Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Linda Ronstadt

What's she doing now? Is she really as dumb as they say?

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2019 2:24 AM

She's a really fat tub of shit!

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2010 7:44 PM

Bitch yes, dumb no. She was always known for being a voracious reader of high-brow books.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2010 7:54 PM

I'll tell you what I know. Saw her in concert (last year) with her Marachi band. The band was great, but Linda wasn't. I don't know what was wrong with Linda, but she was off-key in every song she sang. Still a great concert, but Linda didn't sing her best, which was surprising to me.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2010 7:56 PM

She needs to do a "hits" tour, get a trainer, get back in shape and really get back in the game. She has a rich back catalog of albums.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2010 8:04 PM

She recently did a track with Jim Webb on his tribute album, the Art Garfunkel hit "All I Know." But according to Webb, she's retired. She got some press recently in her home state of AZ, protesting the anti-immigration law.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2010 8:07 PM

r4...you are so right. I wish that would happen for Linda.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2010 8:09 PM

Who is "they", OP? She's not at all dumb, in fact she's very smart. She likes doing standards and jazz these days, did a pretty nice little CD a few years back. But, yes, I think she's pretty much retired now, much like Grace Slick.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2010 8:10 PM

She tours all the time. She was in Denver last year and was amazing. And the people who call her dumb or bitchy are usually the right-wingers who disagree with her politics.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2010 8:13 PM

I saw her a few years back four times, twice at The Beacon (she wore gaucho pants, lol!) and once at NJ Perforing Arts Center in Newark. Both times she was in excellent voice and she blew me away. But she does too many standards in her show and not enough rock.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2010 8:14 PM

Maybe she should do a book, but it wouldn't be juicy because she's too tasteful for that. And she wouldn't promote it because she doesn't like dealing with the media, witness her epic fight with Robin Quivers on Jay Leno. It's hysterical!

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2010 8:16 PM

There are some notes she hits with such strength I got goosebumps and during "Adios" the Jimmy Webb song, I actually cried.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2010 8:17 PM

My mom just saw her on PBS on some Latin music show and said she didn't recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2010 8:18 PM

"Save me, free me from my heart this time, the train's gone down the track and I'm left behind. But nothing can save me from this ball and chain, I've made up my mind I would leave today, but you're keeping me going, I know it's insane, but I'll love you, and lose again."

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2010 8:19 PM

I'll always love the [italic]National Lampoon[/italic] "review" of[italic]Canciones de Mi Padre[/italic] in which the album title was translated as "Large Beads Stuffed Up My Father's Nose."

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2010 8:22 PM

I like her version of Cat Stevens' "First Cut is the Deepest" better than Sheryl Crow's. It's on YOuTube.

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2010 8:25 PM

Linda's best friend is Michiko Kakutani. Therefore I highly doubt she's dunb.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2010 8:30 PM

I've always thought she'd be a late-in-life lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2010 8:34 PM

I once heard on The HOllywood Kids dial-up gossip line that Emmylou Harris was a lez.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2010 9:02 PM

Speaking of "Hasten", Cyndi Lauper covered Linda's cover of Tracey Nelson's original blues-y "Down So Low" on her recent "Memphis Blues" album. It's not as good as Linda's. I saw her do it live, Cyndi didn't hit it out of the park like Linda does.

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2010 9:04 PM

She has two adopted kids, they most be in college by now. She lives in Pacific Heights and Tucson. Her founding partner of The Stone Poneys, bassist/singer Kenny Edwards just died a month ago, he was on tour with Karla Bonoff at the time.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2010 9:06 PM

R19

What do you mean she covered Linda's cover?

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2010 9:16 PM

I knew her years back in LA. Really, really smart, which makes sense because of the crowds she hung with. Actually, her family is pretty accomplished and her grandfather was a very influential inventor, coming up with prototypes for the microwave oven, grease gun, etc.

I've always suspected she was bisexual, even though she reputedly had a bunch of abortions. The group that she hung with like Emmylou Harris and Nicolette Larson were definitely not strangers to sapphic sex. When she finally adopted kids, she bolted LA to try to give them a normal life in Arizona.

I also don't think she made quite as much money as people think. She didn't write any of the songs she sang and most of her money came from touring. Admittedly, it was a nice payday, but those royalty checks would have been nicer.

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2010 9:51 PM

Jimmy Webb is married to Laura Savini of New York's WLIW-21. She's on all their Beg-A-Thons.%0D Long curly hair and eyes so blue she must wear colored contacts.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2010 9:57 PM

I love it when she does standards. I can do without the rock very well, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2010 10:11 AM

Did she date any of the Eagles?

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2010 10:29 AM

She was a cocaine addict.

I had a professor who was from a very wealthy family ,and he had an extremely high I.Q. He was truly amazing and just brilliant. He knew all of the rich and famous. He said he went on a Safari with Linda Ronstadt and some others. He kept on insisting to Linda that Jerry Brown is gay, and she kept on insisting he wasn't. My professor said, sorry Linda Jerry is gay.

I don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t mean to divert the subject OP, but this same professor told us some stories about some famous people here and there. Here is one about Bea Arthur that is nuts. Bea Arthur and her husband in the 60%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s and 70%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s donated money to many, many liberal causes. So one day she gets a knock at her front door and she opens the door and there were two black gentlemen. There was a movement back in 60%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99s that many blacks wanted one of the states to be their own country, and to be segregated from America and from white people. I think it was Colorado. Anyway, So these two men were the head of that movement. They explained to Bea why they were raising money. So Bea Arthur said, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Black people don%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t ski, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2010 10:48 AM

Who were Emmylou Harris' lesbian lovers?

by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2010 12:32 PM

"Who were Emmylou Harris' lesbian lovers?"%0D %0D I thought that she into serial marriage - marrying a new guy every decade.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2010 9:40 PM

I'm a long-time Emmylou fan, and r28 I think you nailed it...

