Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gallup: Trump Job Approval at 45%, Tying Personal Best

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump's job approval rating averaged 45% in Gallup polling last week, tying his personal high. His previous 45% rating occurred in the first week after he was inaugurated as president.

Improved views of Trump last week may stem from his high-profile meetings with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held early in the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2018 3:23 PM

The Deplorables love any demonstration of cruelty towards our neighbors to the South. His numbers may continue to rise but the midterms will tell the tale.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 10:22 PM

Why people focus on each individual poll I don't know. Nate Silver has a handy tracker that aggregates all the polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 10:32 PM

Yawn. Over half the country still thinks he stinks.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 10:34 PM

Let’s hope his re-enactments of “Sophie’s Choice” at the border fix that.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 10:35 PM

See, you can pick and choose polls based on the headline you want, a new CNN poll released today shows his approval down a couple points at 39%!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 10:35 PM

I feed you polls, you take polls, don't question where come from

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 10:36 PM

I just vomited.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 10:38 PM

it appears Rachel Maddow's fear mongering about OMG HE'S MEETING WITH KIM did not work.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 10:39 PM

Trump consistently has shown he puts American interests first.

And Americans have noticed.

It’s a wonderful thing to have a President who loves his country, as compared to the Muslim America-hater who previously occupied the Oval Office.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 10:40 PM

My fellow Americans are just about the most idiotic collection of deplorables in modern history.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 10:40 PM

The guy lost the popular vote by 3 million votes, he won the electoral college by the slimmest of margins, more than half the country still hates the fat slob, his whore wife, and his plasticized demon seeds 18 months in, and yet Trump and assholes like R8 and R9 think he has some huge mandate to turn the country up side down.

Why is that R8 and R9? Why do you think you voices should be heard more than anyone else's? Oh, I get it, you're white, you're old and you're entitled.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 10:44 PM

Here's to you, R9; I know you understand!

трахать троллей

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 10:47 PM

Why do deplorables keep clearing their cookies? On the other hand, a deplorablock is the most delicious of all blocks.

"Putting American interests first" in a globalized world is an oxymoron. One of your main interests thus far (and also your source of power) has been global dominance in different world regions, not just within the limits of your own country. We'll see how ceding that control for a couple of short-term political points works out for you in the long run. Just don't cry about changing your mind once it's done.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 10:48 PM

That’s horse shit and you know it

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 10:55 PM

R5 is correct. Let's take a look at a poll from today's Electoral-Vote.com. His approval rating is down in each state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 11:48 PM

I hate when Dems point to the popular vote total b/c its just dumb. Trump lost Ca by over 4 million votes. So one state put Clinton over the top in the popular vote total. A state Trump didn't even have a campaign.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2018 12:05 AM

Get bashed, r8. You and every trump supporter will be killed when this is over. Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2018 12:11 AM

Thanks for the link, r15.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]See, you can pick and choose polls based on the headline you want, a new CNN poll released today shows his approval down a couple points at 39%!!!!

Yup, that's why you always look at the aggregated poll tally. It's much less volatile, much less susceptible to sudden shifts.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2018 12:36 AM

Let’s see what other polls the next few weeks

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2018 12:37 AM

I hate assholes like R16 who think Trump winning the moronic deplorable vote in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin and thus giving him the thinnest of electoral wins possible (with the possible help of scumbag Putin and his equally scummy Russian hackers) entitles him to the title of Emperor of the World.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2018 12:43 AM

Not Emperor, but mighty powerful. Regrettably. His judicial appointments alone will reverberate for decades

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2018 12:54 AM

R17 reported to the police.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2018 12:55 AM

I have OP on block, meaning he is a tRump sympathizer or a Dem hater.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Does that make the poll go away, R24?

