Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aunt Jordan Causes Havock for the Newmans and Genoa City

Aunt Jordan seems to be a master of disguise and a master at getting past security guards.

She stalking Nikki, eluding police and doing all sorts of crazy things. The woman is certifiable!

Bravo to Aunt Jordan for spicing things up in Genoa City and making the place interesting once again.

And bravo to a great second act for our Colleen.

by Anonymousreply 600April 5, 2024 6:03 PM

Link to the previous Y&R thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2023 12:47 AM

Does Summer know what her father, grandparents and aunt went through? Shouldn't the Newmans be protective of their entire family? Geez I forgot Abby and Adam. Mel's drunk act is camp heaven. Would Nikki exchange herself for a granddaughter who set in motion the plan to hook her back on booze? Where was Newman Security (again) when Nikki ditched Vic at the jazz joint?

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2023 12:52 AM

Wonder if Jordan and Tucker will team up to get revenge of the Newmans and the Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2023 1:09 AM

The only thing Jordan is teaming up with is a semi-automatic handgun.

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2023 1:17 AM

What a BORING ep today. No Jordan and Flask Nikki. Instead we get the 60 year old teen Lucy, and the ick-ish Cricket and Gay Danny. Devon and Abby must not have a chef at the manse, since they take all their meals in The Athletic Club. Gee, for 2 people hoping not to run into Tucker, you'd think they'd go through a drive thru - or Abby's own restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2023 6:04 PM

Why on earth would they decide to show the episode where Kevin burns down Gina's (AGAIN) due to the schedule change next Friday? .. I don't think there's anything within that 2003 episode that's relevant to what's going on today. .. And it's certainly not a holiday episode.

They should have dug deeper and thought about showing us one from 1983 where Eve thinks her plan to kill Victor has come to pass, and she's got his coffin on his bed at the Newman Ranch preparing for his funeral; or maybe the one where that whole caper came to end, and Eve's cohort Max is impaled by a pitchfork out in the Newman barn. Feeling sorry for totally delusional Eve, Victor has her sent to a private sanitarium rather than arrested for attempted murder.

btw - Who's silk robe was more gay today? ... LaBaldwin's or RockOn's ?? .. And Brian Ferry? I'm surprised it wasn't Liberace's!

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2023 7:29 PM

It was discussed on the previous thread how badly Maura West was treated at Y&R during her short stint as Diane Jenkins. MW is now good friends with Michelle Stafford. Was that always the case?

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2023 12:19 AM

[quote]J Eddie looks too thin these days. Is he on Ozempic or is he sick. Also that gray streak in his hair isn't doing him any favors.

He looks great for 65 (I had no idea he was born in 1958).

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2023 5:54 PM

When they cast adult Cole, they wanted him to look an age that was something in between Mel and Miss Heather, since he'd soon be banging both mother and daughter. .. They also wanted an actor who looked like he might be Victor's spawn, since that possibility was still on the table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote] Havock

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 10December 23, 2023 7:42 PM

R7 That probably happened during The Staff's time at GH.

They likely also met earlier at one of those Emmy Lunches that the ladies were having - at least they were around 10-15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 11December 23, 2023 7:43 PM

When Maura was on Y&R, one her best buddies was Muhney. Michael and his wife, Jaime, helped Maura and Scott settle into L.A., and the couples and their kids would get together for pool parties and BBQs. .. Then, post-firing, MM dropped MW into his drama with EB, and they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 12December 23, 2023 11:53 PM

YOU GOT THAT?

by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2023 3:28 AM

GASP!

by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2023 3:38 AM

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN!

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2023 5:33 AM

Merry Christmas, my darling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2023 11:00 AM

The Old and the Decrepit

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2023 1:09 PM

With the guide using the term "ultimate showdown," who breaks their hip first? .. Nikki or Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2023 8:19 PM

I want to sniff Connor Floyd's pits and nuts

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2023 8:29 PM

He spells it "Conner," and check out the recent video of him and his two buddies who will be running in the upcoming L.A. Marathon for charity.

Conner's shown doing sit-ups with the camera right up in his thighs. Too bad the shorts he's wearing are black.

Maybe he should wear a jockstrap during the run and auction that off for charity after the race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2023 9:01 PM

ugh

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2023 9:04 PM

"Oh c'mon Jack, it'll be a cold day in hell before I feel sorry for that old bag!"

Happy Holidays from Jill and Kay, off to exchange some Christmas presents at Wiley's and Fenmores!

Interesting that Jack doesn't know any of the history of how Kay killed Phillip.

(Video 1984)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 25, 2023 10:18 PM

Aunt Jordan is an amateur.

I pumped four bullets into the bitch, and by the time I was done with her, Nikki looked like Goldie Hawn in Death Becomes Her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 26, 2023 10:07 PM

R7 Rumors were that Michelle didn't become particularly close with Maura until they were both on GH, which was still a while after Michelle was there (Maura joined GH a year before Michelle). Maura's such a good actress that it seems other actresses aren't exactly welcoming of her initially; Laura Wright, for example, was not too happy when Maura first came to GH. Maybe someone else can elaborate, but that seemed to be the case when Maura came from. a defunct ATWT to Y&R, that certain actresses at Y&R weren't too fond of her

by Anonymousreply 24December 27, 2023 4:51 AM

R11 Right, those infamous Emmy lunches 😆 all smiles before Emmy night when one gets the win

by Anonymousreply 25December 27, 2023 4:56 AM

When did Nikki have those multiple hair extensions applied before her confrontation with Jordan?

by Anonymousreply 26December 27, 2023 4:58 AM

PLEASE let Aunt Jordan out of jail on a technicality so that she can continue to terrorize Nikki! That's some of the best stuff this show has done in years.

by Anonymousreply 27December 27, 2023 2:16 PM

Maybe she can do viewers a favor and kill off Nikki and Victor?

It’s time the actors got their gold watches and went off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 28December 27, 2023 3:49 PM

Who got fired to pay for Aunt Jordan's elaborate home and impressively dilapidated cabin sets?

by Anonymousreply 29December 27, 2023 3:50 PM

Paul

by Anonymousreply 30December 27, 2023 4:58 PM

They can't write Aunt Jordan off. Maybe she could have a twin, a [italic]good[/italic] twin. Maybe a FTM twin named Uncle Gordon.

Anything. Just don't send Colleen Zenk away ever.

by Anonymousreply 31December 27, 2023 5:04 PM

R30 Dougie hasn't been on the show for three years. They got rid of Noah and Allie not long before they played Linden Ashby in his 15 episodes, so maybe they're still working off that payroll. Aunt Jordan's got 13 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 32December 27, 2023 6:10 PM

Did Faith come home for Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2023 6:47 PM

One of the ways they could have extended Jordan's run is if they'd actually killed her off, and then have her return as a "figment" in Claire's imagination. They did that with Rick Hearst's "Carter Mills - Matt Clark" character with him continually appearing to screwball Tricia Dennison. Being in Tricia's head, she was the only one who could see Carter, talk to hm, etc. It was great fun. Sinister but with a dose of humor. Sometimes Tricia would tell Carter to fuck off, or she might slam a door in his face to get rid of him, but then he'd appear already in the room on the other side. Victor had Tricia on CCTV at the Penthouse and there she was talking to Carter, but of course there was no one else in the video. Claire might be more interesting as nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2023 6:49 PM

Is she done? They’re crazy to let her go.

The show is otherwise so inert.

by Anonymousreply 35December 27, 2023 10:40 PM

It was refreshing to see Colleen Zenk acting again. She could always go to one of the other three soaps

by Anonymousreply 36December 27, 2023 10:47 PM

Maybe Jordan will become another indestructible Sheila.

by Anonymousreply 37December 27, 2023 11:12 PM

Y&R got rid of all of their breakdown writers, that freed up a ton of cash.

by Anonymousreply 38December 27, 2023 11:17 PM

Yesterday I watched the episode where 2 characters had a flashback to dancing at some concert. It was embarrassingly bad - the 2 of them in front of what was clearly a green screen. Don’t attempt this if it’s going to look so fake.

by Anonymousreply 39December 27, 2023 11:22 PM

R39, Chance and Summer.

by Anonymousreply 40December 27, 2023 11:29 PM

Yes, I blanked on their names, R40. I haven’t watched the show in years so I’m not familiar with the newer actors. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 41December 27, 2023 11:34 PM

Is there a more asexual soap actor than Michael Damian?

by Anonymousreply 42December 27, 2023 11:37 PM

Phyllis trying to entice Danny into having sexy times with her was fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 43December 28, 2023 1:23 AM

I have never been a YR fan but the 12/26 episode was great and Zenk has been a shot in the arm this show desperately needed.

The two things Griffith should do to stir up the show is

(1) Bring on a few actual young and restless teens

and

(2) Mine more history. There should be a story with Casey - either Casey is dying or something happens to her. They can have another younger person (Casey's son) come onto the canvas, much like Claire.

by Anonymousreply 44December 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Judith Chapman seems to have had a recent facelift. Tight as a snare drum.

by Anonymousreply 45December 28, 2023 4:32 PM

[quote] Mine more history. There should be a story with Casey.

The character of Casey probably would have been played now again over the years, but Leighton's face has been problematic for some 25 years now. Even back in 1998, when Nikki nearly died from Veronica shooting her, and Casey returned to town to see her dying sister, viewers were shocked at what Leighton had done to herself. It's hard to pay attention to any acting when looking at her, and even more difficult to imagine a very practical, no-nonsense medical doctor like Casey Reed doing something like that to herself. You'll notice she hasn't appeared in any episodes since then.

by Anonymousreply 46December 28, 2023 7:26 PM

R46 Yikes! Just looked up Roberta Leighton on Google. Hopefully her face has "settled" by now. Terrible plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 47December 28, 2023 7:53 PM

R47 No. It hasn't. Mel convinced Roberta to come to the 50th Anniversary Party earlier this year. It's sad. And just think what it would look like in soap opera closeups shot in hi-def.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 28, 2023 8:04 PM

Yikes! Can't Roberta Leighton sue for the butcher job she got?

by Anonymousreply 49December 28, 2023 10:44 PM

why don't they just recast Kasey?

by Anonymousreply 50December 28, 2023 11:33 PM

She appears to think she looks good after watching, R48’s video.

by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2023 11:45 PM

Roberta looks like something out of Star Trek.

by Anonymousreply 52December 29, 2023 1:06 AM

Kevin (trying really hard not to act like Leo Stark has come to Genoa City): "This particular bottle arrived just before you did. It's from Scotty, who's sorry he couldn't be here."

Lauren (trying not to let on that she doesn't even know where Scotty is): "Ahhhhh .. And Fen and Trey can't be here either, but they send their love."

Michael (thinking to himself): "Looking at their social media, I'm surprised Trey can even walk, let alone travel!"

by Anonymousreply 53December 29, 2023 9:56 PM

Gaskill coming to Y&R.

Ho hum. At least he doesn't have that bad bottle blond look any more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 30, 2023 8:41 AM

R54, “My baby” will stray?

by Anonymousreply 55December 30, 2023 9:48 AM

Victor Newman hires the WORST security.

by Anonymousreply 56December 30, 2023 10:34 AM

R55, Nikki hasn’t had a good dicking since Arturo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 30, 2023 10:40 AM

Brian Gaskill's role on YR is supposedly crossing paths with Nikki, so maybe he'll be dicking her down next.

by Anonymousreply 58December 30, 2023 7:18 PM

They'd definitely need to recast Casey.

Unlike the dude who played Victor's brother, Roberta Leighton hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 59December 30, 2023 7:19 PM

Personally, I don't think it would be worth the PR hassle to recast Casey. .. She's a well-liked, sentimental character, and old-time viewers would probably balk at a recast, which would then lead into social media discussions about how bad Leighton looks (just like we're having here). Kind of a lose-lose situation.

At this point, the character is fairly inconsequential, so I don't think it would be worth opening that can up. .. Just let it be. .. Moreover, do we really need another 70-year female on the scene?

by Anonymousreply 60December 30, 2023 7:37 PM

I'm still dead bitches!

by Anonymousreply 61December 30, 2023 7:40 PM

Gaskill is a little young at 53 to be romantically involved with Nikki. I predict he’ll be a bad guy in his storyline though.

by Anonymousreply 62December 30, 2023 7:48 PM

R62 Yeah, and YR doesn't seem to be able to write anything for any guy over 40 on that show that isn't "mustache twirling villain".

TSJ, Burgi/Newman, and now Gaskill.....

by Anonymousreply 63December 30, 2023 7:52 PM

It was nice to see the repeat Dec. 29th episode. John Enos, (Bobby Marsino) ,on my screen was a very pleasant surprise.

by Anonymousreply 64December 30, 2023 8:08 PM

John Enos was such a hot fucker.

by Anonymousreply 65December 30, 2023 8:11 PM

Gaskill's age isn't the problem, Nikki was banging a much younger Arturo and also hooked-up with a younger Deacon Sharpe during their alcoholic affair. It has more to do with a romance occurring between two AA members; that just isn't very creative and has been done to death. Hopefully, they've come up with something other than that triteness.

by Anonymousreply 66December 30, 2023 8:23 PM

Meow!

by Anonymousreply 67December 30, 2023 8:48 PM

the Bug

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2024 4:01 AM

from the article in r68:

[quote]Bell has played villain Christine "Cricket" Williams on The Young and the Restless for 40 years.

Who wrote the article, Phyllis?

by Anonymousreply 69January 1, 2024 4:04 AM

Everyone knows The Bug is the real villain in Genoa City.

Everything bad that happens in Genoa City is because of The Bug.

by Anonymousreply 70January 1, 2024 4:08 AM

LOL - I didn't even notice that they called her a villain.

Somewhere, Terry Lester is cackling.

by Anonymousreply 71January 1, 2024 4:10 AM

Judi Evans as the new Casey. Make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 72January 1, 2024 4:20 AM

Casey is supposed to be the older sister not the younger one.

by Anonymousreply 73January 1, 2024 4:39 AM

R72 Not a bad idea.

Over the years, several pundits suggested Zimmer for that, but I can't imagine MTS would let scenery chewing Zimmer within 20 miles of the studio.....

by Anonymousreply 74January 1, 2024 1:20 PM

I would tune back in to see Evans or Zimmer.

Arturo was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2024 2:30 PM

Brendad Ickson is NuCasey!

by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2024 2:36 PM

All this recast talk makes me miss the Scoche Marin troll. A little.

by Anonymousreply 77January 1, 2024 4:18 PM

R77 noooo. Don't summon that thing.

by Anonymousreply 78January 1, 2024 4:59 PM

Is Havock as bad as Havoc?

by Anonymousreply 79January 1, 2024 5:06 PM

R79 It's worse!

by Anonymousreply 80January 1, 2024 5:18 PM

R80, It’s that special “k”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 1, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote] Brendad Ickson is NuCasey!

Pass that torch Roberta! BFF BrendaD is ready.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2024 7:21 PM

Did someone ask for Havoc?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2024 7:23 PM

Playing old episodes like these ones from 2003, always points to the fact that Y&R needs to do and/or pay whatever is necessary to get back to using their classic music cues.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2024 7:29 PM

R84, I couldn’t agree more!

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2024 7:36 PM

I agree about the music cues. I suppose they think that’s a dated concept.

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2024 7:38 PM

What tepid follow up eps after Aunt Jordan. Moon faced Claire laying in a hospital bed, Old Lady Lucy trying to bring her parents together, Cricked and Danny putting everyone to zzzzzz's.

by Anonymousreply 87January 4, 2024 9:52 AM

“My baby!”

by Anonymousreply 88January 4, 2024 10:18 AM

Anything for Slaystack? She could be Nina's long lost mother. They both have that same pig face. 🐽

by Anonymousreply 89January 4, 2024 11:38 AM

I want an Aunt Jordann in prison sl. Slee could play the Warden, a sadistic guard or a butch inmate. There's a breakout and homes in GC are overrun. Cricket is brutally murdered. The Newman ranch fortress is overrun. Nick and Adam are made sex slaves. Chance is tortured, shirtless. Victor comes in, belchs and saves the day.

by Anonymousreply 90January 4, 2024 12:12 PM

Sleestak is retired now. She had some bad face twitching tic when she was on some video thing a while back.

by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2024 12:19 PM

Carlivati has hinted he'd like Sleestak on Days to play Marlena's grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2024 6:39 PM

Summer wants Chance’s cock so bad.

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2024 7:03 PM

[quote]Summer wants Chance’s cock so bad.

Don't we all.

by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2024 7:06 PM

We need flashbacks of Chance & Adam's flip-flop in Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2024 7:08 PM

Looking back, squeezing around that last chair is awkward.

Was that intended?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2024 7:33 PM

R96 That set had a lot of big furniture in a small space. As the photo shows, by the time they got six actors in it, they basically had to stand still. Complicating movement matters, there's apparently little if any time for blocking or rehearsal these days, and actors are expected to perform in one take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2024 8:49 PM

February Sweeps:

Fen finds Chance's profile on Chaturbate. Hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2024 8:51 PM

I would rather fellatio ensue, r98.

by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2024 9:07 PM

Let's see ... We've had Cameron kidnap Faith, and Jordan kidnap Nikki.

To complete the trilogy I'd suggest Carmine return and kidnap FenMo.

While Carmine has Fen tied to a bed doing all kinds of unspeakable things to him, the Baldwin-Fisher brothers and boyfriend, Trey, argue over who gets to go in and sacrifice themselves as a replacement for Fen.

Too late! .. By the time they all burst in at once, we learn Fen has decided to stay with Carmine, and the duo has taken off together, with Fen having provided the password to empty one of Lauren's large bank accounts.

We'll catch up with them in a few months for Round 2 during May sweeps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2024 9:44 PM

[quote]R97 Complicating movement matters, there's apparently little if any time for blocking or rehearsal these days, and actors are expected to perform in one take.

