Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My aunt fucked Eric Clapton in the 70s and other stories and gossip...

Partially copy pasted from the "Would you date a racist?" thread.

Sure [R33]! Not really positive how much traction it would get so I'll spill what I know here. I'd call her now but she passed only a couple years back. From what I understand she was involved in the NYC club scene in the early to mid 70s, and that's how she met him. They were together on and off for two years. She said the sex was alright (she was pretty frank and funny) but what really turned her off him was the slick comments he made about black people/non-white people in general. It confused her because most of the music he played was blues/rock and we all know who pioneered those genres.

When she broke it off he basically called her every name under the sun and threatened her. Not sure if he said n*gger but most likely he was thinking it. For those curious she had dark skin, wideish nose, kinda on the short side,a little bit thick, and had like, a 10 inch fro in those days. Really was an amazing woman with lots of stories to tell (yes I miss her!). Feel free to ask questions maybe it'll jog my bad memory. I'm only half joking.

And by together I mean fucked every time he was in town for two years.

Well she said it was a pretty good length. "Good length" means different things to different people of course but judging by his height and build (not always reliable) I'd say it was big(gish).

The sex was alright she explained because he kinda starfished it. Not her exact words but you know what I mean. He just expected her to do all the work I guess. Anddd he was on heroin/speed/coke/whatever else for most of the 70s so...

Other stories... Touching herself while Marvin Gaye was performing on TV in the late 60s, her mother catching her and then kicking her out. A few years later her and her best friend semi stalk him every time they get word he's in LA. (This is before she moved to NY)

Interrupts Joan Baez singing some sad song at a relaxed house party high off her ass. She arrived hours late. Joan makes some snide comment to her and my aunt and her go back and forth before she's asked to leave.

Sly from Sly and the Family Stone offering her to join his err...harem. Said no (couldn't be me!)

Cussing out Diana Ross in a night club, drunk as fuck, for leaving the Supremes. She discovered later she couldn't hear her as the music was too loud.

Sort of a wild child but calmed down in her later years.

by Anonymousreply 368January 4, 2021 12:08 AM

what's the difference between connor clapton and a kilo of cocaine?

eric clapton wouldn't let a kilo of cocaine fall out of a window.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2016 8:51 AM

I think she was tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2016 8:54 AM

Eric is so grimey

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2016 8:55 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2016 9:02 AM

R1

MARRYYYYYY

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Great stories btw. R2 is right she sounded cool...id drink with her

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2016 9:21 AM

He is one of the few people I would wish arthritis on!!! Misogynistic racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2016 9:23 AM

bump?

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2016 3:47 PM

He was even with the National Front for a while, but he's backed off from that since maybe the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2016 3:51 PM

Your African American aunt fucked rock stars in the early '70s and not a single David Bowie story?!

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2016 4:04 PM

I love Clapton's music but I always got the impression he was a cold hearted asshole. I see I was right.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2016 4:12 PM

Too bad she was too late for Hendrix

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2016 4:13 PM

Her and her.. ?

You be illiterate gurl.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2016 4:49 PM

Clapton is a great musician, but an intolerable asshole in real life. For example, at The Band's last concert he was asked to perform. He refused unless he could bring his bass player. Rick mimed the bass to the song onstage while Clapton's bass player played offstage.

What a dick/cunt.

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2016 5:16 PM

The only mention of David from her is that Angie approached her for a threesome. She already was hesitant because, from my impression, she thought Angie was an ugly hag. She met David and was creeped out because of his "weird eyes". R10. I didn't mention David because I don't particularly care for him.

Oh hush! R13

I thought Eric was still sympathetic to the NF? R9

R14 Wow. What a dick. Rick was an excellent bass player.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2016 5:20 PM

R10 here. Thanks much, OP! Great stories.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2016 5:26 PM

I don't think it's ever been a secret that he's a racist asshole. Didn't he pretty much confirm it on stage at some point? And yes, I'm sure it was the "alcohol" that made him do it.

Fact is that some of the most brilliant and talented people on earth tend to also be the most repugnant. Clapton certainly falls into that category.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2016 5:29 PM

Come back for some more stories, OP.

Loved what I read so far.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2016 5:30 PM

Yes R17 he did confirm it by going on a racist tirade on stage. Still hasn't apologized yet but his fanboys will defend him to the end. All he's said about it is that he knows when to shut the fuck up know. Okay, asshole.

Thanks R18. Yeah she was great. She had a lot of stories to tell. Not just about celebrities and such but about growing up in Compton in the 50s and 60s. She had 2 horses that she regularly used as transportation. Watch this thread, I have work but I'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2016 5:35 PM

*now

And just to let you know she cussed Eric out right back. Wasn't there but I can imagine her yelling "ugly/stupid/racist mothafucka!" Haven't allowed myself to think about her for a couple of years but a bunch of stuff is coming back to me.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2016 5:43 PM

"Still hasn't apologized yet but his fanboys will defend him to the end."

Because they'll just claim it's "political correctness" run amok.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2016 5:45 PM

R14 Interesting. Muddy Waters wanted his own personal guitar player with him on that show too but he still let Robbie Robertson play. Clapton remains a right wing asshole. R21 Exactly. I saw one say just because he said keep England white he doesn't necessarily mean he's a white supremacist. Then what is he?

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2016 5:58 PM

[quote]Still hasn't apologized yet but his fanboys will defend him to the end. All he's said about it is that he knows when to shut the fuck up know. Okay, asshole.

I'm not a fanboy, I think he's an over-rated sot, but I'd also defend him if he keeps his bigotry to himself. Actually, I'd even defend him if he didn't. I don't like the trend of either spectrum of extremists bullying people off social media, out of jobs, and crowdsourcing harassment campaigns because they think that's justified if they find someone's beliefs repugnant.

He should be able to say those views provided he's not abusing his authority, denying others opportunities or inciting violence. People who object are equally free to not support him, publicize his views, and encourage others to avoid him.

He's also a musician, not a politician or an LEO. Of all the groups to demand moral/intellectual conformity from, an elderly British guitarist isn't one.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2016 6:06 PM

"He should be able to say those views provided he's not abusing his authority, denying others opportunities or inciting violence. People who object are equally free to not support him, publicize his views, and encourage others to avoid him. "

But it doesn't help when you do in fact have influence/power and it's actually pretty disgusting and repulsive when you've made money based off of what was originally created by the very people you denigrate. I mean if he was a country singer, his attitude would be "expected," but considering the type of music he makes, it makes him an even bigger asshole.

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2016 6:12 PM

Come back OP!

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2016 6:40 PM

Maybe he should've worked on curing his heroin addiction and correcting his misogyny and racism instead the counting the number of black people in England. Here's the rant for those who don't know.

"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking [indecipherable] don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"

Couldn't have said it better myself, R24.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2016 6:54 PM

He said this publicly?

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2016 6:56 PM

Unabridged version.

"Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands. Wogs I mean, I'm looking at you. Where are you? I'm sorry but some fucking wog...Arab grabbed my wife's bum, you know? Surely got to be said, yeah this is what all the fucking foreigners and wogs over here are like, just disgusting, that's just the truth, yeah. So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country. You fucking (indecipherable). I don't want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should vote for Enoch Powell. Enoch's our man. I think Enoch's right, I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism. It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans and fucking (indecipherable) don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here. We need to make clear to them they are not welcome. England is for white people, man. We are a white country. I don't want fucking wogs living next to me with their standards. This is Great Britain, a white country, what is happening to us, for fuck's sake? We need to vote for Enoch Powell, he's a great man, speaking truth. Vote for Enoch, he's our man, he's on our side, he'll look after us. I want all of you here to vote for Enoch, support him, he's on our side. Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"

Extremly publicly R27. In concert infront of several thousand people.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2016 6:58 PM

Thanks r28.

Then r23 can go fuck herself.

If he's free to say it, I'm free to comment on it however I wish.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2016 7:04 PM

What the fuck...he should've gone back to dope.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2016 7:08 PM

I can't listen to Eric Clapton's music anymore. I wasn't that big of a fan of his anyway. I'm glad he decided to stop touring a couple of years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2016 7:14 PM

Whoa. Who grabbed his wife's butt? Was she on public transportation? It happens all the time with their culture and you have to learn to position your body away from them, face them, even get off at a different point if need be but Never have them at your back. They don't know any better because all Western women are considered wh*res. His wife probably doesn't go out much else she would know this.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2016 7:24 PM

Fuck you, r32. Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2016 7:30 PM

I'm back! Called my mom for more tea.

Mick Jagger - Total pervert, nice guy, but a complete horndog. (shocking!)

More on Eric - Yes he was a pretty cold and aloof person. Came on to my aunt while Pattie was just feet away.

Bob Dylan - Secret horndog. Just because he wasn't a "cock rock" type of guy people overlook it. He wrote beautiful lyrics but he was a womanizer to the highest degree. Came on to my aunt even after she said she was 16 or some shit (she wasn't).

Tina Turner - Well well well. Back when she was in LA she made it a point to try to see every soul act the passed through. After an Ike and Tina show Tina was around fans, black and white, asking for autographs. Tina signed all the white fans autographs with a smile on her face but when it came to the black fans she got huffy, rolled her eyes, and looked impatient. The black fans started calling her out and she left soon after. She did end up meeting the Ikettes, a nice group of girls.

There's more but work calls. Maybe I should ask my mother to go on DL...haha

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2016 7:33 PM

Leave R32

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2016 7:34 PM

MORE! MORE!

Did she ever get any action from any of The Band, OP.

Especially my fave 70's heart throb, Rick Danko

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2016 7:40 PM

'For example, at The Band's last concert he was asked to perform. He refused unless he could bring his bass player. Rick mimed the bass to the song onstage while Clapton's bass player played offstage.'

Oh my God. What a massive , evil CUNT Eric Clapton is.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2016 7:45 PM

Op, your mother makes me think of those journeymen black female backup singers, all great voices, but never the recognition they deserved.

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2016 7:46 PM

Fuck you R32.

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2016 7:46 PM

SO your aunt got the Clap, how lovely.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2016 7:49 PM

Spot on about Dylan, R35. My friend did the wardrobe duties on one of his videos. He hit on her 14 year old daughter- no makeup or hoochie clothes, just a very hippie, wholesome look.

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2016 8:05 PM

I mean that the kid wasn't on the make. She's very shy and it's obvious she isn't an adult yet. It really creeped me out to hear about him, because I was a big fan. I also knew that he had a stepdaughter, and wondered if he did anything to her when she was a teen.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2016 8:09 PM

Vile. I always assumed Dylan went after virginal types, and hated confident women.

