Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Moses Farrow Speaks, Media Ignores

Usually, when a stars child reveals Mommie Dearest type details of growing up, the press revels in every detail. But Moses Farrow’s accounting of life with lunatic Mia Farrow has been met with a vacuum of silence. Why isn’t the press giving the same editorial apace to Moses it gave to Dylan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 1, 2018 5:36 AM

In his earliest memories, “I was awoken in the middle of the night by Mia. I was in kindergarten. I slept in the girls’ room with [my adopted sisters] Lark and Daisy, on the lower bed of the bunk. Mia pulled me out of it. I was still half asleep as she repeatedly asked in a harsh tone if I had taken her pills. It wasn’t out of concern that I had swallowed any, but rather accusing me that I had stolen them from her. She took me to her bathroom. I was crying as she stood over me, scowling. I told her a dozen or so more times that I hadn’t taken them, but finally I said what she wanted to hear. I was forced to lie. However, simply telling her I took them didn’t suffice, and more questions ensued. I had to elaborate on the lie and tell her I had taken four or five pills because I thought they were Tic Tacs. She pulled me over to the sink and directed me to put her bar of soap in my mouth and then instructed me to wash out my mouth, telling me that lying is a bad thing to do. Once I dried my mouth she put me back to bed. The next day I searched for the missing pills and found them under the cabinet between the toilet and the bathtub; however, I never mentioned it to her out of fear of getting into more trouble. This was the first time I felt truly fearful of her, and it was the start of her instilling fear in me. It began the very long and impossible task of gaining her approval. I can recall numerous times that she let me know the burden was on me to gain her trust

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2018 9:57 AM

“The summer between first and second grades, she was having new wallpaper installed in the bedroom I slept in, across the hall from hers on the second floor of the house in Connecticut. She was getting me ready to go to sleep, and when she came over to my bed she found a tape measure. I didn’t even know what it was. She had a piercing look on her face that stopped me in my tracks. It was really scary. She asked if I had taken it. She used that familiar voice I had become attuned to as she explained she had been looking for it all day. I stood in front of her, frozen. She asked why it was on my bed. I told her I didn’t know, that perhaps the workman left it there. After a couple more demands for the answer she wanted, she slapped my face, knocking off my glasses. She told me I was lying. She directed me to tell my brothers and sisters that I had taken the tape measure. Through my crying and tears I listened to her as she explained that we would rehearse what should have happened. She told me that she would walk into the room and I would tell her I was sorry for taking the tape measure, that I had taken it to play with and that I would never do it again. We practiced at least a half dozen times. It became late, I was afraid and had cried myself out. Once she was satisfied, she took me to the rocking chair and rocked me. After a short while she brought me downstairs and made hot chocolate for me before putting me to bed. That was the start of her coaching, drilling, scripting, and rehearsing

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2018 9:58 AM

“Over the next few years, I continued to become more anxious and fearful. At that point, I had learned to fight, flee, or freeze. I often chose the latter two. For instance, as a young child, I was given a new pair of jeans. I thought they would look cool if I cut off a couple of the belt loops. When my mother found I had done this, she spanked me repeatedly—as was her way—and had me remove all my clothes saying, ‘You’re not deserving of any clothes.’ Then she had me stand naked in the corner of her room.”

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2018 9:59 AM

On at least one occasion, Moses fought back. “One summer day in the Connecticut house, Mia accused me of leaving the curtains closed in the TV room; they had been drawn the day before when Dylan and Satchel were watching a movie. She insisted that I had closed them and left them that way. Her friend had come over to visit and while they were in the kitchen, my mother insisted I had shut the curtains. At that point, I couldn’t take it anymore and I lost it. I yelled at her, ‘You’re lying!’ She shot me a look and took me into the bathroom next to the TV room. She hit me uncontrollably all over my body. She slapped me, pushed me back and hit me on my chest. She said, ‘How dare you say I’m a liar in front of my friend. You’re the pathological liar.’ I was defeated, deflated, and beaten down. Mia had stripped me of my voice and my sense of self. It was clear that if I stepped even slightly outside her carefully crafted reality, she would not tolerate it. Yet, I grew up fiercely loyal and obedient to her, even though I lived in extreme fear of her. Based on my own experience, it’s possible that Mia rehearsed with Dylan what she ended up recording on video. As she had done with me, it’s conceivable she set the stage, the mood, and scripted what was to take place.”

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2018 10:01 AM

You know you have a shitty mom when you refer to her using her real name. What a piece of work this bitch was/is. Thanks I was unaware of this side of her and it makes sense in the context. I still think Allen is a fucking perv, marrying the daughter of his ex, someone he met at 8 years old is the epitome of fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2018 10:51 AM

This jibes with what I've always believed -- Mia is batshit crazy; I assume she herself was molested as a child (her brother did time for child sex abuse). She probably terrorized Dylan into believing that molestation story (it would have been easy, the girl only seven or so at the time, wasn't she?).

Yes, Woody is skeevy as hell, BUT he's not stupid enough to molest his adopted daughter in a house that full of people that belongs to the girl's mother, a woman he's in the process of divorcing, and who hates him.

There's a reason why the Connecticut DA refused to prosecute Woody Allen after looking into that story and consulting child psychologists.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2018 11:11 AM

To me this is considerably worse than two consenting adults having a relationship regardless of the age they first met. This is living with a terrorist. These are way nor believable episodes of what life with Mia was like than any I'd heard before--she's a pill popping control freak like a lot of stressed out mothers with ideas of being perfectionists.

Something's gotta give.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2018 11:14 AM

And we’re never going to hear about Angelina Jolie’s heroin antics, either. The sainted madonnas.

I also wonder how she treated her bio kids versus her adopted kids.

Lastly, it cracks me up that he refers to Satchel by his real name, not his stage name.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2018 11:19 AM

Her mother was a friend of my family. She was mean.

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2018 11:28 AM

Mass adoption never works out like a fairytale.

The adoptees, coming from foreign orphanages, are going to have reactive attachment disorder at worse and emotional trauma at best.

It is hard to know what to believe. I think Mia may have twisted Ronan and Dylan against Woody. But surely Woody taking up with his children's teen sister was a sick and twisted thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2018 11:33 AM

Not sure what's going on with the crazed Woody defenders lately (I suspect they're actually trying to distract from Trump's bad week, since there's overlap between alt-right and Allen defenders) but they've started a ton of threads and are FFing/blocking anyone who disagrees with them.

Just a heads up to any real DLers that might pop into these threads.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2018 11:37 AM

Meant to say FF/banning, as in gaming the system to ban those who don't agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2018 11:39 AM

Because the media is team Mia OP.

by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2018 12:08 PM

Moses was a little awkward four-eyed boy who could serve as Woody's surrogate for her to use as a human scream pillow and punching bag.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2018 12:31 PM

R6 with all due respect, Woody and Mia may have been in the convoluted process of breaking up but they were never married.

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2018 12:56 PM

R11 the multiple Woody/Mia threads are started by Farrow fanatics trying brainwash the masses like she did her kids.

by Anonymousreply 16January 15, 2018 6:28 PM

R8 I know someone who has spent extensive time with Pitt and Jolie and multiple kids over a period of years. They are very involved with the kids and do a lot of the parenting (routine, functional stuff) despite having a lot of hired help. He had only nice things to say about them.

by Anonymousreply 17January 15, 2018 6:44 PM

Monica Thompson was a nanny in the Farrow household from 1986 to 1993. In a January 1993 affidavit to Woody’s lawyers reported by the Los Angeles Times, she said that around 1990 she saw Farrow slap Moses across the face because he could not find a dog’s leash. “The other children were horrified and told their mother that it could not have been Moses who lost the leash. Farrow told the children that it was not their place to comment on the incident. The children were scared of their mother and did not like to confide in her because they were afraid of what their reactions might be.”

by Anonymousreply 18January 15, 2018 9:32 PM

and Mia Farrow BEAT THE CRAP out of Soon-Yi with a phone.

by Anonymousreply 19January 15, 2018 9:37 PM

Any comment from Mia? Is she going to deny it? Will Dylan and Satchel deny it? Because if they do it would sort of be a bit hypocritical, right? #moses'truth

by Anonymousreply 20January 15, 2018 9:51 PM

R16 Both Mia and Satchel post on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 21January 15, 2018 9:52 PM

That's an interesting picture he's trying to paint with those various stories. A portrait of a woman who forced her kids to lie a bout a narrative she concocts? One would think he was hinting that she forced the kids to lie in such a horrifying manner that it could make them even have false memories!

by Anonymousreply 22January 15, 2018 10:37 PM

Moses is the cutest so I believe him

by Anonymousreply 23January 15, 2018 10:44 PM

he's cute. mia is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 24January 15, 2018 10:44 PM

Dylan says Moses is DEAD TO HER

Mia says about Moses " “Moses has cut off his entire family including his ex-wife who was pregnant when he left. It’s heartbreaking and bewildering that he would make this up, perhaps to please Woody. We all miss and love him very much.”

by Anonymousreply 25January 15, 2018 10:46 PM

r22, Moses crafted a narrative that fits what he (and Woody and Bob Weide and Eric Lax) want people to believe. What would be the point otherwise? Too bad his brothers and sisters describe life with Mia in the family home very differently.

