Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31)

Continued Discussion...

Which one of Daddy's darlings is gonna break first in order to save their own ass? Fredo or Drumpf's favorite lap dancer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 1, 2018 4:32 PM

Link to previous thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2018 3:02 PM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30) (6/18/18)

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far from the Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 31) (06/23/18)

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2018 3:03 PM

These thread titles are very witty.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2018 3:04 PM

There have been some really inspired ones.

oh yeah, on topic.....FUCK TRUMP!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2018 3:41 PM

Jeff Sessions is sounding more conciliatory lately. Saying that he never intended to take children away from their parents, even though he said this would be the consequence of the zero tolerance policy when he announced it a few months ago. Now he’s saying “If you like your children, you can keep them.”

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2018 3:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2018 3:50 PM

Time to leave some excellent Yelp reviews for the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2018 3:53 PM

These threads are great. I find them useful to follow different aspects of the investigation.

Plus I think it does a great service of reminding us that we are looking at treason.

So thank you OP! Keep up the good work!

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2018 4:15 PM

I’m happy about R6. It’s like the flip side of refusing to do business at places that have TVs running Fox in their waiting areas. I hope this catches on and more people do it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2018 4:21 PM

589 in the last thread wrote, "I hope everyone including the media will just start calling a Nazi, a Nazi and Trump is a Nazi (White Supremacist? fascist pig?)." Someone answered saying that his supporters would only support him more. I think this is an excellent idea, since it would only make Trump (and his supporters) openly embrace the Nazi and racist labels, making clear what the Republican party has become, which would clarify things to a lot of voters in the middle and galvanize progressives even more, while there probably aren't enough neo-Confederates and neo-Bundists to outweigh the blue wave. In any case there a number of open white supremacists and neo-Nazis who've gotten Republican nominations (e.g. for congress in IL, for gov in VA) that it should be obvious by now.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2018 5:25 PM

Well, r11, they are openly embracing Russia and don't seem to care that we are turning on our allies.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2018 5:31 PM

Sanders is lucky the restaurant management asked her to leave. Agree or disagree, at least they asked respectfully and acted with integrity. The option would have been to for the staff to spit in her food.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2018 5:32 PM

OP - we are now on thread 31 and, unbelievably, you are still killing it with awesome titles!!

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2018 5:32 PM

DJT has gone to a lot of trouble to never be caught-out in ANY public places or situations where cameras & microphones can record REAL Americans heckling & shaming his lying ass.

I believe he was actually shocked when Pence was booed at Hamilton.

He saw that early on and vowed to never let it happen to him.

We’ll see!?!

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2018 5:36 PM

Or cell phone video of Sarah the liar and her family being heckled, like Secretary Nielsen the other night, r13. I agree the restaurant did the right thing.

Supposedly she wants to be done with working there. Every day she stays stains her reputation and future employability more and more.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2018 5:36 PM

“I was sayin Boo-urns!”

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2018 5:37 PM

THE PLAN TO PRIVATIZE EVERY ASPECT OF GOVERNEMNT:

EPA HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES FAA US POSTAL SERVICE NASA

THE LIST IS COMPREHENSIVE. READ IT AND WEEP! BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE MERCERS, KOCHS AND OTHER BILLIONAIRES.

IT'S THE 21ST CENTURY'S: " PROJECT FOR A NEW AMERICAN CENTURY"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2018 5:42 PM

It must horrible to be refused service for being who you are.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2018 5:59 PM

R19 beat me to it. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2018 6:10 PM

The old-timer who shows up with his big TREASON!! sign, every time Manafort has a court date is one of my heroes.

“When your lawyer needs a lawyer, you need a lawyer!” Colbert.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2018 6:15 PM

The Clintons & The Obamas have always gone ANYWHERE they want, to eat or to a show or ANYWHERE.

People usually stand up & cheer when they’re spotted.

Not like these rat-fucking goblins.

Shaming them and ostracizing them in public is one of the small freedoms that we still have.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote] DJT has gone to a lot of trouble to never be caught-out in ANY public places or situations where cameras & microphones can record REAL Americans heckling & shaming his lying ass.

Fun fact: Howard Stern has his interns pick up his take-away meals and to rotate restaurants so as to avoid being identified, because he’s that much afraid of being poisoned.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2018 6:31 PM

Ivanka should have hauled her ass around the detention centers and at least portray she is concerned about the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2018 6:32 PM

I'm just popping in this thread to compliment you all on your thread titles :D

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2018 6:35 PM

[Quote] Meet Lori McAllen. She's employed by the Oregon DMV. Her Facebook reads:

[Quote] "I personally think they should shoot them all at the border and call it good. it'll save us hard working AMERICAN'S billions of dollars on our taxes!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2018 6:47 PM

Trumpy's people are calling Lori as I type. They're always looking to bring on fresh blonde talent. A new recording of 'Tomorrow Belongs To Me' can't be ruled out.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2018 7:07 PM

[quote]AMERICAN'S

The all-caps and the punctuation mistake show her to be a girl after her Dear Leader's heart!

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2018 7:11 PM

WHET the hot dad of one of the dead students that Trump and Fox trotted around for awhile saying he is still pro-NRA/PRO-guns?

Lori could get that treatment soon.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2018 7:16 PM

Kick out Ivanka, Jared, Don Jr, Eric, Kelleyanne Conway, Scaramucci, etc., etc., every restaurant they enter.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2018 7:25 PM

Trump’s latest tweet about the Mieller investigation is so desperate and transparent, it’s just classic. He is absolutely scared shit-less about what is going to come out about him. And the longer it goes on, the worse it gets for him. He has very few ways out of any at all.

Couldn’t you actually see him wanting to just being up some nuclear holocaust just so he can escape having to pay for his various and extensive misdeeds? I just can’t believe he’s being allowed to remain in power. We are being held hostage by him.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2018 7:26 PM

I know this is not over by a long shot and that we have a difficult time ahead, but I can’t help feeling the border debacle sort of broke the barrier of the Teflon Don. He was exposed. We know he’s always been a lying, cheating scumbag, but nothing he said or did seemed to breach his seeming invulnerability. But this did. It was the chink in his armor. Could he slowly and metaphorically bleed to death? We’ll have to see. But I think it might signal he beginning of the long downfall.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2018 7:34 PM

Trump tweets about the “witch hunt." It appears he's getting very, very nervous of late.

May 2017: 3 times

June 2017: 5 times

July 2017: 6 times

Oct 2017: 1 time

Dec 2017: 2 times

Jan 2018: 1 time

Feb 2018: 3 times

March 2018: 2 times

April 2018: 9 times

May 2018: 20 times

June 2018: 22 times

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2018 8:06 PM

Avenatti's latest:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2018 8:10 PM

I love you MA!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2018 8:52 PM

If those counts are accurate, R33 (my sympathies to whoever scoured through his tweets to confirm), then it really is quite something.

I wonder what sneak peeks our Dear Leader has seen the past two months that we don't know about yet...

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2018 9:04 PM

R13 If they know servers and cooks will most likely spit (or worse!) in their good, they'll stop going out.

R16 Sanders will get plenty of rightwing employment. Who wouldn't want a guard dog loyal no matter what. Outside of that bubble she is stained for good. I don't think she'll be able to go out without fear or ease of mind. Imagine that price to pay.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2018 9:10 PM

Not necessarily, R37. Fox News, of course, but not the others. Zucker knows if CNN hired her there would be hell to pay.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2018 9:13 PM

R31 & R32 - brilliant. WW

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2018 9:56 PM

There is nothing shameful about publicly shaming those who fiercely defend the shameful destruction of others’ lives.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2018 9:56 PM

32 I’m feeling something different in the wind now as well

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2018 9:59 PM

R40 - don't forget the worst offender of them all - Hannity..

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2018 10:03 PM

I can't wait for the video to surface of Hannity getting pegged by Transexual Hookers.

You know he does.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2018 11:09 PM

Miller needs laid.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2018 11:16 PM

Rand Paul vs Lindsey Graham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2018 11:34 PM

r44, are you volunteering?

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2018 11:58 PM

R42 I absolutely despise Hannity, and I believe he is the #1 worse problem we have regarding Trump because HE is the news source all the Deplorables listen to and believe. And he says the same thing as Trump, "Only believe what I say and other in prime time of this network, (as in "don't pay any attention to Shep Smith). He implores his viewers to disregard anything NYT, WAPO and CNN report because "they're all lying and they're all in cohoots against Trump" . And they fucking hang on his every word.

The really nutty thing, though, is this: according to many abandoned Fox, those who are now speaking out against Trump, most believe Hannity is still a true believer. He actually believes the Russian thing is a hoax, etc. What do you do with that?

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2018 12:08 AM

Is she microcephalic? Her head is abnormally small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2018 12:15 AM

R32: I feel the same! This separation of children from their parents chipped his shitty armour and it will continue to chip away everyday those children are “lost” and not reunited with their families. This is before Cohen flips on him, pending trials, Mueller findings and lawsuits from the migrant parents and children. And yes, buckle-up because this shitty motherfucker and his ilk are not going to go down without a fight and more destruction in their wake.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2018 12:16 AM

R32, R49... I have to say this. I don't trust it. (I posted similar a couple days ago). Everyone is so excited thinking that Trump buckled. I think it was part of his plan all along, or at least Stephen Miller's plan. Once it was revealed children were being separated, (and they must have known it would come out at some point!), the plan was to put the blame on the Dems, which Trump did, and then come out and "rescue them" himself, (which he now claims he did). It's the same plan he's been reenacting time and time again. And I think it was strategically planned to happen the day of his Minnesota rally. The whole point is to keep the base alive and excited. It's his base that will fight and possibly cause a civil war once he is eventually charged.... so again, I really don't think he "caved". I think it's part of the overall strategy. Trump, himself, might not be smart enough to think ahead that way, but Miller and some of his other scumbag cohorts are.

I hope I'm wrong! But best to consider the possibility as to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2018 12:22 AM

IIRC, the reason captives were placed in Guantanamo, were because it was physically easy to defend; people could not easily escape; Governors didn't want them in their states; but importantly, because Guantanamo was not actually US territory, so the Constitution and it’s rights didn’t apply there.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2018 12:26 AM

R50: I was not talking about Trump caving or his plan. Everything you say there is true. I was talking about the response to his latest fuckery (excl. the lost cause deplorables).

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2018 12:29 AM

Hannity = The Tentacle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2018 12:31 AM

Hannity,supposedly converses with Trump near daily. Jenine Pirro is another that'she reported to regularly dialogue with Trump. Would these TV talking heads be giving obstruction advice and conspiring to undermine the judicial/investigative inquiry? There are suspicions by some.

But the leading character to focus on is Rupert Murdoch. He is the owner of vast media including Fox and a lot of newspapers and tabloids worldwide. Murdoch and Trump have interacted for decades.

Other tabloids distributed by American Media are publications such as the pro-Trump National Enquirer, Weekly World News, Sun, Star, and The Globe. David J. Pecker is the Chairman/CEO. He's tied to the Cohen inquiry and allegations about suppressing bought stories per Trump's alledged mistresses/affairs (Stormy, Karen, et al.).

These tabloids may not be so much about praising Trump, but doing hit jobs on his political opponents and other critics.

A lot of deplorables love those supermarket rags.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2018 1:14 AM

China should take back the trademarks it gave to Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2018 3:02 AM

Screw the trademarks, I hope China shanghais the entire damn family.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2018 4:13 AM

I had a chilling thought while reading this thread. Yes we’ve all heard and read s thousand times that he only cares about ratings. Then a poster mentioned it may have been planned to coincide with the Duluth rally. I suddenly realized, they are LITERALLY script doctoring. Like, they are mapping out the plot for this season like any other show. I believe after this (hopefully) ends, that will come out too. That he and his inner circle were literally writing a story for ratings — it’s all been about ratings to the point where they have mapped out certain events months ahead of time.

Please, soak in that idea for a minute or two. This man and his goombas are literally toying with our government and citizens for what is ultimately his AMUSEMENT. Think about that.

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2018 4:20 AM

Well, makes sense now that North Korea is a an “unusual and extarodinary” threat once again...

Distract and Deflect

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2018 4:42 AM

*extraordinary

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2018 4:43 AM

[quote]Miller needs laid.

Something tells me there are several federal judges filing restraining orders who disagree with you.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2018 4:58 AM

R43, he supposedly used to hang out at Backstreet (a now-closed gay club that was home to a nationally known drag/tranny revue) when he worked for a talk radio station in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2018 5:05 AM

R61 - that would not surprise me one bit. That fat, fudgy, gassy hypocrite knows nothing but lies and delusions. But this entire cult can be caught doing anything and it does not seem to sway opinion in the slightest. This is one scary, fucked up GOP cult that we are up against folks. I know cults well as I lived it as a child (my parents were involved in a Pentecostal religious group of crazed evangelicals) and I escaped it as a teenager. While they are disturbing on multiple levels - my greatest fear is watching thousands of once seemingly intelligent people give up their ability to reason entirely and blindly follow their leader no matter what. Denouncing science, reality, human nature and reason - they become willing brain-washed "warriors" for whatever cause is issued them. We are up against a CULT - the GOP/evangelical right. Mark my words - very little is going to shock them or change their opinions. These are ruined people who no longer posses a brain to reason with.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2018 5:48 AM

You can tweet restaurant suggestions for SHS #Restaurants4Sarah . My favorite so far is the Four Treasons.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2018 6:06 AM

Who are these 90% Republicans who back Trump? Bigots, white supremacy freaks and selfish pigs from all demographics

Get ready for a civil war. The US will turn into a shithole just like Syria

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2018 6:13 AM

[quote]This man and his goombas are literally toying with our government and citizens for what is ultimately his AMUSEMENT.

The toying is a blend of arrogance and deep inadequacy, resulting in sociopathic fiasco. He's a stupid child blundering with the PhD complexities of statecraft, and fouling it up.

As for amusement, it's good to suspect that he's really not enjoying this much at all. The screaming rallies yes - a cheap feelgood drug - but the tidal waves of informed hostile comment daily, not so much.

Has there been one clip of Trump interacting with recognisable human pleasure among his fellow Americans - such as Clinton, Obama, and even GWB (just) could manage with ease? No. Instead, the Mussolini scowl, because, you know, he's so serious and tough. The excellent tabulation of fear-tweets @ R33 regarding Mueller shows that amusement will remain ever more distant.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2018 6:33 AM

Yeah we're being manipulated into a civil war. Who are putins advisers and strategists? Obviously very smart team that has been playing everyone in the US and UK.

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2018 8:19 AM

We have to keep asking: WHERE ARE THE GIRLS?

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2018 12:07 PM

[quote]Someone answered saying that his supporters would only support him more.

I keep reading that kind of comment on twitter and news-ops. The latest is how the criticism of his separation policy is only bonding his supporters to him more tightly or something like that. So what? Does anybody think anything Democrats say or do is going to change the mind of a deplorable? Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2018 12:35 PM

We just have to hope that in November the number of reasonable and honorable people outnumber the bigoted and self-isolated so we can vote these fuckers out of office.

It's fine that there are 30% (or whatever) of Americans who hate everyone who isn't exactly like themselves. (Well, it's NOT fine, but you get my point.) We just really need the other 70% to stand up and say, "Enough is enough. Your politics, your attitudes, your hateful rhetoric will no longer define our country."

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2018 12:47 PM

Exactly. Forget his base.

His power will be drastically diminish as more right thinking Republicans (Frums and Wills), former Republicans (Schmidts) and the ever rising numbers of independents publicly and forcefully reject his, and his enablers’ (looking at you Col. Huckabee Sanders) shit.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2018 12:48 PM

[quote] We just have to hope that in November the number of reasonable and honorable people outnumber the bigoted and self-isolated so we can vote these fuckers out of office.

I think that they will. There already are a lot of people on the left and in the middle who have said "enough is enough." Most people want this daily horror show ended.

And, R32 is correct: this week was exceptionally revealing. The series of lies did not go unnoticed by just about everyone. The "I have to separate and lock up immigrant children because the Democrats passed bad laws and only they can reverse them" was shown, in short order, to be ridiculous, absurd, and totally false. In a matter of days, he went from "I can't sign an executive order," to "Where's the pen, here's the order." So, yes, a very large chink in his armor.

Let's hope that the blue wave comes crashing over this orange, fucking traitor and it leads to his eventual ouster and imprisonment.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2018 1:20 PM

R26 Did you catch the "Fake News" reply when someone called her out on that thread.

Off topic, but Pam Bondi was heckled out of a movie theater days after announcing she was trying to end pre-existing conditions coverage.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2018 1:37 PM

On Fox News earlier David Bossie said a black panelist was out of his “cotton pickin’ “ mind.

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2018 2:29 PM

When confronted, if Missy Huckabee had stood up in the Red Hen Restaurant and sang "Your Cheatin' Heart", this pain would all be over.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2018 2:33 PM

I've heard a few times this morning whether this fiasco was his Katrina. Isn't Puerto Rico his Katrina?

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2018 3:33 PM

Wasn’t Charleston his Katrina?

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2018 3:58 PM

Someone made the point that all this mess, that is, his WHOLE “Presidency”, is going to give Mueller’s conclusions a sense of inevitability.

I’ve felt like many here do, that giving so much value to this “base” of his is a pointless distraction.

FUCK HIS BASE!

It’s ironic that these hateful oxygen pirates think of themselves as the “real Americans”, when it’s so clear that they are the very worst examples of humanity.

And they know it too. It explains the unreasonable digging-in when they’re constantly confronted with truth & facts.

Petulant children do this.

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2018 4:03 PM

No, Katrina was one of the pee pee girls.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2018 4:11 PM

Lord, now I can't get this damn song out of my head.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2018 5:07 PM

[quote] they are LITERALLY script doctoring. Like, they are mapping out the plot for this season like any other show

Real life doesn’t work like that. Hurricanes, floods, fires, earthquakes can cause a completely new world to open after they occur. The death of moguls or dictators happen. Cancer. Stroke. A fib. CHF, Parkinson’s....all things that can strike. Look at Lee Atwater. He was the number one wunderkind of the right. Funny thing though, he developed a conscience before he died. His partners, Manafort and Stone, will develop no such thing. They’ll just die shriveled and rotten when their time comes.

There’s no way to predict the future. They can plot all they want...doesn’t mean anything they plot is guaranteed to happen. Notice that with previous presidents you see photos of them meeting and greeting people in all parts of the country. First Ladies also traveled a lot through the country and had meet and greets, mostly with children. When did you ever see the Trumps do that? The only time Donald Trump travels in the US is to golf or have a rally where he can soak up adulation. The only time he sees regular people is in tightly coordinated WH photo ops. Melania rarely travels to parts of America unless she has to — and you didn’t see her in Puerto Rico. Only in TX. If she reads to children it’s either in the WH or at a nearby school. Everything is for them, not for anyone else. They are the two most selfish brats ever to occupy the WH.

