Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sharon Tate would have turned 75 today

Had those m family creatures not invaded her home. She could have done such wonderful things, accomplished much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2018 7:02 PM

Lovely girl...shitty actress.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2018 4:48 AM

i wonder if roman was attracted to her acting skills, or her sparkling zesty personality, or her delicious long legs.....

her partys were legendary and everybody wanted an invite...

tragic and hideous how it all turned out.

be at peace special beauty lady !

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2018 4:51 AM

R1

She'd done well in comedy. Had she lived she might well have become better. Plenty of actresses didn't really prove themselves to be good until they were 30 or older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2018 5:03 AM

Stunning

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2018 5:06 AM

how dare u ???

sir u are beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2018 5:12 AM

[quote]R3 She'd done well in comedy.

What? Like in DON'T MAKE WAVES?? She was okay in totally non demanding light comedy roles...but there wasn't really any glimmer of an actual [italic] gift. [/italic] I think it's more like, "She been non-embarrasing in some very thin comedies." Her voice is toneless, and doesn't convey anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2018 5:22 AM

R4 Oh dear. I've avoided seeing that picture till now.

Still, it must be said....she even manages to look beautiful after undergoing the most vicious of murders (!)

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2018 5:24 AM

R2 i wonder if roman was attracted to her acting skills, or her sparkling zesty personality, or her delicious long legs.....

Well, it wasn't the acting. But she was by all accounts a very sweet, naturally kind, and loving person. Though, if she hadn't looked like she did, he wouldn't have given her the time of day.

Had she lived, I think she would have retired, and become a Hollywood wife. The fun kind...not the bitchy, parched kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2018 5:29 AM

What a horrific way to die. Begging for her unborn child.

It's unbelievable that the Mason family's death sentences were overturned and then they have all been eligible for parole for almost 50 years. A travesty of justice, brought to you by the Leftists of California... more sympathetic to cold-blooded murders than any other state.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2018 5:36 AM

R6

The character was supposed to be a rather vapid California beach girl.

BTW, hers was the one performance praised by critics. Same thing in the stupid Dean Martin movie THE WRECKING CREW, again Tate's was the only performance that critics noted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2018 5:37 AM

Sharon was also good in EYE OF THE DEVIL in which she played a lesbian witch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2018 5:45 AM

My dead relatives are buried at Holy Cross. When I visit their graves twice a year, I stop by Sharon’s.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2018 6:08 AM

[quote]My dead relatives are buried at Holy Cross.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Maybe his family buries their living relatives too, R13. You don’t know!

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2018 6:57 AM

How long would she have put up with her husband's dalliances with underage girls had she lived? Eventually, she would have found out one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2018 7:00 AM

Look....if she hadn't had her looks, Hollywood would have slammed the door in her face. She's quite vapid!

Still, that was no reason to murder her (after the critics already had). I remember one VALLEY OF THE DOLLS review said "Playing the role of Jennifer, a beautiful blonde who can't act, is Sharon Tate...a beautiful blonde who can't act."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2018 7:01 AM

R14 Well, in the best case scenario, maybe he would have been so happy with her he wouldn't have strayed. All the creepy stuff he did came after her death.

And it's possible that under his direction she might have been okay in TESS, which he had asked her to do a film treatment of after she gave him the book. The role doesn't require a very broad range.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2018 7:09 AM

If that pic is really from the murder scene, may the poster rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2018 8:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2018 9:10 AM

R13 I said dead so you jackasses wouldn’t post, the dead ones? Of course you fell for it. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2018 9:12 AM

R14 another moron who fell for it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2018 9:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2018 9:16 AM

I don't know about her acting carrer Frankly. She was no Mia. But every body seemed to have liked her a lot personnaly. Tragic figure of the sixties.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2018 9:53 AM

Bonus points:

How old are these stans/trolls:

The Sharon Tate Stan Troll

The Capucine Stan Troll

The Gong Li Stan Troll

The Liv Ullmann Stan Troll (quiet recently... dead?)

Are they different individuals or do 2 trolls double up in their stanning?

