Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

LINDA RONSTADT HATE THREAD

I really hate that old bitch, stealing from Dolly like that! What else do you HATE about LINDA RONSTADT?

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2018 11:44 PM

She gave Jackie O cancer!

by Anonymousreply 1October 9, 2015 7:05 AM

She kicked my daughter in the vagina bone!

by Anonymousreply 2October 9, 2015 7:08 AM

She bullied all those blue hairs in Vegas to hurl their cocktails onto the stage and rip the bunting off the walls when she refused to honor their request to yodel 'God Bless the USA'

by Anonymousreply 3October 9, 2015 7:14 AM

She re-recorded the damned theme song EVERY season, and also insisted she had to sing in several episodes, stealing precious screen time from Vic Tayback.

by Anonymousreply 4October 9, 2015 7:27 AM

R4: oh, my...

by Anonymousreply 5October 9, 2015 7:30 AM

In her day, she blew everyone else out of the water.

Madonna and Gaga could only dream of having her looks and voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 9, 2015 7:35 AM

She turned me into a newt!

by Anonymousreply 7October 9, 2015 7:48 AM

Does anyone remember an uncomfortable episode on the Tonight Show in the late 80s or early 90s. Linda sang and then sat down on the couch next to Robin Quivers of the Howard Stern show.

Linda started a confrontation with Robin, saying her show was degrading to women, and questioned how she could be a part of it.

I actually miss these days when things would go off script and every word was not preplanned by PR teams.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 9, 2015 9:26 AM

She puts tabasco on her Po' Boys!

by Anonymousreply 9October 9, 2015 12:19 PM

R6 Madonna and Gaga would need to stand on a ladder to kiss Linda Ronstadt's ass.

by Anonymousreply 10October 9, 2015 12:36 PM

[quote][R4]: oh, my...

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 11October 9, 2015 12:52 PM

Best singer ever.

by Anonymousreply 12October 9, 2015 1:14 PM

She's A-DOOR-A-BULL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 9, 2015 1:17 PM

She's to fat for polkadots.

by Anonymousreply 14October 9, 2015 1:20 PM

She's not as bad as Zola Budd.

by Anonymousreply 15October 9, 2015 1:40 PM

I hate that she got ill.

I hate that she can't/won't sing anymore.

by Anonymousreply 16October 9, 2015 1:44 PM

TACOS!

by Anonymousreply 17October 9, 2015 1:50 PM

Did you notice, the fishbone she threw at me had no fat or meat left on it?

by Anonymousreply 18October 9, 2015 1:59 PM

Yeah just like you Carly.

by Anonymousreply 19October 9, 2015 2:01 PM

Hate or not, r6's post reminds me to add her to The Great Celebrity Hair thread.

I also agree with r6 and some others here. She was beautiful and so talented. I'm sorry she has such a debilitating disease as Parkinson's.

by Anonymousreply 20October 9, 2015 2:14 PM

R14, everyone is too fat for polkadots.

by Anonymousreply 21October 9, 2015 2:17 PM

I know that many of my contemporaries had a mad crushes on her. That one album cover with the roller skates…

by Anonymousreply 22October 9, 2015 2:17 PM

Linda got into a huge fight with Dolly when they were recording the Trio II as LInda had booked all of the musicians for the recording session but Dolly kept cancelling due to her busy schedule. They made some barbed comments about each other in interviews during this time.

Linda ended up putting a lot of the songs on her solo album, "Feels Like Home" instead - using another female singer to sing Dolly's parts.

They eventually patched things up enough to finish Trio II (including the songs from the FLH album with Dolly's vocals added) and release it. They also did the interview circuit - with Emmylou of course - to promote the album. But my guess is that there is no love lost between those two.

Emmylou and Linda released an album together years later, sans Dolly - it was one of Linda's last but one of her best, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 23October 9, 2015 2:18 PM

Great info, r23. Now I understand the spit/spat.

by Anonymousreply 24October 9, 2015 2:23 PM

Oh yeah, I remember that, R8 -- Robin was NOT the one. She wasn't having any of it!

by Anonymousreply 25October 9, 2015 2:24 PM

I loved how Robin just made her look like the pompous ass she was....

by Anonymousreply 26October 9, 2015 2:27 PM

R25, it had to do with Howard's talk about Selena after her death. Ronstadt was something of a mentor for Selena. If you'll recall, the Hispanic community was up in arms because Stern essentially made light of her death. He does that with everyone but, to put it in DL-speak, they are not one of his fans. Howard did a rare about face when he went on the air and issued an apology in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 27October 9, 2015 2:29 PM

You're crazy, OP. I love Linda Ronstadt and always will!

by Anonymousreply 28October 9, 2015 2:32 PM

She's a REALLY fat tub of shit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 9, 2015 2:36 PM

[quote]I loved how Robin just made her look like the pompous ass she was....

I disagree. Her "You don't love what we're doing so you are not in a position to talk about it" bullshit was idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 30October 9, 2015 2:41 PM

There was a lot of friction between Linda and Dolly because Linda kept wanting to redo everything and Dolly was all "Girl, we already did that track! Let's move on to the next one and get this thing finished! I've got me some warm snatch waiting in my hotel suite that ain't gonna eat itself!"

by Anonymousreply 31October 9, 2015 2:43 PM

Didn't Dolly make a comment about Linda being kind of low-energy or something? Dolly does strike me as the peppy, always on the move type, while Linda seems more laid-back.

by Anonymousreply 32October 9, 2015 2:53 PM

"I love Linda will all my heart," said Dolly, "but when you're fixing to lay down a track and you have to wait until one of the singers finishes her eighteenth pork chop that morning, things can get testy, y'all!"

by Anonymousreply 33October 9, 2015 3:03 PM

Ronstadt is a goddess......people who attack her for her weight are repulsive. She didnt get fat because she was a pig that loves to eat....she gained weight because of multiple health issues....one of which ended her career. She had the looks, the talent, and the respect of everyone in the business. None of the other bitches in the business have even come close......especially today. Plus, shes one of the rare singers who sound better live than they do on recordings.

by Anonymousreply 34October 9, 2015 3:27 PM

I think she really started the trend of having performers normally associated with the rock era (Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney, among numerous others) record Great American Songbook albums. Hers, with the great Nelson Riddle, was among the first, and also one of the best.

by Anonymousreply 35October 9, 2015 3:36 PM

I will love you for a long, long time, r34.

by Anonymousreply 36October 9, 2015 3:40 PM

....and her career lasted well over 50 years.....and pretty much at the top the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 37October 9, 2015 3:47 PM

Even today, despite the weight gain and her health issues, I think she looks pretty good for 70. She'd look amazing if she were well and able to lose the weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 9, 2015 3:54 PM

[quote]I think she really started the trend of having performers normally associated with the rock era (Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney, among numerous others) record Great American Songbook albums. Hers, with the great Nelson Riddle, was among the first, and also one of the best.