I just read a piece about his marriage breakdown with Sara Lownds. He fucked other women openly during the marriage but when she tried to separate, he refused to leave the house in LA. One morning Sara came downstairs and Dylan and their children were having breakfast - with his mistress! He also used to enter the house late at night, barge into Sarah's room and just stand there in silence, staring at her. She was terrified.

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2016 8:12 PM

Are you certain it was a sexual come-on, R42?

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2016 8:13 PM

Clapton sucked.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2016 8:25 PM

Most of these guys who are so sexually spoiled sound like dull-as-dishwater lays. Low-energy, drugged-up, entitled and make the woman do all the work. Clapton in particular comes off like a total churl. A pity your aunt did not go for Bowie, he at least earned high marks from many as an affectionate and ardent sex partner.

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2016 8:40 PM

I never said I was there, r44, so obviously I can't say either way what type of "come on" it was. However, my friend is not the type to get hysterical over someone merely exchanging pleasantries with her daughter. R35 has similar gossip about Dylan, so I am even more likely to believe my friend now.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2016 8:40 PM

OP here. Yes he was a a total shit to Sarah. This isn't from my aunt or my mom but people that I come across that knew him. Yes, I'm nosy. R42 one persob mentioned that he never treated his stepdaughter like family. There was a clear difference in the way Bob treated her and the way he treated his bio kids.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2016 9:12 PM

*person

Bob also fetishized the crap out of black women. That's something my aunt observed. Swarmy guy.

R38 that is her and my aunt to a T.

R36 still waiting on my tea on The Band. I am praying that they were on my mom's radar way back when. I just got into them!

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2016 9:19 PM

OP, you are a legend.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2016 9:27 PM

Thank you, R50.

This thread was inspired by the "would you date a racist?" thread and a picture someone I followed on twitter just so happened to post. It's Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, apparently a pretty girl named Brandy, and the back of some blonde woman's head. I later found out that it was Kathy Etchingham (sp?), Jimi's girlfriend in 1967. I was holding out hope that maybe the pretty black girl was Jimi's girlfriend but it turns out she was Eric's girlfriend. Yuck...

Anyway, Kathy Etchingham once said Jimi told her he wasn't into black girls. NOT TRUE. Again, this tea isn't from my aunt/mom as they never met him, but knew a few former (black!) girlfriends of his. That and things I've read about Jimi. Maybe he told Kathy that to quell her jealousy or something put it's completely false. I read her book and liked it before I knew all this, now I can't believe anything she says. Oh well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2016 9:51 PM

Hey OP

Did your aunt ever meet Steve Winwood when he was with Traffic back then?

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2016 9:51 PM

OP, you might appreciate this documentary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2016 9:59 PM

Oops for some reason the picture didn't work.

Hi R52. Don't remember my aunt mentioning Traffic/Steve Winwood but I'll text my mother if knows anything about them.

Oh and this is actually tea from me for once. Jimmy Page is a pedophile (shocking!). Up until the late 90s he still had a posse of underage (think 13-16) year old girls hanging around him. People try to play off his 70s creepiness (baby groupies, Lori Mattix etc.) with it being normal but my mom was pretty adamant that any sensible person looked at a 30 y.o. and a 14 y.o. having a relationship with disgust. Their sycophants and hanger-ons, all the people who were in these tools private circles, put them up on a pedestal.

R53 I've clips but know I want to watch the whole thing. Thank you. They really did those backup singers dirty, no suprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2016 10:07 PM

*now. Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2016 10:08 PM

OP, you are a treat

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2016 10:25 PM

No surprise about Page. I think that's pretty well-known. - maybe it isn't here.

My great uncle was a promoter for a while. He drifted in and out of it depending on his health. His clients were mostly from the previous era. His favorite guy to work with was Johnny Mathis, but Mathis's sexual orientation didn't come into it until the third or fourth collaboration.

Some worker, a woman in her thirties, came to my great uncle and told him, "Johnny Mathis wants a date with that "boy" who was here today." Uncle thought she was referring to his own 13 year old son who had been hanging around the venue (a big promoter now), and was very upset. He went to Mathis and asked him about it point blank.

it turns out the woman had been quite solicitous of Mr. Johnny Mathis, offering to fetch food, booze, drugs, sex- herself. Mathis had to let her down easy, was grateful for all she had done, but confided that he was more interested in the slightly older than himself male driver my great uncle had hired for him.

A black man she calked BOY.

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2016 10:36 PM

Actually Clappers sounds like he'd fit right in here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2016 10:38 PM

You gullible queens actually believe OP's ridiculous fantasies? Doubt one syllable of any of it is true.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2016 10:39 PM

I don't think Jimmy Page and Robert Plant like each other these days. They were more like partners in Led Zeppelin than friends. Just my observation.

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2016 10:42 PM

Oh please! Your aunt is a dead whore!

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2016 10:43 PM

Thanks for the tea on Johnny Mathis R57. Of course I knew he was gay but it's a good story

R59 & R61 Sip or gtfo!

Most of the gossip my mom has is about soul/R&B singers. Traffic and The Band weren't on her radar I guess. All except James Brown is me.

James Brown - Nice guy. Total opposite of Tina. Was personable to both black and white fans.

Anita Baker - Could be best friends with Tina. Complete bitch who ignores her black fans (and is not subtle about it!) just to get in the white fans good graces.

Tina Marie (Lady T) - Just like James Brown. After 10 minutes of talking with her it felt like we were old friends (I wish). I was shocked at just how tiny she was. It felt weird towering over her, her voice didn't match her physical appearance at all.

Tyrese - Fuck him. Rude and delusional bald man. Don't even bother looking at him because he'll assume that you're going to hound him, scream his name, or ask for an autograph. Nope, I was just looking because his head was so shiny.

Angela Davis - Smart woman. Obviously she's extremely intelligent but she definitely has something about her. A presence.

R60, I feel the same way. Maybe they were close 30 years ago but now not so much. Seems they only get together later on for money making reasons and Plant said something along the lines of that he was tired of Page saying he was going to make new music in 2013, 2014, 2015 and never coming through...

That's all I got!

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2016 10:59 PM

And r59 I don't know what's so hard to believe. Rock stars then and now were fucking losers and creeps

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2016 11:05 PM

It's all entirely plausible. The nay-sayers are the usual DL party-pooping pricks.

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2016 11:11 PM

R57 I know it's well known on here at least but quite a few people on here think Page's involvement with young girls stopped when the 70s ended or when his daughter reached her preteens. Not true.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2016 11:11 PM

OP, your aunt must been gifted at giving blow jobs if her name was passed around that much. More power to her. There are several of us DLers who envy her the experiences.

by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2016 11:21 PM

Yep r66. I just wish I could've listened to her when she was around. My mother's here of course but my aunt could really tell a story and make you feel like you were right there with her. I sometimes find myself envying the experiences she got to live through. Strange, I know.

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2016 11:28 PM

R46, groupie Francie Schwartz described Paul McCartney that way. Tentative pillow prince who needed to be ministered to in bed.

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2016 11:35 PM

I LOVE YOU [R1] !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2016 11:38 PM

Great thread, OP. Thanks. DL needed this.

by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2016 11:42 PM

to expand on that...r69

right after his rant he picked conor up and said "we should throw them out of the country...like THIS!" and away he flew.

great thread btw

also, did you know that conor was an extremely accomplished write at such a young age. he did 50 stories before he died

by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2016 11:46 PM

^^Bump^^ Brilliant topic and thread! OP.. many thanks for real gossip!

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2016 11:47 PM

All written in under 15 seconds! R71

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2016 12:05 AM

Bump!⬆⬆

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2016 12:27 AM

Anonymous

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2016 12:33 AM

Bob Dylan was on Mick Jagger levels of pevertedness but no one seems to know exept fans. You're right, OP. People often don't believe it because he was short in stature, poetic, quiet, and not exactly imtimidating or outgoing. He had sex with Dana Gillespie when she was 15 and he was 25. There are a bunch of other young women he was involved with I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 76April 14, 2016 12:51 AM

Any more on Tyrese and Anita OP? How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 77April 14, 2016 1:11 AM

Tyrese - I was sitting on hood of my friend's car in front of a restaurant waiting for her while she was in the restroom. I'm kind of spacing out, looking straight ahead. I see this man with the shiniest head I've ever seen exit the restaurant so I take a second glance. He sees me, stops, takes the effort to turn his back over to me, puts his hand out like he's trying to calm me down, and says, "Please, I don't want to be bothered today." Sighs, and walks away. Mind you I hadn't even said anything to this fool. The short time he spent walking away I was back to spacing out.

Same situation with Tina, but like 25 years or so later. Literally the exact same.

Y'all can still ask questions.

by Anonymousreply 78April 14, 2016 1:34 AM

I meant Anita - same situation as...

by Anonymousreply 79April 14, 2016 1:36 AM

My relative was living with Art Garfunkle and Art's girlfriend when Art was verbally abusing his girlfriend so bad that my relative moved out. Shortly after, the poor girl killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2016 1:52 AM

Jesus r80. Never knew he was like that but then again I never payed attention to S&G. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2016 2:09 AM

[quote]it's actually pretty disgusting and repulsive when you've made money based off of what was originally created by the very people you denigrate.

This, Eric. This.

As for Art Garfunkle, I can see him doing this. He looked like a loser and believed the man in the mirror. This is why cultures enamored with images come off so badly.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2016 2:15 AM

Anyone got any more 70s rock or musician gossip besides the OP?

by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2016 2:15 AM

R54 Brandy was cute. She looks familiar, was she one of the of the nude girls on the Electric Ladyland album?

by Anonymousreply 84April 14, 2016 2:30 AM

I never liked his blues. It's totally soulless and boring. Just because you play the right notes at the right time doesn't make it good.

Like Kurt Cobain said, "Eric Clapton plays dusty second rate blues."

by Anonymousreply 85April 14, 2016 2:46 AM

BUMP. This thread still has potential

by Anonymousreply 86April 14, 2016 3:00 AM

Daryl Hall kissed my mom backstage at a Hall&Oates concert when she was 13. Does that count? R83

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2016 3:24 AM

Shawn Phillips fucked me r83. I was 15. Then I fucked him. I think he fucked me once and I fucked him eight or nine times. I liked it when we showered together. It meant his unpleasant distinctive odor was less prevalent.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2016 3:36 AM

R88 R87 Interesting...thanks for that.

by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2016 4:01 AM

bumpity

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2016 4:12 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2016 4:13 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2016 4:14 AM

Pete Townshend and Jimmy Page should be friends.

by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2016 6:12 AM

So op, what you mean to say is that Clapton had black girlfriends when he clearly was a racist?? Ha

by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2016 6:22 AM

R94 I used to work with a white woman who would only date black men (and eventually married one). She was a racist; never used the "n word" but would privately make derogatory comments about blacks. Racists NEVER believe they are racist. She also told me she liked dating black men because it pissed her father off. This was a woman in her 40's, still trying to get any type of attention from daddy.

