Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wait.. Eric Clapton ADMITTED he raped his wife?

Since when?

Interesting discussion about it here. I was never aware of this. Any Clapton fans here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 6307/27/2013

Stories of Clapton treating his women like crap have been around for a long time, but I too was a bit surprised the first time I heard them. He comes across as a gentleman.

Here's another not-so-nice account of Clapton by the ex who's the mother of his young son who died. He seems pretty dark-sided, prone to addiction & depression. I believe his father was a Canadian soldier who abandoned his mother after knocking her up while stationed in England.

Maybe he's now mellowed with age? I think he's got a pile of young daughters now.

by Anonymousreply 208/30/2012

The Amazon commenter links to an article in which Clapton admits "abuse," not rape. And we don't even know if he means physical abuse or emotional abuse (not that either is acceptable).

by Anonymousreply 308/30/2012

R1 if you think only a repub would think you can't rape your wife you would be sadly mistaken. I'm never shocked by what comes out of ANYONE'S mouth anymore. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 408/30/2012

Oh yea, this guy a huge racist too.

by Anonymousreply 508/30/2012

So weird that she left George Harrison for Eric. Was George getting too religious for her?

by Anonymousreply 608/30/2012

Not racist.

by Anonymousreply 708/30/2012

Yes, racist, R7. See link.

by Anonymousreply 908/31/2012

r9 - If you read to the end of that section, it's not clear at all that he's racist.

by Anonymousreply 1008/31/2012

Didn't he eventually repudiate the NF?

by Anonymousreply 1108/31/2012

Wow R9. He's just horrible on all fronts.

by Anonymousreply 1208/31/2012

R10, the end of that section makes it pretty clear that he's one those guys that thinks his own special brand of racism isn't the same kind as the "real" racists.

by Anonymousreply 1308/31/2012

It wasn't rape rape though.

by Anonymousreply 1408/31/2012

And according to Eric, it's not quite racism racism either.

by Anonymousreply 1508/31/2012

"So weird that she left George Harrison for Eric. Was George getting too religious for her?"

By all accounts Harrison was a thoughtless and unfaithful husband, expecting her to stay home while he worked, partied, traveled, and fucked around. With the trendy religiosity on top of all that, of course she left.

The romantic in me had always hoped she was happier with Clapton, but oh well.

by Anonymousreply 1608/31/2012

[quote]"So weird that she left George Harrison for Eric. Was George getting too religious for her?"

If you like reading these kinds of books Pattie's autobiog is very good. It had very mixed reviews so I avoided it for a long time, but actually, it was very good and honest.

by Anonymousreply 1808/31/2012

Eric and Georgie Boy wanted babies, which Pattie Boyd couldn't give them. So the hip London model was pretty much abandoned by both of them. Beauty can only take you so far with men.

Those guys both acted like monsters behind the scenes. I guess as fans of their music we have to ignore their personal lives, otherwise we'd hate so many musicians.

Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and the rest of Zeppelin were also monsters, they were horrible to groupies while on the road and were all cheating on their wives and girlfriends back in the UK, yet Zeppelin were one of the best rock bands around.

Clapton particularly annoys me, doesn't he have a wife who is much younger than one of his oldest children? Or am I thinking of Rod Stewart? And also Jimmy Page, who was married to a young American woman of Argentenian descent, who was much younger than his oldest daughter Scarlet. Ewww.

But when people see Susan Sarandon with her much younger boyfriend, they get grossed out. The double standard is alive and well!

We have to remove ourselves from caring too much about celebrities personal lives.

by Anonymousreply 1908/31/2012

Lennon tried to get it on with Patti, too, but I think she turned him down. And of course George fucked Ringo's wife, Maureen. I wonder if paul or Ringo ever tried to put the moves on another Beatles' wife. I know Paul was supportive of Cynthia after the divorce, but did those 2 ever...? I kinda hope they did. Lennon is my favorite songwriter, but he sure was an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2008/31/2012

Clapton likes black music, but he doesn't want black people living next door to him.

by Anonymousreply 2108/31/2012

[quote]Lennon is my favorite songwriter, but he sure was an asshole.