I did it before her, as she well knows.

by Anonymousreply 39October 9, 2015 3:57 PM

r39....actually, Linda did it the year before Carly when she recorded a standards album with Jerry Wexler....It was scrapped by the studio because they didnt like the "sound" and felt it wouldnt sell, but it leaked, so Linda re-recorded it with Nelson Riddle 2 years later......with just about the same song list. ....and to the studios surprise it went NO 1......Its on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 40October 9, 2015 4:08 PM

The Eagles started as Linda's touring band.

by Anonymousreply 41October 9, 2015 5:02 PM

Fried eagles mmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 42October 9, 2015 5:24 PM

Back then singers got no royalties, you needed songwriter cred to have a revenue stream. She said she really has nothing, since she can't sing she has no career, and can't generate ticket sales. They get around that now by giving the singer songwriter 's status. Poor Linda. She truly defined that Southern California vibe. And she still has great hair.

by Anonymousreply 43October 9, 2015 5:44 PM

Linda Ronstadt has been around since the mid-60's......and she didnt retire until a few years ago when her health started to decline. How many "singers" can claim her success in so many different genres ? Rock, Pop, Country, Standards, Broadway, Opera, Literature, Television, etc.....VERY FEW.....and she succeeded at ALL of them ( well, maybe not the Opera....La Boheme was adequate at best). Shes dated the rich and powerful....Jerry Brown, George Lucas, etc....she was/is extremely intelligent and was not politically correct and liked to call people out on their BS....Robin Quivers and Howard Stern, the GOP, etc...shes testified multiple times before congress in support of various issues....Shes won multiple awards..Grammys, Emmys, nominated for Tonys...........she was sexy in an understated way....unlike the over produced, overtly sexualized, auto-tuned divas of today who can barely string 2 sentences together without a cue-card or sounding like idiots. Unlike people like Madonna, Mariah, etc....she didnt try to beat a dead horse to stay relevant while looking like a fool in the process.....she just changed direction and moved forward and maintained her professionalism and dignity while doing so........Im not a fangirl either....Ive met her in a personal setting several times and was very impressed....and the best part about her that people are unaware of, is that shes a "broad" and doesnt suffer fools lightly.

by Anonymousreply 44October 9, 2015 5:48 PM

r43....compared to todays standards.....still, shes not exactly "poor".....shes worth in excess of 100 million.

by Anonymousreply 45October 9, 2015 5:50 PM

This is a hate the fatty thread. Go start a lovefest if you want one. I remember on comedy show doing a parody of her What's New? It was devastatingly funny. Oh well. At least she was thing for that CD cover.

by Anonymousreply 46October 9, 2015 7:27 PM

She has a beautiful voice, but the brought NOTHING to the standards with her bland interpretations. She always sounds bored.

by Anonymousreply 47October 9, 2015 8:15 PM

Who can hate Ronstadt? One of the all time greats.

by Anonymousreply 48October 9, 2015 8:16 PM

I'm just jealous of her for getting to suck Rex Smith's gigantic cock on a regular basis backstage at Pirates of Penzance, when Smith was at the height of his beauty.

by Anonymousreply 49October 9, 2015 8:28 PM

r48....obviously a troll or some millenial that thinks Beyonce is the quintessential vocalist

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2015 8:30 PM

R49 is correct. The woman has enjoyed some first-class celeb SIZEMEAT in her time. She slept with everyone in the 60s, 70s, and 80s: all of the Eagles, some of the Stones, Warren Beatty, Steve Martin, Albert Brooks, Governor Jerry Brown.

At least a few of the above names are packing major sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2015 8:38 PM

Weren't there rumors on here that Linda did some lady loving too?

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2015 8:58 PM

No, those rumors aren't true. And I really tried.

by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2015 9:00 PM

I don't think that Carly liked that Linda's Nelson Riddle albums sold so well and were credited with helping to start a revival or pre rock and roll songs. What's New was such a monster sized hit, and was in the top five for months alongside Michael's Thriller and The Police. Even the title song went to number fifty three on the Hot 100. It completely surpassed her record companies expectations. Carly, however, felt that her Torch album did it much better, in that it gave the standards a modern day approach, whereas Linda was simply doing them as Sinatra or Fitzgerald would have done. Carly made some comments to the press about how Linda didn't do the songs justice, and I think it pissed Linda off. Rickie Lee Jones also made similar comments around the same time and got her ass handed to her by Joni Mitchell (who was a good friend of Linda's in the 70's).

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2015 9:03 PM

ahhh, I see, a Hate the Fatty thread, have fun. I'll go back to the good stuff elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 55October 9, 2015 9:04 PM

OP is still pissed off her name came up in the "Greatest Female Vocalist of All Time" thread

by Anonymousreply 56October 9, 2015 9:10 PM

[quote]Weren't there rumors on here that Linda did some lady loving too?

Nah, just speculation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57October 9, 2015 9:10 PM

I am so jealous she tasted the cocks of Steve Martin & Albert Brooks

by Anonymousreply 58October 9, 2015 9:15 PM

Au contraire, mes amis.

Here's one example.

"My neighbor (female) had sex with Linda Ronstadt. A friend (male) worked in a hotel and Lou Christie came on to him NAKED when he delivered room service. Another friend (male) slept with Fran Tarnkenton."

Course, no idea if it's true or not. But she hasn't been linked with a man in a long time and went the single parent, adoption route. So let's just say it is true for the fun of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 9, 2015 9:26 PM

Is it possible she's worth > $100 mil?

by Anonymousreply 60October 9, 2015 9:36 PM

I love Linda.

by Anonymousreply 61October 9, 2015 9:38 PM

She is worth literally tens of dollars

by Anonymousreply 62October 9, 2015 9:39 PM

[quote] This is a hate the fatty thread

Then let's start with you, Miss R46.

by Anonymousreply 63October 9, 2015 9:41 PM

Muh muh muh, muh muh muh muh muh, muh muh muh,

by Anonymousreply 64October 9, 2015 9:42 PM

Linda's first hit is still one of her best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65October 9, 2015 9:45 PM

She lost me with those tone deaf Motown covers, which were even worse live.

by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2015 9:47 PM

Linda used to roll drunks on skid row for potato salad money

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2015 9:49 PM

R65 Wasn't that one written by Monkee Mike Nesmith?

