Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Kittens!

I am happy to report that my husband and I are adopting two beautiful Bengal kittens!

We will take delivery of them early next month.

Any tips, suggestions, or advice will be welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2024 11:52 AM

Dollface thread.

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2024 9:39 PM

Are they rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2024 9:39 PM

But are they two beautiful Bengal rescue kittens?

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2024 9:40 PM

They are beautiful, but you must treat them carefully, because they can be rather ferocious, tgey are mix between domestic and wild cat.

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2024 9:44 PM

I am tgey.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2024 9:45 PM

Hi, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2024 9:45 PM

"Any tips, suggestions, or advice will be welcomed."

Have you thought of stuffing them, and a few bricks, into an old Laura Ashley pillowcase, tying up the end with a strong rustic twine and heaving it off the Longfellow Bridge into that dirty, dirty water?

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2024 9:45 PM

Were they shivering when you found them?

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote] Hi, Greg.

Hello, R6.

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote] Are they rescue cats?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2024 9:51 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2024 9:51 PM

[quote] They are beautiful, but you must treat them carefully, because they can be rather ferocious, tgey are mix between domestic and wild cat.

Thank you for that, R4.

I am so excited to receive them!

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote] Were they shivering when you found them?

No, R8.

I’ve met them only on Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2024 9:53 PM

Congratulations! They're beautiful animals. After a life of cats, I'd advise never start on commercial cat food. Feed them the protein you eat, chicken and fish etc. and they'll thrive. They like greens, you can plant little kits for them to bite the sprouts. You'll need to be home a lot to guard your furniture until they learn the ropes. Get a cat tower, maybe put up a swing. Enjoy!

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2024 9:54 PM

They’ll make lovely hats…

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote] Have you thought of stuffing them, and a few bricks, into an old Laura Ashley pillowcase, tying up the end with a strong rustic twine and heaving it off the Longfellow Bridge into that dirty, dirty water?

No, R7.

I’ve spent far too much money on them to do such a thing.

And I wouldn’t be caught dead with Laura Ashley pillowcases.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2024 9:55 PM

[quote] Congratulations! They're beautiful animals. After a life of cats, I'd advise never start on commercial cat food. Feed them the protein you eat, chicken and fish etc. and they'll thrive. They like greens, you can plant little kits for them to bite the sprouts. You'll need to be home a lot to guard your furniture until they learn the ropes. Get a cat tower, maybe put up a swing. Enjoy!

Thank you, R14!

I’m interested in the plant kits you mention.

We are home a lot. I work remotely quite often and my husband is retired and is home all day.

I’ma bit fearful of the furniture. I’m going to order some of those plastic claw covers for their paws.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2024 9:59 PM

R17 what, this is animal abuse.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2024 10:01 PM

"We will take delivery of them early next month."

Beware! After a most rambunctious carriage ride, kittens can expel their vile contents with great vigor, scattering their spewtum and excrementa hither and thither in a most grotesque and odious manner.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2024 10:02 PM

R13 So you didn't really rescue them?

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2024 10:05 PM

You can plant your own sprouts too, but Chewy.com has good little kits. Their own scratching tower will discourage the furniture being scratched, but they understand "no" and avoiding the furniture eventually. You might wrap some things in plastic temporarily. I have no experience with claw covers. Remember that litter box makes them want to self- wash their feet and that claw covers might be problematic for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2024 10:06 PM

[quote] So you didn't really rescue them?

Well, it’s not like they were drowning or experiencing cardiac arrest.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote] Beware! After a most rambunctious carriage ride, kittens can expel their vile contents with great vigor, scattering their spewtum and excrementa hither and thither in a most grotesque and odious manner.

Oh, dear.

1. Sputum

2. Excrement

I sincerely hope that my kittens are better spellers than you.

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2024 10:28 PM

[quote] [R17] what, this is animal abuse.

This is nothing like animal abuse, R18.

These cats will have a better quality of life than most of the posters on DL.

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2024 10:31 PM

Watch These Playful Bengal Kittens Grow Up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2024 10:32 PM

Back when I had cats (I always used to say, "Everyone on my house has a pet: I have a dog, the dog has a cat, and the cat has a fish"), when I got them (young from various "cat ladies"), I cut their little nails with people nail clippers. They didn't seem to mind it, and even when they got older, I was able to do it easily.

I also cut my dogs' nails.

Gotta start when they're young.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2024 10:42 PM

You are worse than Putin R26

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2024 10:45 PM

and then there were 3 pussies in Greg's house.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2024 10:49 PM

There are sprays you can buy that makes the edges of furniture less attractive to cats; they don’t like the smell. I’ve never used them, though, so I don’t know how well they work.

It might be better to have furniture shields, and make the scratching post attractive with catnip, redirecting them there if they start to scratch the furniture (positive reinforcement rather than negative deterrent). 🤔

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2024 10:59 PM

Have you had spelling kittens previously?

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2024 11:14 PM

[quote] Have you had spelling kittens previously?

I have not.

I did, however, have a Jack Russell who was good at math.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2024 11:19 PM

I never got a cat I didn't rescue from the pound. How sad that you decided to go the Kitty Mill route. Their parents are probably brother and sister and the cats will have unseen defects until they start showing signs within 6 months..

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote] How sad that you decided to go the Kitty Mill route.

Save your tears, I didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2024 11:24 PM

If at this point, when they are about to arrive, if you are asking advice, you shouldn't have adopted Bengals. You should have stuck with an orange tabby.

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2024 11:28 PM

[quote] If at this point, when they are about to arrive, if you are asking advice, you shouldn't have adopted Bengals. You should have stuck with an orange tabby.

Oh, okay.

Next time I’ll check with you.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2024 11:29 PM

I haven’t had cats since I was a kid. I don’t think I ever heard about deliberately providing greens — I thought cats were strict carnivores. Do they just pick at sprouts etc. out of curiosity, or does it help loosen hairballs / have some other benefit?

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2024 11:36 PM

Try a spray bottle of water rather than the fake nails. They will learn quickly .

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2024 11:42 PM

What else are you happy to report? How are your hemorrhoids?

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2024 11:43 PM

Prunes away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2024 11:44 PM

Are they kittens with a whip?

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2024 11:47 PM

[quote] What else are you happy to report?

That you are an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2024 11:59 PM

Bengal cats are beyond “feral” - they are demons who destroy, maim, or kill anything in their path.

You might want to break out your Chinese cookbook for ways to prepare these little monsters into something more palatable.

by Anonymousreply 42February 9, 2024 12:02 AM

Oh, dear Greg. SO many wonderful kittens need homes for free.

by Anonymousreply 43February 9, 2024 12:03 AM

Well, these cats needed a home.

Do you object that I’m paying for them?

Not sure what difference that makes to the cats.

by Anonymousreply 44February 9, 2024 12:06 AM

Do they have registration papers? In Massachusetts, they have to have them.

[quote] Massachusetts

[quote]To own a Bengal cat in Massachusetts, the cat must be “registered with a nationally or internationally recognized breeding association or registry that certifies that pedigree to be without any wild felid parentage for three generations.”

by Anonymousreply 45February 9, 2024 12:10 AM

Yes, R45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 9, 2024 12:13 AM

I’d love an Abyssinian cat. Gorgeous cat.

by Anonymousreply 47February 9, 2024 12:13 AM

R41 Playing with Greg is a bit like playing with a cat.

by Anonymousreply 48February 9, 2024 12:49 AM

[quote] Playing with Greg is a bit like playing with a cat.

True.

A very clever and tasteful cat.

by Anonymousreply 49February 9, 2024 1:08 AM

Yes, next time I would like you to check with me. I mean you're checking with everybody on this board. I'm no Greg hater. I've enjoyed some of your posts. However, judging from you own posts your fastidiousness about your cooking, garden, house, etc. . The first time these cats act out their true nature, probably the first day, you are going to have to go to the ER to be defibrillated. There are reasons there are tons of cats like these and Husky dogs are up for adoption. People thought it would be cute to get one without knowing anything about the breed. Good luck and if you did rescue them your heart is kind of in the right place. It just doesn't know what it is doing. Have you gone on YouTube to watch these cats in a home?

by Anonymousreply 50February 9, 2024 2:06 AM

[quote] They are beautiful, but you must treat them carefully, because they can be rather ferocious, tgey are mix between domestic and wild cat.

Nonsense, they’re no more “ferocious” than any other cat and generally love people, and are confident and get along well with dogs too. I had two Bengals, now just one and couldn’t imagine living with another breed. They are very active though and you need to play with them. Good to have two as playmates.

by Anonymousreply 51February 9, 2024 2:17 AM

[quote] Bengal cats are beyond “feral” - they are demons who destroy, maim, or kill anything in their path. … The first time these cats act out their true nature, probably the first day, you are going to have to go to the ER to be defibrillated.

Oh, shit.

Maybe I should put that rescue baby on hold.

by Anonymousreply 52February 9, 2024 4:18 AM

I have a friend who runs a Bengal rescue- check out her Facebook page Weekly Whiskers. She's wonderful & a great resource for Bengals as they arent normal cats- you gotta keep them engaged or they will go wild on you & you cant get them back once they go wild. Good luck, they are beautiful cats!!

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2024 4:44 AM

It's so sad in that video how the people broke up the 4 kittens from her mother. But that adopting lady with the matching Bengal coat is a worry.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2024 4:50 AM

Right.

She may need a muff.

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2024 5:03 AM

Greg, I said one wrong thing. We do keep one commercial product, those little Temptations treats. I've never seen any negative dietary effects from them, they love them and it's a bonding experience with them to get a little treat daily. I was # r21 and r14 upthread.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2024 10:17 AM

Do you speak Bengali? How are you going to communicate with them?

by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2024 10:22 AM

They are indeed beautiful cats. I’ve only ever met one in person. A friend had one and she treated it like a regular cat, and he did start to become unmanageable. She had to rehome him. I thought about taking him, but I didn’t think he’d jibe with my two garden variety cats. (yes, they are RESCUES)

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2024 11:36 AM

R21 I'll plant my own sprouts and I'll make them grow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2024 11:44 AM

R53 But are they rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2024 11:47 AM

Long time Burmese owner here - just give them heaps of love and it will be returned in spades.

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2024 11:54 AM

We'd better get pictures!

I recommend this scratching post, it took my cat a few months to get into it but now she leaves the sofa alone.

I'm not sure whether you'd need two scratching posts with two cats, they might get territorial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2024 12:02 PM

A pair of Bengalis, Greg? Does your parole officer know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 9, 2024 12:04 PM

Has anyone asked if they're rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 64February 9, 2024 12:06 PM

Oh, Greg. A pair of Bengalis will smash your Lladro and your Hummels and claw at the floral wallpaper border behind the barcart. They'll shit on your caftans and piss on the Werther's in your matching Precious Moments candy dishes. Move those Madame Alexandre dolls now!

by Anonymousreply 65February 9, 2024 12:06 PM

R55 It's called a mussy around here.

by Anonymousreply 66February 9, 2024 12:07 PM

😴😴😴

by Anonymousreply 67February 9, 2024 12:07 PM

R55 A rescue muff?

by Anonymousreply 68February 9, 2024 12:08 PM

I don't know why... but I thought Greg's house would be totally muff free.

by Anonymousreply 69February 9, 2024 12:09 PM

Here's a good New England catnip brand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 9, 2024 12:10 PM

[quote]These cats will have a better quality of life than most of the posters on DL.

I believe you but sometimes you're such a cunt Greg/R24.

by Anonymousreply 71February 9, 2024 12:14 PM

So your place is just going to smell even worse, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 72February 9, 2024 12:14 PM

[quote] So your place is just going to smell even worse, Greg?

R72, I think it's time for you to start acting like a man.

As most people might assume, my place smells very fresh.

It's a bit of an obsession.

I have air purifiers, routinely open windows to air out rooms, even in winter. Trash is taken out every night even if the bag is not full. And I have a very good ventilation system in my kitchens because I don't like the houses smelling of food.

