Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING! Kim Cattrall will return as Samantha for one episode of AJLT

She’s back! For a cameo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518July 10, 2023 2:46 PM

How much $$$?

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2023 8:52 PM

Glad everyone could be adults here and make each other more money. Still be odd to excuse the missed funeral.

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2023 8:53 PM

Good for her she deserves that $$&

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2023 8:55 PM

Lmao r2 no. She wasn’t in America for the funeral. A very logical excuse.

She will only be in one scene and filmed it around the other women, without them.

by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2023 8:56 PM

Fuck her! The show is a mess and her scowling face can't save it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2023 9:00 PM

Wow! How easy will it be for me to miss this?

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 9:01 PM

I VOTE NEIGH

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 9:03 PM

Can you imagine her demands, like, “Miss Parker cannot be anywhere on the vicinity of the set. If Kim so much as catches a whiff of her cigarette smoke, she’s out of there!”

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 9:07 PM

Just saw this news on the Liza Outlives twitter account.

Fantastic news.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 9:08 PM

From what I read, it sounds like no more than the telephone cameos they made Suzanne Sommers do after she violated her Three's Company contracts.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 9:09 PM

I bet she steals Che Diaz from Miranda. Everybody wants Che Diaz!

by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 9:10 PM

[quote]Casey Bloys, the chairman and CEO of HBO and Max content, approached Cattrall about putting her stilettos back on as Samantha, which led to her decision to say yes.

[quote]Cattrall shot her dialogue on March 22 in New York City, without seeing or speaking with the stars of the series, including Sarah Jessica Parker, or with “And Just Like That” showrunner Michael Patrick King.

I wonder what Bloys offered to get her to do this. "Under Bloys, HBO and HBO Max received 140 Emmy nominations across 24 programs this year, including “Succession,” “Euphoria,” “The White Lotus” and “Hacks,” breaking 2019’s previous record of 137 and topping all other networks."

I sort of like the idea of Bloys overriding King and SJP and making this happen. While many will see it as Cattrall backtracking, I think it's the biggest F.U. yet from her to SJP and King because you know the Bloys wanted this and they had to agree.

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 9:11 PM

Well that was a recurring thing r10. This is a one scene cameo she filmed without the other women. You do know they can film scenes of the characters together and the actors do not need to actually be in the room together to film, right?

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 9:11 PM

R12 enough with that Bloys nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 9:12 PM

I gotta say I’m kinda in love with this happening.

It’s the ultimate fuck you to SJP and MPK

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 9:14 PM

I thought that she could have been nicer.

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2023 9:15 PM

R13 I don't understand your point. Those scenes with Chrissy were filmed on a closed set, with no other actors in sight. Those scenes are awful, and they feel tacked on.

I'm surprised they're having her come back to film something that sounds like those Three's Company tags. Why bother?

by Anonymousreply 17May 31, 2023 9:16 PM

Cattrall and Samantha are irreplaceable. But that said, I’d be perfectly happy with them promoting Seema to a lead 4th role. She had Samantha energy and attitude but she was unlucky in love and dates, but she was a great character. So she fits the mood and is different enough that it’s not like they just tried to find a Samantha 2.0. (As long as they don’t try to turn her into a Samantha 2.0).

by Anonymousreply 18May 31, 2023 9:18 PM

R13 my point is that this is nothing like that. That was a very different situation that went on for most of the season. This is one scene. Not a full season, but just one single scene. Nothing like the other situation.

by Anonymousreply 19May 31, 2023 9:19 PM

R19 Read the article, honey chile.

by Anonymousreply 20May 31, 2023 9:20 PM

R18 there is no official 4th role. Like you acknowledged, Samantha isn’t replaceable. They rotated the fourth spot between different characters last season. Believe it or not, that was very respectful to the Samantha character.

by Anonymousreply 21May 31, 2023 9:20 PM

THAT was your point?

by Anonymousreply 22May 31, 2023 9:20 PM

R20 I did. You fucking uneducated baboon. Has mommy cooked you dinner yet? Stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 23May 31, 2023 9:20 PM

Motherfucker still lives with his mom.

by Anonymousreply 24May 31, 2023 9:21 PM

R19 Kim Cattrall is filming a single scene, that we assume will be at the end of an episode. A scene where she's on the phone, shot without the participation of the other actors. THIS COULD NOT BE MORE LIKE THE SUZANNE SOMMERS SITUATION!

by Anonymousreply 25May 31, 2023 9:23 PM

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean, I LOVE the Samantha character and was appalled at what the writers turned her into by the time that second shit show of a movie came around. Apart from the personality drama behind the scenes, I completely understood why Kim was saying, "Fuck you, I'm done." The writers turned a modern, sex-positive New York woman and turned her into a cartoon caricature of herself.

I just saw Kim's new movie "About My Father" over Memorial Day. I thought to myself, "Here is Kim, co-starring with Robert fucking DeNiro, while SJP and the other ladies are check-cashing and trashing what's left of the SATC franchise with that United Colors of Benetton appropriation of women/people of color." Ok, Cynthia Nixon has a very active Broadway career, but still.

I will watch though, just to see Samantha one more time. Nice play, HBO / Max.

by Anonymousreply 26May 31, 2023 9:23 PM

R25 you just said it. A single scene. Not a season filled with scenes.

by Anonymousreply 27May 31, 2023 9:24 PM

R21, I’m aware there is no official 4th lead anymore and I didn’t mind the rotating cast of characters to fill the Samantha void (minus Che. God I can’t believe they’re bringing Che back), but I was saying I wouldn’t mind them promoting Seema to an official lead and having her on the posters with the other original 3. She was the only one that fits in their circle. And the actress nailed it. She and Carrie got off on the wrong foot and she so cooly smoothed things over that they became instant friends. She’s not the new Samantha. She’s the new Seema.

I’ve seen her in Mississippi Masala when she was predicted to be the next big thing and then it never happened and have only seen her in thankless bit parts over the years. So I’m kind of rooting for her to get her big break again. And Seema was awesome and I wouldn’t hate seeing her in every episode and maybe less of the other new friends that didn’t work out. And no more Che Diaz.

They’re practically 60! I don’t want Sex in the City anymore! I want, “Oh God, is it 9:30 Already? I Gotta get to Bed in the City.”

Does anyone else agree with me? Would you like to see Seema get promoted to a spot number four lead role?

by Anonymousreply 28May 31, 2023 9:37 PM

R27 that was not a "Season filled with scenes." It was maybe six episodes to fulfil the letter of her contract. But it's the same thing- a token cameo.

by Anonymousreply 29May 31, 2023 9:40 PM

And I'm in the new Exorcist remake.

by Anonymousreply 30May 31, 2023 9:43 PM

Her one line of dialogue will be "Carrie, eat my snatch, CUNT."

by Anonymousreply 31May 31, 2023 9:45 PM

[quote] [R18] there is no official 4th role.

Are you insane? obviously the 4th role is America's New Sweetheart, Che Diaz.

The final scene will show Miranda walking in to Che's apartment in horror as she catches Che furiously fingerbanging Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 32May 31, 2023 10:30 PM

Che Diaz is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 33May 31, 2023 11:38 PM

LOL maybe they are prepping us for a "Samantha Takes London" series.

by Anonymousreply 34May 31, 2023 11:40 PM

I’d much rather watch THAT r34, instead of whatever this And Just Like That..is.

by Anonymousreply 35June 1, 2023 1:23 AM

If they ever announce a "Samantha in the City," I hope Matthew has a safe room

by Anonymousreply 36June 1, 2023 1:47 AM

She'll always be Lassie to me.

by Anonymousreply 37June 1, 2023 2:30 AM

Good for her. I hope it was a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 38June 1, 2023 2:35 AM

R38 I agree. I didn't watch all of it but AJLT made some good decisions with killing Big, having a more sombre mood, dealing with life's disappointments as we age. They were never going to get the SATC vibe back, especially with the pandemic hangover and no Samantha so good for trying to mature. However, all the "wokery" and tokenism left a bad taste. It was so transparent and cautious.

That said, it was really bitchy to write Samantha out as leaving NY and ignoring her friends (not just Carrie) because Carrie (who were meant to believe is a huge literary figure) dropped her PR. "I'm not an ATM in a wig". As if.

Glad Kim is cashing in, this can feather her nest for retirement & she deserves it. Her character was only iconic because of how great her acting was

by Anonymousreply 39June 1, 2023 6:26 AM

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 40June 1, 2023 6:34 AM

The show is good. Lotta hate for it out there but its still the same old formula with a bunch of attempts at new storylines and characters. The realtor friend and Charlotte's new friend both work, Che and that professor character dont. None of the new characters are funny. Yet.

by Anonymousreply 41June 1, 2023 7:53 AM

The show is not good. It sucks. But it makes for great hate watching threads on here.

by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2023 9:33 AM

Scene Samantha on the phone with Carrie.

Samantha: Hi Carrie, "I just called to say I'm starring in my own spinoff. Buh bye Bitch". and scene.

by Anonymousreply 43June 1, 2023 10:40 AM

You can bet she had script approval. MPK usually likes to give her lines about her aging vagina.

by Anonymousreply 44June 1, 2023 10:58 AM

Just a little work done.

by Anonymousreply 45June 1, 2023 11:09 AM

How did it work in MPK a d SJO were t involved? I'm guessing they knew it was happening ahead of time otherwise someone wrote a scene for her to perform (and presumably Carrie to react to) without approval.

I'm guessing Kim fully approved what the conversation was so it wasn't an embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 46June 1, 2023 1:01 PM

They could really screw Kim over by having a looking for Samantha plotline and use a body double. I hear she's back in town. We just missed her.

by Anonymousreply 47June 1, 2023 1:05 PM

Do we know the exact amount she's getting paid? Good for her, sounds like super easy work - and pretty funny that she's doing it without having to interact with the other ladies.

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2023 1:37 PM

[quote]How did it work in MPK a d SJO were t involved? I'm guessing they knew it was happening ahead of time otherwise someone wrote a scene for her to perform (and presumably Carrie to react to) without approval.

Isn't the scene a phone call, so Kim and SJP could film each of their parts without ever having shared a moment of time on the same set.

Since they'd be reacting to the other person in conversation, it's be hard for them to switch out dialog, but you never know.

SJP and MPK were probably coerced somehow by HBO. Based on the story, the head of programming is the one who made the overture to Kim.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2023 1:37 PM

Isn't SJP a producer on this thing? No way did she not OK this or know it was coming.

by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2023 1:37 PM

Let me guess they gave $3 million dollars for a 3 minute scene.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2023 1:49 PM

R47 in this age of "be kind" and accusations of toxic work environments I don't think they can be seen to shit on the character too much as it looks vengeful. I'm surprised they even put in a jibe about Samantha falling out as she saw Carrie as a cash cow.

As if she's such a lucrative client!

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2023 2:02 PM

[quote] Ok, Cynthia Nixon has a very active Broadway career, but still.

R26, I can't even recall the last time Nixon was on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2023 2:03 PM

I doubt we'll ever know what KC was paid. I think KC would want to keep that secret as it's basically "her price." I imagine it was a lot for the amount of actual work, probably several million per minute of screen time. This is a huge win for both sides. The terms (in particular not seeing the other women at all) reflect on her level of power in these negotiations. Of course it benefits the show and SJP/MPK too, since this is the ultimate "get" and the show floundered through it's first season.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2023 2:06 PM

Very true R54 although if I were the "girls" I'd be a bit embarrassed that Kim only agreed to film a scene of none of them were involved! I guess as well her only agreeing to film one scene instead of several is sign of her power too.

Someone on here suggested they do this for S1 before it hit the screen. Just have her film a few scenes by herself on the phone or Skype and splice them throughout the episodes.

I guess the time and money were right!

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2023 2:15 PM

I agree with the other who've the fact that she agreed to this at all means she was paid BIG BUCKS just for her one brief cameo scene.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2023 2:19 PM

When I first heard the news, I was glad everyone was able to put their differences aside, looking forward to hearing more about filming behind the scenes and whatever niceties where exchanged. Disappointed that's not the case. I think it makes them all look so bad, that they're so desperate to get her without really getting her, that KC was willing to buckle for the right price. The only winner here is KC who gets to cash another check.

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2023 2:21 PM

Considering she was unrecognizable in that shitty DeNiro movie, About My Father, who's going to know it's her?

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2023 2:34 PM

R53-Six years ago in The Little Foxes.

by Anonymousreply 59June 1, 2023 2:36 PM

That hardly constitutes a "very active Broadway career." She's certainly not as ubiquitous on the Great White Way as Audra McDonald or several other Broadway stars.

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2023 2:40 PM

I’ll watch the clip on YouTube, but not an entire episode of this mess of a show.

by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2023 3:00 PM

Two haggard, old cunts who can’t get along to make millions. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2023 3:01 PM

That might be, R62--but HBO is paying themthe millions, so it would be assumed it's making its money back on its investment, otherwise, why do it?

by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2023 3:06 PM

As Kim was part of the success of SATC, whose success allowed AJLT to be commissioned, she deserves some of the spoils. R63 is right, this will inevitably bring in a few more viewers.

by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2023 3:11 PM

So a 66 year old is going to resume her sexy sex obsessed character/role. OK.

