Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Who fucked more Eagles members? Linda Ronstadt or Stevie Nicks?

Stevie: Don Henley, Joe Walsh

Linda: ???

by Anonymousreply 8508/29/2014

Has there been any homosex between the members of Eagles?

by Anonymousreply 1008/24/2013

Don and Glenn fucked me big-time!

by Anonymousreply 1208/24/2013

you forgot Carole King. She fuck James Taylor

by Anonymousreply 1308/24/2013

I don't know if Carole King ever fucked James Taylor.

She's certainly never admitted it, and she admits to a lo of fucking (even a street person) in her book.

I always got the impression she had a huge crush on him but she was too ugly for him.

by Anonymousreply 1408/24/2013

Joni Mitchell tried to kill herself when Jackson Browne broke up with her.

She got back at him much later by writing the song "Not To Blame" about him, which included a lyrics that claimed he beat his wife and drove her to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 1608/24/2013

David Geffen

by Anonymousreply 1708/24/2013

"Joni Mitchell tried to kill herself when Jackson Browne broke up with her."

Uh, no. The only person who resorted to suicide because of Jackson Browne was his late wife Phyllis. Joni just wrote a song, a very good one, about it. Jackson Browne is a pig.

by Anonymousreply 1808/24/2013

Jackson Browne had an affair with Laura Nyro, probably to further his career.

Joni had a fling with Warren Beatty. Her song "Help Me" is about him: "you love your lovin', but not like you love your freedom."

Linda Ronstadt's great love was supposedly J.D. Souther. He was a heartbreaker; he crushed Judy Sill when he left her for Ronstadt. He also screwed around with Stevie Nicks. But Linda never wanted for male companionship. A list of some of her "boyfriends": Jackson Browne, assorted members of the Eagles, Albert Brooks, Brett Hudson, Jim Carrey, Bill Murray, Jerry Browne, Mick Jagger, George Lucas.

Carole King wasn't considered "ugly" by most men. Her first husband Gerry Goffin was quite handsome. Another husband of hers, Charles Larkey, was cute as hell. Her husbands were all hunky men.

by Anonymousreply 1908/24/2013

I doubt Henley and Frey screwed around with each other or even with other guys. The Eagles were just too bland and boring both personally and musically; they also had a kind of fratboy, jockish public image that I'm sure they lived up to privately. They passed around a lot of female groupies in their heyday.

Henley loved the very young girls too. The younger the better, in multiples.

by Anonymousreply 2108/24/2013

[quote]Carole King wasn't considered "ugly" by most men. Her first husband Gerry Goffin was quite handsome. Another husband of hers, Charles Larkey, was cute as hell. Her husbands were all hunky men.

Carole was no Carly Simon looks-wise.

And all the hunky guys she got with after her husband was after she had $$$, which they gladly spent. I read Carole's autobiography. She comes across as very nice, but a very needy mess. She liked her men young and poor.

by Anonymousreply 2208/24/2013

Didn't Grace Slick also get around quite a bit back then?

by Anonymousreply 2308/24/2013

[quote]The only person who resorted to suicide because of Jackson Browne was his late wife Phyllis.

You don't know what you are talking about. Yes, Joni, obviously, didn't succeed, but she did try.

by Anonymousreply 2408/24/2013

Did Grace like the pole and the hole?

by Anonymousreply 2508/24/2013

Grace was strictly dickly. And she liked a lot of it!

IMHO, Grace was the best-looking of all the rock chicks back then. Even Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 2608/24/2013

"You don't know what you are talking about. Yes, Joni, obviously, didn't succeed, but she did try."

I think you're full of shit. Joni Mitchell attempting suicide over JACKSON BROWNE? That's pretty damn unlikely. After Mitchell wrote that blistering song about his wife's suicide, Browne was plenty mad. Your "Joni Mitchell tried to commit suicide over Jackson Browne" claim sounds like something Browne's camp made up to make it seem like Mitchell was just retaliating for being dumped by Browne. But that's a load of crap. Everybody knows Jackson Browne is an asshole who treated women badly. He beat the shit out of Daryl Hannah; he's a creep.

by Anonymousreply 2708/24/2013

`Blistering song`. MARY!

by Anonymousreply 2908/24/2013

R29 - Sara was about Stevie's friend Sara Recor and the love triangle they had with Mick Fleetwood. No Eagle was involved.

by Anonymousreply 3008/24/2013

Stevie on Joe Walsh:

And who has been the greatest love of her life?

