Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Over the Iguazu Falls

poor Tina

by Anonymousreply 600November 29, 2018 1:59 AM

Did anyone accept any other Tina than Andrea Evans? Would would have made a good Tina recast? Audrey Landers was offered the role but accepted the short term role of Charlotte Hesser instead.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2018 12:27 AM

How can you have a major chanteuse like Audrey Landers on the show and not even have her sing "Manuel, Goodbye"? Judy Landers was no doubt too big a star to audition at the time.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2018 1:21 AM

r1, Karen Witter was a great recast and made the part her own. Like AE, she was not the best actress. In fact, they both had similar flaws. But she was enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2018 1:40 AM

I like Karen Witter too. I think she was accepted by most of the fans as Tina eventually. The soap mags praised her taking over the role so well also. She did make the part her own. She had elements of Evans' Tina, but made her more mature.

ABC really wanted to her to stay when she left in 1994, but she wanted to go to LA for pilot season.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2018 1:45 AM

Veteran soap writer Connie Passalacqua (aka Marlena De Lacroix) critique's Witter's take on Tina. She doesn't seem to have been a fan of Evans Tina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2018 2:05 AM

Andrea Evans' Tina brought in the ratings in the 80's. None of the other recast Tina's were ever as popular.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2018 2:07 AM

r6, that might be relative. The ratings were higher in the 80's in general. Even if AE had stayed, there was no guarantee ratings would not have taken a hit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2018 2:15 AM

I will never understand why Malone made great strides in giving Tina a little bit more depth and intelligence with Witter and then basically threw that all away when with the Tesreau recast.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2018 2:17 AM

Andrea made Tina iconic. It helped that she was a schemer who wanted in. A vixen.

When KW came in Tina had already been accepted into the world she so desperately craved. I liked Karen. Wish she had been more scheming less leading lady. Her chemistry with Cord wasn’t the same but she was great with Cain.

KT was awful. Tina was a ditz who got tricked and manipulated by everyone. She was a joke! Liked her chemistry with David but other than that she was god awful.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2018 5:52 AM

r9, but it was also the writing for KT's Tina. It's hard to believe it was the same writer who wrote KW's Tina.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2018 11:36 AM

I wonder who Slee preferred as Tina.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2018 1:47 PM

I still can't erase from my mind that KT's Tina slept with David still thinking he was her full brother, just because she was so friggin' horny for him.

YUCK!!!!!!

Pretty much ruined her whole time on the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2018 2:03 PM

Did she actually have sex with him before she found out the truth? I thought it was only heavy sexual flirting.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2018 2:12 PM

She actually did the deed with him. Yes, he knew and we (the audience) knew he was not really her brother, but she didn't know that yet and she still went to bed with him. No actual incest occurred, but it still totally grossed me out.

He finally told her the truth after they had sex. WTG David.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2018 3:11 PM

Is it true Triscuit still has lunch with Uncle Frank?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2018 6:11 PM

I liked Karen Witter. I found Andrea Evans detestable on the occasions when I would be stuck watching the ABC soaps with a dying friend one year.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2018 6:35 PM

I hated AE and hated Tina. I remember how great it was when we got a VCR and I could ff her. I didn't like any Tina. I just hated the character but the worst Tina for me was AE. I saw that actress on talk shows and it wasn't just the character. I could not stand that actress.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2018 7:06 PM

AE was iconic, you cunts

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2018 9:40 PM

Team Andrea for sure. If you fast forwarded her scenes, you probably had all of 10 minutes to watch per show. Tina WAS One Life to Live from 1985-1990. Well... in 89 on she took a slight hit with the emphasis on the Gordon sisters but still.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2018 11:10 PM

Yeah Tina from the 80s was iconic! I’m glad we got Kw in the role I did really like that version.

I hoped Andrea would return and when they brought back Tina I wished they had resurrected the definitive Tina not KT!!!

Her big returns towards the end felt like a joke. A spoof of herself. Sadly.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2018 12:22 AM

Did CJ ever come back as an adult character?

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2018 12:30 AM

So glad that Andrea DID return though. And she was the FIRST Tina and the LAST Tina!

She wore a wig because AE was ill with breast cancer.

Life has an interesting way of playing itself out.

OLTL was a huge part of my life from 85-95.

AE RULES.

AND I HOPE THAT SHE KNOWS HOW MUCH WE ENJOYED HER!

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2018 12:39 AM

Were you her stalker, r22?

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2018 12:50 AM

LOL No R23. I was not. I was 8 in 1985!

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2018 12:52 AM

Never an adult CJ despite how badly I wanted him to scheme with his mother. He was both a Lord and a Buchanan and never seen again. He could have been one half of Kish. More effective to let that soryline play out with at least one core family character. I guess with how many times they screwed up Sarah (Flash? WTF) maybe it's best CJ never came back.

Instead we got great important core characters like Brody, Rex, The Vega Brothers and The Ford Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2018 1:44 AM

r25, funny Frons was blamed for all that, yet it's exactly what Frank does on GH. Ignore the core families and recasts needed on the canvas for all random characters with no connections who then get forced insta-families.

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2018 4:17 AM

There may have been a plan at one point to bring C.J. back that was scrapped. They were mentioning him quite a bit during the summer of 2003, also when Paul Cramer was introduced, he mentioned having served in the military with C.J.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2018 4:18 AM

r27, the notorious DL insiders around 2002/2003, "Dan Wolek" and "Dr. Ivan Kipling" were always spot on. They insisted Malone planned to bring back Tina when he returned in 2003, along with CJ, following Sarah's initial return. The rumor was that Cali Timmons was tapped to play her.

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2018 4:23 AM

I would have loved a Tina return even with Cali I always felt Malone liked the character even if he didn’t fully her understand her. See KT’s Tina for proof. Malone could have made CJ interesting.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2018 4:36 AM

If anyone remembers that time, there were so many start/stop stories, certain things dropped/never explained. You could always tell how much interference there was.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2018 4:40 AM

With a few exceptions did OLTL ever get good again after 97? I feel like after the golden age that was it. I enjoyed Nora/Lindsay before Nora was basically written off and Bo paired with terrible newbies (Melanie,Paige’s)... I liked Todd/Tea and TSJ as Todd...I liked DG Kevin but never got behind any of the Kelly recasts. Liked Natalie is the real daughter sl at first until they made Natalie an evolved heroine. Blair became an idiot. The Holden’s destroyed killing of Gabrielle AND Al. No real Tina or Cord presence. What else about OLTL in the 2000s was any good???? I’m was all Mcbains and serial killer mysteries and Tess jess and Bess. Asa’s funeral I thought the shows few great moments in its later years.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2018 6:28 AM

[quote]Instead we got great important core characters like Brody, Rex, The Vega Brothers and The Ford Brothers.

Like Billy Douglas (instead of casting Ryan Phillippe as gay Joey Buchanan). Then ABC was too cheap to create the Douglases a set, so he came out to his parents at the LCC. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2018 6:34 AM

r31, Tomlin's regime had some moments, but it was nothing lasting and was mostly all high camp.

I remember the hype of Malone's return in 2003 and everything started off so promising. But it turned into a big ass mess very quickly.

Other than that, the best the show had been in the last decade was from around the time of Asa's death in 2007 when Ron took over till about summer of 2008. Then it went off the rails again and never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2018 12:52 PM

I watched OLTL again, i.e., after Billy left for Yale, from when JFP took over until Mimi Torchin spoiled the "Will Rappaport Escapes Train to Statesville" storyline, just as Elian Gonzalez weekend was beginning, Easter of 2000. The suspense that weekend lay in the "USA v. the Miami Relatives: What Happens Next?" storyline. I already knew what was going on in Llanview.

After that, I realized I was wasting my time actually [italic]watching [/italic] soaps. Why bother, when Mimi was so kind and generous, blasting spoilers on SOW covers in type so large you could read them from three aisles away? I wouldn't watch another daytime drama until 2005, when I discovered Kevin Fisher on Y&R (Greg Rikaart).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2018 1:11 PM

JFP did a lot of damage and was never cognizant of character, but I found her OLTL infinitely more watchable than anything that came after.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2018 2:53 PM

[quote]JFP did a lot of damage and was never cognizant of character.

Why, whatever do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2018 3:00 PM

Brooding Kevin played by friend of Jill’s Timothy Gibbs was hot but so wrong for the role .

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2018 3:17 PM

Tim Gibbs is not wrong for anything. The problems with the Buchanan boys lay in the writing, not the merry-go-round of actors. One of them should have been the gay boy played by Ryan Phillippe, to give one example.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2018 3:19 PM

r37, that's exactly what I meant by not cognizant of character. TG could have been brought in as someone other than Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2018 3:20 PM

Okay, I need to know: what IS "the character" of Kevin Buchanan?

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2018 3:21 PM

While not the best actor, Kevin Stapleton fit in very nicely as Kevin and the chemistry with Laura Koffman was great. JFPee did not have to mess with that. All so Gibbs could have his odd partners like that god awful Sonia Satra and then the forgettable Susan Misner.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2018 3:22 PM

I liked Kirk, Joey Thrower, Kevin Stapleton, and Dan G as Kevin. Kevin was charming and at times duplicitious. Came from money had a cetain heir of entitlement but struggled to be a good man. Brooding and angsty he was not.

Could have seen Ryan Phillippe as Joey that is until Nathan Fillion played the role and his version became the definitive Joey and no other recast ever really worked after.

Tim Gibbs could have made a good Drew recast. Bo should have had more SL with his long lost son instead we get years of him interacting with"sons" David Vickers and Rex Balsom.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2018 3:38 PM

So many bad characters under JPL days. I did like Lindsay Rappaport. Loved how she hated Nora and with good reason. We needed an unaplogetic bad girl and a new rivalry but when they began to declaw her it just didn't work. Never cared for Jenn, Sam 2, Troy/Colin, Melanie, Ben, The Davidson Sister was it Grace?, Paige...there were so many useless characters...

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2018 3:51 PM

[quote]Could have seen Ryan Phillippe as Joey that is until Nathan Fillion played the role and his version became the definitive Joey and no other recast ever really worked after.

While I agree with you, I wonder whether, if Ryan had played Joey, Joey would have stayed in town after the AIDS quilt storyline, and no one but us soap queens would know who he is today. I could have lived with that outcome.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2018 4:13 PM

Sam 2 had to be the most ludicrous recast ever. The actor was supposed to be old enough to be Nora's age and old enough to be the age of Todd's father and they pick this pipsqueak who looks 12 years old to play Sam.

Oh in answer to one of the posts above, no, OLTL was never again as good as it was in all the years up through 1997. JFP was the start of the kiss of death for that show and it just kept getting worse after her.

by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2018 11:34 PM

Hated the show revolving around the Buchanan Twins. Natalie and Jessica dominated OLTL in the 2000s. Hit or miss for both of those characters for me. Liked actresses enough but the characters never consistent!

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2018 12:49 AM

r46, the show never revolved about Jessica. It revolved around that abomination Tess. And Natalie simply became an extension of that showkiller McBane

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2018 1:58 AM

I think Tim Gibbs was good as Kevin. And Shemar Moore has an Emmy that belongs to him. But they did not ever match him with a worthy female costar. But the great rivalry with him was Todd and other than Geiger who was nice guy Kevin, Gibbs worked best against the Todd character. He played him as resentful that his mother had such a soft spot for someone who almost ruined his life. Gauthier played it similar which is why he was effective. But Gibbs is a better actor. He was decent only vs Tognoni when it came to a femal counterpart. He was excellent in the Grace storyline and was Emmy nominated but the girl that played Grace was a weak actress. I was happy when they killed her off.

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2018 2:09 AM

It can’t be overstated how hot Timothy Gibbs was. What a face. And the fact that he could act- why didn’t he have a bigger career?

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2018 2:11 AM

Agree that the bitterness Timothy Gibbs was interesting and he only worked paired with Kelly. Gina’s Kelly. He’s beautiful. Wish the Kevin / Todd was more a fleshed our rivalry so much history and potential!!!

Dan G my favorite!

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2018 2:22 AM

Stumbled on this the other day watching old episodes. Ill never understand how Jerry VerDorn beat this tape and the second one when Todd is trying to save Marty from a car crash but she won't let him touch her. Ver Dorn had a dumb comical tape with a naked Ross overcoming cold feet with Ed before marrying Blake. They had him play the opposite stereotype of woman getting frantic before the wedding. Also striking how powerful of an actor Howarth was when he tried. Him and Haskell just had it together. You can't explain it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2018 2:26 AM

I thought the show got pretty good again from 2007-2009. Certainly nowhere near as good as 80s/90’s era, but far better than the Malone redux disaster and Dena Higley stuff that aired before that. I had almost completely stopped watching for a couple of years until the summer of 2007. After that I stuck it out to the end.

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2018 2:45 AM

Yeah when Ron came on as headwriter it started to feel more like out OLTL again! It worked for a little while then the stories repeated themselves and the cast got flooded by newbiesand singing teens! RIP Asa!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2018 3:59 AM

Ron got sidetracked by the writer's strike and never fully recovered. He had some good moments, but 2009 began the real downward spiral. There was no genuine recovery after that. Todd's return provided a boost, but the story was awful.

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2018 11:37 AM

Ron did well with early Jared and Natalie and Charlie and Viki, but after the writers strike, all his writing pretty much went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2018 12:40 PM

The stuff after he returned was pretty good, the Rex/Adriana wedding, Dorian's attempted takeover of Buke enterprises, and then Nash's death. I feel like everything fell apart after that in the summer of 2008 around the time of the anniversary. There were some brief moments later in the year with the baby swith and the Marty reveal. Anything from 2009 onward was a big ass mess.

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2018 1:35 PM

I can almost pinpoint exactly when OLTL started to go to shit: It was when Rex and Gigi's son (whatever his name was) was revealed to have cancer, and he started wearing that ridiculously awful bald wig on his head. It looked so fake and pathetic I couldn't believe they expected us to buy that as his shaved head.

And then Stacy showed up and things got even worse.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2018 9:48 PM

The Rex show was the begnning of the end. Why was this character front and center? Eventually turned into a Buchanan. Ridiculous!!!

I liked Rex he should have been a supporting character at most. Where was Cj? Kevin? Joey? River? Real Core Characters.

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2018 10:27 PM

[quote]The Rex show was the begnning of the end. Why was this character front and center?

Dongtasting. But on whose part? How hairy are the Legs de Lavoisier?

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2018 10:39 PM

Rex always looked hung when they had him in boxers!

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2018 6:59 PM

I always thought JPL was a Ron favorite, but I would think he would have found the ability to bring back to DOOL then like he did KdP.

Maybe JPL was in with Frons?

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2018 10:15 PM

Yeah JPL was a Frons pet I think. He didn't work on DAYS but who knows Ron might try again. He's more charactery than a traditional soap leading man so IMO it doesn't work in romances. He's great with non-sexual relationships. Same goes for Scott Clifton but somehow he's THE leading man on B&B which is just strange.

