Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Project Runway Season 20: All-Stars - PART 2

Rami is safe!

But for how long?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 17, 2023 5:17 PM

Do we think Rami is a bottom? I so want to get top vibes from him. But, alas. I do not.

by Anonymousreply 1August 3, 2023 5:33 PM

Rami is a big time bottom.

I don't get top vibes from him at all.

He's very .... soft.

by Anonymousreply 2August 3, 2023 5:43 PM

So who went home?

by Anonymousreply 3August 4, 2023 2:46 AM

R3. The bottom 3 were Prajie, Kara and Anna. One guess who went home.

by Anonymousreply 4August 4, 2023 2:54 AM

Kara was in the bottom?

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 5August 4, 2023 2:56 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2023 4:20 AM

Haha at R6.

If only Captain Shandy had gotten drunk on Project Runway.

That would be fun!

(PS, she claims to be sober. Sober, my ass!)

by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2023 4:20 AM

Kara Saun should have gone home. Her client looked like a ill-fitted Michael Jackson wannabe. Nina was right: if you walked on the yacht you may mistake him for a tacky guest.

Prajje was knocked down a peg, which is ok because he’s so arrogant. Rami and Britney will be next, followed by Laurence.

Out of the remaining, I hope Bishme wins. I like him and his designs.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2023 5:54 AM

Of course Rami and Britney will be next. We need our historic finish.

by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2023 8:31 AM

The Captain guy is so hot I could barely watch him. I want to lick every single inch of him.

I have no idea why Anna went home. I loved her kimono.

So Brittany will be next. Rami right after.

by Anonymousreply 10August 4, 2023 9:10 AM

[quote] Kara Saun should have gone home

[quote] I have no idea why Anna went home. I loved her kimono.

Because it was a kimono. For a Captain.

The challenge was design a fashionable outfit, given the person's rank.

That's why Bishme won. Aesha's outfit was a perfect mix of yacht-appropriate, yet stylish and chic.

Anna made Captain Jason look like a kung fu fighter. It was ridiculous. For the second week in a row.

This was far beyond Anna's time to go. And good riddance to her!

by Anonymousreply 11August 4, 2023 10:59 AM

Bishme and Rami designed similar outfits but IMHO Bishme showed us how to make it work.

Rami's still had a matronly aesthetic, the cape had clumsy proportions and seemed impractical and I did not like those shoes as accessories, If Rami wanted her in flats, a cute sneaker would have been more youthful. I think the judges were being kind to him. Not that he should have been ion the bottom 3 but I would have simply called him safe.

I've lost track of Korto's aesthetic. I can't really say I know what her point of view is any more. The cameras and Christian rarely spend much time with her as she builds her looks every week.

Laurence is a lazy bitch. She's not going to last much longer. She behaves like she really couldn't care less about participating. She's not good reality TV.

by Anonymousreply 12August 4, 2023 1:32 PM

I was gonna say if the challenge was to design for a MC Hammer backup dancer, Kara Saun would have won. The bottom three were warranted. So was Anna’s auf’ing. The captain may have liked it, but he himself should have known it wouldn’t be appropriate for his job.

by Anonymousreply 13August 4, 2023 1:34 PM

You're all taking about the Captain like he mans the QEII or a naval battleship, not some holiday tourist yacht.

While I'd admit the lightweight soft silk might not have been practical for his kimono (perhaps that was even clearer in person than on the TV screen), I thought the silhouette had a great command and presence and he certainly wore it well. And I think if you lined him up with all of his crew in their PR designs, it'd be clear he was the one in charge.

by Anonymousreply 14August 4, 2023 1:49 PM

Bishme was smart because he pretty much took the stews current look (basic white blouse and navy skirt) and made it upscale and chic yet practical. No need to reinvent the wheel. Rami did the same thing but Bishme was more successful. I also liked Brit's garment and Colin looked great in it. I would love to see Bishme win the whole competition.

by Anonymousreply 15August 4, 2023 2:00 PM

The judges, particularly Nina, were all going on about Bishme's choice of neoprine for his outfit but wouldn't that be suffocatingly hot onboard a boat? It's waterproof and airtight but isn't it mainly used for scuba diving gear?

by Anonymousreply 16August 4, 2023 2:43 PM

neoprene?

by Anonymousreply 17August 4, 2023 3:00 PM

The factor they didn’t consider is that any single design would be adapted for all the crew on a yacht as they have to be, well, uniform.

So if the Down Under captain went with a kimono theme, the rest of the crew would wear something similar, but reflecting their lower rank. It could work.

by Anonymousreply 18August 4, 2023 3:32 PM

Yeah, it’s a little party boat, but Anna still made the captain look like a fruit.

by Anonymousreply 19August 4, 2023 3:33 PM

With the black and white parameters, I was hoping someone would do a pinstripe. Those can be very flattering.

by Anonymousreply 20August 4, 2023 3:36 PM

Bishme should have won last week too, for this lovely jacket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 4, 2023 3:44 PM

Pinstripes would connote a business suit, a very different kind of uniform.

by Anonymousreply 22August 4, 2023 5:46 PM

R22, no, not necessarily.

by Anonymousreply 23August 4, 2023 6:02 PM

Sandy looked ridiculous and the hat and shoes didn't help. It was just all so wrong. Korto's looked like something the hostess at Red Lobster would wear.

by Anonymousreply 24August 4, 2023 6:06 PM

Anna's Captain costume belonged in a music video for this song...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2023 6:10 PM

In typical Captain Sandy passive-aggressive fashion, her "leadership style" was part of the reason Prajje was in the bottom:

[quote] Captain Sandy ‘Didn’t Say a Word’ While Filming ‘Project Runway’

Bravo’s “Project Runway” is in the midst of airing its landmark 20th season (featuring all-star contestants from throughout the show’s first 19 seasons), and tonight’s August 3 episode is set to feature some familiar faces from across the Bravo-verse.

Captain Sandy Yawn, Captain Lee Rosbach, and various members of the “Below Deck” family are stopping by the workroom as the top eight contestants are being tasked with designing updated uniforms for the yachting crews.

Captain Sandy spoke with Heavy ahead of this season’s airing and shared what it was like getting to work with her designer and model a garment on the runway.

“It’s a lot of fun, but at the same time, you want the designer to do good, right?” Captain Sandy told Heavy, “So [when the time came] to give my opinion on what I would wear or what I would not wear, I actually didn’t say a word. I allowed the designer to do them.”

In an August 2 sneak peek, Bravo revealed that Captain Sandy was assigned to work with contestant Prajjé Oscar Jean Baptiste. Captain Sandy wasn’t afraid to give some input during her initial consultation with her designer, however, as she told Baptiste, “I like bling,” and that she would like to have some “bling” on her uniform belt.

“Right off the bat, Captain Sandy is saying she wants to add bling,” Baptiste dryly confirmed in his confessional, quietly wincing as he speaks.

Speaking of the finished look, Captain Sandy told Heavy, “Would it be something I would wear? Most likely not, but the reality is you want the person to shine, and [you get to] have a makeover. So I allowed that. It was fun. It was pretty awesome.”

Last season “Project Runway” featured a crossover of Bravo stars that weren’t afraid to give their own opinion when the top seven were tasked with designing reunion looks for “Real Housewives” from the New York City, Potomac, and Orange County franchises. “Well they’re a different breed of people than I am,” Captain Sandy said with a laugh when comparing her appearance to the “Housewives” last season.

In order to help Baptiste advance in the competition, Captain Sandy will have to impress one of the “Real Housewives” stars, as Luann de Lesseps is set to join the panel as a guest judge for this episode, alongside “Below Deck” alumna Kate Chastain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 4, 2023 6:16 PM

Did Laurence have a little crush on Gary?

Lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2023 6:18 PM

Gary was too busy trying to creep into Anna's panties.

by Anonymousreply 28August 4, 2023 6:19 PM

Bishme what a ridiculous name

by Anonymousreply 29August 4, 2023 6:20 PM

Bish my ass, R29!

by Anonymousreply 30August 4, 2023 6:22 PM

I could smell Gary through my TV set. Stale cigs and whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 31August 4, 2023 6:24 PM

I thought Nina was really insufferable in this episode. Another reason why the show is on the skids.

by Anonymousreply 32August 4, 2023 6:24 PM

R32 fuck off

by Anonymousreply 33August 4, 2023 6:36 PM

Nina is the only one of the judges who isn't afraid to give an honest opinion.

by Anonymousreply 34August 4, 2023 7:30 PM

That Gary was so skeevy. Is he supposed to be the sexy one on the boat show? Ugh. I loved the (male) captain.

by Anonymousreply 35August 4, 2023 8:19 PM

She made Gary look dumpy, and he was sucking it in big time. At this point, wouldn't you get the syphilis just by touching him?

by Anonymousreply 36August 4, 2023 10:48 PM

R35 I still can't stop thinking about the captain. He looks fake he's so hot.

I guess I have to watch that stupid show. To anyone who has, is his personality as attractive as his face?

by Anonymousreply 37August 4, 2023 10:57 PM

r37, yes

by Anonymousreply 38August 4, 2023 11:13 PM

Well fuck me, RC, R38.

Guess I have some Below Deck to watch.

(Sidebar: I'm the poster whose friend recently bought a place in Vermont. Not sure if you remember me. Our exchange on the subject came not long after the flooding. But I visited the new place last weekend. Wow. Who knew Vermont was so gorgeous??)

by Anonymousreply 39August 4, 2023 11:16 PM

I do remember r39! I knew Vermont is so beautiful but, shhh, don't tell anyone!

by Anonymousreply 40August 4, 2023 11:23 PM

I though LuAnn looked stunning. She had a great plastic surgeon do the work. Everything was pulled back, but no botox was obvious.

by Anonymousreply 41August 5, 2023 12:39 AM

Bishme was the clear winner but neoprene? Give me a break. That would be suffocating to wear, worse than Kara Saun’s get up. Granted he needed a fabric that had a lot of body to get that molded look so neoprene could be considered a shortcut to get that effect.

I didn’t think Rami’s was very good, it made her look fat. Prajje’s was an overwrought mess but whew! Anna is finally out of there. (It was weird that she said her guy lived in Bali and he said he lived in the Philippines.)

by Anonymousreply 42August 5, 2023 1:10 AM

I think he likes Asian women and has a wife? girlfriend? in one place and his daughter (with her mother) in a different place. I am going off memory though.

by Anonymousreply 43August 5, 2023 1:13 AM

R43 Jason adores his daughter and I believe it's an ex gf he co parents with. He's so fucking sexy but had a weird working relationship with his bosun in season 1. The guy was gorgeous but insecure around Jason who was constantly undermining him and playing head of games. They needed to fuck it out.

by Anonymousreply 44August 5, 2023 1:22 AM

Does Capt. Jason go shirtless much in his series?

by Anonymousreply 45August 5, 2023 2:52 AM

R45. He'll be showing off in a speedo this season along with gay guests. It's in the season trailer. In the past few seasons there have been lots of crew dressing and undressing shots courtesy of the cameras in their cabins.

by Anonymousreply 46August 5, 2023 3:53 AM

I could barely sit through this episode. Completely uninteresting challenge, zero interest in that below deck nonsense or the people on it, and found all the designs a bore with the exception of Bishme’s. Took me about 20 minutes to watch because I sped through most of it.

