Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I didn't find the rainbow's end. This time.

Now, tell me how to get to Llanfair, will ya?

by Anonymousreply 600June 29, 2018 1:38 AM

Brian Frons still needs to pay. Why doesn't Snoop Dog and the Kardashian who guest starred on it once buy the rights and bring it back. Make it 50 percent black this time though.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote]I didn't find the rainbow's end.

Did you forget about your huckleberry friend, too?

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2018 2:46 AM

Did cunty Strassman congratulate Slee on her primetime appearance? Well did she?

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2018 3:48 AM

Is Llanfair on AirBNB?

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2018 11:55 AM

Oh, her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2018 11:39 PM

Mmm, Brody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2018 6:25 PM

Who is the most successful OLTL alum? Sherri Saum or Melissa Fumero? Both married their former costars are on long running series.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2018 1:52 AM

I'm so jealous of Sherri.

She had two of the finest cocks to ever exist: Tim Adams AND Kamar.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2018 1:56 AM

R1 Too, bad Sammy Davis Jr. is dead, he loved OLTL, and you know he had some mob connections, he could have put out a hit on Frons.

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2018 1:56 AM

Has Strassman stopped being a cunt yet?

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2018 12:26 PM

Frons ran two networks' shows into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2018 4:16 PM

Frons was head of NBC Daytime in the 80s and is responsible for "discovering" Kristian Alfonso and casting her as Hope on Days of Our Lives

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2018 4:35 PM

Happy Birthday Dorian Strassman! Are you talkng to your mother or sons yet?

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2018 4:50 PM

Discovering her on the ho stroll, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2018 10:06 PM

Tim Adams is looking rough in his recent Law & Order SVU appearance last month compared to his previous appearance 12 years ago. I didn't even recognize him.

by Anonymousreply 15May 9, 2018 1:55 PM

Can we see Andy T's hairy feets ?

by Anonymousreply 16May 9, 2018 3:11 PM

Has Andy Triscuit shown Ron his hairy legs lately? They’re hairier than ever. Perfect for Ron to be motivated to write Triscuit into Days.

by Anonymousreply 17May 9, 2018 3:48 PM

We need a fly on the wall next time Andy has a luncheon with "Uncle" Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 18May 9, 2018 4:40 PM

R17 is that what Farah Fath did for Ron to write her back on DAYS? Show him her hairy feets?

by Anonymousreply 19May 9, 2018 7:38 PM

R19 I just spit out my iced tea!

no you didn't!!!! LOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 20May 10, 2018 2:08 AM

I'm praying for you.

by Anonymousreply 21May 10, 2018 2:12 AM

OLTL was so much better than AMC and GH; it had a soul, it had humor, and it had really hot men.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2018 12:18 AM

R22 but not as good as Y&R or DAYS, when it would hit it's peak periods

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2018 2:57 AM

Y&R and Days have never sniffed at a story as good as the gang rape story. Not even in the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2018 2:59 AM

R24 Y&R had plenty ... in the 90s but has been unwatchable the last 10 years or so

DAYS had some brilliant character driven stuff when Bill Bell was headwriter in the 70s that as TIME magazine set in their cover story, "sets it apart from the other serials". Too bad SONY won't release the old DAYS episodes from the 70s, it was EVERYTHING great about soap opera without the cheap gimmicks, ironically DAYS would become mostly about those cheap gimmicks by the time the 90s rolled around.

Thank you James Reilly

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2018 3:08 AM

Is Andy T still a horrible, horrible actor?

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2018 3:08 AM

I don’t care about Andy T’s acting abilities. I care how hairy his legs are.

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2018 10:11 AM

I found the Rainbow's End.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2018 10:30 AM

BEST.OPENING.EVER.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2018 11:45 AM

How rude that Ron would write in Farah Fingers and not throw Seponski a bone.

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2018 11:47 AM

This reunion happened 2 months ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2018 11:48 AM

I made a path, OP. You're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2018 11:56 AM

Waaah!

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2018 12:09 PM

Is Ron C still a horrible, horrible writer?

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2018 2:00 PM

r34, one of the first things he did was create yet another ridiculous DID story. That tells you everything.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2018 2:16 PM

r6, YES! Brody any day over those overly plucked, feminine Ford bros.

Then again, Frank never had any real taste.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2018 2:36 PM

I loved RC's writing on OLTL and DAYS

Didn't care much for his GH stuff

RC loves camp and over the top stuff, which makes him just "fit" on DAYS, which with the exception of Passions, has been steadily the most campy and over the top soap since the 80s

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2018 4:47 PM

Carlivati started off very promising at OLTL, but something went very wrong. But there was a lot wrong over there between Frank and Frons bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 38May 11, 2018 4:52 PM

Brody should have walked around in nothing but a jock for his entire run.

And yes, DAYS, after an initial boost, is all Ron's favorite BS. Split personalities, rehashing the past without any context, etc.

by Anonymousreply 39May 11, 2018 5:18 PM

For the Brody fans...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 11, 2018 5:33 PM

Hot AF but wish he had a little fur on him like he did in the OLTL days.

by Anonymousreply 41May 11, 2018 5:37 PM

Who has Mark Lawson fucked?

by Anonymousreply 42May 11, 2018 8:21 PM

Mark Lawson was cute but pocket sized.

by Anonymousreply 43May 11, 2018 8:27 PM

I loved OLTL when it was great, I loved it when it stank, I loved it when it was new, I loved it when it was old. It was a constant in my life, while I grappled with life's many vicissitudes. There were always Jenny and Karen and Viki and Megan and, yes, even Tina and Dorian to root for. And there were Cordero and Jon Russell and Christian and Brody to drool over.

by Anonymousreply 44May 11, 2018 10:21 PM

I was going to say none of the new guys could compare to Cord or Johnny Drummond. Then I saw the Brody video.

by Anonymousreply 45May 11, 2018 11:50 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Let's not forget the very fine Blair Underwood.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2018 12:16 AM

R25. Name one story that was as totally realized on daytime and as good as Marty's rape.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2018 5:29 AM

Diana Taylor's murder.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2018 5:30 AM

Br49. Please bitch. Not even close

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2018 5:32 AM

R49 has no sense of true storytelling. The gang rape story was miles above what daytime has ever produced. No dumbass murder mystery which was bullshit by the way comes close. BJs heart transplant and Marty's Rape are the best storylines ever produced on daytime. Nothing even comes close.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2018 5:38 AM

HI SUE!

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2018 6:06 AM

R51 There are other stories at that level, but yes, Marty's rape was one of the best of all time, and the best that OLTL ever did.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2018 1:46 PM

The rape of any major female character on any TV show is so fucking cliche. For fuck sake they even tried to rape Edith Bunker. You know exactly how it is all going to play out.

by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2018 5:44 PM

R54 Marty was not a major character at the time. She became one because of the impact of the story. When it began the major characters were all surrounding the story. Kevin mostly and Nora. But that made it the great story. It was an umbrella story that involved the majority of the canvas. I remember a preview that even stated "What do you do in a town divided?"

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2018 9:56 PM

What also made the story great was the Marty was, at first, unsympathetic. She had been mean to Andrew and a spoiled rich girl. So the audience had to come to terms with a mean girl who was the victim of a horrific crime. Hillary B. Smith was great in this story and the Kevin at the time (Kirk Geiger?) did a serviceable job as the innocent man accused. The story had texture. Making Todd sympathetic in later years and having him kidnap a amnesiac Marty and her falling in love with him made a mockery of the earlier glory of the story.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2018 11:15 PM

I always thought Geiger was better than serviceable. Yes Roger Howarth came in and stole the show but I really expected they would both be Emmy nominated. They went with the showier performance but if it were almost any other soap they would have both been nominated. Of course Howarth deserved the win though.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2018 11:43 PM

I love that song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2018 11:46 PM

R58 ???

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2018 12:01 AM

Marty's rape ushered in Todd and turned OLTL into the Todd the rapist show. For many of us it was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2018 12:03 AM

R60 while I agree. The show never let him live it down. He was a pariah in the town to everyone except Blair. The show never got the credit for that. Just the disgusting part of the criticisms.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2018 12:15 AM

r60 is on point. Revolving the show around Todd was the beginning of the end. Ironic that it was the same time that Disney took over ABC, and a rapist became the focal point.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2018 1:38 AM

No one could deliver the campy goods better than Evans and Hutchison, not even that bony bird Lucci.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2018 1:39 AM

While true the next big story after was about Viki. It involved Todd it was about Viki. And they were fabulous acting partners. Aside from Robin Strasser he was Slezak's best acting partner.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Slee and Howarth were really good together.

I do truly love when they switched identities during that reverse-Llanview episode. Slee was funny enough as Todd but Howarth truly put Slee to shame with his Viki imitation. Hands down the winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2018 2:35 AM

Slee loved Howarth, not so much TSJ.

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2018 2:41 AM

It's interesting that most of the OLTL main stars always brought it against Howarth. Haskell was his true acting partner but Slezak, Strasser, DePaiva, Woods, Smith and Lozano always were at their best against him.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2018 2:44 AM

Speaking of Howarth, does anyone remember those heinous ABC AOL message board feuds of Blair vs Tea?

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2018 1:56 PM

I'm thinking about Viki's sexual partners....let's see, there's her father Victor Lord (rape), Roger Gordon, Joe Reilly, Steve Burke, maybe Vinny Wolek with Niki, Clint Buchanan, Mitch Laurence (rape), maybe Frank O'Neill with Niki, Sloan Carpenter, Ben Davidson, and Charlie Banks. Have I left anyone out? I tried to get them in chronological order, given ret-cons.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2018 2:03 PM

Surely, Viki and Dorian must have bumped ugliest once or twice in their experimental younger days.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2018 3:28 PM

Howarth was great with Slezak! They had that rare chemistry. Besides Strasser no one made Viki as interesting of a character. Howarth made all his co-stars great sad we never got a reunion with Howarth and Haskell who were pure gold together!!!!

Tina and Gabrielle were the best duo! Perfect blend of camp and dramatic hijinks.

TSJ was a good recast. He really made Todd a sociopath and wasn't afraid to be the bad guy.

The Marty gang rape SL was one of the show's best a true impactful umbrella story that effected the whole town. I liked Todd and the role he played on the show. The Todd show made more sense than the John Mcbain show in the 2000's. Didn't like seeing so many core characters go missing or be sidelined in the 90s like Tina, Cord, Max, Gabrielle, Kevin, Joey...

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2018 3:53 PM

I think we have Marty gang rape troll

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2018 4:31 PM

r71, I detested John McBain.

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2018 12:27 PM

I detested Gabrielle Medina. Awful awful awful actress. Where is she now? lol

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2018 1:01 PM

r74 is insane. FiHutch is a goddess

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2018 1:43 PM

I didn't care for original Todd and Tea, but Todd #2/Victor and Tea were hot.

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2018 3:25 PM

Jill Farren Phelps got Fiona her one and ONLY Emmy nomination, which she lost. Where the fuk is Fiona now?

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2018 3:28 PM

Trevor and his hot feets.

by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2018 3:55 PM

[quote]Carlivati started off very promising at OLTL, but something went very wrong. But there was a lot wrong over there between Frank and Frons bullshit.

All smoke and mirrors with Cartini r38. Ron in particular only held out a lot of empty promises (key word here empty) of refocusing on core families and respecting history when all he actually did was rehash and piss all over history with his own campy soap take on stories that were originally treated seriously.

It didn't take OLTL viewers to catch on that Ron's camped up rehashes weren't actually going anywhere and I can't think of a single one of those stories that didn't end with a resounding thud.

The problem with Ron Carlivati was that he couldn't actually tell a coherent, original story on his own. All he could do borrow a premise from the past and fuck it up royally. One of the most egregious examples of that was the Todd/Marty rapemance. Or the AIDS quilt story as opposed to RC's moronic Big Gay Wedding storyline that totally buried the viable gay pairing of Kish.

I agree he's a better fit at DOOL where camp has ruled for many years now but he never has or ever will be a competent HW even for soaps.

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2018 9:07 PM

r79, I was talking about when he first started before the writer's strike. I loved the aftermath of Asa's death, along with the Paris, Texas SL, the introduction of Jared/Charlie and how it all came to a head with Marcie on the run, intertwining all three stories.

Was it spectacular? Nah. But it was the most cohesive, character driven, and familiar OLTL had been in years.

by Anonymousreply 80May 15, 2018 3:04 AM

I gave up when they started fucking with the Victor Lord timeline. What happened between Victor and Dorian(when played by Nancy Pinkerton) wasn't just tenet it was fucking gospel. It was the events of that story line that caused the unfolding of so much of what happened on OLTL. If you watched it from that far back I don't think you couldn't help but being disgusted at the rewrite of Victor and changing everything that happened.

The scene when Dorian held the old man's medication from him explaining that she always hated him, knew Tony was his son, etc etc etc was top notch. Very few OLTL scenes have ever come close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 15, 2018 3:13 AM

r81, too bad all those tapes were destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 82May 15, 2018 3:22 AM

I would love for people who only knew Dorian when Strasser played her to see Pinkerton's Dorian. They were so different. Don't get me wrong I loved Strasser but I saw her Dorian more as a new character than a recast. Pinkerton had zero camp or over the top acting. She was pure psycho.

by Anonymousreply 83May 15, 2018 3:27 AM

She is in that one episode from A Daytime to Remember when Kevin was born.

by Anonymousreply 84May 15, 2018 3:38 AM

Ron always does good in the first year to 18 months of his gig, because he's able to see what needs to be moved where, and address immediate needs. Some writers are very good at this. It could be argued Hogan Sheffer did a good job of this at ATWT.

