Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be underwhelmed—Fragile❄️Snowflake edition

January was so underwhelming, we need a new thread for the leap month

by Anonymousreply 600March 8, 2024 8:04 PM

Where were we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2024 6:00 PM

Do you suppose anthropologists of the future will scroll through these threads trying to understand our civilization?

by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2024 12:46 PM

Why on earth would they want to?

by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2024 12:55 PM

I'm having lunch out for the third day in a row today. I'm getting over having been sick since December. I'm happy to be going out again. I will wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2024 1:02 PM

Because that’s what anthropologists do.

by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2024 1:03 PM

Watching Take That on a 1995 rerun of Top of The Pops is a good fit for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2024 1:07 PM

Lysol wipes were BOGO at the supermarket so I got two deals, four in total. Three Lemon & Lime scent and one Coconut. I would have preferred all four be Lemon but there were only three of the Lemon left. I also had two digital coupons for the wipes, a $1.50 and a $1.00, so great deal all around.

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2024 3:18 PM

Four years ago, you couldn't have bought them at any price. Weird world.

by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2024 4:40 PM

Not so weird. COVID panic.

by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2024 6:34 PM

I'm on day 2 of cleaning and reorganizing my closet.

by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2024 6:37 PM

Do mine next?

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2024 6:41 PM

Sitting here staring into space

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2024 6:45 PM

r12, well, you're also kinda typing your post.

by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]Sitting here staring into space.

I often do that, until I start feeling like a mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2024 7:32 PM

My cat has been under the sofa all day (and half of last night). I can tell my partner thinks I'm panicking for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2024 8:40 PM

I am making corned beef brisket. Smells nice in here.

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2024 8:54 PM

The last two episodes of The Bear went off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2024 8:54 PM

I began cleaning out my home office supplies. I have a new job where I no longer work from home.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2024 11:47 PM

Wiping my ass

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2024 12:20 AM

My credit card bill is going to be over $1,000, this period. For me, that's a lot.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2024 12:34 AM

I’m waiting for the water to boil for my spaghetti.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2024 1:07 AM

I think I'll eat some Camembert.

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2024 1:09 AM

Turns out one can be too underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2024 1:12 AM

I’m not leaping unless it shortens this awful month. (I’ve never bothered to learn what leap years do or why or when. Typing this has whelmed me sufficiently as it is. I don’t think even a two-maraschino-cherry Shirley Temple will help.)

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]I’ve never bothered to learn what leap years do or why or when.

I think traditionally leap years were when women proposed to men.

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2024 2:16 AM

Leap Year explained.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2024 2:32 AM

So, I thought I had found a Monet-hot, piano bar-hot, gogo boy-hot actor named Nicholas Galitzine who was in the Craft remake and a cute movie called “Bottoms”.

His current photos reveal razor sharp cheekbones - no longer goofy looking at all…. Now, just another hot actor. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2024 5:07 AM

I ran out of space on my Ipad even after deleting everything that isn't essential. Most of the storage is used up by "system data." I think I will have to do a factory reset but it seems like a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2024 5:27 AM

I forgot to run the dishwasher last night and all my Fiesta 18 oz. Bistro mugs are dirty. I had to use my 15 oz. Fiesta tapered mug instead which required me to refill my cup something I normally don't have to do. That extra 3 ounces the Bistro mug offers makes a difference and is the perfect size for the amount of coffee/creamer I need to get going without having to remove the dogs from my lap and get a refill. The dishwasher is running now so I don't suffer this problem again tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2024 12:09 PM

My special green tea blend is not as good as the special green tea blend I usually get from my tea shop. They were out.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2024 12:12 PM

I found a suitable alternative to the 365 (Whole Foods) fusilli pasta that got changed for the worse. My alternative is a rotini, though.

by Anonymousreply 31February 5, 2024 9:19 PM

I had a Jimmy Dean Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissant for breakfast. It was quite good. I take one out of the freezer the night before to thaw then a quick 50 seconds in the microwave wrapped in a paper towel in the morning. Easy peasy. I find thawing overnight produces the best results.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2024 11:55 AM

I went to Sprouts this morning. I like that they open at 7:00 a.m. I'm an early morning shopper, in and out and back home before most people are even out and about. I wish Trader Joe's opened at 7:00 instead of 8:00.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2024 3:07 PM

That’s usually when I go too. No crowds, pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2024 3:12 PM

I have 2 Shop Rites near me that are open 24/7. On a Sunday morning, I will be there around 7:30 or 8 am. Sunday is the day they put out the fresh produce.

by Anonymousreply 35February 6, 2024 4:07 PM

I was looking forward all week to indulging in carrot cake pancakes after my fasting blood test this morning, but when I got to the restaurant it turned out it is closed on Tuesdays.

Wah wah.

by Anonymousreply 36February 6, 2024 4:11 PM

I don't like spiral or tube pasta. Penne is the worst along with that spaghetti-esque noodle with a hole in the center making it a long tube. It's too weird. I only like long noodles or filled noodles. Sometimes giant shells.

by Anonymousreply 37February 6, 2024 9:02 PM

I like fusilli and rotini best.

For long shapes, I like fettucine and papardelle.

Disliked shapes: angel hair (what’s the point), penne (too large and chunky for one bite). Spaghetti is okay, but fettucine is always preferable.

by Anonymousreply 38February 6, 2024 9:07 PM

You seem easily whelmed by pasta shapes, R37.

by Anonymousreply 39February 6, 2024 9:08 PM

I like Cavatappi and penne. DeCecco brand only.

I'm still bitter Ronzoni discontinued their pastina.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2024 9:09 PM

[quote]I'm still bitter Ronzoni discontinued their pastina.

I thought I found some on Amazon, r40. The box says pastina, but unfortunately, it's the bigger, thicker kind. Don't bother.

My favorites are angel hair and cavatappi, usually DeCecco. But I tried Garofalo angel hair this time. It's good, but I'm not sure I could distinguish it from DeCecco.

by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2024 11:28 PM

I found out how not to have pants make my ass look fat.

I quit wearing pants.

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2024 11:50 PM

Omg I can't with the cavatappi but papardalle is the bomb! And orzo is good if you don't have pastina.

by Anonymousreply 43February 7, 2024 1:13 AM

Our local Italian restaurant made a Bolognese sauce (probably not authentic, not traditional) served with papardelle and a large meatball. I rarely eat beef, but that was so good.

by Anonymousreply 44February 7, 2024 2:06 AM

As somebody who would love to be a fatter whore, I purchased mezi rigatoni thinking it would adhere to more sauce.

It doesn’t and a dry cup provides less pasta than this beef jerky body demands. It’s one of the few pastas that make me want bread on the side (an insult to Italian cooking according to my sister-in-law).

by Anonymousreply 45February 7, 2024 2:25 AM

R45, maybe you need bronze-cut pasta, which is supposed to have a rougher outside texture that sauce can adhere to.

by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2024 2:56 AM

R45 or try shells or orecchiette which hold sauce better. Or add some of the pasta water to help the sauce cling.

To feel more full you can add some cannellini beans to your pasta and sauce. I do this sometimes so that I eat less pasta.

by Anonymousreply 47February 7, 2024 3:11 AM

My linen closet was a mess so I emptied it out, threw all the towels and blankets on my bed, neatly folded them, then I arranged them all by size and put them back into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 48February 7, 2024 3:57 AM

[quote]Or add some of the pasta water to help the sauce cling.

Which, of course, would be impossible if you had committed the unforgivable crime of draining your pasta.

by Anonymousreply 49February 7, 2024 4:00 AM

Not if you ladled out a cupful before draining.

by Anonymousreply 50February 7, 2024 4:09 AM

My cat is displeased.

by Anonymousreply 51February 7, 2024 4:10 AM

I’m going to have pasta tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 52February 7, 2024 4:13 AM

R48 I'd have a few puffs of my pre roll and love doing tasks like that. It's surprisingly fun and rewarding. Sober, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 53February 7, 2024 4:15 AM

My skin has been breaking out in little pimples more than usual. I am a clean man. Use a silicone scrubber and Aveeno sensitive skin body wash.

by Anonymousreply 54February 7, 2024 4:17 AM

I might try a new coffee grind in the morning. I fill my own reusable Keurig pods. Coffee is helping me get out of bed in the morning. I just started drinking it last year and I am 57. Addicted. If I have more than 2 cups in the morning I seem to have trouble falling asleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 55February 7, 2024 4:20 AM

You can get acne at any age, R54.

by Anonymousreply 56February 7, 2024 7:55 AM

Late night US DL was off the rails. Now too quiet. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 57February 7, 2024 7:57 AM

I like Chef Jean Pierre's French Door Oven. I wish I had a French Door Oven.

by Anonymousreply 58February 7, 2024 11:48 AM

R58 I have a French door toaster oven/air fryer combo thingie. Are you jealous?

by Anonymousreply 59February 7, 2024 11:51 AM

Your toaster oven sounds nice r59, I have a Breville toaster oven myself that I love. However, Chef Jean Pierre's French door oven is a full-size wall oven and I imagine quite pricey and out of my range.

by Anonymousreply 60February 7, 2024 12:25 PM

I'd mention that the intensity of some of the opinions here mistakes boorishness with being underwhelmed, but I really don't care. I have half a lobster roll.

by Anonymousreply 61February 7, 2024 12:41 PM

Why was Tony Orlando singing about "Candida" in the 1970s? Isn't that a women's gynecological problem? Odd choice of material.

by Anonymousreply 62February 7, 2024 1:55 PM

It’s a girl’s name in the song. A better question is “what were her parents thinking?”

by Anonymousreply 63February 7, 2024 2:23 PM

I worked with someone named Candida years ago and I thought it was odd but it's a very old name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 7, 2024 6:47 PM

French door ovens gave me arm burns that took time to vanish, FWIW.

I’ve recently played with broiling steaks - they came down in price for some reason. Too much stench for my tiny apartment.

by Anonymousreply 65February 7, 2024 11:35 PM

[quote]I worked with someone named Candida years ago and I thought it was odd but it's a very old name.

"Candida" is also the name of a play by George Bernard Shaw.

by Anonymousreply 66February 7, 2024 11:40 PM

I had a paczki this morning. Never had one before. It was custard filled and good. They also had apple filled and raspberry filled. I'll try apple next time.

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2024 12:38 PM

They forgot to put in orders for one of my tests so I have to go back and pee in a bottle again and I’m going to have carrot cake pancakes for lunch!

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote]Lysol wipes were BOGO at the supermarket so I got two deals, four in total. Three Lemon & Lime scent and one Coconut. I would have preferred all four be Lemon but there were only three of the Lemon left. I also had two digital coupons for the wipes, a $1.50 and a $1.00, so great deal all around.

Damn it, they were all out of Lysol by the time I got there....

and I have an "odor" problem too

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2024 5:58 PM

[quote]carrot cake pancakes

BRING THESE TO ME IMMEDIATELY!

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2024 5:59 PM

[quote]Why was Tony Orlando singing about "Candida" in the 1970s? Isn't that a women's gynecological problem?

I knew her...and she had a smelly cunt

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2024 6:01 PM

Get your own, Chrissy

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2024 6:07 PM

PON!

THIS FRAGILE SNOWFLAKE IS HUNGRY FOR CARROT CAKE PANCAKES!!!

(Move your ass before I ship you back to wherever it is you came from!)

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2024 6:38 PM

God doesn’t want me wrapping my lips around those carrot cake pancakes. The restaurant closed at 2:00

Wah wah

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2024 7:10 PM

I hadn't had a Costco hot dog since they changed them, and I got one the other night. Mustard only. It was good.

I don't see how they stay in business, offering this and the soda for $1.50. Still.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2024 7:18 PM

Threats of whelm surround me, looming on every side. If staying under a blanket on the couch doesn’t help, I’m a goner.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2024 7:21 PM

Costco sells everything at cost or below. They make money off of member fees.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2024 7:24 PM

I'm going to make 4 ingredient banana bread. Whole egg mayo (Hellmann's), self-rising flour, dark brown sugar, bananas. Wish me luck.

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2024 7:32 PM

I'm in a pissy mood today and I don't know exactly why. Let's hope tomorrow will be better.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2024 8:17 PM

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2024 8:19 PM

Husband has had 7 AM starts and late dinners all week this week, and he's the client.

by Anonymousreply 81February 8, 2024 8:20 PM

Pon?

by Anonymousreply 82February 8, 2024 10:25 PM

I used my shirt folder to organize and stack my t-shirts and golf shirts today.