Looking forward to next week, however.

by Anonymousreply 47August 8, 2023 12:29 AM

Yes, it's the episodes where the designers can do anything that are always the most revealing.

by Anonymousreply 48August 8, 2023 12:35 AM

R48. Sadly this sounds like the challenge that will send Rami home. He'll drape and they'll hate it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 8, 2023 1:13 AM

How come Captain Lee didn’t participate?

by Anonymousreply 50August 8, 2023 1:24 AM

[quote] How come Captain Lee didn’t participate?

He farts and swears too much.

by Anonymousreply 51August 8, 2023 2:24 AM

Tired old Lee was axd from BD but Bravo keeps him around probably because they're afraid he'll cry age discrimination. He's a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 52August 8, 2023 2:16 PM

Two people have to be eliminated at some point because of the Christian save. It will probably happen this week because suddenly having no design parameters except Be Best will freak them out.

by Anonymousreply 53August 8, 2023 2:25 PM

They could also put a final four instead of a final three through to the finale then cut one before the show. The final four being Kara, Korto, Bishme and Prajie.

by Anonymousreply 54August 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Bishme / I dislike his name though I like him

by Anonymousreply 55August 8, 2023 5:00 PM

R39/R45, there's a Below Deck Down Under thread if you want to talk about Captain Jason.

The season just started.

by Anonymousreply 56August 9, 2023 2:46 AM

Whoops, here's the link for R56.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 9, 2023 2:46 AM

Michael Kors mom just passed away in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 9, 2023 3:44 AM

r16, I used to have a Body Glove mini skirt back in the 90's, and rivers of sweat would be dripping down when I went clubbing. I worked with an actor who plays a superhero, and he told me that he lost 30 lbs during the shoot because of all the sweating in his neoprene suit. Also, neoprene wetsuits are designed to keep you warm in the cold water.

That neoprene outfit will last about 2 hours and she'll be ripping it out in the heat.

by Anonymousreply 59August 9, 2023 3:46 AM

Nina Garcia has obviously never gone deep sea diving. Nor worn neoprene.

by Anonymousreply 60August 9, 2023 3:50 AM

[quote] Two people have to be eliminated at some point because of the Christian save.

Why is this? Bravo suddenly strict about how many episodes a show needs to be? Their schedule is pretty fluid.

by Anonymousreply 61August 9, 2023 5:22 AM

It was only “the Bobbi Brown makeup studio” once. Is EstéeLauder too cheap to pay for more than an occasional on-screen logo?

by Anonymousreply 62August 9, 2023 8:57 AM

Both Laurence and Korto are haughty bee-yotches. Rami seems to think having been in the same Finale as WINNER Christian somehow makes him, Rami, invincible.

Prediction: The winner will be Black.

by Anonymousreply 63August 9, 2023 10:17 AM

Sad about Michael Kors mom. I remember seeing her on the show and she seemed like a nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 64August 9, 2023 11:20 AM

Honey, we have already established that it will be a HISTORIC all-Black finale, quite likely an all-Black final five. The only question is when does Elaine weep on camera,

by Anonymousreply 65August 9, 2023 12:22 PM

R61, apparently yes. Sometimes a designer quits or falls ill so there is an episode where nobody is voted off or they bring back the last person voted off. That schedule is carved in stone.

by Anonymousreply 66August 9, 2023 2:16 PM

[quote] Honey, we have already established that it will be a HISTORIC all-Black finale

I don't think it'll be historic.

There was already an all black All-Stars finale with Anthony, Fabio, and Stanley.

It was great because it was three black gay males in the finale, with the gayest of them all as the winner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2023 1:07 AM

R67. Elaine and Korto will forget about that and make this finale historic. Maybe the final three will be Korto, Kara and Laurence. THREE BLACK QUEENS IN THE FINALE!!!!!! Female queens of course.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2023 1:14 AM

I can't wait to see what they come up with tonight.

They can make anything!

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2023 8:30 PM

Can't wait to see who gets cut this week. Rami or Brittney???

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2023 8:36 PM

Brittney should have gone home a long time ago.

Her "active wear" sucks, and she designs the same thing all the time, the skirt with three flaps in the front and one going down the middle.

I've seen her do that shit numerous times.

by Anonymousreply 71August 10, 2023 8:51 PM

Kara does whimsy, Rami drapes, Laurence likes leather, Prajie does streetwear, Korto embraces her African heritage. And Brittney does activewear. They all have their thing and they're all hit or miss.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2023 1:35 AM

Well those Kara Saun theories flew right out the window tonite.

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2023 2:29 AM

I really didn't think they'd send her home, even though she deserved to go. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2023 2:57 AM

For a second I thought they were going to send both home and for another second I thought they were both in. It was wild. I thought the runway was a shit show. Dark, rain, models holding umbrellas and Nina and Brandon wearing dark glasses. WTF. Best part was Korto livid that she was merely safe. So glad Rami was in the top. That dress was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2023 3:04 AM

Kara Saun is a terrible fashion designer. She simply has bad taste and there was no avoiding sending her home.

Nina and the judges said she needed to edit that design but you'd have to edit it all gone. Her dismissal was well-earned. I'm sure she's a lovely person but she really should stick with designing children's parties.

I also agreed that Praaje should be in the bottom. HIs problem seems to be a lack of craft and skill. He doesn't fit his garments well and they often look clunky.

And speaking of clunky, I thought Bishme's skirt was very clumsy and ill-proportioned with those heavy graceless ruffles. The outfit was really helped by the wind, rain and dramatic outdoor lighting. I would have put him or Laurence (who keeps repeating herself) in the safe category.

Korto designs wiould be great for older plus-size women (like herself) but it always overwhelms her thin models. I don't know why she hasn't been called on that (yet).

I liked Rami's gown very much but I probably would have given top place to Brittany.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2023 3:06 AM

Laurence's top was matronly.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2023 3:49 AM

Rami's dress was stunning. Classic and modern at once. He should have won.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2023 9:23 AM

Kara Saun was clearly the loser. Her design was… something. Brittany’s outfit didn’t look safe, it looked like an outfit we’ve seen a million times. In 1999.

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2023 12:56 PM

I was at least pleased to see that Praaje's claim that Brit "stole his look" ultimately went nowhere. It was just a classic halter top, hardly anything unique or original. He would have done well to focus on his own lousy tailoring and fit that bodice and hip yoke better to his model.

He's lucky he wasn't sent packing and I, too, thought the judges were going to dismiss both him and Kara Saun.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2023 1:10 PM

Kara Saun, just choosing those matronly lavender and pink Bat Mitzvah brocades and then adding ostrich feathers - how could anyone make anything modern out of those materials??

That boxy bolero jacket would have been helped enormously just by wearing it open to create a vertical line over the model's substantial bust (I love that model btw). WTF was she thinking?

It would have been interesting in this episode with the flashes of photos and home movies we got to see some clips of KS's S1 successes, which I've totally forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2023 1:16 PM

I know - Praije going on like he invented that top.

Kara Saun’s creation looked like a shoddy knock off of a Bob Mackie design circa 1978.

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2023 1:27 PM

I swear some of these designers think if they give a heartwarming or sad and sappy backstory for their garment then the judges wouldn't dare send them home. I was kind of surprised when Elaine told Kara something like 'great story but let's talk about your design....'. Bishme was smart because he gave the judges a taste of what his runway show would look like and they ate it up.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2023 1:34 PM

I kind of thought Rami’s dress was a bit ill fitting and not well constructed. The fabric veered a bit into looking like upholstery.

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2023 2:41 PM

Kara getting sent home broke up the sister circle Korto talked about in the beginning of the show. I doubt she and Laurence will welcome Britney into it. This episode was too preachy and sobby for my taste. The producers just had to call the challenge the Freedom challenge.

Christian was at it again: telling Laurence to not use black so she grabs purple and to go for the evening gown look; telling Korto she needs trim to break up her outfit (safe) and desperately trying to sway Kara Saun to not do what she was doing (a unicorn dress.) She didn’t listen, she went home, Laurence listened and was top 3. His comments definitely affect the outcomes in my opinion.

Being in the rain was not edgy or interesting it was ridiculous.

I did like Korto’s pants. Prajje’s looked like his model was playing dress-up with her mom’s clothes.

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2023 3:10 PM

I'm starting to wonder if Rami might make it to the final 3. Bishme, Laurence and Rami.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2023 3:28 PM

Laurence made the same silhouette she made in the denim challenge. The model had the same difficulty walking.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2023 3:48 PM

The rain, whatever. But WTH decided to have the models back-lit? An amateur runway for beautiful clothing.

Glad the Fairy Queene design was auf'ed (as it were).

Mimi is the absolute best of the models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2023 3:51 PM

When Mimi stared on PR, I thought she was odd but interesting. Not necessarily a great model. But this season, she's is off the charts. No one comes near her in what she can do.

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2023 4:19 PM

Mimi sure knows how to work a room. She is wonderful and makes such a statement. It’s truly unfair to the designers that happen to pick a model in the large category. It doesn’t matter if the designer knocks it out of the ballpark they can never measure up to the likes of Mimi and a few others. They are so unattractive walking the runway. It’s a disservice to the designers.

We should all look as good as The Countess LuAn.

Why do a few of the designers always feel the need to bring black heritage and other cultures in the mix. Just shut up and let your designs speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2023 4:29 PM

Kara intentionally chose a larger model. The same model she used in the lingerie win.

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2023 5:17 PM

I think the producers realized that most of those creations would desperately need the help of night and overly dramatic lighting to appear exciting.

Even Mimi couldn't have saved Kara Saun's Disney mother of the bride look.

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2023 5:20 PM

A fun challenge would be to give the remaining designers the materials Kara Saun chose for her last look and see if they could create anything hip and modern out of them. I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2023 5:21 PM

I have shopped at Mood for years and it may interest some of you to know that though the store is indeed 3 floors, the upper floor is all suiting woolens and the lower floor is mostly upholstery fabrics, cottons and leather. So, when you see the designers scrambling up and down those stairs, it's really mostly for some effect.

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2023 5:24 PM

Agreed, R88. Mimi is the only model I look forward to seeing.

