Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Asshole "Christian" Blue Jays Pitcher Expects Airline to Clean Up After His Sloppy Kids

Male Karen Anthony Bass took to Twitter to whine because a flight attendant asked he and his wife to clean up their kids' mess. He thinks that's something peasants do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2023 5:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 17, 2023 9:04 PM

He and his wife might be cunts but it is the responsibility of employees to clean up messes, not customers. Anybody who has ever worked in a public facing job knows that.

by Anonymousreply 2April 17, 2023 9:09 PM

R2 agreed. Usually businesses don't want customers to clean up if there's a possibility they'll be hurt.

by Anonymousreply 3April 17, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote]because a flight attendant asked he and his wife to clean up

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 4April 17, 2023 9:18 PM

I wish they'd do this more on planes. When disembarking I always dislike seeing people leaving their rubbish behind, like pigs. That said, if I'd accidentally spilt crumbs I wouldn't get down to pick all of them up as it's too awkward with so many people crammed in together.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2023 9:19 PM

The airline staff should not have asked their passengers to clean up. Could the parents be more aware of what their kids are up to? yes, but this is not the point.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2023 9:29 PM

Is his wife Black? Or the little kid has a curly Afro wig

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2023 9:36 PM

The crew shouldn't even have to ASK for a parent to clean up their mess. The parent should do it out of common decency.

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2023 9:47 PM

R2, fuck off. No it is not. There are probably over a hundred passengers on that plane and likely 3-5 flight attendants. There is no way they could perform all of their duties and be running around cleaning up after everyone. I don't know what your issue is but absolutely no reasonable person would expect a flight attendant to clean up after someone's child, and a 5 year old at that. The parent should be instructing their child to clean up their own messes at that age,

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2023 9:51 PM

I thought the airlines had cleaning crews who tidied up the plane. I've often seem them waiting on the exit ramps when I 'de-planed', as they say.

My guess is he and/or his wife were insufferable on the flight, and the flight crew just wanted to needle them.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2023 9:55 PM

Don't the airlines have handheld vacuums and other cleaning equipment? Did they expect customers to disinfect the plane during the COVID19 pandemic? And what about the bathrooms?

by Anonymousreply 11April 17, 2023 9:56 PM

I think they’d be more willing to help someone who got sick and made a mess, or an elderly person who spilled something. But a kid with an able-bodied parent who’s throwing food on the floor? Team Flight Attendant.

by Anonymousreply 12April 17, 2023 9:59 PM

R10 I usually fly on short-haul flights and have never once seen a cleaning crew waiting for a plane. I always make sure to thank the cabin crew as I get off, even if they've not personally done anything for me, as I think they have to put up with a lot of shit

by Anonymousreply 13April 17, 2023 9:59 PM

Flight attendant team.

by Anonymousreply 14April 17, 2023 10:00 PM

There are no "cleaning crews," where is that coming from? Flight attendants clean the cabin after each leg.

by Anonymousreply 15April 17, 2023 10:01 PM

That photo is clearly a United Express regional jet. Those flight attendants are not employed by United and aren’t well-paid.

by Anonymousreply 16April 17, 2023 10:01 PM

Of course cleaning crews come in between flights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 17, 2023 10:04 PM

Maybe the FA just thought the wife was hefty

by Anonymousreply 18April 17, 2023 10:05 PM

R17 only on certain flights. On many flights short flights they already have the next set of passengers waiting to board when the others disembark. They expressly say to please clean up as they have a short turnaround time

by Anonymousreply 19April 17, 2023 10:07 PM

These airlines received billions of dollars from taxpayers to remain solvent, they don't have a budget for a staff to sweep up after a toddler?

This is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 20April 17, 2023 10:20 PM

The flight attendant should’ve grabbed the wife by the scruff of her neck and pointed to the mess while angrily saying, “No! No!”

Why not treat her like the BITCH she clearly is?

by Anonymousreply 21April 17, 2023 11:09 PM

Telling a Good Christian Man to clean up after his fucking kids never does any good.

The most he'll ever do is tell his wife to clean up after the fucking messy kids.

by Anonymousreply 22April 17, 2023 11:15 PM

A pregnant woman traveling with two young kids thought to bring snacks for them so they would be occupied and behave well and some popcorn got spilled on the floor?

If that’s what really happened then the FA is an asshole. And if they don’t have cleaning crews, then the FA’s gripe is with their employer, not the passenger.

Now, leaving trash behind or making a mess that’s not a typical mess incidental to a toddler eating popcorn would be a different story.