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2016 6:59 AM

R80 Was that Laurie Bird?

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2016 8:06 AM

Pretty much r95.

R94 I'm assuming you're a troll but I'll entertain you. Clapton profited off the creations of black bluesmen and women long before and after publicly supporting Enoch Powell. He was also known to be fond of black groupies, as were the other musicians in Cream, a blues based band. (Here's your tea r92) Have you ever heard of white slave masters raping their black slaves? Or Nazis raping Jewish women. Their motivations are no different. They hate a certain group of people but won't hesitate to use them as sex objects.

by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2016 8:12 AM

When the fuck did he say that? r85

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2016 8:20 AM

Tyrese is hot as fuck but is stupid and arrogant. I'd still fuck him. That story was funny as shit. How dense can a person be?

by Anonymousreply 99April 14, 2016 8:37 AM

"Garfunkel's longtime girlfriend, Laurie Bird, committed suicide in June 1979 at their Manhattan apartment, three months after the album's release in March. Garfunkel later admitted that the incident left him in a deep depression for most of the 1980s, hence the lack of musical output during that time."

by Anonymousreply 100April 14, 2016 2:19 PM

F'ng phony creep:

You starred in several movies – Carnal Knowledge (1971), Bad Timing (1980), Boxing Helena (1993) – about sexual obsession.

Garfunkel: Oh yeah. Interesting point.

Did you pick them, or did they pick you?

Garfunkel: When I started my [solo] career [in 1973] with Angel Clare, there was a song called Down in the Willow Garden that went: “He stabs his lover with a bayonet and throws her in the river.” I think I was playing counterpoint to my sweet tenor. I’m a bit of a momma’s boy – I had the sweetest mom. I was raised middle class. I might be working against such a sweet suburban background when I look to play the disturbed killer. It’s counterpoint. I do this time and again.

Did it take you a long time to get over the suicide of your [actress] girlfriend Laurie Bird (6)?

Garfunkel: It took half of the 80s. Laurie Bird died on me when I was coming home from Bad Timing. That was 1979, and I was suitably shocked. I became very reclusive. I did the Concert In Central Park with Paul [in 1981], but I had a very introverted time while I dwelled upon how great Laurie Bird was. People would say, “Yes, but she’s gone,” and I would say, “I also think about how great JS Bach was, and he’s gone, too.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101April 14, 2016 2:24 PM

"Died on me"? That's class.

by Anonymousreply 102April 14, 2016 2:25 PM

yeah, a real stretch to play the disturbed killer. Real stretch.

by Anonymousreply 103April 14, 2016 2:26 PM

I'm sure it was a "real stretch" for Woody Allen to play his pedo role in Manhattan. Real stretch.

by Anonymousreply 104April 14, 2016 2:26 PM

"I was suitably shocked". Translation: it was sincere shock, just enough to be convincing to the public.

by Anonymousreply 105April 14, 2016 2:28 PM

It was in his journals. R98

by Anonymousreply 106April 14, 2016 2:35 PM

Just to think if Jimi Hendrix had not died in 1970, he still would have outshined Eric Clapton any day.

by Anonymousreply 107April 14, 2016 2:53 PM

I wish Jimi was still around. Maybe Crapton wouldn't have been as popular.

by Anonymousreply 108April 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Exactly, r108.

by Anonymousreply 109April 14, 2016 4:34 PM

This is one of the best threads to come out of the DL in a long time. I'm pretty sure your aunt must be smiling in heaven, OP.

by Anonymousreply 110April 14, 2016 4:40 PM

r110 Not really great though.

by Anonymousreply 111April 14, 2016 4:47 PM

The last bit of tea I have unless my mom hits me up with. Not sure any non Trekkies would care but Nichelle Nichols of the orginial Star Trek series probably has some form of demetia. I'm don't follow any of the people involved in the orginial series so I don't know whether she's announced it yet. Trekkies most likely know if they've seen her speak at a con in the last five years. A close friend who was at one said she was repeating the same stories and the same phrases throughout the panel and seemed dazed and confused. She met her in person and it was the same thing. Not into sci fi but she accomplished a lot over her 84 years.

by Anonymousreply 112April 14, 2016 5:53 PM

It would be great if Jimi was still here today r108. He seemed like a much nicer person than Clapton, almost to the point of being naive.

Thanks r110

by Anonymousreply 113April 14, 2016 6:03 PM

Do you have any tea about Hendrix's death, OP? It's been alleged that his shyster manager conspired to have him killed in order to become the sole owner of his song rights. I can't recall the specific details, but it was something along the lines being force fed a large amount of alcohol when he was semi-conscious.

by Anonymousreply 114April 14, 2016 6:17 PM

I forgot to add that nearly three decades ago I used to work with a woman who was part of the groupie/drug scene in Northern CA and had occasion to hang around with Hendrix. Naive sounds on the mark. She said he was a sweet man, but not the brightest bulb.

by Anonymousreply 115April 14, 2016 6:24 PM

[quote]It's been alleged that his shyster manager conspired to have him killed in order to become the sole owner of his song rights.

Michael Jeffery.

The Brits had some pretty nasty rock managers -- Don Arden (Ozzy's father-in-law) was another -- so this would not surprise me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 14, 2016 6:34 PM

OP here R115! Don't know about Jimi, one of the few things that my aunt and my mom agreed about his death was that there was more to it than the public knew. They never would elaborate so maybe it was just a hunch for them. A lot of people their age who were in that scene say the same thing I've noticed. I never looked into his death because it's so tragic to me.

One thing I do know is that he was a racist. I believe he called Jimi or one of the Band of Gypsies members a monkey. Off topic but was Jeffries the person who gave Jimi acid before a BoG show to completely screw up their performance? Anyone know?

I read somewhere that Mike Jeffries was with Devon Wilson at the Chelsea Hotel the day she jumped. For those who don't know she was of his most prominent girlfriends and inspired Dolly Dagger. Was rumored to be with Jagger, one of the Allman brothers, and Clapton. She died six months after Jimi.

by Anonymousreply 117April 14, 2016 7:06 PM

'Laurie Bird died on me when I was coming home from Bad Timing. That was 1979, and I was suitably shocked'

'Died on him' ?. Like a car, or a battery? How inconvenient.

'I was suitably shocked' Psychopath, mimicking normal emotions he's seen in others. Or on TV.

by Anonymousreply 118April 14, 2016 8:17 PM

I must say I am very disappointed in Bob Dylan, even though I knew he was an asshole to this first wife. 15 and 14 year olds?

by Anonymousreply 119April 14, 2016 8:19 PM

My honky uncle loved Eric Crapton back in the seventies. Me and my sister would have to stay with him sometimes while mom and dad went out for the evening. He'd sit there in front of his 'HiFi' playing 'I Shot the Sheriff' in his flares wearing a waistcoat and then start talking to us in a fake Jamaican accent which he thought was very amusing.

by Anonymousreply 120April 14, 2016 8:22 PM

Hey OP?

Did your aunt ever met Johnny Winter?

by Anonymousreply 121April 14, 2016 8:40 PM

In 1991, Eric Clapton was using A.A. meetings in Los Angeles to pick up women. I know this from a friend of mine who is an ex-wife of a famous Rock drummer. I've heard Eric's phone messages to her and he was very needy and possessive.

She said he was not "sober" but kept up the act for his fame.

by Anonymousreply 122April 14, 2016 8:44 PM

R121 Don't remember her mentioning him but I'll text my mom right quick...

by Anonymousreply 123April 14, 2016 10:07 PM

[quote]In 1991, Eric Clapton was using A.A. meetings in Los Angeles to pick up women.

Makes total fucking sense for him to pursue vulnerable women. What a "typical" lad, er, fucking English CUNT.

I suspect that R1's scenario is Clapton's only regret in life. I mean not salvaging the goods.

by Anonymousreply 124April 14, 2016 10:21 PM

Has anyone else watched the series on RELZ cable channel called Autopsy: The Last Hours of (celebrity name)? If not, a forensic pathologist reviews the autopsy report, discusses the last hours of the celebrity's life, names the drugs found in the body and general state of the body before death. They've covered Robin Williams, Liberace, Karen Carpenter, Natalie Woods and more. It's been on since 2014 but I didn't find it until recently. They will discuss Joan Rivers Saturday night and re-running Jimi Sunday night. A lot of the stars had illnesses not known to the general public. It's not gruesome, no death photos or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2016 10:30 PM

R120 Sounds dreadful.

No tea on Johnny Winters R121. She did however have tea on Leon Russell. She got them confused I think. Leon and Johnny both had long grey/white hair and but Leon was married to soul/gospel singer Mary McCreary.

She says "I remember Johnny!! Lovely man 😀 he was married to Mary she was a singer to then divorced 3 yrs later 😱! A little strange but what a sweet ❤"

She's cute.

R122 Typical Crapton.

by Anonymousreply 126April 14, 2016 11:08 PM

Let's drag Crapton some more.

He stinks.

by Anonymousreply 127April 14, 2016 11:16 PM

I've seen people say that he was good looking but he's really not. He's had a weak chin since 1964. R127

by Anonymousreply 128April 14, 2016 11:20 PM

OP

What about prog rock groups like Jethro Tull, Yes, or Emerson, Lake & Palmer?

by Anonymousreply 129April 14, 2016 11:22 PM

R125 I've seen the show. I don't know much about Jimi's death besides the basics. He choked on his own vomit and the girl he was with when he died and changed her story about 10 times, no exaggeration.

R128 Lol.

R129 Nothing on any of those bands from her end but I read on DL that Steve Howe, Jon Anderson, and Chris Squire of Yes all frequented a certain black groupie in NYC. (No it wasn't my aunt lol) It was in one of those Rock n Roll Redux threads.

by Anonymousreply 130April 15, 2016 1:00 AM

Wow! OP pulling out Leon Russell and his marriage to Mary McCreary? I do believe you are for real. And from everything I've heard/read about Leon, he is a nice guy. Perhaps too obsessed with his music to the point of ignoring his relationships, but if that's the worst thing to say about a rock and roll star, I'd say he's a major success!

by Anonymousreply 131April 15, 2016 1:03 AM

I just heard of Leon about a month or so ago and he is really the songwriter's songwriter. I couldn't believe how many of his songs I recognized of his, not even realizing so many people had covered them. R131

I told my mom she got Winters and Russell mixed up. She reiterated that she thinks Leon is a complete gentleman. Mary was cool too but she didn't allow Leon to see the kids they had together for many years. I myself would like to know the tea on that. I wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 132April 15, 2016 2:32 AM

Does anyone else think Eric used his son's death for publicity? He never had a real relationship with him or his mother in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 133April 15, 2016 2:58 AM

Everyone thought that, r133.

by Anonymousreply 134April 15, 2016 3:48 AM

[quote] Everyone thought that, [R133].