She just has It. She's not the prettiest. But you can't take your eyes off her.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2023 5:55 PM

Any of our race conspiracy theorists that predicted a Brittany / Rami exit this week with surety have anything to say?

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2023 9:30 PM

Mimi understands timing and drama.

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2023 9:48 PM

I wonder who didn’t show up as guest judge? Was it because they thought it was stupid to have a fashion show in the rain?

by Anonymousreply 98August 12, 2023 3:45 AM

Why was Brandon kvetching about having to get dressed and having to come into the city for the runway show? Isn’t that what he signed up for and is being paid to do?

by Anonymousreply 99August 12, 2023 3:54 AM

I had never heard of Brandon until Project Runway. Is he considered a good designer and respected by his peers?

by Anonymousreply 100August 12, 2023 4:27 AM

What was the point of having an outdoor show without a single guest?

I wish the show could back to being focused on design rather than the Oppression Olympics. But it's like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube at this point.

by Anonymousreply 101August 12, 2023 10:37 AM

I miss Swatch, the cute Mood dog

by Anonymousreply 102August 12, 2023 11:17 AM

Looking at the designers left I think the top 4 will be Laurence Bishme, Britney and Rami.

by Anonymousreply 103August 12, 2023 11:32 AM

R103. Think again

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2023 11:59 AM

I'll say it again: I think once the producers saw how badly those designs were coming together they knew the runway show would need a lot of help with lighting and effects and some distance to make them look more exciting and moving them to that park was a last minute decision. Hence the lack of a guest judge (who balked when heard they'd be sitting outdoors on a stormy night) and Brandon's bizarre kvetching. I know they announced the park location early in the episode but I think that was a later fake edit.

And why did they have Christian sit in with the judges and not allow him to speak?

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2023 12:59 PM

No way. That move was expensive. Hauling all the equipment and people out there. Not a last minute decision.

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2023 1:39 PM

I just thought it was odd that they filmed in the dark. What's the point of shooting in a park if you can't see anything.

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2023 1:53 PM

They were probably waiting for the rain to stop.

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2023 7:19 PM

Laurence and Korto have very haughty vibes. IMO.

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2023 9:01 PM

I can handle Laurence, but who dubbed Korto queen?

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2023 9:52 PM

Laurence's designs always give me wicked stepmother dominatrix vibes.

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2023 10:14 PM

R110. Korto dubbed Korto queen

by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2023 10:40 PM

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before watching the episode, because I have a totally different impression of the show than most of you.

I thought the outdoors venue was great, and the wind and rain, coupled with the darkness and back lighting, made for a very dramatic and fashionable show. I think the camera crew and producers did a fantastic job. It was ethereal.

I knew Kara was out the minute Elaine criticized the "weird cut of the jacket." It's the only outfit that received criticism during the runway show.

That said, I'm okay with Kara going home. I like her, but her outfit was too costumey. I agree that when Christian gives a critique, the designers should listen. And Kara wasn't having any of it. She didn't care what Christian had to say.

I hated Brittany's outfit. Her aesthetic is just not my thing. And I don't see what the judges see in her designs. I think they're horrible and dated.

Besides Laurence's stank attitude, I hated her outfit. The weird cut of the leather on the panty area always bring into focus an area that probably should not get that much focus on a gown. The colors were horrible and the cut was bad. There was nothing I liked about her gown.

Korto's was okay. Lots of material and African influence. The usual. I'm not surprised she hasn't made it big, because there's a very limited market for what she does.

Rami is another one who is kind of in the middle for me. I love Rami and I think he does impeccable work, but I do think that he (like Korto) has a limited market for what he does. Probably older, conservative women who go to galas, etc. It dawned on me when he mentioned how "light and flowy" his gown material was, that he is off in his perception. That material was neither light, nor flowy.

I actually loved Prajje's design and how it moved on the runway. I hate Prajje the person because I think he's very unpleasant, but the color and movement of this particular gown was fabulous.

The clear winner to me, is Bishme.

He has the most fresh design aesthetic. He also makes well constructed outfits, and always adds a cool and new touch to his designs, which the others lack. And his gown looked fabulous in the wind and rain. I really hope he wins.

by Anonymousreply 113August 12, 2023 10:55 PM

I thought Bishme was the clear winner but I was afraid they wouldn’t give it to him two weeks in a row.

I hoped Brittany was in the bottom rather than safe. Everyone else did evening looks and she did this weird bunched up jacket and hanging straps in peach or coral, I was surprised that we didn’t hear her doubting her choice to do streetwear. It’s pretty obvious that given the freedom to do anything, you should really do something big and dramatic. But once she was safe, I thought Prajje was going home. I’m shocked it was Kara Saun. I really thought the producers wanted to end the show with the “runner up comes back to take the crown”. I guess they are still pissed that she lied about the shoes in S1.

I didn’t think Rami’s was well sewn. That silver sash bit was uneven at the edges but Mimi sold it. Laurence’s was okay, she made that leather skirt flow like it was made out of satin but it was typical Laurence, classic but a bit boring.

That stupid runway in the park. The models had to walk with both hands holding the umbrella, it was that windy. It must’ve been freezing because everyone else was wearing winter jackets. The rain was pelting down and like someone pointed out above, the judges couldn’t even see the outfits because there was a big frigging spotlight pointed directly at them. I hope somebody on the production staff got fired over this.

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2023 2:13 AM

As much as PR would have loved to have Kara Saun win the competition there was no way they could keep her when most weeks her outfits were simply awful and completely out of touch with the modern woman. There's no other way to say it - gurl can't design for shit.

by Anonymousreply 115August 13, 2023 2:33 AM

A former runner up can still win the competition!

by Anonymousreply 116August 13, 2023 2:44 AM

Why are a few of you convinced that Kara Saun would win as a pretty little bow to end the series? Am I missing something where it was announced that this is the last season?

by Anonymousreply 117August 13, 2023 2:45 AM

Korto talks about Africa this and Africa that and oppression this and that.... ugh.

Bitch you were born in LIBERIA.

Do you know the history of Liberia?

Former American slaves went BACK to Africa to escape slavery and build a better, free life back in Africa. That's why they created Liberia.

Fast forward a couple hundred years, and your family flees Liberia and comes BACK to America.

Where you proceed to complain about American oppression.

Do you even see the fucking irony in that?

STOP. FUCKING. COMPLAINING.

Because you can always drag your ass back to Liberia to make a better life for yourself over there!

Oh, wait.....

by Anonymousreply 118August 13, 2023 3:47 AM

^chill

by Anonymousreply 119August 13, 2023 4:41 AM

I’m convinced this is the last season. S20 was filmed months ago (last year?) and is only being televised now. If you go to the Bravo website, there’s only a link to watch the show (if you have cable) and a couple highlights. It used to have clear photos of every outfit on the runway, as well as portfolios of their work before they were on the show (very useful). Now EW and a couple other sites review the show but don’t post any photos. A couple blogs might post screenshots. It’s toast.

Bishme will def be in final three. Korto and Laurence? Although they’re doing their best to give Korto the angry black woman edit. They finally got Laurence to break down and show some emotion. Rami is a sweetheart but he’s not a very good designer.

by Anonymousreply 120August 13, 2023 11:56 AM

[quote]but he’s not a very good designer

Because oppression!

by Anonymousreply 121August 13, 2023 12:07 PM

R120. Giving Korto the angry black woman edit is easy because she's an angry black woman.

by Anonymousreply 122August 13, 2023 1:12 PM

And yet the cameras barely ever focus on Korto's process as the designers create their weekly looks. Christian spends very little time with her in the work room. I feel like I never see what Korto has designed until the runway portion. And she's usually deemed safe so there's virtually been no talk from the judges about her work, good or bad. All we get from her are her weekly proclamations on being a Black designer.

I find it very odd.

by Anonymousreply 123August 13, 2023 2:12 PM

Korto has received both positive and negative feedback from the judges. She has been in the top and bottom. She has won a challenge. She was angry when Anna was in the top three because she didn't think she deserved to be there. She was pissed because she was safe because she felt she should have been in the top. Maybe her process doesn't get enough camera time because production can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 124August 13, 2023 2:54 PM

She probably refuses to interact with Christian.

by Anonymousreply 125August 13, 2023 7:21 PM

What sort of negative feedback did Korto receive from the judges this season? I truly don't remember it or her being in the bottom 3. I can, however, believe she doesn't want to deal with Christian much, though she is always cordial to him. He never seems to give her any advice.

by Anonymousreply 126August 13, 2023 7:32 PM

r126 when she made the last minute outfit with the top that looked like a doily. Someone on reddit posted a screenshot from the opening credits I think. It shows Brittany, Rami, Bishme and Laurence standing together cheering, implying that they're the final four.

by Anonymousreply 127August 13, 2023 8:04 PM

R126. She was in the bottom for a dreadful garment that looked like she used grandma's doilies to make a bra. The judges were not kind.

by Anonymousreply 128August 13, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote] Someone on reddit posted a screenshot from the opening credits I think. It shows Brittany, Rami, Bishme and Laurence standing together cheering, implying that they're the final four.

That would be great!

I would love to see those two Negative Nancies, Korto and Prajje, get sent packing.

They have the worst attitudes.

I would include Laurence in that group, but eliminating two out of three isn't bad.

by Anonymousreply 129August 13, 2023 8:07 PM

Oh yes now I remember the doily top. Yuccch. OK.

by Anonymousreply 130August 14, 2023 2:17 AM

I understood Brittany doing streetwear but it was boring.

by Anonymousreply 131August 15, 2023 1:36 AM

[quote] I understood Brittany doing streetwear but it was boring.

But it's in her DNA!!!!

DNA DNA DNA!!!!