Of course, there's a lot at stake if he curries enough favor with his father. Some of Woody's estate will go to Soon Yi, but the rest will go to Moses and the two daughters Woody adopted with Soon Yi. Assuming Moses keeps brown-nosing.

by Anonymousreply 26January 15, 2018 10:48 PM

Sorry, R26. You're an awful, terrible, person. We have to believe his truth.

#mosestruth

by Anonymousreply 27January 15, 2018 10:49 PM

Follow the money, r27. He's got a lot to lose.

by Anonymousreply 28January 15, 2018 10:51 PM

Sorry, #mosestruth! It has to be accepted!

by Anonymousreply 29January 15, 2018 10:52 PM

Bob Weide is such a great spokesman for people who aren’t nuts.

by Anonymousreply 30January 15, 2018 11:32 PM

It's common in large dysfunctional families to have one child as the scapegoat. Didn't one of her kids commit suicide in the last few years?

by Anonymousreply 31January 15, 2018 11:42 PM

moses go on the media and tell ur story more.

not fair that crazy mia gettin away with so much shit.

bless u!

by Anonymousreply 32January 15, 2018 11:46 PM

Moses should do a "Mommie Dearest" book

by Anonymousreply 33January 15, 2018 11:48 PM

[quote] I suspect they're actually trying to distract from Trump's bad week, since there's overlap between alt-right and Allen defenders

Wait, I thought the alt-right were all anti-semites? Looks like you are having trouble keeping your lies consistent.

by Anonymousreply 34January 16, 2018 12:10 AM

I can believe him.

Remember, Mia IS Irish-Catholic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 16, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote]Moses crafted a narrative that fits what he (and Woody and Bob Weide and Eric Lax) want people to believe. What would be the point otherwise? Too bad his brothers and sisters describe life with Mia in the family home very differently.

How do the other children describe their lives? Soon Yi said that Mia picked on the kids and put them in survival mode most of the time. And Lark and Daisy were caught shoplifting when they were teenagers, and Lark died of AIDS a few years ago. I once read that the biological children were favored. But very little is written about the family. That's probably normal since the kids aren't famous or pursuing fame, but I've always wondered how the kids feel about their upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 36January 16, 2018 2:27 AM

[quote]Remember, Mia IS Irish-Catholic.

Well, she did defend Polanski after all. And then there's the matter of her brother who was tried and convicted of what Woody was only accused of.

by Anonymousreply 37January 16, 2018 2:44 AM

One of Mia's brothers is in prison for child molestation (as already mentioned), her other brother was an angry alcoholic who committed suicide, her sister Prudence, a transcendental meditation and yoga teacher, had a 3-year affair with murderer Robert Durst (before he was a murderer). He was married and she was married, and she called his wife and asked her to give him up. (She and Mia seemed to like the married guys.) She now lives isolated in the Florida panhandle, without even a mailbox.

What the hell went on in Mia's family growing up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 16, 2018 3:03 AM

If Allen adopted him- why isn't he Moses Allen?

by Anonymousreply 39January 16, 2018 3:05 AM

Moses should write a book. Since Mia and two of her other children are keeping this story publicly alive (which I understand), if Moses really has serious contradictions to it and he's a serious person, I would think a publisher would be interested in publishing his story. It would be an interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 40January 16, 2018 3:06 AM

R36 I wouldn’t say the biological kids were favored as Dylan is adopted, I’d say the white kids were favored.

by Anonymousreply 41January 16, 2018 3:26 AM

I've yet to hear anyone speak as highly of Mia as I tend to think she deserves for the life of service she's lead. Why is that? Yes, people in general believe her versus Woody, but I don't hear or read anyone actually admiring her humanitarian work, let alone the fact that she adopted special-needs children and gave them a loving home and educational opportunities. I doubt she's looking for admiration, but she is a rare type of actor, and it's perplexing that she isn't well-loved by the general public.

by Anonymousreply 42January 16, 2018 3:50 AM

Because others have done more than she have, R42.

by Anonymousreply 43January 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Has, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 44January 16, 2018 4:00 AM

Reading these Farrow/Allen threads just proves to me that most people have already made up their minds, but there is really a lot of conflicting information. In my case, I'll preface by saying that I'm very much a liberal, but I think Woody and Mia were (are) both self-involved people who thought they could flout every kind of convention. Back when they were still together, the 'cute' stories about them looking for each other with binoculars across Central Park somehow always irked me. I think they're both jerks.

I don't like Mia and Dylan trying to insert themselves into the #MeToo movement, either. First Mia, now Dylan have been beating this dead horse for 25 years now. Trying to publicly shame actors simply for working for an acclaimed director is really shady behavior. I don't know what actually happened, and those actors don't either. I know that Woody dating and then marrying Soon-Yi was very inappropriate. But Mia's behavior has also been extremely inappropriate. She attacked Soon-Yi as 'the other woman', but then she hints in an interview that she was still sleeping with Frank Sinatra (while Sinatra's widow was still alive) but let Woody think the son she bore was his.

We hear stories on the news every day of children being abused or even killed by their mothers' boyfriends. And, since the women are generally lower class, we look down on them (as we should, although I sometimes feel some pity). But remember, Mia was the one who brought Woody into her children's lives. If he's an abuser, she's the one how brought the abuser into her household. Let that sink in for a minute.

The kids are the victims: if Woody and/or Mia are victims, it's of their own hubris, entitlement and poor choices. Fuck them both!

by Anonymousreply 45January 16, 2018 4:10 AM

[quote]Didn't one of her kids commit suicide in the last few years?

I believe it was Thaddeus. Another child of Mia's, Lark Previn, apparently died of AIDS. Three of Mia's adopted children have died, Another, Moses, has called out "Mia Dearest", and the once "mentally retarded" Soon Yi has managed to earn an advanced degree once she escaped Farrow's "care".....Hmmmmm.

Apparently being a child of Mia Farrow leaves one statistically likely to die young, or sexually abused, at least according to Mia and her media darling son Ronan Farrow, who seems himself damaged.

by Anonymousreply 46January 16, 2018 5:08 AM

wow big surprise women gray this thread out...cause it is contrary to their derly held narrative. THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT YOU FRAU HAGS.

by Anonymousreply 47January 16, 2018 5:21 AM

moses plz go on jimmy kimmel and tell ur shit!

the world needs to know what a psycho mia is !!!!

enuf!

by Anonymousreply 48January 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Has Mia expressed remorse and shame for appearing in "Rosemary's Baby" directed by that rapist Polanski? Has she donated her salary from it to the #metoo movement? If not, she's a huge HYPOCRITE!!

by Anonymousreply 49January 16, 2018 5:49 AM

[quote]R9 Her mother was a friend of my family. She was mean.

Mia Farrow's mother....Maureen O'Sullivan?

by Anonymousreply 50January 16, 2018 6:03 AM

The medias chose Mia's version of the story cause she appears like a Saint (see La Jolie too) and Woody is a perv who loves stories about young women falling for old men.

I believe Mia is batshit crazy and Satchel and Dylan are not better, how could they be with a mother like Mia?

I also believe that Woody is a perv but not a pedo. There was a fucking investigation at the time. Yes, his attachment to Dylan was weird. No, it was not sexual.

We're at a time where it's not politically correct to doubt a "victim" or saying that a "victim" is lying, even if in Dylan's case she certainly believes her lies. Better to hate your estrange father than your crazy mother.