Okay so I'm not crazy. Phew.

by Anonymousreply 135April 15, 2016 4:11 AM

Posted this elsewhere but my boss (female) fucked Rod Stewart back in the day. Very nice, kind of a bro.

She also had sex with Pete Townsend when she was 16. Later on she found out his wife and kids were staying on another floor of the hotel. Felt quite guilty about it.

My mother was once stuck in a lift in Hong Kong for half an hour with Robert Mitchum in the 70s. She was a nurse on her way back from her exams so she was in uniform complete with cape and little with hat. He flirted with her but their relationship quickly devolved into an argument about whether the marks on her skin were mosquito or flea bites (Flea. The joys of tropical medicine). She said he had a facelift, the first cosmetic one she had seen but was very male and charismatic.

by Anonymousreply 136April 15, 2016 4:27 AM

Jimi Hendrix may have been murdered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 15, 2016 6:09 AM

[quote] Jimi Hendrix may have been murdered.

I wouldn't doubt it. Michael Jeffries was a nasty fucker.

by Anonymousreply 138April 15, 2016 6:12 AM

R138 was me.

Great tea R137!

by Anonymousreply 139April 15, 2016 6:52 AM

* R136

by Anonymousreply 140April 15, 2016 6:53 AM

Story of Conor Clapton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 15, 2016 7:05 AM

He sounds like he has antisocial personality disorder, better known as sociopathy. How could he be so supportive one day, then completely disregard her the next?? I read his autobiography, he always has an excuse for his behaviour and is not the least bit apologetic for his ways at all.

[quote] 'I got a call from Eric. He had tried to commit suicide by hanging himself from a tree. He had fainted then realise he was still alive."

Dammit. So close!

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2016 7:45 AM

Fantastic thread! !!!

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Darth Crapton and his weak chin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2016 11:49 AM

He appears to be on acid here with Harrison.

In the last biography of Harrison there were a few Crapton stories. He and Harrison were very competitive. George fucked Crapton's girlfriend and Eric was seething. That's why he went after Patti, to get back at George. Eventually at a party Harrison turned around to Crapton and said 'if you want her, take her, I'm done with her'. As soon as Patti left George of course Crapton started cheating on her. He would start flirting with women right in front of her.

This photo of them was taken by Patti

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2016 11:55 AM

The acid (?) photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2016 11:56 AM

Harrison was also racist, btw. They had that in common.

Here's an old DL thread from 2012 - apparently Clapton admitted he raped his wife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2016 11:58 AM

[quote]Harrison was also racist, btw. They had that in common.

And that their racist asses liked black girls.

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2016 1:37 PM

The joke in the beginning of the thread was funny as hell. --what's the difference between connor clapton and a kilo of cocaine? eric clapton wouldn't let a kilo of cocaine fall out of a window.

I had an old friend that was a major Eric Clapton fan. She worked at a venues setting shit up for concerts. She was a short haired dyky kind of woman that never wore make up and that would sometimes get mistaken for a man. Her precious Eric Clapton was backstage at a show and she threw herself at him and offered to go back to his place and sleep with him. He turned her down LOL!

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2016 2:32 PM

Her precious Eric Clapton doesn't like 'forward' women, no doubt R149. Or 'whores' as he probably refers to them. Or 'slappers' as he's British.

by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2016 3:19 PM

I like how we've slowly started calling him Crapton. Didn't know Harrison was a racist but I'm not suprised. Both Eric and George treated Patti the same but she still pines for George. She called Maureen a traitor because she had sex with George but apparently forgets that it takes two to tango.

by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2016 3:23 PM

My mom used to party with the Eagles in L.A. in the mid 70's. I remember going to a night time party (I was 10) and we're all sitting around a fire, and they're talking about an African method of birth control- splitting the head of the penis in half. Then someone remarked that it would be a great French Tickler. Charming conversation in front of a kid.

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2016 3:24 PM

'She called Maureen a traitor because she had sex with George'

Lennon was fuming when he heard, he melodramatically said George has committed 'incest'.

by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2016 3:27 PM

R152, spill ALL you've heard

by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2016 3:28 PM

Any tea on the Bee Gees from the 1970's?

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2016 3:30 PM

Lennon was fuming when he heard, he melodramatically said George has committed 'incest'.

That's rich coming from him. Didn't he try to fuck Patti?

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2016 3:50 PM

They didn't fuck outsiders much did they? They seemed to have a clique of loyal groupie followers. A women was vetted and then was allowed in the exclusive clique. Then the woman rode around the groupie merry go round rock star cock carousel and got fucked by all of them. One of the guys fucked her for awhile then when he got tired of her she got passed off to one of the other guys. It seems like taking a guy's women before he was done with her was insulting to the guy who was currently fucking her. If a woman had been fucked by one of them she probably had been fucked by them all. I believe the OP that her aunt got fucked by all those famous guys. The OP's aunt was black. What the hell was she doing riding the groupie merry go round cock carousel of scuzzy drug addict racist white rock singers. I hope she got paid or got something out of it.

by Anonymousreply 157April 15, 2016 4:56 PM

How big is Dylan's dick? Are there shit stains on his underwear?

by Anonymousreply 158April 15, 2016 5:20 PM

Great thread! I wish I had something to add, but I grew up in the Midwest in the 70's where NOTHING happened. More please!!!

by Anonymousreply 159April 15, 2016 5:38 PM

You had Devo, r159.

D-E-V-O.

by Anonymousreply 160April 15, 2016 5:41 PM

And REO Speedwagon!

by Anonymousreply 161April 15, 2016 5:52 PM

I knew a wealthy hippie in Harrisburg who liked black dick and fucked Bo Diddley. She said he had a nice big wiener.

by Anonymousreply 162April 15, 2016 6:34 PM

R157 She did get money/travel/material things out of it. To my knowledge Eric is the only white rocker she was with but to the rest of your post I totally agree.

Many of the women in that circle worked as 'models' but they were pretty average. The groupies (both black, white, and everything inbetween) were usually better looking than the 'official' girlfriends. Then again you'd have to be crazy to be an official girlfriend because you get death threats from obsessive fans even back then. You got perks like being invited to the opening of an evenvelope but at what cost? Getting an STI everytime your man got back from touring, never being confident in your relationship, etc. Okay I'm rambling but I hope some of that made sense.

Told you I have bad memory. Anyways Barry White approached my aunt and asked, "Wanna fuck?" or something equally as sleazy. She said no because she already had a serious boyfriend. He did the "Whatever you ugly anyway." routine and spit on her like a fat ass camel. She tried to to fight him but her friends had to hold her back.

by Anonymousreply 163April 15, 2016 6:58 PM

We GET it OP. Your Grandma was cancred old whore with a cunt that smelled like slab of Gouda cheese.

by Anonymousreply 164April 15, 2016 7:00 PM

R164 Wanna fight?

by Anonymousreply 165April 15, 2016 7:02 PM

Hey OP,

Did your aunt also meet people like Liza Minnelli, Marisa Berenson, Michael York, Richard Roundtree, Fred Williamson, and Pam Grier? Was it just rock stars mostly?

by Anonymousreply 166April 15, 2016 7:08 PM

How was Harrison racist?

by Anonymousreply 167April 15, 2016 7:09 PM

[quote]you'd have to be crazy to be an official girlfriend because you get death threats from obsessive fans even back then. You got perks like being invited to the opening of an evenvelope but at what cost? Getting an STI everytime your man got back from touring, never being confident in your relationship, etc. Okay I'm rambling but I hope some of that made sense.

Makes complete sense. I'm reminded of Tom Jone's wife ("the love of my life") who put up with decades of philandering. She couldn't have any more than one child and the official story was that it was due to complications from a miscarriage. Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 168April 15, 2016 7:23 PM

'He did the "Whatever you ugly anyway." routine and spit on her like a fat ass camel. She tried to to fight him but her friends had to hold her back.'

Hahaha

by Anonymousreply 169April 15, 2016 7:26 PM

No problem R166. Both my mom and aunt mostly hung out with lowlife struggling artists, rock and soul musicians and black Panthers/communists/and or hippies and new age weirdos. I did copy+pasted her your post through a text though and I'm waiting on a response.

R168 Didn't know that about Tom Jones' wife but it seems typical. Of course the wives got the gifts, money, and cars but they were surrounded by creeps, perverts, gofers, and male chauvinists by way of their spouse. The only way you'd want to be involved in that is if you really, truly wanted the fame or you were delusional.

by Anonymousreply 170April 15, 2016 7:33 PM

R167 I read in the recent Behind the Locked Door biog, that he would rant about immigrants in the 1980's. He became a very right-wing bore, hated any contemporary music.

Odd twist to the Crapton - Harrison competitive rivalry : in 1991, when Harrison had a brief fling with Lory Del Santo, the mother of Clapton’s son Conor, who had died earlier that year.

by Anonymousreply 171April 15, 2016 7:33 PM

OP, any dirt / stories about the Kathleen and / or Eldridge Cleaver?Or, even better, their old pal from SF, Rev. Jim Jones?

I always thought it a hoot that when they came back to the States from Algeria, Eldridge opened a mens clothing boutique - he also designed a pair of pants which he hoped - wrongly - would set the world of menswear in fire. They featured a cock-shaped pouch on the outside..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 15, 2016 7:37 PM

'We've been castrated in clothing' Cleaver firmly announces.'And my pants open up new visas. I'm against penis-binding'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 15, 2016 7:39 PM

Any gossip on Queen?

by Anonymousreply 174April 15, 2016 7:46 PM

Okay R166. Nothing from my mom on any of those people. I would've though she'd have something on Pam but nope.

R172 those pants are fucking hilarious. I know the 70s were filled with questionable fashions but gotdamn. Okay I'm done. Eldridge basically spilled his own tea. On both coasts his repuatation preceded him. Though there was no Twitter, Facebook, or blogs any girl with her wits about her knew not to go near him. He physically/mentally abused Kathy and was a serial rapist. (Not new tea but just proving a point) He was an angry person, not just about racial injustice like they all were, but at the world in general. He was a condescending, volatile, and cruel person. Not sure why he was a Black Panther because he was definitely self-hating. No tea Kathy or Rev. Jones but I did mention Angela Davis earlier.