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2018 9:58 AM

If only Miss Trego could've lived next to us, instead of those loutish, dreadful hillbillies

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2018 9:58 AM

R23 Yes...she does seem to have been one of those rare people no one ever had anything bad to say about : (

Poor girl.

At the same time, I do have to admit I have a teeny gripe with the people who go on and on about how tragic it was that someone [italic] so beautiful [/italic] would suffer such a tragic fate. Why is it sadder when a pretty person dies rather than an average-looking person? They all died horribly.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2018 10:02 AM

Fuck right off r4, you sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2018 10:38 AM

Manson gave the address on Ciello Drive to the killers thought a music producer who'd rejected his work (Terry Melcher) still lived there. Melcher's live-in girlfriend at the time was Candice Bergen.

Had they not already moved out and the Polanskis moved in, it could have been Bergen who died that night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2018 11:17 AM

Bergen that year, in 1969

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2018 11:20 AM

[quote] Sharon Tate would have turned 75 today Had those m family creatures not invaded her home.

The murder was horrific. But would she? We’ll never know. Many people pass away naturally before they hit their 70s.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2018 12:04 PM

A boring no-talent stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2018 12:22 PM

Outside of "Eye of the Devil" most of Sharon's films didn't require a depth in acting. Still, she had an "it" factor and you noticed her on screen. She didn't live long enough, or make enough films to ever know for sure where she would have went.

A beautiful woman regardless, who paid the biggest prices for fame.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2018 12:46 PM

R29 Actually Manson knew that Terry Melcher had moved to Malibu. He had been up to the house and so had Tex Watson. It's what it (the house and people living there) represented to Manson.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2018 12:50 PM

Don’t be mad, R12! It’s nice that you visit her gravesite. Is there ever anyone else there when you do?

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2018 1:41 PM

I told my son to do it. And I'm still alive....Well time to dress up as the Morton Salt girl and run down a spiral staircase.

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2018 2:21 PM

[QUOTE]Look....if she hadn't had her looks, Hollywood would have slammed the door in her face. She's quite vapid!

Hon, Hollywood is about 95% about looks & perception, just like the rest of the world. Did you think you were honestly posting something insightful ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2018 5:21 PM

[QUOTE]Actually Manson knew that Terry Melcher had moved to Malibu. He had been up to the house and so had Tex Watson. It's what it (the house and people living there) represented to Manson.

manson knew that Melcher and Candice Bergen had moved out but didn't know where they were living. manson and watson had been to the home several times in the past so they knew the layout, that it was isolated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2018 5:24 PM

I tried to drive up to the murder house when I was last in LA, but the road it's on is closed off.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2018 5:27 PM

I blocked R4 ages ago. It’s a right-wing lunatic, so the sick post here is no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2018 5:33 PM

It's on a private portion of Cielo but you can drive up there. I did one time. I will tell you that when I got to the gates and got out of the car I got a feeling of unease, like I wanted to leave. The actress who had the house built, Michele Morgan lived there for 7 years. The house was built in 1941. One reason she sold it was that she felt uneasy herself when she was there alone at night sometimes. Morgan also claimed to have heard eerie sounds coming from the living room on some nights.. Morgan just died this past year or two well into her 90s.

Other famous celebrities who have lived there include Lillian Gish, Cary Grant with then wife Dyan Cannon, Samantha Eggar, Melcher & Candice Bergen, Mark Lindsey, Olivia Hussey.

PHOTO BELOW is of Michele Morgan in the house from a 1940s magazine spread. It shows Morgan in the living room where Tate and Jay Sebring were murdered and the master bedroom where Sharon Tate and Jay Sebring were when the m family invaded. It was a very nice house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2018 5:42 PM

Poor Shazz

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2018 5:45 PM

If Terry Melcher and Candace Bergen had still been living in the house and the killers showed up on a night when their parents Doris Day and Edgar Bergen were visiting it would have been surreal. Imagine if Edgar had brought Charlie McCarthy. A lot of “ifs” but it could have happened.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2018 6:31 PM

This cunt again?

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2018 6:38 PM

Wow, R40, that's quite a list!

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2018 6:40 PM

R42 This should be a play....perhaps a musical.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2018 6:44 PM

The house was torn down in the mid-90s, and another house built on the lot.

by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2018 7:03 PM

[quote]i wonder if roman was attracted to her acting skills, or her sparkling zesty personality, or her delicious long legs.....

