Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you watch House Hunters on HGTV?

Those are some of the most spoiled and entitled people I have ever seen in my life.

The ones with a high budget are always going on an on about things that don't matter to anyone else, such as vaulted ceilings, stainless steel appliances, double vanities in the "en suite" master bathroom, the must-have island in the kitchen, the "open concept" living room, and a whole bunch of other bullshit nonsense.

Plus, the wives are always so critical of EVERYTHING, not to mention demanding.

And then you have poor people with a thousand dollar per month rental budget, who expect a three bedroom house in a gated community, with all of the aforementioned amenities.

Arrrrggghhh!!! These people drive me nuts!!

by Anonymousreply 600October 5, 2018 1:00 AM

There have literally been a bajillion other threads on this, OP.

This is but one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2017 1:11 AM

Or....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2017 1:13 AM

Or this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2017 1:15 AM

R1-R3, is your name by any chance...... CHERYL?????

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2017 1:21 AM

No, and my pussy does NOT stink!

Seriously, though, this is a perennial topic......open threads abound.....

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2017 1:27 AM

Housewife and Gay TV is a staple in my home. It's the only reason I keep cable.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2017 1:30 AM

They only ever see 3 - and always choose 1.

Odd.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2017 1:32 AM

A friend works on one of these shows. In most cases, the house is pre-bought, & the rest is faked. This covers any potential liability issues for the show, either from buyers remorse, deals gone bad, or tripping over a step, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2017 1:35 AM

What I cannot stand is how they declare everything about a potential house as “disgusting” or “tacky”. The poor owners must feel awful. Can’t they just say “The colors aren’t my style”?

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2017 2:13 AM

Don't forget the white kitchen cabinets!!

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2017 2:17 AM

[quote] A friend works on one of these shows. In most cases, the house is pre-bought, & the rest is faked. This covers any potential liability issues for the show, either from buyers remorse, deals gone bad, or tripping over a step, etc.

This isn't even remotely a secret anymore.

Any show on HGTV that uses the "pick one" house is dealing with buyers who already have the house under contract.

Also:

When you see the flipping shows calling an agent to put in an offer....that's fake too. They bought the house before they even opened the door.

Buyers get the basics on those flipping houses, but those custom tables and custom pieces that some shows do? The buyers never get those unless they pay extra. (This is especially so on Fixer Upper, because all of that is for their Magnolia business, so they can sell more.)

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2017 12:38 PM

You do realize all these people are coached and the shows are heavily scripted, don't you? How boring would it be if every home seeker went in and just loved everything. The producers of these types of shows want you to be aghast at what you see because that'll keep you coming back to watch again a lot faster than if everyone is sugar sweet. I know you want to kick the TV screen out when you see a husband and wife walk into a 800 sq. ft. master suite and immediately start complaining "IT'S SO SMAAAAAAAL - I don't think our furniture would fit in here". But please, resist the urge. Don't lower yourself into believe that shit is real.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2017 1:00 PM

Why are they so mad at a kitchen that can keep food away from the vultures?

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2017 1:06 PM

I think one of the funniest I saw was a gay couple looking for a house in Palm Springs. One of the men insisted that he didn't want to even see any houses that had only oval toilets, he wanted elongated. To me he was trying to tell everyone his huge cock simply wouldn't fit in a round toilet, but he never said that out loud. They would reject every house that didn't have elongated toilets when for probably under $500 you could change any toilet.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2017 1:20 PM

OP, why do you watch such shit if it bugs you? I stopped watching HGTV about 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2017 3:13 PM

[quote] You do realize all these people are coached and the shows are heavily scripted, don't you?

Which is also why they all always use the same words.

For example, it's almost always the woman who says "charm" and "character."

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2017 7:47 PM

For eons, women have been preparing delicious meals using only the most basic, and sometimes even primitive equipment.

Today's modern gal cannot prepare a microwavable meal unless she has granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances,white subway tile, and the kitchen must be open to the rest of the house so she can keep her demon seeds from killing one another while she sticks shit in the microwave.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2017 8:10 PM

R17, you NAILED IT.

Entitled and lazy fucks.

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2017 9:07 PM

They have a show called Vintage Flip which just did one of the ugliest flips I've ever seen.

And yet it sold for nearly 900K.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2017 1:38 AM

[quote] Which is also why they all always use the same words.

Yeah, they all use the same words and phrases, like "This will be great for entertaining!" or, on House Hunters International, "We need to be close to the city center."

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2017 1:49 AM

HHI:

"How can I possibly cook Thanksgiving dinner in THAT oven?"

You're in Northern Italy, you fat whore! There is no Thanksgiving there!

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2017 12:24 AM

I just saw ADRIAN LEEDS, bitches! Be jealous!

She was fabulous as usual, reading some dumb blonde bitch and her cute but dumb husband for filth about their unrealistic expectations.

When they were shocked at the small fridge: "We shop by the day here....NOT by the week!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2017 2:43 AM

I want a Mediterranean house with an Italian kitchen. Then, upon seeing it and these a-holes have a fit. How is this a good show?

This show use to focused on backpackers types and culture. I do not want to see some barely graduated lawyer who snorted too much Ritalin looking for a house/rental. WTF, did you do to this show?

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2017 3:03 AM

I love ADRIAN LEEDS. But, they do need to give her better people.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2017 3:05 AM

Rarely, does anyone on these shows discuss the quality of the schools. I have never heard anyone ask about taxes. When it comes to neighborhoods. people ask about restaurants, bars and club; somehow they forget to ask about pharmacies, supermarkets, dry cleaners, etc. No one seems to care as to the cost to heat and cool a big house with an open floor plan and/or high ceilings

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2017 4:31 AM

What is the frau obsession with white kitchen cabinets?

This one stupid bitch said she had to gut the whole kitchen because it had granite counter tops and dark cabinets. "This is just unacceptable." I was like, WHAT THE FUCK???!!!

These people are so fucking delusional.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2017 10:43 PM

White looks dirty very quickly.

Lighter shades/colors I get - I don't like dark cabinets. But a lot of the white cabinets they show are builder grade. Dirty in six months.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2017 12:13 AM

House Hunters proves out the theory that most people can't see envision a bunch of low-cost changes to things that "ruin" a house for them.

I have a cousin who has made a lot of money on this--buying up old lady or guido houses, redecorating to look like a Pottery Barn catalog and selling them for a lot more money.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2017 12:19 AM

I love how La Leeds basically laughs in everyone's face once they give her their budget for the Parisian flat of their dreams.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2017 12:41 AM

I haven't watched HH in a couple of years, but I'd watch daily if it was "Adrian Leeds: House Hunters". Bitch is the bomb.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2017 12:59 AM

I love Adrian Leeds and also love the bearded British queen who's a real estate agent...Richard Bianco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2017 1:37 AM

[R31] I love both Adrian @ Richard! They should give those 2 their own show

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2017 1:53 AM

Adrian is the bomb. LOVE HER. And I do like that British bloke-richard. He is soooo polite and can find a garden in London. How is this even possible?

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2017 6:08 AM

I want Richard to show me his extremely hairy cock. That's an English garden I can get behind!

(or rather, in front of)

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2017 3:18 PM

I'm confused.

Who are Adrian and Richard, and what do they have to do with House Hunters?

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2017 10:00 PM

Richard shows them a real shithole district in this clip.

& 'cute' in the real world is the guy who's looking...and the dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2017 10:48 PM

Adrian? the gurl in Paris?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2017 10:50 PM

I thought I was alone in my love for Adrienne. I was sort of mad in her list recent appearance though. Not once did she wear a beret!

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2017 11:17 PM

R35 If you take five seconds to look upthread, at R22 and R31, you'll see who we are talking about.

They are realtors who appear on House Hunters International. Thus, they are discussed here.

by Anonymousreply 39November 14, 2017 11:20 PM

[quote] They are realtors who appear on House Hunters International

In all the time I've been watching House Hunters (US and International), there have been no regular "hosts" or agents.

It has always been some local RA who shows the buyers around, and the RA's have always been different, depending on the city.

I've never seen a repeat agent, come to think of it.

by Anonymousreply 40November 14, 2017 11:24 PM

R40 Richard and Adrian have both been on multiple episodes. Adrian may be their star go-to person for Paris, since she has her fans; I think Richard is one of several for London and the suburbs.

I have to say I can't remember ever seeing the same agent twice on the domestic shows, though. And I've seen a handful of other agents on HHI who have appeared more than once - there's a Katerina Witt lookalike that I think has done multiple shows for.....mmm, maybe Germany or Austria. But it doesn't happen often. Adrian and Richard are the outliers.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2017 11:30 PM

Thank you, R41. That makes it clear. I was beginning to think that I was watching some other show.

I'll watch for those two next time. However, HH Int'l is pretty diverse as far as countries, and I only occasionally catch an episode where they're in the UK or Germany/Austria.

I've seen a few in Africa, lots in the Caribbean and Mexico, one in Hungary, a couple in small French towns, etc. Rarely the UK and never in Germany.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2017 11:39 PM

They used to do more European cities but seem to be going more for Caribbean/coastal locations. They just had a German one in the last few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2017 11:40 PM

I enjoyed the Belgium, Italy, and Amsterdam episodes. Those HGTV HHI episodes are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2017 11:45 PM

My favorite HHI episodes were in Capetown SA, Johannesburg SA, this tiny village in France, and another tiny village in Ireland.

The homes in Capetown were very nice but expensive. In Johannesburg, they were nice and affordable. In France, they were nice, but really old. And in Ireland, it was quaint, but far from town.

by Anonymousreply 45November 14, 2017 11:50 PM

The best thing is Tiny House Hunters , where the hunters will first tell you how they want to down size and then complain how small the houses are .

by Anonymousreply 46November 14, 2017 11:57 PM

Are there a lot of places now where you can hook up a mobile home? I do not think so. I do not get this show. I do not think it is a trend or fad at all.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2017 1:08 AM

OMG. This HHI with a couple where he makes smoothies and she teaches yoga. And yet somehow they could afford $1300 a month. WTF

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2017 1:18 AM

Drugs.

Wanna buy some?

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2017 3:39 AM

Adrian Leeds in a bi-national treasure. Please do not let UGLY Americans move to Paris, France.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2017 4:07 AM

my favorite is always when the fat frau shits all over each of the three houses and then moves in and "redecorates" with her tacky-ass shit, with gross colors and cheap finishes. I also wonder after appearing on this show, how many wives have been killed by their husbands?

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2017 4:38 AM

I have the hots for the husband at R36.

I wonder if the RA went back to blow him in their new home, while the wife was away at work?

He looks the type.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2017 7:58 PM

I miss Sandra "Jugs" Rinomato.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2017 8:03 PM

If I see one more TV commercial with those fucking Gaineses I'm going to shit on my TV screen.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2017 8:36 PM

or just change the channel?

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2017 9:54 PM

I've read that some of the RAs are actually just friends pretending to show a house because they don't get much money to be on the show and it does take up time that they could put to better use.

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2017 10:27 PM

I miss Suzanne Whang

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2017 2:02 AM

R57: You can't beat the Whang for entertainment!

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2017 2:16 AM

Why do people appear on HH? I assume they are paid, but is it very much? What else do they have to gain? They’ve already bought the houses. The scripts are terrible and make them look like obnoxious idiots. Is seeing themselves on TV. Really worth it? Are there other financial reasons for doing this?

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2017 2:29 AM

R59 With some people I assume they have a business to promote, or something like that.

But I think a lot of other people are just sucked in by the attention.

Financials are small - I read that the couple gets $500. Not each, not per day....PERIOD. And that's taxed.

I have to say this: There's been a number of times when I knew an area they were showing, or was interested in a neighborhood of a house they were showing, and if I caught a glimpse of the house number, or some other identifying thing, I've been able to find it online.

(This is how I learned that they make up the prices, when they had a house in a suburb of Chicago they claimed was 1.2M (way over budget) but I found it online for 500K (well under their budget.)

Anyway, for some houses it can be easy to find them with a little Googling, and I personally would not want that attention, or have someone know that much about me and my home, for safety reasons.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2017 12:42 PM

The next person on the show that says "curb appeal," I will take a fucking AXE to!

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2017 10:37 PM

Curb appeal

All in

Charm and character

Open concept

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2017 10:39 PM

DON’T FORGET THE CROWN MOLDING!!!

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2017 10:48 PM

Exactly, R62!

These stupid breeder couples think that they're so smart by parroting all of these terms that they THINK make them look smart.

They're just a bunch of dumb sheep.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2017 10:48 PM

Nix the hillbillies and get Adrian LEEDS her own show. I LOVE HER.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2017 12:10 AM

Pet peeves for these shows (which depress me so much I can't watch anymore) 1: the couples who tell you they need a huge living/dining room because "we entertain SO MUCH"! Look, if your friends like you, they'll come to where ever you are. But you don't need to tell us over and over how you entertain "SOOOOO MUUUUUUCH!!!" 2: the people who need an enormous back yard for their (usually miniature) dog. There was a time dogs were just happy to have an outdoor area. Unless you're leaving them out there for a month or something, they really don't need THAT much room. They're basically just going to take a nap till you come home, anyway. 3: the people who come in and gripe about the neat old kitchens and bathrooms, practically yelling, "All this would have to GO!" Haven't they ever seen 1930's tile before? Do they know how much all that stuff costs at Liz's Antique Hardware in L.A.? Basically, they're ready to trash rooms that look how Martha Stewart would do them, with some fresh paint. Those shows are just VOMITOUS!

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2017 12:24 AM

"that's what I'm talking 'bout!"

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2017 1:16 AM

R64, you DO realize that all of the shows are scripted, so they say what they are told to say.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2017 1:19 AM

I caught an episode last night with a couple from Massachusetts who had a budget of between 2 and 3 MILLION DOLLARS!

They were hilarious because the guy wanted an old colonial home, and the lady wanted a brand new home. How in the fuck will they ever agree on a house??? But they did.

And when the agent showed them a home with 5 acres, they said it wasn't enough land! They own 6 alpacas, and said that they need tons of farmland for them.

They finally decided on a house built in 1640 (!!!) on 28 acres of land, for 1.4 million dollars.

That was a very interesting episode.

by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2017 1:11 AM

I often wonder where some of the young couples who are featured get their money -- "I'm an aspiring musician and my wife teaches yoga classes. Our budget is $1.4 million."

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2017 1:59 AM

It's no longer a master bathroom, it's en suite.

by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2017 2:11 AM

When people looking in a city say the neighbors are too close, I think are these people swingers or coke dealers?

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2017 2:11 AM

R70, I always assume that parents are helping. My aunt earns 130k, had a 730 credit score, and no substantial debt, but she was only approved for $380K. This wouldn't be an issue except she lives in the Bay Area. Maybe it was ageism. I have no idea how some of these young people are getting approved for so much.

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2017 2:27 AM

There was a woman who moved to Athens, Greece from Indiana, and her rental budget was $500. FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!

And you wouldn't believe the apartments that she was shown. Some really beautiful places, and she was STILL complaining! Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2017 4:30 AM

I was in a waiting room the other day when Fixer Upper was playing.

A really hot dude was in there with his GF and she asked him the names of the Fixer Upper stars. (You would think a People reading fraulein would know, but she didn't.)

Hot Dude looked at her and said, "That guy's name is Hey, It's That Asshole Again."

I laughed.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2017 10:11 PM

Every time I see Adrian Leeds on HHI I think: "We might be just a terrorist attack away from affordable real estate in Le Marais."

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2017 10:51 PM

"Newlyweds 23 year old Jill and 25 year old Joe are looking for their first starter home. With a budget of 3.5 million..."

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2017 11:27 PM

These shows are for lazy non-working unskilled housewife bitches to fantasize over. They're entirely scripted and fake as fuck. Their audience are women whose "career" goal was to marry some guy and have him pay for them for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2017 11:43 PM

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE to have WHITE CABINETS!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2017 10:17 PM

I miss John Gidding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2017 10:19 PM

"the people who come in and gripe about the neat old kitchens and bathrooms, practically yelling, "All this would have to GO!"