Every single fucking episode, she says it's in her DNA.

by Anonymousreply 132August 15, 2023 1:37 AM

r131 Her outfit was hideous. Nobody is wearing that mess on the street without being taunted and laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 133August 15, 2023 1:41 AM

I like Mimi but she looks old and a little bit hard.

by Anonymousreply 134August 15, 2023 2:13 AM

You can't help looking at Mimi, the walk, the bone structure, the face. She likely draws attention wherever she goes.

by Anonymousreply 135August 16, 2023 12:43 AM

Is Mimi a MAN?

by Anonymousreply 136August 16, 2023 1:06 AM

Mimi is striking and knows how to work the runway. The other models are rather bland this season.

by Anonymousreply 137August 16, 2023 2:15 AM

Trans women are women!

by Anonymousreply 138August 16, 2023 12:45 PM

Where did they come up with double bind? JFC how did they come up with all these victims in one season - every single one has a story.

by Anonymousreply 139August 18, 2023 1:20 AM

sob story

by Anonymousreply 140August 18, 2023 1:21 AM

Each of the prompts sound like they could translate to the same outfit.

by Anonymousreply 141August 18, 2023 1:23 AM

Bishe and Korto's were pretty abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 142August 18, 2023 2:05 AM

Korto can't take criticism well - she takes it too personal. Narcissism or thin skin?

by Anonymousreply 143August 18, 2023 2:25 AM

The black queens are dropping like flies.

by Anonymousreply 144August 18, 2023 2:29 AM

Bishme should thank his lucky stars he didn’t get sent home for that hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 145August 18, 2023 2:32 AM

Male models next week! I don't like Britney but I thought she should have won. Her look was stunning. Elaine was just not having it with Korto. Didn't Korto just do a similar outfit with a voluminous bottom and skimpy top? When the judges asked Rami what was oversized he should have said MY MODEL.

by Anonymousreply 146August 18, 2023 2:33 AM

This is Korto's first time not being runner up on Project Runway. She has come in 2nd three times before. Was kinda darkly hoping her streak would continue

by Anonymousreply 147August 18, 2023 2:47 AM

This is worse.

by Anonymousreply 148August 18, 2023 3:00 AM

I was surprised how much I liked Prajje's look on the runway but a lot of that is due to the inimatable Mimi who could make anything look edgy and chic. And I thought Korto's was witty and hip. Kinda shocked they were both in the bottom and Korto was sent home. I did love her for speaking up for herself on the runway and also in Christian's farewell.

Bishme look was horrible. It's that lack of taste and craft he seems to produce every 3rd week or so and reveals how unprepared he is for a professional career. The bad outfits negate all the good work for me. He's like a very talented 2nd year Parsons or FIT student that needs more training and experience.

Rami's look was just OK, but I guess he at least flattered his ungainly model. I wonder if it had been done with some color or a print it would have been more exciting, but I'm not sure the model could have carried that off.

I also really disliked Brittany's look and was shocked the judges praised it. Tacky and shiny and like a bad costume that didn't solve the challenge,

I've not been much of a fan of Laurence but her look was stunning. And in 12 hours! Awesome work, well-deserved win.

by Anonymousreply 149August 18, 2023 3:03 AM

inimitable ^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 150August 18, 2023 3:04 AM

Haha Korto was pissed!

She told off the judges, she told off her fellow contestants, and she told off Christian!

I don't blame her, though. She was right.

Those stupid judges do give mixed messages.

How can they praise Brittany, when she didn't give ANY modesty in her design. She totally didn't complete the challenge.

That's why Korto gave that speech in the end: "I did exactly what they asked us to do." And she was right. Rami and Brittany didn't abide by the challenge.

And truth be told, I love Bishme, but he should have gone home. That outfit was so ugly, so cheap looking, and horribly executed. Truly one of the worst things to come down the runway this season.

But in the end, I think the judges sent Korto home because she's so bitter.. lol. They didn't like being told the truth and they wanted her out.

Elaine was so over Korto, and almost seemed happy to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 151August 18, 2023 6:27 AM

I don't know about Elaine, but I was. Especially as in one monologue Korto griped that some people had the NERVE to mispronounce her name as---wait for it---"Korto."

by Anonymousreply 152August 18, 2023 6:58 AM

I’m glad she is gone; I could NOT take her nasally voice anymore.

by Anonymousreply 153August 18, 2023 7:32 AM

Of course they give mixed messages. They’re a group and they are giving subjective feedback in varying contexts.

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 154August 18, 2023 11:18 AM

Brittany satisfied the modesty component with the shape of her dress, which was clever. You are allowed to creatively interpret the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 155August 18, 2023 11:22 AM

Korto is a legend in her own mind. But I do think her outfit fit the brief better than Rami’s. She should have picked a different fabric for the pants though. I think that’s what did her in. Praije’s look was tacky. If Korto used granny’s couch fabric, Praije used her dining room curtains. Rami’s look was horribly dated. He’s always saying he’s going to give modern and edgy and sophisticated, and we always end up with drapey Grecian.

by Anonymousreply 156August 18, 2023 11:38 AM

Laurence has not followed the challenge at least three times this season and she's still here and thriving. Rami pulled that excuse out of his ass but if he had made the sleeve a little bigger it definitely would have fit the challenge. Korto's choice of material for her pants is probably what sent her home. Loved Britney's but she also surprised the judges by doing something different and they like that. Next week Prajie will go and we'll have a final four. Then they'll cut one right before the show.

by Anonymousreply 157August 18, 2023 12:48 PM

[quote] Of course they give mixed messages. They’re a group and they are giving subjective feedback in varying contexts.

[quote] Get over it.

Oh, fuck off, you rotten cunt.

You must be one of those lame judges, because there is no excuse for their stupidity.

[quote] Brittany satisfied the modesty component with the shape of her dress, which was clever. You are allowed to creatively interpret the challenge.

Excuses, excuses.

Brittany did no such thing. She's not "clever." She's a cheater.

There was NOTHING modest about what she made. Which is why those fucking judges are full of shit. They give some people a pass for breaking the rules, while others are roasted on the runway.

It's so fucking random.

That's why this show has jumped the shark.

No one has any faith in the judges' (your) critiques.

It's all bullshit and garbage.

And what you call "creative interpretation," I call cheating.

Brittany cheated. The end.

by Anonymousreply 158August 18, 2023 12:50 PM

Yeah, Laurence really has not followed the challenge, and has pretty much shown the same silhouette three times in a row. I don’t think Korto realizes that she’s perfectly fine as a designer, but she’s boring. Her clothes are highly commercial, but not trendy. The judges just weren’t wowed by her look last night. I also agree that Brittany’s look wasn’t modest. I think what saved her is it was unexpected. Really, last night the judges just went with what they liked, or what was least ugly. I think Rami was spared only because Bishme and Praije were uglier.

by Anonymousreply 159August 18, 2023 12:54 PM

When I said “Get over it” I was speaking to Korto, r158. Not you. I tend to steer clear of interacting with psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 160August 18, 2023 1:14 PM

Britney's was modest with the length, long sleeves and high collar. It was sexy because it was see through. She met the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 161August 18, 2023 1:17 PM

I'm really not getting the love for Brittany's outfit, even beyond satisfying the challenge. The model looked like a trendy take on a saloon girl in a western brothel.

by Anonymousreply 162August 18, 2023 1:20 PM

Fascinating that after all the chat here, the 3 bottoms were all Black designers.

by Anonymousreply 163August 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Yes, they lost the plot when Christian saved Rami.

by Anonymousreply 164August 18, 2023 1:36 PM

The hostility between Korto and Elaine was palpable.

by Anonymousreply 165August 18, 2023 2:27 PM

The guest judges this season have been underwhelming. Only Alicia Silverstone's titties made an impression.

by Anonymousreply 166August 18, 2023 2:32 PM

I can’t believe they sent Korto home. Prajje’s look was terrible, shiny satin, puckered seams, ugly print, and that horrible “origami” shit that Merline did all season until she was mercifully voted off for not knowing how to sew.

Rami’s made that dress before. Maybe it was during his original season when he did it in army green. In Mood you could see him holding a bunch of beige fabric. He has the worst instincts when it comes to choosing colors.

by Anonymousreply 167August 18, 2023 4:56 PM

Someone get r158 their meds. It's a television show, honey.

by Anonymousreply 168August 18, 2023 5:21 PM

I have been a Korto apologist, but I really thought the way she went out was bad. The burning bridges tactic was not a good look for her.

by Anonymousreply 169August 18, 2023 7:20 PM

It's fashion. It's fashion. Lighten up, it's just fashion, R158.

by Anonymousreply 170August 18, 2023 7:28 PM

Say my name, bitches.

It's Korto CLARICE Momolu!

by Anonymousreply 171August 19, 2023 1:21 AM

Does anyone know the derivation of the name Korto and why it would be spelled like that?

by Anonymousreply 172August 19, 2023 2:11 AM

Korto Tweet (X):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 19, 2023 2:51 AM

I loved Korto’s look. I think she lost because of her attitude.

Brittany’s look was pretty but it wasn’t modest.

by Anonymousreply 174August 19, 2023 3:46 AM

Korto’s was better than Bishme or Prajje’s. They weren’t going to get rid of Bishme, not with that cute edit they’ve got going between him and Christian.

by Anonymousreply 175August 19, 2023 4:41 AM

[quote] Korto’s was better than Bishme or Prajje’s. They weren’t going to get rid of Bishme, not with that cute edit they’ve got going between him and Christian.

And Korto knew this.

Which is why she was so unpleasant.

They all understand that the producers decide who stays and who goes, but I'm sure it doesn't feel good knowing that you got sent home before someone who made a shitty outfit.

by Anonymousreply 176August 19, 2023 7:25 AM

Korto drips with entitlement and perpetual victimhood in everything she says and that makes it hard to root for her.

I do get what she was saying about the judging, but it's ALWAYS been like that. It's not just happening to her. But, of course, she'll never be self aware enough to realize that.

by Anonymousreply 177August 19, 2023 8:24 AM

Korto should have worked through her divorce before coming on this season. She was mad at the world.

by Anonymousreply 178August 19, 2023 9:25 AM

Kunto

by Anonymousreply 179August 19, 2023 4:36 PM

R169 - I agree that Korto showed her ass before she left, but I could definitely see her being brought back in the future. These reality shows need some drama for the audience and she is full of it.

by Anonymousreply 180August 19, 2023 7:50 PM

If Korto ever came back to PR after expressing her dissatisfaction with the show multiple times then she's a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 181August 19, 2023 10:10 PM

Lol R179.

She'll forever be known by that name on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 182August 19, 2023 10:46 PM

I think R178 really summed it all up where Korto is involved.

by Anonymousreply 183August 19, 2023 11:21 PM

I always feel sorry for the designers who get stuck with the plus sized models.

by Anonymousreply 184August 19, 2023 11:30 PM

R184. Some of them choose plus size models. No idea why unless they're trying to prove they can dress everywoman.

by Anonymousreply 185August 19, 2023 11:52 PM

I love the light-skinned Black model with the very short platinum hair, I think her name is Ava or Eva. She's not reed thin but has sexy beautiful curves and when dressed well, makes a great impression on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 186August 20, 2023 2:40 AM

Fuck I hate Korto. She's like a miserable fucking Shetland pony.

by Anonymousreply 187August 21, 2023 12:12 AM

Korto is entitled to voice her opinions and, in turn, buyers and customers are entitled to not want to work with her. If you're looking to build a brand don't piss people off.

by Anonymousreply 188August 21, 2023 12:47 AM

I agree with those who say it was likely Korto's attitude that got her auf'd (her outfit, while not the best, was hardly this week's worst). Her criticism of the judges was spot-on but unfortunately the truth-telling can only go in one direction on these types of shows, so she probably sealed her fate by not being able to contain herself. I believe if she had, Prajje would have gone home, not her. (To be fair, Bishme's was actually the worst but his good work up to that point is most likely what saved him.)

by Anonymousreply 189August 21, 2023 2:06 AM

Bishme's work is very uneven.

by Anonymousreply 190August 21, 2023 2:14 AM

[quote] Korto Momolu to ‘Project Runway’ judges after her elimination: ‘You’ve got to be consistent’

“When I come into the room, you might not like me, you might not love me, but dammit, you’re going to remember who I was,” says Korto Momolu in the “Project Runway” after show following her elimination from the episode “Double Bind.” “Growing up I used to be so quiet people used to leave me places, believe it or not. While y’all were getting in trouble I was writing my master plan. A lot of people sacrificed a lot in my family for me to be who I am. You’re going to notice I was here.” Watch her interview with Christian Siriano above.