It's only when that first honeymoon period ends that the real test comes. And with Ron, so far at both OLTL and GH, when he's hit that 12-18 month period, he had problems sustaining story, and would destroy canon/characters for cheap, quick fix splashes. He also leans entirely too much on the crazy lady crutch. You'd think Almodovar was writing his shows by how many crazy bitches and DID cases he has on his shows.

by Anonymousreply 85May 15, 2018 6:37 PM

The original Dorian was sinister and horny. Nancy Pinkerton acted the role with a cool malevolence. The character, and Robin Strasser's interpretation of it, became needy. She had to outshine Viki, she had to be wealthy, she had to be loved. Dorian became neurotic, not the cool, calculated customer she once was. I found Robin Strasser's Dorian to be entertaining, however; it just might as well have been a different character.

by Anonymousreply 86May 15, 2018 11:07 PM

r86, I would think the writing also had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 87May 15, 2018 11:19 PM

It's never quite the same with re-casting. The original Jenny (and don't make me regret bringing her up) was a perky, girl-woman, while the second Jenny was your standard soap opera female victim. Each Cassie had a different flavor, as did each Melinda. And don't get me started with the various Kevins!

by Anonymousreply 88May 16, 2018 12:08 AM

r87, it was also Strasser too, she played Dorian increasingly whiny and high strung as the years passed. Sometimes, she reminded me of a little yappy dog.

by Anonymousreply 89May 16, 2018 12:11 AM

I won't go into Kathy Glass troll mode BUT original Jenny, Original Brad, and Original Sam brought a spark of life back to OLTL. They were something special in daytime. It was really surprising that they'd all be gone in three years. It must have sucked for the writers and producers. They were finally able to bring in some young people who fit and they were rewarded with ratings. Lets not forget Jackie Zeman as Lana. Kathy Glass really was something special though. This will be my last post about her LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 16, 2018 12:30 AM

R90 Are you the Glasshole? LOL

by Anonymousreply 91May 16, 2018 12:31 AM

I was first to bring her up on a previous OLTL. Mentioning that I thought Tim and Jenny were the first young super couple. The one high school girls and gays rushed home to see. Then I mentioned her record amount of fan mail. That still holds today. Then all hell broke loose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 16, 2018 12:38 AM

Some of the most impactful OLTL recasts - Todd Manning, The Kevin's, The Joey's, The Cassie's, The Kelly's, Blair Cramer, Dorian Lord, Viki, Max Holden, The Tina's, Marty Saybrooke...did I miss any of the big ones???

by Anonymousreply 93May 16, 2018 3:15 PM

r93, do you know what "impactful" means? Some of those don't apply at all.

by Anonymousreply 94May 16, 2018 3:57 PM

The post at R93 makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 95May 16, 2018 6:51 PM

r93 is merely listing some major characters that were recast. Their order of importance or "impact" is debatable.

by Anonymousreply 96May 16, 2018 10:58 PM

Each actress who played Tina made the character a little bit of their own. I was happy with all the actresses who played her. I liked each one. The Kevins and Joeys were disposable. I can't really remember a single one. I do remember the friend of theirs though that was getting hit on by Niki. Oh my. Dorian had the most impact on a recast. Brynn Thayer made Jenny a forever back burner character. Brynn was a fine actress but the writing made it kind of hard to give a shit about her Jenny. She was the female Larry. Of course the recast of Karen took the character a whole other way. I kind of liked all the Cassies too. Don't forget Slay was a recast Victoria. Gillian Spencer was the first Victoria. Like Pinkerton's Dorian, Gillian's Victoria was a bit creepy. When she played her Vicki she wasn't such a goody goody and her Nicki Smith was VERY creepy.

by Anonymousreply 97May 16, 2018 11:28 PM

Am I the only one who liked when Jessica was recast? I loved Bri.

by Anonymousreply 98May 17, 2018 1:46 AM

Each Jessica brought something special to the part (like both Vikis and at least two of the three Dorians). Only one Joey was memorable (Fillion). Brynn Thayer did play a more mature Jenny. I liked all the Cassies except the last one, who I found irritating. And of course the first Karen was passable, but the the second blew the roof off.

by Anonymousreply 99May 17, 2018 2:04 AM

Don't forget, Clint was recast as well.

by Anonymousreply 100May 17, 2018 2:06 AM

They can shove fake clint right up their asses. that one was an insult.

by Anonymousreply 101May 17, 2018 2:22 AM

DINNER TIME!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 17, 2018 2:38 AM

I came back THREE times bitches. Well no one else wanted me.

by Anonymousreply 103May 17, 2018 3:01 AM

will you be on the Murphy Brown reboot? You could be russian fake news

by Anonymousreply 104May 17, 2018 3:03 AM

As Viki once said to a friend, looking at pictures of her husbands, new nuClint was "a different man entirely."

by Anonymousreply 105May 17, 2018 11:40 AM

r98, yes you are the only one. She was horrible.

by Anonymousreply 106May 17, 2018 12:02 PM

As a GL fan I could never not see Jerry's GL character.

It didn't help that he did not look good at OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 107May 17, 2018 2:36 PM

So hot when he was younger

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2018 2:37 PM

VerDorn is HUUUUUGGGGEEEE nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 109May 17, 2018 2:48 PM

Any chance we’d get a OLTL reunion short term series? I’d love to get some kind of tribute for their what would be 50th anniversary this July.

by Anonymousreply 110May 18, 2018 3:17 AM

I am actually surprised that fans have not tried to organize some type of reunion with ticket sales going to charity and reach out to the stars.

by Anonymousreply 111May 18, 2018 3:31 AM

R111 There's an annual event in NJ (near NYC) that was for Ross and Blake fans on Guiding Light (Ross played by the guy who went on to be nuClint on OLTL). But it has various actors from GL and ATWT.

I'm sure some event person could make something like that happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2018 2:49 AM

We hated the new Clint so much we used to call him Clunt.

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2018 2:54 AM

Clint Ritchie was not a viable Clint since the early 90s. A recast was necessary.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2018 3:32 AM

they should have just killed him off. Nikki Smith could have done it ...or whatever. He should have never been recast. He was Clint.

by Anonymousreply 115May 19, 2018 3:37 AM

Clint Ritchie was so handsome when he first joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 116May 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Wasn't there some talk that he was one of Henry Willson's "boys"?

by Anonymousreply 117May 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Clint was an alcoholic. Slee said he had the bad booze breath.

by Anonymousreply 118May 19, 2018 2:54 PM

Slee was so happy when Roy Thinnes came on as Sloan. She could not wait to get out the romantic pairing with CR.

by Anonymousreply 119May 19, 2018 3:22 PM

Clunt!!!!! 😂👌🏻👏🏻

by Anonymousreply 120May 19, 2018 4:40 PM

Remember that crazed Ritchie fan who used to post on the AOL boards? Buckys babe or something? She did everything to smear Slee

by Anonymousreply 121May 19, 2018 5:47 PM

Wasn’t Buckys babe the one who started the rumor about Slee helping Rauch find Lil in the parking garage and firing her as she walked to her tercel?

by Anonymousreply 122May 19, 2018 6:19 PM

Buckys babe = Candice Earley

by Anonymousreply 123May 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Alas, Clint Ritchie didn't age well. Poor Erica Slezak having to kiss a guy with alcohol breath.

by Anonymousreply 124May 19, 2018 6:40 PM

Yes, I believe Clint Richie was one of the many young actors who Henry Wilson found, r177. I'm pretty sure he was mentioned in the bio of Henry Wilson, but not in any detail. It's been a decade or more since I read the book, so I can't remember every detail.

As for the tractor accident, apparently it really changed Clint. Really fucked with his mind while he recuperated. Seems like his girlfriend left him shortly after the accident. Not sure if he was still with Candace Early at that point, but I do remember an interview with him when he came back to OLTL where he sounded very bitter about his girlfiend dumping him.

As I recall, the show allowed the Viki-Sloane pairing to progress in natural time (slowly) to accommodate Clint Richie's time away from the show while he recovered. Otherwise, the pairing would have happened much quicker.

by Anonymousreply 125May 19, 2018 6:42 PM

It might not have been so bad if they had cast someone who even had the tiniest characteristics of the Clint character. Clunt acted like he was born in Boston, went to Phillips Exeter , and then on to Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 126May 19, 2018 6:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 19, 2018 6:47 PM

Kevin Buchanan was played by 12 different actors. That must be some kind of record. Joey was only played by seven.

by Anonymousreply 128May 19, 2018 6:52 PM

Clint ate out Candi Earley back in the day. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 129May 19, 2018 7:15 PM

"Kevin Buchanan was played by 12 different actors..." Yes, and none of them really caught on with the audience. Then, the character was diminished by his more dynamic uncle, Todd. Indeed, they even made Kevin sterile and killed off his only son! What could be more emasculating than that for a dynast?

by Anonymousreply 130May 19, 2018 8:44 PM

It was really a shame they were never invested in Kevin, because the dynamic between Kevin/Viki/Todd could have been mined for years. They touched on those issues here and there with different Kevins but it was never a focal point.

by Anonymousreply 131May 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Dan Gaultier was hot and talented.

Tim Gibbs was smoking hot.

by Anonymousreply 132May 20, 2018 2:02 PM

r132 adds so much depth to the conversation.

by Anonymousreply 133May 20, 2018 2:40 PM

Kevin and Joey could have had a Bobby/J.R. thing going. There were a lot of possibilities. The May-December romance should have been with Carla instead of Dorian.

by Anonymousreply 134May 20, 2018 3:47 PM

Dan Gautier was handsome, to be sure. Tim Gibbs also handsome, but an annoying actor to watch. Too full of himself. Of the Joeys, I most enjoyed Nathan Fillion and Don Jeffcoat. Of course, Tom Degnan had a great body, as did Bruce Michael Hall. I remember a scene in which Bruce Michael Hall and John Paul Lavoisier were in towels in a locker room....it was extremely homo-erotic but, of course, they didn't go there. Chris McKenna was just a kid at the time but he turned out to be one hot stud. Y&R missed a great opportunity to pair him with Greg Rikkaart and make soap's first gay male super couple.

by Anonymousreply 135May 20, 2018 4:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 20, 2018 6:10 PM

Tuc is very pretty, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 137May 20, 2018 10:16 PM

Do you think Slee ever got wet when Mark Derwin was all sexy and masculine around her?

I mean, her husband is fug and she probably hasn't had the cobwebs from her dusty muffin cleared out in years. It had to be the highlight of her working time at OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 138May 21, 2018 2:33 AM

One of my favorite homo erotic scenes from OLTL was courtesy of RC. Two male characters got in a verbal altercation and both dropped their towels in the steam room or sauna. Forget which characters.

by Anonymousreply 139May 21, 2018 2:55 AM

It was probably Rex

by Anonymousreply 140May 21, 2018 2:53 PM

Tuc and JP are a couple, no?

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2018 5:45 PM

Kathryn Breech was a much better, truer to the character Karen Wolek than Judith Light. Judith would have made a great Cathy Craig re-cast though. Karen was a sexy blonde and well, Judith Light wasn't. Ms. Breech suffered not a bit from not acting, she came from the Ford Motor Car family and now lives as a matron in West Palm Beach.

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2018 5:56 PM

Judith’s multiple Emmys would beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2018 6:39 PM

What about MY Emmy!!!

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2018 6:50 PM

Who was the campiest character? Rex Balsom? Jamie Saunders? David Vickers (the man, not the dog)?

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2018 8:23 PM

R145 surprisingly there wasn't a lot compared to AMC, which had Erica, Opal, Dixie, Palmer, Janet, they all camped it up from time to time . Or DAYS which has had SO MANY camp characters, Vivian, Angelica, Ivan, Susan, Caliope, Eugene, Stefano, Liz, Andre, OK it would take me forever to list them all on that show

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2018 8:29 PM

Oh yeah DAYS also had the campy Alex Marahall, Julie, Kimberly Brady (played by Patsy Pease, the queen of melodramatic over the top soap acting), Bonnie Lockheart

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2018 8:34 PM

There is a difference between campy and cartoon. Unfortunately, Carlivati could not decipher that line.

by Anonymousreply 148May 21, 2018 8:45 PM

R148 true and which is why he's right at home writing for DAYS right now!

Ron is even bringing back the alien twins aka "The Gemini Twins" who originally came to Salem on a spaceship back in 2002

by Anonymousreply 149May 21, 2018 8:49 PM

r141, they were definitely *something*, but I am not sure what.

by Anonymousreply 150May 21, 2018 8:56 PM

I loved the first Karen she was funny as hell. The plumber, Sam, she was fucking was like my first soap crush. Julia Duffy played her for a little while too.

by Anonymousreply 151May 21, 2018 10:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 21, 2018 10:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 21, 2018 10:19 PM

The gay baiting done to the OLTL audience in the above era is borderline disgusting. The actor who played Ford was basically a gay porn star made to endure the tedium involved with daytime soaps (nonstop memorization, corporate schilling, long hours, no glory, etc). It’s a miracle he didn’t kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2018 3:24 AM

R154 soaps have been doing that for YEARS. You must if missed the James Reilly headwriting years of Days of Our Lives in the 90s? It was the gayest show on TV, GORGEOUS model type bare chested men in every scene who couldn't act, non stop camp storylines, demonic possession, Marlena being kept in a bird cage in the Paris underground tunnels by Stefano Dimera, Eileen Davidson playing five different characters, including a man!, ALL the women seemed to be written as catty and bitchy and looked great in the best fashion. There was even a black telekenetic town psychic introduced named Celeste Perrault, who would scream out "I sense danger!" and the room would shake and she was always dressed to the nines and had a new wig every other episode!

Ron Carlivati is at home as the headwriter of DAYS

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2018 4:09 AM

Good god...I had forgotten just how horrible the show was at that point.

Tess was a fucking abomination.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2018 11:51 AM

R154 I agree with R155.

Soaps were almost like our porn before it was easy enough to get on our phones.

John Wesley Shipp (who played the Ford brothers' dad on OLTL) walked around for two years in a Speedo on GL. That shit was totally intentional.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2018 12:48 PM

[quote]John Wesley Shipp (who played the Ford brothers' dad on OLTL) walked around for two years in a Speedo on GL. That shit was totally intentional.

Ahh, yes, the sexual awakening for many young gaylings. Thank you Doug Marland.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2018 12:54 PM

I liked being gay baited on OLTL in the RC years. How you could not like the storyline where one of the Ford brothers did a porno and it gets seen by all of Llandview at the Vickerman premier?

by Anonymousreply 159May 23, 2018 3:51 AM

Kathy Glass, Dorrie Kavanaugh and Nancy Pinkerton all supported NOW. They tried to interest Erika Slezak to join them but she was dismissive, citing her European upbringing. Dorrie called her out - "you grew up in Beverly Hills!' and Erika felt that were just silly women who needed a strong man to marry them and support them.

by Anonymousreply 160May 23, 2018 4:19 AM

To her credit though Erika Slezak did march with Susan B. Anthony for women's suffrage.

by Anonymousreply 161May 23, 2018 10:27 AM

r159 = Ron Carlivati

by Anonymousreply 162May 23, 2018 12:08 PM

Hey Uncle Ron, when you comin' back around to sniff my feet?

You and Uncle Frankie should come over soon. I'll wear my special jockstrap for you!

by Anonymousreply 163May 23, 2018 5:05 PM

R163 it's gonna take more than that for me to write a part for you on Days of Our Lives

Wink. Wink

by Anonymousreply 164May 23, 2018 5:14 PM

I stopped shaving around my junk, just like you asked!

by Anonymousreply 165May 23, 2018 5:16 PM

Triscuit, take a seat. Uncle Frankie is busy with his new pet Swickard

by Anonymousreply 166May 23, 2018 5:17 PM

R160 "Kathy Glass, Dorrie Kavanaugh and Nancy Pinkerton all supported NOW."

