Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

High School Hottie Missing in the Bahamas

An 18-year-old went overboard in the Bahamas and is missing days after walking across the stage at his high school graduation, school officials said.

Cameron Robbins was a student at University Laboratory High School, a preparatory school through Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge.

“Recent graduate of University High Lab School, 18-year-old Cameron Robbins is missing after he went overboard a boat last night in the Bahamas,” LSU spokesperson Abbi Rocha Laymoun told McClatchy News in an email on May 25. “School administrators are aware of the situation and are providing extra counselors for students and faculty who know him.”

Robbins was traveling with a group of seniors from multiple schools on a trip to Atlantis, in Paradise Island, LSU officials told BRProud.

Robbins graduated from high school on Sunday, May 21, The Advocate reported.

The U.S. Coast Guard said in a Facebook post that it is assisting the Royal Bahamas Defence Force with “search efforts for a missing U.S. citizen believed to have fallen overboard from a sunset cruise near Nassau, yesterday evening.”

The Royal Bahamas Police Force told WBRZ it is investigating a claim that Robbins jumped into the water on a dare and swam in the water next to the boat with a life jacket nearby.

“A 13-year kid here at U-High,” Lab School Director Kevin George told the outlet. “That’s a special kid that’s been here throughout his entire educational career. He’s an athlete, great kid, great smile, great head of hair. Just one of the kids you’re so proud of when they cross the stage.”

U-High administrators were in contact with local authorities and Robbins’ family, and told McClatchy News the search was ongoing in the Bahamas.

“The University Lab School Community is praying for the best possible outcome of this situation,” George told McClatchy News in an email. “In times like these we must come together and support each other. Words fall short of expressing the worry our entire school community is feeling. ... Our thoughts are with the Robbins family, and we ask that you keep them in your thoughts as well.”

Robbins is from Baton Rouge, The Advocate reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 19, 2023 8:42 PM

Was he a pitcher or a catcher?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2023 5:50 PM

He is not really that good looking: therefore we at The Datalounge are indifferent to his fate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2023 5:59 PM

His father is a cutie (I think that's him in the picture in the link).

This is the fate of another Zoomer taking 'a dare'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2023 6:04 PM

He's the one on the right. Cookie-smelling potential for sure. Sad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2023 6:06 PM

[quote] Cookie-smelling potential for sure.

Not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2023 6:08 PM

Aww he was cute. The father is repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2023 6:10 PM

Dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2023 3:01 PM

He had a little sugar in him..

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2023 3:19 PM

Darwin award

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2023 3:21 PM

He had a wonky face, but he couldn’t swim forever.

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2023 3:23 PM

This is why you cannot pay me to dip my toe in an ocean, let alone swim in one AT NIGHT.

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2023 3:27 PM

Got too drunk

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2023 3:32 PM

Natalee Holloway he is not.

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2023 3:45 PM

Helix Studio has another angel.

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2023 3:45 PM

"Great head of hair", but not a lick of common sense.

There's doing stupid things while drunk, and then there's jumping from a boat into the ocean...

I can't imagine the parent's. grief.

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2023 4:01 PM

“ . . . the parent's. grief.“

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2023 4:07 PM

Geez - he must have been so drunk he couldn't get to the life preserver they threw to him.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2023 4:08 PM

r17 I don't think so, something obviously snatched his leg, you can see it in the video. If you drown from being too drunk, you don't just sink underwater in a split second.

by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2023 5:33 PM

May Julian Sands take care of him on the beyond.

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2023 5:36 PM

my goodness, was he NUDE?

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2023 5:38 PM

My three godbrothers all went to that school from PK-12, and kids from there are extraordinarily close because their numbers are so small.

What a fucking tragedy. And it is why my parents drilled into us NO dare games, NO practical jokes. Things can go sideways so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2023 6:41 PM

[quote] “That’s a special kid… He’s an athlete, great kid, great smile, great head of hair. Just one of the kids you’re so proud of when they cross the stage.” - Lab School Director Kevin George

I think someone has a crush!

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2023 7:05 PM

I think sharks may follow boats especially at night because people throw scraps of food into the water. I remember seeing sharks circle a pier in Myrtle Beach to snatch the fish the fishermen caught.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2023 9:27 PM

It’s always extra sad when a man with a beautiful head of wavy hair dies.

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2023 9:28 PM

Well at least he won't have to continue in life with those tinynips.

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2023 9:28 PM

No mention if his college plans? None too bright

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2023 9:53 PM

If his college plans were abruptly halted, R26?

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2023 9:56 PM

They do, R23. Cruise ships release bilges of waste, including food waste, so sharks have learned to follow them in anticipation of the food. Kid is dead.

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2023 10:01 PM

Shark!

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2023 10:29 PM

He’s probably with Austin and Perry the Florida boat boys R19.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2023 10:40 PM

NOT: hot

Definitely: reckless. As boys are at that age.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2023 10:43 PM

One of the few benefits of having seen JAWS in the theatre at 10 is that I grew up terrified of going into large bodies of water.

It’s easy to criticize the poor kid for doing something impulsive, but that goes with youth. The older I get, the more cautious I am.

It would be one thing to do this during the day, but at night? A really bad decision.

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2023 11:37 PM

I have a weakness for young baseball players in pinstripe pants.

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2023 11:39 PM

Taking someone up on a stupid impulsive dare often ends in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2023 11:42 PM

I’d bet a hundred dollars that this was an unchaperoned trip.

Any parent who allows their 18 year-old, recent high school graduate go on an unsupervised group trip with other teenagers to a foreign country for what was obviously a booze-filled party trip is foolish.

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2023 11:45 PM

The story of the two teenage boys referenced earlier in this thread. They’ve been missing 8 years now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2023 11:50 PM

Wow that boy above has great hair too. Coincidence????

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2023 11:54 PM

[quote] I have a weakness for young baseball players in pinstripe pants.

Did you see his ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2023 11:59 PM

R38, rather flat even pre incident.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2023 12:01 AM

R27 no—if he’s the bright shining light as described, he would have been on his way to college in the fall.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2023 12:04 AM

R37, the boy above on the left looks like a Monchhichi, a hairline is of Guidicean proportions. Those boys were reckless as well, probably not because they were drunk but because they sailed into a bad storm on a very small (for ocean fishing) boat. They should have checked the weather before leaving.

Looking at OP’s boy’s baseball pictures, he doesn’t look like he’s wearing a cup, which is odd because all of my baseball friends wore cups, unlike my football friends. Even with a puny cocklet, you’d have a bulge with a cup.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2023 12:08 AM

[quote] the boy above on the left looks like a Monchhichi, a hairline is of Guidicean proportions

I believe you're trying to say GIUDICEAN proportions.

As in Teresa Giudice and her ape-like family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2023 12:11 AM

R42, you are better wordsmith than me, but you understood my meaning.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2023 12:17 AM

[quote] Wow that boy above has great hair too. Coincidence????

At R36?

Sorry, but NO.

Sad story, but not as sad as it could be.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2023 12:23 AM

He had the rest of his life in front of him....right in front of him.

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2023 12:24 AM

If he were bald would we care? Would anybody care?

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2023 1:28 AM

You can be callous and make funny jokes and comments, but I find this awfully sad. I bet his parents really love him, and his friends. Any one of us could've done something stupid at age 18, or when young and drunk, that led to our death. The fact that there's no body, and likley will never be, adds to the nightmare for the family.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2023 5:49 AM

R36 Wait they were fishing for dolphin fish right? They weren't on an expedition murdering actual dolphins. OK, I feel sorry for them.

by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2023 5:58 AM

[quote] The story of the two teenage boys referenced earlier in this thread. They’ve been missing 8 years now.

There was an epic thread here about that.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2023 6:14 AM

The slo-mo replay at the end of that video at R7 clearly shows a shark attacking him.

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2023 7:33 AM

[quote] clearly shows a shark attacking him.

Possibly but not clearly. That might just as easily have been light reflecting on the waves

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2023 7:52 AM

Any parent who allows their 18 year-old, recent high school graduate go on an unsupervised group trip with other teenagers to a foreign country for what was obviously a booze-filled party trip is foolish.

Girl he’s 18 you can’t stop them doing anything by that age.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2023 8:26 AM

He is swimming pretty casually then disappears suddenly under the water. It does seem like something dragged him under because he wasn't struggling.

by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2023 8:59 AM

There is clearly a massive shark in the water

Swimmer on the lower right

Water is breaking where head and tailfin of shark are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2023 9:13 AM

R28 the Disney World alligator death was thought to have been exacerbated by Disney’s decision to build Maldives-style villas over its lake at the Polynesian

These villas are very expensive.

Wealthy people who stayed in these villas were instructed not to throw food in the water or attempt to feed alligators.

Wealthy people, being who they are, were like “Ooooh a challenge!”

They trained the alligators to look to be fed. Disney had not had an alligator incident in Seven Seas Lagoon (which has been lined with resorts with beaches since the 70s) until they built the villas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2023 9:23 AM

Enhanced a bit more

This is absolutely terrifying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Do people not watch my old stuff anymore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2023 9:35 AM

r36 The kid on the right had his skin completely ruined by the sun, he looks like an old man in that photo. It's honestly for the best.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2023 10:11 AM

R52, of course they couldn’t physically bar him from going but just because he is legally an adult doesn’t mean the parents have no say. They have the power of the purse.

I would double the bet I made previously and say that the parents paid for the trip. This trip was booked several months in advance, if it was like most vacations, and graduation gift money doesn’t start pouring in until closer to the end of school. He very likely didn’t work to earn his own money because he played sports and was from an affluent area.

If you don’t want your child going on a binge drinking holiday, don’t pay for it.

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2023 12:00 PM

[quote]I bet his parents really love him

You think?

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2023 12:14 PM

Do parents really love their children considering all the abuse that goes on or was it just something Louis B Mayer started in his day at MGM like the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2023 12:26 PM

Omg R54 and R56 those photos are terrifying!!!

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2023 5:36 PM

This is why on Bravo's "Below Deck" they tell guests that they're not allowed to swim at night.

Remember that one guest who didn't listen to Captain Lee, and jumped in the water any way?

He kicked her off the boat.

At the time, I thought she was funny, but now I see that the captain did the right thing.

He would be responsible if she got eaten by a shark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2023 5:43 PM

[quote] Definitely: reckless. As boys are at that age.

Not many do what he did.

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2023 5:47 PM

Nice ass. Hope they find him safe and sound.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2023 5:50 PM

He was EATEN ALIVE, you pea brain!

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2023 5:58 PM

Based the video and the stills above he got caught up in the wake off of the bow and, because it was a big boat, it pushed him under. That does not appear to be a shark in the water. The still shows what is, in shape, position, and angle, the wave created by the bow cutting though the water. A boat of this size probably has a deep draft and it would create a lot of turbulence as it sailed.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2023 6:07 PM

R67 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2023 6:13 PM

Nice theory about the wake but they filmed him lounging in the water for a little bit. A moving boat would have quickly left him far behind.

by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2023 6:20 PM

The parabola-like surface ripples are caused by the shark turning around

That’s how they turn around

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2023 6:22 PM

I have a lot of experience with boats and barges, and drunk people being drug under currents surrounding them. Young drunk guys jumped into the river off of a dock in front of my riverfront house with a non-moving barge directly beside in a tidal river, twice, and died.

