Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul Drag Race Season 10 Thread IV

The final five

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601June 23, 2018 2:55 AM

Preview of this weeks ep, featuring Cheyenne Jackson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2018 10:17 PM

Sorry girl, you're not even good enough for Vegas:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2018 6:14 AM

Bob the Drag Queen drags Azealia Banks after she trashes Ru and Monet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2018 8:14 AM

Tonight's definitely Kameron's third and final lipsync, right?

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2018 11:01 PM

I love Bob r3.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2018 11:06 PM

I love him too. He's so talented and natural.

by Anonymousreply 6June 7, 2018 11:09 PM

Oof. Bummer shantay tonight.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2018 1:29 AM

Good decision tonight!

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2018 1:30 AM

Kameron or Cracker?

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2018 1:31 AM

I’m devastated.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2018 1:35 AM

What is all that crap on Aquaria’s face supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2018 1:41 AM

Kameron should’ve gone home weeks ago. Filler Queen.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2018 1:55 AM

Has Lena Dunham redeemed herself with DL? She was kind of delightful.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2018 1:56 AM

I wonder why Ashanti didn’t kiki with the queens on Untucked

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2018 2:40 AM

Kameron's third time lynching, Cracker's first, can't believe Ru kept Kameron.

Sure he probably won the lip sync, but it was close enough Cracker could have stayed instead. I've been disappointed by Cracker this season but I am so uninspired by Kameron. He gives me no "star power".

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2018 2:43 AM

[quote]Has Lena Dunham redeemed herself with DL? She was kind of delightful.

She acquitted herself well, but Ashanti did even better IMO. They were good guest judges.

I still have flashbacks to Miles robotic nothingness, he was an iconic guest judge for all the wrong reasons.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2018 2:46 AM

I wish Asia would just STFU. She yammers on just as much as Eureka. She acts like she invented drag. And as someone who hasn't lit the competition on fire, she has little room to offer her critique on the other queens.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2018 4:35 AM

Come on RU. This was Asia's win, not only were her looks great, her evil twin was named North Korea and beautifully darkly presented and she was the only one to tear her own self apart the way you damn well said you wanted. RuPaul is on every reviewers last nerve this season. He's high as fuck and way too high on himself without the note of self mockery anymore. Still the challenge was a good one and Eureka and Aquaria were edited as winners. Ms. Eureka sure does understand proportinalizing. Bitch knows how to dress herself. No big queen has ever presented so many different and attractive looks. She's smart too, her monologue was second best to Asia's. I have no fucking idea why Aquaria won that challenge. Of course Kameron won't make top 3 but I damn well wished he didn't make top 4. He really is a great makeup artist but it's still a man Maury. I'll miss hot little rickett ridden deformed Miz Cracker. Cute lil bug and future All Star.

STOP with the force fed amatuer physchology RuPaul. He appears to want to exploit the queens more than mentor them. Rehab yourself.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2018 4:44 AM

*psychology

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2018 4:55 AM

Miz C was my favorite. I like how he admitted in his “who deserves to go home?” that he is biased toward himself. I share his bias. He’s an entertaining little terrier of a person.

Asia has been a broker of peace and introspection in all the footage shown of him this season, pulling angry people aside and telling them they’re loved and to stop raging, etc. I didn’t see a comment like “I’m not going to lie; one of the people on this stage isn’t a star” thing. Maybe he was too in character as the evil twin, but that was hurtful and IMO wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2018 10:34 AM

Thought it was a boring episode but got excited when Cracker got the boot just because it was so unexpected. Ru was done with her, as could be observed from her shouting during deliberations.

Ashanti was great but Lena was suffering from Heizer's Neutral Face syndrome. Looked like she was so over everything. Maybe it was filmed smack in the middle of one of her apology tours last year? I'm glad Michelle got that DL zinger in; she sure gets naked a lot for someone with body image issues.

How did they achieve having both versions of the queens on the same stage at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2018 1:20 PM

R21 They have these cool things called computers

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2018 1:25 PM

Miz Cracker is about to launch a solo tour. What has Asia been up to since filming ended?

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2018 1:42 PM

[quote]This was Asia's win, not only were her looks great, her evil twin was named North Korea and beautifully darkly presented and she was the only one to tear her own self apart the way you damn well said you wanted.

Yeah, I felt Asia was the definite winner of the challenge. But the judges were in love with the fashion of Aquaria's looks, with RuPaul going on about it being in the top 10 looks of the show. But this wasn't a just a ball challenge, Aquaria's monologues were fairly weak.

Aquaria ends this seasons with the most wins, and the only one not to have to lip sync. By far the best record.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2018 2:33 PM

Eureka for the win

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2018 3:22 PM

It's finale taping night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2018 12:12 AM

I. don't. want. aquaria. to . win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 9, 2018 12:14 AM

R27 Agree Aquaria is total shit, little talent in any arena

by Anonymousreply 28June 9, 2018 12:19 AM

Plus her personality stinks.

by Anonymousreply 29June 9, 2018 12:19 AM

[quote]She does not remind of Violet, Raja or Chad. She's more of a Naomi Smalls.

This is so damn true, yes Naomi Smalls is a great comparison.

Aquaria would be a winner in the "same vein as Violet", young fashionista, but Violet walked into the show a fully formed star already. She had that strong sense of self that you need.

Aquaria is still that awkward kid playing dress up. She still needs more polish, not in her drag, but in her personality. Just giving interviews as a reigning champ I don't think she is ready.

by Anonymousreply 30June 9, 2018 12:27 AM

Going through the red carpet looks for the finale, who knew Dusty would be the best dressed queen.

Also, Gus Kenworthy looks like just grabbed someone as he was running out of the door. Put in a little effort if you are going to walk a red carpet man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 9, 2018 12:55 AM

something*

Though I am sure he likes grabbing someone as well.

by Anonymousreply 32June 9, 2018 12:56 AM

Gus is just trolling for cock these days.

None of the queens' looks are taking my breath away. Well, maybe Cracker's because it's so incredibly polished. Oh, and JB-C's precious shirt touched my very soul. I'm such a whore for sparse and delicate floral prints.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2018 1:04 AM

And men's brooches! The suit he can keep; it's kinda dowdy.

by Anonymousreply 34June 9, 2018 1:05 AM

I have a big crush on JBC.

by Anonymousreply 35June 9, 2018 1:09 AM

R35 Who is she?

by Anonymousreply 36June 9, 2018 1:11 AM

Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2018 1:15 AM

He played The Bachelor in the best challenge of All Stars 3.

by Anonymousreply 38June 9, 2018 1:17 AM

R37 R38 Ahh, he was fun, is he family?

by Anonymousreply 39June 9, 2018 1:18 AM

Yes, he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 40June 9, 2018 1:20 AM

R40 WOO HOO. I cannot believe some men wore jeans to the Reunion show, how tacky

by Anonymousreply 41June 9, 2018 1:23 AM

Lena was great.

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2018 1:36 AM

I understand why drag queens like this “regal” look with the elaborate headdresses but it’s so overdone and tired at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2018 1:44 AM

An unfortunate angle!

That’s a man, Maury!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2018 1:45 AM

R43 Agree, they all look like bad Flash Gordon cosplay

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2018 1:45 AM

Glow up!

Michele will love this hair but will hate this dress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2018 1:47 AM

Another regal headdress thing but maybe Shannel gets a pass since she’s an actual Vegas showgirl.

It’s nice to see Shannel back in the Ru fold. Hopefully she’ll get some camera time on the show. She’s one of my S1 favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2018 1:51 AM

R47 Self loather from the start

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2018 1:53 AM

Miz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2018 1:53 AM

Aquaria

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2018 1:54 AM

Truthfully everyone's look is kind of underwhelming other than Miz Cracker. Monique looks fun and Blair St. Clair appears ready to be ravished, again. Allegedly. Eureka looks like a giant Ginger Minj, that's not a compliment.

Geez you scared me R47. Shannel kills me. Sumo wrestlers would look more like a woman in that statuary, I mean dress.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2018 1:55 AM

And enough with those ridiculously long dragon claw nails. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2018 2:10 AM

Aquaria winning would be vomit inducing!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2018 3:23 AM

I had a crush on JBC until I listened to him on the Homophilia podcast. One of those LA types - yap, yap, yap, but saying mostly nothing.

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2018 4:47 AM

Your lighting is terrible, wowreport. I can't judge the outfits fairly.

I like Mariah's red coat - and the lighting was better in that shot.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2018 4:49 AM

r54 He probably picked up some bad habits from his new friends; L.A. tends to corrupt even the gentlest of Canadians.

On the other hand, the vacuous homosexual is a universal phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2018 10:57 AM

Kind of very boring episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2018 11:05 AM

This week's episode was TERRIBLE. I had to fast-forward through all the pop psychology bullshit that Ru loves so much and the challenges were awful. The pancake challenge - so he was eating a little marshmallow for each one? It made no sense. And all the pancakes were hos from the hood, which was stupid. Cheyenne's teeth looked great but I wasn't sure he was acting or not as far as not really wanting to be there. There's "charmingly demure" and then there's "my agent made me do this".

There was this comment on Reddit about Ru and Aquaria that went something like:

Aquaria: Sometimes I think I'm a little standoffish

RuPaul: I KNOW you're thinking you have no right to be here, that you are too young for this, that you should just KILL YOURSELF now because you're so WORTHLESS!

Aquaria kind of nods politely like I do with my therapist when they say something completely off base.

Ugh. I think the worst part of the show is the touchy-feely psychobabble. Ru thinks she's the THERAPIST TO THE WORLD because she read The Secret and it's all just completely obnoxious and a cynical ploy for ratings gold.

Ru loves Asia though. She's like "you don't have any bad qualities so this may be difficult for you", um, REWIND THE TAPE please to the first few episodes where she was a total CUNT!

Eureka's looks were okay but not anything great - I expect something cooler from the queens. She was pretty real with the evil twin.

Kameron looked great but he was outright wearing a costume. Although, isn't drag basically costume? I know there's a fine line but they're drag queens, not high fashion models.

This episode was the season's worst. Even the Untucked was mainly Lena Dunham (who I don't care about either way) fangirling over the queens backstage. There was kind of a good moment when Kameron unloads with his self-worth for show about how terrible he is, which on one hand seemed like he'd be kind of exhausting and on the other hand was sort of sweet.

I'm also over Aquaria's fake shit. She will say what she really thinks or acts in the moment, and then the next day she'll have thought about it and how it makes her look and there will be an apology scene where she tries to pretend she "grew" and learned from it all. It's all totally calculated and fake. When she's a cunt, she's saying what she really thinks. The rest is just for show.

And that bullshit about that being the top ten outfits of the show? Bitch please! It was okay but it wasn't one of the top ten looks. WTF was that about? Ru needs her contact lens prescription updated.

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2018 11:34 AM

Re Cheyenne, I wonder if every out gay actor is required to appear on RPDR, or if every out gay actor is automatically invited by virtue of being gay.

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2018 11:41 AM

Speaking of bygone trends, anyone notice that the death drop has slowly worked its way out of lip synchs? It seemed to have been in every single performance earlier in the series. Now if they could only come up with something to supplant the splits. It’s not a very impressive trick now that I know every single drag queen from 16 to 80 and from 80 to 400 pounds can do all varieties of splits. What is the fucking appeal?

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2018 11:44 AM

I think the queens themselves started making fun of death drops and it became too cliche even for them. I dunno about the splits, but yeah they happen in every lip sync. I guess the alternative is cartwheeling across the stage or just turning it outright into a gymnastics routine.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2018 1:27 PM

I'm also over the NY Times reviewer's reviews. She started out pretty good but every review now she reminds us she's a WOMAN and it gets more and more overt every review. This episode was bad, and the review was bad - she thought she'd do a clever evil-twin thing, but it was bad in the episode and it's worse on paper!

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2018 1:28 PM

R61 But it’s called a lip synch, not a gymnastics floor exercise. Is there a prerequisite for lip synching that involves extreme flexibility and balance?

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2018 1:29 PM

r63 there's not a lot to standing there with a microphone and emoting while mouthing words. Granted not every queen does it as well, but they add all the other shit to turn it into a PERFORMANCE so it's actually entertaining. I usually - not always - fast forward through the lip syncs because they are boring to me regardless, with a few exceptions. Since they can't set up anything in advance really for the lipsync they can't have backup dancers or fun bits like Detox climbing across the chairs in All Stars 2. So they're left with 1) acting - which they are doing solo, so there can't be too much to it - and 2) dancing/gymnastics, to make their performance stand out. Every queen who has just stood there and sung into the mike has gone home.

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2018 1:33 PM

R64 OK, but when we know that one or both of the contestants will STUN us by dropping into splits on the big beat, there’s no more suspense or excitement to that than there is to watching someone lip synch and dance around. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s not “exciting” to me to see every contestant do essentially the same thing and hear the judges ooooh and aaahhh as if they are shocked—shocked!!!—that one of the ‘ladies’ hit the ground with splayed legs.

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2018 1:37 PM

At least I’m not the only person who wonders what the point is. After 10 seasons the “trick” has lost its magic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2018 1:38 PM

Yeah I think it's silly myself but the judges seem to expect it. I think to them it shows the person "tried" and "wanted it"

by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2018 1:41 PM

From that Reddit thread:

[quote]Shangela did break her leg quite badly doing a death drop, for real.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2018 1:45 PM

It all depends on the song. If it is an emotional ballad or something you can kill a lip synch without moving, Latrice's "You Make Me Feel" is a prime example.

But for upbeat songs yes, a proper performance to a song has to have energy to it. Dance moves are a given.

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2018 2:33 PM

Whomever took the red carpet photos for WoW must hate drag queens- the angle and lighting is so bizarre and unflattering.

This is how you do splits in your routine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2018 5:19 PM

This week’s lip synch song choice was terrible

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2018 6:03 PM

Winner this week should have been Asia, who not only followed the concept of the challenge but produced a wicked look, in every sense of the word. As much as I like Kameron - I also had a severe problem with shyness which lasted almost into adulthood so I can relate - his presentation was definitely in the bottom. As for the others, I had problems with each of them except Asia's. Eureka basically changed the color palette of his outfit (even the judges mentioned it seemed like the same style and pattern), Miz Cracker went from two different extremes with no reference to connect them, Aquaria's wicked look was too OTT for me (Kameron was criticized for wearing costumes but Aquaria received praise for gluing fake bones to herself?). Again, overall winner was Asia and anyone else could've been in the bottom two alongside Kameron.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2018 7:03 PM

Think about how Sharon Needles killed It's Raining Men with the force of her personality and musicality while remaining upright while Phi Phi did all the gymnastics. Shante, you both stay. Great song of course like Manilla had with MacArthur Park or Dida Ritz with This Will Be. They were blessed with great songs and real stage talent. Latrice too and even Darienne Lake had some great moments standing still and delivering the song.

Quite a few drag race LSFYL did not have death drops but real intention. Kennedy Davenport can do either. Coco Montrese doesn't death drop but is a lip synch assassin. When Alyssa death drops you want to see it. It really all depends on the queen and the song, but yes Drag Race has made it far too common and sloppy. I think Kameron is the most mediocre performer in every way. I would go to the bar when he was on stage, but he won three lip syncs? The queens that were the best stage performers are all gone already this season. Eureka or Asia better win this thing. No one else deserves it. Ru doesn't love Asia but has one of his obvious Adore, Pearl crushes on Aquaria. I'm not buying that boy as a winner of anything. Asia was not only robbed this week, it was fucking FIXED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2018 7:11 PM

I’ve never been able to see in Sharon what everyone else does. Her whole season was kind of a dud to me.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2018 7:18 PM

R73 I disagree with Alyssa being that good a lip syncher. You can lip sync to the music, the lyrics or both. Alyssa always connects to the music. I have never seen her serve the lyrical content of the song (a la Latrice, Jujubee or Trinity K Bonet)

by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2018 7:55 PM

If Kameron's evil twin had been the same persona we saw on this episode of Untucked, he could have won the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2018 9:04 PM

Asia's looks were okay, but he didn't really do the "Reveal something dark about yourself" part of the challenge. And North Korea isn't exactly the opposite of Asia (considering it's IN Asia) so the name didn't really make sense. The dark makeup looked good but I don't really find her outfits all that innovative or interesting.

And yes, Ru loves Asia. She said she didn't think there was anything negative about Asia in the little interview, whereas for Aquaria she was doing all this projection on her because she thinks Aquaria thinks the same as she did when she was 21, not realizing that Aquaria is a Millennial and doesn't think like that. Aquaria wisely humored her and used some of what she said. You could also hear it when Ru said "She's 21" during the judging. Ru sees Aquaria as someone to nurture. I don't know where Aquaria got the money for her outfits but she and Miz Cracker both spent some BANK on those. And yeah hers was just as costumey as Kameron's. I still cannot get over that "this is one of the top ten looks on drag race" comment from Ru - that is so delusional or she was trying to find a way to give Aquaria the win because she's setting her up to take the crown. My guess is on a calculated excuse for giving her the win. And she still hasn't lip sycned for her life yet, because she's trying to avoid another Valentina situation.

There's been some queens that survived lip syncs with just singing, yes, in the past - it's discounted for the older or fatter queens I think, obviously Latrice can't be bounding around the stage, so they let it slide, but I think they expect it from the younger queens. There's also limitations depending on their outfits. But, usually the lip syncs come down to who Ru likes the best and who has done the best in the competition thus far, and the person that is saved just has to not forget the words (there is no way Valentina would have gone home if she'd bothered to memorize the words, no matter how bad her performance was, but that's the only thing Ru can't excuse).

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2018 9:09 PM

Akashia! I heard she had quit drag, so it's cool to see her back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2018 9:11 PM

Alexis Mateo and Miss Vanjie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2018 9:12 PM

Ongina and her cute boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2018 9:12 PM

The Miss Vanjie meme stuff is so annoying now I have, by connection, started to hate her with a passion, and her stupid face and makeup. She is dead to me! Dead!