No matter how much Trumptards try to rationalize Melania Trump’s “I don’t care” jacket, on some level even they know it is bizarrely inappropriate and 100% egocentric.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2018 5:40 PM

But r80, Mr. Christie just commented this morning on what a hard worker she was!

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2018 6:24 PM

The whole presidency has been his Katrina.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2018 6:43 PM

Have you guys completely missed Mark Warner's comments last night?

"SEN. MARK WARNER (D-Va.) hosted a dinner Friday night for more than 100 guests at his house on Martha’s Vineyard as part of the DSCC’S annual Majority Trust retreat. OVERHEARD: Warner, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, joking to the crowd: “If you get me one more glass of wine, I’ll tell you stuff only Bob Mueller and I know. If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up. It’s going to be a wild couple of months.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Oh god R83, I think I just came.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote]I've heard a few times this morning whether this fiasco was his Katrina. Isn't Puerto Rico his Katrina?

And that's the problem with Trump: he's got a new "Katrina" every week, lowering the bar every week, creating some new outrage every week. The national media simply don't know how to handle this, nor do we as a country. There is little time for the outrage to really build because we've got a new outrage arriving so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2018 6:58 PM

r85.....bullshit....we know exactly what to do, but congress and the entire GOP are complicit and ignoring the blatant crimes and abuses.....anyone else would have been impeached months ago...and his acolytes fired on their first offense. We know what to do, but we are powerless without those with autority willing to take action. Every single person who is complicit needs to be charged with crimes when this is all uncovered....none of this "let it go and move on for the sake of the nation" shit. Congressmen, Senators, cabinet members, aides, etc ALL need to be charged and made to pay back the spoils of their graft. WE THE PEOPLE need to demand it happen, politics be damned.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2018 7:06 PM

[quote]The whole presidency has been his Katrina.

And it's not working out well for him.

by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2018 7:06 PM

Reigning with a urolagnia fetish that needs to be satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2018 7:12 PM

We should have a thread purely composed of Ivanka Trump photos posing with her fingers under her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2018 7:23 PM

She's just making sure her chin implant isn't slipping, r89.

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote] R86: Every single person who is complicit needs to be charged with crimes when this is all uncovered.... Congressmen, Senators, cabinet members, aides, etc ALL need to be charged and made to pay back the spoils of their graft. WE THE PEOPLE need to demand it happen, politics be damned.

I agree with the sentiment completely; however, I am wondering about the process. If too many important people are targeted at the same time, they could band together to make it impossible to prosecute.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2018 7:44 PM

[quote] If too many important people are targeted at the same time, they could band together to make it impossible to prosecute.

It really does depend on who is in charge of the House and the Senate when the crimes (and the evidence underlying them) are made public. There is a lot less that tRump and the Repukes can do once they no longer control the Congress.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2018 8:09 PM

[quote]We should have a thread purely composed of Ivanka Trump photos

from the future

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2018 9:04 PM

Apparently Donald Trump is doubling down on something that doesn't seem to be popular with anybody outside his Deplorable base.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2018 9:09 PM

R83, I hope to hell he is being honest.

I can't believe Trump is meeting Putin face to face. I wonder what the NSA et al thinks about that?

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2018 9:14 PM

Mueller: Confiscate Donald’s passport before he escapes!

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Micah Zenko, senior fellow of Chatham House, an independent policy institute based in London:

Former Chinese official/diplomat met with today said, "Every country thinks America has gone crazy. We benefit by doing nothing, other than appearing sane."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2018 9:46 PM

I wonder about the scenario whereby the Congress, at least the House, turns blue after the 2018 midterm election. Between Election Day and when the newly elected Congress is seated, the lame duck Republican Congress takes-up impeachment, but fails to oust Trump for whatever reason.

Then the Dems are worn in. Can they take up the impeachment issue again? I see nothing in the Constitution to prohibit it. I think they could repeatedly bring Trump up on impeachment for as long as the voters support it and until they succeed.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2018 9:48 PM

R98, that's some weird speculation. Why would the Repugs in Congress do that?

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2018 9:56 PM

I would bet that Sen. Mitch McConnell has a tiger-team considering the political consequences of ousting Trump, and the right time to do so. They’d have to consider the likelihood that the Dems take the House in the midterms and the status in the Senate.

They might find that it is better for the Republicans to impeach Trump and fail to oust before the election, as a way to try to block the future Democratic congress from taking up impeachment and potentially succeeding. Or, they may prefer Pence as President and be happy to oust Trump.

R99, suppose Mueller finds evidence that both Trump and Pence are hopelessly corrupt and/or Russian assets. The Republicans know that the Dems are going to sweep the midterms as a result, and then impeach both after they are seated in January. That would mean that the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, would become President. Instead, if the Republicans impeach both before the congress changes in January, that would mean that Paul Ryan would become President.

That’s why they need a tiger team. There are a lot of variables and a lot depends on ever-changing public support.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2018 10:07 PM

R97 Good one! I don't even think the Chinese take Trump seriously anymore, since it's one day this and another day that. It's like dealing with a dementia patient... no one can predict how deluded they are from day to day. The dilemma for the US is what to do with Demented Donald. You know he is going to keep rocking the boat until it sinks if the adults don't stop him.

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2018 10:14 PM

[quote]Oh god, I think I just came.

You're not sure?

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2018 10:15 PM

[quote] Instead, if the Republicans impeach both before the congress changes in January, that would mean that Paul Ryan would become President.

I think you are way overestimating the speed of impeachment proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2018 10:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote]The Clintons & The Obamas have always gone ANYWHERE they want, to eat or to a show or ANYWHERE.People usually stand up & cheer when they’re spotted.

True, but they tend not to frequent Chic Fil A, Waffle Houses, Truck Pulls and NASCAR

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2018 10:25 PM

[quote]Ivanka should have hauled her ass around the detention centers and at least portray she is concerned about the circumstances.

Yes but she needed to upstage Melanoma, and her "Fuck The Little Shits" jacket wasn't ready

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote]You can tweet restaurant suggestions for SHS #Restaurants4Sarah . My favorite so far is the Four Treasons.

Why should twitter have all the fun? should be a DL thread

"Pig 'n' Whistle" ?

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2018 10:39 PM

[quote]I think you are way overestimating the speed of impeachment proceedings.

...and the presence of anything resembling a moral compass among congressional rethuglicans.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2018 11:08 PM

Dems won’t get anywhere with impeachment until they have the House and Senate

We are talking years, not months

All this border BS is to create chaos and throw brown meat to Republicans

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2018 12:56 AM

Meghan McCain’s bitching on Twitter about SHS being “ambushed.” I hope Joy slams that cunt hard on the facts tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2018 1:06 AM

bitch, please.....

Sanders: White House Declines To Apologize For Aide's Reported Comment Mocking Senator John McCain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2018 1:11 AM

The cake is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2018 1:22 AM

I really can't understand how the dimwit Meghan McCain keeps defending these people who have dragged her father. She acts like a cult member. Oh wait...

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2018 1:33 AM

Yeah I threw up in my mouth a bit reading some of the NY Times article about how R's double down on Drumpf when poor little cheeto is being picked on. Duh, we called that one, there is no reasoning with these people. My question is how many Steve Schmidt's are out there now? Is there polling on that?

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2018 1:35 AM

Fox making a big fuss about SHS's expulsion from the Red Hen.

That restaurant is quite expensive and they advertise about being "progressive".

Restaurants named Red Hen in other locales (not a chain, not affiliated) are receiving threatening calls and nasty posts and ratings on their respective websites. Some owners have responded with announcements on Facebook that they are not affiliated and all are welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2018 1:38 AM

We need to lower our expectations for impeachment. Even if we win the House handily, there will be no point in bringing impeachment charges if we are sure to lose in the Senate. It would be a win for Trump if the House impeaches him and then the Senate exonerates him. We can't let these expectations turn into a 2020 election where a bunch of Democratic voters are pissed off or disillusioned because the impeachment didn't happen and let this fucker win reelection.

I get so angry at the ignorant, whiny Dems who still trot out Nancy Pelosi not impeaching Bush as the reason they didn't vote then and aren't enthusiastic Democrats anymore because, wahwahwah, both parties are the same! He isn't getting impeached unless we take the House and take the Senate with a 60+ seat majority and that's not going to happen. The Repugs will never grow a spine or conscience, so unless it's doable by Democrats alone, we need to stop thinking this way or it's going to hurt us in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2018 1:48 AM

R114, it's called the blowback effect and it's not unique to Trumpers. It is due to the tendency humans have to adopt theories of how the world works in advance of seeing facts that support that theory. When someone is confronted by overwhelming evidence that that a theory ("Trump is looking out for me," "Trump is a good president," etc.) wrong, he tends to double down on his belief and reject the facts. Apparently, the more decisive the contrary facts are, the more intensely the person will reject them.

by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2018 1:50 AM

Unfortunately for us, Trump is doing exactly what Republicans want and they don’t care about ethics or morality - they just want their own “American” (aka selfish) beliefs validated. This includes racism, homophobia and greed

by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2018 2:18 AM

And women being second to men

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2018 2:22 AM

[quote] He isn't getting impeached unless we take the House and take the Senate with a 60+ seat majority and that's not going to happen.

I think that you are wrong about the Senate. Oh, you are correct, of course, that we are not going to win in November with a 60+ majority. However, we do not know what evidence Mueller has uncovered. It may be so overwhelming and incontrovertible that even 16-20 Rethug Senators can't deny the charges and will vote to remove him from office. Unlike House members, you don't see a lot of Repub Senators rushing to his defense -- with the exception -- I declare -- of Miz Lindsay who loves to go sashaying in front of the cameras. If Mueller's case is airtight, then they will either vote to remove him or a group of them will go to the WH and try and convince him that if he doesn't leave they will have to vote to take him out of office.

These folks don't exactly love him. They tolerate him for a variety of reasons -- tax cuts and judges -- but they think that he is a disaster for their party, the rule of law, and the institutions of government. The House Rethugs are a lost cause. I'm not certain that the same applies to the Repub Senators who will be in office come January 2019.

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2018 2:23 AM

name them. these 16 to 20 rethuglican senators who would vote to impeach even if mueller had a video of trump handing over top secret docs to vlad, or incontrovertible proof that the russians funneled millions of dollars to the trumps.

I can maybe get to 8 or 10, but no way are there another 7-9

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2018 2:27 AM

Her tits are sagging; age is catching up with that piss elegant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2018 2:29 AM

either the GOP (which is now a trump cult) dies on a national level, as it has in CA, or American democracy dies. Those are the only possible outcomes

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2018 2:31 AM

[quote] R114: My question is how many Steve Schmidt's are out there now? Is there polling on that?

R114, check out the link. I think there are at least 100 unique names of prominent Republicans who are anti-Trump. You’ll recall, there was only one major newspaper that endorsed him, and no former Republican Presidents or Presidental candidates endorsed him. Towards the end of the list, I think there are links to Wikipedia topics that similarly contain lists of Republican leaders who are also anti-Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2018 2:36 AM

none of whom are in the senate

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2018 2:38 AM

Romney will be in the Senate, and he’s anti-Trump. He, and others like him, would be wise to keep their yaps shut until and unless they discretely assemble a winning collection of votes. Trump is a vindictive cunt so most Congresspeople will stay quiet until they have the votes to oust him.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2018 2:43 AM

delusional R126, or you an alien, or rip van winkle, or possibly an eldergay who remembers Nixon in an ancient time when honorable republicans roamed the earth

by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2018 2:47 AM

I’m Mr. Brontosaurus, so am all those things, thank you.

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2018 2:50 AM

Romney may be anti-Trump in theory but he's sure not anti-Trump in practice. He'll suck Trump's dick if it helps him politically.

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote]Romney will be in the Senate, and he’s anti-Trump.

Is he? IS he?

by Anonymousreply 130June 25, 2018 2:55 AM

The majority of the vocal supporters of Trump in the House are the tea party members......thats also the bigger part of Trumps base.....thats where all the crazy is coming from.

by Anonymousreply 131June 25, 2018 2:55 AM

Republicans will.NOT voluntarily cede power. That have to be voted out

by Anonymousreply 132June 25, 2018 2:56 AM

Romney will go whichever way the political wind is blowing. He’s not going to be leading any movements.

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2018 2:56 AM

If voting is even real anymore

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2018 2:56 AM

I dont think Romney will win.

by Anonymousreply 135June 25, 2018 2:57 AM

I would like him impeached but I would also settle for hamstringing him with a Democratic Congress this year and handing him a resounding and humiliating defeat in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2018 2:57 AM

R129, I think Romney’s position is entirely dependent on whether a challenge will succeed or not.

For example, recall that Trump gave out Miss Lindsey’s personal cel number on TV. Also, Miss Lindsey is McCain’s BFF, and Trump was really rude to McCain, who hates Trump. So, Lindsey probably hates Trump, too, despite the feigned support recently.

I would bet that most Republican Senators despise Trump and would welcome the opportunity to see him exposed and then vote for his removal. Especially if Pence is seen as an acceptable replacement.

by Anonymousreply 137June 25, 2018 2:59 AM

Romney will fold like the cheap suit he is.

"Republican chairwoman[and Mitt's niece] warns anyone who does not embrace Trump's agenda 'will be making a mistake'"

Ronna Romney McDaniel, the chair of the Republican National Committee, raised alarm bells and critics argued she had adopted a threatening tone.

Her tweet compounded existing concerns over the Trump administration's perceived co-ordinated efforts to crush any dissent.

by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2018 3:01 AM

Lindsay has no power- feckless she male

by Anonymousreply 139June 25, 2018 3:03 AM

R137 [quote]So, Lindsey probably hates Trump, too,

Do you people live under fucking rocks, or did mom kill the router in the basement?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 25, 2018 3:05 AM

Those are just words, R140. Did Brutus not praise Caesar, before he plunged in the knife?

by Anonymousreply 141June 25, 2018 3:08 AM

A great deal will depend on how much of a bloodbath the election is for Repukes. We will know a lot more on November 7 than we do today when this is all just idle speculation. The Rethugs are hardly profiles in courage, but they'll do whatever they have to help in their own reelection bids.

by Anonymousreply 142June 25, 2018 3:09 AM

What it will take to get Republican members of Congress to step up is a threat to their own power. If sufficient evidence comes along that gets through even to the rabid base that is solidly behind Trump, then you can expect members of Congress to act. It doesn't have to be enough to convince a majority of that base, just enough of them that a) those members of Congress would be in serious jeopardy of being voted out, and b) they can turn on Trump without fear of being removed in a primary.

Regrettably, I don't see any evidence, even direct evidence of money-laundering, conspiracy, and obstruction of justice getting through to that base, at least not in sufficient number that Trump would be in any danger.

by Anonymousreply 143June 25, 2018 3:11 AM

Miz Graham, the belle of South Carolina and currently in the U.S. Senate fully supports her dear handsome gentleman caller, Mr. Trump. Miz Graham is pissed off big time that his (former)dear friend has asked Former Presidents Bush and Obama to eulogize him. How dare he! Choose that uppity black man over the devoted Miz Graham. I have vapors at the very thought.

The girl, miss Lindsey ,gets so very moist at the sight of the Donald and his gentle tender hands that so lovingly caress her flabby butt cheeks and droopy tits. Dear me! I do go on something fierce, don't I.

by Anonymousreply 144June 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Exactly, R143. Lindsey and wood number of other Republican Senators think Trump is a dangerous lunatic. But they’re even more afraid of not getting re-elected — and criticizing Trump means they’ll get primaries by a Trumper ... and likely lose. There will be no profiles in courage coming from these Republican “leaders.”

by Anonymousreply 145June 25, 2018 3:20 AM

[quote] You can tweet restaurant suggestions for SHS #Restaurants4Sarah . My favorite so far is the Four Treasons.

Diner for Schmucks

Ruthless Tuesday’s

by Anonymousreply 146June 25, 2018 3:21 AM

Miss Lindsay wants a war with some place. She does have her spats in the Senate. She ain't letting Tom Cotton upstage her; and she regularly fusses with Rand Paul. The media loves to oblige Miss Lindsay; but she's no moral guide and independent thinker the media has erroneously portrayed for years. Her voting record proves that. She hails from a red state, and who knows what was in her Emails that the Ruskies got their hands on.

by Anonymousreply 147June 25, 2018 3:22 AM

That's why I continue to maintain that the most effective tactic against Trump is to engage politically. Support candidates who will stand up to Trump. Donate your time and money. Help your like-minded friends, colleagues, and neighbors get to the polls. Remind them of the stakes. And, above all, vote!

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote]Donald and his gentle tender tiny hands

fixded

by Anonymousreply 149June 25, 2018 3:25 AM

trumpism is a cult that has swallowed the republican party. no republican can be even mild critical of Hair Furor and not lose a primary to a trumpkin (see sanford, m.).

The more heat he gets and the more his crimes are revealed, the more his base rallies around him. even at the height of the child kidnappings at the border more than 80% of republicans approved of the job he's doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 25, 2018 3:26 AM

trumpism is a cult that has swallowed the republican party. no republican can be even mild critical of Hair Furor and not lose a primary to a trumpkin (see sanford, m.).

The more heat he gets and the more his crimes are revealed, the more his base rallies around him. even at the height of the child kidnappings at the border more than 80% of republicans approved of the job he's doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 25, 2018 3:26 AM

Hey, we’re not the only ones who think this past week was a turning point.

“This Was the Week That Finally Broke Trump’s Spell

He was defeated by the two things he hates most: immigrants, and the media.”

Scroll down this link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 25, 2018 3:33 AM

Sorry. Try this link and scroll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 25, 2018 3:34 AM

Or you could go directly to the article you referred to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 25, 2018 3:35 AM

R146, the funniest I saw were Diane Warren saying KKKFC and someone else White Supremecist Castle

by Anonymousreply 155June 25, 2018 3:35 AM

You can't fight off a cult-like group like the Deplorables by reasoning with them. They believe what they want to believe and rather try to drag you into their fold than let themseves get dragged out of it.

If you don't like the current state of the US politics you can't rely on others to change it to your liking. You have to take action yourself. r148 has great advice in that regard.

[quote] Support candidates who will stand up to Trump. Donate your time and money. Help your like-minded friends, colleagues, and neighbors get to the polls. Remind them of the stakes. [bold]And, above all, vote! [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 156June 25, 2018 3:37 AM

I think we really need to get the word out that impeachment is not an automatic come next January. When Pelosi or whomever doesn't immediately move to impeach, I don't want to hear the wounded cries of those ignorant of the process. It may very well be "off the table" again and people need to be informed that that is the most likely outcome of all of this. We need to lower the expectations, especially of the younger Dem voters who don't know how things work and will just start whining about how they are going to be Green Party voters because the Dems let them down, etc.