Aren't they all dead now?

by Anonymousreply 167May 23, 2018 5:18 PM

[quote] Aren't they all dead now?

Miss Glass would be VERY upset to hear you say that!

by Anonymousreply 168May 23, 2018 5:19 PM

R165 if DAYS would cast Truscuit as Andrew Donovan than Kassie DePaiva, who played his mother Blair Cramer Manning on OLTL, would now be his older sister, Eve Donovan

Kind of like how Jane Elliott played Angelica Devereaux on DAYS in the late 80s and Wally Kurth played her lover, Justin Kiriakis and then in the 90s they played mother and son, Tracy and Ned Quartermaine, on GH

Soaps are so incestuous

by Anonymousreply 169May 23, 2018 5:24 PM

Andy T has the hairy legs so Ron will hire him.

by Anonymousreply 170May 24, 2018 11:29 AM

Triscuit is actually a wee too young to be Andrew Donovan. Andrew would be more in his early to mid 30s.

Not sure who he could play, actually. Technically he could be one of the other Kiriakis boys, I suppose.

Maybe EJ knocked someone up along the way before or during the EJami years and Triscuit would be the result.

by Anonymousreply 171May 25, 2018 3:20 AM

R171 and the ever so witty Ron will write a scene with Triscuit and Kassie DePaiva as Eve and Eve will give his character advice and Truscuit will respond by saying, "I don't need your advuce, do you think that you're my mother in another life you lived or something?"

by Anonymousreply 172May 25, 2018 3:32 AM

I never had a problem with Jerry Ver Dorn’s Clint. I think he played him just as Clint would have been in the third act of his life. As stated upthread Clint Ritchie (great as he was in the good ole days) just wasn’t a viable Clint after the early 90’s. The few appearances he made in 2003 and 2004 were painful to watch as you could tell his health had deteriorated.

by Anonymousreply 173May 25, 2018 4:54 AM

Was the Frank Valentini thread deleted? Does Uncle Frank have some power at DL?

by Anonymousreply 174May 25, 2018 2:05 PM

R174 It's right here, easily discovered via search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 25, 2018 2:50 PM

One Life To Live

Starring

Triscuit!

by Anonymousreply 176May 29, 2018 3:12 AM

Here’s a good one for the OLTL fans- I remember an old, highly dishy Soap Opera Digest article about on set feuds. They named names on the more well known feuds (Linda Evans and Joan Collins for example) but opted to keep some feuds anonymous. They mentioned 2 actresses on OLTL in the 80’s who had a notorious feud. Any guesses????

by Anonymousreply 177May 31, 2018 6:05 PM

Jacquie Courtney and Strassman

by Anonymousreply 178May 31, 2018 6:16 PM

R177 Wasn't it Kristen Meadows and Strasser?

by Anonymousreply 179May 31, 2018 6:22 PM

I always wondered about Jessica Tuck and Erika Slezak. Erika didn’t thank Jessica the year she beat her for the Emmy when Megan died. Not to acknowledge your fellow nominee AND on screen daughter? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 180May 31, 2018 6:32 PM

Did Erika like Andrea Evans? I had heard her say Tina was no foil to Viki. Makes you wonder why Tina wasn't a bigger focus on the show during the later years?

Did Robert S Woods and Hillary B Smith clash? Was that why Bo & Nora were kept apart for so long?

Yeah odd Erika didn't thank Jessica Tuck who really should have won that year!!!!

by Anonymousreply 181May 31, 2018 9:56 PM

Erika and Jessica are very fond of each other and talk very, very highly of each other.

Did RSW and HBS clash? What rock have you been under, r181?

by Anonymousreply 182May 31, 2018 9:58 PM

r177, obviously it was Slee and Ellen Holly

by Anonymousreply 183May 31, 2018 9:59 PM

I adored Ellen Holly!!!

*pause*

*picks up phone*

Paul, why are these black bitches still in my face?

by Anonymousreply 184June 1, 2018 3:53 PM

It's been reported that DAYS is in talks to bring Erika Slezak on the show as Dr. Sandy Horton. Supposedly it's been going on for months now but Erika doesn't want to fully commit to moving to LA unless it's a long-term contract role. Ron Carlivati floated the idea to Ken Corday and suggested Slee over a year ago but DAYS is unsure of a lot of things regarding the character . Around the time he pitch3d his Abby multiple personality storyline, in fact Slee as Dr. Sandy Horton was supposed to figure into that storyline and help Abby and her alters, that was the original idea

Ron wanted to really refocus DAYS on the Horton's.

by Anonymousreply 185June 1, 2018 3:59 PM

R181- regarding Erika and Andrea. That infamous quote was from the SOD cover story of OLTL’s 20th anniversary. The cover was Tina and her men (Faux Bo, Cord and Max). Andrea was in a red dress and the men were in tuxes. In the feature, Erika said Tina (who was at her peak popularity at this point) was not a substitute or worthy replacement of Dorian. It definitely read harsh. But in other interviews, they always spoke highly of each other and even on The View’s special tribute show to OTL when it left ABC, they seemed to be very fond of each other. For what it’s worth.

by Anonymousreply 186June 1, 2018 10:12 PM

Read Ellen Holly’s book. You get a good idea of the real Slee.

by Anonymousreply 187June 2, 2018 12:57 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 3, 2018 12:33 PM

OMG the Tercel is ready. How did Lil ever get her fat arse in t hat thing?

by Anonymousreply 189June 3, 2018 12:43 PM

Black star imploding! Black star imploding!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 3, 2018 1:28 PM

I think that quote by Slee was misinterpreted. It had nothing to do with her feelings about Andrea - it was about Viki having a formidable rival

by Anonymousreply 191June 3, 2018 1:33 PM

Ellen H speaks the TRUTH!

by Anonymousreply 192June 3, 2018 1:51 PM

I always took it the same way, r191. She wanted Strasser (or a recast Dorian) back on screen.

by Anonymousreply 193June 3, 2018 5:55 PM

Does anyone else remember Robin Strasser’s first exit from OLTL? There was a big send off for her at the hotel (oh god what was it called...?) and it just goes to show how much Rauch defanged Dorian because everyone came by to bid her a find farewell. I remember Wanda Wolek packing her a picnic basket or some shit. Even Clint and Viki came by to give her a hug. It was so weird. That was when the show spun solely around Tina and Viki.

by Anonymousreply 194June 4, 2018 1:39 AM

r194, even when Rauch brought Dorian back with Elaine Princi, she was a secondary character. It wasn't until Gottlieb/Malone came in that Dorian became a lead again. At least Princi got some good material before the unfortunate sendoff.

by Anonymousreply 195June 4, 2018 1:49 AM

R195 Alain Princi was just coming off her second run on DAYS as,Linda Anderson

She had played another character on DAYS in the 70s, the first Kate Winograd

by Anonymousreply 196June 4, 2018 1:56 AM

[quote]Alain Princi was just coming off her second run on DAYS as,Linda Anderson

r196 Elaine didn't leave Days and immediately go to OLTL. There was a four year gap in there. She played Linda Anderson from mid 1984 to late 1985. She started playing Dorian in early 1990.

by Anonymousreply 197June 4, 2018 2:04 AM

They really could have handed EP the role of Melinda after a few years. Princi and Strasser would have been wonderful together.

by Anonymousreply 198June 4, 2018 2:05 AM

R197 yeah Elaine went from DAYS to AMC where she played a character named Eva in 1987

But she was the ORIGINAL Kate on DAYS!

Before Deborah Adair and Lauren Koslow

by Anonymousreply 199June 4, 2018 2:09 AM

Always loved these promos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 4, 2018 2:11 AM

Can anyone remember the name of the hotel in the 80s? I think Dorian lived there? Max managed it or maybe his brother Steve did?

by Anonymousreply 201June 4, 2018 2:21 AM

The Vernon Inn with later was called the Holden Towers

by Anonymousreply 202June 4, 2018 2:30 AM

"which later" not "with later" geez.

by Anonymousreply 203June 4, 2018 2:31 AM

"which later" not "with later" geez.

by Anonymousreply 204June 4, 2018 2:31 AM

I wonder if any of the sets are still sitting around in some warehouse. I would like pretending to live in Llanfair or bring a detective with the Llandview PD.

by Anonymousreply 205June 4, 2018 2:39 AM

Did the Holden Towers become The Palace?

by Anonymousreply 206June 4, 2018 2:40 AM

Max and Gabrielle were the last truly passionate couple in soaps. Very reminiscent of Rhett and Scarlett in some ways! Fiona Hutchison is so eloquent about them in this clip: "They were the dirty side of romance... their relationship was very twisted and sick and yet... extremely romantic."

This is why we watched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 4, 2018 2:46 AM

Max and Gabrielle had insane chemistry. I still remember when they had sex the “first time” to Michael Bolton’s That’s What Love Is All About. I have to say, the ABC soaps did a great job utilizing “so bad it’s good” adult contemporary songs from the era. I also remember a Clint and Viki montage set to Billy Ocean’s The Colour of Love. These songs are super embarrassing but they hold a special place since I saw these scenes as a wee gayling.

by Anonymousreply 208June 4, 2018 2:58 AM

R208 Days of Our Lives OWNED that shit in the 80s

Remember Friends and lovers and Up Where We Belong from An Officer and a Gentleman as Marlena and Roman's theme?

Or Bo and Hope 's theme, Tonight O Celebrate My Love For You by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle

Every DAYS supercouple in the 80s HAD to have their own AC love theme and DAYS did it before the ABC soaps

by Anonymousreply 209June 4, 2018 3:02 AM

Call me corny but I loved all those 90s songs from the OLTL album and how they fit each couple.

by Anonymousreply 210June 4, 2018 3:34 AM

Pretty sure I read the OLTL sets were all junked after production ended in November 2011. The show had not had new sets in many years and they were looking outdated and shabby by the time the show went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 211June 4, 2018 5:22 AM

Poor Llanfair!

by Anonymousreply 212June 4, 2018 12:22 PM

This title need video accompaniment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 4, 2018 12:25 PM

You read correctly r211

by Anonymousreply 214June 4, 2018 1:44 PM

R213- that is a stellar cast. And I always loved how Andrea Evans got the special last head shot. It was akin to Dynasty’s “Joan Collins as Alexis.” Total sexist bullshit that Asa was first- should’ve been Viki. Patriarchy in daytime- literally. Also- the last 2 clusters were always the filler cast members. The ones that never took off and were there literally because they show had to focus on more than 8 characters.

by Anonymousreply 215June 4, 2018 2:49 PM

r215, I think AE only got the last shot after Strasser left. I'm pretty sure she was the last shot prior to that.

I always found it odd Viki was not lead in that opening, but the Rauch show was very much a male-dominated era.

by Anonymousreply 216June 4, 2018 2:55 PM

Apparently this character was given the last shot after Strasser left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 4, 2018 3:05 PM

The last update to this this opening in 1991.

You can see how much Gottlieb pared down the cast given how slow the middle sections were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 4, 2018 3:11 PM

r215, what's wrong with patriarchal characters? They are fantastic roles on daytime: Asa, Adam Chandler, Edward Quartermaine... fuck off with your feminist bullshit. You got Tina taking the last shot, what more do you want cunt?

by Anonymousreply 219June 4, 2018 3:15 PM

Slee was the STAR, bitch. Not Phil Carey

by Anonymousreply 220June 4, 2018 3:18 PM

R219- is the cunt really necessary? Actually, I love that word, so it’s fine. I know patriarchs were a daytime trope and a certainly valuable one at that - but if we are talking “star billing” Erika Slezak was that in terms of storyline heft, air time, tenure and popularity. Asa was a major character but not of the magnitude of Viki and even Clint, Bo and Cord. It was just lazy to be like “let’s give star billing to the old white guy who plays a Texas oilman.”

by Anonymousreply 221June 4, 2018 4:02 PM

R221 it worked well for me!

by Anonymousreply 222June 4, 2018 4:17 PM

Viki was always somewhat subservient to the men under Rauch, even though she was the draw.

The men ruled under Rauch, which is why it was so difficult for a lot of them when Gottlieb came in.

by Anonymousreply 223June 4, 2018 4:42 PM

I loved Asa and am glad he got the first shot. Phil Carey was always entertaining and witty. Viki was bland and so uninteresting they had to invent alternate personalities to liven her up. Fuck that. She was never in Susan Lucci's league, which is why Robin Strasser and Andrea Evans were on the show, to give OLTL some much needed star quality.

by Anonymousreply 224June 4, 2018 5:29 PM

The 80s theme by Paebo Bryson was so beautiful, with unforgettable lyrics

[quote]We'll find tomorrow's a place for us, I know because / Time only knows how long forever's going to last and we don't even need to ask / Let's live today and find someone to share it with / for we only have ONE LIFE TO LIVE!

by Anonymousreply 225June 4, 2018 5:33 PM

r224 = bony bitch Sue nibbling on her birdseed

by Anonymousreply 226June 4, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote]Erika Slezak was that in terms of storyline heft, air time, tenure and popularity.

r221? Have a sun sweet pitted prune and shut the fuck up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 4, 2018 5:35 PM

r226, actually r224 is absolutely right. Erika Slezak could never carry the show on star power because she didn't have star quality. For all intents and purposes, she should have been in Susan Lucci and Deidre Hall's league as a 'name' but it never happened for her. She may have had the Emmy wins but she never had the mainstream recognition that they enjoyed. That's why the show had Dorian and Tina to lift her up, because alone she did nothing for ratings, which plummeted after Andrea Evans left. It was Andrea's show, she was the Lucci of Llanview.

by Anonymousreply 228June 4, 2018 5:37 PM

No one is debating "mainstream" recognition. And no one cares about Hooch or DeeDyke

by Anonymousreply 229June 4, 2018 5:45 PM

Lucci may have been the most recognizable, but she never grounded or centered AMC the way Slezak did for OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 230June 4, 2018 5:49 PM

You have to judge the stars based on the actual show they’re in. And while she never matched Lucci’s mainstream recognition (she hosted SNL for god sake)- she was the absolute leading lady and biggest star and MVP of OLTL. What’s so funny about my defense of her is that I totally favored Andrea Evans for her camp and charisma, but Viki was the main character and the show revolved around her. She definitely deserved to be billed above Phil Carey. Period. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 231June 4, 2018 5:56 PM

I am not sure what the debate is here.

AE left in 1990. Tina was recast and then minimized completely.

There is no real comparison to Slezak/Viki as the show's central force.

by Anonymousreply 232June 4, 2018 6:00 PM

AMC was better in the reboot than it had been in years...WITHOUT LUCCI.

LMFAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 233June 4, 2018 6:03 PM

R213- the female cast at this point was super strong- Viki, Tina, Gabrielle, Megan, Sarah- that is 5 super strong leading ladies. Sarah was the most boring but I know she had her fans.

by Anonymousreply 234June 4, 2018 6:08 PM

If you had Dorian in there r234, it would have been my favorite group to watch.

by Anonymousreply 235June 4, 2018 6:23 PM

Speaking of that era, my first sexual obsession as a wee lad was James DePaiva. He was shirtless on the cover of that ABC mail order magazine Episodes (inexplicably holding a baby) and it blew my mind. From then on, I jerked off to him daily.

by Anonymousreply 236June 4, 2018 6:55 PM

Elaine Princi never married. Is she a carpet mucher? Asking for a lez friend who is curious.

by Anonymousreply 237June 4, 2018 7:14 PM

r236, you jerked off to him holding a baby?

by Anonymousreply 238June 4, 2018 9:32 PM

It was Soap Opera Update, you feckless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 239June 4, 2018 9:36 PM

Would OLTL have had a star that was recognized nationally if Jacqueline Courtney had stayed?

In the 70s, Courtney was far better known than Susan Lucci was.

by Anonymousreply 240June 4, 2018 11:49 PM

Sleestack fans are a dying breed. In another 10 years when whatever exists of her 'fanbase' finally throw off this mortal coil, people will be stumbling onto her OLTL scenes on youtube and laughing their heads off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241June 4, 2018 11:54 PM

R239 - I stand corrected! Yes. How could I forget? I deserve that. R238- totally fair question. I didn’t jerk off to the cover per sé- more to fantasies about him doing really nasty things to me. Does that set the record straight? And let me understand this- the cheese stands alone? No other queers here found him insanely hot??? Who got your dicks wet? Clint Ritchie?!?!? For fucks sake!

by Anonymousreply 242June 5, 2018 12:01 AM

When Clint Ritchie arrived on the show, he was very hot. (It didn't last.) Jim De Paiva had his hot moments, but he paled in comparison to John Lo Preino, especially in a speedo. Or John Martin. Or Jim Wlcek.

by Anonymousreply 243June 5, 2018 12:04 AM

Loprieno/DePaiva/Joe Lando/Leonard Stabb were all hot at the time.

And yes, they were all men, not like Uncle Frank plastic feminine twinks.

by Anonymousreply 244June 5, 2018 2:14 AM

John Martin aka Jon Russell....le sigh

by Anonymousreply 245June 5, 2018 2:18 AM

John Loprieno has his hot moments but he stopped being hot once he grew his hair out. When it was short, look out. And yes- he was rather nice in a Speedo.

by Anonymousreply 246June 5, 2018 3:35 AM

It was a very long time ago when Loprieno was hot.

by Anonymousreply 247June 5, 2018 11:50 AM

r247, we were speaking of back then, not now.

by Anonymousreply 248June 5, 2018 12:22 PM

Did any soap kids or kids of soap stars turn out to be hot?

by Anonymousreply 249June 5, 2018 12:22 PM

Slee’s son is a HOTTIE!

by Anonymousreply 250June 5, 2018 12:52 PM

r249, I don't know about children but these soap sisters are hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 5, 2018 2:37 PM

the female cast at this point was super strong- Viki, Tina, Gabrielle, Megan, Sarah- that is 5 super strong leading ladies. Sarah was the most boring but I know she had her fans.

All of these female leads were one part of some of the shows best all time couples - Viki/Clint, Tina/Cord, Gabrielle/Max, Megan/Jake, Sarah/Bo...the show was really at it's best during this era...I even enjoed Asa/Renee, Cassie/Rob, Marilyn/Wade!

by Anonymousreply 252June 5, 2018 3:29 PM

I loved the Megan/Max/Gabrielle triangle.

by Anonymousreply 253June 5, 2018 3:38 PM

Can we discuss Lee Halpern? She was so great at her peak. When Charles Sanders died in bed with her and she took on Elizabeth Sanders???? That was a great storyline and was a rare breakthru during peak the Viki/Tina era. I was disappointed when she abruptly left the show. I thought that actress was really strong. Looking back on it, she really was that strong woman of the 80s type. Not a shrinking violet, not an ingenue. Just very competent and together. And yes, she did start off as a madam, but was redeemed.

by Anonymousreply 254June 5, 2018 3:53 PM

[quote]Viki was the main character and the show revolved around her. She definitely deserved to be billed above Phil Carey. Period. End of story.

Nope.

When that opening first debuted (December 1984), Asa was a dominant character on the show, and among the older folks of that generation, Phil Carey was much better known performer due to his background in mainstream movies and television. Slezak wasn't known outside of the soap world.

I can see a case made for Erika in the 90s, when she was winning the bulk of her Daytime Emmys. But in the 80s Phil deserved that first shot.

by Anonymousreply 255June 5, 2018 4:10 PM

r255 is right. Viki did not become the central figure until 1985/86 with Rauch and DID story.

by Anonymousreply 256June 5, 2018 4:20 PM

R255 and R256- there was NEVER a time on OLTL where Viki wasn’t front burner. Even during the golden era of Karen Wolek, it was Viki on trial for murder. Viki was on the show from day one, from Joe Riley to Clint- yes during 85/86 Paul Rauch became obsessed with her but she was always lead. And bigger than Asa. It isn’t about “who is bigger outside the soap world” you fucking idiots- it is who is the main star and main character of that particular soap universe. Viki over Asa. Any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 257June 5, 2018 4:42 PM

When ABC cancelled OLTL, I hoped that they would kill Viki off... but in a very moving, poignant way. Basically the show would ultimately be revealed that it was Viki’s “One life to live” and when she was gone, so went the show. It would’ve been a great way to have legacy characters come back and bid her farewell, Jessica Tuck would be there to welcome her to heaven... so many good flashbacks. Dorian and Viki’s final goodbye scene... would’ve been AMAZING.

by Anonymousreply 258June 5, 2018 4:47 PM

R249 Ew? Seems like a strange way to phrase a question.

by Anonymousreply 259June 5, 2018 4:54 PM

[quote] NEVER a time on OLTL where Viki wasn’t front burner.

No matter how many prunes we fed that heifer.....

by Anonymousreply 260June 5, 2018 4:55 PM

r258, the heaven thing had been done to death (no pun intended). She had just been back to heaven in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 261June 5, 2018 5:05 PM

Props to the mentions of all those stellar actresses who carried the show. I also loved Laura Bonarrigo and Grace Phillips in those years.

by Anonymousreply 262June 5, 2018 5:10 PM

If Fiona Hutchison hadn't left OLTL in the early 90s, I could see Gabrielle having most of Alex's storylines.

by Anonymousreply 263June 5, 2018 5:12 PM

I had always wondered how Gottlieb/Malone would have handled Gabrielle as well as Andrea Evans' Tina. According to Malone in one interview, they wanted to keep FH in 1991, but apparently it was a network thing.

by Anonymousreply 264June 5, 2018 5:14 PM

Wasn't it Malone who later had Gabrielle killed by a toilet? UGH

by Anonymousreply 265June 5, 2018 5:18 PM

The show would be totally different in Gabrielle and AE's Tina had stayed. No Todd and Blair, for one thing.

by Anonymousreply 266June 5, 2018 6:47 PM

I don't see why AE or Gabrielle would have stopped Todd's introduction....?

I tend to agree if Gabrielle had stayed, Blair might not have been created, or at least not put in Max's orbit.

by Anonymousreply 267June 5, 2018 6:49 PM

Also if AE stayed, John Loprieno probably wouldn't have left in 1991 either. So maybe no Tina/Cain. Malone had a lot of story wrapped with Blair's introduction and her connection to Dorian - I can't see that being scrapped.

by Anonymousreply 268June 5, 2018 6:52 PM

Tina and Gabrielle were the stars and by the time AH left in 1990, Fiona Hutchison literally spent a year carrying the entire show.

by Anonymousreply 269June 5, 2018 7:21 PM

[quote][R255] and [R256]- there was NEVER a time on OLTL where Viki wasn’t front burner. Even during the golden era of Karen Wolek, it was Viki on trial for murder. Viki was on the show from day one, from Joe Riley to Clint- yes during 85/86 Paul Rauch became obsessed with her but she was always lead. And bigger than Asa. It isn’t about “who is bigger outside the soap world” you fucking idiots- it is who is the main star and main character of that particular soap universe. Viki over Asa. Any day of the week.

First, I've never said Viki wasn't ever front burner.

Second, Asa was just as big in the early 80s, when the "Tour of Llanview" intro debuted..

And finally, if you think having a performer who is recognized outside of daytime isn't a big deal, you discredit all your other comments. (Although you had already done so by launching personal insults within a conversation about soap opera intros. I mean, get a grip. Honestly.)

by Anonymousreply 270June 5, 2018 9:57 PM

I recall a smug comment Erika Slezak made in a soap article where she said everybody who leaves OLTL thinks they are going off to become a big star and that it never happens for them. She was projecting her own garbage onto people, because she never had the courage to leave the show ... because we all know she would never have been able to cut it in primetime or movies.

by Anonymousreply 271June 5, 2018 11:00 PM

I had forgotten Wade. Fantastic body, not so much in the face department.

by Anonymousreply 272June 6, 2018 12:21 AM

R254 I think the reason Lee Halpern left was because of a writer's strike. She was killed off by the scab writers and that was not the plan at all. I don't remember other things that were ruined during that time, but that sticks out because I liked her character as well.

by Anonymousreply 273June 6, 2018 12:29 AM

Oh fuck all of ya - the ladies of the early 70's - Anna, Eileen, Carla, Vicki, Meredith, Julie and Cathy were great and all identifiable in some way. Sadie was in and out during this period. Then Dorian showed up with sister Melinda and the show in 1972./73 was SO good. I know there are tapes to show but I loved this show more than any other. Vicki was torn between Steve and Joe; Eileen was popping pills because her husband died; Julie was 'frigid' and drove hubby Mark (Tommy Lee Jones) into Dorian's arms. Carla was being romanced by Ed Hall. It was glorious.

by Anonymousreply 274June 6, 2018 12:48 AM

R274- we are just going to have to take your word for it, Coccoon.

by Anonymousreply 275June 6, 2018 1:10 AM

r274 = eldergay

by Anonymousreply 276June 6, 2018 2:01 AM

Didn't ReRon bring back Lee? Only to kill her off again?

by Anonymousreply 277June 6, 2018 2:02 AM

Tina ruled the 80s! Fuck Erica Kane!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278June 6, 2018 2:14 AM

Here's an AMC episode from 1991 where Adam Chandler threatens to go to the Intruder and "our mutual friend Dorian Lord" with some salacious tidbit and Erica Kane calls her "a filth monger". Go to 5:43 of the clip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279June 6, 2018 3:21 AM

After my triumphant return to TV last month I've pitched a new show to ABC!

"Slee's The Boss!"

If Judy Light can do it so can I, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 280June 7, 2018 3:09 AM

Best OLTL actresses of all time -

1. Judith Light

2. Erika Slezak

3. Robin Strasser

4. Andrea Evans

5. Fiona Hutchinson

6. Jessica Tuck

7. Hillary Bailey Smith

8. BarBara Luna

9. Gina Tognoni

10. Susan Haskell

by Anonymousreply 281June 7, 2018 5:48 PM

No Patty Elliott?

by Anonymousreply 282June 7, 2018 7:45 PM

Renee Goldsbury

by Anonymousreply 283June 7, 2018 8:07 PM

Andrea Evans?

BarBara Luna?

OW MY SIDES!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

by Anonymousreply 284June 7, 2018 8:43 PM

There is a vast differences between best OLTL "stars" and best OLTL "actresses".

by Anonymousreply 285June 7, 2018 9:57 PM

I remember turning the show off completely during the height of that John/Natalie/Evangeline shit. I hated all three characters by that point.

by Anonymousreply 286June 7, 2018 9:58 PM

Andrea Evans was sooooo bad. Oh hell to the know of her being a Top 10 actress.

by Anonymousreply 287June 7, 2018 9:59 PM

R287- she wasn’t gonna give Cate Blanchett a run for her money but she played Tina to the hilt. She was a memorable, charismatic vamp who took the show to big heights in her mid-late 80s reign.

by Anonymousreply 288June 7, 2018 10:06 PM

The Peabo Bryson version of the theme song is stuck in my head. That, and the image of John LoPreino in a speedo.

by Anonymousreply 289June 7, 2018 10:26 PM

Evans was an undeniable star - I don't think anyone categorizes her as a great thespian. Much like Lucci - she was a personality more than an actress.

by Anonymousreply 290June 7, 2018 10:36 PM

It's Fiona HutCHISon, not Fiona HutCHINson.

by Anonymousreply 291June 8, 2018 3:00 AM

R291- Who Gives A Fuck

by Anonymousreply 292June 8, 2018 6:06 PM

A high quality version of the theme without the vocals. Turn it up and enjoy!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 8, 2018 7:21 PM

Here's what to do when you don't find the rainbow's end (this time) Here's where you go when it looks like a grey morning (don't cry) I'LL GIVE YOU TOMORROW! Let me be the one to share it with And each day that follows! 'Cause we only have ONE LIFE TO LIVE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 8, 2018 7:27 PM

Funny that Bo was also before Viki before Bob Woods left.

by Anonymousreply 295June 8, 2018 9:03 PM

And Viki's pic was smaller at the end.

by Anonymousreply 296June 8, 2018 9:04 PM

It was Robin Strasser's photo at the end of r293's video.