But if the mom was really the asshole, would she have picked up the popcorn, or just said “fuck you?”

by Anonymousreply 23April 17, 2023 11:18 PM

100% They did not FORCE HER ON HER HANDS AND KNEES. As if. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24April 17, 2023 11:28 PM

Why didn't the husband clean it up?

by Anonymousreply 25April 17, 2023 11:32 PM

"A staff," R20? It's a plane, not a resort. Space is limited. This isn't a staffing issue, its an entitlement issue; flight attendants aren't cleaning ladies.

You're probably a real treat to travel with, I'm sure. A real Karen's Karen.

by Anonymousreply 26April 17, 2023 11:57 PM

United doesn't fuck around...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 17, 2023 11:59 PM

Am I missing something or is the point of notating that he's a Christian to imply that the flight attendants were bitch gay kweens?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 18, 2023 12:17 AM

R28 No. The point of him being noted as being a Christian is to highlight is extreme non-Christian behavior.

by Anonymousreply 29April 18, 2023 12:39 AM

Z-list actor William deVry is supporting this piece of shit. Fuck Anthony. Fuck Willy.

by Anonymousreply 30April 18, 2023 12:41 AM

Were they flying first class?

by Anonymousreply 31April 18, 2023 12:50 AM

No, those are coach seats. You can tell because the tray table is on the back of the seat in front, not in the armrest like they are in the wider first-class seats.

by Anonymousreply 32April 18, 2023 12:55 AM

if children were placed into cargo, passengers would applaud. If it's safe enough for pets, it's safe enough for your crotch fruit.

You just know these are the same parents that leave unfolded dirty diapers in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 33April 18, 2023 1:01 AM

It looks they were flying economy.

by Anonymousreply 34April 18, 2023 1:05 AM

Anthony behaves like an entitled cunt and should be sterilized.

by Anonymousreply 35April 18, 2023 1:26 AM

He looks able enough to clean up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 18, 2023 3:58 AM

He's married? I can confirm he doesn't act like it when he travels alone.

by Anonymousreply 37April 18, 2023 7:09 AM

She should have brought a dustbuster

by Anonymousreply 38April 18, 2023 7:22 AM

He’s gorgeous. Not guilty!

by Anonymousreply 39April 18, 2023 8:49 AM

This asshole is doubling down now. What a complete piece of shit he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 18, 2023 10:46 AM

@ R15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 18, 2023 10:52 AM

Are you a Christian OP? If not, who are you to say how Christians should act?

by Anonymousreply 42April 18, 2023 10:53 AM

[quote]And what about the bathrooms?

Don't ask.

by Anonymousreply 43April 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Is a pregnant woman even showing at 26 weeks?

by Anonymousreply 44April 18, 2023 11:04 AM

R42 is also a Christian who doesn't like it when fellow Christians are caught in the act of being less than Christian.

by Anonymousreply 45April 18, 2023 11:07 AM

R45, tell me how Christians should behave.

by Anonymousreply 46April 18, 2023 11:09 AM

Also tell me again how this is gay related? Or is anything more than trolling shit stirring?

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2023 11:11 AM

R46 With empathy, understanding, caring, responsibility, and accountability.

You know...like decent human beings.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2023 11:14 AM

[quote]He's married? I can confirm he doesn't act like it when he travels alone.

Whut? Ok, spill.

by Anonymousreply 49April 18, 2023 11:14 AM

R47 You must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 50April 18, 2023 11:15 AM

Ugh, I hate it when men act like aggressive assholes while hiding behind their wives & kids. They'll probably just asked them to pick it up because they've got a quick turn around (this would be the same guy bitching about how a flight kept his children & pregnant wife waiting) and this asshole thought he'd try to shame United into some free shit.

by Anonymousreply 51April 18, 2023 11:18 AM

I don't think anyone should be obliged to clean up. They could be helpful, depending on the content. But sanitation is the company's responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 52April 18, 2023 11:18 AM

depending on the context.

by Anonymousreply 53April 18, 2023 11:19 AM

Very unlikely the flight attendant knew she was pregnant. 22 weeks just looks like a bit of paunch. And if she's flying, she's not under any physical restrictions. Certainly not enough to keep her from bending over like a normal person and picking up a few kernels of popcorn. If she was down on her hands and knees, that was her choice. Or maybe she was just scouting the economy section for a better husband?

by Anonymousreply 54April 18, 2023 11:30 AM

Oh, “United provided the popcorn”. Yes, United forced that poor starving child with no manual dexterity to consume a snack on a short flight because the pregnant therefore incapacitated mother neglected to bring fruit pouches.

by Anonymousreply 55April 18, 2023 11:44 AM

Serving food on the plane doesn't obligate the flight attendants to clean it up if a child throws it on the floor. If I go to a restaurant and they bring free bread to the table, no reasonable person would expect wait staff to crawl around on the floor picking up dinner rolls that some spoiled child threw on the floor.