I predict the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothing will start the day after Dems take the House. We have to be prepared to educate those who don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 157June 25, 2018 5:13 AM

It might be easier to invoke the insanity cause.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2018 5:15 AM

Trumps people are having a hard time being accepted and who will hire them, after they have shown themselves to have such bad judgment?

by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2018 5:30 AM

One thing we know, Hope Hicks will testify for Mueller. Ivanka is guilty and Jared is super guilty, why won't. Mueller have them arrested?

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2018 5:31 AM

My estimate is that there are currently 13 Rs and Is who would vote to impeach. That means that Dems need to pick up 5 seats at a minimum in the senate for removal by impeachment to be a reality.

by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2018 6:34 AM

Is that possible r161? Just over a year ago, we all thought it impossible to take back House, and now that looks possible. Five Senate seats seems quite hard but doable.

by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2018 7:32 AM

[quote]He was defeated by the two things he hates most: immigrants, and the media.”

This is the only instance I remember of news anchors/talk show hosts just outright saying "This is a lie."

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2018 7:40 AM

R161, are you counting people like Flake and Corker and McCain in that total? If not those, then I'd like to see who of the remaining you think will vote to remove Trump from office if impeached.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2018 7:40 AM

What the Democrats need to do is know what the people, who voted / vote / will vote for them, want. To fight off disillusionment they have to get the people's trust and act on their behalt.

Trump (and Pence). Must. Go.

The Democrats must accomplis hthat , IF that is in their power after the mid-term election, in order to meet their voters' expectation. Another "impeachment is off the table" will destroy the US citizens' belief in a just system that works for the good of all (and not just the 1%).

by Anonymousreply 165June 25, 2018 7:42 AM

Sorry, ... act on their behalf.

The Democrats must accomplish that, IF ...

by Anonymousreply 166June 25, 2018 7:43 AM

R165, rather than not impeaching him, would you rather impeach him and then have him found not guilty by the Senate? What you said is exactly the expectation we need to fight against. People need to understand that even if we get the House, we do not have the power to remove Trump. That expectation is going to lead to disaster for the Dems in 2020 because there's almost a 100% chance that it will not happen with the makeup of the Senate, even after the midterms. Trump will either have to resign or lose in 2020. I literally have zero faith in the idea that the Repugs will become magically enlightened and help the Dems remove the fucker.

by Anonymousreply 167June 25, 2018 7:56 AM

r167, it's about the optics (which is what politics is really about). Take the steps to get rid of Trump (and Pence) and if you are seen to take the steps, but get thwarted by the remaining Republicans in power, then nobody can hold that against you.

by Anonymousreply 168June 25, 2018 8:03 AM

Republican Senators who would probably vote to impeach. Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, Romney (if elected). John McCain, (if alive) Smaller likelihood, but possible: Rand Paul, Richard Burr, Marco Rubio, Shelley Capito, Rob Portman, possibly Chuck Grassley, Cory Garnder, or Lindsay Graham. ... But there are a lot of iffy votes there...... I'd sure feel more secure about impeachment with 52 Democrats in the Senate.....Frickin' southern Republican Senators wouldn't vote to impeach if Mueller brought in a dead body with Trump's fingerprints all over it......

by Anonymousreply 169June 25, 2018 8:28 AM

[quote]southern Republican Senators wouldn't vote to impeach if Mueller brought in a dead body with Trump's fingerprints all over it

Thus fulfilling Trump's proud fantasy of untouchable murder.

by Anonymousreply 170June 25, 2018 9:04 AM

Pelosi may be old, but she’s farsighted and smart

Hatred of Trump is rampant among Dems. If they vote she’ll have a majority come January. What she wants is a supermajority.

For that she needs independents and disaffected Republicans who want to “check” Trump, but not necessarily throw him out of office (e.g. the George Will-types), to cross over and note for the Democratic candidate as a holding action until Mueller completes his work.

Hence her: “Impeachment is off the Table” comment.

by Anonymousreply 171June 25, 2018 9:18 AM

Rob Portman wouldn’t vote to impeach. It would be political suicide here in Ohio, no matter what comes out about Trump. He’s not a leader and he’s not courageous.

by Anonymousreply 172June 25, 2018 10:03 AM

The Republican Congress has already ceded power. To Trump. What you're talking about is threatening their seat and we haven't used the full arsenal of our power to do that. We have to expose them ,shine a media spotlight on them, have people demonstrating outside their homes, and making life hell for them. Remember. These people are essentially cowards. They have never faced any consequences and that is what we have to do.

Yes, voting i definitely number one. But we have to embarrass them, and expose them. The Trump cult like all cult is small in numbers. The media wants us to believe they are significant but they are far fewer than we are. Remember that. There are more of us than of them. One thing the immigration over reach has done for us is affect young people and others who are usually, "not very political." We need to use that.

The other thing we have to do is focus locally. Get rid of the GOP state legislators and state and local office holders. Always remember that is was our own failure (collectively) in 2010, that brought a lot of this on to ourselves. We had a Democratic Congress in 2010 and we gave it away in a critical year when redistricting happened too. So get local and lets start eradicating these bastards like the roaches and vermin they are. We can't afford to have them in office at any level.

by Anonymousreply 173June 25, 2018 10:04 AM

The cowardly Republicans in the Senate will vote with the Democrats if the media and public opinion clearly show they have to. Look at what's happening with immigration. The Trump supporter are divided against one another locally. The pushback from the mainstream media against Trump's lies is happening. If the Mueller investigation exposes enough filth, and I believe it will, then you will get Republicans to vote with Dems in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 174June 25, 2018 10:07 AM

[quote] The cowardly Republicans in the Senate will vote with the Democrats if the media and public opinion clearly show they have to.

This is precisely right.

And, R169, you left off of your list John Kennedy of Louisiana, the former Democrat turned Rethuglican, who thoroughly humiliated one of Trump's unqualified judicial nominees by asking him some simple questions, the answers to which should have been easy for anyone who intended to become a federal trial judge. Also, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, who has not been reluctant to criticize Trump would be a likely Rethug vote to impeach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 25, 2018 10:39 AM

[quote] The cowardly Republicans in the Senate will vote with the Democrats if the media and public opinion clearly show they have to.

Sure, that's why they changed their tune right after the women's march in 2017. Or after they blamed Soros to hire actors to act as angry citizens in town hall meetings. The pressure really got to them. /s

Vote the fuckers out. Other than civil unrest it's the only way to get through to them.

by Anonymousreply 176June 25, 2018 11:41 AM

#BREAKING: Harley-Davidson to move some production out of US after new Europe tariffs

(More Winning!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 25, 2018 11:53 AM

[quote] Sure, that's why they changed their tune right after the women's march in 2017. Or after they blamed Soros to hire actors to act as angry citizens in town hall meetings.

Those are entirely different situations and are not in the least bit comparable to a decision to remove from office a wholly unfit president who has been shown to have committed several crimes against the United States. Yes, vote them out of office, absolutely. But the likelihood of getting enough of them out to guarantee removal from office after impeachment is unfortunately not likely. It will depend on a handful of Senators to vote with the majority to get to the magic number of 67 to remove this fucking traitor.

Let's see what evidence Mueller has and what the composition of the U.S. Senate is before declaring tRump's removal from office is a complete impossibility. These bastards have no spine; they are like flags flapping in the breeze. They'll turn whichever way the wind is blowing.

by Anonymousreply 178June 25, 2018 12:02 PM

I agree the best and most immediate opportunity is to vote the bastards out. We really have to make sure we have massive turn out. I'm really happy the Parkland kids used that horrific shooting to ignite activism. They are having an impact with younger voters. They are traveling the country this summer registering and promoting the vote.

Right now the Washington Post and USA Today are monitoring the lost children and working with local organizations and citizen whistle blowers to find the kids who were taken and identifying the detention centers and foster care facilities. They're exposing the lies being told by Homeland Security about returning kids to parents, and the TV media is doing the human interest stories to show that the people coming in are not illegal immigrants, but asylum seekers.

Trump is calibrating his outrageous public comments, basing them on the data his team is developing about what will "sell" and which words to use to keep his base fired up. (count how many times he will use "illegal" "infest" and other loaded words and phrases designed to scare people and repel people. He is convinced he has this huge base that will be motivated by his lies and distortions to turn out.

We were blindsided in 2016. We are not going to be that stupid again. And the fact is, even if they succeed in returning kids to their families this is not going away. This is character revealing. This shows the whole country and the world what Trump is capable of. The political TV commercials from this will be stunning if handled right. I'm not concerned about Mueller "losing ground" in the court of public opinion. That will change very quickly. Nor of Trump gaining ground. Trump's numbers are only going up among his base not nearly as much with Indies. And face it. What kind of person would describe themselves as an "independent" at this point, when faced with crying babies?

by Anonymousreply 179June 25, 2018 12:06 PM

[quote] Those are entirely different situations and are not in the least bit comparable to a decision to remove from office a wholly unfit president who has been shown to have committed several crimes against the United States.

Sure, "Grab 'em by the pussy!" really was what made him so presidential to the Republican Party and they knew the guy would be a great POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 180June 25, 2018 12:12 PM

Why are they making the children wear masks in public? Why don't they want us to see their faces?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 25, 2018 12:39 PM

[quote] Sure, "Grab 'em by the pussy!" really was what made him so presidential to the Republican Party and they knew the guy would be a great POTUS.

You are mixing apples and oranges in a steadfast determination to "prove" that the Repub Senators will not vote to remove him from office. Rethug voters in a general election voting for tRump are simply not the same as Republican Senators voting on removing him after hearing evidence of his crimes. Plus, the Repubs who, at least publicly, said they were aghast at his "grab 'em by the pussy" comment are the same people who will now be the ones deciding his fate.

by Anonymousreply 182June 25, 2018 12:48 PM

[quote] You are mixing apples and oranges in a steadfast determination to "prove" that the Repub Senators will not vote to remove him from office.

I don't need to prove anything. Their past actions speak for themselves. It's your trust in them doing the right thing after all the wrong things they did that is misguided.

by Anonymousreply 183June 25, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote] It's your trust in them doing the right thing after all the wrong things they did that is misguided.

Nonsense. I'm not "trusting" anyone to do anything. I'm merely open to the possibility that they may vote to remove him after they hear the evidence and after they make the necessary political calculations following November's election and whatever the polls are saying at the time the question is presented to them. You, on the other hand, seem to be adamantly certain of something that you cannot accurately predict, because there are simply too many unknown variables.

by Anonymousreply 184June 25, 2018 1:29 PM

Tomorrow in NY state there are Congressional primaries. Especially if you live in a district where the House seat is occupied by a repub (as I do) get out and vote, Dems! Choose the candidate with the best chance of flipping that seat.

by Anonymousreply 185June 25, 2018 1:30 PM

And for those of us not voting, donate to the DCCC and the DSCC!

by Anonymousreply 186June 25, 2018 2:08 PM

What happened with Avanati 's claim over the weekend he had some damaging info?

by Anonymousreply 187June 25, 2018 2:09 PM

He said he's vetting it and going over it.

Sorry it's not quick enough for you.

by Anonymousreply 188June 25, 2018 2:23 PM

They ain't stopping Kelly Anne from dining out. She went to a restaurant to dine, and the manager noticed her, and walked up to her and said, "Miss Canway, you must leave, we are appauled about Trump and his administration". Miss Canway replied, "if you force me out, I will release a major queef, that will knock out your patrons and bring down this establishment". The manger replied, "I've changed my mind, please stay Miss Canway, and dinner is on the house".

by Anonymousreply 189June 25, 2018 2:49 PM

^appalled

by Anonymousreply 190June 25, 2018 2:52 PM

i have to agree with the posters who doubt that Repubs will ever vote to impeach- no matter what. I believe many are compromised. Miss Lindsey did a 180 in supporting Trump a while back after saying he was crazy. I suspect the Ruskies faked or produced real compramat on her. Probably real since I believe she has issues. There has to be some reason why so many, who once were never Trumpers, suddenly did 180s and started defending the big orange slug. And it wasn't just that tax deal. The whole GOP stinks like Kellyannes pussy. Not saying Mueller might have overwhelming evidence of Trump and partners in crime treasonous acts, but nothing is a done deal. Something rotten in the state of ...I'm still going to fight but Trump has always gotten away with everything. And that any woman would vote for Mr. Pussy Grabber is just bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 191June 25, 2018 3:30 PM

If Mueller ultimately releases reports that would lead the House to bring impeachment proceedings, it ultimately doesn't matter so matter so much whether there would be enough Senate votes to convict at trial (which requires a supermajority, right?). No president in history has ever been convicted in the Senate and thrown out, but if impeachment even begins it will put plenty of those fuckers on the record and make them own their excuses for him.

In the meantime, who knows what nasty stuff about associates and staffers is yet to be revealed?

by Anonymousreply 192June 25, 2018 3:42 PM

[quote] {bold] I'm merely open to the possibility [/bold] that they may vote to remove him after they hear the evidence and after they make the necessary political calculations following November's election and whatever the polls are saying at the time the question is presented to them.

And that makes you a fool in my eyes. The whole Republican Party has already dismissed Mueller's investigation as a witch hunt with all the talking points given to them by Trump himself. Individual members turning on Trump? I woud not be "open" to that possibility, because there is not a single indication that anyone of them would flip given how implicated they are with all the Russian meddling as it is.

by Anonymousreply 193June 25, 2018 3:44 PM

If Mueller produces evidence that is damning, you better believe the GOP will turn on Trump and get rid of him.....regardless if what you think the GOP will do, if the evidence shows Trump is a criminal and may have altered the election it then becomes survival of the fittest.....anyone defending Trump will know it will be the end of their political career.....remember, we wont be talking about a blowjob here, but crimes against the US and possibly treason......you cant rationalize that or spin it into something altruistic.

by Anonymousreply 194June 25, 2018 3:59 PM

The Ruskies appear to have collected a lot of dirt on members of Congress from both parties. They've been at it a long time. This includes surveillance, hacking, and entrapping, long known tactics. Matters include,sexual behaviors and affairs, sleazy and illegal financial transactions, and any other dirt collected. Publications such as the National Enquirer will get the stories, or one of Rupert Murdoch's outlets. ,Ruskies will not acknowledge when they are the source.

by Anonymousreply 195June 25, 2018 4:03 PM

The SDNY office cancelled meeting with Stormy and Avenatti. And the DOJ has caved, again, and turned over many documents to the House Republicans so that they can share with Trump to prepare a defense. I want to hope that everything will come out but I don't take anything for granted. Trump could already have been impeached. He's under investigation for violating emoluments, at least 2 women are suing him, Stormy and the gal from Apprentice.

BTW, have we all and the media just forgotten Melanias's message jacket. That was tacky and beneath any first lady. I don't care who or what the message was about. She certainly wasn't Be(ing) Best when she chose to pull that stunt.

by Anonymousreply 196June 25, 2018 4:12 PM

A woman who poses nude, fingering herself, is beneath what a first lady should be....

by Anonymousreply 197June 25, 2018 4:21 PM

Does anyone know how much longer the investigation will take? I don’t understand why there haven’t been any hearings. I’m very uneasy about everything that’s going on. When is Mueller going to have enough evidence to arrest this president?

by Anonymousreply 198June 25, 2018 4:23 PM

I don’t understand why there haven’t been any hearings. I’m very uneasy about everything that’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 199June 25, 2018 4:30 PM

r199....just STOP. Remember, things are darkest just before dawn.

by Anonymousreply 200June 25, 2018 4:32 PM

Mueller has Erik Prince's phones and computer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 25, 2018 4:39 PM

I don’t understand why there haven’t been any hearings. I’m very uneasy about everything that’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 202June 25, 2018 4:43 PM

[quote]I don’t understand why there haven’t been any hearings. I’m very uneasy

Well, there was a bail revocation hearing for his former campaign "Chairman" Manafort, and now that guy is sitting in federal jail, quite possibly without benefit of his wig.

by Anonymousreply 203June 25, 2018 4:50 PM

Why is this person repeating my post?

by Anonymousreply 204June 25, 2018 4:50 PM

But when is Mueller going to arrest Trump??

Does he have to be impeached first?

by Anonymousreply 205June 25, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote]BTW, have we all and the media just forgotten Melanias's message jacket. That was tacky and beneath any first lady.

No, it was and is unforgettable. It would be tacky in any circumstances, but given the current crisis it defies human comprehension. It's not conceivable that any other FLOTUS ever would or could be so howlingly callous.

If she thinks it might be forgotten, she'll lower her game yet more. Every week DL and the sane globally say, This is a new low. But with the Trumps, there are no limits to their vulgarity and stupidity. We all know worse will follow.

by Anonymousreply 206June 25, 2018 4:53 PM

[quote] R198: When is Mueller going to have enough evidence, to arrest this President?

It’s complicated. Mueller already has a slew of inditements. He’s sent one man, the Dutch guy, to jail. He has a number of others who have plead guilty and are awaiting sentencing. And lots of them are singing. So, Mueller is making progress.

I think that Mueller knows that he needs solid, incontrovertible evidence of wrongdoing; and also must present it in a manner that is persuasive.

by Anonymousreply 207June 25, 2018 4:54 PM

Rock on Mueller. I hope Prince and Devoss both land in jail

by Anonymousreply 208June 25, 2018 5:01 PM

R191 &r195 are right GOP has a kompromat problem. Esp miss Lindsey

by Anonymousreply 209June 25, 2018 5:02 PM

So, if he is arrested, does that mean he’s impeached?

by Anonymousreply 210June 25, 2018 5:04 PM

I hope that Trump's perp walk is thru all states so people can spit on him and throw garbage at him

by Anonymousreply 211June 25, 2018 5:08 PM

No, R210. These are two separate processes. And it's highly unlikely that he will be arrested, at least prior to any potential impeachment.

by Anonymousreply 212June 25, 2018 5:10 PM

Out of idle curiosity, R210, why did you ask a question that you already know the answer to?

[quote]But when is Mueller going to arrest Trump?? Does he have to be impeached first?

[quote]So, if he is arrested, does that mean he’s impeached?

And in another thread:

[quote]A couple of you need to calm down. Mueller is not going to indict a sitting president. He’ll issue a report to Rosenstein, who will probably pass it along to Congress.