I’m just giving you my non-expert opinion on what appears to me to be happening here.

by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2023 6:35 PM

I’ll add: we couldn’t get the tourist boat and barge to move so we eventually closed the dock and dismantled it to stop the deaths happening.

by Anonymousreply 72May 31, 2023 6:37 PM

His ass will be so bloated after spending so much time in the water!

by Anonymousreply 73May 31, 2023 6:57 PM

He had a hot ass, but it couldn’t melt in my mouth forever.

by Anonymousreply 74May 31, 2023 7:11 PM

Damn you, Ariel!

by Anonymousreply 75May 31, 2023 7:13 PM

I am not convinced there is a shark in the water, though that wouldn't surprise me. The splash off to the left seems to be made by the rope attached to the life ring tossed into the water, though I can see how some think it is a fin or the movement of a shark turning in the water. I wish there was more/different video. Surprised there isn't, considering how much kids of that age are tied to their phones and filming everything.

by Anonymousreply 76May 31, 2023 7:35 PM

Rest in water.

by Anonymousreply 77May 31, 2023 7:36 PM

R2 That was the most boring dead teen’s Instagram I have ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 78May 31, 2023 10:04 PM

On the bright side, I’m sure that he learned his lesson and he will never do that again.

by Anonymousreply 79May 31, 2023 10:26 PM

R79 Yup

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2023 11:22 PM

Just read it was shark infested waters. This really gives me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2023 2:39 AM

Lucky shark got a piece of dat ass

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2023 4:01 AM

I can’t imagine jumping off a cruise ship. How did he expect to get back in the boat???

by Anonymousreply 83June 2, 2023 6:04 AM

R83 like all teenage jocks, I’m sue he assumed he would rise out of it à la Busby Berkeley,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 2, 2023 9:55 AM

That shark was like, "Darwin sends his regards."

by Anonymousreply 85June 2, 2023 10:36 AM

It looks like he swam toward--and then quickly turned away from--the life preserver. I would assume it was a "Feets don't fail me now" moment.

by Anonymousreply 86June 2, 2023 10:39 AM

I always wished I could have been more spontaneous, reckless and mirthful when I was a teenager, but alas I was self-conscious and neurotic and never a true boy doing daring life-endangering boy stunts. Anyway, I’m still here and at least I didn’t fall off a balcony or get eaten by a shark.

by Anonymousreply 87June 2, 2023 10:50 AM

University Laboratory HighSchool? What a strange name for a school

by Anonymousreply 88June 2, 2023 10:59 AM

University Laboratory High Schools are pretty common. Are you not from the US?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 2, 2023 11:05 AM

What is strange about it? There are dozens of similarly named schools in the U.S.; the name is derived from the fact that many universities’ graduate school of education would establish and operate an affiliated primary or secondary school as part of their Ph.D and master’s programs

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2023 11:06 AM

Not strange in the least

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2023 11:08 AM

Why do you think he turned and swam away from the life preserver? Did he see the shark there?

by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2023 11:26 AM

He definitely saw the shark there. It must have been absolutely terrifying. Even more so than the first death in Jaws.

by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2023 11:42 AM

People probably had been throwing food overboard, 'chumming' the water. The only reason sharks would be following a boat.

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2023 12:16 PM

A friend told me about this video last week and I didn’t want to see it. Yesterday it appeared in my feed, so guess what - I watched. It is haunting.

Yes, that is a shark. Likely then, multiple sharks.

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2023 3:58 PM

Where's the video, R95?

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2023 4:27 PM

Dear God, this is my very greatest fear. I refuse to even wade in the ocean anymore. I used to love it as a kid, but then I became obsessed with sharks -- mostly reading about them and then watching everything on PBS that focused on them. They are gorgeous killing machines. Very rarely with humans, but with other sea life they are like Kali descending from above.

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2023 4:34 PM

If it were a shark, wouldn't there have been blood in the water?

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2023 5:08 PM

That would assume the shark bit him in half on the spot. It may have snatched him and pulled him underwater to drown him.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2023 5:28 PM

Looks like one got his left arm and another got his left leg. He screams in agony, and goes from a horizontal swimming position to vertical in the water, then pulled under.

The video shows a person dying from a shark attack. It is horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2023 5:47 PM

While I’m not a believer in the shark theory, I have to ask…

R99, the shark snatched him with what, his hands? The very nature of a shark bite is that they tear into flesh. Their teeth are serrated, made to rip not cut.

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2023 5:47 PM

Yeah R99 you’re right and that’s what happened. After they bite, taking off a limb or two, they pull the prey under water with their mouths and finish it. No hands involved, duh.

by Anonymousreply 102June 2, 2023 5:57 PM

Mary @ r100 calm ur tits.

Ain't no such thing depicted on the video.

Tony Woodward's explanation is the most credible.

by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2023 6:10 PM

No way. Team shark.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2023 6:19 PM

Interesting enough, sharks are so terrifying to us because we have a genetic memory of when we little monkeys coming down off the trees and we had to be aware at all times of a giant pair of jaws coming for us.

In fact, part of the reason the anatomically incorrect shark in the famous Copley painting (should not have nostrils) is so terrifying is because that’s what we remember from our monkey past. A giant face (with nostrils) lunging toward us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2023 6:23 PM

r98. It was pitch dark. No one would see blood and by the time the sun was up there wouldn't be anything. It's the ocean!

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2023 6:23 PM

The designers of the Jaws poster struggled to create a design that communicated the horror of the shark until they placed the point of view facing the shark’s bottom side.

The shark is one of the most terrifying things to see from a psychological perspective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote] Looks like one got his left arm and another got his left leg. He screams in agony, and goes from a horizontal swimming position to vertical in the water, then pulled under.

[quote] The video shows a person dying from a shark attack. It is horrifying.

Where is the fucking video that you asshole liars are all talking about???

Sensationalist lying cunts!!!!

You cunts deserve a FF for lying and not providing any video footage.

Fucking cunts.

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2023 6:46 PM

There is one frame where you can clearly see the shark’s head breaking the water.

The shark is turning around like this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2023 6:49 PM

Here you lazy cunt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2023 6:50 PM

"He definitely saw the shark there. It must have been absolutely terrifying. Even more so than the first death in Jaws."

Are you saying that actually getting eaten alive by a shark in real life is more terrifying than pretending to get eaten alive by a fake shark in a movie?

by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2023 6:53 PM

There was no shark in the video at R110.

Just as suspected.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2023 6:54 PM

I mean that Chrissy never saw the shark before it attacked her. It attacked her from below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2023 7:02 PM

[quote]Looks like one got his left arm and another got his left leg. He screams in agony, and goes from a horizontal swimming position to vertical in the water, then pulled under.

Shark, is that you?

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2023 7:50 PM

I hope he didn't die a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2023 9:36 PM

He didn’t. He was totally fucked.

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2023 10:13 PM

I can’t imagine being a family member, like his parents, have this video online for the rest of their lives and it showing their son’s death.

by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2023 11:05 PM

One time I was treadimg water at the club, and Joe Biden came up from below and put two fingers in my hoohoo.

by Anonymousreply 118June 2, 2023 11:15 PM

Then there's that one drunken teenager, seeing the shark circling, catcalling, "Bye - bye!" [italic](shiver)[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 119June 2, 2023 11:26 PM

Must be booze is legal there for 18 year olds? The parents knew it was a booze cruise, but I guess if your son is 18 he is an adult

by Anonymousreply 120June 2, 2023 11:48 PM

I used to work at a college where I addressed disciplinary issues. Parents seem to be okay with their "youngsters'" bad behavior until they get into trouble. Then they call our office, pleading or threatening. I remind them students are legally adult when they are eighteen years old.

Then more pleading and threats. Accountability is not something taught in these families. Then lawyers get involved and the parents are told there is nothing they can do but discipline their "youngsters".

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2023 12:34 AM

Sharks gotta eat too

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2023 12:35 AM

I pray his parents don’t live in Houston

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2023 12:56 AM

R121, did you issue any bare assed spankings?

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2023 1:21 AM

Wonder if the shark was coughing up hairballs with all thos curls.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2023 1:35 AM

Helpful drawing, [R109]. I finally see the shark because of your drawing. It is convincing.

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2023 1:52 AM

This video has also been posted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2023 1:55 AM

Best clip showing the shark breaching the surface in slow mo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2023 2:10 AM

It was a Tiger shark, look at the size and also the prominence of the tail fin.

Tiger shark second most dangerous shark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2023 2:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2023 2:22 AM

Have any shark experts analyzed the video?

by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2023 2:28 AM

More clips of the 'shark' and the pirate sunset cruise he was on:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2023 3:25 AM

[quote] Have any shark experts analyzed the video?

Yes, and they're developing training videos for other sharks in the area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2023 8:39 AM

I think this pretty much sums up the video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2023 10:26 AM

Right after he jumps in you can hear a girl scream, Cameron run there’s a shark! She was likely drunk which is probably why she said run instead of swim.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2023 5:39 PM

The sharks got tired of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2023 6:05 PM

People ALWAYS say that kids are generally reckless and “this could be any of us” as if all acts of recklessness are the same. The vast vast majority of teens wouldn’t do this. Nevertheless it sucks and it’s terrible.

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2023 6:32 PM

He want to get his duck sucked that night, at some point. The shark sucked him down under like nothing he ever dreamed of.

by Anonymousreply 138June 3, 2023 6:35 PM

*dick

Fuck this blue comment box for real…🧐

by Anonymousreply 139June 3, 2023 6:36 PM

He took his duck with him on the trip?

by Anonymousreply 140June 3, 2023 7:15 PM

suicide oiviously

by Anonymousreply 141June 3, 2023 7:40 PM

These sharks look about the same size as the one in Cameron's video. Four miles off Florida, so same general vicinity as the tour boat.

They're small, but ferocious and aggressive.

This was in the daytime.

Can you imagine them at night, which is their usual feeding time?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 3, 2023 7:52 PM

Sharks are so fascinating

by Anonymousreply 143June 3, 2023 8:28 PM

Maybe my eyes work differently than most but all of the slowed down videos posted above that “absolutely” show a shark don’t show signs of anything of the sort. It’s like the vast majority of people have never been in the ocean, on a boat, seen someone swim, or even seen a wave!

by Anonymousreply 144June 3, 2023 9:03 PM

I like to believe he was eaten by a shark

by Anonymousreply 145June 3, 2023 9:25 PM

Damn you, Ariel! I said there was something wrong with those eyes!

by Anonymousreply 146June 3, 2023 9:29 PM

[quote] One time I was treadimg water at the club, and Joe Biden came up from below and put two fingers in my hoohoo.

Oh good lord, that is terrifying

by Anonymousreply 147June 4, 2023 1:49 AM

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 148June 4, 2023 6:51 AM

Always look first before you jump into the ocean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 4, 2023 7:10 AM

NY Post is calling it "shark infested waters," and this video seems clearer than most, where you can actually see some kind of creature appear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 4, 2023 7:25 AM

I never realized the waters in the Caribbean were so dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 151June 4, 2023 4:21 PM

I was always told never go swimming at night. Too bad teens are so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 152June 4, 2023 5:28 PM

R144 get your eyes checked and stop finger wagging at all the people who can actually see

by Anonymousreply 153June 4, 2023 6:22 PM

Why is being eaten by a shark at night worse than being eaten by a shark in the daytime?

by Anonymousreply 154June 4, 2023 6:30 PM

It’s the fear of things that go bump in the night?

by Anonymousreply 155June 4, 2023 6:32 PM

^except then they eat you.

by Anonymousreply 156June 4, 2023 6:32 PM

I’d rather get eaten by a shark at night i think they’d enjoy it more

by Anonymousreply 157June 4, 2023 6:44 PM

The waters off Athol Island, where 18-year-old Cameron Robbins was last seen swimming after jumping off the Blackbeard’s Revenge sunset cruise on May 24, are “really shark-infested,” Royal Bahamas Defense Force (RBDF) Commodore Raymond King told the Daily Mail on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 158June 4, 2023 6:49 PM

Sharks feed at night. They hangout near cruise ships because food, waste, etc are dumped into the ocean.

My boyfriend and I were in Acapulco and chartered a boat to deep sea fish. We were anchored and I was sitting on the top deck watching him fish when I looked down and saw a shark, about 12’ long and 3’ wide, right beside our boat. He stayed there about 5 minutes then slowly swam away. It didn’t freak me out; sharks live in the ocean.

The odds of getting killed by a shark are like a bazillion to one, but those odds go way up if you are swimming near a boat at night.