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2010 5:17 AM

How do you know Linda was a coke addict? She may have dabbled, but I don't think an addict.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2010 6:03 PM

Then Gover Jerry Brown and Linda were considered a couple so I guess she would have a reason to believe he wasn't gay.%0D %0D I remember one time when there were fires in the area where she had a residence and he called out the national guard to set up barriers to protect her house. %0D %0D Needless to say, the general electorate was not happy and he was roasted by the media.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2010 6:56 PM

She reached out to the gay community vis a vis a benefit L.A. Gay Men's Chorus concert a few years back. Received little press and wasn't well attended. I don't think she realized until recent years that gay men are and were a large part of her fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2010 7:56 PM

"gay men are and were a large part of her fanbase"%0D %0D I don't think that gay men are a LARGE part of her fanbase.%0D %0D A lot of people know of Linda because she was a hugely popular performer, particularly in the 1970s.%0D %0D I discovered Linda via my hetero brother.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2010 9:17 PM

R30, Linda herself has admitted to having nasal surgery because of her addiction. Interestingly, the surgery was done by Stevie Nicks' dad.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2010 9:25 PM

Lots of gay guys were into Ronstadt back in the '70s.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2010 9:30 PM

She was quite a slut back in the day, but then everybody was back then.%0D %0D Her lovers included Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther, assorted members of the Eagles, Bill Murray, Brett Hudson, Albert Brooks, Jim Carrey, Mick Jagger, and George Lucas (they were engaged for a while). She dated Steve Martin, but according to him they never had sex; he said he was too intimidated by her to have sex with her. %0D %0D She had a highly publicized relationship with Jerry Browne. Everybody on Datalounge says he's gay, but Ronstadt is not the type to have a long relationship with a guy who wouldn't fuck her. %0D %0D I guess she's not dumb, but she sure does and says some stupid things. She did two concerts in South Africa during aparthied; now that was pretty stupid. She explained herself by saying "I don't like being told I can't go somewhere." Time magazine did a cover story on her; in the article she sounds like a total idiot. Maybe she was stoned or something; she was quoted as saying she loved her new boots, "I can see my toes and they are so cute."

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2010 12:51 AM

Linda constantly toured up until the mid 90's. No doubt she made a shitload of money from that.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2010 1:03 AM

Which assorted Eagles? Original group or pay to play with Henley/Frey group? Names please.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2010 1:10 AM

"Which assorted Eagles? Original group or pay to play with Henley/Frey group? Names please."%0D %0D The original group. Linda got around; she probably got around to all of them. %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2010 2:05 AM

She did an album of Cajun ballads a few years back, "Adieu False Heart." Very pretty acoustic version of "Walk Away, Renee" with Ann Savoy.

Man, I remember that Tonight Show fight with Robin Quivers. Linda came out at her chunkiest, and before Jay Leno could ask her a question, she lit into Robin on the couch next to her: "As a woman and a Mexican-American, I find it offensive." Robin gave it right back to her and got the audience on her side.

The next day Stern ripped Ronstadt a new one for playing Sun City during apartheid when most artists were boycotting it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2010 3:56 AM

Wow, R34, what lies you will stoop to. Everyone knows Stevie Nick's dad was the president of Greyhound. I seriously doubt he was moon-lighting as a ears, nose and throat surgeon.

Linda's surgery was well-documented to have been performed my Paula Prentiss's uncle.

Ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2010 4:08 AM

Here is a clip of the confrontation. This came after Stern made comments about Selena's death, although Ronstadt doesn't address that.

Hardly sounds like the audience is on Robin's side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2010 4:52 AM

There was a rumor long ago that she did a line of coke off every key on the piano before recording the vocal tracks for "You're No Good."

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2010 5:01 AM

I know people are going to disagree, but Linda was really the first female Rock & Roll superstar where she sold millions of records and sold out stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2010 5:35 AM

Her adopted daughter is fat, and has a twitter account. The son isn't but I think he's a druggie and really vacuous. Also has a twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2010 6:08 AM

"Mad Love" still sounds pretty good. She was one of the few traditional '70s artists who attempted a New Wave-influenced album and made it work. Today it sounds more like country with synths. My parents probably hadn't bought a new CD (or more likely cassette) in a decade until Linda did her first album of standards -- was it "Lush Life"? Everybody in pop music seems to have done one now, but Linda gets credit for doing it at a time when record company executives thought it was career suicide for a career that was on the ropes already, at least on radio.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2010 6:35 AM

r46, but when it first came out, Mad Love got savaged by the critics

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2010 6:27 PM

Did anyone see her in Pirates of Penzance? She did that in NYC, right? I feel like my dr. has the poster in his office...

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2010 6:45 PM

Linda at her best -- singing Desperado in 1980 with piano only, no band. I don't care if she's smart or a bitch or doing coke or whatever. She had a voice and she knew what to do with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2010 7:08 PM

But Linda was right, Howard Stern is not playing a character on his radio show. And he was wrong to do that skit about Selena. I think that moment was when Linda said, forget about it, pop culture has taken a downward turn and I don't want to be part of it anymore. I agree with her. People forget that Frank Sinatra and other artists played Sun City, too. Linda thought that music could be a healing thing, which was why she did it.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2010 8:15 PM

Still has the voice, saw her a few years back and she was really strong sounding.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2010 8:16 PM

Mad Love does not sound like country with synths, sorry. Costello's "Party Girl" with its intricate melodies, dramatic shifts of tone and sophisticated lyrics is far from a country song. Same with the title song and the Hollies' "I Can't Let Go".