Roman and Sharon were effectively separated when she was killed. He based himself in London after she became pregnant because he did not want to be around her. She kept the news from him till the second trimester because she knew he would demand she terminate the pregnancy. He told one friend the pregnant Tate had become a 'boring bitch' and in front of friends he called her a 'dumb hag'.

She spoke of her intention to divorce him to her close friend the actress Joanna Pettet. Roman had an affair with Michelle Phillips in London while Sharon was on location filming The Thirteen Chairs in early 1969. He had bullied Tate into group sex situations - some filmed - with John and Michelle. There are rumours of other orgies involving Jane Fonda, Roger Vadim and Warren Beatty. The cops found photos after the murders, some of which one LAPD detective apparently tried to sell.

Sharon found a reel of 16mm film in the Cielo Drive house that featured Roman with some woman in the marital bed. She was furious. Polanski didn't care, he was unfaithful to her throughout the marriage. Their friend Victor Lazlo was the manager of the London Playboy club. He arranged women for Polanski behind Sharon's back.

The final time Polanski saw Tate he was putting her - at seven months pregnant - on a ship, alone, to sail back from the UK to the States. He said goodbye, and then went and met Lazlo and slept with two women. He arranged for Frykowski and Folger to stay with Tate although Frykowski was a drug dealer and a bum who Sharon was sick of. Frykowski was arranging, with financial aid from Folger, to become the first big time distributor of MDMA in LA. He had connections in and from Canada, and knew many unpleasant LA 'dealer to the stars' including Pic Dawson, Mama Cass' occassional boyfriend who got Cass addicted to heroin. That's the kind of people Polanski let around his pregnant wife.

He told Tate's father to take everything belonging to Sharon after the cops had finished in the house. He didn't want any of it.

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2018 7:20 PM

[quote] manson and watson had been to the home several times

Watson also went there with Dean Morehouse, Ouisch's pedophile father who 'gave' his 15 year old daughter to Manson. Ruth Ann was Melcher's favorite, she was the reason he went to Spahn, to fuck her behind Candy Bergen's back. Dean lived at Dennis Wilson's place as the gardener / onsite 'guru' (he had been an itinerant preacher) and Watson moved in there too, he and Morehouse became very good friends and lived together in a tent at Spahn for a while. Dean and Tex spent more time around Wilson and Melcher (and Neil Young for that matter) than Manson.

by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2018 7:26 PM

R34 No one else there. Sharon’s buried in the Grotto. Not far from Rita Hayworth, Bing Crosby, and Bela Lugosi.

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2018 7:37 PM

R47 Roman was always an asshole. I know that Ed Sanders wrote in his book The Family about rumors of films and pictures featuring celebrities, but I didn't think it was ever proven? I know Detective Earl Deemer said there was a video of Roman and Sharon making love and also a video of Voyteck and Gibby Folger giving a dinner party at Cielo ( when asked about other videos he stated that it wasn't true!? ) . They were high and someone said they saw the image of a burning pigs head in the fireplace. Creepy shit.

Also Frykowski and Folger moved in to Cielo to house sit for Roman and Sharon in March of 69. There were some wild parties going on there then. Supposed to be nudes of Debra Tate and Pic Dawson frolicking by the swimming pool.

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote]Also Frykowski and Folger moved in to Cielo to house sit for Roman and Sharon in March of 69.

Yes that's right, they threw a lot of parties and it was during that period that Pic Dawson and another dealer who hung out at Cass Elliott's, called Billy Doyle, spent time at Cielo. Cass was questioned at length by police after the murder and was on the prosecution's witness list but Bugliosi decided not to call her.

Sanders had an excellent source for the story of celebrity sex photos - I think the LA Free Press editor?

Here's a link to more on Dawson and Doyle and Folger and Frykowski, who would cruise Sunset and pick up young guys and film them. I have always suspected they picked up Watson or another Manson family associate and that some bad scene went down and that the murders were some kind of revenge for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote] They were high and someone said they saw the image of a burning pigs head in the fireplace. Creepy shit.

