Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30)

Continued Discussion.

And you get a sealed indictment... and you get a sealed indictment... and you and you and you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 23, 2018 5:39 PM

Link to previous thread for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2018 12:30 AM

Previous thread titles for reference:

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation (10/27/17)

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation, Part Two (10/28/17)

The Four Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 3 (10/31/17)

A Man For All Treasons: Mueller Investigation, Part 4 (11/5/17)

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Treason! The Mueller Investigation Part 5 (12/4/17)

Treason Is The Reason For The Season! The Mueller Investigation Part 6 (12/16/17)

Treason to Believe (The Mueller Investigation Part 7) (12/26/17)

I Love You For Sentimental Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 8) (1/3/18)

Give Me One Treason To Stay Here... (The Mueller Investigation Part 9) (1/15/18)

Treasons of Love (The Mueller Investigation Part 10) (1/24/18)

For Treasons Which Are Well Known To Them (The Mueller Investigation Part 11) (1/30/18)

Come on and Treason Down, Treason Down the Road (The Mueller Investigation Part 12) (2/6/18)

13 Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 13) (2/18/18)

By Treason of Insanity (The Mueller Investigation Part 14) (2/23/18)

The Edge of Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 15) (2/28/18)

A Treason to Live; A Treason to Die (The Mueller Investigation Part 16)…(3/10/18)

Treasons of the Heart (The Mueller Investigation Part 17) (3/17/18)

A Stormy Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 18) (3/21/18)

Lovin', Touchin', Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 19) (3/26/18)

Everything Happens for a Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 20) (4/4/18)

For All the Right Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 21) (4/11/18)

Treasons Change (The Mueller Investigation Part 22) (4/16/18)

Dangerous Tre'asons (The Mueller Investigation Part 23) (4/22/18)

Don't Stop (the) Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 24) (5/1/18)

Got This Treason in My Body (The Mueller Investigation Part 25) (5/7/18)

I'm Treason on a Jet Plane... (The Mueller Investigation Part 26) (5/14/18)

Treasonnaires' Disease (The Mueller Investigation Part 27) (5/21/18)

You've Lost That Lovin' Treason (The Mueller Investigation Part 28) (6/2/18)

Multiple Treasons Why (The Mueller Investigation Part 29) (6/9/18)

For Undisclosed Treasons (The Mueller Investigation Part 30)

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2018 12:31 AM

Part 30

This time for SURE !

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2018 12:32 AM

I love how worried the trolls get.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2018 12:33 AM

Just a little early to start this OP?

Although I like the title.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2018 12:36 AM

R5 new threads get started at about the same time.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2018 12:40 AM

Please, PLEASE, enough of these threads. I get that the OP thinks it's cute, but there's nothing laugh worthy about Trump and his growing dictatorship.

Plus, it's just getting old. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2018 12:47 AM

The twee-ness of these threads is why people are posting in new threads created as events develop. NOTHING insightful is getting posted in these monster threads anymore, they are just lame. And no, I'm not a Russian troll, for christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2018 12:51 AM

Oh look, Troll at R7 is worried... looks like these threads are doing exactly as they're supposed to.

Now go dive back in to your bowl of borscht, you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote]And no, I'm not a Russian troll, for christ's sake.

You protest too much.

Now clear your cookies again, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 12:52 AM

R7, these threads aren't jokes. They have intelligent discussion and some of the best links I've seen. If you don't like them you can scroll past them.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 12:52 AM

R11 anyone who has read these threads knows that it's been full of information and a great tool for keeping us sane and committed to fighting.

That's exactly why these trolls are complaining about them.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 12:54 AM

I love these threads. There are so many stories being either blared out or whispered in the corners, it's nice to see them all given equal weight and collected in one place. If the so-called "concern trolls" bored you, just ignore them.

Thank you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Part 30? ookay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2018 1:00 AM

R14 didn't you already say the same thing at R3? haha. You sound worried. Wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2018 1:02 AM

R14.. Benghazi.

Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2018 1:06 AM

R14 Awful pic of animal abuse. Cow is wagging her tail. Must be Don Jr.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2018 1:07 AM

R14 is worse than Hitler at a cattle farm.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2018 1:25 AM

The bot army is out in full force tonight.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2018 1:27 AM

I wish the Meghan Markle fraus would start one thread and corral their nonsense to just there.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2018 1:28 AM

Miss Lindsey still railing about HRC Emails. She just can't though, talk about DJT & Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2018 1:33 AM

I wonder if the mouth breathing Cohen ever did any "fix it" work for treason barbie -?

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2018 1:42 AM

R19 it excites me. Tells me something is about to drop. They've never failed me.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2018 1:50 AM

Can someone summarize the problem with Hillary’s emails? How many people died because of them? How much stolen money did Hillary walk away with? How did she make a cadre of close attendants use the emails to overthrow the government and seize or retain power?

I once worked with Dept. of Defense Secret material and had a Secret clearance. Fun fact: they classified the local restaurant’s lunch menu as DoD Secret.

Anything that was questionable, meaning things that were simply not understood, were marked Secret. It was easier to classify something than to make the effort to determine the proper classification, if any.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2018 1:50 AM

There was no problem, R24, other than that it was against protocol. It caused no harm and other administrations, candidates, Congressmen, governors, department heads, etc. have all done the same thing. In many of the rest of the cases, though, they used a commercial email product like AOL or gmail, which is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2018 1:52 AM

What the fuck are we talking about? I’m serious.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2018 1:53 AM

Raid your piggybanks, Dataloungers. Roger Stone needs your help!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2018 2:04 AM

If it were true, indictment against trump that would be beautiful, I can't bear to hope.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2018 2:28 AM

Roger Stone, the swinger, needs money? Why ain't he asking Putin?

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2018 2:58 AM

OP - I think the title thread is just okay. However, I LOVE your subtitle! "And you get a sealed indictment... and you get a sealed indictment... and you and you and you!"

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2018 3:05 AM

Wow. They really are going crazy with the border issue. What's to stop a Sicario type situation? They seem thirsty now for racism and harming minorities

Lindsay is tragic. Elderly closeted queen who is a racist - never, and I mean never, has he been a leader

Summer is going to be tough

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2018 3:08 AM

The ruskie trolls on at least one other Trump thread have been downright entertaining - totally outing themselves and telling us to admit that we (homosexuals) are repulsive and we "deep down" know this to be a fact. We are also directed to love the Trump administration and the Evangelical right because neither have yet to throw us into camps and/or kill us. These trolls have officially started to uncloak (not that we were ever fooled to begin with).

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2018 3:13 AM

And to think, it basically started as a joke. Trump was testing out slogans while campaigning. Practically impulsively, he shouted, "We're gonna build a wall, and Mexico is gonna pay for it!!" The crowd went nuts!

He didn't even mean it. He wasn't serious. He knew it was geographically impossible. The person who suggested the line was one of Steve Bannon's writers. NOW - look where we are!

Look at the fucking mess we're in!

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2018 3:14 AM

DJT: ...but Enrique, you have to agree to pay for the wall... you have to say it! I made this promise, and you’ll make me look bad if you don’t agree to this. You don’t have to mean it, just say it... I won’t hold you to it, just say it and we’ll forget it!

Enrique Peña Nieto : ¡No! Are you crazy? I’m not going to say that. We’re not going to pay for your stupid wall...

I would love to have been in the room when newly inaugurated President Trump made this call to the President of México, to beg him to say Mexico would pay for the trillion dollar, useless, ineffectual wall.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2018 3:31 AM

Streisand 2020

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Oh, dear. AG Sessions is in trouble now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2018 3:41 AM

Aren't they pissed because HRC's emails were never hacked... meaning, they couldn't hack into them? Meanwhile, the NSA itself was hacked.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2018 4:08 AM

I don’t know what Hillary did, but man am I angry about whatever it was. You just know she’s sleazy because she’s been investigated for 30 years and nothing illegal has ever been found. That just shows what an evil mastermind she must be!

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2018 4:14 AM

To be completely fair, in an alternate universe President Hillary Clinton would have been impeached months ago. Over past-due Wellesley library fines from 1967, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2018 4:16 AM

Despite some assholes bitching about these threads, imagine what a treasure trove of information we have collected. When this all becomes public, we can go back and check where weve been right, where we were wrong, how the media missed things or made stories out of irrelevant information. These threads are like a contemporaneous timeline.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2018 5:13 AM

R34 They should be playing that footage now on all the cable news shows to remind people how this whole shitshow started.

by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2018 5:18 AM

The OP is a virulent misogynist. So he has that in common with tRump.

Think about that when you contribute to these threads.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2018 5:21 AM

^^To add to my point. They still play the Access Hollywood tape ad nauseum to make points, as well as Trump's first stump speech when he called Mexican rapists. Who isn't sick to death of seeing those and never needs to see them again?

But the story about Trump speaking to the President of Mexico? Really, it should be on rotation right now. Over and over again. it would make Trump look like even more of an idiot on his current stance. (if that's possible).

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2018 5:22 AM

R42 There are actually two or three OP's, (the original one handed it off from what I recall), and one of them is a woman.

Personally, I appreciate all three!!

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2018 5:23 AM

R42 is a pathetic troll who pops into these threads each and every single time with the same accusation just to derail the thread.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2018 5:26 AM

R42 is a sensitive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2018 5:27 AM

Well, Trump certainly learned a [italic]strong [/italic] lesson in talking with the Mexican President.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2018 5:28 AM

R42 is a racist asshole who has said that Jews deserved what they got and calls gays f*ggots. R42 also said his idol was Stephen Miller.

Notice how it continues to clear its cookies.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2018 5:29 AM

Why hasn’t Donald declare war on Mexico? They are sending us their rapists, after all. Though some, I’m sure, are good people. But mostly their rapists and criminals.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2018 5:30 AM

^^He has to declare war on Canada first.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2018 5:35 AM

Mccabe takes the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination. Comey and Loretta Lynch hide from the investigation.

Fired FBI Director James Comey refused to appear before Congress on Monday to talk about his handling of the Clinton email investigation, and his fired deputy, Andrew McCabe, asserted his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination, Sen. Charles E. Grassley said.

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch also declined to show up for a major hearing where the Senate Judiciary Committee was looking into the inspector general’s report detailing major bungles in Mr. Comey’s handling of the Clinton investigation.

He said he had sought to compel the three to show up to testify, but Sen. Dianne Feinstein, California Democrat, blocked him. Under committee rules, the ranking Democrat must agree with the chairman in order to issue a subpoena.

During Monday’s hearing with the inspector general and current FBI Director Christopher Wray, Sen. Ted Cruz wanted to know who was lying.

“One or the other is not telling the truth. I don’t know which one,” he said.

Mr. Wray declined to answer, saying it would trample on an ongoing investigation — though he wouldn’t say what that investigation is.

(Former FBI director James Comey is under investigation for mishandling classified information, DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz revealed Monday. He is specifically under investigation for his handling of memos he wrote about interactions with President Trump while FBI director.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2018 5:36 AM

Considering the ramifications, Grassley should condemn Comey and McCabe and thus it'll be declared that the election WAS illegitimate, Trump is not our President, and Hilary Clinton should be instated.

(yeah, that's really gonna happen!)

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2018 5:41 AM

R51, the Washington Times?

You trolls really are desperate. Can't wait to see what's about to come out that has them so scared!

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2018 5:43 AM

What's wrong with The Washington Times? It's as reputable as the New York Post.

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2018 5:47 AM

There’s definitely something big coming due to troll overload. They’re doing the bumping-inane-threads thing again too.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2018 7:02 AM

R35 - they are so predictable! Yeah, we seemed to have identified a ton of their weaknesses, but I am really waiting to see what our anemic country is going to do about the big picture and a course of action to eliminate this corruption. This is Vietnam again - we had better take to the streets and try our best before democracy as we know it is over. (a probability)

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2018 7:09 AM

Laura Ingraham has likened the internment camps to “sunmer camp.” She should send her fucking kids there, then.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2018 8:36 AM

r54, no it is not.

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2018 9:11 AM

r54, OOps, and yes both are shitty.

r58 is a misprint. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2018 9:13 AM

W&w [r38]

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2018 10:32 AM

R37, That is exactly why, I believe, Hillary used her private emails. I think she knew, or very strongly suspected, that the Russians had hacked into the government server.

But she probably was constrained, possibly by Obama, from revealing this information. She tried, though, by calling Trump on national television "Putin's puppet."

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2018 10:34 AM

Yesterday there were talking heads saying how the interned children were given "showers, and food," never mind that the food is potato chips and other crappy items; never mind the big lie about "showers"---who was helping the littlest ones? Where were they putting their clothing, meanwhile? Showers in a Walmart?

Somebody, even in the midst of his "criticism," was trying to normalize this situation.

And WHERE ARE the GIRLS????

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2018 10:41 AM

The increased vigor of the trolls and the rising intensity of attacks and out right lies is telling me that while you might be right and something big is coming down, the other reason for all this increased activity in general, is that the internal polling may be showing Trump and his minions that the tearing of children away from their mothers is costing them a lot of support. I think the outrage is building and the tape of the little kids crying in particular has outraged way more people than they realized. And Steve Miller, the architect of this election year strategy is telling Trump to double down.

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2018 10:58 AM

August 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2018 10:58 AM

Happy Rosenberg Day!

Eventually Russian traitors get the chair.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2018 11:16 AM

[quote]What's wrong with The Washington Times? It's as reputable as the New York Post.

*blinks several times, laughs for 45 minutes straight*

Hoooo-WEE. Thank you for that laugh.

Anyways. The Moonie-owned Washington Times is "reputable" as alternate universe wingnut propaganda. The Post at least attempts to maintain a grip on reality.

So yeah, they're both "reputable" in their own ways.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2018 11:21 AM

r57 is right. Can you believe this ridiculous Ingraham cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2018 12:18 PM

The nazis have the Jews special "showers" at the special "summer camps" they had for them.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2018 12:45 PM

Ingraham also interviewed Jeff Sessions last night, who explained that the Justice Department's new zero-tolerance immigration policy could not be compared to the efforts of Nazi Germany because those concentration camps "were trying to keep Jews from leaving."

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2018 12:50 PM

Trump said he could stand on 5th Avenue and shoot bystanders down with an automatic weapon, and people would still 'love' him. I hate to think he was right about that, but the length his 'base' takes in defense on the indefensible, is apalling.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2018 1:17 PM

John Kelly’s status in the White House has changed in recent months, and he and the president are now seen as barely tolerating one another. According to four people close to Kelly, the former Marine general has largely yielded his role as the enforcer in the West Wing as his relationship with Trump has soured.

While Kelly himself once believed he stood between Trump and chaos, he has told at least one person close to him that he may as well let the president do what he wants, even if it leads to impeachment — at least this chapter of American history would come to a close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2018 1:18 PM

R61, yes, and people casually overlook some facts:

The State Department's servers were hacked. Hillary's was not.

As the former POTUS and First Lady, I am pretty sure that since Bill Clinton was still getting modified security briefings as all ex-presidents do, and since as a former POTUS he was still very much in touch with other world leaders discussing allll kinds of things related to consulting work he did, etc.etc.etc. the servers used by Mrs. Clinton and President Clinton was not your average server. it's not the one you have in your basement.

And finally, you want to talk about breaches in National Security? Lets talk about all the people using personal e-mails RIGHT FUCKING NOW in the Trump administration. Starting with President Shithole. I mean we could talk about the Bush administration but why go back that far, Right?

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2018 1:19 PM

The thing is in an election year, the GOP always gets traction from pounding on Hillary. It worked in 2016, why not now? The Republicans are very predictable. Demonize "Illegal immigrants" and crucify Hillary! That's their strategy. They offer nothing. Oh. Wait. Maybe how safe we are now that Trump met with Li'l Kim. WFT. But it's past time for the Dems to push back on the whole e-mail thing and they can do it with one arm tied behind their backs. They can make sure media starts covering the Trump lack of security. The very issues being raised with the FBI ought to be raised against Trump. In fact the FBI is real good at manipulating the Press. It's time they got their A Team on pushback, because what the GOP is doing to the Justice Department and the FBI is just wrong. I never in my life ever thought I would be sticking up for the FBI, but shit.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2018 1:24 PM

I want to take a minute and thank OP for being diligent and keeping these threads going. Appreciate it!

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2018 1:30 PM

Yes, me too, R74! Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2018 1:36 PM

^^Yep!! Same

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2018 1:42 PM

R42 tries that with each and every thread. Get a new hobby, Boris!

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2018 1:45 PM

I think we have to mentally prepare ourselves for the fact that Trump may not be indicted, but may very likely be named an "unindicted co-conspirator". The reason I suggest this is because there may be a great deal of reluctance to indict the sitting President . I hope this isn't the case, but I'm preparing for the worst.

I'd argue against that possibility by reminding myself that Mueller has been so thorough, and he has worked so diligently, and he has hired the very best possible people that I feel like they will have to come up with indictments. And they will have to indict Trump. Otherwise it will look like the FBI and the Special Prosecutor were intimidated by all the pressure they've received.

It is so obvious to the entire world that Trump was part of Putin's world wide conspiracy that Mueller would lose massive amounts of credibility if he didn't get a result. The main thing I worry about is Impeachment. because when you take a shot and you miss, like with not having the 67 votes in the Senate, and not convicting him, it gives Trump credibility.

So failing to impeach, along with the argument about not being able to indict a sitting President would come in to play. But I say yes you can indict a sitting President, and I hope Mueller will be strong enough to move on Trump and not be reticent.

On the other hand, I feel that he is not only guilty of obstruction, but that they can prove he is guilty of conspiracy to defraud the American people . They won't charge him with Treason which they should do. Because if he is charged with conspiring to defraud the American people in the 2016 election, then he has committed treason.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2018 1:50 PM

What the Republicans have is "World Peace" thanks to Trump. This morning on NBC's 'The Today Show,' the English foreign correspondent was cheerleading for Trump with the news of the North Korean leader and his wife arriving for an unscheduled visit in China. The correspondent was going on an on about how this is all due to Trump's negotiating skills. This is on NBC, not Fox.