Dear god, that’s such bullshit. I guess they want to keep costs down so shows can stay on the air - but I wouldn’t want my dramatic entrance blocked by a stupid ladder backed chair!

by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2024 10:30 PM

R89 Nina’s mother has already been established. Flo played by Sharon Farrell in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2024 10:47 PM

R102 Sadly, Farrell died in 2023, so if the character were to reappear, she would have to be recast.

by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2024 11:24 PM

R103 unlikely. Tricia is barely on. Really just comes to visit Chance every now and then. I’d love to see her come back ft and drop some of the other dead weight characters, but probably not in the cards. So no use for Flo to return.

by Anonymousreply 104January 5, 2024 1:52 AM

Anything for Faux Silver?

by Anonymousreply 105January 5, 2024 2:20 AM

I found Sharon's dream pretty entertaining. The first time Tessa broke out into song was campy fun, and the Sharon-Nick-Phyllis-Billy sit-com complete with canned audience laughter was also fun.

The one thing that was distracting, though, was Case's hair. That glow lighting they used for the dream made her extensions look like a messy rat's nest. They looked horrible. I could actually see places where they're tied in. The studio hair crew should have realized this and chosen to style her hair differently. The product in it looked greasy as well.

So with Sharon breaking up with Chance at the end and unsure about Nick, what's next for her? This year the character will have been around for 30 years. She's still relatively popular (I guess), but pouring coffee and dishing out advice at Crimson Lights is gettin' real old. At this point, I'm not sure what I'd do with this character. Perhaps reconnect with Nick and have them go on a European honeymoon and relocate to London with Noah for awhile? Perhaps they could both use a rest.

by Anonymousreply 106January 5, 2024 6:14 PM

At least Sharon's dream saved us from having to endure the cringe-tastic Bug/Grampy Rock-on "love" scenes.

by Anonymousreply 107January 5, 2024 6:55 PM

I'm amazed to hear myself say this, but I'm actually enjoying the Cricket-Danny romance.

Although I will admit, part of my enjoyment is the reinvigorated Phyllis-Cricket rivalry.

by Anonymousreply 108January 5, 2024 7:09 PM

The preview shows Cole and Ashley running into each.

I was thinking Ashley would ask, "We were married once, right?"

And if Nikki's trying to keep her drinking a secret, why is she going to places where she's bound to run into someone she knows? Yesterday, she was pouring vodka from a flask at Society, and the preview shows her stumbling around and slurring at the GCAC. No budget for a seedy dive bar? We used to see "Jimmy's."

by Anonymousreply 109January 5, 2024 7:53 PM

We need a drunken Nikki to start stripping again

by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2024 8:55 PM

Can you imagine her on those heels, trying free her ta tas from her own Spanx?

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2024 9:03 PM

We'll update that story and have drunk Nikki get on Chaturbate and become a new GILF star.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2024 11:11 PM

A nun could pull Nikki through.

by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2024 11:32 PM

They best rivalry was between Lauren and the fat girl.

by Anonymousreply 114January 6, 2024 12:38 PM

R114 Joann Curtis??

by Anonymousreply 115January 6, 2024 1:07 PM

I always thought Traci should just sit on Lauren and crush her.

by Anonymousreply 116January 6, 2024 6:46 PM

I think she did. Have you seen how skinny Lauren got?

by Anonymousreply 117January 6, 2024 7:30 PM

Sharon Wyatt or Anna Holbrook as New Casey.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2024 3:53 AM

Sharon Wyatt didn’t appear on screen as Tiffany for Sean’s memorial for a reason. She’s no longer camera ready.

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2024 3:55 AM

Forget the old women. .. Shouldn't they be casting a NuReed to meet his new sister? .. This show could use a hot guy in his early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 120January 7, 2024 11:45 AM

AHEM!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 121January 7, 2024 12:14 PM

R120, I’m available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 7, 2024 1:20 PM

^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 7, 2024 1:21 PM

I'm going to Genoa City to meet my sister. She's a famous model. Her name is Cricket. Do you know her?

by Anonymousreply 124January 7, 2024 6:06 PM

R121 Sure. JaBottom is fine, but he's now in his 30s. That's why I wrote "early 20s." which is what Reed should be since he supposedly went off to study music in New Hampshire afew years ago after high school. We should have a couple of guys in their 20s. Keep the younger assembly line in gear for the future.

by Anonymousreply 125January 7, 2024 9:25 PM

There's not a lot of Young or Restless on this show

by Anonymousreply 126January 7, 2024 9:32 PM

R123 Rory Gibson is goodlooking, but his Noah was relatively sleep-inducing. Consider how the actress who plays Audra came alive once they removed her from his orbit. Audra is one of my favorite characters now. And notice how things weren't clicking between Noah and Allie either. ZZZZzzz.

by Anonymousreply 127January 7, 2024 9:33 PM

Things could have clicked between Noah and Chance.

by Anonymousreply 128January 7, 2024 9:45 PM

Yeah, if MAB had been able to follow-through with her plan, then Noah would be gay, and we would have met his Parisian fuckbuddy.

by Anonymousreply 129January 7, 2024 10:02 PM

Audra the town mattress.

by Anonymousreply 130January 7, 2024 11:10 PM

Scoche Marin is NuCasey, NuMaryWilliams and NuGina. God, the economies of under fives!

by Anonymousreply 131January 8, 2024 1:33 AM

^^^ Mary Williams is dead, although put a mustache on her, and she could probably pass for NuVictor. I'm sure she'd be cheaper than EB, and wouldn't ad lib with the "Baby" crap.

by Anonymousreply 132January 8, 2024 2:58 AM

The show has no idea what to do with anyone who is young and hot because it would take time away from the sacred elder trio of Victor, Aunt Jack, and Nicki. Even Audra has lost some steam. She seems to have one gear—simpering sexpot—and she’s saddled with the idiotic Jabot takeover storyline.

by Anonymousreply 133January 8, 2024 4:04 AM

When did dead ever stop a soap?

by Anonymousreply 134January 8, 2024 4:30 AM

R134 Well, of course, but there's no reason to bring back a dead character who'd be in her 90s, when her nearly 70-year old son isn't even in town.

by Anonymousreply 135January 8, 2024 7:56 PM

Not sure which was worse today: Braeden's line delivery, or Eileen's makeup.

by Anonymousreply 136January 8, 2024 7:59 PM

I heard Aunt Jack refer to Fucker as a "sociopath" today. .. Is that where they're going with Ashley's claim that he blew up in a violent rage over in Paris?

First appearance and all, but this Seth character kind of bugged me and seems 'off' somehow. .. I've learned to be leery when they have King Victor give someone the stink eye.

Ashley's makeup wasn't the only problem. Her hair looked like a rat's nest as well.

by Anonymousreply 137January 8, 2024 8:31 PM

It Looks like a mortician does Ashley's makeup. ⚰️

by Anonymousreply 138January 8, 2024 8:37 PM

I wonder if Griffith is reconsidering not having breakdown writers?

In Tuesday's episode, James Harmon Brown's name is inserted in between Jeff Beldner's name and that of scriptwriter, Lynn Martin. In the past, that's where the breakdown writer of the episode was credited. .. Brown last worked for Griffith at Y&R between October 2019 and February 2021, so he wasn't on staff when the cull occurred last year.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2024 12:35 AM

Oh God, wasn't JHB one of the 2 drunks with Barbara Essenstein, who stunk up GL?

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2024 1:58 PM

Summer “surprises” Chance on today’s show.

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2024 2:17 PM

Geez how long was Chance lingering at the bar that Dummer ran back to 'Marqtti' (sp) and loaded up on ties/hankies for him? There is no spark there, and I hate to say this but I really feel Sharon Case was DRUNK during her scenes today. Something is very off with her.

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2024 6:04 PM

A better story would be, after a couple of drinks at Society, a new hot bartender follows forlorn Chance into the unisex bathroom and give him a real *surprise* in one of the stalls.

We later learn that "Auden" is a lusty slut just like his twin sister, Audra.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2024 6:12 PM

R142, Sharon’s stringy hair was unusually thick on today’s show.

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2024 6:48 PM

Tucker calling out Kyle on his hair gel . . . too funny.

by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2024 6:49 PM

R144 I think Case must have gone in to have her extensions readjusted, which should have been done BEFORE last Friday's stand-alone episode where they looked horrible.

As for her being drunk, R142 ... I notice every once in awhile her voice sounds odd and/or she has some strange facial movements. I think this may be a reaction to whatever ongoing cosmetic work she's availing herself of. -jmho

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2024 7:08 PM

Adam & Nick's big business presentation to Victor was hilarious. .. "We're keeping EDRF as a boutique. Oh btw, we're changing it's name to Newman Real Ventures." .. Geez, the brothers could have sent Dear Old Dad a text.

Jackie's constant and rather melodramatic obsession over Ashley's love life is always funny, but equally weird. .. I can't imagine a 70-year old man still doing that. .. Maybe he should retire and write an advice column for The Chronicle: "Dear Aunt Jack ... ."

Which man will Audra go for next? .. She's now broken ties with Fucker and stopped pegging JaBottom. .. Who's available and does that matter?

Strange how wardrobe is still dressing Oxford professor, Cole Howard, like he's a ranch hand living in the Tack House (ca. 1993). On another note, for a 65-year old man, J. Eddie Peck has very lovely hands. He must moisturize.

Speaking of Sharon Case's face (above) ... It's funny to think that when Y&R started 45-year old Jeanne Cooper was 7-years younger than Case is now. .. But Kay would soon be called an old bag and be seen obsessing over how she looked and whether Phillip still found her attractive. .. Can you imagine if they'd had Summer say something rude to Sharon about going in for a touch up to keep Chance interested? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 147January 10, 2024 7:45 PM

I wish Dummer would say something like that to liven up this snoozefest

by Anonymousreply 148January 10, 2024 10:31 PM

R149: I loved that line, too.

by Anonymousreply 149January 11, 2024 5:01 AM

"She's been going to those damn AA meetings." .. LOL! .. Victor let's is know how he really feels.

And that tiny flask Nikki drinks from must hold all of two shots. .. At this point, she'd probably need to down half a bottle to feel any effect.

On another note, were Ashley and Audra abducted by space aliens? .. No pick up from Wednesday's end-scene where Ashley told Audra that she's the one she wants to talk to.

by Anonymousreply 150January 11, 2024 8:22 PM

I asked for the anal probe

by Anonymousreply 151January 11, 2024 9:38 PM

What is the point with any of these non stories? Anti-climax, Audra and Ashley's dull encounter, Claire and Jordan, Nikki and Victor and the creepy stalker sponsor - which is a really shitty thing to show, given how I know the sacrifices AA sponsors make for people. Are we going to see Sharon's launch party for Kiersten? Please tell me it's not going to be at Crimson Lights. Cheap, cheap.

by Anonymousreply 152January 14, 2024 12:07 AM

Is the gimp secretary still on? 🩼

by Anonymousreply 153January 14, 2024 12:58 AM

R153 The actress who played secretary, "Carol Robbins," (Christopher Templeton) died in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 154January 15, 2024 12:04 AM

Didn't Paul have homely Lynn as a fat secretary?

by Anonymousreply 155January 15, 2024 9:13 AM

The show phased so many of the “assistant” characters out, likely due to cost cutting - Carol, Lynn, Miguel…. Only Esther has stayed that I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 156January 15, 2024 10:09 AM

Esther is there to make the other actors look better than they are.

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2024 10:14 AM

Esther has a star on Hollywood Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 158January 15, 2024 2:05 PM

Lynn was the daughter of someone that worked for the show if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 159January 15, 2024 3:48 PM

Another can get a star. Just raise the money.

by Anonymousreply 160January 15, 2024 3:55 PM

R158 Paul's lovesick secretary, "Lynne Bassett Hound," as message boards dubbed her, was played by Laura Bryan Birn, daughter of longtime Y&R writer, Jerry Birn, and notable homophobe, who went on to marry Y&R actress, Patty Weaver (Gina Roma). .. Recall, he supposedly told Patty that she couldn't be friends with the likes of Wesley Eure any longer. (It appears, however, that since Birn's death, Patty and Wes have reconnected.)

At some point, Laura tried to cash in on her "Y&R fame" and used to advertise that she was some kind of psychic. She had one of those 900-numbers, with her magazine ads appearing on the same pages as the ones for Dionne Warwick's Psychic Friends Network.

by Anonymousreply 161January 15, 2024 6:56 PM

How many times did Chance and Sharon fuck?

Once?

by Anonymousreply 162January 15, 2024 6:57 PM

It's pretty hard to fuck when one character resides inside Crimson Lights and the other one has apparently been living out of a car assigned to him by the police department.

by Anonymousreply 163January 15, 2024 7:18 PM

I still don't know whose idea it was to make us think that Paul was some kind of sexy guy. He was a f****** dog

by Anonymousreply 164January 15, 2024 7:43 PM

It's comforting to know that Paul and Andy have now reunited in Portugal and have a lovely little villa in the countryside with a cute houseboy named Joaquim.

by Anonymousreply 165January 15, 2024 7:56 PM

Did they ever give Andy an actual storyline?

by Anonymousreply 166January 15, 2024 8:06 PM

Paul had a big, fat dick, and he knew how to use it.

by Anonymousreply 167January 15, 2024 8:45 PM

R165 Andy was engaged to Jill, engaged to Diane, had an ex-wife (or two) who showed up… he was also involved with Faren.

by Anonymousreply 168January 15, 2024 9:17 PM

R166 Andy had a couple of stories early on. In the beginning, he was a bartender at The Bayou and began a relationship with stripper Nikki. They had to keep it a secret, because it was against the owner's rules for them to be dating. This is also when Edward the psycho-stalker was spying on "sinful" Nikki. During this time, Andy got poisoned by Edward and ending up in the hospital. This is when Nikki looked in Andy's wallet for next-of-kin info and discovered that he was actually married to a woman named Karen. His marriage to Karen was a real mess, because she was an out-of-control nymphomaniac who would have sex with strange guys in their apartment while he was at work. He was in the process of trying to divorce Karen.

Another story had Andy involved with Jill Foster (Deborah Adair). They were actually engaged to be married. Andy was the "stand-up guy" who was going to be good stepfather to her young son, Phillip. But then, Jill saw her chance to reconnect with the wealthy John Abbott again and threw Andy under the bus. As I recall, they only played this former Jill-Andy relationship once after Brenda Dickson came back to the role of Jill. It was when John Abbott knew that Jill had cheated on him, but he didn't know who the man in the picture puzzle was. You could see the guy's butt, but not his face. Jill lied and told John that hot blond ass belonged to her onetime boyfriend-fiance, Andy. John tracked Andy down to check out his butt, and Andy denied it was him: "Why no, Mr. Abbott, my butt is as smooth as my chest. No blond fuzz whatsoever! Do you want to see?"

For a long while Andy and Dianejenkins (Alex Donnelley) were involved. Andy, Diane, Paul, and Lauren were like a "fab four." The main issue with Andy and Diane was that Real Jack wouldn't leave Diane alone, and he was always trying to lure Diane away from Andy. In short, Andy hated Jack, knowing he was just out to use Diane. Caught between the two of them, she opted to leave town altogether.

Andy's biggest story was when he became involved with amnesiac "Faren Connor." They were a very popular couple. Faren had no memory of her past. Lauren stuck her nose in and somehow found out that Faren was actually a woman named "Michelle Sanderson." She had a husband named "Evan" and a young daughter named "Betsy." The mystery involved why Michelle had taken off and gotten in a car accident that caused her memory loss, leading to her seemingly abandoning Evan and Betsy. As I recall, Evan had learned Michelle was having an affair, and had taken off to Europe with Betsy. Since Michelle's disappearance, Evan had hired a nanny named Janet who was crazy in love with him and wanted Evan to divorce Michelle. Due to conflicting stories about what had gone down, there were custody issues involving Betsy. Janet pulled a gun on Michelle/Faren and Evan took a bullet and died. This became Andy's end-story. He and Faren resumed their marriage and decided to move to Pittsburgh to raise Betsy there rather than cause more upset by moving her to Genoa City.

When Andy returned to Genoa City during the story where Paul was commiserating over the "rape" storyline, we learned that Andy and Faren had eventually divorced.

by Anonymousreply 169January 15, 2024 9:18 PM

R168 That was all a big cover. One of Patty's early traumas was going down to the basement rec room at the Williams' house and seeing Paul and Andy spit roasting Danny Ravioli on the pool table.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2024 10:52 PM

Danny Ravioli!

😂

by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2024 11:52 PM

^^^ Real Jack (Lester) came up with that one. He used to call Danny that frequently. .. The two men didn't get along because Danny didn't like how Jack treated Patty. Danny was the good Catholic boy from high school whom Patty dumped when she fell head over heels for the much older Jack. .. And things were tense when Danny moved into the Abbott house during his sham marriage to Traci when she was preggers with Professor Sullivan's baby.

by Anonymousreply 172January 16, 2024 12:07 AM

Y&R misses Terry Lester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 16, 2024 12:46 AM

BrendaD just posted a small clip today saying how much she misses Terry:

[quote] The Jack and Jill story ❤ I miss Terry very much, he was very intelligent actor, we just clicked. Have a splendid week.

by Anonymousreply 174January 16, 2024 5:26 AM

Mini-spoiler from Tuesday's show ...

While Lauren is talking to Nikki about Nikki's drinking, Lauren relates her own family's experience with FenMo's drug problem and how important having a good sponsor is, telling Nikki that Fen remains close to his sponsor, and that's who Fen & Trey spent Christmas with. .. Hope it was a fun three-way!

by Anonymousreply 175January 16, 2024 5:47 AM

For Christ's sake how many of the main characters on this show are alcoholics? Jack, Nikki, Sharon, Neil (R.I.P.), Katherine (also R.I.P.), Paul (?), Michael (?), Lauren (?)???

