Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gallup: Trump Approval Rating Plummets Back Down to 41%

[QUOTE]The drop comes after a week of outrage over his immigration policy that prosecutes anyone who illegally crosses the southern border. More than 2,000 migrant children were separated from their parents, leading to bipartisan backlash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2018 1:57 AM

I cant believe its that high, not after all the shit he has done....that many americans still like him???? good god

by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2018 11:18 AM

Keep plummeting, please. How much longer must we endure this nightmare?

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2018 11:22 AM

The tariffs are starting to bite as well (see Harley Davidson moving part of its production to Europe) so that's nice. He's now fighting the EU, Mexico, Canada, China, and India on that front. There's no way that won't result in further job losses and lower GDP, and lower approval down the line.

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2018 11:27 AM

There were Republican idiots who in thought Watergate was no big deal and thought Nixon should not have resigned.

Check the lyrics to "Sweet Home Alabama."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2018 11:36 AM

More Americans want to impeach Trump than approve of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2018 11:45 AM

R1 The shocking part isn’t the average approval rating. It’s the approval of Republicans:

“Trump's numbers among Republicans remain strong (90% approval last week, 87% this week) and his numbers among Democrats remain dismal (10% approval last week, 5% this week).”

He could literally order a mass incarceration/internment of US citizens and retain hgh majority approval among Republican partisans. He could incrementally amp that up to a genocide and retain majority Republican approval, and if you reject that reality, I’d argue you’re part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2018 11:46 AM

He can’t win re-election with those numbers. Give us a good, inspirational candidate who can drive Dem turnout numbers and peel off just 5% of those Republicans. Then Trump’s goose is cooked. We take Pennsylvania and Wisconsin back in 2020 and he’s finished.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2018 11:52 AM

VOTE, and win the midterms

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2018 11:55 AM

“He can’t win re-election with those numbers.“

A lobbyist I work with told me to go home and have a drink on election night because “it’s literally impossible for Trump to win at this point.”

Some people never learn.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2018 11:56 AM

Trump really is just the symptom of the disease of cultural sociopathology.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2018 12:00 PM

87% of people who identify as republicans. That number is shrinking too.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2018 12:00 PM

R9 that lobbyist was a moron and his statement is in no way related to mine.

by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2018 12:10 PM

Hillary has 98% chance of winning! I’m with Her!

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2018 12:14 PM

In an election untainted by Russian interference.

by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2018 12:15 PM

[quote]I cant believe its that high, not after all the shit he has done....that many americans still like him????

25% deplorables built right in, its not hard to wrangle up another 16% — mostly from republicans loyal to the party’s candidate despite everything.

Remember though it’s unheard of to have a newly elected president with an approval of only 41%. That’s as low as Carter in the late 70s. Hell, that’s LOWER.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2018 12:28 PM

Trump will not be running against Hillary Clinton again. And James Comey won’t be there to help him. The Russians can only do so much (which is why Putin can’t be pleased with his puppet’s performance at home).

2020 will have nothing to do with 2016. Stop comparing them.

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2018 12:35 PM

Some fucking eldergay on DL, fifty years from now: "I still remember what the polls said in 2016..."

Eugh.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2018 12:38 PM

R17 Will Princess George be Queen then?

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2018 12:45 PM

r18 Of course, and his same-sex wedding is going to be THE greatest DL event ever, surpassing even 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2018 12:49 PM

[quote]25% deplorables built right in, its not hard to wrangle up another 16% — mostly from republicans loyal to the party’s candidate despite everything.

They are Republicans who are very happy about the tax cut and are indifferent to the border situation. It's not about loyalty, it's about getting what they had hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2018 2:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2018 4:49 PM

Yep r21. Trump's approval rating has been very steady around 42% for nearly two months.

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2018 5:14 PM

Left off the 538 link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote] R6: He could literally order a mass incarceration/internment of US citizens and retain hgh majority approval among Republican partisans.

But they’re only bad people, R6!

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2018 8:49 PM

Yeah his approval rating among Republicans compared to Independents and Dems boggle the mind.

The right truly lives in their own universe.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2018 8:51 PM

R25: But the instance you put that out, they scream LIBURL MEDIA and accuse of us being in a bubble. Oh projection, thy name is Republican.