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2018 12:57 AM

America got the president it deserves.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2018 2:45 AM

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2018 2:47 AM

When you’re polling below jimmy Carter and harry truman, don’t make any long term presidential plans

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Go ahead r23, you deplorable piece of shit. Anyone who supports this fascist regime needs to be killed - including you.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2018 8:29 AM

R29 reported as well. Making death threats ain't funny dude. Not in these times.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2018 12:36 PM

I can not stomach the fact that so many still support Trump.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2018 12:45 PM

Man the United States is a fucked-up country. Trump really ? You decided to put Trump in the position of the most powerful man in the world ? This is what represents the very best of your country ? How can you look at yourself in the mirror ?

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2018 12:57 PM

Thank you r23, you beat me to it.

r17/r29. You wanna talk like that in times like these - be prepared for the consequences. I hope they come knocking at your door.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2018 1:08 PM

Trump didn’t create the deplorables. They were there all the time

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2018 1:24 PM

Funny. A lot of these so called deplorables voted Democrat before.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2018 1:38 PM

On the other hand, Rick Wilson tweets this morning:

Well, well, well.

Who's teacher NOW?

Pollster for one of Trump's most passionate, white-hot, flame-on ride-or-die defenders sends:

"We have about a week before XXXXXXXX bails on Trump. The numbers are THAT bad."

(Wilson has confirmed that it's a member of the Senate and that the number of Xs doesn't relate to the actual name.)

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2018 1:45 PM

Wilson "confirms" a lot of things - much of which turns out to be nothing. How does he still have a following?

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2018 1:47 PM

The way Donald Trump is handling the issue of immigration: Approve 35% Disapprove 62% (CBS News Poll, 6/14-17/18)

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2018 1:50 PM

The way Donald Trump is handling the situation with North Korea: Approve 52% Disapprove 40% (CBS News Poll, 6/14-17/18)

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2018 1:50 PM

The way Donald Trump is handling his job as president: Approve 42% Disapprove 52% (CBS News Poll, 6/14-17/18)

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2018 1:51 PM

Donald Trump changed the electoral map in 2016, but state-by-state polling from Morning Consult suggests that it’s changing back rather quickly.

If you look at Morning Consult’s latest map of Trump’s approval rating, you’ll see it looks a lot more like the 2012 map than the 2016 map. Trump is underwater not just in the three critical swing states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin but also in Iowa and Ohio — two states Obama won that weren’t even remotely close in 2016. Meanwhile, he’s strong in Arizona, Georgia, and Texas, suggesting that Democrats high hopes for riding an anti-Trump backlash to midterm success in those states may be unrealistic.

The only states in which the May 2018 approval map breaks in a serious way from the Obama-Romney map is that Trump is up 5 points in Florida, which Obama won, and up a mere +1 in Utah, which Romney won in a landslide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2018 1:52 PM

R41 - that pretty much looks like the map on election day. - except Florida. Florida was more in swing territory

Just like with the election - the polls were wrong. I don't know how anyone can have much faith in polls at this point when they come to Trump. I don't know if it's people not answering correctly, or if it's just the group that they are choosing to poll.

A part of me just thinks that people aren't answering correctly if they are pro trump - and it's because of people like r17/r29.

They will make their voices known in the voting booth, but they won't do it elsewhere, because of the threats of the likes of r17/r29.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2018 1:57 PM

I am not gonna fall for polling okie dopes again

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2018 1:58 PM

Get Fucked OP. The Country is already mobilizing against him. Trade Wars, Phony "Peace Plans" with N. Korea (which will soon reveal themselves), the DOW plummeting today and more sure to come, State after State seat turning blue. I don't care how many polls you post to make your troll heart glow red. We know the truth and can see it happening.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2018 2:03 PM

Well, it's Gallup, so it's questionable.

But seriously, how fucked up is this country when nearly half the population actually supports this pathologically lying criminally corrupt incompetent monster?

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2018 2:04 PM

R42, the polls were actually right. The election was stolen. How can you not get this by now?

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2018 2:05 PM

R46 - no, they weren't. As someone who voted in a swing state that turned red. Those polls were dead wrong.

I knew it going into Election Day, there was NO WAY Clinton was "ahead by nearly 10 points" but thats what the polls "showed"

yet whenever I mentioned anything here weeks before the election how things seemed extremely off - I was labeled a "Concerned Troll"

Keep lying to yourself - but it won't help in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2018 2:20 PM

Yes, they were right. You apparently haven't kept up with the news.