'My great, great love was Joe Walsh.'

Joe Walsh? Of the Eagles? I struggle to keep the note of surprise out of my voice.

'It's crazy, isn't it?'

I am no expert on Nicks's romantic adventures, but I've done my research. Her affairs with Buckingham, Fleetwood, Don Henley, the record executive Jimmy Iovine - all are well chronicled. But nowhere have I found a single reference to Joe Walsh.

'1983 to 1986,' Nicks says crisply. 'I don't know - why do you love somebody? Why do you love them so much that when they walk in the room your heart jumps out of your chest? I don't know. But I fell in love with Joe at first sight from across the room, in the bar at the Mansions Hotel in Dallas. I looked at him and I walked across the room and I sat on the bar stool next to him, and two seconds later I crawled into his lap, and that was it.

'We were probably the perfect, complete, crazy pair. He was the one that I would have married, and that I would probably have changed my life around for…' She pauses. 'A little bit. Not a lot. But he wouldn't have changed his life either.'

The reason they broke up, she says, is that they were both 'really seriously drug addicts. We were a couple on the way to hell.'

The relationship finally ended when Walsh got on a plane and went to Australia 'to get away from me, basically. He thought - or so I'm told by my friends that Joe told - that one of us was going to die, and the other person would not be able to save them. And I did think I was going to die, absolutely. It took me a long, long time to get over it - if I ever got over it. Because there was no other man in the world for me. And it's the same today, even though Joe is married and has two sons. He met somebody in rehab and got married. And I think he's happy.'

by Anonymousreply 3208/24/2013

Joni was quite the cum dumpster in the 70s, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 3308/24/2013

[quote]I think you're full of shit. Joni Mitchell attempting suicide over JACKSON BROWNE? That's pretty damn unlikely.

So what really happened is based not on history, but on what you have a hunch sounds *likely* to have occurred?

Kindly stop talking out of your ass. Your opinion about the likelihood of something happening is irrelevant in the face of known facts.

by Anonymousreply 3408/24/2013

r30 Don Henley did in fact state in an interview in the early 90s that he believed the song Sara was about the alleged child of his and Stevie's that Stevie aborted. That's where that idea originated.

Of course he later apologized for several of the things he said in that interview given that he was likely drunk and high as a kite when he gave it.

by Anonymousreply 3508/24/2013

That interview is so sad.

by Anonymousreply 3608/24/2013

Nothing Stevie Nicks says should be taken even 75% seriously. Fifty percent seriously, perhaps, depending on her measure of sobriety but certainly not more than 75%.

by Anonymousreply 3708/24/2013

In Rob Lowe's autobiography, he says he met a young, pre-Hollywood Darryl Hannah at a party in Chicago one night circa 1981.

He said he tried to hook up with her, but she declined saying she was going to save herself for her true love, Jackson Browne.

And at this point, Darryl hadn't even moved to Hollywood yet and hadn't even met Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 3808/24/2013

"Kindly stop talking out of your ass. Your opinion about the likelihood of something happening is irrelevant in the face of known facts.'

Kindly shut the fuck up. Why should anybody listen to the likes of you? Well, the facts are that his wife committed suicide due to his bad treatment of her. And his girlfriend Daryl Hannah got beaten up by him. And you just kind of want people to take your word for it that Joni Mitchell was driven to attempt suicide due to her infatuation with him.

What "known facts" are you referring to? I don't think there are any. I think you're just a dimwit Jackson Browne fangurl. I know that after Joni Mitchell's song about him his fans got VERY upset. I'm sure that speading lies about Joni Mitchell was their way of retaliating. Because that shit about her attempting suicide over him IS a lie. No truth to it whatsoever. It's total, total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3908/24/2013

No one has fucked the Eagles more than me.

by Anonymousreply 4008/24/2013

Call me crazy but I never believed Jackson hit Daryl

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2013

Love this thread! Keep it coming! How about: Valerie Carter? Dan Fogelberg (my fave)? Nicolette Larson? Rosemary Butler?

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

While we're at it, what about Melanie?