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2018 9:13 PM

r80 nice, the BF is really cute.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2018 9:14 PM

Blair

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2018 9:14 PM

Here's another of him (forget about Ongina)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2018 9:14 PM

Oh, Kalorie, no. Just no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2018 9:15 PM

Dear Lord, that is an unflattering angle, and the dress doesn't help with those nude straps.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2018 9:17 PM

In those wow pics, Miss Vanjie's noggin looks like that baby head Willam sometimes wears.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2018 9:17 PM

Sonique

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2018 9:18 PM

And those duck lips are offensive.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2018 9:18 PM

Kameron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2018 9:19 PM

That tattoo makes Miss Vanjie look like she has a hairy chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Mariah Paris Balenciaga

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Whoops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Would it kill them to get some proper lighting? Good lord what a shitty photo wall setup.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2018 9:21 PM

Gus is a greasy mess. Did he even shower?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2018 9:22 PM

r95 to be fair that photo wall has terrible lighting and whoever is taking those pictures is not using a flash for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2018 9:24 PM

Here he is when he cares about the event though :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2018 9:25 PM

Kenworthy is a washed out average looking white guy on a good day. Nice ass, meh.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2018 9:35 PM

If Eureka was smart, she'd realize she's sitting on a potential career goldmine with voice acting. I'm CONSTANTLY impressed by her ability to be a voice shapeshifter. Her manager and agent should steer her in that direction after the show.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2018 9:38 PM

She IS really good at that, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2018 9:39 PM

I just realized something. Ru Paul thinks she's Oprah. The Drag Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2018 9:41 PM

Drag ‘n Droprah, R101

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2018 9:47 PM

I think Eureka would be cute if he got rid of that ridiculous hairstyle. He has a good face.

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2018 9:52 PM

Another vote for that R99. And Eureka deserves to win this season too. Some dude on here is very invested in long posts to justify his putting down of all the black contestants. One by one they are gone but Asia deserved this last win and even the editing of the show told you so. So has every reviewer and review. In a lSFYL finale, either Asia or Eureka will win. Otherwise they have falsely set it up for Aquaria to win. They fuck around on the show for various reasons but RuPaul has grown ruthless in catering to the young social media fans. He does think he's the fucking Drag Oprah and we know how delusional she is. She's (secretly) black too but regularly sells out for white acceptance.

The only queen that Rupaul EVER urged viewers to see in person during Drag Race broadcast airtime was Kennedy Davenport. He apologized to her in private for having to eliminate her in fourth place so Pearl could be in the top 3. Those are facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 9, 2018 9:53 PM

r104 not sure to whom you are referring but I don't like The Vixen and I don't like Asia. Asia is acting and was a cunt the first few episodes before she started getting the "wise school marm" edit. I liked the others, more or less. And I hate queens who wear colored contact lenses like Miss Vanjie and Asia, it makes them look too freaky and weird. Unless they are going for that like Sharon Needles, and I don't think they are. I don't care if they're black or white. What I DO get sick of is everything being about race, like it was for The Vixen. Like, get by on your talent, not on white guilt.

by Anonymousreply 105June 9, 2018 9:59 PM

Yay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 9, 2018 10:10 PM

The queen at r70 is really impressive. I can't imagine how you could do that and not get hurt somehow - it's like an advanced gymnastic level move.

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2018 10:37 PM

r106 that's just a bad graphic design. And her "good" outfit looks like an unrolled toilet paper roll.

by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2018 10:40 PM

Asia and Cracker both suffered from deceptive edits early on. Cracker seemed like a talented front runner and Asia as the talented Bianca-like elder.

It doesn’t help either of them that they both possess a mean streak which had started to seep through into narratives. Asia isn’t the polish, loving mother hen she was made out to be. She’s a bit grand, more than a little judgmental, and the constant neon runways betrays a lack of sophistication and versatility.

by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2018 10:41 PM

R109 Cause Aquria is just a cuddle bunny and not a total car wash cunt

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2018 10:43 PM

I’m not saying that, R110. But she has delivered a level of consistency that the other two haven’t throughout the competition.

by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2018 10:45 PM

R111 What> Aquaria is not funny, cannot dance, she is anothe useless Kim fucking Chi, but not painted nearly as well

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2018 10:46 PM

... and she's white!! Not saying anything but you know she doesn't wear those contacts or object to slavery or gay bar segregation in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 113June 9, 2018 10:46 PM

r113 why should she? The Vixen claimed SHE solved it ALL. Racism is ovah in Chicago, thanks to The Vixen!

by Anonymousreply 114June 9, 2018 10:49 PM

How much do you want to bet that it was The Vixen who was acting belligerent and was the person that the bartender was vaguebooking about when he said south side trash ruined Pride?

by Anonymousreply 115June 9, 2018 10:53 PM

To answer your own question R114, Yes you're a racist. You have hundreds of posts over these threads that say so. I doubt you've ever seen ANY of the drag race queens PERFORM in real life. Not on a BOTS show or WERK the World tour or in a local bar or anywhere but your TV. Old men and tween girls have the same response to reality shows. They get very emotional and judgemental. Easily manipulated to root against whoever makes them uncomfortable. With a vengeance. Your hatred is not about The Vixen or Asia though they are both more successful than you know already. You are RACIST and attempt to pass it off as opinion. I suspect you are quite elderly, so enjoy the show. But you're a racist. I know this for sure. Colored contact lenses are not your objection....dude.

by Anonymousreply 116June 9, 2018 11:03 PM

r116 your use of ALL CAPS to MAKE your POINTS causes you to SOUND ridiculous. And boring. I've explained what, specifically, I dislike about The Vixen, and all you can do is respond with "You're racist", which is asinine. Sorry you refuse to see reality, The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 117June 9, 2018 11:06 PM

I want Asia to win. The second to last winner does stunning drag but is dull as dishwater when he opens his mouth. Sasha is pretentious and pedantic. I like Eureka, but he’s playing for the camera, and I don’t buy his “Aw shucks, I know I’m loud ‘n’ domineering but love me anyway y’aIl!” act. It's time for a dramatic, jaded, old school queen to win. Even with the OTT veneers she is stunning; her face is like a sculpture, perfect proportions and skin. Also I will love her forever for that Tweety Bird look. Don’t be afraid to alienate the millenials for once, Ru!

And I thought that Aquaria’s bone look was clunky and silly. Great, you know someone with a 3D printer, very novel. The vertebrae stuck on the back of her gown just looked sad.

by Anonymousreply 118June 9, 2018 11:09 PM

r116 I suspect you are also lumping me in with every other poster who has said anything negative about The Vixen because you seem like the type of person who would think that. And for the record I don't think she uses colored contact lenses, so you seem to have missed the point on that comment, too. And, nice try on the ageist deflection (yet you cry "racism" with no hint of irony), but I'm not elderly yet!

by Anonymousreply 119June 9, 2018 11:10 PM

r118 "jaded" is a good word to describe Asia. But I agree, I loved her Tweety Bird look - it's one of the few she's done that I actually really liked and thought was creative. The others haven't really been worthy of the "I'm a designer and made outfits for stars" bio she referenced a bunch during the first several episodes.

by Anonymousreply 120June 9, 2018 11:12 PM

r120 aalthough now that I think about it, THAT WAS A COSTUME!!

by Anonymousreply 121June 9, 2018 11:16 PM

Shannel, Porkchop, and Rebecca Glasscock. All of the S1 queens made it to the finale except Tammie, who's touring Australia with Trixie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 9, 2018 11:17 PM

I thought Asia should have won last night. She was the only one who really went there with her voiceover - and I agree that Kameron's Untucked rant should have been his voiceover on the catwalk - but I don't think she should take the crown overall. She was my early pic but she lacks the media savvy to be a winner and her looks are hit n miss. I disliked the swimsuit last night, though I give her props for choosing to read it in her dark persona.

I agree that Aquaria comes off as if she insincerely has had a change of heart in the aftermath of saying what she really thinks/feels. But she has an awkward charm about her. She's funny sometimes. She has great style and poise. I'd give it to her over Eureka.

I would like Asia and Aquaria to be the ones to duke it out, though I doubt it will happen that way.

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2018 11:18 PM

I'm still puzzled that Asia and Monet weren't read for how they beat Raymond and Tyler the previous episode. Raymond, especially, was a total brick in the face.

Did anyone think it was funny that Ru referenced LL Cool J licking his lips, in light of their history?

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2018 11:21 PM

Interestingly, if you look at their Twitter followers, Aquaria has far less than Miz Cracker. But on Instagram, Aquaria beats her, although not by much. Kind of shows you the age of her fans.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2018 11:22 PM

This is the look that Ru was gagging over from Aquaria. It does look better in a staged shot than it did in the show, although I still think the strap on bones and spine ruin it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2018 11:24 PM

Twitter has declined somewhat, though. Lots of personalities use IG as a one stop shop.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2018 11:24 PM

I like the bones. The outfit is so architectural and refined. The bones breaking out from underneath messes with perfection. And it tied in with the blood stained apron. Bold. Beautiful. Brutal.

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2018 11:27 PM

r127 my point was there's an age difference between Twitter users and Instagram users. Instagram users are younger. The number difference between Twitter and Instagram followers is in the hundreds of thousands so it's obvious which one is used more.

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2018 11:28 PM

r128 her outfits always look very expensive and bought / made by someone other than her, which takes away from the effect for me. I miss the challenges where the queens have to make things out of junk and sewing was a required skill. Miz Cracker's outfits give me that same vibe. Asia makes most of her own outfits I think but she isn't creative consistently enough with them.

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2018 11:31 PM

Ru loves an animal print, hence Bebe Zahara Benet. Aquaria's looks did not relate at all, the 3-D bones would have looked better on a less busy face and garment and her voice over was spoon fed to her by Ru himself. It was pretty shocking that Asia didn't win. There really is no defending it but for reality show fuckery. I laugh my ass off when Ru and Michelle try to sound so front row fashion show. They are both tacky bitches with the most hypocritical critiques. Visage contradicts herself from contestant to contestant. Ru looks like SHITE for two years and no one says a thing? Not only his hair and makeup, but his dresses too. Yikes.

It's not RuPaul's fashion show. Even Violet fairly won the difficult ballroom dance challenge with Katya. Aquaria is Naomi Smalls. Small talent, nice legs and lips.

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2018 11:33 PM

One thing I wish they did on RPDR is use scorecards to rate them based on defined criteria, the way they do on Project Runway. The ratings they give are subjective, but there's such a thing as TOO subjective. Add a little science to it and it's more defensible and looks less like reality show fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Aquaria has a design background, right? Why is that discounted so much? Even the way she stands and moves. You can tell she's someone who knows all about lines.

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2018 11:45 PM

[quote]I thought Asia should have won last night. She was the only one who really went there with her voiceover

Asia’s monologue was a classic Drag Race moment. The others confessed to “not believing in myself, “am I just a pretty face?” and “I don’t really belong here.” Asia was very real and brutal in a way the others weren’t. That is someone who knows herself, I admire it.

There is something unsettling about Kameron. It’s not just shyness. He seems very unhappy at the core but also very self absorbed. It’s fascinating to watch but a little eerie.

Lena Dunham was a lot of fun. That is something people miss about her. She can be extremely grating, self righteous and pretentious, but Girls was basically an extended study in self deprecation. Most (not all) of the time, that show was about people making mistakes, being selfish, and paying the consequences. It is also about being in your twenties and the shitty choices you make. And it was funny.

This has been a great season of RPDR. I didn’t even finish the season when Bob won, he was a ringer and it bored me. This one has been different.

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2018 11:46 PM

r134 wow I thought this episode was one of the worst ever.

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2018 11:49 PM

I agree the episode was pretty bad. The twins conceit did not work on any level, starting with that bizarre Ru twin the the pink track suit. WTF? Asia was the best thing about it. Cracker’s lip synch was also good, she looked beautiful for once.

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2018 11:56 PM

Asia knowing herself is why it's surprising that she's had those slips. Her bootleg ViVacious outfit was a mess from a design stand point. Having more time to finish it wouldn't have saved the look. And she's gone overboard on the whole helping everyone mindset. I feel that queens like Aquaria, Asia and Eureka are hyper aware of creating a narrative and a niche but they do it sort of sloppily so that they seem insincere. Everyone's a reality show producer, but not to the skill level they think. Kameron's silence is at least honest in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 137June 10, 2018 12:08 AM

I thought RudePaul showed just how ill equipped Ru was to urge the queens to go really dark. RudeP was toothless.

by Anonymousreply 138June 10, 2018 12:11 AM

RudePaul also had small, but, noticeable breasts. Ru’s natural old man moobs?

by Anonymousreply 139June 10, 2018 12:28 AM

I agree that Aquaria doesn’t get the credit she deserves for how she uses her body movements to “sell” her drag. She’s a master at changing up her walk to fit her look.

by Anonymousreply 140June 10, 2018 12:46 AM

R140 That is because she is unfunny, cannot act and cannot lip sync....."She walks well.....' Bless

by Anonymousreply 141June 10, 2018 12:47 AM

Asia is crafting the mama queen narrative, R137, but she is a piker compared to Bianca del Rio. BdR went overboard helping queens sew and dispensing pearls of wisdom in the work room. An “I’m tough but I’m lovable”/“wise elder queen” shtick that I did not buy for a minute. She really is shiny and sitcom ready. Asia is not that smooth and produced, as you mention, which makes me like her more. I also think she’s more interesting than other traditional pageant queens like BeBe Zahara (sp?), who was certainly lovely and poised but dull.

But really I’d be okay with anyone but Aquaria, even Kameron. Aquaria is basically Violet Chachki II, polished, young and bland, but without Violet’s exqusite style and taste. Of late we’ve had a young style queen (Violet), a comedy queen (Bob), and an I’m not really sure but young people seem to like it (Sasha) win. I’d like this one to go to a tough old queen in a sequins dress. Given the winners recently, she is be a novelty.

by Anonymousreply 142June 10, 2018 12:50 AM

Sorry, she is a novelty.

by Anonymousreply 143June 10, 2018 12:51 AM

She's "crafting" the mama queen narrative and then she goes and says Cracker is not a star. And Asia's talking head featured the same read so she can't blame it on her evil twin persona. That's an example of fucking up the persona she's been trying to sell.

by Anonymousreply 144June 10, 2018 12:54 AM

I don't believe Aquaria knows who the fuck Ashanti was. I guess they were just told to cheer whatever name Ru announces.

by Anonymousreply 145June 10, 2018 12:58 AM

Apparently there was another finale like last year. Asia eliminated herself by trying to pull a stunt like Sasha's, but with butterflies.... that were dead... so she failed. She LSFYL with Kameron. Aquaria went against Eureka, and here is were the favoritism for Aquaria is blatant, she fell during the lip sync but she was saved in a double shantey. The final LSFYL was a threeway. The poster were I read this, makes it apparent that Aquaria will be crowned the winner... vomit inducing indeed!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 146June 10, 2018 1:23 AM

Willam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 10, 2018 1:24 AM

What you don't know is that the other producers are around when the runways happen and they have a say in who sashays away. It's not just Ru's call. If the call is suspect better believe that some other producer(s) put in their two cents.

by Anonymousreply 148June 10, 2018 1:32 AM

Hey you CUNT at 146 how about SPOILER ALERT AT 146 you piece of shit.

If that is true I'm out. Aquaria winning is garbage. Okay queen and all that but forgettable, her drag is meh.

If they are ever going to crown a size queen it should be now and crown Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 149June 10, 2018 1:38 AM

Team Asia.

by Anonymousreply 150June 10, 2018 1:40 AM

Judging from the last 3 episodes I could tell they started to gear a winners edit to Aquaria. I notice Eureka has had waaaay less screen time than at the beginning of the season and they are really hammering a Roxxy-esque edit for Asia. It's clear to me now that Aquaria is winning.

by Anonymousreply 151June 10, 2018 1:46 AM

I love your post R142. Yes to all that.

by Anonymousreply 152June 10, 2018 2:50 AM

Eureka will win. Aquaria winning would represent a certain aesthetic/ drag expected to win this tele show. Ru is intelligent enough to steer her show of that. Aquaria is not unlike last year's winner Sasha, or the skinny fashion girl winner from season 7-i forget her name.

by Anonymousreply 153June 10, 2018 3:45 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned the overuse of the split screen / double exposure this week. Needed so the queens could interact with their evil twins but I found it so annoying and ridiculous on the runway. Wish they could've had some other way to film it.

by Anonymousreply 154June 10, 2018 5:35 AM

I don't think Violet Chachki has better "taste" than Aquaria. Violet is very old-school burlesque. Aquaria is more forward looking and editorial in her fashion.

by Anonymousreply 155June 10, 2018 11:35 PM

Violet never would have walked the runway in something as bad as Aquaria's drag on a dime look.

And Violet loves her burlesque stuff but she can serve much more than that. She knows her fashion and fashion history very well, listen to her speak about it (something Aquaria can't do....)

by Anonymousreply 156June 10, 2018 11:43 PM

Wow, some of you are really gullible. Asia is as fake as fuck. She's trying on that "mamma" queen thing to see how it flies, but the real cunt underneath does peek out from time to time. At least the other queens are honest about their flaws - Asia tries to pretend she doesn't have any. She's be the worst winner since Tyra.

by Anonymousreply 157June 11, 2018 12:06 AM

Every season just gets worse!

by Anonymousreply 158June 11, 2018 12:16 AM

Asia and Kameron are fine queens but they’re not superstars. RuPaul and the producers know this.

by Anonymousreply 159June 11, 2018 12:18 AM

Disagree. Asia has plenty of star power. Kameron does not. Kameron is the only one of the three Ru would never crown, Ru would be happy to crown Asia if it works out that way in the lip sync tournament.

by Anonymousreply 160June 11, 2018 12:44 AM

one of the four*

by Anonymousreply 161June 11, 2018 12:44 AM

Asia must have left her star power back in Dallas. Most over-praised queen in years.

by Anonymousreply 162June 11, 2018 12:49 AM

R160 Dead butterflies say no, she does not kill the lip sync

by Anonymousreply 163June 11, 2018 12:51 AM

Hey everyone, I'm SUPER kewl because I read spoilers. I have to show off how I have no self control, and make sure I try to ruin it for everyone else since I spoiled the surprise for myself!

by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2018 12:55 AM

R164 Oh please everybody knows because old baggage tweeted it, so just fuck off and have a wank over Kim Chi

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2018 1:01 AM

TBH r165 I didn't know it either.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2018 1:04 AM

Who is old baggage? Michelle?

by Anonymousreply 167June 11, 2018 1:07 AM

R166 Oh fuck, sorry, assumed everyone had seen it since they have been everywhere, shall be more careful in the future. Also cry pardon R164

by Anonymousreply 168June 11, 2018 1:07 AM

R167 No, the old queen who got kicked off first week and has really bad horse face, Mrs Something Something

by Anonymousreply 169June 11, 2018 1:09 AM

I want either Aquaria or Eureka to win.

by Anonymousreply 170June 11, 2018 1:10 AM

I listen to a few Drag Race podcasts but I only read about it here.

by Anonymousreply 171June 11, 2018 1:10 AM

r167 LOL! If not that should be her new nickname.

by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2018 1:10 AM

I want Eureka to win but I want to see Asia getting kicked off now. I hope she cries and her contact lenses fall out revealing she actually has cat eyes

by Anonymousreply 173June 11, 2018 1:11 AM

Tempest du Jour?

by Anonymousreply 174June 11, 2018 1:12 AM

I like Asia more than I dislike her but I would like to see her flippers come loose.

by Anonymousreply 175June 11, 2018 1:13 AM

R174 Mrs Keisha Castle Hughes? No Mrs Davies

by Anonymousreply 176June 11, 2018 1:15 AM

Kasha Davis was not knocked out first and she's not horsefaced.