I hate the people who go into a 5 to 10 year old house and pronounce the kitchens and bathrooms as dated and they ABSOLUTELY MUST be discarded.

What an ecological disaster.

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2017 10:29 PM

Just watched an episode from Columbus where the guy was a short youngish guy, kinda cute, and his wife looked for all the world like his mom.

He had a big schnoz, though. Probably packing.

by Anonymousreply 82November 30, 2017 1:33 AM

lawd

by Anonymousreply 83November 30, 2017 10:59 PM

I do like the sexy ex-military African American gentleman doing the new Flip or Flop Fort Worth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2017 1:46 PM

I would be happy to never hear the phrases "forever home," or "make it our own." NO ONE talks like that in real life.

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2017 5:30 AM

Screw your other Real Estate agents.

I just caught an episode of HH International, and the agent in Manchester UK was so damned hot!

His name is Wayne Eastman, and I could watch him all day long.

He also seems gay to me. I'm in love...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 5, 2017 1:29 PM

Anyone know of Wayne Eastman in Manchester?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 5, 2017 1:33 PM

I don't believe that the Scott brothers are straight. Drew looks painfully awkward with his Asian fiance.

by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2017 3:05 AM

R88 - I know, right? And it's awful to say - but there's some portion of the population that thinks that there's a higher percentage of gay men who marry asian women.

Some folks say.

by Anonymousreply 89December 6, 2017 3:08 AM

[quote] Drew looks painfully awkward with his Asian fiance.

Well, we all know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 90December 6, 2017 3:17 AM

I liked the Masters of Flip people but they don't seem to be making any more shows.

by Anonymousreply 91December 6, 2017 11:01 PM

Gah, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel lately on HH.

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2017 5:17 PM

I'm sorry, but there is no way Drew Scott is even remotely heterosexual. He looks so absolutely uncomfortable around his stinkfish that it's not even funny.

He's gayer than glitter covered unicorn shit.

by Anonymousreply 93December 20, 2017 2:05 AM

I really like Flip or Flop Fort Worth. And while I usually don't get into dudes with dreads, Andy is a fucking stud.

by Anonymousreply 94December 20, 2017 10:39 PM

Omg I just caught an episode of HHI in Amsterdam, and the hottest stud real estate agent was on the show.

His name is Damian Winkelman, and I fell in love with him. He has quite the bubble butt too!

Damn, I was hoping he was gay, but I guess not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 20, 2017 11:26 PM

[Quote] I don't believe that the Scott brothers are straight.

It was fun watching them on Tiffani Thiessen's cooking show. Ross Matthews was flirting with both of them lol

by Anonymousreply 96December 20, 2017 11:34 PM

Damn, look at Damian's chest. Nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 20, 2017 11:36 PM

That was Utrecht. I thought the husband on that one was way hotter than Damian.

The wife was a bug eyed cow, though, and an HH/HHI caricature.....the wife who's pretty in wedding photos but has packed on weight and become a huge cow in the intervening years.

by Anonymousreply 98December 21, 2017 1:47 AM

There was a Chicago real estate agent on House Hunters the other night named Jason, and he was SO fucking hot. Kinda reminded me of Scott Caan. Hairy, masculine short dude who you just know would throw a hot, mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 99December 21, 2017 1:49 AM

Do you mean Rassario?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 21, 2017 2:22 AM

is House Hunters fake? someone said it is, that the couple has already bought the house and moved in even though they are supposably shopping for a new one?

by Anonymousreply 101December 21, 2017 5:39 AM

The nice thing about House Hunters is that they often have gay couples on the show, buying a home together.

That's kind of cool.

by Anonymousreply 102December 21, 2017 3:00 PM

[quote] is House Hunters fake? someone said it is, that the couple has already bought the house and moved in even though they are supposably shopping for a new one?

Oh, honey. Everyone knows that. They don't work with a couple unless they have a house under contract. It's definitely faked that there's ever a choice.

[quote] The nice thing about House Hunters is that they often have gay couples on the show, buying a home together.

I would have agreed with you a year ago, but I've seen far fewer gay or lesbian couples this year. I think HGTV has made a push to the right, to satisfy the Xtian fraus that watch. Also probably the reason they didn't pick up "Down To The Studs" which was basically a flip show with two cute husbands.

Instead, we have a whole lotta husband/wife flip shows, including the Gaineses and the new HomeTown couple with the tall bearish dude, they are really fundie too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 21, 2017 4:03 PM

& they always seem to choose from just 3 houses.

I'd want to see more than 3.

by Anonymousreply 104December 21, 2017 4:05 PM

When HGTV was first getting started, it was about the house, the garden and real estate in general. The network had a program comparing three similar houses in three markets -- an expensive one (ie, San Diego), a mid-level market (ie Cincinnati) and an inexpensive market (Altoona, Pa.)

As for House Hunters, how many straight men -- let alone gay or bi-sexual men -- would know what a tray ceiling or wainscotting is.

by Anonymousreply 105December 21, 2017 4:56 PM

[quote] As for House Hunters, how many straight men -- let alone gay or bi-sexual men -- would know what a tray ceiling or wainscotting is.

There's lots of "Does she know her husband is gay" moments on HH.

But also, they're all coached on what to say, which is why so many of the participants say the same things, like "character" and "charm" and "clean lines," a term that not everyone knows outside of a design studio.

by Anonymousreply 106December 21, 2017 4:58 PM

This gurl talks about getting the gig on HGTV when she moved to England.

Unfortunately, she rambles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 21, 2017 5:10 PM

[quote] I would have agreed with you a year ago, but I've seen far fewer gay or lesbian couples this year.

I've actually seen a lot of gay couples on HH and HHI lately. (More so than on HGTV's other shows.)

[quote] Also probably the reason they didn't pick up "Down To The Studs" which was basically a flip show with two cute husbands.

I'm assuming they didn't pick up "Down to the Studs" because it was yet another generic flip show that brought nothing new (other than the fact that the guys are gay). I saw the pilot that they aired, and it wasn't much.

by Anonymousreply 108December 21, 2017 5:15 PM

[quote] But also, they're all coached on what to say, which is why so many of the participants say the same things, like "character" and "charm" and "clean lines," a term that not everyone knows outside of a design studio.

It's also why everyone on House Hunters says the dining room or family room would be "great for entertaining" and why everyone on House Hunters International says they want to be "close to the city center."

by Anonymousreply 109December 21, 2017 5:19 PM

House Hunters and all their iterations is produced by Pie-Town Productions, named for P-Town. It's owned by two older lesbians with bad teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 22, 2017 3:21 AM

The other night there was a dad moving to Hawaii with his 16-year old son. The kid was constantly going on about stainless steel appliances and open concept. What teenage guy knows or cares about that stuff? Did they feed him the lines usually reserved for the wife?

by Anonymousreply 111December 22, 2017 4:50 AM

I love the gays couples.

I love the adventurous couples.

I despise the religious nut jobs.

I despise the people who are afraid to live in a foreign county, (eyeroll: they are moving to a capital city in Europe).

J'adore Adrian Leeds

Take notes: HGTV Exes

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2017 10:22 AM

Well I get tired of the gay couples always get typecast as big entertainers. Oh, this would be good for parties...

I Throw a party about once a year. How many of you married homebodies really entertain that much?

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2017 10:45 AM

" I can picture us sitting on the balcony in the morning,, sipping our coffee"

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2017 11:48 AM

are man caves still a thing? there was a time when having one was a prerogative. dude, if you need an extra room to hide from your wife, you might need to reconsider this marriage instead fo buying a house. and they'd make them butt ugly, too.

by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2017 12:27 PM

[quote] There was a Chicago real estate agent on House Hunters the other night named Jason, and he was SO fucking hot. Kinda reminded me of Scott Caan. Hairy, masculine short dude who you just know would throw a hot, mean fuck.

I know exactly who you're talking about! I totally had the hots for him, too.

He was showing this asian couple around Chicago, and the wife was a real nag. I was imagining the RA and the husband getting it on, lol.

Anyway, my favorite thing about him was how he REFUSED to say "en suite." He kept calling it the "master bathroom."

HA! Fuck you HGTV cunts. Dudebro says NO to the fancy terms.

by Anonymousreply 116December 24, 2017 2:46 AM

I tried finding him online but no luck, R116. If I do I'll post his hot little scruffy mug here.

by Anonymousreply 117December 28, 2017 12:10 AM

Of course, I knew as soon as I typed that at R117 I'd find him.

Jason Merel. Seeing him walk and talk is what makes him sexy....confident and cocky. Yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118December 28, 2017 1:42 AM

Hmm, interesting, he was a teacher first. And huskier here, but still cute.

Married.....bummer. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 28, 2017 1:44 AM

so are Tarek and Xtina never coming back?

(I can do without Xtina's lisp but Tarek is hot in a dumb surfer dude way)

by Anonymousreply 120December 28, 2017 11:56 AM

Have Chip & Joanna ever worked with an African American couple or gay couple? I know they're confined to Waco, but still...

by Anonymousreply 121December 31, 2017 8:00 AM

Chip seemed very drunk during portions of the episode that aired tonight.

by Anonymousreply 122December 31, 2017 9:25 AM

They had a couple on yesterday with a HOT husband.....talk and lanky with nice biceps.

My no no hole quivered.

by Anonymousreply 123December 31, 2017 1:48 PM

r80 so many men that i go absolute gaga over, in terms of attractiveness, look similar to this. what is the ethnic cultural mix of people that have these very specific features? (slim nose, prominent bone structure, low brow bone and heavy, almost epicanthic, eye fold)

by Anonymousreply 124December 31, 2017 2:04 PM

[quote] f you need an extra room to hide from your wife, you might need to reconsider this marriage instead fo buying a house.

Oh I don't know. As obnoxious as it is when people talk about man caves, everyone needs their privacy and space now and then. In days of yore fathers had their dens - even Ward Cleaver had his. Not sure what mothers did. Laundry room? Sewing room? Studio?

It's just that man caves seem like a little boy's room only with money. When did people stop growing up when they grew up?

by Anonymousreply 125December 31, 2017 3:18 PM

It's more shit people can't afford and go into debt to have.

by Anonymousreply 126December 31, 2017 7:46 PM

Chip and Joanne had a mixed race couple on one show. White man, a coach at the college, with an AA wife who was a former Olympian(??)

by Anonymousreply 127December 31, 2017 7:53 PM

Egads, just saw an agent on a new Palm Springs HH that made Richard Simmons and Charles Nelson Reilly look butch in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 128January 2, 2018 3:10 AM

My pet peeve is double sinks in the bathroom. I don't want to be in the bathroom when my partner is in there and I don't need to be shaving or brushing my teeth at the exact same time. There needs to be some privacy. If we need to get ready at the same time, one of us uses the guest bathroom. If it were a regular thing that we needed to get ready at the exact same time, one of us would put all their toiletries in the guest bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 129January 2, 2018 3:36 AM

Sorry, but we need the double vanities so we can get ready at the same time. We love to entertain, you know, so we must not tarry.

by Anonymousreply 130January 2, 2018 3:56 AM

I LOVED his black and white floral jacket R128 ! He had a dramatic "look" but dammit,the queen was pulled together and impeccably groomed . More people should make such an effort!

by Anonymousreply 131January 2, 2018 4:45 AM

chip and joanne gaines are horrific christians who hate gays.

by Anonymousreply 132January 2, 2018 5:53 AM

R125, good point. but where is HER privacy/relax room? and please don't say kitchen now... i've seen couples looking for a party cellar or something. seems more fair.

by Anonymousreply 133January 2, 2018 7:01 PM

Come on, we all know "man cave" is code for masterbatorium. When I'm watching these shows and they say, "Dave wants a man cave." I always replace that in my head with "Dave wants a place where he can beat off to porn in private."

by Anonymousreply 134January 2, 2018 8:23 PM

The open concept, two sinks, countertops shit is mostly about what the companies what HGTV to SELL to their audience. HH used to vary a lot more, but these days, almost all of them are the same.

Some of the style ideas are nice, but honestly, I don't give a shit about half of what they talk about. I want a yard that has at least a little space from neighbors. I would love a master bedroom that doesn't face east, because I've had one that gets stuffy in the morning for years. I want to make sure there's no leaking, no flooding and that wires and plumbing are good. And I'd be curious to find out any crazy neighbors, or any legal limitations (if they won't approve minor/moderate rehabs or additions, etc) up front.

I could give a rat's ass whether the countertop is marble, granite or quartz.

by Anonymousreply 135January 2, 2018 8:29 PM

If Chip and Joanna wanted to expand outside of Waco, they could. They're the top rated design show on HGTV, they can pretty much do whatever they want. The opted to use Waco as their home base because of their kids and their church and also as an excuse to only have white heterosexual couples. While I've never been to Waco, I'm pretty certain they have gays there. Now, they may not have gays that want Joanna's style in their house. I think it is pretty interesting that HGTV let them get away with having so little diversity on their show. When the uproar first started, you got a couple of mixed race couples thrown into the mix. I'm will to bet that the majority of their "home owners" actually come from their church. A friend worked on one of these shows for 15 years and there is a lot of fakery going on.

by Anonymousreply 136January 2, 2018 8:30 PM

Pie Town, the production company that does a lot of the House Hunter shows is owned by two lesbians so HGTV has some gays in its ranks.

by Anonymousreply 137January 2, 2018 8:32 PM

[quote] If Chip and Joanna wanted to expand outside of Waco, they could.

They're done. This is their last season.

And HGTV seems to be weirdly fundie these days. They've forgotten that gays helped make their channel, and have made a whole bunch of shows with Southern fundie couples.

They were never going to have a gay couple on their show. The whole "we're rooting for everyone" hides how fucking homophobic and hateful they are.

by Anonymousreply 138January 2, 2018 8:33 PM

No, R121. They once had a Latina buying a house with her mom. Like R127 mentioned one mixed-raced couple and that was it. It's been all-white, all the time.

I stopped watching some time ago so I don't know more.

There was a somewhat hot dude buying a house for himself. But why would a single dude need a big house??

by Anonymousreply 139January 2, 2018 11:13 PM

R139 I remember that dude, a tall ex-jock, dorky but still hot. But they still had, like, Bible verses or some shit on his walls.

by Anonymousreply 140January 2, 2018 11:16 PM

They have some ridiculous magazine that I've seen every time I'm at SAMs. I swear I don't think a single copy has been sold. It has Joanna on the cover all styled up in some winter storm. Bitch is trying to be Oprah.

I hate Oprah too.

by Anonymousreply 141January 2, 2018 11:22 PM

Joanna has a smelly snatch

by Anonymousreply 142January 3, 2018 2:01 PM

And apparently a full one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 3, 2018 2:12 PM

God, you just know that they'll film a special like "Fixing Up The Nursery" or some shit like that

by Anonymousreply 144January 3, 2018 2:26 PM

"I'm Shitting Out Another Baby!"

A very SPECIAL Fixer Upper, coming soon!

by Anonymousreply 145January 3, 2018 4:30 PM

The Gaines' did feature at least one black couple on the show that I know of. I remember the son of the couple pitched in a bit more money so his family could get a little bit more of what they wanted. They didn't live in Waco though iirc.

by Anonymousreply 146January 3, 2018 11:51 PM

Chip and Joanna have quite the empire: The Silos (their retail store), the bakery, their real estate company, their construction company, her licensing deals with target and others. All these businesses are based on them being lifestyle stars. It seems weird that they would walk away from everything that they have built. A friend worked with a celebrity designer a couple of years ago. He had the same type of recognition and product lines but it all goes away when the TV show is off-air. They should be fighting for every TV minute they can get. My hunch is that ABC or someone bigger than HGTV has offered them a deal which they can't publicize until their current TV show has burned through the final season. HGTV is going to rerun their shows for twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 147January 4, 2018 12:09 AM

No, the HGTV shows are as written, rehearsed and phony as the ones on Food Network and as on any so called "Reality" show. I don't like to watch bullshit for fools.

by Anonymousreply 148January 4, 2018 12:48 AM

i cannot stand this show. how a show based in waco, texas did so well is beyond me? I like the HH intl show only. I like the diversity and the adventurous peeps. I despise the people who want an American-sized trendy kitchen in an European apartment or English cottage.

by Anonymousreply 149January 4, 2018 1:08 AM

I really can't see their show (or any iteration of it) on network tv. That's valuable, expensive air time.