What is it about America and old people these days? I thought you were supposed to be youth obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2023 3:48 PM

[quote] So a 66 year old is going to resume her sexy sex obsessed character/role. OK.

Where'd you get that idea, R65? She has a scene that's a phone call. Hardly much of a resumption of anything.

by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2023 3:51 PM

The whole situation still makes me sad.

I grew up really believing all four of them were friends. Every article made it seem like they were, and I believed it with my entire little gay heart.

Finding out things weren't great was a late-in-life situation akin to finding out about Santa.

So disappointing.

Seeing this truncated reunion won't help. It will be even worse than that Good Wife bullshit split screen scene in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2023 4:14 PM

Any other disappointments, R67? - share. PLZ.

by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Will Samantha also have her own emotional support POC?

by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2023 4:43 PM

[quote]R66 She has a scene that's a phone call. Hardly much of a resumption of anything.

Where is it stated it’s a phone call?

They could shoot separately and splice a scene together with CGI like they did when Julianna Margulies and Archie Panjabi refused to film scenes together on “The Good Wife.”

by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2023 4:44 PM

[quote]R67 Finding out things weren't great was a late-in-life situation akin to finding out about Santa.

I understand. But it’s not like SJP lead the other girls in hurling tampons at Kim in the shower, braying, “Plug it up! Plug it up!”

THAT’S hard.

by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2023 4:48 PM

This guarantees that the PR tour for the new season will involve many questions about how they feel about Kim.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote]Where is it stated it’s a phone call?

In the linked article that you clearly didn't bother to read.

[quote]In the scene, Samantha, who in the show has moved to London, will have a phone conversation with Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw.

by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2023 5:01 PM

Watch in horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2023 5:09 PM

[quote]r70 Where is it stated it’s a phone call?

[quote]r73 In the linked article that you clearly didn't bother to read: [italic] “In the scene, Samantha, who in the show has moved to London, will have a phone conversation with Parker’s Carrie Bradshaw.”[/italic]

Yellow journalism! Fake news!

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2023 5:38 PM

Does Cattrall need the money that bad?

This is a mistake. One day on set with the toxic SJP and Cattrall will regret her mistake.

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2023 5:40 PM

Okay, I know there's angst and trauma and hurt and nonsense, but for umpteen bucks these bitches can't sit in a room together to shoot one fucking scene?

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2023 5:41 PM

[quote] One day on set with the toxic SJP and Cattrall will regret her mistake.

How many times does it need to be said? Cattrall has no scenes with SJP. It's a fucking phone call.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2023 5:48 PM

SJP could play the phone.

Surprise, muthafucka!

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2023 5:56 PM

A phone call that was shot in a car in a garage somewhere near Silvercup Studios. So I guess she's supposed to be in London?

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2023 5:57 PM

R78, it was my initial reaction to the OP's post containing the news that Cattrall was making a cameo. I was not responding to any of the 70+ posts following it and whatever you said in half of them.

Cool your fucking jets.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2023 6:00 PM

[quote]SJP could play the phone.

you mean like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2023 6:08 PM

well, it's got you gurls all excited, so I guess they know what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2023 6:09 PM

Her scene will be like Suzanne Sommers who they made do phone call scenes in Three's Company

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2023 6:35 PM

I wonder if HBO only greenlighted Season 2 if they could promise to get Kim back in some form. And they have been holding back the news until now.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2023 6:40 PM

[quote]r80 A phone call that was shot in a car in a garage somewhere near Silvercup Studios. So I guess she's supposed to be in London?

Maybe the agreement is that Cattrall can write her own dialogue?

SAMANTHA: Carrie, your continual reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now. Let me make this VERY clear if I I haven’t already; You are not my family. You are not my friend. Stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your ‘nice girl’ persona.

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2023 7:02 PM

R18 = Cattrall

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2023 8:43 PM

Cattrall is broke.

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2023 8:46 PM

SAMANTHA: I’m tired of all your texts and voice mails, Carrie.

Let me be clear: I want no part of you.

I mean, look at the pics you post on instagram. You’re not 27! You’re pushing 60, for gods sake!

Was it fun hanging out together? Sure, but that was a quarter century ago. I’ve grown up. You’ve withered.

I’m just not that into you. As every man you’ve ever dated eventually says, buh-bye.”

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2023 8:50 PM

I kinda hope it has Catrall pulling a face when Carrie makes the call all about her

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2023 8:52 PM

[quote]Cattrall is broke.

She's done a lot the last few years. I'd be surprised if she were broke.

If anything, she was working a lot less immmediately after SATC II, so should have been more desperate for a paycheck to do the third movie back then.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2023 8:55 PM

Can it at least include Samantha bursting out laughing when Carrie says "I heard you went to London because you felt so bad when I dropped you as publicist for my stupid book. Okay, I didn't hear that. I've been telling it to everybody." I do want that Bitch, Please! conversation.

by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2023 9:09 PM

Would be fun if Kim had them write something like "Carrie, it was never about the money honey, I've made my fortune. It was about you being a bad friend.."

While I kinda like they have her still in that little cosy apartment, the show started to jump the shark when they all became super wealthy and unrelatable. The movie ramped that up.

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2023 9:33 PM

[quote]While I kinda like they have her still in that little cosy apartment, the show started to jump the shark when they all became super wealthy and unrelatable.

Well, Miranda is a partner at a big law firm in NYC. Charlotte won the giant apartment in her first divorce and Harry is a partner in a law firm. Carrie married an investment banker who made a lot of money before he died and she's published several bestsellers.

Their being rich is oddly the least unrealistic part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2023 9:39 PM

I will never stop laughing if the only Emmy nomination AJLT ever gets is next year for Kim as Guest Actress in a comedy series

by Anonymousreply 95June 1, 2023 9:42 PM

R94 I mean in the series it was better when they lived "everyday lives".

by Anonymousreply 96June 1, 2023 9:43 PM

R95 I rewatched some of the old episodes a few months ago and was impressed again by how good Kim's acting is. Even dialogue which would fall flat is hilarious just by how she delivers it, plus she's good in rare dramatic moments as well.

The Emmys had their chance to honor her 4 times they nominated her but kept rewarding Doris Roberts over and over again instead.

by Anonymousreply 97June 1, 2023 9:45 PM

Sorry, 5 times! She lost 3 times to Doris, once to Megan Mullally and lastly to Cynthia for the final season

by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2023 9:48 PM

CARRIE: Samantha! You picked up!

SAMANTHA: (pause) How did you get this number?

by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2023 11:13 PM

R65: “ So a 66 year old is going to resume her sexy sex obsessed character/role. OK”

Sexy 66 year old? Yasssssss, Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 100June 1, 2023 11:20 PM

Every single person on that show has said Kim was the cunt in all of this yet SJP is the toxic one? Ok, Marys…

by Anonymousreply 101June 1, 2023 11:26 PM

R101 it actually depends on who you talk to.

The camps were

SJP camp

MPK

Kristin Davis

Chris Noth

Kim Cattrall camp

Patricia Field

Darren Starr

Believe it or not, Cynthia was actually Switzerland until things got really ugly and then stuck with SJP. But for many years she was equally close with Kim and when the brough hah hah happened with Kim’s brother, Cynthia reached out to her and Kim responded lovingly.

by Anonymousreply 102June 1, 2023 11:32 PM

R101 a few guest stars who have nothing to gain have said Kim was great to work with. I even remember the guy who played the hot farmer she seduces in that awful Carrie screaming at a squirrel episode said how nervous he was and she put him right at ease and was very kind.

Seems a lot of the people who shat on Kim were the ones eager to be included in the third movie and knew which side their bread was buttered by bad-mouthing her.

It's not black and white but it seemed like those trashing Kim tried to paint her as the villain and told blatant lies, such as SATC3: The Horror Story was days away from filming when this could never have been the case as Kim wasn't signed on, and claimed she clearly told them "No" multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2023 12:23 AM

Does anyone want any free indifference?

I have plenty to share. As if I care.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2023 12:26 AM

Kim seems more like an old-school co-worker. We get along at the office. But we leave it at the office.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2023 12:40 AM

Kim seems like a down-to-earth homebody. We met her at the stage door after a performance of "Whose Life Is It Anyway" (where she was fantastic) and she was very friendly with those who waited.

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2023 12:45 AM

I LOL'ed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2023 12:47 AM

R76 Do you know how to read?

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2023 12:49 AM

R107 you did?

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2023 12:50 AM

R101 Completely inaccurate

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2023 12:56 AM

r53 Nixon is also on The Gilded Age, another HBO series that is coming back for season 2

by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2023 1:34 AM

I say this every time this comes up but here it is again. From all appearances, Kim never said yes to SATC 3. And from all appearances, her agents likely kept the offer warm, meaning they gave the impression it was likely to happen so they could get a final payday out of representing her. Happens a LOT when actors "drop out" of movies--the actor never said yes and the agents kept talks going in the hopes of convincing the actor to say yes. Sometimes the actor says no and the agents keep going and they get the actor to a yes.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2023 1:38 AM

R111 Is that on Broadway?

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2023 2:03 AM

Well not yet, r113, but much more ass-dragging on bringing it back and I'm going to start wondering if that's the plan.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2023 2:31 AM

Finally! An episode I can get behind.

‘Sex And The City’ Fans Divided After Samantha Returns As Cybernetic Assassin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2023 3:19 AM

Maybe at the end of the phone call, Samantha will press *1 to detonate a bomb to take out the “girls” who will be attending a patented Che Diaz comedy concert.

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2023 9:52 AM

Fuck THAT. I woulda killed that bitch off after the second movie.

by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2023 10:40 AM

Kim has always appeared to be very even keeled and very professional. If you read The Devil’s Candy about the making of Bonfire of the Vanities, she is one of the few who comes across as somewhat normal and sympathetic…in the midst of watching her scenes edited down or out. Even upon being cast in Bonfire, she had a fate accompli attitude with her career disappointments and that—imo—is her weakness…quick to accept victimhood…although a chill, non-shrill victimhood.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2023 12:58 PM

What if this is laying the groundwork for Samantha to return for Season 3? That would make our heads explode. I'm coming back, bitches! Fasten your seatbelts.

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2023 12:59 PM

I doubt she'd return if she can command enough money for a cameo or two. Maybe she'll agree with appearing on a zoom call with Cynthia in S3 for $1million

by Anonymousreply 120June 2, 2023 1:12 PM

She probably got tens of millions and an executive producer credit AND her name first in the credits as special guest star.

by Anonymousreply 121June 2, 2023 1:31 PM

the definitive piece

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 2, 2023 4:43 PM

[quote]Parker and King may not have asked for this, but I’m sure I’m not alone in being eager to see the resulting scene

It will be hilarious to see SJP gush about how thrilling it will be to have Cattrall back… when they’ll never meet.

by Anonymousreply 123June 2, 2023 5:30 PM

Since she's so old, will she play a granny who fucks Miranda's son?

by Anonymousreply 124June 2, 2023 5:37 PM

We only did one film together and I remember her as....uh...I remember she was pretty and...yeah, that was a few years ago. That's all I got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 2, 2023 5:44 PM

The check for this was probably big, since she made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with the show.

by Anonymousreply 126June 2, 2023 5:45 PM

They did this to help it get renewed for the next season, IMHO. I think MPK and SJP need to eat crow and make up publicly with Kim Cattrall and give her EP credits for joining on-camera. Unless this season is outstanding ratings-wise and well-received, this new chapter of SATC will end after S2 since I’m assuming it’s an expensive show to produce.

by Anonymousreply 127June 2, 2023 5:46 PM

R127 I was surprised it apparently got some of the highest ratings for HBO Max or whatever is is, but must cost a fortune as you said. Wasn't it rumoured Noth only came on board for that one episode for big $$$ too? Then he did that hilarious send up for Peleton which was promptly dropped after he was accused of groping Charlotte's stand-in.

LOL at the new detail Patricia Field exclusively dressed Cattrall for her one scene.

by Anonymousreply 128June 2, 2023 6:25 PM

r128

for some reason I thought we were only going to hear her

by Anonymousreply 129June 2, 2023 6:32 PM

I may be in the minority but I think this is a wrong step for Kim. Yes, she may be getting a huge paycheck but it's like crawling back to an ex you said you were over and done with because he's offering you a chance to fuck him again. It also looks petty that she's just a voice on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 130June 2, 2023 6:41 PM

Samantha...Is it true Carrie you let your husband lay on the floor to die without calling 911?

by Anonymousreply 131June 2, 2023 6:44 PM

R130 I do see that and thought it was a mistake for Kim to say she would never play the role again.

I do think the way this person got her back was smart though as it doesn't look like crawling back, more that they made her a great offer which included dialogue she approved, top styling and not having to have any contact with MPK or SJP, going over their heads. Plus the announcement caused a flurry of attention on how excited viewers are to see Kim back, even for one scene.

by Anonymousreply 132June 2, 2023 7:35 PM

It will probably be the episode where they find out Samantha is actually 15 years older than she says she is.

by Anonymousreply 133June 2, 2023 7:44 PM

You know how you can judge whether this was a good or bad step? By the coverage of the announcement.