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2018 8:52 PM

I blame it on Fox. People watch it and don’t know it’s a farce.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2018 8:53 PM

He can easily plummet to or around the mid-30s within the next year or two. Beyond that (low 30s, or 20s?) I don't know. Hard to tell with the Republicans so solidly and disturbingly behind him.

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2018 9:08 PM

He has been in the mid-30s before. Never lower than that. That might be his basement.

Even Nixon had a 24% approval when he resigned, and we seem more partisan now.

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2018 9:17 PM

How this complete waster of oxygen and space has an approval rating above single-digit level is unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2018 9:43 PM

[QUOTE]He has been in the mid-30s before. Never lower than that. That might be his basement.

With this economy, I think his new basement is 40% now.

by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2018 3:14 AM

[quote]They are Republicans who are very happy about the tax cut and are indifferent to the border situation. It's not about loyalty, it's about getting what they had hoped for.

It’s about loyalty. Your average republican isn’t bringing home bank because of the rich man’s tax cut. And your average republican DOES realize what an asshole Trump can be. They support him because he’s being attacked by liberals and that’s the ONLY reason.

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Tribalism

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2018 3:40 AM

He is up a point in today's poll

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2018 7:31 PM

I don't think Repubs approve of Shiter as much as they approve of the out-in-the open bigotry and racism the he symbolizes.

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2018 7:48 PM

I can’t bring myself to root against the economy, but it will keep Trump from falling below 40% so long as it’s doing this well.

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2018 8:46 PM

My investments haven't grown in 6 months, because of the instability of the market.

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2018 9:45 PM

After it becomes widely known that we actually got nothing from the North Koreans, I hope Trump’s approval shrinks.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2018 9:56 PM

All we can do is work to keep his ceiling low. Don’t let him get above 45%. Make sure people in public overhear you sounding like a Mary over the things he’s done. We can’t let him become normal.

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2018 10:12 PM

Next week he meets with NATO. That will be something to see as he once again pouts like a toddler in a corner and try’s to browbeat the adults in the room.

He is a total Fascist - a totally fucking stupid piece of shit- but a Fascist none the less.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2018 10:58 PM

The asshole even has "asshole" written all over his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 3, 2018 1:25 AM

And Dems can't beat that?

by Anonymousreply 42July 3, 2018 1:59 AM

That's bullshit. I doubt his approval rating is higher than 40 % I'd say around 38. And just wait until the cost of goods rises as a result of trade wars, and jobs are cut, people get laid off, etc. cost of living rises, a lot of shit is going to hit the fan in about 4-6 months.

by Anonymousreply 43July 3, 2018 2:11 AM

^ Agree.

40% is inflated. It just sounds soooo much better than 38 or 39% even though it's only 1 - 2 percent more, kind of like the psychology behind $1.99 versus $2.00. The Repubs don't want the number 3 as the first digit of his approval ratings. So they bumped it up a point or two. He's in the 30's, and quite possibly high 30's, but still in the 30's. Once it hits the deplorables in the pocketbook it will drop even lower.

by Anonymousreply 44July 3, 2018 2:18 AM

You would think that you'd learned your lessons after the presidential election. They look pretty good! MAGA! Say hello to President Trump 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 3, 2018 2:21 AM

[QUOTE]And just wait until the cost of goods rises as a result of trade wars, and jobs are cut, people get laid off, etc. cost of living rises, a lot of shit is going to hit the fan in about 4-6 months.

Some have been predicting this for a while now and it hasn’t happened yet.