Maybe they're moving to Fox 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 150January 4, 2018 1:43 AM

Fox is far too liberal

by Anonymousreply 151January 4, 2018 2:39 AM

Maybe Netflix or Amazon offered them a deal. Lifestyle programming is a lot cheaper to produce than expensive dramas.

by Anonymousreply 152January 4, 2018 3:45 AM

Not the Fox network. The fake news place. Trump TV, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 153January 4, 2018 6:05 AM

There was a couple in Paris the other night.

I was watching with my friends and introduced them to the international treasure that IS Ms. Adrian Leeds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2018 8:58 PM

imagine my surprise when I saw not 1 but 2 gay couples last night on HH!!!

There was a very cute and young couple with a baby lookin for a home in Seattle and another pair that wanted a home in the ‘burbs of Connecticut

The white lady looked somewhat older than the AA woman.

by Anonymousreply 155January 5, 2018 9:06 PM

I saw them too. The guys were cute, but the bitch in me could only focus on how one of them BADLY needed some teeth whitener.

by Anonymousreply 156January 5, 2018 10:18 PM

I'd much rather watch a show featuring La Leeds than fundie frau Joanna rubbing her cooch over some shiplapp while trying badly to pretend she is entertained by the man-child she's married to

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2018 1:01 AM

When is that damn show going to end?

I'm sick of looking at those fundie, asshole, hypocritical faces.

by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2018 1:14 AM

What got me about them R155 is the way they went on about their needs and never mentioned the baby! They talked about the goddamn dog more than that child. I found them bland and boring really,and i agree about the ugly teeth.

by Anonymousreply 159January 6, 2018 2:49 AM

you never see Jews on House Hunters!

by Anonymousreply 160January 6, 2018 2:55 AM

If the doesn't end soon [R158] you might have to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 161January 6, 2018 3:44 AM

Just give adrian leeds a show. Love her

by Anonymousreply 162January 6, 2018 10:25 AM

I’m moving to Paris, you think La Leeds will be available to personally take me around apartment hunting? Or does she have underlings to do the actual leg work?

by Anonymousreply 163January 6, 2018 10:43 AM

The first couple times I saw Leeds on HH, I couldn't stand her. But I quickly grew to love her, to the point where I don't even remember why my initial reaction was negative.

I haven't watched HH in 3 or 4 years, but if I knew a Leeds episode was going to air, I'd record it.

by Anonymousreply 164January 6, 2018 1:33 PM

Only once -- with a gay male couple looking at row houses in Baltimore -- have the House Hunters brought out tape measures to see if their furniture would fit. When my parents were looking at houses, they kept a couple of tape measures in the car to take with them in case they would happen to attend an open house

by Anonymousreply 165January 6, 2018 6:35 PM

I've never understood the thing about furniture fitting in a new home. Most of the time people are looking at 500k + houses. Are you really going to make a decision on a house based on whether your $500 table from Crate and Barrel fits. Buy some new fucking furniture!!!!

by Anonymousreply 166January 7, 2018 12:21 AM

R155 and others who caught the gay male couple and lesbian couple on HH's, looks like we all saw it! And I was happy to see gay couples on both episodes.

The most shocking thing about the gay male couple was that they bought that HIDEOUS storybook house for 1.3 million dollars. Are they fucking NUTS??!!!

The whole house was tacky as hell, from the fishponds, to the waterfalls, to the rock features in the bathrooms, to the horror of it all. And that house needed major renovation!

I was shocked and appalled that this seemingly normal gay couple would ever buy such a monstrosity of a home.

The lesbian couple made a much better choice, even if it was a bit cookie-cutter.

by Anonymousreply 167January 7, 2018 12:27 AM

[quote] The first couple times I saw Leeds on HH, I couldn't stand her. But I quickly grew to love her, to the point where I don't even remember why my initial reaction was negative.

me too, exactly

by Anonymousreply 168January 7, 2018 12:50 AM

[quote] Joanna rubbing her cooch over some shiplapp while trying badly to pretend she is entertained by the man-child she's married to

You know she's fucking her carpenter dude.....the tension when she goes to see him is off the charts.

by Anonymousreply 169January 7, 2018 12:39 PM

R167 Those were two ugly queens and an even uglier house.

Someone should save the baby AND the dog. You can tell the queenier of the two will be a day drinker channeling Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 170January 7, 2018 7:29 PM

R169 I've always thought that Clint (the carpenter) and JoAnna were having an affair.

by Anonymousreply 171January 7, 2018 7:51 PM

I refuse to see this show any longer so I haven't really seen their more recent interactions but I never got that vibe from them.

by Anonymousreply 172January 7, 2018 9:32 PM

Let's not talk about those Waco wackos. I hate those assholes and their ass faces.

by Anonymousreply 173January 7, 2018 9:34 PM

was this the storybook house?

if not it's similar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 8, 2018 3:10 PM

I wish HGTV would go back to the days when they actually had design and gardening shows and more than four personalities. They might as well change their name to the Real Estate Channel. Remember people like Christopher Lowell, Carol Duval, Debbie Travis, Candice Olson, Kitty Bartholomew, Sandra Rinomato, Sarah Richardson, Matt James and so many others. Many were Canadian or UK but still had great shows. I'm so tired of the Scott brothers, the gaines' and the Flip and Flop mess.

by Anonymousreply 175January 8, 2018 10:21 PM

I wish they even had some of the Canadian shows. There was a hot guy in Canada (Jason?) who did home stuff but it wasn't always flipping.

I have Sling and can watch 2 or 3 days back, so even if they played a few of those in AM hours, I'd be happy. At this point, other than Flea Market Flip, it's all house flips all the time.

by Anonymousreply 176January 8, 2018 10:29 PM

I stand corrected. Hot Canadian guy is Bryan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177January 8, 2018 10:38 PM

Designer’s Challenge needs to come back. They also did a yard based version. Loved that show.

by Anonymousreply 178January 8, 2018 10:48 PM

Designer's Challenge rocked!!

by Anonymousreply 179January 9, 2018 3:55 AM

When I have a cold and can't sleep, HH is great to get me back to sleep.

Always blown away when people IRL and on DL don't understand that it's all scripted that they already own the house when they sign the contract.

re: Chip and Joanna Gaines: Waco seems like a small city. How many charming houses in need of shiplap can there be in that town? Won't they run out soon?

by Anonymousreply 180January 9, 2018 3:59 AM

Those of you who watch it all the time-- do they ever show small houses in "desirable" coastal cities, the ones were a small 3BR/1BA can go for around $1M?

Figuring that's good real estate pron for people in red states

by Anonymousreply 181January 9, 2018 4:03 AM

I'm always amazed that Fixer Upper lasted as long as it did. Waco is only a bit over 100,000 in population with Baylor as the largest employer. How many people could possibly be moving there? On top of that, now many are interested in Joanna's very specific updated farmhouse style?

by Anonymousreply 182January 9, 2018 4:04 AM

R182 Vast majority of the people on the show are in Chip and Joanna's mega church. From what I heard and I know people in the HGTV world, to be on the show, you had to actually pay the amount of your "budget" and give Joanna COMPLETE freedom to do what she wanted. Plus, none of the furniture stays unless the homeowner buys it. That's why when they revisit the family, it is either immediately after the reveal or if it is later, they shoot them outside and don't show them inside. Also, they only do three or so rooms. The rest of the house is untouched.

by Anonymousreply 183January 9, 2018 4:47 AM

Fixer Upper, the Scott brother shows, Flip/Flop shows are generally unrealistic. They make it look like they're doing everything and the prices quoted for it, especially on Fixer Upper and Flip/Flop, are super unrealistic.

I like the other shows a bit better. I'm sure some of it is faked too, but Home Town is usually forthright about, okay, 70K will get you this. Desert Flippers, same. They don't do everything. (In Palm Springs, it's almost always just de-80s-ifying a house.) And with Good Bones, it's usually a lot more spent and you see they almost always go down to the studs and reinvent it.

by Anonymousreply 184January 9, 2018 11:25 PM

this guy on Restored By The Fords needs a haircut bad

by Anonymousreply 185January 11, 2018 2:48 AM

Well, you can see the difference in price from, let's say Tarek and Christina and the Vegas flippers. Obviously the prices in Vegas are way lower than LA prices.

What do you mean unrealistic? All the Flip or Flop couples give a rundown of their expenses,

Unless you mean they lie about actually selling the properties and the properties don't sell?

by Anonymousreply 186January 11, 2018 11:09 PM

Also, half the fixer upper people live outside of Waco proper. There are tons of little communities around the bigger "city" and that's probably where most of those houses lie.

I drove to Waco awhile ago and there are many, many little towns before you actually get into the city limits.

Now where these people get the hundreds of thousands for those houses is another matter. They can't all be employed by Baylor.

by Anonymousreply 187January 11, 2018 11:14 PM

[quote] What do you mean unrealistic? All the Flip or Flop couples give a rundown of their expenses.

R186 For the shows where I said "unrealistic" I meant that there's just no way that the scale of renovations they're doing could be done for what they say is the budget. Even factoring in that they may get wholesale discounts, and they probably pay their immigrant laborers like shit, it still is usually far less than what a renovation at that scale would actually cost.

I notice this especially with the original Flip or Flop and the Vintage Flip show. The various Flip/Flop shows have a varying degree of realism depending on the area. The Fort Worth ones seem within reason. But the Atlanta ones, it seemed like they were always doing radical renos for like 60K. I don't think so!

Home Town just seems a bit more realistic with what they do for a budget. They are clearly not doing the entire house. Good Bones seems more realistic because their budgets are usually higher, and because they're almost always getting super cheap houses and basically almost rebuilding them from scratch. And Desert Flippers, I noticed, will keep some elements and usually seems realistic, too (I know that market).

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2018 11:36 PM

I was watching the Vegas flippers this afternoon and they showed the blonde getting clearance ceramic tile for less than half of what it was listed for.

The hot husband also helped assemble all the cabinets in the house, which he said was way cheaper than buying them already assembled.

I like the Home Town couple as well.

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2018 11:44 PM

True House Hunter fans will remember Suzanne Whang, the on-camera host for almost a decade before she was fired and replace by a sound-alike voice over artists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190January 12, 2018 10:54 PM

Wang

heh heh

by Anonymousreply 191January 14, 2018 1:51 AM

I find the mother/daughter team on Good Bones absolutely charming. The other shows’ hosts make me gag. Yes I‘ve also seen lots of huge renovations done on these other shows for $50,000 or less when IRL that won’t even pay for a new kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 192January 14, 2018 12:14 PM

Me too R192. I'm as gay as a unicorn full of glitter but I totally have a girl crush on Mina.

by Anonymousreply 193January 14, 2018 2:38 PM

Just saw a new show on HGTV, some sibling renovation team called Ford.

Anyway, I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes...the sister is SO FUCKING fake and annoying. I can't imagine audiences warming up to her. The show's gonna bomb.

by Anonymousreply 194January 14, 2018 2:44 PM

For the longest time I thought Suzanne Whang did the Pearl Cream commercials, too. Turns out that was a different lady.

by Anonymousreply 195January 14, 2018 3:49 PM

R194 I like the sister. She's very sort of NYC early 80s.

It's the brother that annoys the fuck out of me. He mumbles all the time and looks dirty. He doesn't comb his hair.

They remind me of a few years back when they had that weird married couple on that were very sort of faux artsy fartsy, and the wife had this Patti Smith thing going on, but their reveals were always fucking dreadful.

The Fords have done better renos but they fucked that Victorian up really badly.

by Anonymousreply 196January 14, 2018 4:05 PM

This is HGTV-adjacent, but I like Jeff Devlin of DIY's [italic]Stone House Revival.[/italic] Classic BDF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 14, 2018 4:08 PM

Holy fuck, he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 198January 14, 2018 4:09 PM

Andromeda Dunker, current HH narrator.

So only Asian ladies can be narrators?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 14, 2018 4:09 PM

Home improvement hotness

(warning: frau blog)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200January 14, 2018 4:11 PM

Yes r198.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201January 14, 2018 4:12 PM

Oh FUCK yes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202January 14, 2018 4:16 PM

I was watching HomeTown the other day,and that big old teddy bear was showing a worker where the shower was going to be. As they were standing there Teddy remarked on the fact they were standing in the shower together and how uncomfortable that made him. I couldnt believe what I heard,so I backtracked it to make sure . Hes a homophobe,wich is sad cause I really liked him.

by Anonymousreply 203January 14, 2018 5:49 PM

[quote] Hes a homophobe,wich is sad cause I really liked him.

Aren't the Home Town couple in rural Mississippi? It's hardly surprising that they might not be gay-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 204January 14, 2018 7:30 PM

Add me to the chorus of those wanting MORE of the fabulous Adrian Leeds!!! I think they should just make her their “go to” agent for anyone moving to France - and Monaco too! Can you imagine how great it would have been if she were the agent showing the young gayling moving to Monaco what his options were?

While we’re at it, have Richard Blanco (I think that’s his name - bald, beard) the agent for London and surrounding areas. I get a kick out of his comments directly to the camera.

There was this really handsome gay guy in St John in the Virgin Islands, John McCann I think? Haven’t seen him in ages though. Give him some screen time.

I’d love a show about renovating apartments - we all don’t have 2500+ sq ft free standing homes. But I guess the problem there is landlords or co-op boards.

by Anonymousreply 205January 14, 2018 8:07 PM

Richard Bianco is hot in a way.....he's a big ole mary bottom but still.

It would be great to have a show with Adrian and Richard.

by Anonymousreply 206January 14, 2018 8:39 PM

Jeff Devlin has that highly testosteroned jaw that one could crack granite with. He has amazing bone structure and visually is very fucking hot.

Unfortunately, the minute he opens his manly looking mouth he transforms into a, well lets just put it this way.....

if Jim Carrey and Ty Pennington ever had a coke and Adderall fueled gay brother...it would be Jeff Devlin.

And it's not just the voice that marks him down for me. He also has a habit of grimacing while he talks and furrowing his eyebrows which I can't decide if I think it's an affectation or just the natural way his face muscles move. Anyway, it reminds me of a high school principal I had who was a total ASSHOLE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 15, 2018 12:21 AM

I thought the Hometown couple were in TN??

by Anonymousreply 208January 15, 2018 2:00 AM

[quote] I thought the Hometown couple were in TN??

No. Laurel, Mississippi.

by Anonymousreply 209January 15, 2018 2:11 AM

Does it ultimately matter? They’re both trashy

by Anonymousreply 210January 15, 2018 4:14 AM

Hometown has to have a pretty limited shelf life. How many people are moving to fucking Laurel, MS? The population isn't even 19,000.

by Anonymousreply 211January 15, 2018 6:22 AM

Apparently Richard Blanco has been a hit. So much so, he has on his website not to call him if you're looking to move to London. He's not going to help you, though he does give you a tip sheet. I'm not sure if the link will work as it opens a PDF file.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212January 15, 2018 2:43 PM

Daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 15, 2018 2:57 PM

Devlin looks like a Munster.

by Anonymousreply 214January 15, 2018 11:34 PM

R205 YouTube is your friend. Lot's of old Canadian shows about apartments such as Small Spaces and Christopher Lowell did numerous apartments, condos and small spaces during his decade on Discovery and Fine Living.

by Anonymousreply 215January 15, 2018 11:47 PM

I can't stand most of those house flipping and renovation shows. The couples are all fake as fuck with their bullshit little "personality" moments between scenes.

It's just a race to the bottom as to which of them can have the cutest and quirkiest relationship on the block and clinch that lifestyle brand agreement with Target. In reality , they probably all hate each other.