The young man jumped into a teem of sharks. Very sad and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 159June 4, 2023 7:25 PM

Some lucky kid waitlisted at LSU is getting a belated admission offer!

by Anonymousreply 160June 4, 2023 7:32 PM

[quote]Something obviously snatched his leg, you can see it in the video. If you drown from being too drunk, you don't just sink underwater in a split second.

Yes, it seems like, before he disappeared, he wasn't struggling at all, was swimming without difficulty, and the water looked very calm.

by Anonymousreply 161June 4, 2023 7:42 PM

r161 Even if the water wasn't calm, you just don't disappear like that underwater in a split second. Which was my whole point, you dumb bitch. It was obviously a shark.

by Anonymousreply 162June 4, 2023 7:59 PM

[quote]Which was my whole point, you dumb bitch. It was obviously a shark.

Calm down, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 163June 4, 2023 8:23 PM

Poor kid. I know it's morbid but I hope a corpse is found because it would give the family closure. Having a loved one missing is just too painful because there's hope they could survive even if it's slim. I'd much rather know the person is dead and grieve.

by Anonymousreply 164June 4, 2023 8:57 PM

Dear Meemaw,

Did you see that kid get eaten by a shark on Fox News?

Well I just got admitted to LSU. It’s more expensive than community college, so please send a check. Thank you.

Your grandson, Brady Jade

by Anonymousreply 165June 4, 2023 8:58 PM

It's sad, but, hottie?

by Anonymousreply 166June 4, 2023 9:13 PM

Did no one even try to stop him?

by Anonymousreply 167June 4, 2023 9:14 PM

I read somewhere that at least a couple of his friends tried to stop him.

by Anonymousreply 168June 4, 2023 9:54 PM

This was posted on another thread:

Q: How did they know that the girl from "Jaws" had dandruff?

A: They found her Head & Shoulders on the beach!

by Anonymousreply 169June 4, 2023 9:59 PM

This made me cry. His folks sound like nice people. This whole thing just sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 4, 2023 10:02 PM

I bet the person who made the dare feels pretty good right now.

by Anonymousreply 171June 4, 2023 11:21 PM

Who knows if he started it. He may have dared somebody to do something. And then they dated him to do something more.

At least that is sometimes how it worked when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 172June 5, 2023 1:07 AM

Thanks for the link, R170. They seem like a nice family.

It was mentioned that Cameron was adopted shortly after he was born.

The family is asking for any donations to go to an organization in the same location as where he was adopted. I wonder if the organization facilitated Cameron's adoption? A telling choice.

by Anonymousreply 173June 5, 2023 1:46 AM

[quote]I know it's morbid but I hope a corpse is found because it would give the family closure.

You *do* know I turned it into poo, right?

by Anonymousreply 174June 5, 2023 1:56 AM

In all fairness, this could have happened when he was at home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 5, 2023 1:56 AM

So much promise ends with one dumb impulsive action.

by Anonymousreply 176June 5, 2023 2:07 AM

That's interesting R173.

Cameron actually looks like he's related to the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 177June 5, 2023 2:27 AM

Probably should have went with the fellatio on a coke bottle dare.

by Anonymousreply 178June 5, 2023 2:44 AM

R173 So they didn't know his background and that he has terminal dareitis in his family tree

by Anonymousreply 179June 5, 2023 3:32 AM

Holy shit, R162, why did you call me a dumb bitch when I wasn't disagreeing with you? But that said, I can't see the guy "disappearing in a split second" in the video. At what point do you see that happen?

by Anonymousreply 180June 5, 2023 3:46 AM

Someone has a really vested interest in this being a shark attack and can't fucking take any dissent. That video is shitty and ambiguous. Why does everyone have to agree it was a shark? And being fucking needlessly antagonistic about it isn't going to win anyone over. It was so NOT a shark. How's that?

by Anonymousreply 181June 5, 2023 3:49 AM

R181 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 5, 2023 3:58 AM

R181 watch the video at R150.

You'll see it.

by Anonymousreply 183June 5, 2023 4:12 AM

R183 I'm not saying it wasn't a shark but calling someone a dumb bitch because they don't see something in a crappy, dark, video isn't going to make them come to your side. I'm just shocked this was a three hour tour type thing, this dumb kid wasn't even on an actual long cruise before he did this crazy shit. He wouldn't have been long for this world.

by Anonymousreply 184June 5, 2023 4:20 AM

Teens do stupid things.

This one just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 185June 5, 2023 6:40 AM

Case closed!

by Anonymousreply 186June 5, 2023 6:47 AM

It could have been a bull shark.

Check out this huge shark swimming right up to the water's edge in the Bahamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 5, 2023 6:55 AM

He had a hot ass.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 188June 5, 2023 7:12 AM

Things would have ended up differently for him, if he had let ME adopt him.

I'd never let him out of my sight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 5, 2023 7:16 AM

[quote]Blackbeard’s Revenge sunset cruise

Well, I guess Blackbeard got his Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 190June 5, 2023 7:30 AM

[quote] Sharks are so fascinating

Earth is a planet optimized for sharks.

The earliest evidence of shark fossils dates back as far as 450 million years, which means these creatures have been around at least 90 million years before trees and 190 million years before dinosaurs.

by Anonymousreply 191June 5, 2023 8:41 AM

It's called MEGALODON.

by Anonymousreply 192June 5, 2023 9:07 AM

You have officially blown my mind, R191. At least 90 million years before trees!?

by Anonymousreply 193June 5, 2023 9:13 AM

[quote] Earth is a planet optimized for sharks.

What does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 194June 5, 2023 9:39 AM

ummmm...water?

just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 195June 5, 2023 9:47 AM

He meant how else could they survive through so many iterations of planetary life.

by Anonymousreply 196June 5, 2023 10:31 AM

[quote] Earth is a planet optimized for sharks.

[quote] What does this mean?

[quote] ummmm...water?

Then that would apply to all sea life, and not just sharks.

by Anonymousreply 197June 5, 2023 11:07 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 5, 2023 11:07 AM

If only those sharks had eaten Katy Perry at R198, instead of Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 199June 5, 2023 11:09 AM

Couldn't agree more,r199!

by Anonymousreply 200June 5, 2023 11:12 AM

Two things:

1) If it is common knowledge that those waters are "shark infested", I truly hope that some announcement was made to everyone on the ship before or when they first boarded. That would be some serious dereliction if they do not (not in a legal sense, I don't think.) I wonder if there is some kind of written warning/release that is distributed to all passengers. Of course, if they do warn, Robbins was unbelievably stupid.

2) Sharks are everywhere, and it doesn't look like that will change anytime soon; probably get worse. We now have many sharks around Cape Cod. Many. There are also growing numbers around Long Island, NY.

[quote]...located on the Cape, which has become home to one of the largest concentrations of great white sharks in the world. The sharks come to feed mainly on gray seals that have recovered to number in the tens of thousands in Southeastern Massachusetts, particularly on Chatham’s Monomoy islands.

They come very close to shore so the idea of swimming off Cape Cod is now a gamble and less and less people will even venture into the water.

Solutions, such as culling the food source, are dismissed as inhumane. Forget any idea of eliminating the sharks.

We have the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy.

[quote]OUR MISSION - Support scientific research, improve public safety, and educate the community to inspire white shark conservation.

[quote]WHY WHITE SHARKS? - White sharks are apex predators that play a critical role in maintaining a healthy and balanced marine ecosystem. They are also considered a keystone species, meaning they are integral to the ecology they inhabit.

Many living here are not in agreement about the absolute reverence for seals and sharks. Lots of snowflakes up here.

by Anonymousreply 201June 5, 2023 11:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 5, 2023 12:41 PM

[quote] If it is common knowledge that those waters are "shark infested", I truly hope that some announcement was made to everyone on the ship before or when they first boarded. That would be some serious dereliction if they do not (

Exactly what I was thinking, R201.

A major lawsuit.

However, can Americans sue a Bahamian company IN the Bahamas?

by Anonymousreply 203June 5, 2023 5:16 PM

[quote] Sharks are everywhere, and it doesn't look like that will change anytime soon; probably get worse. We now have many sharks around Cape Cod. Many. There are also growing numbers around Long Island, NY.

[quote] They come very close to shore so the idea of swimming off Cape Cod is now a gamble and less and less people will even venture into the water.

That's scary.

But do people actually swim in the cold water off Cape Cod? And how close to shore do the Great Whites come?

by Anonymousreply 204June 5, 2023 5:24 PM

R203 yes. Would that lawsuit have any merit: not at all.

by Anonymousreply 205June 5, 2023 5:27 PM

This legal adult made a bad choice. Who would they sue - the shark?

by Anonymousreply 206June 5, 2023 5:35 PM

Sue the company for not posting warnings about shark infested waters, R206.

It's a simple thing for the company to do, and will prevent stupid young people from doing what Cameron did.

A small thing that saves lives.

The company has a responsibility to warn guests.

by Anonymousreply 207June 5, 2023 5:41 PM

No it does not. He assumed the risk; that’s a long-standing doctrine in common law.

by Anonymousreply 208June 5, 2023 5:43 PM

R204

Close enough that some people are no longer even wading. This is also affecting the beaches in Provincetown, - the Cape Cod National Seashore, Herring Cove Beach and Race Point Beach. There are still plenty of gay men and lesbians sunbathing, but less so frolicking in the water.

From the Cape Cod Times [quote]It’s not like we didn’t suspect it was true, but a new study by the state Division of Marine Fisheries, Atlantic White Shark Conservancy and Arizona State University researchers revealed that sharks visiting Cape Cod spend nearly half their time here in shallow waters that are also used by millions of waders, body surfers, swimmers and others each summer and fall.

There are a number of YouTube video examples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209June 5, 2023 5:44 PM

R207 how would that work since no one can even prove he was killed by a shark?

by Anonymousreply 210June 5, 2023 5:50 PM

Oh lord.

That's it, R209.

I don't ever want to go in the water again.

by Anonymousreply 211June 5, 2023 5:51 PM

R204

I forgot to answer this:

[quote]But do people actually swim in the cold water off Cape Cod?

The answer is yes. In and out. Lots of visitors to the Cape swim in the ocean and the Bay. The bay is a bit warmer. But when gay men haul their asses up to Provincetown to vacation, they're gonna want to get in that water. Even though the odds for one person are low, the odds of it happening to someone are increasing, so even vacationers are paying attention.

I'm the poster that questioned whether people were warned about shark infested waters, but I did caution that it wasn't necessarily legal negligence. Though I suspect his parents may try to sue, even if all they expect is that they'll be paid off by the company.

At some point people have to take responsibility for their actions.

by Anonymousreply 212June 5, 2023 5:58 PM

[quote] R207 how would that work since no one can even prove he was killed by a shark?

People shouldn't have to be killed by a shark, in order for a company to post warnings.

The idea is to PREVENT deaths from happening.

by Anonymousreply 213June 5, 2023 5:58 PM

R213 the posts just get dumb and dumber. There is no duty to warn. Got it? Good.

by Anonymousreply 214June 5, 2023 6:01 PM

[quote] There is no duty to warn. Got it? Good.

Can any (other) lawyers weigh in on this?

Surely, businesses have an obligation to guests to warn them of dangers.

And yeah, the parents are going to sue.

by Anonymousreply 215June 5, 2023 6:05 PM

Partygoers aboard a booze cruise are being slammed on social media for callously saying 'bye bye' as a high school graduate jumped into shark-infested waters in the Bahamas and vanished.

His fellow boat mates, many of them friends, could be heard shouting for the teen as one male yelled: 'This kid f***ing jumped off! Oh my f***ing God! Oh, shut the f*** up! Oh, bye, bye!'

Social media users have since taken aim at the remarks, posting videos asking how Robbins' so-called friends and fellow graduates could dismiss such a dangerous situation without taking action.

Social media users pointed out how Robbins' friends were heard laughing and bidding him farewell instead of trying to stop him or help him back onboard.

