Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sachi Parker

So, I bought her book back when it came out & read a few chapters and put it aside.

I picked it up a few days ago and read the whole thing and I actually enjoyed it. She's pretty funny, without trying to be.

Nothing close to Mommie, dearest. In fact one of her biggest problems seemed to be her inability to stop needing her mother's approval. I mean, she just couldn't get it and just wouldn't leave her the fuck alone.

Maclaine was clearly TOO tough with her. She'd seen he mother give up her theatrical dreams to bring up her children and it clearly terrified her and Sachi got the fall out over this. There was definitely multo craziness.

What's your take?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487October 28, 2020 11:54 PM

My favorite part was how the father and his Asian mistress would say "oh no it's the dragon lady" when Maclaine would call Japan. Second favorite part was how she got fleeced out of millions by her husband, you would have to be crazy or retarded to have believed that guy.

by Anonymousreply 1May 4, 2016 12:28 AM

[quote]My favorite part was how the father and his Asian mistress would say "oh no it's the dragon lady" when Maclaine would call Japan.

Right. Even though she was funding their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 2May 4, 2016 12:30 AM

but it was a "donation to NASA" HA!

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2016 12:32 AM

Why did they call her 'the dragon lady'?

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2016 12:32 AM

There were many memorable events.

When Sachi was at her mother's house with Shirley and her sex therapist friends and they suggested Sachi & her BF should go to the bedroom and lose her virginity so they'd be on hand to comment and advise after the deed was done.

& they actually did it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2016 12:35 AM

I'm going to go 'out on a limb' here, and say Miss MacLaine may not be wrapped too tight... allegedly. But she is proof Warren Beatty didn't fuck everybody. I think.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2016 12:36 AM

Because she is a bitch r4

by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2016 12:38 AM

R7 Shirley MacLaine died five or six times and she's just sweet as pie.

by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2016 12:41 AM

I love Shirley's relationship with her dog

"We're together 24:7!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2016 12:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2016 12:54 AM

R10 how is that fat shaming?

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2016 12:57 AM

Orientalism, colonialism, cultural appropriation...

Editor! Red tag, please! I feel unsafe in this space.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2016 12:59 AM

Sachi Parker was amazing in Back to the Future!

by Anonymousreply 13May 4, 2016 1:00 AM

----

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 4, 2016 1:02 AM

She was in the audience of a Christina Crawford show I attended in Manhattan a few years ago. Christina narrated old home movies and kept telling us she was "over it" but clearly not.

There was a Q&A at the end and Sachi introduced herself and expected the audience to know who she was, though I think I was the only one. She asked a couple questions I recall, but I never really got her point across. I think she repeated her name 2 or 3 times hoping to be recognized, but really, this was Christina's night, get your own show if you want to be recognized.

by Anonymousreply 15May 4, 2016 1:09 AM

[quote]There was a Q&A at the end and Sachi introduced herself and expected the audience to know who she was, though I think I was the only one.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 16May 4, 2016 1:11 AM

Is Shirley Maclaine a narcissist? Narcissist parents are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 17May 4, 2016 1:11 AM

I don't know what I love about R15's post the most.

I think this, probably:- " a Christina Crawford show I attended in Manhattan a few years ago".

by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2016 1:15 AM

r15 here, I wasn't kidding. I seriously paid money to hear her speak. And we didn't even get a free Snapple at the Snapple Theater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2016 1:24 AM

Sachi Parker was on House Hunters. I think they mentioned she was Maclaine's daughter at least a dozen times.

I don't think she bought anything.

by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2016 1:48 AM

Does the book touch on her demonic possession and subsequent exorcism in Japan?

by Anonymousreply 21May 4, 2016 1:49 AM

I read the book, and Maclaine sounds like the most horrible parent. At least Crawford loved Christina, in her own twisted way. It was obvious that Maclaine didn't care.

by Anonymousreply 22May 4, 2016 2:06 AM

There are some people in this world who should NEVER have children, and Steve Parker and Shirley MacLaine are two of them. Why DID they have a child, anyway? Apparently they were never around, and poor Sachie was left in the care of nannies or left to her own devices most of the time.

God, I hated that stupid photo session where MacLaine and her mini-me are making identical funny faces and playing dress up. No doubt it generated good publicity (Shirley MacLaine looks like such a FUN mommy!) but it's obviously so fake. Reminds me of the photos of Joan Crawford and little Christina wearing matching "mother and daughter" dresses. I guess Joan thought it was cute, but she looked like a retard idressed in those frilly pinafores. Poor Christina had to wear little girl dresses while even in her teens, which made HER look like a retard.

Sachie was never possessed by a demon, although there were rumors to that effect because the character of Chris MacNeil was based on MacLaine and the photo on the cover of the novel was said to be a image of Sachie, although that was never definitely proven. Supposedly she was shipped off to Japan to prevent her from being kidnapped by the Mafia. That's what Shirley MacLaine said in one of her books; that in order to "appropriate" her talent, the Mafia was planning to snatch little Sachie.

by Anonymousreply 23May 4, 2016 2:07 AM

So that's why Ellen Burstyn sported that gamin hairdo in The Exorcist!

by Anonymousreply 24May 4, 2016 2:09 AM

[quote] Reminds me of the photos of Joan Crawford and little Christina wearing matching "mother and daughter" dresses.

In Chris Elliott's parody of "Mommie Dearest," "Daddy's Boy," he includes photoshopped pictures of himself as a child and his father wearing matching Bella Abzug dresses and floppy hats.

by Anonymousreply 25May 4, 2016 2:20 AM

R23 how does wearing a pinafore make someone look like a retard?

by Anonymousreply 26May 4, 2016 2:51 AM

Oh, God the question troll is on here as well.

by Anonymousreply 27May 4, 2016 3:05 AM

".How does wearing a pinafore make someone look like a retard?"

A little girl pinafore on a grown woman...you don't think that would make somebody look like a retard?

by Anonymousreply 28May 4, 2016 3:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 4, 2016 3:17 AM

The OP picture is very odd. They are both so orange - their skin and hair and even their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 30May 4, 2016 3:35 AM

[quote] The OP picture is very odd. They are both so orange - their skin and hair and even their teeth

What's so very odd about that?

by Anonymousreply 31May 4, 2016 3:37 AM

Without DL I would have spent my life thinking Shirley MacLaine was a fun, charming woman. Based solely on the films she has made and the few interviews I have seen.

But you know what? It didn't bother me to learn she is an odious, nasty piece of work. I'm glad I know. Thanks chums!

by Anonymousreply 32May 4, 2016 3:56 AM

To be fair, if you were her parents, you probably would have shipped her off to Japan and ignored her too.

by Anonymousreply 33May 4, 2016 8:38 PM

Pretty cool that she has a self-sufficient ranch R9.

by Anonymousreply 34May 4, 2016 9:42 PM

R29 of course, she has to preface her interview with "My mother is Shirley MacLaine, the SUPERSTAR!"

by Anonymousreply 35May 4, 2016 9:55 PM

My first time seeing Sachi in action at R29. She looks and sounds like Cynthia Stevenson.

by Anonymousreply 36May 4, 2016 9:58 PM

Why were MacLaine and Parker married for 28 years (1954-1982)? In the interview at R29. Sachi mentions that she grew up mainly with her dad and his mistress in Japan. Sachi was born in '56 and was 26 when they divorced. So why did they remain married?

by Anonymousreply 37May 4, 2016 10:01 PM

[quote]Sachi was born in '56 and was 26 when they divorced. So why did they remain married?

It was probably good for Shirley's image to be married to someone. She never married anyone else (and she was a money cow for him). Did she ever even have a long term relationship with anyone?

by Anonymousreply 38May 4, 2016 10:25 PM

She says in the clip (& in the book) that the Christmas holidays began and she found that no one came to pick her up from her boarding school in Switzerland. She was 14.

The normal thing would have been to write home a few weeks before and ask her parents where she was going to go.

I was at boarding school and communicated with my divorced parents about plans for Christmas long before the holiday began.

by Anonymousreply 39May 4, 2016 10:31 PM

Sachi looks like her mother literally spit her out - the resemblance is really strong.

by Anonymousreply 40May 4, 2016 10:31 PM

Her father was clearly funky.

He took her to some club in Tokyo where the waiters would stir the cocktails with their dicks.

It's definitely a recommended read.

As I said - I first started to read it and thought WTF, a book about being Shirley Maclaine's daughter, why do I even have this? (DL was talking about it, when it came out)- but it's good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 4, 2016 10:36 PM

r32 Me too. I always liked her and thought she had a lot of warmth, for lack of a better word. I know better now.

Mickey Rourke said in an interview that Warren Beatty was one of the "creepiest puke asses" he'd ever met. Made me laugh, but also wonder what the hell Warren said or did when they met.

by Anonymousreply 42May 4, 2016 10:36 PM

[quote]I always liked her and thought she had a lot of warmth, for lack of a better word.

& she's witty and eccentric and a good actress.

by Anonymousreply 43May 4, 2016 10:38 PM

[quote]He took her to some club in Tokyo where the waiters would stir the cocktails with their dicks.

Hence the name of the drink.

by Anonymousreply 44May 4, 2016 10:42 PM

[quote]She was in the audience of a Christina Crawford show I attended in Manhattan a few years ago. Christina narrated old home movies and kept telling us she was "over it" but clearly not.

So Sachi & CC clearly, hooked up. Imagine what their conversations were like.

by Anonymousreply 45May 4, 2016 10:43 PM

[quote][R29] of course, she has to preface her interview with "My mother is Shirley MacLaine, the SUPERSTAR!"

To be fair that's the whole premise of the book and she's not hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 46May 4, 2016 10:45 PM

[quote]Sachi Parker was on House Hunters. I think they mentioned she was Maclaine's daughter at least a dozen times.I don't think she bought anything.

Apparently she ended up buying a place in The Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 47May 4, 2016 10:48 PM

R47 New YOrk?

by Anonymousreply 48May 4, 2016 10:53 PM

The question troll is back. Question: Do you never give up, hon?

by Anonymousreply 49May 4, 2016 10:55 PM

The question troll is a nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 50May 4, 2016 10:56 PM

R43: She's always played the same role--it was winsome and sometimes kooky when she was young, eccentric and brittle when she got old--basically what happens to those winsome types when they're alone or have alienated their kids). In between she was pretty unemployable and starting writing those silly "past lives" memoirs which got her publicity and a following of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 51May 4, 2016 10:58 PM

This was the first book I downloaded on kindle. I liked it but I can't remember a single thing about it.

by Anonymousreply 52May 4, 2016 11:10 PM

It's the same for me with Kindle books. It doesn't feel like real reading.

by Anonymousreply 53May 4, 2016 11:16 PM

I want to go to a restaurant where the waiters stir the drinks with their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 54May 5, 2016 12:30 AM

Shirley should be proud to have a daughter who was once employed by Qantas.