And somehow Shelly Burch got into the opening segment with Asa, Clint, Bo and Viki. WTF?!?!

by Anonymousreply 297June 8, 2018 10:25 PM

Asshole serial psycho is poison on here. Time for his family to commit him, again.

by Anonymousreply 298June 8, 2018 10:59 PM

Two of the best characters ever created on OLTL, Marco Dane and Todd Manning were both ruined by being turned into comic relief. I will never forgive OLTL for either.

by Anonymousreply 299June 9, 2018 12:01 AM

I can’t imagine a world where Delilah was in the first cluster. When I started watching in 1987, she was back burner all the way. It wasn’t until she was held captive with Bo and Didi that I was like “oh shit... she’s not an extra????”

by Anonymousreply 300June 9, 2018 2:16 AM

r297, I meant the final screen grab where all the faces are present.

by Anonymousreply 301June 9, 2018 2:21 AM

I just rewatched the 1985 opening. This is clearly a cast in transition. And Andrea Evans is there... buried in the 3rd batch just waiting to come out and own the show. Shelly Ralston didn’t know what hit her. What are the politics involved with those moves in the 80s? Does a producer bring you in and say “sorry Shelly, you used to follow Erika Slezak but we’re moving your composite to the 2nd to last group?” Or does her agent tell her??? I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 302June 9, 2018 2:21 AM

r302, and Erika Slezak is THIRD in the opening! So much for her being regarded as the centre of the show as her fans claim.

by Anonymousreply 303June 9, 2018 2:23 AM

Forgive me- Shelly Burch- not Ralston

by Anonymousreply 304June 9, 2018 2:40 AM

I just fell down the rabbit hole watching all the openings from 1985-1990. All with Peabo crooning to me about not finding the rainbow’s end. A couple things- Holly Gagnier was lovely as Cassie. Dare I say underrated. Second- at some point, the Gordon sisters (aka Sarah and Megan) pull up and take precedence over Gabrielle in that all important and prominent 2nd batch of cast photos. I’m sure that was a dark day for Fiona. I’m sure someone got ripped a new asshole by her that day. As they should’ve!!!

by Anonymousreply 305June 9, 2018 3:15 AM

r305, Sarah and Gabrielle started in the same year, and Megan came less than a year later, so it's not like Gabrielle had been around a lot longer.

by Anonymousreply 306June 9, 2018 3:20 AM

Gabrielle was so great. She should have been queen of that show.

by Anonymousreply 307June 9, 2018 3:23 AM

There are some characters that just write themselves and Gabrielle was one of them. You could tell the writers loved writing for her. She segued from story to story without missing a beat. Also, Fiona was maybe the best soap crier in history. She could turn on the water works like no one’s business. And her lovely accent. Oh! She and Andrea Evans were the best of that decade.

by Anonymousreply 308June 9, 2018 2:51 PM

I never watched OLTL much in that era, but as a Guiding Light fan I can tell you that Fiona was truly a bright presence on that show. I liked her very much and missed her when she left.

by Anonymousreply 309June 9, 2018 2:56 PM

I never understood why they couldn't cultivate FiHutch's talents with her 2001 return.

by Anonymousreply 310June 9, 2018 3:12 PM

Fiona's husband was hot back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 311June 9, 2018 3:27 PM

Wonderful Gabrielle promo here where she seduces a priest (played by her real life husband!) I wish she'd never left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 9, 2018 3:30 PM

I think the problem with Gabrielle's return was twofold - 1) the camp of Tomlin's OLTL was more cartoon than the camp of the 80s and 2) Max had been so decimated by that time that it wasn't the same character.

That being said, I thought Gabrielle fit in quite well after the initial problems. It was a damn shame they had to completely annihilate the Holden family to make room for those insipid McBains - but now I see this is Frank's MO.

by Anonymousreply 313June 9, 2018 3:31 PM

When Gabrielle came back to the show, she could have taken the Dorian role, since RS was not there at the time. There was no need to bring Dorian back if they had just kept Gabs as the fabulous divalicious bitch in town. They should have had her take over Dorian's mansion too. Then if AE as Tina had come back, we could have gotten the show back to being about Tina and Gabrielle, instead of Viki and Dorian.

by Anonymousreply 314June 9, 2018 3:36 PM

Gabrielle had to be declawed so she could be paired with Bo.

by Anonymousreply 315June 9, 2018 3:40 PM

For anyone who doubts that Erika Slezak had a petty and vicious streak:

[quote]On why people leave Daytime: “Because they think they can do better somewhere else. And the track record isn't good. In the number of years I've been here, I've seen any number of people leave...”I'm gonna be a star'...and off they go. And two years later, they're back. Sometimes they come back, and almost without exception, it does not work when they come back. Andrea (Evans, ex-Tina) was the only exception.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 9, 2018 3:42 PM

I think she is referring to those who come in and stick their noses up at daytime, criticize it, and think they are better than soaps.

by Anonymousreply 317June 9, 2018 3:46 PM

r317, no, she's referring to people that have the courage to leave and dont want to be stuck on a soap for years and years. She's bitter.

by Anonymousreply 318June 9, 2018 3:50 PM

[quote] Erika Slezak

You spelled "Viki Sleestak" wrong.

by Anonymousreply 319June 9, 2018 4:32 PM

r318 = reaching

by Anonymousreply 320June 9, 2018 5:08 PM

LMFAOOOOOOOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 9, 2018 5:16 PM

I loved the Georgie Phillips character, she was a fucking riot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 9, 2018 5:29 PM

You've forgotten someone, bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 9, 2018 11:27 PM

Georgie was given a 180 when JFP arrived.

by Anonymousreply 324June 10, 2018 12:22 AM

R303 But, look where ES' picture is in the closing, her's is the biggest one right in the center, because she was the center of the show. That being said Philip Carey probably got to be first in the credits, because he was fulfilling the patriarch role on the show, and was well known from primetime tv. ES didn't mature into the show's matriarch until the late 1990's, at the earliest.

by Anonymousreply 325June 10, 2018 3:28 AM

R325 is a raging moron. Viki was old in the mid-late 80s. Let 90s??? You are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 326June 10, 2018 3:33 AM

Viki was certainly not supposed to be "old" in the late 80s. Early 40s was established. She always read older, and it didn't help that Clint Ritchie looked much older.

by Anonymousreply 327June 10, 2018 3:47 AM

The funny thing is, Victoria Lord always SEEMED old, even in clips I've seen from the 70s. I think because Slezak gave off a sexless or asexual vibe (kind of like Julie Andrews). She was very reserve, staid and lacking in passion. That's probably why all of her 'alter egos' on the show seemed like ridiculous farce as opposed to anything that was truly compelling. She just didn't have any earthy or sensual appeal which is why somebody like Kim Zimmer wipes the floor with her as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 328June 10, 2018 3:49 AM

And in what world is early 40s not old? This is the DL. Behave (and think) accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 329June 10, 2018 3:49 AM

Kim Zimmer? Sensual?

I think I just sharted.

by Anonymousreply 330June 10, 2018 3:50 AM

r330, by sensual, I mean down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 331June 10, 2018 3:51 AM

r328's point is why Andrea Evans became the star of the show, because Slezak just didn't have the Lucci touch (glamor and charisma). Evans had it, in spades. That's why it was still remembered as Tina's show, long after AE had left. She may not have had the theatrical chops but she had what consumers desire.

by Anonymousreply 332June 10, 2018 3:52 AM

R328- don’t make me laugh. Kim Zimmer was embarrassing. Even her “famous” Slut of Springfield scene was manufactured to be CBS’s version of Judith Light on the stand. And it was a pale imitation. No one ever applauded it. Or thought it was special or well acted. But the CBS propaganda machine tried to make it a “thing.” Which was embarrassing for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 333June 10, 2018 3:53 AM

I was an AE fan, but let's get real. The show went on long after she left with different Tinas. And then Tina was all but forgotten for the last decade.

by Anonymousreply 334June 10, 2018 3:55 AM

r333, right, that's why Zimmer has four Emmys? She was an incredible dramatic actress... a true force of nature, and she always made it feel real, unlike Sleaze's laughable melodrama.

by Anonymousreply 335June 10, 2018 3:55 AM

If Slezak had left the show, Viki would have been easily recastable. Maybe if they had gotten somebody like Kate Collins, the character would have had a lease of life.

by Anonymousreply 336June 10, 2018 3:56 AM

Fuck Kate Collins

by Anonymousreply 337June 10, 2018 3:57 AM

Vikki always seemed "older" because that was what the character was supposed to be, she was supposed to a staid, tightly wound, old school WASP. Tina wasn't supposed to be that, SHE was the wild child. Dorian was different as well because she was a brash self-made career woman. Vikki was supposed to be the prim and proper old-school person, which is why Nikki Smith was shocking! If Tina, had developed an alter, her alter would have had to be like Vikki, because Tina's normal behavior was like Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 338June 10, 2018 3:58 AM

Zimmer is just as much of a HAM as any of them. They all had their moments of greatness, but they also all chewed the scenery a lot.

by Anonymousreply 339June 10, 2018 3:58 AM

I like the opening they did for the online version.

by Anonymousreply 340June 10, 2018 4:01 AM

I did too, r340. I thought it was catchy and they all looked like they were having fun. It captured the vibe.

by Anonymousreply 341June 10, 2018 4:02 AM

I also liked the second "Tour of Llanview" opening a lot. I hated the last nondescript opening when all the ABC soaps had the same look.

by Anonymousreply 342June 10, 2018 4:03 AM

R340 Really? I hated it. It seemed like an afterthought. I thought the one they did for AMC was good, but the OLTL one was horrible. They should have just got Blair to sing the song from the 1980's.

by Anonymousreply 343June 10, 2018 4:03 AM

r337, Kate Collins was wonderful. Those were the glory days for ABC Daytime: Kate, Andrea Evans and Finola:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344June 10, 2018 4:04 AM

How did the Kate Collins troll find this thread?

by Anonymousreply 345June 10, 2018 4:05 AM

Why has a Kim Zimmer sycophant invaded this thread? Surely not because he enjoyed her work as Echo DeBullshit????

by Anonymousreply 346June 10, 2018 4:06 AM

r346...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347June 10, 2018 4:07 AM

Viki took out the trash

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 10, 2018 4:07 AM

r347, marry me.

by Anonymousreply 349June 10, 2018 4:07 AM

Gina Tognoni had a breathtaking, Grace Kelly type beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 10, 2018 4:10 AM

It was crazy, I loved Kim Zimmer as Reva on GL, but I fucking HATED her as Echo. The only thing I liked about her time on OLTL was that it resulted in Dorian and Vikki teaming up because of their hatred of her. I always loved it when they would team up, against someone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 10, 2018 4:11 AM

r351, that's how good Kim Zimmer is as an actor... she was absolutely aware that she was not bringing a 'star performance' to OLTL, she embraced the role of Echo like she was a character actor and left the Reva flash on GL. Because she knows how to play two different characters, one captivating and the other not.

by Anonymousreply 352June 10, 2018 4:12 AM

Good lord, that reminded how much of a fucking clusterfuck Carlivati's storytelling became. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 353June 10, 2018 4:12 AM

R352 She must have been a genius then because she was SHIT as Echo. I kept hoping she would go for a walk and somehow fall into Eterna and never be found.

by Anonymousreply 354June 10, 2018 4:21 AM

r354, Zimmer said herself that she was on OLTL because they asked her but she didnt come to upstage anyone, specifying how that was part of Reva's character, but not Echo's.

by Anonymousreply 355June 10, 2018 4:23 AM

Carlivati should have brought Gabrielle back for another adventure with Tina.

by Anonymousreply 356June 10, 2018 4:28 AM

R355 Yeah but is that really true, about the character? She was supposed to be a conniving schemer, so a little more OTT upstaging would have worked better, and made the character less blah. Just the name Echo DiSavoy conjures up someone flashy.

by Anonymousreply 357June 10, 2018 4:33 AM

r356, I had really hoped Carlivati would somehow "undo" Gabrielle's unjust "murder by toilet" before the end.

by Anonymousreply 358June 10, 2018 12:30 PM

When writers murder a character by toilet, you know they have something against the actress.

Viki, Tina, and Dorian were wonderfully complementary. Viki, so repressed and damaged; Tina, so needing acknowledgement and love; and Dorian (the Strasser version, not the Pinkerton version), so angry at the world at the injustices done to her. Slezak, Evans, and Strasser played them so well -- it was like something out of Pirandello. They came together and apart so amazingly, primarily because of the actresses and not the writers, I would contend. Much of the rest of the show was entertaining, but these three were the lightning rod at the center. They gave the show its electricity. When they weren't on, or weren't interacting, the show was less. But when you lit up these three, the show made you laugh, cry, and cheer.

by Anonymousreply 359June 10, 2018 12:42 PM

I cannot imagine Malone had any ax to grind with Fiona. In fact, didn't he say he had wanted to write for Gabrielle since his first stint?

I have a feeling this was more a Frons mandate - didn't Fiona speak out about the firing of James DePaiva and Al's death, etc? Sort of like the "punishment" Cady McClain got death by pancakes.

by Anonymousreply 360June 10, 2018 12:47 PM

If Andrea Evans was the star of OLTL in the 80s then why didn't they immediately scoop her back up with a long-term contract when Evans returned to soaps in the early 2000s?

Instead James Reilly, the extremely over the top former headwriter of Guiding Light and Days of Our Lives and a huge OLTL and AMC fan, got her for his new supernatural camp fest soap, Passions

He also got Robin Strasser over on Passions for a few years playing a witch named Hecuba

by Anonymousreply 361June 10, 2018 12:56 PM

The only rumors I ever remember about Andrea Evans returning was under JFP.

by Anonymousreply 362June 10, 2018 12:57 PM

Maria's poisonous plot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363June 10, 2018 2:13 PM

r361, because Erika Slezak obviously put the brakes on it.

by Anonymousreply 364June 10, 2018 2:28 PM

I hated how they dealt with the Viki/Tina relationship during AE's initial return in 2008.

by Anonymousreply 365June 10, 2018 2:32 PM

This promo is such a crock. How many husbands has Viki had and yet she claims that she's never been able to live for herself, only for others LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366June 10, 2018 2:49 PM

Viki was always subordinate to Clunk.

by Anonymousreply 367June 10, 2018 2:59 PM

R333 you must have never seen Reva: The Scarlett Years or Roger Thorpe: The Scandal Years on sale at Kroger's Christmas 1999. I bought them and CBS was definitely promoting La Zim.

by Anonymousreply 368June 10, 2018 3:09 PM

WEHT to Brandon Butt Buddy?

by Anonymousreply 369June 10, 2018 3:15 PM

Perfect delivery...

"You could slather on the rouge with a trowel and you couldn't hide the ugliness underneath"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 10, 2018 3:18 PM

Clint Ritchie looked awful in the scenes at the end.

by Anonymousreply 371June 10, 2018 3:35 PM

You could see why Slee went running to Roy Thinnes

by Anonymousreply 372June 10, 2018 5:05 PM

Clint survived. He got Carlowta to suck on his big Texas dong.

by Anonymousreply 373June 10, 2018 6:57 PM

Didn't he have another girlfriend after that, Dallas? The character was never developed. Did Clint have a big Texas dong? Nice thought, but I never saw a bulge. (Not like John LoPrieno.) I was looking.

by Anonymousreply 374June 10, 2018 7:40 PM

Does anyone rse remember how Cord used to call Tina “girl”? It was very endearing. He would say it mostly out of exasperation but sometimes as a term of endearment. Loved that.

by Anonymousreply 375June 10, 2018 8:04 PM

Bring it back!!! But only with Andy. Hot hot kid.

by Anonymousreply 376June 10, 2018 8:09 PM

The show never realised that showcasing Erika Slezak as the star is the reason it had such miserable ratings. When Andrea Evans was there, OLTL was in the top 3 out of a dozen soaps. Do the math.

by Anonymousreply 377June 10, 2018 10:29 PM

Nice try, r377.

by Anonymousreply 378June 10, 2018 10:56 PM

Yes, bring it back, bring it back! I miss the people of Llanview!

by Anonymousreply 379June 10, 2018 11:04 PM

Even Mr. Rogers was looking for the rainbow's end!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380June 11, 2018 1:55 AM

If they could find anyone to buy the OLTL rights what do you think they are worth?

by Anonymousreply 381June 11, 2018 2:14 AM

After the PP disaster, I don't think they would sell them at least while GH is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 382June 11, 2018 2:16 AM

r380, I just want to know what pathetic human being actually sat down to make that. LOL

by Anonymousreply 383June 11, 2018 2:26 AM

Does anyone remember the theme change in 1992? I was a teenager, but I still remember being like WTF did they do?

by Anonymousreply 384June 11, 2018 2:57 AM

R384 I was child so maybe it is forgivable, but I actually cried.

by Anonymousreply 385June 11, 2018 2:59 AM

We lost the opening and Megan in the same week...LOL

by Anonymousreply 386June 11, 2018 3:01 AM

R383 There are quite a few of the saddest, fattest people on earth who seem to just LIVE to do shit like that. There are a number of "recreated" show openings out there with sad computer mock-up programs.

