Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republicans Who are Anti-Trump

One might disagree with them about everything else, but one has to have some respect for a Right-Winger who spoke-up and said the Emperor has no clothes. (That's an awful sight to imagine.)

Who are they? I know of a few:

David Frum

Bill Chrystal

George Will

by Anonymousreply 234October 7, 2020 3:42 AM

Dear God how many political trolls can there be? I've blocked at least 200.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2017 10:39 PM

Ana Navarro

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2017 10:40 PM

Anyone who counted on a political appointment from Jeb. It was after all his turn.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2017 10:41 PM

OP - why?

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2017 10:41 PM

I believe I recall that only one national newspaper endorsed Trump. Sorry I don't remember which, but that leaves all the others as having a dose of unexpected integrity and/or true patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2017 10:43 PM

Richard Painter - who I absolute adore.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2017 10:46 PM

absolutely*

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2017 10:46 PM

Nicole Wallace

The Bush family

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2017 10:47 PM

R4, I'm thinking there will be a stampede over the coming months of Republicans who will say the were never a true Trump supporter. It would be nice to get an understanding now of who is, and is not.

I've heard that after the war, if you asked in Germany, you'd hear that nobody was a Hitler supporter, when of course that wasn't true at all. That's the same for Nixon supporters after he resigned, although some people now are singing his praises again.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2017 10:48 PM

I'm not sure about Michael Steele, the Black, Marylander, former RNC Chairman. He's a bit wish-washy. I think he's personally anti-Trump, but he doesn't express that on TV. His statements slightly lean towards Trump, regardless of his personal opinion. So, he doesn't quite belong in this group, I guess, but I'd be interested in hearing alternate opinions.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2017 10:51 PM

Yes, Nicole Wallace, R8. I've come to like her show for her having this much sense at least.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2017 10:53 PM

Steve Schmidt

Rick Wilson

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2017 10:54 PM

Abraham Lincoln

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2017 10:56 PM

I don't know about Susan Del Percio's opinion, but I just wanted to say that she always looks like she's in a lot of pain. Or maybe that someone just shot her puppy. Something like that.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2017 10:56 PM

Can we count S-S-S u u s a a a n C-C-C-C o l-l-l-l I n-n-n ssssss?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2017 10:58 PM

David Brooks - whom I actually can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2017 11:03 PM

R15, from what I know, I would say "no". She may oppose many of his policies, and may probably hate him, but she hasn't been a vocal anti-trump voice. As far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2017 11:04 PM

Don't forget all the idiot Republicans who voted Bush II into office TWICE. And so many refuse to acknowledge their part in that trainwreck...

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2017 11:05 PM

Patricia Heaton said she wouldn't vote Republican if Trump was the candidate.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2017 11:05 PM

Oh, there is Josh Barro, who switched from being a Republican to Democrat recently because of Trump. I don't recall who he supported during the election.

This is a lot of prominent names already. I think this is unprecedented, from my recollection.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2017 11:10 PM

Sadly not enough r20.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2017 11:13 PM

We're not done yet, R21!

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2017 11:13 PM

Rep. Mark Sanford, former Governor of South Carolina. I think he qualifies.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2017 11:15 PM

Tom Selleck, who goes both ways politically, did not endorse any of the major candidates.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2017 11:22 PM

Tom Selleck was busy stealing water from the city to use on his estate during the critical water drought in California at the start of the campaign. He was in lockdown on politics.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2017 11:29 PM

R5 Las Vegas Review and Fla Times Union of Jacksonville Fla were the on 2 of 100 large newspapers in the US to endorse Twittter.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2017 11:36 PM

That's pretty amazing, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2017 11:38 PM

At least Trump doesn't always adhere to the party line. Moreover, their attempts to speak ill of his character just make them look like hypocrites. Trump is better than these Republicans on a lot of issues, and where he is not, he is no worse.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2017 11:46 PM

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2017 11:46 PM

Senator Ben Sasse from Nebraska. His views are repulsive (good-looking guy, though), but he's one of the few people who came out against Trump during the primaries and hasn't wavered from that.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2017 11:52 PM

[quote] At least Trump doesn't always adhere to the party line.

Examples?

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2017 11:54 PM

R28, the biggest problems with Trump aren't his politics, in my opinion. The problem is that he a stupid man; who is mentally unstable; and morally bankrupt and throughly corrupt.

His politics are whatever is convienent, as long as it is the opposite of anything the Black President promoted.

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2017 12:00 AM

Who cares what idiots like David Frum, or other former cheerleaders of the Neocon agenda think. Perhaps Trump's greatest moment was totally humiliating Jeb Bush on the debate stage. At least that moment was well earned.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2017 12:04 AM

I care, R33. It demonstrates in an unusual and unambiguous way, just what an abomination DJT is. Republicans do not publically oppose a Republican President unless there is something uniquely dangerious about that President. It's almost completely unheard of and unprecedented.

It is commonplace and mostly inconsequential for Democrats to complain about a Republican President, but this list of opposing, prominent Republicans is a big deal. I want to keep it hand to shove in the face of a deplorable relative someday.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2017 12:15 AM

Kathleen Parker Pulitzer Prize winning CONSERVATIVE JOURNALIST OP ED WRITER for the Washington Post. She is very very Conservative, but she hates this clown with the heat of a thousand suns.

Jeniffer Rubin, also a CONSERVATIVE JOURNALIST and OP ED writer at the Washington Post... LOVE Jennifer Rubin. Totally Brilliant!

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2017 12:24 AM

Joe Scarborough

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2017 12:31 AM

I cheated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2017 12:53 AM

Who knew that old prune Barbara Bush had some sense in her?

[quote] Barbara Bush: NAY

[quote] Unlike her husband and elder son, the former first lady has publicly disavowed Trump. “I mean, unbelievable. I don't know how women can vote for someone who said what he said about Megyn Kelly, it’s terrible,” she told CBS in February. “And we knew what he meant too.” (February 4, 2016)

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2017 1:02 AM

I still don't see what difference it makes. OK so George Will opposes Trump. How on earth does that make up for his entire career?