The Rain Man says they have an excellent safety record.

by Anonymousreply 55May 5, 2016 12:41 AM

Why doesn't Sachi have a Japanese accent, since she was brought up there?

by Anonymousreply 56May 5, 2016 12:59 AM

R17 ["Is Shirley Maclaine a narcissist? "]

Is Elton John gay? Is Barbra Streisand Jewish? Do the Kardashians have any money? Hahahaha

I read excerpts of the book. Enjoyed it more than I thought. Maybe I'm too trusting but I believed every word. But funny, it never dawned on me that Warren Beatty is Sachi's uncle. Why didn't he give her a part in one of his movies?

by Anonymousreply 57May 5, 2016 1:20 AM

I would suspect that Shirley has discussed how "hurt" she was because she probably felt it was expected of her. But deep down she should be proud. Sachi took initiative and showed she could be just as opportunistic as her mother - (the most famous of "understudy becomes a big star" stories). Wouldn't Shirley have done exactly the same thing? (and probably been less kind).

Besides, if Shirley had praised it and hadn't acted all betrayed, less people would buy it.

by Anonymousreply 58May 5, 2016 1:26 AM

They had an "open" marriage. They didn't divorce sooner because why bother? Both of them do anything they wanted to do, and they were both ok with that. What I'd like to know is why they got married in the first place. She was very young at the time; maybe that had something to do with it. I don't know why he married her; maybe he thought she was cute. And since both of them were completely narcissistic, I have no idea why they had poor Sachi. They paid so little attention to her that it can be said she never had any parents at all. At any rate, Parker and MacLaine stayed married until she found out from a "channeler" that he was a fraud (what a surprise!) and had been for years squandering her money and funneling the rest into an account in his mistress's name. MacLaine said that she considered finding out what her husband really was a learning experience and that "Steve has been a master for me if for no other reason than because of him I became free of blinding dependence on a man." It took her 25 years to find him out.

Even then, she didn't know what a perv he was. In Sachi's book she would recount how he would take her to bed with him and sleep spooned in back of her, his erection poking into her butt. He'd take her dancing and grind his pelvis against her. He was always commenting on her breasts, or lack of them He'd say in reference to her breasts "two fried eggs comin' up!" He'd tickle her until it became excruciating. He'd play "the licking game" in which he'd lick her all over. That poor girl. It's a wonder she's not totally insane, what with a pervy father and a loony mother.

by Anonymousreply 59May 5, 2016 1:33 AM

[quote]Sachi took initiative and showed she could be just as opportunistic as her mother - (the most famous of "understudy becomes a big star" stories).

What's this?

by Anonymousreply 60May 5, 2016 1:41 AM

The book was a good read but it is sad. MacLaine and her multi-decade fame and old school STAR quality casts a very big shadow over Sachi that she struggles to live with—or without.

by Anonymousreply 61May 5, 2016 2:23 AM

Steve Parker was very hot. Google him.

MacLaine had a decade long affair with Dean Martin. Is that in Sachi's book?

by Anonymousreply 62May 5, 2016 1:16 PM

Sachi has nothing to lose because Shirley told her (years before the book) that she and her kids would get nothing. She is leaving her entire estate to some guru who believe in multiple lives. In addition the minute Sachi graduated from High School, Shirley cut her off financially. Which is fine, but despite graduating with high grades and wanting to go to University, Shirley refused to even pay tuition.

by Anonymousreply 63May 5, 2016 1:23 PM

Shirley never wanted her to begin with. She knew she would make an awful mother (she did), and shipped her off with her father to live and paid out the ass to do it. The saddest victim in this entire mess is Sachi (the child usually is) because she cannot find herself and move on with her own identity and life.

by Anonymousreply 64May 5, 2016 1:32 PM

[quote] She knew she would make an awful mother (she did), and shipped her off with her father to live and paid out the ass to do it.

But it is terrible that the money never trickled down to Sachi, as the father used the child support for himself.

by Anonymousreply 65May 5, 2016 1:34 PM

r65 Again, Shirley is to blame for not setting up a trust for Sachi, but it was easier for her to send a check every month to the father and ignore what was happening to her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 66May 5, 2016 1:38 PM

R66 Shirley told Sachi she shouldn't get any money, because she wanted to instill 'tough love' to her. The money Shirley gave Steve was for a roof over Sachi head, clothes and food, That is it. Steve also cut off Sachi financially once she turned 18 as well. Because the checks stopped coming.

by Anonymousreply 67May 5, 2016 1:41 PM

r67 Shirley is a cold, crazy, heartless bitch who only gave a shit about her own career and life.

by Anonymousreply 68May 5, 2016 1:45 PM

From the other side when Sachi turned 18 Shirley gave her a diamond bracelet. The said you are on your own. Shirley reasoning was that she made a success of herself without any help from her parents, and wanted Sachi to do the same for herself. Sachi wanted to further her education by going to University. Shirley said that wonderful, then asked Sachi how she was going to pay for it. Because Shirley was not going to give Sachi one more dime since she was now 18 and on her own. Steve (the father) said the same thing. You are on your own and if you want to go to University, you have to pay for it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 69May 5, 2016 1:50 PM

R2 how did Joan love Christina in her own way? I can't recall any tenderness she may have expressed to her.

by Anonymousreply 70May 5, 2016 3:02 PM

She did this Pepsi commercial with Shirley, back in 1986.

Shirley got a million, Sachi got 'the standard rate' or whatever is the correct term.

"Sweetheart..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Sachi did the anchor work for a short lived US based network about Japan a long while back. She did it in Japanese and did a great job. I'm surprised she didn't go into broadcasting because she proved she had a talent for it.

by Anonymousreply 72May 5, 2016 3:06 PM

Shirley thought she should be a TV cook - which pissed Sachi off tremendously.

She suggested straight after she'd seen Sachi in a play.

by Anonymousreply 73May 5, 2016 3:14 PM

This seems to be a made for youtube TV drama (aka 'web series') -starring - Sachi Parker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 5, 2016 3:19 PM

If Carol Haney hadn't broken her ankle during the run of "The Pajama Game" and MacLaine replaced her and was 'discovered' on that fateful night, she'd being selling souvenirs today on Canal Street.

by Anonymousreply 75May 5, 2016 3:20 PM

I could barely handle 1 minute of that 'web series' @R74.

by Anonymousreply 76May 5, 2016 3:21 PM

[quote]Shirley thought she should be a TV cook - which pissed Sachi off tremendously.

Why did it piss her off?

by Anonymousreply 77May 5, 2016 3:27 PM

Fuck off Question Troll - you're beyond annoying.

by Anonymousreply 78May 5, 2016 3:30 PM

r77 Because Shirley was basically telling her she couldn't act.

by Anonymousreply 79May 5, 2016 3:30 PM

[quote][R77] Because Shirley was basically telling her she couldn't act.

Don't bother answering his dumb questions. He does it just to annoy people.

by Anonymousreply 80May 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Why does he do it to annoy people R80?

by Anonymousreply 81May 5, 2016 3:34 PM

Say what you will, I find Shirley pretty great!

Her 24/7 Dog

by Anonymousreply 82May 5, 2016 3:48 PM

R78/R80 you're very rude. Yes, I'm an inquisitive person, but only because I'm trying to understand the post(s) better. A lot of these go over my head, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 83May 5, 2016 4:44 PM

[quote]I'm trying to understand the post(s) better.

Why don't you understand?

[quote] A lot of these go over my head

What do you mean go over your head? What does that mean exactly? Is it like the cow who jumped over the moon?

by Anonymousreply 84May 5, 2016 6:41 PM

Sachi hasn't been on social media since 2013.

Did Shirley send her into space to find her clone/father?

Anybody have any scoop?

by Anonymousreply 85May 15, 2016 10:05 PM

Did MacLaine really have an affair with Dean Martin? I don't think she did. She was pals with all the "Rat Pack", though. I guess they considered a kind of kooky mascot, or something.

by Anonymousreply 86May 15, 2016 11:57 PM

I read the book (well, most of it... I didn't make it all the way through) several years ago. I didn't have a strong opinion about Shirley MacLaine before I read it - I usually enjoyed her in movies, that was about it. Now, I actively loathe her. Horrible human being.

by Anonymousreply 87May 16, 2016 1:28 AM

R87 why didn't you finish the book?

by Anonymousreply 88May 16, 2016 2:06 AM

Sachi hasn't been around in 3 years,

WHERE IS SHE, DAMN IT???

by Anonymousreply 89May 16, 2016 2:13 AM

[quote][R87] why didn't you finish the book?

Oh, no...you know who is back.

by Anonymousreply 90May 16, 2016 5:28 AM

There was some sort of misunderstanding about whether Shirley would pay for Sachi's wedding.

Eventually Shirl agreed to pay and she turned up at the wedding flapping the check around for all to see.

& then managed to turn the whole thing into some sort of tribute to some politician or other.

Weird how fucked up people turn on their children with such dedication & precision.

Apparently Shirley now has 12 dogs. Who's surprised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 16, 2016 5:37 AM

I just ran across an old photo of Shirley MacLaine, and realized she reminded me of Jennifer Lawrence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 16, 2016 6:27 AM

During Sachi's wedding she wheeled in a cake honoring her best friend Bella Abzug's birthday.

I think you call that kind of behavior... narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 93May 16, 2016 1:38 PM

[quote]During Sachi's wedding she wheeled in a cake honoring her best friend Bella Abzug's birthday.

Oh, right...that was it.

Hilarious!

I wonder why there was never at least a TV movie based on Sachi's book.

by Anonymousreply 94May 16, 2016 1:41 PM

Do you think Shirley paid Sachi to shut up or that they reconciled? It would explain the lack of TV movie. WHERE IS SACHI? I am OBSESSED!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 16, 2016 1:48 PM

[quote]WHERE IS SACHI? I am OBSESSED!!!

She lives in The Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 96May 16, 2016 1:51 PM

Can you tell me why she went to all the trouble to launch her successful book and mount her one woman play and then simply vanished right after?

by Anonymousreply 97May 16, 2016 1:53 PM

I love that you posted that pic of Shirley & Bella, R95. You're quite wicked in your subtle way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 16, 2016 1:55 PM

[quote]Can you tell me why she went to all the trouble to launch her successful book and mount her one woman play and then simply vanished right after?