If everyone shrugged or said they’d rather not have her back, it would be a bad decision.

But everyone is excited… it’s fan service and being perceived as SJP and MPK being big footed by a higher-up. She didn’t backtrack on anything she’d said about anything.

She’s coming out a winner. And that will help promote her upcoming project.

by Anonymousreply 134June 2, 2023 7:59 PM

R130 The head of HBO reached out to her directly…going over SJP’s and MPK’s heads. It is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 135June 2, 2023 8:02 PM

If MPK had his way Samantha would be down and out in London waiting tables at some greasy spoon

by Anonymousreply 136June 2, 2023 8:17 PM

[quote]R132 they made her a great offer which included dialogue she approved, top styling and not having to have any contact with MPK or SJP

There’s probably now also a gentlemen’s agreement in place that HBO will help develop a project Cattrall is interested in.

You help me, I’ll help you - -

by Anonymousreply 137June 2, 2023 8:25 PM

R137 I don't know if they'd give her that much for just one scene. Maybe if the fan reaction and viewership for "her" episode spike then they'd make a play for another appearance.

by Anonymousreply 138June 2, 2023 8:30 PM

If Cattrall reappears in a Season 3, maybe a new contract will stipulate that SJP’s character goes dead, dumb, and blind. (Just for the episode, at least.)

This could get interesting.

by Anonymousreply 139June 2, 2023 8:38 PM

One of the characters could also go crazy, and an animated Samantha goes around perched on their shoulder.

Cattrall would just have to phone in the dialogue.

CA-CHING!

by Anonymousreply 140June 2, 2023 8:43 PM

Who did the filtering on Op’s pic?!

by Anonymousreply 141June 2, 2023 9:56 PM

Oh, but to be a fly on the wall when SJP learned the head of HBO reached out to Cattrall

by Anonymousreply 142June 2, 2023 10:18 PM

The lady who repainted Monkey Jesus at Santuario de Misericordia?

by Anonymousreply 143June 2, 2023 10:21 PM

R142 - something like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 2, 2023 10:24 PM

[quote]Who did the filtering on Op’s pic?!

Guilty! 🖐

by Anonymousreply 145June 2, 2023 11:18 PM

Patricia Fields... “Well, I know those gals! Sarah Jessica [Parker] thinks she knows everything — and she does. Cynthia Nixon thinks she knows everything — and she doesn’t!” Field said.

Meow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 3, 2023 1:38 PM

[quote]According to sources, the actress refused to film with her former co-stars Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis.

[quote]She also would not set foot on the Queens set if showrunner — and SJP ally — Michael Patrick King was there, highly-placed sources told Page Six.

[quote]One show source said: “Kim had two stipulations -—one, that she would not act with any of the other girls, and two, she did not want to see Michael Patrick King.”

Bitch, you need the money. STFU!

by Anonymousreply 147June 3, 2023 1:54 PM

I don’t think she does need the money. She’s more in demand than any of her co-stars.

SJP can’t even get hired to cover the Preakness.

by Anonymousreply 148June 3, 2023 2:38 PM

[quote]I don’t think she does need the money. She’s more in demand than any of her co-stars.

She is?

And if the doesn't need the money, why is she doing this after saying she would never come back?

by Anonymousreply 149June 3, 2023 2:39 PM

Kim Cattrall is the poor man's Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 150June 3, 2023 2:41 PM

Hi Sarah! Hi Andy!

by Anonymousreply 151June 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Kim keeps getting project after project.

by Anonymousreply 152June 3, 2023 2:44 PM

Kim is not in demand, people hardly remember she exists.

[quote]Hi Sarah! Hi Andy!

Hi, KIm!

by Anonymousreply 153June 3, 2023 2:44 PM

[quote]Kim keeps getting project after project.

When do we get to watch them?

by Anonymousreply 154June 3, 2023 2:45 PM

[quote]Kim keeps getting project after project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 3, 2023 2:47 PM

Kim was in four projects last year, including two series.

She stars in a Netflix series about to be released.

SJP has nothing in the pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 156June 3, 2023 5:09 PM

Kim’s new series debuts next month.

You can watch SJP… um, sitting on her stoop smoking.

by Anonymousreply 157June 3, 2023 5:10 PM

Sharon Stone would die for Kim’s career.

by Anonymousreply 158June 3, 2023 5:12 PM

SJP has nothing in the pipeline.

She has Matthew.

by Anonymousreply 159June 3, 2023 5:35 PM

Have you seen Matthew lately?

by Anonymousreply 160June 3, 2023 6:19 PM

Can she do a prank call “cocksucker!!!” scene?

by Anonymousreply 161June 3, 2023 6:21 PM

[quote] The head of HBO reached out to her directly…going over SJP’s and MPK’s heads. It is delicious.

Agree with r135.

There is no other way to interpret this other than a win over SJP and King by Cattrall.

I'm prepared, however, that the actual appearance will be underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 162June 3, 2023 6:28 PM

Yeah, given that Samantha isn’t coming back, how pertinent can the scene be?

by Anonymousreply 163June 3, 2023 6:42 PM

[quote]SJP has nothing in the pipeline.

She's very rich.

by Anonymousreply 164June 3, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote]Sharon Stone would die for Kim’s career.

OK, you ARE Kim!

by Anonymousreply 165June 3, 2023 7:00 PM

[quote]You can watch SJP… um, sitting on her stoop smoking.

And counting her money.

by Anonymousreply 166June 3, 2023 7:02 PM

Is Kim Cattrall that chick who was on Porky's 50 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 167June 3, 2023 7:03 PM

[quote]Sharon Stone would die for Kim’s career.

Say Sharon and people will say Stone.

Say Kim, people will say Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 168June 3, 2023 7:05 PM

Oh, Samantha! Or should I call you Sam (Smith)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 3, 2023 7:25 PM

R168 Ho please

by Anonymousreply 170June 3, 2023 7:29 PM

I doubt the scene will be important at all, R163. That's why this is so delicious. Kim makes out like a bandit; she has conceded nothing; SJP and everyone else gets a reminder that the Samantha character is still beloved.

by Anonymousreply 171June 3, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote][R168] Ho please

Sharon Osbourne? You're kidding, right?

Kim Cattrall said she would never comeback. And, here she is.

Must be tired of earing instant noodles.

by Anonymousreply 172June 3, 2023 7:34 PM

Eating*

by Anonymousreply 173June 3, 2023 7:35 PM

Kim should be thanking Sarah for giving her a job in the first place. She was the chick from Porky's.

by Anonymousreply 174June 3, 2023 7:37 PM

Other than Chez , I enjoyed the first season of AJLT. Didn't even notice that Samantha wasn't there. One word: replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 175June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

[quote] One word: replaceable.

lol, r175

Apparently, (hell, factually) not.

by Anonymousreply 176June 3, 2023 7:46 PM

Do people even care if this woman comes back or not?

by Anonymousreply 177June 3, 2023 7:53 PM

No, r177, but how she came back is juicy stuff.

by Anonymousreply 178June 3, 2023 7:55 PM

At least we know that Kim Cattrall is a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 179June 3, 2023 7:57 PM

Samantha was all about sex. Kim is too old to play that.

by Anonymousreply 180June 3, 2023 7:58 PM

[quote]SJP has nothing in the pipeline.

She came off a sold out run on Broadway last season and has a family. She doesn't work 12 months a year.

by Anonymousreply 181June 3, 2023 8:16 PM

Some family— bought and paid for by her husband. The gay addict.

The production sucked.

by Anonymousreply 182June 3, 2023 8:34 PM

The real reason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 3, 2023 8:46 PM

Gossip monger Janet Charleton says the phone call is about Stanford. She must have liked Willie Garson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 3, 2023 9:15 PM

[quote]Cattrall’s career in the last few years has seen mixed results. In 2020 she was the lead and executive producer on US drama Filthy Rich, which was axed five episodes in.

[quote]Since then she has been the narrator on two other US-based series, How I Met Your Father and yet another reboot of Queer As Folk.

[quote]But nothing has been quite in the same league as the show that made her an international star.

Yeah, in demand! All of these bitches should STFU and work. We made them rich.

by Anonymousreply 185June 3, 2023 9:20 PM

Goddamn it, she was In MASQUERADE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 3, 2023 9:43 PM

^^ in response to R167:

[quote]Is Kim Cattrall that chick who was on Porky's 50 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 187June 3, 2023 9:45 PM

Let's see. The head of HBO contacted Kim. She had stipulations. HBO met them. That looks like winning no matter how SJP and her posse try to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 188June 3, 2023 10:27 PM

Kim is the new Carroll Baker - only without the talent and sense of humor about herself and her career....and looks.

by Anonymousreply 189June 3, 2023 10:42 PM

[quote]Let's see. The head of HBO contacted Kim. She had stipulations. HBO met them. That looks like winning no matter how SJP and her posse try to spin it.

After saying she would NEVER come back? Yeah, someone needed a check.

by Anonymousreply 190June 3, 2023 10:50 PM

Kim is desperate.

by Anonymousreply 191June 3, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote]According to sources, the actress refused to film with her former co-stars Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis.

[quote]One show source said: “Kim had two stipulations -—one, that she would not act with any of the other girls, and two, she did not want to see Michael Patrick King.”

Honey, you need to eat. You are not that important.

by Anonymousreply 192June 3, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote]You are not that important.

HBO clearly doesn't agree with you, R192.

by Anonymousreply 193June 3, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote]Let's see. The head of HBO contacted Kim. She had stipulations. HBO met them. That looks like winning no matter how SJP and her posse try to spin it.

HBO is just using her for publicity. She made it clear that she doesn't want to act with any of her former co-stars, not just SJP. She thinks she's above them.

Bitch, if you were 30 years younger, I would suggest OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 194June 3, 2023 11:11 PM

Cattrash.

by Anonymousreply 195June 3, 2023 11:12 PM

She seems difficult.

by Anonymousreply 196June 3, 2023 11:16 PM

Kim's the only one of the four I've met in person, and she was warm and gracious to fans who were engaging her over much lower profile projects than SatC. Do any such accounts exist about SJP?

by Anonymousreply 197June 3, 2023 11:30 PM

Kim = Suzanne Somers, minus the money.

by Anonymousreply 198June 3, 2023 11:45 PM

I bet she was promised parts in upcoming movies. That’s what I would do if I was tired of a part but had the power to parlay in into other acting jobs.

by Anonymousreply 199June 3, 2023 11:48 PM

Maybe if this fell through, they could actually bring in Suzanne Somers instead to phone Carrie.

"Please, I'll be good. Just let me inside!"

by Anonymousreply 200June 3, 2023 11:56 PM

R197, I met Cynthia years ago. She was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 201June 4, 2023 12:59 AM

I was SJP’s neighbor. She only had time for famous people. Briefly friendly when she arrived on the block but that dissipated quickly. V. full of herself. Loves/seeks attention.

She’s a perfect friend for Andy, I will say that.

by Anonymousreply 202June 4, 2023 1:43 AM

I wonder if there is any potential for a Samantha spin-off? The head of Max seems to see value in Cattrall and Samantha. Samantha is in London so she could be surrounded by new friends. Darren Star, the creator and original writer of SATC, and Cattrall seem to have a very good relationship. Star might be willing to write the spin off. It would be a way to keep Samantha on the air without having to deal with the friction between Cattrall and SJP/Michael King.

With good strong writing focused on Cattrall's comedic strength (less so on sex scenes) and the addition of some well written new characters, that show seems like it would be far more interesting that watching SJP and company roam around NYC with their new/less appealing friends.

by Anonymousreply 203June 4, 2023 2:13 AM

[quote]R189 Kim is the new Carroll Baker - only without the talent and sense of humor about herself and her career....and looks.

Pauline Kael review of SCRUPLES?

by Anonymousreply 204June 4, 2023 2:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 4, 2023 2:51 AM

[quote] I was SJP’s neighbor. She only had time for famous people. Briefly friendly when she arrived on the block but that dissipated quickly. V. full of herself. Loves/seeks attention. She’s a perfect friend for Andy, I will say that.

R202 is pissed SJP didn't invite him over to play Canasta.

by Anonymousreply 206June 4, 2023 12:29 PM

She loosen beautiful in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 207June 4, 2023 12:41 PM

When Cynthia Nixon announced she was in favor of thieves being allowed to steal up to $700 worth of items in a CVS without being prosecuted- because they’re POOR I lost all respect for her.

by Anonymousreply 208June 4, 2023 1:18 PM

Average without makeup, r207.

And, yes, I know, SJP looks worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 4, 2023 2:06 PM

[quote]HBO clearly doesn't agree with you, [R192].

HBO just wanted some publicity for the show, they couldn't care less about Kim. She'll probably be on for 10 seconds, talking on the phone.

Suzanne Somers indeed.

by Anonymousreply 210June 4, 2023 2:08 PM

Had they given Samantha a real story - such as the return of her cancer and a terminal prognosis, rather than a skeevy subplot where she sends nudes to Miranda's son (a rumored storyline) in which Miranda flips out and Samantha was forced to defend herself, she probably would have come back for a movie or even this series.