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2010 8:35 PM

She was Madonna in the industry long before Madonna, in that she sold as well as the male rock bands, and sold out stadiums. Grace Slick was with Airplane, Joplin never reached stadium level, yes she was the first rock female superstar.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2010 8:36 PM

Linda didn't sell out stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2010 10:13 PM

I don't care what anyone says about her.She has the best voice of any female singer alive.She has made every remake of other artist songs so much better.Even though she is older now and heavier don't forget how beautiful and still is she was.I seen her 3 times in my life and I loved her.She will always be a knockout in my eyes.She does need to have a concert with all the hits and I pray she comes back to new jersey.I'll always love ya linda.Your number one fan don.

by Anonymousreply 55June 12, 2011 5:41 PM

"she was quoted as saying she loved her new boots, "I can see my toes and they are so cute.""%0D %0D So what? You never say anything essentially meaningless and shallow that could be quoted and then used to make you look stupid? We all do...

by Anonymousreply 56June 12, 2011 6:07 PM

Linda Ronstadt is the best. Let me say it again, The Best.

by Anonymousreply 57January 17, 2012 3:50 AM

I still miss Nicolette Larson

by Anonymousreply 58January 17, 2012 2:00 PM

she prefers living in Tuscon

by Anonymousreply 59January 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Rehearsing for show at the Burt Reynolds Dinner Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 60January 18, 2012 4:35 PM

I wish for more info from the commenters who assert the Emmylou Harris has saphic tendencies. I have been a huge fan of Emmylou since the 70s. What are your sources, please? If Emmylou is bisexual or lesbian, it is disappointing that she has been so closeted about it. Joan Baez admitted her 1960's affair with Kim Chappell, publicly.

by Anonymousreply 61February 7, 2012 7:50 AM

[quote]Linda's best friend is Michiko Kakutani. Therefore I highly doubt she's dunb.

I do so love Datalounge. May they continue never to let us correct.

by Anonymousreply 62February 7, 2012 8:49 AM

[quote]Joan Baez admitted her 1960's affair with Kim Chappell, publicly.

Who is Kim? Was she in the biz?

by Anonymousreply 63February 7, 2012 7:30 PM

She dated Moonbeam Jerry Brown. She can't be too bright.

by Anonymousreply 64February 7, 2012 7:38 PM

Moonbeam! You're a riot. Never heard that one.

So cutting edge.

by Anonymousreply 65February 7, 2012 7:52 PM

He was called that all the time, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 66February 7, 2012 7:59 PM

I don't know if she is smart or not - but her attack on Howard Stern (in the way that she handled it) made her seem rather dim.

by Anonymousreply 67February 7, 2012 8:04 PM

R66, I see that in addition to being a freeper twat, you are immune to sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2012 8:11 PM

R68, you are so predictabley trite.

by Anonymousreply 69February 7, 2012 8:15 PM

[R68], you are so predictably trite.

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2012 8:19 PM

And you're a redundant dunderhead.

by Anonymousreply 71February 7, 2012 8:50 PM

Thanks for further proving my assertion.

by Anonymousreply 72February 7, 2012 10:25 PM

People who (still) call Jerry Brown "Gov. Moonbeam" are generally right-wing assholes.

I'd rather be trite every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 73February 7, 2012 10:37 PM

I always got a lesbian vibe from Linda, particularly after she began bearding for Brown.

by Anonymousreply 74February 7, 2012 11:38 PM

R73, link, please.

Or did you just pull that one out of your ass, like most of your posts?

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2012 1:26 AM

I met her in the '60s but her first words to me were "you and I travel to the beat of a different drum". She seemed kind of stuck up.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2012 1:31 AM

"Who is Kim? Was she in the biz?"

Kim Chappell was only 17, a young surfer girl, when Baez met her in 1962. Joan at the time was 21 yrs old and already a famous folksinger and spokesperson for her generation. Joan describes the affair with Kim in her bio, "And a Voice to Sing With." After their relationship, Kim stayed lesbian, but Joan went back to men. Kim was involved with Peggy Caserta, prior to Peggy's long-term affair with Janis Joplin. I don't know what field Kim ended up in, but it wasn't show business. Though she did write the lyrics for a song, "All The World Has Gone By, for one of Richard Farina's albums.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2012 3:47 AM

Thanks R77 -- I had heard of some sort of relationship J had with another woman, but I never knew the details.

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2012 4:13 PM

DL is so funny sometimes.

She 'reached out to the gay community' with one show? Um, Thumbelina, she's performed multiple times with the SF gay men's choir. Get back in your leaf, hon, nothing to see here.

As for her living in Tuscon...she lives in San Francisco. Has for many, many years now. I've never heard that she was gay, but she loves gay men and has lots of gay friends.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2012 4:35 PM

"She was quite a slut back in the day, but then everybody was back then."

Like Joni Mitchell, Ronstadt also fucked most of the guys in her bands.

The 'toes looking cute' comment was from an interview in TIME, in the same article, Ronstadt moaned to the journalist that she really needed a man, IE: needed to get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2012 4:39 PM

Guys, its not Tuscon, its TuCSon!

And its not pronounced Two-saun. The correct pronounciation is the Spanish version. Tuk-Son. Son as in sonata.

Tucson

Got it?

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 81February 10, 2012 3:47 AM

Tucson is a GREAT city.

by Anonymousreply 82February 10, 2012 3:57 AM

R79, she still keeps residence in Tucson though

by Anonymousreply 83February 10, 2012 3:58 AM

But her primary residence is in San Francisco. And that's been true for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 84February 10, 2012 4:03 AM

You're no good!

by Anonymousreply 85February 10, 2012 4:29 AM

Right now, she's picking out a dress to wear to an upcoming funeral.

by Anonymousreply 86February 12, 2012 3:03 AM

I had no idea until now that Linda ever covered "I Will Always Love You." Love it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 17, 2012 2:56 PM

Supposedly, that's the version Costner played for Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 88February 17, 2012 3:06 PM

Linda had a great voice for a long time.

But the edge was dulled a few years back. I don't know if it's age, or the weight, or drugs, or all three, but she is a shadow of what she used to be.