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

Both Stevie and Linda always gave off a gay vibe IMO. They both seemed to be juggling BFs mostly for PR reasons. That stevie interview about Joe Walsh just sounds like spin, in service of the stevie mystique. She always seemed like a woman oriented woman. Linda famously dating Jerry Brown seemed like a mutual bearding arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

What about Linda Rondstadt and Aaron Neville? She said something in the 80's about being 'the original checkerboard chick."

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2013

r41. yes. i'll call you crazy.

jackson browne beat darryl hannah.

read her uncle, the cinematographer, haskell wexler's account of visiting darryl in the hospital after jackson browne pounded her.

wexler took photos of her damaged face.

In 1993, shortly after the incident, Daryl Hannah's uncle, cinematographer Haskell Wexler, had a letter published in US magazine. _ "I am Haskell Wexler, Daryl Hannah's uncle. I am, also, a longtime friend of Jackson Browne and admirer of his artistry. I am no longer his friend. Jackson beat Daryl in September 1992. I was with her in the hospital, I saw the ugly black bruises on her eye and chin and on her ribs. The examining doctor reported she had blood in her urine. The doctor was shocked by the severity and noted Daryl as "a badly battered woman." I photographed her at the hospital. It could be that nobody cares about objective truth anymore. Jackson is a "good guy," and good guys don't beat women. Yes, it is hard to listen to Jackson and believe he has a hidden side of violence. I saw the results of the last violent attack on my niece, and there is no spin of fancy which will erase my shock and disdain for someone who would beat her up. Haskell Wexler, Santa Monica, CA"

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2013

jackson browne. art garfunkle. bob dylan.

men who beat women.

by Anonymousreply 4708/24/2013

typo correction: art garfunkel.

laurie bird's suicide.

did he drive her to it or not?

by Anonymousreply 4808/24/2013

I hardly think so, R44. Both Stevie and Linda got as much dick as Joni Mitchell. Stevie, in particular, fucked nearly every man she was ever in a recording studio with.

by Anonymousreply 4908/25/2013

Joni got Warren Beatty too - there are photos of them together in those groovy laidback LA 70s, plus Jack Nicholson and others. Pussyhound Ryan O'Neal must have found his way to her door too ...

She was with Jackson Brown for a while in early 70s, they were together when I met her in London in 1972 (as I have mentioned here before). He was supporting her on her 1972 tour, I am not sure if he hit her but they must have had a serious disagreement ....

by Anonymousreply 5008/25/2013

Joni would never attempt suicide over any man. She fucked them and moved on to the next one, just like men did.

What about Randy Meisner - the pretty one of The Eagles (who wrote and sang "Take it to the limit", theres a terrific version on a solo album of his I had). He must have had all the chicks too - though (like David Crosby) he looks a fright now (as per that recent Eagles documentary, where Henley and Frey claim they WERE the Eagles and the others just hired hands). David Geffen certainly fucked them over, as apparantly he did with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 5108/25/2013

How did Geffen fuck them over ? I don't remember them being on his label.

by Anonymousreply 5208/26/2013

Sorry for the threadjack, but speaking of that documentary, R51, how funny was the fight between Don Felder and Glenn Frey over the former being a touch sarcastic to Alan Cranston?

The audio of their fight from their last concert in 1980 was priceless. Glenn Frey's (presumably drug-fueled) reaction to it was so comically out of proportion (You can't wait to get off stage so that you can kill him? Really? Over a remark to ALAN CRANSTON?). The snapshots of Felder getting into a car and being chased by Frey had me rolling.

What's amazing though is that Frey is STILL pissed about the whole thing and clearly thinks his response was reasonable. He seemed to think he was really putting it to Felder when he described how Felder smashed his cheapest guitar after the show rather than his most expensive. It just made Frey sound crazy.

I'm not a fan if The Eagles, but watching the documentary was worth it just for that segment.

by Anonymousreply 5308/26/2013

Yes indeed r53, Henley and Frey made it clear that the band was their baby, and they could hire or fire the others. Meisner didnt last long, hilarious too the guys trying to get him to go on and do "Take it to the Limit" as their encore when Meisner just didn't want to it any more - so he had to go too.

Geffen ended up suing them for millions of dollars, I think Henley was foolish enough to sign up as a solo with him.

Of course that 70s rock scene was awash with drugs, the surprising thing is that they managed to survive it and reform, but there were millions of dollars still to be earned.