The only ones I can stomach are the flip show from Fort Worth and that mother/daughter team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 15, 2018 11:48 PM

Remember these guys? HGTV put a big push for them a few years back but they just fizzled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 15, 2018 11:49 PM

R217 Yes, THAT was the couple I was trying to remember back in R196.

They were fucking everywhere for about three, four months and then poof, gone.

by Anonymousreply 218January 15, 2018 11:52 PM

[quote]Remember these guys? HGTV put a big push for them a few years back but they just fizzled out.

It seems a LOT of HGTV personalities flame out.

When was the last time you saw Vern Yip, Genevieve Gorder or Carter Oosterhouse?

And they're pretty much purged their gay stars in favor of churchy, faith and family types.

by Anonymousreply 219January 15, 2018 11:58 PM

One of the things that annoyed me about Chip and Joanne would be them allowing kids with food and drinks in the houses they had just staged. Why the fuck would you let an army of rugrats drag cupcakes and drinks into a newly cleaned, furnished home?

by Anonymousreply 220January 15, 2018 11:58 PM

Anyone catching the FINAL season of chip and Joanna? It's creepy. He looks homeless this year and they both look like they can barely stand to be within earshot of each other. Joanna announced she's preggers. My guess is that the whole 'final season' and new baby is trying to stave off off a divorce. (And maybe, just maybe the baby aint Chips! ) We'll see if the baby has a natural predeliction for making custom tables

by Anonymousreply 221January 16, 2018 12:02 AM

R221 LOL! Seriously, maybe it's her carpenter man's baby. Chip looks like he's shooting blanks.

by Anonymousreply 222January 16, 2018 2:47 AM

[quote]r111 The other night there was a dad moving to Hawaii with his 16-year old son. The kid was constantly going on about stainless steel appliances and open concept....

It is not his "son", it's a kidnapped child, probably missing for over a decade.

Did he seem to be signaling anything to the camera??

by Anonymousreply 223January 16, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote]R125 In days of yore fathers had their dens - even Ward Cleaver had his. Not sure what mothers did. Laundry room, sewing room...?

Mothers didn't have a specific sanctuary, back in the day. The best they could do was draw a bubble bath and hope for some peace...

by Anonymousreply 224January 16, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote] The kid was constantly going on about stainless steel appliances and open concept

Because they're all told what to say. It's a script.

by Anonymousreply 225January 16, 2018 10:59 PM

[quote]Chip looks like he's shooting blanks.

Now, how could you possibly think such a thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226January 17, 2018 12:07 AM

[quote]Mothers didn't have a specific sanctuary, back in the day. The best they could do was draw a bubble bath and hope for some peace...

Other than the entire house all day?

by Anonymousreply 227January 17, 2018 12:16 AM

[quote] Other than the entire house all day?

A house full of screaming, shitting crotch droppings is hardly a sanctuary.

Now be useful and fix Mommy a martini, you little flamer!

by Anonymousreply 228January 17, 2018 1:23 AM

Viva La Leeds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229January 17, 2018 3:06 AM

La Leeds is fabulous! I am sure she could carry a show all by herself.

by Anonymousreply 230January 19, 2018 12:30 AM

I would definitely watch a show starring La Leeds where she made stupid, shallow Americans cry because they can't get a 3-bedroom, 3-bath flat in Paris with original charm, and and American-style kitchen for their paltry $100,00 budget

by Anonymousreply 231January 20, 2018 2:16 AM

Adrien is on as we type. Love the red hair. "But it doesn't have the energy of Le Marais!"

by Anonymousreply 232January 20, 2018 3:47 AM

We shop here every day, not every week

by Anonymousreply 233January 20, 2018 3:51 AM

Did Adrien go red? I haven't watched HH in years, but I'd tune in to see THAT.

by Anonymousreply 234January 20, 2018 9:55 AM

R233

I love it too. You know she always says it as if she's looking the American up and down with disdain.

by Anonymousreply 235January 21, 2018 3:43 AM

I need ginger HGTV flip dude to dick slap me until I bleed or he cums, whichever happens first.

by Anonymousreply 236January 21, 2018 3:53 AM

oops forgot this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 21, 2018 3:53 AM

^ick

by Anonymousreply 238January 21, 2018 3:24 PM

House Hunters is fake as hell. I've read numerous times that they require that the couple have already chosen and purchased a house before even filming. Then the production crew picks a couple of other houses to "pretend" like they're interested in. It's all just bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 239January 21, 2018 3:54 PM

Yes, we all know that already.

by Anonymousreply 240January 22, 2018 1:01 AM

Ben Napier makes Mama's mussy wetter than Louisiana marshlands!

by Anonymousreply 241January 23, 2018 2:19 AM

He's a big ole mountain of a man

by Anonymousreply 242January 23, 2018 5:30 PM

I genuinely LOATHED them R217 ! They had ghastly taste,and I dont care how many kids they have,that man is as gay as a goose. Their show failed because they were horrible. That,and they ran out of friends and family who let them ruin their homes.

by Anonymousreply 243January 23, 2018 10:43 PM

The only "Flip" show that I watch is the Ft. Worth one....they're the only couple that seem like actual human beings and not failed actors or musicians.

by Anonymousreply 244January 24, 2018 3:59 AM

I liked the Atlanta couple, too. Mostly because I liked the big 6 foot 5 Italian dude, who probably has dick for days and DAYS.

by Anonymousreply 245January 24, 2018 6:54 PM

The face is abysmal in every online photo, but he's more handsome in person. Very ex-jock mellow kind of guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 24, 2018 6:55 PM

"more handsome in person"

I should say, more handsome on TV....still photos are not his friends

by Anonymousreply 247January 24, 2018 6:56 PM

Does anyone watch the British series "Escape to the Country"? I've been watching it on YouTube. It's more realistic than House Hunters and the homes are lovely. Most of the couples end up not buying any of the homes shown, they prefer to keep looking.

They also have sister programs Escape to the Continent and I Escaped to the Country (shows the hunters after they bought their homes).

One of their presenters, Adrian Hood, is super hot and gives off gay vibes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248January 24, 2018 7:04 PM

Escape to the Continent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 24, 2018 7:05 PM

Netflix also has Escape to the Country

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250January 24, 2018 7:06 PM

All of the British design shows are better than anything HGTV could ever hope to dream up. My favorite is Grand Design (one season is available on Netflix) and my current favorite Homes By the Sea. HBTS host Charlie Luxton pings to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251January 25, 2018 3:13 PM

They had a medical resident and his fiancé looking for a house in my hometown in Florida on recently. One of their requirements was a tub big enough for them to take bubble baths together. I would love to get in the bubbles with the blond hunk if he would lose the fiancé!

by Anonymousreply 252January 27, 2018 12:49 PM

Who is the really good-looking, IMO, guy in the London HHI? Gareth somebody?

by Anonymousreply 253January 27, 2018 12:56 PM

OMG. There was an episode the other night with a woman in Columbus OH searching for a Victorian.

Her gay friend accompanied her and he was so F L A M I N G that both of my eyebrows were burned right off my face.

by Anonymousreply 254January 27, 2018 1:14 PM

I saw that episode! I thought Miss Thing was going to melt my TV. And what is up with people in Columbus acting as if that town ranks with NY and Paris for dining and culture?

by Anonymousreply 255January 29, 2018 4:08 AM

Buying Peeps: Does this come furnish?

RE: Yes

BP: Well, it is not furnished to my taste.

No, it is not. Are you a FUCKING IDIOT? It was furnished by the current owner, not you. How is this a thing? If you do not want the furniture, BUY YOURSELF.

by Anonymousreply 256January 29, 2018 4:57 AM

[quote] I saw that episode! I thought Miss Thing was going to melt my TV. And what is up with people in Columbus acting as if that town ranks with NY and Paris for dining and culture?

For real. Columbus is kinda nice in general for that area, but the houses aren't anything to write home about. Just because cows don't shit in the middle of your dirt road doesn't mean it's the Champs-Élysées. I mean, really.

by Anonymousreply 257January 29, 2018 11:16 PM

Somewhere, Joan Steffend and Suzanne Whang are having shots together.

by Anonymousreply 258February 6, 2018 8:25 PM

That big Ben makes my no no quiver

by Anonymousreply 259February 9, 2018 11:46 PM

You all missed a good one last night.

A hot hot hot latin guy with his Czech wife, living in Miami and moving back to Prague.

Omg, this guy was scorching hot, with bulging, veiny muscles that I couldn't take my eyes off of. He also had a handsome face.

His name was "Frank," but I'm so glad that his wife kept calling him Francisco. I'm guessing that he's either Cuban of Puerto Rican (last name Rodriguez), and between his tight shirt, bulging biceps, and ass for days, I was ready to burst!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260February 10, 2018 12:20 AM

Mmm, daddy!

He should top the real estate agent.

by Anonymousreply 261February 10, 2018 2:41 AM

I agree, R261.

Francisco and Lukasz really seemed to have a connection.

Sorry, Lenka!

by Anonymousreply 262February 10, 2018 9:23 AM

Is the original Flip/Flop ever coming back?

I need to see dumb but hot Tarek and his big feets.

by Anonymousreply 263February 10, 2018 11:30 PM

Rewatched R260 and I would do Frank, the real estate dude and the hot sailor bear. In that order.

He has a few hot photos on his FB....but no mention of a wife.....hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 264February 11, 2018 1:58 AM

Hot 6 foot 7 guy on House Hunters Renovation. Dude had a big nose, huge feet......yum.

by Anonymousreply 265February 12, 2018 3:57 PM

Big Ben was dressed up as a lumberjack this week and I thought I was gonna cum in my shorts when I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 266February 14, 2018 4:11 PM

Where is Adrian Leeds? She has not been on awhile, not happy

by Anonymousreply 267February 16, 2018 7:08 AM

There were two Paris episodes about a month ago. She usually does one about every 2-3 months I think.

by Anonymousreply 268February 16, 2018 7:26 PM

ugh those fucking Fords again

by Anonymousreply 269February 22, 2018 11:05 PM

If there is one house over budget, that's the the one they always go for.

by Anonymousreply 270February 22, 2018 11:08 PM

R19, those personalities (Vern Yip, Genevieve Gorder, Carter Oosterhouse) were originally on TLC, on Trading Spaces. That show is being resurrected with some of the original stars. Last I heard, it returns sometime in April.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271February 23, 2018 12:11 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 272February 23, 2018 4:10 AM

Where is the fabulous Adrian Leeds? Her shows and that amiable brit guy are the best

by Anonymousreply 273February 23, 2018 4:11 AM

Fun Gay Alert: THEY ARE ON a HH show now.

by Anonymousreply 274February 25, 2018 5:13 AM

I just saw the episode of House Hunters Renovation with Garrett and Kristian in West Hollywood. I didn't much care for their choices for their kitchen or bath. But more importantly, their faces seemed very familiar to me. I'm thinking that I must have seen them in porn somewhere. And the more I think of it I'm sure I've seen them in porn, but I can't remember their alias. I thought this was a curious case that only DL could solve. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 275February 25, 2018 12:45 PM

Just saw the dumbest cunt imaginable in a HHI from Frankfurt.

She wanted "character" and "charm" and picked the ugliest, shittiest apartment with a shower in the kitchen.

Bad decision making capabilities.

by Anonymousreply 276February 26, 2018 12:14 AM

Waiting for Big Ben to be shirtless. Need to see that furry chest raw

by Anonymousreply 277February 27, 2018 9:18 PM

R275 does that episode end with a dark haired British friend visiting them?

by Anonymousreply 278February 27, 2018 9:22 PM

Hot muscle daddy buying a place in Puerto Vallarta.....but OMG the friend.....every time he spoke about four hundred purses came flying out of his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 279March 2, 2018 8:07 PM

"Wow, what a huge walk-in closet! My husband will only get about this much of it"

hehe. everyone laughs

by Anonymousreply 280March 2, 2018 8:57 PM

Haven't seen much of Matt Muenster lately....he's a cutie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 4, 2018 6:53 PM

I'm beginning to think the original Flip or Flop folks are never coming back.

And we still haven't seen Tarek's dick yet

by Anonymousreply 282March 6, 2018 11:42 PM

HELL TO THE NO

by Anonymousreply 283March 6, 2018 11:48 PM

[quote] I just saw the episode of House Hunters Renovation with Garrett and Kristian in West Hollywood.

The one with the fake deep voice irritated the fuck out of me. And yes, he does look awful porn-y.

by Anonymousreply 284March 9, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote] And we still haven't seen Tarek's dick yet

I'm only about one year new to HGTV, and it's only because of House Hunters.

So imagine my surprise when I'm just channel surfing, and I come across this hot stud on HGTV named Tarek. I'm shocked that this entire thread isn't about him! He's so damned sexy.

Please give me the low down on him. The dates on his flip/flop show were from a few years ago, so does that mean it was cancelled??? Because all I see now are flip/flop Texas shows. I want to see more Tarek!!

What's his last name so I can start google-stalking him!!

by Anonymousreply 285March 9, 2018 9:28 PM

No comment, r80:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286March 9, 2018 9:54 PM

R285 You must have been under a rock last year! His breakup with his wife was everywhere.

They took a break to let the press calm down but as I understand it, they have a contract for 20 more episodes and they'll be back later this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287March 9, 2018 10:02 PM

Yikes, why did they break up, R287?

The wife seemed kind of bossy on the two episodes that I watched, but she was smart and not annoying.

Was he cheating on her?

by Anonymousreply 288March 9, 2018 10:12 PM

Love Tarek. His shrew of an ex-wife didn't deserve him. He's much more attractive than Christina. Christina made me want to hurl: the Chiclet teeth, the vocal fry, the overly-blonded, parted down the middle hair, blech!

by Anonymousreply 289March 9, 2018 10:47 PM

He had to cheat. She was unable to pleasure his enormous cock on a regular basis.

by Anonymousreply 290March 9, 2018 10:49 PM

Link, please, to said enormous cock, R290, or it's all bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 291March 9, 2018 11:15 PM

I've been watching that lottery dream home thing and David has had same-sex couples several times now.

by Anonymousreply 292March 10, 2018 2:58 AM

The hottie Canadian, Scot Mcgilvery has a new show!

by Anonymousreply 293March 11, 2018 5:41 AM

^^^ Has Scot changed that horribly outdated hairstyle yet?

by Anonymousreply 294March 12, 2018 2:53 PM

It looked the same to me. Although I've never paid particular attention to his hair. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 295March 13, 2018 2:34 AM

still no adrian leeds. Where is she?

by Anonymousreply 296March 13, 2018 4:16 AM

R296 Close your eyes....reach out and I'll be there!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297March 13, 2018 9:39 PM

Just watched a HHI, where the dumb wife and her insane husband buy a pension (B&B) in Austria, while she babbled about how they had to have a family life with their children (he wanted also a building with a bar/restaurant!).

She could not have had any idea whatsoever what her life would be like in changing a dozen beds (even if it's just four or five, that's too many!) a day, washing sheets and towels constantly (or paying up the wazoo to have a professional do them), making a dozen breakfasts and then cleaning up afterwards, etc., etc. Every day, being a maid, a cook, a hostess, a washer-woman. And oh, yeah, a mother and wife.

by Anonymousreply 298March 17, 2018 12:36 AM

I saw that one too R298, and I got the impression that she didn't care about the work in the Pensione because she's not going to do it.

I think I heard her say that the husband was going to run the business, and she was going to take care of the kids.

That's why she didn't give a shit about how many bedrooms the B&B had.

Incidentally, she was a real bitch. I don't know how that guy can stand her.

by Anonymousreply 299March 17, 2018 12:02 PM

r297, I was there! Walked in the footsteps of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" (or perhaps they, mine! I forget when!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 17, 2018 1:23 PM

R298 I saw that a year or so ago when it was first on.

She clearly wasn't having any of the domestic duties.

I think she just moved to Austria for the uncut cock so she could cheat on her hubs.

by Anonymousreply 301March 17, 2018 3:30 PM

Whatever happened to Roger Hazard?

by Anonymousreply 302March 17, 2018 10:40 PM

They've started to re-broadcast some episodes of Trading Spaces on TLC.

by Anonymousreply 303March 17, 2018 10:43 PM

[quote] Whatever happened to Roger Hazard?

