Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Controversial Toronto Blue Jays player is promoting anti-LBGTQ propaganda

This is the same douche whose wife had a melt down because she had to clean up after her brats on an airplane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2023 7:08 PM

Popcorn thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 29, 2023 6:51 PM

I've search for pictures and on Google there are numerous pictures where he looks like a Disney villain. I can't remember which one.

It's the high, arched eyebrows and sinister smile.

by Anonymousreply 2May 29, 2023 7:17 PM

His wife and he are cunts. And Toronto sucks!

by Anonymousreply 3May 29, 2023 7:21 PM

I hope the Jays cut him. He's apparently a shitty player anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4May 29, 2023 7:26 PM

A dumb jock? How surprising.

by Anonymousreply 5May 29, 2023 7:29 PM

Basshole

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2023 7:46 PM

Relief pitcher? Dime a dozen. Fuck this asshole. You face 4, maybe 5 batters a night? Gimme a catcher any day.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2023 7:52 PM

Boycott the boycotter?

The loop closes and endlessly circles itself.

by Anonymousreply 8May 31, 2023 8:25 PM

R7, I agree. Catchers are the best.

by Anonymousreply 9May 31, 2023 8:25 PM

Now he stuffed the other foot in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 10May 31, 2023 9:31 PM

[quote] Manager John Schneider said Bass apologized to him and general manager Ross Atkins when he arrived at the ballpark Tuesday. Schneider suggested Bass speak to the team.

[quote] "I recognize yesterday I made a post that was hurtful to the Pride community, which includes friends of mine and close family members of mine. I am truly sorry for that," Bass said. "I just spoke with my teammates and shared with them my actions yesterday. I apologized with them, and as of right now I am using the Blue Jays' resources to better educate myself to make better decisions moving forward.

BItch, PLEASE. Let me cut through this public-facing PR department bullshit and tell you how this really went down. The publicity team saw him talking shit on his social media yet again, bringing another round of headaches to their organization. So they hauled his ass in and TOLD him 1.) he WILL apologize TODAY, 2.) he will make a short public statement that's already been WRITTEN FOR HIM, 3.) he will make ONLY that statement, verbatim, 4.) he will take NO QUESTIONS from the press pool, and 5.) he will also apologize to his teammates for causing negative publicity for the team.

Because, do you really think a fucking knuckle-dragger Bubba like this entitled asshole just slept on it and did a total 180 on his bigoted views, complete with heartfelt apology? Bitch, PLEASE. 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 31, 2023 11:42 PM

As always with shit like this, I would LOVE to hear from these friends and family in the "Pride community."

by Anonymousreply 12May 31, 2023 11:49 PM

R11 - yeah, I think most of us gathered all that. It was probably an ultimatum about agreeing to this or facing a breach of contract somehow- or worse. Money is a great motivator to make people suddenly feel remorseful for being a grade -A asshole.

by Anonymousreply 13May 31, 2023 11:49 PM

Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 14May 31, 2023 11:52 PM

People who reply on this thread, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15May 31, 2023 11:56 PM

R11, amazing. It sounds like you speak from experience. Are you in PR or HR?

I’m with you R12 and R13.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2023 3:22 AM

R13 r14 r15

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2023 3:37 AM

R16 I'm a comms exec. Sometimes promotional/marketing, sometimes crisis response and mea culpas. And yes, you're right to point out HR. I forgot to mention that HR would definitely have been co-chair in orchestrating a response like this, since it involves an employee and known organization personality.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2023 3:57 AM

What exactly did he say in this controversial video?

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2023 4:02 AM

I doubt any of his gay family members are close to him. If they even exist.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2023 4:14 AM

Toronto fans booed him tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2023 5:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2023 5:59 AM

R21 Funny to see the “boycott Target” types criticise the booing. How dare they say what they feel? ;)

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2023 6:12 AM

Ha ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 9, 2023 6:33 PM

He was supposed to catch the ceremonial pitch for pride night. (To make amends I guess.) I bet he flipped his shit about it and it was the last straw

by Anonymousreply 25June 9, 2023 6:38 PM

This is wonderful. He fucked around and now he's finding out.

by Anonymousreply 26June 9, 2023 7:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!