiracy tinhat realms their plan is called the New World Order where one central power is regulating the whole world and there will be no more conflict and no more wars and everybody is on the same page and better stay in line (or your bank account gets frozen and you get banned on social media! Oh, and Netflix? Forget about that!).

by Anonymousreply 444July 7, 2018 5:33 AM

We’re starting to see a physical violent manifestation of anger toward repubs and their supporters, and in all honesty, about 70% of the country is indifferent, there is no impetus to protect them. The majority of Americans are physically and psychologically repulsed by not only trump and his base but also the republican party. Historically, third reich soviet style methodology has been a complete and utter failure. It is non sustainable, it simply doesn’t work.

Anyway, Democratic leaders - and it won’t be Pelosi or Schumer - need to get in front of it and channel the anger through constructive measures such as reform - measures to eliminate the corruption - and restoration of electoral and judicial integrity, or the government as a whole may lose control. There is a significant amount of disgust and burgeoning rage toward the right, about 40 years worth, and it will blow. Given the damage they’ve done and their unappealing aesthetic, to an extent, most of us think they have it coming, and this is where a fair, unbaised justice system must prevail.

by Anonymousreply 445July 7, 2018 5:55 AM

The Green Party guy who aassaulted a teenager wearing a MAGA cap has been arrested and charged with a felony. The Green Party even repudiated him and threw him out of the party. He was also fired from his job.

The arrest came after a cell phone video surfaced on Twitter showing 16-year-old Hunter Richard being verbally abused and assaulted for wearing the bright red hat early Wednesday morning inside a San Antonio outlet of the popular Whataburger fast-food chain.

The video, which was recorded by a friend of Richard and quickly went viral in online social media, shows a bearded man throwing a drink in the teen victim's face, and then yelling "you ain’t supporting s—t" as he left the eating establishment with the hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 7, 2018 6:54 AM

R446 Anyone wearing a made-in-China MAGA hat ain't too bright. No need to assault them just pity their non-functioning brain instead.

by Anonymousreply 447July 7, 2018 7:08 AM

[quote]You know, I believe they have uncovered so much shit, so much corruption, etc. that this investigation is going to go on for a while. Not the Trump/Russia part, but I bet there are a zillion instances of malfeasance and they are going to start spreading the wealth to other legal teams, to investigate and build cases. They'll be having trials for the next three or four years on a lot of this stuff.

What was that thing called in South Africa, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission?

We're gonna need a bigger boat.

by Anonymousreply 448July 7, 2018 9:12 AM

[quote]I say Vlad and his oligarch friends go to some Black Sea resort, and everyone gets food poisoning and dies. Then there are a series of "heart attacks" dementia related illnesses and brain tumors that afflict the Kochs the Mercers, and certain members of Congress. Then several Justices and a few businessmen stroke out. And next thing you know everything gets back on track. Oh. trump is one of the guys who has a fatal stroke.

There needs to be a Red Wedding.

We can call it the White Wedding.

It works on multiple levels.

by Anonymousreply 449July 7, 2018 9:17 AM

Just get them (and their loyal associates) on a Lost island, Gilligan's Island style. Leave them with so little that it barely covers their basic needs (and they have to either work together or kill each other for the stuff to last more). Cut them off the rest of the world and let them deal with each other. And make sure they can never ever leave the island.

by Anonymousreply 450July 7, 2018 9:27 AM

Sorry, to last LONGER:

by Anonymousreply 451July 7, 2018 9:28 AM

[quote]Oh, and Netflix? Forget about that!

Wait, what? Why will will our new overlords get rid of Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 452July 7, 2018 10:03 AM

Jim Jordan if from Ohio. County Clerk Kim Davis is from Kentucky. He gets involved with her through Mat Staver and his anti-gay organization..

Jordan gives Clerk Kim a ticket to Obama's final SOTU address. Clerking Kim is not even in Jordan's district or state

Jordan's history of anti-gay behavior may have a 'wide stance'.

by Anonymousreply 453July 7, 2018 11:14 AM

R445, maybe it’s because the so-called “anger” of the right has been lionised as some noble entitlement to exercise ignorance. racism, misogyny and bigotry.

Well guess what, snowflakes? The left is angry too.

I wouldn’t advise Pelosi or Schumer to tell Americans how to act - Trump and his supporters are defining every day what acceptable standards of behaviour are, and it includes kidnapping and sexual abuse of minors.

Pelosi and Schumer need to promote what the Democratic Party can do to change things, not delivery homilies. Because make no mistake, a reckoning is coming. And it ain’t gonna be pretty.

by Anonymousreply 454July 7, 2018 11:19 AM

Yes R439 is correct, the Chamber of Congress, nationally is really pissed off at Trump about the trade wars and the tariffs. Yes the media is investigating and reporting and has broken a lot of really important stories. The reason we feel frustrated is because there is no real sustained sense of outrage in Congress. For example there's no way a Scott Pruitt would have been permitted to do and gt away with everything he's been up to if Congress did their job. That's why our focus has to be getting them out.

But here is something equally important. If we a re witnessing a slow rolling coup d'etat (Thanks Bill Maher for that phrase.) then we have to look at local elections. The boring ones where the turnout is lower. Because anyone who is running for office as a Republican is suspect. We are watching them pack the federal court system including the Supreme Court. We are watching the effects of their version of one party rule in Congress, with Trump's all out assault on immigrants, but we're ignoring what's going on in our own backyards.