I don't cry for Woody cause he's old, pervy and his career over anyway.

by Anonymousreply 51January 16, 2018 6:45 AM

It's just absurd for Mia and Dylan and Moses to still be doing weekly interviews. He's 80, he'll very likely be dead in a few years.

MOVE THE FUCK ON.

I don't know if he did it (both parents seem nuts) but Mia and her kids seem to be perpetually in 1992. What a way to live.

by Anonymousreply 52January 16, 2018 7:31 AM

[quote]Both Mia and Satchel post on the DL.

The gossip newbies who fantasize about the celebs themselves posting on our threads are tiresome.

In the thread about this that was posted approx 5 weeks ago and later deleted, I posted a link to an NYT article and was accused of being Mia.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and relax.

by Anonymousreply 53January 16, 2018 7:35 AM

[quote The medias chose Mia's version of the story

They didn't. In the 1990s she was trashed constantly, and all the current defenses of Woody, the "scorned old woman dumped for hot tang" stuff, come straight from him. The lies about her calling Soon-Yi "retarded" are from him, too, written in a press release.

[quote]I believe Mia is batshit crazy and Satchel and Dylan are not better, how could they be with a mother like Mia?

Ronan was having to see a child therapist before all this happened, because his father was ignoring him while being obsessed with Dylan.

As all that was already going on, as two of Woody's kids (one bio, one adopted) were being negatively affected by his actions, he starts fucking another family member, their teen adopted sister.

I mean, I just can't figure out why you think that's so laudable that you would start multiple threads on DL about it to try and convince people that Mia is the real monster. What's your obsession with this? How do the facts of this case lead you to try to defend Allen?

[quote]There was a fucking investigation at the time.

The prosecutor publicly stated they had enough evidence to pursue a case against Allen. But I'm sure Mia brainwashed blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 54January 16, 2018 7:44 AM

[quote]What the hell went on in Mia's family growing up?

OMG! I remember in my very early days here on DL posting a thread saying how unhappy they all (the Farrow kids) look in their childhood photographs and posted links.

"What happened?" you inquire.

I WAS SHOUTED DOWN. That's what happened.

SHOUTED. DOWN.

I will do it again.

Do these children look happy? YOU decide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 16, 2018 7:45 AM

I know r49 is joking but no one knew about Polanski until the 1970s, right?

She also didn't defend Polanski on rape charges as people keep claiming. She did a Criterion Collection commentary about Rosemary's Baby a few years ago where she said he was a great director (which I know most Woody defenders would agree with her on). She also was a witness in his case against Vanity Fair about what happened at a lunch in 1969 or so. Neither has anything to do with Allen or Dylan or anything of the sort.

by Anonymousreply 56January 16, 2018 7:48 AM

More gloom.

Look at Mia (on the left).

OMG!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2018 7:48 AM

R54 It's the prosecutor job to say this kind of things but finally they didn't go further cause they knew they coudn't win (not for Dylan's wellbeing, this joke...).

I've read all the reports made at the time.

Satchel rejected his father but not cause his father didn't care of him, on the contrary.

I've also read the rapport saying that Woody's attachment to Dylan was unhealthy but not sexual.

And 2018 is not 1992, medias change in their position.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2018 7:49 AM

Calm down, r55. Your manhood wasn't challenges just because people disagreed with you in ALL CAPS.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2018 7:50 AM

Mia as a child.

Happy looking? YOU decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 16, 2018 7:52 AM

Law & Order SVU got this story right. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 61January 16, 2018 7:53 AM

She got a lot of accolades when younger, r42, and Andre Previn speaks highly of her. She did a lot for Darfur about 6-7 years ago, which of course lead to 1000 threads on DL about what a cunt she is.

by Anonymousreply 62January 16, 2018 7:54 AM

Mia's brother.

Happy looking?

YOU decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 16, 2018 7:55 AM

Mia grew up with and remained close friends with Liza. So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 64January 16, 2018 7:57 AM

[quote] What the hell went on in Mia's family growing up?

A therapist once said Mia didn't understand the seriousness of what Allen was doing, to the point of asking in the middle of the trial if she should marry Allen. It took her a minute to realize how crazy that sounded.

And we also know it was the pediatrician who reported the abuse, not Mia. I think she was abused herself and had no concept of appropriate behavior until authorities got involved.

by Anonymousreply 65January 16, 2018 7:58 AM

The nanny, who wrote the book, said nothing about beatings or abuse from Mia.

by Anonymousreply 66January 16, 2018 7:59 AM

[quote]She got a lot of accolades when younger, [R42], and Andre Previn speaks highly of her. She did a lot for Darfur about 6-7 years ago, which of course lead to 1000 threads on DL about what a cunt she is.

Gurl, up until now - most of DL has been VERY PRO-Mia. VERY. Apart from the loony who posted the "she beat Soon-Yi with the telephone" troll.

by Anonymousreply 67January 16, 2018 8:03 AM

R65 She sounded crazy cause she is crazy.

If the pediatrician reported it it's cause Mia spoke about it not cause there was anything wrong with Dylan. If a mother says this kind of things, the pediatrician is obliged to report it.

It's fairly common for parents to claim sexual abuse during bad separation. It's a way to get revenge or to blackmail the other parent to stay with them. Ask any lawyer.

After reading all the reports at the time, not Satchel's today version, I believe that Mia wanted to keep Woody and used Dylan to blackmail him, so the "should I marry him". Mia understood everything, she's just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 68January 16, 2018 8:04 AM

R67 And everyone also said how unstable and mentally fragile she is, since the very beginning.

Having the Mother Teresa syndrom doesn't make her reliable.

by Anonymousreply 69January 16, 2018 8:06 AM

r60

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 16, 2018 8:25 AM

[quote]The gossip newbies who fantasize about the celebs themselves posting on our threads are tiresome. In the thread about this that was posted approx 5 weeks ago and later deleted, I posted a link to an NYT article and was accused of being Mia. Maybe you should take a deep breath and relax.

Mia, YOU are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 71January 16, 2018 1:43 PM

So did Mia continue a friendship with Polanski or not over the years? Did she continue a relationship with her brother?

by Anonymousreply 72January 16, 2018 1:46 PM

Moses' twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 16, 2018 6:38 PM

#TEAMMOSES

Fuck Mia. She should rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 74January 16, 2018 7:27 PM

[quote]... it's perplexing that she isn't well-loved by the general public.

Because the general public have a mistrust of people who do "so much for charity!", and you can smell the insanity across the Atlantic.

by Anonymousreply 75January 16, 2018 7:28 PM

[quote]As I'm facing the lingering psychological and emotional effects of child abuse, I'm sadly reminded of the painful memories of my 3 dead siblings, last of whom shot himself just the next town over from where our mother lives. Futures that will never be lived.

She had a kid who shot himself? Which one?

by Anonymousreply 76January 16, 2018 8:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 16, 2018 8:11 PM

Farrow, now 71, truly scoured the globe in her search for suffering, comparing herself to being 'in a lifeboat pulling in all these people in the world in pain and distress'.

No, she’s not narcissistic at all!

by Anonymousreply 78January 16, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]Gurl, up until now - most of DL has been VERY PRO-Mia. VERY

Yeah, "gurl," you said that before. You're wrong. These threads have been anti Mia forever.

Here's one from 2014:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 16, 2018 8:13 PM

R79, if Moses is telling the truth they most certainly should be. She sounds like a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 80January 16, 2018 8:18 PM

The majority of Woody-Mia threads have been created by Farrow fanatics

by Anonymousreply 81January 16, 2018 8:18 PM

And here's one from 2013 that starts out "team Mia" but quickly changes to the usual anti Mia rants.

Interesting how the exact same things posted in 2013 are being posted now. Obsessed Woody fans, I guess? This stuff is almost word-for-word.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2018 8:19 PM

The way Mia verbally and physically abused Moses into admitting fault about things he was innocent of is no doubt how she got Dylan to “speak her truth”

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2018 8:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 16, 2018 8:22 PM

Peobably no to Polanski, r72 -- when she was called as a witness about that lunch they had together in 1969 or whatever, she didn't even fly to the UK for the trial, apparently, but just did a video link. And she's never with him when doing DVD commentaries, but she is complimentary about his direction

No idea about the brother but I thought I read he was estranged from the family.

by Anonymousreply 85January 16, 2018 8:22 PM

R82 that link clearly was started by a fan just because comments that are anti Mia start being made doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of these threads are started by Mia and acolytes. Please try to comprehend the difference dear.

by Anonymousreply 86January 16, 2018 8:23 PM

R71, are you the one who insisted Mia really does post here? Come on, man. Pull yourself together.