The fact is that these countries have been screwing us on trade and slapping tariffs on our products already.

by Anonymousreply 46July 3, 2018 2:21 AM

No, they haven’t

by Anonymousreply 47July 3, 2018 2:25 AM

You would think that you'd learned your lesson since the election, Auntie, dear. Well, except for the fact that you're a singularly obtuse troll. You had to pick Rasmussen because no other pollster is so kind to Trump, of course. His approval rating is, alas for you and for him, at historically low levels. See you in November and again in 2020. I really don't think you're going to like what's going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 48July 3, 2018 2:40 AM

R48 Still trusts CNN, Time and HuffPo after the trouncing Hillary got during the election. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 49July 3, 2018 2:43 AM

R49 still trusts Rasmussen after they got things so badly wrong in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 50July 3, 2018 2:50 AM

😂 What trouncing did Hillary get? The one where 3 million more Americans voted for her?

by Anonymousreply 51July 3, 2018 2:52 AM

R51 Oh I missed the part where she is president

by Anonymousreply 52July 3, 2018 2:59 AM

Auntie, dear, if R51 had intended to say that Clinton was President, he probably would have said something like that. He didn't. I'm afraid that, as is the case with your predictions and your assertions, your reading comprehension is dreadfully inaccurate.

by Anonymousreply 53July 3, 2018 3:01 AM

[quote]A lobbyist I work with told me to go home and have a drink on election night because “it’s literally impossible for Trump to win at this point.”

Impossible…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 3, 2018 4:14 AM

Fuck off, R54.

by Anonymousreply 55July 3, 2018 4:18 AM

R51 writes,

[quote]What trouncing did Hillary get? The one where 3 million more Americans voted for her?

Hillary Clinton won “the dynamic place.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 3, 2018 4:24 AM

Donald Trump is doing a remarkable job

by Anonymousreply 57July 3, 2018 4:30 AM

Notttt

by Anonymousreply 58July 3, 2018 12:07 PM

Trump’s disapproval ratings are what’s really astonishing.

by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2018 12:17 PM

But his 42 percent are so active, loud, and zealous they seem like 70%, especially on call-in and political shows. Trumpists flood CSPAN callin shows. I always wonder why liberals are so absent from a lot of callin shows. Lack of zeal?

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2018 12:20 PM

R57 yes, people are remarking about the job he's doing every day. And the remarks aren't good. BTW: How come I'm seeing very little reporting on the fact that the Dutch Prime Minister told Trump off to his face during their photo op? LOLOL!

by Anonymousreply 61July 3, 2018 12:44 PM

Here is what a lot of you fail to consider with your optimistic predictions about Trump winning in 2020, and even now. There is a lot of anxiety out here. Even among the MAGA voters. They are scared. They are worried about their future. Healthcare, Social Security, Medicare. All legitimate. They're worried about job security. They are worried about affordable housing. Those things affect everyone.

And Trump is, with a lot of help from Congress, fucking up everything. These trade wars were not necessary. The tariffs were unnecessary. He could have lied since his base believes him. He could have said since he got elected things have improved and he is responsible for the improvements. He could even introduce the TPP under another name. He could keep Obamacare tweak it a tiny bit and call it something else.

My point is there is no reason for him to induce anxiety, and ruin our economy and weaken our country. He actually could have moved slightly towards the center and more people would put up with his buffoonish behavior. But he is mentally unstable, he is a authoritarian narcissist, and he is dangerous. He uses threats as a form of negotiation. In any political party there are factions. If all of them help you get elected, then you appease them, reward them. But you cannot satisfy everyone all the time, and he has yet to test the limits of his supporters. He has never said no to them. He panders and grovels like he's in an S &M scenario.

by Anonymousreply 62July 3, 2018 1:51 PM

Auntie OP is brain dead. I can forgive people for voting for Trump. But to support him even now? Nope. Brain dead is the only way to describe it.

by Anonymousreply 63July 3, 2018 2:15 PM

R35 nails it. They are wallowing in it, like pigs in shit. Republicans are going to have to decide patriotism or racism, you can't do both and call yourself an American. The ones who don't leave the party, well their choice is obvious.

Let's see what happens to the Repug machine when the real estate guy pulls out of NATO followed by a big thumbs up to the annexation of Crimea (which gives tacit approval for Russian expansion into Ukraine and the Baltic republics.) Ms. Vlad knows Russia cannot continue as a "world power" with its declining economy and population. They need territory because 'oops' splitting up the old Soviet Union didn't work out so well for them. Smartest bitch in the room Hillary would have presided over the nails being drilled into Russia's vodka soaked coffin and he knew it. He put real estate guy in for this reason. Just wait until he starts tweeting about giving back Alaska because "you know it used to be part of Russia anyway".

by Anonymousreply 64July 3, 2018 2:19 PM

I agree with R35 too. Absolutely. It will be interesting to see how that affects their judgment when shit hits the fan with the economy...and it will...

by Anonymousreply 65July 3, 2018 2:21 PM

[quote]President Trump’s job approval rating improved by five points during the establishment media’s manufactured outrage over Trump continuing the Obama administration’s policy of separating illegal alien adults from children at the border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 3, 2018 2:30 PM

The chocolate ration has been raised 10%

by Anonymousreply 67July 3, 2018 2:36 PM

It's going to drop even lower when people see through his bullshit and know he was played by North Korea.