When Trump is gone does it somehow make these Republican's opinions/policies more acceptable? Not to me.

I promise you every Republican elected official opposing Trump and taken a very close look at polling.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2017 1:06 AM

R39, firstly, if you reread R34, it states that this reflects how unusual and awful Trump is. Not about George Will, or any of the other Republicans mentioned. Okay? About Trump.

Now, after you have wrapped your head around that, and only after you have done so, then YES, it does reflect well on those Republicans who put the good of the country over their party loyalty, because not everyone has done so.

Many of the Republicans listed here who oppose Trump are not elected officials. Many are opinion writers. Some belong to think tanks. Polling doesn't play a role in many of these people's positions. It's rather simplistic to assume so.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2017 1:29 AM

I also believe that George Will is decrepid and desperate for relevance. I dont doubt that 24hr television is a greenfield opportunity for Men like him. Craven, seeking the limelight. Lastly despising Twittler.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2017 1:41 AM

Oh, these conservatives say they're against Trump, but they DO NOTHING about it, but bitch and whine. These people have the power to make changes, but they're too afraid to go against Trump and the GOP. They should just shut up or do something to stand against Trump and the GOP! I highly doubt it will happen.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2017 1:41 AM

I think the only Republicans who hate him are the ones who feel he is irreparably ruining their "brand." It is not hate borne out of concern for the terrible things his administration is doing to the common American.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2017 1:44 AM

One thing these conservatives have done is speak out about it and write about it. And many were doing so before the election. R42, what, for example, do you otherwise expect them to do? And it's a truly stupid thing to write that you think they should "shut up". Instead, they should continue speaking up. You're entire post is nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2017 1:54 AM

Nicolle Wallace and Ana Navarro are fan-fucking-tastic at the moment.

I'd love to have a few drinks with them.

by Anonymousreply 45July 1, 2017 2:10 AM

R42 here. I did not not mean "shut up" literally. I meant that they complain about Trump and do nothing about it.

by Anonymousreply 46July 1, 2017 2:17 AM

R40 - Calm down and read my post. When I referred to polling I specifically said elected officials. So if you are going to get snarky - at least stock to what has been written.

You still haven't addressed my basic assertion. Look if you like these guys and agree with them - fine. But as far as I can tell none of the people mentioned have changed their basic philosophies, they just don't like Trump.

How does their not liking Trump change their core political values? Let me give you an example. Nicole Wallace. There is absolutely nothing out of character for her to oppose Trump. It is very consistent with her history. You and others might like her but let's not forget the critical role she played in Bush/Cheney White House as well as the 2004 Bush/Cheney campaign.

by Anonymousreply 47July 1, 2017 2:18 AM

[quote] R46: You still haven't addressed my basic assertion. Look if you like these guys and agree with them - fine.

I can't tell what your basic assertion is. Nobody said they "like these guys and agree with them".

[quote] But as far as I can tell none of the people mentioned have changed their basic philosophies, they just don't like Trump..

That is something unusual, and worth acknowledging and celebrating; and it is a commentary on just how bad Trump actually is.

by Anonymousreply 48July 1, 2017 3:00 AM

R49 I'm sure the Dems and certain Republicans don't like Trump, but they dislike him for different reasons. The only thing they can agree on is that he is crass. Personally, I rather have someone inexperienced who sometimes does the right thing rather than some establishment type who is all business as usual. The Dems trying to unite behind these Republicans baffle me. Most of us are old enough to remember Bush/Cheney. At least Trump had the balls to go after them.

by Anonymousreply 49July 1, 2017 4:32 AM

So far Trump hasn't done or signed a single damn thing that isn't standard republican horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 50July 1, 2017 4:37 AM

I shouldn't give all the credit to Trump since Republicans have been in damage control mode for awhile now. Still he stood up to Bush, unlike the rest of the Republican candidates.

by Anonymousreply 51July 1, 2017 4:38 AM

Margaret Hoover.

by Anonymousreply 52July 1, 2017 9:03 AM

Bill Kristol this past Thursday in response to Donald's Mika tweet:

Dear @realDonaldTrump,

You are a pig.

Sincerely,

Bill Kristol

by Anonymousreply 53July 1, 2017 2:03 PM

Bill Kristol is a pig,too. Are we really supposed to pretend that these evil Republicans are honorable (!?) because Trump is a vulgar man baby? Babs 666 Bush is just mad because Trump stopped a third Bush from ge into the White House. (Please clap). We are supposed to cheer for the corrupt neo cons, war profiteering and the Koch Bros now?

by Anonymousreply 54July 1, 2017 2:25 PM

R54: But they are not the President of the United States - Trump is.

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2017 3:44 PM

[quote] We are supposed to cheer for the corrupt neo cons, war profiteering and the Koch Bros now?

Why cheer for them, when you can just cheer at their infighting?

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2017 6:31 PM

D.A. Butt

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2017 6:32 PM

R35, I second your sentiment on Jennifer Rubin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2017 7:06 PM

[quote] We are supposed to cheer for the corrupt neo cons, war profiteering and the Koch Bros now?

No. You can cheer over the unusual fact that so many Republican regulars find Trump to be too repulsive to support.

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2017 4:52 PM

There is no such thing as an anti-Trump Republican. If they support the GOP, they are still supporting Trump. They are enablers, in spite of what they say.

by Anonymousreply 60July 4, 2017 4:33 PM

R28 is as stupid and ridiculous as the man he voted for. How can people be so stupid?

by Anonymousreply 61July 4, 2017 4:41 PM

No one with morals could vote for Trump. He is more than likely the most corrupt president we have ever had. He is a criminal and will eventually go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 62July 4, 2017 4:43 PM

R9 Nixon was demonized at the time. He was never the sleazebag that some of the succeeding presidents had been. Nixon didn't get us out of Vietnam soon enough and that led to his unpopularity amongst Dems. The Dems did a nice job of making him look bad just like The Rethugs wrongly ripped Clinton for his activities.

by Anonymousreply 63July 4, 2017 4:47 PM

[quote] Many of the Republicans listed here who oppose Trump are not elected officials. Many are opinion writers. Some belong to think tanks.