I got most of my E. Cleaver tea from my aunt. My mom agreed with their principles but wasn't involved with them because her mother (my grandmother) forbid her from joining.

by Anonymousreply 175April 15, 2016 8:25 PM

When Eldridge died, the first thing I thought of were those pants.

by Anonymousreply 176April 15, 2016 8:28 PM

Thanks for the help, OP.

by Anonymousreply 177April 15, 2016 8:30 PM

OP, please refrain from using the word 'tea.' You sound old and white. Spilling the tea means sharing the truth, so therefore, it is no T, no shade. It is not sharing the tea. Aiiight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 15, 2016 8:38 PM

Remember the old Laugh-In rhyme?

Civil right leader Eldridge Cleaver

Had a wife and he did leave her

He skipped the bail at fifty thou

I wonder where he's hiding now?

by Anonymousreply 179April 15, 2016 8:41 PM

Anything gossip on Nina Simone? She was in Mt Vernon NY during the 60-70's and heavily into the black power movement? Her husband was a violent abusive man, very much like E Cleaver.

by Anonymousreply 180April 15, 2016 8:57 PM

Nothing on Nina r180. I've heard people suggest she was bipolar because she was so 'angry' and 'distant' but I don't believe it. I just think she was allergic to bullshit. I don't know. I hope the new biopic flops hard, Zoe Saldana is so annoying with her reaction to the backlash. Shame about her husband.

R178 Okay. You can catch the muthaphuckin T on that!

by Anonymousreply 181April 15, 2016 9:14 PM

Thanks man, I hear that! )) Good thread my dude. Keep it coming.

by Anonymousreply 182April 15, 2016 9:23 PM

A black fried o mine from Aruba knew Eric and got along with him very well. This whole anti-immigrant BS EC went on about in the 70s has been blown out of proportion. On the other hand another EC called "Ray Charles a no good blind n^%%er." I'm very surprised that the other EC was never fully criticized for his drunken comment.

by Anonymousreply 183April 15, 2016 9:34 PM

Bonnie Bramlett criticized Elvis Costello -- she back handed the little toad.

by Anonymousreply 184April 15, 2016 9:45 PM

Hey OP.

What about Al Green? The Isley Brothers? The Ohio Players?

by Anonymousreply 185April 15, 2016 9:46 PM

know. And have relationships with black women. Clapton hasn't apologized for his actions and called the rant a joke. Far from it when in both 2004 and 2007 he voiced supported for Enoh Powell's policies. He's one of those racists that don't think they're racist. And are shocked and appalled when you call them out.

R185 Nothing on the Isley Brothers. I did have the privilege of meeting LeRoy "Sugarfoot" of the Ohio Players. Very chill and impressed that I recognized him and thanked him for his music.

As for Al Green, I think this text explains it all.

"ASSHOLE BEFORE and AFTER THE GRITS!!😡😡!!"

by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2016 10:12 PM

What did your aunt say Michael Jackson was like in bed? Hot?

by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2016 10:14 PM

Excuse the typos I'm using my janky 5s for this.

by Anonymousreply 188April 15, 2016 10:15 PM

Still, what was 7/7 other than a river of blood?

by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2016 10:24 PM

No Stevie Nicks scoop?

by Anonymousreply 190April 15, 2016 10:28 PM

A best friend of mine's mum slept with Steve Irwin when they were both in their twenties (before he married). I don't know what the experience was like but I can imagine Mr Irwin was enthusiastic about everything he ever participated in.

Easy there, little lady,I gotcha ! Hold on ! Don't be scared, I'm not gonna hurt ya! Let me just roll ya over... Crikey! look at the size of the jobblies on this lil' nipper ! Hold still now ! Almost done, easy lil' Sheila....there ya go ! Now off with ya, back into the wild ya go ! Aw, what a beauty! Look at her run !! !! !!

by Anonymousreply 191April 15, 2016 10:30 PM

r154- Wish I could remember more, but it was boring adult talk that was tempered by lots of pot. So they weren't really making sense to me, and I eventually fell asleep. The only reason I remembered the French Tickler comment was because I've never heard of it and looked it up eventually. That conversation did begin with female castration though.

The owner of the compound (don't know who it was) had a dog whose vocal cords were cut, so they would't be bothered by his barking. I felt sorry for that dog, who would try to bark furiously, but would make an "arp, arp, arp" sound.

by Anonymousreply 192April 15, 2016 10:47 PM

For R190- Stevie Nicks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 15, 2016 10:53 PM

[quote]He and Harrison were very competitive. George fucked Crapton's girlfriend and Eric was seething. That's why he went after Patti, to get back at George.

That gf was who Harrison and Clapton fought over was Charlotte Martin, who shortly thereafter moved in with Jimmy Page for a dozen or so years and gave birth to his daughter. She also had flings with Hendrix and Ronnie Wood. It was all very incestuous.

R171 Harrison slept with Lory DS more out of compassion than competition with Clapton. She was devastated after losing her son and Clapton while commiserating wasn't exactly comforting. Harrison knew she was suffering badly and tried to fill in. His typical way of comfort was to sleep with her, no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 194April 15, 2016 10:57 PM

[quote]I always thought it a hoot that when they came back to the States from Algeria, Eldridge opened a mens clothing boutique

in West Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 195April 15, 2016 10:57 PM

Someone needs to revive the House of Eldridge de Paris.

I'm thinking Prince is the man for the job, except his plane has just done an emergency landing due to a 'medical emergency'...

by Anonymousreply 196April 15, 2016 11:17 PM

What about Isaac Hayes, OP?

by Anonymousreply 197April 16, 2016 12:02 AM

R185 I talked to one of The Isley Bros group members(The 3 plus 3 album band and beyond). A real gentleman and very cerebral. Nothing kinky happened. He was into Gershwin and some really cool influences. I can't say if liking Gershwin makes a man gay though!

R184 I said fully criticized. EC(Declan McManus) was never routinely ripped for what he did by the whole musical community. It's nice that BB criticized him but it wasn't like Eric Clapton came out and called him out on it......

by Anonymousreply 198April 16, 2016 12:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 16, 2016 12:37 AM

Oh, that again (at r199.)

I wonder if this still happens

by Anonymousreply 200April 16, 2016 12:42 AM

Patti Boyd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 16, 2016 1:09 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 16, 2016 1:23 AM

Pattie was not attractive. Maybe there was just 'something' about her.

by Anonymousreply 203April 16, 2016 1:28 AM

The OP's "aunt", if she actually exists, sounds full of shit. She sounds like a right mess; people like that will say anything. I mean,really; she wouldn't fuck David Bowie because he had "weird eyes?" That's pretty unbelieveable. EVERYBODY wanted to fuck David Bowie and his eyes weren't "weird"; his eyes were very striking and attractive.

by Anonymousreply 204April 16, 2016 1:54 AM

Well she didn't really find many white guys attractive but I didn't want to offend anyone on DL. R204

by Anonymousreply 205April 16, 2016 1:58 AM

r204 Everybody, oh my.

by Anonymousreply 206April 16, 2016 2:23 AM

Great thread!

Any gossip about Bill Withers? Love his voice. What about Smokey Robinson? He seems like he'd get around.

by Anonymousreply 207April 16, 2016 2:24 AM

Wasn't even alive then and I can say everyone did not want to fuck David. Not even Iman when he invited her to a party of his in the late 70's. She did not attend.

by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2016 2:35 AM

Love R191. Possibly the cutest sex scene ever committed to print.

by Anonymousreply 209April 16, 2016 2:53 AM

"Wasn't even alive then and I can say everyone did not want to fuck David. Not even Iman when he invited her to a party of his in the late 70's. She did not attend."

Every groupie and hanger on wanted to fuck him. I think the OP's aunt (if she exists) would fit easily into those categories. And she didn't want to fuck David Bowie because of his eyes? That's pretty damned unbelieveable.

by Anonymousreply 210April 16, 2016 3:07 AM

Nada on Isaac Hayes R197.

Nada on Smokey r207

Everybody knows this but he beat Denise Nicolas. People say he's witty and hilarious but if he did that that pretty much cancels any positive feelings I had about him, he liked young (barely legal) girls.

R210 I'd ask why she didn't fuck Bowie but she's dead sooo. The only white she told me about her being with was Crapton. It's fine though. 'High out of is mind with some weird eyes' was how she described him. I'm not a fan and I don't really care about him. She was better than me. If Angie Bowie old or young came up to me I would run the other way.

by Anonymousreply 211April 16, 2016 3:38 AM

There's actully some truth to the 'eric clapton wouldn't let a kilo of cocaine fall out a window' joke. Alice Ormsby-Gore once said he dropped some heroin on a rug and dropped down to the floor with the quickness to snort it up.

by Anonymousreply 212April 16, 2016 4:45 AM

[quote]A black fried o mine from Aruba knew Eric and got along with him very well. This whole anti-immigrant BS EC went on about in the 70s has been blown out of proportion.

You're not just quite stupid, but funny, as well. You must have many black "frieds" of yours, as well, to survive such a claim. And stupid cunty white fish lovers, as well. Git along, dogey!

by Anonymousreply 213April 16, 2016 5:24 AM

R203 Sorry Patti was quite attractive in the 60s and 70s. She didn't age that well but she was quite the looker in her time.

by Anonymousreply 214April 16, 2016 5:29 AM

R213 I meant: A black friend of mine,OK? Grammar Nazi,You are beyond rude. You need to be sent back to charm school. You are not only an idiotic bore ,you are a witless wonder of the lowest order. Learn some manners instead of being a grammar Nazi. Verstehen sie?

by Anonymousreply 215April 16, 2016 5:34 AM

[quote] "ASSHOLE BEFORE and AFTER THE GRITS!!😡😡!!"

by Anonymousreply 216April 16, 2016 6:06 AM

R214 Maybe I overspoke. The picture posted of Pattie was not flattering but she had the iconic 60's dolly bird look down. Her smile is just wonky.

by Anonymousreply 217April 16, 2016 6:41 AM

There are three things that brought the boys to Patti's yard.