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2015 10:12 PM

Remember 1977 and we had to hear the wailing out of every radio: "Where those fishing boats, With their sails afloat..."

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2015 10:55 PM

What type of fish would a restaurant serve with the bone?

by Anonymousreply 70October 9, 2015 11:04 PM

I get catfish from my local Thai takeout on the bone

by Anonymousreply 71October 9, 2015 11:06 PM

She played Sun City.

by Anonymousreply 72October 9, 2015 11:21 PM

MORE TACOS POR FAVOR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2015 12:32 AM

Linda never recovered from losing out to Rosie for the lead in 'Riding the Short Bus to my Sister'

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2015 12:51 AM

Stay pressed, haters!

by Anonymousreply 75October 10, 2015 1:16 AM

Her voice was probably most suited to Canciones Para mi Padre. I've always liked her but her over-the-top quality and VERY wide-open tone suited those ranchero songs quite well.

by Anonymousreply 76October 10, 2015 1:46 AM

[quote]Wasn't that one written by Monkee Mike Nesmith?

It was indeed.

That "boy band" actually had talent.

by Anonymousreply 77October 10, 2015 1:48 AM

When the bloat hit, poor Linda took to humming Muzak in the studio and allowing the freight elevator to be the face of the organization...

by Anonymousreply 78October 10, 2015 1:48 AM

Wait...How was this bitch was the #1 female singer of the 70s?

Where are her costumes? Her sets? Her backup dancers?

Her backing tracks and autotune.

We don't get it!

by Anonymousreply 79October 10, 2015 1:57 AM

I hate her hair.

by Anonymousreply 80October 10, 2015 1:59 AM

Stupid cunt thought she could revive her career by leaking a sex tape.

Didn't realize an audio tape wouldn't fit the bill!

by Anonymousreply 81October 10, 2015 2:05 AM

Here it the article where Linda spoke up about her (then) feud with Dolly:

[quote] We got to the point where we had only Dolly's vocals left to record. We had a week left to do them. She canceled again. It cost us another $20,000. It was 20 grand every time we got one of these faxes. Emmy was gone off on the road, and she was grieving terribly because her father had just died. I'd been in there night and day working on it with George Massenburg, and I was exhausted from being up with my new baby. Dolly did her vocals, and we had two mixes left to do. Then she put out her live record right on top of our release schedule, at the beginning of August. She said it was going to sell so good and would help the trio record sell.

[quote] Well, we somehow did not agree with her. And we couldn't get her on the phone. Another week went by. Meantime, we'd run out of money, and out of time. We started dumping her tracks as fast as we could. We had to somehow come up with a finished record. I started replacing her parts, Valerie Carter started replacing her parts. We couldn't get her on the phone. Finally, we had a three-way phone conversation. Emmy and I were in the same room. Dolly said, "How can you do this to me? My schedule is so overwhelming." I said, "Dolly, you've made a choice." She said it was like an act of God, like when you break your leg or something. I said it was an act of Dolly. Emmy said, "Dolly, we can't ever get this time back. You took this time away from us."

[quote] I can't work with her. She didn't represent herself as being reliable. Emmy doesn't want to work with her, because she doesn't feel that she values what we did as much as we did. It was her choice. It was not our choice. That's how that record didn't come out. And Dolly then went in the Ladies Home Journal and called us very unkind names. She was very unkind and uncharitable to both me and Emmy, and I think she owes us both an apology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 10, 2015 3:02 AM

Dolly's take:

[quote] To hear Parton tell it, the sessions could have been titled "The Three Tempers": Parton, who can nail a song "just as good the first time as the hundredth"; Harris, the "sweet" country purist who painstakingly researched material; and Ronstadt, the perfectionist diva who "loves to live in the studio and works so slow, it drives me nuts. I wanted to say, 'Wake up, bitch, I got stuff to do.' "

[quote] True, she says, their glorious harmonies were "like a creative, emotional orgasm." But the thrill was gone once Parton's ever-shifting schedule of business, sitcom and book projects left her unavailable to tour and help promote what would have been a fall release. She "cried and begged" her partners to delay release until this spring, when she promised to promote the record. "They pitched a fit and dumped the greatest project ever. It was a sin and a shame- and a stupid decision- to give that album an abortion. It got into a power play. I was made to feel hurt, insulted, burdened with guilt. I would have lived up to my word, but my word wasn't good enough for them. Finally, I just said, 'The hell with it, sue me.' "

[quote] Indeed, when Parton demanded her vocals be mixed out of the tracks so Ronstadt couldn't use them on another album, she settled financially. Did Trio 2 also cost her in friendship? Parton offers a pouty shrug. "We were never all that close- just girlfriends in the business." Then, picking up with more Dolly-like sass and animation: "I realized we're now just a bunch of old crotchety, cranky women, set in our ways and getting up there 'round fifty, goin' through change-of-life mood swings. You never know a true feeling from a hot flash. I thought, I don't need this. I ain't that old yet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2015 3:04 AM

Interesting R82. Linda has since said that she really regretted that they never got to tour to promote the album and work more deeply on their harmonies, which she felt were superior but not fully realized. Listen to LInda's beautiful overtone notes in the soprano part here to get an idea. She just loved the work more than the fame and Dolly, well she was right because she CAN sing it fine the first time. But Miss Parton is the one who insisted on the lyric change in this song, unforgivable. I felt like getting high....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 10, 2015 3:27 AM

What the hell is the instrument at 2:49

by Anonymousreply 85October 10, 2015 3:39 AM

Is it a theremin?

by Anonymousreply 86October 10, 2015 3:46 AM

Linda was the GREATEST VOICE OF HER GENERATION!!!!