[quote]As far as impeachment goes, that’s only 50% of the process. Dems will probably regain control of the House, but if there aren’t votes in the Senate to convict, an impeachment will backfire badly.

by Anonymousreply 213June 25, 2018 5:11 PM

R213, a better question is, why do you like robbing people of joy?

by Anonymousreply 214June 25, 2018 5:15 PM

Mostly because people who take "joy" in trolling are sociopaths, so anything that can be done to take their "joy" away is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 215June 25, 2018 5:20 PM

You call it trolling, but I prefer the term “internet performance art.”

by Anonymousreply 216June 25, 2018 5:23 PM

I can't wait for Rachel tonight where she says I had a whole show planned but it has been scrapped for breaking news

by Anonymousreply 217June 25, 2018 5:26 PM

Anyone who thinks a Trump will be impeached by the senate is out of their minds. Mitt Romney? Really? Mittens’ niece is the RNC’s moll and is all in with Trump. Mitt wanted to be Trump’s SoS. Crawled on his belly to Trump begging for a job.

If trump gets impeached it’s in the house, not the senate.

I’m amazed by how many people don’t even know what impeachment is and how the process works, but run around screaming “Impeach!” Find out what it is. How it works. Oh, and go look up the difference between Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security while you’re at it. I can’t believe how anyone in America who isn’t illiterate doesnt know what these very important things are, and that 2 of them are only a little more than 50 years old, meaning many people still alive today remember a time when they didn’t exist.

by Anonymousreply 218June 25, 2018 5:43 PM

The House impeaches; the Senates votes to convict or acquit.

by Anonymousreply 219June 25, 2018 5:49 PM

R210 is a new form of “I’m an idiot! Please explain everything to me!” troll designed to derail discussions while basic concepts it already knows are explained to it. I already had it on ignore for very good reason.

Erik Prince is deeply wrapped up in all this. That Seychelles meeting has never been off Mueller’s radar.

I also agree with others that this past week was different. The Teflon was not working as it usually does. And many of my Trump supporting family members when radio silent for several days, seeming to not know how to respond to all this. Now that they have the shiny squirrel of the Red Hen/Fuckabee story, there are lots of posts supporting SHS. But the family separation thing they are really not touching. It’s interesting.

by Anonymousreply 220June 25, 2018 5:53 PM

Exactly right, r219. Only the House can bring articles of impeachment. It has happened twice, to Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. It was in the process against Nixon when Nixon resigned.

Only the Senate, by a supermajority, can convict on impeachment charges and remove a president, after trial presided over by the Chief Justice of SCOTUS. Neither Johnson nor Clinton were removed, because they were acquitted by the "jury " vote in the Senate.

Nixon palmist certainly would have been impeached and convicted, and knew it. That's why he resigned. So the process can work to force change in the office even without going all the way, if the facts are nailed down and the charges merit impeachment by the House.

by Anonymousreply 221June 25, 2018 6:01 PM

Trump represents [bold] ALL of the 7 Deadly Sins:

Greed, Lust, Anger, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, and Pride

by Anonymousreply 222June 25, 2018 6:08 PM

And orangeness

by Anonymousreply 223June 25, 2018 6:16 PM

The monster and his whore are receiving the King of Jordan and his wife (the American?) now.

by Anonymousreply 224June 25, 2018 6:19 PM

R222, it is f’ed-up that there could be a single person who so accurately represents the 7 deadly sins. And then it is further f’ed-up that this person is elevated by the hoi-polloi. It’s a con and on a scale I never imagined possible.

by Anonymousreply 225June 25, 2018 6:25 PM

P.T. Barnum was, indeed, prescient r225.

by Anonymousreply 226June 25, 2018 7:03 PM

So was Dostoyevsky, who wrote The Brothers Karamazov in 1897. This is a chapter from it entitled The Old Buffoon:

Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself. the man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than any one. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill -- he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it, and so pass to genuine vindictiveness.

by Anonymousreply 227June 25, 2018 8:23 PM

Dostoyevsky... great guy... loves my hotels. Sad that the fake news is picking on him because he's Russian, they keep mentioning crime and punishment but he hasn't even had a fair trial. Witch hunt!

by Anonymousreply 228June 25, 2018 8:38 PM

LOL, R228.

by Anonymousreply 229June 25, 2018 8:39 PM

they're all dead souls

by Anonymousreply 230June 25, 2018 8:41 PM

well, true but the orange one is also the idiot

by Anonymousreply 231June 25, 2018 8:53 PM

Trump’s Roach-Infested Restaurants

In April, Washington, D.C. inspectors visited the Trump International Hotel and found 10 health-code violations, including raw meat stored above ready-to-eat foods and containers of flour stored next to a hand sink that lacked a splash guard. Inspectors also found that the hotel was operating a number of on-site kitchens without city permits to do so.

The president’s Mar-a-Lago resort has been faulted with 51 health-code violations since 2013. Health inspectors have also found an additional 30 at Mar-a-Lago’s beach.

Trump’s Doral golf club outside Miami has fared even worse: In its main kitchen, banquet hall, café, patio grill, and bungalows, inspectors have found 524 health-code violations since 2013, including a number that resulted in fines. Among inspectors’ findings were multiple spottings of live and dead cockroaches (they noted 20-25 live ones visibly present in the main kitchen during one 2015 visit), “slimy/mold-like build-up” in coolers and freezers, and holes in kitchen walls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 25, 2018 10:38 PM

Sounds like “the kitchen of Dorian Gray”, R232.

by Anonymousreply 233June 25, 2018 10:54 PM

Throw all of them out of every restaurant AND continue to remind them that people have gone to jail in this situation already. Prince next?

Just staying on track with this, btw. I know R201 already posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 25, 2018 11:28 PM

Tweet by Tor Ekeland:

The reason you don’t serve the fascist in the restaurant and you protest them there, too, is so they learn that there are people all around them that don’t fear them and will fight them. Fascism needs fear to grow. Stop being scared that they’ll get mad. Your fear is their power.

by Anonymousreply 235June 25, 2018 11:39 PM

Interesting link from Seth Abramson about an hour ago. It seems that one of the reasons Trump fired Comey is that Comey intervened in Trump's attempt to give Assange an immunity deal. Quid Pro quo from Trump to Assange for helping with Wikileak leaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 26, 2018 1:48 AM

I am definitely not counting on impeachment. I suspect it will not happen. But a Democratic controlled House would still be very important. It would block his stupid and ridiculous ideas. It would be a hostile audience for all of his proposals. It would have subpoena power for all the corrupt grifters running his agencies. And biggest of all: it would not be a gang of whores and sycophants who are terrified of telling him he is ever wrong about anything, because of all his cultists. It would actually be a critical body and that in itself would probably drive him nuts. Impeachment might not be necessary. He might have to resign just from the lack of obeisance.

by Anonymousreply 237June 26, 2018 2:33 AM

Cohen should flip and then enter Witness Protection.

by Anonymousreply 238June 26, 2018 2:41 AM

[quote]I suspect the Ruskies faked or produced real compramat on her. Probably real since I believe she has issues.

Chile, she has more issues than Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 239June 26, 2018 3:21 AM

Manafort's trial starts one month from now. I think Mueller is waiting for the big indictments until after he's sure that Manafort won't flip which would be the start of the trial. August will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 240June 26, 2018 3:24 AM

London will fly a giant baby Trump for his visit next month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 26, 2018 3:25 AM

They should miniaturize that and sell them, R241. They'd make a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 242June 26, 2018 3:36 AM

why isn't that floating above every square in DC? Come on people.

by Anonymousreply 243June 26, 2018 4:09 AM

Claude Taylor hired one to be driven around DC on the back of a flat bead truck....i think next week. Hes been trolling Trump HARD.....he has mobile billboards driving around DC with signs like : MAGA.....Mobsters Are Governing America......etc....

by Anonymousreply 244June 26, 2018 4:34 AM

R244, I think you and I follow some of the same people.

by Anonymousreply 245June 26, 2018 4:39 AM

[quote] MAGA.....Mobsters Are Governing America

I like that

by Anonymousreply 246June 26, 2018 4:44 AM

Can. Not. Wait. to see that magnificent balloon of hot air @ R241 hovering above London.

Hope it makes all the next day's front pages, so Trump can see he's a laughing stock.

by Anonymousreply 247June 26, 2018 6:27 AM

I want an ugly Trump baby too but I wish it would be a Trump that I could stick pins in.

by Anonymousreply 248June 26, 2018 6:40 AM

We must tell these fascist that they are not accepted and that they have plenty of enemies.

Mueller got access to Erik Prince's computer and phone. But would he do serious business on his own phone?

by Anonymousreply 249June 26, 2018 6:49 AM

The Trump baby balloon reminds me of the Trump Chicken balloon at the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 26, 2018 6:56 AM

R249, I’m sure those devices have been thoroughly scrubbed. Prince, unlike Trump and the other clowns, isn’t stupid.

by Anonymousreply 251June 26, 2018 7:14 AM

OMG that Trump Baby balloon is great. I love the details like the saggy tits and tiny hands holding a cell phone for his continual tweeting.

by Anonymousreply 252June 26, 2018 8:15 AM

I agree, I doubt that they could find much on them but let's face it, he is a very evil guy and I think he would qualify for the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 253June 26, 2018 11:16 AM

I hope that old cunt who berated Jim Acista at the rally last night is refused service at her local Hardee’s.

by Anonymousreply 254June 26, 2018 12:20 PM

Jim Acosta, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 255June 26, 2018 12:20 PM

Erik Prince is definitely not stupid, and he is a real crazy when it comes to his Blackwater group. But he is also very arrogant. I believe in his case, he may have incriminating evidence because he was too arrogant to cover his tracks. OTOH, didn't Mueller's people grab his stuff because they were afraid he was going to destroy it? Or was that Cohen? No, wait. Maybe it was Manafort.

by Anonymousreply 256June 26, 2018 12:24 PM

Notice how many calls there have been for "dialog" with our opponents and not being assholes to right-wingers lately? "Civility" has been the leading theme from Russian troll farms in the last 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 257June 26, 2018 1:44 PM

Maxine has always been an attention whore and a loudmouth. And in Congress she doesn't always play well with others. But right now, She happens to be saying and doing the right thing. At a time when subtle and not so subtle protestations are plentiful about us being civil, she is urging people to speak up. The fact that Trump and his minions are attempting to distort and lie about what she is saying, Twisting her comments, threatening her, tells me we need to listen to her and speak up. I know right now that if I we re to run into anyone associated with Trump or the GOP Congressional leadership I would get in their faces. IMO it is my duty as an American who upholds the Constitution to do it.

by Anonymousreply 258June 26, 2018 1:51 PM

As Jeffrey Toobin said last night, "Peter Fonda? Really? C'mon! Who cares." The thing is no one is going to give two fucks about what Robert De Niro thinks or Samantha Bee. They don't sway opinions one way or another. The worst that could happen is that Trumpettes will stop watching his movies or her show.

by Anonymousreply 259June 26, 2018 1:53 PM

The right only wants the left to "play nice" in order for them to control the narrative until there is too much damage done for the left to do anything about it. Thats the way the GOP works....and has always worked.....only now they have fine tuned the operation. Unfortunately, the leaders on the left have fallen for the bullshit....yet again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being vocal about our disgust. That does not equate to a call for violence.

by Anonymousreply 260June 26, 2018 2:02 PM

This is no time for civility. Which, by the way, generally means that Repukes can say and do any damn thing that they want to without fear of repercussions, while Dems, progressives, and liberals must be restrained and polite in how they respond.

Fuck that shit. We can be "polite" later -- after the fascist traitors have been defeated.

by Anonymousreply 261June 26, 2018 2:03 PM

#Truth on another thread:

[Quote] LOL at the people who think DL is some sort of protected, secret sanctuary.

[Quote] All posts are indexed by Google and it seems to be actively encouraged by the site owners as a way of driving traffic to it. Search any topic on Google that is near DL's wheelhouse and you will get Datalounge links. Especially those posters who seem to have just come from their day jobs at Buzzfeed and who load their posts with search-friendly terms.

[Quote] As Trump was elected, DL got more political, so searches for those topics bring people here more and more. And yes, likely some Russian trolls who are not trolling just because they enjoy it, but because they want to foment dissension and division in the West. They can argue both sides of a topic. They will enflame far left and far right (although primarily far right).

by Anonymousreply 262June 26, 2018 2:16 PM

I was jut thinking. With so many House members retiring this year, I wonder if they are getting a "severance package" from Ryan and the Kochs if they hold the line and keep supporting the GOP agenda? I think we should encourage the Media to look into that.

by Anonymousreply 263June 26, 2018 2:33 PM

This is more distraction. Just fucking stop. Articles about civility in WaPo and NY Times, all over cable news yesterday. Fucking ridiculous. Keep fighting!

by Anonymousreply 264June 26, 2018 2:54 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 26, 2018 3:04 PM

R264 speaks the absolute fucking truth. I particularly want to bitch slap NYT Maggie Haberman.

by Anonymousreply 266June 26, 2018 3:51 PM

R263, i don't think Ryan or anyone needs to do anything to these motherfuckers. It's not like they're going to go out and get normal jobs. They're going to rely on their fellow Republicans to help them secure lucrative gigs. It's in their self-interest to tow the line. Also, many of them probably agree with what's being done, and many are just retiring because they know they can't win. In fact, I'd venture to guess, most of those retiring are doing so for that reason and not because they're opposed to Trump/Republican ideology.

by Anonymousreply 267June 26, 2018 4:23 PM

Its to create vacancies for more far right wingnuts who adhere to Trumpism in order to allow the Trump/Putin master plan to be put in effect......notice that none of the nutjobs are leaving....just the moderates and core republicans. We need to pay attention to who wins the elections in the midterms......there is no way in hell that the GOP should dominate, and if they do it means we need to take to the streets because the votes were tampered with.

by Anonymousreply 268June 26, 2018 4:28 PM

You guys need to use Ignore-Dar every now and then.

One of the supposed cheerleaders on here is also posting in the "I Blame Democrats" thread against us:

[Quote] It's that Lesser Evil Democratic Party that turned a lot of us off.

Trying to sow the seeds of worry and despair and discontent.

by Anonymousreply 269June 26, 2018 4:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 26, 2018 4:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 26, 2018 4:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 26, 2018 4:55 PM

r271, r272, r273.......more bullshit probably put out by team Trump. Were supposed to believe that Mueller, whos been on the job for just over a year, is winding up his obstruction case in order to take on the collusion case....which is vast and more complex.... and will wind it up in just a few months to coincide with the midterms ? Kinda fits the Trump narrative doesnt it ?

by Anonymousreply 273June 26, 2018 5:09 PM

The original posting is by a Liberal on Twitter with the first article being Progressive as well.

Are you saying this is 16th-dimensional chess to troll us?

by Anonymousreply 274June 26, 2018 5:12 PM

For fuck sake people it’s TOE the line.

Jesus....

by Anonymousreply 275June 26, 2018 5:41 PM

r274....yes....if you notice, there have been multiple reports regarding Muellers case that are attributed to someone within the investigation....only to be disclosed later that someone from within the white house actually leaked it. In fact Mueller called it out in one of his recent filings regarding sealing documents, stating that the media has reported multiple things that are not factual and he needs to preserve the integrity of the investigation by not allowing things to leak because people in the media jump to conclusions....many times false.

FWIW......Mueller pointed to the NYT and WP.....singling out several reporters......Schmidt, Habermann, and a few others........it also explains why suddenly something weve known about for over a year is rehashed as if its new news. Ive noticed it, and Im sure others have as well....but its always dismissed as "no, this is different because we now know it happened on Tues and not Wed".

by Anonymousreply 276June 26, 2018 5:56 PM

The best thing Mueller can do is to reveal something really damaging a few weeks before the mid-term election... then the voters can help make his job much easier.

by Anonymousreply 277June 26, 2018 6:05 PM

Can someone give me the Cliff Notes version of the story about Comey and the WikiLeaks immunity? I really don’t have time to wait for that to load up and read it.

by Anonymousreply 278June 26, 2018 6:05 PM

r278......Trump was going to issue a pardon to Jullian Assange after the election and Comey stopped it.....supposedly thats the real reason he was fired.......I dont believe it because something like that would have been the talk of the town at the time....and you know Trump cant keep his mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 279June 26, 2018 6:09 PM

The Comey/Assange story makes no sense, because why wouldn't Trump just do whatever he wanted to do after Comey was fired?

by Anonymousreply 280June 26, 2018 6:14 PM

Its bullshit and most rational people realize that they are still pushing propaganda through the media....but the media is so desperate to claim "a scoop" that they dont bother to properly vet some of these stories.

Ken Vogel is another "journalist" pushing bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 281June 26, 2018 6:22 PM

Mueller's team doesn't leak. This has been proven time and time again by indictments that drop against someone we've never heard of, or when someone admits they were questioned by Mueller and it turns out it was months and months ago. Like the poster above said, Mueller even put in writing in one of his court briefs reporters had been printing lies about Manafort's arrest. This new Bloomberg story will turned out to be sourced to someone in Trump's camp. Bet on it.

Haberman and Schmidt are the worst. If they print a story it's because for some reason the Trump team wants it out there.

by Anonymousreply 282June 26, 2018 6:28 PM

On another note.....Reality Winner just pled guilty for leaking a document from the NSA to The Intercept, and agreed to a 5 year sentence. The document she leaked stated that the NSA had uncovered that Russia had hacked a voting machine supplier before the election and possibly altered the vote totals.

Note : Glenn Greenwald is scum.....he took the document, published it, and then turned Reality Winner in for prosecution.

by Anonymousreply 283June 26, 2018 6:36 PM

When I look at photos of trump's loathsome face these days I think, "Dead Man Walking."

by Anonymousreply 284June 26, 2018 6:37 PM

I think you mean waddling, r284.

by Anonymousreply 285June 26, 2018 6:39 PM

R283 Reality Winner is ready for a pardon... from the next President.

by Anonymousreply 286June 26, 2018 6:42 PM

Who is “Reality Winner”?

by Anonymousreply 287June 26, 2018 6:55 PM

R287: Google her.

by Anonymousreply 288June 26, 2018 6:59 PM

R287 She's a hero!

by Anonymousreply 289June 26, 2018 7:05 PM

[quote] For fuck sake people it’s TOE the line.

It's a doggy-dog world out there.

Wipe that smurf off your face!

by Anonymousreply 290June 26, 2018 8:10 PM

We should go on the offensive, we should be smarter than they are and that never includes an apology when we are talking about disgusting deplorables. We are fighting to save our democracy and it is worth fighting for.

by Anonymousreply 291June 26, 2018 8:33 PM

The voting machines were hacked but naturally, no one is talking about it.

by Anonymousreply 292June 26, 2018 8:37 PM

So many Americans fooled into supporting the worst politician in American history. Is Putin using Trump or is it the far right? Whichever, our country seems to be down for the count.

by Anonymousreply 293June 26, 2018 8:41 PM

R292 Yes, when the journalists would only yap about the leak instead of investigating the exposed truth, you have a sure sign of the end of democracy right there. Trump is the by-product of tabloid journalism and money politics.

by Anonymousreply 294June 26, 2018 8:42 PM

And as he tweets against Harley-Davidson for a perfectly reasonable business decision due to the effects of a trade war...