Along with sweatpants and hoodies and thermal stuff, they're all stacked up neatly folded.

by Anonymousreply 83February 8, 2024 10:44 PM

I bought some new shirt hangers and pants hangers. All black, including the hooks and clips. My closet now looks like a boutique, except for the actual clothes.

by Anonymousreply 84February 8, 2024 11:05 PM

R83, dare I ask: shirt folder?

by Anonymousreply 85February 8, 2024 11:08 PM

R83–can you come over? Somebody really needs to do some laundry around here.

by Anonymousreply 86February 8, 2024 11:22 PM

R85 - see below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2024 12:20 AM

Lady Gaga looks like an alien T-Rex in the Nurtec commercial.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2024 3:30 AM

I watched a 1963 episode of To Tell the Truth and the contestant was hairstylist to the stars Jay Sebring. I didn't make the connection as I was watching that he was killed alongside Sharon Tate by the Manson Family.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2024 9:38 AM

I saw that episode a while ago, R89. The big news about him when they introduced his segment was that he charged an unheard-of $50 for a haircut. I made the connection as soon as I heard his name and was able to immediately pick him out from the two imposters.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2024 9:47 AM

r90, I was surprised Jay was so introverted and lowkey. I expected a hairdresser to the stars to be extroverted. He only smiled when Kitty explained why she voted for him. He was killed when he was 35 so only 30 on the show and already so successful.

The imposter who said Frank Sinatra had brown eyes made me laugh. I guess he never heard the expression "old blue eyes". That imposter turned out to be a waiter at Sardi's.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2024 3:11 PM

I don't eat breakfast on Tuesdays and Fridays.

I don't eat dinner on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Partial fasting is supposed to lengthen my telomeres.

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2024 3:13 PM

When I do Intermittent Fasting of 16 hours or more I don't snore.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2024 3:16 PM

I did an on-line "chat" with a customer service rep who kept prefacing every question with "humbly". May I humbly ask you to verify our address? May I humbly ask you to wait one or two minutes while I look into this? May I humbly ask you to confirm the quantity you ordered? May I humbly ask that you wait ten business days for the Refund to appear in your account? The company followed up with a survey asking me to rate the rep, I gave her the five stars or whatever was the highest score and when they asked for additional feedback I said she was "humble".

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2024 4:57 PM

I don’t rate anyone “humble” unless they prostrate themselves before me.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2024 5:07 PM

r83 are you The Gap Playlist guy?

by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2024 5:40 PM

I love how my pets choose to hang out with me when I am WFH. My cat is napping and having a dream. My dog is watching her, I think he thinks its cute too.

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2024 6:20 PM

Now kitty is snoring.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2024 6:25 PM

My cat has become a little to greedy for lap time, and she insists I sit Indian style so she’s comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2024 6:28 PM

[quote]The imposter who said Frank Sinatra had brown eyes made me laugh. I guess he never heard the expression "old blue eyes".

R91, I may be wrong, but I don't think "Ol' Blue Eyes" had become a widely used nickname for Sinatra in 1963. "Ol' Blue Eyes Is Back" was the title of a Sinatra television special broadcast on NBC in November 1973, after Sinatra had prematurely announced his retirement.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2024 7:11 PM

Sadly, I worked in a Gap-type store and we had to fold t-shirts to board, which was a plexiglass square. I have never performed such an underwhelming task for the minimum wage.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2024 7:31 PM

R79 here. I went for a walk today and feel much better. The pissy mood has lifted.

While out on my walk, I noticed a neighbor having their closets done by Closets by Design. I'm jealous. I want them to come do my garage. The asshole husband of the couple I bought my condo from ripped out the closet with the door that my next door neighbor has. Maybe next year. Or the year after since I want to have my second bathroom re-done.

by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2024 8:59 PM

[quote]I went for a walk today and feel much better.

Walks are remarkable for their ability to change one's mood for the better.

by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2024 9:01 PM

Justice is just ice

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2024 9:02 PM

[quote]Walks are remarkable for their ability to change one's mood for the better.

If only they didn't require so much walking.

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2024 9:03 PM

Not if you walk to the pie shop.

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2024 9:11 PM

I agree, R103. But my mood was so bad yesterday that I didn't even feel like lacing up and getting outside.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2024 9:11 PM

I like listening to people with British and Scottish accents speak. I'll listen to them talk about almost anything.

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2024 12:17 AM

On the flip side, I don't enjoy listening to Australian accents and will click off a youtube video the moment I hear that accent.

My apologies to any Australian DLers here. You probably wouldn't like my NY/NJ/PA Italian accent either although I've tamed it quite a bit over the years in order to blend into the business world.

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2024 12:24 AM

How about New Zealand?

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2024 12:48 AM

Yeah, I find some Australian accents hard on the ears.

NZ accent is probably closer to how Americans speak, but what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2024 12:50 AM

R111- No NZ accent is very similar to the Australian accent.

The Canadian accent is similar to the way Americans speak.

by Anonymousreply 112February 10, 2024 4:35 PM

R112, yes, I realize that the NZ is more similar to Australian (than US accent). However, IMO, it may be somewhere between Australian and US.

by Anonymousreply 113February 10, 2024 4:39 PM

Nertz for Mertz

by Anonymousreply 114February 10, 2024 8:21 PM

I made potato leek soup yesterday so had leftovers for lunch and also ate a hot dog.

by Anonymousreply 115February 10, 2024 8:44 PM

I forgot to eat breakfast. Very unlike me.

by Anonymousreply 116February 10, 2024 8:50 PM

Sounds good, R115.

by Anonymousreply 117February 10, 2024 9:01 PM

How do people from Ithaca, Albany Buffalo etc call NYC ? do they say " the city"? Or NY?

by Anonymousreply 118February 10, 2024 9:40 PM

Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 119February 10, 2024 9:41 PM

I really love Nina Simone and I've been bingewatching a lot of her performances however, is it me or does it look like she was under the influence of drugs or alcohol throughout many of her performances?

by Anonymousreply 120February 10, 2024 9:43 PM

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 121February 10, 2024 9:47 PM

In the 70s Cecily Tyson lost many opportunities to win an Oscar to less talented white actresses

by Anonymousreply 122February 10, 2024 10:06 PM

Dan Abrams is my idol.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2024 10:08 PM

Cecily Tyson!

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2024 10:24 PM

Nina Simone !

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2024 10:26 PM

It's Black History Month

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2024 10:27 PM

This morning I Dremel-ed my toenails and I gave myself a haircut and beard trim with my Flowbee this afternoon.

Personal grooming made super easy.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2024 10:45 PM

I have a positive relationship with death

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2024 10:48 PM

R118 - “ How do people from Ithaca, Albany Buffalo etc call NYC ? do they say " the city"? Or NY?”

On the phone, Rose. That’s HOW people from Ithaca, Albany, Buffalo, etc call NYC.

Now, WHAT do people from Ithaca, Albany Buffalo, etc, call NYC, is another matter.

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2024 11:09 PM

R127, what kind of dremel?

by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2024 11:30 PM

We went to see the movie “Argylle.” I was so underwhelmed that I fell asleep twice.

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 1:03 AM

Tomorrow I'm whipping up a big batch of my Sniffle Soup I will also make some Quinoa to put in the soup after it's completed.

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 2:12 AM

I am trying to watch “Kaboom” - the Araki movie and it might be easier of I set it on mute.

Cute people with constant one liners.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 2:17 AM

[quote]I forgot to eat breakfast. Very unlike me.

Or, at least, very unlike you before you started suffering from memory loss.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 2:30 AM

R130 An old corded Dremel I’ve owned for years. Cheap ones are on EBay.

by Anonymousreply 135February 11, 2024 5:25 AM

Beecher's World's Best Mac and Cheese frozen entrees were BOGO. I stocked up. Normally $12.49 each so two for $12.49 is a good deal. I won't say how many I bought as the last time they were BOGO and I shared here how many I bought DLers were quite derisive. It's always a gamble to bare your soul on DL, the mocking can be crushing if you don't have a certain amount of intestinal fortitude.

Also, the "original" variety is the best one.

by Anonymousreply 136February 11, 2024 11:27 AM

r136 underwhelming and boring are not exactly synonymous.

by Anonymousreply 137February 11, 2024 11:29 AM

[quote]the mocking can be crushing if you don't have a certain amount of intestinal fortitude

So can eating too much mac and cheese.

by Anonymousreply 138February 11, 2024 11:30 AM

I love DLers, I really do, even when they are testing my fortitude.

And I want you all to know that I picture you all to be attractive. Reason being, I spend a lot of time here so I like to think I keep company with pretty people.

by Anonymousreply 139February 11, 2024 11:38 AM

I feel more underwhelmed by the ever more snow-flakey weather reports about the upcoming storm in the Northeast.

If I'm wrong (like the forecasts have been all winter: we haven't had much snow at all so far) and they're right and we get walloped by bombogenesis and a foot or two of snow I may feel differently by Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 140February 11, 2024 12:04 PM

That would definitely sour my mood, r140.

by Anonymousreply 141February 11, 2024 1:09 PM

I usually cook oatmeal every morning, but I think I'm finally going to give overnight oats a try. Am I turning into a Pinterest frau?

by Anonymousreply 142February 11, 2024 1:33 PM

Overnight rolled oats? Seems like overkill.

by Anonymousreply 143February 11, 2024 3:54 PM

R142 I also considered overnight oats but I cook mine with a lot of cinnamon and a dash of allspice and love the way it makes the kitchen smell every morning. It’s worth the five minute effort.

by Anonymousreply 144February 11, 2024 4:29 PM

I just discovered I have a dairy intolerance.

by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2024 7:35 PM

R115-I'm currently in the process of making Sniffle Soup.

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2024 8:24 PM

R145 I recommend making pizzas with different veggie shreds to see which you can substitute. I think Daiya and Follow Your Heart work best.

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2024 8:40 PM

I recommend Trader Joe’s steel-cut oats. Pre-cooked, frozen. 3 minutes in the microwave. They have a touch of maple syrup, but are not very sweet. I add walnuts and berries.

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2024 8:52 PM

I don't believe for one second that Taylor and Travis have ever been intimate

by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2024 9:31 PM

Did she make it for the Big Game?

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2024 9:34 PM

The opening scenes of Peyton Place makes me so melancholic

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2024 9:39 PM

When it gets to the autumn part, I weep

by Anonymousreply 152February 11, 2024 9:44 PM

I’m playing the NYT Spelling Bee and it’s telling me MANGINA is not a word. 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 153February 11, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote]The opening scenes of Peyton Place makes me so melancholic

Me too. The lovely Franz Waxman theme music really enhances it.

by Anonymousreply 154February 11, 2024 10:03 PM

I wish the Superbowl was on in the afternoon. I’ve already lost interest and it hasn’t even started yet.

by Anonymousreply 155February 11, 2024 10:20 PM

Do we need a general on-going "Chat" thread in addition to Underwhelmed?

by Anonymousreply 156February 11, 2024 11:21 PM

A lot of the chatter is underwhelming

by Anonymousreply 157February 11, 2024 11:25 PM

Now THIS is a half time show!

by Anonymousreply 158February 12, 2024 12:39 AM

I watched this 48 Hours about Bernie Tiede, a gay mortician who befriended, then killed, a rich, cantankerous widow (Marjorie Nugent). Bernie put her body in a freezer and nobody went looking for Rich Lady until 9 months later. Meanwhile, Bernie spent around $700,000 in early '90s money.

I also watched the 2011 movie ("Bernie") about the incident. Cast: Jack Black as Bernie, Shirley MacLaine as Mrs. Nugent, and Matthew McConaughey as the zealous DA who changed venues (trial) because the town loved Bernie & would not convict him.

Shirley was the best part of the movie and I stopped watching after her character died.

Spoiler alert: Bernie got convicted 50 miles outside of Carthage TX (where the killing took place) and is still incarcerated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159February 12, 2024 12:46 AM

A bit of chatter is fine.

by Anonymousreply 160February 12, 2024 1:13 AM

The story about Bernie is sensational because it runs against the usual gay man motherhenning of older folks.