Momolu had a mostly stellar season on “Runway,” winning the “Coronation Day” challenge and getting another high score in “Uncut Hems,” among other accomplished looks. But in “Double Bind” when she had to create a design that merged casual with formal, the judges took her to task for her bold brocade fabric. But were the judges really being fair? The previous week she made a streamlined black outfit that was described as too “safe,” so she went for a bolder colorful print this time around. “It was perfect, honey, I loved it,” she maintains of her eliminated look. “I’ve been using brocade this entire time. This was the first time it became too shiny. You’ve got to be real with me, you’ve got to be consistent.”

She adds, “People don’t always want to give me my props, and that’s fine. But I know who I am.” She was moved, however, by “Fashion, Inside Out” guest judge Sergio Hudson giving her credit for helping to blaze the trail for Black designers in the industry. “For somebody like that who’s made it based on whatever I did to him in his life, I appreciate it and I love him.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191August 21, 2023 3:22 AM

TUBI has a documentary “Eleven Minutes” (2008). It shows what’s involved when a new designer gets to show at NYFW. First up: getting a sponsor to pay for it. Then getting several friends to work for months for free to help him create it including a lot of sewing. A show producer to organize it. Publicist. Invites printed and delivered by hand to important guests (fashion editors). Wangling a few famous celebrities to come for photographers. Custom jewelry. Custom shoes. Seating charts. Lots of yelling. Hiring models. Custom wigs. A sample maker refuses to make a few looks because they are too complicated. The custom shoe guy keeps missing deadlines. The backstage chaos of the show…

Here’s the thing. The designer was Jay, the popular winner of the first season. This was his first show after winning a couple years previously. People still think his collection was the best ever. So how did it go over? Watch and see.

by Anonymousreply 192August 21, 2023 2:42 PM

I remember poor Jay's collection post PR. I thought it was clown clothes. I really wondered how much influence Tim Gunn, or even the structure of PR had on his wonder PR collection.

by Anonymousreply 193August 21, 2023 3:00 PM

[quote] People don’t always want to give me my props, and that’s fine. But I know who I am

Then shut up and quit talking about yourself if you’re so secure.

by Anonymousreply 194August 21, 2023 5:21 PM

I like to watch him play while I play with myself

by Anonymousreply 195August 21, 2023 6:03 PM

Yes r193, there were only two garments I liked. The raincoat and the polka dot tube dress. He refused to listen to any of the advice that guy (who was he?) gave him. It was sad.

by Anonymousreply 196August 21, 2023 10:31 PM

I have it on good authority Rami is H U N G.

by Anonymousreply 197August 21, 2023 11:03 PM

Okay, let me say this about Korto.

She was very likable on earlier seasons. She was nice and she was humble.

Something changed along the way.

I think she got older, she got divorced, she raised her kids, and she became more jaded and bitter. Not unlike MANY people in their 40's and 50's.

Instead of playing the victim, she did a complete 180 and became a total bitch.

It's unfortunate, because I think a lot of people were rooting for her, and still would root for her. If only she would lose the attitude.

Some people think that this "positive self talk" where you keep telling yourself "I'm so great" and "I'm beautiful" and "I'm worthy" is the best way to combat low self-esteem. All this affirmation bullshit.

I feel the opposite. I actually think that self-awareness, motivation, focus, and most of all HUMILITY are the keys to success.

I actually think Korto is getting bad advice from self-help books and online resources. "I'm fabulous!" "I'm the best" "I'm the greatest!" "No one is better than me!"

That's all bullshit.

You need to humble yourself, work with other people, work hard, and just keep pushing yourself.

That's the only way to be truly successful in this world.

by Anonymousreply 198August 21, 2023 11:06 PM

"Everyday in every way, I'm getting better and better."

by Anonymousreply 199August 22, 2023 12:19 AM

I need way more details R197.

How hung? Is he a top?

Come on. Spill.

by Anonymousreply 200August 22, 2023 4:43 AM

[quote] I have it on good authority Rami is H U N G.

Hung bottoms are useless!

by Anonymousreply 201August 22, 2023 4:45 AM

r200 Rami is a top, or at least top leaning. He is a very very sweet man, very romantic. Like to eat ass before he tops. I would say at least nine inches thick, cut. Very good kisser.

by Anonymousreply 202August 22, 2023 1:16 PM

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to success.

by Anonymousreply 203August 22, 2023 1:28 PM

I’m team Rami- I’d love to lick him from top to bottom.

by Anonymousreply 204August 22, 2023 1:44 PM

I wonder if the spoiler for tonight's show will be correct?

I hope so!

by Anonymousreply 205August 25, 2023 12:50 AM

Male models!

by Anonymousreply 206August 25, 2023 12:50 AM

Will there be a plus size male model?

by Anonymousreply 207August 25, 2023 1:25 AM

Bishme has the most gorgeous model. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 208August 25, 2023 1:32 AM

Colman Domingo was a great guest judge, but they are sending the wrong designer home.

by Anonymousreply 209August 25, 2023 2:29 AM

Great episode. Solid designs, hot models. I didn’t dislike any look tonight and could have easily seen Laurence’s on a red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 210August 25, 2023 3:30 AM

Oh I disagree, r209! Prajje's look was a disaster from head to toe, truly amateurish and taste-free, ugly color combinations and horribly made (that poochy crotch!) in every way. The peculiar hand painting only made it worse. How any gay queen could do so badly on what should have been the easiest challenge says it all. He was overdue to go home. I kinda thought he was happy to be done..

OTOH, I loved Laurence's look and disagreed with everything to which the judges objected. Well, maybe the loafers were the wrong choice (lace up boots would have helped) but not so awful. That model was so hot, very androgynous in the sexiest way and the outfit suited him perfectly.

Wasn't crazy about Brittany's look, and as the judges said, felt I'd seen it before. And the pant fabric seemed better suited for the circus. But the model was so adorable he won me over and I came to appreciate the look.

I thought Bishme should have been in the bottom. I just don't see what the judges see in his work. For me it's always clunky and looks badly made. The (cowboy???) hat was ridiculous. And I hated the mint green, for me always a weak color for anything. Oy, and those gold buttons!

As for Rami, I really liked the concept but the execution was clumsy and very ill-fitting (Elaine was so right!). And those lapels were really badly constructed and awkwardly placed. Also, I didn't feel the cream color really helped the look, especially on such a pale model.

While Laurence repeats herself a lot, I've come to appreciate her minimalist aesthetic, especially next to all the overwrought designs of the others. Maybe it will be boring in a runway show but we'll see. She's sure to make the final 3.

by Anonymousreply 211August 25, 2023 3:37 AM

Brandon re Laurence's garment: a navy kilt? Loved Laurence's design but it was too drab for an attention grabbing red carpet look. I actually thought Bishme should have won. He brings the drama to his creations and I can't wait to see his runway show.

by Anonymousreply 212August 25, 2023 3:53 AM

Bishme's look reminded me of a blaxsploitation pimp daddy. All it needed was a feather in the hat and a cane. Prajje's looked like a sad tattered circus ringmaster. His artwork on the clothes always reminds me of hipster art students I knew back in the day. Crust punk trustafarian types. Brandon's nutcracker comment was apt. He was going into Michael Kors mode tonight. I chuckled when he said in response to Rami's look that his left arm and armpit were his best features.

by Anonymousreply 213August 25, 2023 4:06 AM

And I hate to agree with Elaine but Rami's silk does look cheap. The way it puckers at the seams. Is that intentional?

by Anonymousreply 214August 25, 2023 4:08 AM

Will there be another elimination, or will four designers present at the finale?

by Anonymousreply 215August 25, 2023 5:03 AM

I just keep thinking about Rami's nine inch dick.

by Anonymousreply 216August 25, 2023 6:59 AM

Exactly, r209. Praje had a distinct point of view, whereas Laurence was completely disconnected to her design, to high fashion, and to any Red Carpet. Moreover, $950?!

Laurence got by on her own cattails.

by Anonymousreply 217August 25, 2023 8:30 AM

"cattails" = "coattails." But maybe "cattails" works, too!

by Anonymousreply 218August 25, 2023 8:31 AM

My favorite thing out of all the outfits was that beautiful bow on Brittany's model.

I thought it was so adorable! The color was very nice, too. I loved the sparkly green pants with the white blouse.

I also liked Bishme's solid green outfit. He already did the hat with the flowy scarf thing already, but it does add a nice dramatic effect.

Rami's design was solid, and I loved the bulletproof vest on Laurence's model.

I don't know if Prajje's design was horrible but he definitely deserved to be on the bottom.

I thought the male models was a nice touch, and my favorites were Laurence's and Brittany's models. They were both very cute.

by Anonymousreply 219August 25, 2023 10:24 AM

I commented above based on the final touch look, and not the runway.

Having just watched the runway, I feel like the solid top three were Brittany, Rami, and Bishme. All three looks were gorgeous, and personally I would wear every single one of those outfits.

The fit on all three models was just perfection, as were the colors.

Between Prajje and Laurence, I would have sent Laurence home.

Her design was much too simple and it looked unfinished.

I don't really see what was the issue with Prajje's design, because it looked well constructed. I think the worst part of it was the color, but other than that, I think his design was better than Laurence's.

by Anonymousreply 220August 25, 2023 10:33 AM

I'm glad the judges kept saying that Brittany's look was "referential" and "borrowed," because all I could think of when I saw her design was that Harry Styles has worn something similar, a few times before.

Brittany's a copycat but I guess it worked for her this time, because Prajje and Laurence put out absolute crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221August 25, 2023 10:45 AM

Considering the viewership for Project Runway, it boggled my mind when Nina proclaimed that this was the first time a challenge for a runway look for male models had ever been done. Clearly, they've never understood their audience.

by Anonymousreply 222August 25, 2023 1:15 PM

It was the first time, R222? I swear they’ve had them before. I guess Nina should know though…

It was time for Praije to go. He was my least favorite. He kind of lacks taste. Laurence skated by because of her past wins. And because Praije made an Aladdin Halloween costume. His look just needed the shoes with the curled up toes.