One user posted a video demanding to know who was heard saying 'bye bye' on the video.

Another posted a video explaining the incident and wrote in the caption: 'When your drunk and something bad happens like this it immediately makes you wake up and realize whats going on. That was never a friend.'

The same person also said 'imagine being a high school graduate, jumping off a boat on a dare and the last words you hear are 'bye bye.'

The mother of one of Robbins' friends told Fox News that several students tried to grab him before he took the plunge but he broke free.

'This was a booze cruise, and they were on their way back when this happened,' the unnamed woman said on Friday.

'My son texted me when it happened, saying, 'Cameron jumped off. They can't find him.' They were out there until 2, 3 the morning. It was terrible weather that night. The kids were cold, wet and traumatized.

'The girls were in bikinis and bathing suits. The guys were giving them their shirts. It was a bad time to bring drunk 18-year-olds out into waters near this island where there's nothing.'

---------------------

Way to kill our buzz Cameron

by Anonymousreply 216June 5, 2023 6:10 PM

Cruises like this always start with some long, boring speech from the crew about what you can do. And that includes throwing things off the boat (including yourself).

This was an adult who made a dumb decision, and he died for it. It's too bad.

by Anonymousreply 217June 5, 2023 6:13 PM

Simply put: did the cruise line control the water? No. Was the cruise line in control of the sharks? No. Was it foreseeable that a drunken idiot would ignore the rules and jump into the water? No. Was negligence by the cruise line the proximate cause of the drunken idiot’s death? No. Do we even known the cause of death? No. Will they ever know the cause of death.

by Anonymousreply 218June 5, 2023 6:18 PM

Good points brought up at R216.

by Anonymousreply 219June 5, 2023 7:44 PM

TOP OF THE WORLD, MA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 220June 5, 2023 7:47 PM

I'm glad to hear that some of his friends tried to stop him from jumping.

Those are good kids.

by Anonymousreply 221June 5, 2023 7:48 PM

That kid who said "Bye Bye!" is going to get roasted.

I'd love to know which of Cameron's "friends" said it.

by Anonymousreply 222June 5, 2023 8:12 PM

R217 Wow, it's a buzz kill alright but nothing like our patron saint, Dan Motherfuck. Remember the girls tweeting that night, "I have your blood all over me, I can't believe you're gone!" That was really something, so many Jackie O's

by Anonymousreply 223June 5, 2023 8:15 PM

What in the damned hell are you talking about, R223?

by Anonymousreply 224June 5, 2023 8:18 PM

Where's Quint when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 225June 5, 2023 8:20 PM

^also inside a shark

by Anonymousreply 226June 5, 2023 8:22 PM

I'm talking about Dan Motherfuck R224, the teen killed when he stuck his head out of a party bus many years ago. We had a great thread on it. All his teen buddies were posting about how they were drenched in his blood and hoped he'd be able to pull through, despite, you know, his head being gone. Maybe a shark got him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 5, 2023 8:22 PM

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

OMG!!!

What an awful story.

I think it's actually worse than this one.

by Anonymousreply 228June 5, 2023 8:25 PM

R227, wasn't that an episode of Six Feet Under?

by Anonymousreply 229June 5, 2023 8:27 PM

Yes R229. Woman's "divorce" party.

by Anonymousreply 230June 5, 2023 8:34 PM

Still not convinced about the shark, although one of the enhanced Twitter videos posted above has started to sway me...

My question is, was he nude? I honestly cannot tell if he has shorts on or if he jumped naked, nevermind the supposed shark nearby.

by Anonymousreply 231June 5, 2023 8:40 PM

He’s got shorts on

by Anonymousreply 232June 5, 2023 8:57 PM

Oh I don't think it's worse R228, just messier. Dan Motherfuck probably felt no pain and never saw it coming.

by Anonymousreply 233June 5, 2023 9:32 PM

Dan Motherfuck’s girlfriend Alexa had tweeted, “I guess us kissing tonight was goodbye??”

Word on the street is that the parents gave Dan Motherfuck’s to the grieving teen. She keeps it in a bowling bag in her bedroom closet.

by Anonymousreply 234June 5, 2023 9:46 PM

^gave her Dan Motherfuck’s head to the grieving teen.

by Anonymousreply 235June 5, 2023 9:47 PM

One of Dan's douche bro friends said something like, "this is nothing bro, this is a paper cut, I've seen you come back from worse!" I wonder what those kids are up to today.

by Anonymousreply 236June 5, 2023 9:49 PM

Stupid young men have been dying in stupid ways since the dawn of time. Even though we feel saddened at these senseless deaths, they are a vital part population control. Not every baby boy born can or will make it to adulthood to reproduce. It's not Darwin in action as the human species is still thriving, but is still a type of natural selection.

by Anonymousreply 237June 5, 2023 9:51 PM

[quote] So much promise ends with one dumb impulsive action.

Welcome to being a teenager

by Anonymousreply 238June 5, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] One of Dan's douche bro friends said something like, "this is nothing bro, this is a paper cut, I've seen you come back from worse!" I wonder what those kids are up to today.

No fucking way.

People are really not that stupid.

Right?

by Anonymousreply 239June 5, 2023 10:33 PM

Here's the thread R239, I think there are a lot of quotes of the tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240June 5, 2023 10:43 PM

I'm reading from the end of the thread to the front of the thread R240, and it's hilarious!

[quote] Danielle Cervasio ‏@danielle_cervs Pictures of Dan on instagram get more likes than pictures of my tits, look how loved you are baby #ripdan

These New Jersey assholes really are as horrible as they are portrayed.

by Anonymousreply 241June 5, 2023 10:46 PM

How did he get the name "Dan Motherfuck?"

by Anonymousreply 242June 5, 2023 10:47 PM

Dan Motherfuck is fine. He sends his love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 5, 2023 10:48 PM

This too: THE NEWS IS ALL BULLSHIT DANS A FUCKING TROOPER HE'S HAD PAPER CUTS BIGGER THEN THAT. STAY STRONG MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU

R242 That was his twitter handle.

by Anonymousreply 244June 5, 2023 10:48 PM

[quote]How did he get the name "Dan Motherfuck?"

Take a guess.

by Anonymousreply 245June 5, 2023 10:48 PM

Any pictures of Dan the Caveman?

by Anonymousreply 246June 5, 2023 10:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 5, 2023 10:58 PM

R246, it’s Dan Motherfuck, you motherfucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 5, 2023 11:00 PM

From the Dan Motherfuck thread: "This kid was trying to be cool and funny, and he paid the highest price for it. Kids at this age think they are immortal. Hopefully his idiot friends learned something from this."

Always applicable. Kids do dumb shit and they dont always survive.

by Anonymousreply 249June 5, 2023 11:04 PM

Last photo taken of Dan Motherfuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 5, 2023 11:07 PM

From that thread: "only in this ridiculous country would we be looking at the workers on the bus as the reason this happened."

Change it to "his friends egging him on" Yeah, a dare doesn't let you off the hook for your actions. It's too bad he was too immature to tell the dare-r to fuck off. Maybe they'll learn not to dare each other, if that even happened to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 251June 5, 2023 11:12 PM

R242 his twitter name or something was Danmotherfuck

Here's the original thread as it happened

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 5, 2023 11:14 PM

The Dan Motherfuck thread has given this empath a massive headache and a great deal of stress. I have to wash my brain out now. What a horrible way to go.

by Anonymousreply 253June 5, 2023 11:15 PM

[quote] I have to wash my brain out now.

Funny, isn't that what Dan did....?

by Anonymousreply 254June 5, 2023 11:22 PM

I doubt he even felt it R253, he wasn't drowning like Cameron, that would be a way worse way to go!

by Anonymousreply 255June 5, 2023 11:25 PM

One of the Dan tweets:

Conor Corley ‏@Conor_Corley God obviously needed a wingman to mack bitches up there I cant think of a better person to fit the requirements, look over me Dan, love you.

by Anonymousreply 256June 5, 2023 11:34 PM

[quote] From the Dan Motherfuck thread: "This kid was trying to be cool and funny, and he paid the highest price for it. Kids at this age think they are immortal. Hopefully his idiot friends learned something from this."

I'm guessing that the blood splattered all over their clothes, and the headless body that slumped back into the bus would help them to "learn something."

by Anonymousreply 257June 6, 2023 12:09 AM

Hey! This thread isn’t about Dan Motherfuck’s stupidity, it’s about mine! Get back to what’s left of me!

by Anonymousreply 258June 6, 2023 12:30 AM

Truly two of the most senseless deaths I've ever heard of. These poor boys with their poor little underdeveloped frontal lobes. Like a lot of you have already said, when I think about some of the drunken risks I took as a teen and in college, it's a wonder I'm alive today. Gives me shivers just thinking about it. I just feel awful for the parents. You know they are going to spend the rest of their lives retracing their steps, wishing they'd said this or warned about that. Or not allowed their kid on the boat/bus in the first place. So very sad.

by Anonymousreply 259June 6, 2023 12:38 AM

Dan Motherfuck seems quite beloved by his friends.

Lol.

In a very strange and "high school" way, they are all very complimentary of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260June 6, 2023 12:53 AM

The poor girlfriend of Dan Motherfucker. Can you imagine?

by Anonymousreply 261June 6, 2023 1:07 AM

[quote] The poor girlfriend of Dan Motherfucker. Can you imagine?

Rofl R261.

Judging from the picture at R260, it looks like she enjoys eating pussy more than she likes to suck cock.

I'm guessing she turned full on lesbo after he lost his head.

PS Daniel Fernandez was quite handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 6, 2023 1:15 AM

[quote] Search and rescue pros explain how Cameron Robbins likely vanished after diving into the sea

GRAPHIC WARNING: The following report contains details that some might consider graphic in nature.

Grainy cellphone footage shows recent Louisiana graduate Cameron Robbins swimming in Bahamian waters at night, but as the camera pans left for a second he disappears — never to be seen again.

Some claim the video appears to show a shark closing in on the 18-year-old, but longtime scuba and marine seach and rescue experts explain to The Post how several other outcomes need to be considered and explain why they think his body is yet to be recovered two weeks later.

Efforts by the coast guard from nearby Nassau and Robbins’ family were called off after two days when no trace of the teenager were found.

Wednesday will mark two weeks since Robbins, a high school athlete, disappeared, leaving his grieving family without answers.

“He was lost at sea after being reported missing off the coast of Athol Island in the Bahamas on the evening of May 24,” states a recent obituary honoring the beloved brother, son and grandson.

“Though he left this world far too soon, he lived a life full of good friends and family He was funny and kind-hearted, but also intense and driven.” Was it a shark attack?

Robbins graduated from the University Lab School in Baton Rouge three days before he vanished in the “shark-infested” waters off Athol Island in the Bahamas.

He had leaped from Blackbeard’s Revenge, a pirate ship-style vessel, just moments earlier.

The haunting video footage shows Robbins swimming away from a rescue buoy as onlookers shout for him to grab the device.

The shadow of a mysterious being can be seen in the water just feet from where he swam.

Internet viewers speculated the object was a shark which pulled him under. But experts largely reject the claim.

“We’ve consulted with oceanography and fisheries experts,” said Brian Trascher, vice president and spokesperson for the United Cajun Navy, a non-profit that has worked with the Robbins family. “They don’t believe … that he came in contact with any time of shark or predatory marine life.

“And until we get better video or something more conclusive, that’s going to be our position.”

Butch Hendrick, president and founder of public safety dive training company Lifeguard Systems, has spent decades familiarizing himself with the Caribbean waters, including off the Bahamas.

“I don’t hear about a lot of shark attacks in the Bahamas,” he told The Post Friday.

He noted that boats such as the one Robbins and his classmates had been on, often serve food that is then dumped or spilled into the water, which can attract marine life, such as sharks.