The documentary also showed Joni and Linda as part of that set ... so no doubt lots of extra-curricular activity was going on ...

by Anonymousreply 5408/26/2013

[quote]Carly Simon also slept with Beatty ("You're So Vain" is about him, though she denies it). He passed her on to Jack Nicholson to fuck. She said the way those two passed her around she "felt like a piece of meat."

Didn't Carly Simon have any self esteem? WTF was wrong with some of these women?

When she was still with James Taylor, I used to see Carly around NYC all the time, they lived near the school I attended. I remember seeing her when she was pregnant.

You don't get passed around like a "piece of meat", unless you are a hooker living under the rule of a brutal pimp.

Seriously, any woman who states she was passed on to an ex lover's friend, sounds like a fucking braindead moron. Unless Beatty had a gun to Carly Simon's's head, forcing her to fuck Jack Nicholson, who can believe this shit. Lots of famous people say a lot of nonsense in interviews.

Carly must have been coked to the gills to be passed around! Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 5508/26/2013

r54, Henley and Frey are delusional if they think that they alone are responsible for the ultimate success of the band.

What pushed them into legendary rock status, above a glorified country band was three words: Joe Fucking Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 5608/26/2013

Well the documentary, released last year, is a fascinating study of the band's evolution and changing members and all those fallouts, and of course lots of hair and denim ! but Heney and Frey both with giant egos seemed to own it. The others didnt get much of a look-in.

Carly of course was a rich chick, but it must have pleased Joni's ego that as a Canadian from the wilds of Alberta and Saskatoon who had polio as a child, that she got to hang out with Warren and Jack and be part of the LA high life, high on the canyons.

by Anonymousreply 5708/26/2013

You don't like Stevie, r37? What's wrong with you? What kind of thing is that to say?

by Anonymousreply 5808/26/2013

Spot on r56.

Yet they still treat Joe like a hired hand as well. A very well paid hired hand, but still.

by Anonymousreply 5908/26/2013

Stevie fucked JD Souter too, he was an 'unofficial' Eagle, the equivalent to Nicky Hopkins relationship to The Stones. Very present, very closely identified, never actually a member.

by Anonymousreply 6008/26/2013

I've always like the Eagles - not a huge fan, but I enjoy some of their music - and was surprised how much I enjoyed the documentary. Henley came off as kind of a philosopher and "I want to just focus on the music" kind of guy. I didn't get an arrogant vibe from him, but Frey on the other hand...he was definitely the Alpha and probably a bit of a bully. His career as a solo artist wasn't nearly as successful as Henley's, but he sure thought it was.

Does anyone know more about Don Felder? He was the really beautiful one in that band - back then as well as today. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 6111/17/2013

Does anybody remember that crazy SNL skit in which Ben Stiller got raped by Glenn Frey? It was like a retro-parody of Glenn Frey's cheesetastic solo hits like "The Heat Is On" that devolved into a Deliverance-style rape scene. Sort of outrageous and unsettling. Like Ben wanted to act it out or something. So maybe we should could Ben?

by Anonymousreply 6211/17/2013

Don Felder wrote a book, R61.

by Anonymousreply 6311/17/2013

Straightest thread on DL!

by Anonymousreply 6411/17/2013

Almost, R64. Almost.

There was a thread running around earlier today entitled "Have You Ever Fucked a Woman?"

by Anonymousreply 6511/17/2013

Riley Cooper is easily in third place regarding this little contest!

by Anonymousreply 6611/17/2013

Ronstadt has munched some box as well

by Anonymousreply 6711/17/2013

I have wondered about that, too, R67. I'm one of her biggest fans, and it would indeed be pleasant news to hear Linda is gay.

by Anonymousreply 6811/17/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 6911/17/2013

[all posts by tedious, racist idiot removed.]

by Anonymousreply 7011/17/2013

Both women prefer women, and were it not for copious amounts of blow, I doubt that Stevie would have ever hooked up with any of the Eagles(or Lindsay for that matter.)

by Anonymousreply 7111/17/2013

r60, it's JD Souther

by Anonymousreply 7211/17/2013

R70 meet drugs. Drugs meet R70.

by Anonymousreply 7311/17/2013

Michael Vick has fucked more Eagles than either of the women.

by Anonymousreply 7411/18/2013

I thought that Stevie Nicks was a lesbian and that the song 'Sara' is about one of the women she had a crush on.

by Anonymousreply 7511/18/2013

swf has reason to be bitter about some big men in Rock and Roll, but not in the seventies, and not in California. She does know her drugs though.