He is going to deny it completely, calling reports fake news and fuck it up even more.

by Anonymousreply 68July 3, 2018 3:52 PM

North Korea was never going to be more than a photo op for both of them. Li'l Kim loves celebrities, and that's how he views Trump. And Trump reaching out to NK fits right in to Putin's plans. Our media are the dupes. They treated it as real you know? Like when a real President does something. But it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 69July 3, 2018 4:07 PM

With the cutoff dates July 1, 2010 vs. 2018, Barack Obama was at 45 percent and Donald Trump at 42 percent, according to Gallup.

This is positive for the opposition party for midterm elections.

This did not stop Obama from getting re-elected in 2012 and, given what has become of the inept and corporate Democratic Party Establishment, it won’t stop re-election in 2020 for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 70July 3, 2018 4:09 PM

I ageee, and gerrymandering is historically tilted toward Repubs so it takes utterly abysmal numbers to change Congress

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2018 4:56 PM

R64 writes,

[quote]They are wallowing in it, like pigs in shit. Republicans are going to have to decide patriotism or racism, you can't do both and call yourself an American.

So, how long ago did you move to the United States?

by Anonymousreply 72July 3, 2018 9:42 PM

[quote]BTW: How come I'm seeing very little reporting on the fact that the Dutch Prime Minister told Trump off to his face during their photo op? LOLOL!

When did this happen? What did the PM say?

by Anonymousreply 73July 3, 2018 10:31 PM

R73, Trump said it would be good if the NATO leaders agree, and good if they don’t agree (“No!”). The Dutch PM interjected. Trump kept speaking, yet saying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 74July 4, 2018 1:45 AM

I'm bumping this thread because the fuckers are insisting they will ignore the judge's deadline and they are finger printing and getting DNA tests and now they want to have all the asylum seekers fill out a new 32 page form before they will reunite children with parents. What's still going on with the immigration crisis ICE etc. on our borders is a fucking disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2018 1:50 PM

What was that whole bit about Elizabeth Warren where he would "throw a DNA test at her"? And then he somehow linked it to #MeToo. Honestly, the entire thing made no sense at all. He seemed high on something during that.

by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2018 2:20 PM

He was "joking" at his rally. He has started a variation on his Birther argument with Obama, this time using the whole "Pocahontas" narrative saying Warren is a phony native American and hey lets give her a DNA test too to see if she really is a Native American. It's pretty fucking ugly, and it's very ominous when correctly placed in the Alt Right Neo Nazi Gestapo/ICE context. He threw in the #metoo reference because he said we "have to be careful how we get her DNA because of #metoo." Which I found offensive and gross. I've read Trump jokes about #metoo in private a lot.

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2018 3:52 PM

Yes, the pathological liar divider-in-chief is bringing up the possibility (a possibility I seriously doubt) that Elizabeth Warren used the "Native American" card to get into a good school. But Trump's father had to offer Wharton a sizeable donation in order for Trump to get accepted. And he knows that. He was initially rejected out of high school and after attending Fordham U for two years and barely making a 2.0 average he was again rejected by Wharton. Until his father made a large donation. Then he was accepted.

So he was only admitted to Wharton because his father had the money to throw at the school. Some of his professors came forward a year or so ago and said that they hated him and couldn't wait to get him the hell out of there. They said he rarely showed up to the lectures, made up his own rules, paid professionals to write his papers and possibly cheated on exams, although they had no proof of the latter. They said he graduated by the skin of his teeth. They also said he was not memorable in a good way.