Mait make sense, Mo'.

by Anonymousreply 177June 11, 2018 1:19 AM

*Make it make sense, Mo'.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2018 1:24 AM

That old racist poster didn't get enough hate out for Asia yesterday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2018 2:00 AM

Ever since about season 6 I find myself dreadfully bored with the show by the time we get to the top 3/4. The grand finale is always boring as hell. The format of the finale needs a shake-up.

Anyway, here's rehearsal footage of Kitty Girl from AS3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2018 4:03 AM

Is it true they film the finale as if each contestant won, and then edit it later to avoid leaks? It always makes the win seem so fake/acting since I heard they do that.

They should just have the big pageant and then show the winner in the normal set, later, rather than making it fake.

by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2018 11:45 AM

Re the gymnastics that seems to be a prerequisite for being cast on Drag Race...I still don’t get how every single drag queen doing the same two moves—splits and death drops—became standard and expected if the series is essentially modeled on RuPaul’s career. I can’t recall ever having seen RuPaul do Olympics-type floor exercises while lip syncing. I kind of buy the vogue legacy thing, except wasn’t part of the point of voguing to be more creative than your opponents? If Paris Is Burning just showed a bunch of men in drag doing the splits, one after another, I doubt many people would care very much about it. I saw the vogue stuff as a form of dance, whereas the contestants on Drag Race often do straightforward gymnastic tumbling. And to my recollection, RuPaul barely moves more than Cher does when he performs.

by Anonymousreply 182June 11, 2018 11:57 AM

[quote] The grand finale is always boring as hell. The format of the finale needs a shake-up.

But the format was just shaken up in Season 9 when they started the lip synch for the crown finale.

(Which it is more exciting, but not sure I actually like. I mean hell, Bianca would have lost if that was the finale format)

by Anonymousreply 183June 11, 2018 12:22 PM

Damn r180! forget Asia, Eureka needs a bra in real life more than in drag lmfao

by Anonymousreply 184June 11, 2018 12:22 PM

Sorry r179^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 185June 11, 2018 12:24 PM

Careful, r179 might call you racist and old!

by Anonymousreply 186June 11, 2018 12:30 PM

R181 Yes they did film the ending in which each of the final queens won. It wasn't necessarily done to avoid spoilers, it was done because the final decision won't actually be made until after the reunion episode airs so producers can see social media to see which Queen causes the most buzz.

by Anonymousreply 187June 11, 2018 12:44 PM

I don’t think the lip sync for the crown is fair. It makes the whole season come down to one or two lip syncs, not the whole body of work.

Although, if they had done it for AS3 then Shangela could have been the rightful winner.

And the reveals are becoming ridiculous, it’s like a fucking magic show now.

by Anonymousreply 188June 11, 2018 12:46 PM

R187 I believe they started doIng this in S3 because the S2 winner had been leaked.

by Anonymousreply 189June 11, 2018 12:47 PM

Off by one season. Season 3 was the last season they just crowned a winner at the end of filming the season, that Raja won leaked online pretty early.

Now they film the finale well after the rest of season, and yes they always film multiple people getting crowned. The person only officially finds out they won once the episode actually airs.

by Anonymousreply 190June 11, 2018 12:50 PM

Too bad they can’t do a live crowning.

by Anonymousreply 191June 11, 2018 12:52 PM

Perez Hilton spoiled Raja as the winner of S3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 11, 2018 12:52 PM

That ape faced fucktard ruins everything. Is she still around?

by Anonymousreply 193June 11, 2018 12:56 PM

R190 I attended the finale taping for Season 8 and watched them crown Bob, Kim Chi and Naomi Smalls. We were told that the official decision would be made by Ru shortly before the episode aired, although it was clear that Bob was going to win.

by Anonymousreply 194June 11, 2018 1:05 PM

If they want a finale big show they should just film that, and then leave it as a cliffhanger - it's not like the people at the show get to know who won anyway. Then film the winners normally without the crowd, on the normal set. It's just too fake otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 195June 11, 2018 1:08 PM

They could do a play during the finale where a giant axe is swinging over The Vixen, and she's terrified and screaming! The final two can fight it out using drag choreography while the pendulum gets lower and lower over The Vixen. But unfortunately, the shitty way WoW is run means they didn't put in a safety on the pendulum so it actually ends up sawing The Vixen in half. Without The Vixen there to stop it singlehandedly, Chicago explodes into racism, whatever that means. Everyone is shocked and stunned, but Ru recovers and crowns Eureka the winner! Aquaria is so distraught she isn't watching where she's going and tumbles and falls backwards into the pit of fire, where her costume is burned onto her body and face permanently and she becomes an Arch-Villainness, bent on destroying RuPaul. Asia tries to "mother" her way out of it but ends up having Aquaria knock her veneers off with a mean right hook, dislocating Asia's jaw so much that her face becomes twisted and grotesque. She runs away, vowing to poison the water supply and kill everyone.

by Anonymousreply 196June 11, 2018 1:32 PM

R196 I'd buy that for a dollar!

by Anonymousreply 197June 11, 2018 1:42 PM

Actually I've heard a rumor that the Vixien walks out party way through the finale.

by Anonymousreply 198June 11, 2018 2:19 PM

R196, holy shit, you stay. The Vixen, tired card player... cray-cray, away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 11, 2018 4:21 PM

R191 I'm totally doing this next time!

by Anonymousreply 200June 11, 2018 6:24 PM

I'm just here for another reunion like last year and season 1 and 2. THAT is the best episode of those seasons.

by Anonymousreply 201June 11, 2018 8:45 PM

R201 We could only hope to have something this amazing during the upcoming reunion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 11, 2018 11:34 PM

Leslie Jones of SNL has discovered Drag Race and has been binge watching the seasons on Twitter, with commentary. She's pretty funny, tweeting Ru and Jason all the time and some of the rest of us. She's on Season 5 and she's not feeling the way Roxxy is treating our Jinkx. Just wait till she discovers how lousy Season 7, 8 and 9 are!!! And that fuckery with Shangela in All Stars 3 that still burns most of us. (Except that poster who hates all the black queens and will soon tell you all that's wrong with Shangela...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 12, 2018 9:05 AM

I quit watchin this trainwreck a few yrs ago

not fun anymore, gross contestants and its all scripted, poorly

by Anonymousreply 204June 12, 2018 9:08 AM

r203 some of us legitimately dislike Shangela, but I see you're coming from the perspective of "everyone who disagrees with me is Hitler", so you do you kween!

by Anonymousreply 205June 12, 2018 10:28 AM

One thing I am SO tired of, watching this season and previous seasons, is this:

QUEEN 1: You have to bring your A-Game! This is season ___!

QUEEN 2: This is RuPaul's Drag Race, not RuPaul's Best Friend Race!

QUEEN 3: Cliche cliche cliche ha ha ha!

MICHELLE VISAGE: This is season ____! You have to up your game!

QUEEN 8: This is season ___!

QUEEN 6: This is season ___!

QUEEN 3: This is season ___!

QUEEN 4: This is season ___!

by Anonymousreply 206June 12, 2018 10:49 AM

I think there should be a drinking game based on how many people say "This is season ____!"

by Anonymousreply 207June 12, 2018 10:50 AM

Isn't it true that Queen's on Drag Race typically know the order in which they're going to get eliminated? I mean there are always clear patterns for example, the person eliminated in 5th place is usually always a fan favorite and it's a shock elimination. I also feel that Kameron being a lip sync assassin was plot to make him more interesting.

by Anonymousreply 208June 12, 2018 1:59 PM

I'm not sure if all the queens know, but I've heard about certain queens having it in their contract to be eliminated after a certain length of time. This is just gossip, of course.

by Anonymousreply 209June 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Preview for Thursday's ep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 12, 2018 2:59 PM

R209 I don't know if specifically you're going to last x number of weeks on the show, but some of the Queen's have hinted that they were tipped off by producers that this would be their final week on the show.

by Anonymousreply 211June 12, 2018 3:42 PM

So Todrick is the music producer now in addition to being the choreographer? Is there anything he can’t do?

by Anonymousreply 212June 12, 2018 3:46 PM

R212 He can't top....tried it once and it was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 213June 12, 2018 3:48 PM

[quote]He can't top

I like that in a man.

by Anonymousreply 214June 12, 2018 5:08 PM

R211 Jiggly has stated publicly that she knew she was being eliminated the morning of runway because the hotel left a copy of her bill under door before she even left for the runway.

by Anonymousreply 215June 12, 2018 5:26 PM

I believe the hotel left the copy of her bill because of the astronomical room service charges.

by Anonymousreply 216June 12, 2018 6:21 PM

Aquaria becomes momentarily overwhelmed with happiness and excitement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 12, 2018 9:32 PM

R215 They don't pay the girls expenses? Or just not Jigglys?

by Anonymousreply 218June 12, 2018 9:35 PM

Aquaria, if you're going to have a moment, don't look straight at the camera just before you do it.

by Anonymousreply 219June 12, 2018 9:40 PM

They pay for the hotel room, not extra incidentals that someone may decide to purchase r218.

And yes, Willam/Jiggly has always said she got the bill the morning of her elimination. Production had already decided she was going to be the queen eliminated that day.

Of course the reason that is a great story is that it is unusual. Normally it doesn't happen.

Though many times queens have suspected their time is up and they were going to be eliminated, just like the audience later watching can predict they are going to be the one to go.

by Anonymousreply 220June 12, 2018 9:45 PM

I was sort of sad that Mz Cracker had to go.

I do not think Kameron should still be there. She got lucky by blending into the background for so many weeks and now that she's one of the few, we can see there is nothing there.

How many more weeks are left?

by Anonymousreply 221June 13, 2018 4:35 AM

2. 3 if they have a recap show next week

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2018 4:43 AM

I agree r221. Kameron is strangely proficient at his expensive drag, but a contestant who would be gone before Mariah Balenciaga in the earlier seasons. People are gonna jump on me but he reminds me of Derrick Barry. So this Thursday for the final four which is always a marathon of dancing, singing, acting and video. No one gets eliminated as far as the rumors go - because we know the finale was already taped as a lip sync playoff battle like season 9. Kameron should be gone and in one of the earlier seasons this would be his week to sashay. A top four ain't right unless there's some exception to the rule. After season 9 and All Stars 3 fuckery I thought they would go back to a top three. Aquaria, Eureka and Asia. Then a final challenge that would carry over to a Rupaul chosen crowning....Nope. He's too scared now to be disliked so masks the winner in a lip sync playoff.

Still, the final four showing is usually pretty great. The contestants who left in fourth place are usually the most debated of all seasons. Editing couldn't always hide why Latrice, Kennedy, Shangela, Tattiana, Chi Chi or Detox or even Darienne were eliminated before top three.

So the show don't do that no more. Kameron should already be gone. Miz Cracker didn't slay that lip sync, but Kamerman didn't clearly beat her on his third time in the bottom neither. Fuckery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2018 5:21 AM

Leslie Jones has caught up to Alyssa's potential elimination and she's begging to be friends, ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2018 5:35 AM

The Good Girls of Season 10 give back. Rupaul wouldn't know a charity unless his name was on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2018 7:34 AM

This week’s challenge was actually entertaining! I’m legitimately impressed and I thought that Asia was outstanding when she was dancing.

by Anonymousreply 226June 15, 2018 1:14 AM

MAC Viva Glam. R225.

by Anonymousreply 227June 15, 2018 1:21 AM

I really want Kameron to win, it would be the perfect out-of-left-field result that this show needs to dispel all its over-production bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228June 15, 2018 1:33 AM

I’m rooting for Asia or Aquaria. Or anybody but Eureka, really.

by Anonymousreply 229June 15, 2018 1:34 AM

Asia is so fake. Of course she’s a pageant queen. Back to Texas and the pageant circuit.

Kameron. Chicago. Enough said.

Either Eureka or Aquaria would make a worthy winner.

by Anonymousreply 230June 15, 2018 1:52 AM

Hey R230, Kameron is from Nashville, so in addition to being insulting, your comment about Chicago drag is inaccurate.

In fact, last season's rightful winner, Shea Couleé, is from Chicago.

Season 9 was a travesty. Peppermint did not deserve to be Top Four, let alone Top Two. All season, we heard, "Peppermint is a New York City legend," but her performance on the show did not reflect that. I wonder if she was pushed through to give Ru some much-needed cred with the trans community.

Sasha Velour won for the (admittedly excellent) gimmick of shaking rose petals out of her gloves and wig, but Shea had been consistently stronger throughout the competition.

As for All-Stars 3, Trixie Mattel was preordained to win before it even began. This has happened before (All-Stars 2 was clearly Alaska's to lose), but Trixie's performance did NOT merit a win. But BenDeLaCreme bowed out, and the other queens voted off Shangela - twists that in retrospect look orchestrated for a Trixie win (though I do think Ben's decision came from the heart).

So we've had two undeserving winners in a row. At the risk of sounding like The Vixen, what surprises me is that the rightful winners (Shea and Shangela) are queens of color, whereas Sasha and Trixie are not. Now, I'm not an SJW (clock my comment about Peppermint), but I wonder why others have not pointed this out. Maybe they will if it happens again (for example, if Kameron progresses over Asia in the finale).

by Anonymousreply 231June 15, 2018 3:00 AM

Who was sent packing?

by Anonymousreply 232June 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Aside from the actual performance (and I only liked Asia's and, to a lesser extent, Aquaria) this was yet another boring episode. I'm torn on the winner because I think Asia and Aquaria should both win, but purely based on seniority in the industry and how Aquaria is going to have an amazing career with or without a crown, I kind of want Asia to get it. I wouldn't necessarily care if Eureka won, but damn she just sucks after skimming through all her looks this season.

by Anonymousreply 233June 15, 2018 4:32 AM

Glad you're back from rehab R231 but all your points have been pointed out. Many times. On every review and blog and space but DL, which defends white clown queens over all others, unless like Bob they are black clown queens with no runway or DRAG. The elders here like them 'funny' or young with what they are told is "high fashion." White is most important. The blacks are funny and sometimes really good but speak up too much!

Trixie was a joke, she's said herself that her win was a joke. The twist that the eliminated queens would vote for the winner was to shit on Shangela and allow the preordained fuckery to commence. Some old white racist dude on here will say that Shangela is disliked, but it's not true. Shangela, Bianca and Alaska are the superstars of Drag Race. They make the most money and they are the most popular around the world. They all have other gigs outside of Drag Race. Shangela acts as DJ, will be in the new Star is Born film, has worked with SJP and is the most invited to speak on the nightly entertainment shows. But the online Drag Race fans love TRIXIE because she's so funny and homely without any glamor or sex organs.

Shea or Trinity should have won season 9, but Ru kept the charming Peppermint in to not upset the Trans community and fixed a win for Sasha, who won 1 challenge during the season because he was the ultimate Social Justice Drag Queen. They changed the whole format near the end of taping so they wouldn't have to award the crown to Shea. Now Shea had a bit lacking for all her fierceness. But if you are thinking that online racism was running over Drag Race season 9 and Ru allowed it you wouldn't be wrong. He allowed it before and he will again. Sasha is not terrible but there is no justification for her win. NONE. None of this goes unnoticed. DL is not the place to read Drag Race critiques in line with the culture.

So season 10 cast five black queens and all of them good. The Vixen was badly behaved but is already celebrated around the world outside of Drag Race. Monique couldn't find a dress but is already the most popular with the alumni and that's where the Drag Race is really won. RuPaul has a heart that hurts but his spiritual beliefs don't allow room for racism. He loves Asia because more than anyone before she is his true successor. She won tonight's challenge by a mile and she won last week too though they awarded her neither. But she can't win the season because Aquaria or Eureka must win. Eureka is talented enough to deserve it, but not the rightful winner. They don't even try to make a case for who wins anymore but some of us see these queens outside our screens and Aquaria cannot beat Eureka in a LSFYL.

Read the papers, watch the reviews. RuPaul's Drag Race fans are racist y'all. A black man or woman can't win any competition reality show these days. Fantasia wouldn't win American Idol in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 234June 15, 2018 6:03 AM

Aquaria will be the first drag queen with a Vogue cover. Whether it's American Vogue or British or Paris or Kazakh...I sense it happening in her life. And sooner rather than later.

by Anonymousreply 235June 15, 2018 8:34 AM

I'm so sick of having to hear these lame ass RuPaul songs. It's like the episodes are informercials for her flops.

by Anonymousreply 236June 15, 2018 8:50 AM

How is The Vixen celebrated around the world? A few SJW articles praising her abrasive, obnoxious behaviour does not mean she's celebrated around the world. People were flipping out when they hacked the MC votes and she was leading by millions. I wouldn't even say that she makes for great reality TV, as her unapologetic bitch antics ran their course by episode 2.

Eureka is another loudmouth who has been given plenty of passes this season. I can sense the producers pulling strings for her to make it to the end, but it backfired, since the rest of the world caught on and people have been commenting online how she has been shoved down our throats as this beyond incredible talent, when she does not belong next to some of the great big girl competitors like Latrice (the best one so far) or Ginger.

I was initially team Asia, but she has falter more often than not. I would have given her the win last week, but she didn't deserve to win the Breastworld challenge (Aquaria was funnier, IMO), so in the end it evens out. I will say, I do not appreciate the obviously shady edit trying to make her out to be a villain last episode, coming for Miz Cracker and the others. An obvious producer ploy for people not to be too upset when the only black queen gets the boot during the finale ("Oh, she was a bitch to Miz Cracker, so who cares anyway...")

Aquaria gets my vote, and at the beginning of the season I didn't think I would say that. She is consistent, and even when she missed she still showed something interesting or endearing. She has the best stats as well, winning the two biggest DR challenges (Snatch Game and the Ball), which would make her the only winner to do so. Her storyline mimics Violet's in season 7, only that Aquaria was never as bitchy or confrontational as Violet at the beginning of her season.

by Anonymousreply 237June 15, 2018 8:53 AM

R236 I’m not picking on you, but are you just realizing this? It’s been 10 + 3 seasons of promoting RuPaul’s music, RuPaul’s podcasts, RuPaul’s candy bars...