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2018 10:50 PM

JPL has hairy legs. Ron likes him.

by Anonymousreply 63July 3, 2018 10:56 PM

They would have totally had to have change the writing for the character but Cali Timmins as Tina would have been epic. Someone like Cali just couldn't do a ditzy bimbo take on a character. She was too sleek. One of my all time favorite actresses. Daytime or otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 8, 2018 5:25 AM

It would be very hard to tell how Malone would have characterized Tina in 2003 given the hatchet job he did on his own work with Tina.

by Anonymousreply 65July 8, 2018 12:09 PM

I used to love these promos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 8, 2018 1:56 PM

I never liked Laura B. as Cassie -- the earlier Cassies had edge, guts. Laura played her as a patsy and then a nutcase (or she was written that way). She lost her ability to drive Dorian crazy.

by Anonymousreply 67July 8, 2018 4:35 PM

r67, I have a feeling a lot of that was Malone's writing, not to mention that Cassie had to be subdued in order to be the Reverend's wife. When they finally gave her the material with Kevin, Laura was great. And I loved her chemistry with Kevin Stapleton.

by Anonymousreply 68July 8, 2018 4:58 PM

I thought Bonarrigo and Strasser worked very well together

by Anonymousreply 69July 8, 2018 10:14 PM

I hearts Ivan Kipling. Especially the way he wallpapered his door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 8, 2018 11:08 PM

Damn it but I wanted so much for the story to play out about Ivan being a's bio dad. Marco knew the truth and when a started to investigate her childhood Marco tried to talk her out of it because he knew mentally the father she always imagined to be so great was Ivan. Then Paul Rauch came in and decided to destroy Marco by turning him into comic relief and end Marco and a that that was that. Never again was Ivan being her father mentioned. To this day I hate Paul Rauch. I think he died. I still hate him.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2018 1:42 AM

Such a great scene played expertly by both Slezak and Strasser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2018 1:43 AM

I fucking loved a. Especially when she had the balls to come in with her new short hairdo. I used to love when a would give Dorian the business. She was a great foil for Dorian. She was the only one who saw Dorian for what she was but liked her anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2018 2:13 AM

Was the brain chip Larry's one and only front burner story? It was a good story.

by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2018 2:17 AM

Larry was a character who should have stayed around. They could have easily built up the Woleks at some point. There were so many god awful insta-families over the years, yet no one could mine the past.

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2018 2:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2018 2:21 AM

r76, he always looked good until he opened his mouth. I remember by the end of his run, he had longer hair than Marty.

I think the Marty/Patrick/Dylan triangle had the most hair in daytime history.

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2018 2:23 AM

His nickname on the old AOL boards was the "Ficus."

Not too hard to see why.

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2018 4:39 AM

He was a dreamboat. Look at those tits.

by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2018 4:48 AM

R78 "Ficus"?

by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2018 5:35 AM

r80, as in he was a ficus tree, a piece of wood.

A BAD ACTOR.

by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2018 12:33 PM

What did everyone think of AsianBlair?

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2018 1:07 PM

Laura's Cassie was the only I was familiar with, but I thought she worked well with Dorian and Kevin. It was the last time Kevin had a decent romantic pairing. I blame Jill Farren Phelps for pushing her out and recasting Kevin with Tim Gibbs who was hunkier, but he didn't fit the role. Dan Gaulthier was fine, but I never bought his pairings with all the Kelly recasts.

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2018 1:09 PM

Dan Gauthier would have worked well with Laura and Gina. They never gave any of that a chance. There were so many missed opportunities for good story. Instead of mining the history with Kevin/Kelly/Cassie/Joey, we had to endure WTF characters like Cutter and Aubrey in more of Ron's asinine plots.

by Anonymousreply 84July 9, 2018 1:13 PM

Oh, yeah. "Ficus." That's right where my mind goes when I watch a bad actor.

He was rather unbearable, wasn't he? At least when he had his shirt on. I ran into him and Susan Haskell one day while I was walking past the OLTL studio. They were running lines with each other. She was wearing a jumper and a T-shirt. He was wearing one of his dozen denim shirts. He seemed more like a girl than she did.

by Anonymousreply 85July 9, 2018 1:18 PM

Kirk Geiger was the only Kevin who mattered. I liked Tim Gibbs—I love Tim Gibbs—but not as Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 86July 9, 2018 1:19 PM

Kirk Geiger was too short to be Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 87July 9, 2018 1:20 PM

Kirk Geiger was a suitable Kevin, but the character was never defined which is why the recasts never worked.

by Anonymousreply 88July 9, 2018 1:24 PM

You were stupid, PTB. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But then, you were the PTB who made Ryan Phillippe play some isolated character instead of Joey Buchanan, a character we cared about.

by Anonymousreply 89July 9, 2018 1:25 PM

r89, huh? Phillippe was not up for Joey. Chris McKenna had already been in the role for 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2018 1:34 PM

I miss my Jean Randolph.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2018 1:40 PM

r90 Oh, I see. I didn't start watching until the "Gay Billy" storyline happened. I thought Chris McKenna was new, too. In that case, they should have made Joey gay, and replaced Chris with Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2018 1:41 PM

Chris McKenna was very good as Joey - he did not need to be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2018 1:51 PM

I am sorry I ever took Viki for granted. When you don't get her everyday, it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2018 1:52 PM

Regardless, creating the Douglases reduced the impact of having a gay character in Llanview. Maybe it should have been Kevin, then, who was gay. As someone said, Kevin was never "defined." Number-one son of Llanview's biggest heiress sucks cock would certainly have been character-defining.

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2018 1:54 PM

I always liked Kevin. He was entitled and a bit of an antihero. His rivalry with Todd was so interesting and never fully explored. I liked most of the Kevin's. TG/Kevin miscast. Stapleton with Cassie was fun and playful despite being a homewrecker. I loved how he went after all the Cramer women. DG/Kevin could have been great with GT/Kelly or with Cassie. He should have been one of the shows leading males not off screen. Always hoped LeeAnn would have returned to exact revenge on Kevin for Duke's death (which never should have happened)!!!

Joey was a tough recast. I liked Chris in the role and wish they'd have brought him back as an adult. Nathan Fillion is the definitive Joey and all the others felt off. Could have been interesting if Joey was made the gay character and I think Ryan Phillippe could have been great in that role too.

Why the show focused just on The Buchanan Twins made no sense?!

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2018 5:37 PM

The Buchanan Twins?

by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2018 5:46 PM

Jessica/Tess and Natalie Buchanan Twins

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2018 6:03 PM

Ah, thanks. I was long gone by that point. I stopped watching in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2018 6:08 PM

I think McKenna would have fit right back in had they tried to bring him back with the last recast. I did like Tom Degnan though (especially better than Jeffcoat or BMH), but he never stood a chance with Cartooni's hack writing.

by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2018 7:19 PM

I miss OLTL. Badly.

by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2018 10:09 PM

I do to. I started watching as a fourth grader in the 70s. I started watching right at the start of Jenny's arrival. Some of the best stories around that time. My favorites were Tim and Jenny(of course), the kidnapping of Joe and Victoria's baby, and Dorian toying with Victor. Plus I loved crazy Melinda thinking she was going to be a concert pianist.

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2018 10:32 PM

I think every Friday, for about a year, the weekend teaser was the Joe and Viki's baby was finally going to be found on Monday. That was the best. Cathy Craig was one of the best wackadoodles ever.

by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2018 10:34 PM

I Miss OLTL!!! Especially the camptastic Ruach era in the mid to late 80s. Tina, Max, Bo, Sarah, Gabrielle, Cord, Asa, Renee Viki, Dorian, Clint, Megan...SO GOOD!!!

I liked the Malone days too. It's was realistic soap. Well written but not as much fun. All the new characters and families felt overwhelming when the iconic favs from the 80s were mostly gone. I grew to like Nora, Marty, and of course Todd.

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2018 10:40 PM

I always wish sometimes it was still on, but then I think, what shitfest would it be now after all these years, especially if Frank & Ron had remained at the helm.

by Anonymousreply 105July 10, 2018 1:21 AM

I hearts orange hair Anna Wolek.

by Anonymousreply 106July 10, 2018 1:25 AM

Anna Woleck’s pussy stunk!

by Anonymousreply 107July 10, 2018 7:04 AM

Who Are Some of OLTL's Best Bad Girls? Tina. Gabrielle. Alex. Lindsay. early Marty. early Blair. George Phillips. early Natalie. Niki Smith. Queen Dorian Lord. Elizabeth Sanders. Maria Roberts. Ursuala Blackwell.

What about Charlotte Hesser Miss. Audrey Landers or Yasmine Bleeth's Lee Ann Demerest?

by Anonymousreply 108July 20, 2018 5:19 PM

I loved all the Dorians but Pinkerton's Dorian was the baddest bitch any soap ever had.

by Anonymousreply 109July 20, 2018 11:24 PM

Lol OP

by Anonymousreply 110July 21, 2018 1:26 AM

Were you bitches aware there was some kind of big OLTL/AMC reunion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 29, 2018 2:49 AM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 29, 2018 2:51 AM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 29, 2018 2:52 AM

More

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 29, 2018 2:52 AM

"Tina" and "Blair"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 29, 2018 2:55 AM

Triscuit made an appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 29, 2018 2:56 AM

I preferred Mia Korf to Kassie DePaiva.

Like most Asian women, Mia has barely aged in the 25 years since she left OLTL.

Is that Krista Tesreau?

by Anonymousreply 117July 29, 2018 3:00 AM

They wanted $130 a ticked for the AMC/OLTL reunion. That's a bit steep.

by Anonymousreply 118July 29, 2018 3:04 AM

That should be "$130 a ticket"

by Anonymousreply 119July 29, 2018 3:04 AM

OMG @ Kirk Geiger

by Anonymousreply 120July 29, 2018 3:12 AM

This was no reunion with The Slee and The Strass

by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2018 3:12 AM

More pics here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 29, 2018 3:12 AM

*without

by Anonymousreply 123July 29, 2018 3:12 AM

Karen Witter looks great

by Anonymousreply 124July 29, 2018 3:13 AM

Eww. Tracy Melchior was there. She was on for like 3 months as Kelly before than canned her.

by Anonymousreply 125July 29, 2018 3:24 AM

Honestly I would have paid it without hesitation. Looks like there were a lot of stars from the past and recent years. I would have loved to have met some of them.

by Anonymousreply 126July 29, 2018 4:26 AM

How did this come about? There were a lot of random people there. Remember Kerry Nichols?

by Anonymousreply 127July 29, 2018 1:20 PM

Kevin Buchanan looks like a homeless person or at least someone who lives in a van. Erin Topey looks good. What happened to Triscuit's face? He looks like Eric Stoltz in Mask.

by Anonymousreply 128July 29, 2018 2:31 PM

Can't place all the faces. Who's the bald guy behind Erin Torpey? Is the young black woman the girl who played Tiffany, all grown up? Jason Shane-Scott looks like he's still got the body. Interesting to see them, including the actors playing secondary characters.

by Anonymousreply 129July 29, 2018 2:53 PM

I still think Chris McKenna is fuckable hunk of meat. And I still think it's a tragedy that Y&R didn't go with the obvious combustible chemistry between him and Greg Rikkart and give them a love story.

by Anonymousreply 130July 29, 2018 2:57 PM

Jason Shane-Scott still looks good, but his face is too skinny. I'm still not convinced he's straight. Did Erin Torpey even work with Melissa Archer? I thought she was already gone by the time Melissa arrived. Tom Degnan might not have been a very good Joey, but he's got an adorkable quality I like. I wonder who was there to see Tracy Melchoir or Christina Chambers.

by Anonymousreply 131July 29, 2018 3:02 PM

r131 Melissa Archer arrived in Llanview in 2001. Erin Torpey left in early 2003. So, yes, they worked together.

At the time Erin left, there was speculation that she was unhappy with what the writers had done to the Viki-Jessica relationship by inserting Natalie into the mix.

by Anonymousreply 132July 29, 2018 3:13 PM

It's a good thing, then, that she got out before the Jess-Tess-Bess-Wes mess.

by Anonymousreply 133July 29, 2018 3:15 PM

r131 clearly was not a regular viewer. Of course Torpey and Archer worked together - that was the whole crux of the story.

by Anonymousreply 134July 29, 2018 4:07 PM

Too bad hunky Mark Lawson wasn't there. Would love to see him and his abs.

by Anonymousreply 135July 29, 2018 4:09 PM

r133, I have a feeling if Erin had stayed, that story would NOT have come to fruition. Don't forget - Tess was created FOR BreeCheese because they didn't think Jessica was a "sexy" enough character for her. That was all about Bree and had nothing to do with Jessica.

It was really a shame that Jessica lost everything with the recast.

by Anonymousreply 136July 29, 2018 4:10 PM

r129, the bald guy is Terrell Tilford who played Destiny's brother in the later years.

the black woman in the group shot is Vanita Harbour who played Rika Price back in the day. She was also on GH for a while after that.

by Anonymousreply 137July 29, 2018 4:13 PM

Is the woman in the red/white Holly Gagnier?

by Anonymousreply 138July 29, 2018 4:14 PM

McKenna would have made an excellent adult Joey. More missed opportunities. It's still sickening how much potential OLTL squandered in the last decade of the show and the amount of utter crap that was churned out.

by Anonymousreply 139July 29, 2018 4:23 PM

Another OLTL cast photo from a different angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 29, 2018 4:31 PM

Terrell Tilford is absolutely HOT.

And holy fuck- Mia Korf looks fucking amazing.

You could put her back on a new OLTL right now, with a little good makeup in her eye area, and she would look identical to 25 years ago! Freaky!

I thought that the 60 year old bum looking guy was Roscoe Born!!!!! ITS FUCKING KIRK GEIGER!!!!!!!!! WOW! He needs to take some of Mia Korf's vitamins.

by Anonymousreply 141July 29, 2018 4:37 PM

Triscuit looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 142July 29, 2018 4:42 PM

Tilford used to be a hunk. I see a lot of touching between Tom Degnan and Josh Kelley.

by Anonymousreply 143July 29, 2018 4:57 PM

r143, they are very good friends. Get your mind out of the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 144July 29, 2018 5:00 PM

For someone who's fought cancer and won, Kassie looks fantastic.