Marine life, such as sharks, are “smart enough to realize that’s a boat that comes out all the time and it’s going to have food coming off,” Hendricks, who has developed rescue methods in 15 countries, told The Post.

But the behavior of the object seen in the water with Robbins was not indicative of a shark.

“The tendency is not that [the shark] came in, took him, and took him to the depth,” Hendricks went on.

He noted the lack of any sign of blood in the water.

“They would hit him, that could be enough to totally incapacitate [him]. That could be enough to cause him to drown right there.”

Further, it’s unusual for a shark to actually finish eating a human it attacked, he noted.

“The tendency more often is to take a bite, shake and decide this isn’t what they wanted,” he said.

As for tiger sharks, which are known to swim in the waters off the Athol Island, “they can take a very large chunk,” Hendricks said.

“But the concept that they came back and ate more is slim.”

What did happen to Cameron Robbins?

Cristina Zenato, a longtime diver and Bahamas-based shark and ocean conservationist, told The Post she was not involved in the case at all, but suspected Robbins could have suffered hypothermia, then drowned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263June 6, 2023 1:35 AM

“From what I saw, Cameron was wearing just shorts, and might have had a certain level of alcohol in his blood, which causes vasodilation,” she wrote in an email. “Chances are he didn’t survive hypothermia which contrary to popular belief can happen in matter of an hour or so, even in Caribbean waters.”

Hendricks, much like Zenato, questioned how much alcohol, if any, were in Robbins’ system at the time, and noted that could have contributed to the circumstances.

But Hendricks, whose rescue and recovery training company is one of the oldest in the nation, also wondered whether Robbins could have lost his breath after jumping from the boat.

“When he hits the water, does it simply knock the wind out of him and he can’t catch his breath?” he said.

“Knocking the wind out of himself when he hits the water is a very high possibility – now he’s struggling and he could sink.”

The current at the time would have likely also played a role, Hendricks said, as well as the possibility that Robbins could have hit his head during his descent.

“So, we don’t see the thrashing, we don’t see [blood]. A better chance that he just, he hits his head on the side of the boat or he gets the wind knocked out of him when he hits the water, he can’t catch his breath and then, in 60 seconds he’s leaving the surface.”

He called the chances Robbins could have swum to the safety of a shore “not impossible, but reasonably slim.”

The US Coast Guard and Royal Bahamas Defense Force (RBDF) spent two days searching the waters for any sign of Robbins before suspending their efforts, as is their protocol if they cannot find any trace of an individual missing at sea.

Hendricks, no stranger to search and rescue procedures, said officials likely scoured the water surface for any evidence floating in the water.

Whether or not Robbins’ body sank after jumping from the boat, his remains likely would have floated – unless he suffered any wounds or punctures to his body during his time in the water.

“This happened well over a week and a half ago,” Hendricks said. “In that water temperature, he should have floated.”

In addition to the temperature and any injuries to the body, the water’s depth would also play a role in whether Robbins’ body resurfaced, Hendricks explained.

“It could very well mean the body is gone forever,” he said.

“It’s been too long for that temperature and for that depth, unless the water is very deep there – unless we’re talking water that’s greater than 100 feet,” he went on. “That body should have been up – unless it can’t float.”

Hendricks also noted the existence of a 200-foot underwater channel near where Robbins went into the water.

If the teen did drift into the channel, Hendricks said, “he’s not coming up.”

by Anonymousreply 264June 6, 2023 1:37 AM

How interesting that the "experts" don't think it's a shark attack.

All of us here were pretty much convinced that it was.

by Anonymousreply 265June 6, 2023 2:00 AM

The two most likely scenarios are; he was attacked by sharks, or he was pulled under by the currents. The likelihood that he just drifter along for hours and days is absurd. He was probably gone in just a few minutes or even seconds.

by Anonymousreply 266June 6, 2023 2:06 AM

Are we sure Cameron was adopted?

He looks like the rest of his family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 6, 2023 2:08 AM

Which one of these douchebags do you think said "Bye, bye!" ???

I think it was the 'tard on the far left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 6, 2023 2:09 AM

He was swimming away from the life preserver and he punched the water just before he turned away. He didn’t seem to be impaired by a blow to the head. Hendricks is mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 269June 6, 2023 2:11 AM

[quote] Cristina Zenato, a longtime diver and Bahamas-based shark and ocean conservationist, told The Post she was not involved in the case at all, but suspected Robbins could have suffered hypothermia, then drowned.

[quote] “From what I saw, Cameron was wearing just shorts, and might have had a certain level of alcohol in his blood, which causes vasodilation,” she wrote in an email. “Chances are he didn’t survive hypothermia which contrary to popular belief can happen in matter of an hour or so, even in Caribbean waters.”

[quote] Hendricks, much like Zenato, questioned how much alcohol, if any, were in Robbins’ system at the time, and noted that could have contributed to the circumstances.

[quote] But Hendricks, whose rescue and recovery training company is one of the oldest in the nation, also wondered whether Robbins could have lost his breath after jumping from the boat.

[quote] “When he hits the water, does it simply knock the wind out of him and he can’t catch his breath?” he said.

[quote] “Knocking the wind out of himself when he hits the water is a very high possibility – now he’s struggling and he could sink.”

[quote] The current at the time would have likely also played a role, Hendricks said, as well as the possibility that Robbins could have hit his head during his descent.

[quote] “So, we don’t see the thrashing, we don’t see [blood]. A better chance that he just, he hits his head on the side of the boat or he gets the wind knocked out of him when he hits the water, he can’t catch his breath and then, in 60 seconds he’s leaving the surface.”

Interesting.

And all plausible, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 270June 6, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote] Are we sure Cameron was adopted?

A memorial service for Robbins will be held Sunday at Broadmoor United Methodist Church in Baton Rouge.

Visitation will be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The service will begin at 4 p.m.

In lieu of services, a donation in Robbins' name may be made to Christian Homes & Family Services in Abilene, Texas.

**Christian Homes & Family Services**

I had to look it up. It's an adoption agency.

It's so sweet that the family wants to make any donations in his name to the agency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 6, 2023 2:33 AM

Ah how sweet an organization that probably makes sure little minority babies end up in white Christian homes.

by Anonymousreply 272June 6, 2023 2:39 AM

R268 baseball hat kid.

Maybe tall guy in blue.

Guy on left doesn’t seem like he has a deep enough voice to match the ‘bye bye’ we heard.

by Anonymousreply 273June 6, 2023 2:39 AM

Maybe it was all planned ahead of time and there was like a boat waiting for him and he's gone off to live some new life in South America

by Anonymousreply 274June 6, 2023 2:43 AM

I don’t understand why some of you think that the boat crew should have to warn the passengers not to jump off of the boat into the dark ocean, sharks or no sharks. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 275June 6, 2023 3:14 AM

^ it was only one, very low IQ, poster. He seems to have gone away in a snit at the pushback.

by Anonymousreply 276June 6, 2023 3:19 AM

And when I heard the infamous "bye bye," R268, I immediately visualized something along the lines of the tall purdy boy on the right (standing next to Cameron) with the "Alright Alright Alright" t-shirt on. Someone nice 'n douchey. Someone for whom life had come too easy, and whose genetic and financial blessings had rendered him incapable of experiencing a shred of either humility or empathy.

by Anonymousreply 277June 6, 2023 3:25 AM

[quote] How interesting that the "experts" don't think it's a shark attack. All of us here were pretty much convinced that it was.

Not all.

by Anonymousreply 278June 6, 2023 3:29 AM

Yep R278, not I, but some very dramatic people thought so. "Blood erupting from his torn off arm". Yeah, sure.

by Anonymousreply 279June 6, 2023 3:37 AM

If a shark attacks you do you die pretty quickly?

by Anonymousreply 280June 6, 2023 3:51 AM

I’m also one of the ones who said it was probably the boat’s wake and very unlikely to be a shark. Anyone with experience with boats can see what happened.

The hypothermia risk would have been even greater than usual because the kid was drunk. Alcohol causes the blood vessels to expand and blood to move closer to the skin, causing faster core body temperature loss.

by Anonymousreply 281June 6, 2023 3:56 AM

Would this boat have a motor that could grind him up? We have ferrys where I live and when people jump off the get ground up

by Anonymousreply 282June 6, 2023 4:00 AM

R282, probably not.

This was an ocean going vessel, which generally are propeller-driven but the one large, single prop and keel are much deeper for stability in the water. It would be unlikely that he would be drug that far under, that far away from the boat.

Ferries, which normally operate in shallower water, have multiple smaller propellers very near the surface better suited to inland waterways.

by Anonymousreply 283June 6, 2023 4:26 AM

the obsession with this topic is very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 284June 6, 2023 4:53 AM

[quote]“From what I saw, Cameron was wearing just shorts, and might have had a certain level of alcohol in his blood, which causes vasodilation,” she wrote in an email. “Chances are he didn’t survive hypothermia which contrary to popular belief can happen in matter of an hour or so, even in Caribbean waters.” Hendricks, much like Zenato, questioned how much alcohol, if any, were in Robbins’ system at the time, and noted that could have contributed to the circumstances. But Hendricks, whose rescue and recovery training company is one of the oldest in the nation, also wondered whether Robbins could have lost his breath after jumping from the boat. “When he hits the water, does it simply knock the wind out of him and he can’t catch his breath?” he said. “Knocking the wind out of himself when he hits the water is a very high possibility – now he’s struggling and he could sink.” The current at the time would have likely also played a role, Hendricks said, as well as the possibility that Robbins could have hit his head during his descent. “So, we don’t see the thrashing, we don’t see [blood]. A better chance that he just, he hits his head on the side of the boat or he gets the wind knocked out of him when he hits the water, he can’t catch his breath and then, in 60 seconds he’s leaving the surface.”

None of the above makes any fucking sense to me. One of the few things that's clear from the video and the accounts of witnesses is that the kid disappeared below the surface within a matter of a few minutes at most, not after "an hour or so." Also, as I've noted before, right before he disappears, he seems to be swimming normally without struggling or thrashing. So it seems to me that "hypothermia" and "hitting his head " during the fall or "having the breath knocked out of him" are idiotic theories.

[quote]The hypothermia risk would have been even greater than usual because the kid was drunk. Alcohol causes the blood vessels to expand and blood to move closer to the skin, causing faster core body temperature loss.

Really? Because I have always read EXACTLY the opposite, that alcohol consumption acts as sort of an anti-freeze in cases like this. Isn't the legend that one of the Titanic survivors -- I think it was a baker -- survived in the freezing water because he was drunk as a skunk?

by Anonymousreply 285June 6, 2023 4:55 AM

[quote]Because I have always read EXACTLY the opposite, that alcohol consumption acts as sort of an anti-freeze in cases like this.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 286June 6, 2023 4:58 AM

Those experts have some kind of a vested interest in saying it wasn’t a shark.

by Anonymousreply 287June 6, 2023 6:17 AM

[quote]Those experts have some kind of a vested interest in saying it wasn’t a shark.

It's like the local leaders in the movie Jaws.

by Anonymousreply 288June 6, 2023 6:24 AM

How 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑒 experts disagree with our snap judgments !

by Anonymousreply 289June 6, 2023 6:29 AM

[quote] The hypothermia risk would have been even greater than usual because the kid was drunk. Alcohol causes the blood vessels to expand and blood to move closer to the skin, causing faster core body temperature loss.

[quote] Really? Because I have always read EXACTLY the opposite, that alcohol consumption acts as sort of an anti-freeze in cases like this.

That's right, R285.

Remember the story of the drunk guy who fell overboard off a cruise ship, and survived in the water for 20 hours, because he was totally shitfaced drunk.

And this was in November!!

So her theory doesn't hold up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 6, 2023 6:41 AM

r284 you ain't seen nothin' Try the linked thread - that's a random sample out of about 7-8 parts JIIIMMMMAAYY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291June 6, 2023 6:47 AM

[quote]Those experts have some kind of a vested interest in saying it wasn’t a shark.

[quote]It's like the local leaders in the movie Jaws.