Rami’s look was oof. It looked like what a Hare Krishna would wear in white. It was just awful.

Really, Bishme should have won. He and Brittany had looks that most fit the challenge, but you know Brit went, “hey, I saw Harry Styles wear this…” and off she went.

by Anonymousreply 223August 25, 2023 1:30 PM

With the latest outrageous Hollywood red carpet looks worn by young stars like Harry, Timmy and others, anything goes now and this challenge should have been a no-brainer for all of the designers. Tailoring didn't even have to enter into it as jackets and even trousers are now optional.

Bishme's hat, besides looking silly and badly made, seemed like such an odd choice to me. Wouldn't a red carpet look require that the wearer's face be seen?

I was quite pleased with Laurence's lack of a shirt on her model, but I think if the outfit needed another element it could have worked with a shirt of black very sheer fabric, maybe even lightly beaded for some glitz. Also, wonder if the kilt would have worked better in a dark earth tone instead of the corporate blue? Or maybe made of a very dark brocade fabric if a more theatrical look was desired.

by Anonymousreply 224August 25, 2023 2:21 PM

I thought Nina said this was the first time they used male models for a red carpet look. They've had challenges that involved menswear before but this was for the red carpet. I swear everything needs to be A FIRST! these days.

by Anonymousreply 225August 25, 2023 2:58 PM

Bishme’s model was SO HOT. I wonder who he is…

by Anonymousreply 226August 25, 2023 4:37 PM

Yeah, it's too bad you never saw my face on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 227August 25, 2023 6:41 PM

Once Bishme's model took off the PIMP hat, you could see his face.

It's weird because I didn't notice how handsome his face was, until the runway.

Maybe the hair was distracting or something.

But I was like "meh" when I saw Bishme's model in the work room. But once he took off the green hat on the runway, I was like, "Hey, he's handsome."

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 228August 25, 2023 7:44 PM

So who's not going to make it to the finale? They've all been hit or miss but Rami has been pretty consistent since his gorgeous ass almost got sent home.

by Anonymousreply 229August 25, 2023 7:57 PM

Did anyone else notice the shade that Prajje threw at Korto?

"I'm going to go out with class and dignity."

Rofl.

After Korto went out with bitterness and vitriol.

He was like, "That bitch looks ugly, and I'm not going out like that."

by Anonymousreply 230August 25, 2023 8:02 PM

Don't they often decide that all 4 finalists will do a runway show because they're "all just too talented"???

If they do narrow it down to 3 I'd bet Rami goes home next week. He's really just not a very interesting designer.

by Anonymousreply 231August 26, 2023 1:05 AM

[quote]I loved Laurence's look and disagreed with everything to which the judges objected. Well, maybe the loafers were the wrong choice (lace up boots would have helped) but not so awful. That model was so hot, very androgynous in the sexiest way and the outfit suited him perfectly.

Agree with every word of this about Laurence’s look.

by Anonymousreply 232August 27, 2023 1:26 AM

Bishme and Laurence’s looks just needed a little tweaking and they would be fine. Am loathe to say it but I liked Brittany’s look except for the overused slits up the front of each pant leg. She’s done that twice already. But her look went well with her model’s curly ringlets. Rami had an idea but it didn’t fit his model well and made his upper body look boxy. They gave it to him because he hadn’t won all season and they didn’t want to make it too obvious that Bishme is going to win the season. It was past time for Prajje to go.

by Anonymousreply 233August 27, 2023 2:56 AM

Laurence's look was totally wrong for a red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 234August 27, 2023 3:21 AM

People are fawning over that outfit only because Laurence's model was hot.

If it were on an unattractive guy, they would have said she deserved to be on the bottom.

Stupid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 235August 27, 2023 3:28 AM

Would it be the wrong look for a Marvel movie red carpet. r234? I could sure see someone like Chris Hemsworth or Idris Elba pulling it off. Certainly more than Brittany, Rami or Bishme's looks.

by Anonymousreply 236August 27, 2023 3:29 AM

R236, no Marvel superhero would have worn a dress. Call it a kilt, a skirt. Never.

by Anonymousreply 237August 27, 2023 3:39 AM

R236 - neither of those two are wearing that outfit. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 238August 27, 2023 11:17 AM

What movie stars would wear Bishme's look? Rami's look? Brittany's look?

by Anonymousreply 239August 27, 2023 12:48 PM

Harry Styles already wore Brittany’s, R239.

by Anonymousreply 240August 27, 2023 1:02 PM

I could see Lil Nas X wearing Bishme’s.

by Anonymousreply 241August 27, 2023 2:45 PM

Prince would have worn Bishme’s. Or Brittany’s. No one past or present is wearing Rami’s, except maybe the Dalai Lama. I still can’t believe he won that challenge.

by Anonymousreply 242August 27, 2023 3:00 PM

Men would wear Rami's design.

It's basically a tunic, as Nina mentioned.

A tunic with flair.

Indian men wear this all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 27, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote]What movie stars would wear Bishme's look? Rami's look? Brittany's look?

When I saw Bishme’s outfit, I immediately could see either Billy Porter or Lil Nas X fighting over it.

by Anonymousreply 244August 28, 2023 12:10 AM

You really think Billy Porter would wear an outfit that obscures his face?

by Anonymousreply 245August 28, 2023 1:41 AM

I think if Billy was willing to wear this, he might be willing to wear Bishme's:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 28, 2023 2:29 AM

Also this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 28, 2023 2:29 AM

So will there be a final three or final four???

I hope Rami doesn't go home.

by Anonymousreply 248September 1, 2023 2:01 AM

Well Bishme was lucky Christian gave him advice on the hat since that's the only thing the judges loved. I'm guessing they're going to put all four through since, so far, they're not wild about anything they've seen.

by Anonymousreply 249September 1, 2023 2:13 AM

I was wrong!

by Anonymousreply 250September 1, 2023 2:31 AM

Ack, R250!!!!

No!!!!

I hope either Laurence or Brittany goes home.

Please don't let it be Bishme or Rami.

That would totally suck. But since Project Runway judges always go in the opposite direction from my own judging, I'm guessing it's Rami or Bishme that goes home.

by Anonymousreply 251September 1, 2023 2:40 AM

So who went home?

by Anonymousreply 252September 1, 2023 4:04 AM

****SPOILER*****

Rami went home.

by Anonymousreply 253September 1, 2023 5:47 AM

Goddammit!

I really hate those fucking judges.

by Anonymousreply 254September 1, 2023 6:13 AM

I really disliked all four looks.

Laurence had to the best body of work all season long. So she was a shoo in.

I actually think Brittany's was the best (not saying much) of the week. She earned a spot. I guess.

I really, really hated Bishme's look. I agreed with Christian: It was so Batgirl.

But I also really hated Rami's look (and I wanted to love it as I wanted him to go through).

I guess they got it right in the end. But what a terrible last runway.

by Anonymousreply 255September 1, 2023 7:39 AM

Rami's look was a mess. The avant-garde challenges are always stupid because the judges can't even agree what that means.

by Anonymousreply 256September 1, 2023 7:59 AM

I can't believe Bishme won after the judges criticized his look while they praised Laurence. The guest judge 'stylist' was a nasty cunt. Did Rami deserve to go home? Yes. I thought Brittney's was fun but might have been even more fun in a brighter color. I liked Laurence's the best.

by Anonymousreply 257September 1, 2023 12:45 PM

Laurence should have won.

by Anonymousreply 258September 1, 2023 12:52 PM

[quote] Well Bishme was lucky Christian gave him advice on the hat since that's the only thing the judges loved. I'm guessing they're going to put all four through since, so far, they're not wild about anything they've seen.

Totally agree R249. If PR comes back, they need to reign Christian in and explain the difference between mentoring and telling.

He basically won the challenge for Bishme. Without the hat, he would have gone home.

by Anonymousreply 259September 1, 2023 1:11 PM

R259, I lost a little respect for Bishme when he received praise for the originality of the hat and he didn’t credit Christian with the idea.

by Anonymousreply 260September 1, 2023 4:42 PM

I thought Bishme’s looked flimsy and cheap, but Rami’s was worse. Two weeks in a row with puckering seams and poor fabric.

I liked Brittany’s fine, and Laurence’s was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 261September 1, 2023 5:00 PM

So the judges chastise Bishme for referencing another designer in his look then bring it up again and make a big deal about originality and then.......they gave Bishme the win over Laurence who gave them an original look. Korto was right. The judges are inconsistent.

by Anonymousreply 262September 1, 2023 6:37 PM

I liked Bishme's design.

He really is the only one who ever listens to the challenges, and goes at it with creativity.

The others just keep doing the same thing over, and over.

Brittany and her stupid athleisure wear (because it's in her DNA - in case you didn't hear her the first 100 times), Laurence with her same old leather skirts/gowns/oufits, and Rami with his old woman draped gowns.

They all just keep doing the same thing, but with a little tweak to fit the challenge.

Truly, Bishme is the only one who changes it up from challenge to challenge. And his use of color is my favorite thing. Not just the typical colors, but he goes for deep colors, shiny colors, and things that really stand out. He's the most creative of any of the remaining designers.

That said, I think I would love to have seen Hester, Kara Saun, Prajje, and Anna present at Fashion Week.

From this seasons designers, I think that these four had the most interesting designs, love them or hate them.

And I think they would have had the best shows.

by Anonymousreply 263September 1, 2023 6:42 PM

Finale guest judges are Billy Porter and Zac Posen.

Brittany, you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 264September 1, 2023 6:45 PM

Bishme's dress was constructed very well. That was ultimately was the difference between the two. that said I hated to see Rami go.

by Anonymousreply 265September 1, 2023 9:04 PM

What’s Zac Posen up to these days after his business went bust? I can’t tell if he’s liked in the design industry or not. I know Tim Gunn doesn’t care for him.

by Anonymousreply 266September 1, 2023 9:15 PM

I was always in Rami's corner, but I could not excuse that dress last night. He always falls back on a draped dress with diagonal seams. He should have gone bonkers to create something that was miles away from his aesthetic. That would have gotten him praise. He played it too safe, and not well, at that.

The stylist judge had a stiff hairbrush stuck up his ass. Who did he think he was? He's no celebrity to me, at least not in the way celebrity used to be defined.

by Anonymousreply 267September 2, 2023 2:18 AM

Haha, I laughed at the look Law Roach gave Brittney’s look, so bored. Poor Rami, everyone loves him but that gown was so bad. He’s always been terrible at choosing fabric, picks the drabbest colors. Beige, gray.