Has any American president, ever, gone after private American corporations that employ Americans and are important in their commununities, by name, the way this guy has? Something tells me the Harley brand will outlive this clown.

By the way, we already know his line of ties were made in China, and most of his daughter's crap clothing and shoe line is made in Asia, as well.

by Anonymousreply 295June 26, 2018 8:58 PM

What a disgusting, pathetic excuse for a human and an American.

by Anonymousreply 296June 26, 2018 9:00 PM

Lindsey Graham has been all tweeting giddy about having flown on AF 1 with the Trump entourage to SC yesterday for a Trump rally supporting Gov. McMasters run in a primary run-off. His primary opponent is pro-Trump as well. McMasters has made a mess a bigger mess; displaying little competence at the job.

Also, Newspapers in the state are generating increasing criticism of Graham, even from plenty of conservatives. I see MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace has caught on to Lindsey's contradiction. More of the media needs to point it out, and stop treating him as an adorable camera hound.

by Anonymousreply 297June 26, 2018 9:04 PM

Remember this cranky Judge. Well, he just ruled. This trial is supposed to start mid-July?

BREAKING: Judge Ellis DENIES Paul Manafort's motion to dismiss his Virginia indictment. This was his challenge in the Virginia case to Mueller's appointment.

by Anonymousreply 298June 26, 2018 9:07 PM

R298, Judge Ellis was thought to be somewhat sympathetic to Manafort’s arguments, too.

by Anonymousreply 299June 26, 2018 9:11 PM

Wasn’t it presumed Ellis was making a show that he would not be swayed or bullied into jumping on the “Hang Manafort” bandwagon, in case someone tried to throw into question his judgement down the line?

by Anonymousreply 300June 26, 2018 9:23 PM

His voters only voted for him. because he is a disgusting racist. He is horrible and so are they.

by Anonymousreply 301June 26, 2018 9:54 PM

There is only one "e" in "judgment."

by Anonymousreply 302June 26, 2018 10:01 PM

England and Australia spell it "judgement" for sure. Spell Check accepts both ways.

by Anonymousreply 303June 26, 2018 10:07 PM

Harley Davidson CEO Matthew S Levatich today:

"Our decision to move some of our operations is 100% based on President Trump’s tariffs. Mr. Trump knows nothing about economics and even less about trade. The man is a moron."

Hahahahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 304June 26, 2018 10:08 PM

A man with balls! Thank God for this man who will stand up to Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 305June 26, 2018 10:12 PM

^^ Love it!! Tweetstorm incoming!

by Anonymousreply 306June 26, 2018 10:12 PM

I'm going to need to see a link on that one. Most CEOs just wouldn't be that incautious.

by Anonymousreply 307June 26, 2018 10:14 PM

I wonder how many Harley-Davidson customers are deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 308June 26, 2018 10:15 PM

Paul Ryan, Reince Priebus, Scott Walker, are among Wisconsin politicians that were leaders in having puzzling voting results in favor of Trump. Yet, they have mild responses to Trump's tariffs that have led to Harley-Davidson to pursue moving certain operations abroad.

Ryan is a Trump poodle; no backbone as House Speaker. He can't leave soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 309June 26, 2018 10:25 PM

I'm encouraged by all the immediate pushback to the handwringing over "liberals being uncivil." Lots of good arguments out there about speaking truth to power and the double standard of holding liberals to civility while letting Trump rip up the rules of civility with barely a protest.

And yet here's the NYT's Frank Bruni, former restaurant critic turned milquetoast voice of reason, op-edding that "Public Shaming Feels Good. That's No Reason to Do It." Where did old Frank get this straw man notion that this is just about "shaming" and "feeling good"? Is he not listening to the protesters? He sounds like Rush Limbaugh.

by Anonymousreply 310June 26, 2018 10:37 PM

There's EVERY reason to publicly shame fascists, and none of them are about "feeling good"!

by Anonymousreply 311June 26, 2018 10:39 PM

Fuck you asshole are r307. We have been cautious for years....and now we have Hitler. Stick your "incautious".

by Anonymousreply 312June 26, 2018 10:54 PM

R309 Ryan is more like Trump's House Boy than House Speaker.

by Anonymousreply 313June 26, 2018 11:05 PM

R312, chill. I just meant that I'm going to need to see an actual link before I believe that Levatich said that. I'd cheerfully say that myself, as would most of us here.

by Anonymousreply 314June 26, 2018 11:05 PM

I could not find that quote on Google.

by Anonymousreply 315June 26, 2018 11:06 PM

I must have the original poster, regarding Levatich, blocked.

by Anonymousreply 316June 26, 2018 11:08 PM

I wish I could find a source because I love it.

by Anonymousreply 317June 26, 2018 11:12 PM

Several people mention having the OP blocked in these threads.

What did they post that was offensive?

by Anonymousreply 318June 26, 2018 11:14 PM

The HD CEO quote is not real. He spoke to Bloomberg and said this: “If President Donald Trump hadn't removed the U.S. from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), we wouldn't have to build a plant in Thailand.”

by Anonymousreply 319June 26, 2018 11:27 PM

I figured. Thanks for finding that, R319.

by Anonymousreply 320June 26, 2018 11:30 PM

R318, I was referring to the having the original poster of the fake Levatich quote already blocked, not the OP of the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

by Anonymousreply 321June 26, 2018 11:32 PM

R187, Avanetti was on Racheal last night. She played the video of the children who were separated from their parents. One little was crying and wanted her mother. The video was secretly made by a woman who was working there. Horrified by what she saw, she started to make these video's. She quit and has hired Avenatti to represent her and about 60 children. So, the whistle blower he was referring to was about her and had nothing to do with Stormy Daniels or Michael Cohen. But that's still very much going on.

by Anonymousreply 322June 26, 2018 11:43 PM

R322 here, typo.... should be... One little girl was crying...

by Anonymousreply 323June 26, 2018 11:44 PM

The Levatich quote is all over Twitter. Make Google your friend.

by Anonymousreply 324June 26, 2018 11:49 PM

First of all, being "all over Twitter" isn't exactly a recommendation, given how many people re-tweet bullshit. Second, I checked Google and it isn't showing any such quote.

by Anonymousreply 325June 26, 2018 11:52 PM

r324 If you search Levatich Trump and moron on twitter, you will find it was debunked already, no source was ever given. I don't know if you are trolling, but most people here check for sources due to trolls who like to spread fake stories, so they can laugh and say "see, liberals and their fake news".

by Anonymousreply 326June 27, 2018 12:09 AM

It may have been debunked (without proof) but it IS all over Twitter. David Simon (producer of The Wire and The Deuce) just retweeted it and he’s pretty hardcore politically on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 327June 27, 2018 12:13 AM

This Lesbian is the only thing I can find with this quote on Twitter using "Trump moron" as the search words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 27, 2018 12:19 AM

And people are asking for the source and pointing out that it's probably fake.

by Anonymousreply 329June 27, 2018 12:21 AM

[quote]And yet here's the NYT's Frank Bruni, former restaurant critic turned milquetoast voice of reason, op-edding that "Public Shaming Feels Good. That's No Reason to Do It."

A caller on Thom Hartmann's show yesterday mentioned that peer pressure through shaming/shunning was the only thing known to change someone's established adult behavior. Shunning is a very powerful tool and, from all the whining and rancor that the recent public shamings have engendered among the Repug hypocrite division, I say keep it up!

by Anonymousreply 330June 27, 2018 12:51 AM

R330 Like a lot of white collar criminals, the Republicans are shameless in lying and cheating for "work", but hate being embarrassed in front of their social peers.

by Anonymousreply 331June 27, 2018 12:55 AM

It's time to stop being polite and start getting real.

by Anonymousreply 332June 27, 2018 12:58 AM

I agree. We've had nothing but rudeness and nastiness from this asswipe and his fascist gangs of supporters. The Democrats push back, and suddenly we have to have a national conversation about civility. Fuck that noise!

by Anonymousreply 333June 27, 2018 1:23 AM

Putin is behind the re invigorated, refashioned "far right." He also "fixed" the Brexit vote in the UK. There has always been a Far Right. The people who are fearful and angry who have non specific grievances and a propensity for violence. It's human nature. They have closed minds and fear knowledge and anything they don't understand. Conspiracy Theories and outlandish myths, etc. they always have "special knowledge" secrets no one else has. But thanks to modern technology, the internet, social media, WTF ever, they can now easily communicate with one another, and are easily manipulated by fake news and conspiracy theories. Putin's mission is to weaken us. He exploits fear and divisions, promotes conspiracy theories and fake news, and loves to spread confusion.

by Anonymousreply 334June 27, 2018 1:33 AM

The KICK ASS attitude the Democrats need!!!

Her name is Mary Jennings “MJ” Hegar, she's a Texas Democrat running for congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335June 27, 2018 1:35 AM

also there is this ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 27, 2018 1:38 AM

agree, r335, she is awesome. hope she wins ... and inspires a lot of other Democrats to use the same tactics. embarrass the bitches who only ever meet with donors.

by Anonymousreply 337June 27, 2018 1:51 AM

R333 I agree we have to push back and we have to show those fuckers what hypocrites they are. I've seen this going around to shut the Republicunts up with regard to their bitching about Shuckasbee being denied service. It's actually worked on a few people who have been shamed in to remembering how they cheered when Biden was refused service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 27, 2018 1:53 AM

In the NY-14 primary tonight incumbent and establishment party Dem Joe Crowley is getting his ass handed to him. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is progressive activist and spent almost no money. Crowley is the 4th ranking Dem in the NY House and he's close with Pelosi and Schumer. And now he's history.

I hope Chuck and Nance see this result tonight and piss their pants. Maybe they'll finally wake up and realize Democratic voters are no longer in the mood to roll over and politely play dead for fascists.

by Anonymousreply 339June 27, 2018 2:05 AM

oops, I'm drunk and excited. I meant House, not NY House.

by Anonymousreply 340June 27, 2018 2:20 AM

I like Joe Crowley but when they said he was likely to take Pelosi's seat if she vacated, I was like he's too old.

That opens the door for Ted Lieu or Adam Schiff to become Democrat leaders. <3

by Anonymousreply 341June 27, 2018 2:41 AM

Everyone in this thread need to watch the campaign ad posted at r335 fr MJ Hegar. That's how it's done, great job.

by Anonymousreply 342June 27, 2018 3:28 AM

WW R338! Sadly, most of the cognitively-challenged GOP cult members do not listen to obvious, plain-as-the-nose-on-one's-face, 4th grade reasoning. Hypocrite Hannity told them so - so it must be fact.

by Anonymousreply 343June 27, 2018 3:31 AM

I’d like to see Schiff become Speaker of the House too, r341. He’s got a great chance to build credibility with the base as the presumptive chair of the House Intelligence Committee and he seems like the type of California Democrat who can carry the Nancy Pelosi fundraising and leadership torch.

by Anonymousreply 344June 27, 2018 4:27 AM

[quote] Over the weekend, lawyers for the Trump Organization asked the judge, Kimba M. Wood of Federal District Court in Manhattan, to give them until July 11 to finish the review, saying they had just received some new materials, among them “a number of audio files.” Other lawyers in the case have said that Mr. Cohen often recorded his business conversations, but the Trump Organization’s mention of the audio files was the clearest sign yet that Mr. Cohen did in fact make recordings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Poor Cohen. That man is fucked no matter what. I know that I will get burned alive for saying this, but despite the nasty, vile human being that this man is - he is looking oddly cute now (it has to be the pitiful puppy eyes or something - I'm always a sucker for a pathetic sub who has been taken down 20 notches and now wants to please..).

by Anonymousreply 346June 27, 2018 4:57 AM

R346 Cohen is destined for to die in prison. Working for Trump is hazardous to your health. Some stupid Trumpies still don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 347June 27, 2018 5:01 AM

Wowowow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 27, 2018 5:04 AM

R338 is a BernieBro railing against “Dems” and the anointed “non-establishment” candidate and is likely a Russian troll sowing dissent against unity.

by Anonymousreply 349June 27, 2018 6:18 AM

That’s R339, of course, not R338.

I am all for progressivism, but not the Bernie version with dirty Manafort money, tortured immigrant children, NRA sucking-up and no Russian sanctions. Clue: that is not leftist, not progressive and ethical.

by Anonymousreply 350June 27, 2018 6:22 AM

Bernie is so progressive with his million dollar income.

by Anonymousreply 351June 27, 2018 6:27 AM

This is mostly off-topic, but am I the only one who's sick of the over-70 crowd running things? Bernie? President Rat-Fucker? Hillary? Damn, in most jobs, that is past retirement age.

by Anonymousreply 352June 27, 2018 6:28 AM

R352 Hillary set the mark for future women candidates, and provides a real case study for they misogyny they will face from both Right and the Left.

by Anonymousreply 353June 27, 2018 6:33 AM

r350 Actually, if you check my post history you will discover I am a lesbian who doesn't like Bernie and thinks his campaign strategist Tad Devine, former partner of Paul Manafort, was probably involved in the Russian interference.

I don't like that this young woman won because she's with Bernie, I like that she won because maybe this will light a goddamn fire under Pelosi and Schumer. Nothing else has. I'm tired of being told to be civil to fascists who are putting children in cages, and I'm tired of them chastising their own party members who actually do go out and raise some hell.

There's a foreign agent in the Oval Office, the Supreme Court is full-steam ahead with his fascists agenda, and it's not the time to sit back quietly and simper about the loss of civility.

But thank you for being an arrogant dick who presumes to know what everyone on this board really thinks.

by Anonymousreply 354June 27, 2018 6:56 AM

Why isn't Trump arrested for abusing and kidnapping children...I am not kidding. Trump should be arrested, why not?

by Anonymousreply 355June 27, 2018 7:04 AM

R354 Always glad to see a lesbian at DL!

by Anonymousreply 356June 27, 2018 7:06 AM

R355 Agreed, trump is abusing and kidnapping children. He does belong in jail, for that and for abusing this nation. He's a bully and an abuser. Probably abuses his staff, too.

by Anonymousreply 357June 27, 2018 7:10 AM

Avenatti was not lying when he said Cohen was a hoarder of evidence. 4 million files, Good Lord!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 27, 2018 8:08 AM

Look. The Republicans in Congress refuse to be accountable for their actions. They have refused to conduct town halls or take any questions from constituents. They have had people arrested for coming to Congressional hearings to make their voices heard during crucial healthcare discussions, for example. So why are they surprised when demonstrators show up in from of their houses on a public sidewalk? Fuck them. And the Elaine Chao bitch crying "Leave my husband alone!" is hilarious. Since when did Mitch McConnell need some hysterical woman to defend him?

by Anonymousreply 359June 27, 2018 10:20 AM

The Parkland kids saw thru Bernie's opportunism and his hypocrisy. Good. As for Congress, Bernie's gang is pressing during the primaries to get the candidates furthest to the Left. In many cases their candidate is unelectable because they're too far out there. It practically insures the Republicans will hold the seat. That's not a fluke it's a fucking strategy. It does very little good for the Dems to come together and pledge unity after the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 360June 27, 2018 10:25 AM

R358, I said the same thing. How does someone with three clients generate that much raw data?

by Anonymousreply 361June 27, 2018 10:44 AM

Congrats to the NY winner! F-Bernie he's a fraud.

Cheers to new blood in the Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 362June 27, 2018 11:15 AM

[quote]Avenatti was not lying when he said Cohen was a hoarder of evidence. 4 million files

New Mueller memo to staff: all leave cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 363June 27, 2018 11:27 AM

Trump, less than an hour ago:

Congratulations to Maxine Waters, whose crazy rants have made her, together with Nancy Pelosi, the unhinged FACE of the Democrat Party. Together, they will Make America Weak Again! But have no fear, America is now stronger than ever before, and I’m not going anywhere!

(I'm beginning to think he may not be 100% behind the push for civility and decorum in politics.)

by Anonymousreply 364June 27, 2018 12:09 PM

[quote] That opens the door for Ted Lieu or Adam Schiff to become Democrat leaders. <3

I know it will never happen in a million of years, but I so would love it if Brian Sims get to become the next Democratic Party leader.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365June 27, 2018 12:22 PM

The ad R335 shared is fantastic. The only problem is that the kind of people who need to see it don't have attention spans that last three and a half minutes.

by Anonymousreply 366June 27, 2018 12:29 PM

r277, Mueller wouldn't do that, he's not Comey.

by Anonymousreply 367June 27, 2018 12:53 PM

Something needs to be done NOW about Scott Pruitt. It is not just about using the EPA for unethical personal greed and abuse of employees; he is doing irreversible damage to the environment. This includes rollbacks on protections related to water, air, use of pesticides, deforestation, soil, depleting wildlife habitats, etc.

The attacks on Canadian timber/lumber has a lot to do with domestic clear-cuts favoring the timber industry.

Kickbacks? To whom? This is more than ideology.

Koch Industries and others are getting as much gratification from environmental deregulation as they have with the tax cuts.

Where are the protests? The media hardly covers a small fraction of the story.

by Anonymousreply 368June 27, 2018 1:08 PM

[quote] I hope Chuck and Nance see this result tonight and piss their pants. Maybe they'll finally wake up and realize Democratic voters are no longer in the mood to roll over and politely play dead for fascists.

[quote] There's a foreign agent in the Oval Office, the Supreme Court is full-steam ahead with his fascist agenda, and it's not the time to sit back quietly and simper about the loss of civility.

All of this -- X 1,000.

by Anonymousreply 369June 27, 2018 1:11 PM

New ad from the Republican Party, attempting to paint the people not separating children from parents as extremists:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 27, 2018 1:14 PM

r336, anybody can check on whether they are registered to vote by going to vote.org and filling in the necessary spaces, so there is absolutely NO excuse for not voting on election day!

by Anonymousreply 371June 27, 2018 1:46 PM

r341, Democrat-ic party.

Democrat party is a far right wing slur.

by Anonymousreply 372June 27, 2018 1:49 PM

North Korea making 'rapid' upgrades to nuclear reactor despite summit pledges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 27, 2018 1:51 PM

Sorry, r341, you said "democrat leaders" not "democrat party," my mistake.

But my point still stands about the word Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 374June 27, 2018 1:52 PM

Marco Rubio, demonstrating once again this morning that he was born without a spine:

"Many Republicans won’t criticize Trump even when they don’t agree with him b/c it means siding with a media that nevers cuts him a break,turns even little things he does into an act of evil,are also unfair to them & in the end will still attack you anyway"

by Anonymousreply 375June 27, 2018 2:15 PM

At this point the Republican party is just telling one lie after another. Republicans, are total filth, no morals at all.

by Anonymousreply 376June 27, 2018 2:19 PM

I have emailed Rubio many times, implying he has no spine and he does not.

by Anonymousreply 377June 27, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]America is now stronger than ever before, and I’m not going anywhere!