It's hopeless. It's all fixed. It's hard to get through the day knowing that Trump is safe and never leaving.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2018 2:05 PM

Child prisonment is over-shadowing any BS peace news! Also, Cohen and Manafort's shit are going to bite Trump and his family in the ass big-time. Give it time, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2018 2:13 PM

With the polls showing President Trump's approval through the roof, it's very disheartening.

News programs are already moving on from the caged Mexican children and are now paying tribute to our Leader's peacemaking efforts and success.

I feel as sick as I did when Hillary lost.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2018 2:17 PM

I have found that day time TV news shows tend to skew more conservatively and the morning shows and the evening shows tend to lean more to reality

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Trump's approval rating is 45%, that's his high-point, but it's hardly through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2018 2:20 PM

The "both sides" racism, the caging of children, the collusion with Russia... nothing is sticking!

I need to look back at the last thread for the list of all of the things needed in order to move to Canada. I'm so scared.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2018 2:27 PM

R81 are you a gnome? Your roof is pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2018 2:29 PM

r81 is a classic example of a concern troll.

read it, study it and know it.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2018 2:35 PM

"Our Leader"? Next time, don't be so obvious troll.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2018 2:39 PM

R79 / R81 you sound like a concern troll.

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2018 2:54 PM

Which is funny R86 because apparently R81 has a history of screeching that others are concern trolls.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2018 2:55 PM

[quote] The reason I suggest this is because there may be a great deal of reluctance to indict the sitting President . I hope this isn't the case, but I'm preparing for the worst.

There is a first for everything. Let him go down in history for that (being the first sitting President to get dragged out of the White House in handcuffs).

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2018 2:56 PM

And people thought there would be no way the US would be stupid enough to elect a moron with no experience who called his base stupid, refused to release his tax returns, faked a health record, was a public racist and admitted sexual assaulter who was propped up by Russia...

First for everything indeed.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2018 3:04 PM

I'm glad that it's not on the front page right now. Let his team keep hammering away without the pressure of Trump screaming and the GOP sowing doubt.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Isn’t it illegal to falsify a medical report as Trump did?

One secret to Trump’s success is that he simply does things that we all know are immoral or illegal and leaves it up to others to challenge it with a lawsuit. And the challenges are rare. So, I hope Mueller similarly takes the initiative and indites Trump, and leaves it to him to challenge it in court.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2018 3:39 PM

“The (Trump’s) approval percentage has now stood at 45 percent for five consecutive weeks, and varied between 44 and 45 percent over the past ten weeks.”

It’s not through the roof. It’s the same cult members it’s been for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2018 3:43 PM

Well, R93, Jared Kushnir amended his financial disclosure forms, what 150 times, whenever he was caught not telling the truth? No repercussions there at all, so I'm guessing no, as long as Congress is in Republican hands nothing Trump does will be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2018 3:43 PM

Indict these corrupt characters and stop the pussy-footing around. Start with Junior and Jared.

Giving Trump time and opportunity to intimidate and undermine the investigation is happening. The FBI has already been put on the defensive.

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2018 3:46 PM

[quote]Indict these corrupt characters and stop the pussy-footing around. Start with Junior and Jared.

I say indict McConnell first. That would shock the hell out of ALL of them.

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2018 3:56 PM

And, R51, he is a compulsive liar. Nothing he says can or should be believed. He is completely untrustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2018 4:18 PM

R61: [R37], That is exactly why, I believe, Hillary used her private emails. I think she knew, or very strongly suspected, that the Russians had hacked into the government server.

I also suspect that she knows she’s, unfairly, a lightning rod for the Right and she wanted a modicum of personal space. I can’t fault her for that.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2018 4:23 PM

I'm tired of all this impotent, hand-wringing from U.S. Americans. And then we're told to "vote" when we know the votes are hacked.

If anyone was threatened by your free speech they wouldn't let you post on the internet.

We're just slaves.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2018 4:30 PM

[quote] If anyone was threatened by your free speech they wouldn't let you post on the internet.

That’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 101June 19, 2018 4:34 PM

Hopefully I won’t fumble this, but what I have to say is really important. Someone posts that they feel powerless—the response is that they’re a concern troll. Someone complains that Rump is destroying our democracy while no one does anything—the response is that they’re being negative and a concern troll. Someone posts that they’re terrified our country is slipping away. The response is that they’re a concern troll.

The implication is that they’re Russian bots trying to sow dissent. My opinion is that those who respond and alienate these people, and imp,y they’re Russian bots are the real Russian bots. Think about it. We all need to be on the same side—we hate Rump and want him out by any way possible.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2018 4:40 PM

I agree and I've been saying it all along. The concern troll troll to me is the one that's the troll trying to cause dissent. I've noticed that whenever that particular troll posts its accusations it usually has no history in any of these threads or the only posts it has is about complaining about those who rightfully feel burned out and worried that nothing will come of any of it.

I'm glad several of us are on the same page.

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2018 4:40 PM

It’s perfectly normal and human to worry about the Mueller investigation. I, personally, am emotionally vested in this and I am eager to see Trump taken out. I’m not a troll, I’m a person.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote]internal polling may be showing Trump and his minions that the tearing of children away from their mothers is costing them a lot of support. I think the outrage is building and the tape of the little kids crying in particular has outraged way more people than they realized.

Possibly this'll have the impact of that famous image of the little running napalmed girl in Vietnam. Astonishing that they didn't think this could have any negative impact.

But then: it's established that Trump cravenly admires 'tough guys' Putin and Kim. So he's signalling to them just how hard-core he can be.

It's a chilling new low. First ladies have led the way, it's to be hoped that others of influence speak out vigorously to build a consensus of revulsion: and apportion all due blame.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2018 4:43 PM

R100, and R101-104 seem to be repeat posts, possibly from the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2018 4:47 PM

I long for the day when a newsreader says something like this:

The President is speaking now, but we won’t switch to him as his constant lying means that his speeches are pointless unreliable propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2018 4:48 PM

I am just not seeing the motivation for Democrats to go to polls without a leader - look how many people sat out the last election. Democratic voters are very lazy

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2018 4:55 PM

I might be alone here but I see plenty of motivation. In fact, I wish we could do it today.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2018 4:59 PM

Infighting is fun:

Donald Trump Jr. and George P. Bush had formed an unlikely alliance despite their fathers, Donald Trump and Jeb Bush, loathing each other — with Don Jr. backing George P. in his re-election campaign for Texas land commissioner, and even planning to headline a New York fundraiser for him on June 25.

What we're hearing: Two sources close to Don Jr. tell Axios that he has decided to pull out of the fundraiser due to the Bush family’s opposition to his father. Most recently, Jeb Bush tweeted that “children shouldn’t be used as a negotiating tool” and that President Trump should end his “heartless policy” of family separation.

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2018 5:00 PM

Trump and the GOP have made a mockery of American democracy. He breaks rules left and right, and there is no one to stop him, instead you have a whole party helping him at every turn. This demonstrates the current system has no safeguard against a corrupt party playing tricks and hijacking the government, leading to a breakdown of rule of law. It also shows the mainstream press doesn't care as long as they are making money out of this mess. Even if we recover from this eventually, there is no guarantee all the loopholes in the system won't be exploited again.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2018 5:01 PM

R109: There is motivation. The more horrible shit Trump pulls without GOP stopping him, the more that 55% of the country is motivated to vote against them.

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2018 5:03 PM

I am so sick of these boomers. Trump is a Russian puppet, and they are all compromised. We have a crime lord doing foreign policy?

Why don't the Democrats educate the public this Summer about how they can take back the house? Nancy is almost 80 and not modern.

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2018 5:09 PM

Ok, I’ll be pummeled for this, but Mueller seems to be taking his sweet time. Meanwhile, the country is falling into criminal destruction territory. The 1% are getting richer, lies and corruption are rampant, Trump has allowed Russia to control him and the national policies , he is a fool to our allies.

Mueller, this investigation is not for your aggrandizement but to save the foundation of our country. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just effective to get rid of this ass clown and his crooked family and friends. Tick toc. Tick toc. Get a move on dude.

by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2018 5:10 PM

This has probably been covered in 853 replies from Parts 1 through Parts 30, but is there consensus opinion about why the GOP is not stopping him?

A. Lots of them are compromised, and they fear Russia too much to say anything?

B. They're confident gerrymandering, court decisions against voter rights, electronic voting machines, large contingent of apathetic non-voters ensure another victory in November?

I do know some DLers are vocal and motivated to vote in the midterms. I also have a very low opinion of most Americans because they chose not to see, or worse, saw and liked, what Democrat-voting DLers and I find repugnant and evil about the Dotard and his elected legislative enablers.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Tired of this shit. He's a traitor and if this guy cant get him impeached, we are toast. Post when he has the Orange Freak trapped with no way out.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2018 5:11 PM

If you're counting on Mueller to get us out of this mess, R114, we've already lost. The only sure solution is to vote in a Democratic Congress in 2018 and to vote Trump out in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2018 5:13 PM

The Democrats do Nothing to counter Rudy Ghouliani's attacks on Mueller. Neither GOP or Dems are doing squat. It's like both sides just can't move. No impassioned speeches denouncing the real and lasting damage Trump is doing. He is becoming just another Autocrat, kleptocrat. I am trying to stay optimistic but this just cannot go on. Steve Bannon and the Mercers were wanting to "blow everything up". And everybody is just sitting back letting it happen. The voters are ineffective especially if the Russians are already working to undermine and influence the midterm elections. I want to be optimistic but I'm worn down as I suspect many of us are with so much evidence of wrongdoing and criminal behavior and Manafort is still free. I know Mueller is being thorough and professional but I'm afraid it's going to be for nothing if things don't happen soon. Fuck Mueller still hasn't interviewed the Kushners or Don,, jr.

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2018 5:14 PM

Manafort is NOT still free.

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2018 5:17 PM

I believe that Mueller knows he has to have ironclad evidense. Once he does, and reveals it, the public will turn on Trump. Right now it’s too vague for the average person. After reams of evidence pile-up, his support will peal off. If only slightly, but enough.

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2018 5:18 PM

Always remember the Ukraine and how they solved this exact dilemma.

It’s the same players. The same strategy.

Eventually the citizens have to rise up.

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2018 5:18 PM

Mueller DID intrview Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2018 5:18 PM

*interview

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2018 5:19 PM

[quote] [R100], and [R101]-104 seem to be repeat posts, possibly from the previous thread.

As is everything else after 30 threads. Running in place may work up a sweat, but it doesn't move you forward.

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2018 5:36 PM

R121, wasn’t/isn’t a third of Ukraine occupied by the Russians, now?

After Trump is executed for treason, I hope the next President cyber-attacks Russia. Or bombs the buildings with those Russian trolls that are trying to disrupt our elections.

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2018 5:37 PM

Trump is President of his base. That base is approximately 33% unyielding, with another 10% to 12% being softer support. Stop fearing them, take them on.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2018 5:39 PM

I don't understand how we move forward if 33% of our population is deplorable who don't accept basic tenets of country like "all men are created equal" and separation of church and state.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2018 5:50 PM

Split the country up. I'm serious, fuck 'em. Admit the 'American Experiment' failed after giving it a good try and move on. No shame in so doing.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2018 5:54 PM

R58 I was being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2018 5:54 PM

American DLers, how do you talk to the 46% of American adults who didn't vote? Do you keep silent and hope that they don't work with or live with you? Do you wonder if they're okay with their inaction, if they don't feel just a teensy twinge of regret or guilt or shame? What does one say when an American adult confides "you know, I never registered to vote. And I'm just now wondering if maybe I should."

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2018 5:55 PM

Fuck the Putin troll at R128!

Split them up, Cal-exit, straight out of Vlad’s fascist playbook.

by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2018 5:56 PM

Also R66 I was being sarcastic. (but I think you figured that out?)

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2018 5:57 PM

I shake them, R138, just as I shame Trump supporters and BernieBros. They all elected Trump with the help of Putin.

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2018 5:57 PM

[quote] Split the country up. I'm serious, fuck 'em.

We're working on it thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2018 5:58 PM

R134

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2018 5:58 PM

R130 for me it's canvass at a local level. Whatever local candidate you support, be educated about how federal policies impact your local area.

S

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2018 6:00 PM

I'm not a fucking Putin troll, R131, I'm an American who is sick to death of sharing a country with a bunch of retrograde morons who are hell-bent on dragging us all back into the stone age, and if you had any sense you would be too. There's nothing sacred about having all 50 states, get the fuck over it.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2018 6:01 PM

Great threads OP(s). Good to see the underbelly flushed out and rear its head too. To bring about change we must know our people.

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2018 6:05 PM

I think Trump is a reverse reaction to President Obama. There will be a reverse reaction to Trump, and we must hope for the best.

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2018 6:06 PM

R139: Exactly. Trump is obviousy the revenge vote against the liberal black president

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2018 6:09 PM

obviously

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2018 6:09 PM

I believe that Mueller’s investigative approach inflicts maximum pressure on his targets until delivering an indictment. Targets of Mueller’s prior investigations have killed themselves because of the way Mueller operates against his targets. Imagine that, the prospect of Mueller investigating their criminal actions drives men to death rather than to the courtroom.

We don’t have to imagine the fear inflicted in the targets of this investigation, we see it on Twitter when the President accidentally reveals his true feelings, we see it on television when Rudy Giuliani puts up his laughably thin facade of honesty, and we see it in congressional committees when Republican members act and speak with naked partisan desperation.

Do not mistake this fact, Mueller is dead set on his targets and works methodically toward justice. He does not need nor seek quick wins or public approval. The report will speak for the investigation when it is delivered to DOJ and inevitably made public. I do not doubt that there will be evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors committed by Donald Trump.

Then the congressional bodies must vote to impeach and convict. Before then, we must vote ourselves. Remember, this — voting — is our role in preserving our Republic.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2018 6:11 PM

Voting is our " minimum role in preserving our Republic" and when the sanctity of the vote has been compromised "by any means necessary."

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote] There will be a reverse reaction to Trump, and we must hope for the best.

The pendulum swings back and forth. It has for years. I just don't think anyone though it would go this far right.

[quote]American DLers, how do you talk to the 46% of American adults who didn't vote?

What we're seeing now should be a lesson to those people what happens when they don't vote. Their inaction has never caused this kind of a ruckus. I'd also add that we don't know who those 46% of people who didn't vote would have voted for.

We should also consider that there are a few of that 46% that would have voted if they could but for whatever reason they could not. Poll centers moving to unreachable locations, intimidation tactics by workers/officers at centers, people who are registered but too old to travel alone, people who couldn't make it to a center after work since for some dumb reason we don't all get that day off, people who did vote but then found out their vote didn't count for whatever reason (happened to a friend of mine who got a card in the mail AFTER the election), there were quite a few reports of people who went to vote BUT were told for whatever reason they couldn't after they got there by someone who was clearly uninformed or knew they wouldn't vote for who they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2018 6:14 PM

Why do you think they repealed net neutrality ?......we just havent seen the effects yet.

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2018 6:15 PM

[quote]I am just not seeing the motivation for Democrats to go to polls without a leader

Then you're not reading the election news.

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2018 6:18 PM

Yeah, Obama was so loathed and ineffective that he soundly won re-election and left office with one of the highest approval ratings ever.

by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2018 6:20 PM

This morning, Trump Campaign Manager Brad Parscale called upon the president to fire the Attorney General:

Time to fire Sessions

End the Mueller investigation

You can’t obstruct something that was phony against you

The IG report gives @realDonaldTrump the truth to end it all.

by Anonymousreply 148June 19, 2018 6:26 PM

R106, 104 was my post from an earlier thread. I did not repost! Is someone doing this on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 149June 19, 2018 6:28 PM

Parscale....someone who is complicit and was an active participant with the Russian meddling.....hes believable.

by Anonymousreply 150June 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Yeah, R148, I think Trump will either start a foreign war to goose Republican election results, or he will fire various people such as Sessions, Mueller, and/or others to distract from an initial Mueller report.

If I understand correctly, Mueller will be issuing an initial report soon, such as about obstruction of justice; but will keep working on other, related charges about which he will issue a later report.

by Anonymousreply 151June 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Trump's approval rating keeps rising. Gallup has him at 45%

by Anonymousreply 152June 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Two words. Lagging indicator.

by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2018 6:35 PM

the subjects of those polls are roughly 1000 participants out of 300 million Americans....hardly reflective.

by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2018 6:35 PM

R144 Anyone who is registered to vote can cast a ballot prior to the election as either an "absentee" voter (one who doesn't "plan" to be in the city where they vote on Election Day - and they don't have to actually stay indoors with the curtains drawn on Election Day, either) or, in those states where they have "early voting" or some variation on it, by voting before the actual date of the election.

Sadly, not voting means that people don't value democracy enough to make the fairly minimal effort required.

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2018 6:36 PM

Trump’s approval rating has been steady at about 45% for at least 10 weeks. It’s not rising.

When I hear people lie like R152 has, it makes me thing things are even worse for Trump than is widely known. Otherwise, why lie?

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2018 6:36 PM

R151: There are 7 high indictments that would be unsealed immediately if Trump fires Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2018 6:37 PM

Can someone troll Brad Pascale on Twitter? I don't have an account

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2018 6:37 PM

R156: That poster has been running up and down the board and threads posting that....They are trying much too hard.

by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote]the subjects of those polls are roughly 1000 participants out of 300 million Americans....hardly reflective.

I wish more people really focused in on this. For some reason we take polls like the Gallup poll to be reflective of what all of America thinks when we really shouldn't.

Here is a great chart (scroll) that tells you what the sample size is for each poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2018 6:40 PM

Hmmmm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2018 6:41 PM

This border stunt is backfiring big time.

Even Mitch McConnel is backing out. After Cruz got out in front of him.