He’d be a terrible businessperson not to use this show as his platform to sell all his branded merchandise.

by Anonymousreply 238June 15, 2018 10:20 AM

I think this season is the worst ever (aside from the pathetic AS3.) I don't get the Asia love. I think she's boring and her outfit last night was terrible. It made her look like she had no neck, the stupid thing on her chin and the less said about the hips, the better. It's a shame because it would be nice to see a black queen win after Shea and Shangela got robbed, but sorry, not Asia. I couldn't stand Eureka through most of the season, but I think I would vote for her and it would be nice for a big girl to finally win. But it seems that Aquaria will probably win and I'm okay with it. (And Cameron should have been gone weeks ago.)

I'm not sure I will even watch season 11. The magic is gone...

by Anonymousreply 239June 15, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote]Fantasia wouldn't win American Idol in 2018.

Fantasia can't spell American Idol in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 240June 15, 2018 1:00 PM

Aisa is one of those supremely annoying people who not only want to tell you what she thinks, but what you're thinking as well. Bitch, just shut up. But I had to give it to her for her Joan Crawford drama school moment of walking away after Kameron's video from his mom. Well played, but work on producing some tears next time.. But that runway look! She should have been read to filth for that mess. She looked like a turquoise turtle.

by Anonymousreply 241June 15, 2018 1:17 PM

Yeah, but the products he puts out are all shit, which is the problem. And he doesn't have to be so blatant about it. I don't buy that "it's just good business! Bitch got to get that money!" bullshit excuse. There's such a thing as being TOO shameless about it. She produces this shit to a formula now, and ties it into the show, and none of it's fun or innovative, just a way to separate idiots from their money.

r234 I can tell you are VERY CONCERNED about Racism, so I'm not surprised you love The Vixen, even though her looks were subpar and the only reason she stuck around as long as she did was due to the conflict she created. But luckily for Chicago she's back there solving Racism for good, so it won't be an issue much longer!

by Anonymousreply 242June 15, 2018 3:22 PM

r239 I agree with you that Asia's looks haven't been the best aside from one or two standouts. And I don't buy the mamma edit for her either. But since she's a black queen I can't say that without the "y'all are racist!" country-fried troll coming in and accusing me and everyone else of racism for not loving her, despite her MANY, MANY flaws.

by Anonymousreply 243June 15, 2018 3:24 PM

R234 I agree with some of what you said except that Asia is Ru's true successor. She does NOT have the personality, quick wit and charm that the young Ru had. And Ru's persona was never mean in public (except maybe to Milton Berle, but he started it).

by Anonymousreply 244June 15, 2018 3:54 PM

RuPaul has said that he does whatever it takes to support his ability to make music. It is his #1 goal in life, not merely a hobby or side hustle. So don’t expect to hear the end of his crap music anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 245June 15, 2018 4:18 PM

I'm with r239. Drag isn't dead, Drag Race is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 15, 2018 7:22 PM

Asia is subpar at best, one or two good frocks, but cannot sing or act or be funny.

by Anonymousreply 247June 15, 2018 7:29 PM

I'd need to see something different than a black wig from you gurl. I say this to make RuPaul rich, I mean help you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 15, 2018 7:45 PM

[quote]I think this season is the worst ever (aside from the pathetic AS3.)

I actually think this has been an incredibly entertaining season. It is not my favorite queens ever, but it has been damn good television overall.

by Anonymousreply 249June 15, 2018 7:54 PM

r249 only if you factor in Untucked. Without Untucked as the companion piece, this season would be middling at best.

by Anonymousreply 250June 15, 2018 8:45 PM

Eureka better win, the black guy with the too white teeth is annoying as hell

by Anonymousreply 251June 15, 2018 9:11 PM

Your MANY MANY posts prove you to be racist R243. STFU you ancient white f@g. Retire your holes and do everyone a favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 15, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote]This season, two queens, Asia O'Hara and The Vixen, had a heart-to-heart about black rage that was one of the most honest and insightful discussions about race that I've ever seen on TV. In these deeply divided times, it's more important than ever for the queens to tell their very American stories of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

RuPaul, Hollywood Reporter.

by Anonymousreply 253June 15, 2018 9:21 PM

I managed to make it all the way to the end without being spoiled!!

I’m team Eureka. The show as a whole hasn’t been the same since season 6. Season 10 is far from the worst. Season 2 featured a totally lackluster top 3 - a total cunt, a not-quite-as-much-of-a-cunt, and a lovable queen who managed to make it through the entire competition without winning a single challenge.

All Stars 1 also sucked donkey balls, and All Stars 3...can we just forget that ever happened? I’m sure Ru would like to.

by Anonymousreply 254June 15, 2018 9:25 PM

I’m just glad that the show bounced back after the dismal “Don’t joke about that” season 9.

by Anonymousreply 255June 15, 2018 9:29 PM

It wasn’t funny the first time Eureka said, “Oh, Mylanta,” so of course she had to repeat it.

by Anonymousreply 256June 15, 2018 10:14 PM

R252's overwhelming hypocrisy in decrying alleged "racism" while using alleged age discrimination as a weapon is simply breathtaking in its stupidity and psychosis.

by Anonymousreply 257June 15, 2018 10:23 PM

The racism is not alleged and the rest is a false equivalent. The poster is an old white racist gay man. Facts are facts. Racism is a large factor and ongoing discussion in the Drag Race fandom. R243's many, many negative posts about only black contestants are easy to read. Not only season 10 contestants either. He's a part of the problem and a nasty piece of work. Read his work. Racist old white man.

by Anonymousreply 258June 15, 2018 10:38 PM

R258 Oh please, Vixen was raggedy as fuck and Asia is piss poor, not racist just the truth

by Anonymousreply 259June 15, 2018 11:01 PM

R239 Agreed. I rewatched season 6 during the past few weekends and, man, I really didn't love that season at the time, but it was worlds better than this current season.

They really need to quit having the queens give their childhood-self advice. It's so uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 260June 16, 2018 1:27 AM

R260 Did a new showrunner take over with season 7, cause it really has been a fucking shit show since then.....and fucking Mama Ru needs to quit the pop psychology, is totally stupid

by Anonymousreply 261June 16, 2018 1:29 AM

You really have to wonder, because now that I think about it... wasn't season 7 when they first introduced that message to your childhood-self shit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 16, 2018 1:33 AM

Yes and Season 7 was also the season that Katya, Trixie and Kennedy Davenport were all eliminated so that Pearl could be in the final fucking 3. Pearl?!

by Anonymousreply 263June 16, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]They really need to quit having the queens give their childhood-self advice. It's so uncomfortable.

That’s probably because you’re an emotional popsicle.

by Anonymousreply 264June 16, 2018 1:42 AM

[quote]Season 7 was also the season that Katya, Trixie and Kennedy Davenport were all eliminated so that Pearl could be in the final fucking 3.

For the life of me, I do not understand why people are so gaga over Trixie. I don’t hate her and perhaps she is talented in her own way and her style is just not a good fit for the Drag Race format (this is the case for a lot of great drag queens). She was not a serious contender for the top 3 on season 7. Kennedy and Katya both were, though.

by Anonymousreply 265June 16, 2018 1:45 AM

R264 No, it's not because of that. No doubt that what the queens are saying is heartfelt, but it also feels very canned and corny most of the time. There's something very artificial about that segment and, YES, I know this is a reality show. It all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So to be America's Next Drag Superstar it's about also having a sob story now?

by Anonymousreply 266June 16, 2018 3:15 AM

Todrick Hall is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 267June 16, 2018 3:49 AM

I loved this episode!! The dancing and the singing were fantastic!!

They all did so well. I began to get the feeling that nobody was going home and that Ru would keep everyone when they all started taking about why they should win. They all said really beautiful, sincere-sounding things.

The lip-sync was great for everyone and I really thought that Ru just could not send any of the girls home.

Glad she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 268June 16, 2018 4:01 AM

I love Kennedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269June 16, 2018 8:47 AM

Owee. Leslie Jones is seriously invested in Season 5. She tweets about 20 commentaries per episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 16, 2018 9:14 AM

r270 sounds like she's unemployed

by Anonymousreply 271June 16, 2018 12:46 PM

[quote]wasn't season 7 when they first introduced that message to your childhood-self shit?

It absolutely was. I always watch that part once and skip it on any re-viewing. It's forced and boring.

I've always said that the show peaked on Season 6. Great mix of queens, challenges, plots and twists that weren't insulting to the viewer and a winner that elevated the brand. Glad to see posters like R260 coming around to it.

[quote]Season 7 was also the season that Katya, Trixie and Kennedy Davenport were all eliminated so that Pearl could be in the final fucking 3. Pearl?!

Boy, has Pearl making the top 3 in S7 not aged well at all, and it's only been three years. Proof positive that you can make it far in a competition where you dress up as a woman, based on your boy looks and voice.

The queens Bob points out in that pic @ R252 are all favorites of the fraus and the teenage fraus-in-training. Unfortunately, that's a segment the show actively seeks out these days.

Team Eureka, if only because of the type of people that will be pissed if she wins. Now I know how the people who voted for you-know-who 20 months ago felt, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 272June 16, 2018 2:23 PM

I skipped over a lot of the "RuPaul as Oprah" episode this season, and before when Ru did those Tic Tac interviews I'd skip a lot of them too. Just an excuse for Ru to play therapist.

by Anonymousreply 273June 16, 2018 2:52 PM

Leslie Jones isn't unemployed R271. Are all black women unemployed gramps?

by Anonymousreply 274June 16, 2018 7:23 PM

[quote]The lip-sync was great for everyone and I really thought that Ru just could not send any of the girls home.

The lip synch for the crown finale last year was a big for the show, of course they are doing to do it again, and they need four queens for that.

by Anonymousreply 275June 16, 2018 7:25 PM

The show changed starting in season 7 because that's when the producers realized they needed to cater to the teen market. So episode editing, challenges, and contestants were now made through the lens of building and maintaining that teen viewership. Violet and Pearl's exploding social media followers as their season was airing was the confirmation they needed that this was how it was going to be done from now on.

by Anonymousreply 276June 16, 2018 11:51 PM

R276 Well, it sucks. But you make sense, how did you end up here?

by Anonymousreply 277June 16, 2018 11:55 PM

Eureka has more than earned the right to be the first Big Girl winner of Drag Race. She's one of the most talented queens to ever compete on the show. She makes some of the past winners, like Violet and Raja, look like amateurs.

Aquaria is deserving, too, but much of her success on this season comes from the fact that he can afford a $100k wardrobe and access to the top design talent in NYC. It's not really fair, is it? And this critique also applies to Kameron and Miz Cracker. Eureka and Asia have made it to the finals with nothing but raw talent and a hot glue gun. They don't have a rich sugar daddy to finance their careers.

I'm calling Eureka for the win. I honestly don't think that many young viewers will care if Aquaria loses because she's not that likable.

by Anonymousreply 278June 17, 2018 12:25 AM

Nonsense. Eureka spent serious money on her Season 10 wardrobe, so she's no different to Cracker etc.

And Eureka isn't perceived as likeable by many viewers so your point is moot re Aquaria.

by Anonymousreply 279June 17, 2018 12:31 AM

Eureka, Aquaria, and Cracker are more than just clothes hangers. They are all talented performers. They’re getting praised on the show for so much more than just the dresses they wear.

by Anonymousreply 280June 17, 2018 12:48 AM

I don't think they really changed the challenges much, Season 7 had some of the best challenges ever. Most of them were poorly performed. But they had the John Waters challenge, the half man/ half woman ballroom dancing, the despicable Shakesqueer disaster, conjoined twins and the summer/fall double runway show that set up Violet as a potential winner from episode one. Even All Stars 3 had one of the best challenges ever, The Bitchelor (thanks Kennedy and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman!) and the most difficult live one shot musical number finale with the top four. Very difficult and very well done by all, but SHANGELA fucking slayed. Season 10's musical finale was not "live" but heavily edited. Aquaria and Asia are the ones who did really well. The haters can hate but anyone with eyes can see that Eureka and Kameron fell behind in the choreography and lip synch to their own tracks and instead of cutting away they just reshot it a few times.

So no, the show hasn't changed the challenges much except to make the makeover dudes Youtube stars and change their underwear sponsor to something with ugly padding for the genderless youth. It's the blatant manipulation of who makes it to the final and wins based on the fanbase and Dragcon and Peanut Butter Bar sales that has become so gross. Viewers are up, the trans have calmed down, Valentina proved that online love alone can't make a loser win but can cause the rightful winner to lose. RuPaul doesn't really know how to update his show and doesn't want to, so they just do the same show, jokes, puns and challenges and THEN award the crown to someone undeserving according to the show's own criteria and rewards, but popular online. They fixed that this a bit this season by giving Aquaria wins that should have gone to Asia and Eureka. Many fans are teenage gender fluids, fat girls and queeny boys. A lot of racists who think that black queens are lippy and loud. Young racists because you know that's a trend too right? So thank god for Bob and Monet and Kennedy and Katya and Trixie and Sharon Needles having the guts to say something about what's so obvious to everyone but the old men of DL. Yes, you're racist and no one is a villain. It's all about catering to the base, but they never sought out the trans KKK teenagers. Those fucking freaks found Drag Race and have ruined aspects of the show for everyone and inhibited contestants spontaneity forever. RuPaul is decidedly uncomfortable with that and his alumni have to be very careful with these underage followers. Violet won because Ginger Minj was so heinous and it did not go unnoticed online. That was the turning point. Ginger was the first big girl winner up until a week before the finale. Violet is a superstar of the world and does some drag race events but she's sort of her own thing. Her fans are not only teenagers. Aquaria is pretty gorgeous and delightful, not as bad a choice as Trixie or Sasha. But Asia and Eureka are the only two deserving winners of Season 10. Neither will win of course because they are being actively hated on social media and subtly discounted on the show itself. Ru enjoys all of Eureka and sees the gorgeousness of Asia but they'll make their money in years to come from the exposure. Not from winning. Who wins is how RuPaul makes his money. It's about enterprises outside the show now. Teenagers buy merch and come to DragCon because they can't get into to gay bars. So they crown whoever the young online crowd likes best as long as they can speak and aren't a criminal. (Michelle had to admit how close some of the wins were when it came to Asia;) Hopefully Ru will untuck and locate his old hairy balls and crown Eureka. She's the all round winner. The LSFYL finale is not a serious thing. They fixed the outcome with wheel spins and clever camera work in season 9 and they will do it again. Wouldn't it be funny if Kamoron wins? That's what my boyfriend calls him.

Kamoron? I don't know who is rooting for him. His drag reminds me of Trixie. It's a very specific fetish look from a weird dude with problems.

by Anonymousreply 281June 17, 2018 1:03 AM

[Quote] The Bitchelor (thanks Kennedy and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman!)

Your attempt at Bendalachrist-erasure has been noted.

by Anonymousreply 282June 17, 2018 1:08 AM

[quote]Sasha Velour won for the (admittedly excellent) gimmick of shaking rose petals out of her gloves and wig, but Shea had been consistently stronger throughout the competition.

Shea's problem was that she phoned it in at the finale. A tired look and a lip sync worthy of a middle American drag show c.1999. She basically twirled around the stage in a pleather jump suit while Sasha stunned.

by Anonymousreply 283June 17, 2018 1:10 AM

Aquaria has the core strength of a gymnast with that ability to do a split in mid air. What's his background?

I watched some of those Battle on the Runway clips. Aquaria did well - she can move, it may be more of her strong point than tight lipsyncing.. Asia did her own song live... She shouldn't have. Yuhua was not sharp or rhythmic enough for her choreography. Eureka was grand and off putting. Monet had the audience in the palm of her hand.. Cracker was good too.

by Anonymousreply 284June 17, 2018 1:15 AM

At the Roscoe's broadcast, Boxy revealed that on the first day of her season, while each contestant was sequestered before making their workroom, one queen could be heard singing song X at the top of her lungs...

Come the day of Boxy's elimination, the prepared song was dropped for song X, and that one queen sent Boxy home with it.

by Anonymousreply 285June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

At the Roscoe's broadcast, Boxy revealed that on the first day of her season, while each contestant was sequestered before making their workroom, one queen could be heard singing song X at the top of her lungs...

Come the day of Boxy's elimination, the prepared song was dropped for song X, and that one queen sent Boxy home with it.

by Anonymousreply 286June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 287June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 288June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 289June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 290June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 291June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

by Anonymousreply 292June 17, 2018 1:28 AM

Violet was a terror on her season. However, she was given a soft edit. Even Willam admits that Miss Belli benefitted from the same treatment on his season.

by Anonymousreply 293June 17, 2018 1:30 AM

Apologies for the spamming. My phone froze and I kept pressing the post button.

by Anonymousreply 294June 17, 2018 1:32 AM

Pearl apparently sucked off a PA during filming and from the next season on WOW have apparently made sure never to have gay male PAs on set.

It's funny in one sense but it's discriminatory and ultimately not funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 295June 17, 2018 1:35 AM

Who is Boxy? Pandora Boxx?

by Anonymousreply 296June 17, 2018 1:39 AM

Yeah all that repeat posting and I have no idea WTF they're referring to.

by Anonymousreply 297June 17, 2018 1:44 AM

Do y'all really believe that Willam was kicked off the show because he had "conjugal" visits from his "husband" R295? The stories are well known all round. In short, Willam is the reason they are now segregated and locked into their hotel rooms and Jujubee is the reason they only get one cocktail....

Pearl is the reason that abused boys need padding.

by Anonymousreply 298June 17, 2018 1:44 AM

Jinkx sent Roxy home with a song that was switched at the last minute. That song had been belted out by Jinkx to all and sundry while the girls were each waiting in separate rooms before making their premiere workroom entrances.

It's all a fix. -Shrugs-

by Anonymousreply 299June 17, 2018 2:17 AM

R299 They get all the songs for the lip syncs when they first arrive, so what is your point?

by Anonymousreply 300June 17, 2018 2:23 AM

Except that Jinkx never sent Roxxy home. They both made top 3. Jinkx only lip synched once on Season 5 and she sent home Detox in 4th place. Listen to the Leslie Jones commentaries for season 5, she is hilarious and real time real. Jinkx was definitely the underdog.

by Anonymousreply 301June 17, 2018 2:24 AM

Well, I fucked up that retelling. Listen to Rixy here, from 42 minutes:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 17, 2018 2:36 AM

R302 You story makes no fucking sense. And no time to watch Rixy/Boxy/ Roccy I have a bus to catch........

by Anonymousreply 303June 17, 2018 2:39 AM

In short, the lipsync was tailored to Jinkx. They were told to prepare "Free Your Mind" by En Vogue. But the producers switched the song at short notice to a song Jinjx sang on the very first day of shooting.

by Anonymousreply 304June 17, 2018 2:47 AM

Poor underdog, huh?

by Anonymousreply 305June 17, 2018 2:48 AM

The last minute song switch was to "Malambo No. 1" by Yma Sumac.

by Anonymousreply 306June 17, 2018 2:53 AM

R304 Except Boxy was never sent home by Jinxx, are you drunk love?

by Anonymousreply 307June 17, 2018 2:58 AM

Not only was Boxy never sent home by Jinkx, she wasn't even on the show!

by Anonymousreply 308June 17, 2018 3:09 AM

No, Roxxxy didn't say who Jinkx sent home. I assumed it was Roxxxy but it was Detox.