They are moving through this country, using the Alt Right and stacking the deck against us. That's one point of their rallies. Rallies are organizing tools. Governors, State legislatures, local government Councils, etc. If we're going to fix this mess we have to get local too. Find a local Democratic Party organization, find your local Indivisible.org, or the Gun Safety people, or MoveOn, but get local too.

by Anonymousreply 455July 7, 2018 12:26 PM

[quote] Why will will our new overlords get rid of Netflix?

They'll cut your access to your Netflix account.

by Anonymousreply 456July 7, 2018 12:38 PM

Trump thrives on hatred, just like Nixon. He is hell bent on destroying everything that is dear to decent people.

I think hate is his number one motivation. He has zero interest in governing, it's all about his personal revenge.

I think it was John Dean who said Trump is Nixon on steroids.

by Anonymousreply 457July 7, 2018 2:19 PM

John Dean should know.

by Anonymousreply 458July 7, 2018 2:41 PM

Per Dick, I really know how to hate, too.

by Anonymousreply 459July 7, 2018 2:58 PM

"Who loves Trump the most" in Republican primaries are abound. Lindsey Graham may be facing such. Hasn't Lindsey demonstrated his love and support enough to ward off potential GOP challengers? Apparently not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 7, 2018 3:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 7, 2018 3:06 PM

The Midterms will show Trump for the Republican Golden Calf he is. Dance around him now Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 462July 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Interesting blogger I’ve been reading for a long time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 7, 2018 3:20 PM

If this Putty behavior is not stopped, American critics, i. .e. critical journalists, outspoken opposing politicians, certain corporate/business leaders, and progressive advocacy group leaders, could be in danger in their own country. Is there any confidence this executive branch of government and their GOP allies in Congress are going to apply the will and resources to prevent such from happening?

by Anonymousreply 464July 7, 2018 3:25 PM

Where did Ghouliani disappear to?

by Anonymousreply 465July 7, 2018 3:28 PM

[quote]Is there any confidence this executive branch of government and their GOP allies in Congress are going to apply the will and resources to prevent such from happening?

In the Scott Pruitt circus at the EPA, you have evidence of some Trump believers and rock-ribbed Republicans being willing to stand up for what's right.

Of course, many were fired, and they may have been the only ones in the entire agency.

by Anonymousreply 466July 7, 2018 3:40 PM

He's temporarily engaged filling Dump's diaper.

by Anonymousreply 467July 7, 2018 3:41 PM

Listen the emboldened racists harassing people in stores, on public transportation, swimming pools, parks, restaurants, and public places is only going to get worse. We absolutely have to insist that our local law enforcement people our business owners, and our local elected officials stand up to it and push back. I like reading about the racists getting fired from jobs or arrested. There must be consequences or these bastards who are emboldened by Trump's nastiness will gain strength. That is unacceptable. And if you have shit asses in charge make sure that local residents push back demonstrating, social media call and videos of perps etc. These bastards are cowards and bullies and if you resist and push back they will skulk away. They are only "brave" when they can get away with it. One thing that really seems to work is making sure you get video of bad behavior, and post it all over social media, bcz it helps cause the people who behave badly to get fired.

by Anonymousreply 468July 7, 2018 4:06 PM

I am still hopeful Republicans will lose in November. Democratic votes just gave to show up. Who gives a fuck about his KKK rallies in nonproductive states?

by Anonymousreply 469July 7, 2018 4:21 PM

Quite a number of these characters at Trump rallies may be shipped-in. If you look closely, some attendees are familiar from other rallies.

Some go basically to see a President in person, or just to be entertained by Trump's antics.

However, most behave as true believers, and among that group, there are fanatic supporters. Still chanting "lock her up" is so disgusting, perhaps sociopathic evil; or just immensely crude and ignorant people.

by Anonymousreply 470July 7, 2018 6:07 PM

[quote]If you look closely, some attendees are familiar from other rallies.

[italic]Mysis[/italic] actors

by Anonymousreply 471July 7, 2018 6:16 PM

Trump has a way of turning chronic but manageable problems (like immigration and trade) into serious existential problems (OMG, we need a Wall and a Trade War NOW!) and once they turn into a mess, he will say it ain't his fault. Seriously, he's the ultimate drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 472July 7, 2018 6:31 PM

Somebody opened the crypt this weekend and Rudy slithered out to call his old buddies Maggie Haberman and Michael Schmidt since they speak Parseltongue.

Take a minute to savor Rudy's new demands for Trump sitting down with Mueller:

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, needs to prove before Mr. Trump would agree to an interview that he has evidence that Mr. Trump committed a crime and that his testimony is essential to completing the investigation, said Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s lead lawyer in the case. [html removed] “If they can come to us and show us the basis and that it’s legitimate and that they have uncovered something, we can go from there and assess their objectivity,” Mr. Giuliani said in an interview. He urged the special counsel to wrap up his inquiry and write an investigative report. He said Mr. Trump’s lawyers planned to write their own summary of the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473July 7, 2018 6:33 PM

You're right, r473. He does slither.....

by Anonymousreply 474July 7, 2018 6:49 PM

[quote]“If they can come to us and show us the basis and that it’s legitimate and that they have uncovered something, we can go from there and assess their objectivity,” Mr. Giuliani said

The last two people on Earth capable of assessing objectivity are Rudy Guiliana and Donald Droompfs.

by Anonymousreply 475July 7, 2018 6:59 PM

Also, if Mueller's team DID come to them, show them the basis and that it's legitimate and that they have uncovered something, (a) their objectivity would be irrelevant and (b) their client would be headed to prison, interview or not.