He's playing Big Gay Al in a live action version of South Park, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 304March 18, 2018 12:12 AM

They had a terrible HHI with a young woman moving to Australia and her annoying mom.

The mom was literally the human version of Miss Piggy.

by Anonymousreply 305March 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Dad has BDF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306March 23, 2018 2:36 AM

I can't tell if this person looking for a house in Italy is transgender, or just has really manly hands and super big fake funbags.

by Anonymousreply 307March 24, 2018 2:06 AM

There are people who walk into a room and sceam, “This is disgusting! Eww! No way,” and it will be a room that looks like it could be a room in my house. And I think, “Is that what people are thinking when they see my house? That it’s disgusting?” Like, they’ll walk into a bathroom that doesn’t have an enclosed toilet room, separate from the rest of the bathroom. Wtf? There’s no one in the bathroom watching you shit, why is it so important to hide the toilet? And a bathroom is full of water. The toilet flushes bad stuff away. Then you wash you hands at the sink. Now you’re bathroom looks just like it did before you used it. A bathroom, being full of water, is easy to clean and to keep clean, so why all the near-fainting when a toilet is visible?

by Anonymousreply 308April 8, 2018 7:58 PM

Inspired by this thread, just watched a few episodes on youtube. Is Extreme Vocal Fry a requirement for every female that appears on that show? How do these men not kill after being subjected to these voices longer than a couple of hours? (And these are very grown women, not kids).

by Anonymousreply 309April 8, 2018 10:36 PM

the other night was the first time I ever felt sorry for a wife. The husband kept going on and on about what HE wanted in a home, and hilariously, HAD to have wife cabinets in the kitchen OR ELSE!!

by Anonymousreply 310April 8, 2018 10:53 PM

white cabinets!!!

by Anonymousreply 311April 8, 2018 11:30 PM

I think most of the perspective buyers/renters are really funny, but not haha... Recall an Irish-American lass complaining there wasn't enough cabinets for FIVE sets of everyday dishes. I could understand people having two, perhaps even three if they inherited too many, but five of everday ware, not even china was a bit ridiculous. She wanted them all in her kitchen, as she used a different set each day. So many of the terms the men bandy about are most regretful too. A beautiful old home had lovely wide plank pine floors, and he loudly exclaims "love all the hardwoods"! It was perfect for this couple, except it didn't have CROWN MOULDING. Of course, that wasn't appropriate to the style of the architecture. Can't watch this shit show or the channel much anymore.

by Anonymousreply 312April 8, 2018 11:51 PM

This one I just watched with the America Ferrara lookalike with the freaky eyebrows and her flaming Ausiello-looking boyfriend had to be seen to be believed! The very end showed them trying to assemble a piece of furniture and Miss Thing looked at those construction tools like a caveman discovering fire!

by Anonymousreply 313April 9, 2018 12:17 AM

Lol R313, what city was that?

Was it regular HH's or HH International?

by Anonymousreply 314April 9, 2018 12:31 AM

R312, were they in NZ?

The dude was the housekeeper and the lady was a dentist.

I've never seen that hair color in nature before! 😳😳

by Anonymousreply 315April 9, 2018 1:08 AM

R315 That may have been the first couple. Was so long I get the couples confused. That was the last episode I suffered through.

by Anonymousreply 316April 9, 2018 4:00 AM

I love the people who have no fucking money, who hate and want to redo everything. Good Luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 317April 9, 2018 5:52 AM

Our beloved Adrian Leeds was just on. She sold a nice villa to 2 lesbian artists. MORE OF THIS PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 318April 9, 2018 5:56 AM

OMG at "Timmy" from Chicago. Handsome but as nellie as the day is long.

The butch "real estate agent" who was "helping" is obviously his fuck bud.

What adult male goes by "Timmy?"

by Anonymousreply 319April 13, 2018 2:22 AM

And he's a corporate lawyer R319! Clients must be lining up to work with Lassie's pal!

by Anonymousreply 320April 13, 2018 2:46 AM

OMG watching a couple moving to Cape Girardeau, MO (god help them). The wife is totally insane and insists that a house should have 2 kitchens and 2 laundry rooms. They only have 2 kids.

by Anonymousreply 321April 13, 2018 5:09 AM

No good could come of that R321. Even for a college town, Cape Garage Door is not a destination, it is a death sentence. I knew a lad ages ago who stayed there awhile post college. The only thing going for it is cheap rent and lots of grass to smoke.

by Anonymousreply 322April 13, 2018 5:12 AM

It’s really sad when the husband is more whiny/bitchy than the wife about “must haves”. So many closet cases. I cant imagine any straight man is worried about crown molding.

by Anonymousreply 323April 13, 2018 6:59 AM

My sentiments exactly R323. They strive to appear sophisticated, yet demand all these cliches. They love to gild the lilly. They really remind me of entitled and obnoxiously demanding yuppie types from the 80's. It's painfully embarassing to watch how really ignorant they are.

by Anonymousreply 324April 13, 2018 7:15 AM

Especially when they need crown molding in a traditional ranch house- or open concept floor plan in a Victorian. Sickening lack of taste.

by Anonymousreply 325April 13, 2018 7:19 AM

Yes R325 Young, dumb, painfully mainstream, and too much money, too little taste. I also cringe when they talk about installing NEW (prob crap quality) wood floors, rather than keeping and refinishing the floors that are there.

by Anonymousreply 326April 13, 2018 7:24 AM

That was the horrible thing about the Fords - they fucked up every house they touched.

by Anonymousreply 327April 14, 2018 9:52 PM

I gave up on this show, when the two idiots bought the house next to the train tracks.

by Anonymousreply 328April 14, 2018 10:14 PM

It was only the one idiot, the toothy lawyer bottom.

by Anonymousreply 329April 14, 2018 10:44 PM

[R328] but that's bc it had the granite.

by Anonymousreply 330April 14, 2018 11:08 PM

That big Mary and her clawfoot fucking tub. Lawdt.

by Anonymousreply 331April 14, 2018 11:09 PM

This woman in Switzerland looks like Ermagherd Girl.

but her husband's kinda hot in a beefy cornfed prepster sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 332April 15, 2018 1:25 AM

Holy shit, Toothy Bottom is actually straight!

(but damn, he's hot.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333April 15, 2018 8:55 PM

Thanks R33... Toothy Bottom cracks me up!

by Anonymousreply 334April 17, 2018 3:28 AM

Sorry, but little Timmy still looks like a pass-around pig bottom, no matter how he tries to spin it.

In this photo, he looks like he's giving a demo on how to use a double-dildo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335April 17, 2018 3:35 AM

I often think the buyers are ridiculous jerks.

by Anonymousreply 336April 17, 2018 3:38 AM

R333: Examine that Instagram more closely, that's his sister! There's a pic of him marching in the gay pride parade. And all the fabulousness in the pic below could never be pulled off by a breeder!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 17, 2018 4:05 AM

“Tooth pass-around pig bottom” - for the win.

I love DL.

by Anonymousreply 338April 17, 2018 4:16 AM

"Toothy Bottom" is classic.

by Anonymousreply 339April 17, 2018 4:37 AM

R337 But he says "my wife" somewhere in there.

I saw the pride stuff too - assumed he might be confused.

by Anonymousreply 340April 17, 2018 12:57 PM

Either way guys & gals, be weary of those teeth. Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 341April 17, 2018 1:06 PM

He annoys me and yet he's fuckin' HOT.

by Anonymousreply 342April 17, 2018 10:06 PM

Where's Adrian?

by Anonymousreply 343April 17, 2018 10:15 PM

He looks like a beaver.

by Anonymousreply 344April 17, 2018 10:17 PM

I don't appear on camera for anything less than 25 thousand euros, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 345April 17, 2018 10:17 PM

question: what would you need a second kitchen for? unless you have a chef and/or 20 people working around the estate who need to get fed?

by Anonymousreply 346April 17, 2018 10:21 PM

R346 the only thing I can think of is if they kept kosher, but that doesn't explain the laundry room duplication.

by Anonymousreply 347April 17, 2018 11:27 PM

HHI in Italy and the wife was a HH stereotype.

Wants a huge yard and house, but doesn't want to live near "too many Americans" because she wants "Italian charm."

Please do fuck off, signora.

by Anonymousreply 348April 18, 2018 12:25 PM

The more I see of Toothy Bottom's Insta the more he reminds me of Cockgobbler Schock

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349April 18, 2018 12:27 PM

For those still on the fence regarding which team he's on, Is it better to have a toothy bottom or a lippy wife?

by Anonymousreply 350April 19, 2018 1:15 PM

^ sorry ladies, just a joke. Couldn't resist the analogy.

by Anonymousreply 351April 19, 2018 1:21 PM

He's just oddly irritating and yet fascinating to me. And I admit, he looks great. Though I'd be afraid he'd bite my dick off with those choppers.

by Anonymousreply 352April 19, 2018 4:21 PM

I've missed the Adrian eps

by Anonymousreply 353April 24, 2018 9:10 PM

"Bi when high!!!" That's the new thing, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 354April 24, 2018 9:23 PM

I really had my heart set on having wainscoting in the dining room!

by Anonymousreply 355April 24, 2018 9:28 PM

"I can see myself..."

"This is great for entertaining."

"I hate carpeting!"

"But I wanted WHITE cabinets!"

"This is NOT the granite that I like."

"And the granite in the bathroom matches the granite in the kitchen so it all ties together!"

"OPEN PLAN! OPEN PLAN! OPEN PLAN!"

by Anonymousreply 356April 24, 2018 9:44 PM

I do love Good Bones.

I kinda think Mina's brother Tad is hot in a smart-but-slightly-trashy sort of way. He's like a big Golden Retriever in human form.

by Anonymousreply 357April 27, 2018 2:52 AM

r348 - she was the true ugly American frau

by Anonymousreply 358April 27, 2018 4:15 AM

It's funny to me that whenever there is a balcony or deck off the master bedroom everybody says " oh, we can sit out here and drink our coffee in the morning", bitch, no you won't!

Nobody will, nobody has time for that shit. Not even during the weekends.

by Anonymousreply 359April 27, 2018 4:38 AM

I always laugh at that, too, R359. Like the frau is going to lug the coffee pot up to the master bedroom and drink coffee while the spawn are not being watched in the open floor plan below.

by Anonymousreply 360April 27, 2018 4:51 AM

Saw an episode yesterday where the dude said that it had been his dream since childhood to have an island where everyone could eat breakfast.

OMFG. So that your house feels like a diner?

by Anonymousreply 361April 29, 2018 2:06 PM

God, watching an episode now with the two most tedious Chicago queens. Make me wish for a missile strike to hit the city.

by Anonymousreply 362April 30, 2018 6:35 AM

Richard Blanco was back in last night's International episode. He was showing properties to this Texan couple with a closet queen husband and his wife who sounded a bit like Kacey Musgraves. Richard was a little salty about the fact that the London real estate market has softened due to Brexit (that might mean deals are on the horizon). The couple went over their budget on a cramped little studio to be near Notting Hill. That never surprises me, but I think they got ripped off anyway.

by Anonymousreply 363May 3, 2018 2:40 PM

R362 It wasn't toothy bottom, was it?

by Anonymousreply 364May 5, 2018 2:50 AM

Adorable German dude on this HHI. Tall with a nice bulge.

His GF looks like Edie Brickell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 5, 2018 2:52 AM

I saw parts of that R363. Richard is a hottie. Love his voice.

What a deluded cow! Noting Hill, bitch please.

by Anonymousreply 366May 5, 2018 3:04 AM

They need to put Richard and Adrian together in a show where they read simple Americans on house hunts for filth.

by Anonymousreply 367May 6, 2018 1:47 PM

Who is this gorgeous agent in Chicago? He should have his own show.

by Anonymousreply 368May 6, 2018 6:07 PM

R368 Which one?

by Anonymousreply 369May 6, 2018 10:28 PM

Viva La Leeds!

by Anonymousreply 370May 10, 2018 8:22 PM

OMG, this new "Boise Boys" is hysterical.

On the plus side, they seem to do nice work.

But one of the dudes looks like a very mentally slow Barney Rubble and the other is a weird emo metrosexual dude.

by Anonymousreply 371May 11, 2018 12:20 AM

Toothy Bottom's agent/friend is on Insta too.

Lots of shirtless photos with other guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2018 12:18 PM

Thank Jeebus the Gaines show is over. Though I'm sure they'll repeat it for a while to wring every last drop from them.

by Anonymousreply 373May 14, 2018 4:48 PM

R373: Chunk and Blowana are gone forever? Praise Allah!! Now the channel can promote the Mississippi rednecks as the new face of HGTV...

by Anonymousreply 374May 14, 2018 4:49 PM

Or the Boise Boys.

I swear the fat one was a fetal alcohol baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Or the Boise Boys.

I swear the fat one was a fetal alcohol baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376May 14, 2018 4:55 PM

whoops, sorry for double post. DL glitchie-poo.

by Anonymousreply 377May 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Two British cunts just bought the ugliest house in all of LA.

by Anonymousreply 378May 17, 2018 1:37 PM

I was shocked when they chose that house. I will say that they seemed far less cunty than any American couple I've seen who've moved overseas.

by Anonymousreply 379May 17, 2018 1:44 PM

He was kind of hot but they were both artists with terrible taste.

Also, I call BS on that second house being under a mil anywhere near LA. They always lie about the real prices.

by Anonymousreply 380May 17, 2018 1:52 PM

WJM was the only station we got.

Sue Ann's show was fun but Ted was awful.

And the reception, like Minneapolis itself, was always snowy.

by Anonymousreply 381May 18, 2018 11:32 PM

oops, wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 382May 18, 2018 11:35 PM

Most recent one i saw, this couple was transferring for his job to Antwerp. He basically wanted to live like he was back in New Jersey, and was a fugly fat tyrant.

by Anonymousreply 383May 19, 2018 12:00 AM

OMG I saw that one too. She wasn't a prize either, but how she married that talking wall of fat is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 384May 19, 2018 12:16 AM

He was repulsive, but in the end, she got her way, as most wives do. Not sure why he was dead set on living near his office. Most European cities have good to great public transport. Is he afraid of a train?

by Anonymousreply 385May 19, 2018 5:13 PM

"But a lot of the white cabinets they show are builder grade. Dirty in six months. " No, not at all. I've had them for years in two different houses and with a minimum of care, they stay sparkling white. It's stainless steel that's a bitch to keep looking good.

by Anonymousreply 386May 19, 2018 5:21 PM

I'm so fucking sick of white cabinets everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 387May 21, 2018 2:03 AM

Ugh, the guy on right now is such an asshole!

Downtown Cincinnati looks like a dump.

by Anonymousreply 388May 22, 2018 3:14 AM

R387: I don't get why you would want them, every stain, every errant spec of marinara would show. People are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 389May 22, 2018 3:23 AM

They look clean and modern.

by Anonymousreply 390May 22, 2018 3:41 AM

but I want (whiny voice) Chaaarm and Chaaaaaracter.

I just want to slap fraus when they say that shit.

by Anonymousreply 391May 22, 2018 1:33 PM

I really think Mina's brother Tad on Good Bones is kinda cute.

In a pickup truck, trailer park kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 392May 24, 2018 7:51 PM

Tonight is Edinburgh!

10:30 p.m. EST.

by Anonymousreply 393May 24, 2018 11:21 PM

And FYI Channel has a marathon of "Tiny House Hunting" tonight, too!

by Anonymousreply 394May 24, 2018 11:23 PM

Yikes! The new episode back on Flip or Flop was uncomfortable as hell!

Cristina came across as a total bitch to Tarek. She can tease him about dating and I'm pretty sure he didn't say shit to her when she was whoring around.

Hopefully the rest of the episodes won't be this bad. The reno weas great as always.

by Anonymousreply 395June 1, 2018 1:41 AM

"I really wanted granite and white cabinets.""

"But that one doesn't have a 3 car garage."

"I really wanted the open concept for when we entertain."