There's just something…off. Stevie went off the beaten path but she's managed to recapture a big part of her essence in her last two solo albums. Linda just seems to be mouthing the words.

by Anonymousreply 89February 17, 2012 3:11 PM

I thought there was a thread on here not too long ago. She's retired. She's stopped singing and spends a lot of time in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 90February 17, 2012 4:43 PM

To those it means so much to.Its not your buiseness what Linda does now,its her life not yours.If she wants to just do the other side of her roots music that up to her.What the hell do you have to say about anything she is doing.Also to say any thing about her looks,you don't know what is going on totally in her life and you shouldn't its hers.You think everyone can stay fit and trim.She has a family,she is still doing some kind of sing and you have no idea how her health has been over the years.So being as nice as I can so everything can be on here go stick it!

by Anonymousreply 91March 19, 2012 2:55 AM

[quote]Its[sic] not your buiseness[sic] what Linda does now

And if we are fans of her music, r91, it's none of your "buiseness" if we ask about her, so take your nasty advice and shove it into your darkness.

by Anonymousreply 92March 19, 2012 3:29 AM

Ronstadt is currently writing her biography and is interviewing former lovers/band members from the Troubadour era. If she is honest and open, this book could be an interesting read.

by Anonymousreply 93March 19, 2012 3:41 AM

Like her "Mad Love" album but I ain't paying $10 bucks for a 32 year old album. I like it enough for the $5 dollar bin.

by Anonymousreply 94March 19, 2012 3:43 AM

Linda Love!

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2012 9:32 PM

Different Drum is sensatioonal.

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2012 9:48 PM

I love Different Drum, OMG!

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2012 9:53 PM

So what the hell happens to the vocal chords with age?

It's tragic in so many cases. Her voice was incredible.

My favorite of her is Blue Bayou

by Anonymousreply 98March 19, 2012 10:00 PM

I lived in Tucson in 1952to1954 and we called it tuson not Tuc Son.

by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2013 11:12 PM

I think "Different Drum" is a horribly written song (by Michael Nesmith, pre-Monkees). Linda Ronstadt did a great job with her version, which just goes to show how good she's always been.

by Anonymousreply 100January 30, 2013 12:49 AM

R100 - Linda's version of DD is very good.

by Anonymousreply 101January 30, 2013 1:03 AM

"I think "Different Drum" is a horribly written song (by Michael Nesmith, pre-Monkees)."

No, it's not, you twit. It's a great song. And Mike Nesmith's version is a hell of a lot better than the Ronstadt version.

by Anonymousreply 102January 30, 2013 1:42 AM

"Different Drum" is a mediocre song, vastly improved by Linda Ronstadt.

She's been a hell of a singer for a million years. As one of the first big-time women of pop/rock, she secured her place in modern American music. She's added to and broadened that with her Standards and Spanish recordings. Unlike most of today's pop stars, she can actually SING and has never needed auto-tune or had to lip-sync her performances.

Most of us have put on a few pounds over the past five decades, it's not a crime. I hope she's pleased with her accomplishments and is doing things that interest her.

by Anonymousreply 103January 30, 2013 2:48 AM

"Different Drum" is a great song, vastly improved by Linda Ronstadt.

by Anonymousreply 104January 30, 2013 5:09 PM

"Different Drum" is a mediocre song, vastly improved by Linda Ronstadt."

It's not a mediocre song. You wouldn't know a good song if it bit you on the rump. And it sure as hell was not "vastly improved" by Ronstadt. Mike Nesmith's version was a million times better. His version was a great country song. Her rendition was a disposable pop trifle.

"Different Drum" is a great song, vastly improved by Linda Ronstadt."

Oh my God, she did not "vastly improve" Different Drum! Ronstadt never "vastly improved" ANY remake she ever did!

by Anonymousreply 105January 30, 2013 7:20 PM

Linda singing Jimmy Webb's lovely, "The Moon's a Harsh Mistress." Her voice is stunning. The video quality is not great, but this is pure singing, live unadorned. Rondstadt has a very straightforward style, but a vocal tone and range that allowed her to sing anything.

I am a fan of almost all her music, and that says a lot. I am glad she is mostly retired. Her voice is not what it was - both a powerhouse thrill and a voice so pretty to make me cry. She made a lot of great music and is maybe critically under rated, but has way too many millions of distinguished fans to worry.

I love Rondstadt and she was the first large concert I ever attended at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. It was 1980, and I was a 15 year old hockey-playing horny, confused and cute dude.

Linda performed wearing the Maple Leaf's hockey jersey over cut off shorts and I thought I was in heaven. I fell in Mad Love with her pretty and powerful voice and her genuine rock stance and incredible rockin beauty. Turned out I was gay, but the straight guys loved Linda for very good reasons too.

Enjoy this beautiful song, beautifully sung, by a beautiful woman. I did and I still do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 30, 2013 7:28 PM

Open-toed boots?

by Anonymousreply 107January 30, 2013 9:04 PM

Grew up as a kid hearing my mom play her music all the time. When I hear those songs it really does take me back to a good place.

I was a bit disappointed in an interview a few years ago when she dismissed a lot of that early stuff and didn't understand why people still wanted to hear it

by Anonymousreply 108January 30, 2013 9:22 PM

Thank you R106

Linda looked stunning even as late as 1988,

by Anonymousreply 109January 30, 2013 10:48 PM

r34 wtf? How could Stevie Nicks father perform plastic surgery when he was the CEO in the food industry?!! FFS, what kind of pure bs are you smoking?

"

As Stevie's father Jess, a food business executive, climbed the ladder of success, he and the family moved from one Southwestern outpost to another. The list of places where Stevie lived sounds like an uninspired lyric from a blues country tune; baby years in Phoenix, a year in Albuquerque, New Mexico, five years in El Paso, Texas, two years in Salt Lake City, Utah, two years in Los Angeles, several years in the suburbs of San Francisco. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 30, 2013 11:28 PM

I never thought "Different Drum" was mediocre, but Linda's vocals made the song better.

by Anonymousreply 111January 30, 2013 11:39 PM

I looked it up. Nesmith, as usual, hokes it up and turns it into a joke.

Ronstadt made it a radio classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 30, 2013 11:42 PM

[quote]I was a bit disappointed in an interview a few years ago when she dismissed a lot of that early stuff and didn't understand why people still wanted to hear it.

I recall that interview, Linda thought her early songs were silly, and she didn't care to perform them anymore. Her early stuff was frivolous, trivial, and feeble-minded, according to Linda.