What a bunch of fucking morons these people are.

by Anonymousreply 476July 7, 2018 7:17 PM

R475 They act like they are judge and juror of Mueller and his investigation when they are the suspects! They don't even understand the suspects don't get a say about legitimacy or objectivity during the investigation.

by Anonymousreply 477July 7, 2018 7:44 PM

A little ricin in the Diet Coke ....

by Anonymousreply 478July 7, 2018 8:57 PM

Oh they understand, r477. It's all a part of their slithering.

by Anonymousreply 479July 7, 2018 9:09 PM

Agree R479! This is theater for the base. You know what would be sort of clever? If they called for Mueller to wrap up the investigation a week before Mueller announces he is wrapping it up. Except Mueller's team doesn't leak.

by Anonymousreply 480July 7, 2018 9:21 PM

So Giuliani is saying that if Mueller can prove Trump is guilty in a way that they can't possibly defend, then Trump will see him? Why, to beg for mercy? Good luck with that. Bobby Three Sticks doesn't seem like the merciful type.

by Anonymousreply 481July 7, 2018 9:56 PM

It seems to me like they are trying to figure out what Mueller knows. Trump's former lawyer John Dowd emailed the NYT this morning to say at first he trusted Mueller.... but now he thinks he's biased and out to get Trump. At this point who gives a shit what Dowd thinks? Why come out now and say that?

They are certainly worried about something.

by Anonymousreply 482July 7, 2018 10:10 PM

I have a feeling that there is something especially beyond the pale in Trump’s past that is going to be a shocking reveal. I have felt this from almost the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 483July 7, 2018 10:33 PM

R483 what would be so shocking to his base of deluded idiots though? Sadly, I doubt they would care if he had murdered someone.

by Anonymousreply 484July 7, 2018 10:52 PM

Meanwhile, another of Michael Cohen's former clients seems to be worried about something ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485July 7, 2018 10:56 PM

[quote]I have a feeling that there is something especially beyond the pale in Trump’s past that is going to be a shocking reveal. I have felt this from almost the very beginning.

I'll take "trafficking in child prostitutes" for $400, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 486July 7, 2018 11:03 PM

1. Mueller DOES NOT need to interview Trump....now or ever .....if he does, its strictly as a courtesy.

2. If Mueller discloses any charges or evidence to Trump, it will be as hes cuffing him for arrest.

3. Although they say a president cant be indicted or arrested, we are not talking minor felonies here......we are talking crimes against the US, espionage, and possibly TREASON....by the president of the US......dont be surprised if he doesnt get arrested. Dp you think they would allow a traitor to the US stay in office waiting for an impeachment that can take 6 mo to a year ? Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 487July 7, 2018 11:47 PM

^^^^dont be surprised if he DOES get arrested^^^^

by Anonymousreply 488July 7, 2018 11:49 PM

If Trump paid someone to get an abortion, the reaction (pro or con) from evangelicals would be too entertaining for words.

by Anonymousreply 489July 7, 2018 11:57 PM

[quote]what would be so shocking to his base of deluded idiots though?

[quote]But just because the news media is pretending that it is not very possible that President Donald Trump was actually the man who impregnated Bechard, while president, and paid her, through Broidy, to have an abortion and keep quiet about it, doesn’t mean that the story isn’t still developing in rather significant ways.

Well, that "while president" might do it.

by Anonymousreply 490July 7, 2018 11:58 PM

Ruh roh, Shaggy.

Seventh former Ohio State wrestler claims Jordan knew of alleged sexual abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491July 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Rumors floating on Twitter are that Jordan and Dennis Hastert have more than a few connections.

by Anonymousreply 492July 8, 2018 1:07 AM

Avenatti posted this theory- that Trump paid for Bechards abortion several months ago. Go to Shera Bechards twitter page. She talks s lot about malignant narcissism. It's so obvious she has been involved with a Trump. And yes, she looks a lot like Ivanka. Gross. Maybe this is why a Trump is going off on me too movement. He's talking crazy. Like the rant posted from his Montana rally. I'm

Jim Jordan going down and then who knows who will be next. Popping up plenty of popcorn. Shits about to get good- I hope.

by Anonymousreply 493July 8, 2018 1:12 AM

Ewww

by Anonymousreply 494July 8, 2018 1:12 AM

Jordan, Nunes, Gaetz, Meadows, Gohmert, and DeSantis and several others in the House, appear way more interested in protecting Trump from potential prosecution than serving the country honorably. Maybe they love Putin too.

by Anonymousreply 495July 8, 2018 1:21 AM

More like compromised by Putin too...

by Anonymousreply 496July 8, 2018 1:32 AM

Didn’t Warner say shocking would come out this summer? We are only going through this charade because Trump is President and is surrounded by sycophants. If it were you or me, we would already be rotting in a jail cell

by Anonymousreply 497July 8, 2018 1:33 AM

Sorry, R485 - tried to get through the article you linked but the writing was absolute shit and the “writer” distractingly self-satisfied.