The Republicans who have spoken out against Trump are mostly the "intellectual" Republicans with a brain (well ... as intellectual and brainy as you can get and be a Republican). They're the ones who understand that Trump is a clueless idiot. But they're not the ones in control. The Republican base doesn't care what the op-ed writers and think tank analysts have to say. The average Republican voter rejects all intellectuals and openly embraces stupidity. The average Republican voter these days is more interested in what Ted Nugent thinks than what George Will thinks.

by Anonymousreply 64July 4, 2017 5:16 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2017 5:37 PM

Don't forget the original Orange One, former Speaker of the House John Boehner.

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2017 6:07 PM

Evan McMullin. Technically independent now, thanks to Trump. I don't agree with his stance on most issues, but the guy is definitely one of the most sane and reasonable voices on the right.

John Kasich

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2017 6:15 PM

[quote]Don't forget the original Orange One, former Speaker of the House John Boehner.

According to the article above, Boehner supported Trump's candidacy.

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2017 6:43 PM

David Frum has always been a tool.

by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2017 6:47 PM

R69, the point is, even the tools on the Right are against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2017 6:52 PM

Max Boot, former McCain advisor.

by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2017 9:34 PM

^Max Boot was also a Romney foreign affairs advisor.

by Anonymousreply 72July 7, 2017 2:37 AM

Bill Kristol is a fucking neo-con who believes we should have boots on the ground in the entire Middle East, and was one of the architects of the Iraq War. Why does anyone give a fuck what he says? He's appalled by an obnoxious tweet, but will allow hundreds of thousands to die so that we can go "Nation Building". Most of these people are much worse ideologically than IL Duce.

by Anonymousreply 73July 7, 2017 5:45 AM

The Republicans who hate Trump are far more effective than the Dems who come off as whiny (Chuck Schumer). It'll be the GOP establishment that takes Trump out.

by Anonymousreply 74July 7, 2017 6:17 AM

David Frum's late mother was a legend in Canadian news broadcasting. She was an aggressive, smart and tenacious interviewer. She had a notorious clash with Margaret Thatcher. He's a lot like her, but not nearly as polished or clever.

by Anonymousreply 75July 7, 2017 10:17 AM

R74 is a lowlife, fucking creepshow republican who is now and has always been, a moron. She should just die.

by Anonymousreply 76July 7, 2017 10:32 AM

I'm glad Frum is speaking out about Trump, whatever his other faults -- but when he's on MSNBC, he always looks like he just woke up from a bender, unable to breath without keeping his mouth open. Is he unwell?

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2017 11:17 AM

* breath should be "breathe"

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2017 11:17 AM

Lowlife or not, I think R74 is right on point. The remarkable thing is that so many Republicans/Conservatives are anti-Trump. It doesn't make them grand. It just underscores how unacceptable Trump is, even to his own natural base.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2017 1:16 PM

They're only against him because he proudly displays the wolf underneath the sheep's clothing. They have subtly pandered to his rabid base FOR YEARS. Now they can't control the beast they have awoken, but don't think for a minute they aren't readying their sheep costumes again for the second he is off the stage. They stand for everything he stands for never forget that.

by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2017 1:24 PM

[quote]They have subtly pandered to his rabid base FOR YEARS.

subtly?

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2017 1:26 PM

R73 Yes! Same thing with John Mccain who Democrats keep praising for "putting country over party".

by Anonymousreply 82July 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Also both President Bushes.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Erik Erickson, editor of Red State, too.

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2017 4:01 PM

[quote] R80: They're only against him because he proudly displays the wolf underneath the sheep's clothing. They have subtly pandered to his rabid base FOR YEARS.

This may indeed be true. It's very sad that this is a human trait, especially for stupid people, apparently. But I seem to recall this being a theme in literature going back. "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!", and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2017 4:06 PM

The Democrats had just as much a hand in creating Trump as the Republicans. The reason why Trump won is because of the American perception that government doesn't do enough, which opened the door for an anti establishment candidate.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2017 4:30 PM

Not many are.

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2017 4:35 PM

That's flatly wrong, r86. Compare the first six months of Obama's first term to Trump's first six months. You cannot argue that Obama did as little as Trump as has done. Which party was the first one to insist on stonewalling the opposition President every step of the way? The Republicans. False equivalency bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2017 4:38 PM

R86, you really can't blame the Democrats for Trump. That's horseshit. Dems didn't contribute towards him, didn't rally for him, didn't vote for him. You're redefining the word "blame" until is doesn't really mean anything. Then we'll just need a new word to take the place of what "blame" used to mean.

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2017 6:15 PM

It's a perfectly nice word, "blame". Give it a good levin' alone.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2017 8:36 PM

The only thing Trump voters believe the gov't doesn't do enough of is keep out Muslims and keep down blacks/Latinos, who they think the gov't does too much to help.

The help they give whites, of course, is just right, because only they are 'deserving.'

Racists (or greedy money grabbers), to a man/woman, those nasty Repugs, who'd support an ax murderer if he tortured the poor and pampered the rich - and enforced the uber-judgmental parts of their idiot Christian religion (but lord knows not the compassionate parts).

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2017 5:10 AM

R91 You sound like you have a lot of growing up to do.

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2017 6:17 AM

Not as much as Trumpsters, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2017 12:41 PM

Tony Schwartz. He ghost-wrote the Art of the Deal for Trump. I don't know his political party, but he's unique in knowing a lot more about Donald than most people. He makes Trump seem to be completely unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2017 1:46 AM

" one has to have some respect for a Right-Winger who spoke-up and said the Emperor has no clothes."

In fact, one doesn't.

What, precisely, is respectable about homophobia, misogyny, jingoism, xenophobia, elitism and the host of other hateful positions taken by every Goddamned member of the GOP?

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2017 2:13 AM

Here's another one. I like the sound of this guy.

Billionaire GOP Donor Out Of Politics Calls Trump An Abortion Of A Human

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2017 2:39 AM

Remember, all the Repugs loathed Trump- many publicly- until they convinced him to hire Pence. Then they all got behind him (after plugging their noses).