Sorry, but our meanest cunts look after the most vulnerable people all the tome.

by Anonymousreply 161February 12, 2024 1:51 AM

I am boiling roasted chicken bones for a broth - only one bay leaf this time. I have gone overboard with spices before. This time, I am hoping to make a food soup starter!

by Anonymousreply 162February 12, 2024 2:12 AM

Winter storm warning for a good part of New England on Tuesday. Six or more inches.

by Anonymousreply 163February 12, 2024 2:19 AM

[quote] Six or more inches.

Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 164February 12, 2024 4:34 AM

The area where my sister lives is expecting 8 to 12 inches.

by Anonymousreply 165February 12, 2024 8:34 AM

For breakfast I had a Thomas' plain mini bagel toasted topped with a Wholly Guacamole mini cup. It was a nice little mini themed breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 166February 12, 2024 1:13 PM

Your mixing breakfast ethincities R166, not that there's anything wrong with that...

by Anonymousreply 167February 12, 2024 3:58 PM

I have been up since very early doing a bunch of work that has been hanging over my head. And so it shall continue...for the entire week. I am trying to manifest underwhelm and not anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 168February 12, 2024 3:59 PM

There's a young Korean woman on Youtube who does ASMR. She has the saddest eyes. She has 2M followers. I've followed her since the ASMR craze began and her eyes weren't so sad in the beginning and she posted more frequently and more creatively. Then she disappeared for a few months and when she came back I noticed the sad eyes. Korea puts a lot of pressure on their young adults to be successful, become wealthy and be perfect. There appears to be a high un- aliving rate amongst the young celebrities in Korea.

by Anonymousreply 169February 12, 2024 4:59 PM

I don't like the expression "Elder Gay". I prefer "Vintage". Can we re-brand to "Vintage Gay"??

by Anonymousreply 170February 12, 2024 5:14 PM

ASMR = Annoying Sounds Made Repeatedly

by Anonymousreply 171February 12, 2024 5:34 PM

My bank emailed me to let me know my new Debit card has "shipped" as my current one expires 3/24. I appreciate the heads up.

by Anonymousreply 172February 12, 2024 6:39 PM

R169, was that Latte ASMR?

Ting Ting ASMR disappeared for a while then came back, but she’s Chinese and also, doesn’t seem sad.

by Anonymousreply 173February 12, 2024 6:39 PM

Eldergay is one word.

by Anonymousreply 174February 12, 2024 6:42 PM

Yes, Latte! In the beginning she had a lot of videos that included tea making and pouring which I love (I also watch a lot tea ceremony videos), chopping fruit and making recipes all with creative sets she seemed to put a lot of effort into. Now she just seems to go through the motions of doing the standard eye exam/ear exam/front desk receptionist everyone does with dead eyes.

I never liked Ting Ting, too coquettish.

by Anonymousreply 175February 12, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote]Eldergay is one word.

Nuh-uh.

by Anonymousreply 176February 12, 2024 6:50 PM

Didn't get as much done as I hoped today.

by Anonymousreply 177February 12, 2024 6:54 PM

R175, I think Latte struggled w/depression for a while. I think she’s really caring and empathetic. That can be tiring.

Ting Ting, on the other hand, is more bubbly.

by Anonymousreply 178February 12, 2024 7:35 PM

What's it all about, Alfie?

by Anonymousreply 179February 12, 2024 7:58 PM

TripAdvisor has the worst search function on their forums. Who needs to see threads from 2007 when you are looking for current travel information?

by Anonymousreply 180February 12, 2024 8:23 PM

I made a New Year resolution to learn Spanish. I bought a dozen books and Rosetta Stone CD's.

They're sitting in a pile next to my bed. Still.

by Anonymousreply 181February 12, 2024 8:24 PM

There's always New Year's Day 2025, R181.

by Anonymousreply 182February 12, 2024 8:41 PM

I’m told I’m getting 8-12” tonight/tomorrow.

😦

by Anonymousreply 183February 12, 2024 8:48 PM

Sprinkle

by Anonymousreply 184February 12, 2024 10:21 PM

Matt Damon's face gives me so much comfort. Reminds me of my high-school days

by Anonymousreply 185February 12, 2024 10:52 PM

I have a craving for mango juice

by Anonymousreply 186February 12, 2024 10:58 PM

Eating animal crackers

by Anonymousreply 187February 12, 2024 11:00 PM

{quote]I’m told I’m getting 8-12” tonight/tomorrow.

Aren't you the lucky one!

by Anonymousreply 188February 12, 2024 11:46 PM

R151- The theme music to Father Knows Best always did that to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189February 12, 2024 11:52 PM

I can't find the new Jeopardy thread

by Anonymousreply 190February 13, 2024 12:00 AM

R183 Now they're saying we'll be lucky to get 4 inches.

by Anonymousreply 191February 13, 2024 12:20 AM

I just read that NYC may get a foot of snow.

by Anonymousreply 192February 13, 2024 1:09 AM

They keep changing the weather report, I have no idea how many inches I'm getting!

My partner's work will be closed, at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 193February 13, 2024 2:17 AM

Now it's down to 1 to 3 inches total in Boston.

All the schools are already closed tomorrow, my credit union will be closed, trash is delayed a day.

It makes no sense - unless you're flying, I guess - to look at the weather until the day before it's supposed to happen. They hyped this starting last week as "Snowmageddon."

I guess not. Enjoy the day off.

by Anonymousreply 194February 13, 2024 3:25 AM

I hate fake snowmageddons.

by Anonymousreply 195February 13, 2024 12:17 PM

It’s not fake here. I’m getting a dump of heavy, sticky snow. Boston was spared because the track went south

by Anonymousreply 196February 13, 2024 1:29 PM

Apparently now Boston will get nothing but rain and it'll be over by 1 or 2 this afternoon.

All hype. Or else, start using the European forecasting models - they're more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 197February 13, 2024 1:42 PM

It’s not hype. It’s still tricky to predict storm tracks.

by Anonymousreply 198February 13, 2024 1:45 PM

It's Snowmaggeddon outside NYC. I've already shoveled my driveway and walkway once this morning, and we've had another 3 - 4 inches since then so I will be back out there at least once more. I looks like we have 8 inches already and it's wet, heavy snow.

by Anonymousreply 199February 13, 2024 1:49 PM

Of course it's tricky but the local Boston news stations were calling for a blizzard as recently as last night, offering no alternatives, presumably to draw eyeballs.

It is what it wasn't going to be 18 hours ago. Ike had better luck with the weather reports when the Allies landed in Normandy. In 1944, when the science of meteorology was a lot less advanced.

by Anonymousreply 200February 13, 2024 1:52 PM

It's dumping huge snowflakes on me right now. One of our local meteorologists likes to say it's "puking snow."

No idea how many inches I've gotten. Too many!

by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2024 1:57 PM

My snow predictions went up and down all night I went to bed at 4-6 and that’s on the ground already.. The news has to prepare people for the worst case scenario. You know, for safety.

by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2024 1:59 PM

I like a strong Russian accent

by Anonymousreply 203February 13, 2024 3:03 PM

[quote]One of our local meteorologists likes to say it's "puking snow."

How classy.

by Anonymousreply 204February 13, 2024 8:46 PM

I once went to Waffle House and said I really wanted some pancakes and they said, "sorry, we only have waffles".

by Anonymousreply 205February 13, 2024 9:09 PM

I feel achy today. An all over achiness. Is this what is in store for me as time marches on?

by Anonymousreply 206February 13, 2024 9:22 PM

Perhaps IHOP would have fulfilled your needs better, r205.

by Anonymousreply 207February 13, 2024 9:30 PM

The most watched TV show since 1969 , Moon Landing

by Anonymousreply 208February 13, 2024 11:40 PM

R208, and here all this time, I thought it was MY WEDDING to Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 13, 2024 11:52 PM

I'm watching YT clips of MJ live performances

I wish I could time travel

by Anonymousreply 210February 14, 2024 12:01 AM

[quote]I feel achy today. An all over achiness. Is this what is in store for me as time marches on?

You have no idea. At my age, EVERYTHING hurts.

by Anonymousreply 211February 14, 2024 8:32 AM

In each life a little rain must fall.

Sometimes it rains like hell.

by Anonymousreply 212February 14, 2024 1:56 PM

NYT says special election result “underwhelming.” I’m so proud.

[quote] So we’d usually say this was a fairly straightforward result. If anything, one could advance the idea that the results were slightly underwhelming for Democrats, given all of the aforementioned advantages than Mr. Suozzi seemed to possess.

by Anonymousreply 213February 14, 2024 3:06 PM

Is there anything more horrifying than the moment you open your phone camera and unexpectedly find it's set to front-facing? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 214February 14, 2024 3:27 PM

My espresso machine is such a dom.

“Empty the coffee puck bin.”

“Ok, I will, but I’m just going clean the milk frother first”

“No! Do it now! NOW!”

by Anonymousreply 215February 14, 2024 5:07 PM

There's a guy on youtube I watch sometimes, Paolo from Tokyo, I believe he has a foot fetish. He always includes shots of the women's feet he features especially his wife.

This aside, I like when he does "A day in the life of a......" videos. i.e. a day in the life a Japanese office worker or restaurant owner or employee, or anime illustrator, etc. He follows them around from the minute their alarm clock goes off in morning to when they go to bed. I just watched one about a woman working in her wealthy family's tea business. He showed the tea making process and the fields, etc., very interesting.

A while back he did one about his sister in law's wedding. No dancing at Japanese weddings and a lot of rules and requirements about amount of the cash gift you give even for someone's boss. The bride and groom also have to give their guests a lot of gifts.

by Anonymousreply 216February 14, 2024 6:39 PM

Paolo is too cheerful and childish.

by Anonymousreply 217February 14, 2024 7:51 PM

Yeah, r217, he needs to tone down the smarmy grin, way over the top.

I watch tons of videos about Japan from a plethora of youtubers. It's on my bucket list to visit. I lost my only compatible travel partner a few years ago and am hesitant to travel alone. DLers have assured me countless times that it's safe and easy to travel to Japan solo but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm becoming a scaredy cat as I get older.

by Anonymousreply 218February 14, 2024 8:05 PM

R218, a friend, who is in her 60s, just went to Japan solo. It’s definitely doable.

by Anonymousreply 219February 14, 2024 8:53 PM

Had late calls and now I'm wired for sound.

by Anonymousreply 220February 14, 2024 9:25 PM

People appearing on TV particularly republican politicians with ashed forehead 🙄

by Anonymousreply 221February 15, 2024 1:52 AM

As a nasty smoker, I used to offer to save catholic coworkers a trip to mass, r221.

I was a dick.

by Anonymousreply 222February 15, 2024 2:14 AM

r22 a dick, maybe, but, a funny one!

by Anonymousreply 223February 15, 2024 11:08 AM

^^^ I meant r222.

by Anonymousreply 224February 15, 2024 11:09 AM

I am now at the age of faux poo -explosive gas with very little product in the bowl.

by Anonymousreply 225February 15, 2024 11:12 AM

River is losing too much weight. He's on a carnivore diet.

by Anonymousreply 226February 15, 2024 2:06 PM

Traveling solo is the best! Except for having to pay for double occupancy in hotels.

by Anonymousreply 227February 15, 2024 5:05 PM

I like a vegan smile. A no fat diet kinda smile is sexy

by Anonymousreply 228February 15, 2024 7:46 PM

Go jump in a lake, R225.

by Anonymousreply 229February 15, 2024 9:10 PM

I don't like Jenna Hager Bush and her fat face. What is her talent? Why is she on tv?

by Anonymousreply 230February 15, 2024 9:43 PM

Guess.

by Anonymousreply 231February 15, 2024 9:48 PM

My last incandescent indoor flood light burned out. I bought Feit LED replacements but haven’t screwed them in yet.

The new LED bulbs have a little switch on them to adjust the tone / warmth.

by Anonymousreply 232February 15, 2024 9:50 PM

I just watched a carrot cake video and she used browned butter and regular sugar not confectioners' sugar to make the cream cheese frosting, interesting. She also added 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to the batter. I'm enthralled by the entire recipe and may have to make this.

by Anonymousreply 233February 16, 2024 1:04 AM

Ooooo…report back, please!

by Anonymousreply 234February 16, 2024 1:06 AM

She runs a cooking school in Boston so her recipes are consistently good and well researched. A friend of mine made an Earl Grey cake of hers that was really good a few years ago. She has a separate video as to why she now uses baking sheets to bake cakes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235February 16, 2024 1:22 AM

Resisting the urge to eat the other mini mars bar in the 2 pack.

by Anonymousreply 236February 16, 2024 2:11 AM

[quote]She has a separate video as to why she now uses baking sheets to bake cakes.