I don't like artificial scents or things like scented candles.

But I do very much like a fresh-smelling home and that will not change.

Now what would make you think that my homes smell bad?

by Anonymousreply 73February 9, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote] I believe you but sometimes you're such a cunt Greg/[R24].

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 74February 9, 2024 2:30 PM

R73 " I think it's time for you to start acting like a man. " What could this mean to a man who is squealing about kittens?

You are too fat, effeminate, weak, pompous, hollow, unattractive and dim-witted for that gesture.

by Anonymousreply 75February 9, 2024 5:10 PM

R73 "my place smells very fresh"

You are referring to the place you live in, not a place on your body, correct, Greg? I once knew a artist who asked if I wanted to see her "area".

by Anonymousreply 76February 9, 2024 5:15 PM

[quote] You are too fat, effeminate, weak, pompous, hollow, unattractive and dim-witted for that gesture.

Not fat.

Not effeminate.

Not weak.

Pompous? Maybe.

Not hollow.

Not unattractive.

Not dim-witted.

by Anonymousreply 77February 9, 2024 5:25 PM

Kittehs.

by Anonymousreply 78February 9, 2024 5:25 PM

[quote]Their own scratching tower will discourage the furniture being scratched, but they understand "no" and avoiding the furniture eventually.

Fat chance! I have a small floor scratcher (in addition to a tower) and pick it up for the cat to scratch on. She then gets rewarded with kisses (no food). It helps, but the cat still scratches the furniture. They want to be where you are, so if you sit on the couch, they want to scratch it. Scratching is necessary, they're not trying to piss you off.

by Anonymousreply 79February 9, 2024 5:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80February 9, 2024 5:35 PM

^ Tony Woodard has entered the room.

by Anonymousreply 81February 9, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote] I’ma bit fearful of the furniture. I’m going to order some of those plastic claw covers for their paws.

hahahahhahahahahahahahaha! you're going to have to post a video of you trying to do that to a Bengal kitten. Your face is going to be shred to ribbons.

by Anonymousreply 82February 9, 2024 6:06 PM

[quote] hahahahhahahahahahahahaha! you're going to have to post a video of you trying to do that to a Bengal kitten. Your face is going to be shred to ribbons.

Don't be silly.

I've already arranged with my veterinarian to do it every five or six weeks.

My face will remain intactus.

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2024 6:59 PM

Greg -

Or you could take a page out of Joan Crawford's playbook and get Plastic Slipcovers for your furniture!

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2024 7:03 PM

The other option offered by my veterinarian is a sedative like Gabapentin or Trazodone.

I also may try this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2024 7:03 PM

Kmart still exists?

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2024 7:33 PM

I don't know, R86.

If I get one of those, I will get it from Amazon.

I linked to Kmart because DL won't take an attachment from Amazon.

Pretty cool though, isn't it?!

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2024 8:44 PM

Yes, they are rescue cats?

No, they are not rescue cats?

Not that it really matters to me.

I just like to know.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2024 8:55 PM

Cats are such exquisitely sensitive creatures, deeply attuned with their surroundings. Greg, do you fear that they might be less appreciative knowing that they are not rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2024 8:58 PM

R86

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2024 9:02 PM

Adopt. Don’t shop.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2024 9:28 PM

If you have expensive taste in furniture, get ready to replace them with ones from Target or IKEA.

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] If you have expensive taste in furniture, get ready to replace them with ones from Target or IKEA.

Never.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote] Pretty cool though, isn't it?!

‘Tis.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote] Greg, do you fear that they might be less appreciative knowing that they are not rescue cats?

As I've already said, they are rescue cats.

I am not concerned about the level of their appreciation.

What I am concerned with is providing them with a comfortable, happy, loving, and fun life.

I am good at those things and feel confident that these cats and I will get on well with each other.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2024 10:52 PM

Well if you aren't going to give me grandkids.......

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2024 10:54 PM

R95 "As I've already said, they are rescue cats."

When you say "rescue cats" what exactly does that mean, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2024 11:00 PM

Why don't you tell us what that means to you, R97.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2024 11:01 PM

[quote] Oh, Greg. A pair of Bengalis will smash your Lladro and your Hummels and claw at the floral wallpaper border behind the barcart. They'll shit on your caftans and piss on the Werther's in your matching Precious Moments candy dishes. Move those Madame Alexandre dolls now!

Oh, R65, you are really quite the lady.

I believe you are confusing me with Nicolas Fairford (née Nicholas Burden).

I neither possess nor like any of the things you mention.

Mr. Fairford may have what I like to call "aunty taste"—but I do not.

My taste in interior decoration is entirely different.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2024 11:08 PM

Bengal cats have a genetic disease of the heart. You'll need to take them to the vet to be checked out regularly.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2024 11:15 PM

Yes, thank you, R100.

I have a great veterinarian. He even will make house calls when necessary.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2024 11:19 PM

R99 I'd love to hear more about your taste in interior decoration, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2024 11:27 PM

R99 I don't know who Nicolas Fairford is but he certainly has had a major impact on you! I will get to know his work better.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2024 11:37 PM

He has had zero impact on me.

I only started hearing about him on DL, where he receives quite a bit of attention.

He is a nice man, I think, but a bit fey for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2024 11:42 PM

R104 Ah, well, maybe you brought him up for a reason you can't now recall.

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2024 11:48 PM

R104 Perhaps he keeps kittens?

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote]R16 I’ve spent far too much money on them to do such a thing.

Why was it so important to you to have a flashy purebred (which will always find a home) rather than adopt a stray that’s truly in need?

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2024 11:52 PM

Sad,

These cats are rescue cats.

Why are you so quick to judge?

Very unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2024 11:58 PM

Please don't mess with their claws. Would *you* like to be forced to wear Lee Press-on Nails in tacky colors?

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2024 12:01 AM

R108 I don't think that they are actual rescue cats in the true sense of the word, Greg. But you will love them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2024 12:02 AM

Please don't feed them your macaroni salad, Greg!

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2024 12:03 AM

R109 Fuck off. I feel naked without them.

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2024 12:07 AM

R109 Jungle Red

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2024 12:11 AM

R98 You are one tossing the term around, Greg. You claim to be taking delivery within a fortnight. What are they, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2024 12:21 AM

They are rescue cats.

Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2024 12:23 AM

I don’t really care what some of you think.

I think some of you are jealous that these two cats will have a higher quality of life than you ever will.

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2024 12:24 AM

Yes, you said that yesterday, Greggles.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2024 12:27 AM

R116 Not if they’re wearing those things on their fingertips, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2024 12:27 AM

R115 Did you climb a fire truck ladder at to the third floor to pull them out of a burning building? Did you untie them from railroad tracks while a steam locomotive was bearing down on them? Were they floating on an ice floe? On an antique biplane with a dead pilot? Trapped in a basement pit by a cannibal transvestite?

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2024 12:30 AM

What's your Plan B, just in case? Can you sell them back to the breeders within a certain window?

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2024 12:34 AM

The claw tips I’ve ordered are clear.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2024 12:35 AM

Will you have their testicles made into earrings?

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2024 12:40 AM

[quote]The claw tips I’ve ordered are clear.

What does that have to do with it? It's still animal abuse.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2024 12:57 AM

FYI, R121 I don't think rescue cats like clear claw tips.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2024 1:02 AM

You should name them Christina and Christopher like these two I took into my home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2024 1:07 AM

Scientific facts:

Cats tear the shit out of Ethan Allen and Pottery barn furniture - specifically the upholstered back panels.

Cats will mark Restoration Hardware sofas because they know they are snob purchases you regret.

You should purchase identical or complimentary fabric by the yard and reupholster back panels and arms as needed. You are home; you can tack up back panels. It’s therapeutic.

Also, wall mounted tvs can hold 50-75 pounds with good stud support. Cats under 12 pounds won’t cause a crash, but bengals will cause problems.

Also, figure out how to lock the freezer and refrigerator.

I now love that other people have pets.

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2024 1:22 AM

Will be interesting OP to see if they are very vocal in your home. A friend of mine had one many moons ago and he was very chatty. Best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2024 1:22 AM

Greg, have them declawed and then they'll be easier to sell if you decide you don't like them.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2024 1:38 AM

[quote]R115 They are rescue cats. Look it up.

Then how have you “spent far too much money on them”?

Did they need medical treatments you sprang for? Or are you rescuing them from actual Bengal?

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2024 1:51 AM

How much money did you spend on them?

by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2024 2:48 AM

I love that Greg's invented narratives are unraveling over the issue of rescue pets. It's a very Datalounge way to go out.

by Anonymousreply 131February 10, 2024 2:57 AM

Well if they're real, he can post pix when he gets them.

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2024 2:59 AM

I will not be posting photos of my cats.

You must be kidding.

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2024 4:28 AM

[quote] How much money did you spend on them?

Are you this crass in real life?

Around $1K.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2024 4:29 AM

R129, you might not know this, but one has to pay for rescue animals.

The rescue I am getting my cats from calls it a donation.

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2024 4:30 AM

[quote] Greg, have them declawed and then they'll be easier to sell if you decide you don't like them.

No.

by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2024 4:31 AM

[quote] Will be interesting OP to see if they are very vocal in your home. A friend of mine had one many moons ago and he was very chatty. Best of luck.

Thank you, R127.

I have friends with one and she is very chatty.

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2024 4:32 AM

[quote] Cats tear the shit out of Ethan Allen and Pottery barn furniture - specifically the upholstered back panels.

I don't have any Ethan Allen furniture. The very idea.

And if I did, I would invite the cat to tear the shit out of it.

Pottery Barn? Eh.

by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2024 4:35 AM

Congrats Greg, two new cats is fun.

by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2024 4:42 AM

R134 Ha. You're the one who brought up dropping a lot of money. But then I'm crass for asking how much. You pretentious asshole.

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2024 4:42 AM

[quote] two new cats is fun

Are!

by Anonymousreply 141February 10, 2024 4:42 AM

R140, All I said was that I wouldn't throw them into the Charles River because I spent so much money on them.

That's not crass.

The poster suggesting I throw them into the river? Crass.

You asking how much I spent? Crass.

by Anonymousreply 142February 10, 2024 4:45 AM

PS, R129

One also has to pay to have them delivered quite a distance.

by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2024 4:52 AM

[quote]R135 you might not know this, but one has to pay for rescue animals. The rescue I am getting my cats from calls it a donation.

[italic]Black market babies!

by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote]All I said was that I wouldn't throw them into the Charles River

Good thing they're not dogs.

by Anonymousreply 145February 10, 2024 5:05 AM

I would have had less paperwork to complete had I been adopting black market babies.

by Anonymousreply 146February 10, 2024 5:06 AM

[quote] Good thing they're not dogs.

True.

Everyone knows my penchant for drowning dogs.

by Anonymousreply 147February 10, 2024 5:07 AM

It was a fine day, just like all the other fine days.

OP exited his very bespoke spa room, skin aglow from renowned Masseuse Gavihdes restorative salmon and Chilean Sea Bass scale scrub.

OP dropped in on the children. It was their appointed zoom training lesson tailored to show them proper poise, tail whipping and North Atlantic Bengal vocalization.

Suddenly, the children pounced on OPs face chewing and swallowing ears and chinS, whilst spitting out fillers and it was good.

At least OP was surrounded by his obviously non-crass furniture.

by Anonymousreply 148February 10, 2024 5:18 AM

[quote] At least OP was surrounded by his obviously non-crass furniture.

Thank goodness for that.

by Anonymousreply 149February 10, 2024 5:22 AM

If I’m going to be attacked by my cats and left to die, I’d rather not be surrounded by Ethan Allen furniture in my final moments.

by Anonymousreply 150February 10, 2024 5:24 AM

What do you think their life expectancy will be once Greg's house smells like cat piss?

by Anonymousreply 151February 10, 2024 5:55 AM

[quote] What do you think their life expectancy will be once Greg's house smells like cat piss?