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Mia at R87 please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2018 8:42 PM

At least when Woody dies in about 5 years, this bullshit can end.

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote]Peobably no to Polanski, [R72]

The fact that he lives in Paris and hasn't been to the USA since 1977 may have something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 90January 16, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote] are you the one who insisted Mia really does post here? Come on, man. Pull yourself together.

R87 "man" pull YOURSELF together.

by Anonymousreply 91January 16, 2018 8:54 PM

You do you, Alec Baldwin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 16, 2018 9:25 PM

I think it’s time to re-read the 1993 report from the State of Connecticut and Yale New Haven Hospital regarding Woody Allen and charges that he may have molested his adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow.

The report concluded that Dylan Farrow was not sexually abused by Woody Allen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 17, 2018 12:06 AM

But Woody paid them off, R93!

by Anonymousreply 94January 17, 2018 12:10 AM

Mia flew into a rage when the report was released. She was horrified to learn her daughter was NOT molested.

by Anonymousreply 95January 17, 2018 12:17 AM

[quote]And we’re never going to hear about Angelina Jolie’s heroin antics, either. The sainted madonnas.

You probably won't, because each of the kids has their own nanny and Angelina rarely interacts without the nannies hovering close by. My friend nannies for a pro skateboarder's kid and they visited Angelina and her brood a few months ago. Angie sent Friend and her charge to a seperate area of the pool with the other nannies and kids while the adult guests fawned all over their hostess.

Misc. tidbits: Angelina said "Call me Angie" to her guests but barely noticed my friend, as she was mere hired help. They live on a 4 acre spread outside of LA. Brad was never mentioned by Angie or any of the kids, although rumors at the time were that they were getting back together.

by Anonymousreply 96January 17, 2018 4:00 AM

So many people here obsessed with Mia Farrow. Or is it just the same person posting repeatedly?

by Anonymousreply 97January 17, 2018 4:07 AM

Actually, she's extremely interesting.

She's fascinating, in fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 17, 2018 9:59 AM

What happened to the Dylan thread from earlier? Why did the thread get closed?

by Anonymousreply 99January 17, 2018 11:23 PM

What thread?

by Anonymousreply 100January 17, 2018 11:52 PM

With WA apparently shooting blanks, it does raise questions about how Mia got Sinatra sperm to beget Ronan. Did she intentionally get pregnant to trap WA? Did she choose Sinatra because their mutual resemblance could explain why Ronan/Satchel bore so little a likeness to Woody?

by Anonymousreply 101January 18, 2018 9:32 AM

Dylan’s therapist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 18, 2018 9:47 AM

Mia pleads with people to lie for her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 18, 2018 9:49 AM

The true child abuser Mia Farrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 18, 2018 11:01 AM

Have Mia's other bio sons ever commented on that whole Woody/Soon-Yi/Mia/Dylan/ molestation circus?

by Anonymousreply 105January 18, 2018 11:40 AM

You mean the bio sons besides Satchel/ Seamus/ Ronan?

I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 106January 18, 2018 12:05 PM

r6 He's not? He was stupid enough to take nude Polaroids of his girlfriend's underage adopted daughter and start an affair with her, and then marry her so his ass wouldn't go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 107January 18, 2018 12:22 PM

[quote]He's not? He was stupid enough to take nude Polaroids of his girlfriend's underage adopted daughter and start an affair with her, and then marry her so his ass wouldn't go to jail.

Don't most accounts have it that he intentionally took those photos of Soon-Yi and left them for Mia to find because he's a vindictive little fucker?

And why do you insist on keeping up with the lie that Soon-Yi was underrage? She wasn't.

And the second part about marrying her so he wouldn't go to jail makes no sense either way.

by Anonymousreply 108January 18, 2018 3:46 PM

Funny how everyone believes this but insists that Dylan must be lying. So funny.

by Anonymousreply 109January 18, 2018 3:49 PM

Remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 18, 2018 7:14 PM

Can’t go to mom?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 18, 2018 7:16 PM

R110 so we know Mia Googles herself. That's probably how she found the DL!

by Anonymousreply 112January 18, 2018 10:16 PM

Carole Bayer Sager says in her book that she has her name on google alert.

I'm sure many famous people do - especially marginally famous.

Hi, Carole.

Love ya.

by Anonymousreply 113January 18, 2018 11:45 PM

So i can’t post on the Soon Yi thread, did I get blocked? I can still read it.

by Anonymousreply 114January 19, 2018 12:57 AM

Even Woody's defenders abstain from calling Dylan a liar. They all believe she's telling what she believes to be true. It just doesn't mean it's a true depiction of what really went on - or didn't, in this case.

by Anonymousreply 115January 19, 2018 2:25 AM

[quote]Even Woody's defenders abstain from calling Dylan a liar.

They reserve that for Mia!

by Anonymousreply 116January 19, 2018 2:27 AM

Woody Allen was a grown man who required sessions with a therapist to deal with his obsession with his little daughter, Dylan. Why doesn't Moses talk about that?

by Anonymousreply 117January 19, 2018 2:34 AM

Dylan went for a walk in the woods with Gayle King this morning. You know something happened there. Woody and Mia's kids are all weird. Quite dumb and a bit alien. I think Mia was batshit and Woody was mostly uninterested in children. His attention must have felt threatening but I have no doubt that Mia made it all up out of a knife in your valentine kind of jealous rage. Claiming sexual abuse in child custody cases was very in style and Mia used to be a terrible snob. She was always on the cutting edge of blue stocking serious nonsense. She's like a sober Edie Sedgwick.

by Anonymousreply 118January 19, 2018 2:35 AM

But he was very interested in little Dylan, R118. He needed the help of a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 119January 19, 2018 2:42 AM

Being a clingy parent may warrant advice but it doesn't make you an abuser.

by Anonymousreply 120January 19, 2018 2:45 AM

Unlike Weinstein, Spacey, Louis C.K. , and especially Polanski and Bill Cosby, Woody has only one accuser in regards to one incident that took place over 20 years ago. Not a single other person has stepped forward to tell a tale on Woody. All the others have multiple accusers over long periods of time, with common details.

Say what you will about Woody and Soon-yi, but they've been happily married for over 20 years and we haven't heard a single word of controversy. Yet Mia's children are coming out with stories of abuse, and stories of Mia's questionable behavior and sociopathic tendencies continue to be told. And Mia herself claiming to Vanity Fair that Ronan's biological father could be Frank Sinatra. Even sisters Nancy and Tina, who stayed good friends with Mia, treated Ronan as a sibling.

There's just too much going against Mia's credibility, and mostly because of Mia herself.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2018 2:46 AM

So is Moses lying about the abuse he says Mia inflicted on him and the psychological terror she put him under?

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2018 2:48 AM

How was Woody able to adopt twice more with these allegations? Aren't they supposed to do some sort of screening???

by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2018 2:49 AM

I think it was a private adoption, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2018 2:50 AM

That's his truth, R122. We have to listen to him, too. But that doesn't cancel out Dylan's truth.

by Anonymousreply 125January 19, 2018 2:51 AM

R120 but if you are "clingy" parent then why would you not be clingy with your other kids, too?

by Anonymousreply 126January 19, 2018 2:53 AM

Did his mother or siblings deny his accounts?

by Anonymousreply 127January 19, 2018 2:53 AM

R118, he was mostly not interested in children but for some he made an exception:

Dear Nancy,

Hard to believe you’re 13! When I was 13 I couldn’t dress myself, and here you write about one of life’s deepest philosophical problems, i.e., existential boredom. I guess it’s hard for me to imagine a 13-year-old quoting anything but Batman – but T. Mann? Anyway, there’s too much wrong with the world to ever get too relaxed and happy. The more natural state, and the better one, I think, is one of some anxiety and tension over man's plight in this mysterious universe …

Next time you write, if you ever do, please list some of the books you’ve enjoyed and movies, and which music you’ve liked, and also the things you dislike and have no patience with. And tell me what kind of place Coral Gables is. What school do you go to? What hobbies do you have? How old are your parents and what do they do? What are your moods like? Are you energetic? Are you an early riser? Are you “into clothes” … At the moment, I am re- filming some parts of my next film, which have not come out so good.