It would have actually made for a better season for Carrie to have to deal with Big's death and Samantha's impending death. Carrie's unbounded selfishness and self-pity would have been on display as she pity harvested for Big's death rather than being there for Samantha. It would have also given them an out for Samantha to spend more time with Miranda and Charlotte rather than Carrie.

Gut punch twist: Carrie doesn't reply to a message from Miranda or Charlotte to tell her that Samantha is in the hospital because she's wallowing, so she misses saying goodbye to Samantha. THAT would have made for some good character and story.

by Anonymousreply 211June 4, 2023 2:17 PM

Samantha calls to inform the gang that her older sister Pandora is coming to New York. Pandora is to be played by Ann Jillian.

by Anonymousreply 212June 4, 2023 5:28 PM

So, this will air at the season finale?

I've read all the joke posts here of what the conversation will be but, seriously, do you think that they'll try to make a cliffhanger for a Season 3, that teases that Samantha will be visiting NY?

What the hell else could the writers come up with for that phone call?

by Anonymousreply 213June 4, 2023 5:47 PM

While that would have made for a good story R211, the only way it ever would have flown would have been if SJP were neither an executive producer nor successful enough to say no to those who were. Storylines throughout the years convince me she was blind to just how entitled and selfish Carrie Bradshaw actually came off, and she'd never go for a storyline that so clearly casts her in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 214June 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Whatever you think of Kim's career, she's always been more than 'Samantha'. By her interviews you can tell that acting is her craft and she is always looking for new adventures. SJP is a business person who is clinging to 'Carrie' because nostalgia is her only draw. I wish she'd retire and focus on charity like other NYC mavens. Her inability to accept who she is now is cringey.

by Anonymousreply 215June 4, 2023 6:54 PM

Sarah’s film career went nowhere and Divorce was pretty much a flop that only got multiple (short) seasons because they were hoping it would eventually catch on with SATC viewers. It didn’t.

Carrier is wee only commercial TV or movie option.

by Anonymousreply 216June 4, 2023 7:21 PM

R215- It's like BEATING A DEAD HORSE. At first I thought no pun intended then I decided to have the pun intended.

They should not have gone any further with the show after the last season finished broadcasting on HBO in February 2004.

by Anonymousreply 217June 4, 2023 8:06 PM

[quote]r216 Sarah’s film career went nowhere and Divorce was pretty much a flop

I actually liked that series. It was a solid product and the acting was good.

I guess it was too depressing in general to be a hit.

The tone was kind of like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 4, 2023 8:10 PM

someone kept mentioning Cattrell would get an Executive Producer credit as part of cameo. It doesn't work like that. Money, yes, producer credit, absolutely not. Credits are given out by season.

She had script approval over her own scene and would probably get that if she continued or came back (script approval over her own scenes). she wouldnt need a producer credit because her salary would be more than lucrative

by Anonymousreply 219June 4, 2023 9:04 PM

Has SJP commented yet? Or is she in a depressed, alcoholic blackout?

by Anonymousreply 220June 4, 2023 9:40 PM

I'm sure she and her publicist are working this very moment on a press release about how this was all her idea and she wanted to be the bigger person and extend an olive branch.

by Anonymousreply 221June 4, 2023 10:29 PM

Matthew is the drinker in that house.

by Anonymousreply 222June 4, 2023 10:51 PM

^^ but these are extenuating circumstances

by Anonymousreply 223June 4, 2023 11:15 PM

With Hocus Pocus 3 just announced, it underscores that witchy types will always work.

by Anonymousreply 224June 4, 2023 11:20 PM

Does Cattrall have approval of SJP’s dialogue, too? Otherwise they could sabotage her but cutting in Carrie reeling off nasty digs.

Someone look into this.

by Anonymousreply 225June 5, 2023 12:29 AM

I bet it’s gonna be a “I’m moving back to New York” voicemail to Carrie. And she’ll be back for the next season.

by Anonymousreply 226June 5, 2023 12:41 AM

If she was coming back, why allow the press to print a tale of her having nothing to do with her EP and co-stars… in fact, contractually demanding they not be in her line of sight?

by Anonymousreply 227June 5, 2023 12:50 AM

R221 I hope SJP just says nothing because dam if she does dam if she doesn’t. Kim was hurting because thats only way to explain the vitriol she had towards the show and SJP. We get it you wanted to move on, you got tired of making sex jokes in your late 50s but why was she so angry towards the vehicle that made her a star.

by Anonymousreply 228June 5, 2023 2:28 AM

Cattrall says another actress was hired for the role before she was. Who was it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 5, 2023 2:33 AM

She wasn't angry at the show. She was angry at SJP and apparently MPK.

by Anonymousreply 230June 5, 2023 2:34 AM

I don’t blame her for not wanting anything to do with MPK. He has routinely trashed her in the press since the falling out.

I will say at least SJP has had more tact in at least not publicly ripping Kim to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 231June 5, 2023 11:54 AM

R230 About what?

by Anonymousreply 232June 5, 2023 2:12 PM

Fucking google it R230. We're not doing your job for you, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 233June 5, 2023 11:21 PM

My bad, My comment at R233 is aimed at dipshit R232.

Apologies, R230.

by Anonymousreply 234June 5, 2023 11:22 PM

The situation in Ukraine, Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 235June 6, 2023 12:40 AM

R234 who the fuck are you talking 2 with that hyped up energy. It was a simple question. You really need to calm down.

by Anonymousreply 236June 6, 2023 12:42 AM

We're not doing your job for you, dipshit R236. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 237June 6, 2023 12:45 AM

R237 Sad. I know I get cray but I’m also an actor and performance artist. People really need to take their meds or at least be prideful enough to contact their doctor when they have lost them.

by Anonymousreply 238June 6, 2023 1:32 AM

R238 I am not the person with whom you are arguing but I can absolutely back him/her up - I don’t know if it’s a generational thing but there seem to be more posters (not just here, but generally) who will ask a question that they could have answered themselves with the same number of keystrokes in Google, and gotten a response much quicker.

It’s almost like they expect knowledge to be served up to them on a plate instead of getting pleasure from finding stuff out themselves. Same as the “tl;dr” people - can’t be bothered reading more than a paragraph but request that they be supplied with a synopsis.

Suggesting that someone who called you on this behaviour is mentally ill doesn’t help - I would have thought that as an actor and performance artist” you would have been capable of more empathy than that. Isn’t that what acting is all about?

by Anonymousreply 239June 6, 2023 2:19 AM

R239 This is fkin gossip site. I did not read that fkin novel you posted after the first paragraph. The poster made a claim that could easily describe Cattral’s beef. Wtf wouldn’t even make the thread more enjoyable. You and that other poster need to go to Truth Social or something

by Anonymousreply 240June 6, 2023 2:23 AM

Aw. She's probably gonna be saggy. Or fat.

I could've done without this.

by Anonymousreply 241June 6, 2023 2:25 AM

R240 if your concept of a novel is three paragraphs then you should maybe spend less time on a “fkin gossip site” and more on acquiring some skills that will make you even a tiny bit employable.

You read with your forefinger while mouthing the words, don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 242June 6, 2023 2:38 AM

My, my, my! People are so ANGRY here!

by Anonymousreply 243June 6, 2023 2:47 AM

R242 I’m employed with a nice salary. Please go away. It was an expression, not to be taken literal. Have you never heard of colorful language. Here’s another— jump in a lake, cunt. I’m done with you now.

by Anonymousreply 244June 6, 2023 2:50 AM

It's quite easy, isn't it R238 to call another poster crazy rather than admit that their posts are sensible.

Stop asking us what happened between Cattrall and Parker and google it your goddamn lazy cunt self.

by Anonymousreply 245June 6, 2023 3:23 AM

R245 You are canceled. Boy bye. You are really reaching now. Fuck wrong with people. Thanks for the laugh though.

by Anonymousreply 246June 6, 2023 3:29 AM

Ooh. CUNT R246 CANCELLED me.

Whatever

shall

i

do?

by Anonymousreply 247June 6, 2023 3:37 AM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 248June 6, 2023 4:10 AM

“Literally”, R244, not “literal”.

But do keep it up - nobody said that mastering the basics of English spelling and grammar would be easy!

Especially when you dropped out of middle school.

by Anonymousreply 249June 6, 2023 4:29 AM

R244 you can be “employed with a nice salary” or “an actor and performance artist” but it’s highly unlikely that you can be both, especially as “actors” and “performance artist”(s) aren’t salaried - nice or otherwise.

Good luck with your next “acting” tryout or with stacking shelves at Gap - I suspect that it’s the latter. Fold those tees!

by Anonymousreply 250June 6, 2023 4:33 AM

[quote]She wasn't angry at the show. She was angry at SJP and apparently MPK.

She wasn't angry at the show. She was angry at the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 251June 6, 2023 7:20 AM

Trust me, there is no way this wasn't run by SJP. She was fine with it. I'm sure she knows there's something missing without Samantha.

And for all the nastiness back and forth during the original filming and following SATC 3 being cancelled, Hollywood is GREAT at paying actors to get together when they don't want to. Its not like either of them fucked each other's husbands, punched each other in the face, or shit on the other one's talent. If Cattrall has fun in her one day of filming, its not impossible she'd come back for season 3 in some capacity if she wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 252June 6, 2023 8:15 AM

Smart move, take the money and attention without having to deal much with the other bitches

by Anonymousreply 253June 6, 2023 8:16 AM

R252 agree, it was a phone call scene between Samantha and Carrie , SJP must have already recorded her part for this scene. I doubt she has no idea about Kim’s return

by Anonymousreply 254June 6, 2023 8:25 AM

IMO, everyone wins. Kim gets money and the show gets publicity.

by Anonymousreply 255June 6, 2023 1:07 PM

R250 Acting doesn’t pay my bills. And I have only gone at it in recent years having been focused on my communications/business career prior. I then joined the military and am back in private sector after serving one contract. You are really desperate and lonely aren’t you.

Now fuck right off you get no more of my positive energy.

by Anonymousreply 256June 6, 2023 3:34 PM

Just because you are obsessed with Gay Playlist Guy does not mean I work there. Who even still shops there. I know I haven’t in ages.

by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2023 3:35 PM

You cunts better not be saving these threads. Because when I become the next Samuel L. by the time I’m 40 I don’t want any of this shit biting me in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2023 3:37 PM

R229, the actress originally cast as Samantha was Lou Thornton.

You could have googled it yourself.

by Anonymousreply 259June 7, 2023 7:52 PM

All this being said, by making public condolences to someone you have a strained relationship was a stupid move.

SJP could have sent a private email or message to express support. But doing it publicly was indeed tacky.

I know both slightly from other projects, but KC is a private person (as SJP surely knows). She may let some personal stuff out, but only when necessary. That is why I think that she is never going to tell the full story of her experiences on SATC.

And SJP....after meeting her on a handful of occasions, I have no idea who she is behind the mask.

by Anonymousreply 260June 7, 2023 8:00 PM

Amen. A public expression of condolence is performative (“Look at what a great friend I am!”).

A nice personal note sent directly to the bereaved is a sincere effort at offering comfort.

by Anonymousreply 261June 7, 2023 8:31 PM

And SJP....after meeting her on a handful of occasions, I have no idea who she is behind the mask.

Did you offer a sugar cube?

by Anonymousreply 262June 7, 2023 11:11 PM

I did see her stomp her Louboutin when Matthew whispered in her ear a few times.

I got close and tried to listen. He was asking her questions....like "What is 3 plus 4? What is four times one?"

by Anonymousreply 263June 7, 2023 11:41 PM

Sex and the City author Candace Bushnell 'happy and surprised' Kim Cattrall returning as Samantha Jones on And Just Like That: 'There was a piece missing'

by Anonymousreply 264June 8, 2023 4:50 AM

Evan Handler Says Kim Cattrall’s ‘And Just Like That’ Cameo Was Filmed “With No Contact With Anybody”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 8, 2023 4:52 AM

new details.

Candice Bergen, who played Carrie's editor Enid Frick on Sex and the City, will reprise her role in Season 2. Gloria Steinem and Sam Smith will guest star as themselves.

by Anonymousreply 266June 8, 2023 1:43 PM

Yay! More reasons to skip that shit show

by Anonymousreply 267June 8, 2023 2:36 PM

What's obnoxious about this is, between Cattrall, Bergen and the guy who plays Aiden coming back, you know the show running idiots KNOW what the audience wants but instead of delivering that, give the audience what the show runners want: Che and the three other new characters no one gives a fuck about.

by Anonymousreply 268June 9, 2023 4:38 PM

Oh, many of us want to see what Kristen Davis has done to her face this time.

by Anonymousreply 269June 9, 2023 6:37 PM

r268 Cmon. Last season they had to introduce some new characters. They had to expand the universe and see what worked. The season was often depressing, but that tends to happen when you track a character watching her husband die and then go through the funeral, dealing with estate, mourning, first dates, etc. The new characters didn't really work because there was nothing funny about their storylines. And with Che, I think they know the response was universally bad, so instead of ditching the character, they decided to see if they can creatively fix the situation and capture whatever they thought they were going for in the first place. I'm curious if they succeed or not.

by Anonymousreply 270June 10, 2023 11:47 PM

I really don't think Cattrall should do this. It's a bad move for so many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 271June 11, 2023 12:14 AM

[quote]I really don't think Cattrall should do this. It's a bad move for so many reasons.