I totally disagree!

by Anonymousreply 113January 30, 2013 11:45 PM

[quote] I still miss Nicolette Larson

Me too, gurl.

But I do love me some Linda Rondstadt.

by Anonymousreply 114January 30, 2013 11:49 PM

Count me as another who thinks Different Drum is cheesy crap, not that I'm knocking Ronstadt in general. I listened to her in the 70s and early 80s, but preferred another 70s belter, Donna Summer.

by Anonymousreply 115January 30, 2013 11:52 PM

R113, Early Linds is not the best Linda. Her Capitol albums, those prior to Heart like a Wheel, pretty much sucked except for the song "Long, Long Time." It was only when she got with Peter Asher as her producer that she produced her best stuff, i.e, Heart like a Wheel on Capitol, and everything on Asylum beginning with the first album, Don't Cry Now.

Her true classics are the second through fourth Asylum albums, Prisoner in Disguise, Hasten down the Wind, and Simple Dreams, though many, myself included, extend this classic period to include everything on Asylum through Cry like a Rainstorm.

The worst of her Asylum music are her so-called hits. Anyone who's only familiar with those is missing out on Linda's best material.

by Anonymousreply 116January 31, 2013 12:04 AM

"I like her version of Cat Stevens' "First Cut is the Deepest" better than Sheryl Crow's. It's on YOuTube."

The definitive remake of this song is by Rod Stewart, recorded in 1977.

Rod was a great interpreter of others songs, he was at his creative peak during his first three solo albums, in the 1970s. His first LP was An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down (US title: The Rod Stewart Album), followed by Gasoline Alley and Every Picture Tells a Story.

Rod was also great when he was in The Jeff Beck Group and The Faces. The man doesn't have a great voice, but he was excellent at interpreting others songs, much more than Ronstadt torturing the Elvis Costello songs she recorded.

IIRC, Costello hated her interpretations of his songs, he said she completely did not understand the lyrics and that translated to bad interpretations. For example, she tried to sing "Girls Talk" from a female's perspective on other women, that was not what the song was about.

by Anonymousreply 117January 31, 2013 12:15 AM

R117, IIRC, Costello was an ugly turd who couldn't sing. He should have gotten down on his knees and prayed in gratitude for everyone else who recorded his songs.

by Anonymousreply 118January 31, 2013 12:18 AM

[quote]Costello was an ugly turd who couldn't sing.

Was?

by Anonymousreply 119January 31, 2013 12:20 AM

R117 - ""I like her version of Cat Stevens' "First Cut is the Deepest" better than Sheryl Crow's. It's on YOuTube."

The definitive remake of this song is by Rod Stewart, recorded in 1977."

No, no, no. Linda's was the definitive remake.

by Anonymousreply 120January 31, 2013 12:24 AM

r119: Diana, could you believe that excrescence he made of Brian Wilson's "You Still Believe in Me," grunting and scatting during the ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahs?

I'll never get over it. First time I broke a CD on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 121January 31, 2013 12:26 AM

Elvis Costello is a fucking genius. And hot to boot.

by Anonymousreply 122January 31, 2013 12:39 AM

You have no taste, r122, especially in men.

by Anonymousreply 123January 31, 2013 12:50 AM

You have absolutely no taste in music, R123, if you're dissing one of the finest songwriters of this generation.

by Anonymousreply 124January 31, 2013 12:59 AM

[quote]IIRC, Costello was an ugly turd who couldn't sing.

Jesus Christ, some of you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 125January 31, 2013 1:20 AM

Watch and listen to this. Really. On stage with the equally awesome Bonnie Raitt. See what talent is, as most of the country has forgotten. Then post and tell us how fabulous she isn't. Then put your earbuds in and bliss out on Britney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 31, 2013 2:48 AM

I recently came across some photos online of Linda Ronstadt from the '60s and '70s and she was gorgeous. I can honestly say that in her younger days she was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 127January 31, 2013 2:53 AM

R127 Totally agree. She was like a more soulful looking Marlo Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 128January 31, 2013 3:26 AM

and less plastic surgery looking than Marlo.

But with Linda's German background I wonder if there's a NAZI on that side like Sandra Bullock's grandfather was a NAZI rocket scientist.

by Anonymousreply 129January 31, 2013 3:33 AM

I thought Linda was 1/2 Mexican but it turns out that her father was related to one Mexican somewhere in his background! She's kind of like Soledad O'Brien or worse with her ethnic claims of being "black".

"Linda Ronstadt was born in Tucson, Arizona, in 1946 to Gilbert Ronstadt (1911–1995), a prosperous machinery merchant who ran the F. Ronstadt Co.,[7] and Ruth Mary Copeman Ronstadt (1914–1982), a homemaker .[8] Ronstadt was raised on the family's 10-acre (4.0 ha) ranch with siblings Peter (who served as Tucson's Chief of Police for ten years, 1981–1991), Michael J. and Gretchen (Suzi). The family was featured in Family Circle magazine in 1953.[9] Linda's father Gilbert came from a pioneering Arizona ranching family[10] and was of German and English American descent, with some Mexican ancestry.[11] Their influence and contributions to Arizona's history, including wagon making, commerce, pharmacies and music, is chronicled in the library of the University of Arizona.[12] Linda Ronstadt's great-grandfather, graduate engineer Friedrich August Ronstadt (who went by the name Federico Augusto Ronstadt) immigrated to the West (then a part of Mexico) in the 1840s from Hanover, Germany, and married a Mexican citizen, and eventually settled in Tucson.[13]

Her mother Ruth Mary, of German, English, and Dutch descent, was raised in the Flint, Michigan, area. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 31, 2013 3:39 AM

I always loved Linda's big eyes and teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131January 31, 2013 3:49 AM

Remember when Linda first cut her hair? It was a shock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 31, 2013 3:52 AM

The Keri Russell of her day!

by Anonymousreply 133January 31, 2013 3:53 AM

Early Ronstadt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 31, 2013 3:56 AM

The famous "Simple Dreams" album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 31, 2013 3:57 AM

I think this is the most stunning photo of Linda ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 31, 2013 5:38 AM

Omg, she is stunning! Linda had hair to die for.

by Anonymousreply 137January 31, 2013 6:20 AM

LOL, R137

by Anonymousreply 138January 31, 2013 1:32 PM

My favorite Linda Ronstadt album, Hasten down the Wind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139January 31, 2013 1:34 PM

Hasten Down the Wind, live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 31, 2013 1:54 PM

Linda always had a bit of trouble with musical dexterity in that she couldn't jump from note to note with a lot of ease. Sometimes it led to clunky sounding interpretations. Her concert performances of "Desperado" proved her to be a masterful singer.