Two are in this photo. The third was her controllability. When she and Harrison moved into his Friar Park estate , he built a studio and people would be coming and going all the time - studio musicians, girlfriends, and at one point he moved a load of Hare Krishna in. Anyway people would wonder where Patti was. She would be found sitting alone in the kitchen, stirring soup or embroidering in silence. Just how George liked it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 16, 2016 10:28 AM

Friar Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219April 16, 2016 10:28 AM

Crapton and Patti in Friar Park in '73

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220April 16, 2016 10:30 AM

George in the grounds. I think that's Patti's leg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 16, 2016 10:31 AM

Crapton and Charlotte Martin who fucked George and then went to live with Jimmy Page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 16, 2016 10:34 AM

Wot a cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 16, 2016 10:34 AM

Mick Fleetwood, with his wife Jenny Boyd ...Patti's sister

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 16, 2016 10:36 AM

Lucky Jenny Boyd and her cocaine-crazed paramour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225April 16, 2016 10:39 AM

Mick is still on coke, btw....

And he's had two off-the-books bankruptcies aside from his two public ones.

by Anonymousreply 226April 16, 2016 12:35 PM

Mick's not as 24/7 on coke as he used to be, but he still does it and drinks constantly.

Everyone in Fleetwood Mac hates him but he keeps a fairly good relationship with Stevie because she has bailed him out financially several times.

EVERYONE in Fleetwood Mac hates each other, even Christine McVie. Her sister act with Stevie is fake for the concerts and press, but she's been jealous of Stevie for 40 years. She quit the band in 1998, not for her "fear of flying" and other lies, but because of her hatred for Stevie. Her calculated return in 2014 was to make more money, not a love of her ex-bandmates.

Lindsay Buckingham is a raging alcoholic and egomaniac. Stevie can't stand having to be fake with him onstage. NO ONE in the band likes him at all.

John McVie has a strong dislike for Stevie as he sees her as a prima donna, even though she IS the most popular member.

MONEY is th only reason these five people have anything to do with one another now.

by Anonymousreply 227April 16, 2016 12:45 PM

I had the feeling that Fleetwood Mac does not have much love left for each other. Pretty sad.

by Anonymousreply 228April 16, 2016 1:35 PM

'even though she IS the most popular member.'

By a country mile. And she'll always be a DL fave!

by Anonymousreply 229April 16, 2016 1:51 PM

Pattie's looks didn't last long. Life with Crapton must have taken a heavy toll. The tits held up, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 16, 2016 1:56 PM

In contemporary parlance, rockers were Male Chauvinist Pigs.

Nothing really revolutionary about them.

by Anonymousreply 231April 16, 2016 2:53 PM

I didn't realize she was so subservient to George R218.

by Anonymousreply 232April 16, 2016 3:42 PM

OP, Did your aunt ever meet rock bands like Grand Funk Railroad or Vanilla Fudge?

by Anonymousreply 233April 16, 2016 4:39 PM

What about the group War?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234April 16, 2016 7:16 PM

R233 No problem. No one has mentioned Grand Funk or Vanilla Fudge to me so nothing on them.

R234 I've met War in their current lineup and they're nice guys. I only talked to them breifly though and that's the impression I got. Oh and Eric Burdon was into black/brown/crazy (haha) groupies but that's not new T.

by Anonymousreply 235April 16, 2016 8:14 PM

Patti Boyd was a model. She was quite pretty, in that way English girls were in the sixties. She had the prerequisite long hair with bangs (she was a natural blonde), big cornflower blue eyes, full lips, and despite her skinny bod she had good-sized tits. George Harrison fell for her hard. So did Eric Clapton. They wrote two two great songs about her: Something" and "Layla." At a party douchebag John Lennon ignored his wife Cynthia and made a blatant sexual pass at her. Lulu, who was at the same party, told him off. She was VERY desired by men. She married a Beatle, then later married Eric "Clapton is God" Clapton. I'd say she did pretty well. Although somewhat ditzy, she always seemed to be a decent person. She became adept at photography and is now happily married to a man who is NOT a musician. I'd say she's a lot more likeable than a lot of women who were the paramours of rock stars.

by Anonymousreply 236April 16, 2016 8:30 PM

George cheated on Pattie with Maureen in their own house while Pattie was there. When she confronted Maureen she said "tough luck". What a cunt, and so was George. She still says he was her soulmate and the love of his life. I don't think he felt the same.

by Anonymousreply 237April 16, 2016 9:37 PM

Anymore on Crapton OP? Or Harrison and Dylan?

by Anonymousreply 238April 17, 2016 8:14 AM

Thanks for the info, OP.

by Anonymousreply 239April 17, 2016 10:18 AM

Ringo seems to be the most decent of the Beatles. Sobering up helped.

by Anonymousreply 240April 17, 2016 2:53 PM

I agree with you, r240.

by Anonymousreply 241April 17, 2016 3:19 PM

Clapton's racism obviously doesn't extend to those of Asian heritage, since his current wife is half Korean and his three kids with her also of that background.

He also had a long running thing with his back up singer Yvonne Elliman, who is half-Japanese.

by Anonymousreply 242April 18, 2016 1:30 AM

Funny all of Clapton's children are female. It seems like a karmic revenge ( if he ever thinks about how his daughters will be treated by men.)

by Anonymousreply 243April 18, 2016 5:40 PM

What about the Allman Brothers Band, OP?

by Anonymousreply 244April 18, 2016 5:57 PM

[quote]Ringo seems to be the most decent of the Beatles.

I think so, too. He made a dotty but sweet video appearance in the documentary "Good Ol' Freda," about Freda Kelly, who was secretary and worked publicity for The Beatles for years and years. All he does is wish her well (and I get the impression he has kind of forgotten who she is) but I heard that Paul and others still around from the Beatles' days refused to say anything at all. Eventually Paul made a statement through his reps, but that was it.

by Anonymousreply 245April 18, 2016 6:16 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 246April 18, 2016 11:11 PM

R238 Everything I know on Crapton and Dylan has been said. R76 was spot on about Dylan, oh and Dylan is nice to his housekeepers and pays them well, but other than that fuck him.

R242 I doubt he knew she was part Asian when he met her. She could pass for white fairly easily (to me).

R243 Exactly

R244 No doubt she met them but I don't remember her talking about them.

R245 He seems sweet, that peace sign he does all the time now seems to be a reflex now lol.

by Anonymousreply 247April 19, 2016 4:50 AM

Yvonne Elliman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 19, 2016 4:58 AM

I meant his current wife could pass, not Yvonne! Sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 249April 19, 2016 5:12 AM

OP, I knew what you meant. I just forgot about Yvonne and wanted to post that!

by Anonymousreply 250April 19, 2016 5:24 AM

Oh cool. Anytime is a good time to hear her, she's great.

by Anonymousreply 251April 19, 2016 5:27 AM

Not saying it excuses anything (I'm not a fan of the man, hardly know of him), but: "Clapton grew up with his grandmother, Rose, and her second husband, Jack Clapp, who was stepfather to Patricia Clapton and her brother Adrian, believing they were his parents and that his mother was actually his older sister." Those types of stories do a number on those who grow up in these types of environment. Isn't it Jack Nicholson who had a similar life story? Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley.

Anyway, for some reason England has always been rife with teenage pregnancies. Even to this day. Don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 252April 22, 2016 11:34 PM

R252 that also happened to Ted Bundy. It probably still goes on tbh.

by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2016 10:50 PM

oh and bump

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2016 10:51 PM

My parents know Eric Clapton (not that well). They live in the same town where he has his country house. He used to live in the country most of the time when he was on drugs. Now that he's remarried he lives in London most of the time. My dad thinks he's an jackass. We were talking about how he's always rated as one of the best guitarists in the world. My dad said, "he's had 30 or more years to practice the same songs". Which is kind of true. He hasn't had a hit song since the 1980s. My Mother thinks he's a horrible person and treats his wives/girlfriends like dirt. She's met a few of them over the years (especially when he was drinking and drugging because he always hung out at the local pub) and he has them trained to step off into the background when fans come up. She says he has them trained like dogs. It's true. I've met him a few times and everything is all about HIM. It's very weird when people approach him. His current wife just moves to the background. She's not what you call attractive and she probably does realize that no one wants her in any of their pictures. My mother says their three girls are very nice and well behaved. He had some kind of row with his oldest (illegitimate) daughter that he had while he was married to Patti a while ago and they were not speaking to each other (I read that in the newspaper)

by Anonymousreply 255April 23, 2016 11:56 PM

I think it's better when all of these musicians die at 27, so they leave a legacy of talent and mystery that lives on forever rather than living too long and showing everyone they're just decrepit old assholes who need die already.

by Anonymousreply 256April 24, 2016 12:07 AM

who need TO die already*

by Anonymousreply 257April 24, 2016 12:07 AM

"need" can be used with or without "to"

by Anonymousreply 258April 24, 2016 12:56 AM

If you're interested in the whole Clapton, Patti, George, Maureen thing, read Miss O'Dell by Chris O'Dell. It's really good. She was "employed" by Apple Records and lived with Patti and George for a while. She also dated that lunatic drummer with Derek and the Dominoes who beat up Rita Coolidge and then killed his mother. Chris lived with Leon Russell and screwed Dylan, but has not a bad thing to say about anyone. Oh. Except of course Clapton!

by Anonymousreply 259April 24, 2016 1:30 AM

Did she screw Dylan and George or just Dylan?

by Anonymousreply 260April 24, 2016 11:05 AM

Thank you for the tea, OP, it's delicious.

David Cross' epic takedown of Eric the Clap's capitalizing on his son's death @20:43.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261April 24, 2016 12:42 PM

We have done a NUMBER on Crapton.

Good work, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 262April 24, 2016 1:27 PM

[quote] She's not what you call attractive and she probably does realize that no one wants her in any of their pictures.

Lmaooo. It's true though.

by Anonymousreply 263April 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Bob and Sara with George and Olivia. Who they both treated like dog shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 25, 2016 9:30 AM

When I was a kid I always wanted to get jacked off by Billy Preston.

by Anonymousreply 265April 25, 2016 10:34 AM

r265 SAME!

by Anonymousreply 266April 25, 2016 10:53 AM

Literally no one has gossip on Pink Floyd. Were they really that private and weird? Anything, OP?

by Anonymousreply 267April 25, 2016 12:30 PM

[quote] Bob and Sara with George and Olivia. Who they both treated like dog shit

George CONSTANTLY cheated on Olivia. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have some illegitimate kids around the world

by Anonymousreply 268May 4, 2016 6:57 AM

I often wonder about illegitimate rock star offspring...like how many kids (adults by now) do Mick Jagger, George Harrison, Keef Richards, REALLY have?

by Anonymousreply 269May 4, 2016 7:05 AM

Nada on Pink Floyd r267. They were that weird I guess. Lol

by Anonymousreply 270May 4, 2016 7:19 AM

What was George's type? R148 gives a hint. Or was he just an all around slag?

by Anonymousreply 271May 4, 2016 8:25 AM

George was an all around slag.