Also did anyone see that shiny fake plastic looking 60's hair topper Christine was wearing for extra volume a few weeks ago around Christmas/New Year's?

Phyllis is such a toxic narcissistic 55-60 year old high school mean girl who keeps getting way too many passes. Lauren, Jill, Christine, Nina, Sharon and even Diane of all people have changed for the better while Phyllis is still an unbalanced shit stirring drama living witch.

She's one of the few characters who isn't a Newman or Abbott that doesn't have any character development.

Also if memory serves Eve died from malaria or diphtheria after a mosquito bit her. How is Victor or Nikki to blame for that? Jordan (like Josh Griffith) apparently didn't Google past events.

by Anonymousreply 176January 16, 2024 6:24 AM

I don't recall Paul, Michael, Lauren, or Sharon ever being alcoholic. .. Billy had alcoholic tendencies when he was a teenager and nearly died from it. He became a bona fide gambling addict, though. .. Jack's substance wasn't alcohol, but rather hillbilly heroin (oxy). He still drinks. .. Traci was addicted to food and black beauties, nearly dying from the latter. .. Fenmore seemed to do whatever drug was available (ecstasy, meth, prescription drugs, etc.) Becoming an addict probably could have been avoided, if Carmine had just fucked him. .. And of course, Daniel was addicted to porn. They'll probably never bring that up again ..lol.

by Anonymousreply 177January 16, 2024 9:20 AM

R177 "Daniel was addicted to porn. They'll probably never bring that up again ..lol."

Graz brought it up in an interview once. He said something about keeping a box of Kleenex on the set.

by Anonymousreply 178January 16, 2024 12:42 PM

More Chance shirtless, please!

by Anonymousreply 179January 16, 2024 4:31 PM

R178 Kind of. .. It was a podcast interview. Graz was addressing how he'd gotten absolutely no input from then EP-HW Lathag on how the story should be played or the direction it was going in, which he thought was important for him to know due to the subject matter, and that it had never been handled on a daytime soap before. But his request to discuss this was ignored, and he got zero.zip.zilch.nada, which is when he jokingly told the interviewer that he half-expected to walk on set one day and see a box of Kleenex next to the computer that Daniel was shown watching the porn on.

by Anonymousreply 180January 16, 2024 6:54 PM

Seth was lit.

by Anonymousreply 181January 16, 2024 6:57 PM

R176 Eve died from Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis that she'd gotten while on the cruise she was on when she received Cole's letter about the girl he loved and planned to marry (Victoria). As soon as she arrived in Genoa City to tell Cole about their assumed brother-sister relationship, she fell ill and was hospitalized. She went into a coma, and when she came out of it, she couldn't talk, so never got to tell Cole before dying..

But you're absolutely right. While Victor may have been mean to Eve (who typically deserved it), neither he nor Nikki ever did much to her to incur such vengeful wrath by someone like Aunt Jordan.

In fact, the second time Eve showed up with her co-hort Max, the duo tried to kill Victor by slowly poisoning him, in some convoluted plan for Eve to inherit. Yet, when all was said and done, Victor didn't even have the totally delusional Eve arrested for attempted murder. Instead, he felt sorry for her and had her sent to a private sanitarium for psych treatment.

Also, the first time Eve showed up and was causing trouble in Victor's marriage to Julia -- even though he (correctly) denied that he was Charles' (Cole's) father -- he gave Eve cash to leave town, but also told her to enroll her 6-year old son in the best Swiss boarding school there was, and that he'd pay for the boy's education. Her part was that she would stop going around saying he was the father. She took the deal and exited. .. Years later, that act tied into Victor letting Cole live in The Tack House and work on his writing there, since he felt invested in the young man.

And geez, right before Eve died, she was enjoying herself on a cruise. She obviously wasn't stuck in revenge mode any longer herself.

by Anonymousreply 182January 16, 2024 9:23 PM

Can Chance and Summer just hit the sheets already?

by Anonymousreply 183January 17, 2024 2:05 PM

CHUMMER have zero chemistry. God they are wasting Conner Floyd. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 184January 17, 2024 2:11 PM

R184, Agreed, but I’ll accept any premise that gives us some Conner Floyd flesh.

by Anonymousreply 185January 17, 2024 2:13 PM

I miss the GCAC days, when Chance and Kyle would've been shirtless and showering after a workout.

by Anonymousreply 186January 17, 2024 3:26 PM

Show hasn't known what to do with Chance since they brought him back to town three years ago.

by Anonymousreply 187January 17, 2024 6:21 PM

R186 True. We used to see guys working out in the GCAC gym routinely. .. And I remember when EP-HW, Jack Smith, introduced a new steamroom set at the club. We'd get guys sitting there shooting the breeze shirtless with only towel wraps on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2024 7:09 PM

Seth ... what a pest!

Gee, we heard Nikki mention her male assistant who let Seth in her office. They should think about casting this secretary with a hot guy who knows steno and can rock a pair of snug slacks.

Tucker and Kyle's bitchfest at Society was rather entertaining. JaBottom's mouth still looks like it needs to be filled with a big cock. .. And what a boring life Fucker must lead. He goes from eating alone at Society to ordering coffee alone at the GCAC bar. Exactly what does he do all day long? Go up to his hotel room and watch daytime soap operas?

Aunt Jack is verklepmt. .. At least they played some history related to his marriage to the pill-popping-vodka-swigging Nikki as well as his own addiction to oxy (which Josh Griffith wrote, ca. 2012). Adding a couple of flashbacks would have been nice, though. .. And when Jackie mentioned Kyle going to the tabloids to expose him, I was reminded that Blake Hood was in the role back then. There was also this twink buddy of Kyle's named "Kieran Donnally" who was Jackie's drug supplier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 18, 2024 8:02 PM

Lol about Tucker's daily life. All these business folk who must be making six figures or more, living in a hotel with one bathroom, no separate rooms. Where is all their stuff? I guess tablets cover everything and no need for personal items. Weird, weird way to live.

by Anonymousreply 190January 18, 2024 8:13 PM

What do y'all think of the character of Seth??

by Anonymousreply 191January 18, 2024 8:15 PM

Soaps need to have gay producers and gay writers.

At least then we see beef

by Anonymousreply 192January 18, 2024 8:18 PM

Is Seth the next person to kidnap Nikki? At this rate, she is challenging the number of times Marlena has been abducted on DOOL.

by Anonymousreply 193January 18, 2024 9:52 PM

The problem with the present actors for Jack and Jill is that while there is a wealth of footage for flashbacks most of their best character moments were when they were played by Terry Lester and Brenda Dickson.

This is especially evident when they would flashback to Jill and Katherine's feud in the early days and they reused the same 4 or 5 scenes over and over again because 90% of the best moments of their classic feud were with Brenda Dickson in the role.

This problem is going to be twice as bad with Cole and original Ashley and impossible with Cole and Amelia's Victoria (without the use of frankediting).

I wish they would do what a couple of classic soaps did and show the flashback with the previous actor (without obscuring their face) in the role anyways. This was done with humorous effect to Blair in One Life to Live.

Also the flashback romance montages of Brooke and Ridge on B&B with Thorsten Kaye as Ridge was ridiculous because of the hilariously bad editing they used to replace Ronn with Thorsten.

by Anonymousreply 194January 18, 2024 10:01 PM

It’s been two decades and I still wish they would fire Amelia Heinle and bring back Heather Tom. Amelia has never really been Victoria to me.

by Anonymousreply 195January 18, 2024 10:06 PM

Heather Tom look like she needs her anal glands expressed.

by Anonymousreply 196January 18, 2024 10:09 PM

Lauren's been kidnapped no less than SEVEN times:

Shawn Garrett, Sheila Carter, Rush Carrera, Tom Fisher, Shephyllis, Sarah Smythe, Carmine.

I feel like I'm missing someone ..lol. You'd think at this point, she'd be carrying a gun on her.

by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2024 10:15 PM

My first exposure to Y&R was when Lauren was buried alive by Shawn Garrett. Grant Cramer was a thing of beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 18, 2024 10:20 PM

Grant Cramer's mother, Terry Moore, is (supposedly) one of BrendaD's besties.

I had no idea Terry was so short. I think Brenda is average at best (5'5 per some sources), but Terry looks like a midget next to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 18, 2024 10:32 PM

Brendad might need a little lift and separate as time... drags her down.

by Anonymousreply 200January 18, 2024 10:58 PM

R195 I'm not sure if I'd want Heather Tom back (as you say, it's been TWENTY YEARS), but I've been thinking how this storyline with ClairEve would actually make a plausible exit story for Boretoria.

She's already taken a leave of absence from Newman, there's a modicum of comfortable chemistry between Heinle and J. Eddie (due mainly to their prior work together on AMC), and it wouldn't be that big of a leap to just have Victoria and Claire move to England with Cole to get away from everything and work on building their family dynamic there.

Reed's not around anyway; teenager Johnny could stay with Billy (Chelsea wanted to get to know her bio-son more anyway); and never-seen Katie is a non-entity at this point. She could go to England too, for now.

by Anonymousreply 201January 18, 2024 11:13 PM

R201 Bold and the Beautiful is a bigger offender in terms of cast budget cuts. 99% of the cast is either a Forrester, Logan, Spencer or a best friend or spouse/love interest of one.

by Anonymousreply 202January 19, 2024 12:01 AM

Bring back Snapper.

by Anonymousreply 203January 19, 2024 11:58 AM

Snapper is probably on a Hoveround by now.

Although, I suppose Y&R could use that in some kind of product placement deal related to the majority of the show's audience.

by Anonymousreply 204January 19, 2024 8:19 PM

I would love to see Heather Tom back as Victoria. Heinle has never worked as Victoria. Heather Tom kills it as Katie on B&B !

by Anonymousreply 205January 19, 2024 10:38 PM

Heather Tom looks like Scarah Suchabee Slanders after corrective reconstructive surgery.

by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2024 11:15 PM

Victorias long lost fraternal twin sister returns as well in the form of heather Tom.

by Anonymousreply 207January 20, 2024 12:51 AM

Heather Tom made me stop watching Y&R back in the '90s. It hurt too much to watch her suffer with her pinched sphincter every time one of her scenes came on. There was no way—NO WAY!—a guy as hot as Ryan McNeil was going to give someone with such an obvious affliction the time of day. I occasionally say a little prayer of thanksgiving to the soap gods for sending Amelia Heinle to Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 208January 20, 2024 1:34 AM

I'm surprised to hear myself say this, but I am actually enjoying these mother-daughter scenes between Victoria and Claire. Their scenes are proving to be effective and I'm caring more and more about Claire as a result.

by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2024 5:44 PM

i'm actually liking Ameila in the maternal role in this, too. If only they would expand the story to see her explainng to her existing, never seen children, they have an older sibling. I realize the budget won't allow that, but what a wasted opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2024 6:22 PM

Heinle's been in the role nearly 20 years now. For many viewers she's the only Victoria they've known, and honestly I used to be a critic, and still call her Boretoria now and again, but I'm pretty much over Heather Tom. And the stories that the last few regimes have written for Heinle's Victoria seem very much her Victoria: the abuse story with JT, the misguided relationship with Ashland Locke, and now this story with ClaireEve. So too, we can't dismiss what made Heinle popular in the role to begin with, as there were tons of female viewers who loved "Villy" - Heinle and Billy Miller's "Billy." I also think Heinle's Victoria plays well in her sibling scenes with Morrow and Grossman. They actually look like they could be related.

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2024 7:41 PM

Its interesting that Y&R doesn't want any teen characters, save for the occasionally seen Lucy.

Meanwhile, GH has had an active set of teen characters for the past 6+ years and reportedly is looking to expand its teen set now that the original teens are in their early 20s.

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2024 8:14 PM

Lucy looks like she's 45, that old lady hairdo. She's totally boring, too. If only Grandma Williams were around to knock her into shape.

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2024 9:55 PM

Lucy's sole purpose on the show is to provide a reason to keep bringing Daniel and Heather together.

Once that's accomplished, she likely will go join Faith and Moses at boarding school, or college or whereever they are.

by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2024 10:06 PM

R212, maybe teens just aren't a big demographic for Y&R? I'd guess market research says Viril and Nippi and Aunt Jack are what wet the Depends of their core audience.

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote] She's totally boring, too. If only Grandma Williams were around to knock her into shape.

They keep referring to Heather being Lucy's "Mom." .. Whatever. .. But Daniel and Heather have never been married, and Lucy's actual mother is rapist Daisy with her two Grandmas being psycho Sheila and headcase Phyllis. .. With female genes like that, Lucy should be totally NUTS.

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2024 11:52 PM

Longtime script writer, Janice Ferri Esser, has opted to leave the show. She's been one constant from Ye Olde Bill Bell era going through all the numerous regimes up til now - well except for a brief period, which she notes:

[quote] I’ve been there for 35 consecutive years this spring (with a brief sojourn down the hall in 2007-2008 to our sister show, The Bold & the Beautiful).

I believe that was during Lathag's 'scorched earth' period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 23, 2024 10:48 PM

R216 Given who Lucy's mother and maternal grandmother both are I don't think that's something that they'd want to acknowledge or be reminded of.

by Anonymousreply 218January 24, 2024 3:26 AM

How is Mamie doing?

by Anonymousreply 219January 24, 2024 3:30 AM

When did Chance last have sex?

by Anonymousreply 220January 24, 2024 8:12 AM

Chance needs to interact with more characters. Summer does not deserve him. I don't know if there is an age appropriate female for him. Claire? Lucy? Audra? A returned Faith?

by Anonymousreply 221January 24, 2024 11:25 AM

I'm perfectly fine with the idea that Chance prefers solo sessions with a toy that looks like a police baton, while fantasizing about his mancrush, Rey Rosales, pounding him. Chance has a little shrine dedicated to Rey, which includes a pair of stretched-out white Hanes briefs that he stole from the laundry hamper at Sharon's place right after Rey died.

by Anonymousreply 222January 24, 2024 1:00 PM

I wonder if Janice's leaving has something to do with Griffith's firing the outline writers.

by Anonymousreply 223January 24, 2024 5:49 PM

It's a shame Jordan couldn't poison Griffith and leave only enough antidote for the Newmans.

by Anonymousreply 224January 24, 2024 6:34 PM

R218 Actually, there have been several stories in soapland where the Nature v. Nurture theme has been played in storyline. .. On this soap, they hit us over the head with that concept in regards to Victor-Junior-Adam. .. How could a son raised by St. Hopeless far away from "Victor's World" turn out to be as bad as his father? .. Conner already seems like he could be a little twisted.

by Anonymousreply 225January 24, 2024 7:55 PM

Miss Connor is too twisted for color tv.

by Anonymousreply 226January 24, 2024 8:28 PM

R219 yeah it’s been awhile since she’s been on. When did Mamie turn into such an insufferable cunt? I prefer the 90s Mamie when she and John Abbott were dating and she was fighting with Jill. Not the weak ass sniping she does with Jill now.

by Anonymousreply 227January 25, 2024 12:10 AM

Why haven’t they shown Heather and Adam together at all? They used to date and, IIRC, didn’t Heather walk in on Adam and a man (I cannot remember his name but he was a friend of Billy’s) making out during Adam’s “I’m pretending to be bisexual and blind” era circa summer 2009?

by Anonymousreply 228January 25, 2024 11:54 AM

Rafe was the name of the guy Adam made with. He might have also blown Adam (off-camera).

by Anonymousreply 229January 25, 2024 3:33 PM

Heather didn't walk in on Adam and Rafe kissing. It was Nikki. And she basically saw them through an open doorway. She didn't say anything and quietly left. And none of the Newmans really cared about Adam being gay. If I'm remembering correctly, when Nikki told Victoria about it, they had good chuckle over it. Victor basically told Adam, "I love my gay son."

Heather found out because Nikki and Paul were involved at the time, so she told Paul thinking his daughter should know, so he told Heather. This led to a loud break up scene between Heather and Adam, where Heather ranted around the room like a honking goose. I always wondered why she sounded like that. Now, we know the actress probably had a hit of coke up her nose at the time.

The whole town found out, because Rafe's buddy, Billy Abbott, was running "Restless Style" at the time and made a point about Adam's lust for cock in his tabloid article about the devil Adam.

by Anonymousreply 230January 25, 2024 6:24 PM

Maria Bell was determined to bring homosexuality to Genoa City one way or another.

Between Adam seducing Rafe to Phillip 3rd coming back from the dead as a gay man, Maria certain tried to make homosexuality a part of the soap.

Now, we've got a rarely seen lesbian couple and an off-screen Fen and Trey spending Christmas with his AA sponsor rather than coming home for his parent's remarriage ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 231January 25, 2024 6:30 PM

God, the business bro-talk with Billy and Chance today was so cringe. As was the "double date." Though is is hilarious to hear policeman Chance talk about ROI. Of course not as hilarious as Drabby joining Chancellor-Winters. Also, WTF was Audra wearing today? They really need to have her do something else besides try to sleep with men and take over companies. If she's supposed to be the town slut, at least have her go after more interesting targets.

by Anonymousreply 232January 25, 2024 6:35 PM

Audra has so far ridden Noah, Tucker, Kyle and very soon, Nate.

by Anonymousreply 233January 25, 2024 7:21 PM

Audra is an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 234January 25, 2024 8:26 PM

According to my cable guide, “Chance sees a new side to Summer” on today’s episode.

Are we talking anal?

by Anonymousreply 235January 29, 2024 12:18 PM

That would be more interesting. I thought it meant that Summer showed a hint of personality.

by Anonymousreply 236January 29, 2024 2:10 PM

Have Nick and Audra fucked yet? Sleeping with your son's ex used to make good soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 237January 29, 2024 4:14 PM

[quote] Are we talking anal?