Melissa Archer looks exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 145July 29, 2018 5:29 PM

So does Margaret Klenck, a Lewis, ever come to these things? I loved her character. I guess she'd be 60 something now.

by Anonymousreply 146July 30, 2018 2:06 AM

The Tinas looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 30, 2018 2:25 AM

Well it’s only been six years how much do you think Melissa Archer could have aged? Actually I think most of them still look great! Except for Kirk Geiger holy shit. I didn’t even recognize Karen Witter at first. Her hair is darker now.

by Anonymousreply 148July 30, 2018 3:52 AM

Melissa has FOUND JESUS! Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 149July 30, 2018 7:18 PM

R138 yes it's Holly. I remember her as Ivy on Days of Our Lives in the 80s, Robert Romamus, Mike Demone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Snake from The Facts of Life, played her brother named.... SPEED on Days of Our Lives in the 80s

I miss absurd soap opera character names!

by Anonymousreply 150July 31, 2018 9:40 AM

R145 I see Kassie almost EVERYDAY on Days of Our Lives, Ron Carlivati LOVES writing for her on there

She's ALWAYS frontburner

by Anonymousreply 151July 31, 2018 9:42 AM

r149, I had heard about that - sounds like some type of cult

by Anonymousreply 152July 31, 2018 11:36 AM

Where was that OLTL reunion held? NY or LA? I wonder how many people they reached out to.

by Anonymousreply 153July 31, 2018 12:15 PM

Yeah r152, it's called Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 154July 31, 2018 1:23 PM

R153 It was in LA.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2018 2:06 PM

The Triscuit still looks fuckable

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2018 2:32 PM

I liked Mia Korf too and found it an absolute delight to see the show wrote an Asian beauty as a super bitch. I found it refreshing. The same with Gabrielle as a cunning British vixen and Du Ann Demerest as an old lady villain. It was such a great spin a on the old soap villainess/temptress archetype. I did like Kassie though. More when her Blair was paired with Todd at the beginning and they were a luscious bad girl/bad boy trouble making duo instead of always mixing in the opposite good prototype cliche.

by Anonymousreply 157August 4, 2018 3:50 AM

Blair/Todd essentially made Tina and her family obsolete which was a shame. That is why there was never any investment in Tina after the mid 90s.

by Anonymousreply 158August 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Too bad. Because I would much rather have watched any version of Tina than her rapist brother.

by Anonymousreply 159August 4, 2018 1:29 PM

That's the only reason why Tina and "her" family were shipped away and never really priority again.

by Anonymousreply 160August 4, 2018 1:41 PM

KdP's Blair essentially usurped the Tina role. With the recast, Blair was no longer the fierce role that Mia Korf played - she became the sex kitten vixen that Tina was.

by Anonymousreply 161August 4, 2018 3:43 PM

When I watch KDP on Days of Our Lives as Eve, I feel like I'm watching Blair on a different soap

She plays her like Blair

And her barbs with Victor on DAYS are similar to her barbs with Asa on OLTL

by Anonymousreply 162August 5, 2018 1:03 AM

Blair was never as ditzy and dumb as Tina could be. And when it came down to it, Blair would usually do the right thing especially if it involved her children. Tina would sell her children down the river if she thought it would get her the Mendorran jewels or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 163August 5, 2018 1:13 AM

r162, it might also have something to do with the fact that RC is writing...just maybe.

by Anonymousreply 164August 5, 2018 1:57 AM

The character of Blair evolved with the two different actresses...by the end Blair was a soccer Mom being tricked by sociopaths...

Tina also evolved depending on who was playing her. I think it was easy to write her off as a ditz or dumb but I feel like that was an act so you'd underestimate her. KT/Tina was played as a complete airhead so I get why that is how Tina seemed.

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2018 10:00 PM

Speaking of La Evans, I never knew that stalker situation was so serious...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2018 10:26 PM

I remember FiHutch talking about it in some interview saying how scary it was for all of them at the time.

by Anonymousreply 167August 10, 2018 12:19 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 168August 16, 2018 3:21 AM

Ideas for an OLTL reboot? What/Who would you focus it on?

by Anonymousreply 169August 16, 2018 2:49 PM

Focus on Slee. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 170August 16, 2018 3:41 PM

Viki, Dorian, Clint, Bo, Nora, Tina, Cord, Todd, Max, Blair, Gabrielle, Marty, Kevin, Cassie, Joey, Kelly, Jessica, Victor, Tea

by Anonymousreply 171August 16, 2018 5:05 PM

Jean Randolph

by Anonymousreply 172August 17, 2018 2:24 PM

R171 has it just right

by Anonymousreply 173August 18, 2018 3:21 AM

I can't believe none of you bitches went to that mini reunion

by Anonymousreply 174August 18, 2018 12:20 PM

r171's list is fine except that I would drop Todd, Victor, Blair and Tea from it.

Had more than enough of those show hoggers when the regular show was on.

by Anonymousreply 175August 18, 2018 12:27 PM

Did anyone know Chris McKenna had a connection with JC Chasez? And isn't that Singer in this pic?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176August 18, 2018 1:22 PM

I was always curious why there was never even an attempt at a Marty-Kevin pairing. There was so much to explore. And Todd their biggest nemesis was directly involved. It's strange they never went there. Ultimately I think Kelly belonged with Kevin. Gibbs and Tognoni sold me on it. With Fillion Kelly belonged with Joey but when they made her a tragic heroine. She was a Kevin fit.

by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2018 11:43 PM

For a character Malone loved, I could never understand how he paired Marty with a one-note hick like Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2018 12:59 AM

Cute vid of Nathan Fillion surprising the DePaivas at the reunion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 19, 2018 1:00 AM

Marty should have been the Viki of the next era. They should have tied her to a Lord or a Buchanan. Not Todd. She had the most tragic and saddest story given to a major character on the show other than Viki. Susan Haskell stepped up too. They owe her gratitude.

by Anonymousreply 180August 19, 2018 1:09 AM

There's something to be said when the rapist, the rape victim and the defense attorney involved all win Emmys. The industry took notice of profound work.

by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2018 1:15 AM

No, r180. Jessica should have been the "next" Viki. But no regime could ever competently write a heroine.

by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2018 3:30 AM

So what finally happened with AE's stalker? She should introduce him to LW.

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2018 4:44 AM

Marty and Jessica should of / could of been the next Viki. I liked Kevin best with Cassie. Marty would have been interesting with Kevin considering their history! She made more sense as tragic heroine than Kelly and could have played The Kevin/Kelly drama.

by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2018 4:45 AM

I believe the stalker passed away many years ago. Seems like I read it somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 185August 19, 2018 4:56 AM

When she made her OLTL comeback in 2008, she said her stalker was elderly and was no longer a threat to her. It's very possible he's died since then.

by Anonymousreply 186August 19, 2018 5:03 AM

[quote]Marty should have been the Viki of the next era.

[quote]No, [R180]. Jessica should have been the "next" Viki.

No, Meghan. Instead of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

by Anonymousreply 187August 19, 2018 11:04 AM

Tina was a little cunt

by Anonymousreply 188August 19, 2018 3:21 PM

Had Jensen Buchanan stayed on as Sarah I could see her as the shows signature heroine!!!

by Anonymousreply 189August 19, 2018 10:23 PM

r189 was written by Jensen Buchanan.

by Anonymousreply 190August 19, 2018 11:08 PM

Nope! No WiFi in prison

by Anonymousreply 191August 20, 2018 1:35 AM

r189, Grace Phillips was so much better as Sarah and she could have actually had a lot of staying power had they not fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 192August 20, 2018 1:38 AM

Grace was great but didn’t have the chemistry with RSW/Bo. Wish they had brought Sarah back to break up Bo & Nora at some point. That would have been a triangle!!!

by Anonymousreply 193August 20, 2018 3:51 AM

Who is Jensen Buchanan?

by Anonymousreply 194August 22, 2018 12:45 PM

I found Fiona insufferable and whiny. I hated Gabrielle.

AE had an odd voice. It was as if she was always trying to speak in her head voice to sound higher and lighter. I always wished she would speak full out.

And JPL was awful. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 195August 22, 2018 1:18 PM

Why so much hate for Rex? Some if his storylines weren't the greatest and Gigi annoyed me but do people think his acting was bad?

by Anonymousreply 196August 22, 2018 5:54 PM

r195, was an AMC fan.

by Anonymousreply 197August 23, 2018 12:12 AM

OMG r196. Are you serious? He was like Chandler Bing trying to do drama.

by Anonymousreply 198August 23, 2018 1:37 AM

Does anyone remember this actor on the far left? I think his character was named Hunter maybe? He was maybe the hottest actor to ever grace OLTL. He wasn’t on long but he blew my mind as a young gayling. Anyone...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 24, 2018 11:19 AM

r199, of course. It was Leonard Stabb who then went on to do GL. He was actually very good - it was a shame that accident derailed his acting career.

by Anonymousreply 200August 24, 2018 11:36 AM

Marty should have been paired with Kevin if only for the extreme drama surrounding them.

by Anonymousreply 201August 25, 2018 4:22 AM

Leonard Stabb suffered brain damage after his hang gliding accident in 1993. He's able to walk and talk, but is still impaired in other ways from the brain damage and needs a caretaker. But he reportedly leads a happy life.

by Anonymousreply 202August 25, 2018 5:17 AM

What was the extreme drama that surrounded Kevin and Marty?

by Anonymousreply 203August 25, 2018 8:32 AM

r201, when exactly would you have paired Kevin and Marty? There was so romantic chem between KG and SH at the time of the rape story. And they never really interacted or were on the show at the same time after that.

by Anonymousreply 204August 25, 2018 2:48 PM

Marty/Kevin would not have made any sense. Is this the same troll who calls Marty "iconic" even though it was all about one storyline?

by Anonymousreply 205August 25, 2018 3:42 PM

Marty was not "iconic."

Meghan was so "iconic," they killed her off.

Stupid Frons logic.

by Anonymousreply 206August 25, 2018 3:47 PM

Susan Haskell is a superb actress, but Marty the character floundered big time with the awful Dylan romance. And the irish shit was cringe-worthy.

She did some great work when she returned and deserved much better than what they did. Trying to justify Marty going crazy over that showkilling lesbian ostrich McBANE was particularly insulting.

by Anonymousreply 207August 25, 2018 3:50 PM

Well that fact that she once accused Kevin of raping her woulda made an interesting plot point.

by Anonymousreply 208August 25, 2018 11:41 PM

Maybe Marty the character in not iconic but I'm pretty sure the gang rape story is considered a daytime triumph in any area. They all got Emmys to show for it. Judith Light is considered a daytime icon for a lesser though iconic Belle de Jour story.

by Anonymousreply 209August 25, 2018 11:55 PM

In thinking back on my years as a soap fan, I think the rape story was probably the absolute high watermark of anything else that I saw. There was plenty that I enjoyed, and plenty that was very good, but I don't know if I can think of another story that absolutely nailed everything the way it did.

It was prescient too. How much crap did Marty get for not being the "perfect" victim. I still remember Nora grilling her on the stand, asking her if she was worried people would think she was "the girl who cried wolf...or rape." And Nora's eventual anguish when she realized that she was about to get a bunch of guilty men acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 210August 26, 2018 12:01 AM

"I was not responsible for Sarah's death. I was nowhere near that accident." "No, you weren't. But you still lied about it. Doesn't that say something Miss Saybrooke? That even when you're innocent you're first impulse is to lie". Great soap writing.

by Anonymousreply 211August 26, 2018 12:55 AM

Karen Wolek’s prostitution was a far more iconic storyline. It set ratings records and was on “all time best of / most memorable lists” alongside prime time shows. Judith Light won consecutive Emmys. I wasn’t even of age during those golden years but the way the soap press and older family members talked about it- I knew I had missed something amazing. Which makes it...iconic. I watched the Marty storyline and it was great. But not iconic.

by Anonymousreply 212August 26, 2018 1:30 AM

I'd say Gang Rape and the AIDS quilt story were the high points for soaps in general. To a very slightly lesser degree Maxie's heart transplant for the memorable scene of Tony listening to little BJ's heart in Maxie. I still cry when I think of it. Oh and also Stone dying makes me tear up, especially when he says, "Robin, I can see you." Oh man, pass the tissues.

What these stories have in common are of course wonderful actors but more the best HW ever to grace soaps. They treated the viewer with respect and cared about what they wrote.

by Anonymousreply 213August 26, 2018 1:38 AM

R212. I disagree. I'm old enough to see both. Light had an iconic moment on the stand. Haskell overall was devestating in her performance. That the actress carried what happened to her character throughout her work on the show made it iconic. And made her rapist iconic. There's a lot to criticize about Hoawrth in his lazy years. But when he played Todd he played him as a deeply flawed jerk. He played the shame layer of his character quite good. He was an arrogant ass who deep down knew he was a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 214August 26, 2018 1:39 AM

[quote]Karen Wolek’s prostitution was a far more iconic storyline. It set ratings records and was on “all time best of / most memorable lists” alongside prime time shows. Judith Light won consecutive Emmys. I wasn’t even of age during those golden years but the way the soap press and older family members talked about it- I knew I had missed something amazing. Which makes it...iconic. I watched the Marty storyline and it was great. But not iconic.

I was barely alive at that point. I know that Karen Wolek was a COMMON HOOKER and I've seen the clips and Judith Light is fabulous. But in the 25-ish years that I was watching soaps, I think it's the rape story. BJ's heart being a very close second.

[quote]There's a lot to criticize about Hoawrth in his lazy years. But when he played Todd he played him as a deeply flawed jerk. He played the shame layer of his character quite good. He was an arrogant ass who deep down knew he was a piece of shit.

When he had to fess up to Tea about the baby switch on GH, he had some of his spark back. You could see the self-loathing bubbling to the surface.

by Anonymousreply 215August 26, 2018 1:46 AM

Fabulous character arc

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 26, 2018 2:05 AM

The best thing about that arc is that both Nora and Marty learned something. Marty was a slut, rich girl who had something terrible happen to her and saw how other people see her when she sought justice and Nora the slick lawyer who watched her own knee jerk judgements brought into question. It was a fine writing job to explore these things.

by Anonymousreply 217August 26, 2018 2:16 AM

Looking at that video reminds me how low soaps fell in the last couple of decades, including OLTL. Compare the Ford brothers, Tess, and Rex and Gigi with the multi-layered, brilliantly written, wonderfully acted story of Marty's gang rape.

by Anonymousreply 218August 26, 2018 2:16 AM

That was a time when character actually mattered. The later years were so embarrassing most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 219August 26, 2018 2:17 AM

The only characters Carlivati created and attempted to develop were Charlie, Jared, and Gigi very early on in his tenure. After that, they were all plot devices.

It's always interesting how many characters Malone created who became staples on the show. I can only think of one or two characters in the last decade or so that ever really felt like part of the core.

by Anonymousreply 220August 26, 2018 2:20 AM

Why was Jared dropped? And Jessica's earlier husband, the one with the winery?

by Anonymousreply 221August 26, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote]The best thing about that arc is that both Nora and Marty learned something. Marty was a slut, rich girl who had something terrible happen to her and saw how other people see her when she sought justice and Nora the slick lawyer who watched her own knee jerk judgements brought into question. It was a fine writing job to explore these things.

Another scene that has always stuck in my mind was Marty, alone in the frat house with Powell, who basically managed to assert herself and vent all of her fury while still talking him out of committing suicide. And then after talking her down, being able to stand in the bedroom where it had happened and not be afraid, because she knew no matter what else, she'd won.

by Anonymousreply 222August 26, 2018 2:25 AM

Malone did that story right. Marty, Todd and Nora were all Malone creations that lived on. Kelly next.

by Anonymousreply 223August 26, 2018 2:28 AM

r223, Malone also created Blair and David.

by Anonymousreply 224August 26, 2018 2:51 AM

r221, Jared was dropped at the altar of showkiller McBanal, because Frons decided he needed to be back together with Natalie to appease the rabid fraus. That was one decision I could never blame on RC. But now in hindsight, I expect Frank was also behind it given his apparent hard-on for Easton (which RC never shared).