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2017 2:58 AM

[quote] "one has to have some respect for a Right-Winger who spoke-up and said the Emperor has no clothes."

[quote] R95: In fact, one doesn't. What, precisely, is respectable about homophobia, misogyny, jingoism, xenophobia, elitism and the host of other hateful positions taken by every Goddamned member of the GOP?

Even people who naturally align with Trump have stuck their necks out and said they object. I think you either get it or you don't. I'm not going to explain it to you.

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2017 10:26 PM

Rick Wilson, Republican Strategist.

by Anonymousreply 99July 22, 2017 1:21 AM

Charlie Sykes

by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2017 1:40 AM

Congressman Chris Shays of Connecticut. He is advocating for the the removal of Trump due to incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2017 3:56 AM

I appreciate any Republican who hates Trump and will actually do jack shit about him.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2017 4:04 AM

Former Republican Senator urges removal of Trump from office due to incapacitation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2017 3:09 PM

Susan Del Percio was very critical of him tonight.

"Bizarre" "you'd have to sit down with a shrink" ...

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2017 1:44 AM

At the end of the day any Republican pundit from the past 25 years is a collaborator. Their rhetoric and manipulation of the base led us here. When they start reflecting on their party's history and taking responsibility for everything from the Southern Strategy to birtherism then they can get credit for being rational actors.

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2017 10:15 AM

Bret Stephens, commentator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 22, 2017 11:30 PM

I haven't read this Atlantic article from Nov 2016, but the title is obviously related:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 22, 2017 11:31 PM

Popular topic, apparently:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 22, 2017 11:32 PM

I bet some good money that Trump will not finish his first term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 23, 2017 12:03 AM

John Schindler, he is a security expert and former National Security Agency analyst and counterintelligence officer. A specialist in espionage and terrorism, he's also been a Navy officer and a War College professor. He's published four books and is on Twitter at @20committee.

by Anonymousreply 110October 8, 2017 5:48 PM

Sen. Bob Corker.

by Anonymousreply 111October 8, 2017 5:56 PM

R8 Nicolle Wallace (with two LL in Nicolle) is still a loyal Bush Republican, which was abhorrent ten years ago, but looks insignificant now in the age of the deplorables. I grew to like her somewhat when she was briefly on The View. She may be wrong in her politics, but she's not a complete asshole like all these Trump supporters on TV are these days.

by Anonymousreply 112October 8, 2017 5:57 PM

I don't admire any of them, even if they are anti-Trump. They represent a self centered mind block on progress if they make any sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 113October 8, 2017 6:41 PM

Senator Jeff Flake denounced Trump today.

by Anonymousreply 114October 25, 2017 12:40 AM

Arnie

by Anonymousreply 115October 25, 2017 1:04 AM

Jeff Flake's senate speech

'Mr. President, I rise today to say: Enough'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 25, 2017 1:09 AM

H. W.

He voted for Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 117October 25, 2017 1:11 AM

Gordon Humphrey, former two-term Republican Senator from New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 118October 25, 2017 5:29 PM

R112, I’ve taken a liking to Nicolle Wallace’s MSNBC show. I wouldn't think she was a Republican or conservative based on her daily show, though I did see “Game Change” and therefore know she is.

by Anonymousreply 119October 25, 2017 5:33 PM

All of the GOP talking heads that are former politicians are useless. Unless they get off their asses and go AFTER THE Politicins that do absolutely nothing. Lindsay Graham should be consigned to an S&M dungeon and out of the capital once and for all. USELESS ASSHOLE, should put himself to good use.

by Anonymousreply 120October 26, 2017 3:57 PM

The one good thing about Trump he isn't a NeoCon. However, when you see what an isolationist agenda looks like you sort of understand the US policing the world for mostly good intentions. When you see bad actors like NK and Russia and China gladly filling our void.

I mean, I know we blew up the Middle East and will pay for it for generations but that was part of the NeoCon agenda, which is taking policing to the extreme of intervention and bending to democracy in countries that are no where near ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2017 4:15 PM

Nicolle's show is pretty awesome. It's basically an hour of hammering Trump. I love it. She rarely gets political from what I have seen.

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2017 4:17 PM

Apparently they all love him - gave him “a standing O!” at their repugnant lunch yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 123October 26, 2017 4:24 PM

Someone should tell Trump that 'a standing O' is the stance the doctor requires before he checks your prostate.

by Anonymousreply 124October 26, 2017 4:57 PM

There’s this guy, Kurt Bardella. He’s a former Britebart News spokeshuman. I suppose we should welcome converts.

[quote] Kurt Bardella is a former spokesperson for Reps. Brian Bilbray, R-Calif., Darrell Issa, R-Calif., Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and Breitbart News. Follow him on Twitter: @kurtbardella

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2018 7:09 PM

I love when Jennifer Rubin is on Joy Reid’s show. Those two are like the perfect tag-team against Republican B.S.

by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2018 7:18 PM

[quote] Republicans Who are Anti-Trump

Pretty much any neo-con. The sorts who were datalounge's public enemy number one.

by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2018 7:18 PM

I don't understand why DL would be happy about a Repug who doesn't like Trump. They don't oppose him because they think he is a boorish, infantile idiot; they oppose him because he won't swing to their particular conservative ideologies. In other words, they want someone like a Pence or a Ryan, either of whom would be ten times worse that Trump when it comes to war mongering and biblical shit.

Find me a Repug who dislikes Trump strictly because they think he is not up to the job and I'll reconsider. Nicole Wallace and Steve Smith come the closest of anyone connected to the RNC.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2018 9:17 PM

Julie Nixon Eisenhower supported Obama in 2008, so she is most likely against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2018 9:33 PM

[quote] R128: I don't understand why DL would be happy about a Repug who doesn't like Trump.

It suggests that such Repubs, despite having opposing views to mine, do have some standards. Maybe they have integrity after all. It’s inspiring. Normally, if they were just toadies, they would suck up to Trump, the way the Cabinet periodically does. See, there are people who will not lower themselves to the level that the Cabinet does.

I just heard Steve Schmidt on Nicole Wallace’s show talk about Trump being “...manifestly unsuited to be President. Morally, intellectually...”. It doesn’t mean too, too, much that Keith Olbermann opposes Trump, but when his natural allies oppose him, it means something.