Sorry, CUNTS!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87October 10, 2015 3:52 AM

Wait, are they talking about a follow-up to the Trio album, because that does exist and was a huge success, right? I played it to death. Dolly sounds like the difficult one here. Sure she may be spot on right away, but there is far more to any artist's process than "getting it right". Most artists like to discover layers, and nuance, and make it better than "right", but I suppose you have to discover how people work, and everybody's different.

by Anonymousreply 88October 10, 2015 4:19 AM

Linda literally bit off a pinkie due to her inability to see where the burrito ended and her own meat hook began...

by Anonymousreply 89October 10, 2015 4:41 AM

It was probably so delicious that she's already eaten two more fingers.

by Anonymousreply 90October 10, 2015 4:55 AM

And I did it before YOU, R39, as YOU well know.

by Anonymousreply 91October 10, 2015 5:05 AM

Cute, but in whatever stage of her career, boring as shit. Nice eyes, Different Drum is a good song but she fucked Jerry Brown and was still pleased with herself. She will be missed but, honestly, not THAT much. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 92October 10, 2015 5:13 AM

What R34, R44 and, especially, R87 said. It's that simple.

by Anonymousreply 93October 10, 2015 5:16 AM

Linda (an ironic name if ever there was one) hopes to be a cheap hooker when she finally starts growing up instead of growing out...

by Anonymousreply 94October 10, 2015 5:22 AM

Trisha Yearwood is the only singer to come close to Ronstadt greatness. Country music might not be everyone's thing but Yearwood's voice is spectacular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 10, 2015 5:27 AM

Lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 10, 2015 5:29 AM

AND Mrs. Garth Brooks has REPEATEDLY credited Ronstadt as being her Number One musical influence, if I'm not mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 97October 10, 2015 5:32 AM

Correct r97.

by Anonymousreply 98October 10, 2015 5:47 AM

Linda fired the PR firm she hired to quash the MTF rumors once her fans began defending her chops by referencing Garth Brooks as her top acolyte

by Anonymousreply 99October 10, 2015 5:54 AM

Is Belinda Carlisle the Linda Ronstadt of the 1980s?

by Anonymousreply 100October 10, 2015 5:56 AM

Linda Ronsfat

by Anonymousreply 101October 10, 2015 5:58 AM

Howard Stern called her Blimpa Ronsfat for months after that argument on the Tonight Show.

by Anonymousreply 102October 10, 2015 9:01 AM

Stern is a dick.

She had great tone and it was a versatile and technically rare gift of a voice though I agree she wasn't anywhere up there with singers (some of whom didn't have as strong an instrument) who could really interpret a song. Dolly, in fairness, made you believe it...she always sold a lyric like it was from the heart.

But to mock her weight gain when she's faced a plethora of medical issues, is a low and unnecessary blow.

by Anonymousreply 103October 10, 2015 12:40 PM

Howard Stern is a child.

by Anonymousreply 104October 10, 2015 1:15 PM

[quote]What type of fish would a restaurant serve with the bone?

Honey, we don't all have to eat at Red Lobster.

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2015 1:16 PM

Ronstadt probably has weight gain due to steroid use, because of her illness.

I have a disabled relative with rheumatoid arthritis. With chronic diseases like these, people's immune system is damaged and they can't fight off ordinary illnesses like the flu or a simple ear infection. It's not too different from AIDS before they had meds. Your immune system is just gone. Infections or illnesses rage on for months and can cause permanent or life-threatening complications. You can end up with irreversible organ damage from stuff that wouldn't take a healthy person a week to get over. Antibiotics don't fix it. Nothing fixes it. That's where the steroids come in.

Steroids cause weight gain, easily 50-100 pounds depending on the dosage and length of treatment. They cause your face to bloat up. My relative had to have steroids several times to put down specific illnesses that wouldn't go away any other way. It's a strain on your heart and can damage it. Once the dosage had to be so high, she gained 40 pounds in a month. Then you have to struggle like hell to get it off, only to have another infection with more steroids, and it happens all over again.

When you see a person with a chronic serious illness like that, and they blow up, especially in the face, that's what's happening. Generally, the fatter they are, the sicker they are. So laugh it up, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 106October 10, 2015 2:29 PM

She came off as irate during this interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107October 10, 2015 10:58 PM

Rolling Stone used to bash her albums so I'm sure she wasn't dying to go to lunch with them. Would you? (They were already on their way to being a joke by 1995 too).

by Anonymousreply 108October 10, 2015 11:16 PM

R105, we are aware it was not Red Lobster. It was Citrus on Melrose. What did she order, a whole bass?

by Anonymousreply 109October 11, 2015 3:39 PM

[quote] Is Belinda Carlisle the Linda Ronstadt of the 1980s?

No, Linda could actually sing. Belinda's talents ran from A to...well, lower case a.

by Anonymousreply 110October 13, 2015 2:15 AM

"What if I fall in love with you, just like normal people do?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 13, 2015 4:40 AM

Vocally one of her best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 13, 2015 4:45 AM

One of her non-hits. They were her best songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 13, 2015 4:54 AM

OP = Robin Quivers circa 1995.

by Anonymousreply 114October 13, 2015 5:31 AM

____

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 13, 2015 9:32 AM

I hate absolutely nothing about Linda Ronstadt besides the fact that she has Parkinson's and can no longer sing. I always wanted to hear her version of "The Way You Look Tonight."

by Anonymousreply 116October 13, 2015 11:10 AM

I've been making fun of her but I admit she does have a great voice. The problem is she is SO boring. I just feel like there's nothing spontaneous in her voice and her strive for perfection wrings any warmth out of a song. Just about her only exception to that is You're No Good. It also happens to be one of my all time favorite songs.

by Anonymousreply 117October 13, 2015 12:29 PM

I agree, R117—I'd add that she had a tendency to belt everything (ex: "The Moon's a Harsh Mistress"). My exception would be "Heart Like a Wheel."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 13, 2015 2:09 PM

"You're No Good" is no good. It's one of those rockers Linda was forced to make, like "Heat Wave" and "That'll Be the Day." Those are the only songs she did that were "boring."

Who *do* you like, R117?

by Anonymousreply 119October 13, 2015 2:14 PM

No. Those songs she was "forced" to make were clearer heads trying to make her seem like she wasn't just Charlie Brown's teacher singing. Forced to do? As if I believed that. She filled her career with covers. Made a fortune and had a hell of a career. More power to her. But she was a bore.