What would those reasons be, r271?

by Anonymousreply 272June 11, 2023 12:40 AM

There’s really no downside for Cattrall. She got an enormous paycheck and got to publicly rub SJP’s face in her own bad reputation. And Cattrall’s relationship with HBO has been solidified for future work.

She can say she wanted to give the show’s fans SOMETHING - and contributing a day to filming a cameo doesn’t negate her decision not to join the series or do a third movie.

by Anonymousreply 273June 11, 2023 12:41 AM

Exactly, r273. Looks like she was the one setting the term$.

by Anonymousreply 274June 11, 2023 12:43 AM

+1 with r274.

by Anonymousreply 275June 11, 2023 12:53 AM

[quote]When I first heard the news, I was glad everyone was able to put their differences aside, looking forward to hearing more about filming behind the scenes and whatever niceties where exchanged.

It's hilarious to me that people this naïve post here. Celebrities! They're just like us!

by Anonymousreply 276June 11, 2023 1:24 AM

Yes you don't become famous without walking on a few necks.

by Anonymousreply 277June 11, 2023 1:26 AM

[quote]contributing a day to filming a cameo doesn’t negate her decision not to join the series or do a third movie.

It most certainly does. And that's what I meant by my post at R271.

by Anonymousreply 278June 11, 2023 1:41 AM

[quote]It most certainly does.

It most certainly does *not*.

by Anonymousreply 279June 11, 2023 1:43 AM

You're most welcome to your own opinion R279. I posted my opinion at R278.

By doing this cameo; Cattrall has negated the stance she took (isolation, bullying, bad treatment) and all the good reasons she provided for taking the stand but now she has made herself look a fool and a sell out who just folded. I respected the previous principled stand she took but I don't respect this decision. She shouldn't do this and a lot of people will now just roll their eyes and then dismiss everything else she has already said or will say in the future. Obviously all of the past issues between the cast weren't that big of a problem after all. Totally tacky.

by Anonymousreply 280June 11, 2023 2:27 AM

Did you miss the part where she filmed her scene alone?

by Anonymousreply 281June 11, 2023 3:22 AM

You're adorable, r280.

by Anonymousreply 282June 11, 2023 3:58 AM

I know you don't mean that in a good way but thanks anyway R282. Better than being called a cunt so I'll take it!

She shouldn't have done it at all R281. Impossible to respect.

by Anonymousreply 283June 11, 2023 4:52 AM

If she had a special costume designed for the scene it must be a helluva good telephone call.

by Anonymousreply 284June 11, 2023 5:32 AM

I hope it’s head to toe ninja black and she tells Carrie to get out of town and [italic]watch her fuckin’ back.

by Anonymousreply 285June 11, 2023 6:18 AM

Kim’s cameo in Season 3:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 11, 2023 6:19 AM

Hey, it’s Sam Smith!

by Anonymousreply 287June 11, 2023 6:25 AM

Christ, who cares at this point. They’re all useless twats.

by Anonymousreply 288June 11, 2023 6:42 AM

Is it true Kim is getting her own show?

by Anonymousreply 289June 11, 2023 8:18 AM

R289 only if she gets her tits out

by Anonymousreply 290June 11, 2023 1:03 PM

Go Kim, I love this for her. You know what the icing on the cake would be? If Cattrall donated her paycheck for the cameo to the American Horse Rescue Network.

by Anonymousreply 291June 11, 2023 1:04 PM

I wonder if they’ll make her wear those nipple pasties she had in that one episode from s4

by Anonymousreply 292June 12, 2023 1:27 AM

If SJP says anything at all, it should be along the lines of “I’m happy for the fans, they’ve really missed Samantha” and let that be the end of it.

I would love a Samantha series set in UK in the world of PR. She could be rivals with Edina Monsoon and Claudia Bing!

by Anonymousreply 293June 12, 2023 1:58 AM

R280 I disagree. Yes, she took a principled stand. An appeal was made to her by the head of HBO. When the head of a fucking network speaks, you at least listen. I would bet, that in addition to whatever compensation and future work she may be getting, a big part of the pitch was for her to do it for the fans.

Who knows, maybe she's getting enough money for the cameo that she doesn't have to worry about money anymore? Who would turn that down.

by Anonymousreply 294June 12, 2023 4:49 PM

I hope it's a meaningful scene, like one where Carrie has finally realized how superficial she is and reached out to Samantha, who explains why she had to move to England to get the fuck away from her. Leave her devestated--and play into the real world drama between Kim and Parker so it doesnt feel forced to the fans. Let it be friction and ugly and earth shattering to. Carrie that she is such a bitch, she caused her "best friend" to move to another continent. And yes, she supported her--eventually--over Big's death by agreeing to meet for cocktails but that was Sam being a friend and Carrie a leech. This should be an equal to the Natasha-Carrie confrontation in the original series, not an, "Oh, honey. Let me make a double entendre" scene.

by Anonymousreply 295June 12, 2023 5:14 PM

The door will be left open, but the scene will probably center on how all relationships aren’t forever. That even if you love, or have loved, someone, they will not always be at your side. Or in your life in the same way.

Cattrall might be attracted to a scene like that because it mirrors her current stance. Things change.

by Anonymousreply 296June 12, 2023 6:05 PM

Kim will get to speak these immortal lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 12, 2023 6:21 PM

Kristin pipes in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298June 12, 2023 6:23 PM

Cattrall may have worked a lot since walking away, and she might have been great, but she will be forever known for Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 299June 12, 2023 7:28 PM

I would think that applies more to Kristin Davis. Though she was also on some episodes of Melrose Place (?)

by Anonymousreply 300June 12, 2023 11:48 PM

Did KC always look like AB Stoddard, or is this a recent development?

by Anonymousreply 301June 13, 2023 12:18 AM

Have her bitch slap Che, all will be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 302June 13, 2023 12:48 AM

Producers had to pay through the nose for it though – the actress reportedly received $930,000 for her cameo. "It just shows the power of Kim," adds the insider. "They still need her on the show." "I'm sure she got paid handsomely," agrees Sex And The City creator and author Candace Bushnell. "Kim is a grown woman and she does things on her own terms."

by Anonymousreply 303June 13, 2023 1:07 PM

Good for Cattrall.

Why shouldn't she make the financial most of a product that is way past its sell-by date?

And, the most delicious aspect of this is that it's such a gigantic admission of "We need her more than she needs us."

by Anonymousreply 304June 13, 2023 1:34 PM

Her cameo has certainly created more buzz for the show that it would have gotten otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 305June 13, 2023 2:29 PM

$930,000 seems very specific.

by Anonymousreply 306June 13, 2023 2:58 PM

I would have asked for a flat million for one day’s work.

by Anonymousreply 307June 13, 2023 3:22 PM

They knew they needed her. This is a last ditch effort. She is legitimizing the show by appearing. It’s all downhill now. They do have the ability to film things to were her and SJP never have to see each other. But she’s got her own Netflix show, so the dream of her joining full-time is out the window, unless that other one gets canceled

by Anonymousreply 308June 13, 2023 3:25 PM

[quote]But she’s got her own Netflix show, so the dream of her joining full-time is out the window, unless that other one gets canceled

Well, if the “Queer as Folk” reboot and “Filthy Rich” are indicators, she’ll be crawling her way back to Manhattan in Season 3.

by Anonymousreply 309June 13, 2023 4:14 PM

These are not 22 week seasons, R308. Actors on cable series can be on more than one at a time.

by Anonymousreply 310June 13, 2023 4:45 PM

So Steve is in the trailer

by Anonymousreply 311June 14, 2023 5:35 PM

Will they save her til the last episode so people don't cancel their subscription sooner?

by Anonymousreply 312June 14, 2023 9:57 PM

Yes it was announced at the time she is in the last episode.

by Anonymousreply 313June 15, 2023 9:00 AM

Patricia Field talks about styling Kim for that episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 16, 2023 4:30 AM

Kim has the last line in the last episode:

“Bitch, your show is canceled.”

by Anonymousreply 315June 16, 2023 7:13 AM

Considering thar Glamorous is screening simultaneously SJP could say Back at Ya!

by Anonymousreply 316June 16, 2023 3:07 PM

Still no comments from the ditched three? (Four if you count Starr on Kim’s Do Not Disturb list.)

It’s hilarious that SJP hasn’t gushed about Samantha’s return, considering how nonstop vocal she’s been in the past.

by Anonymousreply 317June 16, 2023 3:50 PM

Kim is least trying new things, not resurrecting projects LONG past their expiration date (SATC, Hocus Pocus)

by Anonymousreply 318June 16, 2023 7:52 PM

R317 doesn't Starr side with Cattrall? Anyone know if he was forced out of the show? Strange to leave such a big hit when it's in full flow

by Anonymousreply 319June 16, 2023 8:15 PM

He gets producing credit on the 2 movies and creator credit on AJLT.

by Anonymousreply 320June 16, 2023 9:42 PM

Where can we get those earrings?

by Anonymousreply 321June 17, 2023 12:01 AM

R318 nailed it.

Just because there’s an audience for something doesn’t mean there should be. I read book series long past when it was last good.

by Anonymousreply 322June 17, 2023 12:05 AM

r320 These are contractual credits resulting from contracts written in the late 1990s. Starr would be getting these credits if he was in a coma. I think he has to remain alive though.

by Anonymousreply 323June 17, 2023 12:15 AM

R323 that made me curious so I checked. Debra Hill still gets credited on new Halloween films and she died in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 324June 17, 2023 12:16 AM

I'm co-producing from the afterlife!

by Anonymousreply 325June 17, 2023 12:25 AM

The scene ends with us having hot car sex!!

by Anonymousreply 326June 17, 2023 12:32 AM

[quote]R317 Still no comments from the ditched three? (Four if you count Starr on Kim’s Do Not Disturb list.)

[quote]R319 doesn't Starr side with Cattrall?

I’m sorry - I think I meant Michael Patrick King.

You know how gossip gets mangled!

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2023 12:42 AM

R319, Starr was indeed pushed out. There was a section about it in the HBO oral history that came out about a year ago. SJP wasn’t happy with his output and enlisted Michael Patrick King to take over creative control in season two.

Starr, Cattrall, Patricia Field, and Candace Bushnell are all allies in the SJP/MPK/Nixon hate campaign. I don’t think anyone aside from Cattrall has an issue with Davis, although that remains to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2023 2:20 AM

Cynthia Nixon just gave an interview that’s in the New York post this morning where she blasts Kim Cattrall as saying she always was around egg-shells with her. I don’t that friendship is going to be fixed anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2023 11:41 AM

R329 I can imagine walking on eggshells around Nixon in case you misgender her iced tea or something.

What did Cattrall say about Davis? I suspect she knows Davis is aware of a lot of the shit treatment or unfairness they faced on SATC but has sided with the money

by Anonymousreply 330June 17, 2023 11:56 AM

More Cynthia

“We all love each other, we love our show, we wanted to do more of it. And we all wanted to be there. So that makes an enormous difference, that you’re not walking around on eggshells with someone who’s unhappy for reasons that are hard to even understand what they are.”

by Anonymousreply 331June 17, 2023 1:31 PM

Maybe Cattrall just didn't like looking at Nixon because it instantly made Cattrall think of what sex with Nixon and Rojo Caliente must look like.

by Anonymousreply 332June 17, 2023 1:33 PM

Rich people's problems.

by Anonymousreply 333June 17, 2023 2:25 PM

Cynthia is right that you don't want someone there who doesn't want to be there but isn't she being disingenuous saying she doesn't know why? She must know Kim didn't want to play the character in her 60s, she didn't like that SJP got a shedload more money for not much extra work, that she didn't like some of the more humiliating stories she had to play.

Might also be a good time to remind that the plot of the third movie had Samantha being sexted by Miranda's teenage son.

by Anonymousreply 334June 17, 2023 2:29 PM

Yeah Cynthia really spoke out of both sides of her mouth in that interview. I usually like her but she’s really slamming Kim for no good reason with this.

by Anonymousreply 335June 17, 2023 2:45 PM

Nixon also talked about how wonderful it is to tell adult stories now.