The election was stolen. You can live in denial all you want.

Keep lying to yourself.

Trump is illegitimate and did not win.

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2018 2:22 PM

Please provide a valid link that states the actual votes were hacked making Trump president - provide a real link. Because even Jill Steins "recount" showed that Trump won in the states she contested.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2018 2:25 PM

No, it didn't, R49. The attempt in Michigan couldn't even be started because the votes were thrown out and disrupted and un-auditable.

You really are a gullible tool, believing the bullshit you're fed, when the truth is so fucking obvious.

You think 3 states shifted by exactly the same percentage point at the very last minute like that?

There is AMPLE evidence that the election was stolen. Nobody, including you, wants to admit it, or even look at it squarely, because of what it would mean.

You're a coward.

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2018 2:28 PM

Valid link r50 or STFU..

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2018 2:50 PM

If you focus on the things going well, it's easy to feel like he's doing an ok job - the economy (for which he shouldn't be getting credit but is), North Korea (no war)...

And if you're economically insecure, or older and watching Fox News all the time, you're probably very happy with how he's treating illegal immigrants.

It's easy to slip into something like complacency or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2018 3:02 PM

Go Trump! Trump 2020!

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2018 3:04 PM

DL From 2016

Datalounge in DENIAL About Donald Trump Winning Presidency

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2018 3:05 PM

I think the proper attitude right now is cautious optimism, but not overconfidence. The point is to galvanize and actually work to get our voters out in November.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2018 3:09 PM

Generic ballot - Dems up 8% - not bad. Better than the last couple weeks for sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2018 3:21 PM

R50?

I'm still waiting..

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2018 3:40 PM

What is the trend?

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2018 12:53 AM

I guess R23 was quite serious about reporting r17..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2018 9:11 PM

Oh look, his approval rating in gallup has plummeted. Don't suppose the Trump trolls will bother start threads about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Nice bro

by Anonymousreply 61June 25, 2018 6:19 PM

Still...

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2018 6:21 PM

SUPPORT FOR DONALD TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT IS HIGHER THAN HIS APPROVAL RATING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2018 6:38 PM

What a difference a week makes.

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2018 6:40 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2018 6:49 PM

It figures, R65. The economy is all people end up caring about.

by Anonymousreply 66June 25, 2018 7:42 PM

The economy is MOSTLY what MOST people care about. They don't interact with Trump on a personal basis, and particular policies affect people particularly.

But we're reaching (or at) a point where most will not blame the Democrats for a poor economy. 2019-2020 it'll be mostly pinned on Trump (appropriately or not), and if he gets a second term (god forbid) it'll be at least almost all pinned on him. Actually, all, since unlike Obama's more tepid backpatting about the economic gradual improvement, Trump is putting EVERYTHING on HIMSELF.

by Anonymousreply 67June 25, 2018 8:05 PM

Of course, Trump has done NOTHING to help this economy. This is all the doing of Obama and the Dems.

Trump walks in and takes credit for it just after he called it a fake economy before his election.

by Anonymousreply 68June 25, 2018 8:43 PM

R66, Gore lost although he was part of Clinton's economy. Hillary lost even though she was part of Obama's economy.

Elections are not all about the economy IF you can change the subject.

by Anonymousreply 69June 25, 2018 8:44 PM

Russia hacked the voting machines. Trump cheated,

by Anonymousreply 70June 25, 2018 8:47 PM

Stop bumping this garbage. Make new threads that reflect the truth. Trump does not have a 45% approval rating.

by Anonymousreply 71June 25, 2018 8:49 PM

And deplorables Penny and Petunia Pearlclutcher who called the police are ridiculous. The posters above did not directly threaten Trump or his ilk. They said simply that they need to be killed/will be killed, and they didn't specify who would be doing the much-needed deed or how it would be done. Presumably it could be due to a recreation of the MAGA-celebrated era when there was a death penalty for treason. No doubt a large number of Americans would applaud the result, given how many deaths DJT's enacted policies have created. The police probably responded to R23 in the same way that they did to this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 25, 2018 9:52 PM

I ❤️ President Trump!!