Poor Mitch. He’s not gonna make it in this new world.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2018 6:42 PM

McConnel and Cornyn gave a press briefing saying they are against separating children from their parents and will introduce legislation to stop it providing the dems are willing to participate......bullshit....its all spin...Dianne Feinstein has had a bill for over a week that every single democrat has signed on to and the GOP refuses to participate.

WHY IS NOBODY CALLING THESE ASSHOLES OUT FOR THEIR FALSE RHETORIC.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2018 6:43 PM

[quote] I believe that Mueller’s investigative approach inflicts maximum pressure on his targets until delivering an indictment.

That it does. Including the protection of murderers and the framing of innocent men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2018 6:45 PM

I see what they're doing. They've attached this 'fix' to a funding bill for the fucking wall. Kidnapping in the purest form by fuckers with a sick agenda.

Every damn one of them is the enemy. My neighbors, the boss, everyone who is a Rethuglican supports this, whether they voted or not.

I said they would pay. Breaking Dharma is serious business.

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2018 6:47 PM

[quote]“Impeccable credentials,” chimed in Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah. “Should be widely accepted.”

Uh, huh......................................gosh, what made him change his mind????

by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2018 6:53 PM

Well done misdirection, r164. That’s not at all what happened and not even what the biased article states.

by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2018 6:54 PM

There are multiple reasons many don't vote. I have an in-law that watches news excessively and argues politics all the time; but rarely votes.

So many people are ambivalent, unmotivated, not interested, not educated/informed, or see voting as a useless exercise. Personal contact by local candidates and volunteers helps some with the disinterested.

Turnout is critical for winning. Now is the time to get unregistered people registered; particularly with the 18 to 25 year olds.

In the state I am in, getting an absentee/mail-in ballot is unnecessarily bureaucratic, requiring a signature from another voter confirming one's address. And the computer based instructions require two mail-ins, one for applying for approval, then submitting the ballot, well in advance. (I had a leg injury at the time; couldn't drive or stand in line).

Yes, some places make voting more difficult than it should be.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2018 7:00 PM

The craziness continues:

An armed man blocked a highway near the Hoover Dam with an armored truck on Friday and demanded the release of the Justice Department's internal report on the Hillary Clinton email probe, which had already been released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2018 7:01 PM

I'm seeing how posting on this trump thread has fallen off, maybe even we are having a Trump fatigue. I'm almost at the point that if Mueller doesn't do something big soon, I'm going to just say " wake me when it's over". Nobody seems to be outraged enough to go after those creeps at the WH or in congress. Why should I care. I don't mean that but I am despairing that this is all for nothing. Esp after Pelosi- I mean what she said about impeachment not being likely.

by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2018 7:03 PM

170 posts in less than a day is "falling off"?

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2018 7:04 PM

I notice posting falling off the Mueller threads. Are we losing interest/hope/outrag? I know I am about at the point that I am unhealthily obsessed with someone stopping Trump. He's destroying so much that will take decades to begin to repair. And there seems to be no stopping him. I know that my attitude is far from alone. Sometimes on somethings like this, people just hit a wall where they have to stop back , for their own sanity. I believe that if Mueller doesn't produce something soon, who will care ? Trump and his allies continue their assault on our justice dept. and norms. And more and more people are buying into his propaganda. We are well past a crisis and now everything this swamp monster and associates are doing are being accepted as normal.

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2018 7:06 PM

There are people who are concerned and then there are Russian concern trolls. Both exist. R170, this thread has not fallen off; in fact it’s filling up more quickly than any previous thread.

Similarly, the asshole above who called for the dissolution of the 50 states is a Russian troll, not an “American” as he claims to be. In all my far left activist life in the U.S., I have never once heard someone who believes in democracy call for the dissolution of the fifty states and insist we should just “give up”. Fuck you, you cowardly piece of shrivelled masturbatory cum on Putin’s limp dick.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2018 7:07 PM

BORis at R170 / R172 is so fucking inefficient he is using copypasta. ASSHOLE.

by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2018 7:08 PM

[quote]I believe that if Mueller doesn't produce something soon, who will care ?

The non-defeatists who take the country back by voting Democratic in 2018 and 2020.

by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2018 7:09 PM

If this Mueller investigation goes on, quietly gathering evidence, much longer, and Trump Is accelerating his attack campaign(which is already paying off) I'm not sure what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2018 7:11 PM

Do the trolls not realize that we will not stop caring just because they tell us that “it’s all pointless”? Can I speak to your troll farm supervisor, please?

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2018 7:11 PM

R104 has already posted this, verbatim, in the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2018 7:12 PM

Where the fuck are the Dems? Why don't we have anyone speaking out and forcing the news to cover these issues and, thus, driving the White House to respond to them? Instead, we're just sitting back, hoping Mueller will take care of the problem and letting the GOP shit all over the entire country.

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2018 7:14 PM

R450 in Thread 29, more specifically.

Didn't even know vested was a word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Somebody contact Svetlana's supervisor and tell him she isn't even trying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2018 7:15 PM

Pardon me but I have had it with Mueller, I am watching my democracy burned to the ground while Mueller tries to perfect his case, we have no time for it. Putin is having his work done to destroy our democracy and Mueller is making sure his tTs are crossed.

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2018 7:16 PM

No, R177, etc., they haven't. For those who are experiencing fatigue, here's something to ponder:

Apparently no one with influence in the GOP ranks has considered all potential outcomes of this investigation. Those who defended and/or ignored Trump's blatant thievery, disregard for the law, divisive behavior, and destruction of international relations may have already contributed to generations of consequences for their party. When the pendulum swings back, fact-checkers, primary opponents and opposing parties will have timelines of every tweet, interview quote and soundbite at their disposal... just a few clicks away. Short-term thinking can create long-term consequences, especially in the social media era.

Thanks for not giving up, guys. The naysayers should dig a hole and wait for whomever they pray to.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2018 7:16 PM

R179, some are speaking out, but they don’t have cameras in their faces all the time unlike the orange turd. I agree that they ALL need to speak up. This is not the time to be calm and collected.

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2018 7:17 PM

There will probably be a blue wave come November but with Russian interference and constant lies and propaganda coming from Trump and his assholes...how can we be sure?

by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2018 7:17 PM

Sometimes we are reminded of how Mussolini ended up... Just something to daydream to.

by Anonymousreply 186June 19, 2018 7:23 PM

mash mash

by Anonymousreply 187June 19, 2018 7:23 PM

Trump's attacks on the investigation are only "paying off" with his supporters. The majority of Americans want the investigation to continue and do not want Mueller fired. That is a fuckng fact. And what is also a fact is people pleading guilty, and people being charged with crimes out of this investigation. I believe that obstruction charges and conspiracy charges are going to happen. And it will go as high up as we all hope it will. Trump is doing what any guilty person does. He is attacking the Prosecution team since he can't attack evidence. I lived through Watergate. Admittedly I was 15, but as I look back on it now, Nixon was worse in terms of trying to disrupt things. Difference being Nixon was underhanded and sneaky and we didn't know at first. But with Trump even when he is underhanded we find out. The thing I really have to laugh at is the incompetence and the stupidity of the Trump people. Who in their right mind with even a modicum of intelligence buys what they're peddling? I know Fox News viewers. Dumb and proud of it! Racists to the marrow of their bones. Fortunately they are small in number even though they are loud.

by Anonymousreply 188June 19, 2018 7:24 PM

R06, there seems to be someone who is reposting other’s posts, for some reason. Does it really matter?

by Anonymousreply 189June 19, 2018 7:28 PM

You live by the crowd, you die by the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2018 7:33 PM

R189, it matters if it disrupts ongoing discussions, which seems to be the goal.

by Anonymousreply 191June 19, 2018 7:33 PM

[quote]Nancy is almost 80 and not modern.

Thanks Troll-bot!

Do you not know that people don't speak like that, "not modern"? Are you done typing that multiple times here to earn your few rubles? Spend them on vodka to finish your sad self off!

by Anonymousreply 192June 19, 2018 7:37 PM

If Trump is impeached but is not ousted from Office this year, and the House flips to Democratic control, they can raise the same charges and vote to impeach again in January, right? I see nothing about double jeopardy applying to impeachment. I think the only impediment would be public opinion. If even more dirt comes out, it might happen.

by Anonymousreply 193June 19, 2018 7:39 PM

look, it's easy to get overwhelmed, frustrated and burnt out. That's normal and OK. Disengage, rest, take care of yourself and turn off the TV.

When you feel better and rested, jump back in. We will still be here, fighting. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon and some of you bitches need to pace yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 194June 19, 2018 7:40 PM

So the new troll tactic is to just copy and paste previous posts? Jesus, Borscht eaters really are lazy!

But at least all this effort and panic lets us know something's about to come out that they want to distract us from.

by Anonymousreply 195June 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Nah, R181, why train Russian trolls to be “better”?

I have to snicker at the “true American” calling for the dissolution of the union. Their misunderstanding of the American psyche is so vast that the Russian propagandists do not understand that the true far left votes (further: voted for Clinton), and would be willing to give their own lives to preserve a democratic union.

Disliking populism, I have never been one to say the pledge, even in high school, but you better fucking believe that I have allegiance to the republic and the constitution. I had ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War against the British, and I had ancestors who fought on both sides of the Civil War, and for that matter I have Native American ancestors, New France ancestors and British ancestors who fought on all “three” sides in the French and Indian War.

You better fucking believe I will myself, a hard-left social democrat who saw through Bernie’s half-assedness as the Russian propaganda it was, will resist to defend my nation against hostile foreign invaders and traitors such as Trump.

We are a racist country, but we reject Trump’s poisonous racism. We are a sexist country, but we reject Trump’s festering sexism. We are a homophobic country, but we reject Trump’s sick-making homophobia. This is because we aspire to the ideals of the Constitution - a democracy - and we will fucking fight and we will never stop fucking fighting to make it live up to those ideals.

To those fascist-enablers who whisper that we should give up on the “American experiment” and now our heads to Trump and Putin, you truly know very little of Americans.

In the words of a famous lesbian who wrote the lyrics for America the Beautiful: “America, America, God mend thine every flaw./Confirm thy soul / in self-control / thy liberty and law.”

We resist. We protect. We defend.

by Anonymousreply 196June 19, 2018 7:42 PM

Yep, R195

by Anonymousreply 197June 19, 2018 7:42 PM

I love that song, R196. And I'm a lesbian from romantic Europe.

by Anonymousreply 198June 19, 2018 7:44 PM

P.S. R196 is from me, the retired OP of the first 3-4 “Treason” threads. Yes, I am female. AND I strongly appreciate the current OP who keeps the torch alight.

by Anonymousreply 199June 19, 2018 7:44 PM

An hour ago, it was revealed that Rudy Giuliani was interviewed by the FBI about his involvement in the anti-Clinton leaks. Apparently,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 19, 2018 7:45 PM

If the Mueller Investigation turns up nothing on Trump personally in the end what will the fallout be? Will his poll numbers go through the roof? Will he truly become untouchable? What then? I shudder to think.

by Anonymousreply 201June 19, 2018 7:46 PM

R188, damn straight. People have been jailed, lies have come to light and it's a matter of time before they all go down. I have faith in a system that's worked hard to keep up with the corrupt and has been doing ok. We did get our Watergate, our Iran-Contra. Were they justice?

Meanwhile, This dictator we call a leader has essentially granted the weaseley Kushner the right to top secret clearance he has lied over 135 times attempting to get, brazenly enriching himself and his family by continuing to allow secret, corporate meetings and payouts (holding fucking court, ffs), and more. I'm tired, I'm sick, but damned if I'm not MORE angry and angrier by the day. Where's my damn pitchfork already? We should be burning this shit to the ground.

by Anonymousreply 202June 19, 2018 7:46 PM

Thank you for these Threads, OPs.

by Anonymousreply 203June 19, 2018 7:46 PM

A twitter thread by Seth Abramson that places the news at r200 into context:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 19, 2018 7:47 PM

[Quote] So the new troll tactic is to just copy and paste previous posts? Jesus, Borscht eaters really are lazy! But at least all this effort and panic lets us know something's about to come out that they want to distract us from.

Or... maybe there's another reason.

by Anonymousreply 205June 19, 2018 7:48 PM

R201 is shuddering. Get off the battlefield, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 206June 19, 2018 7:50 PM

You’re welcome, R198. I currently live in romantic Europe now myself though of course my whole family lives stateside and every day this news tears my heart apart for my country. I will be at the American embassy screaming with a placard the day Trump fires Rosenstein or Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 207June 19, 2018 7:50 PM

from sea to shining sea...

by Anonymousreply 208June 19, 2018 7:51 PM

ANYONE who believes by now that the fucking POS in chief isn't personally involved in ALL this shit is a troll. Sorry for interacting with it.

by Anonymousreply 209June 19, 2018 7:52 PM

I used to watch Rachel Maddow every single day. She told the story of Russiagate like a mystery novel. Like the smoking gun was just around the corner. And I waited. The next day. And the next day. Until he's been President for over a year, and I'm just tired of waiting. Her shows now all sound redundant. If I had a drink for every time that she DEUTSCHE BANK!!

I hate Trump. I actually liked and wanted Hillary. I feel like aside from the tax plan, and the Gorsuch seat, he actually hasn't done much substantially as President. He has said vile things and caused lots of bluster, but life isn't really too different. I'm just desensitized to the scandals that are no longer scandals because we are so used to them.

I don't think they are going to find anything. He's like the Buchanan's from Great Gatsby. They are awful and commits crimes but get away with everything in the end, because the moral is some people are just like that. He stands a strong chance of winning re-election. He hasn't tanked the economy, and aside from the culture he has created, we can't point to a signature awful achievement he has done in policy, like Bushing doing the Iraq War. And Bush won in 2004.

SNL said the same thing too in that cold open. He should be easy to beat but isn't.

by Anonymousreply 210June 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Thread title for when the Idiot is finally out of office:

Treasons to be Cheerful, 1, 2, 3

by Anonymousreply 211June 19, 2018 7:52 PM

[quote] Anyone who is registered to vote can cast a ballot prior to the election as either an "absentee" voter (one who doesn't "plan" to be in the city where they vote on Election Day

R155, the person I was referring to WAS an absentee voter. That's why that person got a card in the mail saying their vote didn't count because he voted by absentee. There were a few people who had that problem and a couple of articles written on it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 212June 19, 2018 7:53 PM

R212, that should have made him scream in protest and get motivated.

by Anonymousreply 213June 19, 2018 7:55 PM

Holy f*, R207! Welcome to this land, I hope you didn't *have* to leave???

Anyway... this is a global attack on democracy and human rights, is what it is. Coupled with the ultra-rich looting all the resources, as they've always done, but even worse now.

by Anonymousreply 214June 19, 2018 7:55 PM

Try a little harder, R210.

by Anonymousreply 215June 19, 2018 8:01 PM

Any chatter on Rosenstein being fired on Friday?

by Anonymousreply 216June 19, 2018 8:05 PM

I love how R210 is conveniently ignoring the fact that a HACKED election is impossible to beat.

Technically I initially did have to leave, R214, as I fought a same-sex immigration with my then-partner (I was the foreign American partner). The European country in which I lived finally changed the law, and eventually so did the U.S. but until that point I had to live abroad as for the fifteen years I was with my partner there were no same-sex immigration rights in the U.S., so I was not allowed to sponsor her to live back home. Silver lining is that I have dual nationality now.

by Anonymousreply 217June 19, 2018 8:10 PM

That always should have been our national anthem. The beauty of the land and hope, not bombs bursting in air and the rockets’ red glare.

by Anonymousreply 218June 19, 2018 8:16 PM

Wow... the space that is allowed and the lives we live in that space. Anyway, silver lining, yes.

The other silver lining of this shit show is that it is forcing people to show their true colours. Still, it is a shit show. Thanks for posting and for keeping these threads alive. I kept seeing them but it wasn't until they got repeatedly mentioned in the recent "what's good about DL" thread or something like that that I realised maybe it would be a very good idea to check them out.

by Anonymousreply 219June 19, 2018 8:18 PM

Completely agree R218. It is a beautiful anthem. I heard it for the first time in 1992 (I was 14) in the movie Pollyanna. I don't care how corny it sounds, I fell in love instantly. Just love that song. And I love to sing, too, it's very uplifting. And I'm not even American, but it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 220June 19, 2018 8:21 PM

I love the National Anthem. It brings tears to my eyes. It’s about a military battle that could make or break the country’s independence, and the bravery and perseverance of the American men at the fort under siege.

by Anonymousreply 221June 19, 2018 8:35 PM

Sorry for derailing the thread, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 222June 19, 2018 8:38 PM

CNN: FBI agent Peter Strzok was escorted from the FBI building Friday as part of the ongoing internal proceedings at the bureau on his conduct, according to a source familiar with the matter.

As of Tuesday, the source says, Strzok is still an FBI employee.

by Anonymousreply 223June 19, 2018 8:40 PM

CNN reports that Michael Cohen is hiring a “powerhouse” criminal attorney. Pundits are speculating it means Cohen wants to make a deal.

by Anonymousreply 224June 19, 2018 8:45 PM

We will be able to tell from the results....and if they interfere, there will be mass marches.

by Anonymousreply 225June 19, 2018 8:47 PM

R216, no, but, at this rate, it's not clear that there will be a Friday.

by Anonymousreply 226June 19, 2018 8:47 PM

Are these the same "pundits" who assured you Cohen had already flipped?

Any attorney can make a deal. A “powerhouse” criminal attorney fights. Peter Strzok should look into that too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 19, 2018 8:49 PM

What is the obsession with Peter Strozk? That would be like me texting "I hate my boss, I'll get him". Chatter between co-workers is just that. Stupid bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2018 8:55 PM

r224.....i take that differently.....Im reading it as he is going to fight any and all charges.....the lawyer hired specializes in money laundering, and fraud and congressional and special investigations.....and he used to head the criminal division of the SDNY, .....if he was looking to make a deal he would have hired someone who specializes in that.