The stories now are garbage and her character has been destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 336June 17, 2023 3:04 PM

Cattrall was the only one honest enough to say she did the last movie for the money and that the end result was not good. The other three pretend they just love getting to tell these amazing stories and would gladly do it for free

R336 I concur, Miranda has been pulled down

by Anonymousreply 337June 17, 2023 3:25 PM

About the money....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 17, 2023 3:37 PM

I wonder if they were expecting lots of Emmys for S1? With grown up Carrie as a widow and Cynthia as a late in life lesbian

by Anonymousreply 339June 17, 2023 4:57 PM

R336 yeah Cynthia, things are so ADULT now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 17, 2023 6:42 PM

But the ho is making a cameo for half a mil. 😂

by Anonymousreply 341June 17, 2023 6:53 PM

R341 why not? She's part of the reasons the series was a hit and of they are throwing money at these people she deserves to cash in too

by Anonymousreply 342June 17, 2023 7:07 PM

R335

Cynthia is slamming Kim because she wants to blame an innocent party for the entire viewership laughing at her sexual fantasies via the Che character.

by Anonymousreply 343June 17, 2023 7:11 PM

I remember a Cattrall interview post SJP dustup where she said she during the SATC HBO run that she was promised she'd make her fuck-you money and instead SJP got the bucks.

by Anonymousreply 344June 17, 2023 7:13 PM

Just because she's guest starring doesn't mean she'll have to do a scene with SJP. There are plenty of ways to work around that.

by Anonymousreply 345June 17, 2023 7:22 PM

I don’t know why everyone is making such a big deal about Kim’s payday. They spend at least a million on bus and subway ads. Far more people will tune in to see Samantha than would be convinced by a heavily Photoshopped key poster of the other three standing and smiling.

This was marketing money spent effectively. Good on her for milking them out of a million for one scene.

by Anonymousreply 346June 17, 2023 7:27 PM

I picture Cattrall's cameo was shot like Mary Steenburgen's was in The Help. One day's work, three different sets and $$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 347June 17, 2023 7:27 PM

Love how they started the series with Miranda saying going gray was empowering and accepting of her age, then in the last episode they tried to spin her dying her hair orange again was empowering

by Anonymousreply 348June 17, 2023 7:31 PM

Why did SJP never show her tits in the series?

by Anonymousreply 349June 17, 2023 7:39 PM

R349 Because I’m not a whore like Kim Cattrall.

by Anonymousreply 350June 17, 2023 8:00 PM

Someone postulated that she had some disfigurement of her nipples after she had her implants

by Anonymousreply 351June 17, 2023 9:00 PM

R348 everything gashes do is stunning and brave. They spin it all to fit their narrative. Female Logic.

by Anonymousreply 352June 17, 2023 9:10 PM

I think Cynthia Nixon deserved to go on a listening tour like politicians have to and listen to really people rip her to shreds for ruining her character and legacy.

I think she would be legit shocked if she really understood how universally hated her arc on AJLT was

by Anonymousreply 353June 18, 2023 12:39 AM

SJP's boobs are fake?

by Anonymousreply 354June 18, 2023 1:09 AM

[quote] SJP's boobs are fake?

Yes. The first pair dropped off after she turned 250.

by Anonymousreply 355June 18, 2023 1:13 AM

R353 she would pull out the same lines as MPK. “People are just afraid”

by Anonymousreply 356June 18, 2023 1:21 AM

Mighty small implants.

by Anonymousreply 357June 18, 2023 1:26 AM

Yeah I hate that spin, that it's the audience's fault we don't like the changes to Miranda.

by Anonymousreply 358June 18, 2023 9:23 AM

"I'M SO GENEROUS! I LET KIM BACK! --SJP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 20, 2023 8:54 PM

Lol SJP's version makes it sound like they were behind the idea instead of being blindsighted by the news of it being done behind their backs

by Anonymousreply 360June 20, 2023 8:59 PM

MPK hits that there are 2 more layers of surprises to come with Samantha's appearance...

by Anonymousreply 361June 20, 2023 9:03 PM

HBO: We offered a shit ton of money and no contact with the screaming harpies.

SJP: I opened my heart to Kim.

And LOL at MPK being mad about the leak and thinking that Big's death was a shock to viewers. That story has been out for 10 years, dude

by Anonymousreply 362June 20, 2023 9:04 PM

Why not just say it was a great surprise and lovely to have her back in whatever form that takes instead of trying to take credit for it happening

by Anonymousreply 363June 20, 2023 9:06 PM

Davis: “The fans miss Samantha. The fans love Samantha. Samantha’s a fantastic character. We get it,” Davis said, noting that this year is the 25th anniversary of the original show. “It seemed like something that would be great to do.”

“Sometimes people aren’t in your life every day, but that doesn’t mean that you’re not connected,” Davis told the outlet. “I can’t give anything else away about the story, ’cause we’re trying to keep what secrets are left secret, but it makes sense for the circumstance that it’s in.”

She added, “Now that [fans] know about it, it seems like this very large thing, but it’s not really a very large thing. So I’m hoping that people are happy.”

Davis previously admitted that she doesn’t have any strong feelings toward Cattrall and her reprisal of Samantha. When asked if any of the cast speaks to Cattrall, Davis told the Telegraph, “You have to respect people’s wishes.”

“I’m not gonna waste energy on it. I can’t change anybody. I do understand fans’ feelings — that they’re upset … I wish I could fix it, but I can’t. It’s not in my power,” she added.

by Anonymousreply 364June 20, 2023 9:06 PM

Maybe Carrie falls down her stairs in those impossible heels and hallucinates the call?

by Anonymousreply 365June 20, 2023 9:09 PM

Even though she's technically a producer, I doubt Davis has any power or anyone listens to her.

by Anonymousreply 366June 20, 2023 9:09 PM

And after you wear the earrings they make gorgeous coasters.

by Anonymousreply 367June 20, 2023 9:23 PM

Surprised it took SJP a week to take the 'credit ' for this cameo. Like she'd have had that story spin ANY other way!

R357 Women as thin and athletic as she is work off most of their breast tissue leaving sad flaps of skin- she's had a few sets of implants, but downsized after FWC.

by Anonymousreply 368June 20, 2023 9:25 PM

R363, women like Parker have to have the last word and they also won't give up until you see them as they want you to see them. In this case, that's the "nice" persona which Kim has accused Parker of trying to project.

by Anonymousreply 369June 20, 2023 9:30 PM

See what I've been saying???

by Anonymousreply 370June 20, 2023 9:35 PM

Why do they do so much PR for this show? Just announce the date and let the trailer do the talking. They aren't going to win new viewers with their vapid pontifications

by Anonymousreply 371June 20, 2023 9:38 PM

I can't believe this show has even a million to pay all its actors, let alone just one.

by Anonymousreply 372June 20, 2023 9:39 PM

The last couple seasons of SATC, SJP was getting $3.2 million per episode and the others $350k.

I don't blame her for milking this for as long as people watch.

by Anonymousreply 373June 20, 2023 10:14 PM

Yeah but how much profit is this new iteration making? Can't be all that much

by Anonymousreply 374June 20, 2023 10:18 PM

R374 the fact that it was only renewed several months after the finale tells you it wasn't a hit.

by Anonymousreply 375June 20, 2023 10:22 PM

It was the most viewed show on HBO.

by Anonymousreply 376June 20, 2023 10:31 PM

R373 is that accurate? SJP earned 10 times what the others got?

by Anonymousreply 377June 20, 2023 10:31 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 378June 20, 2023 10:33 PM

Fuck I would detest SJP if she earned so much more than me and had lousy creative control

by Anonymousreply 379June 20, 2023 10:35 PM

[quote]The last couple seasons of SATC, SJP was getting $3.2 million per episode and the others $350k.

What a piece of shit she is but MPK also deserves some of the credit.

by Anonymousreply 380June 20, 2023 10:41 PM

Why is she a shit for asking for, and receiving an enormous salary?

by Anonymousreply 381June 20, 2023 10:43 PM

The Che character has the obnoxious personality of one of the one-episode guest star men in the original series that the women would have laughed about over lunch at Cafeteria. Couldn't we get a gay match for Miranda that didn't act like an obnoxious teenager who we're apparently supposed to like?

by Anonymousreply 382June 20, 2023 10:54 PM

Because she didn't share it more fairly by standing with her "girls" so they could get more compensation, it wasn't a success just because of her.

Also, the show became a fantasy when she got creative control as EP. Carrie became this perfect babe and the show lots a lot of its grittiness

by Anonymousreply 383June 20, 2023 10:55 PM

R382 YOU'RE JUST AFRAID!!

by Anonymousreply 384June 20, 2023 10:56 PM

Because they’re not that kind of people.

by Anonymousreply 385June 20, 2023 11:15 PM

^^ in response to

[quote]R363 Why not just say it was a great surprise and lovely to have her back in whatever form that takes instead of trying to take credit for it happening

by Anonymousreply 386June 20, 2023 11:16 PM

Kim Cattrall was the “Sex” in SATC. She did almost all the heavy lifting with sex scenes and nudity.

Yea, Cynthia and Kristen did some nudity and had sex scenes, but it Kim’s scenes that most people talked about. SJP did no nudity and had very few steamy sex scenes

Shame on SJP f she didn’t advocate for better salaries for the others. Even the Friends cast stuck together

by Anonymousreply 387June 20, 2023 11:17 PM

I get that she can earn more as she's the lead but to earn 10 times more then talk about friendship and solidarity? Come on!

I remember Kim talking about having more fairness in salaries years ago but wasn't supported at that time.

Plus SJP's pregnancy meant there were only 8 episodes in S5, so less pay for all. Did she make up the difference?

by Anonymousreply 388June 20, 2023 11:24 PM

This is hysterical that SJP is now acting as if this was all her idea and how gracious she is being despite the fact that Kim made it CLEAR she would only do one scene if she had nothing to do with SJP and MPK.

by Anonymousreply 389June 21, 2023 12:27 AM

Whoever decided that Sam considered Carrie an “ATM with a wig” and additionally cut Charlotte and Miranda out of her life needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

Talk about out of character for Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 390June 21, 2023 12:56 AM

Other than death, how could they have written out Samantha effectively? It's like when Joey with to Hollywood yet never mentioned and of his friends in NYC... no way in hell

by Anonymousreply 391June 21, 2023 1:03 AM

R340, that was fucking painful. So Che’s setting all the terms. Nice. Are we back to the first season of SATC?

Spellcheck turns Che into “ache.” Seems about right.

by Anonymousreply 392June 21, 2023 1:11 AM

[quote]I don’t know what happened: some kind of fan magic, some kind of show business magic.

Bull$hit.

by Anonymousreply 393June 21, 2023 2:38 AM

R388, it's called show business- not show friendship.. Between the series and the 2 movies, none of these women ever have to work again.

The fact that Sarah is #1 and the wealthiest shouldn't make Kim bitter; the others aren't.After all, she got her start showing her titties in lousy movies. Kim was never going to make Sarah- style money, and that was made clear to her.

by Anonymousreply 394June 21, 2023 6:13 AM

Kim said she was done and never coming back for any amount of money.

Makes her look like a money grubbing whore.

by Anonymousreply 395June 21, 2023 6:44 AM

Why not a Samantha spin-off? If she can carry a show (doubtful), HBO show us the money!

by Anonymousreply 396June 21, 2023 7:37 AM

No, R395, this was a triumph for Kim. She has conceded nothing: hasn't given SJP the opportunity to tout a "reconciliation" and has stepped away from the terrible arc they had planned for Samantha.

She's also made a load of money and reminded SJP and everyone else how popular Samantha is.

by Anonymousreply 397June 21, 2023 9:27 AM

I should say that she hasn't given SJP the opportunity to tout a reconciliation and sound *believable* while doing it. Parker is still trying to use this to make herself look good, of course, but it's clear from all the initial coverage that this was not a reconciliation.

by Anonymousreply 398June 21, 2023 9:29 AM

The men on Sex in the City were by and large so unattractive and the characters were more stereotype than identifiable human.

by Anonymousreply 399June 21, 2023 2:24 PM

Most of the men Sam fucked were hot. I loved that guy who was riding her when she got up to throw water over the hookers downstairs.

The nadir for me was the troll who took a shit with the bathroom door open

by Anonymousreply 400June 21, 2023 2:51 PM

Nixon and Davis were pushovers for SJP on salary, etc....Cattrall was not. And she made the show...subtract Samantha and the fun is gone.

This is just a last-ditch effort. It's like when Bea Arthur guested on "The Golden Palace."

by Anonymousreply 401June 21, 2023 8:26 PM

R401 not even. At least Bea was there in person for two episodes. Not on the phone. Again, it's more like Chrissy Snow calling in after Suzanne Sommers' contract dispute.

by Anonymousreply 402June 21, 2023 9:39 PM

Bea didn't have to be lured back with money, she was happy to support her former co-stars.

The fact SJP thought it was fine to earn 10 more than her co-stars is disgusting.

She didn't even have to do any of the awkward or embarrassing scenes and kept her bra on during sex

by Anonymousreply 403June 21, 2023 9:57 PM

SJP has an excellent agent, and included a no nudity clause in her contract.

She's the face of the brand, and is selling the hell out of if her shoe collection.

Gay men love Samantha because she acts like a gay man, but the frauen and frauen-adjacent love SJP.

by Anonymousreply 404June 21, 2023 10:36 PM

R404 SJP was popular and as the star of the show did deserve more money and creative control (possibly) but 10 times more than your "sisters" for little extra work? That's insulting and demeaning.

by Anonymousreply 405June 21, 2023 10:44 PM

Not only did SJP earn insultingly more money than Cattrall, she also worked to subtly undermine the character with more humiliating scenarios, and little bits of dialogue would be added to scenes for Carrie to judge Samantha.