I vaguely remember reading this. Yeah, strange premonitory moments there.

by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2018 8:37 PM

Wow R47, Polanski was an awful person. I wonder why Mia Farrow and much of Hollywood is still so enamored of him? Mia speaks so highly of him during the Sharon Tate days. And there were those standing ovations a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2018 8:52 PM

[quote] Polanski told one friend the pregnant Tate had become a 'boring bitch' and in front of friends he called her a 'dumb hag'.

Sounds like he's fit in here at DL perfectly!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2018 9:00 PM

R53

I don't know whether it's true or not but the reason Roman gave for not wanting any of his wife's possessions was that it was all too painful.

True, he had told a couple of male friends that once Sharon had become pregnant that he found her a 'bore', 'nag' but he also mentioned that he had hoped that once the baby was born that she would return to being (the) sweet wonderful girl he'd married.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2018 9:05 PM

r47 is right. If you ever watch any of these shows on manson you will see Debra Tate waxing on and on about what a great guy Polanski is and how much he loved Sharon. BULLSHIT. I would love to know how much money Polanski has paid to Debra over the years.

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2018 9:08 PM

Polanski certainly seemed to grieve Tate's death. I have no doubt he cheated on her, and maybe she was planning a divorce...but that doesn't mean they didn't love each other.

Hollywood marriages don't tent to last all THAT long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2018 9:11 PM

The shocker is why anyone would want a runt like Roman.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2018 9:11 PM

Strangely I can't see R4's comment. I don't have them blocked either.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2018 9:34 PM

Look of course Polanski was shocked and traumatised by the murders - he is a human being. But he's also a legendary asshole and a fucking degenerate, and he treated Sharon like shit, and they would have divorced had she lived.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2018 9:36 PM

R58

No stuff ! Before Sharon, Roman was involved with gorgeous Jill St. John. After their affair broke off st. John took up with & later married singer Jack Jones.

Debra has always maintained that Roman is a great guy. She also says that there were extenuating circumstances about his big rape case 40 years that the public didn't know about. Yeah, sure. IMO regardless he had intercourse with a thne 13 year old girl, plus he'd given her a Qualude.

Polanski was sort of typical in the fact that he thought that he could fuck whatever he wanted but his woman had no right to complain. His first wife, Polish actress Barbara Lass had put up with his infidelities for some time; she decided to have one (affair) herself. When Roman found out about it, he beat her up. True story. Same thing happened to Neile Adams who was married to Steve McQueen. Steve had cheated on her for years. Feeling lonely after years of his infidelities, Neile had an affair with an actor acquaintance**. When Steve found out about it he beat her up.

** someone I know told me that the actor Neile had the affair with was Max Schell.

BELOW, Polanski and Jill St. John in 1965, 66.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]The shocker is why anyone would want a runt like Roman.

Tate was with Steve McQueen before Roman, he just used her and dumped her and then she was with Sebring, who was crazy about her but he was just a hair dresser and had money problems. Polanski was very hot stuff in 1967 - at the apex of the international 'swinging' artsy jet set. He cast her in that schlocky rubbish vampire film and she was sweet but not very bright and she thought he would make her a superstar. Which he did in a way, but frankly had she lived, the career would not have lasted much longer. She was planning to take the role of 'O' in an adaptation of The Story of O after having the baby. She had become type cast, in creepy, schlocky occult and S&M type stuff. She was surrounded by, and perhaps drawn to, darkness and moral corruption though she was a practising Catholic and had, everyone agreed, was a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2018 9:41 PM

Tough guy Steve McQueen by the way was too scared to attend Tate's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2018 9:44 PM

Before she left London she gave Roman a copy of Tess of the Durbevilles, telling him it was a terrific book and would make a great screen adaptation. That's why in "Tess", Roman dedicates the movie "For Sharon". She probably would've been cast in it if she had lived.

by Anonymousreply 64January 24, 2018 11:16 PM

Susan Atkins is full of shit in that interview. It’s obvious what she’s doing. It seems like it was rehearsed and she plays to camera. I’m glad she died in prison and hope she was crushed every time she was turned down for parole.