Guesses, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 152February 10, 2024 10:50 AM

It sucks that people look down on rescue cats.

by Anonymousreply 153February 10, 2024 10:57 AM

I agree, R153.

by Anonymousreply 154February 10, 2024 11:08 AM

Post a link to the rescue organization, please.

by Anonymousreply 155February 10, 2024 11:57 AM

[quote] Post a link to the rescue organization, please.

And why would I do that?

by Anonymousreply 156February 10, 2024 12:13 PM

R156 From where in Bengal were they rescued?

Have you considered feline Bengali cultural immersion programs so that they don't lose touch with their roots?

by Anonymousreply 157February 10, 2024 12:33 PM

Can they swim?

by Anonymousreply 158February 10, 2024 12:34 PM

Greg, please let us know when you get them and how the first week went.

by Anonymousreply 159February 10, 2024 12:37 PM

Purchase lavender blossoms, it will calm them.

by Anonymousreply 160February 10, 2024 12:57 PM

R160 Greg are you talking to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 161February 10, 2024 1:45 PM

What will you name them?

by Anonymousreply 162February 10, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote] What will you name them?

Good question!

We haven’t decided yet. One is male and one is female.

I’m open to suggestions!

by Anonymousreply 163February 10, 2024 2:16 PM

[quote] Purchase lavender blossoms, it will calm them.

Thanks for that suggestion, R160.

I will look into that.

by Anonymousreply 164February 10, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote] Greg, please let us know when you get them and how the first week went.

I certainly will, R159. Thank you!

🤞

by Anonymousreply 165February 10, 2024 2:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 10, 2024 2:19 PM

[quote] Can they swim?

I’m not sure, but I’m planning to sign them up for swimming lessons.

by Anonymousreply 167February 10, 2024 2:21 PM

How will you keep them off the barcart? The combination of marshmallow-flavored vodka and store brand crème de menthe drives Bengalis wild.

by Anonymousreply 168February 10, 2024 2:23 PM

That will not be a problem, R168, since I do not possess a bar cart.

Nor would I ever allow marshmallow-flavored vodka on my bar—Ketel One is my vodka of choice.

And crème de menthe—store brand or otherwise—is anathema.

by Anonymousreply 169February 10, 2024 2:28 PM

Can you post a picture when you get them?

Congrats Greg.

by Anonymousreply 170February 10, 2024 2:29 PM

Is it true that a Bengali helicopter plucked them from the top of a burning Hindu temple just seconds before it collapsed?

by Anonymousreply 171February 10, 2024 2:48 PM

Thank you, R170!

by Anonymousreply 172February 10, 2024 3:01 PM

[quote] Is it true that a Bengali helicopter plucked them from the top of a burning Hindu temple just seconds before it collapsed?

Yes.

Literally seconds.

by Anonymousreply 173February 10, 2024 3:02 PM

So they really are rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 174February 10, 2024 3:04 PM

Really?

by Anonymousreply 175February 10, 2024 3:04 PM

Greg, really?

by Anonymousreply 176February 10, 2024 3:05 PM

Greg what kind of things do you like sexually? Top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 177February 10, 2024 3:24 PM

[quote] So they really are rescue cats?

So they tell me.

by Anonymousreply 178February 10, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote] Greg what kind of things do you like sexually? Top or bottom?

Why do you ask?

by Anonymousreply 179February 10, 2024 3:31 PM

Because I'm interested to know R179. I think a lot of people would be.

by Anonymousreply 180February 10, 2024 3:32 PM

R180 Are you suggesting that Greg only rescues cats if he can have sex with them?

by Anonymousreply 181February 10, 2024 3:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 10, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote] Are you suggesting that Greg only rescues cats if he can have sex with them?

It’s been years since I’ve done that.

Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 183February 10, 2024 3:47 PM

I've had 4 adult rescue Bengals, nothing like what everyone describing here.

Install baby locks on the cabinets, do not leave any food unattended for a minute, even on the stove. My cats even liked bagged sourdough bread, so I had to store it in the microwave or freeze it. One guy used to chomp into ripe avocados (the skin is lethal to them) and carry it around like a prize. Even packaged things can be torn into- you'll need a plastic storage container if you're feeding them dry food.

You'll need 3 litter boxes (the rule is 1 per cat + 1 extra).

Most likely they'll be very vocal, so get used to it. They love to announce when they're going to the bathroom, that they are going, and that they are done. Hopefully you don't get night time singers.

Get a cat wheel and train them early.

Put the scratching post right next to the end of the arm of the sofa or chair (or whereever they're clawing), and every time they try to claw the end, give them a stern "no" (or blow in their face, they hate that), immediately put their paws on the post, make scratching noises with your own nails, and praise them. Rinse, lather, repeat until they do it on their own. You can even give treats (most of them are very food oriented) to expedite the process. No cat will want to go to a scratching post in a corner of the room. Also double sided sticky tape is effective.

Make sure you double check anything that closes (refrigerator, washer, dryer, closets, oven, drawers, cabinets, etc) before you close it. Many sad tales of suffocated cats that snuck in before the owner closed the doors. Also always be aware of the possible front door dash/sneak when entering or leaving.

They are very smart, athletic cats, and it's good that you're getting two, but they'll figure out things together- if your door has a handle, they'll figure that out, or opening drawers. Mine has even figured out how to open tupperware.

You'll have to play with them for at least 30 minutes before bedtime to wear them out, so they don't sing the song of their people or jump all over you at night.

Do not be surprised if they venture into the bathtub/shower/sink with water in it. A lot of Bengys like water. Also since they're crossed with the Asiatic Leopard Cat (who loves high places), they will jump on top of bookcases, shelves, climb curtains, or the top of the door and hang out. So I would recommend building a lot of vertical space for them- I hacked a bunch of Ikea shelves in different widths all around my apartment, and they use them all the time. I did put a cork surface on them, so it's not slippery.

They'll also need a high protein, low or no grain diet.

Bengals are special cats, gorgeous and very dog like- I taught my 13 and 9 year olds dog tricks: sit, spin in circles in both directions, beg pretty, and walk on leash. The 13 year old walked like a dog on path, the 9 year old was definitely cat: Oh look-there's a tree there, lemme climb it. Aaaand I'm gonna stay here.

Try to play and depress their toes as often as you can, so you can get them used to nail clipping

That's all I can think of for now. If you have any other questions, let me know.

by Anonymousreply 184February 10, 2024 4:29 PM

Oh yeah, one of them figured out how to open the toaster oven.

by Anonymousreply 185February 10, 2024 4:40 PM

Thank you so much, Ms. Bengal for taking the time to share all that. I appreciate it.

As I said earlier, I have a friend who had a Bengal, so I have some experience with them.

What many people are posting on here does not concern me. Some people on DL just like trying to provoke me.

by Anonymousreply 186February 10, 2024 4:53 PM

Greg....Ripper and shredder are great names

by Anonymousreply 187February 10, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote] Greg....Ripper and shredder are great names

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 188February 10, 2024 6:37 PM

Beauxniqua and Shantiqua.

by Anonymousreply 189February 10, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote] Beauxniqua and Shantiqua.

Noniqua and notiqua.

by Anonymousreply 190February 10, 2024 6:45 PM

Antony and Cleo.

by Anonymousreply 191February 10, 2024 8:07 PM

Adam and Steve

by Anonymousreply 192February 10, 2024 9:15 PM

Wow. Greg is finally getting some pussy.

by Anonymousreply 193February 10, 2024 9:39 PM

Sid and Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 194February 10, 2024 9:42 PM

I get lots of pussy right here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2024 9:43 PM

Leopold and Loeb.

by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2024 9:45 PM

Ted and Jeffery

by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2024 10:45 PM

Sacco and Vanzetti

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2024 11:00 PM

Cathy and Heathcliff

by Anonymousreply 199February 10, 2024 11:31 PM

Huntley and Brinkley

by Anonymousreply 200February 10, 2024 11:32 PM

Greg, are they marbled or spotted? Snow, Lynx, sepia, charcoal?

by Anonymousreply 201February 11, 2024 12:18 AM

Greg - thanks for posting that pic of yourself at R182. You're exactly how I pictured you.

by Anonymousreply 202February 11, 2024 12:30 AM

They're the imaginary kind R201.

by Anonymousreply 203February 11, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote] Greg - thanks for posting that pic of yourself at [R182]. You're exactly how I pictured you.

Is that really the best you can do, R202?

And I’m quite certain you would never have the courage to say that to my face.

by Anonymousreply 204February 11, 2024 1:34 AM

Oh really, R203?

Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 205February 11, 2024 1:34 AM

My experience with two Bengals has been a little different from R184.

They’ve NEVER had interest in human food, ever. I’ve occasionally offered them a taste and they simply don’t react to it. The exception would be canned tuna but that’s not really much different from cat food. I never had to worry about leaving food or ingredients unattended.

Also I had just one litter box for the both of them, never a problem despite getting the second Bengal a year after the first.

by Anonymousreply 206February 11, 2024 12:32 PM

Interesting, R206.

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 207February 11, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote] [R104] Ah, well, maybe you brought him [Nicolas Fairford] up for a reason you can't now recall.

Oh, I certainly can recall it, R105.

If you look back, you will see that R65 posted:

[quote] Oh, Greg. A pair of Bengalis will smash your Lladro and your Hummels and claw at the floral wallpaper border behind the barcart. They'll shit on your caftans and piss on the Werther's in your matching Precious Moments candy dishes. Move those Madame Alexandre dolls now!

R105, Hummels, Precious Moments objects, dolls, and other tchotchkes have no place in my dwellings.

You sound like a dreary little person.

by Anonymousreply 208February 11, 2024 6:04 PM

They're not really rescue cats, are they, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 209February 11, 2024 6:08 PM

Of course they are.

I wouldn’t have any other kind.

by Anonymousreply 210February 11, 2024 6:11 PM

R208. "You sound like a dreary little person."

Well, I'm probably not as big as you but then again, who is?

by Anonymousreply 211February 11, 2024 6:14 PM

You must have bucks.

by Anonymousreply 212February 11, 2024 6:17 PM

Correct, R211, you certainly are not as big as me.

by Anonymousreply 213February 11, 2024 6:24 PM

Names stolen from the Puppy Bowl: Mini and Moe.

by Anonymousreply 214February 11, 2024 6:35 PM

I rescued them from a breeder for 2K

by Anonymousreply 215February 12, 2024 12:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 12, 2024 3:37 AM

[quote] I rescued them from a breeder for 2K

Jealousy is a very unattractive look.

by Anonymousreply 217February 12, 2024 1:00 PM

So did you get the cats yet Greg?

by Anonymousreply 218February 12, 2024 1:01 PM

Why couldn't you just get rescue cats, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 219February 12, 2024 1:02 PM

[quote] So did you get the cats yet Greg?

No, not yet.

by Anonymousreply 220February 12, 2024 3:18 PM

[quote] Why couldn't you just get rescue cats, Greg?

I did.

by Anonymousreply 221February 12, 2024 3:19 PM

Greg shall be taking delivery of these lucky, lucky rescue creatures upon a fortnight.

by Anonymousreply 222February 14, 2024 2:17 PM

[quote] Greg shall be taking delivery of these lucky, lucky rescue creatures upon a fortnight.

That's right, R222.

A few days more than a fortnight.

I like to think they are lucky (twice lucky) and will enjoy a very nice life with us.

by Anonymousreply 223February 14, 2024 4:48 PM

Don't bore them to death with your recipes.

by Anonymousreply 224February 15, 2024 9:22 PM

I imagine that being from Bengal they must have very specific tastes.

by Anonymousreply 225February 15, 2024 9:36 PM

[quote] Don't bore them to death with your recipes.

I will do my best to keep them alive.

by Anonymousreply 226February 15, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] I imagine that being from Bengal they must have very specific tastes.