Anyone care to boil it down for the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 498July 8, 2018 1:37 AM

Broidy stops paying. He gets sued. Everything comes out.

They are theorizing that it's Trump's baby and abortion and that this will come out now that Broidy has stopped paying. There is no evidence one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 499July 8, 2018 1:44 AM

Giuliani is play to the base, because according to him, Trump's strategy is to treat this as more of a political issue than a legal issue. As they anticipate impeachment, They're relying on Trump's base to get them through it, his popularity. They are choosing to ignore the legal issues and believe me they know they are facing some very tough legal issues. My guess is that they are scared enough to demand Mueller turn over his case. basically that's what Rudy/Trump is demanding. So here he is giving Mueller ultimatums. What arrogance. As if Mueller needs to satisfy certain criteria Rudy and Donald dream up along with the other hired guns and legal advisors like Dershowitz. I think Dowd is still getting money to say things on Trump's behalf which is why he's still on the Trump bandwagon. They are unleashing a "wrap it up this has gone on long enough!" At the same time their buddies in Congress are insisting Rosenstein turn over classified information and other elements crucial to the Special Prosecutor's investigation. All of this sends a signal that Trump is above the law. He is also inflaming his base. He has mentioned several times that his base would not put up with the continued disrespect, etc. So he is really ripping of any semblance of propriety with these threats. I hope Mueller and the Democratic Congress rip him to shit.

by Anonymousreply 500July 8, 2018 1:50 AM

Will the deplorables support Trump paying for an abortion?

by Anonymousreply 501July 8, 2018 1:51 AM

Or Trump and Dershowitz being part of sex with kids trade? As noted, it’s a long painful charade

by Anonymousreply 502July 8, 2018 1:53 AM

r498 Elliott Broidy has never stated that he had an affair with or impregnated Shera Bechard - which makes it obvious that he is covering up for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503July 8, 2018 2:03 AM

The Deplorables won't believe it. They heard audio of him talking about "grabbing them by the pussy" and ignored it. But I agree on the human trafficking angle. When you consider he was hanging around the Russian mob, he was dealing with wealthy men, lots of them, and had his own "modeling agency" and ran beauty contests, owned hotels and had "networking parties " for young models to meet people who might "help their careers" and that all stinks to me. Roger Ailes and this guy Shine that he's bringing in to the WH as Communications director know about it too. Trump is the bottom of the barrel and the people around him are sludge. Garbage. I hope Hannity gets busted for something soon. He's real dirty.

by Anonymousreply 504July 8, 2018 2:06 AM

Trumps Kentucky campaign chair...a former Kentucky district judge....just pled guilty to 2 counts of underage child trafficking and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 8, 2018 2:07 AM

^^^^^21 counts^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 506July 8, 2018 2:09 AM

YaHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 507July 8, 2018 2:27 AM

I think Trump and his cohorts like Nunes, et al are more likely to get busted and go down for sex crimes, etc. than Russia stuff. The pubic has a tabloid mentality and Trump is Tabloid King. I bet his buddy at the National Enquirer will be pissed at having to hold back and not publish dirt when there is so much of it, a veritable shit storm. The fact is the Enquirer would gain more by publishing dirt on Trump than by covering it up as they have been.

by Anonymousreply 508July 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Public, not "pubic" What was I thinking !

by Anonymousreply 509July 8, 2018 2:30 AM

Robert Mueller said in a court filing Friday that his prosecutors will not present evidence regarding Trump campaign collusion with Russia at an upcoming trial for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

“The government does not intend to present at trial evidence or argument concerning collusion with the Russian government,” reads a filing submitted by Mueller’s team in federal court in Virginia on Friday.

The filing sheds light on one of the largest questions looming over the Manafort case. Mueller’s prosecutors have indicted Manafort in federal court in Virginia and Washington, D.C., on a slew of charges related to his consulting work for former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Manafort ended the work in 2014, and it has been unclear whether Mueller’s team planned to reveal evidence about President Donald Trump or the campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510July 8, 2018 4:18 AM

More Renato Mariotti Retweeted Olivier Knox Now that Senator Johnson is back from visiting Moscow, he wants us to lift our sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Crimea. What a coincidence.Renato Mariotti added, Olivier Knox Verified account

@OKnox Johnson said it was time to “evaluate” whether to lift US sanctions imposed on Russia over its annexation of Crimea, saying they have failed to change Moscow’s behavior and cut US businesses out of Russian deals. cc 919 replies 6,983 retweets 13,259 likes

by Anonymousreply 511July 8, 2018 4:31 AM

My, my, my

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 8, 2018 4:33 AM

This article says that Manaforts case WILL contain info tying to the Trump campaign

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513July 8, 2018 4:38 AM

Love it r12.

by Anonymousreply 514July 8, 2018 4:49 AM

Mueller is parsing words. Collusion is not actionable. He may be building a foundation for CONSPIRACY though.

by Anonymousreply 515July 8, 2018 4:58 AM

r515....you mean TRUMP is parsing words......hes the one using it, and as a result media picked it up. Mueller hasnt said a thing about anything

by Anonymousreply 516July 8, 2018 5:00 AM

r516 see r510

by Anonymousreply 517July 8, 2018 5:07 AM

The Deplorables will wave it away if Trump paid for abortions. Which he did. But even if it comes out they will say he prayed to Jesus and now he's fine. If he was trafficking underage prostitutes, they will not care. They won't even say he prayed it away, they just won't care. If he fucked Ivanka on tape, they won't care.

