Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marianne Williamson: Why Can’t You Give Me the Respect I’m Entitled To?!

The Right is so much nicer to her. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2023 10:12 PM

[quote]The Right is so much nicer to her.

They tend to be like that with useful idiots, yes.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2023 3:49 PM

Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2023 3:50 PM

“a self-help guru who won’t get help,” in the words of one ex-staffer.

by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2023 3:52 PM

cont.

The litany of alleged Williamson offenses is so extensive that “yelling is almost the least fatal for her,” one former aide said.

by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2023 3:53 PM

cont.

When asked why they joined the campaign after hearing about Williamson’s reputation for poor management, one of the former aides said they felt blinded by the candidate’s celebrity. “People join up as fans, and then they get burned,” the former staffer said. “She burns through people quickly.”

by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2023 3:56 PM

R5, just give us a link.

by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2023 3:59 PM

[quote] one of the former aides said they felt blinded by the candidate’s celebrity.

^ what a loser

[quote][R5], just give us a link.

I'm worried it might be a rightist website (though I don't know) and I'm not in the mood for the shit slinging.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2023 4:01 PM

Why doesn't this bitch just join the No Labels grift and stop being some pretend Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2023 4:02 PM

“a self-help guru who won’t get help,”

Great one liner, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2023 4:02 PM

“People join up as fans, and then they get burned,” the former staffer said. [bold]“She burns through people quickly.”[/bold]

LOL

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2023 4:03 PM

Cunt.

Stink Shit.

Pig Fucker Motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2023 4:06 PM

I love OP's link.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2023 4:07 PM

She’s a bad community actress. She’s so cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2023 4:09 PM

She’s a bad community theater actress. She’s so cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2023 4:09 PM

Fruitcake grifter

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2023 4:10 PM

She’s looking to have her own Fox News show.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 4:10 PM

"The Right is so much nicer to me...." is not the way to make progress in running for the Democratic nomination, which she says she's doing.

Not the brightest penny in the pocket....

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 4:13 PM

She's right.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 4:47 PM

R18 She's Right.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 4:50 PM

She rose during the AIDS crisis when there were no answers and she, like Louise Hay, seemed to have something spiritual to hang on to while we waited for a cure. Without a doubt she has a certain amount of in-person charisma that seems lost on media. That's what helped her accrue followers like honey accrues flies. But living in LA, I have heard stories about her that would make you run. Needy to the max and relentlessly self-focused and ambitious, with no regard for other people's boundaries and rights, especially her minions. Desperate for fame and attention and convinced that she is the second coming. Uses you and discards you as soon as you serve no purpose for her anymore. Prone to intense fits of drama, has left a trail of disillusioned and betrayed "corpses" in her wake. In other words, everything you need in a politician.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote]“a self-help guru who won’t get help,” in the words of one ex-staffer.

The "ex-staffer" is a gay male - am I right?

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 5:06 PM

She used to incorporate funny into her intensity. That seems to have gone.

by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 5:08 PM

The left challenges her crazy claims and asks for accountability and she's torn up by that.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 5:09 PM

"Gurl, puhlease!' said one gay ex-staffer.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]The left challenges her crazy claims and asks for accountability and she's torn up by that.

In simple terms - they don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2023 5:11 PM

"Gurl, puhlease!' said one gay ex-staffer, heading for the door.

by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2023 5:11 PM

Dear Jason....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2023 5:14 PM

Right wing media lets her yammer on with her new age wackiness, which only scores them points with their deplorable viewers. Bonus points if she also insults the left and calls them intolerant.

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2023 5:16 PM

Bingo r28.

by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2023 5:17 PM

What a fragile little snowflake. She wants to be POTUS?!?

"They're being so MEAN to me! Waaaaah!"

Marianne, dear, we don't like you. We never liked you. The Democratic Party doesn't want you to run for anything, ever. If you continue to bullshit your way into serious political matters in this country, we will continue to mock and/or ignore you.

by Anonymousreply 30June 1, 2023 5:25 PM

Actually I don't see what's so terrible about that message @ R27 - a bit sarcastic - but apparently people went crazy posting it around.

by Anonymousreply 31June 1, 2023 5:26 PM

OMG. Go away!