Either way, Roxxxy laid it out how Jinkx had a helping hand. That "Malambo No. 1" song is no joke and it was already in Jinkx' repertoire.

by Anonymousreply 309June 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Don't front. Y'all have heard "Boxy Mandrews" before.

by Anonymousreply 310June 17, 2018 3:12 AM

It almost feel like winning is losing. Hear me out. If you lose, but get close to the crown (top 3/4) and/or you are a memorable character, you are basically garantueed more exposure on the All Stars. The winners get the crown and money (which isn't a lot btw) and that's it, no more TV time. I bet Eureka, Asia, Cracker and Monet all will appear in some All Stars in the future. All of them provide good tv.

by Anonymousreply 311June 17, 2018 3:13 AM

Roxxxy Andrews is a cunt and hates Jinkx, so grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 312June 17, 2018 3:13 AM

[Quote] The winners get the crown and money (which isn't a lot btw) and that's it, no more TV time.

Not if you're pussy, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 313June 17, 2018 3:17 AM

[Quote] Roxxxy Andrews is a cunt and hates Jinkx, so grain of salt.

I admire your commitment to the narrative you've been sold.

by Anonymousreply 314June 17, 2018 3:18 AM

Lord, I have accused the show of lots of bixy boxy fuckery, so it's possible they changed the song in Jinkx's favor. But they don't pick songs at random, so if Jinkx was singing it in the workroom that's because they are all sent all the LSFYL songs prior to filming and Jinkx was strange and crazy enough to be singing Mambo Italiano. Quiet as it's kept they don't just get the song the night before. They are informed the night before WHICH song it will be of the many they were given before they arrived for the competition. Latrice was sent home by a song too, sadly. She was unlucky? enough to be in the bottom for a Wynonna Judd song. Not exactly her strength or style. Why did Miz Cracker go home last week and Kameron survive 3 lip syncs? They wanted her gone, she had become a neurotic drone that's why. Nothing so great about Kameron. But Detox had every ability to beat Jinkx in their LSFYL. She's an advanced player. I suspect they wanted to break up Rolaskatox before the final three and Roxxy's candy dress was just too damn good to put her in the bottom. But if Jinkx had fucked it up too bad, she'd be gone. They didn't want Valentina to go, still she gone. Sometimes reality is better than fake reality.

I wish they'd remember that again.

*what r312 said.

And Jinkx WAS the underdog and hella picked on. Rewatch the Season. She'd never win today with her terrible runway looks but her talents and eccentricity got her to the crown. Alaska was t h i s close and totally expected to win. Jinkx winning season 5 felt right to most people and is not the same thing as rigging the whole damn show to appease little girls on the internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315June 17, 2018 3:19 AM

No. Malambo No. 1 was not among the list of lipsync numbers the contestants were given.

by Anonymousreply 316June 17, 2018 3:24 AM

I like Cracker worlds more than Kameron. And Kameron's signature moves have gotten old quickly but... he can move sexily. Cracker, not so much. Kameron sold "Nasty Girl" better, not exceptionally well, but better than Miz C.

by Anonymousreply 317June 17, 2018 3:27 AM

(My comment about Cracker was an aside....they would have happily dumped dull Kameron at that point if Cracker hadn't become such a drag.....so the song choice does comes into play. That crappy Vanity SeX song was more in the (frigid) Kameron's stage sexy crossing his legs I've been abused now I'm a stripper house. Cracker wasn't great at anything to be honest, but popular in the way that 5th place finishers often are. She has a winning personality:)

by Anonymousreply 318June 17, 2018 3:42 AM

Jinkx killed that lip sync against "Boxy" (or Detox), honestly it remains one of my favorite lip synch performances I've seen on this show. If a producer switched that song to let Jinkx have a showcase (it was obvious she was going to stay and Detox had to be the one to leave), they made the right call. That lip synch took away any doubts I had about Jinkx as a winner.

by Anonymousreply 319June 17, 2018 3:49 AM

Of course she killed that lipsync. The song was well known to her. She didn't have to learn it at short notice.

by Anonymousreply 320June 17, 2018 3:52 AM

[quote]Shea's problem was that she phoned it in at the finale. A tired look and a lip sync worthy of a middle American drag show c.1999. She basically twirled around the stage in a pleather jump suit while Sasha stunned.

I assume she thought because she was the obvious winner of the season the lip synch contest was a formality. It was obvious she didn't take it that seriously, whereas Sasha saw it as her opportunity to steal Shea's crown...and did it.

But yes, it is her fault, but hard to blame her. The lip synch for the crown stunt basically made all her hard word over the season meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 321June 17, 2018 3:56 AM

I'm sorry that Jinkx "robbed" Rolaskatox of their 'rightful' win, but you guys still got AS2 where Roxxxy was saved over and over again, so take comfort in that.

by Anonymousreply 322June 17, 2018 3:58 AM

Can someone remind me of Shannel exact line, it went something like: "Hey I'm classy. These are 600 dollah pants!"

by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2018 4:00 AM

I like Jinx. I think she's talented, one of the top queens. She may have beat Detox with "Free Your Mind" but the producers weren't willing to take that chance. I shared this story not to trash Jinkx - and it hardly uplifts Roxxxy, who wasn't even her lipsync opponent - but to point out that even so-called fair and square wins aren't necessarily that. The puppet masters are always at work, so there's really no point in talking about "real" or "deserved" wins.

by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2018 4:04 AM

R320. Ok, we now realize now you are drunk and crazy Bixy Andrews. I don't even think that story is true and not because the show wouldn't do shit like that but Boxy Bodysuit has been a world class cunt for 7 years and this is the first time she tells that story? Bitch showed up at the Pulse Shooting just to let everyone know she's okay. It's too late now to say Jinkx was handed her favorite song that no one else has ever heard of. The non disclosures have not run out. There is already talk of a great book when they do and I can't wait. The show was not smart. They are only 10 years...

#1. Rupaul doesn't know who any of them are.

by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2018 4:04 AM

RuPaul doesn't even know the names of his best squirrel friend's kids. And she only has two.

by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2018 4:07 AM

So confusing how the politics are left-leaning on gay and gender but so arch-conservative when it comes to nationalism.

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2018 4:12 AM

No, you told the story to deflect from the talk of the REAL fuckery and racism and catering to trans/teen/instagram fanatics that goes on NOW. Drag Race is NOT the same show it was in season 5. We are not distracted or deterred. Today the winners are FIXED and RuPaul don't give a rusty fuck. Plus lady, you didn't really tell any story. You quickly looked for some nonsense online and then repeated it all wrong. You're worse than Roxxy Andrews on the witness stand. There is no truth in your performance!!!

by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2018 4:15 AM

The winners were always fixed. See Willam's comments about Sharon getting a retake on her entrance, a courtesy that was NOT extended to any other contestant on that day.

by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2018 4:19 AM

Willam doesn’t know if Sharon got a retake due to a technical glitch. But Willam, and people like him, don’t want to know the truth, they just want a reason to justify their perpetual victimhood. So boring and stupid,

by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2018 4:40 AM

r314 Hi, Roxxxy! I just saw Roxxxy, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2018 5:10 AM

Example of the R252 "everyone is racist and an elderly white man" troll from the Chris Hardwick thread. I think there's a theme for this ignorant country-fried hick:

[quote]What about when he throws the green balls down the plinko board and colored people win money? He jumps up and down in his tiny lil suit and he seems so happy for the colored people/ and or school teachers. He seems so sad if a red ball lands on a big number and all the money goes away. He's good at asking questions and sneering at dumb answers while pretending to smile. I think he may be the next Pat Sajak.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2018 9:20 AM

^Who hurt you gramps? That post is funny.

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2018 9:42 AM

It's idiotic to believe anything Willam says. The bitch is fucking crazy and a first-rate manipulator. Remember the whole Trans incident, and how quickly he became "woke" and jumped on the bandwagon demanding Ru's head after the recent comments on Trans contestants.

And getting to re-do your entrance does not change the fact that Sharon slayed all of those bitches, including a legend like Chad Michaels.

James Mansfield got to do her entrance twice too...Where's her crown?

by Anonymousreply 334June 17, 2018 11:33 AM

r333 Twitter arguing tactic #43 "Who hurt you?"

by Anonymousreply 335June 17, 2018 4:15 PM

Willam is one of my favorites, but with the Sharon's entrance issue she is confusing. If Willam needed to be in New York before filming ended and she got her wish through her disqualification, why should she care about her entrance so much? What would she have done differently? Her entrance was pretty iconic as it was. (*licks the makeup kit* "Now no one else can have it!")

She also seemed pretty damn happy for Sharon's successes - notice her smiling when Sharon is announced the winner of the first challenge (while Phi Phi, standing next to her, glowers and seethes).

The T she spilled (posted at R147 upthread) is pretty funny though; I hear it in her voice as I'm reading it. Her getting fucked by the Untucked producer at the reunion, who then throws a glass at Raven? Hilarious. "The food was so bad Latrice threw a plate of it like a frisbee" - just visualizing that makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 336June 17, 2018 4:24 PM

Anyone else think Todrick was exceptionally annoying this episode? So rude during the vocal recordings and making fun of them, trying to be witty and failing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 337June 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Toddrick gives terrible advice too. Not every drag queen has to sound like a girl. He forces their voices into uncomfortable ranges and then autotunes the hell out of them. RuPaul sounds like a lady when he speaks and "sings" but that is not always necessary. Alaska does quite well with her deeper voice and the juxtaposition with her mock sexy and confessional intonations is part of what makes her own music fun. Toddrick did let his crush on Kameron show this week though, saying "he fine tho". I'm not into Kam but he did look like a snack with his camo cap and glasses on during the fake podcast segment. He still was the worst in the final challenge.

Aquaria might have won the crown with that last challenge. Bitch was close to flawless and that was real and extended choreo. And she looked amazing dammit. I think she's the wrong winner for the season and a manufactured queen. She was also the best. And she won Snatch Game. And her finale look was the best look anyone presented all season. Her dress cost more than Moniques whole wardrobe. So we'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Yeah Aquaria's VERY manufactured. I just don't like how it LOOKS like she spent a ton of money on her wardrobe and didn't make any of it herself. The other queens you see at least using the sewing machine once in awhile, and I know Aquaria attended a whole year at fashion school before dropping out, but...

I like how they didn't cut out the parts of Asia being a cunt to Eureka this episode, at least not all of them. I expect she's been like that the entire time. She clearly doesn't like Eureka but instead of admitting that she tries to come up with a reason why it's not really her fault.

by Anonymousreply 339June 17, 2018 7:22 PM

How “manufacturered” can a drag queen be at age 21?

by Anonymousreply 340June 17, 2018 7:32 PM

Toddrick is a bitch diva, even though he's a D-list celebrity. He really thinks he's somebody because he was in the Taylor Swift video.

by Anonymousreply 341June 17, 2018 7:41 PM

r340 easily, have you seen any boy bands? They are cookie cutter.

r341 yeah he's definitely feeling himself as hot shit.

by Anonymousreply 342June 17, 2018 8:13 PM

There is a multi-million dollar industry that supports the development of young boy band members. Not so much for drag queens.

Whatever, you hate Aquaria. Just say that instead of making up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 343June 17, 2018 8:17 PM

I like Aquaria but she hasn't exactly paid her dues. The boy is cute and funny and he knows it. When you have a several hundred thousand dollar wardrobe of clothes, shoes, jewellery and wigs....some of the pressure is off. He will for sure become well known but we haven't seen if he can actually entertain a crowd yet. Eureka earned the money for her much more modest wardrobe by working the circuit as a season nine RuGirl. Eureka is a drag queen, she tells jokes, acts a fool, pulls looks, dances the house down and lip syncs for her life every damn night. She isn't ironic country. She's small town Tennessee. I would like to see one more old style drag performer win the damn show before it's all just instagram fashion bitches with expense accounts. Rooting for Eureka. Aquaria doesn't need the crown, I'm sure she has real tiaras at home.

Speaking of hard working professionals, who tried and tried again, until they succeeded on their own merits.... they love Shangela in Helsinki! She Werks The World. She earned it. I love her too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 17, 2018 10:25 PM

You can harp on about wardrobe to your heart's content, but Aquaria distinguished herself with a nothing part in the lousy Breastworld. The bitch has performing talent, wardrobe or no wardrobe (have his nudes leaked?). Monet was the best in that challenge of course.

by Anonymousreply 345June 17, 2018 10:39 PM

Shangela and Bianca host the shows but Bianca can't do this. Shangela is a STAR baby. You don't need the crown to be queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 17, 2018 10:40 PM

[Quote]I've always said that the show peaked on Season 6. Great mix of queens, challenges, plots and twists that weren't insulting to the viewer and a winner that elevated the brand. Glad to see posters like [R260] coming around to it.

R260 here. I was really surprised with how enjoyable Season 6 was after rewatching it!! I can't remember WHY I didn't like it at the time. Maybe Bianca just felt too obvious? Overall, it was a well put together season.

I just restated watching season 5 yesterday. This season had so many memorable queens, but so many I completely forgot about. Remember Serena Cha Cha? That's what I thought.

by Anonymousreply 347June 17, 2018 10:41 PM

You can go to Youtube and see Aquaria entertaining the crowd at the Battle on the Runway gig hosted by Miss Shangie. There's an actual audience. You can observe them. Get out your clapometer etc.

by Anonymousreply 348June 17, 2018 10:42 PM

R348 .....and Aqauria is funny?

by Anonymousreply 349June 17, 2018 10:43 PM

If Eureka could have earned the money for her wardrobe by working a Sugar Daddy, she would have, but she's what? Not that Kind of Girl!

by Anonymousreply 350June 17, 2018 10:44 PM

Why was Shangela so wooden opposite Jenifer Lewis on that web series?

by Anonymousreply 351June 17, 2018 10:46 PM

I've seen Aquaria perform. No claps needed.

by Anonymousreply 352June 17, 2018 10:46 PM

Does Aquaria have a big cock?

by Anonymousreply 353June 17, 2018 10:46 PM

Aquaria won Snatch Game. What's your point?

Neither Aquaria or Eureka went for funny at the Battle on the Runway show. And what? Monet's number was funny. And what?

by Anonymousreply 354June 17, 2018 10:48 PM

Now that Ms. Cracker has been eliminated, I've lost interest in this season. I really don't care who wins, because I don't like any of the final four.

I have a feeling that humongous cow is gonna win, though. Ru needs to be socially and politically correct and finally select a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 355June 17, 2018 10:54 PM

[quote] Ru needs to be socially and politically correct

Is that why white guys have won over more deserving black contestants the last two seasons...? A lot of fan base would like to see some of this supposed social and poltical correctness.

by Anonymousreply 356June 17, 2018 10:58 PM

Ru selects a fatty every season. Haven't you seen the judging panel?

by Anonymousreply 357June 17, 2018 11:01 PM

The video of Shangela. AS3 rightful winner were 1) Dela (the dumb bitch eliminated herself when it was obvious she was heading straight for the win, like Alaska did on AS2), and 2) Shangela. Trixie is one of those great queens that don't translate well into the show's format,, like Detox.

by Anonymousreply 358June 17, 2018 11:05 PM

R356 Bob the Drag Queen won.

by Anonymousreply 359June 17, 2018 11:08 PM

Who the else could they give it to r359? Kim Chi was supposedly his biggest competition and the bitch didn't even know how to walk in a pair of heels.

J

by Anonymousreply 360June 17, 2018 11:12 PM

Naomi Smalls getting in top 3 was such a joke. Really a forgettable queen if there ever was one.

by Anonymousreply 361June 17, 2018 11:14 PM

And a nasty cunt too!!!!

by Anonymousreply 362June 17, 2018 11:22 PM

Naomi had a fab model body.

by Anonymousreply 363June 17, 2018 11:26 PM

r343 you may not have understood it, as it was clearly not bullshit. And true, I don't like her, but I also don't think she's all that, either. You seem to be an Aquaria stan. I'm sorry if a differing opinion offends you where you need to be a cunt about it.

by Anonymousreply 364June 17, 2018 11:29 PM

You don't like her BUT you also don't think she's all that? Make it make sense.

by Anonymousreply 365June 17, 2018 11:33 PM

This may be of some help r365

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 17, 2018 11:42 PM

Have you read it? If you had, you would have used "and" instead of "but" in your original, poorly written sentence.

by Anonymousreply 367June 17, 2018 11:55 PM

r367 whatever, you're boring me now, scurry away.

r360 Thorgy Thor was pretty good that season. I have no idea why he didn't make it to the last stage. He was great at acting, could be hilarious, had real talent, and his looks and presentation were pretty well done. And I didn't get the sense of fakeitude from him like I get from a lot of the queens this season (Asia, Aquaria, even Eureka, although she's a lot smoother about it).

If I have to listen to another "Look, I'm sorry for that cunty thing I said yesterday, it wasn't right and after considering how it might look on TV to people I've decided to be the better person, (even though I was clearly probably right)". Asia did it this episode with her "Miz Cracker isn't a star" comment (but she layered that apology with a lot of shade), Aquaria's done it at least three times this season, and it always seems so contrived. She's younger and less polished about it so it really stands out with her.

Usually Ru doesn't have quite so much "Mama Ru" time where she pretends to be a therapist, but this season has been ALL ABOUT that, so much so that those parts are not very entertaining.

And I have no idea wtf was with that "Salute to the flag" bit where they're singing about being Americans - to be honest I kind of zoned out for great parts of the episode because they were going on and on about growing up and being outcasts but drag has saved them and that's why they should be America's Next Top Model (oops, sorry, that's what Aquaria was thinking) and they want to do it to show ALL THE LITTLE GIRLS AND BOYS that you can BE SOMETHING or whatever and blah blah blech.

They all talk in cliches when they're speaking to Therapist Ru - Kameron's bit was really bad where he just lined up three of them back to back when he was talking about himself. Like, actual cliches, something you'd see printed in big type on an inspirational meme post from some housewife. Or it's thought-terminating cliches, like "it is what it is". I think you could easily just scan in an inspirational quote-a-day calendar and regurgitate parts at random and it would probably make as much sense.