She needed to hang around the black chicks more. Of course it's a live performance of You're No Good but it's the only one I've ever seen her cut loose and throw caution to the wind. Of course at the end of the song she looks disgusted in herself that she gave into emotions and goes back into her bubble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 13, 2015 2:24 PM

Glad she had her "bubble," R120. Now go back to your Janet Jackson collection. Or Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 121October 13, 2015 2:36 PM

Heart Like A Wheel is one of the best albums ever produced......and still holds up today...over 40 yrs later. Very few albums actually do that.

by Anonymousreply 122October 13, 2015 2:48 PM

She used too many notes.

by Anonymousreply 123October 13, 2015 2:54 PM

Each of the three albums that came after Heart like a Wheel surpassed it.

by Anonymousreply 124October 13, 2015 3:00 PM

She sang the heck out of anything warren Zevon every wrote.

by Anonymousreply 125October 13, 2015 3:01 PM

I thought she made only one really good album "Heart Like Wheel."

She seems like an intelligent person in interviews but she's done some REALLY dumb things, like performing in apartheid South Africa for big bucks. Rolling Stone, which was in love with her at the time, actually published an unflattering article about her after that, entitled "Snow White in South Africa.", where it described the black-haired, white-skinned Ronstadt being lavishly catered to and waited on during her time there. Told beforehand that it would be a bad idea to got there, she did it anyway, and by way of explanation said "I don't like being told I can't go somewhere." That's pretty fucked up.

She was good with country music and ballads but was hopeless as a rock singer. Her versions of "Tumbling Dice" and "Heat Wave" and "Girls Talk" are ridiculous. Her voice and singing style do not go well with material like that.. She did a "new wave" album where she sang Elvis Costello songs; he said her versions were terrible, but hey, it was just more money for him. Perhaps later realizing that, she started making albums of old standards, which were somewhat more suited to her.

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss did a great Ronstadt impression of SNL. Wearing a version of the pink gown that Ronstadt wore on the cover of her album "What's New (an album of standards)", Louis-Dreyfuss sang "I do old songs for you...because I can't do....what's new."

by Anonymousreply 126October 13, 2015 4:20 PM

She comes across as a really unhappy, angry person in interviews. She has an enormous . . . . . . chip on her shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 127October 13, 2015 5:28 PM

Shes notoriously shy....and extremely guarded of her personal life. Talk to her about music, education and literature, and she goes on and on....but veer into something shes protective about or that she deems trivial or condescending.... and the fangs come out. As it should be. As stated above, she does not suffer fools lightly. She would become a TOTAL recluse if it were up to her.

by Anonymousreply 128October 13, 2015 5:39 PM

Doesn't suffer fools lightly = snarky bitch with a limited IQ and zero personality

by Anonymousreply 129October 13, 2015 6:30 PM

I have no patience for celebrities selling themselves, who resent doing publicity.

It's your fucking job. If you don't like it, get another. Or stop caring so much about whether you shit sells.

by Anonymousreply 130October 13, 2015 6:33 PM

Ye Gods, there are so many more people worthy of hating upon than Linda Ronstadt! She had a great voice, was wonderful with a ballad and in her prime was beautiful and captivating. So she got sick and gained weight in her old age, how awful of her!

by Anonymousreply 131October 13, 2015 6:47 PM

"Of course at the end of the song she looks disgusted in herself that she gave into emotions and goes back into her bubble."

R120, The Amazing Kreskin you ain't. What a horseshit interpretation. She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 132October 13, 2015 7:47 PM

She has relationships with Warren Beatty, Jerry Brown, and Jim Carrey but hates publicity?

I'm sure she could have found a quiet person in the industry behind the scenes, but seems like she does enjoy the drama and public fawning.

by Anonymousreply 133October 13, 2015 7:56 PM

Well bubble or not one thing is true. Those colored girls could have sang her off the stage right back to behind the counter at the taco stand. That whole group brought out the best in her. It was like she was off the valium for a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 134October 13, 2015 8:04 PM

r133......shes not a damn Kardashian......with the exception of small blurbs in the media and reporters following her and brown to Africa, she didnt flaunt her relationships in the media and very little is known about them other than they existed.

by Anonymousreply 135October 13, 2015 8:31 PM

I like her 70s music, but not the later stuff. I read her autobiography and found it a bit dull. She's very circumspect, refers to her boyfriends as her "sweethearts," and focuses mostly on her music. Keith Richards and Graham Nash both wrote a lot about their music in their books, but they also dished the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 136October 13, 2015 8:31 PM

[quote]She would become a TOTAL recluse if it were up to her.

Doesn't exactly sound like the type that pursues a music career in her teens.

by Anonymousreply 137October 13, 2015 8:34 PM

The very idea of a "LINDA RONSTADT HATE THREAD" is so absurd, it's hard to get worked up over. So you don't like her, OP. Nobody really cares about you or your delusions.

by Anonymousreply 138October 13, 2015 8:45 PM

Yet here you are.

by Anonymousreply 139October 13, 2015 9:08 PM

She is/was a great voice. She is opinionated. At least she has a legit opinion.

by Anonymousreply 140October 13, 2015 11:16 PM

r137......it does if youre talented, into your art form and not a narcissist......there are plenty of high profile "stars" who avoid the spotlight very effectively.

by Anonymousreply 141October 13, 2015 11:53 PM

Did anyone else read her memoir? Seems like it even bored her fans:

"The main problem is that it is just shallow and strangely silent about the music during Linda's peak popularity in the mid 1970s. John Lennon once complained that George Harrison wrote a memoir (I Me Mine) that never mentioned him once. This book is like that. It is as though she intentionally ignores the very aspect of her career that made her so successful. Interested in Andrew Gold's collaboration with Linda? Go elsewhere. He is mentioned in passing only a couple of times. How about Linda's recordings of Karla Bonhoff tunes? Nope. She is mentioned once or twice, again only in passing. In fact the book skips from her last Capital record--and the album that made her a star--Heart Like a Wheel to her wanting to work in Pirates of Penzance. Prisoner in Disguise, Hasten Down the Wind, and Simple Dreams are simply ignored as though they never existed. Just look at the (chronological) chapters:

10. Heart Like a Wheel 11. Malibu 12. Getting Restless 13. Meeting Joe Papp

Heart Like a Wheel is 3 pages long. Three pages! You'd get more detail in a Rolling Stone article. Malibu is about moving to the beach after having financial security for the first time. Getting Restless (six pages!) is about the boredom she felt on tour playing large venues. That's about all she has to say about the years from 1974-1978."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 14, 2015 3:59 AM

This slimy cunt changed her name to Herlinda Vega in the hopes that would score her free tacos

by Anonymousreply 143October 14, 2015 4:03 AM

The book itself is one of those leaflet things that was written on her lunch hour. I do not know who is doing this -- the stars or publishing -- but it is fucking annoying. You can get it for $3 on discount racks now, by the way. The rose gold cover is best thing about it.