Instead of cake pans? Do they come out looking like large pancakes?

by Anonymousreply 237February 16, 2024 2:28 AM

IIRC, she makes layered cakes.

I like her videos and would trust her. She experiments a lot and debunks a lot of things. She tries to make things easy for the home cook.

by Anonymousreply 238February 16, 2024 4:23 AM

I’m having a procedure requiring anesthesia today. I chose an afternoon appointment because a friend has to take me there and home, and I didn’t want him to have to get up at 5:00 AM, but I didn’t think about the “no food or water” instruction. How am I going to survive until 2:00 PM.?

Any advice, Darfur orphan?

by Anonymousreply 239February 16, 2024 12:47 PM

A penny in your mouth keeps you from getting thirsty! It was in the Happy Hollisters books.

by Anonymousreply 240February 16, 2024 1:01 PM

Haagen Dazs was BOGO so I got two deals. Two Pineapple Coconut and two Coffee. I don't particularly care for HD's Coffee flavor but a friend of mine will be dog sitting for me next week and he likes their Coffee ice cream so I got them for him to enjoy while he's staying here. He also likes crushed Oreos on his coffee ice cream so I got a package of Oreos. I suppose I could have just bought the already crushed Oreo topping but I thought the cookies would be more versatile. They can be eaten as is or crushed. He can just put some in a ziploc bag and beat them with my meat mallet to crush them. Or he can use the mini food processor I bought at Aldi years ago for $10 that is still going strong. Or he can use one of my two Mortar and Pestles, large or small. Or he can throw the package against the kitchen counter until they crush. Or he can drop the package on the floor until the cookies are crushed. The possibilities are endless as to how he can crush his cookies. I personally would use the ziploc bag method.

by Anonymousreply 241February 16, 2024 5:01 PM

"I personally would use the ziploc bag method."

I wondered which would be your eventual choice.

by Anonymousreply 242February 16, 2024 5:05 PM

R241, how sweet of you to get the Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream plus Oreos. I think coffee is one of the better HD flavors. I havent tried the pineapple coconut.

My HD faves are vanilla Swiss almond and the dulce de leche.

Cherry vanilla is also good. I did a side by side comparison with Cherry Garcia and i preferred HD’s cherry vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 243February 16, 2024 5:53 PM

Stay away from the HD Butter Pecan. It's so good the spoon will hit the botom of the container before you know it. I'm always going for one more spoonful with pecans in it and then it's gone. Their chocolate ice cream is pretty good, too. Slightly off topic but, I misse BR french vanilla. They closed most of the stores near me and the ones that are open don't have it. It's not sold in stores either.

by Anonymousreply 244February 16, 2024 6:25 PM

The HD “pints” are now 14 ounces (used to be 16 ounces). As far as I am concerned, the pints are a single serving or two servings, maybe, if youre already full.

I do have a Baskin Robbins in my town. My go-to there is the pistachio. It’s actually the toasted almond (in the pistachio ice cream) that makes it so good.

Maybe I should try the French vanilla, though.

by Anonymousreply 245February 16, 2024 6:41 PM

If you can find the FV R245, I'll so jealous!!

by Anonymousreply 246February 16, 2024 6:47 PM

I’m still waiting for my procedure and I’m STARVING

by Anonymousreply 247February 16, 2024 7:00 PM

R247, lean back against your kitchen counter with arms spread wide on the surface.

Do a deep enough squat to where your arms are straight out.

Now, say “I thirst!” Pretend it’s Good Friday.

by Anonymousreply 248February 16, 2024 7:11 PM

You certainly gave the matter of crushed Oreos a lot of thought, R241.

by Anonymousreply 249February 16, 2024 7:46 PM

r249 an OVERWHELMING amount of thought made worse by the lack of paragraph formatting.

by Anonymousreply 250February 16, 2024 8:13 PM

Humorless bunch in here today.

Thanks to r243 for the kind words.

I'm going to slowly back out of the Underwhelmed thread now with my hands up and I won't make any sudden moves. Please don't shoot me OVERWHELMED DLers, my dogs need me.

by Anonymousreply 251February 16, 2024 8:43 PM

I’m a raging snow bitch ⛄️

by Anonymousreply 252February 16, 2024 8:46 PM

Good luck r239 / r247. I've been having GI issues all week. Today I decided to go on clear liquids only. Will probably repeat tomorrow. It feels a little better but not great.

by Anonymousreply 253February 16, 2024 9:18 PM

I condole the fasting poster. I have to do a fasting blood draw soon.

by Anonymousreply 254February 16, 2024 10:25 PM

Need to vacuum downstairs now.

by Anonymousreply 255February 17, 2024 11:02 PM

Need to wipe asshole

by Anonymousreply 256February 17, 2024 11:10 PM

I should pull the car out of garage in order to locate and then inflate whatever tire is low then put it away rather than do this early tomorrow morning. The light was on when I got home and I was too lazy to do it then.

I probably won’t, though.

by Anonymousreply 257February 17, 2024 11:25 PM

Bolivia was just recently burning and now these poor people are experiencing landslide

by Anonymousreply 258February 18, 2024 12:19 AM

I quit drinking coffee about 2 years ago.

The other day, went to coffee with a friend. I ordered an Italian soda. It was delicious. It was vanilla syrup (the Torani one, I think) and some half 'n' half.

I'm going to buy a 6-pack of club soda, some syrup, and make my own.

by Anonymousreply 259February 18, 2024 1:25 AM

What the fuck? I just saw an advert for Christmas decorations. It's the eighteenth of February.

by Anonymousreply 260February 18, 2024 12:48 PM

Better stock up!

by Anonymousreply 261February 18, 2024 12:56 PM

Found a TJ Maxx gift card in the pocket of a jacket I haven't worn in over a year. Checked balance online, there's $35 still available on it.

by Anonymousreply 262February 18, 2024 1:04 PM

r262 I love those types of random windfalls.

by Anonymousreply 263February 18, 2024 1:31 PM

Drinking coffee and getting ready to wrap my niece’s birthday present.

We will go to a birthday lunch in her honor early this afternoon.

She is turning eight today.

by Anonymousreply 264February 18, 2024 1:37 PM

Listening to the new Chromeo album - Adult Contemporary

by Anonymousreply 265February 18, 2024 4:58 PM

I knocked the icicles off my roof. I love the noise they make when they crash to the ground. It’s very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 266February 18, 2024 6:58 PM

You could put your eye out with one of those.

by Anonymousreply 267February 18, 2024 7:12 PM

I want to make potato onion soup with ham. I haven’t purchased ham in months - probably very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 268February 18, 2024 7:18 PM

I having my friends over for lunch a week from today. On the menu is delicious Chinese food that I will buy of course and an Almond Torte for desert that I will make myself. I feel Almond themed desert pair well with Chinese food.

I have a question. The glaze calls for light cream. I have not seen light cream lately at my Trader Joe's. May I use half and half instead?

Are light cream and half n half really the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 269February 18, 2024 7:30 PM

Not the same. But similar

by Anonymousreply 270February 18, 2024 7:32 PM

I have to work tomorrow and much of America doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 271February 18, 2024 7:37 PM

Fume-free Easy Off is a really good cleaner for things other than ovens.

by Anonymousreply 272February 18, 2024 8:54 PM

Wegman’s was mobbed but we were in and out in under 10 minutes this morning. My husband continues to profess to being amazed by my dexterity at self-checkout, thus letting me pay. He bought the weed at the next stop. Good flower, state-inspected, is now less than $100/ounce with all the bonus points and coupons and discount programs - it’s like they’re giving it away.

I got spice-rubbed chicken breasts and a grilled salmon plate on rotini pesto across the street from the dispensary but still need greens and yogurt. Tomorrow. Gas was cheaper, too: $3.19 a gallon, filled for $25. All that and home by noon, still underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 273February 18, 2024 11:18 PM

I have a jar of lemon curd and a spoon.

This won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 274February 18, 2024 11:40 PM

My ass is quivering

by Anonymousreply 275February 19, 2024 12:25 AM

I scores celery for under $4! I’ll shove the ugliest bits up cornish hens’ asses and the prettier pieces get diced for soups.

Yea, me.

by Anonymousreply 276February 19, 2024 12:25 AM

My insomnia is getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 277February 19, 2024 7:33 AM

[quote]Fume-free Easy Off is a really good cleaner for things other than ovens.

Such as what? Household pets?

by Anonymousreply 278February 19, 2024 7:40 AM

I have a sinus headache.

Not to be confused with "I have a sick headache" which is what Darrin's mother on Bewitched frequently had.

by Anonymousreply 279February 19, 2024 11:23 AM

Fun Fact -- Urine from a healthy urinary tract is sterile.

by Anonymousreply 280February 19, 2024 1:03 PM

Very few DLers know what agitator dogs are.

by Anonymousreply 281February 19, 2024 1:04 PM

I have not binged on sweets, frozen pizza etc for 12 days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 282February 19, 2024 7:14 PM

So the Mounjaro is working, R282?

by Anonymousreply 283February 19, 2024 7:16 PM

R283- It's only my willpower that's keeping me from binging but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out. I bought several no nos at Trader Joe's today including these new treats

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284February 19, 2024 7:21 PM

I've never had a Crumbl cookie.

by Anonymousreply 285February 19, 2024 8:23 PM

I tried to make broth with frozen Parmesan rinds. You're supposed to use cheese cloth and I didn't do that. I don't think I will try this again. The flavor wasn't great. The cheese that is really close to the rind doesn't have much flavor.

by Anonymousreply 286February 19, 2024 8:27 PM

R286, I tried that as well and the result was meh - blubbery bands of goo.

I am not Italian; I can add shavings instead.

by Anonymousreply 287February 19, 2024 8:58 PM

Intermittent fasting.

by Anonymousreply 288February 19, 2024 8:58 PM

There are 120 active threads on DL right now.

by Anonymousreply 289February 19, 2024 9:00 PM

121 now!

by Anonymousreply 290February 19, 2024 9:01 PM

I'm lying in bed reading old obituaries from my grandparents' small town cemetery. Does anyone else ever Google distant family members to see if they are still alive?

by Anonymousreply 291February 19, 2024 9:19 PM

Thanks, R287. I won't be bothering to save Parmesan rinds, anymore.

by Anonymousreply 292February 19, 2024 9:21 PM

"I'm not stupid, I speak Italian."

I'm going to use this as my signature going forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293February 19, 2024 10:40 PM

I dreamt I had sex with Walter Brennan. I was the initiator and he was just as surprised as I was.

by Anonymousreply 294February 20, 2024 11:13 AM

Bank sent me a new debit card as my current one expires end of March. I activated new card but forgot to put it in my wallet. Used old debit card still in my wallet this morning. DECLINED. Embarrassing. Multiple texts and emails from bank informing my card had been declined. I KNOW!!

by Anonymousreply 295February 20, 2024 12:30 PM

[quote] I tried to make broth with frozen Parmesan rinds. You're supposed to use cheese cloth and I didn't do that. I don't think I will try this again. The flavor wasn't great. The cheese that is really close to the rind doesn't have much flavor.

On the contrary, R286, the rind of Parmigiano Reggiano is packed full of flavor.

The aged flavors of the cheese are much more concentrated in the rind than they are in the cheese, making the rind a literal flavor explosion.

by Anonymousreply 296February 20, 2024 12:57 PM

[quote] Thanks, [R287]. I won't be bothering to save Parmesan rinds, anymore.

R292, you definitely should continue to save those rinds. They can be sealed in a Ziploc bag and kept in the freezer.