"But the girls will have to share a bathroom in this house."

"I want my master bed and bath to be my Sanctuary."

by Anonymousreply 396June 1, 2018 3:07 AM

Tarek is hott!

by Anonymousreply 397June 1, 2018 11:55 PM

They finally had another gay couple on last night. This queen from Trump country flew all the way to Madrid to be with his barely intelligible boyfriend and his overbearing parents. They ending up choosing an apartment right by the parents even though the Spanish boyfriend wanted to live in the city center (can't blame him). The pairing is not likely to last as that Spanish boyfriend looks miserable and ready to kick the American boyfriend to the curb ASAP. The dude from Trump country also didn't mention his parents so I'm assuming they don't get along and he'll have nowhere to go when this doesn't work out. That's probably why he packed up his things and moved across the ocean in the first place. Kind of a sad pairing, but it's better than seeing the millionth frau whine about not having white cabinets (there was one of those last night too).

by Anonymousreply 398June 2, 2018 1:44 PM

I saw that episode as well, R398. Kind of boggled my mind that with all the hot men in Madrid, plus tourists, the Spanish guy was fixated on that drab thing from Nowheresville, South Dakota. I also thought they were doomed because they already mentioned having fights. Plus, with all the delicious food in Madrid, the American queen of course wanted hamburgers for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 399June 2, 2018 5:32 PM

I saw it as well. The American seemed like he was away from home for the first time and couldn't wait to be wild and free. That's why he probably shacked up with the first guy that paid any attention to him. He will probably be used to get into the USA. Though, I can't imagine why anybody would want to come here to this shithole country.

I saw a lesbian couple buy a mountain cabin as well. They also showed a repeat of another gay couple that had a home in LA and Palm Springs and they bought a tiny place in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 400June 4, 2018 2:04 AM

Ambiguously gay college professor in Tampa on right now! His "buddy" is coming along to help him buy. Lol

by Anonymousreply 401June 6, 2018 3:05 AM

That was the deal with Toothy Bottom, too. His "buddy" helped him find a house.

by Anonymousreply 402June 6, 2018 3:05 AM

R402: OMG I remember Toothy Bottom in Chicago! I actually found the place he bought too on Zillow. Lol

by Anonymousreply 403June 6, 2018 3:08 AM

Another thumbs up for the Boise Boys.

by Anonymousreply 404June 6, 2018 4:17 AM

I have to say, the Boise Boys' end result houses are very nice, the least cookie cutter of all of them. (I like Good Bones but too often their houses are a bit on the conservative/shabby chic side.)

I still think the skinny one is gay and the hefty one rode the short bus in school, but they do turn out good work.

by Anonymousreply 405June 6, 2018 2:25 PM

Oh, I need to remember to follow Toothy on Insta.

by Anonymousreply 406June 7, 2018 9:01 PM

These shows really aren't very good P.R. for American women in general. So fucking annoying, starting with their voices.

by Anonymousreply 407June 7, 2018 10:45 PM

[quote] I have to say, the Boise Boys' end result houses are very nice ... I still think the skinny one is gay

If he's gay, he's deeply closeted. He and his wife have 6 kids -- mostly adopted. He used to be a singer in Christian "worship" bands and seems to be all about God and religion. Some quotes from the article at the link:

[quote] "I love how God directs our lives," Caldwell wrote in a post on social media. "When I first started playing music it was never to be in a band or in front of people. I just loved to worship and be creative in it and doors opened."

[quote] "I decided to buy a dumpy house, fix it up, and sell it, hoping to pay for the adoption costs." He said. "God gave us the desires of our hearts. From that time I have continued leading worship around the country as well as renovate homes while I was here in Boise, so we kept adopting."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 8, 2018 2:59 AM

R408 I get the sense it's all overcompensation.

I could be wrong, but he's just so odd, anyway.

And a shame that HGTV hired yet ANOTHER fundie crew to man a show, but didn't hire the Down To The Studs team.

by Anonymousreply 409June 8, 2018 12:14 PM

The father of Luke Caldwell, the Boise Boys gay-looking dude, was a preacher at a church in Boise, but he had to resign because of an affair (see link). Apparently, now that Boise Boys is airing, Luke is trying to scrub the Internet of anything about his father, his church, etc. Take a look at one of the comments on the linked article:

[quote] Hello, I work for Luke and his company Timber and Love. Because of his newest opportunity to be apart of a show on HGTV, he is asking that anything on the internet that does not pertain to this, to be removed. So today, I am asking for you to remove anything that has Luke Caldwell’s name. Thank you for understanding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410June 8, 2018 4:24 PM

R410

Scandaloso!

by Anonymousreply 411June 8, 2018 4:30 PM

Here's an example of Luke Caldwell singing in a Christian band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412June 8, 2018 5:43 PM

Watched two episodes, one in Orange County and one in Louisville, with some of the most unfortunate looking people in history.

The OC woman looked like Morticia Addams if Morticia became an old feminist lesbian.

And the guy from Louisville.....HGTV, if we have to see fuggos like that in HD you should have a VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED warning.

by Anonymousreply 413June 11, 2018 12:26 PM

They showed a gay couple in Palm Springs with a handsome graying DILF.....and some chunky shrieking mess as her husband.

Love truly IS blind, gurl. Either that or La Chunkarita has the money

by Anonymousreply 414June 19, 2018 3:03 PM

Is this the couple you were referring to, R414? I didn't watch it last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 19, 2018 3:11 PM

House Hunters had a DL two for one last night. The first was this black Lesbian couple shopping for an apartment in Chicago. The femme lesbian wanted "charm and character" like much of the frau woman do on the show, but her Kevin Hart looking huswife won out with the spacious and modern apartment. Clearly she wears the pants in that relationship.

Then, International returned to Paris where this Indian couple from Australia was looking for apartments with.....the fabulous Adrian Leeds. She was team Poovar (the meh husband) who wanted to stay in Le Marais or the 5th arrondissement, but the frau wife won out with the boring and out of the way apartment on the city outskirts for cheap. Such a waste. At least we got to see authentic Paris and Ms. Leeds again in the episode.

by Anonymousreply 416June 19, 2018 6:24 PM

R415 It WAS! I think they were on before, but the big hefty girl is even bigger on this new episode.

by Anonymousreply 417June 19, 2018 9:17 PM

The couple buying the tiny apartment in NYC had previously been shopping for a house in Palm Springs.

There's been a lot more gay couples being shown on HH, I wonder if the new owners of the channel have had something to do with the more inclusion.

Now if they could do something about fucking Food Network!

by Anonymousreply 418June 22, 2018 4:51 AM

Flip/Flop is really trying to turn into a TLC show. They were stirring the pot last night with Xtina saying she would sell their old house.

No one cares, unless we have live 24/7 webcam into Tarek's bedroom. Just design shit already.

by Anonymousreply 419June 22, 2018 12:59 PM

R419: Yeah, they keep trying to up the drama. This has got to be their last season, I don't really think they're gonna do more beyond this. They're simply not going to be like the Nashville divorcees, much as HGTV would like them to be. They clearly are never going to be totally comfortable with each other like those two are.

by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2018 2:00 PM

Yeah, it was interesting this Thursday. That talk right in the middle made it seem like I was watching something else.

I'm starting to really dislike that blonde bimbo.

Supposedly Tarek bought the nanny a brand new Lexus suv. Depending on how much they love their lifestyle (provided by the show in part, of course) they'll keep going with it.

There's another gay couple on HHI tonight. They were in Puerto Vallarta.

by Anonymousreply 421June 23, 2018 5:55 AM

R421 I think that may be a repeat. If House #3 was a greenish monstrosity....

by Anonymousreply 422June 24, 2018 4:36 AM

No, it was the new episode. The one where she stupidly wanted that lime green color with that grayish-blue color? Where she told him she wanted to sell the house?

She's working his last nerve. Izzy told Tarek to calm down as well?

That was the third episode in.

by Anonymousreply 423June 24, 2018 5:12 AM

R423 I meant was the HHI a repeat, but I saw it the other day, and it wasn't - they've had three gay couples do Puerto Vallarta episodes in the last few months.

by Anonymousreply 424June 26, 2018 3:37 PM

I kinda like this Hidden Potential show.

by Anonymousreply 425June 30, 2018 2:45 AM

Fuck no!

by Anonymousreply 426June 30, 2018 3:29 AM

Some Detroit queen insisted, with toddler-like petulance, that his new house need to have “a story.”

by Anonymousreply 427June 30, 2018 3:45 AM

Ugh, well, I guess it was inevitable: the blonde bimbo is going to get her own show.

Bitch, I don't care about your design aesthetic! I wonder if this will be the end of the flipping show or if she will do this while she films with her ex.

I will not watch.

I love the Nashville couple, the Music City folk. We had talked about them before on another thread. The pretty lady is from Canada, if I recall correctly. Their makeovers are truly high-end and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 428June 30, 2018 5:17 AM

I think Dave and Kortney who R428 is referring to are both from Canada, maybe Alberta. I agree, they are the only ones among the glut of those husband-and-wife flipper shows who I actually like watching.

My partner also watches that "Home Town" thing, when he comes across it. He refers to it as "Bear Town", since almost all the husbands on that show are in that mold, as well as the burly guy who does the houses.

by Anonymousreply 429June 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Recently watched a repeat of the Brit/German couple moving to Malta, lucky buggers! Looks idyllic!

Also, a young couple from the US moving to Bern, Switzerland, her "childhood dream," as he studied for his Ph. D. Man, her "childhood dream" SHOULD have been getting as attractive a guy for her Humpty-Dumptyness!

by Anonymousreply 430June 30, 2018 1:18 PM

Bern couple:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 30, 2018 1:19 PM

Malta couple:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 30, 2018 1:20 PM

Dave and Kourtney are fun, though she's a bit smarmy. I thought he was hot but he's packed on a bit of weight.

For some reason they changed their show from "Masters of Flip" - which was an hour - to "Music City Fix" which is a half hour.

I also love the Palm Springs flippers - the sexy ginger daddy - and they are back in late July.

by Anonymousreply 433June 30, 2018 1:46 PM

Eric's been working out. And Lindsey still has a Belinda Carlisle thing going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 30, 2018 1:48 PM

Yeah, I like the Palm Springs couple as well.

The most stupid, annoying lady was on HH yesterday: she complained that the house had too many pass-thru's???? She didn't want the kids to be able to run around the house?? WTF? She was a home-schooler so of course she would be dumb.

by Anonymousreply 435June 30, 2018 4:07 PM

No one recently has been as annoying at the frau moving to Taos. She needed a large property to host her women's groups and had to have a flat, open space for fire walking. Of course the deal breaker was a tub for her shamanic baths.

by Anonymousreply 436June 30, 2018 5:15 PM

How the hell does that sham woman afford a million dollars is what I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 437July 1, 2018 2:23 AM

Did the HGTV gay husbands thread get deleted?

I saw the local news anchor mentioned in that thread while visiting his city. He was so flaming while doing his local news segment it burned my eyebrows off!

by Anonymousreply 438July 8, 2018 2:34 AM

The husband in Hidden Potential this week was fucking HOT.

by Anonymousreply 439July 12, 2018 2:49 AM

Two hot husbands in a row on HHI, both with FAT COW wives!

Gentlemen! You're both hot! Aim higher!

by Anonymousreply 440July 16, 2018 12:04 AM

Why do all the women on HH and HHI laugh hysterically at everything and anything that anyone says including themselves? I want a man cave....hysterical laughter. I hate stainless steel appliances....screaming with laughter. Every show is hyena central. I assume the producers force this on them?

by Anonymousreply 441July 16, 2018 12:13 AM

What shall replace stainless steel appliances? I say bright copper.

by Anonymousreply 442July 16, 2018 12:15 AM

R441 I think so. They're heavily coached on a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 443July 16, 2018 12:16 AM

R441 Yes, and in every episode they also say "Let's do it" when the realtor says "Let's go inside" or "Let's check out the backyard." The overuse of the word 'amazing' to describe everything is also phony. Everything is amazing. On one episode last week a 9 yr old was going on and on about the kitchen backsplash. Please. All combined this is why I think it is mostly (not all but mostly) scripted.

by Anonymousreply 444July 16, 2018 12:21 AM

Ugh, R444, as bad as the fraus and closet cases are, the absolute WORST is when there's a pretentious child (14 and under) who tries to act like an adult, and speak like an HGTV-bot. I want to kill them ONE by ONE, until there are none left.

by Anonymousreply 445July 16, 2018 12:36 AM

The worst are the fraus raising kids who can't live without a breakfast nook. The kitchen has to have a breakfast nook, as if their kids will be traumatized for life if they have to eat breakfast at a table. Why can't they serve their kids breakfast at the table if the kitchen doesn't have a nook. I grew up in a home without a breakfast nook and survived eating breakfast at the kitchen table. These people are fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 446July 16, 2018 12:42 AM

i watched an episode while on the elliptical yesterday, dude was telling his wife her expectations were unreasonable and that she was looking for a 'unicorn house'.

by Anonymousreply 447July 16, 2018 12:43 AM

[quote] On one episode last week a 9 yr old was going on and on about the kitchen backsplash

Yes, the Flip or Flop. I think that was a little Jon Benet wannabe who was performing for the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 448July 16, 2018 1:01 AM

sometimes you look at some of these guys and realize you have had them

by Anonymousreply 449July 16, 2018 1:25 AM

Hint: these shows are more staged than the homes.

Some of you seem to think these are done without multiple takes.

What's most fascinating to me is when they're in Flyoverstan and people are buying large 4 bedroom houses for $250K

The beach house one is fascinating too when you realize how much extra income some of these people have from being lawyers in Norfolk VA or similar.

by Anonymousreply 450July 16, 2018 1:30 AM

[quote] sometimes you look at some of these guys and realize you have had them

Do you happen to live in Columbus, OH?

by Anonymousreply 451July 16, 2018 2:24 AM

Those house flippers like Whorena and Tragic or (whatever that ex-couple's names are) who drag their toddler to the tile store to select the tile that she (the toddler) feels is stylistically appropriate so that they can use that to remodel a kitchen or bath. Do fraus actually believe this bs?

by Anonymousreply 452July 16, 2018 2:41 AM

r451 live there no... visited yes

by Anonymousreply 453July 16, 2018 4:07 AM

R453 it was a joke. Cam is one of the husbands who have flamed so bright you can see it in space.

There was another one on HHI recently in Lausanne. The husband was a bitchy little pocket gay. He pinged to high heaven. The wife was a Judy Davis lookalike.

by Anonymousreply 454July 16, 2018 6:47 PM

lol, here's the Lausanne couple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 16, 2018 6:48 PM

Wow, they had the hot husband clip on YouTube too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 16, 2018 6:49 PM

All about handsome Dutch daddy and his bulge

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457July 16, 2018 6:50 PM

R457 was the first. Here's the other one with a fat frau wife I mentioned at R440

(I think the husband's hot in a hippie way, probably packing, but your mileage may vary)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458July 16, 2018 6:52 PM

omg the comments under the clip at R458 are a riot.

"She is UGLY and FAT! Facts Matter!"

by Anonymousreply 459July 16, 2018 6:53 PM

My husband and I love the beach house ones. And we like watching, mostly, to see the dynamics between the couples. There was one with a very attractive Colombian woman and her dorky American husband. The budget was very low and the places they looked at were total dumps. It was kind of sad watching her realize that she miscalculated when she married him. She could have snagged a richer man, but she was getting too long in the tooth to find another meal ticket and she was making the best of it.