One sad one was a remake of the mid 60s CBS interstitial/ID that said "In Living Color." Some queen put her own voice on the remake.

"CBSSSSSSSSSSSS pressssenths this program in collah!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 11, 2018 3:02 AM

Jesus, anyone with half a brain knows that Henrietta Pussycat should have the closing shot in those credits.

by Anonymousreply 388June 11, 2018 7:09 AM

I know a lot of it was the writing, but the Viki/Dorian relationship was never as good with Princi. I liked Princi as Dorian, don't get me wrong - but the Viki/Dorian dynamic was never there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389June 11, 2018 3:00 PM

Princi was an excellent Dorian. She didn’t have quite the same chemistry with Slezak that Strasser had but then Strasser didn’t have the same chemistry with the Jason Webb character that Princi had. Give and take. Overall, Princi was a great recast.

by Anonymousreply 390June 11, 2018 3:30 PM

Again, Rauch never really delved into the Viki/Dorian relationship - even at the end of Strasser's first run, they were hardly intertwined the way they became in the 90s. It was Malone who tapped into that.

by Anonymousreply 391June 11, 2018 3:34 PM

Princi always seemed to me to be doing a Robin Strasser imitation.

I know that the three Buchanan actors were interviewed somewhere roughly around the beginning of the Gottlieb years and they hated either Princi or Strasser and complained about her, but I cannot remember if they wanted Strasser back and complained about Princi, or vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 392June 11, 2018 3:42 PM

r392, the rumor was that Phil Carey complained when they brought Strasser back.

by Anonymousreply 393June 11, 2018 3:45 PM

Hmmph.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 11, 2018 4:27 PM

R393 The queen Michael Logan reported in TV Guide that when Phil Carey found out that Strasser was returning, he marched up to Linda Gottlieb’s office and told her that she better not put him in any scenes with that bitch, referring to Strasser. The cast and especially the crew loved Princi and hated Strasser.

by Anonymousreply 395June 11, 2018 9:06 PM

Asa was one of the best characters in OLTL history if Phil Carrey wanted nothing to do with witchy bitchy Robin I’m sure she really was from Hell.

I can’t help wonder how great OLTL would have been if AE Tina and Gabrielle stayed into the 90s. I think their dynamic could have been better than the Viki/Dorian feud.

The episodes surrounding “the letter” showcase how great the Viki, Dorian, Tina trio truly were!!!

Wish they had the guts to have made Joey Buchanan the gay character. Or even Rex when he came to town was rumored to be gay same goes for Paul Cramer.

by Anonymousreply 396June 11, 2018 9:16 PM

R396 I thought for sure Paul Cramer's secret would be that he was gay, not that he had been married to AMC's Babe. It would have been more believable.

by Anonymousreply 397June 11, 2018 9:24 PM

I wish Tina and Gabrielle had stayed into the 90s too r396. I just think they both gave the show such a light entertainment factor and that it could get so fucking grim during the Todd and Marty years, it needed the high spirited camp and comedy that AE and FH excelled at, even though Fi could do dark and tragic stories too, she always made them fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 398June 11, 2018 11:16 PM

With Elaine Princi in the role, Dorian was thankfully finally becoming more of a supporting role, and they should have done this with Slezak too. In my alternative OLTL timeline, Andrea and Fiona ruled OLTL as its leading ladies in the 90s and kept those ratings in the top four bracket. Things could have been so different.

by Anonymousreply 399June 11, 2018 11:19 PM

Which cancelled soap is DL's favorite? Another World or OLTL? I would assume Another World. Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 400June 11, 2018 11:26 PM

OLTL hands down, I think.

by Anonymousreply 401June 11, 2018 11:30 PM

Hands down my ass. Every show has its fans.

P&G soaps tend to have older fans, though. ABC had more viewers by sheer number. AW fans were seriously loyal, though. Many that watched, watched to the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 402June 11, 2018 11:33 PM

Get your fucking Another World discussion out of this thread. This is Llanview... where the fuck do you think you are?

by Anonymousreply 403June 12, 2018 12:26 AM

That must be Luna at R403. Someone get that ole gal her meds, please.

by Anonymousreply 404June 12, 2018 12:28 AM

I was a fan of OLTL until its last few years or so. I hated Ron's vision of the show and I hated what Frons turned it into even more; both of them killed the show for me.

Although I still wonder how that absolute POS GH is still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 405June 12, 2018 12:51 AM

The absolute worst years were under Dena Higley. That was the first time I ever completely stopped watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 406June 12, 2018 2:01 AM

R406 yup just like her headwriting stints on Days of Our Lives, just awful

Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell got DAYS back on track after Dena nearly destroyed it the first time and then she was hired back only to destroy it again until Ken Corday fired her and hired Ron Carlivati, now at least it's watchable again

Didn't Dena, Ron, Gary Tomlin, Christopher Whitesell and even Josh Griffith, ALL write for both OLTL and DAYS

Soaps are SO incestuous

by Anonymousreply 407June 12, 2018 2:45 AM

Dena had one mildly interesting story in the very beginning which was with Nora and Daniel Colson. Fans actually thought Nora would be getting a real storyline. Of course, after that reveal, HBS was put into exile.

The Santi mess was a huge bust, and that was under Malone. I think that story is what ultimately led to him going (and rightfully so).

by Anonymousreply 408June 12, 2018 2:50 AM

I honestly think Malone & Griffith were completely fucked from the beginning of their 2003 return. Between Frons and Frank, they were never going to win. They had some very good elements from get go...Joey returning as priest with Andrew back, Max at the rectory, Nora/Bo/Gabrielle, Troy/Lindsay, Dorian's return. I still don't know WTF they were thinking with the Victor Lord being alive bullshit though.

by Anonymousreply 409June 12, 2018 2:55 AM

I'm going to write to ABC and offer them 5,000 dollars for OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 410June 12, 2018 3:01 AM

I would contribute to have Viki & Dorian back

by Anonymousreply 411June 12, 2018 11:54 AM

I’ll donate 3.00 to get OLTL back.

by Anonymousreply 412June 12, 2018 5:45 PM

Who were the best rivals ?

Viki v. Dorian? Tina v. Gabrielle? Blair v. Tea? Lindsay v. Nora? Todd v. Marty? Natalie v. Jessica? Mitch Lawrence v. Llanview?

by Anonymousreply 413June 12, 2018 6:11 PM

Rex v. Heterosexuality

by Anonymousreply 414June 12, 2018 7:07 PM

Triscuitt vs. Haters. We weren't watching for his acting.

by Anonymousreply 415June 12, 2018 7:28 PM

Tina and Gabrielle's relationship was fascinating because they were really the first ever frenemies on television. Whatever one was plotting or trying to pull off, the other would invariably find out and try to use the information to her advantage. The end result was never one of open hostility but a kind of playful bitchiness, that just made them so much better than the boring Viki-Dorian dynamic with its broad strokes of heroine vs villainess. With Tina and Gabrielle, both had questionable morals, but they were there through each other's dramas and that is why they defined the show's most entertaining era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 12, 2018 8:57 PM

Seponski and Watkins used to do the nasty in their dressing room.

by Anonymousreply 417June 12, 2018 9:39 PM

Tina!

Bring me the axe!

by Anonymousreply 418June 12, 2018 10:18 PM

Yeah Rex should have NEVER been made a Buchanan. Same goes for David. Both characters would have made more sense being at the very least Bi. Both hustler con-man opportunist jokester types. Doesn't surprise me if the actors were getting it on in real life.

Gigi was one of the worst characters of all time!!! Marcie a close second.

Tina & Gabrielle were complex frenemies more so than straight up enemies. I was always Team Lindsay I understood how she could hate Nora.

by Anonymousreply 419June 12, 2018 11:16 PM

R419, I disagree about Marcie. I thought it was brave to have a semi-main character who was overweight but still landed a hot boyfriend (Al) and who attached herself to a prettier girl (Jen).

by Anonymousreply 420June 12, 2018 11:32 PM

Anyone have any Marco/Mario and a scenes? They were my all time favorite couple.

by Anonymousreply 421June 12, 2018 11:34 PM

R419 Well there is no reason that they couldn't be Buchanan and BI or gay. The strangest thing to me was when they made Nigel straight.

I liked Gigi in Paris, TX, but she and her son got annoying after coming to Llanview. I did like her sister, Stacy, though. She reminded me of Tina or Alex, in a way.

To me Marcie was ok, as she sort of filled the Luna type role.

by Anonymousreply 422June 12, 2018 11:37 PM

Hated Luna. Only time Marcie was interesting was when she on the run and crazed!!!

Stacy was amazingly awful loved her hating Gigi. She was a much needed bad girl vixen like Alex or Tina. Kimberly Andrews also great addition!

by Anonymousreply 423June 12, 2018 11:39 PM

I LOVED Luna, and have never understood the hate for her.

by Anonymousreply 424June 12, 2018 11:43 PM

Speaking of late additions to OLTL, I liked the Patels. Was OLTL the first soap to have regular Indian characters? I thought Vimal was extremely cute.

by Anonymousreply 425June 12, 2018 11:44 PM

Loved the Patels, Aubrey, and Josh what-his-name with the six pack. They made the last months better. Stacy was intolerable; she had absolutely none of the endearing qualities or vulnerability of Tina or the humor of Alex. Gigi wasn't much better.

by Anonymousreply 426June 12, 2018 11:59 PM

What I liked about Stacy was that she was BAD, and unapologetically bad! I agree that she didn't have the shading of Tina or Alex, but the show really needed a bitch at that time, and she filled the role nicely. What can I say I love a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 427June 13, 2018 12:07 AM

Why did Wanda leave the show?

by Anonymousreply 428June 13, 2018 12:20 AM

Hated Stacy. The character was horrible and the actress was even worse. God she was bad.

Was so happy when she fell into the lake and appeared to have "died". Should have known lame Ron would find a way to bring her back.

by Anonymousreply 429June 13, 2018 1:11 AM

Stacey was unwatchable. For once in my life, I had to fast forward through OLTL because watching her was downright painful. And I loved OLTL!

by Anonymousreply 430June 13, 2018 1:34 AM

Maybe, it was just because I liked Crystal Hunt as Lizzie Spaulding on GL, but I didn't think she was bad on OLTL.

by Anonymousreply 431June 13, 2018 1:40 AM

I'd stick with Dorian and Viki because of the rich history the characters shared or Todd and Marty simply for the electric intensity they brought to their acting whenever they shared the screen. Even at his laziest Howarth would come alive opposite Haskell.

by Anonymousreply 432June 13, 2018 1:52 AM

Crystal Hunt was too ugly to be a vixen.

by Anonymousreply 433June 13, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote] I LOVED Luna, and have never understood the hate for her.

Me too.

[quote] Maybe, it was just because I liked Crystal Hunt as Lizzie Spaulding on GL, but I didn't think she was bad on OLTL.

Loathed CH on GL, and hated her on OLTL too. She couldn't so much as fart convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 434June 13, 2018 3:03 AM

What loser made this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 13, 2018 3:10 AM

Probably the same mess that made R380

by Anonymousreply 436June 13, 2018 3:11 AM

With the possible exception of the early characterization of Jared and Charlie, all of Carlivati's own creations sucked. He never developed character - he developed plots.

by Anonymousreply 437June 13, 2018 3:21 AM

I agree about Jared and Charlie r437, and then he went and ruined BOTH of them eventually.

Carlivati is such a fuckin' hack.

by Anonymousreply 438June 13, 2018 5:26 AM

All that trouble to create Jared and Charlie, and then threw them away. A death should move us (e.g., Brooke's Laura), not move story.

by Anonymousreply 439June 13, 2018 11:41 AM

To be fair, i don't think getting rid of Jared was Carlivati's decision.

by Anonymousreply 440June 13, 2018 12:18 PM

Would this love scene fly in 2018? It’s a little rape-y. But this speaks to Max and Gabrielle’s insane chemistry. It is a totally over the top scene but totally aimed at its demographic- 80’s fraus and gay men who wanted a hot man to do dominate them. And their Michael Bolton love theme was perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 13, 2018 12:46 PM

You would only get away with it in Carlivati's world "fun rape"

by Anonymousreply 442June 13, 2018 2:00 PM

R442 like how Carlivati just had Stefan (Tyler Christopher) rape Abby, who had multiple personalities and thought she was "Gabi" on Days of Our Lives?

Ron thought it was fun!

by Anonymousreply 443June 13, 2018 3:50 PM

Don't forget Ford's "fun" rape of "I-think-I'm-a-teen" Jessica.

I swear, Carlivati put some god awful shit onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 444June 13, 2018 6:23 PM

Crystal Hunt was pretty awful, which was a shame, because Stacy and Kim really should have been DL icons for years to come if a better actor had played Stacy (and mopped the floor with Farah Fath).

by Anonymousreply 445June 13, 2018 9:54 PM

r441

fuck that was rapey

by Anonymousreply 446June 13, 2018 9:55 PM

Fiona’s pussy stunk.

by Anonymousreply 447June 13, 2018 11:37 PM

Gabrielle was so campy. I loved the way she would use her hair -- flinging it about like a weapon. Jim da Paiva was cute, but not a great actor. He didn't know how to shout without sounding forced. I never found him to be a hot leading man.

by Anonymousreply 448June 14, 2018 1:08 AM

r446, it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 449June 14, 2018 1:37 AM

R281 it's more like...