I should hope so.

by Anonymousreply 227February 15, 2024 9:39 PM

Cats should not eat prunes as they can be toxic to them. Prunes contain a high amount of sugar and fiber, which can cause digestive issues in cats. It is best to stick to a balanced diet of cat food specifically formulated for their nutritional needs. If you suspect that your cat has ingested prunes, it is important to seek veterinary care immediately.

by Anonymousreply 228February 15, 2024 11:52 PM

DON’T feed them Chocolate Raspberry Cake!

by Anonymousreply 229February 16, 2024 12:08 AM

Will you cook their food from scratch? It would actually be interesting to read your pet food recipes. Rather than about your disgusting scrod/prune slop.

by Anonymousreply 230February 16, 2024 6:31 AM

It’s cod, R230, cod.

by Anonymousreply 231February 16, 2024 12:24 PM

I know several pet owners who have been making their pet food at home. Apparently the canned stuff is wretched and loaded with junk. Dry food is little better. And there’s tons of recipes online for making homemade cat and dog food.

by Anonymousreply 232February 16, 2024 12:33 PM

I don’t expect to be making homemade cat food.

I’ve also read that feeding one’s cats a veterinarian-recommended cat food is better for a cat since the food be provides more of what they need—including necessary vitamins and nutrients that one might not have in homemade cat food.

by Anonymousreply 233February 16, 2024 1:24 PM

I will not be feeding my cats prunes or chocolate raspberry cake.

I will, however, be serving up Barbara’s pancakes on weekend mornings.

I hope they like real maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 234February 16, 2024 1:30 PM

Greg, rescue cats should not be fed maple syrup. Too much maple syrup can give rescue cats explosive diarrhea. I learned the hard way and had to repaint my ceiling.

Have you had rescue cats before?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 16, 2024 6:15 PM

No, R235, I've never had rescue cats before.

by Anonymousreply 236February 16, 2024 6:16 PM

R235, I believe cats can be fed maple syrup, according to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237February 16, 2024 6:19 PM

Well, they're your rescue cats. They're precious creatures. They've been through hell. Do whatever you want. Don't listen. The poor things.

You can say "I did my own research" after they blast out what's left of their bowels all over your house.

by Anonymousreply 238February 16, 2024 6:28 PM

Perhaps I’ll just feed them poached eggs on toasted brioche.

by Anonymousreply 239February 16, 2024 8:03 PM

How about bowls of real maple syrup?

by Anonymousreply 240February 17, 2024 3:19 AM

[quote] How about bowls of real maple syrup?

No, I don’t think so.

by Anonymousreply 241February 17, 2024 4:23 AM

Are they rescue cats?

by Anonymousreply 242February 17, 2024 4:37 AM

[quote]R236 I've never had rescue cats before. — Greg02116

Dear god, why not?

How old are you??

by Anonymousreply 243February 17, 2024 4:54 AM

Cats to the rescue!

by Anonymousreply 244February 17, 2024 5:08 AM

R243, because we’ve never had cats before.

How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 245February 17, 2024 12:00 PM

Expensive, fashionable pure-bred cats are not “rescued.” They are purchased.

You are foolish for getting a notoriously difficult breed (two!) as your first cats.

I predict they soon will be surrendered. We’ll probably never hear about it.

by Anonymousreply 246February 17, 2024 12:10 PM

^ Such a negative Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 247February 17, 2024 12:16 PM

[quote] Expensive, fashionable pure-bred cats are not “rescued.” They are purchased. I predict they soon will be surrendered. We’ll probably never hear about it.

That is precisely why they are available for rescuing, R246. You said it yourself.

Let me help you:

1. “You are foolish for getting a notoriously difficult breed (two!) as your first cats. I predict they soon will be surrendered.”

2. And if we surrender them—they become Bengal rescue cats.

3. Ask someone for help if you still have trouble with the concept, R246.

It’s like Jack Russells, an expensive and fashionable breed that, for certain people, is difficult to live with. Hence, Jack Russell rescue organizations.

You don’t know nearly as much as you think you do, R246.

Now run along.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 17, 2024 12:26 PM

[quote] And if we surrender them—they become Bengal rescue cats.

When we ask “is it a rescue cat?” we don’t’ mean “do you contemplate throwing them out?”

by Anonymousreply 249February 17, 2024 12:38 PM

Correct, R249.

Who no would think that?

When people can’t care for a cat, it becomes a rescue cat. Do you understand?

When you ask “Is it a rescue cat?” I respond yes, because they are.

This is like talking to a child.

by Anonymousreply 250February 17, 2024 12:52 PM

Buying a sought-after breed from group dedicated to reselling purebred cats is not a rescue just because the organization puts “rescue” in their name. A rescue cat faces homelessness or euthanasia, not the risk of going to live with Paris Hilton.

by Anonymousreply 251February 17, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote] Buying a sought-after breed from group dedicated to reselling purebred cats is not a rescue just because the organization puts “rescue” in their name. A rescue cat faces homelessness or euthanasia, not the risk of going to live with Paris Hilton.

Thank you for enlightening me.

by Anonymousreply 252February 17, 2024 1:01 PM

You’re very welcome.

by Anonymousreply 253February 17, 2024 1:06 PM

Congrats. Greg. Cats are the most loving animals. I miss my Puddy cat after all these years.

by Anonymousreply 254February 17, 2024 1:33 PM

Did you name them Capers Coddlesworth and Bostonia?

by Anonymousreply 255February 17, 2024 1:44 PM

[quote] Congrats. Greg. Cats are the most loving animals. I miss my Puddy cat after all these years.

Thanks, R254, we’re really excited about them arriving.

Life will change!

by Anonymousreply 256February 17, 2024 4:25 PM

[quote] Did you name them Capers Coddlesworth and Bostonia?

No, but I must say I like those names.

Perhaps when we adopt a pair of American Staffordshire Terriers.

by Anonymousreply 257February 17, 2024 4:27 PM

You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

Two of them will destroy your furniture. Please keep them together when you rehome them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 17, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote]Perhaps when we adopt a pair of American Staffordshire Terriers.

You are, Greg, only in cat form.

by Anonymousreply 259February 17, 2024 4:52 PM

R258, thank you for your opinion, your prediction, and your request.

Please accept my indifference.

by Anonymousreply 260February 17, 2024 5:07 PM

[quote]R251 Buying a sought-after breed from group dedicated to reselling purebred cats is not a rescue… A rescue cat faces homelessness or euthanasia, not the risk of going to live with Paris Hilton.

Yes. It’s rather like “rescuing” a Dior suit from a resale shop for thousands of dollars. The item isn’t really in any danger, consigned to a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 261February 17, 2024 5:36 PM

Except that these cats were in danger.

So it’s rather not at all like that.

by Anonymousreply 262February 17, 2024 5:44 PM

They'll be in more danger if you give them maple syrup.

by Anonymousreply 263February 17, 2024 5:51 PM

How much was the “adoption fee” for two exotic kittens that are sold by breeders for upwards of $2k each?

by Anonymousreply 264February 17, 2024 7:07 PM

$1K

by Anonymousreply 265February 17, 2024 7:12 PM

Well, they were used.

by Anonymousreply 266February 17, 2024 7:42 PM

The donation goes to a good cause.

by Anonymousreply 267February 17, 2024 7:45 PM

Yes. Giving people the opportunity to purchase used exotic cats at 75% off is a wonderful cause. And they obviously are performing a great service by rehoming two Bengal kittens with a first-time cat owner. Perhaps they’re looking forward to reselling them again .

by Anonymousreply 268February 17, 2024 7:55 PM

R268, you really are a nosy parker.

by Anonymousreply 269February 17, 2024 8:41 PM

You’re the one posting about your private life. Calling me nosy is rich.

by Anonymousreply 270February 17, 2024 8:46 PM

Will you post pics of the kitties, please, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 271February 17, 2024 9:14 PM

[quote] You’re the one posting about your private life. Calling me nosy is rich.

Posting about my “private life” does not make me nosy.

You offering unsolicited opinions about my personal life makes you nosy.

by Anonymousreply 272February 17, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] Will you post pics of the kitties, please, Greg

We’ll see, R271.

You can understand my reluctance.

by Anonymousreply 273February 17, 2024 9:31 PM

I've got a couple of kittens that got old and musty. I'd really like to swap them out for new ones that aren't all used up. How do you do it?

by Anonymousreply 274February 17, 2024 9:32 PM

[quote] Posting about my “private life” does not make me nosy.

Of course not. It makes you an exhibitionist with no right to call anyone nosy for responding.

by Anonymousreply 275February 17, 2024 9:36 PM

[quote] Of course not. It makes you an exhibitionist with no right to call anyone nosy for responding.

[R275], you really are a nosy parker.

by Anonymousreply 276February 17, 2024 10:00 PM

[quote] I've got a couple of kittens that got old and musty. I'd really like to swap them out for new ones that aren't all used up. How do you do it?

Etsy.

by Anonymousreply 277February 17, 2024 10:01 PM

Greg, don’t you have dinner to prepare?

by Anonymousreply 278February 17, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] Greg, don’t you have dinner to prepare?

I do, but it’s a little early.

I just finished cleaning out the refrigerator and folding my kitchen linens.

I appreciate your concern.

by Anonymousreply 279February 17, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote]R262 these cats were in danger.

Are they political asylum seekers?

by Anonymousreply 280February 17, 2024 10:48 PM

I could have sent you a dozen kittens, they're all over, they get tortured by dogs.

by Anonymousreply 281February 17, 2024 10:48 PM

Can we go to a shelter next time, and breed anymore kittens.

by Anonymousreply 282February 17, 2024 10:49 PM

I don’t want a dozen tortured kittens, R 281, but thank you.

by Anonymousreply 283February 17, 2024 10:50 PM

[quote] Can we go to a shelter next time, and breed anymore kittens.

Please, R282, in standard English.

by Anonymousreply 284February 17, 2024 10:52 PM

Why are you so cagey and evasive about the supposed “danger” these expensive cats were in?

by Anonymousreply 285February 17, 2024 10:56 PM

There are few things as satisfying as a sparkling clean refrigerator interior.

Every bottle and jar were wiped down with a scalding hot bar cloth and a little Windex.

by Anonymousreply 286February 17, 2024 10:56 PM

[quote] Why are you so cagey and evasive about the supposed “danger” these expensive cats were in?

I don’t want to encourage additional unkind comments.

They were Florida street cats.

by Anonymousreply 287February 17, 2024 10:57 PM

Bengal kittens on the street? Hah!

by Anonymousreply 288February 17, 2024 11:02 PM

How old will they be when you take delivery?

by Anonymousreply 289February 18, 2024 3:23 AM

Did these poor creatures belong to a crime lord?

Did they become addicted to illicit drugs and Versace couture?

Are they trained to attack when they hear “Faster Kill Pussycat” as sung by the exquisitely immortal, yet quite dead, Brittany Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 290February 18, 2024 3:33 AM

Yes, please Greg, link to the rescue facility so like minded DLs can rescue exotic cats at a discount. We’re tired of the basic domestic short hair cats that are euthanized every day in overcrowded animal shelters.

by Anonymousreply 291February 18, 2024 3:34 AM

[quote]r290 Did these poor creatures belong to a crime lord?

Surely the pair were freed from an illicit cat house in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 292February 18, 2024 3:53 AM

I visited a bengal cat breeder once to see her kittens. They were beautiful. She lived on a large property with the adult cats in outdoor enclosures. The kittens were being raised with their mother in a room in her house but it felt like they were much more wild than regular cats.

by Anonymousreply 293February 18, 2024 4:30 AM

Behavior Issues of Bengal Cats 1. Destructiveness

Say a long, hard goodbye to your furniture, bedsheets, and everything else if you decide to get a Bengal cat despite all the warnings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294February 18, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote] How old will they be when you take delivery?

About six months old.

Litter boxes are expensive!

by Anonymousreply 295February 18, 2024 1:26 PM

R295 And time consuming and gross. Two Bengals means three litter boxes that must be scooped twice a day. If they actually go in the boxes.