I've always thought it was funny that he lectured everyone to "give peace a chance" and yet he couldn't even make peace with Paul.

by Anonymousreply 2208/31/2012

I like his music, but I don't think I'd like him. I read his autobiography and he seems very full of himself, and not too bright either.

by Anonymousreply 2308/31/2012

George Harrison's son Dhani is married to a model. Dhani is also a musician.

What's with these rockers and models? There are attractive women who work in fields which have nothing to do with modeling or acting, but inevitably these musicians always seem to date and marry 'models' or 'actresses'.

Speaking of rockers, I saw "Almost Famous" again on cable this past week, as I watching it, I was wondering how can Kate Hudson have such diverse taste in men? I guess she IS a big slut? She fucks anyone who will have her?

I am not a big fan, but I am aware of who she's been fucking over the years. Usually people tastes inn certain physical types remain the same. Kate's tastes seem to be all over the map!

Kate went from skinny rocker The Black Crowe's singer Chris Robinson to an ultra annoying, conceited, IMHO, fug baseball player, Alex Rodriguez. These two guys couldn't be anymore different. IIRC, Kate is now with yet another rocker, this time a Brit. Unless that's also over at this point?

What's her deal? Bad taste? Perpetually horny, can't live without a man? Really needs to have someone around?

by Anonymousreply 2409/01/2012

Dating three men is slutty? Or dating outside of a type is slutty?

by Anonymousreply 2509/01/2012

Heard Clapton's Enoch Powell harangue online and it was not only hair-raisingly racist, it was incredibly LONG. Not a few offhand remarks as I had thought, but a lengthy poisonous rant and no one had the guts to tell him to stop. Kinda like Mr Eastwood the other night, only much more foul and hateful.

Clapton has been cruel to the women in his life. His autobiography is weirdly cold and affectless. Strange guy unembarrassed about making other people very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 2609/01/2012

[quote]What's her deal? Bad taste? Perpetually horny, can't live without a man? Really needs to have someone around?

She needs to be with a man whose success impresses her. It's her biggest aphrodisiac. Their looks are down farther on the priority list. Because as soon as they impress her, they turn her on. She's not going to make it with this guy either, most likely.

by Anonymousreply 2709/01/2012

Clapton's a piece of work. Chris O'Dell, who worked for Apple & is Patti's best friend, talks in her book about how cold & nasty he is.

by Anonymousreply 2809/01/2012

[quote] Chris O'Dell, who worked for Apple & is Patti's best friend, talks in her book about how cold & nasty he is.

What book?

by Anonymousreply 2909/01/2012

[quote]The romantic in me had always hoped she was happier with Clapton, but oh well.

Really? George always seemed more romantic to me..

by Anonymousreply 3009/01/2012

[quote]And of course George fucked Ringo's wife, Maureen.

George and Paul remained very good friends after the break up.

by Anonymousreply 3109/01/2012

"Dating three men is slutty? Or dating outside of a type is slutty?"

As I said, I'm not a big fan, according to the rants on DL over the years, Kate Hudson was constantly called a "whore" or a "slut". Readthe old threads about her.

I'm pretty sure Kate has dated and fucked more than three men, don't make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 3209/01/2012

I saw Clapton interviewed on Larry King once and he didn't come across as particularly bright. Also, he's drunk the AA Kool-Aid 100%. You know that friend of yours who got sober and can't stop talking about his program and serenity and becomes the most boring human being on Earth? That's Clapton.

He addressed George and him sharing the same woman and he said that's just how it was back then.

by Anonymousreply 3309/01/2012

R29, the book is "Miss O'Dell". It came out a few years ago. She worked for the Beatles, then as a tour manager for the Stones & Dylan so it's an interesting read if you're into the 60's & 70's music scene.

by Anonymousreply 3409/02/2012

Clapton and Jimmy Page also shared a girlfriend. Those models sure got around back then.