The first clause is routine vainglory, but the second clause displays sudden self-knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 378June 27, 2018 2:56 PM

John Bolton is in Moscow to plan for the Putin-Trump summit.

Is it to reaffirm Putin as Trump's unwavering master, undermine all sanctions on Russia, give the green light to Russia to further encroach on their western neighbors, have no interference in Putin propping up Assad, and perhaps most likely, COLLUDE on strategies for Trump loyalists to win U.S. midterm elections? This may go beyond cyber intrusions, funny money, and propaganda; watch if there is more tampering with election day voter counts. They may continue to pursue ways to avoid discovery.

Release Trump-Russia investigation indictments while Trump is meeting with Putin.

by Anonymousreply 379June 27, 2018 3:18 PM

Brian Krassenstein @krassenstein:

BREAKING: It has been announced that the Trump-Putin Summit date will be announced tomorrow.

The White House didn't make this announcement... Our more reliable source, the Kremlin just did...

by Anonymousreply 380June 27, 2018 4:01 PM

Trump goes to one of his ego jerkoffs in the heartland and makes constant insults, smiles as his zombies scream “Lock her up! Lock her up!” on the same day deplorables are all about “civility.”

by Anonymousreply 381June 27, 2018 4:08 PM

The Republican Party finally has its perfect leader, evil incarnate trump. The outrage towards them comes not just from their cruel and greedy policies but because they lie and cheat to achieve their ends. Those that oppose them are the good guys fighting against every evil nemesis ever created in fiction. Mostly the good guys win in fiction but real life is always stranger than fiction. Look how far Hitler got before he was stopped. How long will it take to stamp out republican evil before it destroys us all. I don't know, but it's support from hoards of the under-educated and hateful minions cause me to despair.

The people of the party of "pro-life" value life only as cannon fodder. Force every last embryo to fruition to be used, abused, and enslaved.

by Anonymousreply 382June 27, 2018 4:20 PM

Trump: "Harley-Davidson should stay 100% in America, with the people that got you your success. I’ve done so much for you, and then this. Other companies are coming back where they belong! We won’t forget, and neither will your customers or your now very HAPPY competitors!"

I've done so much for you? He gets nuttier every day.

by Anonymousreply 383June 27, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote] I've done so much for you? He gets nuttier every day.

For Trump that means that he didn't hate on them in his last five Twitter comments. He most certainly sees that as doing so much for a brand (by not shitting on them for a short period of time).

by Anonymousreply 384June 27, 2018 5:03 PM

R368 "Something needs to be done NOW about Scott Pruitt."

How many articles or opinion pieces in the so-called liberal media have you seen demanding his resignation? Or that Trump fire him?

by Anonymousreply 385June 27, 2018 5:09 PM

Why is there so little pushback against Trump? CNN is hopeless and I have stopped watching the channel. I'll be gott damned if I'll listen to the likes of Steve Cortes, Stephan Moore, Paris Denard, KellyAnne, Amy Kremer and the other Rethuglicans debate and defend everything that syphillitic Orange demented POS says and does. It's not helping their ratings. Fox and even MSNBC are beating the crap out of them. This is the time to speak brutal truths about this administration of con artists, crooks, criminals and treasonous morons who are raping and pillaging this country. Basta!

by Anonymousreply 386June 27, 2018 5:16 PM

Why doesn't Trump's daughter hire American workers for her shitty clothing line

by Anonymousreply 387June 27, 2018 5:18 PM

cause asians have tiny fingers and are cheaper

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2018 5:19 PM

Well he is bitching up a storm over Harley

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2018 5:38 PM

[QUOTE]Why doesn't Trump's daughter hire American workers for her shitty clothing line

Someone told her she would have to pay them.

by Anonymousreply 390June 27, 2018 5:40 PM

Fucking hell. Kennedy just announced he's retiring from the Supreme Court. Trump gets another pick.

by Anonymousreply 391June 27, 2018 6:06 PM

R391. That sucks. Really awful news. Reading on Huff. Post earlier that Dems are regretting not fighting for Merrick Garland. They should regret that and a whole host of other crap they ignored. SOBs . Is there a Democrat anywhere with a true backbone. I know Pelosi is popular here but she can't even talk without a shit ton of stuttering and stammering. She has no idea how to get in the trenches and get dirty. It's go time. Take the gloves off. Leave Maxine Waters alone before she is gotten railroaded out like Franken. Fight the orange slime!

by Anonymousreply 392June 27, 2018 6:14 PM

well given that he's gone to the dark side on decisions that will live in infamy (muslim ban will be relegated to the shame of dred scott and japanese interment by historians) it's not as great a loss as ginsburg would be

by Anonymousreply 393June 27, 2018 6:18 PM

If Dems are able to get control they need to pull a Mitch and obstruct. An illlegitmate Pres under ininvestigion should not get a pick even reviewed.

by Anonymousreply 394June 27, 2018 7:03 PM

[quote]How many articles or opinion pieces in the so-called liberal media have you seen demanding his resignation? Or that Trump fire him?

Dozens.

by Anonymousreply 395June 27, 2018 7:06 PM

I hope Mueller will do something that will stop the Republican Party in its tracks. The GOP pushing through a replacement for SCOTUS Kennedy would be a total disaster for at least a decade.

by Anonymousreply 396June 27, 2018 7:16 PM

Why didnt Kennedy retire under Obama?

by Anonymousreply 397June 27, 2018 7:47 PM

Because he's a Republican, R397, and wanted a Republican president to name his successor.

by Anonymousreply 398June 27, 2018 7:48 PM

This has really been the "Kennedy" court for years now. He had an amazing outsized influence because so many decisions came down to 4-4 decisions where his vote determined the outcome.

by Anonymousreply 399June 27, 2018 8:01 PM

He's not an alt-right tea partier, or at least he wasn't. He's been on board with at least two surprisingly liberal decisions in the past. I guess my point is that his replacement will be worse, and might not even be a judge.

Gay marriage is in jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 400June 27, 2018 8:09 PM

This should be the fire that lights the democrat asses! Get out the vote and obstruct that choice! This asshole is an illegitimate product of a cheated, tainted election.

by Anonymousreply 401June 27, 2018 8:29 PM

They Repubs really ramping up the atrocities now. Expect more to come fast and furious. The destruction of our country courtesy of fake patriots. Hopefully, they see their days are numbered as November approaches. Either it will fire up the base and garner some converts or the blue wave will wash them away. I'm hoping for the blue wave.

by Anonymousreply 402June 27, 2018 8:50 PM

Axios: America's allies in Europe are worried about Donald Trump's expected meeting next month with Vladimir Putin. Senior officials from four NATO member nations told me their worst fear is that Trump clashes with America's allies at the NATO summit in Brussels on July 11-12 and then shortly afterwards lavishes praise on Putin.

Why it matters: They say that would leave Europeans feeling abandoned and would advance Russia's goal of dividing European and transatlantic alliances.

by Anonymousreply 403June 27, 2018 8:54 PM

Check This Out: Manafort had $10 million loan from Russian oligarch: court filing...

Another "Absolutely no ties to Russia" tie....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 27, 2018 9:03 PM

[quote] They say that would leave Europeans feeling abandoned and would advance Russia's goal of dividing European and transatlantic alliances.

WTF? You think they are as dumb and slow as Americans? The already KNOW that the US government abandoned Europe.

by Anonymousreply 405June 27, 2018 9:06 PM

Hell, R405, the US government already abandoned their own people....what makes you think Europe would be any different?

by Anonymousreply 406June 27, 2018 9:17 PM

What a fucking shitty week

by Anonymousreply 407June 27, 2018 9:23 PM

Coward was in the car and let his wife man up for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 27, 2018 9:49 PM

With 5 right wing Supreme Court judges, every appeal/challenge made per the Mueller investigation, including indictments, with favor Trump.

by Anonymousreply 409June 27, 2018 10:25 PM

Trump needs to be arrested then impeached but I am afraid Mueller will think he needs to be impeached first. Seems to me a Tilda Swinton character might be able to make sure things turn out right.

by Anonymousreply 410June 27, 2018 10:35 PM

Maybe Mueller can find some dirt on Gorsuch so he can be impeached too.

by Anonymousreply 411June 27, 2018 10:57 PM

Maybe not Gorsuch, but certainly Thomas and Alito. They are pervert.

by Anonymousreply 412June 27, 2018 11:01 PM

we knew thomas was a perv, but we confirmed him anyway

by Anonymousreply 413June 27, 2018 11:07 PM

R395, dozens? OK, so still fewer than the frettings over "civility" we've heard just this week.

by Anonymousreply 414June 27, 2018 11:09 PM

R414, every article about Pruitt is, simply by being factual, an implicit call for his resignation, if not his arrest.

by Anonymousreply 415June 27, 2018 11:56 PM

Bolton goes begging as Russian state TV brags about electing Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 28, 2018 1:41 AM

Why is this thread slowing down so much? Huge shit is happening! I blame the title (sorry, OP).

by Anonymousreply 417June 28, 2018 3:24 AM

R417, calm down. Almost all the stuff going on right now doesn't directly involve the Mueller investigation and has its own thread. To bring them together:

I hope that Mueller soon indicts a bunch of people and then names Trump and unindicted co-conspirator. I'm not sure even this Repug Congress would allow Trump to name someone at that point. It would also handcuff his ability to pardon anyone.

by Anonymousreply 418June 28, 2018 3:29 AM

I just want Don Jr. to face jail time-please PLEASE that will happen.

by Anonymousreply 419June 28, 2018 5:44 AM

^Nawh, just take Donnie Junior to the African Savanna, turn him loose naked with no firearms, and leave him be. Let the exotic wildlife have their revenge,

by Anonymousreply 420June 28, 2018 12:13 PM

I doubt this will happen, but can you imagine this rabid cunt on the Supreme Court?

Trump Jr: Jeanine Pirro on Supreme Court ‘would be pretty awesome’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 28, 2018 12:16 PM

R417 Just a guess, but it might be that the last few weeks have shown anyone with a brain that Trump is here to stay. His tenure as president will not be thwarted by small potatoes issues such a money laundering or coercion with Russia. This is the Republican Party's long game in action. Someone said yesterday in another thread that they were planning the SCOTUS situation since back in the days of William F Buckley.

Do you really believe that the "Big Boys" are going to allow anything to derail their plans???

by Anonymousreply 422June 28, 2018 12:36 PM

We are fortunate that Trump is actually a terrible strategist. Otherwise he would nominate Jeff Sessions to the Supreme Court. The Senate likes him so he'd be confirmed. It's a kick upstairs rather than a removal, ideologically the right amount of evil, and he can then move Pruitt over to AG and end the Mueller investigation.

But that would require a level of Kissinger-like realpolitik this carnival barker lacks. Expecting Justice Pirro.

by Anonymousreply 423June 28, 2018 12:43 PM

Clearly Trump is still worried about Mueller. I assumed his morning tweets today would be dominated by his opportunity to reshape the Supreme Court, but no -- in the last two hours, he's made four angry tweets about Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 424June 28, 2018 12:55 PM

Betting has it it will be some judge from Maryland. Now I'm praying that's true. The very idea of Pirro or Sessions is putting knots in my stomach and makes me want to scream...and never stop...

Chris Matthews and some of the Senate Dems and others are calling for the Democratic Senators to top him from nominating anyone. I don't see how they can do that. This is scary. Because if the media hype the "Dems have to stop him!" theme, then when he succeeds it's going to impact the November vote. The media has al ready set the Dems up saying "If they can't stop him they'll look weak..." I call bullshit on that line of thinking. If anything the Dems need to make this a teachable moment and get out the vote. But here's the other worrisome problem: The Conservative Court can do a lot to keep him in office. They are making some real bad decisions and that could be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 425June 28, 2018 1:00 PM

Axios: : In one extraordinary riff during his meeting with the G7 heads of state earlier this month in Quebec, Trump told the other leaders: "NATO Is as bad as NAFTA."

Why this matters: NATO member states are worried about Russian aggression and they want an unambiguous sign that America has their back. By linking NATO to NAFTA — a trade deal that Trump considers an unmitigated disaster for America — Trump reinforced some of the Europeans' worst fears that he'll take a purely transactional approach to next month's summit.

by Anonymousreply 426June 28, 2018 1:08 PM

I wish this was all a movie and Seal Team 6 would eliminate ALL the threats to our national security.

by Anonymousreply 427June 28, 2018 1:51 PM

Trump is pissed because McCray and Rosenstein are testifying before Congress about the 2016 election today. He was also screaming about the NATO meeting comparing it to NAFTA. And he's telling everyone that the "real Russia scandal" involves "Crooked Hillary." Playing to his base.

You know, whether the Dems take the House and Senate or not, my big worry is the Lame Duck period, post election. They will have a least two months to do a lot of damage. Of course if the Dems win we can undo some of it in January. But everything will have to be veto proof. And we need to stop being nice to the Republicans right now. They only understand strength as they define it. So kick their asses. Because if you thin you can get Bi-partisan cooperation next year by being nice, you are sadly mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 428June 28, 2018 2:20 PM

You know 'he' has been a Ruskie agent starting some years before the election.

Western European intelligence knew it. U.S. intelligence knows it.

It may be astonishing the secrets Putin has collected from the collaborators.

by Anonymousreply 429June 28, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]I just want Don Jr. to face jail time-please PLEASE that will happen

[quote]turn him loose naked...and leave him be. Let the exotic wildlife have their revenge

The first could incorporate the second symbolically.

by Anonymousreply 430June 28, 2018 2:23 PM

I Just had a crazy thought: Could Trump nominate his own sister to the Supreme Court? He has one in NY that is a judge.

Or would that be a conflict of interest (not that that would ever stop him)?

by Anonymousreply 431June 28, 2018 2:28 PM

I think he can. But I think he and his sister either are not close, or she has retired or has taken senior status

by Anonymousreply 432June 28, 2018 2:32 PM

[quote]Why is this thread slowing down so much? Huge shit is happening! I blame the title (sorry, OP).

What are you talking about. This thread is moving along at the same pace as the others have. Some of you people will literally complain about everything. I personally think these titles have been great and thank the OP for continuing the work.

by Anonymousreply 433June 28, 2018 2:53 PM

That'd be great, r431. She's a pro-abortion liberal.

by Anonymousreply 434June 28, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote]Trump is pissed because McCray and Rosenstein are testifying before Congress about the 2016 election today.

It's getting pretty heated between Rosenstein and Republican Senators. Trey Gowdy: "Whatever you got, finish it the hell up because this country is being torn apart.” Of course, he had no questions -- instead, he spent his time tearing down the FBI, Peter Strzok and the Democrats.

Rosenstein: " In my line of work, we keep an open mind and complete investigations before we allege wrongdoing by anyone."

by Anonymousreply 435June 28, 2018 3:38 PM

Maryanne Trump Barry is not a pro-abortion liberal......she is a dyed in the wool hard core republican.....originally appointed by Reagan......yes, she was appointed by Clinton to the appeals court, but that was to appease the GOP, and had no influence on her beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 436June 28, 2018 3:40 PM

Trump's judge sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, was born in 1937 and is an inactive senior circuit court judge.

by Anonymousreply 437June 28, 2018 3:55 PM

Upon some further searching, I learned that r436 is right. Sorry for posting otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 438June 28, 2018 4:04 PM

Special counsel eyeing Russians granted unusual access to Trump inauguration parties.

Several billionaires with deep ties to Russia attended exclusive, invitation-only receptions during Donald Trump’s inauguration festivities, guest lists obtained by ABC News show.

These powerful businessmen, who amassed their fortunes following the collapse of the Soviet Union -- including one who has since been sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department -- were ushered into events typically reserved for top donors and close political allies and were given unprecedented access to Trump’s inner circle.

Their presence has attracted the interest of federal investigators probing Russian efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, three sources with knowledge of the matter said.

According to a source with knowledge of the congressional investigations, at least one oligarch was ushered into Statuary Hall in the U.S. Capitol for the traditional Inaugural Day luncheon, hosted by the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies – an event typically out of reach to donors and even most rank-and-file members of Congress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 28, 2018 4:15 PM

Wall Street Journal: White House Chief of Staff John Kelly could depart in coming weeks, as President Trump consults advisers about a possible replacement.

by Anonymousreply 440June 28, 2018 7:48 PM

My goodness, Lindsey is cursing again. Last week, Lindsey said 'shit' on CNN. Now it is 'damn' on Fox. Lindsey wants to emphasize passion in defending Trump. Apparently, the love of Trump is unwavering.

My, my the times....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 28, 2018 7:59 PM

Will Trump’s SCOTUS pick be put on hold if he’s indicted? Mueller has a month to get his act together.

by Anonymousreply 442June 28, 2018 8:01 PM

R441 Miss Lindsey said 'hell' too in that interview.

She's gotten feisty.

by Anonymousreply 443June 28, 2018 8:06 PM

I'm pretty sure that even in a world wherein there are tapes of Trump and Putin on the phone conspiring to steal and election, and where Trump is found guilty of actual treason and executed, any SCOTUS picks he makes and Congress approves will remain.

by Anonymousreply 444June 28, 2018 8:20 PM

Who is left at Fox News to hire as his new Chief of staff? ?

by Anonymousreply 445June 28, 2018 8:26 PM

Hannity of course

by Anonymousreply 446June 28, 2018 8:26 PM

One really has to wonder what compromising shit they have on Ms. Graham. There must be video of him being ball gagged and gang banged by men of color.

by Anonymousreply 447June 28, 2018 9:02 PM

^^^And Lawdy, it was worth every minute! Blackmail me all you want!

by Anonymousreply 448June 28, 2018 9:21 PM

Given the Annapolis shootings, perhaps it is not a good day for Miss Lindsey to be criticizing media that's not Fox.

by Anonymousreply 449June 28, 2018 10:35 PM

[quote]Russian state TV brags about electing Trump

They repeatedly admitted that.

Great video about how Putin operates in the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 28, 2018 10:41 PM

I keep thinking about what would McConnell do here....he would probably make under the table deals with Senators for their votes.

by Anonymousreply 451June 29, 2018 12:39 AM

Miss Lindsay is indeed an old racist queen

When is Mueller issuing indictments? July 4 would be nice

#1 enemy with a bullet is Stephen Miller

#2 Ivanka

#3 Jared

#4 Don JR

#5 Kellyanne

by Anonymousreply 452June 29, 2018 2:21 AM

Justice Kennedy's SON is apparently part of the Trump cabal, via Deutschebank/Bank of Cyprus.