These rinds very successfully enrich sauces, soups, stews, and more.

by Anonymousreply 297February 20, 2024 1:01 PM

I didn’t make it into the office today. I have cold symptoms but out of Covid tests. Ordered a new supply from Amazon and will stay home until I can test.

by Anonymousreply 298February 20, 2024 3:09 PM

Today’s breakfast was a disaster. I buy my Canadian bacon in bulk from Costco and forget to tack a slab out of the freezer. I tried to defrost it in the microwave, but it came out torn, and tough. Then when my scrambled eggs were cooked I forgot to turn off the heat, so they were over cooked. Finally, just as I sat down my cat appeared demanding to be feed. I tried to ignore her, but she knows exactly the right plaintive meow to ruin a meal.

by Anonymousreply 299February 20, 2024 3:41 PM

^fed, dammit

by Anonymousreply 300February 20, 2024 3:41 PM

La Croix Guava Sao Paulo no es bueno.

by Anonymousreply 301February 20, 2024 4:21 PM

I accomplished nothing today after my breakfast fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 302February 20, 2024 9:58 PM

Is it that bad?

by Anonymousreply 303February 20, 2024 10:00 PM

I had an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 304February 20, 2024 10:03 PM

Made korean beef - i will cut the soy sauce from 1/2 a cup to 1/3 next time. I would also like to sneak in some baby bok choy.

by Anonymousreply 305February 20, 2024 10:07 PM

Life on the edge.

by Anonymousreply 306February 20, 2024 10:42 PM

Del Monte apricots!

by Anonymousreply 307February 20, 2024 10:48 PM

I’m craving an egg roll. Haven’t had one in over 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 308February 20, 2024 11:05 PM

With six you get eggroll, R308.

by Anonymousreply 309February 20, 2024 11:34 PM

R305, why would you have to sneak in baby bok choy. Just add it in.

by Anonymousreply 310February 20, 2024 11:43 PM

My fb came over the other night and he kept rubbing up against me so hard that one of his pubes lodged in my leg. The only reason I know it's his is that my pubes are wispy and light brown and his are black, course and thick. I know it's a weird thing to get obsessed about it but I'm bored, and high.

by Anonymousreply 311February 21, 2024 12:38 AM

This is "underwhelmed, the food edition". Nobody is talking about anything except food.

by Anonymousreply 312February 21, 2024 12:38 AM

We’ve veered back to public hair. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 313February 21, 2024 1:10 AM

My neck is killing but I am too.lazy to set up my massage seat.

by Anonymousreply 314February 21, 2024 1:25 AM

It’s freezing cold again and going down to 18F overnight. I just took my dog out and everything is iced up. We usually go out right before bed but I’m not taking him out again tonight. I don’t think he will mind.

by Anonymousreply 315February 21, 2024 1:33 AM

Beets make me sad.

by Anonymousreply 316February 21, 2024 1:59 AM

I wonder why the water in my second-floor bathroom is so much colder (and deliciously so) than that in the first-floor kitchen and bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 317February 21, 2024 3:43 AM

I really like my new heat pump. Love that free solar heat!

by Anonymousreply 318February 21, 2024 10:47 AM

I had Chantilly Cake for breakfast.

I make no apologies.

It had fruit in it, that's "healthy" in my universe.

by Anonymousreply 319February 21, 2024 11:44 AM

Someone on X referred to "crotch fruit" and I wondered if that person was a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 320February 21, 2024 6:04 PM

I just watched a guy make a Chick Fil A knockoff chicken sandwich. He said CFA calls the brine for their chicken "baptismal brine" and their Instruction Manual states the two pickles on the sandwich should be "dating" (side by side) and not "mating" (on top of each other).

by Anonymousreply 321February 21, 2024 6:50 PM

Ma is letting everyone taste her pie

by Anonymousreply 322February 21, 2024 7:03 PM

Someone booked a meeting for an hour that only took about 15 minutes. My Teams indicator is red like I'm still on the call but I'm on DL and watching TV.

I am taking Friday and Monday off so tomorrow is my Friday.

by Anonymousreply 323February 21, 2024 7:20 PM

My dishwasher was chanting last night. I heard “Tommy Tommy Tommy…”. Like a skip in a record. Freaked me out til I realized where it was coming from.

by Anonymousreply 324February 21, 2024 7:44 PM

Talking appliances are always a bad sign. The troubled actress Jean Seberg, in the midst of her mental decline, thought that her refrigerator was speaking to her.

by Anonymousreply 325February 21, 2024 8:31 PM

My toilet washlet picks up radio signals.

by Anonymousreply 326February 21, 2024 8:39 PM

Pa was nasty

by Anonymousreply 327February 21, 2024 8:42 PM

Tell me about it.

by Anonymousreply 328February 21, 2024 8:45 PM

I just started watching on TCM, The Man Who Skied Down Everest—so far 27 tons of luggage and 800 porters to carry it. A documentary based on a Japanese man.

by Anonymousreply 329February 22, 2024 12:11 AM

Forty days to walk 3 miles^

by Anonymousreply 330February 22, 2024 12:35 AM

I saw a YouTube video about all the trash left behind on Mt Everest. Not just bodies, but all their empty burners, wrappers, crap they decide not to carry back, And piles of shit. Everywhere. Out in the open. Uncovered. Existing for the ages. They must make a lot of money bringing people up there.

by Anonymousreply 331February 22, 2024 2:12 AM

My kitchen sink hot water will burn me. My shower hot water runs out in 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 332February 22, 2024 2:17 AM

But does your kitchen sink hot water taste delicious, R332, like R317's?

by Anonymousreply 333February 22, 2024 2:32 AM

Regarding the above posts about talking appliances: My furnace doesn't talk to me but it plays strange music. My coffee maker grumbles when it's finally finished...I can't make out the words but it sounds like Walter Matthau.

by Anonymousreply 334February 22, 2024 3:11 AM

I'd be more worried about talking dolls.

by Anonymousreply 335February 22, 2024 3:42 AM

The big cat needs to get shaved. His belly is full of little dreadlocks and I can't keep up. I made and apt with the mobile groomers. He's a moose. I hope he doesn't throw too much of a tantrum and flip around.

by Anonymousreply 336February 22, 2024 4:10 AM

That's what drugs are for, r336.

by Anonymousreply 337February 22, 2024 8:05 AM

It's Thursday - yay.

by Anonymousreply 338February 22, 2024 11:54 AM

I substituted cottage cheese for milk in my dutch cakes… will know if it’s an error soon.

by Anonymousreply 339February 22, 2024 1:08 PM

The cottage cheese experiment was no better, no worse. I need more flavorful fruit than bananas to make it work - perhaps a little jam would help.

by Anonymousreply 340February 22, 2024 1:43 PM

After I bought double sided tape, I discovered I already had double sided tape. I'm set for double sided tape for a while, possibly the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 341February 22, 2024 2:45 PM

That double-sided tape is now a burden upon your heirs. May they have the sense to throw it away with the rest of your crap and not keep it to dump on their heirs.

by Anonymousreply 342February 22, 2024 3:17 PM

I would LOVE to inherit some double sided tape.

by Anonymousreply 343February 22, 2024 3:40 PM

^weirdo

by Anonymousreply 344February 22, 2024 3:43 PM

Just came across a YouTube video of Kevin Lee Jacobs making lentil loaf, which sounds suspiciously like nut loaf.

by Anonymousreply 345February 22, 2024 4:16 PM

Except, of course, it's lentils not nuts.

by Anonymousreply 346February 22, 2024 4:18 PM

Are you suggesting he’s a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 347February 22, 2024 4:20 PM

I decided to stop pressuring myself about having a paper day planner. I like writing in it and I do log important things in my phone planner.

by Anonymousreply 348February 22, 2024 4:26 PM

Paper? Do you need any double-sided tape?

by Anonymousreply 349February 22, 2024 4:32 PM

I'm cradling a mug of hot chocolate. Too bad no one is here to see it.

by Anonymousreply 350February 22, 2024 4:55 PM

I've decided I need to massively downsize. Getting rid of stuff left and right each day now. Can't believe I bought all this junk.

by Anonymousreply 351February 22, 2024 5:51 PM

My neighbor was talking way too loud in his back yard so I shut my window. He texted me to ask if I shut the window because of him. I responded in the affirmative.

by Anonymousreply 352February 22, 2024 5:53 PM

R351– call me.

by Anonymousreply 353February 22, 2024 6:19 PM

That’s funny!

by Anonymousreply 354February 22, 2024 6:56 PM

You do realize, r352, that this means war!

by Anonymousreply 355February 22, 2024 6:59 PM

There are 3 active threads on DL right now.

by Anonymousreply 356February 22, 2024 8:28 PM

My urologist says I have to spend an hour a day with my head below my lower body to try to get kidney stone fragments to move from my lower kidney. I bought an inversion table to accomplish this. Just spent my first 30 minutes on it. I hope it works because it was not a fun time.

by Anonymousreply 357February 22, 2024 10:58 PM

I love lentil loaf. I use the the recipe in The Rosicrucian Fellowship cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 358February 23, 2024 12:59 AM

I have extensor tendonitis. It hurts every time I walk.

by Anonymousreply 359February 23, 2024 1:08 AM

I don't wish to curse myself, but this afternoon I noticed one hunched over older gentleman hobbling bow legged on my way to the grocer market and thought, “Poor fella.”

Then, shopping the produce aisles, I came across more hunched over bow legged folks. I counted six! It was like a hoard of bow legged folks had invaded town. I looked it up and there is no convention in town.

by Anonymousreply 360February 23, 2024 2:11 AM

It seems like there is a monthly "fee" for work parties (Halloween, Christmas, someone's retirement). This is a new-ish office job and, so far, I've been pitching in every time.

The latest invitation / fee, I'm declining. It's for February birthdays (coworkers). We haven't had a birthday party for any other month of the year, why only February? I'm not chipping in for this one. (No, I will not be eating any of the food, either.)

by Anonymousreply 361February 23, 2024 2:23 AM

My cat was combing my hair with her claws. She wants a snack.

by Anonymousreply 362February 23, 2024 2:51 AM

I was delighted years ago when the monthly "fee" for parties at my office was not only stopped by prohibited after a nutcase complained about her gift and threatened to sue. I think she actually did sue.

It was refreshing to not have the office mob enforcer aka office manager appear in one's office every payday practically demanding a payment for birthdays/showers/goodbyes or else your life will be made miserable. Said office mob enforcer/office manager had become snippy with me previously when I questioned why the monthly extortion amount, excuse me I mean "party contribution", was double what it usually was. Apparently some girl I had no recollection of ever meeting was having twins and we needed to buy her not one but two high chairs.

I'm surprised in this litigious society all offices haven't put a stop to this personal crap.

by Anonymousreply 363February 23, 2024 10:29 AM

^^^BUT prohibited not "by"

by Anonymousreply 364February 23, 2024 10:30 AM

I’ve now been good for 16 days in a row. For Sunday I’ve invited my friends over for lunch. I’m buying very tasty 😋 Chinese food which I am going to serve with my homemade Almond Torte- which I feel will pair well with the Chinese food. I’m going to indulge a bit but not so much that I undo all of my hard work for the last two and a half weeks.

by Anonymousreply 365February 23, 2024 11:37 AM

[quote]Didn't get as much done as I hoped today.

Yeah, well I didn't get as much dick today as I had hoped...

by Anonymousreply 366February 23, 2024 3:27 PM

[quote]I love lentil loaf.

Did we ever meet at a Michfest?

by Anonymousreply 367February 23, 2024 3:29 PM

When I slice up an apple and it's not particularly sweet, I sprinkle a little salt on the slices and it's instantly better.

by Anonymousreply 368February 23, 2024 6:28 PM

R368- Are you a smoker?

by Anonymousreply 369February 23, 2024 6:32 PM

No, I've never smoked - anything. Don't drink either

by Anonymousreply 370February 23, 2024 6:44 PM

The salt trick works on everything but those deceptively pretty red delicious balls of shit.

by Anonymousreply 371February 23, 2024 6:47 PM

I've become addicted to sandwiches on focaccia spread with olive tapenade. I don't know why it took me this long to figure out that focaccia is the best sandwich bread ever.

by Anonymousreply 372February 23, 2024 6:50 PM

It’s Friday night. I have just soaked my ingrown toenail. Now I’m going to do my Wines of France jigsaw puzzle while drinking Pinot Noir.

I am not even 50, but I am an old person.

by Anonymousreply 373February 23, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote]Didn't get as much done as I hoped today.

You've just described 365 days of the year for me, R177.

by Anonymousreply 374February 23, 2024 7:06 PM

That extra day is when you’re on fire!

Apple iPhone offers me an emoji for that sentence and I refuse to use it. Just because.

by Anonymousreply 375February 23, 2024 7:18 PM

I'm home with my cat... bored on Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 376February 23, 2024 7:34 PM

Record a hard hitting expose interview with said cat?

Musically torture said cat with bad imitations of Jeff Buckley songs?

Do your own zoomies just to freak the cat out?