by Anonymousreply 65January 24, 2018 11:21 PM

R63 But he wasn't too scared to attend Jay Sebring's which was on the same day!?

by Anonymousreply 66January 24, 2018 11:26 PM

Interesting about the history of the house, which I never knew. The actress Michele Morgan felt "uneasy" in the house and heard voices coming from the living room in the 1940s. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 67January 24, 2018 11:31 PM

r59, that post included a graphic photo of Sharon's dead body, so I'm guessing a moderator removed it

by Anonymousreply 68January 24, 2018 11:38 PM

The house was supposedly built on Native American burial grounds. Thus the creepy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2018 1:11 AM

I was 8 or 9 probably when this happened, the first time I was interested in true crime. And then Patty Hearst. I was hooked. I always liked to read but after that I was unstoppable. In fact it's only been in the last 4 years that I will even read non-fiction .

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2018 1:21 AM

After the house was torn down in the mid-90s, this monstrosity is what was built on the lot. The owner is Jeff Franklin, the creator of "Full House."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2018 2:08 AM

[quote]Tate was with Steve McQueen

Sharon was never McQueen's steady girl. Steve was married to Neile several years before Sharon was even in Hollywood. Her first boyfriend in Hollywood was Richard Beymer (WEST SIDE STORY). Next came French actor Philippe Forquet. They broke off in 1964 and later that November she met Jay Sebring whom she dated for two years then becoming to him. While Sharon was in England in 1966, Martin Ransohoff who had her under exclusive contract had her meet with Roman Polanski who he going to financially back for DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES (later THE FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS). Ransohoff wanted Polanski to use Sharon in the female lead. Roman was not impressed with her and declined. Ransohoff insisted and won out. Sharon fell for Polanski while the two were making the movie. She broke off her engagement with Sebring.

Whether Sharon and Steve McQueen ever fucked, who's to say for certain ?

Regarding her funeral: Neile McQueen claims that she and her then husband were in attendance at Sharon's funeral; that the couple sat in the rear of the church. Polanski fumed that McQueen didn't attend since he was supposedly such a good friend of Sharon's. There's ample photographs and film of Sharon's funeral and the famous who were there; I've yet to see one of the McQueens yet there is footage of the two at Jay Sebring's services which were held on the same day several hours earlier over at the Wee Kirk O'Heather Chapel on the grounds of Forest Lawn in Glendale; his body was shipped to Michigan I believe for burial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2018 3:25 AM

[quote]Susan Atkins is full of shit in that interview. It’s obvious what she’s doing. It seems like it was rehearsed and she plays to camera. I’m glad she died in prison and hope she was crushed every time she was turned down for parole.

Sharon's mother Doris was present at every parole hearing for her daughter's killers. At one for Atkins, after she (Atkins) had presented her oral petition for parole, Doris exclaimed, "You're quite the actress aren't you ? Another Sarah Bernhart.........."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 25, 2018 3:32 AM

Farrah Fawcett stole Sharon Tate's career.

by Anonymousreply 74January 25, 2018 3:37 AM

I don’t think it was stolen, Sharon wasn’t going to be needing anymore after that night.

by Anonymousreply 75January 25, 2018 3:42 AM

R47 Sharon Tate fucked one of her costars when she was married to Polanski. She was no angel either deary........

by Anonymousreply 76January 25, 2018 3:51 AM

R76

Wasn't a co-star, it was actor Christopher Jones who claimed that he had a weekend affair with Sharon while she was in Europe to film THE THIRTEEN CHAIRS in the spring of 1969.

Jones in photograph below sporting striped shirt and dangling cigarette.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77January 25, 2018 3:56 AM

R77 You sure he wasn't the only one? Don't be so sure deary.........

by Anonymousreply 78January 25, 2018 3:59 AM

R78

Jones is the only one to make such a claim deary. Who knows with any certainty who fucked whom 50 years ago ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 25, 2018 4:04 AM

R79 Jones claimed that he fucked her when she was pregnant. Who knows if that is true or not. Sharon was so hot that most gay guys would have fucked her!

by Anonymousreply 80January 25, 2018 4:13 AM

R79 Yeah no shit. And if she did fuck around with him or anybody else who can blame her? Most people said she wasn't real promiscuous.