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2018 8:55 PM

I think this house of cards is starting to shake.

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2018 8:55 PM

Exactly. Everybody trashes the boss. Big whoop.

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2018 8:56 PM

Where are the girls?

by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2018 8:56 PM

From your mouth to the gods’ ears, R230.

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2018 8:56 PM

[quote]Chatter between co-workers is just that. Stupid bullshit.

And this wasn't just a co-worker, it was the woman he was sleeping with. Typical macho chest-beating bs to impress the lady.

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2018 9:00 PM

R229, it's also true that if you want to settle on the most favorable terms, you have to LOOK as though you are willing to the bitter end.

And where is Cohen getting the scratch for this new attorney?

by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2018 9:04 PM

From Zeke Miller: News: White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations Joe Hagin, who ran West Wing preparations for last week's Singapore summit, is leaving the White House. Trump says: "We will miss him in the office and even more on the road." His last day is expected to be July 6.

I wonder if it's because he has ties to the NXIVM sex cult?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2018 9:09 PM

Kelly Conartist loosing her shit was the tell tale for me. It was a rare peek into the truth.

They almost got away with this. If it weren’t for sessions.

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2018 9:12 PM

Listen. I've said it a dozen times and I'll say it again. We don't need a Mueller investigation to impeach Trump. He has done plenty of impeachable offenses without a Special Prosecutor. Right now this disgusting policy which he could stop with a phone call, of separating parents from their children and prosecuting the parents for fucking misdemeanor! it is a violation of human rights. It is a despicable act and something he can be impeached for. Holding children hostages so he can get the funding for his wall. He is also threatening to shut down the government in September if Congress doesn't give him the entire amount of money...they only allocated $1.6 billion...which is how govt' programs are funded. The man has lost his mind. There are more resignations coming from WH staffers in the next few months and he is going it alone more and more. Isolated, angry and perfectly capable of endangering national security with every breath he takes.

by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2018 9:12 PM

R228, R234, Ask George Papadopolous if chatter with colleagues or anyone else leads to nothing.

Stand up, stretch, google and try again.

by Anonymousreply 239June 19, 2018 9:19 PM

R229: ITA. And someone with $$$ is footing the bill for the big shot lawyer so Cohen doesn't flip. Only problem - his incriminatung shit is on the confiscated tapes and cheaply shredded docs. HA!

by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2018 9:21 PM

The biggest impediment to having an immigration compromise/revision/fix is Mitch McConnell. He paved the way for Trump with his refusal to cooperate with Democrats and his extreme partisanship and obstruction. He was the leader in keeping Eric Garland, an Obama,nominee, from being considered for the SCOUS. Now, he has been railroading right-wing, pro-corporate judges through Senate confirmation. There is a mass of Democrats and Republicans (a plurality of Dems with a dozen or so GOP members) that would pass a Senate bill if he allowed it being brought to the floor. But he, and Ryan in the house, refuse to advance bills that don't have majority GOP support. For partisanship, they let problems fester and reach crisis stages.

by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2018 9:29 PM

Comey responds to Clinton: She still doesn't get why she was under investigation

Comey responds to Clinton: She still doesn't get why she was under investigation © Getty Images

Former FBI Director James Comey on Tuesday pushed back against Hillary Clinton's criticism that he used a personal email for official business while investigating her use of a private email server while secretary of State.

Speaking at an event in Berlin to promote his book, Comey said Clinton's response to his use of private email suggests she misunderstood the root of the FBI investigation, contrasting his use of private email with hers.

"I don’t want to criticize her, but it shows me that even at this late stage she doesn’t understand what the investigation in her case was about," he said at an event hosted by German publication Die Zeit.

"It was not about her use of a personal email system. It was about communicating about classified topics on that system when those topics have to be done on a classified system," he said.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2018 9:32 PM

How many emails did Hillary have in total, and how many were handled in a way that concerned the FBI?

I seem to recall it was about 3 out of 100,000 total emails.

by Anonymousreply 243June 19, 2018 9:41 PM

Please read Seth Abramson link at R200. It will make your jaw drop and it has nothing to do with Russians and everything to do with the Ghouliani, the NY FBI bureau and the vast right wing conspiracy everyone laughed at Hillary about.

by Anonymousreply 244June 19, 2018 9:46 PM

I hate fools like Comey. He's convinced he's one of the good guys and nothing will ever change his mind about that. It's always someone else who doesn't get it, doesn't understand it, someone else did something wrong etc.

by Anonymousreply 245June 19, 2018 9:46 PM

Comey was not the AG. His showmanship heavily impacted the 2016 election results. He should have turned his report over to DOJ senior officials and defer to them for announcements. If he felt an overwhelming need the first time to make an announcement, he should have simply said in a released statement, "after concluding the investigation, evidence does not rise to the level whereby criminal prosecution would be pursued". He had no business talking about carelessness and other derogatory statements about HRC before cameras.

by Anonymousreply 246June 19, 2018 10:10 PM

R46 and weren't those 3 deemed "classified," retroactively?

Seems to me Clinton knows exactly why. she was investigated. Seems to me she knows a hell of a lot more than Comey.

Funny how he can try to stand by that decision about her emails... just like he stands by his actions were actually against protocol. But then again, he never takes responsibility for shit.

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2018 10:46 PM

Serious question: is Seth Abramson a good source for information on current events? I've never read his Twitter before and I just don't want to end up reading another conspiracy theorist like Claude? or Louise?

Can any of you recommend any accounts to follow focusing on the issues discussed here? I'm not a Twitter person so any advice you could offer would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 248June 19, 2018 10:53 PM

[quote]Serious question: is Seth Abramson a good source for information on current events? I've never read his Twitter before and I just don't want to end up reading another conspiracy theorist like Claude? or Louise?

He's generally pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 249June 19, 2018 10:56 PM

It seems the main knock against Seth is that he takes information already reported elsewhere and makes a Tweetstorm out of it, I guess implying that this is his reporting rather than information he compiled from other sources. Apparently he is a lawyer so writes through that prism. He also occasionally puts out the offering plate so some people don't care for that either.

I occasionally read him, but less so now. For actual news/analysis I follow Josh Marshall, Joyce White Vance, Marcy Wheeler (who is an acquired taste), Kyle Griffin, etc., sometimes Rick Wilson, Matt Yglesias, Bill Kristol, Nicole Wallace.

by Anonymousreply 250June 19, 2018 11:07 PM

Thank you so much R249! And thank you R250 for the organized list. I'm going to follow all of them to keep up on events! Thank you again.

by Anonymousreply 251June 19, 2018 11:10 PM

I follow Seth - true, he's kind of an info aggregator, he's not a first line reporter, but what I like about his twitter feed is his ability to put the wide range of information he gathers into order and into context, which I find invaluable to my understanding of it. Seth is also very prescient in the issues he identifies that the mainstream media hasn't identified yet. For example, just now we're starting to hear much about the rogue FBI agents in NY who fed anti-Hillary info to Giuliani. Seth was on that months ago.

by Anonymousreply 252June 19, 2018 11:23 PM

Comey is a piece of shit, especially when the FBI allowed Republican SOS to use private servers.

He gave the election to Trump and it kills him to accept the truth.

by Anonymousreply 253June 19, 2018 11:31 PM

Rumor in the House is that Rosestein will be fired on Friday June 22nd.

Get ready to hit the pavement when they do, boys.

by Anonymousreply 254June 19, 2018 11:47 PM

I take the points that posters about have made (R227, R229) about Cohen's new lawyer being more for fighting than flipping, but how about this woman's take? She thinks a former prosecutor would be more suited to get a better deal for a flipper, not to fight against his former office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 19, 2018 11:50 PM

Thank you., R248/R251. Anyone who wants to learn the facts (which have a well-known liberal bias!) about this shit show deserves credit. There are of course many more you can check out including Ana Navarro, Sherilyn Ifill, Sarah Kendzior, Chris Hayes, among others.

So very many smart people who seem to genuinely care to get out the truth. One of the few reasons I am still hopeful that there will be justice is because there are increasing numbers of people, including higher-profile, who are aghast.

by Anonymousreply 256June 19, 2018 11:51 PM

I am really surprised no armed group has tried to storm the borders and kill Americans. It seems to be what the Republicans want, so I would simply direct those efforts to DC and take down their leaders

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2018 12:17 AM

[quote] I am really surprised no armed group has tried to storm the borders and kill Americans.

Look anywhere they can be found in numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2018 12:22 AM

Liberals have been laughing at Trump's wall but it's still moving forward. They don't seem to take conservatives seriously until they are in office. I'm not confident in any current party/movement/alliance's ability to thwart their plans.

by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2018 12:27 AM

Ugh. Friday is going to suck!

by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2018 12:30 AM

R259 what exactly does borscht taste like?

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2018 12:30 AM

Where did you hear this R254?

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2018 12:34 AM

It is true R262: I just looked it up on google. It is from Fox (gave you search results so you wouldn't have to click on Fox link directly)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2018 12:36 AM

R254, it was mentioned in a congressional hearing yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2018 12:38 AM

If Rob R. Is fired, as opposed to quitting, does that mean he loses ellibility for his pension, lifetime medical, and what have you?

by Anonymousreply 265June 20, 2018 12:41 AM

There have been several prior rounds of fake news that Rosestein, Mueller, or Kelly is about to be fired. One day it may even be true, but the media's record of sloppy or dishonest reporting is pretty impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266June 20, 2018 12:47 AM

R266: Something about this time feels real...I hope I'm wrong (but probably not :(.

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2018 12:57 AM

Who cares about Rosenstein's pension? He will land at a big shot law firm.

by Anonymousreply 268June 20, 2018 12:57 AM

[quote].I hope I'm wrong (but probably not :(.

Really, do you?

Please tell us more before you clear your cookies again.

by Anonymousreply 269June 20, 2018 12:59 AM

R269: WTF are you going on about? I am a Hillary supporter and will always hate that Orange fucker in the White House and the GOP.

Anyway - Trump and GOP are taking desperate measures to oust Rosenstein then Mueller because shit is closing in on them. I hope it backfires on them BIGLY!

by Anonymousreply 270June 20, 2018 1:03 AM

R270 Russian Concern Trolling.

by Anonymousreply 271June 20, 2018 1:04 AM

R271 is a Dumbass Trolling Troll. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 272June 20, 2018 1:06 AM

R272 so angry! Your history shows you should be spending more time being "concerned."

by Anonymousreply 273June 20, 2018 1:08 AM

Oy Vey - R273 Troll is ignored.

by Anonymousreply 274June 20, 2018 1:10 AM

lol. Seeing as how that poster is the OP... and at least has a detailed history in these threads.... the troll is the one so concerned about everything!

by Anonymousreply 275June 20, 2018 1:11 AM

I’ve got my trolls confused. Who’s the troll who’s the OP?

by Anonymousreply 276June 20, 2018 1:17 AM

“Womp womp.” WOMP WOMP? I really hope there is a Hell so there will be a special place in it for Corey fucking Lewamdowski.

by Anonymousreply 277June 20, 2018 1:17 AM

LEWANDOWSKI, sorry. I’m so fucking pissed right now and not in the British sense.

by Anonymousreply 278June 20, 2018 1:18 AM

I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate here. R274 might not be a troll. With all the Troll's infesting DL right now it's easy to just assume that a lot of these posts are in fact coming from Mother Russia.

However, and R274 isn't going to like this but if you don't want to be called a troll, maybe don't sound like one. You only have a history of 5 posts in all of these threads and 3 of them are about being "concerned" about impending doom and your other two posts are shouting that you're not a troll and calling other people with more established histories in these threads trolls.

And that's why it's probably easy for people to jump to the conclusion that you're a troll.

by Anonymousreply 279June 20, 2018 1:21 AM

R276: OP is shaming people (calling them Russian trolls even when they're not) for having the audacity to be concerned. I guess we should all wear rose-colored glasses to satisfy the OP. Fuck that. If shit concerns me, I will speak out. Call me a Russian troll or Boris, I don't give damn because I know I am not. Far from it.

by Anonymousreply 280June 20, 2018 1:21 AM

Okay, Boris at R280.

by Anonymousreply 281June 20, 2018 1:24 AM

R279: I am all over this thread and all of the other Treason threads. I am using the laptop that I brought home from work. That explains why you see a limited history from me. I will switch back to my phone and iPad so folks won't think I am clearing cookies and shit. But I hear you!

by Anonymousreply 282June 20, 2018 1:25 AM

I hope that if there was a plot about to hatch, Rep. Sheila Jackson blowing the whistle on it put a stop to it.

And you can check my posting, there isn't anyone who hates Trump and all his cabal more than me.

by Anonymousreply 283June 20, 2018 1:28 AM

I did not shame anyone for being "concerned." In fact, I have made several comments here stating that a lot of people have the right to be concerned (with regard to the Concern Troll Troll."

I responded as to why the person was calling you a Troll and explaining to you why one would think you were (as was pointed out by someone else, you only have less than five posts that were all "concern," posts).

by Anonymousreply 284June 20, 2018 1:34 AM

I hear you 284. Back on my iPad now!

Back to topic - R283, I hope so too! However, they may switch tactics (move the timeline) now that she blew the whistle on them.

by Anonymousreply 285June 20, 2018 1:38 AM

Cheeto apparently thinks buying goods in US and taking them to one's home country is "cheating America". Can someone explain to him that if you buy in the US, you actually give money to a US retailer. UN-FUCKIN-BELIEVABLE

The U.S. should immediately institute a basic competency test for any elections. This will save a lot of money down the line on having to deal with imbecilic parvenus.

[quote]In the latest salvo in the president’s multi-front attack on Canadian trade practices, Trump told a story Tuesday about Canadians who cross the U.S. border to buy shoes. The tale left trade experts and apparel industry officials scratching their heads. Trump launched into it while delivering a rambling speech, focused on illegal immigration, to the National Federation of Independent Businesses. “There was a story two days ago in a major newspaper talking about people living in Canada coming to the United States and smuggling things back into Canada because the tariffs are so massive. The tariffs to get common items back into Canada are so high that they have to smuggle ‘em in,” Trump said.

[quote]Under NAFTA, there are no Canadian tariffs on shoes manufactured in the U.S. Since more than 95 per cent of shoes sold in the U.S. are made abroad, any Canadian shoppers avoiding Canada’s tariffs upon their return home are actually avoiding tariffs on foreign-made items, mostly made-in-Asia goods. In other words, Trump was complaining about Canadians spending money at U.S. stores and then refusing to pay the Canadian government for goods made in other countries — a process that does not victimize the U.S. in any way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 20, 2018 1:39 AM

Christ!!!! I hate him.

We all must stick together. No. Matter. What. It’s ok to debate, to disagree, to dissect. But know when it’s time to stop, know when to let go too. We don’t HAVE to see every bit of minutia the same — but we do need to stick together. Russia, the Republicans, China, hell, the KOCHS know that the number one thing to fear is our loyalty to our country and each other. Never forget that. Stick together, we will overwhelm them in sheer numbers. Think of what happened after Charlottesville. Didn’t see too many tiki-boys once they realized we would walk the streets and kick their asses, right? Stay together, keep the pressure HIGH. Don’t worry about Rosenatein. If they pull that shit, MARCH. They’re trying to wear you out. Put your energy toward proactive behaviors, refuse to live in the fear.

by Anonymousreply 287June 20, 2018 2:02 AM

^rosenstein

by Anonymousreply 288June 20, 2018 2:15 AM

Of course they could have leaked fake news about Rosenstein to throw the scent off of something or someone else.

by Anonymousreply 289June 20, 2018 2:19 AM

Amen R287!

by Anonymousreply 290June 20, 2018 2:19 AM

Trump turned in a blithering performance in front of the House GOP today, telling them not to worry about tariffs because "trade isn't tricky." OK then! He left everyone confused over which immigration bill (if any) he intended to support, but did assure them, "I am behind you so much," and "I love you people." History suggests this means "I will stab you in the back the first chance I get if you do anything that displeases me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 20, 2018 2:26 AM

Oh good, then we have a date r290!! Wear comfy shoes love!

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2018 2:27 AM

I'm concerned, too. We're at Defcon Nazi, people. Children are being stolen and put in cages. We're next. Or the Muslims. Or the Fuhrer's Twitter enemies. And don't think for one minute rank-and-file Republicans wouldn't eventually go along with killing all of us, either. Fox News would tell them it's for the good of the Fatherland and they'd go right along with it. Trump's base is not some fringe group. He always has at least 85% approval among Republicans. Trump is the Republican party. They are him.

These people are a disease. The Republican party is a cancer, so you've got to buck up and fight back. Even if all you can do is write your Senator every day, then write your Senator every day. You can do something each day to fight.

I will never give up. I don't want these motherfuckers beaten at the ballot box, I want these motherfuckers destroyed as a political party.

by Anonymousreply 293June 20, 2018 2:37 AM

Nazism.

Not hyperbole.

Children in cages and making “womp womp” jokes about it. “Summer camps.”

by Anonymousreply 294June 20, 2018 2:43 AM

It won't be over till the fat lady sings.

Perhaps Sarah and Roseanne will team-up to sing "Flower Duet".

by Anonymousreply 295June 20, 2018 2:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 20, 2018 2:46 AM

Correction, R294-children with Down Syndrome in cages and making “womp womp” jokes about it.

by Anonymousreply 297June 20, 2018 2:48 AM

A list of purported ICE agents is punching too low.

I want the names of the private contractors that are running (or helping run) these prisons for babies and children.

by Anonymousreply 298June 20, 2018 2:49 AM

r293

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 20, 2018 2:52 AM

sleeping giants has it, r298.

I don't have the link in my phone but go to their twitter feed and they list the contractors and the emails of the executives at these contractors.

by Anonymousreply 300June 20, 2018 2:52 AM

HA!!!!! Download these lists and post away, my pretties!!! Dox dox dox dox!

by Anonymousreply 301June 20, 2018 3:52 AM

R286, you know the Wharton School is so proud of this alumnus.