Exactly. Read Ibsen's "An Enemy of the People" . Both tourist destinations are threatened by an invasive but natural threat.

Like now, Bahamas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 6, 2023 7:03 AM

[quote]the obsession with this topic is very disturbing.

He's a cute, white twink. That may explain some of it.

by Anonymousreply 293June 6, 2023 8:06 AM

Absolutely, R292.

Also "shark people" don't want lynch mobs going after sharks because of all the recent shark attacks.

So they're giving out false information about the incident.

I think that really fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 294June 6, 2023 11:03 AM

I think that you’re really fucking nuts.^

by Anonymousreply 295June 6, 2023 11:23 AM

I'm guessing there isn't some big conspiracy, more that there isn't enough evidence yet about what happened, hence the general "lost at sea" c.o.d.

Not to be flippant but does anybody remember Blanche Deveraux's story of faking her own death in high school to see how many people turned up mourn her? If only that could happen with this story. Alas, life is not a Golden Girls episode.

by Anonymousreply 296June 6, 2023 11:40 AM

R275 The flight crew on a plane doesn't tell you not to open the door and jump.

by Anonymousreply 297June 6, 2023 11:41 AM

The bus driver doesn’t tell you not to suck fumes from the tailpipe.

by Anonymousreply 298June 6, 2023 11:47 AM

Lame attempt at sarcasm, R298.

by Anonymousreply 299June 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Not sarcasm, simply a statement of fact.

by Anonymousreply 300June 6, 2023 12:20 PM

Why is everybody hating on the "bye bye" guy? He sounds drunk, probably had no idea that his friend was going to die. Why does there always have to be a scapegoat.

by Anonymousreply 301June 6, 2023 1:10 PM

R301 because when people are screaming and it's clear something awful is happening it's callous to be so cold. Just seeing the video again the "Bye Bye" was the last voice on the video before the kid disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 302June 6, 2023 1:16 PM

R302, He was just being polite.

by Anonymousreply 303June 6, 2023 1:51 PM

Now he belongs to the ages.

by Anonymousreply 304June 6, 2023 1:57 PM

R297 Perhaps they should.......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 6, 2023 2:13 PM

RIP Cameron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 6, 2023 2:18 PM

I think "Bye bye" guy was reacting to the fact that Cameron had just gone out of sight. Some of the onlookers got how serious the situation was, others didn't at that moment, being drunk.

by Anonymousreply 307June 6, 2023 2:35 PM

R301 That's what I said on the other thread. He really doesn't make me livid like eveyone else is, he was hammered too and surprisd the kid jumped.

by Anonymousreply 308June 6, 2023 3:02 PM

Will Cameron's services be broadcast on Zoom this Saturday?

by Anonymousreply 309June 6, 2023 7:33 PM

I want pics of his half-eaten body. Nothing less will satisf

by Anonymousreply 310June 6, 2023 7:35 PM

[quote] I want pics of his half-eaten body. Nothing less will satisf

Trust me, we would if we could!

by Anonymousreply 311June 6, 2023 7:46 PM

The "Bye Bye" guy is going to get cancelled.

I wish his friends would out him, so we can know who said it.

by Anonymousreply 312June 6, 2023 7:52 PM

18 years is a very short life.

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 313June 6, 2023 8:49 PM

He died doing what he loved.

by Anonymousreply 314June 6, 2023 9:48 PM

He will always be 18…inches tall.

by Anonymousreply 315June 6, 2023 10:25 PM

[quote] He will always be 18…inches tall.

And a 30 inch waist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316June 7, 2023 12:32 AM

I'm still wondering which one of these fuckers said "Bye, bye!"

It's like a real life Heathers, complete with the "healing circle."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317June 7, 2023 12:34 AM

With a beercan dick?

by Anonymousreply 318June 7, 2023 12:34 AM

Judge for yourself, R318.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 7, 2023 12:35 AM

OMG!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 7, 2023 1:26 AM

His friends have to go on living, for his sake.

by Anonymousreply 321June 7, 2023 2:00 AM

R320 get on de boat…de banana boat!

by Anonymousreply 322June 7, 2023 2:03 AM

I’m sure bye bye kid had no idea he wasn’t going to come back. You never think you’re in a tragedy when it happens. He probably thought he was screening around pretending to hide

by Anonymousreply 323June 7, 2023 2:12 AM

Look how close the sharks came to the waterline!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 7, 2023 10:53 AM

That's so scary, R324!!

I can't believe they can swim so close to shore.

by Anonymousreply 325June 7, 2023 10:57 AM

I can’t believe sharks can swim!

by Anonymousreply 326June 7, 2023 10:59 AM

We now identify as land dwellers. We were assigned sea creatures at birth. We are simply awaiting the development of land-affirming healthcare and we will come to your house and eat you.

by Anonymousreply 327June 7, 2023 11:01 AM

Thanks to this thread, all the youtube shark videos I've been watching have put sharks at the top of my recommended videos on YouTube.

This footage of a real shark attack on scuba divers underwater is terrifying!!!!

The shark was just swimming along, until one of the divers caught his attention. And then CHOMP!

Blood in the water...

The suspense of this video was really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328June 7, 2023 11:05 AM

Rather a dull video, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 329June 7, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote]Who would they sue - the shark?

Attorneys refuse to sue sharks, professional courtesy.

by Anonymousreply 330June 7, 2023 8:38 PM

Yeah, I really don't get people being so OUTRAGED by the bye bye kid. He's likely 18, with ZERO idea of the world, and consequences. People are weird.

by Anonymousreply 331June 7, 2023 9:35 PM

Plus he didn’t think the kid would actually die. I’m sure he wouldn’t have said that if he knew Cameron was really in trouble.

He probably figured Cameron would just climb back onboard.

by Anonymousreply 332June 7, 2023 10:14 PM

R332 I wish to fuck he had. Sucks.

by Anonymousreply 333June 7, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote] Yeah, I really don't get people being so OUTRAGED by the bye bye kid. He's likely 18, with ZERO idea of the world, and consequences. People are weird.

I think people just think he's a fucking asshole.

Which he is.

Compassionate and caring people would never have said that.

None of the other kids did it. They were either trying to stop Cameron from jumping in, or they were screaming.

It was just that one callous asshole who said "Fuck you, bye bye."

That's the mark of an insensitive asshole. Again, keep in mind that it was just the one kid saying that.

by Anonymousreply 334June 8, 2023 12:30 AM

R334 Ridiculous. It was a highly drunk 18 year old, who again has zero sense of long term consequences in the real world. He likely assumed poor Cameron would be able to get out of the water. Had everyone fully understood that that was the final time they'd see him, I'm guessing he wouldn't have sounded so callous.

by Anonymousreply 335June 8, 2023 6:12 PM

We're going to need to see the bye bye guy before we decide whether or not he is guilty.

by Anonymousreply 336June 8, 2023 7:39 PM

So is this case closed?

by Anonymousreply 337June 8, 2023 8:16 PM

There is no case. There is no body. The end.

by Anonymousreply 338June 8, 2023 8:18 PM

[quote]Ridiculous. It was a highly drunk 18 year old, who again has zero sense of long term consequences in the real world. He likely assumed poor Cameron would be able to get out of the water. Had everyone fully understood that that was the final time they'd see him, I'm guessing he wouldn't have sounded so callous.

I think the point, which you don't seem to comprehend, is that the young man in question was acting like the immature idiot he is in the face of a situation which should have been apparent to him as very grave if only for the fact that so many of the other kids were screaming. No matter how drunk he was, there is no excuse for him sarcastically shouting "bye-bye!"

Get it?

by Anonymousreply 339June 8, 2023 8:59 PM

Summarized

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 8, 2023 9:01 PM

R339 has stated her boundaries about farewell greetings!

by Anonymousreply 341June 8, 2023 9:01 PM

Would have been OK if he said it in Cajun’? Au revoir.

by Anonymousreply 342June 8, 2023 9:25 PM

I hope Cameron didn't hear his mocking tone, what a dismissive and cruel thing to hear just as you're slipping (or being dragged) to the depths of the inky ocean.

by Anonymousreply 343June 8, 2023 9:30 PM

Poor boy. Such a stupid, but understandable way to go. We all do stupid stuff at 18, but most of us live to learn to be more sensible.

by Anonymousreply 344June 8, 2023 9:33 PM

You're all looking at this the wrong way! That boy was raised right. He saw his friend swimming away and used the correct salutation.

by Anonymousreply 345June 8, 2023 10:14 PM

Bye bye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 8, 2023 10:28 PM

Well I'm guessing Mr Bye Bye is persona non grata amongst his classmates right now. People love to have a bad guy in these situations

by Anonymousreply 347June 8, 2023 11:14 PM

R339 Oh, I understood your point. I just completely disagree. Get off your high horse.

by Anonymousreply 348June 8, 2023 11:21 PM

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!

by Anonymousreply 349June 8, 2023 11:33 PM

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen...

by Anonymousreply 350June 9, 2023 2:45 AM

[quote]Oh, I understood your point. I just completely disagree. Get off your high horse.

If you understood my point, you couldn't possibly disagree. Unless you truly think there's nothing abhorrent about that drunken kid yelling "bye-bye" to the kid in the water while other kids are screaming in horror at the situation. The issue here is not that I'm on a "high horse," but that you seem to be functioning at the same low level of humanity and morality as that drunken asshole kid shouting "bye-bye."

by Anonymousreply 351June 9, 2023 3:15 AM

R348 is a turd with no compassion for Cameron

by Anonymousreply 352June 9, 2023 8:21 AM

R343 I wonder if Cameron actually heard it, since his limbs were being torn off his body.

by Anonymousreply 353June 9, 2023 9:02 PM

A male voice was screaming off camera as the video ended. I would love to hear that explained by a member of “the current took him away” crowd.

by Anonymousreply 354June 9, 2023 9:51 PM

Exactly, R354.

A lot of people were screaming, because they clearly saw something in the water that was going to attack him.

by Anonymousreply 355June 9, 2023 10:59 PM

R351 No, I do not think there's anything abhorrent about a teenager yelling out something stupid and ill considered. Like, AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 356June 9, 2023 11:46 PM

R355 if had been clearly seen or known, then we would not have had 355 posts so far. By definition, that’s not clear. To me,

by Anonymousreply 357June 9, 2023 11:48 PM

If he was in the water just swimming around, no one would be screaming. They’d be laughing and cheering him on. Many people jump off boats and you never hear the rest of the boat passengers get hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 358June 10, 2023 1:26 AM

My impression is that some people (maybe the bye bye guy) thought he was just goofing around, but panic was rapidly spreading from those who could see what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 359June 10, 2023 1:43 AM

Why were they screaming, R357?

by Anonymousreply 360June 10, 2023 2:21 AM

I assumed the "bye-bye" comment was made because the boat was still moving (probably not very fast) and the person making the comment was humorously warning the jumper that he could be left behind.

by Anonymousreply 361June 10, 2023 3:55 PM

Did bye-bye guy have insurance? I bet the parents sue him for being mean and not helping.😜

by Anonymousreply 362June 10, 2023 4:04 PM

Bye Bye guy is a meanie who probably bullied Cameron

by Anonymousreply 363June 10, 2023 9:57 PM

The bye bye guy saw the shark and was just being polite.

by Anonymousreply 364June 11, 2023 6:17 AM

[quote]Many people jump off boats

How common an activity is it?

by Anonymousreply 365June 11, 2023 7:39 AM

R358 Not too many people drunkenly jump off large ships moving under power at night into the black ocean because it's such an obviously dangerous and stupid thing to do. Bye-bye.

by Anonymousreply 366June 12, 2023 8:59 PM

His body hasn’t been located, has it?

by Anonymousreply 367June 12, 2023 9:33 PM

The search was called off.