One of the locations was practically a jungle and she said it reminded her of her hometown. So she was probably better off than some, but not rolling in riches, either.

by Anonymousreply 460July 16, 2018 7:29 PM

r460 I know that episode and had the same reaction the whole way around .

r456 I agree he is super hot.

r454 I got the joke. Flaming does not even cover the reality of that guy.

by Anonymousreply 461July 16, 2018 10:48 PM

ANOTHER HHI couple with a big ole fat frau!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 17, 2018 9:47 PM

I don't know if this is the case with the rest of you, but I have reached my saturation point with House Hunters. It started about a week ago, but when I turned it on, my impulse was to immediately shut it off. There's only so many times you can watch a fat frau and her gay husband looking for houses in bumblef*ck Iowa before you reach your limit. Sure, there are some fascinating destinations from time to time, but they are exceedingly rare and they still have insufferable couples doing the house search most of the time. There's also only so many times they can go to Amsterdam or London before you've had your fill. If I'm getting fed up, I'm surely not the only one. What do you all think? Is the show's popularity on the way down or does it have more legs left in it?

by Anonymousreply 463July 24, 2018 6:46 PM

Ugh, the Brothers had the most insufferable little turd on. He wants to be a real estate agent or something and he was taking notes and being ridiculous. Using wrong words and being completely fey in the process.

I loved the flip the Palm Springs people did yesterday. Stunning.

by Anonymousreply 464July 26, 2018 3:35 AM

i like adrian leeds in paris ones.

by Anonymousreply 465July 26, 2018 3:38 AM

Yes R463, it was probably three years ago. I used to record them all on my DVR, but I was getting bored and they were all piling up. I remember watching a couple looking for a summer home in South Carolina, and I thought to myself "why am I watching this, I'm so bored by it".

I've probably watched about 5 episodes since, only if it's Paris (Adrian) or around where I live.

by Anonymousreply 466July 26, 2018 3:41 AM

How many NY apartments have open concept living room/kitchens? Don't you like to entertain?

by Anonymousreply 467July 26, 2018 3:46 AM

R463: House Hunters International in Asia is always fun because of culture shock and house design. And I go enjoy La Leeds in France and Richard in London as well. Domestic House Hunters I only look for major cities, I couldn't give a crap about South Dakota or places like that. And of course Chicago shows, I've found many of the condos they've shown on Zillow in my home city. After my success finding Toothy Bottom's place, I've expanded my skills lol.

For me, all these flipping shows are obnoxious and getting to overload, there's too many and I worry it encourages it in the general populace. Get rich quick, flip a house, look how easy it is. Those shows are almost instant turn off.

by Anonymousreply 468July 26, 2018 4:06 AM

On HHI tonight the couple was moving to Germany with 3 kids. The husband definitely pinged. Cute oldest son who is going off to college.

by Anonymousreply 469July 26, 2018 4:26 AM

Just watched the episode, R469.

That husband not only pinged, he PONGED. Squinty, bitchy, cheap queen, as nellie as the day is long!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470July 27, 2018 1:00 AM

I watched an episode of HHI in France that did NOT have La Leeds....but it had another sassy redhead who actually grew on me during the episode....she was very no nonsense and I loved it!

by Anonymousreply 471July 27, 2018 1:35 AM

Leeds only does Paris, not all of France.

by Anonymousreply 472July 27, 2018 5:21 AM

A gift like Ms. Adrian Leeds is to be savored. She would never be so bourgeoisie as to appear outside of Paris! One only finds La Leeds in the most fashionable arrondissements!

by Anonymousreply 473July 27, 2018 4:36 PM

R463 For viewers (like me, I admit) who watch a lot it probably is super repetitive. They are low budget in production and never go outside of the box to present any city any differently. (You can guarantee oompagh music for all German, Austrian and some Swiss episodes, for example.)

But they are trying to catch the eye of the semi-casual viewer, who won't notice that they play the same episodes all the time.

by Anonymousreply 474July 27, 2018 4:39 PM

Hahaha r469, that husband was dropping handbags all over the place. Jesus Christ, what was wrong with that woman? Didn’t she hear him speak before she married him?

And did I imagine the chemistry between the husband and the real estate agent? Not that they were fucking, but they certainly rolled their eyes at each other behind the wife’s back.

I’m pretty sure he’s catting around Berlin and there’s not a damn thing she can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 475July 27, 2018 9:56 PM

My god, they keep making Cristina an insufferable bitch!!

Bratty, petulant whore. . No one is going to tune in to her new show if she keeps acting that way.

And the new boyfriend can just fuck right off. Nobody wants to see or hear him.

I'm loving the island buying people. "Why, yes, I have about 20 million dollars to spend on a private island in Fiji". 🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 476July 28, 2018 3:19 AM

I love HHI, just saying, and if I was in the market for a place in the US, I would have demands as well.

I'm sorry. Construction is high as hell, so it's best to ask for stuff already done. Now, I must admit the stainless steel appliances are something you can spring for yourself, but other stuff no way.

by Anonymousreply 477July 28, 2018 4:13 AM

I was watching that episode with my mother,R470,and she said "My God,is there a man shortage now that women are marrying gay men???" ! I died laughing. That fucking queen was never straight in the least,even rulers he carried would warp from the gay magnetic field he exuded!

by Anonymousreply 478July 28, 2018 4:58 AM

They use the same script for every show. It has gotten ridiculous. They also are featuring fewer lesbian and gat househunters than they used to.

by Anonymousreply 479July 29, 2018 8:16 AM

I found her! Her name is Louisa Colpus.

At the beginning I was all "Deceived! This isn't La Leeds!"

But I kinda loved Louisa by the end. She threw some fabulous French shade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 30, 2018 9:35 PM

When at least one person in every episode says "Let's do it!" you know it is mostly scripted.

by Anonymousreply 481July 30, 2018 10:42 PM

OMG.....just saw a very strange one.

Typical gay acting husband

The wife was a "lipstick hippie who said she wanted non-toxic everything. No pool because it ruins the earth.

Had to turn that shit off after 5 minutes. I couldn't with her and her stringy ass hair.

by Anonymousreply 482July 31, 2018 2:21 AM

Two queens who I cannot even remotely see as an actual couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 2, 2018 11:13 AM

Adrienne was on another Paris episode.

You could tell she hated the friend who was advising the house hunter.

That neighborhood looked sketchy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 484August 3, 2018 4:05 AM

Last night I saw a couple buying a home that the Property Brothers were going to renovate for them. They were concerned about their work commutes and instead of saying "This is an hour commute to our jobs" the husband said "It's an hour from Jinny and I's jobs."

by Anonymousreply 485August 3, 2018 4:16 AM

I watched that one R484,and did you see all those groups of men hanging around outside that apartment she chose? Shes stupid anyway to move to a foreign country to start a photography business. Is that even still a thing? Everybody on the goddamn planet takes pictures with their phones now.And yeah,La Leeds didnt care for the snotty dyke bitch.

by Anonymousreply 486August 3, 2018 5:01 AM

We need some sort of Bat Signal to alert us when the beauty that IS Miss Adrian Leeds graces our screens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487August 3, 2018 2:12 PM

I am LIVING for La Leeds' blue ensemble.

LIVING. FOR. IT.

But agreed, those two sad pasty girls were rug munchers. And she picked the wrong apartment, to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 488August 4, 2018 2:29 AM

For those that missed it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489August 4, 2018 2:30 AM

Okay, some of it is blue and some teal.

by Anonymousreply 490August 4, 2018 2:30 AM

What a duo of stupid Americans girls. "The kitchen is too small." "There's no room for your studio." "It's too much money."

"Hey, I know! Let's take the one where the bed JUST fits wall to wall, and unemployed Muslim men crowd the sidewalks!"

by Anonymousreply 491August 4, 2018 3:18 AM

"American."

by Anonymousreply 492August 4, 2018 3:18 AM

[quote] What a duo of stupid Americans girls.

The woman was moving to Paris from New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 493August 4, 2018 3:39 AM

But her snatch du jour was indeed American, a fuggo with frizzy hair and vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 494August 4, 2018 10:59 PM

I need to start a Tumblr for some of the hot men/husbands/dads on these shows.

by Anonymousreply 495August 6, 2018 1:16 PM

Those Paris apts were really nice, even the last one in the questionable neighborhood. I thought the rents would be more expensive. $2K for a one bedroom in St Germain des Pres seems cheap. It was well laid out and modern kitchen and bath. The last one had a huge living room even if the bedroom was a closet.

by Anonymousreply 496August 6, 2018 3:53 PM

Hot dude, but these two are so American......he just wants to watch TV, and she is generic mall chick #1.

They grew up miles from Mexico and yet know no Spanish?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497August 6, 2018 3:59 PM

How funny HGTV got the Brady house.

by Anonymousreply 498August 7, 2018 5:07 PM

Just watched another Paris one that has to be the ULTIMATE house hunters international except it's missing La Leeds. It's so fake. First of all, the real estate agent is obviously a friend. The couple, from Sacramento, are moving to Paris so he can go to mime school. She's going to do freelance writing. They're looking for a place that's furnished for $1800 with a big kitchen. In a HHI first, no mention of needing another bedroom for all the friends and family who want to visit.

They'd lived there before in the 10th so they first looked at a gorgeous huge apt that was "way over" their budget which obviously belonged to a friend. Second place was in the 7th, closer to his school, also very charming and only slightly over budget on a quiet courtyard but he complained that it was a 20 minute walk "in the rain" to his classes. Last one was also in the 7th and very close to his school, slightly under budget, and tiny. Like they kept talking about needing to cook themselves to save money and this kitchen was built into the wall with a roll up shutter to hide it. There was no counter space. The furniture wasn't even IKEA quality. The bedroom was around a half wall, "so much room". Not convincing at all. They took it.

Must be seen to be believed. You'll enjoy the husband.

by Anonymousreply 499August 8, 2018 12:25 AM

Wouldn't let me link^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500August 8, 2018 12:28 AM

i just saw leeds, but it was just one.

by Anonymousreply 501August 8, 2018 3:54 AM

[quote]it's missing La Leeds

Stopped reading after this. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 502August 8, 2018 4:19 AM

I love you R502!

by Anonymousreply 503August 9, 2018 1:25 AM

I really like this Hidden Potential show, despite Jasmine's bad dye job.

But this week's husband was gayer than Liberace's buttplug, and both he and his wife had bad vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 504August 9, 2018 1:26 AM

Which city, r504? Bologna? Because I think that husband might be gay.

by Anonymousreply 505August 9, 2018 1:23 PM

R505 It's a US show. Somewhere in CA.

by Anonymousreply 506August 9, 2018 1:37 PM

R505 Oh, you mean her? Uh, yeah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507August 9, 2018 1:37 PM

It's time to buy candles and hats, y'all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508August 12, 2018 1:13 AM

(ps, in case someone gets a bug up their ass: that was a joke. The items are kinda sad, to be honest)

by Anonymousreply 509August 12, 2018 1:14 AM

I just caught a good episode with Richard Blanco, where a young Texas couple had just moved to London, where the husband accepted a job.

Their budget was $1800 a month, and the dumb bitch insisted on living in Notting Hill.

Hilarity ensued.

Richard did a great job finding them a place, though. He makes the episodes so fun, with his great sense of humor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510August 12, 2018 1:21 AM

I wonder if Richard's ass is as hairy as his face!

by Anonymousreply 511August 12, 2018 1:23 AM

It was ridiculous how entitled this young 20-something Texan was.

She wanted a two-bedroom apartment in Notting Hill, with "quaint English charm" in a good neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and shops, close to the "tubes," and with a short commute to work. For $1800 a month.

Delusional!

Of course, she was named.... MADISON. The young hubby was kind of cute, though, and he had fun with Richard in the bathroom with the nightclub lighting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512August 12, 2018 1:30 AM

I guess Big Ben ran for city council before he did the show.

He did not win.

If I understand it right he ran as an independent. Not a R, but definitely not a D, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513August 12, 2018 1:32 AM

This thread is the reason for HH's success.

Some of you really think that they're documentaries.

That the reactions are all spontaneous and that nothing is scripted.

That the families actually decide live, on camera which house to buy

That they seriously considered the two rejected houses?

That they don't do multiple takes of walking into the house, trying different lines the producers tell them to say?

Wow.

by Anonymousreply 514August 12, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote] It's time to buy candles and hats, y'all!

Only if Ben delivers candles personally, clenched between his butt cheeks.

by Anonymousreply 515August 12, 2018 1:45 AM

I am currently watching a young couple on an episode of Hillary & David's "Love It or List It" and the vocal fry coming from both of them, is unbearable. I had to mute the sound and enable the closed-captioned. The short-sleeved, scoop neckline tops they were wearing exposed their ugly body tats that covered almost every inch of their exposed skin, not too mention her nose piercing. But the vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 516August 12, 2018 1:59 AM

Nobody thinks that r514 however we do think you voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 517August 12, 2018 2:05 AM

i cant even watch HGTV anymore because of the vocal fry R516. And now thatthe husbands are doing it more an more its especially maddening.

by Anonymousreply 518August 12, 2018 2:51 AM

^ Yes, the husbands too. And also one of the narrators or announcers (forget which one) baby talks with vocal fry. It's so annoying. She sounds like she's talking to a bunch of Kindergarten children. I like to watch some of the HGTV shows so as soon as the baby talk or vocal fry starts I just mute the sound and enable the closed-captioned.

by Anonymousreply 519August 12, 2018 3:00 AM

I saw that too, R512. The wife was such a bitch! The best part, though, was since they went over budget getting her the place she wanted, they had to stay home and she had to cook more.

by Anonymousreply 520August 12, 2018 8:36 PM

R514 no, most of us know that 99 percent of is is fakes or rehearsed.

I just saw an episode with a bad case of vocal fry - they lived outside of Minneapolis and she had one of the worst cases I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 521August 13, 2018 8:17 PM

In case R514 was even remotely right, things everyone should be aware of with most/all HGTV shows.

(1) There is no "choice" between multiple houses. The network doesn't even work with people unless they have a house under contract. So the other two are fake. Or as HGTV would say, capturing real(ish) reactions to other houses on a house hunt.

(2) Even those reactions are rehearsed, over and over. Which is why all the people say the same thing (charm, character, let's check it out!, let's do it, etc.)

(3) Prices for any house on any show? Don't take them too seriously. We saw a HH near us and found out they were saying the house was almost 700K more than it actually was. Many of the rehab shows have budgets that are totally unrealistic. 45K for a whole house? Most places cost that much for the kitchen alone. (Some, like Home Town and Good Bones, do seem to have rehab budgets more in the land of reality.)

(4) Many of the hosts don't know how to actually rehab. They're pretty hosts that look believable for a minute or two. *cough*JonathanScott*cough*

by Anonymousreply 522August 13, 2018 9:53 PM

Oh, and

(5) There have been cases where HGTV did obvious tie-ins with places like Joss & Main for furniture - they just did a Good Bones product placement one with Lowe's - okay, that's cool, it's at least obvious that the marketing is happening. But I think a lot more of the stuff they use in the flips is bought for by/supplied by those companies. Which may be part of the low-ish budgets, because they're getting freebies....but it's way more when we go, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 523August 13, 2018 9:56 PM

I watched Flip/Flop. I was really disappointed. It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. I watched porn instead. Fuck HGTV.

by Anonymousreply 524August 13, 2018 11:23 PM

Adding to r522

- Sometimes the real estate agent is just a friend pretending to be an agent. - The couples are paid something ridiculous like $100. - After watching an episode of HHI in a city I was familiar with, I question the accuracy of those push pins for the locations. - As well as using apartments owned by friends as ringers, I think they are also showing Air B&Bs - And I really question the rent quotes of the ringers especially the freshly rehabbed ones with a whole new kitchen that is somehow cheaper than the grotty box they end up with because it's closer to work

Favorite fake: A couple years ago, there was one US couple "is moving" to England in which the young kids already had British accents.

Want desperately to be true: Vilnius, where you can get absolutely massive flats in the center of the city for like $800/mo.

by Anonymousreply 525August 14, 2018 12:49 AM

Shit, messed up the formatting.

Adding to [R522]

- Sometimes the real estate agent is just a friend pretending to be an agent.

- The couples are paid something ridiculous like $100.

- After watching an episode of HHI in a city I was familiar with, I question the accuracy of those push pins for the locations.

- As well as using apartments owned by friends as ringers, I think they are also showing Air B&Bs

- And I really question the rent quotes of the ringers especially the freshly rehabbed ones with a whole new kitchen that is somehow cheaper than the grotty box they end up with because it's closer to work

Favorite fake: A couple years ago, there was one US couple "is moving" to England in which the young kids already had British accents.