If Trump goes ahead with revoking citizenship, Wharton should get to rescind his diploma.

by Anonymousreply 302June 20, 2018 4:23 AM

Accenture is one company with ICE contracts. Vanderbilt university(!) apparently has ties to the private prison system. Sleeping Giant FB link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 20, 2018 4:49 AM

[quote] [R139]: Exactly. Trump is obviousy the revenge vote against the liberal black president

America is bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 304June 20, 2018 5:02 AM

Trump is acting like he has this massive mandate to turn the country upside down.

HE DOES NOT. He lost the popular vote by 3 million and barely squeaked into office.

WHY ARE WE ACCEPTING THIS BEHAVIOR? We should be out in the streets right now.

by Anonymousreply 305June 20, 2018 5:22 AM

They used to tell us 43% of the vote was enough to give you a "mandate for change". Nothing is different now is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 20, 2018 5:39 AM

False equivalence, R306. 43 percent in a three-way race, Boris. Take your whataboutism elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 307June 20, 2018 6:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2018 6:50 AM

Article from Australian news about the stolen children debacle:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2018 8:16 AM

Trumps mandate comes from Putin and Trump is listening.

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2018 8:54 AM

R306 except that was "soft change", if change at all, remember? It was cosmetic. This, on the other hand, is tearing your country apart.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2018 9:25 AM

R310, When pundits and politicians call Trump's policies "inhumane"and "immoral," Trump cries, "YES! Awesome!"

For his AIM is to bring down the United States, as part of Putin's NWO. Break up NATO; halt military exercises with S. Korea to embolden KimJU; cause trade wars with allies, and add insults to their elected leaders; and literally kidnap infants---INFANTS!!---and not even have any way to ever re-unite them with their parents!

If you or I or anyone else did the last, we would be arrested yesterday and universally vilified as a pedophile, a child trafficker, a Bruno Hauptmann for modern times.

But Trump revels, for destroying America is his goal. To please his master and live another day.

There is yet not enough loud outrage. Talking heads ought not be crying; they should be RAGING ABOUT THIS HORRIFIC CRIME!!!

CHILDREN MIGHT NEVER BE RETURNED TO THEIR PARENTS!!

Is there anyone who doesn't GET this yet?!?!

This is not"like" Nazism; it IS Nazism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2018 11:35 AM

Can we retweet R312?

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2018 12:08 PM

The unmitigated gall of Kirstjen Nielsen going out in public to eat at a Mexican restaurant while instituting and enacting Trump’s cruel child separation policy is really just unbelievable. I’m glad she was hounded and shamed while eating, but it almost is just not enough. These people seem impervious to real shame in what they’re doing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2018 12:32 PM

We have to put this in context. In 2016, many of us were not aware of what was going on. It had an effect. Today, we are a lot more aware and smarter than we were in 2016. So while we know this is going to happen, we will see it coming. I'll just say what Steve Schmidt said today on Twitter: "Vote Democratic. Period." The primaries are over. The time for division over who is the "best" candidate is over. Just vote for the Democrat and turn off the noise machines. Inoculate yourself from the bots and the trolls and the fake news. We can do this. We need to turn out in such numbers as to overwhelm them. We did it in 2016 in spite of them. Remember that. There is no electoral college to worry about in 2018. So we need to turn out in overwhelming numbers and run them out of town.

I would not put it past Trump to try to change the conversation by firing Rosenstein. He might. He might also fire someone else. Right now he is having a major meltdown. Very isolated. I hate what is happening to the families and the children out here , the asylum seekers and the DACA people, the illegals who came here years ago and are living decent lives and have been arrested at their kids' graduation ceremonies or at their jobs. The lack of humanity is appalling. Truly. But if this is what it takes to bring about a sense of outrage significant enough to drive Trump from office than I will seize the momentum from it, and work very hard to run his ass out of our White House!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 20, 2018 12:39 PM

r314, I saw that last night. I couldn't believe the nerve of that cunt, eating at a MEXICAN restaurant. Did she really think she would be welcomed there? Stupid fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 316June 20, 2018 12:47 PM

I'm not on Twitter, r313. But, hoping you're serious, I would be honored if my # got Twitter traction!

After all, they still haven't shown the world the girls!

by Anonymousreply 317June 20, 2018 12:50 PM

Not sure if this issue has been brought up regarding the 'tent cities' and the like where the youngsters are being held, but what if there is a hurricane or tropical storm to impact the area. It is raining heavily now in the region where these facilities are so all must remain inside - if this continues for an extended period then it's just a matter of time for a major storm to cause even more problems and even loss of life. Have the 'authorities' considered this factor?

by Anonymousreply 318June 20, 2018 1:19 PM

So I think many people here are right. Trump is firing Rosenstein because it will change the focus of the national media. He’s trying to kill two birds with one stone. We have to fight this guy on all fronts. He’s not stupid. He’s incredibly devious. But he’s miscalculated. Soon we’lll get tired of fighting him on a ton of fronts, and we’ll just D-Day his ass. Let’s think of ourselves as the Next Greatest Generation.

by Anonymousreply 319June 20, 2018 1:23 PM

R317: They showed a group of prepubescent girls going to a foster agency in NYC late evening. Something about it feels wrong. Maybe it is the age, gender or timing of the move. I hope I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 320June 20, 2018 1:25 PM

Cuomo has filed a lawsuit, the ACLU is suing, and I think there are others. The hashtag I've seen a lot of is #ZEROTOLERANCE4GOP2018. Give to the ACLU and the KIND. also there's another group RAICES, that is using your donations to pay for legal fees so the immigrants can get legal representation because they have no idea how our courts work and they have to go to court, the kids are required to have legal representation too. And RAICES also is raising bond money. Many of the Detainees can be bonded out but they don't know that and they don't have the money to do it. This is a larger problem in our so called "justice system." A lot of people remain in jail because they are too poor to put up bail money. So if you have the ability to donate, those are the three I'd focus on. RAICES is based in Texas. ACLU has Texas chapter and KIND is an international organization specifically for immigrant children. They all do good work they are legit and they are over whelmed right now. In fact, they desperately need more Lawyers. So if you can practice law in Texas or you can contact the bar associations and ask for volunteers do it.

Weather conditions ought to be a major concern. What about air conditioning. And there are some converted facilities that are huge cavernous rooms with no windows. This is horrific. I hope this is the straw that finally crushes this fucker.

by Anonymousreply 321June 20, 2018 1:43 PM

Vlad, my everything, am I doing good as you want?

by Anonymousreply 322June 20, 2018 2:28 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 323June 20, 2018 3:15 PM

R312, thanks for your brilliant post.

by Anonymousreply 324June 20, 2018 3:27 PM

Trump latest attempt to sway his base is to scream about the Democrats want open borders so criminals will get in!!! Can you believe the fear mongering? Hopefully, nothing he says will penetrate the very LOUD screams of children. I hope the news coverage stays on this longer than it did Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 325June 20, 2018 3:31 PM

Oh, there were Russian trolls here for a while, but they disappeared almost immediately after the election.

by Anonymousreply 326June 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Okay, I am a 10 year DataLounger who is accused several times a week of being a Russian troll or a pro Trumper, because I skew a bit right of center. So I know for a fact that not all of those being derided as interloping trolls actually are such.

by Anonymousreply 327June 20, 2018 4:07 PM

R327: Same here - because I used a different computer for a few posts.

by Anonymousreply 328June 20, 2018 4:11 PM

Trump has finally caved in. He is going to sign an executive order to stop family separation.

by Anonymousreply 329June 20, 2018 4:17 PM

R329: I will believe it when I see it - along with children being reunited with their parents...

by Anonymousreply 330June 20, 2018 4:19 PM

Agreed, R330. He clearly wants to come out of this as some kind of hero/savior but that is not going to happen.

Are the little babies in cages supposed to explain to someone in charge who their parents are? This seems like a prime opportunity to funnel children into the sex trafficking industry. I honestly would not be surprised in several of them ended up starring in snuff films.

by Anonymousreply 331June 20, 2018 4:36 PM

" He clearly wants to come out of this as some kind of hero/savior but that is not going to happen."

I agree. This way he'll take credit for ending the inhumanity caused by the Democrats.... it's very similar to that press conference back in 2016 when he "admitted" Obama was a citizen and "finally ended what had been started by Hillary Clinton". GREASE FIRE THE FUCKING POS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 332June 20, 2018 4:39 PM

Check out Susan Hennessey's twitter feed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 20, 2018 4:40 PM

will never happen, r333.

They love their bible beating judges and obstruction more than they care about this country

by Anonymousreply 334June 20, 2018 4:58 PM

Most people being called trolls aren't being called trolls solely because of switching computers.

by Anonymousreply 335June 20, 2018 4:59 PM

I know that R335. I have called some folks out as “trolls” myself. I was just referencing [italic] my [/italic] experience.

by Anonymousreply 336June 20, 2018 5:02 PM

The act of separating families was becoming Trump's Katrina. Electoral-Vote.com's take on the situation. There is usually one or two articles a day that are worth posting here, but today's issue is good all around. check it out.

TODAY'S HEADLINES (click to jump there; use your browser's "Back" button to return here)

• Trump Visits Capitol Hill • Separating Families Could Be Trump's Katrina • U.S. Quits U.N. Human Rights Council • Whoever Wins Immigration Debate, Nielsen Has Already Lost • John Kelly Doesn't Care Any More • Cohen Is Apparently Willing to Sing Like a Canary • Russians Bought Trump Properties for over $100 Million in Cash • Donald Trump Could Be Done in by a Club Sandwich • Gillibrand: Trump Is Doing the Devil's Work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337June 20, 2018 5:21 PM

R337: And just think, that was all this week and it is just Wednesday!

by Anonymousreply 338June 20, 2018 5:25 PM

While I love the idea of Collins, Flake, and McCain threatening to switch parties if McConnell goes along with a firing of Rosenstein and Mueller, it's something of an empty threat in the longer view as Flake is leaving and McCain's days are numbered. Collins is not going to wind up as the eventual lone ranger.

by Anonymousreply 339June 20, 2018 5:55 PM

Cohen just resigned from RNC committee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 20, 2018 5:56 PM

^Oh...K. What’s next?!

by Anonymousreply 341June 20, 2018 5:59 PM

Well Cohen also just criticized the Trump admin for the "family separation" at the border :

[quote]As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

by Anonymousreply 342June 20, 2018 6:19 PM

Why do people always have to start their statements with intros like “as the son of” or “as a parent”? Why not just be outraged because you’re a decent human being?

by Anonymousreply 343June 20, 2018 6:21 PM

Bloomberg will spend up to 80 million to make sure the Dems win the House? Yippee!

by Anonymousreply 344June 20, 2018 6:22 PM

No need to protest because it doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 345June 20, 2018 6:24 PM

I'm ff'ing all these idiots (or maybe just one?) who say protesting "doesn't work," as if people protest in a vacuum. Protesters also vote and do other things; protesting gets a message out and clarifies opinion; and politicians hear.

by Anonymousreply 346June 20, 2018 6:38 PM

R346 and R345 doesn't seem to quite comprehend why people call him out as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 347June 20, 2018 6:50 PM

Steve Schmidt a Senior Republican Strategist who helped manage McCain's '08 campaign, Schwarzenegger's run for Governor, and George W Bush's campaigns renounces membership in RNC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 20, 2018 7:11 PM

So, nobody got the POINT of me copying & pasting those concern troll posts from the last four threads?

It was to SHUT THEM THE FUCK UP.

I am really sickened with the defenders in the last few threads. "We all have a right to be terrified and nonstop post our worry."

The point was to show how they AREN'T helping the dialogue here a single bit. ALSO, it it shut them up a bit.

I know it's only for a day, but they DID shut up while their old posts were reposted.

So, it wasn't Svetlana and Boris reposting old concern posts. It was me posting what actual posters here have posted.

I can't believe the defenders here. Those worried ones are NOT helping us. They are HURTING us.

But keep on defending them.

by Anonymousreply 349June 20, 2018 7:12 PM

R349, we hear you. But now, you’re just coming across like you’re beating a dead horse. The Concern Trolling is NOT going to stop....because they aren’t all trolls. Literally ignore them, and just keep engaging in the better posts. I feel your frustration, I am frustrated too. But no matter how much you yell, they won’t stop, so let’s talk about how to fix this.

by Anonymousreply 350June 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Of course the fucker is denying "any wrongdoing".

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross shorted shares of Navigator Holdings, a firm with ties to the Kremlin, days after being contacted for comment on a potentially negative story, Forbes reported.

Russian President Vladimir Putin's son-in-law owns a stake in the company that was once as large as 20%. In a statement, Ross said he did not receive nonpublic information before betting against the company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Seems you did more harm than good, R349. And despite your pats on the back, no you didn't stop them. I think more people disagree with you than agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 352June 20, 2018 7:20 PM

So you spammed the thread and distracted from the topic at hand.... so you yourself are a troll.

You're also more annoying than the actual "concern trolls."

by Anonymousreply 353June 20, 2018 7:25 PM

When are the arrests coming? what's happened to Michael Cohen? any more updates? TIA! I want to see him locked up!

by Anonymousreply 354June 20, 2018 7:32 PM

Unless, R354, he co-operates with the investigation. Then I want to see him singing the whole story, in a public hearing, on Capitol Hill.

by Anonymousreply 355June 20, 2018 7:41 PM

[quote]Cohen just resigned from RNC committee.

NOW a resignation?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 20, 2018 7:54 PM

We should all admit that the White House is full of Nazis. Nazis are always thoughtless pigs.

by Anonymousreply 357June 20, 2018 7:54 PM

Trump's campaign rally tonight should be interesting. He's been shouting and tweeting all week about how cruelly he has been treated and how terrible everyone is. And that's within what few constraints those around him can impose. Left unchained in front of an audience of deplorables who will be cheering on every vile statement and policy? The mind boggles.

by Anonymousreply 358June 20, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote]Cohen also just criticized the Trump admin for the "family separation" at the border

That's not going to convince the Trumps to pony up more money for his defense. Maybe he really is going to flip.

by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote] Bloomberg will spend up to 80 million to make sure the Dems win the House

The 1% love to buy politicians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360June 20, 2018 8:23 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 20, 2018 8:28 PM

I yem sun to be divurs Vairst Letty—help me!

by Anonymousreply 362June 20, 2018 8:35 PM

R361, that rant is pretty great but I wish he hadn't singled out Nielsen to be stripped naked and publicly whipped. Sexualizes it by bringing sexism and abuse of women into it and takes away from the message about how evil they ALL are. If anyone deserves to be publicly excoriated to the point of bleeding, it's Trump and Sessions.

by Anonymousreply 363June 20, 2018 8:40 PM

"We should rip Barron Trump from his mother's arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles and see if mother will stand up against the giant a--hole she is married to. 90 million people in the streets on the same weekend in the country. F---,"

This was his tweet, which CNN calls “obscene”. I don’t agree with CNN, since everything he said was the truth. And Melania getting the SS involved IMMEDIATELY because of a truthful tweet just proves Fonda’s point. She doesn’t give a shit about any children except for her own spawn of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 364June 20, 2018 8:43 PM

Not only that, he says if he organizes this weekend they are going to arrest him for conspiracy to commit sedition, but we need 90 million in the streets this weekend! AND he says to post all the ICE officers children’s names and surround their kids schools. I agree, will it be different when it’s THEIR fucking kids???? I support this ALL THE WAY. I posted somewhere that we need to encourage wives of ICE to divorce if ICE don’t resign, and to GoFund ICE who are willing to resign on moral grounds. I KNOW this is ugly, but I feel fucking ugly!!!! Fuck THEM! Peter feels as angry as I do, fuck this shit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2018 8:48 PM

And Peter Fonda is irrelevant in current pop culture. Not sure if anyone under 45 knows who he is. So, they can’t “punish him” like the did Roseanne.

Fuck Melania. She’s a cunt like Ivanka

by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2018 8:49 PM

And who cares if people know who Peter is, this is getting press? Isn’t that how we roll now?

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2018 8:58 PM

@kylegriffin1: The Beverly Hill Hotel has been subpoenaed for records of Trump’s past stays there by lawyers for Summer Zervos, the former “Apprentice” contestant who has accused Trump of sexual misconduct and is now suing him for defamation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2018 9:09 PM

Woo hoo! So when will Mark Burnett release the fucking Apprentice tapes? I thought maybe what’s been going on with the immigration crisis might have spurred on his wife Roma to get him to do it.

by Anonymousreply 369June 20, 2018 9:11 PM

[quote] Woo hoo! So when will Mark Burnett release the fucking Apprentice tapes?

Tom Arnold promises he will do it himself any day now.

by Anonymousreply 370June 20, 2018 9:17 PM

Tom Arnold has said that for two years now.

by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2018 9:18 PM

R357, thoughtless pigs? is that you Alec Baldwin?

by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2018 9:22 PM

[quote]Well Cohen also just criticized the Trump admin for the "family separation" at the border :

and his apology tour begins...

by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2018 9:23 PM

Toddlers are being left alone in cages to tend to each other and change each other's diapers.

Thousands of children are being kidnapped and flown across country never to see their parents again.

The POTUS canceled a picnic, while steaks were already being prepared, because the GOP didn't laugh at a joke he made.

A top aide to the POTUS had to quit because he's mixed up with a sex cult.

The commerce secretary has a scandal surrounding him that would have sunk anyone else in a day and nobody is even talking about it.

A stalwart, famous GOP operative just left the party.

A top aide to the President and VP made fun of a child with Down Syndrome on national TV and will not apologize.

The Attorney General of the United States went on television and defended a policy by saying it wasn't Nazi-like because Nazis were trying to keep Jews in the country, not out of it.