It doesn’t mean I agree with them on their politics, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2018 9:45 PM

Okay R130, but my point is that it matters WHY a Republican leader/advocate opposes Trump. If it is because he feels Trump is not as focused on defense and armory as he should be, that would not sit well with me(that's just an example of what I mean, not an actual thing.)

Or if someone thinks Trump is not tough enough on pro-life issues, that would not be a plus with any of us. It would have to be a Repug who thinks Trump is an unqualified creep. And I haven't come across one of those yet.

as I said, Wallace, Smith and Scarborough come the closest

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2018 10:23 PM

It also matters what they do about it. Senator Flake from Arizona is a classic example. Yes, he doesn't like Trump and he's said so, but he's still an overwhelmingly reliable vote for whatever Trump wants. Show me that you're actively working to fix things, to take back the Republican Party, to join the Democrats in your vote against the latest outrage, then I'll take you seriously. Until then, you're just mouthing platitudes that don't mean shit.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2018 10:27 PM

So what if they are anti-Trump? They are still pro-the-rich-and-fuck-everybody-else. And pro-bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2018 11:49 PM

R133, I have explained ”so what” many times throughout the thread. Please look at least a few messages previous and don’t be so stupid. That’s as kind as I can be at this point.

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2018 12:13 AM

Only the sane ones.

by Anonymousreply 135February 14, 2018 1:21 AM

I have zero respect for any of them. So what if they hate Trump -- they still vote for or support his policies.

by Anonymousreply 136February 25, 2018 11:57 PM

R136, well, they could support Trump. But they do not. Why do you think they don’t? It’s against their self-interest. They have a putrid political belief system, but they are willing to publicly oppose Trump on principle. I believe conservatism is a mental illness based on fear and hatred. It’s an obomination. Yet still, I am pleased to see natural allies of Trump being strongly against him. Some may turn Democratic permanently. I think it’s only fair to forgive past mistakes. The prodigal son, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 137February 27, 2018 3:55 AM

Fox News’s Ralph Peters. He just quit, complaining about their propaganda for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 138March 20, 2018 9:23 PM

H W and Bar

by Anonymousreply 139March 20, 2018 10:06 PM

Mueller, McCabe & Comey.

Fatass McCain on the View claims she's not, but as many people have pointed out, and as OP points out, they all vote the same way and Conservatism at its root is a hatred and resistance to progress and change, but as society changes, all these people really stand for is cutting taxes for the super wealthy. So fuck 'em, they all stink.

by Anonymousreply 140March 20, 2018 11:10 PM

Jennifer Rubin, conservative columnist for The NY Times

by Anonymousreply 141April 17, 2018 12:55 AM

She's with the Washington Post, R141.

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2018 1:08 AM

She’s anti-Trump and anti-NY Times, is that what you’re telling me? On Lordy!

by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2018 1:20 AM

All the Bushes with the exception of the brown one.

Truth be told, Mrs. Bush is in the final weeks of life and no doubt Herbert Walker will succumb soon thereafter. Please, Lord, grant Donald the good sense not to attend her funeral.

by Anonymousreply 144April 17, 2018 1:24 AM

These mainstream republicans, formerly known as Never Trumpers, seems to be guiding his foreign and economic policy as of late. He needs to ditch them.

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2018 1:33 AM

I am not a huge Barbara Bush fan, but how tacky is it that when Trump finally does acknowledge her health problems, it is retweeting the RNC with no comment of his own

The RNC really seems to be working for him more so than the GOP as a whole. It is bizarre that they actually set up a webpage called lyingcomey. It will be harder for them to distance themselves for him and say he was not the core of the parties if things ever do go completely south..

by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2018 1:38 AM

Is S.E. Cupp anti-Trump?

by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2018 1:48 AM

R147: She’s not on the list yet, so 8-ball says “ask again later”.

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2018 1:51 AM

The problem with this exercise is that many of them do not hate Trump on moral grounds, but because he is not sufficiently conservative for them.

So there are good reasons to hate Trump, but there are bad-cray-cray reasons as well.

by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2018 2:26 AM

Michelle Bernard. She started out as a talking head on MSNBC as a rebel - a Black, female Republican on that station. But she was apparently too repulsed by Trump to stick with it. She’s now anti-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 150May 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Weird that he’s still blaming Obama, as of now!

by Anonymousreply 151May 20, 2018 6:43 PM

Bill Kristol again has a tart retort for Trump:

‘In America, a president can order that a thing be done if he’s executing a law or acting within his discretion. And a president can urge or request something be done. But an American president doesn’t “demand” a thing be done. Demands are the way of autocrats, thugs and children.’

by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2018 1:41 AM

Rick Wilson, as mentioned earlier, but he has a good tweet today.

Here’s Wikipedia as to who he is:

[quote] Rick Wilson is a Republican political strategist and media consultant based in Florida who has produced televised political commercials for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACs, and corporations. [1] He has written in The Daily Beast, Politico, The New York Daily News, The Federalist, The Independent Journal Review, and Ricochet.[2][3]

[quote] Wilson became well known during the 2016 United States presidential election for his denunciations of Donald Trump and supporters of Trump.[4] Examples include asking Ann Coulter via Twitter if Trump "pays more for anal", and on MSNBC referring to Trump's alt-right supporters as "childless single men who masturbate to anime".[5]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2018 2:21 PM

Also Charlie Sykes. Wisconsin Republican.

It really seems that only nutjobs are pro-Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt (who will forever in my mind be Sarah Paulson and Woody Harrelson) are THE most brutal critics of Trump and the congressional GOP bar none.

by Anonymousreply 155June 18, 2018 6:35 PM

Bill Kristol:

“...It’s awful that US government officials are being put in a position of doing this (terrorizing asylum-seeking children and their parents); and that are doing it; and then they have to rationalize doing it; all utterly unnecessarily, by the President.

...I asked why did this happen, even? There’s no genuine border surge. Why suddenly?