Your Bengal kitty does not want to use an unsanitary litter box, anymore than you want to use a neglected public stall. It makes sense to at least scoop your litter boxes twice per day, & change the litter out as needed. Additionally it is suggested to have one litter box per cat per household, with one additional.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296February 18, 2024 2:41 PM

[quote] Every bottle and jar were wiped down with a scalding hot bar cloth and a little Windex.

Oh, dear, Greg.

by Anonymousreply 297February 18, 2024 4:44 PM

You’re right, R297.

… was wiped down

by Anonymousreply 298February 18, 2024 10:39 PM

Greg, have you selected names or will you wait until you meet them?

by Anonymousreply 299February 18, 2024 11:58 PM

All the "Greg's" are fraud, we all know this.

by Anonymousreply 300February 19, 2024 12:14 AM

[quote] All the "Greg's" are fraud

Perhaps, but at least we know how to use an apostrophe properly.

by Anonymousreply 301February 19, 2024 12:16 AM

Litter boxes aren't that expensive Greg. Which kind have you purchased that are so expensive?

by Anonymousreply 302February 19, 2024 12:17 AM

[quote] Greg, have you selected names or will you wait until you meet them?

We have chosen their names.

by Anonymousreply 303February 19, 2024 12:17 AM

[quote] Litter boxes aren't that expensive Greg. Which kind have you purchased that are so expensive?

The Litter-Robot 4

But it is more than I want to spend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 19, 2024 12:21 AM

That Litter-Robot thing is absolutely ridiculous Greg. $699! Did you actually buy it?

by Anonymousreply 305February 19, 2024 12:40 AM

If it’s the one that washes and heat-dries plastic pellets, it also heats up any tiny pieces of shit, too.

by Anonymousreply 306February 19, 2024 12:45 AM

No, I did not buy that litter box.

by Anonymousreply 307February 19, 2024 12:45 AM

Gou clean shit by phone! Pair it with an Apple Watch!

“You’ve pooped 5% less this week than last, Simba!”

by Anonymousreply 308February 19, 2024 12:47 AM

Shelby and Dolly?

by Anonymousreply 309February 19, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote] Shelby and Dolly?

No.

by Anonymousreply 310February 19, 2024 2:12 PM

Have you.thought about how you can rehome them if things don't work out?

by Anonymousreply 311February 20, 2024 12:27 AM

They should have culinary names.

Whisk. And something else.

by Anonymousreply 312February 20, 2024 12:44 AM

[quote] Have you.thought about how you can rehome them if things don't work out?

No.

by Anonymousreply 313February 20, 2024 12:54 AM

[quote] They should have culinary names. Whisk. And something else.

Bain Marie?

Mandoline?

by Anonymousreply 314February 20, 2024 12:57 AM

Kabob

by Anonymousreply 315February 20, 2024 1:21 AM

Rice and Roni

by Anonymousreply 316February 20, 2024 1:29 AM

Giardia and Coccidia?

by Anonymousreply 317February 20, 2024 1:30 AM

Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.

by Anonymousreply 318February 20, 2024 2:47 AM

R317 is in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 319February 20, 2024 3:25 AM

Have you yet taken delivery of your fabulous felines?

by Anonymousreply 320February 26, 2024 11:33 AM

Biscuit and cookie.

by Anonymousreply 321February 26, 2024 11:46 AM

Hiss and Spit.

by Anonymousreply 322February 26, 2024 11:58 AM

Bubble and Squeak

(if they’re Anglophiles)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323February 27, 2024 12:35 AM

[quote] Have you yet taken delivery of your fabulous felines?

No, not yet.

But we are ready!

We have a small lounge of the kitchen that we will place them in so they feel safe. For the first few days, this room will have their litter box, food bowls, water fountain, scratch post, toys, and plenty of cozy quilts and pillows for them to nap and sleep on.

We also have a Netvue Birdfy Feeder—a smart bird watching feeder for them to watch birds from the windowsill.

Can't wait to take delivery of them.

What is an appropriate gratuity to give the three people who driving from Florida with these kittens?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324February 28, 2024 5:53 PM

CORRECTION: We have a small lounge OFF the kitchen ...

by Anonymousreply 325February 28, 2024 5:53 PM

Bengal cats are easy to acquire as they're often rehomed because they are a huge pain in the ass. They are NOT for a first time cat owner. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 326February 28, 2024 6:07 PM

You know kitties...

by Anonymousreply 327February 28, 2024 6:14 PM

Bengal kittens sound like a bad idea for Eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 328February 28, 2024 6:14 PM

They'll take Greg's face off in the middle of the night R328.

by Anonymousreply 329February 29, 2024 3:57 AM

I’m very concerned by all this.

It’s just a feeling I have.

by Anonymousreply 330February 29, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote] They'll take Greg's face off in the middle of the night

Good thing I have two.

by Anonymousreply 331February 29, 2024 5:13 AM

^clever.

by Anonymousreply 332February 29, 2024 6:27 AM

They will stay awake all night meowing and chasing each other and ripping the sofas apart.

by Anonymousreply 333February 29, 2024 11:57 AM

[quote] They will stay awake all night meowing and chasing each other and ripping the sofas apart.

They will be in their own room, on the first floor, with all that they need. There is a sofa in that room that we plan to retire and so don’t care if they scratch it.

Our bedroom is on the second floor and on the other side of the house, so we will not hear their plaintive cries.

So many negative people out here.

by Anonymousreply 334February 29, 2024 12:28 PM

Cats like to sleep with their people in the same bed. It makes them feel safe.

by Anonymousreply 335February 29, 2024 12:43 PM

[quote] Cats like to sleep with their people in the same bed. It makes them feel safe.

That may be true, but these cats will not be sleeping in our bed.

They will have each other with whom to cuddle.

by Anonymousreply 336February 29, 2024 12:49 PM

What's the difference between a small lounge off the kitchen and a small room off the kitchen? Are there cocktail waitresses?

by Anonymousreply 337February 29, 2024 5:27 PM

Get ready for: Hairballs EVERYWHERE. Tracked litter EVERYWHERE. Constant dingleberries hanging from their furry asses (yeah, I hope you don't have expensive/light-colored furniture). Attitude. Stinky food. That lingering, funky litterbox smell, no matter how often you scoop and change it out. Good luck. My cat days are over.

by Anonymousreply 338February 29, 2024 5:38 PM

Robot litter boxes are an expensive joke. Don't do it.

by Anonymousreply 339February 29, 2024 5:46 PM

Don't get an imaginary robot litter box for your imaginary kittens!

by Anonymousreply 340February 29, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote] What's the difference between a small lounge off the kitchen and a small room off the kitchen? Are there cocktail waitresses?

Seriously?

by Anonymousreply 341February 29, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] Don't get an imaginary robot litter box for your imaginary kittens!

Oh, okay.

by Anonymousreply 342February 29, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] Robot litter boxes are an expensive joke. Don't do it.

I didn't.

I ordered a covered stainless steel box.

Stainless steel won't hold onto unpleasant odors as much as plastic does.

by Anonymousreply 343February 29, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote] Get ready for: Hairballs EVERYWHERE. Tracked litter EVERYWHERE. Constant dingleberries hanging from their furry asses (yeah, I hope you don't have expensive/light-colored furniture). Attitude. Stinky food. That lingering, funky litterbox smell, no matter how often you scoop and change it out. Good luck. My cat days are over.

Good thing I like to clean.

And that we have a good housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 344February 29, 2024 8:02 PM

R341 Well, what is a small lounge? I never heard of it, in a house.

by Anonymousreply 345February 29, 2024 8:05 PM

^ A small sitting room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 29, 2024 8:27 PM

I hear Bengal cats like to jump up on kitchen counters and track cat litter and dingleberries into food prep areas.

by Anonymousreply 347February 29, 2024 9:50 PM

It's not hard to teach cats not to jump on the counter or table, as long as you give them their own places to jump on, ideally in their own zone somewhere in the house. They need height and understand territoriality so up in the window, if it's safe, or atop their own table (ours likes the potting table on the screen porch and an old lab table in the spare room, and his tower in the main room). In decades of cats in the family we never had them on kitchen surfaces. You train from the beginning you're fine.

by Anonymousreply 348February 29, 2024 10:00 PM

[quote] I hear Bengal cats like to jump up on kitchen counters and track cat litter and dingleberries into food prep areas.

I will be employing the clicker training method with these cats.

They need to be obedient.

by Anonymousreply 349February 29, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote] I hear Bengal cats like to jump up on kitchen counters and track cat litter and dingleberries into food prep areas.

And R347, jumping up on kitchen counters is not unique to Bengal cats.

by Anonymousreply 350February 29, 2024 10:33 PM

My neighbor down the road has 2 rescue Bengal cats that her cousin found up in Oregon.

Tom and Gerri, around 2 years old now, very active cats

by Anonymousreply 351March 1, 2024 12:12 AM

r186, you never mentioned a friend having them and you being familiar with the breed. If you are so familiar, then why are you asking us for tips and suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 352March 1, 2024 12:27 AM

OP doesn’t really want tips or suggestions, just praise and earnest encouragement. Get with the program.

by Anonymousreply 353March 1, 2024 1:47 AM

Picture that friend who would call you to tell you he's getting some special breed of kittens, and you have to feign interest.

by Anonymousreply 354March 1, 2024 1:56 AM

[quote] I will be employing the clicker training method with these cats.

hahahahaha OP if it's not too late, you should back out from getting these kittens. Bengals are not starter cats. No one without previous cat experience should have them.

by Anonymousreply 355March 1, 2024 5:13 AM

That you would attempt to isolate two bengals in one room and give them their own sofa to scratch up reveals your ignorance in this matter. Bengals would not want to be locked up in one room, even as an introductory method, and offering them a piece of furniture to scratch up is only training them to destroy any furniture they care to once they have access to the rest of the house. Please return these imaginary cats ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 356March 1, 2024 6:29 AM

[quote] Please return these imaginary cats ASAP.

No.

by Anonymousreply 357March 1, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote] Bengals are not starter cats. No one without previous cat experience should have them.

I had a cat when I was a child.

And I’ve had a Jack Russell.

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 358March 1, 2024 12:51 PM

R345 Perhaps if you were more insecure and pretentious this might make sense.

by Anonymousreply 359March 1, 2024 2:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360March 1, 2024 2:11 PM

R350 My cook of several years quit because Bengals love to jump up on the stove and set their farts on fire.

by Anonymousreply 361March 1, 2024 2:18 PM

Those filthy little cunts R361.

by Anonymousreply 362March 1, 2024 3:12 PM

R362 Well, they weren't rescues. Enough said.

by Anonymousreply 363March 1, 2024 3:23 PM

My Japanese houseboy would never take care of cats.

by Anonymousreply 364March 1, 2024 4:49 PM

"They will have each other with whom to cuddle."

LOL

by Anonymousreply 365March 1, 2024 6:51 PM

[quote] [R362] Well, they weren't rescues. Enough said.

They are rescues.

Enough said.

And what does R362 have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 366March 1, 2024 9:29 PM

[quote] My Japanese houseboy would never take care of cats.

Well, my Brazilian housekeeper loves caring for cats.

by Anonymousreply 367March 1, 2024 9:30 PM

[quote] My cook of several years quit because Bengals love to jump up on the stove and set their farts on fire.

Your cook of several years sounds weak.

by Anonymousreply 368March 1, 2024 9:32 PM

GO AWAY

by Anonymousreply 369March 1, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] [R186], you never mentioned a friend having them and you being familiar with the breed. If you are so familiar, then why are you asking us for tips and suggestions?

R352, I mentioned it at R186 and in another post.

In any case, I always enjoy tips and advice from others.

Why are you so inquisitive about my cats?

by Anonymousreply 370March 1, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] GO AWAY

I beg your pardon?

by Anonymousreply 371March 1, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote] [R345] Perhaps if you were more insecure and pretentious this might make sense.

That’s right, R345.

Get with it.

by Anonymousreply 372March 1, 2024 9:40 PM

r370, you didn't mention it before your response at r186.

by Anonymousreply 373March 1, 2024 9:48 PM

Argh editing.....you said "As I've said earlier" in r186, and you hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 374March 1, 2024 9:49 PM

[quote] Argh editing.....you said "As I've said earlier" in [R186], and you hadn't.