The pig farmers in this area are all over local newspapers and TV talking about how the new tariffs are already costing them money, and they sure don't like it, but by golly they still support the President because he's making America great again.

In the past you could at least expect the Republican farmers to get pissed if they lost some money, but now they're just cheerfully going along. The GOP is a cult. They'll support anything Trump does.

by Anonymousreply 518July 8, 2018 5:24 AM

People will not give a fuck if Trump paid for abortions. They hold him to a different standard as, say, Barack Obama. The only thing that may give them a quick pause (before they side with him again) is when he is charged with sex trafficking of minors and even then they will go "well, they ASKED for it and gained employment, so it worked out quite well for them!".

It's pointless to hope that Mueller's findings will convince the Trump supporters to turn on Trump. The only thing we can hope for is that Mueller's findings will light a fire under people's asses so they threaten with civil war if Trump is not dragged out of the White House in handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 519July 8, 2018 5:34 AM

I don’t know. There are not enough deportables who support abortion and sexual with kids. Nationally, that will kill him and rightfully so. The deplorables are a minority

by Anonymousreply 520July 8, 2018 5:38 AM

There should be more #Lock-HIM-Up memes aimed towards Trump and his associates.

by Anonymousreply 521July 8, 2018 5:42 AM

Disagree R520, they are all in. I do not believe they will turn on him no matter what 'open secrets' are uncovered by Mueller and finally reported on by the mainstream press. The country will not be saved by Deplorables coming to their senses. Once the traitors have been rounded up and the Repug party is left in tatters, I don't know what becomes of their awakened rage and hatred. The only way to contain it until they all fade away will be to vote blue in every single election for the next 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 522July 8, 2018 9:12 AM

I'm hoping the Deplorables crawl back under their rocks and pout for the rest of their lives if we can oust Trump from the WH and put him in jail.

by Anonymousreply 523July 8, 2018 11:51 AM

My Prediction: If Trump realizes he is looking at jail time and having all of his dirty dealings exposed, he will develop a medical condition that requires him to resign (after he cuts a deal) and he will not care about pardoning anyone...including his own family. And you know what? They will be hounded for years with legal troubles. Good.

by Anonymousreply 524July 8, 2018 1:15 PM

"My doctor, I have the best doctors, best schools, we all went to great schools, the best people, he has diagnosed me with Tinymeatitis. I love my family, we all love our families right, maybe not the obstructionist democrats who spend all their time attacking me, and the fake news, but my family; they're the best. Ivanka, my two wonderful sons, my beautiful wife Melania, the other boy, the young one, whatshisname. Tinymeatitis. The best doctors. I'm going to retire, I'll still be around, but maybe not officially, but retire, maybe to Mar-A-Lago, maybe to Russia, they have the best buildings over there."

by Anonymousreply 525July 8, 2018 1:31 PM

Trump will only resign when his own life is being threatened by someone else than Putin (I am sure he'd have no problem to sacrifice his own children for a few more days in office, would care even less for Melania). He doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone else. That cretin will loot the entire White House on his way out and take a dump in the Oval Office for the next president to clean up. He has no class and no decency.

by Anonymousreply 526July 8, 2018 1:42 PM

Indeed, r 526, he's already branded The Best Dump® for the occasion. Here and in Jina.

by Anonymousreply 527July 8, 2018 1:47 PM

Rudy speaks as if Mueller is the defendant and is making outrageous demands of him. Can't Dana Bash press Rudy about his tactics and ridiculous spin? Then she was full of thank yous and fawning over Rudy appearing. Rudy ain't Queen Elizabeth II, Dana. What next? A Kellyanne filibuster?

CNN is awful at times.

by Anonymousreply 528July 8, 2018 1:53 PM

They kiss ass for ratings. They kiss ass for these conservatives to say something that can go viral.

by Anonymousreply 529July 8, 2018 1:56 PM

R528> That's why I can't stand CNN or Chuck Todd on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 530July 8, 2018 1:56 PM

Reading my news feeds this morning and Trump fucked up the North Korea "talks". Kim says Pompeo & Trump use "gangster tactics". I have to laugh. That guy is pretty damned sharp to characterize it that way. Trump's own people who have been with him for a long time say he has a "visceral reaction " to being humiliated or embarrassed." Well that's what just happened. And the irony is that China is the one that can get the negotiations back on track and mediate, but Trump has pissed the Chinese off real bad. And of course no one trust Putin.

by Anonymousreply 531July 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Kimm Jong Boom!!!!

by Anonymousreply 532July 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Kim is the intelligent one here.

by Anonymousreply 533July 8, 2018 2:11 PM

We all knew it would end up like this. There was a REASON that our former Presidents and Sec. of State never acknowledged them. But of course the orange bloated fool thought he knew better. The only reason that ass knows is in the word tREASON.

by Anonymousreply 534July 8, 2018 2:37 PM

Agree, r530. I switch to anything, even Family Feud re-runs, when Chuck Todd comes on.

by Anonymousreply 535July 8, 2018 3:32 PM

Jesus. I have George on with the sound off. I look up and it's Ghouliani. I look up and it's Dershoshitz. I look up and it's Christie Kreme. It isn't 9:00 a.m. and I'm losing the lunch I haven't even eaten yet.

by Anonymousreply 536July 8, 2018 3:46 PM

Trump's base with okay supporting Roy Moore. If you think they'll care even a little bit about sex trafficking, underage or otherwise, you're mistaken.