...For the sake of the President’s self-image, his public relations, as he sees it, We’re doing something that is genuinely inhumane and asking our government officials to do something that’s genuine inhumane.”

Stephanie Ruhle:

“Creating a ridiculous conflict out of nothing...”

by Anonymousreply 156June 20, 2018 5:01 PM

Steve Schmidt, the famous Republican strategist for both Bush and McCain, just tweeted he is leaving the Republican party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 20, 2018 5:05 PM

Good for Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 158June 20, 2018 5:13 PM

Mike Murphy, former adviser to McCain, Jeb Bush, and Romney.

He called the current economic administration “Stupidnomics”. He’s remaining a Republican, but has nothing nice to say about Trump, seemingly.

by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2018 5:07 PM

Those whores Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz hate the guy and openly opposed everything about Trump before the nomination.

Now they're loyal, little Nazis.

SUCH WHORES, ALL THE G.O.P.

Remember when John McCain whored himself out to the inferior George W. Bush? They hate each other. What a Maverick, little hooker!

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2018 10:11 PM

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz may be lapdogs now. I think they will turn on Trump if they think that he cannot retaliate, and if Trump is so discredited that his groupies are no longer a threat.

by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2018 10:18 PM

William Joseph Walsh (born December 27, 1961), is an American conservative talk radio host and former congressman. He served one term in the United States House of Representatives for Illinois' 8th congressional district.

He “came out” as a never-Trumper on 7/16/18 as a result of the mental press conference Trump gave in Helsinki this day. Walsh was a Tea Party/Freedom Caucus member when in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 162July 16, 2018 8:13 PM

There is NO EXCUSE not to have seen this and declared yourself two years ago. Still, better late than never. Welcome to the American Patriot movement.

by Anonymousreply 163July 16, 2018 8:15 PM

Will Hurd, a black GOP Rep in a Dem district in Texas, is ex-CIA. He attacked Trump brutally today.

by Anonymousreply 164July 16, 2018 8:37 PM

Max Boot, conservative WaPo Columnist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote]Bill Chrystal

Bill Kristol?

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2018 3:17 PM

Billy Crystal?

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2018 6:47 PM

Who cares? They don't own up to their role in helping bring Trump to power and when he is gone they'll go back to spewing and promoting the same shit that led to him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2018 7:22 PM

Nobody, but nobody rips Trump and his Congressional minions to shreds like Nicolle Wallace. Her show keeps me sane.

by Anonymousreply 169July 22, 2018 8:42 PM

Rick Wilson, who's done some scorching writing for the Daily Beast (example below).

Incidentally, the first person I heard refer to Donald as Cheeto Jesus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 22, 2018 10:52 PM

Steve Schmidt is pretty good, too, R16. His vocabulary is inspirational. He’s smart. And he hates what Trump is doing to the Presidency and country.

by Anonymousreply 171July 22, 2018 11:18 PM

After Nixon resigned, no one claimed to have voted for him in the 1972 election. Funny, how that fallen are quickly abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 172July 22, 2018 11:20 PM

Steve Schmidt gave us Bush II, Schwarzenegger and McCain/Palin. There is a direct line from the to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 173July 22, 2018 11:24 PM

^ from there to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 174July 22, 2018 11:27 PM

Schmidt calls Trump the Dimestore Mussolini. Love that.

Trump is a direct line from George Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 175July 22, 2018 11:52 PM

Oh, just stop with the accusations. I know there is some truth there, but it’s irrelevant to this topic. This topic is about REVELATION. About living and learning. About Redemption. If you listen to Bill Krystal or George Will exercise their considerable brain power so as to eviscerate Trump, it’s refreshing. The brightest minds on the Right are repulsed by Trump, and that really says something.

by Anonymousreply 176July 23, 2018 12:10 AM

Omarosa

by Anonymousreply 177August 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Ike and I loathe Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 178August 11, 2018 5:40 PM

Nothing to admire about anyone of them. They let it happen. Democrats aren't much better. Nor are our mindless consumers.

In short, it had to happen to America sometime.

And like with alcoholics it's gonna get MUCH worse and things will REALKY hit rock bottom before there is a turnaround.

by Anonymousreply 179August 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Senator John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 180August 24, 2018 8:23 PM

The only Republicans who speak out against Cheetolini are not in Congress. Jennifer Rubin who has a column in The Washington Post appears on MSNBC a lot and is an ex-Republican never Trumper. She is funny as hell and extremely articulate. She has a law degree but am not sure if she practiced. She and Steve Schmidt are incredibly good at eviscerating the T crowd. Schmidt is officially an Independent (and officiially not an R for the last couple of months) and excoriates the Rethugs in stentorian tones that I have to say are thrilling, even though he used to be a Rethug campaign consultant. I also like Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC--another articulate woman (former GWB spokesperson). Rachel Maddow even seems to like Nicolle (who has been on her show a couple of times).

by Anonymousreply 181August 24, 2018 8:36 PM

“Anonymous” contributors to Woodward’s book, 9/5/18.

by Anonymousreply 182September 6, 2018 3:30 AM

Cheri Jacobi

by Anonymousreply 183October 2, 2018 10:36 PM

Jennifer Rubin owns this thread. I think she's becoming more liberal as she ages. She's not just against Trump but has come out against a lot of conservative causes since the rise of Trumpism.

by Anonymousreply 184October 2, 2018 10:47 PM

R184, it’s a common phenomenon. Co-owners include George Will, David From, Steve Schmidt, and Nicole Wallace; simply because they are so articulate and prominent.

by Anonymousreply 185October 3, 2018 1:44 AM

I was bummed when I saw there was a Wikipedia page for this very topic. It doesn’t stop me from adding people when I come across them, as I did with R183 tonight.

by Anonymousreply 186October 3, 2018 1:46 AM

Jennifer Rubin (whom I like)

S. E. Cupp (sorry)

by Anonymousreply 187October 3, 2018 3:11 AM

S. E. Cup finally saw the light? ‘Bout time!

by Anonymousreply 188October 3, 2018 3:33 AM

Me. Not famous, but the rise of the Tea Party & then Trump sure has a way of focusing the mind. I'm stridently anti-Trump & his water carrying minions, & contributing to Democratic candidates.

by Anonymousreply 189October 4, 2018 2:08 AM

Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 190October 5, 2018 2:12 AM

They know there’s gonna be a blue wave in november and are afraid they loose voters that’s all

by Anonymousreply 191October 5, 2018 8:41 AM

David Jolly, former Republican Congressman of Florida recently left the Republican Party.