Crap in the litterbox?

by Anonymousreply 377February 23, 2024 7:47 PM

I realized I got a new deep wrinkle between my eyes and I'm only 36. Fml.

by Anonymousreply 378February 23, 2024 7:54 PM

r373, I'm 58 and I'm still not THAT old!

by Anonymousreply 379February 23, 2024 8:27 PM

r378, the world we live in results in living with a perpetual WTF face. Constant scrunching up your face causes wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 380February 23, 2024 8:47 PM

R380 Well, too late to tell me that now. It's a very deep and visible wrinkle too. I have been depressed and sad for years, which has probably done a number on my face. It might explain the wrinkle. It looks horrible so now I'm even more depressed.

by Anonymousreply 381February 23, 2024 8:54 PM

Try to cheer up, R381. If you don't, you'll get even more wrinkles, which will make you even more depressed, which will produce more wrinkles . . .

by Anonymousreply 382February 23, 2024 9:17 PM

Three days and I haven't driven anywhere. It's cold but not that cold outside, so I walk. I found a plastic tub in the garage filled with hoodies I forgot I had, so I can layer easily.

by Anonymousreply 383February 23, 2024 10:16 PM

R378, is your wrinkle vertical aka what are known as “elevens” or horizontal like a nickel slot? Both are very common and appear around your age. Both can be corrected with Botox if it’s really bothering you. But before you go down that route, take a good look at people in real life. Most of us have one or the other. They are “life lines” and completely common and natural. No one likes them but no one should be overly upset by them either.

by Anonymousreply 384February 24, 2024 2:13 AM

I broke up with him again. I think it’ll stick this time.

by Anonymousreply 385February 24, 2024 2:52 AM

R384 Thanks. It's vertical. Gonna try that.

by Anonymousreply 386February 24, 2024 4:32 AM

I have a vertical line on my left side, only. My right eyebrow is higher than the left.

by Anonymousreply 387February 24, 2024 4:37 AM

Actually, I think I'm gonna try a serum first. Then if that doesn't help I'm gonna maybe try botox.

by Anonymousreply 388February 24, 2024 5:05 AM

[quote]I have extensor tendonitis. It hurts every time I walk.

R359 I don't know what that is but maybe R357's inversion table might help...

by Anonymousreply 389February 24, 2024 8:44 AM

[quote]I have extensor tendonitis. It hurts every time I walk.

I have peroneal tendonitis (outer ankle) and it sucks. I just got over a weeks-long bad flare up. It wasn’t really improving until I started taking vitamin C supplements. I wish I had thought of it sooner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390February 24, 2024 8:59 AM

Rue McClanahan made a guest appearance in my dream last night.

She didn't have any lines so more of a background role. She was wearing a black cat suit with a cape, a combination Cat Woman/Zorro outfit.

We were at a hibachi restaurant and she kept giving me dirty looks. I don't know what I did to upset her.

The other people at the hibachi table were my deceased relatives and the plot of the dream revolved around them.

Everyone in attendance at this peculiar gathering was dead except me. Was this dream a foreshadowing of my demise?

by Anonymousreply 391February 24, 2024 12:23 PM

^^were dead.

by Anonymousreply 392February 24, 2024 1:23 PM

Hibachi restaurants represent death

by Anonymousreply 393February 24, 2024 7:33 PM

[quote]^^were dead.

You were right the first time: was dead.

by Anonymousreply 394February 24, 2024 7:35 PM

It's nice to go to Costco when you don't need a ton of things. I did a quick trip and spent under $60, which was low, comparatively.

by Anonymousreply 395February 24, 2024 11:00 PM

Thomas Mini Bagels were BOGO today. I got one bag of plain and one bag of cinnamon raisin. I keep them in the freezer and defrost one or two as needed.

I won't elaborate beyond that as the last time I got a little silly about my BOGOs it was not well received.

I did also take to heart the annoyance expressed last week over my lack of spacing and have resolved to never again be so discourteous.

Good day.

by Anonymousreply 396February 25, 2024 1:42 PM

There are towels in my dryer that need to be folded and put away.

by Anonymousreply 397February 25, 2024 6:40 PM

I wrote a comment earlier, to inform everyone of the delicious lamb and cabbage broth I made today, but I obviously posted the comment to the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 398February 25, 2024 6:43 PM

R398, does the cabbage help cut some of the lamb’s strength?

by Anonymousreply 399February 25, 2024 6:59 PM

I hate my life. I literally cried for 2 hours today. Fun stuff.

by Anonymousreply 400February 25, 2024 7:06 PM

Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 401February 25, 2024 7:36 PM

[quote]delicious lamb and cabbage broth

The very idea overwhelms. A contradiction in terms.

by Anonymousreply 402February 25, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote]There are towels in my dryer that need to be folded and put away.

Same here. And they've been in there for a week. But I need to remove them today so I can do another load of laundry.

by Anonymousreply 403February 25, 2024 7:58 PM

I just made myself a cup of coffee with Trader Joe’s brand. I tastes pretty good but I’m no connoisseur of coffee as I like Starbuck’s breve lattes. I only drink it because studies have shown that people who drink coffee daily lower their risk of getting Alzheimer’s than non-drinkers.

by Anonymousreply 404February 25, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] [R398], does the cabbage help cut some of the lamb’s strength?

R399, the cabbage is just a convenient low-carb veg to bulk up the soup. It has a fairly mild taste, which is dominated by the lamb. However, the key with lamb is to pick herbs and spices which provide a nice contrast. In his case: herbes de provence, a little cayenne, and a teaspoon of caraway seeds.

by Anonymousreply 405February 25, 2024 8:32 PM

I love herbes de provence. I add it to chicken pot pie and even meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 406February 25, 2024 8:34 PM

I stopped buying and using dried herbs mixtures. Too much rosemary, which is sharp and pointy. Now, I just buy dried oregano.

by Anonymousreply 407February 25, 2024 9:08 PM

I don't care for rosemary. It looks like someone dropped pine needles into my food.

by Anonymousreply 408February 25, 2024 9:11 PM

I like rosemary with potatoes. That's it. Otherwise, I'm like r408.

by Anonymousreply 409February 25, 2024 9:40 PM

A friend is quite ill and another friend and I are taking turns helping him out. Other friend ordered sick friend Scrubzz Rinse Free Bath Sponges (they are actually like wash cloths not sponges) from Amazon. The cloths have been so helpful I ordered some for myself for freshening up on lazy days, sweaty humid days and cleaning feet.

by Anonymousreply 410February 25, 2024 9:42 PM

I keep seeing commercials for a similar product on mesothelioma channels, R410. Someone actually thought that calling them "Skunkies" was a brilliant idea.

by Anonymousreply 411February 25, 2024 10:01 PM

I had a dream that California had a large earthquake, buildings were crumbling. It seemed like Spring or Summer. Too realistic for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 412February 25, 2024 10:19 PM

R411, Google reviews state they make a hat for rinse-free shampooing. I could pass these out on the bus!

by Anonymousreply 413February 25, 2024 10:50 PM

I bought a miracle potion to soften my toenail, and I think I have managed to fix my ingrown toenail. So relieved! Rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 414February 25, 2024 11:06 PM

R397 and R403 underwhelmed me to a near coma. Great job for sticking to the thread’s theme! 🥱

by Anonymousreply 415February 25, 2024 11:21 PM

Early on Sunday morning, I made a list of twelve tasks I need to complete by Monday night. So far, all I did was clean the cooker and spend the rest of Sunday watching TV murder mysteries. I’m doubtful that Monday will be more eventful.

by Anonymousreply 416February 26, 2024 1:33 AM

[quote][R397] and [R403] underwhelmed me to a near coma. Great job for sticking to the thread’s theme! 🥱

Agreed! They truly understand this thread.

by Anonymousreply 417February 26, 2024 3:01 AM

The Canada Geese should be returning to the lake in March. I miss those honkers!

by Anonymousreply 418February 26, 2024 3:15 AM

Maybe it was just senior shopping day R360?

by Anonymousreply 419February 26, 2024 4:12 AM

Love herbs de provence, love rosemary but prefer fresh or freeze dried, love summer savory.

by Anonymousreply 420February 26, 2024 4:25 AM

And, R414, you saved yourself a trip to the chiropodist!

by Anonymousreply 421February 26, 2024 7:53 AM

USB A to C cords charge my phone slower than the second coming.

by Anonymousreply 422February 26, 2024 8:21 AM

I've got an appointment at an Indian reservation bright and early today.

It whelms me to drive in the predawn ("0-dark-hundred") hours.

by Anonymousreply 423February 26, 2024 8:35 AM

r423 are you seeking reparations?

by Anonymousreply 424February 26, 2024 10:43 AM

I cleaned out my fridge because something smelled funky. I got rid of the smell but wasn't able to pinpoint where it came from.

by Anonymousreply 425February 26, 2024 11:19 AM

I suggested earlier in this thread that perhaps we needed a separate, ongoing "General Chat" thread. A chattier thread, with the freedom to elaborate. There wasn't any interest. Therefore, this thread continues to alternate between staying true to its roots with underwhelming one liners and then more chatty conversation type comments. A hodgepodge of comments. Perhaps an ongoing General Chat thread idea needs to be revisited at some point?

by Anonymousreply 426February 26, 2024 11:42 AM

At the outdoor restaurants in Vietnam and China the tables and stools are miniature, like children's plastic yard or daycare furniture. Doesn't look comfortable, plastic little stools so close to the ground, my knees would be in my face.

by Anonymousreply 427February 26, 2024 12:05 PM

I read that to make instant coffee less bitter you need to first bloom the crystals with a little bit of cold water to dissolve the crystals. Then add hot, not boiling, water. I tried it this morning, it worked.

by Anonymousreply 428February 26, 2024 12:28 PM

Gentle r426: Please don't make my brain hurt so much on a Monday morning.

by Anonymousreply 429February 26, 2024 12:35 PM

R426, your suggested innovations are whelming. Please, for the love of all that is holy, desist.

by Anonymousreply 430February 26, 2024 2:28 PM

My post was, however, also intemperate, for which I apologise.

by Anonymousreply 431February 26, 2024 2:47 PM

r429, r430, et al.

I'm tired of everyone telling me to shut up. I'm not stupid, I speak Italian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432February 26, 2024 2:52 PM

I started a Venmo account to pay for all of these office parties. Venmo finally came in handy for me to receive money. However, it seems like it's taking forever to show up in my account. Transactions happened last Wednesday and it's still not showing up in my checking account.

Why do people like Venmo so much when it's so slow?

by Anonymousreply 433February 27, 2024 4:22 AM

I would like a general chat thread without parameters.

by Anonymousreply 434February 27, 2024 6:31 AM

What will you call it?

by Anonymousreply 435February 27, 2024 7:19 AM

Parameters are whelming.

by Anonymousreply 436February 27, 2024 7:23 AM

[quote]What will you call it

How about "The Lounge"?

Tagline: Come in, have a seat, make yourself comfortable and let's Chat!

by Anonymousreply 437February 27, 2024 10:40 AM

If you want to chat about nothing, this thread works. If you want to chat about something (god forbid) important, start a thread about that.

by Anonymousreply 438February 27, 2024 11:02 AM

I guess if you want an ongoing chat about nothing, a separate thread might do.

I suggest “Let’s have a Kiki “

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439February 27, 2024 11:08 AM

The problem with a chat thread is, if it works, it will fill up very quickly, and someone is going to have to be responsible for setting up the next one.

by Anonymousreply 440February 27, 2024 11:20 AM

I have to take an antacid whenever I eat something tomato sauce based.

by Anonymousreply 441February 27, 2024 2:54 PM

I saw a Jessie the cowgirl doll in the front window of a charity shop earlier. I wonder if the owner heard "When She Loved Me" by Sarah McLachlan in their head while they gave it away.

by Anonymousreply 442February 27, 2024 7:21 PM

Instead of stressing about an upcoming job interview, I polished all my shoes.

The interview went too well. I’ll still have to work through the HR obstacle course.

by Anonymousreply 443February 27, 2024 7:27 PM

Like their clothes on Amazon R427.

by Anonymousreply 444February 27, 2024 8:11 PM

[quote]I guess if you want an ongoing chat about nothing, a separate thread might do.