This episode was incredibly shmaltzy and there's been a lot of that this season.

by Anonymousreply 368June 17, 2018 11:56 PM

Apology accepted.

by Anonymousreply 369June 18, 2018 1:13 AM

Listen and learn. You know who you are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 18, 2018 4:16 AM

Courtney gets more amazing every day. A real light in everyone's community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 18, 2018 4:17 AM

Aquaria is a nasty bitch who's full of herself in real life. She makes Raja look charming by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 372June 18, 2018 4:38 AM

How big is his dick?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 18, 2018 4:45 AM

Aquaria winning will annoy me to no end. She plays the cute girl act very well but her nasty true colors show at times, specially in her being annoyed by the double shantay.

by Anonymousreply 374June 18, 2018 4:45 AM

And Kameron - how big his schlong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 18, 2018 4:46 AM

Remember long ago when they were accusing Aquaria of copping Miz Cracker's looks? How quaint.

by Anonymousreply 376June 18, 2018 8:24 AM

R374 yes exactly. She and Asia have both shown their true colours more than once and then later apologize for it. The apologies always seem contrived. In the real world I'd be surprised if they had those followup "teachable moments".

by Anonymousreply 377June 18, 2018 8:33 AM

R369

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378June 18, 2018 8:50 AM

Aquaria is clearly the front runner and probably has this in the bag unless the producers decide to surprise us and go with one of the others.

by Anonymousreply 379June 18, 2018 12:46 PM

I watched the Roscoe's viewing party with Asia O'Hara, Alaska Thunderfuck and Karen from Finance. Asia spilled that Kameron was the only one to not help when The Vixen was physically attacked a few weeks ago. It reminded me of Finding Prince Charming - dem muscles are just fo' show.

by Anonymousreply 380June 18, 2018 12:49 PM

Funnily enough, Asia mentioned that Blair was singing to herself at the top of her lungs while the girls separately waited to make their entrances on episode 1. Alaska chimed in that Jinkx was the same... so that's two queens who've confirmed it.

by Anonymousreply 381June 18, 2018 12:52 PM

r380 I'm curious but The Vixen can defend herself, right? Drag queens aren't known for being thin-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 382June 18, 2018 4:39 PM

The vixen was physically attacked? That's messed up. Violence is never acceptable but how am I supposed to say that I'm surprised this situation happened to her when she is too proud to back down on anything and goes out of her way to be a disturbance at all times..

by Anonymousreply 383June 18, 2018 4:53 PM

Someone threw a drink at her. It gets boiled down into "PHYSICALLY ATTACKED" because that sounds scarier.

by Anonymousreply 384June 18, 2018 4:56 PM

Depends on the drink r384.

by Anonymousreply 385June 18, 2018 5:25 PM

The Vixen has sat front row at several of the Roscoe viewing parties. Trannika usually shouts him out and asks a question or two. He doesn't demand attention or shout out a bunch of stuff. Detox was the loud one at the Asia/Alaska featured one.

by Anonymousreply 386June 18, 2018 5:44 PM

The Vixen is a sweet guy and a cutie. He has boundaries but he's not rude about it. He's discovering the larger world is both a more welcoming and dangerous place if you're even demi famous. That degenerate creep Chi Chi LaRue just tried to get Vixen to do porn.

by Anonymousreply 387June 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Why is Vixen hanging out in drag bars instead of making money onstage?

Oh.....

by Anonymousreply 388June 18, 2018 8:59 PM

LOL r388

by Anonymousreply 389June 18, 2018 9:07 PM

Ooo y'all shady

by Anonymousreply 390June 18, 2018 11:26 PM

The Vixen was busy doing her first international gigs in London, planning the expanded Black Girl Magic show and becoming a leader of the black queer community. Many of us admire her as a talent and an inspirational human being. A lot of old white f@gs dislike her. Continue with your racist hate. You are part of the problem. We don't need more of you and you surely don't actually ever buy a ticket. The Vixen don't care if you don't like her. She is not wasting her time, she is getting her message OUT. We celebrate her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391June 19, 2018 2:06 AM

1) It was a joke

2) You lose anyone taking you seriously when you come into a gay board throwing around a homophobic slur. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 392June 19, 2018 2:09 AM

R391 Thanks Vixen. Also, could you not speak for black women, they can speak for themselves and they do not require a manly jawed drag queen defining what 'black girl magic' is. Also please use women, not girls,

by Anonymousreply 393June 19, 2018 2:13 AM

Well I'm glad the Vixen has at least some fans out there that can help her get her bills paid, even if they're from the "woke" crowd who throw the f-bomb towards anyone who dares to disagree with them. A bitch has gotta eat.

by Anonymousreply 394June 19, 2018 2:21 AM

Black Girl Magic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 19, 2018 2:31 AM

LUCI STOOLE???

by Anonymousreply 396June 19, 2018 3:26 AM

Role Model

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 19, 2018 3:27 AM

Season 6 top three are still best friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398June 19, 2018 7:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 19, 2018 7:07 AM

Ru should have sent one of those queens home. But it was no surprise because they carefully scripted all the comments of the panel to make every single one of them have a convincing, humane rationale. I would have sent home Acquaria just for being young and too rich and fuckable. I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 400June 19, 2018 7:09 AM

I wanna see the PA that pearl sucked off. Sexy little slut. I wonder if he was one of the ones who appeared on the new untucked format.

by Anonymousreply 401June 19, 2018 8:43 AM

Yes, it's PA semen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 19, 2018 9:22 AM

R395 a black woman like the men in the show? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 403June 19, 2018 9:32 AM

Miz Cracker captioned this: My heart is Bursting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Vixen weaponized wokeness and turned it against his own, which is beyond the pale, especially because we have far more pressing issues to deal with right now (the Racist-In-Chief, for starters). He deserves all the nastiness coming his way.

I just hope to never hear about him again after the finale.

by Anonymousreply 405June 19, 2018 5:52 PM

The racist - in - chief? Did y'all just awake from a 3 year nap. You're not woke you're barely conscious. The Vixen did not turn anything against her own people. She's a catalyst for change in the way she knows how to be. She took a hit for the team y'all. She's opening doors and challenging assumptions. She runs on instinct and lives a brave tough life. She hurt her own brand, but raised the bar. It's all good for everyone. Wait for the reunion, The Vixen ain't no villain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 19, 2018 6:30 PM

R402 People shit on Pearl but this moment alone meant he deserved his top 3 spot.

by Anonymousreply 407June 19, 2018 7:55 PM

I also think Pearl gave one of the most dignified speeches to his child self. He didn't give in to the shameless sentimentality of it. There's something appealingly private about him.

by Anonymousreply 408June 19, 2018 8:08 PM

R408 Yeah his leaked cock pic was very private

by Anonymousreply 409June 19, 2018 8:11 PM

It would have been if he didn't have tats.

by Anonymousreply 410June 19, 2018 8:29 PM

Pearl is not liked by many of the other queens. It's not divadom, he's just a dull lazy talentless sloth with a bad attitude and unprofessional behavior. (drugs) He doesn't look much like that Pearl anymore either. His nose has been smashed up, he has new teeth and a bloated face, dark circles. He still has lots of fans of course but he's not really a drag queen and sure as hell is no Miss Fame or Violet Chachki in the fashion world. Instagram stardom & big city problems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411June 19, 2018 8:37 PM

Yeah there is a lot of bad blood from queens and promoters who have worked with Pearl. Unprofessional is a term you hear a lot.

by Anonymousreply 412June 19, 2018 8:54 PM

His SJP transformation video is hilarious, though.

by Anonymousreply 413June 19, 2018 8:58 PM

Pearl's new teef look as over-the-top-fake as Asia's. Same cosmetic dentist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 19, 2018 9:47 PM

Asia's look all of a piece, like a denture that she can slip out. That's actually preferable if he wants to go back to square one.

Pearl was snippy on the Hey Qween DragCon special, saying that he's not 23 anymore, as if that were 100 years ago... He's 27.

by Anonymousreply 415June 19, 2018 9:58 PM

I'd blow Pearl, in a nanosecond.

by Anonymousreply 416June 19, 2018 9:58 PM

So would just about any horny gay man r416 (he's a very pretty man with a very nice dick), but I would never pay a cent to see him DJ or perform on stage. He's got all of the charisma and talent of overcooked linguini.

by Anonymousreply 417June 20, 2018 12:47 AM

R417 perhaps he and The Vixen can start a girls tour together!

by Anonymousreply 418June 20, 2018 1:02 AM

Somehow Pearl became a Drag Race punchline, kind of like Honey Mahogany.

by Anonymousreply 419June 20, 2018 1:07 AM

[quote]Somehow Pearl became a Drag Race punchline, kind of like Honey Mahogany.

Not somehow. Pearl is a punchline because his top 3 placement in his season was solely to please the Instagram worshiping RPDR fan base on Reddit - really the whole season was.. They still adore Pearl and merely tolerate the lasting talent of that top 3, Ginger Minj (not to mention the perhaps even more popular also-rans Katya and Trixie). I'd bet a paycheck that if you added up the 1099's of that top 3, Ginger has made double what Pearl and Violet have pulled in combined since that season ended (and you could probably add in the earnings of the other boring as fuck Instagram darling of that season, the glorified Mac counter make-up artist Miss Fame, and Ginger would still come out on top).

by Anonymousreply 420June 20, 2018 3:19 AM

Asia O'hara has a post about being threatened with being set on fire. For the few of you who keep saying that black queens are too outspoken or raggedy or ghetto, I tell you that you are racist and part of a problem. Yours is a feeling shared by many of the Drag Race fandom, and the rest of the U.S. It doesn't matter if you threaten or commit violence, it matters when you diminish, criticize, demean and lesson the accomplishments of people of color because of their color. Kennedy Davenport was threatened and had hate poured on her for years after she beat Katya in a lip sync. Jasmine Masters was pilloried. All of the black queens receive hate that some of you can't imagine and others hold in your own heart. The show hurts people but black people are not victims. Anyone who bothered to learn about The Vixen would understand what happened in Chicago. And as much as I think Eureka deserves to win, I think that the black contestants were uneasy with her for a reason this season. The Vixen wasn't afraid to call it out. Eureka can't possibly love everyone she claims to love. Some of us make no such false claims. White people are ugly devils except for many who aren't.

Note that Miss Fame, Pandora Boxx, The Vixen, Aquaria and others send messages of support and humor to Asia. Datalounge doesn't like to hear about these things and will turn it around to point out the few white drag race contestants who have been targeted online too. But to be black and in the public eye, to be black and prideful, to be black and to do better than a white person outside of the sports arena brings a world of hate down on people. Asia was set on fire when he was young and has been threatened to be set on fire again. Who knows why, but it was serious enough for her/him to post it. The finale is filmed already so don't even try it. There can be no justification for it. Yes, the online world is threatening and full of casual cruelty and racial hatred. You can also read it on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 20, 2018 7:55 AM

Asia talks about working in clubs now and sometimes being told it's because they couldn't afford Kameron or Eureka or Miz Cracker. He says that he has never experienced much racial discrimination or barriers in his life until he was confronted by the Drag Race fandom. The discussion is finally open, thanks to The Vixen and Asia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422June 20, 2018 8:12 AM

I'm sorry, but what kind of an asinine statement is

[quote]White people are ugly devils except for many who aren't.

I get you're trying to paint The Vixen and Asia after the fact as some kind of race warriors, but just fucking watch the season. The Vixen has a short fuse and a severely bullying attitude and accuses others of the same behavior she engages in. Asia has a nasty mean streak and a know-it-all attitude that is undeserved, and her performance in the first two episodes of the season, as well as the last one, show her actual nature, and frankly her dislike of Eureka comes across more as jealousy than any sort of noble statement she's attempting to make.

You're clutching at straws here. There's better queens to stand behind on race issues. Just because these specific two (which you clearly are a huge fan of) are using them as an excuse for their behavior and a way to be self-aggrandizing and gain undeserved publicity doesn't mean they are champions for the cause.

Cry "racism" and call everyone who disagrees with you a racist all you like, but that doesn't make it true, or even useful.

by Anonymousreply 423June 20, 2018 8:26 AM

You're many previous posts prove you to be one who argues that nothing is ever racist, ever. I understand that you're elderly and not very self aware R423. People like you are not such a threat to Asia (I doubt you even know how to use twitter of IG) but you are part of the end to the whole country. I bet you loved Obama, the toilet trained nigga. Datalounge will never change until all the ancient white racist gay men are dead. That will come soon enough. Don't advise me who to champion or care about gramps. I wish you good luck with yourself. The struggle is real. Most are not as blatant as you here and you are much more blatantly racist than you think. Get some rest.

by Anonymousreply 424June 20, 2018 8:40 AM

Hahaha I knew it was you, you one-note twat. Such an obvious fool. You can't respond to my actual comments so you make up a bunch of strawmen and then just invent facts to suit your own agenda. Sure you don't have a Trump rally to get to?

by Anonymousreply 425June 20, 2018 8:46 AM

R421 So a troll sens a stupid tweet to Asia and now everyone who doesn't take this as proof Drag Race fandom is full of white racists who are going to burn all the black queens...or something...Jut fuck off and take ya meds. And Vixen is his own worst enemy. That and his over developed make jawline

by Anonymousreply 426June 20, 2018 8:50 AM

^jawline

by Anonymousreply 427June 20, 2018 8:52 AM

What offends me most about Vixen is her lack of talent. Kind of an orange that has been drained of all its juice - appealing on the outside, untimately disappointing

by Anonymousreply 428June 20, 2018 8:56 AM

No, what offends you is that she is black and outspoken, radical even. Beautiful and handsome and talented enough to get this attention. Intelligent about her cause and charming as she wants to be. Young and brave enough to marry a man who is HIV+. A tough kid from the south side of Chicago who is about to travel the world and enjoy some success. That would not bother anyone who isn't deeply racist. Why should you be offended at all? Because you're an old white racist fag. I call you a fag the way you want to call me a nigger. I'm gay and black, handsome as fuck and not a drag queen at all. Too muscular, too much jaw, too big to tuck. We feel your hatred. Don't pretend it's disapproval or based on some other criteria. You're an ancient white racist fag. DL is full of them, although you are one of the more stupid.

by Anonymousreply 429June 20, 2018 9:05 AM

Am sure, as this is DL, if somebody wanted to call you a nigger they would. But that is your trip, playing the Victim, like the barely talented Vixen. And her dumpster costumes.

by Anonymousreply 430June 20, 2018 9:07 AM

R429 is subluxating! Everyone stand back, he also has IBS!

by Anonymousreply 431June 20, 2018 9:09 AM

People are persuaded by facts and talent. The talent and taste expressed by the Vixen is questionable...at best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 20, 2018 10:04 AM

fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 20, 2018 10:25 AM

R433 Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 434June 20, 2018 10:32 AM

I detect the distinct odour of unwashed vagina from the club depicted in r33.

by Anonymousreply 435June 20, 2018 10:35 AM

Remember when it used to be fun to talk about Drag Race?

by Anonymousreply 436June 20, 2018 11:39 AM

r436 it's not allowed to be fun anymore, because it is about race and oppression, always and forever!@$

by Anonymousreply 437June 20, 2018 11:41 AM

You ain't helping r437.

by Anonymousreply 438June 20, 2018 11:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439June 20, 2018 12:30 PM

I don't know, r420, Violet makes a lot of money in Europe with her burlesque act (she's on par with Dita Von Teese) and Miss Fame with her makeup symposiums-she's gone to Dubai for them, where even the Kardashian makeup artists go.

by Anonymousreply 440June 20, 2018 2:46 PM

I don't know that it's a good thing to bring attention to what trolls write online. They write threats to hurt. Why would they feel bad or rethink their actions after being referenced? They are either young, stupid, disturbed or all three. They're more likely flicking their bean at the confirmation that they've spooked you, Asia. Go to your friends for support. The people out there in the dark are only for applause and tips. They are not your support network.

by Anonymousreply 441June 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Let's change the subject for a moment from the current battle between the muscular, handsome as fuck black Vixen fan (who is too big to tuck), and the mean, cruel, ancient white men of Datalounge....

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, as it's total DL catnip. Obnoxious fans (mostly fraus) acting a fool during Drag Race queens' performances.

Yeah, I know alcohol impairs judgement, but why would these morons think the queens want them on stage with them, grabbing them, etc.? The tip stealing was the absolute worst.

And how useless is security these days? How about removing the chair where the drunk as fuck bitch who pissed and shit on herself was sitting, so that someone else (wearing white jeans) doesn't sit on it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442June 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Real, live, elderly, gay, white guy here! 49 by I look 48. Give me your best, babe

by Anonymousreply 443June 20, 2018 9:11 PM

R442 Any performer working a bar will know and expect some of this. Remember when Drag Queens used to be tough as nails and would put an unruly fan in their place, versus subluxating and fleeing to the comfort of their Twitter followers? That's a challenge I would like to see on the show. How well do you handle the drunk assholes in the crowd? Comedians deal with that shit all the time.

Of course, the strapping, muscular young black man (who isn't really black, he's Cuban, and his sizemeat is large because of a malignant tumor) may have other thoughts about these wilting petals.

by Anonymousreply 444June 20, 2018 10:23 PM

In one of the early seasons of Drag Race, they had a “day drag” challenge where the queens had to interact with passersby on Hollywood Blvd. IIRC they were begging/asking for tips. Not everyone on the street was friendly. It was great TV.

by Anonymousreply 445June 21, 2018 12:14 AM

Good allies listen. Not many of those on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 21, 2018 6:19 AM

Wiggles and Drag Queens, Toronto Pride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447June 21, 2018 6:33 AM

Any gossip about the reunion?

by Anonymousreply 448June 21, 2018 7:27 AM

The Vixen announces she's a trans biracial and is, in fact, Steve Harvey's father.

by Anonymousreply 449June 21, 2018 8:53 AM

r442's actual appearance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 21, 2018 9:45 AM

r445- I seem to remember a challenge where they had to put on a comedy/musical bit in front of a live audience and be heckled.

by Anonymousreply 451June 21, 2018 4:23 PM

R451, wasn’t that the first All Stars?

by Anonymousreply 452June 21, 2018 5:33 PM

I only remember Dela being heckled by the same guy who was Jinkx's season 5 makeover partner. He shouted, 'Tell us a joke,' Dela stuttered a goodnight and ran off the stage. Found it: it's the Drag Queens of Comedy episode, season 6. They also show a shot of a woman knitting. And poor Lagangja. . .