Capt. “Sully” Sullenburger, the savior on the Hudson, just wrote an OpEd piece warning that this is a very troubling time and that people must turn out to vote Dems into office.

by Anonymousreply 192November 6, 2018 2:49 AM

Cram it, R176. There are NO Republicans, ex or otherwise, worth a shit since Rush Limbaugh took the helm, back in the '80s.

Stop whitewashing evil.

by Anonymousreply 193November 6, 2018 2:56 AM

Ohio Governor John Kasich.

by Anonymousreply 194November 6, 2018 3:25 AM

"but one has to have some respect for a Right-Winger who spoke-up and said the Emperor has no clothes. "

No. Who the fuck are you to tell us what we must do? I'm guessing some Breitbart piece of shit.

And so, not only do I have no problem putting you on ignore. I actually feel "compelled" to announce that I'm putting you on ignore. Just to let you know how worthless I think you are. It's usually not worth telling people how worthless they are. But somehow, I feel on the eve of the election it is only appropriate to remind you that are a piece of shit, just like the Republican party itself. Just to let people like you know, that no matter what happens tomorrow, we are a long way off from civil discourse when it comes to politics.

by Anonymousreply 195November 6, 2018 3:33 AM

R195, please do put me on ignore. I can’t imagine anyone caring how you, personally, judge anybody else here.

by Anonymousreply 196November 6, 2018 4:06 AM

[quote] “but one has to have some respect for a Right-Winger who spoke-up and said the Emperor has no clothes. "

Because this means that the Right-Winger has the integrity to admit that they were wrong, and are fallible. I believe in redemption.

Alternatively, Trump has stated that he has never, really, been wrong about anything, and therefore has never needed to ask God for forgiveness. The hubris of a very stupid man.

Trump seems incapable of learning anything from the mistakes he’s made but failed to admit to. He’s vindictive and confuses being loud with being strong. The weakest man I’ve ever seen in Public Office. On top of all that, he’s a lazy, self-pitying, dishonest, narcissist with a God complex and an alcohol problem.

by Anonymousreply 197November 6, 2018 4:41 AM

Mostly all of them with a brain who aren’t in office.

by Anonymousreply 198November 8, 2018 2:59 PM

The Republican Party is now the Party of Trump. If Trump shit on their wedding cake they would say that's the greatest thing he could possibly have done, and if you disagree you are literally a communist.

This is largely due to a certain evil Australian tabloid king and his US propaganda arm, which has been a little too successful. They are throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Democracy and institutions in America are under actual danger as a result. Some republicans realize this, but unless they want to commit career suicide they have to take that Fox News ride down the conveyor belt into the cesspool along with Trump and his ignoramus legion.

by Anonymousreply 199November 8, 2018 3:06 PM

The fact that Bill Kristol hates him is actually the only reason I can think of to admire Trump.

Kristol is the worst of the Neocons.

by Anonymousreply 200November 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Romney doesn’t stand for re-election as a Senator again for six years. That would be the end of Trump’s last term, worst case. Romney could stand up to Trump without risking his lifetime in the Senate. That goes for any newly elected Senator. Plus, I can’t see Trump living another six years. Even if he did, he’d be obviously senile by then.

Romney could also challenge Trump in 2020 for the Presidency,, if Trump runs again.

by Anonymousreply 201November 8, 2018 3:27 PM

R106 Bret stopped being a republican years ago

by Anonymousreply 202November 13, 2018 4:03 PM

Flake's gotta be sick. He pulled out because he wasn't rightwing enough for the GOP and a Dem gets elected.

by Anonymousreply 203November 13, 2018 10:47 PM

Flake seems happy to be getting out. He put out a very nice tweet congratulating Kyrsten Sinema.

Although it's worth pointing out that had Gabby Giffords not gotten shot, he might not have been elected in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 204November 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Why? Gabby was a Congresswoman not a Senator.

by Anonymousreply 205November 14, 2018 1:29 AM

[quote] Bill Chrystal

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 206November 14, 2018 1:39 AM

[quote]Why? Gabby was a Congresswoman not a Senator.

Because Jon Kyl had announced his retirement and she had decided to run for the seat. Unfortunately, just after the new Congress opened, she got shot. Flake ran against Richard Carmona, a former Surgeon General. Despite Carmona having little name recognition, Flake still didn't get 50% of the vote, even though the ultimate tally wasn't that close. Flake was himself in the House at that point.

Given someone better known to the electorate, a Flake/Giffords contest would have looked a lot more like the Sinema/McSally one.

by Anonymousreply 207November 14, 2018 1:53 AM

John Kasich, who got my respect when he refused to attend the Republican Convention being held in his home state. He pretty much gave Trump the middle finger there.

by Anonymousreply 208November 14, 2018 3:14 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 209January 30, 2019 8:53 PM

I hope Kasich primaries Trump. He's no liberal but at least he's sane and he could give Trump a really hard time.

by Anonymousreply 210January 30, 2019 9:04 PM

None of them are truly sane. They just look better in comparison to the current disaster.

by Anonymousreply 211January 30, 2019 9:10 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 212February 19, 2019 6:45 PM

I can’t believe Ms. Elise Jordan hasn’t been listed here yet. She is a former aide in the G. W. Bush White House & State Department. Just watch her reaction to the Trump presser (or whatever it’s called) about the Trade War with China he just started. The video clip here is about a minute and 20 seconds.