Who do you expect to answer that question?

Which one woman play exactly?

by Anonymousreply 99May 16, 2016 1:56 PM

& how do you know the book was successful?

It got a lot of attention, sure...but any access to the sales figures?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 16, 2016 1:57 PM

What can I say? Those two feminazi's intrigue me!

Sachi needs to get the milk carton treatment, she just dropped out of sight.

by Anonymousreply 101May 16, 2016 1:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 16, 2016 2:00 PM

The book was a yuge best seller, look at all the glowing reviews it got on Amazon.

I got my copy at the Dollar Tree but that is beside the point.

by Anonymousreply 103May 16, 2016 2:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 16, 2016 2:03 PM

Her one woman play was based on her book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 16, 2016 2:03 PM

I knew all that gossip about Shirley being a pain in the ass was true when NO ONE showed up to support her for her Kennedy Center Honors. It was embarrassing, but not as much as that "performance" she gave on Downton Abbey.

by Anonymousreply 106May 16, 2016 2:06 PM

OP, what happened to Sachi? Any news? I can't sleep at night. Her book was really, really good. Shirley was way wackier than Debbie Reynolds ala Postcards From The Edge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2016 2:07 PM

[quote]The book was a yuge best seller, look at all the glowing reviews it got on Amazon.

Doesn't seem too impressive to me :-Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #157,452 in Books

[quote]Her one woman play was based on her book.

ThanKs for the link - I must check it out thoroughly and trak down reviews etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2016 2:07 PM

To be fair, Kathy Bates showed up to the KCH.

by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Is that the current ranking? Well if so, its been 3 years since it was published.

by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2016 2:10 PM

[quote]OP, what happened to Sachi? Any news?

No. I'm really sorry.

[quote] I can't sleep at night. Her book was really, really good.

I know. That's why I started this thread. I read about it here on DL. When I first tried to read it I thought why the fuck am I reading this? and put it back on my shelf. Then I gave it another try & was hooked. I loved her sense of humor most of all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2016 2:13 PM

[quote]Is that the current ranking? Well if so, its been 3 years since it was published.

I don't know how it works.

I'd like to know ho many it sold when it was first published.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2016 2:15 PM

Sachi has the writing talent of Carrie Fisher, I wish she would come out of hibernation.

Meanwhile her mother is doing a new show with Mathew "Lethargic" Broderick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2016 2:22 PM

I think it must be very hard to be the daughter of a famous person and know that your mother is better-looking. See, also, Carrie Fisher, the three spawn of Bruce and Demi, etc.,etc.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2016 2:25 PM

R106 who bothered to show up for KCH, and who was conspicuously absent?

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2016 2:26 PM

[quote]Sachi has the writing talent of Carrie Fisher

You say that, but just because she can write her life story doesn't mean she can do anything else.

If you like these kinds of books check out this one - you won't be disappointed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2016 2:27 PM

[quote]You say that, but just because she can write her life story doesn't mean she can do anything else.

I'm sure if she could have, she would have.

by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2016 2:29 PM

[quote]Her one woman play was based on her book.

Sounds like it was a total mess. Just a cash-in.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2016 2:30 PM

Actually, Sachi's book was very well written and self defecating. She did a very funny chapter about having intestinal problems while filming a movie in Japan.

Humble, warm and wry, SP makes you really feel for her situation and she is pretty kind to her narcissistic mother all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2016 2:34 PM

The fact that Shirley sent $60K a month to her husband's clone in Japan so that he could forward it to NASA who would then forward the money to her real husband who was "living in the Pleiades constellation" working for the government is such a knee-slapper that when Shirley finally sat down and told Sachi about all this, it seems to me this story alone would constitute grounds for involuntary commitment. Miss MacLaine was obviously unable to look after her child. I loved Sachi's book and was one of the first to buy it and discuss it here. I grew up with a New Age father who lived the same type of narcissistic lifestyle, only with less money and a better attitude, and saw first hand the type of hypocrisy these "parents" had while they left their kids and went off in search of gurus and granola. MacLaine says her daughter's book is all fiction, but it's obviously true. If I was MacLaine I would have given Sachi a bundle not to publish it. But I'm glad she did.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2016 2:36 PM

[quote]"Actually, Sachi's book was very well written and self defecating."

Quite so.

by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2016 2:37 PM

[quote]Actually, Sachi's book was very well written and self defecating.

I [bold]wasn't knocking her book[/bold], which I liked a lot - I was referring to her one woman play, which sounds pretty awful...see the link R105 posted.

by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2016 2:39 PM

[quote]Quite so.—still laughing

I think this is called 'trying to make Sachi happen'.

If so, I approve 100%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2016 2:42 PM

Did you mean self-effacing darling? But I like your phrase better. I think self-defecating is what Shirl did when she read the book.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2016 2:42 PM

R119 don't you mean 'self-deprecating,' which means humorously self-critical? Or are you trying to make a pun, because in the next sentence you mention 'intestinal problems.' Defecating means to poop.

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2016 2:44 PM

R114 that didn't seem to hold down Liza Minnelli.

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2016 2:45 PM

I wish Oprah still had a show when Sachi's book came out.

She was always very good in those situations. Unless she's on the Shirley suck-up bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2016 2:46 PM

[quote]I think it must be very hard to be the daughter of a famous person and know that your mother is better-looking.

I don;t really agree. Sachi's pretty cute in her own way.

Do we need yet another photo of Sachi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2016 2:48 PM

Although I never got into SM's past lives and all that, I think there is plenty of room in our world for such thinking (unless it hurts one's family) and am willing to let it be, but the damage SM has done to many has made me sad.

I really enjoyed her book about her visit to China back when it was the Forbidden Kingdom, and how she brought all sorts of different US women including a fundie (even though we didn't call them that back then.) For many years, I thought that was her jumping off point for all the spiritual stuff, but now it seems it has been a life long thing.

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2016 3:23 PM

[quote]To be fair, Kathy Bates showed up to the KCH.

Of course, when I think of Shirley's career, Kathy bates is the first co-star on my list.

True that she outlived many of her early co-stars, but...

No Streep or Nichols from PFTE.

Not a soul from Steel Magnolias.

Terms of Endearment?

Her brother?

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2016 3:32 PM

So who WAS there, besides Kathy Bates?

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2016 3:35 PM

When I said Kathy Bates, I actually meant it in the "is that all they could dig up?" kind of way. I TRULY don't remember what project they did together. I don't even think Mr. Google knows...

But really, you would think Nicholson would at least show up for her. It would have been fanFUCKINGtastic!

Has anybody mentioned that SP wrote that her mother had Marion Ross's scene cut from Evening Star because it was so good she would have won a best supporting actress Oscar. And that she also sabotaged SP's own career many, many times. Never gave her a dime and insisted she and a couple of sex gurus observed her loss of virginity so they could help her through the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2016 3:52 PM

[quote]Has anybody mentioned that SP wrote that her mother had Marion Ross's scene cut from Evening Star because it was so good she would have won a best supporting actress Oscar.

I remember she was nominated for a Golden Globe for that. Too bad MacLaine cost her an Oscar nod.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2016 4:26 PM

[quote]Has anybody mentioned that SP wrote that her mother had Marion Ross's scene cut from Evening Star because it was so good she would have won a best supporting actress Oscar. And that she also sabotaged SP's own career many, many times. Never gave her a dime and insisted she and a couple of sex gurus observed her loss of virginity so they could help her through the process.

Yes, most of that has been discussed on this thread already.

Read the thread! You is lazy, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2016 4:40 PM

R134 I don't recall the Marion Ross/Oscar thing being mentioned before.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2016 4:42 PM

[quote][R134] I don't recall the Marion Ross/Oscar thing being mentioned before.

True!

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2016 4:44 PM

I'd like to re-read the whole thread but 'The Question Troll' drives me insane.

& he'd already arrived at R4.

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2016 4:47 PM

It's a Fact: It is said that MacLaine's friend, William P Blatty, based the characters of Chris and Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist on Shirley and Sachi. One consequence was that people believed Sachi was possessed.

Blatty went on to write "Finding Peter" about using the ouija board to contact his dead son.

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2016 4:51 PM

R137 as my grandmother used to say: 'There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.'

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2016 4:52 PM

[quote][R137] as my grandmother used to say: 'There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.'

No disrespect but she sounds stupid.

Let's get back to Sachi.

I'd pay REAL money to see that NYC property show with Sachi looking for a place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2016 4:59 PM

[quote]It's a Fact: It is said that MacLaine's friend, William P Blatty, based the characters of Chris and Regan MacNeil in The Exorcist on Shirley and Sachi.

OMG!

Makes sense. There is something in their dynamic that rings true.

[quote]One consequence was that people believed Sachi was possessed.

OMG! poor Sachi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2016 5:01 PM

Grandma is ALWAYS right!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2016 5:05 PM

Did this book cause any tension or rift between mother and daughter?

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2016 5:10 PM

Of course it did, R143.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2016 5:14 PM

Shirley was no help to her daughter who btw would have made a fine Arnelle.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2016 5:18 PM

As I said in my OP - she kept pushing Sachi in the shit and Sachi [bold]kept coming back for more.[/bold] Over & over & over...

Until finally THE BOOK.

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2016 5:23 PM

How could she have rejected a sweet little baby like that? Couldn't she have hired someone to take care of her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2016 5:29 PM

[quote] Couldn't she have hired someone to take care of her?

She wanted her on the other side of the world.

TWO YEARS OLD & all on her on a LA/Tokyo flight.

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2016 5:33 PM

Excuse me --

Sinead O'Connor is missing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Shirley must have been her abused in her childhood to treat her own child this way.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2016 5:39 PM

Sinead was found hijacking this thread apparently.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2016 5:40 PM

[quote]Sinead O'Connor is missing —Not Paid

Why on the Sachi Parker thread of all places?

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2016 5:40 PM

Sorry -- not a paid member. Can't start threads

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2016 5:43 PM

[quote]Sinead O'Connor is missing —Not Paid

Here you go >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2016 5:43 PM

sorry , no ----here >>>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2016 5:43 PM

Can we forget Sinead now and get back to Sachi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2016 5:53 PM

Hoe could she give her baby up like that, I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2016 6:15 PM

So Kathy Bates was the only one to honor Shirley for her Kennedy Center Honors?// Yikes...she must have been insufferable.

I watched Bernie over the weekend--a Richard Linklater film w/ Jack Black and Shirley. Shirley's character was a real demanding bitch and although the character was wealthy, her kids seemed to ignore her. I guess the role wasn't a stretch for her.

How do you brag so much about spiritual mumbo jumbo and yet, in reality, act like an awful person?