Clapton's former live-in girlfriend, a French model named Charlotte Martin, who can be seen in many candid tour photos with Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker, then moved on to live with Page for many years. They have a daughter who must be in her 40s by now.

Charlotte Martin was close with Pattie Boyd, she might have had a brief fling with George Harrison. IIRC, Charlotte lived with Pattie and George for awhile.

Was their circle really that small? There must have been tons of attractive women who were ready, willing and able to be with these rockers, yet they all seemed to be fucking the same small circle of women!

I remember something about Linda McCartney being on the prowl for a rocker, she initially set her sights on Page, but he wasn't interested.

by Anonymousreply 3509/02/2012

I never knew about Clapton being NF and I am surprised the punks never said anything about it -- they hated rocker hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 3609/02/2012

[quote]Clapton likes black music, but he doesn't want black people living next door to him.

No, he only wants to make money off of their music and offer nothing back to them. Those poor, penniless blues singers he "admires" weren't worthy of benefiting from his unoriginality.

What a vile piece of shit. I wish it was him who fell out of that window.

by Anonymousreply 3709/02/2012

In the Harrison/Scorsese documentary "Living in a Material World" - Olivia Harrison basically admitted that George loved women and flirting and often cheated on her. So he was no prize either.

These guys believe their own PR about being "Gods" and end up treating everyone around them like shit.

by Anonymousreply 3809/02/2012

In reading about this, I came upon this youtube comment:

[quote][Elvis]Costello called James Brown "a jive-ass nigger." Bonnie Bramlett said, 'All right, you son of a bitch, what do you think of Ray Charles?' He said, 'Screw Ray Charles, he's nothing but a blind nigger.' Then Bramblett slapped him.

[quote]The ensuing scene erupted like a bench-clearing but punchless hockey brawl. road manager, Jim Lindersmith, was grabbed by two of Costello's roadies but he threw them to the floor. The spindly Costello then brandished an empty beer bottle but was hurled into a wall.

If this is also true, then I'm glad England is being "overrun."

by Anonymousreply 3909/02/2012

I remember that r39 -- and then the dumb cops arrested Bonnie, and though handcuffed, she kicked out the rear window of the cop car.

Punks liked Bonnie after that.

by Anonymousreply 4009/02/2012

Elvis Costello is a notorious asshole.

As for Clapton and Harrison and their generation, these guys became rock stars when they were still teenagers. There was nothing like that before. The idols of the 50s were completely controlled by their managers and record companies. These guys eventually were able to call their own shots.

They have (or had, as the case may be) no idea what it's like to live a "real" life.

I fond the comments on Amazon about Pattie Boyd so disturbing. I find it hard to believe that's what someone is really thinking, and they're out there walking around.

by Anonymousreply 4109/02/2012

Gawd! Who knew he was such an asshole.

I love "My fathers eyes". I thought he was this man who had yearned to have a child and then tragically that child died. That he felt a double loss because he had never known his own father and was now alone.

But reading those links. Connors mother in particular. He flitted in and out of their lives, and when he was there, he was emotionally abusive. How can you live with someone who doesnt talk to you for weeks???? Doesnt let you leave the house, bring home friends, take phone calls. Its a fucking prison.

And then the racism....GOOD GOD! I went to a concert in the late nineties and more than three quarters of the people on stage were black! Back up singers, the band.

Wanna bet that he was fucking at least 2 of those women....because if theres one thing you can count on, its bigots fucking the target of their hate!

by Anonymousreply 4209/02/2012

I have been a loyal Bonnie Bramblett fan since hearing that Elivs Costello story decades ago. I loved her on "Roseanne" as the waitress.

I wonder how his wife Diana Krall feels about her husband's disparaging words about the originators of the music that she supposedly plays.

by Anonymousreply 4309/02/2012

[quote]I wonder how his wife Diana Krall feels about her husband's disparaging words about the originators of the music that she supposedly plays.