Pattie's book (e-version) is on sale on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $1.99

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 12, 2016 5:25 AM

George fucked Ringo's missus Maureen, let's not forget. Right under Ringo and Pattie's noses. He turned around to Ringo and said 'I'm in love with your wife'. Ringo freaked out, and started mumbling incoherently to himself. John Lennon said George had committed 'incest'.

by Anonymousreply 273May 13, 2016 8:58 PM

"He hasn't had a hit song since the 1980s."

He doesn't need to have any hit songs. He's regarded as a legend; legends don't need to have a hit song every year. When's the last time Bob Dylan had a hit song? Or Bruce Springsteen? They already have a body of music that's going to last forever. They don't need to crank out hits.

by Anonymousreply 274May 13, 2016 10:10 PM

I mean...they certainly weren't the greatest musicians to ever live. Of course legends don't need a hit song every year but are any of those people relevant outside of their "legendary" status? Though I'm giving Bruce a pass since I'm from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 275May 16, 2016 9:26 AM

Didn't Clapton have the same background as Ted Bundy and Bobby Darin?

by Anonymousreply 276May 16, 2016 11:28 AM

And Jack Nicholson too.

by Anonymousreply 277May 16, 2016 12:13 PM

My aunt fucked Frank Zappa in the 70's.

by Anonymousreply 278May 19, 2016 12:59 AM

OP, does your aunt know anything about the Beatles? Specifically John Lennon in the 70s when he lived in New York?

by Anonymousreply 279May 19, 2016 1:49 AM

Wow! Sorry for the wait. Yeah nothing about any of the Beatles. No one in my family is a Beatles fan and I guess it rubbed off on me. I used to have a friend of a friend from university who swore by the fact that Yoko is the kindest, most genuine woman. She knew her well. It's a professional relationship, but whenever she heard anybody insult her she said "Bullshit!" It was pretty serious to her lol.

by Anonymousreply 280May 20, 2016 8:05 AM

I would've asked her more about Yoko then but she was really annoying and smug.

by Anonymousreply 281May 20, 2016 8:10 AM

Thanks, OP. I appreciate the response. I'm a bit of a Beatles nerd.

by Anonymousreply 282May 21, 2016 5:19 PM

Rare letter reveals John Lennon had suggested to Eric Clapton they form a band. There was a point in time when George Harrison thought about leaving the band and his replacement was Clapton, so this letter is a link of what could have been:

“Eric, I know I can bring out something great, in fact greater in you that had been so far evident in your music. I hope to bring out the same kind of greatness in all of us, which I know will happen if/when we get together,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 23, 2016 11:42 AM

Eric Clapton grew up with his grandmother, Rose, and her second husband, Jack Clapp, who was stepfather to Patricia Clapton and her brother Adrian, believing they were his parents and that his mother, Patricia, was actually his older sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 23, 2016 12:47 PM

I'm listening to Eric Clapton's new album 'I Still Do', now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 23, 2016 1:02 PM

R227 Jealous of what? Christine had her own fucking hits. No one sits at home because of any jealousy. I've spoken to people that know Christine. She is very insular, very private and a bit eccentric. She left LA and went back to the UK to get her sanity back. She had a much better balanced life when she left the Mac.

LB left Fleetwood Mac in the 80s because of his anger towards Christine and Stevie. They were not artistes like he was yet wrote a hit in 30 minutes! At one point, LB choked Stevie at a Fleetwood Mac band meeting. That was one of the last straws for LB.

by Anonymousreply 286May 23, 2016 1:14 PM

Did she ever meet James Taylor? I hear he's massively hung.

by Anonymousreply 287May 23, 2016 1:22 PM

JT might be hung but now he has a face made for radio.

by Anonymousreply 288May 23, 2016 1:24 PM

The four last songs of Eric's new album ('I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine', 'I'll Be Alright', 'Somebody's Knockin' and 'I'll Be Seeing You' were clearly the best. I didn't like the rest, i found them boring. But these four are little diamonds, excellent covers, bravo Eric.

by Anonymousreply 289May 23, 2016 2:07 PM

I agree, r288. He looks like a grandpa retired insurance salesman now, but he was a babe in his day.

by Anonymousreply 290May 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Yes, Clapton's cover of 'I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine' is excellent. It's a Bob Dylan song, you know.

Eric Clapton has long been an admirer of Bob Dylan. They met for the first time at a recording session in the early sixties. Over the years, Eric Clapton has recorded the following songs by Bob Dylan:

- Sign Language (on No Reason To Cry - 1976) - Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (A-side single 1975, on Timepieces - 1982) - Walk Out In The Rain (on Backless – 1978) - If I Don’t Be There By Morning (on Backless - 1978) - Born In Time (on Pilgrim - 1998) - I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine (on Still I Do - 2016)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 23, 2016 7:03 PM

Eric Clapton has long been an admirer of Bob Dylan. They met for the first time at a recording session in the early sixties. Over the years, Eric Clapton has recorded the following songs by Bob Dylan:

- Sign Language (on No Reason To Cry - 1976)

- Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (A-side single 1975, on Timepieces - 1982)

- Walk Out In The Rain (on Backless – 1978)

- If I Don’t Be There By Morning (on Backless - 1978)

- Born In Time (on Pilgrim - 1998)

- I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine (on Still I Do - 2016)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 23, 2016 7:40 PM

Did your aunt ever fuck Beethoven?

by Anonymousreply 293May 23, 2016 9:07 PM

R287 I don't think she ever mentioned James Taylor.

R288 & R290 Hahaha

R292 God, Dylan looks horrible. Not even gonna say anything about Crapton.

Funnily enough my neighbor has been blasting that album for the past few days when he thinks I'm not home. If I had to pick a song it'd be 'I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine' or 'I Will Be There' **hides**

How did you know?? Haha r293

by Anonymousreply 294May 24, 2016 4:38 AM

Clapton is 31 years older than his wife Melia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295May 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Crapton.

Wicked Eric Crapton.

by Anonymousreply 296May 24, 2016 10:53 AM

Eric Clapton Considering Retirement After New Album

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 24, 2016 4:49 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 298May 24, 2016 9:00 PM

For R298

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299May 26, 2016 11:45 AM

Eric was a hottie when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300May 26, 2016 11:59 AM

Op, do you know what your aunt and Clapton's relationship was like? And more on Leon Russell. How was he strange?

by Anonymousreply 301June 2, 2016 1:12 AM

Two of Eric Clapton's biggest hits, "Cocaine" and "After Midnight", were written by the brilliant J.J. Cale.

by Anonymousreply 302June 2, 2016 2:16 AM

Yeah, Eric's great chemistry with J.J. Cale is undeniable, R302. Eric also made an album ('The Road to Escondido') which included mostly J.J Cale songs.

'Travelin Light' is also a great song written by J.J. Cale which you can find in Eric's album 'Reptile'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 3, 2016 11:20 AM

Sorry r301! Clapton was pretty controlling and slightly paranoid. He would ask her questions like 'How many men have you been when since I saw you' and accuse her of using him...I mean she was but if you have those doubts why even stick around?

When Leon and my mom first met she kind of stared at him. Not out of rudeness but out of fascination, here's this short guy with long grey hair and a real thick Southern accent, so he saw her and kind of did an Irish jig, like the one Ashlee Simpson did when she was caught lip synching on SNL. I guess you'd have to be there, or at least see my mom reenact it...lol. There was also pushback from some of Leon's relatives when he got married to Mary, don't know which ones though.

by Anonymousreply 304June 6, 2016 6:51 AM

Yes, Okie musician talk!

(Sorry for the interruption; carry on.)

by Anonymousreply 305June 6, 2016 8:20 AM

What about Paul Rodgers from Free and Bad Company?

by Anonymousreply 306June 6, 2016 9:44 PM

What about him, R306? What exactly do you ask?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 6, 2016 9:55 PM

I was wondering if your aunt ever met him. That's all, r307.

by Anonymousreply 308June 7, 2016 8:05 PM

I'm not OP, R308. I'm just a puss that might be helpful to you. But as i can see now, only OP holds the key to your question.

by Anonymousreply 309June 7, 2016 8:13 PM

R306 I doubt that I can give you any information which will in any way be juicy or even informative, but back in 1973, my boyfriend(I'm female) was in the band Lynyrd Skynyrd, and they toured all summer with Bad Company. Paul was a fun guy and every bit the drinker and partier that Ronnie Van Zant was. A a matter of fact, everyone felt that they were separated at birth twins! Fortunately, Paul did not suffer the tragic end which RVS did.

by Anonymousreply 310June 7, 2016 9:25 PM

r307 wasn't me, r309/r306! She never mentioned him, sorry babe.

by Anonymousreply 311June 8, 2016 2:02 AM

Cute cat btw!

by Anonymousreply 312June 8, 2016 2:12 AM

Our Crapton thread will NEVER die, vow dataloungers,

by Anonymousreply 313June 8, 2016 3:02 PM

Yeah. Die not!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 8, 2016 3:19 PM

Thanks for the info, r310.

by Anonymousreply 315June 8, 2016 3:44 PM

Eric Clapton's Health

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 11, 2016 5:20 PM

From what i have read about him, i'm also surprised that he survived.

He was always the kind of person that could not escape an addiction without replacing it with another.

by Anonymousreply 317June 11, 2016 5:26 PM

"I don't listen to anything, and I don't read the papers, and I don't watch TV, and I don't go to concerts.

"And so my music, it doesn't matter if I did it 20 years ago or if I did it tomorrow. It doesn't go with trends. My trousers don't get wider and tighter every six months. My music just stays what it is, and that's the way I like it."