The President's personal lawyer and finance chair of the RNC is sending up flares he might flip and co-operate with investigators.

The POTUS is feeling blue so he does what he always does when he's depressed and is holding himself a rally this evening.

Obama's former cyber czar admitted in front of Congress that Russia probably penetrated the election systems of every state, not just 21.

An IG report came out detailing how Clinton was screwed out of the presidency by a man with a God-complex and a den of FBI agents with a "visceral hatred" of Hillary Clinton.

The GOP is currently on the floor of the House screaming at each other.

The WH couldn't spell the word separation correctly on their executive order.

We learned today POTUS threw Starbursts at the leader of Germany.

It is only Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2018 9:50 PM

STUART, Fla. (CBS12) —

A man is facing a serious charge after deputies say he threatened Congressman Brian Mast's children.

A federal document filed with the U.S. District Court states Laurence Wayne Key called Rep. Mast's office in Washington, D.C. on Monday morning. An intern told investigators when he answered the phone the caller said, "I'm going to find congressman's kids and kill them. If you're going to separate kids at the border, I'm going to kill his kids. Don't try to find me because you won't."

Peter Fonda has more influence then I thought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2018 9:56 PM

I’m on a rant in another thread, we need a music break here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2018 10:17 PM

Michael Cohen's best friend Donny Deutsch, just now on Ari Melber's show: "If I were Donald Trump, and I’m speaking for myself, not Michael Cohen, I would be very nervous. I would be surprised if Michael Cohen didn’t end up as a very pivotal figure in history."

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2018 10:44 PM

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, has a bithday June 21.

Will Sen. Lindsey Graham be tweeting birthday wishes to the Prince as he does for the Trumps and Pences?

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2018 10:49 PM

That fucking sadist uses the "yo yo" ploy; he can rescind his executive order any time he wants and he will use the threat of that very effectively. He is also still harping on the "illegals" talking about how they ares till going to use Aero Tolerance to arrest everyone! Ari Melber was excellent tonight. The ICE and the Department of Homeland Security have done nothing to deal with the real issues. They are entirely focused on enforcement of Zero Tolerance and the health issues and other problems aren't being addressed. Trump is a piece of shit. He also has his cronies on Fox, and Rush Limbaugh etc. saying this was a phony crisis all manufactured.

by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2018 10:55 PM

R374 I hate it when you post ominous lists like that, it’s too terrible to read, my mind aches.

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2018 10:55 PM

[quote]The WH couldn't spell the word separation correctly on their executive order.

His tweets contain misspellings, and weird capitalizations almost every day ( "boarder" meaning border, most recently; "special council or Special Council instead of the correct counsel, etc.).

But this official document containing such a sophomoric mistake is really sad. Or, as he would tweet, SAD!!

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2018 10:59 PM

R374, I never heard about the Starbursts. Do tell!

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote]I never heard about the Starbursts. Do tell!

Ask, and it shall be given you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2018 11:24 PM

I REALLY think this is the time for Dems and Corporations to push HARDER!!!! Every time that stupid fuck says something like “Dems want immigrants to flood the border” or “Dems refuse to negotiate” respond with: “we will NOT play ball with lies. When this man lies, we will push back. He wants ______? Then he needs to take back his LIES.” The corporations can simply say, “this man continues to lie to our citizens, we are cancelling our federal contract with the Dept of Creamcheese as we will no longer put profits over truth. Our fellow citizens need to hear the truth, not lies.” This is the time, it’s now now now. Also, just call him “this man” not the President!!!! Stop calling him the President!

Every time this bastard does this shit, we’re all so caught up in the emotional come down and shift (he’s going to keep the families together!!!!) that we stop fighting — now is the time to put him in a full Nelson. It’s like we’re kitty cats watching the laser toy, but he’s the one holding the toy. Attack now!!!

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2018 11:27 PM

Corporations will always be part of the problem, R384, but Dems do need to do what you suggest. Constantly, anywhere and everywhere remind people that Trump lies, about 3000 lies since he treasoned his way into office. Everyone should laugh at him constantly, everything he says should be dismissed as Just Another Trump Lie. They should always say when asked about anything Trump says, that if Trump said it, it's probably untrue ... but whatever about the policy we SHOULD be implementing.

Oh, and remind people he's a Russian agent and a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2018 11:35 PM

More on Starburstgate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 20, 2018 11:55 PM

At this point I'm sure Trump knows just the kind of thing to help his approval numbers long enough to get the GOP through the midterms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 21, 2018 12:05 AM

Five months until the November elections. Seven months until a new Congress is seated.

Will the country make it?

Or will Trump declare martial law and install himself and his family as Dear Leader and Dear-Leaders-to-Be before then?

by Anonymousreply 388June 21, 2018 12:07 AM

Were the Starburst something that Q Anon had talked about?!?!!!

by Anonymousreply 389June 21, 2018 12:07 AM

Was this already posted here?

I’ve seen several tweets comparing this to Nazis / The Holocaust and saying things like “this is how it begins”. I teach Holocaust Literature so let me be clear - this ISN’T how it began. This is already several stages along the way. #NeverAgainIsNow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 21, 2018 12:13 AM

[quote] Or will Trump declare martial law

I'm starting to wonder if it's inevitable. At least he'll try.

by Anonymousreply 391June 21, 2018 12:15 AM

r388 Yes, we're going to make it. People are openly talking about beating back these Nazis. We aren't told to shut up and quit being hysterical Marys anymore. People are listening. People are waking up. A few House Republicans went after trump this afternoon on Twitter. That's something. Steve Schmidt left the party. That's something. People are surrounding ICE buildings and not letting workers leave at night without passing through crowds. The DHS secretary was heckled out of a DC eatery.

Cohen might flip. trump backed down.

Meadows and Ryan were hissing and clawing at each other in public tonight.

The wheels are coming off this bus. We're going to win.

by Anonymousreply 392June 21, 2018 12:19 AM

Nielsen looked like hell in this morning’s abomination of an executive order signing. Good!!!

by Anonymousreply 393June 21, 2018 12:23 AM

I ❤ r392! 😘

by Anonymousreply 394June 21, 2018 12:23 AM

The Supreme Court's ruling about gerrymandering certainly won't help. And I still don't trust the computerized voting tally machines. I think the Russian Troll Camp workers are putting in overtime as I write this. Not meaning to come off as a concern Troll. My point is this has to be paid very important attention to as much as everything else. What good is voting if the votes aren't being legitimately counted? I hope there's somebody keeping watch.

by Anonymousreply 395June 21, 2018 12:24 AM

Well - American Airlines and United Airlines came through today. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 396June 21, 2018 12:27 AM

Thank you r392

by Anonymousreply 397June 21, 2018 12:27 AM

Three years of masturbation , and still not even close to a climax.

by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2018 12:29 AM

But you guys would rather WHINE about your worries!

THANK YOU, R392 for being a MAN and strong enough to resist the Concern Trolls!

by Anonymousreply 399June 21, 2018 12:30 AM

Yeah, R399 your contributions (the only ones it seems) of screaming about Concern Trolls has really done a lot for the topic at hand.

by Anonymousreply 400June 21, 2018 12:43 AM

Fuck off, you sick, hateful fucker.

by Anonymousreply 401June 21, 2018 12:45 AM

Sure, R401.

by Anonymousreply 402June 21, 2018 12:45 AM

R401 you sound unhinged. Why don't YOU fuck off. Seriously, you're tedious.

by Anonymousreply 403June 21, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]Three years of masturbation , and still not even close to a climax.

But enough about your 15 GB kiddie porn stash.

by Anonymousreply 404June 21, 2018 12:51 AM

To the last few posters. I plead with you. Please do not feed the troll(s). Do you know what happens if you don't feed them? They starve and die off.

We've had some amazingly wonderful debates on these threads. Let's just focus on those.

by Anonymousreply 405June 21, 2018 12:55 AM

Someone up thread said"the wheels are coming off the bus" . I'm always a doom and gloom poster but lately I'm a bit more optimistic with the way that lunatic in the WH is behaving. He is sweating. Something is definitely up. Michael Avenatti just might be right- again-that Trumpturd just might not finish his first and only term. I am beginning to believe that, in addition to being evil and a psychopath, he has an organic brain disorder possibly related to dementia, hardening of arteries or syphillis. Not joking at all.

by Anonymousreply 406June 21, 2018 1:00 AM

#basta

by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2018 1:01 AM

Fuck yeah r392! If you want to see some pissed off fellow Americans letters to their reps check out @openletterbot on twitter. A m a z I n g and a real spirit lifter. The resistance is alive.

by Anonymousreply 408June 21, 2018 1:08 AM

I’m hoping that inditement of Trump and family will result in such a backlash against Republicans, that Dems sweep statehouses across the country. We have the National census approaching and some gerrymandering may help keep Democratic seats.

by Anonymousreply 409June 21, 2018 1:13 AM

Federal authorities have subpoenaed the publisher of the National Enquirer for records related to its $150,000 payment to a former Playboy model for the rights to her story alleging an affair with Donald Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

The subpoena from Manhattan federal prosecutors requesting information from the publisher, American Media Inc., about its August 2016 payment to Karen McDougal is part of a broader criminal investigation of Mr. Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, they said.

Investigators are probing any potential efforts by Mr. Cohen to suppress damaging information about Mr. Trump during the presidential campaign, including whether he coordinated with American Media to pay Ms. McDougal and then not publish her account, other people familiar with the matter said.

Prosecutors are examining whether the payment violated campaign-finance or other laws, the people said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 21, 2018 5:10 AM

r404, are you posting from 2010?

Most pr0n stashes are in the TBs these days.

by Anonymousreply 411June 21, 2018 5:27 AM

It's kind of bugging me how people are now excited that Trump "caved". Rick Wilson, who I've come to greatly admire, was practically beaming on CNN tonight. It's just that I don't trust it. I posted this on another thread. I think Trump always intended on signing the executive order he signed today, (or one of his "advisers" came up with the plan, Stephen Miller probably). There was no way Trump could have kept this going. Even he had to have known that. But now, at his rally in Minnesota, once again he came off as a hero. He was tough, held off as long as he kid against those stinking Dems, and then signed the order releasing the children that the Dems were keeping hostage because of "their" policy. I truly believe it might have been specifically timed for the day of this rally.

Just like the whole Birther thing. Once elected, he knew he would have to concede it at some point, so he threw that joke of a press conference, then declared that he finished what Hillary Clinton had started.

is it that far-fetched?

by Anonymousreply 412June 21, 2018 7:01 AM

Hard to say. However:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 21, 2018 7:11 AM

The latest episode (the separation of families, followed by the logical outcry) was just a distraction from the next election tampering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 21, 2018 8:04 AM

Mocking a disabled journalist, grabbing women by the pussy, insulting a heralded beloved war vet, the muslim ban, inviting know Russian spies into the oval office, good people on both sides, embracing a murderous dictator, and pulling babies away from their mothers. Aside from actually murdering somebody himsef, is there anything left he hasn't gotten away with?

by Anonymousreply 415June 21, 2018 8:10 AM

I agree with r414 this is a messy distraction to keep us from looking at sinister plans around healthcare, vote tampering and undoing more environmental safe guards. We need them out asap.

by Anonymousreply 416June 21, 2018 10:35 AM

The man has done enough as President to qualify for Impeachment proceedings. We don't need to wait for Mueller. If what he is doing to children and what he is doing to our allies...and with our enemies doesn't qualify I don't know what does. Are they waiting for video of him murdering someone? Because what he is doing to babies and small children, thousands of them right now is criminal. His executive order means nothing. It doesn't apply to the thousands of kids already taken and there is no process in place to return those children to their parent. Hell, they don't even know who there parents are. Babies as young as 8 month old are turning up in Michigan in the middle of the fucking night for "foster care." You have 8 yr olds who speak no English and are terrified. Why are they moving them at 4 AM? Are they trying to avid the media? Because of course that's more important that a child's well being. That bitch in charge of DHS needs to be crucified.

by Anonymousreply 417June 21, 2018 11:12 AM

His executive order is a lot of smoke and mirrors. They will house families in detentions centers until they run out of room. Some of these kids may not see their parents again.

by Anonymousreply 418June 21, 2018 12:02 PM

The creepiest thing I've seen are those young girls being shuffled around in the middle of the night in NYC. Sometimes with blankets over their heads to hide their identity.

WTF is going on there?

by Anonymousreply 419June 21, 2018 12:22 PM

r417, if we didn't have a Republican house he could've been impeached months ago.

On November 6th, 2018 make sure you get your asses out there and VOTE!!!!!

And if you want anything to change vote DEMOCRATIC.

by Anonymousreply 420June 21, 2018 12:25 PM

I love you R315!

by Anonymousreply 421June 21, 2018 1:11 PM

I don't think the Zero Tolerance was solely about distraction... I think a great deal of it was but I have a feeling one of the major reasons they did it was to test the waters to see just how far they could go and for how long. I also think another component was trying to desensitize people... which is what they've been doing all along. Shock people with something and so in a few months when they do something worse, the previous thing didn't look so bad.

by Anonymousreply 422June 21, 2018 1:25 PM

Don't ever try to tell me that Deplorables aren't really that bad. I just saw a clip on MSNBC that was taken before/after? Trump's rally last night which showed a Deplorable mocking the crying over the migrant kids in the shelters. This man was literally pretending to cry and made sniffling noises just to make fun of those who feel for the children. What kind of heartless bastard does this?

A Trump Deplorable that's who.

I couldn't hate these people more.

by Anonymousreply 423June 21, 2018 1:35 PM

Actually, R442, it's "shock people with something truly horrible so in a few months when they do something slightly less abhorrent it doesn't look so bad."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 21, 2018 1:42 PM

Absolutely R422. How this was ever elected into office raises serious questions.

by Anonymousreply 425June 21, 2018 1:44 PM

[quote]They showed a group of prepubescent girls going to a foster agency in NYC late evening.

Holy Shit, what's going on here?

Why hasn't a judge stopped all of this by now, this is beyond criminal, this is kidnapping and child trafficking.

by Anonymousreply 426June 21, 2018 2:05 PM

Its time we demand an investigation of Trump Model Mgmt, their tax returns, etc....he trafficked in eastern European girls for decades.....why do you think hes been mentioning human trafficking lately ?.......HE PROJECTS HIS CRIMES FOR THE WORLD TO SEE.

by Anonymousreply 427June 21, 2018 2:21 PM

[422] - I saw that clip too - they also showed some women crying (for real) but couldn't gather the thoughts to respond to the question posed by the interviewer. These people are truly one chromosome away from being a potato! < one of my favorite quotes from Dorothy on GG.

by Anonymousreply 428June 21, 2018 3:49 PM

First Step to Helping Children Sent to New York: Find Them

As reports came in of hundreds of children sent quietly to New York after being separated from their families at the southern border, consular officials from Central American countries scrambled to help.

Overnight, their jobs had changed from processing passports and visas from their offices in Midtown Manhattan and on Park Avenue to providing emergency humanitarian aid to children taken from their parents under a Trump Administration policy.

But the first step was finding them. By Thursday, consular officials and others were shifting into crisis mode, beginning to search for children as young as 9 months old who did not appear to have been carefully tracked by the federal authorities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 21, 2018 3:53 PM

R412, The EO does NOT "release...the children" recently taken; indeed, they aren't even any longer "hostages" because Trump isn't using them any more for extortion purposes.

He has simply become our Pied Piper, leading the children away, never to see their families again.

by Anonymousreply 430June 21, 2018 3:59 PM

R422. Aren't these people that are mocking the outrage felt by these displaced infants the very same people that decry abortion rights?! I know at this point I shouldn't be surprised, but the level of hypocrisy is quite astounding!

by Anonymousreply 431June 21, 2018 4:03 PM

R427, Yep, every damn time. Add to his "child trafficking" projection Trump's "No, YOU'RE the puppet" to Hillary, back in the day. Clue #1.

Then there are his insults, calling others lying, fat, crooked, little (coughcough), etc.

Now he speaks in demagogue style about rapists (ahem), about obstructionists, about the Democrats as wanting criminal behaviors to increase.

Of course, Trump has had one great victory : He has forced the term "Fake News" into our lexicon.

by Anonymousreply 432June 21, 2018 4:22 PM

yes, r431.

And I've said that very same thing when I call my "pro life" reply and senator. They only give a fuck when it's a fetus. Otherwise, they couldn't care less. The staffers have no response to that because they know it's true.

by Anonymousreply 433June 21, 2018 4:23 PM

Trafficking kidnapped children across state lines!

23andme and/ or Ancestry shoum provide free DNA testing to reunite the families for the publicity.

by Anonymousreply 434June 21, 2018 4:33 PM

[Quote] We are now representing whistleblowers within ICE, outside contractors, etc. They have reached out to us to provide us with info as to what is really going on. We are going to blow this wide open and take the info to the American people so they can decide what happens next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 21, 2018 5:13 PM

Vanity Fair great article...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 21, 2018 5:44 PM

The children will be released once they can say “no collusion, no collusion, witch hunt, thank you, President Trump.” in English!

by Anonymousreply 437June 21, 2018 5:51 PM

Mother Jones....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 21, 2018 5:52 PM

The King of the Netherlands yesterday in response to Trump tweets about immigration:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 21, 2018 5:58 PM

^^ Try again, R439

by Anonymousreply 440June 21, 2018 6:01 PM

Sorry, I think it's a parody account purporting to be the King of the Netherlands. It read:

Dear mister Trump. You see this beautiful building? It's the International Court of Justice in Our residency The Hague, the Netherlands. It's waiting for you. It might take a while. But it's waiting ...

It was purported to be genuine on Democratic Underground, but it's not.

by Anonymousreply 441June 21, 2018 6:04 PM

This is scary. (but notice how the second woman interviewed looks like that woman from Desperate Housewives).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442June 21, 2018 6:11 PM

LOL

[quote]The Trump fans were remarkably emotional, with one woman breaking down in tears over the persecution of Donald Trump. As the woman became choked up, the reporter said, “I see you getting emotional, why is that?” “Because — I just — he just…He just tries so hard and so many people are so down on him,” the woman said.