She is wrong about Stevie Nicks. Not about the blow.

by Anonymousreply 7611/18/2013

R71 Who the hell is Juli? That is not my name, and if it were I likely would not respond. I'm going to assume that you are the same tool who was butt hurt by my assessment of Janice Dickinson. I stand by my first statement that she was considered interesting looking in the early 1980's.

I find MANY women to be gorgeous! And I say so frequently on this very site.

Are you a part of "Team Janice"? If so, you might try an intervention. I just saw some recent photos of her following her most recent surgeries, and frankly she has gone from

"interesting" to freakish a la the Cat Lady. Sad indeed. Oh, and would you be so helpful as to let me know the full name of "Juli"? I am curious as to whether I know or have even heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 7711/19/2013

What is your damage? I find it interesting that you would remember so small a slight as someone disagreeing with you over Janice Dickinson. I was one of many btw. You are thin skinned for a woman of your history.

I don't have any feeling for models, but know who I think WAS beautiful. Your name is all over the gossip thread here, and I only repeat what others have told me about your name and history. You did leave many droppings, between deliveries.

I was recovering from a surgery in 2013 and then another and so was here on DL alot. My bf was on the road. I had never been here before. I am in the music and entertainment business. I have a great memory, pretty fine smarts and enjoy a good argument about the merits of art and artists and drugs and culture and the colour of the sky. You obviously do too. You did seem to put down beautiful or talented women in the music industry, and you are lying about Nicks. It seems a bit of pathological and substance induced jealousy. Can happen to anyone. I have posted things out here I regret.

If you want to know who Juli is, then check the many threads that have named you as the wife of the boss. It seemed to add up. I know that chick from her time in Toronto and through other sources. If I am wrong, then you should say so. But I ain't no team Janice or team Stevie or team Angie frilly boy. Don't reduce a strong fine man still in the game. The eighties have passed as I am sometimes reminded. I am a bit younger than you but we both started out young...

You have many observations, some based on personal experience, others based on your intellectual deductions and interests and spare time. I am no different. Don't minimize me, don't fuck with me over petty things, and don't lie about people you don't know. You are considered a good source of gossip, and you weave your crystal visions. Who am I to question you? I don't let lies go by about people and times that I KNOW. Get it? I kind of enjoyed you until you went ballistic about Janice Dickinson being beautiful when she was young. Still upset by that? Read the full thread on the best gossip on DL and you will see that I defended you. Others claim to know you well as Julianne Phillips.

I think I have answered your questions. Only your dealer is further from a cat lady than I. You are now informed and corrected. Ciao.

by Anonymousreply 7811/19/2013

Nigga please. I remember you because you started a burn thread which hurt my feelings very much...which was your intent.

I have gotten so much positive feedback from other DL contributors, so I won't allow you to drive me away again. I am not Juli, and I don not know who Juli is. You have the wrong band dude.

To me beautiful is the chick in the Blurred lines video. GORGEOUS! Janice was very attractive and even stunning, but I am telling you that at that time even her bookers knew she was not mainstream in any fashion. She had no major campaigns.

I have no desire to continue this back and forth crap either, so this will be it for me on the subject. You can continue to call me Juli if you choose, but the only Julie I know who was married to a lead singer in an old school band is Julie Lamm, and I am not she.

by Anonymousreply 7911/19/2013

Baby girl, I did not start that thread. I was shocked to see it. I thought it was not kosher at all. I am not even a member.

You can say nigga please, but you know that is something else talking and you best be careful. You are feeling fine I trust.

Repeat. I did not start that thread. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 8011/19/2013

OK, done and done.

by Anonymousreply 8111/19/2013

STFU, cunts! Go change your tampons, we don't care about you.

Back to the Eagles...

by Anonymousreply 8211/19/2013

More please!!

by Anonymousreply 8305/15/2014

WTF is a checkerboard dick?

by Anonymousreply 8408/28/2014

Then there was Valerie Carter from that gang of ladies. Though not as famous as them, she was there. A back-up singer; one of the best. She had two solo albums around that time.

There was something about her and Jackson Browne, James Taylor, and Lowell George back then.

Now she's a recovering meth-head. She's very ill.

by Anonymousreply 8508/29/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!