Mueller just needs to nail Trump. The 30% of voters who are too stupid or too brainwashed into this cult of personality will just have to go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 537July 8, 2018 4:07 PM

You can't push or manipulate Trump's base to turn on him. They are conditoned to consider everything negative towards Trump as FAKE NEWS or a witch-hunt. The only hope we have is to get the rest of the US so mad and riled up that they are *this close* to storming the White House to take care of Trump , and his associates, themselves.

We give the government the power to fuck with us and, to this day, we take it because Pelosi and Schumer will save us! Mueller will save us! Michael Avenatti will save us! The Constitution will save us! Sanity and civility will prevail! The mid-term election will save us!

by Anonymousreply 538July 8, 2018 4:17 PM

Trump's base is brainwashed to believe that all these charges are lies and that the Liberals are all persecuting Trump and attacking him. Trump has insisted repeatedly that the news media are enemies and they are lying. So when the news media tells them Roy Moore is a sex offender etc. they don't believe it. I have to wonder though. There are some things they can find out for themselves. They know Ivanka and Trump himself get all their merchandise and have factories in China and other places. How the hell can he talk about jobs and our economy when he does that? How can he buy steel from China?

by Anonymousreply 539July 8, 2018 4:32 PM

Ivanka Trump is a true cunt.

by Anonymousreply 540July 8, 2018 5:06 PM

"He has to make them in China because of all the business-killing regulations in America. That's why he needs to be president--to fix our broken business system. so people can create jobs again"

Actual summer 2016 quote.

There's an answer for everything, written and test-marketed by talk-radio propagandists, polished on Fux News, spread on the internets and brought to you by bots.

by Anonymousreply 541July 8, 2018 5:09 PM

Then why can’t Harley-Davidson?

by Anonymousreply 542July 8, 2018 5:26 PM

First the admin leaked the letter they wrote Mueller calling Comey a liar and Machiavellian. Then Dowd makes a statement Mueller can't be trusted. Then they ramp up the calls for Mueller to end the investigation. Then Rudy goes on some show this morning and confirms Donald asked Comey to give Flynn a break.. and so what? Big deal. And then Dershowitz goes on some show to announce you can't ever question a President's motives for firing someone or pardoning someone- the President can do whatever he wants for any reason and that basically he can commit obstruction if he wants to.

I was wondering what started this weekend blitz, and to me it's now screaming they've gotten wind Mueller is going to absolutely nail Donald to the wall for obstruction of justice.

by Anonymousreply 543July 8, 2018 5:30 PM

"Because of obstructionism from Democrats, he's not yet able to fix everything that needs to be done for American businesses like Harley-Davidson to be competitive and create jobs here in this great country. He's only been in office a year can't do everything at once with so much opposition and all the witch hunting."

I haven't actually heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me if something like that were their answer to the above question.

We're kind of getting off track from the TREASON here though.

by Anonymousreply 544July 8, 2018 5:31 PM

Based on comments at Breitbart, R542, it's variously the fault of the unions, the EPA, Harley's management, and "noise pollution" laws. Oh, and Harley's haven't been the same for years, so the only real Harley is a "VINTAGE" Harley.

Not to mention the irrelevant comments like, "President Trump is fighting, and WINNING, for America. All impotent liberals can do is make inane comments."

by Anonymousreply 545July 8, 2018 5:35 PM

And the real solution is to "stop giving all our cash to Mooching Illegals and Mooching Nations like Mexico." That would allow us to "save billions a year and still fix everyone of those problems."

by Anonymousreply 546July 8, 2018 5:36 PM

Man I can’t wait to see trump stroke out

by Anonymousreply 547July 8, 2018 5:45 PM

Regarding Moore......his predilection for young girls aside, this man was the Supreme Court of Alabamas Chief Justice......and he was removed TWICE for dereliction of duty. What on earth does it tell you that he was not only nominated, but almost won a Senate seat ? Thats like the multiple Nazis and racists running for various elections coming up. Why are these people getting votes ? Why are these people allowed to run ? The moral decay on the right is more than disturbing no matter how they try to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 548July 8, 2018 5:49 PM

spidey sense says gohmert is close to being exposed.

And the people posting that twitler's base won't care what he does are correct.

That being said, I have a feeling that once this affair and abortion shit hit the fan, more bible beating supporters will simply not vote. Oh, they'll still support him publicly and kiss his ass but they won't vote in the midterms. They will simply start working to influence the pious phony clay face.