Want desperately to be true: Vilnius, where you can get absolutely massive flats in the center of the city for like $800/mo.

by Anonymousreply 526August 14, 2018 12:52 AM

The bald contractor that works for Hillary on Love It or List It (Canada) gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 527August 14, 2018 4:33 AM

He's with her all the time. Even in SOuth Carolina where they film the new shows.

He's okay. He's always raining on Hilary's parade.

by Anonymousreply 528August 14, 2018 5:24 AM

R525/R526

The couples get, I think, $400 or $500. They aren't paid as performers, though. Even scale rate for actors would be higher than that. I think each one of those shows takes about three days of up front filming to do.

Most of the agents are licensed but I think you're right, sometimes they have a friend, or someone who had a license twenty years ago for five minutes (oh yeah, Mom is our agent!)

by Anonymousreply 529August 14, 2018 1:28 PM

[quote] Even in SOuth Carolina where they film the new shows.

It's North Carolina. They're filming Love It or List It in Raleigh/Durham.

by Anonymousreply 530August 14, 2018 2:49 PM

I'd love to get pounded by big bear Ben from Home Town. I can't stand his wife and her designs suck. They need to have Ben shirtless doing his carpentry.

by Anonymousreply 531August 14, 2018 3:35 PM

I dont know R527,I found him off putting at first but now I find him incredibly sexy! There was one episode where they showed him wet after being caught in the rain,and he was throwing quite a nice bulge. Since then Ive been intrigued!

by Anonymousreply 532August 14, 2018 3:40 PM

The Palm Springs couple is so cute!

There was another same-sex couple in HH tonight. I've said before that I'm seeing a lot more gay couples on the network.

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 533August 15, 2018 3:05 AM

I like the ginger dude from PS. I would totally suck him off. And maybe even swallow.

But I don't think they're doing much in Palm Springs this season. That looks like uglier neighborhoods in Cathedral City or Palm Desert. They did have a show last week where they showed the house was RIGHT near the airport. (Such as PS's airport is...it only has about 20 flights a day and none at night.)

by Anonymousreply 534August 16, 2018 6:48 PM

There have always been a lot of gay couples on HH and HHI.

by Anonymousreply 535August 16, 2018 6:54 PM

It's the only place The Gays are ever shown. Well, sometimes on Mexico Life or Island Life.

by Anonymousreply 536August 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Just watched this one. Five seconds in I was like, "OMG she's a pretentious cunt."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537August 18, 2018 2:24 AM

Love It or List It needs new writers. It is the exact same fake scenario every fucking week. Hilary will have tons of drama and yelling every week. So fake and so boring. Nobody acts like these homeowners and Hillary. Just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 538August 18, 2018 2:31 AM

^ I agree. Hillary gets all exasperated when the contractor throws a monkey wrench in everything over some costly, unexpected surprise. The homeowners get upset with her for something not at all under her control. Then it gets fixed, she does a great job, and everyone lives happily ever after. Same old shit week after week.

by Anonymousreply 539August 18, 2018 2:36 AM

[quote] Love It or List It needs new writers. It is the exact same fake scenario every fucking week.

And how is that different from every other HGTV show?

House Hunters International is always the same script. He wants to be in the "city center"; she's willing to live farther away. He wants modern construction; she wants "charm" and "character." He wants something turnkey; she's OK with having to do some renovations. She thinks the kitchen is too small; he thinks the bathroom is too small. They both want "outdoor space." They bitch and moan and can't agree about anything, but in the end, they couldn't be happier with the place they chose.

by Anonymousreply 540August 18, 2018 3:15 AM

How are these American couples who rent or buy in Europe, able to do so?

Are Americans able to just move to Europe and rent a place? Most of them have jobs lined up too, so how were they able to get those jobs?

For the ones who are actually buying property and trying to run a B&B, that seems even more difficult. So how are they able to just move there? Don't you have to be a resident to buy property?

The gay couple on the Italy/Tuscany episode just purchased a villa for under a million bucks, no problem.

I don't want a villa, but I definitely want to buy or rent in Italy. How can I do it?

by Anonymousreply 541August 18, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote] how were they able to get those jobs?

They seem to always be one of the following R541:

1. "My company is moving me here."

2. " I teach English here."

That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 542August 18, 2018 7:41 PM

^ One must have a secure job lined up or arrive with a boatload of money in order to get a Visa or apply for citizenship.

Aside from criminal background checks and DMV/driving history, the first thing they look at is their financial situation / stability because they will not allow anyone into the country long-term or permanently if they are going to be a financial drain on the system as opposed to a contributor.

I've also heard stories of people being turned down because they or a family member had a serious, incurable medical condition or life-threatening (but non-contagious) illness. They might get a temporary Visa, but citizenship isn't likely.

by Anonymousreply 543August 18, 2018 8:31 PM

Retired. Part of the EU (sorry Brits, you are in danger). Digital nomad. Writer. Right of Return (parents or grandparents were citizens). International corporate transfer. Went to university in Europe and managed to parlay that into a job. Missionaries. Married to an EU citizen. Willing to invest a huge whack of money into a local business, just like in the US and Canada.

by Anonymousreply 544August 19, 2018 1:22 PM

Another Paris one. The wife was annoying, the husband was cute (if a little chunky)

And LA LEEDS was glorious, as always!

by Anonymousreply 545August 21, 2018 1:57 AM

I love how La Leeds gives them side eye! Like "Bitch,are you crazy ?!?"

by Anonymousreply 546August 21, 2018 2:11 AM

The family on HHFamily tonight was awful. That youngest daughter would not STFU. And she had nothing interesting or helpful to say. "Ain't no party like a Donovan party!" Mary! Why would anyone want to party with this family of boring losers? Fraus love this shit I know. But it was awful. And who did mommy bang to get that middle daughter? It sure wasn't daddy.

by Anonymousreply 547August 21, 2018 2:30 AM

Yeah, I change the channel once Love It Or List It ends.

No reason to watch that family shit. No one cares about those annoying kids' opinions.

Who told the network that was a good idea?? 😖😖

by Anonymousreply 548August 21, 2018 5:32 AM

La Leeds is the one that is most successful at pushing the limits of the participants on screen.

She's direct in a way that borders on rudeness but is really a dose of reality. And her segments are always entertaining because of her sharp edges!

by Anonymousreply 549August 22, 2018 2:41 AM

Christina of Flip or Flop is STUCK in the Hawaii hurricane!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550August 24, 2018 12:05 AM

Don't wish her anything bad but, haha.

Unless the kids are with her, which I seriously doubt.

by Anonymousreply 551August 24, 2018 2:55 AM

God. Gay couple moving to St. Louis. The smaller one is so loud and shrieking, I'm praying for a home invasion. Btw, the smaller one teaches etiquette

by Anonymousreply 552August 24, 2018 3:09 AM

Christina's buoy-sized teeth should keep her afloat. That girl's gonna be OK.

by Anonymousreply 553August 24, 2018 3:30 AM

I loathe the Family episodes. Always with the awkward dull kids, the generic bleached blonde "I want to look like a porn star for hubby!" frau-mom, and robotic father who only cares that the house has an "office" so he can wank in peace. They always pick the blandest, most soul-killing house.

by Anonymousreply 554August 24, 2018 3:41 AM

[quote] Unless the kids are with her

They are. Hers and her bf's.

by Anonymousreply 555August 25, 2018 1:48 AM

Just saw one in Sweden which had two female roommates who looked like they were in love with each other, and then one of the roommates invites her rat faced boyfriend to live with them.

He finally appears and speaks at the end and an entire 18 wheeler shipment of purses falls out of his mouth. (Unfortunately, it's cut off here, but believe me, he's either a big ole Mary or a whispery millennial dude.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556August 26, 2018 2:43 AM

These two amused me. The gay friend was hysterical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557August 28, 2018 1:56 AM

I am trying to figure out what was going on with the American attorney who left his job at a U.S. law firm to move to a slum in China and teach at the University there. WTF? A slum. Maybe he should have waited until he had enough money saved to live in a decent place instead of a run down slum. Then he couldn't decide if he should trade off living close to the action or an hour commute each way to his teaching job, risking the job should he be chronically late. Those were his options. What a stupid, irresponsible fuck up dolt.

by Anonymousreply 558August 28, 2018 4:53 AM

Flip or Flop is dumber since they're divorced, but holy shit Tarek looks sexy with scruff on his face.

by Anonymousreply 559August 31, 2018 8:55 AM

I liked watching House Hunters International, mainly for the wife to point out the small size of the refrigerator or oven. "How will I fit my Thanksgiving turkey in there" And the location of the washer in the kitchen or the bathroom. Or the separate room for the toilet. The best episodes where the ones that featured Adrian Leeds who showed many of the Paris homes. I want to meet her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560August 31, 2018 9:12 AM

Most of the husbands on HGTV have enjoyed cock.

by Anonymousreply 561August 31, 2018 9:24 AM

Not only are the vocal fried voices of the D. C. couple in r537 extremely annoying; the husband is a doppelganger of Ted Bundy! Hope they like the view of that trash-canned and power-lined alley!

by Anonymousreply 562August 31, 2018 9:37 AM

R560 We tres adore La Leeds here at the DL!

Wit, Fashion Icon and Total Bitch to Dumb Americans. What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 563September 1, 2018 3:43 PM

Anyone catch the Beach house hunter episode tonite? It was set in St. Pete fla,and I about shit myself when they talked about prices ! The husband was a big cutie,but the wife was everything you expect anymore...vocal fry,fake tits,capped teeth,dyed blonde hair. Anyhoo,I digress. My 1st husband and I bought a house very much like the first one they looked at but just a tad smaller,and we paid $38,000.I recently looked up our old address and it last sold for $288,000! And that was 6 years ago,I can only imagine what its worth now.

by Anonymousreply 564September 2, 2018 2:23 AM

Richard Bianco looks like he enjoys having a man's tongue in his hairy ass.

The husband's sort of hot but the frau is annoying beyond words.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565September 2, 2018 3:17 AM

The interview at R560 says La Leeds left her husband years ago when she first moved to France.

How could he not recognize he needed to treat La Leeds like the international treasure that she is????

by Anonymousreply 566September 2, 2018 3:18 AM

This bitch absolutely wins the award for most annoying recent frau cunt on HHI.

I wanted to cunt punt her a hundred times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567September 6, 2018 2:16 PM

The wife ALWAYS gets what she wants.

by Anonymousreply 568September 6, 2018 2:36 PM

I haven't seen it in ages. Do they still have the wife giggle and close the walk in closet door on her gay husband?

by Anonymousreply 569September 6, 2018 3:01 PM

Yep R569,right after she declares its only big enough for HER clothes and he'll have to use the spare room closet , tee hee hee.

by Anonymousreply 570September 9, 2018 4:30 PM

David Bromstead has a show on here and the FLAMES are SCORCHING my TV screen

by Anonymousreply 571September 15, 2018 2:04 AM

R571 why is a garden-variety gay man evoking a "flames are scorching" sneer? Bromstad's been on HGTV for years, and has always been himself.

by Anonymousreply 572September 15, 2018 12:41 PM

This show is taking over the world! Popping up everywhere. That woman who does the voice over must be rolling in it. Every time I turn the tv on I hear her!

by Anonymousreply 573September 15, 2018 12:43 PM

Anyone remember the ultra young married couple who bought in New Orleans? God knows what season. The guy was SUPER cute

by Anonymousreply 574September 15, 2018 12:45 PM

REAL SHAME - the youtube account that had a lot of these videos has been shut down. SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 575September 15, 2018 1:21 PM

That Chris from Island Hunters is all over the place! He's in Fiji, the Carolinas, and just now I saw him in Alaska!!

Must be great to travel all over the globe.

by Anonymousreply 576September 23, 2018 6:34 PM

I just caught an episode of House Hunters in Austin, with a super hot guy who is RIPPED with muscles.

Damn, daddy! I want him in me quite deeply. Ulises....call me!

I would lick that hottie, all over. His muscles are just bulging out of his shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577September 29, 2018 12:48 PM

I'll bet that Ulysses at R577, is hung like a horse!

by Anonymousreply 578September 29, 2018 12:55 PM

Another vote for the ginger guy from the Palm Springs show. Seems like a genuinely nice, funny guy, unlike that douchebag clown from Waco.

by Anonymousreply 579September 29, 2018 1:07 PM

They do seem entitled, as if they could not change the flooring or the paint color. I have even heard them complain about furniture...IT'S NOT YOUR FURNITURE, DUMMY!

by Anonymousreply 580September 29, 2018 1:12 PM

Why do the women on these shows always demand a bath tub?

I mean, they're like obsessive about bath tubs. It's almost pathological.

Is it because they want a private place to masturbate with the shower nozzle? I really don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 581September 29, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote]Another vote for the ginger guy from the Palm Springs show. Seems like a genuinely nice, funny guy, unlike that douchebag clown from Waco.

First R577, Yes! That man was hot, and she was very pretty. They will have beautiful children together.

R579, thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so sick of Chip and Joanna. He is a simple-minded, overgrown frat bro. She has no style, just a look. Everyone of their redesigns is the same..."farmhouse." It's far from eclectic or original.

by Anonymousreply 582September 29, 2018 1:38 PM

R581 Didn't you grow up with any sisters? The girls like to take long baths with their candles, bubbly business and other bath paraphenalia. . No big mystery.

by Anonymousreply 583September 29, 2018 2:09 PM

[quote] The girls like to take long baths with their candles, bubbly business and other bath paraphenalia

What a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 584September 29, 2018 5:52 PM

R583 as much as girls do like a bubble bath,most I know say they dont indulge as much because of yeast infections. Apparently soaking that pussy in hot water breeds things!

by Anonymousreply 585September 29, 2018 5:59 PM

I want to know more about Ulises at R577.

What a sexy guy.

by Anonymousreply 586September 29, 2018 6:04 PM

Aside from women enjoying an occasional warm, bubbly bath over showering to soothe and calm before bedtime, the bathtub is also an absolute necessity for bathing their children / grandchildren ages 18 months to around 10 yrs old.

Women are most often the primary caretakers of children who eventually outgrow the tub in the kitchen sink routine around 1 yr /18 months old. And most kids under 10 yrs old don't want to shower. They want to play and swim in the bathtub every night before bedtime. That's almost a decade. It can also be a problem during the resale, somewhat limiting the pool of buyers. So in many cases it most definitely is a deal breaker. Nothing pathological about it.

by Anonymousreply 587September 29, 2018 7:17 PM

THE. CHILDREN!

by Anonymousreply 588September 29, 2018 7:21 PM

None of you have ever taken a hot bath with Epsom salt to sooth sore muscles?

by Anonymousreply 589September 29, 2018 7:39 PM

OMG, this man is giving me some serious Marcus "Ladybird" Bachmann realness......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590October 1, 2018 2:21 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 591October 5, 2018 12:49 AM

I'll take Ulysses at R577 AND the tall European realtor, too.

by Anonymousreply 592October 5, 2018 12:51 AM

The new thread, for when this one is done in a few posts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593October 5, 2018 12:55 AM

My partner is addicted to those HH shows on HGTV so the other day, they had several House Hunters Renovation episodes in a row, mostly set in Austin and Chicago. I couldn't help but notice that those tend to feature very hunky, DILf-y husbands, particularly those taking place in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 594October 5, 2018 12:56 AM

Yeah, R594, I think you're right. The renovation ones usually have hotter husbands that are athletic enough to do some of the work.

by Anonymousreply 595October 5, 2018 12:57 AM

A moment to remember our old favorite Timmy aka Toothy Bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596October 5, 2018 12:59 AM

And of course, avid heterosexualist and House Hunters participant Cameron Fontana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597October 5, 2018 1:00 AM

flip

by Anonymousreply 598October 5, 2018 1:00 AM

or......

by Anonymousreply 599October 5, 2018 1:00 AM

FLOP!

by Anonymousreply 600October 5, 2018 1:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!