Bishme has done a lot of gowns for his clients, I hope that’s what he shows in the final. Laurence has to do leather but take it up to 11. Brittney, will do puffers and jumpsuits with a lot of straps (snore).

Yes I would’ve liked to see what Hester and Kara Saun would’ve done.

Wait…would Rami have made a decoy collection? I forget when this was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 268September 2, 2023 10:41 PM

I've never gotten the judges' love for Bishme and this week was no exception. That hooped circle thing hooked onto the model's back looked totally inorganic and clumsy. The dress looked like something you'd buy cheap on Amazon for a Halloween costume as Batgirl. The cap (thanks, Christian!) sorta saved it.

And I can't imagine who Bishme's client will be even with all the advantages he would get if he wins the competition (and I'm betting he will, undeservedly).

Who the fuck is gonna buy his shit? Who are his customers?

Rami just can't succeed moving out of his comfort zone, he really only does well with Grecian draped gowns in neutral colors for older ladies. His gown this week was truly embarrassing.

I've come to appreciate Brittany more with each challenge. I think the fact that she works her aesthetic into each challenge is a plus. I can totally imagine her clientele. But she ain't gonna win this thing.

I agree with Nina's final assessment of Laurence. Though she didn't use the word dour, there's something just a little sour and dour and joyless that hangs over everything Laurence does and keeps her work from being really spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 269September 3, 2023 1:33 AM

Brittany shouldn't have made it this far..

All their avant-garde looks can't hold a candle to previous years.

by Anonymousreply 270September 3, 2023 3:12 PM

So, is next week's episode the final of the season? Will we get to see Christian visiting each of the finalists in their studio?

by Anonymousreply 271September 3, 2023 3:56 PM

to be honest, I don't think any serious $ investors would be willing to gamble on building a brand with any of the finalists . They are all competent but no real break out talent.

by Anonymousreply 272September 3, 2023 4:37 PM

Brittany got a pass because Rami’s construction was so bad, and because his looks aren’t trendy. Didn’t last season’s winner do a big puffer with long sleeves? I swear, you want to get ahead on this show, make a puffer.

by Anonymousreply 273September 3, 2023 4:39 PM

There was a guy in the top 3 on Next In Fashion who kept making giant puffers too. I'm not sure who is wearing all these giant jackets with sleeves dragging the ground. OK - maybe for an album cover. But is it practical for real life? I've had sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 274September 3, 2023 5:20 PM

I have never been a Brittany fan but I do think she did some excellent work this season. And she's not nearly as annoying as she used to be. Does she deserve to be in the final three? Not really but, let's face it, it was a lousy season and she did a lot better than Rami.

by Anonymousreply 275September 3, 2023 7:58 PM

Brittany did better than Rami because she’s far more commercial. Her streetwear would sell in volumes. Rami’s Grecian gowns? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 276September 3, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]I'm not sure who is wearing all these giant jackets with sleeves dragging the ground.

“It’s quite editorial” - Nina Garcia, and ONLY Nina Garcia.

STFU already with this editorial shit.

by Anonymousreply 277September 3, 2023 11:21 PM

Bishme’s look wasn’t editorial. It was the same dress he’s made several times already, only in a shiny fabric. Nina going on about how unexpected to see it in purple was laughable.

by Anonymousreply 278September 4, 2023 12:07 AM

R269, The aura around Laurence is that feeling of "too good for the room."

by Anonymousreply 279September 4, 2023 2:15 AM

It seems that way R279, but I think that Laurence is just incredibly insecure.

Just like Korto, but for different reasons.

Have you noticed that neither of them smiles very much?

They just don't seem to be very happy people.

by Anonymousreply 280September 4, 2023 2:22 AM

Are you a dark-skinned Black woman, r280?

by Anonymousreply 281September 4, 2023 3:39 AM

I like Laurence’s reserve. I like that she doesn’t scream and clap like a seal at every grade z celebrity they trot out as a judge. She’s the opposite of Brittney.

by Anonymousreply 282September 4, 2023 12:15 PM

Laurence can be haughty and dour at times, but she is French, after all. Korto is much more unpleasant...a professional victim who is actually a bully. I don't see Laurence as a shit-stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 283September 4, 2023 12:18 PM

r280 did you really just "you would be so much prettier if you smiled?" Laurent? Wow. Some people are just not ON all the time.

by Anonymousreply 284September 4, 2023 3:12 PM

I just think Laurence is not an excitable person. It’s not that she’s emotionally detached, she’s just reserved. Plenty of people like that in the world. I identify more with her than Brittany. I feel like the Brittanys of the world are often the fakest. Not that I think Brittany is fake, but her personality would push me away.

by Anonymousreply 285September 4, 2023 3:23 PM

In terms of personalities, Laurence would be the one I’d most want to hang with.

by Anonymousreply 286September 4, 2023 5:24 PM

Laurence is an introvert, which doesn't make for great reality tv.

by Anonymousreply 287September 4, 2023 5:25 PM

Actually, I think Laurence has been smiling more and warming to the camera in recent episodes. Or maybe it's just due to the smaller group that allows the camera to focus on her through different moods.

by Anonymousreply 288September 4, 2023 5:37 PM

Have you heard her story? Her father disowned her because she got pregnant at 16. She was kicked out and had to put herself through fashion school. To this day her family does not talk to her, I would be fucked up too.

by Anonymousreply 289September 6, 2023 5:15 PM

Laurence is also model gorgeous (in addition to being a damn good designer and all the family drama).

So she probably really does feel she's better than her fellow cast mates!

by Anonymousreply 290September 6, 2023 5:52 PM

Yeah - 'Larry' is quite striking in her appearance. Very refined features and great bone structure. The pictures they've shown of her when younger - a real knockout. She sure doesn't look 47. I forget which episode it was but she was wearing some sort of capri pant with black super-high heels and looked super chic. The finale is Thursday - I suspect Bishme will win because of his new/fresh/now/hip/young vibe. Fashion is only new/fresh/now/hip/young for a moment - until the next cycle. Fashion is really nothing more than 'hey look at me'.

by Anonymousreply 291September 6, 2023 8:17 PM

"Black don't crack!"

by Anonymousreply 292September 6, 2023 10:39 PM

Apparently they only get a very short time to make their final collections. So it will be disappointing and that will be the END of Project Runway.

by Anonymousreply 293September 6, 2023 10:45 PM

Finales are usually in 2 parts. This season it will be one 90 minute episode. Good. Let's just get this over with.

by Anonymousreply 294September 7, 2023 12:24 AM

I wonder if they will tell us truthfully how long the designers had to create their collection. Or has that been announced already?

by Anonymousreply 295September 7, 2023 3:07 AM

You know, it doesn’t add excitement or drama to me when they make the designers rush. I’d rather give them more time at Mood and watch their process of picking out fabrics than Christian’s yelling, ‘five minutes designers!’

by Anonymousreply 296September 7, 2023 3:42 AM

As someone in the fashion business, I refuse to believe the time limits they're given are real. Even 2 days is just not enough time, especially when there's only one fitting. I also don't see how $700 at Mood (where I shop all the time) would get them what they need for most of their challenges. The cheapest fabrics these days are at least $40/yard.

by Anonymousreply 297September 7, 2023 3:48 AM

R296, Seems it's always a variation of "Think. Ponder. Design. Think. Ponder. NEOPRENE!"

by Anonymousreply 298September 7, 2023 10:25 AM

Neoprene is a shortcut I think. They want to create something with volume or a shape but they don’t have time to do a proper structure with boning or buckram or whatever so they get a similar effect with neoprene.

PR is a reality show first and foremost but all the viewers are people interested in fashion design who hate the stressed out, sleep deprived one-day-challenge bs.

by Anonymousreply 299September 7, 2023 11:07 AM

I happened to watch the French version of PR, and all designs were dire. i was really surprised, as I thought at least the French would amp it up. And there was only one season , 8 years ago. The building the atelier was in was stunning though- it had the same interior structure as the Bradbury building in L.A., with a gorgeous stained glass ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 300September 7, 2023 1:01 PM

Truly excellent article about PR and its future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301September 8, 2023 12:25 AM

If you can't access the vulture article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302September 8, 2023 12:28 AM

So who won?

by Anonymousreply 303September 8, 2023 12:31 AM

I hate how they’re making them do their final collection in 8 days. Too torturous.

by Anonymousreply 304September 8, 2023 1:13 AM

I actually love that they're doing 8 looks in 8 days. Especially since they have experienced helpers. Damn! Loved Christian's atelier.

by Anonymousreply 305September 8, 2023 1:16 AM

This cfda guy is creepy

by Anonymousreply 306September 8, 2023 1:35 AM

Did Brittany really need to put that lumpy model in a tight mini dress that accentuated her rolls and gut?

by Anonymousreply 307September 8, 2023 1:57 AM

Lawrence's lumpy model also suffered in her green leather 2 piece mini dress. These designers have never really learned to design for plus-sized models.

by Anonymousreply 308September 8, 2023 2:49 AM

Laurence fucked up by including that ill fitting suit. Otherwise, I thought she had the best collection.

by Anonymousreply 309September 8, 2023 3:38 AM

Korto was there!

by Anonymousreply 310September 8, 2023 3:39 AM

Bishme. I’ve had sufficient. We know your sister died.

I wasn’t impressed with his collection at all, except for the top of his final gown.

I know I’m in the minority, but I liked Brittney’s. Those pants!

Laurence’s red dress was wonderful.

You could tell Elaine did not like Britney’s how she responded to Billy Porter giving her 8/8.

by Anonymousreply 311September 8, 2023 5:41 AM

[quote] Lawrence's lumpy model also suffered in her green leather 2 piece mini dress. These designers have never really learned to design for plus-sized models.

Here's what I've come to realize, ever since Project Runway began including plus-sized models:

There should not be any plus size models. At least, not on the runway.

I have no problem with designers using plus-sized models in commercials and in advertising, but they just don't belong in the runway.

There is a specific reason why designers use thin and tall models, and it's because they make clothing look good.

If you go back and watch this season, you'll see that the majority of designers who got eliminated, used a larger sized model. And that's not just opinion. It's fact.

Larger models put designers at a huge disadvantage because it takes more material and more time to design for them. And don't even get me started on the amount of time it takes to do a proper fitting.

by Anonymousreply 312September 8, 2023 7:42 AM

Elaine was shut down by Nina and Zac regarding Brittany’s looks. I enjoyed that!

by Anonymousreply 313September 8, 2023 7:43 AM

I also noticed this fact R312. Zaftig models don't belong on the PR runway because they don't show well compared to thin models. It then becomes something way short of being a level playing field. It is fact and they would be smart to do away with them. This is a competition and the use of a hefty body is a losing proposition.