If it weren't for his father's connections and wealth Trump would be a college dropout, not a college graduate. He's illiterate. Technically, he does not have a college education. So he has some fucking nerve going after EW for using her Native American heritage to get into a good school.

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2018 10:11 PM

Still at 41%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 12, 2018 1:11 PM

^ Only 56% Disapprove? I don't believe it. It's higher than that.

by Anonymousreply 80July 12, 2018 9:20 PM

It is INSANE that 4 out of 10 Americans think this ignorant traitor and Russian criminal is doing a good job!!?? Unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 81July 12, 2018 10:53 PM

Up until a year ago I was never able to figure out how Hitler came to power. Now I know. I never thought I would learn the *real* answer to that question, to exactly how that could happen. But here I am.

by Anonymousreply 82July 12, 2018 11:00 PM

Shit like this is what keeps his numbers suppressed.

Thank you, Brits, for not giving him a warm welcome and helping to normalize this clod.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 14, 2018 5:46 PM

Just remember, that he has NEVER had the approval of a majority of the country, his entire time in office. NEVER. And, except for the first two weeks following his small-crowd inauguration, his disapproval numbers have been consistently higher than his approval numbers. Even in those first 14 days, the difference between approval and disapproval was only a few points. Once the disapproval numbers took off in mid-March 2017 they have been as high as 20 points above the approval numbers and have only been as close as 9-10 points.

Those are fairly dismal numbers. In the last 73 years, no other president has matched his horrible overall numbers -- except for Gerald Ford, who was an anomaly, having never been elected in his own right. And even his numbers were not as bad as Trump's.

And, it bears repeating for our MAGA supporters and friends from St. Petersburg:

[quote] [bold] tRump has NEVER had the approval of a majority of the country [/bold]

Re-posting 538's poll tracker for convenience sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 14, 2018 6:23 PM

he's the worst president ever, and that is saying A LOT

by Anonymousreply 85July 14, 2018 6:30 PM

Worse than Harding?

by Anonymousreply 86July 14, 2018 6:40 PM

Yes, worse than Harding. Harding and few others mostly (but not exclusively) in the mid- and late-19th century were dolts and venal, but they were not traitors to their country. Some were dopes, some were in well over their heads, and some allowed the corruption to flourish around them -- like Grant and Harding. Hell, Nixon was a crook and GW Bu$h was a cheat. But none of them ever sunk to depths to which tRump has descended.

Worst. pResident. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 87July 14, 2018 7:39 PM

At least Harding had the good sense to die in office.

by Anonymousreply 88July 14, 2018 8:14 PM

Hell, even the Russians don't like him. He's more disliked there than here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 14, 2018 8:58 PM

He’s a chump

by Anonymousreply 90July 14, 2018 9:01 PM

FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

by Anonymousreply 91July 14, 2018 9:08 PM

Trump makes George W. Bush look like a fucking genius by comparison. I really miss President Obama, but Trump makes me miss W! (I never thought I would get the point that I could miss W...)

by Anonymousreply 92July 15, 2018 7:05 PM

Nothing could make me miss George W. Bush.

by Anonymousreply 93July 15, 2018 7:29 PM

Bush and friends killed at least a million people, gave rise to ISIL, crashed the economy, and campaigned on homophobia, but hey at least he didn't insult John McCain!

by Anonymousreply 94July 15, 2018 7:32 PM

Trump blames the Democrats and the "fake news" media for his problems with Russia. But he loves Putin.

by Anonymousreply 95July 16, 2018 1:41 PM

He is up to 43% today on Gallup.

by Anonymousreply 96July 16, 2018 8:33 PM

Is that poll accurate? There may be some Americans who are burying their heads in the sand because they haven't been paying attention all along and the truth is just too horrible and impossible for them to bear now that it is coming to light. This is who they "held their nose" and voted for - a traitor. Not that I feel any pity for them now.

by Anonymousreply 97July 16, 2018 9:11 PM

put that poll doesn't reflect today. By Wednesday he will be back down to like 35%

by Anonymousreply 98July 16, 2018 9:58 PM

What exactly do they approve of? He's done FUCKALL and the little he has accomplished can only be celebrated by spiteful, ignorant, hateful bastards.

by Anonymousreply 99July 16, 2018 10:04 PM

He is getting reamed across the board for his Helsinki misadventure.