R451, the All-Stars 2 Drag Queens of Comedy episode had an audience of previous Drag Race queens. Other than Porkchop's permastank face, there wasn't much heckling, if any.

by Anonymousreply 453June 21, 2018 6:19 PM

Was Vangie this ghetto when she was in the competition?

by Anonymousreply 454June 22, 2018 12:06 AM

Um, YES. And it came off like an affectation there too.

by Anonymousreply 455June 22, 2018 12:26 AM

Ru is not having it and I am LIVING for it

by Anonymousreply 456June 22, 2018 12:35 AM

Did Cracker get a little botox? Her face looks EXTREMELY smooth and doll-like. I don't hate it! This is the best makeup job she's done so far.

by Anonymousreply 457June 22, 2018 12:49 AM

R456 what was Ru not having ?

by Anonymousreply 458June 22, 2018 12:54 AM

Wow, The Vixen just stormed off the reunion. She's still burning bridges.

I don't have strong feelings about V either way. Just surprised she's continuing the story line...

by Anonymousreply 459June 22, 2018 1:14 AM

I love the freckles on Aquaria

by Anonymousreply 460June 22, 2018 1:19 AM

Not a single vote for Kameron to win. Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 461June 22, 2018 1:32 AM

r461 Is anyone surprised? The bitch is the most questionable queen to ever be in the top 4. She did not do a single thing worthy of being in the finale all season.

by Anonymousreply 462June 22, 2018 1:34 AM

Queens for Aquaria: “She’s the future of drag!”

Queens for Asia: “She’s a good person!”

Queens for Eureka: “She’s a nice, big girl!”

This isn’t “RuPaul’s Good Person Race”! Aquaria deserves that crown.

by Anonymousreply 463June 22, 2018 2:05 AM

Can someone explain me how Aquaria is the future of drag?

by Anonymousreply 464June 22, 2018 2:53 AM

Can Aquaria spell drag? She seems as stupid as a post

by Anonymousreply 465June 22, 2018 2:56 AM

A lot of people fap to Aquaria. She can spell D-A-D-D-Y.

by Anonymousreply 466June 22, 2018 2:57 AM

It's the excuse they use when they're giving the crown to young queens who barely have done anything, but are appealing to the fanbase because "one of us!" In Aquaria's case, the "future of drag" is her buying expensive outfits paid for by her sugar daddy(ies) and wearing them and looking pretty. She's essentially a newer model of the slightly (but only slightly)-less-fake Valentina.

by Anonymousreply 467June 22, 2018 2:58 AM

R467 Yeah stupid as posts, all about looks but not funny or witty or entertaining

by Anonymousreply 468June 22, 2018 3:00 AM

I love Aquaria's look.

Eureka looks fabulous as usual.

What the fuck are those horns on Kameron??

Why does Asia look like she gained 30 pounds?? Is it the necklace that completely hides her neck??

All the other queens looked good.

by Anonymousreply 469June 22, 2018 3:03 AM

Remember when Sharon Needles was the future of drag?

by Anonymousreply 470June 22, 2018 3:03 AM

r469 asia has always had a potbelly body that she hid with padding and corsets.

by Anonymousreply 471June 22, 2018 3:04 AM

I remember when Violet was the future of drag. She's beautiful, but essentially she's just a transvestite burlesque dancer.

by Anonymousreply 472June 22, 2018 3:05 AM

Growing on me: Dusty

I’ve had sufficient: Karb, YooHoo, Vangie, Kameron

by Anonymousreply 473June 22, 2018 3:07 AM

Does anyone else really find Vangie's contact lenses disturbing? I know she's going for the look as it's part of her drag, but she looks homicidal, like she'd be the villain in a slasher pic.

by Anonymousreply 474June 22, 2018 3:09 AM

Everything Aquaria did, Violet did AND BETTER. Her winning would be such a joke!!! Bringing a (sugar daddy paid?) $100k wardrobe a winner DOES NOT MAKE. At this point I would rather Asia or even Kameron.

by Anonymousreply 475June 22, 2018 3:11 AM

I couldn't give two shits about The Vixen, but I cannot fucking stand Miz Cracker. This bitch is so delusional.

by Anonymousreply 476June 22, 2018 3:16 AM

Miz Cracker wasn't much fun. Great face painter but her humor is forced and she seems really neurotic. Even her name and review with a jew is pretty schlocky. I think the New York queens have always been the most delusional. They do better on a second go round. The Vixen won't be back for All Stars 4 after the photo she just posted on Instagram but I'll be happy to see Monet and hopefully Monique. Blair St. Clair will definitely be back whether I want her or not. Kameron won't be asked back. No one wants to take another 12 week nap with that one. I have a soft spot for Asia's glamor but I think we've seen all she can do too. I really hope Eureka can win this thing.

by Anonymousreply 477June 22, 2018 3:28 AM

In case anyone else was curious, The Vixen (an hour ago) posted a photo of herself hanging from a noose surrounded by dead bodies, with the caption "Beware of white tears". I'm not sure the intent other than being provocative for the sake of attention-seeking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478June 22, 2018 3:38 AM

The Vixen has many good reasons to post pictures and be on instagram live right now. Not sure it's wise. The way RuPaul behaved tonight made me sad. Black twitter is burning up over it. The show lost some fans for sure. Ru had his Tyra Banks moment but it was grossy insincere and very dirty work. He's a total sellout. Asia is THE queen. Good man.

by Anonymousreply 479June 22, 2018 4:06 AM

Well, Vixen is delusional, no white tears for the funny little boy in a dress

by Anonymousreply 480June 22, 2018 4:16 AM

Violet did better than Aquaria at The Snatch Game?! No, she didn't r475.

by Anonymousreply 481June 22, 2018 4:37 AM

Monique is ACTING.

by Anonymousreply 482June 22, 2018 4:37 AM

Asia is ACTING

by Anonymousreply 483June 22, 2018 4:40 AM

As eyerollong as Ru can be, his reply to Asia's woe over The Vixen, was on point.

I do agree that the approach to Eureka was different than The Vixen received over their fight, but Eureka is smart enough to de-escalate when Ru said Eureka wasn't getting off the hook.

Did the Vixen misremember Monet talking down Miz Cracker? I can't recall that part.

by Anonymousreply 484June 22, 2018 4:44 AM

I have the reunion on dvr and haven't watched it yet but I saw this tweet on my Twitter feed and was curious. What's the story behind it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 22, 2018 4:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486June 22, 2018 4:50 AM

I'm surprised they kept Shania in the clip show.

by Anonymousreply 487June 22, 2018 5:01 AM

Interesting that Kameron's such an avoidant type. I wonder if he has social anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 488June 22, 2018 5:10 AM

Dusty made himself heard pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 489June 22, 2018 5:12 AM

Not one vote for Kameron. Ooh. You got that cold shoulder right back, Kam.

by Anonymousreply 490June 22, 2018 5:15 AM

"you are my teachers".

Snort.

by Anonymousreply 491June 22, 2018 5:15 AM

I didn’t realize how much Kameron was disliked by the other queens on the show.

by Anonymousreply 492June 22, 2018 5:33 AM

Miz Cracker looked miserable.

by Anonymousreply 493June 22, 2018 5:58 AM

Probably, R488. He did mention in the makeover episode how he gets anxious around straight men, which is surprising considering he lives in the gym and you'd expect that he'd interact with them on occasion, unless he lives in a gay ghetto. (Is there one in Nashville?)

[quote]Dusty made himself heard pretty well.

Yup. I liked how he expanded on those conversion therapy camps, which makes it even more ludicrous when assholes try to pass it off as 'no big deal'.

by Anonymousreply 494June 22, 2018 6:00 AM

Vixen will not last long for this world. He'll explode soon.

by Anonymousreply 495June 22, 2018 6:03 AM

This idea that Kameron lives in the gym comes from old men and skinny lil girly boys who don't go to the gym. Yeah, he has muscles but he's a little guy, mesomorph. And his muscles are really soft for a guy so young. He could get that look at 75 minutes, 3 times a week. Not exactly a bodybuilder. I suspect Kameron is older than what we've been told. The harsher reunion lights were not kind to him. Anyway, he's a dud. Aquaria is dumb and looked dumber tonight. Monique and The Vixen looked more beautiful and Miss Vangie had the best line of the night. That queen ain't going away. The way RuPaul protected Eureka convinces me more that she's the winner. He's being called CoonPaul on twitter at the moment. Harsh.

by Anonymousreply 496June 22, 2018 6:10 AM

I follow the show closely and still have no clue how I’m supposed to see Vixen as some martyr and Eureka as some villain. There was nothing to indicate Eureka did anything offensive other than having a loud personality. Yeah, the Vixen wasn’t loud at all. She is very manipulative but not smart enough to pull it off. I’m over her!

by Anonymousreply 497June 22, 2018 7:59 AM

You miss a lot R497. The Vixen will be alright but RuPaul has hurt his reputation a great deal. It's not about the fight, it's about who is being told they are wrong. And Why. RuPaul's insensitivity to Asia, and everything but his own "message." There are many opinions but the tone policing was on full display. The AV club reviewer covers it very well and got it right. He watches the show closely too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498June 22, 2018 8:46 AM

The T

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499June 22, 2018 8:58 AM

Queen Asia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 22, 2018 9:13 AM

Courtney Act

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 22, 2018 9:17 AM

R497 basically because The Vixen is black and claiming racial oppression and white privilege as her nemesi, you're expected to ignore what she does and how she acts and give her fanatical support, no matter what the actual facts are, because there are underlying, hidden reasons for everything that explain away her behavior and make her the victim in any situation, even one of her own making.

She's the #metoo of drag, in other words. The reason some people are responding to her that way is because they are channeling that same rage and desire to force the world to behave as they desire and inappropriately applying it to any situation that has the right combination of intersections. They can't back down or give even a little no matter what is uncovered, because the approach is not based in logic.

by Anonymousreply 502June 22, 2018 9:18 AM

The New York Times review. It's pretty good this week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 22, 2018 9:19 AM

Good quote from Reddit:

"Vixen logic : she wasn't attacking or instigating because she was telling the truth.

Applying this to the other Queens and ru:... No one has attacked the vixen at all and she left due to too much truth telling.

Ouch. Walking off without being attacked looks really bad."

by Anonymousreply 504June 22, 2018 9:34 AM

Asia's most recent public appearance with the top four....speaks volumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505June 22, 2018 9:35 AM

Courtney and Shangela are both speaking up in support of The Vixen tonight. They know all about RPDR games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506June 22, 2018 9:45 AM

I do not stand with The Vixen. She's aggressive, immature and emotionally incontinent.

by Anonymousreply 507June 22, 2018 9:48 AM

Me either.

by Anonymousreply 508June 22, 2018 9:49 AM

R505 yeah, it says "stunt queen"

by Anonymousreply 509June 22, 2018 9:51 AM

A message from Ru. First go blond. Claim Diana Ross as your role model but look as white as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 22, 2018 10:08 AM

Now THIS is a stunt queen. And a liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 22, 2018 10:11 AM

I'm not buying the whole "Eureka vs. The Vixen" narrative. Eureka didn't create The Vixen.

by Anonymousreply 512June 22, 2018 10:22 AM

South side trash ruined this reunion.

by Anonymousreply 513June 22, 2018 10:56 AM

Does anyone else get the impression that Dusty is cray and more than a little obsessed with Kameron?

by Anonymousreply 514June 22, 2018 10:56 AM

I don't think Kameron is malicious but he does seem a little off in the way he interacts with people, maybe even on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 515June 22, 2018 11:03 AM

I'm just saying I doubt the girls would be so preoccupied with him saying hello and goodbye to each and every one of them every time he enters or leaves a room if he looked like Tempest DuJour.

by Anonymousreply 516June 22, 2018 11:13 AM

Damn, R511....

As Thorgy would say: Oh, Jesus...Gross

by Anonymousreply 517June 22, 2018 11:35 AM

Yeah, Ru came off really badly in this episode. He was not having Vixen's passive aggressive act at the start ("Do you stand by what you said?" "What? Go have your cigarette?"), and then Vixen just gave him more ammo. I dislike Vixen but always said that she had a really good point about the racial problem in the DR community, she was just too much of a brat to make her point across without seeming unhinged. Eureka was left off the hook immediately, with that fake ass apology...calculated as everything she has done, like Vixen mentioned. The WOW powers must be really strong to keep her N-word video from spreading, since no one seems to comment that and she was just on a Billboard video with Shea, Jasmine, Ginger and others discussing.....race! Of course she tried to make it all about her when she had the chance, including her "Boo hooo, yes black people have it bad but I'm big so people hate me too!".

Gained lots of respect for Asia. She was the one who came across as sympathetic and wise, not Ru with the endless psychological babble and platitudes. I would be happy with Asia winning (not gonna happen) if Aquaria were to lose.

The most dramatic reunion to date but not in a fun "Week, fan favourite!" way. I definitely think the show took a hit with this episode, especially from black viewers. I expect lots of articles from angry black viewers and SJW writers saying how they are done with the show, etc, more when someone non-black wins next week.

by Anonymousreply 518June 22, 2018 11:51 AM

One of the best reunions ever, I thought. Dusty's makeup made him look like he had herpes zoster, Yuhua was the worst-dressed queen in any reunion ever (a Haloween ghost costume!), and Monique was so fucking desperate to become a giffable meme that I hate her now.

I cringed when they ganghanded Kameron because I'm much the same; very, very bad in large groups but extremely warm when with one or two other people. I'd probably die on the spot if I had to deal with that loudmouth Chicago trash.

[quote]I dislike Vixen but always said that she had a really good point about the racial problem in the DR community

Sorry but if Bob - who is an [italic]actual[/italic] genius - didn't mention those "racial problems in the DR community", then there no considerable racial problems in the DR community. He needs to work on his talent more so he won't need to piggyback on the struggles of his ancestors so much. #MillennialPrivilege.

by Anonymousreply 519June 22, 2018 12:32 PM

What the hell was with The Vixen's nose makeup? It's like, NOSE, MADAM? And since she highlighted her schnozz so much in the Reunion, it made it stand out even more in the clips and I could see that nose-highlight (darklight? She made it darker) was a makeup thing she does. So weird-looking.

by Anonymousreply 520June 22, 2018 12:35 PM

Umm Bob has brought it up, multiple times too.

R529, you might as well have said : but my best friend is black!

by Anonymousreply 521June 22, 2018 12:38 PM

Tyra's been trying to use the black oppression angle to explain her bizarre behavior now, too (like the "countdown to doom" and art showing DragCon blowing up etc). It's not working as well for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 22, 2018 12:46 PM

Just recently Bob tweeted on how almost all of the queens to hit 1 million followers on Instagram were young, white and skinny (with Monet shading Trixie by saying that she was just recently skinny and Trixie joining in the joke) and how that was another example of the racial bias in the DR fandom. Bob had a point but it also showed his insecurity. Watch Acid Betty's look at her, where she mentions that Bob sometimes calls her to complain that he doesn't have enough followers.

I'm not sure what triggered Bob's post, but from the comments I could tell that most people were angry that no-personality Pear had a million followers over someone like Bob, Shea, Shangela, etc.

by Anonymousreply 523June 22, 2018 12:49 PM

He has a bit of a sampling bias there, r523. If people keep telling you things are a certain way it's no surprise that he's going to start thinking "hmm, well maybe they have a point". He's committing a logical fallacy with the way he's viewing his "evidence". He could say it's racial bias against black drag queens because that's what he sees, but someone else might see something different. Without getting scientific about it, what he used for evidence of his claim is very weak.

His post got triggered because of The Vixen and this "most important Drag Race season because it discusses race" conversation and people were asking him about all that. He looked at the issue The Vixen was using and talked about that.

by Anonymousreply 524June 22, 2018 12:57 PM

Asia's defense of The Vixen is so shrill and ridiculous. She's mind-reading The Vixen and buying into her victim premise, and then when she can't make her argument she starts jumping all over the place and tearing up. Is she transitioning / on hormones or something? I mean, jesus fucking christ that was some over the top horseshit.

Ru responds to her dramatics with getting more blunt about it and then SHE gets worked up because SHE is the QUEEN of the show, not fucking Asia O'Hara! She basically shouts down Asia with her ridiculous medication-requiring emotions and forces her into submission, which I think Asia really deserved after those dramatic histrionics.

What RuPaul said to The Vixen that prompted the walkoff wasn't even that strong. She challenged her fairly gently I thought, but The Vixen was clearly angry and decided she wasn't going to deal with it because she knew she would blow her top just like she did with Eureka (after having JUST claimed it was all Eureka's fault for minorly prodding her and not just backing down in the face of The Vixen's bullying and hand clapping, which is completely ridiculous - you're in control of your own choices, dear). And The Vixen fucking loved it - she was miming the actions and words along with the video clip. She thought she looked fucking GREAT during that moment.

by Anonymousreply 525June 22, 2018 1:07 PM

Monet X Change seems like she's putting on a preplanned performance during her suspiciously tear-free weepy soliloquy. That was so completely fake. The voice intonations and the trailing off afterwards, etc. - ACTING!

by Anonymousreply 526June 22, 2018 1:12 PM

I just cannot get past the absurdity of attacking other homosexuals like yourself for perceived racism on a fucking drag competition while there's Jeff "The Slave Catcher" Sessions heading the Justice Department right now. What a surreal world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 527June 22, 2018 1:13 PM

Oops, maybe that was Monique in the popcorn dress. I keep getting their names confused, until I hear each one speak.

by Anonymousreply 528June 22, 2018 1:14 PM

[QUOTE]Jeff "The Slave Catcher" Sessions

Is that his drag name these days?

by Anonymousreply 529June 22, 2018 1:22 PM

I feel like Asia went way overboard with her Jesus Christ-like "Let's save everyone!" theatrics because she knew she had to compensate for the Cracker reckoning coming later in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 530June 22, 2018 1:27 PM

I can't believe there would be people coming for Ru after that reunion. Ru is from a generation where you pick your battles and save your energy for the big stuff and not get deterred by a bit of opposition or headwinds. You can tell Ru doesn't have the time, nor the patience to get caught up in millennial snowflake shit.

by Anonymousreply 531June 22, 2018 1:48 PM

I'm a black GenXer and I'm going to call this what it is, black millennial bullshit. They see racism in every corner and are under some sad belief that no one has struggled before them. They think the can bulldoze their way through these issues, but they always end up looking like the bad guy. The valid points Vixen does have get lost in her approach to others. If she wants to be the truthteller then be a truthteller, but learn how to tell truth so that it gets you allies and not enemies.