As a sidenote, DYK that Linda's sister was married to Mikal Gilmore, brother of Gary. He used to beat the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2013 2:47 PM

She also part black and Aztec on her Mexican side-- I know someone who has done her genealogy.

by Anonymousreply 142January 31, 2013 2:57 PM

Favorite guilty pleasure Linda Ronstadt song of mine is "Dreams to Dream" from An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. Stunning vocals.

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2013 3:17 PM

A better version of Lose Again recorded live at the Rockpalast in Germany, 1976.

I saw her in Radio City when I was 15 or so...incredible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2013 3:31 PM

Just checked. Still fat.

by Anonymousreply 145January 31, 2013 3:34 PM

Thanks for the song links, R140 and R144. I looked for a link to Linda doing "Gainesville," from Randy Newman's FAUST, but there's nothing on youtube.

However, you can summon it up on spotify. It's one of her very best songs, and I didn't hear it until I bought her box set. I think you'll like it, too, R143, and the pleasure will not be guilty.

by Anonymousreply 146January 31, 2013 10:26 PM

The Ronstadt fans on DL are over-the-top rabid, some are completely bonkers. Just like the Kate Bush fans who post here, Ronstadt's fans feel everything she does is brilliant. If anyone comes to a thread to critique her, you are immediately trashed.

I made an intelligent point re singer/songwriter Elvis Costello not enjoying Ronstadt's versions of his songs, then he's attacked as being an "ugly turd"? Bizarre, juvenile and typical.

At least Costello is a brilliant and extremely talented songwriter, many here might not enjoy his voice, but there is no denying his songwriting ability and the fact that he's a very prolific songwriter. How many brilliant and memorable songs has Ronstadt written?

Unlike Ronstadt, who seemed to have simply dabbled in other types of music, Elvis Costello has seriously worked in many genres of music. He's worked with and written songs with Burt Bachrach, Allen Toussaint, The Jazz Passengers, Los Lobos, The Brodsky Quartet and, well, too many others to list. He's even recorded traditional English folk music.

Costello has definitely worked in many musical genres compared to Ronstadt who hasn't embraced much except rock, big band, mariachi and folk. Ronstadt has never expanded her musical repertoire as Costello has.

The best argument her fans here can come up with is that Costello is "ugly"? If you have NO clue about his music, then don't comment on it.

ANY discussion about ANY subject needs to have valid information about BOTH sides for it to be an actual discussion. It's clear Linda's rabid fans here are not all that familiar with Costello's music, let alone the other musicians who have also recorded Cat Steven's "The First Cut Is the Deepest". PP Arnold's version was also pretty damn great, but I am pretty sure many here have not even heard of her!

To bring up Costello's looks is absurd, we are talking about MUSIC here...not his looks. Nowhere in MY post did I bring up that Linda is now obese.

Ronstadt's most bizarre collaboration, which I'm sure most of the people in this thread are not even aware of, was her singing on avant-garde jazz composer Carla Bley's "Escalator Over The Hill" album, which was recorded in the late 60s/early 70s. Cream's Jack Bruce also sang on this three LP set, the rest of the musicians were from the world of free jazz music.

by Anonymousreply 147February 1, 2013 5:20 AM

She retired from singing to pursue a career as the Stay-Puff marshellow man.

by Anonymousreply 148February 1, 2013 5:27 AM

Her cover of Desperado is fantastic. I also love the haunting "Goodbye My Friend." I don't understand the hate for Linda here, but don't really care.

by Anonymousreply 149February 1, 2013 5:29 AM

I know the album "Get Closer" was the begining of the end-but it's the one I turn to most of all her albums.

by Anonymousreply 150February 1, 2013 6:49 AM

R147 There are actually people who find Costello's bleat one of the less attractive musical sounds in the world, regardless of how well he may write songs.

And the fact that Elvis is a better songwriter than Linda is irrelevant, because except for one song on "Hasten down the Wind," Linda isn't a songwriter. You're comparing apples to fried squid. Or basketballs. Or turnpike tolls.

I didn’t truly hate Elvis Costello, however, until 1999 or so, when I heard him ruin Brian Wilson’s "You Still Believe in Me," talking over the ah-ahs (the best part of the song in the Beach Boys' original version). You should listen to it. Here's a link.

I can't stand it when people feel they have to bring him up in a Linda Ronstadt thread with their inevitable "Elvis Hated the Way Linda Sang His Songs" commentary. If you want to yammer on about the Prince of Punk, start an Elvis Costello thread. Diss Linda there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151February 1, 2013 3:09 PM

R147 said: “I made an intelligent point re singer/songwriter Elvis Costello not enjoying Ronstadt's versions of his songs”

No, you didn’t make "an intelligent point," R147. What you said in R117 was “Ronstadt torturing the Elvis Costello songs she recorded.”

“Torturing” is “intelligent”?

by Anonymousreply 152February 1, 2013 5:47 PM

“I made an intelligent point re singer/songwriter Elvis Costello not enjoying Ronstadt's versions of his songs”

No, you didn’t make "an intelligent point," R147. What you said in [R117] was “Ronstadt torturing the Elvis Costello songs she recorded.” “Torturing” is “intelligent"?"

Is reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Yes, I think Linda Ronstadt tortured Costello's songs, so sue me. That was MY opinion, not Costello's words. This is what I mean about her rabid DL fans foaming at the mouth when others comment.