Nash was killed so they would have an excuse to bring out Tess so BreeCheese could be all "sexy" again.

by Anonymousreply 225August 26, 2018 2:54 AM

I actually like Bree. But she was only good as Jessica. The actress was "hot" vs the previous Erin Torpey. But she was only effective as a victim. Her Tess never worked. It only worked with Slezak because it was so against her type. Seeing her slutty was shocking to her look. Slezak never reeked sex. But when she played Nikki early on it was disturbing because it looked wrong. In later years Nikki was only a caricature. I thought early on it was effective. Because it didn't look right.

by Anonymousreply 226August 26, 2018 3:01 AM

Slezak and earlier writers understood that Niki was a creation of Viki's mind, not a separate person. So Niki was made to be awkward. Later writers treated Niki as a different character and that when she became, as you say, a caricature. It was sad because, up until and including the arrival of Jean Randolph and the others, the writers understood the concept of multiple personalities -- they are alternate personalities of the same person.

by Anonymousreply 227August 26, 2018 1:47 PM

I think what works in that Nora scene above is that they gave her time to simply think in silence. The amount of time the camera just watched her wiping her nose and eyes and staring in the mirror would never be done today. Also, I forgot how effective RH could be. He was a chilling character.

by Anonymousreply 228August 26, 2018 1:54 PM

R213 not Marlena being possessed by the devil.on Days of Our Lives

I personally thought that was a highpoint for the soap genre too!

by Anonymousreply 229August 26, 2018 3:32 PM

Oh no. Ellen Holly is back in a new interview. She brings up Lil’s tercel and the blonde who wasn’t happy at the 15th anniversary party at Tavern on the Green. Slee’s going to be pissed!

by Anonymousreply 230September 8, 2018 1:47 AM

EH did some off a little koo koo in that interview at times. She's far from the only person that got lowballed on a Soap (or elsewhere in entertainment for that matter). How did she know for sure what the other actors were making? She wasn't a naïve ingénue new to the business, she should've had a lawyer or one of her actor friends who worked in Television to look over her contract before signing it. And I doubt this some grand scheme cooked up by Nixon, just because she was black.

I will say though, she looks great for 87. Much better looking than Slee.

by Anonymousreply 231September 8, 2018 2:09 AM

I call bullshit that Jean Arley got fired for putting EH and Lil front and center for the 15th anniversary. Arley didn’t get fired until a year AFTER the 15th anniversary, and she got fired because the ratings were way down. OLTL was the weak link between AMC and GH. Viewers abandoned ABC from 2-3. That is why Arley was fired. That’s just one example of Holly’s misconceptions. Also, there was no way in hell that Lil Hayman was driving herself to work when she got fired. Lil could barely even walk by then let alone walk to a parking garage and drive herself around NYC. Oh Ellen, why are you making stories up.

by Anonymousreply 232September 8, 2018 2:20 AM

Oh snap. She just refers to Slee as "third Viki"

by Anonymousreply 233September 8, 2018 2:47 AM

Slee should clap back.

by Anonymousreply 234September 8, 2018 2:52 AM

Make sure you locked your car: I was just in the underground garage and I think I heard Slee screaming "This way, Paul! She's over here!"

I think I heard bloodhounds but that might have been La Strassman.

by Anonymousreply 235September 8, 2018 3:07 AM

I believe her about Rauch. He was a sadistic pig.

by Anonymousreply 236September 8, 2018 4:03 AM

R232 OLTL was top 3 in the ratings in the 80's multiple times. And got a lot of attention in 90s for big stories. How was it the weak link?

by Anonymousreply 237September 8, 2018 4:14 AM

Ellen is wrong about Agnes having anything to do with Port Charles.

by Anonymousreply 238September 8, 2018 8:43 AM

Is there a link to this Ellen Holly interview?

by Anonymousreply 239September 8, 2018 9:07 AM

R237 In 1983 and especially in early 1984, OLTL’s ratings fell from #3 in all of daytime (including game shows) to as low as #11 some weeks. When they hit #11, that is when Arley was fired and Rauch brought in.

by Anonymousreply 240September 8, 2018 9:36 AM

Ratings info by year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241September 8, 2018 10:55 AM

r237, you are thinking of the late 80s. Jean Arley was let go in 1984, and the show was floundering a bit then. Nevertheless, OLTL was always viewed as the "red-headed step child" in the ABC lineup. That was the running gag.

I always found it humorous that Holly seems to have so much vitriol toward Slezak when she did not even become the "central star" until Rauch came aboard basically after Holly exited.

by Anonymousreply 242September 8, 2018 12:33 PM

Yes, those are yearly average ratings. My point is that there were certain weeks in 1984 where OLTL fell out of the Top 10 in all of daytime so ABC replaced Jean Arley with Paul Rauch - a full year after OLTL’s 15th anniversary. I highly doubt Ellen Holly’s story about why Arley was fired. It was purely ratings related and not because of a photo that Arley had taken a year earlier.

by Anonymousreply 243September 8, 2018 12:33 PM

Yes some of her stories seem out of sync with the timeline, but here is a link for r239. It's divided into parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244September 8, 2018 12:35 PM

Slee was pretty blunt with her take on all of Ellen Holly's stories: "Yeah, that's bullshit."

by Anonymousreply 245September 8, 2018 12:46 PM

I thought everyone loved Slee

by Anonymousreply 246September 8, 2018 12:54 PM

r246, think again, there are people on this THREAD who don't like Slee.

They take any chance they can get to bash her.

by Anonymousreply 247September 8, 2018 1:04 PM

Usually when one person has issues with pretty much everyone they come in contact with, the problem lies with that person (Holly) and not everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 248September 8, 2018 1:10 PM

If you didn't like Slee, what was the point of watching?

by Anonymousreply 249September 8, 2018 1:11 PM

I wasn't watching back then but the way she spoke of that actor they hired to play "Jack Scott" - that was so odd. She was visibly trembling.

by Anonymousreply 250September 8, 2018 1:12 PM

Which interview does she specifically say 3rd Viki and in which one does she talk about the actor who played Jack scott? I watched the one about Paul Rauch. Yikes. He sounds like a charmer. And he hated her voice? But elevated Andrea Evans to the main star? Don’t get wrong, I loooooved Tina at her peak but I wouldn’t say her voice was dulcet.

by Anonymousreply 251September 8, 2018 1:33 PM

r249, good question. ES was OLTL pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 252September 8, 2018 2:12 PM

r251, the one about Jack Scott was in the part about "why she left the first time"

by Anonymousreply 253September 8, 2018 2:13 PM

Some of you seem to forget that Slee only became the "star" after Rauch came in. She wasn't the central figure that she became in the later years.

by Anonymousreply 254September 8, 2018 2:14 PM

That's bullshit r254, ES was front and center on the show throughout the 70's; long before Rauch showed up in the 80's.

You're just trying to diminish her importance to the show.

by Anonymousreply 255September 8, 2018 2:17 PM

r255, all I said was that she was not the "star" that she later became.

by Anonymousreply 256September 8, 2018 2:20 PM

I remember Meredith and Larry hanging out in Viki's kitchen in 1968. Was that not Slee?

by Anonymousreply 257September 8, 2018 2:20 PM

Poor Lil getting fired while limping along to her tercel after a hard day’s work. That is the true untold story here.

by Anonymousreply 258September 8, 2018 2:33 PM

I love Slee, but you have to question her sometimes in that the two producers she loved the most - Rauch and JFP - were misogynistic blowhards.

by Anonymousreply 259September 8, 2018 2:34 PM

It's not difficult to believe her racism claims, especially back then given that we know it still goes on now. Victoria Rowell, anyone? Everyone labeled her as crazy but now all this stuff is coming to light which it makes it all sound true. If Moonves did it to someone like Sarah Brown, imagine if others pissed him off.

by Anonymousreply 260September 8, 2018 2:57 PM

Rauch and JFP were 2 of the most successful producers in daytime. They both had long careers. Jean Arley, not so much. Can you imagine dealing with a cast of 30-40 if they were all like the nutcase Ellen Holly? Strangling directors? There’s no excuse for that. Imagine dealing with Holly x30. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 261September 8, 2018 2:57 PM

I just can’t with all these ‘poor me’ victims like EH and Sarah Brown complaining about everything including their pay. They signed the fucking contracts! If you don’t like the pay, don’t sign the contract! And really, Les Moonves is gonna concern himself with Sarah Brown??? Really? Sarah Brown??? He probably doesn’t even know who the F she is. She admits that she never met him. But he’s gonna burn her house down not once but twice??? Really? These women are koo koo.

by Anonymousreply 262September 8, 2018 3:04 PM

r261, you can't be serious. Do you need to be reminded of how many successful people with long careers have just been put on blast with all the horrible behavior?

by Anonymousreply 263September 8, 2018 3:04 PM

r262, do you even know the backstory with SJB before you start labeling her as crazy? GMAFB. It's people like you who defend the bad behavior that allow it to continue.

by Anonymousreply 264September 8, 2018 3:05 PM

Read SJB’s tweets. Its not difficult to conclude that she’s as nutty as Holly and Rowell - whose lawsuits were thrown out of court how many times?? They all sound nuts. Add Dickson in there too. Good for Les for getting a $100 mil payout while these nutty actresses have nothing.

by Anonymousreply 265September 8, 2018 3:10 PM

The crazy deplorable fraus have entered this thread.

by Anonymousreply 266September 8, 2018 3:12 PM

I find the EH videos fascinating, and I watched OLTL -- on and off -- since the beginning. I remember the Friday when seemingly white Carla Benari bumped into black Sadie Gray and said "Mama?" Talk about cliff hangers!

Some of the video materials is insightful. It's also interesting to watch an 87-year-old mind at work, sometimes struggling with words but having clear concepts in her head. Also, she has well defined interpretations of the past (also probably well rehearsed in her mind). She's very intelligent, but her interpretations may not be consistent with the interpretations of others, or of the truth. Perhaps most interesting was her belief that, because Agnes Nixon told her that the Grays were a tentpole family (like the Lords, Woleks, Siegels, and Rileys), she believed she would have a permanent job, across decades. It's a little bit much: didn't she see that the Siegels and Riley's vanished, and Vinny Wolek and Meredith Lord were killed off? Nothing is forever. It is true that her story got huge media coverage in 1968 and she did help, through Agnes Nixon's storytelling, put OLTL on the map when it began. But it would have been terribly naive or foolish to believe that that would guarantee her a permanent job. With regard to Paul Rauch's complaint about her voice, way back when I found her voice kind of peculiar too. Wavery and little hard to listen to. But I throught she did a great job as an actress, knowing nothing about what was going on behind the scenes. One can only imagine what it felt like to be a young beautiful light-skinned black woman on a soap in 1968. It had to have been grueling. People complain today about micro-aggressions -- she was one of the pioneers for black actors and actresses, in the same category as Diahann Carroll in nighttime TV and Lena Horne in movies.

by Anonymousreply 267September 8, 2018 3:26 PM

R2765

Fuck you! You may or may not believe SJB but you're commending Moonves for his huge pay out??

That is grotesque just based on his non-SJB behavior.

by Anonymousreply 268September 8, 2018 9:40 PM

SJB is nuts. Perpetual victim. Rolls eyes. She’s a nobody. Moonves wouldn’t even know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 269September 9, 2018 12:01 AM

r269 = Mo Benard

by Anonymousreply 270September 9, 2018 2:10 AM

Why is this GH crap on the OLTL thread?

BEGONE GH PEOPLE! BACK TO YOUR OWN THREAD!

by Anonymousreply 271September 9, 2018 12:54 PM

Can we discuss some OLTL mysteries? Why was Tina and Cord's son never introduced into the show? Why did the kill off Kevin's son, who would have been linked to both the Lords and the Buchanans? Why did the turn Eli (played by a charming and handsome actor) from Blair's plaything into a serial murderer? Who, in the end, was Aubrey, the blond who lured Joey Buchanan into marriage? And who did the Ford brothers have to fuck to get their jobs on the show?

by Anonymousreply 272September 9, 2018 1:00 PM

r272, mysteries for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 273September 9, 2018 1:34 PM

r272, are they really all mysteries?

The show had zero interest in actually building up the Lords or Buchanans in the later years, hence why there was no CJ or even a permanent place for Tina. They barely cared about Kevin, let alone his son. The only real effort to infuse those characters back into the canvas in the last decade was by Malone/Griffith in 2003, but that all fell apart.

Eli turned into a psycho because Ron and Frank were hacks. That was always Ron's go to plot - have someone turn psycho to explain bad plot points. He never wrote any character consistently and their personalities/motivations changed based on Ron's latest whim or Frank's latest casting decision or Frons' latest mandate.

No one gave a fuck about Aubrey or the Fords - the mess of characters they tried to push on the audience toward the end was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 274September 9, 2018 1:56 PM

Ellen HATES Slee!! "The 3rd Viki".... These videos are compelling and I believe a lot more of what Ellen says after watching them.

I will NEVER believe "Get those b---k bi--hes out of my face" comment. Say what you want about Erika, but she would never say or think those things.

I do sense that Erika is far more standoffish than people realize, and you can tell that Ellen knows that Erika got a high powered Hollywood agent through her father.

You can tell from reading interviews through the years that Erika is pretty goddamned boring in real life, and that her professional life remained at work- there was not much intermingling of the two.

by Anonymousreply 275September 9, 2018 3:39 PM

I think we confuse actors with their characters especially if they are associated with a singular role for decades.

I always viewed ES as patrician & semi stick in the mud a la Vikki .

At a recent fan event Howarth was asked to tell something we'd be surprised to know about ES.

He said she once told the bluest most profane joke he's ever heard. He said she made him blush it was so blue.

He also said he loved working with her & she's a wonderful actress.

by Anonymousreply 276September 9, 2018 4:42 PM

Hey Ellen Holly. If you’re not happy with the pay, don’t sign the contract!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 277September 9, 2018 5:36 PM

Ellen Holly really is a NUT! So bitter because of her own inactions. So many inconsistencies and untruths in her interview. Agnes Nixon had nothing to do with Port Charles. I COULD SCREAM THAT AT HER!!

by Anonymousreply 278September 9, 2018 5:51 PM

There were rumors that they were planning on bringing CJ back and have him be gay. Don't know if it would've worked out since both Sarah's flopped.

by Anonymousreply 279September 9, 2018 8:05 PM

ES had big Hollywood agents and OLTL was the best they could do for her??

by Anonymousreply 280September 9, 2018 9:38 PM

I loved RH Todd and Viki’s relationship!!!