Best, Woody.

by Anonymousreply 128January 19, 2018 2:54 AM

I understand that writers are observant and probably curious by nature, but I've never known a grown man, no matter how creative, who would be actually interested in talking to a 13-year-old girl, let along wanting to know if she's an early riser and what her moods are like.

This reminds me of that story about Michael Jackson where he used to call that young kid on the phone at his parents' house every night.

Pedophile 101, I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 129January 19, 2018 3:11 AM

* alone (not along)

by Anonymousreply 130January 19, 2018 3:12 AM

Don't pedos usually have a specific age range they like? Do they normally flit from ages 7 to 13 to 17, etc?

by Anonymousreply 131January 19, 2018 3:13 AM

r21 is spot-on btw.

by Anonymousreply 132January 19, 2018 3:14 AM

R131, some don't. Like Jared Fogle. Some go for both sexes. Some like to take years to groom the kid until the kid gets to the right age.

by Anonymousreply 133January 19, 2018 3:16 AM

Did Mia's brother molest both boys and girls?

by Anonymousreply 134January 19, 2018 3:18 AM

He got with boys. If he did molest any girls we haven’t heard about it.

by Anonymousreply 135January 19, 2018 3:20 AM

I think where Moses makes mistakes is his certainty about events he may know nothing about. He could speak out about his childhood and then draw conclusions about Mia and her possible motivations, but to come right out and say that of course Woody didn't do anything inappropriate with Dylan sounds arrogant and too much like he's parroting Woody.

by Anonymousreply 136January 19, 2018 3:25 AM

Moses' story sounds credible. Mia sounds "off" in this part of an L.A. Times story from 1993 where Mia testified that one of her ex-husbands threatened to break Woody's legs:

"After she learned that Allen was having an affair with Soon-Yi Farrow Previn, the 22-year-old daughter she adopted with Previn, the actress said that in her struggle to maintain her "moral roots" she read "The Trojan Women" by Euripides, identifying with Hecuba, who puts out the eyes of King Polymestor of Thrace.

Farrow's lawyer, Eleanor Alter, asked if she saw Allen as the blinded king and if it was a threat.

"No, definitely not," Farrow replied. "He (Allen) would have had bodyguards--hundreds of them--if I had really threatened him."

Further down in the article it sounds like she had accused Woody of being a homosexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 19, 2018 4:05 AM

[quote]she had accused Woody of being a homosexual.

Like it was wrong? And then little Satchel grows up to be... um... not gay.

by Anonymousreply 138January 19, 2018 4:17 AM

Mia has certainly faced so much tragedy.

She apparently almost died in childhood. Her sister Prudence dated a man who would ultimately be accused of being a murderer. One of her brothers died in a plane crash. Another brother committed suicide. Another brother is a convicted pedophile. Three of her kids have tragically died. One of her kids has an affair with her boyfriend. Another kid was allegedly abused by her father. Another kid has cut off all ties with her. Another kid is scrounging for money on Gofundme.

How does she deal with all of this?

by Anonymousreply 139January 19, 2018 4:20 AM

She tweets, R139. All day long.

by Anonymousreply 140January 19, 2018 4:43 AM

The thing that is creepy about Woody Allen is he has this near life-long trend or costarring himself romantically with MUCH MUCH younger women. It just doesn't look good. It may not be illegal...but it's also very pervy and off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 19, 2018 5:08 AM

"Accussed him of being a homosexual", haha I think Woody may be one of the few really straight men working in hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 142January 19, 2018 5:49 AM

Maybe Mia was throwing everything at the wall to see what would stick, R142.

by Anonymousreply 143January 19, 2018 5:50 AM

Yeah, Mia behaved like the proverbial woman scorned.

by Anonymousreply 144January 19, 2018 9:15 AM

R144 No one's turning people against Mia Farrow. She's been a popular star since PEYTON PLACE in the 1960s, and has made probably one bad film in her life. She's kept an extremely low profile forever, and aside from a messy break-up where her partner seduced her teenage daughter, people associate her with dignity, class and philanthropy.

She's fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 19, 2018 9:23 AM

Shut up, Satchel

by Anonymousreply 146January 19, 2018 9:30 AM

Just a realist...

by Anonymousreply 147January 19, 2018 9:32 AM

Truthfully, no one knows who Mia Farrow is. She is not a well known actress. Were it not for Allen she wouldn't have made a film in 40 years. If you aren't a Woody Allen fan and most people aren't then Mia Farrow is the cute affected girl in Rosemary's Baby.

by Anonymousreply 148January 19, 2018 9:32 AM

I mean, Woody Allen himself speaks highly of her. He's stated she's a wonderful, versatile actress and a devoted mother. (It would have brought down even more scrutiny on him if he said otherwise...)

by Anonymousreply 149January 19, 2018 9:35 AM

[quote]She's kept an extremely low profile forever, and aside from a messy break-up where her partner seduced her teenage daughter, people associate her with dignity, class and philanthropy. She's fine.

I don't call a woman in her 70s constantly tweeting and Instagramming her private life, past and present, reflects all those qualities you project onto her.

Nor was her very indiscreet autobiography.

NOR was posting THIS a few weeks ago, 25 years after the event

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2018 9:39 AM

[quote]Woody gave her the best roles and biggest challenges. She was HIS muse.

and she rose to the challenge, again and again - with 5 STARS.

she WASN'T just the girlfriend who got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2018 9:41 AM

[quote]She's been a popular star since PEYTON PLACE in the 1960s, and has made probably one bad film in her life.

Hurricane, Avalanche, or The Great Gatsby?

by Anonymousreply 152January 19, 2018 9:43 AM

[quote]R149 Mia Farrow is the cute affected girl in Rosemary's Baby.

That and THE GREAT GATSBY were two of the biggest films of her generation. Had she not worked exclusively for Mr. Allen (which is how he wanted it) other projects would have come her way.

She was very well respected, and had a solid fan base. She was the first star featured on the ciover of PEOPLE magazine, for god's sake.

I don't think you have a very firm grasp of film history. If anything, Woody Allen dragged down her career.Aren't THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO and HANNAH AND HER SISTERS the only ones that made real money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 19, 2018 9:44 AM

She spent the 1970s in England - where there were very few interesting movies being made (see pic) and she refused to travel, as she wanted to be with her children.

If she'd been in the USA then, (lucky for Jill Clayburgh, she wasn't), God knows what would have gone down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 19, 2018 9:48 AM

more from her 1970s portfolio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 19, 2018 9:52 AM

Mia - you in danger, gurl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156January 19, 2018 9:52 AM

R154 Yes, she was doing Chekhov and Shakespeare on stage in England, at that point.

by Anonymousreply 157January 19, 2018 9:56 AM

Don't get bitchy with me Ronan. Most of Woody Allen's movies don't make money, I am quite aware. Mia was doing television long before she met him. She was lucky to get cast in the ensemble of Death on The Nile where she was not surprisingly annoyingly and cloyingly neurotic. She never played comedy or darker drama or much interesting (other than Rosemary) before she met Allen. She did not only work in his films at his insistence, that is a flat out lie.

When I look at Mia as a young woman she doesn't look like someone anyone said no to. Her history with men and some rather capricious career choices bare that out.

Post Woody, she looks like some crazy lady in a Munchausen by Proxy documentary. The old lady with the young girl curly hair, granny glasses, crazy eyes and the cat pee all over her sweater. At first glance she appears wispy and sweet but she's secretly carnal and madly jealous and she loves the attention she gets from hanging round a lot of sick children. She's an hysteric with unnatural relationships.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158January 19, 2018 9:58 AM

[quote][R154] Yes, she was doing Chekhov and Shakespeare on stage in England, at that point.

& Peter Pan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 19, 2018 10:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 19, 2018 10:03 AM

Whatever, Heather.

Good luck trying to rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 161January 19, 2018 10:03 AM

[quote]R158 Mia was doing television long before she met him.

Yeah, in about the biggest hit show of that decade! It was so popular it aired 2 nights a week.

by Anonymousreply 162January 19, 2018 10:07 AM

Take it somewhere else, Soon Pee

by Anonymousreply 163January 19, 2018 10:08 AM

[quote]That and THE GREAT GATSBY were two of the biggest films of her generation

The Great Gatsby one of the biggest films of Mia's generation?! Get the fuck out, you cretin.