The Bible beaters will never publicly turn on dump. They're too cowardly and they know the rest of the world would laugh at them endlessly. But they also won't vote. They'll be demoralized and sit home. And I'm OK with that

by Anonymousreply 549July 8, 2018 6:05 PM

[quote]"Because of obstructionism from Democrats, he's not yet able to fix everything that needs to be done for American businesses like Harley-Davidson to be competitive and create jobs here in this great country. He's only been in office a year can't do everything at once with so much opposition and all the witch hunting

I know deplorables cannot keep a logical train of thought and mindlessly repeat Drumpf's whining. But the response should be: Drumpf said "I alone can fix it." (whatever that it is and if it needs fixing is another matter). Therefore, whatever failure there is, is on him alone. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 550July 8, 2018 6:16 PM

I so agree with R537.

by Anonymousreply 551July 8, 2018 6:22 PM

It’s sad because he is entrenching corruption, racism and greed, with elected officials supporting him. We know now that they are willing to cheat to maintain power, so unless there is a violent uprising where all the bad leaders are killed, things will continue to get worse

by Anonymousreply 552July 8, 2018 6:24 PM

Many a trailer park Barbra was born shortly after the release of the 1970s A Star is Born.

by Anonymousreply 553July 8, 2018 6:37 PM

r549 I wouldn't count on it, those types are more likely to dig in their heels and vote out of spite, I know people that said they had to "hold their nose" to vote for him in 2016 but still went to the polls and still feel he was better choice. Best thing is to vote.

by Anonymousreply 554July 8, 2018 6:48 PM

I am surprised a sniper has not taken out MCconnell, Hannity, Kellyanne, Lindsay, Dershowitz, Ivanka, Rudy. Etc. They are enemies of the state and should be offed

by Anonymousreply 555July 8, 2018 6:56 PM

Trump won't testify before Mueller. If a subpoena is issued for Trump to appear before a grand jury, it will be appealed to the right-leaning Supreme Court. That would take months to resolve.

Donald Junior, Jared Kushner, and Roger Stone haven't met with Mueller. It may not happen. Those three, along with DJT, may receive indictments as co-conspirators; released simultaneously. One or two others may be indicted as co-conspirators. It will happen.

by Anonymousreply 556July 8, 2018 6:58 PM

Jared Kushner did meet with Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 557July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Oh, blow it out your ass, R555. If you want to get rid of them, vote.

by Anonymousreply 558July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Jared met with Mueller 2x.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559July 8, 2018 7:02 PM

You can’t vote out most of those cretins - I am okay with the recommendation

by Anonymousreply 560July 8, 2018 7:06 PM

You can vote out enough of them to render them powerless, R560.

by Anonymousreply 561July 8, 2018 7:07 PM

I am not being literal but one person, one vote only gets you so far when democracy is being systematically removed and cheating and lying becomes the norm

by Anonymousreply 562July 8, 2018 7:17 PM

Treason revelation a'comin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563July 8, 2018 7:37 PM

Gawd whudda Gomer.

by Anonymousreply 564July 8, 2018 7:47 PM

R561...three million more people voted for Hillary...

by Anonymousreply 565July 8, 2018 8:19 PM

This week is shaping up to be VERY interesting, even more so than usual.

by Anonymousreply 566July 8, 2018 9:51 PM

r563....Its that damn deep state up to their same old tricks again........surprisingly, its the same excuse Jim Jordan is now using also.....I expect more members of the GOP to start claiming the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 567July 8, 2018 9:51 PM

What's the thread title for Part 3 going to be?

I suggest "The Age of Treason".

by Anonymousreply 568July 8, 2018 9:57 PM

[quote] I wouldn't count on it, those types are more likely to dig in their heels and vote out of spite, I know people that said they had to "hold their nose" to vote for him in 2016 but still went to the polls and still feel he was better choice

That better describes Oprah's best argument for supporting Hillary.

“She’s not coming over to your house! You don’t have to like her,” Winfrey said during a recent appearance on the “T.D. Jakes Show.”

[quote] I am surprised a sniper has not taken out MCconnell, Hannity, Kellyanne, Lindsay, Dershowitz, Ivanka, Rudy. Etc.

Being familiar with the story of the New York Daily News reporter claiming shooting an AR-15 gave him PTSD and a bruised shoulder, no surprise.

[quote] The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 569July 8, 2018 10:36 PM

Why wouldn't the FBI be taking a look at those helping with obstruction and/or been collaborating with a Ruskie oligarch and some unaccounted for money flowed?

We all know the Trump congressional cheerleaders of Gohmert, Nunes, Jordan, DeSantis, and Meadows just couldn't do naughty things.

by Anonymousreply 570July 8, 2018 10:48 PM

^and Gaetz.

by Anonymousreply 571July 8, 2018 10:50 PM

[quote]Once the traitors have been rounded up and the Repug party is left in tatters, I don't know what becomes of their awakened rage and hatred. The only way to contain it until they all fade away will be to vote blue in every single election for the next 25 years.

I'll tell you, another way to contain it, or at least let these stupid morons know we will no longer tolerate their nonsense or play fair with them (since they are ruining our country, for ALL of us) is to vote to take away their share of federal tax $ - the same disproportionate share the I and MY family all pay for, with our hard earned dollars, in our wealthy, high-employment, literate blue states.

NO more welfare and handouts for you Bubs. You don't like our values, our support of human rights, freedoms, and basic democracy - you want to support a fascist state - sure go ahead, keep on, it's your right. But be warned: we will NO LONGER be charitably paying for your infrastructure, your roads, schools, hospitals, or other federally funded items and projects that YOU CAN'T PAY FOR on your own.