Hard to respect someone who would fuck that guy. I used to like her. Not so much now.

by Anonymousreply 4409/02/2012

If a guinea pig could sing and play guitar, it would sound like Eric Clapton.

by Anonymousreply 4509/02/2012

Up until fairly recently it was perfectly legal to rape your wife in the U.S. Not sure about the U.K.

In the classic rock era musicians were constantly touring, so it was more or less impossible for them to have normal long-term relationships. Any woman with her wits about her would realize this was not a good deal for her and she'd be better off with a more respectable man in a more stable line of work. Eric wooed Patti by threatening to take heroin if she didn't sleep with him. What does that tell you about her judgment?

by Anonymousreply 4609/02/2012

[quote] By all accounts Harrison was a thoughtless and unfaithful husband, expecting her to stay home while he worked, partied, traveled, and fucked around.

He didn't even bother traveling to fuck around. he fucked around in their house with one of her best friends while she was home. George deserved Patty leaving him. That's why he remained friends with them (patty and eric) for the rest of his life. He knew her leaving was his own fault. He treated her like dirt. And Eric treated her worse

Eric admitted raping Patty. He said he used to think he could just take what ever he wanted and that included forcing himself on his wife any time he wanted. In his book he wrote how their marriage was a disaster (he had a bastard kid) and he went on to say he finally realized their marriage was over when she became physically repulsed (his exact quote) by sex with him. Raping someone will have that effect

[quote] And of course George fucked Ringo's wife, Maureen

That's only half of it. He fell in love with her. He called up Ringo and arranged a meeting at one of their houses and told him, "I'm in love with your wife". Ringo said, "Thank goodness it's you and not someone we don't know". Ringo had been cheating on Maureen for a very, very long time. She never wanted to divorce him. Even when he left her and moved to America to live with another woman.

by Anonymousreply 4709/02/2012

IIRC, the Costello incident involved him being very drunk. Costello was an alcoholic for years, which probably also explains him being involved with batshit crazy groupie Bebe Buell while he was married to his first wife.

He seemed to finally get his act together when he married the female bass player from The Pogues, whose name escapes me, Cat something.

Considering Costello's love of black music it's hard to believe he's a racist. Besides being drunk, he most likely also said those things to Bonnie Bramlett to garner press.

Elvis Costello wasn't exactly a household name when he first toured here. I also remember the incident when he decided to stop performing a song then went into another song on SNL, Lorne Michaels went ballistic.

When the incident with Bonnie Bramlett occurred this was around the time Costello was doing his 'angry young man' and punky personas. I think he's since apologized for that incident.

btw, Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett introduced Clapton to heroin, this was when they toured together in the early 70s.

by Anonymousreply 4809/02/2012

[quote]his 'angry young man' and punky personas.

Posing

by Anonymousreply 4909/02/2012

[quote]George Harrison's son Dhani is married to a model

He married a psychologist who modeled when she was a teenager

[quote] These guys believe their own PR about being "Gods" and end up treating everyone around them like shit.

They do and sadly most of them end up treating their wives, children and family members like shit.

My parents used to own a house down the street from Eric's country house. They've known him a very long time. They aren't close friends but they are friends. Clapton actually had two illegitimate children while he was married to Pattie. Everyone knows all about his late son, but he also had a daughter Ruth that was born a year and a half BEFORE his son. She was a result of a year long secret affair he had during his marriage. He didn't see her for the first few years of her life (but he did support her - so the mother wouldn't go public) and he kept her existence a secret from his wife, family, close friends and the public until many years after his divorce. It wasn't until after his son died that he changed his mind and decided he wanted to have a relationship with his daughter. That's when he decided to admit it to family and friends

These days he has gotten religious, right wing and is very, very sober (a dry drunk). Not really pleasant

by Anonymousreply 5009/03/2012

Did Clapton and Mick Jagger SHARE Carla Bruni or did he just dump/cheat on Clapton to get with Jagger?

by Anonymousreply 5109/03/2012

[quote] Eric wooed Patti by threatening to take heroin if she didn't sleep with him. What does that tell you about her judgment?