Here are some films associated with the cast and crew of The Great Gatsby, for reference: NASHVILLE, EASY RIDER, THE WAY WE WERE, COMING HOME, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN, and, oh yeah, THE FUCKING GODFATHER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164January 19, 2018 10:08 AM

[quote]Now, if Robert Redford is inadequate as Gatsby (looking on the bright side, Warren Beatty would have been much, much worse), that's nothing compared to wasting Karen Black in a poorly directed performance and the horrible miscasting of Bruce Dern as Tom Buchanan and Sam Waterston as a sleepy, very gay Nick Carraway – much like in Baz Luhrmann's version, in the Coppola-Clayton 1974 film Nick is head-over-heels in love with Gatsby.

[quote]But worst of all is Mia Farrow as Daisy Buchanan. Farrow can be a highly effective actress – e.g., Rosemary's Baby, Blind Terror, The Purple Rose of Cairo and other collaborations with Woody Allen – but her flighty, high-pitch-voiced Daisy Buchanan is one of the most misguided and most irritating movie characterizations on record. (Susan Sarandon, at the time in her late 20s, would have been an excellent Daisy.)

by Anonymousreply 165January 19, 2018 10:11 AM

[italic] The Great Gatsby [/italic] was a huge hit. The only people who saw it were...EVERYONE.

by Anonymousreply 166January 19, 2018 10:12 AM

The Great Gatsby was a critical failure that was in no way one of the most iconic films of Mia's generation, anymore than Leo's film is one of the most iconic films of his. It doesn't even stand up to the likes of Love Story.

by Anonymousreply 167January 19, 2018 10:25 AM

R167 I didn't say it was one of the most critically lauded films of her generalion...I said it was one of the biggest. It made a fortune (just like LOVE STORY did, which also wasn't exactly critically hailed. Most saw it as soap opera pap.)

Learn to read.

Now go back to slobbing Woody's withered knob.

by Anonymousreply 168January 19, 2018 10:32 AM

[quote]Don't get bitchy with me Ronan.

Are you the crazy person who thinks Mia and Ronan really post here?

[quote]She never played comedy or darker drama or much interesting (other than Rosemary) before she met Allen.

As mentioned already, Peyton Place was huge and she was a big star from that; it's what got her launched into movies. Great Gatsby wasn't a great film but it did big box office. A Wedding was a huge deal for her, a crazy stand-out role (the nude bride!) in an Altman film at the height of his career. And all those B-movie British horror flicks like Secret Ceremony and Haunting of Julia were moneymakers, if not prestigious roles.

[quote] She did not only work in his films at his insistence, that is a flat out lie.

He wrote many scripts with her in mind as the leading lady. A couple of good books on this are Woody Allen on Woody Allen: In Conversation with Stig Björkman and Reconstructing Woody: Art, Love, and Life in the Films of Woody Allen. Any good article about Woody will mention he wrote his movies with girlfriends in mind.

[quote]Her history with men and some rather capricious career choices bare that out.

This is pathetic. "She looks like a hoor!!!" is not a legitimate argument.

[quote]Post Woody, she looks like some crazy lady in a Munchausen by Proxy documentary. The old lady with the young girl curly hair, granny glasses, crazy eyes and the cat pee all over her sweater. At first glance she appears wispy and sweet but she's secretly carnal and madly jealous and she loves the attention she gets from hanging round a lot of sick children. She's an hysteric with unnatural relationships.

We aren't interested in your Mia Farrow slashfic, buddy.

by Anonymousreply 169January 19, 2018 10:35 AM

The Great Gatsby was made for $7M and earned nearly $27M, putting it well into the top 25 grossing films of 1974.

The IMDb box office doesn't completely jibe with The Numbers or Box Office Mojo but it's fairly comprehensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 19, 2018 10:41 AM

[quote]Nor was her very indiscreet autobiography.

Clutch harder, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 171January 19, 2018 10:42 AM

Haha! If you want to read great reviews of Mia Farrow's acting look under Broadway Danny Rose, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Hannah and Her Sisters, The Other Woman, Radio Days, Alice or Husbands and Wives.

No doubt Woody wrote for her and knew how to elicit the best of her talent and humanity. I think he was deeply in love with her to be honest. Too bad she was crazy and wouldn't let him screw the children.

I know who you are nutball at R169. I just call you Ronan to throw Mia off.

by Anonymousreply 172January 19, 2018 10:44 AM

[quote]The Great Gatsby was made for $7M and earned nearly $27M, putting it well into the top 25 grossing films of 1974.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 173January 19, 2018 10:46 AM

[quote]Moses' story sounds credible.

The part of the story about the pills doesn't seem credible to me at all. He says when he was 4, Mia dragged him out of bed into the bathroom to ask if he'd taken her pills. He says he didn't but eventually confessed just to get her to leave him alone.

At that point he says she woke everyone up and told them he was a thief, then let him go back to bed. The next morning he finds the lost pill bottle behind the toilet.

So... she just wandered off without asking him where he put the pill bottle? She needed to take her medication but she just shrugged it off without trying to find that medication she needed? Once he confessed, she didn't try to find out if he swallowed the pills or not? That's not really believable.

Also not believable is the other story he told about how the family was on an outing and she was using him as a scapegoat, and the other kids were defending him from her and telling her to leave poor Moses alone. You're trying to tell me ALL of those kids grew up to change their mind and decide Moses was a terrible liar who deserved to be abused?

by Anonymousreply 174January 19, 2018 10:48 AM

It's right there in the link, R173.

You really have trouble believing a terrible movie can make a lot of money?

by Anonymousreply 175January 19, 2018 10:49 AM

Gosh for a film scholar you're dumb R175.

by Anonymousreply 176January 19, 2018 10:53 AM

Pauline Kael said Mia Farrow was so delicate and fine boned, she was the only subject of Diane Arbus' to survive her camera.

by Anonymousreply 177January 19, 2018 10:55 AM

r174, did you live with crazy people when you were a kid? I did. Not following up to demand the pills, after causing this huge scene and waking everyone up, sounds completely believable to me. Would not be surprised at all if Mia had intentionally hidden her pills in the bathroom and had already taken her dose before deciding she felt like humiliating Moses before going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 178January 19, 2018 10:58 AM

[quote]R178 Would not be surprised at all if Mia had intentionally hidden her pills in the bathroom and had already taken her dose before deciding she felt like humiliating Moses before going to bed.

We know, we know.

You'd also believe she had the kids working as slave labor, weaving rugs in the basement.

by Anonymousreply 179January 19, 2018 11:03 AM

Mia has those kids BURIED in the basement. She had more blind crippled AIDS ridden kids than she could shake a cat at. When Woody dumped her ass the kids starting disappearing. Luckily Moses escaped. Mia kept Dylan around for blackmail and Ronan as her lover.

by Anonymousreply 180January 19, 2018 11:09 AM

It's also to her credit that Mia Farrow had Frank Sinatra at her feet...and then didn't take a penny in alimony from him when they divorced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181January 19, 2018 11:11 AM

Look at her in R181. Mia is a demon.

by Anonymousreply 182January 19, 2018 11:16 AM

R182 I think you need to go back to trying to drum up the (nonexistent) resistance to Meryl Streep.

This isn't working.

by Anonymousreply 183January 19, 2018 11:33 AM

Huh? You are crazier than Mia R183. Mia and Meryl don't post here. Just Ronan and Moses.

by Anonymousreply 184January 19, 2018 11:47 AM

[quote][R174], did you live with crazy people when you were a kid? I did.

As did I.

[quote]Would not be surprised at all if Mia had intentionally hidden her pills in the bathroom and had already taken her dose before deciding she felt like humiliating Moses before going to bed.

What's the point of inventing scenarios like this? There's no point in having any kind of discussion at all if you're going to just make entire events up in your head.

by Anonymousreply 185January 19, 2018 11:50 AM

Moses is an ungrateful, slant eyed little demon who, like most Asians, is a cunning little bastard willing to say anything for money and status.

by Anonymousreply 186January 19, 2018 11:51 AM

And here's R186 right on cue with the racist bullshit, hoping to get this thread deleted so he can try again with another one in a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 187January 19, 2018 11:54 AM

[quote]It's also to her credit that Mia Farrow had Frank Sinatra at her feet.

Gurl, he dumped her after a year of marriage.

I don't call that 'at her feet'.

by Anonymousreply 188January 19, 2018 11:55 AM

OMG! Who DIDN'T LOVE Intimate Portrait? It was Gay Heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 19, 2018 11:59 AM

[quote]Who DIDN'T LOVE Intimate Portrait?