Perhaps her pegging him? .. Recall, when Chance first showed up he was portrayed as a 25-year old virgin, and Chloe had to take charge of the situation and deflower him.

And Dummer should be experienced in this regard since she was married to JaBottom.

by Anonymousreply 238January 29, 2024 7:48 PM

R237 give her time.

by Anonymousreply 239January 29, 2024 8:24 PM

Dear Gawd in Heaven ... Can Nikki just go to Betty Ford for a month?

Unless she's going to go full-n drunk and end up in a seedy one-room rental like she did with drinking buddy, Deacon Sharpe, then this staring at her flask business is getting tedious.

by Anonymousreply 240January 29, 2024 8:37 PM

R240 agreed. I think Mel just wants an Emmy. But it’s getting repetitive. Victor has more money than God and can send her to the best place to dry out. And Mel gets a vacation. But they’d rather bore viewers to death for Christ only knows how long.

by Anonymousreply 241January 29, 2024 8:51 PM

I’m not sure what the point of Brian Gaskill’s character was if that’s the end of him as far as episodes. I’m assuming he’ll be returning and have more to do?

by Anonymousreply 242January 29, 2024 9:45 PM

Brian's Gaskill's character seemed to be there as a way to put Nikki and Jack together again.

Seth can't be Nikki's sponsor anymore since he lost his sobriety, So, she turns to Jack.

Presumably, this sponsor-sponsee relationship that Jack and Nikki have will cause problems in both their marriages.

by Anonymousreply 243January 29, 2024 10:07 PM

I can't go to rehab. I'm dying and I need to find my husband a new wife before I go.

by Anonymousreply 244January 29, 2024 10:17 PM

[quote] I think Mel just wants an Emmy.

If that's the case, then they should keep in mind that Daytime Emmys run on the calendar year. Whatever they submit for the upcoming nominations would have to be from her episodes within this story that aired up to December 31, 2023. And if they're writing these alcoholic scenes for the following year, it's been noted that work so far back often gets neglected.

by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2024 10:17 PM

Mel is not well thought of in the industry, and unless her co-actresses (Stafford, Case etc.) push for her, she won't even get the pre-nom. The shit she has pulled from her days as Mrs. Ed Scott still make her less than a team player with the cast. Maybe Sony can strong arm them?

by Anonymousreply 246January 29, 2024 10:43 PM

Seth stops drinking, but turns to food instead.

Nikki finds Seth at Crimson Lights, gorging on a half-dozen jumbo muffins.

Nikki makes a quick phone call, then tells Seth, "I think I know someone who can help you."

In walks, Traci Abbott.

Traci teaches Seth how to limit himself to one muffin per day, and "Treth" becomes the show's new supercouple.

by Anonymousreply 247January 29, 2024 10:57 PM

Spoiler.....

Jordan done burnt down the prison!

by Anonymousreply 248January 30, 2024 1:35 AM

Is Jordan going to be like James Stenbeck and Stefano DiMera?

She keeps rising from the ashes.

by Anonymousreply 249January 31, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote]Is Jordan going to be like James Stenbeck?

"Hello, Jordan."

by Anonymousreply 250January 31, 2024 10:46 PM

Right now, I'm still enjoying Jordan's reign of terror, so I don't mind if she keeps coming back.

But at some point it will get old, as it did with James Stenbeck.

by Anonymousreply 251January 31, 2024 10:48 PM

I don't want Jordan to ever leave. She can come back as her good twin Nordan. But Colleen Zenk is not someone to be tossed on the heap of ex-Y&Rers.

by Anonymousreply 252January 31, 2024 11:01 PM

I loved Traci's line to Ashley 'Let's go and get a croissant' -true character rings out.

For having a security team, Victor never seems to know where Nikki is, considering they live together and work together, and there are probably security cameras all over Newman Enterprises.

How is Heather considered Granny Lucy's mother if Crazy Daisy gave birth to her? Does Lucy know this? I vaguely recall Stafford as Sheila via plastic surgery. Is that all when this went down?

by Anonymousreply 253February 1, 2024 5:46 PM

R253 No, not during the Shephyllis story (by Lathag).

Lucy's bio- mother, Crazy Daisy, and her hot twin brother, Ryder, arrived during the "Sarah Smythe Is Sheila's Sister" storyline (by MAB).

Tracy Bregman played "Sarah," who had gotten plastic surgery to look like Sheila's nemesis, with Lauren getting kidnapped (again). .. At some point, Daisy went on to rape Daniel and got pregnant with Lucy.

The "mom" thing with Heather is odd. I guess it's a matter of affection and courtesy toward Heather for the significant role she's played in Lucy's upbringing, since Heather has helped raise the girl for almost her entire life. But technically, Heather's not even Lucy's step-mother, since Heather & Daniel just lived together and aren't married.

by Anonymousreply 254February 1, 2024 8:42 PM

Heather would be the only mother Lucy has ever known

by Anonymousreply 255February 1, 2024 9:29 PM

They spend about a third of Friday's episode having Adam-Sally and Chelsea-Billy separately yak about "What's Eating Miss Connor?"

Thinking this could spell a return, I looked around. I guess Grossman put a pic up on IG with Egan and Mackey on set. It's not there any longer, but SOD reported it on January 29, indicating to expect an appearance soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256February 1, 2024 10:12 PM

Rolling my eyes at Victor barking orders at his security team over the phone to conduct their own investigation if the official one can't be sped up. He's become so one note in the last few years. He's probably the most expensive set on the show.

Diane is given nothing to do. Also this whole storyline where Ashley is obsessed with remembering as to whether or not Tucker was violent towards her is ridiculous.

I don't know why Tucker has been made Satan incarnate. Perhaps they want St. John to play him just like he played antisocial badboy Victor Lord, Jr. from One Life to Live. Because that's all I see. Either that or St. John is a limited actor. Anyone know if he's gay?

I know Stephen Nichols is busy at Days and couldn't return but de-aging Tucker by twenty years seems to have been done to soothe Eileen's ego.

I honestly think Victor is a manipulative control freak who enjoys torturing and gaslighting Nikki. If he were really smart he would've banned all alcohol from the ranch decades ago. Because what kind of person with an alcoholic spouse always leaves an easily accessible decanter of booze in the middle of the living room?

by Anonymousreply 257February 2, 2024 2:01 AM

Victor Newman does, R257!

You got that!!

by Anonymousreply 258February 2, 2024 2:31 AM

Drunk Nikki somehow eluding security and staggering over to Jabot to hang out with Aunt Jack was fucking hilarious.

This show needs conniving Diane back and not whatever neutered version we're stuck with now.

by Anonymousreply 259February 2, 2024 2:33 AM

R259, Nikki falling forward when Jack opened the door had me howling.

by Anonymousreply 260February 2, 2024 3:29 AM

The scenes in Paris with Ashley in front of the green screen were ultra tacky looking.

What was up with that waiter’s Brillo Pad hair? It was red on the sides and black on top.

by Anonymousreply 261February 2, 2024 3:32 AM

R261 LOL. I noticed BOTH of those things as well.

The gay guy who casts the underfives needs to do better.

by Anonymousreply 262February 2, 2024 3:58 AM

Griffith looks to be going down the psych issues road with Ashley again. .. Seems like HW's like to do this whenever ED is in the role, as the character's mental instability wasn't played when Epperson or Shattuck played the character. .. But ED's Ashley had more than one nervous breakdown during her first run. .. And after she returned to the show, the character went nuts again when Smith-Alden were writing, as well as when MAB had Adam gaslighting her, with Ashley actually going over the edge. .. With Ashley's apparent delusions, I'm wondering if they'd actually go there with some kind late onset schizophrenia, or prosecutorial delusional disorder??

by Anonymousreply 263February 3, 2024 9:31 PM

I doubt Josh can give a tale like that the justice it would deserve.

I can't believe he won the Emmy for writing over Chelsea's three day suicide storyline.

Does she even get regular counseling? Do people check in on her?

by Anonymousreply 264February 3, 2024 11:35 PM

"prosecutorial" in R263 was supposed to be "persecutory"

DL "autocorrect" error.

by Anonymousreply 265February 4, 2024 4:46 AM

So there is no one at Newman Enterprises who can help Nicki block an unknown number?LOL

by Anonymousreply 266February 4, 2024 4:49 AM

Another absurdity ... So there's absolutely no one at Newman Media whom Nikki can promote from within to take Audra's place, and she's crying to Aunt Jack about finding a replacement? .. It must be the most depressing place to toil away knowing you'll never be rewarded with a promotion, LOL,

by Anonymousreply 267February 4, 2024 8:33 PM

R247, I know you were kidding, but I’d tune in for that story.

by Anonymousreply 268February 4, 2024 10:31 PM

Abby, Devon, Audra and Nate are all boring as hell and should be written off permanently. Neither Melissa Boredway or Bryton can act their way out of a paper bag. Melissa's bland white girl acting belongs on Lifetime and Hallmark. Maybe they should give her a recurring role on When Calls The Queef.

by Anonymousreply 269February 4, 2024 11:44 PM

Audra has potential, but the writing for her makes her too wishy washy. She should go after 85 year old Victor and really rock Nikki's world. I'm sure Braeden wouldn't mind.

by Anonymousreply 270February 5, 2024 12:42 AM

I've never cared for Boredway or Bryton. Can you believe that in June it's gonna be 20 YEARS that he's been playing DuhVon? Boy did he luck out the day he got hired.

But Audra is currently one of my favorites. I wish they'd give her something on the personal (non-business), family side, like a hot younger brother to mix things up.

As for Nate, Sean Dominic is the best Nate they've had in the role, but I still don't buy him in this corporate executive position. He was better as a doctor. But apparently Griffith has no use for anything hospital-related. Notice how Elena is MIA? Not that I miss her, but she might as well be taken off-contract. And now Griffith has had both Chance and Blabby give up their positions in police work and the restaurant and moved them into the business world as well. This is major problem on the show. Too much of the same business shit over and over.

by Anonymousreply 271February 5, 2024 12:43 AM

I wouldn't mind the business world stories if they were remotely interesting, but they're all boring AF. How long are they going to drag out the stupid Tucker vs. Jabot storyline?

Audra should make a play for Aunt Jack. Instead of having Aunt Jordan try to kill the Newmans (as if that would ever happen), they should have had her make a play for Victor while driving Nikki back to the bottle.

by Anonymousreply 272February 5, 2024 2:39 AM

I think The Mystery of What Happened at the Bistro is the most mysterious, compelling story they've told since Cassandra and Paul.

by Anonymousreply 273February 5, 2024 11:53 AM

Everytime a soap hits a bad lull they need a good murder mystery.

by Anonymousreply 274February 5, 2024 12:03 PM

Friday’s episode was laughably lame.

by Anonymousreply 275February 5, 2024 1:50 PM

[quote] Everytime a soap hits a bad lull they need a good murder mystery.

One might actually have to have an appealing detective in the mix to make that work. .. Yet, Griffith has now jettisoned retired Paul to Portugal, killed off Rey, and moved Chance into the business world.

And this actually surprises me, since Griffith's non-soap sideline has been writing mystery-detective novels through his Dark Street Press venture. I've never read any of his books, but his novels actually get pretty good reviews at Amazon. He created one police detective named "Justin Chance" who plays the protagonist in a series of mystery novels. You can read the synopses at his website. .. Where are these people in Genoa City? .. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276February 5, 2024 9:07 PM

Just a feeling, no spoiler but I wonder if Jordan is going to take Conner under her wing.

by Anonymousreply 277February 6, 2024 12:45 AM

I dint shee anythin rong with Nicki's tex meshage to Fake Jack.

Melodee Thomas Scoot shood talk to her doctor tho. That one bagg under her eye doesnt match the other.

by Anonymousreply 278February 6, 2024 7:32 PM

Obviously Jordan faked her death using someone else's body so she could find a way to back to Genoa City and kidnap and kill Niki again. I hope this time she succeeds.

For her funeral they'll bring back Roberta Leighton as Casey and Brenda Dickson will return as Jill for those episodes as a fill in for Jess Walton.

by Anonymousreply 279February 7, 2024 1:36 AM

Good God Michael Damian is one lousy actor. Is he having trouble remembering his lines? He needs to hole himself up in the closet, not the recording studio.

by Anonymousreply 280February 7, 2024 5:22 PM

Who is Jordan an aunt to? That’s where I get lost.

by Anonymousreply 281February 7, 2024 5:37 PM

[quote]Who is Jordan an aunt to? That’s where I get lost.

Claire.

Jordan's sister Eve was the grandmother of Claire. Technically she would be a great aunt or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 282February 7, 2024 5:58 PM

Thanks r282.

by Anonymousreply 283February 7, 2024 6:15 PM

I'm waiting for Aunt Jordan to slip into that dive bar and play Nicki's stripper song on the juke box so that drunk-ass Nicki can relive her past glories and start taking her clothes off.

by Anonymousreply 284February 7, 2024 6:37 PM

Blabby says, "That's just so unlike my mom." .. The twit seems totally clueless about her mother's long history of psych issues. .. Maybe Aunt Traci should give her niece the Cliff Notes version of Ashley's long history of mental breakdowns. .. I think she's been institutionalized something like four times.

It's on days like this, that I miss Tognoni's 'more adult' Phyllis. .. TPTB playing into nearly 60-year old Stafford's eye-rolling schtick of acting like a 15-year old in high school is not something I care to watch. In any event, RockOn's 'dilemma' over who his beard should be would only be entertaining if it were played as camp.

So Tucker's going to be buy a bunch of old perfume and cosmetic companies as a base for Glissade? .. TPTB obviously don't understand the perfume and makeup market. .. Once these products lose popularity, about the only retail establishments that will give them shelf space is CVS, then Ross Dress for Less on the rack in the back.

by Anonymousreply 285February 7, 2024 8:02 PM

The Ashley character is weakened when she has these psychological issues. And over Fucker of all men?

The Glissade storyline probably will be phased out. There’s absolutely no follow through on any of Fuckers stories. First he was going to take over Chancellor Winters and then Jabot, now it’s both. Esther the retard is tougher than this imbecile. Yet everyone is keeping a wary eye on him at both companies. Ridiculous. I dislike St. John anyway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the actor left the role. No one wants to play a loser constantly.

I ff the Blabby Duhvon shit. Send these two off to Siberia.

The Staff is hilarious throwing herself at Rock On. Yeah she acts like a teen, but it’s making the bugs head spin which I love. Always hated Cricket.

The Nikki alike storyline is firmly in camp territory now. All the money and resources have it’d be too easy to have Nikki go dry out somewhere. I expect Nikki to hit the stripper pole any day now.

Aunt Jack fretting over Nikki’s plight, while trying to recruit Lauren, was hysterical and felt like it took up half the show yesterday.

Claire will probably be gone by summer. Like all of Victoria’s kids. Spoken of rarely and God knows living where. And they want people to be emotionally invested in this garbage when the actors are let go as they always are. Stupid idea. Yet another Newman.

by Anonymousreply 286February 7, 2024 8:35 PM

Nikki alkie storyline ^^^

by Anonymousreply 287February 7, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote] I dislike St. John anyway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the actor left the role. No one wants to play a loser constantly.

I've been thinking so many people dislike the looser that this might be leading to a "Who Killed Fucker McFail?" storyline. Problem is, the audience wouldn't care.

[quote] Aunt Jack fretting over Nikki’s plight, while trying to recruit Lauren, was hysterical and felt like it took up half the show yesterday.

And the stupidity of that move is that Nikki just fired Audra for knowing about her alcoholism and feeling under the microscope accusing Audra of watching her and looking for signs that she's drinking .. Aunt Jack knows that, yet who is he trying to recurit? Lauren, who not only knows about Nikki's drinking, but has already had to help her out. Jack's even suggesting that Lauren accept the COO position to be some kind of guard, exactly what Nikki thought about Audra.

by Anonymousreply 288February 7, 2024 9:24 PM

R288 I think the idea is Lauren is a friend of Nikki’s, whereas she never fully trusted Audra. There’s still so many plot holes in her alkie storyline, it’s not even so bad it’s good soap opera. The show keeps devolving into more of a shit fest every day.

by Anonymousreply 289February 7, 2024 9:32 PM

Lauren has her own company. Why would she go work for old drunk Nicki?

by Anonymousreply 290February 7, 2024 9:44 PM

R290 it was all explained by Aunt Jack yesterday. Lauren has this incredible management team to run Fenmores, so she’s free to help Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 291February 7, 2024 9:50 PM

This all feels like filler to give Tracy Bregman something to do while Christian La Blanc is out getting more cancer treatments.

by Anonymousreply 292February 7, 2024 9:54 PM

Bregmans really not on much, even when Michael is around. I guess she’s agreed to work some more. Kind of like giving Esther the retard the coffee house to manage (Sharon is such a genius in doing this), to be on more. I’m not sure how Linders being on contract works, since she’s never been recurring, but technically is. I think she’s blackmailing the Bell family with something to be in the credits forever now.

by Anonymousreply 293February 7, 2024 10:04 PM

They don't really need to write filler for a character who's not on contract. She's been off months at a time.

by Anonymousreply 294February 7, 2024 10:06 PM

I’ve begun FFing through each episode lately.

I only keep DVRing it for scenes of Chance showing flesh.

by Anonymousreply 295February 7, 2024 10:40 PM

Bergman lives in Tennessee, right?

by Anonymousreply 296February 7, 2024 10:48 PM

r296

I thought that was Nina... Bregman seems like CA girl thru and thru

by Anonymousreply 297February 7, 2024 10:50 PM

R297 After the fire destroyed Bregman's home in Malibu, she moved to Tennessee.

by Anonymousreply 298February 7, 2024 10:58 PM

You should have seen me roasting marshmallows at Lauren's house as it burned to the ground. Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 299February 8, 2024 2:25 AM

If the show is invested in Chance/Summer, they sure are leaving us hanging by not showing them for a week.