Give me Julia Phillips and her 600 page opus any day.

by Anonymousreply 144October 14, 2015 4:06 AM

Linda got around. Her lovers included Jackson Browne, assorted members of the Eagles, J.D. Souther, Albert Brooks, Bill Murray, Jerry Brown, Mick Jagger, Brett Hudson, Jim Carrey, Moon Martin and George Lucas. She was actually engaged to Lucas for a time, but they never married. She dated Steve Martin early in their careers; in his memoir he said that he was so intimidated by her sexiness and "street smarts" that he was afraid to sleep with her. He said she told him "Steve, do you always go out with women you don't sleep with?" He said they "parted chaste."

by Anonymousreply 145October 14, 2015 4:28 PM

I wonder what Linda thought of the all-girl tribute at last year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony (which she did not attent)? Bonnie, Stevie, that girl who played Julie Andrews in the live version of Sound of Music...I forget who else...

by Anonymousreply 146October 14, 2015 6:52 PM

Joni put Linda to shame.

by Anonymousreply 147October 14, 2015 11:26 PM

Do we know anything about Emmylou Harris?

by Anonymousreply 148October 15, 2015 12:06 AM

Emmylou is into Jesus. Dunno how she feels about gays.

by Anonymousreply 149October 15, 2015 12:09 AM

Emmylou's long been a supporter of LGB rights - spoken out, done benefits. Runs her own little animal sanctuary, stood up for various liberal causes and followed that up with action.

She seems like one of the good guys.

by Anonymousreply 150October 15, 2015 12:12 AM

Emmylou's LGB record. Good for her. Doing more than a certain other member of the trio who's busy hiding in her closet throwing out hackneyed platitudes every so often...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 15, 2015 12:30 AM

So glad to know, R151 R150.

by Anonymousreply 152October 15, 2015 12:31 AM

I, too, was incredibly disappointed by Linda Ronstadt's "Simple Dreams" autobiography. There are a few basic facts, but it's bizarrely devoid of any sense of who she really, how she feels, or any sort of human warmth for that matter...she seems very conflicted, which is sad for a woman of her age, about her public life.

The only real emotion I sensed in the book was when she wrote about her father. Even when she writes about her mother, she maintains this sort of cold, dispassionate tone. She was on the road when her mother died. Her father called her. She regretted that she wasn't there. It's really one of the strangest books, certainly autobiographies, I've ever read.

She gave some interesting interviews about the book that persuaded me to buy it. I can only presume that she spent time being coached by a publicist for her NPR interview and other interviews. She revealed far more in the interviews about her life and who she is than she does in the book itself.

She just comes across as a very closed off person.

by Anonymousreply 153October 15, 2015 1:20 AM

Sidebar- I love that other people are starting to write the LGB community.

by Anonymousreply 154October 15, 2015 2:25 AM

It's all I'll use from now on too, R154.

by Anonymousreply 155October 15, 2015 2:29 AM

I guess that makes Long Beach the gayest airport in the world!

by Anonymousreply 156October 15, 2015 2:33 AM

Emmylou Harris is a freaking SAINT, people! She almost single-handedly invented Americana music, is beloved by her peers, runs the Bonaparte's Retreat animal sanctuary out of Nashville, and has done COUNTLESS benefits for anti-war, anti-land mine, pro-human rights causes, etcetcetcetcetc.

I'm gayer than a flock of rainbow parakeets roosting on the balcony outside Hugh Jackman's bedroom, but when I think about Emmylou Harris, even I get A LITTLE aroused . . .

by Anonymousreply 157October 15, 2015 4:49 AM

"She almost single-handedly invented Americana music, is beloved by her peers, runs the Bonaparte's Retreat animal sanctuary out of Nashville, and has done COUNTLESS benefits for anti-war, anti-land mine, pro-human rights causes, etcetcetcetcetc. "

That's laying it on pretty thick. And to say that she "almost single-handedly invented Americana music" is ludicrous.

by Anonymousreply 158October 15, 2015 3:30 PM

"Do we know anything about Emmylou Harris?"

Nobody would ever have heard of her is it hadn't been for Gram Parsons. He heard her sing somewhere and thought her voice was very country, so he had her tour with him and sing on one of his albums. She would have been nothing without him.

by Anonymousreply 159October 15, 2015 3:34 PM

One thing to Linda Ronstadts credit.....she showcased many talented singers and songwriters and helped bring a spotlight to them. She opened up an awareness to these talents that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. People like Nicolette Larson, Karla Bonoff, Warren Zevon, JD Souther, The McGariggle Sisters, and many others. She also opened up multiple genres to her audience who would otherwise not be aware.

by Anonymousreply 160October 15, 2015 4:10 PM

Somebody would have discovered Emmylou Harris, even if that drug addled nutjob hadn't.

I suppose Gram Parsons is somehow responsible for the glorious Wrecking Ball album.

by Anonymousreply 161October 15, 2015 7:25 PM

I believe she also discovered the Del Rubio Triplets late one night on one of her notorious taco binges

by Anonymousreply 162October 15, 2015 7:37 PM

R161, you've made me chortle.

by Anonymousreply 163October 15, 2015 8:12 PM

Thanks, but I shouldn't have called Parsons a nutjob. He was a poor soul who lost himself in his bad habit and blew it all out. He must have had great taste to pick out EH.

by Anonymousreply 164October 15, 2015 9:26 PM

Stupid fat old diseased bitch.

by Anonymousreply 165October 15, 2015 9:46 PM

Who the fuck is aware of those people?

by Anonymousreply 166October 15, 2015 10:07 PM

I hope you die tonight, R165. And that it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 167October 15, 2015 10:15 PM

Ditto for you r167. Find a thinner idol. Someone who isn't pushing 100 years old.

by Anonymousreply 168October 15, 2015 11:34 PM

No, I don't need to do that, R168.

by Anonymousreply 169October 15, 2015 11:36 PM

R168 has shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 170October 16, 2015 12:21 AM

The disease that she has. Is that the one where she'll end up shaking like Jello-O?

by Anonymousreply 171October 16, 2015 1:27 AM

If we're making fun of Linda for being fat can we make fun of Carly for looking like an ape?

by Anonymousreply 172October 16, 2015 1:43 AM

Zola Budd ran with NO SHOES!! Who else does that???!!

by Anonymousreply 173October 16, 2015 1:46 AM

Everyone I know, R173.

by Anonymousreply 174October 16, 2015 1:50 AM

There's a lot of bile-inducing nastiness on this thread that steps well beyond the usual common or garden nastiness on this site.