Could Justin Kennedy and Russian MONEY-LAUNDERING be THE raison d'etre for the "Citizens United" decision by his father's SCOTUS?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 29, 2018 3:04 AM

R453 - WW!!!! Unreal. Get this news out there!

by Anonymousreply 454June 29, 2018 3:07 AM

That's a pretty damn significant conflict of interest. But then that is par for the course for Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 455June 29, 2018 3:09 AM

You know I'm convinced that Nunes and Jordan and other House members are in someone's pocket. When you discover information like this about Justice Kennedy's son, it's like Jesus fucking Christ!! There's a Russian connection with all these fuckers. The corruption is so deep I have to wonder who else on the federal bench, our court has been compromised. I keep hoping Justice Roberts will do the decent thing, because even though he is a Conservative he seemed to be a decent person, but I'm losing any hope on that score.

by Anonymousreply 456June 29, 2018 3:46 AM

It is all just mindboggling!

by Anonymousreply 457June 29, 2018 3:57 AM

It would be a shame if Trump came across a modern day Gavrilo Princip while he was in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 458June 29, 2018 4:03 AM

[quote]Russian state TV brags about electing Trump

Of interest whether Trump would consider this 'fake news.'

by Anonymousreply 459June 29, 2018 5:06 AM

I don't get how our CIA and other agencies of government who are supposed to know shit, like the NSA and the DIA etc. working closely with our allies in europe, etc. didn't know about money laundering operations, Russian oligarch, bribery and coercion and money being funneled into the pockets of the three branches of our government,. We are discovering this shit now, but it goes back a few years. I'd say maybe five or six years. How could they not know?

by Anonymousreply 460June 29, 2018 5:20 AM

R460 - the Koch brothers and Putin both have deep pockets. I could list about 100 more...

by Anonymousreply 461June 29, 2018 5:22 AM

[quote] We are discovering this shit now, but it goes back a few years. I'd say maybe five or six years. How could they not know?

They always know. It's their job to know. What they do with the knowledge is a completely different thing and depends who is in charge (and who the one, who is in charge, is aligned to - that goes in deep state - not the "fake news deplorable variety - conspiracy territory). Look at rogue elements like Lottery Winner getting punished for stepping out of the line and sharing classified info with outsiders like people from the press.

by Anonymousreply 462June 29, 2018 6:32 AM

R462 Reality Winner is her name... let's include the journalists in on this mess we find ourselves. You would think they would investigate the claims in the leaked document about hacked voting machines. But they don't even seem bothered, like it's just a trivial footnote to the 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 463June 29, 2018 6:45 AM

There is a Russian troll bumping mindless threads to bury the news that 600 women were arrested yesterday on the Senate steps protesting Trump immigration policies. Nothing in the NY Times about it.

I’ll be bumping anti-Trump threads to counteract the troll bumping scat threads and threads from years ago.

Six hundred arrests — FASCISM.

by Anonymousreply 464June 29, 2018 7:13 AM

r462 here. So sorry, Of course the name is REALITY Winner, not Lottery Winner.

by Anonymousreply 465June 29, 2018 9:13 AM

r464, just bump the original thread. and mention the reason you bump it.

by Anonymousreply 466June 29, 2018 9:17 AM

There's mooo-ooore....

A BILLION times more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 29, 2018 10:09 AM

OMG at that link at R467. How is this not front page news everywhere?

by Anonymousreply 468June 29, 2018 10:22 AM

Jesus r467.

by Anonymousreply 469June 29, 2018 10:27 AM

Most of the East coast is sleeping. Wait till the morning news pick it up.

For sure Kennedy left because there is something shady coming out.

by Anonymousreply 470June 29, 2018 10:35 AM

Jordan, Gaetz, DeSantis, Gohmert, Nunes, Gowdy, and a few others are really boosting Putin while going to extremes in trying to protect Trump from further investigation.

Follow the money.

Putin has collected a lot of dirt on certain members of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 471June 29, 2018 11:43 AM

The whole US needs an enema flushing out all the corrupt criminals in power who destory the US. But then, who's there to fill the power vacuum having all the right resources at hand and is indeed willing to make the world a better, and more just, place?

by Anonymousreply 472June 29, 2018 11:52 AM

I'm shocked and appalled, r441.

All this time you all thought Miss Lindsey was a proper lady. It turns out she's just common foul-mouthed streetwalking trash.

by Anonymousreply 473June 29, 2018 11:55 AM

We probably can ferret out more information if we go back to the SCOTUS decision on Citizens United. Which justices supported allowing the flood gates to be opened? As I recall, some time later well after the effects were evident, Chief Justice Roberts aid he regretted his support of the decision. He i the only one who publicly said that. H seemed to realize what was going on. Not saying that Citizens United is the only thing but it is a huge part of setting up the foundation for so much corruption.

If Justice Kennedy's son is implicated in loans to Trump, from Deutche Bank, he's probably part of the Mueller investigation so yeah, I think Kennedy had no choice. He had to "retire." Because that shit was about to bust wide open. I remember last night someone who was covering the announcement said they remembered how Kennedy went to visit with Ivanka and her kids when they were at the capitol for the Inauguration. So Kennedy was pretty cozy with Trump and his family. Wonder if he ever visited Trump's modeling agency...

by Anonymousreply 474June 29, 2018 12:16 PM

Re: R467

Wow, OP really nailed the thread title on this one, eh?

by Anonymousreply 475June 29, 2018 12:26 PM

Is the report at R467 still simmering? I don't see any of the morning shows reporting it.

by Anonymousreply 476June 29, 2018 12:33 PM

The time to report it was before the 2016 election, but all that space was taken up with a national email emergency. Why would they bother now?

by Anonymousreply 477June 29, 2018 12:44 PM

R473 Perhaps Miss Linds is picking up language from the black trannies hanging out on 2-Notch down in Columbia. When Miss Linds starts saying, "Ize gonna read yo ugly bitch hefer up and down, then cut yo ole nasty ass right here and now". Miss Linds is not quite fully there yet

by Anonymousreply 478June 29, 2018 2:10 PM

Another chicken to add to the pot.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 29, 2018 2:16 PM

R479. Good you shared.

Rachel Maddow and others need to get this story more fully covered on cable media. It is not widely knon or understood.

This saga may be partly why Kennedy announced his retirement at this time. It would be embarrassing and a conflict of interest if a case related to Jared Kushner reached the Supreme Court.

Republicans are hoping any case involving the Trump-Russia investigation, will rule in Trump's favor each time. Plus Trump's authoritarian moves, they expect to get rubber-stamped by five justices.

Would Gorsuch and Thomas uphold a Martial Law declaration by Trump? Roberts and Alito certainly wouldn't want to go that far.

by Anonymousreply 480June 29, 2018 2:46 PM

^ known (sp.)

by Anonymousreply 481June 29, 2018 2:48 PM

What is the best way to pressure the media into proper coverage??? The reporters I would like to see discuss this includes Nicolle Wallace.....I think any former Repubs who flipped are the ones I want to hear having the drum. How do we demand coverage and get their cooperation?!?!?! It is so OBVIOUS what’s going on, just like it was so OBVIOUS there was collusion two mother fucking years ago. The WaPo??? We need coverage NOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 482June 29, 2018 2:59 PM

[quote]If Justice Kennedy's son is implicated in loans to Trump, from Deutche Bank, he's probably part of the Mueller investigation so yeah, I think Kennedy had no choice. He had to "retire." Because that shit was about to bust wide open

There is no "IF." Kennedy's son absolutely played a crucial role in helping Trump secure at least 1 billion dollars in loans when no other bank would touch Trump. As you may recall, DeutcheBank has already faced heavy fines for Russian money laundering.

On the contrary, I don't think Kennedy had to retire. In fact kENNEDY had already hired 4 law clerks to begin clerking for him in the Fall of 2018. He could've just recused himself. I hate to get all tinfoil hat, but with all the shit that's gone down the last 2-3 years, nothing is too crazy to be true it seems.

Anyway, apparently per the NY magazine, Trump and his cronies had been quietly lobbying for Kennedy to retire. Why would they do this? Presumably, because they could then appoint a justice who can rule in Trump's favor if for instance, Trump decides to pardon himself and the issue of whether a president can pardon himself reaches the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 483June 29, 2018 4:06 PM

If r483 is correct and a pardon case reached the Supreme Court and then Trump did indeed pardon himself there would be riots in the streets. At least I hope there would be. That would be outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 484June 29, 2018 4:11 PM

But the question is if Kennedy retires on his own or is he being blackmailed or forced by being threatened that his son would be their (or one of them) fall guy? I mean, we know Trump doesn't give a shit about friendship or being loyal to anyone. He wouldn't stick out his neck for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 485June 29, 2018 4:11 PM

r483.....I believe the Trump administration settled the DB money laundering fine for significantly lower (I believe 10 m) than what the demand was (600m)

by Anonymousreply 486June 29, 2018 4:28 PM

Clam down. Accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt. I cannot see Trump admitting guilt and he would never expose himself to a situation where he is barred from taking the 5th. So there is a down side of pardons. Same maintains for people like Jared, Donnie, Manafort, Flynn, and Cohen. If he pardoned them they couldn't hide behind the 5th and they'd be admitting guilt. Once you admit guilt you can have your assets seized and civil suits can be brought against you.

I absolutely agree with Kennedy resigning bcz of the Mueller investigation. I think once Trump and his lawyers realized Mueller was looking at Deutsche Bank and Trump's business loans, Kennedy's son was in the wind. Anticipating this, they started pressuring Kennedy to resign. These are some unscrupulous bastards. Finding an advantage in their own culpability.

by Anonymousreply 487June 29, 2018 4:36 PM

Article about Kennedy's retirement and his son's relationship with Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488June 29, 2018 4:46 PM

More details about the relationship between Kennedy's son and Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489June 29, 2018 4:50 PM

Pale, sweaty, slippery Jared Kushner, always hiding behind someone or something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490June 29, 2018 5:08 PM

From today's electoral-vote.com

Kelly Expected to Leave the White House this Summer

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that White House chief of staff John Kelly has had it and will leave during the summer. Trump and Kelly are rarely on the same page any more, and Trump doesn't like Kelly. He also doesn't like Kelly's attempts to rein him in and keep him from doing things that could be bad for the country. Kelly also reportedly called Trump an "idiot" in April and mocked him for his lack of knowledge. That is something Trump will never forgive.

Given how Trump grinds up people and then spits them out later, it will be very difficult to find a competent chief of staff to replace Kelly. Almost everyone capable of doing the job well knows how it is going to end. The only obvious figures who are not very weak are Budget Director Mick Mulvaney and Mike Pence's chief of staff, Nick Ayers. These are strong people, but are more Trumpian than Trump, so they might do it. If neither of them get the nod or refuse, Trump will find a weak yes-man who simply does what he is told and offers no leadership or resistance.

The White House, incidentally, is denying everything, insisting that Trump and Kelly get along great, that Kelly is not remotely thinking about leaving, and that this whole story is "fake news." Of course, the administration said exactly the same things about H.R. McMaster right before he left. And Gary Cohn. And Rex Tillerson. And Reince Preibus. So there may be something of a pattern here. (V)

by Anonymousreply 491June 29, 2018 5:11 PM

[quote] If you get me one more glass of wine, I’ll tell you stuff only Bob Mueller and I know,” Warner reportedly told the 100 or so guests. “If you think you’ve seen wild stuff so far, buckle up. It’s going to be a wild couple of months.”

by Anonymousreply 492June 29, 2018 5:14 PM

trump is just the tip of the iceberg of a vast, evil, band of thieves. I hope it all quickly sees the light of day but I really wonder how this will be prosecuted when the vast breadth of the treasonous players is known. So many players around the globe, so wealthy and adept at skirting the law. I just hope there are still enough good people left to counteract the depravity of these people.

by Anonymousreply 493June 29, 2018 5:29 PM

The tentacles of this corruption run far and deep. This is truly incredible if true and again should prevent Trump from appointing a new SCOTUS judge. Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 494June 29, 2018 5:34 PM

Cut off the head

by Anonymousreply 495June 29, 2018 5:37 PM

R494 How many are going to understand it? But the claim that this should suspend appointing a new Judge until this is investigated, should be spread loud and clear. Nobody but you has thought of that chess move yet. Or that I've seen anyway.

by Anonymousreply 496June 29, 2018 6:59 PM

Corey Booker has been very vocal about it r496......while all the dems are crying about "Mitchs new rules should apply here as well", hes been yelling that Trump is under investigation and should be prevented from choosing a justice who will ultimately have a decision regarding his case...i.e. warrants, subpoenas, testimony, pardons, etc........

Meanwhile, McConnell says things are different this year because Obamas pick was in a presidential election year and this is only midterms.

by Anonymousreply 497June 29, 2018 7:11 PM

R497 that’s exactly why that can’t be the Dems argument. It MUST be that we WILL NOT FUCKING ALLOW a president under investigation to appoint a judge to the highest bench in the land AND we demand ADDITIONAL investigations into Justice Kennedy’s ties to Trump, his sons ties to Trump, their ties to Jared, their ties to the Koch’s. Dems need to be going NUCLEAR with this message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 498June 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Exactly. The Democratic Party should raise holy hell and make CRIMINAL RIGHT WING HYPOCRITES as big as a buzzword as SOCIALIST LIBERALS.

Social (and the liberal) media should address each and every conservative polititian and pundit as part of the PARTY OF CRIMINAL RIGHT WING HYPOCRITES. Label and shame them. Address Donald Trump as the currently investigated for (past, present, and future) criminal acts POTUS. Address his associates with being investigated as well.

Let the conservatives get defensive when called out for being part of the PARTY OF CRIMINAL RIGHT WING HYPOCRITES. Let them have to prove that they are indeed not part of that with actual action.

by Anonymousreply 499June 29, 2018 7:51 PM

I send you my warmest wishes and sympathies

by Anonymousreply 500June 29, 2018 7:59 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 501June 29, 2018 10:24 PM

R499 I like it!!

by Anonymousreply 502June 29, 2018 10:27 PM

Schumers plan is apparently to just ask Mitch McConnell very nicely to delay the SCOTUS vote until after the mid terms. Good luck with that ,ya schmuck! Seriously, what is Chuck good for- door stop. I don't think Pelosi even has a thought. Warren an a few others are planning to fight. How effective that will be w/o bringing up Trumps criminal investigation is ongoing and Mueller maybe producing something more than he already has it will likely fail. Maybe it doesn't matter. Trump will get 2 picks on the Supreme Court. Maybe more if anybody dies or retires.

by Anonymousreply 503June 29, 2018 10:35 PM

I hate to bring up the "r" word but that might be what it takes. It worked in the 1960s and no one was afraid of using that word.

by Anonymousreply 504June 29, 2018 10:40 PM

There was a protest rally on Capitol Hill yesterday, in the Hart Senate Office building. About 600 women protested. It was very impressive. All of the women were arrested. Apparently - one of the women who was protesting and was arrested was - Susan Sarandon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 29, 2018 11:24 PM

R504. You say you want a revolution? Unlike John Lennon you can count me in.

by Anonymousreply 506June 29, 2018 11:34 PM

I agree it’s time for REVOLUTION. They are outnumbered. I’m not talking violence but I am talking unignorable. How many of you are doing a march tomorrow hmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 507June 29, 2018 11:49 PM

Mitch pulled the "presidential year" out of his ass. You can say damned near anything to do what you want to do. The Dems know that and they ought to do that. But the problem is three Democrats are definitely going to vote with the Republicans. That means the Dems will need 5 Republicans to side with them. Ain't gonna happen. If we get every single Dem, which we won't, we'll still need two Republicans to join us. If three Dems vote with the GOP we need 5. The numbers are against us. Having said that, I want to see the Dems dig in and fight like hell and do not give an inch. They have to be seen to fight and oppose McConnell on this or it will cost them in November. People just will not show up. There's a lot of anger out here. Righteous anger. The Dems absolutely must show they recognize and support it an fight.

by Anonymousreply 508June 29, 2018 11:52 PM

Chuck Schumer needs to tell McConnell that if we go back to regular rules pre Garland, then that means we need 60 votes....not 51.....he cant have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 509June 30, 2018 12:15 AM

One would think that with the popularity of The Handmaids Tale that people would be outraged with whats happening to society right before our eyes.

by Anonymousreply 510June 30, 2018 12:19 AM

I am unfortunately beginning to believe that Mueller is just a distraction from Pruitt and the Immigration thing and all the other shit they are doing to destroy this country. He is a Republican . Comey didn’t protect us so why should we believe he will. Smoke and mirrors. Hit the streets next week

by Anonymousreply 511June 30, 2018 12:34 AM

Trump will get away with everything. Whatever Mueller or NY federal court or state courts do, he will take it to SCOTUS and be exonerated.

by Anonymousreply 512June 30, 2018 12:35 AM

Getting him out of office should be the priority.

by Anonymousreply 513June 30, 2018 12:40 AM

Ted Lieu is fighting back on Twitter today. One tweet after another is so good. I love this man.

The rest of Congress seems to have gone home for the recess.

by Anonymousreply 514June 30, 2018 12:55 AM

Miss Lindsey must be in Turkey. She is tweeting pics of her meeting with Erdogan.

If she gets a Turkish bath while there, are taxpayers paying for it?

by Anonymousreply 515June 30, 2018 1:22 AM

Ted Lieu was sensational the other day. Watch the last two minutes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516June 30, 2018 1:42 AM

Y'all, this discussion is fascinating and everything...but I'm restless with anticipation for the next thread title!

I just thought of "Everything Happens For A Treason" just now, and was soooo proud of myself for five seconds But...of course, it has already been used.

by Anonymousreply 517June 30, 2018 1:49 AM

It's a pretty fun exercise to try to come up with thread titles. Here are a few I'm kicking around tonight:

TRASH INTO TREASON

THERE'S NO TREASON LIKE GOP TREASON

NOW YOU'RE COOKING WITH TREASON

GOT TO BELIEVE WE ARE TREASON (I've been listening to the "Xanadu" soundtrack today)

ORANGE IS THE NEW TREASON

by Anonymousreply 518June 30, 2018 1:49 AM

And of course....were the OP psychic and could intuit, in advance, which thread will be last thread in the series, they could call it

THE TREASON FINALE

by Anonymousreply 519June 30, 2018 1:51 AM

Fuck this and if the Kennedy conflicts of interest revelations are true this is exponential levels of shadiness. Time for the streets fellow dems! I'm not going to roll over for a bunch of racist, bigoted oligarch wanna bes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520June 30, 2018 11:34 AM

Is the old Helen Lawson number from Velley of the Dolls possibly suitable as a thread title? Or just too obscure - or not funny enough - or whatever?