This is the cult mentality. Very similar to fanfraus of celebrity actors who "mother" them, woobify them as victims of "management", and project ultimate fantasies onto them.

by Anonymousreply 443June 21, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]Of course, Trump has had one great victory : He has forced the term "Fake News" into our lexicon.

A 'victory' which will backfire throughout history. It's accurate reporting (by the 'failing fake media') of his corruption which will assist his downfall, and brand him forever as a fake 'President.'

Nixon, it might be remembered, gravely intoned, 'There will be no whitewash at The White House.' At least he much later confessed that he'd 'let down the American people.' Good luck with that from the narcissist-in-chief. He'll blame Obama, Hillary and the 'fake' media till his last.

by Anonymousreply 444June 21, 2018 6:42 PM

PROPAGAND-OFF! Fox News vs. North Korean State TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 21, 2018 6:52 PM

[quote]Of course, Trump has had one great victory : He has forced the term "Fake News" into our lexicon.

Not if I can help it. I never use the phrase, never use ANY words or phrases he may be attempting to immortalize himself through, and you too can refrain from regaling him with fame.

by Anonymousreply 446June 21, 2018 7:11 PM

[quote] Of course, Trump has had one great victory : He has forced the term "Fake News" into our lexicon.

That was an own goal by the media. And the list keeps growing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 21, 2018 7:14 PM

As Lindsey weighs in daily to the cable media.....

Listen to Melania.

Advice to Trump from Lindsey Graham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 21, 2018 8:10 PM

They're trolling us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 21, 2018 8:25 PM

I actually recognize this jacket from Zara, one woman at work was wearing it a few months back.

by Anonymousreply 450June 21, 2018 8:26 PM

WTF is up with Melania? That is tasteless. Who or what was that directed to?

by Anonymousreply 451June 21, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote] I actually recognize this jacket from Zara, one woman at work was wearing it a few months back.

She only wore that for the flight. She probably forgot about the "kewl" sex-in-the-city message. I am surprised though she bought this in the first place. Her fashion sense is usually much better, but everybody makes an occasional fashion faux pas at the check out counter.

by Anonymousreply 452June 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Can't these people do ANYTHING right? How do people who are this disrespectful and unprofessional make it so fucking far in life?!

by Anonymousreply 453June 21, 2018 8:35 PM

She's a whore darling. Seriously and she is married to Donald Trump. I'll take my life over hers any day.

by Anonymousreply 454June 21, 2018 8:36 PM

I'm sure it was all just a coincidence... like when she wore the Pussy Bow blouse the day her husband proclaimed his love for sexual assault.

by Anonymousreply 455June 21, 2018 9:10 PM

The Economist/YouGov poll of 1,500 adults was taken in mid-June. It shows that only 19 percent of Americans prefer the Democrats’s call to “release the [migrant] families and have them report back for an immigration hearing at a later date.”

The low score included only 17 percent of swing-voters and 7 percent of Republicans, 16 percent of blacks and 20 percent of Hispanics.

In contrast, 39 percent of swing-voters preferred the option of “Hold families together in family detention centers until an immigration hearing at a later date.” Another 18 percent favored separating the families and placing the children in shelters run by a government agency or in “juvenile detention centers.”

by Anonymousreply 456June 21, 2018 9:17 PM

As said earlier, the Republicans want to make illegal immigration the core issue for the midterms. GOP will try to paint Democrats as favoring open borders and blanket amnesty. Most citizens don't favor such. Democrats need to be articulating a clear, reasonable immigration policy, and not let Trump and company define it for them in a fallacious way.

by Anonymousreply 457June 21, 2018 9:29 PM

I think the pictures of babies in cages is doing a just fine job articulating the Republican Stance On Immigration right now

by Anonymousreply 458June 21, 2018 9:32 PM

The cable news is all focused on the detention of children separately, and not conveying much news about the Mueller investigation and related. It would be good to hear updates.

by Anonymousreply 459June 21, 2018 10:42 PM

[quote]As said earlier, the Republicans want to make illegal immigration the core issue for the midterms.

And Trump just caused them to lose their opportunity for this with his cruel and unnecessary policy.

by Anonymousreply 460June 21, 2018 11:31 PM

R459, I toooooootally disagree on Mueller. I think it’s good to step away and focus on the “least of these” so people put FACES to his policies. Don’t report on Mueller case til there is real movement on key players. Right now, putting the cruelty on display is working, we need more not less.

by Anonymousreply 461June 21, 2018 11:36 PM

@ScottStedman

Breaking: BBC correspondent Paul Wood says that a Cambridge Analytica employee told a lawyer that the company "had the Clinton emails more than a month before they were published by WikiLeaks"

by Anonymousreply 462June 22, 2018 12:55 AM

Oh, reeeeeaaaalllly?!? Now isn’t that interesting...

God I fucking hate Cambridge Analytica.

by Anonymousreply 463June 22, 2018 1:13 AM

No collusion! No collusion! YOU'RE the collusion!

by Anonymousreply 464June 22, 2018 1:14 AM

I would love to rip Brad Pershit’s beard right out of his face. You see that cocky fucker on 60 Minutes? He’s a hick with a chip on his shoulder toward Yankees AND he thinks the way he can compete is by mimicking his bestest boss, Donnie. He’s a hick who tries to talk NY gangster. I want to bash his skull in with a bat. A metal bat. Then again, I’d love to use the shards of a wooden bat after I bash his head in and shove the shards under his nails too. I understand now the passion of “off with her head!” I would seriously PAY to watch ANY of these fuckers be executed. No, I never in my life felt or spoke like this until 2016.

by Anonymousreply 465June 22, 2018 1:21 AM

Remember....Bannon was working for CA at the time.....in fact there is an interesting twitter thread on this very subject by Seth Abrahmson....ill find it and post

by Anonymousreply 466June 22, 2018 1:38 AM

Seth Abramson thread on the subject of CA and HC emails.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 22, 2018 1:40 AM

Heres another interesting thread.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468June 22, 2018 1:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 22, 2018 2:50 AM

That Zara clothing company Melania wore? Apparently they're known for making striped pajamas with yellow stars, purses with Nazi symbols, Pepe the Frog stuff, etc.

She was certainly sending a message and now we know what it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 22, 2018 3:15 AM

Zara looks pretty standard to me. The models look like a United Colors of Bennetton ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471June 22, 2018 3:23 AM

It's too late.

We're not going to make it to January, when a new Congress can take effect. Assuming Dems can even take back the House! They might not, if Russia can change votes.

It's only June, and they're already putting babies in cages. Trump and GOP leaders will figure out how to implement a Putin/Kim-style military takeover by the end of the year. That's why they seem so relaxed; they know they're protected.

This is get-out-while-you-can time. But to where??

by Anonymousreply 472June 22, 2018 3:31 AM

It’s Friday on the East Coast-yippee? Do you think Mueller will hand out fresh indictments or will Trump fire Rosenstein or both!

by Anonymousreply 473June 22, 2018 4:06 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 22, 2018 4:06 AM

I thought Trump couldn’t fire Rosenstein, and only Sessions could. In order to fire Rosenstein, he’d need to fire Sessions and put someone in as AG who would fire R.

by Anonymousreply 475June 22, 2018 4:20 AM

Trump can fire Rosenstein for any reason but the grounds for firing him are very flimsy and it might backfire. It's hard to predict how far he'll go when cornered though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 22, 2018 10:18 AM

I’m in China and access to decent news coverage is spotty to nonexistent. What is r474's link about? What did he say at the presser?

by Anonymousreply 477June 22, 2018 1:11 PM

From Russian state TV, courtesy of media analyst Julia Davis:

Hosts and politicians conclude that "something big is underway," as Trump is getting ready to meet Putin, John Bolton will be traveling to Moscow and GOP Senators will spend the 4th of July in Russia. They anticipate US proposals that are acceptable to Russia.

Vladimir Vasiliev, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for US and Canadian Studies at the Russian Academy of Sciences, points out that Trump is sending Bolton - not Pompeo - to Russia, because he wants to cut @StateDept out of his meeting with Putin.

Yury Afonin, member of the State Duma, says that the main intrigue - in light of Trump's recent comments about Ukraine - is the likelihood of Trump and Putin entering into a secret verbal agreement during their upcoming get-together.

by Anonymousreply 478June 22, 2018 1:51 PM

Folks, we have to remember when the Clinton campaign emails were released. They were released within minutes of the Access Hollywood, "grab them by the pussy" tape hitting the news.

It's incredibly clear there was coordination with the Trump campaign..

by Anonymousreply 479June 22, 2018 2:08 PM

For r477

A senior house leadership aide sends this note after trump's loco presser just now.

"Fuck him. He couldnt fucking shut his fucking mouth for 8 fucking hours. Fuck."

by Anonymousreply 480June 22, 2018 2:14 PM

I thought Putin and Trump talk on the phone often. No need for a secret meeting if they are already coordinating on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 481June 22, 2018 2:21 PM

The latest tweet:

We must maintain a Strong Southern Border. We cannot allow our Country to be overrun by illegal immigrants as the Democrats tell their phony stories of sadness and grief, hoping it will help them in the elections. Obama and others had the same pictures, and did nothing about it!

This son of a bitch enrages me like no one ever has.

by Anonymousreply 482June 22, 2018 2:30 PM

My hopes have always been enough damning evidence by Mueller to disgrace him and make him leave office. Now I hope an assassination takes him out

by Anonymousreply 483June 22, 2018 2:39 PM

An assassination will only lead to unrest. I would much rather he publicly went into cardiac arrest and was unable to be revived. I want to watch his body convulse in agony.

by Anonymousreply 484June 22, 2018 2:44 PM

R457, Trump has begun the campaign. Wait for the phrases:

"Open-Borders Democrats." Alternatively, substitute Democratic candidate's name on the campaign trail.

"MS-13 Democrats."

"Democrats Would Surrender the Alamo!"

by Anonymousreply 485June 22, 2018 2:46 PM

R483: Same! He is a malignant cancer that needs to be cut out before he destroys and kills the surrounding tissue, organ and body. Fuck his deplorable base. They are a malignant cancer just like him and total lost causes.

by Anonymousreply 486June 22, 2018 2:49 PM

Trump needs to be riduceld and shamed by all the media outlets first. That will force the Deplorables into hiding (because it's not longer "cool" to be a fan of Donald Trump). Then Trump can be taken out without anybody daring to stick up for Mr. Orange Hair Furor.

by Anonymousreply 487June 22, 2018 2:50 PM

Sorry, Trump needs to be RIDICULED ..

by Anonymousreply 488June 22, 2018 2:51 PM

What's to update, r459? Cohen is stewing and fretting in jail. He signaled his displeasure about it to Trump via a Tweet ostensibly about the border issues, but actually just to show he can go against Trump.

We'll know more in due time.

by Anonymousreply 489June 22, 2018 2:55 PM

R470, I'm assuming that message was "Fuck all you all."

R485, "Undocumented Democrats" was one I saw yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 490June 22, 2018 3:01 PM

Oops! Make that Paul Manafort, not Michael Cohen in r489!

Too many criminals to keep straight!

Michael will soon be known as "Mikey the Rat."

by Anonymousreply 491June 22, 2018 3:03 PM

R482, He Tweets as the psychopath he is, mocking grief and sadness as fake because he feels nothing. People are solely means to ends for him, with the ends preferably being money and power.

And, since January 2017, adulation.

by Anonymousreply 492June 22, 2018 3:09 PM

[quote] R486: They are a malignant cancer just like him and total lost causes.

The paraphrase John Dean, “There is a cancer [italic] in [/italic] the Presidency.”

by Anonymousreply 493June 22, 2018 3:10 PM

[quote] He Never Laughs, Either.

I noticed this as well. I have seen him laughing on perhaps two occasions over the last two years, which is almost nothing. It is not normal and can’t be good. He carries around that permanent scowl as a badge of honor. I suspect he thinks that all this makes him look “strong”, which he fetishizes, whereas it really just makes him look angry and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 494June 22, 2018 3:16 PM

Comedian Tom Arnold said Friday that he and President Trump’s former longtime personal lawyer are teaming up to “take down” the president.

Arnold tweeted a photo with Michael Cohen on Thursday with the caption "I Love New York," which Cohen retweeted without comment.

Arnold then told NBC News that he met with Cohen as part of a show he is working on for Vice, in which he searches for incriminating videos of the president.

"This dude has all the tapes — this dude has everything,” Arnold told NBC News. "I say to Michael, 'Guess what? We’re taking Trump down together,’ and he’s so tired he’s like, 'OK,' and his wife is like, 'OK, f--- Trump.’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 22, 2018 3:35 PM

A couple of you need to calm down. Mueller is not going to indict a sitting president. He’ll issue a report to Rosenstein, who will probably pass it along to Congress.

As far as impeachment goes, that’s only 50% of the process. Dems will probably regain control of the House, but if there aren’t votes in the Senate to convict, an impeachment will backfire badly.

by Anonymousreply 496June 22, 2018 3:43 PM

From Kyle Griffin's twitter:

A federal judge has denied a request by Paul Manafort to suppress evidence seized by investigators from Mueller's office from a storage unit.

Corey Lewandowski has reportedly been dropped by his speakers bureau in the wake of his 'womp, womp' remarks.

During the presidential campaign, National Enquirer executives sent digital copies of the tabloid's articles and cover images related to Donald Trump and his political opponents to Michael Cohen in advance of publication, WaPo reports.

New Pruitt question: Where are his emails? An examination of Pruitt's gov't email accounts has uncovered only one message he wrote to anyone outside the EPA during his first 10 months in office. Watchdogs question whether he's communicating in private.

by Anonymousreply 497June 22, 2018 3:45 PM

New Republic: The Trump administration feared it would be a “public relations nightmare”: a major federal study that concluded contaminated groundwater across the country, especially near military bases, was more toxic than the government realized. Political aides to President Donald Trump and Environmental Protection Agency head Scott Pruitt pressured the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry against releasing the results. The study was not released.

That is, until Wednesday. Amid a media firestorm about the administration’s immigration policy, the ATSDR quietly published its 852-page review of perfluoroalkyls, or PFAS, which are “used in everything from carpets and frying pan coatings to military firefighting foams,” according to ProPublica. “All told, the report offers the most comprehensive gathering of information on the effects of these chemicals today, and suggests they’re far more dangerous than previously thought.”

Military personnel and veterans are particularly at risk, because PFAS compounds are in firefighting foams, which have been used in training exercises at military bases across America since the 1970s. Those foams have leached into the groundwater at the military facilities, and often the drinking water supply. Nearly three million Americans get their drinking water from Department of Defense systems.

by Anonymousreply 498June 22, 2018 4:00 PM

The crying child that has become the defining image of President Donald Trump‘s “zero tolerance” border policy was not separated from her parents, a Honduran official told Reuters.

The photo — of a 2-year-old girl named Yanela, per the Washington Post — taken at a border detention center by Getty Images photographer John Moore, was used in Time Magazine’s powerful cover showing Trump looking down at her, with a headline that read “Welcome to America.”

It was used in a number of other publications amid a public outcry over Trump’s policy that separated migrant children from their families.

Reuters spoke to a man who said he was the girl’s father:

“My daughter has become a symbol of the … separation of children at the U.S. border. She may have even touched President Trump’s heart,” Denis Valera told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Valera said the little girl and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the Texas border town of McAllen, where Sanchez has applied for asylum, and they were not separated after being detained near the border.

But maybe Tom Arnold can make some tapes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 22, 2018 4:16 PM

Stephen Miller is totally normal and always has been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 22, 2018 4:20 PM

I’d love to see Republicans lose ground in public opinion of their treatment of immigration, the military, and the deficit.

Enacting family separation, hiding poisoned drinking water on military bases, and ballooning the deficit could do it. It’s depressing that this isn’t a sure thing.

by Anonymousreply 501June 22, 2018 4:20 PM

Fuck you 499

by Anonymousreply 502June 22, 2018 4:21 PM

Gen Pop for all of ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 503June 22, 2018 4:38 PM

Gen Pop for all of ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 504June 22, 2018 4:40 PM

Gen Pop for all of ‘em.

by Anonymousreply 505June 22, 2018 4:40 PM

[quote]The crying child that has become the defining image of President Donald Trump‘s “zero tolerance” border policy was not separated from her parents, a Honduran official told Reuters.

But many others were and are. This particular child is a collective image.

by Anonymousreply 506June 22, 2018 4:42 PM

Poisoned military person will be a good test of the improvements Trump has made at the VA, a top priority that would be addressed "on day one".

by Anonymousreply 507June 22, 2018 4:43 PM

Poisoned military person will be a good test of the improvements Trump has made at the VA, a top priority that would be addressed "on day one".

by Anonymousreply 508June 22, 2018 4:45 PM

Someone in another thread posted that they felt like this whole Zero Tolerance was a setup so they could get away with something worse... so apparently the EO states that they can hold entire families INDEFINITELY.

by Anonymousreply 509June 22, 2018 5:17 PM

Someone in another thread posted that they felt like this whole Zero Tolerance was a setup so they could get away with something worse... so apparently the EO states that they can hold entire families INDEFINITELY.

by Anonymousreply 510June 22, 2018 5:18 PM

Thanks for that R499! I am so glad Yanela (I can stop calling her “crying red jumper girl”) is with her parents! My heart was hurting everytime I saw her little crying face.

NOW, they need to get all the other crying/lost children back to their parents!!

by Anonymousreply 511June 22, 2018 5:33 PM

Thanks for that [R499]! I am so glad Yanela (I can stop calling her “crying red jumper girl”) is with her parents! My heart was hurting everytime I saw her little crying face.