By all means show off your rapier wit critiquing her 70s wardrobe choices, her music or her somewhat irascible personality...

But to mock someone for having a life destroying and utterly debilitating illness? That makes you a sociopath. As you almost certainly wouldn't have the courage to do that to someone's face as opposed to hiding anonymously in your basement, it also makes you a coward.

Get help.

by Anonymousreply 175October 16, 2015 2:16 AM

A favorite song:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176October 16, 2015 3:48 PM

She looks pretty good considering how old, fat, and sick she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 16, 2015 10:32 PM

The originial is the best. Delia Mae and her girls sound like they'd cut a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 16, 2015 11:00 PM

the fact is, "you're no good" is no good, no matter who sings it.

by Anonymousreply 179October 16, 2015 11:19 PM

Clint Ballard's songwriting royalties would suggest otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 180October 17, 2015 12:10 AM

As often as "fans" of her "hits" demand to hear it, I'm not surprised. But it's far from her best work.

by Anonymousreply 181October 17, 2015 12:14 AM

R172 Carly is a horseface darling. A supreme fug. However she got lookers like Warren Beatty and Cat Stevens so it proves that hot guys will fuck almost anything that moves. In comparison, Ronstadt got Jerry Brown and Jim Carrey.LInda was much better looking than Carly. I think Carly despite her lack of looks did a lot better in the guy department though.

by Anonymousreply 182October 17, 2015 12:20 AM

What did she "steal" from Dolly, OP?

by Anonymousreply 183October 17, 2015 12:21 AM

I don't think Carly is ugly. But I'm a guy. What do I know?

by Anonymousreply 184October 17, 2015 12:21 AM

Can we leave Carly alone and get back to hating Linda?

by Anonymousreply 185October 17, 2015 1:02 AM

[quote] A supreme fug

Back off Carly, that is trademarked to Diane.

by Anonymousreply 186October 17, 2015 1:19 AM

Warren Beatty had those awful fish lips. And Cat Stevens wasn't all that in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 187October 17, 2015 1:20 AM

R182 She is truly the predecessor to SJP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 17, 2015 5:11 AM

She's not obese because she's sick and helpless, she's obese because she can't stop shoveling food and booze into her mouth and probably isn't doing a lick of exercise.

Many people who have Parkinson's and thyroid disorders have the opposite problem - they drop weight.

No matter what your chronic illness, doctors and nutritionists try to help you maintain a healthy weight so you don't add heart conditions and diabetes to what you're already dealing with.

She's chosen to go another way.

by Anonymousreply 189October 17, 2015 5:24 AM

When she was younger Carly was much prettier than Linda. Plus Carly had sex appeal. I will admit, for a time, Linda aged better than Carly. After a certain age fat looks better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 17, 2015 5:29 AM

I feel like Mariska Hargitay could play her in a TV movie chronicling her illness.

by Anonymousreply 191October 17, 2015 5:30 AM

No, Carly was never prettier than Ronstadt. Simon was like Farrah Fawcett, her "beauty" was confined to her teeth and hair.

by Anonymousreply 192October 17, 2015 5:31 AM

Oh and a pretty hot bod, too.

by Anonymousreply 193October 17, 2015 5:31 AM

Linda uses fruit pies as buns for her monte cristo triple decker

by Anonymousreply 194October 17, 2015 5:35 AM

Carly Simon was an exotic beauty when she was younger. Unfortunately ultra skinny people just don't age well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195October 17, 2015 5:40 AM

Carly was never pretty, she was always hideous. Although I will admit that Carly is very photogenic and there are several pictures of her (including the majority of her album art) where she looks drop dead gorgeous. but that's only from a few angels.

by Anonymousreply 196October 17, 2015 5:44 AM

Linda was a phenomenal singer. She remains one of my very favourites. Don't Cry Now, Heart Like a Wheel, Simple Dreams are excellent albums. Her New Wave-y album Mad Love is one of my favourites.

She had impeccable choice in material.

by Anonymousreply 197October 17, 2015 5:56 AM

Carly was a sex bomb. Linda was a sex kitten. Poor Carole King never had a prayer.

It's easy to forget Patti Smith hated Debbie Harry too, years later. No matter how evolved we want to think these artists are, it still seems to annoy them.

by Anonymousreply 198October 17, 2015 6:11 AM

"Carly was a sex bomb. Linda was a sex kitten. Poor Carole King never had a prayer.

It's easy to forget Patti Smith hated Debbie Harry too, years later. No matter how evolved we want to think these artists are, it still seems to annoy them. "

Actually, Carole King was very attractive to men. All her husbands were hot guys.

I used to think Carly Simon was good-looking, but now I realize that she wasn't. She looks good in some of her photographs, though. And she has long legs that were probably her best feature.

Linda Ronstadt was beautiful; big brown eyes, heart-shaped face, well-shaped, sexy mouth. Beautiful.

Deborah Harry was good-looking in a very sexy way. Too bad she was "punk" and wore her haphazardly dyed blonde hair in a tangled mop. And her clothes are atrocious; they looked like she got them out of a garbage can.

Patti Smith was said to dislike good-looking women heartily. That's probably true. As for Smith...well, she didn't do too badly in the men department, despite looking like a gothic scarecrow. Obviously there was something about her that appealed to men, well some types of men anyway. But I never understood why anybody would want to fuck her,

by Anonymousreply 199October 19, 2015 3:56 PM

$$$ ka-ching!

by Anonymousreply 200October 19, 2015 4:06 PM

Here's Debbie in her Playboy Bunny days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 19, 2015 10:16 PM

Flawless in High School

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 19, 2015 10:18 PM

Dead thread.

by Anonymousreply 203October 19, 2015 10:32 PM

"Shes testified multiple times before congress in support of various issues...."

When the hell did she ever do THAT? And what "issues" did she testify about? I've heard her express her views about some political issues, but I've never heard anything about her "testifying" before Congress about anything.