Yeah I hated that we didn’t get a CJ! Not enough Kevin or Duke!

by Anonymousreply 281September 9, 2018 11:45 PM

r274, During its last decade, the writers and producers of OLTL were far more interested in exploring Todd's wives and ex-wives, and his various offspring than they were in exploring more of Viki or Tina's children. That's the simple truth. OLTL became the Todd show and only people directly involved with him got any kind of air time or plot development during that time.

Blame Frank, blame Ron, blame Frons, blame whomever you like, but the truth is they were ALL pretty much responsible for what happened to OLTL in its last decade on the air.

by Anonymousreply 282September 10, 2018 12:20 AM

Todd and Viki were my favorite scenes, until RH came back as comic relief. The 1994-1998 Todd/Viki scenes were amazing. I could never decide which I loved more, Viki/Todd or Viki/Dorian. Nothing else came close to either.

by Anonymousreply 283September 10, 2018 2:43 AM

The Slezak has mentioned many times how much she loved Roger Howarth. He was so good at the beginning of his tenure. Susan Haskell, Hillary Smith, Slezak and even Robert S Woods were never better. They all engaged him in such a great actor way. I always loved watching Howarth once again dealing with Woods.

by Anonymousreply 284September 10, 2018 2:48 AM

I always hated that any relationships Viki had with her sons were sacrificed for Todd.

by Anonymousreply 285September 10, 2018 2:48 AM

R285. That's where I always thought something was amiss. Jill Ferrin Phelps always included Kevin's disdain about Viki's love for Todd. But it was never truly explored. When they had a great shot too. Todd almost ruined Kevin's life. And he had every reason to hate him. Yet they only explored it with Tim Gibbs

by Anonymousreply 286September 10, 2018 2:57 AM

r286, the Todd/Kevin stuff was also there a bit with Kevin Stapleton and the Labines.

by Anonymousreply 287September 10, 2018 3:06 AM

All the time that Bo was police commissioner he never solved a single crime. Somebody else always did and he just showed up to arrest them.

by Anonymousreply 288September 10, 2018 3:42 AM

A Kevin / Todd rivalry should have been fully played out. Tina and Viki and their kids could have interacted with Todd. I think OLTL’s Problem was all the useless non core characters that came and went through the years.

Tina and Gabrielle should have always been on the canvas. They killed off core children and replaced them with Natalie, Rex, Adriana...

by Anonymousreply 289September 10, 2018 4:11 AM

Tim Gibbs made my pussy swell up.

by Anonymousreply 290September 10, 2018 10:42 AM

r289, Tina, like Kevin and to a lesser extent Joey, was a character who got usurped by Todd.

by Anonymousreply 291September 10, 2018 11:35 AM

R282

Are you high? The show focused on Todd & didn't focus on Vikki's children ??

The show became the Jess & Natalie show.

by Anonymousreply 292September 10, 2018 12:38 PM

Is Carla Gray Hall coming back to the show?

by Anonymousreply 293September 10, 2018 1:24 PM

I am so glad a couple of them turned Ron and Frank down in the end. Could you imagine that tongue-in-cheek hack tainting a great story like Carla's?

by Anonymousreply 294September 10, 2018 1:36 PM

I was always moved by Haskell's cast mates reaction to her first Emmy win. There was so much pride and joy and Laura Bonoriggo was actually tears eyed knowing that this woman had really worked her ass off that year and gave an indelible performance for months. It's one of the few times the Emmys got it just right. And Haskell could've won even Lead Actress that year had Smith not been such a strong force in that story and handed an unbeatable episode we saw up thread.

by Anonymousreply 295September 15, 2018 5:22 AM

Amen R295- I was a a young gayelle and was never so excited for an Emmy show like I was in 94. I knew that OLTL would sweep. The fact that the show was not nominated for Best Series was BEYOND A JOKE, as it would have won.

Susan was one of daytime's top 10 best actresses ever. Raw and compelling. And frankly, I thought her performance in 08-09 was as good, if not better. Everyone was saying Morgan would take it, but Susan had some of the greatest episodes I had ever seen (even though the storyline was over the top and not the greatest, she sold it along the lines of Fiona Hutchison. I knew it was hers.

OLTL always had the most committed actresses- No matter the storyline, the actresses gave everything they had.

by Anonymousreply 296September 15, 2018 7:00 AM

The Haskell troll is funny.

by Anonymousreply 297September 15, 2018 12:50 PM

R294 right? Have you been watching Ron's writing on DAYS?

Ridiculous is an UNDERSTATEMENT

by Anonymousreply 298September 15, 2018 1:02 PM

The problem with Ron has always been execution and possessing zero nuance. However, the Frank+Ron combo was clearly an even worse recipe.

I look at an episode like Friday's DOOL, and I think - ok, someone *gets* it. But how in the hell can they only *get it* for one or two episodes? I want to praise Ron after watching that bit of classic soap, playing life and death, family, simplicity - but I know it's only a flash in the pan.

by Anonymousreply 299September 15, 2018 3:00 PM

Remember when they tried to recreate the falls in 2008 with someplace in upstate NY?

by Anonymousreply 300September 16, 2018 1:55 PM

#Neverforget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 17, 2018 1:57 PM

Tina’s pussy stunk!

by Anonymousreply 302September 17, 2018 2:21 PM

Today I saw someone tweet a photo of Todd, Marty & the other frat boys.

They tweeted-- Michael Malone didn't just pen an amazing soap opera but a fucking documentary.

Sad but true!

by Anonymousreply 303September 27, 2018 12:18 AM

Very true. Look at what's going on with the SCOUS nominee. It seems there is sworn testimony that at Todd's age he too was involved in gang rape, not just one time, but over and over again. MM was knew these things were very real to life and so was his writing and the acting of all involved in the story.

by Anonymousreply 304September 27, 2018 1:19 AM

Yes, the tweet was in reference to this Kavanaugh/Judge fiasco

by Anonymousreply 305September 27, 2018 1:49 AM

The 93-95 evolution of the Lord of the Banner/Victor's murder trial/Viki's DID was so carefully plotted, I remember being enthralled and can still go back to it and see exactly why. From Viki's self-righteousness to her breakdown, it was so layered. Strasser was mesmerizing throughout that story. And Slezak took Viki everywhere and back without missing a beat.

by Anonymousreply 306September 27, 2018 2:21 AM

Best stories ever told on TV, let alone daytime, 1991 -96 OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 307September 27, 2018 2:44 AM

Let's be fair - Malone had his clunkers. There were a lot of B stores which weren't often done as well.

by Anonymousreply 308September 27, 2018 3:13 AM

You know what's funny? Krista Tesreau usually gets a lot of negativity as Tina, but she was probably the best actress of the 3 - AE, KW. I was re-watching some of the David fallout on YT and she was surprisingly effective with emotional material.

by Anonymousreply 309September 27, 2018 3:15 AM

Malone really screwed up Tina during the Krista run. I think she was horrible but I think it was out of character bad writing!

by Anonymousreply 310September 27, 2018 3:54 AM

The story for Tina was a complete dud, but Krista was a good actress and did well with what material she was given.

Malone could have easily had Tina playing David so it didn't ruin the character, but he was already laying the groundwork for Todd to be Viki's number one (barf)

by Anonymousreply 311September 27, 2018 4:12 AM

Tesreau was well-liked behind the scenes and many were surprised when she was abruptly fired. They brought her back briefly twice though before writing Tina off the canvas.

by Anonymousreply 312September 27, 2018 4:27 AM

r312, I'm pretty sure Tesreau left on her own.

by Anonymousreply 313September 27, 2018 12:14 PM

R313 I remember the soap press making it sound like she was fired.

by Anonymousreply 314September 27, 2018 1:08 PM

I liked her Tina -- less camp than Evans. The plot with David was at least entertaining. They had good chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 315September 27, 2018 10:52 PM

Slezak was so good here as Viki really came undone and began to morph.

Fillion and Strasser had so much chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 27, 2018 10:54 PM

Those stories make me feel like Llanview is the lost continent of Atlantis. So glorious in its day, now lost to us.

by Anonymousreply 317September 27, 2018 11:19 PM

I was okay with the Tina who ended up blurting out the truth to Todd about him being a Lord. I didn't like the Tina character or any of the actresses but that one I could at least tolerate for a few moments at a time.

by Anonymousreply 318September 27, 2018 11:20 PM

It's was so pathetic that the later years had no room for Cord, Kevin or Joey in any stable way.

by Anonymousreply 319September 28, 2018 3:14 AM

Tesreau was never Tina for me (Witter did ditzy but mature well, Evans was indelible as campy). But that Vickers story did her no favors, and they could easily have written her being bright and ahead of David, but instead she came off as an idiot and a slut.

by Anonymousreply 320September 28, 2018 3:51 AM

If SoapNet were still around, ABC should be airing the May 1993 OLTL episodes where Brett Kavanaugh, errr, Todd Manning, along with Powell Lord and Zach Rosen, raped Marty Saybrook,

As it it, ABC should still air those episodes now.

by Anonymousreply 321September 28, 2018 5:12 AM

Why r321? So they can glorify more rapists?

by Anonymousreply 322September 28, 2018 11:48 AM

Are you not keeping up with current events, r322?

Much of what Christine Blasey Ford described in her testimony on Thursday is what we saw in those OLTL episodes from 1993. Re-air them so the public can better understand how a frat boy gang rape occurs and how it can affect the person being assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 323September 28, 2018 12:01 PM

And it can also remind viewers how the show later went on to make that gang rapist leader into a major character and a romantic leading man; eventually letting him take over the whole show.

Yeah, no thanks, watched it the first time around, have no desire to see it again.

by Anonymousreply 324September 28, 2018 12:10 PM

Thank you, r324. r323 is clearly delusional about the outcome of that story.

by Anonymousreply 325September 28, 2018 12:30 PM

I too was so enthralled with this story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326September 28, 2018 1:47 PM

I still cannot believe OLTL did not win a Best Show emmy during the 1992-1995 era. That is criminal.

by Anonymousreply 327September 28, 2018 2:36 PM

r324, r325 I didn't say air the whole thing. I said air the gang rape episodes. No where in my post did you see anything said about airing the trial or anything that came after that. Just the gang rape.

I merely suggested airing the week's worth of episodes of the gang rape (or how many episodes that it took to air them) to illustrate the scenario Christine Blasey Ford described in great detail in her testimony.

by Anonymousreply 328September 28, 2018 8:19 PM

R327- The show wasn't even FUCKING NOMINATED from 1992-1995- EVEN WORSE!!!

The show didn't evenget a nomination the year it SWEPT The Emmys in 1994 (for 93-94)!

by Anonymousreply 329September 28, 2018 10:25 PM

The 94 omission was especially odd considering Malone won for writing that year.

by Anonymousreply 330September 29, 2018 2:15 AM

Slezak and Strasser are really unparalleled as a duo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 29, 2018 2:44 AM

The gang rape episodes were actually chilling. The whole sequence was directed with excellent imagery for a soap opera. The window shutter flapping back and forth as she is being assaulted conveying they the intercourse and the teddy bear falling off the shelf after the first attacker was done implied the loss of innocence of any kind was masterful for daytime. There's no way OLTL should not have wont the Emmy for show that year. And they weren't even nominated either despite being the talk of daytime. Also yes they made Todd a major character but people that state that always seem to fail to mention that other than Viki, Jessica, Starr and Blair no character on that show through his entire run ever let him forget he was a rapist.

by Anonymousreply 332September 29, 2018 11:54 PM

Can someone please suck it and make it better?

by Anonymousreply 333September 29, 2018 11:56 PM

r332, just give it up already. Some loved the gang rape episodes, and some hated them. At this point, what does it even matter? It was a long time ago and the show has been gone for a long time now as well.

Just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 334September 30, 2018 12:23 AM

R332

Do you remember what soap won that year & for what story?

by Anonymousreply 335September 30, 2018 12:23 AM

All My Children for nothing in particular.

by Anonymousreply 336September 30, 2018 12:24 AM

R334 if you think it doesn't matter and the show is done so why talk about it then maybe you should consider not visiting a thread about it.

by Anonymousreply 337September 30, 2018 12:28 AM

r337, Cool your jets. I came here to read posts about OLTL in general, not the gang rape in particular. You're the one who keeps going on about it and I'm just giving my opinion about how I feel about it.

Last time I checked this was not the "OLTL gang rape memories" thread.

by Anonymousreply 338September 30, 2018 12:56 AM

R338 hall monitor alert. She gets to decide what stories you can and can't talk about.

by Anonymousreply 339September 30, 2018 1:03 AM

r332, are you delusional? This show glorified Todd and rape became a running joke, especially under Ron.

by Anonymousreply 340September 30, 2018 3:25 AM

I found Gottlieb and Malone's OLTL a complete mixed bag. The B stories and B characters were absolutely hokey, boring, and cliched.

The only B character who worked was the brilliantly revamped Alex!

Suede? Luna's idiot brothers? There were endless middle of the road and boring episodes and characters.

However, the gang rape and Viki's alters storyline were absolutely cinematic level production and writing. Gottlieb's massive production value improvements (she overhauled everything) served those stories extremely well.

The only time during Gottlieb and Malone's run where the show went to the top 3 was the summer of Marty's rape trial. Top 3 and Top 4 for 4-6 weeks if my memory serves.

I am still a Rauch era fan, by far. And there is NO Tina but Andrea Evans. This Krista Tesreau love above BAFFLES me. She was atrocious. As was the writing and her storyline. I would rather blame that, but she had ZERO charisma on this show.

by Anonymousreply 341September 30, 2018 1:34 PM

r341, Gottlieb had left by the time the DID story began.

by Anonymousreply 342September 30, 2018 1:43 PM

I loved all of the music cues under Gottlieb.

by Anonymousreply 343September 30, 2018 1:45 PM

R342- The show kept all of the production values (lighting, music, etc) that Gottlieb implemented until JFP in 97/98. JFP changed the music, made the cinematic lighting even DARKER...

by Anonymousreply 344September 30, 2018 2:04 PM

Gottlieb's music fit the show. It was classy and cinematic.

I fucking LOVED Score Productions Rauch era music. It was so 80's, so dramatic, just perfect. Tina's theme song was one of the best themes in all of soaps.

Gottlieb's OLTL was classy. And overall, boring.

Rauch's OLTL was trashy, and overall, addictive.

by Anonymousreply 345September 30, 2018 2:06 PM

I wonder if Gottlieb had remained, if the gang storyline would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 346September 30, 2018 2:06 PM

There was something so mesmerizing about Strasser's Dorian in that 93-95 era which she often doesn't get credit for.

by Anonymousreply 347September 30, 2018 2:08 PM

Malone needed someone to "reel him in" for the most part. The Angel Square/gang story, much like his Santi story, was likely fine in concept but did not translate on screen. The show was much more a dichotomy in 1995 after Gottlieb left, because you had must see tv on side (the DID story) and a clunker on the other (AS).

by Anonymousreply 348September 30, 2018 2:13 PM

I don't think the Billy Douglas story gets enough credit. It may have been timid by 2018 standards, but it was astonishing by 1992 ones.

by Anonymousreply 349September 30, 2018 2:33 PM

I loved the character of Andrew. I hate that OLTL (and soaps in general) lost any sense of 'good' characters.