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2016 6:42 PM

[quote]Hoe could she give her baby up like that, I just don't get it.

Because she clearly didn't want the child.

& she kept here there....after that there were boarding schools in Switzerland & 2 in England...with mother in LA.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2016 6:43 PM

[quote]How do you brag so much about spiritual mumbo jumbo and yet, in reality, act like an awful person?

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2016 6:44 PM

Shirley sure didn't have a problem using Sachi for publicity photos when she was a baby and toddler. Shades of Joan and Christina?

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2016 6:46 PM

See R15 - R161 (news from the front line).

They know each other.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2016 6:53 PM

r162 I'm married to him. Catch up.

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2016 6:55 PM

I could see shipping a kid off to boarding school especially if the kid is a pain in the ass but a sweet little BABY? Sachi was adorable and as a narcissist you would think Irma La Douche would want a mini me hanging around her.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2016 6:59 PM

[quote]Shirley sure didn't have a problem using Sachi for publicity photos when she was a baby and toddler.

It continued into adulthood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2016 7:00 PM

[quote][R162] I'm married to him. Catch up.

You're married to R15? Did you both go to the event?

by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2016 7:07 PM

So does anybody have a Sachi sighting for me?

by Anonymousreply 167May 16, 2016 7:53 PM

[quote]So does anybody have a Sachi sighting for me?

Sachi, you in danger gurl.

by Anonymousreply 168May 16, 2016 8:05 PM

[quote]how did Joan love Christina in her own way?

Well at least she paid for Tina to go to college.

Carnegie Mellon ain't cheap, either.

by Anonymousreply 169May 16, 2016 8:14 PM

From Sachi's Facebook page, for R15 ...(May 12, 2013)

"Out with Christina Crawford, after seeing her show, "Surviving Mommie Dearest". A lovely, intelligent, straight-forward person and a real survivor - I found her documentary touching and inspirational!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 16, 2016 8:47 PM

Why didn't her uncle Warren help her with college? Or Aunt Annette?

The whole family sounds like trash.

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2016 8:50 PM

When it comes to sales figures, Sachi beats Shirley.

Sachi's book "Lucky Me" released in 2013 is ranked 52,829 on Amazon. Shirley's latest "Above the Line" released in 2016 is ranked 72,782.

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2016 8:53 PM

Shirley also forgot about Sachi at boarding school during Christmas Break. She never came after her and she spent the holidays with the family of a schoolmate.

She also says her dad molested her.

by Anonymousreply 173May 16, 2016 9:16 PM

Are Uncle Warren and Aunt Annette on Team Shirley or Team Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 174May 16, 2016 9:22 PM

Where's my creme brulee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 16, 2016 9:23 PM

I'd bet money on Team Sachi R174. They weren't there for the KCH. Hell, not even Chita showed up and she'll come to the opening of a garage door.

by Anonymousreply 176May 16, 2016 9:27 PM

Chita will play Michele Lee's life partner for a check!

by Anonymousreply 177May 16, 2016 9:32 PM

[quote]I'd bet money on Team Sachi [R174]. They weren't there for the KCH. Hell, not even Chita showed up and she'll come to the opening of a garage door.[/quote]

Lmao the part about Chita showing up to a garage door opening had me spit out my coffee lol! That was good. :)

by Anonymousreply 178May 16, 2016 9:41 PM

Sachi barely knows Warren. He was always pretty aloof with her.

But I seem to remember there's some point when she spent some time with him, as an adult - anyone remember?

by Anonymousreply 179May 16, 2016 9:51 PM

So which modern celebrities are awful to their children? I would think Reese and Angelina Jolie would not be as awful as Joan C or Shirley.

by Anonymousreply 180May 16, 2016 10:02 PM

Is Irma La Douche bi polar, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 181May 16, 2016 10:10 PM

I'm pretty sure Sachi was an adult when auntie Annette came along.

by Anonymousreply 182May 16, 2016 11:04 PM

I wonder why she dropped out of sight, was she blackballed?

by Anonymousreply 183May 17, 2016 12:39 AM

R182 yeah, Annette and Warren met during the making of BUGSY in 1991, when Sachi (b. September 1956) was 34-going-35. Bening (b. May 1958) is actually a year and a half YOUNGER than Sachi.

by Anonymousreply 184May 17, 2016 12:43 AM

Sachi was an abused child, I wish Shirley could realize the error of her and the clone's ways.

by Anonymousreply 185May 17, 2016 12:57 AM

[quote]I wonder why she dropped out of sight, was she blackballed?

Maybe she was driven off the road.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186May 17, 2016 2:36 AM

[quote]Sachi's book "Lucky Me" released in 2013

OMG! The year she fell from sight!

by Anonymousreply 187May 17, 2016 2:45 AM

It just seems weird that she would go to all that trouble to be noticed and then *poof* she disappears without a trace.

Is she in space with Daddy or clone Daddy?

This is a story that demands answers!

by Anonymousreply 188May 17, 2016 1:49 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't a meeting with Shirl, after the book came out.

& some sort of financial agreement.

by Anonymousreply 189May 17, 2016 1:55 PM

With all she endured, it's surprising she DOESN'T have BPD à la Sinead O'Connor.

by Anonymousreply 190May 17, 2016 2:04 PM

She actually seems sane, that's why.

In fact the reason she's sane could have a lot to do with NOT having grown up in Los-Weird-Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2016 2:06 PM

& far away from her nutty mother.

by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2016 2:07 PM

Do you think Shirley had the capacity to actually apologize to her?

by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2016 5:11 PM

R193 narcissists never apologize for anything, because they think they never do anything wrong. I've been estranged from my adoptive mom for several years, because she's a big time NPD. It's hard to have a relationship with someone who thinks they're perfect and that you're always in the wrong, never them.

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2016 5:36 PM

Yes, but this book might have made her sit up and think for a moment.

Where the fuck's Sachi? Will we ever hear the rest of the story?

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2016 5:40 PM

Shirl sounds like a real Irma La Douche Bag.

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2016 6:03 PM

Maybe, God forbid, Sachi is ill?

by Anonymousreply 197May 18, 2016 1:05 AM

[quote]Maybe, God forbid, Sachi is ill?

God, what a dreadful thought!

by Anonymousreply 198May 18, 2016 1:06 AM

Too bad. I love Shirley MacLaine as an actress. She was an unusual type of character actress movie star.

by Anonymousreply 199May 18, 2016 2:20 AM

The Bronx? I think lower Westchester.

by Anonymousreply 200May 18, 2016 2:39 AM

Is she okay? R200?

by Anonymousreply 201May 18, 2016 3:54 AM

I heard The Bronx - can't remember where.

by Anonymousreply 202May 18, 2016 7:26 AM

[quote]Is she okay? [R200]?

Someone needs to rein in their Sacha obsession or this could end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2016 8:57 AM

sorry, Sachi obsession, not Sacha.

But I'm beginning to wonder where the fuck she is too.

Her disappearance following the book is weird.

Maybe one of her kiddies is on Facebook & can fill us in. Put our minds at rest.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2016 10:14 AM

Maybe the Pleiades?

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2016 1:26 PM

Has she moved in with Sinead?

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2016 2:49 PM

I found out that the daughter is in college now.

That's all I could come up with.

Sachi hasn't been heard from in years though.

Strange.

What kind of weird hold does Shirl still have on her daughter that she would just completely drop out of sight after having an incredibly successful book launch?

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2016 3:09 PM

Will you bitches just let it go, the past is the past. Move on, I have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 18, 2016 3:21 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2016 4:05 PM

She's turning Japanese I really think so...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2016 4:08 PM

r207 Maybe Shirley finally coughed up some of her fortune and gave it to Sachi.

by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2016 4:15 PM

I saw this in a movie once. Shirl signed Sachi's insurance policy. Then she bumped her off!

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2016 4:23 PM

The damage was already done to her image via the book. Why would she pay her off AFTER all the outlandish secrets were revealed?

Something is UP here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2016 4:31 PM

I am NOT Shirley Maclaine.

by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2016 4:43 PM

[quote]The damage was already done to her image via the book. Why would she pay her off AFTER all the outlandish secrets were revealed?

Because the book made her confront her daughter's deep unhappiness with her.

& part of that was the way her mother was with money.

From what I can gather Sachi was not in a good place financially (The Bronx etc...) & it was time she got some sort of real money from her mother.

My feeling is Shirl beckoned her to the ranch and had it out with her and peace and an agreement of sorts was reached - hence the silence.

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2016 5:11 PM

[quote]What kind of weird hold does Shirl still have on her daughter that she would just completely drop out of sight after having an incredibly successful book launch?

You mean milk it further? She tried with her crappy one woman play or whatever it was, but it was a flop. There's only so much you can do to milk that sort of cow.

As I said before - shame Oprah wasn't around when the book launched.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2016 5:18 PM

That makes sense R215 .

I just wonder why Sachi would abandon her acting career, she was finally getting noticed in the theatrical world.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2016 5:20 PM

The Bronx? Where does it say she lived in the Bronx. In the book, she's married to a wealthy guy and lives in like Old Greenwich or someplace like that.

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2016 5:20 PM

She must have made at least several million dollars from that book of hers.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2016 5:23 PM

[quote]She must have made at least several million dollars from that book of hers.

No way! About $250,000 the most & two kids to put thru college.

You make out like her book 'changed America'.

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2016 5:25 PM

[quote]The Bronx? Where does it say she lived in the Bronx. In the book, she's married to a wealthy guy and lives in like Old Greenwich or someplace like that.

No. She divorced and clearly, for some reason or other, didn't get a great settlement.

I read The Bronx somewhere, I think in connection to that property show she did in Manhattan - that she ended up in The Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2016 5:28 PM

It did change the world for a lot of people who had narcissistic parents. and who could identify with her situation.

Maybe not the clone stuff.

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2016 5:30 PM

SINGLE GIRL CRISIS #2: DIVORCING MOM FINDS NEW RENTAL AND NEW BFF IN NURTURING BROKER

[quote]Sachi explains she needs a home before the imminent school year and that her budget is $6700 a month. Clearly, Sachi is not a starving actress. Deb commiserates with Sachi's predicament: she too went through a divorce and was a single NYC-livin' mama. I smell an insta-friendship!

[quote]First, Deb takes Sachi to the Upper East Side since it's more similar to Greenwich, CT, where Sachi used to live. This 1,263-square-foot unit runs for an eye-popping $7,000 a month:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2016 5:42 PM

Sachi on the property show >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 18, 2016 5:43 PM

Sachi goofing around on the property show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2016 5:51 PM

Thanks for those links!