I was never a fan of her overly loud singing. I enjoyed her work when she was with The Stone Poneys, when she became very famous, not so much.

What's not intelligent about a comment by a person who loves all types of contemporary music, and who has worked in the music business, to give their opinion on a singer torturing a songwriter's music?

A lot of songwriters music can be covered by many different types of singers, Dylan and Leonard Cohen come to mind, perhaps Costello's music simply cannot be covered as well as he does his own songs.

I also commented that Costello didn't enjoy her versions of his songs because she simply had no idea what she was singing about. That was a FACT, not my opinion.

Costello has burned many bridges during his career, I have no idea if he ever approached Linda after he made those comments. Perhaps he approached her with a song he wrote specifically for her, I have no idea.

On Costello's cable TV show, I was shocked he had The Police on as guests and he also performed with them.

Costello never liked Sting, it bordered on hatred, much in the same way Sting hated Springsteen because Sting initially thought Springsteen was a Right Winger! Sting misinterpreted Springsteen's lyrics, image and politics. Now Springsteen and Sting are the best of friends.

I guess some things get lost in translation, also, most people do grow up. Ronstadt fans also have to realize Costello was in his 'Angry Young Man' period when he dissed Ronstadt. He was also fucking Bebe Buell at the time and being involved with that lunatic had to mess with any rockers head!

by Anonymousreply 153February 2, 2013 4:57 AM

"As a sidenote, DYK that Linda's sister was married to Mikal Gilmore, brother of Gary. He used to beat the shit out of her."

Is this also the same Mikal Gilmore who was a music journalist? He used to work mainly for Rolling Stone.

by Anonymousreply 154February 2, 2013 4:59 AM

Ronstadt's sister is also super fat now and was the inspiration for that "Someone left a cake in the rain" (can't think of the song). Wait, it's "McCarthur Park".

by Anonymousreply 155February 2, 2013 5:41 AM

"McCarthur Park" was sung by actor Richard Harris and IIRC written by Jimmy Webb.

Was Linda's sister involved with either of them, both?

by Anonymousreply 156February 2, 2013 6:28 AM

elderlez thread

by Anonymousreply 157February 2, 2013 6:30 AM

r156 yes the sister was involved with Jimmy Webb, not Richard Harris.

by Anonymousreply 158February 2, 2013 9:11 AM

R147/R153 makes another "intelligent point," IOW blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.

Take it to an Elvis Costello thread, you Elvis Costello sycophant.

by Anonymousreply 159February 2, 2013 12:15 PM

What's sad is that Elvis C is a bit funny looking (a look he heightened for effect back when he used New Wave to break through) and probably would not be allowed to have a career today, except maybe behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 160February 2, 2013 1:08 PM

"I looked it up. Nesmith, as usual, hokes it up and turns it into a joke.

Ronstadt made it a radio classic.'

He didn't turn it into a joke, you nitwit. You just don't get it. His version was COUNTRY, not POP. It's more effective as a country song.

Ronstadt's version is annoyingly cutesy. And she sounds ridiculous singing "now I ain't saying you ain't pretty."

by Anonymousreply 161February 2, 2013 4:39 PM

"The definitive remake of this song is by Rod Stewart, recorded in 1977."

No, no, no. Linda's was the definitive remake."

Like hell it was. Rod Stewart's version was much better.

If Linda Ronstadt put out an album consisting of her farts and burps you'd find it brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 162February 2, 2013 4:41 PM

Heart Like a Pork Rind

by Anonymousreply 163February 2, 2013 5:14 PM

I am from Tucson and while most residents know that the Spanish pronunciation would be tuk-SONE, no one says it that way unless they are speaking Spanish...and that's fine because THE WORD ISN'T SPANISH! There are several ideas of its origin but it is not a Spanish word.

Linda may or may not live here much but she will always have ties here. The Ronstadts were in Tucson before the border moved, making it part of the U.S., and are a big name in the region's history. Her brother was Chief of Police for the better part of my younger years.

by Anonymousreply 164February 2, 2013 6:27 PM

If Linda isn't your cup of tea, fine. But get a few things straight.

Linda is one of the most eclectic and versatile female vocalists ever. The fact that she has dabbled in so many genres and is able to pull them off is great. Again, it may not be your cup of tea, but to deny she doesn't have talent makes you look like a fool:

Opera with La Boheme.

Traditional broadway theater with Pirates, for which she was nominated for a Tony award.

Big band standards with Nelson Riddle and jazz music with a small combo.

Mariachi music (for which she won a grammy and Emmy award) and latin jazz.

Phillip Glass music.

Cajun with Ann Savoy

Appalachian folk tunes with Emmylou and Dolly.

Children's lullabies

Early fifties rock and roll and doo wop.

New wave.

All of this in addition to her rock and roll albums of the seventies.

In addition, she has produced an album of traditional glass armonica music, as well as pop albums by Aaron Neville and Jimmy Webb.

Elvis is good, but his comments at the time were done to maintain his punk image. He even cops to it now.

And if you want to talk about limited, get into the woman he married, who has to be the most overrated "jazz" artist out there. Next to Buble of course. Remaking every song at a funeral pace with a monotone voice is not great. It's not even jazz. If Elvis is that great of an artist, he should clearly tell her that.

by Anonymousreply 165February 2, 2013 6:44 PM

A lovely response, R165.

I just downloaded, and am listening to, a bunch of Linda's albums that Amazon sent me for free. It comprises every CD I've ever bought from them that's now part of their AutoRip program. You buy an AutoRip CD, you get a CD and an automatic download to Amazon Cloud, which I then play in iTunes.

Thanks, Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 166February 2, 2013 8:40 PM

What [165] said.

by Anonymousreply 167February 2, 2013 9:23 PM

[R165] Please add her duets with Rosemary Clooney to your list

by Anonymousreply 168February 2, 2013 9:35 PM

Also:

* Randy Newman's Faust

* "Diamonds on Her Shoes" from Paul Simon's Graceland.