Back to the 30s!

by Anonymousreply 100July 16, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote] What exactly do they approve of?

He is a white man

by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2018 10:59 PM

r98 it is an average taken over a week of interviews.

by Anonymousreply 102July 16, 2018 11:13 PM

Hillary now has 99%. Han e of winning! hillary 2020!

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2018 1:03 AM

*yawn* Can't you troll any better than that, R103?

Back on topic: always look for the poll aggregate, not individual polls. The poll aggregate has basically been staying steady at 43% on RCP and 42% on 538 for the past couple of months. As to what it will take to get the deplorables to abandon him, if there is such a thing, I sure can't think of it.

by Anonymousreply 104July 17, 2018 2:45 AM

No other US president has ever sided with a foreign enemy against the United States. He has committed High Crimes and Misdemeanors and should be removed from office asap.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2018 2:54 AM

R103 is off her meds. Fingers slipping off the keyboard

by Anonymousreply 106July 17, 2018 3:15 AM

[quote]He's done FUCKALL and the little he has accomplished can only be celebrated by spiteful, ignorant, hateful bastards.

According to fucksnews he’s invented the wheel and established world peace.

by Anonymousreply 107July 17, 2018 3:16 AM

r105 ahem

by Anonymousreply 108July 17, 2018 3:18 AM

R105 ahem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 17, 2018 3:21 AM

He’s a piece of shit. Why isn’t his approval rating -1000%?

by Anonymousreply 110July 17, 2018 3:22 AM

Because his followers think that anyone who pisses "libtards" off like this must be good.

by Anonymousreply 111July 17, 2018 3:23 AM

Is that where we are r111?

by Anonymousreply 112July 17, 2018 3:55 AM

I'm not R111, but it is where we are. I had some friend from college challenge me on FB for calling what Trump did "treason." He said -- and I quote:

[quote] those people say the same thing about you. It’s time for both sides to stop being so ignorant to each other and return to civil discourse. This is America and we were built on freedom of speech.

I came back at him with guns blazing. Don't give me that "both sides" false-equivalence bullshit or that ridiculous "freedom of speech" nonsense when what you want is the freedom to perpetuate any ridiculous nonsensical theory that suits your narrative, while willfully ignoring arguments based on facts and evidence.

So, yeah. That's where we are. One side spews discredited crap about Hillary and Obama as their answer to EVERYTHING, while we are trying to move the country based on science, evidence, and provable facts.

by Anonymousreply 113July 17, 2018 4:24 AM

^ It is impossible to reason with irrational, unreasonable people.

by Anonymousreply 114July 17, 2018 4:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 18, 2018 2:06 PM

R82 writes,

[quote]Trump makes George W. Bush look like a fucking genius by comparison. I really miss President Obama, but [bold]Trump makes me miss W![/bold] (I never thought I would get the point that I could miss W...)

That’s the position of the pro-Hillary/anti-Bernie “Democrats.”

You and the corrupt, corporate, Democratic Party Establishment would get along well.

by Anonymousreply 116July 20, 2018 3:46 AM

Interesting to compare the apples to apples numbers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 20, 2018 4:27 AM

Barack Obama was dealing with a monumental economic crisis brought on by his predecessor and a hostile rightwing that blamed it on him and did everything they could to make it worse. You can’t compare their numbers. Had Barack come into office with this economy, he’d be in the 60’s right now.

by Anonymousreply 118July 20, 2018 1:22 PM

R116, fuck off and die in a grease fire you dumb fucking Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 119July 23, 2018 9:05 PM

R116 What are you talking about?

I think you either misinterpreted my R82 post or meant to reply to a different poster.

by Anonymousreply 120July 23, 2018 10:15 PM

I'm surprised that the numbers have remained so steady over the past week. I figured his European tour disaster and that dreadful press conference with Putin would have made the approval number move down below 41 percent. But it hasn't. His supporters really are unhinged and not occupying anything approximating the real world.

by Anonymousreply 121July 24, 2018 1:53 AM

And, here's a recent article about his numbers. Good among Rethugs, horrendous as far as the rest of us are concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2018 1:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!