Does Mel know she is the laughing stock of the soap industry with this slurred shit? What happened to the guy Vic ordered to not let Nikki out of his sight?? How do you miss her? The thought of her pole dancing and breaking a hip is keeping me interested.

by Anonymousreply 300February 8, 2024 4:58 AM

[quote] What happened to the guy Vic ordered to not let Nikki out of his sight??

R300 We didn't see the guy, but as soon as Nikki entered the bar wearing her sunglasses of invisibility, the next scene showed Victor getting a phone (presumably from that guy) telling Victor the name of the bar that Nikki was in. Anyway, Victor told the guy to stay put, as he was on his way. .. This led to the scene at "The Empty Glass" where Nikki was seen hiding in the back area of the bar while Victor was flashing cash to get the tall gay otter bartender to talk.

by Anonymousreply 301February 8, 2024 7:24 AM

“If the show is invested in Chance/Summer, they sure are leaving us hanging by not showing them for a week.“

Are they still on that dinner date?

by Anonymousreply 302February 8, 2024 8:01 AM

Coffeehouse psychiatrist Sharon playing corporate executive is fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 303February 8, 2024 6:23 PM

Just as hilarious as detective Chance, and restaurant owner Abby becoming executives.

Three cheers for drunk-ass Nicki passed out on that filthy bar table. LOL MTS is really committing to this story arc.

by Anonymousreply 304February 8, 2024 6:27 PM

I was hoping they'd have Nikki's head resting in the French Fries basket on the table, and when Victor woke her, she'd raise it up and have ketchup all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 305February 8, 2024 6:58 PM

I was never much of a fan of Haley Erin during her GH run. She was a decent actress, but I didn't especially like the Kiki character.

That's why I am continually stunned by how good she is as Claire. She's had me near tears in some of her scenes with Cole and Victoria. She's hitting it out of the park. The Claire-Cole-Victoria storyline is the only thing on Y&R that has any heart right now.

Meanwhile, drunk Nicki is the great. Mel's having a ball and definitely should get an Emmy nod next year.

I'm surprised how much I'm liking the Phyllis-Danny-Cricket triangle. It is really refreshing to see the Phyllis-Cricket rivalry is full gear almost 30 years later.

Meanwhile, all the various incarnations of the business stories are putting me to sleep (except for Audra), while Ashley's 19th nervous breakdown is yawn inducing.

by Anonymousreply 306February 8, 2024 7:18 PM

At least Sharon has some past history working at NE in more than one capacity and has a college degree that has some transferable people skills. But another stupid exec is one-time grifter, Mariah, being appointed VP/Director of Marketing at Jabot.

by Anonymousreply 307February 8, 2024 8:12 PM

Well, this is sorta cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 8, 2024 8:12 PM

Meanwhile, international singing superstar Tessa will be the manager of Society. LOL

by Anonymousreply 309February 8, 2024 8:40 PM

I thought Christian Leblanc was Bob Barker at first in that video R308, until I realized Bob’s dead.

by Anonymousreply 310February 8, 2024 10:10 PM

Well, at least Tessa used to be a waitress at Society. .. lol. .. Now, she can take the little stage at the restaurant and croon a tune now and again like ex-con Gina Roma would do after she got Real Jack to loan her the cash to buy Jonas' Place and turn it into Gina's Place.

by Anonymousreply 311February 8, 2024 10:15 PM

Wasn’t Gina once nearly Jack’s stepmother?

by Anonymousreply 312February 8, 2024 10:18 PM

R312 John Abbott and Gina dated for awhile, and they sing duets from time to time. There was talk of him financing another restaurant for her (to be called "Gina's Too" ??). I don't recall it ever getting serious enough to talk marriage. After Pervin Fisher burned Gina's Place down (which was also Gina's home), John let Gina live at the Abbott house for awhile. That only lasted awhile though. John soon met GloHo and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 313February 8, 2024 10:29 PM

R308, thanks for posting that. I liked it a lot more than I probably should’ve. Stafford, in the video, seemed fun and light.

I forgot about John and Gina. I do remember Original Recipe Jack living in that apartment above Gina’s (where Jonas romanced blond amnesiac Leslie, if memory serves).

Did Jack live there maybe when he was working in the soup kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 314February 9, 2024 12:43 AM

You know I was named after my dad. He helped me hide the body of a friend I murdered. He was a good guy. Well except for the rapey thing with me and my sister. Any wonder why I'm a fat drunk?

by Anonymousreply 315February 9, 2024 2:15 AM

Aunt Jordan is so fixated on Stripper Nikki that one could imagine she's some kind of psycho-lesbian who has this weird love-hate relationship with Nikki and is basically the female version of Edward the Stalker.

They should show nutty Jordan watching her prized possession, one of the last remaining copies of the videotape "Hot Hips" - the old VHS porno starring Nikki Reed that Tony DiSalvo produced and sold. .. When Jordan starts playing the tape for captive Nikki, she's shocked when Nikki informs her that's not really her naked body writhing in ecstasy, because Tony put her head on top of Boobsie's body. .. An angry Jordan screams, "How dare you betray me and my Magic Wand like that for the last 40 years! ... Now you really are gonna die."

by Anonymousreply 316February 9, 2024 8:25 PM

Clint Eastwood fucked Mel T S when she was young. V E R Y young.

by Anonymousreply 317February 12, 2024 12:21 AM

OMG Mel had a chunky, moon faced look during The Beguiled. Clint must have been hitting the sauce if he went after her then.

by Anonymousreply 318February 12, 2024 1:50 PM

Jail bait?

The Beguiled was filmed in April 1970, when Melody Thomas was barely 14.

by Anonymousreply 319February 12, 2024 7:07 PM

Ashley is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Aunt Jack is a histrionic drama queen.

Traci needs a chill pill (or two, based on her body weight).

I was laughing at Diane just sitting there quietly, staring at all of them.

by Anonymousreply 320February 12, 2024 7:23 PM

How many days has Audra gone without dick?

by Anonymousreply 321February 12, 2024 7:38 PM

Long time heroines 60 and over, Nikki and Ashley are certainly getting a lot of screen time and Emmy bait(they think) material. But NOTHING ever happens.

by Anonymousreply 322February 12, 2024 8:12 PM

I want to see them both in a nursing home. Fighting of a sponge bath Matteo.

by Anonymousreply 323February 13, 2024 4:03 AM

Either Ashley has inherited Dina's alzheimer's or she has an aneurysm.

by Anonymousreply 324February 13, 2024 5:16 AM

R321 I think it's been zero full days in soap time. More like hours.

We saw Tucker & Audra fuck in the episode dated February 2nd. It looked like a morning session as there was sunlight in the room, and they'd just shared a pot of tea in Tucker's room.

But today's February 12th episode, the other characters who were in that February 2nd episode are still wearing the same clothes. This is especially noticeable with Nikki, who's been to the dive bar and back in that drab, grey business suit, Chelsea still wearing her sparkly magenta blouse talking to Billy, Aunt Jack in his striped dress shirt with collar clasp, etc. It's just that it's now night time when we Tucker & Audra going at it again. - jmho

by Anonymousreply 325February 13, 2024 6:09 AM

They have no budget. 90% of their set budget goes to their oldest and most expensive set which is Eric Braeden. They're also paying big bucks to make sure the veterans stay.

The Bold and the Beautiful cast is even more tight. There are less than a dozen characters who aren't a Forrester, Logan or Spencer.

Regardless if another soap were to get cancelled it would most likely be DOoL.

by Anonymousreply 326February 13, 2024 7:51 AM

How does B and B seem to have money for new sets? Lately we've seen RJ' s new house, and yesterday Poppy's apartment. And also Zende's guest house or wherever he is living.

by Anonymousreply 327February 13, 2024 2:26 PM

You'd think Davidson would be more protective of her character than to go for this again. I know can't totally call the shots but you wonder if she hasn't expressed dismay behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 328February 13, 2024 3:15 PM

Nikki's Ozempic face looks like a combination between latter day Katherine Chancellor and Laura Wright. And also a ceramic glasses holder my granny had, where the frames rested on a dog's nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 13, 2024 3:19 PM

I love that Nick mentioned Summer is a 'mother' but he's never acknowledged weirdo Harrison as his grandson, and heaven forbid anyone suggest Nikki is a GREAT grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 330February 13, 2024 6:11 PM

Harrison isn't Summer's kid, unless they are just pretending that the Tara storyline never happnened

by Anonymousreply 331February 13, 2024 6:33 PM

I think the bedroom we saw Nikki in on Monday is a new set -- well, if you can call a large bed with a wall behind it, and some other furniture around it a set. It's been a long time since we've seen any kind of upstairs room at the NuRanch.

Also, the dive bar that Nikki got wasted in last week was another new set. I wonder if we'll see "The Empty Nest" again? .. Looks like their French Fries must be famous, so maybe Traci will go there, or perhaps RockOn can book a gig there to try out some of his new songs.

by Anonymousreply 332February 13, 2024 7:33 PM

r331

Isn't she his step mom?

by Anonymousreply 333February 13, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote] I wonder if we'll see "The Empty Nest" again?

Should be "The Empty Glass." .. For a moment I was thinking about that old place in Genoa City called "The Crow's Nest."

by Anonymousreply 334February 13, 2024 7:50 PM

The Abbott living room is so cramped the actors can barely move around.

by Anonymousreply 335February 14, 2024 1:08 AM

Re: Abbott Living Room - they have the Brooks Family's coffee table in their living room. Maybe Jen left it to her good friend Dina?

by Anonymousreply 336February 14, 2024 10:06 PM

Dina's kidnapping/arson/shanking antics are sorely missed in GC.

by Anonymousreply 337February 14, 2024 10:10 PM

R336 Maybe that's the coffee table that Stuart fucked Dina on top of when she got pregnant with Cousin Theo's father, Eric Vanderway.

by Anonymousreply 338February 14, 2024 11:27 PM

R338, Wasn’t Theo reported to be returning?

by Anonymousreply 339February 15, 2024 12:09 AM

R339 I think it was a stupid, fake spoiler from one of those not-to-be-trusted websites or youtube channels that just make shit up. If I'm remembering correctly, I think it was being floated around the time that JaBottom and NuDummer called it quits - the idea being that Theo would return and get involved with her. .. The DataLounge version of that would be that JaBottom would get jealous because Theo's fucking her and not him.

by Anonymousreply 340February 15, 2024 12:39 AM

R337 Dina merely cut Nikki's hand with a butter knife. Nikki got hysterical and began shrieking (like the whiny snobby little bitch she is) that she was stabbed and that she's going to need stitches.

by Anonymousreply 341February 15, 2024 1:53 AM

Ashley now has voices in her head.

Miss Connor now has a psychiatrist.

Jordan now has a wig from Dollar Tree.

by Anonymousreply 342February 16, 2024 12:51 AM

Jordan's cheap wig manages to look better than whatever Nikki wears on her head.

by Anonymousreply 343February 16, 2024 2:11 AM

LOL Jordan in GC with Seth, maybe she'll set Nikki up for killing him.

by Anonymousreply 344February 16, 2024 5:18 AM

I can't believe SONY is so tight they make Suzanne Rodgers lend out her McCrory wig to Colleen/Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 345February 16, 2024 5:35 PM

McCrory! Now that takes me back!

by Anonymousreply 346February 16, 2024 11:56 PM

"Erica Hope returns today as Nikki Reed Newman."

by Anonymousreply 347February 17, 2024 7:31 PM

R347, could you imagine?!

by Anonymousreply 348February 17, 2024 8:03 PM

Mini-spoiler for Monday ... the episode opens with Fucker and Audra in bed (again).

For a brief second the camera pans to TSJ's treasure trail below his navel. (Click on pic.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349February 18, 2024 5:41 AM

R331 She is his former stepmother from when she was married to JaBottom.

by Anonymousreply 350February 18, 2024 9:32 AM

Does Jordan even know how Eve died? Does she think Nikki planted the mosquito that bit her?

by Anonymousreply 351February 18, 2024 11:15 AM

R351 it’s a stupid storyline, even by YR standards. Why target Nikki, when Victor was the one who kicked Eves deranged ass to the curb? And Jordan tells Claire that the Newmans didn’t want her, when she was the one who stole her from the hospital. Did she think none of the Newmans, specifically Victoria, wouldnt tell Claire the truth about what went down, that they thought she died? Zenk must be laughing her ass off while cashing her checks, playing such crap.

by Anonymousreply 352February 18, 2024 2:27 PM

R352 It's literally a partial rehash of the infamously bad Sarah Smythe storyline from around 2010 during the suck years (2007-2012) when Maria Arena Bell nearly drove the soap into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 353February 18, 2024 2:53 PM

while Aunt Jorday has brought Colleen Zenk back to our screens and is a respite from the inane new companies, Adam quit, no he's back, no he's out....this story makes no sense.

WHY did Claire Eve Grace come to Genoa City NOW?

On ATWT, Frannie ran into Sabrina at an airport and became obsessed with finding her doppelganger never suspecting the truth.

THAT was a story

by Anonymousreply 354February 18, 2024 6:21 PM

"Bond Gideon returns today as Jill Foster Abbott."

by Anonymousreply 355February 18, 2024 7:46 PM

Aunt Jordan's obsession with Nikki only makes sense if she's a deep-in-the-closet lesbian playing "the crazy dyke" trope. She has these bizarre psycho-sexual fantasies about the stripper, but can't deal with them, so she decides to kill Nikki, seeing her as depraved and sinful.

by Anonymousreply 356February 18, 2024 8:18 PM

R356 about the only thing that would explain her obsession with Nikki. But they would never go there and do something so outrageous and refreshing like this on the shit show that is YR nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 357February 18, 2024 8:37 PM

Happy 75th to Darlin' Jill.

by Anonymousreply 358February 18, 2024 10:52 PM

Hilarious that Jill and Tucker are supposed to be the exact same age, born hours apart on the same day.

by Anonymousreply 359February 18, 2024 10:58 PM

It was somewhat believable when Stephen N was Tucker, but TSJ is 52....only 5 years older than Jason Thompson, who plays Billy.

by Anonymousreply 360February 18, 2024 11:05 PM

The part of Mamie will temporarily be played by Christina Jones. For three fucking years.

by Anonymousreply 361February 18, 2024 11:36 PM

Due to illness, the part of Mamie Johnston, previously played by Christina Jones, will now be played by Miss Viola Davis.

by Anonymousreply 362February 18, 2024 11:48 PM

[italic]OSCAR [/italic] nominee Miss Viola Davis!

by Anonymousreply 363February 18, 2024 11:48 PM

OSCAR [bold]WINNER[/bold] Miss Viola Davis, you ignorant cracker!

by Anonymousreply 364February 18, 2024 11:50 PM

r364

you beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 365February 18, 2024 11:51 PM

I wonder what the deal was with Erica Hope. MTS discusses her briefly in her book saying there were pretty big problems on set with her. Drug use maybe?

by Anonymousreply 366February 19, 2024 12:00 AM

The role of Mamie Johnston will now be played by Kim Fields. On skates.

by Anonymousreply 367February 19, 2024 4:57 AM

Due to illness the role of Traci Abbott will be temporarily be played by Lillian Hellman.

by Anonymousreply 368February 19, 2024 5:02 AM

Bond Gideon? You mean the Kate Jackson lookalike with the lantern jaw? No wonder her stint was so brief.

by Anonymousreply 369February 19, 2024 7:37 AM

I can understand why someone with the name Donna Hosack (ho sack) might need to change their name when trying to become an actress, but who came up with "Bond Gideon"?

by Anonymousreply 370February 19, 2024 7:50 AM

About Erica Hope - she blabbed the incest Nick/Casey sl to someone at Rona Barrett's Daytimers mag back in 79 and that was the REASON they gave for replacing her.

by Anonymousreply 371February 19, 2024 10:31 AM

I remember feeling like Erica Hope was on Match Game more than she was on Y&R

by Anonymousreply 372February 19, 2024 11:09 AM

Bond Gideon was the DEFINITIVE Jill Foster!

by Anonymousreply 373February 19, 2024 12:33 PM

[quote] Due to illness the role of Traci Abbott will be temporarily be played by Lillian Hellman.

Due to illness the role of Traci Abbott will be temporarily be played by a jar of Hellman's.

by Anonymousreply 374February 19, 2024 1:55 PM

Traci hasn’t had a love interest since Cane Ashby.

by Anonymousreply 375February 19, 2024 2:10 PM

I would start watching again if Traci was given a story.

by Anonymousreply 376February 19, 2024 2:14 PM

Has Daniel Goddard worked since Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 377February 19, 2024 3:04 PM

According to IMDB he has not, R377.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378February 19, 2024 3:14 PM

I'm sure he's living off his residuals from Beast Master

by Anonymousreply 379February 19, 2024 4:32 PM

The role of Cane Ashby will be played by a baby getting that odd smirky smile as it fills its diapers.

by Anonymousreply 380February 19, 2024 4:51 PM

Tell me about it, R379.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381February 19, 2024 4:51 PM

Isn't Goddard making 'personal' appearences to high paying female fans?

by Anonymousreply 382February 19, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote] I'm sure he's living off his residuals from Beast Master

I'm sure Goddard is living off his Interior Designer wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383February 19, 2024 7:57 PM

I always liked Traci, but she’s sort of floundering now, because they killed off Colleen and Brad. Who’s idea was that, anyway? Anyway, she was always more interesting than Nikki and any of those damn Newmans.

by Anonymousreply 384February 19, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote] Traci hasn’t had a love interest since Cane Ashby.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Abbott."

by Anonymousreply 385February 19, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] they killed off Colleen and Brad. Who’s idea was that, anyway?