1. Light 2. Slezak 3. Haskell 4. Strasser 5. Smith 6. Tognoni 7. Tuck 8. Lozano 9. Hutchison 10. DePaiva

by Anonymousreply 450June 14, 2018 4:53 AM

Gina is hilarious in this scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 14, 2018 5:00 AM

R450 I'm just about in complete agreement with your list, especially the 1,2,3 order. Except for one big thing: I'd cut it off after 3.... Strasser had some good years when she first came on, but for me it was all camp city once she returned. I only saw Tuck's last season, and I pretty much missed the Hutchison years, (sorry).

Having watched from 1970 to about 1980, Margaret Klenck was terrific.

And Andrea Evans gets my vote for the greatest bad actress in daytime history, even over Susan Lucci. I used to call Andrea the Pia Zadora of daytime.

by Anonymousreply 452June 14, 2018 5:53 AM

Fiona Hutchison should be above Slezak. Nobody could cry on cue like Fee.

by Anonymousreply 453June 14, 2018 5:59 AM

Only on this board could the most honored actress in daytime history, be considered to not even be the best actress on her show. Look I love Judith Light, and I would agree that she was great on OLTL, but I can't rank all these people against one another because Judith's six wonderful years on the show and two daytime Emmys cannot compare to Erika's 41 years of excellence, and six Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 454June 14, 2018 6:11 AM

Some people on the DL have a serious hate on for ES, Ive never understood it myself.

by Anonymousreply 455June 14, 2018 6:25 AM

The Katherine Glass Troll hasn't made an appearance in many months. I'm concerned.

by Anonymousreply 456June 14, 2018 8:31 AM

[quote] Some people on the DL have a serious hate on for ES, Ive never understood it myself.

It's not hate, but Slee is a big ham, and some of us don't like ham at every meal.

by Anonymousreply 457June 14, 2018 11:48 AM

Strasser was mesmerizing during the Malone years. Having been too young to fully remember her earlier run, I remember being glued to the screen during that whole Lord of the Banner story through the murder trial to the personalities. I know older/long-term viewers had a huge problem with the history/retcon used in this story, but to me at that time, it was stellar.

by Anonymousreply 458June 14, 2018 11:55 AM

Slee and that over the top change in personalities should never have been rewarded.

by Anonymousreply 459June 14, 2018 12:04 PM

r459 = Sue, nibbling on her morning birdseed whilst squatting on her pilates chair.

by Anonymousreply 460June 14, 2018 12:05 PM

I love all of you misguided people who judge a show based only on that time your were watching it and make silly lists about who's the best whatever based on limited and biased criteria. Slezak wasn't even the best Viki, let alone the best actress on the show. Maybe you should just stick to discussing storylines and stop with the best of lists.

by Anonymousreply 461June 14, 2018 12:23 PM

SMELL Miss R461!

by Anonymousreply 462June 14, 2018 1:00 PM

r461, you sound ridiculous. How else would someone judge something other than what they have personally experienced?

by Anonymousreply 463June 14, 2018 1:06 PM

I don't agree R463. You can talk about storylines from when you watched, but best of lists are meaningless unless you take the show, in its entirety, into account. When doing best of lists you have to take the full 43 years into account, from July 15, 1968 until January 13, 2012. Unless you make clear that this is a best of list from 1985 until 1989.

Anyone who saw Gillian Spencer play Viki would laugh at the idea that Slezak is the best anything.

by Anonymousreply 464June 14, 2018 1:19 PM

r464, perhaps you should change your meds.

by Anonymousreply 465June 14, 2018 1:29 PM

And perhaps you should be willing to hear a different point of view.

by Anonymousreply 466June 14, 2018 1:36 PM

R464 Sorry, we're not a hundred years old, we didn't see Gillian as Viki.

Slee was Iconic.

by Anonymousreply 467June 14, 2018 1:47 PM

And who cares if someone wants to make a list? LMAO!!

by Anonymousreply 468June 14, 2018 1:51 PM

You people are the reason why soaps died out. You don't understand what makes them special. It's not about being 100 years old, it's about respecting the entire body of work.

by Anonymousreply 469June 14, 2018 1:59 PM

Judith Light is simply on another level to Slee. The proof is in the pudding:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 14, 2018 2:53 PM

R469 has clutched her pearls SO hard they've turned into oysters.

by Anonymousreply 471June 14, 2018 2:57 PM

1. Light 2. Slezak 3. Haskell 4. Strasser 5. Smith 6. Tognoni 7. Tuck 8. Lozano 9. Hutchison 10. DePaiva

I think this a good list but on pure charisma alone Andrea Evans belongs on here somewhere. Patricia Elliot was always great. I think Tognoni was very green yet charming at the start. Lozano and Strasser sometimes chewed scenery. Depaiva grew into her role. I liked Jensen Buchanan and Grace Phillips as Sarah too.

by Anonymousreply 472June 14, 2018 3:54 PM

I loved Light on One Life to Live (and in other things), yet always hated how one note she was on Who's the Boss. I never would had thought she'd have any acting talent to spare if I'd only seen her in that role.

by Anonymousreply 473June 14, 2018 4:30 PM

R473 Did you see her on the new Dallas? She was, well I can't even describe it, so OTT and campy, but brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 474June 14, 2018 5:05 PM

R473 The irony about Judith Light, is that Who's the Boss is the role she is best known for by the masses, and it's the role that made her the most money - by far!!! Yet the only role that failed to showcase her amazing talent;

by Anonymousreply 475June 14, 2018 6:41 PM

r458

what was the retcon?

by Anonymousreply 476June 14, 2018 6:57 PM

Every year for the past six years on January 13th I light my candles and pray to the Episcopal God (or was Andrew an Anglican Reverend?). Either way I pray for Marty that she and Patrick are finally living happily ever in peace, for Victoria that she gets more prune contracts, for the Ford Brothers to finally learn the joys of incest, for Jessica to finally get some job other than just being an alter and for the protection of the feet of

by Anonymousreply 477June 14, 2018 7:08 PM

Andrew was Episcopal.

Episcopal = American

Anglican = England, Australia, Canada etc.

by Anonymousreply 478June 14, 2018 7:35 PM

r476, the retcon is that long time viewers saw Dorian kill Victor Lord, but in Malone's rewrite he had one of Viki's alters, Torie, do the dirty deed.

by Anonymousreply 479June 14, 2018 7:37 PM

Gabrielle praying for her rainbow's end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 14, 2018 8:06 PM

Fiona was such an awful actress. No wonder she isn’t acting anymore. lol

by Anonymousreply 481June 14, 2018 8:27 PM

r481, lies.

by Anonymousreply 482June 14, 2018 8:28 PM

I thought we didn't actually *see* Victor's death, only the implications after the fact.

by Anonymousreply 483June 14, 2018 8:28 PM

Anyone remeber Angela Holiday and the Tabernacle of Joy? Always wished they gave her more to do.

Same goes for Yasmine Bleeth as LeeAnn would be great if she came back to avange her son Duke's death and destroyed Kevin and all the Buchanan's in a Hell Hath No Fury like a Mother scorned.

Too bad they didn't do anything with Casper Van Dien/Ty Moody? or Ryan Phillippe/Billy Douglas? So much untapped potential.

by Anonymousreply 484June 14, 2018 8:32 PM

I remember Andrea being a bridesmaid at Fiona’s wedding IRL. I wonder if they’re still friends today. How can we did that out????

by Anonymousreply 485June 14, 2018 8:33 PM

^^find

by Anonymousreply 486June 14, 2018 8:33 PM

I'd watch a OLTL reboot centered around the Lord siblings. We'd have Viki, Tina, and Todd their spouses and spawn all vying to run The Banner. With the Theme song we all know and love!!!

by Anonymousreply 487June 14, 2018 8:35 PM

[quote] The retcon is that long time viewers saw Dorian kill Victor Lord, but in Malone's rewrite he had one of Viki's alters, Tori, do the dirty deed.

They retconned that a few times. If I remember correctly, at some point before or after the multiple alters story, Victor was discovered alive....was he not?

by Anonymousreply 488June 14, 2018 9:33 PM

R488 Yes, he came back to steal his granddaughter's heart. Really, I'm not lying that was the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 489June 14, 2018 9:38 PM

And he gave Todd his ring. It was like, "here Todd, wear my ring, because I am a monster and so are you."

I would have been like, "gee, thanks for nothing Dad."

by Anonymousreply 490June 14, 2018 11:59 PM

Carlivati sort of tried to retcon the retcon when Dorian alluded to that Victor in 2003 being fake.

by Anonymousreply 491June 15, 2018 1:58 AM

Few retcons work well. The only one that really made sense was when it emerged that Viki's multiple personalities were due to her having been sexually abused by her father, rather than earlier reasons given (she saw Victor push her mother down the stairs and, later, because she saw her father having sex with her friend Irene Manning).

by Anonymousreply 492June 15, 2018 2:02 AM

I'm troubled by mysteries that went unsolved when OLTL ended. The girl who made the porno with the third Ford brother: who was her mother? Who was Aubrey talking to on the phone?

by Anonymousreply 493June 15, 2018 2:05 AM

r493, no one cared about those shit characters, hence why the show was canceled.

by Anonymousreply 494June 15, 2018 2:06 AM

I'd like to see the Ford Brother's porno.

by Anonymousreply 495June 15, 2018 2:09 AM

To me the thing that the reboot didn't do enough to answer was the last scene of the original OLTL where crazy Allison Perkins was holding Victor Jr. hostage.

I have to say I fucking loved Perkins and Trevor Saint John is SO much hotter than RH.

by Anonymousreply 496June 15, 2018 2:11 AM

We know, Frankie @r495, we know.

by Anonymousreply 497June 15, 2018 2:12 AM

Trevor St. John had a very sexy vibe...almost a sexual sadist vibe.

by Anonymousreply 498June 15, 2018 2:14 AM

Trevor was an awesome Todd. He was sexy, sadistic, and had no issues owning the sociopath side of Todd. He even played him slightly bi sexual the way he'd taunt and flirt wiht men and his daughters boyfriends. I loved his arrogance. Don't think he gets enough credit making an iconic role his own.

by Anonymousreply 499June 15, 2018 2:28 AM

The Trevor St. John as Todd "execution" was a highlight of the show's final decade. It was so heartrending and raw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 15, 2018 2:34 AM

Sad Trevor's Todd didn't have the same dynamic with Viki or Blair or even Starr. I did like him with Evangeline, Tea, and I loved the dark twisted romance with Marty. I liked their chemistry despite how sick the SL was. He also sparked with John Mcbain, Cole, Christian...

by Anonymousreply 501June 15, 2018 2:39 AM

R501 I agree, except I thought he and Viki were great in scenes with one another, honestly as much as others on here dislike her I think ES could play a scene with a mannequin and make it believable. I like how when RH came back they paired him with Blair and TSJ with Tea. I always liked RH's Todd with Blair, but not TSJ's and I hated Tea with RH's Todd, but loved her with TSJ's.

by Anonymousreply 502June 15, 2018 2:45 AM

I don't think Slee cared for Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 503June 15, 2018 2:49 AM

The problem with TSJ is that they tried to morph Todd to suit him. Todd should have never been "sexy" or romantically flirty/aggressive as TSJ played him.

by Anonymousreply 504June 15, 2018 2:51 AM

I agree that any reboot should center on the Lord Children and their progeny. Send all the Buchanans back to Texas except Bo.

by Anonymousreply 505June 15, 2018 3:19 AM

As long as you leave BreeCheese and her mess of personalities out of it.

by Anonymousreply 506June 15, 2018 3:22 AM

Except that the Buchanans are all mixed in with the Lords now. Viki's kids are all Buchanans, either by blood or adoption, and so are Tina's. And you can't leave out the Cramer's because of Todd's children.

by Anonymousreply 507June 15, 2018 3:27 AM

Would like Sarah to be written like a young Tina and CJ like a ruthless Asa!

by Anonymousreply 508June 15, 2018 3:32 AM

Why did the botch the casting of Sarah (aka "Flash"). The Flash character was just silly and Sarah, returned as a blonde, seemed to have no purpose. This was the daughter of Tina and Cord, for goodness sake...the granddaughter of Victor Lord and Irene Manning and Clint Buchanan and Maria Roberts. What a waste!

by Anonymousreply 509June 15, 2018 11:06 PM

So the old bitch Strasser is leaving twitter, AGAIN. What a nutjob. She’ll be back sooner rather than later. Hope the addict gets the help she needs. She’s koo koo for sure.

by Anonymousreply 510June 15, 2018 11:10 PM

A better question would be why did they recast Sarah so many times and not once recast CJ?

by Anonymousreply 511June 16, 2018 12:30 AM

The sexiest soap scene I ever saw was on the OLTL online reboot. It was with TSJ already Victor Jr, I think that was his name when he stopped being Todd and Tea. He actually put his hands down the front of her panties while holding her with her back pressed tightly against him front. After that early on they stopped being daring except for throwing the word "shit" around every chance they got. It became ridiculous after a while, like a child trying to be wicked and only sounding foolish. I read they wanted to get the word "fuck" in but I don't know if they ever did. I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 512June 16, 2018 1:30 AM

Max/Gabs/Tina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 16, 2018 1:47 AM

R512 On the AMC Hulu reboot, Colby gave Pete a blowjob.

The fraus didn't like that too much, but seemed even more offended by the cursing on OLTL and AMC.

by Anonymousreply 514June 16, 2018 2:00 AM

Yeah, you're right R514, a few shits here and there and they went crazy, as if they and their crotch fruit never let a foul word pass their lips.

by Anonymousreply 515June 16, 2018 2:03 AM

R515 It wasn't the cursing per say it was that it was too much, to the point that it wasn't natural.

by Anonymousreply 516June 16, 2018 2:20 AM

I liked all of Bree's personalities but her character jumped the shark when she became "Wes."

by Anonymousreply 517June 16, 2018 3:12 AM

Ugh. She sucked at all of them. They threw so much at her, and it never worked. The worst was that fucking ridiculous SL when she thought she was a teen again.

by Anonymousreply 518June 16, 2018 3:20 AM

I wanted to see an adult sexy gay CJ scheming with his mother Tina. He was a Lord and a Buchanan. A shame they never developed him. Sarah was awful with every new actress. How could Tina Lord’s daughter be boring?!