It played on 5/13/19 on “MSNBC Live with Katy Tur”. Trump ‘s presser starts about 37 minutes into the show, and ends about 51 minutes in. Elise Jordan’s comment starts about 54 minutes 10 seconds into the show. But I’ve just got her comment in the video here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 13, 2019 11:16 PM

GOP Rep. Justin Amash resigns from the Republican Party. He was previously the only Republican Congressman to call for Trump ‘s Impeachment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214July 4, 2019 10:36 PM

Former Texas judge Elsa Alcala.

by Anonymousreply 215July 18, 2019 1:02 AM

What happened to Steve Schmidt? ...he was everywhere and seems to have vanished in the last year or so...

by Anonymousreply 216July 18, 2019 1:52 AM

Steve Schmidt got a pod cast or similar, so he is doing that now.

by Anonymousreply 217August 1, 2019 10:25 PM

Former Washington State Senator Steve Litzow, from the 41st District. While campaigning for re-election in 2016, he was often asked if he supported Trump. Here's what he wrote on his FB page, May 4, 2016:

"This has been an interesting, and ultimately a disappointing presidential campaign season. I have repeatedly been asked if I support Donald Trump for President. I want to be clear - I do not support Donald Trump for President.

While I could point to his racist, misogynist and fascist comments, they don’t bear repeating.

At its core, the Trump candidacy has nothing to do with improving our country for the hundreds of millions of citizens with diverse thoughts, practices, ethnicity, religions and opinions.

The campaign is about inflating Donald Trump’s sense of self, using hate, fear and demagoguery to generate support to achieve his goal which in no way resembles leading a country.

A Trump presidency would be detrimental to our nation’s spirit, economy, safety, and world standing.

For those reasons, I remain #NeverTrump "

by Anonymousreply 218August 2, 2019 12:27 AM

The only worthwhile thing Trump has ever done is destroy the Republican Party by aligning them with overt racism, neo nazis, and xenophobia.

Anyone who supports the Republican Party at this point supports racism, homophobia, corruption, etc.

It’s so blatantly overt there is no excuse

by Anonymousreply 219August 2, 2019 3:39 AM

Former Representative Joe Walsh. He’s a Tea Partier. Who’d have thunk it?

He’s toying with the idea of running for President. I think that’s just for the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 220August 24, 2019 4:39 PM

David Jolly MSNBC pundit always says everyone should vote against the whole Republican party. Former Republican.

by Anonymousreply 221August 24, 2019 7:56 PM

I’m going to vote as many times as I can in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 222August 24, 2019 8:21 PM

Bill Weld.

by Anonymousreply 223August 24, 2019 8:55 PM

Following on R221, it’s really important to vote for the Dems in State elections, because the next collection of state legislators will be using the next census to gerrymander voting districts.

It could completely change the political environment in the US, because the Republicans are over represented right now.

by Anonymousreply 224August 25, 2019 4:44 PM

Historian Michael Beschloss. He just said on TV, as an aside, that he used to be a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 225November 23, 2019 9:26 PM

Republicans create PAC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 17, 2019 6:18 PM

Some Republicans (not enough) have left the Republican Party partly because the election of Trump has exposed the naked racism behind a lot of Republican politics and policies. It's one thing to think it might be happening and do nothing, another to have it thrust in your face and to be confronted with your own moral cowardice. I support all conversions, even if late in the game -partly because Republican defectors can bring some receipts to the game, and they know where some of the bodies are buried. St. Paul was the most ardent persecutor of Christians....until he became a Christian. However, I want to know that these Republicans who have left the party won't go flocking back to a SLIGHTLY more socially acceptable Republican candidate? Who would that be and who the party has been left unbesmirched by the events of the past several years?

by Anonymousreply 227December 17, 2019 6:31 PM

[quote]Historian Michael Beschloss. He just said on TV, as an aside, that he used to be a Republican.

I could have told you that. Condescending asshole.

by Anonymousreply 228December 17, 2019 6:34 PM

His adoration of George Bush Senior clued most of us into that fact. ^

by Anonymousreply 229December 17, 2019 6:42 PM

R226, should this be its own thread? It’s getting juicy:

NEW YORK (AP) — A small group of President Donald Trump’s fiercest conservative critics, including the husband of the president’s own chief adviser, is launching a super PAC designed to fight Trump’s reelection and punish congressional Republicans deemed his “enablers.”

The new organization, known as the Lincoln Project, represents a formal step forward for the so-called Never Trump movement, which has been limited largely to social media commentary and cable news attacks through the first three years of Trump’s presidency. Organizers report fundraising commitments exceeding $1 million to begin, although they hope to raise and spend much more to fund a months-long advertising campaign in a handful of 2020 battleground states to persuade disaffected Republican voters to break from Trump’s GOP.

The mission, as outlined in a website that launched Tuesday coinciding with a New York Times opinion piece, is simple: “Defeat President Trump and Trumpism at the ballot box.”

The group is led by a seven-person advisory council that features some of the GOP’s most vocal Trump critics. Most, but not all, have already left the Republican Party to protest Trump’s rise.

The principals include former John McCain adviser Steve Schmidt, former Ohio Gov. John Kasich adviser John Weaver, former New Hampshire GOP chair Jennifer Horn, veteran Republican operative Rick Wilson and George Conway, a conservative attorney and husband of Trump’s chief counselor Kellyanne Conway.

In an interview, George Conway said he encouraged the new super PAC to involve Anonymous, an unnamed Trump administration official who authored a recent book warning the public against Trump’s reelection. The rest of the group ultimately decided not to take Conway’s suggestion.

“I think the more the merrier,” George Conway told The Associated Press. “And I hope maybe he — he or she, I don’t know who Anonymous is — will come out someday and join the effort. Because everyone who believes as we do that Donald Trump is a cancer on the presidency and on the Constitution needs to help and join this effort.”

Asked about the super PAC, Kellyanne Conway acknowledged her husband’s involvement and said: “It’s kind of disappointing to see some of the people who are involved, but not surprising.”

by Anonymousreply 230December 17, 2019 7:59 PM

Defeat Trump and his supporters in Congress.

-George Will June 2, 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 2, 2020 2:58 PM

John Bolton.

That woman who was a Pence corona assistant who resigned about 9/10/20.

My brother, yay!

This is quite a long list.

by Anonymousreply 232September 18, 2020 10:47 PM

General Hayden

by Anonymousreply 233October 7, 2020 3:37 AM

I love this ad from The Lincoln Project:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234October 7, 2020 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!