I kinda like the sound of ‘I’ll Plant My Own Treason’ though - and will always have visions of la Heyward performing it as Helen... good times!

by Anonymousreply 521June 30, 2018 12:06 PM

The only hit that comes out of a Helen Lawson thread is Helen Lawson, and that's ME, baby, remember?

by Anonymousreply 522June 30, 2018 12:11 PM

You Scratch My Treason, I Scratch Your Treason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 30, 2018 12:21 PM

I recommended some movie-themed titles in past threads:

Valley of the Treasons

Treason Dearest

All About Treason

Whatever Happened to Baby Treason?

by Anonymousreply 524June 30, 2018 12:44 PM

Gone With the Treason (for when Trump is removed from office)

The Wizard of Treason

by Anonymousreply 525June 30, 2018 12:57 PM

As others have stated the real reason to delay a pick is because Drumpf is under investigation. Case closed. Him picking a favorable SCOTUS is just another way to obstruct the investigation. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 526June 30, 2018 1:00 PM

I Talk To The Treason been used yet?

I love me a nice Paint Your Wagon pun.

by Anonymousreply 527June 30, 2018 1:00 PM

Well I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 528June 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Chief Justice Roberts concerns me. Because I wonder how assertive he really is. I remember reading about him being overshadowed by the bellicose bastard Scalia, and after Scalia died pundits were saying that now Roberts could step out of Scalia's shadow and make his mark and shape the court into the Robert Court. But in some ways he reminds me of Paul Ryan not necessarily with Ryan's dishonesty and corruption, but with maybe being passive, not assertive enough. He really needs to be seen to be doing more to maintain the integrity of the Court. I don't think he wants to b remembered for being the most corrupt SCOTUS in history.

by Anonymousreply 529June 30, 2018 1:56 PM

Here's the problem, Trump has a ton of money behind him. The Kochs, Mercers alone are huge. Also, the Trump people are amoral. Lying and smearing and ruining anyone is easy peesy for this gang. Roy Cohn would be so proud. Hell, Paul Ryan fired a Catholic priest from being the senate chaplain. Something might get Trump. But only if the economy tanks and farmers lose farms and deplorables lose jobs . The we might see a revolution. But a Revolution is coming. Blood in the streets. The Democrats are not a united front. We need a strong leader who can fight like a street fighter. My team would include Michael Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 530June 30, 2018 2:13 PM

In a jockstrap.

by Anonymousreply 531June 30, 2018 2:33 PM

R530, you're wrong about the Dems. We are united when it comes to Trump. We bicker about the "How" but we are definitely united on our goals. Step outside and check out the turnout for the rallies in 750 cities around the country today. Hundreds of thousands of people all colors all ages, families, all marching and rallying against Trump on immigration. One White couple brought their kids to the NYC march told the reporter, " we wanted to speak for the people and children in detention and be their voices. They can't be here but we can." That's the kind of thing Dems represent. Inclusion, Unity, Compassion.

by Anonymousreply 532June 30, 2018 2:46 PM

Anyone here remember Justice Souter? A Bush appointee (41) who turned out to be a stealth Justice who was more Liberal than anyone expected.

by Anonymousreply 533June 30, 2018 3:02 PM

This morning, while on vacation, I got my hair cut at a little shop. The old man working there had the TV on some sports show about soccer. I wasn't really paying attention, but I heard the sports announcers yammering about being in "The largest country in the world: BEAUTIFUL Russia!"

Then they kept on and on about "Red Square bustling with happy, excited people" and more pro-Russia drivel. "No violence... safe!"

OF COURSE, it turned out to be one of Fox's sports channels.

So, the propaganda war is even on non-"news" channels, slipped in there to make the viewers believe Putin's country is happy and a wonderful place.

I mean, these announcers (3 men, 1 woman) were GLEEFUL in their Russian cheerleading.

It's everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 534June 30, 2018 3:02 PM

r533, I doubt that will happen with Trump and his Loyalty Pledge demand.

by Anonymousreply 535June 30, 2018 3:07 PM

I thought the Koch’s turned on Trump?

by Anonymousreply 536June 30, 2018 3:16 PM

I still think the line from the song "Turn, Turn, Turn" should be used for a thread title: To everything turn, turn, turn. There is a TREASON, turn, turn, turn.

by Anonymousreply 537June 30, 2018 4:04 PM

Or...."There is a TREASON, turn, turn, turn, And a time to any purpose under heaven".

by Anonymousreply 538June 30, 2018 4:11 PM

Fuck, not 40 more Title Suggestions now just to full up this thread!

by Anonymousreply 539June 30, 2018 4:12 PM

R529, a couple of days ago, the guys at electoral-vote.com addressed this very question/idea. It is a lengthy, but good read. Reading it gave me a little hope. It's too long to post here so I am providing the link.

P.S. The two things about Roberts are 1. He's Catholic thus abortion rights are on the balance. 2. Unlike some Catholics, he might have a heart about the people in the minority. Only time will tell. Let's hope for the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 30, 2018 4:43 PM

This. I've noticed it in certain areas of the rural suburbs in the South, but college campuses all over the country are experiencing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 30, 2018 5:06 PM

News this week: Rob Rosenstein was pissed that he was used to fire Comey. We should have known that then.

There was a later incident where RR was told to do something similar, perhaps fire Mueller, and he refused. The Trump Administration had recently then fired a number of others, so they couldn’t fire Sessions and then RR without it looking worse than the Saturday Night Massacre.

I think it will happen later, though. Trump has a history of doing extreme things and waiting/daring (for) others to challenge him.

by Anonymousreply 542June 30, 2018 6:01 PM

So we have a 28 year old Socialist and a 78 year old deluded leader.

Sorry if I don’t hold out much hope for November

Giant leadership gap and no overarching strategy

by Anonymousreply 543June 30, 2018 6:21 PM

TIme for the home

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544June 30, 2018 6:27 PM

Oh, look, the "no periods" troll is back at R543. <---- See, that's a period...we use them all the time in English, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 545June 30, 2018 6:30 PM

R544, the Daily Caller? Really?

by Anonymousreply 546June 30, 2018 6:31 PM

Someone throwing cold water in your face is sometimes needed. Wake up and smell the problem.

by Anonymousreply 547June 30, 2018 6:32 PM

r534 I noticed it last week at my Physical Therapy session. They had Fox Sports on (Soccer I think) and I wasn't paying much attention but they started talking up Russia, it was strange and I feel like Americans are getting brainwashed and don't get what is going on. They also have Fox News channels on in hospital waiting rooms and doctor offices.

by Anonymousreply 548June 30, 2018 6:47 PM

Any Democrat or liberal who attacks Pelosi, one of the most effective Speakers and fundraisers in the history of the Dem party, is doing the bidding of the Repug propaganda machine for them. Your ignorance of her accomplishments and willingness to reiterate the right wing's talking points and attacks means you are a gullible idiot and, more likely than not, a Bernbro.

by Anonymousreply 549June 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Maybe you are as deluded as Nancy. She needs to retire and not make stupid claims about wanting to stay in power until 2020.

by Anonymousreply 550June 30, 2018 6:58 PM

R550, you are just doing the Repugs work for them. Keep doubling down on it. I don't care. You just look like more and more of an ignorant ass.

by Anonymousreply 551June 30, 2018 7:03 PM

[quote]Apparently - one of the women who was protesting and was arrested was - Susan Sarandon!

Oh, my, does she have another low-rent television production to promote?

by Anonymousreply 552June 30, 2018 7:07 PM

Agree Nancy should go. She is is not motivating enough Democrats nationally to vote, has held on to power for too long, so another failure in November is 100% her fault. She has had a whole year to organize voters and she let the enthusiasm gap wane. Without a robust GOTV with younger leaders, Dems will fail because are perceived as lazy, losers and weak. Depending on Mueller is a losing game. I would 100% support Nancy if she said these are the young leaders of the party , but her boomer ego is excessive.

by Anonymousreply 553June 30, 2018 7:14 PM

Nancy is pre-boomer r553; born in 1940.

That said, I see her slurring her words too and starting to look lost in public appearances and I think it's time for her to step down as well.

by Anonymousreply 554June 30, 2018 7:22 PM

r553....you are an idiot. An uninformed clueless idiot who doesnt understand how it works. It is NOT Nancy Pelosis job to motivate voters.....that is the job of the DNC, and honestly, although I like him, Tom Perez is NOT the man for the job. The job of NP right now is to rally the dem reps in congress and to keep them on the same page and to oppose the GOP platform and the garbage they are trying to force through..

by Anonymousreply 555June 30, 2018 7:23 PM

Calling someone names is common in delusion. For better or worse, Nancy is seen as the leader of Democrats. Maybe new leadership is quickly needed unless you want to to end up losing again. No one is doing the work of Republicans, we are.

by Anonymousreply 556June 30, 2018 7:34 PM

Tom Perez is weak sauce, but Nancy Pelosi is old sauce.

Not a winning strategy.

by Anonymousreply 557June 30, 2018 7:36 PM

Should be Howard Dean, not Tom Perez.

by Anonymousreply 558June 30, 2018 7:48 PM

Someone on the Liberal side needs to motivate and put a fire under people's asses. And when I see Nancy Pelosi shushing Maxine Waters for doing so then I don't see Nancy Pelosi as someone who can assist The Democratic Party to a victory the whole world (well, except Russia, of course), and not just the US, needs.

Were is the new generation of Democrats who could take over? Has Nancy Pelosi mentored anyone or groomed as her successor (or did she sabotage others, younger ones, to secure her position in the political arena)?

by Anonymousreply 559June 30, 2018 7:49 PM

Pelosi Is elected by her caucus. They know her well, and keep electing her.

by Anonymousreply 560June 30, 2018 7:53 PM

Maybe not after this fall's election r560.

If the Dems get a lot of new, young members (especially females), I can see them throwing the old guard right out the window in 2019.

by Anonymousreply 561June 30, 2018 9:29 PM

[quote]nd honestly, although I like him, Tom Perez is NOT the man for the job.

He has been successful in organizing the DNC and infusing the grassroots movements. He had been the most effective DNC leader since Howard Dean.

But in a modern world that is less intellectual, charisma and personality are more valued assets than Brains. Perez needs a charismatic man in front while he does his thing behind the scenes. .

by Anonymousreply 562June 30, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote] Perez needs a charismatic man in front while he does his thing behind the scenes. .

The same can be said about Pelosi. They may be great strategists and negotiators, but you need someone young, pretty, charismatic, and - well - photogenic to get people's attention these days. Or someone who pushes people's buttons either way..

Blame it on lowest common denominator entertainment, but the sad reality is you have to have someone who can get people all fired up. Donald Trump is probably the biggest asshole in the world (apart from Vladimir Putin, of course) but that's exactly his appeal: He gets people all fired up (hating him or loving him, I can't see there being an inbetween like a "meh"). The Liberals need someone who can make the Deplorables shit bricks the moment he or she's on TV, internet news media, newspapers and magazines. Hillary Clinton still accomplishes that. People either love her or hate her and the ones who lover her feel that she was cheated out of her victory by the right wing media, the GOP, the Kochs, the Mercers, Trump and - of course - Vladimir Putin.

by Anonymousreply 563June 30, 2018 9:49 PM

[quote]They may be great strategists and negotiators, but you need someone young, pretty, charismatic, and - well - photogenic to get people's attention these days.

And which of these does Trump possess? And, no, he is not charismatic unless everyone's racist asshole uncle is also charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 564June 30, 2018 9:53 PM

[quote] And which of these does Trump possess? And, no, he is not charismatic unless everyone's racist asshole uncle is also charismatic.

I very much agree. He is none of that.

[quote] They may be great strategists and negotiators, but you need someone young, pretty, charismatic, and - well - photogenic to get people's attention these days. [bold] Or someone who pushes people's buttons either way.. [/bold]

But do you deny he is able to push people's buttons?

by Anonymousreply 565June 30, 2018 9:57 PM

I don’t think people need to be too worried about the age and lack of charisma among the leadership or at the DNC. Pelosi wasn’t exactly young when the Democrats flipped the House in 2006 and had the same Lucille Bluth by way of San Francisco demeanor, and when the GOP did it a few years later, the RNC was run by the laughable Michael Steele and their top Congressional leader was John Boehner, a Marlboro Red in human form. I don’t think anyone voted in the wave years because Steele or Boehner, let alone Reince Priebus or Mitch McConnell had even the tiniest amount of charisma.

The Democrats are finding a whole lot of Conor Lambs to run, and the GOP has to settle for Roy Moores. That matters a lot more than whether the party chair has sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 566June 30, 2018 9:57 PM

That's the point, R566. The only people pushing anything related to Pelosi are the Repugs. Any Dems who parrot those talking points are idiots. When the Repugs attack Pelosi, the Dems need to attack the Repugs, not fucking agree with them!

by Anonymousreply 567June 30, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote] Pelosi wasn’t exactly young when the Democrats flipped the House in 2006

That was 2006. Do you really claim that nothing has changed since then?

by Anonymousreply 568June 30, 2018 10:00 PM

[quote] When the Repugs attack Pelosi, the Dems need to attack the Repugs, not fucking agree with them!

Maybe Pelosi should lead by example and not turn on her own party members, like Maxine Walters, and have their backs!

by Anonymousreply 569June 30, 2018 10:02 PM

So, just a bunch of in-fighting here and no treason talk?

THAT is scaring me. Divisive. Chaotic.

by Anonymousreply 570June 30, 2018 10:04 PM

Do the Dems have some kind of web dashboard that shows competitve races and where money is most needed to ensure victory? They need modern tools like that to engage audiences

by Anonymousreply 571June 30, 2018 10:28 PM

Alec Baldwin issuing a call to arms re Mueller:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 30, 2018 10:42 PM

Pelosi and Perez are both fantastic but a visible and vocal front man like Avenatti would be amazing for the party. I'm all about him taking on any visible role ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 573June 30, 2018 11:08 PM

So it’s OK for old man Trump to lead the Republicans, but Nancy Pelosi is too old for the Democrats? Bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 574July 1, 2018 12:38 AM

[quote]Avenatti would be amazing for the party. I'm all about him taking on any visible role ASAP.

In a jockstrap, please, as someone already requested earlier.

by Anonymousreply 575July 1, 2018 12:52 AM

Apparently some of you idiots (r534, r548) need to be informed that the WORLD CUP is taking place in Russia. Not everything is about politics so chill out.

by Anonymousreply 576July 1, 2018 2:45 AM

And, R576, how exactly did the corrupt, war-mongering, Crimea-invading country of Russia happen to get an Olympics and the World Cup? Hmm.

by Anonymousreply 577July 1, 2018 3:48 AM

r577....because the IOC and FIFA are both notoriously corrupt themselves

by Anonymousreply 578July 1, 2018 3:56 AM

r577 The IOC and FIFA are easily manipulated by bribery. A dictator/criminal/intelligence agent like Putin knows exactly how the system works. But you already knew that, didn't you, comrade Boris?

by Anonymousreply 579July 1, 2018 4:03 AM

Avenatti/Jockstrap 2020

by Anonymousreply 580July 1, 2018 4:06 AM

r574, First of all, Nancy Pelosi is older than Donald Trump by 6 years. Second of all, I don't give a flying fuck who is the head of the Republicans because I'm not a Republican, but I do care who is the leader of the Democrats. I have noticed 78 year old Nancy Pelosi slurring her words in her speeches, and also acting like she has no idea where she is at times; I think she's possibly having early dementia problems.

That tells me that she is too old and yes, she should step down and let new young blood lead the party.

by Anonymousreply 581July 1, 2018 4:40 AM

Haven’t you seen where Trump slurs his words?

by Anonymousreply 582July 1, 2018 5:04 AM

R582 Yes, we have seen him slur, but the media just remark on it (if at all) and let it go. Hey, they don't even bother to question any of his lies. So why care if he's senile?

by Anonymousreply 583July 1, 2018 5:10 AM

Link to new thread when this fills up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 1, 2018 5:15 AM

Ugh. Why do some posters make this about age when it's rally about who can push the right buttons? Donald Trump is an asshole and pushes everyone's buttons. Pelosi does not do that and it comes off as weak, restraint, not doing enough. It wouldn't matter so much if her actions would look like she has the Democratic Party's back, but instead she's insisting on working with the Republican Party, which has shown over and over again how they close ranks and back Trump, and also sides with the Republican Party stabbing Democrats, like Maxine Waters, in the back. The optics are just not there when it comes to Nancy "Impeachement is off the table!" Pelosi. Maybe Washington knows her as great strategist and fundraiser, but the rest of the nation knows her as the "Impeachement is off the table" gal. And that doesn't inspire confidence that she's the right one to take on flashy, button-pushing Donald Trump and the Republican Party. You just know that she will make deals that stroke the GOP's ego and the citizens feel screwed over, because the get the short end of the the "compromise" stick.

by Anonymousreply 585July 1, 2018 5:18 AM

sorry, ... because THEY get the short end of the "compromise" stick.

by Anonymousreply 586July 1, 2018 5:20 AM

R579 has reading comprehension issues.

by Anonymousreply 587July 1, 2018 7:33 AM

Pelosi at 78 is too old but Justice Kennedy get to work until he's 83? I like Pelosi. I like the fact that she gets a lot done, she's effective, and she has built up a lot of IOUs and has the clout the seniority and the history to lead the House. Maybe people prefer the Paul Ryan approach?

by Anonymousreply 588July 1, 2018 10:40 AM

Some people age better than others. Maybe Kennedy has just aged better than Pelosi. And who is asking her to retire her seat? All some of us are suggesting is that if the Democrats take back the House, maybe we need new, younger blood in the speaker chair? That's all.

I'm telling you if a lot of those younger female (and male) Democratic candidates make it to the House, they will insist on new, younger blood in the speakership and that does not bode well for Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 589July 1, 2018 12:21 PM

r588....because its all about ME, ME, ME.......they dont understand that its because of that ignorance that we are in the situation were in...(i.e. Berniebros, Stein voters)

by Anonymousreply 590July 1, 2018 3:04 PM

Link to new thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591July 1, 2018 3:05 PM

Pelosi needs to go because the Democrats won’t and don’t defend her from GOP attacks.

by Anonymousreply 592July 1, 2018 3:09 PM

Pelosi needs to go because she SIDES with the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593July 1, 2018 3:15 PM

The Democratic Party needs unity and strength. Scolding another member of your own party doesn't show unity and strenght. Of all people Nancy Pelosi should know that.

by Anonymousreply 594July 1, 2018 3:20 PM

The Pelosi haters on this thread need to take it elsewhere or start a separate thread......these threads are about Trumps treason.

by Anonymousreply 595July 1, 2018 3:21 PM

DL, we can find common ground.

Take our fainting couches back from "safe space fainting couch feminists"!

Fainting couches belong to eloquent ladies, not shit stirring, nitwit social justice warriors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596July 1, 2018 3:22 PM

My husband an i tooght her about why hair is in on the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 597July 1, 2018 3:42 PM

And shaving pussy hair has always been a no-no.

by Anonymousreply 598July 1, 2018 4:26 PM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599July 1, 2018 4:31 PM

Thread Closed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600July 1, 2018 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!