The difference between "a chat about nothing" and the conversations that naturally pop up occasionally on the "underwhelmed" threads sounds too vague to sustain a separate thread. There used to be a poster on the underwhelmed threads who unilaterally decided that no responses or chatting should be allowed, and he would "nuke" anyone who did it, which was actually sort of funny. But trying to police threads is never welcome and becomes annoying.

by Anonymousreply 445February 27, 2024 10:32 PM

So far I have yet to see any noticeable difference between this underwhelmed thread and the Let's Have a Kiki thread.

by Anonymousreply 446February 27, 2024 10:41 PM

People don't know what a kiki is.

by Anonymousreply 447February 27, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]People don't know what a kiki is

And I, for one, have no interest in finding out.

by Anonymousreply 448February 27, 2024 11:36 PM

But there's already a "Let's have a kiki" thread, so why do we need an "underwhelmed" offshoot that's just another version of the kiki thread?

by Anonymousreply 449February 27, 2024 11:41 PM

R449 You are obviously underwhelmed at the idea of an offshoot thread.

by Anonymousreply 450February 28, 2024 12:44 PM

This kiki dialogue is overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 451February 28, 2024 12:46 PM

My wonder drug turns out to be oatmeal in my daily diet. I believe the real reason I hated oatmeal was because I was always assigned the job of washing the dried-up pot

by Anonymousreply 452February 28, 2024 12:51 PM

This week is a carb throwaway and it's only lunchtime on Wed.

by Anonymousreply 453February 28, 2024 5:38 PM

I'm craving Carvel ice cream cake.

by Anonymousreply 454February 28, 2024 6:25 PM

President Biden had a physical exam today. I hope they thoroughly checked his heart.

by Anonymousreply 455February 28, 2024 7:27 PM

It is so foggy out that it was disorienting. I thought it would be funny to follow someone in the fog to scare them but there was no one around.

by Anonymousreply 456February 29, 2024 1:22 AM

[quote] I thought it would be funny to follow someone in the fog to scare them but there was no one around.

What? Why would you do that?

by Anonymousreply 457February 29, 2024 2:13 AM

I'm so exhausted , juggling your normal day to day paying job and writing a novel is not for the faint of heart

So glad I have no pets or kids

by Anonymousreply 458February 29, 2024 2:50 AM

R457, the idea just popped into my mind and I thought it would be funny. With my luck I would get pepper sprayed.

by Anonymousreply 459February 29, 2024 3:01 AM

The big cat evaded the mobile groomers by unzipping his carrier and fleeing behind the washing machine. Yes, yes that's right. He unzipped the carrier and bolted upstairs. My house is like a bugs bunny cartoon. I had to pay groomers for their time and then they big cat came out <1 min after they left quite pleased with himself, licking his paws and lolling around.

by Anonymousreply 460February 29, 2024 3:27 AM

^^He now has a salon appt but not tip and of March. We'll see what havoc he whips up over there...

by Anonymousreply 461February 29, 2024 3:28 AM

I don't like anyone or anything today.

Except my dogs.

by Anonymousreply 462February 29, 2024 1:21 PM

R462 I like them, too. And I don't even know them. That's how underwhelmed I am today.

by Anonymousreply 463February 29, 2024 3:55 PM

I’m kind of slacking off today at work but technically today is an extra day in the year I don’t get paid for. I checked up on my retirement accounts and they are performing well so I will leave them as they are for now.

by Anonymousreply 464February 29, 2024 6:57 PM

Stauffer's makes the best ginger snaps.

by Anonymousreply 465February 29, 2024 7:13 PM

I gave in and got takeaway

by Anonymousreply 466February 29, 2024 7:16 PM

When I got a haircut this morning, Rob the barber offered me frozen turkey sausage and/or a pint of haddock chowder as I was leaving. He cuts an elderly Asian man's hair, he said, with the customer's daughter's help (not sure if it's physical or translation services she's doing) and every time he does, the daughter brings him food - she owns or runs a small grocery store. He said he tries to say "thanks, but" to no avail. He said at least she always brings something different. He's stuck with the chowder and the sausage, though.

by Anonymousreply 467February 29, 2024 7:24 PM

Drinking Pepsi zero sugar

by Anonymousreply 468February 29, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]Stauffer's makes the best ginger snaps.

I agree! I discovered them only recently.

by Anonymousreply 469February 29, 2024 9:05 PM

Today I spoke with someone who said "Marine Corpse".

by Anonymousreply 470February 29, 2024 9:12 PM

I refused to watch the SAG awards because I knew it would be the same winners over and over again. But I will watch the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 471February 29, 2024 9:17 PM

I won’t.

by Anonymousreply 472February 29, 2024 9:24 PM

Can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 473February 29, 2024 9:24 PM

[quote] I’m kind of slacking off today at work but technically today is an extra day in the year I don’t get paid for.

I never thought of it that way. However, if you're a renter, you do get an extra day.

by Anonymousreply 474February 29, 2024 9:33 PM

[quote] He's stuck with the chowder and the sausage, though.

Haddock chowder and turkey sausage sound good. Sounds pretty churlish to feel stuck with that kind of food.

by Anonymousreply 475February 29, 2024 9:37 PM

Teddy Grahams are good

by Anonymousreply 476February 29, 2024 9:56 PM

My hair hurts. At the root. Not itchy just achy.

Perhaps scalp hurts would be a better description.

Or simply a headache.

I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 477February 29, 2024 10:01 PM

Scratching my taint

by Anonymousreply 478February 29, 2024 10:48 PM

R477 I get that when I go too long without washing my hair and too long between haircuts. Go have a shower and wash your hair and it will probably stop hurting.

by Anonymousreply 479February 29, 2024 10:50 PM

I wash my hair every other day if not every day, but you may be on to something with the haircuts, r479. I've been remiss when it comes to haircuts all winter. Quite remiss.

by Anonymousreply 480February 29, 2024 11:23 PM

I might take a crap

And I might not

by Anonymousreply 481February 29, 2024 11:25 PM

Oh, shut up.

by Anonymousreply 482March 1, 2024 12:00 AM

R475 He said he brings it to the church down the street that runs a pantry and a shelter.

Not churlish at all.

by Anonymousreply 483March 1, 2024 12:43 AM

R471 I can't wait, it's my Superbowl.

by Anonymousreply 484March 1, 2024 12:51 AM

I usually go to the fancy Joann’s on Oscar night. It balances out with Home Depot on Superbowl night.

by Anonymousreply 485March 1, 2024 12:56 AM

Marie Callender Mini Dessert Pies were BOGO today. I got two packages of the mini Key Lime pies. Two mini pies in a package, so four mini pies for $3.09. Good deal!

That is all.

Carry on.

Good day.

by Anonymousreply 486March 1, 2024 12:16 PM

The weather did a thing.

by Anonymousreply 487March 1, 2024 12:23 PM

R485 where do you live that stores are open on Sunday nights? And why don’t you like the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 488March 1, 2024 1:40 PM

Where do you live that stores are closed on Sunday nights? I live in Smallsville, but the stores are open on Sunday nights.

by Anonymousreply 489March 1, 2024 3:06 PM

I have to have labwork done in an hour. It's only a 15 minute walk and the sun is out so I'm going to get some steps in.

by Anonymousreply 490March 1, 2024 3:39 PM

I was invited to a birthday party at a very expensive restaurant tonight that may well have been prepaid, and I’m having an attack of vertigo.

by Anonymousreply 491March 1, 2024 4:48 PM

I haven't set foot in a CVS since before the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 492March 1, 2024 5:29 PM

Feeling very Schopenhauer.

by Anonymousreply 493March 1, 2024 5:32 PM

R4990 here. My walk was fantastic! I may take another one this afternoon when work is done.

I bought walking poles from Amazon last year. I may try them today.

by Anonymousreply 494March 1, 2024 5:55 PM

I picked up a gazillion pine cones in my yard and brought them to the dump.

by Anonymousreply 495March 1, 2024 6:32 PM

I accidentally bought regular Snyder's Snaps pretzels and not the butter Snaps. Quite disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 496March 1, 2024 8:24 PM

What’s a butter snap?

by Anonymousreply 497March 1, 2024 8:27 PM

r497, Butter Snaps are little square pretzels with butter flavor made by Snyders. There are regular Snaps which are just a plain square pretzel. They're not bad but don't have that buttery goodness to them. I had a handful with a piece of cheese and some grapes for lunch and was disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 498March 1, 2024 8:32 PM

So it’s a pretzel that tastes “like buttah?”

Hmmmm .

by Anonymousreply 499March 1, 2024 8:34 PM

r486 your efforts have not gone unnoticed and are greatly appreciated. Enjoy your treats.

by Anonymousreply 500March 1, 2024 8:36 PM

Seems like a waste to put all those pine cones in the dump. Compost at least.

by Anonymousreply 501March 1, 2024 10:02 PM

I do enjoy refrigerated canned Del Monte apricot halves in heavy syrup. I drain the syrup off and eat em.

by Anonymousreply 502March 1, 2024 10:09 PM

Canned lychees are not bad. They’re not as good as fresh, but the texture is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 503March 1, 2024 10:12 PM

I didn’t even know they made canned apricots.

by Anonymousreply 504March 1, 2024 11:13 PM

R504 nobody is surprised

by Anonymousreply 505March 1, 2024 11:22 PM

When I have had the flu I have had a very sore scalp in addition to general achiness. Having a shower actually hurt.

by Anonymousreply 506March 1, 2024 11:52 PM

I’m simply underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 507March 2, 2024 12:01 AM

I watched Terror At 37000 Feet last night. ABC movie of the week 1972. I remember it was creepy then. This time around all I could focus on was that all the leading men were wearing obvious toupees.

by Anonymousreply 508March 2, 2024 8:40 AM

For breakfast I had a large mug of coffee with Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream creamer (only four ingredients!) and three mini Black & White cookies.

The cookies were 110 calories each so probably not the wisest choice but they were darn good. Small but good.

The large mug was a Fiesta Bistro Latte mug. I have four of them in various colors. Today I used Turquoise.

by Anonymousreply 509March 2, 2024 1:03 PM

Last weekend I had an ingrown toenail. This weekend I have a cold sore.

Is this what life is like as an eldergay?

by Anonymousreply 510March 2, 2024 5:04 PM

r509 did you cradle your mug?

by Anonymousreply 511March 2, 2024 6:45 PM

Sounds like a mug-cradling situation with that Coffee Mate "Natural Bliss" product.

by Anonymousreply 512March 2, 2024 6:48 PM

There was no cradling involved. Impossible to do with two dachshunds in my lap.

Leave it to DLers and their pointless bitchery to take a dump on my pleasant little moment.

by Anonymousreply 513March 2, 2024 6:56 PM

Why does one need a product with four ingredients to substitute for one that contains one - either milk or cream - or both, like half and half, but with no sugar or "natural flavoring" involved?

Especially one that has almost twice the calories and more than triple the cholesterol and costs more than twice the price of plain old half and half.

Why do customers pay more for the imitation than the real thing?

by Anonymousreply 514March 2, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote] r509 pondering if I should continue paying $1.99/mo. for this type of abuse.

Oh, please. You love the attention.

by Anonymousreply 515March 2, 2024 6:58 PM

I’m disappointed with Trader Joe’s Hazlenut Chocolate cookies. I taste neither flavor.

by Anonymousreply 516March 2, 2024 6:58 PM

Actually, I'm rather proud of myself for finally weaning myself off of the regular Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Creme (purple bottle, no bliss involved) with a bazillion chemical ingredients and oils. Four ingredients, three of which are natural, is a vast improvement.

Also, I've never achieved the same creaminess/mouthfeel of this pre-blended sugar/milk/cream concoction by mixing my own milk/cream and granulated sugar. Even when I use heavy cream which is too heavy and employ the little frother thingy I got on Amazon to blend things together.

You're a rough crowd, DL. Rough crowd.

by Anonymousreply 517March 2, 2024 7:09 PM

For the first time since I switched PART D providers, I just ordered my metformin refill on the Walgreens app.

I hope it goes well, or I shall be whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 518March 2, 2024 7:38 PM

Try half 'n' half.

by Anonymousreply 519March 2, 2024 7:40 PM

[quote] Leave it to DLers and their pointless bitchery to take a dump on my pleasant little moment. —r509 pondering if I should continue paying $1.99/mo. for this type of abuse.