* lots with Andrew Gold, esp. "Lonely Boy," "Heartaches in Heartaches" and "Love Hurts"

* Hoyt Axton's "When the Morning Comes"

Here's a list of all her guest appearances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169February 2, 2013 9:54 PM

"His version was COUNTRY"

Honey, I know country, and just putting on a hokey twang does NOT make you country.

by Anonymousreply 170February 2, 2013 11:09 PM

Years ago I worked in a hotel in Baltimore when she was there. The band partied hard because the "boogie flag was up" and they drank a shit load of beer and smoked 420 all night. Friends on the housekeeping staff told me Linda used to like to get laid by very young boys and would sneak them into her room in the middle of the night, get laid sometimes in a 3 some, and they had to leave by 6 AM. Some of these guys were like high school aged; she prefered very young looking well hung latin boys. Supposedly she was also into DP sex. She always fucked bare back so it was no wonder if she got knocked up a few times. The son of one of the housekeepers told me he also banged her and he was a freshman in high school at the time; told me he made her cum multiple times and she had a large unshaved untrimmed bush.

She was a stone fox in her prime and any normal guy would have loved to fuck her. I am now a 64 yo f, but would have gone down on her years ago if there had been an opportunity. She still has a nice voice but her once slender hot bod has changed a lot in 40 years, but who hasn't?

by Anonymousreply 171February 11, 2013 10:50 AM

Why do we care about this cunt? Which cunt bumped this thread?

by Anonymousreply 172February 11, 2013 10:58 AM

R82 no it's not. It's better than Hell on Earth or Phoenix though. ;)

Linda is either bisexual or lesbian. Jerry Brown is a closet queen but everyone's known that for decades.

by Anonymousreply 173March 2, 2013 6:06 AM

Linda from 2009, serving Ina Garten realness. She has wonderful skin for her age -- she could look great again if she'd lose the weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 9, 2013 10:34 PM

She has a beautiful voice and was/is a great singer. She was also very good-looking in her prime. She seems to be sort of shrill and pushy with unpopular opinions but it doesn't take away from her talent which is considerable. Just because you dont share her political opinions doesnt make her dumb.

by Anonymousreply 175July 8, 2013 1:57 AM

It's So Easy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 8, 2013 2:02 AM

Tumbling Dice from 1977

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 8, 2013 2:07 AM

I'm so upset that she has Parkinson's. I'm locking the door and putting her Greatest Hits Vol 1 & 2 LPs on repeat. I don't even care if my mascara runs.

by Anonymousreply 178August 24, 2013 12:36 AM

What's this about Parkinson's?

by Anonymousreply 179August 24, 2013 12:46 AM

Damn, that's sad news. Wonder if all the coke she did back in the day had anything to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 180August 24, 2013 12:47 AM

[bold] Linda Ronstadt Reveals She Has Parkinson’s Disease [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 24, 2013 5:15 PM

Opinions about performances and recordings are certainly part of freedom of expression; vicious personal attacks about appearance and weight and personal and private parts of Ms. Ronstadt's life are un-called for and are repugnant. During this time of personal difficulty and stress, expressions of appreciation and support are what is in order - not more personal attacks. Let us hope that with the love and affection of her family and close friends that she is able to cope with this challenge and live with grace and dignity knowing that she has brought a great deal of joy, happiness and entertainment to so many over the years.

by Anonymousreply 182August 26, 2013 11:26 AM

[quote]vicious personal attacks about appearance and weight and personal and private parts of Ms. Ronstadt's life are un-called for and are repugnant

Oh please. Go fuck yourself, you dried-up old cunt!

by Anonymousreply 183August 26, 2013 4:22 PM

I recall when she moved to San Francisco but then just disappeared. I thought sh had moved on. Yoko Ono did the same at one point but didn't stay.

by Anonymousreply 184August 26, 2013 5:26 PM

Where was she when she got the Tick bite? Arizona is not known for being Lyme country but Northern California, especially towards Humboldt, has some pretty scary stats.

by Anonymousreply 185August 26, 2013 5:28 PM

Japanese knotweed is used to help with Lyme disease.

by Anonymousreply 186August 26, 2013 5:34 PM

It is true that Linda has Parkinson's disease. She announced it publicly via the AARP website, in an interview to be published. Go to www.aarp.org to read the interview.

I agree with Tom, she needs our love and support at this most difficult time. She states in the article that she is no longer able to sing, which has to be extremely difficult for her to cope with. Much of this forum has been highly critical of Linda. Nobody here has any right to judge her, or anyone else for that matter, since you weren't there, and are only basing your ridiculous comments on hearsay.

by Anonymousreply 187September 2, 2013 9:25 PM

Was her vocal on "Different Drum" the freshest American voice ever?

by Anonymousreply 188October 10, 2014 8:08 PM

I think she was not yet at her peak when she did DD.

by Anonymousreply 189October 10, 2014 8:13 PM

dumber

by Anonymousreply 190December 8, 2017 4:52 PM

How glad to see the Bump Bitch is nothing but a Bump Bitch. I'm always afraid I'm going to read Linda just died when one of these ancient threads (2014? Seriously?) is resurrected Stenbecklike from the dead.

by Anonymousreply 191December 8, 2017 5:45 PM

She seems extremely sweet? Has she got Parkinson's?

by Anonymousreply 192December 31, 2019 1:59 AM

I can understand her attraction to Jerry Brown. He was attractive. And smart and articulate. He was educated. He had manners. He was neat; he wore SUITS. And TIES. Definitely a cut above all those slovenly, druggie musicians who were her usual companions. And he wasn't a pussy hound, either (and no, that doesn't make him gay), unlike her musician friends. As she once said about them "they're not the most trustworthy lot." At any rate, they had a relationship that lasted for some time. They both knew it wouldn't be permanent, but they remain friends to this day. She was really into him back in the day. There's a photo of them together where she's looking at him and grinning from ear to ear. She looked like she wanted to eat him up.

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2019 2:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!