It was reported in Soap Opera Digest that MAB killed off Brad, because Sony had ordered her to slash the budget, and the decision came down to axing either Doug Davidson or Don Diamont. .. Just think! Dougie could have been cut way back then, and instead of the Bradsicle, we would have gotten the Paulsicle under the ice. .. I think Colleen was killed off, because they'd had two less-than-successful recasts after the popular Lyndsy Fonseca departed. Also, at that point, Traci was hardly ever seen. She still lived in NYC. So with Brad already dead, that family dynamic looked pretty inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 386February 19, 2024 8:19 PM

Please tell me that Aunt Jordan is going to stow away in what's is face's trunk to gain access to the Newman Ranch

by Anonymousreply 387February 19, 2024 8:47 PM

Aunt Jordan can probably pole vault over the security fence at The Newman Ranch, since that's obviously how she got out of the prison yard when the building itself was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 388February 19, 2024 9:08 PM

Losing Brad and Colleen was short-sighted.

I thought killing off Phillip Chancellor III was short-sighted but Bill Bell used Phillip's death to have Kay and Jill team up (!) against Nina, Tricia Cast who held her own with those two powerhouses.

Killing John Abbott was another mistake as he died before playing out finding out Ashley wasn't his.

by Anonymousreply 389February 19, 2024 9:08 PM

Things worked out well for Don Diamont, since he got more episodes on B&B as "Bill" than he was generally being given as "Brad" on Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 390February 19, 2024 9:55 PM

It's time for Casey to return. Throw her into the Jordan revenge plot!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391February 19, 2024 10:06 PM

Casey as played by ANYONE except Roberta Leighton. Bless her, but she looks like a burn victim.

by Anonymousreply 392February 19, 2024 10:14 PM

The role of Casey Reed is now being played by Kim Zimmer.

by Anonymousreply 393February 19, 2024 10:20 PM

Just what this show doesn't need ... another character in their 70s.

[quote] Bless her, but she looks like a burn victim.

They could actually use that and dress Leighton like Vanessa Prentiss with a veil over her lower face, saying Casey suffered burns from a lab accident while doing medical research.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394February 19, 2024 10:29 PM

R391, Mel is smiling widely because she knows how much better she looks next to Quasimodo.

by Anonymousreply 395February 19, 2024 10:31 PM

I believe Mel has deep affection for Leighton, and I wouldn't doubt she's the one who convinced her to make this (rare) public appearance.

by Anonymousreply 396February 19, 2024 10:39 PM

Hunter Tylo could play Roberta's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 397February 19, 2024 10:44 PM

I loved me some Vanessa Prentiss when I was a kid.

When jumped off of Lorie’s balcony with Brooks in the next room…

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 398February 19, 2024 10:53 PM

The role of Casey Reed is now being played by that bug that hit your windshield.

by Anonymousreply 399February 19, 2024 11:04 PM

R398, me too. Vanessa scared the shit out of me as a gayling. So did Chancellor.

by Anonymousreply 400February 19, 2024 11:04 PM

R400 — me too — do you remember when Lorie showed up at Vanessa’s funeral and Lucas opened up the casket and demanded that Lorie look at what she’d done?

I can’t believe this came up on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401February 19, 2024 11:19 PM

I didn't start watching until many years after Casey had left Genoa City. Did Casey have a husband or anything?

by Anonymousreply 402February 19, 2024 11:36 PM

Casey dated Snapper, I think.

by Anonymousreply 403February 19, 2024 11:38 PM

I wonder if Jill and Nikki even remember that they were once sisters-in-law?

by Anonymousreply 404February 19, 2024 11:39 PM

R403 Casey and Snapper worked together at the hospital, and the idea was that they were attracted to each other and could possibly hook up, but they didn't date, and basically became really good friends and confidantes. (n real life, Hasselhoffenburger and Leighton did date and became a couple, though.)

Snapper was married to Chris, and even though the couple had issues occasionally and would appear to be drawn to others, neither of them ever cheated. Somewhat surprising for a soap opera couple; by the time they exited, they'd been married for about 8 years.

Due to the sex abuse done by her father, Casey had never been with a man and led a celibate life - this was the complete opposite of her sister, Nikki, who was a good time girl, shown entertaining no less than three guys at the same time in their apartment when Casey came home from work. .. I think the first man Casey had a serious relationship with was Lucas Prentiss. Sensitive Lucas knew about Casey's sex hangups, so tried to work with her. .. After they had sex, I think it came out that Casey was frigid and still wasn't into it. I don't recall the relationship progressing much, though. The couple got the cover of SOD in December 1980, and Leighton left the show soon after in '81.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 20, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote]I wonder if Jill and Nikki even remember that they were once sisters-in-law?

I wonder if Jill remembers that Lauren Fenmore is her half sister.

by Anonymousreply 406February 20, 2024 1:09 AM

Speaking of Jill and Lauren, I wonder if gay Phillip and gay FenMo know that they are gay cousins?

by Anonymousreply 407February 20, 2024 1:24 AM

I loved Casey.

by Anonymousreply 408February 20, 2024 1:32 AM

Casey's introduction to the show was pretty funny.

The Old Battleaxe had been rushed to Genoa City Memorial, because she MELODRAMATICALLY tried to kill herself AGAIN. .. Oh, dear gawd in heaven, this may have been Kay's second or third suicide attempt by that point in time.

Snapper was the doctor in the ER when they wheeled Kay in, and he was like, "Oh fuck this shit! If the bitch wants to die, just let her." He had no sympathy for Kay after all the crap she'd done to Jill.

New doctor Casey Reed entered the scene and got in Snapper's face about just leaving the woman to die, so took over treatment, thus saving Kay's pathetic life.

by Anonymousreply 409February 20, 2024 2:05 AM

Flashback. 1992....Full Episode Link......

Jack Abbott is trying to be a rock for his wife Nikki (!!) who is in the hospital..Victor and his wife Ashley somehow think they matter in Jack and Nikkis marriage. Jack seethes. (this was the era where EB and PB hated each other behind the scenes and you can really see it, especially from PB. If you go to the last scene you can see how they came to blows).

Teen Vikki is consoled by a cute Newman Enterprises intern named Ryan McNeil...

Jill and her big hair show up at Katherines upon learning Kay is marrying Rex. Then she wants to help plan the wedding.

Gay Danny Romalotti Alert!! (17:10 mark)..

Christine is nervous about her first day interning with a new lawyer named Michael Baldwin. (yep).

Lauren snipes with Lynn, then apologizes to Paul for sleeping with him to get pregnant (she lost some of her marbles after Dylan Fenmore died a few weeks ago). She also started to set her sights on Brad and flirted with him the previous week---but that's a puzzle for another day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410February 20, 2024 7:04 AM

It really hasn't crossed Nikki's mind Seth's friend could be Jordan?????

by Anonymousreply 411February 20, 2024 5:09 PM

I could see Aunt Jordan buying a "Seth mask" and fat suit, so she can pretend to be him.

She might even buy a strap on if she plans to fuck Nikki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412February 20, 2024 8:21 PM

[quote]She might even buy a strap on if she plans to fuck Nikki.

Local police and the coroner are investigating the deaths of thirty seniors around the lunch hour today at Shady Pines Nursing Home.

by Anonymousreply 413February 20, 2024 9:15 PM

Is Melody Thomas Scott as bad of an actress as people think? I never liked Nikki, but I could never tell if MTS was just a bad actress, or if it was because she was playing a snotty character, or some combination of the two.

by Anonymousreply 414February 21, 2024 4:20 PM

I don’t think she’s as bad as people say, but it’s very easy to make fun of her — especially if one sees a scene or two out of context.

by Anonymousreply 415February 21, 2024 5:59 PM

At the very least, we have to say Melody Thomas Scott's colleagues don't think much of her performances. One Emmy nomination in 45 years even during times when Y&R was cleaning up in nominations. Jess, Jeanne, Aunt Jack, Hans, CLB, Dougie all have Emmys and tons of nominations over the years. MTS's omissions are striking.

by Anonymousreply 416February 21, 2024 6:50 PM

Mel being married to Y&R executive producer Ed Scott certainly did nothing to endear her to her costars.

by Anonymousreply 417February 21, 2024 6:59 PM

I think it helps at Emmy time to play a strong character. Nikki is so whiny and needy.

by Anonymousreply 418February 21, 2024 7:05 PM

Robin Eisenman was a veritable revelation in the role!

by Anonymousreply 419February 21, 2024 8:26 PM

I remember one scene, and one scene only, between Jess and Mel. The usual caliber of Jess' acting made Mel look like she never got passed 9th grade drama class.

by Anonymousreply 420February 21, 2024 8:51 PM

Nice to see someone show up out of the blue to give self-important CueBall a beat-down. Amanda is a breath of fresh air.

The overly lonnnnngg conversation we got between Nate and Chance at Crimson Lights could have been interesting ... but only if it had taken place in the GCAC steam room with both men sitting there half-naked and sweating.

Nice use of a 40-year relationship by having Lauren run into GayDanny and have them talk about the issues he's having with competing beards, L'Bug and Syphilis. .. Funny line from RockOn: "I'm starting to think my next bowling alley lounge concert tour can't come soon enough."

by Anonymousreply 421February 22, 2024 12:12 AM

Flashback.......Full Episode........1992...

After months of booze and back pain, Nikki Abbott is hours away from her surgery. She calls Ashley Newman and asks her to come to the hospital and visit her.

Gay Danny and Christine talk about her new job. She gushes over her new boss, Michael Baldwin. Christine is also wearing a blazer in a skirt that barely exists.

Sheila Carter Grainger takes little Scotty to a doctor to discuss removing his birthmark. The doctor is skeptical about an 8 month old having elective cosmetic surgery.

(Important Flashback). Lauren remembers her son having a birthmark that disappeared after the night he was born. She questions the nurse who delivered Dylan Fenmore.

Lauren tells Paul she is still thinking of Scott. Paul tells Lauren he is still interested in her. Fun Trivia = Lauren will have slept with Paul, Scott, and Brad all within months of each other.

Ashley visits Brad in his red tank top at the gym (?). Tracy shows up and mouths off about them being together.

Paul (for no reason) shows up at Sheilas and she is in no mood for his questions. She warns him that her marriage is solid and anything Lauren wants with Scott is just fantasy.

In her hospital bed, Nikki asks Ashley to care for her kids if she doesn't survive the surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422February 22, 2024 7:35 AM

OCD! It's a death sentence!

by Anonymousreply 423February 22, 2024 5:14 PM

Not sure why we're supposed to care about this Miss Connor story line. The kid is barely on, and when he has been, he's been a heinous brat.

by Anonymousreply 424February 22, 2024 6:41 PM

Jill and Nikki were onscreen a lot together in Katherine’s final years. They feuded as to who was a better daughter figure.

by Anonymousreply 425February 23, 2024 12:50 AM

Nikki's an old used up booze hag!

by Anonymousreply 426February 23, 2024 5:17 PM

Which funeral home sponsored today's episode? Le Blanc and Braeden looked like a coupe of reanimated corpses having a conversation.

by Anonymousreply 427February 23, 2024 6:15 PM

*couple

by Anonymousreply 428February 23, 2024 6:15 PM

[quote] Not sure why we're supposed to care about this Miss Connor story line.

Should we anticipate the school psychiatrist informing Chelsea and Adam that Miss Connor now wants to be called "Connée"?

by Anonymousreply 429February 23, 2024 6:45 PM

Maybe Connée can mug Aunt Jordan outside that dive bar to steal that ratchet wig

by Anonymousreply 430February 23, 2024 7:02 PM

The show has become so boring, I DVR it and basically ff through it.

by Anonymousreply 431February 23, 2024 7:04 PM

NOTHING HAPPENS except boring conversations. What is Jordan waiting for? Why did Ashley's Bistro Bust take months of talk, and then no pay off? Why are they ruining Audra, making her a ninny for Tucker?? How many - I count at least 5 times - has Victoria warned Victor not to use Claire in the Jordan set up? Did she forget she said the same thing 3 WEEKS AGO when it first came up???? A little action is in order.

by Anonymousreply 432February 23, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote] Why did Ashley's Bistro Bust take months of talk, and then no pay off?

I think the payoff (if there is one) is that Traci's figuring out that Ashley is bonkers again.

by Anonymousreply 433February 23, 2024 8:41 PM

R427 Well Eric Braden is nearly 85 and Christian was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. So you're not far off in your casual observation.

by Anonymousreply 434February 23, 2024 11:07 PM

Audra is a walking mattress with a severe case of porn mouth. She has no other function.

by Anonymousreply 435February 23, 2024 11:37 PM

^^^ My kind of character. I absolutely adore her.

by Anonymousreply 436February 23, 2024 11:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437February 27, 2024 6:20 PM

Hans will probably croak before the four years is up.

by Anonymousreply 438February 27, 2024 6:35 PM

Eric Braeden was born in April 1941 and is now 82 years old.

Wilma Jeanne was 84 when she died in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 439February 27, 2024 6:50 PM

R439, Didn’t she smoke like a chimney?

by Anonymousreply 440February 27, 2024 7:11 PM

Yes, and I believe he does as well

by Anonymousreply 441February 27, 2024 7:22 PM

I'm saving a Y&R time capsule doc to my PC, with predictions of what will be happening in four years, to be revisited in 2028.

Suggestions welcome.

by Anonymousreply 442February 27, 2024 7:57 PM

R441 Hans hasn't smoked for almost 20 years now.

In 2016, he gave an interview where he said, “Smoking is the worst thing you can do to your body — seriously, it’s the worst,” then went on to say that he'd given it up more than 10 years prior to that.

by Anonymousreply 443February 27, 2024 9:01 PM

R439 I could've sworn he shaved a few years off his age and he was actually born in 1938/1939?

by Anonymousreply 444February 27, 2024 11:26 PM

R444. There's a little history on that. When Hans was on "Rat Patrol," there were some cast bios released, and his said "1939." Sure, it could have been an error, since everything later on says "1941," EXCEPT one time something came from his own publicist that said "1943." Another error? or trying to stretch it too far, especially since there were so many bios out there that said "1941." .. It's been "1941" since.

by Anonymousreply 445February 27, 2024 11:33 PM

Braeden is very health conscious.

by Anonymousreply 446February 28, 2024 12:40 AM

Full Episode. Young and the Restless. 1992 FLASHBACK.....

Nikki Abbott goes into surgery while Jack, Teen Vikki, Victor, and hot Ryan look on.....

Maimie versus Jill. After Jill asks Maimie to call her MRS. ABBOTT. Maimie then continues to call her Jill, which is hilarious.

Christine is happy to be going to her brother Scotts for dinner. Gay Danny is going too!!

Sheila and Scott are in a disolving marriage. They try to put on a happy marriage for Chricket and Danny. He gets drunk, goes to bed and Sheila promptly follows because she wants baby number two with Scott.

Ashley continues to keep the secret (Vikki and Ryan had sex) from Victor. But Victor is beginning to suspect how involved they are and confronts Ryan with a warning..

Jack realizes his marriage to Nikki is still shaky with Victor in the picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447February 28, 2024 3:18 AM

R442 For your time capsule:

- Noah will have been recast at least another two times by then. There will be no mention as to what happened with Allie.

- Traci will pretend she's dieting and working out, when actually she's shooting-up black market Wegovy on the sly. This will mark the long-awaited return of Traci's prescription drug supplier, "Sparky." (Actually, it will be NuSparky to be played by some old GL or ATWT actor who hasn't worked in nearly two decades.) .. Mariah discovers what Traci is doing and wants Sparky's contact info.

- Christine will have heard that Paul was hit and killed by a bus on the streets of Lisbon. "No need for any kind of memorial service," Heather advises, "Paul's new Portuguese wife already had him cremated and scattered his ashes at Cabo da Roca." .. Later, Christine and Nina have a cup of coffee at Crimson Lights. "We should split a jumbo cinnamon roll," Christine suggests, "It was always Paul's favorite." Nina says she wants one all her own.

- Lauren and Michael will travel to Nashville to attend FenMo and Trey's big gay, but unseen wedding. .. After Lauren and Michael return, they're at Society looking at more unseen photos on their cellphone and comment how fun the boys' honeymoon in Malta appears. Lauren comments how hot Trey looks in his Speedo. Michael momentarily excuses himself and heads off to the restaurant's unisex bathroom.

- Miss Connor will have taken over Newman Enterprises.

by Anonymousreply 448February 28, 2024 9:04 PM

R448 = You not ready.

by Anonymousreply 449February 29, 2024 1:37 AM

Why isn't there a nation wide alert for Jordan? She's a possible mass murderer, and a danger to other members of the Newman clan (Abby, Devon, their kid) who don't seem to know she exists. Yet Victor wants to smoke her out with a family photo of Cole, Victoria and Claire? I have a feeling once Jordan impales herself on a pitch fork in the Newman stables, we'll have Sheila back in GC to stir things up. Innovative writing.

by Anonymousreply 450February 29, 2024 11:28 AM

Time for a Pheila comeback!

by Anonymousreply 451February 29, 2024 5:18 PM

Sheila should have plastic surgery to look like Esther. Kate Linder in a dual role will surely be the ticket to that elusive Emmy nomination!

by Anonymousreply 452February 29, 2024 5:26 PM

Isn't Jordan an odd name for someone her age. Equivalent of naming her Brittany.

by Anonymousreply 453February 29, 2024 5:32 PM

Sheila should have plastic surgery to look like OldCasey. That would scare the fuck out of everyone and be the ticket to that elusive Emmy nomination!

by Anonymousreply 454February 29, 2024 5:34 PM

Any word on whether Linder is submitting in the Guest Performer category for her one-week stint on The Bold & the Beautiful last October? .. She's a guaranteed shoo-in for a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 455February 29, 2024 6:39 PM

How many days has Aunt Jordan been sitting in that dive bar?

by Anonymousreply 456February 29, 2024 6:44 PM

Why do some people always assume a wig and a pair of glasses will make them look like a completely different person?