Remember way back when Christian Siriano was competing? I think the challenge was designing a prom dress for a teen girl, and Siriano was paired with a short, chubby girl. His dress was tragic with a full skirt and lots of ruffles. It made her look even fatter than she was. The dress was too short, and to make matters worse, the back of the dress was a few inches shorter than the front. It was a disaster, and I really felt that he should have gone home that day, and he came so close to it. I think a lot of viewers felt that way. The result would have been an early departure and he'd have never gone on to win the show. His life would have been so different had he gone home that day. That's how close he came to being a nobody.

This season I noticed the fat girls were mainly modeling very tight clothes. These outfits were so form fitting that even I was embarrassed having to watch them on my TV in full display. This really just needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 314September 8, 2023 8:52 AM

Where was Brandon? And where did Zac Poser get all that hair?

by Anonymousreply 315September 8, 2023 10:43 AM

How dare Brandon not show up for the finale!?! WTF?

After Tim Gunn's delicious takedown of Zac Posen I can never watch/listen to Zac again.

And Billy Porter? He was so tiresome and uncritical of everything. He just sat there and agreed with the other judges.

I had no doubt Bishme would win even if it was totally undeserved. This was a decision made before the first episode. His designs were the weakest, didn't even look like a cohesive collection. Those 2 white outfits were lame. And no mention from the judges that the model in the finale gown had to pick it up in front in order to walk?

I wish Brittany had used some brighter neon colors and/or a couple more bold graphic patterns in a few more of her outfits. Still don't think she would have won but it would have made for a more sensational presentation.

Laurence should have won this thing.

by Anonymousreply 316September 8, 2023 1:13 PM

2 of Bishme's designs looked like they were made out of rag rugs from the $1 store. I don't think Brittany expected to win but she wisely showcased her athletic leisurewear designs which will most certainly help her business grow. She presented an eye popping and fun collection that stood out.

by Anonymousreply 317September 8, 2023 1:30 PM

Those 2 rag rug outfits were embarrassing. Dated and hardly young and hip. I mean, c'mon, Nina! Really?

by Anonymousreply 318September 8, 2023 1:49 PM

Agree that Laurence should have won. Bishme to me had the weakest collection insofar as it wasn’t cohesive. And really, he didn’t offer anything new. Laurence and Brittany are definitely niche and may not survive without evolving or pushing outside their niche markets, but I’ve seen all Bishme’s looks before. I didn’t see much in his collection that was particularly visionary. Yes, nice clothes, but that’s about it. I wonder how much influence the CDA-keeper had.

by Anonymousreply 319September 8, 2023 1:56 PM

I didn't catch the whole season, but some of the editorializing started to grate. Rami described one of his designs as free-flowing because, being Palestinian, he understands what it's like to have his movement restricted. (In his defense, I think this challenge required the designs to be inspired by "home." But still.) And Kara Saun's lingerie piece "inspired" by the Tulsa Massacre. What? It looked vaguely 1920s, but that's the only connection I could find.

by Anonymousreply 320September 8, 2023 2:02 PM

This season definitely tried to bring the "drama" with each designer's back (sob) stories instead of workroom bitchiness. And thus, Bishme won.

by Anonymousreply 321September 8, 2023 2:04 PM

I wasn't blown away by any of them, though loved individual pieces. Loved the white coat Laurence did, that was brought back for the judging, but I thought it was strange that she didn't use it for her finale look, which I didn't love. And I also couldn't understand why they never mentioned Bishme's finale look having to be held up to walk.

by Anonymousreply 322September 8, 2023 3:38 PM

R322. That's why it's called the Anxiety gown. Walking in it makes you anxious.

by Anonymousreply 323September 8, 2023 3:45 PM

I can't hardly watch competition shows anymore because of the endless sob stories. I am very sorry Bishme's sister died. Truly. But, my god, don't do the show if you're not ready and haven't grieved.

Laurence should have won, fwiw.

by Anonymousreply 324September 9, 2023 6:44 AM

Bishme is a likeable guy, but everything he turns out still feels like student work to me. Too gimmicky and referential. Laurence is the most sophisticated. I really didn't like her finale collection in her first season, but I think she redeemed herself here.

by Anonymousreply 325September 9, 2023 11:14 AM

R324, I suspect reality show producers are responsible for almost all of the emphasis on tragic back stories. They know what makes for compelling tv to many viewers and they prod the contestants to keep talking about the things that make them emotional.

by Anonymousreply 326September 9, 2023 12:51 PM

The judges seemed weary of Kara's backstories. By the time she got to her last runway challenge and starting talking about how the charity she created inspired her design Elaine said (as nicely as she could) 'that's great but let's talk about your design.'. Then they sent her home.

by Anonymousreply 327September 9, 2023 1:54 PM

I thought Bishme’s collection was terrible. He made that one BIG GOWN but the rest was meh or tacky.

by Anonymousreply 328September 9, 2023 4:02 PM

Laurence's green dress on the plus sized model looked like a crumpled up grocery bag. The white outfit with the pointy tits, lol, the camera cut away from that one real fast. Bishme's white draped dresses were awkward. I didn't realize them getting only 8 days for the finale was a tradition for All Stars. I suppose we could blame the crappiness on the time limit but how much time did they have in between the finale and the previous episode? Seems like they had time to formulate ideas. I'm surprised how stumped Laurence was in the workroom.

by Anonymousreply 329September 9, 2023 4:40 PM

Just watched Christian's NYFW runway show online and he used several larger models. The show itself wasn't very impressive. Bishme will also have a runway show.

by Anonymousreply 330September 9, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote]This season I noticed the fat girls were mainly modeling very tight clothes. These outfits were so form fitting that even I was embarrassed having to watch them on my TV in full display. This really just needs to end.

Perhaps the designers need to take into account the size of the model and what would look good on her body, rather than catering to their own idea that everyone, no matter the size, will look beautiful in one of their creations.

by Anonymousreply 331September 9, 2023 8:05 PM

Cover up a plus size model and you risk being accused of body shaming.

by Anonymousreply 332September 9, 2023 8:14 PM

Have any of you heard of Max Alexander Fashion Designer? He’s 7 and has an Instagram account called Couture.To.The.Max. His clothes are:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333September 9, 2023 8:27 PM

Hopefully, this show will be canceled. It's so far away from its original purpose.

by Anonymousreply 334September 9, 2023 8:57 PM

Plus sized clothes also inevitably require more than one fitting if they're not shapeless muu-muus.

by Anonymousreply 335September 9, 2023 10:00 PM

One size 16 can be a very different body than another size 16.

Size 16? Yes, I'm being kind.

by Anonymousreply 336September 9, 2023 10:01 PM

[quote] Plus sized clothes also inevitably require more than one fitting if they're not shapeless muu-muus.

And it requires more material, which costs that designer more money than the other designers.

Another unfair disadvantage.

by Anonymousreply 337September 9, 2023 10:09 PM

Then level the playing field by having all plus size models for everyone for one challenge. Like the menswear challenge. Or is that being sizeist?

by Anonymousreply 338September 10, 2023 4:54 PM

I would love to see a 'blind' challenge every once in awhile to check any judge biases.

by Anonymousreply 339September 10, 2023 9:26 PM

Regular-sized models [sic] are easier because no boobs, no hips, tiny waist. Anything can be built-up, exaggerated on them and it will look okay. Plus size has many different shapes, depending on where the weight is carried. Big boobs (triangle) and hourglass are easy-ish. Big hips (pear) is harder and Apple shaped is very, very hard. So if all the models are plus sized—which sometimes happens in the Real Woman challenges—the playing is still not level.

I can’t remember if they said it this season but the initial runway in each episode when the judges pick the tops and bottoms has been “blind” and then they find out who did what. Of course, sometimes it’s easy to tell, especially once the numbers get whittled down.

by Anonymousreply 340September 11, 2023 8:13 PM

I didn't think Brittany would win. As Nina said, athleisure-type wear is kinda fading into oblivion now.

Laurence didn't win, in my opinion, because she doesn't need the mentorship. Bitch can sew a leather garment like no one's business. I didn't mind the green leather 2-piece on the plus-sized model. I actually liked it. I just hope she wasn't eliminated from winning because she left the purple suit in her collection.

Bishme won because he could really use the mentorship. He's a good designer and I liked a lot of his designs this season. I hope he does great things.

by Anonymousreply 341September 11, 2023 9:49 PM

Well, I'll agree with this: Bishme is most in need of mentoring.

by Anonymousreply 342September 11, 2023 9:52 PM

Great article R301, thanks for posting!

by Anonymousreply 343September 12, 2023 1:08 AM

Christian’s latest collection…not so great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 13, 2023 3:25 AM

Man I remember Christian's finale runway- it was so beautiful. This current stuff is so tacky.

by Anonymousreply 345September 13, 2023 4:02 AM

There’s few clunkers, but overall I like it—especially that black and pink ribbon mermaid dress.

by Anonymousreply 346September 13, 2023 4:39 AM

Yes R346! My favorite too!

by Anonymousreply 347September 13, 2023 4:46 AM

Getting back to where we were bitching about fat models, I was not a fan of Christian's see-thru fat girl numbers. Stick with the sticks, Christian.

by Anonymousreply 348September 13, 2023 4:49 AM

RE thin models: I don't even understand why it's so controversial. Stick thin people wear clothes better than non stick thin people. IF the point is to showcase the clothes!

I find skinny men very unattractive sexually. So it has nothing to do with sex appeal or over all worth or anything like that. It's just the body type that shows off the merchandise best. Simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 349September 13, 2023 6:41 AM

His male models are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 350September 13, 2023 6:44 AM

Korto presented a collection at NYFW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351September 14, 2023 2:54 PM

I think Elane is the worst addition to the judging panel. She adds no valid opinion. She just goes "I could see this at the club." Okay Elane we get it you are a clubgoer. They should add Law Roach. He at least gives an honest opinion.

by Anonymousreply 352September 14, 2023 4:35 PM

Korto's collection lived. It took up space. It was present.

by Anonymousreply 353September 14, 2023 8:02 PM

r351 Cut-Toe's collection was pretty snappy - she's got what it takes!

by Anonymousreply 354September 14, 2023 8:20 PM

Hey Viola, I never realized until you posted at R353 that your initials are VD.

How...... perfect.

by Anonymousreply 355September 14, 2023 8:24 PM

"I wouldn't mind being Streisand if not for the initials but it's better than being Vic Damone."

by Anonymousreply 356September 14, 2023 9:11 PM

I like Cut-toe's collection. It's her I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 357September 15, 2023 6:08 AM

Korto sounds off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 17, 2023 5:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!