Do people have a hard time tolerating you?

by Anonymousreply 375March 1, 2024 9:57 PM

My manservant left me when my Bengals started putting Werther's into their vaginas and then firing them at him.

by Anonymousreply 376March 1, 2024 10:25 PM

[quote] My manservant left me when my Bengals started putting Werther's into their vaginas and then firing them at him.

I only keep Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

by Anonymousreply 377March 1, 2024 11:06 PM

Don't know if it was previously mentioned but get a spray bottle of water, set it on long narrow stream and use that when they jump up on wherever you don't want them. Obviously, be reasonable and don't just blast them. It should work for the kitchen counters and table. They are going to go on your couches so put some throws down for them. You'll see where they like to perch/sleep so cover accordingly. Get one of those red velvet hair remover things. You brush in one direction and it's very good at picking up hair. The sticky paper rolls are good for clothes.

by Anonymousreply 378March 1, 2024 11:25 PM

All excellent advice, R378.

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 379March 1, 2024 11:27 PM

R349 This will end in tears and rehoming.

by Anonymousreply 380March 2, 2024 12:12 PM

No r375, but I know that a lot of people can't stand you here on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 381March 2, 2024 2:22 PM

[quote] [R349] This will end in tears and rehoming.

Oh, please.

It’s no wonder so many of you seem unhappy.

You need to get out and enjoy life. It’s not all that bad.

by Anonymousreply 382March 2, 2024 2:25 PM

Cats like to lap at a saucer of heavy cream, right?

by Anonymousreply 383March 2, 2024 2:33 PM

R383 Of course they do.

by Anonymousreply 384March 2, 2024 2:56 PM

[quote] No [R375], but I know that a lot of people can't stand you here on the DL.

Well, that’s certainly true.

It’s hard to determine how many.

by Anonymousreply 385March 2, 2024 3:42 PM

Ha, R384!

Of course I was joking about the cream.

by Anonymousreply 386March 2, 2024 3:42 PM

R386 Cats do love milk and cream. How is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 387March 2, 2024 3:44 PM

It’s not good for them.

by Anonymousreply 388March 2, 2024 3:50 PM

R388 You asked if they like it. The answer is yes. Did you wet your pants when you typed this?

by Anonymousreply 389March 2, 2024 3:53 PM

^ Let me check.

No, I did not.

Most cats are naturally lactose intolerant, meaning that cow milk and dairy products made from it — like cheese or cream — can upset their stomachs, causing vomiting and diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 390March 2, 2024 3:55 PM

Why can't they drink lactose-free milk, then?

by Anonymousreply 391March 2, 2024 3:58 PM

Kittens do but most adult cats are lactose intolerant so don't waste the cream. Get those broth packets for a treat. Or the squeeze up treats. It's mousse-like and all cats love those. In fact, that's a great way for you to bond with the kitties. Churu brand squeeze ups are one brand. Cut the tip and gently squeeze it and the cat will lick it as it comes out. It's a nice way for you to hang out together. I also play toss the treat with a younger cat that visits. She loves to chase as I throw a hard treat across the floor. Sometimes she's not even hungry and we just go back and forth with the same treat. It gets both of our asses moving.

by Anonymousreply 392March 2, 2024 3:59 PM

There's a milk for cats similar to lactose-free milk people drink.

by Anonymousreply 393March 2, 2024 4:02 PM

I’ve had Bengalis for years. The cats you purchased have very high energy levels and require lots of attention. Two of them will require twice as much attention. They are extraordinarily territorial. If you lock them away at night, they will not bond with you. They will become vocal and belligerent. They will smear on your pillow if they get near your bed.

Two Bengalis will reinforce each other's bad behavior exponentially, and they're going to be angry and raise hell during the day. They will absolutely take it out on your furniture and your home. They can get extremely destructive and refuse to use the litter box (their waste is one of the main ways they communicate).

They will not pay any attention to clickers or any noise training. Water is only effective as used; they won’t be trained.

I know you plan on sedating them but it really seems like the wrong fit. Please reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 394March 2, 2024 4:09 PM

Greg, Bengalis can be very difficult to house train so you may want to model behavior for them and 'go' in the litterbox a few time the first week.

by Anonymousreply 395March 2, 2024 4:11 PM

[quote] Greg, Bengalis can be very difficult to house train so you may want to model behavior for them and 'go' in the litterbox a few time the first week.

You must be a mind reader.

That is exactly my plan.

by Anonymousreply 396March 2, 2024 4:15 PM

R366 These comments weren't addressed to you.

by Anonymousreply 397March 2, 2024 4:19 PM

While a small minority of cats may be lactose intolerant and experience digestive issues when consuming dairy products, the majority of cats are able to digest milk and cream without any problems.

Milk and cream can be beneficial for cats as they provide essential nutrients like calcium and protein. These nutrients are important for maintaining healthy bones, muscles, and overall well-being in felines.

by Anonymousreply 398March 2, 2024 4:20 PM

R396 "It is important to show new cats how to use the litter box to establish routine and prevent confusion and accidents. Cats learn by observing others, so modeling the desired behavior helps them understand where to go to relieve themselves, creating a harmonious living environment for the cat and its owner."

by Anonymousreply 399March 2, 2024 4:22 PM

[quote] [R366] These comments weren't addressed to you.

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 400March 2, 2024 4:24 PM

Just get a single, regular cat, and love it. Not a status symbol.

by Anonymousreply 401March 2, 2024 4:26 PM

r394, I don't know where you get your cats from, but my 4 true rescue (all adults) Bengals were never as destructive , difficult, or bad as you make them out to be. They all have been very loving and well behaved (with treats) beasties.

by Anonymousreply 402March 2, 2024 8:16 PM

R402 Bengals will not bond if they are shut away at night. They are very territorial and will not be happy kitties. They require more attention than most cats, and far more dramatic and destructive when they don't receive it.

A pair of them can truly team up to wreak all kinds of havoc. I've seen them target one member of a couple, which is really nervewracking for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 403March 3, 2024 2:52 PM

As I keep reading this, I'm thinking, why would anyone want these cats, with all the unique problems they seem to create? Seriously - why? Because they're "special?" If I had to have a pet (which I don't) I'd want the easiest, simplest breed I could get.

by Anonymousreply 404March 3, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote]R367 Well, my Brazilian housekeeper loves caring for cats.

Are you giving the housekeeper a raise, as you’re increasing their duties?

by Anonymousreply 405March 3, 2024 3:20 PM

Tabby cats are the best. They're super sweet.

by Anonymousreply 406March 3, 2024 3:36 PM

R404 Don't you want a rescue cat?

by Anonymousreply 407March 3, 2024 4:22 PM

Greg's lounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 3, 2024 4:36 PM

*This* cat tale will end in tears. Let us know, OP, when you suddenly have to rehome them.

by Anonymousreply 409March 3, 2024 5:59 PM

-R404- Because they are part of his aesthetic. Screw the fact that they are difficult creatures. Hence all the wise words of warning, here.

by Anonymousreply 410March 3, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote] *This* cat tale will end in tears. Let us know, OP, when you suddenly have to rehome them.

You’ll be the first to know, R409.

by Anonymousreply 411March 3, 2024 6:33 PM

[quote] As I keep reading this, I'm thinking, why would anyone want these cats, with all the unique problems they seem to create? Seriously - why? Because they're "special?

They complement my Scalamandré Tigre pillows.

by Anonymousreply 412March 3, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote] Greg's lounge.

Not even close, R408.

by Anonymousreply 413March 3, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote] Are you giving the housekeeper a raise, as you’re increasing their duties?

She gets paid very well.

I might consider it during her performance review.

by Anonymousreply 414March 3, 2024 6:44 PM

R412 Now I know you're making this up.

by Anonymousreply 415March 3, 2024 8:06 PM

R377 So common.

by Anonymousreply 416March 4, 2024 4:48 AM

Well, they’re no Werther’s.

But truly, if my cats are going to load candy into their vaginas to fire at my housekeeper, I’d rather the candy be a type she’ll recognize.

You are a snob.

by Anonymousreply 417March 4, 2024 11:46 AM

You will definitely want to reevaluate your current vacuum cleaner. You may need a more intense model designed for pet hair pick up.

by Anonymousreply 418March 4, 2024 12:39 PM

[quote] You will definitely want to reevaluate your current vacuum cleaner. You may need a more intense model designed for pet hair pick up.

But I LOVE my Dyson V15 Detect Cordless Vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 419March 4, 2024 2:00 PM

You can come vacuum my house if you love it so much.

by Anonymousreply 420March 4, 2024 2:27 PM

R419

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421March 4, 2024 4:31 PM

Thank you, R421, for enlightening us.

by Anonymousreply 422March 4, 2024 5:32 PM

EVERYthing comes back to sex with some of you people!!

by Anonymousreply 423March 4, 2024 6:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 5, 2024 12:00 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425March 5, 2024 12:03 AM

Our cats have brought us nothing but pleasure so far.

Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 426March 5, 2024 12:31 AM

Thank you, R424–that’s a great article.

A good excerpt:

[quote] Bengal cats are not as aggressive as they may seem. They’re not any more aggressive than your average house cat. Bengals are known to be sweet, loving creatures. ... Bengal cats are sometimes thought to be vicious, but they actually are quite the opposite. These animals are extremely affectionate, although they do have some wild tendencies. The misconception with their aggression is entirely tied to their history and origin. With a highly intelligent temperament, they are one of the best cats around. As you provide it adequate playtime and exercise, its energy is easy to control.

Some people here are so afraid of things.

Either that or they need to feel better about themselves by attempting to rain on one’s parade.

by Anonymousreply 427March 5, 2024 10:53 AM

R426 When did you take delivery?

by Anonymousreply 428March 5, 2024 11:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429March 5, 2024 11:45 AM

OP remember you need to wet their butts with a cue-tip on a regular basis. For weeks. Otherwise they can't defecate.

by Anonymousreply 430March 5, 2024 11:46 AM

I love you R429, Best laugh I've had in ages. My eyes were popping out because I was laughing so hard. I've got a headache now.

by Anonymousreply 431March 5, 2024 11:48 AM

R430 They don't really like the Qtips. My furbabies prefer it if I lick them like their mom would.

by Anonymousreply 432March 5, 2024 11:51 AM

Greg - have you posted photos of the kittens anywhere in the thread? I can't find any pics but this is a long thread now. Where are they?

by Anonymousreply 433March 5, 2024 11:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 5, 2024 11:53 AM

[quote] [R426] When did you take delivery?

Saturday afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 435March 5, 2024 11:56 AM

I prefer using a mini baton with a cotton ball attached to wipe their butts.

by Anonymousreply 436March 5, 2024 11:57 AM

[quote] Greg - have you posted photos of the kittens anywhere in the thread? I can't find any pics but this is a long thread now. Where are they?

They arrived on Saturday and I’ve decided not to post any photos of them.

by Anonymousreply 437March 5, 2024 11:58 AM

Any pics Greg? We'd love to see them.

by Anonymousreply 438March 5, 2024 11:59 AM

[quote]They arrived on Saturday and I’ve decided not to post any photos of them.

Uh-huh...

by Anonymousreply 439March 5, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote] OP remember you need to wet their butts with a cue-tip on a regular basis. For weeks. Otherwise they can't defecate.

No need—they are six months old and have no trouble defecating.

by Anonymousreply 440March 5, 2024 12:00 PM

And, R439, it makes no difference to me if you don’t believe that we have these cats.

by Anonymousreply 441March 5, 2024 12:01 PM

I'm very busy right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442March 5, 2024 12:04 PM

R437 Why are you not posting pictures?

by Anonymousreply 443March 5, 2024 12:04 PM

How old are they?

by Anonymousreply 444March 5, 2024 12:05 PM

Did you rescue them?

by Anonymousreply 445March 5, 2024 12:05 PM

Because they don't exist R443. They're imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 446March 5, 2024 12:05 PM

[quote] [R437] Why are you not posting pictures?