These people are nuts. Conservatives used to value personal responsibility, and parents would view experiences like this as an opportunity to teach their children to clean up after themselves, be aware of their surroundings, and show care for the people around them. But modern day Republicans and their ilk would rather play class warfare and force "the little people" to do their bidding. Sick, and it really shows how far conservative culture and values have fallen under Trump.

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2023 12:14 PM

In situations like this, I always ask myself what Hilaria Baldwin would do.

by Anonymousreply 57April 18, 2023 12:15 PM

She would use an exaggerated faux-accent, and claim not to know the English word for "popcorn," R57.

by Anonymousreply 58April 18, 2023 12:17 PM

Ask “eh, ow do you say, de pawpcorn?” R57

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2023 12:18 PM

Who Would Jesus Blame and Shame?

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2023 12:19 PM

R28, it's the first word in his Twitter bio. It's how he defines himself publicly. He's loudly and ostentatiously "Christian" but he also thinks a worker who makes 1/100th of his inflated salary should crawl around on the floor of a plane cleaning up after his uncontrollable family, and if they don't he sees fit to shame them and try to get them fired, while angling for some kind of compensation from the airline.

This dude might go to church and blab about Jesus at every turn, and I'm sure he religiously votes the same way his evangelical pastor and all his church friends tell him to, but he't the furthest thing from "Christlike."

And he'd probably love to see every gay person on earth burned alive, but that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2023 12:27 PM

If someone drops a roll on the floor in a restaurant a staff person comes by later and sweeps it up if it is under the table. If it is out in the aisles a waiter picks it up.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2023 12:27 PM

"Mya cheeren speel da pawpacorn! Please to cleen up! Chop chop! Lees go!"

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2023 12:29 PM

I clicked on this guy's twitter feed & he sounds like a gold star tool (and one who apparently has too much time on his hands). Not surprisingly, he's been attacked, so he's putting people on blast who criticize him. But he seems to take comfort in that apparently United is reprimanding the flight attendant who committed this terrible wrong on his family - so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2023 12:44 PM

It's pathetic that the airline fired the flight attendant just because this ass has a big social media following.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2023 12:51 PM

What escapes most people is that the flight attendants are not there to babysit people's kids, help them with their luggage, or provide a concierge service. The FAs are there to get 100 plus people on and off an airplane safely. They do not get paid to clean the aircraft. They are asked to do so any way. I'm Team Flight Attendant all the way.

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2023 12:52 PM

No one says the FA should have cleaned it either. Just leave the damned popcorn on the floor. Its just popcorn. A dry and not very smelly thing. Someone can deal with it after the passengers are off the plane.

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2023 1:14 PM

I don't see anywhere online claiming the FA was fired.

by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2023 1:58 PM

I’m so in love with r55 right now it hurts!

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2023 3:49 PM

[quote]In situations like this, I always ask myself what Hilaria Baldwin would do.

Hilarious wouldn't have had any trouble getting down on the floor to pick up the popcorn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2023 3:54 PM

I agree that it is the responsibility of the cleaning crew. If UA is too cheap to hire cleaning staff they need to reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2023 4:33 PM

STFU, R71. Are you paid to be a troll?

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2023 4:49 PM

There are other ways to handle unruly passengers...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2023 4:49 PM

I AM ALSO AN IDIOT CONTRARIAN. EVERY PASSENGER SHOULD RECEIVE THEIR OWN PERSONAL STAFF UPON ENTERING THE PLANE. THE AIRLINE SHOULD REMOVE THE COCKPITS FROM EVERY PLANE AND REPLACE IT WITH A STAFF OF JANITORS AND MAIDS. I AM A REAL HUMAN AND A HEARTLAND USA HOMOSEXUAL /end transmission.

by Anonymousreply 74April 18, 2023 4:52 PM

This bish sent her husband and sister to social media because she was asked to pick up some popcorn? How much of a narcissistic nightmare must she be in real life? My thoughts with every service person, teacher, etc. who has or will have to deal with this nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 75April 18, 2023 4:53 PM

This is a mixture of “Don’t you know who I am?” and “As a mother with two kids alone, I should be assisted by everyone within earshot or eyesight at all times.” Neither get much sympathy from me.