I have to laugh at Jordan as well as Phyllis when she showed up to her own funeral wearing an Uma Thurman Pulp Fiction wig.

It's as laughable as the plastic surgeons in soap opera land making people look like exact duplicates of other characters (Sheila and Sugar, ???? and Phyllis, Emily and Patty, Lauren and Sarah, and Victor Jr. and Walker from OLTL).

by Anonymousreply 457February 29, 2024 6:55 PM

Aunt Jordan should have done like Nick did and gone to the discount Halloween store and bought herself a Jeffrey Todd Hellstrom mask!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458February 29, 2024 7:17 PM

There is an online rumor that Sheila and Jordan are friends from Nursing School. No joke. Those rumors were about Sheila jumping over to YR (short term) to visit her old friend. Then Sheila (who was probably Sugar) got killed by Steffy.

by Anonymousreply 459February 29, 2024 8:47 PM

Instead of nanny named "Linda", Harrison's caregiver should be a manny named "Landon" who sees an 'opening' to become the next "Mrs. Kyle Abbott' and starts to devise a plan to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 460February 29, 2024 10:26 PM

Do we think Traci took five cookies to Harrison's one?

by Anonymousreply 461February 29, 2024 10:48 PM

Now that Society has apparently become an IHOP franchise and is open for breakfast, Traci will be going there for the Rooty Tooty Fresh 'n' Fruity Combo with an extra full-stack on the side.

by Anonymousreply 462February 29, 2024 11:31 PM

R455. I can't NOT see her doing that. Fawning over dresses and flirting with Ridge and Charlie and sparring with Marie Osmond as Countess Nobody Cares.

This is Dick Van Dyke's to lose. Bonus if he shows up for it.

by Anonymousreply 463February 29, 2024 11:33 PM

Kate Linder submits in the wrong category on Y&R. She is clearly Y&R's LEAD ACTRESS if ever there were one!

by Anonymousreply 464February 29, 2024 11:51 PM

Sheila really should make herself look like Nikki just so she can get a sample of Hans' big weisswurst

by Anonymousreply 465March 1, 2024 12:41 AM

Even in her heyday, Sheila was always in the periphery in Genoa City. She never got to wreak havoc on any of the heavy hitters like Wilma Jeanne, Jill, Victor, or Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 466March 1, 2024 12:51 AM

Looks like Chance and Summer fuck next week.

by Anonymousreply 467March 2, 2024 2:14 PM

Who do I fuck next week?

by Anonymousreply 468March 2, 2024 5:19 PM

When’s the last time you fucked Esther? When Chloe was conceived? You’re only good at waiting and cleaning up after others.

by Anonymousreply 469March 2, 2024 6:43 PM

I laughed out loud when Claire went on and on about getting lost in the vast Newman house as they were all stuffed into that drab, tiny, poorly decorated room.

by Anonymousreply 470March 2, 2024 6:58 PM

R470 I know. I miss the old Newman ranch. It really stuck out in a good way because of how big it was and when they had more money for production. Just like Katherine’s house. Now all the sets look so interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 471March 2, 2024 7:06 PM

Kate Linder has been on the show for over 40 years. But if you were to add up every single episode she's appeared in it would probably equal about 2-3 whole years worth of episodes.

by Anonymousreply 472March 2, 2024 9:24 PM

Speaking of time and episodes, Mark Grossman IS Adam Newman now, having surpassed that other guy in how long he's in been playing the character.

How time flies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473March 2, 2024 9:59 PM

Is there any Grossman peen on the internet? Asking for a remote still life class.

by Anonymousreply 474March 2, 2024 10:01 PM

OCD? .. Miss Connor is Sheldon Cooper now.

by Anonymousreply 475March 4, 2024 7:01 PM

Brian Gaskill has more hair now than when he originally started the show. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 476March 4, 2024 7:11 PM

LOL Miss Conner is a flamer, why can't the shrink see that? And WHY is Billy there? Chelsea is too stupid to realize that would piss off Adam?

I'm glad Danny and Cricket are back together. Now if only an F5 tornado would come and sweep them away.... Cricket is in her 50's and playing the dewy eyed ingenue.

by Anonymousreply 477March 4, 2024 7:20 PM

Yes, it seemed entirely stupid for Billy to tag along to the parents' meeting, but I guess the writers wanted to script a scene where Billy and Adam could have that quiet, alone-talk about them "being on the same team."

But since they brought up the scandalous exposé that Billy once wrote about Adam all those years ago, I was hoping Billy would finally ask Adam what sex with his cute soccer buddy, Rafe Torres was like? "Rafe always did have the hottest ass on the team And those perfect, sexy lips!"

by Anonymousreply 478March 4, 2024 7:36 PM

R478 To this day I am still shocked that Yani Gellman (Rafe) turned out to be straight in real life. Rafe wasn't the first gay role he played.

by Anonymousreply 479March 5, 2024 1:28 AM

Can someone please post the link to the current Days thread.

I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!!

by Anonymousreply 480March 5, 2024 5:51 PM

[quote] Sheila really should make herself look like Nikki just so she can get a sample of Hans' big weisswurst

Ugh, that thing is an old, wrinkly, overcooked bratwurst at best now. More like blutwurst.

by Anonymousreply 481March 5, 2024 5:57 PM

All I could think of is:

Stan: Oh my god, they killed Seth!

Kyle: You bastards.

by Anonymousreply 482March 5, 2024 5:59 PM

Not to digress, but . . .

Have they really killed off Sheila on B&B?

by Anonymousreply 483March 5, 2024 6:23 PM

Link to the current B&B thread where Sheila's death has been discussed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484March 5, 2024 6:27 PM

For R480 .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 5, 2024 6:31 PM

R483 Viewers are never that lucky.

by Anonymousreply 486March 5, 2024 7:29 PM

R483 It might be possible - Brown's run this time certainly packed less of a punch than her earlier ones. But I suspect we'll be subjected to her again.

by Anonymousreply 487March 5, 2024 7:47 PM

Awnt Mamie in her Medusa wig is irritating. Plus, I don't buy the character in this business mode.

I liked how Amanda had just enough sarcasm in her voice when she said, "Wow .. this must be the famous Mamie Johnson (right, sure). It is my honor to meet you (not really)."

Mamie needs to go home and make Traci a healthy salad.

by Anonymousreply 488March 5, 2024 8:17 PM

Mamie is Lame-y.

by Anonymousreply 489March 5, 2024 11:00 PM

Waiting patiently for Chance to stick it in Summer.

by Anonymousreply 490March 6, 2024 2:10 AM

Isn’t the actress playing Summer a lezzie?

by Anonymousreply 491March 6, 2024 2:11 AM

R491 Yes. Her partner is musician, J.D. (Joceyln) Samson. .. Per wiki, "Samson calls themself a lesbian, gender-nonconforming, and non-binary."

That's they in the black suit, glasses, and mustache next to Alison (where the couple was attending a lesbian wedding).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492March 6, 2024 2:31 AM

R492, Mustache?

by Anonymousreply 493March 6, 2024 2:36 AM

Mamie is just bitter and waging war against Jill (who is mostly off camera which is somewhat bizarre) because she sent her away and prevented her from getting a deep dick down from John before he died.

Mamie never got over the missed opportunity. She will have her revenge while dressed as a contestant in a Madea lookalike contest the entire time. If Traci wants some of those famous blueberry muffins she can either make them herself or fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 494March 6, 2024 2:37 AM

R493 It's visible in the above photo, but here ya go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495March 6, 2024 2:48 AM

[quote]If Traci wants some of those famous blueberry muffins she can either make them herself or fuck off.

And she doesn't even have to bake them. Just add the liquid and eat the batter. We've all done it.

by Anonymousreply 496March 6, 2024 1:56 PM

[quote] Just add the liquid and eat the batter.

A gallon of that mix is what I call an "amuse bouche!"

by Anonymousreply 497March 6, 2024 2:08 PM

Chance and Summer’s sex scene had about as much passion as a church social.

by Anonymousreply 498March 6, 2024 8:32 PM

Phyllis and Cricket's extensive tweaks and fillers made Danny look 100 years old by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 499March 6, 2024 9:21 PM

Having the nearly 60-year old Staff act like an adolescent teeny bopper who's hot for RocKOn is not entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 500March 6, 2024 9:42 PM

Lauralee Bell is hinting at a spoiler where Phyllis runs down Danny while drunk.

by Anonymousreply 501March 6, 2024 10:06 PM

Even Chance and Dummer's tepid sex scene had more heat than RockOn's "kiss" with Cricket.

by Anonymousreply 502March 6, 2024 11:46 PM

The scene with Chance would have been hotter if it was just a solo with him and a Lovense vibrating butt plug.

The show is missing a great opportunity for some product placement.

by Anonymousreply 503March 7, 2024 12:56 AM

R503, A virtual cornucopia . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504March 7, 2024 4:17 AM

OK, ok I get that we have to suspend logic with this Jordan storyline, but geez why wouldn't Victoria's house be under survelliance, and Nick's, and Adam's and Abby's??? Victor never thought they would be in danger? Just where are Johnny and Katie, who prewumably have no idea they have a half sister? Are they away at school? Jordan would do everyone a favor by blow torching Society and hopefully when Devon is visiting Abby, and Tessa is singing to Mariah.

by Anonymousreply 505March 7, 2024 7:54 AM

God, I hope Victoria is properly insured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 7, 2024 8:37 AM

R505 Yes, when they hear about the fire Nikki tells ClaireEve that Johnny and Katie are away at boarding school.

by Anonymousreply 507March 7, 2024 10:01 AM

Was the car that hit Seth driving on the sidewalk?

Phyllis is a 55-60 year old wannabe cougar who peaked in high school. She's a toxic narcissist who is constantly given a pass by her friends and family. She's pulled so much bullshit and gotten away with it. In real life she'd have noone left because everyone would've left after the first few times.

by Anonymousreply 508March 7, 2024 2:42 PM

Gina T was a much better, easier to take Phyllis. Stafford is a weirdo in real life, a creepy Scientologist, and I get an evil vibe from her. All her storylines have bombed since her return.

by Anonymousreply 509March 7, 2024 6:04 PM

Another Gina fan. First time I could stand the character.

by Anonymousreply 510March 7, 2024 6:27 PM

If they had the balls and could sacrifice a good character as the perp, a who shot Phyllis? storyline would be a good exit to this tedious adolescent wannabe.

by Anonymousreply 511March 7, 2024 6:28 PM

I liked Sandra Nelson as Phyllis. Her interpretation was so dark, yet enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 512March 7, 2024 6:28 PM

The big reveal could be the shooter is also the (blessedly brief) return of Da-rooooo-cilla Barber.

by Anonymousreply 513March 7, 2024 6:29 PM

Bring back Phyllis' sister Avery!

by Anonymousreply 514March 7, 2024 6:38 PM

R512 Same here. Sandra was believably sinister. The Stafford or whatever she calls herself read cartoon villain. And while that may have brought some humorous fun her first time 'round, it really doesn't work when she's this OLD. It's just plain silly. .. Sandra was also the Phyllis who finally stepped out of the Cricket-Danny-Phyllis box, with her being the Phyllis who not only began the important relationships with both LaBaldwin and Aunt Jack, but started the long-running feud with Dianejenkins.

by Anonymousreply 515March 7, 2024 7:34 PM

What are you guys opinion on "The Gates" also where exactly do you see it fitting in the CBS daytime lineup, assuming that it will actually see the light of day?

by Anonymousreply 516March 7, 2024 7:40 PM

R516 Have they indicated whether it's going to be a half-hour or hour? .. I hope it's only a half-hour ... still the best production model for a daily soap.

by Anonymousreply 517March 7, 2024 7:58 PM

It's also going to be a P&G soap. Who even knew P&G was still interested in soaps?

by Anonymousreply 518March 7, 2024 7:59 PM

I love Stafford (Tognoni also but Staff is the og) but I feel they really don’t know what to do with Phyllis anymore. Cricket with RockOn is so predictable, and it would’ve been interesting to see Phyllis and him paired up again, but Damian might be off the show if he’s going on tour anyway. Everything Phyllis does or tries she loses at. I honestly have no idea for the direction of this character anymore, but I don’t want her to leave.

by Anonymousreply 519March 7, 2024 9:07 PM

R517 Not yet, however I believe it'll be a half-hour. Generations in a more modern form is what I'm thinking which Michele val Jean was also a part of- another Generations vet, Vivica A. Fox, has taken to liking posts about it so she could be interested in a job

by Anonymousreply 520March 7, 2024 9:28 PM

R518 I know right? They couldn't wait to get Guiding Light and As The World Turns off their hands, so this is pretty interesting. In a way it makes perfect sense, in regards to history always repeating itself, for P&G practically birthed the soap opera genre in the 20th century and now they're spearheading it into the 21st

by Anonymousreply 521March 7, 2024 10:00 PM

P&G is still a leading advertiser supporting U.S. daytime soaps and primetime Spanish-language telenovelas, as well as that type of television programming in foreign countries, especially in places like Asia, South America, India. So they've never abandoned the genre that still primarily attracts female consumers. They just decided that they could get the milk without actually owning the cow.

by Anonymousreply 522March 7, 2024 10:40 PM

R522 True. It was moreso the way they chose to exit by completely decimating GL and ATWT on their way out that rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.

R517 R518 This could shed light on the current situation: (btw Wendy McMahon, current president of CBS News and Stations/CBS Media Ventures (it's domestic syndicated division) was apparently a big fan of ATWT)

Chris 2 at SON posted today: I spoke to a contact at CBS. Doesn't work in daytime, but has decent connections (obviously take this with a grain of salt). She hears:

CBS wants to capitalize on the underserved Black daytime audience in a way that it's current soaps don't. They see the ratings for Jennifer Hudson and Sherri and want a bigger piece of the action. CBS wants to be able to realize multiple revenue streams from its soaps; they can maximize that revenue only if they have ownership in them. CBS would consider a second broadcast window in the late-night overnight hours if it goes to series.

Both The Talk and B&B are vulnerable. The ratings for The Talk are lagging. B&B is not seen as a strong brand but rather one that has been riding Y&R's coattails. They also want some leverage when B&B is next up for.

Should this new show go to series, it won't be shot in New York (too expensive). They would actively explore locations outside of LA. CBS is going to develop other game and talk shows as alternatives in case they want to replace The Talk and/or B&B next year.

She also feels that this would be a half hour. That's not based on anything she's heard, but the realities of the business - a 30 min show would be less risky financially and easier to draw new audiences into.

by Anonymousreply 523March 8, 2024 1:08 AM

R523 God, I hope The Talk gets cancelled. That show always fucking sucked. Cheryl Underwood and Jerry O'Connell are both peak cringe. It's excruciatingly embarrassing and painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 524March 8, 2024 3:33 AM

R524 😆 😆 😆 😆 judging by their slipping ratings you're speaking for a vast majority of the audience

by Anonymousreply 525March 8, 2024 8:15 AM

[quote] Cheryl Underwood and Jerry O'Connell are both peak cringe.

Geez - Aren't they, though? I find O'Connell especially irritating, and he supposedly wanted the job because he thinks it would be entry for him and his wife getting their own squawk fest at some point. I can't even imagine an hour of him.

by Anonymousreply 526March 8, 2024 8:46 AM

Wait, Jerry O'Connell figured The Talk would be a stepping stone for his own show with his wife? Lololololol oh wow. She can barely stand to be around him and was constantly staring a little too hard at some of those guys on that revamped Love Boat series they were on together, so what is he thinking? Unless that'll be part of their schtick, goofy husband with his fed up wife.

Jerry is definitely better in small doses, for when he did a test run of his proposed Wendy Williams spinoff "Jerry" it was a little extra. Same for when he was auditioning for the co-host gig with Kelly Ripa (which went to Ryan Seacrest)

by Anonymousreply 527March 8, 2024 9:34 AM

Nice nod to ATWT OP aka J. Stenbeck 😁 😁 I always loved the "Helllloooo Barbaraaaa" greetings from him

by Anonymousreply 528March 8, 2024 9:37 AM

O'Connell hosting Pictionary - yeah we needed a re-boot of that - is even worse than his muggging on The Talk. It my area, Pictionary airs at 4am, heck it might already be canceled now.

Sheryl Underwood may be the stupidest so called comic since Sherry Sheppard. Ignorant, moronic women. Why anyone would give them a show or display them is a total mystery.

by Anonymousreply 529March 8, 2024 2:59 PM

The Father Knows Best house is no big loss. I'm surprised Victoria even wanted to still live there after her marriage to Billy Boy Abbott imploded, since her failed Jim & Margaret Anderson fantasy was with him.

by Anonymousreply 530March 8, 2024 10:04 PM

I know everyone thinks that a 30 minute format is better creatively but keep in mind that it does not cost double to produce a 60 minute show so the economic realities are that is 60 Minutes show is more likely to happen.

There’s a reason they air two hour episodes of the bachelor that are all filler

by Anonymousreply 531March 8, 2024 10:08 PM

[quote] There’s a reason they air two hour episodes of the bachelor that are all filler.

Those type of shows are typically about 30 total hours over the course of 10 weeks, so nothing like a 250-episode per year soap ... with no set end date.

I'm guessing they're hoping to attract a younger audience who have difficulty sitting still for five whole hours per week ... year after year after year.

by Anonymousreply 532March 8, 2024 10:52 PM

Syphilis mugging for the camera at Society in her BIG sunglasses? .. Dear gawd, stop this adolescent crap.