Missed opportunities!!!

by Anonymousreply 519June 16, 2018 3:46 AM

R517, R518 .... I think they screwed up. If the writer's theory was that DID was congenital, then it would have made more sense for Natalie to be the one afflicted with it. She was the one left in the hands Roxy and Mitch Lawrence, and would have undergone far more trauma growing up in a sick religious cult. It also would have made her intense mood swings more understandable. I also thought Melissa Archer was a better actress than Williamson.

by Anonymousreply 520June 16, 2018 4:31 AM

I liked TSJ's Todd but I agree with R504. Part of what made Howarth so powerful in the part was that he was there for the crime. He always played the shame even when he was doing something awful. The minute someone brought up the rape he broke a little. St John could slap it down arrogantly even when playing that color and it didn't have the same effect. Because he was separated from it by recasting.

by Anonymousreply 521June 16, 2018 4:32 AM

Archer was a horrible actress and played a terrible forced character. At least Bree was beautiful and could cry despite her flaws.

by Anonymousreply 522June 16, 2018 4:34 AM

Go Vangie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 16, 2018 4:39 AM

R520 But, didn't they tie it in that Jessica's DID stemmed from when Vikki's alter left her in Llanfair when it was burning? So it wasn't so much congenital as , a familial cycle. Vikki's DID was caused by her father's abuse, and then her own DID caused Jessica's.

by Anonymousreply 524June 16, 2018 4:53 AM

Who did Slee care for? She was a fucking snob. An ugly, bloated 30year old woman who looked 45.

by Anonymousreply 525June 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Sleestack looked 75 when she was 25.

by Anonymousreply 526June 16, 2018 10:47 AM

Jessica had DID because Viki, as Niki, brought her to louche bars where men sexually abused her.

by Anonymousreply 527June 16, 2018 11:07 AM

Which was another complete rewrite and never happened.

by Anonymousreply 528June 16, 2018 12:58 PM

I still cannot believe they allowed that trash to happen where they essentially blamed Viki for Jessica getting abused.

They were so desperate to "change" the character to suit awful Bree Williamson, and no writer was ever creative enough to just write a complex Jessica rather than an alter.

But the worst crime is how it was played for laughs, especially under that hack Ron.

by Anonymousreply 529June 16, 2018 1:14 PM

Frank & Ron's OLTL became one huge parody of a soap. They brought out the worst in each other.

by Anonymousreply 530June 16, 2018 2:50 PM

By the end of OLTL's run the show was a cartoon. The characters had been destroyed and the majority of the show was newbies. For me having both Rex and David be long lost Buchanan's made it clear that this show was a parody of it's former self. They couldn't even get Andrea Evan's returns as Tina right. Dorian had become a joke. The only character I enjoyed was Clint's transformation into Asa.

by Anonymousreply 531June 16, 2018 3:52 PM

Andrea Evans' return as Tina would have been phenomenal if they had brought Fiona Hutchison back too.

by Anonymousreply 532June 16, 2018 6:09 PM

Gabrielle should have been revealed to be very much alive. Would have been amazing if Tina stumbled upon that fact. Always wished we got the Max/Gabrielle reunion we deserved. They wasted AE Tina on dealing with Tess and Natalie. She didn't even interact with Viki or Dorian. It was horrible. Tina was a ditz but she was cunning. They made her this bimbo that just wasn't age appropriate. Clearly Ron and Frank didn't get the Tina character. Always hated how Gabby got declawed too. These Frenemies should have driven storyline into the 90's!!!!

by Anonymousreply 533June 16, 2018 6:17 PM

r533, when Tina and Gabrielle were involved in some scheme together, it was essential viewing. I don't know why Ron and Frank didn't connect the dots.

by Anonymousreply 534June 16, 2018 7:25 PM

Even Tina and Gabrielle's offspring were treated like afterthoughts. Al really got a raw deal and we never got a CJ or Sarah worthy of Tina's legacy.

by Anonymousreply 535June 16, 2018 7:41 PM

I was annoyed by the one Tina AE comeback where she didn't even have a single interaction with Todd!

by Anonymousreply 536June 16, 2018 9:24 PM

The Andrea Evans appearances never made much sense. She was a historically pivotal character connected to major people on the canvas, but most of the time she was talking to her dog, "David Vickers" (who turned out to be a bitch). They never really gave her a good, rich soap opera story, albeit for an aging, manipulative vixen...more like they gave her schtick to do.

by Anonymousreply 537June 16, 2018 11:01 PM

OLTL started to become a cartoon mid 1998 when JFP took over and was literally a cartoon under Gary Tomlin. It never recovered.

by Anonymousreply 538June 16, 2018 11:14 PM

I must say I DID enjoy Tina interrupting the wedding!

"Am I too late??"

Lets give Andrea props for that great wig! She was going through breast cancer treatments.

by Anonymousreply 539June 16, 2018 11:15 PM

We should have had RH/Todd & AE/Tina scenes considering they were FULL SIBLINGS. Throw in Viki and the storyline would have written itself. The Lord siblings!!!

I did like the Cain/AE Tina dynamic. I think I prefered Tina with Cain over Cord.

by Anonymousreply 540June 16, 2018 11:17 PM

If the show had brought back Jane Alice Brandon as Cathy Craig - to challenge Vicki for Clint - it would still be on the air.

by Anonymousreply 541June 17, 2018 8:22 AM

The second AE return right before the end was MUCH better than that 2008 crap.

Everything with Frank/Ron's OLTL became so slapstick/wink-wink, which is a damn shame because it did start so promising.

by Anonymousreply 542June 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Jill Larson as Ursula - now that was entertaining. She and her wheelchair bound father who ultimately sided with a captive Tina was great. That was when Andrea Evans shifted from viper to damsel. Pretty much started with her on trial for Maria’s murder and the subsequent inprisonment. Those were great years.

by Anonymousreply 543June 17, 2018 9:12 PM

Andrea Evans = Horrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 544June 17, 2018 10:54 PM

^^ YES - but in the best possible way!

by Anonymousreply 545June 17, 2018 10:58 PM

Oh dear Sue @r544, not even insulting Andrea could make you look good.

by Anonymousreply 546June 17, 2018 11:40 PM

Absolutely agree with r542. I would dare say Tina got the happiest ending of all the OLTL characters.

by Anonymousreply 547June 19, 2018 2:51 AM

After all those years of break ups and disappointments, I think she deserved one, no?

by Anonymousreply 548June 19, 2018 2:48 PM

Why didn’t they let Strasser and Dorian stay till the end? The Viki/Dorian dynamic should have played out until the end. The rushed Clint/Viki reunion didn’t work for me.

I liked JVD as new Clint especially when he became a mini Asa. His Clint sparked with Lindsay and Kim a complete mess with Viki, Nora, and Dorian!!!

by Anonymousreply 549June 20, 2018 3:49 AM

Strasser was such a cunt. They couldn't wait to get rid of her. She had drug problems. She talked about it on twitter the other day. Nasty woman. Crazy as a loon.

by Anonymousreply 550June 20, 2018 4:12 AM

They could have just killed off Dorian she had became such a cartoon by the end. Why did they bother to bring Strasser back to the reboot?

by Anonymousreply 551June 21, 2018 2:51 AM

Robin Strasser asked to be written out so she could have time off for back surgery. Problem was, she hadn't gone to other doctors for second opinions when she made that request. So, Ron writes her out, and THEN she starts going for second opinions and learns there are alternatives to reduce her back pain that don't involve surgery.

So, she decides not to have the surgery and then wants to be written back in. Ron is busy wrapping up the show and preparing for the Prospect Park online version and doesn't write her back in.

Was that petty of him? Probably. This is Ron we're talking about, after all, so he's not above being petty. But he also went out of his way to give Dorian a nice send-off week of episodes.

Personally, I felt like Dorian had a proper send off five months before the show ended. I didn't especially miss her presence in those final weeks of show.

by Anonymousreply 552June 21, 2018 3:08 AM

r551, Dorian became a cartoon because that's how Ron writes. ALL of the characters became cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 553June 21, 2018 3:25 AM

This is all well and good-but has anyone in the history of the world known anyone named “Dorian”? Can we all agree never to use the word “Dorian” again? Even on an OLTL thread? Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 554June 21, 2018 4:14 AM

Drug addict loony Robin was not missed by FrankenRon. They couldn’t wait to be done with the bitch. Why do you think they’ve never contacted her since OLTL? They don’t want to deal with the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 555June 21, 2018 8:19 AM

Before I rewrote the scripts, the only dialog between my esteemed employer, myself and staircase cleanings went like: "Yes, Ma'am." " Yes, Ma'am." "Yes, Ma'am." "Yes, Ma'am." "Yes, Ma'am." "Yes, Ma'am..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 21, 2018 2:06 PM

Pat Mauceri is a cunt and I actually loved the idea of Carlotta thinking Cristian was gay. It made sense the way it was presented in the context of the Kish story. That was one thing Ron really got right.

by Anonymousreply 557June 22, 2018 4:37 AM

Did Fumero slip Frankie his big dick?

by Anonymousreply 558June 22, 2018 11:38 AM

Does Fumero have a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 559June 22, 2018 2:29 PM

Remember all the homoeroticism between Fumero and Jason Shane Scott?

by Anonymousreply 560June 22, 2018 2:33 PM

Yes! Also Carlo Hesser and Fumero...it was played like Christian was his sex slave or something...

by Anonymousreply 561June 22, 2018 2:41 PM

I didn't mind Cristian, but I always hated Antonio. UGH.

by Anonymousreply 562June 22, 2018 2:43 PM

Antonio was the worst. After Christian was the love of the Buchanan sisters lives he was sidelined. His romances with Blair,Evangeline,Sarah,and Layla were all after thoughts. Why didn’t they ever pair him with Adriana? Dorian would have lost her shit!!!

by Anonymousreply 563June 22, 2018 2:46 PM

r563

they were cousins if I remember correctly

by Anonymousreply 564June 22, 2018 2:55 PM

Does anyone remember when Ivan Kipling kidnapped Larry Wolek, kept him bound and gagged, then put a brain chip in him? Ivan used to be very solicitous of Larry - tons of homoerotic stuff there though it probably went over Storm's head.

by Anonymousreply 565June 22, 2018 2:56 PM

R540 RH/Todd and AE/Tina DID have scenes together, and with Viki, in the Irene Manning storyline. TstJ/Victor Jr left his (Todd’s) estate to Irene and Irene left hers to Tina. Tina and Todd fought over the estate.

R563, Antonio and Adriana were half-siblings, both children of Manuel Santi.

by Anonymousreply 566June 22, 2018 3:02 PM

r566

I don't remember Todd and Tina interacting in AE's returns either

by Anonymousreply 567June 22, 2018 3:09 PM

I mean, they did R567 There are several clips on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 568June 22, 2018 3:15 PM

I remember Tina not stealing all of Todd's fortune finally choosing love (Cord) over money. I would have watched the trio of Todd, Tina, and Viki all day long.

Antonio was a Santi but Christian wasn't. Christian/Adriana could have worked since IRL they are married. Anyone remeber Roseanna Delgado? She had hot chemistry with Antonio, Chris, and Will!!!

by Anonymousreply 569June 22, 2018 3:20 PM

For r567

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570June 22, 2018 3:30 PM

God forbid RC could write with a modicum of depth. Everything was so superficial.

by Anonymousreply 571June 22, 2018 3:34 PM

R565 I thought Days of Our Lives was the first soap to do a brain chop storyline, when Stefano Dimera implanted a brain chop in Vivian Alamain, played by former OLTL actress Louise Sorel?

by Anonymousreply 572June 22, 2018 3:52 PM

R572 it was totally campy. Ivan controlling Larry's thoughts - he would have Larry say the strangest things to his family/friends.

by Anonymousreply 573June 23, 2018 9:19 AM

It's too bad Frank couldn't see passed his own dick to use Michael Storm in the end.

by Anonymousreply 574June 23, 2018 11:53 AM

Frank didn't even bring back James Depavia for the end! He was such a huge part of OLTl history with all his "main leading ladies" back as angels. Even with enough time to make it amazing the OLTL final weeks and epiosdes weren't great.

by Anonymousreply 575June 25, 2018 6:22 PM

DePaiva is an asshole. He wasn’t missed. at all!

by Anonymousreply 576June 25, 2018 6:33 PM

So is Strasser and she managed to be apart of the show!!! Max was iconic.

by Anonymousreply 577June 25, 2018 6:55 PM

Frank seemed to find room for JdP at GH, so I don't think his OLTL absence had anything to do with being an "asshole".

by Anonymousreply 578June 25, 2018 10:39 PM

Rafe had the biggest in Llanview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579June 26, 2018 12:17 AM

R578 JDP should go to Days of Our Lives with his wife Kassie DePaiva

by Anonymousreply 580June 26, 2018 12:33 AM

I always knew Rafe was hung. Something about the way he carried himself. Which other actors on OLTL were hung?

by Anonymousreply 581June 26, 2018 1:17 AM

r581, really? as if anyone here would know that?

by Anonymousreply 582June 26, 2018 2:20 AM

You'd be surprised who is on DL.

by Anonymousreply 583June 26, 2018 3:49 AM

r575, Frank didn't even bother asking Michael Storm ( Larry Wolek) to return one last time for the final shows on ABC: and he started on the show in 1969! He was the closest thing the show had to an original cast member, and Frank never even asked him. Michael Storm himself said he might have been willing to do it if asked, but he was never asked.

Fuck Frank.

by Anonymousreply 584June 26, 2018 3:57 AM

Frank was too busy falling all over himself to get Judith Light back who couldn’t be bothered. I also read somewhere that they asked Anthony Call to return for Dorian’s final week but he declined as well.

by Anonymousreply 585June 26, 2018 4:26 AM

Judith and Tony both said no to Ron's god awful story ideas. Good for them!

by Anonymousreply 586June 26, 2018 11:56 AM

No one has had Tuc Watkins? Anyone? Vicker Man?

by Anonymousreply 587June 26, 2018 4:49 PM

I've had him, and he's spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 588June 26, 2018 4:53 PM

True story - they tried to find Gerald Anthony but no one knew he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 589June 26, 2018 8:44 PM

Very cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590June 27, 2018 1:45 PM

RSW's son - hot?...what sayeth the DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 27, 2018 2:01 PM

If OLTL ever got a reboot which families/characters/couples would you the focus????

by Anonymousreply 592June 27, 2018 6:34 PM

Woodsie's son looks too much like that skank Loyita to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 593June 27, 2018 6:43 PM

R592 The Saundra Santiago version of Carlotta with the hot fuckable sons. Dorian could have died and left her La Boulaie in her will, as a reward for all those countless hours spent hovering over the staircase railings, polishing. I know they aged the actress slightly when she took over the part, but she was really quite attractive and they could have easily given her softer and bouncier look if she continued.

by Anonymousreply 594June 28, 2018 2:48 PM

Who Killed Dorian could have been a good murder mystery. I vote Jean Randolph did it in the wine cellar with the letter opener.

by Anonymousreply 595June 28, 2018 10:22 PM

How about who killed Todd Manning? I'd love to see that rapist POS dead.

by Anonymousreply 596June 28, 2018 10:25 PM

Focusing the show on Todd was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 597June 28, 2018 10:26 PM

The next thread should be "Over the Iguazu Falls"

by Anonymousreply 598June 28, 2018 10:27 PM

here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 28, 2018 11:45 PM

Close out this thread diva style...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 29, 2018 1:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!