Do bodies eventually sink in the Ocean?

by Anonymousreply 368June 12, 2023 9:39 PM

Although some drowning victims bloat and float because of various gases created during decomposition, I think a body that has been severed open will quickly be consumed by sea creatures of various types and then the bones, which are heavier, will sink. This question sent me to two gross links, which I will kindly share with DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 12, 2023 9:47 PM

....and here's the second

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370June 12, 2023 9:48 PM

R369 thanks for answering my question, I was expecting to get some sarky comment instead. I just wondered if Ocean conditions make much difference as oppose to sea or rivers.

Thank you X

by Anonymousreply 371June 12, 2023 9:49 PM

I wonder how long it took the bodies of Titanic victims to disappear after they sank to the ocean floor. There are lots of shoes down there.

by Anonymousreply 372June 12, 2023 10:58 PM

Did any of the titanic victims wash up somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 373June 12, 2023 11:18 PM

There is a 200–foot underwater channel near where he landed in the water. One expert said that if he drifted into the channel, his body isn’t coming up.

by Anonymousreply 374June 12, 2023 11:35 PM

If you jump off the ship it's best to have a nearby friendly boat with machine guns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 13, 2023 12:43 AM

[quote]I wonder how long it took the bodies of Titanic victims to disappear after they sank to the ocean floor.

I don't know how many of them "sank to the ocean floor," because first of all, a great many people had life jackets on, and they died not from drowning but from hypothermia. And even for those who didn't have life jackets on, would their bodies really "sink to the ocean floor?" I think that only people who ended up on the ocean floor are those who were dragged down with the ship.

by Anonymousreply 376June 13, 2023 3:47 AM

[R369], thanks for sharing. I’m surprised Laci Peterson’s body was found somewhat intact considering she’d been submerged with anchors.

by Anonymousreply 377June 13, 2023 3:49 AM

R377 wasn't she just a torso and leg?

by Anonymousreply 378June 13, 2023 7:10 AM

[quote] I’m surprised Laci Peterson’s body was found somewhat intact considering she’d been submerged with anchors.

Bitch ain't got nothin' on me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 13, 2023 8:39 AM

What about all the people trapped on the lower floors of the Titanic. Do their clothes or any of their bones still exist?

by Anonymousreply 380June 13, 2023 3:47 PM

Ballard found no bones when exploring Titanic but did find multiple pairs of mated shoes that indicated where a body had been before disintegrating.

Cameron has visited the wreck 33 times and said he has seen "zero human remains" during his extensive explorations of the Titanic. "We've seen pairs of shoes, which would strongly suggest there was a body there at one point. But we've never seen any human remains,” said Cameron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 13, 2023 5:25 PM

As horrible as it is, maybe poor Cameron was better off being killed by a shark. Watching that boat sail away while treading water is to awful to think about.

by Anonymousreply 382June 14, 2023 1:53 AM

This incident has reignited America’s love affair with sharks

by Anonymousreply 383June 14, 2023 2:35 AM

Thank you for that video, R381. Super interesting!

by Anonymousreply 384June 14, 2023 2:51 AM

The bodies in Lake Superior are kept whole by the cold.

by Anonymousreply 385June 14, 2023 4:43 AM

[quote]Watching that boat sail away while treading water is to awful to think about.

Well, yes -- but that wouldn't have happened. The boat wouldn't have "sailed away," because all of those kids were aware that someone had jumped overboard, and many of them were screaming. So even if the boat had been moving at the time, and it seems that it wasn't, I'm sure it would have stopped very soon and gone back and picked up Cameron.

by Anonymousreply 386June 14, 2023 5:30 AM

I thought it was difficult to turn around, and navigate to the person in question, currents being what they are.

by Anonymousreply 387June 14, 2023 12:03 PM

Whoever is mad about the bye-bye kid has autism

by Anonymousreply 388June 14, 2023 2:59 PM

[quote]Whoever is mad about the bye-bye kid has autism

I'm surprised you don't understand why many people would find it appalling that someone would yell "bye-bye" to someone else who had jumped off a boat into the ocean at night, even if you personally have no problem with that. But maybe that's because you yourself lack empathy and humanity.

by Anonymousreply 389June 15, 2023 1:26 PM

Fucking hell, people are acting like Mr Bye Bye threw Cameron into the water and directed the shark/s to devour him! He uttered two words, whilst inebriated, and now all these Mary's think he's a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 390June 15, 2023 1:51 PM

It is quite the exaggerated contempt for hearing two words from an unknown teenager.

by Anonymousreply 391June 15, 2023 1:54 PM

He's not a murderer, he's just an asshole with no empathy or humanity. And as for excusing his behavior because he was drunk, inebriated or not, would YOU would yell "bye bye" in a mocking tone to someone who had jumped off a boat into the ocean at night? Maybe you would....

by Anonymousreply 392June 15, 2023 2:01 PM

Did he throw confetti and streamers?

by Anonymousreply 393June 15, 2023 3:06 PM

If I were drunk I totally could have been bye bye guy.

by Anonymousreply 394June 15, 2023 3:13 PM

I fail to see all the DL interest on this.

He really wasn't that hot.

by Anonymousreply 395June 15, 2023 4:06 PM

So if had said “see you later, alligator” then I/2 of these posts would be moot? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 396June 15, 2023 4:21 PM

I agree, R395.

If he was eaten by a shark, he's been fully digested by now and shit out as a turd on the ocean floor. Time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 397June 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Maybe at the second the very drunk, bye bye guy, at that very instand, thought Cameron was simply gonna swim to the life preserver, hang around a bit, the boat would turn around, and they'd fish him out of the water.

In the video, you see him swimming very strongly - I never would have expected he'd suddenly go down. And add the fog of drunken partying teens - I'm sure not all of them had as good a view as we did on the video.

Sheesh, you'd think this poor guy pushed Cameron off the boat. This may end up being the nicest kid in the bunch who just had no clue it was going to be fatal.

by Anonymousreply 398June 15, 2023 4:39 PM

* sorry for the mangled sentence that I tried to edit, ahem. Maybe at that instant, he thought Cameron was simply gonna swim to the life preserver...

by Anonymousreply 399June 15, 2023 4:40 PM

[quote]If I were drunk I totally could have been bye bye guy.

I've always subscribed to the notion that alcohol doesn't make people behave in ways that are "not them," but rather, because it removes inhibitions, it allows people to show who they really are without societal constraints.

by Anonymousreply 400June 15, 2023 4:56 PM

[quote] I fail to see all the DL interest on this.

[quote] He really wasn't that hot.

Bye bye!

by Anonymousreply 401June 15, 2023 6:41 PM

People LOVE to be outraged.

by Anonymousreply 402June 15, 2023 6:44 PM

R400 you may not have noticed, but your subscription was cancelled a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 403June 15, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote]I've always subscribed to the notion that alcohol doesn't make people behave in ways that are "not them," but rather, because it removes inhibitions, it allows people to show who they really are without societal constraints.

I agree, but in this case, the guy may simply have blurted out something (in the chaos of everyone laughing then screaming) to kind of go along with what the jumper just did and downplay (in his own mind) what was suddenly happening, like a form of denial in not immediately grasping how dangerous that jump really was . I don't think it was meant as an "oh well", more like not comprehending what was actually happening.

by Anonymousreply 404June 16, 2023 3:42 AM

Is it true he jumped because of the bet? Who was he betting with?

by Anonymousreply 405June 16, 2023 4:56 AM

No one said it was a bet. There have been reports that it was a dare, not quite the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 406June 16, 2023 5:23 AM

Has "Bye Bye" guy been identified yet?

I need to know who said it!!

by Anonymousreply 407June 16, 2023 5:50 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408June 16, 2023 6:12 AM

^^ Maman's "laissez les bon temps rouler" bag at memorial service was a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 409June 16, 2023 6:12 AM

This site's hissyfit about Daily Mail links is so childish

by Anonymousreply 410June 16, 2023 6:21 AM

Why is it a big mystery what happened to the boy? There's only a 40 sec video, but there were dozens of people on that boat and it looks like the boat was hardly moving at the time. Did he really disappear after 30 sec and was gone? What did the other passengers report? We never heard from the other people on that boot what really happened after the video ended. If a shark really attacked him, why didn't anyone hear him scream or see him struggle with the shark?

by Anonymousreply 411June 16, 2023 7:35 PM

Because there was no shark.

It might have beeen the DL nemesis 🌊🐄

by Anonymousreply 412June 16, 2023 8:24 PM

R411, I have the same questions. Unless it was also very unclear to the other people on the boat what happened. Maybe some or all of them thought that MAYBE they saw a shark, but weren't sure. And if a shark killed the kid by dragging him under the water from underneath, that's something that wouldn't be clear to witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 413June 16, 2023 9:01 PM

I saw a youtuber claiming to be a shark expert who said sharks don't just come up to someone and bit them right away. They'd circle around a bit first. He said it 'might' be true but watching the video, he didn't think so. He discussed which types of sharks frequented that area (and their habits) but I don't remember the details.

I also read somewhere that there was a nearby sinkhole or place with a fast current that could have sucked him under - that would also explain him suddenly turning away from the life preserver thing and swimming the other way - if he felt like he was being pulled under.

by Anonymousreply 414June 16, 2023 10:30 PM

* BITE them right away

by Anonymousreply 415June 16, 2023 10:30 PM

Bye Bye!

by Anonymousreply 416June 16, 2023 10:31 PM

Jesus Christ who keeps bumping this thread? I ate him three weeks ago! Do you go on and on about a meal you had three weeks ago?

by Anonymousreply 417June 16, 2023 11:35 PM

The thread title sparked my interest

by Anonymousreply 418June 16, 2023 11:48 PM

R417 Yes if it was especially delicious.

by Anonymousreply 419June 17, 2023 2:50 AM

There are dozens of kids who could tell us what happened but they’ve been gagged, probably under legal threats

by Anonymousreply 420June 17, 2023 6:17 AM

Yes, the shark filed for a protective NDA order against the kids.

by Anonymousreply 421June 17, 2023 9:22 AM

Usually there's a struggle before a shark drags someone under the water. Every video I've seen the person usually first struggles with the shark and when they're hurt or severely injured, the shark drags them under the water. In this case, the shark supposedly just swallowed the teen. No struggle or screaming. He just disappeared. It's weird that the video just stopped after 40 sec and not one newspaper or reporter bothered to talk to the other people on that boat or his friends what happened after the video ended. If he really just disappeared and that was the end, my guess is a strong current got him.

by Anonymousreply 422June 17, 2023 9:49 AM

It was strange how he just swam away without communicating to his friends, especially if he jumped on a dare. Seems he would have yelled up to them after he was in the water. That kind of makes it seem like he saw a shark and immediately went into survival mode. If a current dragged him, wouldn't he have cried out for help? Or maybe the jump itself shook him up and he became disoriented as a current dragged him away. But when that happens, doesn't the person tread water for a long time? Jumping off a ship into dark water is so eerie. His family must be living a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 423June 17, 2023 10:27 AM

I also read that he was adopted from a Texan orphanage as a toddler. Seems like he was adopted by a nice, wealthy family who provided him a lavish lifestyle and he threw it all away with this stupid stunt.

by Anonymousreply 424June 17, 2023 10:31 AM

[quote]There are dozens of kids who could tell us what happened but they’ve been gagged, probably under legal threats

Legal threats from whom? The company that owns the boat? As many people have expressed here, I can't imagine they'd ever be held liable in any way.

by Anonymousreply 425June 17, 2023 1:37 PM

At least one other video exists somewhere. You can see someone else filming with their phone.

by Anonymousreply 426June 17, 2023 1:51 PM

WTF haters, it's not like I ate that kid!

by Anonymousreply 427June 17, 2023 2:26 PM

Maybe it was an "I Know What You Did Last Summer" teen murder cover-up?

by Anonymousreply 428June 17, 2023 2:36 PM

[quote] Usually there's a struggle before a shark drags someone under the water. Every video I've seen the person usually first struggles with the shark and when they're hurt or severely injured, the shark drags them under the water. In this case, the shark supposedly just swallowed the teen. No struggle or screaming. He just disappeared

Compare this video with the CONFIRMED shark attack on the Russian fellow in Egypt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 17, 2023 6:53 PM

It’s even scarier to think that the ocean can just suck you under than being eaten by a shark

by Anonymousreply 430June 17, 2023 7:04 PM

Phyllis, r430, is scared of a baby pool.

by Anonymousreply 431June 17, 2023 7:26 PM

Around 400 people have gone missing from a cruise ship since 2000. This has included both cruise ship passengers and members of the crew. Only 17% to 25% of the fallen passengers make it out alive and live to tell their tales.