I will say though, United created this problem by giving a toddler and a kindergartener popcorn. I worked in a restaurant in college which gave crackers and cheese to customers when they sat down and if kids were at the table we knew to expect a mess.

by Anonymousreply 76April 18, 2023 4:57 PM

But isn't the whole point of being a poor that you're supposed to wait on your social superiors? I mean, that's why we let them live.

Isn't it? As much as I despise their existence, we *need* servants.

This stewardess doesn't know her place in the natural pecking order. She's clearly either a feminazi or a lesbian since she's working on a plane instead of flying on one with her brood. If she had made better choices maybe she would have a rich husband, too.

by Anonymousreply 77April 18, 2023 4:59 PM

There are crews paid to clean the aircraft between flights.

It was stupid at ask a pregnant woman to do that. It was just inviting PR bullshit. But I accept stewardesses are paid poorly and correspondingly entitled and bitter.

But, it's United. She was lucky they didn't throw her off bodily like that poor guy the last time United landed in the soup.

by Anonymousreply 78April 18, 2023 5:02 PM

DL is so reflexively irrational about kids. You were kids once. Apparently very badly abused kids, given how you've turned out.

by Anonymousreply 79April 18, 2023 5:08 PM

Judge Judy has commented on Anthony's comments and called it "Outrageous behavior! Outrageous! "

by Anonymousreply 80April 18, 2023 5:12 PM

It's the airline's responsibility to clean up!

Some FAs bully people. If you protest, they'll deem you're unruly. They'll toss you off the plane.

Although the FA was wrong, I admire her chutzpah. Celebrities and their spouses are ass-kissed all the time.

As someone posted, why in the hell is the airline serving popcorn? It's a messy nuisance. (I worked in a movie theater, a thousand years ago.)

by Anonymousreply 81April 18, 2023 5:33 PM

Was it a few kernels or did the kid fling the whole bag around? The FA may have been overly cautious but I could see it being hazard if someone slipped on a big pile of the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 82April 18, 2023 5:34 PM

You mentioned that he is a Christian, but he is clearly the woke type of Christian, cause the younger child is black or biracial, while he and his wife are both white.

by Anonymousreply 83April 18, 2023 5:48 PM

I mean, they clearly adopted the younger girl, if some black pal was not involved.

by Anonymousreply 84April 18, 2023 5:49 PM

Yet he got no sympathy on the Twitter. Almost everyone was giving him shit for being an entitled asshole, saying that he has no right to expect someone else to clean his children's mess. One tweet was particularly witty, a guy said: "The air crew had to put your wife on her hands and knees when you are not able to do it."

by Anonymousreply 85April 18, 2023 5:57 PM

Hello airlines - I would totally pay $$$ to fly on a child-free flight. Throw in a requirement that all passengers have to wear shirts with sleeves and a promise to permanently place passengers who take off their shoes on the no fly list and I will pay even more.

by Anonymousreply 86April 18, 2023 6:10 PM

R79, yes I was a kid once.

If I’d made a mess my mother would have cleaned it up and beat my ass when we got home.

Black folks, white folks, Asian folks… everyone would have suffered and learned.

by Anonymousreply 87April 18, 2023 8:41 PM

[quote]Although the FA was wrong, I admire her chutzpah. Celebrities and their spouses are ass-kissed all the time.

I can guarantee that nobody on this flight knew this bitch was some type of “celebrity”.

by Anonymousreply 88April 18, 2023 9:07 PM

She was probably acting like an entitled bitch the whole flight while sitting in her Economy seat, and the flight attendant wasn’t going to have it when the brat started throwing food on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 89April 18, 2023 9:09 PM

His tweet mentioned the FA bringing wet wipes to the mom, which makes me think this was more than just a few popcorn kernels. You don't need wet wipes to clean up popcorn.

It must have been some mess.

by Anonymousreply 90April 18, 2023 9:40 PM

I can’t stand a faux-helpless bitch. You’re pregnant, not disabled. Clean it up!

R83 what nonsense. There are many young, white, borderline-MAGAt anti-abortion Christians participating in cross-racial adoptions. They are not doing it for wokery.

by Anonymousreply 91April 18, 2023 9:43 PM

Rosanne Cash thought she was all white too.

by Anonymousreply 92April 18, 2023 9:46 PM

Like i said, Tony Woodward, abused. But you seem so well adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 93April 18, 2023 11:11 PM

R84, she tried to pass her off as his child until the child got older and the jig was up. He had to adopt her. Rumor is it is one of his black teammate’s kid.

by Anonymousreply 94April 18, 2023 11:49 PM

It’s fun to peek into the lives of the trash who fly economy.

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2023 6:25 PM

R94 you mean he is a cuck?

by Anonymousreply 96April 20, 2023 5:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!