Malone was the last writer to truly develop characters, Luna, the original Blair, Andrew, Marty...they were all so multi-dimensional.

But yes, he did have his clunkers.

by Anonymousreply 350September 30, 2018 2:42 PM

Tina and and her bastard child Milagro were so ungrateful.

by Anonymousreply 351September 30, 2018 2:43 PM

I confess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 30, 2018 2:45 PM

Andrew was one of my favorite characters. I loved that Malone touched on religion. He was an incredibly humane writer who touched on humane subjects. Andrew was wonderful and Wortham Krimmer was so underrated.

And on the flip side, Carlo and Alex were the dark underworld of life- with their S&M sex life and Pizzi's Honor vibe. They were probably the only B story that I thoroughly enjoyed. Remember Bulge Hackman! lol

by Anonymousreply 353September 30, 2018 2:52 PM

I also loved Max & Luna at the time. I understand how older viewers probably didn't "get" it or thought it wasn't really in line with the Max character.

by Anonymousreply 354September 30, 2018 2:54 PM

I always found it funny that Slezak didn't care for Gottlieb or what she did for the show when Viki actually flourished for the most part. I suppose she could be differentiating between production values and the writing (Malone whom she liked).

by Anonymousreply 355September 30, 2018 2:57 PM

I was in college during part of the gang rape story and every TV was tuned in to it. During the summer everyone was either recording it or watching it live when they could. Yes, mostly women but also a hell of a lot of guys, straight guys. Those that made jokes or comments about Marty or were on the side of the accused rapists were not looked kindly on by the females in the groups.

It was something amazing that I'd never thought I'd see on TV, let alone a soap.

Until 1998, even though he was in a romance with Blair and then Tea that Todd was a rapist was never brushed over, especially not by Todd. After Howarth came back in 2000 it was one disgusting smear of the amazing gang rape story over and over again, to the point of Gary Tomlin selling a fucking Todd doll that bore the scar Todd got while trying to rape again. I expected no less disgust from the OLTL producing/writing teams who were around from then till the end but lost all respect for Howarth for going along with it when he fought so hard for integrity for his character until the summer of 1998 when JFP started the beginning of the end of OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 356September 30, 2018 4:04 PM

R356! Too funny. I posted above about OLTL hitting Top 3 that summer (for first time in 4 years) In fact, the last time OLTL hit the Top 3 was during Mendorra in February of 1990 (I know random things OLTL related)

Anyway, same here! I was in 11th grade, and everyone was talking about the storyline that September after the trial aired that summer, including guys.

by Anonymousreply 357September 30, 2018 4:52 PM

I think they ought to bring Tina lord (with Andrea playing her) over to GH. It would liven things up over there!

by Anonymousreply 358September 30, 2018 5:15 PM

r358, Frank could not even be bothered to keep Tina around Llanview, let alone bring her to GH.

by Anonymousreply 359September 30, 2018 5:16 PM

I think Andrea didnt come back to OLTL was because it was shot in New York. GH is shot in L.A. where she lives. They actually wanted her back many times thru the years but because of Frons, or Andrea appearing on Passions, it never happened......except for a six month stint around the shows 40 year anniversary.

by Anonymousreply 360September 30, 2018 5:31 PM

I think Ron was probably the one who pushed for her return. How ironic that he fucked it up.

by Anonymousreply 361September 30, 2018 5:35 PM

I knew someone who worked on OLTL, Frons fucked up the show not Ron. He also had them dump Andrea in 2008 because with her living in L.A. , she had to shoot her scenes all at the same time, which was a huge inconvenience for the show. She was willing to stick around as reccuring..........

by Anonymousreply 362September 30, 2018 6:01 PM

r362, we all know Frons was god awful, but do not excuse Ron for that awful "story"

by Anonymousreply 363October 1, 2018 1:14 AM

Frons got rid of AMC and OLTL on the same day! He was orgasming!!!

by Anonymousreply 364October 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Funny how he was gone right after - coincidence? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 365October 1, 2018 3:15 AM

I would love for someone to give the real intel on what went down at ABC. Was Frons intentionally killing those shows by a mandate, like it has been long rumored with the P&G soaps?

Were they really trying to "save" AMC by bringing it to LA?

Could they have kept OLTL if not for the embarrassment of canceling AMC first?

by Anonymousreply 366October 1, 2018 2:16 PM

Frons wanted to dump OLTL for several years. OLTL was the the bastard stepchild of ABC soaps, even though it was the gayest and the best. Tina really was one of the most popular daytime characters in the 80s, even more so than Erica, Reva and Viki. The original plan was to dump OLTL, put on a talk show, they filmed pilots (one with Aisha Tyler) and keep AMC, which is why they moved AMC to California. AMC's ratings tanked worse than OLTL, AMC was a more expensive show than OLTL, which is why Frons pulled the plug on both. OLTL was actually ABC's highest rated soap when they cancelled it. Rumor was Frons wanted to cancel GH at the same time too. HUGE MISTAKE, ABC got nothing but bad press. They could have gotten away with canning one or the other, but both at the same time was a disaster. Another rumor was that NBC was looking into picking up OLTL, but ABC shot that down very quickly......

by Anonymousreply 367October 1, 2018 4:22 PM

They moved AMC to California in hopes to get rid of many vets as possible. I don't think they expected that most were willing to relocate or commute. They only got rid of Ray MacDonnell and David Canary that way (due to age and heath reasons) who didn't want to move or commute.

Supposedly, their was a major screw up on the lease on the building they used for the studio in LA, and they ended up paying way more than expected. The declining ratings were the final nail for the show.

by Anonymousreply 368October 1, 2018 4:46 PM

r367, Frons was doing ABC's bidding. If ABC wanted the shows to stay on the air, they would have fired Frons.

by Anonymousreply 369October 1, 2018 4:47 PM

AMC was virtually vet-less at the time, so that excuse holds no water. Lucci was the only solid vet who was getting a high salary.

by Anonymousreply 370October 1, 2018 4:48 PM

The other thing was that, no matter what we think of him today, Frank was ruthlessly efficient with the budget. There's a reason OLTL lasted a few months past AMC. And no thanks to Lucci, who was willing to throw OLTL under the bus to have AMC keep going a little longer.

Or, as someone once said of Frank: "He gets ten cents and brings back change."

by Anonymousreply 371October 1, 2018 4:50 PM

R370 Lucci was undoubtedly the highest paid, but they certainly had several others who had been around for some or were very popular who probably got nice paydays too. Michael E. Knight, Jill Larson, Walt Willey, Vincent Irizarry, Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams.

by Anonymousreply 372October 1, 2018 5:05 PM

R352 I didn't know Vivian Alamain from Days of Our Lives (Louise Sorel) was on OLTL

by Anonymousreply 373October 1, 2018 7:55 PM

Yes she played Elizbaeth Sanders, part of a major family in the mid/late 80s.

by Anonymousreply 374October 1, 2018 10:10 PM

R374- correction- Louise Sorrel played Judith Sanders, not Elizabeth. Elizabeth was the matriarch played by the wonderful Lois Kibbee of Caddyshack fame.

by Anonymousreply 375October 2, 2018 1:17 AM

Oh right. Elizabeth was the old crone

by Anonymousreply 376October 2, 2018 1:26 AM

[quote]Elizabeth was the matriarch played by the wonderful Lois Kibbee of Caddyshack fame.

Lois Kibbee was best known in soap circles for playing matriarch Geraldine Whitney on Edge of Night from 1970 until the show's cancellation at the end of 1984. Not only was she an actor on Edge, she was also a script writer for the show.

by Anonymousreply 377October 2, 2018 4:01 AM

Lois loved eating pussy!

by Anonymousreply 378October 2, 2018 8:56 AM

Did Marcia try to eat La Evans' snatch?

by Anonymousreply 379October 2, 2018 11:46 AM

SusanLucci did not like any actress that threatened her reign as queen of ABC soaps....Andrea Evans, Sarah Michelle Geller, Fiona Hutchionson, Genie Francis, Kate Collins, Erika Sleazak and Fiona Hughes among others. There was room for only one (female) "Queen" at ABC. As everyone knows, there were dozens gay men queens everywhere at ABC...............

by Anonymousreply 380October 2, 2018 9:42 PM

The Sanders family sure didn't last long. In and out in just 3 years, 1986-1989.

However, Charles Sanders (Peter Brown) and Judith Sanders (Louise Sorel) were gone in a little over a year.

by Anonymousreply 381October 2, 2018 11:07 PM

r375, and the late, lamented, Edge of Night.

by Anonymousreply 382October 3, 2018 12:10 AM

I wish HULU would do a 10 episode reboot/reunion. I think the audience is there and I’d love an OLTL series...even if a short term one!

by Anonymousreply 383October 3, 2018 2:39 AM

The Prospect Park version was really ahead of it's time. A couple years later streaming really took off. Would love another reboot!

by Anonymousreply 384October 3, 2018 6:07 AM

R384

The Prospect Park version of AMC was wonderful. Their version of OLTL was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 385October 3, 2018 8:22 AM

r385, a "mess" is pushing it. It was extremely watchable and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 386October 3, 2018 11:50 AM

Prospect Park's AMC was great from the outset. Really got back to the show's roots. Showed tremendous potential.

Prospect Park's OLTL was a work in progress. Some very good parts, but others needed work. Also showed potential.

I agree that if they were being done in 2018 rather than 2013, they'd stand a much better chance of being successful. Could likely get the funding they need today.

Might have been able to make it in 2013 if Prospect Park had had a little more experience in the soap business. And better influx of cash.

by Anonymousreply 387October 3, 2018 12:15 PM

I think you overestimate the comfort of the traditional soap fan being willing to watch a series on a streaming service. Perhaps the general public is more acclimated to it now, but over the years, it's seemed like your average soap viewer is the most resistant to change of any network viewers.

And for younger fans who like serialized storytelling, that's basically every show these days.

by Anonymousreply 388October 3, 2018 12:24 PM

PP proved that the Hooch was overrated and AMC could survive without her.

by Anonymousreply 389October 3, 2018 12:29 PM

PP's OLTL was fine if you like Todd/Blair/FakeTodd/Todd or any of the young newbies.

Those of us who wanted to see more vets were pretty much SOL.

by Anonymousreply 390October 3, 2018 2:36 PM

I meant Tea not Todd above.

by Anonymousreply 391October 3, 2018 2:37 PM

Didn’t the old bitch Strasser and the nice Sleestack do the PP version of OLTL? They are vets.

by Anonymousreply 392October 3, 2018 3:25 PM

PP OLTL actually took a very timely interesting angle with Viki and the Banner.

by Anonymousreply 393October 3, 2018 3:29 PM

r390, were we watching the same show? Viki/Clint/Dorian/Bo/Nora were all featured heavily in the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 394October 3, 2018 3:30 PM

Prospect Park underestimated how much money it takes to produce these shows. They had to go forward when they did or they were going to lose the rights back ABC. And ABC certainly isn't going to be doing anything with them in the future.

For how fast it was thrown together, it's miraculous how well the actual product turned out (especially AMC). I'd say their version of AMC was better than ABC's version had been for ages.

Sleestack and some of the other higher paid vets never got paid what they were owed for doing the shows.

by Anonymousreply 395October 3, 2018 3:35 PM

The PP version of AMC was so good. It was must see TV for me.

The PP version of OLTL had some kinks to work out (Blair's night club & the people revolving around it) but with some time I think they'd have gotten it together.

by Anonymousreply 396October 3, 2018 4:31 PM

The PP version of OLTL was still *familiar* to me. AMC lost me - it was too many newbies.

by Anonymousreply 397October 4, 2018 11:25 AM

Corbin Blue did OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 398October 4, 2018 11:30 AM

Todd and Blair were on way too much on PP's OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 399October 4, 2018 7:06 PM

r399, I would tend to agree. But I didn't mind it nearly as much because Howarth toned it down big time and was actually committed to the work. The PP version was the best Todd since 1995.

by Anonymousreply 400October 4, 2018 10:25 PM

R400

I loved both versions of Todd = RH and TSJ

by Anonymousreply 401October 4, 2018 10:43 PM

My favorite part of PP OLTL was Victor and Tea. To this day one of the hottest sex scenes ever. They showed him putting his hand down her crotch and leaving it there for a good long time.

by Anonymousreply 402October 5, 2018 1:01 AM

r401, I wasn't necessarily talking about actor "versions" - I meant more in terms of how Todd basically became a cartoon when RH last played him.

TSJ's "Todd" was played way too much like a sexy, romantic lead. Much of that was nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 403October 5, 2018 1:23 AM

Howarth played a clown from 2000 on, and on OLTL, ATWT and GH until just recently. He still puts more of a comic spin on his lines than I like. The only thing he handled like a real actor was the scenes about Franco getting molested.

Howarth gets paid a butt load of money for showing up and having fun. I resent that. People work so hard for crumbs. I just resent it.

by Anonymousreply 404October 5, 2018 2:37 AM

r404, it's funny you mention that because I was just watching a YT Q&A with RH about Todd/Franco, and apparently he was constantly getting notes to play Franco like Todd.

by Anonymousreply 405October 5, 2018 2:39 AM

Interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406October 5, 2018 2:41 AM

That is all Frank. Either bring him on as Todd or let him do something different. Problem is Howarth could only ever really play Todd well. It was the only thing he can do well. He sucks as anything else. After 1999 he was worthless as an actor except for the live week when his Todd died. He lost his magic once Marty was out of his atomosphere. Even his best work with DePaiva always has had to have Marty involved except for the live week. He was really good with Viki and Tea in the late nineties but nothing like his work when Marty was in his orbit.

by Anonymousreply 407October 13, 2018 6:55 AM

R407

I disagree. He was wonderful this year in the child molestation story. Riveting & heartbreaking. Best male performance I've see this year.

by Anonymousreply 408October 13, 2018 7:02 AM

Susan Haskell was his ultimate acting partner. He was great here and there with DePaiva, Slezak and Lozano but nothing compared to what he could do with Haskell. Perhaps it was the history the characters had but a lot was how the actors connected acting together. They really brought the very best in each other that they never had with any other.

by Anonymousreply 409October 13, 2018 7:04 AM

He really should have Emmys for each male category in daytime. I still can't believe he lost the Supporting Emmy to Ver Dorn. The episode when he saves Marty from the car crash and she sobs "I need to know that you feel bad" and his performance after was mind blowing good. I can't believe it's the same actor we see now. It's pure Emmy bait.

by Anonymousreply 410October 13, 2018 7:16 AM

R410

No show or actors are getting the quality of writing that soaps did in their hey day.

Trying to compare today's writing to then is like comparing apples to oranges.

RoHo has done good work since OLTL.