And this sort of thing continues with "And Just Like That," which portrays Samantha negatively in a way that doesn't gibe with the way the character was portrayed on the earlier show. I hope the one scene does some work towards correcting this spiteful damage on the part of SJP and her poisonous handmaiden Michael Patrick King.

by Anonymousreply 406June 21, 2023 10:52 PM

I think SJP felt threatened by the popularity of Cattrall/Samantha...and her reaction has totally screwed up the show's legacy, which is null and void at this point.

SJP needed to be more clever about this undermining and keeping Cattrall in her place, but she's a former child actress and not the brightest. And so she miscalculated and now Cattrall hates her openly and we all know about it, and of course this taints the original show.

by Anonymousreply 407June 21, 2023 10:52 PM

It doesn't taint the show in the least. I watched the whole series again before AJLT along with the 2 movies.

The original still holds up.

by Anonymousreply 408June 22, 2023 1:08 AM

No matter how much DL loves to shit on SJP, the truth is she is VERY business savvy. The show made her rich beyond most people's wildest dreams and she couldn't have done that without a killer contract.

Is it sisterly? No. Is it smart? Yes. Chances are she would never spend time with these women after the show ended regardless of what money she made. Might as well make as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 409June 22, 2023 4:23 AM

It’s not smart, because SJP took it to the extent that relations with Cattrall broke down to the extent that she refused the insane scripts and poor wage. And then SJP was so desperate to get the reboot going that Davis and Nixon had more power, and Nixon gave us Che.

by Anonymousreply 410June 22, 2023 6:01 AM

R410 is right. If Cattrall had been offered a better storyline in movie 2 than menopausal Samantha loses her libido and insults the middle East, plus a fraction of SJP's salary, maybe she would have been more inclined to do a third movie.

by Anonymousreply 411June 22, 2023 6:26 AM

Nobody wears heels these days. They should have the girls lusting after trainers not Manolos. Or searching for reasonably comfortable formal shoes that don’t look like you stole them from a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 412June 22, 2023 7:44 AM

If SJP was a business genius, she’d have kept the second most important person in the cast happy.

by Anonymousreply 413June 22, 2023 7:53 AM

I hope their telephone exchange is inspired by Serial Mom.

"I'm a recently widower writer, please help!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 22, 2023 10:26 AM

MPK weighs in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 22, 2023 11:35 AM

Kim was given $10 million for the second movie, I believe. Not sure I'd call that poor wage.

I'm sure she's never earned that much before, and certainly won't now.

by Anonymousreply 416June 22, 2023 4:18 PM

R416 I'm not sure if she got that or not but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what others made and she had to fight for it. Cynthia and Kristin weren't supportive of fighting as a team for better salaries

by Anonymousreply 417June 22, 2023 6:58 PM

Please start more threads about this show

by Anonymousreply 418June 22, 2023 8:12 PM

If Kristen and Cynthia had been smart, they WOULD have teamed up with Kim and refused to return in the later seasons of the original series until they got better salaries. Let Carrie try to make the show without her posse and see how far that took her.

by Anonymousreply 419June 22, 2023 9:03 PM

A clique began to form, leaving Cattrall out in the cold.

Parker and Cynthia Nixon (Miranda), who’d known each other since their days as preteen Broadway actresses, gravitated toward each other and pretty quickly included co-star Kristin Davis (Charlotte) in their group. For the first couple of years, Cattrall had a real ally on set in the form of series creator and producer Darren Star. But when he left after the second season and was replaced by Parker’s friend Michael Patrick King, Cattrall was completely isolated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 22, 2023 9:05 PM

R419 SJP would have brought in a new herd.

by Anonymousreply 421June 22, 2023 9:06 PM

She could have, but it wouldn't have worked. The show was a hit because of the chemistry between the four women. Even with three of them, the new series is not the same (and also because they are all older than hell, of course).

by Anonymousreply 422June 22, 2023 9:11 PM

Yea the three could have got a better deal if they'd bargained together. I think Cattrall alluded to trying to get them to do that but they wouldn't agree. It would have just been smart business since the show was clearly making a lot of money in its heyday

by Anonymousreply 423June 22, 2023 9:45 PM

Ha! And now Cynthia and Kristen are making a million an episode, with producer credit.

Sorry Kim.

by Anonymousreply 424June 22, 2023 9:48 PM

R424 at least she didn't sell out to MPK's awful writing. He of course wanted her to be getting sexted by teenage Brady

by Anonymousreply 425June 22, 2023 9:50 PM

They could have made a million an episode 20 years ago if they'd listened to Kim. Think how much more that money would be worth today, properly invested.

by Anonymousreply 426June 22, 2023 10:08 PM

If Kim is such a fabulous actress and so knowledgeable, where is her hit TV series?

by Anonymousreply 427June 22, 2023 10:13 PM

SJP was under no obligation to be friends with SJP and was within her rights as the lead to have the highest salary.

BUT she should've advocated for the other women, as good business. Samantha was and is a fan favorite. A heftier paycheck and respectful storylines would probably have kept Kim around.

I've worked with PLENTY of people in Hollywood I don't like, some I can't even stand, but I get PAID for it, so whatever.

by Anonymousreply 428June 22, 2023 10:15 PM

R427 she's a very good stage actress and she was great in "Sensitive Skin" but having a big hit show or movie isn't easy, doesn't mean she wasn't valuable to SATC

by Anonymousreply 429June 22, 2023 10:18 PM

R427 what does SJP have besides the corpses of expired franchises?

by Anonymousreply 430June 22, 2023 10:22 PM

Money R430.

by Anonymousreply 431June 22, 2023 10:24 PM

SJP couldn't even pull a Golden Globe nomination for sad old Carrie

by Anonymousreply 432June 22, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] Ha! And now Cynthia and Kristen are making a million an episode, with producer credit.

Sorry Kim.

I love how people still fail to accept that Catrall is clearly not motivated by the paycheck, if she was, she would have turned up for the third movie and then chatted up Che in AJLT.

She is an older woman who has no kids to worry about and who has worked fairly consistently decades. I’ve no idea how much cash she has, but she clearly has enough to allow her to say no when she wants to.

by Anonymousreply 433June 22, 2023 10:38 PM

R 427, what was her hit series? Ummm...SATC.

Using that as a platform, Cattrall has worked consistently since. Not a season has gone by it seems that she has not had some series or some play. Now she has How I Met Your Father, where she has a very light lifting part that she gets paid very well for.>>

Davis has done nothing and Nixon finally seems to be coming back. But Cattrall never stopped.

And having worked with her a few times, she will always work because she is a low-key, no drama, warm presence on the set. If you hire her, you do not need to worry.

by Anonymousreply 434June 23, 2023 3:05 AM

If Kim refused to work with the others does that mean her phone call was done with a script girl saying SJP's lines?

by Anonymousreply 435June 23, 2023 10:51 PM

I think a lot of calls are just done by the person saying their own lines but who knows, makes sense someone would read "Carrie". I wonder who wrote it?!

by Anonymousreply 436June 23, 2023 11:04 PM

SJP: It was an idea that we had that was really about our 25 years, and celebrating that. “She had surfaced in the first season, but this simply taking those texts and it puts a face with it. “A gorgeous face, that we love, and that the audience has loved.” Revealing Kim’s appearance will be brief, she added: “It’s just a quick pop, it’s just a phone call. And its very much familiar. “It will be nice to see, as a nod to those 25 years and the relationship we have with the audience.” Sarah recently added Kim’s ‘AJLT’ cameo was “nostalgic” and brought “a lot of joy” to the cast.

by Anonymousreply 437June 24, 2023 3:32 AM

R436 - some Method actors demand that for such a telephone scene there is actually someone on the phone with them for realism. for the ebb and flow of natural conversation.

by Anonymousreply 438June 24, 2023 3:34 AM

R437 always trying to make herself look good, yet failing.

by Anonymousreply 439June 24, 2023 6:56 AM

SJP is such a fucking phony and liar

by Anonymousreply 440June 24, 2023 7:11 AM

How could it "bring joy" to the cast when the cameo was shot without any of the cast around? SJP is so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 441June 24, 2023 11:52 AM

Maybe the joy came from the fact that she wasn't around the others for her cameo.

by Anonymousreply 442June 24, 2023 12:24 PM

Who actually wrote the scene? Maybe it was part of Kim's condition that it was just a breezy short conversation and not some meaningful heart-to-heart. You know SJP would have preferred the latter

by Anonymousreply 443June 24, 2023 12:29 PM

The reboot doesn’t work because nobody cares about the new additions and they fucked up the stories for the original four.

The rich and privileged new people holds no interest to the original fans. After the pandemic, record inflation, Trump, and the almost overthrowing the government, nobody has time for rich fucks in Manhattan

The producers are so out of touch, they don’t realize this.

by Anonymousreply 444June 24, 2023 2:04 PM

Totally agree ^^

by Anonymousreply 445June 24, 2023 2:22 PM

This show is missing another cast member - The City. How would the Carrie of SATC live in New York in her late 50s? She doesn’t engage with it in a meaningful way. She goes for walks in her 4 inch heels, has the occasional coffee or dinner, went dancing once or twice. Sounds plausible. But where’s the life? People leaving middle age and heading towards the elderly bracket live a city life too so where is it?

The Vogue tribute to 25 years of the show as SJP gushing “Hello You!” ad nauseum but it shows how to showcase diversity while staying true to the tone that made it popular and celebrating New York. It light and silly and doesn’t take itself seriously and is better than anything spewed up in AJLT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 24, 2023 2:23 PM

R446 nailed it!!

by Anonymousreply 447June 24, 2023 5:19 PM

Carrie awakens in Bellevue realizing AJLT has been a Bobby-in-the-shower nightmare. She calls Samantha who declines the call with a I don't think so, bitch. Slow curtain, the end.

by Anonymousreply 448June 24, 2023 6:42 PM

No R448. The final scene is Samantha signing the commitment papers.

by Anonymousreply 449June 26, 2023 5:13 AM

Kristin Davis says Kim Cattrall’s And Just Like That cameo didn’t provide ‘closure’ to feud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 26, 2023 6:41 AM

^^ Of course not, Kristin. Because Kim doesn’t want to see, hear, or act with ANY of you!

by Anonymousreply 451June 26, 2023 6:56 AM

When Miranda rejects Che, Che becomes a serial killer picking off the cast members one by one. In the final episode Che reports back to someone that there is one person left to die - Carrie. Che has Carrie trapped and she hands her phone over to her saying someone wants to speaks to you. It is Samantha. Carrie asks Why? Why would you do this?! And Samantha replies in closeup, And Just Like That ... and then we hear Carrie scream. Samantha adds Goodbye, Bitch and hangs up the phone. The End.

by Anonymousreply 452June 26, 2023 7:35 AM

Will the return of Kim Cattrall give And Just Like That... the kickstart it needs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 27, 2023 11:43 PM

Making over Miranda in the later seasons didn't ring true for me. While she wasn't bad looking it just didn't fit the character to be so fashion conscious and made up at all points. Wasn't there one line (after moving to Brooklyn) where she refuses to swap her heels for flats during her commute? As if anyone is looking

by Anonymousreply 454June 28, 2023 6:36 PM

[quote] When Miranda rejects Che,

Why would Miranda reject Che? Why would anyone reject Che? Everybody Loves Che!

by Anonymousreply 455June 28, 2023 8:39 PM

Did Miranda show her orange minge yet?

by Anonymousreply 456June 28, 2023 8:42 PM

KIm breaks her silence!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 29, 2023 9:18 AM

Footage from The View on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 458June 29, 2023 9:20 AM

While she shouldn't have been so emphatic about never returning as Samantha as some now see this as backtracking, the woman has the right to change her mind. If the head of HBO calls and asks he what she wants in order to do a mere cameo she would be petty to not at least consider it.

While she owes nothing to the show it's cool she's not just refusing out of hard feelings and being mellow about it. And having Samantha appear looking terrific for a short breezy call is different from whatever shit she would have had to perform in MPK's scripts.

by Anonymousreply 459June 29, 2023 10:22 AM

I've been begging you, BEGGING you for a good script. Now you've always given me bad movies cos you knew I'd make them work. But I can't keep doing it!

by Anonymousreply 460June 29, 2023 10:29 AM

Kim with her pal Patricia Field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 29, 2023 11:17 AM

She should come back for four episodes next year. Breast cancer returns, deep dramatic scenes dealing with it culminating in a big Emmy winning death scene and then Carrie can have the rest of the episodes making Sam's death all about her as she did Big's.

by Anonymousreply 462June 29, 2023 11:57 AM

Her one line will be, "Fuck you." Parker will have Cattrall shot in HD close up under hot lights and with no makeup.

by Anonymousreply 463June 29, 2023 12:15 PM

I think Claire Foy won the Guest Emmy for under 2 minutes for a brief scene as The Queen in The Crown. There may be winners with even less screen time.

However, since the Emmys nominated Cattrall 5 times during SATC's heyday and she never won I'm not sure how much support she would get.