They were so gushy wushy!

I was addicted.

by Anonymousreply 190January 19, 2018 12:03 PM

"On the 1970 album On My Way to Where by Dory Previn (she married André Previn in 1959 and divorced him in 1970 after he impregnated Mia Farrow) is a song about incest, “With My Daddy in the Attic.” The lyrics include: “And he’ll play / His clarinet / When I despair / With my / Daddy in the attic.” Woody said that Dory—who died in 2012—called him at the time of the molestation allegation to say “that’s where Mia got the story line for her concocted tale.”

Before Linda Fairstein became a best selling author, she was director of the first sex crimes unit in the United States, appointed in 1976 by New York City District Attorney Robert M. Morgenthau. Until 2002 she oversaw the investigation of thousands of allegations of child and sexual abuse, and she has an informed opinion on this one.

“Once there was the suggestion that Woody Allen was involved with Soon-Yi, then there’s every reason for Mia Farrow to be doing something from angry to insane, and there’s no better weapon than your children. So take the weakest link—the youngest, the girl—and whatever you want to say that would make the public believe you are dealing with a monster, is to make this claim.

“When the story came out that Mia had videotaped Dylan”—in eleven segments shot at different times in different places, one nude in a bathtub, others outside showing her topless—“it sounded to me like one of the craziest things I’d ever heard. On every level, it’s the last thing you would do. First of all, videotaping her naked while asking again and again about what happened. Why are you exposing your child to these videos that someday will possibly be in the hands of the public or in the courtroom? That fact alone set off every alarm.”

In regard to Farrow’s telling Woody, “You took my child, I’m going to take yours,” Fairstein adds, “That sounds so real to me. That’s the kind of venom I’m used to seeing in this kind of case: You’ve ruined my life, I’m going to hit you where it hurts most. The idea of saying to a public figure just about the worst thing you could have as a newspaper headline about them is totally in keeping with how these cases are used in matrimonial matters.”

Fairstein cites studies that have been done over the past twenty years on “How suggestible children are. Dylan’s been told a story, and there’s only one person left to please. Daddy’s already been thrown out of the picture. How frightening. Like any kid, you’re wanting to be with, if not two parents, the one parent. So I don’t imagine from that point on she was free to tell any other story. If you believe as I do that the allegation is false, then it is the fault of the woman who created the allegation who has mortally wounded this child.

“I was in the district attorney’s office thirty years, and this was my specialty for twenty-eight of them, so there were thousands of abuse cases in which I had a direct or supervisory role. I have no reason to believe this event happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191January 19, 2018 12:04 PM

I wonder if Linda Fairstein was another wanna-be screenwriter like the NBC guy Oppenheim would buried the Weinstein story.

Lisa Bloom, an attorney, was another wanna-be screenwriter. Wouldn't surprise me if Fairstein, an author, had similar Hollywood ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 192January 19, 2018 4:22 PM

^who buried

by Anonymousreply 193January 19, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote]“When the story came out that Mia had videotaped Dylan”—in eleven segments shot at different times in different places, one nude in a bathtub, others outside showing her topless—“it sounded to me like one of the craziest things I’d ever heard. On every level, it’s the last thing you would do. First of all, videotaping her naked while asking again and again about what happened. Why are you exposing your child to these videos that someday will possibly be in the hands of the public or in the courtroom? That fact alone set off every alarm.”

Did that really happen???

by Anonymousreply 194January 19, 2018 4:25 PM

[quote]That's his truth, [R122]. We have to listen to him, too. But that doesn't cancel out Dylan's truth.

Well, somebody's truth has to cancel out someone else's conflicting truth.

by Anonymousreply 195January 19, 2018 4:26 PM

No, R195. Each person has their own individual unique experience. Their own truth.

by Anonymousreply 196January 19, 2018 4:38 PM

I don't think a brother should be trying to tell his sister that she didn't experience sexual abuse. That's not something he could possibly know.

There are many instances of fathers picking one kid in the family to abuse and everyone was ignorant of it. That's how these abusive fathers get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 197January 19, 2018 4:40 PM

One's own individual experience does not equal truth.

by Anonymousreply 198January 19, 2018 4:42 PM

It does for that person.

by Anonymousreply 199January 19, 2018 4:44 PM

Didn't Dylan and Satchel and Mia say that Moses was lying about the abuse he says he experienced?

by Anonymousreply 200January 19, 2018 4:45 PM

Well of course they did. That is their "truth".

Truth is anything anyone says it is!

by Anonymousreply 201January 19, 2018 4:49 PM

[quote]r188 Gurl, [Sinatra] dumped her after a year of marriage.

Because she wouldn't bail on her movie during shooting to go do his. She was probably the only person who ever stood up to Sinatra.

She was rather ahead of her time, not running when her husband snapped his fingers.

by Anonymousreply 202January 19, 2018 5:15 PM

[quote]And all those B-movie British horror flicks like Secret Ceremony and Haunting of Julia were moneymakers, if not prestigious roles.

Secret Ceremony was a moneymaker? I suppose it was, in the sense that Mia probably got paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 203January 19, 2018 5:17 PM

[quote] I said it was one of the biggest. It made a fortune (just like LOVE STORY did, which also wasn't exactly critically hailed. Most saw it as soap opera pap.)

Umm, The Great Gatsby made $26m. Love Story made $136m. You really are an idiot.

[quote] And all those B-movie British horror flicks like Secret Ceremony and Haunting of Julia were moneymakers, if not prestigious roles.

No they didn't. The Haunting of Julia sat on the shelf for so long, it grew mold. It barely saw a release and was dumped on cable five years later under a different title. And Secret Ceremony was one of Liz Taylor's many 70s flops.

by Anonymousreply 204January 19, 2018 6:20 PM

Take Woody's withered cock out of your face so you can read. I didn't say LOVE STORY wasn't a success, I said most critics found it to be soap opera.

Are you a methhead?

by Anonymousreply 205January 19, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]Are you a methhead?

You offering?

by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2018 6:26 PM

[quote] Take Woody's withered cock out of your face so you can read. I didn't say LOVE STORY wasn't a success, I said most critics found it to be soap opera.

No, what you said (and it's RIGHT THERE FOR YOU TO READ), is "I said it was one of the biggest. It made a fortune (just like LOVE STORY did." It clearly didn't make a fortune just like Love Story did. It made less than 1/5 of the gross of Love Story.

You fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 207January 19, 2018 6:30 PM

You are hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 208January 19, 2018 6:33 PM

I love how she quickly comes in with "WHEN?" in this scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 19, 2018 6:50 PM

R204, you're talking to multiple people as though they're the same person.

by Anonymousreply 210January 19, 2018 6:53 PM

[quote] you're talking to multiple people as though they're the same person.

No, I'm not. That's why I separated them on the post.

by Anonymousreply 211January 19, 2018 6:56 PM

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Farrow being in bad B movies means Woody Allen is an innocent saint among men, but most of this is easy to look up online.

Why anyone even wants to is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 212January 19, 2018 6:58 PM

I don't know why anyone wants to pretend that Mia Farrow "has made probably one bad film in her life." You can like her and still acknowledge that apart from Allen's films and Rosemary's Baby, her career has been pretty damn unexceptional.

by Anonymousreply 213January 19, 2018 7:13 PM

[quote]R212 I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Farrow being in bad B movies means Woody Allen is an innocent saint among men, but most of this is easy to look up online.

I think the smaller films she did are interesting....THE HAUNTING OF JULIA is beautifully photographed, and lyrically moody. The bad films she made were more along the lines of the big-budget HURRICANE, and she did those to support her large family. Most actors have a few compromises like that on their resume.