Womp womp! You don't want to calm the f down and behave like normal free people - then it's tough titties. As my kid nephews are fond of saying.

by Anonymousreply 572July 8, 2018 11:35 PM

Three million more people voted for Hillary and it took voter suppression, gerrymandering, Russian interference, an all out Media campaign against her, Comey and the FBI, attacks from Bernie/Stein... to make her "lose" by only 75,000 votes. I still can't get over that.

by Anonymousreply 573July 9, 2018 12:03 AM

Once indictments are administered, they won't be yapping so much about witch hunt. Hunting is over. The media will be going wild searching for the back-stories and details. Congress, except for Nunes and company, won't be so eager to try to undermine prosecutors at that point as public opinion absorbs new evidence. The processes move to the courts. Fox will try to undermine the judicial process by attacking the prosecutors and pressuring the judges involved: but over half the population will not be in a mood for a whitewash. Hope at least some of the indictment show before the midterms; maybe late September or October.

by Anonymousreply 574July 9, 2018 1:23 AM

R574 supposedly when Manafort's trial begins on a few weeks the prosecution will open by presenting evidence that he not only colluded with Russia on behalf of the campaign but also it was a quid pro quo for lifting of sanctions. Trump will be toast!

by Anonymousreply 575July 9, 2018 1:32 AM

Especially since he will probably have already moved to lift sanctions by then R575.

by Anonymousreply 576July 9, 2018 1:52 AM

Maybe it's time to stop referring to it as collusion.

by Anonymousreply 577July 9, 2018 2:04 AM

#basta!

by Anonymousreply 578July 9, 2018 2:57 AM

What would happen if Mueller had a medical issue or a heart attack or stroke and died?

by Anonymousreply 579July 9, 2018 3:04 AM

r579....nothing....do you think Mueller is working alone ? His staff are among the top legal minds in the country.

by Anonymousreply 580July 9, 2018 3:08 AM

Mueller, for fuck's sake, throw us a bone! Tap the first domino! I'm really tired of waiting for this fat orange fuck to go down.

by Anonymousreply 581July 9, 2018 3:13 AM

[quote] Maybe it's time to stop referring to it as collusion.

WAY too late. From the start this was sold as 𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂𝑹𝒖𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 After two years nothing short will have any impact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582July 9, 2018 3:31 AM

As R543 said, Trump, through Rudy, admitted today to obstructing justice with respect to the Flynn investigation. Rudy’s argument is that it’s no big deal—laws don’t really matter. That’s what they are going with. They are trying to get out in front of the obstruction report by admitting to obstruction, in order to normalize Trump’s corruption.

by Anonymousreply 583July 9, 2018 3:31 AM

Chait's NY Mag piece is super thorough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 9, 2018 3:38 AM

The only people buying Rudy’s bullshit are a minority

by Anonymousreply 585July 9, 2018 3:56 AM

R584’s link is thorough and convincing, and Chait has a ton of mainstream credibility, so it’s not like it comes from a bombthrower like Michael Moore or Matt Taibbi (although Taibbi, much like Chait foe Glenn Greenwald, has been suspiciously pro-Putin after making his name as a critic of Dubya).

I read Chait all the time, and he’s basically a straight version of a DL poster: same politics, same tone. Just substitute his “The Simpsons” references for “The Golden Girls” and he’d fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 586July 9, 2018 4:09 AM

Link to new thread for when this fills up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587July 9, 2018 4:21 AM

R549 - I am sure that you mean well with your post, but you are wrong. I grew up in a fucked up Evangelical household with retarded parents who made the church their entire life. All of these fucktards are going to do exactly what their pastor demands - they WILL vote Republican EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME, FOREVER AND EVER. The mention of conservative SCOTUS nominations, family values and God's will is going to send them screaming and running to the voting booths in droves. Hell, they charter vans to vote together and also recruit others (true story). TRUST ME, they will vote and will vote this country down the toilet every time. Mark my words - get off your ass and vote Democrat party line - period. We need to combat these votes that are always a given for any and every Republican nominee. They are not complacent and we can not afford to be either.

by Anonymousreply 588July 9, 2018 4:51 AM

Construction and casinos, NYC and NJ. Anybody who didn't figure that Trump and the Russian Mob were connected early on, is tragically naive.

Ivamka's "fashion line" needs to be looked at for laundering rubles.

by Anonymousreply 589July 9, 2018 4:56 AM

Link to new thread for when this one maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590July 9, 2018 5:07 AM

Tell Miss Lindsey to show more leg and skin. It is mid-summer. She smiles, the world smiles.

by Anonymousreply 591July 9, 2018 10:15 AM

That hot ex-wrestler, rep from next door Ohio, can do a 'take down' with me anytime, But he better finish the job and release me with a glow. No #MezToo for me.

by Anonymousreply 592July 9, 2018 10:50 AM

Link to new thread for when this maxes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 594July 9, 2018 11:57 AM

This

by Anonymousreply 595July 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 596July 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Out.

by Anonymousreply 597July 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Going

by Anonymousreply 598July 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Going

by Anonymousreply 599July 9, 2018 11:58 AM

Gone.

Link to new thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 9, 2018 11:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!