Maybe she also demanded the HBO boss would find an awards campaign for her, although I doubt she would be too bothered!

by Anonymousreply 464June 29, 2023 1:21 PM

SJP: I couldn't have been more upset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 1, 2023 4:50 AM

She called the leak a “big bummer” and said that now the show will lack those “fireworks” in the scene. “It’s a big bummer because it would have been so … like fireworks in the middle of it,” SJP said. She also went on to add that they wanted to keep the cameo under wraps to meet the viewer’s expectations. “Also, because we want to make sure that expectations are real."

by Anonymousreply 466July 1, 2023 4:52 AM

Cynthia Nixon: Nixon was asked by a fan who wrote into WWHL, 'Cynthia, with Kim making a small cameo this season, what you think the odds are of her appearing in a larger role in the third season?'

'I think very, very small. It was a cameo, I think it was a special treat for the 25th anniversary,' Nixon said.

She added, 'we tried so hard to keep it quiet. We're really sorry it got out. It would have been such a fun thing if you are watching the episode and she just popped up.

by Anonymousreply 467July 1, 2023 4:57 AM

More Cynthia:

Most of it was just this surprise of her coming back. I think we all are emphasizing it's really brief, it's just a moment, so don't be expecting anything other than that."

by Anonymousreply 468July 1, 2023 11:34 AM

Ha-Ha.

By this getting out before her cameo, Cattrall got to say, publicly, what amounts to "They needed me more than I needed them."

And she dictated terms of her appearance- solo, Pat Fields, Show Me the Money.

I have no idea if SJP is, or isn't, seething about how this all was revealed before the fact, but, any way you cut it, Cattrall won this round.

by Anonymousreply 469July 1, 2023 11:59 AM

R469 - yes Sarah is seething. See R465.

by Anonymousreply 470July 1, 2023 12:01 PM

Just a brief, blink-and-you-miss-it cameo? Shit, I wanted to see Cattrall and Parker have a low-down, bitch-slapping catfight reminiscent of Krystal and Alexis!

by Anonymousreply 471July 1, 2023 12:12 PM

SJP, being the Show Biz pro she is, is careful to spins the Samantha cameo leak as disappointing on behalf of the fans and show.

For her personally and her feud with Cattrall? That may have a different cast to it for SJP.

She knows, too, Cattrall, successfully seized the disclosure and rode it to her advantage, and no amount of SJP's words now, changes that.

by Anonymousreply 472July 1, 2023 12:14 PM

Yes, Sarah, everyone hates free publicity. Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 473July 1, 2023 12:17 PM

If Kim's cameo was HBO's idea then it makes sense they would leak it once Kim agreed despite any objection by SJP.

by Anonymousreply 474July 1, 2023 12:18 PM

Wow. I know they are celebrities, but they all come off as childish assholes. Maybe that's built in.

They could have all just said nothing from the beginning. Even if SJP "started it", Cattrall would have been smarter to not respond.

Davis and Nixon had no skin in the game. Why get involved? Did they need to be on SJP's side to get work and money?

That they all keep speaking of it is ridiculous. Just SHUT UP.

by Anonymousreply 475July 1, 2023 12:49 PM

SJP is always so ridiculous with her florid and disingenuous quotes. HBO leaked the cameo to drum up interest. There’s a reason the cameo is in the season finale, not in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 476July 1, 2023 1:06 PM

SJP’s media blitz is a perfect example of what Kim has been saying for years.

She is using Kim to restore her nice girl image that everyone knows is a total sham, but plays along with anyhow

by Anonymousreply 477July 1, 2023 1:13 PM

Old blonde rejoins teevee show

by Anonymousreply 478July 1, 2023 1:16 PM

R475 I guess they are all expected to sing from the same hymn sheet, like that fugly Jason Lewis who piped up saying what an amazing person SJP was, all with the hope of getting a scene in the then-mooted 3rd movie. Lying little shit

by Anonymousreply 479July 1, 2023 1:51 PM

I get David toeing the line. What else has she got going on? But Nixon has far more professional avenues. Why she sucks up to SJP is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 480July 1, 2023 1:56 PM

Kim gives mixed messages

Speaking on Today the 66-year-old said getting back into character was like 'dipping my toe back in time and having a wonderful afternoon, and then a great martini.'

When asked if she'd like to 'dip' her toe further, she said: 'That's as far as I'll go.'

However, the Liverpool-born thespian then gave a glimmer of hope that this might not be the last we'll see of the sex-mad PR guru.

'I don't think I'll ever say goodbye to Samantha,' she teased.

'She's like a lot of other characters that I've done over the years. I get very emotionally attached and protective of my characters. She gave me so much and I’m so appreciative of her.'

by Anonymousreply 481July 1, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote]Sarah Jessica Parker has said she “couldn’t have been more upset” after news of Kim Cattrall’s And Just Like That cameo was leaked

What DOESN’T upset this menopausal old harpy?

by Anonymousreply 482July 2, 2023 4:14 AM

I did not know this.

Cattrall was vocal about not wanting to return to the franchise when the Max sequel was first announced. The season one death of the Big character, played by Chris Noth, was a plot carried over from the Sex and the City 3 film that never materialized; the narrative of Big’s death and its focus on Carrie’s recovery was reportedly what made the since-vocal Cattrall uninterested in reprising her role, thus scrapping the third installment.

by Anonymousreply 483July 2, 2023 6:07 AM

R483 I remember Kim saying recently that season 1 of AJLT was basically the plot of the third movie.

Of course, her storyline of being sexted by teenage Brady had to be left out.

by Anonymousreply 484July 2, 2023 10:09 AM

To think of it, pronouns weren't a big deal back in 2017 so who knows what Charlotte's storyline was. Probably butting heads with some other Alpha mom types or causing controversy in her apartment building by letting out an exasperated swear word in the shared elevator

by Anonymousreply 485July 2, 2023 10:20 AM

Cynthia:

"I worry that with all the build-up people are going to wonder what all the fuss was about. It’s important to know that it is a very brief, very small cameo.”

by Anonymousreply 486July 2, 2023 10:23 AM

R486 please let her be talking about her tits!

by Anonymousreply 487July 2, 2023 10:26 AM

Cynthia Nixon is obsessed with telling people how small and insignificant Kim is.

What she fucking doesn’t understand is most people are watching AJLT only for Kim’s cameo.

Ego is a terrible thing.

by Anonymousreply 488July 2, 2023 12:14 PM

Nixon is trying to disguise her cuntiness with "concern" for the fans only getting a brief look at Samantha. She and SJP are two peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 489July 2, 2023 1:04 PM

R486 I'd be surprised if anyone in the AJLT production has seen the cameo except for SJP and MPK. Nixon may have an executive producer credit but I doubt she'd get to see it before the episode's released.

by Anonymousreply 490July 2, 2023 1:34 PM

Is Cynthia related to Richard Milhouse? They seem to share a cunt gene.

by Anonymousreply 491July 2, 2023 1:47 PM

Cynthia is just aggravated as she's really a bit of an exhibitionist who really pushed to be allowed to be more explicit in her love scenes.

She resented that Samantha got the more memorable scenes in SATC and insisted on going topless in hers too, even though the producers assured her that really wasn't necessary.

Now she sees herself as front and centre of AJLT she hoped all attention would be on her as a sexual pioneer and yet she's being overshadowed by Cattrall again, hence why she wants to pull focus back onto herself/Miranda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 2, 2023 2:27 PM

The doctor has spoken.

Spoiler: It’s Carrie. Disgusting, horse faced Carrie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493July 2, 2023 8:59 PM

Look at the state of Miranda in that pic at R493. She single-handedly caused a decrease in male viewership everyone she featured on a SATC ad campaign

by Anonymousreply 494July 2, 2023 9:18 PM

WAS there a male viewership?

by Anonymousreply 495July 2, 2023 9:31 PM

Gay male, but I doubt Miranda drove any of them (us) away...

[quote] What DOESN’T upset this menopausal old harpy?

Adulation?

by Anonymousreply 496July 4, 2023 3:42 AM

On Today interview KC says it took them 4 hours to shoot her cameo. That's some cameo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497July 4, 2023 6:43 AM

It probably took four hours to whittle the scene down to a small cameo so that Cynthia Nixon would approve how small it was so that she could give 100 interviews proudly exclaiming how small the cameo is

by Anonymousreply 498July 4, 2023 9:59 AM

Even filming a scene takes ages with all the logistics. If she ever deigns to reappear she should demand the set is ready to go and she just flounces in

by Anonymousreply 499July 4, 2023 10:38 AM

Maybe she counts costume, hair and makeup as part of the 4 hours.

by Anonymousreply 500July 4, 2023 10:43 AM

I don’t think so. She said she arrived on set at 12:00 and was done around 4:00. Makeup and Hair trailers aren’t really part of the set. That’s why they come and tell you, “We’re ready for you on set.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501July 4, 2023 3:40 PM

R501 - It takes a long time to hang all those lights strategically not to mention the special gels on the lens.

by Anonymousreply 502July 4, 2023 3:44 PM

I was thinking watching the r497 interview that while she’s older than the rest of the cast, she also looks BETTER.

I wonder if that mightily pisses them off, too.

by Anonymousreply 503July 4, 2023 3:48 PM

Maybe Cynthia is especially bitter because as a lez, she tried to worm her way into Cattrall’s heart and muff over the years, and was literally [italic]shut out.[/italic]

The other two might give Nixon “lapping rights” so she doesn’t weaken and drift over to Kim’s side once more. Only to be again rebuffed.

It’s a vicious (and viscous) cycle.

by Anonymousreply 504July 4, 2023 3:54 PM

Kim Cattrall’s ‘And Just Like That…’ Cameo Won’t Be Long, but May Be Important

Parker said that the exchange between Samantha and Carrie would come at an “opportune” time for her character and would be about a “consequential” event.

Parker previously said that the exchange would be small and happy. Still, with her newest hints about Kim Cattrall’s cameo, we can’t help but theorize what it might all be about. Considering the exchange is set to take place toward the end of the series, we can’t help but wonder if the former besties will be discussing Carrie’s renewed romance with Aidan Shaw.

John Corbett, the actor who played Aidan Shaw, is set for a big return. His storyline looks like it will play out across multiple episodes. Carrie and Aidan’s love affair ended in disaster twice before he moved on and married a fellow furniture designer. Still, he’s kept an eye on Carrie and it looks like the duo could pick up where they left off. Things could end badly yet again, though.

by Anonymousreply 505July 4, 2023 8:59 PM

Vicious “circle”, not “cycle”, R504.

by Anonymousreply 506July 4, 2023 9:21 PM

[quote]r505 Parker said that the exchange between Samantha and Carrie would come at an “opportune” time for her character and would be about a “consequential” event.

Maybe they discuss the cancellation of the series?

by Anonymousreply 507July 4, 2023 10:11 PM

[quote]r506 Vicious “circle”, not “cycle”, [R504] —Oh, dear!

“Vicious cycle” and “vicious circle” can be used interchangeably.

by Anonymousreply 508July 4, 2023 10:18 PM

Vicious icicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509July 4, 2023 10:31 PM

Vicious bicycle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510July 5, 2023 6:35 AM

[quote] Carrie and Aidan’s love affair ended in disaster twice before he moved on and married a fellow furniture designer. Still, he’s kept an eye on Carrie and it looks like the duo could pick up where they left off. Things could end badly yet again, though.

Is Aiden finally going to snap and bash Carrie's skull in with a spare 2x4? I'd tune in for that.

by Anonymousreply 511July 6, 2023 2:49 AM

Is Cattrall going to be topless while on the phone?

by Anonymousreply 512July 6, 2023 3:17 PM

Yes R512 that's what I heard too. Apparently she and Pat Field got so pissed on champagne before the shoot she couldn't squeeze into the frock. Kim, ever the pro, just unhooked her bra and said "Fuck it, just tell them it's a woman's right to go topless, or some shit".

Thanks to green screen they are now planning to spin it that Sam is on a luxury yacht, tanning her tits with a bevy of beautiful boys dying to cater to her every whim.

by Anonymousreply 513July 6, 2023 3:44 PM

Is Sarah Jessica Parker jealous of Kim Cattrall?

According to insiders who spoke to Radar Online, Parker hopes this "expensive gamble pays off and the show gets decent ratings." The source added, "It's very frustrating for Sarah. She's put her heart and soul into this project, and Kim's stolen the show! While Kim takes this bow and counts her bash, Sarah's been busting her butt promoting the show nonstop and fending off questions about Kim's cameo," the source claimed.

by Anonymousreply 514July 10, 2023 9:40 AM

R514 - It's a hard knock life for Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 515July 10, 2023 12:01 PM

To borrow Jeremy Irons’s line in “Margin Call”:

[SJP] could have been digging ditches all these years.

by Anonymousreply 516July 10, 2023 12:04 PM

Geee Sarah, I wonder if there is a lesson to be learned here? Hmmmm…

by Anonymousreply 517July 10, 2023 1:38 PM

A Margin Call reference on a AJLT thread?

I love you r516.

by Anonymousreply 518July 10, 2023 2:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!