She never got a taste of Steve Martin's cock. They dated, but never had sex. At least, that is what Martin says in his memoir "Born Standing Up."

Her first hit, "Different Drum" was written by Mike Nesmith. I've heard his version. It's much better and is very country. It's a song that really needs to be sung by a guy. Linda sounds ridiculous singing "now I ain't sayin' you ain't pretty." s

by Anonymousreply 204October 20, 2015 3:01 AM

r204.....heres one.......google is your friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 20, 2015 3:19 AM

Did she testify at all about apartheid?

by Anonymousreply 206October 20, 2015 3:25 AM

R200:

You're telling me . . .

by Anonymousreply 207October 20, 2015 3:39 AM

LMAO, R207, thanks for that. She's getting up there with Elizabeth Taylor, isn't she.

by Anonymousreply 208October 20, 2015 3:51 AM

R206.

I'd forgotten about that. Her excuse was, well, there's no excuse, is there... At least any good one.

by Anonymousreply 209October 20, 2015 4:55 AM

Another limousine lib who does what lines her pockets instead of what she wags her finger to the peons about: shocking

by Anonymousreply 210October 20, 2015 4:58 AM

Linda, 1968, from a photo shoot for [italic]Teen[/italic] magazine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 20, 2015 2:28 PM

[quote] LMAO, [R207], thanks for that. She's getting up there with Elizabeth Taylor, isn't she

Not really. Klein is her maiden name and King was her "non-ethnic" stage name.

by Anonymousreply 212October 20, 2015 2:32 PM

I will never hate you, Linda.

OP is no good. I wish he would hasten down the wind. I suspect he is so bitter because he never found someone to lay down beside him. It's been such a long, long time for him, I can almost see it.

I could get along without him very well. And mean it. He will always lose again.

by Anonymousreply 213October 20, 2015 3:14 PM

The person saying Carly Simon was ugly is an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 20, 2015 3:22 PM

Linda deserved to get Parkinson's disease.

by Anonymousreply 215October 20, 2015 3:45 PM

The idiot fails to realize that anyone can look good in a modeled picture, why not show the beast in it's natural habitat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 20, 2015 5:08 PM

I'm still recovering from the notion of Deborah Harry being simply "good looking in a sexy way". I always thought she was, bar none, the most beautiful woman in the world at her peak (and it was a pretty long peak too).

by Anonymousreply 217October 20, 2015 5:22 PM

R216 That is a photo of a woman in her 60s. While that is, no doubt, young to you, it isn't a fair comparison.

by Anonymousreply 218October 20, 2015 5:29 PM

Carly is beautiful in R216.

by Anonymousreply 219October 20, 2015 5:32 PM

As I said, the original SJP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 20, 2015 5:37 PM

What is it OP thinks Linda stole from Dolly? I'm sure Dolly still goes "ka-ching!" every time someone buys a copy of PRISONER IN DISGUISE.

by Anonymousreply 221October 20, 2015 5:37 PM

"I always thought she was, bar none, the most beautiful woman in the world at her peak (and it was a pretty long peak too).'

She was never "the most beautiful woman in the world." There were plenty of women as attractive as she was. She WAS exceptional in that she was a good-looking female rock star. You don't see too many really good-looking female rock stars, especially ones who were considered punk rock. She was really the only great looking female punk rock singer.

by Anonymousreply 222October 21, 2015 12:06 AM

When the fuck was Linda Ronstadt ever considered punk rock? I mean, besides never.

by Anonymousreply 223October 21, 2015 12:09 AM

Linda. Last Halloween.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224October 21, 2015 3:06 AM

"When the fuck was Linda Ronstadt ever considered punk rock? I mean, besides never."

Nobody ever said LINDA was considered punk rock, Debbie. It was YOU who was called punk rock. Are you still on heroin, Deb? You seem a little confused.

by Anonymousreply 225October 21, 2015 3:11 AM

Dear, R225. Put the crack pipe down and read R222 then kindly shove the pipe up your gaping asshole.

by Anonymousreply 226October 21, 2015 3:22 AM

Is it my fault that the human rugburn at R222 doesn't know how to correctly quote a previous post? The thread is about Linda, not me (although I should have my own thread).

by Anonymousreply 227October 21, 2015 3:26 AM

Debbie hon, the poster at R222 was talking about YOU. not Linda. He or she was referring to R217, a fangurl of yours who thought you were, "bar none, the most beautiful woman in the world at her peak (and it was a pretty long peak too). "

I think a trip to rehab is in order, babe. You're obviously still using. Good luck with your recovery. There's more to life than drugs.

by Anonymousreply 228October 21, 2015 3:58 PM

I agree that Debbie is one of the most beautiful women ever.

by Anonymousreply 229October 21, 2015 5:19 PM

Linda Ronstadt was the first solo female singer to cipnsistently sell out arena tours. She sold more records from the late 2960s thru the earlly 1980s. Linda was the biggest-selling female solo artist - not Aretha, not Streisand, not Donna Summer, not Olivia Newton/John. And she was a rocker then & called the Queen of Rock in the 1970s. Her Motown rock covers were kickass and better things than the originals. A whole slew of artists performed in Sin City including Rod Strwart, Queen and frank Sinatra, Yet no one says anything about that. She has the greatest voice in tock, country, folk, and pop. I'll take her over Aretha, Whitney, Matiah, Christina and Cristina any day .

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2016 12:16 AM

You're a mess, R230

by Anonymousreply 231July 16, 2016 12:19 AM

I used to work for a real estate team in Tucson, where she lives and we interviewed to list her house. I never met her, but apparently she was in very bad health a few years ago.

In typical Tucson fashion, she wanted to sell her house for way more than it was worth, which if I recall, was around $1.2 million.

by Anonymousreply 232July 16, 2016 12:29 AM

Thanks for directing me to this thread Joni. I hate this fat, sanctimonious bitch.

by Anonymousreply 233April 11, 2018 10:57 PM

Who 's she?

by Anonymousreply 234April 11, 2018 11:25 PM

I like her music. Why does she get so much hate?

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2018 11:27 PM

I don't remember seeing her at woodstock. You say she's a SINGER ?

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2018 11:30 PM

It's just a few savage cunts, R235. Linda is my favorite singer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2018 11:30 PM

R35, Harry Nilsson’s “A Little Touch of Schmillson in the Night” was released ten years earlier and is really great.

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2018 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!