Investigators found that just under half the number of overboard accidents happen on Carnival Cruise Lines, with Royal Caribbean following in a close second. More than 20% of the people die during their rescue, while 60% of the surviving passengers die a few minutes after getting rescued.

by Anonymousreply 432June 17, 2023 7:31 PM

Remember that girl who disappeared from a cruise, then some time later some guy said he'd happened upon to doing forced work as a prisoner in a brothel?

He did nothing to help her

by Anonymousreply 433June 17, 2023 7:35 PM

R433 Yeah that didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 434June 18, 2023 12:44 AM

Amy Bradley

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 18, 2023 4:56 AM

Thanks R435 I'd forgotten her name, poor girl.

by Anonymousreply 436June 18, 2023 8:57 AM

[Quote]More than 20% of the people die during their rescue, while 60% of the surviving passengers die a few minutes after getting rescued.

Why? Extreme exhaustion? These huge cruise ships should be forced to have rescue helicopters or special boats who can immediately go back to the spot where the accident happened. They certainly have space for slot machines and other unnecessary crap. Why not invest in safety?

by Anonymousreply 437June 18, 2023 9:04 AM

I was kind of hoping R432 would include how the "overboard accidents" happen. What were the 400 people doing? In this case, the kid jumped. In the case of that George Smith guy a few years ago, he and his bride were inebriated with absinthe and met up with thugs on the ship who may have beat him up and thrown him overboard while his wife was passed out in a hallway (she made it to her massage the next morning, though!). What's the most common reason these people are falling off of cruise ships?

by Anonymousreply 438June 18, 2023 10:42 AM

[Quote]What's the most common reason these people are falling off of cruise ships?

Couple of years ago there was video of tourists trying to take a picture and they were sitting/climbing the rail. There was also a video of a person falling of the ship. She/he first hit the lifeboat and people were trying to help, but it was too late and the person fell. Not sure if she was involved in a fight or stupid accident. I think most people are just dumb and fall of the ship while taking a picture/selfie or being drunk. Followed by people who just jump of the ship and commit suicide.

by Anonymousreply 439June 18, 2023 11:01 AM

Thanks, R439. I guess life on the sea isn't much different than life on land! Add in more concentrated spaces of serious inebriation and...oh boy.

by Anonymousreply 440June 18, 2023 11:11 AM

R435 there's nothing there about her being a sex worker, you QAnon moron.

by Anonymousreply 441June 18, 2023 12:29 PM

R441 look her up on Wikipedia you twat, I'm not going to link for you.

by Anonymousreply 442June 18, 2023 12:46 PM

Shark is hot topic right now. Somewhere in Hollywood, some producer is probably convincing Steven Spielberg to make another sequel to Jaws after his string of flops.

by Anonymousreply 443June 18, 2023 12:51 PM

I don't think they will find him. Bye-bye to the Camster.

by Anonymousreply 444June 18, 2023 1:08 PM

R442 not believing anything in Wikipedia. If it were legit, it would certainly appear in that FBI document. Again, didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 445June 18, 2023 1:15 PM

R442 I apologize for being a dick. I read her whole story. I do doubt the brothel claim, but who knows? Peace.

by Anonymousreply 446June 18, 2023 1:32 PM

R446 no problem. I only remember the brothel detail as I found it weird someone would admit to have done nothing to help her!

by Anonymousreply 447June 18, 2023 2:23 PM

R447 her poor family was bilked out of over $200,000 for a fake "rescue mission." Just a terrible story.

by Anonymousreply 448June 18, 2023 3:17 PM

If only someone told him the statistic only 20% of passengers who go overboard wind up living.

They shouldn't have to, but maybe it's a good idea to warn people as the cruise begins. Especially when it's drunk 18 year old str8 boys.

18 years of schooling for what? I'm so sorry for his family.

by Anonymousreply 449June 18, 2023 3:25 PM

was this a cruise boat or just some ferry like party boat?

by Anonymousreply 450June 18, 2023 4:11 PM

The latter, dressed up as a ‘pirate ship.’

by Anonymousreply 451June 18, 2023 4:44 PM

It's a 60-year-old mail boat that was converted right before the pandemic. Dead name: Eleuthera Express.

Because of a recent shark attack on a tourist and a boat explosion that killed a tourist and injured ten others, the owner couldn't find a Bahamian insurance company willing to offer worldwide coverage. He ended up with a $5M policy from a company in Florida. Always Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452June 18, 2023 5:43 PM

I think the poor lad was gay. He jumped off the ship because he couldn't stand to be on such a tacky monstrosity another minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 18, 2023 6:04 PM

That picture of the boat at R453 is interesting.

I thought maybe he took an easy jump off of a platform, but from the looks of it he actually would have to have jumped from the middle of the boat, and that's quite a far distance to the water.

I know it doesn't look like it, but it is a far distance.

What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 454June 18, 2023 8:04 PM

I’ve never been on a cruise why didn’t they send someone into the water after him?

by Anonymousreply 455June 19, 2023 3:08 AM

He was adopted? Interesting. Has DL formulated a pathology for adopted children. Very needed right?

by Anonymousreply 456June 19, 2023 3:22 AM

R455 lol. I’m guessing you’ve watch Speed 2 and other mindless action flicks too many times. Even an expert diver will not jump into the ocean without preparation. It seems like he didn’t put much foresight in how he we was going to get back on the ship. Buck would have thought a plan before being a badass.

by Anonymousreply 457June 19, 2023 3:26 AM

Cameron was a real cutie -- great smile. Looked like a fun guy.

by Anonymousreply 458June 19, 2023 3:49 AM

I'm quite certain that before he even hit the water, he realized that he had made a terrible, terrible mistake that he would not survive.

by Anonymousreply 459June 19, 2023 8:21 AM

Sharks can swim into inland waters too, FYI.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460June 19, 2023 2:53 PM

R460 That’s not real …that’s from the Universal Studios tour in The Valley.

by Anonymousreply 461June 19, 2023 3:03 PM

[quote]I'm quite certain that before he even hit the water, he realized that he had made a terrible, terrible mistake that he would not survive.

Why are you "quite certain" that he realized it at that point?

by Anonymousreply 462June 19, 2023 5:07 PM

He had an awful lot to deal with in a mere few minutes, if not seconds - I doubt that he pondered his decision at all. Just hitting the water, slapping into your face, is enough to make your fight-or-flight reflexes and adrenaline go as high as possible. You can see him swimming very fast - then changing direction because something must have gone terribly wrong - and then, poof, he's down (probably fiercely trying to get back up out of the current - or fighting the shark and trying to get away - then... the end.

by Anonymousreply 463June 19, 2023 5:35 PM

R459 He is interacting with the audience after diving in. It’s quite obvious what happen here. He dived in and then saw the 🦈. He tried to get away but could not do so and was served as gourmet dinner for the sharkie. RIP. I would quote Darwin but this is much deeper than that. He had not one friend on that cruise ship. Is the generation really becoming dumber. Not one sober person to stop him.

by Anonymousreply 464June 19, 2023 5:35 PM

I don't remember him interacting with the kids after he hit the water, R464. Was he frantic and asking for help? or smiling and still in the 'having a lark' and 'look how macho I am' mode?

by Anonymousreply 465June 19, 2023 5:38 PM

Cameron was cute in a certain way. A few pics, with his hair wet, he looks very cute. He’s probably one of those who is way cuter in person. His body was sick!

The shark “expert” guy on YouTube said he does think they figure was a shark, but a small one likely 5ft. Cameron definitely turns quick away when it appears he sees it. The guy doesn’t think the shark could kill him, though it could cause enough damage to cause him to drown. He said the waters around Nassau aren’t as shark infested as most of the Bahamas except the exact location he jumped.

I think he drowned and shark got the remains.

The bye bye guy was drunk. JFC I cannot believe some of you want to draw and quarter him.

by Anonymousreply 466June 19, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]I’ve never been on a cruise why didn’t they send someone into the water after him?

Another reason why this cruise line will be sued. They did nothing to help. They didn’t even have signs up saying not to jump off the ship.

by Anonymousreply 467June 19, 2023 8:01 PM

R467 Is that true because if so they can and will be sued because tort law in America is established in a way that even stupid cunts have a case. I’m pretty sure they did have language up conveying not to jump. If the company isn’t American the cunt plaintiffs may run into problems.

by Anonymousreply 468June 19, 2023 8:05 PM

The owners are Bahamian, but someone upthread said they're insured by a Florida company.

So it's unclear what rights the family has, when it comes to a lawsuit against the owners of the charter.

by Anonymousreply 469June 19, 2023 8:08 PM

R467 he was gone in 60 seconds! He swam away from the life buoy! WTF are you not seeing?

by Anonymousreply 470June 19, 2023 8:10 PM

R469 the “flag” of a vessel is NOT related to the owner’s physical location. Capisce?

by Anonymousreply 471June 19, 2023 8:12 PM

So much apparent stupidly about the rights and responsibilities in this instance…I sometimes fear the intelligence of DLers; in this thread I fear their sheer ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 472June 19, 2023 8:16 PM

R469 The company can then sue the insurance company. I highly doubt no language either conveying or signaling not to jump. That would be risk liability suicide. The boy was autistic and of normal intelligence however if no such sign exist they will have a legitimate suite. In a common sense it’s a frivolous lawsuit but you know we must protect every intellectual capacity.

by Anonymousreply 473June 19, 2023 8:19 PM

Meant to type he was NOT autistic.

by Anonymousreply 474June 19, 2023 8:19 PM

[quote]I highly doubt no language either conveying or signaling not to jump. That would be risk liability suicide. The boy was autistic and of normal intelligence however if no such sign exist they will have a legitimate suite.

The last cruise I went on had no signs anywhere about not jumping off. Were they suicidal?

by Anonymousreply 475June 19, 2023 8:21 PM

R473 please write in English. Please don’t pretend you have even a basic understanding of torts or common law. TIA

by Anonymousreply 476June 19, 2023 8:24 PM

R476 you arrogant cunt. I do , some of us type fast on our iPhones. I’m here sitting here at work because I’m addicted to DL. You got that Addicted. I’m addicted to the site. Don’t judge me just love me.

by Anonymousreply 477June 19, 2023 8:26 PM

Why are tough working? Today is a federal holiday! Why aren’t you celebrating Juneteenth, or just enjoying the day off? Why are you making unintentionally humorous posts about basic legal concepts?

You can just ask “what’s the applicable law,” or “what’s the best or likely outcome for his family”—you’d get more helpful or interesting info that way. ☮️

by Anonymousreply 478June 19, 2023 8:33 PM

I hope Cameron got his knob polished off at the least on his last night

by Anonymousreply 479June 19, 2023 8:34 PM

Why are you working*

by Anonymousreply 480June 19, 2023 8:35 PM

R4678 because I work for a corporate, public limited company. They selected MLK this year for federal holidays. And I’m not being funny. We don’t get all the numerous federal holidays off outside of the core— Labor Day, memorial, veterans, thanksgiving and Christmas. Traditionally they alternate btw President’s and MLK.

by Anonymousreply 481June 19, 2023 8:40 PM

R478*

by Anonymousreply 482June 19, 2023 8:40 PM

Your loss. In that context, your nonsense makes a tiny bit of sense.

by Anonymousreply 483June 19, 2023 8:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!