SP seems to have a sense of humor about herself.

Her mother seems like a dour person despite her quirks.

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2016 5:54 PM

[quote]SP seems to have a sense of humor about herself.

If you read her book you know that already.

She's a fun girl. (see pic @ R225)

by Anonymousreply 227May 18, 2016 5:57 PM

Is it possible one of Sachi's friends are reading this thread and letting her know how much we all still care about her?

Sachi, come back!

by Anonymousreply 228May 18, 2016 6:01 PM

[quote]Is it possible one of Sachi's friends are reading this thread and letting her know how much we all still care about her?

I'm [bold]SURE[/bold] Sachi has a handful of gay friends. She's that kind of gal. So, possibly.

by Anonymousreply 229May 18, 2016 6:12 PM

R229 is right.

Our message of support will get to her somehow. She must have her share of "gays". Said with all due respect and self love.

by Anonymousreply 230May 18, 2016 6:22 PM

She made up with Tony so anything is possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 18, 2016 6:56 PM

Why was she angry at Tony Hopkins?

by Anonymousreply 232May 18, 2016 7:13 PM

R232 Anthony Hopkins, who worked beside her in A CHANGE OF SEASONS, called her "the most obnoxious actress I have ever worked with".

by Anonymousreply 233May 18, 2016 7:14 PM

Excellent sleuthing R223 - 225 !!

Yeah, I got the feeling she is a nice person from reading her book as well. I wonder what her relationship is like with her Mom now. Maybe they don't even have one. Shirl deserves to be ignored. But Sachi is probably still hoping.

by Anonymousreply 234May 18, 2016 7:27 PM

I agree, excellent sleuthing!

Its ironic that MacLaine's most heralded role was that of an overly protective mother when she seemed kind of either bored or contemptuous of her own daughter for the most part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235May 18, 2016 7:30 PM

Oh ENOUGH about Sachi already! Mom never treated me any better. At least she got to be on the Life cover with Mom. I've always had to be on my own as well. If you want MY story, read my authorized biography. It'll make your head spin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 18, 2016 7:35 PM

[quote]Its ironic that MacLaine's most heralded role was that of an overly protective mother

I don't know if she was overly protective. She was quite a destructive force in her daughter's life. She hated her daughter's husband and was very difficult about giving them money when they needed it.

by Anonymousreply 237May 18, 2016 7:35 PM

GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 18, 2016 7:37 PM

[quote]Oh ENOUGH about Sachi already!

Enough about Sachi? It's Sachi's fucking thread! whoever you are (I personally have no interest in knowing).

by Anonymousreply 239May 18, 2016 7:38 PM

[R239] - Huh. Born without the humor gene were you?

by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2016 7:42 PM

[quote]when she seemed kind of either bored or contemptuous of her own daughter for the most part.

What's rather interesting about Sachi & the book is - very often when these kinds of books come out there are usually a bunch of people (sometimes man) who refuse to believe the stories - but this hasn't happened with Sachi at all. Everyone seems to believe her.

by Anonymousreply 241May 18, 2016 7:43 PM

Both Aurora and Shirley advised their daughters to have an abortion.

Sachi said her abortion was the biggest regret of her life. Shirley wouldn't fork over a dime in support, that cunt.

Aurora ended up raising all three children.

Flap was a deadbeat dad but cute as hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 18, 2016 7:43 PM

(sometimes man) = sometimes many.

by Anonymousreply 243May 18, 2016 7:44 PM

R241, YES!

NOBODY stood up for Shirley, nobody spoke out against the book.

Chilling.

by Anonymousreply 244May 18, 2016 7:45 PM

[quote]Huh. Born without the humor gene were you?

I'm sorry...I saw the words 'Oh ENOUGH about Sachi already!' and thought WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

A knee jerk reaction.

Back to Sachi...

by Anonymousreply 245May 18, 2016 7:47 PM

Both Shirley MacLaine and Warren Beatty have a deep-seated fear of, bitterness for and alienation from the opposite sex.

I’ve noticed in the last ten years that Shirley, whenever she makes a public appearance or talk show visit, regularly makes comments about how men should be more open to their feminine side. It comes across like a command. What is there in the masculine that she objects to?

Warren, of course, has fucked (over) women his entire life. One of his greatest seductions wasn’t even in the sack. He lured Pauline Kael to quit The New Yorker and come to Hollywood as a producer-ette. She bombed – maybe even was sabotaged.

by Anonymousreply 246May 18, 2016 7:50 PM

[quote]What is there in the masculine that she objects to?

Maybe she has too much of her own to have a decent relationship with a man.

Has she ever even had a long term relationship with a man? Name him.

She had the brief fling with Sachi's father and then sent them both across the world and paid for them to stay there.

& now, there she is living out her twilight years in the middle of nowhere, all on her own, with only her dog for company.

by Anonymousreply 247May 18, 2016 7:57 PM

Odd how there were no newspaper reports when Sachi got divorced.

& only one photo of her husband online (with Shirley, of course).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 18, 2016 8:08 PM

I always thought Shirley was somewhat professionally and maybe even personally close with the Jack Lemmon-Walter Matthau-Billy Wilder troika and their wives.

I wonder what they thought of her? Can't imagine the sardonic Matthau or Wilder putting up with her New Age horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 249May 18, 2016 8:13 PM

Interesting how Shirley had a dining table from the set of Terms Of Endearment in her home (see link) & shows it to Oprah's people when they come round.

I guess it was the golden moment in her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 18, 2016 8:18 PM

For all my Shirley bashing I used to be a yuge fan despite the New Age horse shit.

I always wondered why she didn't get the various life achievement awards that were her due. It took a VERY long time before she FINALLY got them.

Meanwhile Olivia DeHavilland who never gave anybody a moment's trouble GETS NOTHING!

by Anonymousreply 251May 18, 2016 8:20 PM

A lot of actresses presented at her AFI tribute: Meryl, Julia, Sally, plus Jen Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 252May 18, 2016 8:32 PM

Yes but they didn't make the trip to D.C.!

by Anonymousreply 253May 18, 2016 8:37 PM

Interesting.

I was watching this old British (gay) documentary from the 1970s - in it, there was a reference to how Shirley had made disparaging remarks about homosexuals in the press at the time (circa 1971).

by Anonymousreply 254May 18, 2016 8:40 PM

[quote]Shirley had made disparaging remarks about homosexuals in the press at the time (circa 1971)

I don't doubt it. There was that scene in the book where Sachi walked into her father's luxury hotel room in Waikiki (just a few blocks from the slum she was starving in) and found herself in the middle of an male orgy. Maybe Shirl was bitter when she realized her gorgeous husband liked boys too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 18, 2016 8:47 PM

She also said some anti semtic things that were so controversial here that a thread got shut down so don't say anything...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256May 18, 2016 8:49 PM

R253 if they weren't in DC, how did they present?

by Anonymousreply 257May 18, 2016 8:51 PM

[quote]Maybe Shirl was bitter when she realized her gorgeous husband liked boys too.

No. I don't think she gave a shit about that as long as he looked after Sachi and stayed in Japan.

Who the fuck moved to [bold]Tokyo[/bold] in the swinging 60s? London, maybe...but Tokyo?

by Anonymousreply 258May 18, 2016 8:52 PM

I can't believe Shirley MacLaine had her own daughter whacked.

I guess it's true what they say about gingers...

by Anonymousreply 259May 18, 2016 8:53 PM

[quote]There was that scene in the book where Sachi walked into her father's luxury hotel room in Waikiki (just a few blocks from the slum she was starving in) and found herself in the middle of an male orgy

& he took Sachi to that cocktail bar where the waiters stirred the drinks with their dicks.

by Anonymousreply 260May 18, 2016 8:54 PM

Remember Ramtha? Linda Evans and Shirley MacLaine's 2,000 channeler? Well Ramtha apparently had a bad hangover when he went on this rant:

“Fuck God’s chosen people! I think they have earned enough cash to have paid their way out of the goddamned gas chambers by now,” she says as members of the audience snicker. There are also titters when she declares Mexicans “breed like rabbits” and are “poison,” that all gay men were once Catholic priests, and that organic farmers have questionable hygiene."

by Anonymousreply 261May 18, 2016 8:55 PM

R257,

I am not sure what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 262May 18, 2016 8:57 PM

Where did you get that from, R261?

by Anonymousreply 263May 18, 2016 8:57 PM

[quote]Who the fuck moved to Tokyo in the swinging 60s? London, maybe...but Tokyo?

I think good old Steve had hotel suites all around the world, yachts, planes, etc. You could buy a lot in the 60s for $40,000 a month.

by Anonymousreply 264May 18, 2016 8:57 PM

and despite everything Steve or clone Steve is STILL THE LOVE OF HER LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 265May 18, 2016 9:00 PM

R17 from the other old DL Sachi thread wrote:-

[quote]I haven't liked Shirley since she said Ang Lee wasted his time and talent on Brokeback Mountain. She said something like "Do you really think anyone cares about gay cowboys? How old are you?" I saved the link to the interview knowing I'd want to bring up on on DL again, but it went dead a few years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 18, 2016 9:00 PM

R263, R252 stated tjat "a lot of actresses presented at her AFI tribute: Meryl, Julia, Sally, plus Jen Aniston." You at R253 said that they didn't make it to DC. So my question at R257 was, how did they present at MacLaine's KCH tribute, if they weren't there?

by Anonymousreply 267May 18, 2016 9:02 PM

That was meant for R262, btw.

by Anonymousreply 268May 18, 2016 9:02 PM

I think there are only about three people tattling away on this thread (and I'm one of them).

by Anonymousreply 269May 18, 2016 9:04 PM

I am sorry for the confusion.

I meant that the people who showed up for the AFI Honors didn't show up for the Kennedy Center Honors, meaning they didn't want to go out of their L.A. bubble and make a long trip for Shirley.

Only Kathy Bates made the trip. Her own brother didn't even show up. I

Dustin Hoffman had a similar situation with all of his AFI tribute givers not making a long trip for him at the KCH..

by Anonymousreply 270May 18, 2016 9:13 PM

I wonder if there is Life Achievement Award fatigue in Hollywood.

There are so many of them and in foreign locales also that stars probably say to themselves, oh fuck, not another one I have to go to.

by Anonymousreply 271May 18, 2016 9:16 PM

I attended Dustin's induction, r270, but not as one of his presenters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 18, 2016 9:19 PM

I think so.

Especially if they have active careers and don't need the visibility.

Meanwhile, why are they snubbing Olivia DeHavilland? How much longer are they going to be holding out for her?

by Anonymousreply 273May 18, 2016 9:20 PM

M, Why didn't you present?