Michael summons Victor's kids to assemble at The Ranch, but no Abby? .. I guess even he thinks she's chopped liver!?

When does Jordan have time to shop for designer clothes and get her nails done? At this point, she should look like a bag lady in sweats who needs to wash her hair.

I was laughing during the scene with Jordan and Victor in the car. An 82-year old man driving on the highway might be riskier than having a gun held on you.

OMG. Adam mentioned Christian!

by Anonymousreply 533March 12, 2024 8:18 PM

After shower sex with Summer, Chance meets Billy and says: "I came as fast as I could."

by Anonymousreply 534March 12, 2024 8:58 PM

R529 Consider yourself lucky 😆 Pictionary airs at 3pm in the afternoon and 7:30pm in the evenings in LA

by Anonymousreply 535March 13, 2024 8:18 AM

R532 That seems to be what a lot of fans are saying, that it would be easier to commit to a half hour soap as opposed to an hour long one. Although the half hour soap format didn't work for The City or Port Charles, being up against Y&R in most major markets seemed to play a huge part in their cancellations. Some have pointed out that hour long serials such as Sunset Beach and Passions didn't necessarily last, for Santa Barbara was possibly the last hour long soap that did fairly well (as well as they could, seeing how GH pretty much demolished them in the ratings, from what I've read)

by Anonymousreply 536March 13, 2024 8:23 AM

Aunt Jordan is hilarious, however it's bordering on camp now

by Anonymousreply 537March 13, 2024 8:30 AM

R538 Syphilis 😆 some have mentioned that for Josh Griffith being one of her best buddies, he sure has a habit of writing her as a perpetual loser, while Diane and others get everything. Not sure what exactly his motivation is, possibly for the audience to feel sorry for her?

Has NuAbby even met OldAbby who's now her niece? Let alone brought up to speed, in regards to her backstory?

Those scenes in the car made me laugh as well, which I'm sure isn't what they were going for 😆

by Anonymousreply 538March 13, 2024 8:36 AM

Sorry R538 was meant for R533

Did he really say that at R534 😁 btw it's nice to see him shirtless more often 🥵

by Anonymousreply 539March 13, 2024 8:38 AM

He did say it. It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 540March 13, 2024 9:50 AM

I want the job of applying body makeup to Conner Floyd’s leg tattoos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 13, 2024 12:57 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542March 13, 2024 12:59 PM

The lack of confidence in the GC Police - or the FBI -Jordan did destroy a federal prison, lol - by Victor and Nick must stem from their lack of confidence in their own security team. How would ANY Newman feel safe after the Jordan debacle. Oh wait, some of them don't even know it was happening. They should prop out Natalie Morales to interview Victor and Nick, maybe do a 48 hrs on Nikki.

by Anonymousreply 543March 13, 2024 2:54 PM

R541 I'll fill in on your days off 😁

by Anonymousreply 544March 13, 2024 4:19 PM

R543 😁 😁

by Anonymousreply 545March 13, 2024 4:20 PM

Speaking of 48 hrs. this is where we should at least get Leanna Love on the sidelines bringing the public up to speed on who the newest member of the dysfunctional Newman family is (ClaireEve) with Leanna giving her camptastic Genoa City Inquisitor version of the the crazy backstory with Aunt Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 546March 13, 2024 7:45 PM

Ashley's inner crazy monologue could be fun, as she opines on the idiots in GC. Her take on Abby was what the audience thinks, too. I'd love her to weigh in on what she really thinks of Aunt Jack, Fat Traci, Hattie McDaniel gone bad Mamie and Dull-Von.

by Anonymousreply 547March 14, 2024 8:34 PM

The Gates is apparently being developed as an hour long show so they just might make The Talk stop talking

by Anonymousreply 548March 15, 2024 1:24 AM

Hopefully they kill two birds with one stone and get rid of Bold And The Beautiful too. The show is circling the drain with largely uninteresting characters, repetitive stories, and the Logan takeover is complete with Brooke and Donna fulfilling their life mission to marry Forrester men.

by Anonymousreply 549March 15, 2024 2:56 AM

You mean you aren't enraptured by RJ and his collection of Qiana disco shirts?

by Anonymousreply 550March 15, 2024 3:37 AM

So how many personalities is Ashley going to end up having?

And what will they be named?

by Anonymousreply 551March 15, 2024 7:25 AM

I hope Aunt Jordan remembered to put on her Depend Maximum Overnight Underpants before meeting Victor that day. Seventy-year-old women have to pee A LOT!

by Anonymousreply 552March 15, 2024 8:18 AM

What did Hans submit the year he won the Emmy (1998)?

by Anonymousreply 553March 15, 2024 5:58 PM

Is Harrison unable to speak?

by Anonymousreply 554March 15, 2024 7:59 PM

On the annoying kids scale, Harrison is right up there in Courtland Mead territory (who played PC4 for awhile). Horrible and bad hair too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 15, 2024 8:35 PM

Ah, Courtland Mead! There’s a blast from the past.

Here’s his spunky appearance on Conan that he did after Y&R. He must have been doing lines of coke back stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556March 15, 2024 9:16 PM

The kid that plays Connor, Judah whatever the fuck, bugs the SHIT out of me. I ff through him always.

by Anonymousreply 557March 15, 2024 9:32 PM

R557 Seems like they're doing this OCD storyline to play to Miss Connor's ability to bug the shit out of everyone even more than he already does.

by Anonymousreply 558March 15, 2024 9:49 PM

A bad seed storyline with crazy Connor and weirdo Harrison conspiring to kill family members would be fun. Harrison can start by bumping off his babysitters, maybe 'Linda' was freaked by the little troll. And sorry, NO ONE is buying Summer as mommy to this creepy kid.

by Anonymousreply 559March 15, 2024 10:23 PM

You know they're going to ask ClairEve to be Harrison's NuNanny.

by Anonymousreply 560March 15, 2024 11:16 PM

Seriously doubt they make Connor a bad seed now. The OCD thing is a PSA. They won't want to make him appear evil. If anything, as he grows older, he'll turn into the town's Sheldon Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 561March 15, 2024 11:30 PM

The show is beyond lame anymore. You know Aunt Jordan is going to escape when the tribunal of Nikki, Victoria and ClaireGrace opens the door to that room. Nice work Victor. You should’ve thrown Jordan from the Newman jet instead. Ashley and her camp scenes of split personalities are a riot. I guess Eileen wants that third Emmy. I loathe Tucker, but Trevor St. John must be sick of playing a loser over and over again. And don’t put two annoying af brats on one day. Guaranteed to make even die hard viewers ff.

by Anonymousreply 562March 16, 2024 12:05 AM

R549 Shouldn't we wait for Katie to give Thorne another try so she can marry a Forrester man too, along with Hope marrying Thomas? Flo would have to find one too then everyone can ride off into the House of Forrester sunset 😁

by Anonymousreply 563March 16, 2024 5:51 AM

R549 In all seriousness though, B&B is also being referenced as an open time slot for The Gates. I just wonder if they'd really be bold enough to cancel one soap for another

by Anonymousreply 564March 16, 2024 5:54 AM

R550 Qiana disco shirts 😆 I wasn't aware there was such a thing until you mentioned them. Now I know where the name Qiana possibly derived from 😁

by Anonymousreply 565March 16, 2024 5:59 AM

R551 I'm wondering if Viki Lord did inspire Josh Griffith to do this storyline, or Kristen DiMera and all of her lookalikes (I think besides Susan there were Penelope, Mary Moira and Thomas) seeing how he was a writer at both shows.

by Anonymousreply 566March 16, 2024 6:04 AM

R555 Courtland Mead 😆 from that picture he could believably blend in as an actual relative of Tricia Cast

by Anonymousreply 567March 16, 2024 6:08 AM

[quote] (I think besides Susan there were Penelope, Mary Moira and Thomas)

Yes, the Banks quadruplets were Susan, Mary Moira, Penelope and Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 568March 16, 2024 7:25 AM

R564 Doing that to B&B would make little sense (imho). .. Why piss off the 2.5 million broadcast TV viewers of B&B -- who might potentially be interested in watching "The Gates" -- by canceling their soap? .. Further, when CBS President, George Cheeks, gave his interview last week talking about launching "The Gates," he specifically said:

[quote] But we have great success with Bold and the Beautiful and Young and the Restless, and so we think we’re the right folks to be launching a new soap.

If anything, CBS probably wouldn't cancel B&B, but rather move it to streaming-only on Paramount+ (following the Days-Peacock model).

And really, Bell-Phillip is the only entity that can truly stick a fork in the show. With the soap's reportedly large international viewing audience, they'd probably continue to produce B&B for that market and simply seek a new venue for American consumption.

by Anonymousreply 569March 18, 2024 2:00 AM

[quote]Bell-Phillip is the only entity that can truly stick a fork in the show. With the soap's reportedly large international viewing audience, they'd probably continue to produce B&B for that market and simply seek a new venue for American consumption.

Santa Barbara was one of the most widely watched soaps in the world in the late 80s and early 90s.

Many expected it could continue to produce new episodes just from the foreign sales revenue. But that wasn't enough to keep it alive when NBC canceled it in early January 1993.

by Anonymousreply 570March 18, 2024 2:54 AM

R570 Comparing a situation from 1993? .. Streamers scrambling for content didn't exist some 30 YEARS AGO. .. If Peacock was willing to pick-up "Days of our Lives" from NBC-TV, and Amazon Freevee was willing to pick-up Aussie soap "Neighbours," which was primarily funded by Channel 5 UK, then I don't doubt that Bell-Phillip could find an American streaming service to keep B&B alive as well. .. After all, B&B currently attracts about a million more viewers on CBS-TV than Days was getting on NBC-TV or Neighbours was getting on Channel 5 UK when those two soaps got the axe.

by Anonymousreply 571March 18, 2024 7:09 AM

R569 If CBS were to cancel it, I think it would be moved to streaming or another network. I was going by an article where CBS reportedly debated whether or not to cancel The Talk or B&B, for B&B isn't owned by them, nor do they think it's standing completely on it's own since there were mentions of it riding Y&R's coattails. I don't think they'd just flat out cancel it without moving it or Bradley Bell finding another avenue for it. Y&R getting a four-year renewal deal while CBS chose to only opt-in into B&B's third year in their current contract cycle couldn't have helped speculation either. If anything, they're probably trying to put Brad Bell on notice by letting him know that they have another soap lined up, as some sort of leverage when it comes time for negotiations next year (B&B's current deal goes into Fall 2025 if I'm not mistaken)

by Anonymousreply 572March 18, 2024 8:06 AM

B & B is even more boring that Y & R and they just killed off their only somewhat interesting character.

by Anonymousreply 573March 18, 2024 1:55 PM

I think we can all agree that B&B is quite stupid-boring. I haven't watched it regularly for over 20 years. But the reality is CBS Daytime has repeatedly said it goes after the 25-54W demo, and in that regard, it beats The Squawk handily (not to mention the 18-49W demo as well). And in terms of total broadcast TV viewers, B&B currently has more than double The Squawk. And one can also guess that more people stream the soap over a day-old talk show.

by Anonymousreply 574March 18, 2024 9:55 PM

Horrible continuity today ...

In one scene, we see Aunt Jordan grab her vial of poison, telling the trio of Newman witches that she's going to kill herself rather than rot in prison. .. This scene is followed by Miss Connor telling Adam that he wants to leave boarding school and move back home.

We then see Jordan actually swallow the poison and have an immediate reaction to it. .. But lo and behold, we then have Adam, Chelsea, and Connor walking into Crimson Lights indicating they've already gotten back to Genoa City.

But then, it's back to Jordan convulsing on the bed back at the warehouse. ... Hilarious because we've heard more than once that Connor's boarding school is in MINNESOTA, and it takes HOURS to drive there. .. Just last week, Billy told Devon that he'd be gone all day, because he was going with Chelsea and Adam when they saw Connor and his doctor, adding that, if required, he could work while he was on this "the road trip."

Oh well, I hope Nikki's HOT bodyguard had fun checking Grindr while he waited in the hall outside Jordan's room, since it appears he had several HOURS available to arrange a hook-up in the warehouse basement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 20, 2024 2:28 AM

OMG the Jordan debacle isn't even campy anymore....just stupid. The presumption of innocence for Jordan would mean she should be in the court system. If they've got proof of her admitting she burned down Victoria's house - which strangely, does not seem to upset Victoria too much - that could still be countered by an insanity defense, lol. Are the police even aware of any of this???? Victor held Michael Scott in a bunker on the ranch 40 years ago, and never faced any charges. Very Trump-ian. Colleen Zenk is trying to sell this nutso performance, but I keep waiting for Porky Pig to appear at the end with That's All, Folks.

by Anonymousreply 576March 20, 2024 8:57 AM

It seems like one "put DOWN the sugar packets you whinylittlebastard" from Vic to Miss Connor would end the OCD snoozefest. Does The Mustache even acknowledge this Q+ grandchild?

by Anonymousreply 577March 20, 2024 9:53 AM

Maybe Vic should suggest locking Connor up in that warehouse room Jordan has been occupying? "You don't want to go to a decent crazy farm?! You ungrateful brat! I'm Victor Newman - I always win, ok - you got that!?'

by Anonymousreply 578March 20, 2024 11:24 AM

R557 😆 he reminds me of a baby Rachel Dratch

by Anonymousreply 579March 20, 2024 2:18 PM

They’re always to push carbs and sugar on little Miss Connor. No wonder as a young gayling he doesn’t know whether he is coming or going. Chelsea and Adam suck as parents. The laughable part is trying to make this into a compelling story no one gives a shit about.

by Anonymousreply 580March 20, 2024 5:43 PM

Do we have photos of the hot Viking bodyguard?

by Anonymousreply 581March 20, 2024 5:45 PM

Hot Viking is one tall glass of water!

by Anonymousreply 582March 20, 2024 7:10 PM

Today's opening lines:

Claire says she doesn’t even want to think about what happened in that basement today. Nikki replies, “None of us do.”

No, really. None of us do.

by Anonymousreply 583March 20, 2024 7:21 PM

r583 maybe she should have said 'None of us do-do.'

by Anonymousreply 584March 20, 2024 7:56 PM

He must beat least 6'7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585March 20, 2024 8:01 PM

^^^ The actor playing the bodyguard is Andrew J. Forner. He put a slide show up on his instagram: andrew.j.forner

The bodyguard actually has a name. I guess Nikki's referred to him as "Larry" once or twice.

Forner says of his appearance:

[quote] Finally I can share this one Publicly! 🙌😁 Let me start by saying, If you've never worked on a soap set before, You probably have no idea how IMPRESSIVE there are!! I remember being just blown away my 1st day on set by the level of Efficiency, Professionalism & above all else the Kindness that I received from every single person I met! Thank you so much to the Entire Y&R Family for welcoming "Larry" with big open arms!! ☺️🙇‍♂️ And a special shout out to @melodythomassco @hayleyerin13 @ameliamheinle It was a Pleasure to watch you ladies work as well as to Share the Screen with you! Hopefully there will be more of, Larry to come!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586March 21, 2024 12:35 AM

R580 they’re always trying to.

by Anonymousreply 587March 21, 2024 12:38 AM

This thread is almost full. Here's a new one to continue the Genoa City discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588March 21, 2024 12:50 AM

R585 Victoria looks like she wants to jump his bones in that still 😁 or was that more of what Amelia was thinking? Is she still married to Thad?

by Anonymousreply 589March 29, 2024 6:17 PM

Lauralee Bell and Martha Byrne are currently in the process of developing a new daytime serial together.

by Anonymousreply 590March 29, 2024 6:19 PM

R590 That was years ago. I think it was something they started to work on after meeting at the CBS Daytime 30th Anniversary shoot in 2018. It sounded like just a web series. They're not still at it are they?

by Anonymousreply 591March 29, 2024 6:51 PM

Isn’t Martha’s husband headed to jail?

by Anonymousreply 592March 29, 2024 8:44 PM

[quote]They're not still at it are they?

Day drinkin'.

by Anonymousreply 593March 29, 2024 9:00 PM

Where’s Chance?

by Anonymousreply 594March 29, 2024 9:56 PM

R591 Apparently still at it, for one of them (believe it was Lauralee) whispered it to the main guy at Soap Opera Network (at the most recent Daytime Emmy's back in December)

by Anonymousreply 595March 29, 2024 11:05 PM

R592 Lol he was convicted last June; he's facing up to 20 years in prison. Martha says he plans to appeal the verdict.

by Anonymousreply 596March 29, 2024 11:10 PM

R592 On March 1, the federal judge ruled on his two motions presented to the court back in October 2023. One motion was a request to set aside the verdict, with the other being a request for a new trial. Both were denied.

The court calendar doesn't show a date set for sentencing yet. I'm not sure how much leeway they have with these charges - meaning that while he could be sentenced to jail time - it could also be a suspended sentence with conditions. During sentencing, I'm sure his attorney will present a mountain of evidence of his prior work in law enforcement, etc. The other thing, I'm guessing they will file an appeal, and he may not necessarily be sitting in jail while any appeal is pending.

by Anonymousreply 597March 29, 2024 11:14 PM

R597 Didn't look any further past June 2023 😁 in regards to his case, so I just posted what I knew at R596. Martha has stated that he will file an appeal; she expressed her displeasure in regards to the feds bursting in her home while she was there with him and their kids. Doubt that he'll be sitting in jail during his appeal process as well; also agree that his career in law enforcement just might be his way out.

by Anonymousreply 598April 3, 2024 2:46 AM

Uncle Jordan at the bar with those thick gloves! Kind of looked like Wally Cox.

by Anonymousreply 599April 3, 2024 5:39 PM

Sheila Carter is alive.

by Anonymousreply 600April 5, 2024 6:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!