Vixen has cast Eureka as the enemy. Eureka is fat, white trash from Tennessee everything was stacked against her in this game. The fact that she's gotten this far is shocking and that has nothing to do with her being white.

by Anonymousreply 532June 22, 2018 2:15 PM

I voted for Kameron. He's actually the one from furthest left-field of all the queens on this season. There must be a fix because he got my vote. I really don't care - any of the 4 are fine by me. Also add in Mix Crack, she was OK, too. I'd put Aquaria as the least deserving - just for being young and vapid. Does she need this win now, at his age?

by Anonymousreply 533June 22, 2018 2:28 PM

The Vixen claims that "I came to fight!" Is a tagline that he and a friend came up with - sort of Real Housewives, I guess - and that he promised to use it on the show. He should have brought that up. It was important to separate his involvement in the Cracker/Aquaria - which truly was shit stirring - from the Eureka fight (and to a lesser extent the Aquaria fight).

I'm not even bothered about the Vixen shit stirring between Cracker and Aquaria - the producers may have put him up to it - but he needed to acknowledge how that and his tagline undermined his position as merely a defensive participant in fights, never an offensive one.

And Ru was right that the Vixen wanted the last word.

by Anonymousreply 534June 22, 2018 3:40 PM

Arguing that Aquaria doesn't need it because she's young is as silly as arguing that Eureka needs it 'cause she's a big girl. Neither has anything to do with deserving to win.

by Anonymousreply 535June 22, 2018 3:42 PM

Kameron does seem super fake, but it could also be that she's reserved. In any case, she doesn't deserve to be in the top four.

by Anonymousreply 536June 22, 2018 3:47 PM

I agree with the poster above who thinks Kameron might be partially autistic. He seems to get locked in his head and not really noticing people around him, unless he's "on", and then he's performing a role. And it's MUCH easier to be yourself on social media than in real life.

by Anonymousreply 537June 22, 2018 4:36 PM

Let’s call a spade a spade: The Vixen was acting like a asshole, Ru rightly called her out, and Asia was messy and emotional because of what went down during the taping of the finale right before, not because she wanted to “save” The Victim.

by Anonymousreply 538June 22, 2018 4:36 PM

What went down during the taping of the finale, R538?

by Anonymousreply 539June 22, 2018 4:42 PM

My favorite the Vixen moment was her accusing Aquaria of making the Vixen attack her so that Aquaria could create a narrative where the Vixen was an angry black woman attacking Aquaria and the look on Aquaria's face was, "What is a 'narrative'?"

by Anonymousreply 540June 22, 2018 4:42 PM

I was hoping that Eureka would announce at the reunion that she’s quit smoking. Nasty, dirty, expensive, unhealthy habit.

To drag queens, Community is everything. There is so much competition and backstabbing in that world that each girl prioritizes friendship and loyalty above all else. Queens open their hearts, homes, wallets, and everything else to other queens and expect it in return. So I’m not surprised that Kameron’s behavior is considered a big issue among the RuGirls.

by Anonymousreply 541June 22, 2018 4:42 PM

I read on the DR subreddit that the reunion was taped before the finale.

by Anonymousreply 542June 22, 2018 4:43 PM

[BOLD] R502 WINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 543June 22, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote]Does anyone else get the impression that Dusty is cray and more than a little obsessed with Kameron?

Dusty said he practically had to sit in Kameron's lap to get him to say hi. A crush, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 544June 22, 2018 4:53 PM

Dusty challenged Aquaria in Untucked about being unfriendly. I don't think it's anything to do with fucking.

And I don't think Kameron is distracted or in his own world in a spectrum away. The pissed off face that Monique called him out for shows that he's present and not oblivious. He chooses to shut people out. He doesn't lack the ability to pick up on social cues.

by Anonymousreply 545June 22, 2018 5:05 PM

I dont think Kameron is on the spectrum. I just think he’s an introvert who was very very badly bullied and doesn’t feel comfortable around other people. And with all these queens with huge personalities, why are they pressing on him specifically to open up? The subtext really points in the direction of they wanted to fuck him and got turned down.

by Anonymousreply 546June 22, 2018 5:10 PM

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to be civil. Refusing to make eye contact or say hello? That's not right.

by Anonymousreply 547June 22, 2018 5:21 PM

Vixen has hurt her drag career by acting like an asshole in general. She'll get some clubs but not as much as she would have. No club wants to deal with such a drama cunt. It's very risky aka, $$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 548June 22, 2018 5:30 PM

Yes, R548. And reliable T says that it got her ass fired from All Stars 4, which is shooting next month.

by Anonymousreply 549June 22, 2018 5:37 PM

As someone who worked in corrections, I got legitimately concerned for Ru during her discussion with The Vixen.

The Vixen has a hair trigger temper and lacks reason/perspective. She’s dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 550June 22, 2018 5:40 PM

Hey Vixen, ask Tyra Sanchez how far being a black queen with a stank attitude will get you in your drag career.

by Anonymousreply 551June 22, 2018 5:45 PM

R546 I agree. My bf has some larger than life friends (including a physically big & tall one like Eureka), and my personality kind of shrinks around them. They also have a catty edge, which naturally puts me in my introvert mode as a way of protecting myself.

However, that doesn't really explain why she would ignore Dusty. I think Kameron just sees Dusty as a bit of a booger and not worth her time.

by Anonymousreply 552June 22, 2018 6:32 PM

But Vixen’s boyfriend told her that he’d never seen her spaz out like she did at Eureka. So the Eureka spaz out is TOTALLY out of character for Vixen. Because her boyfriend said so.

by Anonymousreply 553June 22, 2018 6:52 PM

V's bf won't be around for long I'll bet.

by Anonymousreply 554June 22, 2018 7:06 PM

Honestly, who would pay money to see her perform? I’m fortunate to have many options throughout the Bay Area but she, and perhaps Roxy Andrews, is one of the few I’d actually refuse to see, must less pay. She is both victim and saboteur of her own career. Vixen seems out for revenge...but against who?

by Anonymousreply 555June 22, 2018 7:26 PM

What r555 said.

by Anonymousreply 556June 22, 2018 8:02 PM

[quote]What r555 said

But, r556, hopefully said correctly

by Anonymousreply 557June 22, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]Vixen seems out for revenge...but against who?

The world, baby, THE WORLD! Because it keeps refusing to acknowledge her soi-disant greatness.

by Anonymousreply 558June 22, 2018 8:39 PM

2 Transat armchairs by Eileen Gray for 150 bucks each in a local thrift. A thrift visited daily by dealers in the area. One of these dealers saw me walking out with them and was ENRAGED! The employees of the non.profit who run this thrift usually have arrangements and they have good design knowledge and put aside items for dealers' first dibs and a little kickback. Someone fucked up. Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 559June 22, 2018 9:00 PM

well that was for the antiques thread, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 560June 22, 2018 9:01 PM

I feel sorry for the Vixen and I hope that with time and distance she can look back on this and learn from it. Girl’s got demons and she’s self sabotaging herself and her career. She has many valid points and concerns, but they get lost in the way she acts and all she did this season was affirm what those who call her south side trash believe about her.

by Anonymousreply 561June 22, 2018 9:34 PM

[quote]Vixen has hurt her drag career by acting like an asshole in general. She'll get some clubs but not as much as she would have. No club wants to deal with such a drama cunt. It's very risky

The Vixen, Miz Cracker and Monet exchange just performed at Starry Night for Toronto Pride, the biggest pride festival in North America. She's been to England and has the Black Girl Magic show coming to different cities with many favorite black queens.

Yes, I think she hurt her post drag race career. And yes she has improved upon it too. She came in with an attitude and a message and some problems. But she is not the problem. Her message is clear. Asia did not go overboard. Have you never felt very hurt for a friend under attack? RuPaul doesn't come from any generation but the one that posts here. He's white as most of you *in your perception* or you wouldn't embrace him so easily. The black queens do face discrimination in the bars, bookings and in on Drag Race. The ones who make it on are afraid to criticize because they make so much more money for the next year or more. The Vixen did not care about that and does not care. If you knew more about her activism you might believe me. Regardless she has MANY more fans from all communities and many more haters too. She's a poor queen but not an inexperienced one. Very talented and quite unique and entrepreneurial. Whatever hurts you so much about her is is your own bias. Because I am sure that RuPaul is done with her after they mutually cash in on one another. The Asia is a queen a lot of people want to see. She tore up Dragcon and just about every performance she gives. No ones says that about Aquaria, because she doesn't know how. Eureka is hate online and in the clubs and I don't think that's fair either. It has nothing to do with her fight with Vixen and everything to do with people's bias about her size and dislike of her personality. That's the game that RuPaul plays. They do it twice a year. Stop hating a queen who is tough enough to take it and ask yourself why she chose this fight for her drag career? The Struggle is Real. Black people are not going to try to convince old white men of that. RuPaul sucks the dick and kisses the ass of prosperous white flesh. Fuck him. People don't need help in knowing what they know. Some people are not great for RuDemption TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 22, 2018 9:52 PM

I agree that Kameron is an introvert, but I also think she was doing a lot of self-editing so she wouldn't look bad on camera. (The queens on S7 and S8 criticized Max and Valentina for doing the same thing.) I'd like to see Ru call out queens for this in the future, as she does when they pull a Charlie Hides during LSFYL.

by Anonymousreply 563June 22, 2018 10:12 PM

[Quote] The ones who make it on are afraid to criticize because they make so much more money for the next year or more. The Vixen did not care about that and does not care. If you knew more about her activism you might believe me.

And that may will lead her to a less successful career, sadly. All because she wants to be "right." We are basically alone in this world with a few helping hands on the way through life. She had an opportunity the 99% of queens will NEVER get. She is talented and that's what led her to be on DragRace. What are the old drag queens doing now? The ones who worked 20 -30 years ago? Most are not doing drag. She is in the golden age of drag in terms of making money. What regular person in the world gets to be on a tv show? A tiny percentage. She may have blown the chance to making huge amount of money and don't tell me that means nothing because it's a lie. If she wants to use this to be a SJW then great but that doesn't pay the bills.

by Anonymousreply 564June 22, 2018 10:16 PM

[quote]she’s self sabotaging herself

Well, who the fuck else could she self sabotage?

by Anonymousreply 565June 22, 2018 10:26 PM

When I read posts like r562 I wonder if we were somehow watching a completely different show. To be that sure of your opinion, that in your universe, The Vixen is a victim of all, Asia's blubbering was just the right amount of blubbering and totally made sense too, and RuPaul is white and a she-demon who hates black people and Jesus... It's astounding to witness. I can only guess that the trauma you have suffered in your life that has led you to create or adopt such a reality for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 566June 22, 2018 10:31 PM

It's the trauma and struggle of being black, devastatingly handsome, muscular and well-hung, don't ya know.

by Anonymousreply 567June 22, 2018 10:36 PM

I live in the real world, not an on-line pearl clutch. Yes that is my opinion. Yours is posted as well. Good luck to you gramps. I AM handsome and black and some of you ARE very hateful and racist. You've been proven wrong about the import of the whole season and the questions still linger. The drag race show doesn't matter, it's fixed and toothless. But RuPaul showed his ugly privileged delusional saggy WHITE ass and EVERYBODY saw it. What you see is your business and problem R566. You're miss warwick right? An old white man who posts as a vile black woman? You don't live in the larger (or real) world and it's not my job to educate you, The Vixen is seismographic, not because she's a great leader or role model, but because she's a mover and shaker. Y'all sure are shook.

by Anonymousreply 568June 22, 2018 10:51 PM

The Vixen will be nowhere to be seen, just by her instagram cult like followers by this time next year, while Rupaul will continue her show and recieve awards (ask Carmen Carrera how did her stunt in trying to bring down Rupaul went).

by Anonymousreply 569June 22, 2018 10:55 PM

r568,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570June 22, 2018 11:37 PM

[Quote] The drag race show doesn't matter, it's fixed and toothless.

Yes because it's normal for someone like you to reply 77 times on one thread about a subject that " DOESN'T MATTER."

by Anonymousreply 571June 22, 2018 11:42 PM

I just saw the reunion. The Vixen caught herself in a lie. She told Eureka that she thought the caused the fight for months and felt horrible about it but then saw that Eureka did it on purpose MONTHS later - then in the next sentence says "there is a lie in there" when Eureka says she thought they squashed it the next day. She said "you pulled me aside and said how are you going to handle this and right there I knew you set the whole thing up and I never trusted you from that point on." Then she goes on to say "I was already feeling a certain kind of way about Eureka when I got there, but I pushed them down." So what was it, was it months later, or the next day, did you hate her before you got there or now? I get her point on racism but she wanted a white target. Aquaria didn't bite. Eureka did and The Vixen knew she had a target she could attack. The big fat loud mouth queen who she thinks got a white privilege pass from last year.

by Anonymousreply 572June 23, 2018 12:01 AM

[BOLD] BINGO, R572 !

by Anonymousreply 573June 23, 2018 12:05 AM

R572 Really don't think the vixen thinks that much

by Anonymousreply 574June 23, 2018 12:06 AM

The Vixen didn't restrict herself to white targets. Monet and Monique can attest to that.

by Anonymousreply 575June 23, 2018 12:07 AM

I may be in the minority (no pun) but I prefer happy, fun clowns to angry, aggrieved clowns.

by Anonymousreply 576June 23, 2018 12:31 AM

[R572] Reply 572× I just saw the reunion. The Vixen caught herself in a lie. She told Eureka that she thought the caused the fight for months and felt horrible about it but then saw that Eureka did it on purpose MONTHS later - then in the next sentence says "there is a lie in there" when Eureka says she thought they squashed it the next day. She said "you pulled me aside and said how are you going to handle this and right there I knew you set the whole thing up and I never trusted you from that point on." Then she goes on to say "I was already feeling a certain kind of way about Eureka when I got there, but I pushed them down." So what was it, was it months later, or the next day, did you hate her before you got there or now? I get her point on racism but she wanted a white target. Aquaria didn't bite. Eureka did and The Vixen knew she had a target she could attack. The big fat loud mouth queen who she thinks got a white privilege pass from last year.

—Anonymous

reply 57241 minutes ago !

Im going to copy this post here and post it in another forum where The Vixen is worshipped by trumpian cult like followers.

by Anonymousreply 577June 23, 2018 12:43 AM

r577 glad to be of service! -

by Anonymousreply 578June 23, 2018 1:28 AM

The Vixen was caught telling the truth. Datalounge as usual is far behind normal reaction and response. Ancient white racist fags protect their teeny shrivelled postage stamp territory. No one listens or learns anything here. A lot of other people were woke last night by the way RuPaul berated and shamed Vixen and totally ignored the subject long overdue. He then bulldozed over the palpable emotions of Asia to talk about how people "should" feel. GuruRuPaul is the coon who when interviewing Jinkx on his squatty potty podcast, asked mid interview- "and you went quite far in the competition?" He wasn't joking. Michelle had to inform him that Jinkx won season five. He's just there to spread love and lose a few t-cells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 23, 2018 1:51 AM

R575 only because she tried to use them to back up her blather and they refused to be dragged along with her. Remember her Untucked rant after the other queens said she should be the one to leave (except Eureka).

I expect if The Vixen had stayed they would have covered what she said about Eureka that episode too, when she went off on her on front of the judges and tried to turn them against her.

She is a manipulator and I expect knowing her in real life she would try to be the lead Heather of any group, turning you into a minion that would attack who she said to attack and hate who she said to hate. Good on the other queens that they weren't having it that day.

by Anonymousreply 580June 23, 2018 1:56 AM

I feel sad for you, r579.

by Anonymousreply 581June 23, 2018 1:59 AM

R579 et al - Eidryce Marks, posting from jail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 23, 2018 2:04 AM

R581 is subluxating! Everyone stand back, he also has IBS!

by Anonymousreply 583June 23, 2018 2:18 AM

I am white upper class. I fail to see how RuPaul was being an Uncle Tom in his routine self-help shtick on this reunion show. Vixen is going to find that he needs to bring home the fucking bacon and being difficult is going to make that more challenging. This fact is colour blind.

by Anonymousreply 584June 23, 2018 2:20 AM

[BOLD] r568/r579 = UNHINGED BI-POLAR MENTAL CASE CULT MEMBER.

by Anonymousreply 585June 23, 2018 2:20 AM

R568/R579/R583 , as you said " it doesn't matter! "

by Anonymousreply 586June 23, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote]My Mom had these cunts for neighbors for years. They have moved and rented out their home to new nice people. Unfortunately the cunts left one of their cats behind. It is staying at my Mom's house 24/7 shitting/pissing everywhere and meowing night and day. It just goes over next door to eat. Yes, the new people are feeding the cat but don't want it. They feel bad. My Mom is in her mid 80's and doesn't want a cat. Mind you the cunts had 3 dogs and 2 other cats. The new nice neighbors don't see the cunt owners of the home because they hired a management company to help them with the rental. They have other homes they rent out. The new neighbors can't get in contact the cunts or so they say. Anyone been it a similar situation? Any suggestion on what to do or who to talk with? Do you hate niggers too?

by Anonymousreply 587June 23, 2018 2:25 AM

You know, The Vixen for all her shit stirring got quite a bit of support even if she didn't want to hear it.

Kameron on the other hand.....

by Anonymousreply 588June 23, 2018 2:34 AM

r587/unhinged bi polar mental case cult member

YOUR POINT IS?

OUCH, THAT HURT, HON.

by Anonymousreply 589June 23, 2018 2:41 AM

[Quote] Do you hate niggers too?

No but I'm really not into cats. Happy now, dear/r587/unhinged bi polar mental case cult member?

by Anonymousreply 590June 23, 2018 2:43 AM

C'mon r587. You can do better, hon.

by Anonymousreply 591June 23, 2018 2:45 AM

Kameron seems to have entered this as a sort of artistic or creative challenge, principally. Like a few of the youngest queens, (and he is not young), he may not feel compelled by all the church of drag kumbaya self actualisation through great pain comes fabulousitiy identities.

by Anonymousreply 592June 23, 2018 2:45 AM

Good luck to the black queens on Season 11. They're in for a load of shit from all sides.

by Anonymousreply 593June 23, 2018 2:48 AM

Hey, r587/bi polar mental case, how about one of my "jealous, bitches or Lens Dunham" threads might work for you. Take a look,dear. Fun.

by Anonymousreply 594June 23, 2018 2:49 AM

New Thread 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 23, 2018 2:52 AM

New Thread 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596June 23, 2018 2:52 AM

New Thread 5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597June 23, 2018 2:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 598June 23, 2018 2:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 23, 2018 2:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2018 2:54 AM

Boy, this thread ended in a complete mess.

by Anonymousreply 601June 23, 2018 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!