I’m sure she’s lovely, but hard pass as a candidate!

by Anonymousreply 32June 1, 2023 5:30 PM

The clip is from 2019.

by Anonymousreply 33June 1, 2023 5:32 PM

As the clip is so old it clearly didn't put her off.

by Anonymousreply 34June 1, 2023 5:34 PM

Why don't you run as a Republican then, Marianne?

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 5:41 PM

Marianne, honey, you look like this to us.

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 5:53 PM

Yeah, I'm sure she's lovely in a bitter, high-strung, nasty, "I'm fucking spiritual you losers!" kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 5:54 PM

Shit. I forgot the clip of how we see Marianne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 5:57 PM

That clip is horrible. I laughed so hard when I first saw the movie, now, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 6:04 PM

Try re-watching the whole film, r39. It's a real horror show.

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 6:30 PM

What a loon.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 6:37 PM

Sentient chardonnay glass.

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 6:40 PM

Have any of you actually heard her speak? Read her political books? How about taking a look at her website which outlines her platform. There's no actual criticism here, just gossip and schoolyard name calling. This thread reads like a Russian troll circle jerk.

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 6:40 PM

[quote]Have any of you actually heard her speak? Read her political books?

There are books? As you have, please link and maybe give us a brief review.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 6:43 PM

[quote]There's no actual criticism here, just gossip and schoolyard name calling.

Oh honey. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to waste soaking up the spiritual vibrations of this sentient glass of chardonnay.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 6:44 PM

[quote]Read her political books?

I can't imagine for a minute that there's a single person on here who's interested, but, most people don't have R43's intellect.

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 6:45 PM

R43 The bitch HAS NO PLATFORM.

She is ignorant of basic facts of geography, history, and foreign relations. Her understanding of global affairs makes Cookie Monster look like Henry Kissinger.

Her answers to even the most basic questions are insultingly vague and pointless, and she redirects technical policy questions back to her emotional bullshit message.

"Ms. Williamson, what would your administration do about the aging two-thirds of the Nuclear Triad, within the confines of New START and the political reality of multi-state defense procurement practices?"

"My deaahhh lady journalist, thank you for youahhh question. I, uh, think it all boils down to loving each other more. We need a president who'll read you a bedtime story. It worked when you were children, did it not?"

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 6:45 PM

R43 = one of her gays.

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 6:46 PM

Or to put it another way, it's similar to "why won't you debate vaccine skeptics on the merits of their arguments?"

Because they're [bold]FUCKING MORONS[/bold], that's why.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 6:46 PM

Marianne does not seem to understand that Fox is propping her up because she's running against Biden without a chance of winning, but can only damage him. In addition, she could be a nasty spoiler if she were ever to run as a third party candidate in a rematch between Biden and Trump especially in swing states where Electoral College votes make all the difference.

If Williamson were to ever actually win the Democratic nomination and run against Trump--which will never happen--Fox would trash the hell out of her.

I like Williamson's new age approach to the world; however, she needs to drop out of the race, support Biden and work to defeat Trump and any other Repigs at all cost.

by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote] This thread reads like a Russian troll circle jerk.

I don't think you need to read Mein Kampf to know Hitler was a monster. Well, that applies to everyone who's in the public eye as well. I'm not saying Williamson is Hitler but we're not in a college class where everyone has to read the materials before commenting. You must be one of her cult followers.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 7:19 PM

so there are 50 comments but only 34 actually viewed the clip

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 7:24 PM

[quote] Have any of you actually heard her speak?

Yes. We all were subjected to her woo-woo vagaries and nonsense when she pretended to run for POTUS.

[quote] Read her political books?

Yes. Well, just one because it was so juvenile, so completely out of touch with reality that one could hardly call them "political" books. It's just more new age crap.

[quote] How about taking a look at her website which outlines her platform.

Yes, I've seen it. There is no actual platform that any serious political thinker would take seriously.