A quote from George Harrison

What a pretentious douche

by Anonymousreply 318June 29, 2016 8:59 AM

Nevermind that his thread is dead! I love it and everyone that contributed.

by Anonymousreply 319June 29, 2016 9:01 AM

Paul Simon says he's ready to end his music career: 'It’s an act of courage to let go'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 29, 2016 9:12 PM

[quote] 'It’s an act of courage to let go'

I love his short self dearly but this should've happened 7 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 321June 30, 2016 12:17 AM

I agree, r321.

by Anonymousreply 322July 1, 2016 10:41 PM

Eric Clapton 'struggles to play guitar'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 2, 2016 9:16 PM

Joan Baez was very much the humorless snob back in the day. She seems to have calmed down though. She also is very into women, despite labeling herself as a bi woman whose last same sex relationship was over fifty years ago.

by Anonymousreply 324July 3, 2016 12:37 AM

You didn't hear it from me, but Sean Lennon is a very smelly individual. His farts are sometimes pungent enough to kill a small pony.

by Anonymousreply 325July 5, 2016 4:49 AM

r310 if you don't mind naming names, who was it? I was a bit of a fan back in the day-loved their guitar sound. IIRC, they got into a lot of fights over their hair back in the day. RVS could be quite belligerent when he'd had a few.

by Anonymousreply 326July 5, 2016 5:44 AM

R326 If you know the band, I'll give you a hint: he was one of the three guitar players. I don't mean to be a c*nt, but I try to say as anonymous as possible. You are so right about the hair thing. That was the genesis of their name. Most of the band went to high school together in Jax, and they had a teacher named Leonard Skinner who was always on their asses about cutting their long hair(remember we are talking about the early 70s in the south. So they kept switching names as they played in local clubs and such, but when they were "discovered" by Al Kooper, they needed a good solid name which would provoke interest. They decided that a play on their mutually loathed teacher would be funny have the added value of pissing the hell out of him. Fast forward three years, and the old coot loved the name and the fame which came with it. He started a real estate company and his For Sale signs actually featured his photo and the words:" The original Lynyrd Skynyrd." Yes, Ronnie was a handful, drunk or sober, but he was a sweet guy and I adored him(and his whole family--Johnny, Donnie and his dad Lacy who looked just like Santa Claus.) We had a lot of fun on tour....sort of like the Beverly Hillbillies do the Four Seasons. I got to meet so many musicians who I had idolized as a kid(I was still only 20 when we met.) You would be shocked at how many established musician really dug Ronnie and admired his work. People get a kick out of the fact that he and Neil Young became good friends after Ronnie called him out in Sweet Home Alabama. It broke my heart when he died, and even though the band took a few years off to recoup and recover, I stayed quite close to everyone. So weird to realize that they are(almost) all dead now.

by Anonymousreply 327July 5, 2016 6:12 AM

whoops that should have read STAY as anonymous as possible, not say

by Anonymousreply 328July 5, 2016 6:13 AM

Is R226 with the Fleetwood Mac gossip still around? Can you share anymore? Christine has always seemed above petty jealousy and not competitive enough to be so jealous of Stevie as to quit the band. Lindsey seems insufferable and according to multiple books was physically violent toward multiple women and even one of their producers.

by Anonymousreply 329July 5, 2016 7:08 AM

r329 I'm not the other poster, but Buckingham was an enormous coke monster. He was allegedly "that guy", who just does high quality, endless rails and turns manic and hyper-focused, right on the edge of paranoia, who has to do everything, right now, exactly right and everyone else has to keep up or they're assholes.

Not excusing his behaviour in any way, but I'm surprised that's the only account to come out of that time.

Supposedly, Life in the Fast Lane was written about him and Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 330July 5, 2016 7:38 AM

R329 Buckingham was more of a stoner according the two books I read. One was by an ex-gf of his and the other was by one of the guys who produced some of their albums. Despite constantly smoking weed, he was highly strung as you describe and physically abusive. Mick, Stevie, and to a lesser extent Christine were the real cokeheads. Buckingham did not come across well in either book. I wonder what the real relationship between him and Stevie is like at this point. Fleetwood Mac must closely guard their secrets because I had heard nothing of what R226 wrote.

by Anonymousreply 331July 5, 2016 7:57 AM

He was a hard-headed man He was brutally handsome, and she was terminally pretty She held him up, and he held her for ransom in the heart of the cold, cold city He had a nasty reputation as a cruel dude They said he was ruthless, they said he was crude They had one thing in common, they were good in bed She'd say, 'Faster, faster. The lights are turnin' red." Life in the fast lane Surely make you lose your mind, mm Are you with me so far?

Eager for action and hot for the game The coming attraction, the drop of a name They knew all the right people, they took all the right pills They threw outrageous parties, they paid heavenly bills There were lines on the mirror, lines on her face She pretended not to notice, she was caught up in the race

Out every evening, until it was light He was too tired to make it, she was too tired to fight about it

Blowin' and burnin', blinded by thirst They didn't see the stop sign, took a turn for the worse

She said, "Listen, baby. You can hear the engine ring. We've been up and down this highway; haven't seen a goddam thing." He said, "Call the doctor. I think I'm gonna crash." "The doctor say he's comin', but you gotta pay him cash." They went rushin' down that freeway, messed around and got lost They didn't care they were just dyin' to get off And it was life in the fast lane Life in the fast lane

by Anonymousreply 332July 5, 2016 8:08 AM

I agree that Lindsey was more of a stoner. Stevie was the coke monster.

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2016 8:23 AM

Does anyone have the source of the interview where porn star Jenna Fine admits to George Harrison being one of her clients when she escorted in LA? I heard about this long before the 'Living in a Material World' thread on DL but ye old Googleheim isn't giving me anything.

by Anonymousreply 334July 5, 2016 8:36 AM

[quote] You didn't hear it from me, but Sean Lennon is a very smelly individual. His farts are sometimes pungent enough to kill a small pony.

It's his diet.

by Anonymousreply 335July 5, 2016 8:45 AM

Joan Baez and Kim, her former girlfriend who she still financially supports. 1963, matching outfits and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336July 10, 2016 8:40 PM
by Anonymousreply 337April 20, 2019 4:14 AM

R336, maybe they had a ménage a trois with Bob Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 338April 20, 2019 4:36 PM

my late uncle claimed to have fucked Janis Joplin.

The only thing that makes me think it could possibly be true is the fact that in his youth he was very good looking.

by Anonymousreply 339April 21, 2019 6:31 AM

In my opinion Eric Clapton is at best a competent guitarist and at worst mediocre. Overrated is the word to describe him. I have heard far better (white) blues guitarists than him who never got the attention or adulation because they never had the pedigree that Eric had. Being in Cream opened a lot of doors for him. He is a good guitarist and talented but as great guitarists go, he is really not that special. Plus he had a good PR machine backing him up promoting his image. Then you add into this the fact that he is a big phony, an outright racist, who hates and has no respect for the very people whose music he has exploited and made a fortune off of for 55 years...to me he is a despicable low life scum. Not a good person.

I wonder what B. B. King would have thought if he had heard Eric's racist rant at that concert?

by Anonymousreply 340April 21, 2019 9:10 AM

Did she have any Charles Manson connections? Was she at Spahn Ranch? Did she know Squeaky?

by Anonymousreply 341April 21, 2019 9:22 AM

Some guitar riff from Clapton, Cream, Blind Faith, I don't remember, has been going through my head for days now: "duh-duh-duh-DUHHH-duh-duh-DUH-duh-duh-DUHHH..." over and over. Then "DAH-DAH-DADDAH-DAH-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah..."

by Anonymousreply 342April 21, 2019 10:28 AM

We had an elderfish sister friend, a singer with a Capitol records contract, who fucked Miles Davis.

by Anonymousreply 343April 21, 2019 1:14 PM

Eric was very good looking in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 344April 21, 2019 1:27 PM

r342 Dear Mr Fantasy by Traffic, after Blind Faith

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345April 21, 2019 2:01 PM

I want to know who fucked with Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Jim Morrison and Tom Jones. I know they're all straight and married but someone had to give a blowjob at some point. Spill.

by Anonymousreply 346April 21, 2019 2:27 PM

"Badge" - Cream, r342

by Anonymousreply 347April 21, 2019 2:32 PM

You do realize all these iconic Brit musicians are/were 5'7" sickly looking pencil necks, right?

by Anonymousreply 348April 21, 2019 5:09 PM

Thank you both, r347 and r345, but neither is the song that keeps playing in my head. But Badge comes close. There's a four-or five-note sequence that's very similar. It's possible it's not Cream, or any of the groups I initially mentioned.

Love "Dear Mr. Fantasy," btw, which I discovered while on speed in the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 349April 21, 2019 6:30 PM

r349 is this it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350April 21, 2019 7:06 PM

Patti Boyd looks pretty decent for a woman in her sixties I would think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351April 21, 2019 7:21 PM

R350, no, but it is so close. I've listened to both Wheels of Fire and Disraeli Gears in their entirety, and the song is not on either album. It's very, very similar to both "Sunshine of Your Love" and "Tales of Brave Ulysses," but it isn't either of them.

Thank you so much for continuing to play.

by Anonymousreply 352April 21, 2019 7:28 PM

R350, now I've gone through Fresh Cream. It is not "Sweet Wine," though it's reminiscent as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353April 21, 2019 7:43 PM

"South California Purples" by CTA comes close, but ultimately is not the song I'm thinking of. Similar hook. Call and response that goes up and comes back down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 21, 2019 7:58 PM

Still a "wow, daaaaamn" for R1 three years later

by Anonymousreply 355April 21, 2019 8:00 PM

My aunt dated Ernie DiGregorio - the basketball player.

by Anonymousreply 356April 21, 2019 8:21 PM

R120, that was a crap song, but Clapton was a brilliant guitarist. He did some amazing work in the 60's and later, but the 70's was not his best decade. It's heartbreaking about his racism, as, given his experience, they should have been just the opposite.

I cut Tina Turner a lot of slack. She had a very bad early life and her years with Ike were a nightmare. as well as after she left him until the mid-80s. Her sons didn't fare well either.

by Anonymousreply 357April 21, 2019 8:39 PM

r342 --- Is it "White Room" by Cream?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358April 21, 2019 9:00 PM

No, r358. That's not it, either. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 359April 21, 2019 9:55 PM

I still think you are thinking of the bridge on "Badge," midway through the song.

by Anonymousreply 360April 21, 2019 9:58 PM

He should have checked his privilege. But now it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 361April 21, 2019 10:01 PM

I'm listening to it again, r360. That's not it. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 362April 21, 2019 10:04 PM

Why is everyone telling R32 to shut up?

by Anonymousreply 363April 21, 2019 10:12 PM

They haven't told her to shut up in three years, r363.

by Anonymousreply 364April 21, 2019 10:17 PM

*groan* R1

by Anonymousreply 365January 8, 2020 1:43 AM

OP you are a datalounge legend! Did your aunt have sex with Gregg Allman or any of the other Allman Brothers band?

What did she say about Eric Clapton, was he cut or not cut? Average or hung? What about other musicians were they not cut or cut, hung or average?

by Anonymousreply 366January 3, 2021 10:59 PM

Wow. Where was this thread hiding? Back when DL was fun.

by Anonymousreply 367January 3, 2021 11:37 PM

R34 is there any truth to the rumor or claim that Dylan is bisexual? Someone wrote about it here. But they could be mentioning Clapton as well as they did not say if the musician was from the USA or UK or where they were from. I am bisexual and read a book about bisexuality from the 1990s called vice versa by Majorie Garber which outed EC, and I believe Mick claimed he had hooked up with EC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368January 4, 2021 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!