You don't know what you are talking about. She had excellent judgement regarding this. She didn't give in to him or sleep with him. She turned him down flat. Giving her this ultimatum had the opposite effect. She thought he was pathetic and was angry and disappointed that he would do this to her that she cut off all contact with him for the next two years. That tells me her judgement was fine.

This is all in his autobiography (you can read it for free on google books) along with the fact that Eric threat to start using heroin was all a big fat lie. He wasn't going to start using heroin. He was already addicted to it and had secretly been using it for at least a year

When she told him she didn't want to see him anymore he was devastated and grew extremely depressed and ended up holing up at his estate with a very young girl named Alice for the next 2 yrs. Alice was barely legal and had been underage when they started dating. During these two years the two of them did nothing but shoot heroin, use drugs and drink all day and night. He would occasionally leave his house and help other musicians out on some of their projects. He also appeared at a few benefit concerts, but for the most part he just hid out at his house with Alice and used drugs. During that time he wouldn't open his front gate, answer his door and hardly ever took phone calls from friends or family. Eric and Alice were both lucky they didn't die during that time. Alice's wealthy, well connected family pressured them for a long time to get some help. When they finally did get help, Eric dumped Alice and started to contact Pattie (whose marriage was now in big trouble and all but over). Alice was devastated and never got over it. She continued to use drugs and hit rock bottom. She lived on the streets for a while and did a lot of desperate things for drugs/money. She went to a lot of drug treatment programs during the next ten years, but She eventually ended up overdosing in some grubby bedsit (rented room)

by Anonymousreply 5209/03/2012

Alice would be: Alice Magdalen Sarah Ormsby Gore (22 April 1952 - 17 April 1995) was a British socialite.

She was the youngest daughter of William David Ormsby-Gore, 5th Baron Harlech and his first wife Sylvia Thomas. She became engaged to guitarist Eric Clapton but never married. She died of a heroin overdose in 1995.

I remember this photo of them, while in art school a friend did a painting of it as a gift for a big Clapton fan. I still have a smaller pencil sketch my friend initially did of this photo.

by Anonymousreply 5309/03/2012

btw, that was pretty long time to be devastated over a rocker she dated in the 1970s, Alice Ormsby-Gore died in 1995!

Clapton hardly seems worth it. To me, he's always come across as a very bitter, not very bright, self absorbed individual. I guess those are great attributes for a rock musician!

by Anonymousreply 5409/03/2012

Fashion muse Amanda Harlech, who has worked with John Galliano and Karl Lagerfeld, married Alice Ormsby-Gore's brother, Francis. They are divorced.

by Anonymousreply 5509/05/2012

Does anyone remember him talking about when his baby son fell out of his high rise apt. Window? I think it was Sixty Minutes?

He said he'd gone to the bodega for smokes(?),and when he was walking back he saw the crowd of people crowding around his dead child,and he turned around and walked away.

He said his shame with himself,caused him to write the song "Tears In Heaven".

by Anonymousreply 5707/25/2013

*BUMP!

by Anonymousreply 5807/27/2013

R5 A friend of mine(who is black) knows Eric and he's not a racist. I love it when someone just spouts some idle bullshit and expect people to eat it up.

by Anonymousreply 5907/27/2013

My sister was something of a groupie back in the day but stayed away from Led Zeppelin and a few other choice assholes.

In so many words, she said that a girl could end up dead if she parties with these types.

So who was the nicest, most respectful rock musician to sleep with?

Well, hold on to your hats, DL:

Ted Nugent!

by Anonymousreply 6007/27/2013

Paul McCartney was ok too...wasn't he?

by Anonymousreply 6107/27/2013

BITCHES DATALOUNGERS

by Anonymousreply 6207/27/2013

Are we really debating the drug-addled ramblings of a famously hardcore addict?

by Anonymousreply 6307/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.