Because of people like R442.

by Anonymousreply 447March 5, 2024 12:08 PM

They are adorable 6-month old rescue kittens.

So much fun!

by Anonymousreply 448March 5, 2024 12:09 PM

Happy to show you their food, toys, litter box, and little cat beds/tents, but not them.

by Anonymousreply 449March 5, 2024 12:11 PM

Oh you're hilarious R448/R449. Just google image something and post it. We'll play along with you holding court.

by Anonymousreply 450March 5, 2024 12:13 PM

How long will you give them, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 451March 5, 2024 12:15 PM

Before what R451?

by Anonymousreply 452March 5, 2024 12:18 PM

[quote] Oh you're hilarious [R448]/[R449]. Just google image something and post it. We'll play along with you holding court.

No thank you.

by Anonymousreply 453March 5, 2024 12:19 PM

[quote] How long will you give them, Greg?

For?

by Anonymousreply 454March 5, 2024 12:19 PM

R449 Why, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 455March 5, 2024 12:31 PM

Have you been demonstrating to them how to use the litter box?

by Anonymousreply 456March 5, 2024 12:33 PM

Two Bengals will NEVER give a fuck about your furniture.

by Anonymousreply 457March 5, 2024 12:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458March 5, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote] [R449] Why, Greg?

Because of people like R442, R446, & R450.

I am loving these kittens and am not interested in all the negativity and naysaying.

by Anonymousreply 459March 5, 2024 12:57 PM

You’re the new Siegfried and Roy.

by Anonymousreply 460March 5, 2024 12:57 PM

[quote] Two Bengals will NEVER give a fuck about your furniture.

Of course they won't, they are cats.

They will, however, give a fuck about getting sprayed with water.

Also, they do not have run of the house. They are confined to the back portion of the first floor.

by Anonymousreply 461March 5, 2024 12:59 PM

Can we see their setup? Do they have a little house?

by Anonymousreply 462March 5, 2024 1:05 PM

I will post a photo when I’m back on the Cape later today.

They each have a small fleece tent/house.

It helps them feel safe and secure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463March 5, 2024 1:14 PM

It’s still unclear how these are “rescue kittens.” For some contrast, here’s what I would consider “rescue cats”….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464March 5, 2024 2:02 PM

[quote] It’s still unclear how these are “rescue kittens.” For some contrast, here’s what I would consider “rescue cats”….

I'm afraid, R464, that you'll have to live with the lack of clarity.

Is that too much for you?

With all due respect, what you would consider "rescue cats" is completely irrelevant to me.

You are what my father would call an "old lady"—a busybody who concerns him or herself with the lives of others.

by Anonymousreply 465March 5, 2024 2:12 PM

R464 I don't have time to click on that link. Was the Runcorn house on fire?

by Anonymousreply 466March 5, 2024 2:54 PM

Who needs q-tip? I'm happy to lick their butts myself.

by Anonymousreply 467March 5, 2024 2:57 PM

[QUOTE] I'm afraid, [R464], that you'll have to live with the lack of clarity.

That's too bad. It seems that darkness has a hunger that's insatiable. And lightness has a call that's hard to hear.

by Anonymousreply 468March 5, 2024 2:58 PM

[quote] That's too bad. It seems that darkness has a hunger that's insatiable. And lightness has a call that's hard to hear.

Thank you, Emily Saliers.

by Anonymousreply 469March 5, 2024 3:11 PM

R468, your poetic inspiration is surprising given you spend a lot of time thinking of cleaning kittens’ butts as well as fingering your own asshole.

by Anonymousreply 470March 5, 2024 4:29 PM

A cat's rectum is more than just a "poop chute." Your cat has anal glands located on either side of the rectum that produce a foul smelling fluid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471March 5, 2024 4:51 PM

R361 This behavior is adorable as kittens, but should not be encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 472March 5, 2024 4:58 PM

R361 It is unlikely that your cats are deliberately trying to set their farts on fire. Cats may be attracted to the warmth of the stove or the smell of food left on the stove, which could prompt them to climb up onto it.

by Anonymousreply 473March 5, 2024 6:44 PM

What about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 6, 2024 9:52 PM

I hope they were named Cod and Prunes.

by Anonymousreply 475March 6, 2024 10:06 PM

They were named Ben and Gal

by Anonymousreply 476March 6, 2024 10:17 PM

Ben and Gay?

by Anonymousreply 477March 6, 2024 11:31 PM

Oh God, I'm so resentful of Greg. It's like a Davis/Crawford dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 478March 7, 2024 12:04 AM

How much? (lol adopted)

by Anonymousreply 479March 7, 2024 12:13 AM

Are they in the lounge?

by Anonymousreply 480March 7, 2024 12:21 AM

R478, you need to pull yourself together.

by Anonymousreply 481March 7, 2024 1:01 AM

I'm considered an expert on cat's butts, in certain circles.

by Anonymousreply 482March 7, 2024 1:39 AM

[quote] How much? (lol adopted)

They were adopted from the streets of Florida.

$1K

by Anonymousreply 483March 7, 2024 5:03 AM

My new Apollo after Hercules is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 484March 7, 2024 5:08 AM

[quote] Are they in the lounge?

Not presently.

They are running around and wrestling/play fighting with each other.

by Anonymousreply 485March 7, 2024 5:18 AM

Papa Greg, telling how much I cost, it's so gauche...

by Anonymousreply 486March 7, 2024 7:30 AM

[quote]They were adopted from the streets of Florida.$1K

Really? You can buy a human child for the same price in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 487March 7, 2024 7:42 AM

[quote] Really? You can buy a human child for the same price in Florida.

Too bad I don’t want one.

by Anonymousreply 488March 7, 2024 9:56 AM

[quote] Oh God, I'm so resentful of Greg. It's like a Davis/Crawford dynamic.

Which one are you?

by Anonymousreply 489March 7, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]They will, however, give a fuck about getting sprayed with water.

I've got news for you, Greg: Some cats actually LIKE being sprayed with water and consider it a "game"; however, the cats who don't consider being sprayed with water a game will come to fear and resent you and have the ability to give you payback in a million, very creative ways.

by Anonymousreply 490March 7, 2024 5:23 PM

Have fun with your kitties, Greg, but heed the warning of R490.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491March 7, 2024 6:01 PM

One of my Bengals loved getting sprayed by water...it didn't faze him.

by Anonymousreply 492March 7, 2024 6:06 PM

Greg has a clicker.

by Anonymousreply 493March 7, 2024 6:17 PM

[quote] Greg has a clicker.

I do indeed.

I have begun clicker training, which, admittedly, is not quite as easy as they say, primarily because these kittens are not terribly motivated by treats. Nevertheless, I will persevere.

These kittens do NOT like being sprayed with water.

They are adorable and fun kittens. We gave them a bath the other night and they tolerated it well.

We decided that we do not want to scoop litter, so I have returned the stainless steel litter box and ordered a reconditioned Litter-Robot 4.

So far, so good! We love them.

by Anonymousreply 494March 7, 2024 6:45 PM

The problem with Litter Robots is if they have runny poop or if poop/pee chunks gets stuck between the revolving chambers.

by Anonymousreply 495March 7, 2024 6:52 PM

R498 Does that help to spread the smell around? Will they get it in their fur?

by Anonymousreply 496March 7, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] The problem with Litter Robots is if they have runny poop or if poop/pee chunks gets stuck between the revolving chambers.

Let’s hope that never happens.

by Anonymousreply 497March 7, 2024 10:09 PM

R491, maybe Greg is setting up this persona to be murdered by bengals in a similar way to GermanGayGuy dying from cancer.

by Anonymousreply 498March 8, 2024 12:56 AM

r498- wait....whut???!!

by Anonymousreply 499March 8, 2024 1:52 AM

Greg should dress like Tiger King this Halloween, pushing the kitties around in a stroller.

by Anonymousreply 500March 8, 2024 2:07 AM

It's not like he rescued them.

by Anonymousreply 501March 8, 2024 3:17 AM

R498 ...where is GGG? Has he died or been banned?

by Anonymousreply 502March 8, 2024 3:21 AM

Just in case ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503March 8, 2024 3:29 AM

Are they sleeping at night?

by Anonymousreply 504March 8, 2024 3:41 AM

I hope not. I hope they're shitting in Greg's mouth at night!

by Anonymousreply 505March 8, 2024 3:53 AM

Greg should talk to Hilaria of Boston, Espana about her endless parade of pepino-Bengal cats. I stopped looking in on her about a year ago, but the goss was they were disappearing and being replaced like an endless merry-go-round of cats.

Apparently, they are quite high maintenance and not very domesticated.

by Anonymousreply 506March 8, 2024 3:58 AM

R502, to my knowledge, the later posts from him concerned his cancer diagnosis. The silence following that implies that he may have died as a result, but who knows, now that he's been mentioned, maybe someone will dust him off and return him to the forums for a while.

by Anonymousreply 507March 8, 2024 5:23 AM

Do the kittens try to have sex with each other?

by Anonymousreply 508March 8, 2024 11:56 AM

Have you declawed them yet Greg?

by Anonymousreply 509March 8, 2024 12:08 PM

[quote] Have you declawed them yet Greg?

I did it myself.

It’s pretty easy.

As my nan used to say, “If you can spatchcock a chicken, you can declaw a cat.”

by Anonymousreply 510March 8, 2024 12:20 PM

[quote] Do the kittens try to have sex with each other?

No—despite my best attempts at setting a mood.

Soft lighting, candles, catnip, some lobster-flavored Temptations, and a burrowing mice video on their flatscreen and nothing.

by Anonymousreply 511March 8, 2024 12:23 PM

[quote] Greg should dress like Tiger King this Halloween, pushing the kitties around in a stroller.

Brilliant idea!

by Anonymousreply 512March 8, 2024 12:25 PM

[quote] Are they sleeping at night?

I really don’t know.

I assume they are, but they are kept on the first floor in the back of the house and we sleep on the second floor in the front of the house, so we can’t hear what they’re doing.

That said, we can check the security video—but haven’t yet.

by Anonymousreply 513March 8, 2024 12:28 PM

Reincarnation

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 8, 2024 12:30 PM

Bengal cats are the Pit Bulls of the feline world.

Greg is endangering everyone.

by Anonymousreply 515March 8, 2024 9:13 PM

More Siegfried and Roy. Before the attack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 8, 2024 10:18 PM

Some people just have a way with animals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517March 8, 2024 10:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518March 8, 2024 10:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519March 8, 2024 10:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 8, 2024 10:30 PM

This is an excellent article in Readers Digest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521March 8, 2024 10:35 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 8, 2024 10:38 PM

I are cornfused. Bengal cats are not tigers in any way, shape, or form. They don't maul people to death.

by Anonymousreply 523March 8, 2024 11:08 PM

I like the Tiger King,/Siegfried and Roy Halloween idea. It's a big holiday on Louisburg Square and you would be a hit wheeling your strollers up and down. Should we expect you around dusk?

by Anonymousreply 524March 8, 2024 11:34 PM

[quote] Greg is endangering everyone.

And don’t you forget it.

by Anonymousreply 525March 8, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote] I like the Tiger King,/Siegfried and Roy Halloween idea. It's a big holiday on Louisburg Square and you would be a hit wheeling your strollers up and down. Should we expect you around dusk?

I love Halloween on Beacon Hill.

I am doubtful that you are on Louisburg Square.

by Anonymousreply 526March 8, 2024 11:57 PM

[quote]I are cornfused. Bengal cats are not tigers in any way, shape, or form. They don't maul people to death.