NOW, they need to get all the other crying/lost children back to their parents!!

by Anonymousreply 512June 22, 2018 5:35 PM

Who is Steve Miller's girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 513June 22, 2018 5:38 PM

Stephen Miller was a tape and glue eater in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 514June 22, 2018 5:40 PM

Stephen Miller was a tape and glue eater in elementary school.

by Anonymousreply 515June 22, 2018 5:46 PM

[quote] so apparently the EO states that they can hold entire families INDEFINITELY.

Correct. The Justice Department has filed a request to change the Flores settlement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516June 22, 2018 5:50 PM

He’s such a fucking sociopath. The only person I hear regularly state this in public is Tony Schwartz who would absolutely know.

I went to college with Schwartz’s daughter who is lovely.

by Anonymousreply 517June 22, 2018 6:24 PM

Melania needs some fashion tips per jackets from the lovely Caitlyn who is with companion Sophia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518June 22, 2018 6:36 PM

Holding families indefinitely until he can construct his ovens. Make no mistake, if he gets away with this these people won't be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 519June 22, 2018 6:41 PM

R519, Well in that those people can always demand for deportation then . i am sure DHS will be happy to oblige

by Anonymousreply 520June 22, 2018 6:43 PM

r520, unless Trump argues that it will be better to kill them "humanely" than taking the risk of them trying to sneak into the US again. For Trump's Deplorable demographic this would make total sense. For the rest of us? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 521June 22, 2018 7:04 PM

^ thick and slow. Mentally I mean.

by Anonymousreply 522June 22, 2018 7:06 PM

what do we think of this sudden friendship between Tom Arnold and Cohan?

Arnold claims Cohan will be giving him lots of dirt

i don't know what to believe anymore

by Anonymousreply 523June 22, 2018 7:18 PM

CohEN

by Anonymousreply 524June 22, 2018 7:19 PM

Arnold always seems like he has plenty of dirt of his own r523.

by Anonymousreply 525June 22, 2018 7:19 PM

Don’t believe it r523, only stick with people with a reliable track record.

by Anonymousreply 526June 22, 2018 7:20 PM

I'm grasping at ANYTHING!!

by Anonymousreply 527June 22, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote]unless Trump argues that it will be better to kill them "humanely" than taking the risk of them trying to sneak into the US again. For Trump's Deplorable demographic this would make total sense. For the rest of us? Not so much.

hyperbole

by Anonymousreply 528June 22, 2018 7:40 PM

[quote] I'm grasping at ANYTHING!!

You forgot to sign your post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529June 22, 2018 7:47 PM

R529, LOL. i was watching a video of her in Guardian 's youtube page [the one in which she was crying for illegal immigrants ]. And even Guardian readers who are very liberal are not falling for her drama. Most of them were saying that her tears were actually fake .

by Anonymousreply 530June 22, 2018 7:56 PM

Why would anyone trust anything Cohen had to say?

by Anonymousreply 531June 22, 2018 8:04 PM

[quote]Why would anyone trust anything Cohen had to say?

The people who are grasping at ANYTHING!!

by Anonymousreply 532June 22, 2018 8:09 PM

Not treason related but still a good stab in the eye to Trump: Rhode Island proposing a bill if you want to be on their ballot for President you have to release your tax returns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533June 22, 2018 9:46 PM

BREAKING: Obamacare repeal

With chaos still reigning over Donald Trump's border separation policy, Republicans have decided to exploit the confusion to launch their latest sneak attack on Americans' health care.

Politico reports that top Republicans have released a budget bill that would impose "MASSIVE" new cuts to Medicare and set up another vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act – potentially kicking millions of working families off their health care – all while bypassing any potential filibuster in the Senate.

This bill is Paul Ryan's parting "gift" to Trump and their special interest donors: While they get even richer from the GOP's tax scam, working people and seniors will go broke from rising health care costs and folks with pre-existing conditions could lose their coverage entirely.

by Anonymousreply 534June 22, 2018 10:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535June 22, 2018 10:31 PM

R533, his tax returns are directly related to his treason.

by Anonymousreply 536June 22, 2018 10:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537June 22, 2018 10:32 PM

Now ^THAT is interesting r533! I mean think about it.....when he runs again, will he legally be forced to release them to be on the ballot there? Will the courts uphold that, and if not, on what grounds? Because he’s so unpredictable, would he just run withOUT being on the ballot in RI? And if so, what does that mean for counting electoral votes? If he did challenge it and we think the courts won’t uphold it, could we tie him up in enough courts to screw up the election? I think that is very very very interesting and promising. Head the fucker off at the pass. How many states roughly would be needed to tip the electoral college votes into our favor if he isn’t on each states ballot? Obviously, it depends on which states, but at a minimum, it might not take as many as we think to shit him out.

by Anonymousreply 538June 22, 2018 10:34 PM

[quote]And if so, what does that mean for counting electoral votes?

Rhode Island has 3 electoral college votes, the minimum possible.

But hopefully this will start a trend.

by Anonymousreply 539June 22, 2018 10:36 PM

Shut him out not shit

by Anonymousreply 540June 22, 2018 10:36 PM

This is a disgusting new low, even for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 22, 2018 10:40 PM

I know they have three. But let’s look at the most likely states where we could get this passed. RI, DE, NY, NJ, VT, ME, CA, WA, OR, and possibly IL, PA, MI, and WI.

If just a handful of my above list passed that, it’s bye Felicia!!!!!!

DL Legal Dept Scholars, what are your thoughts on this? I realize this is HIGHLY specialized and likely not your area, but any input here? I think this could be a strong strategy.

by Anonymousreply 542June 22, 2018 10:41 PM

Obamacare should have been repealed long back . Anyway better late than never

by Anonymousreply 543June 22, 2018 10:41 PM

CA alone has 55 electoral votes, I could see them passing Tax Return Requirements in ten minutes flat. Basically, any state that has medicinal/reacreational marijuana is a potential candidate for this. I also forgot to mention Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 544June 22, 2018 10:44 PM

The only thing the article says about the Constitutionality is:

But questions have been raised, as similar proposals bubbled to the surface elsewhere, about the constitutionality of states adopting their own requirements for candidates to get on the federal ballot.

So, is it Constitutional or not? Why wouldn’t it be? All the states have all kinds of differences in their requirements, yes? Please God, let this be a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 545June 22, 2018 10:50 PM

Nobody really knows, r545. It will definitely be challenged and the Supreme Court will make the call, with a likely 5-4 decision that could go either way.

by Anonymousreply 546June 22, 2018 10:53 PM

The bill was already rejected by the House in Rhode Island.....of course the House is controlled by republicans.....and the leader stated outright he has no intention of bringing it to a vote on the House floor regardless of the majority Senate approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 22, 2018 11:25 PM

So, is it Constitutional or not?

Not. The US Constitution sets out the only legal requirements for president. Not Rhode Island, nor even California, are one-state Constitutional Conventions to add or subtract from that.

by Anonymousreply 548June 22, 2018 11:39 PM

California's governor already vetoed legislation forcing presidential candidates to release their tax returns of they want to appear on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 549June 22, 2018 11:49 PM

That's not quite right R548. There is some leeway.

by Anonymousreply 550June 22, 2018 11:50 PM

That right there tells me that the US government has no interest in preventing anything from Trump to ever happen again.

by Anonymousreply 551June 22, 2018 11:52 PM

[quote] That right there tells me that the US government has no interest in preventing anything from Trump to ever happen again.

If by that you mean the DNC, the RNC, and the general bureaucracy we already knew that. They've been fighting tooth and nail since the inauguration. The political class are offended he won without their consent or paying their price.

by Anonymousreply 552June 23, 2018 12:14 AM

The RI House of Representatives is hardly "controlled by Republicans." Rhode Island Democrats are just very iffy. A strong culture of the conservative ethnic union Democrats persists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 23, 2018 12:23 AM

Well this was annoying.

A Friday night and no big stories broke.

by Anonymousreply 554June 23, 2018 3:24 AM

Yeah, no one fired, but Congress is now working independently of Trump, at least today.

I think the border stuff and Melania callousness is just fomenting his minority base

Stock market about to crash. This bullshit about inverse profits rising with debt is a rich people con job.

Cohen with Tom Arnold is priceless

by Anonymousreply 555June 23, 2018 3:36 AM

That base is fomented. Now and forever.

We can’t do anything about the people who vote for Repugs because they are evil.

We can only reach those who are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 556June 23, 2018 4:10 AM

George Will piece telling Republicans to get rid of Trump also quite good

by Anonymousreply 557June 23, 2018 5:59 AM

Every time in the past George Will stated his point of view he would be called a racist nazi. Is he now Plan B after the Tom Arnold debacle?

by Anonymousreply 558June 23, 2018 6:24 AM

Tom Arnold could be paired with Sam Nunberg. They could call the show Meltdown to Treason.

by Anonymousreply 559June 23, 2018 6:27 AM

[quote]That right there tells me that the US government has no interest in preventing anything from Trump to ever happen again.

So what you’re saying is the government will allow everything from Trump to happen? That’s a weird way of saying it, especially with the confusing “ever again” at the end.

by Anonymousreply 560June 23, 2018 8:13 AM

Beto O'Rourke is swaying the Republicans in Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561June 23, 2018 8:37 AM

r539, Rhode Island has 4 electoral votes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 23, 2018 11:57 AM

Nobody cares, r499. Go flick your clit elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 563June 23, 2018 12:00 PM

Well said, r506.

by Anonymousreply 564June 23, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]I know they have three. But let’s look at the most likely states where we could get this passed. RI, DE, NY, NJ, VT, ME, CA, WA, OR, and possibly IL, PA, MI, and WI.

California already passed a similar law last year. It did it to prevent someone like Trump or Bernie Sanders from appearing on the voting ballot without disclosing their Tax Returns.

This is the reason why someone like Bernie Sanders would never run again. Trump is definitely not running again.

by Anonymousreply 565June 23, 2018 12:26 PM

Why isn't the press allowed in those detention centers? What about Amnesty International? All we hear is the FOX News narrative that makes them sound like summer camps and day care centers. And of course the Republican owned media reports of the lamestream media spreading fake news with stock images (when real images are apparently not available for whatever reason).

by Anonymousreply 566June 23, 2018 12:34 PM

R566 because the situation inside must be that bad. They must be afraid the kids might rat them out. God only knows the rampant sexual and psychological abuse going on on those detention centers.

They must be brainwashing those kids before they allow them to speak to the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 567June 23, 2018 12:40 PM

And that is why the administration has to be stopped rather sooner than later. When you can't even fake the intention of transparency you can't be trusted with anyone's welfare.

by Anonymousreply 568June 23, 2018 12:44 PM

We MUST keep asking this question: Where are the girls?

by Anonymousreply 569June 23, 2018 1:10 PM

There really is no bottom for the Deplorables. There is nothing they won't defend.

by Anonymousreply 570June 23, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]George Will piece telling Republicans to get rid of Trump also quite good

Acknowledging that the Republicans in Congress have completely abdicated their responsibility to constrain Trump ("this Vesuvius of mendacities"), he tells everyone to vote for Democrats in the midterms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 23, 2018 1:38 PM

Five months before Nixon would eventually leave office in disgrace over the Watergate scandal, 43% of Americans thought he should be impeached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572June 23, 2018 1:44 PM

I keep wondering what it is that would finally turn Drumpf supporters against their dear Leader. If it comes out that children were sexually abused during his zero tolerance policy, would that do it?

by Anonymousreply 573June 23, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote]I keep wondering what it is that would finally turn Drumpf supporters against their dear Leader. If it comes out that children were sexually abused during his zero tolerance policy, would that do it?

Nope.

They'd first blame the parents and say it was their fault for bringing their kids here. After they had enough of that they would start screeching about Hillary and #pizzagate.

by Anonymousreply 574June 23, 2018 2:18 PM

R573, they also consider these immigrant children to be sub-human. Someone who is not “human” (AKA white) cannot be raped or abused because they are without worth, according to his supporters. And, as the previous poster stated, their abuse is their own fault for coming here “illegally.”

I actually think many of these supporters get off and like seeing this misery and torture. The Deplorables are sick individuals and should be written off. I treat them as I would any cult member or $cientologist at this point. Irredeemable.

Everyone needs to focus on Independents for the elections. Trump’s “base” is Jonestown-ready.

by Anonymousreply 575June 23, 2018 2:22 PM

I forgot to mention half of them will also claim there were never any children and the other half will claim the children were crisis actors.

by Anonymousreply 576June 23, 2018 2:24 PM

They wont care until their medicare/medicaid benefits are cut and their social security is cut.......and even then they'll blame whoever the GOP tells them to blame

by Anonymousreply 577June 23, 2018 2:29 PM

White Deplorables consider Mexicans to be sub-human. They despise them.

They think the Mexicans deserve anything they get because they are "trying to steal our country."

They's like to see Mexicans executed daily.

by Anonymousreply 578June 23, 2018 2:44 PM

I read an interesting factoid a few months ago. The National Enquirer polls its readers weekly and will tailor it's...journalism-adjacent stories...to whatever they're interested in. The author of the piece said that if they were to start running anti-Trump stories, that would be an alarm bell that Trump has completely lost the plot. Given what we know of the relationship between American Media Inc and Trump, I doubt they'd ever be blatantly anti-Trump even if their readership did completely turn. But I have noticed they haven't had any fawning "coverage" for a while.

by Anonymousreply 579June 23, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote]White Deplorables consider Mexicans to be sub-human. They despise them.

Someone explain to me Mexican Deplorables. They too see other Mexicans as sub-human and despite them. Many of them are also not opposed to seeing others executed.

by Anonymousreply 580June 23, 2018 2:50 PM

You're right. Mexican Deplorables look down on "the wetbacks" and would be glad to see them dead and not making the Mexican Deplorables look back.

It's horrible here in Texas. "Well, it's their own fault, coming here illegally. Too bad about their kids."

by Anonymousreply 581June 23, 2018 2:55 PM

R580 a lot of people seemingly have a history of voting against their own interests. Apparently this can be a real thing in Hispanic/Latino communities because a lot of the different groups have prejudices against one another and therefore think the other is the problem and their supporting laws that will get rid of the other.

I don't understand when say those of Mexican descent rally against other Mexicans.

Case in point - I know a guy who is Mexican, his parents were illegal, and he absolutely hates other Mexicans. He loves Drumpf with all his heart (he literally has a poster of Drumpf hanging over the bed that he and his wife share), cheered along when Drumpf said all Mexicans were drug dealers and rapists and believes those in detention centers got what they deserved... despite the fact that his parents came over illegally.

It defies logic.

by Anonymousreply 582June 23, 2018 2:58 PM

*they're

by Anonymousreply 583June 23, 2018 3:01 PM

Its not just Mexicans.....the majority of members of the GOP ALWAYS vote against their own interests......its called propaganda......they live through events and witness it with their own eyes, yet still refuse to place the blame where it belongs....the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 584June 23, 2018 3:05 PM

Yeah, Ive witnessed a lot of Mexicans cheering on the deportations of other Mexicans. When I've tried to ask how they can do that if they're also Mexican, they say, "it's different."

When I point out that to a white person who supports this stuff it's not different... that they're all the same and should be deported... they just brush it off and have nothing to say.

by Anonymousreply 585June 23, 2018 3:11 PM

If only Darwianism worked more reliably and all these Americans—Anglo, Mexican, or whatever—who vote diametrically against their own economic and even biological interests would receive the consequences more rapidly and definitively, or at least before the next election.

by Anonymousreply 586June 23, 2018 3:13 PM

*Darwinianism*. I've been up since 5.

by Anonymousreply 587June 23, 2018 3:14 PM

This was brought home to me in Kansas, r584. Governor Brownback of Kansas did horrible damage to the state, creating massive budget shortfalls, cutting all state services, including education, to the bone, all to pay for massive tax cuts for the wealthy that brought no jobs to the state. He was up for reelection and was running against a moderate Democrat, one who was endorsed by several Republicans.

Brownback was insane and his policies were horrible, causing enormous damage. His opponent was about as far from a "Nancy Pelosi liberal" as you can get and still be a Democrat. And yet Kansans reelected Brownback.

by Anonymousreply 588June 23, 2018 3:15 PM

I hope everyone including the media will just start calling a Nazi, a Nazi and Trump is a Nazi (White Supremacist? fascist pig?).

by Anonymousreply 589June 23, 2018 3:25 PM

R573, I think we just have to accept that there is nothing Trump can do that will turn his supporters against him. Move in from there and be even more vigilant in making sure to get out there vote Democratic this November. You can't reason with Trump supporters. Even when confronted with proof of all his lies, they believe him. Don't waste your time with them, just make your vote count. It's all we can do and it puts the power back into our hands.

by Anonymousreply 590June 23, 2018 3:26 PM

R589 but how would that make a difference to his base? They'd be happy and just start cheering him on louder.

by Anonymousreply 591June 23, 2018 3:26 PM

R590 I disagree. You can use your vote AND not stay quiet and I don't trust anyone who says differently.

by Anonymousreply 592June 23, 2018 3:28 PM

Link to new thread for when this fills up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593June 23, 2018 3:28 PM

Sarah Huckabee Sanders booted out of a restaurant because the owner refused to serve her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 23, 2018 3:46 PM

Tweet of the day on the article about Trump staffers having trouble finding dates:

[quote]Maybe they should try OKKKCupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 23, 2018 3:49 PM

Link to new thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 23, 2018 3:58 PM

Closing

by Anonymousreply 597June 23, 2018 3:58 PM

This

by Anonymousreply 598June 23, 2018 3:59 PM

Thread

by Anonymousreply 599June 23, 2018 3:59 PM

Out.

Link to new thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2018 3:59 PM

[quote]There are of course many more you can check out including Ana Navarro, Sherilyn Ifill, Sarah Kendzior, Chris Hayes, among others.

The late and missed PBS anchor Gwen Ifill was Sheilyn's cousin.

by Anonymousreply 601June 23, 2018 5:03 PM

Link to new thread below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602June 23, 2018 5:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!