You went to a lot of trouble just to be off screen?

by Anonymousreply 274May 18, 2016 9:21 PM

M.

That dress was hideous.

Why do you dress like you are remaking Ironweed?

by Anonymousreply 275May 18, 2016 9:23 PM

Whoopi Goldberg would reject that dress.

UGH!

by Anonymousreply 276May 18, 2016 9:26 PM

Aunt Bee wants her bed jacket back!

by Anonymousreply 277May 18, 2016 9:28 PM

Life achievement awards are given according to ratings pull. That's why the AFI changed their rule in the late 90s to give the award to stars whose careers are still active. Tom Hanks was given the award at age 46 for fuck's sake because he could attract eyeballs to the televised show.

Olivia certainly deserved one but most people outside the older and gayer demo don't know who she is and thus wouldn't watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 278May 18, 2016 9:37 PM

R278 Jodie Foster's was in 2000, when she was still only 37 (b. November 19, 1962).

by Anonymousreply 279May 18, 2016 9:44 PM

OK, back to the missing in action, Sachi Parker.

Do you think Shirley had someone off her, or did she get her liver spotted hands dirty herself?

by Anonymousreply 280May 18, 2016 9:55 PM

AFI sold out for ratings.

by Anonymousreply 281May 18, 2016 9:59 PM

Honestly, I think the AFI, Golden Globes, Oscars, Kennedy Center Honors, Lincoln Center Film Society, SAGs, etc. are running out of worthy honorees.

by Anonymousreply 282May 18, 2016 10:02 PM

tell me about it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 18, 2016 10:04 PM

Tell me about it, R282!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 18, 2016 10:06 PM

[quote]One of the 3 Sachi/Shirley trolls typing away.

You're not really a Sachi troll if you're posting on a Sachi thread. You can post about Sachi as many as times as you like and still not be a troll.

You're only a Sachi troll if you start running all over datalounge bringing Sachi into every conversation. Then people get fed up and start calling you out on it...calling you a Sachi Troll.

This is something you do not want.

Now I know what I know, I find these cutesy early photos very 'Mommie Dearest' >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 18, 2016 10:33 PM

Thanks!

I will instead call myself a Sachi enthusiast!

by Anonymousreply 286May 18, 2016 10:36 PM

Yes. Don't denigrate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 287May 18, 2016 10:38 PM

Okay, I won't.

I can still go out on a limb and denigrate Shirley, right?

by Anonymousreply 288May 18, 2016 10:43 PM

[quote]I can still go out on a limb and denigrate Shirley, right?

sure...but this is SACHI's thread. Don't forget it.

Just in case you've forgotten what she looks like, here's Sachi kissing some old queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289May 18, 2016 10:47 PM

That is not an old queen its James Noble from Benson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 18, 2016 10:51 PM

He looks like an old queen.

by Anonymousreply 291May 18, 2016 10:52 PM

At some point we all do!

by Anonymousreply 292May 18, 2016 10:52 PM

Some people think a lot of old str8 men end up looking like lesbians.

There was a whole website dedicated to the phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 293May 18, 2016 10:58 PM

R290. I love Jennifer's tit chakras.

by Anonymousreply 294May 18, 2016 10:58 PM

Any chance Jennifer Aniston would come back to network television? I could see her starring in a sitcom with Sachi about two long lost friends reconnecting in LA after many years apart, renting an apartment together, and making an honest go of it.

by Anonymousreply 295May 18, 2016 11:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296May 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Sachi won Qantas employee of the month TWICE so take that Shirl.

by Anonymousreply 297May 18, 2016 11:40 PM

I loved the part of the book when Mommie Weirdest wanted her to cook a fancy dinner for her friends and handed her a ten dollar bill. When Daughter told her she needed a lot more money to buyr the food Mother accused her of needing the money for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 298May 18, 2016 11:54 PM

Back to the Future Part II would not be the same without Sachi's Oscar-winning performance.

Jump to 2m49s to relive this pivotal scene which takes place back in 1955.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 18, 2016 11:57 PM

Would it have killed her to make a few calls on Sachi's behalf?

by Anonymousreply 300May 19, 2016 12:33 AM

She made calls to sabotage her career, not to help it along. Have you read the book?

by Anonymousreply 301May 19, 2016 12:48 AM

Even though Aunt Annette is younger than her, do you think Annette provides emotional support and comfort to Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 302May 19, 2016 12:49 AM

She has no relationship with Annette at all. She never mentioned her once in the book.

by Anonymousreply 303May 19, 2016 12:54 AM

Aunt Annette is too busy fretting about her eldest daughter's addadictomy operation threats.

by Anonymousreply 304May 19, 2016 12:56 AM

R301,

I have read the book.

I am just questioning her judgement.

by Anonymousreply 305May 19, 2016 1:01 AM

[quote]She made calls to sabotage her career, not to help it along. Have you read the book?

Yeah, who was that famous director who came to Sachi and told her years later that her mother had basically torpedoed her big part in a good movie. Didn't Shirl even suggest her for the part, and then had it taken away from her?

And then the story when Sachi took her family to New Mexico to visit and they got snowed in. Shirl gave them like half a bowl of soup for dinner. It was like something out of Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 306May 19, 2016 2:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 19, 2016 3:16 AM

Thanks R307.

[quote]They still come up to me and say: ‘Shirley MacLaine is your mother? I love her! You are so lucky!’ And you know what? They’re right. I am lucky. I’m here. And I survived.

I can relate to Sachi. My father wasn't a movie star, but a doctor in our small town and beloved by everyone. He was like Shirley, very new age, would adopt any old wacky philosophy that came down the pike. He died three years ago and people still come up to me telling me how he changed their lives and how we must miss him. But he was a lousy, narcissistic, new age fraud, just like Shirley, who cut us out of his life 20 years earlier when he married his fourth wife, only to call my sister to take care of his dying ass when his wife (who was my age) wouldn't come back from AZ where they lived part time. He had a dark inner self, slept with his patients, lived out S&M fantasies on the Internet and confessed he liked to "hurt women" for pleasure. He refused to see my brother and me at the end and, at his request, his ashes were scattered by his devoted new age friends and ex-patients, not by his children. I still play the game to this day, however: "Oh yes," I said to the guy in the drug store last night. "We all miss him. He thought very highly of you." I don't want to ruin their memory of him.

by Anonymousreply 308May 19, 2016 2:45 PM

[quote]And then the story when Sachi took her family to New Mexico to visit and they got snowed in. Shirl gave them like half a bowl of soup for dinner. It was like something out of Oliver.

Sachi was on the way to her house. There was a blizzard. She said "we're going to stop at a diner, the kids are starved" - Shirl said "No! I've cooked dinner - just get here". So, they eventually got there and there was just soup, which she rationed out because she said they were snowed in and might run out of food.

The kids went to bed hungry.

In many ways this is when Sachi should have told her to fuck off.

& in many ways, the truth is >>> It Takes Two To Tango <<< & Sachi tangoed.

She kept going back for more & more & more.

by Anonymousreply 309May 19, 2016 3:32 PM

What a bitch! No one keeps a bare pantry these days, so I imagine Sachi knew she didn't dare to get more food for her kids or her narcissistic mother would go into a rage. I hope Sachi and family are ok now - and maybe some little bit of Shirley believes that karma shit she's rambles on about and will leave Sachi an inheritance (but I doubt it - that's not how narcissists operate - they're sadistic to the bone)

by Anonymousreply 310May 19, 2016 3:38 PM

Right R309. What a beyotch. Starving her grandchildren. "No soup for you!"

And her beach house (not on the water) was an apartment building. Can you imagine being late on your rent and having Shirley MacLaine as your landlord. "Are you on drugs? You can tell me. Is that what it is? Honey I need that check tomorrow or your stuff will be out on the Pacific Coast Highway!!"

by Anonymousreply 311May 19, 2016 3:38 PM

I don't remember the 'beach house rent scenario' at all.

by Anonymousreply 312May 19, 2016 3:41 PM

Does Shirley get along with Sachi's children? Is she a good grandmother? I've known some people who had a contentious relationship with their mother, but their children adore their grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 313May 19, 2016 3:44 PM

If Terry could talk....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 19, 2016 3:44 PM

[quote] Is she a good grandmother?

She sent them to bed starving.

In other words...I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 315May 19, 2016 3:45 PM

I had warned my sister Sachi. Mom did exactly the same thing to me. She totally scuttled my brief attempt at a Hollywood career. The one time I visited her in Malibu all she gave me was soup. Soup. Did she totally forget she'd also shipped me off to Japan as a toddler? Try eating soup with chopsticks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 19, 2016 4:07 PM

You're back pushing Donna Parker, again whoever she is.

Now, where's my 'humor gene'?

by Anonymousreply 317May 19, 2016 4:26 PM

r317 I had to look it up myself. When these Datalounge dingalings use obscure references, which really have nothing to do with the thread, I want to beat them with a wet noodle. BTW, Donna had a lot of adventures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 19, 2016 4:32 PM

R306,

I think its very kind of you to protect his memory like that.

Take comfort in the fact that you have an empathy gene and are a genuinely kind person.

Like Sachi, you were able to break free and become the better person.

Maybe Shirley and your father will be better people in their next incarnation. Not that I really believe in that stuff, but who knows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 19, 2016 4:41 PM

Whoops, I meant R308!

by Anonymousreply 320May 19, 2016 4:46 PM

Poor Shirley won't acknowledge her own daughter and wishes she could ship her back to Japan permanently a meanwhile Aunt Annette worships the ground her kids walk on and supports them through everything, even gender identity issues. Families are strange.

by Anonymousreply 321May 19, 2016 4:56 PM

Has poor Sachi turned up yet? Shouldn't someone call the police?

by Anonymousreply 322May 19, 2016 5:04 PM

I wish Sachi would come out from under Shirley's lawyer approved rock but I guess we will have to live on the crazy stories in the book like when Mommie Weirdest finally showed her love by hand washing out her daughter's underwear stained with period blood clots in the sink with cold water.

by Anonymousreply 323May 19, 2016 5:12 PM

[quote]Has poor Sachi turned up yet? Shouldn't someone call the police?

It's serious, isn't it?

I hadn't realized until now, quite how serious it actually is.