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2018 10:00 PM

SPLAT!!

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2018 10:14 PM

Trumps low approval rating isn’t the really stunning thing. It’s what everyone focuses on but there’s an even more significant number.

Trump is tied with Jimmy Carter at present, the least popular first term president in modern times. (Til now!) But Carter’s disapproval rating was about the same as his approval, about 42% more or less. Trump’s disapproval rating is about ten points HIGHER than his approval rating. Which is basically off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 75June 25, 2018 10:24 PM

The only people who could possibly approve of Trump's handling of the economy are brain-dead morons who know nothing about the economy or economics.

Seriously, what the fuck? He's TRASHING it and paving the way towards a huge economic collapse. Anything good going on right now is purely due to left-over momentum from Obama's economy.

by Anonymousreply 76June 25, 2018 10:27 PM

What matters is how it is in November, R76, not some future date.

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2018 10:33 PM

At this point, I'm afraid free and fair elections will be completely gone before November.

by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2018 11:05 PM

Only 3 months from now?

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2018 1:15 AM

[quote] R76: The only people who could possibly approve of Trump's handling of the economy are brain-dead morons who know nothing about the economy or economics. Seriously, what the fuck? He's TRASHING it and paving the way towards a huge economic collapse. Anything good going on right now is purely due to left-over momentum from Obama's economy.

The people who approve of Trump's handling of the economy are racists and other degenerates who approve because they [italic] want [/italic] to approve. Facts be damned. Everything bad is Obana’s fault, perhaps Pres. Clinton’s fault; and everything good is due to Trump.

Of course, they could be Foxwashed. Falsehoods there are peddled as facts and they drill that into the heads of their viewership. I can’t blame their viewers for being Foxwashed, though I do blame them for tuning into the station in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2018 10:29 AM

R73 I ❤️ President Trump!! ≠ Melania Trump

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2018 10:52 AM

[QUOTE]Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Plummets Back Down to 41%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2018 11:02 AM

R82, 41% isn't that much "down". Gallup had him at 36% at one point, so if he's in the 40's he's up overall.

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2018 1:09 PM

I think “Plummet” is an exaggeration to describe the drop, but it dropped significantly.

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2018 1:21 PM

The mid-terms will be one story. Tax season 2019 will be another. When the simple-minded masses figure out he has f*cked the average middle-class taxpayer and eliminated critical tax deductions they will be out for blood.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2018 2:33 PM

Not really. They vote based on culture

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2018 2:39 PM

42.3% aggregate now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2018 2:44 PM

[quote] Not really. They vote based on culture

Agreed. Except I think a small portion of Trump's support comes from Deplorables who believe he will enrich "real" Americans and disadvantage others. When the quality of life of that small portion declines precipitously they will grudgingly move to a candidate who advocates for the "working" class.

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2018 3:26 PM

RCP average shows about the same, R87.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2018 11:42 PM

Is that alternative math, R83?

by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2018 11:58 PM

R90 it’s equal opportunit math

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2018 12:01 AM

Whatever it is, it's too damn high!

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2018 12:58 AM

In related news 41% of Americans support Cheeto's impeachment, just a point above public support of impeaching Nixon in August 74.

So the news isn't all bad.

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2018 1:02 AM

Going down that far in one week is, indeed, a plummet.

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2018 1:37 AM

nonsense. hes a useless stooge with no talent other than self promotion.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2018 2:01 AM

The best thing about that link at R87 is the comparison to past presidents. He's at Gerald Ford levels. And his highest approval numbers are still below the lowest approval numbers of all the others this far into their administrations. If you compare him so far to the others over 4/8 years, he's still below Obama and Clinton's lowest. He's higher than Bush II after the economy crashed, so there's something.

by Anonymousreply 96June 27, 2018 2:10 AM

R24 Then how did you find this thread?

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2018 3:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!