In fact I give props to the few who are able to spin today's shit writing into gold.

by Anonymousreply 411October 13, 2018 7:50 AM

Howarth is ridiculously overrated

by Anonymousreply 412October 13, 2018 12:11 PM

Howarth has a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 413October 13, 2018 12:46 PM

Isn't he bi?

by Anonymousreply 414October 13, 2018 1:02 PM

I like Howarth when he's a villain sometimes antihero. His court jester comedic relief is crap. He's doing a bad Tuc Watkins impresion.

by Anonymousreply 415October 13, 2018 2:26 PM

Force-feeding Franco as some "misunderstood heart of gold hero" is especially nauseating, and that is all Frank. How this man has been employed as an EP for 15 years astounds me, given his complete lack of vision and his completely ineptness at creating a show with any depth. Any OLTL fan recognizes exactly what is going on GH and has been for years. Frank pushing his/ABC's pets and a bunch of random newbies, and the stories suck.

by Anonymousreply 416October 13, 2018 2:32 PM

Ron Carlivati referenced OLTL on Days of Our Lives last week, Mimi played by Farah Fath, Gigi Morasco from OLTL, came back to the show and her mom Bonnie waa like, "Glad to see you're back after living in that hick town in Pennsylvania the last 10 years, 2007 right "? She then told her "you only have One Life to Live and live it the best in these Days of Our Lives ".

by Anonymousreply 417October 13, 2018 2:35 PM

Ron is still a hack. The "wink,wink" humor is so passe and just covers for lack of subtlety or real humor.

by Anonymousreply 418October 13, 2018 2:39 PM

Farah looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 419October 13, 2018 2:40 PM

[quote]Howarth is ridiculously overrated

He always was. One of my least favorite actors.

by Anonymousreply 420October 13, 2018 2:42 PM

They need to get Slee back on The Resident.

by Anonymousreply 421October 13, 2018 2:44 PM

Howarth is GENIUS!

by Anonymousreply 422October 13, 2018 2:45 PM

Michelle Stafford was on a podcast this week.

She said she auditioned for an OLTL role in the early 90s but Rauch told her she was attractive enough.

Any guesses what role that might me?

by Anonymousreply 423October 13, 2018 2:55 PM

R421 Slee needs to come on DAYS as Marie or Sandy Horton. Ron would go crazy at the possibilities!

Also Ron referenced OLTL on Days of Our Lives earlier this year, Brady is talking Eve, Kassie DePaiva, Blair from OLTL, that he's in to her schemes and he goes, "You lived in Pennsylvania for years using the name Blair"

by Anonymousreply 424October 13, 2018 2:56 PM

Oops! Not enough coffee yet.

She WASN'T attractive enough.

by Anonymousreply 425October 13, 2018 2:56 PM

r423, maybe it was that redhead who was paired with Dan Wolek in the early 90s? Laura Jean?

by Anonymousreply 426October 13, 2018 3:01 PM

R326, I thought the same thing but could not remember the character or actress's name!

by Anonymousreply 427October 13, 2018 4:26 PM

Maybe it was for the Tina recast after AE.

by Anonymousreply 428October 13, 2018 5:11 PM

The Staff didn’t suck Rauch’s dick.

by Anonymousreply 429October 13, 2018 5:13 PM

She wouldn't suck JFPee's dick either.

by Anonymousreply 430October 13, 2018 5:14 PM

I liked one of the Tinas who wasn't Andrea Evans, whom I loathed. I don't remember her name, but she was taking care of the kids, and when someone died—Meghan?—she fed them ice cream, something my friends and I did every time someone died in the '80s and '90s...until there were only three of us left.

by Anonymousreply 431October 13, 2018 5:36 PM

Karen Witter, r431

by Anonymousreply 432October 13, 2018 5:41 PM

She's the one, then. Thanks, r432.

by Anonymousreply 433October 13, 2018 5:43 PM

Stafford would have sucked as Tina. I don't see her fitting into OLTL

by Anonymousreply 434October 13, 2018 7:38 PM

Rauch had a point. Stafford has a great body but not a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 435October 13, 2018 7:46 PM

I honestly wish Witter would have stayed. I think Tina would have been a tentpole character had she remained.

by Anonymousreply 436October 14, 2018 2:24 AM

Witter was a horrible actress. No way she could have made any headway when OLTL had powerhouse talents like Smith, Haskell and a rejuvenated Slezak and Strasser with their best story through their tenure at the time. Tina was barely involved in the DID story because the character had no real meat to offer. They had her messing with Davis Vickers the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 437October 14, 2018 4:06 AM

r437, Witter was still very much in the mix of things when all those actresses were on the show.

Not everyone has to be the greatest actress - she fit the role well.

by Anonymousreply 438October 14, 2018 12:11 PM

I liked Karen Witter, though I would have preferred anyone to Andrea Evans. She made me think people who find soap opera stupid were right.

by Anonymousreply 439October 14, 2018 12:16 PM

r439, isn't that the way most feel about Lucci?

by Anonymousreply 440October 14, 2018 2:07 PM

R437 is right. Only powerhouse people could keep up with those actresses -that is why they hired master thespian Christopher Douglas to play opposite Haskell.

by Anonymousreply 441October 14, 2018 2:09 PM

I want some of what r441 is smoking.

by Anonymousreply 442October 14, 2018 2:19 PM

The Dylan/Patrick nonsense made Marty unbearable. I could not wait for those two to finally leave at that point.

by Anonymousreply 443October 14, 2018 2:22 PM

I liked Marty and her Irish Poet. Dylan was so hot even a Viki was sniffing around that.

by Anonymousreply 444October 14, 2018 10:39 PM

I couldn't stand Patrick. I wanted to scream every time he did that stupid penny poem. I was rooting for the Irish terrorist to shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 445October 14, 2018 11:20 PM

I always thought the "Brown Penny" poem was about anal. I was embarrassed for the actress playing Marty each time he recited that damned poem.

by Anonymousreply 446October 15, 2018 12:37 AM

Diehard Andrea Evans as Tina fan love her or hate her she's iconic...BUT Karen Witter was great too. I wish she'd have stuck around longer. i don't understand how TPTB kept Tina Lord off the canvas for so long. I think if they couldn't lure Andrea back they could try another recast. Oltl was a hot mess starting in the late 90s well into the 2000s. JFP. Dena Higley. Claire Labaine. Malone take 2. All crap.

by Anonymousreply 447October 15, 2018 3:39 PM

Labine/JFP/Tomlin tenures were all uneven. However, there were still always stories/moments/characters that kept the show grounded.

The beginning of the end was really Frons' hiring and Frank's promotion to EP. The show was never really able to "breathe" after double whammy. Malone2 devolved into madness. Higley's tenure was completely unwatchable (that was the first time I ever turned off OLTL for good). Ron's introduction brought the first "hope" the show had seen in years, but it was fleeting.

by Anonymousreply 448October 15, 2018 4:36 PM

I think people always underestimated how big of a problem Frank was. He was always given a pass because Frons was the target, and because he had been at the show for so long. But he is a completely lackluster EP, as proven at GH. He has no vision and no direction for the show as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 449October 15, 2018 4:39 PM

I really liked both Evans and Witter. Andrea Evans was iconic, especially for the late 80s camp tone One Life took. Witter's Tina was much more complicated (maternal, more mature, but also attracted to rogue Cain and what that brought out in her). Both of them brought something to the show.

Krista Tesreau is really the disastrous Tina (and yeah the writing did her no favors, but she had the depth of a sponge in her characterization).

by Anonymousreply 450October 15, 2018 4:39 PM

Isn't that dumb GMA show tanking? Time to bring back OLTL!

by Anonymousreply 451October 22, 2018 11:34 AM

OMG! Strassman is as crazy as ever. Read her twitter feed. She has entered Brendad Ickson territory. Certifiable.

by Anonymousreply 452October 22, 2018 1:44 PM

You leave La Strasser alone, r452.

by Anonymousreply 453October 22, 2018 2:31 PM

Strassman is a crazy senile old bitch! Wowza!

by Anonymousreply 454October 23, 2018 2:18 AM

Were Linda Dano and Slee rivals on set? As soon as it was announced Dano was returning to OLTL, it must have set panic in motion. Slee booked in for major face work to be done before Linda had even shot her first scene. Dano was really subdued as Gretel and nothing like her usual self.

by Anonymousreply 455October 23, 2018 4:28 AM

r455, Dano and Slee are actually very friendly IRL.

by Anonymousreply 456October 23, 2018 12:18 PM

I think ES got her "work" done at that time because of the romance with younger Ben.

I remember ES and RSW went in around the same time. ES looked phenomenal, but RSW looked pulled to death for a bit there, especially around the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 457October 23, 2018 12:20 PM

Provided without comment:

I never ignore posters, but I was having trouble following some of the conversation here. A little bit of research and voila! I must have accidentally hit ignore on one of the posts. So I check the ignored poster tab, and I see some comments...and more comments... and more comments. All tolled, there were 168 comments by one poster.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 458October 23, 2018 1:12 PM

Clarification- 168 comments on this thread alone.

by Anonymousreply 459October 23, 2018 1:13 PM

R458 R459 You are probably talking about one of the demented posters - there are two or three that just post nonsense incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 460October 23, 2018 3:41 PM

We Love Soaps has an OLTL weddings Tweet - including the Carla wedding.

(Isn't that the one Ellen Holly hated?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461October 23, 2018 3:42 PM

Where’s Lil and her tercel?

by Anonymousreply 462October 23, 2018 4:08 PM

Who's Carla?

by Anonymousreply 463October 23, 2018 4:09 PM

Wet your whistles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464October 26, 2018 2:01 PM

JP and Tuc...still together

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465October 26, 2018 2:02 PM

fuck Christian looks used up

by Anonymousreply 466October 26, 2018 2:17 PM

r466 in the best possible way

by Anonymousreply 467October 26, 2018 2:21 PM

How they ever passed up Mark Lawson for those god awful Ford bros still astounds me.

by Anonymousreply 468October 26, 2018 2:21 PM

Mark Lawson and David Fumero?

by Anonymousreply 469October 26, 2018 5:41 PM

TSJ is in a new movie getting fab reviews

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470October 26, 2018 6:01 PM

r469, they train together all the time, if you ever check out either's IG.

by Anonymousreply 471October 26, 2018 7:18 PM

r468 The Ford Brothers were hotter by a factor of 7,381,290.

by Anonymousreply 472October 27, 2018 12:24 AM

I miss the Lenny Platt Working Class Stud Troll.

by Anonymousreply 473October 27, 2018 12:29 AM

The Ford bros were not men. They were asexual feminized and boring.

by Anonymousreply 474October 27, 2018 1:52 AM

I'd pick the Vega brothers over the Ford brothers any day.

by Anonymousreply 475October 27, 2018 1:57 AM

Ron is masturbating.

by Anonymousreply 476October 27, 2018 2:02 AM

[quote]I'd pick the Vega brothers over the Ford brothers any day.

Except Assholio.

by Anonymousreply 477October 27, 2018 5:28 AM

R477

Speak for yourself. Kamar is still hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 478October 27, 2018 6:20 AM

Kamar was nevah HAF.

by Anonymousreply 479October 27, 2018 6:22 AM

Weren't there bi rumors about Fumero back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 480October 27, 2018 12:01 PM

I don't remember any, r480, but then, we didn't have as extensive a rumor mill BITD.

by Anonymousreply 481October 27, 2018 12:21 PM

R480

There were when that pron video with Billy Santoro(I think) and people thought it was Fumero

by Anonymousreply 482October 27, 2018 12:26 PM

Was Billy Santoro uncut?

by Anonymousreply 483October 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Fumero is not now nor has he ever been gay or bi. Grow up, fraus.

by Anonymousreply 484October 27, 2018 1:13 PM

I always remember Fumero being one of the pack of heavy smokers outside the studio on my way to/from work.

by Anonymousreply 485October 27, 2018 5:46 PM

Howarth used to smoke also outside their 66th st studio. Used to see him out there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 486October 27, 2018 6:00 PM

They both of the skin of a smoker, so it's not surprising. MA was another smoker. BAB also. HBS.

by Anonymousreply 487October 27, 2018 6:17 PM

r487

who is BAB?

by Anonymousreply 488October 27, 2018 7:07 PM

Beth Ann BONER

by Anonymousreply 489October 27, 2018 8:27 PM

Isn’t Beth Ann a lez?

by Anonymousreply 490October 27, 2018 9:57 PM

Who does Beth Ann Boner play? I've never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 491October 27, 2018 10:25 PM

Sorry, I thought I was in the GH thread. I guess that should be who did Beth Ann Boner play, if were talking about OLTL. I watched that too and still never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 492October 27, 2018 10:28 PM

She was some cop on the show. She was on the SoapNet reality show where the winner won a part on a show ( I don't think she won). She's most notable for clearly having an affair with Bree Williamson that they were very indiscreet about.

by Anonymousreply 493October 27, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote] Who did Beth Ann Bonner play?

Bree Williamson's labia cozy

by Anonymousreply 494October 27, 2018 10:52 PM

Holy fuck, I totally remember Beth Ann Bonner!!!

by Anonymousreply 495October 28, 2018 12:22 AM

She played Talia.

Ron made her Carlo's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 496October 28, 2018 2:55 AM

She was on the I want to be a soap star reality show runner up, right?

by Anonymousreply 497October 28, 2018 4:07 AM

Yes, I think she was hired after that though. The winner of that show was that Mikey person from LI or SI. He was on during Higley's shit tenure I believe.

by Anonymousreply 498October 28, 2018 11:48 AM

She was the love interest for Antonio. Was Kamar de la Reyes liked on set? He seemed sexy at times, and at other times not.

by Anonymousreply 499October 28, 2018 11:49 AM

Didn't Kamar get Tim Adams fired or at least prevent him from getting a contract?

by Anonymousreply 500October 28, 2018 11:51 AM

Why would he do that, r500? Would Tim Adams not fuck him in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 501October 28, 2018 11:57 AM

KdlR had an affair with his now wife Sherri Saum while she was with Tim Adams, I believe. Then Tim Adams got cast on the show as Marcie's brother, but the role never went anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 502October 28, 2018 12:10 PM

Tim Adams had charisma for days. If they would have kept him and that hot stud who played Kevin- my god, the show would have been awesome.

And both of these guys could ACT!

Instead we had Kamar and that fucking Michael Easton.

Kamar was a fucking DUD and charisma sucker. God that entire Angel Square storyline was a constant snooze.

The only time I could barely like Michael Easton was when he was with Natalie. Barely.

by Anonymousreply 503October 28, 2018 1:56 PM

Frank had fucking horrible taste. Those Ford losers. Easton. JPL. Any of those awful teens.