R72 Are you a follower of Manson Family Today blog run by Matt and Deb? I ask because you have incredible knowledge of the case and those two, and their readers, are the best of there for the "truth."

by Anonymousreply 81January 25, 2018 11:50 AM

One less fish=always good!

by Anonymousreply 82January 25, 2018 11:57 AM

R82 That's tiresome. But I guess you already know that and chose to post it for reaction?

by Anonymousreply 83January 25, 2018 12:09 PM

What her parents and sisters went through after her murder was truly heartbreaking. The mother was in a drug induced stupor for about 10 years - until LA Asst. DA Steven Kay challenged her to use her clientele at her beauty salon to obtain signatures to block the parole of one of the killers. That brought her back to life, though it then created problems for her husband and children as she became obsessed with the work.

by Anonymousreply 84January 25, 2018 12:09 PM

R84 which drug induced said stupor? I never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 85January 25, 2018 1:47 PM

She was very beautiful and she managed to work in several movies I love but it's her horrific death that turned her into an icon.

by Anonymousreply 86January 25, 2018 1:53 PM

Tate's funeral

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87January 25, 2018 3:40 PM

R81

No, I've never looked at their blog. I will say in all immodesty that I am very knowledgeable about Sharon Tate and her life.

by Anonymousreply 88January 25, 2018 6:18 PM

R84

The murders greatly affected all of the victims families. The thing with the Tate family was that Sharon had been their focal point for obvious reasons. Her parents adored her, and her two sisters idolized her. Sharon was very good at being the negotiator, the peacemaker. The year of her murder Sharon's then 16 year old sister Debra was getting difficult for her parents to handle, a wild child. It was Sharon who made arrangements for Debra to spend a good deal of her free time over at her Cielo Drive home when she wasn't in school etc, even for when Sharon and Roman were out of the country. Debra became good friends with Abigail and Voytek during this time; she'd known Jay for about 5 years already. The Tates lived over in San Pedro about 35 miles away so it wasn't too taxing for Debra to go back and forth. The other sister Patti was only 11 (near 12) at the time of Sharon's death. It would have been one thing if Sharon had been killed in a car or plane crash but the needlessness of these murders, the entire dynamic took so much longer to deal with, sort out. For example at the time the murders happened it took a good 4 months to get the break to tie the m family to the crime. No one knew who would have committed such crimes. The police initially wondered if Roman was behind it; Roman wondered if one of their mutual friends had done them and spent months doing his own detective work, even carrying a blood kit with him. Roman honestly thought that John Phillips (of THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS) was the probable killer. Sharon's father took an early retirement, grew his hair out and started hanging around the low lifes of L.A. trying to get clues. The Tate family was forever changed, as were the other families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89January 25, 2018 6:35 PM

R89 Have you read "Restless Souls" by Alisa Statman? She used notes and writing from PJ Tate.

by Anonymousreply 90January 25, 2018 6:42 PM

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 91January 25, 2018 7:03 PM

R90

Yeah, I read it. It was ok, nothing great.

by Anonymousreply 92January 25, 2018 7:17 PM

R89 Are you one of the killers? Or are you Trent Renzor who probably pumped Tori Amos in The Tate/Polanski house?

by Anonymousreply 93January 25, 2018 8:11 PM

R93

Good God no.

by Anonymousreply 94January 25, 2018 8:16 PM

R87

I recognized John and Michelle Phillips, Joan Collins, Sheilah Wells & Fred Behr, Warren Beatty, Yul Brynner

by Anonymousreply 95January 25, 2018 8:23 PM

Go Doris !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 25, 2018 8:27 PM

Thanks [40] for the vintage photographs of the house. Compared to what replaced it, it really is a modest building. It seems that Hollywood stars of the 1940s lived in relatively normal places. I was struck how ordinary Marilyn Monroe's last house was.