It's very serious.

by Anonymousreply 324May 19, 2016 5:14 PM

Oh, God...poor Sachi!

by Anonymousreply 325May 19, 2016 5:19 PM

Shirley to her credit wasn't a slave to trying to stay youthful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 19, 2016 6:09 PM

Hadn't known about any affair with DEAN MARTIN. The one I positively know about is the one she had with BOB MITCHUM which was on again, off again for some time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327May 19, 2016 7:08 PM

R327 how are you positive about Shirley and Mitchum?

by Anonymousreply 328May 19, 2016 7:10 PM

In her book "My Lucky Stars", MacLaine talks about her affair with Mitchum. Apparently it was a hot affair, but both of them knew they could never be in a permanent relationship together. .

by Anonymousreply 329May 19, 2016 7:23 PM

I hate when the wife gets in the way of my romances.

by Anonymousreply 330May 19, 2016 7:25 PM

[quote]but both of them knew they could never be in a permanent relationship together. .

I could have told then that

by Anonymousreply 331May 19, 2016 7:26 PM

That could not have been fun - the post-book meeting between Shirl & Sachi.

Think about it.

by Anonymousreply 332May 19, 2016 7:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 19, 2016 7:47 PM

Robert Mitchum also fucked Joan Rivers so he wasn't picky.

by Anonymousreply 334May 19, 2016 8:38 PM

They are both disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 19, 2016 8:44 PM

Any word from Sachi yet? There must be something we can do. Does anyone here live near Shirley's home out in the desert? Can you bring a shovel and start digging? I have a feeling you'll find something.

by Anonymousreply 336May 19, 2016 9:37 PM

[quote]Any word from Sachi yet?

I don't know...it all seems to be about Shirley now. The story of Sachi's life, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 337May 19, 2016 9:39 PM

Think of all of the children born in large cities and elsewhere who never even know their fathers, or maybe only meeting them once or twice; yet, when the absentee parent is a woman you want to rip her to shreds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 19, 2016 9:47 PM

Maybe Terry can lead us to the body.

by Anonymousreply 339May 19, 2016 9:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 19, 2016 9:59 PM

Wow, I knew Shirley was crazy, but I didn't realize she would just believe anything anyone would tell her, the more outlandish and crackpot, the better!! Is that a brain disorder of sorts? I'm talking about what her husband told her he was doing with this super secret mission that required half a million a year to fund. She also believed that he had a clone who would take his place while he was doing his top secret work (obviously that was so that it didn't seem odd that he was never physically gone). So I guess she was fine with Sachi being cared for by a clone.

by Anonymousreply 341May 19, 2016 11:40 PM

Shirley was old when she played Ouiser Bourdeaux in Steel Magnolias almost 30 years ago. At that point she had been in a very bad mood for 40 years - I'm sure it continued on these next 30 years. Poor Sachi!

by Anonymousreply 342May 20, 2016 12:42 AM

Any Sachi sightings today?

by Anonymousreply 343May 20, 2016 1:27 AM

The only place where Sachi is still alive is right here on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 344May 20, 2016 1:37 AM

Even if she reconciled with Madame Souzatska why did she give up on acting?

Strange.

by Anonymousreply 345May 20, 2016 2:42 AM

Why did she give up on Qantas? They have a perfect safety record you know.

by Anonymousreply 346May 20, 2016 2:44 AM

I rather doubt her claims that her acting career was torpedoed (especially the Attenborough story). If she were any good on that Capitol soap, she could have forged a career in soaps. Shirley wouldn't have minded. She wanted her daughter to do well, just not better.

by Anonymousreply 347May 20, 2016 2:54 AM

She was very good on Capitol, the show itself was kind of a mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 348May 20, 2016 3:04 AM

Here we go:-

[quote]I rather doubt her claims that her acting career was torpedoed (especially the Attenborough story).

You're doubting her CLAIMS? You think she's lying?

there's more:-

[quote]. Shirley wouldn't have minded. She wanted her daughter to do well, just not better.

There's no evidence of this whatsoever. Quite the opposite, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 349May 20, 2016 4:35 AM

Some sanity:-

[quote][bold]She was very good on Capitol[/bold]

Indeed.

[quote]the show itself was kind of a mind fuck.

by Anonymousreply 350May 20, 2016 4:37 AM

R344 that's what I fear. Now, who will volunteer to start a search out in Shirley's backyard?

by Anonymousreply 351May 20, 2016 12:58 PM

Where did Sachi go?

You tell me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 20, 2016 1:29 PM

It appears r238 is correct - she gave her daughter the shot.

by Anonymousreply 353May 20, 2016 1:37 PM

It is very peculiar the way she's just disappeared.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 20, 2016 2:04 PM

Mediocrity is a hard thing to accept.

by Anonymousreply 355May 20, 2016 2:16 PM

She posted this as late as 2015, so I assume she's near Hamilton, NY, or her kids go to school with the victims.

September 20, 2015 at 10:44 pm

sachi parker murray said: My deepest sympathies go to Ryan’s and Cathryn’s family and friends. Our hearts are broken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 20, 2016 2:23 PM

Good find R356. Let us rejoice in the hope that Sachi is still with us and not trussed up like a turkey, blindfolded and being held in a closet in Taos, NM forced to drink SOUP.

by Anonymousreply 357May 20, 2016 2:26 PM

Fuck, we got it easy by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 358May 20, 2016 2:34 PM

from R365's link:-

September 20, 2015 at 10:44 pm

sachi parker murray said: My deepest sympathies go to Ryan’s and Cathryn’s family and friends. Our hearts are broken.

by Anonymousreply 359May 20, 2016 2:35 PM

sorry... R356's link.

by Anonymousreply 360May 20, 2016 2:35 PM

so...she's probably alive...but why the dead silence?

by Anonymousreply 361May 20, 2016 2:36 PM

Oh, God...sorry again R356.

You'd already copied and pasted the message.

I don't mean to rain on your parade.

I just got very excited to hear she's been heard of as recently as Sep '15.

by Anonymousreply 362May 20, 2016 2:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363May 20, 2016 2:42 PM

Maybe she just wants to live a quiet, unassuming life.

by Anonymousreply 364May 20, 2016 2:45 PM

[quote]Maybe she just wants to live a quiet, unassuming life.

That's not what she wants - but what she got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 20, 2016 2:50 PM

Sachi's daugher, Arin. She looks very happy. From R356 Don't mess up my reference number again! LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366May 20, 2016 2:58 PM

Looks like you messed up this time, R366 (formerly 356)

by Anonymousreply 367May 20, 2016 3:06 PM

Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 368May 20, 2016 4:59 PM

r367 You have to type in her full name, which after your little 'messed up' comment, I'm not giving out. You only had to ask nicely, but that's not the way some DL people like yourself like to behave. Looks like you messed up r367

by Anonymousreply 369May 20, 2016 5:05 PM

r367 Save the comments. I'm off this thread.

by Anonymousreply 370May 20, 2016 5:06 PM

[quote]You have to type in her full name, which after your little 'messed up' comment, I'm not giving out. You only had to ask nicely, but that's not the way some DL people like yourself like to behave. Looks like you messed up [R367]

Oh, dear...total overreaction to my 'messed up' comment after she herself wrote 'Don't mess up my reference number again! LOL'

Very peculiar.

[quote]I'm off this thread.

Good. Don't come back. You're a mess.

This thread isn't about you or ME...it's about Sachi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371May 20, 2016 5:58 PM

Her real name is Stephanie.

by Anonymousreply 372May 20, 2016 6:05 PM

Yes, very fun.

& (fun fact #2) Sachi is short for Sachiko.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373May 20, 2016 6:17 PM

R372 whose?

by Anonymousreply 374May 20, 2016 6:31 PM

Oh, no. The question troll is back to annoy everyone.

I recognize his annoying stupidity in a second.

Whose do you fucking think?

by Anonymousreply 375May 20, 2016 6:46 PM

Whose?

by Anonymousreply 376May 20, 2016 6:51 PM

R375, R372 didn't specify, which is why I inquired.

Incidentally, why is it so bad to be inquisitive? You never learn unless you ask questions, as my grandmother used to say.

by Anonymousreply 377May 20, 2016 7:21 PM

Maybe the best seller set her up for life and she just wants to go on with her life without her mother and all the notoriety that comes with it.

by Anonymousreply 378May 20, 2016 7:38 PM

Stephanie?

by Anonymousreply 379May 20, 2016 10:42 PM

What's your question, please?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 20, 2016 11:55 PM

They are running a Carol Burnett Exorcist parody on ME TV right now!

by Anonymousreply 381May 21, 2016 3:12 AM

Well I guess somebody at Blind Gossip read this thread.

Look at the time stamp!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382May 21, 2016 3:16 AM

Oh dear!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 21, 2016 3:24 AM

How much other info do they find here?

by Anonymousreply 384May 21, 2016 3:26 AM

[quote]Well I guess somebody at Blind Gossip read this thread. Look at the time stamp!

Gee....how many times do the dullards on that site need to say they know it's Sachi & Shirley?

by Anonymousreply 385May 21, 2016 12:16 PM

This is how we treat quizzoids here on the DataLounge...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386May 21, 2016 1:42 PM

Blind Gossip seems to have no ads, how do they make money?

by Anonymousreply 387May 21, 2016 2:14 PM

[quote]How much other info do they find here?

Clearly nothing about what Sachi is up to & why the silence since the book.

by Anonymousreply 388May 21, 2016 2:17 PM

sorry...silence since the book.

by Anonymousreply 389May 21, 2016 2:17 PM

They should call the site Blind Speculation.

by Anonymousreply 390May 21, 2016 3:24 PM

R386 what's a 'quizzoid'?

by Anonymousreply 391May 21, 2016 3:33 PM

You're the quizzoid, question troll.

They're talking about you.

by Anonymousreply 392May 21, 2016 5:01 PM

Shouldn't the blind item be about a certain famous movie star who's most likely had her daughter whacked and buried in her backyard?

by Anonymousreply 393May 21, 2016 5:04 PM

Is Sachi self-defecating at this moment?

by Anonymousreply 394May 21, 2016 5:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 21, 2016 5:17 PM

R395: love child of Barbra Streisand and Phil Spector

by Anonymousreply 396May 21, 2016 6:36 PM

I was thinking Barrie Youngfellow and Ozzie Osbourne.

by Anonymousreply 397May 21, 2016 6:51 PM

Blind Gossip stole from this site.

I can never trust them again!

by Anonymousreply 398May 22, 2016 3:26 AM

R398 what did they steal?

by Anonymousreply 399May 22, 2016 4:24 AM

OMG It's Dr. Tava.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400May 22, 2016 6:17 AM

[quote]Blind Gossip stole from this site.

INSPIRED by this site.