The bottom line is, she was an exquisite beauty of Hollywood royalty lineage, and a very fine, sensitive actress. She could have worked a lot more had she wanted to (and had Mr. Allen hadn't required such exclusive professional allegiance.) But she wasn't really one to chase fame, like a lot of other stars. I don't even think she necessarily WANTED to act all the time, any way. She's one of those rare celebs who just seemed to want to go about living her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214January 19, 2018 7:21 PM

The names of minors are kept private in sexual abuse crimes and news stories for good reason. Why would Mia think it was okay to write her book and talk in detail about Dylan's alleged abuse? Most (good) parents want to protect their children and their children's privacy. She could have written her book and left that part out, perhaps writing that there were more serious charges against Woody Allen which were handled in the court system. Instead, she named the child and provided all the details. But why? To sell more books? How did that help Dylan in any way?

by Anonymousreply 215January 19, 2018 7:22 PM

I think it is safe to say that both Mia and Woody have proven to be horrible parents.

by Anonymousreply 216January 19, 2018 7:24 PM

The privacy ship had sailed a looong time before her book came out, r215.

by Anonymousreply 217January 19, 2018 7:25 PM

R214, maybe you could take a rest from nibbling on Farrow's clit for a little while and let others speak.

by Anonymousreply 218January 19, 2018 7:25 PM

Good lord R214, you sound like you're preparing her for canonization.

by Anonymousreply 219January 19, 2018 7:25 PM

I assume the court system and journalists kept the child's name undisclosed, R217. Her family was pretty private when Mia and Woody were together. There were a few photos from time to time but not a lot was written about Mia or her kids.

by Anonymousreply 220January 19, 2018 7:28 PM

You assume wrong. Dylan was mentioned by name at the time, and plenty of pics of Woody carrying her around had been published in years prior, so everyone knew who the child in question was.

Here's a 1993 NYT article to prove it.

What was that you were saying about Mia naming Dylan just to cash in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 19, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote]You can like her and still acknowledge that apart from Allen's films and Rosemary's Baby, her career has been pretty damn unexceptional.

No you cannot.

by Anonymousreply 222January 19, 2018 7:42 PM

[quote]R218 maybe you could take a rest from nibbling on Farrow's clit for a little while

Maybe you could come up with your own jokes?

It reeks of desperation...

by Anonymousreply 223January 19, 2018 7:43 PM

R8 The Sainted Madonnas

This is Mother Superior

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 19, 2018 7:58 PM

I've always been a big fan of hers - but this Moses story has really put the cat among the pigeons for me and left a nasty taste in my mouth.

But I am surprised more stories of this nature didn't emerge earlier.

by Anonymousreply 225January 19, 2018 8:11 PM

The suicide of her son, the other black girl - whose photo she googled! - starting a gofundme to pay for her car, and the tale of Moses' abuse... it's pretty obvious Mia is a deeply suspicious mother to her adopted children of color.

by Anonymousreply 226January 19, 2018 8:14 PM

Why is Ronan still closeted?

by Anonymousreply 227January 19, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote]R227 Why is Ronan still closeted?

This is a mystery.

Farrow's children were brought up to not seek publicity, just as she herself kept a rather low profile.

It may be he feels there should be a deep division between his work and his private life? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 228January 19, 2018 8:39 PM

Our future president!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 19, 2018 8:42 PM

r229 He's Frank's son alright.

by Anonymousreply 230January 19, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]Farrow's children were brought up to not seek publicity, just as she herself kept a rather low profile.

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAAAAAAA!!!

by Anonymousreply 231January 19, 2018 9:36 PM

Linda Fairstein's take on it mirrored mine. I have spent decades handling these cases - albeit a fraction of her number and from the defense side - and this case has always appeared to me to be very typical of parental alienation and the result of tainting a child witness. There are so many factors that raise a red flag that it barely passes the laugh test.

And, yes, there is something called the truth. Either it happened or it didn't. Utter nonsense about "my truth" or "your truth". If Dylan's "truth" is a fantasy, consistent with her past documented history of fantasies, or a deliberate lie then it is no one's truth.

by Anonymousreply 232January 19, 2018 10:17 PM

R232 did Woody pay you too? Do you have dreams of becoming a screenwriter?

by Anonymousreply 233January 19, 2018 11:54 PM

R232 since you have experience in these things. What about her truth do you find suspicious or doesn't add up?

by Anonymousreply 234January 19, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote]R233 did Woody pay you too? Do you have dreams of becoming a screenwriter, [R232]?

Hopefully, R232 is an 18 year old girl if they hope to get anywhere with Mr. Allen.

by Anonymousreply 235January 20, 2018 12:30 AM

They all need to go on the Steve Wilkos Show. He sorts this stuff out every day.

by Anonymousreply 236January 20, 2018 2:20 AM

I just read on the Sharon Tate thread how badly Roman Polanski treated Sharon, and then someone commented that Mia speaks highly of Polanski. This all reminded me of this thread and what Moses said about growing up with Mia and how he questions Dylan's story about Woody.

I saw Mia on a documentary about Polanski a couple of years ago and, yes, she admires and seems to still love him. She spoke of his relationship with Sharon as if it was a fairy tale. I don't know, maybe Mia is "off", and maybe her perception is skewed in certain ways. Why would she be so willing to speak highly of Roman, knowing that he drugged and raped a young girl? This all gives me pause...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 24, 2018 9:06 PM

Why Dylan? Because the charges wouldn’t hold up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238January 24, 2018 9:48 PM

If Ronan and Dylan are hounding actors' agents, then that is gonna wind up backfiring on them sooner rather than later. And I hope it leads to both of them being ruined.

by Anonymousreply 239January 25, 2018 5:09 PM

I agree that there's something "off" and self-righteous about Mia. Everyone's going after Woody, but why was Mia with him for so long? And why did she only fly into action after she saw at the photos of Soon-Yi? Only then did Dylan's discomfort matter to her, when she could use it for revenge against Woody. She should be considered as bad as him for not protecting her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 240January 26, 2018 4:11 AM

^^^ after she saw the photos

by Anonymousreply 241January 26, 2018 4:12 AM

why aint the media pickin up on moses' stuff??

by Anonymousreply 242January 26, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote]R239 If Ronan and Dylan are hounding actors' agents...

When your mom's Mia Farrow, you don't need to hound agents. They'll sign you over the phone.

by Anonymousreply 243January 26, 2018 4:19 AM

who pays for her face lifts and massive botox????

nutty as a fruitcake. ev boddy knows......

by Anonymousreply 244January 26, 2018 4:20 AM

bitch ruined THE GREAT GATSBY

they dint really want her for the daisy role.....

by Anonymousreply 245January 26, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]When your mom's Mia Farrow, you don't need to hound agents. They'll sign you over the phone.

Mia doesn't have that kind of clout anymore.

by Anonymousreply 246January 26, 2018 6:19 AM

[quote] This all reminded me of this thread

Come off it. You're the concern troll who is always all over these threads saying the same things, trying to pass yourself off as just a concerned bystander.

by Anonymousreply 247January 26, 2018 10:07 AM

I don't believe anything anymore. All lies and conspiracies to see who can become the biggest victim, and grab the best headlines.

By the way, Woody used to hold me down while Mia strapped on an eight inch dildo and power-raped me. I was three and a half at the time, but I have very clear memories of this 30+ years later, and you can't tell me it never happened because it's my truth. #metoo

by Anonymousreply 248January 26, 2018 2:13 PM

To the person questioning Linda Fairstein's motivation re: her comments, Linda already *is* "Hollywood. She's had involvement in notorious cases (Harvey Weinstein, Michael Jackson, etc.) and is often sought for comment on sex/crime cases. She's a best-selling (fiction) author as well.

But, like anyone else involved in these affairs, it's always wise to question motivation and where there's potential for money being involved.

by Anonymousreply 249January 26, 2018 2:23 PM

Wow, that tweet of Samantha Geimer's speaks volumes, especially since Mia of course worked with Roman and Woody.

by Anonymousreply 250January 27, 2018 6:39 PM

I believe Moses

by Anonymousreply 251May 29, 2018 9:16 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 252September 29, 2018 4:00 AM

The media and public only give a fuck about an abuse victim under these circumstances : (1) the abuse involves sex (2) the accuser is Anglo /northern European, female, and reasonably pretty. Look how few shits are given about the man Mark Wahlberg blinded. And nobody seems too disturbed by the outcomes of Mia's other Asian children, one who committed suicide and the other who passed from aids (while evidently living in poverty ).

by Anonymousreply 253September 29, 2018 9:46 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 254September 29, 2018 1:02 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 255September 30, 2018 8:10 AM

Funny how the media won't report this abuse claim.

by Anonymousreply 256September 30, 2018 1:33 PM

by Anonymousreply 257October 1, 2018 3:33 AM

Is he the wonky eyed one?

by Anonymousreply 258October 1, 2018 5:31 AM

I think DL is more into Charton's Moses than Mia's.

by Anonymousreply 259October 1, 2018 5:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!