I can understand tearing the building down. Who would want to live there--particularly alone. But, it also seems that an important piece of 1960s history was destroyed. In comparison, the "In Cold Blood' house stands and, last I read about it, would still be very recognizable interiorly by the poor Clutters. The Soviets tore down the Ipatiev house where the last Czar and his family were butchered and history is the poorer. We are lucky that Ford's Theater stands.

by Anonymousreply 97January 25, 2018 8:41 PM

Many of the stars of the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s had grand grand estates in the L.A. area. I'm sure you're familiar with Green Acres, Pickfair, Marion Davies' Beach House. True some lived in more modest ones. The house that Monroe lived in over in the Helenas was the only house she ever purchased and she had bought in February 1962, six months before her death.

Lincoln was shot at Ford's Theater but died across the street in the Peterson House the following morning. The tragedy at the Cielo Drive House was a bloodbath. I certainly would never want to live in such a place. Same goes for the Clutter house in Kansas. They actually used the house for the 1967 film IN COLD BLOOD. Yuck. No thanks. Since Taliesin, the house built by Frank Lloyd Wright was considered a marvel, and a work of art one can almost understand why it was preserved but after the crazy man Wright had hired murdered Wright's mistress, her two small children and four others there I might have been inclined to say knock it down.

Maybe it's an individual thing but like when McDONALD'S demolished that franchise of theirs after a mass murder, or the Luby Cafeteria was torn down after another mass murder you can understand why they wouldn't want to leave it standing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 25, 2018 9:03 PM

Hilary Duff is playing Sharon in a new movie. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 26, 2018 4:37 AM

[quote] She could have done such wonderful things, accomplished much.

Think of the symphonies she would have composed, the novels she wouldhave written!

by Anonymousreply 100January 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Don't pay any attention to R100 OP, you know how bitchy fags can be !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 26, 2018 5:51 AM

Time to move on .............

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 26, 2018 6:00 AM

[quote]it was actor Christopher Jones who claimed that he had a weekend affair with Sharon while she was in Europe to film THE THIRTEEN CHAIRS in the spring of 1969.

Celebrities were coming out of the woodwork claiming they were supposed to go to a party at Sharon's house that night. They were lying. According to Sharon's sister, it was going to be a quiet night after Sharon and her houseguests arrived home from dinner. So, this guy could easily have lied, too.

by Anonymousreply 103January 26, 2018 6:11 AM

* "that night" = the night of the murders.

by Anonymousreply 104January 26, 2018 6:11 AM

[quote] Roman honestly thought that John Phillips (of THE MAMAS & THE PAPAS) was the probable killer.

No, he had an airtight alibi. He was home in bed. With me.

by Anonymousreply 105January 26, 2018 6:15 AM

I think Mrs. Tate was on Valium or some tranquilizer. It was in her daughter's book and Debra Tate admitted her parents were lost to her for years afterward because they carried their grief constantly. How could they not? Debbie Tate got work in the industry as a make up artist and she had her infamous spread in Qui or Hustler, can't recall which one. That caused a rift with her parents. She also said people wanted to get to know her, not to know her, but to be close to the murder case.

The Alisa Stratman book is strange. Alisa claimed a domestic partnership with Patti Tate after her divorce from basketball star Don Ford. She also claimed she was nearly destitute but Ford rebounded a big time real estate success. Stratman lived for a time in the guest house (the Garrettson one) on the Cielo estate trying to write a book about the case. She seems to have been a wannabe fan and ingratiated herself with the family.

by Anonymousreply 106January 26, 2018 8:43 AM

R106 It's Statman not Stratman. Alisa is an executive director of Modern Family. Debbi Tate bared it all in OUI back in 1977

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 26, 2018 11:48 AM

R108

Debra was in the FEBRUARY 1977 issue of OUI. I have it somewhere. The title was Let The Fur Fly. Coincidentally, it was 10 years after Sharon was featured in the FEBRUARY 1967 issue of PLAYBOY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 26, 2018 2:05 PM

Alisa Statman is a loon. Her book "Restless Souls" is creepy fan fiction.

by Anonymousreply 109January 26, 2018 9:56 PM

Some questions: Was Sharon going to divorce Polanski? Did Sharon and Michelle Phillips stay friends? What is wrong with Debra Tate? Why did Debra's parents disown her?

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]Did Sharon and Michelle Phillips stay friends

One imagines not.

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2018 7:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!