Nowhere else in the world would people ramble on [bold]for weeks[/bold] about Sachi Parker.

by Anonymousreply 401May 22, 2016 9:45 AM

R401 We are a caring lot and worried here about Sachi. We all know the horrible things Shirl is capable of.

by Anonymousreply 402May 22, 2016 1:44 PM

[quote][R401] We are a caring lot and worried here about Sachi. We all know the horrible things Shirl is capable of.

This from the person who wrote :-

[quote]To be fair, if you were her parents, you probably would have shipped her off to Japan and ignored her too.

by Anonymousreply 403May 22, 2016 2:01 PM

R403 Sarcasm requires critical reading and thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 404May 22, 2016 2:19 PM

What other threads here have "inspired" Blind Gossip?

by Anonymousreply 405May 22, 2016 2:50 PM

Where there is crazy, there is usually a mention of Ms. MacLaine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406May 22, 2016 7:16 PM

Sachi, can you hear us?

by Anonymousreply 407May 22, 2016 7:25 PM

What's up with Uncle Warren?

by Anonymousreply 408May 23, 2016 4:53 AM

[R403] Sarcasm requires critical reading and thinking skills.

In other words you were mean about Sachi and now regret it.

by Anonymousreply 409May 23, 2016 5:41 AM

Liz Smith's take on the situation!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410May 23, 2016 1:30 PM

Great link & article, R410.

by Anonymousreply 411May 23, 2016 2:01 PM

[quote][R403] Sarcasm requires critical reading and thinking skills.

No, you were 'being funny' - but it fell flat. Then, you changed sides and became a 'Sachi Friend', which you are very much entitled to do, of course.

Sachi's been through enough quite frankly and Dlers can see this very clearly.

[quote] We are a caring lot and worried here about Sachi. We all know the horrible things Shirl is capable of.

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 412May 23, 2016 2:05 PM

Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 413May 23, 2016 8:40 PM

Yes?!?

by Anonymousreply 414May 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Who'd name their kid 'Sachi?'

by Anonymousreply 415May 23, 2016 9:05 PM

Where's our creme brulee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 23, 2016 9:13 PM

[quote]Who'd name their kid 'Sachi?'

I think we've been over this already. It's an abbreviation of her second name.

You need to take some time to read all FOUR HUNDRED & SIXTEEN posts

by Anonymousreply 417May 23, 2016 9:16 PM

R417 okay, then, who would name their kid 'Sachiko'?

by Anonymousreply 418May 23, 2016 9:23 PM

I hope that when Shirl dies, Warren and Annette will step up and help poor Sachi out.

by Anonymousreply 419May 23, 2016 11:03 PM

I wonder if they read the book.

I should think Annette did.

by Anonymousreply 420May 23, 2016 11:14 PM

& she probably read bits out to Warren as she went along.

by Anonymousreply 421May 23, 2016 11:18 PM

... in bed.

by Anonymousreply 422May 23, 2016 11:36 PM

Meanwhile, I've been toiling away setting to paper all the indignities and materialistic irony of being both F2M and the son of celebrity parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423May 24, 2016 1:08 AM

Sachi writes that Shirley sent her husband $60,000 a month. I wonder if she gave money to the New Agers like Kevin Ryerson.

by Anonymousreply 424May 27, 2016 4:15 AM

Have we found poor Sachi yet?

Has Shirl been questioned?

Are we doing all we can?

by Anonymousreply 425August 3, 2016 5:09 PM

R423 isn't it funny that Annette Bening lost the Oscar TWICE to Hilary Swank, and for her first win Swank won for playing a transgender. And now Bening's daughter is trans.

by Anonymousreply 426August 3, 2016 10:34 PM

Maybe Captain Howdy snatched Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 427August 3, 2016 11:25 PM

Where is she going and what will she find?

by Anonymousreply 428August 7, 2016 4:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429August 7, 2016 11:28 AM

Poetry:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430August 7, 2016 11:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431August 7, 2016 11:30 AM

Jesus, why the hatred for Shirley MacLaine? I thought she was one of our beloved icons?

by Anonymousreply 432August 7, 2016 1:20 PM

I think the crème brulle incident was the pivotal turning point, r432.

by Anonymousreply 433August 7, 2016 1:26 PM

Let her have her crème brûlée. I still prefer my vending machine Hot Tamales.

by Anonymousreply 434August 15, 2016 12:28 AM

What creme brûlée incident? Pray tell.

by Anonymousreply 435August 15, 2016 8:18 AM

r435, it's a DL classic . Starts at r18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436August 15, 2016 11:42 AM

Where did she go?

by Anonymousreply 437August 31, 2016 7:42 PM

Did they ever reconsmile?

by Anonymousreply 438September 22, 2016 3:48 AM

Finally a sighting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439May 10, 2017 4:43 AM

Are Sachi and Shirley on speaking terms?

by Anonymousreply 440May 10, 2017 5:24 PM

I wonder if she and Shirley will be spending Mother's Day together?

by Anonymousreply 441May 12, 2017 1:52 PM

[quote]In “Friend from the City” by masterful playwright/screenwriter Fred Stroppel of Glen Cove, New York, an old friend shows up and turns a couple’s idyllic life into a startling adventure. Another directorial effort by Marty West, the play features actors Frank Piazza, Emilie Roberts of Weston, and Sachi Parker of New York City.

Well spotted R439.

I'd LOVE to see it. But unfortunately can not.

I remember this thread. I was the OP! 441 responses!?! She's a DL icon!

by Anonymousreply 442May 12, 2017 1:57 PM

Yes she is R442!

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2017 12:43 AM

I love the way on this thread everyone likes her so much.

It's so funny when DL really gets behind someone. So rare.

She deserves the love.

We'll give her what her mother did or could, not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2017 12:59 AM

Her mother is on her own planet!

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2017 1:08 AM

Terry's with her on that planet - 24:7 >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2017 1:12 AM

The daughter is a nut

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2017 1:28 AM

This thread is nuts.

I'd forgotten - it went on for WEEKS. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2017 1:30 AM

So do Annette and Warren swing by the house on Sunday?

by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2017 1:30 AM

Where's my creme brulay?

by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2017 7:33 PM

Can Sachi and Shirley reconcile and become the new Carrie and Debbie please?

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2017 8:26 PM

I enjoyed this thread too. How a thread about basically nothing turned into 450 posts I can not fathom and it's too long to re-read. I just tried and became overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2017 9:13 PM

Sachi?

by Anonymousreply 453May 14, 2017 11:42 PM

Shirley?

by Anonymousreply 454May 15, 2017 3:07 AM

Sue Ellen Mishkie?

by Anonymousreply 455May 15, 2017 4:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456May 15, 2017 5:51 AM

I thought you made that quote up, R456 - so I went to the article and they DID indeed write that.

by Anonymousreply 457May 15, 2017 6:14 AM

She looks so like Sachi @ R430.

RE-link >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458May 15, 2017 6:17 AM

I've just started reading this thread again.

It IS hysterical.

I don't know whose funnier - Sachi & Shirley or the DLers who have so much to say about them.

by Anonymousreply 459May 15, 2017 6:30 AM

sorry, **who's funnier**

by Anonymousreply 460May 15, 2017 6:30 AM

shirley is a cunt and steve was a con man poor sachi to have such fucked up "parents"

by Anonymousreply 461May 15, 2017 7:30 AM

II keep trying to read the whole thread but it's like being drowned by a great wave....a tsunami! There's too much of it. I get to about R114 and have lie down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 15, 2017 8:15 AM

Such a fun thread, Holy Cow!

by Anonymousreply 463May 15, 2017 4:09 PM

Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464May 15, 2017 4:20 PM

MacLaine should not have had a daughter. Clearly her career was her primary focus.

Celeste Holm was another who had others raise her boys so that she could concentrate on her career. Norma Shearer too.

Phony women who really should not have become mothers. Babies, children need that mother connection. See what happens otherwise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465May 15, 2017 5:48 PM

Shirley is no spring chicken now. She should reconcile with Sachi before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 466May 15, 2017 6:29 PM

Maybe we could be the ones to facilitate that, R466.

by Anonymousreply 467May 15, 2017 6:48 PM

I ain't goin nowhere until I get my god damned creme brûlée

by Anonymousreply 468May 15, 2017 10:25 PM

The Creme Brûlée joke has long run its course.

Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 469May 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Sachi was supposed to make a one woman show out of this thing.

by Anonymousreply 470May 16, 2017 3:56 AM

An ENTIRE show about The Creme Brûlée? Maybe off Broadway...but they just aren't having much success with dessert-themed show tunes these days. It's a sad reflection on the state of the theatre :(

by Anonymousreply 471May 16, 2017 4:02 AM

[R466] shirl is indeed a shriveled up old bag....but she doesn't give a flip about her daughter...i find her so repulsive now i don't even

believe it.....such a narcissistic nasty thing....everything is all about her...always was, always will be. i also SO agree with the poster who

said :" If Carol Haney hadn't broken her ankle during the run of "The Pajama Game" and MacLaine replaced her and was 'discovered' on

that fateful night, she'd being selling souvenirs today on Canal Street". You got that right sweety.

by Anonymousreply 472May 16, 2017 7:22 AM

We love you, Sachi.

by Anonymousreply 473May 16, 2017 2:42 PM

Do we think Sachi Parker will one day run the Shirley MacLaine Foundation?

by Anonymousreply 474May 16, 2017 4:28 PM

She strikes me as a very sweet girl.

by Anonymousreply 475May 16, 2017 7:00 PM

INTERESTING!

go to 19:30 >>

Larry asks Shirley about Sachi and THE BOOK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476July 5, 2017 9:06 PM

NONE OF IT WAS TRUE, NONE OF IT!

by Anonymousreply 477July 5, 2017 9:12 PM

Congrats, Sachi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478November 2, 2017 3:59 AM

Yay Sach!

by Anonymousreply 479November 2, 2017 5:31 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 480July 26, 2018 3:54 AM

So, did they reconsmile?

by Anonymousreply 481July 14, 2019 3:09 AM

So, did they reconsmile?

by Anonymousreply 482July 14, 2019 3:09 AM

It doesn't appear so.

by Anonymousreply 483July 14, 2019 9:30 PM

[quote]We love you, Sachi.

You love Sachi...or you just hate Shirley?

by Anonymousreply 484October 8, 2019 11:35 PM

Wonder why they never made a movie out of Sachi's book.

by Anonymousreply 485October 8, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]I read the book, and Maclaine sounds like the most horrible parent. At least Crawford loved Christina, in her own twisted way

REALLY? You think?

by Anonymousreply 486October 8, 2019 11:39 PM

Any sightings of Sachi?

This was one of my favorite DL threads of all time - it was as nutty as the people it was about.

by Anonymousreply 487October 28, 2020 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!