Just because of the mug-cradling comments? Geez? I thought I was sensitive. This is extremely mild, very playful. Abuse? You've got to be joking. $1.99?

by Anonymousreply 520March 2, 2024 7:42 PM

If I couldn’t drink coffee without cream and sugar I wouldn’t bother.

by Anonymousreply 521March 2, 2024 8:40 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 522March 2, 2024 8:41 PM

I have a nice selection of cheeses in my fridge. Including Tipperary Irish cheddar with chili peppers. It's a nice, dark, orange color. I think I'll open that, next.

by Anonymousreply 523March 2, 2024 8:46 PM

I just discovered sirens aren't actually mermaids. They're half-woman, half-bird. Mind = blown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524March 2, 2024 9:21 PM

I yam what I yam, r520.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525March 2, 2024 9:26 PM

Well, the title of this thread is "Fragile Snowflake edition."

by Anonymousreply 526March 2, 2024 10:26 PM

I hope to bake a batch of crispy chocolate chip cookies tomorrow. I can't seem to find any brand that is crispy enough to whelm me.

by Anonymousreply 527March 3, 2024 2:27 AM

I have fungus on my toe nails. I tried getting rid of it with fungus drops, tea tree oil, and Listerine, but nothing is working.

by Anonymousreply 528March 3, 2024 2:33 AM

You probably need a prescription, R528. I wouldn't fool around too long with something like that.

by Anonymousreply 529March 3, 2024 2:38 AM

Jublia, R528.

by Anonymousreply 530March 3, 2024 2:50 AM

I’m so fucking tired

by Anonymousreply 531March 3, 2024 11:51 AM

Is this thread still on a slower approach to 600? It feels like it's taking forever.

by Anonymousreply 532March 3, 2024 7:36 PM

As any self respecting underwhelmed thread should.

by Anonymousreply 533March 3, 2024 8:20 PM

Trader Joe's Chicken Soup Dumplings have been recalled. I'm not linking because it was a Daily Mail article and I don't feel like going through the whole rigmarole with being called a low life for linking to a rag or whatever the accompanying diatribe states.

They are manufactured by CJ foods which also owns Bibigo foods but I don't see any recalls for Bibigo dumplings which I do like and purchase often.

by Anonymousreply 534March 3, 2024 8:33 PM

Clean sheets day.

by Anonymousreply 535March 3, 2024 8:54 PM

Changing / washing sheets is a chore I hate.

by Anonymousreply 536March 3, 2024 9:03 PM

[quote] Well, the title of this thread is "Fragile Snowflake edition."

Put a little love in your hearts, DLers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537March 3, 2024 11:57 PM

I just got a new fitted sheet that makes me happy in an underwhelming way.

by Anonymousreply 538March 4, 2024 2:45 AM

What's so good about your new fitted sheet?

by Anonymousreply 539March 4, 2024 2:47 AM

It's new and very soft cotton with deep pockets so it actually fits!

by Anonymousreply 540March 4, 2024 4:04 PM

My cat’s nails ruin my fitted sheets. She won’t let me clip them, but the vet can force the issue.

by Anonymousreply 541March 4, 2024 4:06 PM

I was summoned for jury duty today, but the case was settled before voire dire, so we were sent home. Free for at least 3 more years!

by Anonymousreply 542March 4, 2024 5:23 PM

My vet ripped me off. They charged $45 to trim my cat’s nails even though she was in for an expensive shot. My other vet would do it as a courtesy. Then they had the nerve to charge me $9 to dispose of the used syringe.

by Anonymousreply 543March 4, 2024 6:26 PM

I hate the name "Tish".

by Anonymousreply 544March 4, 2024 7:02 PM

R534 I had very disappointing soup dumplings at a Chinese restaurant on the list of Pittsburgh’s 25 Best Restaurants. I think I’d prefer Trader Joe’s version. Everyday Noodles is the name of the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 545March 4, 2024 7:19 PM

Everyday means mundane, so it lived up to its name.

That’s the problem when people start saying everyday instead of every day.

by Anonymousreply 546March 4, 2024 7:23 PM

R525, have you tried Tate’s cookies? I found them unpleasantly crisp.

by Anonymousreply 547March 4, 2024 7:23 PM

I memorized the lyrics to "I'm Still Here" last week as a pointless project.

by Anonymousreply 548March 4, 2024 7:28 PM

You should stand outdoors on the curb and sing

I’m telling you I’m not going

by Anonymousreply 549March 4, 2024 7:38 PM

R547 Thanks. I've never tried Tate's. Maybe I won't have to fire up the oven after all.

by Anonymousreply 550March 5, 2024 12:33 AM

Tomorrow I have a meeting located on the same road as a Dairy Queen.

I'll be Dairy Queening after the meeting for sure.

by Anonymousreply 551March 5, 2024 1:58 AM

I took a fasting blood test today. 6 months ago, I had done a fasting blood test and my numbers (cholesterol and LDL) were high. They're still high, but improved from 6 months ago.

Cholesterol came down by 37 points.

LDL came down by 36 points.

My HDL plummeted, as well, though.

I'll have to see what my doctor says. (She said I should go on statins, last time, but gave me 3-6 months to improve my #s.)

by Anonymousreply 552March 5, 2024 4:21 AM

528 here. I researched it and put Vicks vapor rub on my toenail fungus and it actually worked. They look so much better.

by Anonymousreply 553March 5, 2024 4:30 AM

r553 Vicks Vapo Rub is the miracle salve! It's good for so many things beyond coughs, colds and congestion.

by Anonymousreply 554March 5, 2024 10:56 AM

R554 I didn't know that! What else can it be used for?

by Anonymousreply 555March 5, 2024 12:14 PM

I should get a cleaning lady. I'm not getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 556March 5, 2024 1:53 PM

I have to give a presentation at work today. It shouldn't be very difficult. But I've never done anything like this before.

by Anonymousreply 557March 5, 2024 2:54 PM

[quote] [R554] I didn't know that! What else can it be used for?

Not lube.

by Anonymousreply 558March 5, 2024 3:01 PM

Isn’t Vick’s Vapo-Rub just petroleum jelly with menthol?

by Anonymousreply 559March 5, 2024 3:07 PM

Lamisil took care of my toenail issue.

by Anonymousreply 560March 5, 2024 3:10 PM

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

by Anonymousreply 561March 5, 2024 3:18 PM

R561 An earworm if there ever was one.

by Anonymousreply 562March 5, 2024 3:27 PM

I’ve got a splitting headache.

by Anonymousreply 563March 5, 2024 6:30 PM

Very close to FDR's last words there, R563. Hope you're okay.

by Anonymousreply 564March 5, 2024 7:07 PM

New thread awaits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565March 5, 2024 9:15 PM

Splitting headaches whelm.

by Anonymousreply 566March 5, 2024 9:17 PM

I have to stop telling myself that I have to like Citizen Kane.

by Anonymousreply 567March 5, 2024 11:39 PM

Voting was underwhelming. There were no choices. Dean Whatshisname and Marianne Williamson and No Preference were on there, too, but they're not choices.

by Anonymousreply 568March 5, 2024 11:49 PM

R561, they both give me terrible heartburn. I love them but can't eat them. 🤷

by Anonymousreply 569March 5, 2024 11:50 PM

I am not looking forward to springing forward on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 570March 6, 2024 1:29 PM

Looks like I picked the WRONG day to come into the office. Someone brought in 3 boxes of assorted donuts. Not from Dunkin but from a real bakery. They look delicious but I'm doing the low-carb thing for the next 2 months. Just ate some roast chicken and not a donut. Yay, me!

I just discovered that I brought the wrong vitamins to work (I have the detachable, day of the week kind). I brought Tuesdays and not Wednesdays. I'm leaving work early today and will work the afternoon from home. Today is not going my way.

by Anonymousreply 571March 6, 2024 2:09 PM

Why do you take different vitamins on different days?

by Anonymousreply 572March 6, 2024 3:09 PM

Hi, R572. Sorry I wasn't clear. I take the same vitamins and medications every day but Tuesday was yesterday. The Tuesday pill box is empty. When I get home, I'll have to take my breakfast and lunch pills with a small snack (for anything I can't take on an empty stomach). I just had lunch.

by Anonymousreply 573March 6, 2024 4:11 PM

My nine year old car passed inspection today.

by Anonymousreply 574March 6, 2024 4:55 PM

Congratulations?

by Anonymousreply 575March 6, 2024 5:31 PM

I’m wallowing in the dubious relaxation that comes from procrastination.

by Anonymousreply 576March 6, 2024 6:20 PM

There is a lady bug walking across my laptop screen.

by Anonymousreply 577March 6, 2024 9:57 PM

I have met some very helpful people and I’m trying not to be cloying, aloof, a smart ass, or myself.

It seems they want me to listen and be quiet. I try hard not to space out in case there’s a quiz.

by Anonymousreply 578March 7, 2024 1:05 AM

Another carb blowout week. I need a reset.

by Anonymousreply 579March 7, 2024 3:22 AM

R573 Cosmo, why are you taking so many medications? I'm concerned.

I see there is a new underwhelmed thread so if you can't answer here, I'll see you on the other side.

by Anonymousreply 580March 7, 2024 5:22 AM

Today is National Crown Roast of Pork Day

You’re welcome

by Anonymousreply 581March 7, 2024 8:47 AM

What am I? Why don't I get a day of my own?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582March 7, 2024 10:07 AM

R573, I take 2 meds of BP and 1for cholesterol. I also take a multivitamin, probiotic, one for joint health and Vitamin D. I space them throughout my meals. I was lucky in that I'd taken my BP meds before I left the house but I don't like to take my multivitamin without food so I take it when I get to work.

No need for alarm. I am doing well despite the faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 583March 7, 2024 2:08 PM

R582- I often served that to Alfred at the end of the week on a Friday night with an ice cold glass of Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 584March 7, 2024 3:53 PM

I just had some rotisserie chicken. My Siamese likes chicken. He came pretending to cuddle on the couch but really came to lick the plate. Still smacking his lips. Heading upstairs for a nap now. Back to work for me!

by Anonymousreply 585March 7, 2024 4:04 PM

I'm drinking a La Croix Pamplemousse sparkling water. It's not my favorite flavor but it will do.

by Anonymousreply 586March 7, 2024 5:16 PM

Does it taste more of mousse or pample?

by Anonymousreply 587March 7, 2024 5:19 PM

You R82? You are the most delicious thing I’ve ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 588March 7, 2024 5:57 PM

I have a craving for a Root Beer float.

It is imperative that the root beer float be made with Stewart's root beer and Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream.

I shall add both of these items to my Friday grocery order and have a jolly weekend.

by Anonymousreply 589March 7, 2024 11:56 PM

What happened to this thread. Not enough underwhelming stuff.

I asked my bank if I could change my credit card billing cycle to coincide with an actual month, eg, march 1-31. They said NO.

by Anonymousreply 590March 8, 2024 5:40 PM

I had ramen for lunch because I was craving salt. Yum yum.

by Anonymousreply 591March 8, 2024 5:43 PM

My car isn't ready yet. They have it since Tuesday. They are just suppoed to change the oil, fix a star chip in the windshield, and check the brakes. I bought the car (certified pre-owned, mind you) on Feb 10. I haven't even had a month yet!

They did loan me a brand new SUV but it's huge, barely fits in my garage, and costs a fortune in gas! Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 592March 8, 2024 6:04 PM

I am laying down for a short nap.

by Anonymousreply 593March 8, 2024 6:35 PM

As God is my witness, I will never substitute apple cider vinegar for red wine vinegar in pasta sauce as long as I live!

by Anonymousreply 594March 8, 2024 7:16 PM

Backing out of my driveway, I hit a post and now my right rear mirror is hanging. I need to take my car to the shop tomorrow and know this fix isn't going to be cheap.

by Anonymousreply 595March 8, 2024 7:39 PM

I made shepherd's pie for lunch, the lazy way: frozen mixed vegetables, instant potatoes, and powdered spices.

It came out delicious!

by Anonymousreply 596March 8, 2024 7:48 PM

I just finished cleaning and rearranging the food in my refrigerator and freezer. On the surface, it sounds like an underwhelming bore, but I can assure you the undertaking became overwhelming. I’m taking a nap.

by Anonymousreply 597March 8, 2024 8:00 PM

Doesn’t shepherds pie have meat?

by Anonymousreply 598March 8, 2024 8:03 PM

There are thing in my refrigerator that have been untouched for years. I probably should just throw them out.

by Anonymousreply 599March 8, 2024 8:03 PM

See ya

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 8, 2024 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!