[quote] There's no actual criticism here, just gossip and schoolyard name calling. This thread reads like a Russian troll circle jerk.

The Russian circle jerk is all Williamson's. 'Round and 'round she goes, babbling and meandering along, talking about her feelings, her "thoughts" and other useless ramblings.

Stop jerking it to Marianne Williamson, R43, it's too weird for us.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 7:34 PM

R52, plz. see R47.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 7:45 PM

Felicia, we DO give you all the respect you are entitled to.

none

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 7:56 PM

R52 Gee, I wonder if some of the 50 responders posted more than one comment, or if some of the comments were about Marianne generally, not her specific comments in OP's video.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 8:01 PM

Marianne: Dear, I look at you no differently than Trump, Kari Lake, Larry Elder, and anyone else with ZERO prior political experience thinking they are qualified to be chief executive of the country or a state. YOU. ARE. NOT. QUALIFIED. Nowhere near it, in fact.

There. That's it. You are full of arrogance, ego, and self-importance to think that you can start a political career as the goddamn President of the US. You really expect the voting public to believe that you're ready to represent the world's largest superpower, and be Commander in Chief of the world's largest + most powerful military, while dealing with foreign policy and highly sensitive geopolitical conflicts? Sit your ass down and be quiet. We do not need you being the Ralph Nader/Jill Stein of 2024.

You want to enter politics? Wonderful. Run for city council. Start at an entry level and build on your experience from there. You know, just like how it works in every other fucking industry and how leaders in those spaces look for qualified workers. I know, it's not sexy like POTUS, which is the real reason you're tossing your patchouli-oiled hat in that ring. The sexiness of all that national media coverage. I see you, you crazy narcissistic wing nut.

PS: Not surprised at comments above that she is a "self-help guru incapable of seeking help." Kind of like the people who call themselves "life coaches" yet can't take even a whisper of constructive feedback about themselves. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 8:06 PM

She looks good for almost 71.

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 8:53 PM

Can it at least include Samantha bursting out laughing when Carrie says "I heard you went to London because you felt so bad when I dropped you as publicist for my stupid book. Okay, I didn't hear that. I've been telling it to everybody." I do want that Bitch, Please! conversation.

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2023 9:06 PM

R59, I think you got lost?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2023 9:07 PM

R43 Ummm. She ran in 2016 She was in televised debates. She was interviewed. Her political perspectives are hardly unknown to most "aware" Americans.

by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2023 9:08 PM

Ha, totally r60. On the other hand, if Marianne could use a publicist ...

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote][R52] Gee, I wonder if some of the 50 responders posted more than one comment, or if some of the comments were about Marianne generally, not her specific comments in OP's video.

Gee - how weird of me to expect this thread to be about the actual clip posted and not a general M. Williamson thread. But it's been fun, so I'm not complaining. I love her number one fan aka R43. I wonder if he watched the clip. I think it's GOLD.

by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2023 9:35 PM

She’s very defensive and mildly combative. Yes, she has to be tough, but she needs a lighter touch. (If she was a man, it also applies.) She’s very progressive and I like her policies. Yet, I’m still voting for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2023 10:23 PM

If by some miracle she were president, she'd be floundering all over the place this week, blathering about spirit and light while the Republicans kicked her ass on the debt ceiling and the entire budget.

Sometimes, actual knowledge and experience count. President is not some cute little starter job.

by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2023 2:28 AM

She makes Pete Buttigieg seem like an elder statesman.

Pete is at least incredibly intelligent, curious, and good with details. This woman is a bag of sand. No intellectual heft.

by Anonymousreply 66June 2, 2023 2:11 PM

She gets more attention from the Right because she (wisely) doesn't resort to namecalling and demonizing them for the country's problems in the way that's become so common with the talking heads of the Left. They view her as a lifeline. I see a lot of potential in her efforts to, if not unify the parties, get both to realize we don't have to go to war with each other and there is a common ground to be had.

by Anonymousreply 67June 2, 2023 2:43 PM

R67 She gets more attention from the right because she's an absolutely batshit buffoon, and they think she's exactly what they hate about liberals, and they think she has a chance of embarrassing the president in the primaries next year.