R523 They have 10% wild blood, which is probably why Greg has given them remote sleeping quarters and is monitoring them with 24 hour video surveillance.

by Anonymousreply 527March 9, 2024 12:00 AM

That sounds so warm and fuzzy.

by Anonymousreply 528March 9, 2024 12:40 AM

I'm curious what motivated you to want to get these kittens. Does someone you know have one? Have you or your partner wanted to get them for a long time? A thousand dollars could be spent on a lot of things. You must have really wanted to own these kittens.

by Anonymousreply 529March 9, 2024 1:20 AM

They are very difficult animals. Definitely not recommended for first time pet owners. they truly make all the decisions and the owners just go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 530March 9, 2024 3:03 AM

Bengal cats have been known to kill their owners.

by Anonymousreply 531March 9, 2024 3:04 AM

They are trendy and spendy, but mostly wild. Owners usually acquire them then discard them when they don't assimilate into house-cat like behavior.

See also, Eeelaria Baldwin from Bothton, Ethpana.

by Anonymousreply 532March 9, 2024 3:05 AM

[quote]Bengal cats have been known to kill their owners.

Just for the record, I’ve never killed anyone. I can’t say that about my owner, though!

by Anonymousreply 533March 9, 2024 4:24 AM

r533

by Anonymousreply 534March 9, 2024 4:29 AM

It is illegal to own a Bengal cat in NY unless you can prove it is five generations removed from its African Wildcat ancestor.

by Anonymousreply 535March 9, 2024 4:33 AM

That is true. There are levels i found out when i was reading the Hillaria reddit a few years ago. Most people go for the illegal version and never get prosecuted for their ownership of such a la EElariah Baldwin.

Not surprisingly, she comes from approximately the same place as OP. EElllarriah from Bothton, Ethspana.

Perhaps Greg has gone full-on EElariah.

by Anonymousreply 536March 9, 2024 4:41 AM

And on that fateful night of March 22, 2024 Greg (dressed as Grizabella to perform his annual rite of VOICE to the spirit of Lords Temporal Andrew Lloyd Webber) descended his spiral staircase to the opening of “Memories”.

His housekeeper, Mrs. Dudley, told him earlier in the day, “ We live over in town, miles away. So there won't be anyone around if you need help. We couldn't hear you. In the night. No one could. No one lives any nearer than town. No one will come any nearer than that.”

The rescue bengals heard, understood, and lounged whilst filing their nails.

by Anonymousreply 537March 9, 2024 5:30 AM

That cat @ R503 has neurodivergent eyes.

by Anonymousreply 538March 9, 2024 12:23 PM

R537

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539March 9, 2024 12:30 PM

R538 Most likely not a rescue.

by Anonymousreply 540March 9, 2024 12:31 PM

My Neighbor down the road in La Jolla has 2 Bengal cats, Tom and Gerri. Betty Anne tells me that Gerri has the most adorable habit of killing mice& bringing them up to their patio, so Betty Anne can congratulate her on a good kill. My kitty Natasha does the same thing, all cats do LOVE to hunt, stalk and kill beach and field mice. Cats are predators, just like me!!

by Anonymousreply 541March 9, 2024 4:23 PM

Ha Phillywhore, my cat sitter's cat, who is a moggy, is a mighty hunter- mice and rats in the middle of KTown in L.A. The photos that she sends me of the carnage is not adorable at all- one time, it was half a skull with an eye, ear, and some of the nose intact. Most of the time it's half an animal, with all the intestines hanging out.

by Anonymousreply 542March 9, 2024 5:27 PM

Our cat hunted mice, rats, and birds, and would lay them on the doorstep. But she would lay the rats only on the basement doorstep. My mom was grossed out but she always praised and patted the cat and told her she was good, because the cat was just doing what she thought was her job.

by Anonymousreply 543March 9, 2024 7:08 PM

Sometimes a bengal housecat will rip open its owner's carotid artery during the night.

by Anonymousreply 544March 9, 2024 7:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545March 9, 2024 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 9, 2024 7:34 PM

[quote]Cats are predators, just like me!!

I thought Phillywhore was safely 2,300 thousand miles away in the East, not in fricking La Jolla. Hold me, David — I’m scared!

by Anonymousreply 547March 9, 2024 7:36 PM

r547

by Anonymousreply 548March 9, 2024 8:01 PM

Thanks for the [hug], R548. I really needed it.

by Anonymousreply 549March 9, 2024 10:57 PM

Welcome!

by Anonymousreply 550March 9, 2024 11:11 PM

…and ever since that fateful night, when Mrs.Dudley refused to stay at the cursed estate, Gregabella has been drinking milk out of a saucer and singing “Memory” on repeat. He lives inside the walls now.

by Anonymousreply 551March 10, 2024 12:25 AM

Gergabella!

by Anonymousreply 552March 10, 2024 3:21 PM

OP darlings, I thought you knew that! I have a 3-bedroom Condo in Philly 2 blocks off the Schuylkill River Park near Locust St.

I needed a Philly place to rest my weary head when working for my East Coast clients, some can be very demanding. Drexel& Penn grad students, their fathers, and the universities male staff can be quite delicious. The Riverwalk path (and all those yummy victims) is too good to pass up. So many men, not enough time to have them all. Even the BF is like, "We need to go back more" Visit Philly indeed!!

by Anonymousreply 553March 10, 2024 4:43 PM

[quote]Gergabella!

The Bengals are descendants of the Egyptian goddess Bastet. They’ve imbued their supernatural powers into Gergabella by licking his exposed areas while he was sleeping. Someone must have left the cat gate open downstairs!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554March 11, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote] Greg is endangering everyone.

No, just certain people.

I am training them to attack on command.

by Anonymousreply 555March 11, 2024 12:47 PM

[quote] Bengal cats are not tigers in any way, shape, or form. They don't maul people to death.

They will if I give the command.

by Anonymousreply 556March 11, 2024 12:48 PM

[quote] Someone must have left the cat gate open downstairs!

Impossible. I am the last person to see them at night and the first person to greet them in the morning.

There are no fewer than three doors between the rooms where they sleep and the room where I sleep.

by Anonymousreply 557March 11, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote] Sometimes a bengal housecat will rip open its owner's carotid artery during the night.

What a strange person you are.

by Anonymousreply 558March 11, 2024 12:56 PM

OMG!! Greg90210 is a "Demon Master" who controls all Cats!!

I don't want to DIE, I have a BF now, and need to see Annette Bening run amok with a Hacket& get her stolen Oscars back..

by Anonymousreply 559March 11, 2024 2:45 PM

Okay OP, you can have the last post-Cats are TOTALLY ADORABLE& DO NOT KILL INNOCENT PEOPLES.....UNLESS

by Anonymousreply 560March 11, 2024 2:47 PM

Nevermind, we are at #560, I need more espresso in my coffee...Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 561March 11, 2024 2:52 PM

How many of these replies are actually greg talking to himself?

by Anonymousreply 562March 11, 2024 2:57 PM

Watch out, R562. the Children of Bastet will come after you.

by Anonymousreply 563March 11, 2024 3:17 PM

Greg has been unmasked....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564March 11, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote] How many of these replies are actually greg talking to himself?

None.

I do not talk to myself.

by Anonymousreply 565March 11, 2024 7:06 PM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 566March 12, 2024 5:45 AM

Very mature. ^

by Anonymousreply 567March 12, 2024 5:58 AM

Just 32 more responses and my kittens earn a new thread! 🐯

by Anonymousreply 568March 12, 2024 11:32 AM

That Greg, he's all about the pussy.

by Anonymousreply 569March 12, 2024 11:39 AM

[quote] That Greg, he's all about the pussy.

Pussies!

Pussies!

by Anonymousreply 570March 12, 2024 11:53 AM

We are laughing with you Greg.

by Anonymousreply 571March 12, 2024 2:06 PM

Thanks, R571.

I wouldn't think otherwise, but it's kind of you to say.

by Anonymousreply 572March 12, 2024 2:38 PM

R572 We know you wouldn't and that's what makes it so funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573March 12, 2024 2:47 PM

[quote] Bengal cats have been known to kill their owners.

Maybe those owners deserved to be killed.

by Anonymousreply 574March 13, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote] Greg has been unmasked....

That must explain why I feel a breeze.

by Anonymousreply 575March 13, 2024 5:36 PM

Will you have them circumcised?

by Anonymousreply 576March 13, 2024 5:38 PM

[quote] Will you have them circumcised?

The male cat has been neutered.

How about you?

by Anonymousreply 577March 13, 2024 5:52 PM

Ha, we (I help run a local lost pets page) just found an intact male Bengal on the streets. if anyone in Vermont wants one, it'll be up for adoption once it's neutered

by Anonymousreply 578March 13, 2024 8:20 PM

how old RC? A possibly age-appropriate sibling for Prunes and Cod?

by Anonymousreply 579March 13, 2024 8:35 PM

He's young, probably under 2.he's got his length of frame but not any weight. he's a goddamed doll face and half my friends are lined up to adopt him. if I had more time today (the woman who found him has a toddler and no cat stuff, not allowed to have pets) I would have been calling my friends not the cat rescue. He's super friendly which I think is why he's not as skinny as he could be- he's a charmer. I almost guarantee one of my friends adopt him and I can hang out with him.

by Anonymousreply 580March 13, 2024 8:45 PM

Even better RC, what a great win-win. Well done!

by Anonymousreply 581March 13, 2024 8:56 PM

[quote] A possibly age-appropriate sibling for Prunes and Cod?

No.

by Anonymousreply 582March 13, 2024 8:56 PM

[quote]Ha, we (I help run a local lost pets page) just found an intact male Bengal on the streets. if anyone in Vermont wants one, it'll be up for adoption once it's neutered

[quote]He's young, probably under 2.he's got his length of frame but not any weight. he's a goddamed doll face and half my friends are lined up to adopt him

Rescue-chick, if half your friends are lined up to adopt him, you probably shouldn’t advertise him here (unless you think your friends will be terrible cat owners!)

by Anonymousreply 583March 13, 2024 9:03 PM

haha, I am pretty confident there's not too many Vermonters here. my friends are fantastic pet owners fortunately or I couldn't be friends with them (and their pets)

by Anonymousreply 584March 13, 2024 9:14 PM

Hmmm that means he's an escape artist Rescue Chick. Make sure your friends are aware of that.

by Anonymousreply 585March 13, 2024 9:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 13, 2024 9:20 PM

And please make sure, rescue-chick, that you provide your friends with all the warnings that so many generous DL-ers gave me about my new kittens tearing out my carotid artery, etc.

by Anonymousreply 587March 13, 2024 9:26 PM

most of my friends have multiple pitbulls so, they're on guard anyway (s)

by Anonymousreply 588March 13, 2024 9:29 PM

Nice, rescue-chick. I love the American Staffordshire Terrier breed.

I wish they didn't strike fear in the hearts of so many people.

by Anonymousreply 589March 13, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote] provide your friends with all the warnings that so many generous DL-ers gave me about my new kittens tearing out my carotid artery, etc.

You thought those were warnings, Greg?! Well bless your heart!

by Anonymousreply 590March 13, 2024 9:45 PM

he may actually be a savannah cat.

by Anonymousreply 591March 13, 2024 11:36 PM

Savannahs are more rare than Bengals. They get to be pretty big too.

by Anonymousreply 592March 14, 2024 12:15 AM

yeah, it would explain his length of frame and acting like a dog. I, frankly, have never seen such a friendly cat.

by Anonymousreply 593March 14, 2024 12:30 AM

My Bengal pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 594March 14, 2024 8:07 AM

My kittens are adorable, friendly, loving, and so much fun.

They are a source of pleasure and amusement and we love them.

by Anonymousreply 595March 14, 2024 11:43 AM

Are they real Greg?

by Anonymousreply 596March 14, 2024 11:50 AM

Faster!

by Anonymousreply 597March 14, 2024 11:51 AM

Pussycat!

by Anonymousreply 598March 14, 2024 11:51 AM

Kill!

by Anonymousreply 599March 14, 2024 11:51 AM

Kill!

by Anonymousreply 600March 14, 2024 11:51 AM

It’s a wonder who rescued whom, I’m sure….

by Anonymousreply 601March 14, 2024 11:52 AM

You Nuisance!

by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2024 11:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!