When you had men like Dan Gauthier, Mark Lawson, Tim Adams, David Chisum, John Brotherton, Tom Degnan - all cast aside for the awful pets.

by Anonymousreply 504October 28, 2018 2:02 PM

R504 has it right, although I did have a soft spot for the Ford brothers. The fantasies!

by Anonymousreply 505October 28, 2018 2:45 PM

Ugh. The Ford brothers were so asexual. Absolutely zero masculinity or sex appeal, but that was the norm for Frank's OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 506October 28, 2018 2:47 PM

Let's not forget uber-hunky David Fumero.

by Anonymousreply 507October 28, 2018 2:50 PM

Beth Ann is definitely gay. She's now married with kids

by Anonymousreply 508October 28, 2018 3:26 PM

The Ford Brothers were so hot, I still initial-cap "Brothers."

by Anonymousreply 509October 28, 2018 4:26 PM

Did Beth Ann really eat Bree’s snatch?

by Anonymousreply 510October 28, 2018 4:32 PM

Towards the end of OLTL the male “leads” sucked while so many quality actors written off. Made no sense. Dan G’s Kevin was great and a true foil to Todd. John Mcbain not so much. Rex sucked. David was a clown. Cole and The Ford Brothers awful. Hated Antonio.

by Anonymousreply 511October 28, 2018 6:54 PM

R510

Yes

by Anonymousreply 512October 28, 2018 7:08 PM

I'm going to shamefully confess that I really liked McBain on GH.

by Anonymousreply 513October 28, 2018 7:28 PM

R513

I didn't hate him either. I wasn't his #1 fan but I understood why the character was on the show.

I could name a shit ton of folks that bothered me more than McBain.

by Anonymousreply 514October 28, 2018 11:55 PM

Never watched him on GH, but McBANE sucked the life out of OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 515October 29, 2018 1:59 AM

He was good on GH on OLTL he sucked up the show. He was doom and gloom and although forced to be a leading man despite his inability to love or show emotions. They forced a Mcbain family On us. They shoved the supercouple will they or won’t they Jolie pairing down our throats.

The issue was this character was the star of the show compromising what the OLTL fans wanted to see. Mcbain should never have been the leading man when Kevin, Joey, CJ, Max...and so many characters disappear!!!

by Anonymousreply 516October 29, 2018 2:09 AM

Ron never wanted McDung to be a central character which is why he minimalized him when he first started writing. His hand was forced after Frons demanded the focus shift and the reunion with Natalie. Ron had some horrible execution, but I give him credit for recognizing certain things never worked.

by Anonymousreply 517October 29, 2018 2:12 AM

I need more Strasser in my life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518November 1, 2018 2:40 PM

Strassman is cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 519November 1, 2018 2:57 PM

I didn't realize how close KA seems to be to RS. That's nice.

by Anonymousreply 520November 2, 2018 2:01 AM

I wonder how KA's brother is doing and if he beat cancer. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 521November 2, 2018 10:13 PM

He finished his treatments about 6 months ago & so far remains in remission.

Chemo wasn't doing it so he had to be admitted for several months while they did a stem cell transplant

by Anonymousreply 522November 2, 2018 10:27 PM

Thank you R522 and I'm glad to hear he's doing better.

by Anonymousreply 523November 2, 2018 11:11 PM

Poor Kristen will be mourning the loss of her bro soon.

by Anonymousreply 524November 3, 2018 12:18 AM

I hope you are wrong, r524.

by Anonymousreply 525November 3, 2018 2:27 AM

Alderson, Kasie DePaiva and Gina Tognoni all love and adore Strasser. And remain close. Heather Tom loves her too and Strasser has always hailed Tom as an absolute professional. They have a lot of mutual respect.

by Anonymousreply 526November 3, 2018 6:00 AM

r526, careful or you will incite the Strasser troll who has to mention her sons and mother in every post about how crazy she is.

by Anonymousreply 527November 3, 2018 1:09 PM

R527 Robin herself has said that she has no relationship with either of her sons. They do not speak to her. That is a fact. So what’s your issue with speaking the truth?

by Anonymousreply 528November 3, 2018 1:37 PM

The issue is that the troll brings it up without any knowledge of the situation, insinuating that Robin is so "crazy" that she can't maintain relationships.

by Anonymousreply 529November 3, 2018 1:45 PM

Again, it is all stuff that Robin herself has said. She reafily admits to having a difficult relationship with her 90 something year old mother, although she did oversee her mother being put into assisted living. But then koo koo Strassman also tweets about hanging up the phone on her mother when they have disagreements. Classy to hang up on a 92 year old.

by Anonymousreply 530November 3, 2018 2:10 PM

I've never heard anything about RS and her sons. What's the deal? How long has it been going on?

by Anonymousreply 531November 3, 2018 3:08 PM

I doubt she ever went into detail about anything.

by Anonymousreply 532November 4, 2018 2:10 AM

They are talking about Mark Derwin in one of the Y&R threads and it made me miss the Slee. I want my OLTL back!

by Anonymousreply 533November 5, 2018 12:10 PM

I hated Ben and Blondie.

The only one of her pairings that I really disliked.

by Anonymousreply 534November 5, 2018 2:10 PM

Read Strassman’s tweets. She is cray cray and detailed why her son’s don’t speak to the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 535November 5, 2018 2:18 PM

R534

Cliff Notes version, please

by Anonymousreply 536November 5, 2018 2:23 PM

I found it hard to believe Ben would be interested in Viki. Slee had no sex appeal at all.

by Anonymousreply 537November 5, 2018 2:32 PM

I did really enjoy Ben & Viki, and while it didn't necessarily make sense for Viki as a character, they had great chemistry and it always translated on screen how much they enjoyed working together.

by Anonymousreply 538November 5, 2018 2:38 PM

Ben & Viki made my twat vibrate.

by Anonymousreply 539November 5, 2018 2:50 PM

We know, Jill @r539. We know.

by Anonymousreply 540November 5, 2018 3:20 PM

I had a dream about Slee last night.

by Anonymousreply 541November 7, 2018 1:43 PM

Why did they spell Starr's name with 2 Rs?

by Anonymousreply 542November 14, 2018 5:08 AM

I couldn't possibly know.

by Anonymousreply 543November 14, 2018 12:19 PM

Poor Tina always got mixed up with the campy villains.

by Anonymousreply 544November 15, 2018 1:06 PM

Except for her true love Cord r544.

by Anonymousreply 545November 15, 2018 2:23 PM

I've seen several people on Twitter say that GH is copying the OLTL bullying story. Can someone give a brief rundown because I lost track of OLTL for a couple of years when I was living abroad.

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 546November 16, 2018 8:17 PM

R46. Rex and Gigi's nerdy kid was cyber bullied by schoolmates led by Todd and Blair's kid Jack who was a hot, high school jock boy and almost made him kill himself. Is that what GH is doing?

by Anonymousreply 547November 18, 2018 5:10 AM

Interesting 1981 episode featuring "Recast Viki" aka Christine Jones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548November 18, 2018 2:45 PM

No one had the warmth of Slee.

by Anonymousreply 549November 18, 2018 2:47 PM

Here is the same actress again, but this time playing a different character... Pamela

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550November 18, 2018 2:57 PM

Slee didn't like her.

by Anonymousreply 551November 18, 2018 2:59 PM

Was Christine Jones the one who played original Irene Manning, the one who was sick in the hospital bed?... Same look, same voice

by Anonymousreply 552November 18, 2018 3:01 PM

Christine Jones was an insufferable twat.

by Anonymousreply 553November 18, 2018 3:04 PM

Slee hightailed it back to work when she heard that Christine Jones was very popular as Viki and many wanted Christine to be the permanent Viki.

by Anonymousreply 554November 18, 2018 3:13 PM

R547

Thank you! I did watch that now that you mentioned it. I chalk it up to willfully blacking out everything related to Rex & Gigi.

by Anonymousreply 555November 18, 2018 3:42 PM

Christine Jones was fabulous as Janice Frame on AW. Just amazing.

by Anonymousreply 556November 18, 2018 3:45 PM

I couldn't take Christine Jones as Viki. Blech. She was okay as Pam, but so unneeded as a character.

by Anonymousreply 557November 20, 2018 1:40 AM

They tried EVERYTHING to make Rex/Gigi sympathetic. Ugh.

Frank hasn't changed from pushing the pets. The same shit goes on at GH.

by Anonymousreply 558November 20, 2018 1:47 AM

Nothing was as comforting as a Llanfair Thanksgiving with Viki.

by Anonymousreply 559November 22, 2018 1:58 PM

[quote]Nothing was as comforting as a Llanfair Thanksgiving with Viki.

Bitch, please.

by Anonymousreply 560November 22, 2018 2:01 PM

I recall a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving episode from 2009 maybe?? It was during the Paris Texas storyline, whenever that was. It was truly heartwarming and wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 561November 22, 2018 2:05 PM

Yes, r561. I remember the episode, and it was good. Ron could turn out a good, heartwarming episode from time and time.

by Anonymousreply 562November 22, 2018 2:08 PM

r560, Get on back to your own cancelled soap thread; this one's for OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 563November 22, 2018 2:09 PM

Who could have imagined then we would someday miss the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 564November 22, 2018 2:11 PM

I remember particularly enjoying any OLTL episodes written by Melissa Salmons (during Carlivati's reign )

by Anonymousreply 565November 22, 2018 2:12 PM

Tina Lord is a human roach nest!

by Anonymousreply 566November 22, 2018 2:13 PM

I don't think the rug completely fell out from Ron until 2009. 2008 was uneven, but there were still highlights and good moments. From 2009-onward, the show was a huge mess.

by Anonymousreply 567November 22, 2018 2:15 PM

Settle down ASA!! R566

by Anonymousreply 568November 22, 2018 2:16 PM

It was always mind-boggling to me how huge of a missed opportunity it was to not have Todd vs Kevin as a central theme after the 90s.

I mean that story just writes itself with endless possibilities, Viki's loyalties, Viki/Dorian, Cramer women with Todd/Blair and Kevin/Cassie/Kelly.

OLTL really squandered a lot.

by Anonymousreply 569November 22, 2018 2:21 PM

r567, Iike I've said several times on this particular thread, I thought early Jared and Natalie was fine, along with early Charlie and Viki. And I even liked early Rex and Gigi. It was afterwards, when Rex and Gigi literally started eating the show and became touted as this "Great Love for the Ages" that I was turned off by them.

I never got tired of Jared and Natalie, but they got pushed so far back on the backburner, and his edges were shaved down so much, that after awhile frankly they became boring. Still, I was never happy with the decision to break them up by killing him off and reunite her with Mr. Buzzkill himself again.

And Charlie and VIki just eventually ran their course. I also think a lot of their appeal died when Jared did.

But what do I know? I just faithfully watched this silly TV show.

by Anonymousreply 570November 22, 2018 3:32 PM

R568 Hush, you old whore!

by Anonymousreply 571November 22, 2018 5:20 PM

Is there a new OLTL thread?

by Anonymousreply 572November 24, 2018 6:43 PM

I was watching a recent upload of an episode where the Claudia Carson story was about to come to a head. At the time, I remember thinking how great Strasser was but I was surprised to learn that she didn't like that story at all. Felt Dorian would never be that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 573November 26, 2018 11:51 AM

[quote] Is there a new OLTL thread?

After this one is full you can use the Glamourama one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574November 26, 2018 11:53 AM

r574 Or you can start a new OLTL thread. I'd wait 'til we get to the 590s, though.

by Anonymousreply 575November 26, 2018 11:59 AM

No one wants to go in the Glamorama thread and talk about that overrated cunt Hooch

by Anonymousreply 576November 26, 2018 12:03 PM

Start a competing Roxy's Hair Salon thread.

by Anonymousreply 577November 26, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]I was watching a recent upload of an episode where the Claudia Carson story was about to come to a head.

I have no recollection of a Claudia Carson. What was the storyline? When did it air?

by Anonymousreply 578November 26, 2018 12:04 PM

r578, I want to say it was late 1993? Dorian pretended to be "Claudia Carson" to coerce Emily Haynes into filing sexual harassment charges against Sloan as revenge for his book insinuating that she killed Victor Lord. The fallout is what lead Cassie to lose the baby.

by Anonymousreply 579November 26, 2018 12:08 PM

Maybe we can take this thread to the 590s today, and r572 can start his new OLTL thread.

by Anonymousreply 580November 26, 2018 12:15 PM

I'll start with a latter-day Billy Douglas, in seasonal finery. I think this was from 54.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581November 26, 2018 12:16 PM

Kevin or Joey Buchanan should have deflowered Young Billy Douglas

by Anonymousreply 582November 26, 2018 5:11 PM

Who played Kevin then? Chris McKenna played Joey.

by Anonymousreply 583November 26, 2018 5:17 PM

It's Foxy Roxy's

by Anonymousreply 584November 27, 2018 1:54 AM

Foxy Roxy's also trimmed the Fords' bushes

by Anonymousreply 585November 27, 2018 1:55 AM

R583 Kirk Geiger played Kevin during the Billy Douglas storyline.

by Anonymousreply 586November 27, 2018 2:08 AM

Kirk Geiger was my favorite Kevin. I like Tim Gibbs in anything, but I wish they'd kept Kirk Geiger. And yes, he and Billy could have been boyfriends. It would have switched the story focus to "Kevin Comes Out" instead of "Billy Douglas Comes Out," but I could have lived with that. Better stakes that way.

by Anonymousreply 587November 27, 2018 4:47 AM

The AMC Glamourama thread is malfunctioning- It reloads every time I click in the comment section. Can a fellow ABC soap fan start a new AMC thread? Thank you, now back to Llanview. Does anyone remember how distracting Carlo Hesser’s sweaty upper lip was in every single scene of his?

by Anonymousreply 588November 27, 2018 11:13 AM

The Glamorama thread worked for me just now.

by Anonymousreply 589November 27, 2018 11:21 AM

Glamorama thread worked for me as well.

by Anonymousreply 590November 27, 2018 11:22 AM

[quote]The AMC Glamourama thread

No "u" in "Glamorama."

by Anonymousreply 591November 27, 2018 11:23 AM

Can someone start a Magnificent Midwestern Towns Part 5 thread?

Thanks

by Anonymousreply 592November 27, 2018 12:40 PM

For you, r592. Holiday edition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593November 27, 2018 12:57 PM

Speaking of the Claudia Carson thing, I always felt Strasser was so magnetic in her 1993 return that it was hard to imagine the show without her after that.

by Anonymousreply 594November 27, 2018 1:53 PM

Couldn’t Kevin just messed around with his younger brothers friend and called it a day without having to “come out”?

by Anonymousreply 595November 27, 2018 2:54 PM

And what would be the long story in that, r595?

by Anonymousreply 596November 27, 2018 4:00 PM

Billy fixates on Kevin well Into his adult years jeopardizing all his relationships while Kevin now a married man still thinks about messing around again. Maybe it could have been a storyline about consent and legal age. Viki and Joey would surely have something to say. Possibly could destroy Kevin’s political career of uncovered...

by Anonymousreply 597November 28, 2018 7:12 PM

I shit brown pennies.

by Anonymousreply 598November 28, 2018 7:36 PM

I rape defenseless women.

by Anonymousreply 599November 29, 2018 1:01 AM

I’m Strassers smelly CUNT! P

by Anonymousreply 600November 29, 2018 1:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!