She's a useful idiot to them, a spectacle.

No one views her as a lifeline. No one.

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2023 2:46 PM

[quote]She gets more attention from the Right because she (wisely) doesn't resort to namecalling and demonizing them for the country's problems in the way that's become so common with the talking heads of the Left.

Did you view OP's clip? Go watch it, then come back and backpedal on what you just wrote.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2023 2:52 PM

R67 Because the "Right" is so intent on lowering the heat, being kinder and more conciliatory and ending the Culture War.

Are you high?

by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2023 2:58 PM

So the left demonizes the right? Is demonizing the new name for telling the truth? Think of the demonizing the Trumpian right does, and it's all lies. Trump and his ilk consider telling the truth as demonizing.

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2023 2:59 PM

I can't believe this vitriol. Of course the Right is more responsible than the Left for putting the country in the mess it's currently in, but appealing to their humanity and moving forward with a general consensus of doing what is right for our citizens is going to be more productive in the longterm than continuing the us vs. them narrative in perpetuity. I don't mean compromising with Fascists, I don't mean compromising our morals or agenda, but reestablishing a healthy two party system that is not at total cross purposes with each other every step of the way. She's trying to connect to human beings, not only those who identify as Democrat or Republican. She has my respect.

by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2023 3:08 PM

All that would be true if the right didn't just try to lie and steal the election. They're calling the left sexual groomers, they lie and say the left spent a year burning down cities, and Trump is still out peddling his Big Lie and calling the left cheaters and thieves. When you BEGIN with your opponent coming that way, you have to fight aggressively and "appealing to their humanity" won't cut it.

by Anonymousreply 73June 2, 2023 3:15 PM

[quote]I can't believe this vitriol.

I can. She's an annoying idiot and clearly she's made a lot of the people around her very unhappy. The stories come thick and fast (and many of them from GAY PEOPLE I wouldn't be surprised).

by Anonymousreply 74June 2, 2023 3:16 PM

Looks like she may become the DL class clown. Can't wait for more clips.

by Anonymousreply 75June 2, 2023 3:17 PM

Of course, they’re nice to you. You aren’t standing in their way. Rather, you’re the doormat.

by Anonymousreply 76June 2, 2023 3:18 PM

Vitriol? Stop.

In terms of American politics and discourse in the public sphere about government: Williamson is not a serious person. RFK is not a serious person. Ramaswamy is not a serious person. Trump is a serious person only because he was president and attracts such support.

To point this out, and to repeat the language from these people that is either (or both) unserious or dangerous, is not vitriol.

The single national politician who actually strategizes on how to breach the cultural divide, with blowback from the extremes in his own party, is Biden.

If you want conciliation, support Biden. (I do, though I think he's too old). Williamson believes that anti-depression medication and vaccines kill people. Love is real; reaching into a spiritual core as we look at each other, talk to each other, make decisions together.... is a real goal. Williamson does little to have anyone understand that.

by Anonymousreply 77June 2, 2023 4:02 PM

I wonder if all the attention she gets from her politics improves her book sales in general.

by Anonymousreply 78June 2, 2023 10:07 PM

The desire to have a president who "appeals to our shared humanity" and "bridges the partisan divide" is actually quite a secondary concern among the voters.

It's far, FAR more important to have a chief executive who understands, on day one, how to do the job and how to exercise judgment, restraint, and policy savvy to implement material improvements in the lives of the American people. We need our president to understand how government works, how American politics works, how global affairs work, etc. That's the stuff that matters.

This syrup-over-oatmeal nonsense about making us all feel good again? Leave that bullshit to Oprah Winfrey and a future first lady. Emotional pap like that shouldn't come from the head of state. He or she should be far too busy doing the actual job to be concerned with the emotional state of everyday Americans. Let people manage their own emotions, and let the president manage the government.

by Anonymousreply 79June 2, 2023 10:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!